Windows Support Forum

Facebook (and only Facebook) running slow or not at all

Q: Facebook (and only Facebook) running slow or not at all

Here is my original post Hey guys just built myself this new shiny computer with an AMD processor GB ram plenty of storage and a decent graphics card It runs games Photoshop multiple browser sessions all at the same time and I even upgraded to the cable companies fastest internet So why the BLEEP can I NOT get on Facebook Seriously across ALL browsers especially Chrome which I ve uninstalled and reinstalled I get extreme slowdown or loss of connection ONLY with Facebook I ve pinged it and gotten very fast responses Facebook) running or (and only Facebook slow at not all but I cannot do ANYTHING on their servers When I was FIRST downloading software a friend of mine used a program that allows you to install lots of recommended programs at once he downloaded and used a quot torrent downloader quot program and that is the ONLY thing I think could be causing some issue I ve used Ad Aware and tried to fix it gone into incognito mode which helps sometimes and used other browsers but somehow facebook still is slow Can anyone help EDIT another strange issue even though all my settings are correct I have to send email times in Windows Live Mail before the server accepts it I get a LOT of server not responding errors

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Facebook (and only Facebook) running slow or not at all

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Facebook (and only Facebook) running slow or not at all

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/461586 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you should not bother creating a GMER log. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/461586/facebook-and-only-facebook-running-slow-or-not-at-all/
Relevancy 82.46%

As the title says Facebook, and only Facebook, runs very slow or sometimes fail to load. I've tried this on both Chrome and Mozilla and the result are the same.
Tried to scan with NOD32 antivirus + Eset Online Scanner. Right now is at 55% and found 1 threat (Win32/AdkDLLWrapper) unwanted application.
Below are the FRST.txt and Addition.txt from FRST x64.

A:Facebook (and Facebook only) running very slow or fail to load

Hi,

do you run any add or script blockers on in your browsers?

regards
myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585187/facebook-and-facebook-only-running-very-slow-or-fail-to-load/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi!

I am having problems visiting facebook.com and imperiaonline.org; other websites seem to be running fine. CPU meter gadget shows that whenever I am trying to visit facebook.com, my CPU usage is above 85% and RAM usage is above 95%. Did a Kaspersky scan few days ago, found a clean result; found a $RECYCLE.BIN folder in my drive however, and deleted it. Searched the internet for anti-malware tool and found ComboFix, scanned with it, but couldn't understand what to do next. A feature at imperiaonline.org doesn't work too; the support team said it has to do something with my browser. Re-installed Chrome, tried Mozilla, saw no improvement.

What should I do now?

The details has been filled up in the form above. Attaching the last ComboFix log with this thread.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/facebook-is-running-slow.64313/
Relevancy 93.74%

I'm using XP, I.E. 8, on a Gateway 310s, with 2 gigs of memory and a 40 gig HD so it's an oldie.

This baby has been running slowly for a while now (been doing the Adaware, Malwarebytes, AVG, Commodo Firewall thing to keep it maintained somewhat), but since Facebook has changed its groups format, it's damned near impossible to get anything done there. It takes about 2 minutes to load, and if I'm lucky enough to make a post, it takes another two minutes to enter text. Forget about scrolling.......the site freezes like it's in concrete. All my other internet sites work normally..the problem seems to be only with FB. Any ideas as to what the ding dang problem is? I'd be very appreciative of any help I recieve.
Thanks millions in advance.

A:Facebook running slow

Is it the same problem with other browsers (Firefox, Chrome, etc.)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396403/facebook-running-slow/
Relevancy 92.88%

Facebook Page on my computer running slow and then not responding, this has happened within the last 2 weeks, I have another Computer and that works fine on Facebook so it must be my computer that's wrong not Facebook . I have run scans etc but can't seem to find anything to fix,please help.

A:Facebook Running Slow and then Not Responding

Welcome eyeballs11Do you have problems with ANY other on line (internet) connections on that computer, or is it just your F/book pageThank You

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/395250/facebook-running-slow-and-then-not-responding/
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a new HP Pavillion laptop that has Windows 8 on it. Ever since I have been using it, I have noticed that all the games I play on Facebook run extremely slow. I mainly use Google Chrome, but have tried to see if other internet browsers have the same problem and they all run slow. I've checked to make sure that java, flash player and even shockwave are all up to date.

Is anyone able to help? Its starting to get really annoying.

Thanks

A:Facebook Games Running Slow

Hello k3lz1990,

Are you having any other problems with your new laptop? If not, I would check with others that play Facebook Games to see if they are having similar problems. You might also want to check your internet download and upload speeds and compare them with your Facebook counterparts as well. You can do an internet speed test here for reference:

Speakeasy Speed Test

Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/22520-facebook-games-running-slow.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi there I've been (other Facebook very and running slow sites mobile version PC fine) on having some trouble with Facebook for the past week or so I first noticed that Facebook was loading considerably slower than most other programs YouTube works online video games are fine voice and video Facebook running very slow on PC (other sites and mobile version fine) chat programs Skype TeamSpeak etc all working perfectly The mobile browser version of Facebook works fine as does the Messenger application however on all PC browsers the site is slow I've tried Chrome IE and Firefox Naturally my first though was that there was server trouble but the problems have persisted and have seemingly become much worse over the past five days When it was clear the problem wasn't going away I checked to see if Facebook was down but it wasn't I did a speed test at the same time and my download speeds were normal I cleared my cache cookies etc but no luck Flushed DNS still no luck I've disabled AVG AntiVirus to see if that was the thing causing issues but nope still the same problem I suppose it's also worth noting that this problem seems to fluctuate most of the time Facebook takes upwards of two minutes to load but for short periods the site functions without issue This just recently occurred and I was able to navigate Facebook with no issue each page would take less than two seconds maximum to load Yesterday it seemed as if the problem had magically disappeared and I was able to surf Facebook for upwards of half an hour before it started to slow down again Any ideas what this may be Could it be a virus or something similar I ran a Windows scan for spyware malware and am currently scanning with AVG but it's taking an aeon to complete Thanks in advance EDIT Okay two new developments in the fifteen minutes since I posted this First of all disabling Windows Firewall seems to have some effect on the load time of the page but it's only marginal some pages load instantly others take maybe seconds to completely load Secondly I've noticed that Facebook upgraded to version on th July outlined here https developers facebook com docs apps changelog this correlates with when problems started occurring for me so could this perhaps be part of the problem Actually scratch that had I actually payed attention I would have noticed that that is apparently for Android

A:Facebook running very slow on PC (other sites and mobile version fine)

Try creating a new user account and going to Facebook in that new user account?  Any better?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620143/facebook-running-very-slow-on-pc-other-sites-and-mobile-version-fine/
Relevancy 89.87%

Trying to help a friend and here s her log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v running access can't log facebook Hijackthis - issues, date slow, Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Hijackthis log - running slow, date issues, can't access facebook WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system TpShocks exe C PROGRA ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TpScrex exe C PROGRA Hijackthis log - running slow, date issues, can't access facebook ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities QCWLICON EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C Program Files IBM IBM Rapid Restore Ultra rrpcsb exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS System QCONSVC EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Hijackthis log - running slow, date issues, can't access facebook Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C WINDOWS System TPHDEXLG EXE C WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNetwk exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files UltraVNC WinVNC exe C Program Files UltraVNC WinVNC exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O ... Read more

A:Hijackthis log - running slow, date issues, can't access facebook

it's been 3 days so I am bumping. really need help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hijackthis-log-running-slow-date-issues-cant-access-facebook.835813/
Relevancy 82.56%

I'm surprised that I am not finding a thread on this issue already.
Evidently something that changed in a recent build has caused both Facebook apps to crash.
When you launch the app it closes just after the window pops up.
It's kind of a bummer because when you get a notification and it opens the app, it just crashes.
The only way to use Facebook at the moment is with the browser.
I hope they get this fixed. Maybe the app needs to be updated now but to have an app quit working with an OS build update is not good.
On the Windows Store the ratings/feedback is flooded with users all experiencing this issue.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/440593-facebook-facebook-beta-both-broken-current-build.html
Relevancy 82.56%

hello all ive been experiencing this issue for a few days now www facebook com will not load the only way it seems to load is if i clear cache and it is VERY limited almost useless i ve tried everything i could get my hands on i primarily use google chrome but this seems to be the problem on all browsers opera firefox internet explorer safari i wont facebook besides facebook. open every works website ve tried https www facebook com checked host file ran malwarebytes and cleared any malware hijackthis flushed dns reset router etc but nothing seems to every website works besides facebook. facebook wont open be the fix even using a proxy site wont allow me to sign in it gets every website works besides facebook. facebook wont open me to the home page but then cookies gets in the way i m almost certain it s nothing to do with the internet provider or modem router because the internet seems to be running smooth even other computers in the house are not experiencing this problem with facebook or any other site and they are connected to the same router any help will be much appreciated nbsp every website works besides facebook. facebook wont open

A:every website works besides facebook. facebook wont open

im going to install windows 7. this is ridiculous

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/every-website-works-besides-facebook-facebook-wont-open.1004794/
Relevancy 80.84%

