Windows Support Forum

Data recovery from Comcast external drive

Q: Data recovery from Comcast external drive

I bought recovery external Comcast drive Data from this drive years ago or rather I received as a gift details aside the thing broke and I m having one tiny issue before I can install its guts and save the remainder Data recovery from Comcast external drive of my data Data recovery from Comcast external drive I ve read similar issues on other forums with what is more than likely the same product and found a few conspicuous details It s a Tb drive made up of two Gb WD HD s installed in a Raid format The Primary Master within the case is in a continuous start-up cycle I E Spin up click twice reset so assuming I can get the freezer trick to work long enough I should be able to clean it no problem The problem I DO have is pretty pathetic by comparison I checked the BIOS and the broken drive is recognized as PM while my actual main drive is only M Could this be preventing Windows from normal start-up If so how do I Change the M S setting on a Sata drive so the broken drive is recognized as a slave instead and how do I Change the setting on my main Sata drive to read Primary Master rather than rd Master The second drive is a non-issue it seems as it s recovering fine as I type this but I May have to recover them simultaneously as a virtual Raid if the data is split in some f d way as well Either way only the one drive is giving me problems at the moment nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-from-comcast-external-drive.160230/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Data recovery from Comcast external drive

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 79.98%

So I posted earlier about how I forgot the password of please on data drive: an hard external recovery help my Western Digital MyBook Essentail harddrive I gave up and pursued another option Data recovery I read that basically when data gets deleted it just loses it s tag so it can be replaced by something else Therefore if you delete your data data recovery on an external hard drive: please help but never read write on the drive you should be able to recover many all the files you lost If you enter the password wrong times data recovery on an external hard drive: please help on the Smartware that comes with the MyBook it gives you the option data recovery on an external hard drive: please help to erase your drive losing all your data but enabling you to access the drive again It wipes it basically I also think it reformatted it too as it used to be in what Macintosh calls it quot ms dos quot format or something probably fat right It was in a format so it could be read writable on both macs and pc s So I took the risk and went for it I erased the drive after typing in what i wished was my password but wasn t times Now I am trying to find software that I might be able to use to fix this predicament I m in At the moment I am going to go to bed and leave test disk running It s quick scan only found two partitions some efs thing that I didn t recognize and mac hfs I think I watched on youtube this guy demo d test disk and the name of his partition showed up too I named my harddrive yonbanme I didn t see anything like that pop up now the harddrive s name is reset to WD or something it s model number Any advice is greatly appreciated but I have this lingering feeling that something is off I ve been using software here and there and none of them seem to be able to locate my old files Am I naive in thinking that as long as I do not write any more data to the external harddrive I still should be able to recover my files nbsp

A:data recovery on an external hard drive: please help

Sometimes you can recover data and sometimes you cannot. You are correct in that when you do a normal delete, you are really just removing the references to the file in the MFT or if fat32, the FAT.

Since it did format, and there was some type of security, it may have done a secure type of format or erase of the data. It may still be possible to recover data however it is most likely going to have to go to a data recovery shop. Prices for this are NOT cheap. Here a very basic data recovery costs $100 plus whatever media it used to copy the data. Prices go way up from there.

It does you little good now however we have a saying; "Data you do not have at least two copies of is data you do not care about" With an image backup of the data files, this would be a no brainer to fix. New drive and restore the data; done.

You have learned a valuable lesson regarding backups; hopefully it did not cost you too much data.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-on-an-external-hard-drive-please-help.904191/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi SevenForums First time posting here so thanks in advance for any help offered to this noob Have read over the tutorial thread started by Jumanji quot Windows Request external from guidance: data Recovery for of USB drive Regain a lost drive using Test Disk - An Illustrated Guide quot which was very informative and gave me hope that I might find Request for guidance: Recovery of data from external USB drive assistance here for the issue I've encountered Base issue HDD no longer showing data partition Listed as Disk in the Disk Management screenshot attached Suspected cause Loss of power to external HDD enclosure due to pet rabbit attacking power cable Have read that rabbits see wires as roots that are encroaching upon their warren and actively quot trim quot them as to keep the warren tidy Current status Have removed the drive from the external closure and have installed it as a standard HDD As you can see from the Disk Management screenshot attached the drive is recognized and shows up as quot Unallocated quot and quot Not Initialized quot Using Test Disk to attempt partition recovery see attached screenshot Currently in progress and showing some very cryptic output Has taken over hours to reach analysis complete Unsure of next steps please advise As I said thanks in advance for any suggestions Really appreciate the contributions on this site so far and will endeavor to update this with what works or does not work for me

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/394216-request-guidance-recovery-data-external-usb-drive.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi:
I have a latop that seems to have an overheared motherboard.
I removed it's internal HDD and made it an external HDD of a laptop I bought to replace it.
My new Laptop sees the external HDD but I can not access the documents/pictures/programs, yet the laptop acknowledges the data.
I am running Windows XP on both but the original laptop requested a password for the user.
I am not sure where the problem is.
Any suggestions?

Regarding the overheating, the heatsink was blocked with a wad of LINT.
The laptop will not boot up and basically the led indicators slowly light up and then turn off when I try to boot up.
I am not sure of it is the power connection/fuse(?), something on the mother board, or chip. I did notice a few days before the final crunch that the graphics were distorted.

Gabianni

Relevancy 78.26%

Problem I suspect my external hard drive is old worn out Symptoms Device manager recognizes it as a USB device drive hard recovery External anyway crashed, program? data under Hard Disk but disk management calls it unknown and not initialized No drive letter is shown under External hard drive crashed, anyway data recovery program? my computer When I plug in the hard drive I would hear it spinning up and than quickly down than spinning up again and going back down until it finally just idles Goal Try to recover my jpgs doc and txt files Specs FantomDrives GB model number TFD U had it for about a year and a half now It had an NTFS partition and no special software was used to maintain the external hard drive nor was an operating system installed on it Just basic files if it matters My computer is a windows Vista home External hard drive crashed, anyway data recovery program? basic on a acer aspire laptop How it happened just before I left for work i had things downloaded STRAIGHT to the hard drive When I get home it seems someone in the household unplugged everything to move the laptop Since than the drive has crashed However even before External hard drive crashed, anyway data recovery program? this I noticed strange behavior like it would just stop being recognized as a hard drive in the middle of copying a GB file but at that time it was on a mac so I assumed it may have just been operating system differences with the NTFS partition Self Attempts I ve tried the drive on multiple computers as well as on macs No new drive appears I ve also tried a program called TestDisk but the program only saw my internal hard drive and nothing else After it asks me for a log thats the next screen I got and it only found one drive even though my external hard drive was connected Perhaps testDisk isn t the best of program Is there any method I can try or other programs I am desperate to recover mainly my documents and text files as well as jpgs Thank you for your time nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

Hi everyone My external USb Wd mybook box has tb Seagate Sata and i use original Wd disc as W installed in My PC Case as sata II Today my old problem appears again as Corrupted disc I recovery external Data data but problem, space. Can reach no corrupted have Get Data Back NTFS and i used before plenty of times for recovery loss data or unwanted deletions but This time im stuck Becouse the disk i try to recover includes gb about used disk space only audio files only gb about empty space Thats too big for me to recover to other disks i don't have enough spaces that my other disks can handle I have about gb FREE disk space in several disks or partitions include My thinkpad SL Notebook Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. --------- So my question is wit keeping my lost data in corrupted disk first can i take them slowly to this gb spaces i know i can and after create somehow emty space deleting those recovered gb on corrupted disk and use that empty space for more recovery Or smilar solutions Becouse DISC PRICES IS HEAVY nowadays and really i'm out of budget with buying some equipments upgrades ---------- IS THERE Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. ANY PRACTICALLY POSSIBLE SOLUTION even can take very long time Like creating slowly slowly some extra spaces don't know how I know i look silly in Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. situation becouse i know u should never write to same disc if you dont want to say goodbye to your files E-how happened not necessary to read these part according my experiences Thats the mistakes DOn't do those at the same time After Letting my Share program DC took big share space on that disk today -there were people downloading from my disk and don't know why i did that -i used heavly that disk to tag amp rename my music -Also let windows seven index -and also let my dc indexes my share I did these things at the same time disks was working My Downloads were happening another disk but it didnt help there were no any problems im just suspicious about some virus worked on this corruption but i don't have enough clue to say that Seems overload processes made this corruption Also one more mistake i made even i know shouldnt that there was a single folder with about gb value in my musics as jukebox folder Also don't do that normally i allow for download and upload only single disk for example gb Anyway somehow after restarting my OS i suddenly see half of my data was gone from TB disk and stupidly unlike other times while using get data back i tried to write a little amount from lost data to free space on same disc then immediately i gave up but this time disk become unstable Completly corrupted after restart my restart reasons are immediate quit for suspicious virus etc with using removal batch files becouse i SO as classic sorry to take ur time and PLEASE Help

A:Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space.

