Windows Support Forum

Action center won't open, Internel Explorer only browser that will open, no MalwareBytes and RKill will not open

Q: Action center won't open, Internel Explorer only browser that will open, no MalwareBytes and RKill will not open

Hi everybody I picked will no RKill Action that open open, not browser and Explorer open, Internel center MalwareBytes only won't will up some nasty malware AVG was updating and suddenly everything just fell apart I can t run any installation programs regardless of the extension or name I ve tried to install Rkill and MalwareBytes with absolutely no luck It defaults to needing to be unblocked in the properties and no matter what compatibility mode I use it will not run I get Action center won't open, Internel Explorer only browser that will open, no MalwareBytes and RKill will not open a error when I try to open the security center In the taskbar I have an Action Center alert that says Important Message and Total Messages The Action Center will not open at all I do not have access to a USB key as I am not home but I will be Tuesday evening Any help would be infinitely appreciated Other notes I forgot I m on Windows Ultimate -bit and I am constantly getting errors that Windows can t load and needs to be repaired It runs and restarts sometimes being repaired and other times not Thanks a lot Jared

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Action center won't open, Internel Explorer only browser that will open, no MalwareBytes and RKill will not open

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Action center won't open, Internel Explorer only browser that will open, no MalwareBytes and RKill will not open

An update.

I've tried running MalwareBytes and RKill from a flash drive which is also not working. Windows also ends up unable to load, the startup repair runs and things work fine. Not long after Windows tries to update and then it becomes unable to load again and the startup repair runs again.

I tried running a registry fix for the .exe problem and I get an error stating that the registry is being used even when no programs are running and I am in safe mode.

Hope this information helps
thanks
Jared

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398874/action-center-wont-open-internel-explorer-only-browser-that-will-open-no-malwarebytes-and-rkill-will-not-open/
Relevancy 57.62%

After months of build-up, AMD has finally unveiled its true next generation graphics card. The Radeon R9 Fury X broke cover at E3 last week and the review embargo lifted just days ago. While it's not the Titan killer some...

Read more

A:Weekend Open Forum: AMD or Nvidia?

And it starts!
Started with amd 7970
Then went nvidia 770sli now 980ti.
I just really like the physx and 3d nvision

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weekend-open-forum-amd-or-nvidia.215859/
Relevancy 19.78%

So about a few weeks ago (not exactly sure when it started) my computer stopped allowing me to access certain websites. It started out with only a few, but now it is almost 50-80% not connecting. I do not think it is a problem with my browser. I typically use Firefox, but IE will connect to the same ones Firefox allows, and will also not connect to the same websites Firefox will not allow.

I have searched these forums for a couple of hours now and nothing seems to fit my exact problem, and I am hesitant to use the solutions from other forums because it might further hurt my system. I am not tech-savvy/computer literate to say the least, and I would need a thorough walk-through on how to diagnose the problem, as well as how to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

A:Unable to connect to most websites -- not a browser problem

How are you not allowed to view the website? Does the page show "The page cannot be displayed"? or you are not authorized or something else?

Try running cmd.exe, type "ipconfig /flushdns" without quotes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-most-websites-not-a-browser-problem.177710/
Relevancy 20.21%

About two days ago I started getting popping and crackling noises from my laptop speakers while playing any kind of in-browser video. It's not a hardware thing, because anything run outside the browser (CDs, iTunes, VLC, DVDs, etc.) sounds just fine. Tested in both Firefox and Safari, both have the popping/crackling problem, so it's not something with one browser.

I have tech support for this computer (Dell business model, Latitude E6500 w/XP), they tried updating sound card drivers, updating BIOS and uninstalling and reinstalling sound card. The last thing actually fixed it, until I started up my PC tonight, now the problem is back again. Anyone have suggestions for me? I really, really don't want to do a restore, because I've just spent the last four hours installing a game that I would then lose. If that's the only option, though...

Don't seem to have any issues with connectivity, or lag that I can detect.

A:Speaker noise only in browser

Uninstall and Reinstall Adobe Flash Player, in-browser video's use Adobe Flash player and since it is browser only related this may indicate there's an issue with Flash/the codecs for flash.. Just do a reinstall, post back with if it worked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speaker-noise-only-in-browser.181860/
Relevancy 57.19%

Anyone that spends a considerable amount of time in front of a monitor can attest that finding the right mouse is a must. While there are plenty of boxes to tick when searching for a suitable pointer, for me, it...

Read more

A:Weekend Open Forum: What kind of mouse do you use?

Roccat Kone XTD (laser). It's the best mouse I've had so far. My Death Adder has been demoted to closet duty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weekend-open-forum-what-kind-of-mouse-do-you-use.212356/
Relevancy 57.19%

With Broadwell and Skylake desktop CPUs expected to launch next quarter, the urge to upgrade my computer has never been stronger.

Read more

A:Weekend Open Forum: What CPU powers your computer?

Got an i5-2500k in my gaming computer, and a C2Q Q8200 in my home server. Because of the small enclosures they are in I have not overclocked them, with the watercooled 2500k being in a Prodigy case stuffed to the gills, and the Q8200 is in a 2U rack case.

Not sure about the server, but I know with Star Citizen in the distant horizon, I'm very compelled to upgrade around the end of the year. This is driven less by my CPU and more by my graphics card (watercooled GTX 570) and memory, which I only have 8GB.

edit: oh yeah, and my XPS 12 has an i5-4210.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weekend-open-forum-what-cpu-powers-your-computer.208477/
Relevancy 55.9%

A factory AMD or Intel heatsink is something I simply won't consider when building a computer. I acquired my first aftermarket cooler 15 years ago to assist in overclocking an AMD Athlon 500 (it reached 800MHz with help from a...

Read more

A:Weekend Open Forum: What heatsink / water kit cools your computer?

Mine is water cooled. Except instead of liquid its solid. And instead of water its aluminum. And instead of a pump its got a fan. Its actually a laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weekend-open-forum-what-heatsink-water-kit-cools-your-computer.209240/
Relevancy 58.48%

My Asus DRW 24B1ST CD/DVD-Rom device works in Dos (bootCD works no problems), and is recognized by my WinXP Device Manager and listed as working properly. But when I try to run or view a disk from My Computer, all I get is a blank window. The window has the correct partition/drive identity, so I know it's pointing to the device, but it just won't interact with the disk.

The same device was working fine in a previous WinXP installation on the same computer, but when I installed another WinXP sp2 (I had lost access to the original installation) I had a few glitches and this is the remaining one that needs to be fixed.

BTW, I can bootup from a bootCD and run a miniXP and have no problem with the CD/DVD-ROM device, so the issue must be with the current WinXP installation.

Any suggestions for repairing this problem?

A:CD-ROM device won't open or run disk

Wow very interesting. Yo had mentioned it will boot to disc, have you tried while in safe mode. So if you restart computer and utilize the function f8 button go to safe mode with networking check to see if it works in there. If it does then I assume it is driver related issue. Of course in safe mode it loads minimum drivers to have a functioning safe environment. Even though windows recognizes it in device manager does not mean it has a working driver. I would even go as far as uninstalling the driver and reinstalling one from the manufactures website. You could first try uninstalling the driver then rebooting the computer then letting windows reinstalling the driver upon boot up to see if that fixes it first. Hope this helps let me know what you find.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-rom-device-wont-open-or-run-disk.206972/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to help with a problem. I am connected to my internet network on my PC through an Ethernet cable, but cannot access the internet through a browser or anything else. This is the second time this week this has happened. I had a separate PC issue early this week which caused me to reinstall windows. I have had the issue with connecting to the internet occur twice now since reinstalling windows, both times after installing windows updates. I resolved the first occur acne by having my ISP come out. I do not know what they did to fix the problem, only that the router was not the source, and he changed something while logged into the modem settings. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Cannot open web page, connected to router

First get a command prompt and then issue these to commands
ping 8.8.8.8
nslookup www.google.com

both should give some answers, neither should timeout or show errors

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-open-web-page-connected-to-router.202181/
Relevancy 18.06%

MY WD 500GB USB HD just yesterday stopped working normally, it was working fine two days ago. When I connect the drive via USB it appears as a different drive letter for some reason Local Disk : I then disappears. My laptop makes two noises one that I've connected a device to the laptop then another noise which is when I disconnect a device. It makes this connection/disconnection noise when the HD is plugged in numerous times every minute or so.

The HD doesn't appear in windows explorer but appears in devices.

Very strange and unusual any ideas?

A:WD 500GB USB HD not appearing in Windows Explorer

Can anyone assist??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-500gb-usb-hd-not-appearing-in-windows-explorer.200467/
Relevancy 56.33%

We have a new Dell Precision laptop but cannot get two of our USB flash drives (both Lexar Jumpdrive SecureII Plus) to work. They work on our other computers. We can connect other USB devices to the new laptop, including an older flash drive. Strangely, if the problem drives are plugged in before the computer starts they will open properly - but I cannot remove them and plug them in again later.

They do beep every so often. USB Mass Storage shows up in Device Manager, with the warning exclamation. Disk Management will briefly show a disk (1 or 2) with "no media"; sometimes it will disappear then reappear for a second or so.

I have checked for USB driver updates, uninstalled and reinstalled USB hubs shown in Device Manager (though I'm plugging directly into the side of the laptop). I do not understand what would cause these drives only to not work with this computer only.

A:Some usbs drive fail to open on newest computer only

I forgot to mention: the laptop is running Windows 7 Pro.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/some-usbs-drive-fail-to-open-on-newest-computer-only.199812/
Relevancy 57.19%

I am currently trying to open my laptop so I can clean the processor/graphic card due to over heating. Though I took off all the screws off and no part seems to open... I tried looking on youtube but the models are different. Can someone please help me out?