This morning I noticed that the Facebook Share option has gone missing from Edge since upgrading to the new Facebook app. Is it just me? Or perhaps something not quite right with the new Win 10 Facebook app?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/edge/422939-has-facebook-share-gone-missing-edge-after-new-facebook-app.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Both the above named apps after finally getting the AU will not actually load they both self close before getting off the icon screen I only discovered Facebook Facebook load will not Messenger and this when I went to check a notification from action center instead of loading up the browser Now I was still getting notifications while they would not load but after uninstalling rebooting clearing app caches multiple time they have stopped even doing that which I expected The notifications was the main reason I even had the programs so I could get those notifications when I did not have the site open I have tried every solution google could also give me including clearing out manually some registry entries between an uninstall and reinstall and clearing out all Facebook windows credentials but nothing has made a difference In event viewer each generated errors and between then an information entry the ones for Facebook and Facebook Messenger will not load the main Facebook app first error Faulting application name WinUAPEntry exe version time stamp x db Facebook and Facebook Messenger will not load Faulting module name unknown version time stamp x Exception code xc Fault offset xa b Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x d a ba Faulting application path C Program Files WindowsApps Facebook Facebook x xx rvfyw nnt WinUAPEntry exe Faulting module path unknown Report Id abae -ae - f - b- fea f Faulting package full name Facebook Facebook x xx rvfyw nnt Faulting package-relative application ID App information entry Fault bucket type Event Name MoBEX Response Not available Cab Id Problem signature P Facebook Facebook x xx rvfyw nnt P praid App P P db P StackHash P P P PCH AD FROM osmeta x P c P Attached files C ProgramData Microsoft Windows WER Temp WER BD tmp WERInternalMetadata xml These files may be available here C ProgramData Microsoft Windows WER ReportArchive AppCrash Facebook Faceboo e d b e fe f d ad e a fcf df a b a b c e bb Analysis symbol Rechecking for solution Report Id abae -ae - f - b- fea f Report Status Hashed bucket f ffdd ce c de second error from same attempt to run Activation of app Facebook Facebook xx rvfyw nnt App failed with error The remote procedure call failed See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI Operational log for additional information same entries for messenger except showing its app package name all other store apps work fine

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/64939-facebook-facebook-messenger-will-not-load.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Every account I've read of someone's facebook being hacked has been from someone foolishly clicking a link a fellow victim uncharacteristically 'sent' to them, on facebook.

Is this always the case, or can facebook-hijacking viruses be obtained from elsewhere?

If I regularly use streaming websites or porn or whatever, am I at risk of a virus using a keylogger to hijack my facebook?

thanks

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi I hope you can help to solve my ever slowing laptop It also freezes when playing games through facebook which frustrate my sons I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro laptop Running facebook. freezing using slowly, when very with Windows XP Thanks in advance for any suggestions given P Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS Running very slowly, freezing when using facebook. System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Virgin Broadband PCguard Fws exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe C Program Files Raxco PerfectDisk PD Agent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Sukoku sukoku exe C Program Files Virgin Broadband PCguard SafeConnect Bin SanaAgent exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Virgin Broadband PCguard rps exe C WINDOWS system VTtrayp exe C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files Power Manager PM exe C PROGRA BLUEYO SMARTB blueyonder-istnotifier exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Virgin Broadband advisor Broadbandadvisor exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Sony Ericsson PC Suite SEPCSuite exe C Program Files Sukoku sukoku exe C Program Files Radica UCreate Music UCreate exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpohmr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program Kodak Software Updater exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkCalRem exe C Program Files Virgin Broadband PCguard RpsSecurityAwareR exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C Program Files Virgin Broadband advisor BroadbandadvisorComHandler exe C Program Files SlimBrowser sbrowser exe C Program Files Java jre bin java exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster registrybooster exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer Provided by blueyonder R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook FCToolbarURLSearchHook Class - e -e b- -af - d ce e c - C Program Files Pirates - FB Helper dll R - URLSearchHook no name - - no file R - URLSearchHook FarmVille Game Toolbar - fb f -b c- e c-accb- e cc - C Program Files FarmVille Game tbFarm dll O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO FCTBPos Pos - F A F- A - A - F -D FA B - C Program Files Pirates - FB Toolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EB... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/running-very-slowly-freezing-when-using-facebook.902887/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi, I have a problem with my Netbook Aspire One D255E: today my netbook shut down after this BSOD ( I attach a photo), after I restart the desktop takes too much minutes to appear, and when it does, an advise window appear (like the other three photos shows).
What's the problem? What I have to do to solve the problem???
Thank you for the attention, please help me!

I follow the steps: I download SF_Diagnostic_Tool and I attached the folder with the .dmp and .txt files

A:BSOD when I was running a pdf and chrome (I was only on facebook)

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271748-bsod-when-i-running-pdf-chrome-i-only-facebook.html
Relevancy 75.25%

After running CCleaner v 3.27.1900, I am unable to Login to Facebook directly. Selecting the icon in my favorites, IE, only results in the loading icon, with no connection to the site. The same thing occurs when manually entering a search and selecting Facebook.

However, when I receive an email advising me of activity from one of my Facebook friends, I can select SEE COMMENT and go directly and quickly to the Facebook page.

Yes, I know it's a little thing, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Facebook Login problem after running CCleaner.

Hey mate,

Try this one out: Internet Explorer - Reset - Windows 7 Help Forums

If it doesn't work, go more in-depth: Troubleshooting Internet Explorer Issues - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/40303-facebook-login-problem-after-running-ccleaner.html
Relevancy 75.25%

i went to use Ccleaner and it wiped all my contacts and my games off i need it back i have money on my farmville 2 game and was at lvl 219 and it is starting over i need my game and contacts back i am disabled so this is my life line i need it fixed

A:i lost all my stuff on facebook just by running Ccleaner

is it fixed i need my computer back it is my life

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/i-lost-all-my-stuff-on-facebook-just-by-running-ccleaner/19679.html
Relevancy 75.25%

problem internet explorer 8 keeps freezing, running very slow when in the facebook,(eg, windows is not responding),allso complete freezup! very slow to move any body got an idear, please elan1948..

A:ie8 continually freezing in facebook running windows 7

Hey Elan1948,
If you find that your IE is freezing on facebook, here are some trouble-shooting steps you may try:
1. Run your anti-virus and an anti-spyware, to check for malware infections. Microsoft Security Essentials is a good freeware AV from Microsoft.
2. Clear Cache. Or else run your Junk Cleaner or CCleaner. In IE 7 or 8, click Tools > Internet options > Security > Reset all Zones to Default level
3. If still you find your IE giving problems, close it and run IE (No Add-ons). This opens up the browser without loading any add-ons, toolbars or plug-ins.
4. Run sfc /sc?annow and at the end reboot if asked for. This will replace corrupted system files if any.
If you find it running OK, then the problem is most probably caused by an addon. In that case you have two options :
- Use the manage Add-ons tool, and disable each one after the other to find out which one is causing the problem.
- In Internet Options, go to Advanced Tab and click on Reset tab. Restart IE. This step deletes all temp files, disables any add-ons, plug-ins, toolbars and also resets all changed settings to default. Although this is a quick-fix, you will have to re-install the add-ons.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Bryn
IE Outreach Team

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie8-continually-freezing-in-facebook-running-windows-7-a-500815.html
Relevancy 74.82%

This pc with win XP professional SP2, 3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium D16 kilobyte primary memory cache2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache64-bit readyMulti-core (2 total)Board: PCCHIPS P23G 1.0Bus Clock: 200 megahertzBIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 080012 448 Megabytes Usable Installed MemoryJust when I open facebook , initially appears good however it loads very slow and it takes about 3 minutes to advance the page with chance to frezee. I run Ccleaner, superantispyware but no help. Please, what can I do to solve this problem?Thanks in advancemloo55

A:Only Facebook very slow in the pc

Could be temporary problem...Has it been like this for a while or has it just occurred?It's worth trying another browser as a comparison, but if your problem has just happened today or so, I've had reports of Facebook being very slow at times, with some games taking forever to load - if at all.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/only-facebook-very-slow-in-the-pc/203016.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a HP desktop running win 8.1 using ie 11 , when I go to facebook page the  pc freezes  for a minute when I try to scroll up or down ( it also has CPU usage around 80-100 % )  but using chrome I can scroll up and down with no hesitation. I have remove all bloatware and have scanned for viruses and malware  with no help ... Thanks for your time and help ... Ron G

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543959/ie-11-and-slow-facebook/
Relevancy 74.39%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1023 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 (Sony), 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 55129 MB, Free - 36552 MB; D: Total - 59333 MB, Free - 11995 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P4S533VL
Antivirus: Norton 360, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled
I have a laptop running Windows 7 and this problem does not exist. On the XP3 computer, where the profile photos should show I get empty squares. If I click on the square the picture appears. I have to click on each individual square. I have tried to compare all Facebook settings and they appear the same. Any help will be appreciated. CARETIREE

A:Profile photos don't show in Facebook but only on PC running Windows XP3.

what browser are you you using on the XP computer? It sounds like some of the setting there have been changers. Under the file menu or something like that there should be an option to reset all the settings. That would be my best guess.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/profile-photos-dont-show-in-facebook-but-only-on-pc-running-windows-xp3.1033093/
Relevancy 73.96%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Portable PC Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled Antivirus windows defender is disabled due to I have Avast I play Farmville ya HELP...Slow facebook game on dont judge lol stress reliever for me after work To continue the past month or so when playing noticing it s getting slower and slower Any help appreciatated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot HELP...Slow on facebook game mode Normal Running processes C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft Messaging x wekyb d bbwe SkypeHost exe C Program Files HELP...Slow on facebook game x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Nancy Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http home toshiba com cid J R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https search yahoo com fr vmn amp type vmn webcompa ya hp WCYID ysie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by TOSHIBA O - BHO avast Online Security - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - HKLM Run ToshibaAppPlace quot C Program Files x Toshiba Toshiba App Place ToshibaAppPlace exe quot O - HKLM Run AvastUI exe quot C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe quot nogui O - HKLM Run TSVU quot c Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Smart View Utility TosSmartViewLauncher exe quot O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Se amp nd to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button OneNote Lin amp ked Notes - FE F- FC - A - -EDE DB C CA - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIELinkedNotes dll O - Extra Tools menuitem OneNote Lin amp ked Notes - FE F- FC - A - -EDE DB C CA - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIELinkedNotes dll O - Options group ACCELERATED GRAPHICS Accelerated graphics O - Trusted Zone http webcompanion com O - Protocol tbauth - CA - - D-B A- E - C Windows SysWOW tbauth dll O - Protocol windows tbauth - CA - - D-B A- E - C Windows SysWOW tbauth dll O - Filter hijack text xml - E - - D -A - B D E - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared OFFICE MSOXMLMF DLL O - Service Adobe Acrobat Update Service AdobeARMservice - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe O - Service Adobe Flash Player Update Service AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C WINDOWS SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerUpdateService exe O - Service SystemRoot system Alg exe - ALG - Unknown owner - C WI... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-slow-on-facebook-game.1171196/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi I am using Win 7 and Google Chrome. Processor,Core 2 duo [email protected] 2.0 Ghz
everything runs ok except that using F.B. video's and similar downloads the video slows and stops and waits to download and continue for a short time and repeats etc.
Graphics Intel 965 Express chip set

Download test suggest 9.79 Mbps

Any suggestions to correct most welcome

A:FaceBook video's slow

Update Adobe Flash player, and Java. Clear your temp internet files (Cache) Close all unneeded programs when streaming video. Disable toolbars they also use additional RAM.

