Windows Support Forum

Flash drive space lost

Q: Flash drive space lost

I have just got a 16GB PNY flash drive 2 days ago so i could attempt to create a boot drive on it. I doubted i had set it up right so i wanted to start over. I formatted the drive, and now half of the space is missing. I am using Windows 7 so i tried using the Disk Management tool to try to find out what happened. In Disk Management I saw that the missing space still exists as unallocated space. I then tried to delete the partition so i could re-allocate all the space as one partition, but the delete option was grayed out. so now i have no idea how to get my space back.

So my question is how can I get my flash drive back to having 16gb of space on it?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Flash drive space lost

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Flash drive space lost

Gparted, Included with most Linux distros (I personally use Puppy Linux)

EASEUS Partition Master for Windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flash-drive-space-lost.159657/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi My friend recently gave her thumb drive to me and asked me to try and figure out how to fix it It s a gb thumb drive gb it reality and it worked fine However a few days ago most of it s files disappeared with only about four remaining the funny thing was according to cmd explorer and even foldersizes that s a program from keymetric the drive has Mb worth USB Lost Drive on 2.0 space Disk Flash of used space even if the four remaining files were only about Kb each mht files Now at first the simplest solution was that the original files that disappeared were simply hidden this was not the case The files simply aren t there or are hidden by some arcane way that I can t Lost space on USB 2.0 Flash Disk Drive fathom for example that old win trick of renaming via bat file your folders with ASCII Lost space on USB 2.0 Flash Disk Drive characters that make Windows unable to access them We are not discounting the fact that it was a virus that caused all this grief in fact i m pretty sure some form of malware caused it there was one that was detected by my Kaspersky the instant I plugged in the thumbdrive However we were hoping to avoid a REFORMAT since we were hoping to salvage those missing files they were pretty important We keep hoping that the missing MB are actually the missing files though my friend can t give me a definite answer as to whether the actually files that disappeared were MB in size Lost space on USB 2.0 Flash Disk Drive Any helpful comments Thanks nbsp

A:Lost space on USB 2.0 Flash Disk Drive

700 MB of its capacity is propbaly gone bad by some means. There are quite a lot of programs for file recovery out there. Hope it isn't totally unaccessible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-space-on-usb-2-0-flash-disk-drive.734303/
Relevancy 70.09%

hi there . i got a usb flash that has 32-gig capacity . somehow 20 gig of my data vanished but those data still take my free space . my question is that is there any data remain in my flash or not . how can i restore them? (sorry for english problem in writng)

A:usb flash free space lost

Maybe your files got hidden,
go to "folder options" from any folder by pressing alt + t + o or alt then going to tools -> options. Then click on the second tab "view" and under "hidden files and folders" in advanced settings, select "show hidden files, folders, and drives" and click ok.

If your files appear select them and go to properties and unselect "Hidden".

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/289455-usb-flash-free-space-lost.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a WD Red 2.0 TB drive (1.8 TB formatted) and have been watching it fill up (%used) for some time now. I have lost 1 TB to "unknown" according to WinDirStat. VSS is NOT RUNNING, which I read about in the tutorial here: System Protection - Turn On or Off.

So, what could be eating this space and how do I recover it?

FYI - the usual litany - No viruses; Disk Cleanup was run; Drive diagnostics pass; Chkdsk, defrag, etc. all OK.
Also, the thing I use the drive for is to maintain program libraries. I perform a lot of temporary folder copies and delete old copies. The recycle bin is empty. Have no idea why this space is lost.

A:Lost space on external drive - Lost 1TB of 2TB drive

I've always found WinDirStat results a bit cryptic.

Maybe you can get a more sensible result with a similar free application:

TreeSize Free - Quickly Scan Directory Sizes and Find Space Hogs

The usual suspects are hibernation file, System Restore points, page file, malware/virus, or some program doing something you don't expect it to do. For instance, we recently had a case here where someone was using a cloud backup program that was mis-configured and putting the backups on local drives, rather than in the cloud.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/356568-lost-space-external-drive-lost-1tb-2tb-drive.html
Relevancy 62.78%

OK, so I have a 256MB flash drive. I've been using it for over a year already. Suddenly, I noticed that I cant use the drive's full capacity. After trying to write to more than 50+MB of files, that flash drive automatically goes to write protect mode. I have to replugin the drive and format it so that I can use it again, BUT I still cant write past 50+MB. It seems that its capacity decreased from 256MB to 50MB.

Anyone knows how I can fix this? Thanks

A:Flash Drive Shrinked Space

Sounds to me like the memory chip in it is faulty

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flash-drive-shrinked-space.93917/
Relevancy 62.78%

The drive has a 7.45 GB capacity and says it has 1.80 GB free. When I select all the folders in it there total size is 51.5 MB on disk (yes I remembered to show hidden files). I use to get the error that the disk is not working correctly and I clicked "fix and scan for bad sectors" and it did so and came back with no errors. It use to be used for ReadyBoost but I disabled that and I can't figure where all the space went

A:Missing space on USB flash drive

I'm not sure exactly what "Fix and scan for bad sectors" would do to a USB Flash drive since it's my understanding that it's a tool for mechanical hard disks only. If you haven't already I'd backup your data off of the USB flash drive and attempt a format of the memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/missing-space-on-usb-flash-drive.169485/
Relevancy 62.78%

Does 5 - 10% of storage space on a USB flash drive need to remain free, as it does on a hard drive?

Relevancy 62.78%

I drive RAW space used 7.22GB USB pen flash have an GB USB pen or flashdrive that had gone USB flash pen drive RAW 7.22GB used space RAW GB RAW Healthy Primary Partition according to Disk Management Console Recovered all data with TestDisk by cgsecurity Tried to recovered partition using MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition a free partition manager designed by MT Solution Ltd That failed I think I added more problem to it than solving it USB flash pen drive RAW 7.22GB used space Using diskpart DISKPART gt list disk Disk Status Size Free Dyn Gpt -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- --- Disk Online GB B Disk No Media B B Disk Online MB B DISKPART gt select disk Disk USB flash pen drive RAW 7.22GB used space is now the selected disk DISKPART gt detail disk Kingston DataTraveler USB Device Disk ID Type USB Status Online Path Target LUN ID Location Path UNAVAILABLE Current Read-only State No Read-only No Boot Disk No Pagefile Disk No Hibernation File Disk No Crashdump Disk No Clustered Disk No Volume Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info ---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- -------- Volume E RAW Removable MB Healthy DISKPART gt list disk Disk Status Size Free Dyn Gpt -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- --- Disk Online GB B Disk No Media B B Disk Online MB B DISKPART gt select disk Disk is now the selected disk DISKPART gt create partition primary No usable free extent could be found It may be that there is insufficient free space to create a partition at the specified size and offset Specify different size and offset values or don't specify either to create the maximum sized partition It may be that the disk is partitioned using the MBR disk partitioning format and the disk contains either primary partitions no more partitions may be created or primary partitions and one extended partition only logical drives may be created Tried deleting volume DISKPART gt select Volume Volume is now the selected volume DISKPART gt delete volume DISKPART successfully deleted the volume as shown in Partition or Volume - Delete Volume is still there Any advice is deeply appreciated Thank you

A:USB flash pen drive RAW 7.22GB used space

Please post a screenshot of Windows Disk Management with only your USB flash drive connected.

Most probably it will show as "Unallocated"

In that case format that volume and assign a drive letter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/364887-usb-flash-pen-drive-raw-7-22gb-used-space.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I recently tried to download a game by RUN instead of SAVE, when the download was finished I pressed RUN, but I waited for a while and nothing happend no startup, nothing. so I restarted my computer and now the 1+GB or HDD that the program took is now taking my HDD space and I can't find it so that I can delete\end the program and get the HDD space back!

How can I find that process if its hidden *I already checked Task Manager, but couldn't find the program* or How can I find this group of files so that I can delete it *It is NOT in the windows/Temp (folder)*

PLEASE HELP.

A:Lost hard drive space!! PLEASE HELP!!!

You can try this: Temp File Cleaner

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330296/lost-hard-drive-space-please-help/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a 550cpu with 20gb hdd. I lost 18gb, fdisk would only recognize 2gb. I had updated norton antivirus with internet firewall but it must have been a virus unless there was hdd failure. How can I tell? Can I recover? How large hdd can my system handle? Meanwhile I bought a new system from Wal Mart. Thanks for any help. charog

Relevancy 62.35%

During a routine check of Hard Drive space, I was surprised to see I was using 60GB

However, I set explorer to display everything, selected it all, and got 40GB.

I've uploaded a picture of it.

I can't explain it. Where in the world did 20GB of space just... vanish?

A:[SOLVED] Lost space in C: drive

Hi and Welcome to the Tech Support Forum - Vista!

I would suggest that you use TreeSize to look deeper into your system for answers. It will provide you with a detailed folder-by-folder analysis of the space used by the hard drive. You can download it HERE.

By far, the largest difference that you will see will be in the \users\ folder. This folder contains files that Vista does not allow you to see, regardless of the level of your admin account. Excluded \users\ folders by Vista include the subfolders \Default, \Public and \appdata.

Here is a screen shot of the system that I am currently on to show the difference between that which Windows repots and TreeSize:

THUMBNAIL

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-lost-space-in-c-drive-232246.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello everybody. I hope I can keep this post as non-confusing as possible, but the other day when I was going through my drives, I saw like 2.5 gigs free on my D drive, which has all my music and programs.

Today, I come to my machine after installing nothing and I see 35mb free space...and that very annoying "Low Disk Space" bubble in WinXP.

Does anyone have any ideas what could've happened?

Thanks

-Mark

Relevancy 62.35%

Help!
I suddenly appear to have lost a big chunk of my HD. It seems to have happened since I began edit my Hi8 video form AVi in Ulead Studio 7.
I have a 60GB HD and realising that AVi files are very large, have only been downloading in stages of around 6GB, then editing and converting to MPEG2. I then remove the AVi files before doing the next batch.
My HD generally has around 10GB in use which goes up to around 15 to 20GB with my AVi files, on checking my system today I only have 16GB of space free, yet my Video folder is only holding 6GB's!
Where has approx 28GB of space gone?
Any help or advice on how I check this will be much appreciated.
Many thanks
Chris

Relevancy 62.35%

I installed a new hard drive 40GB.
After install I used Partition magic to create 3 partitions.
Using Fdisk I see that I now only have 32015 Megabits total.
Where did 7985 Megs go.

