Windows Support Forum

Faulty Device Driver

Q: Faulty Device Driver

Hey Device Driver Faulty I m about to address my Faulty Device Driver first problem which I didn t manage to solve on my own This forum has helped me over the years and the amazing thing is that I wasn t even a member then But anyways here is my problem Basically it started to happen a month ago My computer would randomly restart itself without any warning mostly when playing games It would restart normally and then would come with a windows message saying that quot The system has recovered from a serious error quot bla di bla bla you know the score At first I didn t bother to do nothin as my computer never restarted when used normally it only did it durin playin games But last week it restarted itself when i was just listenin to some music on winamp and chatting on msn This annoyed me so I decided to send the error report to Microsft The report suggested that it was caused by a faulty device driver That was the only helpful thing about the report Using that suggestion I researched the internet and came across a program quot verifier quot It helped me find the name of the driver I did that because at first I thought it was my video or sound card causing the problem and i reinstalled the latest versions of those and updated my Direct X to version c So anyway the verifier displayed this message when it found the faulty driver quot Io System verification error in NDIS sys WDM Driver NDIS sys at BA D quot I looked around the internet for a solution because at the time this was happening I was running my windows on SP one topic on Microsoft forum suggested that updating to SP may solve the problem but unfortunately it didn t However i also found this website which a guy was having the same problem He managed to fix it by copying the file quot NDIS sys quot from another computer running on SP He did so by renaming the original and replacing it with the new one from the other computer So the reason for my long boring post sorry is to ask for other ideas and whether if i should do the same Basically anything to solve this annoying problem My system spec s are available to see so please help me I m terribly sorry for posting such a long post i just wanted to give as much info as possible as I do not want to ruin my computer Thank you for your time Regards Nav nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Faulty Device Driver

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Faulty Device Driver

Can you tell us what error code(s) were displayed when it blue screened like 0x0000000050 as an example? NDIS.sys is a Windows core driver and it doesn't really tell us much

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-device-driver.105912/
Relevancy 73.1%

I'm getting a BSOD in Vista.

BCCode:1
BCP1: 8281D2F6
BCP3: 0000FFFE

If I'm correct then this is typically due to a bug in a device driver (APC_Index_Mismatch)

I've checked through Device Manager and there are no warning symbols on the devices.

I've run a verifier check in Vista for all the drivers. This did not identify any drivers. The screen just stayed blue for a while before starting.

At present the PC starts but it stays blue for a period of time after login. It is also running very slowly.

How can I identify which driver is causing the issue?

A:Finding Faulty Device Driver - Vista?

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/287415-finding-faulty-device-driver-vista.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi all Last week i built my new case with all the online reboots, minidumps driver faulty device same hardware plus a new WD Raptor harddrive which now functions as system disk I installed the software as I always did cuz i never had BSOD problems in the past My OS is Windows XP Pro SP with all updates and I used all the same drivers that i always used Except for the ATI driver cuz there was a newer version faulty device driver reboots, minidumps online available which i downloaded and faulty device driver reboots, minidumps online installed Then i got the reboot problems related to a faulty device driver but the error message wouldn t tell me which device driver So i thought i must ve messed up somewhere and i did a fresh install again But the problem persisted After installing the latest Java Runtime i got my system in a boot loop and with System Recovery i determined that the Silicon Image faulty device driver reboots, minidumps online Raid controller was causing the boot loop Since i don t use that i disabled it in BIOS removed the driver and the boot loop was gone But unfortunatley the device driver reboots kept coming every now and then I removed the new ATI graphics driver Catalyst with the one i was using before Catalyst No luck still reboots now and then Additional info My former system disk a Maxtor gb SATA has a few bad blocks and when formatted it gave a lot of error entries in my system log But it never gave me reboot issues when i was using it as system disk It was just noisy now and then but it works It s now one of my data disks And since the information from the Microsoft error report tells me it s a device driver problem i doubt that it s the cause of the reboots So could someone please analyze my minidumps for me to determine which device driver is causing the trouble please I have already made debuglog txt files as described in another thread to make it easier for u experts and in the filenames i added the system log event id s and error code for that minidump There s minidump for the Silicon Image Raid Controller driver error fixed that but just for additional info file with my system specs and minidumps from the device driver errors that i m still having You can find the files HERE Please help i would really appreciate it nbsp

A:faulty device driver reboots, minidumps online

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidumps are crashing at regspy.sys. This is one of your Bitdefender drivers.

Take a look HERE at a possible solution.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-device-driver-reboots-minidumps-online.38558/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have this problem:
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)

The driver could not be loaded because a previous version of the driver is still in memory.

and now I am not able to connect any usb device to my laptop making it virtually impossible to use windows 10.
How do I downgrade to windows 7,have enough of the beta testing.
I even have a purchased version of windows 10 pro which I really regret buying, worst investment ever.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6070b9bf-bb9a-4579-80aa-b64b1241a77c/windows-cannot-load-the-device-driver-for-this-hardware-because-a-previous-instance-of-the-device?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 55.9%

So I have this old MP3 player that I'm holding onto because it's a standalone device and it still (usually) runs like a champ. I'm trying to back it up, but I'm having issues. I have the device open in Windows Explorer so I know I have full access to the file directory, but when I try to copy all the folders, it usually hangs and doesn't transfer anything. This is particularly an issue when it already tried once to copy a particular song, but failed. Restart of device is necessary.

When it DOES start transferring, about 30 seconds worth of copying later, it gives me a "device is not functioning" error. If it was in the middle of transferring a song at that given moment, see the first issue.

Is there a way to cache the entire contents of my MP3 player and then transfer it to my PC's folder from there?

Win 7 Ult SP1, x64

A:Backing up faulty USB device

What is the exact make and model name and number of the player? There is a thing or two that can be done but not enough information available such as what type of storage, type of connection to the computer, how new/good is the computer, types of ports on the computer whether USB 2.0 or USB 3.0, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/372647-backing-up-faulty-usb-device.html
Relevancy 52.89%

b font System After hunting down many clues on the net and different forums and searches I think my problem has something to do with with a broken driver maybe a network driver As you can see I am an AOL user with their standard BT voyager ADSL modem and Hjt To W/ Cpu 100% At Due Driver? Log Faulty have the updated broadband drivers that were recently sent out by AOL My modem systray icon shoes an and tells me I have limited connectivity I can still connect and the connection isn't hindered it still runs at its max speed when it needs to My system is okay in Safe Mode I've scanned it with AVG Adaware Spybot S amp D Microsoft Anti-Spyware beta and WinASO Registry Optimizer just to get rid of the mass of useless files from previous Cpu At 100% Due To Faulty Driver? W/ Hjt Log uninstalls Don't know whether you've got enough info to help me let me know if there's anything else you need to know Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS System winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system gsicon exeC WINDOWS system dslagent exeC Program Files VoyagerTest fts exeC Program Files AOL a waol exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files AOL a shellmon exeC Documents and Settings James HOME My Documents Sys stuff hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet ExplorerO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run GSICONEXE gsicon exeO - HKLM Run DSLAGENTEXE dslagent exe USBO - HKLM Run FP Friendly fts exe quot C Program Files VoyagerTest fts exe quot O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exeO - Extra button no name - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - no file O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Plugin for pdf C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS nppdf dllO - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cabO - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http www pcpitstop com pcpitstop PCPitStop CABO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF B - A - B - - FE DF D DiameterTransfer Control - http www sis com download SISTransfer cabO - DPF A CF B-EC A- D-A D- DC B AB B QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class - http aolcc aolsvc aol co uk computercheckup qdiagcc cabO - DPF D B - A B- ECA-AED - F F E AOLLaunch Class - http www disneyblast go com setup activex AOLLauncher cabO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft com v co b O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdat b O - DPF A A -F - AD- - BC B DD Crucial cpcScan - http www crucial com controls cpcScanner cabO - DPF B E - ECB- DA- C A- F A FF MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class - http messenger msn com download MsnMesse pDownloader cabO - DPF BB F ... Read more

A:Cpu At 100% Due To Faulty Driver? W/ Hjt Log

Hello bravestarr5 and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. I do not see any signs of viruses or malware in the log. There are a couple of housekeeping items to clean up so let's do that while you are here.Start HijackThis and click the Scan button to perform a scan. Look for the following items and click in the checkbox in front of each item to select it:R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)Now close ALL open windows except HijackThis and click the Fix Checked button to finish the repair.I also do not see any anti-virus or firewall software installed. You should definitely have a good antivirus to stop infections before they can start and spread. Here are 2 free anti-virus programs that are available for personal use (I use these on various machines and they are both good):Avast Home EditionAVG Anti-VirusYou should also have a good firewall for blocking unwanted access to and from your computer. These also are free for personal use:Kerio Personal FirewallZoneAlarmIt is best to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.As to the AOL issue, if the connection speed and browsing are not affected then it could just be a funky tray icon and I wouldn't worry about it. If it is causing problems then youshouldcontact AOL to see if a fix or workaround is available since it deals directly with their software.Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/53215/cpu-at-100-due-to-faulty-driver-w-hjt-log/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey, I'm hoping somone might be able to help me figure out which driver is causing a seemingly random DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD on my shuttle XPC.

Also, I'd be a bit curious to find out how you go about tracking down the culprit.. do you basically just have to find the address of the fault and look through the list of drivers in the dump file? I tried to, but got a bit lost..

Windows 7 64-bit, Retail. The system and os are just a few months old.

A:Please help identify the faulty driver

ok, I ended up reallizing my error in how I was utilising BlueScreenView program, and after opening all the dumps, it appears to likely be graphics drivers as far as I can tell. I updated the ATI drivers yesterday, so I'll give it a while to see if I get another BSOD.
Can anyone recommend any other good programs for checking these dump files?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/232612-please-help-identify-faulty-driver.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello guys as you know I'm new to this forum and was seeking help on an issue that has been stressing me out and none of the troubleshooting I have done has really helped me clearly The driver that is causing my bsod is affiliated with the process ntoskrnl exe I don't really know what driver that may be some research told me that it was a core file of the windows operating system but I don't know for sure I faulty driver BSOD, have also done the driver verifier for around roughly - hours and when it was running was when it pinpointed me to the process that is used by the driver causing the bsod errors If anyone can look through the logs of my minidumps I also have a program located in the systemroot minidump thats called bluescreenview don't pay attention to that in the zip that would be great System Specs Code Is Windows - x -bit or x x - the original installed OS on the system Yes - BSOD, faulty driver an OEM or full retail version Full Retail Version - What is the age of system hardware Around months - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS months no Download Link Attachment

A:BSOD, faulty driver

Quote: Originally Posted by The Office

Hello guys, as you know I'm new to this forum and was seeking help on an issue that has been stressing me out and none of the troubleshooting I have done has really helped me clearly. The driver that is causing my bsod is affiliated with the process ntoskrnl.exe. I don't really know what driver that may be, some research told me that it was a core file of the windows operating system but, I don't know for sure. I have also done the driver verifier for around roughly 24-36 hours and when it was running was when it pinpointed me to the process that is used by the driver causing the bsod errors. If anyone can look through the logs of my minidumps(I also have a program located in the %systemroot%\minidump thats called bluescreenview, don't pay attention to that in the zip), that would be great .

System Specs:

Code:
Is Windows 7 . . .
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64
- the original installed OS on the system? Yes
- an OEM or full retail version? Full Retail Version

- What is the age of system (hardware)? Around 5 months
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) 5 months, no.