A:How to open an asus laptop - a75v model?

Similar Asus models might help you even though they are slightly different. You probably have missed a screw hidden in the hard drive or memory/wifi bays...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-open-an-asus-laptop-a75v-model.198868/
Relevancy 19.78%

Greetings Let me start by saying that what I am about to describe is NOT a malware virus problem It does involve a browser being redirected to the wrong website but we have checked repeatedly and to the best of our abilities we have ruled out malware or viruses Windows desktop Internet access is through ethernet wired redirect browser/website a -- challenge/mystery Got through a router that also provides wireless access to other devices in the house What we have is a single computer in the house out of desktops laptop and tablet that cannot reach a single specific website an SMF forum using Internet Explorer or Chrome It CAN get there using the AOL browser What happens with Got a challenge/mystery -- browser/website redirect IE and Chrome is that the browsers are redirected to another non-malicious as far as we can tell website that resides at the same Got a challenge/mystery -- browser/website redirect webhosting service as the website we are trying to reach Tracerts and Pings go to the correct site Other users as in people all over the country can reach the correct site Other computers in the same household go to the correct site using both wired and wireless access This appears to be a very computer-specific problem It does not seem to be an IP problem because the other computers in the house are not encountering it and it is not a website or network problem because no one else is running into the problem Any thoughts The only other piece of information that seems pertinent is that back in July this same computer suddenly could not reach the quot target quot website at all no matter what browser was being used All browsers would stall and time out or give a quot website can not be found quot type of message Tracerts and pings failed completely The tracerts said that the website could not be resolved and never generated even a single hop At the time we consulted a number of people and the only explanation that seemed like it might have merit is that it might have something to do with the MAC address Someone else suggested that it had to do with TCP IP settings We never got it fixed The problem just half-corrected itself about two weeks ago and then went sideways to the current situation What s different between IE amp Chrome versus the AOL browser that could explain this If you have an idea please use dummy talk I m fairly good with computers but networking and IP protocols baffle me Thanks Macgyver nbsp

A:Got a challenge/mystery -- browser/website redirect

Login as a Admin on that system.
Get a command prompt and enter these two commands:
ipconfig /flushdns​net stop "dns client"​quit the browser and restart it. Now access a good site (aka this one) and then a site you are having issues with.

What's the results?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/got-a-challenge-mystery-browser-website-redirect.198437/
Relevancy 58.91%

Well my cpu usage goes up to anything CPU whenever 100% open I usage or run whenever I open anything explorer or fire fox or when I try to install a program that s my pc Processor Inter R Pentium R CPU GHz GHz Installed memory GB Display adapter Nvidia Geforce GS I 100% CPU usage whenever I open or run anything tried the next but didn t succeed 100% CPU usage whenever I open or run anything to solve the problem - performed an virus scan using kaspersky and Avira - performed spyware scan using spyware doctor - performed malware scan using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - reinstalled the OS several times tried windows seven ultimate and bit and windows xp sp bit - formatted my hard disk then installed a fresh copy of windows - checked the CPU temperature and made sure it s fine - tried removing one of my rams - tried working with the build-in VGA card instead of the nvidia one - tried restoring the BIOS default setting - even tried changing the processor itself but with an older one - and of course tried to see which progress sucks up the cpu usage and the result is that every program I open gets to of the cpu usage and yet I couldn t solve this problem wonder if any of u can help me thanks in advance nbsp

A:100% CPU usage whenever I open or run anything

Rick said:

In the Task Manager, if you were to click "Performance" and then enable "Show Kernel Times" under the "View" menu, what do you see? There should be a red line which indicates kernel times. If the line is abnormally high, then that's a good clue this could be driver related or hardware related.Click to expand...

Thanks for your reply!

I don't know if that's abnormal or not, but you can check that photo and see

sorry I couldn't post it as an image.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/100-cpu-usage-whenever-i-open-or-run-anything.163635/
Relevancy 27.95%

In Windows 8, whenever we copy any exe files to USB device/pen drive, there is an Interrupted Action dialog saying that "the file has properties that can't be copied to the new location". How to fix this issue?

A:Windows 8 File Copy "Interrupted Action" Issue

I missed to say that there is an easier alternative method to copy files with properties is by creating image of the files need to be copied. For example, iso, daa , bin, etc.
Even if we use alternate methods, we need an easy solution to fix the main issue without any tools or software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-file-copy-interrupted-action-issue.196667/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I m trying to play warcraft with my friend and we just got a problem which can be solved through portforwading And so I did it But still my PFPortChecker keeps telling me the messege quot Your port is not open or not reachable quot So I don t know what I did wrong I have only one router I checked it with some program which can tell me if there is a router covering my router I ve opened the settings of my router got into Virtual Servers created new chosen ports in range - applied to all tcp and udp confirmed It looks like its working but its not I ve got my firewall turned off and even so I added rules there for those ports I even turned off my antivirus Still its not working - just saying that its not open or not reachable Any ideas I ll appreciate any help and sorry for my grammar I m not from english speaking country so there might be a lot of mistakes nbsp

A:"Your port is not open or not reachable."

Okay what are we working with here?

OS?
Router?
System Specs?
System OC?
System Tweaked to the Max?
System Ports Changed or on defaults? Meaning you haven't changed anything only on the Router.
Under Services.msc did you set the UPnP to auto/start/enable

In the Router make sure you have the system set to the Port you want open and IP address should be Reserved by mac address of the NIC.

Are we using any other layered firewall software?
Are you using a Proxy?
Are you using Private Browsing?

What firewall are you using on PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/your-port-is-not-open-or-not-reachable.195947/
Relevancy 58.48%

When I connect my external hard drive to my computer it is recognized and shows up and everything but for some reason it can't be opened. This problem started after my brother put some wii games in there and connected it to the Wii...

I clicked on properties and it reads 0 bytes so nothing is detected when I scan it for viruses. (finishes after 5 seconds)

Even though it shows 0 bytes it still has all the data cause after this, I connected it on my wii and it has the games and on blu ray and it shows every video and photo I put in there, it's just a problem with windows...

I don't want to format it because I have like 5000 photos from trips with my family and also some pretty important documents from my dad's work.

A:Maxell HDD shows up but won't open

I found the answer! The Boot sector was damaged and Windows before looking for the information on the hard drive it looks for this sector. So all I had to do was to get a Linux computer and it was able to open it, it would have also worked with a Mac. Didn't lose any file I had in there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/maxell-hdd-shows-up-but-wont-open.195674/
Relevancy 58.91%

Alright, so I've had this devilish little netbook for like two years, and so far the OS and the charging port have been shot. Replacing the OS is easy, it's just I cannot, for the life of me, open the casing up. I've tried for like 1 year, taking out every single screw I see that's in the frame, but nooooo it still doesn't want to come off. I've jammed screwdrivers inside and tryed prying open which was probably a bad idea but I know I didn't break anything from doing that, just scuff marks on the outside. Gateway calls this son of a b**** the LT2016u netbook. I've tried looking for a disassembly guide but gave up like 6 months ago. If you help me, I will love you forever.

A:How to open up my netbook

After reading the title I couldn't help but think of a smart_ss comment for a reply. I will spare you the pathetic attempt at humor. I know you wouldn't be amused. lol

This video should answer your question, allot easier than any words I could type.
How To Replace The Screen In A Netbook Laptop - Gateway LT2016U

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-open-up-my-netbook.194098/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi guys
I have a 500G WD usb3 hard drive, I unmount it without safely remove, when I mounted it again can't open it and windwos need to be format it for useable, but I do some fix on it & now windows can search in files & find all data, I can see drive properties used/free space, anti virus can scan it with all data too.... but I cant open or explore it & don't open file/folders when I use windows search!!
Error :
N:\ is not accessible​Access is denied​ ​what I must do!!!?​

A:"WD hard" can't be open and explore

Which OS are you on for Windows XP, 7, 8? Also make sure there isn't any USB connections other than the mouse and keyboard. Also you might want to look for a program called USBDVIEW run that as the admin. What that does is searches your PC for multi-USB connections that are dead (disconnected) Those disconnections need to be removed off your PC. So you would select the red X to fix your issue.

Another way is to go into the System Device Manager then under USB Controllers and remove all of them. DO NOT DELETE driver. Then reboot the system. Windows will re-build the Controllers drivers.

If the WD 500GB passport gives you errors or you hear a clunk noise, then you need to place that drive into a ziplock freezer bag and stick a folded paper towel inside there (for moisture) Zip it up and place the drive into the freezer for 8 to 10 hrs. Take it out let it thaw then try using it again. Only do this if you have issues with the unit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-hard-cant-be-open-and-explore.193162/
Relevancy 18.06%

I suspected I had malware, but went through many steps on the other forum topic to have the same problem of internet explorer not responding. It will not load any webpages. I've done a repair install of Windows 7 SP1 and all the critical/important updates have been installed. I am using IE9. Any ideas what could be causing this problem? It seems to have started about a week ago. Google Chrome doesn't seem to be affected, but sometimes it seems resources are being used by something else. That is why I suspected a virus or malware. Any suggestions? Could this be a hardware problem?

A:Internet Explorer not responding

First issue is to resolve the question

is tcp configured so I can access the Internet
if it is, then what's stopping the browser(s)
Solving (1).