Win98Se
40Gb hard drive
256 Memory
Hp Pavilion Machine

Relevancy 62.35%

I have a computer that someone ran fdisk and then formatted. The 10 G hard drive now reads 503 mb. We ran the fdisk and reformatted and still have the same thing. Any ideas as to what has caused this???

A:Lost Hard Drive Space

Check in the machine's BIOS setup if the disk mode is set to NORMAL, it should be in LBA. Another reason is that if your PC is an old machine, u would have to use anyway the Ontrack Disk manager to allow full capacity recognition...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-hard-drive-space.83913/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello,I have a 40 gb western digital HD that came out of my old computer and I did a format on it and use it for an external drive.I checked the space available and there is only 492 mb available on the disk.I don't know if the jumpers would have anything to do with it but they are set on master.The disk is completly empty. Thanks for any help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-hard-drive-space.632532/
Relevancy 62.35%

Okay this has been going on for a while and I'm getting sick of it Since a couple months ago roughly July of last year I've been losing disk space on my C drive even when I haven't downloaded a single byte or installed any programs Though this might sound crazy I've looked for viruses like a detective in hopes that it's what's causing this But I don't have a virus and I'm down to GB out of lost? Space Drive Hard a GB HDD I'm going crazy because since then I've had a GB average of anything on that drive and I had a couple games Hard Drive Space lost? and programs on there even with that in there In weeks I've Hard Drive Space lost? been losing at least GB Please help me I've tried -Deleting every restore point shadow copy except the most recent -Overlooked the winsxs folder it's only GB I can live with that -Downloaded TreeSize found that a folder called Files taking up MB should I delete this file The owner is called 'TrustedInstaller' according to TreeSize Thanks so much for any reply -Ryuzaki

A:Hard Drive Space lost?

hey man, i no you said u deleted all the restore points, but if you go to "backup and restore center" and go to "create a restore point or change settings" if u still have a hard drive checked thats where your losing your space. i had that issue on my laptop and i was deleting the the backups but was still losing about 500mbs a day. after i unchecked it everything was back to awsome.

hope that helped in some way

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/208832-hard-drive-space-lost.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have had my USB flash drive for almost an year now. I use it mostly to store my PDF files on, and I have deleted many files and reformatted the disk a few times as well. The flash drive was originally 4 GB, but now when I check the size on Properties, I have a 960 mb flash drive... Any suggestions as to how I can retrieve my missing storage space? Is it even retrievable?

A:USB flash drive storage space disappearing act

Hello, bobboolee, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, check the file system, it should be formatted as FAT and not FAT32 or NTFS (if it even lets you choose that). It could just be that it's had its day and the memory has partially failed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-flash-drive-storage-space-disappearing-act.92984/
Relevancy 61.92%

Please, MY E: hard drive pie is blue and full need help solving this. Thanks.

A:lOST HARD DRIVE SPACE (e:) IS FULL NEED HELP XPS 410

Let me google that for you

Im assuming this is a joke , if not that link will help you anyway

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/239362-lost-hard-drive-space-e-full-need-help-xps-410-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi, I have reformatted my laptop which is a hp compaq 6715b. Before i done this i had 250g of space, since doing this i only have 127g of space. Any ideas where its gone and how to get it back? Thanks

Relevancy 61.92%

Ok so basically I was playing an older game, which when i was quiting, ended up freezing and crashing...I had to manually turn off my computer. I turned the computer back on saw that I had gone from having 279gb of free space to only 267gb! I've tried to defrag with Defraggler, cleaned about 17gb worth, but still nothing to add to my HDD. I checked my disk cleaner Ccleaner and it said that I only needed to clean 8.67mb? how is that possible, I just defraged the computer, I should have plenty to clean up.

How should I go about recovering that space that I lost in the crash, and how exactly do crashes cause this to happen?

Shadow Storage :

0gb used storage
0gb allocated storage
1gb maximum size

A:PC Crash = Lost Hard Drive Space!!! HELP!!!

I'd try running the chkdsk /r command on the boot/system partition.You may get a bunch of chkdsk files which may need further effort.Recover CHK FilesLouis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323125/pc-crash-lost-hard-drive-space-help/
Relevancy 61.92%

A few days ago I had about - GB of free space on my hard drive C Today I only have GB of free space The only thing I remember doing was installing a few programs because one of my programs stopped working suddenly so I needed an alternative program The alternatives didn't work either so I uninstalled them But now I still am left with about GB of lost space that I don't know what happened to I feel like I don't have lots of programs installed onto my computer or any large files and the ones I do have are not big few about drive of space 10 lost a in I days. GB hard So I feel like I should have more free space available and I feel like something bad or unnecessary is taking up space on my computer So I'm hoping someone here can help me free up some space or find what could be taking up this space on my computer I ran a Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan and it found nothing I also ran CCleaner and it didn't free up much space I have Windows Home Premium My computer is a ASUS Notebook K F K F Series laptop Hopefully somebody can help me thank you

A:I lost about 10 GB of hard drive space in a few days.

Hello, possibly a rootkit infection, we should get a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.Let me know if all went well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565341/i-lost-about-10-gb-of-hard-drive-space-in-a-few-days/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 / 320 gig hard drive. I installed in older computer and only recognized 131 gigs of space. On the advice of a friend I went ahead and formatted that partition with the thought that after I installed Windows 2000 I would reclaim the lost the entire hard drive. WRONG! Now no matter what I do it only sees that 131 gig. The rest is gone. I have even installed the hard drive on a friends computer who is running Vista and it only sees the 131 gig. Is there anyway I can recover this hard drive?

A:Help! Reclaim lost Hard drive space

Once it is formated you have two choices. You can use a utility such as Partition Magic or Acronis Disk Director to stretch the partition. Or partition and format the unused space as D and E partitions.

Another option is to do a fresh install, this time using a Windows 2000with SP3 or higher CD (supports large drives).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-reclaim-lost-hard-drive-space.587867/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey guys I have my laptop partitioned into drives One for system and drive hard space Solved: Lost one for everything else On my system drive i have Gb and the D drive is ish I have started to get the quot Low resources quot message on the C drive I have looked around everywhere for the gb s and it gone Vanished into thin air I navigate to C users and check the properties it says there is gigs being used Inside there users kcameron - thats me - it says used gigs When i check through all of the libary folders inside i cannot find more Solved: Lost hard drive space then a few megs of stuff so gigs is being used but i cannot find it anyone have any ideas or tools i could use to check this out Its to the point where i cannot open many things Solved: Lost hard drive space without the system getting angry I could always re-format but other then this problem everything else is find thanks nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hey guys
So I bought a windows 7 netbook a few months ago, and within the first couple of weeks it caught a big virus and almost nothing in the computer was working anymore. So I panicked and since this was the only computer I had, I downloaded a copy of linux, put it on a bootable USB and installed Linux over windows 7. Then eventually I made another bootable USB for windows 7, and I put it in and it only showed one hard disk where it was possible to install windows, and it was the C drive with only 97 gigs of memory (the computer actually has 250 gigs). So I installed windows over linux and now Im wondering where is the rest of my hard drive? Is there any way to get it back?

Thanks

A:Hard Drive space disappeared/lost

before you install windows on the choosing your hard drive to install to, from there you can choose to create partitions, delete them, or format entire volumes.
Your best bet is to format the entire drive this way and do a fresh install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/200541-hard-drive-space-disappeared-lost.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello, I recently just noticed the max capacity of my hard drive had reduced by about 30GB. It went from a max capacity of 160GB to 127GB. I recently installed Windows Vista Ultimate x64 from Windows XP Professional x32. At first I didn't notice this, but after I installed a few games I realized my free space was much lower than it should have been. On XP I'm almost positive it always said I had 150+ GB. This is a self built machine, so there was no manufacturer software on it. There is no visible partition. Any help would be appreciated.

Will

Relevancy 61.49%

I had to do a 'low level format' for my PNY 64 GB flash drive, it was write protected and I tried everything I could find to fix it
(regedit, diskpart, format) and I ran across that and I decided to try it. Well my 64 gb flash drive decided to work again after that but it seems only on the conditions that it is now 30.4 GB. At first I just thought the rest of the space was unallocated. Nope, after booting linux it wasn't showing any unallocated space.

So my question is, am I screwed or is there something I can do to fix this?

Thanks!

Edit: I used the program RecoverTool_V2.00.28_L0920.exe for the 'low level format'

Relevancy 61.06%

I had my system setup as dual boot with separate drives while making a change over from win home premium to widows ultimate After i got everything set up the way i wanted it in win ultimate I figured I would delete the home premium easus up, drive space cloned lost hdd with all back and clone the drive with easus utility this way i could have just one drive and one OS When I cloned the drive with my new OS on it to my GB hdd that I had just formatted but not partitioned I lost all the space on the GB empty drive the drive property says that it is a MB drive now and that it's full but when i click on that drive it says this folder is empty also the OS is running on a GB drive and will not start windows unless the GB drive is present with the GB drive by it cloned hdd with easus back up, lost all drive space self will not boot either What Did I do wrong How can i get the cloned hdd with easus back up, lost all drive space OS ultimate to run on its own drive again How do i get back the space on my GB drive And how can i move my New OS to the Main C drive any input would help shed some light I can usually figure these types cloned hdd with easus back up, lost all drive space of things out but there seems to be something i am not grasping here thanks for listening

A:cloned hdd with easus back up, lost all drive space

Post a picture of Windows Disk Management with both drives connected so we can see what is happening.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/220823-cloned-hdd-easus-back-up-lost-all-drive-space.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I was steered toward this stire from techsupportforum com The re-installation happened I found out later I didn t have to after someone installed Linux in my system for a project we re working on don t ask long story The addition of Linux slowed down my drive space??? WXP lost half hard - Reinstalled my whole computer and I am pretty certain I uninstalled Linux I no longer have the WXP or Linux option when Reinstalled WXP - lost half my hard drive space??? I first turn on my PC After re-installing XP from my Reinstalled WXP - lost half my hard drive space??? D drive there is less than a gig of space left The person helping me at techsupport forum suggested I download Tree Size and report back to him the results which are the following n C I have GB being used GB Documents amp Settings GB Windows GB Program Files GB Recycler if this means the recycle bin it s currently empty GB Files GB HP many other files below are all listed as GB If I m only taking using GB and my hard drive capacity is GB why do I only have MB of free space left We ve tired to open up the System Volume root folder in my C drive but access is always denied with everything we ve tried so far very frustrating Can anyone help

A:Reinstalled WXP - lost half my hard drive space???

