Windows Support Forum

Upgrading my PC. Need Suggestions

Q: Upgrading my PC. Need Suggestions

Hi Guys! I hope you have the time to see this post and give me some suggestions on Upgrading my PC.

Bought all of these parts last June 9, 2014.
This is my Rig

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 (Service Pack 1)
ECS Elite Group Deluxe H87 H3-M 1150
i5 - 4570 CPU @ 3.20 GHZ
HyperX Fury 8gb 1600mhz
PSU 600WATS Cougar
Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 Twin Frozr 256mb 2GB GDDR5
BenQ 22" LED 1920x1080
HDD 1TB for Storage
500GB split this into half Disk C: has 250 where I install my OS at and Local Disk D: where I put my games/saved games.
PC Case: Ostrog Enermax

I mainly created this Rig for gaming.

I'm planning to buy an SSD soon, any tips? Already read the most budget SSD is the Crucial m4 ssd 128gb
Also thinking of upgrading my Motherboard. Also, if ever I'm changing my MOBO, do you guys think I need to change my PSU as well?

Thoughts/Opinions/Suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Upgrading my PC. Need Suggestions

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Upgrading my PC. Need Suggestions

There is no gain using an SSD for storage. I would buy an SSD to transfer the system and applications to. Format the existing drive for a storage drive. That will give you the full benefit of the speed that an SSD will give you. Try some PC trans software. They do the job well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-pc-need-suggestions.216438/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have an IVY GL mobo with an AMD Athlon X Dual core I m looking to upgrade to a upgrading Suggestions CPU for quadcore but I m not sure which way to go Here are my questions My CPU is a AM socket type So exactly which types of sockets are open to me Is it strictly AM or is there backward compatibility with AM and AM I read that there is backward compatibility Suggestions for upgrading CPU but I Suggestions for upgrading CPU m just not sure The specs for Suggestions for upgrading CPU my mobo say that the only supported processor upgrades are Athlon X with Dual Core technology up to up to watt TDP Athlon up to Sempron but I have read that often times the manufacturer doesn t list the correct upgrades because some compatible processors weren t on the market at the time the mobo was released So what s compatible Is it only what the manufacturer listed or are there others My last question is what are some suggestions for a quadcore upgrade for my mobo I was looking at a AMD II X but I m not even sure if that particular model is compatible Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Suggestions for upgrading CPU

The wise move would be to upgrade the motherboard and the CPU together... watching out for memory that fits... There are always great deals on systems still at online shelves six months after announcement. They have to get rid of the old to make room for the new.
Changing CPU only doesn't result in much noticeable improvement and is a pain in the @ to do

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-upgrading-cpu.150845/
Relevancy 55.04%

This is an overview of my computer Coolmaster Elite Case link to image Windows Ultimate Service Pack build Gigabyte P -DS Motherboard gigahertz Intel Core Duo Western Digital GB not sure what model NVIDIA GeForce GT MB Kingston GB DDR RAM WinFast DTV H Thermaltake W PSU not sure what model I m going to be upgrading to these Kingston Value GB DDR RAM WD Blue TB WD EALX SATA M rpm HDD Gigabyte GB GT PCI-E VGA Card Suggestions. Upgrading Corsair CX ATX Power Supply Unit Total which is hopefully a weeks pay so I can get these in two weeks saving up and all So i ll have an extra TB HDD with my GB and an extra GB making it a full Upgrading Suggestions. gb cause i m on bit windows Because the GPU requires a W PSU I figured I d go up to W My question is for those who know their computers would the GPU and PSU fit into my Case and will the GPU work with my Motherboard If the GPU ad PSU aren t compatible with my MB then will a Gigabyte GB GT PCI-E VGA Card work I play games Upgrading Suggestions. but I mainly use this computer for Multimedia purposes I ll be using the Adobe suit very thoroughly so Upgrading Suggestions. I need something that ll make my computer run a tad smoother I was thinking of purchasing a SSD GB and installed my OS and Adobe Suit on that nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

I am currently thinking about upgrading my PC however I only know the basics of computer hardware but when going into in-depth analysis of what would Upgrading Suggestions be best for me I would have no clue where to start The purpose of upgrading is to play newer computer games with better frames per second at a decent resolution not necessarily on maximum graphical settings I am running Windows XP Home Edition and do not wish to upgrade to Vista Upgrading Suggestions My computer is a Gateway GM the system specs are on this website https support gateway com s PC R sp shtml I was thinking about getting a better graphics card from mb to mb As well adding around gig of ram However I don Upgrading Suggestions t know enough about hardware to know exactly what I am doing I would like just to know how to increase my performance within the ball park of - American dollars I would prefer to buy from a shop but I am willing to buy from an online retailer This all depends on your advice Side note only had computers in my life my first had a hard drive size of gigs and that was huge then how the times do change Thank you for your time Anthony Noon nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+, AMD64 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4095 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152624 MB, Free - 45648 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M2N68-AM, Rev X.0x, MF708CG02700147

I was told that my CPU/Motherbaord wasn't best suited to the graphics i have, what do u suggest about upgrading, or something?

Relevancy 55.04%

Built my current PC in August of Last week i went to Microcenter and upgraded from gb of ram to gb Bought a new SSD and New w PSU Here are my before and after specs Before Mobo - MSI G CPU Phenom x RAM GB DDR - MHz GPU AMD Radeon HD GDDR GB HDD Western Digital WD Blue WD AAKS PSU Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus RS -PCARD -Watt After Mobo - Same CPU - Same Ram - GB DDR PC - MHz GPU - Same HDD - Same SSD - Intel gb PSU - OCZ ModXStream OCZ MXS W So After last weeks SSD and Ram and PSU upgrade i'm looking to upgrade the rest of my system What i'm asking for is any tips on upgrades or suggestions Need Upgrading PC.... My Suggestions. on do i actually need to upgrade anything at all The only thing i'm probably not wanting to upgrade is the MOBO since it's probably a hassle and a half Thanks ahead of time Upgrading My PC.... Need Suggestions.

A:Upgrading My PC.... Need Suggestions.

magepker,
Here's the list of supported CPU's for the mobo. I would jump on the fastest 6 core like this one, search for the 1100T if possible while supplies last, please note your bios and potentally needed updates and prefrom same before installing the upgrade CPU. Will the rig be wickedly faster ...doubtful, but faster it will be on complex tasks. Other then maximizing the the CPU potential, your may well want to save and plan on a new mobo and CPU and yes it's a lot of work but it's satisfying work that you'll learn and grow from and we're here to help you with if needed.
MSI USA ? Motherboard - 870-G45
AMD HDT45TWFGRBOX Phenom II X6 1045T Processor - Six Core, 6MB L3 Cache, 3MB L2 Cache, 2.70GHz, Socket AM3, 95W, Fan, Retail at TigerDirect.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/275743-upgrading-my-pc-need-suggestions.html
Relevancy 55.04%

ok i want to upgrade my computer to handle all the new games coming out (HL2, doom3, etc.). now i am a pretty big gamer on a low performance computer. i just want to know what would best enhance my gaming fps and quality

Here are my specs:
Emachine <--- model t2482
AMD Athlon XP 2400+ @ 2.0
AM37 M.B.
512 DDR ram pc2100
Radeon 9600 pro 128 mb

i have about a 300$ cap
i was bending towards a MB/processor upgrade but all the compatiblity and installation issues just gave me a headache
i think the best and easiest course would to upgrade my ram and vid card but i dont know if it would make a large impact(since they seem relativlyup to date). basically i want to know if it is my processor, vid card, ram , etc. that is slowing me down if not all of it

A:Upgrading suggestions

Just an idea...

I think that your processor is decent. Faster RAM always helps; see if your motherboard can handle PC3200. I would say a bare minimum of 512Mb of RAM. If you have money leftover, see how you can upgrade your video card (make sure its an AGP graphics card). Good luck! :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-suggestions.18214/
Relevancy 54.61%

Here are my netbook specifications:

AMD E-450 APU with Radeon HD Graphics ~1.6GHz
2GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics Display

I am playing a game which takes 400MB - 500MB of Memory and I run 2 to 3 mostly (Running 1 will give me 1MB to 50MB free Memory). It will empty my free memory and max out the CPU.

Which should i upgrade to achieve a considerably high performance gain? CPU or RAM? or anything else?

A:Need suggestions about upgrading netbook

Opinion: Get a new, better Netbook.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/307410-need-suggestions-about-upgrading-netbook.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello This is my first post Ok i have a powerspec g that is use as a work computer I run GIS and MatLab software Sometimes it takes - suggestions upgrading for my need desktop days to need suggestions for upgrading my desktop run a single code with big quot while quot in MatLab and i would obviously like this to take less time what i have- Processor Intel Core i - Processor OS Windows Ultimate Bit System Board Intel DX SO Memory Kingston HyperX GB Kit x GB Modules MHz Hard Drive TB RAID - x GB SATA HDDs RPM DVD R RW Drive x Dual Layer DVD need suggestions for upgrading my desktop R RW Drive Video Dual Radeon HD PCI Express cards in Crossfire Power Supply Watts I upgraded the ram about months age Also I recently bought a GB patriot inferno SSD to put my OS on It should be here in a week I notice that my total processor usage will be - and ram usage GB when running some codes Any suggestions to make this thing run faster Would getting a couple of velociraptors help thanks

A:need suggestions for upgrading my desktop

exodortch, Welcome to SF. First off you have quite a bit of stuff running off 500w PSU what make and model is that? I like you system and was wondering have you tried the ReadyBoost feature? As soon as you add your SSD it likely won't need it but till then do you have a RB usb or sd flash drive and try it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/130392-need-suggestions-upgrading-my-desktop.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello people, got myself a cheap computer, got 2GB memory running W7 (32 Bit) I intend to upgrade its RAM in time, but the graphics are my main issue, I'm using the on-board/ Integrated and as a result my system performance is struggling. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Note: I'm only looking for something to be capable of playing some Browser like games such as World of tanks etc. for now. I'l upgrade the whole unit at later date from general computer to a gaming spec.

A:Upgrading from onboard, suggestions

So you know 32 bit operating system can only take advantage of 4gb ram maximum.

now for light games, I'd say a hd 6670 or gt 640 would be a good choice in my opinion. anything higher and you would have to upgrade your psu as well but you are going to upgrade anyway in the future as You say.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-from-onboard-suggestions.188828/
Relevancy 54.61%

Well I got this brand new Acer Veriton g for free Considering I sold my old suggestions) Upgrading Acer (Need an gaming computer for an X and was running on a GHz replacement I was pretty excited I opened up the case and noticed that it has an AGP x slot along with two more memory slots to fill I took and put a spare fan in the empty fan port in the back of the case I also pulled a w power supply out of the closet probably spare from a cheap case purchase and put that in there to replace the w power supply I had dollars in BestBuy money on a gift card on my wallet so I went out and got two more Kingston and just installed them Now I want something sweet to put in the AGP slot This is why I am posting today I was thinking about getting the BFG GS but I wanted to get some more opinions first I know I am not going to get anything real great but Upgrading an Acer (Need suggestions) this thing should at least last me through college All I play is some strategy and MMO games anyway so this computer should last me a while nbsp

A:Upgrading an Acer (Need suggestions)

First you will need to replace the powersupply. a cheep 300w won't run a high end card like that. I recomend this powersupply http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104954
It is made by an exelent company (FSP) and will power a card like that and still leave headroom for future upgrades.

