Windows Support Forum

Laptop screen spazzes out and puslates

Q: Laptop screen spazzes out and puslates

So recently my laptop computer s screen has been exhibiting very odd behavior At random times and puslates out Laptop spazzes screen at random intervals the screen will suddenly begin to pulsate and Laptop screen spazzes out and puslates quot spazz out quot if you will The spazzing is a burst of bright pulsating pixels that either partially or completely obscure the picture on the screen When this first started happening they never lasted for more than a fraction of a second but they are becoming much longer There seems to be nothing that I do in particular that causes this It doesn t necessarily happen when I for example play a game with intense graphics Nor does it necessarily happen when my computer is hot I have a core thermometer installed to prove this It doesn t seem to specifically be caused when I move the computer around Recently the quot attacks quot have been getting more frequent and more violent but I m just not sure what causes it An attempted screenshot of the issue returned a normal-looking screen so I don t think it s a virus Here s a YouTube link to a video I caught of it The pulsating starts at Sorry about Brand New in the background Computer Model ASUS Notebook K E Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Installed Memory RAM GB GB usable System type -bit Operating System Thanks for your help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-spazzes-out-and-puslates.206769/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop screen spazzes out and puslates

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 66.65%

Its hard to describe what happens exactly so I'll provide some pics:

First the screen goes black and only my mouse is left but it looks like this:
Then when I turn off the laptop and start it up again, it looks like this:

So it sorta spazzes out and I have no idea whats going on. Usually after turning it off and on a couple times it returns to normal. This is the 2nd time it's happened. Is my laptop going to die?

A:My computer spazzes out (best I can describe) and screen gets messy..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-spazzes-out-best-i-can-describe-and-screen-gets-messy.937614/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a laser mouse on my computer, and maybe every few minutes, the mouse will jus spazz out and go like up left or down left or something for a few seconds until I push in the opposite direction to stop it.

This is very annoying when playing games, Anyone know why? Thanks!

A:Mouse Spazzes Out

I have no idea, but I have/had the same problem with my Microsoft Wireless optical mouse. But all I did was adjust the settings, change the battery, and get a new mouse pad *might have been too reflective, go over a white spot on the pic and it would stop moving*. And now it only spazzes out with Cell phone by PC

Do you have a phone near by? may be messn with the signal, I can't talk on my 2.4Ghz phone and(or) cell and move the mouse at the same time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-spazzes-out.386541/
Relevancy 51.17%

I onward login out Mouse page from Spazzes am using a computer OS is Windows bit Mouse Spazzes out from login page onward home edition I have recently run into a problem When the computer reaches Mouse Spazzes out from login page onward the login page of the windows boot process where I have to enter my password to enter my administrator account the mouse cursor becomes stuck at the bottom right hand corner of the screen Attempting to move the mouse causes the onscreen cursor to move from that spot in the direction I moved the mouse only to have it jerked back a millisecond later to the bottom right hand corner of the screen by itself again As a result it looks like the cursor is spazzing out if I attempt to move the mouse This persists even after I have logged in to my account As a result I cannot control the mouse and cannot click on anything as the cursor is jerked back extremely quickly I have tried a different mouse pre and post-restart with the original one unplugged but the problem persists I have also tried several USB ports on the computer but the problem also persists As such I suspect it is not a hardware issue I tried the options on the BIOS screen f f This problem consistently does not happen when the computer is in the system recovery or hardware diagnostic tool modes accessed in this manner Does anyone know what is going on Does anyone know what I can do to fix this