Get a command prompt (start->run->cmd) and enter

ping 8.8.8.8
If you get timeouts, then tcp is a mess.

if you get timing data, then try

ping google.com
If you get timing data, the TCP is just fine, otherwise the first ping worked by the second doesn't means
the TCP settings for your DNS are missing or wrong

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-explorer-not-responding.190933/
Relevancy 58.48%

We have a Seagate 9SEAN3-500E that connects to the computer but wont open when we click on the drive. We can see it connects but nothing opens. Also when we plug it in, the computer freezes. How can we fix this please?

A:Seagate external HDD does not open

Is it a new drive? Also if it is a older drive have you tried another computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-external-hdd-does-not-open.189298/
Relevancy 57.62%

My problem is I cant open the drive. But in My Computer window, it did display the drive but I cant do anything. Windows prompt me to format the disk which I already did but I got this popup "cannot open volume for direct access".

These are the solutions that I tried but failed:-

Use TestDisk but it doesnt even detect the drive.
Disk Management also didnt detect the drive.
Already used Command Prompt to repair the disk. It display this "Cannot open volume for direct access" which I run it as admin.

Here I provide a screenshot for reference.

A:Cannot open volume for direct access

Hmm; that's the primary partition with Windows on it - - can never format or partition the C:\ while booted from it

WHY are you attempting this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-open-volume-for-direct-access.189735/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi there!

Straight to the point:

Tablet specifications:
- Manta Tablet PowerTab 10" HD MID1001
- CPU - Cortex A-8 1.5GHz
- GPU - Mali-400
- 3D OPEN GL V2.0
- Ram 1GB
- Android ver. 4.0.4
- compile number - crane_axmid-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D 20120803 test-keys
- kernel 3.0.8+ [email protected] #52

Problem:
- slow page load (if any!) - tested on default browser, chrome, opera, opera mini, etc etc
- no reaction for stopping loading pages

Thoughts:
- not a router problem (802.11n WPA2/AES)
- other android devices working well on that hotspot
- Google Play working well on tablet, no lags, no interference (same other online soft - skype etc)
- tried system restore, default settings, changing router settings

Techspot is my last hope. Help me!

A:Slow browser failing to load pages on tablet

Download a terminal emulator, do some pings.

Check the advanced setting for the Wifi, there may be some weird DNS entries or something.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-browser-failing-to-load-pages-on-tablet.188781/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi I had some issues with a HDD around this time last year so I replaced it with a new western digital HDD I wasn t able to back anything up so I cloned it instead turns out I installed the incorrect driver for my video card and suffered from the BSOD syndrome well I finally got that sorted out I think and now I am trying relentlessly to get catalyst pro control center to work properly Ive read numerous places online that involves editing Catalyst work doesn't Center after I driver wrong installed the Control the Assembly folder but I have no such keys in there when I try and run CCC it tells me that I am unable to run as I wouldn t be able to change any settings within the app basically Ive tried uninstalling installing trying ATI opposed to AMD- to Catalyst Control Center doesn't work after I installed the wrong driver no anvil I know for a fact that I had CCC on this pc but it almost seems impossible to get up and running I am very desperate to get this up and running thanx in advance nbsp

A:Catalyst Control Center doesn't work after I installed the wrong driver

Hhhmmmm... let's take a look

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/catalyst-control-center-doesnt-work-after-i-installed-the-wrong-driver.187782/
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm trying to open the right speaker because I think there's something wrong with the power/volume switch. Does anyone know how to open it?

A:I can't open my Altec Lansing ATP3 speaker

If you can't find any screws (they may be hidden), you might have to gently pry the enclosure apart. Sometimes the enclosures are glued

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-open-my-altec-lansing-atp3-speaker.154678/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi,
wanting to get a media center PC, any suggestion?I have been looking at shuttle, ARCTIC and Apple...Macmini is a bit too expensive. Wondering if anyone know about the AMD APU Trinity A10 processor? Coz it seem to to the latest, which the MC101 from ARCTIC has it?
thanks,

A:Want to buy media center PC or HTPC

You already said you are getting the ARCTIC MC101 in this thread: http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-with-amd-apu-trinity-a10-4600m.181427/#post-1183102. I suppose you've changed your mind.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-buy-media-center-pc-or-htpc.181431/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I m having issues with my latency and I think I know the cause Today while trying things to fix the problem I stumbled upon this page in my router telling how many open sessions each connected device currently has On my network there are connected devices both are pc s One mine has a wired connection while the other roommate has a wireless connection My amount of open sessions ranges from to with peaks to while my roommate has to with peaks to I read up on the internet and came to the conclusion that this is not good I also read that these issues are often spyware virus related There is only one problem in fully determining roof through the Sessions" latency, High "Open the cause I don t have any access to my roommates computer If I m sure of the cause I can alert him about it but otherwise there s nothing I can do about his end One last thing I read about it was that the router may High latency, "Open Sessions" through the roof also be doing something wrong with the sessions but I don t quite understand what that was Something about keeping old sessions or something maybe someone else knows more about this Any help would be massively appreciated Marty P S I ran quot CurrPorts quot on my computer when about sessions were running and it came up with a list of around unkown processes system processes and chrome processes nbsp

A:High latency, "Open Sessions" through the roof

The unknown processes are sockets which have been closed and awaiting to be cleared - - not to worry, BUT
which CurrPorts column heading are you seeing this in?

btw: Your OS and the version of CurrPorts?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-latency-open-sessions-through-the-roof.186940/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi I recently bought a blackberry phone (at&t) and unlocked it in jamaica (to use all networks) but even with my plan on it says "your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book"
and that I'm to check with my service provider to enable the browser.
Digicel (service provider) has sent this over 15 times and still no success I cant get on to the browser at all to select options or got o or so forth.

It's a bold 9000 and I've checked the time, did battery pulls, wipe the phone, update the OS to version 5 and still no success.

I can use BBM on my plan and check emails so the plan works and opera mini works on wifi but not on plan, the browser doesn't work at all.

A:Blackberry browser won't work

Remove and re-install the battery. Or restore the Blackberry to factory settings if you can

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blackberry-browser-wont-work.186700/
Relevancy 57.62%
A:GTX 670, Radeon HD 7950 (open to suggestions)

MOBO: Your Motherboard has 1x PCIE 2.0 slot. So you are good for upgrading.
PSU: A quality PSU of about 550W or greater will power a single GTX 670 or HD 7950.

Is your new PSU included in the budget of $500?

Can anyone explain the difference between the same GPU but different manufacturer (Asus card costing more than the MSI one)?Click to expand...

Usually the difference between cards are small. Some will have better cooling or one may be OC'd while the other isn't. Or some may have dual bios capabilities. I remember my old HD 6950's from sapphire had the ability to be unlocked to 6970's. All in all, it really just depends on what you want. The cards are all going to perform generally the same. If it was me, id go for the cheaper one.

Here is a article about the diffirent HD 7950's available. Maybe it will add a little more clarity to what I was explaining.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7950-review-benchmark,3207-14.html

If I remember correctly, the GTX 670 out performed the 7950 in most cases. But, then again. The 7950 can OC quite a deal to make it perform much like a 7970. See what others have to say, I hope I was able to help a bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-670-radeon-hd-7950-open-to-suggestions.182053/
Relevancy 56.33%

My I drive is reading: not accessible incorrect function. Please help

A:SD memory card not reading, usually open I drive to view

See if this might help How to Cleanup and Remove old USB Storage Drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sd-memory-card-not-reading-usually-open-i-drive-to-view.180903/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey guys, I'm new here
I'm having a problem. My hard drive has like 6 folders. Each one containing different stuff like Word documents for school and such and movies and music. Non of the folders are opening except for the music folder. When I click on the folder for movies it says---> "Windows cannot find 'F:RECYCLER\e621ca05.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."
-_______________- Seriously? What name? I didn't type anything.
My hard drive's name is "My Passport (F)". This is so frustrating!!! Please help.
Thanks a million <3
Buttercupsx
xXx

P.S: Those random questions at the end are annoying. I failed a bunch of em. Hehehe don't judge.

A:Hard drive won't open folders help!

Sounds like the folder you are trying to open is referencing a path that does not exist. Try the drive in another computer, try the drive in a different Operating system - see if the issue is still there. The drive might be failing or the data on it is corrupt. try downloading the WD diag utility for windows & test the drive. http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=218&sid=171&lang=en Post back!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-wont-open-folders-help.179647/
Relevancy 58.48%

I previously could open my flash drive; it appeared when I went to my computer.
Now I can't open my flash drive; it doesn't appear when I go to my computer. I went to disk management and the flash drive does not appear so I can't rename the drive.
I went to device manager and uninstalled the 3 usb root hubs and rebooted. The disk drive still did not appear when I went to my computer.
Does anybody have any additional suggestions?
Thanks

A:Can't open flash drive

This is a common problem with some brands and models when they have been dropped 18 inches or more, and there are great histories of defective ones. You acn pay to get the data off a defective drive... but the technicians and companies who do it are extremely expensive.

We see as many as 12 to 15 failed flash drives brought in to our shop every week.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-open-flash-drive.178293/
Relevancy 58.48%

On my usb, there is no problem with the slots themselves but the usbs keep talking about opening as an administrator, i tried that and still nothing.

