Windows Support Forum

Replacement needed for socket AM2 motherboard (M2N-SLI Deluxe)

Q: Replacement needed for socket AM2 motherboard (M2N-SLI Deluxe)

Hello,

My socket AM2 based computer has a faulty motherboard and needs a replacement to get it up and running again. It does not turn on, I have ruled out the other components as the cause of this problem.

The other components are:

AMD Athlon 64 4xxx/5xxx+ X2 series dual core processor
2GB PC3200 RAM
Asus 7900GS GPU

It looks like a replacement will cost around 25-60 judging by what is available on ebuyer.com.

Any suggestions/recommendations? Anything on par with the old motherboard will be fine. I won't need something future proof as this is only a secondary computer my family uses.

I will be upgrading my own computer next year and passing it down to them so we are only looking at getting this computer back up and running in the meantime (they are currently stuck with the aging laptop!)

Thank you in advance your help will be much appreciated

also, Merry Christmas =)

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Replacement needed for socket AM2 motherboard (M2N-SLI Deluxe)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Replacement needed for socket AM2 motherboard (M2N-SLI Deluxe)

You might have made a typo in describing your CPU. Is it an Athlon 64 X2 4600+?

I am surprised how few retailers are selling AM2 boards these days. TigerDirect has two and Newegg has three available. Personally, I would go with the Foxconn one, but I am biased for Newegg. haha

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacement-needed-for-socket-am2-motherboard-m2n-sli-deluxe.158400/
Relevancy 84.71%

Its specs say that its Front Side Bus is 800MHz or 1000MHz, so can it support a CPU that has 2000MHz Bus? Also, is it good for gaming? cuz i want to put a AMD X2 4800+ on it, and run it for lineage 2.

A:Asus A8N 32-SLI-Deluxe NVIDIA Socket 939 ATX Motherboard/Audio/PCI Express/SLI....

It supports 1000MHz Hyper Transport (2000 MT/s), so yes it does support the AMD X2 4800+ (socket 939).

Yes, it is good for gaming. Not the best board in the world for overclocking, but it is a stabe board with some nice specs. But the question is, if you are building a NEW system, why 939? I'd recommend going for the AM2 if you are sticking to AMD, or even better, a core duo system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8n-32-sli-deluxe-nvidia-socket-939-atx-motherboard-audio-pci-express-sli.59365/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi the motherboard ABIT AV - for EYE Motherboard 939 AV8-3RD Abit Replacement Socket RD EYE has malfunctioned on my year old computer and I am struggling to find a replacement The problem is as follows One long and one short beep This happens Replacement for Abit AV8-3RD EYE Socket 939 Motherboard upon turning the computer on After researching on the internet I quickly discovered this beep code is related with motherboard errors Perhaps there are some suggestions that may solve the problem A few months back I could get it to boot into windows if I kept powering on for - minutes - but it has taken progressively longer to get running to the point where it isn t turning on anymore The motherboard is old Skt no pci express support limited support for RAM I am having problems finding a new motherboard to replace it The other components include nvidia fx agp card AMD and x mb RAM running in dual channel I think that it is PC I could take this opportunity to purchase a motherboard with PCI-E support so I can get a decent graphics card until recently my card in that machine was a GT mb AGP and the system was impressive for gaming - falling back to the fx was dissapointing as that card really struggles to handle most games I don t want to upgrade other components like memory CPU I d be better off just getting a new computer if that where the case So are there any motherboards available that will support my components AGP ones if necessary or PCI-E motherboards if possible suspiciou Thank you for any suggestions nbsp

A:Replacement for Abit AV8-3RD EYE Socket 939 Motherboard

any suggestions? Is socket 939 completely dead?!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacement-for-abit-av8-3rd-eye-socket-939-motherboard.119399/
Relevancy 83.85%

Can anyone please advice;
Is there an ATX motherboard that can replace a socket 7 FIC PA-2002 motherboard and fit well in the same box.
Thanks
Steve

A:socket 7 FIC PA-2002 motherboard replacement

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

Try HERE

G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-7-fic-pa-2002-motherboard-replacement.47193/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi replacement on Deluxe P6T ASUS V2 Motherboard please. Advice for All After trying just about everything to sort out the regular USB failure on my ASUS P T Deluxe V Advice on replacement for ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 Motherboard please. I decided it was a motherboard fault and replaced the motherboard processor and RAM to rebuild my Video Editing Suite pc running monitors as all the other components in the tower were still relevant graphics cards Blu-ray writer etc I chose an Advice on replacement for ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 Motherboard please. ASUS P Z -V Pro with an i - K processor and GB of Corsair Vengeance RAM This Editing pc is now up and running perfectly but I now have an i - x Ghz processor with GB of Corsair XMS DDR MHz RAM going spare My other everyday quot General purpose quot pc -ASUS P W DH Deluxe Pentium D GB of RAM - works faultlessly but is quite old dating from October Despite this pc working faultlessly I am now thinking of rebuilding the pc around a new motherboard which will use up my now spare i - processor Intel CPU Cooler and GB RAM Ideally I would have liked to simply use a new ASUS P T Deluxe V but sadly they are no longer made I can pick up a factory reconditioned one on ebay or a regular used one on ebay but I was wondering if there is perhaps another suitable motherboard even better than the P T Deluxe V which I can buy brand new and get a full warranty of course I use Windows Ultimate edition bit on my Video Editing pc and will want to use this also on the new build I can only do bit on the current P W DH Deluxe general machine I use a couple of DVD writers and Icy Box caddies for my many HDDs There is a floppy drive but I could lose that and I am happy to use just twin monitors on the new build I have a spare NVidia Geforce graphics card My question then is should I go for a reconditioned used P T Deluxe V or a new motherboard If I go new probably my preferred route which motherboard will give me excellent performance I believe I need a socket X board but I'm sure the members here know far more about this than I do so could I please ask for your recommendations and suggestions as to my best way forward Many thanks Paolo

A:Advice on replacement for ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 Motherboard please.

Hi this is one possible suggestion Micro Center - Computers, Electronics, Computer Parts, Networking, Gaming, Software, and more! you can find more boards here http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...-a-668661.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/advice-on-replacement-for-asus-p6t-deluxe-v2-motherboard-please-673750.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I need to replace the motherboard on a Compaq Presario nx specs below and I am looking for some help From all of my troubleshooting I have determined that the MB is dead Swapped out the memory power supply video card flashed the bios and still nothing Should I upgrade the MB and Replacement Needed Advice Motherboard maybe the CPU while I am at it or just get a near identical replacement I don Motherboard Replacement Advice Needed t have much money to spend so the upgrade wouldn t be drastic anyway I have read a few posts about replacing the MB by uninstalling drivers etc so that it would be a clean swap out but that requires me to be able to boot up and I can t even get into the bios What do I have to look forward to when I replace the MB and possibly the CPU Specs Celeron C GHz MHz front side bus Socket Chipset - ATI Radeon Xpress for Intel Processors Motherboard-Manufacturer ECS Name RC ST-HM HP Compaq motherboard name Alhena -GL Vista Home Basic gb memory Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

My current Motherboard has only 2 USB ports that are not working. The network adapter seems to be having some problems too.
I am thinking of replacing the mobo.
How much of an undertaking is this.
I am in A+ Hardware and OS class now and have some background in this area.
Besides the mobo, what else do I need to buy? I have two CD drives, a HDD, Floppy, Video Card.

Thanks for your input
Sylvia

A:Motherboard Replacement? Advice Needed

Are you sure you don't just have driver issues? Do you have updated chipset drivers for your MB?

Personally, Unless I wanted to upgrade memory speed and/or CPU, I would add a USB expansion card before I'd replace a motherboard. It's cheaper and and a lot less can go wrong.

Not sure what you mean by saying your network interface is "having problems". Generally, it works or it doesn't. How are you networked? To a router or modem? If my network is droping out intermentantly, I'd look at the router first. Have you performed any network performance tests?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-replacement-advice-needed.341212/
Relevancy 72.67%

I am hoping one of you fine people can help me to find a replacement motherboard for my HP Pavilion p p I have gone through the Pavilion Replacement HP p6226p for motherboard needed whole troubleshooting routine -- all peripherals RAM replaced with known-good power supply amp CPU and still can not get into the BIOS setup or boot Replacement motherboard needed for HP Pavilion p6226p past the HP splash screen I m down to replacing the motherboard now This computer currently has Motherboard -- M N -LA Viola CPU -- AMD Athlon II x Quad Core Graphics -- NVIDIA GeForce Integrated I m fine with a replacement motherboard with at least equivalent graphics as I do occasionally game with my boyfriend League of Legends Magicka running on lowest settings is fine with me I Replacement motherboard needed for HP Pavilion p6226p m in the market for a new computer but would like to keep this one limping along for another months or so if all it will cost me is a motherboard I have a Frys amp Microcenter nearby located in Houston and would like to go pick up a shiny new motherboard ASAP so if you could point me to one on their site it would be greatly appreciated Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Replacement motherboard needed for HP Pavilion p6226p

Check here and make sure that you have a PayPal account:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=HP+M2N78-LA+Motherboard&_sacat=See-All-Categories

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacement-motherboard-needed-for-hp-pavilion-p6226p.175822/
Relevancy 71.81%

I need to buy a replacement motherboard for a Sony model PCV-R558DS DEsktop computer. This is a 2 year old computer with a PIII-866 processor and P-133 SDRAM.
I don't have the computer to look at (located in Europe) so I cannot tell..Will a standard size motherboard work in this computer?? Sony wants $300.00 to buy one from them.

Thanks for any help.

A:Sony Vaio Desktop replacement motherboard needed

No, Sony uses a special motherboard manufactured just for them and the cases usually will not accept a different motherboard. It will probably be cheaper to buy a case and a motherboard and transfer everything to it. You could buy a nice case and a good motherboard for 1/2 that.

