Windows Support Forum

Ultimate server / Workstation mobo? Asrock X99 Extreme 11

Q: Ultimate server / Workstation mobo? Asrock X99 Extreme 11

This mobo got me wondering, packs alot of specs :
18 SATA ports (10 are SATA3 ports from the Intel X99 Express chipset, 8 are SAS ports stemming from the LSI SAS 3008 controller) and five PCI-E 3.0 x 16slots for 4-way graphics cards! 600$ motherboard for some serious business, I think this would be ideal for a video editing workstation..

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Ultimate server / Workstation mobo? Asrock X99 Extreme 11

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Ultimate server / Workstation mobo? Asrock X99 Extreme 11

I'm probably one of the few that uses the ASRock Z87 Extreme11
There is always a market for their Extreme11 series boards. I use mine for a bounch of stuff gaming, media server, video editing with all 22 SATA ports even 2way SLI. Might be a bit over kill 4 way SLI but who knows...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ultimate-server-workstation-mobo-asrock-x99-extreme-11.206694/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello I recently lost my ASUS P Z Pro Gen and replaced it with a AsRock Z Extreme I put all my old components on the (new then RAID up 0 disappears 4 mobo Shows Asrock fine Extreme help new board K w H GB Ripjaws Corsair Extreme SSD GB w Win and two WD Tb SATA HDD in RAID All went well When I was done the RAID drive was fine but I found out if I shut RAID 0 help Shows up fine then disappears (new mobo Asrock Extreme 4 the computer off and turn it back on the raid drive disappears in windows If I shut down the computer and hit F to go into the bios the raid drives show up on the on the display for a moment as it is loading before it goes into the bios and then it enters the bios I exit the bios without saving and the raid drive shows up RAID 0 help Shows up fine then disappears (new mobo Asrock Extreme 4 fine in windows If I shut the computer off and don't hit F the raid drive will not show up What is happening I do not even save anything in the BIOS The scenario will then repeat Why is the raid setup not quot sticking saving quot Thanks for the help

A:RAID 0 help Shows up fine then disappears (new mobo Asrock Extreme 4

We have seen nothing but problems here with RAID ever since before Win7 was even released. I cannot remember a single good report on RAID but the problems including massive data loss continue. It isn't even Redundant (the first letter of its name) since many lose mirrored data. So why not install normally to one hard drive and use the secondary as a scheduled backup drive for file and image backup?

Backup User and System Files
Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/366942-raid-0-help-shows-up-fine-then-disappears-new-mobo-asrock-extreme-4-a.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello everyone, this is my first build and everything went fine until I try installing windows 7. So for me it gets past the starting windows screen and then it freezes on the setting your language and country screen. There is also no way out of this and I had to turn the computer off. Then I tried installing the CD that came with the mother board. It then say saying generate serial ATA driver Diskette? [Y/N]. At first I said yes and what came up was a screen that said the supported drive was not found: Floppy 1.44mb and USB drive! If I press no it just asks me to reboot. I have looked for solutions to this and haven't come across any that worked.

A:Problem with windows 7 install and Asrock drivers install on Asrock z77 extreme 4

hi there:

complete specs on your system would help. troubleshooting a custom-build computer system that has thousands of different makes/models of components can be tricky to say the least.

You should download and run SPECCY, and post the report here.

Check your cables that they are in place and secure, and all your connections to the hard drive and your RAM modules are seated correctly.

Are you using a Microsoft Windows7 licensed cd or a copy you borrowed from a friend?

Have you tested your hard drive? Is it new in anti-static bag when you got it? Or is it used from an older system you had?

If you have a spare SATA hard drive, you can swap out with your existing SATA drive and try your Win7 load again. If it fails, you could have a Motherboard, RAM, or cable connection problem.

Answering some of these questions and posting your specs will help us to help you!

BIGBEARJEDI

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/problem-with-windows-7-install-and-asrock-drivers-install-on-asrock-z77-extreme-4-a-708593.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hey guys, I wanna buy one of those cards for my i5 3570k and I couldn't decide on which to buy. I want to OC some also so I be happy if u help me to decide.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/compare.asp?SelectedModel=Z77 Extreme3&SelectedModel=Z77 Pro3

A:Asrock z77 Extreme 3 vs Asrock z77 Pro 3

Those are not "cards", they are motherboards. GPUs are referred to as "cards". The extreme 3 is more gamer oriented because it allows for a 2nd GPU to be inserted. The Pro 3 uses different capacitors I think. The Pro 3 has the consumer/professional in mind and the Extreme 3 has the gamer in mind.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asrock-z77-extreme-3-vs-asrock-z77-pro-3.194738/
Relevancy 72.67%

Little info on asrock z77 extreme 4:

Slots: - 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 slots (PCIE3: single at x16 (PCIE2) / x8 (PCIE3) or dual at x8/x8 mode)
Supports NVIDIA? SLI?

If i run 1 GTX 660 in the main pcie slot and i add another one for SLI, does the processing power or transfer rate of both cards get cut because they will run at x8?

i have an i7-3770K, a gtx 660 and asrock z77 ext4

Thanks in advance guys.

A:gtx 660 SLI on asrock z77 extreme 4

In terms of performance, adding a second GTX 660 to your system will only boost by about 90% graphics performance.

The cards processing power or transfer rate won't get "cutted". They will simply work as a regular SLI configuration.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/264734-gtx-660-sli-asrock-z77-extreme-4-a.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hey Guys,

Having a problem with a new ASRock setup. Motherboard won't seem to POST; it gets hung up on code 0xb7 "Configuration Reset (reset of NVRAM settings)". Since the motherboard won't post, I can't even get into the BIOS. Tried booting without the SSD, and without the video card. Tried resetting the CMOS. Anything else I could try before trying to RMA the board?

System hardware:
---ASRock X79 EXTREME7 LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
---Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz Processor
---G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)
---Plextor M3 Series PX-256M3 2.5" 256GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
---LITE-ON Black Internal 12x BD Combo SATA Model iHES212-08 LightScribe Support
---EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16
---CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750M 750W ATX12V Power Supply

Thanks!
--A

Relevancy 70.95%

Hello everyone! I need your expert advice... I am planning to get a new motherboard as I am currently using my old MSI since 3 years I thought of replacing it to be updated on whats kicking new...purposely for my gaming! =)

I like it when it focuses on audio quality so you can feel more how you get into the action specially playing "crysis" clear graphics would be second and mostly I wanna consider by this time taht it could be power saving energy as I wanna pay less for my Electric Bill. lol

I am having AMD A10-5700 with 4GB Ram with clock speed of 3400 mhz. my budget will be
150-250$?

anybody who can share their thoughts? so I can decide soon! many thanks!

A:Z77x Hi-Fi Biostar? and/or Asrock extreme 4 Z77?

Both of those motherboards require an Intel socket 1155 processor so if you want to use an AMD processor, you'll have to choose something else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/z77x-hi-fi-biostar-and-or-asrock-extreme-4-z77.193509/
Relevancy 70.95%

Keep getting BSOD if I shut down the system for the day, switched on the next day. Always get STOP 0x0000000E error and then restart a few times, can go into Windows. Strange. Subsequent reboot does not cause this problem.

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x64 MSDN version
- New hardware and New system

I suspect is the Linksys Wireless G USB network adapter. Need help in verifying.

A:AMD Asrock 890gx Extreme 3 Issue

There are between 45 and 60 hotfixes available for Windows 7. Your systeminfo report only shows 10 installed. Please visit Windows Update immediately and get the rest of the updates.

Wireless USB adapters have a lot of issues with Win7, particularly if Vista drivers are used. I recommend a wifi card that installs on your motherboard as they are more powerful and more reliable than the USB devices.

Unfortunately, the Windows Debugging Tools aren't able to access symbols for your operating system files (in particular NTOSKRNL.EXE / NTKRNLMP.EXE / NTKRNLPA.EXE / NTKRPAMP.EXE) from the Microsoft Symbol Server - so that makes debugging them difficult if not impossible.

Please do the following (this will not affect the analysis of the current files - but it may help later files that are acquired):
- activate/validate the Windows installation at Genuine Microsoft Software
- run sfc.exe /scannow to replace any problem files
- open a support incident with Microsoft to see if they can fix the missing symbols issue ( Windows 7 Solution Center )
- If that doesn't fix it, then wipe the hard drive and reinstall Windows
- don't use "leaked"/torrent builds (if this is the case we may never find a fix)

Will post back after the dump files finish running....

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/113142-amd-asrock-890gx-extreme-3-issue.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi guys I have an ASRock z Extreme motherboard I am trying to connect four hard drives and partition and install Windows x The drives I will be using are Samsung Evo gb OCZ Vertex gb OCZ Solid gb and a Hitachi needed. 6 SATA and help z77 ASRock parition Extreme gb spinner I ASRock z77 Extreme 6 SATA and parition help needed. would like to use the Samsung as the C drive Vertex as the D drive Solid as the E drive and the Hitachi as the F drive Well at least have the drives in that order So I connected the Samsung and the Vertex to the Intel SATA ports which are the second set of grey SATA ports Then I have the OCZ Solid and the Hitachi spinner connected to the first set of grey SATA ports When I went to install Windows the partitions were listed in the fallowing order Hitachi spinner OCZ Solid OCZ Vertex Samsung EVO In the manual for the motherboard it says to make sure the boot drives are connected to the Intel SATA ports Which I did I used the Samsung and the Vertex I then went down to the Samsung and partitioned it in UEFI format Next I partitioned the Vertex Then the Solid and the Hitachi I highlighted the Samsung drive and clicked install Once in Windows the Samsung was my C drive but the other drives where out of order Therefore I went into disk management and assigned the drives the drive letters I wanted them to have Therefore the drives are now in the order I wanted them in that I listed above I find it pretty weird that if the Intel SATA ports are suppose to be used for your boot devices why are they not the first SATA ports on the motherboard That way when you install the drives they will be in the correct order What I am trying to figure out is did I handle this situation correctly Will I run into any issues by doing this and is this how I should of done it Thank you Rocky

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/43309-asrock-z77-extreme-6-sata-parition-help-needed.html
Relevancy 70.09%

hello,I just built a computer on an asrock z77 extreme 4 motherboard.  I successfully installed windows7 but have an exclamation point in device manager.I was able to extract and install XfastLAN but I still have no connectivity, and thus an exclamation point for ethernet controller.I went right to the asrock site below and grabbed everything I could and put it on a flash drive:http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme4/?cat=Download&os=Win764maybe I am not installing the driver properly.  I basically just copied the file on the desktop, extracted it there, and installed the exe (it said it was 'installed correctly'), then rebooted (which was my choice).  I now have an icon in the notification area.it doesn't seem like this is the driver at all.  asrock gives no documentation on their site that I can see.any guidance will be most appreciated as always.

A:ethernet driver for asrock z77 extreme 4 motherboard

Didn't the MBoard come with a Driver CD ? ?...that's what you should run...

