Windows Support Forum

Can't switch user can't copy and paste

Q: Can't switch user can't copy and paste

I ll try to shorten this some I was having some problems that I determined were either caused by the hard drive corrupted WinXP Media Version or my RAM I ran MEM Test user paste Can't switch copy can't and and it failed so I replaced the RAM with one G Can't switch user can't copy and paste stick That solved several issues I still had an issue with switching users I had the computer set up for users with myself as the admin My partition is that what it s called works just fine but if I log into one of the other three it will not allow shutdown restart log off or change user It forces me to do a hard shutdown I decided that my OS may be corrupted so I took the opportunity to install a bigger faster HD and installed WinXP Pro The problem did not go away This doesn t make sense to me What else could cause this I also have a new problem Sometimes the copy and paste feature will just quit working It seems to copy but then the Paste will not quot light up quot when I right click in the program I want to use Could this be driver related nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't switch user can't copy and paste

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can't switch user can't copy and paste

It's possible that the group policy is keeping the regular users from doing things like log off, or shutdown. You may want to check what the settings are or put all those users into a single group and give them the proper permissions to do whatever you want.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-switch-user-cant-copy-and-paste.159642/
Relevancy 76.11%

I created a User form in excel 2003, with a Text box and command button. When the form runs I want to enter text into the text box and when I press the command button, I want the text to be copied to an Excel spreedsheet cell.

A:Copy & Paste from a User Form VBA

You would be better off posting this question on the Business Applications Forum, that is where the "Excel" guys answer Excel questions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-paste-from-a-user-form-vba.585404/
Relevancy 73.53%

Guys I have done this in the past but cannot recall how and don't want to botch.

I had hoped Windows 10 corrected the "rename user account" function but nope. I renamed a User Account due to conflict on the LAN [same name, same spelling] and sure enough, now I have two names for the account, one a slightly hidden original name, and permissions issues. To rid it, I will create an all new Administrator account, move everything over, and demolish the old.
How to do? the docs/files are easy... the settings for apps etc are not as I recall

thx

A:Move/copy-paste User Account data & docs to New User account same sys

Don't even try would be my recommendation.

Make a new Admin account and copy your documents. Set everything else up from scratch.

Most applications will store their stuff in %localappdata% but unless you have some specific app (Windows Live Mail or Outlook or something) tht you must move it would be much better not to try to move things.

If there is something specifically you want to move then ask about that - I've moved the 2 I mention above, for sure someone else has moved something else.

Generally it will be quicker (and cleaner) to start from scratch than trawl though everything hoping to make sure you moved the lot. You'll only end up missing some odd directory and it will not work.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/40321-move-copy-paste-user-account-data-docs-new-user-account-same-sys.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I noticed my computer was getting a little sluggish so i uninstalled some programs i don't use often and did a defragment and a scan disk After i did the scan disk it takes forever now for my laptop to boot up The start bar seems to be quot off the screen quot When i mouse down to the edge of the screen i get the double arrows showing i'm able to change the size of the start bar but nothing is there Also to note if i right click down near the edge of the screen i get the same right click menu i would get as if that start bar were there I can't copy cut or paste anything Can't copy and paste text in notepad office IE Firefox nothing Trying to backup some school work i can't seem to quot drag quot my work onto my gb jump drive either When i try to open Paste, And Com/ole User Start Accounts Can't And Issues Bar, No Screen Blank Copy the User Accounts screen it's nothing but a whie blank i see the navigation arrows up top but that's it Trying to see if i could possibly backup something onto a cd i tried using Nero but i get a COM OLE error I No Start Bar, Can't Copy And Paste, Com/ole Issues And Blank User Accounts Screen tried to do a system restore but it keeps giving me and error saying i need to restart and try again No Start Bar, Can't Copy And Paste, Com/ole Issues And Blank User Accounts Screen I've run CCleaner Combofix Spy Bot Search amp Destroy and nothing has helped I'm using a Dell e laptop I have Windows XP Media Center Edition Version with Service Pack I'm away for school and don't have access to any of my CD's restore cd Windows cd etc Any help is appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system No Start Bar, Can't Copy And Paste, Com/ole Issues And Blank User Accounts Screen svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC WINDOWS system Rundll exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC DOCUME Michael LOCALS Temp clclean C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exeC Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exeC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC WINDOWS ehome RMSysTry exeC Program Files Belkin Nostromo nost LM exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Common Files Creative Labs Shared Service CreativeLicensing exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exeC Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS System snmp exeC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Michael Desktop HiJackThis exec dell E-center gtb exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell comO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name -... Read more

A:No Start Bar, Can't Copy And Paste, Com/ole Issues And Blank User Accounts Screen

Also i forgot to mention, i have no sound. Mute is not on. When i goto my control panel > Sounds and Audio Devices Properties it says "no audio device". which makes no sense to me. I was listening to music and everything worked before the scan disk. But all these problems occured after the scan disk.

Thank You

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/124996/no-start-bar-cant-copy-and-paste-comole-issues-and-blank-user-accounts-screen/
Relevancy 72.24%

I am attaching the DDS txt log immediately below and below that the Highjackthis log file My problem is that on my Win bit machine I am unable User Unknown we to my allowing (copy/paste/save to control folders) files not to write to certain folders as the error message says - quot You need permission to perform this action quot when trying to COPY a file and I m getting this error message - quot You don t have permissions to save in this folder quot at time as well I have accounts Mine admin and other for my Unknown User not allowing we to control (copy/paste/save to folders) my files sons When right clicking on a folder that I am Unknown User not allowing we to control (copy/paste/save to folders) my files having trouble writing copying to and selecting Properties gt Security gt Edit I see under the quot Groups or user names quot there are icons with questions marks next to them named quot Unknown User not allowing we to control (copy/paste/save to folders) my files Account Unknown S- - - - - - I am guessing that this seems a little odd to have unknown users in there coinciding with my current issue Please help me to fix this DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Run by Chris at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXEC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXEC Windows system AEADISRV EXEC Program Files x Amazon Amazon Games amp Software Downloader AmazonGSDownloaderService exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Calendar Service GCalService exec Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Touch Screen Enhance Service HPTSEnSrv EXEC Program Files x LogMeIn x LMIGuardianSvc exeC Program Files x LogMeIn x RaMaint exeC Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeIn exeC Program Files x Motorola MotoHelper MotoHelperService exeC Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware NisSrv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system WUDFHost exec Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files x Motorola MotoHelper MotoHelperAgent exeC Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXEC Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exeC Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TabTip exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Calendar Service HPTouchSmartSyncCalReminderApp exeC Program Files x Analog Devices SoundMAX SoundMAX exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exeC Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Fi... Read more