It sounds like the Linux partition is still there.

When you installed XP did you reformat and install. A good possibility the Linux partition was not seen and therefore still intact.

In disk manager, how does the hard drive show up?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255186/reinstalled-wxp-lost-half-my-hard-drive-space/
Relevancy 61.06%

I rebuilt my PC with XP. All has gone well with the exception that I seem to of lost loads of hard drive space somewhere. I have lost about 90 gig. I think the loss is related to the partitioning. If there a way of getting it back without rebuilding the PC again?

Any support will be much appreciated.

A:Rebuilt PC and lost loads of hard drive space!

Hi Terry and welcome to TSF.
Could you say how big your disc is and what partitions are on it and how big each partition is?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/rebuilt-pc-and-lost-loads-of-hard-drive-space-235060.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Can someone help me please. the other day my computer crashed and i had no choice but to reformat the hard drive and start from scratch. I installed everything fine but...... I have a 20Gb hard drive installed, but I have windows ME, and it says that it is only 1.99Gb, please help me because i have lost a hell of a lot of space.
Cheers.

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I posted the other week and was told that i had a Ramnit virus and it was best to reinstall windows so i did A friend of mine said that i should first use XP as that would format my drive then upgrade to Windows not sure if that was correct drive re hard install space redirects lost still and after but he knows still redirects after re install and lost hard drive space a bit so i did When i tried to install XP it showed drived quot c quot and quot d quot both as mb can't remember exact figure so i formated quot c quot leaving quot d quot as it was My quot d quot drive only had saved data on it and no programmes Later i realised that it had not shown all my drive as i have gb drives and it only showed gb on each I installed XP then used my windows to upgrade When i checked My Computer it showed drived both gb I went on to the control panel and to disk management where i could clearly see the missing part of my quot c quot drive and activated it so i now have another drive quot k quot which is gb and i formated the drive which is showing as blank On the disk management page though the list at the top shows my quot d quot drive which it now calls quot e quot as being gb but the bit below shows quot e quot as gb NTFS healthy and active primary partition Also the problem that i had with the redirect virus still seems to be there When i search on google it first takes me to another page which i then close and on the second click to the link it takes me to the page i wanted to go to I also get ramdom blank pages opening up to google-analytics amongst others I ran the tests and the results are posted below but i can not post anything from GMR as after running it it said quot GMR hasn't found any system modification quot I might have not explained things too well and if you need any further info please ask But thanks for taking the time to look anyway I have tried to attach the other files that are asked for but everytime i click the file management button i get redirected to google-analytics DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Run by hacman at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsva exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgemca exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files x Kodak AiO Center ekdiscovery exe C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Windows System spool drivers x EKIJ MUI exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil k ActiveX exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Program Files x AVG... Read more

A:still redirects after re install and lost hard drive space

Hi,

If still having redirect issues please follow the steps below.
Download OTL to your desktop.
Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
Copy-paste following contents into custom scan -area:
netsvcs
drivers32
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
CREATERESTOREPOINT
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\Results\Install|LastSuccessTime /rs
Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply. You may need two posts to fit them all in.

Let me also know if you're using a router (what brand & model).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/still-redirects-after-re-install-and-lost-hard-drive-space-525572.html
Relevancy 61.06%

how do i get it back? my total disk space in c is 37.28 gb. i had 80% free space in c before i did a clean reinstall as my hubby messed up something. im now down to 69% free space. what happened to it? the computer is working fine and i know windows xp home sp2 uses a lot of space but this is a puzzle to me. any suggestions welcomed. ive cleaned the disk and defragged but it didnt give me back much free space. i thought a clean reinstall is supposed to wipe everything out and put you back to brand new.

Relevancy 61.06%

I used the system restore on my computer, but since I didn't have any restore points it went back to its original state.
Afterward I noticed that my hard drive lost a whole bunch of space. Is there a way to recover that space?

A:Lost space on hard drive after system restore

I never use Restore, however, I would imagine the lost space is the original system backed up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-space-on-hard-drive-after-system-restore-284420.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Yesterday I had 40 GB of free space and today I have 7 GB. I was hoping no one was using my system to store things, or if this might just be a reporting error. I physically can't see any extra files.

Maxtor n256 80GB

I was deleting files from the drive and also deleted a movie that was 6+GB so having 7 GB of free space doesn't make sense
The content of the drive is pictures some movies, a few program files, and some word documents.
I emptied the trash on my Dell. I analyzed the drive and the defagmentor says I only have 7 GB of free space.

Is there a program that will account for the files and sizes of the files on my drive?

I have Dell dimension 8400, running XP 2002, service pac3

Thanks for any advice
Dan

A:external hard drive lost free space

Hi SMACK599

Can you download this program. It will show you exactly what files are taking up the most amount of space on your computer. It's called WinDirStat and once you have run the program, it will start detailing your pc. Let it do it's thing and when finished it should show you what is taking up space and where. Simply hover your mouse over the colours at the bottom of the window to see what the file is and where it is. If you see one that looks very large, click on it and it will be highlighted for you at the top.
Let us know if this helps.
Which defrag program are you using?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/external-hard-drive-lost-free-space-561404.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Recently i've lost a usb 2.0 flash drive that had some important files that i intelligently forgot to back up. I've looked everywhere for the drive and i see no hopes of finding it, so is there any way to look into a computer's memory i have used the drive on and someone recover the files? This is my first post here, so i apoligize if there is already a thread or i am in the wrong spot. Thank you for your help =]

A:Lost Flash Drive

you can try some file recovery programs, but good luck. A flash drive is static RAM, and once it gets corrupted, it is VERY difficult if not impossible to recover the data. NEVER store data you cannot afford to lose on a flash drive without having a backup. If the file table got corrupted and you haven't overwritten the files, you may be able to recover your data.

If your flash drive isn't being recognized, read the FAQs. Unfortunately, your data is probably lost.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-flash-drive.63698/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello, 

I have just restored my laptop to factory default, and I am preparing to make a back up image on a flash drive. I know it varies from machine to machine, but will an 8gb flash be good enough?

I imagine the flash drive should be wiped clean, and only the image stored on it correct? How do I go about doing this? 

Thank you

A:Creating back up Image, flash drive space needed?

Yes, on a factory default machine a 8GB should be fine. Unfortunately, as you said it varies per machine so only creating one will provide a definitive answer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500056/creating-back-up-image-flash-drive-space-needed/
Relevancy 60.63%

This was supposed to be a clean install (by a tech who supposedly makes his living this way), yet there are files from 2002 still on this computer when I had it built. This is what bothers me. This is a 20 gig hard drive and when I defrag, I find it only has 22% free space. I do download movies but delete them after viewing and I have a minimum of programs installed. So where is the other 14.99Gig space at? I don't download music and basically I do not know what could possibly be taking up this much space.I do use CCleaner every day but not the registry function. Any tips or help would be welcome.

A:[SOLVED] Recent XP re-install-lost hard drive space

First go to Add Remove Programs and Uninstall any programs and software you no longer need or use. Move any pictures, documents and music to a USB Flash Drive you want to keep, and delete those you don't. Then download CCleaner. Analyze your drive and delete the temp files it finds.
Go to Start/Run and type diskmgmt.msc and hit enter. In the Disk Management software see if there is an Unallocated space on your the Drive that has the C: partition on it. If you have Unallocated space on the same line, then use a 3rd party partition utility like Easus Partitioning Master to extend your C: partition into the unallocated space to increase the C: drive. Be sure to backup all data first.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-recent-xp-re-install-lost-hard-drive-space-541116.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Ok Reinstall/Fdisk/partition/lost space hard drive Folks I sure hope you can help me out with this as it is very frustrating for me This is what happend Our windows files were messed up so we decided to do a full system recovery starting with reformating our hard drive I read up on it and decided the best way to do this wast to Reinstall/Fdisk/partition/lost hard drive space use a win start up disk and do a format C so we did We have a gig hard drive and we noticed after installing XP that it showed us only having a gig hard drive Now i realize that if you partition a hard drive with fdisk and answer no when it asks if you want to enable large disk support it makes your partiton a fat which only enables you to use gigs of hd space so i choose to answer yes well when i go to create a primary dos partition the maximum amount of space available is gigs it wont allow me to change it to the gigs that are supposed to be available Ive tried installing xp on the gigs available thinking that somewhere along the way it would recalculate my drive space and fix the problem but it doesnt So ive reformated like times used fdisk to partiton and delete partitions and tried everything i can think of What am i doing wrong I mean is there a way to have dos recalculate the amount of space on my hard drive There has to be IT seems that the computer is stuck thinking i only have gigs and needs to erace this from memory and recalculate the amount of space available I also Reinstall/Fdisk/partition/lost hard drive space went into the setup by pressing f and chose to set default settings also it recognizes the hard drive as being gigs but for some reason nothing else does Even when i am in the windows xp installer and have options of creating or deleting partitions it only shows gigs available this is very frustrating please help Any help is appriciated Thanks nbsp

A:Reinstall/Fdisk/partition/lost hard drive space

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstall-fdisk-partition-lost-hard-drive-space.121826/
Relevancy 60.63%

So I tried installing Lineage 2 this afternoon and then I after entering in the login screen the game would crash. So I tried to uninstall, and then reinstall. The problem was that I lost about 1-2 gigs of hard drive space, so I deleted some excess videos I had on my hard drive leading me to have around 3.0gbs. So even though that was kind of odd, I try playing again, and the same problem occurs. So again I uninstall and reinstall, and now I have 780megs free. So I am understandably confused and angry! Help me, I need my lost hard drive space back!

