Windows Support Forum

Win7 Homegroup problem

Q: Win7 Homegroup problem

Hi,

if anyone can help ill be really thankful.
pc 1, 2 runnging win7 ultimate x64

1 adsl modem, 1 tp-link router, 2 computers (pc1, pc2).

ADSL(modem) - LAN1 - PC1 , LAN2 - Tp-link
Tp-link - LAN1 - PC2, WAN - ADSL(modem)

Everything is working, but computers cant see each other in HomeGroup.
Tried various methods but nothing work.

So my question is how to set HomeGroup for those 2 computers. Any suggestions?
Thank you

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Win7 Homegroup problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Win7 Homegroup problem

@Moirax . I can't answer your question, but your mention of Homegroup makes me ask what is it for? To avoid hijacking this thread,I'll PM you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-homegroup-problem.206524/
Relevancy 64.5%

After reading all the networking quot solved quot issues here I still cant get what I want from my network I dont want to have access to just quot shared quot folders but complete and total access to ALL drives files folders on each computer Computer specs provided on my profile with each comp running Win I have cable internet connected to cable modem with a D-Link router From the router I have desktops wired home problem Win7 network/homegroup and a wireless Win7 home network/homegroup problem TrendNet AP going to a laptop I have connection issues with the laptop but will deal with that later Homegroup isues comp sees no other computers or the Homegroup and a get quot No other homegroup computers are currently available quot message Comp can access files on but dont see cant access and dont see I read the best way to make Homegroup work right is to setup an extra user accounts with passwords on each comp Is there no other way to make HG work I am admin on all comps and hate having to input a dang password just to access the machine There has go to be an easier way However on the Network all comps see each other and can access the drives but wont let me copy move execute anything from any directories quot You need permission to preform this action quot is the message it gives me on each comp no matter which comp I try to work with I have something messed up badly looks like just not sure where to begin and would appreciate some guidance nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I have a Dell Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS and everytime i try connecting to the existing homegroup that was created using windows 7 home premium, i get an error. all it seems to tell me is "Homegroup has encountered an error," so i open the troubleshooter and it says some problems may be network related, so i chose to troubleshoot that, and it says the troubleshooter could not find any problems. If it helps, i have a Cisco Valet Plus Router (m20)
help would be much appreciated.
thank you so much

Relevancy 53.75%

i have recoverd a hard drive from a laptop(o/s win 7 hp) and copied the lib files to my pc, my daughter has now gone and brought a new laptop using win 8. the back up files are over 40gb(mainly photo`s and pdf docs) what is the best way to transfer the files to the new laptop? i was going to add it to my home group and just transfer that way untill i realised the new L/T was win 8.
i have two pc`s on my network (both win 7 Hp). although i tried win 8 in the early days i got RIDD. I am not sure if i can add the new win 8 Laptop it to my home group or shall i just use a mem stick(a large one).

q1. is home group in win 8
q2 can i use easy transfer.

best regards topper.

A:win7 to win8 homegroup?

Hello Topper,

Sure, a Windows 8/8.1 PC is able to join the same homegroup that Windows 7 PCs are joined to and be able to share files between them the same way.

Homegroup - Join in Windows 8

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/340172-win7-win8-homegroup.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I want use my 64-bit Win7 netbook with 32-bit Vista desktop and I don't know if Homegrouping is my best option.

A:How do a from Win7 homegroup with Vista?

It isn't an option, because Homegroups are unique to Windows 7 only.

HomeGroup from start to finish - Help & How-to - Microsoft Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/239344-how-do-win7-homegroup-vista.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have two win 7 PCs connected to a network.
PC1 shows PC2 as part of the network and PC2s public folders are accessible by PC1.
PC2 does not show PC1 in the network, yet under network and sharing center of PC2 it shows PC1 in the full map of the network but clicking on it's icon does not work.

I have made sure both computers are trusted by the firewall.
I have setup a home-group on PC2 which is accessible by PC1 but I get "no other homegroup computers are currenly available" showing on PC2.

Any Ideas would be great.

A:Solved: One way homegroup win7

Finally got there need to adjust firewall on PC1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-one-way-homegroup-win7.927061/
Relevancy 53.75%

Having a hard time getting a homegroup setup, tried turning on network discovery and file sharing and it reverts to off, tried leaving homegroup and it denies the action, does the same with attempting to change the homegroup password.  Could use a little help with this, Thanks

A:Homegroup setup in win7 pro

Are you on a Home Network? Is this the only computer involved?
--- Did you originally create the homegroup on this computer or did you have to join a homegroup?
Check out homegroup from start to finish
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/homegroup-help#homegroup-start-to-finish=windows-7&v1h=win81tab1&v2h=win7tab1

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536998/homegroup-setup-in-win7-pro/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi!

After a HD crash my homegroup and sharing has went south.
When trying to access my Laptop it gives me 0x80070035 and says it can't be reached.

I can't log in to my homegroup at all, ask me for the password and then it says it can't log in.
One of the homecompters i can't even leave the homegroup.

Realy messed up!

I'm VERY thankfull for some help so i can start enjoying my life again.

ToddeSwe

A:Homegroup and sharing problems Win7/8

Ok I've seen these types of problems many times in the past and there are a few solutions that should help. No guarantee's here because when the Homegroup goes south it really goes down the tubes.

First you will want to go into C:\windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking and delete all files in this folder, the picture below shows the path and what these files look like, simply delete all files you see there as these are the source of many problems, such as not being able to leave the Homegroup or not being able to rejoin, etc.

In order to see the AppData file etc. you will need to go into Folder Options in the Control Panel and enable the setting that says "Show hidden files and folders".

You will need to do this on all Homegroup machines. After that you will want to leave the Homegroup on all machines, then reboot all machines and then create a new Homegroup rejoin from all machines.

You should also ensure that the following services are running.
In order for the HomeGroup networking feature to be working, there are certain Windows services that need to be enabled and running. If you used a program to disable services or manually disabled them, it may be causing the problem.

The services that need to be turned on are listed below:
?DNS Client
?Function Discovery Provider Host
?Function Discovery Resource Publication
?Peer Networking Grouping
?HomeGroup Provider
?HomeGroup Listener
?SSDP Discovery
?UPnP Device Host

You can turn on the services by clicking on Start and typing in ?services? and then clicking on Services.
Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows 7 HomeGroup Connection Issues - Help Desk Geek

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/24281-homegroup-sharing-problems-win7-8-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Most of the PC's in my house are on Windows 7 and they all connect with each other without any problems. I have not been able to get my laptop (WinXP Pro) or Netbook (Ubuntu 9.10) to connect to the Homegroup. I also have a Networked Attached Storage device but this seems to be invisible to Windows 7. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

A:Connecting non-Win7 devices to homegroup

Hello,

As far as I know, homegroup is only for Windows 7 machines. I don't think it is possible to connect with Ubuntu or XP.

~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/57526-connecting-non-win7-devices-homegroup.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Just purchased a Win8.1 and set up a first-time home group. But my old Win7 home premium just cannot be coaxed into joing it. Have tried everything without luck. Do they actually work together?

A:Win7 will not join Win8 homegroup

Hello Hunzeker,

Oh yes, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 can be in the same homegroup. I have one setup with my Windows 8.1 and a Windows 7 on a virtual machine.

As a test, have all computers leave the homegroup to be able to start over fresh.

Afterwards, create a homegroup in Windows 8.1, and join the homegroup in Windows 7. Double check the details in the tutorials below to help make sure everything is set properly for the homegroup to see if that may help.

Homegroup - Create in Windows 8

Homegroup - Add Computer or Join

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/326461-win7-will-not-join-win8-homegroup.html
Relevancy 53.32%

The 8.1 laptop says it detects the homegroup and prompts me to join it. I go thru the steps, including the correct password. Then, after a minute or so of looking, the laptop says it no longer detects a homegroup on this network. I can't find anything wrong. All the settings seem to be correctly set. What am I doing wrong?

A:My Win 8.1 laptop cannot join the homegroup on Win7 PC

Firewall possibly causing it.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/55842-my-win-8-1-laptop-cannot-join-homegroup-win7-pc.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I just moved and ended up settng up a homegroup through a seperate win7 Box (roomate's)

Now that I am close to finishing upacking, I am trying to join the homegroup with my primary cpu.

Control Panel > Network,etc > Homegroup > ...and the only option I have is to create a homeGroup....

I don't want to create, I want to join. unfortunately I see no optin to "join"

A:Win7 trying to join existing homegroup

See if this helps - Homegroup - Add Computer or Join

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/378989-win7-trying-join-existing-homegroup.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am a dummy when it comes to networking. However, I have successfully setup homegroup with 4 computers with a shared printer at my boss's office.

I also have a workstation and 2 laptops running Windows 7 Pro SP1 that I would like to send faxes with.

What I want to do is to install a 56k fax/modem (PCI or USB?) on the workstation and share the fax with the 2 laptops. Is fax sharing possible through homegroup? If not how can I share the fax with the 2 other laptops.

A:How can I share Windows Fax & Scan with Homegroup in Win7 Pro x64 SP1?

Hello,

This may work:
Install and Share a Fax Printer for Network Users

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/194720-how-can-i-share-windows-fax-scan-homegroup-win7-pro-x64-sp1.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello, I can't connect my desktop with Windows 8 Pro and laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium to same Homegroup.

I tried to leave Homegroup on both computers, create Homegroup on dektop and tried to connect with laptop, i can see another computer who created that Houmegroup, i enter that password that Windows created but i still cant connet to that Homegroup. Then i tried to create Homegroup on laptop and tried to connect with dektop but that didn't work either.

I disabled firewalls and antiviurs on both computer. I have sharing on both computer on.

I have only one account on each computer with admin privileges, without passwords.

When i try to see shared folders on another computer he always ask me for account and password but i don't know which one since i don't have any password set up on my accounts.

Thanks

A:Unable to connect Win8 and Win7 to same Homegroup

You can try going through this Homegroup trouble shooting guide, follow the steps and see if you can find anything wrong.

It sounds like the time/date settings may be out of sync on those machines. The machine names need to be different also.

Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows 7 HomeGroup Connection Issues

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/12332-unable-connect-win8-win7-same-homegroup.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I had to buy a new laptop that I could take with me to work and of course it runs Win which I absolutely hate incidentally I decided it would be nice if I could share files with my primary computer when I'm at home which is a desktop running dual-boot Win and Ubuntu I initially set up a homegroup but whenever I try to file to ick) way Win7 Best machine? share with (Homegroup access laptop files from my desktop it always pops up with a Best way to share file with Win7 machine? (Homegroup ick) quot enter network username and password quot dialog I tried looking up solutions to that but so far haven't found anything that works I made Best way to share file with Win7 machine? (Homegroup ick) sure the clocks on both computers were the same and I made sure that all network settings were the same on both including the setting quot do not use user accounts passwords quot but I'm still having the issue So what's the best way for me to share sync files on my laptop with the desktop's files while I'm at home

A:Best way to share file with Win7 machine? (Homegroup ick)

I use skydrive. the only downfall is if your new then you only get 7GB. I have skydrive running on windows 7 and I also have my "Music, Videos, Desktop, Downloads, Pictures" all synced through Skydrive.
its really nice because I don't have to do anything but use my PC.
it also work amazing with my phone (Windows Phone8)

Also if you don't like windows 8 then you should check out Windows 8.1. You can boot straight to desktop and skydrive is built in.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29919-best-way-share-file-win7-machine-homegroup-ick.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Or how do I just make the XP box know about the Win7 box? They're both fed from the same router so should have IP addresses in the same group - but although the Win7 PC can see the XP PC, it doesn't work the other way around.

