Windows Support Forum

Action center won't open, Internel Explorer only browser that will open, no MalwareBytes and RKill will not open

Q: Action center won't open, Internel Explorer only browser that will open, no MalwareBytes and RKill will not open

Hi everybody I picked will no RKill Action that open open, not browser and Explorer open, Internel center MalwareBytes only won't will up some nasty malware AVG was updating and suddenly everything just fell apart I can t run any installation programs regardless of the extension or name I ve tried to install Rkill and MalwareBytes with absolutely no luck It defaults to needing to be unblocked in the properties and no matter what compatibility mode I use it will not run I get Action center won't open, Internel Explorer only browser that will open, no MalwareBytes and RKill will not open a error when I try to open the security center In the taskbar I have an Action Center alert that says Important Message and Total Messages The Action Center will not open at all I do not have access to a USB key as I am not home but I will be Tuesday evening Any help would be infinitely appreciated Other notes I forgot I m on Windows Ultimate -bit and I am constantly getting errors that Windows can t load and needs to be repaired It runs and restarts sometimes being repaired and other times not Thanks a lot Jared

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Action center won't open, Internel Explorer only browser that will open, no MalwareBytes and RKill will not open

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Action center won't open, Internel Explorer only browser that will open, no MalwareBytes and RKill will not open

An update.

I've tried running MalwareBytes and RKill from a flash drive which is also not working. Windows also ends up unable to load, the startup repair runs and things work fine. Not long after Windows tries to update and then it becomes unable to load again and the startup repair runs again.

I tried running a registry fix for the .exe problem and I get an error stating that the registry is being used even when no programs are running and I am in safe mode.

Hope this information helps
thanks
Jared

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398874/action-center-wont-open-internel-explorer-only-browser-that-will-open-no-malwarebytes-and-rkill-will-not-open/
Relevancy 85.87%

Sometimes I will have 4-5 browsers open at once. I will then close all except one of them.

When I go into task manager, Processes, there will still be 4-6 "iexplorer.exe" processes open.

I don't want this. Why do they remain open after closing the browsers?

Is there a fix for this?

A:IE8: Multiple internet explorer processes open with one browser open

Do they stay there until you restart the computer or do they go away after you close all of the browsers? Also when you open more browsers again does more processes come up as well as the other already there?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/338007/ie8-multiple-internet-explorer-processes-open-with-one-browser-open/
Relevancy 82.77%

hello! im at my granmothers house and her computer is giving her some problems. I believe she has some malware problems but i only know so much about computers. i try to open up the action center and it wont let me, also, her antivirus wont open... she has windows 7 32bit and i have a second computer to work from. i saw in a post from about a year ago that i can download farbar onto a flashdrive but i want someone to walk me through the steps so i dont mess up her cpu anymore than it is! thank youuuu!

A:action center wont open

Hello -Can you please describe some of the "problems" and any error messages that show up.What Antivirus program(s) and any Antimalware programs that are currently installed.You can try to download MiniToolBox, to a USB Flash drive and run it on the problem computer.Checkmark the following checkboxes:?Flush DNS?Report IE Proxy Settings?Reset IE Proxy Settings?Report FF Proxy Settings?Reset FF Proxy Settings?List content of Hosts?List IP configuration?List last 10 Event Viewer log?List Installed Programs?List Users, Partitions and Memory size.?List Minidump FilesClick Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.See how this runs first and we can then look deeper -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460693/action-center-wont-open/
Relevancy 81.84%

Action center won't open when trying to open Center open / Action Default apps won't dpm jpg images it comes up with quot The remove Action Center won't open / Default apps dpm prodecure call failed quot but if I try again it opens When I open calculator the first time it's all grey but if I close it and open it again it works fine Sometimes explorer stops responding so I have to restart Explorer exe to fix it So there's a bunch of small problems going on all over the place Other than that windows starts up and works fine I ran quot sfc scannow quot and got a bunch of errors including here' just a small sample of some of the error entries Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them Details are included in the CBS Log windir Logs CBS CBS log For example C Windows Logs CBS CBS log Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios - - Info CBS Failed to internally open package HRESULT x f - CBS E INVALID PACKAGE - - Info CBS Failed to OpenPackage using worker session HRESULT x f - - Info CBS Failed to internally open package HRESULT x f - CBS E INVALID PACKAGE - - Info CBS Failed to OpenPackage using worker session HRESULT x f - - Info CSI c DIRSD OWNER WARNING Directory l ml quot C WINDOWS System Speech OneCore Common quot is not owned but specifies SDDL in component Microsoft-OneCore-SpeechService-Component arch amd nonSxS pkt l b bf ad e - - Info CSI DIRSD OWNER WARNING Directory l ml quot C WINDOWS apppatch Custom Custom quot is not owned but specifies SDDL in component Microsoft-Windows-Application-Experience-Infrastructure arch amd nonSxS pkt l b bf ad e - - Info CSI DIRSD OWNER WARNING Directory l ml quot C WINDOWS apppatch Custom quot is not owned but specifies SDDL in component Microsoft-Windows-Application-Experience-Infrastructure arch amd nonSxS pkt l b bf ad e - - Info CSI a Error - Overlap Duplicate ownership for directory l quot C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink quot in component Microsoft-Shared-Ink-Directory version arch amd nonSxS pkt l b bf ad e - - Info CSI ca Error - Overlap Duplicate ownership for directory l quot C WINDOWS SystemApps Microsoft Windows AssignedAccessLockApp cw n h txyewy pris quot in component Microsoft-Windows-AssignedAccessLockApp AppxMain Resources version arch amd culture l quot en-US quot nonSxS pkt l b bf ad e - - Info CSI DIRSD OWNER WARNING Directory l ml quot C WINDOWS diagnostics system AERO en-US quot is not owned but specifies SDDL in component Microsoft-Windows-AeroDiagnostic Resources arch amd culture l quot en-US quot nonSxS pkt l b bf ad e - - Info CSI DIRSD OWNER WARNING Directory l ml quot C WINDOWS Help Windows IndexStore en-US quot is not owned but specifies SDDL in component Microsoft-Windows-Assistance-CollectionFiles-Help Resources arch amd culture l quot en-US quot nonSxS pkt l b bf ad e - - Info CSI DIRSD OWNER WARNING Directory l ml quot C WINDOWS Help en-US quot is not owned but specifies SDDL in component Microsoft-Windows-Assistance-CollectionFiles-Help Resources arch amd culture l quot en-US quot nonSxS pkt l b bf ad e - - Info CSI DIRSD OWNER WARNING Directory l ml quot C WINDOWS Help Windows ContentStore en-US quot is not owned but specifies SDDL in component Microsoft-Windows-Assistance-CollectionFiles-Help Resources arch amd culture l quot en-US quot nonSxS pkt l b bf ad e - - Info CSI DIRSD OWNER WARNING Directory l ml quot C WINDOWS Help Help quot is not owned but specifies SDDL in component Microsoft-Windows-Assistance-CollectionFiles-Help arch amd nonSxS pkt l b bf ad e - - Info CSI DIRSD OWNER WARNING Directory l ml quot C WINDOWS Help Windows ContentStore quot is not owned but specifies SDDL in component Microsoft-Windows-Assistance-CollectionFiles-Help arch amd nonSxS pkt l b bf ad e - - Info CSI DIRSD OWNER WARNING Directory l ml quot C WINDOWS Help Corporate quot is not owned but specifies SDDL in component Microsoft-Windows-Assistance-CollectionFiles-Help arch amd nonS... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/69036-action-center-wont-open-default-apps-dpm.html
Relevancy 80.91%

You cannot do it from settings. Doing so changes nothing. Or at least for me it wasnt. I did the below steps to get it to work.

1. Open full version of OneNote.
2. Right click on the default tab that opens.
3. Select Copy Link to Selection
4. In the registry, navigate to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ActionCenter\Quick Actions\All\SystemSettings_Launcher_Quicknote
5. On the right, double click on Uri to modify it
6. Past in the link you got from OneNote.
7. Restart system.

Thanks to Modifying the Action Center: Note button | Fides Tamen Quin

(Please it here cause I didnt see it in the forums and they wasnt a tip and tricks section I saw.)

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/51498-open-full-version-onenote-action-center.html
Relevancy 108.79%

I was having pop ups won't with won't is open Malwarebytes mbam.exe something! I'm and open, infected deleted, and I figured my computer was infected so I scanned with SuperAntiSpyware and got some things and deleted them They were a bunch of Vundo Variant EC and S something Before I Malwarebytes won't open, mbam.exe won't open and is deleted, I'm infected with something! wanted to try my Malwarebytes but it wouldn't open even after the scanning and restarting Also my flash won't work in IE but it does in firefox I don't know whats up can anyone help Also I think I'm infected because Malwarebytes won't open, mbam.exe won't open and is deleted, I'm infected with something! my computer has stuff running in the background when I'm doing nothing While I did this Hijack this I was scanning with spyboy search and destroy Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS arservice exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exeC WINDOWS system svchost exec WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS ARPWRMSG EXEC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPwuSchd exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmgr exeC PROGRA PESTPA PPMemCheck exeC PROGRA PESTPA PPControl exeC PROGRA PESTPA CookiePatrol exeC Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exeC Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exeC Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files America Online aoltray exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exeC Program Files Updates from HP Program Updates from HP exeC Program Files MagicDisc MagicDisc exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exec windows system hpsysdrv exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft co... Read more

A:Malwarebytes won't open, mbam.exe won't open and is deleted, I'm infected with something!

Hello VersaniWelcome to BleepingComputer ==========================Download OTL to your desktop.Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.===========Download This file. Note its name and save it to your root folder, such as C:\.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with this file.Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled.Double-click on the downloaded file to start the program. (If running Vista, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator")Allow the driver to load if asked.You may be prompted to scan immediately if it detects rootkit activity.If you are prompted to scan your system click "Yes" to begin the scan.If not prompted, click the "Rootkit/Malware" tab.On the right-side, all items to be scanned should be checked by default except for "Show All". Leave that box unchecked.Select all drives that are connected to your system to be scanned.Click the Scan button to begin. (Please be patient as it can take some time to complete)When the scan is finished, click Save to save the scan results to your Desktop.Save the file as Results.log and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.Exit the program and re-enable all active protection when done.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266725/malwarebytes-wont-open-mbamexe-wont-open-and-is-deleted-im-infected-with-something/
Relevancy 107.93%

Hi all Major Defense Kit has taken over my brother s computer Working on a laptop with horrible WWAN signal so my searching is limited Sorry The PC is Win XP I have printed the removal instructions and downloaded the requisite code onto both a USB stick and a CD When I boot the machine of course Major Defense Kit comes up I let it go through its quot scan quot and then opt to quot continue infected quot of explorer open to RKill !! Can't Get Defense Kit- Major file to whatever Major Defense Kit- Can't open file explorer to Get to RKill !! it says But then it just shows me a blank desktop well the background is there It seems like the windows key on the keyboard is disabled so I can t use WIN-E to bring up file explorer to run rkill Of course there s no icons or start button so I can t start it that way either How the heck can I open something in order to run copy rkill to get going A couple things I ve done I ve killed MDK during its quot scan quot But I still can t do anything Are there processes I Major Defense Kit- Can't open file explorer to Get to RKill !! can Major Defense Kit- Can't open file explorer to Get to RKill !! kill manually via task manager to help I ve let MDK finish its quot scan quot and then clicked on quot Install Heuristics module quot to open up the browser window However I don t have any network connectivity on the infected machine so I get a in internet explorer Even if it did have connectivity the browser window it brings up has no url bar so I couldn t redirect it somewhere to download rkill to the desktop anyway So how can I open up a file explorer window to access the USB stick or CD a maybe AHA - I just thought to CTRL-N at the browser window and it brought me up a quot full quot browser window complete with address bar I will take this machine home to see if I can connect to my network to somehow download RKILL to the desktop I m not too optimistic though

A:Major Defense Kit- Can't open file explorer to Get to RKill !!

Hey all, thought I'd follow up to tell my tale and hopefully others can learn by my mistakes.

First off, I learned a trick to run something when you can't open windows explorer. Probably a well-known trick, but was new to me. Since I could get in to task manager, go to the "applications" tab and select the "New Task" button on the bottom right. Then hit "Browse" and you can navigate to the program you want to run. Something else I learned along the way is that in these "browse" windows you can copy and paste files (and probably delete stuff too, but I didn't realize that until way too late. Woulda saved me a lot of time).

So I opened up task manger, selected the "major defense kit" app, right clicked on it, and selected "go to process". I was then able to ascertain the executable that was running. It was not one that was listed in removal instructions for MDK. It was "hotfix.exe".

So since I couldn't figure out how to delete the files with windows running, I booted Ultimate Boot CD (UBCD4WIN). I went into that file explorer and found it in the \Windows directory. I deleted it along with its companion .bat file (also different from the removal instructions) usdfgs.bat. Then I booted up windows and MDK did not start (yay!) but still I only had a desktop background with no icons or start menu (boo!).

So I spent the next coupld hours trying to find the listed registry entries using both the registry editor in UBCD4WIN and another standalone bootable tool "PCRegedit". No dice. Searched high and low for the needle in the haystack. I guess it doesn't help that I'm major inexperienced in Ways Of The Registrt, but no luck at all.