A:Unknown User not allowing we to control (copy/paste/save to folders) my files

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logElle

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394866/unknown-user-not-allowing-we-to-control-copypastesave-to-folders-my-files/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hiii everybody this is my first ever post in my first forum That s a disclaimer to ask you guys to forgive me for having very little gray matter - I have Windows XP HOME SP on Intel Celeron MHz and MB RAM I know it doesn t sound like much so I m always trying to read forums and tweak my settings But this time it ended up worse I used a program called autoruns exe to adjust my startup programs so it ll start faster I m not sure what I turned off but now It takes longer cut(copy) all Panel-User Control accounts ... missing accounts Can't paste, in & to start up I don t see any accounts not even admin in Control Panel - User accounts I can access a directory and open files but I can t cut or copy and paste them into another Can't cut(copy) & paste, all accounts missing in Control Panel-User accounts ... folder In services Can't cut(copy) & paste, all accounts missing in Control Panel-User accounts ... msc most of the programs under Local with automatic setting don t start and cannot be started I can t even see the programs under extended I have a home network but I can t access any of my other computers those are a few of laundry list of challenges with my computer with me I m even ready to format and reinstall XP but I need to copy some files before I do that I m sorry for this long post but can you guys help me nbsp

A:Can't cut(copy) & paste, all accounts missing in Control Panel-User accounts ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-cut-copy-paste-all-accounts-missing-in-control-panel-user-accounts.287901/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have been using Microsoft Office Excel (2007) and the copy paste, copy Special paste functions have worked fined. Recently Copy paste does not work every time, the cell that I am copying from does not highlight and when selecting paste, nothing is pasted. When selecting Special Paset, I don't get all the options for copying All, Formulas, Values etc, I only get the option to Paste as Unicode Text or Text.

I tried the copy paste function in Word, this works but does not copy the format, only text is copied. I have restarted the computer, but this does not change anything. These functions have always worked in the past, this has only become an issue after I installed Firefox on my computer. I don't know if the two are related or just a coincident.

Before I re install MS Office, I would like to see if this can be resolved

Any support with this is appreciated.

Thanks
vhappy

A:Copy & Paste and Special Paste function in Excel does not work

I have moved this thread to the Office Forum for better results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/copy-and-paste-and-special-paste-function-in-excel-does-not-work-641656.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I selected a folder which has 27 GB according to the folder properties. If I copy and paste this folder to another drive Windows copies 12 GB of files. I tried with another 2 GB folder and if I copy/paste it it only copies 22 MB of files.

What's causing this and how do I fix it?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-copy-paste-folder-doesnt-paste-all-files-493688.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I can't copy and paste "User name" and Password" in Windows Mail (Vista 64 bit SP2)

I have already try both mouse and keyboard (ctrl+c and ctrl+v)

I would like to know how to setting then I can copy and paste "User name" and Password" ?

Kind Regards,

A:I can't copy and paste "User name" and Password" in Windows Mail (Vista 64 bit SP2)

I'm no expert, but I'd imagine it's a security measure.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/230180-i-cant-copy-paste-user-name-password-windows-mail-vista-64-bit-sp2.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I thought I had a very good idea so I downloaded Avast and ran it I killed viruses malware spyware with different names Problem is the program gave me the option of repair move to chest rename delete So I tried repair Most of the time it didn t work Then I tried move to chest - debateable Lastly I tried delete This must be the most dangerous word in ComputerLand I assumed wrongly of course that the program Avast would not allow me to delete key nor 'cut Cannot n nor n 'copy drog' paste' paste' 'drag n Windows components or maybe Windows XP would prevent it I was hoping for some error message saying this file was important No such safeguard so I carried on deleting I obviously wasn t thinking straight I probably only deleted files but it was enough obviously to give me major headaches Problems Cannot copy from one folder to another Cannot copy and paste or cut and paste Cannot click drag and drop Taskbar refuses to show open programs Cannot move Quick Launch icons right left Some programs refuse to start I re-installed most and they now seem okay again except Windows Defender With many programs I get the error message Windows Installer Service cannot be run Another error is RPC Server not running Fixes So far this is what I have done to fix my problem Well I tried and it didn t work I ran C Cleaner and repaired all errors Searched for all issues - corrected fixed all errors Installed and ran Advanced System Care Installed and ran Microsoft s Malicious Software Removal Tool - hoping there was still another malware causing the problem No such luck Installed and ran Glare Utilities Cannot 'drag n drog' nor 'copy n paste' nor 'cut n paste' Fixed registry shortcuts and startup Windows Systems File Checker supposed to find the corrupted file and replace it with correct version Didn t work Cannot 'drag n drog' nor 'copy n paste' nor 'cut n paste' not solved any problems Downloaded SP but cannot re-install it Tried to run it from Microsoft Errors and problems but no forward motion Will copy exact error code here when I rerun it Installed Security Task Manager and running that at the moment Obviously I need some DLLs I have a list of some I found were necessary but I don t know where to put them or even where to get them from probably Microsoft This is an option I have not explored yet ANY help would be appreciated In advance Thank you Judeline

A:Cannot 'drag n drog' nor 'copy n paste' nor 'cut n paste'

You can try Dial-a-fixHow to use Dial-A-Fix to repair windows internals problemsGuide OverviewThe purpose of this guide is to teach you how to reset windows settings in the event they are damaged. This is useful for repairing many issues with windows installer, windows update, https connections, and many other issues. However, it is a specific tool which is not a cure all. Hardware problems and windows' file integrity should be checked before using DialAFix.However, it is recomended that you start a topic in the Windows XP Home and Professional forum about your issue before using Dial-A-Fix due to the caveats below.Caveats:Users wishing to run DialAFix on their own should read http://wiki.lunarsoft.net/wiki/Dial-a-fix#WARNINGS.The following is an incomplete list of examples of known problems that can cause Dial-a-fix to exaggerate or expose issues on your system:Hard drive integrity problems, possibly including but not limited to:
Registry entry corruption
Filesystem corruption, possibly leading to:
System file corruption
Registry hive corruption[*]Memory module failures [*]Other hardware failures (video card, motherboard, processor, modem, etc) [*]Use of Dial-a-fix on an unsupported platform (such as Windows XP x64; 32-bit XP with a 64-bit processor is fine, however) [*]Use of Dial-a-fix with unsupported beta software[/list]Also please note that Dial-A-Fix is only for Windows 2000/XP. Use of Dial-A-Fix on Windows 9x (that is, 95, 98, ME) or Windows Vista can have unpredicable results!!Tools NeededDial-A-FixPrimary MirrorSecondary MirrorInstructionsBefore you begin, READ THE CAVEATS ABOVE!!Ensure your system's Date and Time are set correctly. You should also rule out possible hardware failures before using Dial-A-Fix.Download Dial-A-Fix and unzip the files to your desktop.Double click Dial-a-Fix.exe to start the program.Press the green double checkmark box (Looks like this: )UNcheck "Empty Temp Folders", as well as "Adjust Time/Date" in the prep section. The prep section should then look like this:
When the window looks like this, press the GO button in the bottom of the window.
Exit/Close Dial-A-Fix

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/191598/cannot-drag-n-drog-nor-copy-n-paste-nor-cut-n-paste/
Relevancy 63.64%

When I copy then try to paste it tells me to use cmd+V/cmd on my key board. I don't have that on my keyboard.

