Windows Support Forum

Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU

Q: Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU

I need help Okay so I hooked up all my parts last night with issue 560ti Crosshair and Video V Asus GPU to my ASUS Crosshair Formula V mobo and Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU when I boot it will not show any video whatsoever No beeps no video no nothing I have a ti in there right now because I wanted to test it before my new came in that I ordered yesterday Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU just wanted to see if the mobo was functional and all my other components were working Does anyone know why I would be getting no video I was thinking maybe I need to reset Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU the CMOS Some people told me to check the BIOS but how do I do that if I have zero video on my screen Any help would be great as I am at wit s end with this stupid computer it has not run right since I moved and it is extremely frustrating putting all this time and money into this thing with no results I used to have a Corsair Liquid CPU cooler but the pump died and I finally got fed up with Liquid Coolers and went with a Noctua heat sink instead Going to do some more testing after work but was hoping to get some tips from you guys I have other ti s I can test to see if that card is just dead but it was like midnight and just decided to give up for the night last night Also My motherboard doesn t have an on-board video port I don t believe I see none at least My PC was up and running with drivers loaded for this exact card before it went down the computer has just been sitting there for months I am using the same hard drive only thing that has changed is the Noctua cpu cooler being in place of the now dead Corsair H All the fans are running the video card fan is running the psu fan is running so it seems like everything is getting power Any help would be greatly appreciated If you need more info please let me know nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU

Let's do this one step at a time, first no part of any computer lasts for ever. U said u had 2 other video cards, first, see if either one of them will work. If that does not work, it could be the slot in the mother board, try an other X16 slot. but honestly to me it sounds like the mother board is not working if u have a speaker plugged into it and assuming the speaker is working because normally there would be beeps if the motherboard is not sending a video signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-issue-with-asus-crosshair-v-and-560ti-gpu.206575/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hey Guys

I have a Gigabyte Nvidia GTX560 TI Graphics card connected via HDMI to my Asus Screen.

On the back of the screen there is an HDMI Audio out port. (No speakers part of the screen)

How do I get the HDMI Audio play through earphones? And can I in turn connect this through my computer as i do have wireless USB earphones. (Which obviously won't work from the screen port )

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been trying to figure this out for some time.

Specifications:

Processor: i5 760
Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 560 TI
Screen: Asus HD MS 228 21.5" LED LCD Monitor
Ram: 4GB DDR3

THANKS!!

A:How the HDMI Audio works from my GTX 560TI to my Asus HD Screen(MS228)

Rayzr welcome to the Seven Forums.

With a USB headset you would be better off forgetting about HDMI and just plugging it into the computer. You have to remember that a USB headset or speakers is treated as a separate sound card and has and uses its own driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/153634-how-hdmi-audio-works-my-gtx-560ti-my-asus-hd-screen-ms228.html
Relevancy 70.09%

having trouble with asus crosshair motherboard, or possibly the problem lies with the amd 64 5600 i have paired with it.... i dont know. anyway when i try to power up, it will only stay on for about 3-4 seconds then shuts itself off... ive tried several different power supplies and still cannot figure out what the problem is. it also does this with or without the video card and ram in it too... i usually power down my pc normally then i would also shut off the switch on the back of the power supply. this all began after leaving the power supply on for a couple days... can anyone help!!!!

A:Asus crosshair

You might check the bios settings under CPU temp shutdown. Reset to default

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-crosshair.97851/
Relevancy 69.23%

I would like to know what AMD CPU's my Crosshair "Republic of Gamers" motherboard Bios version 0121 will handle. I currently run an Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.0GHz socket AM2 CPU. Will it take an AMD AM2+ CPU and does this include the Phenom X4 9950 CPU?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-crosshair-mboard-and-which-amd-cpu.813397/
Relevancy 69.23%

Just built my new rig. Loaded the OS and drivers and ran it for a few days and everything looks fine. Loaded EQ2, BF 2142 and Ventrilo. While playing EQ2 it randomly will crash to complete shutdown. Power on and everything appears fine. I have not tried BF yet because i frankly don't want to do any damage to components. I have seen crashes in the past but never to complete shutdown. I suspect heat as a possible issue, but I am confident that the thermal compound and heat sink and fan are applied correctly. Any other thoughts?

ASUS Crosshair
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+
2GB Corsair XMS DDR2 800 (TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX)
ATI X1950GT PCI-e
HD Audio (came with the Mobo)
BFG 800W PSU

A:ASUS Crosshair crashing

Try running the computer with the case open...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-crosshair-crashing.97713/
Relevancy 69.23%

Good day to all!

I am purchasing a ASUS Crosshair IV Formula next week, however I have one question I am unsure of.

I am not a fan of integrated audio in the least. I want to run a soundcard on this board, but if I am correct, it is my understanding there is no PCI slots at 1X. Will I still be able to run a soundcard on this board, or not?

I only intend to run one video card for now, as I simply have no use for 2 powerful cards.

Thanks.

A:Asus Crosshair IV Formula

The board has 4 PCI-E x16 slots and 2 PCI slots.

PCI-E x1 devices should work fine on any PCI-E x1 / x4 / x8 / x16 slot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-crosshair-iv-formula.152906/
Relevancy 69.23%

Okay so i am building a new computer for a friend and really want to avoid RMAing this mobo i have read over other posts regarding issues with this motherboard but none match my issue perfectly so here goes System Specs Asus Crosshair AM nForce EVGA Geforce ultra mb gddr AMD x Corsair Dominator x gb paired ddr Gigabyte w Odin GT Zalman led heatsink sata optical drives sata hard drive floppy drive okay that out of the way I hooked everything up and started this puppy up motherboard pwr good light came on i have the mobo led s turned off the fans all started drives spun up and became active I O LED post display lit up and started to display gibberish a single line would display WWWWWWWW MMMMMMMM it would alternate between these four and a fith row with all lines filled out like a quot quot with and asterick in it it does this all the time as soon as you turn on the PSU no matter how many devices are connected never got any mobo post beeps and never got a picture on the monitor tried replacing the vid card with a known good no go configured the another post... yet Crosshair Asus mobo down to just the cpu and psu tested dame post gibberish added one device back at a time mem vid card hdd optical drive etc tested afer each device same result check for shorts nothing is making contact with the mobo that shouldnt be reset cmos after activating the switch same result threatened it with its own yet another Asus Crosshair post... life no luck i figure im gonna have to RMA yet another Asus Crosshair post... this board just wanted to see if you guys might know somthing i dont more than anything besides having this thing work i would like to know what the damn poster message is as of right now i am avoiding calling Asus have heard nothing good about there tech support suggestions nbsp

A:yet another Asus Crosshair post...

is the ram correct type and brand?
Asus boards are picky. read: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic65114.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/yet-another-asus-crosshair-post.88952/
Relevancy 69.23%

I bought this computer near christmas Power source Topower real W Mother Asus Crosshair Processor Athlon X Video Card Geforce gt Sentey RAM Gskill GB HD x Seagate GB SATA II MB NCQ Floppy RW-DVD Pioneer D DVD Asus X A few days ago i was playing with the Kega Emulator The system freezed Thinking it was a Windows crash I switched off the pc with Crosshair Asus Problems The next morning when I tried to power up the pc it switched on and then switched off after a few seconds No video in this time The only help to describe the problem was the Crosshair LCD poster quot CPU INIT quot So I tried the following procedures cleared the CMOS Disconect all pc parts and mount them again Changed the for a pci SIS Inverted the order of the RAM modules Bought a second processor Sempron Disconected the hard disk and the optical drives All with the same results described above Can you help me please Thank you very much Whipon nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-asus-crosshair.542186/
Relevancy 69.23%

My problem seems to be a common one yet most people have been able to resolve it where I have not I have no sound The only sound device I can see in device manager is a quot X-fi Asus with supreme Crosshair III high definition audio device quot which I'm guessing is the x-fi card I cannot find drivers for the x-fi supreme on the creative website I've tried a couple of win creative driver packs that I've found around the internet with no luck I've got the latest 'soundmax' drivers from the asus website and tried to force install that driver for the quot hd audio device quot in device manager When I did this windows recognized the card X-fi supreme with Asus Crosshair III as quot Soundmax Integrated HD digital audio quot but gives an error code device cannot start I did not think this motherboard had onboard sound but this description led me to believe so I do have the card in the top slot on my motherboard people have had issues using other slots The led in the card does light up What should I do Thanks for your time

A:X-fi supreme with Asus Crosshair III

Quote:
I cannot find drivers for the x-fi supreme on the creative website.

That would be because that sound card has about as much resemblance to a X-Fi as an apple to an orange. The only thing even remotely X-Fi like about it is that it gets to use some of the X-Fi applications.

That card is nothing more than an ADI/SoundMax based card. You want drivers for it you need to get them from Asus. Same goes for the software. Creative may have sold i to Asus, but Asus is responsible for the support for it. One thing you can try is to look up other motherboards from Asus that came with the saem card, and see if they have added the updated drivers for that board.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/21822-x-fi-supreme-asus-crosshair-iii.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Asus Crosshair V Formula (Socket 942)
AMD FX-8150 Eight-Core Processor Zambezi 3.6 GHz
Seagate 149G SATA-II 3.0 Gb/s
AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series Sapphire 2048 MB
Corsair GS800
Corsair Dominator GT CMT12GX3M3A2000C9 12G triple Channel System
2000 MHz 9-10-9-27 1.65V
Operating System is Windows 8

I have been building a computer and the specs above outline my computer I am currently only getting 535 MHz out of the potential 2000 MHz, I thought that the RAM was compatible with my system though I am starting to doubt that. Is it compatible? If so what am I doing wrong that I am getting such low results? Thank you for your input

A:My ASUS Crosshair V Formula's RAM Isn't Working! PLZ HELP!

Triple channel is for some Intel stuff, AMD goes to Double Channel only but i don't think that is the problem here. Those 535MHz you have to multiply by 2 so actually you are running memory at 1070 MHz (DDR = Double Data Rate). You'll have to adjust memory from the BIOS. Chances are you are not going to get all of the 2000MHz out of them but 1600 and even 1866 should be just fine.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/30803-my-asus-crosshair-v-formulas-ram-isnt-working-plz-help.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey gang I figured there may be a few of these purchased by TS members so Thought I would give a heads problem NB Asus Formula Crosshair IV up I read about the PWR NB SB heatpipe heatsink assembly standoffs being the incorrect height and not allowing full contact to the chipsets I checked mine out of the box and indeed it was Asus Crosshair IV Formula NB problem the case of the one I purchased or so Many are getting them this way and filing grinding or milling them down I milled them down inch and it left a flush Thermal compound pattern you do not have to be hyper precise as the screws from the back of the MB are spring resisted but you do need to take enough off I would suggest at least checking this before assembly if only to replace the deplorable thermal pad they put on it from the factory The difference for the boards with the bad standoffs and the correct ones or fixed is around C nbsp

A:Asus Crosshair IV Formula NB problem

Interesting.

I would've thought that such a high end hardware would have better QC than this.

Also, proof that Asus branded motherboards shouldn't automatically be considered better than other brands. Nothing more annoying than Asus fanbois saying their mobos are better just because its Asus....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-crosshair-iv-formula-nb-problem.150689/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,
I have an Asus Crosshair motherboard socket AM2, have AMD FX-62 processor, ATI Radeon X1900XT, BFG?? power supply 650 watts,2 sticks of Corsair XMS2-6400 DDR2 800Mhz memory.
Attempted to power up and I get 1 long and 3 short beeps...this motherboard has an LED monitor which reads there is a "CMOS err". I am trying to figure out if its my motherboard bios or the processor. I think the power supply is fine. Could it be that my BIOS is corrupt or not there?
Please reply.
Derreke

one other strange thing....the motherboard CPU fan connector has 4 pinsholes;however the CPU fan wire has only 3 pins..this motherboard/CPU are supposed to be compatable??? does this occur often??

