Windows Support Forum

Make your laptop internal & external speakers play together

Q: Make your laptop internal & external speakers play together

I m writing this post because this was asked so many internal speakers together your Make external & laptop play times over but nobody seems to have come up with a good answer People suggested Make your laptop internal & external speakers play together some trials of paid programs but that Make your laptop internal & external speakers play together s not really an everyman solution I don t know on how many machines my workaround will work depends on the audio chip I m going to tell you how to do this in foobar My system is Win I think that this will work only if you see something like this in your Playback devices right-click windows audio icon amp select from menu to launch it So if the headphone output is not quot Ready quot when nothing is plugged into it you will maybe be able to use the HDMI output if you feel adventurous or for that matter any output that you have You possibly have no idea why I m talking about that but this will be clear after reading through the rest of my little manual ------------------- download amp install foobar here http www foobar org download play around with it of you don t know the player download amp install the latest ASIO ALL here http www asio all com leave all install options default download ASIO support for foobar http www foobar org components view foo out asio double-click it fb k will install it automatically go to foobar file- gt preferences- gt output- gt asio Check if asio all is visible at the top list You can use the x driver requires foobar restart Add a new channel mapping Don t change the name you won t need it anyway click quot configure quot ASIO ALL window will pop up Enable advanced settings bottom right now there s the icky tricky part Click the next to all and enable all the outputs that you like sometimes the HDMI output is also there What you really need is sth like quot internal speakers out quot and quot HpOut quot On my computer Dell Inspiron R it looks like this IF YOU CAN T SEE TWO OUTPUT DEVICES HERE YOU WILL PROBABLY NOT BE ABLE TO DO THIS Sorry everything depends on how your soundcard handles it maybe connecting the headphones will make it appear Try around Click quot cancel quot this was for other outputs to appear Click quot Add new quot Rename it to quot int ext quot or whatever Map lt channel name gt to the Left channel and lt channel name gt to Right you can play with that even build a faux surround with a bit of luck Play test signals if you re not sure where each channel should be On my machine it s like that Click OK Apply then restart fb k and go to file- gt preferences- gt output Select the output ASIO int ext Click OK Play your favorite piece of audio If you did everything correctly you should hear all the outputs together Meaning your internal speakers and the jack-connected headphones or speakers The sound will work ONLY fb k you will have to stop the music to use any other program that outputs sound ASIO overrides Windows output Most music files will work The method is transferable to any program that can support ASIO Leave some feedback if it worked for you Or if it didn t anything s good nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Make your laptop internal & external speakers play together

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Make your laptop internal & external speakers play together

Props to OP - I've found a somewhat related hassle-free solution for desktops with Realtek Audio.

In the settings, you can 'disable front jack detection'. Therefore, speakers connected to the rear panel won't stop when you plug something else in the front.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/make-your-laptop-internal-external-speakers-play-together.191124/
Relevancy 90.3%

I just reloaded a laptop with XP SP2. After reload, my laptop internal and external speakers don't produce any sound. I loaded the driver from the laptop manufacturers website. And everything appears to be set correctly and working from a systems view. However - no sound from PC on boot, application, or cd or dvd play.

In Control Panel/Sound and Audio
Hardware tab - Windows says the hardware is working OK
Volume tab - All mute buttons are off/unchecked. Volume is high on all componets - PC Speaker etc.

I've also removed the driver and reloaded it. still nothing.

Is there anything else I should try? I doubt it is the motherboard.....

A:No sound from internal or external speakers after XP reload on laptop

It may not be the correct driver. There are some cases that the OS wopuld not report any abnormalities but the driver may not be the exact driver you need. Identify the sound device you need ( you can use unknown device identifier for that ) and download the apropriate driver.

Also check the microphone socket incase something got stuck in there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-sound-from-internal-or-external-speakers-after-xp-reload-on-laptop-147143.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Help!
My external speakers work but my internal ones stay muted.  I have re-installed all drivers (Realtek) & problem won't go away. Also tried system restore & system scan shows no problem. 

Thanks

Dell  inspiron 7737OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bitProcessor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1Processor Count: 4RAM: 16282 MbGraphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, -2048 MbHard Drives: C: Total - 952889 MB, Free - 497561 MB;Motherboard: Dell Inc.,Antivirus: Norton Security, Updated and Enabled

A:Internal speakers stay mute when external speakers disconnected

Hello. After you re-install the Realtek audio driver, run the audio test in the ePSA diagnostic. If you cannot hear tones during the test, then the speakers have failed or become disconnected. If you do hear the tones then the speakers are okay.
You can test the driver by switching it with the Windows native driver.
1. Open the Device Manager (find it in the Control Panel, or type devmgmt.msc into the search box).2. Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" and right click on "Realtek High Definition Audio".3. Select to "Update Driver Software".4. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".5. Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer".6. Put a check in the box "Show compatible hardware" if not already checked [but SEE NOTE].7. In the list of devices, click "High Definition Audio" (the native driver).8. Click "Next".9. On the Update Driver Warning box, click "Yes" (install the driver). 10. Restart the laptop if prompted. If not prompted, sometimes you have to restart, sometimes not.[To get back to the Realtek driver, do it again but reverse the names in steps 2 and 7.]NOTE: if you have a 2-in-1 model and do not see a "High Definition Audio" option after step 6, then uncheck "Show compatible hardware". Then in step 7, if you see 2 "High Definition Audio" devices, select the 2nd one.If you only have the symptoms with one of the drivers, then the other is at fault. If you have the same symptoms with both audio drivers, then it is very probably not a driver issue.
See the first part of the Headphone Jack FAQ for details about an issue that can cause some of the symptoms you describe.
The best test for determining if an issue is with the hardware or software is to perform a system recovery (revert back to original factory configuration) and test for the issue immediately afterward. If the issue is still there then it is in the hardware. If gone, it was the software (but this test assumes that the issue was not there when the laptop left the factory).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19993511
Relevancy 82.13%

Using a mm stereo mini phone plug to time? the to speakers How same play computer make speakers at radio and RCA jack adapter I have managed to connect my comps sound to the radio How to make radio speakers and computer speakers play at the same time? and it works However due to a fit of stupidity I have overlooked the fact that only either the radio s speakers or the computer s speakers can be connected to the computer s sound output at once I am wondering if its possible to have both my radio s speakers as well as my computer s speakers play at the same time because I would like to achieve a surround sound effect because of the way my room is made My computer has a jack slot behind that looks like quot lt -- gt quot almost like that ordinary output one which looks like quot lt - Can that be used as an output slot as well Cuz when I tried putting the radio into the lt -- gt slot and the comps speakers into the lt - or vice versa only the one put into the lt - will play nbsp

A:How to make radio speakers and computer speakers play at the same time?

Go get a splitter. I have my audio output setup using a splitter and it works fine. You can hook up both devices to the 1 output jack on your pc.

http://www.weisd.com/store2/CABAUD-3000.html
http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05.php?t_id=1193&t_mode=des

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-radio-speakers-and-computer-speakers-play-at-the-same-time.625066/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello,
I recently purchased a Studio 1558 laptop. The specs are below:
Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i7 CPU   Q 720 @ 1.60 GHZRAM: 6 GBSystem type: 64-bit operating systemATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470Sound - ATI High Definition Audio Device, IDT High Definition Audio CODECI have plugged in older Dell speakers that I used with my desktop. The sound works fine until I load a webpage, or load a folder etc and then sound will temporarily switch from my external speakers to my internal laptop speakers. This is quite annoying as it happens frequently and sometimes I blare my externals which can't be good if it keeps switching to my internals.
Can anyone recommend a fix? It would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan

A:External vs Internal Speakers - Keeps switching to internal?

Hey Ryan, i had a similar issue with my laptop and i think it has a very easy solution. (But may vary from laptop to laptop)  When i had this issue, i simple went to agreatpick.com and the technician there were happy to help me with this problem. I hope you find the answer to the problem. Thanks!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19339070
Relevancy 80.84%

i have a pavillion desktop that has internal speakers, i just bought a bose 2 companion sepeakers and want to use it as my default speakers, but there's no sound coming from bose speakers. Bose speakers are plugged in, but sound still coming from the monitor speakers. I have Vista 64 home premium.

A:external speakers not working/pc has internal speakers

Originally Posted by jc828

i have a pavillion desktop that has internal speakers, i just bought a bose 2 companion sepeakers and want to use it as my default speakers, but there's no sound coming from bose speakers. Bose speakers are plugged in, but sound still coming from the monitor speakers. I have Vista 64 home premium.

Hi jc,

Welcome to the Forum.

Never seen one of these before, Try right clicking on the speaker symbol in the notification area, select Playback Devices, You should be able to select the speaker device that you want to use.
Right click enable/disable Hide/unhide
Left Click will allow you to configure the device after selecting Configure
Properties will also give you some options

I hope this helps

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/215931-external-speakers-not-working-pc-has-internal-speakers.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I am working on a sony vaio pcg-3b1m

The power socket has recently been repaired, and the laptop fully and correctly (I have checked), re assembled.

Problem is, there is little or no sound coming from the internal, or when connected, external speakers.
Have tried updating drivers, and all the usual sound checks, but to no avail. Even so far as a full factory restore has been done, but still with no joy.

Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internal-and-external-speakers-vvv-low.981290/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi there

I have an Acer Aspire laptop and bought a little bass speaker that will enhance what I currently have on my laptop.

Only problem however is that when plugging this speaker into the headphone jack my internal speakers don't play anymore.

How can I play through both my internal laptop speaker and through this external speaker at the same time.

Your help would be much appreciated!
Warren

A:Play sound through internal speakers and headphones simultaneously

For most systems dual sound is impossible. Actually I'm not sure if that is possible at all on any card at all...I've browsed around the internetz, and this is what everyone seems to say on this subject.
My advice would be if you are using your laptop for home use only, just go buy external speakers as well, as long as you have 2 sound ports. If not you can get a splitterand plug both the bass and speakers in that.
Sorry I couldn't be of much more help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/play-sound-through-internal-speakers-and-headphones-simultaneously.140707/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,
Is it possible to let sound come out of my laptop internal speakers
when my headphone is plugged in?

gz Jake

A:Switching between internal and external speakers possible?