A:Mouse Spazzes out from login page onward

How about safe mode. Have you tried it in that mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-spazzes-out-from-login-page-onward-792842.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I got a secondhand Gateway M or something really close its a touchscreen laptop but not in front of me today on the cheap Previous owner had a copy of Windows XP Awesome not Windows!! Install to Need in Spazzes Power Windows DOS out Edition Reloaded or something wasn t validated and thus I wanted to wipe it The computer had been running in Windows for over an hour with no problems I reboot pop my windows CD in and get to the spot where I delete partitoned space and make a new one then the power light starts blinking and screen Power Spazzes out in DOS not Windows Need to Install Windows!! goes black Unfortunately I have no OS on the computer now to test this but it seems like it only does this after so many minutes in DOS As I said in Windows it stayed on without a hitch for long periods of time I am completely lost and am not really sure where to start Need to get this laptop going within hours as I am going on vacation and need this computer to do my web design work on I would prefer not to take it to a shop as the money spent would ruin the deal I got on the laptop What could it be Is it possible to hook up the laptop hard drive to my computer with an ATA IDE cable and install windows onto it then pop it back in the laptop I would prefer not to do this but will try Power Spazzes out in DOS not Windows Need to Install Windows!! it if necessary Thanks for any and all help will be checking back often Sincerely Noah Woodland nbsp

A:Power Spazzes out in DOS not Windows Need to Install Windows!!

You got a sweet deal for a reason it would seem. To answear your question you can not put the drive in another computer, install Windows and then put it in the laptop. Also your not in DOS when installing Windows you are running Windows. What is likely happening here is there is a hardware issue with they system (the seller knows I'm sure) and you didn't run into it just turning the system on running it but when installing Windows you seem to hit an issue. My guess based on yoru symptoms woudl be something is wrong with motherboard (IDE controler most likely). But the possiabilites are endless. You will need to take it to a trusted local repair shop for service.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-spazzes-out-in-dos-not-windows-need-to-install-windows.835586/
Relevancy 43%

Is this at all possible? Pretty new at the whole DIY breaking computers open to fix them stuff but i'm learning quick haha.

Here is the toshiba and the screen:

Toshiba Satellite C55Dt-A5231 Laptop
Laptop LCD Screen for Toshiba Satellite C55DT A5231 15 6" WXGA HD | eBay

Here is the replacement screen for the Sony laptop(actually an LG screen):

http://www.amazon.com/LG-LP156WH4-LP...lp156wh1+tl+c1

What would I need to know in order to understand if this would work or not?

Also, here is the laptop w me holding up the screens:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/pushbullet-...112_000945.jpg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/pushbullet-...112_001008.jpg

A:Replace Toshiba laptop screen w Sony laptop screen? Same size. 15.6"

It's not the size of the display screen, these are all fairly identical. It is the connector socket and the rail screw positions that will bite you.

I suggest finding an exact replacement. If you can't find one on eBay then you certainly will at a store like this one:
LAPTOP SCREEN from $34.99, replacement LCD screens. Repair Tablet, Acer, Apple, iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Dell, HP Compaq, Toshiba, IBM Lenovo, Sony, Asus, Gateway.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/351992-replace-toshiba-laptop-screen-w-sony-laptop-screen-same-size-15-6-a.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have two monitors on my box, my main is a 19" LCD, the 2nd is a 17" CRT monitor, I use UltraMon as my software for my monitors. From time to time my 2nd monitor spazzes out and flickers between different resolutions when I visit certain websites. I'm wondering, do I have the refresh rate too high or low or is there some option I should mess with to make it NOT do that? Or can anyone give me any ideas on how to fix this plz? Thank you!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-monitors-one-spazzes-from-time-to-time.80706/
Relevancy 40.42%

My laptop was working fine the other day... Came back to it the next morning and the screen wouldn't come on and it kept resetting every 30 seconds or so. Once I finally got it to boot and get to sign in page the screen was all scrambled. But, everything else worked I could log in but couldn't do anything...

Anyone got a solution?

A:blank screen and restarting laptop every few secs or scrambled screen at sign in screen

What do you mean scrambled?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/300612/blank-screen-and-restarting-laptop-every-few-secs-or-scrambled-screen-at-sign-in-screen/
Relevancy 36.98%

I just replaced the screen on this laptop. Only about 1/4 of the screen on the left side is working and is working right. The system is running Vista and it boots up right. Wonder if the inverter needs replaced. Other 3/4 is a dark gray with no cursor showing. Need to fix for Mom. Please help. Thanks.

