Windows Support Forum

Combofix deleted offline folder directory causing files to disappear

Q: Combofix deleted offline folder directory causing files to disappear

Hello I ran into an issue with a user s computer Initially he was experiencing problems with the computer running slow A previous technician diagnosed the issue and decided to run Combofix to clear any issues that might be causing this However in running Combofix the files in the folder C windows csc folder deleted disappear Combofix offline files causing directory folder to d or systemroot csc Combofix deleted offline folder directory causing files to disappear folder Combofix deleted offline folder directory causing files to disappear d were treated as malware and moved to C Qoobox Quarantine C Windows csc folder d and renamed with the extension vir In doing so the user has lost some of his data Although the data represents files on a share drive on a server in syncing the share drive s files in order to make them available offline some of those files were lost Well at least that Combofix deleted offline folder directory causing files to disappear s how it seems as the user s files seemed to have disappeared around the same time Combofix was run We ve tried a system restore to the day BEFORE Combofix was run to no avail We ve also tried to use batch file renaming programs as we made copies of the files in the Quarantine in order to get them out of quarantine and rename them without the vir extension put them back in their original folder and resync but that did not work The Windows resynchronization process reports that some of the files can t be restored because the user is not connected to the server even though he is Nonetheless after that attempt the files that were missing are still missing The files themselves vary from Excel spreadsheets to Word documents The scan was performed on but the last-edited dates of the about - or so Also I spoke to an expert on Experts-Exchange who suggested to find and run a quot erdnt exe quot file in one of two directories C WINDOWS ERDNT subs erdnt exe C WINDOWS ERDNT Hiv-backup erdnt exe Oddly enough these exe s did not exist The files are still in Quarantine and I also have a backup of the quarantined files in a different directory I also have the Combofix log attached for further clarification The OS is Windows XP Service Pack Any assistance would be appreciated Thank you for your time

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Combofix deleted offline folder directory causing files to disappear

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Combofix deleted offline folder directory causing files to disappear

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/431008 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431008/combofix-deleted-offline-folder-directory-causing-files-to-disappear/
Relevancy 72.67%

When I boot to safe mode I cannot find Combofix or Rkill. 
I tried. I put them on my desktop. 
Even when I manually go to the desktop folder they are not there.

I had to run combo and rkill off a thumbdrive.

Is this normal?

A:Combofix and Rkill exe files disappear when I boot to safe mode. Normal?

ComboFix is optimized to run from normal mode where it is most effective. However, it should run in safe mode if you are having trouble getting it to run or loading Windows in normal mode. As to why it (or RKill) is not showing on your desktop after booting in save mode....not sure why without more information. Have you tried saving the files to a download folder instead of the Desktop?As a general policy, Bleeping Computer does not offer advice on how to run ComboFix unless we asked someone to run it or if there is a problem with the computer caused by running the tool. We recommend that people should not be using ComboFix without being advised to do so by a trained expert (see here) who is assisting them deal with a malware problem. When issues arise due to complex malware infections, problems running ComboFix (i.e. stalling, hanging, crashing) or with other security tools causing conflicts, experts are usually aware of them and can advise what should or should not be done while providing individual assistance. When false detections are identified, experts have access to the developer and can report them so he can investigate, confirm and make corrections. Those attempting to use ComboFix on their own do not have such information and are at risk when running the tool in an unsupervised environment.Also be aware that using ComboFix is only one part of the disinfection process. Preliminary scans from other tools like DDS, OTL, Zoek and RSIT should be used first because they provide comprehensive logs with specific details about files, folders and registry keys which may have been modified by malware infection. Analysis of those logs allows planning a strategy for effective disinfection and a determination if using ComboFix is necessary.While our policy is not to offer advice on running ComboFix unless we asked someone to run it, we are willing to assist with resolving problems caused after using it and we are certainly willing to help with malware disinfection. If that assistance requires running ComboFix, you will be advised what to do in order to get the tool to run properly or investigate any error messages.If you need individual assistance with a malware infection, please follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide For Requesting Help starting at Step 6.If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running DDS which will create two logs. (Note: Windows 8.1 Users will not be able run DDS and create a log)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552286/combofix-and-rkill-exe-files-disappear-when-i-boot-to-safe-mode-normal/
Relevancy 71.81%

I am still having issues getting offline files to work correctly I have a notebook running Windows Pro that syncs with a options available dissapeared option in tab offline" "Always folder and Offline Files desktop also running Win Pro After a clean install due to the many issues I've had dealing with Offline Files before I just synced folder to see if it would work And it did Windows synced the folder and it was made available offline I could easily make folders available offline by simply right-clicking "Always available offline" option and Offline Files tab dissapeared in folder options on a folder and clicking the option quot Always available offline quot I was also able to successfully sync my Documents Desktop and Favorites folders using folder redirection Oddly when I tried to make a new folder available offline a few weeks later the option is gone for any other folders new or previously existing And when I right-click on a folder or file and choose Properties the "Always available offline" option and Offline Files tab dissapeared in folder options Offline Files tab no longer shows as well I have a fairly simple home network setup My notebook computer syncs with a desktop PC also running Windows Professional I call this the quot Server quot PC Nothing has changed network-wise or configuration wise on either PC I haven't messed with any network settings or played around with offline files settings since the last successful sync No new networking hardware has been added either Screenshots below screenshot See the three folders below with the green sync icon over them But notice how the quot Always available offline quot option is missing from the menu when I right-click on any folder screenshot below If I right-click on one of those quot original quot folders and go to Properties notice how the Offline Files tab is visible However I can no longer uncheck this folder from being available offline If I uncheck the quot Always available offline quot check box Apply then hit OK nothing happens And when I go back into the Properties for that folder the check box is checked again It's like it doesn't even save my settings Oh and another strange issue while I'm here The quot Media quot folder shown below doesn't actually sync It shows that it's marked to be available offline but as soon as I disconnect from the network it's not available But the other folders DO sync regularly Only the Media folder doesn't sync at all the media folder just has a few video files less than MB screenshot below Here is screen shot of me trying to make the quot ClientData quot folder available offline but the quot Always available offline quot options does not appear when I right-click on it Any ideas as to what would cause this and or how to fix Keep in mind that I disabled and re-enabled offline files increased the space reserved for offline files played with the group policy settings trying to force the folder to sync and then I reformatted the database all to no avail Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6285c814-837c-4798-838f-e2ba00dec5fe/quotalways-available-offlinequot-option-and-offline-files-tab-dissapeared-in-folder-options?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 71.81%

Downloaded Combofix today (Feb 17, 2008) Ran it on a Windows XP Home OEM SP2 machine. After rebooting, c:\windows\system32 folder was gone (not just the files, but the folder itself). Booted from CD, restored folder from qoobox and Windows is back up.

A:Combofix Deleted System32 Folder

Hello ComputerGuy7 and welcome to BC Sorry about the delay in response. We are all volunteers here and sometimes things slip past us.Combofix is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used with the direction of an expert," NOT for private use. You should NOT use Combofix unless a Malware Removal Expert has told you to. Improper use of this tool can seriously damage your operating system and may even prevent it from starting again. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer.What issues are you having with your computer that you decided to run this program? What security programs do you have installed?Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/131730/combofix-deleted-system32-folder/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have accidentally delete all the files in the root directory including config.sys and autoexec.bat.

what can I do?????

A:deleted files in the root directory please help

blimey!!! Silly thing to do!! when you say ''deleted'' do you mean you have sent them to the recycle bin, or you have sent them to the recycle bin and then deleted them from the recyle bin?

Because if they are sill in recycle bin, you can still recover them!

Try looking on the internet, i did a quick search a found a few pages that might be helpful, i have listed one below for you

http://www.****works.org/ibm/rmroot4.txt

The word is (p imp) i guess that have put asterixs because it's a rude word

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/deleted-files-in-the-root-directory-please-help-211039.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi I already searched through alot of threads but could not find anyone having the exact same issue We have a Windows Server R Enterprise with SP which is hosting a DFS Namespace A customer of us works with his notebook Win SP and has enabled Offline Files for his personal folder in the DFS path The initial synchronisation seemed to work and no sync errors are reported in Sync Center Now the problem is everytime he opens a document from his DFS path and saves it a be Files TMP Files created getting Offline - deleted cannot and tmp file gets created there and doesnt disappear Not even after reboot As far as i know it happens with Word Excel and PDF documents If I log on to the server and browse to his path i cannot see those Offline Files - TMP Files getting created and cannot be deleted tmp files only he can see it If I try to delete those files from his notebook I get an error quot File is no longer located in Verify the item s location and try again quot What I have tried so far If Offline Files get disabled those tmp files disappear On activating they are visible again Tried quot Delete temporary files quot from Sync Center - gt Manage Offline Files - gt Disk Usage Offline Files - TMP Files getting created and cannot be deleted Nothing happened I tried to repair Office didn t help The only Group Policy Settings we have relating to Offline Files are quot Synchronize all offline files before logging off quot and quot Allow or Disallow use of the Offline Files Feature quot which is enabled Would be nice if someone can get me into the right direction to fix this issue If more information is needed let me know

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/89e9b617-d9eb-41da-886c-d86cb9262901/offline-files-tmp-files-getting-created-and-cannot-be-deleted?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 71.38%

Please Help Any help is appreciated and Thank You Today to help a user Fix running Offline after Restore deleted files in my Restore deleted files after running Offline Fix company I had to run Microsoft's Offline Fix Tool on a Windows Machine Some issue with the network the laptop did not sync and my bad I didn't notice in the sync center After running the tool User's a month old data is lost I was unable to locate the files anywhere in the Snapshot folders in the server Since it's a corporate environment and a bank I cannot run any unauthorized tools to recover the data Offline files are stored in Windows CSC folder Please help me in understanding two things If we run Offline fix will that delete the files from CSC folder nbsp Incase If Restore deleted files after running Offline Fix it's there but to access the CSC folder you need to take Ownership Not able to access the folder even with my admin credentials If we take ownership of that folder will it affect the synchronization in future Ruru Koshy Varghese

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8db60654-4f26-4046-9784-d8938dbd0f57/restore-deleted-files-after-running-offline-fix?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 70.09%

How can I change Outlook so that all my deleted files are deleted rather than being sent into the "Deleted" folder?

There must be a way?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/227173-outlook-2003-deleted-files-go-deleted-folder-remove.html
Relevancy 70.09%

hi guys ladies or other sexual genre selecteds i have serious problems with my from bluetooth. directory have deleted win. driver my files i problems i with bluetooth device my hardware physical bluetooth device is ok working no problem my problem is around software i got some problems and i had decided to delete files from quot C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository quot and i tried to reinstall driver setup exe file but it didnt work didnt run i think that i had deleted some important and root files from windows and if they are absent if they are not there i cannot install my bluetooth driver now i will give technical informationz bluetooth device is not working so i am writin this post from my mobile phone i wont give any screenshot sorry BCM Bluetooth Device when i tried to install drivers from quot device manager i have problems with my bluetooth. i deleted driver files from win. directory quot i have got this message quot windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device windows found driver i have problems with my bluetooth. i deleted driver files from win. directory software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it BCM Bluetooth Device the system cannot find the file specified windows version build service pack legal and copyrighted registered windows not pirate ------------ if i try to summarize my problem with less words i had deleted files from quot C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository quot and i couldnt reinstall the bluetooth software what will i do must i do have to do thanks for your help Serkan SEKERCI nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-have-problems-with-my-bluetooth-i-deleted-driver-files-from-win-directory.1006598/
Relevancy 68.8%

Edit: a bit quick off the mark with the thread. Problem seems to have resolve itself.

A:Combofix deleted files

Thanks for letting us know, happy computing .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490002/combofix-deleted-files/
Relevancy 68.8%

I ran Combofix last night after getting a program on my computer called SystemFix. After looking up a few helpful links, I found one that recommended running ComboFix to get rid of the issue, which it did, but on the flip side ComboFix also deleted pretty much all of my documents and files on bother of my harddrives.

Is there any way to get these documents and files back?
Actually upon investigating, the files still seem to be there, but are completely hidden to me and invisible. Checking the properties of folders shows it as being 5+gb large, but opening it up shows nothing inside.

A:Ran Combofix, most files were deleted.

Hello thelordymir,

I need more information if I am to help you with this.

I'll need to see the C:\ComboFix.txt along with the reports generated from the tools in our sticky topic.

Please follow the instructions in our pre-posting topic New Instructions - Read This Before Posting for Malware Removal Help and post the requested logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/ran-combofix-most-files-were-deleted-616061.html
Relevancy 68.8%

So I was receiving help from someone on removing malware from my computer and by them being volunteers on a site i suppose they have lives that don't revolve around my computer issues. . I ran combofix and it has deleted my files. Whenever I click on any file i get this message: Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion. I know I should back up my files and run MBAM and all that but I can't get anything to open up. If I could just get my computer back to its state before I ran combofix I'd really appreciate it. I'm desperate to fix this problem. I have homework that is due Tuesday.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/308534/combofix-deleted-files/
Relevancy 68.8%

I used to run Combofix to fix any viruses and it worked fine till couple of days back.
I got Fake Anti-Virus scan in my machine.
To remove that, I ran Combofix in my system.