AFAICT the only place (in XP) where I can view other computers is in my XP workgroup. But Win7 uses homegroups which don't seem to be quite the same thing. A workgroup seems to have a name but no password whereas a homegroup seems to have a password but no name.

What am I missing here...?

A:How do I join a Windows XP computer to a Win7 homegroup?

XP can't join a homegroup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/209910-how-do-i-join-windows-xp-computer-win7-homegroup.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Just got new house, and putting together a new win7 homegroup network (new isp, modem & router)
I have the wired computers(3) connected through the router to homegroup called network3. And they can share file, and printers just fine.
The wireless laptop connects to the router though a wireless connection called 'wireless network' it can get on the internet just fine. but it (laptop) can't join the homegroup the wired computers are connected to. It ask to connect to the homegroup by name (network3), when I click "choose homegroup and sharing options" in the Network and Sharing Center screen. I enter the password that works on the other wired computers, but them I get the dreaded balloon saying "Wndows can not set up a homegroup on this computer " pops up, then just sits there.
How do I get the laptop to join the homegroup? There is no other network shown other than 'wireless network'
Thansk

A:Win7 Cannot join homegroup wired and wireless

try this first: make certain all computers are scychronized to the same date and time.
I know that sounds like a "given," but I had a smiliar problem in joining my workgroup.
The Win7 laptop could see the other computers but when trying to connect, it asked
for the network password & identified my computer as belonging to a domain (which
it wasn't).
I tried everything. My time was the same on all the systems. Then I noticed the Win7
system was a day off. I fixed that and walla! Win7 could not only see the other systems
but also, connect--a two week search & trying to connect, solved by the simple
thing of making sure all computers had the same time & date.
Also, you need to have the "everyone" group active, with full rights.
And user accounts with the same name and password on each system.

If those things don't work, hopefully others will answer with the answer.

Bob

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/173396-win7-cannot-join-homegroup-wired-wireless.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I am currently using Win Enterprise on option Edition? for A Enterprise there Is HomeGroup' 'Join Win7 my PC that was given to me by a computer guy Since I Is there A 'Join HomeGroup' option for Win7 Enterprise Edition? am into office applications going online and just common stuff other than entertainment purposes I use my iPad for that he decided that Enterprise edition would be a best fit for me So I Is there A 'Join HomeGroup' option for Win7 Enterprise Edition? was Is there A 'Join HomeGroup' option for Win7 Enterprise Edition? trying to connect this desktop PC to my hubby s windows Ultimate edition laptop and I am only able to create a HomeGroup but his is able to create and join Could that be a different between the versions of Windows Does Enterprise edition only can create HomeGroups Please guys I need help If possible if I can just create a HomeGroup from my desktop PC then add my hubby s computer to this group then it would be ok Another thing is how can I after creating a HomeGroup on my desktop PC then connect it with my Amazon FireTV device I have this old Netgear router that I had configured to become a network adapter which other than being connected to our modem should be able to connect to the FireTV device it being on the same IP address Is that possible it being my router wifi network adapter been configured through ddt com site that it would still be able to connect with my FireTV device nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi On my desktop PC I run Win Premium bit and I also have a new Dell XPS with Win bit Professional laptop connected to a homegroup with the desktop using wireless wi fi It works perfectly I need to add an HP laptop to the homegroup network with a wireless connection Connection to the homegroup is fine but the HP running Vista cannot connect to the internet The HP laptop homegroup to not Vista connects Solved: but to Win7 Laptop internet. has no need to share files or anything on the homegroup Solved: Vista Laptop connects to Win7 homegroup but not to internet. except maybe the printer once in a while The homegroup has excellent access to the internet the HP has access to the homegroup but no access to the internet IP and DNS servers are set at quot Automatically connect quot Router is a Billion N Solved: Vista Laptop connects to Win7 homegroup but not to internet. with latest firmware The desktop is in my home office the Dell in the family room about one wall the HP is in an adjacent bedroom about with two walls The dell works superbly in that bedroom Core two quad Ghz Q GT GPU I cannot sort this one out Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Vista Laptop connects to Win7 homegroup but not to internet.

Does the HP connect OK with a cable connection

what firewall / security suite are you using - HPs usually come with a demo of Norton , if you are not using that , then lets remove it as it can cause blocking issues - see removal tool below

can we see the following

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Norton Removal Tool
http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080710133834EN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-laptop-connects-to-win7-homegroup-but-not-to-internet.984737/
Relevancy 51.6%

EDIT New information Still looking for help however new information I borrowed a friends laptop and connected it to the network wired connection and the same problem is happening That means the problem is clearly on the HTPC Any ideas what could be causing it the slowdown when transferring files from the HTPC to other PC's but leaving the HTPC able to copy files from others incoming files to HTPC fine outgoing files from HTPC slow Any assistance Between Needed Speeds 2 Slow Help Data - Homegroup Win7 Transfer PC's would be appreciated Original Message Below Dear Seven Forums I am having an Homegroup Slow Data Transfer Speeds Between 2 Win7 PC's - Help Needed issue I am hoping someone here can help me with Currently I have two PC's one running Win Pro and the other Win Home The Win Pro PC is my gaming PC and the Win Home Homegroup Slow Data Transfer Speeds Between 2 Win7 PC's - Help Needed PC is my HTPC They are both linked via a router Cisco M Valet and both via wired connections Recently I thought it would be neat to turn my HTPC into a media file server as well so I can access files on it from my Win Pro Gaming PC As such I simply made a homegroup linked the two and added my media library on the HTPC to the list of folders to be shared on the homegroup Everything worked fine up-to that point here is where the problem comes in The HTPC can copy files from my Gaming PC without any issue can copy a MB file in a matter of seconds However when the Gaming PC tries to copy a file from the HTPC the transfer speed is in the area of - kbps Clearly something is wrong yet I have no way to tell what side the HomeGroup the problem is on Currently I don't suspect it to be on the HTPC side as I did a fresh install of Win and all related HTPC software XBMC Apps under weeks ago As such its about as fresh as a new born baby One thing that I find quite vexing is the gaming PC has zero problems with connection speed when it comes to the internet Nice and fast no problems The same is true for the HTPC Both are in the range of - Mbps Down and - Mbps Up As such its a very confusing problem I have also ran checks on all hard drives to search for bad sectors in case it was a hard drive issue yet nothing was found I also tried using a different router a WRT GL to make sure it was not something like that the symptoms were the same I also tried replacing the cables for the network and that did not help I really think its a network problem it is just outside of the realm of my expertise I really hope this great community can help me with my problem Both PC's specs in full are below any ideas to narrow down the problem or things I can check would be most appreciated Thank you very much for your time everyone -S Specs Gaming PC OS Windows Pro HDD Seagate Barracuda ST AS amp Western Digital Cav Green WD EZRS TB CPU AMD FX Memory GB DDR mhz Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth FX - Bios Video Cards x Sapphire AMD GB Virus Scanner MS Security Essentals Windows Updates Up To Date HTPC OS Windows Home HDD Western Digital Cav Green WD AUDX GB CPU AMD A - Llano GHz Memory GB Corsair XMS DDR Motherboard ASRock A M-HVS Video Radeon HD D - On CPU Virus Scanner MS Security Essentals Windows Updates Up To Date

A:Homegroup Slow Data Transfer Speeds Between 2 Win7 PC's - Help Needed

Still looking for help, however new information. I borrowed a friends laptop and connected it to the network (wired connection) and the same problem is happening. That means the problem is clearly on the HTPC. Any ideas what could be causing it the slowdown when transferring files from the HTPC to other PC's but leaving the HTPC able to copy files from others (incoming files to HTPC fine, outgoing files from HTPC slow).

Any assistance would be appreciated.

-S

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/259288-homegroup-slow-data-transfer-speeds-between-2-win7-pcs-help-needed.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have three computers all running Win Ultimate x one of which functions partly as a media center hosting music etc the second and third being my office workstation and laptop Homegroup Hangs Accessing While Folders Win7 Shared Explorer respectively The media center has a hard line to my cable modem via Trendnet wireless-N router while the latter two connect via wireless the workstation via a wireless ethernet hub and the laptop via it's integrated wireless I currently have all of my media folders shared via homegroup on the media center My laptop Lenovo Thinkpad W can access all of the shared folders My office Win7 Explorer Hangs While Accessing Shared Homegroup Folders workstation while Win7 Explorer Hangs While Accessing Shared Homegroup Folders I can quot see quot the shared libraries folders on my media center hangs the explorer window appears to be perpetually loading whenever I attempt to open any of the folders Sometimes when this happens I can kill restart explorer but ever so often explorer itself will be unable to restart and I will have to reboot the entire machine I have Windows Security Essentials running on both machines - all three are almost identical with respects to the installed software I have tried reconfiguring the homegroup multiple times flushing the dns cache resetting and cycling the router and have even swapped out wireless adapters on the problematic workstation to no avail Any advice would be much appreciated

A:Win7 Explorer Hangs While Accessing Shared Homegroup Folders

One other piece of info - I have a wireless printer that all three computers (media center, workstation, and laptop) can connect (and print) to with no problems.

The workstation and media center were installed with the same Win7 installation disk (supposedly good for two installs) however the workstation's "genuine" windows certificate had to be updated (via phone if I recall) after I swapped out a couple of the components (motherboard & graphics card).

Any thoughts?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/276145-win7-explorer-hangs-while-accessing-shared-homegroup-folders.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Desktop A With" Menu No on "Share Choice Homegroup Win7 hardwired to Netgear router laptop B has wireless connection to router Both Win Home Premium I can get computer A where the homegroup No "Share With" Choice on Win7 Homegroup Menu was established to read and write ie permanently change folders files on computer B but B can only read not write to A I was supposed to get a quot Share with quot option when I rt-clk A's libraries to let B read write on A but I don't get that option but I did get it on B during setup that allowed A to write on B I must have a setting wrong someplace that won't allow me the quot share with quot option on A Any ideas I just found this from M quot If you don't see the Share with menu you might be trying to share an item on a network or other unsupported location The Share with menu also won't appear when you select files outside your personal folder quot What does this mean How does it explain why I can do what I want in one quot direction quot but not the other What can I do to fix this Thnx

A:No "Share With" Choice on Win7 Homegroup Menu

well to the obvious first I suppose, is file and printer sharing active on both computers?
Enable file and printer sharing

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/225570-no-share-choice-win7-homegroup-menu.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I installed Windows 7 on my laptop, and I also have a desktop running Windows 7. I am trying to connect my laptop to my homegroup with the password for my homegroup, but my desktop will not reveal it. Is there any other place that I can find it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

theAdmiral

A:Windows 7 Control Panel Homegroup not revealing Homegroup Password

Hello Admiral,

If the desktop computer will not let you view the homegroup password, then you might see if you may be able to change it, then use the new password to join the laptop to the homegroup.