Try other browsers like IE.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/facebook-videos-slow-611772.html
Relevancy 73.96%

hi,
I seem to be having a bit of trouble logging in to my games and when I do, they are very slow. I get messages like "the connection was reset, please try again" or it will say "sorry, there was an error loading this page". I get so many different messages from friends saying I should do this and that with my computer that it gets too confusing. My computer is an Acer and is an older model. A friend said that my computer is old and that's why they're suddenly all slow.

I just received another message which said: [E-Error= Error #1007][CCS error message: Something went wrong after a saga api call: http://candycrush.king.com/api/gameStart with params:

Relevancy 73.96%

Good evenin guys long time no see !as my title says, its been like forever but i never really noticed it. only facebook loads SUPERslow ...like 15 seconds for top row then stops loading the 'feed' & chat sectionHere's a Sshot I tried Chrome, Opera & IE & i primarily use firefox with youtube video download & adblocker addonInternet speed is 1Mbps , other sites work well

A:ONLY facebook loading slow

As far as Facebook goes and that small bandwidth, I would go into Facebook preference settings and tell it NOT to autoload videos/media. A while back Facebook redesigned their site to where you can scroll down and videos play etc. You will want it set to only playing a video when you select to play it. When they rolled this out it was a royal annoyance. I had plenty of bandwidth so that the page loaded at an ok speed, but i didnt want videos to autoplay when scrolling down. I'd check to see if maybe the videos/media are eating up your bandwidth on page load that is causing for it to lag out. If this is the cause you should be able to easily fix this in preferences and have Facebook load faster.Additionally on a recent thread I had going here I noticed that Facebook and Youtube have been laggy lately and I found out that Flash is Single-Threaded which I was not aware of it how it executes on CPU. If you have a weak CPU system you could also be dealing with the fact that Flash is single-threaded and slow on a weaker CPU system. My system that showed it the worst was a Netbook with Intel Atom N280 1.66Ghz. I thought my system had an issue because Facebook and Youtube were slow and laggy and my CPU was only using 40-50% CPU utilization. The 40-50% was because the CPU has HT and so while it showed 2 cores, it only had 1 true core and 1 virtual core and so only the true core was in use at 90-100% so the hardware monitor was lying to me about the CPU use.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,152532.0.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I have been trying to resolve problems with my wife's Toshiba L -S for several months now Running Windows Home Premium Purchased new in HD replaced by BestBuy Geek Squad in OEM OS and script running won't 11 Scrabble Facebook load, errors IE long programs reinstalled then Running Avast AV and Malwarebytes which indicate no issues Primarily use IE as browser Facebook Scrabble won't load, IE 11 long running script errors but FB Scrabble won't load in Chrome or Firefox either Connect wirelessly via NetGear router FB Scrabble runs properly on my desktop Have run various Facebook Scrabble won't load, IE 11 long running script errors scans and diagnostics under post in two other forums before being referred here Windows Crashes BSOD and Hangs Help and Support forum at http www bleepingcomputer com forums t toshiba-l -bsod-hangs and Am I infected What do I do forum at http www bleepingcomputer com forums t toshiba-l -win- -is-super-slow-frequent-ie -script-errors Help at ea com was practically non-existent suggesting only CCleaner after initially telling me they only provide support to the Pogo versions Ccleaner did not resolve any issues Looking for suggestions I keep getting notices that W is ready for me to upgrade the laptop Should I just do that and forget about trying to resolve this issue

A:Facebook Scrabble won't load, IE 11 long running script errors

I wouldn't "upgrade" to Windows 10 if I were you. To get rid of the prompt to upgrade, try the GWX Control Panel.

I don't have a Facebook account, but I'm guessing those games use the Adobe Flash Player? Do you have the latest version of Flash?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605862/facebook-scrabble-wont-load-ie-11-long-running-script-errors/
Relevancy 72.24%

Typing is slow in Facebook text boxes, characters take a while to appear an you sometimes have to hit keys multiple times before they appear. All other websites and applications seem fine.

I am running Windows XP SP3. I have done all windows updates and as well updated Java and Flash.

I have downloaded Chrome and this issue does not exist in Chrome... it remains with IE8.

A:Typing is slow in Facebook text boxes

If you still have none of these softwares installed, please install them and do a full scan after updating to latest definition.Free MalwarebytesSuperantispyware Free EditionMake sure also that Empty temporary internet file folders when browser is closed is ticked under Tools - Internet options - Advanced tab. Regularly clean cache or junk files using Ccleaner also.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432067/typing-is-slow-in-facebook-text-boxes/
Relevancy 72.24%

This is my girlfriends computer It has become super slow and most recently has had tons of popups and was hacked by something she clicked on that went into her facebook and e-mail account Her passwords have been changed on my computer Thanks for all the help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Mandy at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista facebook/email slow and hacked Super Home Premium GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated Super slow and facebook/email hacked A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files iWin Games iWinTrusted exe C Program Files LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect CommandService exe c Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe C Program Files LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect Monitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files PictureMover Bin PictureMover exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil b exe C Program Files Internet ... Read more

A:Super slow and facebook/email hacked

bump.

And I just realized I didn't attach these, so here are the ark and attach files. They are in separate zip files because it said it was too big?

Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/super-slow-and-facebook-email-hacked-609101.html
Relevancy 72.24%

hello i m having difficulty with the speed and effectiveness of my internet browsing i m running firefox on windows xp and when i try to access sites like facebook my isp s homepage of comcast net and some other big-name sites i m unable to the status bar at the bottom of my browser will get maybe two thirds full and go no further while the tab says quot loading quot and seems to keep trying when this happens while trying to access myspace stopping and reloading allows me on to the site but it s still sluggish and i have to stop-and-reload again sometimes i ve also noticed on some sites that thumbnails and avatars are unusually slow to load i just removed an ad yieldmanager cookie which helped a little but not completely i ve run ad-aware AVG and mcafee in safe mode as well as crapcleaner and cleanup and i m just not sure what else to Facebook, Reach Can't Slow Myspace Browsing, do especially given the seeming randomness of the problem any insight would be very much appreciated thanks --zane

A:Slow Browsing, Can't Reach Facebook, Myspace

Hello avatarsrevenge and welcome to BC

Have you tried clearing your browser cache and temp. files? I find that if these are full that it can slow down browsing time. Try that and let us know if that resolves the problem.

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/140544/slow-browsing-cant-reach-facebook-myspace/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hey guys, been having an issue with Facebook on google chrome the past 3 days. It's unusable.

Very slow loading, constant "spinning" loading icon and when it finally does semi-load (30 mins - 1 hour) the entire layout is all screwed up and interacting with the website causes it to get stuck loading.

Have tried:
Clearing cache+everything else via google chrome settings.
Disabling all extensions, and then doing the above.
Installing Click&Clean and running that programs cleaner.
Running Advanced Systemcare 8 and CCleaner.
Rebooting 500 times.
Checking for chrome updates (None)
Reinstalling Chrome
Nothing fixes it. Every website is running perfectly fine, except Facebook.

Any more ideas? Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Google Chrome - Facebook slow.

what about another browser? is it slow there too?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-google-chrome-facebook-slow-962649.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corp Base Board Product Name Antivirus Avira Antivirus Updated and Enabled Laptop usually fairly speedy but the past month Netflix has become unusable and stuttering same with Facebook loading excruciatingly slow Some news websites are now taking ages to load However downloading is as fast than ever Overall speed is slightly down with my word processor most noticeable using those websites though I use Chrome I m going to have cancel Netflix soon if I can t fix it as it is unwatchable now slow Laptop Netflix, Facebook, etc. suddenly with I ve run SUPERAntispyware all clear now I removed MalwareBytes a few months back as recent updates seemed a bit dodgy to me All other updates have been done Any thoughts guidance or help would be gratefully received I wanted to make sure the laptop is running well Laptop suddenly slow with Facebook, Netflix, etc. before Windows arrives At the moment it is being a bit of a cow Regards thefidiot nbsp

A:Laptop suddenly slow with Facebook, Netflix, etc.