A:Why can't I copy and paste with windows 10? It allows me to copy but will not paste.

CTRL + C to copy, CTRL + V to paste.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/372782-why-cant-i-copy-paste-windows-10-allows-me-copy-but-will-not-paste.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello,
I have one internal drive with 1 TB.
The data there is very important to me , so I bought External removable drive for backup.
Now, I want to copy the data from one drive to the second drive but I have to be sure I have a perfect copy of the data.
The data is mostly songs movies and documents.
I'm using windows 7.

My question is this:

1.If I'll transfer the data through windows 7 by copy and paste, I could be sure i have a perfect copy?
2.There are tools for comparison Between the original data to the data that was copied?
If so, what are they?

If I do not in the right place please Please pass my message to the right place.thanks.

jonathan.

A:transfer data through windows 7 by copy and paste perfect copy?

There is no reason why using copy and paste won't give you a perfect copy and in my view it's more reliable than using the Windows backup utility.

One program I've found invaluable is Microsoft's SyncToy, which you can download here: Download: SyncToy 2.1 - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

It will sync files between folders of the same name on two separate drives or partitions ( I always use the Echo procedure).

You might also want to consider using Windows 7's Robocopy function.

ROBOCOPY - Create Backup Script

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/208614-transfer-data-through-windows-7-copy-paste-perfect-copy.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I just purchased a pre-owned Lenovo T laptop with Windows but amazingly over these many years I ve never had to back up my OS before because someone my tech guy mostly had always done it for I a Can of 7 make copy/paste? Windows Solved: OS my backup copy using me Anyhow while I do intend to make a full system backup copy which I have no doubt will include the Windows OS I would also like to create a backup disk copy of my OS only since no install disks came with the computer I can load the Solved: Can I make a backup copy of my Windows 7 OS using copy/paste? Windows OS onto an Mb CD but the entire hard disk backup will take many gigabytes and I intend to use a Gb flash Solved: Can I make a backup copy of my Windows 7 OS using copy/paste? drive for that purpose My first and essential question is can I create a Windows Pro quot restore quot disk by just copying and pasting the entire quot Windows quot file on my hard drive to a CD or Flash drive or is there more to it than that When I started to create a backup copy of the entire disk using the Windows backup program I took particular notice to the fact that after I selected the custom selection option rather than the automatic selection for which files to copy that the Windows file was no longer listed on the quot C quot drive menu provided in the backup program It is certainly listed on my quot C quot drive when I bring it up directly so can anyone explain to me quickly what that s all about nbsp

A:Solved: Can I make a backup copy of my Windows 7 OS using copy/paste?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-i-make-a-backup-copy-of-my-windows-7-os-using-copy-paste.1100786/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello,

I've been having this problem for a while and I can really use some help now. When I try to copy & paste any files, folders, pictures, etc.. it will not work. Copy & paste to different folder or different screen, etc. An error message box will pop up saying - windows explorer has stop working then it disappears and a 2nd message box will pop up saying - windows explorer is restarting. Then shuts down the folder that's open. However I can " Cut and Paste or Drag a file to a different location" It just won't copy and paste.

Files that I'm trying to copy and paste are not anything special. It's all words, excel, power point, pictures, even folders etc...

It just won't copy and paste but again I can cut and paste.

Any ideas?

Thank you so much.

A:Windows 7 will not copy & paste but it'll cut & paste

Hello and welcome to Seven Forums.

Go to your Start menu and type CMD, you will see at the top of the window CMD.exe.
Right click on it and left click Run as Administrator.
In the window that will open type the following and hit enter.
sfc /scannow

Let the system run and it will find any problems and repair them.
Re-boot and do it all again for either 3 times or until no issues are found.

Wayne

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/402472-windows-7-will-not-copy-paste-but-itll-cut-paste.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,

I use windows 7.
When I turn on laptop (acer Aspire 5742) cannot connect to internet until I switch user and log in again. Soon as I touch any browser icon the rest of computer stops responding as well. It's only me on computer. Have virgin media security/ spyware/ virus protection. Tried CCleaner. After I switch user everything is fine.
Additional info; On 16th October had great difficulty getting my emails from Yahoo. Sometimes sign-in box appeared without my security signature and different style of writing for browser remembered log-on details.

Cheers,

Gordon.

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all,

Please let me know which one takes long time. Cut+Copy+Paste or Copy+Paste?

A:copy paste vs cut paste

The only difference between cut+paste and copy+paste is that copy duplicates the file in a new location and stops, cut duplicates the file then deletes the original. So cut has one more operation which will take a little longer, but not significantly.

One exception is if you move (cut+paste) a file to a different location on the same drive partition, the file doesn't actually have to be copied, it can be left where it is and just the file directory changed so it shows in a different folder. This is much faster than copying the entire file. So moving within the same drive letter, copy+paste takes longer than cut+paste.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/347320/copy-paste-vs-cut-paste/
Relevancy 56.33%

Earlier today I turned on my Toshiba laptop Satellite P -S and got some sort of error screen and then it brought me to a screen asking if I wanted to do a system repair or start windows normally I chose system repair but then it seemed to get stuck in that process It was taking forever and nothing was happening so I turned off the laptop I know big no no booted in safe mode and did a system restore to a restore point from about a week ago The quot starting Windows quot screen came and went no problem Everything seemed fine till I got to the User Selection screen the default blue one with the little hummingbird or whatever Then it just sat there on that screen I could see the hummingbird and the little squiggly lines but there were no buttons to click my user I just let it sit there and after about minutes the user names popped up and Windows takes the screen 7 user forever load select user/switch to I was able to continue using the computer without any problems no other speed Windows 7 takes forever to load the select user/switch user screen issues whatsoever It now makes me wait every time always about Windows 7 takes forever to load the select user/switch user screen minutes before the user names pop up It does this when I restart the machine and when I try to switch users It is a Pentium Core i Ghz GB RAM Windows Home Premium bit Let me know if you need any other specs Any ideas Thanks Tim

A:Windows 7 takes forever to load the select user/switch user screen

Work through these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start.