So then while researching that I stumbled on the "New Task" trick. I booted up windows, opened up task manager, and New Task'd into the malware remover. After an hour and a half, 5 suspects were found and I quarantined them. Booted into windows- still no luck taskbar or icons. Phooey.

So then I read about using Recovery Console to repair a windows install. I had booted into it several times (using an XP install CD) during these attempts so I was familiar with that. Did the 'ol manually remove the 5 registry files and copy over from the recovery point directories. Still no desktop. Blah.
Then I thought about something I had noticed during startup- "Hit F11 to run Recovery" (or something along those lines).

Well, THAT mistake cost me about 12 hours. It put me into the "PC Angel" Recovery console, BUT it said there were files missing and I needed the original install CD. Long gone, says Broski. So I reboot, but it goes right into PC Angel again- no way out. I then chased my tail for a long time learning how to mark a partition "active" and the like using bootpart off of the recovery console. But it couldn't find anything when I did a "scan" or "rebuild"- it says the filesystems were corrupt. So I did chkdsk /r on both the C: (install) and D: (PC Angel) partitions. But guess what? Still wouldn't work.

So then after more googling I decided to try the "repair" trick from the install disk. Booted into the windows install, but it didn't recognize any partitions with windows installed. Aye Karumba.

So then a brain storm (more like a light drizzle I guess) hits. "I'm using an XP Pro boot CD, but this has XP Home Installed. THAT'S why it can't find it!". So I spend the next couple hours trying to download an XP Home (with SP3) install CD that is NOT a torrent (bad luck with them). Finally find one and burn the .iso to a CD and reboot. Guess what? It STILL didn't find any existing windows installs to do the repair install!!

Back to UBCD4WIN. Found the partition program, and marked the Windows partition as "active". Bo... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/359742/major-defense-kit-cant-open-file-explorer-to-get-to-rkill/
Relevancy 105.35%

I have encountered this in action Explorer preform open Cannot file Windows an annoying little bug that I cannot solve and it s been a while ago that it started I have downloaded a Cannot preform this action file open in Windows Explorer few files mkv and have gotten thumbnails working for the files Anyway after the file was downloaded they were stuck open in windows explorer I cannot tell you if this started before or after gaining MKV thumbnail support but I can tell you that if I uninstall the DIVX Plus application splitter and codec it still remains affected I cannot move or rename the files as they are constantly open in Windows Explorer I can copy the files to new locations but the copies are affected the same way If I close explorer exe in the task manager and use CMD to rename and move the files it works fine but when explorer exe is reactivated it opens them once more I also have taken to moving the files in Linux to save the hassle of CMD typing After a restart the files are open by windows explorer After renaming the files with Linux or CMD they are STILL open by windows explorer The files play perfectly in both WMP and MPlayer I don t know what is causing this How can I close these files in Windows Explorer so I don t have to deal with it Do you think the files are corrupted in someway keeping them open Could it be the thumbnails I have already used disk clean up to delete the thumbnails and reapply them and that didn t work Turning off the thumbnails in Folder Options doesn t fix it either So I don t actually think it is the thumbnail generation process Any help with this would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 104.92%

hi guys
yesterday i have downloaded "OOVOO" setup file and when i want to open this file windows asked me for which program i want to open this file with. and i chose wrongly the Windows Media Center(!) AND now when i want to any program in my windows such as IE/oovoosetup/jetaudio/... and when i starting up windows, windows automaticly open the Media Center .
and when i want to open system information from << right clicking on "my computer" and chose propertise>> windows open media center too.

How i can solve this problem??

and my notebook's iformation:
made: Toshiba
cpu:
ram:

A:Need Help!open media center when i open other programs!

Hi Reza.Deabae,

I'm not understanding the issue to 100%. What application are you trying to open, and what happens when you do? Or are you saying that whatever application you open Windows Media Player opens?

Could you please try to boot into Safemode (Press F8 during startup) and see if the problem persists there.

It does sound like your filetype associations has been screwed up, either by a system fault or a malware.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-help-open-media-center-when-i-open-other-programs-601872.html
Relevancy 103.2%

Hi Everyone,

I'm having windows xp professional and couple of days back i install 3hersoft dvd maker and from then i'm not able to open any other exe's and also my google search is being redirected to http://63.209.69.107 page.

I tried running malware bytes and as i told earlier i'm unable to run any exe's here is what the message i'm getting.

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

I tried creating new user account as specified in some site but of no use.

please help me in resolving the issue.

Thanks
Medikonduri

A:Unable to open any exe and browser redirecting to http://63.209.69.107 when trying to open other links

Can you try Malwarebytes in Safe Mode via hitting F8 just after the BIOS Splash Screen?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424457/unable-to-open-any-exe-and-browser-redirecting-to-http6320969107-when-trying-to-open-other-links/
Relevancy 101.91%

I have a windows 7 msi laptop that until recently has had no issues.
The past several weeks however, Internet Explorer closes unexpectedly multiple times when I am online. Also, I cannot open PDF files and Adobe Reader will not reinstall. iTunes won't open, and pictures won't open when I double-click them.

No error messages have shown up...the programs simply just do not open. I have the latest version of iTunes, and I am unable to download any version of a PDF file reader, but I previously had Nuance.

I have NO CLUE what to do or how to begin trying to resolve this issue, and most of my work files are PDF so this is becoming a huge problem...please help.

A:Internet Explorer closes unexpectedly, Adobe Reader won't open, iTunes won't open....

Hello and welcome to TSF,
The first step would be to try a different browser and see if your online problems keeps happening. If you are a hardcore IE fan, see if there is an update for it. As far as your pictures and files are concerned, it might need a simple solution like Disk Defrag. Many people overlook this, but hey it works! You can also do a Disk Cleanup (also built into Windows) which clears some unnecessary junk.
Good Luck!
Carpetfizz

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-explorer-closes-unexpectedly-adobe-reader-wont-open-itunes-wont-open-598190.html
Relevancy 101.91%

I've tried everything I can think of but I have something pretty nasty here I think Below I've got the DDS log files that I went through about steps to post I'm using my wife's laptop to post this I've attached below Let me know if you guys can help DDS Version - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Nate Smith at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Running Processes Pseudo HJT Report mStart Page hxxp www msn com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO D CB -C CD- c f-BFDC- B AFBDC C - c windows system ljJYSLBr dll BHO d bf Not Will Open S&D Firefox/Explorer/Malwarebytes/Spybot - f Firefox/Explorer/Malwarebytes/Spybot S&D Will Not Open - bd-f - c d - c windows system gsdrgfdrrgnd dll BHO DE E C- A C- B- D- A A - Firefox/Explorer/Malwarebytes/Spybot S&D Will Not Open c windows system khfCvvtR dll TB D A B-D B- D - A - EE F C - c program files aim toolbar AIMBar dll uRun updateMgr quot c program files adobe acrobat reader AdobeUpdateManager exe quot AcRdB -reboot uRun VnrPack quot c program files vnrpack VnrPack exe quot uRun GetModule c program files getmodule GetModule exe uRun lrijh s jhbfgfd c docume natesm locals temp winlognn exe uRun tezrtsjhfr iusjfo f c docume natesm locals temp csrssc exe uRun iziz c progra common iziz izizm exe uRun cogad quot c documents and settings nate smith application data cogad cogad exe quot A B BBF B B Firefox/Explorer/Malwarebytes/Spybot S&D Will Not Open E C C A E C A uRun GetPack quot c program files getpack GetPack exe quot uRun MS AntiSpyware quot c documents and settings all users application data crucialsoft ltd ms antispyware msas exe quot autorun mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE mRun DAEMON Tools- quot c program files d-tools daemon exe quot -lang mRun tgcmd quot c program files support com bin tgcmd exe quot server startmonitor deaf mRun POEngine mRun Adobe Photo Downloader quot c program files adobe photoshop album starter edition apps apdproxy exe quot mRun AppleSyncNotifier c program files common files apple mobile device support bin AppleSyncNotifier exe mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot c program files malwarebytes' anti-malware mbam exe quot runcleanupscript mRun lrijh s jhbfgfd c docume natesm locals temp winlognn exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup adober lnk - c program files adobe acrobat reader reader sl exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup micros lnk - c program files microsoft office office OSA EXE uPolicies-explorer NoFolderOptions x uPolicies-system DisableRegistryTools x IE amp AIM Search - c program files aim toolbar AIMBar dll aimsearch htm IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE - c documents and settings all users start menu programs absolute poker Absolute Poker lnk IE B B -A - c - F C-F A C FCC D - c program files partygaming partycasino RunCasino exe IE B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - c program files partygaming partypoker RunApp exe IE c documents and settings all users start menu programs absolute poker Absolute Poker lnk - br IE B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBC - c program files java jre bin jp iexp dll IE B B -A - c - F C-F A C FCC D - c program files partygaming partycasino RunCasino exe IE B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - c program files partygaming partypoker RunApp exe IE DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - - F - D - - D F - c progra spybot SDHelper dll Handler cdo - CD A- B - D - DB- C FB D - c program files common files microsoft shared web folders PKMCDO DLL Notify igfxcui - igfxsrvc dll Notify ljJYSLBr - ljJYSLBr dll Notify winctrl - WinCtrl dll AppInit DLLs abghap dll xuqmuv dll SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows syste... Read more

A:Firefox/Explorer/Malwarebytes/Spybot S&D Will Not Open

Backdoor ThreatIMPORTANT NOTE: Unfortunatly One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.Though the trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?When Should I Format, How Should I ReinstallWe can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do. If you want to continue do the following:Install Recovery Console and Run ComboFixDownload Combofix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. Link 1Link 2 Link 3Close/disable all anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Refer to this page if you are not sure how.Close any open windows, including this one.Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. If you did not have it installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.Note:The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help youshould your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the contents of the log (C:\ComboFix.txt).Leave your computer alone while ComboFix is running.ComboFix will restart your computer if malware is found; allow it to do so.Note: Please Do NOT mouseclick combofix's window while its running because it may call it to stall.Download and Run Scan with GMERWe will use GMER to scan for rootkits.Download gmer.zip and save to your desktop.
Alternate Download Site 1
Alternate Download Site 2Unzip/extract the file to its own folder. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. Win 2000 users click here. When you have done this, disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
There is a small chance this application may crash your computer so save any work you have open.Double-click on Gmer.exe to start the program.Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.If it gives you a warning at program start about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/198411/firefoxexplorermalwarebytesspybot-sd-will-not-open/
Relevancy 101.91%

I ran malwarebytes on my aunt s computer because there was a virus that was stopping numerous applications from opening After removing the infected files I tried opening internet explorer I keep getting the same error message quot An error has occurred in Internet Explorer Internet Explorer will not close quot This is version of IE When i tried installing version i get the error message quot the procedure entry point shreggetvaluew could not be located in the dynamic link library shwapi dll quot I ran hijackthis and my log is included below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Internet after Explorer running open won't Malwarebytes WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System brss a exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin Tmntsrv exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin PCCPFW exe C WINDOWS System WgaTray exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Dealio Toolbar SearchSettings exe C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin pccguide exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin PCCClient exe Internet Explorer won't open after running Malwarebytes C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin Pop trap exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Corel Suite Programs DAD EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook B AB F-D C- B-A F -F CEAC - - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - E E- - F - DAB-FCDD B E D - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - A F - D - -BBB - AA E F - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - E E- - F - DAB-FCDD B E D - C Program Files Dealio Toolbar SearchSettings dll R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Dealio Toolbar - B - AF- FFB- AB - A C FB A C - C Program Files Dealio Toolbar DealioToolbarIE dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO no name - A-DC -D E- A - AABACFBEE - no file O - BHO FCTBPos Pos - C D - B - E -B E - C BC DCD - no file O - BHO no name - EA D -E - D -A C - B F - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B E dll O - BHO MSN Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO no name - DC BC -C DD- -AD F- E F - no file O - BHO no name - E E- - F - DAB-FCDD B E D - C Program Files Dealio Toolbar SearchSettings dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleIns... Read more

Relevancy 101.91%

Hi open task Internet and but not manager firewall open disabled Explorer in All I've been racking my brain trying to see what is going on and I cannot for the life of me figure it out So I was hoping that someone on here might be able to help Here's my situation As I mentioned in the title something is going wrong with internet explorer and it opens in the task manager but is not open on the screen although I do often see a little flash of something like a window popping up every now and then but only a flash then it's gone Also I will click on normal links like cnn com after searching google for cnn and it will send me to some random website usually trying to sell me something Finally after some invesitgation it looks like there is a false iexplorer exe file on my computer that got there somehow and I think is causing issues Oh and my windows firewall and symantec have been disabled I have scanned with malwarebytes adaware spybot and a few others with some each of them finding things but nothing has been fixed Any and all help is greatly appreciated Thank you in advance -Duck Below is the DDS from the preparation guide I found I have the Attach file as well but the file says not to post unless asked to do so So I'll wait until that I guess DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Howard Internet Explorer open in task manager but not open and firewall disabled at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Symantec Endpoint Protection Enabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Enabled Internet Explorer open in task manager but not open and firewall disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Symantec Endpoint Protection Enabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Smc exe C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Users Howard AppData Roaming Spotify Data SpotifyWebHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Fitbit fitbit-tray exe C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Fitbit fitbit exe C Windows system lxbucoms exe C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe C Users Howard AppData Local Programs Google MusicManager MusicManager exe C Program Files x Fitbit Connect Fitbit Connect exe C Windows System regsvr exe C Users Howard AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Windows SysWOW regsvr exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x Multimedia Card Reader ShwiconXP exe C Program Files x Roxio OEM Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe C Program Files x Dell Stage Dell Stage AccuWeather accuweather exe C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files HTC ModeSelection VMMModeSelection exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x Symantec Symantec En... Read more