A:USBs won't let me open files

Are you using Win 7?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usbs-wont-let-me-open-files.176841/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello everyone I just built my External in hard show up Computer does drive not Explorer/My new computer and everything seems to be working fine hardware-wise I put in my old hard drive which still has Windows Vista -bit External hard drive does not show up in Explorer/My Computer on it It booted up fine booting up and shutting down is extremely slow though I installed some of my motherboard drivers LAN driver USB drivers etc I am going to install Windows Home Premium on it as soon as I have backed up some important documents music and programs However my external hard drive USB does not show up in My Computer I checked the Hardware panel thing Apparaatbeheer and it does show up there Is there any other way I can access it or are there any fixes I tried deleting some HighFilters in the registry but this caused my PC to go in a reboot-loop Could I transfer files over a LAN-network to my laptop I have just installed CrashPlan could I use that to back-up all my files I don t want to pay for it and my upload speed is quite low around kB s and I want to back up over GB TL DR I cannot see my external hard drive in Windows is there any other way I can access it or backup my files GB I can provide any additional information Thanks in advance nbsp

A:External hard drive does not show up in Explorer/My Computer

/Close http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/find-your-missing-usb-drive-on-windows-xp/ This worked for me

It didn't have a drive letter. I had to activate it as a partition or something, but it shows up and I can access it now, and that's what counts

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-does-not-show-up-in-explorer-my-computer.174832/
Relevancy 17.63%

I can't connect to MSN, AIM,nor can I open the launchers for some MMOs I play (though I can get into them if I launch the .exe file). I can connect to Steam and talk to people but I can't use the browser aspect of it. Firefox says it's a proxy issue, but I'm not too software savvy and don't really know what to do with this. It seems to be anything browser-related. I haven't installed anything new and I ran a few scans for viruses, malware, etc, and did a few other things I usually do to remedy connection issues (disabling firewall, power cycling modem/router, etc) to no avail. Does anyone know how to fix this?

A:Can't connect to Internet Explorer, Firefox, Steam, etc.

What are your computers complete specs? What version of Windows are you running? What kind of Internet service do you have? Cable? DSL?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-internet-explorer-firefox-steam-etc.173927/
Relevancy 18.06%

So I have an 2TB WD external hard drive that won't open on my comp. Part number: WDBAAF0020HBK-01 It shows up in disk management, but not in Explorer. Anyone have any ideas? I have tried to convert it to a Dynamic disk, but it won't do it for some reason.

A:WD hard drive won't show up in Explorer

Has this problem just started to happen or is this a new unformated drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-hard-drive-wont-show-up-in-explorer.171800/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,

Not sure if this the right forum, but here goes. This has just started happening. Whichever window I have open, once I close the window I have the imprint of the window on the next window I open or on the desktop if no window is open. There are also vertical lines down the screen like you get on a TV set that are very pronounced. I have an ATI Radeon 4800HD series card running the lates drivers on a WINXP Pro system. I've tried going through all the setting but still can't get this to disappear. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Verity25

A:Background shadows from previous open window

its either the graphics card or monitor that is slowly dieing, but from the windows staying open issue i would put my money on the GPU being the issue, do you have onboard graphics on your motherboard? if so take out the graphics card and plug the monitor into the motherboard one

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/background-shadows-from-previous-open-window.172107/
Relevancy 58.48%

i recently plunged in my flash drive, no auto play comes up, in my computer it gice the drive name but the name of the flash drive itself isn't there, it's just saying removable drive yet it is named.

It works fine in other pc's but not this one....any help?

A:My flash drive won't open

See if this might help How to Cleanup and Remove old USB Storage Drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-flash-drive-wont-open.171146/
Relevancy 24.94%

So when I start up my laptop, it tells me that windows did not start successfully.

As soon as I pick a command, it blue screen.
Can I do anything to fix this?

A:Windows XP Media Center Edition problem

What are Blue Screen error codes and do they list any drivers? Have you been infected lately? Installed any new hardware? How old is this system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-media-center-edition-problem.171035/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a 2009 windows vista, I am having a problem getting my cd-rom to work, my light does not come on at start up

A:CD-ROM door does not light up and will not open

Desktop computer I presume? Take the side off and make sure the power cable is seated properly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-rom-door-does-not-light-up-and-will-not-open.170370/
Relevancy 54.61%

Alright I have a whole bunch of my music and videos on my external hard drive and I got a new Dell XPS yesterday I had been using my external hard drive just fine for the past - yeas now with different laptops working fine I plugged it yesterday to transfer all my music to my new computer and it seemed to be working fine There was an error as the copy rate External Local -- won't open Disk as only working, shows drive hard stopped up slowwed so I decided to delete and try again I did that about times and then decided to just copy the music album by album Eventually I don External hard drive stopped working, only shows up as Local Disk -- won't open t know how it ended up happening instead of the Hard Drive coming up as Seagate on the My Computer Tab it started showing up as Local Disk J on my Dell and Local Disk E on my laptop now It doesn t matter where I plug it in Not only that it won t open when I try to open it It will get loaded and then just pause and stop responding I m completely lost My hard drive is Seagate GB nbsp

A:External hard drive stopped working, only shows up as Local Disk -- won't open

Hi, first I would run the Seagate diagnostics to check the hard drive is still healthy following this guide.

Identify the make of your hard drive and then use one of the links below to get the manufacturers diagnostic for ISO CD. Burn the image file to a CD, boot the PC with the disc in the drive and run the diagnostics. You first need to set the CD drive to 1st in the boot order in the Bios setup.

If you do not have an image burner use this free software to make the CD.

http://www.isoimageburner.com/

ExcelStor: http://www.excelstor.com/eng/support.php?sub_id=3

Hitachi/IBM: http://www.hitachigst.com/support/downloads/

Samsung: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/downloads/support_in_es.html

Seagate, Maxtor & Quantum:http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads

Western Digital:http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?lang=en

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toshiba Fujitsu: http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Path=SoftwareUtilities#diagnostic

If you have a Toshiba hard drive I would suggest the use of the diagnostics from the Seagate link as this will work on all makes of drive and on any OS.Click to expand...

It sounds likely that the circuitry in the drive enclosure is failing (or the drive), if the test won't run then remove the drive from the enclosure and purchase a USB Hard Drive adapter, or use the internal connections in a desktop PC to connect the drive. This should allow you to run the test and/or extract all the files.

If the test runs ok with the drive connected to another PC internally, or with a USB adapter then you will know for sure that it is the enclosure that has failed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-stopped-working-only-shows-up-as-local-disk-wont-open.169973/
Relevancy 19.78%

I recently installed Sound Forge Pro 10 onto my computer that uses Realtek HD Audio.

In its Options I can select - Microsoft Sound Mapper, Direct Sound Surround Mapper, Windows Classic Wave Driver and ASIO4ALL V2.

From the Realtek Manager I can select and record from - Microphone, Line In and Aux but there is no way I can select the output directly from the sound card. e.g. what is playing on my web browser. There is only silence.

Am I missing something or is this not possible with Realtek HD Audio Manager?

A:Realtek HD Audio not recording sound from browser

I think you are referring to the 'Stereo Mix' audio device.

Try this:

Control Panel > Sound
go to the 'Recording' tab
Where it lists the recording devices, right click in an open area and make sure that "show disabled devices" is checked, and see if Stereo Mix pops up.

If it does, then right-click > Enable, and select that as device to record from.
If it does NOT, I'm both surprised and sorry to say that I can't help you with that.

Note: Stereo mix is the COMPLETE output of your computer, so that includes things like Skype, beeps, pings, Media Player and so on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-not-recording-sound-from-browser.169357/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a Klipsch CS-700 and the DVD/cd door won't open. There is a DVD in it. I have tried opening it with the the remote control and on the console. I have looked for a small manual override button hole, like on some computer cd-rom drives, but I can't find one. Any thoughts?

A:My DVD/CD door doesn't open

There is a hole in front of the DVD drive. insert a pin and push.

Here is a sample image

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-cd-door-doesnt-open.169679/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello,

Yesterday I bought Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z506 and I have the CM6501 Sound Card (with the lastest driver version.)

The Subwoofer, Left and- Right-front speakers produce sound.
But I found out my Rear/Center Speakers doesnt produce any sound. But they can produce sound!

When I do the 'sound test' there isn't any sound coming from it expept the fronts speakers.

I installed everything correctly, I have put all cables in the right port.
(I got the wrong cable dilivred in my package I got two Sound-Card cables and no Audo IN cable but that shouldn't be the problem because I did heard sound from rear speakers but the doesnt anymore.)

What am I about to do?

A:Rear and center speakers doesn't produce sound

Did you switch 5.1 sound on?
On your speaker icon in the taskbar, right-click and choose 'playback devices'.
In the new dialogue that appears, right-click on your speaker icon, and choose 'Configure speakers', then select the option that is nearest to your set-up.
Click on the 'Test' button to check all speakers are working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rear-and-center-speakers-doesnt-produce-sound.167288/
Relevancy 56.33%

A few years back I got an external hard drive (Nomad) as I was working on a book and studying photography and wanted to be able to back up all my work in case of a computer crash. Well, it turned out that I did have a crash, and everything was fine until I went to open up a file that contained a bunch of Microsoft Word files for my book.

When I click on the file in attempts to open it, after a long period of not responding, an error comes up that says exactly this:

"Location is not available
H:\Scotia\Writing\Stories & Novels is not accessible.
Incorrect functon."

Is there any way that I can fix this so that I can have the files back? I'm desperate, and without these files I lose a year of work toward a novel. Any help is deeply appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-on-nomad-external-hard-drive-will-not-open.167092/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have 3 Sata hdd's; two 160gb and one 1.5TB. Windows 7 is on one of the 160gb, 1.5TB is used purely for games storage anf the other 160gb is used for file storage.

After starting up, whenever I click on Games it takes a while to show all the icons; once it has done it once then it will show the icons immediately every time.

Is there a way of getting it to show the icons immediately first time around? It is not a major problem, more of an irritation, but I would like to know if it can be fixed.

I have no problems with my other hdd's and antivirus and malware all updated and checked for virus's and spyware.