The steps begin with disinfection from Safe Mode or boot disk, since if Win7 is badly infected it may not repair until cleaned up. Then everything possible to start it is sequenced.

I would also do the hardware tests provided before rescuiing the data to run Recovery or get the superior Clean Reinstall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/274499-windows-7-takes-forever-load-select-user-switch-user-screen.html
Relevancy 56.33%

On windows professional -bit sp if a current user is screen locked the lock screen indicates the current user name and account is logged on and the computer is locked I am using Classic Logon in group policy and under local policy-security options-interactive logon i have it set to display username and account info the option with most information the problem i have is say a user is logged in and then I need to use the computer at that point the lock screen says so and so is logged in and locked I do a switch user log in and do my thing then log out Now the screen goes back to the base login screen saying 'ctrl-alt-del' not saying any user is currently logged in Now if that original user does log back in all his stuff is still here and everything acted like a basic screen lock happened so no problem there but what i want to happen is after a switch user logs out the screen goes back to the lock screen displaying who has the computer locked is there a way to do that thanks

A:Switch User then logoff, back to ctrl-alt-del login not previous user

At a guess, I'd say Classic Logon is the culprit here, as I do not have this issue with Windows 7 64-bit SP1 with the default login screen. Changing this is likely impractical next to the simple solution of ditching Classic Logon (It's an ancient artifact by now)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/332214-switch-user-then-logoff-back-ctrl-alt-del-login-not-previous-user.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Here's my issue, I would like to RDP to a Windows 7 laptop. Even with Administrative privledges, it will tell me "Waiting for user to respond". I would like to either switch users via RDP, or force them to log off without prompting.

Server is SBS 2008. I already have "Set Rules for remote control of Terminal Services user sessions" to Full Control without user's permission.

Relevancy 55.9%

Running Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Why does iTunes and other sounds keep playing even when that user who initiated it logs off using "Switch user?" The sounds and iTunes keep playing even when another user logs in.

A:iTunes & sounds keep playing even when user logs off using Switch user

Could be because of Fast User Switching. That really doesn't Log Out the other user. It just Switches users, as in both are still logged in.

Try Logging out the other user.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/251777-itunes-sounds-keep-playing-even-when-user-logs-off-using-switch-user.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello

Interestingly on boot up I see "another user" but the picture is blank, with a frame around it (I can see through it to the boot wallpaper that I have changed to prove) ..

Who is another user?

Please help as I have been on the 2 days now

A:Created admin User but can see on 'Switch User" cntrl/alt/del

Sorry to bump but things have changed somewhat, and yes could start a new topic but will try the edit function as I am not here often. I see 110 views and that's promising

Please advise who is this "another user" icon/picture is blank, with a frame around it (I can see through it to the boot wallpaper that I have changed to prove) .. on control /alt/ delete.

I now have admin rights back (previous problem) but this "another user" can't be found anywhere (I know of) except at login. I am stumped..

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/243941-created-admin-user-but-can-see-switch-user-cntrl-alt-del.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am tired of having to copy urls out by hand when replying or answering questions. Can someone tell me how to copy and paste a url from the top of the page into something I am doing e.g. question or answer. Thankyou, I always seem to try and learn the simple things last.

Relevancy 55.47%

My computer wont let me copy and past

A:copy and paste

when you right click do you get the option, and it don't work?
have you tried a different mouse ?
laptop or desktop?
how long has this been going on??
most important have you ever used a "registry cleaner"?
a few more details may get you some help..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/copy-and-paste-554451.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Problem with copy and paste

With my mouse I can highlight and right click for copy but it will not paste.

For some reason this function has been disabled. I have tried but cannot get to work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/copy-and-paste-434501.html
Relevancy 55.47%

which program should be used ?

A:not able to copy and paste help me out

Windows 8 supports cut and paste using ctrl + c to copy and ctrl + v to paste. Alternatively you can select and right click with your mouse or touch pad.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513651/not-able-to-copy-and-paste-help-me-out/
Relevancy 55.47%

If you open "Control Panel > All Control Panel Items" you can not capture what is on the screen using Ctrl-C.

Is there any other method one can use to get the screen information into a text format? (No scanner)

Actually I am trying to get a printout of the long list of administrative maintenance actions--Action Center (15), Administrative tools (9), AutoPlay (3), etc.
(C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:::{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}) but the control panel example above works the same way and not everyone has this shortcut.)

A:Can't copy & paste--any other way?

What about using the Snipping tool.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/50355-cant-copy-paste-any-other-way.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I noticed I can't copy and paste like XP from the internet, so what am I not doing correctly?
Thanks For letting me ask questions in your forum.

A:Copy & Paste in IE.

Hello Audioman1, welcome to Seven Forums!

Can you be more please specific as I just pasted this below from your post.

Quote:
I noticed I can't copy and paste like XP from the internet, so what am I not doing correctly?
Thanks For letting me ask questions in your forum.

Windows 7 Pro Full
1 posts

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/73749-copy-paste-ie.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have the option (right click copy, go to new folder, right click paste nothing happens), I drag, and it looks like it will go, I let go nothing happens, I use the menu copy / paste, nothing happens (no error message ever). Ctrl c, ctrl V no joy. all folders, all the time. Only one restore point showing on my computer, and that didn't help.

Any thoughts that I can try are appreciated. Ran virus scan, no issues...

Vista premium 64 SP1

A:Can't copy and Paste

See if the Vista System File Checker/ repair utility helps.

START | type cmd.exe into the start search box | right-click on cmd.exe | select run as Administrator | the black command prompt ("DOS") screen will appear | type the following:

Code:
sfc /scannow
Upon completion re-boot to allow files in use to be repaired.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-copy-and-paste-385616.html
Relevancy 55.47%

HI,I have run into problem when it comes deleting previous copy&paste in emails already sent that is when i do another copy&paste the previous one comes up instead,thank's

A:copy&paste

What are you using for the E-Mail Client? The Windows Clipboard can hold only one item at a time, clears that one out when doing another Copy or PrntScrn function. Turning off or rebooting the computer clears the RAM/Random Access Memory which removes anything in the Windows Clipboard.
This is for the Windows version:
https://www.google.com/search?site=&....0.ruM8obhHrEk
Don't know which version of Office or Outlook you are using, each is different from each other. Some versions of Microsoft Office can hold more items, it's a separate clipboard from the Windows version.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/366865-copy-paste.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Is there a way to copy/paste text from a pdf file to Word or Excel?