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,150414.0.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi I m a new member I recently decided to build my first PC Parts were Asrock Z Extreme MoBo Intel i K - LGA DDR Single stick GB G-Skill GeForce GTX GD OC Seagate Barracuder SATA TB w PSU Now for the problem - BIOS error Extreme update Z77 4 Asrock I installed everything correctly and got to POST so I decided to follow most Internet forum instructions to update my BIOS so I did so over the Internet flash update from the AsRock BIOS setup The problems arose after trying to update it via the Internet Now the motherboard won t even get to POST or show any signs or working Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 - BIOS update error on a monitor the fans for ten graphics card CPU and chassis all work the PSU is working fine But the Dr Debug is showing the status code which states in the description is that it is quot not used quot I don t know what to do iv taken out the graphics card and tried still the same disconnected everything except the socket and all pins are fine on the PCIe slots and RAM Any help would be appreciated ps I have a spare Gigabyte gt GB hanging round and was wondering if I can get the MoBo to work will it be worth sticking the in with the for any improvements however slight until I can afford another for SLI nbsp

A:Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 - BIOS update error

"Now the motherboard won't even get to POST or show any signs or working on a monitor" You might be able to get the motherboard to respond by removing the battery for a few minutes. If not, the motherboard may need to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asrock-extreme-4-z77-bios-update-error.188524/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello all,
I did something very stupid recently. I flashed my BIOS to fix mouse stuttering issues but used the Gen4 BIOS version 2.10. I was able to clear the CMOS and use the instant flash to restore the BIOS back the most recent Gen3 BIOS 1.10.

When I start the computer it shows the BIOS version is 1.10, but all of my SATA ports show as "not detected". I changed the SATA controller settings back to their defaults (IDE), but still no luck. I checked and all of the SATA connectors are still clicked firmly in place.

Any ideas?Thanks

A:Asrock Extreme 4 Gen3 BIOS Problems

I am not familiar with asrock boards. When you say you used the instant flash to restore the bios did you actually flash the bios with the original bios file or is this some type of auto recovery?

If you are able to flash the bios, I would reflash to the latest correct bios for your mb. Once done, restart and enter the bios. Load defaults or whatever asrock calls it and again restart. Enter the bios and make any custom settings you need ie sata mode, boot order, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asrock-extreme-4-gen3-bios-problems.1045104/
Relevancy 69.23%

Extreme or Pro We have two boards Mine First P Extreme B buyed on May BSODS FIRST DAYS Gb Gskill Mhz Ripjaws X for problems Space with my boards for BSOD Problems Asrock W7 on Pro or Solution Extreme big Cooler Zalman Extreme CNPSQ need change to Gb Corsair Vengeance LP Mhz Solution for Asrock BSOD W7 Problems on Extreme or Pro boards Ati Ocz Zx W Seagate Tb with Windows bits Snow Leopard and old Maxtor Serial Ata Gb with Installed Osx Lion I investigated bios options Option very suspect in Storage configurations quot Sata Aggressive link power management quot Look on google in May a lot of people with BSOD with this option active on Bios I disabled this option and never more BSOD Now with my brother computer update He buyed Asrock Z Pro Gen with other I - Gb Kistong Mhz in Sandybridge only work max at Mhz Nox Urano II power supply Geforce Gtx Ocz Solution for Asrock BSOD W7 Problems on Extreme or Pro boards Vertex SSd Seagate Tb second hard disk Solution for Asrock BSOD W7 Problems on Extreme or Pro boards Windows Bits Ultimate and Osx Mountain Lion installed on SSd Vertex Hard Disk Update bios to last very nice options and improve great this motherboard Disable quot quot Sata Aggressive link power management quot NO BSODS Computers tested with Stability Tests Aida Stability Tests Prime CCOP Perestroika Performance Test DMarks all collection Memtest ALL TEST PAST NO PROBLEMS NO BSODS Greetings for all

A:Solution for Asrock BSOD W7 Problems on Extreme or Pro boards

Nice to know. Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/245465-solution-asrock-bsod-w7-problems-extreme-pro-boards.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I just built my first PC last week and things have been fine for the most part A few little problems here and there though This might be a little long-winded but I would rather give as ASRock Extreme 3 BIOS can't Computer though. boots fine Gen -- 3 anymore. access many details as possible My problem started ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 -- can't access BIOS anymore. Computer boots fine though. with finally organizing my cables and peripherals I plugged in my external hard drives different Seagate drives into rear USB ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 -- can't access BIOS anymore. Computer boots fine though. connectors ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 -- can't access BIOS anymore. Computer boots fine though. and when I booted up my computer kept going straight to BIOS without me touching any buttons I would try to exit BIOS and start windows but I would keep looping back to BIOS everytime When I unplugged them before I booted up my pc would be fine I could also access the data on the drives when I plugged them in after the boot I posted somewhere else about my issues and someone recommended disabling my usb and usb legacy support They also recommended updating my BIOS if it wasn t up to date Sure enough I went into my BIOS and my version was newest version is While I was in BIOS I disabled my USB and USB legacy support Saved and exited and my computer booted up I downloaded the windows option for BIOS and tried to run it but I kept getting quot Error Firmware does not have flash AFUWINGUI support quot So one question would be is this error a big deal I m not going to try to install it from windows so I feel like it won t matter After doing a little research I now see many people recommending not to do a windows installation of BIOS I should be flashing it with a USB drive I downloaded the flash version and put it on a USB thumb drive in FAT format like ASRock suggested When I turned on my computer I attemped to enter the BIOS by tapping F Windows ended up starting without going to BIOS I tried this several times as well as F F F and DEL but nothing seemed to get me into my BIOS So this is where I stand now I can t access my BIOS and my PC automatically boots to Windows even with my USB stick in I have a feeling it has something to do with the USB Legacy Support I disabled but I also don t know how to enable it without going into my BIOS Core i - ASRock Extreme Gen Corsair Vengeance GB x GB DDR - Corsair Force Series GB quot SSD Sapphire Radeon HD GB Corsair Enthusiast Series TX V W Windows Ultimate SP Microsoft Sidewinder X keyboard Logitech Anywhere Wireless Mouse nbsp

A:ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 -- can't access BIOS anymore. Computer boots fine though.

Is your keyboard USB or PS/2? Normally a USB keyboard will not work before booting until you've enabled it in BIOS already. So basically you need to use an older keyboard (or an adapter) the first time, and then enable USB in the BIOS to use your USB keyboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asrock-extreme-3-gen-3-cant-access-bios-anymore-computer-boots-fine-though.176744/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,

I am trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with SP 1 original unmodified MS Technet ISO to a blank Crucial RealSSD C300 SSD drive and it is taking hours to do that. The last time I did the install it took almost 4 hours to copy the files, I tried it from a DVD drive and from an external USB-HDD and there was no speed difference. After the installation was done, the SSD was very fast though, no problems at all then.

Now I have to install again and I do not want to wait again a half day just for the files to copy, so I hope anyone can point me towards a solution for this problem.

My Mainboard is a ASROCK 870 Extreme 3 , I use AHCI , AMD AHCI Bios is disabled and AHCI is enabled for SATA3_5 and 6 .

Thanks for any help.

A:Super slow Windows install on Asrock 870 Extreme 3 with RealSSD C300

Are you booting the installer and not running it from another OS?

If so then I'd download another ISO, try writing to flash stick using Windows 7 USB-DVD Download Tool.
Boot under USB, Removable or HD's. Flash stick install is known to be faster.

You could have a bad DVD burn - if necessary to use DVD, burn with ImgBurn at 4x speed.

Unplug all other HD's and peripherals and try SSD in first SATA port in AHCI mode.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/194198-super-slow-windows-install-asrock-870-extreme-3-realssd-c300.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi all my first posting so I hope you can help Anyway I m in the process of rebuilding a year old PC after the Mobo died I have installed a new ASRock P i G Socket Intel Chipset running on GB X GB Sticks Pin DDR Ram CPU Pentium NHz using MB AMI Bios has internal Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics with a GB Maxtor IDE HDD PSU is W Running windows XP PRO SP Problem is powerup takes about minutes clicking noise start at once then dies down so I powerdown and plug in the Screen on the IO Board clicking start again dies down so I can plug the keyboard in more clicking no bleeps anywhere Eventually she boots and loads ASRock P4i65G Mobo, and some. then the XP Pro I have had it working for upto hours at a time So far I have ASRock P4i65G Mobo, and then some. Flashed the Bios Set and reset the CMOS changed to brand new IDE Maxtor HDD changed and tested all cables tested the memory sticks changed fans checked the PSU checked this that and anything else I could think of But I can t stop this same thing happening everytime I switch on the computer I should add that all the components work well in my other computer Also tried using USB Keyboard which is a slight improvement but don e process a USB Mouse I would be very grateful if anyone has any sensible ideas I can try to overcome this problem Kind regards Algypalgy nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

Hi all

I have an asrock 775dual-VSTA and I recently upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate, 32bit.

Things seemed fine, but I realized my USB was performing very slowly.
For example, it takes hours and hours just to upload a few albums to my iPod.

I presume it's a motherboard driver problem. Does anyone know of a fix for this? I dont see any Windows 7 drivers from Asrock for this Mobo.
Im *really* hoping I dont have to buy a new one.

Here are some screenshots from my Device Manager. As you can see, USB seems to be fine, but there are those unknown devices that I have no idea what they are

As far as I can tell, everything is working fine except the USB speed so I presume these unknown devices are related?

Any help/advice/solutions appreciated!

A:asrock mobo / usb2

anyone have an idea on this one?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/34286-asrock-mobo-usb2.html
Relevancy 64.07%

yeh anyone can help i cant get any agp settings working
im useing a asrock p4i4gv mobo with celeron 2.4
and a gigabyte radeon 9250 128mb
please help

Relevancy 64.07%

im planning which to choose from biostar h61mgv3 or asrock h61m vs r2.0

i dont care much about prrformance, i care more in reliability and durability

im not much of a hard core gamer. but i play atleast 5-8hrs a day. which board is better

spec
pentium g2020
4gb ddr3 1333 ram
500watt psu
nvidia gts 250

A:mobo: biostar or asrock

Asrock is probably the better board, more bios options. Biostar makes good mobo they tend to be entry level, nothing fancy, I have one that's been good for about six years now.

Quote:
im not much of a hard core gamer. but i play atleast 5-8hrs a day

That's a hard core gammer in my book.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311478-mobo-biostar-asrock.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

please re-assign this thread if i'm in the wrong area.

my issue is the following:

I am trying to resurrect an ASRock P4i45GV. I have an official licensed bootable copy of Win XP. when I start the comp, it begins to install XP from the CD rom, after transfer of files to the HD, a reboot occurs, at this stage the CD is again read and the files copied, it does not resume the installation.

If turned on without a disk or floppy in the drives, it simply boots up to a point and begins boot up again never initializing windows.