Originally Posted by djakezz

Hi,
Is it possible to let sound come out of my laptop internal speakers
when my headphone is plugged in?

gz Jake

The long and short of this is no.

I've looked into this thoroughly in the past and it's just not possible

The only thing I have come across (other than having a corrupted audio driver) which might be able to do it is NTONYX - VIrtual Audio Cable 4 but I could never get it to work and I didn't think it was worth the money.

I hope you can have more luck with this than me.

Oli

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/279365-switching-between-internal-external-speakers-possible.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi, I am currently looking for a way to make my built in laptop speakers and my external speakers play at the same time.

Like most laptops if there is something plugged into the line out jack the internal speakers are disabled and the external speakers take priority.

Is there a program that could accomplish this or is what I'm asking terribly difficult to accomplish?

Something that may be significant is that my integrated audio chip set is not manufactured by Realtek (nor is any other part of my computer).

Oli

A:Enable Internal and External speakers at the Same Time

You could try something like Virtual Audio Cable. Theres a trial version available.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/83930-enable-internal-external-speakers-same-time.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello,

I hope someone here can solve this problem because I'm at my wits end.

I installed a Microsoft headset called "LifeChat LX-3000" with a built in microphone. I only want to use it to make online videos for my business. Everything worked fine until I unplugged the headset. I can't get any sound at all from my computer. The internal speakers and external speakers give me no sound. The only way I can hear anything is by wearing the headset. I finally gave up and uninstalled the headset, but I still can't get any sound.

Any suggestions?? Why in the world can't I get my sound back??

A:[SOLVED] No Sound Through Internal or External Speakers

First, I am assuming that you still have your speakers hooked up the female mini pin that is green.

Second, go to
Start > Control Panel > Sound and Audio Device properties

3. Click on audio tab. Default device listed should be your onboard audio or sound card. If is not selected, select it and hit apply. If nothing is in the selection box, you may have to reinstall or re-enable your audio device.

4. Click on volume tab. Make sure mute is not selected.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-no-sound-through-internal-or-external-speakers-237917.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hey people,

So here's my issue, recently took out my laptop HDD and formatted it, NTFS format, and stored stuff on it. Now when I place that in an enclosure and want to use it as an external HDD drive, it doesnt pick up the device.

Through Diskpart I am able to give the drive a letter and access it, but when I "Safely" remove device, the Drive letters remain....

1St problem, Do I need to do anything special to make the Device a Plug and Play ?
2nd Question, am currently consulting google on the matter, HOW do I remove the Drive Letters that I assigned through Diskpart from "My Computer"

A:Make Internal HDD to External

Diskpart isn't the easiest way to do so, and I hope that didn't do anything to the drive. The easiest is to assign the drive a letter in Disk Management. But, to back up a bit, is it recognized in Disk Management, first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/180504-make-internal-hdd-external.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a failing seagate 3TB HDD (am getting cycle redundancy errors) I would like to put in the PC as an internal WITHOUT losing any files. How would I go about that, as when I have done it before it has asked me to format drive.

Ending up fixing it, it got to 73% on chkdsk with a errors and stopped but I then did a /f and it fixed the problem.

A:Make an External HDD to Internal HDD

That drive does not sound good. I would not trust it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/363312-make-external-hdd-internal-hdd.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I have had this desktop for years without any issues. I use external speakers connected to the audio jack in the back. Once you plug in external speakers (or headset), the internal speakers get disabled as expected. Last night my PC automatically installed the Windows Anniversary Update (Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607). After this update, now both my internal speakers and external speakers are working at the same time! I cannot seem to disable the internal speakers without also disabling my external speakers. Lowering the volume affects both sets of speakers as well. I tried disabling audio and re-enabling but that didn?t help. How can I get back to my original audio behavior where connecting the external speakers (or headset) to the back 3.5mm jack would automatically disable the internal speakers? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Internal-Speakers-Continue-to-Work-After-Connecting-External/td-p/5781445
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi All Please can someone help I have a second HDD that - at the moment - is just sitting in my computer not in any cradle or anything - as I have a Dell Dimension and they don t like you adding extra bits to their systems I am thinking of buying one of the HDD cases so that I can Is Internal writer, it DVD possible make External? an to turn it into an External drive My question is I also have an Internal DVD writer which - again being a Dell computer - I cannot install into my computer as the drive is wider than the space to put it in the computer Is it possible to get a case similar to the HDD one to turn it into an External drive I would buy an External writer but I haven t got the funds at the moment If anyone has any ideas or knows of somewhere I can buy one of these please let me know nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

I have been wanting to get an external hard drive to back up data for both my desktop and my wife's laptop, but they're just so doggone expensive. A friend told me that I can buy an internal hard drive with some sort of a case, get a PCI card with an external SATA hookup, and I'm good. I figure this would be cheaper (and a smaller profile to boot). I've already got Acronis True Image so I don't need any backup software. What do I need to look for when I'm shopping for stuff? I'm looking for at least 300 GB

A:Can I make an INTERNAL hard drive EXTERNAL?

Yeah just buy an external HD enclosure and bingo instant portable HD. Most of them use PATA IDE HDs and USB to connect to a PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-make-an-internal-hard-drive-external.39589/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi hope I m posting in the right place I had a set of GE speakers working well with my Sony Vaio for about a year Recently the sound started to go in amp out I had to move the wire around a lot and tape it or hold it in a certain spot to get them to work Then one day they stopped working altogether Assuming it was Internal WORKING. speakers: WORKING. External speakers, NOT headphones: the speakers I went and bought a new set from Best Buy Internal speakers, headphones: WORKING. External speakers: NOT WORKING. Took them home plugged them in and nothing nothing at all So I tried the OLD speakers in another desktop computer and they worked perfectly So I assumed my headphone jack was broken and was going to go about trying to get a new piece and solder it and all that but then I m sitting here and just realized my headphones work perfectly What s wrong How come the headphones work but pairs of external speakers don t Thanks so much Jillian nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internal-speakers-headphones-working-external-speakers-not-working.885858/
Relevancy 72.24%

I currently have a pc that was windows 2000 that is now not working. I recently put a new hard drive into the pc and it currently store all my music (itunes) and document flies. I would like to if it is possible to take the hard drive out and connect it to my other computer externally. The only other issue is the other computer is running on vista. Is it possible to do this?

A:Can I make my internal HD external and I change the type of microsoft it runs with?

Yes, you can take that hard drive out of the 2k machine and read it just fine in Vista. What you can't do is take your OS drive from 2k and boot another machine with it, but I don't think that is what you were asking.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-make-my-internal-hd-external-and-i-change-the-type-of-microsoft-it-runs-with.114513/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi,
I just bought a Dell Inspriron 15 7000 series laptop. I want to use a pair of Altec Lansing desktop speakers with it to listen to music. They are probably about 5 years old and work fine with my ipad and with my older HP laptop that I just replaced. However, when I plug them into the Dell, they make a popping sound and then continue to pop somewhat randomly while I'm playing music. The internal laptop audio works fine on the Dell itself, for videos, PC sounds, etc.
Any idea how to fix this so I can use the speakers? Maybe a different driver? I don't want to screw up the internal sound.
Thanks,
Karen

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19990643
Relevancy 70.52%

Ever since I got my new Dell Vostro 1510 I've noticed that the speakers are well.. lacking to say the least. They're horribly tinny and have no bass whatsoever. My old D600 speakers were much better than these ones.

Is there anyone out there that has upgraded the internal speakers in their laptop before? Do you think this would be a difficult task to accomplish?

I know there are external solutions including headphones and 2.1 systems that would be great but I need something that is just as portable as my laptop by itself with no extra peripherals.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-laptop-internal-speakers.829542/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi first i just want to say im not that great with computers so step by step instructions would be great

ok i have a dell latitude c400 and my internal apeakers are not working although headphones pluged in the jack are and I have no cd drive so i cant reformat computer then try if it works also i have tried DELL.CA for driver updates there were none i have no driver cd or anything please help me

Umm i attached my system resource report from device manager in the word document

and here is a link i uploaded of the sound codecs and stuff from device manager

http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=helpdevicemanageraudiosnw7.png
THANX HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

A:Help internal laptop speakers not working

OOPS I FORGOT TO POST THE LOG

THE LOG ISINT UPLOADING SO ILL JUST POST IT

Resource Summary Report - Page: 1 ******************** SYSTEM SUMMARY ******************** Windows Version: Windows 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) Registered Owner: jay Registered Organization: A-Quality-Computers Computer Name: LILZ Machine Type: AT/AT COMPATIBLE System BIOS Version: DELL - 27d40301 System BIOS Date: 03/01/04 Processor Type: x86 Family 6 Model 11 Stepping 4 Processor Vendor: GenuineIntel Number of Processors: 1 Physical Memory: 639 MB ******************** DISK DRIVE INFO ******************** Drive C: Type: Fixed disk drive Total Space: 20,003,848,192 bytes Free Space: 12,380,905,472 bytes Heads: 255 Cylinders: 2432 Sectors Per Track: 63 Bytes Per Sector: 512 ******************** IRQ SUMMARY ******************** IRQ Usage Summary: (ISA) 0 System timer (ISA) 1 Dell Enhanced QuietKey PS2 with DellTouch (ISA) 2 System board (ISA) 3 SMC IrCC - Fast Infrared Port (ISA) 4 Communications Port (COM1) (PCI) 5 Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection (PCI) 5 Crystal WDM Audio Codec (PCI) 5 PCTEL 2304WT V.9x MDC Modem (ISA) 6 Standard floppy disk controller (ISA) 7 System board (ISA) 8 System CMOS/real time clock (ISA) 9 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System (PCI) 11 Intel(R) 82830M Graphics Controller (PCI) 11 Intel(R) 82801CA/CAM USB Universal Host Controller - 2482 (PCI) 11 3Com 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3C905C-TX Compatible) (PCI) 11 Texas Instruments PCI-1410 CardBus Controller (ISA) 12 Synaptics PS/2 Port Pointing Device (ISA) 13 Numeric data processor (ISA) 14 Primary IDE Channel (ISA) 15 Secondary IDE Channel ******************** DMA USAGE SUMMARY ******************** DMA Usage Summary: 2 Standard floppy disk controller 3 SMC IrCC - Fast Infrared Port 4 Direct memory access controller