# AdwCleaner v4.208 - Logfile created 30/07/2015 at 02:12:04
# Updated 09/07/2015 by Xplode
# Database : 2015-07-26.2 [Server]
# Operating system : Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (x64)
# Username : Sam - SAM-TOSHLAPTOP
# Running from : C:\Users\Sam\Desktop\AdwCleaner.exe
# Option : Scan

***** [ Services ] *****
***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

File Found : C:\END
File Found : C:\Users\Sam\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\chrome-extension_mfhnkgpdlogbknkhlgdjlejeljbhflim_0.localstorage
File Found : C:\Users\Sam\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\hxxp_st.chatango.com_0.localstorage
File Found : C:\Users\Sam\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\hxxp_st.chatango.com_0.localstorage-journal
File Found : C:\Windows\System32\roboot64.exe
Folder Found : C:\Program Files (x86)\Conduit
Folder Found : C:\Program Files (x86)\Free Ride Games
Folder Found : C:\Program Files (x86)\Innovative Solutions
Folder Found : C:\Program Files (x86)\OApps
Folder Found : C:\Program Files (x86)\SearchProtect
Folder Found : C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip Registry Optimizer
Folder Found : C:\ProgramData\Ask
Folder Found : C:\Users\Sam\AppData\Local\Conduit
Folder Found : C:\Users\Sam\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\mfhnkgpdlogbknkhlgdjlejeljbhflim
Folder Found : C:\Users\Sam\AppData\Local\Innovative Solutions
Folder Found : C:\Users\Sam\AppData\LocalLow\Conduit

***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****
***** [ Shortcuts ] *****
***** [ Registry ] *****

Key Found : HKCU\Software\AceStream
Key Found : HKCU\Software\APN PIP
Key Found : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Toolbar
Key Found : HKCU\Software\Conduit
Key Found : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AceStream
Key Found : HKCU\Software\PIP
Key Found : [x64] HKCU\Software\AceStream
Key Found : [x64] HKCU\Software\APN PIP
Key Found : [x64] HKCU\Software\Conduit
Key Found : [x64] HKCU\Software\PIP
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\{4D076AB4-7562-427A-B5D2-BD96E19DEE56}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\SelectionLinks.DLL
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{66EEF543-A9AC-4A9D-AA3C-1ED148AC8EEE}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{826D7151-8D99-434B-8540-082B8C2AE556}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{AE07101B-46D4-4A98-AF68-0333EA26E113}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{66EEF543-A9AC-4A9D-AA3C-1ED148AC8EEE}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{66EEF543-A9AC-4A9D-AA3C-1ED148AC8FFE}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{744E0E81-BC79-4719-A58B-C98F7E78EE5D}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{11549FE4-7C5A-4C17-9FC3-56FC5162A994}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{212C2C4F-C845-4FBC-9561-C833A13D8DCE}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{3C5D1D57-16C8-473C-A552-37B8D88596FE}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{4A115D8A-6A7B-4C72-92B1-2E2D01F36979}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{99DF8440-814E-497F-BDDD-FB93E9E9DF96}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Conduit
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{83CAD530-387D-40FD-82EA-B9E863D92A9B}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\PIP
Key Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{66EEF543-A9AC-4A9D-AA3C-1ED148AC8EEE}
Key Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{66EEF543-A9AC-4A9D-AA3C-1ED148AC8FFE}
Key Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{744E0E81-BC79-4719-A58B-C98F7E78EE5D}
Key Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\DivX\Install\Setup\WizardLayout\ConduitToolbar
Key Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\3152E1F19977892449DC968802CE8964
Key Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\649A52D257CA5DB4EAAE8BA9EB23E467

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v11.0.9600.17909
-\\ Mozilla Firefox v
-\\ Google Chrome v44.0.2403.107

[C:\Users\Sam\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web data] ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-suddenly-slow-with-facebook-netflix-etc.1152411/
Relevancy 72.24%

My computer is slow it always has a virus or somthing facebook has pop ups that slow everything and sometimes freeze my browserMER - http www gmer net Rootkit scan - - Windows Service Pack Harddisk DR - gt Device Ide IdePort WDC WD BB- FJA rev G Running gmer exe Driver C DOCUME ADMINI LOCALS Temp is popups [email protected]&facebook comp slow kgnoyfob sys ---- Kernel code sections - GMER ---- C DOCUME ADMINI LOCALS Temp mbr sys The system cannot find the file specified ---- User code sections - GMER ---- text C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe USER [email protected]&facebook popups comp is slow dll DialogBoxParamW E AB Bytes JMP E C C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files internet explorer iexplore [email protected]&facebook popups comp is slow exe USER dll CreateWindowExW E D A Bytes JMP E EDB C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe USER dll DialogBoxIndirectParamW E Bytes JMP E E C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe USER dll MessageBoxIndirectA E A Bytes JMP E E B C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe USER dll DialogBoxParamA E B Bytes JMP E E C C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe USER dll MessageBoxExW E Bytes JMP E E C C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe USER dll MessageBoxExA E C Bytes JMP E E E C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe USER dll DialogBoxIndirectParamA E D D Bytes JMP E E C C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe USER dll MessageBoxIndirectW E D Bytes JMP E E F C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe USER dll DialogBoxParamW E AB Bytes JMP E C C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe USER dll SetWindowsHookExW E F Bytes JMP E E A C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe USER dll CallNextHookEx E B C Bytes JMP E DD CD C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe USER dll CreateWindowExW E D A Bytes JMP E EDB C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe USER dll UnhookWindowsHookEx E D F Bytes JMP E E C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe USER dll DialogBoxIndirectParamW E Bytes JMP E E C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe USER dll MessageBoxIndirectA E A Bytes JMP E E B C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe USER dll DialogBoxParamA E B Bytes JMP E E C C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe USER dll MessageBoxExW E Bytes JMP E E C C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe USER dll MessageBoxExA E C Bytes JMP E E E C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe USER dll DialogBoxIndirectParamA E D D Bytes JMP E E C C WINDOWS system IEFRAME dll Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation text C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe ... Read more

A:[email protected]&facebook popups comp is slow

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/411623/tdl4mbrfacebook-popups-comp-is-slow/
Relevancy 72.24%

Ive reset chrome completely and its till does it. Yet another PC connected to the same exthernet cable (Laptop also windows 7) works nice and speedy. Ive pinged a few sites, yahoo, google, facebook. All have good pings on the laptop yet facebook had a bad one on the desktop. google and yahoo both have great pings on the desktop.

Anybody got any ideas for me? My antivirus is webroot but both pc's have the same version and key installed of webroot.

A:All browsers loading facebook slow? Ideas?

How is it in Safe Mode with Networking?
Try changing DNS servers - DNS Addressing - How to Change in Windows 7

Since all browsers are experiencing the slow down, don't bother messing with individual browsers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/380723-all-browsers-loading-facebook-slow-ideas.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello all Here is my problem I clicked on a facebook link stupid yes I know i was tricked into it and since then my internet connection has been extremely slow There is definitely a problem somewhere and assume it is probably due to this facebook link I am running windows XP pro SP with firefox zone alarm free version All windows security patches for windows XP are currently up to date I have followed all the guidelines here and have tried everything I can do before posting I am using bitdefender antivirus and definitions were updated -- scan showed no problems I have cleaned out everything using ccleaner my drives are all defragmented and have tried spybot search amp destroy spyeraser and scanned with mcaffe stinger with no luck update also tried kapersky's online very internet help please virus (facebook)-- slow, connection possible virus scanner nothing I possible virus (facebook)-- internet connection very slow, please help am no expert but usually can handle most problems myself until now Thanks very much in advance-- possible virus (facebook)-- internet connection very slow, please help any help possible virus (facebook)-- internet connection very slow, please help is greatly appreciated joseph

A:possible virus (facebook)-- internet connection very slow, please help

Scan with MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware:Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Then, submit log file ESET SysInspector, to see what the situation.Download ESET SysInspectorhttp://www.eset.com/download/sysinspector.php- Start program through the SysInspector.exeThe program will collect information about the situation on your machine.- When "inspector" is ready and log file - generated, select File> Save Log- Confirm their wishChoose to save the file somewhere and then upload on http://4storing.com/ (when you open the page, click on the Great Britain flag to open the page in English), then give me the link.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/177039/possible-virus-facebook-internet-connection-very-slow-please-help/
Relevancy 72.24%

I attempt to log onto Facebook from one computer and get the following:

Your Computer Needs to Be Cleaned
  It looks like your computer is being affected by malware. We’ll help you fix the problem to keep your account secure and prevent malware from spreading to friends.     Malware is software that tries to steal personal information and causes problems when you use Facebook. Clicking or sharing links that contain spam can give your computer malware.

Followed by a button to "get started" which I have left strictly alone.

I can log in fine from other computers.

I've run Malwarebytes anti-malware which found no issues and scanned with Avast Free antivirus which also reported nothing.

A:Hijack? Facebook, and only facebook, says

It's a legit warning from Facebook... see this thread.Once you downloaded the removal tool and let it run, Facebook will let you back in.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582406/hijack-facebook-and-only-facebook-says/
Relevancy 72.24%

what can i do to remove this malware? i just started scanning with malwarebytes and will move on to avg after im done with that. ill post a hijack this log as soon as i can.

A:computer has been running slower, and spybot found fraud.facebook.messenger trojan

**In any case where you happen to be busy or unable to give us a reply, we would be grateful if you keep us informed in advance and we will be more than happy to wait. Failure to do so we will have your thread closed in THREE(3) days.