I bought and installed 512Meg ram, there is an 80 GB HD partitioned into 2 ~40 Gig partitions. The partitions are formatted to NTFS not Fat32.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A:question about an ASRock MOBO

After the first cd reading , when it reboots try opening the drive to stop it from seeing the cd. It should not boot to the cd unless you press a key.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/question-about-an-asrock-mobo-375738.html
Relevancy 64.07%

ASROCK GE PRO-M Problems i just started building this system and still upgradeing it but i am haveing a few problems Specs so far ASROCK GE PRO-M Intel Celeron PRO-M2 ASROCK mobo GE problems Ghz MB RAM MB intel Graphics Integrated Graphics W Power supply when i turn on the computer on i have to keep shuting it off and turning it on because nothing appears on the screen and the hdd and power lights are SOLID but when i get it to work it tells me to put the hdd to master which it already is i got it to work a few times past that problem ASROCK GE PRO-M2 mobo problems and i got a BSOD Blue Screen Of Death but didn t give a reason so i was wondering if anyone had solutionsd for these things Thanks also when i get it to work it tells me to put the hdd in master but i already did and its says system halt until i fix that which i hav e to push the power button nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asrock-ge-pro-m2-mobo-problems.738862/
Relevancy 64.07%

i just recieved an email telling me that ive won an am2cpu board from asrock. it says i have to contact the webmaster to confirm my details + must do so by the 10th august. the thing is ive been on their website + cant find any link to the webmaster. as i only have to days left, i would even phone them. does anyone know what i can do??? if anyone knows how to get in contact with the webmaster or the phone number i could phone, could they please either post it here, or email it to [email protected] THANK YOU P.S is an am2cpu board a moterboard?? it also says asrock will pay for shipping + if there is tax imposed on the prize i may have to pay it... but i dont mind if im getting an am2 motherboard..lol

Relevancy 64.07%

I wanted to see what your opinion is of ASRock mobo s I was dead set on this mobo made by gigabyte http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Then I got talking with someone and they said AsRock makes pretty good mobo s and a pretty good price So I started looking and I kind of like this one http www newegg com Product mobo's of Asrock Quality Product aspx Item N E The problem is I don t know much about Asrock and looking at their prices their boards look kind of cheap compared to MSI Gigabyte and Asus Asrock also don Quality of Asrock mobo's t seem as popular as those brands either So how are Asrock mobo s How is their Bios how are they in quality and how are they in reliablity Yes I understand one is a p and the other is a Z type mobo This would be for gaming and other hardware I would be looking at it the I k MSI Radeon Videocard and gigs of ram nbsp

A:Quality of Asrock mobo's

They are a 2nd tier company. But they seem to produce decent hardware. Better than most other 2nd tier companies anyway. Personally, I prefer Gigabyte or Asus and that is all that I've used for years now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quality-of-asrock-mobos.1020273/
Relevancy 63.21%

I am looking for anyone who has this board and might know how to tweak it for maximum performance. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anyone-have-an-asrock-dual-sata2-mobo.615368/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey I bought this computer a few years back AsRock USB3 malfunctions with mobo for photo editing One of the primary features that I wanted was USB support because I USB3 malfunctions with AsRock mobo often have to unload my camera's huge memory cards on my PC I bought a cheap AsRock motherboard with USB support and a Transcend USB card reader The problem is that the USB transfers rarely work Just today I was trying to transfer files from the memory card but the transfer froze right at the beginning and the speed showed up as bytes second I tried to cancel the transfer but eventually had to reboot the computer because it just didn't stop I then wen't ahead and uninstalled AsRock XFast USB to see if it was the cause of the problems This time the transfer kind of worked but only with speeds varying from to MB s The transfer also froze every now and then and then continued as if nothing had happened After that I switched the card reader to a USB port and all the files were transferred quickly with a speed of - USB3 malfunctions with AsRock mobo MB s without freezes I have made sure that my drivers and XFast are up to date Often the problem goes away if I re-install them both but soon the same problems start again Does anyone know what could be the source of the problem here I'm a little disappointed with AsRock as I bought this specific mobo just because of its USB capabilities Setup AsRock B M-GL Intel i S Kingston GB MHz DDR W PSU Windows x

A:USB3 malfunctions with AsRock mobo

I have an ASRock motherboard (Z77 Professional Fatal1ty). It has two USB3.0 controllers, according to what is installed in the USB, "Etron" and "Intel". Xfast is included with the ASRock install disc but I never installed that. USB3.0 works OK.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340853-usb3-malfunctions-asrock-mobo.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,

We just had a power outtage, and the pc I was using will not boot to a useable state.

I get 1 beep ... then, I believe 9 beeps.

It looks like the pc is actually booting to the desktop, but the display indicates 'No Connection.'

I'm assuming this means the video card is kaput ... but does anyone have a beep code list for my mobo :

Asrock 939 Dual SATA-2. ?

I Googled for such a list but found nothing pertinent, and emailed Asrock with a request for the same - but won't hold my breath waiting for them to answer.

Any links / tips appreciated.

A:Asrock Mobo - Bep Codes Help Needed

As a follow up ... I've just done another Google and found that 9 Beeps commonly relates to Bios / Checksum errors.

Does this mean the Mobo is shot ? I ask this because the drive lights on the front indicate that the boot sequence completes, merely with no display.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asrock-mobo-bep-codes-help-needed.504525/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi there I have only just recently purchased this board from a local vendor After installing a Semp S gb ide drive dvdrw floppy and caddies ide and sata both used for data transfer and data retreival x crucial mb and utilising the ob graphics Windows xp sp etc and all the usual gubbins earlier this evening after rebooting its K8Nf4G 2 Mobo Asrock New Sata coming up with a error code on the bottom right hand corner of It freezes at this point and simply hangs after attempting a reboot same error code and I am unable to enter bios or anything I have to say it was running fine at one point this evening as i was transferring files onto the drive and it was running sweet New Asrock K8Nf4G Sata 2 Mobo as a nut After closing it down and rebooting earlier on this is whats happening now It doesn t even get to the point of looking for the New Asrock K8Nf4G Sata 2 Mobo ide devices I have pulled everything apart and started from scratch even testing it out on my work bench and still the same thing Tried another new hard drive another crucial mem stick Is there something I am totally overlooking New Asrock K8Nf4G Sata 2 Mobo here or is the mobo kaput already Ps I have also attempted to boot the pc with only the hd and memory and still the same error code Please try and assist a guy whose going prematurely grey at this point and tearing out what little hair i have left lol Thanks for your inputs Be safe Nige nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-asrock-k8nf4g-sata-2-mobo.442354/
Relevancy 63.21%

I recently bought an asrock mobo and an amd cpu to replace my intel setup. I installed the mobo and the cpu and hooked everything up except for the wires for the case's front panel stuff. I don't really care about the sound and usb cables, but I do need to hook up the power and reset buttons but the wires are labeled differently than in the mobo manual. The manual says they should be plugged in in this order:
pled+ pled- pwrbtn# gnd
hdled+ hdled- gnd reset# dummy

but the case wires are in 4 different groups, and labeled: vcc, vcc1, vcc2, data+1, data-1, data+2, data-2, tpa-, tpa+, tpb-, tpb+, and gnd. Any idea which wires mean what? Any help is appreciated

A:asrock mobo and case wires

Welcome.

Ok, on your mobo, the pled is the power led, the light that indicates that the system is on, the hdled is the light that shows hard drive activity, the pwrbutn is the power on switch, and the gnd reset is your reset switch.

Ok, the case has odd names, but you can find out what each wire does by following the wire to where it goes. For example, if you follow a wire and it ends up at the power switch, then that wire would go on the pwrbutton headers on the board. The power button is likely the only button that "needs" to be connected to get it to work, and it doesn't really matter which way the two wires go on the mobo pins for pwrbutn. Do the same procedure for the other wires and you'll find the hd led, power led and reset switch cables, connect them accordingly. Led's do matter which way the wires are on the pins, as they have a + and -. You can probably assume if, for instance you find that two wires go to the hd ld, and the one wire is marked -, then connect it to the hdled- pin, and the other wire to the + pin.

Hope this helps.

The wires you list for the case are probaby usb and firewire connections, I think you should have other wires that connect to the power switch, because the ones you list, should go to the case's front usb and firewire(if your board has it) headers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asrock-mobo-and-case-wires.40618/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have an old and noisy PC Iam looking at for a friend, its an old Celeron 2.6Ghz and the fan is going full belt at 3500 rpm, temps are 35'c and the fan is connected to the 3 pins on the motherboard (ASRock P4VM890) with a 3 pin connector (with 3 wires, so all are being used) - the fan speed is reported in BIOS but can not be adjusted at all anywhere.

Could it be the fan is not a Variable Speed type?

or is the Motherboard doesnt support Variable Fan Speeds?
thanks

Relevancy 62.78%

I just bought an ASRock K VM mobo to replace an old fried mobo in my mothers old Compaq I got it in and connected it starts up and when I go into the BIOS I see that it recognizes my hard drive and it has all the hard drive settings there and everything Now I go and try to install XP on it through a cd install That starts up fine but during the install I notice that it doesn t seem to be seeing my HD only my floppy and cd-rom I grab me giving ASRock Mobo trouble... K7VM3 an old Win bootable floppy and boot again Once again the BIOS sees my HD However after booting with the floppy once again I only seem to be able to access my floppy and my cd-rom ASRock K7VM3 Mobo giving me trouble... I have checked the hard drive in my computer which recognizes it no prob I have changed out the IDE cables I ve tried a different hard drive just for grins and the same thing Does anyone use this mobo and have had this same problem I m going ASRock K7VM3 Mobo giving me trouble... crazy here and my mother is starting to think I m some sort of idiot -Rick Gullikson nbsp

A:ASRock K7VM3 Mobo giving me trouble...

Is this a Sata drive? if so then you need to download the sata driver or your motherboard cd has a floppy sata driver creator on it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIOS settings

When you turn on the PC hit the Delete key when prompted and you will enter the BIOS. Here you set the first boot device to be the Floppy, 2nd CDROM drive, the option is usually found under the Advanced Options section but this depends on your BIOS and you may have to look around for it.For the hard drive, select the autodetect option and enable it. Once you have done this save and exit.

Installing the SATA controller driver

Once you have set the PC to boot from the CD make sure the XP CD is in the CD drive and start the installation as per usual. Within the first minute or so of the installation Windows will prompt you to press F6 to install RAID or SCSI drivers, do this. Windows will continue to install then ask you to locate the driver. now with the floppy disk created earlier in drive A: select the driver and hit Enter.