If not, then you might go ahead and start over by leaving the homegroup on both computers, create a homegroup on the desktop to get a new password, and join the laptop to the homegroup with the new password.

Hope this helps,

Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/244398-windows-7-control-panel-homegroup-not-revealing-homegroup-password.html
Relevancy 45.58%

While joined to a HomeGroup if an attempt is made to nbsp log on nbsp under a user account immediately after start-up then nbsp reaching the nbsp log on nbsp takes a period of time several fold nbsp of longer nbsp than normal to complete Subsequent log-ons switch-users then take the normal period of time until next start-up If following start-up there is a nbsp delay before attempting to logon then the first logon takes the normal brief Homegroup to hang Resource Provider initially? services Why while Function Slow HomeGroup - Discovery Publicaton joined then do logon period of time The event log nbsp consistently nbsp witnesses the nbsp following two errors seen to coincide with each slow logon The Function Discovery Resource Publication service hung on starting leading to The HomeGroup Provider service depends on the Function Discovery Resource Publication Slow logon while joined to Homegroup - Why do Function Discovery Resource Publicaton then HomeGroup Provider services hang initially? service which failed to start because of the following error After starting the service hung in a start-pending state Eventually the delayed logons complete by which time the two failed services are seen to have finally successfully started HomeGroups are also seen to be functioning normally nbsp Removing the machine from the Homegroup solves the issue re-join the HomeGroup nbsp and it nbsp returns Windows Pro nbsp WORKGROUP machine nbsp with local accounts This issue has been confirmed nbsp with at least two users I have no reason to think it would not occur for nbsp all users immediately after logon I acknowledge that setting the service to start 'automatically' might nbsp work around the issue but would prefer to solve why the services aren't starting as presumably intended nbsp Has anybody seen nbsp this or does anybody have any suggestions as to how to determine nbsp what is causing this hang and resulting delay nbsp Windows does not seem to be reporting the error back to Microsoft if there is something further I can do to opt into nbsp registering nbsp these occurrences nbsp with Microsoft then I would happily participate and nbsp would appreciate any nbsp guidance as to how to do so

A:Slow logon while joined to Homegroup - Why do Function Discovery Resource Publicaton then HomeGroup Provider services hang initially?

Hi,
What are the start types of the two services? If they are Automatic, you may try to change it to Automatic(Delay) or Manual for a test.

Anyway, I record your report. Juke Chou
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ce6354d1-e3c2-4756-b4cb-f1693cfbea76/slow-logon-while-joined-to-homegroup-why-do-function-discovery-resource-publicaton-then-homegroup?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 45.58%

The computer that originally created the homegroup on my network is no more. It seems that because of this that my new computer is unavailable to join the homegroup that already exists. Other computers that were part of the homegroup before the "host" computer died are still part of the homegroup and able to share files, etc.

Is there a way to connect a new computer to the homegroup if the original host computer is no longer part of the network/ no longer exists?

A:Unable to join homegroup, homegroup creating computer is no more

The original computer is not required as long as you have other computers that were part of original homegroup. Boot another computer that was part of homegroup and then enter the password and it will join. I no longer have the original computer that was used to setup the first homegroup but new ones join properly when others are active on network.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/330520-unable-join-homegroup-homegroup-creating-computer-no-more.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I get a "Homegroup encountered an error" message when I try to join my laptop and desktop to a homegroup. It does not matter which one sets it up and which one tries to join. It errors in either direction. I have tried leaving and creating, no use. The desktop is wired to a Belkin 300N router and the laptop is wireless. The desktop uses a static ip address and the laptop uses the router's dhcp server. Both computers are on the same subnet and can ping in both directions. Sharing via workgroup works fine. Why won't this software do it's job?

The desktop is a fresh install of Windows 7 professional 64 bit and the laptop has been running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit for 4 months. I have followed the suggesstions that I have found in the forums and also the troubleshooter with no success. Any ideas?

A:Homegroup encountered an error / This computer cannot join a homegroup

I got it to work after I uninstalled McAffey, deleted the static ip addresses, and used wireless to connect both pc's to router. Not sure which one did the trick but I know that if I try to use a static ip address on my desktop/media server, homegroup disappears. I think its not all that great anyway, I just wanted to justify the $50,000 i just spent on classes to get my Bachelors in Networking.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/183932-homegroup-encountered-error-computer-cannot-join-homegroup.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,
I have the following problems with the HomeGroup:
I choose View or print the homegroup password: The password window does not pop up. Without the password no other computer can join the homegroup.

I choose Change password: On your computer it is not possible to create a homegroup.
I choose Leave the homegroup: Your computer could not leave the homegroup.

I checked the following services:
HomeGroup Provider: started
HomeGroup Listener: started
Peer Name Resolution Protocol: not started; error 0x80630203
Peer Networking Grouping service: not started; error 1068.
Peer Networking Identity Manager service: started
PNRP Machine Name Publication Service: not started; error 1068.

Who can give advice?

A:HomeGroup: error 0x80630203 / Leaving/joining the homegroup is not possible

Clear all files inside
C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking did not help at all.

After searching for a long time, the following turned out to fix the problem: 

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys ----> Took over possession: Admin (my user account), security everyone added full possession 
Cleared all files inside MachineKeys, restarted
Then left the homegroup: Result: There is no homegroup available in the network 
Now Network and Sharing Center shows again: 
- access type: Internet
- homegroup: ready to create
- connections: wireless network connection

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys ----> security everyone deleted full possession

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e5a531f4-43fa-4f01-8da1-791cc848755e/homegroup-error-0x80630203-leavingjoining-the-homegroup-is-not-possible?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello all, I have connected my pc to the Linksys Wireless-G 2.4GHz directly with an Ethernet cable and created a homegroup. I then connected my laptop to the linksys with a wireless connection which has a WPA Personal security key. I tried to connect the laptop to the homegroup but instead of having a Join a homegroup button it has create a homegroup.
How do I get the laptop to find the homegroup that is on the pc please?

A:Con't get my wirelss Laptop homegroup to find my pc ethernet homegroup

Quote: Originally Posted by MontyRob

Hello all, I have connected my pc to the Linksys Wireless-G 2.4GHz directly with an Ethernet cable and created a homegroup. I then connected my laptop to the linksys with a wireless connection which has a WPA Personal security key. I tried to connect the laptop to the homegroup but instead of having a Join a homegroup button it has create a homegroup.
How do I get the laptop to find the homegroup that is on the pc please?

Create a homegroup

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...tart-to-finish

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/124743-cont-get-my-wirelss-laptop-homegroup-find-my-pc-ethernet-homegroup.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a desktop and laptop both with WIN and both with the same User ID Both machines say quot Joined quot under Homegroup when I click on Network amp Sharing Center On the dtop in Windows Explorer the quot HOMEGROUP quot icon shows no other Homegroup connected machines but both machines are displayed there under the quot NETWORK quot icon Clicking the quot HOMEGROUP quot icon here gives the message quot No other Homegroup computers are currently available quot Because showing Not Homegroup in icon one PC's Homegroup on all machine of this if I want to quot see quot Libraries on the ltop from the dtop I have to click the ltop icon on quot NETWORK quot The quot HOMEGROUP quot icon on the ltop is expandable to show both P C 's In spite of this I am able to quot see quot files across this network as long as I accept this difference between the quot HOMEGROUP quot icons on the dtop Can anyone explain why my dtop quot HOMEGROUP quot icon is limited in this way

A:Homegroup Not showing all PC's on one machine in Homegroup icon

Hi,

When you set up the HOMEGROUP did you set the Desktop machine to join by entering the password given from the laptop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/124504-homegroup-not-showing-all-pcs-one-machine-homegroup-icon.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi there!

I've just upgraded my husband PC from Windows 7 to 10.
Everything went well except that I can no longer connect to the network.
After some attempt, I chose to delete all homegroup to create a new one.
All right on my husband's computer (leave the homegroup), while on my computer (which is the main computer) after leaving the existing homegroup (BigBear-Lio) I cannot create a new one.

LioSeven on LioSeven PC doesn't exist anymore.
It's an old computer I had and after that I bought this (with Win 8 as OS and then I did the upgrade to Win 10 one year ago).
So this homegroup maybe remained in memory since I transferred the files at least 2 years ago.
Now I'm not able to delete it and if I cannot delete it, I don't have the choice ti create a new one.
I have tried everything with no luck.

Can someone help me please?
Thanks in advance

lio

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/59398-cannot-create-new-homegroup-due-no-longer-existing-homegroup.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi ppl,

My home network has 4 computers(including mine) running windows 7, and all of them are connected to the same router/access point for internet connection. When I created a homegroup, and went to add the other computers, they created another homegroup and the other 3 computers are now in the same homegroup. However on my side, it detects no computers. I clicked "leave homegroup", and it detected no homegroup on the network. The other 3 computers are on the same homegroup and are able to share files and printers. I cannot join the homegroup when i click homegroup in windows explorer it only says there is no homegroup on the network and asks me to create a homegroup. Does anyone know a solution to this problem? I badly need to share the printers and files across my home network.

A:Help with HomeGroup Issues, cannot detect other computers on homegroup

Hi,welcome to Seven Forums.

Make sure you all have the same default gateways,and that the prefered dns server ip address is the same on all the pc's.

Open your network and sharing settings, click on network and sharing,properties,choose ipv4,properties and make sure all the i.p's are entered correctly and match on the rest of the pc's(apart from the first one which is each pc's own i.p)

Not sure if this is the problem,hope it helps,and please reply with the results. Hope someone else can help you better

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/240596-help-homegroup-issues-cannot-detect-other-computers-homegroup.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a desktop that is connected to my Belkin router via wire. I have 3 laptops that are all connected to the router wirelessly.
All computers have Windows 7 64bit and synched clocks.
All are connected to a Home network.
All 3 laptops detect that a Homegroup has been created on the wired desktop.
I'm using the correct Homegroup password.
All computers have discovery on.
All computers have IPv4 and Ipv6 running.
All services are running.
Everything else I've read and tried regarding troubleshooting this issue haven't worked.
All computers can see each other on the Network, but can't connect to the Homegroup.

Please help. I'll provide any other info you need. Thanks!