Hello there, nemesis337 I'm Conspire, I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.Please observe these rules while we work:Read the entire procedureIt is important to perform ALL actions in sequence.If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.Stick with me till you're given the all clear.Remember, absence of symptoms does not mean the infection is all gone.Don't attempt to clean your computer with any tools other than the ones I ask you to use during the cleanup process.IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete anything unless instructed to. Remember to backup all your important data(if possible) before moving on. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Do you still need help with this?---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460243/computer-has-been-running-slower-and-spybot-found-fraudfacebookmessenger-trojan/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi I stupidly clicked a message from what I Virus Redirects operation VERY - Help Facebook/Youtube & slow thought was my Facebook friend to watch a youtube video It prompted me to update Facebook/Youtube Virus Help - Redirects & VERY slow operation Flash so I downloaed the file Now my Facebook friends are all getting a similar message from me which I m not sending my PC is running extremely slowly and when I attempt to click through to addresses from search results I am redirected to other sites I ve attempted to search previous posts for solutions but the steps recommended seemed customized to the user I m running Windows XP on an Acer Aspire laptop Can anyone help Many thanks My HJT thread is as follows Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Facebook/Youtube Virus Help - Redirects & VERY slow operation WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Facebook/Youtube Virus Help - Redirects & VERY slow operation WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Acer Empowering Technology ePower ePower DMC exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C PROGRA LAUNCH LManager exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery eRAgent exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Yahoo Common YMailAdvisor exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Acer Empowering Technology Acer Empowering Framework Launcher exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePerformance MemCheck exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files tinyproxy tinyproxy exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C Program Files RosettaStoneLtdServices RosettaStoneLtdController exe C Program Files RosettaStoneLtdServices RosettaStoneLtdServer exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/facebook-youtube-virus-help-redirects-very-slow-operation.776373/
Relevancy 71.38%

I am running Bit Windows Professional since nearly since the beginning some web pages that seem to LinkedIn, others (Facebook, Certain fine slow really Websites flickr) use the same technology run very very slow and don't display properly The most commonly known sites would be facebook linkedin and flickr although many other Certain Websites really slow (Facebook, LinkedIn, flickr) others fine pages that I need to use are affected I tried installing different Java change all kind of settings etc All other devices on the network Windows XP Ubuntu Andriod are fine so I can rule out the router The computer is a dual boot Windows Linux on Linux everything is fine I also use different browsers IE Chrome Firefox all of them having the same issue on Windows All quot normal quot web pages are fine without any issue Anyone came across that problem before and has a solution I did all kind of virus checks and ran all sorts of speed optimisations with zero success It's driving me crazy not the pages mentioned I can live without them but I need other pages for work and have to work from computers to be able to access them

A:Certain Websites really slow (Facebook, LinkedIn, flickr) others fine

When I go to facebook.com the site opens pretty fast, however when I click on the notifications and then on and image I get the loading animation endlessly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/350988-certain-websites-really-slow-facebook-linkedin-flickr-others-fine.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Good morning I am not sure if I am posting this in the right forum or not if I am not I do appologize and request it be moved to the proper place For the last two weeks I have been having issues with my home network the internet speed has been ungodly slow and Facebook a site I frequent for the mini games keeps popping up as blocked by OpenDNS to contact the system administrator Well the administrator is my father I have bought up this concern to him and his conection is also ungodly slow and he says he has not blocked Facebook and is unsure as to how it is happening very blocking slow from Facebook Open DNS Windows Web 7] [moved and Thru troubleshooting and research I think I kind of have pinpointed the problem but am unsure how to fix it Everytime this happens if I reset our modem viola everything starts running at a good speed Facebook pops up but the second my little brother realizes Web very slow and Open DNS blocking Facebook [moved from Windows 7] the modem has been reset he logs his pc back on I have no clue what he does in there besides play games and everything goes back to not functioning Finally frustrated with not being able to do anything I want to on my pc when I have the time I downloaded your program Hijackthis and ran a scan here is the log I really do hope you can help me out with this problem Thank you so much in advanced for your time Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PifSvc exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X lxduserv exe C WINDOWS system lxducoms exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client ssonsvr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS Mixer exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM cmlink exe C Program Files Lexmark - Series lxdumon exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM cshtdwn exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM cmlink exe C Program Files Lexmark - Series lxduMsdMon exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PifSvc exe C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster registrybooster exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC sump exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS System msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www facebook com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cust search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explore... Read more

A:Web very slow and Open DNS blocking Facebook [moved from Windows 7]

You have a lot of heavy apps running.

What are system specs - CPU, RAM, etc...?

Norton Internet Security is probably using the most system resources.

I also see Cirtix, Yahoo Messenger, Apple; 5 instances of IE open.

Boot into SAFEMODE with Networking. See if Internet faster there. Tap F8 key repeatedly during boot-up.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/web-very-slow-and-open-dns-blocking-facebook-moved-from-windows-7-a-532036.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Gentlemen Pse help as I m cut out from the world None of my routine websites e g gmail for email linked in for jobsearch facebook n youtube to kill time are opening from my lenovo Y laptop I got bit win gb ram slow internet facebook Gmail, not n linkedin, opening youtube, thats all i know celeron processer Yday I got update from windows and after that this issue happened Previously IE couldnt open Today after accepting last good configuration after pressing f ie works But even Gmail, linkedin, youtube, facebook not opening n internet slow with google chrome firefox n ie I cant open facebook and linkedin youtube gmail takes too long to load and at times dont load Other sites work fine sometimes I get yellow sign under wireless Gmail, linkedin, youtube, facebook not opening n internet slow signals and shows not connected to internet n then it comes back up n running Local shop guy told me to reinstall drivers for lan n wlan and it issue is not resolved then format system Could this be an attack Can any one help me to fix it without formatting Please advise on sos basis Thanking you in advance

A:Gmail, linkedin, youtube, facebook not opening n internet slow

Download the attached file and save it on the desktop.
Then right click on it and click on "Run as administrator".

Running this file will reboot your computer. Close all open windows before running this fix.
flush.bat

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/288879-gmail-linkedin-youtube-facebook-not-opening-n-internet-slow.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have worked with you guys before so I had Malware bytes on my system and I ran it yesterday It picked up issues and cleaned them but shut flashing programs system, Slow microsoft just facebook, up pop down ads, my system is still running horribly slow this is the log with the errors Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Database version v Windows XP Service Pack x NTFS Internet Explorer Connie CONNIE- F A CA administrator PM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Full scan C Scan options enabled Memory Startup Registry File System Heuristics Extra Heuristics Shuriken PUP PUM Scan options disabled P P Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Detected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Detected No malicious items Slow system, flashing pop up ads, programs facebook, microsoft just shut down detected Registry Keys Detected HKCR CLSID BD EEB-AA - -A -D C PUP Software Updater - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCR TypeLib A EE - - E A- E-A BF E PUP Software Updater - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCR Interface EDC C - B B- - E- BAD C PUP Software Updater - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Uninstall C FC -DB B- AA -BB - D C A DF PUP Software Updater - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCR Updater AmiUpd PUP Software Updater - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCR Updater AmiUpd PUP Software Updater - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCU SOFTWARE CROSSRIDER Adware GamePlayLab - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Values Detected HKCU Software Crossrider AppVerifier Adware GamePlayLab - gt Data f de bbf f a f b fa e - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Data Items Detected No malicious items detected Folders Detected C Documents and Settings Connie Application Data SwvUpdater PUP Software Updater - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Files Detected C Documents and Settings Connie Application Data SwvUpdater Updater exe PUP Software Updater - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Documents and Settings Connie Application Data SwvUpdater Updater xml PUP Software Updater - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Documents and Settings Connie Application Data SwvUpdater status cfg PUP Software Updater - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C WINDOWS Tasks AmiUpdXp job PUP Software Updater - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully

A:Slow system, flashing pop up ads, programs facebook, microsoft just shut down

Welcome back... :Let's also run these. Please Download TDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan results.   Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.•Close all open programs and internet browsers.•Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.•Click on Delete.•Confirm each time with Ok.•You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.•Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.•You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.>>>>Now I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScanHold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the   button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on [url="http://download.eset.com/special/eos/esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe"]esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe[/url] to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the
 icon on your desktop.Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, click List ThreatsClick Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.Click the Back button.Click the Finish button.NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.   Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492023/slow-system-flashing-pop-up-ads-programs-facebook-microsoft-just-shut-down/
Relevancy 70.09%

My Browsers Firefox and Explorer are running slow They access a funny-looking DOS-like Facebook page and will not access mail facebook Yahoo Browser (IE Firefox) Explorer, Slow, or Cant access yahoo Error window quot website not found quot I thought it might be from the NGINX virus I had this a month ago with similar symptoms I was asked to run DDS and GMER and post the results here The DDS log is below Browser (IE Explorer, Firefox) Slow, Cant access facebook or Yahoo mail and the quot Attach quot file from DDS is attached The GMER program opened to the start page then would only allow me to select quot C quot quot ADS quot quot Services quot quot Registry Browser (IE Explorer, Firefox) Slow, Cant access facebook or Yahoo mail quot and quot files quot as options All others were grayed out and non-selectable I clicked the scan button with the above selected and the window closed and nothing ever happened So no log from GMER DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Oceana at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Norton Enabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Enabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B FW Norton Enabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows Browser (IE Explorer, Firefox) Slow, Cant access facebook or Yahoo mail system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x Flip Video FlipShare FlipShareService exe C Program Files x Flip Video FlipShareServer FlipShareServer exe C Program Files x Gateway Registration GREGsvc exe C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Gateway Gateway Updater UpdaterService exe C Program Files x Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit DataProtect QBIDPService exe C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE C Program Files x Secunia PSI PSIA exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Program Files x Belkin F D V wlansrv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files x Belkin F D V PBN exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files x Gateway Hotkey Utility HotkeyUtility exe C Program Files x Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit Q... Read more