A:Internet Explorer open in task manager but not open and firewall disabled

Hello! Welcome to BleepingComputer Forums!
My name is Georgi and and I will be helping you with your computer problems.
Before we begin, please note the following:
I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
The logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me.
Stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
Instructions that I give are for your system only!
Please do not run any tools until requested ! The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
Please perform all steps in the order received. If you can't understand something don't hesitate to ask.
Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. I will not help you if you do not follow my instructions.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Regards,
Georgi

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529256/internet-explorer-open-in-task-manager-but-not-open-and-firewall-disabled/
Relevancy 101.48%

I have an older Dell running XP Would like to wipe the operating system and do a clean install but have some programs I no longer have install disks for so I can t Tried to complete the Preperation Guide Defrogger worked fine can't open control address 2, explorer that for I didn't websites freezes, panel, Computer type open DDS would not run and it just gave me Computer 2, explorer freezes, can't open control panel, websites open that I didn't type address for an output file full of gibberish I tried to attach the text file but it was too large Since DDR wouldn t run I downloaded Hijackthis and have posted the log file instead GMER ran fine took a long time and I ve attached the log Computer 2, explorer freezes, can't open control panel, websites open that I didn't type address for file Any help getting this machine cleaned up will be appreciated Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Norton PC Checkup Norton PC Checkup Engine SymcPCCULaunchSvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Norton PC Checkup Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Norton PC Checkup Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltuser exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings Brodie Desktop gmer exe C Documents and Settings Brodie My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g ... Read more

A:Computer 2, explorer freezes, can't open control panel, websites open that I didn't type address for

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the Quick Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note - if you get the following warning, just ignore: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"Click on Cancel, then Accept.-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't forget extra.txt)RKU logThanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368648/computer-2-explorer-freezes-cant-open-control-panel-websites-open-that-i-didnt-type-address-for/
Relevancy 101.48%

Download a free program called ExplorerXP at www.explorerxp.com/ and it works like XP version except use keyboard enter to actually open the unlimitied number of files highlighted.

Last night had folder with over 4000 files needed opened to execute them and load them into a program. No issues. Otherwise, win 7 and above allow only 15 at a time.

Worth donating to the provider of software!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398859-solved-open-multiple-files-open-option-win-explorer.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Please, someone help in my problem

My Search for Files or Folders don't open!!!!

and the option of Open in new window, not open too!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-explorer-not-open-function-open-in-new-window-and-search-dont-too.18083/
Relevancy 101.48%

My computer (OS Windows XP Home) has been running rather slow and recently I have not been able to access any internet sites. I have successfully connected to more than one wireless network and had 100% signal strength. When opening internet explorer, my preset homepage has disappeared and internet explorer is attempting to connect to errordns.com in the lower left corner of the window. The address bar remains blank. The explorer window then continues to constantly connect to errordns.com as if I were clicking Go on the right side of the address bar numerous times and overwhelming internet explorer. I am not able to access anything else which requires an internet connection, such as limewire or my AIM icon. I have attempted to change my homepage address in the internet connections options but the same repeating connection to errordns.com occurs. I do not have an up-to-date antivirus system currently. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

A:Errordns.com Page Attempts To Open While Trying To Open Internet Explorer

Welcome to BC qatorgraffstart with checking for malware causes to your problem.Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.http://www.superantispyware.com/]SuperAintiSpywareRun the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html]Bitdefender

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85410/errordnscom-page-attempts-to-open-while-trying-to-open-internet-explorer/
Relevancy 101.48%

please help i have tried to figure it out and i am no computer whiz my computer freezes when i attempt to open IE and it may delay for min or so sometimes and then it says slow comp internet runs not will or explorer open 2 all at open not responding or sometimes plus ie windows open up on comp runs slow 2 open internet explorer or will not open at all their own and say page can not be displayed and take over my computer it slows down my computer what shall i do i am running in safe mode so i can post this thread here is my hijack log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows comp runs slow 2 open internet explorer or will not open at all XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files NavNT defwatch exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files NavNT rtvscan exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass Omniserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C WINDOWS system MsgSys EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Softex OmniPass OPXPApp exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost local O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - b dbe- d- c -b c - de - C WINDOWS system gelapele dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO BHO - BBD A- B - cd- BCD- AA DA B - C WINDOWS system iehelper dll file missing O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch A FB BD dll O - BHO SidebarAutoLaunch Class - F AA - - -B C -A CCDF CBF D - C Program Files Yahoo browser YSidebarIEBHO dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run vptray quot C Program Files NavNT vptray exe quot O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier quot C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support ... Read more

A:comp runs slow 2 open internet explorer or will not open at all

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 4:32:21 PM, on 8/12/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\NavNT\defwatch.exe
C:\Program Files\NavNT\rtvscan.exe
C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\Omniserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\OPXPApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxssvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MsgSys.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\NavNT\vptray.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqbam08.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqgpc01.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_clipbook.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost;*.local
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\companion\Installs\cpn0\ycomp5_6_0_1.dll
O2 - BHO: HP Print Enhancer - {0347C33E-8762-4905-BF09-768834316C61} - C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_printenhancer.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {243B17DE-77C7-46BF-B94B-0B5F309A0E64} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\GRA8E1~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7b896dbe-620d-49c7-b1c0-6607de143671} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\yovalono.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.1.1309.3572\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: BHO - {BBD4551A-9B23-41cd-9BCD-818AA2DA7B63} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\iehelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Dictionary Compression sdch - {C84D72FE-E17D-4195-BB24-76C02E2E7C4E} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_A8904FB862BD9564.dll
O2 - BHO: SidebarAutoLaunch Class - {F2AA9440-6328-4933-B7C9-A6CCDF9CBF6D} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\YSidebarIEBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: HP Smart BHO Class - {FFFFFFFF-CF4E-4F2B-BDC2-0E72E116A856} - C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_BHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\companion\Installs\cpn0\ycomp5_6_0_1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5C... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comp-runs-slow-2-open-internet-explorer-or-will-not-open-at-all.851205/
Relevancy 100.62%

It is so incredibly annoying. When it pops up (i.e. to remind me to backup my system), I can't clear the box. It stays on top of everything until a reboot. Even an end-task on explorer.exe won't get rid of it.

It's happened now on two different PC's running x64 ultimate - so I assume this is a known bug?

A:"Open Action Center" dialog box won't clear

What does this do?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/80921-open-action-center-dialog-box-wont-clear.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Hi,

When i click on the drive D: and E: to open in Explorer , it is aking for OPEN WITH . Then i used to select the internet explorer, then only i am able to view the files in the folder.

Is this the problem with Virus or anything in the setting.

Thanks
Saravanan

A:When i click on the drive D: and E: to open in Explorer , it is aking for OPEN with i

Hi,
I have same problem in my pc, actually this problem occurs by threats .i installed AVG antivirus free edition & then i did complete pc scan.Now my D drive opening normally.try this can be helpful for u.

Regards
Rafi

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/when-i-click-on-the-drive-d-and-e-to-open-in-explorer-it-is-aking-for-open-with-i-240058.html
Relevancy 100.62%

I sites open Web explorer Internet being open magically without was getting explorer windows popping open without explorer Web sites magically open without Internet explorer being open even being open Also Explorer is very slow sometimes taking several clicks to get it open I appreciate any help All instructions thru followed exactly Spybot Norton currently running but not fixing problem Panda found this but did not remove it- if new adware cws searchmeup Adware No Yes No c program files internet explorer svchost exe Hijack log Multiple Logitech camera entries removed that explains its buggyness Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Michael Beuhler on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -- HijackThis run as Michael Beuhler exe ------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer svchost exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files TightVNC WinVNC exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system PRISMSVR EXE C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Eraser eraser exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Documents and Settings Michael Beuhler Desktop ZonedOut dss exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK MICHAE EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https login yahoo com config login ntl us amp src ym R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO no name - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser CoIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS sys... Read more

A:Web sites magically open without Internet explorer being open

Please do not edit the logs, though I'm sure you meant well. To rid yourself of those O18 entries, you can uninstall Logitech's Desktop Messenger. It's not really necessary.

From their site:

Quote:

If you choose to disable to uninstall the Logitech Desktop Messenger you will not receive any messages about updates to your products. However we will be posting on in the downloads sections of the Logitech site. So if you choose to monitor the Logitech website as an alternative, you will be able to access the latest updates.

========================

DSS should have produced another log, extra.txt

It should be located at C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt

Please post it.

If it's not there, please do this:

Please run Deckard's System Scanner once again, this time using these instructions:

Click the Windows 'Start' button > Select 'Run' - then copy/paste this into the run box & click OK
"C:\Documents and Settings\Michael Beuhler\Desktop\ZonedOut\dss.exe" /config Click on "Check All"

Click Scan!

When finished, it shall produce two logs for you. Post those logs in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/web-sites-magically-open-without-internet-explorer-being-open-256767.html
Relevancy 99.76%

I am having a problem with the media center on a Windows 7 Ultimate on a Gateway MX6920, I experienced two crashes and then freezing and studdering + buzzing during video + photo playback, during one of those freezes, I open up my web browser to google the freezing issue (never got to), and AS SOON AS I opened my web browser and it tries to load a page, the internet drops to a yellow triangle (no internet). the result of the troubleshooter is "The Default Gateway is not available". I have had issues before with AS SOON AS I open a web browser the internet drops. Google doesn't like that search though. I Googled it plenty of times. But I am sure that the media center is part of the cause on this one.

Please help me

A:Media Center freezing/open web browser/loss of internet

Open Event Viewer, expand the Windows Logs section and select the Application subsection. Right-click it and select Save all logs as... Name it Application Logs and save it on the Desktop. Do the same for the System subsection and save it as System Logs. Select both files and zip them in a compressed folder (right-click them, select Send to... and select compressed folder. Attach the compressed folder in your next reply so we can have a look at your event logs.

While you are at it, let's see the output of IPCONFIG while your internet is working and while it isn't. Open CMD as administrator (search for CMD in start menu, right click it and select run as administrator). Inside CMD, type the code below:

Code:
ipconfig /all >0 & notepad 0
A notepad window will open with the output of that command. Select all of the text and paste it in your next reply. Run the CMD command twice, one for when the internet connection is dropped and one for when it's working. We therefore expect two ipconfig outputs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/media-center-freezing-open-web-browser-loss-of-internet-977905.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Thanks in advance for your help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system S apphk exe C Security explorer McAfee This Center slow won't open-Hijack running Log and Internet WINDOWS system ps exe C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C WINDOWS Logi MwX Exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxcrmon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series ezprint exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BackWeb- exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Internet explorer running slow and McAfee Security Center won't open-Hijack This Log Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna Internet explorer running slow and McAfee Security Center won't open-Hijack This Log mcnasvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS mcvsshld exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C WINDOWS system lxcrcoms exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Roadrunner O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Lexmark Toolbar - A C- F - -A D-EDD AC F - C Program Files Lexmark Toolbar toolband dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO IEProxyHelperObj Class - DF FD-D ED- c e-B A-F A C - C Program Files MusicNow IEProxyHelper dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS scriptcl dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c windows googletoolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll... Read more

A:Internet explorer running slow and McAfee Security Center won't open-Hijack This Log

Scratch the McAfee problem. Somehow when I renewed it, it never downloaded!?!!! Now it's up and running!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/internet-explorer-running-slow-and-mcafee-security-center-wont-open-hijack-this-log-298593.html
Relevancy 95.46%

When I have Internet Explorer (6) open and I try to open a new browser from the start menu or my desktop, it uses the browser I already have opened instead of opening a new one. Can I fix this? (I am still using IE6 until I add some RAM to my computer).

A:Can't open more than one browser in Internet Explorer.

Does anyone have an aswer to my question?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/186269/cant-open-more-than-one-browser-in-internet-explorer/
Relevancy 95.46%

The last week I've been unable to open Internet Explorer, the page starts to load then a box pops up 'Internet Explorer has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will notify you if a solution is available'.  Chrome, Firefox and Avant browsers all work fine.  I've tried System Restore 3 times but that keeps telling me that it could not access a file, an unspecified error occured during system restore.  I've tried system restore through Safe Mode but that says 'some files are missing - your Windows installation or recovery media will provide these files' but I havnt got an installation disc.  Don't know what to try next.

A:Internet Explorer browser won't open

See Here...