A:Homegroup problems - Homegroup detected, can't join. @wit's end

Did you set the folders you are sharing to homegroup? Like say your pictures right click on it and set it to share with the homegroup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/184029-homegroup-problems-homegroup-detected-cant-join-wits-end.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi there I've recently switched ISP and upon doing so I'm no longer able to use a homegroup Each ISP provides a modem router which is capable of both wireless and wired networking My setup looks something like PC - Desktop Computer wired in to the router PC - Laptop Another (Tried Everything) Homegroup Problem Computer using wireless on the same router of course to access the network Before making the router switch I was using a homegroup just fine I'm not sure if the problem herein lies in the router or the fact that the network itself has been switched I've tried everything I've been able to find online including Running the homegroup troubleshooter on both computers Leaving and rejoining the homegroup on both computers Tried hosting the homegroup on each computer Deleted my idstore sst file in my quot C Windows ServiceProfiles LocalService Another Homegroup Problem (Tried Everything) AppData Roaming PeerNetworking quot directory on both computers Ensured that IPv Networking was enabled on both computers by checking my registry value And more that I'm probably forgetting here I am Another Homegroup Problem (Tried Everything) able to see networked computers upon checking network places I am able to create a homegroup on PC and it is detected by PC and upon entering the correct password PC is unable to join the homegroup and it gives the error quot Homegroup has encountered an error quot I am UNABLE to detect a homegroup that is created by PC - That is if I try to make a homegroup hosted by PC PC still says quot There is no current homegroup would you like to create a homegroup quot or something along those lines That makes me think there is a problem somewhere in the network I have checked my router by logging in to it and seeing if there's anything that stands out that may not cause problems with this but I'm not able to see anything Upon running quot ipconfig quot on both computers they are both in fact connected to the same router ie quot x quot I understand I could use a Workgroup but that's not the solution I'm looking for At this point it has come down to frustration with my lack of understanding of what's going on behind the scenes here and would like to fix this more so for the knowledge Any help is appreciated and I'm able to post any information regarding my machines though I won't be able to do so until later tonight Thanks for the help Jordan

A:Another Homegroup Problem (Tried Everything)

Have you checked your firewall on both machines?

See: Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - HomeGroup and Firewall Interaction

Any new anti-virus installed or anything like that which maybe blocking ports?
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/195289-another-homegroup-problem-tried-everything.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I'm having an issue with Windows 7 Homegroup. I have 2 systems, one a desktop wired and a notebook connected wirelessly. The existing router is a Netgear N600. Yesterday, I was attempting to download a 2gb file from my desktop to my notebook and it hung for a minute or so before starting the download, which was going at a rate of about 10 kb / sec. Now, I am no longer able to access any of the drives from my desktop (I was previously able to do so) and when I change the Homegroup sharing settings, none of the boxes I check off are being saved. Anyone know what could have caused this?

A:Homegroup problem

Have you tried to leave the Home group on both machines then create a new one?

If it won't let you leave the Home group there are ways to fix that problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221804-homegroup-problem.html
Relevancy 43.86%

OK, just built 2 Windows 7 64-bit boxes with the 7000 beta build. One is a desktop, the other a laptop. I connect wirelessly with my laptop, create the network and tag it as a 'Home Network'. Connect over the LAN with the desktop. When I try to create a Homegroup from the laptop, it errors saying I must be part of a 'Home Network' to join/create a Homegroup. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this?

A:Homegroup Problem

When you set both computers up at install did you select home user on both?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/1533-homegroup-problem.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Desktop has laptop has I'd like to connect them in a Homegroup but cannot No problems creating a Homegroup on the laptop but I cannot create one on the desktop Also Homegroup @#$%! problem can't turn on media file sharing on the desktop I click the button and the circle goes around and around for - seconds when it's finished it's still off But I can change all the other @#$%! Homegroup problem advanced settings in @#$%! Homegroup problem the Home Or Work Profile and in the Public Profile In my Network and Sharing Center Location - Home network After the word quot HomeGroup quot it's got the link that says Ready to create I click Create Now and get an error quot A homegroup can only be created on a Home network To change your network location open Network and Sharing Center in Control Panel quot Yeah OK I've been doing that a gazillion times and every time it says I'm in a Home network So I try to avoid the middleman by directly going to Homegroup in the control panel Can't make one that way either Network Discovery - on File Sharing - on Public Folder Sharing - on Password protection -off Allow Windows homegroup to manage homegroup connections - on Like I said I can turn on or off all advanced settings in my private profile as well as my public profile except Media File Sharing No on off combo whatsoever lets me create a Homegroup After I change a setting I restart just in case it doesn't change without doing so Nope IPv - turned off Nope Turned back on Nope I turn off Windows firewall for Home profile as well as the Public profile Nope I turn it on Nope I turn one off and the other on Nope The only installation difference between my two computers is that I created a Homegroup during the laptop's install but I did not with the desktop's install no good reason why just did it that way But everything I've read says it doesn't matter if you don't create a Homegroup during the install Maybe that's not true Both computers use a static IP Desktop cable goes to the router The laptop is wireless This is driving me nuts I've searched the forums tried lots of suggestions and can't find a solution Anyone have a clue Thanks

A:@#$%! Homegroup problem

Well, geez - two seconds after I posted my problem, I've got it working. My solution: when you create a homegroup you get a box that asks you what you want to share. All of them are clicked on by default, except one called Documents. I had been clicking on Documents every time because the only thing I care about sharing right now are documents.

Lo and behold, I leave Documents unchecked (still leave alone the other check boxes) and it worked.

OK, so anyone have a clue why checking Documents does NOT work?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/5001-homegroup-problem.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I've been having a problem getting the homegroup setup on a friends network. Problem is that neither computer can see that a homegroup is setup on the other. I've tried it both ways. Things I've tried/checked:

There are 2 computers in the network, and they are both on the same network.

Clocks are synchronized.

The network is set to "home" on both PC's.

I've verified the necessary services are running.

Firewalls are disabled.

IPv6 is enabled.

Network discovery is on.

I'm not sure where to go from here so any help is appreciated.

**Note: I can see each computer on the network, problem is in the homegroup.

A:Homegroup problem...

both running windows 7 ?

have a read here
Cannot join a Windows 7 computer to a HomeGroup!

also have you tried ping each PC - if not we can go through those steps

get an ipconfig /all from each PC and then use the IP address and ping that IP address from the other PC
heres how

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

For Windows 8
to open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "IPv4 Address" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all for the other PC}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/homegroup-problem-678324.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have 2 home PC's that are both running 8.1 Pro x64. The Homegroup exists on my PC with a password. When I try to enter that password on PC #2 is says that Windows can no longer detect the homegroup. When I use network inside of File Explorer on PC #2 and click on my PC (PC #1) it pops up with a domain login window with PC #2's location.

Both PC's are members of the workgroup "WORKGROUP"

I did full sharing on both machines for public, private and All network options and I also disabled blank passwords on both machines under Local Security Policy / Security Options.

Thanks,

Spidey

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/63437-homegroup-problem.html
Relevancy 43.86%

after setting up windows 7 on all 3 home computers, cannot seem to get them to network, believe the problem is that one computer has network2, another has network, and the 3rd system shows banner as the networks. does anyone know how i can fix this problem. connecting through 2wire modem/router thanks for any help in advance

A:homegroup problem

So all the machines are connected to the modem/router via ethernet?

Can you provide ipconfig /all details of each of the machines? this is a fast way to tell if the machines are on the same network, or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/65490-homegroup-problem.html
Relevancy 43.86%

hy. my name is zahid and i am new in in win 8 forum.
i have hy a 32 bit PC on witch window 8 pro 32 bit is install and a laptop with 64 bit processer on wich window 8 pro 32 bit is install . i want to make a home group but problem is that when i make a home group on any of one it does not access by other pc or laptop please tell me problem .

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26486-homegroup-problem.html
Relevancy 43.86%

hi all this is my first post so be gentle please My Problem - When I turn on my pc problem HomeGroup the first screen that shows up is the stock windows screen however there is a box with 'HomeUserGroup ' and a request for a password This is to get to my personal desktop I have never set up a Homegroup on this pc and hence have no idea of the password i'm asked for So in the bottom left hand corner there is an option for me to open another 'login HomeGroup problem box' with my name in it I click on this and another box appears exactly same as the HomeUser box only this has my name in it and I enter my Microsoft password and hey presto I've arrived at my personal desktop My account is the only 'User Account' on this pc I cannot find any trace of 'HomeUserGroup' in control panel As far as I can see there is no trace of HomeUserGroup on this PC So I am totally baffled as to why the above happens and as you can guess it's a right pain in the butt Any ideas suggestions etc as to why what is going on will be greatly appreciated any questions will be answered as good as I can if you need more info Thanks in Advance Mark

A:HomeGroup problem

Hello bouffant

The HomeUserGroup$ is a built-in account for the HOMEGROUP access.

If you look at the following tutorial it will show you how to view the various accounts on your system. User Account Details - View in Windows 10

It looks as if at some point you may have tried to set up an auto login. In the search box enter netplwiz - this should give you access to the run command for the User control panel. Make sure the check box it ticked as shown below:

See if this fixes it.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/41490-homegroup-problem.html
Relevancy 43.86%

OK here's the deal. I have 3 computers, 2 desktops connected via ethernet cables and one laptop connected via wireless. My computer which is the parent one can see both of the others. Both the others can see each other, but neither of them can see mine in the homegroup. They are also unable to ping my computer's IP address.

Relevancy 43.86%

I cannot join the homegroup from my laptop Couldnt join from my previous laptop either The same with my games pc But few days ago I homegroup problem did a format and reinstalled Windows bit created a homegroup from my internet pc and the homegroup problem games pc joined the homegroup without problems in seconds They all have the same version of Windows I am really puzzled why the games pc joined the homegroup now and homegroup problem before didnt It had the same version of Windows before too But what makes me wonder is why the laptop isnt' joining I formated and installed the same Windows almost at the same time as the games pc It always says that the password is wrong The homegroup settings of the laptop are the same as that of the games pc The only difference is that the laptop connects wirelessly to the router instead of cable I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas why this is happening

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/homegroup-problem-511174.html
Relevancy 43.86%

DSL modem feeding a LinkSys router one computer using Windows Home Premium -bit the other -bit A few days ago I enabled wireless on HomeGroup Problem the router and both computers can access the Internet I then started working on setting up a HomeGroup to share files printers etc and HomeGroup Problem that is where I've encountered problems namely that the two computers won't talk to each other I followed the fine step-by-step HomegGoup setup instructions I found under the rubric of quot Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows Homegroup quot In addition based on information on the Comodo forums I created a Trusted Network at and HomeGroup Problem the first set being the LinkSys Router The last test I conducted was to disable Comodo in the Windows startup group on both computers rebooted and tried HomeGroup again Both computers show that they are members of a HomeGroup using the same password but even with Comodo disabled--or so I thought--the two computers won't talk to each other With Comdo supposedly disabled however the Windows Action Center on both computers shows that both the Windows Fire Wall and Comodo Firewall are active I thought that the Comodo Trusted Network I had set up would allow inter-computer communications and I also thought that disabling Comodo and restarting would allow HomeGroup to work Alas so far no luck assistance gladly accepted

A:HomeGroup Problem

Lots of views, no replies, so I'm going to post one: Am I correct that the router has to support IPv6 in order for Homegroups to work? If so, an on-line search a few minutes ago would indicate that a Linksys WRT54GL does not do so.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200132-homegroup-problem.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi - I have a Netbook, a Laptop and a Desktop - all running Windows 7 and on the same Homegroup. The Netbook is fine and can see both the others but the other two can only see each other and not the Netbook. I tried the Troubleshooter to no effect. Curiously, they can all see each other on the Network heading! Can anyone help please?