A:Copy/Paste pdf's

In Adobe Reader version 6, Select Text and Select Image buttons should be on the toolbar by default.

You can do it in version 5, but I can't remember exactly. The appropriate toolbar button needed to be clicked & held down for the various select options to become available (sliding-out style), IIRC (this wasn't covered in Help).

NB: if you have v5, DON'T upgrade -- six sux.

HTH,
Andy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-paste-pdfs.192644/
Relevancy 55.47%

Have a resume created in WORD 2007. How do I copy it? All I get is Edit Header! This has occurred more than once. I really need to paste my resume but cannot even copy or cut. Please help

A:COPY/Paste

Left click mouse, highlight area that you want to copy, and then right click and hit copy. Go to the new file, right click and hit paste. If this does not work let us know.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/269312-copy-paste.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Can't copy or paste. any way, for any reason, in any program using any means at any time. There are no error messages.
Using XP build 2600 SP3.
I'm pretty sure it's a registry problem, but don't know what to look for.

A:Can't copy or paste

This is usually caused by malware infection. Please click on the link in my signature for Virus Malware Help and post there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-copy-or-paste-656410.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Yesterday I got hit with some sort of virus ironically whilst doing an update using Sunbelt Vipre Antivirus which Copy Cannot Paste & I think may Cannot Copy & Paste be Cannot Copy & Paste the sasser worm or blaster or something I'm not really a technical person so I don't know But for whatever reason all of my quot human interface devices quot or whatever they're called printer scanner speakers etc internet connections and copy paste and I'm sure a whole bunch of other things have been disconnected or malfunction I was thinking about trying to back up my data on an external hard drive and then wipe the computer's memory but I can't copy paste anything so I tried it with a CD and that didn't work either So then I searched around online and found this site but when I check services msc and try to restart clipbook network DDE DSDM DDE when I right click on these things they're Cannot Copy & Paste all grayed out so I can't restart any of them Any idea what to do This matter has become critical now DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Garreth Mangwiro at on - - Running Processes C Program Files Nitro PDF Professional NitroPDFDriverService exe C WINDOWS system NLSSRV EXE C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files TeamViewer Version tv w exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Realtek Audio Drivers AzMixerSel exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Macrovision FLEXnet Connect ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C DOCUME GARRET LOCALS Temp RtkBtMnt exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe H dds com Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp go sunbelt-software com linkid uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO DivX Plus Web Player HTML lt video gt e d- - fd- c - a f - c program files divx divx plus web player ie divxhtml DivXHTML dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c progra micros office GRA E DLL BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll uRun ISUSPM quot c documents and settings all users application data macrovision flexnet connect ISUSPM exe quot -scheduler uRun g pamy control exe quot c program files yvvleq rb g pamy cpl quot uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE mRun Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE mRun AzMixerSel c program files realtek audio drivers AzMixerSel exe mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exe mRun Apoint c program files apoint k Apoint exe mRun WinampAgent quot c program files winamp winampa exe quot mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun DAEMON Tools quot c program files daemon tools daemon exe quot -lang mRun GrooveMonitor quot c program files microsoft office office GrooveMonitor exe quot mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun SBAMTray c program files sunbelt software vipre SBAMTray exe mRun MobileBroadband c program files vodafone vodafone mobile broadband bin MobileBroadband exe silent dRun CTFMON EXE c windows system CTFMON EXE dRunOnce nltide regsvr s n i U shell IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBC - c program files java jre bin ssv dll IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c progra micros office ONBttnIE dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c prog... Read more

A:Cannot Copy & Paste

I have all those disabled and can still copy and paste.

Try resetting IE8 to defaults.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-copy-and-paste-644461.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Im having issues with copy and pasting, as I can't do it at all. The shortcuts wont work or anything. I think it may be an issue with left clicking on my mouse because I cannot highlight anything to get the option to copy. Ive also noticed that I cannot write emails because Im not able to click the box to type. Copy/paste is enabled, and Ive ran out of ideas of what to try. Help would be awesome!

A:Copy and Paste

Welcome
Try closing all windows and then rebooting
try
a different broswer
Try
and see if it works in another user account.
Try
and see if it works with another mouse
try resetting IE
Tools > Options > Advanced (tab) > under 'Reset
Internet Explorer settings' click the 'Reset'

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/290632-copy-paste.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I can't copy & past. I have a new Compaq XP home edition running Google Chrome. How can I correct this?

can you copy and paste in internet explorer and other areas in the computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/copy-and-paste-459947.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I feel silly asking this but here goes ... sometimes when I try to copy and past I get a warning telling me the size is to big for works to copy with , telling me to reduce the size and try again even when its only four words what do I need to do

A:COPY AND PASTE

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=268762http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet...py-to-wp-u.aspx

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289383/copy-and-paste/
Relevancy 55.47%

I am not able to Copy & Paste Files or Folders in Window XP.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/copy-and-paste-463198.html
Relevancy 55.47%

When I'm on the internet and I copy/paste, I get a duplicate pastes. If I copy "Bleeping Computer", when I paste, I get "Bleeping ComputerBleeping Computer". AND I don't know if this is related, but when I try to use my "back" button, I have to hit my "refresh" button and then hit the "back" button for it to go "back". Both of these problems happen most of the time, but not all the time. I typically use Internet Explorer (most recent version) and Google when on the internet. I'm a "low-tech redneck" and should probably be treated as such in any responses . I have also been helped with info from this forum in the past- Thank You! Any help this time will be greatly appreciated! Tim. 

A:Copy once, paste twice!

Are you using the paste shortcut ' cntrl + v ' as opposed to right-click and paste ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501686/copy-once-paste-twice/
Relevancy 55.47%

It won't work!!!! I can selct and copy (ctrl V, right click etc), but there is nothing to paste.

Tried in all office programs and simple programs.

Any ideas?

Hi

This sounds to me like a virus/trojan. I would suggest doing some scans and maybe post a HJT log for an expert to have a look at.

Regards

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/31132/copy-and-paste/
Relevancy 55.47%

Somebody was on my computer yesterday and I wanted to see if they copied something from my computer. Is there a copy & paste log?

Relevancy 55.47%

I am unable to copy and paste. Please assist

More information would be great!
For example, any error messages receieved, what you are trying to copy/paste.

Do you know how to? When did this first start happening etc..