Hi,

Before you write more data or attempt to read data from the drive through Windows, I would suggest using a Live CD like SysRescueCD to boot from and access the HDD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/213342-data-recovery-problem-can-reach-corrupted-data-but-no-external-space.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I booted up my Win 7 computer today and ChkDsk said my Ex HDD may have been corrupted and proceeded to delete some files. Those were some very important files - how can I get them back? (Video and Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 files)

I prefer free methods on this - I know I can buy software to do this, but I currently don't have the money. Or a very cheap method, if nothing else.

It's ironic that today was the day I was going to back up this drive.

Please help!

A:External HDD data recovery - Chkdsk erased some data!!

"How To Recover CHK Files Created by CHKDSK and SCANDISK ? Raymond.CC Blog"
How To Recover CHK Files Created by CHKDSK and SCANDISK

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/22300-external-hdd-data-recovery-chkdsk-erased-some-data.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have problems mine is recovering data from a DVD-R amp a friend is looking for my help in recovering data from a quot corrupted quot Flash Drive I was burning data on a DVD-R multiple sessions disk when my Burner crapped out while using Nero I now have a new Burner amp when I go back into this disk I can only read data from my st session when I compare the s from Nero s disk info tool however it also shows that session is still open but I cannot read anything from sessions amp Looking around I spotted CD Recovery Tool Box Free is there anything more recent and or better that would let me try to recover the data on this disk The data in session is still on my HD but I would like to be able to recover the data in the other sessions worst DVD-R data recovery data Flash & Drive recovery possible case even just the file names would be a DVD-R data recovery & Flash Drive data recovery small plus Now for the Flash Drive It is a Lexar Gig DVD-R data recovery & Flash Drive data recovery amp what supposedly happened is that Peter lent it to a fellow employee so he could extract some data probably a mistake When he got it back a few minutes later amp tried to use it all he got was a message that it was corrupted As it has all of his product codes phone numbers amp personal sales data for the last year he is really desperate to try amp recover DVD-R data recovery & Flash Drive data recovery the data He does not have a computer of his own so he has no backup another bad idea He has gotten a new Flash Drive a Sony Gig but I have told him that he better go out amp get a nd one to use as a backup As I know basically nothing about Flash Drives is there a program out there that maybe can recover his data Any and all help along with a few words of advice would be greatly appreciated Oh yes I have computers one running on Windows so I can run my old DOS programs amp HD so I guess that dates me amp the other on XP Pro which from what I have read may be an advantage in recovery Happy Skies Chris nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-r-data-recovery-flash-drive-data-recovery.137570/
Relevancy 65.36%

I am attempting to connect a SATA HD to my mobo which doesn't have a SATA connection in an attempt to recover data that is on the HD. Is this even possible and if so Is there some kind of converter that I can purchase to make the connection to the mobo possible?

A:Attempting data recovery from an external HD

On ebay they sell SATA-USB conector from $9 you have to take the power from your power source to get the power to the disc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/attempting-data-recovery-from-an-external-hd.109732/
Relevancy 65.36%

To make a very long story short I have an acomdata ext hard drive that has in someway failed Anytime I connect it to a computer it can t be read a recovery USB HD disassembling data Need + external help If you would like any background data on the steps that me and another member took to try and get the drive recognized you can look here http www techspot com vb topic - html In that link is all the data and product specs that you would need Now on to the real reason for this thread I would like to take this ext hard drive apart and I am not really sure how to that I hope that somebody on here may have some experience with this hard drive Need help disassembling a USB external HD + data recovery but im not holding my breath I did however Need help disassembling a USB external HD + data recovery find a link to a very similar HD http www gearhack com myink ViewP ridDrive External Hard Drive Disassembly html I read a little bit about the process and I already have questions I think i will save those questions for when we actually get to those steps I will get started on taking it apart and see if anyone has anything to add in Thanx for the help nbsp

A:Need help disassembling a USB external HD + data recovery

Your link looks sufficient. I've got 4 external enclosures hooked up to several computers. The principle is the same in them all. If your enclosure is like the one shown then it is real simple. Ignore all the wires plugged into the green PCB because you don't need to disconnect any of them. Once you get to the point where you can see the drive itself, you may need to remove 4 screws from the bottom (also shown in your link). Then the drive will slide out a few millimeters away from the PCB and can be lifted out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-disassembling-a-usb-external-hd-data-recovery.160952/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I m new here and saw some posts that lead me to believe this may be the place I will finally receive answers to this problem I apologize for the bold text in title moderators but i m in dire need -- it s an external hard drive data issue Information A I own a brand new Mac Pro - OSX a Dell Laptop - I External help recovery!!! pleease.. data need XP Windows NTFS Format and a Playstation Entertainment System - PS no further OS - format unknown B I own a TB Western Digital External Hard Drive just bought about months ago It worked fine between my Laptop and PS for some time until one day and till this day only my PS can read it C I didn t want to reformat the my external because I have important files that aren t media based - thus being that the PS only reads basic media based files video pics audio D Although my PS recognizes all of the folders within my external I cannot compress them to be sent elsewhere so I need help pleease.. External data recovery!!! that I may reformat and the web servers available to my PS only read media files to be transferred among my computers E My external isn t damaged no buzzing or humming sounds it works fine and lights up as it should I just cannot access it by conventional means I have a warranty F My Warranty with Western Digital does not cover this issue I tried They offered to replace the External if it is damaged but it s not They even said the cause may be corrupted files This may be true cause I manually deleted a couple of them through my PS My Attempts When I plug my external into my Laptop I get G drive regardless of what USB slot I put it in When I plug it into my Mac I get nothing I considered opening the external s casing to access the confirmed SATA drive connection but I am inexperienced with this kind of procedure and not sure to risk it I downloaded a Data Recovery software program called quot Data Recovery Wizard Professional v quot which I have yet to use because I understand I must first format my external in order for it to recover my deleted files True testimonials say it works but TOO RISKY Have yet to find a network server that can connect to my PS amp Computers and handle more than just media files I considered websites and email providers that offer file storage but the PS cannot compress folders and I cannot access the type of files I need transferred from the external connected to the PS Even though I just bought a Mac Pro for my business I am sad to say i m back to square one with troubleshooting the formatting problem I even considered calling around with this sensitive issue to Computer Stores and Hardware Repair Shops to restore my data Either it s too expensive or they won t try it MY PLEA Please no responses about the dumping my data elsewhere to commence reformatting because no other computer can access my external That answer shows no one is listening Please no quot You re sh t out of luck quot answers too cause I know there s a way Lol I just haven t figured it out yet May it be that I can match the formatting on my computers the same as the PS Please do not assume I know anything if you must provide detailed procedural instructions Please HELP ME nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi all,

I must find a solution to this problem. I'll try and explain as best I can.

I had a PS3 with a 320GB HD inside - my PS3 broke and I need to get the data off this disc. It contains video of my new baby girl and photos that are very important to me.

So - I bought a 2.5inch SATA external HD enclosure, fixed the HD inside and plugged into my PC thinking I could just copy the data across. But my PC will not recognise the drive. I think I need to format the drive before it is recognised but obviously that isn't an option.

Can somebody please help me out here?

A:Data Recovery from external disc

Hi - is there anybody that could help please?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-recovery-from-external-disc-343788.html
Relevancy 65.36%

hi, this is my first post here so i hope im in the right place.
(mods, please move if not)

so my desktop recently bit the dust (apparently due to a known motherboard issue for which hp doesnt want to give me a replacement, but thats another story).

i should be getting my new laptop tomorrow, and i'm wondering if i can pull the hard drive from the desktop, pop it into an external drive enclosure, and copy the data onto the laptop. both systems are vista, though the desktop was 32 and the laptop is 64.
any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Data recovery using external enclosure?

Yes, you can.
You must buy the right external enclosure for your hard disk type (IDE or SATA).

Cheers

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/229360-data-recovery-using-external-enclosure.html
Relevancy 65.36%

hi i have a scSi disk GB i [Hard header sql recovery] data Drive / extractors data lost information from it and tried to recover with other recovery softwares to no avail finally i got winhex amp got the professional licence i can now data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery] be able to see all the information on the whole NTFS partition but the problem is that i data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery] can t be able to recover it when ever i open the logical drive i can see all the information and most of the information is stack up in a quot free space quot which is around gb which i can be able to see has all the information that i need i have tried to recover the free space but its only copied to the location that i specify and no recoveries are made recovering the files by type name has bore no fruits a freind told me i have to curve out that area and use data extractors to get the information out of that area freee space the information in that drive are sql data bases and zip files whats the header for sql what techniques do i use to curve out that space and be abele to extract the information for i can even read the information in text format which are the data extractors available in the market kindly assist its quite urgent i get this information out nbsp

A:data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery]

I don't know where this thread properly belongs -- but I suspect the question may be too esoteric for most here.