A:Solved: Dell Studio 1735 Laptop screen replaced, only 1/4 of screen working

Check cable which connect display to mobo firstly. If not cable, rest you already said.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-studio-1735-laptop-screen-replaced-only-1-4-of-screen-working.1040315/
Relevancy 36.98%

First of all, I am not sure if I am posting this in the right section. If not, please guide me to the correct section.
I have a Dell Inspiron 17r SE Laptop and my problem is that every single time, I have to turn my Laptop ON twice in order for it to boot up successfully. The first time I turn it on, Dell logo appears for a second and then, black screen shows up. Then, I have to turn my laptop off and start it back again. Second time, it boots up without any problem. I am fed up of turning it on twice everytime, and also concerned that it will affect health of my Laptop . How can I fix this Issue, please help.
I don't have a Recovery CD or Windows 8 CD. Windows 8 was pre-installed on my Laptop.

A:Laptop screen goes black on startup, have to turn laptop ON twice for it to boot up s

If it's still under warranty, call Dell. The unit or parts might be covered for replacement.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/laptop-screen-goes-black-on-startup-have-to-turn-laptop-on-twice-for-it-to-boot-up-s-693137.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi I bought a new laptop - HP Compaq Presario Intel Pentium Processor T GHz GB Hard Drive GB RAM nVidia GeForce G M with MB DDR dedicated graphics memory After a week i got the firs blue screen error after which it laptop dying? boot, laptop BAD_POOL_CALLER; won't a new screen Blue couldn t boot i couldn t even get to BIOS I was out of the country so my friend called the service staff who told him to try to run some tests that time it worked he got to BIOS ran the tests everything was fine and the laptop started up normally Now Blue screen BAD_POOL_CALLER; laptop won't boot, a new laptop dying? weeks after I m getting blue screens continuously and laptop won Blue screen BAD_POOL_CALLER; laptop won't boot, a new laptop dying? t boot If it boots and it usually happens when you hit it slightly though i don t know if it s a conincidence windows Blue screen BAD_POOL_CALLER; laptop won't boot, a new laptop dying? starts up normally and everything is working fine until the next blue screen shows up which disables my laptop all over again Blue screen looks like this BAD POOL CALLER Technical information STOP x C x xFE F DC x x Collecting data for crash dump Initializing disk for crash dump Beginning dump of physical memory Dumping physical memory to disk Physical memory dump complete Is it a software crash Can I run Win repair if I manage to boot it and how to do that Is it my hard disk problem What to do - - nbsp

A:Blue screen BAD_POOL_CALLER; laptop won't boot, a new laptop dying?

If you can get it to work by tapping on the machine, then it doesn't sound like a software problem. It could be a bad system board or memory.

I would call HP again and see about getting service on the hardware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-bad_pool_caller-laptop-wont-boot-a-new-laptop-dying.931052/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello and thanks for reading I have a year old HP pavilion dv series laptop running windows Yesterday I turned it on and it started normally but when I tried to browse on Firefox it gave me the blue screen for the first time ever and it shut down Fearing I had a virus I ran it in safe mode blinking Laptop blue cursor crash HP screen screen black with now and started a scan and began HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor transporting my pictures via Dropbox just in case it died on me Sure enough a weird error message couldnt HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor figure out what program made the message pop up popped up saying I had a bunch of urgent viruses I didn t click on it at all and before I couldn t think of what to do the blue screen popped up and it shut down When I tried to restart it the HP splash sign popped up and the screen flickered black and a blinking HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor cursor started in the upper left corner So this is where I stand now Black screen with blinking cursor Set default setting in BIOS didn t work and F safe mode or F system restore does nothing The black screen just stays there Any ideas Is it a gonner I m hoping to get back on and get my pictures if possible Help please nbsp

A:HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor

sounds like a bug -click report and ask to move to malware forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-blue-screen-crash-now-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor.1033666/
Relevancy 36.98%

hi my laptop screen is set to turn off after 5 mins, when it does i cannot wake it, no matter what buttons i push or using my mouse. this black screen also happens when i restart my computer, it logs me off the the screen goes black and computer power lights are still on and it does nothing HELP! haha thanks

Nathan

A:laptop screen goes black when i restart, and screen wont wake up after it turns off

Boot the computer and press F8 in the Advanced Boot menu choose Last Known Good Configuration.
What is the make and model# of the computer? Go to the manufactures support/download drivers site and download the Chipset and the Video driver for the computer.
Go to Start/Search and type powercfg.cpl. Right click the powercfg results and Run As Administrator. Click Change Plan Settings/change Advanced power settings. Reset your power settings to your liking.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-screen-goes-black-when-i-restart-and-screen-wont-wake-up-after-it-turns-off-698507.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi i m new to the forum and i need help with my toshiba a -s it was working fine for the past year and months that i have used it and then one day it suddenly crashed while i was watching a movie it displayed random patterns on screen kinda like part of the image from the video is on the screen then a black strip and random colors I restarted the unit to safe mode and left it on and browsed the net and downloaded some big files for how many hours and nothing happened there are also times when windows is still loading with the windows logo on screen it crashes there are also times when the login screen is / screen pattern blue crashes, on Laptop screen random displayed and it crashes it just crashes randomly so i tried to reformat it i deleted the partitions and created a new one formatted it then Laptop crashes, random pattern on screen / blue screen fresh installed windows my previous OS is windows by the way and started installing the basic drivers and after a few hours it crashed again thinking that the driver installed might not be compatible i tried another fresh install of windows same execution delete partition create install OS and this Laptop crashes, random pattern on screen / blue screen time without installing the drivers it crashed again after a few hours sometimes it crashes immediately after turning it on from cold start is there someone who can give me an advice on this is this somehow caused by dust accumulating inside the laptop or is it already busted nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

I just bought an HP Pavillion dv6-7014nr and I love it! Except for one thing. I upgraded to the 1920x1080 screen to get the HD quality and the matte display. Everything on this screen is so tiny, its uncomfortable to read. I have increased the text size in windows to 130% dpi and I have downloaded and extension in Firefox to keep the zoom level I like. My problem is that with this increased DPI setting, the text in programs, such as iTunes gets cut off or overlaps. I was just wondering if there was a solution to this problem, or is it just something I have to live with?
Thanks very much!

Dan

A:[SOLVED] 1920x1080 screen resolution on a 15.6" Laptop Screen

1920x1080 doesn't suit everyone on a 15.6" screen as it's really more suited to large-screen external monitors (20" or more). It's big plus of course is that it gives you much more screen space to use for multi-tasking or using apps which have many palettes (like Photoshop). Personally I think 1920x1080 is way too high for the average laptop screen size unless you've got perfect eyesight.

If you don't need all that space, you may find that setting a lower resolution (and changing DPI & zoom levels back to their defaults) is more in line with what your eyesight can deal with. It probably won't look as pin-sharp as the native 1920x1080 resolution though, but at least you shouldn't get some app Windows extending beyond the screen edges.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-1920x1080-screen-resolution-on-a-15-6-and-quot-laptop-screen-652126.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I get a blue screen error of "driverirql_not_less_equal" when my laptop monitor dims.

Specs:
Intel i7 2640M
8 Gb Ram
1T HD

The attached screen capture is the location of my error.

A:Windows 8 blue screen error when laptop screen dims

This is probably either a BIOS problem, or a video driver problem. It's also possible you have a hardware fault, but try updating your BIOS and video card drivers.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/12512-windows-8-blue-screen-error-when-laptop-screen-dims.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Need help here.

