Windows Support Forum

How to default open firefox when I check email directly from Windows Live Mes..?

Q: How to default open firefox when I check email directly from Windows Live Mes..?

Can anyone help me , how to open my email messages directly into firefox or other internet browser from Windows LIve messenger coz the default is Internet Explorer.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to default open firefox when I check email directly from Windows Live Mes..?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How to default open firefox when I check email directly from Windows Live Mes..?

try looking through here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-default-open-firefox-when-i-check-email-directly-from-windows-live-mes.108060/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi I've read a post on here previously about windows live not 'sticking' as the default email for windows 7 but the link to the windows advice area won't work anymore! I need to change the default email from outlook to windows live in order to use this but it won't stick as it, I click on it and it says changing to default but then it doesn't and each time I try it says the same thing and reverts back to the other version- desperate to sort this ASAP as the other program is relying on this happening! Thanks so much

A:Windows live won't stick as default email

If you are not using Outlook, then try un-installing it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-live-wont-stick-as-default-email.1111012/
Relevancy 75.68%

hi. i currently hav firefox as my default browser but when windows live messenger is open and i click on the mail tab it loads an internet explorer tab. i just updated my windows live and had already sorted the problem on the old version but i cant do it on the new version. can u help please. i had summin called stuffplug 3 which i used on the last 1 but when i try and install it for this version it says please install the latest version of windows live. i already ahv the latest version which means it wont install. help pleasssse lol

A:firefox as my default browser for windows live messenger

Have you tried setting Firefox to your default browser via the start menu option?

Start > Set program access and defaults > Microsoft Windows

Maybe that?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-as-my-default-browser-for-windows-live-messenger-202721.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I have read numerous posts on this and none have worked for me. I tried downloading the program registering hotmail as default from winhelponline but it says it only works for Vista. I tried to set it as a default program in Windows 7, but it was not listed as an option. So I am stuck. Can this be done and if so, please advise. Thank you in advance for your help.

A:How do I make Hotmail(mail.live.com)default email in Windows 7 64-bit

Hi Teddy Terrific, you need to install Windows Live Mail. Windows Live Essentials - Download free Microsoft programs

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/207928-how-do-i-make-hotmail-mail-live-com-default-email-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I am, and will be, using my sister's computer for a month until My new place is ready to live in and I can get my rigs setup.

The problem is that she has AOL (YUK, CHOKE and BLOAT) on her computer. I've installed Windows Live Mail for my emails. When I click on the link in the email, it opens up in AOL!

How do I get my email links to open up in IE 11 in stead of AOL?

A:Windows Live email links open in AOL instead of IE 11

You would need to change what ever program default that protocol is using( I imagine your opening http links correct?) to IE 11. Open this in in a explorer window. Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Associations then find the associated one you need and set it to IE 11. It will change her defaults though, if your using it for that long maybe you should make a new user account since then you can make whatever defaults you want and it should not affect her account. You can always remove your account when you leave.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/362898-windows-live-email-links-open-aol-instead-ie-11-a.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi
I have been using windows live mail for a few years and have never had a problem opening emails and the attachments that have been sent by me from my office to my home pc.
Now when I try to open just my emails with the attachments, the email opens but the attachment while shown as a paperclip does not show a word or pf but just a string of text. All my other emails with attachments open. It?s as if my email address has been blocked. The strange thing is that I have another email account on the same pc and if I send an email to them the attachment opens any ideas!!!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/394013-windows-live-mail-will-not-open-attachements-one-particular-email.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I need help. I suddenly cannot open a pdf attachment from my windows live email. How do I fix it? I click on the attachment and a window opens asking if I want to open. I click yes, then a box pops up with a red X saying "This file does not have a program associated with it for preforming this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Defaults programs control panel." I did go into the defaults control panel and there was a pdf file associated with it ...I think. Also a about a week ago, I could not send attachments with my windows live...it also asked me to set up an association in the defaults program. I did that and now I can send. Hmmm. How did things get re-set? Please help. Thanks!

A:Error message trying to open pdf from windows live email

Hello there all you need to do is download and install Adobe Reader restart your web browser and open up a pdf to read it.Before you click download make sure to uncheck the box that says mcafee security scan.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/348527/error-message-trying-to-open-pdf-from-windows-live-email/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have been using WL email for the last couple of years, with no problems, but for the last couple of weeks, although the program opens quickly enough, and the messages are shown quickly enough, it takes a long time (20 seconds?) for the messages themselves to open. Before, they would open almost immediately. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Btw, I've performed complete and extensive scans of my computer with both Windows Security Essentials and with Malwarebytes Anti-malware programs and nothing has shown up. I appreciate any and all help offered.

A:windows live email, messages very slow to open

Hi greyspirit35,

There may be many reasons for the slackness in 'Windows Live Mail'. You may try the following steps; are likely to help:
1. Try keeping the 'Hardware & Software' in good shape: Optimize Windows 7

2. Try repairing 'Windows Live Mail':
- Click Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Windows Live Essentials 2011 > Right click it and click Uninstall/Change > Click 'Repair all Windows Live programs' > Allow the process to finish > Check performance after restarting the system

3. You may also check for any pending updates (Windows Live related). Also check the 'Windows Update History' to see if any 'related updates' failed to install: Windows Update - View Update History Details

Hope this helps. Do reply with the findings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/280026-windows-live-email-messages-very-slow-open.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I am using Windows in a Dell Inspiron how save Mail to so database? my not open, will email Windows Live and my live mail on my desktop will no Windows Live Mail will not open, so how to save my email database? longer open I don't know if this has anything to do with it but my battery went dead while the computer was on two days ago but I've been able to get into the mail since First the problem Quote Windows Live Mail could not be started The application was unable to open the Windows Live Mail message store Windows Live mail was unable to locate the message database If you've moved the database files to a new location click OK to rest the database path to that location Otherwise click Cancel to proceed any existing messages found will be available under Orphaned Accounts x If I click ok or cancel I get Quote Windows live mail could not be started The application was unable to open the Windows live message store Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is full x So far to attempt to remedy it Run a disk check Restarted three times Run Repair on the Live stuff Tried system restore to four days ago I even removed my anti-virus temporary of course None of the above has any affect How can I save my emails without being able to open the mail program itself As one of the few idiots I did not back up my emails Where are the located I figure if I can find them pull them into another folder and the reload the Live stuff I'll be ok hopefully I'm not the biggest computer guru just enough to likely get myself really messed up if I trudge on further without help Thanks for any help you can y'all

A:Windows Live Mail will not open, so how to save my email database?

Well, I got it. I pulled the email files, backed them up, and imported them with the import wizard. Whew! I thought I had lost everything for good! I'm going to back everything up every day from now on. I thought I had cleaned out my inbox enough...I'll put money that may have been the source of the problem...to darn many emails.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/191558-windows-live-mail-will-not-open-so-how-save-my-email-database.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Outlook checks on several email accounts for me at one time I have email Outlook sending???? check default before selected a default email to send emails with but if I am in another email accounts folder it sends them from that accounts email address This means that if I forget to check what account I am in I can end up sending emails from a few different email Outlook default email check before sending???? addresses I have I end up getting replies to emails in the wrong inbox because they reply to the email I sent the original message from Is there anyway to get Outlook to query me about emails I send that are not from the default account So if I wasn t in the default account Outlook would ask me if I really wanted to send it from whatever account I am in Outlook default email check before sending???? Hopefully that would prompt me Outlook default email check before sending???? to switch to the proper account I just emailed my boss from my admin account on a blog I own I wish I hadn t done that because now she might ask me about it Even worse she may want to get involved with my work on it nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

For some reason I can't directly open my windows 10 apps, i click on them and enter but nothing happens. My non windows apps though work fine. Not only that but if I go into run and type in the location I can access it again. From what I know some sort of registry files got corrupted after checking event viewer but windows apps telling me nothing is wrong despite not being apple to interact with the apps still, any idea how to fix this?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/55127-cant-open-windows-10-apps-directly.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi there.
In our company a user with a Win8 OS can open PDF files directly from a folder on a FTP server while a user with Win7 OS can not. The Win7 computer tries to open them always in Internet Explorer no matter what I do.

I had to install Webdrive, to fix this problem. But, this software is a demo with 20 days trial period.

The Win8 computer is manually installed from scratch while the Win7 is deployed using SCCM with a custom image. The GPO is the same for both of them as far as I know.

My questions is: Does Win7 has difficulties with opening PDF files directly from FTP server or is Win8 built a bit different on that area? Anyone knows this?