Since it involves data recovery from a hard drive I'm going to move it to Hardware, I think "all other software" is not likely to have anyone with this type of experience.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-extractors-sql-header-hard-drive-data-recovery.438131/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Dell Dimension 8400 that we no longer use. The last time I used it it was giving me the blue screen of death upon startup. It would not even start windows before BSD. I have a ton of family photos and data on it. So, someone mentioned that I could possibly pull the HD out, mount it in an external disc enclosure, and then access the pictures and data I want to recover. Sounds easy and reasonable to me. How about you Guys? What do you think? Thanks., Dan

Relevancy 64.07%

I am working on my sisters Toshiba L d-S notebook windows gb amd v processor gb drive Started with error msg at boot quot encountered a problem communicating with create from as to partition mounted usb-external drive recovery how recovery dvd's a device at startup quot Couldn t get by this error took out drive inserted into usb-enclosure and tested numerous sector errors She has also lost the recovery disks I made for her I used partition software to scan just the recovery partition and there are no errors reported there What I would like to do is to copy to a flash drive or make new recovery dvd s from this recovery partition then I can use the coa from the back of the notebook if necessary how to create recovery dvd's from recovery partition mounted as usb-external drive for full install onto a new hard drive However I can t use the toshiba notebook for this I can only use my desktop pc for the xfer using the toshiba hard drive as a usb external drive and the toshiba media creator software will not install onto my desktop pc doesn t give me a reason I would prefer to go the dvd-route but flash drive would be ok too Any info is appreciated thanks nbsp

A:how to create recovery dvd's from recovery partition mounted as usb-external drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-create-recovery-dvds-from-recovery-partition-mounted-as-usb-external-drive.1111084/
Relevancy 62.78%

I am trying to transfer approximately 280 GB of data (music) in a My Book (320GB) external hard drive to a Simpletech (320GB) external hard drive using my HP dv9230 laptop with Vista installed. Using the USB ports

Each time I attempt to highlight the files on the source drive and drop into the "new" drive the computer appears to analyze/recognize the information from the source drive and calculate the "time remaining" but it just seems to freeze at that point. No error message, it just appears to stop.

I am not trying to transfer all the data at once I highlight a few folders at a time to transfer.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Relevancy 61.49%

i can't get my puter to read the data on an external hard drive. wants me to format it even though it recognizes the drive letter i gave it when i did format it. don't want to lose the 100+ gigs of data i have on this drive.

A:my computer recognizes the drive letter but not the data on external hard drive

Does the external drive work on another machine?

Also, while the drive is still connected, can you go into Device Manager (right-click My Computer, click on 'Manage...', click on 'Device Manager') to check for any yellow exclamation marks or red crosses next to anything in there?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-recognizes-the-drive-letter-but-not-the-data-on-external-hard-drive.472352/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

I have a larged data drive that failed a disk check. It stalls when starting stage two (I belive that is the verification of indexing). I have been able to back-up all of the folders except for a large folder of raw video. The PC locks up when I attempt to access/copy this folder (it appears to be part of the problem). I want to make an attempt to recover this data before reformatting the drive.

The check disk fails both at start up or if I run from the desktop both in regular and safe mode. Does anyone have tips for recoverying this data?

A:Data Recovery of data drive

You could try using a 98 boot disk and then run ntfsdos from there to access the ntfs partitions. Then try an xcopy of that file to another drive.

Another method could be to use Winrar to create a multipart archive and store it on another drive. This might chunk it up enuff.

Or boot to recovery console from the CD and then run chkdsk /r which marks any sectors that are corrupt as bad so they will not be used again, even after format. All take some time, but they are readily availalble fixes.

Alternatively, you could create an image of the drive and save that somewhere else, then run your drive manufacturers disk utility to check integrity of the disk.

Hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-of-data-drive.370254/
Relevancy 60.63%

I want to copy my data on my Dell that wont start and I can enter command prompt. So can I copy my data to my external drive??
Thank you for any advice..

A:How do i copy my data from the failing drive to my external drive?

Depending on the accessibility status of the hard drive and presuming that its a non booting Windows (not mentioned), try using a Puppy Linux bootable disc and then connect or mount your external to access and copy your data. The tutorial link would give you all the needed information when  working in Linux OS environment.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516885/how-do-i-copy-my-data-from-the-failing-drive-to-my-external-drive/
Relevancy 60.63%

My C: drive only has a 9.43G capacity and I only have 240MB of free space left. I bought a 500G external hard drive, but I need to know if I can transfer all the files and programs from the C: to the external hard drive? Helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

A:Transfering c drive data to external hard drive

You can transfer all your data files safely - the operating system (windows XP Pro) should stay on an internal drive and I wouldn't attempt to run programs from your external drive - internal hard drives are quite cheap and easy to install - I would be inclined to get a bigger internal drive into your computer and use the external one for portability and back up purposes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/transfering-c-drive-data-to-external-hard-drive-320844.html
Relevancy 60.2%

hi guys. the external hard drive, here at work, cannot be detected by any of the computers. my thoughts are that the data was wiped clean. i've removed the hard drive from the case and installed it onto my computer as a slave drive. a) how can i view if these files still exist. and b) if they are missing, can you recommend a software recovery program?

Relevancy 59.77%

2GB Memorex usb drive not working. drive doesn't appear on computer after plugging in. Is there ANY way possible to troubleshoot these little monsters???? Can I open it? There has to be something -- I've already returned it to Memorex; the new one they sent me doesn't work either.

Any suggestions or websites I can check out.

Ki

Relevancy 59.77%

I wasn't sure Data Recovery Drive Help USB where to post USB Drive Data Recovery Help this because I'm panicing a bit Sorry guys please move if it's not in the right place So I'm in college and we have to do this really long assignment which constitutes of the final USB Drive Data Recovery Help grade I had one section of this on my USB drive but today as I was going to print it I noticed that something had changed the extension of the file making it inaccessible it was a microsoft word document I also noticed that a weird file named PERSON then a USB Drive Data Recovery Help weird square doc was on my flash drive and according to windows was last edited in USB weren't even invented then so I'm sure it's a virus which edited my file to the same extension however norton doesn't detect anything My friend recommended a recovery program which was only an eval copy but it didn't work However I did see a file which I can't seem to view in explorer named BE which was edited in I wasn't even born then I've made it so I see hidden files in explorer but I still cannot see this BE whatever it is I really need this file and by thursday which is why I'm in a panic I stupidly didn't back it up so I can't afford to lose it Is there any way to recover my file Is it a virus problem which has corrupted it for good

A:USB Drive Data Recovery Help

Anyone at all? I know it's a shot in the dark as it's probably replaced the file with itself (if it is indeed a virus) but still, It would be great if I could recover the file.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-drive-data-recovery-help-344825.html
Relevancy 59.77%

My no-name (KingStar) USB 1.1 drive "malfunctioned" and I am getting sky-high quotes for data recovery (i.e., $700.00 for recovering about 125 MB of data); does anyone know a reliable data recovery person/service with lower rates? Thanks!

A:Help: Data Recovery for USB Drive

I don't thing there is such a thing because of how hard and time consuming it came be to recover lost data like that. I didn't even know it could be done from flash memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-data-recovery-for-usb-drive.43282/
Relevancy 59.77%

Ok, so what happened was I formated my D Drive and made that my OS, then I restarted my computer. Everytime I turn it on it gets to the boot manager and then restarts again over and over. It never gets passed that, not even to the logon page.

Is there a way I can undo what i did (make my C Drive my OS again)?

Relevancy 59.34%

As per my last post of slow transfer speeds from my PC to NAS Drive, I have found the NAS Drive has gone faulty, the Ethernet cable connection port has failed. I have stripped the unit down and removed the HDD, and I have a external caddy to connect the drive to, to try and recover as much data as I can. However Im led to beleive that NAS Drives are not simply data storage, they store the files in a different way, which is why I seem to have issues connecting to the HDD. When I connect the recovered HDD to the computer It wont allow me to access the disk unless I format it, Can anyone advise me how I could recover the data from this HDD

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/nas-drive-data-recovery-failed-nas-drive-4602998/
Relevancy 59.34%

hello, ive recently bought a new dell laptop, i have also got my external hard drive with everything backuped from my old pc. i was wondering how would i go about extracting the files from the external hard drive to the new laptop, i have no idea how to do it :S i dont know if i should restore it or what
HELP PLEASE <3

many thanks people!

A:external hard drive data onto a new pc, how?

