Windows Support Forum

Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU

Q: Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU

I need help Okay so I hooked up all my parts last night with issue 560ti Crosshair and Video V Asus GPU to my ASUS Crosshair Formula V mobo and Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU when I boot it will not show any video whatsoever No beeps no video no nothing I have a ti in there right now because I wanted to test it before my new came in that I ordered yesterday Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU just wanted to see if the mobo was functional and all my other components were working Does anyone know why I would be getting no video I was thinking maybe I need to reset Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU the CMOS Some people told me to check the BIOS but how do I do that if I have zero video on my screen Any help would be great as I am at wit s end with this stupid computer it has not run right since I moved and it is extremely frustrating putting all this time and money into this thing with no results I used to have a Corsair Liquid CPU cooler but the pump died and I finally got fed up with Liquid Coolers and went with a Noctua heat sink instead Going to do some more testing after work but was hoping to get some tips from you guys I have other ti s I can test to see if that card is just dead but it was like midnight and just decided to give up for the night last night Also My motherboard doesn t have an on-board video port I don t believe I see none at least My PC was up and running with drivers loaded for this exact card before it went down the computer has just been sitting there for months I am using the same hard drive only thing that has changed is the Noctua cpu cooler being in place of the now dead Corsair H All the fans are running the video card fan is running the psu fan is running so it seems like everything is getting power Any help would be greatly appreciated If you need more info please let me know nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU

Let's do this one step at a time, first no part of any computer lasts for ever. U said u had 2 other video cards, first, see if either one of them will work. If that does not work, it could be the slot in the mother board, try an other X16 slot. but honestly to me it sounds like the mother board is not working if u have a speaker plugged into it and assuming the speaker is working because normally there would be beeps if the motherboard is not sending a video signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-issue-with-asus-crosshair-v-and-560ti-gpu.206575/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi everyone A few days ago I replaced my cpu motherboard and hdds on my system OLD System main components Case Antec v Cpu i Mobo Asus onboard realtek mobo low crackling) bk volume (very ud3h sound ac1150 issue - and Gigabyte p x d-e RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Intel Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) gb ssd Win HDD WD TB black New System main components Case Antec v Cpu i k Mobo Gigabyte z x - ud h-bk RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Samsumg evo gb ssd Win HDD WD Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) TB black I was able to clone the ssd and hdd samsung migration for ssd and Easeus todo backup for hdd Initally I had some driver conflict when I Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) booted up the computer on the new mobo I managed to uninstall all the old drivers and then used the driver cd to install the mobo drivers and even updated all of them to the latest version I The conflict I m still having is with the back panel audio for the onboard sound I get very low volume and and crackling at certain frequencies tried on both my generic creative speaker and Audio technical headphones When I m plugging in the speaker into the green port and have it plugged in half way or accidentally touch the jack to the I o plate I get really strong loud static noise Here is the list of solution that I tried with no success Updated the Realtek HD Audio Manager app I e the one installed from the driver cd to the latest one Used DPC latency checker and it is showing all greens didn t test it for more than a minute though should I be doing something while the app is on to test for interference Installed Generic Realtek driver for ac codec Disabled C E and EIST in the bios Played with the equalizers on Realtek HD Audio Manager helped to reduce bit of static but its still there and the volume is still very low Disabled all line in devices Checked audio with a ubuntu live cd and the problem still persists does this indicate a hardware issue What I find strange is that my front panel that is connected to the HD audio pins on the motherboard works fine with the same speaker and headphones I still have some more solutions I need to test out like Update the bios currently on F version the latest is F I have a spare asus xonar dg PCI so will try to install it and test if audio will works fine But this is not a permanent solution as I only have one PCI slot which I m using for my wireless card adapter Edimax g Run Memtest can this ever be a problem for sound related issues Driver Sweeper I believe I have properly manually uninstalled all the mobo drivers but going try this app to be sure Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to solve this This is the first time I m installing replacing a mobo and cpu so should check if there is a wiring issue when I replaced all the parts back into the case Please let me know if more information is need to help resolve this I have a few more days left incase I have to RMA the mobo so any pointers would really be helpful before I decide to send it back if at all TIA Sreejit S nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ud3h-bk-mobo-realtek-ac1150-onboard-sound-issue-very-low-volume-and-crackling.217321/
Relevancy 67.94%

Thinking of making the big switch from years of AMD gaming rigs to INTEL.
Currently am using a crosshair v formula z mobo with an fx 8150 cpu, and was going for a maximus vii hero mobo with an i7 4790k cpu.

Is this a worthwhile upgrade?
Is the maximus mobo inferior to my formula v?
I know the intel cpu is vastly better than the amd, but would I see a big improvement in my gaming?
Would I be able to use my 16gb 1600mhz corsair vengeance ram?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
(My gpu is an gtx 780oc 6gb version

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-crosshair-v-formula-z-vs-maximus-vii-hero.216689/
Relevancy 18.49%

Can't play 1080p HD video smoothly,it usually freezes and it becomes impossible to watch the video.I use vlc player but it still doesn't work.pc processor is Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz and RAM is 4.00GB(2.97GB useable), 32-bit OS,Windows 7 ultimate service pack 1.moreover,a hard drive of 24.4GB remains un-useable all the time.
so I need to know how can I solve this problem
do I need to add more RAM and get 64-bit OS?

A:Can't play 1080p HD video smoothly

Reset the router MTU to stop packet fragmentation.

usually in the section for the WAN side, you find the MTU setting defaulting to 1500.
reset it to 1492
save and reboot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-play-1080p-hd-video-smoothly.216512/
Relevancy 18.49%

FIXED The backplate of the video card looked exactly like my old one but it was somehow making my video card not slide down far enough took it off and now its running HUH ZA If there is a big danger in running it so lofty without a backplate message me and let me know If you have a msi g check the damn backplate I bought a nividia off ebay and my mobo does not detect it It lights up but that is it I can send it back but I wanted to know what I can try first I get this message system card My video does my detect not with the install cd when I use the auto driver updater on nvidia and when I manually download the driver from the nvidia site My old radeon worked fine Old card MSI R GAMING G -Bit GDDR This graphics driver could not find compatible hardware GV-N G GAMING- GD nvidia requires and pin connector Mobo z pro asrock CPU k PSU watt ocz sxs What I have done so far Connected the Power Connectors x My system does not detect my video card -Pin x -Pin From my old card to the new card Im using my old power converters could that matter Id use the one that came with the card but a damn wire is hanging out of its area Checked device manager no device Checked bios made sure pci-e x is the primary video card source Checked my bios mobo overview and it says there is nothing in that slot Uninstalled all amd and nvidia driver in the control panel Uninstalled all drivers with gurus free amd and nvidia Display Driver Uninstaller in safemode Reseated the card Googled a lot Im now going to reset the bios I heard I can also update the bios would that even matter am I just trying to hard to make this possibly DOA card work nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-system-does-not-detect-my-video-card.216578/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi,

Can someone give me an advice, I want to use the very high setting for GTA 5, but the video memory indicator indicates that I go overboard the 2GB of my GTX 750 TI, is that safe?.

BTW my resolution is 1366x768 only.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gta-5-video-memory-overboard.216484/
Relevancy 24.08%

Okay so for the past several hours I ve gone through the throes of attempting to get my Asus laptop s built-in webcam to work I took a on laptop cannot Windows 7 webcam the built-in Asus detect my look at Device Manager and had found two items titled quot Base System Device quot or something to that effect I don t quite remember and I thought that one of them would be the webcam Well after searching for the mystery items Hardware ID on Google I had Windows 7 cannot detect the built-in webcam on my Asus laptop discovered that these devices were in fact not the webcam Then I had used the quot Add a Device quot option under Devices and Printers in the Control Panel to try and find the webcam After letting it churn for ten minutes it appeared that Windows wasn t even searching anymore and I was staring at a blank window for nothing The only clue I have about the situation is after running DriverEasy it listed quot USB M UVC WebCam quot as a needed update but it also said quot unplugged quot beside the selection and was highlighted in red After attempting to download and install the driver the program had given me some Packard-Bell webcam driver that is most definitely not correct Packard-Bell still exists This had all started however when I made a clean install of Windows I had just spent the last two days scouring the web digging up my lost drivers and programs that had come with the laptop Everything s been successful save for this one element My webcam is lost somewhere in my laptop I just can t get to it If anyone has any ideas as to what s happened and yes I know it s a possibility the wiring is shot and how to fix the issue please give me any tips that you can I ve done everything possible in my power including trying to find the drivers but you obviously can t install drivers for devices that Windows doesn t even detect Oh before I forget my laptop model is Asus x v B if that helps in any way nbsp

A:Windows 7 cannot detect the built-in webcam on my Asus laptop

Was this laptop purchased with Windows 7 as the OS that was installed on it ? Or did it come with Windows Vista and you just wiped it out and put Windows 7 on yourself??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cannot-detect-the-built-in-webcam-on-my-asus-laptop.155636/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello,

I have been using the same set up for just over a year now and yesterday my monitor (which is just a TV with a HDMI port) stopped receiving signal.

I can boot up the pc and get the BIOS, which I can go into and see everything fine, as well as the windows loading icon but when it would normally go to the log in screen I get nothing.

I can however plug in an extra monitor (an actual Samsung monitor) with a VGA cable and it all works fine and on top of that if I connect the TV at the same time it works perfectly fine as a second monitor.

However if I try to turn off the VGA monitor and just use the HDMI TV then I get no video signal again.

No idea how to get my main TV monitor working again. Totally stumped.