Which antivirus software or third party firewall are you using?

This can also be a permissions issue, if permissions aren't granted to a particular Homegroup User account you won't be able to see that machine in the Homegroup network list.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ns.html?filter

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/86845-homegroup-problem.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I'm unable to create a home group. when i try to do so, i'm getting an error message saying "Windows just detected an existing homegroup. To join it, click ok, and then open homegroup in control panel."

But the problem is, i don't have any existing homegroup on my pc. at the same time, there were no any other devices connected to my network. i tried with a pc aswell. but it didn't work,

When i try to join, i'm getting an error like,

I'm running on win 8. i tried to clear all files on the folder "C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking" and tried restarting the homegroup provider and listener and they were running. And ipv6 is also enabled. any clues guys????

A:Problem with Homegroup

Hey mate,

Just to make sure you know what it is, and how to set it up, here is a step-by-step tutorial on it: HomeGroup from start to finish - Windows Help

No one else is connected to your WiFi, are they? It is password protected so neighbors cannot connect? That might have something to do with it. If you have a very weak password, consider changing your router password to something not easily guessed. If you still have a problem, troubleshoot here:HomeGroup problems in Windows - Windows Help

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/54145-problem-homegroup.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I recently installed win on all our home computers laptops and desktops before win we had a homegroup and were sharing printers etc now the homegroups homegroup Problem with seem to have gotten totally messed up with the install of win Three of our computers are win home and are windows pro When I go into homegroup it Problem with homegroup says You have been invited to join a homegroup and when I go the computer that it was supposedly set up on it has same message but sends me back to the other one to get the password Cannot get past password screen because there appears to be no way possible to retrieve the password from any of the computers and they all have the same message about being invited to join and to enter password It is driving us nuts Isnt there any Problem with homegroup way possible to just start the whole homegroup process over and to set it up on one computer and then go to the others and join Also of the computers are bit and are bit if that makes difference Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated Bob H

A:Problem with homegroup

Originally Posted by bigbobh

I recently installed win 10 on all our home computers 2 laptops and 4 desktops. before win 10 we had a homegroup and were sharing printers etc now the homegroups seem to have gotten totally messed up with the install of win 10. Three of our computers are win 10 home and 3 are windows 10 pro. When I go into homegroup it says You have been invited to join a homegroup and when I go the computer that it was supposedly set up on it has same message but sends me back to the other one to get the password. Cannot get past password screen because there appears to be no way possible to retrieve the password from any of the 6 computers and they all have the same message about being invited to join and to enter password. It is driving us nuts. Isnt there any way possible to just start the whole homegroup process over and to set it up on one computer and then go to the others and join? Also 3 of the computers are 32 bit and 3 are 64 bit if that makes difference.
Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Bob H

This problem seems to have resolved itself. On Aug 5 Microsoft did an update and on the morning of Aug 6 the homegroup function was working properly on all my pcs so I have no Idea what happened .

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/12766-problem-homegroup.html
Relevancy 43.86%

i tried to connect to a homegroup, with a win 7 HP to a win 7 pro, but it says it can't connect as it needs ipv6

whats the point in it at all then, as i believe most folk have ipv4

Homegroup is only between Win7 machines. IPv6 is included in Win7 but in some instances requires a registry hack to fully enable. There are threads here detailing this particular fix.

Here is one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/49970-homegroup-problem.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello I am new to this forum and I have been having a problem when I cannot create or Join a home group.
I have IPV6 enabled and the other machine is running windows 7 is this a problem?
If not could any sloutions below be basic because I am such a newbie when it come to windows thanks
And If its needed I own an acer Aspire NC-V5-122P-42154G50NSS

Image showing that IPV6 is enabled

A:HomeGroup problem

I can't say what the problem might be with limited information but the link below has a Homegroup trouble shooter which may help you to narrow down the problem. The other machine being Windows 7 isn't a problem.

After going through the trouble shooter, let me know if you have any questions.

Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows 7 HomeGroup Connection Issues - Help Desk Geek

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/31912-homegroup-problem.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I am a year old In Feb Vietnam Veteran now disabled by a stroke I am getting very frustrated by not being able to setup a Home group It previously worked very good even sharing a printer I don t remember exactly but it appears that it stopped working after I changed my router Presently using a Belkin N router desktop is a Dell s with Windows home premium and Norton Internet Security Suite Laptop is an Acer Aspire also with Windows home premium and Norton Internet Security Suite Homegroup Problem Both are X I created the home group on the desktop and when I try to join the group on my Homegroup Problem laptop it says Windows cannot setup a home group on this computer I ve run the troubleshooter several times on both computers clocks are synchronized and router and modem have been reset Even after synching the clocks it would say that they were not on same time Then it would say it was an internet problem I uninstalled my Belkin router from both computers and reset router by unplugging everything including power and plugging back in and then installing router software back to computers I ve turned off Windows firewall and temporarily turned off the Smart firewall on the Norton IS Still won t setup home group I ve gone onto Microsoft help forums but have not seen anything that will help Has anyone got any suggestions that may help

Hi nolumo and Welcome to Seven Forums,

Have you tried disabling Norton Security completely? Click Windows Orb and type msconfig, click on it from the top, locate Services Tab and disable Norton temporarily.

Also, please follow the rest of my suggestions on this Post.
http://www.sevenforums.com/1719336-post2.html

An update will be nice.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/205276-homegroup-problem.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,
Ive recently just installed windows 7 on both our computers and we are using a linksys wrt54g router. I created an homegroup on computer A but then when I go to the homegroup section on computer B instead of asking me to join the already existing homegroup it asks me to create one and says thier is no homegroup on the network.

At one stage when i left a homegroup on computer B it recognised it and asked me to join. I entered the password and for about 5 minuets I could access the other computer, but then it just said that no other computers were available even when they were both on?

Any help would be appracated.

Thanks.

A:Problem with Homegroup

Quote: Originally Posted by ownedandout

Hi,
Ive recently just installed windows 7 on both our computers and we are using a linksys wrt54g router. I created an homegroup on computer A but then when I go to the homegroup section on computer B instead of asking me to join the already existing homegroup it asks me to create one and says thier is no homegroup on the network.

At one stage when i left a homegroup on computer B it recognised it and asked me to join. I entered the password and for about 5 minuets I could access the other computer, but then it just said that no other computers were available even when they were both on?

Any help would be appracated.

Thanks.

there is a really easy way to fix that. Use workgroup model instead oh homegroup. Homegroup has been shown to cause connectivity problems on some system.
Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/50551-problem-homegroup.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello! Good Day,

I have a problem regarding our homegroup windows 8.1 networking, why is it other member disconnects and need to join again, we have 14 members in a homegroup, also notice computers in a homegroup are running slow. What can be the cause of this situation sir. Thank you for the response if theres a good answer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/homegroup-problem-1091802.html
Relevancy 43.86%

i can't understand why i get this blue icon on my shared libraries instead of the yellow ones and it's on both computers on homegroup and i can't open any of them. the icon is attached to this message.

Try disabling any antivirus or firewall software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/homegroup-problem-580663.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I created a homegroup in PC.
I can access homegroup in laptop and access files in PC

But i cannot access files from PC to laptop through homegroups, nor i can see my laptop listed in network devices.

In PC i am running W7 Ultimate
In Laptop W7 Home Premium

A:Homegroup problem

if you are running an AV software, it usually installs a firewall that blocks more than it should. Uninstall it from both machines, and see if this is fixed. I had to remove McAfee on mine to make it work. I went with the free Microsoft Security Essentials program instead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/41892-homegroup-problem.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have two 500 GB HDDs, and I installed Windows 7 64bit on one, and 32 bit on the other. When im in my 64 bit OS, I can't access my 32 bit HDD. When im in the 32 bit OS I CAN access the 64bit HDD.
From 32 bit I can access
32bit HDD
64bit HDD

From 64 bit OS i can access
64bit HDD
Why is this?

Relevancy 43.86%

I have 2 desktop PC's, both hard-wired to a DSL router/gateway. One runs Win7 HP-64,
the other runs W2k sp4.

I had it set up so the 2 PC's shared a directory. File sharing worked OK.

The Win7 system presented me with one of those lovely screens that forced me
to choose between some undefined net options. "Homegroup" looked innocuous and I
selected it.

I now have no access to the other PC. Not at all what I needed.

In a nutshell, what is "Homegroup"? An MS artifact for Win7 systems only?

Can I just 'delete' "Homegroup" and regain my former local net access? If
it is Win7-only I have no use for it.

Thx,
Puddin'

A:"Homegroup" and non-Win7 PC's

I'm not an expert on HomeGroup but I believe it is a Windows 7 only compatible feature.

You can disable it by doing the following;

1. Open the Start Menu.
2. Type HomeGroup and press enter.
3. Look for and select 'Leave the Homegroup...'.

That should hopefully fix your issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/117817-homegroup-non-win7-pcs.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello all,

I am having troubles with my homegroup - I can see all the folders correctly; however on a number of them I cannot see the files inside the folders and have to manually select all the files within the folder and select Sharing - Homegroup - Read/Write.

It appears that I cannot force the sharing status to filter down from the root folder - is this so or is there any other way I can get my rather large music collection properly sharing?

A:Homegroup - files problem

Did you check up the Homegroup Tutorial?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/170194-homegroup-files-problem.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have just installed a D-Link DIR-655 wireless router where my desktop pc - Acer Aspire M5800 with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit is hard wired to my router and my labtop pc - Acer Aspire 7715Z with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit is connected wireless.
Everything worked fine until I create a Homegroup, now it takes over 10 minutes when I booting my pc before connects to the network.
After examination of the cases it appears that the service ?LanmanServer? hangs.
As soon as I disconnect the Homegroup, there is no problem with the LanmanServer and the pc is booting normally.
Is there anyone who can help?

A:Homegroup, problem with the LanmanServer

I havn't heard of this exact problem yet so I would start by leaving the homegroup from both machines.
Homegroup - Leave

After that I would recreate the Homegroup from the other machine this time and see if it works any differently.
Homegroup - Create

If you are still having problems then I would check this Homegroup trouble shooting list and see if you can find any problems.