Resource Summary Report - Page: 2 ******************** MEMORY SUMMARY ******************** Memory Usage Summary: [00000000 - 0009FBFF] System board [0009FC00 - 0009FFFF] System board [000A0000 - 000BFFFF] PCI bus [000A0000 - 000BFFFF] Intel(R) 82830M Graphics Controller [000C0000 - 000CFFFF] System board [000D0000 - 000DFFFF] PCI bus [000DF000 - 000DFFFF] Texas Instruments PCI-1410 CardBus Controller [000E0000 - 000FFFFF] System board [00100000 - 27EEFFFF] System board [27EF0000 - 27EFFFFF] System board [27F00000 - FED9FFFF] PCI bus [D8000000 - DFFFFFFF] Intel(R) 82830M Graphics Controller [E0000000 - E7FFFFFF] Intel(R) 82830M Graphics Controller [F4F00000 - F4F7FFFF] Intel(R) 82830M Graphics Controller [F4F80000 - F4FFFFFF] Intel(R) 82830M Graphics Controller [F6FFE000 - FAFFDFFF] Texas Instruments PCI-1410 CardBus Controller [FAFFE000 - FAFFEFFF] Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection [FAFFFC00 - FAFFFC7F] 3Com 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3C905C-TX Compatible) [FC000000 - FDFFFFFF] System board [FEBFFC00 - FEBFFFFF] System board [FEDA0000 - FEDFFFFF] System board [FEE00000 - FFB7FFFF] PCI bus [FFC00000 - FFF7FFFF] PCI bus [FFEFD000 - FFEFDFFF] Texas Instruments PCI-1410 CardBus Controller [FFEFE000 - FFEFEFFF] Texas Instruments PCI-1410 CardBus Controller [FFEFFC00 - FFEFFFFF] Intel(R) 82801CAM Ultra ATA Storage Controller-248A [FFF80000 - FFFFFFFF] System board ******************** IO PORT SUMMARY ******************** I/O Ports Usage Summary: [00000000 - 00000CF7] PCI bus [00000000 - 0000000F] Direct memory access controller [00000010 - 0000001F] Direct memory access controller [00000020 - 00000021] System board [00000024 - 00000025] Programmable interrupt controller [00000028 - 00000029] Programmable interrupt controller [0000002C - 0000002D] Programmable interrupt controller [0000002E - 0000002F] System board [00000030 - 00000031] Programmable interrupt controller [00000034 - 00000035] Programmable interrupt controller [00000038 - 00000039] Programmable interrupt controller [0000003C - 0000003D] Programmable interrupt controller [00000040 - 00000043] System timer [00000050 - 00000053] System timer [00000060 ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-internal-laptop-speakers-not-working.671067/
Relevancy 70.52%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Mobile AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3500+, x64 Family 15 Model 76 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1917 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 , 3 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 46879 MB, Free - 13409 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 5462 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0UW744, , .G2KNR2J.CN486437130689.
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Disabled

I can use the headphones but the internal speaker is dead.
Can anyone help me please?

Many thanks, Anthony

A:Solved: laptop internal speakers

have you tried updating the drivers?
Device manager/select speakers/right click/choose update driver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-internal-speakers.989459/
Relevancy 70.52%

I want to just start off by saying that my current speakers work, I'm just wondering if it is at all possible to find somewhere that sells higher quality ones. For example, purchasing harmon kardon speakers that are the same size as my current speakers. I have no cracked open my laptop to see what type they are yet, because I wanted to see if anyone else has tried this.

My laptop is a Samsung X460I. Any help or input on where or who to find internal speakers from would be greatly appreciated. I watch a lot of movies on this, and the audio quality is subpar and "tinny".

Also I understand that external speakers that sort of hang off a usb are available, but I'm looking for something more permanent.

A:Replacing internal laptop speakers?

Hiya pal

I don't think it's worth while trying to change your internal speakers for a couple of reasons.

1. Your going to void your warranty
2. The sound isn't going to improve that much
3. You might do more damage than it's worth

Why not look at a set of bluetooth wireless speakers. Apart from connecting them to your lappy these can double up as a hands free kit for your mobile phone as they have a built in mic & you can also play music from your phone through them. Some of them like this one are rechargeable so they don't even need a permanent power cable. They are quite cheap +- ?25 for the speaker and +- ?5 for a bluetooth adapter.... just a suggestion

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/149800-replacing-internal-laptop-speakers.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi all,

I have a Dell XPS M1330 laptop and have recently upgraded to windows 7 professional (32bit) from windows vista. Everything seems to be running smoothly except I can get no sound from the internal laptop speakers. When I plug in external speakers in via the jacks on the front, sound comes through fine, but as soon as I unplug them there is nothing. Headphones also work like this too. Under sounds in device manager, it simply says 'High Definition Audio Device', and I'm not sure if I should be downloading some other drivers?

Any advice is welcome!
Thanks.

A:External Speakers work, Laptop speakers do not

What do you have set as your default sound device? Mine is set to my external speakers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/46385-external-speakers-work-laptop-speakers-do-not.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi,

I'm using a Packard Bell laptop, Windows Vista and a Realtek sound card.

I've searched a lot to find how to NOT mute my laptop speakers when I insert something in the audio-out-jack.

The next threads say it's not possible by the hardware:
techspot.com/vb/topic140707.html
techspot.com/vb/topic130170.html
They're closed, so I can't comment on them.

BUT when I dual boot to Ubuntu (using the same hardware), I can easily choose to mute the internal speakers, or the jack, or none at all. So why can't it be possible on Vista?

A:Same audio through laptop speakers and external speakers

You answered your own question... It's a software/OS issue. If Vista's Realtek options in the Control Panel don't give you the same options as in Ubuntu, you're out of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/same-audio-through-laptop-speakers-and-external-speakers.164317/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have an Insignia NS-NBBAR USB sound bar and the internal speakers of my Lenovo V570. I am trying to use both sets of speakers at the same time. Is there any way to accomplish this?

A:USB sound bar and internal laptop speakers at the same time

You can only have one default audio playback device, such as your "Speakers" (the PC's sound card and speakers) or some other device such as the USB soundbar, if it sets itself as the default audio playback device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/239174-usb-sound-bar-internal-laptop-speakers-same-time.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

I have a dell studio 1555 laptop, when I have someting plugged into the jack such as headphones, the audio comes out of the jack, and not from the laptop's own internal speakers.

But when I am testing the devices in the sound settings, it lets me test for both the internal laptop speakers, and the heaphones so I know when I plug the headphones in, the hardware doesn't cut off the speakers physically.

Does anyone know how I can use both my jack and internal laptop speakers simultaneously.

In case you are wondering, I want to use the aux in the mini hi-fi in my bedroom so the sound comes out of the hifi speakers, but I want sound out of the internal laptop speakers simultaneously.

I would aprpeciate any help!!

Any please don't post links to hardware or extra compoenents as I am not that desperate, but there must be a way.

I am running windows 7, currently using

A:Use internal laptop speakers and jack simultaneously

Probably not possible without actually rewiring your headphone jack, as it has a contact tab that disconnects the speakers when headphones or external speakers are plugged in, the reason being that output voltage for headphones is a fraction of that used for the internal speakers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/64910-use-internal-laptop-speakers-jack-simultaneously.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Ive had my HP folio Ultra book for a while now I m running on Windows Home premium But a few days ago I found out the sund was not working And for some reason the sound is working perfectly on my beats headphones I have Sound devices IDT High Def CODEC speakers and Headphones and Communications headphones IDT high def CODEC For Example When you press the sound icon and you test the sound the green sound bar comes up but nothing comes out of the speakers Ive done the following Trouble shooted it found nothing the sound is defiately on speakers working?! on internal from headphones sound laptop No and ive tried updating the drive but its the latest I really do not know why it is playing up Alright whats weird is it says it is working properly in the advanced settings Also No sound from internal speakers on laptop headphones working?! when i play a song on itunes the green bar will go up and down like usual but the sound does not come out of the damn speakers To make it more weird when I enable the Communications headphones and test them the sound comes out of the speakers and cuts out since it is a test i ve phoned a friend of mine and No sound from internal speakers on laptop headphones working?! he said that maybe the sound is stuck or locked on the headphones He also thought that maybe the computer is computer is mixed up or confused with which audio device is what I have some pics in the microsoft word attachment All help ppreciated nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,
I've got no sound through my internal laptop speakers what so ever but
when I plug in headphones or my surround system, there is sound.
There also is a red light burning in the audio input where my headphone goes in.
I think my laptop thinks the headphones are still plugged in?

Anyone any idea how I can fix this?