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,150792.0.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I have been getting popups at random times even internet not explorer when browser open popups when I am do not have my internet browser open I have run adaware spybot and cw shredder multiple times but nothing has solved the problem I went ahead and ran hijack this ang the log will follow Thank you in advance to anyone that may have any insight as to where the problem is Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System internet explorer popups when browser not open S EvMon exe internet explorer popups when browser not open C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System basfipm exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Canon MultiPASS MPSERVIC EXE C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS System RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS internet explorer popups when browser not open System WFXSVC EXE C Program Files WinFax WFXMOD EXE C WINDOWS system ZCfgSvc exe C WINDOWS System XConfig exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C WINDOWS System fxredir exe C WINDOWS system wfxsnt exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system ntvdm exe C WINDOWS system ntvdm exe C Documents and Settings Eric Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http yoursearch ws browser R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C DOCUME Eric LOCALS Temp se dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http yoursearch ws R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http yoursearch ws browser R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C DOCUME Eric LOCALS Temp se dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http yoursearch ws browser R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blank O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - c Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - c Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO no name - D B A- FDA- -B AA-B F F E - C WINDOWS system lnpb dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - c Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run Dell Quic... Read more

Relevancy 93.31%

I've always used explorer.exe as an FTP client but yesterday it stopped working. Every time I open an FTP site with explorer it opens up in default web browser (Firefox 8).

I also tried making a new url shortcut to "ftp://xxx.xxx/" with the .url extension. That also opened in Firefox. I then changed the default program of .url files to explorer.exe and that resulted in an infinite loop of new explorer.exes opening. The default recommended opening program is "Internet Browser - Microsoft Corporation".

So what on earth happened? Before that I had installed a new processor (Athlon X4 -> Phenom X6) and installed some light weight benchmarking software like CoreTemp and CPUID HWmonitor.

Does anyone know how this can be fixed? Maybe in somewhere in the registry?

Thank you!

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

SOLVED: FTP sites automatically open in browser instead of Windows Explorer

A:FTP sites automatically open in browser instead of Windows Explorer

Hello,

See:
How do you set a default for ftp sites to always open using Windows - Microsoft Answers

It will be something to dowith the new firefox installation. Changing the file extensions wont help because FTP is a protocol not an extension.
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200525-ftp-sites-automatically-open-browser-instead-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Ok, what in the world is going on with this? First off, I'm at THIS webpage because I had two IE windows open already. Not too long ago I attempted to open up a third, and I can't do it.

Every time I try to do so I get the error message that I put in this threads title. What can I do to resolve this?

A:"Internet Explorer could not open the search page." (I can't open any new IE windows!

I just found out another detail for you.

In the IE windows that are already open, when I click on a link that opens a new window on it's on...it works.

The only problem is when I try to manually open a new one myself. So, right now, I'm rather afraid to close all of the IE windows currently open and to restart my computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-could-not-open-the-search-page-i-cant-open-any-new-ie-windows.186623/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello,

I'm unable to drag and drop icons from desktop to an open window or open window to open window

what happens is when i hold down the left mouse button to drag an icon from the desktop to an open window

*** the cursor changes to a black circle with a diagonal line going through it (like the no smoking sign symbol)

what is causing this to happen?

thx rob
ps: ONLY copy/cut and paste works now

A:unable to drag and drop icons from desktop to an open window or open window to open w

Check this setting. Enable Dragging and Dropping

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-drag-and-drop-icons-from-desktop-to-an-open-window-or-open-window-to-open-w.504772/
Relevancy 92.45%

Sometimes I will have 4-5 browsers open at once. I will then close all except one of them.

When I go into task manager, Processes, there will still be 4-6 "iexplorer.exe" processes open.

I don't want this. Why do they remain open after closing the browsers?

Is there a fix for this?

A:IE8: Multiple internet explorer processes active with one browser open

It?s perfectly normal to see two or more iexplore.exe processes in the Task Manager when an Internet Explorer 8 window is open. This is due to a change made in Internet Explorer 8 where the frame and tabs are split, each having their own processes. Each tab has its own process so that the rest of the tabs and the browser frame/window are not affected if a single tab process crashes. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/102716-ie8-multiple-internet-explorer-processes-active-one-browser-open.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello, when fixing my parents laptop I used Rkill in Safe Mode With Networking, which installed as iexplorer.exe (so the virus I had wouldn't detect it as an anti-virus and block it), but now when I try to open Internet Explorer, Firefox, or any program, I get the "Open With" window as if it is not installed on the computer now.

Is RKill messing with my programs since it installed as IExplorer.exe or is it something else?

I ran Malwarebytes and Rkill in Safe Mode then rebooted is all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-used-rkill-which-installed-as-iexplorer-exe-now-i-cant-open-any-program.1082485/
Relevancy 91.16%

I have some kind of malware that is redirecting me to ad sites and has placed a google desktop icon on the lower right hand section of my screen. I first tried running mbam and it is blocked. I also tried spybot and it is blocked as well. I have McAfee Total Protection which I ran in safe mode with networking. It came up with nothing. So I have downloaded rkill now but I still can't open mbam to do a malware scan. I still can't open spybot. Is there another way to bring up mbam? Do I need to download rkill again since I have rebooted?

A:Can't open mbam or spybot after downloading rkill

Ok, so for starters, have you actually run rkill? If not, I would go ahead and do that as it should stop the virus from stopping you from running mbam. If you still can't run mbam, I would try running it in safe mode. I would do a full scan inside of safe mode, that way it can atleast detect and remove some of the virus' files required for running.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/354852/cant-open-mbam-or-spybot-after-downloading-rkill/
Relevancy 90.73%

How do I add an Open action in Windows XP. For example, when I insert a blank CD I would like the list of choices that pops up to include "Burn a CD with Nero"

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-an-open-action.72576/
Relevancy 89.44%

Can someone PLEASE help me, I have an Ebook on php id like to use.
XP sp2
:-/

A:.chm files will NOT open, they ask me to save or open again when i open them.

Always use Google as a first port of call, you'd have found this immediately:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312456

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/chm-files-will-not-open-they-ask-me-to-save-or-open-again-when-i-open-them.29734/
Relevancy 89.44%

Okay When you double-click on your hard drive or any other folders in My Computer it opens that drive or folder in the same window of Explorer right When I double-click on a hard drive or folder in my computer it instead opens a search window I managed to assign a default action for 'open' for a action folder clicking is gone! The double-clicking that lets me open the folder or drive in a seperate window but I can t delete actions that I ve tried that don t work So now when i right-click on a folder or drive a bunch of different actions Such as find explore and the ones I made myself pop up This happened when I tried The 'open' action for clicking a folder is gone! to change the icon for drives and folders in the same Edit File Types menu In the Edit File The 'open' action for clicking a folder is gone! Types menu the options for removing actions or setting the action to browse in the same window are grayed out So now I can t set an action to open the folder or drive in the same window and I can t delete actions that don t work Here s how I managed to get the action to open the folder or drive in a seperate window I went to the Edit File Types menu and selected Drive I clicked on Advanced I clicked on New I selected C Windows Explorer exe as the program used to perform the action I named the action The 'open' action for clicking a folder is gone! Explode and set it as default Now the window will open in Explorer like it should but not in the same window Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:The 'open' action for clicking a folder is gone!

Bump. Please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-open-action-for-clicking-a-folder-is-gone.528220/
Relevancy 89.44%

Yesterday I noticed my computer internet browsers acting funny - directing me to false websites. I did a little research on my mobile and discovered the symptoms were likely a dnschanger. I switched to an open dns number and it seemed to fix the problem last night (although I knew it was probably a bandaid approach). Tonight I turned on the computer and I have the same problem - even though my computer indicates it is operating on open dns numbers.

McAfee scan showed 9 trojans, but deleted them yesterday.

Not sure what my next move should be. Please help!!!!!!

A:dnschanger still in action after changing to open dns

PLEASE!!!!

I need help!

I have run three different anti virus/malware scans and deletes and changed my DNS to open DNS and still have the problem.

Please help!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193254/dnschanger-still-in-action-after-changing-to-open-dns/
Relevancy 89.44%

I just bought a Yoga 900-13ISK and I don't know if this model has open lid wake up function?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-900-13ISK-Lid-Open-Action/td-p/3474611
Relevancy 88.58%

All I am using a rd party program that attaches documents to e-mail and will use Outlook to send I use the program to send myself action... do item. "Can't Outlook cannot open this this an e-mail with a word document attached I do receive the mail "Can't open this item. Outlook cannot do this action... and there is an icon paper clip showing that there is an attachment If I double-click on the e-mail I get this message quot Can t open this item Outlook cannot do this action on this type of attachment quot If I right-click the mail and choose quot View Attachments quot I see the document name that I chose in the rd party program and I chose it but receive this message quot The system cannot find the file specified quot I am able to open view any other attachment that I receive from another e-mail address it only fails when this rd party program attaches a document Do you think that this is a security setting somewhere Any ideas Thanks in advance Dell OptiPlex GX P MB RAM WinXP Home Outlook nbsp

A:"Can't open this item. Outlook cannot do this action...

Instructions for changing Outlook's security settings in regards to attachments are on this page.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-open-this-item-outlook-cannot-do-this-action.252013/
Relevancy 88.58%

When opening a program I get a message saying "Choosing to explore 42 items at once may take a long time and cause your computer to respond slowly". Opening document files causes many other files / windows to open as well. Is this a virus or Windows issue?? None of the standard fixes I would normally use will allow me open them to solve it (system restore, task manager, Norton, creating a new user, etc).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/multiple-files-open-with-single-action-243849.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi all, I have a fairly specific question about file type associations in Windows 10. I would like for the default action when opening a certain file type to be to open the file location instead. Is this possible?

For example, say I have a file "C:\Note.txt" . When I open the file it opens in notepad currently. What I would like instead is: when I open the file, it takes me to the folder "C:\" . I don't actually intend to use this for .txt files, but I assume the technique will be pretty much the same for any file type.

Is there any simple way of accomplishing this? Thanks in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/default-action-to-open-file-location-1152121.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi, the computer came with a Users action User.  I am unable to delete the account.  I am told the file is open in another program even after I perform a safe boot. How come?
KC

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/67b6f7b9-b6e7-4002-a052-dc7edbc73f1e/err-msg-action-can-not-be-completed-this-file-is-open-in-another-program?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 88.58%

I am a teacher, and have had my students do some assignments on Open Office using machines that run Edubunu. They have then uploaded their assignments and I want to be able to mark them at home but I have windows based Open Office. Will I be able to open their assignments?

A:Can I open documents created on Open Office on a linux based system using a windows based Open Office?

Yup!
PS
Your school must be so cool if it uses Edubuntu!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311978/can-i-open-documents-created-on-open-office-on-a-linux-based-system-using-a-windows-based-open-office/
Relevancy 88.15%
A:i can't open my camera when i press it just open and say unable to open camera what's wrong with it

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question My camera can't work and it say unable to open it Which device and Windows build you are tlakin about, please

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441314-i-cant-open-my-camera-when-i-press-just-open-say-unable-open-camera-whats-wrong.html
Relevancy 87.72%

This message comes up for everything!"This file does not have a program associated with it for preforming this action. Create an association in Folder Options control panel."It happened after I was removing a virus in safe mode. I can't open Firefox, I can't open Malwarebytes, I can't open AVG...I can't even open up a System Restore! What do I do?Edit: Moved topic from All Other Applications to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:None of my files will open! "This file does not have a program associated with it for preforming this action."

Welcome aboard Download and run exeHelper. Please download exeHelper from Raktor to your desktop. Double-click on exeHelper.com to run the fix. A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed. A log file named log.txt will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com Attach the log.txt file to your next message.Note: If the window shows a message that says "Error deleting file", please re-run the program before posting a log - and post the two logs together (they will both be in the one file).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431590/none-of-my-files-will-open-this-file-does-not-have-a-program-associated-with-it-for-preforming-this-action/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi,

I'm getting this message when I try to transfer folder to another location on my hard drive.
"The action cannot be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program."

The problem is I don't know what program has the folder open. How do I find out which program it is so I can close it and move the folder to another location?

TIA

A:This action cannot be completed b/c the folder or a file in it is open in another program

Try unlocker: http://www.filehippo.com/download_unlocker/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/400234/this-action-cannot-be-completed-bc-the-folder-or-a-file-in-it-is-open-in-another-program/
Relevancy 87.72%

When trying to rename a new folder in Windows 7, the user gets the message "the action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program." We have tried turning off indexing for the parent folder. We can delete the folder. We just can't rename it. It has 'Read-only' attribute. Any suggestions?

