Windows Support Forum

Cannot "fully" connect to wifi but works fine on ethernet

Q: Cannot "fully" connect to wifi but works fine on ethernet

Please help.. Can't connect to the wifi but using ethernet is working fine.. My phone could connect to the same wifi though
tried to backread some of the threads but didn't work on my laptop

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cannot "fully" connect to wifi but works fine on ethernet

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Cannot "fully" connect to wifi but works fine on ethernet

Additional info. I am using Atheros AR5006EXS Wireless Network Adapter
and I did deleted the driver and it installed again automatically, but sadly it still doesn't work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-fully-connect-to-wifi-but-works-fine-on-ethernet.206650/
Relevancy 86.8%

I have recently bought a router, the Fritz.Box Home Server 1&1 VDSL. I have set it up via wifi and can connect to the internet without a problem.
However, I would like to connect my PC to the router via LAN.
When I put the LAN cable into my PC and the router, both my PC and my router react and tell me there is a connection but they do not recognize each other. The router says there is something in LAN1 and the PC says there is a LAN cable without a connection. I cannot access the router via LAN, only via wifi.
My PC uses the Killer Network 2200e driver, I tried removing it and then manually adding it again, it did not work. My IPv4 settings seem fine, too, I have no idea what to do now.

A:Ethernet won't connect to router, wifi works fine

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found, here's how

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/ethernet-wont-connect-to-router-wifi-works-fine-1103938.html
Relevancy 86.8%

I have recently bought a router, the Fritz.Box Home Server 1&1 VDSL. I have set it up via wifi and can connect to the internet without a problem.
However, I would like to connect my PC to the router via LAN.
When I put the LAN cable into my PC and the router, both my PC and my router react and tell me there is a connection but they do not recognize each other. The router says there is something in LAN1 and the PC says there is a LAN cable without a connection. I cannot access the router via LAN, only via wifi.
My PC uses the Killer Network 2200e driver, I tried removing it and then manually adding it again, it did not work. My IPv4 settings seem fine, too, I have no idea what to do now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/ethernet-wont-connect-to-router-wifi-works-fine-1103938.html
Relevancy 106.21%

Hi after a long time I came back settled in Toronto I found myself in need of superior assistance from the pros Not my laptop but a friends by chance during lunch he mentions his webcam doesn't Win7 inet use, AV on works install updates, no in works, shows "fine"... Webcam work anymore which surprised me cause I had to hold onto his laptop for weeks while he was out of Canada in any case I take a look and yes webcam shows in use by another application yet the webcam looks off and even skype is off so instinct kicks and AV is not working Win updates won't connect nor MB will update Webcam shows in use, no AV install works, on Win7 updates, inet works "fine"... tried to run Kas online install closes by itself and so it happens with every other malware Webcam shows in use, no AV install works, on Win7 updates, inet works "fine"... detection program I tried so I tell him to don't use it while I come back the next day and take it home he managed to install and run some programs after googling around in any case I have the laptop with me and so I decided to get help Here are the Logs DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Pete at on - - Running Processes C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exe C Program Files x Foxit Software Foxit Reader Foxit Cloud FCUpdateService exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup sftservice EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup TOASTER EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup COMPONENTS SCHEDULER STSERVICE EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpd exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files x Dell Support Center gs agent dsc exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp google ca uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearch Page hxxp www google com uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie uProxyServer localhost uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s uURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor McIEPlg dll mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor McIEPlg dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll TB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor McIEPlg dll uRun SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe mRun IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe mRun dellsupportcenter quot C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe quot P dellsupportcenter mRunOnce quot C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpdate exe quot quot C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpdate exe quot uPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktop dword mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktopChanges dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorUser dword mPolicies-System EnableUIADesktopToggle dword mPolicies-System PromptOnSecureDesktop dword IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - C PROGRA MIF BA Office EXCEL EXE IE Send image to amp Bluetooth Device - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie ctx htm IE Send page to amp Bluetooth Device - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie htm IE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - ... Read more

A:Webcam shows in use, no AV install works, on Win7 updates, inet works "fine"...

I forgot to mention, Gmer crashed several times and I had to run it with Sections and C: only, and the title says "on Win7 updates" is "no win7 updates", I can't update the OS

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/webcam-shows-in-use-no-av-install-works-on-win7-updates-inet-works-fine-924258.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Hi I have a ZyXEL wireless router - it has worked without issues for years However yesterday evening my wireless router suddenly stopped broadcasting a signal different PC s and a wifi dongle attached to our TV were suddenly all unable to find my network The loss with ethernet. of Sudden fine works wifi, WLAN light on the router was still lit up I connected my Acer Aspire Z laptop to the router via an ethernet cable and it worked fine I connected to the router and it said there were no errors I phoned ZyXEL support this morning and they dialled in confirmed the router was reporting it was working They installed inSSIDer on my PC and verified no signal was being picked up - but other local wireless networks Sudden loss of wifi, works fine with ethernet. were being picked up They suggested buying another modem as it was very old and could have just reached the end of its life So I bought a brand new Sitecom N x modem this morning connected it up and have the exact same problem All the right lights are on the modem solid WLAN DSL and Internet lights I can connect via an ethernet cable but none of my devices can find a the wireless browser but can find other networks and connect to them I ve spent hours on the phone today to various tech people and gone through channel switching changing encryption etc but nothing has worked The router is sat in the same place it has been for the last years and the laptop is inches from it but still no joy As far as I can see I ve ruled out PC problems - different PCs running different Windows versions - neither can find my network but can find others ISP issues - I can connect to the internet via ethernet Modem specific issues - I ve tried different modems both have the same problem - both manufacturers support say quot it does sound strange quot but cannot suggest what might be causing it Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 99.33%

I have a Win system Everything was working until a few days ago and then the Ethernet connection stopped The activity LEDs work but the Ethernet will not connect The Wifi works fine through the same router as the Ethernet is plugged into Here is what I did so far Rebooted PC full power cycle Rebooted router MSCONFIG to disable all unknown services and apps Replaced Ethernet cable Tried a different on Unidentified works fine - Ethernet Network Windows Wifi 7 - port Confirmed Ethernet driver is latest version Deleted Ethernet driver anyway and reinstalled Reset IP Stack Set TCP IPv to static IP and defined the DNS server Confirmed the adapter's advanced settings were Windows 7 - Unidentified Network on Ethernet - Wifi works fine correct Connected to a USB Ethernet adapter that I know works and has worked before on Windows 7 - Unidentified Network on Ethernet - Wifi works fine this PC Nothing I did in the above list worked - Windows 7 - Unidentified Network on Ethernet - Wifi works fine Ethernet does not connect The activity LEDs are working The Network Connections shows a plugged-in Ethernet as an Unidentified Network Here is the IPCONFIG ALL Quote Windows IP Configuration Host Name London Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C- -D -B - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dc a ea c d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D-E - C- -D -B - -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description ASIX AX A USB to Fast Ethernet Ada pter Physical Address - - B- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address BC- - -CE-CA- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained December- - PM Lease Expires December- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D-E - C- -D -B - -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address BC- - -CE-CA- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F BE -BD - D - E - E F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E F A - C - C- DE- A DDA FFD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I am a total loss I thought it was a hardware problem at first but the fact that it does not work on a USB Ethernet adapter tells me the problem lies somewhere in Windows Any help is appreciated Konacq

A:Windows 7 - Unidentified Network on Ethernet - Wifi works fine

What router is it and have you tried plugging your modem into the pc it self to after rebooting both devices sans router? Could your router have like enabled mac filtering perhaps?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/387345-windows-7-unidentified-network-ethernet-wifi-works-fine.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Edit: I fixed it. Turns out I didn't let the scans complete and that they really needed to be run from within the original user account, not a secondary one I had created after the infection. I was able to run the software from within the account by right-clicking on the shortcuts and then clicking Run as Admin. After letting the scans go all the way through, the problem was fixed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-asks-what-to-open-exe-files-with-works-fine-with-run-as-admin.1034875/
Relevancy 98.9%

Okay I'm not too good with computers but this is my issue:
on the home network we have 2 computers hardwired to the router and then a wireless network which I use with my laptop.

Both the computers are unable to access the internet, when I go into cmd-->ipconfig both list the ethernet adapter as "media disconnected" . however I can still access the router configurations on both computers. On the router (linksys router) the internet light is lit up as are both 1 and 2 port connections (where the computers are connected). But still, no internet ("page load error")

However via the wireless network my laptop connects to the internet just fine! Can anyone help me??? thank you

oh the 2 computers are running windows xp, and my laptop has vista

thanks in advance

A:"Media disconnected" for 2 wired computers, wireless works fine

Pick one non-working machine and let's see if we can get that to work.
Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?

On the affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-disconnected-for-2-wired-computers-wireless-works-fine.806599/
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi all

once you've got an ISO file on Disc you can mount it with a right mouse click on the file.

You can then use any standard software you like to access the DVD for example I'm playing a DVD (Battlestar Galactica 1980) with VLC
(can't find a replacement for W7 snipping tool but old XP application grabber_2k works fine -- file has to be saved as jpg however rather than png)
cheers
jimbo

A:built in "Virtual Drive Mounter" works Fine with VLC dvd player

The snipping tool is in the Apps. You can also use FastStone Capture - last free one: A+ Freeware - Multimedia & Design - FastStone Capture 5.3 (last freeware version)

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/2832-built-virtual-drive-mounter-works-fine-vlc-dvd-player.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi,
I will try to explain my problem that I have although I am a novice...
I have a Toshiba laptop, 32bit Vista Home Premium.
I have had an internet connection through modem for a while, everything is good. Now I bought a Linksys WRT54G router, to be able to use the laptop with wireless. Did the setup, all was good, then suddenly no more connection.
Tried to reset the modem, the router and restart the laptop, got a connection again, but it went after 5-10 minutes, just simply stopped working. I still am connected, but it says "local only" and once "limited connectivity".
When I then connect the laptop directly to the modem with a cable, I have internet.
So the router seems fine, modem obviously, too.
What could be the problem that it always says "local only" all of a sudden, although I know there is internet???
Thanks for your help.

A:Internet works fine with modem but wireless router says "local only"

Hi Luna
Can you please tell me:~
ISP
Modem
Router
Adapter
and anything else you may find relevant. As i am looking for an answer to this one thanks...

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/213941-internet-works-fine-modem-but-wireless-router-says-local-only.html
Relevancy 98.9%

my computer randomly went blank like its going into sleep mode before the battery runs out but it didn't go into sleep mode at all it just stayed blank so i "illegally powered off" and turned it back on after that it became incredibly slow it works fine for the first 30 seconds then stops and everything becomes unresponsive such a document folders things like skype and goggle chrome even the task bar and start menu
i have done the following
-checked for viruses on McAfee (if done correctly i should be free of viruses)
-disk cleaned
-system recovery
-chkdsk /r
-sfc /scannow
-uninstalling items
-ccleaner
i am really bad at the technical side of computers so if you can help please try be simple thank you

A:programs are slow and say "not responding" but works fine in safe mode

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Most people here view Mcafee as the actual virus please remove it using this,
How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR)

If you suspect a virus use these instead,
Review Jacee?s instructions to run Adwcleaner here post #7,
Ignore the title of the thread,
Instant Savings App
Screen shot of the download button to use for Adwcleaner
You can use these free tools to see if they find anything,
Manually Update them before running full scans,
Try not to use your computer while the scans are running, (one at a time of course).
See this tutorial on how to download and run Malwarebytes,
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
Also use the Custom scan option not the Threat scan,