What kind of a backup is it? Is it an image backup or file-by-file backup? What backup software did you use or did you just copy selected files to the external drive? That's the kind of info we need to know before we can answer your question.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/178504-external-hard-drive-data-onto-new-pc-how.html
Relevancy 59.34%

my 2 year old unplugged the usb cable of my external drive...after plugging it in and realizing that i couldn't find the drive in the explore menus, i turned the power off to the drive...

now every time i try to click on the drive in the explore menu, it asks to reformat the drive (using Vista home)

under disk management, it shows the drive as being 100% free...i'll try the drive at my office tomorrow to see if it works their...any tips would be appreciated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-drive-data-loss.593471/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

I have a WD 750GB external drive, I was using the software Fat32 Formatter with another external drive that was connected to my computer and accidently I picked the wrong drive "WD 750GB" and erased the partition on that one. It was formatted to NFTS and I have many video and audio files on it. I downloaded the software "Recuva" to recover these files but when I browse I can't find the portable drive on my computer, I checked the disk management and I can see it there "Disk 1 698.60 GB unallocated", there's no drive letter... I right clicked and all I get new simple, spanned, stripped volume and properties", I don't know what to do anymore... Sorry I'm not a computer geek, unfortunately.

Thanks for your help.

Serge

Relevancy 58.91%

I have a USB maddog external drive enclosure with an IDE maxtor drive in it. I have used it to transfer files. The device will not access my files. This morning I turnned it on and it only show half of my files so I turned it off & rebooted. Now I can get any of my files. It gives the error "E not accessable" "File or dir is corrupt or unreadable". Is there a way I can recover data & files? The drive is used on a home & work computer.

Thank you,

A:Data recovery for USB drive crash? Help?

first thing to try would be to plug it into your computer internally, if that fails then there are some companies who might be able to assist you, but that can cost a fair bit of money, other than that, i would think the data is lost

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-for-usb-drive-crash-help.780875/
Relevancy 58.91%

My OS became corrupt but my hard drive is still good, obviously i cant access the hard drive to save the files elsewhere, anyone know a way to take the info off the hard drive when i cant access windows

Note: this is what i get when you don't backup important data.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

A:Data recovery from hard drive

Is this a laptop or a desktop?

If it's a desktop remove the hd and place it in another desktop as a slave. Transfer the data to either that machine's hd or a cd.

Or

You can try to repair the op system and hope you don't destroy the data while attempting it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29149/data-recovery-from-hard-drive/
Relevancy 58.91%

I'm working on an older Compaq Presario 5070 for my father-in-law. He has been lax in keeping his virusscan up to date. I've built him a new computer that is ready to install, but days before my trip to do the install his presario took a dump. It appears through various boot attempts that the Config.sys files got corrupted in line 2 and 3. The drive is running Win 98. I can access the drive through DOS and run DIR and see all the files intact. I would like to recover his address book for Outlook Express. When trying to boot with windows I get an error that reads, "Can Not Find QR System Save Drive". I don't need to save this computer or drive, I just would like to retrieve some info. All help would be appreciated
Robodoc

Relevancy 58.91%

Any assistance on how to recover data off of my slave drive would be appreciated Slave drive not being recognized by the OS when I try to access via Windows Explorer When I click on D a window opens stating quot Disk in drive d is not formatted do you Data off recovery of drive slave want to format quot so I click NO I ve checked the BIOS and shows up in Disk Management Disk Management shows D Drive as Health Active but the HDD capacity and free space shows the same GB or free space File system is blank Data recovery off of slave drive This particular drive has a FAT file system Have gone to DOS prompt for D and get the following message quot The volume does not contain a recognized file system Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted quot Called a couple of Data Recovery companies and was told if they could recover any data off of the drive that it would cost between to They mentioned the probability that the volume structure could be damaged I need the data but cannot afford that kind of money Had no idea that data recovery would be so expensive If anyone has been through this and can assist please advise Thanks Logoman nbsp

A:Data recovery off of slave drive

http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-off-of-slave-drive.280012/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to a new system from XP and was hoping to recover some data from my old hard drive which has the 40 pin connector. I was hoping to find the grey ribbon inside but instead there is what I think is a SATA cable connecting the hard drive. Therefore I'm a wee bit confused as to what I connect the slave to.
There is a grey ribbon, but that is connected to the DVD drive although it does have a second connector halfway down.

Thanks for the help!!

Relevancy 58.91%

Seeking low-level data recovery tools ---

I have an external drive (WD10TMVW-11ZSMS5; was in a "Passport"). The drive was dropped; hard -> head crashed and diver board circuit was damage... Tried to transfer plattens to new drive, but plattens became misregistered in process (duh) [Oh yeah... The head mechanism was damaged too; otherwise I'd have just replaced the circuit board and not tried to transfer the plattens (would that it were that simple)].

Does anyone know if there exists an app that will allow me to control the disk; read heads individually; transfer bit patterns to another media for reconstruction of the image?

I know it's a long shot, but I have to try.

Thanx, from Hell.

Relevancy 58.91%

I want to recover data (pics) from our Pavilion. SSD is an LBT-64L6G-HP (part #735315-001) by Hewlett Packard. My current tech can't find a cable/connector for transferring/retrieving the data. Any suggestions? Thanx!   John

A:SSD Hard Drive data recovery

Does something called M.2 NGFF sound like the right kind of product?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/SSD-Hard-Drive-data-recovery/td-p/5675032
Relevancy 58.91%

I m trying to recover data from a friend s hard drive that suddenly failed to boot It s a Samsung SATA Hard drive recovery data I ve got it connected directly Hard drive data recovery to the motherboard of my computer as a slave It is seen in the Hard drive data recovery BIOS Device Manager and Disk Management but not in Windows Explorer The drive spins and doesn t make any unusual noises I tested it with HDTune the SMART data is all OK and a quick sector scan showed no bad clusters I ve tried Spinrite computer froze O amp O Format and Recovery Scan started then computer froze A couple of other recovery apps froze too and some just didn t see the drive GetDataBack found a few things but not much and couldn t recover Trial version I installed Ubuntu on an attached drive it couldn t see the drive So I m about ready to throw in the towel but thought I d run it by the gurus at TSG first Is it possible that password protection on the drive limits what can be seen recovered or do the recovery apps look beyond that Anything I ve missed here Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Dear Friends Please Big Help me As there were viruses in the gb Kingston pen drive it didn t show any files the viruses were cleaned There was Help Data Recovery Friends Pen Big Drive only one shortcut visible but no data at all However upon checking the file properties of the pen drive it showed the use space as as GB and free space as mb After using the Restore kb tool Pen Drive Data Recovery Big Help Friends the free space is shown Pen Drive Data Recovery Big Help Friends as GB and used space is only kb I used this software https drive google com uc export download amp id ByIph ae VAcY xRlhrX tPQ c Now used space is kb and free space is Gb Pen Drive Data Recovery Big Help Friends Attempting to recover the data using recovery software did not result in showing any data Attempting to recover data using the command line did not work and neither did trying to recover using Ubuntu Changing the folder options did not work either My computer is using Windows XP as the OS kingston DT G USB Device ID VID PID Serial Number UP AD A B Device Vendor kingston Device Name DT G Device Revision Manufacturer kingston Product Model DT G Product Revision Chip Vendor Phison Chip Part-Number PS - PS - F W - - Flash ID Code DE - SanDisk TLC Can you please help me recover the data I ll appreciate it nbsp

A:Pen Drive Data Recovery Big Help Friends

I have used Recuva to recover data from a formatted memory card.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/recuva_portable.html

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/pen-drive-data-recovery-big-help-friends.311530/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,

I have been having great difficulty trying to figure out how to recover all of my data on my hard drive that just stopped working three nights ago. I was foolish to not back anything up. I have attached a picture of what my desktop looks like with two windows open. One being Disk Management and the other being Minitool Partition Wizard. They both show the hard drive that I am trying to recover. That hard drive will not show up on "My Computer" but I can see it in those two windows. What can I do to recover this data? I have tried a couple tools, but they could not see it, and the Minitool Partition Wizard was still at 0% after 18 hours of scanning. Thank you.

A:Data Recovery on Old Hard Drive

Hi Mat the w,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

I presume it is an internal drive on your desktop.

Please run the manufacturer's diagnostic/repair utility. ( Since you did not tell us the make/model number of the drive, I can only give this general statement.) Check whether it is able to repair your disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311217-data-recovery-old-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have (yet another Maxtor) hard drive that has crashed - It is visible in the BIOS as a Maxtor ares 40gb drive, but invisible to any operating system. Maxtor's own low-level utlity can't pick it up and hangs - others do, and show the drive's parameters, but cannot read the drive. The platters are spinning. Anybody know any software that might get data off this drive? Have tried all the usual stuff, Spinrite, Easy Recovery, etc.

A:Hard drive data recovery? Can it be done?