Compaq
Sony
IBM
HP
Dell on some systems
Gateway on some systems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-desktop-replacement-motherboard-needed.82579/
Relevancy 68.8%

Alright trying yet again I had one Computer tower working however noisy due to an old CPU Fan Rang SMBT Computing asking for a home visit to replace AMD Athlon XP CPU Fan due to my inability o leave the house because of a broken leg The Proprietor came ripped out the old CPU Fan with some force on the floor of my office He then replaced the old fan with the new one According to the CPU Fan Instructions a thermal paste needed to be applied evenly over the heatsink before application I observed Adam do no such thing After 64-bit 754 CPU, 1.8GHz, Socket 3000+ 754 Motherboard MD Sempron SOCKET & K8MM-V MSI replacement of fan which took under one minute from start to finish he restarted my Computer It would no longer work It hung at the black startup screen He then took my computer tower away saying he would need to run further tests After several phone calls by myself he said either the CPU or motherboard were damaged when HE had had replaced the CPU Fan He would install a new motherboard into my computer tower He did and a few days later my partner went and picked it up NB No mention of costs for parts and labour were MSI K8MM-V Socket 754 Motherboard & MD Sempron 3000+ 64-bit CPU, 1.8GHz, SOCKET 754 even brought up There error on installation there problem to fix Upon installation of the Operating System which kept encountering errors the motherboard was running The only problem being that upon any type of installation i e Critical Updates other Utilities the computer would shut down and reboot itself Even when the computer tower was left in idle it would shut down and reboot for no apparent reason I also spoke with a technician from SMBT told him of the automatic shutdowns MSI K8MM-V Socket 754 Motherboard & MD Sempron 3000+ 64-bit CPU, 1.8GHz, SOCKET 754 and subsequent reboots It was indicated by him the motherboard they had installed was faulty To return the tower back to them this was done week later the proprietor from SMBT Computing rang and said he had a working motherboard installed on my system and would be ready for pickup in a couple of hours He also asked what CPU I had installed on my system prior to my computer tower being broken I once again told him it was an AMD Athlon XP I received a phone call an hour later telling me a nd hand motherboard MSI K MM-V Socket Motherboard and who only knows whether or not it was also a nd hand CPU AMD Sempron -bit CPU GHz SOCKET was in my tower and ready to be picked up I loaded the OS on it all was well for about a week I rebooted the PC and got nothing Not even the BIOS would show up This third mobo is an MSI so I went to there website it said remove CMOS Battery for minutes and remove the JBAT for seconds so I did I unplugged the harddrive DVD Rom swapped out of the sticks of RAM changed my new Graphics card for an old one that I knew worked just in case it was the Graphics Card Plugged it back in minus everything except for RAM and Graphics Card Restarted it heard beep and then looked a lovely black screen In the meantime they have sent me an Invoice for for a quot new albeit a nd hand mobo and an upgraded CPU In the meantime I have stripped the PC right down removed the mobo and am planning on returning it to SMBT Computing with the message of quot Here s your mobo CPU back jam your bill where the sun don t shine quot On the bright side my new dual core tower is working like a charm I had planned on keeping the tower as a backup PC just in case my new tower died on me I am still looking into buying a brand new mobo and CPU and putting it together myself I am pretty sure this mobo is DEAD however there maybe something I have overlooked PS I hope this doesn t count as a triple post and no I am not a blonde I am a redhead lolz Oh and just for the record I live in Australia we do not have BBB here nbsp

A:MSI K8MM-V Socket 754 Motherboard & MD Sempron 3000+ 64-bit CPU, 1.8GHz, SOCKET 754

G'Day - I would not waste time on it. I think your idea of sending it back with the bill is spot on. Don't forget to lay it on thick that you are incapacitated and have been taken advantage of over this.
Albert (Whinging Pom) Lionheart

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-k8mm-v-socket-754-motherboard-md-sempron-3000-64-bit-cpu-1-8ghz-socket-754.86249/
Relevancy 66.65%

I bought an old Dell Optiplex 380 system refurbished from Dell for about $80 with an E7500 Intel core 2 duo processor and upgraded it to a Xeon E5430 for about $20. The cpu benchmark went from about 1800 to 4000. The Dell Optiplex 380 uses DDR3 memory, so the Xeon gets an additional boost there. I also downloaded a modded Dell bios that supports the Xeon functions on the 775 motherboard at bios-mods forums for free. Great little computer to play older games in Windows 7. Next I will be updating this system to Windows 10. It came with Windows 7 Home Premium OEM installed by Dell.

So for little cost you can play around with older hardware and make it do things it wasn't originally designed for.

A:Socket 771 Xeon processor in a Socket 775 motherboard

Used little sticker eh ?

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/22571-socket-771-xeon-processor-socket-775-motherboard.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Im building a new rig and really cant afford to buy it all at once so im gonna buy a part at a time over the next 4/5/6 months, I suck at saving money so I have to do it this way instead of saving all the money up and then buying all the parts at the same time...LOL Anyway I was gonna get my motherboard now (ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX) but my question is will this board still be at the top in 6 months? I dont know much about all this hardware stuff so I dont know whats coming any time soon. I would hate to get this now and then 5/6 months from now a new better motherboard is out just when im about to get my new computer all bought.

A:A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX?

You could always buy the other components first, and leave the mobo untill nearer the time for the actual build. That way you`d be more aware of what new mobo`s were around.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a8n-sli-deluxe-socket-939-nvidia-nforce4-sli-atx.26489/
Relevancy 64.07%

Note Please pretend im a years old kid when explaining your responses to me I am not that good with computers and I may call some computer parts the wrong name I R nub I am currently building my first custom computer I M2N-SLI ASUS 570 AM2 nForce Deluxe Socket NVIDIA ve gotten everything that I needed for my tower but I wouldn t be wasting my time just to tell you that Sooooo Heres whats up - - My motherboard for my PC is the ASUS M N-SLI Deluxe Socket AM NVIDIA nForce SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard Now according to Newegg and my googling a computer ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 case for this Motherboard would have to be an ATX case My problem is if you view the pics on that Motherboard and look at the l O panel and compare it to a ATX computer case It does not look like it will fit Example I have look at many other ATX cases and I get the same thing It only seems like it will fit in a MicroATX Only because l O panel on the case is just a big rectangle whole But like I stated above I R Nub So I am not sure I was wondering if anyone know what brand name case thats on www newegg com will be proper for this Motherboard or what type of case ATX doesn t seem like a match thnx in adv DAKK P S My soon to be pc http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

i dont expect as many responses here as i will hopefully get on my previous post but the deal is i m shopping for a new comp and Socket this board? K8V - SE shouldnt 754 why buy Deluxe ASUS i the combo deal http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp Sku MBM-K V-A UR ends in hours going on the assumption that i want a PC does anyone know of any reason to stay away from this board keep in mind that i am using this system primarily for gaming from what i have been able to find i know ASUS K8V SE Deluxe Socket 754 - why shouldnt i buy this board? this -the board is a little outdated -it is picky when it comes to RAM -ASUS has replaced it with the K V-X SE i dont know the reasons for this i consider myself kinda knowledgable about computers at least i ve built every one i ve owned however i m not familiar with all the specs and details and how one core differers from another when things seem pretty similar to me i usually go by price - but because this board is a little old i m kind of uneasy about making this decision so i guess respond if you can think of any reason i shouldnt buy this board tonight assuming i make the decision to go with a socket computer if you wanna help with this choice check the post i put up a few minutes ago nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-k8v-se-deluxe-socket-754-why-shouldnt-i-buy-this-board.38427/
Relevancy 63.21%

First of all im a new builder.

Im planning to setup a RAID 0 on my
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939.

for example i have 2x WD 10,000 RPM HDD on system.

Should i use the one in DOS prompt selection saying

select 1 to blahblahblah..
select 2 to blahblahblah..
select 3 to RAID sumtin.

Please anyone can help with this setting up RAID.

TY in adv.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-setup-raid-0-with-asus-a8n32-sli-deluxe-socket-939.77840/
Relevancy 62.35%

Anyone have the same mobo( ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939) and a 2x 1GB G.skill on their system? Did you guys have any problem detecting the memory?

Please share.. Thanks in Advance.

A:ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 & G.Skill DDR400/PC3200?

No problems here at the shop. What is your memory? What does the BIOS say?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8n32-sli-deluxe-socket-939-g-skill-ddr400-pc3200.77833/
Relevancy 62.35%

bending pins. I am awaiting shipment of a Socket 939 AMD 64 4000 CPU from Newegg. I have had a problem in the past with pulling the CPU heat sink off the CPU on this particular motherboard. You cannot release the CPU clamp to release the CPU without taking off the heat sink. And because of the larger contact area between CPU and heat sink, it is impossible for me to pull the CPU fan without pulling the CPU, and thats with the clamp untouched. Unfortunately, this always results in bent CPU pins. Although I am replacing the CPU, I would like to keep the old 3200 functional for my grandson's machine. Any suggestions on how to remove the CPU fan without removing the CPU and the resultant bent CPU pins? Thanks in advance for your advice and assistance.

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi all basically my old Replacement Mobo Socket A: system Socket A: Mobo Replacement went belly up a while ago so ive been using my mums machine which sucks cause im going to build Socket A: Mobo Replacement or buy a new rig towards January or Febuary I figured if I can fix my old rig it would make a great replacement to my mums slow and jittery PC Ive replaced my faulty old PSU checked with a multimeter and tested a spare starter switch re seated CPU ram power cables etc etc and so am going to start with a mobo replacement but which one to get Socket A boards are pretty cheap all be it a little thin on the ground these days baring in mind im based in the UK and cant use Newegg which Socket A board would you recommend Please post a link if you can I basically want to squeeze as much out of my old Athlon XP as possible for however long it has left Also can you recommend a good Socket A heatsink to replace my current one Thanks for any advice help in advance nbsp

A:Socket A: Mobo Replacement

The Biostar nForce 2 boards are great.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-a-mobo-replacement.64124/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a laptop that I am trying to replace the cpu. The design of this socket has no lever to lock the cpu in place.It is very difficult to slide the cpu towards the lock position after it is in the socket and I have not been able to do it yet.Does anybody have a workaround for this as I do not want to exert too much force on the cpu and socket and damage something.