A:help! uninstalling my Lineage 2 leads to lost hard drive space

oh yea and if it helps, I checked my hard drive space (it is 70.9gbs worth of capacity as it says on the pie chart) against my C drive by selecting all my files and folders in that c drive, including the hidden ones, and doing the properties thing to see how much space it is taking up, it says 65.7, so that's a good 4-5gigs of space that I have no clue went. and yes I emptied the recycle bin =)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-uninstalling-my-lineage-2-leads-to-lost-hard-drive-space-201370.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello all First of all I am a newbie Second I am not very knowledgeable about computers so please forgive me if this question issue seems stupid Hoping someone can help me I used a utilities program called Glary Utilities From time to time I use the File Shredder to Wipe the free space of my hard drive For the last couple of years I using space Glary Hard drive Utilites disk Lost have not had an issue and it increases Lost Hard disk drive space using Glary Utilites my free space on my drive Until a few days ago the File Shredder Wipe free space funtion would automatically shut down my computer about of the way thru the wipe down process When I restarted my computer I had lost over gigs of free space and do not know how to recover it I tried to perform a system restore but that did not help Did I Lost Hard disk drive space using Glary Utilites destroy my laptop Is there anyway to get the free space back Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Lost Hard disk drive space using Glary Utilites

hi, first let me say i do not like programs like Glary Utilities,registry repair tools ,as they tend to cause more problems than fix .
my suggestion are what i use , windows defrag tool ,and TFC Temp Cleaner ,get that here , http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/187-tfc-temp-file-cleaner-by-oldtimer/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/363408/lost-hard-disk-drive-space-using-glary-utilites/
Relevancy 60.63%

Two questions one post The first I have a dell digital Hard drive and screen problem blue a space Lost jukebox mp player that allows for storage of data or music I tried to copy a mb file from the mp player onto my hard drive I had a little over mb of space left on my hard drive a total storage capacity of GB It said i had run out of space So i deleted some files move some things around and i had GB of space free for this transfer i tried again and this time Lost Hard drive space and a blue screen problem again the message i got was not enough space on drive c So i cancelled out and checked to see what i had on my hard drive mb free So i have lost hard drive space and not gain a file So i investigated and found that i have GB of data on c documents settings user but once i get into user i have folders none of which display nearly that much data They are favorites start menu cookies desktop my documents and a file named ntuser the ntuser file is mb and my desktop has or so mb on it So my question is how can i get back this lost hd space its a very strange issue Blue screen Im on xp pro sp i use adaware registry mechanic and im generally tidy with my windows note reinstalling windows did not solve this I never used to have this issue but lately when i go to open or close certain programs i jump to blue screen it references trixdp dll i think it was and then quot begin physical dump of memory quot i must reboot at this point I use VLC media player and exiting this program mandates a blue screen Just now i exited mozilla browser and this was the first time i got blue screen from this program Thanks anyone nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

I lost a flash drive yesterday with very important files on it. I had it plugged into my computer Monday though, and so the file name of the file I really need is still in 'recent items' on the start menu and also in the list at the top of MS Word. My question is, is there any way to get this file opened up without the flash drive since it's still in recent items? Computers record everything you ever look at somewhere, right? Is there some way I can harness this power to retrieve a file? Any help is much appreciated.

A:getting files off of lost flash drive

Recent Items in Windows Explorer = shortcuts

Recent Documents in Word are similar and need the file source to open. Try it and see.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/getting-files-off-of-lost-flash-drive-523176.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I have a SanDisk Cruzer Micro GB flash drive I plugged it into my vista laptop and up popped a sandisk your u software can be updated for vista button on the taskbar So I foolishly without backing up the lost! flash Data FAT32 Reformatted Please >> drive help!!!!!! drive clicked on the OK button was directed to the Sandisk update website http u sandisk com download lp installer asp Edit PLEASE DON T CLICK ON THIS MIGHT REFORMAT YOUR DRIVE TOO After clicking on this the Sandisk program that ran proceeded to reformat the flash drive and wiping all data Reformatted FAT32 flash drive >> Data lost! Please help!!!!!! from it - although it DID say that it would back up the data beforehand After backing up the data it then tried to reformat - and came Reformatted FAT32 flash drive >> Data lost! Please help!!!!!! up with the windows format box I then clicked ok and format but whilst formatting the sandisk program said the drive could not be formatted but to try running the installer again I did this after the first windows format had completed but ran a quick format this time The sandisk program said that there was a kb backup file - which it tries to put on and then tries unsuccessfully to reformat the flash drive So now the drive has been formatted twice the backup non-existant and Get Data Back FAT isn t working Please help Many thanks for reading this rather long post Ghost nbsp

A:Reformatted FAT32 flash drive >> Data lost! Please help!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reformatted-fat32-flash-drive-data-lost-please-help.705671/
Relevancy 58.48%

I lost the icon on my system tray that I have used to click on when I want to remove my flash drive. The flash is in there now with the light on and I am concerned about removing it. The icon looked a little like a one sided horseshoe with a bit of green color in it.

If not thta one can you please tell me how to remove the flash safely? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 58.48%

hi
i plug in my usb my mse detect virus and del or hide my data. i clean my usb now no more virus but can't show my data when i scan my usb it show in scaning but dont show in my usb
pls help my data is very important

thanks

A:Serious problem: Flash Drive (USB) lost data but show in scanning

could try: open the anti spyware you used -goto something like virus vault-see if in there -will be an option to recover (avg,avast all have this so your data may be there but not where it was before)

http://www.filehippo.com/download_recuva/download/538dee0c339f04561301a77744a5fc60/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-problem-flash-drive-usb-lost-data-but-show-in-scanning.1033826/
Relevancy 57.19%

Am I the only one to notice and complain over this in W8.1.

This morning a new Adobe Flash update has appeared, KB3079777. The update is sized at 17.9mb. Nothing is running on the PC, its idle and with no disk activity. Free space is 55.4GB. I apply the update and free space immediately falls to 54.9gb. This behaviour is consistent with every such patch applied. Now over time, that space will return which suggests that something else is going on here. But what ?

A:Free disk space & space used by a single Flash Update.

Looks like it is just me then. Today brought a 4.6Mb W8.1>W10 computability update. My free space changed from 55.2Gb to 54.7Gb.

Sounds about right. Ho hum....

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68704-free-disk-space-space-used-single-flash-update.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a system and internal hard drives The drvies are GB GB and GB but my system only recognizes GB GB and GB respectively Tha tis about a loss of space for each drive gigs lost in total That s a lot of hard on space hard of drive ALL 7% lost drives... space None of the drives are partitioned and it s not and HP or other like system It s a custom built PC I only have an OS WINXP installed on my C drive the GB drive No matter how I connect these drives on-borad IDE or IDE controller card my 7% of hard drive space lost on ALL hard drives... system will not recognize the full space of any hard 7% of hard drive space lost on ALL hard drives... drive I install on my system The is slave to the and the is on an ATA controller card Promise Technologies all by itself All are Western Digital The is a special edition and I recommend you stay away from WD special edition HDs I have had to swap it for a refurb times in years This is the first time I have installed it on a newer computer though so I hope it does not break like it did on my old ancient system times My old system was and AMD Duron with M RAM but I digress So is there a way to get back this gigs of missing HD space or is this just the way it is with WINXP Thanks in advance BTW my MB is an ASUS P P SE with a Cerleron D MHz in case any of that matters nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi

My laptop has 2x 7,200RMP ~320 GB hardrives. Previously I was using Vista and all partitions were devided equally (~150 GB) . After I've installed Win7 on C, part. D (which also has recovery files) suddenly became 13 GB,whilst other ones stayed the same.
So my question is where did the other 135 GB go ?

Thx in advance

A:HDD free space lost in Space....

Try posting a screen shot of disk mgmt so we can give a more accurate answer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/137547-hdd-free-space-lost-space.html
Relevancy 52.46%

In my PC Windows Professional - Bit Operatins System - Service Pack installed whenever I plug in Flash Drive the system creates short cut for all the folders in the Flash Drive The folders and its contents are safe But I am unable to Safely Dismount the Flash Drive and the Flash Cut Safe Dismount Folders Creates Flash Drive Short to - - for Unable Drive system on choosing Eject the Drive will display quot This device is currently in use Close any programs or windows that might be using the device and Flash Drive - Creates Short Cut for Folders - Unable to Safe Dismount Flash Drive then try again quot message If I go through My Computer - Right Click on Flash Drive and then Eject the system shows the following message quot F is Currently in Use Save any Open Files on this disc and then close the files or programs using the files before trying again If you choose to continue the files will be closed which might cause data to be lost Cancel Try Again Continue quot If we choose Continue system displays quot Safe to Remove Hardware quot WHY THIS IS HAPPENING I am having a laptop with same OS and there when I plug in the flash drive it does not create any short cut and no such problems Both the systems are having Symantec Endpoint Protection version and are upto date on Virus Siglature update nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flash-drive-creates-short-cut-for-folders-unable-to-safe-dismount-flash-drive.1088128/
Relevancy 51.17%

I recently purchased a 32 GB San Disk Flash Drive. The security files pre-installed on the drive were junk, and I could not delete them so I formatted the drive to remove them. This cleaned the disk, and it holds data, but I'm not sure if this is part of my problem. I am trying to load my copy of windows 7 onto this disk, and using the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool, I can select my ISO file, but when I go to select my USB drive, my computer does not recognize the flash drive as a flash drive. Is there a way to change the Flash Drive so Windows will recognize my Flash Drive as removable media? Smaller USB drives still work on my computer, so its not the computer. Anyone have any suggestions?

A:Removable Flash Drive Recognized as a Local Disk and not a Flash Drive

Hello masonta. Welcome to the forum.

Let's start with this: can you post a screenshot of your Disk Management window, expanded so we can read everything, with the USB stick installed?

You also might check in Device Manager to see if the stick shows up as a USB device, or a hard disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/326267-removable-flash-drive-recognized-local-disk-not-flash-drive.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I'd like to run a batch file to check hard drive space on an XP computer, and if there is enough space available, then run some commands to create a directory to copy the files from remote server.
Details:

Read a text file with all the server ips
Run as service account
Verify that there is enough space on C:
Create a Install directory on remote server
Then copy the file from my computer remote server.

Can anybody please help me!!!