Grateful for any help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/392869-open-pdf-directly-ftp-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I wanted the ability to launch yahoo instead of outlook express when i click on email links, so i installed something on yahoos website that gave me the ability to do that, the only problem is i use firefox and when i click on the link it launches IE7 instead of another firefox window/tab. Anyone know how to fix this? I want it to stay in firefox because i have an extension that automatically logs me in and what not, its just more convenient if firefox handles it.

A:firefox and yahoo default email problem

Make sure you have set FF as your DEFAULT browser.
Otherwise, check the parameters/setup of that Yahoo utility. It may not be FF-compatible and go to IE, regardless.
As an alternative, start FF when your PC boots, and leave it open for the duration, then use the FF-extension.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-and-yahoo-default-email-problem.64471/
Relevancy 64.5%

I wanted the ability to launch yahoo instead of outlook express when i click on email links, so i installed something on yahoos website that gave me the ability to do that, the only problem is i use firefox and when i click on the link it launches IE7 instead of another firefox window/tab. Anyone know how to fix this? I want it to stay in firefox because i have an extension that automatically logs me in and what not, its just more convenient if firefox handles it.

Relevancy 64.07%

Hello all,

I need to access devices and printers directly without through control panel because i am a domain client who has no rights to open control panel.

My OS is Windows 8.1

Any help in this regards would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Snehal

A:How to open directly Devices and Printers windows 8.1

My requirement has been fulfilled by below URL

Thanks a lot "Brink Sir"

Devices and Printers Shortcut - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/398591-how-open-directly-devices-printers-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Using FF 22 as default, but several programs I use (if not all), open IE nevertheless.
My e mail program The Bat! is one of them, they say their program just looks at the default browser.
Should I change registry keys?
Is it a good idea to remove IE altogether?
W7 = Ultimate.

A:Firefox default, but links in programs open IE

Default browser - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/302214-firefox-default-but-links-programs-open-ie.html
Relevancy 63.21%

To whom it concerns I am running Windows XP I have two names assigned to the computer one for Firefox in Unable or Email Check Explorer. to either myself and my personal files - also as the administrator the other is for a friend and it is listed as a limited account Now the problem I am having I have never Unable to Check Email in either Firefox or Explorer. had before not on this computer or any others On my name I can access any sites - the email sites are the ones in question however On my friend s name he can access sites but not Yahoo mail - nor my Gmail - and I assume AOL as well It s as though signing into any website Unable to Check Email in either Firefox or Explorer. is blocked The message I receive in Internet Explorer is quot Internet Explorer Unable to Check Email in either Firefox or Explorer. cannot display the web page quot and in Firefox quot Firefox cannot establish a connection to the server at quot I have tried so much but I think it s just a matter of tweaking something in the software somewhere - more than likely my Norton Anti-virus program I m hoping that by having joined this forum that I might find the answer I haven t found with search engines Please tell me it s something simple - even if difficult I m pretty good at computer stuff just don t know the proper vocab Thanks for the effort you might put into responding Jimmy nbsp

A:Unable to Check Email in either Firefox or Explorer.

that's because your profile, cookies, and passwords will all be different for each profile. This has nothing to do with your anti-virus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-check-email-in-either-firefox-or-explorer.90228/
Relevancy 62.78%

I had some malware showing up on my computer so I decided to do a system restore to a couple weeks ago when I believe it was clean (with the help of Bleeping Computer).  After restoring, when I try to open my Outlook e-mail, I get the following message: cannot open your default e-mail folders. the file C:/... is not a personal folders file.  I'm not sure if I still have a Malware problem but right now my biggest problem is that I can't get to my email.  Help?

Dave

A:Cannot open default email folders after system restore.

UPDATE- I discovered that my Microsoft Office files are also not working either.  Word documents don't display properly and Excel documents won't even open.  In case helps at all.  This all began after I did a system restore to an earlier time.  I wish I hadn't done that.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555202/cannot-open-default-email-folders-after-system-restore/
Relevancy 62.78%

Although I thought I had set PowerPointViewer.exe to be my default viewer for PowerPoint material, it isn't working when I try to open and run a PP attachment within Thunderbird 2 (running Vista 64). Specifically, the dropdown menu that appears when I double-click a PP attachment, still asks me what I want to open it with and suggests that I save to file. Furthermore, even after I browse to PPV.exe, the Do this automatically... box remains greyed out. Nonetheless, the attachment does open after I browse to PPV.exe. Can you help me have the dropdown always open PP with PPV.exe? BTW, now that I think about it, could it be that this is a safety procedure...saving as a file?

A:Need help with setting default to open email powerpoint attachment

Originally Posted by flycaster

Although I thought I had set PowerPointViewer.exe to be my default viewer for PowerPoint material, it isn't working when I try to open and run a PP attachment within Thunderbird 2 (running Vista 64). Specifically, the dropdown menu that appears when I double-click a PP attachment, still asks me what I want to open it with and suggests that I save to file. Furthermore, even after I browse to PPV.exe, the Do this automatically... box remains greyed out. Nonetheless, the attachment does open after I browse to PPV.exe. Can you help me have the dropdown always open PP with PPV.exe? BTW, now that I think about it, could it be that this is a safety procedure...saving as a file?

Hi flycaster
How goes the fly fishing?
Your comments highlighted above may well be correct.
Do you have the same problem with Outlook as Thunderbird 2?

Refer the links below to see if they can help you.
Post back & let us know how you go.

Change The Default View In PowerPoint 2007 ~ Windows Fanatics

PowerPoint 2007 Options Settings

http://www.vistax64.com/software/243635-need-help-setting-default-open-email-powerpoint-attachment.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a link to an asx sound file saved in Internet Explorer (version 10) and I when I clicked on the link it always used to launch a mini version of Windows Media player and all was fine.

For some reason now it keen asking me if I want to save the xxxx.asx link as a file (which I don't). How can I get my mini Windows Media player back please?

Many thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/15143-try-make-asx-file-open-directly-windows-media-player.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi

days ago i have this problem since i started outlook 2007 when i try to open it's shows me the following message "Cannot open you'r default email folders. the information store could no be open." Even when i create a new user profile in order to connect outlook 2007 with the server exchange. it;s giving me the same error, i reinstaled microsoft office and this messages still showing up.

Could somebody help me, any information about how to fix this problem would be helpul.

A:When I try to open outlook 2007 says "cannot open your default email folders"

Hi

Your default emai folder is your PST file and is usually located in the following path (change my name for yours)

C:\Documents and Settings\ididmyc600\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.

Its possible that you dont have the rights to the folder or the drive.or similar.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-try-to-open-outlook-2007-says-cannot-open-your-default-email-folders.108963/
Relevancy 62.35%

Running Windows 7 Home Premium and Windows Live Mail

I received an email with a .PPS attachment. When I try to open the attachment, I get the message "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action..."

However, if I save the attachment to my hard drive and double-click on it, PowerPoint Viewer 2007 launches and I can watch the slide show. Also, I checked in Control Panel and saw that the file association for .PPS is PowerPoint Viewer. So the problem appears to be in Windows Live Mail.

Any suggestions how to repair this? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-open-email-attachment-win-live-mail-win-7-a-461246.html
Relevancy 61.92%

A problem that keeps coming back I have had this problem about times now and on different PC's I install WLMail and use it for a while with on average to one in accounts my Live of unable email mail... open or accounts in it of which hotmail and one live mail account and some other one s Once again and this time on a laptop with Vista Home Premium running on it I have Windows Live installed and loaded it with this time accounts For about months it has worked like a charm and I was always able to open Live Mail and get all my mail come in unable to open one of my email accounts in Live mail... without any issues However after about months it lost the ability to load my emails from one of my Hotmail accounts and it comes up with an errors indicating the following Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail XXXXX account To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account go to Sign In on the Web or try again later To get help from Windows Live Customer Support go to http support live com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of services Server Error x Server 'http mail services live com DeltaSync v Sync aspx' Windows Live Mail Error ID x The advice given to me in the past with this same issue and pretty much the same error message was to uninstall and reinstall WLMail on my PC This has not solved the problem for it happens again after a few weeks or months Untill it happens again I usually can use Live Mail without any problems but than it starts to fail again My Question is Is there something that causes this to happen and is there a way to fix it I am not happy with the fact this happens and I am especially not happy with the fact that I have to go through reinstalling and entering all my email accounts again everytime I reinstall WLMail I have WLMail installed on both my Laptop and my PC both run Vista one Home Premium and the other is running Vista Ultimate since recently Vista Ultimate bit Thank you for your time hope you have something that could help me solve this problem once and for all

http://www.vistax64.com/software/251606-unable-open-one-my-email-accounts-live-mail.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Howdy How do I configure MS Office Pro Plus specifically Word but also PPT How set browser)? Firefox to Office open 2016 MS to (default links in Excel Pub to open embedded hyperlinks in my default browser Firefox under Win Pro Yes Firefox is properly configured everywhere I know to look as How to set MS Office 2016 to open links in Firefox (default browser)? the default browser Edge is disabled as a background app I do not use the MS Store and I do not have a MS account gt gt When I click an embedded hyperlink in a document I am prompted to go out to the Store to get an app to open the link instead of the link's opening in Firefox gt gt EDIT I should add that the document in question was originally created with MS Word not Word I do not know if that matters And I have not yet tried to reproduce the behavior on a new document created in Word I've looked around at tutorials here as well as Uncle Google to no avail I must be missing something somewhere Thanks in advance MM

A:How to set MS Office 2016 to open links in Firefox (default browser)?