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/278565-no-sound-through-laptop-internal-speakers-but-headphones-do-work-please-help.html
Relevancy 68.8%

hi.

bought a couple of groovy icybox external caddies for two sata hard drives a while back. the caddies can connect by usb or sata. as i'm running out of usb ports now i'd like to use the sata connectors.
when connecting by sata, can i make the drives plug n play?
thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-make-external-sata-drives-plug-n-play.588783/
Relevancy 68.37%

every thing is on max not shure why it works only sometime head phones work all the time but speakers come and go sometime when i bang the back the volume comes for a second and diissapears i need help

fully updated driver

A:Help please my Dell laptop(internal speakers) dont work all the time only sometimes

The jack where you plug in your headphones probably turns the speakers
off when the headphones are plugged in.
Over time,this causes wear to the jack and it does not make contact
properly,so the audio is not being passed to th speakers.
You can have the jack replaced(expensive?), or use a set of USB powered
external speakers.
BTW,not a good idea to bang on a laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-my-dell-laptop-internal-speakers-dont-work-all-the-time-only-sometimes.649129/
Relevancy 68.37%

I was playing really bassy hardcore and it popped both speakers on all low frequencies. I've tested them and both have gone. The laptop is out of warranty but still only 2 years old. Everything else is working well. Asked at the shop I bought it from and was told it's cheaper to replace than repair, which could be the case (it's not an expensive model) or they may want the sale and commission. It crossed my mind though if I plugged in external speakers would they work and solve this problem? Buying them would be cheaper than replacing an otherwise ok laptop.

Relevancy 67.51%

I have the ordinary internal speakers (2) playing music on my laptop and they work fine, but I have a pair of (not old) wireless speakers and I though is there a way were possibly a setting could allow me to play music through all of them, it would be great to have my laptop and some speakers in another room playing music.

I've looked deep, but I thought maybe some experts know the trick.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/223360-using-external-speakers-laptop-speakers.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi all

I've purchased a Toshiba Qosmio X505 860 not too long ago...pretty nice lappie but I must complain that the sounds coming out of the Harman Kardon speakers are not as loud as I want them to be and Im sure the speakers can handle more than the driver is allowing it to do...It seems to be a common problem cus I've read posts about it on the toshiba forums but no one seems to be able to find a fix for this...So any suggestions would be nice.

Cheers

A:Is it possible to make laptop speakers louder?

I would replace the speakers with one that has its own amplifier ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/78675-possible-make-laptop-speakers-louder.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey everyone is there anyway to boost the sound a a laptop? My cousin just got one and he barely can hear his DVDs? is there an amplifier or sumthing in a program i can download? Thanks 4 looking.

A:Any way to make laptop speakers louder?

Anyway to make LAPTOP speakers louder?

That's pretty common for laptops. But as long as you checked all the "volume" locations, that's about it as far as I know.

From the speaker icon in the system tray. To control panel audio section, make sure the pan is in the middle, that the speakers are set to stereo speakers, and the main volume slider is all the way. All this can be done from in there. But there is more then one location for volume. Also use the laptop's function keys to up the volume, as this can sometimes be sepparate from Windows control. And lastly the volume of the DVD playing software itself, may also be sepparate.

But as far as I know, there is no such thing as a software amp.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-way-to-make-laptop-speakers-louder.48030/
Relevancy 66.65%

I've got a Toshiba Satellite T130-13L running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit, 4gb Ram, Genuine Intel(R) CPU U4100 @ 1.30GHz 1.30GHz

Graphics: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile

The problem I have is that videos I have downloaded from online and saved to either my C or D drive will not play smoothly on any media player I try (using latest versions of VLC and Windows Media Player, with most up to date codecs available), it will play for a few seconds, then stop, then play again. Almost as if I was buffering an online video. Yet, when I copy the exact same file onto my Corsair 16gb USB stick, or my Weternal Digital Elements 1TB external hard drive, the video plays fine.

Really stuck here, I have tried looking everywhere for help. Does anyone have any ideas as to what to do?

Thanks

Relevancy 65.79%

I've been wondering is the anyway I can get a internal or external GPU for my laptop.
Specs
i3-380M
Interl HD Graphics
3GB DDR3 Memory
500 GB HDD
The laptop is the packard bell easynote TK87

A:Solved: Internal or External GPU for laptop.

I don't think that's possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internal-or-external-gpu-for-laptop.1116823/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi guys..I have a small problem and unfortunately the microsoft couldn't provide me a solution for this...
Since i upgraded to win 10 i could not play music from my phone through laptop speakers via bluetooth. I could send and receive files to and fro via bluetooth and the phone also gets connected/paired without any issues, but the music playing option is not happening.  My previous OS win 7 had no problems in playing the music.I have a dell inspiron 15R laptop and asus zenfone 4 mobile.My phone specs shows it supports A2DP ( and it used to play in win 7).
Pls someone could provide me a solution or a fix for this..??

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599529/cannot-play-music-through-laptop-speakers-via-bluetooth/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a Latitude E6440 and LogiTech external speakers. They work great with the laptop undocked but don't work (no sound) when I dock it. (It's a Dell docking station.)  Instead the laptop internal speakers start working.  Any ideas?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19983971
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to play sounds using both the built in speaker and the headphones at the same time?

I am using an Acer aspire 4736Z with windows vista home basic.

A:How to play on laptop speakers and headphones at the same time

its impossible technically.

but some soundcard has the stupid ability to do it. for acer aspire series. i think mostly they use realtek HD audio as their onboard chip. dont think it could happen. u can try doing though

it happens to a hp laptop, when something wrong, i cant mute the internal speakers when using hdphone

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-play-on-laptop-speakers-and-headphones-at-the-same-time.130170/
Relevancy 64.93%

I want to clone the internal gig drive on my HP Pavilion notebook to an external USB Iomega gig Hard Drive I have read that I can use Norton Ghost to do Laptop Internal External with Ghost HD Clone to this but can I clone the eentire drive OS and all onto a partition on the external using Ghost Since the new drive is much larger I d like to clone the existing system Clone Laptop Internal to External HD with Ghost in toto to a partition which will go untouched then add data backups downloads etc to other partitions on the Iomega HDD GB When I look at Norton s online documentation it doesn t indicate whether Clone Laptop Internal to External HD with Ghost this can be done I ve also read that Ghost can be a bit daunting for the everyday user I m not a computer idiot but also not a superwhiz Are there other more user-friendly programs that can do this I have looked at Nova Backup site but understand that I need to use a program outside of Windows if I want a truly complete clone Thanks for any help you can give me nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hey guys so i'm running B on my laptop and I connected my external display to it as well as my external keyboard and mouse at my desk so I could sit there and do the setup etc without moving all of that out of the way my internal to display I no connected now laptop external an I had the laptop lid shut and off to the side while I was doing this Then I shut the laptop down unplugged all the external peripherals and turned it on again It went through the windows boot sequence with I connected an external display to my laptop now no internal the spinning circles then black screen After minutes of frustration I realised that the laptop would show a login prompt only when I plug in the external monitor BEFORE i start it and only if the laptop is I connected an external display to my laptop now no internal closed while it is booting when the lid is closed during boot the Dell logo and spinning circles come up on the external display I further figured out that in Control Panel it only displays the external display its like the computer doesn't even recognise the internal display anymore I dont know why that would be since when I first booted it up and installed drivers I was using the internal display and everything was working fine Any help appreciated as well as pointers on not running into this again

A:I connected an external display to my laptop now no internal

Control Panel screenshot (normally this would have display '1' and '2')

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/5819-i-connected-external-display-my-laptop-now-no-internal.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi all hope everyone is doing good Basically I have a custom built pc back in the UK which I will be taking apart as Im selling up Using Solved: an external laptop.? for HDD internal as HDD 300GB my everything I have back in the UK Solved: Using internal 300GB HDD as an external HDD for my laptop.? Moved to Finland last year from UK I want to Solved: Using internal 300GB HDD as an external HDD for my laptop.? keep my internal GB HDD from my custom built PC and know I can do this and also know what case I m going for too although it will be powered independently with its own psu rather than USB powered Now my question is to you kind people is what exactly do I have to do before I can dismantle my custom built PC and start using the GB HDD as an external HDD with my laptop Im sure its not as simple as it sounds Just unplug and fit to external case housing which comes with leads etc and then use with laptop Do I need to install anything on this drive so that everything stored on it can be accessible Also not sure whats installed on there all together right now although theres loads of photos and files I need for work etc My concerns are that some if not all of the files used from the OS from my custom built pc are in there which I do not need I will of course power up the pc to double check all files etc prior to dismantling I just need some advice on what is the right way in going about this The last thing I want to do is remove the GB HDD then then bring it to Finland and not being able to access anything due to some problems which could of been prevented back in the UK Any help advice or tips would be greatly appreciated Micky nbsp

A:Solved: Using internal 300GB HDD as an external HDD for my laptop.?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-using-internal-300gb-hdd-as-an-external-hdd-for-my-laptop.681168/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey people,

So I've got myself two external speakers for my laptop.

The first speaker is a soundbar that just connects with a simple usb plug & the other is a normal usb speakers that connects with a usb & a 3.5mm jack, & my question is how could I get them to work all together at the same time if it's possible?!!

A:Two external speakers, one laptop

Did you try plugging each into 2 USB ports? If that doesnt work try plugging 1 in through USB and the other in the 3.5MM jack.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-external-speakers-one-laptop.191071/
Relevancy 64.5%

Once I plug my headphones in or my hearing aids bluetooth device in, it all goes south. The internal speakers continue to work as does the bluetooth, but nothing is coming out of the headphones. Since I was once in IT, this problem is unique to the jack itself. Either the jack lifted up or was pushed back and never properly tested. The hook, I just received this computer 3 weeks ago to replace a faulty HDMI out port. I was told that there would be an open ticket so if I had any problems with this computer it would be attended to. Unfortunately, that is not the case. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19679908
Relevancy 64.07%

I have an Asus laptop and  Asus external monitor, connection through HDMI,  Windows 8. 
During installation of v/drivers, Windows recognize the second monitor. However later, it keeps randomly switching between first and second monitor, with different intervals (from 20 sec to 20 min). I don't have this problem when i use Linux, so it doesn't seem as a problem with a cable. Thank you!   