Please Do Not clean/ Delete or Remove Any detections before posting the scan results first before review especially Malwarebytes,
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free
SAS is safe to remove anything it finds
http://www.superantispyware.com/?tag=SUPERANTISPYWARE
This one is the longest up to 4 hours, the others are only about 45 minutes,
http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/349664-programs-slow-say-not-responding-but-works-fine-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hello I have a bit of a problem here Last night my roomate was using my computer and kicked my surge protector off The result was my computer wouldnt boot up I played with it for a couple of minutes turning it on and off Finally I opened the case and blew any dust out and tightened a few connectors Turned it back on again and it seemed to boot up normally I logged into my account and the desktop started to load up The icons began coming up and then it froze Control Alt Del would not work So I manually turned works Mode Loading" Stuck "Windows Safe on MCE '05: fine WinXP Screen. the computer off I attempted to boot up again and this time WinXP MCE '05: Stuck on "Windows Loading" Screen. Safe Mode works fine when I typed in my password I got stuck on a quot Loading Preferences quot screen I attempted turning WinXP MCE '05: Stuck on "Windows Loading" Screen. Safe Mode works fine the computer on and off a few times hoping XP was just having WinXP MCE '05: Stuck on "Windows Loading" Screen. Safe Mode works fine an XP moment Not the case Next I tried booting in various safe modes Right now I m in Safe Mode with Network and it works perfectly I tried to restore to a last known setting didn t help I did it both via the list after hitting F and within safemode I played around with some account settings and now have it so I don t have to type in a password when logging in I tried booting up again and now I m stuck on the quot Windows Welcome quot screen Its terrible I ve done virus and adware scans Nothing has helped Right now I don t know what else to do I m not sure if I have the actual WinXP MCE CD I have to search for it but I m fairly sure it did not ship out with the computer Obviously the next step would be to reload Windows and hope it repairs the problem Otherwise I will obviously have to reformat Basically I m looking for any suggestions other than those two that may solve this problem My computer settings should be listed below Any other information required I d be happy to share Thank you in advanced nbsp

A:WinXP MCE '05: Stuck on "Windows Loading" Screen. Safe Mode works fine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-mce-05-stuck-on-windows-loading-screen-safe-mode-works-fine.553864/
Relevancy 98.47%

About an hour ago, websites are starting to load slower (not my internet) than they normally do, and the ones that do load eventually become unresponsive. It's so bad that I can't even load chrome://history or chrome://plugins without them becoming unresponsive (image here). On the other hand, Internet Explorer works perfectly fine. Websites on it load instantly and I can use it for more than five minutes without it becoming unresponsive, so it's obviously something on Chrome's side. I've restarted my PC and uninstalled/reinstalled Chrome and both doesn't help. I've removed all my extensions to see if they are the culprit, but they're not. This happened all of a sudden, and I haven't changed any settings in Chrome before or after all of this started happening.

A:Chrome keeps becoming "unresponsive", but IE works perfectly fine

Originally Posted by VHeroes

About an hour ago, websites are starting to load slower (not my internet) than they normally do, and the ones that do load eventually become unresponsive. It's so bad that I can't even load chrome://history or chrome://plugins without them becoming unresponsive (image here). On the other hand, Internet Explorer works perfectly fine. Websites on it load instantly and I can use it for more than five minutes without it becoming unresponsive, so it's obviously something on Chrome's side. I've restarted my PC and uninstalled/reinstalled Chrome and both doesn't help. I've removed all my extensions to see if they are the culprit, but they're not. This happened all of a sudden, and I haven't changed any settings in Chrome before or after all of this started happening.

Save your bookmarks, and uninstall it ..
Go here : Chrome Browser

for chrome 64Bit , run better+ faster ..

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/54191-chrome-keeps-becoming-unresponsive-but-ie-works-perfectly-fine.html
Relevancy 98.47%

So first off Pardon my English I (Maybe works DVI fine VGA *Windows "No :D) issue?* Signal", m not a native speaker I m "No DVI Signal", VGA works fine *Windows issue?* (Maybe :D) not sure if its better suited for Hardware or Windows forums So I will be posting it in both - No spam Intended - Both are kinda relevant Over the past year I ve been noticing an issue "No DVI Signal", VGA works fine *Windows issue?* (Maybe :D) some people had with arrival of windows and now it has struck me too Using DVI-DVI connection monitor works just fine until the windows Loads up after that it turns off saying quot no DVI signal quot When I switch to DVI-VGA through adapter it works fine Safemode loads without problems even on DVI-DVI I know its been posted a million times but no mentioned fixes work for me and I plan to give the most detailed description My first guess was a software fault so I went and did Full system recovery unnstalled the drivers and Installed newest version Worked for reboot After that I checked all connections opened the PC case cleaned and checked everything inside Worked for Reboot Quite depressed I decided to Format the whole thing and install new copy of Windows And once again it worked for one reboot after the drivers were installed Thats when first appeared quot purple lines quot - The ones nVidia cards do before dying Since I was using MSI GTX at that time The faulty ones I figured that it was only a graphics card going dead Wrong Again After Installing driver for my replacement card MSI R problem reappeared My next guess I was only guessing at this point D was Faulty EDID on my Asus VW T monitor After checking EDID stored in Windows registries I was nearly sure that s it Absolute non-sense all EDID were out of display range for my monitor I have no idea why it has stored EDID files for DVI for VGA since the monitor has only one VGA and one DVI input Just to be sure I tried it with older PC I was fixing for friend of mine and got the same results I got the replacement monitor today Asus VE H hoping the issue would be resolved unfortunately its even more screwed up and will not work through DVI-DVI at all once again DVI-VGA works Fine Settings wise I tried nearly everything even Disabled EDID and manually set resolution and refresh rate Feeling kinda dumb I tried plugging it in my backup PC Wich I had to fix first cos I m lazy D with which it worked Fine Currently I m hoping to find at least a work-around using HDMI input and considering buying powerstrip even though I doubt it has to do anything with EDID So at the end I m left with different Graphics cards and monitors that refuse to work in the same manner with only common trait being Windows Ultimate -bit - Thats Why I have no idea where to post it D OTHER INFO AND SPECS Sometimes PC refuses to boot all together It starts up making the usual noise of quot ventilation quot which starts to die slowly off and stays on intensity instead of going back up to full strength If that happens PC is stuck and will not show boot logo - Works fine after quick restart no unplugging etc I would blame he power supply but If it refuses to boot I have no way of checking When booted up all values are normal I haven t look at possible solutions for that yet cos Im lazy and its not that important right now D Other to me available PC with monitor Issue had no such difficulties My PC - - years old now MSI P N SLI PLATINUM Motherboard Intel Q - older quadcore CPU MSI GTX - Replaced by MSI R GB DDR RAM x SATA RPM HDD - No RAID Windows Ultimate -bit The friends PC - A bit older MSI K NGM - Motherboard AMD Athlon Don t remember wich one Gainward nVidia gtx GB DDR RAM Single SATA RMP HDD Windows Ultimate -bit The quot WORKING quot PC MSI G TM-P Motherboard Intel Core duo MSI nVidia GTX GB DDR RAM Single SATA RPM HDD Windows Home -bit No Overclocking and No Windows Updates besides With my Internet connection it would Take years Any help would be appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-dvi-signal-vga-works-fine-windows-issue-maybe-d-660639.html
Relevancy 98.04%

My PC with windows 7 is the only computer with issues in the house. Ethernet works perfectly but wifi doesn't even when I don't have the ethernet hooked up. The wifi says it is connected but browsers, steam, and Itunes don't work. I have Bitdefender A/V and already tried uninstalling it, no change. I also uninstalled steam and Itunes with still no change. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the wireless adapter. I tried looking and I don't recall downloading or installing anything around the time the problem started. Before I try replacing the adapter itself, I was hoping for help here since I saw a very similar problem in another thread.

A:Internet connects but doesnt work on wifi, ethernet works fine

Bump
If there is any more info I can give to help you help me, please let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connects-but-doesnt-work-on-wifi-ethernet-works-fine.199827/
Relevancy 97.18%

My wifi signal is fine, but I've been getting a yellow ( "!" ) error msg over the wifi icon and losing connection every 5 minutes or so. Some quick background....... (Recently upgraded my dsl speed from ISP provider. Same modem and wifi router, but I did reset them a couple of weeks ago, but the wifi disconnecting just recently started.)

Anyway, just did a diagnosis, and it mentioned "DNS error".

The only thing I can figure is that I had at one point a couple weeks ago connected my ethernet cable to the laptop when having issues with resetting the modem. So under Control panel-network connections-change adapter settings, I disabled "local area connection" and the "wireless network connections 2 and 3" (whatever those are?).

Oddly, for the last 30 minutes hasn't been cutting out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Wifi signal fine, but getting ( "!" ) error msg and lost connection.

Quote: Originally Posted by Johnny6

My wifi signal is fine, but I've been getting a yellow ( "!" ) error msg over the wifi icon and losing connection every 5 minutes or so. Some quick background....... (Recently upgraded my dsl speed from ISP provider. Same modem and wifi router, but I did reset them a couple of weeks ago, but the wifi disconnecting just recently started.)

Anyway, just did a diagnosis, and it mentioned "DNS error".

The only thing I can figure is that I had at one point a couple weeks ago connected my ethernet cable to the laptop when having issues with resetting the modem. So under Control panel-network connections-change adapter settings, I disabled "local area connection" and the "wireless network connections 2 and 3" (whatever those are?).

Oddly, for the last 30 minutes hasn't been cutting out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Johnny6,

Welcome to Seven forums.

Please let us know if there are other wireless devices on the same network and do they work correctly or not.

Also, have you tried updating the wireless drivers for your system or not. Kindly update your system specs here by following this.

Check the system under safe mode with networking and let us know:

Safe Mode

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/314710-wifi-signal-fine-but-getting-error-msg-lost-connection.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi there,

I'm running Windows XP on a Dell Inspiron E1505. I have DSL and a Belkin WiFi router.

WiFi (which seems to work best when not in the same room as the router for some reason) works. It's a security-enabled connection, etc.

The problem is when I try to connect the "landline" from my router (or the DSL modem) to my Ethernet card. This used to work brilliantly... for larger downloads, I would just connect to the landline and all was well.

Now, when I connect the cable, it acquires a network address, etc., even gives me a connection speed, but when I open my browser, it sticks with WiFi. If I disable the WiFi, it won't find any Web page. Even if I restart, it still says the ethernet card is connected via the cord but it won't get online.

Am I missing a setting? Any and all help appreciated. Thanks!

Relevancy 95.03%

Hello I've been having this issue recently On my laptop the wifi works fine and then a little while later it can't connect at all it looks like it's connected then disconnects and then tries connect again etc All the other devices connected to the router is fine only mine is the problem I tried looking at device manager the Intel Centrino Advanced-N is enabled updated and in the properties it says that the device is working properly The problem does go away temporarily when I turn off the router wait a little and then turn it back on but soon afterwards I continue to have connecting issues Here's the info Is this a wired or wireless connection issue Wireless Who is your Internet Service Provider ISP Verizon What type of Broadband connection are you using Fios What is the exact Make and Model of your Modem Router or Modem Router Combo - Linksys D-Link Netgear TP-LINK etc Router Actiontec Not totally sure What is the Name of the Anti-Virus Security or Firewall Software installed from the problematic Avast Ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name User-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N Physical Address C - - - - F-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d f f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday August AM Lease Expires Tuesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server can't connect. a works fine of Wifi sudden then It issues. all DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - Wifi issues. It works fine then all of a sudden can't connect. - - -BF-C - - - - Wifi issues. It works fine then all of a sudden can't connect. -DC DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address C - - Wifi issues. It works fine then all of a sudden can't connect. - - -DC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e c e f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday August AM Lease Expires Tuesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -BF-C - - - - -DC DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C - - - - F-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap home Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap B E - DA - E A-A C- E B E B EE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c e e f fef Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe e e f fef Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Wirrus Wifi info http i imgur com dX b IW png JWZDQ is the router

A:Wifi issues. It works fine then all of a sudden can't connect.

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Thanks for using the basic requirements, all info provided were very helpful. Your Xirrus capture looks good, no issue there, however, I see that in your wireless connection you're using Public DNS, why not change the DNS'es to auto same as your LAN DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1. You'll have to click on Obtain DNS address automatically....Please follow this Tutorial.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...cp-ip-settings

Also, it's best to use WPA2 with AES encryption for a better secured network, you're currently using WEP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/300927-wifi-issues-works-fine-then-all-sudden-cant-connect.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 94.6%

I have gotten blue screen of death and i'm just trying to find things that could be wrong. i stumbled across this unknown file in my device manager, and it is saying unknown and not allowing me to update the driver, Hoping anyone can help. I use a Belkin wireless router, but i have my internet through an Ethernet cord into my computer.
Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/380893-other-devices-wifi-router-ethernet-switch-unkown.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Here at work, for some months, I've been connected to my company's LAN by ethernet cable, and I could also connect to the WiFi in our office (run by our joint venture partner company). All that would happen is that as soon as I connected to the WiFi, that network became my "primary" one, i.e. if I went to check my external IP, it would be the WiFi one that would show up, and I'd have trouble connecting Outlook, etc, since my PC now thought I was on a different network).