If the drive is physically damaged enough there is no software that will recover the data. Have you tried the freezer trick yet? It may make the drive available long enough ot get the data off of it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-data-recovery-can-it-be-done.463433/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all,
I formatted my C:\ (win 7 64 bit os), bt on d way realized that my most imp data was kept hidden under C:\Users\Prashant , but couldn't help stopping the format.

Now, since the C:\ drive is formatted , I can't access C:\Users\Prashant , so is there any way to recover back my "mostttt imp data"...((

plzzzz help asap...its very important for me....:|

A:formatted c drive data recovery

Oh joy! Another one who scrubbed C!

You need to spend some time looking over a number of data and partition recovery programs for sure! That's the facts right up front! If it was simple accidental file deletion a small program like Recusa would be a fast help.

Most of the better programs are the paid for type and run upwards of $70US! Don't bother with the free to try and buy versions since those never work it seems. One better rated freeware program for accidental format of partitions you can look over would be the DiskInternals Partition Recovery program found at Data Recovery Review - secrets of DiskInternals Partition Recovery 2.5

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/235782-formatted-c-drive-data-recovery.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a USB drive that is always giving me this message: ďThe disk is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?Ē
I didnít get it. After searching on the internet, I know that my best bet is to try a data recovery application, if I really want to get back the data inside it.
So, do you have any suggestion? It could be better, if it is a free one. I donít have extra money to pay for it this month.
Help me, please!
Thank you in advance!

Relevancy 58.91%

I have a "Tiny" 128 mb flash drive from Extrememory.com. When I try to access the password protected drive I get a message that says "Drive Is Busy". "Close all applications & documents opened on the drive & try again"
But of course I can't as it won't let me in!
I've tried many times, restarted the p.c. with & without drive connected. Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver. Checked Extremememory.co for a website. (Does not seem to have any info. on it)
I'm suspicious that i might have disconnected the drive while the L.E.D. is flashing. (not allowed according to instructions) and I presume that the software in the drive itself (is there any?) must have been corrupted. Any ideas on how I can access the data (pics) on the drive? Many Thanks.

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

My son spilled milk all over one of my laptops, which basically killed it.  I opened up the laptop and dried everything off, but It just will not boot at all.  Fortunately, however, the Hard Drive actually survived and still works.

I connected the hard drive as an external drive on my other laptop using a USB adaptor, and can open the drive in Windows Explorer.  However, when I try to navigate to my Users folder, I get an error dialog box that says the folder "is not accessible.  Access is denied."

Does anyone know how I can get passed this so I can retrieve my data before I reformat the drive?

Thank you

A:Hard Drive Data Recovery - PLEASE HELP

Hi jamespeck

Please try this links http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810881
http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_gain_access_to_files_that_windows_says_i_dont_have_permission_to_access.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496622/hard-drive-data-recovery-please-help/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello everyone!

My brother accidentally hit his LENOVO laptop and it won't boot anymore with "unmountable_boot_volume" error showing.

I have tried connecting the damaged harddrive to my computer using 2.5'' enclosure for SATA harddrives. My computer was able to see the hard drive but wouldn't let open it, saying there was an input/output error.

I have also tried using chkdsk, but not to avail - chkdsk said it cannot get direct access to the drive.

Is there anything I can do myself besides taking the drive to a data recovery service?

A:Please help with hard drive data recovery

see this to get your DATA off the drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-with-hard-drive-data-recovery.83535/
Relevancy 58.91%

Ok my ac adapter charger would not register when plugged into my laptop so it was sent away for repair i assumed that i would be given a new charger i wrote a letter explaining that i specifically did not want anything REMOVED REFORMATTED as i was unable to back up my personal files due to my laptop not being able to work without a charger and i asked them to ring me in advance if they had to do so Upon receiving my laptop back i found to my extreme annoyance my old hard drive was removed then replaced with another one I was furious as all my personal files were on the hard drive I went to PC World to complain im sorry the level of customer service they provide ia appalling i am never going to old recovery drive??? Data hard from shop there again they said they could try to recover some of Data recovery from old hard drive??? my personal files for free such as Uni documents pictures etc but not Data recovery from old hard drive??? my music Anyway the data Data recovery from old hard drive??? was backed up but the adviser said the data that he managed to transfer was unstable and that if i was to recover the data by any other means it may damage my laptop All i want is my music videos etc back how can i recover it off the old hard drive I was told it had become corrupt somehow but i dont understand what that had to do with my ac adapter not working My computer worked fine before it was virus free etc All i want is my music back someone mentioned something about a caddy Please someone help me nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

I have a hard drive that would not boot Windows XP. I replaced the hard drive reloaded windows xp and I am trying to retrieve data. When I plug the drive in using a USB to IDE adapter the compuiter recognizes the drive and it even shows in computer manager as the correct size, however the file system type is blank. When I try to look at it in My Computer it comes back as says the drive is not formatted do I want to format it now, I said NO.
also when I first plug it in the autoplay starts on that drive but does not give me options.

Any Thoughts??

Tom

I have tried a couple USB to IDE adapter same results also the to plug it in directly to the IDE controller no luck

Relevancy 58.91%

Okay, my harddrive in my laptop is corrupt. So I have got it plugged in to my desktop pc at the moment. I used GetDataBack to try and recover all my files. It found then all, and can play/open all of them. But when I try to copy, nothing happens.

Does anyone know of a free (or under $15-ish) hard drive data recovery program that works? Also, my hard drive is NTFS.

Thanks in advance.

A:Hard Drive Data Recovery

Some people have had luck with PC Inspectorhttp://www.snapfiles.com/get/pcinspector.htmlHome page:http://www.pcinspector.de/Sites/file_recov....htm?language=1

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/234551/hard-drive-data-recovery/
Relevancy 58.91%

Ok here is the deal. I had a new laptop that dual booted vista and linux. the vista partitioned was encrypted with bitlocker. I decide to give windows 7 a try so I repartition the drive in to one large volume, format and install windows 7. Everything worked perfectly. The problem is after about a week I realize there was some important files on the vista partition before I wiped everything out. I have found several data recovery programs the can recover files after a format, however they only show files that where on the linux partition. My guess is that the bitlocker encryption is preventing these tools from finding any of the vista files.

So the question is, Does anyone know of a application or company that can recover files from a bitlocker'ed drive after it has been formatted.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/234175-data-recovery-bitlocker-drive.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Help. Can I recover the data on my hard drive which is in a desktop PC that died last week? Take the HD out, hook it up somehow, move the data to a backup or portable HD?
Thanks from Pacejo

Relevancy 58.91%

Is there a way to recover an external hard drive back to its orignal form like when I first bought it?
I use a Maxtor One Touch

Thanks in advance

Rawill

A:Recovery of External Drive

You mean to format it?
Or you could just delete all files and folders!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-of-external-drive.948749/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a 2T Cavarly external drive, with a lot pictures anf files as backup.
Few days ago it stop working - couldnt access the files (windows massage - you need to format). I used TestDisk and could recover the drive for 1 day (kept copying files out of it) but then again another error occured and now can not access. Seems that there are many issues with the partitioning and system in the drive. But he files exisits so this is a good sign.

What i really wish is a clear guide on how to recover all files. TestDisk looks liek teh rigth tool as it help me for a short period, but im open to hear other options.

So i run testdisk
Can see the faulty drive and choose it
Now, it finds a "non partition". Is it rigth or shoudl i choose "Intel/pc partition" ?
Then, what next?

Thansk in advance...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/388931-2t-external-drive-recovery.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,
I am trying to edit the metadata of my music in external hard drive. For some reason I need additional permission to do anything on my WD 512 g external hard drive. Since I need this extra permission, I can't do anything to it using tagscanner. Can someone help?
Thanks

A:Editing data on external hard drive

Try this: Add "Take Ownership" to Explorer Right-Click Menu in Win 7, 8 or Vista

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/editing-data-on-external-hard-drive-920538.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Four days back, I backed up my data (15gb) from my old desktop having Windows Xp.
Yesterday,I got my new CPU I tried to put data back to HDD but having problems it keeps calculating.
I don't know what to do.
Help me out.

A:Having problems while copying data to hdd from External drive

Can you give details? Backed up how? When you say "put data back to HD" are you talking drag and drop in Explorer? Using a restore program? It's impossible to know what you've done unless you specify.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/303628-having-problems-while-copying-data-hdd-external-drive.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello,

The USB of my external hard drive was broken and I changed to a new casing. However, it did not show up in my computer anymore and did not show up in disk management. I read forums and assigned it a drive name in disk management and clicked new partition. The drive was now visible in my computer but it keeps asking to be formatted. I do not want to erase my old data and so did not format.I want access to this data back again. My hard drive is fine and makes no noises. Someone please help.

Thanks,
Tulika

A:Recover data from external hard drive?