Processor: Intel Core i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz
RAM: 8.00GB
Video Card: GeForce GT 620
MOBO: Asus Ranger VII
PSU: Corsair 500w
Monitor: Technika 22" HDMI + Samsung SyncMaster 2032 VGA

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-no-video-found-when-main-display.215571/
Relevancy 18.92%

My present video card is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 260. I really want to go up on my card, sticking with Nvidia chipset. My mother board is a Asus P5E3 Deluxe. Not sure how high I can go. The 260 wont accept Direct X11. Which rules out " Alien Isolation" and " Witcher The Wild Hunt ". Any help would be great.

A:Upgrade my video card

Forgot to note, board has an Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3 GHz 8192 RAM

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-my-video-card.214801/
Relevancy 18.92%

Here are my specs Motherboard GIGABYTE G Sniper H CPU Intel Core i - K Devil s Canyon Processor GHz GT s Hard Drive Western Digital Blue WD EZEX Video card SAPPHIRE Vapor-X VXL RAM HyperX FURY GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Problem video output with Model HX C F x This is sort of a complicated issue I will try my best to guide you through what is happening I started with all of my devices connected including my video card and sound card When the HDMI was connected to the video card the motherboard logo would appear for a split second and disappear to be replaced with a black screen The black screen does not go away and the BIOS menus cannot be accessed I then tried removing the video and sound cards and connecting the HDMI directly to the motherboard Problem with video output The BIOS menu started up and I was able to install my OS and motherboard drivers There are no issues when the computer is RESTARTED but when it is shut down as it needs to be to install the video card sound card there is no video output at all Connecting HDMI to the video card gives the same issue as before I have been able to get video output by using the jumpers although this only works sometimes and I would really prefer not to need to do this every time I start my computer So far I have been able to install my sound hard with this method but the video card is tough Please help nbsp

A:Problem with video output

I should mention that the jumpers I mentioned are used only to reset the BIOS, I apologize for any confusion. Basically, resetting the BIOS allows for video output sometimes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-video-output.214716/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey! I've been debating on wether I should buy the Lenovo Y50-70 (59427681)
or the ASUS N551JM-CN095H .
I'm looking to buy today, so I'd appreciate quick replies
Main difference is that the Lenovo has Hybrid Memory with 8 GB SSD cache, but it only has 100 mb LAN network speed, compared to Asus' 1000 mb speed.

The price of the Lenovo : 903 USD
The price of the Asus : 967 USD

Here I will give you the link so you can compare these two against eachother. It's in norwegian, but it shouldn't be a problem
http://www.netonnet.no/CompareView/...t=210134&compareItemId=210134&itemList=210779

A:Which should i pick? The lenovo Or the Asus ?

What do you want your laptop to do?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-should-i-pick-the-lenovo-or-the-asus.213861/
Relevancy 24.08%

Asus has released a new notebook that looks to be the closest rival yet to Apple's bar-setting MacBook Pro. At 0.81 inches thick, the ZenBook Pro UX501 is a tad bit thicker than the MacBook Pro but it more than...

Read more

A:Asus' new ZenBook Pro UX501 touted as the latest MacBook Pro killer

I was really being impressed by this device until I accidentally noticed the price then my eyes started to burn and stream. $500 less and Asus would've hit one right out of the park.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-new-zenbook-pro-ux501-touted-as-the-latest-macbook-pro-killer.212454/
Relevancy 24.51%

Until recently my laptop, an Asus Vivobook with an i5-processor, touchscreen and a 500 gig harddisk, worked just fine, no problems whatsoever. But when I started playing GuildWars 2 it developped a nervous 'tick'. Let me explain: of course the battery of my laptop doesn't last forever, so sometimes I have to plug it in while playing GW, and as soon as I do that the screen starts to black out randomly, as bad as sometimes every 3 seconds. It turns itself on again, and there's no loss of performance (at least not a noticeable one). It gets worse: when I stop playing it continues to flicker on and off. I know that it's not a heat problem, at least I don't think so. SpeedFan detects temperatures up to 67 degrees while playing, but that's it, my laptop should be able to handle that.

Can anyone help me?

A:Laptop problem Asus Vivobook Q301LA

...ok, here's an addendum to my post: at the moment the screen goes blank every time I plug in the charger, and the core temperature is around 51, 52 degrees, so in my humble opinion it's definitely not a heat issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-problem-asus-vivobook-q301la.204938/
Relevancy 24.08%

Asus announced a bevy of new products earlier today at Computex but one thing you might have missed is this transforming desktop PC chassis. Crafted with help from In Win, this unique convertible case from Asus' ROG division takes the...

Read more

A:Asus ROG, In Win show off practical transforming PC tower at Computex

"Practical" is debatable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-rog-in-win-show-off-practical-transforming-pc-tower-at-computex.213595/
Relevancy 24.08%

Up until this point, Asus has been solely focused on producing G-Sync monitors for the gamers out there with Nvidia graphics cards. However this is set to change, with the company preparing to release their first FreeSync monitor, the MG279Q. ...

Read more

A:Asus joins the FreeSync market with 1440p, 144 Hz IPS display

Finally a good IPS monitor. I got tired of seeing so many TN ones.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-joins-the-freesync-market-with-1440p-144-hz-ips-display.211255/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello,

I am looking into upgrading one of our conference rooms at work with something that can provide output to at least 2 HDTV and 1 projector, with the future of a 3rd hdtv.

I been out the loop for awhile with video cards, and wanted to know if anybody knows of a way this can be done with a possible video card that has 4 hdmi outputs? They will be (2) 55 inch hdtvs and a projector which should output its own resolution

Thanks for the help ahead of time.

A:Any video cards with 4 HDMI outputs?

No video cards I know of have 4 HDMI outputs, but you can find plenty of cards that have that many if you combine DVI + Displayport. You could always use DP converters to HDMI got get the appropriate number of connections, but remember that after 2 non DP devices you'll need to start using Active Converters if you plan to keep the signal digital.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-video-cards-with-4-hdmi-outputs.172449/
Relevancy 24.08%

"You make bad decisions" said a coworker as I pulled the relatively massive Asus ROG G751JY-DH71 gaming laptop out of my backpack during a recent trip to our home office in New York City. I'm not certain I did. ...

Read more

A:Asus ROG G751JY-DH71 gaming laptop review

Sold! As in.. I've been in the market for over a month to buy a gaming laptop and couldn't find one worth wasting money on.

I say this for two reasons:

1) GTX980M - this thing is a whole other beast to the 970M. Forget about the 960M altogether.
2) 1920 x 1080 - THANK F%^&ING GOD!! Stop offering me "gaming" laptops with 4k screens and GTX960M/970Ms that can't possibly drive them! A vast majority of gamers are still playing on 22 inch 1080 res desktop monitors and this thing is only 17". It sounds pretty having that 4K moniker in there.. but.. stop it already!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-rog-g751jy-dh71-gaming-laptop-review.212560/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi
I have an asus x555ld-x0549h, it has a built in camera that does not work. I have been searching for a driver all day and didnt find a thing...
then I tought that the camera was being blocked and I enabled it and... still noting...
can anyone help me please?
I'm using windows 8 and the camera app says that I need to plug in a camera... so.... wtf?! :S

A:Asus x555ld built in camera not working

How old is this laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-x555ld-built-in-camera-not-working.212530/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello,

I need some professional help.
My computer:
AMD a10
4fb RAM
R9270x BY XFX
NOW, without the graphics card the computer runs fine. When I install the ddriver's for the r9 it will work, but eventually the display driver stopped working makes its way back.

I've ran all diagnostics on the memory and checked temperstures which all turned out to be fine.

I sent the card into xfx and they returned it saying it's fine.

WTF DO I DO MATES. I think it's the card....but that's just me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-and-display-driver-issue.212301/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hey guys I can t seem to get into my old account so created a new one So here is my issue that I hope someone has a solution Long ish story FYI I didn t realize until after I wrote everything but when I refer to crash I mean the entire system crashed Been playing games on my computer pretty regularly with no problems crashes on Aliens Isolations but that was it and irregular Enter the realease of GTA I buy it I upgrade my drivers to the new Nvidia im using a GTX I play it it crashes after Card Video be crashing Might a bit I get bored and play csgo it crashes after a little bit I have hours with no crash I rollback my drivers reinstall update Works for a while everything seems fine Come back today and play a different game that has given no problem It crashes I look at video card stuff another crash Video Card Might be crashing I completely remove all the drivers and reinstall them after restart do stress test another crash I have cleaned the inside of the computer but that has not fixed anything I have run whocrashed to read the system log but it only reads a crash log from yesterday although it is referencing a nvidia created crash So now I m here and I have absolutely no idea what to do if I can get any help I would be appreciative another random note tried to test it with gta again and the launcher said it was missing gta exe I looked and its gone for whatever reason have to reinstall I guess Not a huge deal just thought it may be worth noting Thank you guys for your time oh and system specs gb RAM MSI GTX Duel monitors i cpu asus z- mobo nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-might-be-crashing.212021/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hey guys. Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to computers. I would like to upgrade my video card and I'm not sure which card to choose. I have an HP Pavilion Elite m9452p. I'm not exactly sure what specs you need, so please let me know if you need more info.

processor model: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200
memory: 8 GB
processor speed: 2.33 GHz
memory speed : PC2-6400
memory type: DDR2 SDRAM
video card: GeForce GTS 250
power suppy: Cooler Master 550w

Any info you can provide will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-upgrade.212008/
Relevancy 18.49%