A:Socket 462 mobile cpu replacement

So how did the previous CPU remain in position?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-462-mobile-cpu-replacement.77395/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey

Ok, months of changing bios settings, and blue screens, I've still never managed to get the P5Q3 Deluxe stable with
2gb of OCZ DDR3 PC3-12800 Platinum Enhanced Bandwidth Edition.
Tried every option suggested, aswell as flashing to most of the bios's available.

So, what board does everyone recomend for a replacement to this. Was looking at the X58's + Core I7, but don't have enough atm to afford them. I was thinking of a P5E3 Premium, heard they are a very stable board + overclocks well. What does everyone think?

Thanks

A:Replacement for P5Q3 Deluxe

The P5E3? If you have got that kind of money... go for it. It is a nice motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacement-for-p5q3-deluxe.116745/
Relevancy 60.2%

My CPU cooler just died so I m looking for a new one the one I had came with the CPU when I bought it It s an AMD Athlon X Dual-Core Processor Socket AM I seem to have trouble finding a doable cooler though mostly because I don t know enough about the subject I think but there doesn t seem to be a lot of coolers out there anymore for AM either So far the closest thing to something useful I ve been able AM2 for Athlon replacement socket a a Need cooler help AMD 64 finding X2, to find was MASSCOOL F B H mm Ball CPU Cooler - Retail Specifications Dimensions Heat sink x x mm l x w x h VDC Fan x x mm Bearing Ball bearing Rated speed RPM - Rated power Need help finding a replacement cooler for a AMD Athlon 64 X2, socket AM2 W Max Noise level dBA Max Need help finding a replacement cooler for a AMD Athlon 64 X2, socket AM2 Air flow CFM Current A Max Connector Pin mainboard Life hours hours Application AMD Socket AM and AM CPU AMD Athlon AMD Athlon FX AMD Athlon X Dual Core Business Class-AMD Athlon Business Class-AMD Athlon X Dual-Core AMD Phenom X Quad-Core AMD Sempron AMD Opteron CPU TDP lt W Thermal resistance C W Thermal type White grease pre-applied Another website mentions AMD Socket AM Athlon X Dual Core under this coolers compatibility Do you think I can use this fan or should I look for something else and in that case does anyone have any suggestions nbsp

A:Need help finding a replacement cooler for a AMD Athlon 64 X2, socket AM2

There are quite a few AM2 HSFs still available. But you must specify your budget and also determine whether your case will house those that are available.

Check out this page.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-finding-a-replacement-cooler-for-a-amd-athlon-64-x2-socket-am2.144865/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

Ive had an accident which involved the laptop falling on the floor with the headphone jack plugged in. the rest of the laptop seems ok, but putting a jack in the socket doesnt stop the speakers working, and the audio coming out of it sounds echoey; sounds like the stereo is canceling out which means something has shorted.

not sure i want to open up the laptop just yet; but looks like the jack sockets can be replaced. I think its still under warranty but the accident was my fault.

any thoughts? where can i get spare parts from?

Many thanks
James

A:Satellite R830 - Headphone socket replacement

Hi James

What can you do is to use Google and search if you can find replacement parts but I?m pretty sure it can be pretty complicated. Repair is also not so easy. Do you want to do it alone?
I mean disassembling procedure is also pretty tricky and must/should be done by authorized personal only. Small mistake can ends with broken plastic parts and different holders.

In my opinion you should not do all this. Buy small USB Audio Adapter w/Mic Jack and problem is solved.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?69849-Satellite-R830-Headphone-socket-replacement
Relevancy 60.2%

Well, my newly purchased board (1 month old) just had the chipset fan die. I know this is a common problem for this board, and that ASUS has been very good about replacing these fans with new ones.

But, I am in Japan, and the problem is not so easily solved. ASUS here has asked me to ship my board to Taiwan for them to look at it, and it'll take a month to fix the fan.

I am not going to wait a month. I am going to buy a 3rd party chipset fan for it. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should buy?

A:URGENT: A8N-SLI deluxe chipset fan replacement

I would still get it replaced as it is fault from Asus. They shouldn't have shipped so many boards with that defective chipset fan.

In the meantime you can use the Zalman NB47J but it seems the chipset runs too hot for it to be passive. You might have to add a small fan like the one on the picture.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/urgent-a8n-sli-deluxe-chipset-fan-replacement.33903/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone, this is my first time here at Tech Spot and I was hoping to gather some information regarding my Asus P4P800 Deluxe motherboard that I'm told has now deceased. At present I'd like to keep costs down so I was considering either purchasing a secondhand replacement (P4P800 Deluxe or P4P800SE) However I have also discovered a new cheap motherboard on the market, the ASRock P4i65G with socket 478 that would save me a lot of money on new RAM & a new CPU. Is anyone out there familiar with that mainboard??? The Asus board was fantastic for recording using Cubase SX so I can't imagine the ASRock board will be anywhere near it. But who am I to know. Any advice regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.

A:Asus P4P800 Deluxe Replacement Skt 478

These days it can be hard to even find a socket 478 motherboard. I've used from the least to the most expensive boards, and I would just get a working 478 and consider myself lucky. I wouldn't get a used one unless you know the previous owner. Asus is a good maker. I have used ASRock. They are fine. Their quality is below ASUS somewhat but I doubt that you will notice. I'm sure you're not doing things like overclocking or other mainboard based tweaks. If you get a new ASRock and don't overheat it and use it normally and maintain it, there is no reason that it should not work for years. Saving the monet on the cpu and the ram is a good idea.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p4p800-deluxe-replacement-skt-478.86174/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, I'm trying to find a replacement audio socket for a Compaq Presario CQ57.

All it says on the component is 120204

Its soldered on to the motherboard.

Anyone know any where I could find one.

Pics of both sides:

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-replacement-audio-socket-for-a-compaq-presario-cq57.1101987/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello all I m new here almost as new at poking around inside my computer at this point its nothing lost nothing gained I have read several hundred posts of others who also fell victim to these substandard machines An e machines label wont be on my desktop again even if its case is blotted out with whiteout Anyway enough rant I m here for your help I have an model T amd athlon failed board victim Unknowing emachine, 754/478 socket replacement, of power supply that took the motherboard with it originally a - bit Unknowing victim of emachine, board replacement, socket 754/478 Mhz gb x machine msi MotherBoard I have looked at options and due to purpose or use of it I remain torn as to the best way to replace it seems Unknowing victim of emachine, board replacement, socket 754/478 Cputopia com On Sale has a motherboard basic single core board processor and processor fan for a Unknowing victim of emachine, board replacement, socket 754/478 bit over a hundred dollars dependent on options selected they also have a box case processor board and power supply for around dependent upon how equipped while the power supply upgrade is at one page its at another No big deal about that Anyway my other option is to get a sole independent board with the same socket as my oem processor motherboard and reuse my Atlon Processor - HD - DVD-Cd and new windows program as such Now the crux of the problem is I have seen T quot s listed here and elsewhere as having come from the factory equipped as socket and processor as well as How do I know or how can I tell which one I have I need to compare performance of the T - socket to the Sempron quot its been suggested this Sempron also comes in a variety of speeds and cores some better some worse than the Atlon it is dependent on the encoded processor suffix quot No description of such is available with the advertised replacement board and case at cputopia and I certainly don t want to go down or backward in speed or performance There are no performance specs advertised with this Cputopia com replacement board case cpu fan or other optional parts available either essentially no sepec no matter what I buy of the sempron All replys will be appreciated my budget doesnt give me room for errors do it once and do it right the first time wish I had been this cautious when I bought the emachine but budget was not as bad as now come Halloween I m gonna put lipstick on it put it outside and call it a pig with a big emachine billboard Regards to all here Leo nbsp

A:Unknowing victim of emachine, board replacement, socket 754/478

Dude, get a grip. I know less about computers now than before I read your post.

I thought that socket 478 was Intel (Pentium Celeron), now I come to find out that it's AMD.

An AMD Sempron 3000 only comes in one speed, if it's another speed, then it has a different number.

All of the s*** you mention is beyond obsolete, so maybe it's time for a whole 'nuther computer. Please, I heartily suggest that you avoid attempting to build a machine, at least in your current state of mind.

I don't think that any of us here are really equipped to deal with the anxiety, angst, or incoherent and rambling thought patterns you have exhibited thus far, let alone what you're trying to pass off as sentence structure.

BTW, my Emachines T-5026 just reached its 5th birthday. If you'd like to check in and wish it many happy returns, (pun not intended), here's the link; http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic143315.html

I would argue that it is not really possible to be an "unknowing victim" of Emachines.

You bought it because it was cheap, cheap s*** breaks. So where's the surprise, the mystery, or the unpredictability?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknowing-victim-of-emachine-board-replacement-socket-754-478.143436/
Relevancy 59.34%

Never mind I answerd my own question.

A:Motherboard 423 socket or 478 socket??