Download Link:
Attachment 150146

Afraid the were no DMP's in the upload. You uploaded the app not the DMPs.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/158165-bsod-faulty-driver.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Before I describe my problem I'd like to thank the people who donate their time I've been having minor issues pop up and I appreciate all the help I just installed Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines and when I boot it up I'm getting the BSOD informing me I have a faulty driver that tried to corrupt the system and that BSOD faulty driver it BSOD faulty driver needs to be replaced The error code is x C x x x x I've tried reinstalling and patching and all that I find this odd because the error points to a fundamental problem with my system but no other application including games- BSOD faulty driver I have KOTOR and Farcry installed right now triggers the issue I'm guessing I need to figure out which driver is causing the problem then go about replacing BSOD faulty driver it but I haven't been able to determine how I should go about doing so The eventlog gives me no errors besides the inability to boot viamraid which is a leftover of a poor deletion of a RAID utility for the system or the application Thanks again for any advice

A:BSOD faulty driver

This article may help you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-faulty-driver-54138.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have two driver faulty BSOD problems I can't open msinfo when I try I get the windows help and error window I posted on the XP forums before being referred here http www techsupportforum com showthread php t The more serious problem is that my system crashes with a faulty driver error when I open a particular application Again I first asked the question in the XP forums http www techsupportforum com showthread php t I've uploaded the HJT files here http fodlujan BSOD faulty driver homestead com files hijackthis log http fodlujan homestead com files result txt Thanks for any help and please let me know if the information provided isn't all you'd like Note Its always better to post the log in the reply Log BSOD faulty driver was analyzed using KRC HijackThis Analyzer - Updated on Get updates at http www greyknight com download htm programs Security Programs Detected Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C Documents and Settings Admin Desktop HijackThis exe D system utilities HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www westminster edu R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Westminster College Edition R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer sproxy R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride westminster edu lt local gt O - HKLM Run sunasDTServ D CounterSpy Client sunasDtServ exe O - HKLM Run sunasServ D CounterSpy Client sunasServ exe O - DPF E DE - - B - F -C E A F E Microsoft PID Sniffer - https support microsoft com OAS ActiveX odc cab O - DPF AA A -F F- -A - B F BB HS live Control - http install homestead com site I ve HS live cab O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft co O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net ll xscan cab O - Service Brother Popup Suspend service for Resource manager brmfrmps - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system Brmfrmps exe quot -service file missing O - Service BrSplService Brother XP spl Service - brother Industries Ltd - C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe End of KRC HijackThis Analyzer Log

A:BSOD faulty driver

Hi Lujan -

Did you run the suggested scans? Adaware and Spybot S&D? I can see evidence of Housecall's ActiveX control...did it find anything?

There is no malware showing in your HJT log. From your other posts, it seems like you have windows issues. That said, we can use another scanner to see if there is any malware present. Please do the following:

Please download Ad-aware at http://www.lavasoftusa.com/ and install it if you don't have it already. Make sure it's the newest version and check for any updates before running it. Also go to http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/...2cleaner.shtml to download the plug-in for fixing VX2 variants. To run this tool, go into Ad-aware->Add-ons and select VX2 Cleaner. Then click Run Tool and OK to start it. If it's clean, it will say Status System Clean. Otherwise, you will have to click on the Clean button to remove the VX2 infection. Also make sure to customize the settings in Ad-aware at http://www.greyknight17.com/spyware.htm#adaware for better scan results. Run the scan and fix everything that it finds.

Download and install Spybot S&D http://security.kolla.de/. Run Spybot and click on the 'Search for Updates' button. Install any updates that are available.

Now click Mode menu and choose 'Advanced Mode'. Next click on Immunize to your left. Click the Immunize button (green cross) on top to Immunize your computer - you should do this each time there is an update. Now go to Tools->Resident and make sure that TeaTimer is checked. What this will do is monitor any system/registry changes and will ask you for permission to change any of these settings.

Now click on the 'Spybot-S&D' option on the top left to go back to the main screen. Next click on the 'Check for Problems' button. Let it run the scan. If it finds something, check all those in RED and hit the 'Fix Selected Problems' button. Exit Spybot. If you keep getting the DSO Exploit entries, even after you updated Windows and fixed them, then download the Spybot DSO Exploit Fix http://majorgeeks.com/download4392.html and install it over the current Spybot installation.

Please empty any Quarantine folder in your antivirus program and purge all recovery items in the Spybot program (if you use it) before running this tool.

Download the Mwav virus checker at http://www.mwti.net/antivirus/mwav.asp (Use Link 3)

1. Save it to a folder.
2. Reboot into Safe Mode.
3. Double click the Mwav.exe file. This is a stand alone tool and NOT just a virus checker......so it won't install anything.
4. Select all local drives, scan all files, and press SCAN. When it is completed, anything found will be displayed in the lower pane.
5. In the Virus Log Information Pane......
Left click and highlight all the information in the Lower pane --- Use &CTRL C &on your keyboard to copy everything found in the lower pane and save it to a notepad file
*Note* If prompted that a virus was found and you need to purchase the product to remove the malware, just close out the prompt and let it continue scanning. We are not going to use this to remove anything...but to ID the bad files.

Once you copy that to a Notepad file...highlight the text and copy it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/bsod-faulty-driver-54246.html
Relevancy 52.46%

my system specs are Asus p QL motherboard Intel core quad q Nvidia geforce gt graphics card gb ddr ram anyway my system randomly crashes and sometimes goes driver? faulty BSOD usb into the BSOD BSOD faulty usb driver? i have the crash dumps saved but not sure how to paste them here but seems like i might have a fault USB driver even though i uninstalled most of my usb drivers Quote - - dmp PFN LIST CORRUPT x e x x b x x b ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe dcdfc NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating BSOD faulty usb driver? System Microsoft Corporation win gdr - -bit ntkrnlpa exe dcdfc ntkrnlpa exe e c ntkrnlpa exe b bc ntkrnlpa exe b fe C Windows Minidump - - dmp Quote - - dmp IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x a x da x x x eb nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm sys e NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Corporation -bit ntkrnlpa exe b ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe f ntkrnlpa exe C Windows Minidump - - dmp Quote - - dmp DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x d x x x x ba dxgmms sys dxgmms sys DirectX Graphics MMS Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win rtm - -bit ntkrnlpa exe b dxgmms sys dxgmms sys a dxgmms sys b c C Windows Minidump - - dmp Quote - - dmp DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION x c x x x dd b x ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe dcdfc NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win gdr - -bit ntkrnlpa exe dcdfc ntkrnlpa exe ffd tcpip sys cee ndis sys d C Windows Minidump - - dmp

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-faulty-usb-driver-611208.html
Relevancy 52.46%

my system specs are Asus p QL motherboard Intel core quad q Nvidia geforce gt graphics card gb ddr ram anyway my system randomly crashes and sometimes goes into the BSOD i have the crash dumps saved but not sure how to paste them here but seems like i might have a fault USB driver even though i uninstalled most of my usb drivers - - dmp PFN LIST CORRUPT x e x x b x x b ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe dcdfc NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win gdr - -bit ntkrnlpa exe dcdfc ntkrnlpa exe e c ntkrnlpa exe b bc ntkrnlpa exe b fe C Windows Minidump - - dmp Click to expand - - dmp IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x a x da x x x eb nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm sys e NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Windows Kernel faulty BSOD driver? usb Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Corporation -bit ntkrnlpa exe b ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe f ntkrnlpa exe C Windows Minidump - - dmp Click to expand - - dmp DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x BSOD faulty usb driver? d x x BSOD faulty usb driver? x x ba dxgmms sys dxgmms sys DirectX Graphics MMS Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win rtm - -bit ntkrnlpa exe b dxgmms sys dxgmms sys a dxgmms sys b c C Windows Minidump - - dmp Click to expand - - dmp DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION x c x x x dd b x ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe dcdfc NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win gdr - -bit ntkrnlpa exe dcdfc ntkrnlpa exe ffd tcpip sys cee ndis sys d C Windows Minidump - - dmp Click to expand nbsp

A:BSOD faulty usb driver?

Looks like a Nvidia video driver fault to me... What version of Windows are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-faulty-usb-driver.173144/
Relevancy 52.03%

anyone seen the attached before?

error message reads - faulty driver currently on the kernel stack??

all help and comments appreciated before i start to run various solutions and try to resolve the issue.

thanks.

please note
- all applications installed before this issue have now been removed.
- system now more stable but still issue happens
- computer will run in safe mode no issues

A:faulty driver currently on the kernel stack??

Hi

aswsp.sys is part of Avast antivirus. You should run Avast removal tool from "Safe Mode" to properly remove all Avast components.

avast! Uninstall Utility | Download aswClear for avast! Removal

You should also disable "Driver Verifier" as per this guide - Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
If the issue persists, please follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/338868-faulty-driver-currently-kernel-stack.html
Relevancy 52.03%

so it was working fine my laptop i closed the screen and i guess it went to sleep mode and when i opened it back up i pressed the the power button. well dell direct media came up and said something about a new user but i already have used it so i hit the power button again and now vista will not start up not even in none of the safe modes. i did the fn+ power thing. and everything said it was fine. im so lost. is there anything ican do? plz help me. this laptop isnt even mine and i would like to fix before i get it back to him.

Relevancy 52.03%

With my cpu Faulty Network Driver? By Cpu 100% Caused and page file being maxxed out just after booting up I used SYSInternals ProcessManager and found out that it wasn t explorer exe that was using up all the processors resources but DPC s This process jumped from - every seconds So of the time the cpu is at This made my PC VERY sluggish when doing ANYTHING I Cpu 100% Caused By Faulty Network Driver? learned the symptoms my pc had looked like a broken driver and so I did another search for DPCs Cpu 100% Caused By Faulty Network Driver? causing problems and got a microsoft com link all about them Here it is http www microsoft com whdc device netwo IS NDISdrv mspx I realise now that it was for developers etc but it seemed like it was still alone the right lines It said they might be set up to initialize a driver Cpu 100% Caused By Faulty Network Driver? before the actual file is ready to be operated and that this value could be changed to wait several seconds before trying to start anything NDIS is the one in question I think this may be it I also found that NDIS is network related so as I am connected to AOL via a BT voyager ADSL usb modem this could be it AOL recently sent out an update for the broadband modems and I had no choice but to install it I have had to constantly reinstall drivers for it as well as my audio and my graphics Is there a fix for NDIS driver problems My graphics is updated by firmware and my audio driver NEEDS the update from the manf website as the one on the disc doesn t help So what choices do I have I hope this is enough info for you guys I m also registered on VirtualDR and have posted my HijackThis log file and a startup summary and I ve been told that it s okay I ve deselected ALL my startup items and it makes no difference to the pc s performance I ve ran every spyware virus scan used scandisk on my HDDs and defragged both drives The PC is fine in Safe Mode I m gt lt this close to reinstalling XP but this will probably cause more harm than good I know I waffle a bit but hey that s me thanx any help u got strong I am running Microsoft XP Home SP K S a Pro Mainboard AMD Athlon XP MB SDRAM nVidia MB GeForce MX AOL via BT Voyager ADSL usb modem Adaware and Spybot S amp D Microsoft Anti-spyware Beta and AVG NEC DVDRW - Dual Layer GB Maxtor HDD GB Maxtor HDD

A:Cpu 100% Caused By Faulty Network Driver?

I have found out several times that the Microsoft Anti-spyware caused my machine to run slowly. As soon as I deleted the app everything went back to normal.Keep in mind that Adaware and Spybot are not active programs, that is, they must be run by you and do not provide real-time protection the way that AVG antivirus does. I suggest also installing SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard and Startup Inspector. They run in the background and cause no slowdowns that I can notice.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/53057/cpu-100-caused-by-faulty-network-driver/
Relevancy 52.03%

hi
Can somebody help me find whats causing the bsod? I finally gave up a few days ago thinking it was software related, but reinstalled OS completely and getting it even if it is a fresh system. removed 2 memory stick at a time, thinking its memeory fault, ran MS memory test without problem and I still get random bsod:s. I get it even if the computer is idle! The bsod doesn't look the same (to me!!) and I was hoping somebody could help me out.

attatching 2 outputs from bsod and a PSTAT.exe output as well hoping u guys can help me track down the problem..