As the title implies I m currently having issues the first major issue is that my PC is turning on off and which the second is that my other hard drive suddenly up and Issue Invisible & HDD Computer Grounding disappeared on me My computer started to turn on and off on me for no reason while I was trouble shooting my initial problem of the HDD when I fiddled around inside my case Eventually ripping everything out of the case and quot card-boarding quot the motherboard which it worked and stayed on and as I gradually put everything back together it was all good until I sat the motherboard back onto the brass copper studs that sits inside the frame and screwed it in At that point my computer started to turn on and off again which lead me to believe it s some manner of a grounding issue Computer Grounding Issue & Invisible HDD I have no clue on what to do at this point about going about this should I just get a new case made of plastic My current full tower case is all steel While I was watching a movie which was stored on my second hard drive is started to freeze lag repeat all that good stuff on me It froze my computer up completely and I was force to hard reset the computer when I booted my PC back up I found that my second hard drive had up and vanished on me So I went into my bios and saw it quot working quot I switch to ACHI to see if it ll make a difference but I got a BSoD so I left it at IDE At that point my computer gave me the option to quot repair windoe files quot or start normally Both options made my computer get stuck on the loading screen thankfully safe mode boots up fine So what could had caused this and how may I go about fixing it nbsp

A:Computer Grounding Issue & Invisible HDD

I also swapped out the PSU with a spare I had lying around, didn't get any power from it so I reused my old one. Now I don't have power from that one either. So besides the "missing" HDD and a suddenly a "no longer working PSU "I'm assuming the motherboard is bad, opinions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-grounding-issue-invisible-hdd.211499/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello, I'm new here and have no idea this is the right forum.

However, I need to clean my Laptop fan, but I dont know how to remove my keyboard.
Keyboard is attached to my sound bar (which means it is a complete platform). I removed all the screwes I could find but still. I cant remove it, or dont know how to do. my fan needs to be cleaned up because it is blowing hard to cool my laptop. and that is anoying.

I hope anyone can help me here?

A:Asus R500VD-SX093V Fan cleaning

Hopefully this will help someone else... Remove all the screws from the bottom of the laptop. The screw that holds the optical disk in place is hidden under a rectangular rubber insert on the bottom. Remove it as well. The entire top of the laptop with keyboard attached still lifts straight up. They have extra long cables for the buttons, keyboard etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-r500vd-sx093v-fan-cleaning.201600/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have a Shuttle-PC with an i5 processor and 16gb of memory. The system has two Planar 27 in. Monitors. I periodically (maybe three times a week) have the video go crazy (see photo) and the system locks up. The only way to get out of this is to reboot. Does anyone recognize the problem and have suggestions on what to do?

Thanks,
Mike

A:Video Displays Lock up

Take a look at inside your computer, is it dusty. Sounds like your video card is getting to hot. this can be caused by dust or even the thermal grease could dried out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-displays-lock-up.210907/
Relevancy 18.92%

Ever since I setup a KVM switch to have 2 computers sharing 1 monitor/keyboard/mouse, I have had monitor problems.

There is a subtle but noticeable wobble/ wavey-ness thing happening across the screen when connected to one of my computers (my AMD).

Also, my display (with AMD computer) has a stretched horizontally look. I have tried different screen resolutions but they all give this stretched look which I didn't have before.

And my AMD used to give 1920 x 1080 as an option for max resolution, but this is now capped at 1600 x 1200.

Please help as this is very annoying & looks awful. The specs of the KVM switch say "Max. Resolution: 1920 x 1440. Bandwidth: 200MHZ"

My AMD computer:
Windows 7 64 bit SP1.
AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.6GHz.
4GB Ram.

Philips 226V3L.

Video card ATI Radeon HD 4350

A:KVM issue with monitor

What is the make and model of the KVM switch you purchased? I have tried lower quality switches at my work and found similar results. Ended up having to get one of the more expensive / better brand ones that solved the issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kvm-issue-with-monitor.210931/
Relevancy 18.49%

My Dell has been acting up pretty recently (6 months old and still under warranty), and the battery does not charge past 80%. Once it get's near the 80% charge, it immediately fills up to 100%.

I've remembered using the laptop for more than 6 hours under moderate use but now it barely lasts 2 hours.

Please give me some advice because I'm really dependent on this laptop.

A:Dell Inspiron 3437 Battery Issue

You have 6 or 8 cells battery. If 6 it's normall. Should work about 2-max 3 hours when new. On 8 cells could work till 5 h.
Producers give only 6 months of warranty on bateries

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-3437-battery-issue.210804/
Relevancy 18.92%

Is there any way to increase the amount of RAM dedicated to graphics on a dell inspiron n5010 laptop?
My specs are as follows:

cpu: intel quad-core i3 processor
ram: 4 Gb dual channel
gpu: intel hd graphics (intergrated)
current dedicated graphics memory: 64Mb

I am not afraid to use aftermarket tools like hacked bios etc?

please help!

A:Insufficient video RAM

I don't think so. Laptops are not gaming systems and GPU memory is nill, using shared system ram instead. For 90% of the populations, GPU ram is a non-issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/insufficient-video-ram.210646/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a Dell Optiplex 330 which has a 2.0 dual processor with 4gb of ddr2 ram. I have windows xp installed and I have a video card that has 1024 mb of ram. I am unsure of the brand of video card or further specs. I bought it off of ebay some time ago.

My problem is that when I try to play streaming video it wants to freeze a lot. I have already given more space for the virtual memory on my computer: I think 4 to 8 gb and I have set my hardware acceleration way down but these changes haven't helped.

I can download and play movies fine, I only seem to have problems when playing streaming video like from hulu.com or letmewatchthis.com which directs you to sites like: putlocker, deditv, sockshare, loomba, etc. I have used other computers and they don't seem to have as much problems with this so I hope that somebody knows what I need to do to solve this problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Freezing problems with streaming video

When you say freezing, do you mean just the video freezes, or the whole system? If its just the video, it could have something to do with your internet connection. Is the computer on wired internet or wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freezing-problems-with-streaming-video.164671/
Relevancy 43%

I recently got this amazing p monitor for my custom rig and I love it Well most of it There is this problem with the backlight where when the monitor turns on after a while of inactivity the backlight turns on Monitor Backlight ASUS an with Issue VK-248h for a split second Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight then suddenly goes very dim Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight The brightness setting Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight is unchanged kept at a solid yet it s a quarter as bright as it should be I can go into the menu and change the brightness and I can tell faintly that it does adjust but never up to the proper level To remedy the issue I repeatedly turn the monitor off and on until the display finally lights up properly and it stays that way for the entire time I am using it At the start of the session in which I write this post I had to do this at least times before it worked so I finally decided to really look into this problem It seems this is a unique issue as I found absolutely no matching posts on the interwebs by searching with the all-mighty Google Search Is there anyone that can provide some insight as to why this occurs and or how to fix it Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight

New theory: Bad capacitors... somewhere. Possibly power supply

After a day at work, observing some coworkers working on used LCD TVs (and working on one myself), I now understand quite a bit more about such things.

I had removed the display from my setup and left it on the floor for a few days. Today, I decided to try it again. The backlight started up perfectly fine, surprisingly. The ASUS screen showed for a couple seconds, then went off, as normal. Then, when it's supposed to activate the selected display input, it shows the screen for just long enough to get half a frame drawn, then goes completely black. Turning monitor off and on repeatedly, and trying different input methods, gave same result. I got it to work once, but at that time the backlight had gone too dim again.

I think now I might know how to fix it, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to take the dang thing apart! Lol.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issue-with-an-asus-vk-248h-monitor-backlight.209650/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi all,

I'm working on a XP machine. I think its slowness when installing apps (and also when its installation) is because of the HDD issue. Maybe there are bad sectors. I know that using C:\ drive properties -> tools, I can test the C: drive for bad sectors. But how to see the results!? It's wants me to restart the PC. Is there any log file after finishing of the test?
Is there any better way to find and solve the issue please?

A:HDD issue

The better way is to run a true diagnostic utility like SeaTools. Run a Long Generic test on the drive and see what happens (this will take a while).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-issue.209045/
Relevancy 24.94%

I bought a new drive only to rip my dvd collection and I choose a fast on at 16x, but to my surprise and disappointment I see that the drive is riplocked. I did a lot of research to check that it wasnt in fact riplocked but it is unfortunately.

I have read a lot of articles and done a lot of research to try to find out how to remove this riplock and I found out that the asus drive is actually a rebranded pioneer drive (bdr-206) and that this firmware should do the job BDR-206_FW106EU (found at files.rpc1.org) but when im running it I get a DOS window saying that the firmware has started but right after im getting an error message saying "Available target not found". The drive is connected by using usb 3.0 and its external.

Its now ripping at 2.5x instead of 16x because of the riplock.
I would really appriciate any help on getting this drive to rip at 16x.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-remove-riplock-on-asus-bw-12d1s-u.209004/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi All I have a strange one here I connect to the net via my Belkin router nothing special about the setup of the router My main pc however I have configured to use a static IP for downloading purposes I have used the same IPV settings for a number of years with no dramas Last night I switched on the PC and connected to the Internet but after a few minutes I got the no internet connection symbol yellow triangle I am connected via networking plugs also so tried the see if they were the issue but they are fine I ran the windows troubleshoot wizard and it came back with Your computer is trying to use a DNS server that is incorrect or doesn t exist I removed my static IP details and tried to connect by obtaining IP details automatically but this had no effect I used my phone s internet connection DNS Issue to google this DNS Issue and was advised to try which I then reinput my static ip details but this time putting the google dns settings and I can connect to the net The wierd thing is that my wifi will not connect to the net my DNS Issue question really is do I need to update the DNS setting in my router in order to get wifi working or should I be flushing DNS on pc the wifi is for my Ipad so not a lot DNS Issue I can do on that to connect Making my brain ache a bit sorry for the long post any help or advice would be appreciated Arvon nbsp

A:DNS Issue

Yes, you can set the DNS addresses in the router manually and then every device connected to that router will inherit your settings when they are configured to you DHCP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-issue.208570/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey, I'm a new member here with a problem!