I take it you have another POST concerning this? You should mark that as SOLVED using "Thread Tools" button at the top of its page.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-423-socket-or-478-socket.359361/
Relevancy 58.91%

hey guys well here is some info sorry its 1.6ghz drive compatibility hard replacement and PSU socket athlon OLD for a not much but im scared the random shutdowns will damage my components PC INFO i got a ghz Amd athlon socket a windows xp pro mb ram gb WD ide hard drive rpm CPU my computer turns off randomly i think it might be because of the heat it reaches up to celsius within mins i had it since like or i uses a watt psu i replaced the cpu fan PSU replacement and hard drive compatibility for OLD 1.6ghz athlon socket a recently with a coolmaster cpu fan and it seem to be a few degree lower but it still shuts down randomly PSU I plan on getting a new psu but unsure which features i would need I plan on going with a seasonic brand I just want a psu that will be compatible with my old ide hard drive Can i hook up my ide and if i buy a sata hard drive together sorry guys if this is a stupid question thanks in advance for your help nbsp

A:PSU replacement and hard drive compatibility for OLD 1.6ghz athlon socket a

I do not recommend mixing IDE with SATA - especially with older motherboards. There are some compatibility concerns with older controllers and boards.
For a PSU, google PSU calculator, add 30% to the results and buy quality.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-replacement-and-hard-drive-compatibility-for-old-1-6ghz-athlon-socket-a.95925/
Relevancy 58.05%

Well I Just Bought A Broken Emachines I Thought The Capacitors Where Blown But They Look Fine The Problem Is It Wont Post It Has A Via Chipset Thats Probly The Problem I Dont Want To Get The Emachines Replacement Because It Costs 2 Much The Emachine Is A T2200 If Any Body Could Help Me Find A Great Fit Motherboard That You Can Hook Up The Front Usb Port To The Motherboard That Would Be Great It Has A Amd Processor And I Would Like It To Have Onboard Video It Dosent Matter What Ram It Takes

A:Emachines Bad Motherboard Whats A Good Replacement Motherboard

Need a motherboard here too

for the same model that is

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-bad-motherboard-whats-a-good-replacement-motherboard.29980/
Relevancy 57.19%

Need to replace cable port and can't seem to find replacement part in UK - only from America.  Any suggestions??
thanks

A:Dell Inspiron 15 5547 DC Power Jack Socket Port and Cable - replacement part in UK???

Hi JS246 ,
What is the exact issue on the system? Have you checked with another Dell OEM power adapter? Is the current adapter working fine? Is the adapter frayed?
If you have isolated the source to be indeed the dc power cable, then assuming there is no warranty on the machine, you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ
If you are looking to replace the parts yourself, then you could contact a 3rd party Dell parts seller - http://bit.ly/28SYFVc- they ship parts to UK. Or check on Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/28QNXQ0
Write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Let us know if you have any other queries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983939
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a pc100 socket 7 motherboard with a amd 500 processor that does respond to the keyboard do you think its the processor or the motherboard?
Thanks

A:socket 7 motherboard

More then likely neither. Does it work from a Dos prompt. Boot from a boot disk and see if it works...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/socket-7-motherboard.33970/
Relevancy 56.76%

I've read some of the other posts of similar problems but mine seems different.

First of all, can u power up a computer without a CPU installed and still see video on your monitor?

I am building a new sytem entirely of new parts, EXEPT the CPU is old. New Gigabyte GA965P-DS3 motherboard, new Geforce 6800 PCI express video card, Intel P4 CPU (old).

Anyway, when I power up, everything seems to be working but no video when the CPU is NOT INSTALLED.. When I INSTALL the old CPU, the system runs for 5 seconds and then shuts off automatically (and no video during that time as well).

Now, I also tried this using an old ASUS motherboard..EXACT same thing, only when I powered up the old board WITH the old CPU, I saw video on the monitor, but only for the 5 seconds before the system shuts off.

Any thoughts anyone? thanks a heap for your help/input!!!

A:Bad motherboard or CPU? Socket 775

Did you use any thermal paste/pad when you installed the CPU into the motherboard? If not, it will immediately overheat and automatically shut your system down to protect it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-motherboard-or-cpu-socket-775.58636/
Relevancy 56.76%

Does anyone know where I could buy a Socket 478 Motherboard with PCI-E x16???
Here in Canada??

A:Motherboard Socket 478 with PCI-E

They don't have this board at www.tigerdirect.ca (the only Canadian seller I know of) but maybe you can find it somewhere else?

Edit: See vnf4ultra's post below. Nice catch vnf.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-socket-478-with-pci-e.64502/
Relevancy 56.76%

I am trying to put together a bunch of old parts and make a computer. The motherboard is a socket 5 w/ an sis 85C501-503 chipset. The bios is an award s/n 0161644769. Since it is now a bunch of parts, I can't turn it on to find the bios string. I need to find specs for this MB. It has what appears to be a sound card to attach the HD. There are no plugs on the MB. I know this is a waste of time, but I have more time than money. Can anyone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/socket-5-motherboard.123363/
Relevancy 56.76%

I was wondering before i went out and bought a motherboard which is the best cpu out for an AMD. Socket A, Socket 754, Socket 939?

A:Best Socket for an AMD motherboard?

940! But I would guess not practical for you. The next would be the 939. The future and the best socket available for the average person. Supports SLI, PCIe, AGP, you name it, it does it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-socket-for-an-amd-motherboard.399663/
Relevancy 56.76%

According to this article Intel introduced Socket 775 which is technically identical to 478:
http://www.tomshardware.com/2004/03/01/sneak_preview/page14.html
Is there ANY way I can install a socket 775 CPU on a 478 motherboard? Is there an interface board out yet? Is it technically possible at all?

A:Use Socket 775 CPU on 478 Motherboard

It is unlikely that you will be able to install a 775 processor in a socket 478 motherboard, primarily due to the CPU design. As you may know, the 775 does not have pins on the CPU anymore. The pins now reside on the motherboard. A second point is the motherboard support of 775 processors. If such and adaptor existed, you may not be able to find a firmware for your motherboard to support the newer 775 processors, due to different cores and all. The adaptor, if made/supported by the motherboard manufacture, will be limited to work with that particular manufacturer's products.

Looking at the provided link, the pin count for each type of cpu is different so you won't be able connect them all to the socket connector. Since the socket 478 only supports upto Prescott, there is no point in looking at a 775 option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/use-socket-775-cpu-on-478-motherboard.462555/
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm buying a new Motherboard and CPU in a combination bundle for a good price. My current Dell 4500S is a Socket 478. The one I want to get is a Socket 775. I'm confused on how this works. Since the CPU and Motherboard match each other, does it matter what my current socket type is? Like, do I have to get a 478? Or can I go ahead and get the 775?

Relevancy 56.76%

What is the best motherboard for socket 370???(pentium III @ 600Mhz+) Which one has the most rock solid stablility with best 2/3D graphic performance and processing performance?? And if possible, something that's still current on the market, something I can purchase tomorrow =)

A:Best Motherboard-socket 370

Odd you got no replys yet....
I been looking at MB ratings and it seems Abit is tops these days..
Asus and Aopen, Gigabyte, MSI are good boards also.. Epox is not so good, and FIC has been bad for me and others I know....

do a www.google.com search for your (socket 370 rating)
you find alot of info on those

Billy

------------------------------------------------
Most good judgement comes from experience.
Most experience comes from bad judgement.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-motherboard-socket-370.114639/
Relevancy 56.76%

does this do any good?

ASRock "K8 COMBO-Z" ALi M1689 Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 754 and 939 CPU

Model# K8 COMBO-Z
Item # N82E16813157035

Specifications:
Supported CPU: Socket 754 and 939 AMD Athlon 64/Athlon 64FX and Sempron Processors
Chipset: ALi M1689
i am going to build a new pc. but my money was kind of short. well ..any way just want want to know did someone usind this MOD ..?
it's that good ?

A:Motherboard For AMD Socket 754 and 939 CPU ?

OCworkbench.com has a review on it. Looks like it performs up to par with the other boards supporting athlon64's. They didn't note any large problems with it.

If your not planning to overclock it it looks like a decent board. If your going to OC it, get something else. The board has no lock on the AGP/PCI and no Dimm voltage adjustments.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-for-amd-socket-754-and-939-cpu.288746/
Relevancy 56.33%

I ve been looking mainly on old question, 8/5 motherboard Odd socket ebay Odd question, old socket 8/5 motherboard and actually managed to get a dual socket and a dual socket motherboard I have questions about both Namely on the socket does anyone know where I might possibly Odd question, old socket 8/5 motherboard start looking for a quad socket motherboard I know they existed and I know all ppros could be put at least up to at a time with each other I have pentium pros lying around and they are currently the only cpu type I have that I cannot find a decent board for On the socket motherboard This thing is massive By massive I mean huge By huge i mean it will not fit in a full ATX tower case It has integrated LAN integrated video integrated IDE and SCSI as well as memory modules I have no idea if this thing is functional Why Because I cannot supply Odd question, old socket 8/5 motherboard it with power It has what LOOKS like an ATX power connector however it has extra pins on the end An ATX power supply lead FITS into it but leaves pins open Obviously that isn t going to work Does anyone know what type of power supply might fit into this board nbsp

A:Odd question, old socket 8/5 motherboard

Is the socket 5 board out of a proprietary PC i.e. Compaq/IBM/Ast/Dell etc? if so then they probably use their own power supplies and custom cases.

And LOL how did you end up with 17 pentium pros? and which pros are they - are they the 200Mhz 512ks ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/odd-question-old-socket-8-5-motherboard.2754/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello Everyone!

i live in the sierra foothill just outside of Oakdale CA in a town call Groveland. our claim to fame is not only being the gatway to Yosmite Nat Park but that we also have the oldest running salon on the west coast. Its call the Iron Door Salon.

Here's what i need help with. I had a custom laptop made about a year and a half ago. The motherboard has gone bad on it and aparently it is not made any more. The laptop is a notebook NPN710 with a 479M socket. i would like replace or if possible repair the motherboard. Any suggestion of where to look or do?