I got rootactivity error and it asked me to reboot my system.
When i rebooted, I got Safeboot is not installed error.

This is for my office laptop.
I have taken help from my companies help desk and they are able to login by connecting external drive and
unlocking the Safeboot password.

The idea is to take backup and re-image my laptop.
When he went C and D Drives, there are no files.
It just says 0 Bytes.

I have lot of valuable information.
Please suggest..

Thanks in advance.

A:ComboFix Deleted all my Files

Can someone please respond..
I lost all of my data(including System files).
My C and D Drive is empty.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/333491/combofix-deleted-all-my-files/
Relevancy 68.8%

In the Combofix log Only by Combofix? files deleted are the only files deleted by Combofix listed in the Other Deletions section And by Other I'm assuming this means files other than the recycle bin temporary and temporary internet files that it deletes I'm a well-versed computer user but was new unaware as to Combofix when I recommended to someone that they remedy a malware problem on their machine by grabbing and running the tools in the Bleeping Computer Security Tools section Unfortunately the guide s to reverse the process of Combofix have been ineffective -- instead merely running Combofix again And so I'm manually dissecting what exactly Combofix deleted on his machine I understand the particulars are kept under wraps to avoid circumvention but I think it's fair that it's at least divulged what a tool deletes from one's computer and would have been nice if it had had a bit more blatant of a heads-up in-program I can see Only files deleted by Combofix? and understand the Other Deletions section I'm just wondering if Other means files other than the standard wipe of recycle bin temp temp internet And are there other sections I should look at and cross-reference for deletions that weren't restored such as registry The Orphans Removed section apparently didn't remove the registry keys mentioned Thanks

A:Only files deleted by Combofix?

Hello and Welcome -Please Fully Read ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look hereThe tool is designed to be used by experts who can spend 6 months learning when and why and how to use this tool - Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486485/only-files-deleted-by-combofix/
Relevancy 68.8%

My name is wildwilly782001 and I have the same problem as Frank123456. I do not know how to restore the missing files and there is no restore on my system. All help will be appreciated.Thanks

A:Combofix deleted all my files

Hi wildwilly782001,please post the log combofix created when it first ran. You should find it in C:\combofix.txtPlease also post the content of C:\qoobox\combofix-quarantined-files.txt.Do you still have a copy of ComboFix or was it deleted as well?regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/290021/combofix-deleted-all-my-files/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello all I noticed that I was not supposed to use combofix but I guess I should have some deleted files Combofix done some research here first before I did Here is the situation I had some maleware and Combofix deleted some files I ran my usual Malwarebytes and Super Antispyware I had the older version of combofix so I thought I would run this without asking for help first Stupid me So when I click to run combofix it alerts me to update to new version and asks me about a re-store point So I run it and after combofix is complete my system does run smoother but now my firefox folder is missing along with my start menu and menu bar Everything else seems to be ok so far I can still access fire fox by using a file that was on my desk top and all of my bookmarks are still there so I know this must be a minor issue But I am pretty sure there are some other files that I need that were deleted too So would it be possible for someone to take a look at the attached combofix log and possibly give me some advice on what to do Thanks very much Edit Ok I just noticed that I have no sound either Edit I attached the file but I do not see it I will paste it here ComboFix - - - NewUser - x Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running from c documents and settings NewUser My Documents Downloads commy exe exeAV avast Antivirus Disabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Other Deletions C commy exec commy exe datc commy exe v datc commy exe w datc commy exe AppDataFile cfxc commy exe AppDataFolder cfxc commy exe appinit badc commy exe asp strc commy exe Assoc cmdc commy exe ATTRIB cfxxec commy exe Auto-RC cmdc commy exe av cmdc commy exe av vbsc commy exe AWF cmdc commy exe badclsid cc commy exe Boot-Rk cmdc commy exe Boot batc commy exe BootDrv vbsc commy exe c batc commy exe c mrkc commy exe Catch-sub cmdc commy exe catchme cfxxec commy exe CCS batc commy exe CF-Script cmdc commy exe CF cfxxec commy exe CFVersionOldc commy exe CHCP batc commy exe clsid cc commy exe Combobatch batc commy exe ComboFix-Download cfxxec commy exe Create cmdc commy exe Creg datc commy exe CregC cmdc commy exe CregC datc commy exe CSCRIPT cfxxec commy exe CSet cmdc commy exe dd cfxxec commy exe ddsDo sedc commy exe DelClsid batc commy exe DelClsid batc commy exe desktop inic commy exe DesktopFile cfxc commy exe DPF strc commy exe DrvRun vbsc commy exe dumphive cfxxec commy exe embedded sedc commy exe ERDNT e ec commy exe ERDNTDOS LOCc commy exe ERDNTWIN LOCc commy exe ERUNT cfxxec commy exe erunt datc commy exe ERUNT LOCc commy exe Exe regc commy exe extract cfxxec commy exe FavoriteFolder cfxc commy exe FavoritesFile cfxc commy exe FD-SV cmdc commy exe ffdefstr dllc commy exe FileKill cfxxec commy exe files pifc commy exe Fin datc commy exe FIND M batc commy exe FIXLSP batc commy exe FKMGen cmdc commy exe ForeignWhtc commy exe GetHive cmdc commy exe grep cfxxec commy exe gsar cfxxec commy exe handle cfxxec commy exe hidec exec commy exe history batc commy exe hwid pifc commy exe iexplore exec commy exe image gifc commy exe Imefile datc commy exe Install-RC cmdc commy exe katch cmdc commy exe Kill-All cmdc commy exe kmd datc commy exe Lang batc commy exe List-B batc commy exe List-C batc commy exe List-D batc commy exe List batc commy exe lnkread vbsc commy exe LocalAppDataFile cfxc commy exe LocalAppDataFolder cfxc commy exe LocalService datc commy exe LocalServiceNetworkRestricted datc commy exe LocalSettingsFile cfxc commy exe LocalSystemNetworkRestricted datc commy exe mbr cfxxec commy exe mbr chkc commy exe md sum pifc commy exe Mirrorsc commy exe MoveIt batc commy exe mtee cfxxec commy exe MtPt c commy exe mynul datc commy exe n pifc commy exe N c commy exe N c commy exe N c commy exe N c commy exe N c commy exe N c commy exe N c commy exe N c commy exe N c commy exe N c commy exe N c commy exe N c commy exe N c commy exe N c commy exe N c commy exe N c commy exe N c commy exe N c commy exe N pingtestc commy exe ncmd comc commy exe ND batc commy exe ndis combofix ... Read more

A:Combofix deleted some files

Any help on this matter would be great! Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/461155/combofix-deleted-some-files/
Relevancy 67.94%

Our users "my documents" folders are set up for redirection to \\ourserver\users

We have an XP based machine ( machine X ) that was used by person A, each time they logged off it synchronized as expected.

However machine X is now used by another user B.

Whenever user B logs off user A's offline files still keep synchronising, have deleted all the files from the offline folder I still cannot see a way of stopping user A's files and starting the new user B's files sync.

User A's files were accounting type files and are sensitive files that should not be viewed by others, however by still sync to the offline files folder they can be easily viewed.

Any thoughts as how I can stop this and re-direct the new users files to sync as I need to release this pc for general use.

Cheers.

A:Offline files / folder sync

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307853

You need to unmark the old users' folders for offline use, apply, reboot and make sure that the machine can see the domain and be made happy on that front, log in as the new user and then mark those new folders for offline use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offline-files-folder-sync.910752/
Relevancy 67.94%

Recently a coworker was trying to CUT/PASTE files from their My Documents folder to another location. During the procedure our file server crashed and shutdown. Their My Documents folder is a re-directed and synchronized folder.

I was able to restore the users entire home drive from the previous nights backup to another location. To date the user has been working from this secondary location but wishes to have all the files moved back to their My Documents so that synchronization can occur for offline access.

I am unsure of how to go about doing this safely.

I'm thinking that I should re-initialize the users Offline Cache and Database first, delete what is in My Documents now, and then copy the restored data back to My Documents. Then, at that point in time re-enable offline files and perform a sync.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Scott

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/redirected-folder-offline-files.956470/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi and thanks in advance for your help I may be a little paranoic but better to be safe that sorry Today out of nowwhere when I tried to play Minecraft I started to receive Could not create the virtual machine error I have been playing Minecraft with no problems until today After several forums fixes tries I decided to run ComboFix as several users suggested Suspicious files ComboFix. deleted by it may be related to malware I know haven't read the Preparation Guide at the time ComboFix deleted several files from the PC name of the files can be seen in the log of ComboFix I will post Now I just want Suspicious files deleted by ComboFix. to make sure my PC is safe or if there are any other malicious files on it As Note The problem with Java Minecraft still occurring after ComboFix scan Again thanks for your help DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by George at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition Enabled Updated E Suspicious files deleted by ComboFix. FA-F - - E-E F BABC FW Enabled FW ZoneAlarm Free Firewall Firewall Enabled Running Processes C Program Files Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition gzserv exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField IswSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core daemonu exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v WPF WPFFontCache v exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition gziface exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZoneAlarm zatray exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZoneAlarm vsmon exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField ForceField exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService Pseudo HJT Report BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - F - D - - D F - c program files spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO ZoneAlarm Security Engine Registrar A A C - - D C-BD D- CB EED E - c program files checkpoint zaforcefield trustchecker bin TrustCheckerIEPlugin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll TB ZoneAlarm Security Engine EE AC E -B B - EC - A -BCA A AB - c program files checkpoint zaforcefield trustchecker bin TrustCheckerIEPlugin dll TB ZoneAlarm Security Engine EE AC E -B B - EC - A -BCA A AB - c program files checkpoint zaforcefield trustchecker bin TrustCheckerIEPlugin dll uRun SpybotSD TeaTimer c program files spybot - search amp destroy TeaTimer exe uRun Steam d games steam steam exe -silent mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun NvMediaCenter RunDLL exe NvMCTray dll NvTaskbarInit -login mRun nwiz c program files nvidia corporation nview nwiz exe installquiet mRun ZoneAlarm c program files checkpoint zonealarm zatray exe mRun Adobe ARM c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe mRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE mRun SunJavaUpdateSched c program files common files java java update jusched exe mRun ISW c program files checkpoint zaforcefield ForceField exe icon hidden uPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword uPolicies-Explorer NoDriveAutoRun dword uPolicies-Explorer NoDrives dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDriveAutoRun dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDrives dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDriveAutoRun dword IE DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - - F - D - - D F - c program files spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper d... Read more

A:Suspicious files deleted by ComboFix.

I realised I may have missed some information. The PC comes after a format and reintall of Windows after I was infected with something that took away my privileges as a user and administrator on Windows 7.

Also ( I don't know if this helps or not, it may also sound noobish) but I always have two network connections, one that says "limited or no connectivity" and the active one (everytime i connect to Internet using my ISP PPPoE the pop-up saying Limited or no connectivity" appears, even though i have access to internet.)

A few days ago after a Spybot scan the program found and deleted 5 adware programs, unfortunately I can't remember their name (i couldn't find the log, don't know if i saved it).

I don't know if this is normal or not but I have 6200 access attempts blocked by the ZoneAlarm firewall in I believe 3 days after installing it without intensely utilising the net. Hope i covered everything and sorry, I'll try to be more acurrate in the next posts.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491352/suspicious-files-deleted-by-combofix/
Relevancy 67.94%

I run ComboFix to get rid of the spyware, I got rid of it but in the process ComboFix deleted some of my files and placed them in Qoobox.
How can I get those files back?Its really important as I invested lots of time on working with these files, they are .xml type ones.
Also for finding them I used Pandora Recovery, I was able to recover these files with it but they were all 0KB.
Thank you for your time.

A:ComboFix deleted some of my important files

First:No one should be using ComboFix unless specifically instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert who can interpret the logs. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. When issues arise with new malware infections or other security tools conflicting with ComboFix, experts are aware of them and can advise users what should or should not be done while providing assistance. Those attempting to use ComboFix on their own do not have such information and are at risk when running the tool in an unsupervised environment. Please read the pinned topic ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here. What specific issues are you having that requires using ComboFix?Compliments of QuietMan7Second:Please follow the instructions in ==>Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide<==.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.Most importantly please be patient till you get a reply to your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436677/combofix-deleted-some-of-my-important-files/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi Guys!I have a rather quick question. By chance can you retrieves files deleted by combofix? turns out i ran combofix on a infected computer that had the ACT! software install'd by Sage. I believe it detected it as a false positive so it automatilly deleted everyone under the ACT! directory. Turns out ACT! is important software I required, and I don't have the CDs for it. I'm hoping there is a simple command or something i can do to retrieved those files. As a last alternative i will run recovery software, but maybe you guys know an easier way. Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:ComboFix deleted ACT! program files

Hello VCORE.Please note that ComboFix is not for use without supervision in case things such as this occur.Post a new topic in the HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal Forum. Include in that topic a copy of the ComboFix log (C:\ComboFix.txt).Please do not post any logs outside of the forum mentioned above. After the new topic has been created, give me a link to it here.With Regards,The Panda

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/240907/combofix-deleted-act-program-files/
Relevancy 67.94%

I was stupid and ran combofix on my own. Having run malwarebytes, MS security Essentials, adwcleaner the laptop i was working on still had some odd behavior. I have used Combofix in the past on other computers without issue but this time it deleted documents, files and programs (combofix itself) from the desktop, My Docs and other locations. They appear to be in c:\Qoobox How do I recover them? I do not want to do anything with this computer until they are recovered. The user will be very upset with it's current state. Please help this fool!