A:Browser (IE Explorer, Firefox) Slow, Cant access facebook or Yahoo mail

I ran ESET and although there were no listed threats detected, the redirect was gone afterwards. Everything else seems fine as well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/463033/browser-ie-explorer-firefox-slow-cant-access-facebook-or-yahoo-mail/
Relevancy 70.09%

When i tried opening Google com it says Oops computer sending automated queries plus networking websites like facebook com is not responding at all whereas other websites that I have been of Automated queries plus slow in Google.com Error Facebook.com responding very shows using is working fine like youtube hotmail yahoo etc etc I am witnessing some kind of malware bot which i tried removing through Spybot Search and Destroy Anti malware and now with Hijackthis I saved a log which i will Facebook.com very slow in responding plus Google.com shows Error of Automated queries share with you guys Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System Facebook.com very slow in responding plus Google.com shows Error of Automated queries smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files IM Magician Vicamon exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exe C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Sony Sony Picture Utility VolumeWatcher SPUVolumeWatcher exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqnrs exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Safari Safari exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Hosts auto search msn com O - Hosts auto search msn es O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO YSPManager - BC - BFA- EA-B - B D D - C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection ysp dll O - BHO no name - C C... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/facebook-com-very-slow-in-responding-plus-google-com-shows-error-of-automated-queries.926466/
Relevancy 69.23%

Anyone experiencing this or have a fix for:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_7/internet-explorer-slow-on-select-major-sites/1d606a00-e97a-457d-89c6-e6533183dcc6

I uninstalled both KB2675157 and KB2699988 and never had the DFX audio enhancer program on my PC and have the same exact behavior on my PC running Windows 7 64bit as the other folks have outlined. Thanks in advance.

A:Internet Explorer slow on select major sites (Google, Facebook, Yahoo,

Does the problem reproduce in the x64 version of Internet Explorer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/236796-internet-explorer-slow-select-major-sites-google-facebook-yahoo.html
Relevancy 64.07%

My computer has been acting very strange lately and it s never done this before since I received it a couple of years ago I had a party for my birthday which is today last night and my friend wanted to check her messages on Facebook on my computer I allowed her to do that and at first she had trouble logging on to Facebook because my Firefox browser was set to ask me every time a site wishes to set a cookie on my computer I clicked quot Allow for session quot on all of the cookies and then I had to set NoScript a Firefox add-on that disables scripts on websites to Temporarily Allow facebook com She checked her messages and then exited out but my computer was never the same after that It has become extremely slow and unresponsive and has frozen at least twice Right before the second time it froze I was trying to scan my computer with Ad-Aware and I saw that while it was scanning it had found infection Also any sound that is played for example the sound that is played when you receive an error message crackles and echoes several times before stopping Any music that I play will skip no matter what player I play it on My cursor also has problems in that when I move it it blinks and sometimes dissapears then reappears where I Facebook slow, on friend to extremely my computer! on Computer logged moved it I decided to get help here since I couldn t get anything that used too much memory to work Is there anything I can do to Computer extremely slow, friend logged on to Facebook on my computer! find whatever infected my computer and fix it I already ran CCleaner and checked my cookies on Firefox to Computer extremely slow, friend logged on to Facebook on my computer! make sure facebook wasn t there and there is no trace of it now Please help if you can Thank you Computer Specs Type HP Pavillion dv Running on MS Windows XP SP AMD Turion Mobile Technology ML- GB RAM ATI MOBILITY RADEON Xpress Series Hijack This Log File Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C Program Files Lexmark - Series lxdxmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Lexmark - Series lxdxMsdMon exe C Documents and Settings HP User My Documents Widgets YahooWidgets exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Documents and Settings HP User My Documents Widgets YahooWidgets exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X lxdxserv exe C WINDOWS system lxdxcoms exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Registry Defragmentation RegManServ exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNetw... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-extremely-slow-friend-logged-on-to-facebook-on-my-computer.745574/
Relevancy 58.05%

I was in class with a friend who doesn't have a facebook account but the app preinstalled, so to show him a picture I tried logging in. FB did the 'which friend is in this picture?" authentication, I failed, whatever. I go home and open up FB and I'm logged out, strange, I try to log in. No dice. I change my password, still no dice. I have tried chrome/IE on my main computer, IE on my parents' laptop, and both m.facebook and the facebook app for my phone. No matter what I get no errors, absolutely nothing. I just hit login and my password goes away, my email stays there. In chrome on my main I tried logging out, clearing cookies/cache etc, manually going through saved password data for the site and still, I get the same error of nothing happening.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/cant-log-in-to-facebook-696843.html
Relevancy 58.05%

This is not a game but I don't know where to put it. On facebook, the column at the right of everything is really a pain. Is there a way to get rid of it, its the one with all the stupid info. Someone said that you click on it, then right click and hold down, move the mouse pointer down till it leaves. It don't work as I have tried it several times. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/facebook.1156487/
Relevancy 58.05%

yes i have a dumb question is there anyway to contact facebook and make sure they get the email because i have tried every email there is for them and they wont answer back and i am wondering if they even got the email
has anyone ever had success on getting facebook to respond to anything or not

A:facebook

Only time Facebook ever answers back if its something to do with id verification.
But in general terms in answering your issues you are having with Facebook, No!
And its best to ask other members in the Facebook Community > https://www.facebook.com/help/community

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/628981/facebook/
Relevancy 58.05%

i set up the desk top screen for my wife, i added her facebook to it. but when she opens it she can not scroll down,
but if we minimize facebook and reopen it, then it will work.
any ideas how to fix this.

Lol,she is too lazy to enter in Mozilla or Chrome and search facebook ) ? You scroll down with the wheel or with your cursor?

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/16592-facebook.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Everytime I sign onto my facebook, first it start loading then redirect me to this link

Welcome to Facebook

can any one help me

A:can't log in to facebook

Clear your browser cache
Clear your cookies
If that does not work try another browser

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/367392-cant-log-facebook.html
Relevancy 58.05%

quicjk question i am having a debate with a friend he says that when prospective employers etc look you up they can HACK your facebook, i said no they can see if you are not on private but they cant actually hack your account, can someone clarify this?

A:Facebook

Yes they can hack. Actually at right there is an option Forgot password? They can do with this. To prevent from this 1.Give a strong password 2.Never tell your email id to other that make them easy to hack 3.Never tell confirmation code that you get from facebook company This will prevent from hacking your prevent.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617641/facebook/
Relevancy 58.05%

I foolishly installed the facebook beta app from the Windows 10 store,now I'm getting popups notifying me of posts in Facebook and I find that really annoying. I've tried blocking notifications in Chrome and Torch browser, manually deleting anything relating to Facebook from inside the Windowsapps folder but I still get those damn notifications! GRRRR!!! Under the apps and features section in the settings menu, the Facebook beta app is still listed but can't be removed, trying to uninstall it gives me an 0x80073cfa error. I even tried removing the app with PowerShell and I got an error. How the bloody hell do I rid myself of this thing?

A:Please help me get rid of the Facebook app!

How to get rid of Face Book
Have tried to uninstall it this way
Left click Start
Then go to All Apps
Scroll down until you see the face Book App
Then Right Click and a menu should show up
At the bottom you should see uninstall
Click that and it should uninstall its self

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/43426-please-help-me-get-rid-facebook-app.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a problem with facebook. Yesterday i wasnt on my computer but my profile posted a comment on every one of my friends walls every minute, saying this

Kristen, whats new? I stumbled upon this place that is hooking up us FB users with ringers for a couple days.

http://FbRingPromo23971.blogspot.com

each comment would start with that friends first name...
how do i fix this?

A:facebook bug

Basically this is a facebook issue which is security related

I would recommend you send this information to Facebook and allow them to investigate it further.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/facebook-bug-228704.html
Relevancy 58.05%

i am receiving this message when i try to login to Facebook
Your Computer Needs to Be Cleaned

It looks like your computer is being affected by malware. We?ll help you fix the problem to keep your account secure and prevent malware from spreading to friends.
Malware is software that tries to steal personal information and causes problems when you use Facebook. Clicking or sharing links that contain spam can give your computer malware.

A:facebook help

You (or someone else) installed a malware program into your computer. You need to remove it so your computer can run normally. Somebody in here will help you solve your problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/facebook-help.1157544/
Relevancy 58.05%

The kids are having trouble with Facebook. They can log on and look around, but nothing else - "errors on page" . I can't even send a help message to Facebook because the link doesn't work. Its a problem with our computer and not Facebook, because they have no problem on other computers. This is obviously a crisis. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Relevancy 58.05%

i don't know if i can ask this here
but i have a problem with facebook
an event told me to open a page and it was out of facebook (doesn't start with facebook.com\***)
mr dumb guy(me ) opened it and now the facebook sends invitations to the event for every friend of mine + when i chat with someone it sends some words(ads for that other site) to my friend
tried malwarebytes thinking it was a virus but nothing was found
i also realized it only works on my account - my sis account (opened on the same pc) didn't send these ads and invitations

plz helllllppp

Try going into your account (top right of page) and click on privacy settings. Then try changing your settings on "apps and websites" and "block lists." Hopefully that'll work for ya.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/157285-facebook.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have been trying to maneuver around face book for a couple of weeks. It is very slow. slow to the point I just back out.

Someone told me I should download Firefox\Mazilla. I now have Internet Explorer as my browser.
Norton Security as my virus protector. How would downloading Firefox affect my computer as it is now. ( works fine except facebook)
If it is a good idea, how to do it? How would it affect IE?