Regards

//Lasse

A:help finding faulty driver in bsod

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together, and attach them here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-finding-faulty-driver-in-bsod.43377/
Relevancy 52.03%

I run LogMeIn software and last night it required an update to an active-x driver or so it said I permitted the download and installation but I wrongly refused to allow the immediate reboot I know but I was busy with something else and the option to reboot later was offered Now on bootup I get blue screen session initialization failed F Same on safe mode boot as well unfortunately I can boot with UBCD WIN a driver able Can boot? being eliminate without I faulty to CD and so I can to a greater or lesser extent poke around on my system My question is if I can identify which new driver vxd was just installed is there a way I Can I eliminate a faulty driver without being able to boot? can remove that driver from the bootup sequence so my system can boot at all and then reinstall it correctly Or is my best bet to manually roll back the registry files to a working date In the ultimate situation I have a drive image from quite recently so am reasonably happy to try quick-fixes before the nuclear option nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-eliminate-a-faulty-driver-without-being-able-to-boot.181770/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello and thanks in advance for your time and energy I ve been getting blue screen s intermittently for a few weeks now and can t seem to isolate what the problem might be I can t pin it down to anything installed or updated recently and I also checked inside the computer for excessive dust or anything that might not be seated correctly like the RAM but is driver find BSOD-can't faulty which everything seems fine BSOD-can't find which driver is faulty It tends to happen when I m running several things at once ie -importing a c d with iTunes defragmenting with Diskeeper Lite and running say a Kaspersky AV or Superantispyware scan I ve tried running Driver Verifier but am not sure what I m looking for as no specific driver is mentioned but this is the stop message I get when verifying all the drivers DMA subsystem has detected an illegal DMA operation initiated by the driver being verified The faulty driver must be replaced with a working version stop X E Finally this is the stop message I got during normal use not using Driver Verifier Driver corrupted mmpool X D Here s the system summary and thanks again for your help OS Name- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version- Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer- Microsoft Corporation System Type- X -based PC Processor- x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz Processor- x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS Version Date- Phoenix Technologies LTD ASUS P N -SLI PREMIUM ACPI BIOS Revision SMBIOS Version- Windows Directory- C WINDOWS System Directory- C WINDOWS system Boot Device- Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer- Version quot xpsp sp rtm - quot Time Zone- Central Daylight Time Total Physical Memory- MB Available Physical Memory- GB Total Virtual Memory- GB Available Virtual Memory- GB Page File Space- GB Page File- C pagefile sys nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I received the following Blue Screen of Death stating quot stop X C X X X X AD C a device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught the faulty driver currently on the kernel stack must be replaced with a working version beginning dump of physical memory dump physical memory to disk thru contact your administrator quot Then the computer reboots and runs through the same cycle again and again My Problem I do not know how to identify and replace a faulty driver on the kernal stack much less where to find a working version So I did the following before posting this message I read through the archives of this forum for any post with quot driver quot quot kernel quot and quot memory dump quot that I thought was relevant I performed the Microsoft Memory Diagnostic via the Microsoft Online Crash Analysis webpage Note Memory was OK I installed Spybot ran it and cleaned out recommended files I installed Ad-aware ran it and cleaned out recommended files The above only cleaned up the computer and did not assist me in identifying the faulty driver on the kernal stack Further once I do Kernel replace driver to on Need Stack faulty identify the faulty driver what do I do Any assistance Need to replace faulty driver on Kernel Stack is appreciated Thanks email protected nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi All Background I spent a whole day re-installing windows -bit and configuring it plus adding my applications and then doing all the updates The following day I spent re-partitioning my secondary HDD's so that I Faulty Adapter or Network Driver Dodgy could have a partition solely for Steam and Origin games totalling nearly a TB and then copying them from their backup to the new partition Everything was working just fine and I left Steam running updates on some of the games however when Dodgy Driver or Faulty Network Adapter I came back to see if the job had finished I discovered it had not and in actual fact it didn't get much further than when I left it but it appeared the connection was lost Under closer examination it turned out that the device manager was indicating a driver or hardware fault with my Belkin N adapter and another device a USB Hub actually a desk fan with a -port USB hub The problem To solve this I initially thought it was the driver so I uninstalled the driver restarted PC installed latest driver but straight away it reported quot Windows could not installed the device quot or whatever it says under a failed device installation Tried a different USB port - same result Next step try the older driver same result Noticing that my hub that was previously working is now not I thought it could be the intel chipset drivers that control the USB ports - however I already had the latest installed Eventually I managed to over write the newer ones with the original drivers that came with my motherboard Restarted PC and re-installed latest network adapter drivers but again failed to install correctly Installed network adapter on laptop OS XP SP -bit with latest drivers - worked perfectly Side Note originally in device manager the name of the adapter appeared but now it just says quot Universal Serial Bus USB controller quot which leads me to believe the adapters at fault yet it works under xp plus my usb hub went at the same time which tends to suggest the USB driver however I have overwritten them Any advice on how to get my adapter usb working Computer Specification Motherboard Asrock Z Extreme CPU i k GHz RAM GB DDR GPU Pallit Geforce GTS MB DDR Green Edition

A:Dodgy Driver or Faulty Network Adapter

Quick Update:
I just looked up issues with Belkin F5D5083 v3 adapter with Windows 7 64-bit and no-one has had any issues after Belkin released "2.0.0.12" Driver Version plus I had no issue with it in my prior windows installation which I had since at least beginning January this year.

Also I have managed to install a cheap network adapter I keep on standby - with no issues to speak of yet.

Quick Update 2:
I believe its a driver issue as a working USB won't even install correctly in the original USB port.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/302331-dodgy-driver-faulty-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi not so long ago I upgraded to windows however i began receiving random BSODs Now why do i think it is a driver problem First up the computer worked fine in windows XP and I have made no hardware faulty help in driver Windows the 7, need locating BSODs changes since Second I tried using the driver verifier tool and when I added all drivers in the verifying process I would get a BSOD on every startup until BSODs in Windows 7, need help locating the faulty driver i disabled driver verification from safe mode stating that I need to replace a faulty driver on the kernel however no mentioning of what driver I tried disabling drivers by standard categories e g old windows drivers everything except Microsoft drivers but with no luck Could it be one of the microsoft drivers Is there no way to log what happens at the BSOD at startup after having added all drivers to driver verifier small thought I have been getting some corrupt data using my computer e g a downloaded file which lead me to think that the problem has something to do with data management or read write to the HDD I included the most recent minidumps thanks for any help at all nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsods-in-windows-7-need-help-locating-the-faulty-driver.909754/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys First post here as I've looked driver kernal stack on BSOD Error: the Faulty on the internet for a couple BSOD Error: Faulty driver on the kernal stack of weeks now and not found a definitive solution to my problem About a month ago I was having problems with my drivers whereby I was crashing in games and sometimes even browsing the internet with a couple of tabs The game would freeze up and then the graphics card would restore itself but crash the game This was usually followed by the blue screen error I am getting now BSOD Error: Faulty driver on the kernal stack soon afterwards I have done a fresh reinstall of Windows and it has been working fine up until two weeks ago whereby I get sporadic blue screens that occur whether I am on a game have Chrome open or if I'm literally just sitting on my desktop doing nothing So far I have tried disabling and deleting the currents settings for the Driver Verifier but has done nothing I am open to any suggestions or ways around this As a side note sometimes when I blue screen my computer will reboot but the monitor will not load up properly I am forced to manually switch off the computer unplug the cable and hold the power button down for a while before plugging it back in and booting it up again however this only happens half of the time I have no idea what causes this Thanks -As a side note if there are any files that I need to attach I should be able to provide them I have attempted to attach one of my crash dumps to this post but cannot get permission to access it even after changing the permissions under its properties Please note that I am by no means an expert with computers so if any technical jargon could be put into simplified terms that would be very much appreciated Thanks again

A:BSOD Error: Faulty driver on the kernal stack

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/290643-bsod-error-faulty-driver-kernal-stack.html
Relevancy 50.74%

system specs Seasonic watts Gigabyte Radeon HD asus A XM-A Micro ATX FM motherboard AMD a - k GhZ quad core It also says faulty driver possible amdkmdap 4101, ID GPU? display Event with R Radeon it's GhZ GB of RAM Used to have GB Description of the crash Freezes the screen for seconds turns off the monitor goes back up pop up on the task bar saying quot Display driver amdkmdap has stopped responding and has succesfully recovered quot Some games crash after that some games continue to work If this happens while chrome browser is open chrome browser will not open up the window and will stay minimized until it's process is killed Things I tried Upgrading RAM Downcloacking Uninstalling old drivers complete whipe then installing new ones Turning off every power saving feature on every device Reinstalling windows Turning off the TDR Things I haven't tried Overvoltage Can't do it because is voltage locked Switching to another GPU because I don't own another one This crash occurs during -switching from steam overlay to an actual game vice versa -after the Event ID 4101, display driver amdkmdap possible faulty GPU? game loads and gets into the main game -turning fullscreen on youtube -pausing the game from menu then resuming the game -very rarely Event ID 4101, display driver amdkmdap possible faulty GPU? while playing the actual game randomly

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/384157-event-id-4101-display-driver-amdkmdap-possible-faulty-gpu.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi people of windows 8,
I am experiencing an issue with a prolific USB serial adapter on win8.1.
Google taught me the adapter works with an older driver but not with the latest one.
I can get it to work with driver version 3.2, but when I reboot, the driver is automatically reset to 3.4 and the adapter stops working. I have to manually modify this every time which obviously is a hassle.
Things I tried: in device manager, right click the device, delete the driver. This only works until the next reboot.
Manually setting the driver to v3.2-> same result.
control panel>software: there is no option to delete version 3.4, only to delete version 3.2

Could anyone tell me how to delete v3.4 definitively and to stop windows from updating to the faulty driver?

A:usb serial driver updates automatically to faulty version

You can try to rollback that driver in device manager (from 3.4 to 3.2). That should work for you and it should be permanent:

Good luck,

my2cents

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/41461-usb-serial-driver-updates-automatically-faulty-version.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi

For about a week now I can't turn my computer off, it will get as far as saying shutting down (after logging off) then crashes with the message

Faulty driver on the kernal stack must be replaced with a working version

It seems to have started around the time it did a windows update but I also reinstalled Itunes around the same sort of time

My computer was built for me last aug and the specs are:

windows 7 home premium 64bit
4gb ram
AMD Athlon II x2 260 processor 3.20ghz
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 1gb
Board: ECS MCP61M-M3 7.0, Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 080015 11/03/2010
Hard drive - Hitachi HDS5C1010CLA SCSI Disk Device (1000.20 GB)
Kaspersky Internet security

I have attached the files from the minidump and system health report

I do have the problem with NVIDIA drivers where they constantly crash although I don't remember that happening since I got the BSOD problem

A:BSOD Faulty driver on the kernal stack must be replaced

Please can anyone help?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224848-bsod-faulty-driver-kernal-stack-must-replaced.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey there I m on a Dell Vostro with Vista SP installed About - weeks ago the HDD decided to pooch itself Miraculously it was able to be recovered wiped and I started again with a blank slate What caused the original wipe is to me shut caused downs driver? faulty Random by unknown I left for the weekend after powering it down and came back to find that It hadn t been tampered with and I kept a clean running virus-free machine Anyways after I installed MSSE for virus protection I went through and Random shut downs caused by faulty driver? did my updates then started to reapply most of my personal applications After I got through some of the more basic ones I decided to try and tackle the ATI Radeon series PCI graphics card in my old box Now before the wipe it worked PERFECTLY I kinda liked it even though it was an ATI Anyways their updating system seems to be botched in the fact that if you don t go in and manually delete the drivers control centre random third party crap they install the updates don t like to work I fought and scrapped with this until I got it barely running with my control centre So after that fiasco it ran fine for about - boot ups After that it started saying that my ATI driver was not compatable with the control centre and vice versa Wasn t this magical About - boot ups after that and the machine would randomly shut down Now when it shuts down I m usually running WoW iTunes and maybe Google Chrome Which the computer before it decided to kill itself would run perfectly fine But now it decides that it needs to shutdown When it does decide to shut down the screen flashes then goes to black The HD light keeps going and the computer itself stays on for seconds or so then it all shuts down What I m wondering is if this is because of the drivers Or because of something that wasn t installed properly Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-shut-downs-caused-by-faulty-driver.962499/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello anyone who can help me.