A:Combofix deleted My Documents and other files

This is one of the reasons why we recommend not to use ComboFix on your own (see here). There are risks involved and we would prefer it if someone (a trained expert) who knows how to resolve any issues that may arise when running the tool, is supervising it's use.As a general policy, Bleeping Computer does not offer advice on how to run ComboFix unless we asked someone to run it or if there is a problem with the computer caused by running the tool. We recommend that people should not be using ComboFix without being advised to do so by a trained expert (see here) who is assisting them deal with a malware problem. When issues arise due to complex malware infections, problems running ComboFix (i.e. stalling, hanging, crashing) or with other security tools causing conflicts, experts are usually aware of them and can advise what should or should not be done while providing individual assistance. When false detections are identified, experts have access to the developer and can report them so he can investigate, confirm and make corrections. Those attempting to use ComboFix on their own do not have such information and are at risk when running the tool in an unsupervised environment.While our policy is not to offer advice on running ComboFix unless we asked someone to run it, we are willing to assist with resolving problems caused after using it. As part of its routine ComboFix creates a folder named Qoobox in C:\QooBox\Quarantine\ to keep all files removed and renamed by ComboFix so they no longer pose a threat. Restoring any files from that location will require reviewing the ComboFix log to determine exactly what was removed and most likely the use of a script to restore them. ComboFix should have saved a log to the root directory, usually C:\ComboFix.txt.Please follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide For Requesting Help starting at Step 6.If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running DDS which will create two logs. (Note: Windows 8.1 Users will not be able run DDS and create a log)When you have done that, post your logs to include your ComboFix log in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here. A member of the Malware Removal Team will be able to review your log and advise how to recover any files placed in Qoobox.-- ComboFix logs are not permitted in this forum. If no log was created by ComboFix or you cannot post its log, then ignore this part and just post the other requested log(s) as follows.Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs or you're using Windows 8.1, then still start the new topic anyway. Explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them.After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562378/combofix-deleted-my-documents-and-other-files/
Relevancy 67.94%

I run ComboFix to get rid of the spyware I got rid of it but in the process ComboFix deleted files of some my ComboFix deleted important some of my files and placed them in Qoobox How can I get those files back Its really important as I invested lots of time on working with these files they are xml type ones Also for finding them I used Pandora Recovery I was able to recover these files with it but they were all KB Thank you for your time I have also not found any of this files in C QooBox QuarantinePandora recovery shows that the files are located at C Qoobox Test but theres not a folder there at all DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Fruli Luli at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT AV Norton AntiVirus Enabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ComboFix deleted some of my important files ACF SP Norton AntiVirus Enabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows system atiesrxx exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system AUDIODG EXEC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows system atieclxx exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows system svchost exe -k apphostC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Common Files Nokia MPlatform NokiaMServer exeC Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exeC Windows system NLSSRV EXEC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesService exeC Program Files Common Files VMware USB vmware-usbarbitrator exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exeC Windows system vmnat exeC Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesApp exeC Windows system svchost exe -k iissvcsC Program Files TrustPort DataShredder bin wipesrv exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Program Files VMware VMware Workstation vmware-authd exeC Windows system vmnetdhcp exeC Windows system SearchIndexer ComboFix deleted some of my important files exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files Microsoft Games minesweeper minesweeper exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Program Files Pandora Recovery PandoraRecovery exeC Program Files Notepad notepad exeC Program Files ComboFix deleted some of my important files Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA AAM Updates Notifier exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exeC Windows explorer exeC Windows system vssvc exeC Windows System svchost exe -k swprvC Windows system DllHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Windows system conhost exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp eu ask com o amp l dismStart Page hxxp www bigseekpro com burn free A -B - C - F- CA F E F uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localmURLSearchHooks H - No FilemURLSearchHooks H - No FileBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO Updater For Spam Free Search Bar a be - fd - - -ce d c fdfc - c program files blekkotb auxi blekkoAu dllBHO Spam Free Search Bar c e c- - be -a - e f b e - c program files blekkotb blekkoDx dllBHO EWPBrowseObject Class f e- - ... Read more

A:ComboFix deleted some of my important files

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.I would ike to see a report that combofix makes.extra combofix reportpush the "windows key" + "R" (between the "Ctrl" button and "Alt" Button)please copy and past the following into the box
C:\Qoobox\ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt
click okcopy and paste the report into this topic for me to reviewGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436738/combofix-deleted-some-of-my-important-files/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello Sr. Members,

I used Combofix and now I am in great trouble. It deleted all .exe files from my system.
I can't run any program. Today I was supposed to delivery the application to my client but I have stuck in such a strange
problem. Please help me urgently. Thanks a million.

Danish

A:Combofix deleted all .exe files from system

Hi,

Since you have run Combofix, please follow these instructions:

Please follow the instructions in THIS GUIDE starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.
Once the proper logs are created (make sure to include the combofix log created, probably located at C:\ComboFix.txt), then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE. Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.
If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.
It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members. xXToffeeXx~

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524491/combofix-deleted-all-exe-files-from-system/
Relevancy 67.94%

I accidentally deleted my RECIPE FOLDER containing several categories of recipes with several files in each folder. I could not find my deleted files in MY Recycle Bin so I recovered my RECIPE FOLDER by restoring my system to an earlier date. Now that I have recovered My RECIPE FOLDER, all my files are now script and cannot be read. These are recipes that I have been collecting for over 8 years. It's a treasure to me. How do I return these script files to normal. My folder was stored on an HP Pavilion Laptop using Windows 7.
Thanks to any helpers on this forum who can assist me.....Carlyle

A:Accidentally deleted a folder in Windows 7 and now restored folder files are script

could you attach an example of one of these files to a post so we can have a look and see whats happened to them for you?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/accidentally-deleted-a-folder-in-windows-7-and-now-restored-folder-files-are-script-954961.html
Relevancy 67.08%

The offline files tab is missing from the folder options on XP on my desktop PC. (The other three tabs are present). This has not mattered in the past but I have now networked this to a laptop and want to share files and use syncronisation between the two machines. Any help would be much appreciated

A:Missing Offline Files tab in folder options

You need to ensure that Fast User Switching is disabled: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307853

Also, make sure you are enabling offline files on the computer that is accessing the network share, the one that does not have a copy of the files locally.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-offline-files-tab-in-folder-options.1014851/
Relevancy 67.08%

I tried searching for "offline" in the forum and scanned through the 250 odd titles that came up but could not find reference to relocating the offline files folder. I frequently take an image of the system drive as a backup but, with an ever increasing offline folder (windows\csc), this is getting unworkable so I want to move the folder to my data drive (D:\).

I've tried using a symbolic link to a folder on the C drive (as I've successfully done with the OneDrive folder) but win10 seems to object and stops working.

Surprisingly, with google there's loads of references to doing this with previous versions of windows but I can't find anything Win10 specific. Does anybody know of a reliable way of relocating the csc folder?

A:Want to move Offline Files Folder (Windows\CSC)

Yes, there is not a method to do yet. I tried all steps of W7, WIN VISTA!!.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/20304-want-move-offline-files-folder-windows-csc.html
Relevancy 67.08%

is this possible?

I have a 4gb drive that has windows on and when i make a network file available offline, by default it is being saved to this drive. What I want is for the offline files to be saved on the 250gb hard disk I have in the computer.

thanks

A:Changing the location of the 'offline files' folder?

These two links may help you find some more info on the issue.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/..20.mspx
http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index.php/id;871896698;fp;2;fpid;1277378924

As far as I know there is no way to change the location of the Offline Files.
But if you find any more info do let me know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-the-location-of-the-offline-files-folder.366842/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello I ran ComboFix - - to eliminate browser redirect issues and was successful Lost Deleted ComboFix To or Find Files Help Sometime ComboFix Help To Find Lost or Deleted Files either before during or after I lost some emails When Trying to open Outlook it could not find the file at C Users UserName AppData Local Microsoft Outlook Outlook pst After checking my directories I discovered the Users UserName folder was gone Fortunately I had backed up my system on the ComboFix Help To Find Lost or Deleted Files th so the lost was not that great although ComboFix Help To Find Lost or Deleted Files there were some important emails there that I am trying to recover if at all possible I read the ComboFix txt and do not see where the file had been deleted or repaired if I am reading it correctly I am still searching for the location of this directory but have not been able to locate it yet Does ComboFix create a backup file of the files it deletes Any suggestions or help will be appreciated Is there something else I can do at this point Thank you

A:ComboFix Help To Find Lost or Deleted Files

Hi -

Only the Security Forum can help with ComboFix. I suggest that you proceed to the Security Center, Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help Forum, to have your system reviewed by a Security Analyst. Be be sure to follow THESE STEPS carefully before posting your logs in the Security Forum.

Please be patient as the Security Analysts are very busy and one will get to you as soon as possible.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/combofix-help-to-find-lost-or-deleted-files-516356.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello I apologize in advance I know I'm supposed to get help before running Combofix but of the time we have had no issues with it This time however it decided that all the user's personal files were infections I am uploading the dds txt files personal Combofix, all deleted user Ran attach txt and Ran Combofix, all personal user files deleted Combofix txt I need to figure out how to get their files back hopefully without manually having to change each extension Again thank you in advance DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by hughes at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Disabled Updated AD D -BA - C - - A AD B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP avast Antivirus Disabled Updated ACCC CA - C - C - B -AFE D E Running Processes C Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows system atiesrxx exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows Ran Combofix, all personal user files deleted system atieclxx exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXEC Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exeC Program Files Realtek Audio HDA AERTSr exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Client Services HPClientServices exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPWMISVC exeC Program Files x Realtek Realtek PCIE Card Reader RIconMan exeC Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exeC Program Files x RealNetworks RealDownloader rndlresolversvc exeC Program Files x Roxio RoxioNow Player RNowSvc exeC Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exeC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Program Files x Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXEC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework hpsa service exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files x OpenDownloaderManager ODM exeC Program Files x AppGraffiti AppGraffiti exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP QuickWeb hpqwutils exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPMSGSVC exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP On Screen Display HPOSD exeC Program Files x Real RealPlayer Update realsched exeC Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastui exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqWmiEx exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exeC Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exeC Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exeC Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC Windows System WUDFHost exeC Windows system prevhost exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe... Read more

A:Ran Combofix, all personal user files deleted

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/561516 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561516/ran-combofix-all-personal-user-files-deleted/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey all,
i hope this is the right forum to post in.

i've used combofix in a computer, and after that removed it through "combofix /uninstall" command.

i noticed, too late of course, that a folder located in appdata\roaming was deleted, and i need it bad.

i tried searching through "previous versions" of the roaming folder,
and also search the folder with Recuva and couldn't find the files.

I tried the CFDQ-UsrPrf.exe program
but i guess since i uninstalled combofix, the qoobox quarantine folder was deleted.

EDIT:
I now ticked "show hidden files" and the option to show system protected filed, and the QooBox folder is present,
but when i try to run the program above the 2nd time, i get :

Error 0x00007766 - aborting !

( all antivirus is disabled and i used "Run As admin" option )

any way to restore the files?
any help will be appreciated

thanks

A:Restore a deleted files after ComboFix removal

i've used combofix in a computer, and after that removed it through "combofix /uninstall" command.
i noticed, too late of course, that a folder located in appdata\roaming was deleted, and i need it bad.

This is one of the reasons for adding the warnings to the program download area.

ComboFix is meant to be used under the supervision of an Expert only, and it is not a "daily" scanner program, and you know why now

If you still have the ComboFix log then post it along with directions in ==>This Prep Guide<== starting at Step 6. (NOTE : Windows 8 will not produce DDS logs)

The Experts may be able to help you find your files, and see what went wrong -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547864/restore-a-deleted-files-after-combofix-removal/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,

I just ran Combofix on my computer and it seems to have deleted registry keys and everything i try to open on my computer comes back with the registry key is marked for deletion.

How do i restore them?