A:Problems with ASUS Crosshair motherboard

Did you try resetting the cmos? Welcome to techspot by the way!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-asus-crosshair-motherboard.57985/
Relevancy 68.37%

AMD Users Only Intel fanboys take yer arse's home P So I'm waiting on delivery for my new motherboard ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM AMD chipset as my current ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AM has gone bad I'd like some reviews from users who have some good knowledge on the V Formula-Z to give me some pointers Is it good Is it better than the IV Formula in the sense of sound and overall performance and durability I've read and heard that the AM boards are backward compatible with AM CPUs such as my Phenom II X though I am aware that the AM motherboards just aren't compatible with AM CPUs I'd like to make a discussion on this specific motherboard Note Again I do not want Intel users posting in here saying quot get rid of AMD and get Intel quot or quot Intel is better than AMD quot I don't care for those critics I'm an AMD user enough said

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/394441-reviews-asus-crosshair-v-formula-z.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I Powerup Problem ASUS Crosshair did a quick search through the forums but I failed to find anything that related to the problem I have with this motherboard I recently bought an ASUS Crosshair to be the Mobo for my new computer When I was done connecting everything getting it all set up and ready to rock I flipped the power switch on my PSU the LED lights that are built into the board light up and I ASUS Crosshair Powerup Problem think everything it working fine Unfortunately I was wrong The only thing on the Mobo that seems to be getting any power is those damn LEDs When I press the case and onboard power switch nothing happens at all Now I tested the PSU on my working computer and on the spair mobo I have from an older computer both are pin mobos and they started up just fine got the PSU fan lights working the case fans lights running and everything The ASUS Crosshair gives me nothing it s a Mobo I m using a XION Supernova w PSU with a pin connector and a detached pin connector for mobos Does this mean the Crosshair is DOA or is there somthing I m overlooking nbsp

A:ASUS Crosshair Powerup Problem

Forgive the possible BGO, but check that there are no extra mounting stubs under the motherboard which will cause it to short with exactly the results you have.
If thats OK, try also taking all the front panel connections off and reconnecting only the power button connector. If OK, then reconnect one at a time.
If thats OK, then disconnect all the drives and if OK reconnect one at a time.
If none of this works, take it all out of the case and try again. If still dead with another PSU then the board is dead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-crosshair-powerup-problem.88238/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi everybody, i searched internet for hours and didn't find the answer. The PCI Express of the Asus Crosshair is 2.0? Is it able to use full power of a GTX280? Thanks.

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi All,

I'm new to this so bare with me..
I built new pc & I'm having trouble booting it up for the first time wondering if anyone has any suggestions or could help me?

specs are;
Asus Crosshair motherboard
Amd athlon 5200 am2 dual processor
Coolmaster extreme power duo 650w
x2 Corsair 2gig ddr2 6400c4 memory
Seagate barracuda 320gb 7200 16mb cache sata2 hardisk
x2 GIGABYTE 7600GT PCIE 256MB, GDDR3, 2xDualLinkDVI-I - Running "SLI"

When trying to boot up it sounds like the fan speeds slow down & pc makes a long beep followed by 2 short beeps & displays "DET DRAM" message on small lcd screen on motherboard.

A:Asus crosshair motherboard problems

I suppose the LCD screen on the motherboard is for diagnostics. I also suppose they wouldn't put such a thing without providing a manual with a list of codes so you could find out what they mean.

ps. the "DRAM" in the message might suggest that it's a memory problem. Have you tried powering the system without any ram to see what happens ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-crosshair-motherboard-problems.71600/
Relevancy 68.37%

when i turn the pc on rather than it booting up i get nothing but little blue lights on the motherboard coming on.....almost like its in a standby mode or somthing .....the lights havent come on before so im not sure...... anyone eles here had this? or know what there about? as the user book isnt much help on this...

pc spec's
CrossHair Motherboard
amd 3g dual proccessor
G skill 2X2gig ram
Hiper 730w psu
Zalmans XT liquid cooling system

A:Solved: Asus CrossHair Motherboard

ok just to add wot this was all about.....theres an lcd display on the back of the pc where all ya usb ports are right next to it is this little green light thing that turns out to be a switch once pressed it was all back to normal...

after the inlet water pipe coming of the processor i thourght it nothing but bad news ...so happy i was wrong !! after a good clean ( dry up!) and finding out about the switch i never knew was there that i must of pushed when cleaning up the mess ...its all back as good as new! ^_^

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asus-crosshair-motherboard.677644/
Relevancy 68.37%

Warning If ASUS V Crosshair Forula/Thundrbolt you have an ASUS Crosshair V Formula Thunderbolt motherboard and your processor is an FX Series -Core Black Edition AM processor and this is a ASUS Crosshair V Forula/Thundrbolt new build and this is your first time using AMD and or your previous build was Intel then this applies to you If you already own an AMD AM processor then please read on as this applies to you as well To save anybody else going through a nightmare of wondering why your ASUS Crosshair V Formula Thunderbolt does not recognise the FX series of processors from AMD and will not boot or post It s because the FX series is not present within the BIOS and the main reason why your new shinny AMD AM FX Series processor is just basically not booting or posting because it s not present It was very naughty of ASUS to release a motherboard which clearly states on their website and in the user guide this motherboard supports the FX Series of processors It s documented on their website and on their supported processor as well which is available at ASUS CPU Support List CPU Support List FX- FD WMW KGU GHz C W rev B G AM FX- FD FRW KGU GHz C W rev B G AM FX- FD WMW KGU GHz C W rev B G AM FX- FD WMW KGU GHz C W rev B G AM FX- FD FRW KGU GHz C W rev B G AM FX- FD WMW KGU GHz C W rev B G AM FX- FD FRW KGU GHz C W rev B G AM Click to expand Work Around Warning It is important that you download the BIOS for your ASUS Crosshair V Formula Thunderbolt unpack and then save the BIOS update to your USB pen drive Please also remember that there are two BIOS updates for the ASUS Crosshair V Formula Thunderbolt Attention to detail is imperative so please make sure that you download the correct BIOS for your motherboard If your motherboard is just the Formula then download the BIOS for that motherboard If you motherboard is the Formula Thunderbolt then please make sure you are downloading the correct BIOS update before updating your BIOS as there is a difference between the two ASUS Crosshair V Formula ASUS Crosshair V Formula Thunderbolt Download your BIOS update from asus com taking care to select the correct region Select Region Select Product Select Motherboard Now select your motherboard and then downloads and proceed to download the BIOS for your motherboard Copy to a USB pen drive and then Click to expand I do have a work around to resolve this matter which I got from ASUS when I complained to them about my motherboard not working However it does either involve you borrowing an AMD AM processor of a friend or a member of the family who does have an AMD AM processor Or you will have to buy an AMD AM Sempron processor because these re the cheapest to buy Turn off your PC and unplug the power cord and then install the processor that you ve wither borrowed or you have purchased a cheap Sempron which you can pick up for under Plug the power cord back in again and turn on your PSU and turn on your PC and it will boot Go to the BIOS and then update the BIOS to if you have successfully updated the BIOS it will say save and then reboot and turn off and pull out the power cord Reinstall the FX Series AM processor and remembering to attach the CPU cooler before turning on What should happen now is your new FX Series processor whatever one you have decided to purchase should boot into life go into the BIOS again and configure your BIOS to your needs I hope this answers some question with people experiencing problems getting their ASUS Crosshair V Formula Thunderbolt to work with their AMD AM FX Series Black Edition processor Administrator could this be pinned please nbsp

A:ASUS Crosshair V Forula/Thundrbolt

This sort of problem happens with many motherboards, not just the ones from Asus.

Asus can't dictate which Bios is in the board you buy, if it's older stock it will have an older Bios.

I'm sorry you got caught out by this but I think whoever sold you the board is more to blame than Asus.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-crosshair-v-forula-thundrbolt.1024158/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,

I've just purchased a Phenom II X6 1090T and an Asus Crosshair IV motherboard. The stock AMD cooler is too loud. I'd like to replace it with something like the Scythe SCKBT-1000 (Kabuto), but not sure if it will physically fit on the board without being obstructed by other components such as memory in the case.

Anyone have experience with this combination? Can you recommend a similar heatsink for this board/chip combination?

I'm also considering the Cooler Master Hyper N520 and the Zalman CNPS10X Flex.

I think the best and most helpful information would be to know the actual dimensions of the motherboard, particularly the area around the processor, provided by Asus, but have been unable to find them. I could then match those numbers up with those that are provided by the cooler mfr.

Thanks,
Alex

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-crosshair-iv-and-scythe-sckbt-1000.938555/
Relevancy 67.94%

Thinking of making the big switch from years of AMD gaming rigs to INTEL.
Currently am using a crosshair v formula z mobo with an fx 8150 cpu, and was going for a maximus vii hero mobo with an i7 4790k cpu.

Is this a worthwhile upgrade?
Is the maximus mobo inferior to my formula v?
I know the intel cpu is vastly better than the amd, but would I see a big improvement in my gaming?
Would I be able to use my 16gb 1600mhz corsair vengeance ram?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
(My gpu is an gtx 780oc 6gb version

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-crosshair-v-formula-z-vs-maximus-vii-hero.216689/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi - I've got an Asus crosshair motherboard, 2GB RAM, Athlon 64 4200+ dual core etc. Board is SUPPOSED to support SLi, my supplier sent 2x 7300GTs of different make (but same chipset), didnt work, so I had to buy a 3rd matching card (Now both installed are Inno3D 7300GTs of same spec) but it STILL doesnt recognise them as SLi - I've tried swapping them, and both work fine alone, I've tried it with and without the SLi bridge, I've uninstalled them both from device manager and the drivers etc and reinstalled, I've tried different types of drivers, I've tried updating the BIOS in the mobo but it just doesnt work...

I'm just about to give up on Nvidia and AMD-based kit forever at this point.

Can anyone help me before I feed this PC piece by useless piece under the wheels of my car?

A:SLi on Asus Crosshair Mobo dont work - plz help!

I suspect you have a crossfire board and not a crosshair.
If you give us the exact model of the board that would be good.
If you do infact have a crossfire board you will not be able to use dual nVidia cards.
Crossfire is an ATI only spec, so you need 2 ATI based cards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sli-on-asus-crosshair-mobo-dont-work-plz-help.623777/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi ppl Am totally new to this forum I am here cuz I have a real big problem My config is as follows Mobo gt Asus Crosshair CPU gt AMD AM GPU gt XFX GT thts where the stuff started RAM gt GB Mhz Kingston HDD gt GB Seagate SATA PSU gt Watts Typhoon I guess this caused it all dead No addon 160 * CROSSHAIR, 2, 8600 CPU KINGSTON GT HDD!!it GB 2 sucks RAM, BLOWOUT.....ASUS GB cards and FDDs etc I added a new Kingston RAM and the new GT XFX to my system today But guess what after that the System wudnt just boot I checked with an open case the GREEN LED on the MOBO SB PWR written by its side wasnt CPU BLOWOUT.....ASUS CROSSHAIR, 8600 GT * 2, 2 GB KINGSTON RAM, 160 GB HDD!!it sucks lit I tried with a Watt PSU of a frens the system still is dead I tried removing the new stuff and checked again with both PSUs it still doesnt work I CPU BLOWOUT.....ASUS CROSSHAIR, 8600 GT * 2, 2 GB KINGSTON RAM, 160 GB HDD!!it sucks tried out my cards on an M NE mobo they are fine The system is simply dead Need it online ASAP I lost my warranty card stuff So can any of u dudes help me out Cud u tell me what to look for or how to approach PLZZZZZZ PLZZZZZZZZ HELP mE OUTTTTTTT dead nbsp

A:CPU BLOWOUT.....ASUS CROSSHAIR, 8600 GT * 2, 2 GB KINGSTON RAM, 160 GB HDD!!it sucks

It's best to start off as simple as you can with just one video card and one stick of memory, nothing else. Then try the other ones one at a time, you may find a bad one. If you know one of those PSUs worked you probably can rule that out.