Homegroup issues

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/112120-homegroup-problem-lanmanserver.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have 2 Computers and they both have windows 7 on them, Network discovery is on. I can see them if I click on "Network" link, but if I click on the "Homegroup" link no pc's show up even though they are all in a homegroup.

Relevancy 43.43%

I ve just bought a new laptop with Windows Premium on I already have a desktop with Win Ultimate on I am trying to set up the homegroup so I can stream videos Homegroup/Airport problem. from my desktop to laptop The laptop couldn t detect the desktop s homegroup but the desktop could detect the laptop s I connected the desktop to the laptop s network The same applies now I can see the laptop on the desktop but the desktop doesn t show up on the laptop I ve checked the Homegroup/Airport problem. settings and they are both identical so I can t understand why one works and the other doesn t My desktop has AVG AV FW which the laptop doesn t only AVG free AV My desktop is also having trouble detecting my airport express in itunes which the laptop can see so I m assuming there is a configuration issue with the desktop s network connectivity somewhere I have tried disabling the AVG firewall but that didn t work My desktop wireless adaptor is a Netgear WN v with latest drivers I really need assistance with this issue Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Homegroup/Airport problem.

Uninstall AVG (desktop) and run the Removal Tool.

Some people have found Homegroups to be very easy to setup and convenient to use; others have just given up and used "regular" file sharing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/homegroup-airport-problem.953916/
Relevancy 43.43%

I'm having problems hooking up to my media center computer in the main room We share internet wired and I use my room computer sometimes to watch stuff from my media computer Both are running Windows and recently I have had Homegroup Problem Networking serious problems with accessing the media computer from my room computer I access it then it starts dropping connections left and right whether or not I'm copying from the computer or watching stuff straight from its hard drives I would say it's the ethernet cord that extends across the house but I get pitch-perfect Internet connection from the modem in the main room It used to work just fine and now it doesn't but I don't really know if I did something as it would probably interfere with the Internet connection Have tried from Homegroup Networking Problem other computers temporarily wired in and have had the same problem What are some solutions to explore with two wired computers that keeps dropping connections but can't be blamed on the cord Thanks

A:Homegroup Networking Problem

After a few more tests, most of the time it connects but doesn't hold on. The two are not part of the same homegroup (but they never were and still connected fine).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/113545-homegroup-networking-problem.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi

Several months ago I created a Home Group and all was working fine. I hadn't made use of it in a while and the password has since gone from my memory.

The problem I'm having is I can see under the Network tab that both PC's are connected but I am unable to grant/change access to any folders because I do not know the password I set which it prompts for when trying to add folder access to another pc.

When I go to Home Group page in Windows the only option I have is to join the Home Group that I already created? And the option to change the password is not selectable (This is the pc I set the Home Group up with).

Any ideas on where to start?

A:Another Windows 10 HomeGroup problem

Control Panel/All Control Panel Items/HomeGroup Look for View or print the homegroup password.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38284-another-windows-10-homegroup-problem.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have been attempting to set up a Homegroup but every time I try, I get a message stating that "Ipv6 must be enabled in order to join or setup a Homegroup". When I check my network connection properties, Ipv6 is checked which I assume means it's enabled. Can anyone give me some direction what to do or look for to allow me to set up a homegroup?? I'm using an open DNS. Could that be the problem???

A:Homegroup Ipv6 problem

This page should help you to fix that particular problem but I'll repost here just to make it easier for you. Open DNS shouldn't be a problem.

HomeGroup get an error of must have IPv6 enabled

1. Temporarily disable Firewall and third party antivirus program on the computer for a test.

2. Verify relevant services
=========================
a. Click "Start", type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in Search Bar and press Enter.

Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

b. Right click the "Peer Networking Grouping" service and choose Properties.
c. Please check if the service is started; if not, please click the Start button and see if it works.
d. You may also choose Automatic next to Startup type.
e. Click OK.
f. Please repeat the above steps with another service: PNRP Machine Name Publication Service.

3. Modify IPv6 registry key to enable IPV6
==========================
a. Click Start, type regedit in Search Bar, and then click regedit in the Programs list.

Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.

b. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TCPIP6\Parameters

c. Check whether the "DisabledComponents" registry key exists. If so, let's move on the next steps.

d. Double click the "DisabledComponents" registry key and modify the value to 0.

(If the key doesn't exist, please create the key above and assign the value 0)

e. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

After doing this procedure if you have any more problems setting up your Homegroup this Homegroup trouble shooter should help.
http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/wi...-to-homegroup/

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/115332-homegroup-ipv6-problem.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have two computers, both running Windows 7 Ultimate. They are linked by a wireless network through a TP-Link wireless router. The main computer is named 'Office', as that's where I use it. The second computer is called 'Class' and is situated in a room where I teach, adjacent to the office. My problem: The 'Office' computer is online 24/7. The 'Class' computer is only used when I am teaching. When I turn the 'Class' computer on, I can never connect to the 'Homegroup' without rebooting the 'Office' computer, which is really annoying. Many files that I use for teaching are on the 'Office' computer, so I need the 'Homegroup' connection. After a reboot of the 'Office' computer, everything works! How can I avoid having to reboot like this? Is there something wrong with the setup? Any advice would be very helpful, thank you.

A:Homegroup networking problem

I will be glad to teamview your computers to see what is wrong with it.

I see that using a TP Link Wireless Router and being on This later well (Eastern Standard Time) United States... you are not exactly in the states are you... so i'll be more than happy to help you with it. I am pretty good messing with the IPv4 and IPv6.

Being that this is a out of the country router meaning non-dlink non-linksys non-netgear... (I am assuming) it will take me a little bit to look around to see your setup. Then I can work on that.

With teamviewer....I can see your desktop if you would like to do chat and you can follow instructions or I can have full access to your desktop as you watch. If you are intested.... here is the link to team viewer...

TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet

Thanks
Kevin

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/84808-homegroup-networking-problem.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My Homegroup problem permissions Homegroup was working perfectly between my PC and laptop and then without knowingly changing anything the Homegroup libraries just stopped appearing I left the Homegroup on both computers restarted them and created and joined a new Homegroup From my PC it all works perfectly but from my laptop the folders appear but I'm not able to open them because it says I don't have permission At first it did ask for a user id and password on the laptop for my PC but I do not use a password on my PC so that login failed Since then it hasn't asked again for the user ID and password just tells me I don't have permission The files are shared with the Homegroup read write on the Homegroup permissions problem PC Passwood protected sharing is turned off on both laptop and PC Also when I click the various libraries to be shared on my PC in the Homegroup permissions problem Homegroup settings box Photos Videos Documents etc and press Save the screen refreshes with the ticks removed What am I missing Thanks for any help

A:Homegroup permissions problem

Have a look at this tutorial: Permissions - Allow or Deny Users and Groups

This one may help too: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...tart-to-finish

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/226133-homegroup-permissions-problem.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello I problem Homegroup connection have two Windows Pro computers For the Homegroup they both have the same password yet Homegroup connection problem both say that no other computers are currently available Under the network icon I can see the other computer but when I map a network drive each require a username and password Neither computer requires a logon Both computers belong to Workgroup I thought this was supposed to be automatic Initially I did get a couple of drives showing I'm not sure what happened but the mapped network folders were showing one way but never seemed to work very well and the client computer didn't recognize a Homegroup password I fixed that but now I can't get any further Computers - just one problem after another Tiring Well this may have something to do with it On System Properties Computer Name Network ID I changed both computers to read 'This is a home computer ' and restarted Now I see that neither selection actually changed When I look again both selections still read 'This computer is part of a business network ' I'm still working on it This should have maybe been obvious but I had all the 'Share Libraries unchecked - except printers I could see the printer I don't use libraries I don't really have any convenient use for them What I want is simply the other computer and all of it's drives showing in the navigation pane I thought that's what was going to show - the whole computer Not just libraries That's what I'm trying to do Show each computer in its entirety I am utterly baffled by what Microsoft thinks a home computer user needs Years ago I had two XP computers connected Took me minutes Everything up All the drives showed and worked perfectly Never a single problem I have got the Homegroup libraries to show And I shared a 'user' folder I turn off password protected sharing but I still get a requirement to enter a username and password when I try to open it

A:Homegroup connection problem

I have 2 W7, 1 Vista U, and a XP box and was struggling to get everyone taking to each other. I fought pass words and login names. I turned all pass word requirements off in all boxes, now they work fine and it was all automatic.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301728-homegroup-connection-problem.html
Relevancy 43.43%

We have Asus with on printer Homegroup Problem laptops Problem with printer on Homegroup both running Windows We created a homegroup and can access both computers with no problem We are now trying to share a printer HP Laserjet it is connected to computer and works fine when we print from that computer The printer shows up on computer but when we try to print from the printer does not respond but it does show the document in the print queue when we check it on the control panel of computer Turning the printer off and on makes no difference HOWEVER after computer has been turned off Problem with printer on Homegroup the printer prints that document in the queue when computer is turned on again the computer doesn't even have to be fully booted up it just has to start opening Windows I'm not very computer savvy so I hope someone has a simple answer PS I forgot to mention that I have downloaded the latest drivers to both machines Also computer is wired to a modem computer is wireless on the homegroup network

A:Problem with printer on Homegroup

Search the forums for Windows 7 and USB printing, you will find many many threads on this. Seems that Windows 7 does not share USB printers well.

My suggestion as I have given in other threads is to purchase a USB to Network device and put the printer on the network directly. Then all machines can print to it, plus you don't have to leave a machine on to print. This seems to work the best and will give you the least headaches.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114674-problem-printer-homegroup.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello people I know this is just another topic on homegroup problems but I did a search around the forum and could not find anything that looks like my kind of trouble so here I am asking for sharing problem Homegroup and your help The situation is this Homegroup and sharing problem I have a desktop PC and a laptop both running Windows The Pc is wired-ly connected to a DLink router while the notebook uses wireless connection to the same network What I did try was to set up a homegroup on the laptop in order to have something shared with the PC but I could not get the PC to see anything of the shared libraries What's strange is that I can see both computers in Network Both are using ESET Smart security and while testing I tried turning off both computers' firewalls or setting them to Learning mode but no prompts appeared so I could not allow the requested connection What bothers me more is that after - minutes the computers stopped seeing each other and also I could ping one to the other Does anyone have suggestions for me to try in order to solve the problem I mean homegroups are meant to make our lives easier aren't they

A:Homegroup and sharing problem

Homegroups is mostly for media sharing of large files...pictures, music and entire collections refered to as library's which are able to be shared easily from one computer to the other.

The thing is that you don't have to use it at all in order to share things.

If you plan on using homegroups you need to set it up on both computers and be sure and write down the password that Windows shows you for Homegroups.

For general sharing you don't need to use passwords unless you want the extra security "good idea".

If your PC is not seeing the laptop you just need to enable more settings "there are quite a few that need to be checked".