The geforce 7800 is a good card for agp systems but the Radeon X1950 pro is the best agp card currently avalible and rocomended if you can afford it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Submit=Property&Subcategory=48&Description=&Type=&srchInDesc=&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=&PropertyCodeValue=696%3A9640&PropertyCodeValue=696%3A9639&PropertyCodeValue=679%3A23298&PropertyCodeValue=679%3A24896&PropertyCodeValue=679%3A25339&PropertyCodeValue=679%3A23257
there are some X1950s

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-an-acer-need-suggestions.68861/
Relevancy 54.61%

Currently I have a ASUS A V X-X mobo with an Athlon chip on it but have been having some quirky problems My video card wouldn t work at all pro then I fixed the vid card problem but it still boots funny when its cold no display untill windows loads then requires a reboot in order to play games like it needs to be warmed up new mobo drivers got the card working but the section on ATI s website for the cold boot problem provides no solution I get strange shutdowns and restarts somtimes aswell some times it will just reboot while your doing something and other times when i click shutdown it will reboot for no reason while your doing somthing and I ve had to reformat winXP home twice because it will startup and say the OS on D has a messed up config when the OS is on C I have a felling this all be leading back to a strange compatiblity problem between the mobo and my attached hardware So I am gonna get the computer guy to switch out my ASUS board and for an intel based mobo and a ghz chip What should I get i and Upgrading Mobo, suggestions any my CPU would like a ghz intel chip and a very stable Mobo but don t really know what to look for when it comes to Upgrading my CPU and Mobo, any suggestions stablility I would love the bigger CPU it would really help with all the programs i run and would keep from having to upgrade for a while thanx nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi folks I was planning on upgrading to suggestions card, need Upgrading 3D a new d card very soon currently i have a geforce ultra card and with p processor gig ddr ram Upgrading 3D card, need suggestions soundblaster live value I was planning on only spending about to and i ll be going threw price watch I want the d card for gaming ofcourse so i d like a card that can play newer games very well and future games like doom and halflife I currently have my eyes set on a ATI XT card for dollars but i m not sure if thats Upgrading 3D card, need suggestions my best choice or not Anyone have suggestions on the perfect card for me it appears that the pro s and XT Upgrading 3D card, need suggestions s are out of my price range except for maybe the s And i haven t been looking at geforce lately so i m not sure if any from nvidia s are worth getting instead from what i read lately sounds like ATI is the best now please if you have any suggestions on what i should get i d greatly appreciate it i d like to order tonight or tomorrow thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-3d-card-need-suggestions.242832/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello!

I'm finally ready to upgrade my 8800GT, I was recommended to get the HD4870, I was looking into the GTX 260 but a lot of people told me I should get the 1GB version of the HD4870 specially since I'm upgrading to a 24" monitor.

I'm mostly looking for opinions and/or suggestions before making a purchase, I should mention my motherboard is Crossfire and not SLI, not that I'm doing two video cards soon but just want to bring that up.

Which card out there have the best performance without braking the bank, my budget is $180-200 for video card, and as for games, well, as long as it plays Crysis with decent FPS I'm ok.

Thanks for your help

A:Suggestions for upgrading my 8800GT

as long as it plays Crysis with decent FPS I'm ok.Click to expand...

Statements like that are really subjective...but I would first tell us your powersupply, then look into the SAPPHIRE 100259-1GL Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail
Don't expect stellar improvements over the 8800gt though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-upgrading-my-8800gt.124405/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello, i have a crappy, old, obselite computer, sucks when i maxed it out even. so, i decided, i need a new Motherboard, to upgrade Video Card and my CPU, that all i need upgraded...so..this is pretty much what im looking for:

PCI express
184 Pin physical memory slot
Common Intel-supported processor slot, or possibly with a processor.
Any suggestions on meeting that criteria?

Ive googled and found a few, but then the proccessor slot was vitually extinct.

A:Upgrading Motherboard....Suggestions?

What processor? No slot holds all Intel cpu's?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-motherboard-suggestions.666996/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

I'm upgrading my video card to PCI-e x16 with a new motherboard ( GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ), and was wondering what would be a good video card to upgrade to that would run games like WoW and LOTRO with decent framerate. my budget is about $120-140 on the video card.

My specs are:
GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35
Rosewill 450W PSU (which i may need to upgrade if the video card takes up a lot of power... please tell me if the card you suggest requires a PSU upgrade)
Pentium D 820 (which runs hot, so i either need a graphics card with good cooling or better than stock cooling )

Thanks!

I just found a deal on an eVGA Geforce 8600 GT w/ a 500W PSU for real cheap, is that a good video card... i can also get the combo deal with a 9400 GT as well as a 9500 GT

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-video-card-suggestions.760441/
Relevancy 53.75%

My stepdad built my current PC several years ago and It is really starting to bug me when I play current games I need to be able to play age of conan without constantly hitting single digit FPS numbers I m running a AMD cpu and a Upgrading suggestions and welcomed PC...advice nividia right now I know I have to replace my mobo cpu video Upgrading PC...advice and suggestions welcomed card mem I don t want top of the line stuff but just stuff up to par that will be able Upgrading PC...advice and suggestions welcomed to play most games pretty well Suggestions I prefer AMD and nvidia Budget around maybe a little more Also I have a watt antec PS would I need to get more wattage if I upgraded And would I need a new case My current case is this I m not sure about cooling with all this new stuff Stuff I m looking at I really have no idea here http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E amp cm re gtx - - - - - -Product And some brand of GB of DDR memory not sure nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello techspot! im back . anyways im looking into upgrading my 7300 into a gaming card. Im on a tight budget and only have around 100$.
I am thinking of the 8600's because there the most up to date video cards for 100$

Here they are, The first that caught my eye. ( dx 10 cards only please )

1. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127286

2. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150230

3. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130085

My pc specs.

amd x2 3600+ ( am2 socket )
2 gigs ddr2 800 mhz ocz ram
160 gb sata western digital hd
500 watt PSU (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817148027)

your help will be apreciated! most these card reviews say they run bf2 at high settings! ...
pci-e only!

btw- im not too good with video cards, please show me your recommendations with links please!

A:Upgrading My Video Card! Need Your Suggestions!

if u are sure that the 8600 is the what u want then the 3rd link u put up is in my opion the best.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-video-card-need-your-suggestions.84893/
Relevancy 53.75%

i haven t been keeping up with new hardware as i once did so i m hoping some of you might be able to make some suggestions for my fathers dads for computer upgrading suggestions please my computer he doesn t have a lot to spend so upgrades are preferable to a new rig he has a dell xps desktop has an ati radeon hd graphics card gigs of ram and runs vista on a quot monitor he likes playing games and the rig is showing it s age he d like to play borderlands and farcry but if he could run them i don t think they would run well i know more ram is needed - the specs on his computer state quot One PCIe x graphics slot with support for PCIe future graphics cards quot if the system will run a PCIe card why don t they say that or is it a firmware update to the PCIe port suggestions for upgrading my dads computer please or something else suggestions for upgrading my dads computer please - any suggestions on a graphics card in the - range that might let him keep this system going playing borderlands amp far cry for another few years until a new computer is in suggestions for upgrading my dads computer please the budget thanks i appreciate your time jtn nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys thanks in advance for you all your help Long and the short of it is I bought a new not state of the art gaming rig about months ago and have been very happy with it However with SW ToR and Elder Scrolls Skyrim right around the corner I feel it might be helpful to beef it up a little and am looking for suggestions as to how best to do this for my system need suggestions and ideas Upgrading the best price I can provide my system information either threw a speccy snapshot If needed CPU Arch CPU Upgrading my system need suggestions and ideas - Cores - Threads CPU PSN Upgrading my system need suggestions and ideas AMD Phenom II X T Processor CPU EXT MMX DNow SSE A x - AMD-V CPUID F A Extended A CPU Cache L x x KB - L x KB CPU Cache L KB Core Thuban nm Stepping PH-E Freq MHz MB Brand Asus MB Model CG NB AMD G rev SB AMD SB rev GPU Type AMD G GPU Type ASUS EAH Series DirectX Version RAM MB DDR Dual Channel RAM Speed MHz - - - Slot MB Slot Manufacturer ASint Technology Slot MB Slot Manufacturer ASint Technology Slot MB Slot Manufacturer ASint Technology Slot MB Slot Manufacturer ASint Technology cpuz CPU-Z Forum Banner BB Code below cpuz nbsp

A:Upgrading my system need suggestions and ideas

The only thing I see that you would want to do is upgrading your video card. What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-system-need-suggestions-and-ideas.170912/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello everyone I m upgrading my CPU and motherboard and by extension RAM since it s DDR and I want some input on whether or not I should spend some cash and go with a Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge system or a Phenom II or Bulldozer one Obviously the Phenom II system would work out cheaper and I like cheaper But I m wondering if that need a long suggestions some Upgrading please after time; very by not opting for the latest-and-greatest Intel chip would I be looking at an upgrade sooner rather than later down the road Any and all suggestions and or input are welcomed my location and current system specs are in my signature so please keep those in mind when suggesting anything I d prefer buying locally since most of the popular components are easily available via retail but I wouldn t mind ordering online if the price is right although with shipping rates the way they are I can t imagine that happening anytime soon nbsp

A:Upgrading after a very long time; need some suggestions please

Hi Rage.

Honestly speaking, I find that the choice of CPU, whether AMD or Intel, should not warrant that you look at an upgrade too soon. I have been using the Phenom II X3 720 for three years now and still it performs really well for most purposes.

Now benchmarks do reveal that the Intel (Ivy Bridge / Sandy Bridge) are far superior to their AMD (Bulldozer / Phenom II) counterparts. Consider the i5 3570k (the CPU you incidentally suggested for my new build). It costs around $229 which is 20% more as compared to AMD's flagship FX 8150. Although the AMD has 8 cores it is outperformed by the quad core Intel by around 40% (and above) in most benchmarks. In games, the 3570K stock outperforms an overclocked 8150 by approx. 30%.

The above, however, are just numbers. For most everyday tasks you should be fine with either CPU. If gaming at 1920x1080, your GPU will likely be the most limiting factor as neither CPU will cause any bottlenecks.