I like to try with no memory at all. That should give a beep code through the case speaker. Then add one stick. If that doesn't work try another memory slot. Some mobos are picky and need a clear CMOS after changes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-blowout-asus-crosshair-8600-gt-2-2-gb-kingston-ram-160-gb-hdd-it-sucks.92725/
Relevancy 66.22%

Well I just got a new motherboard ram and cpu It is an Asus Crosshair with nforce sli chipset The ram is x gb ocz pc - running asus crosshair memory pc28500 and advice on ocz with motherboard cpu for Need voltage at mhz and volts and the cpu is an amd x running at and volts First of all are these temps and voltages appropriate i am really new to am Need advice for memory and cpu voltage on asus crosshair motherboard with ocz pc28500 and ddr but i havent fried it all yet Also what i find weird is that i am running windows vista ultimate bit and whenever i overclock so far in bios vista seems to adjust the settings to a certain point so everything remains semi-stable under xp if i overclocked overvoltaged too far i would get a bsod and instant reboot The reason i am running my ram at is because i got a system crash bsod due to quot memory management quot the ocz tech support team suggested i set the voltage on my ram to at least v Now this is E P P ram so in the bios i can set the option to optimal or high frequency for quot sli-ready memory quot which this ram is There is also an option for cpuoc a special sli ready memory asus nvidia thing i guess and i have it set to quot cpu-oc max quot hence the cpu voltage increase in bios my cpu heats up to around but like i said earlier when i get into vista it kind of gets more stable and settles down to around It is only at ghz if i set the option to cpu-oc max shouldnt it overclock even further i guess there is a ton of stuff i do not know about this board nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-for-memory-and-cpu-voltage-on-asus-crosshair-motherboard-with-ocz-pc28500.71589/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi there strange I never knew Formula Crosshair II Asus up help sound a picking Need cheap for card about this forum yet it s users have fixed around problems for me in the last or so weeks And now I need your expert advice Okay so I have a ASUS Crosshair II Formula Build with Sata GB HDD Crappy Q-Tek W PSU AMD Athlon X Dual Core Ghz Dvd-rw and Cdr drive but I have no sound I ve heard about the amazing SupremeFX II sound card however I only want to be able to hear the odd bit of music youtube video s I don t want to spend for superb quality sound I brought a rubbish C-Media CMI MX not even knowing weather it d work Need help picking up a cheap sound card for Asus Crosshair II Formula or not but i assumed the mobo would have standard PCI solts which it did The first time round it worked but the sound was soooooooooooooooo quiet you wouldn t believe it even with all volume options maxed out and strangly the S ATA drivers for my HDD kwpt on saying they wern t installed So I system restored and tried again a few days laters now the Need help picking up a cheap sound card for Asus Crosshair II Formula desktop wouldn t even boot the LCD poster just hung at quot PCI Int quot so my questions are Is that sound card imcompatible with the mainboard if not How can I get the desktop to boot so that I can install the latest C-Media drivers from they official site If the sound card is really that awful then can anybody recommend a cheap - sound card that ll work Thanks in adviance nbsp

A:Need help picking up a cheap sound card for Asus Crosshair II Formula

You should be able to use any PCI or PCIe 1x sound card if you have an available corresponding slot. If you're looking for a really cheap card try searching around for an Audigy 4. They are decent-sounding cards and offer a good variety of audio features. If you're still thinking that's too much, you could probably find a Creative Audigy 2 ZS for even less money, or go with a different brand like Turtle beach.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-picking-up-a-cheap-sound-card-for-asus-crosshair-ii-formula.153003/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi everyone i have a
-ASUS CROSSHAIR Socket AM2,
-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor
-CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel
-MSI NX8800GTS-T2D320E-HD OC GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card
-ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 110mm 2 Ball Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler
-SeaSonic S12 Energy Plus SS-650HT ATX12V / EPS12V 650W Power Supply

When i power up, the CPU won't boot (no beeps, nothing). The entire mobo start working (fans, lights, etc), but the cpu doesn't. The led at the back reads "cpu int".

Please help, is the first time that i try to build my own PC and its getting very frustraiting.

Thanks

A:Problem with ASUS CROSSHAIR Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

Do you have all the power cables connected, this includes the ATX12v 4 pin connector.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-asus-crosshair-socket-am2-nvidia-nforce-590-sli-mcp-atx-amd-motherboard.77349/
Relevancy 64.93%

Okay so here are my specs i k Asus motherboard Zotac ti OC edition - note I haven t done anything oc-wise to the card beyond what it was oc ed to from the factory gb Pioneer memory Diablotek psu Everything has worked flawlessly for a month It even booted the first time I turned it on which is rare with my luck So a couple days ago I turn my pc on the startup possible screen would issue input be black 560ti Any great - screen comes on then the pc shuts down When I turn it on again two things happen My video card fan is now spinning at top speed or faster and is extremely loud I now am not getting monitor connectivity So I jump to 560ti black screen issue - Any possible input would be great two possibilities either a the video card just had a heart attack or b my power supply is having a heart attack After reviewing however everything else is powering up fine the motherboard hdd cpu all seem to be getting power also when I try a different video card in albeit a less wattage card it boots up fine So it seems to point to the video card and not the psu When I talked to a Zotac tech he seemed to agree it could be a connectivity issue on the card that isn t allowing it to interface with my pc It s gotten to be a confusing issue mainly because no one else seems to have gotten an issue quite like this with this card So fast forward to today I get home from class and decide to give it the old college try I hook up the card start it up and it sounds fine No loud fan and I get connectivity from the monitor I even went as far as to run BF on the card just to get the temp up to see if it was an overheating issue As I thought the card performed just like it did before I got the issues So what could the possible issues be here Could the PSU be getting some kind of power issues intermittently And why would the card work now if there was some possible connection issue before Unless that could be an intermittent issue as well At this point I don t even want to shut my system down out of worry that I ll get the same exact issues once again But like I said my systems running perfectly now and the temps are all normal too Once I m done this busy week of school I m going to isolate the problem to either the the vid card or psu though it seems to me to be some underlying video card problem since the psu seems to power everything else fine Either way any input on this matter would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:560ti black screen issue - Any possible input would be great

It is possible that your PSU is not putting out enough wattage. If you can post make/ model and rating, would be the first thing to check

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/560ti-black-screen-issue-any-possible-input-would-be-great.1050822/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,
I am very frustrated right now.
I upgraded from Win7 and after the upgrade I noticed that I cannot run ANY video or game. The computer immediatly black screens and my fans start to panic. I have to power down to reset.

I clean installed after that, thinking it was a driver issue from the previous windows 7 installation but I am still facing the same problem.

I have installed the newest nvidia drivers, and they were cleanly installed.
I am running a q6600, nvidia 560ti, 4GB ram, 650 Watt PSU, 4 hard disks.
This was not an issue at all in Windows 7.
Please help, I am desperate and do not want to roll back to windows 7 as I have paid for this OS.
Thank you!

I should also note that I cannot simply remove the GPU and run it on VGA as I have no VGA on this motherboard. Also, there are no triangles in the Device manager on any device.

A:Win 8 Pro clean install nvidia 560ti CRASH every video/game

I have only problems with my other PC with Windows 8 and a GTX 560 , the games was not crashing but the Nvidia Kernel was, even just using the desktop, I try many drivers versions without success, I fix the problem with a AMD GPU.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/10756-win-8-pro-clean-install-nvidia-560ti-crash-every-video-game.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello Everyone First of all I would like to introduce myself Video 560ti card Windows7. Re-installed geforce detected :( not I go by Paas and I'm currently in Austria after being in Florida for years I want to thank all of you in Re-installed Windows7. Video card not detected :( geforce 560ti advance for taking your time to help resolve my problem Yesterday I got a PC from a colleague once I started up the PC everything works fine but since there was a lot of random programs on the pc I decided to install my own version of Windows Windows Enterprise on it When the whole installation was finished the computer started everything worked fine BUT the PC did not recognize the Nvidea Geforce ti video card Since It worked fine before I re-installed windows I am sure that there is nothing wrong with the cables however I think it is a problem with the Bios configuration because that is what changes after a reboot right So I try to change the Bios confirguation to booting both display PCU i think and PCI E but this did not fix the problem My suggestions are either to update the bios but I'm not sure witch version I need Also I could disable the onboard VGA standard mb videocard but I did not try this because I'm afraid I will get a black screen and I also read in different posts that the PC will automaticly re-install the standard VGA I have been lingering around sevenforums for a while I have always found my solutions here but this time I'm in really big sh t I hope some of you know the solution To make things easier I will also post some information about my new PC Motherboard is from Foxconn Its a FlamingBlade The CPU is Intel i i think dual core aswell Western Digital WD Blue GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s Watt LC-Power Silent Giant-Green Power Edition Non-Modular Geforce GTX ti oc gb ddr xdvi mini-hmdi Corsair DDR GB PC CL KIT x GB BENQ HD At the moment I'm at work thats why I dont have Exact information regarding the Motherboard and the CPU I will provide this information once I can Hopefully you guys have all the info needed so how can i get my computer to recogize the video card

A:Re-installed Windows7. Video card not detected :( geforce 560ti

Well.. when you plug your monitor to the video card do you get any video signal? So you are getting a black screen and you only get video signal when you plug it into the motherboards VGA port, correct?
The bios does not necessarily disable the onboard video automatically. And it has to be disabled so the motherboard sends the video signal to the discrete GPU.

That's how it worked in my system, so you might want to wait for someone to confirm what I said, or correct me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/262815-re-installed-windows7-video-card-not-detected-geforce-560ti.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I dont know if this is the right area to post this request but im sure ill be directed to the right spot but in the mean time

I bought a new asus A9250 video card and its being a [email protected]*ing pain everytime i install the drivers that are for the card it crashes just as the logon screen comes on its working with the microsoft 9200 family and microsoft 9200 sec family drivers but the card isnt working properly when i drag the windows around they move so slowly i cant play even the most basic games can anyone please help me

A:Hi Every one Asus A9250 video card issue

Have you talked to Asus tech support. It is under warranty. Right?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hi-every-one-asus-a9250-video-card-issue.75628/
Relevancy 61.06%

So I am having an issue with the HDMI passthrough on my Asus HDAV 1.3. Sometimes it works fine, and then on a reboot it will decide to stop working. More rebooting/trying to detect monitors/changing resos or powercycling the reciever or TV it outputs to will allow & to detect it as a monitor.
Have updated drivers, both video and audio.
Have checked the settings (those I could find) in the HDAV software suite.

Should probably mention that audio does not work either. Leading me to suspect something with the sound card, likely driver related. Would like any suggestions, Thanks.

A:Video issue with Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3

Hi Kraknar, Welcome to the forums, have a look at this thread Asus Xonar D2X particulary the posts by chev65 it tells you how to set it up correctly ,its an older card but the principle is the same

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/124399-video-issue-asus-xonar-hdav-1-3-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi All I'm editting this post as I think I need to get down to remedial instructions on how to install Driver Win8 with Video issue and Asus M2A-VM this new video card I'm running Windows on my pc using an Asus M A-VM motherboard I was Video Driver issue with Win8 and Asus M2A-VM using the onboard video card which uses the ati drivers that I finally got to work with Windows I'm trying to install an Asus Video Driver issue with Win8 and Asus M2A-VM HD card but Win will not boot with it installed It will get to the black screen with the blue windows logo and the black spinning dots but will hang there Also can't get into a safe boot with the card installed shift amp F I've tried the following steps so far Uninstalled the driver which leaves the Generic driver shut down the machine and installed the Card Win doesn't boot Tried to install the CCC driver for the before installing the card Windows says it already has the proper driver Installed card with the driver Win won't boot Checked bios with card installed shows PCIEx as primary display adapter Am I missing a step somewhere I've never had so much problems installing a video card before but this has got me beat Thanks in advance

A:Video Driver issue with Win8 and Asus M2A-VM

bumped as I editted the main post.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/23256-video-driver-issue-win8-asus-m2a-vm.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I just got this asus 9600xt video card and i cant install any drivers for it .. soon as i do the screen goes black and i get a flashing cursor and that is it.. i did have it working at one point but not any more... i have ran 2 formats and still nothing.... this sucks big time because i cant return it ....please if anyone has any suggestions thank you

A:HELP PLEASE Asus 9600xt video card issue

i have found the asus drivers a real pain to install properly
you don't say what op sys. this is for xp
press f8 when you boot
choose safe mode
in the device manager uninstall the video card
reboot pressing f8 again this time choose vga mode
when windows finishes reinstalling the card
then install the drivers best to run the setup disk that came with the card
i have found using updated drivers direct from nvidia no good as asus seems to have some extras included in their drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-asus-9600xt-video-card-issue.222167/
Relevancy 52.89%

HI all I am having problems detecting the Xonar Pheobus and have tried all and 5 Rampage Asus Phoebus Xonar issue Asus Extreme the pcie slots with no luck Red and the grey - even the shorter grey slot Have disabled the motherboard s HD onboard Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue sound too and still not detected in my devices The pcie cable is connected to the sound card and I have enough PSU to power all - Enermax W When the card is inserted to the grey slots - The red light Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue is seen through the control extension box Headphone Microphone Connector Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue box jack ports However the green light is NOT seen AND the Xonar Phoebus logo on the card itself is lit powered up However when I insert the card into the red pcie slots these lights are not on One this else I noticed is the card DOES go warm over some time so tells me it is not switched off I tried to install the driver and I get a message no card detected etc etc Is there anyone kind enough to advise me their BIOS settings etc who has managed to get the Xonar to work properly Did you have to adjust any BIOS settings from default to get the card to be recognised Printscreens would be cool if it is not too much of a bother Thank you in advance Kind regards Killershadow nbsp

A:Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue

The question(s) I have is ->
Am I missing anything when attempting to install the sound card? I have tried with no GPU drivers (including the Nvidia sound for the GTX 750 ti sc) / disabled onboard HD sound and still the sound card not detected.
Even in this motherboard, it should detect the sound card regardless of what sound source is set as default and then allow me to install it and set it as default (without messing about with the BIOS)?
Maybe my sound card has died when moving it from the last computer - Static death.....................
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-xonar-phoebus-and-asus-rampage-5-extreme-issue.208076/
Relevancy 49.45%

so now that the new GTX680 came out, would it be better to get the new 680 or SLI a 560 or 570? The new 680 has almost 4x the CUDA cores as a single 560/570 tho, big difference? Also with the new power efficiency of the 680, is it safe to assume that it will consume less power if I SLI the 680 compared with SLI-ing a 580? If that is the case, I can assume it would be safe to SLI a 680 with my current PSU for the future? any input would be appreciated thanks!