A:batch file to check hard drive space on an XP computer, and if there is enough space

I found this code on "SpiceWorks.com'.

I have not tested. I have not test (just to be clear). It's set up to determine % of free space (on a text file listing of servers) but could be modified to do what you want.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/batch-file-to-check-hard-drive-space-on-an-xp-computer-and-if-there-is-enough-space.1151394/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have an HP Envy notebook My notebook has hard drive slots It of info up out how Running hard space. Need much to drive on clear space. needed came with GB HDD's I decided to re vamp my laptop when I got it new I put in a GB SSD as my main drive Desiganted as the C Drive I didnt have money for anything larger and I had my mind set on having a fast SSD Running out of hard drive space. Need info on how to clear up much needed space. instead of a normal HDD I also put in a GB Hard drive as the secondary drive Its my E Drive I also put in GB of Random Access memory It came with GB I then Installed Windows Ultimate to Running out of hard drive space. Need info on how to clear up much needed space. my GB SSD I had about GB left after installing I just wanted a fast boot up And I wanted Windows to run fast and smoothly Awhile later My SSD started having space disappear for no reason I wasn't installing anything new on the drive nor was I saving anything extra to it either The extra GB dwindled down to about MB Now my notebook is always running on low disk space I have tried removing unwanted programs I also tried clearing out cookies history and my cache Even tried removing system restore and shadow copies And also tried the windows disk cleanup utility Does anyone know why my SSD started to have space magically vanish I would like the space back And can anyone give me any other ideas on how to free space on the drive Any tips would be greatly appreciated

A:Running out of hard drive space. Need info on how to clear up much needed space.

Probably windows updates that have been downloaded. 40GB is pretty small for Windows 7. You could running through the disk cleanup utility located in START>PROGRAMS>ACCESSORIES>SYSTEM TOOLS

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/running-out-of-hard-drive-space-need-info-on-how-to-clear-up-much-needed-space-641734.html
Relevancy 50.74%

How do I put the hard drive space used and free space on the Partition C: ? Partition D:\ and Partition E:\ has it but for some reason drive C:\ is missing it doesn't say how much space is used and how much space is free. The GBs are missing

A:How to bring back the amount of free space and used space on a hard drive

I'm a little confused about your question

You can't see how much drive space you have left when viewing your C drive via My Computer, or similar?

If you right-click on My Computer and select Manage, when the new window pops up click on Disk Management from the left hand side. What does that tell you about C drive? Assuming your C drive is actually a hard drive (and not a CD drive or something, though I have never heard of this happening and don't even know if it's possible to have C as your CD drive), you should see details at the top of the screen such as how much space you have left, by percentage of total capacity, as well as GB

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/195031-how-bring-back-amount-free-space-used-space-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My solid state drive is half full of with and unknown CAB file (see attached WinDirStat report. I'm running out of space. I've disabled imaging and everything else that I can find to disable and have all data on my D drive which is setup with 2 drives 1 TB each for a total storage space of 1 TB. Your assistance is greatly appreciated! The attached screen shot from yesterday has the file size at 66.3 and today it is at 67.5. Looks like computer cancer.

Thanks so much for considering this.

A:running out of hard drive space. 67.5GB unknown CAB file wasted space

Hello and welcome to the forums, jjvvbb!

Your attachment(s) aren't visible to us.

Please reattach your WinDirStat report properly using this following guide:-

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Alternatively, you could also generate a screenshot of your WinDirStat window and upload it for our perusal using this guide:-

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/14...ool-vista.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/239784-running-out-hard-drive-space-67-5gb-unknown-cab-file-wasted-space.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Im looking for some way to protect my external HDD from infections, and my PC from viruses on other peoples flash drives, is there any good software that can monitor and block USB or not allow stuff to copy itself on its own, or something liek that?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-protect-my-flash-drive-and-my-pc-from-flash-drive-carried-viruses.982964/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys,
I'm having a big problem with my hard drive space. First of all it keeps decreasing for no apparent reason when i am connected to the internet even though i'm not downloading anything. And i'm not talking about mb but GB!! My first guess was a vius so i ran my antivirus (avast) and removed some issues, but the trouble continues... I installed the WinDirStas as i saw in other posts to find if i missed something. And to my surprise i discovered that my HD is occupied by ~80GB of unaccessible files! I'm not sure i am saying that correctly so see for yourselves...

A:Hard drive space decreasing and showing less space available

I think you should read as 8 point 8... but you do need more overhead for Windows. Look at your pagefile settings in System and maybe have a look at what Windows Indexing settings are...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/356601-hard-drive-space-decreasing-showing-less-space-available.html
Relevancy 49.88%

i installed ubuntu on my ssd and had a dual boot laptop, however i want to use my ssd as a cache drive, henceforth i deleted ubuntu and now i have unallocated space and free space on my ssd and i am wondering if i need to covert that into a new partitioned volume that can be used as a cache drive

A:Use unallocated space and free space on ssd as cache drive

I think you need to allocate the free space as a linux swap partition and format it as such.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/use-unallocated-space-and-free-space-on-ssd-as-cache-drive.1118424/
Relevancy 49.88%

Setting up a new box Vista sadly to say Installed MS Office XP Pro and get the following error is disk space on this Free space drive some full. when closing MS Word ONLY Excel saves without any errors The disk is full Free some space on this drive or save the document on another disk Try one of the following Close any unneeded documents programs and windows Save the document on another disk I ve moved the file location and same error I cleaned up the drive including removing all restore point except the disk space is full. Free some space on this drive last one Now this thing has a gig drive but it disk space is full. Free some space on this drive is also used for security in a mini mart with cameras There are about Gigs of video from the security cameras on this box At this time I am just setting it up no cameras are connected and the security program hasn t disk space is full. Free some space on this drive been set up yet I just moved the files from the old drive to this one BTW the old drive crashed I ve tried the detect and repair in MS Word and no help I have uninstalled MS Office and reinstalled and no help and even went into Properties and set the user up on quota with no limits and still no help So now I am at a loss and have no idea what to try next Really don t want to delete the security files because it took hours to transfer them to this computer and unless all else fails this isn t a option I want to use Now on the old box which had XP Pro this was not a problem so on Vista it should not be either but then Vista is a MS Software so this is understandable Actually the old box had a gig hard drive so I think it actually has something to do with the O S VISTA but after fooling with this for two days that could just be me Now not sure if I posted in the correct forum if not please move to the correct forum nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all
Here is what happened.
I had to uninstall HP Photosmart C4100 series only because I was missing some wording on the buttons that just disappeared for some reason, so I went on thier help and support and it showed the exact same problem and what to do about it, It said to uninstall the program and then just reinstall it.
Well now, when I go to reinstall, it will not automatically start so I clicked on my computer and dvd-rw Drive (E and there are no files, in fact it states that my my file system is CDFS and the CDA Default - Full ___ It says all space used 672 MB and Free Space 0 Bytes

What the heck happened, I am no computer wizard so can you please help me to correct this, I can't download the Photosmart program back onto my computer ????

HELP
GRAMMA

A:Solved: DVD-RW Drive (E:) Used Space/Free Space 0 ?????

CD might be dirty...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dvd-rw-drive-e-used-space-free-space-0.506286/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I m trying to help a friend whose notebook was infected with malware She tried to clean it herself and the result is that Windows XP Pro sees the C Drive as quot Used space bytes empty space bytes capacity bytes quot Disk management sees Drive C as quot GB NTFS healthy system with empty space quot Disk management also sees quot HP Recovery D GB with empty space quot and quot Unknown Partition GB healthy with empty space quot Because Windows XP thinks the disk has zero bytes of capacity and zero bytes of empty space I am unable to download or install any diagnostic or anti malware utilities I ran Avira Antivir Rescue System from the CD Drive and it found quot TR Drop Agent ahdz quot Trojan in several files and it renamed C: capacity 0 space 0, empty drive used space 0, the files After the Antivir scan windows began to display the following message during startup quot Windows is unable to open the following folder folder rncsys exe XXX quot The PC boots and runs normal The only problem is that the OS thinks the Hard Disk Drive is full Is there a way to C: drive capacity 0, used space 0, empty space 0 make windows recognize that Drive C does not have zero bytes of capacity and zero bytes of empty space Also would deleting the Drive C partition and restoring the system work in this case or should I save some time and just install a new hard drive Thanks in advance for any responses nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-drive-capacity-0-used-space-0-empty-space-0.930998/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello, was wondering if anyone could tell me with this, it seems almost 85gb of my hard drive space is being used up by recovery and I am starting to need the extra space in my C drive, is this possible?
Thanks in advance

A:Can I Take Space From Recovery Partition for More Space in (C:) Drive?

As a general rule, if you already ran off the manufacturer recovery discs, you can then delete the recovery partition, create another in the unallocated space and use it to store your data.

You probably won't be bsle to do it with windows tools.

This free program should do the job:

http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/222675-can-i-take-space-recovery-partition-more-space-c-drive.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I keep getting the message "Low disc Space" You are running out of disc space on local disc C. I have checked my "Add/remove, but do not want to remove any of the programs. My computer is running very slow. I don't really have a lot of programs installed and can't figure out why I am getting this message. I was running a ghost program and am wondering if this could be a problem. I also find that when I run my Norton anti-virus, I seem to have many more files than expected. Is their any way that I can resolve this problem or find out what is typing up a lot of space without looking at the add/remove programs. I am almost intermediate, but am a bit of a dumbhead when it comes to this, so please be gentle. thanks for your help. Running windows XP

Relevancy 48.16%

Ok I formatted my HD in order to remove a partition as well as "clean" it up again. I have a 15gb HD and I had 5g partition and when I deleted the partition, I notice now that my HD is full again because I only have 5g now. Is there anyway to get the rest of my 10g back? Was there something that I should have done during setup that I didn't do when I deleted the partition?

Relevancy 48.16%

Recently I wiped my hard drive out and reinstalled my Windows XP. I'm not sure why, but right after this I checked my disk defragmenter and saw that I was at 62% free space on my drive. How'd that happen, and can I do something to improve it? The only thing on my machine at that time was the OS. A year ago I had nearly 80% free, and that was with a number of files, apps, and a few other software programs. This just doesn't seem right. I really regret having done this.