My opnion is that you finalise your budget. If you see that the Ivy Bridge can be comfortably accomodated go for it. Else I'm sure that the AMD will not disappoint.

One thing of note is that the Phenom IIs have generally benched better than the Bulldozers. That makes me sad as expectations from AMD were much higher.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-after-a-very-long-time-need-some-suggestions-please.184521/
Relevancy 53.32%

If you will look at my system specks you will see what my present system consist of My plans are to replace my mobo with a Z Add gb SSD Up my memory to gb's Upgrade my video card I probably will not go crossfire or SLI Add higher wattage PSU Also buy couple more HD's Here is where I need help I have never My Steps for new Suggestions Up (Upgrading) hardware Setting setup an SSD for quick sync I have never setup a RAID configuration I am presently researching exactly what Brand and Models of Hardware I want Before anyone asks Suggestions for Steps Setting Up My new hardware (Upgrading) I will explain why I am doing this I am a student in computer science about one more semester away from associates degree My needs with this system is to learn more by doing I want to experiment with overclocking both ram and cpu This is what I simply want to buy and do I don't want to have many questions unanswered while I am rebuilding my system to minimize issues with the setup process If you have suggestions or know of some links that will explain step by step what to do first to last I would appreciate it

A:Suggestions for Steps Setting Up My new hardware (Upgrading)

As most new MOBO's now have a uEFI BIOS.
How to install Windows 64 bit on a uEFI BIOS:
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with

For more info on uEFI:
Windows and GPT FAQ
Unified Extensible Firmware Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
UEFI and Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/211028-suggestions-steps-setting-up-my-new-hardware-upgrading.html
Relevancy 53.32%

So I got a slingbox for Christmas and I need more ports.

I currently have 5 windows xp computers, a printer, Apple time capsule w/wi-fi AP, and a vonage box connected to a Netgear 8-port FVS318 connected to another Vonage box which is in turn connetced to my dsl modem.

So I'm looking to move to a 16 port router with some type of QoS support so that I can prioritize the traffic from the vonage boxes so they don't cut out when I'm on the phone & transferring files or using my sling box.

I have been browsing around and I found Netgears FS116E but I'm not quite sure if this would be a good fit or quite how it would best fit into my network since it is a switch.

I have also been told I should look at something with gigabit capacity.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA,
Jason

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-home-office-network-need-suggestions.971239/
Relevancy 53.32%

So I got a slingbox for Christmas and I need more ports.

I currently have 5 computers, a printer, Apple time capsule w/wi-fi AP, and a vonage box connected to a Netgear 8-port FVS318 connected to another Vonage box which is in turn connetced to my dsl modem.

So I'm looking to move to a 16 port router with some type of QoS support that I can prioritize the traffic from the vonage boxes so they don't cut out when I'm on the phone & transferring files or using my sling box.

I have been browsing around and I found Netgears FS116E but I'm not quite sure if this would be a good fit or quite how it would best fit into my network since it is a switch.

I have also been told I should look at a gigabit router.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA,
Jason

A:Upgrading home office network - need suggestions

Do you really need a 16 port router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-home-office-network-need-suggestions.158837/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am looking for small network? Any business upgrading suggestions a for hardware suggestions to upgrade our network at work Is there Any suggestions for upgrading a small business network? a business grade router that will give us reliable wired and wireless connections for up to about users Any suggestions for upgrading a small business network? and visitors while still keeping guest WiFi users and a security DVR isolated from devices Any suggestions for upgrading a small business network? on the internal wired and wireless LANs If not any suggestions for combining two or three pieces of hardware to get what we need Right now we have A cable modem configured in bridge mode and using a static public IP address A Base-T LAN port on the modem connects to the WAN port of Router A D-link SOHO wireless router One Base-T LAN port on Router connects to the Base-T LAN port of a security DVR inside the building The DVR has a static IP address and Router has port forwarding configured to allow Internet access to the DVR A second Base-T LAN port on Router connects to the Base-T WAN port of Router Also a D-link SOHO wireless router Router has a static private IP address on its WAN port and Router has that address set for DMZ One Base-T LAN port on Router connects to a Base-T LAN port on a port unmanaged switch All office desktop computers networked printers and our server connect to this port switch The LAN ports on the two routers are on different non-overlapping ranges of private IP addresses The wireless access point in Router uses WPA encryption with a short passphrase This is used for Internet access for visitors and by employees to use with their personal laptops notebooks e-book readers and smart phones The wireless access point in Router uses WPA encryption with a long complex passphrase This is used by those in the office that are using a company approved laptop or notebook and need to access to the printers and the server There are desktop computers three printers and one server connected to the LAN port of Router At any given time two or three wireless devices may be connected to Router At any given time there may be four to ten wireless connections to Router This has worked fairly well for a few years Now we are getting into a situation where Router will occasionally stop passing all wired and wireless traffic and there is no access to its web based admin pages The only way to resolve the situation is to power cycle Router This has started to happen several times a week sometimes a few times in one day On rare occasions Router will do the same thing We like the idea of the double router configuration because it allows access to the DVR from both the internal LAN and from the Internet while still isolating the visitor WiFi and DVR from the in house LAN We have concerns about the DVR getting hacked http www forbes com sites andygre amera-systems-vulnerable-to-hacker-hijacking and wish to make it extremely difficult nothing is impossible for someone to use a hacked DVR to launch an attack on the server and in house computers nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Well, like most people I am broke and on a budget. From my PC profile you can tell that this upgrade is overdue.

As mentioned in the subject I am upgrading from a 1.7 Celeron to a P4 3.0E(i believe) w/ HTT. I have looked at newegg for a 478 socket mobo and I have come to some variations of a Asus P4S800 line. Are these boards worth anything? I am looking for a mobo in the "sweet spot".

Any feedback will be appriciated.

Mike

A:Upgrading from a 1.7 Celeron(laughs) to a P4 3.0, open to suggestions on a mobo

Those are very good boards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-from-a-1-7-celeron-laughs-to-a-p4-3-0-open-to-suggestions-on-a-mobo.18781/
Relevancy 52.89%

My current specs CPU P c MOBO ASUS P P Deluxe RAM OCZ MB x Dual Channel Kit OCZ ELDC-K rated - - - slots and PC DDR HDD MAXTOR S-ATA GB w MB Cache HDD MAXTOR S-ATA GB w MB Cache I was thinking of adding the OCZ MB x Dual Channel Kit OCZ ELDC-K rated - - - slots and PC DDR Some told me it would be ok to do so since all modules are same performance type While others including OCZ themselves recommended not to mainly due to some stability my RAM P4P800 suggestions/advice on Deluxe... Need ASUS upgrading issues resulting from Need suggestions/advice upgrading RAM on my ASUS P4P800 Deluxe... having more than high performance modules installed I may end up trying all four slots as stated above and see how it goes if there is problems would probably just take out the Need suggestions/advice upgrading RAM on my ASUS P4P800 Deluxe... original kit and try to sell it leaving me with just the kit Would like some input from the experts here and hopefully learn what my best options are in terms of improving performance Cheers p s No plans for overclocking as of yet stock cooling all around nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-suggestions-advice-upgrading-ram-on-my-asus-p4p800-deluxe.18364/
Relevancy 36.12%

I've managed to upgrade some of my home PC's from Win or Win to Wn without any significant problems but I am having major difficulty upgrading one of my PC's It is running Win Home -bit and when I originally ran the Windows upgrade advisor it indicated that I could not upgrade as my NVidia GEForce graphics card was incompatible with Windows I tried various workarounds using suggestions on this and other sites to upgrade with the GEForce card but none were successful So I purchased and to 10 upgrading card graphics Win after Upgrading - incompatible installed a new graphics card - an AMD Radeon R which should be Win compatible Upgrading to Win 10 - after upgrading incompatible graphics card I then re-ran the Win upgrade advisor - it still said that I couldn't upgrade as the quot GeForce card quot was incompatible - even though it was no longer installed I checked the Upgrading to Win 10 - after upgrading incompatible graphics card Device Manager and the graphics card was clearly showing as being the AMD card I then explicitly uninstalled any NVidia drivers software using the Control Panel Program uninstall - still unable to upgrade to Win I also ran the Wagnard tools quot Display driver uninstaller quot and removed any NVidia software drivers - still unable to upgrade I am using the latest drivers from the AMD website I also tried to upgrade using the Media Creation tool and a Win image from DVD previously this also failed to work and gave the incompatible graphics card error this seemed to work up to a point but after a reboot it wanted me to select a keyboard layout but neither my usb keyboard nor mouse would function and the installation froze On rebooting the OS reverted to Win and the keyboard mouse worked ok I want to upgarde to Win rather than do a fresh install but am now unsure what to do - I keep getting the quot Incompatible GEForce graphics card quot message anytime I run the Win advisor tool even after downloading it again from the MS website Any suggestions as to how I can resolve this issue and finally upgrade

A:Upgrading to Win 10 - after upgrading incompatible graphics card

Windows 10 no longer supports NVIDIA 6-Series Graphics Cards anymore as of Windows 8

Hint : Install drivers manually through device manager (it may or may not work)

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/40228-upgrading-win-10-after-upgrading-incompatible-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello I am currently wanting to begin the process of upgrading various parts of my computer in the upcoming months The first item I would like to do upgrade is the RAM I am currently using BG x and would like to Time Solved: Upgrading Hardware - Upgrading First double that I was thinking of going with the Corsair Vengeance x Eventually I would like Solved: Upgrading Hardware - First Time Upgrading to have a pretty sick gaming computer As of right now it can handle a lot but can struggle from time to time if I crank up the graphic settings I guess the reason I am posting this is to ask a few questions Would upgrading RAM be a good starting point if wanting to upgrade other hardware as well I was thinking of also swapping out the video card cpu and adding some fans when I get money that is I must sound like a complete novice right now lol but I am ready to finally go through with this because my computer is starting to feel like it is getting behind the times in terms of speed and performance haha Anyway any insight into this topic and or first time upgrading specifically with the RAM would be grrreat Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 34.4%

Hi,

I bought Windows 7 having come from Vista. However, there is a BIOS update for my system. The new BIOS update states: The BIOS updates the fan control algorithm of the system, and turns the fan on at low volume while your notebook PC is operational. If you are currently experiencing any symptoms on your notebook PC, please contact HP for support. It is located here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...340180&lang=en

I'd love to flash it but not sure if it will ruin my computer as it's more than likely not designed for flash when Windows 7 is on it or do you's know any better?

I also have 2 blue vertical lines going do the right hand side of the screen. I've seen loads of problems but no solutions. Has any fixed this HP problem?

Cheers folks!