Please reply with some information that would assist us in assisting you!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/copy-and-paste-489303.html
Relevancy 55.47%

when i right click on anything the copy option no longer comes up. why is this?

A:can't copy and paste

Hi Roxiisco,

Strange post, this - It must be where you're trying to copy from. What I recommend is that you open-up a new Wordpad/Notepad document, type some text in there and then select it so that is shows with a layer over it. Once you have this, right-click and attempt to Copy.

Let us know how you get on!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-copy-and-paste-492251.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey,

Does anyone know of an app that can be used for cleaning the desktop? I would to be able to highlight the files I want to place into a folder (Desktop Archive) and in one click have the files move into the folder off of the desktop. Can this be done with the desktop cleanup wizard? Forgive me is this is a simple question.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Kevin Pry

A:Copy Paste App

Have you tried 'send to' --> in the dropdown menu? You can also use the 'drag and drop' method too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/67020-copy-paste-app.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi guys... thanks in advance for those that can help me with this one....

some of the folks here at my company are experiencing problems copy and paste problems.
sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt... no matter wha programs they are using..
and this happens often... for one moment it will work and for some other moment it just won't... have you ever seen these before?

thank you guys!

Relevancy 55.47%

I can not paste or copy either into the browser itself or to programs such as Word. I use Chrome most of the time, but it happens e Explorer too. I know little about computers, but can follow directions well. I use this feature often and I am very frustrated. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 55.47%

can anyone help me ive got the problem i canot copy/paste i dont know whats wrong please help me to fix this

A:cannot copy/paste how to fix?

Run the System File Checker:

Click Start > Run
Type sfc /scannow
(leave a space after sfc)
Click 'OK'.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-copy-paste-how-to-fix-623368.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, my computer has just started to not allow me to copy, cut or paste anything. I can not copy files, or text!!

therefore I was unable to copy my HJT to this, I have therefore attached it.

I think this has just started after I did several updates from windows and microsoft update. I do not know which updates I installed though!!!

PLEASE HELP

thanks.

Dan

A:can't copy, cut or paste

i have just found out this problem has something to do with print screen! if using word for example, when i try to copy something, it actually does a print screen, and then when I paste it pastes the print screen!

This explains why I am unable to copy and paste files etc!

But still dnt kno how to solve it!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-copy-cut-or-paste.382060/
Relevancy 55.47%

I can't cut, copy, or paste anything. when I right click it the menu will pop up and the cut, copy and paste options are listed, but when I go to where I need to paste what ever I have cut or copied the menu that pops up only has two options.......[1] select all ......and [2] properties.
What can I do to remedy this problem... I did here recently reformat the HHD and re-install windows XP (with in the last two weeks) thanks for any help given on this topic....

Relevancy 55.47%

Hey i figured out the problem and it turned out that its clipboard problem it fixed once i used this http clipboard-history en lo d com virus-malware-test but after i restart my pc the problem occurs again ya i can keep using it every time but well a permanent paste cant copy/cut solution would be very appreciated so what is it a virus or what i tried scanning with avast but no use while i was trying to fix my self i used these programs Clipboard Master - Virus and Malware Vista Support Forums and after they didnt fix my problem i uninstalled them and afterwards even the clear clipboard above didnt fix my problem i have a serious cant copy/cut paste problem with this clear clipboard any help please now i dont even have a cant copy/cut paste temporary solution that clear clipboard doesn't even work what i have noticed is that when i copy file then paste it as a text it past the file location like i copy song at dekstop and paste at notepad C Users Haddad Desktop Owl City - Fireflies lyrics mp dunno if that helps but im trying to provide as much info as possible cause i really need to fix this shit any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance

A:cant copy/cut paste

Please use option 2 of this tutorial and let me know what the results are:

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330550-cant-copy-cut-paste.html
Relevancy 55.47%

i am using windows 7 home premium. i have a document on "my documents"
that i want to edit and print.i want to remove the title of the document and print the body of the document.i am unable to edit the document in the present file, so i am trying to copy and paste it into my notebook, but am unable to do so.can someone help me with this?
Art

why is not allowing you to copy and paste, what error is it giving?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/copy-and-paste-489690.html
Relevancy 55.47%

When I try to copy and paste I highlight and right click copy. When I right click again, it doesn't even go to the option to paste .

A:can't copy and paste

First click left and then click right or try CTRL V

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-copy-and-paste-369679.html
Relevancy 55.47%

For some reason I cannot copy and paste files any more, neither can I save downloads. I am running windows 2000 pro any suggestions?

Relevancy 55.47%

I am trying to copy something from a web site.

When I select, copy and paste using Mozilla Foxfire the process works properly. But when I use Internet Explorer Version 8, the process doesn't work.

I am guessing that I have something wrong in the settings but I can't find the item I need to change.

Which website and what are you trying to copy? Specifically what happens in IE when you attempt to do this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/copy-and-paste-579309.html
Relevancy 55.47%

It won't work!!!! I can highlight and select copy - but the paste button won't go bold.

I've tried it within office docs and also internet etc.

Any ideas?

I'm running XP pro, Office XP.

Relevancy 55.47%

I seem to have somehow lost the copy (or cut) and paste function from my computer...specifically the paste portion. I can copy or cut, but then I'm not able to paste, either by right click, or paste icon on toolbar.

(I downloaded a template program from Microsoft.com, but that's the only thing I can think of that I've done lately).

Help?

A:Copy/Paste

Have you tried rebooting the computer? That usually works for me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-paste.382494/
Relevancy 55.47%

On some sites that I try to ccp a small magnifier pops up & a small square box that contains a diagonal blue arrow. It appears to work on copy but when I paste my system freezes and nothing works.

How can I correct this.

Thanks

A:Cut--Copy--Paste using IE9

Are you referring to pasting text into, say, an MS Word doc?

The little blue box is controlled by the 'Paste Options' functions that are located in Word Options, Advanced, Cut, Copy + Paste, 'Show paste options button' and 'Use smart cut and paste options.' You might try experimenting with them, starting with unchecking and rebooting, and then rechecking and rebooting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/177106-cut-copy-paste-using-ie9.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello all I am a new person to windows 8.1 I have been a Mac OS X user that has left Mac for a Windows machine, I have come a cross one minor thing that I would like to ask if there is a solution for.

I do a LOT of copy/past and on my Mac O X 10.9 Machine when I did a highlight at the end when I would release the button the "popup menu" would come u with my options copy/cut so forth but I see on my windows machine that does not happen is there a am option I can turn on for this or am I SOL for that little feature.
Thanks for looking.