Try the below tutorial which is for Office 2013 but works on the 2016 version

Change Default Search Provider in MS Office 2013 Suite - Guiding Tech

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/57635-how-set-ms-office-2016-open-links-firefox-default-browser.html
Relevancy 60.63%

The problem start with my wife s PC It started a few weeks ago she told me She can t open Outlook Express doesn t start access My Space or get updates at Windows Update Also some images on sites do not load I then checked my PC and found I couldn t access Windows Update My Space Thunderbird fails access My Email Check or Windows, Update (Can't This Hijack Space) Check to retrieve emails I have not noticed any issues with images Given this sounded like some Hijack This Check (Can't Update Windows, Check Email or access My Space) of the behaviors I have heard of trojans doing I thought I would post my logs here and see if anyone sees anything out of place Normally I wouldn t consider a cross contamination Hijack This Check (Can't Update Windows, Check Email or access My Space) but about two weeks I temporarily set up a home network between our PCs to share a few files The next day I disabled NetBIOS on my PC but as we are both behind a hardware firewall I guessing if it happened it must have happened then Nothing jumps out at me but I wanted to get a second opinion Any help would be appreciated Wife s PC Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpohmr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files Pantone huey hueyTray exe C Program Files Nikon PictureProject NkbMonitor exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quiet O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Aim quot C Program Files AIM aim exe quot d locale en-US ee aol imA... Read more

A:Hijack This Check (Can't Update Windows, Check Email or access My Space)

I ran SuperAntiSpyware and found nothing but 10 tracker cookies. Running Panda Virus Scanner online. I couldn't run F-Secure because IE7 Active X controls prevent it from running.

Zero clue as to what is going on so far.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hijack-this-check-cant-update-windows-check-email-or-access-my-space.568420/
Relevancy 60.2%

This has been going on for sometime, through the past two updates, and is probably related to another issue (see below). The immediate problem is that when I click on a link in an Outlook message without Firefox open, Firefox opens but only to my home page. I have to return to the link and click it again.

The related (I imagine) problem, has been that when I installed a new version of FF, using an admin account in W-XP Pro, it would not open properly in from the user accounts. Each attempt would bring up a message saying to check to see if Ff was already running. Closing this box would then allow FF to start, though with the problem cited above. I finally fixed this "already running" problem, but the other remains.

A:Firefox won't open to email link

Make sure Firefox is your default web browser, go to Tools > Options > Advanced at the bottom under System Defaults check the box for making Firefox your default browser

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-wont-open-to-email-link-412550.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Until about a week ago, any link I clicked on in an email would open in Firefox. For some unknown reason they're now opening in IE, which I don't want! I've tried going through every default program setting, settings in both Thunderbird and MailWasher Pro, but can't figure out how to change it back. This is probably something so easy a child could do it, but unfortunately this blonde can't work it out! Does anyone know how I change this back to how I had it please?

A:Email links open in IE not Firefox, why?

Have you checked in Firefox:
Tools | Options | Advanced
General tab
Check the box under System Defaults
Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup
Click the Check Now button, see if it says it's already the default browser or not.
If not, it will ask if you want to make it the default, click Yes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-links-open-in-ie-not-firefox-why.911017/
Relevancy 59.77%

I can open an email and open an attachment on that email.

I can look on my harddrive and find the same email text file easily enough on my harddrive, and open that text file using notepad.

But I cannot find where the attachment(s) is stored on the harddrive? I've looked everywhere.

The reason is that I want to write a program that will archive windows live emails - and their attachments.

Thanks

A:Where on hard drive does windows live email store email attachments?

This gives the info you need. WLM Contacts Database.pdf

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/226499-where-hard-drive-does-windows-live-email-store-email-attachments.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I didn't notice this before today. I'm running the 64 bit version of Windows 10 Pro, fully up to date, as well as the latest version of Windows Live Mail. I have a bunch of storage folders that I've created for email, so my actual inboxes are pretty much always empty as any mail I want to keep gets put into a storage folder.

When I do a search inside the program, all it's searching are the email subjects, not the actual contents of the messages.

Any idea how to fix this? I know this was an issue in the 64 bit version of Windows 7, as seen here.....

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/969165

.....but I'd have thought this would have been fixed by now! Is that fix still valid for Windows 10, or is there another solution? I really don't want to have to switch to another email client if I can help it.

Thanks!

A:Windows Live Mail only searching email subjects, not email contents

I have been having the same trouble, which was just noticed...
Windows Live Mail does not search "contents" of messages anymore... just searches names and message subject line.
Hope to find an answer as I hate to switch to another mail client, but I absolutly need the search functionality.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/32274-windows-live-mail-only-searching-email-subjects-not-email-contents.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have an email I get on a regular basis that I can see who it's from and the subject line but the body of the email is blank. I have problems with it in WLM but I can view it just fine in web mail and from my iPhone. Not sure if it's an issue on the end of the person who's sending it or an issue with WLM but since I can view it completely in web mail and on my iPhone I would think it's something with WLM. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

A:Body of email not showing in one particular email in Windows Live Mail

Hi, I finally was able to talk with someone from the place that was sending the email in question I was having issues with. They found out their emails are not compatible with WLM but are working on a resolution. I'm not sure what kind of email service they're using but it's not like WLM is some obscure mail client. Anyway, I'm marking this as solved even though I've received a few emails from them since and still having the issue of nothing in the body of the message. Now that they've figured out what the issue is I hope they fix it soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/362899-body-email-not-showing-one-particular-email-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have searched the forums only, & can't read Mail Firefox corrupt? Live account open User Docs and can find similar issues but none seem to be the same I can't User account corrupt? Docs read only, can't open Firefox & Live Mail remember the exact sequence of User account corrupt? Docs read only, can't open Firefox & Live Mail events but it went something like I had been having problems with Sonos desktop controller and updated reinstalled this didn't resolve the problem by the way and am seeking resolution through the Sonos forum At about User account corrupt? Docs read only, can't open Firefox & Live Mail the same time I started getting a security message from my HP Assistant telling me the guest account was enabled but as far as I can see it wasn't I now only have read access to my documents and they crash when opened Firefox thought for a while another instance was open and asked me to close it but it wasn't open Firefox now won't open and is telling me quot Could not initialize the browser's security component The most likely cause is problems with files in your browser's profile directory Please check that this directory has no read write restrictions and your hard disk is not full or close to full It is recommended that you exit the browser and fix the problem If you continue to use this browser session you might see incorrect browser behavior when accessing security features quot Windows LiveMail will not open due to corrupt calendar entry I get a Catalyst Control Centre error also It looks similar to registry problems others have had and I have set up a new admin account and copied over the internet security settings using regedit but it only appears to have helped marginally - I can now open files albeit briefly whereas before I couldn't open them at all Interestingly I am getting the HP security warning in the other admin account telling me the guest account is enabled - it is not It looks like I have overcome the firefox problem by setting up an additional profile in firefox but it doesn't have any of my favourites etc Rather than copying everything over to a new user account I wondered if there was a fix It smacks of a problem in the profile but am not sure where to look Thanks in advance and sorry if there is a solution already posted - I have looked and looked

A:User account corrupt? Docs read only, can't open Firefox & Live Mail

Just a sugggestion: Dowunoad MalewareBytes Anti Malware and run in safe mode, also download ccleaner or glary utilities Maleware bytes will remove any malicious software and, ccleaner, glary utilities will celan up your registry. These are the two first things I do before I do any thing on a persons computer unless I know it is an absolute hardware issue. May be someone else may know more about your issue than I.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/186637-user-account-corrupt-docs-read-only-cant-open-firefox-live-mail.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Set up windows 7 with microsft live email. emails com in and go out ok. emails with attachemtns inbound are ok. when I send an email out with a photo ( have not triesd other attachements) it splits it up into 20 to 30 emails with jiberish and no photo and get an error notification. i have outlook on this as well and it works fine in bound and out bound. I have used the same settings. again this is only when there is a photo attached when I see this problem. Anyone have any suggestions?