A:Motherboard with a 479M socket

Probably not worth fixing. The board is available at NewEgg, and via a Google search...
This is part of the series called the Pentium M .Tthe 479M is the mobile version of the 478 motherboard.
When you get the board, you still have to buy new cpu cooler attachment.
Variations of the board have been installed by a number of manufacturers including HP, IBM Thinkpad, Compaq...
Some possible models include
A Variety of Intel boards.
MPGA-479M
Tyan S3095G30R
Quanta 308F
CompaL 0860, 8051
Intel D4P515, SL6F7, and SL6FA... among others.
Get the part number off your existing motherboard because the variations do not fit other cases than the one for which they are designed... the technology is nearly the same, but the shape of the board id different, and most require add-ons depending on the case into which they will be fit.
You should be able to find boards on eBay...
You can expect to pay $195 plus shipping, but might get lucky and find one new for $59... or even $49... but there is no way to tell if it will fit until you try it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-with-a-479m-socket.99167/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey everyone I m doing a new build with an MSI P PSU Socket Fan Solved: Motherboard M M L motherboard and an Intel E Core Duo CPU The motherboard has fan plugs for PSU CPU and Chassis Is it okay to plug my rear case fan into the PSU socket leaving the Chassis socket for a front fan It s a standard-looking -pin socket Common sense tells me it s fine to plug a case fan into it my Thermaltake PSU doesn t require a fan plug but I m just looking for confirmation Solved: Motherboard PSU Fan Socket While I m here I may as well ask a Solved: Motherboard PSU Fan Socket couple more questions concerning this build Do the experts agree with the directions at ArcticSilver com that for Core Duos you should apply a thin Solved: Motherboard PSU Fan Socket line down the middle of the heat-spread as opposed to a BB sized dot Finally I m using Sata for my primary HDD with XP Pro I have two spare Pata HDDs that I want to use for backup and my LG Super-multi DVD burner and LG DVD-ROM are both IDE as well Would the best configuration be Primary IDE HDD Master DVD burner Slave and Secondary IDE HDD Master DVD-ROM Slave Or is there a better way to configure Thanks for any input I m finally catching up with the times though always behind updating from my beloved Socket GHz P Northwood Rounding out my components are a WD GB MB cache Sata HDD x GB Corsair DDR RAM and an Antec Centurion case Not bad for about Gotta love Newegg and Ebay nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi
Stupidly I have bent 3 or 4 pins on the Motherboard CPU socket. Is there a way to realign them, if so what is the best way to do it, or will I have to replace the Mobo as a result of my hamfisted exploits? I did fit the CPU and all seems ok, but it worries me that I may have instability as time goes on. The Mobo is an Abit IP35 Pro. Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks

Relevancy 56.33%

Ive searched newegg and tigerdirect but i cant seem to find anything of the sort. I have DDR2 in another computer and i dont have enough money to buy more RAM so i need to take it out of my other computer and use in this motherboard. I am looking for socket 939 particularly because of the processor bus speed since i will be gaming, so if you have any solution that might not particulary be what im looking for, but maybe an alternative then im all ears, i just dont want to find that i have to revamp my computer in another few weeks . (also an AGP slot would be ideal). Thanks

A:Looking for Motherboard: AMD socket 939 w/ DDR2 RAM bus

Socket 939 does not support DDR2, you need socket AM2.
I doubt you would find one with AGP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-motherboard-amd-socket-939-w-ddr2-ram-bus.516552/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,
I was planning to buy a AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ on 7/24 when it is suppose to drop in price when Intels new processor is comes out. So i need help choosing a good mother board that is around no more then $100 no inclu tax or shipping. Also i am trying to find a motherboard with 2000mhz FSB or over 1000mhz thats under my budget. Thx for helping!

Here are some that I was looking at:
ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 Ultra MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

Gigabyte K8U-939

A:Help Picking Motherboard Socket 939

I would stick with the AM2 boards and chips since they are the "latest and greatest" from AMD. The Gigabyte board you picked is a socket 939 board. Here a a couple of decent AM2 socket boards:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130050
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128010

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-picking-motherboard-socket-939.54779/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

someone is kindly giving me a processor and 2 gigs of ram. I will post the exact details once I find out, but he has told me that I'll need to get a motherboard, that is socket 939.

What would be a good one - a fair compromise between price and quality?]

thanks,

gubar

A:What is a decent socket 939 motherboard?

Look at the reviews on www.tomshardware.com. There are several good ones.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-a-decent-socket-939-motherboard.99054/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,
Am looking for the best AM3 Socket and DDR2 Motherboard.

As you may know am in the uk but model numbers help. Thanks

A:Best AM3 Socket and DDR2 Motherboard

Welcome to SevenForums: Your asking a very objective question.
In your case living in the UK your first going to have to find what's available to you.

Second we would need to know your budget.

So my suggestion is to google reviews on AM3 DDR2 boards and see if the one that meets your requirements is available to you. As you'll get alot of members personal manufacturers preference or linked to a site that is not available to you.

Here's a place to start. AM3 DDR2 motherboard reviews - Google Search Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/114358-best-am3-socket-ddr2-motherboard.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi there.

I opened up my laptop to give it a good ol spring clean for New Year's and this little socket came lose. The writing near the area it was located in says "speaker wire 4 pins"

1) Does that mean the whole motherboard is useless if I don't get it re-soldered on, or will I just have no speaker sound if I don't get it reattached?

2) I reassembled the laptop, and there's no power now when connected by the power supply. The light doesn't even blink to show there's power flow entering the laptop. Is this due to the loose connector thing? (I can't test the battery..... It's been dead for a year or two)

Any help is greatly appreciated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/small-socket-on-motherboard-came-off.1163402/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a ECS motherboard with a Socket PGA 370 and a CPU slot(i don't know what model is the motheboard). Pls somebody just give me a link with a possible manual for my mainboard!!!!!!!!

Thanks...............

A:Need a manual for motherboard ECS Socket PGA 370 !!!!

intel or amd?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-manual-for-motherboard-ecs-socket-pga-370.81031/
Relevancy 56.33%

I need some good recommendations for a socket 775 mobo with integrated graphics for budget builds. I would like to keep the price at $60 or under. I have recently built a lot of systems using MSI and the Via chipset and they seem to be pretty reliable and stable but I am always looking at other manufacturers. My distributor recommended an Asus P5GC-MX as a good mobo, but I have heard that Asus has had its share of problems lately. I would like you guys to chime in on this thread as most of my customers are looking for basic features, price and reliability.

A:Socket 775 motherboard recommendations

I can tell you what NOT to use...

P5VD2-VM. Had 3 fail in a row.

Reminds me of the disastrous P4s800-MX.
Every build failed within 3 months {9 in total}

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-775-motherboard-recommendations.87883/
Relevancy 56.33%

Which motherboard is best. What is the real difference, is one more upgradable, newer, faster?

Which one would be most recomended?

A:Socket754 vs socket 939 motherboard

Look HERE and take your pick.

A 939 mobo is the way to go.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket754-vs-socket-939-motherboard.32201/
Relevancy 56.33%

I built a computer in hardware class and the mobo our prof got us is a MSI K8MM-V. It is a socket 754 with a Sempron 64 bit processor. My question is this:
Is this mobo okay enough to try to get a better processor for, or should I instead replace the mobo with a better one? I know the 754 is kind of old technology, so I'm just wondering what to do. thanks,

A:question about socket 745 motherboard

Well, I would suggest upgrading your motherboard, because the best 754 socket CPU you can get is a AMD Athlon 64 3000+, but they are no longer being made. Instead I suggest that you purchase a new motherboard with a 939 socket. For your CPU I would suggest a AMD Athlon 64 3200+.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-socket-745-motherboard.48552/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

I need to replace an Asus P5LP-LE motherboard with a new one... My pc specs are:

Core 2 Duo E6300 Conroe 65nm
3GB DDR2 Dual Channel @667MHz
HD 4870 X2
600W PSU
300GB Hard Disk

I need a new motherboard with:

- Core 2 Duo/Quad/Extreme support
- DDR2 Dual Channel Support
- a PCI-E port for my GPU
- decent overclocking features

Who can give me some suggestions? I'm not going to spend a lot of money on it, so a mid-end motherboard should be ok for me..
And no, I'm not going to replace all my pc... I only need a new motherboard with these features..

A:need new motherboard socket 775/DDR2

I use Newegg as a measure of what's currently available. (They only ship to the US and Canada, though.)

With your list of requirements, you get Hobson's choice (no choice at all):

Newegg.com - ASRock G31M-GS R2.0 LGA 775 Intel G31 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

You'd get more choices if you were willing to go to DDR3. (At Newegg, 2X2 GB of DDR3 1333 is available for less than $20US.)

I hope that an industry standard motherboard will fit in that HP. (I have no reason to believe that there will be a problem. I just have an abiding suspicion of appliance PCs.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/267474-need-new-motherboard-socket-775-ddr2.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello All,

I have a 8800gtx system which is a tad slow, so I was going to buy another for SLI purposes.

But I have a Asus P5K Premium (which is crossfire).

Can anyone reccomend a decent SLI mobo?

Regards,

Alex.

A:Socket 775 SLI motherboard reccomendations?

might i suggest just buying a GTX 260 and save your money on the MB and a new card you will get about double the performance of the 8800gtx for a little over $220 man. Just make sure your PSU can handle it you really only need a 500W PSU with a good 12v rail. The MB you have is a nice MB and it would be alot better to just have 1 high end card as opposed to 2 last gen cards in Sli which takes up alot of space and Watts. Trust me you will love the GTX 260.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-775-sli-motherboard-reccomendations.119028/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey everyone, I have been upgrading my pc a little. I recently purchased an AMD 64x2 3800 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103562 and A-Data 2x1g PC 3200 DDR Ram http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211014 now Im considering upgrading my Asus A8V Deluxe mobo and Asus 9550 128mb vid card. My questions are will an upgrade to a PCI Express mobo and a better card compliment the new stuff i just purchased. Im not looking to build a supercomputer, just something that will perform better then what I have now (with oc capability) but still staying with the 939 socket.

Thanks

Asus A8V Deluxe/AMD 64 Athlon X2 3200+/Maxtor 80g/2x1g A-Data DDR/ Asus Radeon 9550/ Audigy SE Sound Blaster Lite On LTR52327S CD ROM/Sony G120A DVD

A:Motherboard upgrade socket 939 ???