A:"The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program"

Try this: File Unlocker.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/359509/the-action-cant-be-completed-because-the-folder-or-a-file-in-it-is-open-in-another-program/
Relevancy 87.72%

First a bit of background I had just recently installed my Logitech Webcam software and later on today I ve deleted the installer to the recycle bin and am trying to empty the recycle bin When I do this I get this message http img imageshack us img capturerhf jpgFirstly why is this happening in the first place It s simply an installer The application itself has installed fine and I should have no problem deleting the installer right What does it mean quot because file is open in Application Experience quot What on earth is this Also why is the file named quot lws full exe quot yet in that image I have provided it s called quot RX JXFZ exe quot Also worth noting that the file is bytes in the image I provided yet the original file itself is MB Say what The file deletes itself fine if I cancel or try again but I still don t understand why Experience" in open "Application is Action file be because completed can't this happens Thanks so much for your assistance in clarifying this issue for me

A:Action can't be completed because file is open in "Application Experience"

You can download TFC .This will help,it will dump all temp files.You will have to save this to your desktop.It has to be run from desktop cant be run from temp file.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/348308/action-cant-be-completed-because-file-is-open-in-application-experience/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi everyone I m having a weird problem when I try to open any of my file folders Usually the first option at the top of the right-click menu is Open but for some reason mine has cmd at the top instead Whenever I try to open file folders with just a click the error message quot This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action Please install a program or if one is for 'open' not file folders action 'cmd' Solved: is default already installed create an association in the Default Programs control panel quot I m guessing this is because cmd is the default command when it should be Open It was probably a stupid Solved: default action for file folders is 'cmd' not 'open' mistake of mine when I was trying to fix something myself and I would really appreciate some help Here s my info if you need it OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU P GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce G M Mb Solved: default action for file folders is 'cmd' not 'open' Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 86.86%

Hi everyone. .I am new here I found this site searching and see this person had the same issue
http://forums.techguy.org/virus-oth...2771-software-restriction-policy-virus-2.html

I see it was solved I just don't know what he did to solve it... whenever i click on malwarebytes to run a scan its telling me Windows cannot open this program because it has been prevented by a software restriction policy. For more information, open Event Viewer or contact your system administrator.

uhhh anyone help me?? do i have a virus on my laptop

A:Malwarebytes won't open

You don't uninstall or remove malware bytes or any program because another protection on youir computer is stopping it

Lori
is your computer at work or at home

follow advice here and post all the logs those programs make,so we can get an idea what is wrong.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malwarebytes-wont-open.1115074/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello! I'm new and a little computer illiterate so please be gentle.

I'm running Windows XP on a Dell Inspiron 6000 and noticed the other day that my computer was running amazingly slow so I decided to run a malwarebytes scan. Unfortunately it didn't launch.

I tried it in safe mode but it still didn't launch.

then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and safe mode again but no luck.

Then I surfed this forum a little and tried renaming the .exe to .com but that didn't work either.

What's my next step?

THANK YOU!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/347326/malwarebytes-wont-open/
Relevancy 86.86%

I have malware-bytes installed on my computer and it was been fixing most of the problems i have been having. Recently, it will not open when i double click on it. what should i do to fix this problem.
thanks

When you say it doesn't open, what happens? Does an error pop up or does nothing happen at all?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/263881/malwarebytes-wont-open/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi there,

I am a first time poster on the forum. I believe my laptop has been compromised. I wanted to do a scan on it so I tried to open up AVG and I got a message saying that "The program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator". I also got the same message when trying to open Malwarebytes aswell.

I would be grateful of any help please.

Thank you.

A:I cannot open AVG or Malwarebytes

Beginner484,

Hi and welcome to TSF.

Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst.

Please read NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help and post/attach the three logs mentioned. These logs will give me a place to start and give you back a better working computer. If any problems completing, continue with next log and let me know what happened in your next post.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Thanks. I can begin working on removing your malware when you submit those logs.

Please be patient with me during this time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/i-cannot-open-avg-or-malwarebytes-843130.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi All,

My dad's computer got infected about two weeks ago with the Antiviruspro2009. I would the instruction to take it out with the Malwarebytes software. It worked fine, again last night he ran into the problem, this time the Malwarebyte software won't open, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but still no success. Has the virus blocked the program from opening now?

Thanks in advance,
Jay

At first I was not able to run a Hijack report, but I went to MSCONFIG and disabled the brastk.exe in the statup and it worked. The malwarebyte however still does not.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 3:02:25 PM, on 11/15/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)
Boot mode: Normal

{Mod Edit: Removed HJT log,as it was in wrong forum and OP has posted MBAM log~~boopme}

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/180114/malwarebytes-wont-open/
Relevancy 86.43%

Control Center has possessed my home pc I found your guide and went through the instructions Heck I thought I fix the problem when I started running the scan No such luck Rkill Control Center & Links for Malwarebytes I needed to use a flash drive from my lap top to download quot Rkill Rkill & Malwarebytes Links for Control Center quot I did so however the Virus would not let me back to you site quot Link is Broken quot I figured that the Rkill didnt work Tried again Same thing Went back to lap top and tried the copies I had an idea to download the Rkill & Malwarebytes Links for Control Center MBAM program save to my desktop then I put it on my flashdrive Brilliant I downloaded from my flash drive to my pc Installed the program Performed the scan Rebooted as instructed by MBAM Nope Error code When my pc rebooted I was greeted by that annoying Control Center Malware I was able to Email the logs to myself Any Ideas I m currently rescanning Ive included the logs Any help would be greatly apprecited I ve use your site before You guys ROCKThanks in AdvanceKathyrnThis log file is located at C Rkill & Malwarebytes Links for Control Center rkill log Please post this only if requested to by the person helping you Otherwise you can close this log when you wish Ran as Owner on at Processes terminated by Rkill or while it was running C WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeRkill completed on at Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Database version Windows Service Pack Internet Explorer PMmbam-log- - - - - txtScan type Full Scan C D J Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes a -b - e-b d - eda ae Trojan Vundo - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats b eab-a - -b bb- de cca Adware MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats d db d - ec - a -bd - e e bb Adware MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats - - d b- - f a Adware MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats dc fb-e c - c-a f- c d c f Adware MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats d ed c-b b- - b b- c bbbd c Adware MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats ff -b - fc- b - e e df Adware MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Code Store Database Distribution Units d db d - ec - a -bd - e e bb Adware MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes a -b - e-b d - eda ae Trojan Vundo - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Uninstall control manager Rogue Installer - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Multimedia WMPlayer Schemes f pss Adware MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Uninstall runit Malware Trace - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE runit Malware Trace - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Values Infected HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run ccagent exe Rogue PClean - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Current... Read more

A:Rkill & Malwarebytes Links for Control Center

Hello and and Welcome to BleepingcomputerPlease note we are very busy, so if I don't hear from you within 5 days the topic will be closed, If you have since resolved your issues I would appreciate if you would let me no so I can close this topic.Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)Please download GMER from one of the following locations, and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zip MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs, as this process may crash your computer.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double click on Gmer to run it.Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.You may see a rootkit warning window, If you do, click No.Untick the following boxes on the right side of the Gmer screen.SectionsIAT/EATFilesShow AllClick on and wait for the scan to finish.If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.Push and save the logfile to your desktop.Copy and Paste the contents of that file in your next post.Then please post back here with the following: log.txt info.txt Gmer logThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/300623/rkill-malwarebytes-links-for-control-center/
Relevancy 86%

This problem is on excel 2003. This is the error that occurs and I have no idea how to correct it. I create a hyperlink in excel and then click on it and get this error:

Hyperlink unable to open. No program is registered to open this file

Anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-error-hyperlink-unable-to-open-no-program-is-registered-to-open-this-file.771690/
Relevancy 86%

I know a backend database should Open Form and on running database computer another a Timer Access an Close on open only consist of tables but I have a backend database that appends and truncates SQL tables Access Open and Close a Timer Form running on an open database on another computer in order to prioritize production orders I Access Open and Close a Timer Form running on an open database on another computer reinitiate the set of queries every minutes using a blank timer form Since this form must always be open for the timer to work I have the backend database and timer form always open on an under utilized PC Overall this setup is working well for me but there is a scenario where I would like to be able to close the timer form so that the tables are not updated every minutes Then I would like to be able to reopen the timer form I would rather not have to train my users to remote desktop to the open database to close the form and then remote desktop to open the form Is there a way to give my users the ability to close open a timer form running on an open database on a second computer nbsp

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/access-open-and-close-a-timer-form-running-on-an-open-database-on-another-computer.4065105/
Relevancy 86%

Hello guys I ve found this forum from hjackthis webpages hope someone can help me to get rid of my problem I ve been infected some times ago around days then I ve scanned my pc with avg kaspersky windows security tools or whatever it s called spybot search amp destroy and malwarebyte s antimalware softwares when I thinked that I ve got ridded of sites; open :/ inftected Opera & pages... unrequest blank only open Chrome my problem Opera open unrequest & inftected sites; Chrome open only blank pages... :/ but I have not maybe I ve removed some virues but someone are still here I think In fact when I m surfing around the web sometimes a new tab are opened that direct me to hxxp go-protect-my-system xorg pl and other site that I think are Opera open unrequest & inftected sites; Chrome open only blank pages... :/ others site with malware or whatever This happened using Opera plus Chrome does not work anymore it opens only blank pages I ve tryed to reinstall it nothing probably it s the same malware virus that infected my Opera browser I ve done the requested scans hope someone can help me sorry my english DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Kenshin at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT SP Spybot - Search and Destroy enabled Updated ED FAF- B F- B -ACA - E C DADBE Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Windows system lsm exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials MsMpEng exeC Windows system atiesrxx exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system AUDIODG EXEC Program Files Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system atieclxx exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv Opera open unrequest & inftected sites; Chrome open only blank pages... :/ exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files ASUS AsSysCtrlService AsSysCtrlService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows DAODx exeC ASUS SYS config DVMExportService exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Windows system libusbd-nt exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files Hamachi hamachi exeC Program Files MagicDisc MagicDisc exeC Program Files Senstic PocketControl SensticPocketServiceWin exeC Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXEC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exeC Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exeC Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system svchost exe -k ... Read more

A:Opera open unrequest & inftected sites; Chrome open only blank pages... :/

Hi, I've performed more scans reading aroud your forms, hoping to get rid of the problem...or to collect at least more information...I've performed the ESET online scans, I've attached the log file...Plus I've noticed in the meanwhile another site that was opened without my will in Opera, when I was searching between web: hxxp://chatplanet.com/search.phpI'll think to perform tomorrow a combofix and dr.web run...just to see watch happened...I'll post the results===========Hello While we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large as are other comparable sites that help others with malware issues. Although our MRT Team members work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who work logs when they can and are able to do so. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take DDS/HJT logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, neither of us want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it.We ask that once you have posted your log and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your thread or make further replies until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. The reason we ask this or do not respond to your requests is because that would remove you from the active queue that Techs and Staff have access to. The malware staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.That is why I have made an edit to your last post, instead of a reply. Please do not multiple post here, as that only pushes you further down the queue and causes confusion to the staff.Please note: you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.Thank you for understanding.Orange Blossom ~ forum moderator

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/307521/opera-open-unrequest-inftected-sites;-chrome-open-only-blank-pages/
Relevancy 86%

I have noticed that several programs, such as Windows Photo Viewer, Windows Media Player, Quicktime Player, and VLC Player will either not open or automatically bring up the "... is not responding." message. 

Likewise, the Quicktime, MS Silverlight, and Adobe Flashplayer plug-ins won't operate correctly during certain instances -- the first 2 more so. 

I've never come across such an issue, but first thought it was the result of faulty updates of out the many updates this thing goes through. But now, I'm convinced that is not the case.

Any and all assistance would be much appreciated.

A:Attempt to Open Programs Leads to Failure to Open or Unresponsive Message

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506428/attempt-to-open-programs-leads-to-failure-to-open-or-unresponsive-message/
Relevancy 86%

Hi,

Got a problem with Word and Excel 2007.

Both programs open ok (under 2 seconds), so no problems there.

The problem is opening the program by means of opening a document. It takes about 1 minute

Exactly the same thing with both Word and Excel.

Has anyone got a solution? Surely there must be a quick little registry tweak to sort this out?

Other info:
Outlook 2007 works ok, no delays
Windows XP works ok
No speed issues with computer
Did not previously have Office 2003
Word/Excel documents are local, computer is not on a network
Computer is free from spyware and viruses

A:Word and Excel 2007 - Programs open ok - documents take ages to open

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-and-excel-2007-programs-open-ok-documents-take-ages-to-open.650978/
Relevancy 86%

Hello,
For some reason, when I click on on Microsoft Works, I get a quick flash of it trying to open & then NOTHING!!
I have sooo many important saved documents that I really need to be able to open again...
I have gotten rid of Microsoft Money & maybe Microsoft Office as well but not sure...
Any ideas on what I can try??

A:HELP!!! Microsoft Works Word Processor will not open, unable to open ANY documents!!!

From how you describe it,it looks as if something is denying it.such as your firewall or if you are using Firefox you might not have it as allowed,these are just guesses however,take a look at this site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241165

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-microsoft-works-word-processor-will-not-open-unable-to-open-any-documents.755324/
Relevancy 86%

Hi All,

I work on a web application that has Excel and Word documents in it.

At the moment when a user opens these documents in IE9 they get presented with a dialog box asking:

What do you want to do with "filename"?

The user is presented with Open, Save and Save As as the options.

Unlike previous versions of IE there is no check box to tick to remember the user's choice so it comes up every time.

I really need to get rid to this box. Does anyone know how to disable it?

Thanks

Tom

A:How to get Excel and Word documents to open without the Open,Save,SaveAs box opening

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Click Start => My Computer => Tools => Folder Options => Click on File Types tab => In the file types list => click Excel => click Advanced => UNcheck clear the Browse in same window check box (or click to clear the Open Web documents in place check box) => Click OK

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/how-to-get-excel-and-word-documents-to-open-without-the-open-save-saveas-box-opening-566190.html
Relevancy 86%

hi guys.. im new here and having a real problem for 3 days now.. my computer somehow has a virus that won't allow me to open icons, can't open help and support at start, can't run command, can't install antivirus.. i've trued all available options like wrking on safe mode, but still the same.. pls help.. i have windows XP..