A:How to restore Combofix - deleted registry files

Hello defyet.First, a warning for both you and others who may read this thread.ComboFix (CF for short) is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for personal, unsupervised use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. When CF is run without trained assistance, it can no longer be considered a "safe" tool. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.You may find this topic to be informative - ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here***************************************************Now. . . in regards to your issue. The problem should resolve itself if you reboot the computer again~Blade

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/331561/how-to-restore-combofix-deleted-registry-files/
Relevancy 67.08%

Only some video files were deleted by Combofix everything else is fine These Video files are deleted by Video recover Files Combofix to Need backups from a surveillance system from the DVR and they are extremely important I tried to run the CFDQ-UsrPrf exe application but I get the Error x Aborting -Please Help Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by VIKTOR SOVIET administrator on VIKTORSOVIET-PC on - - Running from C Users VIKTOR SOVIET Downloads Loaded Profiles VIKTOR SOVIET Available profiles VIKTOR SOVIET Platform Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser FF Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Need to recover Video Files deleted by Combofix Windows System SLsvc Need to recover Video Files deleted by Combofix exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe Skype Technologies S A C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxsrvc exe BlueStack Systems Inc C Program Files x BlueStacks HD-LogRotatorService exe BlueStack Systems Inc C Program Files x BlueStacks HD-UpdaterService exe TOSHIBA C Program Files x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Web Camera Application TWebCameraSrv exe TOSHIBA Corporation C Windows System ThpSrv exe TOSHIBA Corporation C Program Files x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER TNaviSrv exe TOSHIBA Corporation C Windows System TODDSrv exe TOSHIBA Corporation C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA HDD SSD Alert TosSmartSrv exe WIBU-SYSTEMS AG C Program Files x CodeMeter Runtime bin CodeMeter exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe Mozilla Corporation C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v WPF WPFFontCache v exe NirSoft C Users VIKTOR SOVIET AppData Local Temp CC tmp nircmd exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run RtHDVCpl gt C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run Skytel gt C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA Skytel exe - - Realtek Semiconductor Corp Winlogon Notify igfxcui C Windows system igfxdev dll Intel Corporation HKU S- - - - - - - Run Skype gt C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe - - Skype Technologies S A Internet Whitelisted If an item is included in the fixlist if it is a registry item it will be removed or restored to default HKLM SOFTWARE Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Policy restriction lt ATTENTION HKU S- - - - - - - SOFTWARE Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Policy restriction lt ATTENTION HKU DEFAULT Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie amp ar iesearch HKU DEFAULT Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie amp ar msnhome HKU S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie amp ar iesearch SearchScopes HKU S- - - - gt DefaultScope EE -D - f-A FF-E B B E A URL SearchScopes HKU S- - - - gt DefaultScope EE -D - f-A FF-E B B E A URL BHO Content Blocker Plugin - gt CC -EFA - CBF- A- CF FBBFFF F - gt C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security x IEExt ContentBlocker ie content blocker plugin dll Kaspersky Lab ZAO BHO Virtual Keyboard Plugin - gt -E C- C- -C DC - gt C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security x IEExt VirtualKeyboard ie virtual keyboard plugin dll Kaspersky Lab ZAO BHO Safe Money Plugin - gt E D D - D - A -AE F- D E D - gt C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet ... Read more

A:Need to recover Video Files deleted by Combofix

Nevermind, I had to resolve the problem myself.  Help here SUCKS BALLS.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567428/need-to-recover-video-files-deleted-by-combofix/
Relevancy 67.08%

I ran combofix today and it downloaded and updated a newere version and now all of my files in quot My Documents quot have been deleted any chance for recovery or am I totally out of luck WOW This is worst than I thought all and my combofix with files latest the have been HELP!! update Ran deleted programs have been deleted OK Sorry for the multiple posts but the initial shock has finally passed and HELP!! Ran combofix with the latest update and all my files have been deleted I am now calm It looks like everything was Quarantined including registry settings in the Qoobox folder thanks for doing this it helped me calm down I see that most of the quarantined files have simply been renamed to quot vir quot I know I used combofix on my own and at my own risk but what is the easiest way to get things back to a state prior to running combofix System restore FYI Start--- Run-- All Programs is missing everything I know this more than likely can be restored with the registry settings Here is the combofix txt file Let me know if you need anything else Merged the posts OB

A:HELP!! Ran combofix with the latest update and all my files have been deleted

Hi,Please refer to this page on running the de-quarantine tool (CFDQ-UsrPrf.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/290138/combofix-problems-and-resolution-for-legitimate-files-being-deleted/If you have any problems, please report back here letting us know.Thanks.With Regards,Extremeboy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/290051/help-ran-combofix-with-the-latest-update-and-all-my-files-have-been-deleted/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a Dell D- with Windows XP SP- I ran Combofix but when I did I noticed it taking much longer than normal to run the program about hours I knew something was wrong for it taking such a long time but I was also concerned that if I killed the program while running during mid-process it might have caused me additional problems so I let it run it s course I was extremely dismayed to see when Combofix had finally finished my computer was now seriously messed up as many system program amp personal files amp folders were deleted and quarantined Now most programs wouldn t open or run shortcuts files deleted bug Combofix quarantined had my program & on my desktop wouldn t work then Windows Internet Explorer wouldn t open as that folder also became a casualty in this I then tried using System Restore but it was unsuccessful I got on bleepingcomputers com website borrowed another computer to get online then searched and reviewed the forums regarding this Combofix bug problem I found several topics on the problem with Combofix like I have but the most similar in the criteria was quot www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html quot a copy of this topic is below which basically said this problem can be fixed by downloading and running a special tool designed for this bug called CFDQ-UsrPrf exe Forum posting topic ComboFix problems and resolution for legitimate files being deleted Posted January - PM As many of of you know ComboFix has been pulled due to bug that causes legitimate files to be deleted For those that have been affected you would have noticed many deletions taking place as ComboFix was running and your desktop would be blank For users of Windows XP you may still have an Internet Explorer icon and the Recycle Bin still present on your desktop but everything else would be gone To restore the folders and files that were deleted please download the following file and save it to your desktop http download bleepingcomputer com sUBs CFDQ-UsrPrf exeNow disable all anti-virus program as they may interfere with the restoration process Instructions on how to do this can be found here Then launch the CFDQ-UsrPrf exe program to start the restoration process When the program has finished your data will have been restored Please note that if you had infections located in the deleted folders these infections will now be restored as well Therefore please do not reboot without first contacting the helper that was Combofix bug had deleted & quarantined my program files helping you previously as the infections could become active again end I ran the CFDQ-UsrPrf exe But it restored just a couple of files the majority were were not touched I tried running it again but now was getting an error message Error x So then I got the list of program tools outlined in the quot Preparation Guide for Use before Requesting Help quot needed to download run and make log files to post I needed internet back on my computer so I copied Combofix bug had deleted & quarantined my program files the quarantined Internet Explorer folder from C QooBox and pasted it back into C Program Files folder Then went to that folder in Program Files and I manually removed VIR extensions on all the files It worked I ran the following Defogger DDS and GMER and will attach the log files Not sure if you want Combofix logs yet or anything else so I didn t send them until you let me know I appreciate your time and expertise towards helping me fix this problem DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by owner at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k rpcssC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupsvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files internet explorer ... Read more

A:Combofix bug had deleted & quarantined my program files

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. Please take note: If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far. Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues. If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed. Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread. We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER log Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/389208/combofix-bug-had-deleted-quarantined-my-program-files/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi Guys I am migrating my user's home folders nbsp from one storage server to another storage server We have offline files sync enabled nbsp and users use to work at work in offline mode and the files folders sync when they connect to the company's network I have done some testing before migrating and found an issue that need assistance from your guys I pick a test user say quot Testuser quot and logout him out from the system I folder shared new disappers files connected to when Offline have copied all home drive stuff from Sharedserever- Old to Sharedserever- New for test user and make the required changes in AD profile Offline files disappers when connected to new shared folder and GPO for drive mapping nbsp As the nbsp Testuser 's nbsp documents pointing to H-drive My Documents are available offline on nbsp Offline files disappers when connected to new shared folder laptop in Documents folder Now nbsp I have worked offline as quot tesetuser Offline files disappers when connected to new shared folder quot and created some nbsp test files but when I logged in and connected with my company's network nbsp H-drive is it correctly pointing nbsp to new Sharedserever i e Sharedserever- and Documents path also redirected to the new server location However the files created in offline mode were disappeared instead of sync with the new Sharedserever I could not figure out why and I don't know if it something with CSC - Client-Side Caching nbsp folder Any help would be appreciated Regards Sarwar Sarwar

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4bf6dc54-5066-4b5a-82b0-15fe982eac34/offline-files-disappers-when-connected-to-new-shared-folder?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 66.22%

The offline files tab is missing from the folder options on XP on my desktop PC. (The other three tabs are present). This has not mattered in the past but I have now networked this to a laptop and want to share files and use syncronisation between the two machines. Any help would be much appreciated

Relevancy 66.22%

Hello can anybody help my i have some strange virus on PC I have already used deleted Combofix properties files, Internet unavailable all antivirus programs that available in Internet Then i used combofix It has deleted same files I still have virus on pc but also i have problems with internet connection after doing repair i have internet but i can not use properties when i want to change ip adressso what should i do to repair this i have windows vista ultim bit sp i have checked all deleted files they are not part of windows and i can not find them in interneti add the beginig combofix Combofix deleted files, Internet properties unavailable log----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HKEY CURRENT USER software microsoft windows currentversion explorer mountpoints f f -ff - dd- c - a shell AutoRun command - H LaunchU exe -a - - - - ORPHANS REMOVED - - - -HKCU-Run-Uniblue RegistryBooster - c program files uniblue registrybooster StartRegistryBooster exeMSConfigStartUp-Prime - d prime prime exe ------- Supplementary Scan ------- TCP F A E- C - CBA- -E AD A A A TCP A - EE- E - D -D FD A D FF - ProfilePath - c users ep AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles ttsz or default FF - plugin c users ep AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles ttsz or default extensions e c - e - -a cb- a plugins npqscan dll catchme W K XP Vista - rootkit stealth malware detector by Gmer http www gmer netRootkit scan - - Windows Service Pack NTFSscanning hidden processes scanning hidden autostart entries scanning hidden files scan completed successfullyhidden files ------------------------ Other Running Processes ------------------------ c windows System Ati evxx exec windows System audiodg exec program files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exec windows System Ati evxx exec windows System conime exec program files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exec program files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exec program files a-squared Free a service exec program files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exec windows System wbem WMIADAP exe

A:Combofix deleted files, Internet properties unavailable

ComboFix logs should not to be posted or discussed outside the HijackThis forums. It is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.Please create a new topic in the Am I Infected forum.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/Explain the nature of your problem. Describe pop-ups and system tray or desktop icons that have appeared. Explain what is "going wrong" with your computer. Note any tools you have used and their respective results.If needed, we will direct you to our HJT Preparation Guide.This topic is now closed. The BC Staff

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/208918/combofix-deleted-files-internet-properties-unavailable/
Relevancy 66.22%

I used Combofix from this website and it deleted my files. I found a way to access IE and Firefox, however, it deleted my MS Office 2010 and I have papers (college) to submit. I keep getting errors when I click on programs telling me that the file was marked for deletion and if I try to click on a program in the menu, I get an error. I tried to assign the default programs and my Office is gone!!! I paid over $100 for MS Office and I'm highly pissed at the moment. All I wanted to do was remove a redirect virus not lose my programs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:Used Combofix and it deleted my files including Microsoft Office

All I wanted to do was remove a redirect virus not lose my programs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hello hayden -Are you sure that you read all the information about ComboFix prior to running the program ??ComboFix is not like your Antivirus program, as it is a specialists Tool, only to be used under full supervision !!!!!!!!!!Simply by clicking on your mouse it can alter the way the whole program works.Do you know the infection that you were trying to remove, or were you just playing to see if anything would be done ??Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/429475/used-combofix-and-it-deleted-my-files-including-microsoft-office/
Relevancy 66.22%

As many of of you know ComboFix has been pulled due to bug that causes legitimate files to be deleted For those that have been affected you would have noticed many deletions taking place as ComboFix was running and your desktop would be blank For users of Windows XP you may still have an Internet Explorer icon files and ComboFix for legitimate being problems resolution deleted and the Recycle Bin still present on your desktop but everything else would be gone To restore the folders and files that were deleted please download the following file and save it to your desktop http download bleepingcomputer com sUBs CFDQ-UsrPrf exeNow disable all anti-virus program as they may interfere with the restoration process Instructions on how to do this can be found here Then launch the CFDQ-UsrPrf exe program to start the restoration process When the program has finished your data will have been ComboFix problems and resolution for legitimate files being deleted restored Please note that if you had infections located in the ComboFix problems and resolution for legitimate files being deleted deleted folders these infections will now be restored as well Therefore please do not reboot ComboFix problems and resolution for legitimate files being deleted without first contacting the helper that was helping you previously as the infections could become active again

A:ComboFix problems and resolution for legitimate files being deleted

Thank you for the solution, but I had some issues with it. I got the ComboFix.exe onto my desktop, then dragged the Cfscript file into it and combofix started like you said it would. It prompted me to turn off Symantec, because it was on at the time, and I did. However, about an hour later Combofix said it was still scanning for infected files. I realized that symantec had come back on somehow, so I thought maybe that was interfering with Combofix. After shutting off autoprotect again, Combofix obviously wasn't going to close on its own, so I just closed it myself. It appeared that all my files and programs were back anyway. But now I couldn't get on the internet, either via Firefox or IE. So I attempted to do the SystemRestore step. The problem there was there was no restore point available, apart from the one created by this most recent running of ComboFix. So I went to that one, thinking I would just start from the beginning of this solution again and make sure symantec stayed off.

That's where I am now, post-restore point. But most of my programs appear to be gone again. Strangely, Word, PDF, and Text documents, as well as picture files, all appear on my desktop and in the 'My Documents' or 'My Pictures' folder as they should. Other programs don't, but I know they are working because I can go into 'My Computer', then 'Program Files' and excess everything I use to be able to. It's just that I can't see almost anything apart from what I mentioned on my desktop or by going to 'Start' and the 'Programs'. Did I do something wrong? Should I undo the restore point and try to regain the permissions another way? Oh, and I have the internet back now since I did the SystemRestore, obviously.