With the SATA drivers installed you can now continue the Windows installation as usual.
A
Step by step guide how to install a Sata drive.
The partition part is not exactly what you need to do. Don't have to partition at all if you want. but usually I make a15G for my OS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asrock-k7vm3-mobo-giving-me-trouble.533587/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi like month ago this issue ASRock 4F Z87 on Extreme4 code my mobo Error appeared When I start my pc it takes waaaay more time than before I used to be in windows in seconds thx to SSD Now it take even minutes During this code F appear on my mother board display Sometimes rarely it doesnt start at all even bios so than I had to go Error code 4F on my ASRock Z87 Extreme4 mobo for hard Error code 4F on my ASRock Z87 Extreme4 mobo restart than wait - minutes again and see I havent changed anything ecept RAM but like half year ago I got this inside ASRock Z Extreme - Intel Z CoolerMaster Elite OCZ Vertex - GB Corsair Vengeance Black GB x GB DDR changed for x GB cause there isnt enoug space because of cooler Intel Core i - K afaik no overload Corsair Enthusiast series TX V W I red through many forums but havent find final solution - some says its bios some say its broken CPU some says its video card but I dont have any My friend runned some tests and told me everything seems to be ok- he tested CPU RAM SSD My only fear is need to replace CPU or mobo - those were most expensive parts and SSD because of data Can you help me Thanks

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/129106-error-code-4f-my-asrock-z87-extreme4-mobo.html
Relevancy 62.78%

i have a asrock g41c-vs mobo
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/G41C-VS/?cat=FAQ

im planning to buy a power color radeon HD 7770
http://www.powercolor.com/Global/products_features.asp?id=414

it has a 3.0 pci bus support will it run on my mobo? that has a 1.1 pci?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/radeon-hd-7770-on-a-asrock-g41c-vs-mobo.1115800/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hey there,

I recently bought OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Platinum Revision 2 RAM:
http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr2_pc2_6400_platinum_revision_2

I have Asrock 775Dual-VSTA mobo and here is the website:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=775Dual-vsta

My question is that even though I understand that my mobo supports DDRII667/533, what are the best setting for the RAM to run on my system ?

These are a couple of CPUZ screenshots for the DEFAULT settings my mobo detected for the RAM.

Thanks in advance

A:Asrock mobo settings for OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 RAM

Please correct me if I am wrong but is it not ok to run a high-end RAM on slower frequency for relatively old computers ? :suspiciou
For example, PC3200 memory should work fine in a system that takes PC2100 or PC2700.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asrock-mobo-settings-for-ocz-ddr2-pc2-6400-ram.86398/
Relevancy 62.78%

My rig is :-
p4 516
2.93 ghz
1 gb ram
geforce 6600gt
mobo:- asrock 775 dual 915gl

i cannot overclock plz help me

The Pics are :-

http://www.techspot.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=14542&d=1173521458

http://www.techspot.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=14543&d=1173521504

http://www.techspot.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=14544&d=1173521514

http://www.techspot.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=14545&d=1173521523

http://www.techspot.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=14546&d=1173521537

when i change my cpu clock it doesnt have any change and cpuid and pcwizard show that it is not overclocked.

i am willing to go to any limity to be able to overclock my pc even flashing the bios if it will help.

i have even changed the dram frequency to normal but it doesnt help

Thanks

A:Help Me Overclock My Cpu (Mobo -Asrock dual 915gl)

what values have you tried changing your FSB to? you may be setting it too high, causing the ASRock "Boot Failure Guard" to set it back to normal.

first, set your BIOS back to it's defaults (or clear CMOS).

then start by raising only the FSB setting, don't change anything else yet. raise it by a small amount like +5MHz. at this setting your system should boot up fine and your CPU should be overclocked to 3.03GHz (use CPU-z to verify).

raising the FSB also overclocks your RAM (use CPU-z to see what speed your RAM is running at) since you're using DDR333, it can run up to 166MHz. this should allow you enough headroom to theoretically overclock your CPU to 3.6GHz (if your CPU/system can handle it)

continue raising your FSB in small increments until your PC either refuses to boot, or the BFG sets it back to normal. once this happens, post back here and we'll help you onto the next step.

:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-overclock-my-cpu-mobo-asrock-dual-915gl.75700/
Relevancy 62.35%

i have a mb asrock alivexfire sata quot i cant install vista ultimate on WD gb sata hdd it dosent get the drivers from asrock site working ive put them on an usb stick as it says on official asrock - 64b - asrock on sata problem install ultimate win download section - vista how to instal sata-raid-ahci now ive lost my xp from hdd and my xp cd too only got the vista ultimate cd ive tried ahci-raid-sata now on the xp boot it says quot read error quot on a boot like before so i guess my xp is messed-up becouse of ahci-raid-nonraid setups on bios my fault System config is asrock alivexfire sata asrock - win 64b ultimate - sata problem on install x x gb geil stick dual channel sets mhz video ati hd xt mb b hdd WD sata x - gb usage nexus caterpillar silent case an mb no name stick ive boted LINUX LOW-RES from it so its quite ok now it has the drivers from asrock oficial site quot alivexfire sata quot download section on it ive tried leaving only hdd on but the same problem ocures as ive found on some posts that hdds could be a problem and the remove of set of dual channel ddr - leaving only gb of dual channel ram the whole gb were scanned by memtest and the utility on vista cd searched here for h i gaved up searching and posted Thank you Obiman

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/172130-asrock-win-64b-ultimate-sata-problem-install.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I cannot seem to access the bios at all with windows 8.1 and my gtx 780 ti. When I connect the hdmi to my gtx 670, I can see the bios screen and can change the config but with the hdmi in my 780 ti I get a black screen until the dual boot windows selection. I've disable fast boot and have no idea what else to do.

A:No "uefi firmware settings" option on asrock z77 extreme 4

My guess is its defaulted back to another output on that card. I have three monitors on my GT 640. My BIOS splash screen and the Windows splash screen display on one monitor (DVI), and the Windows logon screen etc display on my main monitor (HDMI). It does the same thing whether I set Windows to single monitor or extend. I haven't tried it with just the HDMI monitor plugged in by itself though. Normally they should all go to the one monitor that's plugged in. If I get a chance latter on I'll unplug my two DVI monitors and see what happens. There is no guaranty that it will do what yours is doing but it will be interesting to see what happens just for future reference for me.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/48188-no-uefi-firmware-settings-option-asrock-z77-extreme-4-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey Guys,

I posted a question earlier in the week about how I screwed up a BIOs update and bricked my MoBo for my dad's Hp Pavilion a6719f desktop. I asked around and figured I'd best just get a new MoBo. After clearing it with some people on Newegg I settled for this one.

It came in today and I popped it in along with the AMD Phenom X4 9850 Quad Core (HD9850XAJ4BGH) that I was originally trying to install. Plugged all the cables in where the needed to be, plugged it back in and hit power, I got about 3 seconds worth of fan spinning before it would just power back down. All successive attempts had the same results, even tried unplugging everything but the power cables and power button but still no dice.

Please advise!

Relevancy 61.92%

Morning all,

could anyone tell me whether it would be ok to run a Nvidia 7800GT and Nvidia 9500GT graphics cards side by side, safely on this mobo. Obviously i do not intend to run in SLI mode, i just want to run 4 monitors from all four outputs.

Thank you in advance

A:Mixing graphics cards on (ASRock M3A770DE) mobo

Will it work, in XP most likely with no problems. In Vista (after the platform update that added DirectX 11) and Windows 7, probably not. Reason for saying that is you are mixing two different generations of card that use a different driver model. The 7800 GT will use the WDDM 1.0 driver model and the 9500 GT uses the newer WDDM 1.1. Both cards may install from the same driver package, but they won't use the same driver.

The problem is that when you mix two cards from the same manufacturer (ATI with ATI, Nvidia with Nvidia) that use the different driver model, the older card cancels out the newer and as a result the newer card doesn't work at all.

For what you're looking to do it might be a better idea to grab something like this,

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-N84STC-512I Rev2.0 GeForce 8400 GS Supporting up to 512MB(128MB onboard) 64-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card

uses the same WDDM 1.1 as your 9500 GT. Also would use a lot less power than the older 7800 GT and produce a lot less heat, which would be even more beneficial when all it is ro be used for is extra monitors.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/169056-mixing-graphics-cards-asrock-m3a770de-mobo.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Mrning all,

Could any one tell me whether it would be ok to mix memory chip sizes on my mobo.

currently i have 4gb of ddr2 in one slot. would it be ok to add something like CORSAIR 4GB (2x2GB) XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz, in memory slots 2 and 3, leaving slot 4 free for when i can possibly afford another 4gb memory chip.

Will mixing ddr2 and ddr3 cause me a problem, or is it best to stick with ddr2 across the board?

Thanks in advance

A:Mixing memory chip sizes on ASRock M3A770DE mobo

It's physically impossible to place a stick of DDR3 into a DDR 2 motherboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/169060-mixing-memory-chip-sizes-asrock-m3a770de-mobo.html
Relevancy 61.49%

ASRock has issued BIOS updates for several mobos with a simple comment "improves memory compatibility." For me, that turned out to be a solid fix for my Intel-based mobo that had intermittent USB 3.0 detection problems on specific devices. Now, they all are recognized as USB 3.0 100% of the time. Check for BIOS updates here:

ASRock > Motherboard Series

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/29294-asrock-mobo-owners-check-recent-bios-update.html
Relevancy 60.63%

My system AMD Athlon Dual core gig AS Rock K N FullHD- HSLI R AM Socket Motherboard Windows x Home Premium K10N78 Coprocessor R3.0 driver mobo: updated Full HD Asrock needs HSLI BIOS vsn P Under device manager the coprocessor Asrock K10N78 Full HD HSLI R3.0 mobo: Coprocessor needs updated driver is listed as The Asrock K10N78 Full HD HSLI R3.0 mobo: Coprocessor needs updated driver drivers for this Asrock K10N78 Full HD HSLI R3.0 mobo: Coprocessor needs updated driver device are not installed Code There is no driver selected for the device information set or element Windows update doesn t find it I have downloaded the All in one driver from ASrock website which includes Ethernet Driver v WHQL Network Management Tools v quot Sedona quot SATAIDE Driver v WHQL SATARAID Driver v WHQL RAIDTOOL Application v SMBUS Driver v WHQL SMU Driver v WHQL GPU Driver v WHQL PhysX v Away Mode Driver v WHQL Installer v much of which I dont think I need is already on there and wouldn t know how to install anyway do you just look for the exe setup files ASrock s website also lists BIOS updates and Tmagic said this might be needed to see the coprocessor Problem is which version the latest vsn is described as update code for MAC address vsn is listed as update CPU code The next one vsn is mine There are also downloads for each vsn DOS and Windows- I assume I should use the Windows one and folow their installation guidelines Sorry for the long post but as you can tell I need all the help I can get Any advice appreciated nbsp

A:Asrock K10N78 Full HD HSLI R3.0 mobo: Coprocessor needs updated driver

Are you still having your problem? If yes

Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asrock-k10n78-full-hd-hsli-r3-0-mobo-coprocessor-needs-updated-driver.137213/
Relevancy 60.2%

I'm building out a new Hornet Pro custom graphic workstation which is a little bigger than a SFF but takes a micro u-ATX mobo. The workstation will be used primarily for Maya, After Effects, and Premier.Which of the following mobo's would you suggest?

ASUS A8N-VM CSM GeForce 6150/SATA3G/u-ATX 939

Gigabyte GA-K8N51 GMF9 NF4

EVGA 131-K8-NF44-AX NF4 W/ SLI

---or----

Should I scrap the SFF plan altogether and go with a tower w/ an
ASUS A8N 32 SLI Deluxe mobo? Oh, the decisions!