I have a HP laptop DV9543cl with 32bit Vista. Last Thursday (6/3/2010), Vista update icon showed up and asked me to install the update. As always, i did that. Once install was done, it asked for a reboot which i did. It started booting up again and when it finished Windows logo screen, it went blank and no display with all the other lights were in correct status. I waited for a long time before attempting a reboot. Since then i don't see anything on the screen after the initial BIOS screen (Which is also all jumbled up). I tried F8 (BIOS) and F11(Restore) but no screen. Don't know what to do but i am pretty sure that Laptop is working ok just not displaying anything. I am going to try Remote desktop on it now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Blank screen after initial boot screen for HP Laptop with Vista

have you tried ringing up HP support line?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/blank-screen-after-initial-boot-screen-for-hp-laptop-with-vista-490134.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I've been trying to get my games running at full screen on my TV via HDMI, which does work - but I also want to be able to have an internet window, or Skype windows etc open on my laptop screen at the same time, to continue chatting/surfing etc. Whenever I activate full screen mode in-game, the laptop screen just shows my wallpaper, with no option of showing other windows. Is there a way to do this?

Laptop is a HP Pavilion DV6.

A:Laptop screen = desktop, TV through HDMI = full screen game?

this is generic, u'll have to 'tap out' the game to do this anyway, normally takes about 5-15 seconds to go back into full screen,

but the general setup issue with bill your monitor settings, check your display manager nvidia/ati

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/186291-laptop-screen-desktop-tv-through-hdmi-full-screen-game.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a 2 year old Gateway laptop which, I understand, was actually made by Acer under license.

All of a sudden a vertical line appears midway in the screen display. Sometimes it is a red line, sometimes a white line.

Does anyone have any idea why this occurs? Is this a sign of the "kiss of death" for my laptop display, to follow? Does this mean the "end is near" for the screen?
44 Guy

A:Gateway Laptop Screen-new vertical line half screen

Same problem in Safe Mode?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/299084/gateway-laptop-screen-new-vertical-line-half-screen/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi I have searched for two days on your website and only by start screen on - hp screen laptop G61 up access pressing esc logo hp can had no luck I have an HP laptop Model G WM Windows OS BIOS Version F Processor Type AMD Sempron M Processor Speed MHz Total Memory MB Only thing I can do is hit ESC when HP logo appears It takes me to a start up menu I done an F System Diagnostics and ran tests Start-up test it failed and short DST failed Run-In test fail and short DST failed Hard disk test failed Memory test passed When I exit the System Diagnostics it goes to a black screen and I have to restart hit ESC on HP screen again to get to start menu again I hit F for system recovery a screen came up saying quot windows is loading file quot A new screen comes up saying windows is loading and the hp G61 laptop - can only access start up screen by pressing esc on hp logo screen winpdows logo appears it then goes to a blue screen it isn t a solid blue screen it goes from light blue at the top to a dark blue at the bottom it looks like sun rays coming down from the top The cursor is a big white arrow and I can move it but that s all except restart and to back to start menu If I don t hit the ESC button it just goes to a black screen and if I hit the enter button to continue start up it goes to a black screen also It s been a while since this problem occurred I haven t had time to try work on it but it seems like the last thing I did on it was to download some pictures from my digital camera I don t know what to do Can someone please help me It would be appreciated very much Thank you nbsp

A:hp G61 laptop - can only access start up screen by pressing esc on hp logo screen

Sounds like your hard drive has bitten the dust. If that is the case the only solution is a new hard drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-g61-laptop-can-only-access-start-up-screen-by-pressing-esc-on-hp-logo-screen.1113700/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello I have a Sony Vaio T-series laptop model SVT CXS running windows As of yesterday the touch TV + OK, SCREEN BLACK to (power OK, fan LAPTOP HDMI OK) screen screen is black it doesn't display anything Laptop powers on lights are on fan makes noise etc I was able to plug an HDMI cable from my laptop to my TV and I am able to use the laptop using my TV screen laptop screen is still black but displays on TV works And the odd twist this is a touch screen laptop so I am able to touch my laptop screen and it makes clicks and moves cursor on my TV for some reason the track pad doesn't work while its on TV LAPTOP BLACK SCREEN (power + fan OK, HDMI to TV OK, touch screen OK) display though Any help would be greatly appreciated If you can give me steps into diagnosing the problem that'd be great I live in a small college town and there is only one computer repair shop and since it's a monopoly he rips people off Charges for a diagnostic if you get it fixed it goes towards the repair if not it's Charged my friend for macbook charger and it wasn't even an genuine Apple product