Edit: I ran the batch file too, but i'm not sure if it did anything. A black popup window appeared for a few seconds with some text in it, and then was gone before I could read it. Nothing else appeared to be happening, so I restarted the computer and everything appears as I just described.

Edit again: Ok, I know i'm probably going to drive yall, nuts, but just for the sake of being thorough, I should also note that one of things I once again can't see when I click 'Start' then 'Programs' is Accessories, so i'm not sure how to get into System Restore again if I need to.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/290138/combofix-problems-and-resolution-for-legitimate-files-being-deleted/
Relevancy 66.22%

OS Windows bit DRIVES C Drive Hitachi gb External Drive D Drive USB Seagate gb I never had this problem before been going strong for - years Just in the last week the power went out due to storms and my computer laptop had to resort to using the battery for an hour Now I restarted it a few times since then so any battery conversation settings should had switched over to plugged in mode ----- SCREENSHOTS What's located in quot Computer quot http in causing showing Recycle.bin HD issu Deleted files the (external not i imgur com gd Ww jpg C amp D Drive Recycle bin right click properties http i imgur com qa Xm jpg C amp D Drive properties in quot Device Manager quot http i imgur com uuT TKQ jpg ----- MY ISSUE Basically I Deleted files not showing in Recycle.bin (external HD causing the issu deleted a file the other day had a wtf moment and went into the recycle bin to get it but it wasn't there Ended up finding it in my external drives hidden recycle bin file Now I'm on a quest to understand why I can't see these deleted files After I unplug my external HD it shows all the deleted files from both drives in my recycle bin When I plug the external HD back in the problem reappears and I can no longer see deleted files in the recycle bin I turned off hidden files folder in the folders control panel settings so that isn't the issue I still have the problem ----- HOW MY EXTERNAL DRIVE IS SET UP My external HD using USB is set up to mirror new edited files every hour from specific areas on my main drive C For instance if I download and edit a file in my documents folder on my C drive it will copy that new downloaded file and the edited file to the external drive and delete the edited file and send it into it's own recycle bin on the external drive ----- This is driving me nuts and it seems I'm not smart enough to resolve it so hopefully some of you have some insight into what the issue might be ----- ETC ISSUE Also have an issue where a program I use textaloud doesn't appear in the bottom right notification taskbar after it's closed I have the program set up to stay in the notification taskbar after closed minimize on close It doesn't do that unless I have the external HD unplugged I unplugged it closed textaloud reopened textaloud minimized textaloud and it appeared in the notification taskbar

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/394850-deleted-files-not-showing-recycle-bin-external-hd-causing-issu.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello,

What (free) software can I use if I wanted to take a program that is already on my computer, put it on a blank CD as a setup file so someone can install it on there computer? If that's possible will all the files that is associated with that program be in the setup file?

A:Setup or installing files from existing directory or folder

Hi,

Generally speaking no, simply copying a folder for the program from Program Files, will not include all the files in setup...nor, the Registry entries in a form that can be merged into the Registry on the other end....and this will not work.

This is true for software that has an installer either licensed and pay-for, or simple freeware...

Even using backup software will not work to install from on another machine...
Goes without saying, if it is free, you would just have the other person go and download their own, give them a link to go to and perhaps instructions from the maker's site....

Goes without saying also, we do not help with breaking copyright protection, or illegally installing software...

If you have an older program that you had to buy and no longer use, you can perhaps sell the program along with any materials you got with the original purchase....you cannot make copies and do this, you have to include the original media. You can find used and brand new software, legally, on Ebay, but you have to watch out for the scams...as, some people are just out to make a buck!

The transfer of the license sometimes is not allowed- it pays to check with the maker's support area at the websites...usually there is a license agreement or EULA included that you agree to, also.

There are many usually small programs, that are stand alone and run as just an .exe file, but they usually do not have an installer. May or may not be freeware so again, you have to check things out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-or-installing-files-from-existing-directory-or-folder.688316/
Relevancy 65.79%

Last year folders folder locking for files to Offline just Un-linking or certain down or disabling one I upgraded my old Small business server to server standard Un-linking or disabling Offline files for certain folders or locking down to just one folder and shortly after had issues with some of the offline files Un-linking or disabling Offline files for certain folders or locking down to just one folder on the server we use almost all laptops here that users take home at night and we have folder redirection set up Un-linking or disabling Offline files for certain folders or locking down to just one folder through group policy for the my documents and pictures folders stored in server Network users and these folders sync locally However we also have network drives set up pointing to server Network and server network scans as drives N and S Files in these network drives somehow got set to be available offline and caused issues with versioning and nbsp people coming in and finding themselves in quot offline mode quot Thinking this to be user error I updated group policy to employ these policies Remove quot Make Available Offline quot command Enabled nbsp Remove quot Work offline quot command Enabled nbsp Today however I found that a laptop that had been deployed After all of this had been put in place was having the same problem with files on the N drive showing as trying to sync outside of the users folder Is there a way that I can lock this down to only sync the items in the user folder for documents and pictures Outside of that folder we have other company documents and databases that get problematic if they try to sync changes between users and it's causing a lot of issues ijerry

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5b5566d7-1d31-4783-86c9-33c7e99cabe9/unlinking-or-disabling-offline-files-for-certain-folders-or-locking-down-to-just-one-folder?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi nbsp We have few laptops windows pro for sales rep and Offline file enable to sync their documents which are on SBS server nbsp I don't know why it try to sync some other users My video My music etc files and error says quot access denied quot or ldquo The Process cannot access the file because it is being used by in with denied or access and to user sync sync failed try and already files use files Offline other folder file another process Offline file sync try to sync other user files and folder and failed with access denied or files already in use rdquo nbsp we have tried many times and confirm there's no one using those files but still same error nbsp I found this article on forumbut not sure how much this valid to SBS and if it's known issue why not there's fix patch yet from Microsoft On the server I had to ADD this reg entry and set it to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services MRXSmb Parameters OplocksDisabled REG DWORD or Default not disabled And then Changed this entry to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services LanmanServer Parameters EnableOplocks REG DWORD or Default enabled Regards ayaz

A:Offline file sync try to sync other user files and folder and failed with access denied or files already in use

Hi Scott
I found the problem and use following method to fix it
1) Check SBS group policy
2) Check permission on CSC folders (I delete all folder under this folder and check permission on this folder)
3) Reinitialize Cache database, there are different method but i use following
http://www.networknet.nl/apps/wp/archives/1093
And finally restart PC
Regards
 ayaz

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ab222cb3-4e4f-474b-b853-308a3e81112c/offline-file-sync-try-to-sync-other-user-files-and-folder-and-failed-with-access-denied-or-files?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I'm sitting with a big issue at a customer and ask for your help Environment - x Windows R file servers configured in offline before disabling Files: Check files? Offline users integrity CSC DFS - approx x Windows clients Laptops - x network shares Common Common and Homefolder nbsp - quot Offline Files quot and quot Folder Redirection quot enabled for entire user profile - Everything is controlled by GPOs and there are no login scripts Symptom Due to some faulty settings in Offline Files: Check users CSC integrity before disabling offline files? the client GPO and the fact that the quot Common quot shares was set to allow Offline Caching of files and folders the majority of clients now suffer from sync issues and conflicts Most of the conflicted files are located in the users home folder but some users are also seeing the same issues with files located on the quot Common quot shares The users themselfes are not allowed to enable Offline Files as this is disabled by GPOs The only folders that should be treated as Offline Files are the ones in the users home folder Solution A new set of GPOs have been created that correctly set up quot Offline Files quot and quot Folder Redirection quot These are linked to a test-OU and the computers and users applied to that OU are not suffering from the problems above Question When we move a client the cache will be deleted and all non-sync'd work will be lost Today we manually look at every users sync center and try to resolve the conflicts before we move them to the new OU This is extremely time consuming when we are looking at potentially affected clients Is there any way one could check the integrity of the clients CSC Offline Cache before they get moved to the new OU We have SCCM R for inventory but I cant find any good report there Maybe scripting with PowerShell or VB All advices are welcome Best regards Jimmy

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5789b8e2-2994-437e-8146-14bcc78a5487/offline-files-check-users-csc-integrity-before-disabling-offline-files?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 63.21%

So I installed Windows RC from a dvd with Vista present choosing what I assumed was the clean install option The installation rounded up the old windows and put it in a folder called windows old I got what I needed out of there and deleted the windows old folder and stuff got deleted except the windows old folder and some remaining sub-folders There are two files way down in the last folder that won't be deleted Windows claims they are not there so they cannot be renamed and cannot be compressed Plus they have bytes These files are labeled in what looks like real Coptic script These Folder files deleted. can't its and be files can be moved and the folders Folder and its files can't be deleted. that Folder and its files can't be deleted. contain them too Windows will not delete them saying that they are not where they are anymore I figure that when I deleted the windows old folder something went wrong and now Windows shows them to be there but also thinks they are not there - weird that it has enough to think they are there but not enough to think it can delete them Anyway how can I get rid of whatever is there

A:Folder and its files can't be deleted.

I don't think there is anything you can do to get rid of them besides a format. I've had something like that for over a year on one of my disks that is 400 GB full and I have no place to move the stuff temp away to fix it. I tried a little looking for ways, like software or commands, but nothing deleted the files.

Here's mine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/14657-folder-its-files-cant-deleted.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello I'm not anything near a computer expert so sorry for the non-technical explanation I & files desktop Deleted folder was having some problems with my desktop -- multiple duplicate folders were somehow created green folders and yellow folders and for example if I'd click to download a file to the desktop it would not end up on the desktop itself but in one of these other folders Anyhow I Deleted desktop folder & files deleted one of the green duplicate folders but that ended up deleting everything -all the files on the desktop and in the desktop folders So I clicked quot Undo Delete quot but the files did not reappear I also checked the recycle bin but the Desktop folder and files therein that I had deleted were not there I tried typing in quot shell desktop quot and restarting but that didn't help However if I click quot Search quot the files that were lost show up But if I click on a file to open it it will not open So for example if I click on an MSWord file I get the message The document or path name is not valid Try one or more of the following Check the path to make sure it was correctly typed On the File menu click Open Search for the file using this dialog box The files say they are located in the folder Desktop C Users Amy Desktop Desktop or some other name of a folder I had on the desktop However if I plug this path C Users Amy Desktop Desktop into the little box at the bottom of the Start Menu what comes up is my current desktop not the desktop files I'd lost I hope this makes some sense Any help explained in terms for a noob in reclaiming the files would be great This is why I am an English major

A:Deleted desktop folder & files

Welcome
Lets try a system restore to start. Pick a date before you started having problems.
System Restore - How to

If restore does not help, try the suggestions in this fine tutorial
Personal User Folder - Restore Missing Folder

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/292163-deleted-desktop-folder-files.html
Relevancy 62.35%

hi,

My google chrome was hanging.So googled around and when i wanted to deleted the temp folder contents i deleted the contents of the local folder.It deleted some 1.3 gb of data.Is it a must to always to delete the contents of this folder or is it okay if i leave it alone.Because there was some contents of 1.3 gb of data.will it affect the way windows operates?

Also please tell me how to keep the system running properly and also to remove the junk from my system
which tools to use and which folders should i look into make my system running faster.
help would be appreciated.

A:deleted the files in %appdata% folder!

Use ccleaner from Piriform to deal with junk files.

You deleted the contents of your C:\Users\Your User\AppData\Local folder? You might have to reinstall some programs if things start to go wrong.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/196280-deleted-files-appdata-folder.html
Relevancy 62.35%

So apparently I bungled. Upon receiving my new computer, I noticed that there were 2 program files folders. After installing a few programs, I noticed they were all going to X86 folder, so I thought this was an install error on the shipping companies part, and deleted the unnumbered program files folder. Is there a way to fix my messup... will it affect performance, and anything else anyone could inform me that I Fubar'ed up?

A:Deleted 64 bit program files folder

Welcome
Your problem can probably be corrected with a simple system restore.
System Restore
Go back a few days before the problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/170139-deleted-64-bit-program-files-folder.html
Relevancy 61.92%

somebody pls help me
i got hit by some virus(trojan i think ) and try to run norton but notron cannot clean some suspect file. it show
- error opening (Access denied)[4] or
- error opening (folder locked)[4]
after running norton i found that 'folder options' from Tools command is diappear
i download and repaire registary as kiwiguy suggest

kiwiguy said:

Go here:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Read the heading as to how to apply these Registry "fixes", and then scroll down to number 129 and click on it to download the registry script to correct this problem.Click to expand...

now i can see 'folder options' but cannot find 'show hidden file and folder' checkbox
pls help me, thank in advance!!!!

A:checkbox for "show hidden files and folders" disappear from folder option

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/checkbox-for-show-hidden-files-and-folders-disappear-from-folder-option.607704/
Relevancy 61.92%

I understand that all files in a temporary folder with extension .tmp can be safely deleted (the system will recreate them if necessary)

But about files in a temporary folder with other extensions like .exe, ini, inf etc?

thanks

A:Which files in a temporary folder cannot be safely deleted?