A:virus/malware blocks icons to open, can't open help and support, run command

I have replied to your topic here:

http://forums.techguy.org/malware-r...s/866088-virus-malware-blocks-icons-open.html

Please do not post the same problem twice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-malware-blocks-icons-to-open-cant-open-help-and-support-run-command.866108/
Relevancy 86%

I can t double-click folders in the Start menu to open them Rightclicking and choosing Open or Explore doesn t work either When I release the Rightclick on Open or Explore or Explore all users nothing happens Normally explorer would open up and I would have access to my start menu folders I still or by or Open open doubleclicking Start in Menu rightclick-> Cannot Explore folders get the context menu with the choices I just cannot get a response when selecting to explore a particular folder Other than that regular items in the Start menu work just fine and I can start programs as normal Other context menu commands like delete rename sort by name and properties work fine I think that there is something corrupt in the registry where the shell for the context menu or the start menu folders is kept I am not sure though I don t think this is a spyware malware or virus problem as the PC is regularly scanned with SuperAntiSpyware and Avira Antivir Resident protections that I have enabled are Avira Antivir and Comodo BOClean I am using Windows XP Pro SP automatic updates enabled this problem has happened even before I have installed SP I am using an administrator account nbsp

A:Cannot open folders in Start Menu by doubleclicking or rightclick-> Open or Explore

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-open-folders-in-start-menu-by-doubleclicking-or-rightclick-open-or-explore.724472/
Relevancy 86%

hi guys.. im new here and having a real problem for 3 days now.. my computer somehow has a virus that won't allow me to open icons, can't open help and support at start, can't run command, can't install antivirus.. i've trued all available options like wrking on safe mode, but still the same.. pls help.. i have windows XP.. my computer won't install set-ups either, so i couldn't run Hijackthis.. :-(

A:virus/malware blocks icons to open, can't open help and support, run command

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-malware-blocks-icons-to-open-cant-open-help-and-support-run-command.866088/
Relevancy 86%

I had started a thread earlier here, called "Cannot change name of New Folder. Can't add Search Provider".

Well, I reset the system to a System Restore that was quite old, and the renaming of folders problem seems to have gone away (at least for now). However, what is really bothering me is that IE11 is keeping track of every file I open on my computer, and when I click on the entry in History, it opens the file!

I have disconnected the computer from the internet, but desperately need help in terms of what to do!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie11-records-files-i-open-on-computer-history-can-open-file.1165307/
Relevancy 86%

I m having problems Rundll window at start up Error Loading C WINDOWS System spool Drivers W X DLCQtime dll This specifiec module could not be found When I double Some Pictures, Low Word Open Memory Open Rundll Error, My Can't Can't Documents, Of click on Word documents a Window Installer box opens and says preparing to install with a cancel button Then a Microsoft Office Edition box opens Installation Error File not Found A required installation file SKU CAB cound not be found It then asks if installed from a cd to insert it or if downloaded from the internet to browse your system and find it I don t have any Office cd s The cd s I have that I think are for my Word documents are Microsoft Works Suite My last year vacation pictures will not open When double-clicking on them an Adobe Photoshop Album window opens with the words failed to load photo My memory about a year ago was about half free It is now showing I have GB I tried going back and restoring my computer in hopes of being able to access my pictures I ve ran spybot That s all I knew to do I have Windows XP Home Edition tmcc

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/156025/rundll-error-cant-open-word-documents-cant-open-some-of-my-pictures-low-memory/
Relevancy 86%

This is Program Me A Link It The To File Ie7 Prompts Or Save Find With Open Open To - Won't a weird problem I've not seen before and I could use some help or someone to point me in the right direction I searched the forum with no luck I'm assuming this is an issue Ie7 Link Won't Open - Prompts Me To Save The File Or Find A Program To Open It With related only to my machine and not an IE problem - When I click on this link or one in similar format on the same page the new Ie7 Link Won't Open - Prompts Me To Save The File Or Find A Program To Open It With window will initially begin to open Then the new browser instance is redirected to another site which seems fine amp the page switches to the new address then suddenly the window disappears and the quot File Download-Security Warning quot box appears and asks if I want to Ie7 Link Won't Open - Prompts Me To Save The File Or Find A Program To Open It With save the file or find a program online to open it with Program Name browserRedirect Type Unknown File Type From ax phobos apple com edgesuite net Clicking on quot Find quot takes me to the Windows File Association web page where it says that windows does not recognize this MIME type Here's the actual link click linksynergy com fs-bin stat id DKrkLM KmGA amp offerid amp type amp subid amp tmpid amp RD PARM http A F Fphobos apple com FWebObjects FMZStore woa Fwa FviewAlbum Fi D id D s D partnerId D If I need to register a file type I don't where to start I scrolled through all the file types in My Computer and honestly I'm at a loss as to what to do Could this be related to some corrupted mime file or something I'm running Windows XP SP Home with the security settings on their default settings for the most part but I had even temporarily switched everything to the lowest settings for troubleshooting purposes and also ran IE with no add-ons but still no luck Also switched the quot open pages based on content quot to enable BTW the link works fine on another machine offsite running XP Pro with IE and also a third running WINME with IE Ran Spybot with nothing found We use Kerio personal firewall and AVG antivirus I stopped all programs on two occasions for troubleshooting too but no change Any ideas Help would be GREATLY appreciated Mary

A:Ie7 Link Won't Open - Prompts Me To Save The File Or Find A Program To Open It With

First try this :Download and scan with SUPERAntiSypware Free for Home Users * Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation. * An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program. * If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Udates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.) * When done, select "Scan for Harmful Software". * There are three scanning options. Choose "Perform Complete Scan" and click "Next". * When done, a Scan Summary will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK". * Make sure they all have a checkmark next to them and click "Next". * A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu. * Click Preferences and then click the statistics/logs tab. * Click the dated log and press View log. A text file will appear so you can see the results. * Select close to exit the program. * Scan in SAFE MODEIf that does't work please run Online Microsft test (IE required) to rle further issues.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/82210/ie7-link-wont-open-prompts-me-to-save-the-file-or-find-a-program-to-open-it-with/
Relevancy 86%

I d attempted to install XP Service Pack via Windows Update An error message occurred halfway through can t remember the exact message at the moment and the installation failed The Open Command Other Open .exes Than Unable To Folders, And Prompt Through Shortcuts Run computer was fine after this and I continued to work on it until I shut it down The next day I booted up to find that all my Unable To Open Folders, Run .exes And Open Shortcuts Other Than Through Command Prompt desktop and quick launch shortcuts and desktop files had lost their icons All shortcuts now have the extention lnk Nothing happens when I double click on any of files This is also the case in the Start menu where all program shortcuts don t work and neither does Settings - gt Control Panel I also cannot open any folders on my desktop including My Computer I managed to open up the command prompt through Task Manager and I ve been able to navigate to programs and execute them from there so I know the programs still work This is the only way I ve been able to get online and run programs to try to solve this I can also open Windows Explorer via command prompt and navigate through folders that way Things I ve tried I d created a System Restore point before attempting the Service Pack installation Ran System Restore through command prompt in the hope of restoring back to that point but there are no restore points available Ran an AVG scan Found nothing untoward Ran HijackThis Not an expert by any means on this but it didn t appear to show anything alarming My hours of searching online led me to Doug Knox s site specifically the file association fixes I downloaded and attempted a couple of the registry fixes however each attempt resulted in the following error Cannot import C xp exe fix reg Not all data was successfully written to the registry Some keys are open by the system or other processes I ve made sure I ve had adminstrator rights when I ve tried this plus tried it in Safe Mode I ve kind of being going around in circles since

A:Unable To Open Folders, Run .exes And Open Shortcuts Other Than Through Command Prompt

Might as well try[post="RRT (Remove Restrictions Tool) 1.0 - http://www.majorgeeks.com/RRT_Remove_Restr...Tool_d5635.html "]Remove Restrictions Tool[/post]Really, you may need to do several scans for malware. The items that you cite are typical symptoms of some malware problems which I've read about.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/154780/unable-to-open-folders-run-exes-and-open-shortcuts-other-than-through-command-prompt/
Relevancy 86%

Hi Superrobot here Here's the issue the facts are these I am using a Windows OS on a year old laptop One day while reading webcomics and watching youtube I noticed the computer running suspiciously slow like more slow then it should I attempted to reset thinking perhaps I just used and allow Virus open or run. to not will Malwarebytes too much memory but even after I turned the computer back on it was chugging Knowing the drill having heard Virus will not allow Malwarebytes to open and or run. horror stories of the like from friends and family I quickly shut down the internet connection and attempted to run Malwarebytes It refused to open It would start and then the program would linger as if about to open and have a windows error After that I tried just about nearly every Virus will not allow Malwarebytes to open and or run. tool on this website I am pretty smart but nothing I tried worked I would use another laptop I own to browse your forums download tools to a USB drive try them on infected laptop over and over and over It's been two weeks now and I am at my wit's end I have zero idea what I am even up against Just that it will not allow me to install new anti-virus software and that OTHER non malwarebytes programs that deal with just spyware malware don't seem to notice anything wrong making believe it is something specially that Malwarebytes looks for that others don't which is why that is the one that will not open at all So to be clear It will not allow Malwarebytes to run It will not allow new anti-virus programs to install And spy and malware programs seem to find nothing And yes I have indeed attempted to install and or run anti viruses and malwarebytes in safe mode and it's the same deal In fact safe mode is ALSO running slowly To further add to this yes I have tried Malwarebytes chameleon but it doesn't work either I did find a lovefreegames com thing in my program files that I cannot get rid of but I seriously doubt it is the entire issue but rather just a symptom I greatly look forward to your advice and I hope I described the problem well enough in detail to get help Superrobot

A:Virus will not allow Malwarebytes to open and or run.

Edit: Sorry I missed the part you tried chameleon. There is an option you can try. Kaspersky Rescue Disk. Connect the computer via Ethernet so the definitions can be updated. You can burn the downloaded iso to a CD or use Rufus to create a bootable USB flash drive.

http://support.kaspersky.com/us/viruses/rescuedisk

How to use Kaspersky Rescue Disk

The other option is to post in the Virus Removal Forum where a malware removal expert can look at the logs you post after reading the pinned topics.

Edit Edit: My recommendation is to post in the Virus Removal Forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627050/virus-will-not-allow-malwarebytes-to-open-and-or-run/
Relevancy 86%

Hi,

My name is Aidan. My problem is not a major one since I haven't really had any major problems that I can think of but I am pretty sure I have picked up some spyware since I can no longer open either Ad-aware or Malwarebytes. The Ad-Aware folder says (empty) on the start menu but it is there on the uninstall programs menu.

I am running Windows 7 and I also have AVG installed which has thus far discovered nothing leading me to believe that it might be spyware rather than a virus.

Thanks.

A:Can't open Ad-Aware or Malwarebytes

Hello - First step, Please try to delete Ad-aware program. If you can not uninstall it, then Reinstall and try to unstall again.Use the Control Panel > Programs and Features to find if the program is listed -Please try to use Malwarebytes Chameleon to scan your computer.The full directions are included in this link above from Malwarebytes Help Section. Try these 2 options first - Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486631/cant-open-ad-aware-or-malwarebytes/
Relevancy 86%

Hi Superrobot here Here's the issue the facts are these I am using a Windows OS on a year old laptop One day while reading webcomics and watching youtube I noticed the computer running suspiciously slow like more slow then it should to run. Malwarebytes open will not or and allow Virus I attempted to reset thinking perhaps I just used too much memory but even after I turned the computer back on it was chugging Knowing the drill having heard horror stories of the like from friends and family I quickly shut down the internet connection and attempted to run Malwarebytes It refused to open It would start and then the program would linger as if about to open and have a windows error After that I tried just about nearly every tool on this website I am pretty smart but nothing I tried worked I would use another laptop I own to browse Virus will not allow Malwarebytes to open and or run. your forums download tools to a USB Virus will not allow Malwarebytes to open and or run. drive try them on infected laptop over and over and over It's been two weeks now and I am at my wit's end I have zero idea what I am even up against Just that it will not allow me to install new anti-virus software and that OTHER non malwarebytes programs that deal with just spyware malware don't seem to notice anything wrong making believe it is something specially that Malwarebytes looks for that others don't which is why that is the one that will not open at all So to be clear It will not allow Malwarebytes to run It will not allow new anti-virus programs to install And spy and malware programs seem to find nothing And yes I have indeed attempted to install and or run anti viruses and malwarebytes in safe mode and it's the same deal In fact safe mode is ALSO running slowly To further add to this yes I have tried Malwarebytes chameleon but it doesn't work either I did find a lovefreegames com thing in my program files that I cannot get rid of but I seriously doubt it is the entire issue but rather just a symptom I greatly look forward to your advice and I hope I described the problem well enough in detail to get help Sidenote at the time a week ago I was not aware of the strict rules and procedures of the website involving combofix and have indeed run it but it does not seem to be negatively effecting anything Superrobot

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627107/virus-will-not-allow-malwarebytes-to-open-and-or-run/
Relevancy 86%

Hi all,

I'm new here, but I've used various tips and tutorials from here and other forums on the internet to solve my malware/virus issues usually successfully.