This week i started getting these and they are sporadic, sometimes happening frequently almost as soon as windows appears. I have used driver sweeper to clean all drivers and this helped for a while. I have now tried to use combofix but this causes the BSOD every time without fail. I have scanned with AVG and Microsoft Essentials and they come up clean, have scanned from both in safe mode and they identified and cleaned a few things but didnt stop the problem. Relevant files are attached, if anyone has some advice it would be much appreciated.

A:BSOD- need to replace faulty driver on kernel stack

Quote: Originally Posted by CoalMarx

Hello anyone who can help me.

This week i started getting these and they are sporadic, sometimes happening frequently almost as soon as windows appears. I have used driver sweeper to clean all drivers and this helped for a while. I have now tried to use combofix but this causes the BSOD every time without fail. I have scanned with AVG and Microsoft Essentials and they come up clean, have scanned from both in safe mode and they identified and cleaned a few things but didnt stop the problem. Relevant files are attached, if anyone has some advice it would be much appreciated.

Driver verified your AVG is the cause. Remove and replave with Microsoft Security essentials

AVG - PC TuneUp 2011 | Registry Cleaner, File Recovery, Internet Accelerator
or
AVG Removal Tool
Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\061611-24882-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (3 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.17592.x86fre.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82a15000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x82b5e4d0
Debug session time: Thu Jun 16 13:46:27.569 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:05.036
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4)
A device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught. This is
because the driver was specified in the registry as being suspect (by the
administrator) and the kernel has enabled substantial checking of this driver.
If the driver attempts to corrupt the system, bugchecks 0xC4, 0xC1 and 0xA will
be among the most commonly seen crashes.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000, caller is trying to allocate zero bytes
Arg2: 00000000, current IRQL
Arg3: 00000000, pool type
Arg4: 00000000, number of bytes

Debugging Details:
------------------

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\avgtdix.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgtdix.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgtdix.sys

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc4_0

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP

PROCESS_NAME: avgnsx.exe

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 82d4bf1f to 82af3f2c

STACK_TEXT:
b74d7a10 82d4bf1f 000000c4 00000000 00000000 nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
b74d7a30 82d5ba31 00000000 00000000 00000001 nt!VerifierBugCheckIfAppropriate+0x30
b74d7a48 82d47b7b 00000080 00000000 b74d7a8c nt!ExAllocatePoolSanityChecks+0xb2
b74d7a7c 82d4774f 00000080 00000000 f24b5357 nt!VeAllocatePoolWithTagPriority+0x68
b74d7a98 8f2f65d0 00000000 00000000 f24b5357 nt!VerifierExAllocatePoolWithTag+0x1e
b74d7ad4 8f242156 ac3d2f68 ad014f68 00000020 afd!WskTdiEHReceive+0xb3
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
b74d7b20 8f2422eb b9538f48 ad02cf30 00000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/170190-bsod-need-replace-faulty-driver-kernel-stack.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I Kernal fast driver - on Stack Faulty CRASHING posted on XP instead of this Forum Please close the XP one as I couldn t figure out how to Sorry Thanks Hi and thank you in advance STOP x C Device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught A faulty driver currently on the kernal stack Faulty driver on Kernal Stack - CRASHING fast must be replaced with a working version Event Viewer - Application Faulty driver on Kernal Stack - CRASHING fast Error Context index on C systemvolumeinformation catalog wci is corrupt I ll attach HijackThis logs Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast setup avast setup C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files ALLTEL DSL Check-up Center bin mpbtn exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http windstream net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run CanonMyPrinter C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe logon O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Global Startup ALLTEL DSL Check-up Center lnk C Program Files ALLTEL DSL Check-up Center bin matcli exe O - Global Startup Digital Line Detect lnk O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-driver-on-kernal-stack-crashing-fast.702662/
Relevancy 50.31%

Edit I found a solution scroll further down nbsp I have been having problems with my new Split x similar to those already explained in the forums by other users The symptoms are as follows Unusual hanging or freezing of the mouse pointer on the screen and temperamental use of gestures two finger scrolling zooming etc Slowing down of computer generally acting sluggish and freezing during only light use and or after screen being closed The symptoms seems to change depending Touchpad 13-m121sa on Faulty x2 Causi... Split Driver Synaptics on the length of time the computer has been switched on and are affected by disconnecting reconnecting the screen from the dock Being quite good with these things I decided to investigate and have uncovered the following The root cause of Faulty Synaptics Touchpad Driver on Split x2 13-m121sa Causi... both of these problems is the Synaptics Touchpad driver While the newest version available from the HP website seems to solve any unusual Faulty Synaptics Touchpad Driver on Split x2 13-m121sa Causi... freezing of the pointer it has a significant memory leak In other words as you move the pointer around the touchpad uses up the computer's memory This is normal but the problem is that the driver for the touchpad Faulty Synaptics Touchpad Driver on Split x2 13-m121sa Causi... does not give the memory back it cannot be reallocated This means after a couple of hours of using the computer or having the screen closed the memory reaches saturation point and the computer grinds to a halt nbsp If you are having the same problem have a look for yourself Open task manager and look at the performance tab Under the Memory heading you will see a value for 'Non-paged pool' With the computer idle this number shouldn't increase but move the mouse around and you will see it gradually go up without returning I have confirmed this to be the Synaptics driver by using the Windows tool poolmon exe - the culprits are Irp and SynT nbsp Regarding solutions I have tried many - but there is no absolute fix You can uninstall the Synaptics Touchpad driver and the problem will go away - no more freezing or high memory usage But without the driver the computer reverts to using the standard Windows driver - therefore there is no multitouch gestures like scrolling or zooming I have tried installing the generic Synaptics driver available from their website and the computer won't allow it Regardless of this I forced the driver install but the generic driver does not work with this Touchpad anyway Error code I have tried the latest version and an older one with no success Even earlier versions e g x x refuse to run on the grounds of incompatibility nbsp HP Support suggest a system 'refresh' back to factory setting but apart from the huge inconvenience of time and losing files - I know this won't work either Apparently a clean install has worked for one user - but for this you need a Windows install disc or USB which I do not have - and I'm sceptical that it would work anyway So now I'm using the standard Windows touchpad driver without being able to scroll zoom or use the swipe-in gestures of Windows If a HP representative is reading this I would strongly suggest that this problem be escalated A simple update from Synaptics could solve this problem which is causing people's computers to freeze up and wasting your support staff's time TL DR HP's Touchpad driver is faulty and causes a memory leak Synaptics own generic drivers do not work And Windows standard drivers are unsatisfactory Solved View Solution

A:Faulty Synaptics Touchpad Driver on Split x2 13-m121sa Causi...

SOLVED!Through my own research I have found a solution. While the official newest driver listed under this model is 17.0.10.9 there is in fact a newer version which does not have this problem: version 17.0.10.16!I am still disappointed that HP didn't suggest this solution themselves, considering this driver was published back in November 2013! HP if you're reading this: please allocate this driver to this model in your support pages. Anyway, the solution is as follows:1. Open the Device Manager (Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Device Manager)2. Under 'Mice and other pointing devices' open 'Synaptics HID TouchPad'3. In the 'Driver' tab click on 'Uninstall'4. The pointer will disappear - reboot the computer5. Download the new driver from here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=uk&lc=en&softwareitem=ob-127354-1(if this link goes down try searching online for 'synaptics driver 17.0.10.16')6. Open and install the driver I hope this helps. HP, please send my consulation fee via PayPal(!)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Faulty-Synaptics-Touchpad-Driver-on-Split-x2-13-m121sa/td-p/4003326
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi and Faulty Stack Solved: CRASHING Kernal on fast - driver thank you in advance STOP x C Device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught A faulty driver currently on the kernal stack must be replaced with a working version Event Solved: Faulty driver on Kernal Stack - CRASHING fast Viewer - Application Error Context index on C systemvolumeinformation catalog wci is corrupt I ll attach HijackThis logs Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast setup avast setup C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe C Program Solved: Faulty driver on Kernal Stack - CRASHING fast Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files ALLTEL DSL Check-up Center bin mpbtn exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http windstream net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run CanonMyPrinter C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe logon O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Global Startup ALLTEL DSL Check-up Center lnk C Program Files ALLTEL DSL Check-up Center bin matcli exe O - Global Startup Digital Line Detect lnk O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Truste... Read more

A:Solved: Faulty driver on Kernal Stack - CRASHING fast

Closing this one and opened a new one under the FORUM Malware & HijackThis. I could not figure out how to just change this one. Sorry for any inconv. Please take a look at my open one as my computer crashes after 5 mins. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-faulty-driver-on-kernal-stack-crashing-fast.702431/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi there as of a driver OS Repairing BSOD's Windows files after corrupted faulty stupid Repairing Windows after faulty driver BSOD's corrupted OS files faulty LAN-driver by Intel Sony I got horrible problems with BSOD's and graphics failures and due to my stupid unsystematic approach it took me a while to fix it Simply Installing Repairing Windows after faulty driver BSOD's corrupted OS files newest ethernet drivers after I found out they were responsible As of now my system Win Pro x is a total wreck can't open either my explorer or my substitute program Directory Repairing Windows after faulty driver BSOD's corrupted OS files Opus opening the context menu crashes the explorer exe and often I just can't left- click on something Problems uninstalling and installing stuff also Now how do I again start amp proceed with the Windows repair without losing any data or having to reformat The awful European Sony support was no help at any time If you're curious to further investigate into my issue I attach you the log file that quot sfc scannow quot download here MB brought as well as the log file of my failed installation try of avast virusscan No I don't have a virus malware checked for that at least Funny enough in safe mode everything works this is also where I installed avast then Should I run any other scans in your opinion I think I'd just should repair it Thanks in advance Kind regards PS I hope assume you don't consider this issue for the BSOD forum as I already fixed it But of course you're free to move it

A:Repairing Windows after faulty driver BSOD's corrupted OS files

Please upload the new .dmp files, so we can see what is going on...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/141767-repairing-windows-after-faulty-driver-bsods-corrupted-os-files.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

Over the past week or so my PC has had a habit of crashing with notably the display switching off immediately and no mini-dumps being created. I decided to see whether a faulty was at work so I ran the driver verifier at least 4 - 5 times. Didn't take long for the results to show up. The system would soon BSOD when I logged in.

The results point towards possible USB driver problems but I don't know what I should do next as I don't want to do an action that can make things worse.

I've ran DM Log Collector and have attached the .zip file (hopefully it has been) to provide some info into this problem.