I have a pair of Skullcandy Crushers with an arguably great built-in mic that turn on with a press of a button. However I built a new computer a few days ago and installed the latest version of the ASUS Realtek HD Audio manager, and while the audio on the headphones work, the mic refuses to work and isn't even recognized on programs like Skype and Hangouts.

I have tried the front two ports and tinkered with the settings and nothing has worked as of now, please help ASAP!

-Extabyte

A:Skullcandy Crusher mic not working with ASUS Realtek HD Audio Manager

Yeah thats because Skullcandys aren't really built for computers, just iPhone & Android. I had the same issue with my Skullcandy headphones and decided to buy a legit for PC headset. Sorry you spent your money on them!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/skullcandy-crusher-mic-not-working-with-asus-realtek-hd-audio-manager.204154/
Relevancy 42.14%

I m doing this on my Toshiba laptop at the moment and you ll see why later in this post Earlier today I acquired an ASUS Z C notebook and had noticed that the keyboard is acting rather strange Certain keys will also register other keys when pressed Here s which ones react this ASUS Issue Z54C/X54C Mapping Keyboard way letters are not case sensitive U will also register Zero will register registers registers R W registers S ASUS Z54C/X54C Keyboard Mapping Issue I I places a Date Stamp this might be the problem There may be others but I d like to move on to the behavior the way this behaves is if I press the key U then quot u quot or quot U quot will show up depending on ASUS Z54C/X54C Keyboard Mapping Issue if I press Shift or not The same thing happens if I press the key This is the same for all others if I press one or the other of these keys in question the other appears with it At first I thought this was a problem with the copy of Windows that was installed so I installed Windows Tech Preview I was going to do so anyway However this behavior did not go away Looking for help and I d be more than happy to resolve this problem I should note that not all keys behave this way but that the majority of them work fine It s just that this should not be happening to begin with I ve also pulled the keyboard out and inspected it I didn t see any dried fluids or any obstructions in the keys Should I perhaps consider replacing the keyboard Sadly I have no USB keyboards to see if the behavior is isolated to the laptops primary keyboard although using the On-Screen Keyboard doesn t elicit this behavior nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-z54c-x54c-keyboard-mapping-issue.208302/
Relevancy 18.49%

Have an unusual mark on screen at startup then green lines and pink but otherwise pc ok cannot upload jpeg image for some reason

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-issue-dell-1520.208131/
Relevancy 52.89%

HI all I am having problems detecting the Xonar Pheobus and have tried all and 5 Rampage Asus Phoebus Xonar issue Asus Extreme the pcie slots with no luck Red and the grey - even the shorter grey slot Have disabled the motherboard s HD onboard Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue sound too and still not detected in my devices The pcie cable is connected to the sound card and I have enough PSU to power all - Enermax W When the card is inserted to the grey slots - The red light Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue is seen through the control extension box Headphone Microphone Connector Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue box jack ports However the green light is NOT seen AND the Xonar Phoebus logo on the card itself is lit powered up However when I insert the card into the red pcie slots these lights are not on One this else I noticed is the card DOES go warm over some time so tells me it is not switched off I tried to install the driver and I get a message no card detected etc etc Is there anyone kind enough to advise me their BIOS settings etc who has managed to get the Xonar to work properly Did you have to adjust any BIOS settings from default to get the card to be recognised Printscreens would be cool if it is not too much of a bother Thank you in advance Kind regards Killershadow nbsp

A:Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue

The question(s) I have is ->
Am I missing anything when attempting to install the sound card? I have tried with no GPU drivers (including the Nvidia sound for the GTX 750 ti sc) / disabled onboard HD sound and still the sound card not detected.
Even in this motherboard, it should detect the sound card regardless of what sound source is set as default and then allow me to install it and set it as default (without messing about with the BIOS)?
Maybe my sound card has died when moving it from the last computer - Static death.....................
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-xonar-phoebus-and-asus-rampage-5-extreme-issue.208076/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello All I am having a bit of a strange issue that I have with CPU Motherboard or Strange issue never run into before Yesterday after getting home from the store I booted up my PC and started to play a game although I noticed that I was getting framerate stuttering It seemed to keep dropping a lot throughout my play So I started taking a look at some of my sensor utilities Strange issue with CPU or Motherboard When I opened Asus Probe II I noticed that it was telling me that one of my chassis fans weren t running Okay no problem it must have gone bad I than took at look at the frequency and noticed that my AMD FX- was only running at GHz per core I also checked CPUZ and had the same results So I booted to the bios just to take a look and noticed that it show my Chassis fan WAS running fine and that my frequency was at GHz per core as it should So I though that it must be a fluke Booted back into windows and again same issues So I shutdown and took the side off my case which is also where the Chassis fan it said was running is located Turned the computer back on and noticed the fan was running fine I logged into windows and noticed that seconds after windows logs in that one chassis fan turns off and the CPU underclocks to GHz multiplier All of the other fans in my case still running perfectly GPU running fine HDD s running fine Could it be possible that Asus probe II itself is underclocking my CPU If so what would be causing the fan to shut off My first thought was power-supply but I have no issues when stressing my hardware even in this state I am an IT consultant but have not run into this issue before Any help would be greatly appreciated PC Specs- ASUS m a r Motherboard AMD FX- CPU CoolerMaster HYPER N CPU Cooler Kingston HyperX Blu GB x Galaxy Geforce GTX Ti OC w PowerSupply Cougar Evolution Full Tower Case Samsung gb SSD Let me know if you need any other information nbsp

A:Strange issue with CPU or Motherboard

CPU temperature too high?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-issue-with-cpu-or-motherboard.203184/
Relevancy 24.08%

So I recently picked up this monitor for some sweet 144hz gaming. Used it for a while at 144hz and it worked perfectly. Recently hooked up a second monitor and noticed a drop in frames. Went to check my advanced resolution settings and for some reason my monitor had defaulted to 60hz. When I tried to bump it back to 144hz I get this weird flickering/artifacting going on but it works great at 120 hz. I am using the dvi cable that came with the monitor and I'm running a gtx970 overclocked to 1430hz gpu and 7600 hz memory. I get this effect when I default my gpu to it's factory oc settings so I'm not sure what's going on here. Is it my gpu or do I need a new dvi?

Cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/144hz-refresh-rate-issues-asus-vg278he.208035/
Relevancy 18.06%

So I have a Toshiba Portege r500 with no H/d & a second one for parts. When I went to take the H/D and pop it in I realized the H/D hook-up cables are different. The "parts laptop" has a "FMUSH1" cable connecting it to the sata drive. The newer Portege has a cable labeled " FMUPH2" (I'm assuming for an SSD?)

My Question is....Can easily swap them somehow or is there an adapter/converter possibly?

Thanks in advance for any possible help!

A:Fmuph2 HDD Cable Issue (Toshiba Portege R500)

So with more research I'm thinking I have a ZIF Tape (Cable) that previously connected to a 1.8 SSD which I now need to convert to a 2.5 sata connection.
I ordered a 24-Pin ZIF to SATA Adapter Connector Card off eBay. It comes with its own "ribbon" (Tape/cable whatever) as shown in the pic. Will I need to replace the ZIF from my mobo with it? or is it simply in case "you" need it?
Also just wondering could I have swapped out the sata ribbon (Fmush1) with the ZIF ribbon (Fmuph2) where they connect to the MoBo instead? (It's extremely difficult to get to on this model and the "clips" seem very fragile so I avoided attempting it)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fmuph2-hdd-cable-issue-toshiba-portege-r500.207530/
Relevancy 18.92%

My computer has an MSI Iona motherboard with an Intel Core 7 860 processor and 8 Mb RAM. It also has a NVidia GT230 video card which I would like to replace. Does anyone have any ideas?

A:Upgrading my video card

It appears that you have a PCI Expres x16 (2.0) slot, so any PCI-E graphics card will work. Check out this "best GPU for the money" article at Toms for suggestions at different price points. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-video-card.207814/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello! I want to buy a Geforce Gtx 980 4GB gddr5 for my pc but I dont know if my motherboard can support it, how can I tell? my mother board is B85-G41 PC mate>, My procesor is i7 4770 3.40GHz. RAM is 16GB 1600MHz and PSU is 500W.