The last few days, however, I can't connect to the WiFi at all. It finds the network, but constantly just says "Waiting For Network". However if I pull the ethernet cable out of the PC (i.e. disconnect from my company's LAN), I can them connect to the WiFi no bother.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 94.17%

Good afternoon I'm hoping that someone may be able to help me with an unusual issue I am experiencing We have a swapping ethernet/wifi Network" between "Unidentified number of different laptops running Windows and all have the same issue The very first time a laptop is connected to the company network via Ethernet or WiFi lets assume we have connected by WiFi you receive the prompt to choose a network location After selecting swapping between ethernet/wifi "Unidentified Network" quot work quot the laptop can connect to the domain and everything works as expected Now if the WiFi on the laptop is switched off and the user try's to swapping between ethernet/wifi "Unidentified Network" use the Ethernet connection the Ethernet adapter reports a quot Unidentified Network quot The only way to get the Ethernet adapter to discover the domain is swapping between ethernet/wifi "Unidentified Network" to disable the WiFi adapter completely which our users cannot do as they do not have Admin permissions on our systems Anyone had and similar issues or heard of anything like this Any help would be gratefully received

A:swapping between ethernet/wifi "Unidentified Network"

I suspect but this may be dependent on the hardware/firmware in the laptops that they are only able to use a single adaptor, in other words they don't have dual port capabilities, sometimes if they have a power save active it will only allow 1 port, you really need to check the laptop model specs.
Have you tried to plug in and connect with a Ethernet and once you have established a connection try the wifi link,
As for not having permission can your IT not allow that specific permission.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/252604-swapping-between-ethernet-wifi-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I usually use the internet in 3 locations on my laptop and till a few days back the laptop would connect fine to all 3 wifi networks. However, out of the blue my laptop stopped connecting to the wifi at location A and B, and still connects fine at location C. Other laptops and phones still connect fine to the wifi at location A and B, there's been no change in the software on my laptop since before the problem and I've run a system restore too to back when it was working, with no luck. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the adapter driver, also cleared my saved network locations and tried to connect again. Any other suggestions?

A:Error "Windows was unable to connect to ABC" when trying to connect to ABC wifi.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-abc-when-trying-to-connect-to-abc-wifi.1127486/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi guys - setting up computers in my new home and have got the wifi working fine with my BT connect wifi Router to Ethernet Cannot via BTHub3 but Wireless works - Home Hub router works for laptops mobile devices etc Have been trying to connect via Ethernet for a laptop and home pc for a faster more reliable connection but it doesn't seem to be working When plugged in the Network and Sharing Centre simply displays the loading blue circle with 'identifying' but no network access When clicking on the Local Area Connection Status both IPv and IPv connectivity state no network access but I can't seem to find Cannot connect via Ethernet to BTHub3 Wireless Router - but wifi works any hardware problems on the laptop The same issue occurs for other laptops at home and I know my laptop works with Ethernet at work Running ipconfig all shows that DHCP is enabled I checked this on the properties tab for the IPvs autoconfiguration is enabled I can add in a copy and paste of the whole ipconfig all if that's helpful - 'media disconnected' shows for Tunnel adapters but I don't really understand what they are If anyone could help at all I'd be really grateful

A:Cannot connect via Ethernet to BTHub3 Wireless Router - but wifi works

Could be that the router is only set to wifi.
go to your router setting page open it (192.168.0.1) check the settings there,
password is probably admin if you havn't changed it, please do change it if you havn't.

Or plan B reset the router

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/377034-cannot-connect-via-ethernet-bthub3-wireless-router-but-wifi-works.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Ok first off I would just like to say that this is my first thread post on with access cant I wifi or point" adapter "Problem to connect wireless this forum so sorry if I have done something wrong or am missing vital information My problem is that I am trying to connect to my college campus's wireless "Problem with wireless adapter or access point" I cant connect to wifi internet I will give more specific details in a bit Basically I was watching YouTube before going to class and shut down my PC before I left I was "Problem with wireless adapter or access point" I cant connect to wifi connected to the internet then and it was working fine When I got back is when I started getting problems I booted up my computer as I usually do but instead of automatically connecting to my school's network it didn't connect at all When I go down to the wifi signal on the bottom right and choose the network and hit connect it fails This is what it reads quot Windows was unable to connect to network name quot I have tried going to Control Panel - gt Network and Internet - gt Network Connections and disabling and enabling everything and that did not work I should also tell you that all the devices in this window have a red quot X quot next to them I also tried all of Windows quot troubleshooting problems quot What I don't get is that my phone connects just fine as well as everyone else on campus I'm getting a bit frustrated because I am quite knowledgeable when it comes to computers and this sort of thing I even custom built my own desktop at home Here are the specs of the laptop I am having trouble with Operating System Windows Ultimate x CPU Intel Core i - MQ ghz RAM gb Not sure if you need this info but these are all of my quot Network Adapters quot Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Bluetooth Device RFCOMM Protocol TDI Intel R Dual Band Wireless-AC Killer e PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Please let me know if you need any extra information and I will try and add it as soon as possible Thanks for any and all help - John

A:"Problem with wireless adapter or access point" I cant connect to wifi

Quote:
Network Connections and disabling and enabling everything and that did not work. I should also tell you that all the devices in this window have a red "X" next to them.

Can we get a screen shot? I know what you mean but a pic would be nice.
In the meantime uninstall all the devices from device manager and let windows find them again. (you don't have to remove the driver for now)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/343314-problem-wireless-adapter-access-point-i-cant-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 89.87%

First, please forgive me if this is formatted oddly- I am typing this on my Blackberry.

For the past few months, I have been accessing the internet with my laptop's wifi through my neighbor's password-protected network (with his permission). I also sometimes go online using another neighborhood network which does NOT have a security key.

As of today, I can view networks and connect to both of these (as well as others), but I can't get online. I get the "No Internet access" message when I connect to any network.

When I go to the command prompt and type ipconfig /all, I get this for IPv4 address: 192.168.1.9(Preferred) and I cannot successfully ping any ip addresses.

I have rebooted already and renewed my network adaptor. Any other suggestions would be very welcome. Thank you!

A:WIN7: Can connect to networks via WiFI, but get "No Internet Access"

Oh, and when I run the automatic troubleshooter it says, "Your DNS server might be unavailable."

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/204059-win7-can-connect-networks-via-wifi-but-get-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I have a new Toshiba Portege. It successfully connects to 2 wifi connections but will not connect to a third (my home). I have other laptops connected successfully to my home network right now. So, the problem is specific to this machine and this network.

When I run an Intel diagnostic tool (Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility) I get a failure at the "association test". [Trying to figure out how to post a screen shot. I'll post it when I do.

Thanks for any help.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6038 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, -1984 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 701016 MB, Free - 594414 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, PORTEGE R935
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 89.44%

Hi I am having trouble connecting to the internet while in public places such as a coffeehouse At home in hotels and at the airport I have not run into any problems However recently in three different locations I have attempted to get online using the available public wifi at coffeehouses In each case I was able to connect to the network however I was unable to connect to the internet When I opened the quot Network and Sharing Center quot the first icon was a computer and was labeled quot owner PC quot the second icon was another computer and was labled Primary Using "Cannnot Connect Public DNS" WiFi: to quot identifying quot and there was a red x on the line that would connect me last icon an image of the world which was labled as quot internet quot In Using Public WiFi: "Cannnot Connect to Primary DNS" addition my access was listed as quot local access quot When I tried to resolve the issue I got the dreaded quot cannot connect to primary DNS quot message I spent an hour and a half testing recommendations from this site and others to no avail I also changed my LAN settings to automatically detect One thing that I did notice is that when I connected to the network at each location none of them gave me the option to designate the location as home work or public Any ideas on what may be causing me trouble and what I can do to mitigate I did look at my McAfee settings but did not want to expose myself too much Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Compal F CND K Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Using Public WiFi: "Cannnot Connect to Primary DNS"

Try using Google Public DNS.

Or, OpenDNS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-public-wifi-cannnot-connect-to-primary-dns.961101/
Relevancy 88.58%

I read a bunch of previous threads on this but none really fit my problem A long story here but for the time being I am having to use my mobile data connection for internet access When I try to connect to the USB tethering I have to go in to the adapter settings and enable and disable and re-enable the adapter about times before it recognizes the USB When trying to connect to a wifi it's click connect on the phone connection which shows up fine wait until it says not connected and click connect again about or times Using either the USB or wifi it mobile "connect Another wifi" to question will connect eventually I have tried different phones and it's the same thing on all three So I would think the problem is Another "connect to mobile wifi" question in my The last time my internet went out and I tried to use the mobile wifi which I've had saved on my pc for over a year all I had to do was turn the phone hotspot on and the pc Another "connect to mobile wifi" question connected immediately within to seconds now it's taking almost minutes every time no matter which type connection I use I have made sure every thing on the pc and the phones are updated What I don't understand is I connected one time and it worked perfect just like any other connection then the next time it wouldn't It's either a hardware or software problem I have tried to make sure both are working correctly and as far as I can find the pc is showing no problems Any ideas what could be going on here or what I might try Thanks Robby

A:Another "connect to mobile wifi" question

Might help to know specs like computer/adapter/wifi router/phone, etc.

Have you run the troubleshooter when connected?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/65913-another-connect-mobile-wifi-question.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi everyone, this morning I turned on the PC to do the usual stuff but I could not connect to my internet with the error "Unidentified Network - Limited". After trying to troubleshoot my ethernet I get the error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". After troubleshooting didn't work I took to the web. I literally tried every solution I found... to no avail. This brings me to extra frustration since I only built my PC last thursday.

System Specs: CPU; AMD A6-6400K
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-F2A75M
RAM: Kingston 8GB
Storage: 2x 1tb WD Blue
GPU; Gigabyte GTX 650
PSU: Corsair 600w
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95
Case: Corsair 200r
Operating system: Windows 8

IPConfig /all: (Will get when I find something to transfer over the info)

A:"Unidentified Network - Limited" and "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-limited-and-ethernet-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-configuration.1113621/
Relevancy 88.15%

I have a Dell Studio with Vista and Wifi capability I ve had the computer for a year and a half and I ve never ethernet wirelessly, connect Solved: Wifi working, suddenly but wont stopped works had a major problem with wireless connection before Any problem has been purely because of a low connection strength or because I was in a classroom I m a college student in which multiple people were trying to Solved: Wifi suddenly stopped working, wont connect wirelessly, but ethernet works connect at once Eventually it always worked I was home for the weekend and connected to my primary wireless connection and all of a sudden I lost connection and could not reconnect I tried restarting and shutting off both the computer and wireless router I tried resetting the wireless router I tried turning on and off the Wifi button on my computer Still cannot connect I plugged in an ethernet cable into my internet directly from the router and it runs fine that is how I am on the internet on my laptop at the moment I will not always have access to an ethernet cable when I go back to school later today and I have a project I need to research so I m kind of in a rush to get this figured out Also it s just so much easier connecting wireless and obviously I d like this fixed Anyway I read up on other people s similar problem and I don t know if I changed something or messed up but now whenever i click to view Wireless Connections the router for my house has a red x next to it and says quot The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network quot Even before it said that I could not connect And it used to have full signal strength It would say it can t connect and I could either view other connections and or try again or diagnose the problem If hit to view others I would try again to no avail If I hit diagnose it would say that there may be a problem with the wireless internet or something like that and then there would be three options two of them to plug in set up a LAN connection and a third to quot view troubleshooting for low wireless connections quot but I ve tried the last option before and all of those steps even though I know the connection is strength I know a little about computers but not a lot especially with internet connections If you need me to find out any information or post anything else that would help let me know Any help would be greatly appreciated I really need this fixed ASAP so please let me know Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Wifi suddenly stopped working, wont connect wirelessly, but ethernet works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-suddenly-stopped-working-wont-connect-wirelessly-but-ethernet-works.883599/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi, I'm a forum virgin so please be gentle with me.