A:GTX 680 ($500) or 2x GTX 560ti/570 (~$400/$500)

I would run a 680 instead of two 500 series in SLI. Technically, it would have an overall higher VRAM, but from my experience with SLI, the system bottlenecks too easily, and a slightly better single card usually outperforms two lower end card. As far as the power consumption, you will need to check how much the 680 takes. From what I read (information could have mislead me), it seems that it doesnt actually take less power to operate, but uses the power more efficiently.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/220969-gtx-680-500-2x-gtx-560ti-570-400-500-a.html
Relevancy 49.45%

HOW do yall think 2 gtx 560it would do compared to 1 gtx660

A:SLI gtx 560ti

Do you mean 660ti or non ti 660?

If its the ti then I can give you a fair bit of info as I have recently gone from 560ti SLI to a single 660ti
Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/269260-sli-gtx-560ti.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Which should i choose for gaming?
Amazon.com: EVGA GeForce GTX480 1536MB GDDR5 Dual DVI, HDMI, SLI Graphics Cards 015-P3-1480-KR: Computers & Accessories

or

Amazon.com: EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card - Lifetime Warranty 01G-P3-1563-AR: Computers & Accessories

A:GTX 480 vs GTX 560TI

The 560ti has better flow through and more streams.
I would go with it.
As you can see here
GeForce GTX 480 vs GeForce GTX 580 – Performance Comparison Benchmarks @ Hardware Compare

the 560 not only uses less power it outpreforms the 480 in pretty much every way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/219159-gtx-480-vs-gtx-560ti.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm having problems in a recent build with an ASUS GTX 560Ti.

The computer occasionally freezes and has to be hard reset. Often this happens when watching Flash videos or playing games. I've also identified a problem with artifacting on Aero, although I'm not sure if this is the right term in this case since the artifacts seem to 'stick' to a specific location and stay there even when a window is moved around.

I've tried reinstalling the drivers and running a couple of stress tests with OCCT but that doesn't crash the computer or yield artifacts. Does anybody have a clue what it might be?

Motherboard: Gigabyte SKT-1155 PA65-UD3-B3
Processor: Intel 2500K

Thanks

A:Possible problem with GTX 560Ti

So, is there anyone who has an idea as to what I could try? I need to get this computer fixed ASAP because it's not mine.

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/195665-possible-problem-gtx-560ti.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I've come across something odd while benchmarking my 560ti prior to trying a bit of overclocking.

While using FurMark 1.9.2 for testing, with EVGA's Precision X open for monitoring, the GPU clock bounces between 450 and 900 MHz (with 900 MHz being the default clock on this card). This is very evident on the "furry doughnut" as it moves faster and slower in a rhythmic fashion.

I noted the FurMark score, closed Precision X and tried again. Got approximately the same score, so I shut down the machine and rebooted. Ran FurMark again without ever starting Precision X but still got the same results.

This GPU clock "oscillation" doesn't occur when I run other tools such as OCCT or Unigine.

Is this normal? Is something amiss or do I have something set wrong?

A:EVGA GTX 560ti SC and FurMark

If you use cpu-z, [email protected] gpu frequencies, you have 3 points, desktop, 2d, and 3d. Sounds like you're fluctuating between 2d and 3d. Does the same problem present with afterburner?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/223546-evga-gtx-560ti-sc-furmark.html
Relevancy 48.59%

hi there

i couldnt find any useful reviews on the INNO3D GeForce GTX 570 and when i saw the similarity in the price i thought i should ask before buying any
the strange thing is that the msi 560ti is even more expensive :S

MSI 560ti
MSI GEFORCE GTX 560 TI POWER EDITION - 1 GB GDDR5 - PCI-EXPRESS 2.0 (N560GTX TI-POWER EDITION) review cheap prices GEFORCE GTX 560 TI POWER EDITION - 1 GB GDDR5 - PCI-EXPRESS 2.0 (N560GTX TI-POWER EDITION) MSI best buy discount online uk shop

INNO3D GeForce GTX 570
INNO3D GEFORCE GTX 570 - 1280 MB GDDR5 - PCI-EXPRESS 2.0 (G57V-3SDV-J5KWX) review cheap prices GEFORCE GTX 570 - 1280 MB GDDR5 - PCI-EXPRESS 2.0 (G57V-3SDV-J5KWX) INNO3D best buy discount online uk shop

A:INNO3D GeForce GTX 570 or msi 560ti

I'd personally go with the msi GTX 560 Ti but that's just my opinion.

Both cards look good and technically the GTX 570 is better but I haven't had much experience with INNO3D. I've heard good things about their cards but they aren't a 'high end' brand which makes me unsure about their quality. But please, correct me if I'm wrong.

I have an msi card and I love it. The one you chose out looks good and is a very powerful card. You should also get a decent result if you want to overclock. The only thing I could say against msi is their service. I've never had any problems with it but if you do a bit of searching on the internet, msi will not stand up to other brands such as EVGA or ASUS when it comes to warranties and service.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/222350-inno3d-geforce-gtx-570-msi-560ti.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello, I bought an MSI GTX 560ti today from newegg hoping i was making a good decision in my purchase. I currently have the Palit GTS450. It performs pretty good. I've been happy with it but I saw this card and have been wanting to buy a better one for a while. It seems alot better. Did i make a good decision? And if so, how much better is the 560 than the 450? Thanks

A:Upgrade to GTX 560Ti from the GTS450?

Here's a review with both cards:
http://www.techspot.com/review/359-nvidia-geforce-gtx-560ti/page4.html

You should get around twice the performance of your old card. Whether the increase is worth the price is up to you, however.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-to-gtx-560ti-from-the-gts450.163119/
Relevancy 48.59%

i keep getting bsod after running pc games so i ran msi afterburner and started the combustor to make sure it wasnt a cooling problem the bsod happend while it was steady at 61 degrees (firmware kicks in @75 i think)

the drivers are all the latest for the graphics card, I assume its a graphics related problem as it happens while running 'performance games '

thank you for any help

alex

------------------------

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA800A30E4E0
BCP2: FFFFF88007926F50
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\092113-14258-01.dmp
C:\Users\Phantom\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-23868-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

A:BSOD win7 gtx 560ti

It is a continuing stop 0x116 BSOD here. Changing / updating display driver did not do anything good there. So It is the time to guess that the issue is not with the driver only, but somewhere else.

I would suggest again to follow these steps and report back accordingly and elaborately.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800a30e4e0, fffff88007926f50, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+8f0f50 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

7: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800a30e4e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88007926f50, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+8f0f50
fffff880`07926f50 803db205f0ff00 cmp byte ptr [nvlddmkm+0x7f1509 (fffff880`07827509)],0

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`04e06a48 fffff880`05aaa054 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0a30e4e0 fffff880`07926f50 ffffffff`c000009a : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`04e06a50 fffff880`05a7d867 : fffff880`07926f50 fffffa80`0d4f7000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`c000009a : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`04e06a90 fffff880`05aa9e63 : fffffa80`ffffd84d ffffffff`fffe7960 fffffa80`0a30e4e0 00000000`00000000 : dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::Reset+0x2a3
fffff880`04e06b40 fffff880`05b7903d : fffffa80`0f56c710 00000000`00000080 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0d4eb010 : dxgkrnl!TdrResetFromTimeout+0x23
fffff880`04e06bc0 fffff800`0352fbae : 00000000`01d862cb fffffa80`0d513060 fffffa80`09d589e0 fffffa80`0d513060 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x101
fffff880`04e06c00 fffff800`032828c6 : fffff800`0340ce80 fffffa80`0d513060 fffff800`0341acc0 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`04e06c40 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nvlddmkm+8f0f50
fffff880`07926f50 803db205f0ff00 cmp byte ptr [nvlddmkm+0x7f1509 (fffff880`07827509)],0

SYMBOL_NAME: nvlddmkm+8f0f50

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nvlddmkm

IMAGE_NAME: nvlddmkm.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 52314e10

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

7: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`07036000 fffff880`07b2d000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305685-bsod-win7-gtx-560ti.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys!
I have a question about nVidia cards and drivers.
I have nVidia geForce GTX 560Ti. It works great but I have noticed that it works different with different drivers.
Foe example:
With the latest driver 372.xxxxxx in AIDA64 GPGPU Benchmark I get results twice as worse then with the driver 314.xxxxxx (from Windows 7 update center)
Also when I use Old driver AIDA64 GPGPU Benchmark "thinks" that I have two video cards.
I checked on-line what scores other people have with the same video card and it looks like the score that I am getting with an older driver is correct. Score with the newer driver is very low.

How is it possible and what should I do? Looks like I have better performance with older driver.
Do I have to stay with 314.xxx ?
In games I have not noticed any difference between those two versions of drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/400854-why-am-i-getting-better-performance-older-driver-gtx-560ti.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi there I cannot fathom what the issue is the gpu runs at full load on games which is fine but 560Ti correctly. perform doesn't performs poorly and doesn't get hot It suggests to me that the gpu isn't getting the required voltage but its odd to say my gpu isn't getting hot enough at 560Ti doesn't perform correctly. full load Skyrim runs at full load when the 560Ti doesn't perform correctly. card is having its performance issues and runs at c On a normal session it runs around c and fluctuates depending on the environment fps average when the card isn't performing correctly and constant fps when it is performing optimally On normal sessions fan speeds increase when temperatures do but when performing oddly it doesn't change I was first led to believe it was Afterburner giving incorrect readings but speedfan and other software has matching results and it correlates to the issues Is it a PSU issue I cant find much info on this issue maybe am being too specific and looking into the wrong area it's just peculiar Any ideas Thanks Oh I haven't overclocked the card and cpu is overclocked but has ran healthy for a long time

A:560Ti doesn't perform correctly.

Prof Kerfuffle,

Use extreme Power Supply Calc to get an estimate. Looking at your specs I'm thinking you are probably close to the limit for your PSU, so that might be the issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/289277-560ti-doesnt-perform-correctly.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I Upgraded from and.. 560Ti 4890 Radeon to GTX did a clean install Nvidia drivers that is not Windows and no I didn't use DriverSweeper did it all manually plus the new Nv driver install has a 'clean install' option but I think it's only with regard to old 'Nvidia' stuff not ATI AMD etc etc and as far as I know removed 'all' ATI software including OpenAL I removed the ATI Stream folder but the driver exists still somewhere this is the message I get when I open GPUZ to look at my new Nvidia card Once I click okay Upgraded from Radeon 4890 to GTX 560Ti and.. it opens just fine but look gt It won't list as computing OpenCL because of a conflict with the ATI Stream driver ie the AMD OpenCL Where might I find this I feel certain I removed virtually anything AMD all that's left is the AMD RAID Xpert but I need that I love it and doubt it has anything to do with this Any tips at all are greatly appreciated Specs are a Phenom II GB Win bit and this new Nv card thanks btw this might be the best bang for the buck card I've ever come across the performance is mind boggling and it runs like c amazing Scores 's in WEI

A:Upgraded from Radeon 4890 to GTX 560Ti and..