THe Workstation specs are :
400 W PS
AMD Opt 175 dual core 2.2
4GB OCZ Dual Channel Platinum (400)
Maxtor Diamond Max 10 7,200 16 MB Cache 300 GB
Quadro FX 3400 256MB

Thanks!!!

A:Building New Workstation (mobo help)

I'd go with the first Asus board, but if you're using the machine primarily for graphic rendering, buy a good workstation video card....Matrox makes some very good ones. Ati also makes some good workstation cards as well. You'll have to research which will best fit your needs. When it comes to that type of work, it's a driver issue. The cards you mentioned do not have drivers that will give you the ultimate performance for your machine. They're good for gaming, but that's it.

And Maya is a pig when it comes to pulling resources, especially when you're doing a 24hr. render. Get a card with as much video memory as you can afford.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-new-workstation-mobo-help.49535/
Relevancy 59.77%

ECS KN1 Nforce4 Extreme Mobo. This is going into my new pc, I have already heard both bad and good about it. What do you guys think about it? Anyone here have it?
http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review.php?dXJsX3Jldmlld19JRD05NjA=

A:ECS KN1 Nforce4 Extreme Mobo

ECS Mobos are not the very best on the market. In fact being kind they are at best very lower middle of the road. Depending on what you plan to use your computer for, you might be money ahead spending and extra $20 - $30 and getting something with a better reputation. Maybe something from ASUS or Gigabyte or ABIT.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ecs-kn1-nforce4-extreme-mobo.322606/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello I've been having a problem ever since I installed my W months ago My configuration is MOBO Intel DH TC CPU Intel Core i M RAM GB Kingmax DDR MHz GPU nVidia GTS HDD GB Seagate Barracuda year old My problem revolves around the fact that everything is moving like my P MHz I had years ago I am running a triple boot between Linux OSX and W I have Windows Ultimate lag X64 7 extreme a licensed copy of Windows student employment program Having OSx on board also means that my transfer mode is set to AHCI in BIOS But wether I turn ahci on or off the problems are still there Enabling AHCI in W required of me to make a registry modification that I found on these forums It's like my pc is better only at UNItasking the games Windows 7 Ultimate X64 extreme lag are running great maxed out options etc But let's say I have Firefox opened and I run a MB installer for some miscelaneous software doesn't matter what it is any concurrent process to the actual opened one be it FF or Word or Photoshop makes everything lag that mb app that I am talking about takes about minutes to install when on my second pc AMD x GB RAM MHz the same piece of software install in about seconds next's and license agrement included It's not that it's moves slowly but all the apps are hanging FF stops responing the app install pauses just stands there I can still open the start menu and select an application which starts after minute or so I have tried that with and without antivirus same deal The HDD can't be broken because the last Windows it had on it was still a W but in a AMD configuration I formatted it and installed W on this machine The RAM is OK OSX and linux are blazing fast compared to my W when on my older pc the AMD mentioned above W moved blazing fast and the Linux and OSX moved slower Anyhow I am totally out of ideas I am thinking of buying more RAM low budget right now but I am certain this is not the cause to all that is happening I am a experienced to very experienced PC user I tried to cover here some of your possible questions but I am sure I overlooked something Please pitch in have any of you had this problem I can't seem to find anything completely related to my issue in Google Thanks Arthur

A:Windows 7 Ultimate X64 extreme lag

I just updated my system specs, everything in detail.

LE: Thanks for moving it, I actually looked for a bit after the proper category, my eyes apparently skipped this category.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/114574-windows-7-ultimate-x64-extreme-lag.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I am using an ECS Kv Extreme motherboard It works great Looking for someone that uses the ECS Extreme Q-boot func? F11 Mobo KV2 same board I want to use the f ECS KV2 Extreme Mobo F11 Q-boot func? key to boot from another drive When I press F during boot it works correctly calling up a menu for selecting another boot device I want to select from two different IDE drives That menu comes up ok but whichever drive I choose it always come up with the drive bios has as the st drive Both drives work when I put them st on the bios list Does this motherboard work the way I want it to Everything else works great on the board Could it be that bios hasn t been fixed for this problem The work around I m now using is going into bios and changes the drive to boot from Kind of slow I am already doing multi-boot of windows on one drive and want a different clean drive to boot from Help from someone using this F key on this motherboard would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:ECS KV2 Extreme Mobo F11 Q-boot func?

I am going to make a recomindation reformat everything, install windows first XP first if using other windows and then install the other OS's on other hard drive, if not using windows then will have to get the help of another software to boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ecs-kv2-extreme-mobo-f11-q-boot-func.73377/
Relevancy 59.34%

As the title says I need to know what kind of RAM to buy for an ECS PF21 Extreme mobo, i currently have a wintec AMPX 1 stick of 512 mb of ram in it, however i want to upgrade to 2 gigs, and since i can not find the AMPX stick of RAM i had bought on newegg again im just gonna go and get 2 1 gig RAM stick but i have no idea what to buy. All i know from heart is that its a 240 pin connector, ddr2, and i think its pc2 - 4200 (I have no idea what PC2 - 4200 means). But yeah that's about it. I would prefer the RAM to have a heatsink that comes with it. I was thinking about getting this http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1882393&CatId=2366 . Is this the right thing to get? Any suggestions? I'd prefer the price to be around $50.

A:Need to know what kind of RAM to buy for a ECS PF21 extreme mobo.

Either look up the recommended memory makers and products in the manual that came with the board or on their website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-know-what-kind-of-ram-to-buy-for-a-ecs-pf21-extreme-mobo.96035/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hiyas all having read the raves i got an Asus Striker Extreme mobo supposedly supporting quad core got a nice new Q as well Put it all together see work!! dont Striker mobo extreme specs in the sig and Striker extreme mobo dont work!! what do you know It wont post I had a look through a few forums and it seems i am one of many having probs withthis board I tried asus support their advice was unplug everything except mem stick and one gpu clear cmos reboot Tried that and it still doesnt work There are two main issues from what i have picked up outside of asus first being the meg L cache on the chip - it seems strikers dont like it - and th eother is mem I have gig of patriot mem running at v and the mobo defaults to v so it wont recognise Striker extreme mobo dont work!! themem I tried DDR and got the same overall effect just in a different place It seems it is an easy to cure prob all you have to do is flash the latest Striker extreme mobo dont work!! bios and the board hopefully works again NOW for the q - how do you flash the bios when you cant get a post Seems a complete catch situation The best solution i saw was on ebay where you could get a new bios chip with latest installed which as solutions go is pretty ugly and should NOT have to be done but if it wirks it works Trouble is they dont seem to be there any more -i wondered why they sold so well now i know If anyone has a solution would really love to hear it coz after the money i spent i am really gettin humpy nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Please help I'm at a loss as to what to try next My system recently started performing unexpected shutdowns BSOD reboots seemingly at random and always when under load First noticed when doing Handbrake rips to m v files Sometimes generating a GB p file would go normally 64 Ultimate III Rampage 7 on - Unexpected Extreme Shutdowns Windows then doing a GB p rip would case a reboot Tried the Windows memory tests -- always passes OK Tried the PassMark BurnIn Test Standard with default settings and got a reboot within minutes Have been monitoring temps via HWMonitor and nothing unusual -- all temps are OK Overclocking is all ASUS defaults Unexpected Shutdowns - Windows 7 64 Ultimate on Rampage III Extreme CPU-Z reports CPU at GHz with to core voltage Memory shows DRAM freq of MHz - - - and NB freq of GHz Very few hours on this machine I use this box infrequently -- intended mostly for video editing and After Effects work Windows x Ultimate retail - clean install less than months ago GB RAM -- Windows memory tests always end OK i Bloomfield ASUS Rampage III Extreme Corsair Gold EX supply Booting from GB RAID Data on GB RAID All drivers are up-to-date Security Essentials runs in GB Also regularly use WinASO CCleaner and MalwareBytes I'm attaching the contents of the Windows NT BSOD jcgriff folder as per instructions Thanks

A:Unexpected Shutdowns - Windows 7 64 Ultimate on Rampage III Extreme

2 Kits RMA'd by Kingston after Memtest86 reported failures in multiple addresses.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/216734-unexpected-shutdowns-windows-7-64-ultimate-rampage-iii-extreme.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a client with 5-6 users running Sage Peachtree Quantum. Currently it's connected peer to peer with one system hosting the files while other systems are connected to it via Mapped Network Drive.

Should I run a centralized server running Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 or continue running it as a workstation with Windows 7 x64?

A:Do I need a workstation or server?

If you don't have any problems, I don't see any reason to change.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/222838-do-i-need-workstation-server.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a windows 2000 sever and workstations that are win 95 & 98. My bosses machine is windows 2000 professional. When I browse the network his machine is seen with the servers not the other workstations. How can I change his machine to be a workstation like the rest? I think this might be why he has the problem of right clicking on something in the server taking 20 seconds for the copy window to open. Can somebody help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/workstation-is-seen-as-a-server.284977/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a small server with six computer hooked up. All the computers are fine except one. It can accept the server but the server cannot see it. If I try to ping it from the server or another workstation, it says it does not exist. I can ping the server from the workstation fine. The workstation has a printer hooked up to it that other workstations print to but now they cannot see it. If I run ipconfig/release and then renew, it cannot get a new IP address, but if I reboot it, it will get one. IP addresses are dynamic. Does anyone know what is going on? Thanks.

Relevancy 55.47%

How am I able to control my server from a simple Nt workstation. I want to be able to view what is happening on the server and how much space is available on the drives.

Thank You

A:{Advice Given} - Workstation act as Server

Check out the Virtual Network Console at:
http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/

Works on almost any platform, and gives you full control of a remote machine (even mouse and keyboard).

Hope this helps....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-given-workstation-act-as-server.28811/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello there,

I have a 2 comp network. 1 comp 's running Win 2K Server, the other Workstation. There are no special services running on the server (apart from being the domain controller).

I can't think of any good reason to justify such setup. Any comments?

Regardless, I want to setup a P2P network. Is it possible to 'downgrade' the server to a workstation without re-installing? If yes, how?

TIA

A:Win 2K: Switching from Server to Workstation

I know of no way to "downgrade" from server to 2K-Pro, and Microsoft doesn't either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-2k-switching-from-server-to-workstation.173293/
Relevancy 55.47%

[SCENARIO]

I have a server and two workstations connected to it.

[PROBLEM]

The server can acces and ping the workstations, but the workstations cant acces or ping the server.
The IP ranges are the same and they are all on the same workgroup.

What can be wrong?

A:Workstation cant acces Server

firewall may be blocking.in such a case

At command prompt, type dnscmd /config /enableednsprobes 0 , and then press ENTER

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/workstation-cant-acces-server-200623.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I need to know if the tools that come in the NT4 server resource kit will install and run under NT4 Workstation. Anyone know? Also, are the tools similar to those in the Win2K server resource kit?