Any help is much appreciated

My Pc is...
Asus P5P41D
Quadcore running at 3.06
4gb of ram
Radeon 5800 2gb
Audigy 4
Corsair 850watt PSU

A:Windows Explorer is slow on D: drive

disciple said:

After starting up, whenever I click on Games it takes a while to show all the icons; once it has done it once then it will show the icons immediately every time.Click to expand...

It seems it slows down while querying the filesystem to create a database of icons of files in the path.
It may be an heavy task if there are large images, video, or executables that must be queried for creating icons.
IMHO you could try changing the icon mode of the file explorer, or trying to create subfolders in order to identify if there are troublesome files that slow down the icon rendering more than others.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-explorer-is-slow-on-d-drive.166350/
Relevancy 20.21%

i recieved the installation messages for my phone from the service providers for the mobile web setup upon installtion my phone constantly restarts upon trying to enter the browser, tried every thing reset all that plzz help...
its a samsung t239..
thanks.

A:Browser restarts phone

Take the phone back to your service provider and have them take a look at it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/browser-restarts-phone.164474/
Relevancy 57.62%

I'm upgrading a packard bell easy note s4's memory. It has one easy access ram port (empty) and the ram its using is internal. I want to upgrade both slots. The easy access is, well easy.

However opening the laptop turned out to be problematic. I removed every screw I could find (carefully placing same on a paper diagram of the rear.) However the back still will not open, its comes away slightly from the front (opposite side to the screens connection to the laptop.) But something is definitely still holding it in place.

All help will be greatly appreciated. Please and thank you.

Packard Bell EasyNote S4
MS-Model: ASD30 IN0009

A:How do you open a Packard Bell Easynote s4?

Have you removed the keyboard, there is probably a screw or two under it. I don't know this model but the RAM may be there as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-you-open-a-packard-bell-easynote-s4.164587/
Relevancy 17.2%

My friend had her laptop hard drive replaced by some company 10MB drive Explorer is shows External 60GB empty in and They External 60GB drive is empty and shows 10MB in Explorer did not copy her documents and pictures to her new drive so she asked me if I could do it for her I told her I would slave the drive to my External 60GB drive is empty and shows 10MB in Explorer machine and see if I could read the old drive if so I could probably retrieve the items and save them for External 60GB drive is empty and shows 10MB in Explorer her It is a Gig Hitachi Travelstar Hard Drive I put the hard drive in my external USB case and plugged it in to my Laptop running VISTA SP- I also plugged it in to a Windows XP Pro machine The new drive was detected and I was able to see it in My Computer as quot Local Drive E quot the File System says quot FAT quot and the Disk size shows the capacity as MB Used Space MB - Free Space MB When I open the contents of this drive it is empty In Computer Management Disk Management this is what is visible where Disk is my internal drive and Disk is the Slave Travelstar ---------------------------------------------- Disk Basic GB Online GB Healthy EISA Configuration TI V E C GB NTFS Healthy System Boot Page File Active Crash Dump Primary Partition GB Healthy Partition ---------------------------------------------- Disk Basic GB Online E GB FAT Healthy Active Primary Partition ---------------------------------------------- CD-ROM DVD D No Media When I click on the E Partition it shows in the rectangle box all gray diagonal lines I am trying to understand some things Why is it only showing up as MB in My Computer and GB in Disk Management How can I see the entire drive and retrieve the data Can I make this drive show up as a removable device and be able to read it I am a little confused please and thanks for any help you might be able to provide nbsp

A:External 60GB drive is empty and shows 10MB in Explorer

try this,
Go to my computer and right click on the drive you have set up as slave drive. Go to properties-then security-then click on advanced tab near the bottom of that page-then click on owner tab-then on edit-then choose the owner you want to have access in this case you Administrators mine says (Tman-PC\Administrators) and then click apply. You will have to close all the windows down and reopen them and you should be able to see anything that was hidden or unaccessable on the drive.

Hope t works for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-60gb-drive-is-empty-and-shows-10mb-in-explorer.160121/
Relevancy 24.94%

It appears that during a storm, my tower was damaged, affected, whatever. The tower will not turn on. However, the green light on the back below the electrical plug flashes when plugged up. I have tried making sure that the on off swich is making contact, and I plan to unplug all the electrical plugs that could have been affected and then seeing if it works, and plugging them back in one by one to see if one of them were damaged. I have been told that there is a fuse that could have been blown but I cannot find a mention of one nor placement of one on the mother board. Is there a fuse?

I have also made sure that the surge protector has been reset, the outlet is fine, etc.

A:Storm surge on my HP mn1160 media center tower

I cannot find a mention of one nor placement of one on the mother board. Is there a fuse?Click to expand...

internal to the PSU and nothing you would recognize if you saw it.
A good friend had this very same experience and we had to replace the PSU and all was just fine. Having suffered once, the user quickly added a UPS to the setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/storm-surge-on-my-hp-mn1160-media-center-tower.160003/
Relevancy 57.19%

i have dell studio 1558(with 1 GB graphic card) and i am using windows 7 just installed some days before and the problem is whenever i try to open any high graphic game then an windows pop up saying your something 36.dll file is missing.so, i downloaded .dll file from internet and copied it to the program file but no-ting's changes.please help me guys

A:Can’t open high graphic games

What is the make of your graphics card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can%E2%80%99t-open-high-graphic-games.160171/
Relevancy 24.51%

hp media center m1000 steady blinking light when plugged in. will not go on. anyone know what this means?

A:HP Media Center m1000 steady blinking light when plugged in

Sounds like a fault with the battery to me.

Have you tried removing the battery completely, and then running it off of the mains lead only?

EDIT: I see google lists this as a PC, so the above doesn't apply.

Usually on a PC the blinking light is an indication that the computer is in sleep mode. If it won't power up, try removing the power cable, and then hit the power button (to discharge electrics) and then reconnect, and try powering it up then.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-media-center-m1000-steady-blinking-light-when-plugged-in.158782/
Relevancy 57.62%

The computer specs Packard Bell iMedia P GHz Stock Cooler Asus P S -VM GB DDR RAM one stick is DDR the other is DDR the stick was added recently but the problem was occuring before that BFG GS MB GB IDE HDD IDE DVD-RW XP Home SP The for won't used XP Programs not if open hours on computer problem This is a family machine Programs won't open on XP if computer not used for hours its turned on first thing and turned off at night If we turn it on in the morning and go to use it in the late afternoon after not being used for a few hours if we click on a desktop shortcut to load a program it won t load The computer is responsive Programs won't open on XP if computer not used for hours it just won t load any programs If we restart the machine it works fine As far as we can remember this just Programs won't open on XP if computer not used for hours happened all of a sudden a couple of months back with no change we ve done causing it I ve had a look and I can t see any restore points for the or weeks when this problem started Things we ve done Virus scan with Virgin Media Security and Stinger no viruses Attempted System Restore no points to go back to around the time this started happening Any ideas I can t think of much without reinstalling which realistically isn t feasible at the moment nbsp

A:Programs won't open on XP if computer not used for hours

turn off hibernate.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/programs-wont-open-on-xp-if-computer-not-used-for-hours.157813/
Relevancy 56.33%

ok... well... this is a weird issue... my boss had this computer that had a bad power supply and wouldent put out video... before he asked for my help he removed the cmos battery... so... being his case is worthless... i had to remove the motherboard to replace it... after i got the new PSU installed and booted it up i had video but it sais i need to set the system time and date... but when i hit delete it wont go into setup... the keyboards good... CTRL+ALT+DEL works to reboot the machine... but after 15 seconds it sais it will shut off and it does... idk what it is... and i cant get into the bios.... i've tried clearing the cmos with the jumper but other than that i'm at a loss... btw this pc is a 6 month old custom build with an ASUS M4A78 PRO mainboard

A:Asus M4A78 Pro BIOS won't open... shuts off after 15 seconds

well... just because i think the bios needs to be reset... i'm just takeing the cmos battery out for 15 minutes... the jumper i cleared said CLRTC and it said jumpers 2+3 to clear and 1+2 normal... and i just figured since it was the only 3 pin configuration on the board that was it... that and its relatively close to the cmos battery... but idk... this is turning out to be a nightmare...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-m4a78-pro-bios-wont-open-shuts-off-after-15-seconds.158002/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi Im new in this forum hope you guys can help me out I usually build my own PCs but I dont really have that much experience specially not with HP PCs So I took my own SATA HDD to my cousins home I installed it but since I forgot to bring my own power adapter I unplugged my cousins secondary HDD Anyways there was no problem my HDD was recognized I got the READY FOR USE message and well I got the files I needed After I was recognize wont slave Media Windows reinstalled XP HDD Center done with that I took my HDD plugged back his own secondary HDD and the bios recognized it Then we go into windows it loads no problem but the secondary HDD is not recognized it just wont show on windows explorer or anything This is an old PC its a Pentium D and its an HP model media center windows XP it has a different type of windows bar I dunno I hate the interiors its so hard to reach everything Does matter where I plug the sata cable I never had this problem before with sata HDDs Windows XP Media Center wont recognize reinstalled slave HDD I went to the Windows XP Media Center wont recognize reinstalled slave HDD Bios and saw both HDDs as recognized they even show Windows XP Media Center wont recognize reinstalled slave HDD as functioning hardware on windows control panel add hardware I m just confused that I couldnt make it run but to be honest I didnt have time to work on it cuz I had to leave actually I just got home from his house and Im going tomorrow to try to fix it hope you guys can help or give me any clues on what I can try to do tomorrow bye nbsp

A:Windows XP Media Center won´t recognize reinstalled slave HDD

The computer was turned off when you removed the power cable yeah? Or was it running?