Does anyone have any idea where the AMD OpenCL driver may be hiding? Please!!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/178530-upgraded-radeon-4890-gtx-560ti.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have x gtx xxx edition and I would have them stuffed if they where real pets they where expensive but have been great value as computer parts go One has recently died so my sli setup is gone but it (upgrade)??? 560ti be gtx gtx 8800 dead bsod could almost is handy to have a card to fall back on but now it seems my last card is bsod allot im in the process of investigating I can still play all games at good visuals even with the one card but if its the cause of bsod then its gotta go I was planning upgrade anyway as its my th and I got the doh I do not want to regret buying a decent card so I need help I was real close to 8800 gtx could be almost dead bsod gtx 560ti (upgrade)??? buying 8800 gtx could be almost dead bsod gtx 560ti (upgrade)??? gtx a year ago and now and they seem more expensive so its very possible i could regret buying one especially being a year old I am considering a ti golden sample but i have seen older series cards i e and if i compare to a theres no comparison I mean the last digits are what im interested in all the stats of to a please tell me if its just a gimmick TELL ME THAT THE TI CANT LIVE WITH or tell me to buy im soooo confused Considering Ive had over years out of my Im obviously into long life useage Is buying a lesser card i e ti and a ssd card a good plan The ps lying on my desk unused is also an option any advice greatly appreciated and im happy to give more info on my rig and the which im still trying to rectify Im paranoid i buy new card and its some other component

A:8800 gtx could be almost dead bsod gtx 560ti (upgrade)???

ok ive removed overclock and no bsod think 8800 is bottleneck or cpu issue

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/199036-8800-gtx-could-almost-dead-bsod-gtx-560ti-upgrade.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello everyone I have recently purchased a used GTX TI from ebay The seller error in GTX mode, White safe 43 640x480 FPB: in 560TI normal Lines has been great GTX 560TI FPB: White Lines in safe mode, error 43 in normal 640x480 working with GTX 560TI FPB: White Lines in safe mode, error 43 in normal 640x480 me so no problem there He says the card was working in his friends machine quot they watched youtube videos quot History I purchased a custom built pc in Specs were Windows home premium quot Authentic quot AMD Phenonm Processer II x Motherboard Gigabyte MA GPT-UD H Power Fatality watt Ram OCZ DDR gb Motherboard Graphics quot currently using quot ATI Radeon HD Former Graphics Card BFG GTX quot Artifacting quot About a month ago the card died I believe it was from not being cleaned b c I never did quot shame on me quot for years of usage I purchased the and upon instalation received white lines After windows auto installed the hardware I restarted This resulted in windows booting with lines again and in x quot forced quot res The card is stopped by windows b c of error I spent days researching and hours with a local tech last night We have done everything past the point of the normal check list Deleted old drivers with driver sweeper Tried multiple drivers from EVGA Used Device doctor Driver Reviver every driver updated Still error Funny things happening One time after many attempts was able to boot with no lines drivers installed Started Batman lines then crashed Installed Radeon drivers to onboard graphics The bios is set to PCIE primary quot went through most of the bios with the tech quot After I installed the radeon re-installed new drivers black screen now after windows starting White lines in safe mode Re-installed driver can reboot with forced x res Tried to re-install new driver in x received message You are not using a display attached to an Nvdia gpu Have not flashed the bios as tech has not recommended yet Weird thing happened when using the free version of NvidiaXP Driver updater The updater found an acient driver of my old GTX But I used driver sweeper and cleared delete pretty much all Nvidia files If anyone wants to tackle this problem much appreciative The seller is willing to pay if the card doesn't work quot but I'd rather not go that route as he needed the money quot The worst issue is and he is working on it I don't have a SN on the back of the card He said in the ad his friend got the card in a gaming pc but used his own and left the in the static bag until sold Every other tag is on there just missing that Thank you everyone reading and hope to hear back

A:GTX 560TI FPB: White Lines in safe mode, error 43 in normal 640x480

The card is dead, wouldn't come up with those sorts of faults unless the card was fried, the seller and his friends inexperience has unfortunately broken the card, probably from pulling it out the computer without first grounding themselves, the tiniest little shock can destroy the card, I fear this is what's happened

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/246864-gtx-560ti-fpb-white-lines-safe-mode-error-43-normal-640x480.html
Relevancy 44.72%

In certain games like Halo, or Call of Duty.. and others, my cross hair lags. Meaning that when i move my mouse over, it takes like a second for it to respond. I don't know why this happens... I'm pretty sure my drivers are updated. Here are my specs:

-AMD 2700xp +
-512 mb ddr ram
-128mb nvidia fx 5600xt
-120gb hd

Any ideas? Is it my card? I assume that I can play most games on full detail with my specs.

A:Crosshair lags - help:)

youd be surprised at how well that card performs.. its been really poorly reviewed everywhere... i have the geforece fx 5600 xt 256mb, and it does alright. the lag could be due to your internet connection or something like that.

you said that you think your drivers are updated...
go here and download them just to make sure:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77

**i assumed you have windows XP, if you dont, then dont click that link.

if you have something other than win xp, then go here:
http://nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
and select which OS you have, then hit Go and download the drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crosshair-lags-help.284417/
Relevancy 44.72%

okay with the new update to steam i cant get my crosshair scale to go lower than base small
BUT i had changed it with cl_legacy_crosshair_scale 1 and it went to 4500

i dunno what i did , apply something in options.. and now it wont change back to smaller than base small and i cant figure out why it wont change back now.

A:legacy crosshair in cs:s

Hi,

Look here for a possible answer: -

Counter-Strike Source - Cant change the size of crosshair?...help - CS News, Forums, & Resources (last post)

cl_legacy_crosshair_scale "1"
cl_legacy_Crosshair_recoil "0"

those 2 are the commands you want i had this problem too and hunted down the solution, they added the old cs 1.6 crosshair stuff to source and you have to use this "legacy" crosshair stuff to get it back to your normal, i recommend setting it up in your autoexec.cfg

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/285930-legacy-crosshair-cs-s.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi all I have a little issue relating to my Asus crosshair ii Formula mobo I ve had it for months or so without any problems days ago the cable internet went down Nothing out of the ordinary was happening to the pc and the connection dropped off I checked with the cable company and my line was still live I then hardwired my laptop to the connection and it worked Looking at the back of my pc and plugging them in independently I get totally inactive but works The driver says it s installed correctly In the task bar the network icon has a yellow hazard next to it - problem Crosshair port lan ii limited or no connectivity Bugger I can Crosshair ii lan port problem t get Crosshair ii lan port problem a connection at all I ve looked in the BIOS settings and they all look ok I ve tried deleting the drivers from device manager and reinstalled them I really can t figure this out - firstly can it be fixed or secondly shall I just go get an ethernet card Any help would be greatly appreciated Crosshair ii lan port problem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crosshair-ii-lan-port-problem.900850/
Relevancy 44.29%

is there ANY compatible driver available for the 750SB ... of course I'm looking for drivers I can use to install 7 on my RAID0 striping array of two 150 gig VelociRaptors.

I'm just trying to install the RC, not RTM for now.

Please see my setup. Thanks, any help or a simple "no you can't do this yet" would be greatly appreciated.

A:Crosshair III Formula RAID0 help

in order to answer my own question, a few people have suggested installing the vista driver. Will try that today after work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/20383-crosshair-iii-formula-raid0-help.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I recently purchased computer parts to build a new PC for my Birthday which Boot Crosshair Formula V No was on July th It came in yesterday and I m having really bad issue s with this motherboard Crosshair V Formula No Boot After countless hours of trying to troubleshoot this I could not find the final verdict but only the supporting factors of it First off when I assembled the PC and turned it on for the first time it ran for a fraction of a second and shut right back off I was like WTF So I realized something was going wrong I ended up taking the PC out of the case and putting it a-top the original motherboard box and assembled it on there with the bare essentials need to run it PSU RAM CPU GPU just what is needed to get it to show the BIOS at least So here s what I came up with when I have the PIN or PIN or both connected along with the ATX Power Connector the PC will run for that fraction of a second all lights and fans turn on as well and shuts back off right after that Keep in mind the Power On OC amp RESET buttons on the Motherboard are Lighten up regardless if the system shut down along with all the fans and other lights So the PSU shouldn t be a problem since it s drawing power still It also does not ever reach BIOS the monitor still shows no signal I tried two monitors to debunk them a CRT via VGA DVI amp LED Monitor via HDMI Now when I remove the PIN or PIN or Both and keep the ATX Power Connector in the system Fans amp Lights will run continuously without stopping until I manually turn off the PSU while still no sign of a boot to BIOS And reading the manual says that you need or PIN to be connected in order to boot This debunks that no matter what power configuration to the board it will not boot regardless I furtherr stripped the board down to No GPU or RAM My case speaker will not even get to the point of beeping with these uninstalled I tried RAM Stick Removing CMOS Battery Still same problem with either shutting off almost instantaneously or fans and lights continuously going with both no sign of a boot bios So there is something seriously going wrong with when I plug in those amp Pin and possibly the whole motherboard in general Very dumbfounded by this please help me Below is what I have Processor- AMD Phenom II X T Black Edition Thuban GHz GHz Turbo Socket AM W Six-Core Desktop Processor http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Motherboard- ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM AMD FX SATA Gb s USB ATX AMD Gaming Motherboard with -Way SLI CrossFireX http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Tower Case- NZXT Phantom PHAN- WT White Steel Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Memory- G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Graphics Card- HIS IceQ X Turbo H QNT G M Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Hard Drive- Western Digital Caviar Blue WD EALX TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Optical Drive- ASUS DRW- B ST BLK B AS Black SATA X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Liquid Cooling System- CORSAIR CWCH Hydro Series H High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Power Supply Thermaltake Black Widow Watt certified modular PSU http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E amp Tpk Thermaltake black widow nbsp

A:Crosshair V Formula No Boot

Same answer I gave on TSF. Motherboard or power supply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crosshair-v-formula-no-boot.1006400/
Relevancy 44.29%

ok where to start... bought this mobo (crosshair) on newegg read reviews havn't installed it. plan on learning more about over clocking before i really get deep into this project. there was a frequent review comment about the upgrade to bios of 0904 making it usable to the new quads but taking away 1066 recognition for memory. i plan on running an amd athlon x2 6400+ with Corsair(8) X2(4g:2X2gb ddr2) 800mhz 5-5-5-18 1.8v. the mobo says it has a standard of 800mgz and has a setable frequency in bios of ddr2:400, ddr2:533, ddr2:677,and ddr2,800. so i was just wondering why this is. memory standard of 800 can u over clock to 1066? can u go higher? is standard memory a minimal? just looking for a little q and a please and thanks everyone!

A:Crosshair mobo updates bad?

You may benefit from a quick read on memory as it applies to that motherboard. Look at what is listed as acceptable by the motherboard manufacturer, then get Corsair, OCZ, Kingston, or whatever. Any should be fine, but if you are going to use the board as a gamer, you do not want Value Ram because of the timings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crosshair-mobo-updates-bad.100654/
Relevancy 44.29%

Just bought myself a new gaming rig for a self build Running - Asus Crossfire III Mobo G Skill PC Memory Crosshair Problems Mobo III AMD Phenom X BE Nvidia GTX XXX Graphics Card Coolermaster V cooler Generic w power supply When I plug Crosshair III Mobo Problems everything in the lights all come on the ROG symbol pulses and the Power Reset switch illuminate When pressing power the system turns on for about second before cutting off and displaying POWER OFF on the LCD post screen If i remove the power from the graphics card the system will power on for seconds and squeal before turning off signaling the graphics card is missing due to no power Same if i remove the memory Some things i know - - The board is rated for the CPU Memory - One single Nvidia card will work in the board fine - The memory is rated for the board and in dual channel configuration slots and due to cooler size - Everything in the system is brand new - I have NO spare parts to test as this is a new upgrade from an AM DDR system Does anyone have any ideas what could be the problem im thinking perhaps lack of power to the board Have seen a w power supply PC world dont hate me its seconds from my house and I need one by saturday for a gaming event But dont want to wase cash on it if its something else Main reson I think this is that the mobo need and Pin EPS supply and im running it from an adapted Molex using an adaptor from Maplin Electonics I have also tried resetting the CMOS by the switch on the back Can anyone think of anything else nbsp

A:Crosshair III Mobo Problems

Your generic power supply may be the source of your troubles, especially because you have to adapt one of the power connectors to the motherboard. Do some research and buy a decent power supply for your new system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crosshair-iii-mobo-problems.143205/
Relevancy 44.29%

I understand you would generally need to have the same controller to move a RAID setup and have it recognized, but I want to see if anyone has some advice or any idea about moving a RAID 0 setup from my Crosshair IV (JMicron) to a Gene IV (Intel Platform Controller)

I have 4TB of data on the RAID setup, and 3TB available on my backup drive.