A:Laptop is randomly switching between Internal and external monitor

Uninstall all video drivers over Device manager and select delete software before clicking OK, after please restart PC. After booting let drivers install itself then restart after finished, if it fails to install over Windows Update itself then download latest driver from Asus site and manually install. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558767/laptop-is-randomly-switching-between-internal-and-external-monitor/
Relevancy 64.07%

So here s my problem I have an M emachines notebook laptop and it s about six years old It works great but it s definitely time to do a reset with the restore CD s provided and start fresh So I backed up all my important stuff and prepared for the big wipe My problem is that the laptop s original CD DVD drive Slimtype COMBO LSC- K stopped functioning properly about two years ago I didn t really use it much so I didn t care So it didn t surprise me when I put my restore CD in and it didn t work So I went to Future Shop and bought a Samsung Slim External Drive DVD external explaining Problem on laptop with internal DVD Writer to compensate It installed perfectly and it reads discs so I thought my problems were over I went into device manager and disabled the old Slimtype COMBO drive and even uninstalled it I rebooted and the restore process began with the warnings this will delete everything are you sure Press Y or N when I hit YES it says CDR Not ready reading drive R and was forced to abort I tried to google quot CDR Not ready reading drive R quot and didn t find a resolution for MY problem I dug deeper and realized that the computer was still looking for the old drive for some reason because it was quot finding new hardware quot and bringing it back to life I went into the BIOS and checked the boot sequence and it is indeed looking Problem explaining internal DVD Drive on laptop with external to boot from CD DVD first - which is GOOD However it lists the Secondary Master as the old Slimtype COMBO I am looking for advice on what to do here to proceed with what should be a simple matter I can t just physically Problem explaining internal DVD Drive on laptop with external remove the old DVD from the laptop like I would with a PC so how do I tell the computer to ignore it and how can I change my BIOS to accept the NEW CD DVD drive as the secondary master nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

My sister's hard drive was going out, so i decided to buy her a new one. I also got an external enclosure to put the old one it. I installed the new one, and got windows to starting up, then I left. Well, she is now saying the 2.5" external enclosure will not fit her hard drive.

The hard drive in the enclosure is a hitachi 60gig, not sure of the model number. The hard drive in the computer is a 250gig that i bought from circuit city, where the enclosure is from also.

Are there special connections for this? It doesn't make sense that it would take a normal drive to replace the old one, but not be able to use a normal enclosure.

A:Toshiba Laptop internal hard drive being used as an external

Did you buy the correct enclosure to fit the drive?
Pata or Sata?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-internal-hard-drive-being-used-as-an-external.674412/
Relevancy 64.07%

My new Novatech laptop with realtek hd audio 7.1 continues to play audio through laptop speakers when my headset is pluged in and its in the correct jack. i have realtek r1.23 drivers i think provided by novatech i have tried newer drivers but they just stop any audio from being produced through laptop speakers or headset help!!!!!! no need fixed it was driver problem motherboard was a p53in got drivers from the OEM website http://www.uniwill.com/UserDownload/P53In/P53In.php

A:Solved: Laptop speakers play when headset plugged into jack

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the top of the page in the upper right corner.©

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-speakers-play-when-headset-plugged-into-jack.615907/
Relevancy 64.07%

A friend of mine just got a new toshiba laptop. She wants to use it at home as her only computer and also take it with her on trips etc. She tried to just use a set of bose speakers she also got and they won't work. I'm sure it must need to be changed in the BIOS for using external speakers, but could she use both the internal laptop speakers and the new external ones without changing the BIOS each time? If so, how?

I hope all of you had a nice Christmas.

Relevancy 64.07%

Windows 8.1
Genuius SW-G2.1 1250 external speakers
ASUS K56CB laptop

When tested on other devices, the sound system blows the roof off. On my laptop, it doesn't (max level on computer controls, media player and speakers knob is lower). I'm pretty sure it's not the soundboard, but I've desperately fiddled with drivers with no avail.
Sound actually starts being heard only after the knob goes past the quarter mark, and does not increase in level too much between 3rd quarter and max setting. Works fine when on my tablet, for example, though.

Edit: Also, volume is lower on right speaker

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/60535-low-volume-external-speakers-laptop.html
Relevancy 64.07%

When I hook my laptop up to an external monitor and speakers the speakers don't work. I checked the speakers on another laptop and the speakers do work. The laptop speakers only work when not hooked up to monitor with an HDMI cable. I have a Dell laptop that i hooked up with the same monitor, HDMI cable, and speakers and they all work fine. Please help. thanks

A:External speakers don't work with laptop

Hi, How do you connect them now (monitor and laptop) ? Please note: DVI and VGA cables don't carry sound. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/External-speakers-don-t-work-with-laptop/td-p/5769007
Relevancy 64.07%

What is the best method of connecting external speakers to a laptop. Thanks

A:Solved: Laptop External Speakers

Depends on the speakers... Usually the 1/8" audio jack. After that, depends on the laptop model too. I can't know what kind of connectors it has...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-external-speakers.848520/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi

I just got a Samsung R522 laptop and the speakers are terrible so I've been trying to connect my Altec Lansing speakers (MX5021). I've plugged in the green sound cable into the headphone socket and the speakers are working.

Problem is that the sound isn't how it normally is from my desktop. It sound's fine if for example a song just has piano or guitar alone at the beginning but once the other instruments are on top of each other the quality is terrible and the volume seems to fluctuate.

I'm not sure if I've explained this very well but I am hoping that I can install something or configure settings to make the quality better and use the full potential of the speakers.

Thanks for any help!
Lauren

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/configuring-external-speakers-with-laptop.848539/
Relevancy 63.64%

BIG question i have a laptop no desktop i really want to play online games in a smooth gameplay u know without any lags not slow when using it or playing online games cuz im an online gamer how can I make my laptop that i mean how can I make my laptopwork like any other desktop here are my specs ------------------ System Information ------------------ Operating System Windows Vista Home Basic Build Service Pack vistasp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Acer System Model Aspire BIOS Ver PARTTBL Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Generic PnP Monitor Driver Name igdumd dll Driver Version English DDI Version Ex Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

For christmas i got a laptop and i have been having some problems with gaming. I know it is problably not ment to play these games but i was wondering if anyone could help me make it run faster (without lag)? It is a Compaq Presario CQ56-134CA.
It has,
3Gb of Memory
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M (i think this is the problem)
1309MB video memory
320GB Hard Drive

Thanks for your help.

A:How to make my laptop run faster to play 3D games like CS:S

you're probably going to have to turn the settings to as low as possible, and see what framerate you get. You can download FRAPS which can tell you the FPS. Then you can scale the settings until you get a frame rate that you're happy with.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-make-my-laptop-run-faster-to-play-3d-games-like-cs-s.158952/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have two monitors (one VGA and one HDMI ) to the CPU (new XPS 8700), but sound only comes out of the monitor speaker with the HDMI connection.  The other speaker does work and has been tested with a 3.5MM speaker cable.
The video card is NVIDA GTX 745.  In the audio set-up control panel from the NVIDIA, I disabled audio from the HDMI thinking that I could then run 3.5MM cable on a Y splitter to the audio out port and by-pass the HDMI cable.  I tried every port and either experienced no sound or sound in one or the other speaker.
I realize these speakers are not the best and I am fine with them.  I like the clean clutter desktop look.  
Can anyone help me to get both of these monitor speakers working?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19665201
Relevancy 63.64%

A friend gave me a broken laptop Really broken - dvd drive ripped out squawking hard disk and worst of all - shattered lcd I found an old CD-ROM drive bought a new quot hard disk added some more RAM and connected the VGA port to an external monitor and presto - new lapt er desktop computer It s a Compaq X EA too only a couple years old The laptop lcd is shattered and replacing it would cost too much The video card is obviously fine since it s been used via Connecting card? external an internal monitor laptop video to an external monitor for the past months It looks as if the connectors to the lcd screen aren t broken I ve disconnected the power connector but when on the still-in-place lcd shards light up in a lovely jagged acid rainbow so at least that one works Here s my question - is there a way to connect a nd external monitor to this laptop via an adapter or combination of adapters to the internal video card in effect replacing the broken lcd screen This would give me the sweet multi-monitor setup I crave Thanks in advance Jacob nbsp

A:Connecting an external monitor to internal laptop video card?

You could buy an adapter that will split off to the external monitor and make two lines therefor two monitors

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-an-external-monitor-to-internal-laptop-video-card.513676/
Relevancy 63.21%

Alright, I've been trying to find anyone with a similar problem, tried some different things but none worked.
I have a jack on the side of the laptop as usual, where I plug my headphones which do work perfectly. The laptop's internal speakers also work. The problem comes when I try to plug in external speakers. So far I've tried 3 sets, 2 of them with a jack plug and one with a normal USB plug. The issue is with all 3 that only one half works properly, the other is very quiet and distorted. I've also tried streaming sound onto my phone and plugging the speakers into the phone itself, but same deal as before.

Is it a hardware issue? If yes, why do headphones and the internal speakers work?

If anyone has any ideas I'd be thankful.

I'm running windows 10 home 64bit on a Lenovo y500

A:Can't get external speakers to work properly on laptop

It is common to find that different jack plugs have slightly different sizes and tolerances, and some connect better than others, and also that the sockets on laptops are subject to wear, and will lose some connectivity with one or both channels. If you can find an adapter - with a short length of cable for strain relief, and preferably an angled male plug connector - that fits well to both to the laptop and headphones, but also to external speakers, that may be a solution.

Some audio control panels allow for output to other sockets, if the audio chip is capable - for instance not only the headphone jack but also the microphone jack, which may be less worn, and may be a better connection for your speaker jacks - at the loss of an external microphone connection. This may not be an option on some laptops.