I have a desktop and laptop sharing files and an internet connection via modem to D-Link router setup.

My laptop connects to the network via a Netgear PCMCIA wireless card when mobile and via an ethernet cable when sitting on the desk.

The wireless connection does everything it's supposed to do (network and internet access and sharing).

The ethernet connection only shares files but can not get an internet connection to be established.

I have Norton Internet Security but I think everything's alright with that otherwise I wouldn't be able to connect wirelessly. Correct? Are there different IP setup's for wireless/ethernet.

Why can I 'see' my desktop's files and share the printer via ethernet but I can't establish an internet connection unless I go wireless?

Everything's fine with the desktop.

Sorry for the ramble and thanks in anticipation.

A:Wireless fully works, Ethernet works for network but not for internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-fully-works-ethernet-works-for-network-but-not-for-internet.642157/
Relevancy 87.29%

My internet works, but when I want to connect my wireless I can't. The modem TWC gave me is Arris Touchstone DOCSIS 3.0 Gateways. I try even with my D-link router but nothing.
My Laptop is Sony Vaio E Series, SVE15112FXS , Windows 7
What to do?

A:Internet works fine but I can"t have wireless

Please use this tool to post all the files here will have a look

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/295573-internet-works-fine-but-i-can-t-have-wireless.html
Relevancy 86.86%

In Control Panel Network and Internet WiFi Network Won't "Connect" Network Connections there quot WiFi quot is 'not connected' with a big WiFi Network Won't "Connect" red X When I right click on that icon a menu comes up saying Disable nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WiFi Network Won't "Connect" nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WiFi Network Won't "Connect" nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Connect Disconnect in bold letters nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Status nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Diagnose etc Disable works and then so does Enable but 'Connect' does absolutely nothing nbsp Please help me re-connect this Qualcomm Atheros adapter

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/57c3d549-328c-48b4-82d6-3f6524f00d4e/wifi-network-wont-quotconnectquot?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello I have an Asus Netbook P running Windows SP with Internet Explorer I am often but not always experiencing the following issue When I attempt to connect to Wifi at a caf the quot Wireless Network Connection quot for the Network shows quot Connected quot yet there is no café a Network although also - get No I When "connected" - Access" connecting at Internet "Unidentified to wifi Internet access Placing the nbsp pointer over the Connection icon in When connecting to wifi at a café - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" the Notification Area displays quot Unidentified Network No Internet Access quot The network in question always has an SSID shown in the Wireless Network Connection list This issue occurs whether I am running only the Windows firewall or am only running the firewall that I prefer which is Comodo For antivirus I have Avast Pro with its quot web shield quot currently disabled and so far as this issue When connecting to wifi at a café - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" is concerned it makes no difference whether this Avast component is enabled or disabled or When connecting to wifi at a café - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" whether I disable all Avast Shields When this issue occurs there are often other customers in the caf nbsp connected to the caf wifi and also using the Internet I have to ask the caf to reset or turn off and then turn back on their router nbsp yet other customers do not have to do this to get Internet connection This is the issue at whatever caf to whose Wifi I attempt to connect Please help with a solution to this issue Regards Robert

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d18050f-7c31-4f0f-92d1-8039e0225061/when-connecting-to-wifi-at-a-caf-although-quotconnectedquot-i-also-get-quotunidentified?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello I have an Asus Netbook P running Windows SP get - Network wifi get a also "connected" I connecting to - Access" "Unidentified café Internet Although I When No at with Internet Explorer I am often but not always experiencing the When connecting to wifi at a café - Although I get "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" following issue When I attempt to connect to Wifi at a caf the quot Wireless Network Connection quot for the Network shows quot Connected quot yet there When connecting to wifi at a café - Although I get "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" is no Internet access Placing the nbsp pointer over the Connection icon in the Notification Area displays quot Unidentified Network No Internet Access quot The network in question always has an SSID shown in the Wireless Network Connection list This issue occurs whether I am running only the Windows firewall or am only running the firewall that I prefer which is Comodo For antivirus I have Avast Pro with its quot web shield quot currently disabled and so far as this issue is concerned it makes no difference whether this Avast component is enabled or disabled or whether I disable all Avast Shields When this issue occurs there are often other customers in the caf nbsp connected to the caf wifi and also using the Internet I have to ask the caf to reset or turn off and then turn back on their router nbsp yet other customers do not have to do this to get Internet connection This is the issue at whatever caf to whose Wifi I attempt to connect Please help with a solution to this issue Regards Robert

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d18050f-7c31-4f0f-92d1-8039e0225061/when-connecting-to-wifi-at-a-caf-although-i-get-quotconnectedquot-i-also-get-?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi there
This is an IE only issue.
Every time I go to intranet in IE - on first request IE shows "Please come back later" - refreshing works fine - how to fix so it shows on first request
Any help on fixing this will be appreciated.
Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4f2bc333-5681-4ed9-8ce7-8df880e5db66/every-time-i-go-to-intranet-in-ie-on-first-request-ie-shows-quotplease-come-back-laterquot-?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 86.43%

The last week or so I have noticed that if I try to highlight a number of folders files at once by clicking somewhere and quot dragging quot it's very choppy laggy Same thing noticed when I click on a folder with files in it The folder will open but the XP "just Windows some "slow", others - fine"... operations files quot in quot the folder don't display until sometimes - seconds later This is purely WITHIN Windows itself YET when I use Photoshop and click quot Open quot and can do the very same thing there - things are LIGHTENING QUICK I don't get this Windows XP - some operations "slow", others "just fine"... I have never had this problem before I realize one may not be able to quot solve the problem quot per say but anyone at least have any ideas as to where to start looking I've done the virus mal-spy-ware checks defrag'd tested my RAM all tests came out fine Checked my video card settings even turned my Index Service back ON didn't make a difference I just don't get why it's only doing it quot within quot Windows XP - some operations "slow", others "just fine"... Windows but yet if I Windows XP - some operations "slow", others "just fine"... try to search folders files within PROGRAMS ie Photoshop Lightroom MS Word etc it's quick and fast as it should be For reference too the rest of the PC is fine when I do photo work in Photoshop Adobe Lightroom doing audio work in Adobe Audition or am playing games the machine keeps right up - so I don't think it's a memory issue HELP This is driving me up the wall

A:Windows XP - some operations "slow", others "just fine"...

Try changing the default view to "List", if it isn't already.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-some-operations-slow-others-just-fine-418456.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello

My Brand new Laptop: Lenovo g505 after upgrading it to windows 8.1 from MS Apps store now i am not able to connect to internet i get "limited" or "No Internet Access". i have tried to re install the driver no luck

Lenovo support suggests to do factory rest but i dont want to go back to windows 8

Does anyone else has any other idea on how to fix this issue ?
Thank you very much

A:Windows 8.1 Wifi showing "limited" or "No Internet Access"

Try rebooting the router & modem. Usually limited connection, means that the compute has failed to communicate properly with the Wireless Access Point, or wired router connection.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/41257-windows-8-1-wifi-showing-limited-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 81.7%

I searched the forum for tutorials on how to change these two icons (see pictures),
but couldn't find any, so if anyone have the reg key location for the icons please let me know.

Thanks in Advance

A:Change Start Menu "Run" & "Connect to" icons

What are you trying to do? Its hard to find tuts from pics.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/112425-change-start-menu-run-connect-icons.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi all this originally started with an issue with the wireless I recently installed a D-Link DIR- wireless router and did computer only" "local with Vista had with "local ethernet only" access wireless, now a basic setup giving it WPA security My Vista computer originally was able to connect to the router with Internet and before that to the modem directly with Ethernet but it was infected by the Vista Security virus which I removed after following some steps and MBAM Since then it can no longer connect to the wireless network so I Googled the issue and did a few things - Norton Remover - In command prompt ipconfig and netsh some commands that reset refreshed IP DNS or something along those lines - Going to wireless settings and disabling ipV - Going to wireless setting and manually giving it an IP Default Gateway DNS Vista computer had "local only" access with wireless, now "local only" with ethernet according to the specs that I found by using ipconfig on my working Windows laptop - Updating the Atheros driver to version Somewhere along the way I must ve nipped something important somewhere because now the Vista machine doesn t connect to the internet wirelessly NOR with the Ethernet cable attached Vista computer had "local only" access with wireless, now "local only" with ethernet The icon in the lower right hand corner shows that the machine sees the router but with Local Access only I ve done an ipconfig all with the machine and here are the results this is with ethernet attached Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name HomePC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - B- A- E- A DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - F- - F-D - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cc c bf a c b cbf Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CF B -A - C B- DA-FC A D br CD Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AA -A C- F-AFBB-DC F br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F AFB E -A E - B-A B -A B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Conn... Read more

A:Vista computer had "local only" access with wireless, now "local only" with ethernet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-computer-had-local-only-access-with-wireless-now-local-only-with-ethernet.1031986/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi,
I am hoping you can help me with my problem.
My main laptop (Sony Vaio VPCCB15FG) in the last week just stopped accessing the internet via WiFi.
It says it has Limited Acess but I have no idea how to fix it.

The other 3 computers in the house (Custom desktop, Toshiba Net book, Samsung Laptop) can all access the internet as normal.

It is only the Sony that is being problomatic.
It is also running rather slow for the spec so that may be related.

Please help! I am not super computer savy so please give simple instructions.

Cheers

GTNeil

A:Sony Vaio Laptop "stopped" connecting to WiFi connection " Limited acc

Hi,

My name is Riyaz and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.

I May be able to provide you with a Resolution. Please post the Specifications of this computer. Mainly the Wireless Card and the Type of Operating System your using.

Regards
Riyaz

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/236639-sony-vaio-laptop-stopped-connecting-wifi-connection-limited-acc.html
Relevancy 80.41%

So I've been using this router Belkin N wireless router F D - v for a while now and It hasn't had problems most of the time and I've been using it fine with my DSL modem My mother connects with her Nook tablet my father with his laptop and sometimes my phone and no problems Until the other day when I randomly went to go on my computer I had no internet connection so I have IP not help ""Ethernet" a does config" valid Reset modem and router like I always ""Ethernet" does not have a valid IP config" help do still nothing Tried windows trouble shooting and gave me this ""Ethernet" does not have a valid IP config" help message quot quot quot quot Ethernet quot does not have a valid IP config quot I unplugged my Ethernet cable from my modem to the router and directly connected it from modem to computer and everything works fine and doesn't randomly lag out like before Could my router have become faulty or did somehow the settings messed up for my router and I have to manually put ip addresses somewhere Help please

A:""Ethernet" does not have a valid IP config" help

I suggest:
Go to Belkin website and check if they have new firmware update. If so, update it.Open the elevated command prompt and type ipconfig /flushdns then type ipconfig /renew

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/23669-ethernet-does-not-have-valid-ip-config-help.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Version of IE Internet Explorer Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium SP What you have tried Nothing Windows is fully updated Virus definitions updated I don't know what else to do except cursing this stupid program each time it happens What the problem is IE stops working everytime I shut it down Give detail explaining your problem Everytime a page has not been fully loaded and if I close the page quot X quot it before down IE7 everytime working" page "Stops it's shut fully loads will display a popup quot Windows Explorer has Stop Working and needs to shut down quot quot A problem caused the program to stop working correctly Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available quot The most annoying thing is that all the current browser pages inter-related to the page that I closed and has now quot stopped working quot will also quot stop working quot and shut down It's very very IE7 "Stops working" everytime it's shut down before page fully loads annoying and irritating for me Must I wait till every single darn thing IE7 "Stops working" everytime it's shut down before page fully loads is loaded in a page before I can close it This doesn't happen in WinXP IE If you get any error message please post them quot Windows Explorer has Stop Working and needs to shut down quot quot A IE7 "Stops working" everytime it's shut down before page fully loads problem caused the program to stop working correctly Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available quot

A:IE7 "Stops working" everytime it's shut down before page fully loads

most of the ie7 users today are getting many problems related to browsing..i also used to get many problems wid my iexplorer...but i switched to free and secure mozilla..
your internet explorer is infected with malware which your anti virus cannot occasionally find and fix..run "hijack this"..google it and download the latest version and post it into the forum..we will see whats the problem..before scanning with hijack this clear all ur temporary folders including temp internet files and everything..and post ur hijack this log here..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie7-stops-working-everytime-its-shut-down-before-page-fully-loads-301058.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello,
I’mdisparate need of help. I just have Dell Inspiron N5110 without OS. I installedW7 32 bits on it and after I finished the installation and restart and blue screenappears with an error message "the bios in this system is not fully ACPIcompliant". Can anybody help me. I have tons of work to do. I reallyregret buying this dell inspiron n5110.