PCIX video pretty quick refresh rates, but the PCI-Express 16X does a good job too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-upgrade-socket-939.77552/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I just want to ask what motherboard will fit to AMD Duron Processor??

it is Socket A/462

and DDR RAM ?? heheh

just my motherboard is already dead .. . . thnx

A:Socket A motherboard for AMD Duron ... DDR RAM .

What is brand and model of computer?

It is actually less costly for that model, to replace the cpu and motherboard together for that old, old unit... You can actually get a used computer that works well for less than it would cost you to fix that Duron.

Whatever you do, you will have trouble with Windows, as it will detect a change in hardware and refuse to cooperate until you run a repair install.

Do you have proprietary software, such as a Windows version for a specific brand?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-a-motherboard-for-amd-duron-ddr-ram.147224/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey let me Motherboard Power Socket start by saying I m fairly new to this so please bare with me when it Motherboard Power Socket comes to a lack of calling things by their actual name I ll try and be a descriptive as possible I ve Motherboard Power Socket been using computers for a while now I ve made some small upgrades such as more memory DVD drives graphics cards etc and feel fairly confident so decided to build my own from scratch I ordered all the parts being careful to check everything was compatible with everything else and I was happy when they arrived about an hour ago all new and shiny with quot that quot smell I flicked through the manuals pulled up a few guides online and got to putting it together everything was going fine until it came to plugging the PSU into the motherboard I can see two power plugs coming from the PSU one has pins and plugged into the motherboard perfectly fine One has slightly more pins and I found the socket for that too but upon plugging it in I noticed that the plug was shorter than the socket leaving squares of it empty I made a crude diagram to explain The quot plug quot coming from the PSU is slightly longer than my drawing but the white area is the same I have unused um squares on the Power Socket Now the plug does fit in fine with no effort but I m afraid to power it on incase something goes wrong - Any suggestions Or am I worrying over nothing nbsp

A:Motherboard Power Socket

yeah!,you got me confused with "Plug/socket"

Assuming you have the standard ATX type;

first to look for is how many pins you have in your motherboard & that will tell you if you have a matched number of pinouts with your PSU molex connector.ATX power supplies have either 20 or 24 pinouts as well as with motherboards.

if you have your PSU's molex connector exactly like this then you have no problem.otherwise you need to send back the PSU to the seller & ask for the appropriate one..just to be safe

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-power-socket.97199/
Relevancy 55.47%

Does anyone know of any board that will do this? like the Asrock one? which is out of stock everywhere.

or know of anywhere i can find an asrock?

here is a link to the asrock of which i speak

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157097

A:Looking for a Motherboard that will support 939 socket, DDR ram, and has an AGP slot

I found one. All I can say is good choice of motherboards, ASRock America is in essense ASUS.

http://www.pcplanetsystems.com/abc/product_details.php?category_id=114&item_id=1911

Sorry about the high price.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-motherboard-that-will-support-939-socket-ddr-ram-and-has-an-agp-slot.75957/
Relevancy 55.47%

Gigabyte K8VT890-9 Via Socket 939 ATX Motherboard

This motherboard is one i have my eye on. It says i can run both DDR and DDR2 RAM ?! I dont think thats right. That's why im posting, maybe you guys can tell me whats going on.

ww.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1497162&Sku=G452-2316&SRCCODE=GOOPROD&CMP=OTC-FROOGLE

Relevancy 55.47%

Hello everyone nbsp I have been gathering up items for a upgrade to my computer I've got a lot of new items Graphics (Socket H30 - Lenovo Motherboard Pow... 0) - Sharkbay Card and case etc as well as the left-over compenents from the Lenovo H The problem is I purchased a Power Supply Unit from Amazon and the pins which hooked up to the motherboard didn't fit there was one with too many and one which had the right amount of pins but two of the pins wouldn't fit in So my question is Will a Corsair Power Supply unit be able to hook up correctly with the Lenovo Sharkbay Motherboard I am really looking forward H30 - Lenovo Sharkbay (Socket 0) Motherboard - Pow... to hooking H30 - Lenovo Sharkbay (Socket 0) Motherboard - Pow... everything up but I don't want to waste money getting a Power Supply Unit which is not going to work or be compatiable with my Motherboard Sorry if this is a stupid question I'm not the best when it comes to computers I'm trying I'll add all the motherboard based information below in this post which I got from Speccy in-case you need any of that information nbsp http H30 - Lenovo Sharkbay (Socket 0) Motherboard - Pow... i imgur com qqyocFS png nbsp nbsp Moderator comment Model added to subject for clarity

A:H30 - Lenovo Sharkbay (Socket 0) Motherboard - Pow...

You still need an adapter most likely to connect your power supply to the motherboard.http://www.amazon.com/Power-Supply-Adapter-Cable-Lenovo/dp/B00WE5KSFQ

I'm a Lenovo advocate, part of the Lenovo INsiders program. #LenovoIN. I don't work for Lenovo.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/H30-Lenovo-Sharkbay-Socket-0-Motherboard-Power-Supply-Unit/td-p/2274052
Relevancy 55.47%

Following my previous thread (now SOLVED) on the above subject I would like to ask to people willing to help what can be done to this motherboard, no more manufactured and no more avialable. WHEN connected with all bits and pieces the machine lights on, the CPU fan runs and from the MB there are continuous beeps lasting 5secs. There is nothing wrong with the RIMMs and CRIMMs as previously suggested as they work perfectly well on another machine. I presume that one or two sockets, where RIMM should seat have been damaged. The 4 banks look extractable from the board.

My question: can the 4 sockets be pulled out and replaced with 4 new ones. The board was working perfectly well until one 128mb module was taken out and immediately thereafter reset into the slot, though with some difficulties.

Thank you very much for any help, advice or suggestion.

carlo di giorgio

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-dfi-wt70-423-pin-socket-with-rimms.764277/
Relevancy 55.47%

I would like to upgrade my CPU from the i3 I currently have to an i5. Both CPUs are 1150 sockets and the motherboard does support the new i5 I would like to install. My concern is once I do the swap do I have to do anything? Re-load drivers, OS, anything? Or, will the motherboard recognize the new CPU without incident?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/128505-swapping-cpus-same-motherboard-socket.html
Relevancy 55.47%

can anyone that used this mobo give some comments on it?

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/4137243?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

im looking a basic mobo wit a low-cost yet has good stability.

A:anyone using this mobo? ECS PT800CE-A Socket 478 Motherboard

egrialuca said:

can anyone that used this mobo give some comments on it?

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/4137243?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

im looking a basic mobo wit a low-cost yet has good stability.Click to expand...

ECS mainboards are cheap for a reason. Don' buy one. How much money do you want to spend? What are your needs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anyone-using-this-mobo-ecs-pt800ce-a-socket-478-motherboard.366312/
Relevancy 55.47%

I've upgraded to a w PSU and a GTX TI card but ran into the -pin motherboard socket connection problem I hear there's a Motherboard - Q... Pin 300-20ISH IdeaCentre 10 Socket DIY fix with a -pin to a -pin adapter modified to a -pin connector So far this IdeaCentre 300-20ISH - 10 Pin Motherboard Socket Q... remedy seems to work for the Ideacentre series but I'm uncertain if it will also work for the series looks like they both have the -pin sockets nbsp My question is will I be able to apply the Series fix to my - ISH PC seeing that they both have -pin sockets I will be getting the -pin to -pin in the mail soon but don't know if they both have the same socket configuration I got a good deal at Costco for this PC but I'm seriously thinking of returning it It is suppose to replace my old Core i - PC I built years ago but not sure now nbsp I really would appreciate any info or advice on the matter nbsp Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/IdeaCentre-300-20ISH-10-Pin-Motherboard-Socket-Question/td-p/3346553
Relevancy 55.47%

My Aloe-GL8E motherboard has 6 SATA sockets of various colors - Black, white, blue, yellow, red . What do the colors mean on this board, since I think they are all 3 GB/s? I want to add a second HDD - does it matter which socket it goes in?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:motherboard sata socket identification

The sockets are numbered 1 thru 6.  The boot order will follow these in succession.I did find a reference.  Can you verify the color and number?Dark blue - Disk 1White - Disk 2Light blue - Disk 3Yellow - Disk 4Red - Disk 5Black - Disk 6

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/motherboard-sata-socket-identification/td-p/5691633
Relevancy 55.47%

I might use this board for a build. DDR3 is about the same price as DDR2, so I will use DDR3, but to my surprise, there are only 1 board that meets this criteria? That's all I can find. Have any of you builders seen any? I can't believe it. I already have the CPU (Core 2 Quad Q8400) or I would probably go with an i5 but this should work fine. I just can't believe this is the only one. It looks like it was just released one or two months ago too. Do you know of one?

Micro ATX
775 Socket
DDR3 Memory standard

Newegg.com - ASUS P5G43T-M Pro LGA 775 Intel G43 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

A:DDR3 micro ATX socket 775 motherboard?

i'll get back to you on this......

its the ''MATX'' part that's the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/42372-ddr3-micro-atx-socket-775-motherboard.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My old machine and I are destined to part ways sooner than later. Unfortunately, the pocket book would much rather it be later. I have come into the possesion of a 6 month old Athlon 64 XP 3200+ Socket 939 and would like to build a new computer around it.

I would also like to reuse as many of the existing parts I have as Possible, which include:

40 gb WD HD AtA 100
160 gb WD HD ATA 100

2 Kingston Dual DDR PC 3200 512

Nvidia Geforce 6200 AGP 256 mb

I know switching out the hard drives would be better, but these are fairly new and have a lot of data on them.

Also, do I need to buy a copy of Windows xp 64, and will my exitsting software run with that. The biggest thing I am trying to acheive is video editing (I,m using Pinnacle's Studio 9 plus) and actual DVD burning.