A:windows live email splitting up email w/ attachement

Just a guess. But, I think it is your ISP. Somtimes they limit what cant be sent out with POP, to stop spam. For your information there are two ways to send a photo; as an attachment and as part of the email. You may want to look into that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/39425-windows-live-email-splitting-up-email-w-attachement.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I've read information regarding the steps to import email from Outlook Express (XP) into Windows Live Mail (Vista), but, my question pertains to how that works when we already have quite a bit of email in the Windows Live Mail folders. I had to temporarily swap out systems to the old XP computer while checking into a problem with the Vista system and accumulated quite a bit of new email into Outlook Express that now needs to be moved into the Windows Live Mail folders to bring that back up-to-date. Will that just be added to what is already there or will it overlay anything? Just need to know how that process will impact current contents of the email folders in the Vista PC.

Thanks.
SS

A:Importing Email to Windows Live Email/Vista

and welcome to the Forum

You should be able to check the "Do not import duplicates" line and it will only bring in new ones

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/importing-email-to-windows-live-email-vista-519900.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have windows XP This used to work--with the old Firefox Then I installed Firefox and the problem started So I uninstalled and got back Firefox ---but the link still doesn't work For example if I am looking at something at Craig's List and want to click on a link to bring up a black email----I click and NOTHING happens do open blank a not FireFox-Hyperlinks to email... emails Now don't yell at me but my email program is Incredimail but it's not INC cause it used to work Also one other wee---tiny---little thing FireFox-Hyperlinks to emails do not open a blank email... - PLEASE FORGIVE ME but when I was casting about for a solution I downloaded something to my REGISTRY I know I know it happened before my brain engaged Here is what it was--well still is--even though I did SYSTEM RESTORE to a month earlier than the day this FireFox-Hyperlinks to emails do not open a blank email... went in So FireFox-Hyperlinks to emails do not open a blank email... to summarize How can I get Firefox to bring up email links Do I need to take this thingy out of my REGISTRY If yes to above how Here's what's in the REGISTRY C DOCUME User LOCALS TEMP Rar D mailto reg Any all part of wee-teeny-bit of help is soooo appreciated

A:FireFox-Hyperlinks to emails do not open a blank email...

Hi Key2kua, welcome to TSF

I'm not sure about the FF3 problem, I'm still using FF2. To fix the registry tweak that you applied, open Windows Explorer and Notepad, then drag the mailto.reg file into Notepad to see its contents. Go to Start > Run > regedit and navigate to the locations listed in Notepad. Remove them and reboot to complete.

Note: You should always make a backup of the registry in regedit (File > Export) before making any changes.

I'm sure you already know this, but Incredimail is not recommended. Even the full paid-for version lacks the security of other free email clients. As you're already using Firefox, how about switching your email to the much safer Thunderbird? It has more features and works perfectly with Firefox for POP, IMAP, Gmail, web-mail, etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-hyperlinks-to-emails-do-not-open-a-blank-email-269105.html
Relevancy 58.91%

After installing Firefox I was unable to reset IE6 back to being the default browser even after checking the "check if default browser" check-box. I was able to reset it after using the "Reset Web Settings" button in Internet Options > Programs.
What is stopping IE from performing the check? Can this be solved through a registry setting change or policy edit?
Any Possibilities?

A:IE6 SP2 will not "check to see if it is the default browser" after installing Firefox

In XP try Programs-> Set Program Access and Defaults.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie6-sp2-will-not-check-to-see-if-it-is-the-default-browser-after-installing-firefox.304259/
Relevancy 58.91%

I see various articles saying many different things but can someone direct me to the "horses mouth" where officials from MicroSoft confirm that the option to default boot direct to the desktop is in fact a reality in Windows 8.1?
Thanks!

A:It's officially CONFIRMED?Default boot directly to desktop

I congratulate all the people who couldn't live without booting straight to the desktop.

That said, I'm indifferent about this news. I'm happy whether it boots to the metro or desktop. Doesn't really bother me which way. Then of course, I've never been OCD about anything.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/25951-its-officially-confirmed-default-boot-directly-desktop.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello guys,

I wanted to open an excel file directly from IE9, but when I double click the excel file in the browser, it opens right in IE instead of Excel program. How do I make the file use Excel program to open rather than open in IE itself? I am using Windows 7 and Office 2010. I tried the Microsoft registry fix but still it doesn't work. And the folder options in Windows 7 doesn't have the "Advanced" option.

Thanks

A:Open Excel file to directly open from IE9

download the file to your computer first--then open with Excel

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/261619-open-excel-file-directly-open-ie9.html
Relevancy 58.48%

When I click on a web-link in my Thunderbird email, it will open in my current Firefox window (let's say I have Techspot on screen).
Where can I change T'bird (or Firefox) settings, so that it opens in EITHER a new Firefox session (if not open), OR in a new tab (if open).

This only started happening since FF 1.0.4

On the same note, while creating a new thread, or answering a post in 'Advanced Mode', the cursor in the message-window is extremely nervous, probably caused by the 'jumping' smilies. True or false?
This is not the case while answering posts in regular mode.

A:Thunderbird email web-links open in current Firefox window

sounds like a Java issue.

I use Mozilla 1.7.8 with the mail uninstalled and thunderbird installed seperatly. I have no problems at all.

I had the exact same issue with Mozilla a few versions back, but they fixed it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/thunderbird-email-web-links-open-in-current-firefox-window.26374/
Relevancy 57.62%

Not sure if this is the right place for this question...
Running W7 and MS Word 2000. After writing a document in Word2000, I can't get the direct email function to function. That is, I would like to email the finished document directly from Word2000. I can place the needed function icons into the tool bar, but they don't work. BTW, I can email the document once it is save in Documents.

A:Can't email directly from MSWord2000?

Does this apply?

One cause is your mail client does not support MAPI. May not apply if you are using Outlook.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/140310-cant-email-directly-msword2000.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I am using Windows 7 SP1 Prof. and trying mail a link from IE 11. References on the web mention "Send Page" but I can't find it anywhere in IE 11 menus, context menus, or tools? Thunderbird is my default e-mail app, but in set default programs IE has access to TB. What am I missing?

A:How can a page link be sent by email directly from IE 11

Hi

when you click on file do you not see send page by email or send link by email?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/351986-how-can-page-link-sent-email-directly-ie-11-a.html
Relevancy 56.76%

My mother has recently had to switch her email from ISP.com to GMAIL and we are having problems downloading her emails. Her email still comes Outlook express but it started downloading messages from 2006. I have managed to get her up to Sept 18th but then it freezes. When I could still access ISP.com website I could pull the email directly from the server before it downloaded to Outlook but now I dont know what to do. Can anyone help me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/retreiving-email-directly-from-server-296818.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey guys,
I have a user who is using Outlook 2010, and intermittently recieves the error "Cannot open default email folders. Server is not available." When she receives this error, outlook closes. Looked in the event viewer when it crashed it made this:
P1: 300111
P2: 14.0.6029.1000
P3: heqz
P4: 0x80040111
She is connecting to a POP3 account online, everything checks out in the "mail" settings in the control panel. Her .pst files aren't too big.
I've tried a repair install, an uninstall followed by a fresh install, and updating to SP1 for Office 2010. Nothing seems to be helping, it is hit and miss when it does it, which makes it that much harder to troubleshoot. Any thoughts?

A:"Cannot open default email folders. Server is not available"

Some suggestions for the problem in this thread:
Cannot open your default e-mail folder. - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/200173-cannot-open-default-email-folders-server-not-available.html
Relevancy 56.33%

When I use my Screen Shot function, I can easily paste it into a blank Word document, or most Photo imaging programs. But I cannot paste it as an insertion into a OE email. Yet, if I paste it first into a Word doc or blank canvas of a photo grogram, then I can immediately copy THAT image into an email. Why is this, and what can I do to make it paste directly into an OE email? thanks.

Relevancy 55.9%

I sometimes wonder about techs using tools such as Seatools, HDD regenerator etc to diagnose/repair hard drives. Do any of these tools beat Chkdsk in any way?

(besides data recovery tools, I guess those have no match in Windows).

Thank you

A:Do you need more than Windows default tools to check/repai

Seatools checks a lot more than file system integrity so I'd say yes, that and similar are good to use when needed.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/69585-do-you-need-more-than-windows-default-tools-check-repai.html
Relevancy 55.9%

While trying to research a different problem, I created a *.live.com id in Live Mail. Now I can't figure out how to go back to my default identity. *.live.com has no contact list. Windows Live Mail asks me to login with the previous Id, but does not accept the default Logon Id. I've tried to have it reset repeatedly, but to no avail.

I do not have a problem with the *.live.com ID, but I need to get my contact list back, either move it to *.live.com or somehow copy and paste it to *.live.com or else get back to my default identify so I have my contacts again.