This time, however, I'm stumped.

It seems I've been infected by PC AntiSpyware 2010 and Windows Antivirus Pro. I tried following both of their respective removal guides, but Malwarebytes is not working for me. When I re-install and change the file name of mbam.exe, it would scan for 4 seconds before closing. When I click on the file again it gives me a message "Windows cannot access specified device path or file..."

I just don't know what to now. And so I'm at the mercy of your expertise with this. I have Windows XP btw.

Many thanks.

A:Infected and Can't Open Malwarebytes

Hey guys, I've scoured the forums for some solutions while I wait for someone to help me, but it seems like nothing is helping.

What's worse is that my computer is somehow unable to boot in Safe Mode. The computer would just get stuck and I would have to force shut down the computer to get it to boot again.

Anyone have any ideas what I should do? Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/252135/infected-and-cant-open-malwarebytes/
Relevancy 86%

Firefox won't open, Internet Explorer opens but doesn't connect and Malwarebytes won't open. I've run Avira, but it didn't find any virus.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/461711/firefox-ie-and-malwarebytes-wont-open/
Relevancy 86%

picked up some malware it disabled taskmanager and regedit tho i got them back but still lots of problems and cant scan malwarebytes or or wont open malwarebytes run superantispyware thankshjt logLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on malwarebytes wont open or run Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC WINDOWS system PSIService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System alg exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC PROGRA Nokia NOKIAP LAUNCH EXEC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC PROGRA COMMON PCSuite Services SERVIC EXEC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files AOL waol exeC Program Files AOL shellmon exeC Program Files Common Files AOL aoltpspd exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC WINDOWS Regedit exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Program Files iTunes iTunes exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceHelper exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin distnoted exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www errorsafe com pages scanner ind p ex amp ed R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllF - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system pavuppad exe O - BHO MS extension - C EFE -C F- b - CC -BA CA A - xagkf dll file missing O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B E dllO - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dllO - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar amp Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - HKLM Run DSLAGENTEXE C Program Files BT Voyager ADSL Modem dslagent exeO - HKLM Run AOLDialer C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exeO - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run CorelDRAW Graphics Suite b C Program Files Corel Corel Graphics Languages EN Programs Registration exe title quot CorelDRAW Graphics Suite quot date serial dr wel- -nkm lang ENO - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startupO - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -startO - HKLM Run AppleSync... Read more

A:malwarebytes wont open or run

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226334/malwarebytes-wont-open-or-run/
Relevancy 86%

Last night I got infected with something I immediately tried to run Malwarebytes but it would not open Task Manager showed that mbam exe would run for a second and then disappear from Processes When that would not work I tried to Google search in Firefox for help but the top responses would redirect to Youtube videos or other spam sites The first page that I could get to work told me to rename the process to run Malwarebytes which I did and got the program to run After running the program deleting the found infections and restarting my computer would not connect to the wifi automatically which it usually does I ran Malwarebytes again and it found nothing Usually won't help Can't for open, Malwarebytes search at this point everything is fine but Malwarebytes won't open, Can't search for help this time a when I tried to change the executable file s name back to mbam exe it still will not run and b I still cannot get forums on websites like cnet Please please please if anyone has anything that could help me it would be greatly appreciated

A:Malwarebytes won't open, Can't search for help

These are the logs from the two Malwarebytes scans
Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.182,85.255.112.119 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{1d673667-5405-4d07-b29e-b5925d6f01b7}\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.182 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{3ca4a3cc-cd2e-4cf3-9198-c0870397a415}\DhcpNameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.182,85.255.112.119 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{3ca4a3cc-cd2e-4cf3-9198-c0870397a415}\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.182 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.182,85.255.112.119 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{1d673667-5405-4d07-b29e-b5925d6f01b7}\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.182 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{3ca4a3cc-cd2e-4cf3-9198-c0870397a415}\DhcpNameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.182,85.255.112.119 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{3ca4a3cc-cd2e-4cf3-9198-c0870397a415}\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.182 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.182,85.255.112.119 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{1d673667-5405-4d07-b29e-b5925d6f01b7}\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.182 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{3ca4a3cc-cd2e-4cf3-9198-c0870397a415}\DhcpNameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.182,85.255.112.119 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{3ca4a3cc-cd2e-4cf3-9198-c0870397a415}\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.182 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Files Infected:
c:\WINDOWS\Tasks\{5B57CF47-0BFA-43c6-ACF9-3B3653DCADBA}.job (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

and
Files Infected:
c:\documents and settings\Jenny\local settings\Temp\server.exe (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/232790/malwarebytes-wont-open-cant-search-for-help/
Relevancy 86%

Hi I will try to provide as many details as possible I am using Windows XP on a Dell Malwarebytes Infected After Open Won't getting Latitude D with Google Chrome browser Browsing the internet I stumbled upon filestube com Malwarebytes Won't Open After getting Infected and this is when my trouble started I started getting pop up bubbles from my system tray from quot XP Antispyware quot saying my computer is at risk etc Then soon after I was getting full pop ups for this quot XP antispyware quot I can x out of them but they do reappear quite frequently I immediately tried to run Malwarebytes anti-malware that is installed but hasn t been updated in a few months because I always forget to check for updates It started a full scan and detected items It had me restart my computer Once is restarted a window came up saying some of the items could not be deleted I tried opening Malwarebytes again but it will not run anymore I tried running it from the command prompt but the file mbam exe is no where to be found in the Malwarebytes Anti Malware folder Mbam is there as an quot application quot and double clicking on it does nothing I realize a troubleshooting idea is to rename the mbam exe file but I can t locate it to rename On a side note at one point the spyware seemed to freeze itself up when I x ed out of it one time and got the following quot vz exe is not responding quot end now which i did and then the window do you want to tell MS about the problem came up which I x ed out of However the spyware appeared to restart itself So my next thought was to do a system restore I navigated to it and it says there are currently no restore points available I also can t click to a different month on the calendar in that window Next I tried to reboot into safe mode I get a black screen with a bunch of DOS looking prompts files come up and the pages scrolls down and then crashes to the blue screen So I can t get into safe mode I didn t realize I had McAfee Virus Scan Console on my computer but I do and was able to run a scan and it detected trojans in a JAVA folder which it said it deleted However I am still getting the same pop ups I originally did so nothing seems to have been fixed When I restart my computer If I click on Malwarebytes RIGHT AWAY it will start to load but then also the spyware loads and the screen flashes quickly and Malwarebytes closes and will not open At this point I decided to seek help through forums and I came across this website and combofix I clicked on the link to Download it through this forum and when I do I ONLY get the option to RUN or CANCEL I can t quot save as quot which is what I am suppose to do so I can save it to the desktop I don t really know what or how to use combofix but I figure that was the route to take However I can t get it to run on my computer even when I click on RUN I located the vz exe on the task manager and end process then try to open Malwarebytes which doesn t open and I watch vz exe reappear in the task manager This is where I am at this point Spyware bubbles and pop ups appear every - min I can x out of them I can still use my browser I have heard of installing virus protection to a flash drive and then trying to run it from there but I am not familiar with how to do that Any help would be appreciated I did my best to include as much information as I can

A:Malwarebytes Won't Open After getting Infected

after looking around some more about the vz.exe virus i was able to get the Malwarebtyes to work after installing a fix.reg file to my desktop
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 5174

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180

11/23/2010 1:52:40 AM
mbam-log-2010-11-23 (01-52-40).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 141557
Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 46 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 1
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 20
Registry Values Infected: 8
Registry Data Items Infected: 4
Folders Infected: 18
Files Infected: 72

Memory Processes Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\Shawn\Local Settings\Application Data\vz.exe (Rogue.MultipleAV.Gen) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{819ffe20-35c7-4925-8cda-4e0e2db94302} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{819ffe21-35c7-4925-8cda-4e0e2db94302} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{819ffe22-35c7-4925-8cda-4e0e2db94302} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{799391d3-eb86-4bac-9bd3-cbfea58a0e15} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{d858dafc-9573-4811-b323-7011a3aa7e61} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mywebsearch.multiplebutton (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mywebsearch.multiplebutton.1 (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mywebsearch.urlalertbutton (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mywebsearch.urlalertbutton.1 (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MyWebSearch (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FocusInteractive (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fun Web Products (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FunWebProducts (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\RunDll32Policy\f3ScrCtr.dll (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer\Schemes\f3pss (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\MyWebSearch.OutlookAddin (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\MyWebSearch.OutlookAddin (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyWebSearch bar Uninstall (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MyWebSearch (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MyWebSearchService (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\shell\open\command\(default) (Hijack.ExeFile) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sezfile\shell\open\command\(default) (Rogue.MultipleAV) -> Quarantined and deleted successfull... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/362469/malwarebytes-wont-open-after-getting-infected/
Relevancy 86%

I have gotten a virus and can not get ny malwarebytes to open and scan. How do i get rid of this?
I tried to download KasperSky, but get a message saying sys admin has set limits wont download

A:I have a virus and cant open Malwarebytes

Hello,I am moving this from XP to Am I Infected as you are.Some types of malware will disable MBAM (MalwareBytes) and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it.Before saving any of your security programs, rename them first. For example, before you save Malwarebytes', rename it to something like MBblah.exe and then click on Save and save it to your desktop. Same thing after you install it. Before running it, rename the main executable file first***Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file and change the .exe extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files, right-click on mbam.exe and change the .exe as noted above. Then double-click on it to run..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/256941/i-have-a-virus-and-cant-open-malwarebytes/
Relevancy 86%

I have a Dell Vostro running on Windows XP Home version Around June Unable to Open Malwarebytes I added an external hard drive which I speculate caused my computer to take around half an hour to boot up--this is important because due Unable to Open Malwarebytes to this problem I can no longer access safe mode I have tried many a time I have BitDefender and Symantec Endpoint Protection antivirus programs Up until the past few malware episodes my Malwarebytes program has been handling the issues wonderfully However a couple weeks ago the program started running this error message quot Unable to execute file C Program Files Malwarebyes' Anti-Malware mbam exeCreateProcess failed code The system cannot find the file specified quot Naturally I googled this exact phrase and encountered other people with the same issues However after reading through many solution sites none of them worked Furthermore I tried downloading a Microsoft update that would scan for malware but it too would not initiate I also renamed the installation files So far I am plagued by two malware programs Security Tool and Antivirus System Pro the first of which I can end the process in task manager and delete the files after each boot up but the second of which I can't seem to locate and have been blindly ending processes in task manager until it temporarily goes away Both of these programs cause BitDefender and SEP to not run properly and in the most recent extreme case did not let me execute any programs outside of my various folders not even task manager would load Today I was forced to shut down my computer by pulling the plug I have just rebooted it and quickly took care of Security Tool again and right now my computer is running fine but I want to remove these programs for good Below is the HijackThis log Hopefully someone can figure out either how to get Malwarebytes up and running or remove the sources of the malware because God knows I can't make any sense of this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Update Service livesrv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Smc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bradford Networks Persistent Agent bndaemon exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Seagate SeagateManager Sync FreeAgentService exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeC WINDOWS system KADxMain exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard OrderReminder OrderReminder exeC Program Files Seagate SeagateManager FreeAgent Status StxMenuMgr exeC WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Bradford Networks Persistent Agent bncsaui exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exeC Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Document... Read more

A:Unable to Open Malwarebytes

Hi,To run malwarebytes when you get the error code 2 during install, or mbam.exe gets deleted, please see here:http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=29028Once malwarebytes opens, click the "Update" tab, click "Check for Updates" in order to download the updates.Then run the scan, let mbam quarantine/delete what it found and reboot afterwards.After reboot, post the malwarebytes log together with a new HijackThislog.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/267258/unable-to-open-malwarebytes/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello On my main switchboard I have a button that will open a form with a record supplied by an input box Private Sub Command Click Dim action second open time but will gives 2501: cancelled. once, error Form OpenForm Msg As String Dim Title As String Dim Answer As String Msg quot Enter NCIR Number XX-XXXX quot Title quot OPEN NCIR quot Answer InputBox Msg Title If Answer lt gt quot quot Then DoCmd OpenForm quot TabbedForm quot quot NCIR quot amp Answer amp quot quot Me Visible False Else Cancel True End If End Sub This works fine the first time If I just close the form and open another one it works fine The problem is this Once the form is open there is another button to print the form When clicked this button opens a report Once the report closes you return to the main switchboard If you try to open a form again the same one or any other record the runtime error OpenForm cancelled Form will open once, but second time gives error 2501: OpenForm action cancelled. pops up and refers to the DoCmd line in Form will open once, but second time gives error 2501: OpenForm action cancelled. the above code if you choose debug If you choose end you are able to open the form again as you d expect I do not believe this problem has always been occuring I recently changed the form and deleted some fields from the underlying table I have noticed this problem since then Any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/form-will-open-once-but-second-time-gives-error-2501-openform-action-cancelled.1050895/
Relevancy 85.57%