A:Bccode 0x000000c9: Trouble deciding ourse of action with Faulty Driver

It points to HIDclass which is generally caused by your mouse driver.
Do you have a PS/2 mouse you can try?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/327769-bccode-0x000000c9-trouble-deciding-ourse-action-faulty-driver.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello for the past few years my computer driver help computer Random says error Blue and crashes - faulty Screen - Please Windows Premium crashes randomly The blue screen appears When I restart it everything seems fine but then it crashes again The data dump refers to a faulty device driver Please help - Random Blue Screen and computer crashes - error says faulty driver I opened Device Manager and all of the drivers Please help - Random Blue Screen and computer crashes - error says faulty driver seem fine I am not sure what to do and do not want to start trying to clean this up on my own Any help to resolve this issue is greatly appreciated The last time my computer crashed windows gave me this little error box on restarting The details are as follows- Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode d BCP FFFFF A BCP BCP BCP FFFFF E OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Squayo AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Thank you and have a nice day

A:Please help - Random Blue Screen and computer crashes - error says faulty driver

Did you recently install any windows updates? If so, their optional driver suggestions could have been crappy. I've seen issues where the wireless stops working if you download their optional drivers for it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555533/please-help-random-blue-screen-and-computer-crashes-error-says-faulty-driver/
Relevancy 49.45%

This is what happens After a few hours of operation svchost exe crashes Doesn't matter what I'm doing Gaming surfing you name it Faulting module svchost exe version faulting module unknown version faulty address x A few seconds will pass as I accept and my theme will change from the start blue one to the old grey one in a few seconds and then reset to the standard XP one Here's what I know so far When this happens crashes it takes faulty randomly, Svchost.exe no address, faulty module crashes no Windows Audio and a few other services with it which I have to start again using Run services msc I know which instance contains the Windows Audio Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module service so the problem is Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module most likely with one of the services hosted within that particular instance of Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module svchost I'm a bit lost though I don't know what to do because it doesn't give me an address it doesn't tell me which service is messing up so I need some help I have the windows error log and a decent recollection of what has happened since that error started I got a new X-fi sound card a Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal ty Champion The errors coincide with me installing that card but I can't see how that would mess up like this though http img imageshack us my php image errorspx jpg I don't know if I'm totally off the mark here but is it fair to assume that it is only ONE instance of svchost crashing The screenshot above shows the svchost hosting the services that go down after the crash I have a saved version of the program error log Right click on This Computer administrate System tools Log Program I have searched far and wide on the internet and tried all kinds of solutions Others have had this problem and it has been linked with the quot Automatic Updates quot service but that did nothing for me whether deleted the whole Windows Update service and re-registered the DLLs in short even though I replaced the Windows Update service and everything related to it with fresh copies generated by Windows itself Another related problem I found was the same message and the same symptom svchost crashing some time after a bootup There was a hotfix for this but I'm already using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack which contains this update and others addressing such issues And I have zero malware on this computer Am I looking at a faulty product here Damaged ram Lastly I have a copy of my error log containing about months before this error started http www megaupload com d DVZTRVWR Any help appreciated I'm going mad just from not knowing where exactly the problem lies

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/svchost-exe-crashes-randomly-no-faulty-address-no-faulty-module-370951.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I recently bought a new, 3rd party power cord for my Toshiba Satellite L300 from eBay.
Recently I've noticed that my battery stops charging earlier and earlier. At first it stopped at 87%, then 83%, then 80% all in one week. I've had the computer for about a year which seems a bit early for it to start degrading so fast, so could it be the power cord?

The Toshiba cord says Model: PA-1750-29, Input: 100-240V~ 50-60Hz 1.5A, Output: 19V[solid line above a dotted line]3.95A
The 3rd party cord says Model: PA-34671ACA, Input: 100-240V~1.5A 50/60Hz, Output: 19V[solid over dotted]3.95A

If the new cord is harmful to my battery, I can just solder its input plug onto the Toshiba charger (that's the only bit that was broken) but I'd rather not risk breaking two power cords if I don't need to.

---------------------------------------
Thanks,
Marlon

Relevancy 49.02%

Sorry card? Solved: Faulty graphics Or motherboard? faulty that this is quite long but I want to give complete details as to the problem rather than just giving a vague problem Nvidia GT card has been overclocked for the last year Original Stable OC Before Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? you panic Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? it s been stable and temps have been fine lt My motherboard is a Asus P N-E SLI board The computer is dual boot to Vista for general use and XP x for games ONLY XP IS OVERCLOCKED Vista is not overclocked at all Only the GPU is overclocked in the computer Now the problems started when I moved the computer All the games on x crashed unless I underclocked the machine except UT ancient game which garbled the graphics weapon textures on walls etc I found out it was because somehow the card wasn t plugged in properly - so I pushed it back and I was able to play again Since then sometimes the card is alright and other times it isn t The other day I was playing fallout graphics intensive game for around hours without any problems But right now I boot to vista and within a minute it crashes Other times I was programming not even using graphics and the mouse suddenly has a flickering box around it - then the computer crashes When it crashes the screen goes weird colours like its rendered the screen as bit colours rather than bit and shortly after I get a blue screen with it complaining about a graphics DLL At first giving the card a wiggle in the PCI-E slot fixed it Now I ve discovered that when the garbled graphics come up if I physically push the card upwards in the PCI-E slot whilst the PC is still on they go away by this time the computer has crashed amp so I have to reboot anyway It s nothing to do with the drivers I ve reinstalled them on XP and besides the problem happens on both of the OS on the computer Vista seems to be considerably worse though - XP only crashes once in a while whereas Vista seems to be more unstable If you push the card up quickly sometimes Vista quot recovers quot It says quot the display ddriver stopped responding and has recovered quot or something like that You can then use the computer normally If I push the card down when the computer is working fine the computer crashes Any suggestions whether it s the card or the motherboard I removed the card blew dust off it etc put it back into the machine and the problem still happens although it initially solved it I don t want to spend on a new card to find that it s the MB that s the problem I m wondering if the card is fine since it doesn t have an issue with hours of gaming on a good day If it s a lose connection what can I do about it it s fully pushed into the motherboard If you ve read this far thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I believe drivers? faulty BSOD 116 card or graphics faulty the initial crash was caused by overheating Based on the fact that I have gotten it to work for a short amount of time more on that later Booting up with the drivers for my graphics card enabled causes BSOD to appear but when it is disabled everything is fine I can boot into safe mode and I have already reinstalled windows My motherboard is Asus B M-e and my graphics card is Nvidia EV A GTX How I got it to work for a short amount of time I reinstalled windows and then installed my integrated Ethernet driver After that was out of the way I installed and used driver booster to install the rest of my drivers I then noticed there was a missing driver that the program could not install that was named Simple PCI Controller So I thought I should install that driver using my motherboard's driver installation disk It then worked up until I decided to change the settings in Nvidia Control panel I also do not know how faulty graphics cards behave so it might be my graphics card The game I was playing when this started was Life is Strange if that is needed

A:BSOD 116 faulty graphics card or faulty drivers?

Sorry thought I uploaded this but apparently not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398657-bsod-116-faulty-graphics-card-faulty-drivers.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Okay add to the questions... when i first start my computer up now it says add new hardware and it says something like its searching...... for USB Imaging Device, windows was unable to locate driver for this device..whats this mean?? how do i fix this? I right clicked on my computer, properties, Device manger..there is a yellow ? beside other Devices the the little thing that comes below it has a yellow ? with(!) over it. USB Imaging Device..whats all this mean??? does it have anything to do with why i can install my new modem?
thanks much
Leigh

A:USB Imaging Device, windows was unable to locate driver for this device..whats this m

At some stage recently you have placed a new scanner/digital camera, or the likes of, in your computer. Windows hasn't been able to apply a driver to that device and so it asks you if you want to connect to the internet to try and find a matching driver on the microsoft web site. The problem is easily solved. If you still have the device connected and plan on using it, then grab the CD that came with it and follow the installation instructions on it. If you don't have it connected then go back to the 'my computer' 'properties' into 'device manager'. In there disable the imaging device that has the yellow ! next to it. And hopefully next time you restart, no more problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-imaging-device-windows-was-unable-to-locate-driver-for-this-device-whats-this-m.440902/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have an old Western Digital drive that came with Dell Inspiron One and replaced it after years There are some files I need from it now and I'm trying to connect via usb to sata The WD volume does not show up Device Device not old found driver internal drive from hard WD USB SES I got to device manager and found it listed in in unknown devices and it needs a driver to install Where do I go to find the driver Western digital site basically said that I need to go to the manufactures webstie dell for the driver but once im on dell i see nothing that hints at a Western Digital Driver Here is the Wester Digital info from there site Here is WD SES Device USB Device driver not found from old internal hard drive Dell Website of the model I use drivers section B Dell Inspiron One Drivers Download for Windows XP Vista EDIT I think I found it would it in fact be this driver It is listed on the availale drivers for the model I have after entering my express service code I assume it is but would feel better if someone could confirm this to be true Western Digital WD AALX WD AALX WD AALX WD EALX RPM SATA Firmware UpdateView details R exe Hard-Drive MB

A:WD SES Device USB Device driver not found from old internal hard drive

could installing that drivers mess up my computer. I'm using another similar Hard drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/359253-wd-ses-device-usb-device-driver-not-found-old-internal-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello!

So I did some searching for a way to fix this problem but I believe that my problem is different than the Bluetooth Peripheral Device problem that most people have.

I am NOT trying to connect a cell phone to my laptop. I am not trying to connect anything I don't think (unless my bluetooth mouse counts?).

I have no idea what a Bluetooth Peripheral Device is. I took some screenshots of the messages I receive every time a wake my computer up or turn it on. (1st, smaller picture)

It tries to update a driver but always fails and gives me this. (2nd, larger picture)

The suggestion my laptop gives me is this

There may be an easy solution to this, but I feel really lost right now.

Thanks in advance!

A:Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver Device Unplugged/Not Found

Welcome to SF.

Go to Dell Support
Welcome to Dell Technical Support

Select drivers

Choose whichever option you want to located your 1555 notebook.

Select network
Select Dell Application R226750.exe
This applies to the Wireless 370 mini bluetooth card

And yes, your bluetooth mouse would be a bluetooth peripheral.

Let us know how that goes for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/210625-bluetooth-peripheral-device-driver-device-unplugged-not-found.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,
My integrated speakers and audio port do not seem to be working. It happened after I was playing around with bluetooth trying to get that to work. Now only bluetooth is able to connect. 
So far I have tried:
System restore
Deleting and redownloading audio drivers
Adding legacy hardware for Realtek
ePSA test was able to hear the tones
The audio logo has a red X through it and only the bluetooth headphones drivers appear in device manager. Any ideas what might be the issue and how to solve them? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19991757
Relevancy 48.59%

Not sure which forum category I Driver / Does Why Reinstall via Problems Uninstall Fix Device Device a Manager should use thus using software for Driver Problems Various times to fix a device you can go into Device Manager and uninstall the driver go to top of page click on Actions and click on Search For New Devices I am under the impression this will uninstall the device driver then reinstall the exact same driver code Why does this work It appears that the exact same code is now reinstalled and many times fixes a problem I have used this technique on mouse driver internet driver keyboard driver THis is a good and easy first process to try and make a quick fix Again I am just trying to figure out why it works - Why Does Uninstall / Reinstall a Device Driver via Device Manager Fix Problems I know I am missing something As an ex-programmer trying to figure out why the same code now will work when it had stopped working Why or under what circumstances does the driver code stop working and then why does a reinstall of it at times lets it start working again

A:Why Does Uninstall / Reinstall a Device Driver via Device Manager Fix Problems

The drivers can become corrupted, which is why a re-install will fix the problems.As to how they get corrupted, that's anyone's guess...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522874/why-does-uninstall-reinstall-a-device-driver-via-device-manager-fix-problems/
Relevancy 48.16%

Two times in the last week my monitor (a KDS visual sensations CRT) has come on with the image looking like an hourglass (wide at the top and bottom, pinched in the center). This happened imediately upon boot up and both times rebooting has returned the monitor to normal, leaving the computer running does not bring the problem back. Which is more likely, that my monitor is beginning to fail or maybe my graphics card (a saphire, ATI radeon 7000) is failing? Is there some way (other than swaping my monitor out and trying another as this seems so far to be an intermitent problem and may not arise when a new monitor is conected) to check and see which it may be?

Relevancy 47.3%

I have often wondered if this is the way to go to update a driver VIA device manager.
Don't select install automatically instead select "Don't search I will choose
the driver to install. Usually one is found but when selecting "install automatically
I have never had an updated driver found.