A:"the bios in this system is not fully acpi compliant" on win7 32 bits

hi,
     I have the same problem with dell inspiron when i did the installation for win7 32\64 bit after installation when it starts loading window i get the msg with blue screen " The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant.  "
it works only in win XP but i dont need win xp so please help me.............

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19430879
Relevancy 79.98%

I would like to have windows explorer open with all drives showing and with c:\Program Files fully expanded (as if the + next to Program Files were clicked) in the left pane.

I am currently using the target, "%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /n, /e, C:\Program Files\Agent" which expands Program Files only to the extent that Agent is highlighted and expanded. How can I get it to open with all program files visible in the left pane? I must need another switch but don't know what it is or where to put it in the sequence.

A:Open windows explorer with "Program Files" fully expanded?

Try /ROOT or /SELECT

Syntax:

Option Function
---------------------------------------------------------------------- /n Opens a new single-pane window for the default
selection. This is usually the root of the drive that Windows is installed on. If the window is already open, a duplicate opens.

/e Opens Windows Explorer in its default view.

/root,<object> Opens a window view of the specified object.

/select,<object> Opens a window view with the specified folder, file,
or program selected.

Examples
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Example 1: Explorer /select,C:\TestDir\TestProg.exe
Opens a window view with TestProg selected.

Example 2: Explorer /e,/root,C:\TestDir\TestProg.exe
Opens Explorer with drive C expanded and TestProg selected.

Example 3: Explorer /root,\\TestSvr\TestShare
Opens a window view of the specified share.

Example 4: Explorer /root,\\TestSvr\TestShare,select,TestProg.exe
Opens a window view of the specified share with TestProg selected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-windows-explorer-with-program-files-fully-expanded.520413/
Relevancy 79.98%

I am not blue [SOLVED] now not &quot;BIOS compliant&quot; ACPI get screen of nowhere, Out fully a novice with computers I've been programming and repairing PCs since the s but this one has got me stumped It's the craziest thing I've ever seen The computer is a [SOLVED] Out of nowhere, now get &quot;BIOS not fully ACPI compliant&quot; blue screen pretty old HP Pavilion C It's got a MHz Pentium Yes I know this this is pre-historic I was just doing this for kicks to see how well it could handle Windows A few days ago I put a GB hard drive in it wiped it and installed a fresh copy of Windows Ultimate It worked absolutely perfectly for days Then last night I found an extra MB PC- SDRAM stick in a box of old parts I have I used it to bump [SOLVED] Out of nowhere, now get &quot;BIOS not fully ACPI compliant&quot; blue screen up the RAM in the Pavilion from MB to MB I turned the machine back on at first [SOLVED] Out of nowhere, now get &quot;BIOS not fully ACPI compliant&quot; blue screen it seems all is fine It POSTed registered all MB of RAM and in the middle of booting back into Windows CRASH It gives me a blue screen of death STOP x A quot The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant Please contact your vender for an updated BIOS quot As far as I know there is nothing about changing RAM size that could possibly break the ACPI compatibility of a BIOS Even so I shut it down again and put the previous stick of RAM back on the motherboard At this point it's the exact same configuration as before when Windows was running fine on it for days Turned it back on and it STILL crashes with that stop error At this point I think well the BIOS is from Maybe there's some intermittent ACPI bug in it So I downloaded the most recent BIOS update for the system from HP's site and flashed it No problems with the flashing it worked fine The BIOS is now up-to-date but it's still s tting bricks and throwing this blue screen every time I try to boot Windows Does anybody have any idea what could possibly causing something this issue I tinkered with various settings in the BIOS nothing helps I now have all of the setings identical to what they were before which Win worked perfectly with until now I'm stumped this makes no sense whatsoever to me It won't even allow me to boot into the Windows setup DVD the very same one I used earlier to install and use it on here in the first place Crashes with the same stop error

A:[SOLVED] Out of nowhere, now get &quot;BIOS not fully ACPI compliant&quot; blue screen

You should only use RAM that is in matched pairs with the installed RAM. See if this helps: "Stop 0x000000A5 the ACPI BIOS in the system is not fully compliant with the ACPI specification" error message when the computer resumes from hibernation

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-out-of-nowhere-now-get-and-quot-bios-not-fully-acpi-compliant-and-quot-blue-screen-694714.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I'm having a hard time removing Ubuntu so my question is, if I reset my Windows 8 with "Fully clean the drive" option in the reset my PC mode, will it remove all Ubuntu partitions, Grub etc.?

A:Does "Fully clean drive" option removes all Ubuntu related

Yes, and depending on the size of the drive - it will take a long while..

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/66152-does-fully-clean-drive-option-removes-all-ubuntu-related.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Alright so a couple days ago i downloaded something i should nt have right after i did my computer went crazy I tried using my Norton and it removed two trojan horses two tracking cookies and some bloodhound virus rhing andi think that s it My computer is still slow pop ups from system tray say i have spyware I tried downloading adware and spybot hijack this i put my computer in safe mode ran both adware then spybot they took some stuff out im not sure what Need my to theats. "slow" trojan restore computer fully from help the hell or how to se hijack this Need help to fully restore my "slow" computer from trojan theats. and then took out safe mode The problems continue I also downloaded spyware doctor freeversion and it helps to block some stuff it made a scan that Need help to fully restore my "slow" computer from trojan theats. says i have threats and infections in my computer im scared and pissed the following infection things are - Trojan Popuper infections - Trojan PsGuard Desktop Hijacker infections - Trojan-Downloader Ruins infections - Adware WinFixer infections I kind of understand what these things are Spyware doctor explains the hide details and what these problems are I dont have Need help to fully restore my "slow" computer from trojan theats. the full spyware doctor only the things i ve said the adware thing spybot hijack this and norton im going crazy i just bought this hp laptop for very cheap but functional and i love it i use microsoft windows xp home edition im lost and confused obviously inexperienced i dont want to give up to some computer problem i want to learn from my mistakes and hopefully keep my computer clean now who can help me DUDE COMON Im new to this site but please if u need more info to help me contact me or reply to this or something i would greatly appreciate ur help thanks Junior Member Posts Join Date Oct Experience im inexperienced I ve been noticing hella people put there hijack this logs so here is mine Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS System atievxx exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor svcntaux exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdsvc exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmgr exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmon exe C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared VAScanner comHost exe C Documents and Settings Javier My Documents New Folder HiJackThis v exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer ... Read more

A:Need help to fully restore my "slow" computer from trojan theats.

Duplicate request - see here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-to-fully-restore-my-slow-computer-from-trojan-theats.643936/
Relevancy 79.98%

From power cycle or push-button reboot, I now fall into Windows Error Recovery screen, with options to

- Launch Startup Repair (recommended)
- Start Windows Normally

The first one goes to BSOD declaring "The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor for an updated BIOS."

The second one attempts a boot and either hits BSOD or comes back to the Error Recovery screen.

The system has been running for almost three years, no new software installed, though there is the occasional Acrobat or Java update or whatever. System Vendor (Lenovo) does not list an update for the BIOS.

Ugh. I can't think of any solutions that aren't a few full days of dealing with formatting disks and rebuilding the OS. Help!

A:BSOD at boot says "...not fully ACPI compliant" but worked before

I think you are facing a stop 0xA5, ACPI_BIOS_ERROR.

That is a problem relating to the BIOS, as a whole. But, depending on the parameters the generating cause may be different.

Can you post a camera snap of the blue screen so that we can see the parameters?

Also, boot into the BIOS, set it to default.

Finally, let us know which motherboard do you use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/357803-bsod-boot-says-not-fully-acpi-compliant-but-worked-before.html
Relevancy 79.98%

hey guys how can i fully open share my "Program Files(x86)" on the other network computer? i set-up the advance sharing to everyone with full control,change,and read, but still when i paste some file using network it saying that i need to be Administrator to do that action

A:fully control/share "Program Files(x86)" folder

Quote: Originally Posted by kentucky777

hey guys how can i fully open share my "Program Files(x86)" on the other network computer? i set-up the advance sharing to everyone with full control,change,and read, but still when i paste some file using network it saying that i need to be Administrator to do that action

You do need to be admin on both (and yes they are different). You also should not be in Program Files as that is solely for legacy for 32 bit apps, shouldnt be anything there that you need to change.
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130381-fully-control-share-program-files-x86-folder.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi, this is the first time I use anything like this... My problem is that my HP computer had the next error:

"NTLDR is compressed: press Ctrl+alt+del to restart", so I went looking for a way to fix it and I did the following:

"All you need to do is boot to the recovery console, and type the following commands, in order:

cd \
attrib -c ntldr
exit "

So, using the Windows Xp Upgrade Cd I did as I read, and now, my computer try to start and sends this message:

"The system is not fully installed. Please run setup again"

My question is, did I need to use the full version?? How do I fix it now??

Please help me!!!!

A:Windowx Xp Home Crisis "The system is not fully installed...?"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windowx-xp-home-crisis-the-system-is-not-fully-installed.386201/
Relevancy 79.55%

I'm Running Windows bit Home Premium fully updated On my laptop bit Windows quot Recent Items quot works properly showing all docs I've opened only no folders as it should be The taskbar Jumplists for each program also show recent docs opened in that program The quot Recent Places quot folder however is always empty nor do recent folders show on the Jumplists for folders Searching has turned up nothing useful but tells me I'm not the works, empty but "Recent PLACES" folder always "Recent ITEMS" only one with this issue What I've tried already sfc scannow making sure both the quot Store and display quot options in Taskbar and Start Menu Properties are checked making sure the reg key HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Shell Folders Recent points to the correct folder APPDATA Microsoft Windows Recent Items and that the folder itself is actually named quot Recent Items quot and not just quot Recent quot running a disk scan Safe mode Essentially it seems that documents opened are recorded but not folders I'm "Recent ITEMS" works, but "Recent PLACES" folder always empty stumped at this point Anyone know what's up with this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/recent-items-works-but-recent-places-folder-always-empty-895762.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello there Windows is booting normally until it get stuck on a blue screen not a BSOD boot won't 7601 "Windows fully and 7 not OS genuine" that says quot Windows not genuine quot on the bottom right corner Problem is Windows won't go anywhere from "Windows 7 7601 not genuine" and OS won't fully boot here I just can't do anything else except ctrl-alt-supp which just allows me to reboot As I can't get into Windows I can't do anything to solve the problem This problem occured after I got rid off my XP "Windows 7 7601 not genuine" and OS won't fully boot partition from a dual boot XP seven to keep only Seven I had to use windows recovery tool from my Home premium CD to repair start up after that of course as "Windows 7 7601 not genuine" and OS won't fully boot I had lost my boot information previously on XP When I finally got Seven to boot normally at least I thought it just hanged there on this beautiful blue screen with nothing else than this false statement about my OS not being genuine This is a genuine one that has been activated fro years and worked perfectly fine All I found on forums are people who seem to still get access to Windows and so figure out something with windows or cmd like slmgr rearm But I can't even try all that as windows doesn't want to load further I tried in quot safe mode quot but it didn't change anything Windows get stuck too Am I missing something Do I have to install it all over again Isn't there a way to solve this Sorry to bother but I'm really out of ideas Thank you

A:"Windows 7 7601 not genuine" and OS won't fully boot

Probably you will have to buy another drive, do a fresh install and retrieve your data via USB cable device. If you have no data you need to retrieve just format your drive and do a reinstall. That takes time, I know but computer owners have lots of time, right? The only dual boot system I have seen that can be easily removed and set up again is with Windows/Linux but even there, if you run any sort of boot modification like Disktrix where pagefile and MFT and other system files are moved, both systems get lost. Dual systems seem to be very sensitive to change. I think that is why many people would rather run a virtual machine than run a dual boot and it's kind of fun too running a system within a system. VMs can be loaded and unloaded at will with no untoward effects and the software is free.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/188942-windows-7-7601-not-genuine-os-wont-fully-boot.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I installed windows 7 and theirs no problem with it, but later I decided to downgrade my W7 to Wxp. When I install win xp when installation was in "Windows starting to set up" but later on something came up which says "ACPI Bios is not fully ACPI compliant"...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/401952-bsod-boot-says-not-fully-acpi-compliant.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Windows xp fully updated working perfectly except:

I click on the big green windows "start" button

I click on "run"

And absolutely nothing?

