Windows Support Forum

Windows Services Take too long to load After entering Windows

Q: Windows Services Take too long to load After entering Windows

Boot time has lengthened along with the mount of windows lag time (time it takes services and programs to load). Before everything was loaded and operational in less than 10 seconds. Now it takes over 30 seconds for all services to operate.

There are only two programs checked for startup on my IBM Thinkpad R50e Windows XP Professional: tp4.exe amd ctfmon.exe.

What is also strange is whenlooking at task manager and processes that are running the user name column stays blank for a long time. I only have 33-35 procresses running on this computer. When first entering Windows only 19 are loaded. It then takes 30 seconds for the remaining 12 to 13 to load.

If there is no behavior that is typically associated with viruses, spyware and malware in general what is causing this? rootkit or trojan?

I look forward to your reply and opinion

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Services Take too long to load After entering Windows

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows Services Take too long to load After entering Windows

Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your malware problems.I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with these just skip it and run the next one.-Security Check-Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.--RogueKiller-- Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller or from here
Quit all programs that you may have started. Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan! For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start. Wait until Prescan has finished ... Then Click on "Scan" button Wait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete" Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished" Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/476398/windows-services-take-too-long-to-load-after-entering-windows/
Relevancy 75.25%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4085 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 598268 MB, Free - 444904 MB; D: Total - 12108 MB, Free - 2206 MB;
Motherboard: MSI, Boston
Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Not Updated
Problem:

I clicked on an email and opened an attachment from someone I thought I knew, but turned out to be a virus (I assume.) I now cannot get past the log-in screen for windows. Upon entering my password at the log-in screen, the screen simply turns black. I have ran MBAM 2-3 times with no change in performance after removing the located viruses. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 74.39%

Hi All,

I've looked on a few forums and at several threads to see if I can find a solution apart from reloading Windows.

Basically, for the past few months the laptop boots fine up until it comes to loading up the desktop. I enter my password in fine and then it takes about 20 minutes for it to become responsive.

For me, it's not a major issue, I just came on here looking if there is any advice out there.

A:Windows Desktop Takes 20+ minutes to load from entering Password

I would start by running full AV and malware scans (but not at the same time)
Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows
Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computer

If no progress try establishing a clean boot to see if any programs are bogging down
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Give it a go and let us know how you get on

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/310502-windows-desktop-takes-20-minutes-load-entering-password.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Step by Step explanation of what occurred and what I did The computer a month old ACer Aspire - Windows Home Premium Intel Core i - M Intel Solved time. to disabling Virus How load 20 f... by doesn't windows services. minute has find anything. a all software Windows HD graphics gigs DDR memory gig harddrive PM Monday December th Playing Skyrim Hit CTRL Alt Arrow key by accident This flips the windows GUI upside down Begin searching for solution on that computer by turning it upside down physically Power Cable comes out Laptop shuts down despite Windows has a 20 minute load time. Virus software doesn't find anything. Solved by disabling all windows services. How to f... having full battery Search for solution on old laptop a year old Dell Inspiron with a boatload of problems including spontaneous shut downs and battery issues Has been recently reformatted Find solution Turn on new Acer Acer runs fine until it gets to the Windows screen From quot Welcome please wait quot to me typing in my user password to me seeing my desktop takes approximately minutes Once in Windows runs incredibly choppily Try running in Safe Mode Continues to run incredibly choppily Speak with Acer Support They suggest I use a restore point I slowly inch my way towards a system restore There is one It is for PM Monday December th The laptop was closed but not off at that point I do a system restore The system restore proves ineffective I turn it on It crawls into windows Upon being turned Windows has a 20 minute load time. Virus software doesn't find anything. Solved by disabling all windows services. How to f... on both my Wireless Card and Avast Anti virus are disabled I re-inable avast and my wireless card I download Malware Bytes Trial version I run a full scan with Malware Bytes Trial version It detects nothing I run a full scan with Avast It detects nothing During one of the many crashes and restarts here I get a message in the bottom right Windows Build this copy of windows is not genuine is in the bottom right of my screen This is either false or the Staples where I purchased did something crazy I suspect the former It told me to validate using this URL https www microsoft com genuine validate default aspx displaylang en amp Error amp OSV amp GenuineInfo amp ls I attempted to validate windows It told me quot This update is not available on your computer quot I download and run CCleaner It runs and deletes - megabytes of cookies and other garbage I run MSConfig and Turn everything all services except Avast and Malwarebytes on the premise that important stuff would be retained It prompts me to restart my laptop I do It restarts and loads in within seconds as per usual Success Now the problem Most of the basic windows functions are turned off Sound control power control my touchpad has reverted to default settings and it won t let me fix those internet etcetera I attempt to turn on windows utilities on the basis of quot That kinda sounds important quot The problem reappears I try to run Windows Update It requires me to turn on something specific I turn it on There are important updates It downloads two of them It gives me an error for the other downloads My computer restarts I am now unable to find Windows Update to turn it on I am now no longer able to turn on the internet I am uncertain which Windows services need to be on or off I am uncertain if I should follow these steps http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html since I am uncertain if this is a malware problem Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows has a 20 minute load time. Virus software doesn't find anything. Solved by disabling all windows services. How to f...

4 months old and is it still under warranty and bought brand new? I heard staples has a bad reputation atleast for a customer who posted his experience on some threads online.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432321/windows-has-a-20-minute-load-time-virus-software-doesnt-find-anything-solved-by-disabling-all-windows-services-how-to-figure-out-which-to-enable/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi all
MY PC takes anything up to 20 minutes to load windows from the blue screen.

A:too long to load windows

Hi and welcome to the forum

It sounds like to me, if runs OK after loading it could a Hard Drive failing.

You should run a Diagnostic program to check the HD:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f234...es-302602.html

If it runs really slow after Windows loads, the HD could be to full. Always keep at least 15% free space, on the hard drive.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/too-long-to-load-windows-409944.html
Relevancy 68.37%

well it seen i have mess up my computer a bit and i need ur help. when i turn it on it says something like safe start up safe with networking safe with something else last configureation something and start up normaly. well i tryed all of them but that thing keeps comeing back and it take long befor the computer starts up fully. when i put in my pass word you know the music that comes on it take a min befor that comes on and then its take a few more mins for every thing else to load. i dont realy no what i did i need help and also my computer will not load fast it takes a wile iv been trying 2 see wat rong for a wile its not a virus or anything cuz i scaned it many times plz help .

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi Guys I have a new laptop and here s what happened I couldn t access Dropbox com although others on the same network could and I could access other sites just fine I installed Malwarebytes Spybot and Avast updated and ran them each - nothing found From then it started taking a long time Professional Windows Long - 7 Times Load to load Windows 7 Professional - Long Load Times the quot Welcome quot screen with spinning blue wheel would show for minutes and processes IE chrome etc would hang So I downloaded and ran Combofix and it caught the SysWow virus and deleted a bunch of related files It seems to be acting better now but not as good as new and I want to be sure I ve killed it I recently ran Combofix with safe mode and OTL with default settings Both logs are attached Any help would be much appreciated Moderator Edit Moved topic from Windows to the more appropriate forum Combofix and OTL logs are allowed ONLY in Malware Removal Logs Queen-Evie

A:Windows 7 Professional - Long Load Times

Thanks, QE! Does anyone have any updates?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462953/windows-7-professional-long-load-times/
Relevancy 67.51%

hi

It takes a long time around 10 mins to completely load windows xp and LAN gets loaded at last.

Followin are sum details abt ma machine:-

os-windows xp sp2
RAM-128mb
network card-in built on mother board
Antivirus-Mcafee VSE 8.7.0i
Firewall-enabled

plz reply n help me out
thanx

A:LAN takes a long time to load in windows xp sp2

Hi and welcome to TSF

Just how old is this PC, especially the hard drive?

Does it work OK after it is up and running ?

Needless to say, it always going to be on the slow side with only 128 RAM.
XP should have 512 RAM to make it run good.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lan-takes-a-long-time-to-load-in-windows-xp-sp2-465468.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Okay I am up against it it here with my home made computer which was primarily made to edit videos and secondarily to play video games I have some videos time very a to load taking long Windows to get out but my PC will take sometimes a little less than an hour to completely load up Sometimes when I reboot while waiting for the load it will load properly but it will sometimes take multiple reboots Even after a load sometimes programs will take longer to load as necessary but no where as near long as the OS will I have also noticed that a video that would Windows taking a very long time to load normally take an hour to render will sometimes take four hours I am running Windows XP Service Pack Windows XP bit AMD Phenom X GB Dual Channel DDR Mhz ASUSTek M N TD AM Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX SLI Disabled because I don t have Windows The last program I installed was the paid version of Stardocks Fences Task Manager shows CrasPlanService running K and fluctuating mbamservice exe Malwarebytes at K and pretty steady Can you guys help me with my problem I have a deadline coming up on the grant I was provided for my documentary project and I am being hard pressed by these problems nbsp

A:Windows taking a very long time to load

Could it be the internals? Maybe something isn't plugged in or connected well, maybe the power supply isn't supplying the PC enough power? Maybe you should upgrade to Windows Vista or 7 since you probably meet the requirements for it? Or maybe your PC is overheated and not getting good airflow?

Either your version of Windows has something corrupt or since your PC was home made, something is going wrong internally...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-taking-a-very-long-time-to-load.1079216/
Relevancy 67.51%

When I turn on my PC it takes nearly 20 minutes to get to the part where I have to choose which user to log on to. After i choose to log on to my account it takes about another 5 minutes before Desktop shows and then another 5 minutes for all to start up. I have used Advanced Windows Care V2, Ccleaner, Regcure, Ncleaner, Ashampoo Winoptimizer and Winmemopt.
I also Scanned with my AVG, Ad-aware, Spybot and Spyware terminator. I have also managed all my startup items at msconfig and disabled some unnecessary services at services.msc. Ive tried just about everything known to man but still my PC takes so long to do anything. its been like this for a while now and its never been this slow.

A:Pc Takes Long To Load Windows After I Switch It On

Would be nice if i could get helped before my lan tonight...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/128684/pc-takes-long-to-load-windows-after-i-switch-it-on/
Relevancy 67.08%

My problem When starting any new Windows Explorer window it takes a minimum of seconds to show the window My HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C PROGRA COMMON Stardock SDMCP exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe c Program Files Norton Long To Time Windows Explorer Load Takes AntiVirus navapsvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS Windows Explorer Takes Long Time To Load system spoolsv exe c program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Streamload MediaMax XL MediaMaxXLService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe c Program Windows Explorer Takes Long Time To Load Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video CameraAssistant exe C WINDOWS system ElkCtrl exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files CursorXP CursorXP exe C Program Files iolo Search and Recover DiskImageService exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA MESSEN msmsgs exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Updates from HP Program Updates from HP exe C Program Files Rainlendar Rainlendar exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings HP Owner My Documents HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US am... Read more

Relevancy 67.08%

What's going on with the icon on my taskbar? It takes 22 seconds to load Explorer. Every other link to a folder in Explorer is practically instantaneous, including the links in Start Menu.

A:Windows Explorer takes a long time to load?

You can try unpinning the Windows Explorer icon from the taskbar, then type Windows Explorer in the search function on the Start Menu. It should display Windows Explorer on the top of the search results, right click that and pin to taskbar.

Have you looked into the issue that maybe this is because of malware that is slowing down Windows Explorer when launched from the taskbar icon?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/159980-windows-explorer-takes-long-time-load.html
Relevancy 67.08%

When i start my PC, it usually takes a long time to load all the programs at startup, i went to msconfig and disabled all the items from there, i have my NORTON03 updated, did my windows updates recently, but that havent help me at all, i have ran out of ideas now, what can i do in order to have my windows XP load and start faster like it used to be!

PLs help me guys KIT!
Spykee.32

Relevancy 67.08%

I've been having this issue for a little over a month. When I start Windows XP, after it applies personal settings, it gets stuck at just a blank screen with my wallpaper for about 3 minutes or so before it finally starts to load all of the desktop icons. I have tried pulling up task manager while it is sitting there just showing the wallpaper, to see if explorer is running but the task manager doesn't come up until right before the desktop loads. Sounds like explorer.exe is somehow not loading as it should.

I've checked the startup programs in the registry and everything there is normal. Also I have not installed any new software or hardware lately. Any other ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226781/windows-taking-a-long-time-to-load-explorerexe/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello all,

I have an old K6-2 500mHZ machine that my parents are using for internet purposes. The primary problem is that when I boot up, it goes thru POST fine and then i get a black screen. i wait for about 5-6 minutes and then it loads into windows. Sometimes when boot up, it goes straight to windoes but 9 times outta 10 it doesnt. I stripped everything down to the vid card, floppy, HD and network card. Even reinstalled windows. I cant seem to fix this. Anyone have any idea what can possibly be wrong? Thanks in adavnce!