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588827/laptop-black-screen-power-fan-ok-hdmi-to-tv-ok-touch-screen-ok/
Relevancy 36.98%

when I connect to screen mirroring device my laptop screen goes black. The screen mirroring device screen also stay black, it does show it is loading but it never mirrors laptop. Need to enable laptop screen to mirror not turn off.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437696-how-do-i-enable-laptop-screen-goes-black-when-i-am-switching-screen-mirroring.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi I'm having trouble with the screen on my Toshiba Satellite L -S when it reaches the Welcome screen on Windows Home Premium bit This happens while reaching the Windows Welcome screen amp sometimes it will reach the desktop before going fuzzy It boots fine into Safe Mode https www youtube com watch v JpwnCvsN-G I've already checked the HDD and the Memory - they are fine I've done a fresh install of Windows Home Premium bit from the manufacturer's recovery disks - the screen and everything else worked fine even through the first round of Windows Update files the machine rebooted after the updates and I checked for more updates As soon as the installation of the second round of updates began the screen went buggy So I formatted the HDD and tried laptop Toshiba Satellite Screen when Welcome Fuzzy screen reaching has another reinstall - I successfully reinstalled the system and this time the screen went buggy trying to search for the first update for this reinstall Is this an issue with the screen or the GPU any ideas Thanks Mike

A:Toshiba Satellite laptop has Fuzzy screen when reaching Welcome Screen

Hi first hook it up to an external monitor. does the external have the same problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/363908-toshiba-satellite-laptop-has-fuzzy-screen-when-reaching-welcome-screen.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I recently did a factory restore on my laptop since it was giving me really bad problems before BSOD on boot unable to start in safe mode etc I assumed that black failure; Laptop followed random by screen colors screen it was caused by a bad video driver installation Once I did my factory restore this problem was solved but it seems like a new one arose In the first few days the laptop was working fine but I recently realised that if I unplug my AC Laptop screen failure; random colors followed by black screen Adapter my laptop would work for awhile but will eventually die The screen would just go black then I would see weird colors and then it would go black again and I would be forced to hold the power button and restart The funny thing is this never happens when I have it plugged in I then realised that it happened when I plugged it out and moved it around so I assumed it had something to do with the wiring inside my laptop But it seems that isn t the case since even if I move it around while it s plugged in it doesn t happen I m pretty sure it has something to do with my power supply at this point but I m not really sure If anyone can help I would really appreciate it EDIT It just happened to me as I tried to access my task manager I did CTLR ALT DEL and my screen went black and my laptop simply restarted itself nbsp

A:Laptop screen failure; random colors followed by black screen

EDIT: It seems it has gotten way worse. It happened while it was plugged in, and not only that, but when I tried to turn on my laptop again, the screen remained black and I heard these beeping noises. (6 beeps in succession, over and over) Sometimes I turned it on and it didn't even beep. I managed to actually get my laptop to boot, but I'm afraid it will happen again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-failure-random-colors-followed-by-black-screen.185547/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi everyone Got a bit of a problem which I need help on please The screen has my Screen Laptop Laptop on gone blank Dell M1530 gone blank but works on an external monitor this only started to happen after I Laptop Screen gone blank on my Dell M1530 Laptop let my son use my laptop he and his friends have connected their iPads etc for films and music but strangely sometimes it comes on without any problem when I boot up as normal so it is still working this has happened on other occasions Laptop Screen gone blank on my Dell M1530 Laptop I am sure it can be rectified but I don't have a clue really See below for what I have tried so far Checked monitor display - it shows the external monitor as the primary display only and I can't seem to get it to display the laptop monitor Checked the internet for possible solutions but could not properly understand everything to rectify the problem Could it possibly be anything to do with the amount of memory that has beenused up my son has used most of it for his music amp films etc Please help Cheers folks Kenny Khan Wales UK gt