Otherwise, the socket on the laptop may need to be replaced or adjusted so that the contacts connect all of your plugs equally well - a delicate job best performed by a qualified repair technician. Laptop motherboards are quite flimsy, and movement of the jack through strain on the headphone cable etc., can cause board cracking and solder joint or copper trace failures.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/43533-cant-get-external-speakers-work-properly-laptop.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a Toshiba (Win/7) laptop, model L505 that has very poor sound quality. I have checked the sound card driver updates and they are up-to-date. I want to get a pair of small speakers that are externally powered, rather than ones that are powered by the laptop's battery. I have searched the net and also the TSG site but haven't found a suggestion that answers my search.
If you have a suggestion for speakers, reasonably priced, externally powered, I would be happy and my wife, more so, since
it's her laptop that has the tinny sound.
I also have a Toshiba laptop (Satellite Pro about 4 years old, L300) and I have great sound. Go figure.

Relevancy 62.35%

Hello,

I have Dell Inspiron N4050 Laptop with Integrated Webcam and running Windows 7 Ultimate edition - 64 bit..
I normally call using Gmail's Call phone service. I want to setup so that I can use Internal microphone in laptop to transmit my voice and hear the incoming call voice using external speakers.

**** I normally keep external speakers connected to laptop for listening to music, but whenever I have to make a call, I have to remove the speaker cables and connect headphone cables in audio jack. So, I am looking up for solution to do make audio/video calls using external speakers and without needing to connect headphones to transmit my voice to caller.

Could you help me with the setup please?
Thanks a lot!

A:Use external speakers in place of headphone and Laptop's microphone

Short answer, no. Because of the feedback problems, most users use a separate combination headset/mic to minimize feedback problems. Otherwise you will have to manually change things each time you speak or listen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/218050-use-external-speakers-place-headphone-laptops-microphone.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi One moment all was fine - next no sound Can anyone please help My small external speakers connect via a USB port and an audio jack plugged into the speakers headphone socket both needed - I guess the USB connection is just to power them After months of no problems when I connect the jack there is no sound The laptop's internal speakers are pathetic but still work OK when I on my working suddenly Speakers External USB laptop not Asus unplug the speakers again If I try the external speakers on a different Dell laptop they work just fine If I plug headphones into the Asus laptop speakers headphones jack the headphones work OK too So I am now just confused My Asus laptop is suddenly OK External USB Speakers suddenly not working on my Asus laptop with the headphones but not the speakers There were no drivers to install by the way for the speakers to work No problems show in Device Manager and all volume settings are at Max right now The laptop has Realtek HD Audio installed and I run Windows x Microsoft 'Fixit' as recommended elsewhere here found nothing wrong Help appreciated Thanks Martin

A:External USB Speakers suddenly not working on my Asus laptop

Sounds like a USB port power problem in the laptop. The laptop's sound works OK and the speakers work OK on a different PC.

As they are USB powered, have you tried a different USB Port? Is there any other USB devices also connected to the PC?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/334824-external-usb-speakers-suddenly-not-working-my-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Would it be possible to set up my laptop so that I can get kind of surround sound using the built-in speakers along side my 2.1 speakers? I only have 2 jacks, 1 mic/line in and 1 speaker jack.

I did try poking around in a few places but could not find anything.

I'm not necessarily looking for perfect 3D sound, stereo would be great to. I just think doing this may maximize the sound range.

Thanks in advance

A:Laptop Surround Sound with only built-in speakers and 2.1 external

Anyone? D=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-surround-sound-with-only-built-in-speakers-and-2-1-external.898662/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have an HP ProBook s I've been disappointed in the speaker volume Speakers, from NADA Headsets, Laptop Sound External No or since I bought No Sound from Laptop or External Speakers, Headsets, NADA it Even after adjusting all the settings I could find it's like a whisper during movies music Internet Videos Everywhere I checked for the info it said the device was working and the drivers all said they were current and didn't need updating Speccy only gave me this for the Audio Info SoundcardAnvSoft Virtual Sound Device High Definition Audio Device and another High No Sound from Laptop or External Speakers, Headsets, NADA Definition Audio Device I can get more from a manual or HP site if needed So I went to the greatest computer store on the planet Walmart a little humor folks and bought a iHome iHM Rechargeable speaker an Apple Product which said would work on anything I plugged it in watched some drivers being installed and a few minutes later was listening to it An improvement but I won't recommend it Surely there is something better in the to price range Later I turned it off unplugged the USB power cord and the mm jack I needed the USB port did my thing and then replugged in the iHM Nothing no sound anywhere Skype doesn't work none of my Players work WMP Wondershare Media Player VLC or Free All in One No system sounds nada Everything I could think of to check above still said everything was okay The speaker website has no help and only an email support thing to London and they haven't responded When it was plugged in I couldn't find the thing in the device manager even after rescanning for new hardware It must be called something other than the product name there Can someone steer me to the right place to get this thing working Or offer instructions on what to do to fx it If I don't have to I would rather not do a system restore The Troubleshooter in the Control Panel says nothing is broken as well mike

A:No Sound from Laptop or External Speakers, Headsets, NADA

Lets clear the old usb drivers out of the way.

Download this tool to the machine in question unzip it to the desktop.
drivecleanup.zip

Move the 32 or 64 bit version of DriveCleanup.exe to C:\Windows\System32 Folder.
To do this hit the windows key and r at the same time and type the File Location C:\Windows\System32 in the run box.
Drag the 32 or 64 bit version of DriveCleanup.exe from the desktop into the C:\Windows\System32 Folder

Then Close all applications power your machine down and remove all usb devices except keyboard and mouse.
Then turn the machine back on and see below.

Open a command prompt by hitting the windows key and r at the same time and type cmd into the run box and hit enter.
Once the CMD window opens Type  or copy and paste drivecleanup.exe Hit enter.

This will clear all old usb drivers on your machine and hopefully help your issue.

Reboot and test. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499791/no-sound-from-laptop-or-external-speakers-headsets-nada/
Relevancy 62.35%

I use this as my main pc in the house atm and I really need some external speakers but I dont want to break the bank. So if all you experts out there could give me a few suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.
Steve

A:Need some help on choosing some external speakers for my Dell Studio laptop.

Hello Rawkfist,

I use a couple different types for my Laptops.

The least expensive ones are these: HP Multimedia Computer Speakers 630797 001 Slimline PC 883585710003 | eBay These work great and are reasonably priced.

But, if you want louder ones, these are the way to go. logitech x-140 | eBay

Hope this helps,
John

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/302017-need-some-help-choosing-some-external-speakers-my-dell-studio-laptop.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Intresting article i found,

http://www.techradar.com/news/compu...ke-an-external-laptop-graphics-adaptor-915616

You will need a laptop with an express card slot. And pref win 7 or xp.

Thought it may be useful to someone

A:How to make an external laptop graphics adapter

Mhmm... interesting. I'll bookmark it and give it a try on a new laptop later on.

Thanks for sharing. +1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-make-an-external-laptop-graphics-adapter.164644/
Relevancy 61.49%

I posted a thread for quite some time about our laptop having issues with its own screen. Now it's fixed, I was wondering how we could make our external monitor as primary. The screen doesn't work now but the laptop is usable.

We plugged in a VGA adapter to a monitor and it shows up. It starts on the "Welcome" screen. I would want to know how we can see from boot, the logo, "Windows is starting"(i think that was it), etc.
Thanks in advance.

A:How do I make external monitor as primary for laptop?

On some laptops, if you have an external screen plugged in, both the LCD screen and the External screen will show the POST, Starting Windows, and then the login screen. Some laptops do not, as the external could be only ran by the Operating system. I used to have an old Acer Aspire 5536 with Windows 7 Home Premium x64, and I would have an external screen plugged in for gaming. My system always booted from the primary, and never showed on the external until Windows was booted.

You can set it as your primary in Windows, but not as primary in the BIOS, unless there is a setting to change that.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/61037-how-do-i-make-external-monitor-primary-laptop.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I am looking to purchase a USB enclosure to accommodate BOTH of course if available else will buy separate internal blue-ray dvd burner LITE-ON Blu-ray Burner with Blu Ray D Feature Blue-ray both & internal WD enclosure burner - internal black for External Cavier HDD IHBS - - OEM http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E and WD External enclosure - for both internal Blue-ray burner & internal WD Cavier black HDD Cavier black GB HDD suggested by win kpro i e http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Which is the BEST usb enclosure available in the market Vantec NexStar CX SuperSpeed quot SATA to USB External Hard Drive Enclosure - Model NST- S -BK http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E looks ok but only for HDD So PLEASE HELP Thanks a LOT in advance I already read following thread and the answer given by win Kpro s http forums techguy org hardware -external-hdd html An enclosure such as this http www newegg com Product Produc E with this drive http www newegg com Product Produc E and a copy of Acronis True Image backup software should give you a fairly reasonable backup solution If you want a little better drive I would use this one http www newegg com Product Produc E nbsp

A:External enclosure - for both internal Blue-ray burner & internal WD Cavier black HDD

I would consider this enclosure for the burner.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817392021

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-enclosure-for-both-internal-blue-ray-burner-internal-wd-cavier-black-hdd.1032854/
Relevancy 60.2%

Weird problem. Transferring between the two internal hard drives is very slow and some times does the bursts speeds. But if I try transferring from EITHER of the internal drives to an external drive they transfer at their recommended speeds.

Raptor SATA 36Gb - OS
Maxtor SATA 500Gb - Storage
External Maxtor SATA 500Gb - Backup (USB 2.0)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan

A:Internal HDD transfer slow. Internal HDD to External fast.