A:Copy/paste

A short video---

Hope it helps.
There are right & left clicks.
I'm sure you know which to use---

Others may supply better help.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51962-copy-paste.html
Relevancy 55.47%

How do i get my copy/paste to work

A:copy paste

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

You can highlight somthing and press CTRL + C to copy and CTRL + V to paste.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/copy-paste-664971.html
Relevancy 55.47%

undefined

I'm using WIN XP home edition. Manual says I can place 24 separate items on my clipboard, but only one results. The others have an odd icon about 1" squared with a green arrow in it. I'd like to use about 6 items to copy into WORD and/or email notices. I have a Dell dimension 2350 system.

Relevancy 55.47%

Recently i took sony vio labtop with touch screen.can you help me how can i do copy & paste for text by using touch screen only.
O.S : Windows 8.1

kumar

A:copy & paste

This thread may help:
http://www.eightforums.com/tablet-to...sentences.html

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52214-copy-paste.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Strange one, whenever I try to copy, I can, but when I got to paste, the desktop restarts
any idea's
thanks

A:Copy and paste

Wow, that is a strange one.

Does it restart regardless of which app you attempt to paste to? Does it restart regardless of whether you use right-click->Paste or Ctrl-V?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/61370-copy-paste.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello!

when composing an email while using firefox (myway portal), when I attempt to Paste some text in which I have copied, I cannot do it--I get a message about "privileged information" and it tells you to go to the website and follow some directions about "profiles" and changing files, etc...

I have tried it but to no avail. Is there and easier way to use Copy/Paste while composing?

Thank you!

Oliver

Is this prompting you to go to the Firefox Website? or something other? If it's prompting for the Firefox site, you may not have needed file extensions, or be trying to paste an unrecognized font. Can you copy/paste from within the composer? indicating the copy/paste is an allowed function?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/copy-and-paste-78964.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Forgot to include my scan, except donot know how to Copy and Paste it here. Was never told how, by anyone.

Relevancy 55.47%

Mostly it seems I cant copy.
Not web pages, not in Word, it just doesnt copy.

I get a menu when I right click on text, I choose "Copy" then I attempt to paste into, well anything, and I get nothing. Nothing in or between Word/IE/Firefox/Pale Moon 64

I cleared the clipboard with CC Cleaner but it made no difference
This is new to me.
Any help would be appreciated

A:W7 cant copy and paste

Nevermind, I restarted the PC and the problem is gone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/298404-w7-cant-copy-paste.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Simple question and probably a silly one because it will be so easy to answer.....How in the world do you copy the error boxes and paste them?

Example: the error box that might say "this program has performed an illegal operation and will close.

A:copy and paste?

Click on the box so it's the object in front and press the Alt and Print Screen buttons. Then open paint and paste.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-and-paste.188048/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a user that is having problems with the copy function in Office One minute it will work and the Copy and paste next it won t work anymore What will happen is the user will be Copy and paste copying and pasting normally then it seems as though the copy function will stop working no new copies will be stored in the clipboard and only the last item she copied will paste This happens using both the short cut keys and or from the office toolbar The clipboard only has a few items stored in it Copy and paste Usually if she waits long enough it will start working again But sometimes it doesn t starting working again right away It is a problem because she is trying to get work done but it hinders her from getting done I have tried reinstalling office Copy and paste and installing updates without any help This is a Windows XP SP machine with Office XP AS emulator Adobe Reader and Officescan client installed nbsp

Hi there,

First, let's figure out if this is just Office or if it is other programs So, does this happen in Word, Excel or Outlook? What about Notepad? Has your user tried using the right click or Edit menu?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-and-paste.546349/
Relevancy 55.47%

helle everyone. im a novice computer person but eager to learn. can someone in laymens terms walk me through the following. I want to copy a letter from a message board, edit it and repost it on many other boards. Im trying to avoid writing the message over and over again.any help will be very appreciated.

A:paste and copy

do you plan to give credit to the original poster?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/paste-and-copy-134016.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Recently, I've been having to copy and paste twice. From Word, Excel or anything.

I read something about restarting the "clipboard" services - cant find it, there's only "clipbook".

Relevancy 55.47%

I would like to know how to copy and paste.
I have received an email, I have a question about it, another person would like me to copy and paste the header to him, I can find the header but I dont know how to copy and paste the header into an email to send to him.
Thank you
Mangrape

mangrape said:

I would like to know how to copy and paste.
I have received an email, I have a question about it, another person would like me to copy and paste the header to him, I can find the header but I dont know how to copy and paste the header into an email to send to him.
Thank you
MangrapeClick to expand...

drag your mouse along the header so its highlighted right click, select copy, go to your e mail and right click, select paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-and-paste.505483/
Relevancy 55.47%

If you copied over something by mistake?

A:Is there anyway to see your last copy & paste

mite this work?

Lazarus: Restore lost forms with a single click

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/124698-there-anyway-see-your-last-copy-paste.html
Relevancy 55.47%

With IE9 installed with windows7 ultimate, the copy and paste functions do not work. all the other functions on the google 4.0 toolbar work correctly. I also have the same problem with the copy paste functions when using Google Chrome or even Ffirefox.

Have done the IE bit on checking the security section and have alsso used the control C, X, V functions to no avail. Have even shut off the security functions. Still no action.

Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/copy-and-paste-655528.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi again

I am having trouble copying and pasting from gmail into word 2007
I can copy into a note pad doc but not into word
I can copy and paste from word to word doc
I can copy and paste text or images from any internet page either in part by highlighting or in full
I have tried ctrl and v and c
also standard copy and paste which I have been using for years
this did work for the last 6 months and even a day or two ago ?
its as if something is blocking me copy text from within the open gmail
On windows 8
Tried winding PC back a day or two still had no effect?

Kudos to you for a fine job of preliminary troubleshooting this issue. So, are you accessing gmail via a direct internet login or POP3/IMAP connection. If direct internet connection, what browser are you using? Have you tried using an alternative browser with the same results?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/28541-copy-paste.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I can not copy documents ( a page ) and paste it to the body of an email. I highlight the pages, click copy, go to email and right click to box to select paste, paste is not highlighted.

What do i need to do ?

Hello fingers.

Just a thought; maybe you need to L click on the email window first to activate it.

Later Ted

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/193407-copy-paste.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Obviously on my Wins.8 machine. Can someone tell me of a setting that could have come unchecked that keeps me from highlight a URL... right-click... click copy and then right-click and click paste or copy and press Ctrl. V to paste.

TC

A:Help please about copy-paste

What browser are you using?

did you try to single or triple click a blank spot in the url to highlight the entire url?