Any suggestions regarding a motherboard and anything else would help.

A:Motherboard for a Used Athlon 64 XP 3200+ Socket 939

First we need to be sure of the cpu. Is it an Athlon 64 or an Athlon XP? XP's used Socket A and 64's used Socket 939 (also Socket 754 and AM2). Since you mentioned that the CPU uses 939 then it is the Athlon 64. But we need to be sure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-for-a-used-athlon-64-xp-3200-socket-939.59979/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey guys,
I was looking for a motherboard with pc3200 ram capability and a socket 478 for a p4 celeron. I was looking on newegg and saw a ton of great value boards but i need something with an AGP/PCI lock and other features so I can overclock the processor. Can anyone help me out finding a good overclocking board?
Thanks,
Jonathan
Oh yeah, I need 533Mhz or better fsb.... Thanks

A:socket 478 good overclocking motherboard

The things you need are agp/pci lock, adjustable fsb, and adjustable memory dividers. The best way to find if a board has these is to find a board that you like(one that's a good candidate), then dl the manual and look at the bios section. If it has the settings, it should work. I was in a similar situation, but more limited, as I needed a matx(as opposed to atx) board that could oc, which is much harder to find. I settled on a gigabyte 8IG1000MK, it only lacks vcore adjustment, which limits how far I can go a little bit, but still, my 1.8p4 was at 2.5ghz stable, a good oc for stock voltage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-478-good-overclocking-motherboard.28440/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have the HP ENVY 750-055xt which uses the Kaili motherboard.  There is an mSATA socket on the motherboard and I have inserted a Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD.  Happily this solid state drive works and is recognized immediately by Windows 7 with no further fuss.  However, the motherboard does not have the small screw to secure the tiny mSATA drive securely on the motherboard.  Does anyone know the correct screw size used to secure the mSATA SSD to the Kaili motherboard?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Motherboard-screws-for-mSATA-socket/td-p/5756208
Relevancy 55.47%

I bought this motherboad to complete a backup computer my gripe is that There s isn t anything labeled on Motherboard MS-6511 MSI KM133 Socket A his board I don t know where to connect the cables for the front panel or the usb pin connectors There s not alot on the net about this board at all and the only page that I did find had the following description for the pins HD POWER DR BLINK GRN HDA GND HDR BLINK YEL FP BUT in FP RESET GND FPSLP V IRRX IRTX IR P Now here s what on the front panel cables Power SW Reset Sw Power Led and - HD LED Now I understand what the panel connectors mean but if anyone can decifer what the hell the other stuff on the board means please let MSI MS-6511 KM133 Socket A Motherboard me know I don t wanna screw around and fry this board but I ve built lots of computers but I never came accorss this problem before PLEASE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

I have an ASUS A8N-SLI motherboard with 1gig of ram (2x512mb - i can't remember the brand or anything) currently and want to add an extra gig of ram. I don't know what type to buy tho, any help? =)

A:What type of memory do I buy for a socket 939 motherboard

This would work: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145440

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-type-of-memory-do-i-buy-for-a-socket-939-motherboard.769722/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi there, just need some serious freakin help on this one.

Alright, so I went and bought a "PC CHIPS M755LMRE Sckt 370 AT MOTHERBOARD" from ebay. Trouble is, I can't find ANY information about this motherboard at all. No user manuals, jumper settings, etc.

Also, This board claimed to have onboard audio/video/lan. Again, trouble is that it needs cables to work and of course the auction didn't include the cables. I did a quick google (a few quick googles later...) and I couldn't come up with one single site that has these very important cables. In fact non of them had even heard of these cables at all.

Is there anyone out there that can direct me on the right path to finding the manual and cables?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

A:Need serious help with PC chips M755LMRE Socket 370 AT motherboard

Have you tried contacting the seller to see if he can help you out, at least with a link to the manufacturers homepage?

And if the cables are required to use the onboard sound/lan/video (I can understand how sound and (possibly) the lan connector requires cables, but onboard video?) and they were not included even though the board was sold without notice of this, you should be able to cancel the sale...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-serious-help-with-pc-chips-m755lmre-socket-370-at-motherboard.30443/
Relevancy 55.47%

I recently removed an Intel Q quad core processor from a Socket Gigabyte motherboard and found all kinds of bent motherboard 775 pins Bent on Socket pins Bent pins on Socket 775 motherboard on the motherboard after removal Don t understand how they got bent The computer has worked OK with that processor in that motherboard until my CPU fan died and killed my CPU I removed the CPU to replace it and found a mass of bent pins on the motherboard Don t understand how this happened It could not have been this way before the Processor fried so I must have did it while removing the CPU It has the two tabs there so have a difficult time understanding how you bend pins pulling that processor out of the socket Just a matter of releasing the latch and pulling the processor out Would appreciate any advice on what I did wrong because the mistake cost me for another motherboard The pins are mangled and cannot be straightened Thanks for your advice Jim nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Have just been given a Foxconn 45CMX Motherboard. Some pins on the board have been damaged and at this stage my tactic is to grab a magnifying glass and a stanley knife and just pick n prod them into place...I've done this sort of thing on CPUs but considering the CPU will be pushed into the pins I was wondering if 'one who is more experienced than I' can offer some pointers.

Cheers

Blair

A:Any tips on repairing a socket 775 motherboard?

Doing this kind of thing is really a waste of your time... and effort

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-tips-on-repairing-a-socket-775-motherboard.130622/
Relevancy 55.47%

I was curious to as if anyone has tried installing more that 4 GB of 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) on this board. I have read mixed reviews on if this board can support more than 4 GB but I have read it can support up to 16. Thanks in advance! Any useful links/tips to help me find out would be much appreciated as well.

Relevancy 55.04%

I am having a computer built with the Asus A N SLI Motherboard and have done a lot of research I know that I need to replace the chipset fan with the Zalman cnps B-cu cpu cooler but getting confused about the best hard drive in the to G category and memory to have installed Also any suggestions on the AMD processor The computer tech who is building it recommends the AMD A8N Asus Deluxe Motherboard SLI Athlon but I know that the dual core processors are now being offered Because I will probably keep this new computer for at least years the one that I use now is years old - still chuggs along I try to get a computer with top of the line hardware Also he recommends Windows XP Home Asus A8N SLI Deluxe Motherboard but a lot of people state that the only way to go is Xp Pro I ve been researching all of this for weeks and I m starting to feel that I need a brain transplant I would sincerely appreciate any suggestions or comments nbsp

A:Asus A8N SLI Deluxe Motherboard

All right so you are going with the 939! If you really want THE best processor, go either AMD 64 fx57 or 4800 x2. They will both cost you about a $1000.
If you want to stay around the $350 mark, the 90nm 64 3700 is a good choice.
As far as Hard drives go, reccomend a 7200 rpm 8mb cache SATA, if you go Seagate you can even get native command queing! Two of these in a raid 0,1 and you have a OS that runs like you put it on a 20,000 rpm hard drive.(not quite but it is damn fast and safe.)
I would say go for Pro if you won't upgrade to Longhorn, home if you will upgrade. If you want to be safe and don't mind everything not running perfectly everytime. Go SUSE or Redhat Linux.
RAM, don't go generic. PNY, Kingston are good, I can't remember if this board supportd dual channel or not, but if it does make sure you buy in pairs to get the best performance.
Scatter brained approach to helping, sorry but I hope I helped

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-a8n-sli-deluxe-motherboard.384821/
Relevancy 55.04%

this motherboard has an nvidianforce2 spp northbridge and an nvidia nforcemcp (deluxe model0 southbridge. My os is win98se.

The manual tells me to make a directory wsr under windows and transfer windows files to it.

I cannot get the file win386 to copy to this directory. Tells me it is in use.
I am therefore unable to download the nvidia nforce drivers from the cd to the computer.

I have an amd athlon2600x cpu, western digital hard drive(2), 512 mb 2700 memory, an asus ti4200 nvidia graphics card, a Santa Cruz sound card. a cd and a dvd rw installed.

Having tried everything I know to do and failed, I need help. The asus support section is no help at all as they just quote the manual. Any hel-p will be appreciated.

Relevancy 55.04%

Does it support dual-channel ram?

A:Asus A8n-sli Deluxe Motherboard

Yes it does. You can go here: http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socket939/a8nsli-d/overview.htm# and check out their Memory QVL

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8n-sli-deluxe-motherboard.23020/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello! I have exactly the same problem as in this thread with the same setup: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/457389-usb-over-current-status-detected.html

I want to roll back my bios version to 1015 but the EZ flash utility will not read from the floppy disk i only get "floppy disk not found error" altough I have renamed the file to A8V.ROM as it says in the manual. Does anyone have any sugesstions? I really need my computer:/

Relevancy 55.04%

hello

i have just changed the motherboard to a foxconn xp 748k7aa motherboard and sempron 2400 on my old computer. when i plug in the computer the power light comes on without me even powering it up, no fans whirring or no beeps. however, i have not done a clean install of the hard drive but i wouldnt have thought that would be a problem with the powering up.

do i need to put the hd into another computer and reformat it before i start

any help would be appreciated

A:foxconn motherboard and sempron 2400 socket

The power light on the motherboard comes on? That is normal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/foxconn-motherboard-and-sempron-2400-socket.447849/
Relevancy 55.04%

Recently my CPU cooler died on me so I replaced it with another one. But when I was installing the bracket for the cooler onto the motherboard I accidentally snapped off a small capacitor which was just above the CPU socket(near the edge of the board, picture attached). I've read that some of the capacitors are just for onboard audio and not essential to keep the PC running(I don't use onboard audio anyway). I don't know what this capacitor is for. Would I be able to run the PC for a few more days until I get a new motherboard or is it too risky?

A:Snapped off a small capacitor on my motherboard near CPU socket.

There is certainly no danger in running the system, whatever is not going to work will make itself known eventually...