A:Upgrading BIOS after Upgrading from Vista to 7

The BIOS is the stuff that happens BEFORE Windows starts to load.
Do you have issues with overheating or with the fan? If so, the BIOS update is for you.
Also, BIOS flashes are dangerous - and you can turn your computer into a paperweight by doing it incorrectly. In short, if it ain't broke - don't fix it!

The type of lines that you describe on your screen are usually caused by hardware issues. Send it in for repair if the system is under warranty. If not, then get an estimate from a local computer store - it may be cheaper to live with it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/upgrading-bios-after-upgrading-from-vista-to-7-a-451070.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey everyone If anyone remembers my HD problem I had a my uncle s friend who s a techy look at it and find the problem Apparently he found out the HD is not getting enough power and the power supply was faulty The PSU came with the case which was an Aspire Turbo case It was watts and Pentium approved I can RMA but I would have to return :) please Suggestions the entire case and it may be possible that I get the same problem again Maybe watts was not enough for my system The entire process would also take another dreadful week but it would be free except maybe shipping The other choice I can make is buying a complete new PSU However I m not sure what company to Suggestions please :) buy from or how many watts I need I m considering getting at least These can get pricey though I m kind of leaning towards buying a new one but I m still not sure If anyone could direct me to a company that sells quality PSUs I d appreciate it Also wondering if anyone has a site that shows how many watts my system will be using Thanks nbsp

A:Suggestions please :)

I'd start by picking a good brand, here's Tom's Hardware Power Supply Tests that will give you some good guidance on picking one.

When you pick a good model, go to Pricewatch and do a search on a couple of the models, you should be able to come up with a good price.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suggestions-please.257720/
Relevancy 30.1%

Okay I'm in deep poop,
I might as well replace my HDD while I'm reloading windows
Anyone know what will fit in my machine ?
I was looking at Samsung's at newegg but unsure which would apply to my system ;/
250 gig or 200 gig
Stat's are in system spec's
Cheers.

A:SSD Suggestions

I'd probably go with the Crucial MX 100 if buying today.

Samsung Evo series would be second choice. They seem to be having some issues lately that is supposed to be fixed by new firmware soon. Something to do with performance on older files not being up to snuff.

If you have an ordinary desktop, I'd think any standard 2.5 inch SSD would fit. You may have to buy a mounting bracket if your case doesn't have mounting holes for 2.5 inch drives. Or you could use velcro or duct tape.

Intel is always a solid choice for reliability and good tools, but if you are a slave to benchmarks, you might not be amused by Intel's scores---despite the fact that the lower scores would not be detectable in ordinary use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/349009-ssd-suggestions.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey all,

I am working on a Dell Dimension 4400. P4, 256MB, 40GB. Takes forever (10 min) to boot completely into XP Pro. I have run Spyware and virus scaners as well as Hijackthis... absolutely clean as a whistle. I have swapped out the memory, moved the system to a new hard drive, even done a repair install, absolutely no change at all. On startup, it only loads sound, Norton AV, Retrospect Backup software and an HP toolbox (for a laser printer). NOTHING else loads. Runs well in safe mode. I have tried disabling all startup programs and only get minor improvement. I know 256MB RAM is low, but it should run much better than it does.

Before I go into shopping for a new motherboard, thought I would check to see if I missed anything.. Any ideas?

Thanks
Randy

Relevancy 30.1%

hello there i am going to be building a computer. This is what i am thinking about getting. REcomendations? This comp will only be lasting for 2 yrs, then i go to college and get a new one.

AMD Althon XP 2700+
Ati Radeon 9800Pro
1g of Kingston memory
Raid max case w/ 420w ps
Chaintech "7njl6" nforce2 ultra 400 chipset
WD 80 gig hdd

Thanx, the next one will be the 64 bit, i am on a budget, video card is a gift.

Relevancy 30.1%

So I thought a update wiped my documents and my pictures from my computer. In my last post I asked if I could do anything about trying to fix what the update did. Well, I uninstalled the update thanks to the admin on this forum . I was hoping it would fix the problem, but it's still having issues when I restart or shut it down. It will still not save my desktop, or not save anything. I tried saving a test document to my documents gone, once again. It's like a whole new computer when I restart or shut down. Firefox theme is different too. That and my history, bookmarks, and etc is gone. So my question is. Is there anything I can do to fix this? It's really becoming a pain in the butt, that I can't save my documents to my computer, or my pictures to my pictures. Please help

A:Any suggestions?

You might try a system restore to a point before you got the problem.

System Restore - How to

Hope it helps

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/224440-any-suggestions.html
Relevancy 30.1%

hello i need suggestions for really good security software please i need to know

A:need suggestions

Choosing a security toolkit with anti-virus, firewall and anti-malware programs is a matter of personal preference, your needs, your technical ability and experience, features offered, user friendliness, ease of updating (and upgrading to new program release), ease of installation/removal, available technical support from the vendor and price. Other factors to consider include detection rates and methods, scanning engine effectiveness, how often virus definitions are updated, the amount of resources the program utilizes, how it may affect system performance and what will work best for your system. A particular anti-virus that works well for one person may not work as well for another. You may need to experiment and find the one most suitable for your use and your system. There is no universal "one size fits all" solution that works for everyone and there is no best anti-virus. For more specific information to consider, please read Choosing Your Anti-virus Software.No single product is 100% foolproof and can prevent, detect and remove all threats at any given time. The security community is in a constant state of change as new infections appear. Each vendor has its own definition of what constitutes malware and scanning your computer using different criteria will yield different results. The fact that each program has its own definition files means that some malware may be picked up by one that could be missed by another. Thus, a multi-layered defense using several anti-spyware products (including an effective firewall) to supplement your anti-virus combined with common sense, safe computing and safe surfing habits provides the most complete protection.Important Tip: Always remember that security begins with personal responsibility.Use trustworthy security tools like:Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareSUPERAntiSpywareI recommend taking advantage of the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Pro) Protection Module in the full version which uses advanced heuristic scanning technology to monitor your system and provide real-time protection to prevent the installation of most new malware. This technology runs at startup where it monitors every process and helps stop malicious processes before they can infect your computer. The database that defines the heuristics is updated as often as there is something to add to it. Keep in mind that Malwarebytes does not act as a real-time protection scanner for every file like an anti-virus program so it is intended to be a supplement, not a substitute. Enabling the Protection Module feature requires registration and purchase of a license key that includes free lifetime upgrades and support. After activation, Malwarebytes can be set to update itself and schedule scans automatically on a daily basis. The Protection Module is not intrusive as the program utilizes few system resources and should not conflict with other scanners or anti-virus programs. If any conflicts between Malwarebytes' and another security program are reported, suggested solutions are usually provided in the Common Issues, Questions, and their Solutions, FAQs thread. I know and have worked with some members of the research team so I can attest that they make every effort to resolve issues as quickly as possible.List of Virus & Malware Resources:Bleeping Computer's Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial AppsBleeping Computer's List of Virus & Malware ResourcesMy personal choice is NOD32 Anti-Virus if choosing a paid for program as it leaves a small foortprint or one of the following if choosing a free alternative.avast! Free Antivirus Microsoft Security EssentialsAvira AntiVir Personal - Free AntivirusYou can supplement your security tools and get a second opinion by performing an an Online Virus Scan.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/382414/need-suggestions/
Relevancy 30.1%

Well my graphics card use to work fine..but now Im pretty confident that it is over heating. I can start to play a game and then sometimes it will either just restart the whole computer on me or it will just freeze up and stay at the screen. I cleaned out tower the other day so there isnt any dust clogging any areas. But how would I go and fix the card from over heating?

A:Any Suggestions?

get a fan to blow over it :bounce:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-suggestions.21311/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi I'm new here and joined up as I am about to chop in my old xp Laptop for a new 'un with Vista I would not consider myself an os IT expert by any means but I have some experience with hardware and os's I quot upgraded quot pc's that I built up myself from DOS to Windows releated to my question here in the early nineties and even installed and configured Novell Netware x around the same time for a company I worked for I have been a CAD user from the early eighties and am now a CAD manager so I have an awareness of IT issues relating to filesharing and project collaboration I am well convinced that my CAD 64-bit suggestions applications 64-bit suggestions Revit Bentley Autodesk etc will utilise x architecture and the use of more memory and storage is welcome too I also manipulate laser survey quot point cloud quot files which currently range up to GB for a single file why I chose a laptop with TB storage I also need to be mobile managing a number of offices CAD systems and presenting CAD technology Here is my question I am about to but an Asus M VN- T G laptop and the Asustek reseller will only preinstall it with Vista Ultimate bit what is the best route to make the os x Help please Peter

A:64-bit suggestions

Judging from the response I see I would be on my own choosing a Microsoft OS when it comes to support. Its enough "encouragement" to wipe Vista off my new laptop and go for one of the more superior OSs out there.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/208603-64-bit-suggestions.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I cannot still get access to the Main PC with the printer attached so I can print. The VISTA Laptop (Main-PC) can see the School laptop, but when I click it it says that it cant find the name but yet its there in the list. It lists the network as unspecified when others are listed as linksys.

The school laptop is set up as a workgroup called HOME along with the others....it see it and the other computer but when I click it says I do not have permission to access the Main-PC.

I know its been a while on this thread...but HELP? My son needs to be set up for school.
Shelly

A:I have tried all your suggestions....

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-have-tried-all-your-suggestions.619761/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello all,

I returned from Disneyland to find my McAfee subscription has expired, which I knew was coming, I just thought I had a little more time.

This came with the machine, I didn't have a choice in not getting it.

I'm looking for suggestions on the best FREE Anti-virus, Firewall, Spyware and anything else you can think of to help protect my machine. I've tried searching, but the number of hits I received is just too numerous to wade through. I've used Avast, and Zone Alarm, and have no issues with using them again, I'm just wondering if anything else has come out in the two years I've been using McAfee.

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jim

A:Looking for suggestions...

AVG, this is a pretty good software, and it is totally free. Ad-ware is also a good choice.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/322260/looking-for-suggestions/
Relevancy 30.1%

I am very new to digital photography and I am trying to get decent photos of the night sky but I have noticed that along with noisy photos it seems that I have hot what do Any to suggestions pixels everywhere at least I think so now I know my camera is a beginner Any suggestions what to do camera but I dont think it should be this bad I bought the camera at the beginning of July used its is a Nikon D with less than actuation s anyway here is a lens cap photo converted from raw nef to jpg Any ideas or suggestions as to what is going on or how to fix I should add I downloaded pixelfixer but it didnt seem to think there where any hot pixels or i did something wrong Here is the original exif data and the link to the photo which was converted to jpg Thanks for any help http img photobucket com albums v blueridge untouched jpg exif make Nikon exif model D exif artist exif date time exif date time original exif date time digitized exif exposure time sec exif ISO speed ISO- exif f number f exif focal length exif color space sRGB nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-suggestions-what-to-do.1131033/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello all i have a question in regards to purschasing some more RAM for my computer.