No guarantee that you'll be able to recover your data. Depends on the size of the HDD, it might take a while for the programs to scan it. Be patient.

Found some posts that might be of help. Good luck.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/252267-45-recovery-data-hard-disk-deleting-partition

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/255089-32-partitions-overwritten-recover-previous-data

http://www.partitionguru.com/step/recover-partition-using-partitionGuru.php

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recover-data-from-external-hard-drive.167375/
Relevancy 58.48%

Have just installed Windows 7 on a dual boot with Windows XP. Can not seem to get to display the material on that external HD. See this HD indicated in Devices and Printers and can click on the properties for this. How do I display the partitions, folders, etc. on this HD as I can in Windows XP???

A:how to access data on external hard drive

First, is the drive connected via USB, eSATA or Firewire?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/54972-how-access-data-external-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have bought an external hard drive and I would like my various programs to automatically save data to the external hard drive. How would I do this? Would I need to install the programs onto that hard drive?

A:Saving data to external hard drive

tcroc26 said:

Would I need to install the programs onto that hard drive?Click to expand...

Quite possibly, what applications are we talking about here?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/saving-data-to-external-hard-drive.538057/
Relevancy 58.48%

I used a Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus to backup data in Vista 32bit, then formatted HDD and did clean install of Windows 7 64bit over it. Now when I go to "Computer Management > Disk Managent, it says "You must Initialize a disk before Logical Disk Manager Can acess it". Because it's asking me which partition style to use (MBR or GBT) I'm assuming that "initializing" will wipe my data....Is that true?

A:Win 7 Not Reading External Drive (with backup data)

Yes, do not initialize the external HD.

Plug external into another computer to see if it sees the data.

Did you leave the external plugged in during Win7 install?

It should not have been affected as Win7 installer will not recognize external HD's.

Can you post back a screenshot of your full Disk Management map as it exists now, using Snipping Tool in start menu, attaching file using paper clip in reply box?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/48564-win-7-not-reading-external-drive-backup-data.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I was using an western digital external hard drive to store (not back up process) images, video, music etc from a windows XP machine. I upgraded to windows 7 machine and could see the files on the wd external hard drive. I then used windows 7 back up facility and now can't see my old files although the memory size indicates they are still there. I've tried Recuva but it just sees the windows 7 back up files and ignores the files I want. I've tried plugging the wd into an xp machine but that only sees the windows 7 back up files. Any suggestions as to how I can see the old files or recover them without paying too much?

A:Lost data on WD external hard drive

Hi and welcome to the forums.

There is a small chance that your files and folders have just hidden themselves. To view hidden folders follow the tutorial at Hidden Files and Folders - Show or Hide.

At the very least this is a good place to start.

If you have any questions feel free to ask; post back with any results.

Oli

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/83935-lost-data-wd-external-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi
My Seagate Expansion portable drive has 300Gb of data and been working perfectly. Now however I get a message to format the drive before using it or alternatively that it is not accessible - The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. This is the same with USB2 or 3.
This seems to have happened after I got a flash message on plugging in that the device has not been recognized (or some such - its a brief message.)
The drive is recognized in Computer management and "device is working properly". The Quick removal policy is flagged and the driver is up to date.
I get the same problem on my PC and netbook , both win 7. 64 and 32 bit respectively.

How to work round the block?

A:External drive fails to read data

Hi,
A couple of this months updates have been causing problems with external hdd's
KB3139398
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3139398
KB3133977
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3133977

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/393763-external-drive-fails-read-data.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello Well like alot of people I made the mistake of selecting safeboot in the boot ini file in the msconfig file after my comp got a virus and would not boot into safemode The hard drive is in two partitions the C drive used to contain windows and the D drive which has the data i am trying to save I don t have a Windows XP disc because it was already on the comp when i bought it I have attempted to restore the windows files with Bart PE bootup image disc but it wiped out Windows XP completely from the C drive in the process but the Data drive is still showing up with all its files intact So i purchased a usb external hard drive and then tried to use Bart PE to backup the data but it would stop right in the middle of the backup Is there a easier way to just drag all my data files right to my drive? external - up to back a boot my help! Can I not XP will data Please external drive I am really trying to get these files back Thank you in advance nbsp

A:XP will not boot - Can I back up my data to a external drive? Please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-will-not-boot-can-i-back-up-my-data-to-a-external-drive-please-help.850909/
Relevancy 58.48%

I Solved: data?? saving NOT ALL drive External have an external enclosure with a GB SATA HDD installed in it THe enclosure is connected to my Linksysea via USB and I can log into it with a defined user and password I have it as mapped drive Z under windows yet the last several times I have transferred DATA to it IT IS NOT THERE the next day when I go to retrieve it Its not a HUGE deal but I just reinstalled windows cause I wanted to had no issues just wanted a fresh start and had saved several things on that darn drive and when I went to reconnect after install it was all there I transferred over some data and left rest on there till I wanted to put it back on local pc and I just logged in a Solved: External drive NOT saving ALL data?? second ago and Solved: External drive NOT saving ALL data?? the only thing there is data I transferred to Solved: External drive NOT saving ALL data?? it about weeks ago WTH why is it doing this is the drive bad can I test it somehow without actually plugging it into the pc nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I had a message about errors when I plugged in my WD external hard drive. I let the Error Checking run and when it finished it said I needed to format the disk. I cancelled this and looked in my computer and although the drive appeared, no details (i.e. space usage) was present.

I re-ran Error Checking with "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors" checked.

After running this the drive appeared properly in My Computer.

However there are many files missing, and the space usage of what is there doesn't match up with what my computer says.

Files I can physically see: ~ 120 Gb.

Space usage according to Explorer: ~420 Gb.

So it looks like tha data may still be there but Windows can't see it???

Any suggestions on possible ways to recover??

Edit: BTW, forgot to say, all this is booted into Win7 not XP on my dual boot system.

A:External hard drive lost data

You may be able recover some of the data with this apps.
Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
HD Diagnostic

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/172935-external-hard-drive-lost-data.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Help!!!!!!!

This evening I did a very stupid thing. When I plugged in my external hard drive, I got a message saying that I needed to reformat it. Without thinking, I clicked yes and allowed the darn computer to start erasing my data. As soon as I realized what I had idiotically done, I had another lapse of judgment and unplugged the external hard drive in the middle of the process.

Now I have a hard drive that is still 80% full and no way of reaching the dataÖ Anytime I try to open the drive, I get a message saying itís inaccessible.

Is there any way for me to recover some of the data still on the drive????

Any advice y'all could give would be muchly appreciated.
Thanks!!

Relevancy 58.48%

My Dell laptop's hard drive broke so I sent it off to be recovered, thankfully they managed to recover quite a lot and put it all onto an external hard drive. My problem is that while I can access a lot of files there are also a lot of files with just gobbledegook and I'm intrigued as to what information they hold. I've tried file converter but that doesn't really tell me much more of what I already can see. I've transferred the external hard drive onto my new Imac. Can anybody please tell me how I can un-gobbledegook logs, files and extensions and everything else that seems to show all this 34£$£$%£$%ldkwoi£$%%^ sort of stuff please?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/help-cant-read-external-hard-drive-data-4605294/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a Lacie gb usb hard drive and yesterday my Drive Lacie External from Data Recovering wife accidentally knocked it off of the table about feet onto carpeted floor It is not recognized at all by My Computer or Device Manager As you can expect my main goal is to recover the data some but not all is backed up-- yeah yeah I know backup backup backup I ve learned the hard way Prefer not to use a service but will explore that as a last resort The led power light still goes on and have tried several times restarting computer and or drive unplugging re-connecting refreshing etc -- there is definitely some type of mechanical malfunction Also tried running quot chkdisk F f quot but got the message quot Cannot open volume for direct access quot When I turn the drive s power switch Recovering Data from Lacie External Drive on the light turns on and I hear a barely audible quot mechanical beep quot for about seconds before it stops There doesnt appear to be any other noise coming from the drive whether on or off Hope you can help thanks nbsp

A:Recovering Data from Lacie External Drive

You can try some of the below apps (list courtesy of another mod, I believe Elvandil, but may be incorrect):

Free recovery applications:

Dr. Freeware Boot CD (also has partition tool, drive cloner and imager)
DiskDigger & NTFSWalker
Pandora Recovery (Free for personal use)
Smart Data Recovery
Recover Files
Roadkil's Undelete
Recuva
Restoration
Free Undelete (NTFS only)
Softperfect File Recovery
ADRC Data Recovery Tools
Undelete Plus
Data Recovery
PCI File Recovery
DriveRescue
Ultimate Data Recovery
Disk Investigator

Commercial:

O&O Disk Recovery
Paragon Mount Everything (Mounts any file system, CD/DVD burning, File Manager, Partitioner)
GetDataBack (For FAT or NTFS)
Ontrack EasyRecovery Pro
File Scavenger
Recover My Files
RecoverPlus Pro
Zero Assumption Recovery
[email protected] File Recovery
Final Recovery
Recover4All Professional
Easeus Data Recovery Wizard
NTFS Recovery[/QUOTE]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovering-data-from-lacie-external-drive.958855/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello Well like alot of people I made the mistake of selecting safeboot in the boot ini file in the msconfig file after my comp got a virus drive? data boot to not XP external - Can up back I a my will and would not boot into safemode The hard drive is in two partitions the C drive used to contain windows and the D drive which has the data i am trying to save I don t have a Windows XP disc because it was already on the comp when i bought it I have attempted to restore the windows files with Bart PE bootup image disc but it wiped out Windows XP completely from the C drive in the process but the Data drive is still showing up with all its XP will not boot - Can I back up my data to a external drive? files intact So i purchased a external hard drive and then tried to use Bart PE to backup the data but it would stop right in XP will not boot - Can I back up my data to a external drive? the middle of the backup Is there a easier way to just drag XP will not boot - Can I back up my data to a external drive? all my data files right to my external drive I am really trying to get these files back Thank you in advance

A:XP will not boot - Can I back up my data to a external drive?