Yes, you can delete all temp files.  Try Temp File Cleaner, you'll like it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512096/which-files-in-a-temporary-folder-cannot-be-safely-deleted/
Relevancy 61.92%

I accidently drag a folder form my D drive, picture folder to the desktop. However, this folder that was created on the desktop appear to be empty.
I have try deleting it from the desktop but the folder happen to reappear everytime after the computer is put to sleep/ re-on the next time.

I have tried using commard prompt but it didn't work out.

But my programs are working fine

yvette

A:deleted files/ folder reappearing on desktop

Hello quekwei and welcome to the forums

Download and install Unlocker:

Download Unlocker 1.9.1 - FileHippo.com

The try and delete the file with this. Let us know how this goes!

Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/289290-deleted-files-folder-reappearing-desktop.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello All,
I've never seen this happen before.
I have a main directory with 80 files in it. I created 8 sub-directories under the main directory and put 10 files in each one. I then went back to the main directory and deleted the 80 files that are there. The files I deleted from the main directory were also deleted from the sub-directories! I had to restore everything from the recycle bin! Why did this happen?
Thanks,
Carthusian

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385051-when-file-deleted-main-directory-also-deleted-sub.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi this is my first post here and I hope you guys can help me figure out what virus malware I have and how to get rid of it Yesterday I wanted to download a keygen for a friend and I think that was most pop-ups + audio and causing Internet + tmp Temp dat ads & exe files redirects, Virus folder in likely the source of this problem - quot Microsoft Office Keygen ed quot After downloading the Virus causing redirects, pop-ups and audio ads & tmp + dat + exe files in Temp Internet folder file and starting it I m consistantly getting redirected to advertisment pages popups show up on every website pc gets very slow as most of the performance is used for Virus causing redirects, pop-ups and audio ads & tmp + dat + exe files in Temp Internet folder the malware processes and sometimes I even get audio ads out of nowhere The task manager shows a tmp Virus causing redirects, pop-ups and audio ads & tmp + dat + exe files in Temp Internet folder process the last was called D tmp but whenever I restart the pc it s another name It is possible to end the process and when you go to show the location of the process it s shown to be in the Temporary internet files folder - once the process ist stopped I can delete the files tmp amp dat amp exe files in a folder named quot low quot The redirects and popups still continue even after deleting the files After restarting the system and internet explorer the files in the Temp folder are created again and the Process exists again just with another name I took a look at the startup menu in msconfig and found a process called quot monopod quot from an unknown manufacturer and located in the same folder - User AppData Local Temp Low b exe I disabled it deleted the folder amp files restarted and the files were again created the monopod process was still disabled The notebook runs on Windows Vista has AVG Free Antivirus installed and updated scans don t find anything and Internet Explorer is used to go online I don t really know what virus this could be where to find it and how to get rid of it - I would be very thankful for your advice Thx in advance Martin

A:Virus causing redirects, pop-ups and audio ads & tmp + dat + exe files in Temp Internet folder

Run a scan with AVG in safe mode and let us know what it finds.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/244470/virus-causing-redirects-pop-ups-and-audio-ads-tmp-dat-exe-files-in-temp-internet-folder/
Relevancy 61.06%

Ok so i'm an idiot. I was trying to get rid of the Iexplore virus and i misread some instructions. Can anyone help? It's actually my fault as i misread what the instructions were saying.. below is the final step i was suppose to perform

The hosts file is stored under the Windows folder. It Windows XP it's in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc, in Windows 2000 it is C:\Winnt\System32\Drivers\Etc, and in Windows 9x/Me it's in C:\Windows.

Select everything. Delete all.
Now just enter this one line
"127.0.0.1 localhost" without the quotes.

I accidentally deleted everything in the C:\Winnt\System32\Drivers\Etc except the host file.

Now my computer runs in a loop when i boot up. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Guru

A:HELP!!! Deleted Win32 files found in host folder

From your post I think the part about all of the OS's are just part of instruyctions on this but to be safe I woulds like some system specs

n order to better respond to your question or problem

We require more detailed and specific information
And Please fill in the questionnaire or Fill in the
Computer Specifications in your TSG profile

Please repost your request with:

Computer: Brand Name
Computer: Model Number

Age of system:

CPU: Brand, speed

Ram: Type, amount, speed

Peripheral devices

Operating system: Windows 98, 98SE, ME, XP Home, XP Pro, Other, and Service Pack Installed.
Are you dual booting on this computer?
If so what operating system is the other boot?
Name, version #, date of most recent AV signature file

Vdeo Card: Brand Name, type, speed, Chipset, driver version and date

Video settings: resolution, advanced settings

Please state your specific problem and when it started

Did you change anything, install anything before the problem started?

List any recently installed software

List software running in background ie: anti-virus program, mail programs, backup software.

Any power disruption or incomplete shutdowns

Failed Scandisk/chkdsk or defrag attempts

Use of any &#8220;tune-up&#8221; utilities, registry utilities, system diagnostics, other third party utility software

Recent downloaded software

Any new programs or files that have recently appeared in your STARTUP menu or msconfig STARTUP listing
This information may be of critical importance in locating and correcting the source of your problem. Please note any additional information or detail about the problem that may be of value in our assessment of the problem.

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-deleted-win32-files-found-in-host-folder.500437/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all I have a bit of an unusual issue I am trying to prevent Win from deleting files from the temp folder C Users lt NAME gt AppData Local Temp when I close a program in my case Firefox I believe it is the OS and not the program or my AV which is deleting the files though files exit when deleted program folder: temp do not if folks think otherwise please let me know temp folder: do not files deleted when exit program Does anyone have suggestions on options to change to prevent files from being expunged from my temp directory Here are the specifics I am trying to prevent Firefox from deleting files which I download using the Download Manager using the quot open with quot rather than quot save as quot option These files remain in my folder C Users temp folder: do not files deleted when exit program lt NAME gt AppData Local Temp until after I close Firefox at which point they are deleted Note I am sure it is Windows which is deleting the files since I have disabled my antivirus and related programs Malwarebytes real time protection I can see the file disappear from the Temp folder a few seconds after Firefox is closed down when I terminate the Firefox process via the task manager the file deletion does not occur Some other comments I do not believe this is influenced by the Tools gt Options gt Privacy settings in Firefox but I have set it to quot Use Custom Settings for History quot and unchecked quot Clear History when Firefox Closes quot I have experimented with various settings in Firefox's about config privacy clearOnShutdown options are all set to false files downloaded during previous sessions are not removed from Temp when the browser is closed so if I terminate Firefox via task manager it will not be removed when I exit again later My set-up OS Win Enterprise x Browser Firefox AV Sophos

A:temp folder: do not files deleted when exit program

Actually, I think everything points toward Firefox deleting the temp files, not Windows. In any case this behavior is by design, since Firefox downloads your files in order to open them with something and you're not just saving them.
So my question is...why don't you just save the files instead of using "open with"? If for some reason you can't or don't want to, you could simply move the desired files out of your temp folder before closing Firefox...

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/189826-temp-folder-do-not-files-deleted-when-exit-program.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi All ive spend a LONG time seaching the net trying folder to My it recover files Documents in error the Deleted & or need to find Deleted My Documents folder in error & need to recover it or the files a solution to this odd problem which im surprised can and did actually happen Basically i had the My Documents folder as a sharing file on my old network After joining a new network when i moved i tried to remove the folder from My Sharing folder but seem to have deleted the actual My Documents folder and all the files contained within it As such all my photos and files are Deleted My Documents folder in error & need to recover it or the files now removed deleted or misplaced the within windows XP My hard drive is still showing as having the same amount of free space as it did prior to me deleting my documents so im thinking that perhaps the files that were previously within my documents folder have been lost or moved somewhere ive checked obvious places like Recycle Bin but cant locate them anywhere even via the Search function for all files FYI There is one account on the laptop which is password protected that i use to log in its an admin account so should have full access to everything When i go in trying to locate the folder from My computer as per the below this is the message i get Its the same from every shortcut to My Documents too C Documents and Settings All Users Documents is not accessible Access Denied ive run Chkdsk and tried a number of other things but would really appreciate any suggestions as im now on the verge of accepting that ive lost all my photos most recent sets werent backed up - im stupid i know and need to do a fresh install ive found various similar things online but mainly they deal with having deleted short cuts or are to do wth my sharing folder specifically rather than the deletion of the actual my documents folder when the hard drive is still showing the same amount of space Pls help and if i can give any more information or details please let me know as im desperate to rescue the photos thanks in advance Adam nbsp

A:Deleted My Documents folder in error & need to recover it or the files

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/deleted-my-documents-folder-in-error-need-to-recover-it-or-the-files.829122/
Relevancy 60.63%

som files from my temp folder hav been deleted, is there any way i can fix this problem? if yes plllzzz help....

Relevancy 60.63%

I "support" a user who receives a dozen or so occurrences of a deleted meeting request in his 'deleted items' folder. No matter what I do to this meeting request it will continue to pop up many times every day in deleted items. Browsing the internet has come up with little help on the issue. Anyone seen this before and/or have any suggestions? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Relevancy 60.63%

All the old files I used on the old sign in name were moved to the documents and settings folder under the C:/ drive.

But now that the computer automatically created a new ID for me is there anyway that i can go back to using the old one that was deleted and take sole possesion of that?

Because now all of my apps are dead, I have to enter in new serial codes for some applications, I get this application is now longer installed on your computer please reinstall it again.

Is it impossible to do?

It's not that big of a deal, but if there is a way I would like to try and attempt it.

It will save me the hassle of going back and redownloading every app. that I had installed.

A:User ID accidently deleted and files placed into Document and Settings folder

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-id-accidently-deleted-and-files-placed-into-document-and-settings-folder.580778/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello

I recently sent my laptop to HP for a fan repair and before I sent it off I accidentally deleted my Downloads folder and then cleared out my recycling bin. Well, I got my laptop back today and went to download a few files. After doing so, I realized that I can't find those downloaded files.

I have no idea where those files went. They were .rar and ZIP files and I can't seem to locate them. Does anybody know how I can find those downloaded files (where they might have ended up with the Downloads folder gone) and how I can restore my Downloads folder?

Thanks

A:Accidentally deleted Downloads Folder, can't find new downloaded files

Have you looked in C:\Downloads ?

Also, look here User Folders - Restore Default Location

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/191009-accidentally-deleted-downloads-folder-cant-find-new-downloaded-files.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello dears, my pc 'win 8.1 n x64' seems has been access & controlled remotely or i don't know if it's a virus.

I 've found the folder C:\Users\....\Downloads\Video was deleted w/ all of its content and also all the files in the folder C:\Users\....\Downloads\Music were deleted

since I installed windows "fresh install on a formatted disk" i had never changed the Advanced Security Settings of any folder but now i find the Share tab exists besides the Permissions tab and ther's Full Controll access to the users Administrators & Everyone and the type is Allow :(

I want to know why this happened .. is it from itunes or some other program or a virus or there's somebody accessing my comp. remotely

anyways i'll format but how to prevent this from happening again

the comp. is connected to the internet over wifi

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/need-help-files-and-folder-deleted-access-granted-to-everyony-user-814498.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi My causing disappear Malwarebytes Something to name is Rick My Windows Home PC got infected with something that has disabled Malwarebytes along with blocking any attempt to visit the Malwarebytes website and certain other help websites as Something causing Malwarebytes to disappear well Before I begin detailing my issue I have the executable file that messed everything up It's a MB file called pmdg ng-griso exe and I would like to know if there is a way I could safely Something causing Malwarebytes to disappear upload it to you guys for analysis Or if not here at bleepingcomputer com then somewhere else maybe that you could suggest just thought it might help you to understand the thing Anyway here's what happened I was cleaning out old files on my Windows Home PC and clicked on a file named pmdg ng-griso exe The file didn't actually open a program i e nothing appeared to happen after my having double clicked it That Something causing Malwarebytes to disappear was unusual and it concerned me so I ran Avast on it and it said it was clean I then tried running Malwarebytes on it and that's when I knew it was an infected file Malwarebytes opened and then closed without scanning it just closed it's window I then noticed that Malwarebytes had also disappeared from the right click drop down menu where I usually access it The Malwarebytes program was still installed in Program Files x but was disabled I was even booted out of the Malwarebytes website in both IE Explorer and Chrome web browsers Not only that but in addition I was not allowed to open certain help websites where I'd used the keyword Malwarebytes Things I have done in a failed attempt to resolve the issue and in this order Tried deleting Malwarebytes thinking maybe a re-install might work however the uninstall executable would not open i e same behavior as trying to run Malwarebytes executable nothing happened Booted computer into Safe Mode with networking whereupon I uninstalled Malwarebytes through its uninstall program Booted back into normal mode where a few little things had changed like the Windows splash screen showed the word Welcome where it hadn't before and the border on the taskbar and open windows borders had all changed colors from what they were supposed to be Tried going to Malwarebytes website to download latest version but still blocked I think IE Explorer said something either attempted to or actually did change my homepage or something to that effect I don't remember exactly what it read but actually my homepage Google had not changed Downloaded Malwarebytes onto a thumb drive using different computer I think I then installed it onto infected computer while in Safe Mode however I'm not sure if I was Safe Mode or not At any rate Malwarebytes is now re-installed but still won't work and computer is still blocked from opening certain help websites Researched what to do and ran Malwarebytes Chameleon On the very first option it ran it's DOS thing then it actually ran the Malwarebytes scan where it found stuff and I think quarantined them but still I could not run Malwarebytes in normal mode The last thing I did before giving up and coming here to bleepingcomputer com was to download install then partially run HitmanPro It found a bunch of stuff and then I think it started uploading a log file for analysis or something I stopped it mid-stream because the progress bar that was uploading the file was going really slow and there appeared to be a few of them waiting in the queue That is the best of my recollection as to what I did to resolve the issue to no avail Any help would be very much appreciated EDIT I posted the above using my infected computer It uploaded my post and I'm able to open the bleepingcomputer com website but then when I try opening my post this one it immediately boots me out of the website and back to my desktop Hence I am typing this edit using a different computer Thanks -Rick

A:Something causing Malwarebytes to disappear

Welcome to BC !