Thanks

Just bumping up.. Can anyone offer help?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/258970/facebook/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi. I've a problem with a pc (xp sp3, ie8). When I open a page in which there a banner of facebook, the browser goes on facebook page that is stopped by a rule on the router; this casues the stop of navigation. The same problem is present with mozilla browser but not with google chrome. I look for a link in the register, in the options, I cleaned also the coockies and temporany files but I don't resolved the problem. Does anyone know any solution? Thank you. Max.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-and-facebook-535961.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Anyone else having trouble with facebook with IE 10? I am only getting half a page when I log on. (see pic)
I have reset everything to no avail. It happens in both desktop and metro view. I have tried compatibility setting also.

Any ideas to try anyone? BTW not happening in windows 7 IE 9.

Edit .... also happening with latest firefox!!!!

A:IE 10 and Facebook

Nobody got any ideas? It seems it is only happening on status shuffle and other apps not on the facebook main screen (news feed)

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/6180-ie-10-facebook.html
Relevancy 58.05%

recently about a week or so i keep getting ads with sound all over facebook how do i get rid of it sometimes facebook tell me that i might had adware but how do i get rid of it it getting annoying sometimes three or more play sound at the same time

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/facebook-ads.1060586/
Relevancy 58.05%

Why is it I cannot log onto my facebook account keeps telling me I am putting the wrong password in also tells me I have malware and to download a programme to fix it I already have norton which has found nothing wrong can someone please help me as I have restored my laptop back to factory settings twice and still can't log on facebook

Hi, You have to raise this question with Facebook and ask them to reset password for you. Please use the following instructions:      https://www.facebook.com/login/identify Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/facebook/td-p/5604332
Relevancy 58.05%

when i share a link on facebook it keeps taking it to my wall. all i want is for it to be seen on the home page, any ideas.
Stewart

This is a Facebook error not IE.

When you post a link into Facebook make sure your using "Update my Status" and that way everybody will see it in their "wall".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/facebook-606871.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I do not understand. Since upgrading to Windows 10 my using the latest version of Google Chrome, Facebook hangs up after about 15 minutes of use and videos are very erratic. This same thing happens if I use Mozilla Fire Fox but if I use Microsoft Edge all seems to be fine. I can use Facebook for over an hour with no issues.

What is the deal? Is Microsoft screwing with browser operations except for theirs? I have looked around here and see nothing that will solve my problem. I do NOT Like Edge and would rather keep using Google Chrome. What am I to do??

Thank you.

Duane

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/61877-facebook.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I am in my school and they block many websites "Including Facebook" how can I go to those block website ?.?.

A:I can't go to facebook.!.!

It is against the rules to assist with bypassing security measure.

I suggest you speak to your IT Dept at the school.

TSF Rules

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-cant-go-to-facebook-616933.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Is it possible to download a video from Facebook to your computer ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-facebook.802556/
Relevancy 58.05%

Can t seem to get rid of this tried every trick i knew but still getting rouge security pop log ups pop from facebook hjt ups Thanks so much Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer pop ups from facebook hjt log v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Users max AppData Roaming Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Users max Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go pop ups from facebook hjt log microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run e - f c- e -a ec-b a b c C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKCU Run googletalk C Users max AppData Roaming Google Google Talk googletalk exe autostart O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRun O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c program files common files microsoft shared windows live wlidnsp dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c program files common files microsoft shared windows live wlidnsp dll O - DPF E E F- F- FB - -AC BF A - http platformdl adobe com NOS getPlusPlus gp cab O - Protocol avgsecuritytoolbar - F DDE B - - A - D -E E B C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - Protocol linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D -FBDDE F D - C Program Files AVG AVG avgpp dll O - Service AVG Security Toolbar Service - Unknown owner - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar ToolbarBroker exe O - Service AVGIDSAgent - AVG Technologies CZ s r o - C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe O - Service AVG WatchDog avgwd - AVG Technologies CZ s r o - C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe O - Service Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service - Lavasoft - C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe O - Service NVIDIA Driver Helper Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C Windows system nvvsvc exe O - Service NVIDIA Stereoscopic D Driver Service Stereo Service - NVIDIA Corporation - C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe -- End of file - bytes nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Is Facebook down?
would appreciate an answer please..thank you

A:Facebook down?

Working fine for me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/facebook-down.1042706/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a Roku Device that lets me go Online from my TV.

It lets me get Netflix and other things like YouTube.

I just Added the FaceBook to it and when I go to Login it tells me to go to my computer and go to a web adress and then put a code in.

So I do it and my TV tells me it Loged me in and I am goog to go.

So from my TV I go to My Photos and even my videos and it tells me
No content is here or there may be a problem with Permissions.

But everything on my FaceBook is set to PUBLIC.

And when ever I upload a photo or make an Albume I set everything to Public.

And even if I look up Friends Photos it tells me the same thing.

Can you help?

A:FaceBook

Looks more like a Roku problem than a Facebook problem. Maybe check your Facebook settings within Roku.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575421/facebook/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey all I know that from a smart cookie like me this shouldn t even be happening but it is I ve been having really I have done to Facebook? What huge hassles with What have I done to Facebook? Facebook lately I can t even get on the thing nowadays without having to answer security questions verify my email address and the like This is driving me up the wall as you ve probably figured out by now I ll begin with the first time this started Me and a friend of mine were setting things up on my server at home and to honor the occasion I let her log into my Facebook account for she created it for me in the first place so you shouldn t be alarmed that she can log in there She was logging in there to try and help me delete my inactive account that was linked to an old Comcast email address I don t have anymore We never managed to delete the account so it s lucky that folks who request me don t land on the inactive one What have I done to Facebook? This is where all of the trouble started When we got through she logged What have I done to Facebook? me out as is the proper way to do it A couple of weeks later last week I think I logged in from my laptop here as is my custom at college to check up on everybody as well as to investigate the problem of why I can t see a particular individual who had definitely confirmed me to this day I still can t see him I got a message telling me about some unusual log in activity but I mentally dismissed it as the result of my friend fooling around with it the week before The funny thing is when I was trying to add one of her friends we are all kind of networked He was in my suggestions list so I figured why not I talk to him on Twitter and he s quite a cool dude Going to add him was the difficult part I was prompted with the message quot Your request cannot be sent You cannot add this person as a friend insert name here unless you know him personally If you do not know him personally your request will be marked as spam If you know him then tell facebook how you know him and we ll send your request quot I instinctively clicked on the botton to provide more info I lied my face off telling supposedly the owners of Facebook that I was introduced to this guy at a function me and my friend were at together I ll be honest with you guys and tell you the truth which is that I only talk to him online and I wish I could meet him someday Then yesterday I tried logging in again to post a link I found particularly interesting up on my profile I was forced to go through the same security question and verification rigmarole I m taken through every time I log into Facebook anymore and then because Firefox is the only browser I can use to independently solve security challenges with the lovely Web Visum Add-on I had to trust it not to balk because Facebook s not optimized for use with Mozilla which it did in the end I d really like to know what s going on here Why can t I see my fellow contact on facebook through any method be it on the site itself Windows Live Facebook connect or AIM and why am I getting security challenges and warnings about unusual log in activity left and right Please don t tell me that this was caused by a very trusted friend of mine just trying to do her part and give me a hand Thanks And by the way She and three others think I may have been hit with a spam thingo or something Thanks for any feedback or suggestions as to how I might be able to get this resolved and be able to have fun in the social networking world again Chromebuster

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/390624/what-have-i-done-to-facebook/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi guys,

When I type the Facebook URL in the address bar of IE 9, it doesn't show anything and just writes Redirecting...
, like below image. What's the problem please?
PS: I have no problem with chrome and Mozilla.

A:Can't go to Facebook By IE 9

Try typing in https://www.facebook.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/311163-cant-go-facebook-ie-9-a.html
Relevancy 58.05%

can anyone help on this? when on my home facebook page. at the top where it has the search and i type in for something a hit enter. my mouse just keeps spinning with a coils on it. when using IE9 can anyone please tell me how to fixes this?

thank you

A:facebook and IE9 help

I have no problem using the search a list of names appear.

And YES, I am using IE 9 RTM on a Windows 7 machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/facebook-and-ie9-help.986710/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello Cannot recall password to my Hotmail account which is the one Facebook has for me Facebook also has only an old cell phone number for me a closed account Hotmail is not In Log Facebook! Cannot to allowing me to recover my password it s all differently formatted since when I opened the email account on Hotmail years ago I ve opened a brand new Yahoo email verified working properly Facebook will not allow me to use this email to recover my Cannot Log In to Facebook! Facebook password mainly because they cannot verify me using that old cell phone account closed no access whatsoever Cannot Log In to Facebook! I ve been around and around in this horrible loop straining for over an hour trying to find some way for Facebook to recognize me so I can begin to reset my Facebook password At last it did indeed find my account Correct photo is displayed with my name etc But I m not getting any farther and this whole process is totally frustrating Main problem seems to be that the old cell closed account is not accessible this is the only phone number they have associated with my Facebook account No idea what to do or try next If Hotmail somehow would allow me to recover my password it seem that Facebook would then let me reset the Facebook password This is all I want Any thoughts suggestions will sure be appreciated--BIG TIME Many thanks ChristopherCG nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-log-in-to-facebook.1164401/
Relevancy 58.05%

When I try to log into facebook this is the error i am getting:

Cannot communicate with www.facebook.com (31.13.69.55)

Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response.
How do i get around this?