You say it stopped right in the middle of copying. Did you get an error message of any sort? How long did you wait? It could have been a particularly large file and it just appeared to freeze.Some other thoughts Depending on the external HDD, they are notorious for over heating problems. Perhaps this was your problem.A copying ALTERNATIVE that I have used with great success. Not blazing fast but I have found it to be very reliable.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/248298/xp-will-not-boot-can-i-back-up-my-data-to-a-external-drive/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, I have a WD Elements external hard drive on which I have stored all of my data including photos, music and work. I have been using it for over a year with Windows XP and Vista and have so far had no problems, however today I received an error message saying
'Windows Delayed Write Failed. Windows was unable to save all the data for the file E:\$Mft. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.'
All of the data appears to have been wiped from the hard drive, however when I open Properties it says that 322GB is still being used. Is there any way that I can recover this data without sending the hard drive away?

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all I recently bought an external usb hard-drive to use with my laptop I formatted the drive put my data from my old pc on to it and then plugged it into my laptop There was no data on the new drive nor on the pc I rebooted the drive a few times and then I could see the data but not access it Next time I switched External losing data? hard drive it on there was no data again Sometimes the data was there and sometimes not I decided to reformat it completely again and try it from scratch I put some files on it switched it off External hard drive losing data? and waited a few minutes then back on again and the data was gone After a couple of reboots the data was there again Next time it was gone Does anyone know why it might be behaving so sporadically and how to fix it I have already lost a lot of files so I am loathe to put anything on it until I know it works properly Many thanks Phil nbsp

A:External hard drive losing data?

What brand of drive did you purchase?

I would take the drive back if it is under warranty. It sounds like the hard drive itself is OK since you can see the files from time to time, but it sounds like there is a problem with the IDE to USB converting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-hard-drive-losing-data.495999/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have an old Elements WD gb external hard drive which I use for storing home videos It has a history of being unstable and frequently quot fails quot meaning that I have to re-connect it and start off again Usually it runs for a short while and then packs up closing down the file and on My Computer reverting to quot Local Disc quot instead of Elements In the past I have never had a loss of data data External Lost Solved: Drive I recently bought a new external hard drive and started to move the data files from the old one to the new one I had to do this in small batches as it would not handle large transfers e g small batches of around mb were Ok but larger ones dropped in mid transfer but without loss of data I had successfully trabnsferred around gb without problem but yesterday I lost the whole of the database appx gb for no apparent reason The system shows that the drive L seems to hold the data e g gb used but when I look at the only folder it shows files and usage and says File Empty Inasmuch as the systems seems to be saying that the data is there - somewhere- is there any way in which I can access it I run a Dell with Windows XP Jim nbsp

A:Solved: Lost data External Drive

I would remove the hard drive from the enclosure, put it in the PC as a secondary hard drive, or in another generic external USB hard drive enclosure, see if you can get at the data this way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lost-data-external-drive.867269/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all I have a hard drive from an Acer laptop Win XP that died from a charging problem some years back and is in pieces I put the HDD in an enclosure and I see only one file in My Documents instead of what should be there and it says USBC with about three wingding type squares a little as in a squared and then another hard Acer recovery from an Data drive wingding type square I have a Ubuntu Dual boot with XP box I don't put XP on the net and I looked at it in Ubuntu and saw the Acer and the Acer Data recovery so when I looked in the acer partition I could see all the data normal individual flies and photos in My documents even though each file has a little pad lock on it I should have copied it all there and then but I went back to XP to try but as XP Data recovery from an Acer hard drive didn't recognise the USBC file it wouldn't I went back to Ubuntu and found I couldn't see the Acer partition only the Acer Data recovery partition I have searched the net to see if this USBC is a Data locking virus and couldn't find much In Ubuntu I ran a program that said one of the sectors and cylinders was wrong so in windows XP I ran Chkdsk and I think I have stuffed it up as I can now see the pertition in Ubuntu but there is just an unknown file with a padlock on it in My Documents and the file is too small My question is does anyone know if I can access the data in the Acer Data recovery partition even though it isn't in an Acer Laptop Thanks in advance for any advice

A:Data recovery from an Acer hard drive

In linux you might have to mount manually. Check if the system can read the drive/partitions. Running command....

sudo fdisk -lu
-or,
sudo blkid

sudo mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/myfiles

cd /mnt/myfiles

-ls

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564537/data-recovery-from-an-acer-hard-drive/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,

This is my first post on here, so please be gentle!

I am using Win XP Pro and have a couple of 2.5" SATA laptop hard drives that I need to get the data off. I am connecting the drives via an external USB adapter and can see the hard drives (connecting them one at a time) in the device manager and in disk management. However, wheras I can access my "C" drive from disk management, I cannot access the new drive - all the icons are blank.

I'm really stumped as I've never had this problem on an IDE hard drive

Any help would really, really be appreciated - I have looked for answers on this forum for Viruses, etc. and its always been 100% accurate and helpful

Thanks,

Ian
(one confused computer user)!

A:Data Recovery From A Sata Hard Drive

Try assigning a letter to the drive.Right-click the drive and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths. Click Add. Click Assign the following drive letter if it is not already selected, and then either accept the default drive letter or click the drive letter that you want to use. Click OK.How to change drive letter assignments in Windows XP

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125254/data-recovery-from-a-sata-hard-drive/
Relevancy 58.48%

error on bootup of laptop is 'media card test failed' 2nd error pops up "operating system not found"

CompUSA says - hard drive failure. Hard drive is just over a year old.

Wondering if there is anyway to recover data off of the drive.

Thanks -

Murph

Relevancy 58.48%

I have sent out my old Firelite to Flash Fixers to have my files recovered,which they did for me and transfered the files to a new Firelite. Anyway if I have a problem with my Firelite, can I bring my Firelite to an Apple Store in my area and see if they do File recovery,if anynody has their files recovered how much do they charge.

A:Fireltie USB Hard Drive Data Recovery

If anything goes wrong with one of my Firelites, I'll just take the drive out of the enclosure and either plug it internally into a PC with a 2.5" to 3.5" connector adapter cable; or fit it into another external USB enclosure.
If the drive itself isn't damaged (as opposed to the enclosure circuitry) this will make it readable right away.
If the drive IS damaged, it'll cost zillions to get the data professionally recovered.
The cheapest solution is to ensure that you ALWAYS have ALL the data on the Firelite backed-up to another device.
I do, even though my Firelites have been running fine for a couple of years at least with no glitches at all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fireltie-usb-hard-drive-data-recovery.690330/
Relevancy 58.48%

DiskGetor data recovery free : 1, Increased ability of undeletion; 2, Recover system destroyed files and recover deleted ( word, excel ,photo,dwg ,cad,office ppt etc important data) files names perfectly which were erased in Recycle Bin ; recovered files will add right file extensions automatically, if they were in sub-folders before, DiskGetor will recover all these folders as well, Recover encrypted and hidden folders

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/free-hard-drive-or-usb-data-recovery.145922/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello,
I have a failing hard drive but I can still access it when it is connected as an external USB drive (used to be the primary boot drive in a laptop) I want to copy as much of the data as possible from the "user" folder and sub folders. I select the folders I want to copy but the process fails with out any errors. Copying files sees to work but it would take a long time to rebuild the folder structure. Any ideas how to accomplish this and/or why copying folders fails (with not error messages)? Thanks!

A:Data recovery from failing hard drive

Try running a Disk Check

If this fails sometimes what will work is How to Check File System? Partition Wizard Video Help.. I'd also run Video help on how to perform partition surface test with Partition Wizard..