It's suddenly stopped working?

Any ideas anyone?

A:Windows xp fully updated working perfectly except: "RUN" don't!?

Is Windows activated and is it a legal copy ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-fully-updated-working-perfectly-except-run-dont-70712.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I realize that this topic has been posted before but none of the other ones fit my situation so I figured I would post my own in order to get a more tailored response Ok so I recently like hours ago did a System Restore of my HP Pavilion a c running Windows XP Service Pack because I was having major issues that could not be Help! Is Installed", edit can't "System Not registry! Fully resolved without restoring the system System restore went fine I created the new user info and everything but when it restarted into quot user partition quot after the usual startup screen with the windows flag scrolling bar it shows a black screen and an error message that says quot system is not fully installed quot I've looked up this problem on other sites and they all tell me I have to edit the registry So I opened up command prompt at startup at the system recovery screen and I did all the steps- but I can't find the lt windows system config gt file that all references Help! "System Is Not Fully Installed", can't edit registry! point me to I chose the C Drive from the drop-down list in regedit but all that's there is an empty Documents and Settings folder an empty RECOVERY folder and a MVM tmp file I chose a non-destructive system restore so all my data should still be intact but now I'm worried that since I can't even find the windows folder the whole thing was wiped clean I figured at this point I'm Help! "System Is Not Fully Installed", can't edit registry! better off disconnecting the HDD from my broken PC and trying to transfer my documents Help! "System Is Not Fully Installed", can't edit registry! movies music and photos to another working PC and just doing a clean wipe but is there ANYTHING else that I could do I'm really sorry I can't provide much more info but if you ask I might know EDIT And I'm not running Windows Media Player I know that that is often attributed to the quot system was not fully installed message quot

A:Help! "System Is Not Fully Installed", can't edit registry!

NEW EDIT

Okay, I was able to find the WINDOWS folder, and it seems my files are intact. However, the problem of there being no "system32" folder remains, prohibiting me from editing the registry. I'm going insane trying to figure this one out, so please help me out!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-system-is-not-fully-installed-cant-edit-registry-276384.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I am sitting here after plunking down dollars for a coffee and lunch and I cannot use their wireless internet but I ask a dozen other people connect to unable "SSID"" "Windows to was here if they cannot connect not single one is unable to connect When I try to connect I get a quot Windows was unable to connect to WaterStreet KZoo quot however both my android phone and Windows tablet connected with a breeze I did the "Windows was unable to connect to "SSID"" Windows troubleshooting and it reset my adapter but still cannot connect then it told me that to investigate wireless modem issues which I know is not it people with multiple devices plus two other of my devices work I tried every step mentioned in all these including uninstalling the driver and the winsock reset thing and it made no difference Fix Windows Was Unable to Connect to Selected Network - wireless networking - Windows was unable to connect to this network - Super User I cannot connect to a wi-fi network https social technet microsoft com tpronetworking when it comes to the ip release renew I get the following message quot no operation can be performed when media is disconnected quot which I tried every step in these urls made no difference either I get an error quot media disconnected quot when I try to renew the IP - Microsoft Community how can i fix this ERROR - renewing you IP address - IP Address - Wireless Networking ipconfig - no operation can be performed while it's media However I fired up my Android hotspot and even after the device uninstall reinstall where it has not a single WiFi network in memory it connected to my hotspot WiFi no questions asked

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/380888-windows-unable-connect-ssid.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I guess I must have inadvertantly changed a setting somewhere. I don't want to fish around and mess things up. Please help...

A:Link "hand" displays an "X" & won't connect

Please explain your problem a little better and please give details. What link displays an x?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/link-hand-displays-an-x-wont-connect.311233/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello, I'm interested in the following:

Connecting "Desktop" to other partition than Windows "C:", so if I drop files on DSKT for easy reuse and availability, they copy on, f.e., "D:" or other partition.

Any way to achieve this?

Thank you.

A:Connect "Desktop" to other partition than Windows "C:"?

I just go to the other partition or HDD, right-click the drive letter/icon and drag to the desktop choosing Create shortcut here. That works but it probably would be better to do the same with a Folder on the other drive. Dropping a file on the icon should copy or save it there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/356403-connect-desktop-other-partition-than-windows-c.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I can't open mail quot icon quot in control panel office Home and business amp windows fully patched nothing happens just a short slowdown then this error Have replicated the error on three different PC's including x fresh install VM's using x different install CD's I have also deleted the mail profile and try again and try to repair office Have also tried Try to run the command quot Control mlcfg cpl quot and quot Control mlcfg cpl quot this does nothing win bit office bit have tried both and This is the event log error Faulting application name rundll exe version time stamp x Faulting module name KERNELBASE dll version time stamp x b e Exception code xc d e Fault offset x eec Faulting process id xc c Faulting application start time x cf de eb ddf Faulting application path C Windows SysWOW rundll exe Faulting module path C Windows SYSTEM KERNELBASE dll Report Id e a d-a d - e - - d a Faulting package full name Faulting package-relative application ID Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/611d2e5d-eca0-4e7d-8d50-702c70b455aa/cant-open-mail-quoticonquot-in-control-panel-office-2013-windows-81-fully-patched?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 79.55%

Surface Pro 64bit 128 with the surface RT touch Keyboard...

1) Tablet recognises keyboard when plugged in
2) Trackpad works...
3) Keys make sound but no letters appear on screen
4) Monitor Keyboard works

Whyyyy??

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/24522-trackpad-works-but-keys-dont.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I've had this frustration since Windows XP and hoped they would fix it by 8, but they really haven't.

I'm an avid Windows Phone user, so my Microsoft Account is full of my contacts, and I'd love to be able to port them into my Contacts folder on Windows 8.

But unfortunately, it never seems to import user's pictures and a few other items, whereas on Outlook.com's People tab, it displays all content fully.

Is there a way to keep a backup of contacts from your Microsoft Account or is it only partial? I may be missing something, here...

A:"Contacts" still doesn't seem fully-featured...

Microsoft has always kept the contacts app in Windows very limited. They want people to upgrade to Outlook, and they want businesses to upgrade to MS CRM. If they made this app "fully featured" for free, many people might not buy their commercial products.

It would also piss off all the third party contact app developers.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/17368-contacts-still-doesnt-seem-fully-featured.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi all,
I had a Logitech MX Anywhere 2 mouse perfectly working on my Win7 machine. Unfortunately has been stolen and I had to buy a new one, same model. The problem is that Windows seems to "remember" the old one (same name...) and reload the driver instead
of install from zero. The result is that the mouse is recognized by the add bluetooth device procedure, but is not working. Obviously I've removed it and reinstalled several time, same results. The mouse is working properly on other Win7 machines. My impression
is that Windows recognize the model but wants to pair with the old Mac Address, but I don't know how/where fully remove the old device.

Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ba412627-c5ee-4f72-8e37-6eb782deb9e7/how-to-quotfullyquot-remove-bluetooth-mouse?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello all you experts! I recently had my computer fixed with hijack this and malware and superanti spyware because it was hanging. I now have this yellow exclamation point on the tray that says "your cumputer is not fully protected click here to fix this problem" so i do and then takes me to mcafee saying to click and fix errors I do and then each and everytime it runs a very long scan which then tells me items are either fixed or not its a crapshoot! also the machine here runs very slow again and for a good week after I fixed it it was fine now horrible again. thanks in advance...

Relevancy 79.12%

Trying to help a relative troubleshoot a Windows problem over the phone. He is running Windows XP and is getting "System is not fully installed, please run setup again." Upon restart it ends up with this message everytime.

He no longer has the original discs that came with the PC. Is this something easily fixed so I can walk him through the process? I am not a technician but have some basic knowledge of troubleshooting.

Any advice is appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-system-is-not-fully-installed.767291/
Relevancy 78.69%

I cannot connect to certain wireless networks.

- I can connect for example to wifi at my University or a public network such as The Cloud and even BT Open zone, all of these direct you to a page to logon - these work fine.
- I cannot connect to any other network, even if it is an Open network.
- I have endlessly searched Google and tried everything suggested on forums like this - however they were other peoples problems - this is the first time I have made a post.
- I have eventually caved and restored my laptop to Factory settings. The problem persists.

I have attached screen shots showing the exact problem and error messages.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

- Connecting via cable works fine - I am using that method now.

A:Cannot connect to Wifi network - "Identifying Network"

Shaun, firstly: welcome to Sevenforums!

May I suggest downloading Revo uninstaller: Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems and using it to remove your wireless driver and all bits of it. This is because the built in uninstaller doesn't often remove everything. Now go online (you mentioned connecting via LAN line works alright) and find your wireless adapter driver for your computer (should be on the manufacturer's website). Install it, enter the network password, and let me know if this solves the problem for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/205060-cannot-connect-wifi-network-identifying-network.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi all First of all I want to thank you guys in advance for putting your time and effort to solve my issue any Ethernet fine, works Wireless doesn't answer would be grateful to me My internet provider is At amp t and as I mentioned Wireless works fine, Ethernet doesn't in the title wireless internet works perfectly fine but Ethernet connection doesn t work on my desktop Currently I am using wireless adapter on my PC and it works just fine I tried disabling the wireless connection resetting the modem re installing the Ethernet driver and anything I can think of The odd thing is that my brother used Ethernet connection just fine with his desktop about three weeks ago with same router and same cable So I am assuming that my computer is the one with the problem but I can t figure it out why I m going to try out the different cable tomorrow but I highly doubt it will fix my problem Help me guys If you need Wireless works fine, Ethernet doesn't any other information ask away I will give it to you as much as I can Attachment file is my network and sharing center status unidentified network is my ethernet connection Here is my ipconfig all result Windows IP Configuration Host Name Junbum-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List attlocal net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address BC- F-F - - E-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a ef ea Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - C-B - D-E -F - A- - D- - D DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter VPN - VPN Client Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VPN Client Adapter - VPN Physical Address -AC- -E -D -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix attlocal net Description TP-LINK Mbps Wireless N Adapter Physical Address F - A- - D- - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a f e c be cb Preferred Temporary IPv Address a f a a a fc b Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe e c be cb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday April AM Lease Expires Saturday April AM Default Gateway fe ff fe DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled nbsp

A:Wireless works fine, Ethernet doesn't

Odds are that the NIC has failed.

Another low possibility (in addition to cable and router LAN port) are the PC's firewall or security suite misconfigured or corrupted.

Another thing to try: in Device Manager right click on the ethernet - Properties - Advanced tab - for the 'Speed & Duplex' property try different values beginning with '100 Mbps full duplex' and '10 Mbps full duplex.'

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-works-fine-ethernet-doesnt.1146347/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi
I had posted earlier also in this forum and d prblm got solved as it was a driver issue. Now again i have got a similar prblm but is not a driver issue. I have a P7H55 Asus Motherboard with the ethernet port and cable working fine individually. However, when i connect them together, the ethernet light on the router remains stable as if connected but still the desktop shows not connected. This time i have installed the drivers which came from the motherboard manufacturer and are the latest. In the Network and Sharing Center, the icon is enabled. It does not show cross sign. Please help me out.