I think it best, based on what you report, to start a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum.

Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.
If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running FRST which will create two logs.
When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs...start the new topic anyway. Explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.
After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.

DO NOT bump your new topic. Wait for a response from one of the Team Members.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593731/something-causing-malwarebytes-to-disappear/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi there Usually any computer problems I can fix myself but this one has me stumped The virus scanner I am using is Avast and the one in only on virus external files myfile.exe folder hard drive? deleted firewall I'm using is Windows Firewall My operating system is XP Service Pack Yesterday with breakfast I clicked into my Downloaded folder on my external hard drive to find the folder was empty except for a file called myfile exe Where this has come from and how it was not picked up or recognised as a virus is unknown I used these forums to try and solve the problem trying everything from unhide exe to the recommended malware programs and followed pretty much every procedure but to no avail The space from the files has still be taken up on the harddrive and show hidden files is checked etc It only seems to be that folder that has been effected The contents of the folder itself are all video files tv shows and movies If anyone can help it will be much appreciated RegardsEdit Moved topic from Windows XP to the more appropriate forum Animal

A:myfile.exe virus deleted files in only one folder on external hard drive?

I seem to have found the files, they were moved from the original folder into a neibouring folder. It still doesn't explain the myfile.exe however. *edit* I have however also noticed that the computer is taking longer on start up along with the general speed of the computer and firefox is hanging regularly.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502767/myfileexe-virus-deleted-files-in-only-one-folder-on-external-hard-drive/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi there : )

My mom wanted to remove windows live messenger but she couldnt see it on her add/remove list, so she went and deleted the entire windows live folder from the Program Files (x86) I am trying to reinstall windows live essentials with no luck. The first time i tryed it said it was already installed but didnt show up on the add and remove list.

I used Ccleaner and then tryed again this time i revieved an error: 8007007e. We tried system restore to earliest date available but it is still the same

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated ty : )

A:Win7-deleted Windows Live folder from Program Files(x86) How 2 Replace

Go into Control Panel>Programs>Uninstall a Program and highlight Windows Live Essentials then choose Repair All Windows Live Programs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/211746-win7-deleted-windows-live-folder-program-files-x86-how-2-replace.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,
I purchased dell inspiron 1525 laptop with windows vista Home Premium.
I have deleted all the files in the recently changed folder in searches and deleted it from recycle bin also.
after that i have deleted Everwhere folder in search.
i have deleted all the files in Everywhere but at that time i have noticed the entire items are deleted.so again i restored them to my system.
Then i noticed some newly created,updated files content has been deleted.
the folders with recent pics are existing.but the pics in that folder has been deleted.I need them as they are very important.
Even the favourite links in the drives are deleted.how to again restore them.the links folder is visible.but the folder is empty.my dell support tools are also not visible.it is throwing error.
Is there any possibilty to get them again.
Please help me.

Thanks,
Neelima.

A:To restore all the files and folders deleted from recently changed folder in searches

Tutorial: Recover lost files with Shadow Explorer ? How-To Geek Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/234864-restore-all-files-folders-deleted-recently-changed-folder-searches.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Through IE Properties, the "Temporary Internet Files" folder cannot be emptied, neither by going directly to the folder.
It says "No Objects" although the properties from the folder show 10.000 objects and 600 MB size!!!

What could be the reason?

A:Files of "Temporary Internet Files" folder cannot be deleted

hi

try to right click on it and press cut the delete

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/files-of-temporary-internet-files-folder-cannot-be-deleted.29935/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi each of our laptop users use a MB of our DFSr for redirected folders Document Desktop amp Favorites This was working fine until we discovered their Offline Files cache was not restricted to MB so many are now over the MB limit for Offline Files and this is causing various issues e g deleted files are reappearing So we need to set both group policy settings quot Size of auto-cached files quot and quot Total size of offline files quot in quot Computer Configuration Administrative Templates Network Offline Files quot to MB and then reduce each user's Offline Files to under MB The latter is the tricky bit We could deploy an SCCM package to re-initialize the offline files cache and database Offline-Folders using quot REG ADD quot HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion NetCache quot v FormatDatabase t REG DWORD d f quot but any files in a user's Offline Files that hasn't Folder Windows (C:\Windows\CSC) Backup Offline 7? in Files yet been synch'd will be lost and this approach will be unacceptable to the business nbsp How can we overcome this Could we somehow backup the Backup Offline Files Folder (C:\Windows\CSC) in Windows 7? Offline Files folder C Windows CSC using a script USMT without requiring user intervention before deploying Backup Offline Files Folder (C:\Windows\CSC) in Windows 7? the FormatDatabase reg key update If so how nbsp please Thanks Scott

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ff99e89e-8c39-475e-8c19-b32874c80723/backup-offline-files-folder-cwindowscsc-in-windows-7?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.91%

For the past couple of weeks I've had a user come up with a strange error We have Exchange and she is using outlook on windows bit Some emails are not reaching disappear emails causing Outlook to 2010 her inbox but there seems to be no reason as to what emails or some will come in one day but not the next According to the exchange server the emails are getting coming in like usual but they are not appearing on her machine If I open her webmail after she should have received these emails and outlook Outlook 2010 causing emails to disappear was open at the time they are missing from webmail as well If I have outlook closed but have webmail open the message is received and opening outlook after that sends the message to outlook as well Also I can setup her account on other machines and it works there so it is something specific to that machine So far I have tried creating a new profile and removing her old one reinstalling Microsoft office then completely removing Microsoft office and scrubbing her profile from the registry before reinstalling Thus far nothing has worked I'm up to the point of completely reinstalling the machine but do to the highly personalized programs on the computer I am hesitant to do that unless completely necessary If anyone has any ideas even what the problem actually is I would appreciate it

A:Outlook 2010 causing emails to disappear

Are there any error messages in the message tracking logs on the server for that user? Are there any error messages in Event Viewer on the user's computer that might provide some clues? Do the senders get an NDR when they try to email this user? Is the user able to send mail using Outlook, or does that get stuck as well?

At first blush, it sounds like there's a problem with the services the Outlook client uses to contact the server and download email. Try running the connectivity analyzer tool on that particular machine: http://technet.microsoft.com/library/feba32b0-b7eb-4b1b-ba3d-99e20ba82a8c

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538737/outlook-2010-causing-emails-to-disappear/
Relevancy 58.48%

I need some help in figuring out how to copy a whole bunch of files from a directory tree to a single directory. I looked at all the xcopy switches, but none of them look like they will do what I want it to do. If I use the /S switch, it will keep the directory structure. Any ideas?

A:Help with copying files from a directory tree to a single directory

Do you have XP up & started? Why not just go into explorer, highlight all you need (CTRL + A to highlight everything), copy & paste?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-with-copying-files-from-a-directory-tree-to-a-single-directory-72325.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a 10 files that have all been categorised into about 40 folders. These files have been damaged.
I have a backup of all these files, but they are not categorised and sit in a single directory.

Does anyone know of an easy technique to batch replace the damaged files with the originals?

Cannot find any apps to do such a task.

A:Replace files in multiple directory, from a single directory

Easy one:

Built in command part of Windows. Open an elevated Command Prompt and type:

Code:
replace /?
Here is how:

Folder with Backup files:

C:\Data\Backups

Folders with corrupt files:

E:\Finance\Statements\2001
E:\Finance\Statements\2002
E:\Finance\Statements\2003
E:\Finance\Statements\2004
E:\Finance\Statements\2005
E:\Finance\Statements\2006
E:\Finance\Statements\2007

Code:
Replace c:\data\backup\*.* e:\finance\statements /s

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/137637-replace-files-multiple-directory-single-directory.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I installed ComboFix to try and figure out why SVCHOST was calling to llnw.net during bootup. I never discovered why but it seems others have this problem. I switched off BITS as I update XP manually.

After installing ComboFix and allowing it to install the XP SP2 Windows Recovery Console I have noticed some issues

1. MSCONFIG has disappeared and cannot be accessed

2. Process Explorer is no longer the default for Task Manager

3. Firefox has to ask if it could be my default browser (it never had to before because it has always been so)

Windows Recovery Console did not work when selected at boot up and gave an error. I have now uninstalled as it could be a security risk.

Anyone know about these issues? What would be the best way to restore the system?

Thanks

A:MSCONFIG & Process Explorer Disappear after ComboFix

Also I discovered that my hosts file, which had been large, was no longer there.

This either happened when using ComboFix or not long before

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266885/msconfig-process-explorer-disappear-after-combofix/
Relevancy 58.05%

It all started with a GB file I attempted to move this file on to my TB external HDD when windows told me the file was to large I searched on google and learned about FAT and NTFS I wanted to format my HDD to NTFS without losing any of my GB of data so I found a guide Convert FAT or FAT conversion external HDD disappear. NTFS causing to FAT32 to Volume to NTFS Everything FAT32 to NTFS conversion causing external HDD to disappear. went off without a hitch and I later went to bed When I awoke today I found my hard drive has pulled a Houdini It will not show up in my computer however it does show that i have a device plugged in at the bottom of the screen I have tried giving the HDD a system letter through the control panel but all i see is this My drive is considered drives or something to that effect I don't know if it is always like that or not All i know is i cannot give it a system letter or access the files on it in any way Any ideas

A:FAT32 to NTFS conversion causing external HDD to disappear.

Hello dsmith, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please go ahead and post a screenshot showing the full layout of your Disk Management with the external drive connected to see if it may help show what the issue is.

Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

If you have not already, try connecting the drive to a different USB connector to see if there may be an issue with the one you did use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/316619-fat32-ntfs-conversion-causing-external-hdd-disappear.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I deleted some files off my desktop. The data was deleted, but the icons are still there. They now contain "0 bytes". I've tried deleting them, and I get an error message saying that the file cannot be found. I've tried refreshing my desktop. I've tried restarting. I've tried deleting in safe mode. I can't rename them, and I can't move them, because they "can't be found."

A:Desktop Icons Deleted, But Won't Disappear

You could try CCleaner. It has settings for removing dead start menu and desktop shortcuts. It's a freebie and very good to have anyway.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/270076-desktop-icons-deleted-but-wont-disappear.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I am using MS Outlook 2002 and no matter what I delete - email, contacts, to do tasks, they all just disappear and seem to by-pass the deleted Folder!
I have checked all the Option settings but can not find anything that causes this happen?

Relevancy 57.62%

If I connect my laptop's hdd to my main computer and run combofix on it, will it clean both of the drive? ThanksEDIT: Moved to appropriate forum ~~ boopme

A:Using combofix offline?

As a general policy, Bleeping Computer does not offer advice on how to run ComboFix unless we asked someone to run it or if there is a problem with the computer caused by running the tool. We recommend that people should not be using ComboFix without being advised to do so by a trained expert (see here) who is assisting them deal with a malware problem. When issues arise due to complex malware infections, problems running ComboFix (i.e. stalling, hanging, crashing) or with other security tools causing conflicts, experts are usually aware of them and can advise what should or should not be done while providing individual assistance. When false detections are identified, experts have access to the developer and can report them so he can investigate, confirm and make corrections. Those attempting to use ComboFix on their own do not have such information and are at risk when running the tool in an unsupervised environment.Also be aware that using ComboFix is only one part of the disinfection process. Preliminary scans from other tools like DDS, OTL, RSIT and GMER should be used first because they provide comprehensive logs with specific details about files, folders and registry keys which may have been modified by malware infection. Analysis of those logs allows planning a strategy for effective disinfection and a determination if using ComboFix is necessary.While our policy is not to offer advice on running ComboFix unless we asked someone to run it, we are willing to assist with resolving problems caused after using it and we are certainly willing to help with malware disinfection. If that assistance requires running ComboFix, you will be advised what to do in order to get the tool to run properly or investigate any error messages.If you need individual assistance with a malware infection, please follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide For Requesting Help starting at Step 6.If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running DDS which will create two logs. (Note: Windows 8.1 Users will not be able run DDS and create a log)When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team Experts.After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can closed this one.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542514/using-combofix-offline/
Relevancy 57.62%

I recently contracted a virus from a patch that I downloaded that was supposed to bring an old windows game up to windows xp When I patched my game and ran it it worked just fine Then I got a series of error messages that I can't remember what they said and my desktop started flickering in and out until finally the whole thing disappeared and I was left with just my background Everytime I restart my computer I see my desktop for a bit but it starts flickering again until it is gone I can open the task manager and it looks like it keeps shutting down my explorer If I hit it fast enough I can access internet explorer so I am able to use the internet and whatever programs I can download off the internet Here is my highjack this fileLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Of Virus Is Disappear Tool Some Causing Kind My To Bars Desktop And A Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL A Virus Of Some Kind Is Causing My Desktop And Tool Bars To Disappear Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL A Virus Of Some Kind Is Causing My Desktop And Tool Bars To Disappear MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC Program Files HiJackThis exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel usR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www express uncc edu cp home loginfR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel usO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - A D A - A - AE - -FBEC ECCC - C WINDOWS system awvtr dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLLO - BHO no name - E -FC - -B C - E BC C - C WINDOWS system tuvtsqo dllO - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exeO - HKLM Run MSKDetectorExe C Program Files McAfee SpamKiller MSKDetct exe uninstallO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeO - HKLM Run hcsystray C Program Files Kuma Games hcsystray hc tray exeO - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run NvMediaCente... Read more

A:A Virus Of Some Kind Is Causing My Desktop And Tool Bars To Disappear

Hello Harvest,

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums.