I'll just post a screen shot of a functional network shareing to show you what needs to be checked. For security you may want to turn off some of them when you aren't sharing, especially the public sharing one. You can also turn off the password protected sharing to make it easier to share but it will be less secure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/28874-homegroup-sharing-problem.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello all Let me begin first by saying you guys have an awesome website and community and I hope to become a part of it Problem computer homegroup with I come to you today with a problem Problem with homegroup computer I have a homegroup setup at Problem with homegroup computer my house It consists of my desktop and two laptops My printer which is attached to this desktop is having trouble sharing to one of the laptops The other one has no problem contacting it I used the printer setup wizard and everything its installed on the laptop but when I print nothing happen with the printer then on the screen Problem with homegroup computer I get a message that says quot document s pending for username quot I right click it on select quot open all active printers quot and it says Untitled - Error printing So I troubleshoot it It says quot A print job in the print queue is preventing other print jobs from printing Fixed quot BUt when I try to print again I get the same problem and it just continues in cycles from there please jelp

A:Problem with homegroup computer

Hi Haunter44, welcome to sevenforums. It sounds like there is something wrong with the laptop that can't print. Check your settings for the homegroup. Here is a tutorial if you need it:- Homegroup - Add Computer or Join
Just checking, but, are your running the same OS on all 3 machines?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/179879-problem-homegroup-computer.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I bought a new laptop running Win Home Premium and I set up a Homegroup with another laptop running Win Pro I took the Win Pro laptop on a trip and reconnected to the Homegroup when I returned The Win Pro laptop had no screen saver set up The Win Home Premium laptop was set up with a screen saver Once I returned and reconnected the Win Pro laptop had the same screen saver setting as the Win HP laptop No one has access to the Win Pro laptop except me and I never set up a screen saver on that box The only explanation I can think of is that the settings transferred from one laptop to the other over the Homegroup Is that possible Or do I have to look for a paranormal explanation While it's not particularly problematic in the screen saver instance it could be hugely problematic if other settings were modified from one laptop to another

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win-7-homegroup-settings-problem-568868.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have installed Windows 7 on my PC and laptop.

One problem I have though is that I have created a Homegroup on my PC, I have a password and all seems fine, but on the laptop it does not recognise that there is a Homegroup on the network.

If I try to create a Homegroup on the laptop I get the message: "Your network connection must have IPv6 enabled to create or join a homegroup. To enable IPv6, start the HomeGroup troubleshooter."

The thing is, I DO have IPv6 enabled!!

Any ideas?

Relevancy 43.43%

I have two pc s in my home One running windows BIT and one running Win bit I created a home group on the laptop as I want to grab some files from the laptop and bring over to the Desktop unit the desktop unit is the problem Homegroup setup one running BIT win Both machines have different names and the Homegroup setup problem clock is set with the right time When I create the home group on my Laptop and select files that I want to share the basic libraries ARE viewable on the Desktop machine I can see Documents Pictures FOLDERS but I cannot open them I can also change the password on the Laptop and then PC will be able to enter the correct password to join the homegroup so I know they can see each other But again not able to open the folders If I go on my Laptop computer and quot right click quot on a folder and then go to quot share with quot the default is set to quot nobody quot with a lock icon next to it If I select quot Homegroup quot it does not change It stays locked with quot nobody quot I don t know what is going on I need help I am not an expert Thanks

A:Homegroup setup problem

I have never used this new windows 7 sharing type, but here is what I picked up from some reading. In order to use the homegroup type of file sharing, each computer must have the same login and password. That means that your username must be the same as well as the same password. Also, homegroup must be turned on in both computers it seems. You can check that by going to start > control panel > network and sharing center. here you will see your active networks. both computers must have the active network set as a home network. It can't be work network or public. If it is, change both to home by clicking on the words work network or public network. After those are set, on the left side of the screen, click on change advanced sharing settings in both computers and under home and work change homegroup connections to allow windows to mange.

Of course if you don't want to go through all that, you can right click the folder, choose share with > specific people and select your normal login account name and then when you connect to the shared drive, enter your normal login name and password and you should be able to see the files then.

If either computer has the network type set to public, this will probably make windows firewall stop this type of file activity, so change them to home.

I'm not sure if any of this will help, but that's my best advice.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407608/homegroup-setup-problem/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a desktop PC and a laptop connected on one modem and I want to join it but when I want to join it it says that "your network connection must have IPv6 enabled to to create or join a homegroup". But I have it enabled at the properties of my connection, must I enabled it somewhere else to or what? Please help and it says that my Diagnostics Policy Service is not running how do I get that running?

Help me please?

A:problem joining a homegroup, please help???

Here is some screens......>>

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/86210-problem-joining-homegroup-please-help.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi everybody.
I have a big problem in homegroup configuration. To Clarify this is my set up:
Router is in the living room.
Computer PC 1 connected via ethernet cable in the living room.
Computer loptop 2 in bed room connected via wireless.
When computer 2 is connected via ethernet cable to router, homegroup is working and every thing is ok. but when use WiFi, I can't access to shared files.
Both PC and loptop have win 8.1 enterprise OS.

I really confused, any suggest?

A:Problem with homegroup configration

If this is a single router then the wireless may be using some type of guest account which could isolate it from the normal network.

I may be able to spot problems if I could see the ipconfig/all when connected from both the wireless and wired connection.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/41875-problem-homegroup-configration.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I can set to share printers and documents to share but when I recheck they are both turned off. Any attempt to set them on in "Setting, Network, Homegroup" just cycles forever. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

A:Homegroup sharing problem

Turn off Homegroup and use regular Network Sharing.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/51674-homegroup-sharing-problem.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi I am Windows with Problem 7 HomeGroup Fabio and I am from Argentina so I apologize in advance 'cause my Windows 7 Problem with HomeGroup english is not too good I have a problem with my two computers I have two desktop PC's with Windows Ultimate my PC connects via ethernet to a Linksys Windows 7 Problem with HomeGroup WRT G router my brother's does the same via Wi-Fi The two PC's have Internet no problem with that The PC's are configured to be in the Homegroup they see each other and all I shared some folders on each one but this is the problem from the ethernet connected PC I can see and access files on the Wi-Fi connected one but from the Wi-Fi one I can see but NOT ACCESS the files from the ethernet PC WINDOWS TELLS ME EVERY TIME ERROR CODE X NETWORK PATH NOT FOUND I have Windows Firewall on both of them I do not use Norton McAfee or any other Firewall I deactivated the firewall on both PC's and nothing I can ping each PC with the IP number and also by name no problem with that I don't know what else to do Please help me Thanks and sorry for my english again

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-problem-with-homegroup-506307.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Yesterday I created my homegroup for my desktop win7ultimate32-bit, all other laptop joined and i tried to send file and its ok. but today i tried to see the files on my desktop from my laptop, it shows incorrect files ( it shows only yesterday file and not up to date), so I decided to leave from homegroup and put all my desktop and laptop to leave my homegroup, then I want to create again the homegroup, it said windows cannot create homegroup on this computer, I'm so panic, I used all the step told in many forum like deleting files in peernetworking folder, reinstall antivirus and many more, please help me, thanks

Updated : when i tried to do the troubleshooting for homegroup, it said "you are not connected to a homegroup" not fixed. thank you

A:a very strange problem about my homegroup

I recommend removing the old homegroup from all your computers. It does not matter what computer creates the homegroup, just that it is created.

Create a new homegroup. Join all your computers to it, one by one.

If this works, then make sure all the shared settings are enabled. Make sure you know where you are storing the files, and that you are looking in the right place (the public folders are DIFFERENT from your default ones).

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/92975-very-strange-problem-about-my-homegroup.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi

I have started a homegroup on my PC but I can`t see anything on my laptop to join to . . .
Is there any thing I`m Missing ??

I`m Using an ADSL modem-router And I can ping both computers from each other.
also I`m Using nod32 as my antivirous-firewall and I even tried creating a homegroup when the firewall was disabled but it didn`t work !!!

So ????

A:A Problem In Sharing Through A Homegroup

Quote: Originally Posted by danytondar

Hi

I have started a homegroup on my PC but I can`t see anything on my laptop to join to . . .
Is there any thing I`m Missing ??

I`m Using an ADSL modem-router And I can ping both computers from each other.
also I`m Using nod32 as my antivirous-firewall and I even tried creating a homegroup when the firewall was disabled but it didn`t work !!!

So ????

Maybe you should try going through this Homegroup trouble shooting guide first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243199-problem-sharing-through-homegroup.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I just tried to share some files with my Desktop (Win 7)PC from my Laptop and I get this pop-up asking for username and password yet my other desktop (running XP) works fine.
The Laptop (Win 7)shows up in my network on my desktop but just can't share either direction.
Any Advise?

OK Let me EDIT my post, I can share files from my laptop to my backup desktop I just can't get files from my main computer I get the message below.

Thank You

A:Homegroup Sharing Problem

Login with the desktop credentials.

This is based on the fact that you have both computers accounts with the same name?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/144767-homegroup-sharing-problem.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Have 3 computers, Win7 Pro on #1 & #2 and Home Edition on #3.

#2 can see/read #3 and visa versa as long as #1 is not on the network. #1 can see/read #3 and visa versa as long as #2 is not on the network. However #1 can not read #2 or visa versa. So it appears that #1 and #2 have a conflict. Have gone through trouble shooting on each computer and it makes #1 see, but not read, #2.

Possible source of the problem is #2 had same username (it was cloned from #1 originally) as #1 until I transferred #2 settings from previous computer using Windows Easy Transfer.

I went through #2's registry and removed #1's username as much as possible. There were a several places where windows would not let me change it. Could this be the problem or is there someplace where I can remove or change the old username?

A:Homegroup same username problem?

Homegroup should have no issues because of the same username on different computers. For instance I am using same usernames on every Windows PC I have and my homegroup works perfectly.

However, if two or more computers have the same computer name homegroup can naturally only access one of those.