A:Video Card Support

From the information you provided, yes the GeForce GTX 980 will work very well with your MSI B85-G41 motherboard. You may want to keep an eye on your PSU though. 500W is the minimum system power requirement (according to the Nvidia website) to run the GeFore GTX 980. If you Overclock the GPU, it may run into some issues with the draw power coming from the PSU, and could cause it to go into an overload.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-support.207732/
Relevancy 19.35%

My pc was getting heated nd fan was a bit noisy.
so cleaned my fan in a shop .when I returned home hardly 10 min my pc worked then shut down
again I went der he saw fan was not moving he pushed it a bit nd it started moving it worked for me till this this evening but again when I shut it down fr a while it gave me the same issue I removed the keypad tried to move the fan with my fingers nd its working now .....
whats the main issue

A:Fan issue

The fan is old and needs to be replaced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-issue.207605/
Relevancy 18.92%

So I ve owned my P HM gaming laptop for around years now and for the most part I haven t had any issues However when I start my laptop it always defaults to booting off of the ethernet card even after switching my SSD to the position in the bios menu Normally this isn t that much of an issue as I can just cycle through the bios boot options using CTRL Laptop Boot issue ALT DEL The main issue that I am having now is that the last time I was using my laptop I used hibernate instead of the normal quot sleep quot or quot standby quot Now whenever I attempt to start my laptop up the message quot Resume from hibernate quot is on my screen which is normal except it tries to resume using the ethernet card If the laptop is in hibernate evidently I am not able to access the BIOS menu or cycle through my boot drives I have read that a way to fix this Laptop Boot issue might just be taking the battery out and letting any residual power that the motherboard might be running off of fade away over time I read that this normally only takes minutes or so I tried waiting minutes and it Laptop Boot issue didn t work so I just tried again but waited a few hours this time before putting the battery back in and attempting to start my laptop up The laptop is still attempting to boot from hibernate Does anyone know of any way to get to the BIOS menu from the hibernate screen Or does anyone know of anyway to fully shut off my laptop Laptop Boot issue to get rid of hibernate and just start up normally Any assistance would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Laptop Boot issue

it always defaults to booting off of the ethernet cardClick to expand...

This means that BIOS is not seeing any HD, marked Active and contains a bootable partition

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-boot-issue.207645/
Relevancy 24.94%

I Regarding my q301la asus laptop currently just got an asus a la laptop in the mail yesterday When I first used it on Thursday night after charging it the laptop worked fine Come Friday morning Regarding my asus q301la laptop I see that I by accident left it on sleep mode instead of shutting it off Well when I go turn it on and sign in it froze on me with a black screen and started flickering It happened twice back to back and on the third restart it stopped The charger was not connected and the laptop was at about battery left The first reviews I read about this laptop were really good until I started to look into more and found out numerous customers were having the same problem that the screen would flicker when charging or randomly BestBuy says I have weeks to return it with a full refund I have a choice of getting another laptop or returning this one and getting the same type of laptop sent back to me but a new one My budget was but I might be able to push it to flat no more Please give me some guidance on what I should do and what other laptops I should consider Preferably looking for something with an i because I heard the i processor is slow at least gb hard drive or a ssd drive I wouldn t mind another touchscreen laptop I actually quite enjoy it and at least gb of ram Also I m new to this forum so sorry if this post is a bit messy and stuff This was my first timer with asus and many people recommended me to this company I have a feeling maybe just the q la in particular did not come out good nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/regarding-my-asus-q301la-laptop.207639/
Relevancy 18.49%

I am running a Windows 7 x64 machine with an Asus motherboard, AMD FX-8350 Eight-core processor, Radeon HD6450 graphics card, 11 GB ram with two monitors. The problem is audio & video are constantly starting & stopping (very choppy). I have updated my os, flash, java and shockwave. All my browsers are up to date. It doesn't matter if I try to play something in a browser or something I have on my computer using windows media player or vlc... everything is choppy. It is constant & is driving me to drink... Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A:Audio & Video choppy during playback

Once check your laptop or desktop chipset drivers are working fine or not, its effects the other related devices functioning. update or install the latest chipset drivers and video and audio drivers which are compatible with your system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-video-choppy-during-playback.207417/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello All please help not computer literate- just basic hope Nvidia GT635 GeForce card video I have posted in the right place if I have not then any guidance to the correct area will be most appreciated Can someone please advise from the Nvidia GeForce GT video card - can Nvidia GeForce GT635 video card I use an hdmi cable and connect to a Samsung lcd TV Samsung quot p Hz LED HD TV Nvidia GeForce GT635 video card UN F I intend to buy this TV currently didn t as I m not aware if it will work once I have the correct advice only then can I proceed to buy im using windows my system specs are as follows Orchid Motherboard orchid s Manufacturer MSI Form factor uATX - cm in x cm in Chipset AMD A FCH Memory sockets x DDR Processor socket FM Expansion Slots One PCI Express x Gen Three PCI Express x Gen One PCI Express mini card Processor AMD A TDP W Operating speed Up to GHz up to GHz turbo Number of cores Socket FM Memory GB Amount GB Speed PC - MB s Type DDR - Video graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GT Figure Video card kindly see attachment Images of video card and Ports also see Image of video card bracket showing ports - HDMI - DVI Form Factor Low profile PCB with ATX bracket Dimensions cm x cm in x in Maximum resolution DVI dual-link resolution x x bpp at Hz HDMI resolution x Analog VGA resolution with adapter x x bpp at Hz NOTE Not all ports support the highest resolutions GB onboard memory Memory interface -bit DDR Total power consumption W max Supports Blu-ray Supports HDCP Supports up to two displays at the same time nbsp

A:Nvidia GeForce GT635 video card

It says "HDMI resolution: 1920 x 1080". Which is a common port you would connect to a TV.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-gt635-video-card.207398/
Relevancy 24.51%

My laptop doesnot load when it is in hibernate or sleep. if I want to load it,I must have refresh mycomputer many times as soon as it boot up!

A:Asus N53SM wake up from sleep issues

This may be caused by a faulty video driver. Check to see if there is a update for the video driver and make sure you have applied all the Windows Updates

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-n53sm-wake-up-from-sleep-issues.207218/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey , I am not good at computers
plz help me to choose the best and cheap graphic card for my computer
the details of my computer are:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name PAWAN-PC
System Manufacturer WIPRO
System Model MS-7267
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz, 2792 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V17.21B6, 9/10/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name pawan-PC\pawan
Time Zone India Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 1.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 0.99 GB
Available Physical Memory 211 MB
Total Virtual Memory 1.99 GB
Available Virtual Memory 921 MB
Page File Space 1.00 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

A:What's the best and cheap video card for my computer?

I don't think that GPU will make any difference in your 'rig'

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-the-best-and-cheap-video-card-for-my-computer.207332/
Relevancy 18.06%

When I am playing a video with any browser it is very choppy (sound and video).
Even Window sounds are choppy. It seems like if I move the mouse it gets worse.

Computer is very slow to open programs, even though the system idle process
is at 99% before starting another progam. This happens even when no browser is open and the
anti-virus software is disabled.

I don't know is this is a software or hardware issue.

A:Computer very slow. Choppy video and audio playback from browsers

Post this here:
http://www.techspot.com/community/forums/virus-and-malware-removal.28/
See if they can help with this problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-very-slow-choppy-video-and-audio-playback-from-browsers.207159/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi Guys

I have a Dell latitude ES5500 which is a recon model
It works fine and on start up I hear the fan going. (so I don't think this is the problem)
All of the airways are clear.
When the laptop first arrived I could get 4-5 mins of video or game time before it shut off, it is now down to virtually straight away.
The laptop does not feel hot to touch either and when turned back on will perform any other function ie e mails word processing database and excel etc without a problem.
I can go on facebook and read post search the internet with no problems but as soon as I try to run a video or play a game it drops straight out.
I have to hold the button down to shut the laptop off and then it will restart with no bother.
This is fairly frustrating and I was wondering if anyone had any advice/ solutions to this?

A:Laptop keeps turning off when playing video's or games

It's worth installing HWMonitor or SpeedFan to check temperatures when you are playing video. My laptop fan doesn't kick in until the GPU temperature gets to 60c and it then drops rapidly to about 50c whereas your fan is working from start up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keeps-turning-off-when-playing-videos-or-games.207231/
Relevancy 18.49%

I need a computer that can handle video editing, mainly Final Cut Pro and Adobe Suite. Right now I have a 5-year-old MacBook Pro that can't manage FCP let alone run any programs smoothly and quickly. I can't afford a MacPro, so I've been considering iMacs. What's my cheapest option that will get the job done? I've heard you can buy PCs and install Mac OS. Would that be my best option? (Having PC capabilities would be awesome, for light gaming). I want to save money but I don't want to buy anything that isn't equipped to handle video editing well (cause then I'm just wasting money). I want to stick with Mac OS, but I don't care about the design or whatever, so I'd happily get a PC and put Mac on it, but I don't know how I would go about doing that. So if you have any suggestions or advice, please let me know! Thanks!!

A:Buying new computer/OS for video editing

What is your budget (how much can you spend) for this new computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-computer-os-for-video-editing.207058/
Relevancy 18.92%

Windows 7 64 bit
Ram 8 gig ddr3
CPU amd phenom quad 3.2 ghz phenom 2
3 tb 7200 rpm HD
Current GPU nvidia 275 GTX
Res 1080x1900
PSU 600 WATT

Whats the best video card I can get for around $200? I saw this card 20% off. I dont care about any game bundles just the best card for $200. I want it for gaming any and all games lol. But I currently play chivalry mideival warfare. I also am going to try out alien isolation and shadows of mordor.

USA

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202047

Can I get a list of video cards based on performance?

Heres another one, which is better?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133492

Upon looking at bench chart this one looks the best
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127789

P.S. I have a huge case

Or hell maybe spend 289$ or so? The 780 seems pretty good for around that price, double the cuda cores.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133525&cm_re=gtx_780-_-14-133-525-_-Product

A:Best video card for around $200

The R9 280 is going to be your best value for a $200 buck video card right now especially that version you have listed there.

It depends, you can always keep going up on value and seeing what is better in that area but it still comes down to what your willing to pay. If you are looking at that 780, why not instead get a GTX 970 because its cheaper and better depending on the variant you want.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-video-card-for-around-200.206078/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hey, so I have an OCZ ZT 750 and its one of the units which runs 100% fan noise when ever im doing anything that requires the GPU, ive seen you can run the fan into a molex with a resistor to keep it constant, but what I want to do is, run it to my fan controller, just so I can ramp the fan up if needed, rather than nailing down the performance.