Since it has been a few days, please post a new HijackThis log.

Thank you for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/135893/a-virus-of-some-kind-is-causing-my-desktop-and-tool-bars-to-disappear/
Relevancy 57.19%

I recently migrated to Windows Live IMAP with Deleted Live - emails disappear Windows Hostgator webmail Two bugs persist When I delete emails in WL they disappear When I delete them through webmail OTOH they properly go to the server Trash folder and that properly synchs with WL Trash I've seen many threads with this issue but most folks seem to fix the issue by clicking quot Show All Messages quot under View Filter Messages Windows Live - Deleted emails disappear This didn't do it for me Incidentally I've checked the Trash Deleted Items folders in Storage folders Windows Live - Deleted emails disappear and the deleted emails aren't there I can't find them via a search of all mail either When I send something in WL the sent item gets Windows Live - Deleted emails disappear stored in a Sent folder in the Storage Folders When I send through webmail and then synch with WL the sent item shows up in the proper IMAP Sent folder under my main inbox which is how I want it Not sure where to start with this one I suspect one or both might have to do with improper labeling and or organizing of folders this migration comes after a nasty Outlook crash and then an attempt to try Thunderbird so there's been a lot of messing around with the server folders Thanks in advance

A:Windows Live - Deleted emails disappear

When you use their webmail service they are assuming you want to use their server folders since they are unaware you sometimes use WLM. When you use WLM it similarly assumes you want to use WLM folders (in your PC's WLM Program). WLM allows you to view the IMAP folders on the webmail service. It doesn't actually "sync". In WLM "sync" (in reference to mail, not contacts or calendar) means "send and receive". For IMAP accounts a copy of sent mail is only kept in the Storage Folder group, while received mail remains on their server until you "delete" and "purge" it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/138427-windows-live-deleted-emails-disappear.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have recently installed Office on my new Win PC I installed the Office Home Bus suite and then copied my outlook pst from my old Win XP system Office to this Win system All my old email seems to be OK Now here s a couple of problems I have Office Deleted disappear in message 2010 seen In my mail items view in Outlook I now see root folders is named quot Personal Folders quot - the one in my copied outlook pst which contains all of my email etc from Win XP Outlook Deleted message disappear in Office 2010 The other is named the same as my full email address - call it lt email gt New email messages that I receive are put into the lt email gt Inbox Deleted message disappear in Office 2010 not the Personal Folders inbox When I deleted received messages in Outlook they used to be moved to my Deleted Items folder in Personal Folders - now they seem to disappear altogether There Deleted message disappear in Office 2010 is no Deleted Items folder under the lt email gt root folder Is there a setting I need to adjust so that they will be put into a Deleted Items folder I would prefer to look in my Personal Folders Inbox for all of my messages - inbox sent etc Are there setting that would direct all of my email and deleted items to my Personal Folders Thanks for any help you can give PCBuilder nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/deleted-message-disappear-in-office-2010.1027048/
Relevancy 57.19%

So i have 3 files i cannot delete after uninstalling a game. I also cannot rename the folder they are in without windows explorer not responding and i have to restart explorer.

I did take ownership method but that froze up to. I went into safe mode, and tried it that way - also didn't delete, it equally froze up.

I have attached an image of the delete attempt - it just gets stuck like that.

I'm out of options - please advise on what i should do ?

A:Files won't delete in directory - can't rename the directory either

What is drive F? Is it a flash drive?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/372294-files-wont-delete-directory-cant-rename-directory-either.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Windows explorer continues to display folders that have been deleted. Cannot rename , move or do anything with them because explorer says they are no longer there. System is a HP Pavilion dv7 running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit, dual core i7 cpu and 6GB RAM and dual 500GB hard drives. ATI Mobility Radeon HD5650 video card.

A:Deleted Folders fail to disappear from windows explorer

Hello Bigbird, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if using the free program Unlocker may be able to help allow it to be deleted.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/147354-deleted-folders-fail-disappear-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have Windows 7 Home Premium as my OS. I have Windows Office 2003.
I have somehow created a template in error (I don't use templates or know what they are) that when I start Windows Office 2003 I get an error message about incompatible template and then a message about a file in AppData that I cannot find. Whatever this is it is causing my printer (Canon Pixma MX-410) to go offline. Any help appreciated.

A:Solved: I need help with a template that is causing my printer to go offline

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-need-help-with-a-template-that-is-causing-my-printer-to-go-offline.1126874/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi.  

Combofix was run (on my own) under Win 7 some time ago.  In the mean time I have upgraded from Win 7 to Win 8.1 to Win 10.  However, (with hindsight) it appears that I did not uninstall Combofix properly as I found the Combofix folder is still on my C: drive (whilst checking my storage usage) - unfortunately after having upgraded to Win 10. Please advise how I can remove the Combofix folder/uninstall Combofix without damaging anything as Combofix is not supported on Win 10?

Thank you.
Vari

A:Uninstall Combofix/Remove Combofix folder from Windows 10

Hi there,Please download DelFix by Xplode from here and run it as Administrator. Place a checkmark in Remove disinfection tools, then click Run. The tool will remove the remains of ComboFix on your system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587494/uninstall-combofixremove-combofix-folder-from-windows-10/
Relevancy 55.9%

Ok I am having problems with DisplayPort My home HP ProDesk G DM w Gb RAM running Windows bit off offline to system DisplayPort causing when monitors powered go and Intel HD Graphics has two HP LA x monitors The HP monitors are connected via two DisplayPorts Problem But when I power off the monitors but leave the computer running DisplayPort causing system to go offline when monitors powered off Windows losses all my desktop DisplayPort causing system to go offline when monitors powered off settings All my icons and open windows default over to the primary screen I have been dealing with this for two years now when I power them back on I must move all my windows around again Its very annoying I have read various threads on how to resolve this but none of them work for me A I can't change the EDID setting for my Intel graphics card if I can I can't figure out where B I have gone into the monitor menu settings and disabled the DDC CI Support on both monitors C I have changed the computers power mgmt settings to NOT sleep hibernate or anything of the sort Problem The above really drives me nuts However now a new issue has occurred and the driving me nuts has turned into driving me mad I have an external hard drive connected to this computer I am running Samsung's SmartView so my TV can access all the movies tv shows on that hard drive When I power off monitors my TV can no longer see access the SmartView app and or the external hard drive So if I am downstairs and want to stream a movie from this external hard drive I must go back up stairs and power on the monitors I know I am not the only one with DisplayPort issues when the monitors are powered off but others have been able to find solutions like the ones listed above

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/397033-displayport-causing-system-go-offline-when-monitors-powered-off.html
Relevancy 55.47%

OK...situation.

Customer has:

File server running win 2000 pro

Client running win xp pro

Customer deleted a directory on the server over the network from his client machine. Customer made a mistake....needs that directory........great....ok.... Deleted directory and files do not show up in either the server or clients recycle bin.

My question is: Is there any way of retrieving a deleted directory from the server when it was deleted over the network? If not from the server the way it is, is there a third party program that will undelete something that was deleted over the network? Or is it just gone?????

Thanks for your help,

Richard

Relevancy 55.47%

so, last night I did one of the classic "muscle memory bites you in the rump" screwups, and killed the directory my downloads wind up in. already went and did my best to recover what I could. now, I'm looking to try to prevent the same screwup from happening again; and I'm wondering if there's some relatively simple means of preventing the directory itself from being deleted by mistake, without locking it's contents against deletion (since that would be a nuisance when moving stuff out of it/ditching things from it). it's not as though I'll have a need to totally purge it at a level that can't be satisfied by going into it and hitting select all, then deleting.
so yeah um... suggestions?

A:Is it possible to prevent just a given directory from being deleted?

I would take a different approach...and just make routine backups of the system...for those times when mistakes are made or problems develop.

I don't use System Restore...but isn't it predicated on situations such as yours?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/411198/is-it-possible-to-prevent-just-a-given-directory-from-being-deleted/
Relevancy 55.47%

I was running CleanCache v3.2 and I accidentally deleted my c:/temp directory. Nothing is in my recycle bin. Is there anything I can do to retrieve all this????
ARRRGHHHH!!

A:HELP!!! Just deleted my c:/temp directory

Try this little utility i use every once in a while

its small,and may do the trick for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-just-deleted-my-c-temp-directory.431569/
Relevancy 55.47%

i assume. just some temp file folder in my vista stsyem now when i clear the cache and all the histroy and reload it reloads images(im designing a website) that ive fixed(it reloads th images that i had to fix)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firefox-and-ie-temp-data-not-being-deleted-because-i-deleted-some-temporary-folder.869214/
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm using Windows In my My Documents folder C Users lt MYNAME gt Documents I have a folder let's call it X that contains yet more folders change folder directory? display whole not and to only How for folder of images let's call them X Xn So the paths are C Users lt MYNAME gt Documents X X Xn My My How to change folder display only for folder and not whole directory? Documents folder uses the Details display However for folders X Xn and ONLY those folders I wish to use the display option Large Icons However changing the display for any of the Xi folders causes the display to change for ALL folders in My Documents all folders in path C Users lt MYNAME gt Documents I have tried several different tactics but have not been able to change the display for ONLY folders X to Xn I asked on another forum and someone said it might have to do with the concept of libraries I researched the subject but am not anywhere closer to finding a solution The folder X is program folder and the Xi are folders that the program creates to stock the images I could just manually move all images to the My Images folder C Users lt MYNAME gt Pictures since that folder has Large Icons display but I would rather keep the Xi image folders together with its program folder X in My Documents Anyone know how I can do this It's driving me insane I keep having to switch displays just to see icons of the pictures in the Xi Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587721/how-to-change-folder-display-only-for-folder-and-not-whole-directory/
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm using Windows In my quot My Documents quot folder C Users Change folder, whole directory for display folder not only lt MYNAME gt Documents I have a folder let's call it X that contains yet more folders of images let's call them X Xn So the paths are C Users lt MYNAME gt Documents Change folder display only for folder, not whole directory X X Xn My quot My Documents quot folder uses the quot Details quot display However for folders X Xn and ONLY those folders I wish to use the display option quot Large Icons quot However changing the display for any of the Xi folders causes the display to change for ALL folders in quot My Documents quot all folders in path C Users lt MYNAME gt Documents I have tried several different tactics but have not been able to change the display for ONLY folders X to Xn I asked on another forum and someone said it might have to do with the concept of quot libraries quot I researched the subject but am not anywhere closer to finding a solution The folder X is program folder and the Xi are folders that the Change folder display only for folder, not whole directory program creates to stock the images I could just manually move all images to the My Images folder C Users lt MYNAME gt Pictures since that folder has Large Icons display but I would rather keep the Xi image folders together with its program folder X in Change folder display only for folder, not whole directory My Documents Anyone know how I can do this It's driving me insane I keep having to switch displays just to see icons of the pictures in the Xi Thanks

A:Change folder display only for folder, not whole directory

Welcome to the forum what have you tried normally if you display the folder and change the view it keeps the setting

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-8-a/125976-change-folder-display-only-folder-not-whole-directory.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Months before going overseas I verified that I had an offline translator nbsp It took several tries for some reason but I eventually did get Bing Translate on my Bing and download can't self-deleted OFFline -- Translate computer Just by trying the store Bing OFFline Translate -- self-deleted and can't download over and over The day before I left there was a Windows update of some kind nbsp I did not check to see if the update had uninstalled any of my apps but I strongly suspect that it did since there is no way I would have been ok going overseas without this application And now as I type from a rare place that has internet access for the limited amount of time that I have said internet access I want to ask you good folks who frequent this forum How do I actually download the app nbsp When I try I get quot Your purchase couldn't be completed Something happened and your purchase couldn't be completed nbsp Error code x Try again Cancel quot I looked around and tried the quot fix the store app quot thing mentioned in this blog without any luck nbsp http blogs msdn com b notime archive fix-store-app-in-windows- - aspx I get the error consistently nbsp Any help would be most appreciated nbsp It is very very difficult to function here without the ability to communicate like I need to and without internet access

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/637dd321-390e-4a5b-8da4-322009e26afd/bing-offline-translate-selfdeleted-and-cant-download?forum=w8itprogeneral