Relevancy 48.16%

Solved: I used the windows computer management in win xp. Bingo,I have my 40 gb of space back.I see that nobody offered any advice on this problem. It must have been a real tuffy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-lost-hd-space.632778/
Relevancy 48.16%

Help I have tried everything I think and my computer is still slow I ran Adaware and plugin VX Cleaner Spybot Spyware Doctor AVG Norton Anti-virus Comcast Spyware catcher and Registry Mechanic and my computer is still running slow When I run Comcast Spyware Catcher it always pulls up ISTbar and I remove it but it's still there Here is a Lost in Space copy of my HJT log not sure Lost in Space if this will fix it but would love the help I use to run with only processes when I ran Adaware but now I Lost in Space run with around so I know something is bogging me down I'm just to ignorrant to figure it out Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Lost in Space Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c program files comcast security manager app PRISM EXE C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe c program files comcast security manager app CurtainsSysSvcNt exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X printray exe C WINDOWS system odbcui exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor spydoctor exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgcc exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgemc exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Kasey Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net comcast html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page F - REG system ini UserInit c program files comcast security manager app SecurityManager exe O - BHO no name - - F B - A - B E- F-A D A D A - no file O - BHO no name - SOFTWARE - no file O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - E D C -A - - - C - C Program Files Comcast Security Manager app AuthBHO dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Security Manager Popup Blocker - F - B - DB -B E- A F - C Program Files Comcast Security Manager app AuthBHO dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run PrinTray C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X printray exe O - HKLM Run lxamsp exe lxamsp exe O - HKLM Run Security Manager C Program Files Comcast Security Manager app SecurityManager exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - HKCU Run HAumRgK W odbcui exe O - HKCU Run Spyware Doctor quot C Program Files Spyware Doctor spydoctor exe quot Q O - Global Startup AcBtnMgr X exe lnk C Program Files LexmarkX AcBtnMgr X exe O - Global Startup ACMonitor X exe lnk C Program Files LexmarkX ACMonitor X exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions present O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra button AIM HKLM O - Extra button Messenge... Read more

A:Lost in Space

You have an outdated version of HijackThis. Click here to get the latest version of HijackThis.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should not have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Go to My Computer->Tools/View->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that 'Show hidden files and folders' (or 'Show all files') is enabled. Also make sure that Display the contents of System Folders' is checked. Windows XP's search feature is a little different. When you click on 'All files and folders' on the left pane, click on the 'More advanced options' at the bottom. Make sure that Search system folders, Search hidden files and folders, and Search subfolders are checked.

For the options that you checked/enabled earlier, you may uncheck them after your log is clean. If we ask you to fix a program that you use or want to keep, please post back saying that (we don't know every program that exists, so we may tell you to delete a program that we think is bad to keep).

Turn off system restore by right clicking on My Computer and go to Properties->System Restore and check the box for Turn off System Restore. Click Apply and then OK. Restart your computer. After we are finished with your log file and verified that it's clean, you may turn it back on and create a new restore point.

Reboot into Safe Mode (hit F8 key until menu shows up). Make sure to close any open browsers. Go into HijackThis->Config->Misc. Tools->Open process manager. Select the following and click Kill process for each one if they are still listed (they shouldn't be - but double check it):

C:\WINDOWS\system32\odbcui.exe

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: (no name) - -{F08B8295-61A2-9B2E-891F-A9D9A309D47A} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - SOFTWARE - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lxamsp32.exe] lxamsp32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [HAumRgK7W] odbcui.exe

Delete the following Files/Folders (delete folders if no filename is specified) according to their directory (if none, just do a search for them) and delete them if they exist:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\odbcui.exe
lxamsp32.exe

Reboot into Normal Mode and post a new HijackThis log file so we can make sure it's clean.

To help prevent future spyware installations/infections, please read the Anti-Spyware Section and use the tools provided.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/lost-in-space-28435.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

I'm having a little problem with my SSD. It's a Corsair Force 3 120GB. With the starting loss of 9GB it's a 111GB SSD. When I click computer from the start menu to view the available disk space it says 44GB. This dropped from 58GB to 44GB today without me installing/changing anything. Also, if I go into the SSD, and make sure view all hidden files and folders is on, if I add up all the space used it is 58GB, 111-58=53 so surely I should have 53GB left?

Anybody know what/where this mystery data is?

A:Space lost from my SSD

Do you have Hibernate disabled?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/233917-space-lost-my-ssd.html
Relevancy 48.16%

how do I get rid of those annoying words that pop up everytime i type say "b" and my last search was about ex."buttercups" and i type "bu" and all of a sudden the word buttercups will pop up. but I was not going to type that word but a whole list of things I typed before pops up in my window, or when filling out a form it pulls a list when I go to type, how do I turn this feature off??? i mean ok!!

A:Lost in space

Turn off AutoComplete in IE:
Tools> Internet Options> Content tab> click AutoComplete button.
Click Clear Forms> Clear Passwords> uncheck Use AutoComplete for
then OK your way out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-in-space.594608/
Relevancy 48.16%

Yesterday morning I was about to delete the bulk files from my Yahoo email account I saw a couple of emails from quot CNN personal updates quot or somthing like that Since I was not sure that I had actually subscribed I wanted to unsubscribe to lessen the Lost (almost) Space In bulk spam When I opened Lost In Space (almost) the email there was a link for a quot kidnapped lotto winner in Massachusettes I think quot The link Lost In Space (almost) said I needed to update my Adobe flashplayer so I went to Adobe and downloaded the newest player The video never opened after several tries but by then I was infected with Antivirus XP Blue desktop no desktop screensaver tabs etc It also corrupted some of my Yahoo browser so I tried reinstalling twice then uninstalling Yahoo entirely and switched to IE to download various scanners I have since fixed most of the problems but two remain I no longer have access to Internet options via IE Lost In Space (almost) and Spybot continues to find the same several problems on every scan In my reasearch the IE problem seemed to be related to the Spybot since I am the administrator that the error message keeps saying to contact except that it started before I downloaded Spybot so I doubt it is the cause I had downloaded IE in an effort to remove the Internet Options restrictions but they are still restricted When I reloaded Yahoo it asked me if I wanted to set it as the default browser and since I thought it was only going to apply to Yahoo I selected that option I have not tried to uninstall Yahoo again to see if it would fix the IE restrictions I have also looked at the HKEY files but there is no quot Internet Explorer quot file where the online peeps say it should be so no or to change I forgot to add that all of this also somehow deleted all of my system restore points which was one of the first fixes I tried I figure when everything is fixed I will set a restore point then in case it happens again I had allowed maximum disk space for the restore utility but the only current restore point I can access is after the problems started I have listed below in no particular order the things I have done to try to fix this mess My previously installed Norton Online and Windows Defender did not find any problems Downloaded a quot kelly-something registry tweak fixed the missing desktop screensaver tabs Downloaded AdAware Lavasoft found and fixed some of the junk Downloaded MS Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool scanned but I am not sure if it found fixed anything Downloaded Spybot continues to find the same several problems as listed below Zango ShoppingReport SBI DEDC F IE toolbar Registry value nothing done HKEY USERS S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar WebBrowser B B -DF B- AC-BBE -BCC A B B Smitfraud-C gp SBI E EF Settings Registry value nothing done HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad hjoqorSmitfraud-C gp SBI A Settings Registry value nothing done HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad xcvwerRight Media Tracking cookie Internet Explorer Forrest Cookie nothing done I found each of these results in the registry but have done nothing to them for fear of creating more problems however whenever Spybot asks my permission for important registry changes I have been allowing the change since they were each listed as quot Spybot deletes quot that I assumed were the attempted Spybot fixes for the junk above Downloaded Trend Micro Hijackthis v created notepad log file of scan but did not check or remove anything All of it looks legitimate considering all of the above stuff I have downloaded since yesterday Below is the log from that program I realize this post is akin to quot War and Peace quot but maybe you guys will see something and say quot aha It has taken me over an hour to write this post while doing scans etc The reason I wanted IE Internet Options was to set the homepage to ... Read more

A:Lost In Space (almost)

Hello, fgross120. to BleepingComputer.comMy name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)Please give me some time to look over your computer's log(s).Please take note of the following:In the meantime, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.Finally, please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.We need to run OTScanItBefore running a new scan let's clean out the temporary folders. Download ATF Cleaner to your Desktop.Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Click Select All found at the bottom of the list.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox browser, do this also:Click Firefox at the top and choose Select All from the list.Click the Empty Selected button.NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.If you use Opera browser, do this also:Click Opera at the top and choose Select All from the list.Close ALL Internet browsers (very important).Click the Empty Selected button.NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.Now download OTScanIt.exe to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named OTScanIt on your desktop.Note: You must be logged on to the system with an account that has Administrator privileges to run this program.Close ALL OTHER PROGRAMS.Open the OTScanIt folder and double-click on OTScanIt.exe to start the program (if you are running on Vista then right-click the program and choose Run as Administrator).In the Drivers section click on Non-Microsoft.In the Rootkit Search area select YesUnder Additional Scans click the checkboxes in front of the following items to select them:Reg - BotCheck
Reg - Disabled MS Config Items
Reg - File Associations
Reg - Uninstall List
File - Additional Folder Scans
Do not change any other settings.Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.Let it run unhindered until it finishes.When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.Save the file to your desktop or other location where you can find it back.Use the Add Reply button and attach the file in your next post.Billy3

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/162914/lost-in-space-almost/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Guy`s& Doll`s
I am trying to upgrade my vista x64.But I get to this screen and do not Know what to write.I can not do up dates of more than 10 megs because I am on dial up.Even that will tie up my phone line for more than 3 hrs.This program refues to give me control.

A:lost in space

Please explain what you are trying to do and what you are doing to get that box. You said that you are trying to upgrade your vista. Do you mean upgrade to vista? If so to what version and from what version? Are you trying to upgrade to 7 from Vista? Also please explain what dial up has to do with it.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/300560-lost-space.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Just got a new Dell laptop with a 250 gig HD. After all installations of old programs, pictures, and music, the "Properties" claim that I've used 113 gigs on the "C:" drive, and approx 10 gigs on the "D:" drive. However, when I go to break it down by adding everything listed on the C drive, it only comes up to 76 gigs! Where's the other 37 GIGS?!? That's more than ALL my music files!!!
Any guesses would be appreciated!