I'm trying to avoid backing things up because it will take 4 days to transfer all that data to the WD elements, and I would still need 1TB more space so I'd have to buy another drive

Help! Thanks!

A:RAID 0 -- from Crosshair IV to Gene IV

I've tried this, spent about 2 weeks researching it with no avail. This is one of those situations that made me look into buying a raid card. In which I did.

GL, Hope you find a solution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-0-from-crosshair-iv-to-gene-iv.177744/
Relevancy 44.29%

First of all hi all, i'm bob from Athens, Greece.
ok, i've got my crosshair solo, just the m/b, no dvd's, no extra's, no nothing.
(not even the supremeFx... )
i've managed to setup a low budget but decent pc
(crosshair - 5200+ - 2gb 800Mhz - 8400gs - xp sp2)
the problem is that when i plug the cable from my siemens cl110 adsl2+ modem to the onboard port of my m/b, nothing happens.
i mean, the leds on the port light, but no connection appears anywere.
at the connections only showing "1394 connection" at 400 mbps.
same thing at the device manager. (network controllers)
lan is enabled at the bios, and i've installed this: "8.43_nforce_650i_winxp32_english" (nvidia ethernet drivers).
p.s my modem works fine with my p3.
sorry for the long post, any feedback would be really appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crosshair-ethernet-problem-please-help.608223/
Relevancy 44.29%

well this is the second time iv had trouble with this mobo first time i had to send it in to get its bios flashed updated and had to wait 1 month to get it back. anyways y prob now is the debug code CPU Init. and i have called them 2 times and get the same thing. rig : 700watt power supply, amd athlon 6400+ X2,8800 gtx, 4 gigs G.Skill ram ddr2 800. iv tried unpluging everything and trying on stick of ram in eatch slot and resting the comos and even going out and buying new diff ram Kingston ddr2 and still nothing. the lights dont trun on and the fans dont spin the only thing that turns on is the led lights on the mobo. and the lights is green on the board. its a brand new rig. i just about to order a diff mobo b/c this is just way to much!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-init-crosshair-mobo.696901/
Relevancy 44.29%

well this is the second time iv had trouble with this mobo first time i had to send it in to get its bios flashed updated and had to wait 1 month to get it back. anyways y prob now is the debug code CPU Init. and i have called them 2 times and get the same thing. rig : 700watt power supply, amd athlon 6400+ X2,8800 gtx, 4 gigs G.Skill ram ddr2 800. iv tried unpluging everything and trying on stick of ram in eatch slot and resting the comos and even going out and buying new diff ram Kingston ddr2 and still nothing. the lights dont trun on and the fans dont spin the only thing that turns on is the led lights on the mobo. and the lights is green on the board. its a brand new rig. i just about to order a diff mobo b/c this is just way to much!

A:CPU Initi - Crosshair mobo

i just about to order a diff mobo b/c this is just way to much!Click to expand...

May be you just have to, cus I heard nothing but complains about that board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-initi-crosshair-mobo.101794/
Relevancy 44.29%

ok this is a long rant but i have to let it out and i hope you all could give me advice plz I have dealt with asus over the weekend for hrs dealing with the idiocy of these people I have been on hold a minimum of to hrs i worked with at least different CSR's who have either read the wrong manuals issue ASUS their words gone over what connections belong where at least to times with each CSR passed along to supervisors who put me on hold and never came back i have talked to a manager about the situation who i told i expect to be compensated for all the aggravation they put me through and he asked me what I wanted and i replied with a tablet and he said he wouldnt qaurentee it but he would see what he ASUS issue could do I asked him if it would be possible to get a windows version of a tablet and he recommended a vivo again saying he will see what managemtent decides I then asked him when would ASUS issue i hear from him and he replied on tuesday so i waited until three PM and never recieved a phone call from him shocker there and i asked him if i didnt hear from him to call and ask from him which i did and was kept on hold for over an hour with very limited response I told these csr's they were idiots after having more than enough patience with them and i was sick of it After an hour of being on hold i hung up and called them back I asked for a supervisor and was given one who kept me on hold for to mins and finally got back on the phone and replied i am trying to work something out and help me out but he needed to put me on hold and i asked how long for and he stated mins A half hour went by until i hung up and called back I asked for another supervisor and he replied to me that the manager denied my request for a tablet I asked a few csr's and supervisors how they would feel if that was me and some replied they would be upset and not happy at all some wouldnt answer the question obviously coz they worked there as i told them they wouldn't answer me I dememanded to speak to this manager and they said they have no way of reaching him which i know was a crock of hit I then asked the supervisor where this manager worked and he replied corperate and i asked him for the number which he replied he didnt know but said he would get a message to him to call me tomorrow which i said to myself i know he wont so i asked the sup who i could contact that had access to him and could get him on the phone and they couldnt give me an answer so i told them I will be calling the better business bureau in the morning and he said that is my choice I plan on doing so in the AM I have tried to have as much patience with these idiots as much as i could lost my cool with them and swore at them telling them how dumb they are as i had it with them I have never been treated so badly before and have never heard anything like this i was lied to by so many different ppl before Sorry for my long rant but i had to get it out as i am very frustrated Could i please get some opinions from you all on what i should do Yuor opinions are greatly appreciated and wanted no matter what u think If i am so very wrong plz be gentle on ur comments thx

A:ASUS issue

Sorry but this should of been at the beginning of my rant. I was just pissed off at asus and verizon after both had trouble with their CSR as asus isnt too informative and verizon being on strike.

Ok, I will add a little more detail to my original post but in a more calmed manner. I was putting together my first build of a desktop PC and was excited to do it to prove to myself i could do it. I ordered my first 2 parts last monday and received them within 2 days which surprised me how quickly they came. So i went ahead and ordered the last few parts on Tuesday and everything else by Thursday except the RAM. I ended up putting together the complete thing within a short amount of time and saw why people enjoy building them coz it was fun. The only issues I ad was with the tiny pin connections for the fan, usb devices and some other things that I have forgotten at this time. I talked to a few places like amazon, new egg, forums, Best buy and a few local PC repair shops hoping to get some help from them but the all said you have to call asus and they all said good luck with that and i asked why. Just about all replied they are not too helpful and are hard to deal with.

When I got home, I called for some mobo help and after about 20 mins i got someone on the phone and he was willing to help me. He had me does over and over again with starting over 3 to 4 different times before he gave up. His supervisor got on the phone and was no help either. I went through these things about 7 times before they got it right. Picture all that and imagine the same thing happening with the drivers as well which brought me to my original rant. Hope this is a bit more clear now.

thx

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/asus-issue-277499/
Relevancy 44.29%

Good morning all...

I'm having trouble with some new RAM. My motherboard is an ASUS P5N-E SLI and it currently has (2) 1-Gig sticks of OCZ PC2-6400 installed. I just purchased 2 more sticks of OCZ PC2-6400 (OCZ2VU8002GK) but whenever I add both or just one I get a BSOD. Any ideas? Should I try flashing the BIOS? I saw that BIOS release 0901 adds support for different kinds of RAM.

Any help would be great. I'm at a loss. Thanks in advance and Happy New Year.

A:ASUS P5N-E SLI Ram Issue

Flash the Bios, see what happens,

Passed that it would be faulty ram.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5n-e-sli-ram-issue.119368/
Relevancy 44.29%

I recently bought a P3B-F, and i used my old 4 mb video card. no video popped up. I took out everything except processor, motherboard, ram and video card, and nothing comes up.

i tried two video cards, both worked in other computers, but still no video

the motherboard lights up when started

the ram works in other computers.

the board has no internal video

I have no other slot 1 mobos, so i cannot try out the processor.

Does this sound like either the mobo or the processor is busted, i just bought theses, that would be sad.

Relevancy 44.29%

I've installed an Asus ATI radeon X1650 silent DDR2 TV-out/DVI card. The secondary display (TV via S-video) shows all of the POST screens fine on boot up. Everything seems to be correctly identified, and I've run the 'catalyst' configuration software that comes with the card. No matter what I do though, I can't get video to play out to the secondary display. Tried 'extended desktop' and 'clone'. Am I missing something? Could there be something stopping video overlay? Running XP media centre.

A:Asus video out

Hmmmm...I re-ran the catalyst software yet again. Chose 'clone' instead of 'extended desktop'. Video to 2nd display is still set to 'theatre mode' - same as before. I've now got video to the secondary display when I PLAY the video files in the source window.(MSP8) but if I scrub on the timeline, or try to play in the preview window, I now get a load of vertical lines. At least it's now trying to play video out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-video-out.579766/
Relevancy 44.29%

Asus specs show this board as having on-board video but do not list a video connector (DVI or VGA) on the rear I/O panel. Does anyone know if there is actually one there? Seems like there must be but, if so, why is it not listed?

Thanks.

A:Asus M2N-MX Video

Has VGA out.

Never mind. I finally found a graphic of the rear panel on the NewEgg website. Mobo has VGA out. Thanks NewEgg! Rear panel graphic is not even shown on the Asus website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-m2n-mx-video.61681/
Relevancy 43.86%

The computer's a year old running XP and my incredibly card slow. mode issue? Driver Safe issue? Video boyfriend and I have no idea what's wrong with it it's his I'd put in hardware support but I don't know which piece of hardware may be corrupted exploding as we speak or what It began last night He's done this before -- he has two monitors one meant for a TV I believe and another old computer screen Normally it runs on the TV one because it's bigger He switched to the older one to show me how he can adjust the settings so that it's all vertical That was great and dandy and we didn't expect any issues He's done it before and it really isn't doing much to the computer Later after midnight he goes to switch everything back to normal First the computer acts like Driver issue? Video card issue? Safe mode incredibly slow. the monitor is there but that it can't do anything -- it tries to go into sleep mode or something Then I suggest he unplug Driver issue? Video card issue? Safe mode incredibly slow. shut down plug things back in normally and power back up This appears to work I was a bit happy then until we got to the XP loading screen It's going and then after it flashes then goes black Nothing comes up nothing does anything And so the three hour saga of last night begins We restart we spam F we get into safe mode he disables Nvidia but can't open the application Nor does his mouse function in safe mode I know some don't but it really doesn't help the situation I've used my laptop to bring up shortcut keys and we're functioning through everything that way He restarts after disabling Nvidia and nothing's different Spam F repeat We go to the device manager and look for any signs of danger He re-enables Nvidia restarts nothing different He tries looking for updates and he tells me that Nvidia doesn't need any nor does anything else in the device manager so far as he can see I'd written down the driver for Nvidia prepared to find any updates online and download it and somehow get it to him since even in safe mode with networking it didn't seem like he could get to the internet He's already started trying things again today but I think he wants to give up and just throw it out which we really can't do This makes no sense either so I refuse to give up until I find out what the heck is wrong with it in the first place Furthermore in safe mode everything is running incredibly slowly I don't know if this is normal since I've never had to do this but I'm talking - minutes between each command sometimes We also could not enter VGA mode for some reason nor are we able to normally boot He went to F and possibly F as well and couldn't find anything there that looked helpful but I just don't know what's going on or where to look because nothing appears to be wrong besides the way that it's acting Please and thank you so much I'll greatly appreciate anyone who can quickly assist and stick around for a little while for our answers as they'll take some time with the speed of the computer right now The Nvidia driver is Nvidia GeForce SE nForce I'm on my laptop if that wasn't clear which is a separate computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/driver-issue-video-card-issue-safe-mode-incredibly-slow-405321.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a problem in counter strike where whenever I shoot any gun the bullets land way above where the crosshairs are pointed. Although this does not happen with guns with scopes while there are zoomed in (i.e. it does not happen to the ssg552 or the AUG while they are zoomed in but it does when they are zoomed out.) I tried to reinstall CS but it still does not work. Please somebody help me I just want to play again.