What I found is the fan is a 2 Pin connector, but fan controllers run 3 pins, am I able to run the 2 pin into the 3 pin on the fan controller and have control over it, or does the 3rd pin need to be connected for it to work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-issue-with-the-fan-pin-to-pin-connector.206390/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey guys, building a new PC, and I decided not to go too cheap with core components and leave the video card until later, while still getting everything in one go. Now this being the case, I will need to run non-dedicated graphics for a while (which are decent nowadays). Anyway, I want to go with the Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H Motherboard and an AMD A10-6800K Richland CPU,

Will the video outputs on the motherboard work with the APU and will I be able to use integrated video until I get a dedicated video card?

The Newegg page for the motherboard says "Integrated Video: None", so I am a little bit confused, is there no integrated video chipset because that's what the CPU is now being an APU?

A:AMD A10-6800K with what motherboard for integrated video?

I just built a home office build system for my parents using that exact board with an A4-6300 Richland in a Cooler Master HAF 912 (I really like this case for microATX boards). The board was great to work with and since the APU is on the chip itself my folks didn't need to purchase a video card.

So to answer your question: Yes you'll get your video.

* I would seriously consider getting an aftermarket cooler to replace the heatsink that comes with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-a10-6800k-with-what-motherboard-for-integrated-video.205551/
Relevancy 25.37%

My asus computer (idk what model) isnt cooling the gpu. It will idle at 75 than if I do any activity it will go to 100. Ive tried cleaning and that didn't work very well so all I can do now is ask for help on the matter.

A:Asus GPU fan not cooling enough

Give some specifics please, like what kind of GPU? some gpu run that hot NVIDA generally do not. Most of the newer NVIDA GPUs will not run 50 while under load. I am running a GTX 780 Ti at full load is 35C.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-gpu-fan-not-cooling-enough.204460/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello So I know there are lots of posts about laptop turning off yes I read them and could not find a N56VZ turning off Asus keeps solution I did some tests and etc So my story is After like half a year of using my new laptop It Asus N56VZ keeps turning off started to shutting down without any warnings at some games like of any games I tried But the strangest fact is that it does not depend on how advanced game is Some games manage to make my laptop hot as hell and it does not turn off at all And some small games these don t need many resources turn my laptop off Like after min of gaming N VZ is kinda high in resources Gb ram GT M video card i processor Small games should not do a lot of impact on it Also on browsing or doing something else does not turn off my laptop only games I tried running without battery only with battery - result is the same I did some stress tests laptop did not turn off and results of prime you can see in uploaded photos I ran them like hour each http speedy sh yPJSZ Smal-FFT bmp and http www speedyshare com B C Blend bmp I also did ZHPDiag test http www speedyshare com WHB P ZHPDiag txt I tried to disable sound driver Laptop still shut off but after min With drivers on it shuts off in min Tried to uninstall and download drivers again from asus support page tried older ones and newer ones that did not help I also tried installing different windows os and that did not help me What could I do Im annoyed I would send my laptop to technical support but I can t do that now Can anyone check the files I uploaded and help me Please nbsp

A:Asus N56VZ keeps turning off

Ok. I tried disabling graphics drivers. It seems that it worked fine. So I uninstalled them and after restart laptop installed by itself new drivers, so far so good. But not sure about updates, I guess I will skip graphics driver updates for some time...
Laptops' temperature got down too..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-n56vz-keeps-turning-off.205784/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello,
I'm looking to build a relatively cheap gaming build. This will be my first build and I'm stuck between choosing either the maximus or the deluxe. Both are currently within my budget. I'm looking to mainly play starcraft, league, dota, hon and watch movies on this desktop. As I am not near a router, I cannot connect with ethernet so I need the onboard wifi. This is my current build: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/daherr/saved/VsKscf

Any help would be appreciated. I'm trying to keep the budget under 1k

Thanks

A:Asus maximus vi impact or z87i deluxe

Never had an Impact but on a formula right now and have had the Z87I deluxe I personally would say the Maximus is the better but I overclock my computers to the max and u can screw up any board doing that Processors are pretty forgiving if u do not burn it up and I say that get good cooling which is a requirement even for playing games if u live in a warm climate.
then I looked at u're part picker and would say get 16MGB of memory and get a hard drive for more storage, they are cheap.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-maximus-vi-impact-or-z87i-deluxe.205362/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello,

I just finished assembling my first build. At first it turned on without a hitch, was able to install windows and a few drivers.

I had to restart a few times, which went fine for the first few times, and then it just didn't boot back up. The power button doesn't do anything, the fans don't start, nothing happens.

When I jump the psu, all the fans start, so I'm thinking the issue must be with the mobo..

Here's a list of all the parts I'm using : http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/JFVvD3

Thanks.

A:Mobo issue? Custom build won't start anymore

First, are any wires touching that might be causing a short such as a wire touching the back of the mobo? Second, I had something similar happen to me a few years ago with a new build. There is a tried and true though often tedious way that can help diagnose possible issues.

1. Remove all hardware except for one RAM stick from the motherboard and this includes Sata and fan connections to peripherals such as your SSD, etc,

2. Now see if the system boots with only the one RAM stick. If it boots then shut down add the second stick of RAM and then reboot. If it boots then repeat by adding a piece at a time.

3. If is doesn't boot then it is either your mobo or your power supply. Also, check to see if your heat sink is seated correctly.

BTW, nice little system there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-issue-custom-build-wont-start-anymore.205000/
Relevancy 24.94%

I am now working on a ASUS G jh I ll describe the problem from when I first acquired the laptop The laptop started up with a blue BIOS background eventually the OS started Very lightly and blue tinted After playing around I discovered that the problem was intermittent when changing the elevation of the LCD lid I ordered NEW LCD Video Cable For Asus G G JH G JW G J G SW SERIES - Q ASA http www ebay com itm trksid p m l amp ssPageName STRK MEBIDX IT thinking this would fix the problem It did not Since then I have tried one different LCD panel and get the same results Now the problem is no longer blue It s just dark very very dark I can see that it still sends the image to the screen but it looks at if it s Asus G73jh problem screen the older LCD panels with the backlight disabled I know that this does not have a backlight or inverter though I have reinstalled Windows reinstalled the drivers reinstalled CCC still having issues maybe this is related AMD Catalyst fails to load properly The error message is quot Catalyst Control Centre Command Line Interface has stopped working quot It seems maybe there is something wrong with the graphics processor but I currently have a monitor connected through VGA and have also tested the HDMI output and both work fine I have been using and testing this system Asus G73jh screen problem with the external monitor since I have disassembled the laptop to replace the LCD LED cable I no longer have the old cable Anyone with any tips I would really like to figure this out if not for a working laptop for the curiousity of knowing what caused the problem Please help I will appreciate it very much nbsp

A:Asus G73jh screen problem

Is the display panel an LCD or LED type? Many LCD laptops can be converted to LED by using a simple flat cable adapter...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g73jh-screen-problem.205184/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi can any one help I cant hear any sound on my laptop its all turned up but when I conect it to my tv the volumes fine but soon as I disconnet from the tv the sound ont go.

A:Audio wont work on asus x53u laptop

Did you fix this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-wont-work-on-asus-x53u-laptop.204577/
Relevancy 18.92%

My brothers schoolwork laptop is frozen the problem occured like 2 days ago were the laptop seemed to be freezing for a couple of minutes and now when he trys to switch it on

Bios is not booting up.

and the only options he gets is launch in repair safe mode and start windows normally. which end up both the same in a black screen and a little black cursor with nothing to do but move the cursor.

after this happened my first reaction was for a complete format so I tried to install him a new copy of windows but my bootable device isnt even being recognized by the system it always ends up in the same screen for the windows startup.

edit ok so I dug a little more.psh..never had a laptop and found out the bios is on the asus logo screen.....well anyhow I booted up the system from the pendrive and the result is always the same the black screen with cursor only

A:Laptop Issue

The laptops hard drive has failed...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-issue.204852/
Relevancy 18.49%

I've recently built a new computer for myself and has been running perfect for a few months. A couple days ago whilst gaming/browsing my monitor went into power safe mode and shortly after my computer shut off, I tried to start up again only to have the same problem occur , the only old parts were a graphics card and psu, I just got in a new gpu and installed it successfully. Same problem occurs. All fans are running properly including the heatsink , processor core temps are around 39 , everything seems to be running ok? Thoughts?

A:Very strange custom computer issue

Check event viewer to see why it shut down.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-strange-custom-computer-issue.204679/
Relevancy 24.94%

I wanted to reset my admin password on my asus ultrabook,
so I took advice from some wanker who told me to remove round battery for 5 min, unplug it from motherboard, plug ac power in without replacing battery yet....... So... THIS WANKER DID!...
Now turning my computer on ive got nothing .... Except a 'battery charging flicker', when releasing power button after holding it a long,long time!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME IM STUMPED, OR SIMPLY THE OWNER OF A PAPER WEIGHT? .... ( I did see a green light briefly when I plugged it in, without the round battery. )

A:My Asus Ultrabook won't power up

Sounds like this procedure corrupted the motherboards bios, and you may have a "paperweight" now for good. Did you re-install the "round" Bios button battery?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-asus-ultrabook-wont-power-up.204512/
Relevancy 18.92%

I am thinking about purchasing this motherboard,
http://www.microcenter.com/product/422559/FM2A88X_Extreme6_FM2-FM2_A88X_ATX_AMD_Motherboard

But I am not sure how to tell if a video card is compatible.