Relevancy 66.22%

why is it taking a long time for windows load files on my Dell Latitude D520? because I been waiting for over an hour for it to finish and it still only not even half way done yet

A:Why is Windows 7 taking long time to load files on startup

One option in the advanced boot options (F8 at start up) should be "Last Good Configuration", if it is then take that option and it should be the first basic fix to get it to start up. If it starts but does not fully load or still takes too long then try again and take the Safe Mode option and run the three programs under Safe Mode as recommended in reply #4. Save the logs from the results (Copy Paste into Word or other program for now) and reboot into normal mode. Then copy paste the results from those logs into a reply here so they can be reviewed to see if there is more you will need to do.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/why-is-windows-7-taking-long-time-to-load-files-on-startup-/19419.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

I am experiencing strange problem with my Windows XP machine. After Windows XP starts up - my machine hangs for 5 minutes and wait for the Security Center's Firewall alert pop-up. During this time, I can access my computer and other files, but most of the programs don't launch. Also the internet doesn't work till this time. Only after the Windows Security Center's pop-up appears saying "Your firewall is turned off" does the machine starts properly.
This alert vanishes after a second or so and then the internet connection icon appears in the task bar.
I had avast anti-virus installed on my machine and I read on a couple of forums that this might be causing the particular problem - so I've uninstalled avast and installed AVG antivirus.
Still the problem is persisting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

A:[SOLVED] Windows XP takes long time to load programs

so you get a message that the firewall is turned off? How long has that been happening, does it turn itself on at all. My suggestion would be to post on our malware forum; there is a sticky at the top of that forum to explain what they need from you to start with. However I do see that you were able to uninstall avast and install avg. Do you have malwarebytes installed at all. Perhaps firstly you could try a scan with avg and see if it shows anything, and download malwarebytes and scan with that. I suggest these things because you get the message about your firewall being turned off which doesn't seem right.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-xp-takes-long-time-to-load-programs-591265.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I recently purchased a new custom computer. It has an amd3000 processor and a gb of memory. When I turn on my computer it takes about 3-5 mins to load the windows loading screen. It turns into a black screen before the windows loading screen loads. After windows loads I can click on my account and it loads up pretty fast. Please help me with my problem.

Relevancy 65.36%

I use Toshiba Satellite Laptop with Windows XP Prof to time takes a from unlocking long saver Windows load screen SP After - minutes of idle time my laptop launches a plan screen saver When i move the mouse i get the Windows logon Since i am part of Windows unlocking from a screen saver takes long time to load my corporate AD i have to provide my credentials After giving the credentials its taking almost minutes to launch the screen till then i only see an empty blue screen during this minutes my mouse is functional Following are some of the two major things i did but still have the same problem Display properties Screen saver tab Screen saver drop down says Windows XP Wait is minutes and the check box quot On resume password protect quot is enabled But all these controls are completely disabled with the above values When i click the Settings button i get the following message quot This screen saver has no options that you can set quot Since i wanted to completely disable this screen saver options i went to gpedit msc then went to User Configuration- gt Administrative Templates- gt Control Panel- gt Display and disabled the following settings a Screen Saver b Password protect the screen saver c Screen Saver timeout Also one more information i did all this through my AD user login in my laptop This user is given administrative privileges Since i have the toshiba power saver configured i went in to toshiba power saver settings and made the settings as NEVER for Monitor Turn off and Hard disk turn off for the all the power profiles Anybody can help me nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

Hey guys

After buying my laptop, after about a month Windows explorer ( Computer ( my computer for some ) Control panel,My documents etc...) Takes a long time to load

After i click on any one, it hows me a white screen ( not the whole screen, just middle ), with the vista loading icon, and after about 1 minute, it appears, but one im inside any windows explorer, i can go to the other with no problem

Example

I open my computer, takes about a min to load, after that, i can go to documents etc... with no load

JUst this opening that bugs me
Thanks

A:Computer, control panel etc... takes long to load ( windows explorer )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-control-panel-etc-takes-long-to-load-windows-explorer.806797/
Relevancy 64.93%

I am constintly on line for work submitting information. My computer has gotten progressivly slower and is now just locking up completely. Making it impossible to do my job efficeintly. I do not want to waste money on these "finally fast" sites. What can I do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-professional-internet-freezing-and-taking-long-time-to-load-pages.893153/
Relevancy 64.93%

I am trying to solve this problem for a client. They have a Windows 2003 server,
and 4 windows XP workstations, and 2 Windows 2000 Professional workstations which
are part of a domain. The 2 windows 2k workstations take about 15 - 20 minutes
to load. When they get to the step where they load the personal settings and computer
settings, it takes forever. We have had no problems with the windows XP workstations,
and the problem just started recently with the Win2k machines. Im wondering if this is some kind of new Win2k problem with loading the settings from the server or what the cause is. Once the machine loads it runs perfectly.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Relevancy 64.93%

Hello Man oh man Ok I have had the about blank problem for a while now I see that it is a popular hijack problem Anyway I ran adaware with updated ref files and all of these new files popped up I did not look extremely carefully I have never experienced adaware bringing something up that did not need to be deleted checked all and clicked fix kiks self Ok restarted my computer everything is fine and dandy I try to listen to one of my cd s and windows media player reports back that there is an error Naturally I check my logfile and realized that I deleted a windows media player file oops I go back into adaware undo the fix so that i can repeat the process without deleting that file Computer starts up fine (Hijack windows Big Problems to long [about:blank], time takes Solved: load I run adaware and step out for a second I Solved: Big Problems (Hijack [about:blank], windows takes long time to load come back and my computer has restarted that is wierd So I log on and take an abnormally long amount of time I finally get to my desktop and everything is so slow I try to run adaware again but my computer cannot find it Ok I try to run media player again error A few moments later it pops up that my virtual memory is too low Problems Extremely long startup for windows unable to connect to the internet now a scandisk I have keeps reporting quot error qfecheck log quot and my virtually memory is used up after only using hijackthis sigh below is the most current logfile from hijackthis Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files aim aim exe C Documents and Settings Stephen Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll file missing O - Toolbar ICQ Toolbar - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - C Program Files ICQToolbar toolbaru dll file missing O - HKLM Run SysUpd C WINDOWS sysupd exe O - HKLM Run romahere C WINDOWS System matrixhere exe O - HKLM Run pnpsvc lock C WINDOWS System exe O - HKLM Run Network Security Guard C WINDOWS System sglt fbusr exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files aim aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run MoneyAgent quot C Program Files Microsoft Money System Money Express exe quot O - HKCU Run romahere C WINDOWS System matrixhere exe O - HKCU Run uninstal regsvr u s image dll O - Global Startup BigFix lnk C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup winlogin exe O - Extra context menu item amp ICQ Toolbar Search - res C Program Files ICQToolbar toolbaru dll SEARCH HTML O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button AIM HKLM O - Extra button ICQ HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem ICQ Lite HKLM O - Extra button Real com HKLM O - Extra button MoneySide HKLM O - Extra button WebMail HKCU O - Extra button WeatherBug HKCU O - DPF Yahoo Chess - http download games yahoo com games clients y ct x cab O - DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - Shockwave ActiveX Control - http fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs director sw cab O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab If anyone can help please let me know Thanks Ihatebadstuf nbsp

A:Solved: Big Problems (Hijack [about:blank], windows takes long time to load

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-big-problems-hijack-about-blank-windows-takes-long-time-to-load.269780/
Relevancy 61.92%

hye guys..my computer is taking a very long time to boot up after i entered my user password..anybody can help me please??
i have checked the startup program..and defrag my hard disk.but nothing help..

A:Taking a very long time after entering password

What virus and malware protection are you running? What are your complete computer specs and what version of Windows are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/taking-a-very-long-time-after-entering-password.175456/
Relevancy 61.06%

Okay so here's the deal I had Windows Service Pack Everything was just lovely then I decided to FINALLY upgrade to Windows 3 Windows Boot Now won't past Service Pack Load Windows load Installed Screen Service Pack because some high end Adobe products I was installing suggested it for Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen better compatibility Aiesh so I took the plunge and tried to upgrade to Windows Service Pack I was smart because of all the horror stories though and did a full backup up all my data including system state etc I set a system restore point the whole nine yards I upgraded with no problems but when the computer restarted it do so got past POST and the windows boot or load screen popped up with the loading bar but windows never loaded A lot of people report having problems where it get's past the windows load screen and just keeps cycle rebooting Or it'll load to the user selection screen welcome screen This is not me I am simply stuck at the windows load screen Picture below for reference So I booted into safe mode with networking searched for help EVERYWHERE and couldn't find any - By the way I could boot into safe mode safe mode with command prompt and safe mode with networking So I used my system restore point that had made before the SP upgrade and now I am typing to you from the comfort of my Service Pack But this ticks me off because I want SP on my system for the sake of those Adobe programs and just because I can't get the dern thing on there it bugs me Does anyone have a suggestion for me as to WHAT is stopping me from have a healthy running version of Windows Service Pack I ran the Service Pack install upgrade as an Administrator in safe mode with ANY program thing that could possibly affect it not running I thought I had all my bases covered but apparently not Any help suggestions It'd be nice for all the other people out there who are having this same problem to get an answer as well P S I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition Version Service Pack hopefully SP soon

A:Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen

Hi sirdanceal0t,
I had a similar problem when Windows XP SP3 was released it was only designed for Intel processors, so if you have a AMD processor it will cause your system not to load, if you are running a AMD processor if i were you try and get back to the System Restore Point or if that fails reimage your pc and just before installing SP3 looks for the patch/fix for your processor model, then install SP3 and it should all be fine.

On the other hand if you have a Intel processor i woulldn't know what to advise.

Swain90

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-windows-service-pack-3-now-windows-wont-load-past-windows-boot-load-screen-418781.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My Windows start-up is pretty decent after I log-in to my user account What s taking too long is the quot Windows Is Starting Up quot screen It takes about mins or so Up" Starting Load To Too Is Takes Screen Solved: Long "Windows before the log-in screen shows up Anyway here s what happened prior to this event My Windows XP OS has just been repaired due to a stop error Solved: "Windows Is Starting Up" Screen Takes Too Long To Load One of my RAM Solved: "Windows Is Starting Up" Screen Takes Too Long To Load cards I have two installed previously has also been removed because the technician deemed that it was the cause of the stop error Now my question is is it the cause of the slow down I mean having a smaller RAM I m thinking that it could be the cause but I m having second thoughts because I only had RAM card installed way back but the stalling of the quot Windows is starting up quot screen never happened I ve Solved: "Windows Is Starting Up" Screen Takes Too Long To Load had a slow running PC yes but I never had to wait that long for the quot log-in quot screen to show up seconds tops I only have GB free space now which is small but I ve had a smaller free space GB before but then again the stalling I mentioned has never happened until now Any solution to this problem nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

So I shut down my computer and noticed it was taking abnormally long so I push the quick-restart button on my PC It restarts "Starting and at to long, random Windows" load programs unable too Stuck for just fine but stays on the boot screen for a bit long Stuck at "Starting Windows" for too long, and unable to load random programs and then proceeds to get quot stuck quot at the quot Starting Windows quot screen for about a minute From there Windows loads just fine and I can access a majority of my usual programs Firefox avast etc without any errors However when I try to load Stuck at "Starting Windows" for too long, and unable to load random programs very few programs iTunes Malwarebytes etc they don't load at all despite appearing in the Processes section of the Task Manager Also when I try to unpin a program from the taskbar the program's icon remains but I can no longer quot unpin quot it from the taskbar These are all of the errors I've experienced and here's what I've tried thus far System Restoring Tried it twice to before I installed a Windows Update and before I installed a graphics driver update Neither changed anything Disabling all non-Microsoft startup services System File Checker no errors found avast full scan no threats found Windows Repair thing at startup - didn't get past the loading bar Any help whatsoever would be appreciated Thank you Troy

A:Stuck at "Starting Windows" for too long, and unable to load random programs

You should never use the reset/restart button on your case unless you need to. Otherwise this happens...

Please preform a hard drive test using this guide here:

How to perform a Seagate's Seatools Test | Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stuck-at-starting-windows-for-too-long-and-unable-to-load-random-programs-860273.html
Relevancy 56.33%

i am not good at english hope i can make myself clear hello everyone this is all my fault i download a movie call quot Brave quot via torrent from internet after download i can t open the video file the readme file tell me that i need to install a decoder software in the same folder i use the and services.msc Windows server security missing windows update firewall windows in center, microsoft security essential to scan this quot decoder quot all good so i install it after scaning then bad thing happened missing server Windows security center, windows firewall and windows update in services.msc the microsoft security essential realtime protection shut down windows fire wall shut down windows update shut down the most important all of those three could not be restart and i can t find each of them in the services msci search on google for a solution it take a long time finally i found something on the google the solution is use quot sc quot command to recreate the service on services msc then i missing server Windows security center, windows firewall and windows update in services.msc download a reg file called quot wscsvc reg quot from that site and import it to the system http pressf pcworld co nz showthread php -Win -Security-Centre-service-missing-after-malware-infectionWindows Registry Editor Version HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services wscsvc quot DisplayName quot quot SystemRoot System wscsvc dll - quot quot ErrorControl quot dword quot ImagePath quot hex d f f c d c f e d b c f c e f b quot Start quot dword quot Type quot dword quot Description quot quot SystemRoot System wscsvc dll - quot quot DependOnService quot hex e d d quot ObjectName quot quot NT AUTHORITY LocalService quot quot ServiceSidType quot dword quot RequiredPrivileges quot hex e e f c d f e c quot DelayedAutoStart quot dword quot FailureActions quot hex c d e HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services wscsvc Parameters quot ServiceDllUnloadOnStop quot dword quot ServiceDll quot hex d f f c d c e c c HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services wscsvc Security quot Security quot hex c d c ff f fd ff f d d b d e dc f e e a b eb ca b after that i can see the security center in the services msc but it still can t active automaticly i change some property of security center after start my computer microsoft security essential realtime protection active and turn green But i still can t make windows update and windows fire wall functional PLEASE i need your help Security Check result Results of screen s Security Check version Windows Service Pack x UAC is enabled Internet Explorer Antivirus Firewall Check span Microsoft Security Essentials Antivirus up to date Anti-malware Other Utilities Check span Java Update Java version out of Date Adobe Flash Player Flash Player out of Date Adobe Reader X Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Google Chrome Google Chrome plugins Process Check objlist exe by Laurent span Microsoft Security Essentials MSMpEng exe Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe System Health check span Total Fragmentation on Drive C End of Log span Farbar Service Scanner FSS result Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Solomon administrator on - - at Running from quot C Users Solomon Downloads quot Microsoft Windows Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected WAN connectedGoogle IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo IP is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall mpsdrv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of mpsdrv service is OK The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve start type of MpsSvc The value does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ImagePath of MpsSvc The value does not exist Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of MpsSvc The value does not exist bfe Service is not running C... Read more

A:missing server Windows security center, windows firewall and windows update in services.msc

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467248/missing-server-windows-security-center-windows-firewall-and-windows-update-in-servicesmsc/
Relevancy 56.33%

Im having this issue when I go to my Music folder/library in windows there is either no album art (in this case no icons in place of the album art either to suggest if its an mp3 or what not), or it takes a really long time for the album art to load on every peace of music. I have also tried to search on google about this problem. No luck probably because I'm rubbish at searching

ill really appreciate it if someone can help me out.