A:NT4 Workstation and NT4 Server resource kit

you can load the nt server resource kit on nt workstation. that is how i do it on mine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt4-workstation-and-nt4-server-resource-kit.42693/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi forum mates Situation An Active Directory AD has numerous Registered Users to the Domain DM using msServer SP Numerous wsPC running XPWin SP joined the Domain and appears as login Server. Can't from WorkStation to PCs in the AD User Computer dialog at Can't login to WorkStation from Server. the Server The Server Can't login to WorkStation from Server. have static address eg while all other wsPCs have similar static address ie xxx Pinging with the TCP IP address among all the PCs and server in both in out has no problems at all Issue After some weeks without any undue events DM s Administrator or any DM s Registered User logged in at the Server suddenly failed to access particular wsPCs The error message is -Pc is not accessible U might not have permission to use this network resource Contact Admin of this server if u have access rights There are currently no logon servers availiable to serve this logon request Note All wsPCs in the Domain appears in the network on the Server Any other users login at the various wsPCs within the Domain can access each other including the problem wsPCs eg -PC DM Registered User login at Server are able login to other non problem wsPCs showed on the Server Thanks in Advance nbsp

A:Can't login to WorkStation from Server.

Check the logs. Sounds like a DNS issue somewhere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-login-to-workstation-from-server.773770/
Relevancy 55.47%

How do i know if i have a server or a workstation and whats the difference and what the heck are they anyway??

Relevancy 55.04%

I have a precision 490 workstation for video editing and I'm looking to max out the ram to 32GB. I see some of the compatible ram available is listed as "server only," yet all their specs appear to be the same as that for desktop. So what's the difference?

A:Precision 490 Workstation RAM, server or desktop?

Not sure about the difference, but here are the Dell validated 4GB memory sticks and 5 digit part numbers =9F035 4GB, 667MHz, ECCMWP63 4GB, 667MHz, ECCDR397 4GB, 667MHz, ECCUW730 4GB, 533MHz, ECC
Quad Channel FBD-DDR2 (Fully Buffered DIMM) Memory supportECC PC2-4200F 533 MHz or PC2-5300F 667 MHz FBD-DDR2 SD-RAM256MB, 512MB, 1GB, 2GB, 4GB DIMM sizes512MB minimum/32GB maximum

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19987029
Relevancy 55.04%

On XP you have remote desktop, which is basically terminal server, but on a workstation. Is it possible to run a terminal server service on a 2000 workstation also?

Cheers, Dan

A:Terminal server on 2000 workstation

I had the same question and could not find an answer. It seems TS cannot be installed on a 2k workstation. You can however load remote desktop on a win 2k client. You can also run netmeeting which allows remote desktop sharing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/terminal-server-on-2000-workstation.173509/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I m new here and have been handed a program to use that allows client installation through a mapped drive Using server I have mapped drives on all workstations to the Program folder on the server I have sucessfully instaled issue.. program Server, workstation or the client software on an XP workstation a Win - workstation and have failed to install on a vista and a win stations In each instance of the failure I am connected as administrator to the server the files are visible and when I select the client setup file- it unpacks it and gives me a SEVERE You must install Server, workstation or program issue.. client setup from a mapped drive Now I m no dummy but I can see the server and access files I think it s mapped Why is it possible to install onsome but not others I use the same adminstrator password to access the server from all workstations I m lost Oh- and the program help line costs bucks to acctivate Without it you cannot submit a ticket for trouble help So I m hoping someone knows what is happening here nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-workstation-or-program-issue.1008145/
Relevancy 55.04%

My brother in law runs a roofing company that uses Lotus approach as a database for it's customers, etc. They currently have four workstations. The database is actually set-up pretty nice. Right now there are peer to peer without a server. I need a decent server with raid capability for a cheap price.
I found this:

http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/shop/detail~dpno~483010.asp
what do you guys think. have you ever heard of them?

Relevancy 55.04%

i have an infection that stored in a roaming profile i guess.  i run malwarebytes it finds 20 infections on the workstation that is logged in, tell it remove them, reboot and boom they are right back.  go to another workstation log in with that user, same thing, 20 infections, reboot, they right back.  

scanned server with avast business online (it found and deleted 2 infections in profile) but now it doesnt find anything during scans.

unplug workstation from network, scan with malwarebytes and it finds 2 infections in the stored profile, clean, reboot, they are right back.

also tried spybot and adw let them clean stuff they found but same 20 infections pop back up in malwarebytes after reboot though spybot and adw are now show a clean system.

what can i run on the server to clean the profiles?  what progs can i use on the workstation that will clean these infections so they dont come back after reboot?  TIA 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618262/malware-caught-between-workstation-and-server/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi everybody. I have Small Business network with one file server and 25 workstations in workgroup. Lately I've been experiencing some difficulties. Latest: one of the user cannot sign in into network share on the file server from one computer but can do it from another. I setup same profile with credentials and one is Ok but not another. All workstations have Windows 7 64 bit and our file server is Windows Server 2008 R2. I tried few things suggested on this site but it didn't work.
Thank you

A:Cannot access File Server from one workstation but can from another wi

All I can think of is licensing, upon a search I came across this:
operating systems - File sharing user limits - Super User

See if it is your case.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/379699-cannot-access-file-server-one-workstation-but-can-another-wi.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Need info on redirecting a workstation to the server. All 5 workstations are set to "Automatically Detect IP Address." One of the workstations does not detect the server. Installed a new PCI Network Card, seems to be installed correctly, driver installed, Windows XP Pro recognized new hardware. Went into Device Manager and Device Shows up as operating correctly, but when I open "Explorer" and also try to communicate with the Server Database, cannot find it. Can you help?
[email protected]

A:Cannot view Server files on Workstation

Are you on a workgroup or a Domain?
Whats the Server Software?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-view-server-files-on-workstation-449280.html
Relevancy 55.04%

The user has to login 3 different times before the log in will succeed to successfully give him his desktop. Any thoughts?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/261256/xp-pro-workstation-in-a-server-2003-envirnoment/
Relevancy 55.04%

Uninstall NT server from pc with NT Workstation also installed

Hi,

I have a problem..
I have NT workstation installed on my C drive.

I then went and installed NT Server on the D drive (partition).

Now I want to remove NT Server from my pc completely (so that I can put Win2000 on my D drive)

Does anyonme know how I can remove NT server without wrecking the NT Workstation install?

Any help MUCH appreciated,
cheers
Jenny

A:Uninstall NT server from pc with NT Workstation also installed

You should not have any problem removing the server version from the D drive. All boot information is on the C drive and you only need to remove the option for NT server from the boot.ini file and change the default line to point to the NT workstation location. Boot.ini is read-only, so change that attribute first. Then simply delete or reformat the D drive (depending on whether there is data to save). Then install W2k.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstall-nt-server-from-pc-with-nt-workstation-also-installed.97712/
Relevancy 55.04%

Ever wonder what the differences are between Microsoft workstation OSes and their server OSes are? Apparently nothing but a few registry entries...

A new little program currently circulating on the web called NTswitch allows you to change Windows 2000 Pro into Windows 2000 Server (Windows XP Pro into Windows.NET Server) and vice versa by backing up your registry, making some changes, and then restoring it.

[Read More]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ntswitch-changing-a-workstation-to-a-server.74396/
Relevancy 55.04%

I set up a Server for a production team that I work for online that deals with GUIs, Skins, Maps, etc with CS:S. I installed Mani Admin Plugin, left the server un-secure (long story), and then tested it. I logged in and experienced something that I wish I didn't. The lag was extreme, and I was scoring as high as 130 ping on my own server. I am on a router, although I wouldn't think that it would do that much to the server. Whenever I walk around, I get detained back constantly, and I can't run a server like this. Any help would be very appreciated. The server ip is 192.168.0.105:27015 .

*PS*
My friend, who just so happens to be a member of the team reported that he couldn't log on, that it would say "Server Not Responding", along with any server that I would creat in-game (they also have mani setup).

A:Extreme Lag in Source Dedicated Server

Someone here knows, right?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extreme-lag-in-source-dedicated-server.70009/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey, howsit?

having some trouble with my box, it's a Pentium III 866MHz. When I 'Turn Off' the PC, it powers all the way down to a blank screen, but the box itself does not power off automatically, I have to turn off manually. Is this a BIOS thing??

like I said having some trouble.

A:Using old server as a workstation, comp does not power down automatically

Some useful information would be helpful..
What brand/make is the computer? What motherboard? What OS are you using?

Yes, it can be anything from a design flaw or buggy BIOS to a simple setting in the OS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-old-server-as-a-workstation-comp-does-not-power-down-automatically.47153/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi everybody. I have Small Business  network with one file server and 25 workstations in workgroup. Lately I've been experiencing some difficulties. Latest: one of the user cannot sign in into network share on the file server from one computer but can
do it from another. I setup same profile with credentials and one is Ok but not another. All workstations have Windows 7 64 bit and our file server is Windows Server 2008 R2. I tried few things suggested on this site but it didn't work.
Thank you

Sam Goykhman

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/36201af8-5283-45a4-9c43-8290d04b8eb1/cannot-access-file-server-from-one-workstation-but-can-from-another-with-same-credential?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 54.61%

A brand-new Compaq workstation running Windows Vista has to log in to the Dell PowerEdge server (running Windows Server 2003) every time it reboots. Each time we log in to the server from the workstation, we check the box that says, "Remember password," but it doesn't. My assumption is that it's a security issue somewhere, but since I'm new to Vista, I don't know where to start. The workstation is pre-loaded with Windows Defender, Norton Protection Center and no telling what else.

Anybody know a good starting point?

Thanks!

A:Workstation can't remember server password after reboot

Update... actually, the workstation doesn't have to be rebooted to require a log-in to the server. As soon as someone connects to the server from the workstation and closes whatever window was open, the server can't be accessed again without logging on. But if you log on and leave the server folder open, you can work all day without logging in again. Hmmm.... I've never seen anything like it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/workstation-cant-remember-server-password-after-reboot.679127/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have setup a network with a windows 2003 server and 3 workstations. I can access the 3 workstations linked to my server, but I cannot access the server from the workstations... getting an error msg saying that I don't have permission to access the server.

Can anyone tell me how I can solve this problem?

Thanks,
Riggie

Relevancy 54.61%

I had to disable both the Workstation and Server Services in order to prevent my Windows XP Pro from hanging during start-up, but now what? My PC started hanging during the start-up process, so I went through Safe Mode and then did a clean boot. When I went through the re-enabled steps, I discovered that both Workstation and Server Services had to be Disabled to prevent the system from hanging. I was able to manually start both the Workstation and Server Services from the Services program, but then the system hung the next time I restarted. I didn't install any new programs. I have McAfee's AT&T Internet Suite running, if that makes any difference. The PC works with Workstation and Server Services disabled, but I want to be able to use printer and file sharing on my home network.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Ward

A:Fixing Broken Services: Workstation and Server

Could be file corruption...malware...etc.

Did you take a look in Event Viewer for clues?

Are all critical updates installed?