Relevancy 43.86%

Ok My computer specs are that of what is in my signature I obviously have the Phenom II and an ASUS Crosshair II Formula board I m trying to get a good overclock but when i push my voltage back V it wont hold My cooling isn t an issue because even with my Bus set to and my multiplier set to x and my voltage at V i get to with temps still in the mid s At that point when I try go further it crashes or when I try to run a game at the mark it crashes I ve tried upping the Vcore voltage but it automatically crashes Temps II w/ Crosshair II Formula Phenom Overclocking 940 a are NOT an issue The board is an extreme overclocking board but i ve seen better overclocks with lesser mobos than what I m getting I ve uploaded images of my bios Any info on what else i should change to compensate for the overclocking would be appreciated As for the ram my board wont let me overclock Overclocking a Phenom II 940 w/ Crosshair II Formula them to the recommended with the Phenom II My old athlon X BE allowed me to and yet it was an AM CPU not an AM which is suppose to be able to support Now CPU-z wont recognize the CPU voltage with the phenom or at least not on this board It did perfectly fine with my athlon just not this one It s a bios issue I m hoping they will come out with a new one for some fixes Anyway any ocing information on what to do here would be appreciated Right now these are the current specs of which I m stable at however i haven t ran any intensive applications yet I ll get back to you on that one thanks Voltages http forums techguy org members chart -albums-bios-picture -dcp- jpg Tweeks http forums techguy org members chart -albums-bios-picture -dcp- jpg CPU speeds http forums techguy org members chart -albums-bios-picture -dcp- jpg Temps http forums techguy org members chart -albums-bios-picture -dcp- jpg CPU-Z http forums techguy org members chart -albums-bios-picture -cpuz jpg nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overclocking-a-phenom-ii-940-w-crosshair-ii-formula.800712/
Relevancy 43.86%

For those of you that have the Crosshair IV Formula and are thinking of using a Creative Sound Card TAKE NOTE Turns out that if you ever install the X-Fi codecs that come on the installation disk with the Crosshair IV Formula motherboard you will need to do an entire reformat Motherboards of For the Crosshair IV Formula Users of your hard drive and O S that contains the drivers for your system before installing the sound card Ugh what a pain in the quot You Know What quot After resorting to Advanced System Optimizer to make use of the un-install utility I noticed that there was a registry entry pertaining to the on-board X-Fi sound quot card quot that could NOT be removed No utility I found or used For Users of the Crosshair IV Formula Motherboards would un-install or remove it Driver Sweeper didn't even For Users of the Crosshair IV Formula Motherboards find it After performing a hard drive re-format and re-installing my O S I am happy to report that it is working just fine Well in truth I only thought the card sounded good before The difference is remarkable The quality of sound I am experiencing now is the richest and fullest I have ever heard It's definitely a card worth purchasing even if you have to do a little work to get it to work P S When re-installing your Motherboard utilities DO NOT install the VIA Audio codecs either I noticed on Via's site that they recommend that you avoid installing their codecs if a third party sound card is to be used Good to know

A:For Users of the Crosshair IV Formula Motherboards

A comment on Integrated Audio, if you are using a separate sound card. Disable the Integrated Audio in the BIOS as having the Integrated audio enabled can cause conflicts with a separate sound card. Not installing the drivers (codecs as you call them) and leaving the device enabled in the BIOS can still cause problems. I've seen problems with having the Integrated audio enabled and a separate sound card, from not being able to set the default playback device to Code 39 in the Device Manager.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/149440-users-crosshair-iv-formula-motherboards.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I've had 3 crosshair boards in a row with this problem. Testing it with just video/ram/mouse/keyboard, on a nonconductive surface, as soon as power starts up there is a sharp noise emmitting from the motherboard, very high frequency almost like a dog whistle. It's in a range where the older guy I work with can't hear it, but it drives me nuts. The sound comes from the area where the southbridge heatsink is, but I'm not sure it's that cuz Ive loosened the heatsink and still the same sound. You can hear the starting and stopping of the sound by spamming the onboard reset button, but I can't determine if its the actually button area causing the sound, or just a coincidence since the reset button is cutting off the circut that makes the noise in the first place. Anyone else come across this?

Relevancy 43.86%

I decided after much debate to get a AMD Phenom II 1055t processor, with the Asus Crosshair IV 890fx motherboard, and I'm already drooling thinking about it. That is around $400 for those components and I want to keep the build under $900.

I now need to decide on PSU, Memory, Vid card and case.

I don't need anything fancy in a case, I'm just looking for something functional, maybe mildly pretty, so I'm thinking around $50ish range. Likewise with PSU, it doesn't need to glow blue or anything, just needs the required wattage.

So I guess approximately $400ish for memory and vid card. I don't need 16 gig off the bat, am thinking around 4 gig.

Video card I'm thinking either something real cheap so it won't matter that much when I pull it out to upgrade in the future, or somethign i can crossfire in the future.

Any tips are appreciated.

A:Phenom II 1055 - Crosshair 890fx- what else to get

Here's what I suggest:

GPU:
ASUS EAH5850 Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro) 1GB - $289.99
or
MSI N460GTX Hawk GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB - $239.99

RAM:
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 - $94.99

PSU:
SeaSonic SS-650HT 650W - $79.99

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phenom-ii-1055-crosshair-890fx-what-else-to-get.153901/
Relevancy 43.86%

- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ?64bit
- the original installed OS on the system? None
- an OEM or full retail version? None
- OEM = came pre-installed on system
- Full Retail = you purchased it from retailer

- What is the age of system (hardware)? PSU and GFX =1/2 years ? rest is 2 days
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) few hours

I'm randomly getting a BSOD thats giving me something wrong about tcpip.sys

A:BSOD Crosshair IV Extreme tcpip.sys

You have no Windows Updates - please visit Windows Update and get all available updates (there's at least 60 - 80 available at this time).

Drivers for these devices aren't installed, please get them immediately:

Quote:
Universal Serial Bus (USB)-kontroller PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&SUBSYS_84131043&REV_03\FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF00 The drivers for this device are not installed.

Ikke tilgjengelig ACPI\ATK0110\1010110 The drivers for this device are not installed.

G19 Gaming Keyboard (Display interface) USB\VID_046D&PID_C229&MI_00\7&9076AB7&0&0000 The drivers for this device are not installed.

The first one is your NEC Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller - you can get the drivers from your motherboard manufacturer's support website here: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support- download_item_mkt (it's the first one under the USB section)

The second one is also from Asus and is availabe under the Utilities section. It's the 4th one down and is labelled "ASUS AI Suite II V1.00.29 Install Program for 32/64bit Windows XP & Windows Vista & 32/64bit Windows 7."

The third one can be updated from here: G19 Keyboard for Gaming

The BSOD listed in MSINFO32 blames e1q62x64.sys - a component of your Intel network card. As such, please download and install the 64 bit version of the driver here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...=3147&lang=eng

Will post back shortly with more info from the BSOD's.....

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/145620-bsod-crosshair-iv-extreme-tcpip-sys.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Wondering if anyone has had or has heard of this problem I ve been having with my Asus laptop When I m typing the computer will miss many of the characters I type requiring me to backspace and re-insert them more slowly It is not an issue with any specific keys it s all the keys The problem seems to be worse the longer my laptop is on It s almost like something in the background is interfering with the messages my keyboard is sending After installing several drivers I sent my laptop Asus keyboard issue to Asus and they reseated the keyboard and noted that it s working properly I think the biggest issue is that none of the techs seem to understand that I m not having a physical problem with the keys It s so frustrating It s also impossible to write a paper without going out of my mind Unfortunately I didn t discover the problem until after the weeks during which I could have returned the computer to Best Buy Anyway the model is X Vb X series if that helps Intel Core duo Ghz each GB RAM Windows Vista bit -Donna nbsp

A:Asus keyboard issue

It's the forum.. really... it was acting like I didn't post.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-keyboard-issue.133335/
Relevancy 43.86%

Is anyone else having compatibility issues between Asus motherboards and Creative Soundblaster sound cards? I updated all the drivers but its just not working.... weird. Any suggestions?

A:Asus Compatability issue

I had this kind of issue also... I just changed the sound card and presto... it worked.... you can always put that sound card into another existing computer if you don't want to toss it (which isn't very good of course)... I'm not sure why I had the problem also... but hey... its not a problem anymore...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-compatability-issue.683949/
Relevancy 43.86%

Ok, I have an IbuyPower ATX tower (Raidmax) with an Asus K8V Deluxe MB AMD 64 3200 processor, 3 G ram. I just upgraded it (along with two other or my PC's) to Win7 Home Premium. This machine makes a crash sound periodically (once an hour?) and the display goes black and says "no signal". In less than 15 seconds it returns to normal and is ready to go. So it's not a real Crash but something else. I suspect the GeForce FX5900 )128Ram) Video card. I have checked and updated all the drivers for the chipset, MB and the GeForce card. When this happens I see the CD/DVD drive lights (have two) flash like on start up but it's not a reboot that's happening that fast.

Anyone got a clue?

Soap

A:Asus K8V Deluxe Win 7 issue

Ok, something new.

It just completely shut down for the first time. I think it's haunted!

Soap

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405135/asus-k8v-deluxe-win-7-issue/
Relevancy 43.86%

I just got a RMA'd A7N8X deluxe ver1.04 back from asus and have it running fine, except when I play games I get the post error reporter "system fail cpu test "
Wondering if anyone know of a solution

A7N8X deluxe
AMD 2600+
OCZ 512 DDR400
Ati 9600 pro

A:Strange asus issue

Welcome to TechSpot

There are a few possibilities here:
- it may be that your CPU-cooler is too tight on the CPU
- you may have an Audigy card installed
- you may need an updated BIOS
but the most likely candidate is a too weak powersupply.

For future reference, please fill in your computer-specs under "user cp" (at top of page).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-asus-issue.13721/
Relevancy 43.86%

This 64 bit gaming machine (which runs faster and hotter than my quad processor Dell Latitude) and which has been running pretty well for a couple of years has recently developed an odd recurring problem, Clicking an icon will cause the display to blank out. The screen then returns (without reboot) but only after some of the type of colour display you might see when running diagnostics. It is equipped with a NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GS.

What could this be? Flash player crashes (which are always a problem) have recently gotten a lot more frequent. Norton is running at all times and doing idle scans and there have been no recent malware incidents reported. However, the Norton install itself is new and is frequently reporting excessive memory usage from Google Chrome or other browsers.

Thanks, cCc

A:ASUS G50 Display issue

Have you tried updating/reinstalling the video drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-g50-display-issue.1017015/
Relevancy 43.86%

Have combo of motherboard and video card stated above in title. About 10% of time, start up and get no video display. If I wiggle and/or re-seat the video card in the slot on the motherboard I get video. Sometimes it takes a few attempts. 10%!!!! NOT 100%. So this is an intermittent problem. I have been living with this for about a year and getting tire of it. So the system usually boots and works fine. Has anyone experienced this? I'm thinking a new motherboard. But the Video card was bought back in 2011, so it's old. Motherboard was bought in 2014 - and Yes I've upgrade the BOIS.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

A:asus M5A99FX and MSI GTX 560 TI No video

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Do you get any other systems or problems once the system is up and running, anything at all out of the ordinary?

First thing I would do is open the case (with it powered off of course) and physically remove and reseat the cards and cables to be sure they are firmly and correctly in place.

What is the exact make, model and wattage of your power supply and roughly how old is it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-m5a99fx-and-msi-gtx-560-ti-no-video.1157059/
Relevancy 43.86%

Using an older ASUS M3N72-D 2.3 GHz quad core motherboard with a NVIDIA 9600 GT pci video card that is beginning to fail. Gave PC and card a thorough cleaning and it has plenty of circulation for cooling. Want to upgrade to a better card but when I tried this with a 1GB video card before, It would work until PC went into standby or when the screensaver started. It would only work properly again when the PC was powered down and the power cord pulled to de-energize the board. Don't want to have to deal with that every time I'm away for longer than 30 min. Any lists of compatible video cards or a way to be assured of not having the same trouble as the other VC gave me. Thanx for any help you can give.