If all you have done is remove the power cable there should be no reason for it to stop working. The fact it has, suggests to me that you've either removed it with the computer powered up, or removed something else (like maybe the data lead isn't connected correctly).

The SATA data cable will work regardless of what port its plugged into. I've regularly moved mine around for whatever reason while working on the inside of my computer and its never been an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-media-center-won%C2%B4t-recognize-reinstalled-slave-hdd.157677/
Relevancy 17.63%

Ugh, ive been looking all over the internet for a solution to this. Anyway, im borrowing my friend's external hard drive to transfer some stuff from my laptop to my desktop when my laptop for whatever reason crashed. Now when i started my laptop back up, explorer doesn't recognize the external hard drive. However, disk management seems to be able to recognize the external hard drive as a separate disk. Does anybody know how i can get my explorer to recognize the external hard drive?

A:Can't get explorer to recognize external hard drive

Since it's recognized by Disk Management, I'll guess one of two things

1. See if this might help How to Cleanup and Remove old USB Storage Drivers

2. Otherwise, it could be filesystem corruption on the disk. Have you tried connecting it to a different computer to see if it works? If it still fails on other computers as well could be windows sees the disk when connected but doesn't recognize a valid filesystem any longer so doesn't mount the logical volume. Try TestDisk for partition/data recovery

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-explorer-to-recognize-external-hard-drive.157660/
Relevancy 58.48%

I was wondering on how to open ports so i can run a server and be a host.
Can u please give me a simple guide on how to open ports on your router.
OR:
Is there any programs that can actually open ports on ur router for you?
cause im too lazy to do all that command promt stuff. but if using command prompt is the only wy ill do it.

Can u also teach me how to forward those ports to your router so that outside sources can access them.

A:How to open ports on your router

ragne2 said:

I was wondering on how to open ports so i can run a server and be a host.

Is there any programs that can actually open ports on ur router for you?
cause im too lazy to do all that command promt stuff. but if using command prompt is the only wy ill do it.Click to expand...

Opening a port is a goofy term - - let's start with just using a port.
For a port to exist, some program creates a socket and then uses it to LISTEN for connections. You can see this with (command prompt tool) netstat -oan
Programs which are awaiting connections show up like

Code:
TCP 0.0.0.0:[B]135 [/B]0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:[B]445 [/B]0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:[B]1030 [/B]0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:[B]3389 [/B]0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:[B]4186 [/B]0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:[B]8019 [/B]0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:[B]44334 [/B]0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:[B]44501 [/B]0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
the nnn are the 'port numbers' created by the program.

Q? Which ports are open? A: only those that exist, eg: port 135 is open, and port 136 is closed (ie doesn't exist).
Regardless of your other setups for the router and firewall, the port is not open unless a program is LISTENING.

HOWEVER, that's only one-third of the story; two other conditions must be met

the firewall on that system must be configured to ALLOW traffic to the specific port(s) desired
and, if a system not on your LAN needs access to a program on that system, then
the router must port forward
Consider this network
Code:

ISP==modem/router
|
+ ------- System A
|
+-------- System B

if System A has the program (and the port is listening and the firewall allows)
then System B can get to it without concern for the router at all.[*]

Now if your friend in New York wants to connect to System A located in Los Angeles,
then the router must port foward.

Port Forwarding requires that the server address never change,
so first you need to arrange to have System A use a static IP address on your router.
Once that's correct, then, using the documentation for the program on system A, you add a port forward like
forward port xxx to IPaddress-for-systemA​
SO; get [*] to work first and then deal with the router

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-open-ports-on-your-router.157457/
Relevancy 58.48%

I just got a used laptop from a computer company and everything works fine but the DVD drive. If I push the eject button it will try to open and the light will flash, but it doesn't. It will read and burn DVD's and CD's great, but you have to open it manually with a pin, help would be greatly appreciated!

A:DVD drive won't electronically open

Can you navigate to the drive using 'My Computer' on W XP or 'Computer' on Vista and 7?

If so right click on the drive and try to eject it. Beats using a pin.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-wont-electronically-open.157093/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have a TB WD Need drive a up help hard in not with showing explorer external external hard drive It was running extremely slow so i ran a defrag and it fixed it But it also has a mac partition on it so i ran the repair disk thing for mac in disk utility However my mac is a laptop so it ran out of battery part way through the operation Now when i plug it in it both the mac and PC it is not picked up in explorer and Disk management under computer management So no partitions show up in either finder on mac or explorer on windows Edit When i connect the hard drive it has a flashing light on it Need help with a external hard drive not showing up in explorer like it normally does Need help with a external hard drive not showing up in explorer when it connecting to pc just before it shows up in explorer It has been flashing like this for hours as it has been plugged into pc this whole time when it Need help with a external hard drive not showing up in explorer connects and shows up in explorer and is not in use that light normally stays solid nbsp

A:Need help with a external hard drive not showing up in explorer

I'd start with test disk:
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk
\
FWIW: I have Ubuntu on my Netbook. If I start a lengthy operation like defrag on battery, it will ask me if I really want to do that. I've run into a number of prompts like that, and it makes me wonder why Windows never figured that out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-a-external-hard-drive-not-showing-up-in-explorer.156626/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have an Hauppauge 1600 video tuner installed on an Intel 55HC motherboard, running Win 7-64. The 1600 tuner has an analog (TV) nipple and a Hi Def. (ATSC) nipple. The problem is that I'd like to be able to channel surf both spectra on a Charter cable connection like I can on a Samsung Hi-Def tuner. That is, I can only install the cables analog stations when I have the cable connected to the analog cable connection, and when I reconnect the cable to the ATSC nipple, I can only scan and find the hi-def cable channels. Is this a limitation of the tuner card, the media center software, or what?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hauppauge-1600-qam-versus-analog-in-media-center.156107/
Relevancy 57.62%

when I put any flash drive in my usb port, I'm getting a pop up showing the message- sdfsdf. My flash drives were working two days ago. No matter what flash drive I put in, i'm not able to open up my documents. It also happens on my other computer here at home. what could be the problem?

A:Can't open documents on my flash drives

It's potentially a virus or some remnants of a virus. I would suggest scanning your PC and the drives and disable the auto-play/auto-run feature so Windows doesn't try to auto start anything from removable drives.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-open-documents-on-my-flash-drives.155729/
Relevancy 57.19%

There is a great problem with my computer, i've got 5 partitions on my computer.but i can only open 2 of them using double click . Even if i explore them it wont open. that gives error message, "hsyo.exe has encountered a problem and need to close". i reinstall windows xp but it diidnt work. i cant give full format to the hard disk since it has some important data.

Can anybody give me a solution.

A:I can't open my partitons using double click or explore

you need your Install CD, login as Admin and get a command prompt;
enter SFC /SCANNOW {a space after the C & before the /}

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-open-my-partitons-using-double-click-or-explore.153770/
Relevancy 57.19%

Whenever I'm listening to music and then I open counter strike, the sound output of my computer goes down dramatically. The max volume is as loud as my normal volume would be. I have windows 7.

In game I turned all the sounds off, but I still have this problem.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks in advance

A:Sound output goes down when I open Counter-Strike

Have you updated the video cards drivers or checked for a resource conflict (any yellow exclamation marks) in the Device Manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-output-goes-down-when-i-open-counter-strike.154372/
Relevancy 50.31%

The day I try to open files to back up photos and music is the day my comp crashed. No motherboard activity. I finally pulled drive, put it into another Win XP machine as a slave. I've pulled other files and been able to save them, yet I can't get to the main My Documents folder under my ID (access restricted/denied) error.

Is there a way to get inside and access these folders; some trick I do not know?

A:Can't open "My Docs" on slave drive

How to take ownership of a file or a folder in Windows XP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-open-my-docs-on-slave-drive.153881/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a Toshiba Satellite A55-S6925 laptop. Several months ago I replaced the display monitor with another of the same manufacturer (Samsung), as the original monitor suddenly developed an internal crack (no trauma!).

The new monitor works, but my entire desktop is shifted 2 cm to the left and a couple mm down. So, part of my desktop I cannot access. I have tried several display settings and updated the monitor driver, both to no avail. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

A:My Toshiba laptop monitor (Samsung) screen is off-center

You probably need to replace the inverter at the base of the screen as well. Your screen is a different model, and requires a different inverter is my guess.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-toshiba-laptop-monitor-samsung-screen-is-off-center.151291/
Relevancy 17.63%

HI, i purshased 4 HDD HITACHI sata 320g c5k500 for laptop.
the problem is when i hook it up to the usb windows detect it and shows that its ready to work. but it does not appear in the explorer neither in hard drive manager .and thats for all of them .
please can any body help me to resolve this problem thank you.

A:Hard drive detected by Windows, does not appear in explorer

In which computer is it installed, and what is your operating system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-detected-by-windows-does-not-appear-in-explorer.150153/
Relevancy 57.62%

I built my PC a year ago and was workign fine. All of a sudden it is not posting or doing anything at all:
1) I can power it up, the fans and lights will come on, but no video signal, no beeps and no HDD spinning.
2) I can not turn it off with the power switch, neet to turn of the PS.
3) The DVD tray will not open, but the DVD light comes on and stay on.

Here is what I have done.
a) Checked all voltages on PS (with no load) and all were in spec.
b) If I remove the data cable from DVD, and just keep the power attached, then DVD tray will open
c) I have swapped the MOBO with an identical (Gigabyte 770-UD3 with no on board video) and same exact thing.

Will be grateful for any input.

A:PC not POSTing. Will not turn off and DVD tray does not open

First of all check all your connections to make sure they are secure.

When you tried the new mobo did you use your current cpu?