Foremost Let me thank you in advance for any assistance you may provide What you're about to read may be a mouthful however I am doing as I was instructed to do in being to Program :C Doesnt Double a Local Drive Choose file open on Click, to Prompts Open very specific and detailed This is in response to Thread NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help http www techsupportforum com f lp- html My Issue As of th July weekend my system has been operating quirky and buggy In my troubles I've installed Avast Anitvirus Now around that time one day I can recall returning to my computer and it had shutdown on its own although my system remains Local :C Drive Doesnt Open on Double Click, Prompts to Choose a Program to open file on idle the majority of the week by the way Upon turning on the Local :C Drive Doesnt Open on Double Click, Prompts to Choose a Program to open file computer and booted up I got a notification window stating that Windows had been updated and restarted turned off At that point when attempting to open a program by clicking on any of my icons on the desktop the computer would quirk and reboot After several attempts eventually it resulted in a continuous reboot window would repeatedly restart If I can remember correctly in the process I got some prompts then eventually a dreaded blue screen perhaps something about windows couldnt find or load a file i think it had a dll extension Well in conclusion thats when I decided to perform some tech procedures check boot sequence BIOS the usual troubleshooting Threw in the Windows XP for a Install repair After having done the XP repair option it seemed to have made progress beacause I could see windows beginning to load and Avast Antivirus doing its Pre Boot Scan it took a long time to scan While it scanned I could see a multitude of infections or files that displayed trojan so I opted to delete all Finally windows was back to loading normal again The next couple of days Avast would detect trojans as my PC continued to stabilize Any sign of detection from Avast I choose to Delete To sum things up My computer is stable now and running what appears to be normal However now encountering this issue with my C drive not opening when I double click on it or F any quot Harddisk quot of that matter I have to right click on it and select Explore to open the drive window What happens upon double clicking is I get the window prompt saying to quot Choose the program you want to use to open this file quot with the list of programs same as you would get when trying to open an unrecognized file for which you dont have a software program for Now there seems to be some bugginess tied into this because when I highlight a program to choose the check box that that gives you the option to quot Always use the selected program to open this kind of file quot is disabled not cannot be checked turned on I attempted to assign it the explorer program in which it opens located in windows system folder quot explorer exe quot but as I just stated I can't check the box This brings me to how I discovered your forum Upon a google I found the Thread SOLVED Drive C won't open http www techsupportforum com f en- html I followed the instruction there although encountering another quirk where as I wasn't able to use the quot show hidden files amp folders quot option which then forced me to look into that issue Within minutes THANK GOD I found a REAL knowledgeable tech who stepped in to this thread Non TSF and got straight to the point instead of lilly gagging and asking questions to the person who was asking the question to begin with Pardon me I'm just venting for a second some techs just beat around the bush and can drag a thread on for days by just asking elementary questions instead of posting solutions You'll see what I mean if you look at the post Thread Non TSF quot Show hidden files and folders quot option in Windows XP has no effect http techrepublic com com - sageID After all of ... Read more

A:Local :C Drive Doesnt Open on Double Click, Prompts to Choose a Program to open file

Hello and welcome to TSF.

I Apologize for the late response.

If you still require assistance, we would like to see the latest state of your system. So, please post a fresh DDS log and a new GMER log as described in this topic. In your reply, I would also like to know any symptoms you may still have and how your computer is running at the moment.

---

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don?t hear from you in three-five days this thread will be closed.

With Regards,
Extremeboy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/local-c-drive-doesnt-open-on-double-click-prompts-to-choose-a-program-to-open-file-398683.html
Relevancy 85.57%

UC Berkeley student and I'm supposed to be writing my thesis which is due soon tomorrow actually but am instead entirely inconvenienced by all the computer virus issues I'm running into I need a solution SOON I downloaded Avast while in Google open. loading Docs popups, slow help! Redirects, won't Please Office log HJT using incl. Mozilla. Open Safe Mode and then had it run prior to restarting my laptop in regular mode Google Redirects, popups, slow loading using Mozilla. Open Office Docs won't open. Please help! HJT log incl. and that seemed to solve the bulk of my issues I've tried everything including various scanners like Avast Win Patrol SpyDoc ComboFixer GoRedFix and more but many don't catch whatever it is and others that do detect it just can't seem to get rid of it I had a huge mess of problems and I think they are solved except for these -Google searches are redirected unless I quot ctrl quot click cashe several times at once In that case usually one of the pages will be a proper page instead of a scam search site or a random junk site -OpenOffice docs aren't opening They did right after I first ran Avast but not any more -This virus somehow crept over to my boyfriend's computer He hadn't downloaded any programs all month but yesterday his Google searches began being redirected too and his computer exhibits everything I mentioned in problem but not All of this started for me a weeks and days ago My professor said I needed to submit my thesis in Word which I don't have and haven't needed throughout all of my time at UC Berkeley and really won't really need again after I graduate A classmate showed me that he got his MS Word from isohunt Beginning of the end I stupidly decided I'd try the same So here I am As if wrapping up my thesis wasn't stressful enough all of this is truly blowing my mind right now Please help me solve this so I can get back to my thesis and graduate next month HJT Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Dell Dell Mobile Broadband systray exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BINC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BINC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BINC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatroluac exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeO - Hosts localhost lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt I think maybe this is the problem O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - HKLM Run systray ... Read more

A:Google Redirects, popups, slow loading using Mozilla. Open Office Docs won't open. Please help! HJT log incl.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. You can find information on A/V control HEREOrange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/223299/google-redirects-popups-slow-loading-using-mozilla-open-office-docs-wont-open-please-help-hjt-log-incl/
Relevancy 85.57%

I am using Windows XP.

When i double clicking on any of my hard disk drive C:, D:, then "Open with window" opens automatically and it ask to which programe you want to open this file..However, I can type in the explorer bar (where we type website addresses) like C: or D: drive, then it opens.. When I right click on the hard disk drive, some funny character shows in the menu.

It all happened after i install AVG 7.5 and update virus definition.

Kindly help me what happens to my computer and how to solve it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-drive-cannot-open-show-open-with-window.711920/
Relevancy 85.57%

I just separated from my wife, left my develoment machine behind, and have my laptop which the kids used. It now will not open several programs, including users in the control panel, google chrome, and others, when I click on links, most of the time it goes to different windows, I have ran malwarebytes, azerias, registry mechanic, and even went to reinstall windows at the i362 file, but it isn't there to reinstall from, (I don't have a cd player on this), I have 4 websites to get finished by monday, or I won't have money to pay for a place to live, and it is cold outside! Please help! I am attaching the files you had asked someone else to include with your dds I think it was called.Jerry

A:Can't open Adobe, firefox redirecting, programs wont open...

Oh PS, the main problem I started with is I cannot use any of my Adobe software (dreamweavcer, flash, fireworks, photoshop,cs4) this may be where it all started.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/291520/cant-open-adobe-firefox-redirecting-programs-wont-open/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi first of all my english isnt enough so soryy about this.

My normal internet doesnt work ı open internet with chrome and I opened gmer but in the middle always stop and mouse very very slowy moving also ı opened hijackthis in the middle also stopped.Could you help me?

A:cant open ınternet page.cant work gmer,cant open hi jack this

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.
===

Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

IMPORTANT....

1. Close any open browsers.

2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.

How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html

Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt
Note:
Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall

Note: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html

Note: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.
===

Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause infiltration of an infection.

Please run this security check for my review.

Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
===

Search and delete the AdWare, PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) installed on your computer.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.

Close all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click on Delete tab follow the prompts.
A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.
Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.
You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt (n is a number).

Please post the logs for my review.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484308/cant-open-internet-pagecant-work-gmercant-open-hi-jack-this/
Relevancy 85.57%

I'm not exactly sure with open I can Mode Windows open only in stuff Vista Safe anything... can't what I downloaded but all that i think i have downloaded in the past week are PDF docs Windows Vista can't open anything... I only can open stuff in Safe Mode and videos from hdvideo when the problem started to happen From there I could only surf on Safe Windows Vista can't open anything... I only can open stuff in Safe Mode Mode with networking whereas when I start windows vista normally things do not open when I attempt to do so Moreover it takes forever when i press Ctrl Alt Dlt but there it says the system quot failed to start security options quot and from there it's an eerie black screen with the start logo on the bottom left that cannot be clicked The only method I could get the computer to restart was to manually switch it off and on I recently used Malwarebytes but it did not detect anything Additional details about my laptop Intel Core Duo Processor P GHz Windows vista home premium Memory GB Hard Disk drive gb Any help or advice is greatly appreciated I really need printing back lt

A:Windows Vista can't open anything... I only can open stuff in Safe Mode

Did you try System restore to go back to a date prior to this happening?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-cant-open-anything-i-only-can-open-stuff-in-safe-mode-629965.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi

Win7 Ultimate

I hope I can explain this clearly.

When I go to an Open or Save dialog box in any application and I click on any folder any where in Windows outside of the application, the Save as... or Open dialog for that application switches to that folder, which is great feature because it quickly enables me to change the location in those dialogs. It's not currently working.

My question is, where is the setting the enables or disables that functionality.

Thank you for any help

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397037-win7-open-save-dialogs-open-currently-activated-folder.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes will just websites about my mozilla with open someone & My random taking 50 keeps computer open over C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe My mozilla will just open with about 50 random websites open & someone keeps taking over my computer C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMYPRT EXE C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Internet Services iCloudServices exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpWareSE exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Nikon Monitor NkMonitor exe C Program Files MagicDisc MagicDisc exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Users Scott Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bing com pc Z amp form ZGAPHP R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search My mozilla will just open with about 50 random websites open & someone keeps taking over my computer CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO no name - D -D - -BAB -AB A - no file O - BHO Face Plugin - CC F - A B- D D- E - BC - C Program Files Web Essentials PageTheme dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - Toolbar no name - D -D - -BAB -AB A - no file O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run AzMixerSel C Program Files Realtek InstallShield AzMixerSel exe O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe -s O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run CanonMyPrinter C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe logon O - HKLM Run CanonSolutionMenu C Program Files Canon SolutionMenu CNSLMAIN exe logon O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run ArcSoft Connection Service C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe O - HKLM Run Nikon Transfer Monitor C Program Files Common Files Nikon Monitor NkMonitor exe O - HKLM Run SSBkgdUpdate quot C Program Files Common Files Scansoft Shared SSBkgdUpdate SSBkgdupdate exe quot -Embedding -boot O - HKLM Run OpwareSE quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe quot O - HKLM Run WrtMon exe C Windows system spool drivers w x WrtMon exe O - HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files C... Read more

A:My mozilla will just open with about 50 random websites open & someone keeps taking over my computer

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Please take note:If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information.If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Then proceed to run aswMbr.exe as noted below.Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logNote:If you are unable to run a Gmer scan due the fact you are running a 64bit machine please run the following tool and post its log.Please download aswMBR ( 511KB ) to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run itClick the Scan button to start the scanOn completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438478/my-mozilla-will-just-open-with-about-50-random-websites-open-someone-keeps-taking-over-my-computer/
Relevancy 85.57%

WOw. Weird problem going on here. I have no idea what may have caused this, but anyway, basically what is happening here is that now whenever I double click a music file from my "my music" folder nothing happens. It goes to the little hourglass thingy like its thinking for a split second and then nothing happens. The file won't open.

So this was pissing me off. I have no idea why I can't open my music files in a simple manner any longer.

The other thing is that they will open fine if WMP (my default player) is already open. If WMP is just sitting there in the background and I double click an audio file it opens without a problem, but if nothing is open and I double click on an MP3 it does nothing.

What's Going On Here???

A:Music Files No Longer Open With Double Click Unless WMP Is Already Open

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-files-no-longer-open-with-double-click-unless-wmp-is-already-open.302739/
Relevancy 85.57%

Good morning,

I just did a Clean install of my Windows 10 Home last night after it developed several corrupt files that I couldn't repair. I previously had Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Plus on my computer but I somehow think that could have something to do with my corrupted files (not letting me utilize Windows Update successfully).

My question: Does the free 'Open Office' program have a program I could utilize to open Power Point Presentations that I had saved on an External Hard Drive? If so, it would keep me from installing Office 2013 again.

When I had Office installed I only used it for the Word Program and to open Power Point programs.

Any ideas?

Thanks and regards,
2harts4ever

A:Does 'Open Office' have a program to open Power Point presentations?

This might answer your question better.

Apache OpenOffice Impress

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/67555-does-open-office-have-program-open-power-point-presentations.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi:
XP/Outlook Express

Recently, Outlook Express opening up VERY slow, even worse, it does NOT open up at all. However, if I close and restart XP all over again, OE opens up as usual, not slow. This happens so often that it's very frustrating and puzzling me so much.

My question is;
Is there a way to open OE in normal speed?
Or, 'Is there something wrong with PC/xp?

Your help is much appreciated.
Thanks,

A:[SOLVED] Outlook Express: VERY slow to open or, worse, does NOT open up at all

Don't use OE myself but on a search, came across this Inside Outlook Express - Errors, Bugs and Problems - Error Messages and this OLEXP: Outlook Express Stops Responding or Does Not Start which may help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-outlook-express-very-slow-to-open-or-worse-does-not-open-up-at-all-634987.html