Have you tried to click any part of the url and hit (CTRL) (A) ?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/27892-help-please-about-copy-paste.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Sorry if this is in the section I am using xp when I recieve an email in yahoo I copy and paste it to word then reply to my emails in word and xp ---- copy paste and paste back to yahoo if I xp ---- copy and paste open the yahoo window and leave it sitting there till I go off line copy the writting go to paste it in word it xp ---- copy and paste wants me to reconnect to the internet why also I write these emails in normal ariel or but often the recievers cannot understand the emails because it has ended up going out in what I think is html they can read it okay in yahoo but through isp email address even is I send it to the same person using cc one to their yahoo and one to their isp they get it in two different context this is not kjust happening to one person but a number of people thanking you and sorry again if this is in the wrong section nbsp

A:xp ---- copy and paste

It would be better placed in the Business Applications or ALL Other Software sections. I would like to see the answer.

For serious formal business mail I would send the Word response as an attachment, or as a zipped attachment.

But what I would like to see is Word used for all Email where the WordEmail is automatically zipped on send and unzipped on receive.

I wonder if anyone knows if this is possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-copy-and-paste.322852/
Relevancy 55.47%
A:can;t copy and paste!!!!!!!!!

Tell us a bit more Operating system What you are trying to copy and paste The more information the easier it is for someone to help you .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-t-copy-and-paste.329762/
Relevancy 55.47%

I had an error message which I saved using Mr.Snappy which creates a bmp file. How do I copy this on to my thread. I right clicked and copied but when I cam to this thread I right clicked and paste was greyed out.

First convert it to a tif or gif for size considerations - then at the bottom below the text area is a file attachment box - use that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-and-paste.290120/
Relevancy 55.47%

When I copy a document from a site & paste it into W97 the text looks fine, but the images (.jpg or .gif) show up as a blank area. In W97 edit, paste special I only have Formatted Text (RTF) & Unformatted Text to select. Should there be a another to make the images paste properly? Thanks 4 any help.

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

I am facing problem in windows 2000 with SP4 as below

not able to perform copy,cut and paste function and when I try to
open any office document(i.e.word or excel) I got error message that its
not registere..

I am solving this problem by starting windows installer service but how to
solve it permanently

pls help

Kalpesh

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-able-to-copy-cut-or-paste.320254/
Relevancy 55.47%

When I copy text to transfer it to say an e-mail I now get a message stating; You have placed a large amount of text on the clipboard.Do you want this text to be available to other applications after you quit word?--yes - no - cancel. I click yes and it is fine. This did not use to happen with the same amount of text.It just slows me down and I would like to get rid of the warning.Can anyone help? thanks,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-and-paste.116545/
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm trying to send an email error message to my webhost to find out why I can't send email. They told me to copy and paste in Notepad so as to be able to send them the exact message. When I attempt to paste it into Notepad the Paste function is greyed out. I can't use keyboard commands either. I can paste into Word but they won't accept .doc documents. Anyone know why I can't use Notepad?

A:Copy & Paste

The only thing I can think of is that the text in question has some special formatting that is not allowed in Notepad. You can always re-save the word document in .txt format by clicking FILE --> SAVE AS and changing the extenstion type. Word will remove any special formatting before converting to .txt
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-paste.260744/
Relevancy 55.47%

hey,

so i am trying to copy and paste things and i can't do it. i don't know what the problem is. i can copy things, just not paste them. same with cutting. paste isn't even an option. i have XP and this just randomly started happening like two days ago... SO annoying. can anyone help? thank you so much in advance.

colleen

A:no copy/paste

try to run a virus scan on your system, also try spybot and ad-aware...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-copy-paste.289276/
Relevancy 55.47%

How do I copy & paste text from a Hotmail message using Mozilla Foxfire into Vista Word?

A:Copy & Paste

Originally Posted by MaryKay

How do I copy & paste text from a Hotmail message using Mozilla Foxfire into Vista Word?

Select the text, right-click the selection, then Copy. Go to word, right-click, then select paste.

Alternatively: select the text, press <CTRL>+<C> to copy the selection, go to word, press <CTRL>+<V> to paste.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/144028-copy-paste.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi
I am trying to copy a picture from my Pictures folder to Notepad, after copying the picture and right click on the Notepad the paste function is greyed out.
Could someone tell how to enable pasting.Thank you.

Hi,
Notepad does not support pictures files like does Word

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/153658-copy-paste.html
Relevancy 55.47%

All of a sudden I can't copy and paste . I have tried right click copy and then gone to Works or Incredimail new message then right click but "paste" is greyed out. I have also tried Ctrl/c and Ctrl/v and that doesn't work either.I am using Vista Home Premium 32. Any advice would be very much appreciated! Thanks.

A:can't copy/paste

Just close all your windows and perform a cold reboot.
Hope it helps.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/158620-cant-copy-paste.html
Relevancy 55.47%

hi-for some reasom my copy and paste functions are no longer working.they are grayed out.i am using windows 7 64 but.i have checked the security settings in my internet settings,and all is as it should be.

A:COPY AND PASTE

Try to highlight what ever you want to copy then press CTRL + C to copy to past CTRL + V

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/copy-and-paste-616890.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I downloaded this IE9 with no problem but I can't find the cut--copy--paste. Where is this feature hidden?????

Thanks

A:IE9 cut--copy--paste

IE9 is still beta, not many users yet.
But did you try cnrl p and cntrl c
c is copy
p is paste

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/111623-ie9-cut-copy-paste.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I cant copy or paste anything anywyere... I keep getting svchost.exe errors and thoes annoying pop up system messages from kazza somone help please

Relevancy 55.47%

when trying to copy a section of text from a web page, the text for copy, paste are missing from the drop down menu. ctrl c and ctrl v are working, but I would like to have it displayed in the menu. Anyone know how to get it back? THXS.

A:Copy, paste, gone.

What browser are you using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/382757-copy-paste-gone.html
Relevancy 55.47%

One of our employees is unable to copy/paste from our terminal server in Europe to her local machine anymore, and I'm trying to figure out the problem. I've already made sure that the Clipboard is checked in the RDP connection properties. I tried connecting as her on my machine, and the same thing happens. If I log out and then reconnect as me, copy/paste works. Should I have the remote admin take a look at his policy? Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!,
B

A:Copy/Paste through RDP

Log in to the remote system as her and check to see if there is a process running named rdpclip.exe

If it is running, stop it and restart it - then test copy/paste again.

Also see if there are any errors in Event Viewer > Window Logs related to that exe.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/242487-copy-paste-through-rdp.html