Here is a screen shot about what I'm on about ---->

Text in image: Files that have no album art still have the file type icon on them.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A:Album art takes long to load or doesn't load at all in explorer.exe

Welcome aboard, ksbansal

If you dont have adequate RAM/free RAM to generate the arts, it happens. Let us know the size of your ram, and you need to run this test, too.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/209177-album-art-takes-long-load-doesnt-load-all-explorer-exe.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Need help with a slow load time after entering my password on startup. It has been going on for a while not sure what caused it . I have a HP Pavilion Dv7 6187cl. Approx 3 yrs old. I have tried the basics with virus removal with no success. Need help thanks

A:Slow load time after entering password on startup

Lets run some scans to see if there is any malware or other infections.________________________________________________________________Please download AdwCleaner and install it. When AdwCleaner opens you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Scan to start the scan. Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed.  If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.   Click on Clean to remove the selected items.  If you have any questions about any items in the list please copy and paste the list in your topic so we can review it.   You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be closed so that the infections can be removed.  Click on OK. When the cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented.  Please copy and the paste this log in your topic. ________________________________________________________________  Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.  After clicking on the link the download will start automatically. 1)  Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation. 2)  Malwarebytes will automatically open.  If this is the first time you have run this version of Malwarbytes you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Update Now, after Malwarebytes is updated click on Scan. If this isn't the first time you have run this version, then you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Scan  You will be prompted to update Malwarebytes, to do so click on Update Now.   3)  The scan will automatically run now.   4)  When the scan is complete the results will be displayed.  Click on Quarantine All, then click on Apply Actions   5)  To complete any actions taken you will be asked if you want to restart your computer, click on Yes   6)  Please post the Malwarebytes log. To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop. To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  When the log opens, scroll down toward the bottom of the log to Quarantined Items.  Copy and paste this in your next post. ________________________________________________________________  Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop. 1.  Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.   2.  Check Loaded Modules, Verify Driver Digital Signature, and Detect TDLFS file system. If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now.   3.  Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run.   4.  If threats are detected select Skip or Cure (if available) for all of them unless otherwise instructed. ***Do NOT select Delete!Click Continue.  [/*] 5.  Click Reboot computer. Please copy the TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt file found in your root directory (typically c:\) and paste it into your next reply. ________________________________________________________________Please run the ESET OnlineScanThis scan takes quite a long time to run, so be prepared to have the time to allow this to run till it is completed.***Please note. If you run this scan using Internet Explorer you won't need to download the Eset Smartinstaller.***Click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.The ESET Online Scanner page will open, click on Yes, I agree to the trems of use, then click on Start, the scan will now begine.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Ins... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549936/slow-load-time-after-entering-password-on-startup/
Relevancy 56.33%

I get the message quot Windows system services services exe quot at start up twice Browser previously hijacked by coolsearch etc I already ran CWShredder Below is my log Note I altered the domain name in last values for security reasons Also Acrobat no longer opens PDF files within Internet Explorer Thank you in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at Windows\system32\services\services.exe message start [Solved] up at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet [Solved] Windows\system32\services\services.exe message at start up Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files NavNT defwatch exe C Program Files NavNT rtvscan exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System ofps exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System pctspk exe C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE C Program Files NavNT vptray exe C Program Files Common Files ACD Systems EN DevDetect exe C Program Files Sharp Sharpdesk SharpTray exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files Sharp Sharpdesk sdFTP exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Downloads Spy amp Spam HiJackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http www coolsearch biz F - win ini run C WINDOWS System services services exe O - BHO no name - DD-C E- -AF -DD C C - no file O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - DE E - - D - B - E C FAF - C WINDOWS browserhelper dll O - BHO no name - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS system msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run PCTVOICE pctspk exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe O - HKLM Run QuickFinder Scheduler quot C Program Files Corel WordPerfect Office Programs QFSCHD EXE quot O - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe O - HKLM Run EM EXEC C PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet O - HKLM Run vptray C Program Files NavNT vptray exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Device Detector quot C Program Files Common Files ACD Systems EN DevDetect exe quot -autorun O - HKCU Run SharpTray quot C Program Files Sharp Sharpdesk SharpTray exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe O - Global Startup Start Network Scanner Tool lnk C Program Files Sharp Sharpdesk sdFTP exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Related HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links HKLM O - Plugin for mpeg C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - Plugin for mpg C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - DPF D - - - - AA B - http download microsoft com download F E F E A - E - E - F F- C wmv VCM CAB... Read more

A:[Solved] Windows\system32\services\services.exe message at start up

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-system32-services-services-exe-message-at-start-up.228754/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I hope someone can help Many family member surf the web on this computer and I thought it was well protected too many to list but I have some strange things going on I get the message quot Windows system services services exe quot at start up twice Browser hijacked and other fringe benefits LOL here is my log and Thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe up at Windows\system32\services\services.exe start message C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C WINDOWS system drivers dcfssvc Windows\system32\services\services.exe message at start up exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS System ScsiAccess EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C windows system Windows\system32\services\services.exe message at start up hpsysdrv exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data eber exe C WINDOWS System wnscpsv exe C WINDOWS System iexplore exe C WINDOWS sachost exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB rnathchk exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS System ligaa dll sp html obfuscated R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINDOWS System ligaa dll sp html obfuscated R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS System ligaa dll sp html obfuscated R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http lolatgp offhost info out php R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http lolatgp offhost info out php R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS System ligaa dll sp html obfuscated R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINDOWS System ligaa dll sp html obfuscated R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http lolatgp offhost info out php R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http lolatgp offhost info out php R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http lolatgp offhost info out php R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS System ligaa dll sp html obfuscated R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http www coolsearch biz R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blank F - win ini run C WINDOWS System services services exe F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS System Userinit exe O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - -B C - C - E - B EFEFE - C WINDOWS System ligaa dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Yahoo... Read more

Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,

I've been having problems with my laptop for some months now. Upon entering Windows, I get a lot of dialogue boxes coming up and occasionally ad pop-ups.

Here is the list of the dialogue boxes that come up:

Run-time error 401
Can't show non-modal form when modal form is displayed.

Runtime Error
Line: 92

Line: 104

Line: 32

Line: 123

Line: 1

Line: 162

Line: 7429

This will be accompanied by some clicking sounds and there's this weird teeny tine little unclickable box that appears on the top left of my screen.

I've run Ad-Aware, Spybot, and AVG Free but nothing seems to help.

What do all this errors mean and how can I fix them?

Many thanks.

A:Dialogue box pop-ups on entering Windows

Run-time error 401Can't show non-modal form when modal form is displayed.Have you installed/uninstalled any programs when this started happening?Do you use spybot S&D Teatimer's function? If you do, you need to disable it for now.------------------------------The process of cleaning your computer may require you to temporarily disable some security programs. If you are using SpyBot Search and Destroy, please refer to Note 2 at the bottom of this page.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note:-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. Note 2:-- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes. To disable these programs, please view this topic: How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222160/dialogue-box-pop-ups-on-entering-windows/
Relevancy 55.47%

When I start up my computer after the initial set-up I get a blank screen. Is there somewhere in the initial setup I can get to the DOS prompt? I have been told I will probably have a virus, (i am using XP Professional) and need to format the C drive. I do know how to format the C drive but cannot get into the prompt to do so.

Relevancy 55.04%

Background I originally had two hard drives one WD GB SATA and another old WD not after XP Windows GUI entering reboot installation GB which used an IDE cable When the GB began to fail I bought a new hard drive to replace it Problem was that Windows somewhere down the line decided Windows XP installation not entering GUI after reboot to put the boot sector on the old IDE drive Once removed windows couldn't boot and renamed my drive letter that had windows on it I created a boot disk to load into the system but could not find a way to correct the boot ini After a few days of looking at it I decided it would just be faster to restart from scratch I formatted my PC the other and expected to do a clean install of Windows XP SP Here's the PC specs that I am running Intel E Gigabyte S-series GA-EP -DS L Bios version F Nvidia EVGA GT One Western Digital GB Green caviar gigs of G Skill DDR memory Problem I inserted the XP CD and started the process I made a floppy drive disk prior to boot in my third part drivers during the quot Press F quot section I got these drivers jraid sys from my motherboard CD The format went well took about maybe - hours Not sure since I walked away at this point while it did it's thing The setup creates the new partition and and begins copying over files for the Windows installations After it was completed windows has to restart The computer restarts and asks again if I would like to boot off the cd drive I let this go without pressing anything Instead of going into the GUI section of the installation the computer just goes to a black screen The computer is still on but nothing happens Just a blank black screen No flashing cursor etc I have never experienced this before Bios - settings Master Slave IDS Channel Master - WDC WD AAKS IDS Channel Slave - Sony DVD Drive Burner uses IDE cable The Boot order is currently CD-ROM Hard Disk Under quot Hard Disk Boot Priority quot the first entry is Ch M WDC WD AAKS followed by Boot All-In Cards Other options I will list but I am not to sure of SATA AHCI Mode - Disabled SATA Port - Native Mode - Disabled OnBoard IDE Controller -Enabled These are enabled disabled by default I tried enabling quot SATA AHCI Mode quot but that makes my hard drive not detectable This setup worked before so I am not quite sure what is missing I have never personally installed to an SATA hard drive and I'm not sure if I am missing anything or a step somewhere The bios detects my hard drive but it always leads to the black screen I tried changing the bios settings to go HD first followed by the CD-Rom after the restart but that didn't work I have not added the new hard drive to my machine I would like to get windows installed on one disk before I add in another Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated

A:Windows XP installation not entering GUI after reboot

Remove the IDE hard drive. Go into the Bios and make sure port 0 is Enabled. (be sure you are plugging the SATA drive into the port 0 of the motherboard. Your SATA drive should be recognized by the bios. Boot off of the XP CD and put in your floppy for the SATA drivers. Delete any partition if it reports that there is a Windows installation on the drive and create a new partition and do a Quick Format NTFS. Once Windows finishes installing, then you can hook up your IDE drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-installation-not-entering-gui-after-reboot-393040.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey peoples,

Yet another BSOD problem. My old PC which I donated to my in-laws suddenly started BSOD'ing for no particular reason that I can find. It boots into safe mode fine but as soon as it tried to boot into normal windows (7) it blue screens a few seconds after hitting the desktop.

Here's the dump:

Thanks for any help

Wowdude

A:BSOD instantly on entering windows

Please upload your msinfo32.nfo file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Save -> Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here.

Please upload your msinfo32.txt file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Export -> Save as msinfo32.txt and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .txt file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here.

Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Quote:
The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes. *Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot. *If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
*If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot. *If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
*If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

Errors are sometimes found after 8 passes.
Do this test overnight, before going to bed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/269072-bsod-instantly-entering-windows.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello All
For some reason when I reboot my system, and when I enter Windows, itís like there is no hard drive activity, I can click on the start menu, but can't really access or open anything up for a like 2 minutes, then afterwards everything works fine, this didn't occur until I updated my system that has SP 2 installed, and I am not the only one having this issue a bunch of my friends are having the same issue as well, I am currently having this problem on 2 of my machines, any solutions or comments will be greatly appreciated.

A:When entering Windows,there is no harddrive activity!

Hi Bruckheimer,

Welcome to TSG !

It's depending on the hardware devices installed on your computers. Some USB devices need more time to be 'mounted' on the system.
I know a similar problem : the computer is build with a printer, a DSL modem and a drawing board, all of them are USB 2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-entering-windows-there-is-no-harddrive-activity.381029/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys,

Registered a account here because i'm completely lost at this point.
So yesterday I did a few things on my girlfriends laptop, nothing special.
Shut down the laptop, girlfriend tried to log in a few hours later and upon entering her password she gets kicked back out to the login screen.
Searched google, tried alot of solutions but non work.
Booted mini windows xp from hirensbootcd, checked registery and nothing fancy there in the winlogon strings.
I did manage to enable the guest account and add an extra administrator account. The guest account works (no taskbar tho) but everything else seemed to work. The freshly made admin account did not work, same story as my girlfriends account, enter password > back to login screen.