I currently have a P4, 2.8ghz, with 512mb of RAM...

My computer runs okay for everyday duties but i fiugure its time to update. When it comes to gaming will more RAM help increase the speed in which it takes to load a game or is this my processing speed that needs to be updated?
Anyway back to the RAM question where should i buy it from if i was to do so online and how much shold i be paying. I want about 2 gig, i figure that should be enough or should i go more, i'm open to opinons....

Any help would be great, cheers....

Relevancy 30.1%

I am looking for Space games that I can download for free, or demo's. I am setting up a computer for a grandson and would like to put a couple of games on it. I have done a little looking, but all I can find are either 2 dimensional (only allows left, right movement) I had a good one on my machine but lost it when the HDD crashed. Now I can not find it or any other like program. If anyone has some suggestions please pass them on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-suggestions.918089/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey everyone...Im using kodak easyshare to upload my pictures and everything...and i really dont like the program that much, and to me its confusing...is there any good program i can download to manage and upload my pics with?

Relevancy 30.1%

Well im in the market to buy a new CPU now. I have finally found the max overclock of my Pentium 4 650HT at a nice OC of 3.95Ghz (stock 3.4).

Im looking for a multicore CPU dual or quad.

I want to stay clear of the pentium D's because i have heard nothing but they are too hot.

Im thinking core 2 duo or core 2 quad.

I have a motherboard that supports 45nm technology, and a 1333FSB

My motherboard is a MSI P6N-Platinum

I want a chip that can overclock well. And i have a liquid cooling system so no worries there.

My price range is anywhere from $90-$270

I want to know you guys' opinions.

Relevancy 30.1%

Hi guys,

I am planning to buy a DVD burner with CD burning possibility and wondering which brand is good and at the same time not that expensive something for not more than 150 canadian dollars. I won't mind an OEM. If someone who is already using can enlight me on this would be great. I checked LG and LITE-ON seems cheap (for 105 canadian dollars) but wonder whether they will cause errors.

Thanks,

Ehdison

Relevancy 30.1%

I have a fast computer, fast connection (Extreme Speed), no virus or anything, powerful and blah blah blah PC. I only lack at 2 things....

RAM and VideoCard.

I have 256 RAM and a cheap video card (Rated like 2 on 6 probably like 30$ wise XD).

If I play a game and it goes all well but sometime when there is too much people on screen it lags me out/freeze, is it RAM or Video Card?

It can be RAM because when i'm in the game i'm almost at RAM limit. It could be Video Card because when I change from poor Graphic to Best Graphic, it lags me also. But that could also due because it takes more RAM. When music is open, the game lags even more. Anyway the point is...

I only can buy one of the 2.
1 GIG Ram or a Video Card.

Discuss what you think I should get to get better gaming experience.

Relevancy 30.1%

Want to recommend some VPN solutions to some of the clients I have picked up. I figure I could give them a price break if I can fix their problems remotely vs having to go to their office to fix the issue. Most of my clients are very small. They dont' have more than 8 employees.

Has anyone here used any of the VPN broadband routers out there that D-link and Linksys make. I thouhgt this might be a fairly cheap solution to the problem.

I was also looking at the Open VPN server. One of my friends used this as a site to site vpn but not really for remote access solution. Has anyone used it as a remote acess solution.

One of my clients uses Netware so I am hoping there isn't any compatability issues with tunneling the netware client over the vpn.

Relevancy 30.1%

Hey I posted a thread a while back about my comp not working thinking it was the case that was faulty Well I have since then gotten want Just suggestions... some a new mboard ASUS A N X-X a new processor AMD Athlon XP a Just want some suggestions... new computer case and a new power supply When I have my old power supply hooked up I ll turn the on off switch to ON and the CPU fan will spin for a second then stop Also the mboard light will go on for a second then turn off Now when I tried hooking up Just want some suggestions... the new power supply it doesn t have an on off switch but I plugged it in and nothing Absolutely nothing I just don t understand these types of problems suck hard Anybody have any suggestions whatsoever I just can t get my computer to work The only thing new I don t have is a vid card and an HD But they should be working fine nbsp

A:Just want some suggestions...

Sounds like a toasty motherboard. Did you build the machine? Is this your first time building one? Did the computer fail on first powerup?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-want-some-suggestions.68452/
Relevancy 30.1%

I'm looking for some good games to play on my computer although i know i cant play the best games on my setup because of my graphics limitations.. here's my setup:
pentium 4 511 2.8 GHz
ASUS P5P800-MX motherboard with Intel Extreme Graphics 2 *i kno they suck im gonna try to get a better graphics card in the future)
1 GB of RAM
250 GB Western Digital Caviar SATA HDD with about 220 GB free

Any suggestions on great games that would run good on my system?
I tend to like strategy games such as civilizaiton and stronghold but i'm open to all suggestions

Relevancy 30.1%

I hate to be that guy thats always annoying and ask the same question over and over again but I just need an opinion.

For all those gamers out there, which new graphics card would you go with that has the best image and frame rate quality?

I was leaning towards the 8800 GTX and then maybe SLI it up

Or the 3870 X2?

9800 GTX?

I have a limit of $400.00 at the moment soo I was just wondering about the opinions.

Cheers!

A:Suggestions?

Either of the cards will work beautifully

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions.102536/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have a plantronics supra plus HW261W headset that I need to work with. It is connected to a HP TouchSmart 610 all in one. When the headset is connected it wont connect to my workbooth it gives me a error message of "There is no compatible sound devices installed on this computer". When I researced the problem I have tow choices:
1. Use a USB headset recognized bythe IP communicator -or-
2. Upgrde to the latest version of the IP communicator

The only choice that I have in the matter is to upgrade to another version in hopes of it matching my headset. I dont know what else to do and dont know how to upgrade to another ip communicator. Can someone please help with suggestions. Tech support from the job is saying to get another computer. I just purchased this one 7 months ago.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/suggestions-please-672548.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Looking for a new FPS. Whats new and good? Played FEAR as the most recent FPS i've played. So any suggestions on what i should think about getting? Thanks in advance.

A:Suggestions!

I'm just starting into F.E.A.R. myself and it's an unbelievable looking and feeling game. If your computer handled that one Ok and you don't mind "yet another" second world war game Call Of Duty 2 is another FPS that looks and feels great. The graphics and scenerios are a step above any other WW2 FPS that I've played.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suggestions.440098/
Relevancy 30.1%

This machine is running fine I m just wondering if you guys see anything Any suggestions??? quot Any suggestions??? out of Any suggestions??? the ordinary quot in this log file Any suggestions??? Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKOSD ATKOSD exe C Users Entercomp AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x AVG Secure Search vprot exe C ProgramData Anti-phishing Domain Advisor visicom antiphishing exe C Program Files x Citrix GoToAssist Express Expert g ax start exe C Program Files x Citrix GoToAssist Express Expert g ax comm expert exe C Program Files x Citrix GoToAssist Express Expert g ax user expert exe C Users Entercomp Downloads mssstool exe c b f d e d fcfd x mssswizard exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA AAM Updates Notifier exe C Users Entercomp AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Entercomp AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Entercomp AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Entercomp AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Entercomp AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Users Entercomp AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Entercomp AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office EXCEL EXE C Users Entercomp AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Entercomp AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http blekko com ws source c d A CBE BBB FC A amp tbp homepage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO no name - AutorunsDisabled - no file O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO no name - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - no file O - BHO blekko search bar - adce-dba - e -afb - b cdf e - C Program Files x blekkotb blekkotb X dll O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Searchqu Toolbar - a - f- bd -be - acaa a - C PROGRA WIA EB Datamngr ToolBar searchqudtx dll O - BHO DataMngr - D F - - f - - F DB - C PROGRA WIA EB Datamngr BROWSE DLL O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E F... Read more

A:Any suggestions???

Only Trusted Advisors or Malware Removal Experts are allowed to analyze HijackThis logs.

If anyone without these designations offers advice based on the HijackThis log, do not follow them, and report their post.

----------------------------------------------------------

If you don't have a problem with your computer, using a program like HjT isn't exactly appropriate.

Let's see this:

Click Start.

In the search bar, type MSCONFIG and hit Enter. Click the "Startup" tab.

Write down only the names in the "Startup Item" column that have a checkmark next to them.

If the "Startup Item" column isn't wide enough to see the entire name of any of them, widen the column.

Submit those names here in a vertical list.

Make sure to spell them EXACTLY as you see them there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-suggestions.1055315/
Relevancy 30.1%

I need to find a way to export data from Outlook into SPSS via Excel or Access. Each e-mail message has 24 data points. When I export the Outlook folder into excel, it puts all the data into one cell, rather than 24 seperate cells. Are there any relatively simple solutions to this problem?

A:MS App Suggestions

bare with me why I try and understand what you are saying...

You get an Email with 24 parts of data? You want to export that Email into Excel/access?

If that is the case there are a few suggestions, the best being if you have control on how the data is Emailed, you might be able to just email it as a Excel formort. Outlook can load Excel spreedsheets inside outlook. (if I remember correctly, never had to do that, but rather sure it does).

If that is not the case, you can try exporting with Comma delimited, and have it use Paragrahs as the factor for where the comma's go. This would mean the Data in the Email would have to be in a format of: Each paragraph being one set of data.

Think that made since... Good luck
------------------
~Jason

Infinity Networking and PC's
[email protected]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-app-suggestions.36122/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey guys,
I've had my current system for about a year now and my current hardware has no problems or anything but I have a little bit of a larger budget now and am looking to upgrade my CPU/GPU. I'm not sure if I should do both or just my GPU but that defiantly needs an upgrade. I play Skyrim a lot with ENBs' and get 20-30 fps when playing with those special effects.
That just wont cut it for me, so I need some suggestions for the best deals on some hardware. and price cap would be somewhere about 300 bucks but if its a good enough deal, i may consider it. and i gotta have at least 2GB of memory.
Thanks

Relevancy 30.1%

hey guys, I'm looking to put some new ram into my PC. My Mbo is a few yrs old its a ECS KM400-M2 and it runs 184-pin DDR DIMM and Supports 266/333MHz DDR with a max of 2gb. Before I buy, I'm looking for anyones suggestions and reccomendations on what to buy. thx

A:RAM suggestions

please read the installing ram and troubleshooting guide in the guides forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-suggestions.70735/
Relevancy 30.1%

Oh goodness I'm really starting to puss out from using RAID suggestions... I needs because I realized after formatting I simply cannot risk losing TERABYTES of data with very low chances of recovery I hit up newegg today and looked for some SATA III solid state drives and there are some that have about over a dollar-per-gigabyte price ratio Oy So now I'm thinking I could budget out some more dollars for a SSD since the hard drives I'm planning to get are now at ish dollars But I do need and want I needs suggestions... that uber amount of storage while hybriding a SSD The thing is though that I don't want to be changing file directories to different I needs suggestions... drives every time the hard drives run low on space I'm wondering if the two hard drives can be combined in Windows into one recognized drive so the SSD is the C drive and the uber storage is the D drive or U for Uber storage I've heard that in Xp two hard drives can be converted into dynamic disks and then they can be combine And if some USB flash drives are in use they can be converted as well OR can all of the drives be converted into dynamic drives and made into the C drive Or am I pushing my luck Is this a good plan Thanksgiving

A:I needs suggestions...