What are the speeds?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internal-hdd-transfer-slow-internal-hdd-to-external-fast.668574/
Relevancy 60.2%

I recently got a laptop the hp pavilion zv and figured well cool i can just plug this into my external monitor hook my keyboard mouse etc all into it and have a nice computer so i came on here and asked how to do this becuase i was having problems a member suggested i got to the hp website which i did and they said to press the fn key then the f key and it will switch over and i did and it worked after i restarted my laptop it went back to the laptops screen wtf so i attempted to switch it back and all it did was my external monitor would flash a litle then nothing so i got mad and just shut the laptop off and walked away from it later i got back on and tried it again and it worked ummm ok why thats weird so i was like cool and then i restarted it again and it brought it up on the external monitor again awsome so i played some games on it to test it out and restarted it here we go again it went back to the monitor on the laptop and now it wont go back to the external monitor is there any laptop monitor on my having and play) using problems external a (plug way having problems using a external (plug and play) monitor on my laptop to set the external monitor as the primary once and for all or untill at least i decide to take the laptop with me somewere in the settings tab of display i see something under monitor that says set as primary device but it is grayed out and it wont let me click it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-problems-using-a-external-plug-and-play-monitor-on-my-laptop.603912/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have 2 Samsung TV's hooked up to my PC, as well as a set of speakers. I am able to set the individual sound of each (Volume Control Panel), can set certain programs on a certain TVs or the speakers, I can set any of them as the default, but I can't figure out a way to male them all work at once, having all sounds pass through all three. Is this possible?

A:How do I make audio come out TV speakers and PC speakers simultaniously

Not that I'm aware. You can only set a single "default" device in Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-make-audio-come-out-tv-speakers-and-pc-speakers-simultaniously.1143319/
Relevancy 59.34%

i'm about to purchase a new hard drive for my computer and i'm trying to decide if i should get a large internal HD (500gb) or if i should get a smaler capacity harddrive 250gb with an external drive. I use my computer mostly for music/video and was thinking of using the external drive to store those exclusively and use the internal drive for the OS, hence the wanting a smaller capacity drive as i can't find a use for a 500gb HD just for an os/ a few programs. I'm not a big gammer at all, but i do enjoy playing simulation games like The Sims 2and Startopia, which don't take up much space either. Currently i have 2x80GB drives, one with vista and my music and the other with videos. Guidance much appreciated.

Relevancy 58.48%

With Dell Support Assist microphone test -- earphone playback is good, on-board speaker is terribly scratchy. The sound card lists as "ATI high Definition Audio Device" and "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC."
The laptop is Dell Studio 15 (1555) running windows 7 Professional, 236GB used, 214GB free space, Intel P8700 2.53 GHz Processor, 64 bit OS, 4GB memoryThe built-in speakers used to sound good but now they are too scratchy to understand. However the headset and external speakers (both 3.5 mm jack interface) sound good and a HDMI connected projector sounds good.
I will appreciate advice.

A:On-board speakers are scratchy but external speakers & headphones sound good?

Hello. As a test, switch from the IDT audio driver to the Windows native audio driver.
1. Open the Device Manager (find it in the Control Panel, or type devmgmt.msc into the search box).2. Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" and right click on "IDT High Definition Audio Device".3. Select to "Update Driver Software".4. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".5. Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer".6. Put a check in the box "Show compatible hardware" if not already checked.7. In the list of devices, click "High Definition Audio" (the native driver).8. Click "Next".9. On the Update Driver Warning box, click "Yes" (install the driver). 10. Restart the laptop if prompted. If not prompted, then no need to restart.[To get back to the IDT driver, do it again but reverse the names in steps 2 and 7.]
If you get the noise while using the native driver then it is not a driver issue, which would mean there is a strong chance of speaker failure, particularly since the noise is not in headphones. If you would like to replace the speakers I can point you to the service manual.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19682831
Relevancy 57.62%

I have an internal hard disk not in use ,and I would like to make it as external disk !
I looked on the net and I found I should have the " encelsure " butt I think I wont find it here in my city .
So is there another way ? like usb -esata cable ?

A:how to make your internal hard drive into and external hard drive ?

Firstly, where are you based (Which country)? I would get the part of the internet, I trust we are talking about a 3.5" drive? Do you have an esata port on your pc? I would get something similar to this, I think: Play.com - Buy CiT 35M17SEF 3.5 inch SATA / USB / Firewire / eSATA External Hard Drive Enclosure online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/221889-how-make-your-internal-hard-drive-into-external-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi everyone My setup Dell running Windows XP SP with internal DSL modem isp is xmission Linksys WRT router I get my internet through the internal modem and I m able to access the internet on the computer that the modem is installed in and then I have a network cable going from the box with my modem in it to a wireless router and I have a good internet connection on all of my local boxes Now I have an external IP External Router, w/ local network? DSL to Modem get Internal IP External into how + address on that computer so I m able to ssh ping it etc I Internal DSL Modem w/ External IP + External Router, how to get into local network? have tried numerous tutorials and guides on how to go through this computer and get into my local network to access machines in my home remotely from work the road etc But I think the internal modem gives me some problems for some weird reason I don t quite understand how to get through the router I think what s happening is I have my internet gateway computer in front of the router and then all the local boxes behind the router and I can t get past the router Could anyone enlighten me as to how I would SSH into or even PING machines in my local network from a remote location Many thanks and Merry Christmas nbsp

A:Internal DSL Modem w/ External IP + External Router, how to get into local network?

My interpretation is that you have dial-up internet access and are using ICS? Correct?

If the above is correct does the ICS machine connect to the router's WAN port or a LAN port?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internal-dsl-modem-w-external-ip-external-router-how-to-get-into-local-network.782565/
Relevancy 56.76%

I just changed from Bose Companion speakers to Companion because the died The system used a stereo jack plugged into the headphone jack and worked fine until the Bose power supply failed The uses a USB to connect I have an HDMI cable from my TV set top box to computer Selecting the HDMI input shows only full screen TV display on computer Also there is a coax cable from set external from content from speakers and computer some speakers Some top box to Some content from computer speakers and some from external speakers TV tuner card in computer This allows TV to be displayed via Media Center in an adjustable window and I can open other windows a browser for instance simultaneously I choose which connection to use on my computer Previously with the Companion speakers all sound came from them no matter the source Now with the speakers the Some content from computer speakers and some from external speakers HDMI TV source the sound comes from computer speakers not the Bose speakers But if I play my music files using Media Player or TV using Media Center the sound does come from Bose speakers Also sound from internet YouTube news videos etc comes through Bose speakers Maybe someone has had this problem and knows a solution

A:Some content from computer speakers and some from external speakers

I'm confused on where you plug in your hdmi set top box. Into your DISPLAY directly using and HDMI in port or some other HDMI in on your PC (like a graphics card?)

Also you have external computer speakers? do they plug in to your pc analog style? I know you said the Bose 5's are with usb.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/388367-some-content-computer-speakers-some-external-speakers.html
Relevancy 55.9%

A few days ago i had to reinstall my sound driver after updating windows and sometimes if i take out my speakers out of the speaker jack my speakers on the laptop wont work sometimes without shutting down my music program or it will be vise versa please help me out

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/207261-speakers-randomly-wont-work-sometimes-laptop-but-external-will-sometime-work.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Wonder if anyone can shed some light on this............
Just bought a zoostorm desktop pc but it hasnt come with any speakers, does this mean that it should have internal speakers and if so how would i turn them on as it isnt making any noise at all?

A:Internal speakers

I seriously doubt it`ll have internal speakers, except for the one that beeps when you boot the computer.

You`ll need to purchase some speakers. I recommend Logitech speakers, but it`s completely up to you.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internal-speakers.70767/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello, I turned on my computer after the latest update came through and my computer can't seem to find my internal speakers. It can find my bluetooth connected Beats Pill and headphones but when I go to the audio devices page there is no entry for my interal speakers.  Can someone please help? Thanks

A:Internal Speakers Missing

Hi, Can you post back with the following details. 1.  The full Model No. and Product No. of your notebook - you can usually get this by holding down the fn key and pressing esc, otherwise see Here for a guide on locating this information. 2.  Hold down the Windows key and press R Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. In Device Manager, expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers - what devices are listed here? Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Internal-Speakers-Missing/td-p/5763165
Relevancy 55.47%

I recently set up my new XPS 9000.  I bought a dell monitor with speakers which is connected to the tower via HDMI.  I've tried to turn on the internal speakers, rather than using the monitor, but am not able to.  I've gone to the sound settings and see the 'speakers/headphones' option listed as a playback device but the option to enable is greyed out when I right-click.  I can disable the monitor as a playback device but cannot enable the default speakers.  I'm wondering if this machine just doesn't have internal speakers?  Anyone else have this machine and is able to hear playback through internal speakers?

A:XPS 9000: Internal Speakers or No?

There are no internal speakers on the Studio XPS 9000 tower.  You will have to use the monitor speakers or headphones to get any sound outside of a beep. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19676039
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello there from the Midwest! So I recently had a virus which took out one of the drivers on my computer, thus not allowing me to Start Windows Normally, in Safe Mode with Networking or anything other option. So, I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate. Now, everything is running smooth, except I have not sound coming from my internal speakers. I tried going here, Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers , to which I saw that my HP Compaq DC 7800 needs troubleshooting. I right click to do troubleshooting and it finds that I need PCI Simple Communications Controller as well as the PCI Serial Port. I tried to install the fixes and that was no luck! Now my question is... What in heavens do I do? I really miss listening to my music every morning.

A:Help? No Sound from Internal Speakers!

This is your computer?
You installed the 32bit or 64bit version?

HP Compaq dc7800 Convertible Minitower PC

And you've gone to this page?

HP Compaq dc7800 Convertible Minitower PC*-* Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center

Win 7 Ultimate wasn't listed so I followed the links from Win 7 Professional (32-bit).
The index page is here.
HP Compaq dc7800 Convertible Minitower PC*-* Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center

It looks like the first two upgrades for Win7 are BIOS and Chipset drivers and that sounds to me like a good place to start as both of these will help Windows 7 correctly identify the hardware on your computer.

I would first install the chipset drivers which are basically inf files that correctly describe the hardware configuration. A BIOS upgrade is a little more tricky if you've never done one before, I would visit the Hardware & Devices sction of this forum and post a question (re: BIOS Upgrade) there.

Don't know if there's an easy fix as it looks like a couple of things need to be updated first.
Go for the chipset drivers and see if Win 7 recognizes your hardware.