I hope that you guys have some possible solutions I can try.

Kind regards,

Ricardo

Relevancy 55.04%

I use firefox as my browser. Lately some websites either won't load or take in upwards of 20 minutes. My virus scanner keeps catching virus's. I have run my virus scanner(CA VIRUS SCANNER), ad-aware, spybot, spysubtract, and superantispyware, they all cuaght something the first run through but now come up clean. i then browsed the forums here and found a similar post. I tried some of the suggestions there, which were to repair my network connection in the control panel, and to set firefox's network connection to autodetect, these seem to have helped but some sites are still slow particularly pogo games(my wife)pogo.com loads up fine it's the popup game windows that have the problem. thanks for any help.

A:Certain Websites Won't Load Or Take A Long Time To Load

Hello and welcomplease advise which windows version you are running and which version of Adaware have you used and which of spybot?when you say you are getting pop up windows, are these part OF the page you are accessing or are they signs of infection?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136457/certain-websites-wont-load-or-take-a-long-time-to-load/
Relevancy 55.04%

This problem just started happening. It only occurs on this network I have in my home. I have used multiple computers at a different house and the internet is perfect. So I am assuming I have some sort of virus on my network. I need help

A:Certain websites wont load, or they take very long to load.

It appears that you have already posted a hijackthis log here.Please be patient while waiting for assistance. HJT Helpers are all volunteers regardless where you post a log. While waiting for a response, you should not ask for help elsewhere or make changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc.) Any modifications you make on your own can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, following advice outside of that post may cause confusion for the HJT Helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.If you had posted your log here, similar rules would apply. We would ask that you be patient while awaiting a reply and refrain from asking for help elsewhere.If you followed any other advice already, please ensure you inform the HJT Team Helper when they respond to assist you with your log. This will help them know what has been done and they probably will ask for an updated log.To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. If you still need assistance after your log has been reviewed and you have been cleared, please start a new topic. If you have any questions, please PM me or another moderator.Thanks for your cooperation.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226417/certain-websites-wont-load-or-they-take-very-long-to-load/
Relevancy 54.18%

After typing my password to enter my user (windows 7), My desktop runs but the mouse keeps spinning and i can't click on anything .....
Another user has the same issue but there is user that hasn't
I need to fix mine so any suggesting ?!

A:Spinning mouse after entering my windows 7 user

After a quick google search, I found this. http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/277975-cursor-spinning-non-stop.html
See if that helps any.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581569/spinning-mouse-after-entering-my-windows-7-user/
Relevancy 54.18%

I'm having a problem on my Dell Dimension 3000 desktop machine entering standby mode on Windows XP automatically.

My system will enter standby mode if Start->Turn Off Computer->Standby is selected.

It will not enter standby mode via inactivity for the time specified in the Power Options Properties settings.

I can't find an "APM" setting in my BIOS. The only settings that appear to apply are "Low Power mode", which is ENABLED.

My best guess is that some piece of software installed on my system is keeping it from treating the system as inactive.

Specific questions:

1) Is there a tool or method that can be used to determine what is keeping the system from considering itself to be idle?

2) Is there a tool that will force standby mode that can run in place of the (broken) Windows XP/Dell Power Options settings?

Thanks in advance for any help on this topic.

Relevancy 54.18%

Hello all,

I have been having an issue with my computer sleeping and hibernating lately. When I force the computer into sleep or hibernate (sleep and hibernate are not set to occur after a given time) the screen shuts off but that's it. The fans and lights stay on and i think the HDD is still running (don't have HDD indicator lights on my computer). This doesn't happen every time however. I believe it is a power settings issue because this happened once before. After some guess and check, once I set the hard disks to not shut off ever, the problem was fixed. I reformatted my computer and the problem is back (yes I tried the hard disks again). The only way to return the computer to working state is to force shut down the system. All of my drivers are up to date. I've attached a txt file containing the energy report. Thanks in advance to any reply!

A:Windows 7 Computer not fully entering sleep

Assuming that all of your device drivers are up-to-date, carefully read the info here:

Windows 7 does not go to sleep

It helped to solve my problem. - Hope it will help you out!

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/212877-windows-7-computer-not-fully-entering-sleep.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I Get the error 0x0000007E it flashes it with a bunch of there errors like 0xffff0006 or something and like two others as well then it restarts. It does not boot windows

A:BSOD right after entering password to enter windows

Please follow these steps - Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

Note
Run the Memtest86+ for least 9-10 passes

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/292840-bsod-right-after-entering-password-enter-windows.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I had a pirated version of XP OS... I made it genuine by changing the serial keys using *********** Software and I went to the microsoft website and I downloaded and installed the Windows Updates. It asked to restart the PC and when I restarted it only the blank microsoft screen is coming after that it gets restarted without entering into the desktop screen...can u pls tell me a solution for this problem

napster

A:Windows XP restarts without entering into the desktop screen

Sorry, we can't help with pirate software. Thread closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-restarts-without-entering-into-the-desktop-screen-114672.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I would like to know if there is a way to set Windows 98 to open a window in the full screen size. Can one set the default size to full screen?

My computer always opens a window in small size, meaning that I have to use extra mouse click to maximize the window.

Thanks for any tip on this...

Relevancy 54.18%

I encountered a pretty bad error but I feel like it s only because when transferring over my system image change Windows... into letters drive entering without Need the to it did so by going from C -- to D I ve spent hours Google searching and burning bootable discs to no avail What I ve found out is that Partition Magic seems to be the only software in the universe that can change your drive letters around I tried changing the drive letters through something in Windows DOS in Need to change the drive letters without entering into Windows... Windows Recovery but that didn t work on the reboot Supposedly the Partition Magic CD itself is bootable but to create a bootable CD from scratch it s a downright nightmare I am so utterly lost As it stands I have my computer harddrive completely ready to go just sitting there but the drive letters are all messed up and I have no way of accessing Windows as my Windows installation is on this HD and the HD won t boot up presumably because the letters are all funky

A:Need to change the drive letters without entering into Windows...

Hi HTiger,
I suggest that you restart your rig, and use the appropriate key, or key sequence (depending on your Mobo manufacturer's requirements) to access your BIOS settings. Look for the advanced settings and change the first boot device settings to boot from the drive containing your OS. Whwn you have your system running, please post back and we can dicuss the changing of the drive letters.
Good Luck
Kevin

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413375/need-to-change-the-drive-letters-without-entering-into-windows/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey guys,

I recently bought an ASUS laptop with Windows 8, and occasionally it crashes when waking up from sleep mode or when I close it (fold the screen down).
Either way, it just freezes, with the screen blank, and sometimes it restarts on its own, generating an error screen with links to .dmp (minidump) and .xml files that are sent to microsoft for analysis.
So, I followed the procedures to BSOD posting, generating the file attached here, and I hope that someone can help me.
Thank you!

Some additional information: my laptop has lights that indicate wi-fi on, battery alimentation, and other things. Even after the crash, sometimes the keybord shortcut to wi-fi still works, turning the light on/off. That's the only signal of life that I can get from it.

A:Windows 8 crash when entering sleep mode

The reports are incomplete, please re-run the data collection app and let it run for at least 15 minutes (or until the app itself says that it's done). Then zip it up and upload it with your next post.

If you're overclocking, please stop the overclock while we're troubleshooting. Feel free to resume the overclock once the system has been stabilized.

Processor may be overclocked!
Expected Frequency: 1800
Actual Frequency: 2394
Overclock Ratio: 1.33

The memory dumps seem to blame your IntcDAud.sys driver - a component of your Intel Graphics Media Accelerator
Please update the driver to the latest, Win8 compatible version.
Also, be sure that you have ALL Windows Updates.

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

ASMMAP64.sys Thu Jul 2 05:13:26 2009 (4A4C7A36)
LENOVO ATK Hotkey ATK0101 ACPI UTILITY (also found in Asus systems)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASMMAP64.sys

atkwmiacpi64.sys Tue Sep 6 21:44:52 2011 (4E66CC94)
ATK WMIACPI Utility
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atkwmiacpi64.sys

AiCharger.sys Thu Sep 22 22:04:40 2011 (4E7BE938)
Asus Charger Driver [br] Likely BSOD cause - haven't seen recently (15Jan2013)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AiCharger.sys

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Sun Nov 24 19:20:33.754 2013 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\112413-38359-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16628.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130531-1504
System Uptime:2 days 2:20:26.470
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for IntcDAud.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for IntcDAud.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ksthunk.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for HDAudBus.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by :HDAudBus.sys
BugCheck 9F, {4, 12c, fffffa800fb98240, fffff8800189e810}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp
subsystem.
Arg2: 000000000000012c, Timeout in seconds.
Arg3: fffffa800fb98240, The thread currently holding on to the Pnp lock.
Arg4: fffff8800189e810, nt!TRIAGE_9F_PNP on Win7 and higher
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_4_ksthunk_IMAGE_HDAudBus.sys
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz"
MaxSpeed: 1800
CurrentSpeed: 2394

Processor may be overclocked!
Expected Frequency: 1800
Actual Frequency: 2394
Overclock Ratio: 1.33

BIOS Version Q550LF.205
BIOS Release Date 05/20/2013
Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Product Name Q550LF
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Fri Nov 22 16:59:21.962 2013 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\112213-46234-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (4 procs) Free x64
System Uptime:0 days 22:01:03.481
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for IntcDAud.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for IntcDAud.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ksthunk.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could n... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/36147-windows-8-crash-when-entering-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I am having issues trying to get to windows 7 to launch normally. It locked up and I had to do a hard shutdown. Now it will not launch normally. I get to the part where I enter my user password and press enter. Then screen then shows connecting with a cancel button but will go no further. I can get to my desktop in safe mode. I am suspecting a virus but haven't a clue how to resolve. I have MS Security Essentials running as my antivirus software. Any suggestions?

A:Windows 7 not connecting after entering user password

My first idea would be to use System Restore to return the PC to a date prior to the beginning of this problem.

When was that?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/329440-windows-7-not-connecting-after-entering-user-password.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I've been having this problem for quite a while whenever my PC automatically goes into sleep mode mins in my case Windows crashes and my PC reboot I know this because when I log back in all my programs and windows were closed and Chrome report an unexpected shutdown or something like that I checked the Event Viewer and it seems I have Event Kernel-Power problem I've been searching for the solution for the past few months but no luck of solving this particular problem Specs None of these components are overclocked I've never overclock this system before either Windows Pro -bit 8.1 Windows Crashes sleep automatically when mode entering Core i - K stock clock Gigabyte Z -UD H Motherboard GTX stock clock GB Kingston HyperX Fury MHz stock clock GB Samsung EVO SSD EVGA SuperNOVA G PSU I however solved the problem that my PC would behave the same Windows 8.1 Crashes when automatically entering sleep mode when I manually put it into sleep Start - Windows 8.1 Crashes when automatically entering sleep mode gt power - gt Sleep so now my PC goes into sleep and waking up just fine if I manually put it into sleep TL DR Windows Pro crashes and PC reboot when it automatically enter sleep mode but it's fine if I manually put into sleep mode

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/64825-windows-8-1-crashes-when-automatically-entering-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Team, 

This is my first post on this portal. 

I hope, I'm in the right place to discuss about my system issue. 

Problem: 

My desktop is running by Windows XP operating system. A virus is keep on typing text like the combination of qpppppqpppqpqpqppppqpqp without any action from my end. 

Even this kind of action is happening on Windows XP login window. If I try to enter my username and password, it is keep on adding additional text and not allowing me to enter into the Windows.

I formatted all the partitions and installed Windows XP on one of the partitions. (C drive).

The virus is get activated after new installation of Windows XP and Windows 7 Professional.

Then I bought new Anti-Virus (Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Internet Security), scanned the entire system. After the new installation of Anti virus also no solution. 

Please help me how to remove this virus and activate the system.

Regards,
Selvam K

A:Automatic text entering (like qpppqqqppppp) without my action on Windows XP

Virus?

Please use a different keyboard and check.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484754/automatic-text-entering-like-qpppqqqppppp-without-my-action-on-windows-xp/
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm running Windows on a Lenovo s The origin of the issue I messed up a little the entering upon RP sleep Windows when password crashes 8 from resume my MBR by removing the dual-boot system incorrectly and had to repair it using a USB drive with Windows the automatic repair did the trick Immediately after the repair the problem started Windows 8 RP crashes when entering the password upon resume from sleep Steps to reproduce Close the Windows 8 RP crashes when entering the password upon resume from sleep lid Open the lid Wait for the logon screen to appear Enter Windows 8 RP crashes when entering the password upon resume from sleep the correct password What happens Laptop reboots by itself After the reboot I'm able to enter the password and log in successfully How reproducible Additional details After the repair Windows SLIC I mean the spinning dots on resume was replaced by the old progress bar with the word quot Resuming quot No dumps get generated The settings upon closing the lid are quot Hibernate quot whether on battery or using charger Event viewer just contains an error that the last shutdown was incorrect Things that I haven't tried Running sfc scannow already done after starting topic did not find anything Running a full check disk Trying the safe mode Trying the clean boot I'm not that bothered by this problem and I don't really want to reinstall Windows - just curious what it might be

A:Windows 8 RP crashes when entering the password upon resume from sleep

Looks like this was fixed by moving the pagefile to a separate partition. No reboot in 4 resumes, and before - this was 100% reproducible.