Relevancy 78.69%

I'm sure this has been asked times but I cannot seem to find my exact issue anywhere Hopefully this helps myself and anyone who runs into this issue To start I have Windows Professional bit Everything worked fine with absolutly no issue and then I moved Now Ethernet=No But Internet Works Fine Wireless we have Ethernet=No Internet But Wireless Works Fine Fios instead of Comcast Now to the issue When I have the ethernet connected I cannot get internet access but I have full network access I went out and purchased a new wirless card and wirless works just fine I tested different cables recrimped both of them and nothing I have activity on the PC and the Router so I am sure they are good I have tried everything I have read online Updated Realtek Family PCI Ethernet drivers from MSIglobal Disabled Enabled ipconfig flushdns release and renew I went as far as Backing up and reformating the Hard Drive and before reinstalling the backup I tested it and nothing Restored my backup file and yep nothing Its kind of frustrating I'm not exactly and expert but i am in no way a novice either This one has me stumped Im thinking maybe it is a windows service that is not set to start correctly but I figured I would creat a post while I am at work and maybe have and answer to test before I hunt through the services tonight Any advice is greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Ethernet=No Internet But Wireless Works Fine

This sounds more like a router problem to me. Have you tried resetting your router then using the ipconfig /all command?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/86411-ethernet-no-internet-but-wireless-works-fine.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Earlier my desktop was works on fine desktop. Ethernet not but on laptop Solved: to b in d same place where the router was der Everything worked fine Now I Solved: Ethernet works fine on laptop but not on desktop. decided to shift my desktop to another room I have kept the router at the earlier place only I have brought a m long new cat cable When I connected it to my desktop the orange led on ethernet port do not light up and the desktop is unable to detect the ethernet cable and hence the internet connection On the router a light of ethernet keeps on blinking every second I was worried whether my ethernet port got fried So i inserted another ethernet cable but then the ethernet orange light came and the pc detedted the connection Therefore I thought the cable might be faulty Therefore I connected my laptop with that m cable But my laptop detected it and showed the internet connection But now when i again connect the cable to my desktop there s no light and the pc does not detect it However if i connect the m cable to my desktop then during boot the ethernet light on router is stable just as when it is normally connected to the internet But when i go into windows it starts blinking every second My router is MTNL Model No UT- R Desktop - Asus P H core i Laptop- HP Windows Ultimate on both desktop and laptop nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi After moving to a new home I'm having trouble getting a wired connection working Same modem and router as the previous home same PC Different ISP but both are Shaw cable re-packagers router CISCO Linksys E Factory Reset with latest firmware modem THOMPSON DCM wifi disabled) Wifi Ethernet Works, doesn't (even with motherboard SAPPHIRE Pure Black P Hydra USB adapter USB wifi Dlink DWA- Operating system Windows Ethernet Adapter Marvell Yukon E Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller latest driver version I have only a PC and an android connected occasionally and android tablet as well Wifi Works, Ethernet doesn't (even with wifi disabled) The PC can connect via wifi if ethernet is disabled and then modem router PC restarted but I can't seem to figure out a way to get the ethernet connection to work I've tried DHCP and Static IP configurations and I've tried connecting the ethernet directly to the modem instead of the router but to no avail I believe I've managed at times to access the router from the PC only with static IP but never the internet as well I've tried cat cables as well Here are some pictures with more details of my config I've been banging my head against this for hours can anyone see what I'm missing

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399637-wifi-works-ethernet-doesnt-even-wifi-disabled.html
Relevancy 77.4%

i have tried malwarebytes superantispyware and avg things seem ok for a bit then dns is back i can t use system restore in regular format or in fully remove, "dns can't changer". safe mode here is my new hijack this log and i just did an rsit log let me know if you d like the rsit log also thank you for your help boyd Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer can't fully remove, "dns changer". v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Ares Ares exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www foxnews com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll file missing O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files Dell BAE BAE dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKCU Run ares quot C Program Files Ares Ares exe quot -h O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC AddToList html O - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC HSPrint html O - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint Preview - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC Preview html O - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint Print - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC Print html O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Prog... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-fully-remove-dns-changer.780893/
Relevancy 76.97%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hey guys I m sorry if this has been posted before but I searched and didn t find any sort of problem like the one I m having anywhere on the web So here goes My laptop will not find any networks in the house My tablet my phone other peoples laptops find the network and are able to connect to the home wifi just fine I ve tried almost everything but my laptop will not pick up the wifi signal at all I am not too far away devices network home Other fine. just find "No found." networks from the router as it is in the next room My laptop finds and connects to other wifi networks when they are around without any issue I ve connected an Ethernet cable from the router AND "No networks found." Other devices find home network just fine. the modem directly to the laptop and it connects to the internet perfectly My sister has the exact same router as I do in her home and it picks up the wifi signal fine So I don t think it has to do with the router I ve honestly looked everywhere guys and haven t came across an issue like this please help Little about my laptop It s a Toshiba Satellite L D-S Runs windows Here s the Xirrus wifi inspector photo currently connected by Ethernet cable Command Prompt ipconfig all copy and paste C Users Stay Out gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Alberto Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapte Physical Address - -D - -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN I-E NIC Physical Address - -D - -D - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - -D - - -DD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b f fb bc cf f ea eferred IPv Address fd d edc e a f fb bc cf f eaf erred Temporary IPv Address b b c f d f eferred Temporary IPv Address fd d edc e a b c f d f erred Link-local IPv Address fe f fb bc cf f eaf Preferre IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday October AM Lease Expires Sunday October AM Default Gateway fe aeff fe f de a DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - A- - - - -D - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab baf b e c P rred Link-local IPv Address fe baf b e c Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - A- - - - -D - - NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap CCDB E - F- -BD A- B CD D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes If you need anymore information just let me know nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

Hi guys I changed the RAM on my system recently as one of the old sticks was giving problems It would fail to boot intermittently and according to the LED light on my motherboard it was supposed to be a memory issue So I took out the old RAM and put in the new RAM in the other two slots not the slots that the old RAM were in fine Windows enabled", not but requested, but boots "Bank interleaving Previously I was using x GB but now using X GB Ever since that I've been noticing this message at boot It says quot Bank interleaving requested but not enabled quot And "Bank interleaving requested, but not enabled", but Windows boots fine after that it says clearing NVRAM and Windows boots fine after that Why is this message appearing and are there any implications I went into BIOS and under Clear NVRAM it's disabled so is the Clearing nvram message even doing anything Or does the option reset to disabled everytime it boots Thanks guys P S Btw I'm using another system so the system specs in my profile are not accurate The motherboard is BioStar Ta GX A CPU is AMD Phenom II x GHz I'm using Kingston DDR RAM

A:"Bank interleaving requested, but not enabled", but Windows boots fine

Anyone? any ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/300490-bank-interleaving-requested-but-not-enabled-but-windows-boots-fine.html
Relevancy 76.97%

So I finally fixed the crash my computer did yesterday But as expected after the updates the internet connection died We have laptops and one desktop of the laptops are Dell Inspiron s my brother s and mine and another one is an ASUS The desktop is an EMachine All three of the other computers are working the internet fine Work Other Connection Fine Computers "Media All Disconnected" Lost then mine When I double-click the wireless network Im connecting to under quot View Available Wireless Networks quot it d Lost Connection "Media Disconnected" All Other Computers Work Fine say quot Waiting to connect quot then quot Connected quot But when I refresh after it s quot connected quot it would say quot Not connected quot next to the network name It would get stuck in quot Acquiring Network Address quot It wouldn t end up at quot Connected quot at all This was a problem a few days ago It d stay Lost Connection "Media Disconnected" All Other Computers Work Fine connected for a few minutes then disconnect But since my computer Lost Connection "Media Disconnected" All Other Computers Work Fine crashed and I rebooted the computer with the recovery disk it would just stay disconnected It would get stuck in quot Repair quot But under the quot Disabling quot step We ran ipconfig and it said that the Media was disconnected and it came up with the ip address Help gt lt nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

I'm but fine just game, in warning running performance any System "slow" very tired of seeing this message booting me to desktop just to ask me if I want to change the color System performance "slow" warning in any game, but running just fine scheme because it perceives my computer is running slow Load up Batman AC minutes in focus changes from System performance "slow" warning in any game, but running just fine said full-screen app to this completely unnecessary 'warning' Battlefield Same thing Assassin's Creed Same thing Skyrim Oh of COURSE same thing I dont need Windows to tell me that my resources are being used when I KNOW they are being used Am I really going to have to go into Properties and Compatibility mode for EVERY game I play Why cant such a large money gobbling corporation be intelligent enough to know that when I click on the quot Keep current settings and never show me this message again quot means I NEVER WANT TO SEE THAT DAMN MESSAGE EVER AGAIN FOR ANY GAME Sorry its just ridiculous that I have clicked that button so many times yet it continues to show It specifically says quot Keep the current color scheme and don't show this message again quot Yet even after clicking said button it still shows Annoying oh and inb getmoarRAM

A:System performance "slow" warning in any game, but running just fine

I got the same pop while on BF3, just ignore it. Oh and get more ram

j/k

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/205184-system-performance-slow-warning-any-game-but-running-just-fine.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Installed Chrome on friends laptop hoping that temporarly it might give less problems than ie is Installation works fine but when it opens it says New Tab up top but bottom is blank amp it wont even attempt to go to ANY com Ive tried reinstalling etc just Other [Moved Browsers but from "installed" fine, forum] ANYthing! wont do Chrome in case to no avail I went ahead amp attached the dds etc so hopefully someone Chrome "installed" fine, but wont do ANYthing! [Moved from Other Browsers forum] will be kind enough to tell Chrome "installed" fine, but wont do ANYthing! [Moved from Other Browsers forum] me what in the heck is wrong or blocking it or whatever Thank you VERY much for your time amp assistance P S there are other B S problems with this laptop right now including since yesterday alot of Google yahoo etc search links redirect to the random B S sites so if you happen to notice any other major problems on the dds attach please let me know too Thank you DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Enabled Updated C - E -CBDB-EA - B C F AF SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Enabled Updated B F -B D-C -D D - E E E F SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Windows system agrsmsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol WinPatrol exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkCalRem exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Pro DTShellHlp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Windows ehome ehsched exe C Windows ehome EHTray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil b exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Owner Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp SubCH BB amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M P- mStart Page hxxp www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp S... Read more

A:Chrome "installed" fine, but wont do ANYthing! [Moved from Other Browsers forum]

Hello,

Yes, this machine is seriously infected. I do not see the gmer log attached, and it's important that I have that log before we attempt the removal of this rootkit. Did you have difficulty running gmer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/chrome-installed-fine-but-wont-do-anything-moved-from-other-browsers-forum-564559.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,
Since the anniversary update, I've been getting no audio due to a "No output device installed" error.
All of my drivers are fine and running. I Reset the PC while maintaining my personal files AND STILL I had the error.
When opening audio properties, there are no inputs or outputs. Device manager points no errors.
Windows troubleshooting is useless in this case. Finds an error but no fix.
Another weird aspect is that it happens only sometimes. Sometimes, with a reboot it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Ran "sfc /scannow" while getting that error message and it said there were no errors.
Ran the HP boot troubleshooter and sound was just fine.
It's a new HP Spectre x360 4103np with native Windows 10. I'm going crazy because since that update, I've been getting a lot of errors...

A:"No output device installed" even though all drivers are fine after a OS reset

Hi,
Just called HP Portugal and they said that the error I'm getting is a known error and Microsoft is aware of it but there are no current fixes. Only a rollback to the original Windows 10 version would fix it.
So now we play the waiting game until either HP or Microsoft fix the problem.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/435084-no-output-device-installed-even-though-all-drivers-fine-after-os-reset.html
Relevancy 76.97%

A few mornings back at regular morning start up time my desk top Acer PC failed to start up and load Lights on tower and keyboard both blinked on and off monitor was dead but nothing beyond that happened I unplugged reconnected attempted to power up repeated times finally since the first time this started this now is daily pattern for reasons I up, at then, runs set starts "staggers" Acer fine it top Desk once cannot pin point it fires up and runs all day like a champ The only thing different the night that proceeded the first morning this happened was it was a night here that called for Acer Desk top "staggers" at set up, then, once it starts runs fine me to keep the AC running all night due to heat Any clue as to why this is happening and info on what will resolve it I thought perhaps a hardware issue but as I stated once it starts it runs all day long normal Thanks dl Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation DG SS Antivirus Kaspersky Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-desk-top-staggers-at-set-up-then-once-it-starts-runs-fine.1062879/
Relevancy 76.97%

W7 64bit home premium
500 gb hd
4 gb ram
5i processor
sony vaio

This has happened twice. It started last week while running itunes (playing music) and nothing else. happened again last night, also same scenario.