Relevancy 43.86%

Does anyone have thier picks for the best video card for an asus a7v with t-bird 850?
I'm looking for easy install NO mobo conflicts and good performance. Budget is @
$350.

thanx ct4033

A:the right video card for asus a7v

to be honest I havnt had really any trouble with any Vid on the A7V. What OS are you wanting to run? If Win98/Me then I would get a Asus V7700 or something along that line, if Win2k then maybe a Voodoo?? Not sure with the Buyout.

Then again if you are not doing games there are some great ATI cards for a lot cheaper.

------------------
~Jason

Infinity Networking and PC's
[email protected]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-right-video-card-for-asus-a7v.38638/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have an Asus A7V8X-X motherboard, reformatted and then was missing a lot of amounts of drivers.

Called asus, and got the link to download all the utilities and drivers. It fixed all of them except the video driver, i can not find it anywhere.
Can any one help?
Thanks....

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I upgraded can get new asus mobo, not video to an asus a n x-x motherboard with an AMD athlon cpu All the other parts were carried over from my old computer I installed the board and my Geforce Mx video card and do not receive any video signal I know the card is good because it worked in a new asus mobo, can not get video friend s computer The system starts up all LED s light all fans spin continously the cdROMS work even the video card fan spins I just do NOT get any video I tried using at least different video cards including one PCI card all others were AGP and still have had no luck I reset the CMOS multiple times I tried switching out the RAM in all different combinations of the three sticks new asus mobo, can not get video I have available including only one in the main slot I have disconnected everything except for the video card There are no beeps when it new asus mobo, can not get video starts up I tried a different powersupply too Basically I have switched out reset and checked everything my friends and I can possibly think of with no luck I highly doubt the board is bad because everything lights up and receives power I am absolutely desperate for help here and will accept try any suggestion that anyone has Me and everyone I talk to can not think of anything else that could possibly be done I read through dozens of threads on this site and others about troubleshooting and have tried everything I can find but to no avail Please help me out nbsp

A:new asus mobo, can not get video

You did not mention it so ,did you try the Display and Cable on a different machine to test.
Welcome to Techspot!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-asus-mobo-can-not-get-video.32953/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi.

I have just bought a new Asus V9520 TD N 128 Nvidia FX 5200 video card.

This works ok but I think the shop sold me an old card, as the drivers,
as shown in device manager are as follows

ASUS V9520 V56.55
Ver 5.6.5.5
1/29/2004.

Should I download new drivers for this card ?. I did have a look on the Asus
site but was confused as to which I needed.

Thanks

Natty.

A:ASUS video drivers

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-video-drivers.490589/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I ve got a box with a Asus p b motherboard I bought it used and it was working fine Win XP Let it set for a year or so and tried to fire it up and no go Won t boot won t post no beeps no video Fan on cpu runs speakers come on PSU seems to be doing it thing fan is on green led on board video Asus no P4B533 is on I can hear and feel HDD turning and Asus P4B533 no video whirring Switched out video card- no luck Took out all cards replaced- no luck Pulled out memory cards- in-out-- Asus P4B533 no video no dice Connector wires to front panel were unhooked Connected them nada Pulled and reseated pin v wire connector Asus P4B533 no video nope Switched out video cable and monitor to known working items- nothing Unhooked hard drive and cable--not a thing Haven t switched out PSU or cleaned up CPU seat or pulled all cables yet but it s kinda funny no beeps nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Hello I bought a Windows Asus laptop about a month back and have been running into a few issues I actually have tried asking the Microsoft tech forums directly but issue issue + Full Sleep Screen Video with a Sleep issue + Full Screen Video issue lack of responses I feel I need to ask elsewhere There are two issues I have here that I'm trying to fix Neither are laptop breaking at the moment but I'd like to fix them for the purpose of fluidity etc First off I'd like to explain that I managed to find a work around for my touchscreen not working after the laptop went into sleep mode only for a different issue to crop up I recently noticed that the time my laptop was taking to wake up from sleep wasn't actually it waking up from sleep It restarted the laptop The laptop goes to sleep just fine but upon opening the lid OR if I leave the lid open and hit a button to wake it up the laptop takes about - sec to quot wake up quot but in reality it appears to reboot the laptop Secondly I've encountered this issue from the very moment I downloaded Mozilla Firefox The video on fullscreen mode for any site and any streaming agent Update all addons drivers etc use to stutter I worked out a fix where now it lags or stutters now and then I'm not sure how to remove the issue altogether I've tried safe mode and fresh installations of firefox but the issues remain As of now the hardware acceleration is disabled alongside opengl This issue does not present itself on microsoft Edge on the same sites videos Same resolution for the video But as a long standing user of Firefox and someone who loves my scriptblocker switching to Edge doesn't seem possible I've tried

A:Sleep issue + Full Screen Video issue

For your first issue:

The ASUS drivers have been known to cause problems with the Windows 10 sleep process for some systems. One of the ASUS system drivers is an Intel Management Engine driver and this has been known to cause the behaviour you describe. You can temporarily disable it to see if it makes a difference. If it does you can try uninstalling it and allowing W10 to replace it with the generic driver from the Microsoft driver database.

I can't provide any guidance for your second issue, I use Edge and am growing to like it.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41517-sleep-issue-full-screen-video-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a question for the gurus here.

I notice with video playback that it gets a little choppy, like a line that forms across the middle of the screen and breaks up the video. It seems to only happen in 'higher intensity' video playback, but I don't know that for sure. I'm fairly certain that I have the most updated drivers from ATI, but will check for sure when I get home. What else could this be? Do I just need more power? The gfx card is a few years old now. Originally I thought it was my monitor, but I have since replaced it and the problem persists.

A:GFX Issue with glitch when video playback during video gaming

Have you gave your case a good cleaning lately, sounds more like a temp effect than power.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/286193-gfx-issue-glitch-when-video-playback-during-video-gaming.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi everyone I really hope that the problem I'm about to share is bound with the PSU but I'd like to read your opinions Basically my PC turned off suddenly while it was running a game - I checked the LEDs on the motherboard and the quot CPU LED quot was red then I tried to reboot it but the same led was still on I started to think on the possible solutions so Crosshair State Formula CPU_LED red Post IV | LED: I left the PC there for almost hours with the power Crosshair Formula IV | Post State LED: CPU_LED red supply disconnected When I came back to try the led was not red anymore but after like seconds the machine turned off again with the same red led on the quot CPU LED quot Since I couldn't use my PC I took the opportunity to refresh the thermal paste on the CPU and clean the inside from the dust Now I just tried Crosshair Formula IV | Post State LED: CPU_LED red to turn it on and again I could start the PC and enter the BIOS just to check temperatures and so on My AMD Crosshair Formula IV | Post State LED: CPU_LED red Phenom II X T was running at degree C so nothing wrong here but after like one minute the PC went off with the same quot CPU LED quot on Tomorrow I'll try to replace the PSU and see how it goes but what're your thoughts Many thanks lwrand

A:Crosshair Formula IV | Post State LED: CPU_LED red

See this thread for a possible explanation:

Crosshair IV Formula Red CPU LED on on motherboard stays lite and system wont post.

Do you have another CPU that you can try out? Also, do you have eight wires plugged in to the CPU 12V header, not four?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/372154-crosshair-formula-iv-post-state-led-cpu_led-red.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Ok hey guys this may end up as a bit of an essay for the past month now i have been trying to work out why my pc has so much problem posting of the time nothing happens not even a post check here are III Crosshair 790FX Post System Diagnosis the steps i have taken so far Parts all out of case on a non conductive and static free surface - Motherboard Crosshair III FX RoG CPU - AMD Phenom II x t PSU - OCZ Stealthstream watt RAM - Corsair XMS GB mhz I try to power on system with this setup CPU fan comes to life hard drive light on mobo flashes RoG icon on mobo is lit up and psu is active with fan spinning LCD poster simply says quot welcome quot for a few seconds then starts to display the unconfigured Cmos time starting from I try this again with just one stick of ram same thing happens then Crosshair III 790FX System Post Diagnosis i try again with no ram at all expecting a pc beep and a warning from poster the same thing happens again - this leads me to believe that its not my ram that is dysfunctional as it is not even trying to detect it in the post I know for a fact that this mobo will post happily if all the quot power leds quot on mobo are lit there are Crosshair III 790FX System Post Diagnosis about as far as i can remember which light up green by key component areas RAM CPU NB SB etc but at the moment no lights are displaying I first thought when i got this problem it was a lack of power my Radeon could have been hogging it all but even without card still nothing and card is tested and working in another system The problem is i cannot test my other components as i dont have anything of their level to swap out with My cpu i am pretty confident is perfectly ok video card is fine ram - im not too sure about as i have had some problems with it lcd poster - DET DRAM - sticking at this stage of post The power supply according to all psu calculators is more than enough for this system and is reliable and works with other systems i have tried This to me points at the problem being the motherboard - somehow it isn t recieving the power it requires to start posting why i don t know but i would be very greatful if anyone could help me shed some light on this and offer their opinions TIA Jamie nbsp

A:Crosshair III 790FX System Post Diagnosis

just tried booting it without a cpu in too, doesnt even realise theres not a cpu there

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crosshair-iii-790fx-system-post-diagnosis.980083/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi I have this asus motherboard
http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=9s5xj9DAuUWX35gT#
when I try to install the audio drivers im getting
"The HDA Audio bus driver is required and not found"
and Im on xp pro sp3 can some please help me. I need help assp as I have a course that im starting very soon and its online

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-hda-audio-bus-driver-is-required-and-not-found-crosshair-help.906066/
Relevancy 43.43%

had a crosshair motherboard that went wrong got a crosshair II under warranty and all seemed well... about 2 months on and i cant get any graphic board installed .. i did a new windows install of windows 7 64 bit from vista 64bit and got the new drivers for the card(s)
and although thay seem to install and i see the nvidia controls in my control panel...the 8800gtx isnt in my device manager.....fans are running on the card ....... i tryed a 8500 card to check but still nothing ..... onboard graphics are all i can get ....finding it hard to believe the motherboard has gone wrong any idears?

Relevancy 43.43%

" Excel question: Occasionally I click on an individual cell. It of course gets outlined all around and there's a fill box on the lower right. Well occasionally the big plus sign stays inside the box. I don't know how to escape from that action other than shutting down excel. It's as if it's waiting for me to outline some additional boxes or do a fill operation."

A:excel-can't escape cell with large crosshair

If this only happens in one file, it needs some work. Email me and I'll get you the instructions for that (click on envelope).

If it's any file, email my account at [email protected] and it'll automatically email you the instructions by reply.

Hope it helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-cant-escape-cell-with-large-crosshair.42874/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a new system ASUS P B-VM C D E GB RAM blah blah using an old Western Digital HDD which I wish to clone onto a new HDD I m unsure as to where I d plug the nd HDD in to clone it as I tried to plug it in to the the nd socket of the SATA sockets and when I use my cloning software Acronis True Image it says there isn t a nd HDD to clone onto The nd drive is formatted and recognised by Windows in the Disk Management Window Has anyone cloned an HDD on the P B-VM If so I d be pleased to know how to too My next plan with ASUS issue P5B-VM Cloning Disk of action was to plug the drive into the e-SATA socket on the back of the system to see if it would be recognised then as u need to plug an HDD into the back of the system so u can enable a RAID array Many thanks Rob nbsp

A:Disk Cloning issue with ASUS P5B-VM

Well, cant say i have used a P5B-VM, but im to assume your trying to clone a drive to begin a raid array?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disk-cloning-issue-with-asus-p5b-vm.71870/
Relevancy 43.43%

hi my last mb asus p8z77 v-pro went pare shape so decided to buy same one so won't have problems with anything but:
new mb don't see my ram 16gb corsair vengeance which was working on old one????
red led shows up continuous so did try cmos clear, did ram ok memory but atfer run up still goes red ~~I am a bit lost - its new mb and could be faulty? or I did missed something? please help

A:asus p8z77 v-pro ddr3 ram issue

right get to stage that boots up but only on 4gb so slot 2a, if i set all 4 in red led goes off, or even a2 and b2 still red dram led on why? did update bios ? on asus page corsair vengeance is recommended memory pls help

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/261761-asus-p8z77-v-pro-ddr3-ram-issue.html