Nope, it crashed again.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/9471-windows-8-rp-crashes-when-entering-password-upon-resume-sleep.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all,
My problem started with random BSOD (files attached) and after i installed a dual boot linux (Ubuntu) the BSOD were gone, but the computer still freezes the same as before. This is bad because no recent minidump files are generated. While freezed not even ctrl+alt+del works, only holding the power button to restart.
I don't know if there is something with the HD, but im almost sure is not hardware because in linux distribution it never crashed.
I tried to understand the minidump file but didnt find any possible cause.
I updated most of the drivers but the problem still occurs (Sudden complete freeze)
Laptop: Asus N61Jq
Operational system Windows 7 64 bits home edition

If someone have five minutes to quickly see the dump files i will be very grateful.
Thank you

A:BSOD before entering windows -Asus laptop N61Jq

Hi, Lindner; welcome to the forum. I am sorry you are having problems. All three of your dumps are error code 124.

Quote:
Error code 124, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. Usual causes: Hardware, Incompatibility, May be driver corruption.

Check this link for information on you 124 error code: [2-Int] Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

While you are troubleshooting, I recommend that you uninstall Avast. Avast has been known to cause BSOD's on some, not all, Win 7 systems. You can try it again after you get your system running smoothly. Download and install Microsoft Security Essentials in its place.

I also find an almost guaranteed BSOD maker on your system: sptd.sys.

Quote:
Please uninstall any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dump, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: DuplexSecure - Downloads. Select delete; do not select reinstall.
Here is an alternative virtualization program that does not user the sptd.sys driver:
Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) Overview

You have some outdated drivers loading on your system. Older drivers can and do cause memory corruption and BSOD's. Those in red font are really obsolete. Update these drivers.

Quote:
ASMMAP64.sys Sun Feb 04 14:52:56 2007 - LENOVO ATK Hotkey ATK0101 ACPI UTILITYLenovo Support & downloads - Home page

ATK64AMD.sys Tue May 12 21:04:54 2009 - ATK Hotkey ATK0101 ACPI UTILITY DriverLenovo Support & downloads - Home page

lullaby.sys June 18 2009 - ASUSTeK Computer Inc.ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

sncduvc.SYS Mon Dec 29 04:14:26 2008 - Suyin USB 2.0 Webcam driver OEM - none at????????. Try to update this one through Lenovo. If there is no update; uninstall the webcam; it is obsolete.

How to update drivers -

Quote:
- I have listed links to most of the drivers in the code box above. Please use the links there to see what info I've found about those drivers.
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads.

Uninstall sptd.sys, update the above drivers or uninstall the software they are associated with. Reboot and see how your system does. Upload any new BSOD's and we will start testing hardware.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03057000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03294e50
Debug session time: Wed Oct 13 15:26:11.792 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:46:25.743
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCh... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/122586-bsod-before-entering-windows-asus-laptop-n61jq.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi.

The original post is at:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566712/windows-7-jagged-alliance-2-wildfire-issue/

A:Windows 7 and entering a serial - fonts are too big (making a link here)

Duplicate topic, locked. Any replies to original topic in 'Computer gaming'.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566713/windows-7-and-entering-a-serial-fonts-are-too-big-making-a-link-here/
Relevancy 53.75%

hello,

I have Windows 7 Professional x64 and Outlook 2010.

I have one RSS feed in Outlook and I was curious whether the subscription somehow prevents sleep mode. I have Outlook running all the time.

I'm asking because when I use the mouse after a long delay, the monitor flashes back immediately and my wifi connection to the home network is still active - in the past the connection has to be re-established after sleep.

I have had no problem with sleep mode; this is just for my fyi. I realize I could just shut down Outlook if I need to stop the RSS feed (true?).

Thanks for your help.

A:Does Outlook RSS feed prevent Windows from entering sleep?

I won't bump this again, but maybe my question is whether Windows 7 polls constantly to pull RSS feeds, or does the RSS source push to listeners that are mainly waiting.

Any thoughts? Thanks again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/200657-does-outlook-rss-feed-prevent-windows-entering-sleep.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I keep getting BSOD when I try to put my 5 year old HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop in sleep mode, by either tapping the power button, or going through the start menu. This started happening a couple days ago, after Windows did an update.

I've done a system file check and it came up clean, and I also updated my video drivers, but to no avail. I don't really know where to go from here.

I also ran the SF Diagnostic tool, and attached the resulting folder.

A:BSOD when entering Sleep Mode on laptop, Windows 7 HP-32

Welcome aboard, Mike.

You may try to upgrade your DirectX.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 92d0b003, 97d72914, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!DXGDMM_VIDPNTOPOLOGY_INTERFACE_V1_IMPL::GetPathImportance+118 )

Followup: MachineOwner

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/250236-bsod-when-entering-sleep-mode-laptop-windows-7-hp-32-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

My computer randomly crash when i sleep the computer. normally, it should sleep and the power light should be off in 30 seconds, but when it crash, it takes 5 minutes and finally the computer shutdown instead of sleeping.

And the problem is... i can't have the screenshot of my bluescreen because it always happened when the screen is off....

if i opened memory.dmp with windbg ,it sayd "memory corruption"..... Here is my debug file generated by SF, i opened it with windbg(64 bit) and it says "Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+5a440 )" it seems a system application ,how could i solve it?

A:Windows 8 crash randomly when entering sleep mode

Same problem here but I leave mine on but when screen goes off windows BSOD.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/35693-windows-8-crash-randomly-when-entering-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Im using a toshiba laptop model s855-s5378 windows 8

Its not every time but a few times a week, when i shut my laptop to sleep/hibernate i come back to find a windows blue screen error when i restart it. It been happening rarely for long time, but its become more prevalent lately.
Using bluescreenview it reports ntoskrnl.exe+196722 DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
Research brings up dozens of reasons, but none connected to sleep/hibernate
i have been unable to read the detailed specifics of the memdump to get a more specific answer-minidmp file from last night attached

i have run a sfc /scannow it found some corrupt files but it did not fix the current issue

Any advice or possible solutions would be appreciated

A:Crashes when entering sleep/hibernate mode - Windows 8 x64

Hi -

Update your Realtek wifi driver -

Code:
2: kd> !irp fffffa800fd48690

Irp is active with 5 stacks 3 is current (= 0xfffffa800fd487f0)
No Mdl: No System Buffer: Thread 00000000: Irp stack trace.
cmd flg cl Device File Completion-Context
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-00000000

Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-00000000

Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>[ 16, 3] 0 0 fffffa800bd93050 00000000 00000000-00000000
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\rtwlane.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtwlane.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtwlane.sys
\Driver\RTWlanE
http://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=rtwlane.sys

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.16384 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp2_memdump122013-33859-01.zip\122013-33859-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*a:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff802`76c0d000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff802`76ed9a20
Debug session time: Fri Dec 20 02:46:04.281 2013 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:45:52.053
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
ERROR: FindPlugIns 8007007b
ERROR: Some plugins may not be available [8007007b]
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa80079d3880, fffff880009f67f0, fffffa800fd48690}

Probably caused by : pci.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
ERROR: FindPlugIns 8007007b
ERROR: Some plugins may not be available [8007007b]
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time (usually 10 minutes).
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa80079d3880, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff880009f67f0, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa800fd48690, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:
------------------

DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 3

IMAGE_NAME: pci.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 5010ab1f

MODULE_NAME: pci

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff88000f77000 pci

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

TAG_NOT_DEFINED_c000000f: FFFFF88... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/crashes-when-entering-sleep-hibernate-mode-windows-8-x64-767602.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I ve found a trojan on my pc and normally do not have to much trouble getting rid of found, Trojan when entering mode Windows safe reboots these things This one has me lost though When I to head into safe mode to begin removing the problem files the pc just reboots It will boot normally into windows So after a few days I m back to where i started I can t find the root I cannot remove it either Here is the hijack this scan Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP Trojan found, Windows reboots when entering safe mode SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System Trojan found, Windows reboots when entering safe mode smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS system CTXFIHLP EXE C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files UnHackMe hackmon exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Documents and Settings desktop Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www nhl com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO no name - e b - ab - ab - d d-be e e c a - C WINDOWS system MSCCTL dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimized O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run UnHackMe Monitor C Program Files UnHackMe hackmon exe O - Global Startup Google Updater lnk C Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra Tools menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink... Read more

Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys:

My aunt gave me her laptop to look at.  Unforturnately, I can't seem to look at much because it keeps freezing no matter what I attempt to do.  It gets to the Starting Windows screen with the Windows logo and then the hdd light turns off and it's frozen.  Same with Safe Mode.  The startup lines start scrolling by and then it freezes up.  I tried to let Windows Repair try to do its thing and that also freezes on a black screen.  Not sure what I can do besides reload the OS? 

It's a Dell Inspiron 15 (1564) laptop running or should I say, "Not running" Windows 7 Home 64-bit.  4gb's of memory.

I am at a loss here.  Do you think it's time to reload the OS?

Thanks

A:System freezes before entering Windows in normal and safe mode?

Try doing a Startup Repair on that computer...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503703/system-freezes-before-entering-windows-in-normal-and-safe-mode/
Relevancy 53.32%

great job microsoft anyway I'm trying to figure out what's in the latest windows 10 mobile fast ring 14327.1000 can anyone read whatever language this is in I guess this is the link I need I really really hate how bad bing is google isn't any better btw just saying http://answers.microsoft.com/zh-hans...ac6436a?auth=1 I'm only even at this forum because apparenlty this is the "official windows 10 forums" according to bing lol

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/47965-entering-windows-10-version-search-brings-up-dead-webpage-lol.html
Relevancy 52.46%

bit emachines desktop PC running Home Premium direct wire connection to a modem It boots normally it just doesn't connect to the internet Many of the services are disabled I have done a startup repair with and without a disk the CD we have is NOT from emachines - it's a standard Windows Home Premium do I Windows the services.msc Many in start Fix How - Services won't bit disk The repairs never find a problem I have done an sfc scannow No intefgrity violations were detected When I run services msc I see How do I Fix the Windows Services - Many in services.msc won't start that DHCP Client is not running When I attempt to start it I get that it could not start because the dependency service or group failed to start If I How do I Fix the Windows Services - Many in services.msc won't start go to How do I Fix the Windows Services - Many in services.msc won't start properties and click on Dependencies I get a Win error - the service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it I get the exact behavior when I try to start DNS Client There are no restore points available There are no viruses or malware according to TDSSKiller Malwarebytes and ComboFix When I try to use Internet Explorer I get the 'page cannot be displayed' When I then click on 'Diagnose Connection Problems' I get 'Troubleshooting Couldn't Identify the Problem ' There's about GB worht of music and videos on this PC and the idea of saving all that externally plus the drivers reinstalling and putting everything back is a lot of time and work I was looking for something that used to be available in Windows XP where you'd pop in the CD boot from it hit enter to do an install then after your OS was displayed you'd hit R do do a repair install Have they removed that feature in Windows Any other suggestions

A:How do I Fix the Windows Services - Many in services.msc won't start

You might be at the point where a Repair Install is in order:

Repair Install

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/278885-how-do-i-fix-windows-services-many-services-msc-wont-start.html
Relevancy 52.46%

On startup of Windows XP I continually get error message C:\windows\system32\services.services.exe. That error message is followed by another error message Desktop-Could not run or load C:\windows\system32\services.services.exe specified in the registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the refernce to in in the registry.

I am a beginner computer user so any help you can provide is appreciated.

Thank you.
New Mom

Relevancy 52.46%

I have recently been having alot of issues with my computer freezing and not being operable for long periods of time Mozzilla always hogs up virtual memory and I have to go in task manager and end process or restart pc I think I a may have a virus Can anyone help Attached is my hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes of Windows windows freezes time errors and periods long script c Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media Live TV TVAgent exe c Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media DVD DVDAgent exe c Program Files x Windows script errors and windows freezes long periods of time Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Samsung Kies KiesTrayAgent exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files x Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows script errors and windows freezes long periods of time Program Files x ooVoo ooVoo exe C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Pro DTAgent exe C Program Files x Samsung Kies Kies exe C Program Files x Samsung Kies External FirmwareUpdate KiesPDLR exe C Program Files x Philips Wi-Fi MediaConnect Wi-Fi MediaConnect exe C Users DDamage AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Windows script errors and windows freezes long periods of time Dropbox exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files x Real RealPlayer Update realsched exe C Program Files x Common Files Research In Motion USB Drivers RIMBBLaunchAgent exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files x HTC HTC Sync htcUPCTLoader exe C Program Files x Philips Wi-Fi MediaConnect HTSRecover exe C Windows SysWOW ctfmon exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqToaster exe C Program Files x Vuze Azureus exe C Program Files x Flock flock exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXE C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - FDDE B- F- -AB F- CBEFF - C Program Files x Windows Live Companion companioncore dll O - BHO no name - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - no file O - BHO Hello... Read more

A:Windows script errors and windows freezes long periods of time

specs.png   120.1KB
  0 downloads

My Specs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515781/windows-script-errors-and-windows-freezes-long-periods-of-time/
Relevancy 52.46%

hi all i have a problem when sect Windows video center with freezing entering media help need constantly that i really need fixed asap i recently had surgery and am currently in alot of pain and not that mobile i use my WMC via XboX to help me deal with all of it however it now freezes every time i go into the video section the music movie and everyother section works fine on the PC it freezes immediately and on the xbox it gives you about seconds before freezeing need help with Windows media center constantly freezing when entering video sect done the steps here http social answers microsoft com prof required event viewer info Log Name Application Source Application Error Date PM Event ID Task Category Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Deamonsbeast Description Faulting application name ehshell exe version time stamp x a bd Faulting module name quartz dll version time stamp x b c f Exception code xc Fault offset x ef Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x Faulting application path Faulting module path Report Id Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Deamonsbeast lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt ehshell exe lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt a bd lt Data gt lt Data gt quartz dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt b c f lt Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt ef lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt system specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation DP KG AAE - AZKG Antivirus Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled please help ive been to multiple forums with no real help