A:LOST (in) SPACE???

Hidden files, System Restore, MFT, and different methods of measuring space.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-in-space.746331/
Relevancy 48.16%

I was doing a routine scan with eTrust PestPatrol, when it detected a few items including a large folder. I accidentally quarantined the folder too, but after taking some time to quarantine it never did. I went under my c drive and found the folder will all its content still there. The only problem now is that I've lost about 100 mb. Was my folder too large to quarantine? and where did that 100 mb go to? Thanks!

A:lost hd space

It may have compressed the file in quarantine, if you remove that file from quarantine you may get the 100MB back

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-hd-space.555933/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys,

My C drive has a capacity of 35gb, and tells me that 30gb is in use. However, I can find no more than 10.6gb of data on the drive! If I open the C drive, press ctrlA, and then click properties, the total size is 10.6gb. Hidden files are unhidden. I can't imagine why it thinks that I've used 20gb more than I have, any ideas?

Jim

A:Lost space

Download EasyCleaner:

http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm

And use the space usage feature to tell us how much that says you have...
Sorry i'm not on XP so this may be innacurate but i think (i'm not sure) but when you select folders the folders(or contents of them) are not added to the filesize estimate... If it's full of folders then i'm wrong but if it's full of other files then that may be where the filesize estimate is coming from...

Cheers,
Jamey

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-space-250024.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I just picked up Star Trek quot Elite Force by Activision I downloaded everything and followed the instructions using both CD s I followed your or the forums thread and downloaded and when l started the game Space mean and it! l in Lost this is what l saw Elite Force II win-x May ----- FS Startup ----- Current search path C PROGRA ACTIVI EF base C PROGRA ACTIVI EF base pak pk files C Lost in Space and l mean it! PROGRA ACTIVI EF base pak pk files C Lost in Space and l mean it! PROGRA ACTIVI EF base pak pk files C PROGRA ACTIVI EF base pak pk files C Lost in Space and l mean it! PROGRA ACTIVI EF base pak pk files C PROGRA ACTIVI EF base pak pk files C PROGRA ACTIVI EF base pak pk files C PROGRA ACTIVI EF base pak pk files C PROGRA ACTIVI EF base locpak pk files d Setup Data ef exe base ---------------------- execing global default cfg execing global game cfg Config alan-king cfg couldn t exec global menu cfg couldn t exec alan-king cfg couldn t exec global localized cfg couldn t exec global autoexec cfg ------- Input Initialization ------- Initializing DirectInput Couldn t set DI coop level Falling back to Win mouse support Joystick is not active ------------------------------------ Loading global strings ----- Client Initialization ----- CPU Pentium Frequency Mhz Physical Memory mb execing global fast cfg execing global memoryhigh cfg ----- Initializing Renderer ---- ----- R Init ----- Initializing OpenGL subsystem initializing QGL calling LoadLibrary C WINDOWS system opengl dll succeeded setting mode FS using colorsbits of calling CDS ok registered window class created email protected x Initializing OpenGL driver getting DC succeeded GLW ChoosePFD PFDs found GLW ChoosePFD failed GLW ChoosePFD PFDs found GLW ChoosePFD failed failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT restoring display settings WARNING could not set the given mode setting mode FS using colorsbits of calling CDS ok created email protected x Initializing OpenGL driver getting DC succeeded GLW ChoosePFD PFDs found GLW ChoosePFD failed failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT restoring display settings WARNING could not set the given mode shutting down QGL unloading OpenGL DLL assuming dfxvgl is a standalone driver initializing QGL WARNING missing Glide installation assuming no Dfx available shutting down QGL ----- CL Shutdown ----- ----------------------- GLW StartOpenGL - could not load OpenGL subsystem Keep in mind that l m new to computers Thanks I have a Dell pc dimension with XP I do not know how to access what computers has as far as speed storage and so on nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

A couple of days ago I got a Gb hard drive to go with my Gb The was working perfectly and I Lost 'n Space had previously Lost 'n Space installed another drive with it with no problem so it seemed quite simple to just install this new one AS it was a new drive I had to format it which I thought I did Unfortunately I messed up really BIG because I formatted the Gb which wiped out what was on it which was about - Gb That was annoying enough but checking in the Device Manager and through my Computer etc I now find that I ve only got Gb total on each drive So together that makes about Gb so my question is any ideas where the missing Gb has got to Lost 'n Space I m wondering if when I get up to the limit of Gb on any of the drives will the drive be FULL or will I be able to continue till the actual amount is reached Surely Gb can t go missing just like that can it as I accidentally formatted the Lost 'n Space wrong drive then I would have thought that the drive would revert back to it s original setting of Gb and certainly not GB Is there any Hope My system is Ghz Win XP Mb Ram Western Digital Caviar Gb and Gb HDs IE Microsoft Office nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Capture.PNG 174336

Sony laptop, Win 7 HPrem, 32bit, 250GB

I have 194GB free of 223GB avail. Yesterday the computer showed 200GB free space, today back to 194GB ?

Please review above and tell me where I am losing space. I have not added nor deleted any programs / files

Thanks

A:HDD Lost Space

Welcome
This article will help for both Vista and Seven.
It is most likely system restore points taking up space.
You can download and use windirstat to see what is taking the space on the hard drive
Hard Disk Space - Free Up and Recover
http://windirstat.info/

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/185399-hdd-lost-space.html
Relevancy 47.73%

A few days ago I had about - GB of free space on my hard drive C Today I only have GB of free space The only thing Lost a days of in space 10 few GB HD I remember doing was installing a few programs because one of my programs stopped working suddenly so I needed an alternative program The alternatives didn't work either so I uninstalled them But now I still am Lost 10 GB of HD space in a few days left with about GB of lost space that I don't know what happened to I feel like I don't have lots of programs installed onto my computer or any large files and the ones I do have are not big So I feel like I should have more free space available and I feel like something bad or unnecessary is taking up space on my computer So I'm hoping someone here can help me free up some space or find what could be taking up this space on my computer I ran a Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan and it found nothing I also ran CCleaner and it didn't free up much space I have Windows Home Premium My computer is a ASUS Notebook K F K F Series laptop below is my FRST txt log Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Derek administrator on DEREK-PC on - - Running from C Users Derek DesktopLoaded Profiles Derek Available profiles Derek amp every else amp fbwuser Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode NormalTutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved tzuk C Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exe ASUSTeK Computer Inc C Windows System FBAgent exe ASUS C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey AsLdrSrv exe ASUS C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Coupons com Inc C Program Files x Coupons CouponPrinterService exe Cucusoft Inc C Program Files Cucusoft AutoUpdate AutoUpdateSrvc exe Cucusoft Inc C Program Files Cucusoft NetGuard BandwidthGuardSrvc sys Cucusoft Inc C Program Files Cucusoft NetGuard BandwidthGuardSrvc sys Cucusoft Inc C Program Files Cucusoft NetGuard SysMsgProxySrvc sys C Windows System dleacoms exe ESET C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus x ekrn exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe ASUS C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey HControl exe ASUS C Program Files x ASUS SmartLogon sensorsrv exe ATK C Program Files P G BatteryLife exe C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Live Update ALU exe ATK C Program Files x ASUS Splendid ACMON exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center ipoint exe ASUS C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKOSD ATKOSD exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center itype exe ASUS C Program Files x ASUS ASUS CopyProtect ASPG exe ASUS C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey ATKOSD exe ELAN Microelectronic Corp C Program Files Elantech ETDCtrl exe C Program Files x ASUS ASUS WebStorage SERVICE AsusWSService exe ASUSTeK C Windows SysWOW ACEngSvr exe ASUS C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey WDC exe ESET C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe ASUSTek Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Data Security Manager ADSMTray exe ASUS C Windows AsScrPro exe CyberLink C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go CLMLSvc exe SRS Labs Inc C Program Files SRS Labs SRS Premium Sound Control Panel SRSPremiumPanel exe Yahoo Inc C Program Files x Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgets exe ASUSTek Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Data Security Manager ADSMSrv exe Boingo Wireless Inc C Program Files x Boingo Boingo Wi-Fi Boingo Wi-Fi exe ASUS C ... Read more

A:Lost 10 GB of HD space in a few days

Greetings Antonio724 and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please consider and run the below for me.===================================================P2P Warning--------------------Going over your logs I noticed that you have µTorrent installed. It is pretty much certain that if you continue to use P2P programs, you will get infected again.Avoid gaming sites, pirated software, cracking tools, keygens, and peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing programs.They are a security risk which can make your computer susceptible to a smörgåsbord of malware infections, remote attacks, exposure of personal information, and identity theft. Many malicious worms and Trojans spread across P2P file sharing networks, gaming and underground sites.Users visiting such pages may see innocuous-looking banner ads containing code which can trigger pop-up ads and malicious Flash ads that install viruses, Trojans and spyware. Ads are a target for hackers because they offer a stealthy way to distribute malware to a wide range of Internet users.The best way to reduce the risk of infection is to avoid these types of web sites and not use any P2P applications.I would recommend that you uninstall µTorrent, however that choice is up to you. If you choose to remove the program, you can do so via Start... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565578/lost-10-gb-of-hd-space-in-a-few-days/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi again Tech Support Sorry I am asking another problem needed to be solved The problems i am facing is iexplorer gets non responsive at times and when shutting down windows it says iexplorer exe is not responding I thought i got infected by a virus and inspite pls Help Problems space lost hdd and Ie i have norton i did a panda scan While doing this process i Ie Problems and lost hdd space pls Help had to stop it in the middle but while scanning the harddisk kept saying low on space when i remembered i had - gb hdd space left and now it became gb weird where did the rest of the gb go Anyways i contd panda virus scan It came with this report Incident Status Location Adware adware azesearch No disinfected C myvbs vbs Adware adware ezula No disinfected C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files eZulaBoot dll Possible Virus No disinfected C Documents and Settings Dilip Paryani DILIP- ED C My Documents My Received Files A-Patch rar A-Patch exe Virus Exploit ByteVerify Disinfected C Documents and Settings Dilip Paryani DILIP- ED C Application Data Sun Java Deployment cache javapi v jar archive jar- ec - ebadbd zip Dummy class then i ran adware and didnt find those two adware which panda found The software i am currently using reommended by u are spyware guard spyware blaster ad-ware and spybot search and destroy and norton and kerio firewall So pls recommend me a solution since i did my best to solve it but couldnt and thus turned to u Guru's Need to fix my ie sp and retrive my lost hdd space thx and here is my hijack log report Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Stardock Object Desktop WindowBlinds wbload exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system GSICON EXE C WINDOWS system dslagent exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Kerio Personal Firewall kpf ss exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Kerio Personal Firewall kpf gui exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Kerio Personal Firewall kpf gui exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C hjt HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ecompany ae eco isp english index html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com keyword s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer proxy emirates net ae R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SD... Read more