Here is the card I want,
http://www.microcenter.com/product/...adeon_R7-260X_2GB_GDDR5_PCIe_30x26_Video_Card

I realize the PCIe 3.0 will fit to the motherboard, but I do not know if it will be compatible.

I do not understand the difference betweeen DDR3, DDR5 and GDDR5.

Thanks for help!

A:What video cards will support this?

Yes, those two items will be compatible with each other.

DDR3 & DDR5 are VRAM types and GDDR5 is a motherboard RAM identification.

For the future, you can go >>here<< and all your parts to see if there will be any issues with compatibility.

But keep in mind that there can be other compatibility issues such as the graphics card being too long to fit in the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-video-cards-will-support-this.204230/
Relevancy 18.92%

As weird as this sounds, I was recording a video of the Blue Angels practicing using my smart phone & recording it by holding my smartphone "still" focused on my tower monitor. Once it was over, I clicked the video button to stop recording but it kept recording. I pushed it a few more times but it kept recording so I pushed the button to go to the desktop & it went to the desktop. After that I tried a few times to play it but it won't.
I saved it to My Documents & tried playing it there but it still won't.
I have recorded other videos same way & they've played fine. Any ideas? I even tried to change the properties from .MOV to VLC but still nothing I don't know if I can upload it here, but will try if need be.

A:Video won't play

This is absolutely insane. Why can I see the video on the flashdrive & in the foldrer(s) its in, but when I try to upload it here, its invisible? Yes, invisible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-wont-play.204223/
Relevancy 18.92%

AS I mentioned in this thread ,
why is it I can see the .MOV video on the flashdrive by going directly to it on the flashdrive but when I try to upload it in here, it is simply not there , its invisible. I tried to upload a video but couldn't find it & yes, I was looking in the correct location. Confused & puzzled.

A:Video mystery

Because .MOVs are not supported it will not show up in the browse file window. To get around this use a program such as WinRAR (or something similar) to zip up the file and upload the .zip file.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-mystery.204242/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey all! I've been facing this problem for quite a long time even after upgrading my RAM. The problem is that on specific sites like Facebook, Dailymotion, etc, the audio playback is quite fine but the video playback is slow, laggy, choppy etc. Is it my computer's problem? Well, my graphics is quite low. By quite low, I mean only 32MB. I don't face this problem on Youtube and players like JW players(I guess) which is used in some sites.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.
Amal

A:Slow video playback on specific sites

Yeah it's probably you GPU, try viewing the videos in lower quality.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-video-playback-on-specific-sites.203738/
Relevancy 18.49%

The video is 1 min and 14 sec, yet only the couple first seconds is enough to understand the problem. what could be the problem for?

as you can see, half of the screen display colors correctly, the other half, the colors and texts and smudged, they are there but smudged and not applicable to read or view

A:LG G2 IPS display weird problem - video for explanation

Can you still RMA it, or did you do something that is not covered by the warranty?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-g2-ips-display-weird-problem-video-for-explanation.203474/
Relevancy 24.94%

I'm wondering whether I can overclock my ASUS R500VD notebook it has an INTEL sandy bridge core I5 3210M 2.50 GHz processor 4GB (max 8) of ram running puppy linux and windows xp home edition SP2 32 bit I have benchmarked it and ill email the results to anyone who replys and gives me their email and if you're wondering why I'm running windows xp read my article in the Alternative OS section of the forums called "If all else is too hard try puppy linux" bye

A:Can I overclock my asus notebook 17"

Nope sorry, the I5 3210M isn't OC enabled.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-overclock-my-asus-notebook-17.202019/
Relevancy 24.94%

Asus p8p670-m will see the dvd drives but not the sata or ide I have tried 8 different drives. 3 sata one at a time in different slots and 5 ide drives one at a time.. I have reset cmos then removed the battery and reset cmos again,, what is the fix please

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p8p670-m-will-see-the-dvd-drives-but-not-the-sata.203645/
Relevancy 19.35%

My mother in law gave me her old computer because it would start for a few seconds then stop and continue to repeat the process until she unplugged it. I only wanted it for the extra hard drive. After installing the hard drive into my computer (wanting to format it then clone it since it is larger than the one I currently have) it caused my computer to start and stop even being set as a secondary or slave. If I completely unhook it from my computer and start it up again, My normal set up works fine. Any ideas about what could cause this?

A:HDD issue

There is only one answer, the drive has gone bad. Chances are the rest of the machine may still be good.

Will the old machine attempt to boot without a drive? Does it come up to a boot drive not found error? If it does, the HDD was the whole trouble.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-issue.203400/
Relevancy 18.92%

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: GA-MA790XT-UD4P
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM (ddr3)
Video card nvidia 275 gtx
PSU 600 watt
1920x1080 res
pc I e slot x16 (not the super new one)

So yeah I am thinking about getting a better video card for 200$ or less or more, less would be much better. I can sell my old card on ebay for around 70$. How much better would a new card be etc, suggestions? AMAZING deals ?

A:Considering buying a new video card $200

Since your in America, I can suggest to you a good deal I keep seeing floating around.

MSI Gaming R9 280

That would be a 1080p beast for that money and it comes with 3 free games, its one of the higher overclocked models as well of the R9 280.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/considering-buying-a-new-video-card-200.203519/
Relevancy 18.92%

So I built a PC, and while playing some games, mainly action games like crysis, saints row 4, bioshock infinite and far cry 3, after about five minutes of game play the screen will stutter, then the audio will keep playing over a black screen. It doesn't happen in other games like Xcom or starcraft, and I really want to fix this issue so any advise is more than welcome.

Specs: Z87 Asus Pro Motherboard
GTX 760 GPU
Corsiar 850 watt powe
r 2X 4 gig sticks of Coarsiar ram
black caviar western digital hard drive
124 gig samsung SSD

A:Games are losing video

(I don't own any of the games you mentioned.)

for troubleshooting purposes:
1. since this is an NVidia card, try to update driver package to 337.88 (or latest).
do normal installation of NVidia driver pack or clean installation if you want it.
GeForce experience (part of NVidia driver pack) can also download automatically any game profile for supported games.

2. launch one game at a time and select lower resolution, less game details. if the problem disappears, then the game details is set too high that the video card cannot cope up. if the problem is still there, then troubleshooting continues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-are-losing-video.203446/
Relevancy 18.92%

Actually I am short of budget !!!!
kindly suggest me video cards from the links and anyother best card in the range of U.S 100$
http://www.gigabyte.ru/products/page/vga/gv-n640oc-2gi/
http://www.hisdigital.com/un/product2-763.shtml
http://www.hisdigital.com/un/product2-765.shtml
http://inno3d.com/product/gtx650_green.html
http://www.gigabyte.pk/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4673#ov

plzz suggest me

A:I want to buy video card

EVGA 01G-P4-2751-KR GeForce GTX 750 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Video Card 109.99$, 99.99$ after 10$ rebate, newegg price

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-buy-video-card.203286/
Relevancy 43.43%

First of all hello from a new user, I have a problem with my computer but I need help to nail it down to one part (I think it's the graphics card, but who am I to tell).
A friend of mine said people over here are very nice and competent so why not try to get help here.

Long story short, I played a game, Velvet Assassin, that is rather buggy (I.e. it didn't let me change the resolution to my native 1680x1050).
After some time the screen started flickering in complete white with some color bars here and there. I thought it was another bug on newer systems and changed the resolution; the problem seemed resolved.

Until my little brother started to play Forge of Empires, that little browser game, where the problem again occured at an even faster rate.

I hope you can help me, I made a short video of the issue, I know it's not of best quality, but maybe it helps.
Thank you in advance

A:Asus HD 6870, flickering issue

Have you tried updating your drivers? Also could you please post the make and model of your laptop /desktop and the system specs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-hd-6870-flickering-issue.203121/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a HDTV consisting of a GA-P55A-UD7 and an Intel I7 processor and W7x64. It is hooked up to a Panasonic P50V10 plasma TV via HDMI. Over the last several months, I have gone through THREE video cards. The last one lasted only three days. I doubt my luck can be that bad regarding video cards so it must be something else. I have never heard of a monitor blowing video cards via an HDMI interface but anything is possible I guess. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-video-card-failure.202803/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi all. I just bought a graphics card that needs 350 watts and +12v with 20 amps to run. My power supply has to following output:

+5V 22A MAx -12V 1A max
+5V (FP) 2A Max +3.3V 17A max
+12VA 18A max +12VB 18A max

combined power on +12VA and +12VB rails must not exceed 360 watts

Total combined power must not exceed 375 watts

Can it run the card?
Thanks all.

A:Can my power supply run my new video card?

Hi, could you please post a little more detail.
Instead of saying graphics card, it would help if you said the actual graphics card.
Instead of power supply, you could say what power supply you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-my-power-supply-run-my-new-video-card.202504/
Relevancy 18.49%

My dad was putting some paper into his printer and had apparently put the paper in too far. When he tried to print something it jammed up and the printer had abruptly shut off. I have tried leaving it unplugged for a while and plugging it back in however, the printer WILL NOT turn back on at all.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-3510-printer-issue.202348/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello guys.Im new around here.I have a problem.I was having a problem with my computer,saying I have no video input.Somebody came to my place,and unplugging a little fan.But the computer was working fine,with exception that was heating very fast and temperature of CPU was 70-80.I opened one side of case and was fine.Today I was cleaning pc and I connected back that fan and unplug it fast.After I did that,monitor was saying no video input.