Yes, it is considered as a safe method nowadays to create a RAID 0 array.

edit: please download your motherboard's raid utility called: AMD RAIDXpert V3.2.1540.10 for Windows
http://uk.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_...M_LE/#download

I suggest you to follow this tutorial!!!
http://www.qtools.com/dev/howtos/rai...atetoraid1.htm
When you are asked, answer with RAID0 not RAID1!

(second solution https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch_RDNSX5V8)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/180467-i-needs-suggestions.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I'm planning on upgrading my computer. I already know everything I'm getting, but I'm not sure what wattage would be a nice sweet spot with enough to upgrade.

I'm planning on switching out my fans for non-led, getting a fan controller, and the NZXT RGB Hue. I was also going to get a new graphics card and possibly SLI (which I haven't decided on just yet).

At the moment I have a 630W. I may even get an i7 a little down the road.

Just curious if I should go with around 800-850 or if lower would work as well.

Price is kind of big for me since I can't afford a super expensive power supply.

A:PSU suggestions

I would stick with what you have and save till you can pop for a premium properly sized modular or semi modular PSU. Brands I like are Corsair, Seasonic, Thermaltake, Antec, Coolermaster. I would highly consider a 800-1000 watt depending on affordability and just remember the system draws only what it needs but it's the reserve of clean power that keeps the rig alive and even running cooler and quiet. If you see yourself using top flight components, SLI'g or Crossfiring or Overclocking then the extra capacity is well worth the added cost and remember that each year the PSU will lose roughly 2-5% output and this I think is where people can spec their PSU to close to actual need and have issues later. Also get a high efficiency unit in a Silver, Gold or Platinum rating.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/308982-psu-suggestions.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello, I am a freshman in high school who has been working on programming for about three years. Since then, I have learned Java, Javascript, HTML and am working currently on XML. I am interested in learning more programing languages like java, but my computer is very old and didnt have enough RAM to support JSP from what we can tell. Could you please point me to a language which I can start to look torwards, or a good book on advanced Java which I could benifit from. At this time, I have Teach Yourself Java 2 in 21 Days by Lemay & Cadenhead and Java Examples in a Nutshell by Flanagan.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suggestions.222426/
Relevancy 30.1%

Im not sure is this the right section, if it isnt, please global moderator, move it.
Can anyone give me suggestions about this pc please?
Altos Suprimo Predator (MV2EWP-1)
Motherboard:
LGA1155 iZ68 MSI Z68A-G43 (G3), PCIe/DDR3/SATA3/GLAN/7.1

CPU:
Intel? Core™ i3-2100/3MB BOX 32nm (3.10GHz)

RAM:
DIMM DDR3 2x4GB 1600MHz Exceleram Black Sark CL9, EBW301A

Hard-drives:
SSD SATA2 64GB Patriot TorqX TRB, PT64GS25SSDR 260/115MBs
HDD SATA3 7200 500GB WD Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX, 16MB

GPU:
AMD Radeon 6790 Powercolor 1GB/DDR5,/2xDVI/HDMI/DP/256bit

Optical Device:
DVD Multi Writer 22XDVD/12xDVD-RAM/2MB

PC Housing:
Xigmatek Asgard II

Power:
500W Chieftec bulk, GPA-500S8 bulk iArena series

I wana use Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on it, software like Cinema 4d, GTA 4, BF 3 and etc

What do u think?
Also, it costs 600€ and I need 22" Display too, so does it pay off?

Thanks,
under~

A:Suggestions about new pc

I can't give much info in terms of cost, but the computer you have chosen will perform very well, and give you some upgrading headroom down the road. I have an i3-2100 in my server right now, and it runs very well for the cost.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/215486-suggestions-about-new-pc.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Greetings!

What freeware software can you suggest that has the ability to record the bandwidth or sent/received packets per IP Addresses on a Local Network.

A:Suggestions!

Hi

Here's a good handy program for monitoring network bandwidth and usage: MISPBO Network Monitor.

For getting into more details, your firewall should show you the amount of data packets exchanged with an certain TCP/UDP address. Which firewall do you use?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/suggestions-167148.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Windows xp pro service pack 3 myself and what appears to be several others would like to know why it is directx 9c will not sliptream using nlite. Or manually if any of us are doing it correctly and I'd say by the failure rate we must all be in line.

A:Does anyone have any suggestions?????

cannot find any reports on the nlite forum confirming what you state that there is a problem with directx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/does-anyone-have-any-suggestions-317303.html
Relevancy 30.1%

So I want a device laptop tablet phone whatever can do it that can fill the roles for my long distance traveling I will be out of WiFi range often but when I am in range I would like to Watch Anime animefreak tv Watch Twitch Chat with Twitch Check suggestions Any need? for this Emails Google Maps GPS positioning The device itself needs to have Long battery life or extended battery support ie hot swap batteries dock etc BlueTooth headset use primarily with full keyboard support if needed I purchased a Asus Transformer TF T Tablet Dock thinking that it was exactly what I needed boasting a hour life with it's dock a smashing x ppi ultra high resolution display and NVIDIA Tegra Quad-core ARM Coretex-A with Core GeForce GPU However the device seems to buffer constantly and worse when it does play it tends to De-synch from the video usually in the form of the screen freezing and the audio still playing but rarely in the form of the video playing in fast forward while the audio is Any suggestions for this need? still normalized My android phone does a better job of playing the Anime APP which is sad MotoX Gen through Republic Wireless I don't know what this problem is but if it can't even get a steady connection here at home there is no way it'll work for this long distance traveling I planned Android just updated on it so I plan to fiddle with it a little more to see if I can make it work right but honestly I am so disappointed in it I think I will end up returning it So what suggestions can we come up with Will this Transformer Tablet actually work - just needs something

A:Any suggestions for this need?

Like I suggested in your previous thread, try unlocking the bootloader and putting a custom ROM on it. It's possible that it's just the stock ROM that has issues.

Are you playing the videos through an app or through a browser? How is your wifi signal/speed when you're trying to stream?

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/any-suggestions-need-274600/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello Everyone Recently I have discovered that my current Wireless router may need replaced While surfing the Suggestions Need web gaming or just even being connected to the wireless on any of my devices at home I am randomely being disconnected from the network whether it be Need Suggestions on my laptop my xbox or even my phone While facing this problem I have come up with an alternative conlusion until I can afford a new router I Need Suggestions have purchased Need Suggestions a ethernet cord to run from our family home office to my bedroom to be able to connect because it seems when i am connected via ethernet i am not kicked from the network Icurrently own a Cisco Valet Plus M Router which is approximately two years old My router hgas not shown any of these issues in the past with the same number of devices connected to the router wirelessly We have even upgraded our connection via our ISP and it has been doing this My question is What router would you reccomend I have found a few that fit my needs We have two laptops two desktops my phone xbox network printer and other various devices connected to this router from time to time the only wireless devices are my phone xbox and laptops I have been looking into the Belkin line of products http www belkin com networking wir eless-routers along with the apple airport extreme base station http store apple com us product MD irPort-Extreme I have noticed that the belkin products tend to be more pricey for the dual band technology but offer more features that my network may need in the future as i eventually plan on being able to stream music and videos wirelessly throughout our home your feedback is appreciated please let me know what you would reccomend or if what you are using works for you and would be suffice for me thank you tjronek I have already tried investigating the problem through Xirrus wi-fi inspector and metageek inssider software I have tried to change from mixed mhz to mhz no success If there are any more suggestions i am more than willing to try but i amafraid i am almost out of options than to purchase a new router this is the link to previous thread gt gt http forums techguy org networking -suggestions-new-wireless-router html UPDATE broken links http www belkin com IWCatProductPage process Product Id -belkin router i am looking into http www belkin com networking wireless-routers compare wireless-routers - full line of belkin products http store apple com us product MD LL A AirPort-Extreme - apple airport extreme nbsp

A:Need Suggestions

Dual band is great if you want to do things like stream media and connect to the internet at the same time. You can stream your media on the 5GHz channel while connecting to the internet on the 2.4GHz channel. This is of course only possible if your device you are connecting with supports the 5GHz band. As for the number of devices any router will be able to safely handle the number you are depicting, any slowdown would be an Internet speed problem.
Is your router next to a cordless phone by chance that may be broadcasting on or close to the 2.4 band? If so try moving your router away from the phone and see if this is a problem, I also recommend changing the channel on your router, try channel 1, 6, or 11, it may be everyone in your area is on the same channel.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-suggestions.1060387/
Relevancy 30.1%

It s nothing much to complain about but it does bother me I m not trying to boast or compare my computer to others I just enjoy a fast loading computer Recently i ve realized that my loading personal settings takes around full seconds longer than it ever used to Its not much of a difference but considering that my other computer Amd Athlon processor with gb of ram loads instantly and this computer is a Processor and gb of ram yet it takes full seconds Anyone Suggestions? Got to load personal settings Anyone Got Suggestions? I just want to know if people have any suggestions on how to reduce this or possible solution of why this may of happened Thanks I did play with some services msc items but i tried to set them all back to default well i think it was default the settings i knew as default and the problem still occurs so I m guessing its not too do with that If anyone knows either how to fix this problem please let me knowThanks in advance Roadblock Moderator edit added Topic Description jgweed

A:Anyone Got Suggestions?

http://www.blackviper.com/and http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/syspe...boot-winxp.mspxAnother bunch o' links here: http://www.google.com/search?q=fast+boot+w...lient=firefox-a

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/100085/anyone-got-suggestions/
Relevancy 30.1%

Does anyone know of a good freeware that'll alert me to my credit card number being sent out from my computer? I'm using RoboForm, but I'd like an alert box and a vault to keep my CC # in. I'm using the free trial of Zone Alarm Pro right now and I find it's a handy feature (the alert box). Any suggestions?

A:suggestions?

I don't but it sounds like a good program for a malicious guy to invent to steal credit card numbers though. I would seriously recommend you do not save your credit card/bank #'s on your computer though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suggestions.205798/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi all.. Till now I have not applied any software to record the details of my sales. But when I heard about RMS software I am greatly impressed and I believe it can lessen my work loads. I have discussed with an RMS software solutions in Markham and they have told me about POS too. I own a modest grocery store and it is in its developing stage. So I have a concern that if I purchase a POS software now, what would I do if I require an RMS software later? Anyone please help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suggestions-please.1168543/
Relevancy 30.1%

I'm looking for a simple network file storage suggestions. I have a 5 computer network that needs to all be able to access certain files at different times.