A:Updating device driver through Device Manager

usually if I don't have the disk, I just go to http://www.pcidatabase.com/ and find it there...about the only time that site has let me down was an ancient dell lapper with some archaic sound driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updating-device-driver-through-device-manager.1064590/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everyone,
I was setting default to file extensions and came across a few in which I have no idea what they are for. I've googled them and all I find is 'malware' removal, and what the extension is, which I know that part, but I want to know what it's FOR.
.386 Virtual Device Driver
.a A File
AC3 File
.CRL (the default is Crypto Shell Extensions) is this correct?
.CRT ( ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ same as above)
.DRV (Device Driver)

I'll start with those, I don't want to list them all. ....Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.
Lisa

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/67832-device-associations-386-virtual-device-driver.html
Relevancy 46.87%

i really need some help. i went to hp/compaq website and and downloaded the chipset and graphic drivers and still these drivers remain uninstall-ed in the device manager. I have been reading everything about these boards and i have not found a solution yet! This is a fresh install of xp pro 32, sp3. if anyone out there can help me please do. I greatly need the assistance!

A:I Need Unknown device driver and ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series driver on SR2011WM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-unknown-device-driver-and-ati-radeon-xpress-200-series-driver-on-sr2011wm.994869/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there I'm in a desperate need of help This is the situation sorry for my bad English as always Yesterday I left my PC running with a download in progress through MiPony I told the program MiPony for the first time to shut down the PC at the end of the download Until then the PC had no problem Before going to bed I checked the PC and I saw that it was offThis morning I turned on the PC and I glimpsed a sign that it was starting a scan the only letter I saw was I but I could not stop it The PC failed driver to device \Driver\WUDFRd ROOT\PARAGONBL load for the The is The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ROOT\PARAGONBL turned on regularly Only half an hour later I found out that an entire TB HDD in partitions had disappearedI did some search and found this error The driver Driver WUDFRd failed to load for the device ROOT PARAGONBLOCKDEVICE I tried to reboot but same situation no scan and normal situation but NO drive I checked the event log attached and I see the problem started after different event regarding The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ROOT\PARAGONBL my network connection It's a week that I have to reset the modem router several times a day Event Log Name System Source e iexpress Date - - T Event ID Task N A Level Warning Opcode N A Keyword Classic User N A User Name N A Computer Lio-BigBear Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection Network link is disconnected Event Log Name System Source e iexpress Date - - T Event ID Task N A Level Information Opcode N A Keyword Classic User N A User Name N A Computer Lio-BigBear Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection Network link has been established at Gbps full duplex Event Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client Date - - T Event ID Task N A Level Warning Opcode Info Keyword N A User S- - - User Name NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE Computer Lio-BigBear Description Name resolution for the name by storage live com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Event Log Name System Source Service Control Manager Date - - T Event ID Task N A Level Information Opcode N A Keyword Classic User S- - - User Name NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer Lio-BigBear Description The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was changed from demand start to auto start Event Log Name System Source Service Control Manager Date - - T Event ID Task N A Level Information Opcode N A Keyword Classic User S- - - User Name NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer Lio-BigBear Description The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was changed from auto start to demand start Event Log Name System Source Service Control Manager Date - - T Event ID Task N A Level Information Opcode N A Keyword Classic User S- - - User Name NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer Lio-BigBear Description The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was changed from demand start to auto start And here you go with the disk error Event Log Name System Source disk Date - - T Event ID Task N A Level Error Opcode N A Keyword Classic User N A User Name N A Computer Lio-BigBear Description The device Device Harddisk DR has a bad block Event Log Name System Source disk Date - - T Event ID Task N A Level Error Opcode N A Keyword Classic User N A User Name N A Computer Lio-BigBear Description The device Device Harddisk DR has a bad block Event Log Name System Source disk Date - - T Event ID Task N A Level Error Opcode N A Keyword Classic User N A User Name N A Computer Lio-BigBear Description The device Device Harddisk DR has a bad block Event Log Name System Source disk Date - - T Event ID Task N A Level Error Opcode N A Keyword Classic User N A User Name N A Computer Lio-BigBear Description The device Device Harddisk DR has a bad block Event Log Name System Source storahci Date - - T Event ID Task N A Level Warning Opcode N A Keyword Classic User N A User Name N A Computer Lio-BigBear Description Reset to device D... Read more

A:The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ROOT\PARAGONBL

I was just looking in the Device Manager for my drive problem and noticed a new entry called "User-mode block device" containing a device named "Block device mounter" which reports that "This device is working properly" and then:

Device ROOT\PARAGONBLOCKDEVICE\0000 was configured.

Driver Name: oem50.inf
Class Guid: {54F3637B-4777-4F96-970C-6BFA5477B542}
Driver Date: 07/14/2015
Driver Version: 1.0.0.1
Driver Provider: Paragon Software Group
Driver Section: blockmounter
Driver Rank: 0xFF0000
Matching Device Id: WUDF\ParagonBlockDev
Outranked Drivers:
Device Updated: true

and seems to be my error, but I cannot understand.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/35422-driver-driver-wudfrd-failed-load-device-root-paragonbl.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I tried to update my older Radeon ATI 5450 GPU via windows update...

I received the message from windows update, and showed it failed update with the 0x800706be

However when I go to device manager and check the details of the installed driver it clearly shows the new updated version? So I wonder which is correct the device manager showing the new version of the driver or windows update?

A:Failed Update 0x800706be driver...but device mgr shows updated driver?

You can identify the problem using Device Manager, which you can access by:
Opening the Control Panel Window
Selecting and double-clicking System
Clicking Device Manager
In Device Manager check if there is an exclamation point, a yellow triangle, or a question mark against your Dell device. If there is, there is a problem with your Dell device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/397644-failed-update-0x800706be-driver-but-device-mgr-shows-updated-driver.html
Relevancy 46.87%

im using now a sound driver default "High Definition Audio Device"Driver
do i need to uninstall it first before changing to realtek sound drivers??
and how do i uninstall it in safest way??and was there an option to undo if something goes wrong??

im using windows 7 ultimate 32bit. ..

A:Asking :SOUND DRIVER High Definition Audio Device Driver

That is the default Windows audio driver, and I don't think it can be uninstalled. Best is to not worry about it and just install the Realtek driver.

Quote:
and was there an option to undo if something goes wrong??

Uninstall the Realtek driver or do a system restore to before you installed it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/151429-asking-sound-driver-high-definition-audio-device-driver.html
Relevancy 46.87%

In My Device Manager appears a exclamation mark next to the SCSI/RAID Host Controller

LIKE THIS

AND WHEN I CLICK IN PROPERTIES APPEARS THIS
I ALREADY CLICK IN TROUBLESHOOT
AND ONLY THIS APPEARS

How can I fix this??? I really need help to fix this
Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-load-the-device-driver-for-this-hardware-the-driver-may-be-corrupted.847646/
Relevancy 46.87%

This has been a problem for over a year now identical PCs running identical images with identical keyboards Some have the problem some do not and it's incredibly unpredictable PCs are HP Compaq Elite SFF running Windows x driver The ideas Out \Driver\kbdhid for failed the load device of to - Professional People will be working at their PC hear the USB disconnect sound and their keyboard will become unusable for seconds An Event with ID is created in the Event Log Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date - - T Out of ideas - The driver \Driver\kbdhid failed to load for the device Event ID Task N A Level Warning Opcode Info Out of ideas - The driver \Driver\kbdhid failed to load for the device Keyword N A User xxxxx User Name NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer xxxxx Description The driver Driver kbdhid failed to load for the device HID VID F amp PID amp c d amp amp For those affected the frequency of the error runs anywhere from times a day to once every few weeks Re-imaging the PC has no effect but that same image running on another PC with the same hardware can run without ever experiencing the problem The system I use has not experienced the problem once in over a year I have rebuilt the image from scratch and pushed it out to a group of people experiencing the error It seemed to resolve it for a few months and then the errors inexplicably came back I've tried replacing the keyboards with completely different models Again it seemed to resolve it for a while and then it came back Moving the keyboard to different physical ports has no effect Turning off USB power saving has no effect The mouse never has a similar issue I have not been able to recreate the issue with the default factory image from HP but aside from all the pre-installed garbage that image cannot be used with our license to image through WDS It is also not practical to determine if the problem actually does not exist in their image or if it is one of the many cases where the problem is just not occurring Many times I've thought I've had a resolution to the problem only to have it come back weeks later HP support has been no help since we can't point to the issue happening with their image The keyboard shows in Device Manager as quot HID Keyboard Device quot using the driver files kbdclass sys and kbdhid sys Searching Google shows many other people experiencing the issue but not a single applicable solution Any suggestions

A:Out of ideas - The driver \Driver\kbdhid failed to load for the device

I know this may sound simple; but have you tried completely uninstalling the keyboard from device manager; then let windows reinstall it? That may fix the issue. If not then post back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/330234-out-ideas-driver-driver-kbdhid-failed-load-device.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) <-- This god for shaken message is stopping me from enjoying my computer.

The driver is MAT****A DVD-RAM UJ-861H ATA Device

And that up there is the error message, i havnt downloaded anything i just pressed the button on the cd/dvd drive and my computer shut down and when i turned it back on nothing it it worked.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Im practilly computer illiterate so please be easy on the big words and stuff =]

A:Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted

Please try the steps below:

1. Uninstall all third-party burning software, such as Nero and Roxio.

2. Perform a Clean Boot to test the result.

Clean Boot

========
a. Click Start, type "MSCONFIG" (without the quotations) in the Search Bar and Press "Enter" to start the System Configuration Utility.

Note: Please click Continue if the "User Account Control" window pops up.

b. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).
c. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".
d. Restart the computer and test the issue.

Note: Clean Boot is a troubleshooting step. If some programs have been disabled, we can re-enable them later. If you see the System Configuration Utility, check the box of "Don't show this message" and then click "OK".

Please test this issue in the Clean Boot environment. If the issue disappears, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

If the issue persists, please contact your computer manufacturer to check if the DVD drive is damaged.

If not, you may need to restore the system to its factory settings.

Hope it helps.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/203723-windows-cannot-load-device-driver-hardware-driver-may-corrupted.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello everyone, I'm new here and after searching without finding i am asking for your help.
I have just updated from Me to Xp update install,all is working fine except the sound card drivers won't load and in the device manager it says
'Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)'.next to my 'Creative Audigy Audio Processor(WDM)
My system is:

a7v8x-x asus MB
amd sempron 2500+ socket A processor
audigy platinum ex
512 MB RAM
I have updated the MB and the Processer Bios,I have installed sp2for XP,
I have tried to follow 'instructions' from Creative Support etc.
I really need some advice.
Thanks
Kurt

Go to the sound card makers web site and DN the latest XP drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-load-the-device-driver-for-this-hardware-the-driver-may-be-corrupted.320273/
Relevancy 46.87%

In My Device Manager appears a exclamation mark next to the SCSI/RAID Host Controller

LIKE THIS

AND WHEN I CLICK IN PROPERTIES APPEARS THIS
I ALREADY CLICK IN TROUBLESHOOT
AND ONLY THIS APPEARS

How can I fix this???
Any help is greatly appreciated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-load-the-device-driver-for-this-hardware-the-driver-may-be-corrupted.847642/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi Since the event viewer Event ID Task Category has been posting a warning The driver Driver WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot UMB amp driver load \Driver\WUDFRd for The failed error the device... to c b amp amp STORAGE VOLUME USBSTOR DISK amp VEN followed by name of USB device It only occurs on start up if I have a USB memory device plugged into a USB port The USB memory device functions perfectly and the error never occurs when I plug in and out a memory device after boot up The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device... error The error only occurs for memory devices like memory sticks external USB hard drive does not cause this error Checking back to around the I see nothing that I have changed installed that might indicate something that has caused this No other Windows failures or issues Booting a second hard drive with windows on the same system I have this second installation for testing faults etc the issue does NOT occur From checking forums and searching I have found a few others with this issue and a few articles on its cause WUDFRd failed to load for the device Event ID is logged after you install Windows or Windows Server R I was just curious as to why it would suddenly start occurring after a particular date when as far as I can tell I have not made any changes to anything around this date Also I wondered if there was a fix to stop this other than removing a memory stick before boot up Any thoughts

A:The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device... error

I just started getting this exact same error message logged in Event Viewer when I plug a USB stick into a USB port. It happens with two different sticks from two different manufactures, but it does not happen every time I plug them in. It seems that it may mostly happen the first time I plug a stick in after I have booted up my PC.