A:cant log onto facebook only

Something might work for you in there:

http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/...-not-load.html

http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/...-load-all.html

http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/...-facebook.html

http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/...-not-open.html

http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/...-not-load.html

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/...k-firefox.html

http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/...k-website.html

http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/...t-working.html

http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/...onnection.html

http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/...book-help.html

http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/...-page-but.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-log-onto-facebook-only.1081145/
Relevancy 58.05%

The new Facebook app will not sync with my phone contacts anymore? Is there a way around this to get it work?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436772-new-facebook-app.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Didn't know where else to ask this since it's internet related Facebook Odd Bug? Well a few friends of mine friended someone today on Facebook I saw the post on the newsfeed and clicked the link to the profile Odd Facebook Bug? I'm using the English US Facebook Clicking the link to the profile brought me to the Turkish version of the profile hxxp tr-tr facebook com and it logged me out of Facebook entirely So I logged back into normal Facebook went to the post clicked the profile link again and it brought me to the normal US version of the profile So I went back and got the link to the quot Turkish quot version of the profile and asked a friend to try it Clicking the URL of the Turkish version brought him to the US version of it So then I tried it again and even the Turkish version link brought me to the US version As a note the profile was new and It definitely wasn't caused by malware So was it just a one-time bug What exactly happened Is this something I should be worried about It only happened with this profile

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/odd-facebook-bug-597340.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have tried several times to get on facebook. It will let me log on but nothing comes up. How do I fix it?

You could try reseting internet explorer settings:

To use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature from Control Panel, follow these steps: Exit all programs, including Internet Explorer (if it is running).
Click Start Collapse this imageExpand this image
. Type the following command in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER: inetcpl.cpl
The Internet Options dialog box appears.
Click the Advanced tab.
Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.

Click to select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.
When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
Start Internet Explorer again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/facebook-633090.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I am unable to log into facebook, I was on earlier today but cannot get on tonite. I checked on my other computer and was able to log in. I don't know If I accidently hit something. Any help would be appreciated! I have an asus model D553S if that helps at all.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/61667-facebook-log.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have been unable to log onto Facebook for last 24 hours. Keeps saying "Establishing Secure Connection", the Page unavailable. Can you please help?
Thank you,
Peggy Parker

Please don't post duplicate threads.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/facebook.1150165/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello~
I got a virus thru MSN called facebook.zip ~
call anyone help??
Thanks~

Purple (from HK)

Relevancy 58.05%

So recently I went back to IE9 for certain reasons and for several days I was able to view Facebook just fine and it looked just fine this morning and now it looks like this in the screenshot in no add-ons mode is there a possible fix for it, I hate it when it does this

A:Why does Facebook look like this in IE9

Hi,
I have no idea what FaceBook is supposed to look like ?
But I would rather see someone use another browser than use ie9 on windows 7

Have you tried to press the F12 key and go to Browser mode and switch to something else/ comp-view.. or see what it's using as default ?
You can also try another Document mode and test ?
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/341450-why-does-facebook-look-like-ie9.html
Relevancy 58.05%

i am having the same problem with facebook
non of my apps work at all
i cannot message anyone er edit anything onmy account
it is getting frustrating
every other website i go to works fine, but not facebook
why..
can someone help

A:IE7 Facebook

Please provide the following info:
Version of IE (Internet Explorer)
Operating System
All your security programs (including firewall, anti-virus, anti-spayware, any extra security tools installed/used.)
What you have tried
What the problem is
Give detail explaining your problem
If you get any error message please post them
Post any screen shots if you think they would be helpful - How to post a screenshot

Do you have these problems in any other browsers? Please try one of the below (both are free):

Firefox
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
Opera
http://www.opera.com/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie7-facebook-250137.html
Relevancy 58.05%

i have a new computer, and since having this, Facebook will not load. Some pictures will come up, but most have red crosses in a box, and then it will not actually complete loading. When i click on one of the things in Facebook it says Internet explorer cannot display. When i go back to the iinternet home page it will not allow me to and i have to get out of the internet altogether and continue to refresh the page until homepage comes up. When clicking Facebook it comes up saying that it is encrypted. I have tried both internet company and where i got the computer and no one seems to be able to help.

hope this makes sense!

Do you have these problems in any other browsers? Please try one of the below (both are free):

Firefox
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
Opera
http://www.opera.com/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/facebook-251230.html
Relevancy 58.05%

the other day the power went off and when it came back on my power supply was bad so i replaced it now when i go to facebook all i see is text her is what i done so far

cleared all cookies and history
clear cache
ran ccleaner complete
ran malwaresbyts complete
restarted several times

can some help me please

thanks , i do sometimes get a security thing about stay or leave so i just add that site and stay most or all are fine but facebook
thanks

A:facebook help please

Please describe the brand and wattage of your Power Supply replacement.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/facebook-help-please-695026.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have win7 64Bit and iE 11.

I am on FaceBook and Under Settings and Who Can See My Stuff it says
Public     I know this meens everybody can look me up and read everything and see everything.

Next it has
Friends/Familey.
Next it has
Just Me.

I set my page to Friends/Familey    and had somebody look me up.

And then I set it to Just Me and had somebody look me up.

Both time they could open everything and see everything my TimeLine my Wall my Postss.

They could read what I posted and what somebody posted back to me and they see all my photos.

So what is Just Me and the other option Friends/Family?

Thanks.

A:FaceBook

From what I know about using Facebook, the privacy settings apply to individual posts. You will need to change the settings for each post if you want them to not be seen.If you did not change the privacy settings of your old posts from Public to another, then other people will be able to see your posts just fine.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607032/facebook/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi guys, a friend of mine referred me to this site...I believe I have a virus related to facebook...all of a sudden I am getting several pop-ups and blinking ads on my page and it is not letting me post at all. I ran a scan and an Ad-Aware program and that didnt work...any advice? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/facebook-pop-ups.1012725/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I m having a really bad problem with my windows Acer netbook I m pretty sure I clicked a link and gave myself spyware I really only use my computer to get on Facebook and read articles I must of clicked Facebook Ads... everywhere. an ad or something and now every time I get on facebook every inch is covered with advertisements and its not the normal ads either I have ads on the log in page ads on the side ads after every status update its horrible At first I thought Facebook was being money hungry but then I realized that my mom s computer didn t do that when I went on Facebook Anyway I downloaded SUPERAntiSpyware Professional and it found adware tracing cookies I removed them and my browser When I went on Facebook again the ads were still on there like before I don t know what else to do I tried to rescan and Facebook Ads... everywhere. it told me it found nothing I d really appreciate some help Thanks for your time I ve attached an image of what I am experiencing below

A:Facebook Ads... everywhere.

Hello amd welcome.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes: Flush DNS Report IE Proxy Settings Reset IE Proxy Settings Report FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings List content of Hosts List IP configuration List Winsock Entries List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size. List Minidump FilesClick Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425824/facebook-ads-everywhere/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a school take home laptop but even at home facebook is blocked. is there any way i can unblock it??

A:How do i get on facebook?

howdy, and welcome to TSG.

Nope, there is not a way to do that. You will need to talk to your school's IT department to unblock that. We cannot assist with bypassing those type of restrictions, so I'm going to close this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-get-on-facebook.1065405/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have been experiencing a problem with my Facebook for nearly a month now When I go to login it says quot Done quot in the bottom right Firefox or quot Facebook Done with Errors on Page quot IE I have gone to several tech support Facebook websites followed the suggestions and nothing has worked Here is what I have done so far Tried using a different web address in order to access the site Looked through the dll files to look for known viruses Checked to make sure my computer settings weren t blocking the website Completed a system restore to before I was having the problem Ran the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool Ran a cache cookies scan with CCleaner Ran a full system virus scan with Kaspersky s Online Cleaner Ran a full system spyware scan with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware SUPERAntiSpyware is known to detect many variants of Vundo and has a free version Help I ve been to just about every support website and I can t find the solution I d be willing to do a full system restore but I didn t buy the restore CD s If someone knows how to do a full restore without the CD s let me know nbsp

Is this a desktop or laptop computer? If it's a laptop sometimes there is a hidden recovery partion that allows you to restore the computer to it's original state without using any CD's. Another thing to try is to connect directly to your modem and bypass any router that is in use on your network to see if the router is blocking the site. You'll also want to disable any firewall and/or antivirus software that is installed on your PC to see if it is the culprit.

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/facebook.829642/
Relevancy 58.05%

look like this with a white no photo icon and black words not blue there is no remove friend button or option at all thanks here is a screen shot of one of my friends that I want to remove but can't cause there is no option how would you do it?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/7237527464/in/photostream

A:facebook help thanks

To unfriend someone: 1.Go to that person's profile (timeline) by clicking the name or the photo. 2.Hover over the Friends box at the top of their profile (timeline)3.Click UnfriendThe white and blue icon indicates that there is no profile picture for that person.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454301/facebook-help-thanks/
Relevancy 58.05%

Is it possible to make your surname just an initial (one letter),

for example: "Tony P".

I've seen people do this, but when I try facebooks automated system rejects it

You posted this in a forum that deals with questions and problems related to the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system. You may want to ask a moderator to move your question to our web and e-mail forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/facebook.790425/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I'm new so please accept my appologies for being so inept Here's my problem From the first time I did a search for facebook com all I got was text No flashy logo no quot buttons quot to click on just boxes with red quot x quot s in them I have managed to set up an account by using a friend's computer but I still can't use the site on mine It's a Vista Home I've tried every search engine I can think help with facebook of using and still no improvement It doesn't crash but all the print is lined up on the left hand side of the screen and no graphics other than photos and I can't view all of those If I need a flash it's not showing it and I do have JAVA on game sites but it's not coming up on Facebook I have no problem with gaming sites or MySpace com Can anyone help me before I throw this whole thing out the back door Thanks much Deb J

A:help with facebook

Hello Deb J.

First off, which browser are you using?
If it is IE7 or 8, I would recommend you try viewing the site on either FireFox, or Chrome to see if the error continues. If it does, then it will be much harder to fix, but I suspect that they will show it fine. That would mean IE is the problem.

~Lordbob

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/210710-help-facebook.html