First thing to check is the computer name of your two Windows 7 Professional computers, change other one if the PC name is the same.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/295923-homegroup-same-username-problem.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have two PC connected using a CROSSOVER Ethernet cable Cat E without a Hub Switch or Router first PC connected to internet through D-Link DSL- USB ADSL WAN Modem First PC network adapters -Realtek RTL B B Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS -D-Link with problem create homegroup DSL- USB ADSL WAN Modem Second PC network adapter Realtek RTL C P problem with create homegroup C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS I want to share my files and internet workgroup names are same Below image is taken from first PC Network and Sharing Center When I click Ready to create to create homegroup an error appear whit this message A homegroup can only be created on a home network To change your network location setting open Network and Sharing Center in Control Panel But my network type for Unidentified network is not clickable and is statistic When I click on Multiple Networks on top of this screen both PCs are visible and file sharing is possible but second PC don t have internet and multiple games can t find network ICS Internet Connection Sharing is configured radio buttonsof Turn on network discovery and Turn on file and printer sharing are enabled Can anyone help me Please

A:problem with create homegroup

Quote: Originally Posted by delbari

I have two PC connected using a CROSSOVER Ethernet cable (Cat5E) without a Hub , Switch or Router. first PC connected to internet through D-Link DSL-200 USB ADSL WAN Modem .
First PC network adapters:
1-Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)
2-D-Link DSL-200 USB ADSL WAN Modem
Second PC network adapter:
Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.2)
I want to share my files and internet.workgroup names are same .Below image is taken from first PC Network and Sharing Center.
Attachment 28270
When I click Ready to create to create homegroup , an error appear whit this message :
A homegroup can only be created on a home network.
To change your network location setting, open Network and Sharing Center in Control Panel.
But my network type for Unidentified network is not clickable and is statistic.
When I click on Multiple Networks on top of this screen both PCs are visible and file sharing is possible but second PC don’t have internet and multiple games can’t find network. ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) is configured .radio buttonsof Turn on network discovery and Turn on file and printer sharing are enabled.
Can anyone help me. Please

Do you just want to share between the 2 computers? If so you dont even need a homegroup

Let me know\

Ken

Edit: just noticed you say work group names are. You cant have a work group and a homegroup

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/25122-problem-create-homegroup.html
Relevancy 43.43%

So I had a quot build your own quot pc in the garage running W Ultimate bit and it was networked with my HP desktop in the house which had a TB external hd full of service manuals and stuff I wanted to access from the garage PC Worked like problem Homegroup permissions a dream before I recently had someone give me a newer HP Pavilion media center PC for my garage as an upgrade Well it didn't have W on it so I installed it Got the homegroup up and running and I can see both PC's from one another but certain subfolders it wont let me access namely my iTunes Media folder stored on the house PC's external HD Other files and Homegroup permissions problem folders on that drive are Homegroup permissions problem perfectly accessible It seems the iTunes Media folder and like My Pictures and certain things that were under maybe My Documents aren't able to be accessed Both PC's have the same username and password setup but I have turned password protected sharing off until I get this permission problem solved Im perplexed it was working great on the previous PC which was a pile of junk compared to this newer Media Center PC Thanks a bunch guys and gals

A:Homegroup permissions problem

In your control panel open network and sharing center and click on change advanced sharing settings. Under home or work you will want to make sure network discovery is on, file and printer sharing is on, public folder sharing on, and media streaming on. Attached below is a pic of my media streaming settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/245966-homegroup-permissions-problem.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi All

I am new to this forum and really hope you can help me out. I have purchased two new computers which are running windows 8.1. My Problem is I cannot get them to network. I have carried out all recommendations for setting up a homegroup, but to no avail.

Please Help!
Kenny.

A:HOMEGROUP & NETWORKING Problem

Firewall and/or Internet Security software is the usual culprit. They have to be on the same router also. Homegroup only shares Libraries. If you want to share just a specific folder, use regular Network Sharing.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60460-homegroup-networking-problem.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I thought setting up a Homegroup between two Win computers was supposed to be easy but so far no luck I created a new Homegroup on one of the computers and joined it on the other Both indicate that that are part of a Homegroup but when I click on Homegroup I get the message quot No other homegroup computers are currently available quot Both are actually running fine I then found that my Network Discovery is turned off and when I try to turn it on it immediately turns back off I read several forums which suggesed Setup Problem Homegroup I make sure a whole list of Services are Started and Automatic All of them are except Computer Browser When I try to start it I get the message quot Windows could not start the Computer Browser service on the local computer Error The specified service does not exist as an installed service quot That is where I am now and am stumped All I want to do is a little sharing why is it so hard Help

A:Homegroup Setup Problem

Try removing them both from the homegroup and connecting them again.

Or try doing this on both:

Start - Control Panel - Network and Sharing Center - Manage Wireless Networks, then remove all networks.

Then try connecting again and see if the issue persists.

This post may also help you:
http://infotechsolutions.wordpress.c...ocal-computer/

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/213205-homegroup-setup-problem.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have Windows 10 installed on my Laptop and I have connected it to my Desktop PC running Windows 7 using Homegroup.
I have enabled Advanced Sharing but still I am unable to connect to my Desktop PC from Laptop.

I am showing a video regarding this issue :

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53292-problem-connecting-other-pc-using-homegroup.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have an interesting homegroup issue.

I am moving out of the house where I have set up a network media stream to stream movies to the computers throughout the house. My computer got set as the server for homegroup. Everything worked great. WEll, now I am moving out , so I started a new homegroup on th media center computer, which is wired along with 4 others, They work great.
The problem is I have 2 wireless computers that can't connect. Left old homegroup, joined new one, Put in the password, it sits there for 5+ minutes then says an error has occured in homegroup, No code just cant connect. Whats the deal? why cant they connect? Keep in mind that nothing was changed on these 2 systems from when they were working. Anyone got any ideas? I have to get this solved quickly, before I leave. Thanx in advance.

A:Interesting Homegroup problem

What version of Windows 7 (Starter, Home Premium, etc.) on your computer and on the media center computer?

Are the problem PCs able to join the new Homegroup if they are connected by ethernet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/interesting-homegroup-problem.982882/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi There I got PCs A Desktop PC Windows Professional -bit B Media PC connected to TV Windows Professional -bit I'm trying to share <-> Problem sharing large files Win7) (Win7 the files on my Dektop PC so i can access them from the Media PC As it is a Media PC i'm sharing videos I enabled sharing on the Folders with the Files in it There Problem sharing large files (Win7 <-> Win7) is no problem accessing the shared folders from the Media PC I can properly browse through the folder structer and i'm able to see the files I can also copy small files created a txt Files without problems But if Problem sharing large files (Win7 <-> Win7) i'm trying to open or copy a video file approx MB nothing happens The quot copy window quot says Speed bytes s for a while and then an error message saying quot There was a problem accessing the file quot There is also another issue that is maybe connected to this one I'm running a http based media server on my Desktop pc to stream videos to my popcornhour streaming box Since i tried to share the folders i'm not able to stream videos anymore but i can browse through all my media files via http interface Hope someone can help me Cheers

A:Problem sharing large files (Win7 <-> Win7)

There could be a few problmes. Your host computer could not be fast enough (not a good enough processor/not enough ram)
The recieveing computer may not be fast enough either.
Also, there could be a problem becuase the router can't handle it.

Let us know,
Ben

Quote: Originally Posted by robert0

Hi There,
I got 2 PCs...
A: Desktop PC, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

B: Media PC (connected to TV), Windows 7 Professional 32-bit

I'm trying to share the files on my Dektop PC so i can access them from the Media PC. As it is a Media PC i'm sharing videos. I enabled sharing on the Folders with the Files in it.
There is no problem accessing the shared folders from the Media PC, I can properly browse through the folder structer and i'm able to see the files. I can also copy small files (created a .txt Files) without problems. But if i'm trying to open or copy a video file (approx. 250MB) nothing happens. The "copy window" says Speed: 0 bytes/s for a while and then an error message saying "There was a problem accessing the file".

There is also another issue that is maybe connected to this one. I'm running a http based media server on my Desktop pc to stream videos to my popcornhour (streaming box). Since i tried to share the folders i'm not able to stream videos anymore... but i can browse through all my media files via http interface.

Hope someone can help me.

Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/70865-problem-sharing-large-files-win7-win7.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi,

So I reinstall my windows. This computer create the homegroup with password that every other computer in the house connected to. So now I'm trying to connect to that homegroup but with no success("windows cant set up homegroup on this computer.")..
Also there isnt a place to create new homegroup, only join one.

What are my options? (if it possible I rather remain with my default homegroup name)

Thanks.

A:Homegroup problem - cant connect after reinstall

Quote: Originally Posted by AntiLopa

Hi,

So I reinstall my windows. This computer create the homegroup with password that every other computer in the house connected to. So now I'm trying to connect to that homegroup but with no success("windows cant set up homegroup on this computer.")..
Also there isnt a place to create new homegroup, only join one.

What are my options? (if it possible I rather remain with my default homegroup name)

Thanks.

In general if the machine that created the original Homegroup is removed it can lead to problems. Your best bet would be to leave the Homegroup from all machines then create a new one and rejoin from all machines.

This Homegroup check list may help you to spot other potential problems. I'd recommend that you check everything on that list very carefully.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/229439-homegroup-problem-cant-connect-after-reinstall.html
Relevancy 43%

I've seen quite a lot who have trouble getting their wireless LAN connection up and running. Well the same for me butt after some research I found out you need to turn of the HomeGroup.

This is causing the trouble after switching of the HomeGroup everything works fine.

You can find how to turn of the HomeGroup over here:
How to Disable ?HomeGroup? Feature in Windows 7? - Tweaking with Vishal

A:Possible Wireless LAN problem Disable HomeGroup!!

Why do people have this problem?

I'm using Homegroup with wireless LAN and it works fine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/28324-possible-wireless-lan-problem-disable-homegroup.html
Relevancy 43%

I have 3 desktop computers, 2 with an attached printer, 1 without. I want the 2 printers to be available to all 3 computers. Is this just a matter of turning both printers into network printers? If so, how do I do this, please?

I have somehow (without knowing how!) already done this with one of the printers but it only appears with "(Network)" after its name on one of the computers. If I try to add it as a network printer on the other computer, I get asked to supply a driver for it - which I don't understand because surely it only needs a driver on the machine to which it's connected.

Confused...

A:Homegroup - problem with sharing printers

Welcome porton,

Make sure the printers are marked as shared on the computer they are attached to.

Yes the other computers need to load the drivers for the printers that they will be shared with over the network.

Windows will usually be able to search for the need drivers. But in rare ocasions, I have had to physically connect the printer to the network computer to load the correct drivers. Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/288095-homegroup-problem-sharing-printers.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello I just installed win home premium x on my desktop and win pro x on my laptop I set up a home group and both computers can join successfully However the problem i am having is that my desktop can see the folders on my laptop and open the folders to see and run the files songs pictures and documents all can be accessed when my laptop tries to read the desktops share folders all i can see is more folders and no files I click on pictures folder then click on - -holiday folder to see that set of pictures and there are files in there I have clicked 'share with' on every folder but it does not affect the files inside So i have manually gone into a few so far and select all'd them and shared with This has worked so that my laptop can see the files but i have MANY folders and do not wish to do this every time for my photos there has to be a better way right The second problem related to the first is when my laptop tries to read the music files from my desktop it only sees the folder 'music' but no files are inside I tried to 'select all' and 'share with' them like i did with the photo's but the 'share with' option does not give the choice none read read write it simply says 'advanced share settings' and i am left with music file problem. Homegroup sharing files covered Homegroup file sharing problem. in the 'lock' symbol that can not be unlocked can anyone help me with this Homegroup file sharing problem. problem

A:Homegroup file sharing problem.

Welcome to SF mike189

This sounds like a permissions issue.
In the properties of the folder that won't display, choose the security tab. In the ACL add NETWORK and grant full permissions.
See how that goes & let us know

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/33094-homegroup-file-sharing-problem.html