If you can't copy out the files via Explorer then try Copy & Paste - in Windows Recovery Console to another HD or flash stick.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/298281-data-recovery-failing-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all, first post.
I have a HP pavilion dv7 laptop that recently died, but comp tech says hard drive should still be good. HPs black screen of death is what happened...I'm past trying to fix it, and bought a new ASUS laptop.
I removed the hard drive from the HP, hooked up the sata cable n power supply a d tgen into the USB port. When I do this, it immediately displays an error message "unknown address" and I cannot get into the hard drive. I'm lost now and can't figure out what to do. Driver is up to date, did a few things that I found online like updating driver, disable/enable through devmgmt, n some others....
The hard drive I removed from the HP was running Windows 7 and my new ASUS is running Windows 10.
HELP!!

Ben

A:Hard drive data recovery failing

Hey, Ben! What exactly do you have this hard drive plugged into? I'm a bit confused on that part. Is it an external enclosure or a dock? Or something else? The new laptop is displaying the message about "unknown address?" Is it a particular software that you're running showing that?

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/hard-drive-data-recovery-failing-277684/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all My problem started a few days ago for no apparent reason When I switch on drive data hard recovery from corrupt my PC it seems to be loading windows XP as usual but before data recovery from corrupt hard drive I get to the login page it keeps rebooting i e never gets beyond a certain point I have therefore installed Windows XP home on another data recovery from corrupt hard drive hard drive and here I am I have now attached the faulty disk as a slave This drive is completely unreadable and I have not been able to access it at all Therefore I have not written anything or read anything off this drive As most of my important files are on this drive amp my last backup was over months ago I am desperate to recover this data Could someone tell me if there are any good on-line tools that I could use to recover my files I don t my spending a bit on this as I am very desperate and want a good recovery tool Thanks as usual for your support Regards Harsha nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello, hope I come to the right place! Honestly, my Toshiba flash drive has been used for saving some videos, photos and files for several years. But, last night, I just formatted it by mistake and lost all my stored information. Honestly, I did have another copy of these files on my computer, but, some of the newly edited videos and several school documents have not been backed up yet. Is there any data recovery software that can help me take them all back? I did have searched a lot of the related problems over the internet and all of them recommend me to apply the related data recovery tools. But, I am not sure whether the related data recovery tool is really necessary? Do you have any similar experience? What am I supposed to do now? Thanks!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/any-data-recovery-software-recover-usb-drive-4607734/
Relevancy 58.48%

My desktop is a Dell XPS that possible? drive?? recovery Dead Is hard data is months old Yesterday it freaked out According to my daughter she left it for a few minutes and when she came back the screen had gone black and there was a white error message on it unforunately she did not write down the error message but she turned the unit off and tried to restart it At Dead hard drive?? Is data recovery possible? first it would go to the screen after the Dell splash Bios But after a few starts it wouldn t even go there I ran a diagnostic on it from the F option and I got several errors all of them attached to the message that the IDE device failed I am assuming that my hard drive is gone I have several questions Is it possible that I am wrong I can not get it to do anything other than the F option no F no F I did clean the inside of my tower and that did not help either My huband has over songs on that drive all downloaded from reputable sites the pay ones like Walmart Rhapsody and Amazon is there anyway to recover these so all he has to do is get them re-licensed instead of having to buy them all over again I am assuming that I need to buy a new hard drive but which one is best I guess I just seriously need help This is very depressing nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

The problem I am having is with the following hard drive DiamondMax Plus GB ATA HDD This is in an enclosure as Hard Drive not Need up: data showing recovery an external hard drive I removed it from the Hard Drive not showing up: Need data recovery case and hooked it to my USB to IDE adapter When the HDD first comes on Hard Drive not showing up: Need data recovery it clicks and is not recognized by my computer as being connected via USB I understand that clicking is not good and means the HDD is dead or dying When the clicking finally stopped Windows Explorer recognized it as being connected However the properties of the hard drive show all blue no free space Plus it is indicating that the HDD needs formatting This HDD was used to store photos and video and had to have been formatted in order to do this of course I ran a CHKDSK r and SFC scannow but nothing improved and I truly don t remember if any errors were found as a result of the scans Any suggestions as how to retrieve the data off this HDD or how to bring back the format without erasing the entire disk Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

How would I go about retrieving files from a busted amiga hard drive?

I tried taking it out of my A600 and putting it into my then newly-purchased A1200, but something wasn't right and neither the 1200 or the 600 would see it.

I'd like to see if i can salvage the files and use them on my PC with an emulator.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

A:Amiga hard drive data recovery...

If the drive itself is damaged, it makes it difficult or impossible to read data off the drive.

It's been a long time since I've touched an Amiga 1200/600. I still have my Amiga 3000 in this room. Oh well.. I remember when the high-priced A4000 came out and the A1200 - I knew C= royally screwed up big time. Yeah - $2000+ for a desktop and $600 for a key-board computer, when $600~1000 gets you a desktop-PC. Ouch. Oh well... memories.

Good luck - but if your A1200 can't read the drive - all is pretty much loss... and of course, PCs don't read Amiga formatted media.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amiga-hard-drive-data-recovery.667676/
Relevancy 58.48%

looks like my hard drive crashed... it was fairly new...western digital 7200 RPM 30GB drive.... accidentally dropped my printer on my computer, and computer froze, and restarted, bios wouldnt recognize the hard drive to be plugged in or anything .... now hard drive, doesnt make usualy spinning noise, but rather a slower clicking spinning noise ......

any way to recover the contents of the disk?

or any suggestions what i can do to try and get the hard drive to work?

Relevancy 58.48%

I have a notebook computer with a failing hard drive. I just got a new hard drive of the same capacity to replace it. I intend to sell the computer, so I want to copy the recovery data to the new hard drive so that I can have an authentic copy of Windows. Is there a way I can go about doing this?

I do have the tools to access the new internal hard drive via USB.

Image shows new internal hard drive (F:\) connected via USB using SATA to USB adapter.

Relevancy 58.48%

A couple months back my system crashed. I was told to back up the comp using the Recovery drive on Vista. Did that, now my question is.."How do I get the data FROM the Recovery drive. Tried to contact Gateway...They were no help. I am only concerned about the photos that are "Hopefully" on the recovery drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Recovering data after using Recovery drive in Vista

go to your start menu and click on my computer and look for your D drive, that is your recovery drive.
to get your photos just right click on the D drive and open and you will find your files and pictures there in the recovery folder.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/recovering-data-after-using-recovery-drive-in-vista-431169.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I see a lot of existing threads on this topic so feel kind of guilty for starting a new one but I didn t find an exact match to my situation yet My desktop running Question Recovery Hard Data Drive XP Home Edition stopped booting up yesterday so I suspect some data is corrupted or the drive is in the process of failing or both Hard Drive Data Recovery Question I put the HD as slave into another desktop we hav also running XP home I seem to be able to access most of the drive except for what I m really after I can t get Hard Drive Data Recovery Question into my documents it says access denied I go to Documents and Settings folder then try to go into my personal folder and that is where I get the Access Denied message Could this be because there is some corruption in these files or could it be because I have a login password when we first boot up the machine just the standard administratory password Should I stop everything I m doing and go for help I m backed up until mid-July so it is really just family photos and movie clips off my camera and some misc documents since mid-July but there have been a lot precious photos since then By the way I didn t create restore CD s for this PC but it has a partition with recovery on it One of the options is a non-destructive recover If all else fails should I try that Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello,

just for curiosity I have had a few hard drives dismanteled, I wanted to see what is actually in them and how they work, so I am familiar with taking them apart and then putting them back together, and they still worked, but that was all original parts that I took out and put back in.
would it ever be possible to take apart a bad drive change out the disk to another similar drive and recover the data from it, or is this an impossible task?
if this would be impossible, what can I do to retrieve data from a drive that has pretty much died?

Relevancy 58.48%

I have a friend who dropped a laptop and the drive is dead. She brought it to a data recovery place and they want to charge her $1,300 to recover the data--she is interested primarily in about 1700 Itunes downloaded. Seems to me that she could re-download the Itunes, can't she?

Also, if she does have to have data recovery, is there a place anyone knows for a more reasonable price?

Relevancy 58.48%

Can anyone recommend a good data recovery program for an ATA hard drive?
Thanks

A:Hard drive data recovery program.

Hi, I lost 120GB last months and I recovered with this software:

GetDataBack for NTFS

or

GetDataBack for FAT

It is the Best!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-data-recovery-program.494927/
Relevancy 58.48%

8GB DISKGO SECURE USB 2.0 FLASH DRIVE is not visible, they are replacing it after trying to reload the USB info. Can anyone recommend a data file recovery program for this?

Thanks
Jeanne