Thanks for your assistance.

A:Windows Live Mail - return to default contacts

in e mail accounts you should be able to click on the e mail account you want and set it to default.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/298500-windows-live-mail-return-default-contacts.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all,
Does anyone knows how to restore windows live messenger default pinned emoticons, by de default order?
Thanks,
Jorge

A:Windows Live Messenger default pinned emoticons

as far as i know the only way is that you reinstal your windows live msn. Considering that takes like 2 min its prety fast.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/108512-windows-live-messenger-default-pinned-emoticons.html
Relevancy 55.9%

My installer set up Thunderbird for e-mail use. I would like to use Windows live mail. Will this mess up Thunderbird if I ever have to use it again.

A:Making Windows Live mail my default carrier

Hello Hobie, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Not at all. You will be able to use both of them at the same time if you like. All that matters is which one you would like to set to open emails with by default.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/307175-making-windows-live-mail-my-default-carrier.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi ~

When I click a link to play a streaming ASX movie, I get an error in Windows Media Player 9. When I copy the link into Media Player and open it from the location, it works.

I'm assuming this is some sort of a security issue, any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-open-asx-files-directly.264258/
Relevancy 55.9%

If i receive a .ppt e-mail attachment, I cannot open it directly, but when I go into explorer file associations, all Powerpoint extensions are properly associated with Windows Power Point Viewer. If I go into Control Panel Default Programs,Powerpoint viewer is not even on the list.

I can work around it by saving the attachment into a new folder, then opening Power Point Viewer, then opening the the saved file.

I am using Microsoft Office Starter Edition. Is that the problem? I can download and install a new Powerpoint Viewer, but I hate to clutter up my computer when I already have the right program on hand!

Looksha

A:cannot open .ppt file directly

Hello Looksha, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Are you able to save the attached .ppt to say your desktop, then click/double click on the .ppt file to have it open automatically in PowerPoint Viewer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/216732-cannot-open-ppt-file-directly.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Every application I try to open gives the same error of "this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Creat an association in the folder options control panel"
I read many threads but all of them require downloading which I can not do because I can not even start explorer or connect to the internet.
I can open many applications in a round about way by starting a file of that application.
Any suggestions? I am writing this from a different computer.

Thanks

A:can not open any application directly

You are infected. Please head over to Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help and post there for more help.
NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-not-open-any-application-directly-572129.html
Relevancy 55.47%

When I am adding more words in the dictionary by using the following spell check file ( C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Spelling\en-US\default.dic), the words are not recognized by the spell check in the store app when the file size exceeds 1 MB. If you add the same words with 1Mb file size in the MS-word custom.dic then it is working fine. why the window 8/8.1 store app is not recognized if the (default.dic) file size exceeds 1 MB. is there any solution to overcome this issue in the windows 8/8.1 store app?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/41642-windows-8-8-1-store-app-default-dic-spell-check-issue.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Windows Mail is on the Default Program List, but not Windows Live Mail. Can Live Mail be added to the Default Program List?

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/304606-adding-windows-live-mail-set-default-programs-list.html
Relevancy 55.04%

i cannot open any hard drive directly. it has to be opened by clicking on the folders menu in the task panel and then it is to be opened.when i try to open it directly it asks with open with.....
please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-open-any-hard-drive-directly.668787/
Relevancy 55.04%

hello i m new here i have win XP and i can t open the start menu directly only by right clicking on it and entering the folders window before that i have recieved a message Windows cannot find quot copy exe quot when i tried to access my disk on key before that when i tried to access the disk on key my AVG anti-virus have told me it has found copy exe and identified it as a threat and i told it to heal it before that Spybot have found Mirar on my system but was start menu open directly can't unable to remove it i don t know if all of these events are connected enyway here is my HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan can't open start menu directly saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe C Program Files CyberLink DVD Solution PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C can't open start menu directly Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files ewido anti-spyware guard exe C Program Files Alias Maya docs wrapper exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Alias Maya docs jre bin java exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Crazy Browser Crazy Browser exe C Documents and Settings user My Documents amp amp amp amp amp amp hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www sinfest net O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run SW C WINDOWS system sw exe O - HKLM Run SW C WINDOWS system sw exe O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run LVCOMSX C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE O - HKLM Run LogitechVideoRepair C Program Files Logitech Video ISStart exe O - HKLM Run LogitechVideoTray C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink DVD Solution PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run LogitechSoftwareUpdate quot C Program Files Logitech Video ManifestEngine exe quot boot O - HKCU Run updateMgr quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AdobeUpdateManager exe quot AcRdB -reboot O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpq... Read more

Relevancy 55.04%

When I try to open my local drive C: it will not open directly, a dialog box will appear and you will select what program you need to use to open the drive? what could be the problem? please help. I'm a newbie.

A:Cannot open local drive C and D directly

Download the Drive Association Fix from this page. Extract the zip file and then double click to run the file. This should restore normal operation.

When did this start? Some viruses can cause this to happen. If you suspect you may be infected please click on and follow the 5 Steps to Remove Spyware link in my signature below. The TSF malware experts will take a look and help you remove anything on your system.

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-open-local-drive-c-and-d-directly-212427.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all, I am using office XP.

I have this problem that I can't seem to open any excel file directly from my document or desktop, when I double click any file, it opens up excel and then just struck there with a "Ready" on the lower left corner....

But when I open from excel - File -> Open and it works.....

I tried reinstalling the program and tried 'Excel /regserver' but no luck....

Please help....

A:Can't Open Excel File Directly.

Your problem may lie within the the path of the icon on your desktop. Try this
Fix1
1. Open Explorer Start>Explorer
2. Find the Full name of your file (for ex. C:/MyDocuments/fred.doc)
3. Copy this name
4. Now find the icon and right click and select Properties
5. Find the target and paste you target over that

Fix2
You may have minimized/closed your file in a way that it has been minimized so try to look around you taskbar for the excel and right click select restore.

Lastly, you may just have to do it the hard way or try creating shortcuts via Rightclick on desktop>new>shortcut

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72584/cant-open-excel-file-directly/
Relevancy 55.04%

error message, this program will not open in dos mode

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello friends....

now these days there is a strange prolblem in my pc that i m not able to open my drives directly. I had installed the norton antivirus on my computer .

whenever i try to open the drives directly it shows the list of programs by which you want to open the drive..

help is urgently needed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-open-the-drives-directly-243282.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi there I posted this in the Windows Crashes BSOD and Hangs Help and Support but have had run do only through executables they Cannot any 'Open directly work. with' suggested to me to try this forum I have a Cannot run any executables directly only through 'Open with' do they work. strange problem with Windows I cannot run any executables from the desktop or from the start menu When I try to I receive a These files can't be opened your internet security settings prevented one or more files from being opened Some guides say to access the security settings internet zone but it is completely blank Weirdly enough though I am able to open programs by using the Open with command to run it E g to get firefox to run I need to open a txt file and open it with firefox Other programs I've had to run it by cmd prompt but this would only work if I shift click and open a location in the command window Any direct double clicking on the executables results in the above error Running from the command prompt has only worked for some programs Please help I'm not sure what else I can do to fix it My backups have been having problems so I can't restore back to a previous time before this happened Thanks in advance for any help P S I have tried to run a windows repair but I get the same error about permissions I ran kapersky online scan and I also have Malwarebytes premium neither revealed anything I'm worried I might have a virus giving me these access problems

A:Cannot run any executables directly only through 'Open with' do they work.

Create a new admin account, then run these scans.

Adware Cleaner Scan.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click on Scan button.
When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

JRT Scan.
Please download Junkware Removal Tool and save it on your desktop.

Shut down your anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software now to avoid potential conflicts.
Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click it and select Run as administrator.
The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
On completion, a log is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
Please post the JRT log.

Adware Removal Tool Scan.

Download Adware removal tool to your desktop, right click the icon and select Run as Administrator.

Hit Ok.

Hit next make sure to leave all items checked, for removal.

The Program will close all open programs to complete the removal, so save any work and hit OK. Then hit OK after the removal process is complete, thenOK again to finish up. Post log generated by tool.

ZHP Scan.
Please download Zhp Cleaner  to your desktop.  Right Click the icon and select run as administrator.
 http://nicolascoolman.com/download/zhpcleaner

2. Once you have started the program, you will need to click the scanner button.

The program will close all open browsers!
3. Once the scan is completed, the you will want to click the Repair button.

At the end of the process you may be asked to reboot your machine. After you reboot a report will open on your desktop.
Copy and paste the report here in your next reply.
 Zemana Scan

Run a full scan with Zemana AntiMalware!
Install and select deep scan.

Remove any infections found.
Then click on the icon in the pic below.