A:Ie Problems and lost hdd space pls Help

updated hijacklog report after running spybot (forgot before). spybot fixed smithfraud and psguard. Here is the report

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:39:38 PM, on 10/7/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Stardock\Object Desktop\WindowBlinds\wbload.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\GSICON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dslagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb06.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTHELPER.EXE
C:\Program Files\Kerio\Personal Firewall 4\kpf4ss.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Kerio\Personal Firewall 4\kpf4gui.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AdvTools\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\Program Files\Kerio\Personal Firewall 4\kpf4gui.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\hjt\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.google.com/ie
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.google.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ecompany.ae/eco/isp/english/index.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.google.com/ie
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://www.google.com/keyword/%s
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = proxy1.emirates.net.ae:8080
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = <local>
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\dlprotect.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Ipswitch.WsftpBrowserHelper - {601ED020-FB6C-11D3-87D8-0050DA59922B} - C:\Program Files\Ipswitch\WS_FTP Pro\wsbho2k0.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: DAP Bar - {62999427-33FC-4baf-9C9C-BCE6BD127F08} - C:\Program Files\DAP\DAPIEBar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GSICONEXE] GSICON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DSLAGENTEXE] dslagent.exe USB
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Advanced Tools Check] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\AdvTools\ADVCHK.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/ie-problems-and-lost-hdd-space-pls-help-72108.html
Relevancy 47.73%

i'm running windows xp and i made 3 cd of stuff and then deleted the files from hard drive then i emptied the recycle bin but now i have same free space as before i deteted them and can't find files either any ideas?

A:lost of free space

I am pretty new to XP myself but I have noticed that there is a backup program running that backups everything you do, sort of like "GoBack" does. You can turn this feature off but I haven't found how exactly as of yet. This might be where your hard drive space is going.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-of-free-space.65746/
Relevancy 47.73%

i have tried to reinstall windows xp pro twice.in the directions i used it said i would be ask for the product key.but i never was and it installed windows anyway but some things were not right so i tried to reinstall again and right away it ask for the product key,when i type it in it says it`s invalid.i have tried the xp pro sp3 reinstall disk on 2 computers and used 2 different product keys and get the same results.can someone explain this and tell me what to do? any help is welcome,thanks

A:lost in outer space

Hi Car54,

Sorry you are still having problems. Sounds like you actually got it formatted this time though.

You said you have tried this disk on two computers, you can only put it on one if you are using the same product key. You said you have two product keys, where did the product keys come from? Have either of them ever been used to activate Windows before? Was one of them used on the computer you have been having problems with before you reinstalled Windows?

You need to make sure you are typing the key exactly right, not sure if it automatically makes all letters capitals or not but if it does not, then make sure you are if they are suppose to be capitals

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/235760/lost-in-outer-space/
Relevancy 47.73%

So I use to have ~60gb FREE space on my SSD but then I was experiencing some problems with opening some metro apps so I ran the windows (all in one) fix-it program and luckily enough it did repair my problem although afterward I was only left with ~45gb free space on my 100gb SSD, which is quite strange as I cant find where on earth all this extra data came from and if it is nessercery.

Im not sure if this has anything to do with my problem but their are these partions on my C drive which have no name, which could be causing problems related to availible space?

Attachment 55358

I will provide more information as needed, thanks.

Edit: I have ran the windows disk cleaner to clean both normal and system files plus I run ccleaner on a regular bases.

A:SSD lost space unexpectedly

Try running this TreeSize Free - Quickly Scan Directory Sizes and Find Space Hogs and post a picture - it will tell you what is taking the space.

It is not the partitions - it is you C:\ drive - the others are small and are required for booting and recovery so don't worry about them.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58624-ssd-lost-space-unexpectedly.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a hard disk with 3 partitions. Recently I noticed that I was losing a lot of disk space (5-6G). The total disk space used by all folders was must less than the 'Used space' reported by the property of the drive. After I purged the Norton Protected Recycle Bin, I reclaimed the lost space of my D: and E: but not my C:. I have another notebook which had the same symptom. My drive D: has the lost space reclaimed but not the C:. Where were the space used?
Is there any utility out there which shows the disk space usage, all files and folders and these lost space as well?

A:Lost disk space

Try scanning your disk partitions and fix the errors if any.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-disk-space.19578/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello everyone I ve been having some issues with my notebook computer that I tried fixing using System Restore I ran that three times today finally restoring my computer to yesterday s settings I am running Windows XP and a hard drive that had almost gb out of GB total HD capacity of space left today... I of space 10 GBs lost yesterday After the third time running system restore I was down to GB left What happened I checked my system restore settings and I have had it set up so that the restore points use up of the hard drive I have restore points going back to June I could delete some of these but I don t know if they would help me get all my GBs back I ve been running the Disk Cleanup utility it is compressing old files now but it has I lost 10 GBs of space today... been running for the past three hours almost and so far it has only upped my remaining HD space to I lost 10 GBs of space today... GB after it had been GB Click here to see the window I ve had for the past hour and a half The bar hasn t moved beyond those three little points At this rate itll take hours for the Disk Cleanup utility to finish unless of course it has frozen I think this is my first time running Disk Cleanup So to summarize why did I lose GB after running System Restore three times today And is Disk Cleanup supposed to take this long Much help would be greatly appreciated as this has been a frustrating situation nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi folks..
I formatted my PC sometime back and have reinstalled Windows Vista SP1 with proper updates.
A week back i realised that my system has eaten around 15GB of my HDD space.
I did vssadmin, disk cleanup and even vsp1cln. But, unfortunately, I got back only 800 MB
Please help me to get out of this trouble !!

Thanks

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi guys st time ive used something like this so I hope you can help as im stumped MY laptop HD is Gig but i am constantly running out of space and deleting files Space ) HD (5gig+ Lost uninstalling to keep a decent amount of free space available My quot my docs quot folder is only Gig - whole docs folder is My program files is only Gig The other folders in the C only amounts to around meg So there seems to be a downfall of around Gig and i am unable to locate where Lost HD Space (5gig+ ) this missing Gig is located I have done all the normal things like deleting temp files cookies disc cleanup defrag etc thing i need to mention is when I boot up before windows loads it asks me to select which opperating system i want to run only one of these work top one but there is more XP and XP setup options is it possible there is another opperating systems also installed which is taking up my HD space Any help or advise would be greatly appreasiated Cheers Scott nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I have been trying to figure out what is wrong sometime space lost Disk ago I noticed that the readings from properties disk space reporter are not consistent I wil try to explain Please forgive my english for it is not my native lang My laptop has a gb hd with partitions Used space in dsk c according to properties is Gb and free space Disk Space reporter reads gb of used space So were did the gb of space went In Disk d sometimes has been up to gb of difference right Disk space lost now I reformatted When defraging dsk d I have read many A exe or dll files which cannot be Disk space lost located or seen by any other program but the defrag client When I detected this the first time I called my Disk space lost technician who advised to reformat which I did I have reformatted my D partition times due the reading of this files by defrag I have run several antivirus spyware maleware and everything comes clean no infections detected But it is very weird that my disk space starts to disappear for some invisible files Please advice Any help to understand or get rid of this problem will be highly appreciated I already posted in the thread Am I infected and after following instruction the person who helped concluded that it might not be a maleware problem

A:Disk space lost

a.exe is registered as the [email protected] worm which is transmitted via e-mail and attempts to install itself on your computer. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system.Sometimes Malwarebytes can miss things. That's why we scan with multiple scanners. This is normally done in the HJT forum. Read the preparation guide:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/175341/disk-space-lost/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello. I have a 8GB kingston and after having linux on it, I now only have 2 mb free. I formatted it but still only have 2 mb free. I went into Computer Management, but I cannot delete the 2mb partition, to gather together the unallocated space and format it.

Please see the screenshot. The delete partition is greyed out. Any options out there so I can regain my 8GB?

Thank you.

A:Lost USB space after linux.

Hi Read the Link below ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...nd.htmlhttp://

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357114-lost-usb-space-after-linux.html
Relevancy 47.73%

So I've deleted a file which was around 7gb off an NTFS 500gb USB drive and the remaining space is left unchanged (the file is NOT in the recycle bin on the drive either) so I've been robbed 7gb.
How to get it back? I remember XP used to do the same thing sometimes when deleting +4gb files.

A:Recovering lost space

Welcome
Boot the computer and then check.
If still missing download and run windirstat to see whats on the drive.
Defrag
Download and use auslogics defrag for this and future defrags. Most here think that it is better than the defrag that comes with Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/217982-recovering-lost-space.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Dell server with a 400GB HD. After installing Windows 2000 Server, Disk Management only reads 10GB of disk space for Partition C: and 120GB for Partition D:. Between drives C: and D: the total disk space is about 130GB. I lost almost 270GB of space. I installed Acronis Disk Director to see if I can recover that 270GB of missing space. Well Acronis only sees the same amount that Windows does.

Is there any other utility that I can use to regain that lost space.

Thanks for any help.

A:Lost Disk Space

TechnoBlast said:

I have a Dell server with a 400GB HD. After installing Windows 2000 Server, Disk Management only reads 10GB of disk space for Partition C: and 120GB for Partition D:. Between drives C: and D: the total disk space is about 130GB. I lost almost 270GB of space. I installed Acronis Disk Director to see if I can recover that 270GB of missing space. Well Acronis only sees the same amount that Windows does.

Is there any other utility that I can use to regain that lost space.

Thanks for any help.Click to expand...
Did you get a disk with the drive to enable large drive capability?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-disk-space.387464/