A:need help with Windows media center constantly freezing when entering video sect

no one can help here either?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/need-help-with-windows-media-center-constantly-freezing-when-entering-video-sect-530488.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Alrighty so this happened after i followed these steps from steamcommunity - gt Enable Kernel Integrity Kernel Integrity checks must be enabled to play on VAC secured servers To enable Kernel Integrity checks please follow the steps below Exit Steam Click the Start button then 'All Programs' and 'Accessories' Right-click on Command Prompt and click Run as administrator - Please note if you are running Windows you will need to press Windows Key X and select Command Prompt Admin In the command prompt type the following commands and press Enter after each command bcdedit deletevalue nointegritychecks bcdedit deletevalue loadoptions Restart your computer Launch Steam and test the issue again Turn off Kernel Debugging Kernel Debugging must be turned off to play on VAC secured servers To turn off Kernel Debugging please follow the steps below Exit Steam Click the Start button then 'All Programs' and 'Accessories' Right-click on Command Prompt and click Run as administrator - Please note if you are running Windows you will need to press Windows Key X and select Command Prompt Admin In the command prompt type the following command and press Enter bcdedit debug off Restart your computer Launch Steam and test the issue again Enable DEP Data Execution Prevention DEP must be enabled to play on VAC secured servers To restore DEP settings to default please follow the steps below Exit Steam Click the Start button then 'All Programs' and 'Accessories' Right-click on Command Prompt and click Run as administrator - Please note if you are running Windows you will need to press Windows Key X and select Command Prompt Admin In the command prompt type the following command and press Enter bcdedit deletevalue nx Restart your computer Launch Steam and test the issue again Restart your computer If this is mode. entering without in Enforc" Signature start Driver Cannot "Disable windows a problem for Cannot start windows without entering in "Disable Driver Signature Enforc" mode. you on all servers then you can try fixing this problem by exiting Steam and restarting your computer After restart i just get to automatic repair mode which in the end state that it couldn't be fixed and it want to send the information to Microsoft when i check the detailed log it says something about damaged or corrupted file Tried Cannot start windows without entering in "Disable Driver Signature Enforc" mode. to get on with Safe mode and all modes the only mode that worked to get into windows was the disable driver signature enforcement mode i googled some more and found this I have been dealing with this for over Cannot start windows without entering in "Disable Driver Signature Enforc" mode. a month and Dell may have helped me figure it out This is what I did that appears to have fixed my issue It appears the bcdedit solutions may not work from an elevated prompt with BitLocker or Secure Boot protection on This is my reply in my support ticket Dell wanted me to try something before formatting and reinstalling OS They stated that the reason I couldn't apply all the fixes such as the first post in this topic was that secure boot was enabled in the bios So in order to apply the bcdedit commands I needed to disabled secure boot in the bios boot options and restart Upon restart all the commands worked and I was informed to restart the computer and turn secure boot back on I noticed many on the web and Steam community experienced the same error when applying the fixes you provide one being 'bcdedit' is not recognized as an operable program or batch file and the other an error has occurred setting the element data The value is protected by secure boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted The solution for me was to do the steps described above by Dell as it was the bios setting blocking the bcdedit changes Steam required for VAC I suggest adding this line Note Before setting BCDEdit options you might need to disable or suspend BitLocker and Sec... Read more

A:Cannot start windows without entering in "Disable Driver Signature Enforc" mode.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573283/cannot-start-windows-without-entering-in-disable-driver-signature-enforc-mode/
Relevancy 52.46%

This issue has become specific as fixing one problem led to the other I deleted ntuser files while working in linux logging off issue 7 Windows corru - profiles entering Shows after User as they had ugly looking file extensions and I thought they are temporary files I started getting the message quot The Group Policy Client service failed the logon Access denied quot This Windows 7 User profiles issue - Shows logging off after entering corru was the only user profile on my windows part I Windows 7 User profiles issue - Shows logging off after entering corru started looking on the Internet Windows 7 User profiles issue - Shows logging off after entering corru for solutions I stumbled upon a solution to remove the sid field from the Registry ENtry quot HLM Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList quot After this when I login to the profile it shows quot logging off quot screen instantaneously My Present situation I can logon to this profile in Safe Mode I can make a new user profile and login to that profile in normal mode Non safe mode However I get old and trivial user settings and my stored passwords are gone I desperately want to revive my earlier User Profile Please give some suggestion based on my situation

A:Windows 7 User profiles issue - Shows logging off after entering corru

Why would you expect Win7 to function correctly when you set about ruining it like that? Did you even create a System Restore point before acting so recklessly?

That's the first thing I'd check, working back before you ruined your install to a working configuration if System Restore will even run from the disk System Recovery Options .

If that fails, try SFC /SCANNOW Run in Command Prompt at Boot
from the Win7 disk or Repair CD System Recovery Options Command Line.

You may need to rescue your files and do a Clean Reinstall Windows 7 which will assure you get and keep a perfect install as long as you stick with only the tools and methods in the tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/360169-windows-7-user-profiles-issue-shows-logging-off-after-entering-corru.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Dear all Here are my PC specs - Windows Applications too PC taking down long load to long - shut taking to too Ultimate - bit GB Ram Sata Hard Disks of GB and GB both of which are relatively empty Radeon HD Graphics Card Antivirus - Microsoft Security Essentials Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-A M-UD Applications taking too long to load - PC taking too long to shut down H CPU - AMD A - GHZ Off late my PC takes way too long to start any application At times even if I click on a folder it doesn't open and finally the PC gives me the 'Wait or Close' option Even while switching off the PC it takes a long time I clean my PC regularly and run scans from time to time The PC doesn't show any virus or malware as of now Any suggestions what I can do I assembled it not more than years ago and it's started behaving like this off late Also at times my GB hard disk doesn't show up under my computer I have to open my cabinet and tighten the SATA and Power cable and then it shows up again Any help will be appreciated

A:Applications taking too long to load - PC taking too long to shut down

Quote: Originally Posted by kanhaiya91

I clean my PC regularly and run scans from time to time. The PC doesn't show any virus or malware as of now.

Any suggestions what I can do? I assembled it not more than 2 years ago and it's started behaving like this off late.

Also, at times my 320 GB hard disk doesn't show up under my computer. I have to open my cabinet and tighten the SATA and Power cable and then it shows up again.

Tell us the details of how you "clean my PC". What do you do exactly and how often?

Have you checked running processes or services through Task Manager when it seems to be slow?

The drive issue may be the cause. Have you tried another cable or connecting the hard drive to another port?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/371045-applications-taking-too-long-load-pc-taking-too-long-shut-down.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello everyone I was just wondering if anyone has the solution to this problem It keeps on comming up on my computer I am so fed up with it I am fixing to switch over to Windows XP for some reason when I installed my windows Vista the first time everything looked fine except when services and Vista clos stopped was Windows Ultimate Host working windows process for the update screen came up it indicated that I had updates so I clicked installed and then it said downloaded intalled and failed the Windows Vista Ultimate Host process for windows services stopped working and was clos it gave me and error code I re installed Vista times thinking that was the problem Now I finally downloaed all the updates one at a time some of them I had to restart my machines Windows Vista Ultimate Host process for windows services stopped working and was clos several times Now I get this Windows Services Stopped Working and was closed Then sometimes I get a blue screen something about memory dumping I am not sure what all of that is I Windows Vista Ultimate Host process for windows services stopped working and was clos need help the only thing I have done to the Windows is installed all of the Windows Dream Scene and the Steam and downloaed Half Life and it did not work I tries uninstalling Steam program and it said that the unistaller was not installed correctly therefore it cannot unistalled the program then I got another update something about HID- Data filter something like that once it installed successfull then more and more the blue screen and the Windows Service has stopped message Please help nbsp

A:Windows Vista Ultimate Host process for windows services stopped working and was clos

Hey, if you are thinking about switching to windows XP DO IT. i almost have the same problem as you do..i bought my computer in august, brand new and i have had problems with vista since i got it. My problem now is, host process for windows services has stopped working, and i cannot figure out the solution. I brought it to best buy and they said that it would cost 200 dollars to fix. They said that the computer has 4 processors and only 3 are working and that one is corrupt. He said it just happens and that nothing that i did occured it. So i dont know what to do, but if i figure it out i will let you know!!
Jason

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-ultimate-host-process-for-windows-services-stopped-working-and-was-clos.638952/
Relevancy 52.03%

hi all video Windows freezing sect with need entering center asap media help when constantly i have a problem that i really need fixed asap i recently had surgery and am currently in alot of pain and need help asap with Windows media center constantly freezing when entering video sect not that mobile i use my WMC via XboX to help me deal with all of it however it now freezes every need help asap with Windows media center constantly freezing when entering video sect time i go into the video section the music movie and everyother section works fine on the PC it freezes immediately and on the xbox it gives you about seconds before freezeing done the steps here http social answers microsoft com ed -f - b - ab- ac b need help asap with Windows media center constantly freezing when entering video sect prof required event viewer info Log Name Application Source Application Error Date PM Event ID Task Category Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Deamonsbeast Description Faulting application name ehshell exe version time stamp x a bd Faulting module name quartz dll version time stamp x b c f Exception code xc Fault offset x ef Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x Faulting application path Faulting module path Report Id Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Deamonsbeast lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt ehshell exe lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt a bd lt Data gt lt Data gt quartz dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt b c f lt Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt ef lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt system specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation DP KG AAE - AZKG Antivirus Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:need help asap with Windows media center constantly freezing when entering video sect

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-asap-with-windows-media-center-constantly-freezing-when-entering-video-sect.964031/
Relevancy 52.03%

Vista Home Premium. Pentium 4 Dual Core. 1 GB RAM.

The Windows Event Log service does not start even though it is set for AUtomatic load. It will not even start when I go into Services and try to start it manually.
The error message is:
Windows could not start the Windows Event Log Service on Local Computer.
Error 1079: The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process.

The Network connection the Internet does not start at boot time. Instead I have to click Diagnose & Repair and then click Restart the DHCP client service. Then it works.

The Windows Audio Service does not start at bootup even though the service is set for AUtomatic load. I have to go into Services and start it manually. Then it works.

A:Windows Services Not Starting and parts of Windows System not operating

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-services-not-starting-and-parts-of-windows-system-not-operating.839963/
Relevancy 52.03%

For the past hours I've been having Process working" Windows "Host stopped has on Services Windows 8... for issues with my PC Whenever I type there's a bit of lag then svchost exe crashes Here's the problem signature from typing this post "Host Process for Windows Services has stopped working" on Windows 8... if it helps any Problem Event "Host Process for Windows Services has stopped working" on Windows 8... Name APPCRASH Application Name svchost exe Application Version Application Timestamp f f e Fault Module Name StackHash e Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp Exception Code c Exception Offset PCH FROM ntdll x E A OS Version Locale ID Additional Information e Additional Information e f da d bca c c a Additional Information fbb Additional Information fbb bd c d e bc And here's a DDS log I did from a bit earlier DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Nathan at on - - Microsoft Windows Pro GMT - AV AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Outdated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD AV Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Outdated B F C - - E- - BB D A Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows system atiesrxx exeC Windows system dwm exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system atieclxx exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Autodesk Inventor Moldflow bin mitsijm exeC Windows system dashost exeC Program Files x HTC Internet Pass-Through PassThruSvr exeC Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exeC ProgramData Razer Synapse Devices Razer Surround Driver RzMaelstromVADStreamingService exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System WUDFHost exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNetC Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Program Files x ASRock Utility AXTU Bin AsrXTU exeC Program Files x MSI Afterburner MSIAfterburner exeC Windows system taskhostex exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exeC Users Nathan AppData Local FluxSoftware Flux flux exeC Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exeC Program Files x Gyazo GyStation exeC Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exeC Users Nathan AppData Local Programs Google MusicManager MusicManager exeC Users Nathan AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exeC Users Nathan AppData Roaming srs exeC Program Files x Razer Synapse RzSynapse exeC Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files x Browny Brother BrStMonW exeC Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exeC Program Files x Browny BrYNSvc exeC Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files x foobar foobar exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome ... Read more

A:"Host Process for Windows Services has stopped working" on Windows 8...