Have you been able to find a solution to get these error codes to stop logging?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/268212-driver-driver-wudfrd-failed-load-device-error.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi
i have a couple of weeks ago installed windows and i just got bsod crash and this was the only error in the event viewer
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_GENERIC&PROD_USB_CF_READER&REV_1. 01#18E3312D81B&1#.

after looking at the minidump i thought it was due to a usb vidio/audio capture device so i tried updating the drivers and windows update couldnt find any and i cant find any online.

could some one help me and check my dump file to see if im right.
thanks

A:The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device error

Hi bftdsh.

A stray crash dump is not enough. Click on the button below ....

It will download the DM log collector. Right click on the application and run as administrator. It will generate a .zip file on your desktop. Upload the .zip.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/344379-driver-driver-wudfrd-failed-load-device-error.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Please help me. For both of my cd/dvd rom drives I get the following error: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device. How can I fix this?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

thisismyuser

A:Solved: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be co

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-cannot-load-the-device-driver-for-this-hardware-the-driver-may-be-co.177987/
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm getting this error once a day, where my computer crashes, and the only way to turn it off is to reset it and turn off my charger so I can turn it on again. What can I do?

A:The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device

anyone?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/66965-driver-driver-wudfrd-failed-load-device.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have this computer what for some reasons wont install USB Smartcard readers.
Its Win7 64.
I have tried different smartcards but they wont help, also i tried to install drives manually but still wont work. I uninstalled and installed drivers many times.

Also i tried, but didnt work:
Change the 'Windows Driver Foundation - User-Mode Driver Framework' from 'Manual' to 'Automatic'.

Also the error from events.
http://i.imgur.com/hP7Mu3L.jpg

I found something like this.
https://svn.eesti.ee/projektid/idkaa...r/atrfiltr.inx

Should i try it or would it be easier to just format the computer. Its a work pc and it wont take long time, there isnt that much stuff on it.

A:The driver \Driver\atrfiltr failed to load for the device...

Update Chipset and USB controller Driver.
It would be helpful if you can send us a screenshot of Device Manage while Card reader is connected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/367645-driver-driver-atrfiltr-failed-load-device.html
Relevancy 46.44%

At Windows startup the The ....... for \Driver\WudfRd device failed to driver load this Warning appears in my Event Log as Event ID The driver Driver WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD WPDBUSENUM a c The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ....... b - b - e - c - e f e I know why this happens The device in the message is an internal SATA AHCI hard drive All AHCI drives even internal ones are considered removal or hot swapable It even causes the safely remove icon to appear sort of like it was a USB drive It happened on Windows x Don't remember if it happened on Windows I can't make any changes in my BIOS to make it not hot swapable as there is no option for this drive The fix to get rid of the message in W was to modify the Service 'Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework' Changing the Startup type from Manual to Automatic fixed the problem However on Windows this method does not work I can't disable the Service as it's needed for other devices Just wondering if anyone found a nice clean way to get rid of the warning message like in W

A:The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device .......

I have the same issue. I have upgraded from Win 7 home, had some issues so I did a clean install of Win 10 home, and I also tried changing the Windows Driver Foundation - User Mode Driver Framework from manual to auto and same as you it did not work. And, Yes, I have downloaded and installed all of the latest driver/firmware from my manufacturer for all my hardware but still have this issue.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/13586-driver-driver-wudfrd-failed-load-device.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Full event error: The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device {C5A047D8-CB5B-40E9-B9E3-316AB06B5A18}\WirelessKeyboardFilter`

Driver environment:
Windows 10 x64 desktop
I have a wireless Microsoft mouse
I do not have a Microsoft wireless keyboard
I have the associated transceiver that should work for both (if installed)

This problem started when my Microsoft wireless mouse driver was updated to version 1.0.102.0 (dated 3/16/2016).
This driver update also appears to be responsible for a few other device errors as well:

I believe this new driver assumes you have a wireless keyboard (without checking) and just tries to load a driver for it.

My temporary fix is/was to rollback the driver to the previous Microsoft version 10.0.10586.0 (dated 6/21/2006):

Anyone else run across this condition or have a known solution using the latest driver?

Thanks,

aardvark

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/57438-driver-driver-wudfrd-failed-load-device.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Apparently I am one of many who seem to be having this issue And just like everybody else I turned to Google for some answers Here is my scenario perhaps gregrocker could point me in the right direction I am running on a laptop with the following specs Dell Studio -bit Vista Home Premium SP Intel Core Duo T GHz GB SATA HDD RPM GBs of RAM ATI Mobility Radeon HD x Slot Load CD DVD Burner Dual Layer DVD -R Drive I downloaded the iso image of Windows through the software program at Penn State and burned it to a DVD When I restart my computer and boot off of the DVD drive I get Driver: HELP! Driver: Load Drive Required Device CD/DVD the Windows Installation interface As the setup begins I get an error message that says quot Load Driver quot across the top of the window and says quot A required CD DVD Drive Device Driver is missing quot I tried a few things to circumvent this issue I swapped out the installation CD with one of the CD's that came with my laptop that contains all of my device drivers It found one compatible driver for the ATA ATAPI Controller and despite selecting it and hitting next it didn't work I took the service tag from my laptop downloaded each and every driver that it's associated with burned it to an iso and swapped Load Driver: Required CD/DVD Drive Device Driver: HELP! THAT out when I tried to install Again nothing happened I mounted the iso onto an GB Cruzer and made a bootable flash drive Upon trying the install again I had the same problem I tried to burn the image again on another DVD-R and got the same problem I am completely out of options and have no idea what to do Ideas Any help would be appreciated

A:Load Driver: Required CD/DVD Drive Device Driver: HELP!

Try extracting the ISO to Vista desktop to run Setup from there.

You can locate the driver in Vista's Device Manager SATA controller Driver info tab.

The fact that it would duplicate the error for USB flash install sounds like a malfunction.

Try removing 2 gb of RAM.

Check BIOS version to see if you have the latest.

Checksum the HASH of the ISO you downloaded to confirm it here: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/0...vd-iso-images/

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/48340-load-driver-required-cd-dvd-drive-device-driver-help.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Warning This is gonna be messy Okay So I have a HP dv with Windows Vista Home Premium Over the past six months it has been suffering from hard drive issues resulting in crashes The remedy to fix the crashed windows driver 1: device cd/dvd 7 Reincarnation driver) (option hard drive Reincarnation (option 1: windows 7 cd/dvd driver device driver) has been to do a complete system restore by booting the computer hitting F and doing a COMPLETE SYSTEM RECOVERY to factory settings However this last time I went to recover to factory settings I got a message saying Error - Contact HP if this persists Long story short I have now warranty and do not want to get the hardware fixed nor the software looked at I am happy with a barely functioning computer as I have a desktop I primarily use I am also a student in the School of Business at a state university and we have a partnership with Microsoft for free product downloads With that said I have had the pleasure of using Windows Professional for quiet some time on my desktop Now I want to just reinstall Windows on my laptop - whether its vista xp or That said I have all three ISO's burned to a CD and LEGAL CD KEYS to use with them XP had a partition issue that I haven't spent much time with and windows vista wont recognize my cd key that came with the laptop THIS IS THE ONLY CD KEY I DID NOT GET ONLINE FOR I HAVE ONE LEGALLY VIA MY COMPUTER PURCHASE For that reason I moved on to Windows I go to install it and the first thing that comes up in that windows needs to install a cd dvd driver device driver It will allow me to use any means necessary but I do not know what to give it to make it happy I have looked else where and for reasons listed above I deem this the easiest solution - granted I could be wrong I am an Information Technology student so I have knowledge of computers to a reasonable extent So please what can I do to bring this thing back to life Thanks

A:Reincarnation (option 1: windows 7 cd/dvd driver device driver)

hi there,

2 months back i had a similar problem when i wanted to install win 7 for the first time on my desktop. i changed the DVD drive and it worked fine. the earlier model of the DVD drive was purchased in early 2007. lack of firmware update can make a difference.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/reincarnation-option-1-windows-7-cd-dvd-driver-device-driver-423563.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone I just bought myself a new barebones computer and it doesn't have the driver for the ETHERNET CONNECTION or the USB WIFI ADAPTER I shows driver driver? - still Computer. Ran installer device no New purchased for it The problem here is that I ran the installer for the WIFI adapter right off of the CD that it came with and restart the computer as New Computer. Ran driver installer - device still shows no driver? instructed but after restarting the WIFI adapter still shows that it has no driver in the device manager I took like - screenshots of what I am New Computer. Ran driver installer - device still shows no driver? seeing on my computer to try and make this easier to solve Please view attached files I don't understand why the installer for the driver wouldn't naturally connect the driver with the device that it was meant for I am on my laptop right now but can't connect to the internet with my new desktop because there is no Ethernet driver and my WIFI driver apparently isn't correlating with the device it was meant for Please help someone

A:New Computer. Ran driver installer - device still shows no driver?

Hello, and Welcome to BC
Right click each device in Device Manager. Select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware Ids. Copy and post the first line from each device.

Is Windows 7 32bit or 64bit?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599271/new-computer-ran-driver-installer-device-still-shows-no-driver/
Relevancy 45.58%

i cannot find any drivers for bluetooth controller and pci device

A:bluetooth controller driver and pci device driver for hp 15 ...

Hi, PCI:http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69592.exe Bluetoothhttp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65501-66000/sp65805.exe If they do not work, attach the Hardware IDs, check: How to easily find drivers for Unknown Devices in Windows

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/bluetooth-controller-driver-and-pci-device-driver-for-hp-15/td-p/5751066
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

On a fresh clean Windows 8 image, my software driver (signed) installs fine and shows up properly in the Device Manager. However once i uninstall it , subsequent reinstalls show up as 'Unknown Device' in the Device Manager.

From the device details, I find that it refers to /looks for the .inf file in c:\windows\inf folder but the file itself is missing from the location. The FileRepository has all the required files. But trying to update from there also fails.

Could anyone help me with troubleshooting this problem. What could be going wrong.

Thx,
Gita

A:Device manager shows "Unknown Device" on reinstallation of driver

Please fill your system specs to get help efficiently.
What is your computer make/model?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/9796-device-manager-shows-unknown-device-reinstallation-driver.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi There ,

I just reformatted my Gateway NV54 laptop with windows Vista on it.
My sound is working fine but my microphone is not working at all. I have tried both the inbuilt mic and an external one.
I downloaded the latest audio driver from http://support.gateway.com/product/default.aspx?modelId=2376 which is the conexant 4.98.9.0. (x84)

When I run the driver setup it just says "Driver installation failed: Could not find the device for this driver."
I am confused because as far as I know because my sound is working that means my audio driver working?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1976 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 796 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 295242 MB, Free - 152804 MB;
Motherboard: Gateway , SJV50MV , Rev , LXWDH0X007931B5DEC2200

A:Audio Driver not working "Could not find device for this driver" Gateway laptop

Could not find the device for this driver

That error message suggests to me that you're trying to install the wrong driver for that sound device.
Please double-check on the Gateway website, there may be a choice of two or more audio drivers for that model, depending on what hardware was available at the factory when your laptop was assembled.