Relevancy 30.1%

I need to rid myself of this 6600 GT. Any ideas?

Also, I need some new heatsink for my Pentium IV 3GHz because the beast heats up quick when I start clocking it a bit - any ideas?

Intel 3GHz 530J LGA775 800MHzFSB 1MB L2-Cache
Asus P5GD2 Deluxe
2gigs OCZ Gold PC-5400, 1gig Infineon DDR2-SD
200GB Maxtor 6L200R0 Hard-Drive 7200RPM
XFX 6600 GT 128MB
Sound Blaster Audigy 2

Any suggestions on improvements of any kind are greatly appreciated. I'm using a 630W PSU (nonamer), with self-sleeved cables. All my cables are IDE tubes, so the airflow is fairly generous. I've got a chassis fan, and a side window fan, and a pci slot double fan cooling my video card. NZXT Trinity case.

Supply any ideas you have regarding ANY aspect of the machine. I'm open for anything!

A:Suggestions

I need to rid myself of this 6600 GT. Any ideas?Click to expand...

Ebay, local trading paper, donate...etc

Also, I need some new heatsink for my Pentium IV 3GHz because the beast heats up quick when I start clocking it a bit - any ideas?Click to expand...

Pick one within your budget:
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article30-page1.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suggestions.502949/
Relevancy 30.1%

hi

I've just bought a 80Gb (7200rpm) HDD (not arrived yet) . The drive I've got now is a 7.85GB drive 5400rpm.

Should I install the OS on the new drive or the old drive? If on the new drive, I'll create 2 partitions on it so one partition is for data, the other is for the OS. Would it be better to use the old drive with nothing else on it or to just use a faster and bigger drive?

thanks.

Relevancy 30.1%

Please help me clean my office at work I just built a new computer for the office and my brother boss refuses to ditch the old dusty been dropped on the floor and put back together computer and so it is currently living in a big pile of dust on top of my filing cabinet But Suggestions? he has agreed that if I can upgrade it so his younger kids who are and can play SIMs on it then he ll take it home and get it out of my way So I don t have SIMS haven t played it don t know what would be near the bare minimum of what you d need to run the program He wants me to do this as cheap as humanly possible So the case is pretty much fine the CD drive and hard drives are fine Likely I ll need a new video card and more RAM but I can handle that Since I pretty much only know about Pentium processors as that s all I ve ever used I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what kind of AMD or Celeron processor might accomplish this for the Suggestions? lowest price Can I even get away with a Celeron for this I found an older socket Celeron with a mhz FSB for cheap but Suggestions? that probably wouldn t cut it would it Any suggestions would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

Hey all, i'm looking to upgrade my current build with the following configuration:
CPU: Intel® CoreTM i5-760
MB: Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3
RAM: Kingston KVR1333D3N9K2/4G
HDD: WD5000AAKS
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-650TX 650W
GPU: Gigabyte GV-N460OC-1GI
Case: Enermax ECA3190-BS

I already own the 64bit op sys.
The overall budget is 900$.
Any feedback/suggestions/thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks for your time and I wish you all Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

A:LF suggestions for a new PC

Looks like a nice setup, enjoy it!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lf-suggestions-for-a-new-pc.158570/
Relevancy 30.1%

Not exactly a Windows problem,but while amongst PC users-specialists,might aswell ask freely. Just upgraded from 775 to 1155 socket with a MSI P67A C43 / i5 2500k and i am asking for some suggestions on 4GB modules running at 1600MHz.Height is not a problem,i am planning to cool CPU down with some H80 or 100 in the near future.Should i go with 1.5V sticks,1.65V,compatibility issues with any specific brand,things like that,any clues?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/35327-ram-suggestions-new-rig.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Alright so i have a basic Compaq Presario CQ5700Fwith all stock hardware ..250w power supply..sad i know.. 2gb ram and stock AMD socket am3 processor. Well I'm getting real tired of being so basic, i want to get something nicer so I'm thinking about buying this new CPU from new egg but I'm still not sure if its compatible w/ my motherboard and power supply ,and if my computer could take it if i unlocked the extra cores available. Here are the processor's specs and URL from New Egg:
AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Desktop Processor - C3 Revision HDZ555WFGMBOX

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...3846&cm_re=amd_phenonm-_-19-103-846-_-Product

If anyone can get back with me as soon as possible that would be great..
Thanks, James

Relevancy 30.1%

Thinking of upgrading the grandparents pc, Any users of the chaintech 7AIA5 mobo? Will probably use a Duron in the 1Ghz range. Is this a decent board?

A:Any Suggestions

WELLLLL, After reviewing the many posts here I ordered an ASUS 7N266VM and AMD 1600 XP. Chaintech must not be that popular a mobo. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-suggestions.93944/
Relevancy 30.1%

System AMD K WD Gig UDMA Mb RAM Soyo K VIA MB OS - Duel boot Win Win k Problem Win k loads runs perfect Win loads very slow min boot up seems to run fine msconfig sysedit wordpad etc but hangs upon finding file structure minutes to load win explorer booting up and delete anything that requires file structure Again - Win works perfect Troubleshooting - Switched hard drives with any suggestions please. another comp Worked perfect HD from other comp win loaded acted same conclusion HD is fine - RAM Everything games file directory etc works fine in Win RAM is fine - Flashed any suggestions please. and upgraded Bios cleared CSMOS same problem conclusion Maybe the Motherboard still Here s where I know I messed up I connected another HD as a slave to recover some files I forgot to set my HD as Master w slave I left it as Master - Single Drive Everything points to a bad hard drive by actions but I formatted reloaded and even switched hard drives and the problem stayed with the computer RAM checkes out so my only conclusion is something wrong with the Motherboard Just dosen t make sence to me nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

Hi, I need a calculator on my computer to use for the basics + - x and division. Does anyone know of a site where I can download one? Anything free? Thanks

Relevancy 30.1%

I've just upgraded my motherboard and i'm really happy withy the performance of the computer however the cpu is really burning up when giving the processor a good bit of work it reached 98c. I'm sure that is way, way too hot for any processor so i have two questions one do people think that a good cpu fan will get that right down for me or are there other issues? And can anyone recomend a REALLY good fan/heatsink . I am willing to pay for quality. it's an intel 775 socket. Thanks a million.

Relevancy 30.1%

Is this a good all around PC Around max budget I'm thinking of getting this PC later this year and want to know what others think about the components i have chosen in this build any suggestions will be greatly appreciated since i have never made a PC before Thanks for the feedback Edit quot better PC build quot PCPartPicker part list Price breakdown by merchant CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor Micro Center Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z X-SLI ATX LGA Motherboard SuperBiiz Memory G Skill Ripjaws X Series GB x GB DDR - Memory OutletPC Storage Samsung EVO-Series GB amp quot Solid State Drive SuperBiiz Storage Seagate Barracuda TB amp quot RPM Internal Hard Drive SuperBiiz Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX GB SuperSC ACX Video Card SuperBiiz Case Raidmax Vortex ATX Mid Tower Case SuperBiiz Suggestions PC Power Supply EVGA B W Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply NCIX US Optical Drive Samsung SH- DB BEBE DVD CD Writer Newegg Operating System Microsoft Windows Home Premium SP OEM -bit OutletPC Case Fan Cooler Master SickleFlow CFM mm Fan OutletPC Case Fan Cooler Master SickleFlow CFM mm Fan OutletPC Total Prices include shipping taxes and discounts when available Generated by PCPartPicker - - EDT-

A:PC Suggestions

Over all not a bad job of parts picking....but a few suggestions. Mobo - I'd upgrade that as that one is just a basic board. I would go with something like the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI Open Box: GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

I would go with a larger SSD...250 GB. I would also change out the PSU to an Antec, Seasonic or EVGA brand. If the budget would allow go with a Nvidia GPU such as the GTX 970.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/124495-pc-suggestions.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I currently have a Cisco 2621 Router and a Cisco PIX 515 firewall all configured and running with no problems (I did not set this up). I would like to allow for VPN access for at least 10 connections back to the firewall. Any suggestions on what I would need or what I can do to the existing hardware to allow for the VPN.

I have already gone thru Cisco's website and that was a bit overwhelming. I have some knowledge about Cisco hardware, but not to the extent of what the website was talking about.

I also found out that the router has reached it's end of sale and will soon (three years) be at the end of life. So an option may be to replace the appliance with an ASA (5500 series).

Any suggestions would be helpful, as I am not cisco certified and only have knowledge about Cisco configuration from a book.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 30.1%

This is my first time posting and i was wondering what GPU i should buy. i have a budget of £100-£200 and these are my current specs:

CPU: Intel Pentium 4, 3066 MHz (23 x 133)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8I915PM (2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR DIMM, Audio, LAN)
MB Chipset: Intel Grantsdale i915P
RAM: 1024 MB (DDR2-533 DDR2 SDRAM)
PSU: Encer 500w, +12v - 17A, -12v - 0.8A
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 6200 LE (128 MB)
3D Accelerator: nVIDIA NV44

I was thinking of maybe buying this card:
http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=274919&CatId=2696

p.s I play game such as Oblivion and NFS:MW

A:Suggestions on a new GPU?

You'd need the biggest and baddest for Oblivion.

Which means you'd want to spend as close to your 200 pounds as possible. This card would suit you better, or the same card of a different brand. No brand stands out more than others when it comes to performance, so you might want to pit some other criteria to choosing it (price is a good criteria).

However, your CPU might be a bottleneck here for such a high end card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-on-a-new-gpu.76762/
Relevancy 30.1%

Ok here is my problem...

I am getting a pop-up saying that outlook express is low on memory press "ok" to compact messages. there are 2 buttons.
1 "ok" button and a "cancel" button. if i press "ok" then is looks like it compresses files and the pop-up goes away for about a half hour or so. if i press cancel or just leave it alone it goes away but it comes back in about 15 seconds and continues this till i press ok.
and by the way i do NOT use outlook or outlook express.

what i have done and it has not worked...
deleted outlook express thru accessiblity options.
i have ran malwarebytes

i had a friend tell me to run combo fix but the only thing that i see that it did was change the time on my computer to 24hr

any suggestions would be great.