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/515538 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515538/host-process-for-windows-services-has-stopped-working-on-windows-8/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a strange problem my Windows update is unable to connect to the Windows the Services Internet Windows Update unable like to connect to Internet to download updates Norton was also unable to do so and I had to install Avast I have also noted Norton detecting many Heuristic viruses which it was unable Windows Services like Windows Update unable to connect to the Internet to remove in my system folder and thats why I think this Windows Services like Windows Update unable to connect to the Internet problem is caused due to a malware Here is my HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes D Windows system Dwm exe D Windows Explorer Windows Services like Windows Update unable to connect to the Internet EXE D Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe D Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe D Program Files Keyboard Manager Manager Utility KeyboardManager exe D Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe D Windows system taskeng exe D Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe D Windows System rundll exe D Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe D Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe D Users Shantam AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe D Windows ehome ehtray exe D Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe D Program Files RALINK Common RaUI exe D Windows System rundll exe D Windows ehome ehmsas exe D Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe D Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe D Windows System mobsync exe D Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe D Windows explorer exe D Users Shantam Downloads HiJackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - D Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - D Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - D Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - D Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl D Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run Skytel D Program Files Realtek Audio HDA Skytel exe O - HKLM Run Keyboard Manager Utility quot D Program Files Keyboard Manager Manager Utility KeyboardManager exe quot lang en H O - HKLM Run SMSERIAL D Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh D Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run NvSvc RUNDLL EXE D Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStart O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE D Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE D Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run avast D PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKCU Run Sidebar D Program Files Windows Sidebar sid... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-services-like-windows-update-unable-to-connect-to-the-internet.805243/
Relevancy 52.03%

hello,

"C:\Windows\System32\services.exe, Trojan horse Patched_c.LXT, Object is white-listed (critical/system file that should not be removed)"

thats what it says on my avg scanner.

no idea how to remove it

help?

thanks!

Relevancy 52.03%

The audio of my laptop(DELL 1520) is disable. I found what is problem. There are two service (Windows Audio Endpoint Builder and Windows Audio ) that should be enable or started. But,I can't start their,I get error when i want to start Windows Audio Endpoint Builder,you can to see this error in follow:

I try some solutions in this forum and other forum, but i still have the problem.
please help me
tanks a lot

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/382087-i-cant-start-windows-audio-endpoint-builder-services-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Guys Services of Auto-Update...Windows lot 7 not Windows after responding A Windows auto-updated last night and left me with a big mess today A lot of windows services are not responding at all will not open some freeze ect It all started with windows getting stuck at the blue screen something along the lines of preparing windows ect do A lot of Windows Services not responding after Auto-Update...Windows 7 not shut down It kept looping on restart I got it to finally get to windows but Windows Update does not open at all System Restore Opens but I apparently do not have any restore points Safe Mode with Network boots to a black screen safe mode in all corners though Microsoft excel does not open Cannot uninstall Microsoft starter I deleted all files under c gt windows gt softwaredistribution gt download I downloaded the service pack manually from Microsoft website the exe file will not run at all So there it is I can browse the internet but most windows services do not run Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:A lot of Windows Services not responding after Auto-Update...Windows 7

Download Windows 7 Services Repair to your desktop.
Important that this tool is on Desktop!
Right Click Run as Administrator.
Type 2 into the CMD window, hit enter.
Allow it to complete.
Then type 3 into the Command window, hit enter.
Allow that to complete as well.
Then reboot your machine.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607600/a-lot-of-windows-services-not-responding-after-auto-updatewindows-7/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Guys Windows auto-updated last night and left me with a big mess today A lot of windows services are not responding at all will not open some freeze ect It all started with windows getting stuck at the blue screen something along the lines of preparing windows ect do not shut down It kept looping on restart I got it to finally get to windows but Windows Update does not open at all System Restore Opens but I apparently do not have any restore points Safe Mode with Network boots to a black screen safe mode in all corners though Microsoft excel does not open Cannot uninstall Microsoft starter I deleted all files under c gt windows gt softwaredistribution gt download I downloaded the service pack manually from Microsoft website the exe file will not run at all So there it is I can browse the internet but most windows services do not run Any help would A not after Auto-Update...Windows lot 7 Services Windows of responding be greatly appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/392924-lot-windows-services-not-responding-after-auto-update-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Please HELP I ran Avast virus scan two days ago and it Services.exe, and C:\Windows\Installer Desktop.ini Windows ( infected 7 said that I had about infected files All of these files were from Windows Installer eo dbd - a - b the last remaining viruses it picked up were quot Desktop ini quot and quot Services exe quot I successfully deleted the Windows Installer Trojans but it was not able to delete the Services exe or Desktop ini I did not think much of it until today when I started up my computer and it froze Now every time I restart it freezes as soon as I click on the desktop I tried to restore it from a previous version from two days ago and managed to do it successfully but a few hours later Windows 7 infected ( Services.exe, C:\Windows\Installer and Desktop.ini the exact same thing happens it just freezes I also tried getting a clean quot services exe quot file from my other computer which also has Windows on it and switching it with the bad one I re named the bad one and copied the good one while in safe mode absolutely nothing happened it still freezes on startup Please help I have a lot of important files on my computer and I do not have backup nbsp

A:Windows 7 infected ( Services.exe, C:\Windows\Installer and Desktop.ini

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-infected-services-exe-c-windows-installer-and-desktop-ini.1094125/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a very strange problem hope someone has the answer to this one On my new Windows CPU a little red x appears next the the speaker icon every time I closed down certain programs The programs I use that cause this to happen are Publisher FrontPage yes I still use that for some older web sites I work on and yes Solitaire XP All of these are XP programs but all work fine in Win I can easily get the sound to work by clicking the speaker icon and letting the Fix wizard fix it-takes just a few seconds Below is the error message I get Any ideas on Audio/Windows Point Windows Services crash End how I can stop this from happening other than not using the programs I mentioned Playing Audio Publisher Windows Audio/Windows End Point Services crash details Issues found One or more audio service isn't running Both the Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services must be running for audio to work correctly Atleast one of these services isn't running Fixed Start required audio services Completed Potential issues that were checked Check audio deviceCheck audio device There might be a problem with your audio device Issue not present Audio device is disabledAudio device is disabled The audio device you selected is currently Windows Audio/Windows End Point Services crash turned off in Windows Issue not present Low audio device volumeLow audio device volume Audio device volume might be too low to hear Issue not present Audio device mutedAudio device muted Audio can't play if the device is muted Issue not present Audio device isn't set as defaultAudio device isn't set as default The default audio device is usually used to play or record sounds on your computer Issue not present The speaker headset or headphone is unpluggedThe speaker headset or headphone is unplugged An audio device must be plugged in to play or record sound Issue not present Issues found Detection details One or more audio service isn't running Fixed Both the Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services must be running for audio to work correctly Atleast one of these services isn't running Start required audio services Completed Start the Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services Potential issues that were checked Detection details Check audio device Issue not present There might be a problem with your audio device Audio device is disabled Issue not present The audio device you selected is currently turned off in Windows Device state State information about the audio device State Enabled Status code Help link DEVICE STATE XXX Constants Low audio device volume Issue not present Audio device volume might be too low to hear Volume level Level of volume used for audio playback Volume Audio device muted Issue not present Audio can't play if the device is muted Audio device isn't set as default Issue not present The default audio device is usually used to play or record sounds on your computer The speaker headset or headphone is unplugged Issue not present An audio device must be plugged in to play or record sound Detection details Audio endpoint Type of audio device being diagnosed Endpoint Speakers Headphones Headset Earphone Installed audio devices This file contains the details stored in the registry for all installed audio devices File Name Registry log reg Collection information Computer Name PETERSENDESKTOP Windows Version Architecture amd Time Monday September PM Publisher details Sound Troubleshoot problems that prevent your computer from playing or recording sound Package Version Publisher Microsoft Windows Playing Audio Play sounds and other audio such as music files Package Version Publisher Microsoft Corporation Hardware and Devices Use hardware and access devices connected to your computer Package Version Publisher Microsoft Windows

A:Windows Audio/Windows End Point Services crash

I'm on the run and can't fully digest your problem right now. But, I have Office 2003 Professional and FrontPage 2003 installed (and I use that to manage a couple of web sites) and it is not causing any sound problem on my new Win 7 64 bit system that has RealTek audio.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/250750-windows-audio-windows-end-point-services-crash.html
Relevancy 50.74%

this is a previous post on your Windows load wont \$Windows-BT\Windows\System32\winload.efi site i have a similar problem with a few differences Hi Windows wont load \$Windows-BT\Windows\System32\winload.efi all Short version is that I bought a new Hp laptop with pre-installed Windows Didn t like Windows wont load \$Windows-BT\Windows\System32\winload.efi W for many reasons so tried to install windows according to guided installation instructions from a techie site google took me to The installation stopped after minutes referring to a driver issue I believe and I had to revert to loading Windows wont load \$Windows-BT\Windows\System32\winload.efi up using Windows again to get out of the dos error screen Now the system tells me how I get inconsistent blue screens although I don t physically see a blue screen and every day I boot up it reverts to the Windows Boot Manager screen telling me a recent hardware or software change has resulted in something missing damaged etc Additional message when in the Boot Manager reads File Windows-BT Windows System winload efi Status xc Info the digital signature for this file could not be verified Although Im not an expert it seems to me that the file path mentioned above relates to the part installation of windows - if so how can I remove the part installation clean the system up and reluctantly return to W btw - unable to get help from Windows or Samsung so far quot quot My problem is the same as this person except I can not log into windows at all All i get is HP with a little loading spiral at the bottom i left it alone for days on and it never loaded windows I was able to get to a command propt by pressing F when the computer starts going to repair computer then troubleshoot then advanced setting and got this info Windows Boot Manager -------------------- identifier bootmgr device partition Device HarddiskVolume path EFI Microsoft Boot bootmgfw efi description Windows Boot Manager locale en-US inherit globalsettings default default resumeobject bd a b-efb - e - -dd e a fce displayorder a - - a -ac f-e fb d default toolsdisplayorder memdiag timeout Windows Setup ------------- identifier a - - a -ac f-e fb d device partition C path WINDOWS BT Windows system winload efi description Windows Setup locale en-US inherit bootloadersettings osdevice partition C systemroot WINDOWS BT Windows nx OptOut detecthal Yes winpe Yes Windows Boot Loader ------------------- identifier default device partition C path windows system winload efi description Windows locale en-US inherit bootloadersettings recoverysequence Current recoveryenabled Yes isolatedcontext Yes allowedinmemorysettings x osdevice partition C systemroot windows resumeobject bd a b-efb - e - -dd e a fce nx OptIn bootmenupolicy Standard C windows system gt please help me nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Here is the complete details and error message Generic Host Process for Win Services Generic Host Process for Win Services error long for Process Services. for Generic time. this a I Win32 been Host receiving has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience Please tell Microsoft about this problem We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve Generic Host Process for Win Services We will treat this report as confidential and anyonymous To see what data this error report contains click here Error signature szAppName svchost exe szAppVer szModName ntdll dll szModVer offset fea Reporting details This error report includes information regarding the condition of Generic Host Generic Host Process for Win32 Services. I been receiving this error for a long time. Process for Win Services when Generic Host Process for Win32 Services. I been receiving this error for a long time. the problem occured the operating system version and computer hardware in use and the Internet Protocol IP address of your computer We do not intentionaly collect your name address email address or any other form of personally identifiable inforation However the error report may contain customer-specific information in the collected data files While this information could potentially be used to determine your identity if present it will not be used The data that we collect will only be used to fix the problem If more information is available we will tell you when you report the problem This error Generic Host Process for Win32 Services. I been receiving this error for a long time. report will be sent using a secure connection to a database with a limited access and will not be used for marketing purposes To view technical information about the error report click here To see our data collection policy on the web click heer The following files will be included in this error report C DOCUME WILLIA WAL LOCALS Temp WERf c dir svchost exe mdmp C DOCUME WILLIA WAL LOCALS Temp WERf c dir appcompat txt If I can't get this problem resolved I am going to go to microsoft and tell them about it I have been receiving it for the longest time First when I was on the Windows Classic Theme Then I went back to the regular Windows XP theme and it worked just fine for a week or longer Now I keep receiving that same error over and over again I can't even use the sound either when I boot my computer and receive this error I only receive it when I boot my computer I sometimes have to reboot it a few times before the error goes away Also sometimes I don't know if this is vital or not but I click on the sound icon next to the clock once and over a million of them pop up about in a minute or so I really do think there is a problem I even have bad internet connection speeds I keep getting achieving no higher than a kbs connection

A:Generic Host Process for Win32 Services. I been receiving this error for a long time.

After installing the latest Microsoft security updates [Fixes MS05-012, Security Update 873333], you may receive a "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Error", and file names for email attachments may not display correctly, please go to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/894391 for the fix.

You could also try going to Windows Update site, they may have the patch included already in updates.

Also, if that doesnt resolve it, this could be a sign of the blaster worm. Go to this link and get the removal tool
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ven...oval.tool.html

Read this too:
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;833330

After removing you will need the patch, get it here
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS03-026.mspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/generic-host-process-for-win32-services-i-been-receiving-this-error-for-a-long-time-99319.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi My AVG keeps detecting the Generic CEMU Generic ZCS and Luhe Sirefef A trojans in the following folders and I cannot delete them Trojaner Generic CEMU c Windows Installer e e ec d- -de c- f - a c d U Infiziert Trojaner Generic ZCS c Windows Installer e e ec d- -de c- f - a c d U Infiziert Luhe Sirefef A gefunden c Windows Installer e e ec d- -de c- f - a c d U c:\Windows\system32\services.exe in Windows 64 /Patched.a Infiziert They seem to have infected the services exe and I cannot remove this with AVG I'm not a PC illiterate but it isn't my mothertongue either I would be very grateful for every help Here I Windows 64 /Patched.a in c:\Windows\system32\services.exe have the DDS and MBAM logs Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Datenbank Version v Windows Service Pack x NTFS Internet Explorer Scede SCEDE-PC Administrator mbam-log- - - - - txt Art des Suchlaufs Quick-Scan Aktivierte Suchlaufeinstellungen Speicher Autostart Registrierung Dateisystem Heuristiks Extra HeuristiKs Shuriken PUP PUM Deaktivierte Suchlaufeinstellungen P P Durchsuchte Objekte Laufzeit Minute Sekunde Infizierte Speicherprozesse Keine b sartigen Objekte gefunden Infizierte Speichermodule Keine b sartigen Objekte gefunden Infizierte Registrierungsschl ssel Keine b sartigen Objekte gefunden Infizierte Registrierungswerte Keine b sartigen Objekte gefunden Infizierte Dateiobjekte der Registrierung Keine b sartigen Objekte gefunden Infizierte Verzeichnisse Keine b sartigen Objekte gefunden Infizierte Dateien C Recycle Bin S- - - - - - - R D Trojan FakeMS - gt Erfolgreich gel scht und in Quarant ne gestellt C Windows Installer e e ec d- -de c- f - a c d U cb Rootkit Access - gt Erfolgreich gel scht und in Quarant ne gestellt Ende DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Scede at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated B F C - - E- - BB D A FW AVG Internet Security Disabled AFA E - CDC- EF - EE-C C ABA Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey ASLDRSrv exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x ASUS InstantOn for NB InsOnSrv exe C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite adminservice exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgidsagent exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar BBSvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Management Engine Components FWService IntelMeFWService exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Program Files x CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite Ath CoexAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgemca exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program File... Read more

A:Windows 64 /Patched.a in c:\Windows\system32\services.exe

Hello Scede,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.

Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.
   If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing.
   Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean".
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Follow This Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Follow This Topic. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.

Finally, please reply using the Post  button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.
  I will be analyzing your log. I will get back to you with instructions.  Do you have a USB Flash Drive you can use?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496229/windows-64-patcheda-in-cwindowssystem32servicesexe/
Relevancy 50.31%

HI, i have taken out IE9 & my computer reverted back to its original IE8. The problem i have now is it takes ages to load a page is there any other progrrame i also have to install. Thanks.

A:to long to load

Try safe mode and if you can get it to work in safe mode use a restore point to before you uninstalled it. You might just have to deal with IE 9 or use an alternative such as Firefox, Chrome, Opera, or Safari.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/293601-long-load.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Windows Xp Doesnt Wanna Load I Gotta Restart To Make It To Load Before the repair it didnt wanna load at all - also I have some hard drive issues that got cut off and came our weird sorry ---------------------------------------------- OK Im gonna explain what happened step by step cause Im not sure whats important I dont understand very much about this stuff I hope someone more expirienced then me will help me out Im using windows xp proffessional version OK It first happened while I was surfing online I was surfing on sites that I can say are pretty much safe but at the same time I was running either AVG antivurus or their AVG antispyware not sure which one I Load, To It To Doesnt Wanna Windows Gotta Xp Restart Load Make of the two At some point when the scanning was on my E hard drive windows is on my C hard drive the computer froze and naturally I restarted But windows didnt wanna start after the restart it kept giving these messeges windows didnt shut down properly and it asked me to choose to start it in safe or normal or etc mode I tried every type of start mode it didnt work Windows wouldnt load and u know that line where windows loads would move a while and Windows Xp Doesnt Wanna Load, I Gotta Restart To Make It To Load then stop no responce no nothing So I tried restaring several times Same thing widnows didnt start properly last time choose a mode after I choose it loaded for a while but then stopped So I took it to the repair the re-installed my windows Now when I wanna start it it runs properly doesnt ask me to choose windows loads for a while but fails to load again I try restart and then it works But I gotta restart it every time Say I shut down my computer now I gotta start it and wait for it to fail once then restart it and then it loads properly Now about the antiviruses programs part While running AVG antispyware I kept getting messeges like - this file is not readable do a disk check chk dsk So I tried to do a disk check I went to my E hard drive choose properties then tools then error checking and check the boxes and click start But it took so long An hour and mins passed and it wasnt done even of the total hard drive BTW my hard drive is only gb but I have a lot of files stored on it especially websites html files Just as a comparison my AVG antivirus takes hours to scan my entire computer hard drive gb each so total and my AVG spyware tooks mins to h and most of the time they pass scanning my E hard drive I needed the computer urgently so I had to stop the scan after hour and mins and besides it looked stuck So I restarted the computer cause that was the only way to stop it and now I get a messege on every startup windows scans my E drive I know thats probably caused by me stopping it by restart so its now stuck but it can also signal a failing drive Another thing about the antispyware and antivirus programs the times so far when my computer froze it happened while I was scanning with either avg antivirus and avg antispyware and it happened while they were scanning my E hard drive Also I said already that my avg antispyware said some of my files on E are unreadable Looks like there is smth on my E hard drive maybe bad sectors or malware thats a low possibility cause i did several scans besides the times when my computer froze and they didnt detect anything Its weird how smtimes I do a scan and it goes ok but other times it freezes so it doesnt freeze on every scan So basically I start the computer and windows doesnt load properly It takes me to the screen where it says that its scanning my E drive but it scans and gets stuck there Then I restart it again and now it loads then it does a lil scan of my E hard drive and its little it doesnt take more then mins how can a disk check be so fast I waited for my C hard drive scan for a lot longer than that BTW I did a disk check on my C drive and then I wanted to do one on my E hard drive it took ages but my c drive has free gb out of gb and my E hard drive has ... Read more

A:Windows Xp Doesnt Wanna Load, I Gotta Restart To Make It To Load

Are you able to boot in safe mode? It seems like you might have a conflict with the program wanting to run at start up..
My first suggestion is to boot safe mode, then remove your AV.. See if that helps..
Also, do you have more than one anti-virus program installed?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88845/windows-xp-doesnt-wanna-load-i-gotta-restart-to-make-it-to-load/
Relevancy 49.88%

I dont know if this is posted in the right area but I'm so desperate to get my laptop working its unreal First it started off with my laptop crashing I had totally forgot it needed to do a windows update and turned off my laptop in hopes that it would work properly After that my laptop has not been working The machine turns on and gives me two options Start windows normally or do a repair Upon starting windows normally it loads so far before sending me back to refuses and windows to load system 7 wont load repair the two options of windows 7 refuses to load and system repair wont load start windows normally or repair On the second time I clicked repair My laptop then goes so far before presenting me with a blue screen that is usually the screen where my accounts are The cursor still moves but it loads no further even after leaving it an hour I decided to make a repair disk hoping that the problem was because of windows the disk loads gives me a choice on the keyboard language then does nothing I honestly have no idea what to do I want to keep all the files safe on my computer as I havent backed them up and I have worked so hard on the projects someone please help

A:windows 7 refuses to load and system repair wont load

Do a hardware/software reset with your BIOS:Shut down and turn off the computer.
Unplug the computer from the wall or surge protector (then remove the battery if it is a laptop).
"Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station, disconnect
cables to printers or devices such as external monitors, USB memory sticks or SD cards, headset or external speakers, mouse or auxiliary keyboard, turn off WIFI and Bluetooth wireless devices." (Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues HP Pavilion dv5000 Notebook PC series - HP Customer Care (United States - English))
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds. This closes the circuit and ensures all
power from components is drained to clear the software connections between the BIOS
and hardware and clear any corruption in the temporary memory.
(If it is a laptop, plug the battery back into the laptop and then) Plug the computer back into the wall. Do not reconnect any unnecessary peripherals; monitor, keyboard,
and mouse should suffice and be the only peripherals reconnected.
Turn it on to reinitialize the software connections between the BIOS and hardware

After doing those steps, clear your CMOS by entering the BIOS (see your system manual for steps to enter the BIOS), going to the EXIT screen, and loading setup/optimized defaults.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236921-windows-7-refuses-load-system-repair-wont-load.html
Relevancy 49.45%

hi everyone I have this issue with thumbnails of photos taking a very long time to load when I open too load to take long thumbnails a folder in windows explorer I mean a really long time like minutes for a folder that contains say pictures And this happens all the time regardless of what else may be running and regardless of what size thumbnails I select What's weird too is that if I have an external harddrive hookep up through a USB or and open a folder in windows explorer with a similar number of pictures those thumbnails load normal fast So it's only slow when it's reading thumbnails from my internal harddrive Otherwise I don't believe my internal drive is slow as everything else like launching programs etc works fine Can anyone tell me why this is happening It's really annoying btw I'm on an Envy laptop i gigs RAM gig hars drive Win home premium But I don't think my system config matters since as I said thumbnails load fine when reading from an external drive Please help thank you

A:thumbnails take too long to load

Hi Envy,

There are a few things you could try:

1. Is your internal hard disk heavily fragmented?
Heavily fragmented hard disks cause slower access times, although you would notice this with other file types too. Please follow the instructions in this tutorial, and let us know the outcome.

Disk Defragmenter - Open and Use

2. Has disk indexing being turned off?
Disk indexing allows faster search times for files in Explorer (I'm unsure if this could be the issue but please follow it up). Please follow this tutorial and let us know if it helps.

Index - Enable or Disable - Vista Forums

Another thing you can try, is to open up Task Manager, and watch which processes are utilising resources whilst you attempt to open one of those thumbnails. You can get more information on what is going on by usinjg Resource Manager too:

Resource Monitor

Lastly, can you tell us which anti-virus software are you using at the moment? We need to make sure you have at least something installed and running, and that the symptoms you describe are not virus-related.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/170507-thumbnails-take-too-long-load.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have had this computer for a little while and never had a problem. i recently put in a new graphics card, 8800 gts ssc, now when i start my computer it hangs for like 15 mins on the green loading bar. it used to be like 30 secs. anyone else have this problem, or atleast a way to fix it?

A:long load times

Hi Smack119,

You could checkout this thread: ReBoot Time

It might help you out...
Steven

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/154929-long-load-times.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I don't know if this can be helped but i'm having a hard time loading "My Computer". As soon as I click on the "My Computer" icon, a flash light animation appears. So i'm assuming it's looking for "My Computer". Anyhow, It takes aproxmately one minute for "My Computer" to be found. Thus, this makes it hard to see hard drives and removable drives. I know there are shortcuts but I want this My Computer to work. Any suggestions?

A:My Computer - Long Load.

I had the same issue and found it to be mapped network drives that were no longer active. Each time I opened My Computer it would search the network for the shared mapped drives, sometimes taking up to 4 minutes to finally open. Once I right clicked on the old mapped drives and chose disconnect, My Computer icon would open up immediately. If you don't have any mapped drives, it could be looking for something that is a short cut and which is no longer active.

Hope this solves your issue. Let the forum know if it works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-long-load.585540/
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm a new member and I'd just like to say hello to everyone I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong section or for anything else I'm just having a small computer problem long load times. XP and was wondering if you guys could help me out I recently purchased a XP long load times. new computer Alienware ALX System Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Build Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU Ghz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page file MB used MB available DirectX Version DirectX c Display Name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Chip Type GeForce GTX DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC Approx Total Memory MB Current Display Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Moniter Name Realtek AC Audio Now I've had this PC for a couple of days its a gaming PC- been playing Bioshock and Fear but recently I've noticed that its been taking forever to load into Windows its got a GB drive Last time it took me over minutes just load into Windows when I first got PC it took about seconds or to load Is it the games that are slowing down the PC or is it something else Other then the games I've installed AntiVir Classic Edition and World of Warcraft The system is equipped with liquid cooling and has a temp monitor On average its temp is c when I play games like Bioshock it jumps to c Is it overheating Are the games hurting the system Need some help thanks

A:XP long load times.

try disabling startup items

click on start and then run. type msconfig and then click ok.
click on startup tab at the top right handside and there would be number of options with checkboxes next to them.

either u disable unwanted startup items or try to disable all by clicking on disable all button in the bottom. click on apply and then close. restart when it ask for that.
once back check the box in the bottom in system configuration utility window which says dont show this message again and click ok.

this will not delete anything.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-long-load-times-202548.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello months ago I went from an Nvidia GT load CoD map Long MW2, times to CoD MW2, Long map load times an ATI I ve been regretting it ever since Everything generally performs worse compared to Nvidia Unfortunately I gave it to my friend as a birthday gift and I d hate to take it away from him he upgraded from his on-board mb card that could hardly run CoD What was CoD MW2, Long map load times most notable was the HORRID framerate on certain maps regarding that ATI card issue with the water Fixed that framerate was tolerable and still is sort of Onto the actual problem It takes FAR too long to load a map It takes up to an entire minute and a half to load a single map given that the connection doesn t time out beforehand I can t CoD MW2, Long map load times play It s stressing me the hell out and I don t know what to do I ve defragged my computer reinstalled MW took days to download and freed up plenty of space I m running out of ideas help Thanks very much in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cod-mw2-long-map-load-times.950507/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello All.

When I click on my IE logo from the desktop, it opens the browser window, but then 3-6 minutes to connect to the internet.

I am running an HP with Xp.

Any possible help ?

A:Ie6 Long Load Time

Welcome to Bleeping Computer hoagart,Try clearing old files and settings;Click on Tools.Select Internet Options.Click the General tab.Click the Delete Files button.When the box opens, put a check in Delete All Offline Content.Click Okay.Click Delete Cookies. When you are prompted to confirm this selection, click Okay.Click Settings.Click View Objects.Click View, and then click Details.If Damaged appears in the Status column for any program file, remove that program file.Close the Downloaded Program Files dialog box.In the Settings dialog box, click OK .Under History, click Clear History, and then click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the selection.In the Internet Options dialog box, click Okay.Then have a look through the Topic: Slow Computer?, Use this troubleshooting checklist.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/106046/ie6-long-load-time/