Try turning it on with only the cpu mobo ram and power supply intact. Leave in 1 ram stick instead of 2, try it with each stick in while its stripped down. Disconnect everything else including your mouse, keyboard, cd rom etc. Disconnect and reconnect the left over cables. Does it give you a beep code? If it does not give you the normal 1 short beep then you know it is one of these 4 parts. With the other mobo in mind that you swapped out you then narrowed it down to 3 parts. If the problem does not occur after doing this add 1 part at a time until you find the bad part.

Furthermore you can find a store that will let you buy and return a power supply for a cash refund, swap out the power supply to see if this is the cause, if not return it. Rinse and repeat with ram and a cpu if possible.

There is a butt load of info in the guides section in the forums.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-not-posting-will-not-turn-off-and-dvd-tray-does-not-open.150033/
Relevancy 17.63%

http www techspot com vb topic not Internet others connect, but can will Explorer-based programs html Internet Explorer-based programs will not connect, but others can This thread shows my computer is completely clean of any malware or viruses Certain applications that use the same Internet Explorer-based programs will not connect, but others can ports I guess or something of that sort Internet Explorer-based programs will not connect, but others can as Internet Explorer cannot connect Some of my internet applications work some don t For instance World of warcraft cannot connect and it uses the same ports as internet explorer I can use firefox and a lot of other applications but when I try to use internet explorer Which I never do I just want to play WoW It comes up with quot Cannot find Make sure the path or internet address is correct quot It won t load any page you try to connect to giving you the same error message every time The same thing happens when I try to launch WoW It says the same message except with the launcher page link as the one that it can t connect to I type it into my firefox browser and it worked fine so that shows that my router is not blocking their servers This is very annoying and I would love to get it fixed Thanks EDIT It happens with ANY game that loads a page through internet explorer And LAN Settings are all unchecked for Proxy and I ve tried resetting it multiple times both with no effect nbsp

A:Internet Explorer-based programs will not connect, but others can

Bump. I want this to get fixed veryyyy badly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-explorer-based-programs-will-not-connect-but-others-can.149791/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have 3 hard drives all 80GB, two are from Western Dig and one is a Maxtor and 1 DVD attached as follows.

Primary IDE channel with the 80 wire cable set up:

Drive #1 (OS drive) - jumper on Master w Slave Present, end cable location, assigned to C:
Drive #2 (data drive) - jumper on Slave, middle cable location, assigned to D:

Secondary IDE channel with 40 wire cable set up:

Drive #3 (DVD) - jumper on Slave, end cable location, assigned to F:
Drive #4 (data drive) - jumper on Master w Slave Present, middle cable location, assigned to E: and G:

I don't know why the same drive #4 gets assigned to two letters E and G???

How to fix so it is only assigned to one letter???

I am taking my setup info from: www.mikeshardware.com in the how to connect IDE drives section

A:Multiple hard drives show up in Explorer

The only question that springs to mind is, "is there a partition on the drive"?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-hard-drives-show-up-in-explorer.149348/
Relevancy 24.94%

I understand how to access the recovery partition in vista, and windows 7. However I have stumbled across a compaq laptop and a gateway laptop that I had attempted to put windows 7 on and get them functioning and sold. But as it turns out, there were'nt win7 drivers for the audio on one, and no win7 graphics driver available on the other. Having no discs for either of these presents a problem with getting them back to the original setup. There is a seperate partition in each laptop, one that says "presario_RP" and the other "Gateway_RP". I assume the RP is recovery partition, but I have no clue how to access and start either of these. Anyone know?

A:Access recovery partion win xp/media center?

i don't know how for compaq, but i did this to acer 5920 and 5930 and it showed up the hidden partition. http://www.notebookforums.com/thread217870.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/access-recovery-partion-win-xp-media-center.148587/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi - I hope someone can fill me in one this puzzle - my father's computer will play an audio file that is on the hard drive, such as wma file, but will not play other sounds:

will not play system sounds
will not play audio over the internet - I have tried both MS Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.

Soundcard is SoundMAX integrated digital audio, in an asus mb. Comp has been working fine for onver a year.

In "System," "Audio codecs" says "this device is working properly."

Any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-via-web-browser-files-play-ok-on-hard-drive.146287/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a compaq nx6325 lap top, which will not turn on at all. The power adapter
shows 18V between the inner and outer ring and appears ok, led on etc.But what's the tiny center connector for in the plug? Should there be a voltage on it to earth, or to the ring connectors?Finally,should I be able to power-up the lap-top with the power adapter plugged in, and the battery out?

A:Power adapter center pin

Sounds like the Centre pin has broken away and lodged itself in the plug. I cannot tell you which is positive and which is negative with regards to the rings on the plug. Because different Manufacturers use different combinations and with that different Voltages too. Generally speaking the outside piece is the male end and the receiving plug is the female -go figure-
Hope this link works http://www.niteflux.com/BuyCables.aspx you can see what I am mentioning, obviously this is not your cable but for the example of male to female ends the description matches the pictures ( not the 'Y' cord on the link )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-adapter-center-pin.144672/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have a HP Pavillion. About a month ago, my laptop started freezing up while surfing the web. I started watching my task manager while this was happening. It turns out that the internet is clogging my RAM. I also use a gadget on the sidebar to monitor RAM. Just before the computer freezes, the RAM is at ~95%. That is just with one tab open, and no other tasks running. Closing all tabs reduces RAM to about 25% almost instantly and everything starts to work fine again. i'm not sure if I should blame the RAM or IE.

Any comments or suggestions.

Thanks
Justin

A:Internet explorer clogs memory

Well you need to do two things:

1. Update your windows via windows update service to get all upto date patches/fixes
2. Download Malwarebytes for installation and scan your system and post its log here.

I am assuming its a Vista machine; please confirm though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-explorer-clogs-memory.142165/
Relevancy 57.19%

Installed the Verizon Access Mgr and the Pantech USB WAN modem on my laptop several months ago no problems at all works flawlessly Decided I d try it on my desktop Both are XP sp and the exact same setup Installed the software for the Access Mgr and the Pantech modem the computer recognized it and installed the modem incl the drivers Everything shows up fine in Device Mgr incl even USB Verizon wireless to Mgr get modem Can't Access open an assigned Com Port for the modem But when I open Access Mgr it tells me the modem is quot not inserted quot - even the quot detect device quot doesn t work It seems to quot find quot the modem and then tries to configure it but fails and switches back to quot device not inserted quot The light on the modem even flashes blue like it s supposed to when it s working I followed directions and installed the software Can't get Verizon Access Mgr to open USB wireless modem before I plugged in the modem and even unhooked the cable internet and disabled the connection All to no avail It s the exact same software incl updates I had on the laptop - in fact copied it from the laptop and installed it into Program Files on the desktop so is the exact same app Can't get Verizon Access Mgr to open USB wireless modem I ve worked thru everything I can find in the Verizon Access Mgr Help files with no results done the Diagnostics in the Verizon Access Mgr app for the modem and everything and everything says the modem is fine and is working properly I ve emailed Verizon Help but as yet have not rec d a reply It works just fine on my laptop never had a problem from the very start I m stumped appreciate any help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-verizon-access-mgr-to-open-usb-wireless-modem.141716/
Relevancy 25.37%

I installed Gygabtyes HD Radeon 4650 1 gig AGP 8x card. I installed the drivers from the disc and the CCC also. However, I can't seem to get the CCC application to open. Any suggestions?

A:Catalyst Control Center

What have you tried? Can you be a little bit more specific? There are a lot of ways to open a program.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/catalyst-control-center.141489/
Relevancy 58.91%

Well i started using ultraiso and then somtimes it would open and somtimes it wont
so i uninstalled it and now it wont open at all

A:CD/DVD drive won't open

I've seen that issue myself. Try this: (selecting your OS version)

Xp
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461/en-us

Once complete, please restart

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvd-drive-wont-open.139916/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have purchased a hard disk case ("gate" GXM-25SU Case-kit), have inserted my old hard-disk to it, and connected it to my USB port. The device has been detected, the disk is turning, and it appears in the device manager.

The enclosed drivers are for Win 98 only, I am running XP - however is the driver installed as it appears in the device manager?

But the drive doesn't show up in the explorer / my computer / file manager. How can I solve this issue ?

A:External Harddisk detected, but does not appear in explorer

Has the HD been FDisked/partitioned and formatted?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-harddisk-detected-but-does-not-appear-in-explorer.22231/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi folks,
I've looked over the posts and can find no previous post on this subject.
I have a Compaq FP5315 LCD monitor. I can't get the back off. I've found the fours screws (two recessed above the base and two in the bottom corners) and what I think are pressure release clips inside slots in the bottom edge. I've peeled back the label on the center of the back and found what looks like a molding sprew or a glued in plastic plug.This doesn't seem to come out.
Something is still holding this back on. Can any of you assist me?
I've found a user manual and a repair manual. but neither has the dis-assembly instructions.
I'd appreciate any guidance that any of you can provide.
Thanks,
Bill

A:How to open the back of a Compaq FP5315 LCD Monitor

Use a large flat-blade screwdriver, and press it firmly in the crack between the front and back plastic housings. Carefully release the plastic retainers. You might have to twist the screwdriver a bit, but be careful not to mar or crack the plastic too much

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-open-the-back-of-a-compaq-fp5315-lcd-monitor.135981/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello, My HP is not starting. It is dead, doesn't power up at all. The PSU light on the back of the pc is on, not flashing or off, remains on. Does this mean the psu is working ok?
Could this be a simple change of the power button on the front of the pc to fix this issue? It doesn't appear to be faulty, no sticking. I did the power cord in another outlet. Opened the panel to see if there was anything loose. I don't see any problems. Any help in this matter would be appreciated. Thanks

A:HP media center m7257c won't turn on. Could it be as simple as the on button?