A:Any Suggestions?

is there anyone out there that can help me with this problem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/167125/any-suggestions/
Relevancy 30.1%

hey all, i need sum help adding a printer into a network

basically i have a wireless network in my home which consists of 5-6 computers, i have > this < router. With belkin wireless network cards in 4 of these computers and the other 2 computers connected via an ethernet cable.

i also have an epson printer which only has a USB type B connection on it.

basically, whats the simplest way to connect the printer to the network so that any one of the computers can use it?

ive been told that i could simply buy a USB to ethernet converter and plug the printer into the router, or that i should get rid of my current belkin router and buy another one which has a USB port on it as well..

could someone send me a few suggestions of how i could go bout doing this? maybe point out what equipment i could use? thanks in advance

Relevancy 30.1%

I m working on a new computer which I expect to set me back around The parts I have so far are Radeon Intel i Antec Case For the new Help rig with suggestions rest I have a few questions I read the TechSpot P Mobo guide but I m still a little hazy on what kind of motherboard I need Help with new rig suggestions It doesn t seem like there is any significant difference between high end and low end motherboards I will most likely only need a single PCI-e slot with the possibly of going CrossFire unlikely at this point Also I will probably stick with ATI so the EVGA FTW won t be a good investment What Mobo do you guys recommend For Memory I plan to get x GB It seems like all the brands are at the same price point so I don t know which to get I was thinking Corsair since they tend have a good reputation of being reliable I will probably get a PSU at the - W range and I m looking for some suggestions For HDD I want to get a GB drive because I will be mainly using my GB external for serious storage I will most likely get a WD as they have an excellent warranty This one is pretty insignificant but if there are any differences between DVD drives I would like to know your preferences Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Help with new rig suggestions

1) I read the TechSpot P55 Mobo guide, but I'm still a little hazy on what kind of motherboard I need. It doesn't seem like there is any significant difference between high end and low end motherboards. I will most likely only need a single PCI-e slot, with the possibly of going CrossFire unlikely at this point. Also, I will probably stick with ATI, so the EVGA FTW won't be a good investment. What Mobo do you guys recommend?Click to expand...

The cheaper ones.
Gigabyte's UD3 P55

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM crazy good deal.

CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
I would get a 5770.

5) For HDD, I want to get a 500GB drive, because I will be mainly using my 750GB external for serious storage. I will most likely get a WD, as they have an excellent warranty.Click to expand...

Did you need help with that?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-new-rig-suggestions.148294/
Relevancy 30.1%

Problem now Solved hi guys firstly im new to the forum so would like to say hello to everyone hope everyone is well secondly ive been experiencing a problem with my desktop which i bought please? any HELP, suggestions from pc world in january of this year the problem is i turn on the pc and its fine but within the first - minutes the pc will crash regardless of what im doing i could be on a word document a game the internet and it will crash then i turn it off then on again and its fine the rest HELP, any suggestions please? of the time im on it could be an hour could be all day its always every other time it crashes and usually within the first - minutes but sometimes longer the spec of my pc is processor Intel core Duo E GHz MB of RAM and -bit operating system and i use windows vista home premium If anyone has any suggestions as to what may be wrong with my pc it would be greatly appreciated

A:HELP, any suggestions please?

hello scott94, and welcome to the forums,

In order to better help you can you give some more information.

such as do you receive any messages or does the pc just freeze?
do you get a Blue Screen error? if so what does it say?

unfortunately your original post doesn't give enough information. although time based problems are often related to screensaver or power management issues.

if you can post back with some more information I'm sure someone will be able to help

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/182039-help-any-suggestions-please.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Ive deleted already should I delete the rest Need Suggestions and do you see anything else CP AtenaShokunin Config CP CalendarTemplates cp LightScribeConfig cp OnlineProjectsConfig CP Package Basic AbiWord remove only Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Adobe Reader AIM AnalogX Need Suggestions TextScan AnyDVD Ask Toolbar AutoUpdate AV Voice Changer Software DIAMOND Buddy Spy BufferChm CCleaner remove only CiD Help Conexant HD Audio CP AtenaShokunin Config CP CalendarTemplates cp LightScribeConfig cp OnlineProjectsConfig CP Package Basic CP Package Variety CP Package Variety CP Package Variety CP Panorama Config cp PosterPrintConfig cp UpdateProjectsConfig CueTour Customer Experience Enhancement Desktop Mechanic Destinations DeviceManagementQFolder DivX Codec DivX Content Uploader DivX Converter DivX Player DivX Web Player easy Internet sign-up Form Fill Windows Live Toolbar FullDPAppQFolder Google Gmail Notifier Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB HP Help and Support HP Imaging Device Functions HP Photosmart Premier Software HP Quick Launch Buttons A HP QuickPlay HP Rhapsody HP Update HP User Guides HP Wireless Assistant G HpSdpAppCoreApp HPSU Stub IBP amp ARELIS iDEN Phonebook Manager IncrediMail Xe InstantShareDevices IP Hider LightScribe LimeWire PRO Macromedia Flash Player Macromedia Shockwave Player Map Button Windows Live Toolbar Microsoft NET Framework Hotfix KB Microsoft NET Framework Microsoft Compression Client Pack for Windows XP Microsoft LifeCam Microsoft Office Access MUI English Microsoft Office Access Setup Metadata MUI English Microsoft Office Excel MUI English Microsoft Office Outlook MUI English Microsoft Office PowerPoint MUI English Microsoft Office Professional Microsoft Office Proof English Microsoft Office Proof French Microsoft Office Proof Spanish Microsoft Office Proofing English Microsoft Office Publisher MUI English Microsoft Office Shared MUI English Microsoft Office Shared Setup Metadata MUI English Microsoft Office Word MUI English Microsoft Software Update for Web Folders English Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack Microsoft Visual C Redistributable Microsoft Works Mozilla Firefox Mozilla Firefox MSGTAG MSXML SP KB muvee autoProducer Netscape Browser remove only NetWaiting Notepad NVIDIA Drivers OK Registry Cleaner v OneCare Advisor Windows Live Toolbar OptionalContentQFolder PhotoGallery PIXresizer Popup Blocker Windows Live Toolbar RandMap Registry First Aid Registry Mechanic Security Update for Excel KB Security Update for Office KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB SkinsHP Smart DVD CD Burner Smart Menus Windows Live Toolbar SmartFTP Client remove only Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Sonic Audio Module Sonic Copy Module Sonic Data Module Sonic Express Labeler Sonic MyDVD Plus Sonic Update Manager SonicAC Encoder SonicMPEGEncoder Sonic PrimoSDK Symantec KB-DocID Synaptics Pointing Device Driver TourSetup Trillian Ultra Screen Capture Expert Unload Update for Office KB Update for Office KB Update for Office KB Update for Office KB Update for Outlook KB Update for Outlook Junk Email Filter KB Update for Windows XP KB Update for Word KB Update Rollup for Windows XP Media Center Edition WebFldrs XP Windows Defender Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications KB Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool KB Windows Installer Clean Up Windows Internet Explorer Windows Live Favorites for Windows Live Toolbar Windows Live Messenger Windows Live Outlook Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar Windows Live Sign-in Assistant Windows Live Toolbar Extension Windows Live Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar Feed Detector Windows Live Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar Windows Media Format runtime Windows Media Player Windows XP Hotfix - KB Windows XP Hotfix - KB WinRAR archiver Wireless Home Network Setup... Read more

A:Need Suggestions

It would help those qualified to help you, if you gave some more information. Tell what antivirus software you use, and what infections they may/may not say you have.And if you havn't already, go here:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405/antivirus-antimalware-and-antispyware-resources/and download spybot search and destroy, and ad-aware. Run both those in safe mode and fix whatever they tell you, after updating them in normal windows of course. With ad-aware, you needn't worry about the negligible objects, they shouldn't contain viruses or anything like that. Also, the "tea timer" with spybot is a protection method of your startup programs. A little window will pop up asking you if you want this registry change, the left button is yes, the right no.Good luck .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/97840/need-suggestions/
Relevancy 30.1%

Well shoot....

We've all found out that WMC in Windows 8 will be exactly as it is in the final release of Windows 8. This disappointed me because Windows Media Center had some serious potential as being something greater than it is.

Which leads me to my post, I need suggestions and recommendations on what to do with television input on my PC. I was going to wait and see if WMC was going to be overhauled in a cleaner, metro styled way so I could use a TV tuner card. Well, so much for that. I currently have a digital converter box that I could a couple years ago. I was wondering something, could I possibly have the functionality WMC would had provided with TV support, as in having televsion input on my PC so I could full screen it, window it, pause it; but have the converter box connected to an input on my PC?

A:Suggestions...

What connector(s) does it have? Meaning is it a standard Coax cable, or is it DB15, or USB?
It is usually Coax, and going by that, you can just go to your local computer store and get a Coax to USB
cable, and connect it directly to your PC. I have DSH Network, and connect that box up with Coax to USB
and Windows 8cp detects it as the brand box and type. I even get the ROM chipset version from the box,
and you can update it's firmware using your PC and Internet connection. I would first suggest that you do
a internet search of that box's schematics so when you view it in Windows 8cp, you will understand it. Also
you can tap into your TV's service thru your PC as well. BUT with DSH, they're smart. The have it password
protected so no free HBO, Showtime, etc.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/6365-suggestions.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey everyone,

I have a question. I can not get flash movies to load, like when I visit a site, flowgo.com and click to play a cartoon only a white box with a little x in the corner ends up showing up. Anyone know what i have to do to fix this. Is it my flash player, if so how do I get it working again?

A:Anyone have any suggestions on what this could be

You need to have the Flash Plugin. Download the Flash Plugin here ...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/anyone-have-any-suggestions-on-what-this-could-be-85499.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello. I have a thermaltake soprano case, which I am going to use as the basis of my new gaming computer. I do own an AM2NF3-VSTA motherboard which I could use, or a could purchase another. I do not need a mouse, keyboard, speakers or monitor, and have around £700 to spare. I would like to make a decent enough pc so that I don't need to be upgrading it every so often. Any suggestions/ideas would be valuable. Thanks in advance..

A:suggestions

First let me state that anybody who posts here should mention SLI as their opinion ONLY. I am a SLI user and love it. But I have gotten into so many arguments about its worth. So lets leave that out of here...

Lets see, 700 BP is around 1400 USD. Thats pretty good as seeing that I built my rig with 1000.

You want to be able to upgrade as you go, thats a wise idea. My board will support quad chips (as most today will) and 8GB or more memory.

I went and spent most of my money on the motherboard (since thats what allows me to upgrade) and used parts I had laying around to make up for it.

When I bought it it was 400 USD. Below are the links, 1 is the BFG (I have it) and 1 is the eVGA (they are the exact same)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188019
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813189003

I like having 3 PCIx16 slots vs the 1 or 2 you normally get. I also like the fact that the Northbridge is shiped with a fan that easily connects to the heatsink.

I would then get an "8" series GForce card. That way you will be able to run DX10

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suggestions.570783/
Relevancy 30.1%

Im looking for an easy to use program where i can make my own movies and edit them...Anyone?