Double click on the scan log, copy and paste here in your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600117/cannot-run-any-executables-directly-only-through-open-with-do-they-work/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

I am using Access 2003 and I have 2 forms, called F1 and F2.

When I click on a button in F1, it successfully passed a value to F2, using Forms!F2.text2=Forms!F1.text1.

Now, if I were to call Form2 directly without going through Form1, it'll return me a error. How can I work around this? Cos' I need to give the user an option of opening form2 directly and indirectly.

Thx!

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi there I posted this in the Windows Crashes BSOD and Hangs Help and Support but have had suggested to me to post in http www bleepingcomputer com forums f am-i-infected-what-do-i-do use if programs Cannot I run executables directly, With'' some run 'Open any which they have suggested I post here I have a strange problem with Windows I cannot run any executable When I try to I receive a These files can't be opened http imgur com ZEnHAaG your internet security settings prevented one or more files from being opened Some guides to solving this say to access the security Cannot run any executables directly, some programs run if I use 'Open With'' settings internet zone but it is completely blank so that didn't help I have also tried creating a new admin account but that gave me the same error when trying to open files Weirdly enough though I am able to open some programs not all by using the Open with command to run it E g to get firefox to run I need to open a txt file and open it with firefox Other programs I've had to run it by Cannot run any executables directly, some programs run if I use 'Open With'' cmd prompt but this would only work if I shift click and open a location in the command window Any direct double clicking on the executables results in the above error Running from the command prompt has only worked for some programs I followed the guide here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help before posting but because of the above error I could not run FRST Surprisingly I was able to get the cobian backup installed using my cmd prompt trick Please help I'm not sure what else I can do to fix it My backups have been having problems so I can't restore back to a previous time before this happened Thanks in advance for any help P S I have tried to run a windows repair but I get the same error about permissions I also ran kapersky online scan and I also have Malwarebytes premium neither revealed anything

A:Cannot run any executables directly, some programs run if I use 'Open With''

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===
Please Download Tweaking.com - Windows Repair from Here
[list]Install and then run the programExecute the instructions on Step 1 ImportantClick Next on Step 2 Optional, do the Pre Scan skip Step 3 and 4 Optional for now.On Step 5 Backup System Restore Do a Registry backup. When you have completed this click NextClick on RepairsClick Repairs - Open Repairs in the bottom right cornerClick the Unselect All button then select just the item(s) listed below
01 - Repair Registry Permissions
02 - Reset File Permissions (2)
.. 02.01 File Permissions C:\
.. 02.02 File Permissions D:\
03 - Reset Service permissions
04 - Register System Files
07 - Repair Internet Explorer
10 - Remove Policies Set By Infections
11 - Repair Start Menu Icons Removed by Infections
12 - Repair Icons
14 - Removed Temp Files
23 - Repair File Associations (12)
.. 23.01 - Repair bat Associations
.. 23.02 - Repair cmd Associations
.. 23.03 - Repair com Associations
.. 23.04 - Repair Directory Associations
.. 23.05 - Repair Drive Associations
.. 23.06 - Repair exe Associations
.. 23.07 - Repair Folder Associations
.. 23.08 - Repair inf Associations
.. 23.09 - Repair lnk (Shortcut) Associations
.. 23.10 - Repair msc Associations
.. 23.11 - Repair reg Associations
.. 23.12 - Repair scr Associations
26 - Restore Important Windows Services
27 - Set Windows Service to Default Startup
Click the Start button and let the process run to completion. Copy any error messages into Notepad, Save it on your Desktop. ( Reboot if asked to do so)Please copy and paste the Contents of this file on your next reply.
Restart the computer normally.

===
Download the version of this tool for your operating system.
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)
and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

How to attach a file to your reply:
In the Reply section in the bottom of the topic Click the "more reply Options" button.
Attach the file.
Select the "Choose a File" navigate to the location of the File.
Click the file you wish to Attach.

Click the Add reply button.
===
How is the computer running now?
Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600157/cannot-run-any-executables-directly-some-programs-run-if-i-use-open-with/
Relevancy 55.04%

Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Nithya on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Installed Nero Essentials - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP cannot drive open directly local and d e - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint cannot open local d and e drive directly Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Nithya exe ---------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C cannot open local d and e drive directly PROGRA UpsPilot Winpower exe C Program Files UpsPilot jre bin javaw exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA UpsPilot monitor exe C Program Files UpsPilot jre bin javaw exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe C Program Files Winamp Winampa exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe D Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA UpsPilot wpRMI exe C Program Files UpsPilot jre bin javaw exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe D Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Documents and Settings Nithya Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE Z SNUYHF dss exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK Nithya exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www zerourl com en index php rvs hompag F - REG system ini Shell O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - D Office GRA E DLL O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run Picasa Media Detector C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe O - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program Files Winamp Winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot D Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run googletalk C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe autostart O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM RunServices Winpower C Program Files UpsPilot Winpower exe O - HKCU Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D ... Read more

A:cannot open local d and e drive directly

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please save this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the following instructions.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding.
Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Quote:

cannot open local d and e drive directly

Please explain this in more detail. Thanks.

Quote:

C:\Documents and Settings\Nithya\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\Z9SNUYHF\dss[1].exe

Please note that tools are best run from the desktop. Easier to find and perform specialized functions which may be required. Save to the Desktop and then Run from the Desktop. Thanks.

Please visit this webpage for instructions on downloading and running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

Please ensure you read this guide carefully and install the Recovery Console first.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery(repair) mode, if needed. This allows us to help you in the case that your computer has a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

As part of installing the Recovery Console, ComboFix will begin to run. Follow the prompts to install the Recovery Console. Your desktop may disappear. This is normal. It will return.

Once the Recovery Console is installed, this blue window will appear:

Please continue as follows:
Close/disable all antivirus and antispyware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Get help here
Please click Yes to continue scanning for malware.
When the tool is finished, it will produce a log for you.

Please post that log, ComboFix.txt along with a new HijackThis log so we may continue cleansing the system.

Open HijackThis and click on 'Do a System Scan and Save a Logfile'. Save the logfile and post it here.

Please post the following in your next reply:

C:\ComboFix.txt
new HijackThis log

If you have any questions along the way...STOP and ask them before proceeding.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cannot-open-local-d-and-e-drive-directly-254587.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi When I'm at my Windows Live home page h t t & check mail the never-ending Windows Live p home live com the Windows Live mail & the never-ending check quot Checking for new messages quot never stops I deleted all messages in all folders too thinking maybe one of them was the cause of Windows Live mail & the never-ending check the problem but the check goes on The Windows Live help isn't much help either I've searched and can't find anything about the never ending check for new messages What do I have to do to make it finally give up the search or is this normal behavior thanks in advance xstepperx PS I just figured out it has something to do with IE 's security settings I keep security Windows Live mail & the never-ending check for the Internet Local intranet amp Resstricted sites zones set to High the Trusted sites zone set to Medium-high and add sites as needed to to the Trusted sites zone when I need them to work I have live com msn com hotmail com passport com amp microsoft com in Trusted sites already but obviously I'm still missing something Anyone have any idea what I need in Trusted sites for my mail to work as it should Thanks again xstepperx

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230000/windows-live-mail-the-never-ending-check/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, for about a month or so, my windows dwm isn't working (dwm service is on) and my computer keeps constantly getting infected with virusus/trojans and some pups. My browser also keeps asking me to be a default program. All of these viruses/trojans pop up under my appdata folder. I would like some assistance in deleting the infections. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I'm using Windows 7 64-bit.

A:Default Browser check keeps popping up, Windows Aero disabled

Hello hk101 and welcome to BleepingComputer.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop. Run the program.Click on the Scan button.AdwCleaner will begin to scan your computer.This time click on the Clean button.Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S#].txt) will open automatically (where the largest value of # represents the most recent report).Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.A copy of that logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder. Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.
In your next reply please include:
Adwcleaner log
JRT log
FSS log
Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522466/default-browser-check-keeps-popping-up-windows-aero-disabled/
Relevancy 54.61%

I sometimes wonder about techs using tools such as Seatools, HDD regenerator etc to diagnose/repair hard drives. Do any of these tools beat Chkdsk in any way?
(besides data recovery tools, I guess those have no match in Windows).

Thank you

A:Do you need more than Windows default tools to check/repair a hard drive?