Also, one other question... did you install Windows 7 over the top of your previous operating system or did you wipe (format) the drive and do a fresh install.

Ap

The first two

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/99354-help-no-sound-internal-speakers.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

I'm on a laptop running Win 7 home premium. Today I found that there is no longer any sound coming from the internal speakers.

I've checked everything I can think of. Please give me tips.

Thanks

A:Internal speakers disappeared

Does yourmodel have an external volume slider on the side of the case somewhere. I had one that did an sometimes it would get moved putting it in the case.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482132/internal-speakers-disappeared/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey there, my hp laptop has all of a sudden lost sound. The problem started with the right internal speaker and it headed over to the left internal speaker and now there is absolutely no sound being emitted. This is the first time this is happening and i've tried all the online solutions to the problem but non has worked plus all my drivers are up to date. When i play any type of media, sound appears to be detected yet i don't hear a thing. Please help me. Hoping to get a reply soon.

A:No sound from internal speakers

lenny_walter wrote:Hey there, my hp laptop has all of a sudden lost sound. The problem started with the right internal speaker and it headed over to the left internal speaker and now there is absolutely no sound being emitted. This is the first time this is happening and i've tried all the online solutions to the problem but non has worked plus all my drivers are up to date. When i play any type of media, sound appears to be detected yet i don't hear a thing. Please help me. Hoping to get a reply soon.Hi, Have you in some point updated the updates from windows? Heres what you can try if sound doesnt really exist. HP Customer Support  Z7_3054ICK0KGTE30AQO5O3KA30U7hp-contact-secondary-navigation-portletActions  ${title}Loading...  HP Customer SupportSupport HomeProductsSoftware and DriversForumsContact SupportSearch Z7_M0I02JG0KONJ30ACBBF8MM1084hp-hero-support-searchActions  ${title}Loading...  One or more of the values entered is not permitted.Search all support All SupportSoftware, Drivers and UpdatesTroubleshootingHow toProduct InformationUser GuidesCancelExample: ?Laserjet P1102w driver? or ?HP Pavilion 17-f002na will not turn on? Z7_3054ICK0KGTE30AQO5O3KA3014hp-share-print-widget-portletActions  ${title}Loading...    Z7_3054ICK0KGTE30AQO5O3KA30N0hp-concentra-wrapper-portletActions  ${title}Loading...  HP Notebook PCs - No Sound or Distorted Sound from Speakers (Windows 10)This document applies to HP and Compaq notebook computers with Windows 10.Follow the steps in this document to resolve audio issues on your laptop if there is no sound coming from the speakers, or if the sound is muffled, intermittent, crackling/popping, or otherwise distorted.Before you begin: Restart the computerIf there is no sound coming from the speakers or headphones on your computer, the issue might be caused by an application controlling that device and preventing other applications from using it. Before attempting the other troubleshooting procedures in this document, restart your computer, and then test the audio to see if the problem is fixed.Step 1: Use the troubleshooting tool in WindowsThe audio troubleshooting tool in Windows can automatically fix common audio recording and audio playback problems with your computer. Run the troubleshooting tool using the following steps:In Windows, type find and fix audio into Search, or right-click the speaker icon in the taskbar and select Troubleshoot sound problems.Select Find and fix audio playback problems or Find and fix audio recording problems from the Search results.Click Next.Select the device you want to troubleshoot and click Next.Wait while the troubleshooter detects problems and makes changes (or prompts you to make changes).Figure : Detecting problemsWhen the troubleshooter is done, the Troubleshooting has completed page is displayed, listing any problems found and what changes were made to the computer. note:For detailed information about the troubleshooting, click View detailed information in the troubleshooter window.Click Close.Figure : Troubleshooting completedIf a recommended action is displayed, select Apply this fix, or Skip this step to continue to search for other problems.If the audio problem has not been resolved, continue to the next step.Step 2: Test external speakers or headphonesIf you are using external speakers, they might be faulty. Try using another set of speakers, or a pair of headphones, with your computer. If the second set of speakers or headphones produces sound without problems, the first set of speakers is faulty.If the same audio problems are present in both pairs of speakers or headphones, continue to the next step.Step 3: Set the default audio deviceAfter using the troubleshooting tool, make sure your desired audio device is set as default:In Windows, type sounds into Search. Select Change system sounds in the Search results.Alternatively,... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-sound-from-internal-speakers/td-p/5636268
Relevancy 55.47%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2300 @ 1.66GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2037 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 95385 MB, Free - 10646 MB;
Motherboard: FUJITSU, TRUFF01
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

When I plug in my headphones, my internal speakers in my laptop do not mute. I can no longer listen in privacy.

Any suggestions?

Tnx,

mercystreams

A:cannot mute internal speakers

That's often caused by a faulty headphone jack on the laptop. When you plug headphones in, a spring-clip inside the jack is moved to one side by the jack-plug. This "breaks" the sound-signal circuit to the speakers. That spring clip is probably distorted or snapped.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-mute-internal-speakers.1075597/
Relevancy 55.47%

I just recently got a Gateway PC and the HP 2090m. The internal speakers do not work even after installing the drivers.  Any other setup required?

A:HP 2009m internal speakers

You need to connect the audio cable: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01725955.pdf (Step 3) You need to make sure the volume on the monitor is turned up - using the buttons on the front panel. You need to make sure the PC audio is working, volume is turned up, and not muted - test with headphones using the exact same port on the PC that you are connecting the monitor to - the lime green port on the back.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-2009m-internal-speakers/td-p/60008
Relevancy 55.47%

I d like to know Modems Speakers on Internal more about the built-on speakers that come with internal modem cards A Kb USR Sportster I have has a quot large quot speaker about -inch diameter and has good tonal qualities even at a low volume setting I can hear distinctly the ringing Speakers on Internal Modems and messages like quot All circuits are busy now please try your call later quot A Kb Zoom I have has a quot small quot speaker about a half-inch diameter that sounds tinny and is barely audible even when the volume control in W is set to high Do all internal USR modems have the large speaker and all internal Zoom modems the small speaker Do all larger speakers sound as good as I described above Do all small speakers as such sound so terrible The speaker issue alone is enough to push me towards another USR Robotics modem if the speakers on Zoom modems are uniformly bad and the speakers on USR modems are unformly good ------------------ R J Emery nbsp

A:Speakers on Internal Modems

The speakers on the modems are not set. One model may have a different one than another. The same model may even have different ones if you buy them a few months apart.

It is a very minor part of the modem and the companies don't really seem to care too much about them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speakers-on-internal-modems.32275/
Relevancy 55.47%

My internal speakers remain on when I am using my external earphones. This makes it impossible for me to use my earphones as the sound coming from my internal speakers annoys those around me.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437685-how-do-i-disable-my-internal-speakers.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I got this proble with my laptop speakers integrated to the computer do not work anymore I checked the Device Manager and all seems to be working properly no yellow question marks or something like that speakers working not Internal Nonetheless I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers but nothing changed On the other hand when I Internal speakers not working plug the headphones in I can hear all sounds from them so I'm worried about an hardware problem Before going through the hardware repair I'd liek to be sure that's the cause Could anywone please suggest further checks I also understood that the headphone jack has a switch that is closed when the headphones are plugged in so that the audio output is sent to the headphones and not to the integrated speakers in case this switch is Internal speakers not working lagged is there a way to prevent the audio outpu rerouting to the headphones Last information this problem appeared after the upgrade to Windows but I'm pretty sure that the audio initially worked fine for at least a couple of days so I would exclude a relation with the operative system update For information the laptop is an ASUS N SF Thanks for the support

A:Internal speakers not working

Additional information: hardware failure of the speakers is excluded, in fact, I tested the speakers by running Puppy Linux and all worked fine.

I would be grateful of additional hints to solve this annoying issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586713/internal-speakers-not-working/
Relevancy 55.47%

Acer Aspire 5100 laptop running Vista Home Premium. No sound from Internal speakers. Works with external headphone jack. Uninstalled and reinstalled latest drivers. No conflicts, no muted volume controls. Volume up full.

Any ideas?

slainte
SC

A:No sound from Internal speakers

Did it just stop working? did it work before?
if so you could always roll back driver if a new one was installed and check your windows update if you have it turned on automaticly then it may have downloaded a bad up date lol you never know
if these answers never helped the only thing i would say to do is check your sound card and see if it is working properly even though the headphones work it still may be a problem

sorry i couldn't be of much help but i hope the little thigns i gave did some good

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/193157-no-sound-internal-speakers.html
Relevancy 54.61%

CTO HP Pavilion dv with Media Center XP For some time I ve had sound from headphone jack but not from internal speakers though when I take out the headphones for half a second the music continues through the speaker HP help told me to reinstall the operating system XP which I was not willing to do as I but speakers internal headphones ok no sound from wasn t sure they knew what they were talking about again--I ve had ill experience here So when I saw some issues here that sounded similar to mine turn off digital output--SPDIF no sound from internal speakers but headphones ok I contacted them again They determined likely from some far away place--the grammar and spelling weren t very good though they were very polite that it is a hardware issue I am loathe to send this thing away into the black hole of HP repair The posts I read here usually had to do with VISTA but I have XP and couldn t figure out how to do the same thing in XP SPDIF Any help would be great Without some software fix I m liable to limp along using headphones and external speaker systems nbsp

A:no sound from internal speakers but headphones ok

it seems like everyone's solution to re-install Windows... easy way out i think... but really... is it worth trying to get these speakers to work? are they very good? you can easily buy external speakers, cheap and they work fine is there anything wrong with external speakers? like you say, its really no point to in sending it away... dunno... don't just take my advice though....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-from-internal-speakers-but-headphones-ok.713980/
Relevancy 54.61%

Dell Inspiron 1525 XP Pro
SigmaTel sound card.
The speakers were working on the laptop. The following day only the headphones was working. I checked the drivers; I checked the various volume controls; I ran three anti-virus programs, still the problem remains.