(With any luck, might be some obscure function, and perhaps you will be unaffected.....if you are lucky)

(If unklucky, now is as good as time as any to begin planning out your next socket 1150-based Haswell-based system!)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/354386-snapped-off-small-capacitor-my-motherboard-near-cpu-socket.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I assembled a desktop maybe years ago the board finally went South It s an ASUS P C E 478 Pentium Need source for socket or IV repair motherboard motherboard uses a Pentium IV socket CPU dual channel DDR PC RAM - has slots I ve got modules for total gb RM I m not a gamer just fool around with home video amp pictures some online Need source for Pentium IV socket 478 motherboard or repair sports watch an old tv show surf the net simple things like that It s always been plenty fast for everything I do When it happened all the lights flashed rapidly and it beeped rapidly when I tried to start it Now the switch has no effect - the board powers up as soon as power is supplied to the machine Can t force quit the machine either Nothing on the monitor at all A Need source for Pentium IV socket 478 motherboard or repair tech shop checked it and said the board is bad Sounded like they checked it by swapping cpu s RAM etc I had tried a new battery first had hoped they would test the chipset etc but doesn t sound like they did much if any of those kinds of diagnostics I do have an ASUS setup disc I got with the board when I bought it that ASUS says I can use Need source for Pentium IV socket 478 motherboard or repair to reinstall the BIOS haven t tried that yet While I was poking around inside making sure there were no loose cables or other obvious simple problems I cleaned it The CPU heat sink came off the CPU so I have to get some of the heat sink grease and reattach it before I try to start it again Assuming I do need a new board I ve found that boards that will accept that old Pent IV and my ram are scarce So far just some real cheapies on Amazon and eBay Would like to find I e a refurbished direct replacement or at least something basically comparable Or even a reputable shop that may be able to repair the board if I send it to them Would much appreciate any leads or advice The machine serves my needs and I d like to avoid the cost of a new CPU and RAM Thanks nbsp

A:Need source for Pentium IV socket 478 motherboard or repair

Absolutely!

I see I failed to specify, but I need an ATX rather than a micro ATX. I did a quick search on the basic LGA 775 specs and the one I happened to see was a micro ATX, altho I imagine other forms were available?

If yours is an ATX, I'll very gratefully take you up on that.

You wouldn't happen to have a setup manual? I'm far from being very knowledgeable,
more of the typical "know enuf to get myself in trouble" level.

I would imagine I might be able to find and download a manual if you don't have one.

My zip is 89046, Searchlight NV. I'm here temporarily for a 2+ year solar-steam generating plant project, then RETIREMENT!!

Thanks so much!

Address removed for your safety. Note from mailpup: Give address in private "conversation" with Matthew.

I'd prefer FedEx ground, they deliver to me.

Let me know how much, throw in some extra for your packaging and time/trouble.
And how to send the money. If you do PayPal, add extra for their cut of course.
Or I can mail a Postal MO or whatever.
Not a huge rush, I can access my "civilian" email at work if I don't overdo it.
Thanks again!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-source-for-pentium-iv-socket-478-motherboard-or-repair.184060/
Relevancy 55.04%

hello i bought a ECS P-A Socket Motherboard lately and i am wondering what i should what 775 i SIZE get CASE for a 915P-A ECS Socket Motherboard? should know in order to get the right case for it I am trying to build a pc since my last motherboard died on me the specs are ECS P-A Socket Motherboard Intel Pentium CPU GHz MB L cache HT ATI Radeon X XT MB PCI E I have a couple of HD what CASE SIZE should i get for a ECS 915P-A Socket 775 Motherboard? s ANTEC SP- SMART POWER WATT ATX V V what CASE SIZE should i get for a ECS 915P-A Socket 775 Motherboard? POWER SUPPLY i am planning to use my dvd drive and cdwriter drives from my old pc emachines t please say if any more info is needed thanks for the help My main question WHAT CASE SHOULD I GET IS the case i have from my old emachines t i can t figure out what size it is and the geek squad guy at best buy couldn t either if my emachines t one is not gonna fit then what do u guys recommend what website what brand etc the most important thing is that you help me figure out what case size i should get thanks a lot nbsp

A:what CASE SIZE should i get for a ECS 915P-A Socket 775 Motherboard?

Get an Antec Sonata II. It includes an excellent powersupply as well.
Its black, very quiet and even elegant to look at.
See description here: http://www.overclockersonline.com/index.php?page=articles&num=298
Available from most online suppliers.

Junk that emachine case, it's a piece of crap.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-case-size-should-i-get-for-a-ecs-915p-a-socket-775-motherboard.35663/
Relevancy 55.04%

Just to clarify that I'm not being silly. Bought a brand new Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z77X-UD5H Motherboard off of amazon. Was from a company selling through amazon. Product arrived with antistatic bag open which confused me a little. Contacted seller and was told its because the I/O shield is missing which is why it was cheaper than the others sold there.

Come to put a CPU in it and after removing protective cover some pins seem to be bent. Its an lga1155 socket and from images on google (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f5/Intel_Socket_1155.jpeg) the pins look like that however a few look bent straight upwards. Is it suppose to be like this or is it broken?
Spud

A:bent pins brand new motherboard socket?

None of the pins should be bent upwards. An I/O shield is one thing (presuming that it was advertised, or you knew it was missing when it was purchased), but I would return it if it has bent pins.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bent-pins-brand-new-motherboard-socket.1083394/
Relevancy 55.04%

I figured out my board is dead & now am trying to figure out how to get a better one in the same HP case and trying to figure out where to get it. I have a HP Pavilion 531w, product #: P7515A. The OS in Win Xp & Processor is Intel; 1.47 GHz. I have figured the dead board is a Trigem Lomita Socket 370 ATX Motherboard (i think).

Any ideas what I do next?

I've upgraded computers for many years, but this is my 1st time dealing with a bad board.

Also should I just take it somewhere and have someone replace it, or is it easy enough for me to do by just putting a new board in the HP case and re-connecting all the hardware?

A:Trigem Lomita Socket 370 ATX Motherboard is DEAD (Help Please)

Brand name computers can be tricky because they like to use proprietary equipment. Your best bet probably is to buy a motherboard that supports your processor and RAM, and buy a new case that comes with a powersupply. places like www.newegg.com have decent cases with powersupplies for excellent prices. Once you have a new case and mobo, you can switch out all the other components.

If you really really want to keep that case, you might be able to contact HP about replacing the motherboard. Of course, then you'd be stuck with the same 'ole motherboard, and you'll pay a pretty penny for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trigem-lomita-socket-370-atx-motherboard-is-dead-help-please.230641/
Relevancy 55.04%

Soyo K7V Dragon Plus Socket A motherboard review

http://www.3dspotlight.com/reviews/hardware/soyo_k7v-dragonplus/index.shtml

Posted by Toby Crundwell on November 30, 2001
Company: Soyo Product: K7V Dragon Plus motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soyo-k7v-dragon-plus-socket-a-motherboard-review.17/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all,

So I'm upgrading my motherboard from an ASRock which has caused me nothing but problems since I got it to a MSI. They both are intel socket motherboards. My question is, how do I go about doing this? I would prefer to keep my files from my prior build but I have read that it is necessary that I reinstall my OS before I install my motherboard. I realize I can backup my PC's files and then reinstall them once I've installed the new motherboard but are there things that I should be mindful about while working on this process?

I have a lot of specific questions about this process. So maybe a step by step instruction or something like that would be a good place to start and I can see if I have questions from there.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-motherboard-to-a-new-brand-but-same-socket-type.193961/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello all i'm new to the forum and would like to say hello to all
I need help with two problems
The first is this: The post reporter continualy repeats over and over again cpu failure and theres nothing wrong with the cpu.I have disabled it in bios but she won't stop also iv'e tried to delete it in winbond but it continues
Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it?

Question two the system was set to 200 fsb with a multiple of 11 but the bios has reverted to 100fsb if i change it to what it was ie 200 it won't boot The board has been working flawlessly for over two years.The only thing i changed is i removed one stick of ram to put in another board could that be the cause

cpu amd 2500 barton

twinmos 512mb pc 3200 ram
If you need more info just ask

kenaba

A:Asus a7n8x deluxe motherboard

How is the post reporter telling? Beeps? How many and short/long?

Swap the ram you took out with the ram you left in - I'd bet on a bad module.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7n8x-deluxe-motherboard.108094/
Relevancy 54.61%

Dear Asus P5W DH Deluxe Motherboard Users

Asus have just released BIOS 2704 Beta Version for those who are interested in downloading it. Refer to the following link:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

Warmest regards

Neil

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/142488-new-bios-asus-p5w-dh-deluxe-motherboard.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi guys I thinking about buying this motherboard A8N-SLI Deluxe,
My question is - can you run the X800xl 256mb radion card in its pci express slot, sence the board is set up to run 2 gforce 128mb 6800 cards linked together with a cable. Kinda new to this pci-express stuff. Our there two different kinds of pci-express slots?

Any help would be great.

Relevancy 54.61%

When I try installing Windows XP Pro on the hard drive I can t seem to get the hard drive detected I actually get to see it in windows XP and as well as in the BIOS but when it gets to the installaton problems K8V with Se WD360 motherboard. Deluxe It just won t see it So my mother board is an Asus K V SE Deluxe and my hard drive is a Western Digital Serial ATA drive RPM model number WD I tried the windows xp pro titanium with service pack Still couldn t detect it I also tried many drivers from the internet all of them were boot disks That din t work either I actually never checked the jumpers I know there is no slave master on the drive but where is it suposed to be placed by default Also I have other IDE hard drives but formatted in NTFS and my Raptor one is in Fat does it have anything to do with it One also has Windows XP on it Can somebody please help I ve tried so hard and can t get it to work nbsp

A:WD360 problems with K8V Se Deluxe motherboard.

Try removing all other hard drives and extra cards. Then Install XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wd360-problems-with-k8v-se-deluxe-motherboard.309450/