IMO, always use the tool provided by the vender. At the time you need this tool, you don't need a 3rd party screw-up to 'help you' really mess it up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-you-need-more-than-windows-default-tools-to-check-repair-a-hard-drive.217548/
Relevancy 54.61%

I run a desktop system with multiple physical hard drives I maintain a strict practice of locating ALL data files on a drive other than drive C This includes my Internet Explorer Favorites my e-mail and my e-mail Live can default file? Windows Mail change How I Contacts of location address book Using Outlook Express under Windows XP I have been able to do this with no difficulty though sometimes editing the Registry was necessary Now switching over to Windows I can no longer use Outlook Express So I am trying to set up Windows Live Mail so that BOTH the e-mail files and the Contacts file address book are located on a different drive There is a built-in provision in Windows Live Mail to change the default How can I change default location of Windows Live Mail Contacts file? location of the e-mail files themselves but there does not appear to be any provision for changing the location of the Contacts file even by editing the Registry so far as I can see Does anyone know if it is POSSIBLE to do this and if so HOW Regards to all oldguy

A:How can I change default location of Windows Live Mail Contacts file?

There's no easy way to change the location of WEMail contacts. Any registry hacks for any Windows application only makes your system less stable. I don't know of any registry tricks for this.

A better way is to move your entire user profile to a sperate partition on the root drive.

User Profile - Change Default Location - Method One

This is preferred over changing individual standard folders location in the folder properties (Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos) and changing default locations inside an application (Msg Store location).

I set up my system that way, it's much cleaner and a reinstall doesn't affect that User profile partition (unless you do a factory reset or tell the install to use the entire drive).

You should use the root drive so that it is always available when you boot the system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/319199-how-can-i-change-default-location-windows-live-mail-contacts-file.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I wasn't aware that I had used an email to get the Windows 8 started but I guess I did. I closed that account and am not able to access it. However, if I want to get into the store, etc. It tells me to log in with that email address. It will not let me change the address in the login screen. How to do I change in on the computer? Where is that setting?

A:Change Windows 8 default Email

It has to be a Microsoft account. It merges in with your Skydrive account. Deleting the account is a very bad idea, because windows 8 almost exclusively runs from that account. So if that account no longer exists, and your computer is set up to connect to it, well that becomes a huge problem, because there is constant interplay between your Windows 8 and your Microsoft/Skydrive account when you are online.

You can switch to a Local Account, and from there you can set up a new Microsoft account. Or, you can leave it a Local account and this will be for the whole computer, and you can use another Microsoft account for your Store Account. Deleting a Microsoft account for any reason, is just not good, especially now, because they will all now be "Outlook.com" accounts. Mine is still linked to my original email address because I set it up almost 20 years ago.

To change to a local user, go to PC SETTINGS and choose Local Account

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/27067-change-windows-8-default-email.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Is there a way to set the default email account.
I have three email accounts set up and the first one is always the one thats opend when I open the app. However its the third one that is my main email account, Is there a way to change this
Thanks

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437664-windows-10-email-app-set-default-account.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Office 2003 on XP.

If I double-click a .doc or .xls file, I get a brief "Preparing to Install" window that goes away in a second or so. The app then opens to an empty screen. If I then click File/Open, I can drill down to my file and open it that way.

Anyone else have this problem? What did you do to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

A:Word and Excel won't open files directly

This is a long shot, but you may have to associate the files with the program they were meant for. On eway to do this is to open my computer, not any office program. Find the file (files) you want, right click and choose "Open With" and pick the correct program in the list.

In the future your files should open with the right program without any additional efftort.

Let me know if this works.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/213303/word-and-excel-wont-open-files-directly/
Relevancy 54.61%

When i click on a link it doesnt take me to that webpage cos the address in the address bar automatically starts with some http://%22 ... i then have to retype the whole address again. This is only when i click on links especially the ones i receive on yahoo messenger or yahoo mail or other emails and not when i type the address directly in the address bar.

I have been cleared by 'HijackThis Log Help' and they have asked me to post my query here.

Link to 'HijackThis Log Help' thread

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...tml#post996041

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/unable-to-open-website-links-directly-169275.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Is there a command parameter to taskmgr.exe to open directly to Details?

A:Open Task Manager directly to Details

I don't have answer to your question except to say that Task Manager opens the way it was closed.
If it was closed in Details mode, it opens in Details mode.
Does it do the same in your computer ?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39599-open-task-manager-directly-details.html
Relevancy 54.61%

We have been facing these problems in two of our computers with OS xp.

When we open any files in the winrar with double click, it opens any other files not in the winrar window.

For e.g. I have four pdf files compressed in rar format. When I open the rar and double click any one of the files inside, it opens an excel file in my desktop.

However if I extract the four pdf files anywhere and open it, it works fine.

A:cannot open files directly from winrar but can extract

Hi see here How to Use WinRAR | eHow.com

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-open-files-directly-from-winrar-but-can-extract-688080.html
Relevancy 54.61%

how do I get a file to open directly to desktop not taskbar?

I suppose opening all files in the task bar is someone's ideas of organization but I get really annoyed at having to chase all over with my clicker trying to open a file shortcut. It is not pinned to the taskbar.

A:how to get a file to open directly to desktop not taskbar

Files don't open to the Taskbar. An icon is placed there when a file is opened but the file itself should open on the Desktop.

If you are saying when you open a file/program, it opens minimized to the Taskbar that can be fixed.

You can force a program to run in minimized, maximized state pr normal.

1. Right-click the program's shortcut and then click Properties.
2. This will open the Properties window with the Shortcut tab already selected. Click the drop-down menu next to Run and choose Maximized or Normal.

3. Click OK.
You will have to repeat this for each program that opens minimized as I don't know of any way to make this change globally.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/338793-how-get-file-open-directly-desktop-not-taskbar.html
Relevancy 54.18%

We bought my grandfather his first computer and he's not much of a typist yet. We've almost taught him how to send an email, using WLM, but the spell checker pops up when he tries to send a message. Is there a way to disable this? Thanks.

A:Turn off spell check in Windows Live Mail ?

Originally Posted by kcsrnd

We bought my grandfather his first computer and he's not much of a typist yet. We've almost taught him how to send an email, using WLM, but the spell checker pops up when he tries to send a message. Is there a way to disable this? Thanks.

Ugh. Is it an option? I have Logmein installed but I can never catch him when he has it on. He's deaf so it doesn't help to call him tell him to turn it on. I live a few hundred miles away from him. His neighbor was helping him, saw spell checker was a problem, then emailed me asking me to turn it off.

I'm running Ubuntu so I can't test it easily. Is there an easy option to shut it off?

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/261790-turn-off-spell-check-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi -

I have an issue with Spell Check in Windows Live on Windows 7 Home Edition. It's an odd problem, as it occurs only about 20% of the time, but often enough to be annoying!

When I click on Spell Check, nothing happens. Then I click "send" to send the e-mail. I get this message: "The spell check on this document was halted. Do you want to send anyway." Only one problem: I never halted the spell check! Very annoying even though it happens only about 20% of the time. Nobody seems to know anything about this issue, so any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!

A:Issue with Spell Check in Windows Live Mail

Hi Randy1212, It usually occurs when using 'reply or forward' option, but also dependant on the setting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/162915-issue-spell-check-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 54.18%

For one thing, I'm wondering if the web-based Karpasky could be run with Firefox via Ubuntu Live to check out a WinXP system drive... I haven't set up The Bad Teenager's network access yet...

A:Booting an Ubuntu Live disk, to check a Windows XP Box?

Generally web based scans use ActiveX. ActiveX does not work in Linux.If you want to scan from a Linux LiveCD you might want to check out Trinity Rescue Kit:http://trinityhome.org/Home/index.php?wpid=1&front_id=12

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/209555/booting-an-ubuntu-live-disk-to-check-a-windows-xp-box/
Relevancy 54.18%

Dell Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E7500 Computer
Inspirion 545s 00
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
6GB Memory
750GB Hard Drive

I use Windows Live Mail for my email client. Is there a way from within the program to click on something and have mail come down the pike again?

As of yet, I've not found a way and in order for new mail to come in, I must exit program and go back in.

Any ideas on this please, would be appreciated.

Thank you
windsorlady

A:Does anyone use Windows Live Email?

If you click on "sync" it will do the send/receive function again. You should see "sync" on the toolbar. You may need to go to "view" and enable the toolbar.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/56560-does-anyone-use-windows-live-email.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I'm using windows Live email and I lost all my saved emails which were serveral hundred. I had a folder in the same root as my Inbox with sub folders and now they are gone. I would like to make a folder on the root directory of my hard drive and save them to that so this does not happen again. I have 3 hard drives so every couple of days I can just copy them over to the other 2 hard drives so this really can not happen again. What a nightmare. How can I do this?

A:Windows Live email?

Lets try to restore the past, before we worry about the future. Go to backup and restore, in search by staart menu. Then go back to a point prior to your loss, you will be restored and whole again. Either way let us know and we will go to the next step.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/45114-windows-live-email.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I am using Windows Live email as I used to use Outlook Express with XP.