Louis

FWIW: I don't believe there is any single application...that adequately protects a system. I've been wrong before .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/224908/fixing-broken-services-workstation-and-server/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi folks. I"m guessing I'm out of luck but I have to reauthenticate after I reboot when I want to access my windows home server when using a Live account login for Windows 8. I see some of the benefits but is there any way to add a local login that the PC will use against machines like windows 7 shares and WHS 11 when you try to authenticate against them? Kind of a backwards compatible login somewhere in the background? Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/8455-authenticating-against-home-server-other-workstation-using-live-log.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Good evening in an attemp to be brief I've been using this build for several months without any issues but suddenly a week or so ago I start having seemingly random BSODs I believe I've narrowed down the problem to these suspects AIMP music player causes some graphical glitches if set to be quot always on top home (used Server BSOD as @ Enterprise workstation) quot and another app goes fullscreen althought I've used it for a while without any real problems TeamSpeak voice chatting program recetly installed Ragnarok an quot old quot game recently installed tried several compatibility modes just in case but with no effect KeyMaestro keyboard driver BSOD @ Enterprise Server (used as home workstation) and utility an older version was responsible for BSODs on Windows but I've been using this one for month without issues Firefox Aurora alpha version updated constanly CCleaner foolishly used it's quot registry cleaner quot capabilities already undone changes and awaiting to see effect and Windows Search recently installed haven't tried disabling it yet But finding wich one is the real culprit is proving to be a troublesome task hence I turn to you hoping you may help me solve this irksome situation I attach more than enough information about the system you can have a quick look at this CPU-Z Screenshot or this Speccy generated report http speccy piriform com results W nvfPsgX gcFNPw

A:BSOD @ Enterprise Server (used as home workstation)

Hola Zippo, bien venidos a SF!

I've had a quick look at your latest jump to see if that would confirm your suspicion and it seems to do that. It points to Maestro2.sys. Remove it (as a test) completely and retry?

HTML Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80048e8084, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff88002a2e224, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------

Could not read faulting driver name

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80001eb4100
fffffa80048e8084

FAULTING_IP:
Maestro2+1224
fffff880`02a2e224 410fb74704 movzx eax,word ptr [r15+4]

MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 0

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT_SERVER_MINIDUMP

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50

PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

DEVICE_OBJECT: fffffa80033784d0

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800a1fbf80 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800a1fbf80)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000240 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=00000000ffffffff rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff88002a2e224 rsp=fffff8800a1fc110 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=fffffa8001f6b770 r9=0000000000000004 r10=0000000000000000
r11=00000000ffffffff r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po nc
Maestro2+0x1224:
fffff880`02a2e224 410fb74704 movzx eax,word ptr [r15+4] ds:a000:00000000`00000004=????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80001c30a0c to fffff80001c84d00

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0a1fbe18 fffff800`01c30a0c : 00000000`00000050 fffffa80`048e8084 00000000`00000000 fffff880`0a1fbf80 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0a1fbe20 fffff800`01c82e2e : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`048e8084 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`048e7e40 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x4621f
fffff880`0a1fbf80 fffff880`02a2e224 : 00000000`00000001 fffff800`01c8abcc ffffffff`ffb3b4c0 fffff880`02a225cf : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
fffff880`0a1fc110 00000000`00000001 : fffff800`01c8abcc ffffffff`ffb3b4c0 fffff880`02a225cf fffffa80`048e7e40 : Maestro2+0x1224
fffff880`0a1fc118 fffff800`01c8abcc : ffffffff`ffb3b4c0 fffff880`02a225cf fffffa80`048e7e40 fffff880`02a225cf : 0x1
fffff880`0a1fc120 fffffa80`04bfd3e0 : 00000000`00000028 00000000`00000004 00000000`00000026 fffff880`02a1f0a0 : nt!ExAcquireResourceExclusiveLite+0x14f
fffff880`0a1fc190 00000000`00000028 : 00000000`00000004 00000000`00000026 fffff880`02a1f0a0 fffff900`c01c0027 : 0xfffffa80`04bfd3e0
fffff880`0a1fc198 00000000`00000004 : 00000000`00000026 fffff880`02a1f0a0 fffff900`c01c0027 fffff880`0a1fc218 : 0x28
fffff880`0a1fc1a0 00000000`00000026 : fffff880`02a1f0a0 fffff900`c01c0027 fffff880`0a1fc218 00000000`00000028 : 0x4
fffff880`0a1fc1a8 fffff880`02a1f0a0 : fffff900`c01c0027 fffff880`0a1fc218 00000000`00000028 fffff880`0a1fc218 : 0x26
fffff880`0a1fc1b0 fffff880`02a2067e : 00000000`00000048 00000000`00000048 ffffffff`fd050f80 fffff900`c01c9010 : kbdclass!WPP_RECORDER_SF_+0x98
fffff880`0a1fc1f0 fffff880`02a207e3 : fffffa80`04bfd3e0 fffffa80`04bfd300 00000000`00000103 00000000`00000000 : kbdclass!Keyboa... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/173898-bsod-enterprise-server-used-home-workstation.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I would like to ask some advice

I have recently purchased a Dell T105 Workstation/Server.

I aim to use it as a multi-media hub of sorts to store Videos, music, photos etc that can be accessed
by all the other computers on my network (and from the net). I want use it as a server (with no keyboard, mouse or screen attached).

It came with no O/S installed (I parted with only one ?20 note ).
So my question is, as its a workstation/server, which O/S would suit my needs best.....I was just going to install Microsoft Windows Home server on it? (anyone used this and if so would it suit my needs?).

Maybe one of you guys has a better, more practical option or suggestion?

Any advice is much appreciated

Cheers

Dave

A:What O/S do you recommend for my Dell T105 Workstation/server?

Hi there Dave,

Windows Home Server would be fine if you was just going to use it as a multi-media hub or even what I prefer to use is Windows Server 2008 just incase I want to do other things and run other applications etc...

You could of saved a bit of money by buying a NAS and using that to store photo's and videos etc.. But hey ho .

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/274682-what-o-s-do-you-recommend-my-dell-t105-workstation-server.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Does anybody know why my Fedora 21 Workstation Virtual Machine on a Win 10 machine won't connect to Win Server 2012 R2 machine when using Hyper-V and a virtual switch with an external interface as well as with it using ethernet connection?

If so please let me know as soon as you can.

A:Why won't Fedora 21 Workstation VM on Win 10 machine connect to Win Server 2012 R2

Ask in the Linux OS form, will get more responses there. It is a sub forum of the OS forum.

https://hardforum.com/threads/why-wont-fedora-21-workstation-vm-on-win-10-machine-connect-to-win-server-2012-r2.1894980/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I m having an issue with sharing a HP printer from a XP Pro print server to a windows workstation The workstations are workstation server windows 7 Sharing printer on print to XP all on the same workgroup and all Sharing printer on XP print server to windows 7 workstation running off the same switch There are some xp workstations and some w worskstations The xp workstations add the printer via the sharename quot Print-SVR HP Colour quot O K but the w machines continually ask me for a password to which I enter and get rejected If I add the printer directly via it s IP address by creating a TCP IP port it works perfectly fine I have disabled all firewalls and set full access to everyone on the printer When I view all the devices on the workgroup I can see the other workstations as well as the print server When I double click on another workstation both XP and W from a W machine I am granted access without being prompted for a password except for the print server When I try the print server I am asked for a password which it does not accept My question is Why am I only asked for a password on the w machines and why does it not accept it when entered Also I have an identical setup at other locations however at these other locations the workstations are either all xp or all windows The print servers are identical and running xp at all locations The only thing that differs at this location is that the workstations are a mix of w and xp on the workgroup I don t see how this could cause a problem as the print server should be indifferent I believe it will be a setting or a permissions issue on the print server but have run out of places to look If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sharing-printer-on-xp-print-server-to-windows-7-workstation.1001093/
Relevancy 53.75%

I need help solving this problem Recently I had networking my two computers together Computer A server with Win XP Prof SP Pentium GHz Computer B workstation with Win XP Prof SP Pentium II MHz Fast ethernet cards were installed on each computer and connect with a ports swich Computer B has Realtec RTL trouble workstation server file shared in from reading fast ethernet card A trouble reading shared file in server from workstation telephone modenn is attached to Computer A I ran windows networking wizard and use floppy disk method to install the Computer B I turn Firewall off on both computers It appeared that the networking trouble reading shared file in server from workstation is successed as I can view shared documents containing shared picture shared video and shared music of trouble reading shared file in server from workstation both computers from either one When I clicked on control panel gt network connection the diagram on both computers indicated that the local area network functioned The problem is that after I made a new folder I shared it and allowed maxium permission to view edit data from other computer for shared data file on copmuter A I cannot access this file from computer B Message quot you do not have the right to this path quot Detail quot you do not have right to computer A name new folder sub-folder file I never set up the administrator or user on either computer as they will be use in family This shared folder has permission for everyone users besides owner I can ping from each computer with replies I ran ipconfig on each computer Computer A Computer B DHCP enable no yes IP address Subnet Mask default gateway blank DHCP server DNS server Just for a trial I have created another folder on Computer A with diffrent name and it does not made any difference Computer B cannot read this file neither I double click ths folder icon on Computer B shown on Computer B when I click the quot my network connection quot on desktop screen and it won t let me access Please help Amy solution besides reformat the hard disks and re-install every things Thank you nbsp

A:trouble reading shared file in server from workstation

Is the folder you are trying to access SHARED? Make sure the EVERYONE FULL CONTROL is set on the SHARE permissions of the folder.

Go into the SECURITY tab of the folder and make sure EVERYONE is there and give them FULL CONTROL permissions.