I really dont want to call back to the service cause I was there 3 times and they are not serious.I just wanna make it fast and clean.

Thanks for the attention and sorry for my english!

A:No video input

Unless somebody else says differently, I'd plug that fan back in & try it. If it works, fine, if not,post back. Either way, don't let that "friend" touch your pc again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-input.202173/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi, my relatively new "HP ENVY TouchSmart m7 Notebook PC" has been having crippling lag while playing video games. The lag slows the computer down to about 0.2-0.5 frames per second, and slows the audio down to match the video speed (which produces a grinding sound). This lag happens every 10-45 seconds depending on how long the computer has been running. Some help would be appreciated.

A:Grinding audio/video lag during video games (CPU related?)

What antivirus program are you using? Is the notebook fully updated using Windows Update? Are you running Windows 8.1?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/grinding-audio-video-lag-during-video-games-cpu-related.201939/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi gang. My usb modem HAS to be unplugged then plugged in for it to work?
Even if PC is off when I do this it will automatically start/connect when windows(7) loads and will work normally. If I don't do this I can not get it to work?
'device mngr' shows it as an 'unknown device'?
I have reinstalled it to no avail.

A:USB wireless issue

Are you talking about a modem or a usb network adapter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-wireless-issue.201928/
Relevancy 18.49%

Is my motherboard compatible with and does it have enough power watts it compatible my Card have power new to & enough with run Is mob Video to run new video card My specs More details about my computer Component Details Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Memory RAM GB Graphics Intel R HD Graphics Gaming graphics MB Total available graphics memory Primary hard disk GB Free GB Total Windows Home Premium System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Model H M-UD H Total amount of system memory GB RAM System type -bit operating system Number Is my mob compatible with new Video Card & have enough power to run it of processor cores Storage Total size of hard disk s GB Disk partition C GB Free GB Total Media drive D CD DVD Graphics Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce LE Total available graphics memory MB Dedicated graphics memory MB Dedicated system memory MB Shared system memory MB Display adapter driver version Secondary monitor resolution x Primary monitor resolution x DirectX version DirectX Video Card Information Network Realtek RTL D D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS New Video card info Nvidia G-Force Video Px Video card UPC- Mb PCIExpress X Dual Monitor Support My power supply is watts and on my motherboard now there is only sticks of GB ram Patriot Viper Extreme and nothing else in any of the expansion slots I looked online but cannot get a straight answer Can my motherboard run this card with no issues Thanks I am shine nbsp

A:Is my mob compatible with new Video Card & have enough power to run it

No one can say if it will run with no issues, just because there could be any number of complications that could pop up. If you asking will it work with your current system, then yes it will run on your current system with the PSU. I would advise that you uninstall the video drivers (and software) for the current card, changing out to the new card. This will create less of a head ache for you in the end.
I would also suggest trying to find another 2GB ram stick because your motherboard is a Dual Channel motherboard and the computer will run better if you have 4 sticks of ram instead of 3. Its not going to hurt your computer by having 3 sticks of ram versus 4, but you will get better overall performance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-mob-compatible-with-new-video-card-have-enough-power-to-run-it.202004/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello. my rig is

fx 4100 4.53ghz
amd r9 270
corsair 600w gs600 gaming series psu
ocz vertex 3 90gb boot drive
240gb samsung 840 ssd
500 gb seagate hdd
1866mhz kingston hyperx ram
asus sabertooth fx990 r2.0
so my issue is this. I can overclock the r9 just fine, run benchmarks and whatnot. everything runs stable. I have clocked it as far as 1100 core and 1600 memory. everything ran stable on heaven and 3dmark vantage and things like msi kombustor to check for stability. as soon as I went into a game, it went bsod. so I figured ok. oc too high. I dropped it abit, tried again. same result. I continued reducing the core and memory till it went down to stock, and then it runs stable. any increase in core or memory by even 1 mhz, will cause it to crash in game. drivers are all up to date, bios, things like that all up to date. any suggestions as to why games don't like it? its multiple games as well. me1, 2, 3, swtor, wow etc. thanks

A:Gpu oc issue

Well if the overclock if causing the issue, chances are it can seem stable but then turn out to not be because a certain area is stressed more than on benchmarks or other games. Normally I would suggest working on bumping up the core clock first before memory and then checking stability because thats the easiest part to focus on at first. Memory can cause distortions and other issues like a BSOD just because you stressed it just enough to cause an issue.

Try moving just the core clocks and voltage up first, then work on the memory once you have that stable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-oc-issue.201838/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi,

All of a sudden my build-in webcam is no longer recognised. I have upgraded my OS from windows 7, to windows 8, to windows 8.1, but that was a while ago and my webcam has worked in the mean time.

Has anyone had similar problems or does someone have a (possible) solution? All ideas are welcome, since I need my webcam for videoconferences.

A:Asus N53SV build-in webcam problem

It could be compatibility problem,,, try to install webcam for windows 8.1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-n53sv-build-in-webcam-problem.201663/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue connecting to my wireless network with my computer. Things were working fine until a few weeks ago when the wifi on my computer stopped connecting; now I can only get internet through a wired connection (although the fact I can do this is strange to me). My rooommate is not having any issues with the wireless whatsoever. I have a fairly new acer aspire s7 which has no difficulties connecting to any other wireless network while I am at campus or have gone home for the weekend. I'm at a loss as to how to fix this issue as it has become impossible to do any form of research while I am at home. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Jay

A:Laptop issue connecting to wireless internet but connects w/ LAN

Posibilities are your wireless signal is not in range or the wireless router is full of user who are connected to it, or it surpasses the user's limit.. how many user's has wifi connected to the wireless router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-issue-connecting-to-wireless-internet-but-connects-w-lan.201675/
Relevancy 18.92%

PSU issue I think

heres what it is when I first installed this card (had a 500w antec psu) the comp was fine till I played diablo and poof shut off the comp via psu , so decide to get a thermaltake 2 600w and hook tht up now ot plays for a longer time
but does the same thing,I took the card back and got a new one of the same
same thing happens , so I decided to try a different approach and I have a psu I modded for xbox 360 tht is wired to stay on and I ran the card powered by tht and was able to play for hours and only 2 times it shut that psu off suggestions or now a psu tht doesnt get fooled so easy or what is really going on...lol thank you

A:PSU issue with evga gtx 660 superclocked

If you got a different video card and a different PSU, chances are there is something else wrong unless you got very unlucky and got another bad part from one of the two things swapped out.
My guess would be one of the following just from one you said:
The new PSU is bad as well
The CPU is overheating and shutting off
GPU could be overheating and shutting off (Though this is unlikely)
Those are just a few things to check, I would go into the bios and see what temp the CPU is running at while in there and decide if its running above what it should be. If that's not the issue I would try returning the PSU for a different one and see if that fixes the issue. Though the fact that the machine shuts off with 3 different PSU's points to a different part being an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-issue-with-evga-gtx-660-superclocked.201615/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi all...
Need help, this is my first build since 2000 and pc keeps halting
It halts at different spots(I.e at startup, opening IE, checking Devices, checking events, etc)
PC includes:
Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 BIOS level 2301(latest)
AMD fx-9590 (not OC)
Ultra Case with 7fans
WD 1T blue HDD
XFX Radeon R7 240 Video Card - 2GB DDR3, PCI-Express 3.0 (x8), AMD CrossFire - R7-240A-CLH4
Patriot Viper xtreme 8gb ddr3 1600MHZ pc3-12800 CL11 PX38G1600C11
Ultra PSU 750
Corsair H60

Attempted to install win8.1 pro and after the 50th time (pc kept halting) I finally got installed
Attempted to install all the drivers, and after numerous attempts(pc kept halting) got them all installed.
Let the pc sit for awhile with no one using it...pc halted after about 12mins...
Ran the memtest and no errors...
ran the CPU stress test, on idle 31c at 100% max out at 52c, but only ran for 6.5 hrs as it halted..
ran the Video test and no errors...
ran WD test all clean...
formatted HD and intalled win7...same issue pc halts

HELP!!!

A:Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0

What exactly do you mean by halting? I need a more in depth description in order to help you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-sabertooth-990fx-r2-0.201583/
Relevancy 18.92%

What command do I type in Command Prompt if I want to use Last Known Good configuration

A:Laptop recovery issue

Boot into Safe Mode (F8), that's where the option is located

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-recovery-issue.201476/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello, everybody. Sorry if this is the wrong category.

I've got a relatively new HP Envy 4-1035TX Ultrabook Laptop and I've had this problem lately: while playing a YouTube video or a song from my iTunes library, it keeps slurring and crackling. The problem is very sporadic: sometimes it will not slur at all, but other times it will once every 10 seconds. Playing a video in BS Player works perfectly fine, though.

Thanks in advance.

A:Audio and Video slur

What version of Windows are you running? Is Windows fully updated using Windows Update until there are no more updates are found?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-and-video-slur.192909/
Relevancy 24.94%

I bought an asus motherboard from new egg, and 2 of the pins in the processor socket are raised higher than the rest of them, there were also 2 pins bent in half, none of them are close to the other. has anyone heard of a board problem with spme pins longer than the others? it is not much, but very noticable. you can feel them with your finger. new egg is denying the rma, saying I caused damage. have built many rigs, definitly came out of box like this. thanks

A:Asus socket problem

Which one of the pins is raised? Here is an example of what a socket of a Z87 motherboard should look like for example:

What is the model of the motherboard? Can you provide an image?

I would try contacting ASUS directly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-socket-problem.201154/