It works fine with my email provider, only it works too well. Every box I've set up with a message rule to sort incoming, I get duplicates of everything.

The main in-box doesn't. Is there a setting I've overlooked? Or duplicated?

Thanks,
Hank

A:Windows Live Email

Quote: Originally Posted by HankS

I am using Windows Live email as I used to use Outlook Express with XP.

It works fine with my email provider, only it works too well. Every box I've set up with a message rule to sort incoming, I get duplicates of everything.

The main in-box doesn't. Is there a setting I've overlooked? Or duplicated?

Thanks,
Hank

Can you tell us more about the rules you have set up?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/95425-windows-live-email.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have been totally baffled as how to save email messages to a folder on my Archive portable hard drive. It was no problem using Outlook and Outlook Express. How do you save messages under the Win7 operating system, which does not support Outlook Express?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-live-email-460673.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have my email spell checked before sending. Using Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail I noticed that it also checks the spelling in the To/Cc/Bcc and Subject line. In XP/Vista it did not do that. Is there a way to have it only spell check the text of an email?

A:Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail Spell Check

What happens if you put your cursor on the first word in the body of the text?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/87400-windows-7-windows-live-mail-spell-check.html
Relevancy 54.18%

After switching from WXP to W I discover that I can no longer default client Windows Solved: email 7 send email from a company s website For example if I am on Acme Industrie s website and there is a link for quot email protected quot Solved: Windows 7 default email client and I Solved: Windows 7 default email client click on that link to send a message I receive the following drop down window Solved: Windows 7 default email client message quot Could not perform this operation because the default email client is not properly installed quot I have no idea what that means My email program is through Qwest which uses Windows Live Hotmail so my address might be email protected When I open Internet Explorer my homepage opens to quot My MSN quot and the adjoining tab has my email I have no trouble sending or receiving email so don t know why I receive the message quot not properly installed quot Typically when I click on an email link on a business website it opens a window on their website and does not default to my email So what default email client is not properly installed This is a tricky one Any gurus out there with a plausible answer nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 default email client

Go to the following web site to install software enabling Hotmail to be seen as your default email client.

http://email.about.com/od/windowslivehotmailtips/qt/How_to_Make_Windows_Live_Hotmail_Your_Default_Email_Program.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-default-email-client.937904/
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok, I've spent way too much time trying to figure this out on my own.  I need help - and a 12-step program won't cut it.  Here's the story as concisely as I can explain it:

I use Sage 50 (Simply Accounting) for bookkeeping.  I need to be able to email invoices from Sage.  Sage tells me I need a MAPI compatible email program.  So I created an Outlook account cuz Outlook's like the Queen of MAPI stuff.  I have sent about 9000 test emails from the accounting program and not one of 'em has ended up in my Rogers.com email account.  Don't know where the emails went cuz neither Sage nor Rogers is talking.  Can somebody please tell me how the high holy hell I get this accomplished?

A:Set default for an Outlook email account in Windows 8

I believe You need to have Outlook installed.
When You say I created an Outlook account do You mean within Outlook or do you mean outlook.com the online email service?

Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490356/set-default-for-an-outlook-email-account-in-windows-8/
Relevancy 54.18%

Im sick of windows 7 trying to open Windows Live Mail... I hate that resource hungry application and choose to use hotmail directly in the browser... but how to I set hotmail to be default email? im always logged in to hotmail on chrome, there are ways to set it for Vista using an application but it wont run on windows 7
any advice would be great

thanks in advance

A:How do I.. Make HOTMAIL default email in windows 7?

Maybe I am not understanding your problem. Why would Windows Live Mail open unless you click on it or you have it in your Start folder?. If you have your Hot Mail account in Windows Live Mail it can be deleted without affecting your account on line.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-make-hotmail-default-email-in-windows-7.1019149/
Relevancy 54.18%

So I recently installed Windows 8 and Office 2007 (including Excel 2007). I then decided to participate in the Office 2013 trial, so I downloaded and installed that on top of everything. It worked correctly, and I could open files normally. Then I deleted Office 2007 in an effort to save space, and now I'm encountering problems.

Basically, every time I try to open an Excel file, Windows 8 gives me the "How do you want to open this file?" dialogue. I check "Use this app for all .xls(x) files" and click "Keep using Microsoft Excel" and the dialogue closes but the file doesn't open.

The only way I can get excel files to open now is by going to the Metro menu and opening Excel 2013, then opening the file from there.

Is there a way to fix this issue without resorting to the workaround method?

Thanks in advance!

A:Excel 2013 Issues (can't open files directly)

Hi.............I also found this with excel but word works ok......Did you get a answer to the problem.......

Thanks

Roger

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/9784-excel-2013-issues-cant-open-files-directly.html
Relevancy 54.18%

how to open directly here: ComputerManagement/Local Users and Groups/Users

i use this command :cmd /c start lusrmgr.msc and lead me here:

and i need a command wich lead me directly here:

A:A cmd to open directly here:ComputerManager/LocalUser and Groups/Users

Sorry, not possible. Not unless you're willing to use a gigantic command that presses keys for you.

Code:
@(echo Set A = CreateObject^("WScript.Shell"^)&echo A.Run^("lusrmgr.msc"^)&echo WScript.Sleep 500&echo A.AppActivate^("lusrmgr"^)&echo A.SendKeys^("{TAB}"^)&echo A.SendKeys^("{ENTER}"^))>"%TEMP%\tmp-369455_.vbs"&WScript "%TEMP%\tmp-369455_.vbs"&timeout 1 >NUL&del "%TEMP%\tmp-369455_.vbs" /q

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/369455-cmd-open-directly-here-computermanager-localuser-groups-users.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Good day every1,
I have given up several replaceable programs because of this problem...

as already stated in the title:
I want my programs to open ON the icon in the taskbar... for some programs it works, for others strangely it doesn't...

Meaning I click on the icon, and instead of opening itself where the icon is located it opens a new window right next to it....

as you can see sony vegas opened normally ON the icon of it, but Pale Moon opened next to it, this is VERY annoying-.-

A:How do I make programs open directly on the icon in the taskbar?

Welcome to the Seven Forums
Try this, after it opens the one next to it right click on it and pin it to the taskbar then unpin the 1st one.
Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/227999-how-do-i-make-programs-open-directly-icon-taskbar.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I am having a problem opening a file attachment with Outlook Express 6. I can save the attachement to the hard drive and open it, but when I try and open it directly from Outlook express, it says " the file cannot be found C:\Documents
and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\....\name.xls"

Other attachments is ok. Please advise.

A:Can't Open Excel Attachment Directly From Outlook Express.

While I do not have an answer for you why you cannot open directly, think on the bright side: You have to drag it out someplace first, then you can SCAN IT WITH ANTIVRUS, and finally open it. Safer this way!

Office files MAY contain malware behind any sheet, document and within macros.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123765/cant-open-excel-attachment-directly-from-outlook-express/
Relevancy 54.18%

Msn.com gives me an error message and locks up whenever I open it directly.      If I go Google first and the open msn.com, I don't have a problem.  How do we fix msn.com, so it can be opened directly from the desktop icon?.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b34d02ba-b4ff-427e-8be6-f268a1f7c6fe/msncom-gives-me-an-error-message-and-locks-up-whenever-i-open-it-directly-from-the-msnicon?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 54.18%

1. For a while the computer has become very slow, to open a file takes two minutes and to print a page takes five minutes.

2. Unable to open excel file directly, a blank page comes up, have to go to FILE and then select particular file to open.

I have been told to reload M/S programme to resolve this problem. Is it correct?

A:Microsoft office excel files - cannot open directly

XP ???
This is what I do ...
http://my.opera.com/Jarrah/blog/how-to-make-excel-open-each-file-in-a-separate-window

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-excel-files-cannot-open-directly.1057068/
Relevancy 53.75%

In Live Mail I work with up to 3 different languages.
I understand that the spelling check detects which laguage is used and automatically starts checking accordingly.
Some image of the spelling check menu I have seen on the net did show a "current laguage" button in the spelling check menu.
However in the menu on my computer ( Dutch version) this button is not there.
I appreciate suggestions

A:Windows Live mail spelling check current language

Quote: Originally Posted by pverweij1

In Live Mail I work with up to 3 different languages.
I understand that the spelling check detects which laguage is used and automatically starts checking accordingly.
Some image of the spelling check menu I have seen on the net did show a "current laguage" button in the spelling check menu.
However in the menu on my computer ( Dutch version) this button is not there.
I appreciate suggestions

I have a box (in WLM 2009) that can be checked called "check spelling in current input language". Is that the one? I'm not sure what it does since my spelling is checked even if that box is unchecked but maybe it refers to the case where multiple languages are installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/223025-windows-live-mail-spelling-check-current-language.html