For no apparent reason (machine is less than a year old) the computer will go to a blank, black screen and the message "operating system not found" will appear. I press and hold the power button to turn it off, I turn it right back on, and it's fine.

I did get a BSOD last night, but itunes wasn't running and I had just connected my GPS running watch through USB. I can't tell if these are related, of course.

I run MS Security Essentials as my only virus protection, and yesterday I ran a Spybot scan which found nothing but a few tracking cookies. If there are log files that someone can point me to, I'm happy to post them.

A:sudden "operating system not found" (but reboot is fine!)

Quote: Originally Posted by superbad

W7 64bit home premium
500 gb hd
4 gb ram
5i processor
sony vaio

This has happened twice. It started last week while running itunes (playing music) and nothing else. happened again last night, also same scenario.

For no apparent reason (machine is less than a year old) the computer will go to a blank, black screen and the message "operating system not found" will appear. I press and hold the power button to turn it off, I turn it right back on, and it's fine.

I did get a BSOD last night, but itunes wasn't running and I had just connected my GPS running watch through USB. I can't tell if these are related, of course.

I run MS Security Essentials as my only virus protection, and yesterday I ran a Spybot scan which found nothing but a few tracking cookies. If there are log files that someone can point me to, I'm happy to post them.

Hello !! Welcome to SF !!

Go to your BIOS setting and check the boot order make sure Hard disk is selected first. I have seen if the boot order is different sometimes we used to have this problem. Make sure your USB is never plugged it while rebooting the System.

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/96517-sudden-operating-system-not-found-but-reboot-fine.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Good afternoon I but on "No laptop, Access" fine desktop one working Internet have a two HP machines - a desktop running Windows Vista Home Premium -bit and a laptop running Windows Home Premium -bit I ve been having network internet issues with the laptop for the past week that have reached a low point today Previous to today the laptop would frequently lose internet access for a few minutes Eventually it would reconnect Today however I am getting the quot No Internet access quot message with the little yellow sign down in the task bar and no amount of begging pleading resetting will make it go away I am apparently still connected to the home network itself - just no internet My desktop on the other hand is connecting to the internet just fine Both connect wirelessly by the way As the desktop seems to be fine I am assuming that this issue is with the laptop itself and not with the router I don t have access to the router anyway - I rent my apartment internet is included but connected via a router in my "No Internet Access" on laptop, but working fine one desktop landlord s apartment next door They re "No Internet Access" on laptop, but working fine one desktop away for a few days so I m out of luck for now if you ask me to do something with that equipment Any help would of course be most appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

My computer has recently severely slowed down. It can become so unresponsive after a few minutes or hours of work that Windows 7 has to wait for the logoff sound to play before shutting down.

I have also had three crashes recently, all with different bug check strings (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL , and UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP) but all supposedly caused by ntoskrnl.exe. The dump files are attached.

I have tested my CPU, HD and memory with Hot CPU Tester Pro, I tested my memory with the built in Microsoft test, and tested my HD with chkdsk, and none of these tests had any errors.

I can't think of any recent changes I've made to the computer.

What could be the cause/solution to the problem?

Thanks for the help,
David

A:Three BSODs "caused" by ntoskrnl.exe, all hardware tests are fine

The BSOD is caused by Klif Mini-Filter fre_wnet_x86 (Kaspersky).

Code:
fffff880`03d847c8 fffff880`0365b7e7Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\klif.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klif.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klif.sys
klif+0x237e7
Description here: Driver Reference Table - klif.sys

When an antivirus program is responsible for a crash, it is to remove it to make the situation stable; despite of all its greatness. Uninstall Kaspersky using Kaspersky Removal Tool. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Also, Athrx.sys is failing here, too. Kaspersky, when failing, makes the network drivers fail, too (sometime it causes storage access problems as well).

Code:
fffff880`03d84058 fffff880`05ac2a75Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athrx.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athrx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athrx.sys
athrx+0x6a75
And this driver is kinda old.

Code:
fffff880`05abc000 fffff880`05d72000 athrx T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: athrx.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athrx.sys
Image name: athrx.sys
Timestamp: Tue May 22 13:33:35 2012 (4FBB4857)
CheckSum: 002BAFBB
ImageSize: 002B6000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Athrx.sys is Atheros network adapter driver; but sometimes the driver is used by some other hardware. If you use any Atheros connection, update the driver from ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows (Atheros?????), by matching the model number.

Let us know the results. If it crashes again, next time upload your MSINFO32.nfo file anongwith the crash dumps.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/284272-three-bsods-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-all-hardware-tests-fine.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I am on a Win 7 based computer. New apt, new internet connection. Old router.
Connects to net fine with an ethernet cable.
Connects to the wifi signal (strong signal) with password authentication BUT no internet access.
All my laptops are experiencing the same issue- so it does not appear to be related to the computer.
I then connected the ethernet cable to a Linksys E2000. Again, good signal, clear connection BUT no internet access.
What can I do??
IPCONFIG/ALL>myTCP.txt did not produce any results in DOS (why??)
Thanks in advance.....

A:Wifi connection issues- fine on ethernet

IPCONFIG/ALL report:

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : subra-tablet
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : westell.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-26-5E-C0-40-B0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : westell.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 0C-60-76-4A-97-6C
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::7997:4b52:9da9:c46e%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.33(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, May 03, 2014 8:22:44 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, May 04, 2014 11:55:35 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 302801014
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-12-4D-54-A5-00-26-55-C9-E7-55
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : westell.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-26-55-C9-E7-55
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::790e:7ddd:2dfe:6f71%10(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.30(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, May 03, 2014 8:26:38 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, May 04, 2014 11:56:07 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 335553971
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-12-4D-54-A5-00-26-55-C9-E7-55
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

PPP adapter Broadband Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadband Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . :
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 117.202.95.249(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 218.248.255.147
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{F6FA6232-213B-4DE8-A4CA-916428E73370}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

Tunnel adapter 6TO4 Adapter:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2002:75ca:5ff9::75ca:5ff9(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 2002:c058:6301::c058:6301
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 218.248.255.14... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-connection-issues-fine-on-ethernet.202175/
Relevancy 76.97%

Got an issue with using the Ethernet where it would Blue screen my PC. If I use WiFi, it's fine but the moment I use Ethernet it crashes with a paged fault in non paged area BSOD. I have updated drivers, cleared and reupdated drivers to noavail. Also bought a new NIC and cat5 cable and it's still causing stop errors.

A:BSOD while plugged into Ethernet fine with WiFi

For more specific troubleshooting steps, please follow the blue screen posting instructions.http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html
Crashes point to a problem with your display card and possibly your RAM. I also see Service Pack 1 is not installed, which may be the underlying factor for all the crashes.

Update to Service Pack 1 (SP1)Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 (KB947821) [August 2011]

Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [August 2011]

Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 from the Microsoft Download Center

Service Pack 1 Download site
-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-while-plugged-into-ethernet-fine-with-wifi-688956.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi there This is my first Dekstop PC I have built myself Here is some information OS - Windows x Only OS - Purchased from retailer System Age OS Age worked for months. automatic on fine "Prepairing gets BSOD 2 Computer Repair" Now - Months CPU - i k I haven't OC'd it GPU - GTX Motherboard - MSI z Gaming Power supply - Corsair CP- -UK RM Series RM Plus Gold W RAM - Crucial Vengeance low profile DDR mhz GB I also have hardrives TB TB and SSD Crucial GB my OS is installed on the SSD System Manufacturer - MSI The problem Working fine for months no issues Today I started the pc and I went away to do something else Came back to a Computer worked fine for 2 months. Now gets BSOD on "Prepairing automatic Repair" black screen which had some backlighting I moved the mouse and typed something and the screen didn't change and I assumed something had crashed so I restarted held down power button I attempt to restart only for the PC to get into a loop of restarting exactly when the blue windows logo appears and then I get the windows BSOD sad white face but I can't read the error as it restarts too fast It then attempts to repair and gets to the quot Preparing automatic repair quot before Computer worked fine for 2 months. Now gets BSOD on "Prepairing automatic Repair" the whole quot Windows Computer worked fine for 2 months. Now gets BSOD on "Prepairing automatic Repair" has encountered a problem and needs to restart quot BSOD Tried removing all cables Everything except PSU cable - No effect Computer still restarted continuously I have made no recent hardware modifications Thanks Brya

A:Computer worked fine for 2 months. Now gets BSOD on "Prepairing automatic Repair"

Looks like one of my memory sticks seems to be at fault. Tried a single stick and it worked fine. Tried the other "bad" stick and the problem occurred again (computer just froze).

Tried using both sticks with good stick always in slot 1 and the bad stick in 2,3,4 and problem occurs as normal.

Why and how did this occur? It was working fine 3 hours ago with both sticks until I put the computer to sleep. After that, the problem started...

Another problem now is that using the single "good stick" causes the pc to load fine except it doesn't display the login information and just displays a bright blue screen. I have to press the power button (which I have set to sleep) and then press it again to resume in order for windows to display the login information (i.e. resuming the pc caused it to show my account name and ask for my password etc)

Why do I have to do this? should I run automatic repair? I'll probably try running repair anyway.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-worked-fine-for-2-months-now-gets-bsod-on-prepairing-automatic-repair-927138.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I first notice my notebook telling "storage" are keeps and have completely disk on but RAM space fine insufficiency, me I Windows begins to have this issue when I tried to update my Windows It returned me Windows keeps on telling me I have "storage" insufficiency, but disk space and RAM are completely fine with error code quot quot which says that my computer might have run out of memory however there are GB space available in my C drive and I am only using of my RAM out of GB I tried to perform DISM 'ScanHealth' and it returned me quot Error - Not enough storage is available to process this command quot At first I tried to ignore this issue as I thought it did not cause me any major trouble But I was wrong nbsp Several USB devices become unresponsive yellow exclamation icon at Device Manager When I tried to manually install drivers that's when I found out it was this STORAGE insufficiency again that cause me trouble quot Windows found driver software for your device but encountered error while attempting to install it nbsp - Not enough storage is available to process this command quot Some of my programs also become incredibly laggy ever since this issue arises yet I don't know where the problem lies nbsp At Event Viewer I noticed several error messages regarding quot Windows was unable to load the registry This problem is often caused by insufficient memory or insufficient security rights - DETAIL Not enough storage is available to process this command quot I also caught a glimpse of one error that I think stated more clearly quot Application popup Windows - Low On Registry Space The system has reached the maximum size allowed for the system part of the registry Additional storage requests will be ignored quot Can someone help me address what issue I am actually having How do I solve this problem Please help I have not done anything to this computer prior to this issue especially something very sensitive like registry I have performed following troubleshoot attempts to no avail - Rebooted system - Disabled antivirus programs and firewall - Ran Windows Diagnostic tools Results addressed the issues and said they were quot fixed quot but problem is still there as if nothing is changed - Reset Windows Update components both running fix tool and manually - Tried to run SFC SCANNOW command but it returned me nbsp quot Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation quot message - Memory Diagnostic tool No problems errors detected - Clean boot and Safe Mode Problem is still the same - Ran CCleaner only after this issue arises Problem is still the same

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5b4104e9-0ad6-43f1-be58-7731a1875f69/windows-keeps-on-telling-me-i-have-quotstoragequot-insufficiency-but-disk-space-and-ram-are?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi, all -

First, thanks for all you do to voluntarily help noobs like me keep our stuff working.

2 months ago, I had the HDD replaced on my laptop. Yesterday, it started "freezing" about 5 minutes after booting up. It isn't a true freeze as the mouse still works, but all programs stop responding and I have to force a shut down. No error messages (except that it will tell me that programs are not responding).

When I open in safe mode, everything works beautifully for as long as I want it to, but as soon as I boot normally, it does the same thing.

I've defragged, run memory tests, and everything comes up as operating as it should.

Other suggestions?

Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit
Intel Core Duo T6600 @2.20GHz

Thank you!

A:Windows 7 "Freezes" (kind of) after boot, runs fine in Safe Mode

run chkdsk /r from the command prompt.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-freezes-kind-of-after-boot-runs-fine-in-safe-mode-545607.html