If there is a choice, you may have downloaded the wrong one or selected a laptop model which is not exactly the same as yours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-driver-not-working-could-not-find-device-for-this-driver-gateway-laptop.991540/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I m trying to reinstall my sister s scanner driver because XP has decided that it s not there any more This happens occasionally and usually reinstalling the driver fixes it I think that s what I did last time but this time i just can t get it to work If i unplug the USB cable then plug it in again it comes up with a message saying that the device has malfunctioned and it doesn t recognize it I have the driver CD but windows always manages to install it as quot Unknown device quot before i can tell it to search the CD I ve tried telling it to reinstall the driver from - Stubborn Device" and "Unknown "Malfunctioned Scanner Device" Driver the CD but it says that there are quot no better matches for this device quot I ve also tried uninstalling the program form the Stubborn Scanner Driver - "Malfunctioned Device" and "Unknown Device" CD and reinstalling it then restarting the pc but that didn t help either I tried plugging it into another USB port as suggested by Windows Help Center but that still didn t work It s not often that something like this gets me in a circle and scratching my head but I m really starting to run out of ideas Any help would be very appreciated i just want to get this thing running again nbsp

A:Stubborn Scanner Driver - "Malfunctioned Device" and "Unknown Device"

Could it be that the scanner really did die?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stubborn-scanner-driver-malfunctioned-device-and-unknown-device.93409/
Relevancy 41.28%

ok i need the mtp device driver, windows xp, but i cant download from microsoft (cough, genuine verification, cough). any help would be great

A:mtp device driver

I'm going to "cough" close this thread and refer you to the TSG Rules, we don't provide assistance with pirate software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mtp-device-driver.500143/
Relevancy 41.28%

Today must've been the longest day of my life. I've been searching the whole day for the PCI Multimedia Audio Device Driver and I still haven't found it. None of my CD's have it. And please don't tell me driversguide.com. They don't have it either, so if anyone knows where I can find this driver, please let me know. In the meantime I am stuck with no sound. Your help would be highly appreciated.

A:Device Driver

You need drivers for your sound card. You need to find out exactly what sound card you have and then it may be possible to find them. If you have you sound card installation disk just install the drivers off of it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-driver.34845/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all, my sister is having a problem with her laptop. Shes got a Sony Vaio PCG-R505JL with Windows XP and her CD/DVD ROM is not working. Its a Sony i.LINK DVD-ROM Drive IEEE SBP2 device. Ive went to sony to find a driver and cant find one. Ive tried deleting the driver for it and restarting windows and that didnt work either. Any one know where i can find a driver for this?
Thanks in advance for your help

Relevancy 41.28%

recently my cd/dvd player has quit working, i went to the device manager and went to DVD/CD-rom and it showed the drive with a ! in side a triangle of yellow and stated, Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

i clicked "check for solutions" and nothing came back then on to the driver tab then update driver it said i had the current update should i uninstall the driver and reinstall it? , if so how do i do it i am not quite clueless to doing things like this but i have never done it. my computer is a gateway about a yr or so old with vista home. any help would be greatly appeciated

thanks, chuck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/device-driver-222502.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi Folks

I keep getting the following message:

Device driver fo the communication port (COM2) device

if the problem persists I may need to update or replace driver.

Can anyone help

Cheers

Earl

Install or update your motherboard drivers.

Courtney

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-driver.763092/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am attempting to get a dos game going with my W98 pc and am trying to locate the details of the dos CD rom device driver so that I can add it to the config.sys parameters in the advanced properties section of the icon. All the material that I have suggests that I get this detail from the config .sys file but I can't access this. Any suggestions on how I can get this info?

A:CD rom device driver

go to the windows msdos prompt, cd\ should bring you to c:\. type edit config.sys and the file should open as text. Or in win 98 go to start run type sysedit and this will open all sys files in system editor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-device-driver.36071/
Relevancy 41.28%

grinthumb Hi I m pretty new here i just seen this site from google and i see that im pretty related to these guys the problem happens whenever i play GAMES my graphic card is Name SiS M Manufacturer SiS Chip Type SiS Rev System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack I don t nkow what other information to give to you except when i got this blue screen A problem has been detected and Windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL If this is the first time you ve seen this stop DEvice Driver.. error screen restart DEvice Driver.. your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need If problem continues disable or remove any new installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select advanced start up options and then select Safe Mode Technical Information STOP X A X FF X FF X X DA B Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance this is about it please help and thanks nbsp

A:DEvice Driver..

Welcome to the club , just zip the minidumps in \windows\minidump and post them here, but judging from my case, the culprit can be anything, from faulty driver to bad PSU, MB, RAM, or CPU. If u have another perfectly working machine, try to swap PSU, RAM, or CPU to know which one's the bad one.

Good luck, u'll need it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/device-driver.31512/
Relevancy 41.28%

Is there a way to check all the device drivers on my computer? I just did a format of the drive and got all the latest drivers, but still my computer shuts down on a regular basis. WINXP tells me its a device driver but I can't figure out what it is?

A:device driver

what error are you getting? If it pops of the screen too fast, right click on my computer, go to the advanced tab, click on startup and recovery, and untick 'auto restart'......then post the error, as that will tell you what device driver is causing it.

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-driver.414764/
Relevancy 41.28%

What do I do about the following msg?? "The device driver for the SCSI/RAID Host Controller device is preventing the machine from entering standby. You may need to update this driver."

I bought a new cpr with Win XP and had to download new drivers for my printer and scanner. They only had Win 98 drivers. They are working fine now but I am getting the above msg. Help please. Thank you

The Win98 drivers are the issue. That scanner is too old for XP.Read the suggestions here: 'SCSI/RAID Host Controller'

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/78308/device-driver/
Relevancy 41.28%

Dear Everybody,

My computer doesn't support some drivers with Windows 8 Pro. Could u tell me how to find drivers?

Best regard,

You should be able to get drivers from the hardware manufacturer's website. Please fill in your specs so that we can point you in the right direction.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/17663-device-driver.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I receive an error when trying to dial into my ISP. It utimately takes me to Device Manager where I have an exclamation point by the SCSI Controller, Iomega Parallel Port Zip Interface. It tells me I need an updated driver. I don't know where to find this driver. Can anyone help?

A:device driver

What exactly does the error message say?

------------------
"These Mexican minutes get longer and longer as the days go by...."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-driver.35500/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello All I just joined this forum and it seems like a lot of friendly people are active answering questions My question relates to these drivers PCI Simple Communications Controller - VEN amp DEV C A amp SUBSYS B amp REV amp amp amp B was configured SM Bus Controller - Device PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS B amp REV amp amp amp FB was configured I've looked into where these come from and Help Driver Device found the PCI was from Intel Although Intel's tool doesn't recognize that I need any updates along with Windows not automatically updating the driver I think some background information Device Driver Help will be helpful for those who would like it I was having problems with my computer w BSOD's and I ran a memtest and found that my memory is running just fine I bought Windows w update included to do a clean install and so far haven't had any BSOD's I'm writing down everything I do to the PC update drivers add drivers install programs etc in a journal as I'm nervous to run into these problems again Slowly adding programs and devices and recording them should help I'd also like to know if incorrectly installing or even correctly installing updates to these drivers would cause problems like BSOD's Obviously I would like to have all my devices and drivers up-to-date But if you've heard of any causing problems feel free to give me a heads up Also any advice on adding new drivers printers old dell speakers audio mixers external hard drives would be most welcomed But I can always address those issues in other threads First time using Windows and a decently powerful desktop Thank you

A:Device Driver Help

I suggest getting the free or paid version of Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - Information and download

Also DriverMax

I use the paid version.

I just made a video of it if you would care to see it---

One day I'll be able to make better videos.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/52066-device-driver-help.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey guys if you look at my old post I have the same problem as before, but it isnt a video problem, at least I dont think so, this happens when I watch videos, or do anything that has to do with videos such as windows movie maker or use media player, anyways, I keep getting this page http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=e2b90e0b-33cf-4e7c-b0d9-190622ed48ee&SID=10.....My question is, how do I find out which device driver is causing the error so I will stop getting to msny unexpected restarts/freezes?

Thanks,
April

Relevancy 41.28%

Laptop is a Dell Insnspiron 17 7000 Series
Updated to windows 10, had some problems after a few months so did a clean install of everything.
I was missing lots of drivers so entered my laptop number and dell showed me all drives from my machine.
after downloading and installing them all the only one that has not been fixed is a PCI Deviice.
PCI Slot 3 (PCI bus 7, device 0, function 0), that is the only information I can see from properties.

any help onb which driver would fix this ??

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987271
Relevancy 41.28%

I ran a test, and I am now looking at Device Manager.

DVD/CD-ROM > HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT51N ATA Device (The device has a upside down triangle on it with a ! mark).

Network Adapters > Teredo Tunneling Psuedo-Interface (This device also has the same thing as I mentioned above).

Can I fix this problem? I don't have the money to carry it to a shop right now.

A:Device Driver Help?

Everything else checked out fine, except for these drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348673-device-driver-help.html
Relevancy 41.28%

just got a web cam c-video mail thing well apparently the device driver doesnt come on the cd so i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get the device driver for VLSI Vision Ltd PPC2 Camera because i have looked everywhere and cant find it so help is greatly appreciated thank u

A:device driver????

muscles2386 said:

just got a web cam c-video mail thing well apparently the device driver doesnt come on the cd so i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get the device driver for VLSI Vision Ltd PPC2 Camera because i have looked everywhere and cant find it so help is greatly appreciated thank uClick to expand...

Apparently this device is no longer supported. Doing a quick search yielded one of the 'free driver' sites..

http://www.video-drivers.com/drivers/75/75145.htm

They require you to register (for free) but be careful as I can not verify this site directly.

They file you need is pp2146XV.exe so perhaps do your own search on Google. Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-driver.312224/
Relevancy 41.28%

Keep getting kicked off due to an error of device driver and too much space taken on C drive and cannot run defrag

A:Device driver

Welcome to TSF

Please provide the EXACT error message. Also how much much free space is left on your hard drive?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/device-driver-512738.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm using Win XP Pro with an Intel D101GGC motherboard and in the device manager it says that it can't find a driver for a PCI Device that I can't figure out what it is. Nothing seems to be working any worse, but it's still frustrating. Any ideas?

A:Pci Device Driver

Have you done a custom windows update yet? This will can be used to detect and download most drivers for XP.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93978/pci-device-driver/
Relevancy 41.28%

They are not installed on my computer and I cannot find any for free. Anyone have any advice?

Relevancy 41.28%

i dont have a clue what type of modem i have but i know windows tells me that i have a new pci device installed yet i cant use my dial up modem because i dont know what type it is ...al i know is it is a 56k v 90 modem but brand i dont know and what driver i need i dont know please help

Relevancy 41.28%

Hello, starting today out of the blue, my USB device driver can't detect my USB device. I am getting error messages saying, Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43). It also tells me, the device driver software was not installed correctly but, I have been using a USB adapter for my phone to my laptop for a few months now and never had to install any software or any problems in the first place. I just, plug it into the USB port and go.

What should I do? Uninstall the USB device driver and re-install it

Please help?

A:USB device driver

do a usb reset

in the device manager click on view at the top and in the dropdown
show hidden devices
then uninstall all listed usb items
turn the computer off
unplug usb plugs
reboot twice
replug in the usb plugs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-device-driver.1086148/
Relevancy 41.28%

PCI Device Driver can anyone help? PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_522A&SUBSYS_818F103C&REV_01PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_522A&SUBSYS_818F103CPCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_522A&CC_FF0000PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_522A&CC_FF00

A:PCI Device driver

Please try downloading and installing the Realtek Card Reader Driver from the Windows 10 driver section of your computer's support page. Under release notes, it lists support for Windows 7 64-bit. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/PCI-Device-driver/td-p/5701667
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a NEC CD-RW NR-9200A cd rom drive and I want to update the driver. I tried going to the NEC web site but could not find the drive listed and for all the ones I looked at they ask for a CD to put in the drive and install. Is there anywhere I can download updated drivers for the CD drive? According to the computer info the provider was Microsoft in 7.1.2001 and the version is 5.1.2535.0. I'm following this path because my drive is acting erratically or not at all but with some programs it works perfectly well.

A:Driver for CD-RW device

No drivers are need or required for those devices. The OS and motherboard support them natively. Companies stopped making drivers for them many years ago.

You may be able to find updated "firmware" for the drive that increases the number of supported formats or speeds.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/driver-for-cd-rw-device.648169/