Light or no light on the power supply doesn't matter... Replace the power supply. With an LED on the back of the power supply, it is a HiPro or Bestec supply?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-media-center-m7257c-wont-turn-on-could-it-be-as-simple-as-the-on-button.136936/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi guys Netbook Acer AspireOne Router Trendnet TEW- BRP I was hoping someone could help me I ve recently got the internet in our apartment and are having problems connecting to the router Firstly there is no problems connecting with an ethernet cable Secondly I ve connected two other laptops wirelessly by changing the TCP IP from automatic to can't but Internet access connection, wireless browser Excellent in ip address subnet mask Default gateway Thirdly i can connect to every other wireless i ve come accross My netbook now shows -signal strength excellent -status connected However I am unable to connect to the internet Some other problems of interest is - it times out when I try to ping - I cannot acces my router by typing into my browser - And the wireless DHCP is not enabled I have tried factory resetting my router re loaded the software for it But to no Excellent wireless connection, but can't access Internet in browser avail I ve attached Excellent wireless connection, but can't access Internet in browser my ipconfig all If anyone could shed light on this I would really appreciate it Thanks Excellent wireless connection, but can't access Internet in browser nbsp

A:Excellent wireless connection, but can't access Internet in browser

i'm not sure but this is what i would try:

Make sure wireless is turned on, on the laptop as some have a switch specifically for that.
Make sure that you do not have a third part wireless network connection program running.
From start, settings, click network connections. right click you're wireless connection and select properties, click the wireless networks tab, make sure the box is checked where it says "use windows to configure...". then below that click and remove all the preferred networks that are there. then click okay and attempt to reconnect to the network via searching for available networks and double clicking your desired network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/excellent-wireless-connection-but-cant-access-internet-in-browser.135239/
Relevancy 57.62%

How do I open Dell optiplex gx270 case

A:How to open Dell Optiplex case?

Hi stephen1711, :wave:

I am not a mod, but
Welcome to :grinthumb

First, you need to post your question in the appropriate forum.
The intro forum is for intros, not questions, so people don't look for your question here.

When I arrived, one of the Mods welcomed me with these helpful hints.

You should read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.
System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-open-dell-optiplex-case.134881/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1318.

When I try to open programs, they will either not open at all or they will have a spot in the taskbar but there is no window open.

For example, itunes will not open at all.
I suspect a virus, so I've downloaded some programs from my other laptop (CCleaner as one) and when I open setup, the program will be in the taskbar but there is no window open, so it won't install.

Any suggestions?

Edit: When I turn it on, it will go past the Dell loading screen and then the screen will turn black for a very, very long time, then it will get past it and turn on.

There was also a time where something similar to the "welcome screen" (of vista) would show up but it would be gray/black.

It also takes a very long time to get into safemode.

A:Some Programs Won't Open

Can you boot to Safe Mode?
If so, install and run MalwareBytes or other antispyware, and antivirus software in Safe Mode. Many will not run, but some will do a good job.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/some-programs-wont-open.134672/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi I have a problem Symptoms - Any USB Mass Storage Device won t Any Windows won't in Storage Explorer my Mass appear USB Device appear in my Windows Explorer - It will appear on the bottom right screen as safely remove hardware and you can safely remove it - Device Manager can detect it in two locations Disk Drives and Universal Serial Bus Controllers as USB Mass Storage Device In their properties it says quot This device is working properly quot - Disk Management cannot detect it It will only showed my CD Drives And I ve already assigned the CD Drive letter to something elze Z - My mouse and My soundcard work Any USB Mass Storage Device won't appear in my Windows Explorer perfectly in all USB port - All the devices that I ve plugged to my USB work perfectly in another computer I ve tried these solutions It didn t work - Tried another USB Flash Drive Mp Player and my External Harddrive - Tried to plug it to all the USB Port - Tried to delete UpperFilter - Cannot assign the USB Mass Storage drive letter because it won t be detected in Disk Management - Tried to uninstall and reinstall all the USB controllers in Device Manager - The Virus amp Malware scan result were nothing Using latest Avaast and Ad-Aware - Tried to delete dosdrives in registy - Unchecked all quot Allow computer to turn off this device to save power quot Ok I ve done all of those and still can t read all my USB Flash Drive Mp Players and my External Harddrive All help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated Thanks Wii nbsp

A:Any USB Mass Storage Device won't appear in my Windows Explorer

try the FAQs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-usb-mass-storage-device-wont-appear-in-my-windows-explorer.129026/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a media center running Windows 7 I'm feeding my new 1080p HD TV with DVI to HDMI from the Nvida card all works great, but I want to also feed a second SD TV in another room with a wireless video sender. I used The "S" out to feed both SD sets. This was the setup and worked great before I got the HDTV. Can I install a second video card to give me the two different HD & SD outputs I need? Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-run-hd-sd-from-media-center-at-same-time.134239/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi I have a ThinkCentre A XP Pro SP with SoundMAX Digital Audio Playing music on the PC with browser videos not Digital working SoundMAX Audio seems to work fine but when we like go to play a video from a website there is no sound As far as I know the driver is up SoundMAX Digital Audio not working with browser videos to date at least windows update doesn t tell me to update it Driver version date I have Windows IE ANyone have any ideas how to figure out whats wrong Also fwiw I noticed that I tell XP to put my volume icon in the taskbar but it doesn t show up there at all And I just noticed when I shut down and start up the PC I don t hear the windows tunes that usually play Just fogured out I can t play SoundMAX Digital Audio not working with browser videos midi files in control panel sounds and audio audio tab midi music playback there is no device listed whereas SoundMAX Digital Audio shows in the rest SoundMAX Digital Audio not working with browser videos The only selection for midi playback is Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth but even I deslect only use default devices and select that MS one when I go back in the settings are back where they started nbsp

A:SoundMAX Digital Audio not working with browser videos

Make sure you have the latest versions of Adobe Flash player and Sun's Java installed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-digital-audio-not-working-with-browser-videos.133827/
Relevancy 58.91%

hi guys been searching for days tryn to find a tutoial on opening a fujitsu siemens amilo pro v2030..... called tech support they didnt help! tyd opening thinki damaged something! coz now i have to use a usb mouse and onscreen kyboard... i opened all basic screws bt there seems to be 1 undr my keyboard as i was toldby tech support.... cn any1 direct me on how 2 do this z .... and resn4 opening origally was 2 repair my usb ports ! plz help pllllllllllllz!

A:Need to open my v2030

Please visit: http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-33297-Guide-to-Making-a-Good-PostThread.html

5. Writing your post.
Write in respectable form, this isn?t an instant message
conversation with your buddy, it's irritating to have to decipher whatever malformed English you are typing and it's likely your post will be ignored or get something nasty replied.

In order for us to help you, we need to know what the problem is. The more precise you are with this the better. Don?t provide information that isn?t relevant, if your hard drive is giving you CRCs or clicking we don?t need to know how much RAM you have or what video card you are using.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-open-my-v2030.133337/
Relevancy 57.62%

I just finish reformat my PC, while I'm installing software's i notice that my monitor just turn off and and the Fan's inside my computer is not working also the power light is turn red and it's just blinking. what could happen to my PC? Please help me.

A:My won't open and the power light is blinking red

Am I to assume that you have successfully installed Windows XP (your other post)?
What software are you installing and after how much time does it tur off?
Did you review the power settings (under screen saver) after you installed Windows?
Also, you never gave any specs on your computer (aside from the o/s) what kind of PC do you have, how old is it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wont-open-and-the-power-light-is-blinking-red.132562/
Relevancy 58.91%

When I power up XP will not open. I just get an error page stating that Windows will not open properly, giving a few options (safe mode, last configuration, open normally etc) but if I choose any of these it just reboots and goes straight back to the error message.

I don't have an XP cd so really dont know what to do. I have lots of important holiday and wedding pics on the hard drive so I dont want to format if I can avoid it.

Any ideas how I can get this going again?

Thanks

A:Windows XP will not open

I won't claim that I can help but I'll try, we know you have XP, but we also need to know what the system specs are, any sequences of beeps you may have upon start up, etc. How long has it been doing this, has the computer been sitting, has any hardware/software changes been made? Without the o/s CD, your options may be limited.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-will-not-open.131514/
Relevancy 56.33%

I am using a wpn111 net gear wireless adapter for internet, and the software I am installing from the netgear website will not stay open. I am installing the Netgear smart wizard and it opens for split second, then closes. I have looked online for other answers and it seems like a few other people have had this problem. Any help is appreciated.

A:Netgear Smart Wizard wont stay open!

Did you have a previous install present?
What is the configuration, brand, and model of computer... and the numbers on the label on your netgear?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netgear-smart-wizard-wont-stay-open.131375/
Relevancy 57.62%

I think that I recovered some of my emails and documents after accidently reformatting my computer. However I can't seem to open the documents.
Some say its a shortcut, others are like a pst folder. Plus there were things.
Hope this makes sense. How do I actually open these folders now? It looks like there is something there given the size of it.
Maybe its the blonde in me. I did the recovery with ISO mechanics if that makes a difference.

Thanks so much for any help. These are work documents and spent hours on them and I also had very important emails saved in folder with outlook.

A:How do you open recovered documents and emails?

outlook saves everything in a *.pst file which is located
C:\Documents and Settings\_your_login_\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\

IF outlook runs at all, then find the specific PST that has a meaningful size and is post dated -- dbl click on it and it should open with all the old content

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-you-open-recovered-documents-and-emails.130774/