(I would never recommend doing this on a larger network but since it is just a home network, this is the easiest way to troubleshoot. We can bring down the access rights once we figure out what is going on)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-reading-shared-file-in-server-from-workstation.699468/
Relevancy 53.75%

ok I have this major problem at work and - XP Server Workstation 2003 Windows download new Cannot apps even my part time tech guy has no clue We recently bought a new Dell Server with Windows installed on it Our office workstations were previously linked by a workgroup After my tech guy hooked us all up on the server our domain profiles on our workstation cannot see our Windows 2003 Server - XP Workstation Cannot download new apps files on the C Windows 2003 Server - XP Workstation Cannot download new apps drive when trying to install programs Below are three examples of what is happening with three different programs I am a domain administrator and an administrator on my local machine The weather channel desktop thingy I can download the setup exe file from the website but when I try and run an error message pops up stating that windows cannot find C Programs Please make sure the path is typed correctly blah blah blah I hit ok and the error disappears and the setup stops running Share-O - -Team Application that enables you to share your Outlook calendars inbox and prob everything else I can install this app with no problems but when I open up my Outlook the Share-O program pops up and says it cannot find the database to store incoming messages When I look on the C drive the folder is there and completely accessible Spybot - I tried to run Spybot today and when it found something I would receive a message stating that it could not be written to the folder These problems only happen when I am logged into my domain profile I have no problems if I am logged in on my local machine profile Also my tech guy set no restrictions on any file or extensions I tried to install the weather thingy on my co-workers computer and the same thing happened I am hoping someone can help me out If you need anythign else just let me know Thanks Brenda nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server-xp-workstation-cannot-download-new-apps.732898/
Relevancy 53.75%

hi I added a new workstation OS WinXP Pro on our office network we are using a Linksys port switch hub and a WIndows NT Server the Newly server. from the disconnects connected workstation rest I usually never had a problem adding a new PC in the network win winME or WinXp operating systems not until yesterday This is the scenario Whenever I plug in the ethernet cable of the said Newly connected workstation disconnects the rest from the server. new workstation at the hub the rest of the old workstation connected to server gets cut off disconnected on the network My officemates unable to access the servers mapped drive drive F G etc plus the fact when they tried to restart the computer and try to log on it says something like Newly connected workstation disconnects the rest from the server. quot no domain server or wrong password quot But if i unplugged the new workstations ethernet cable everything s goes back to normal This is new to me and this is strange Because just recently I added a workstation using XP and never I did experience that occurences The office LAN has a domain workgroup and using also NETBEUI which is manually installed on the XP Pro CD What causes this problem please help Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I'm going to use Windows Server for a file server on-site backup OK Here is what I have learned just enough to talk the talk but not walk the walk Actually Win 's file system is ReFS And ReFS is a whole lot different from NTFS Have a read http msdn microsoft com en-us library windows desktop hh v vs aspx https blogs msdn com Windows 2012: --- Use also? ReFS as Server NTFS? vs Workstation b b archive edirected true http www pcmag com article asp For obvious reasons I want all my files systems to be converted from NTFS to ReFS I think MS calls that Data Windows Server 2012: Use as Workstation also? --- ReFS vs NTFS? Deduplication but I need to read more http msdn microsoft com en-us library windows desktop hh v vs aspx What I have learned though is that yes you can convert Windows Server to a Workstation but you will encounter lots and lots of problems Not relevant here but I can list them if you wish What I need Windows Server 2012: Use as Workstation also? --- ReFS vs NTFS? to know is how do I converted all my many TB's to ReFS If I dump Win for Win Blue I know Win will read my NTFS but how can I convert them to ReFS Another final question What do you guys think about Windows Blue I hear it's much faster than my Win bit Ultimate I don't like slow

A:Windows Server 2012: Use as Workstation also? --- ReFS vs NTFS?

Based on what I read on link #2, only the server version of Windows 8 supports formatting to ReFS file system so I think you must use Windows Server 2012 as a file server instead of 8 or Blue. Also, based on link #2, neither Windows 8 or server 2012 can even boot on a ReFS file system. They can only boot with NTFS. However, with Server 2012, you can probably use disk management to convert all your HDDs to ReFS except the HDD where Server 2012 is installed (not sure if this is true since this is my first time learning about this information, and I've been using Server 2012 as a VM for Metro Apps since its launch).

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/293764-windows-server-2012-use-workstation-also-refs-vs-ntfs.html
Relevancy 53.32%

OK, I have googled and googled but I cannot find any succesfull solution for my problem.
Actually, I found one solution but it doesn't work with Windows Server 2008.

My audio device does not work, when I try to activate it it says "The Audio Service is Not Running."

I started the audio service, and it says: "The Dependency or local group failed to start"

After a bit of research, I discovered that you have to start the dependency, Windows Audio Endpoint Builder. (I checked all the other dependencies, they are started.) When I try to start this, the error comes up:
"Error 0x80070002: System cannot find the file specified."

How can I start the audio?
This is necessary to use my Server 2008.

Thanks,

yanjchan

A:Solved: Windows Server 2008 Workstation Audio Service

I have discovered a solution for myself!
I can't find the original page, but this worked for me.
I almost cried when hearing my system sounds.

For future reference:

1. Run cmd
2. Navigate into

Code:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Audiosrv
3. Look at the DependOnService entry
4. Right click, edit, and remove all values except RpcSs
5. Restart, and cry with joy.

I believe this works on other Vista versions also.

Or, if you're afraid that you might mess something up, try this registry entry.
Save, right click and press "Modify".

(I am not sure if that will work, if it doesn't, try the first method.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-server-2008-workstation-audio-service.773978/
Relevancy 53.32%

Ok I am having several problems First of Service Start Server Or Find Workstation Browser, Cannot Iexplore.exe, Cannot all internet explorer says it cannot find iexplore exe I also cannot view other domain computers Workstation Server and Computer Browser Service won't start because it says a dependency isn't there or something I cannot start Windows Firewall and the service isn't even listed Please help Below is my HJT log The other weird thing I noticed is in the description for Computer Browser it says quot ededededededededede list of computers on the network quot The errors I get when trying to start the services are Could not start the Computer Browser service on Local ComputerError The dependency service or group failed to startCould not start the Workstation service on Local ComputerError The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletionAnd the same error for Server as WorkstationI tried to fix it on my own by deleting some services that didn't look legit I'll list them here and since then is when I cannot view domain computers or start those services O - Service Application Lar Service Appl - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system Com svchost exeO - Service CCProxy - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system Cannot Find Iexplore.exe, Cannot Start Browser, Workstation Or Server Service svchost exeO - Service Remote Administrator Service r server - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system dhcp svchost exeO - Service Secure SSL System secure - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system securessl exeO - Service Support - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS Helpsvcs exeO - Service Symantec Event Managers - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS sv exeLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition mainserv Cannot Find Iexplore.exe, Cannot Start Browser, Workstation Or Server Service exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC WINDOWS system netdde netdde exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system regsvc exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system VTTimer exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Corel Suite Programs DAD EXEC Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exeC Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition apcsystray exeC Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXEC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhostO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe A... Read more

A:Cannot Find Iexplore.exe, Cannot Start Browser, Workstation Or Server Service

New update. After looking at the registry at both lanmanserver and lanmanworkstation, they both have keys of DependOnGroup (which is blank) and DependOneService (set to "secure"). Secure is one of the bad services I had deleted so I am guessing that is why I cannot start these services. Can someone please help? I may need to reformat but I want to see if there is a fix for this. Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/115893/cannot-find-iexploreexe-cannot-start-browser-workstation-or-server-service/
Relevancy 52.89%

We are on a windows server 2008 domain with windows 7 professional pcs.  Two months ago we started receiving this error on all pcs.  The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship.
 We have narrowed it down to being a windows update issue and several updates if installed cause the issue to happen.  KB3146706, KB3149090, KB3153171, KB3161561, KB3147071, KB3156417.  If even one of these updates is installed we cannot change
our passwords.  

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cd0cd366-2b2f-4ac1-81cf-b3308dd39083/the-security-database-on-the-server-does-not-have-a-computer-account-for-this-workstation-trust?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 52.89%

Continuing on from this thread I still haven and Home drives Workstation Server connectivity Mapped XP 2003 with issues t had success keeping mapped drives alive upon reboot To refresh the network setup is as followed x Windows Server Mapped drives connectivity issues with XP Home Workstation and 2003 Server with domain but is not Mapped drives connectivity issues with XP Home Workstation and 2003 Server active on Workstations x Windows XP Home Workstations x Windows Vista Home x Workstation I have mapped drives from Mapped drives connectivity issues with XP Home Workstation and 2003 Server each of the desktops to a folder on the server Every time a PC Workstation is shut off then turned on the mapped drives appear as they were mapped but have disconnected from the server I have to go to each PC and manually reconnect to the server using the username and password I m not sure why these connections are breaking when someone reboots the computer I checked the event log on the server and I m getting an error that might be related Error Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network An unexpected network error occurred Group Policy processing aborted Click to expand nbsp

A:Mapped drives connectivity issues with XP Home Workstation and 2003 Server

Slow or bad dns is my best guess

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-drives-connectivity-issues-with-xp-home-workstation-and-2003-server.886448/
Relevancy 52.89%

Good Morning.
I`ve joined a computer to a domain and when I try loggin on it gives me the message: "The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship".
I've tried making the following:
- Deleting the computer from my domain, deleting the object from AD and joining it again.
- Steps explained in these links:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee849847(v=ws.10).aspx
http://virtualcurtis.wordpress.com/2011/03/02/fix-the-security-database-on-the-server-does-not-have-a-computer-account-for-this-workstation-trust-relationship/
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/8e99c313-92c4-40db-a27f-3b6f94fbf7d0/the-security-database-on-the-server-does-not-have-a-computer-account-for-this-workstation-trust?forum=winserverDS
http://clintboessen.blogspot.in/2011/06/security-database-on-server-does-not.html
And also used netdom and nltest to reset the trust relationship but nothing seemed to work.
Does anybody have any clue?

Raphael Santos | MCP 70-410
Email: [email protected]
Linkedin: http://br.linkedin.com/pub/raphael-santos/39/87b/958/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/392971b1-9d62-4755-b648-90bc02eb17c7/the-security-database-on-the-server-does-not-have-a-computer-account-for-this-workstation-trust?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 52.03%

I used the A75 Pro4-M in my current build, but I'm building another for a friend. I'm not sure if I should go with the same board, or use the B75 Pro3-M this time. It's hard to find any reviews on either of these boards.

I like the PCIE spacing on the A75 board, but I'd also like to try the i5-2500K.
Any opinions?

A:ASRock A75 Pro4-M or Asrock B75 Pro3-M?

I recently built two PC's, one with a gigabyte M/B Z77X UD5H and another with an AS Rock Z77 Professional. The gigabyte has an i7 3700. The AS Rock has an I5 3550. Both zing along and except the gigabyte system has an SSD and the AS Rock has a hard drive I can't tell much difference. I'm using the gigabyte system in my recording studio and the ASRock is my "everyday" PC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/247404-asrock-a75-pro4-m-asrock-b75-pro3-m.html
Relevancy 52.03%

please help me to choose motherboards. i really had hard time choosing among them.

for computer shop motherboard.

thanks

A:H61M-VS R2.0 vs H61M-VS3 asrock MoBo

Hi blitzlamagawa94, Welcome to the forums, Looking at the specs they both appear to be equal with the VS3 slightly on top , what I find strange about them both is they are stated as being win 8 ready but with only USB2.0 support

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/303049-h61m-vs-r2-0-vs-h61m-vs3-asrock-mobo.html
Relevancy 50.31%

1. I am unable to run WOL (Wake On Lan).
2. I am unable to have a DVR PCI Express card recognised by the PC(possibly a motherboard issue).
3. I am unable to view TV from my PCs via the HDMI cable

Could this be a Windows issue or a motherboard issue?

A:Multiple problems with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit or MOBO Z68MA-D2H-B3

This could be a lack of proper amount of ram.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/218757-multiple-problems-windows-7-ultimate-64-bit-mobo-z68ma-d2h-b3.html
Relevancy 49.88%

So I rebooted the win7 workstation went to login to it normally with the users credentials and it acts like its a new user login everything is default all pst's, docs, favs, everything is gone . If you browse the windows explorer you can see there are other similar profiles that it looks like used to be . What would happen if I tried to rename a user in Active directory?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-workstation-on-domain-network-rebooted-workstation-and-login-is-all-gone-572631.html