A:Laptop Screen gone blank on my Dell M1530 Laptop

Hi and welcome to TSF try page 42 here http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...RU335A01MR.pdf

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-screen-gone-blank-on-my-dell-m1530-laptop-663852.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I cracked my Stream 11's screen (well, my 3 year old threw a Lego at it!) but the blacklight worked fine and I used an external monitor until the replacement LCD screen arrived. I replaced the screen and switched the laptop on...black!  External monitor still yields a display, so it's not the GPU.  Then when plugging in the OLD screen (cracked but had still lit up), that now fails to turn on!  I was very careful in replacing the screen, yes the connector is snapped properly in place and there is no damage from the install. What's going on?  Not much having shelled out 40 for a replacement LED for now no screens to work at all!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replaced-cracked-laptop-screen-now-no-screen-works/td-p/5643295
Relevancy 36.55%

I have a gateway laptop (SOLO 5350) and the screen was horribly ripped off(during car accident). Well when I connect my desktop 17" monitor to the port on the back of the laptop and when the windows xp home edition boot screen is finished I get a black screen although the cpu is still workig properly and the monitor is still on. I reboot and press f8 and try to go into safe mode but it just hangs on the screen with all the driver names on it. Can someone guide me in a good direction before I take it to a repair shop?

A:Laptop screen damaged.....black screen at boot

Normally there's a Altfunction+key that switches the desktop from the LCD to a external monitor.. Look around on the top row of keys for a monitor symbol, then use the alternate function key with that key to switch to the monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-damaged-black-screen-at-boot.288662/
Relevancy 36.55%

I have an M60 laptop that recently started failing the boot process after the Windows XP splash screen, just before the login screen. It does the same thing with an external monitor attached. If I start it in Safe Mode it will boot. When I restart out of Safe Mode it boots without a problem. The next time I try to boot in regular mode the same thing happens.

I have tried removing memory and switching DIMMS around; I have tried replacing the current hard drive with the original hard drive which was working when I replaced it and it has the same symptoms. I did this as any easy way to eliminate viruses, trojans or corrupt drivers. It appears to be a hardware problem, but I am stuck. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks

A:Dell M60 laptop gray screen after Win XP splash screen?

Try replacing the CMOS battery

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-m60-laptop-gray-screen-after-win-xp-splash-screen.155800/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello I have an Acer Aspire AS TZ- and have owned it for a good - years I ve had some screen screen LCD my Laptop brand with "Another Replace LCD LCD issues for a couple years now where the light flickers have big black spots and FINALLY the screen gave out it s almost completly dark now You can faintly see images After some research on replacement a compatible Acer LCD on Ebay would run roughly I ve concluded that It s either the bulb inside CCFL or the inverter that may have an issue but I have no way of testing which is broken since I have no Replace my Laptop LCD screen with "Another brand LCD screen spare LCD screen to test or a little tester device What I ve discovered was my lcd screen s model was B XW V After googling this model and a search on Ebay I ve discovered a Dell Latitude or a couple other Dell brands share this same model the difference is it says quot V quot Im assuming version or something and the one I have is V The connectors look the same I feel like it might work What do you think Below are a couple Ebay links im looking at Does that quot H W quot code matter Any advice http www ebay com itm Dell-Latitu hash item e e g S-YAAOSwQYZW PO http www ebay com itm AU-Optronic hash item eedc b g ehkAAOSwZ ZW F m Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replace-my-laptop-lcd-screen-with-another-brand-lcd-screen.1169753/
Relevancy 36.55%

I've got a problem with my laptop a HP G - DX First a little history This was my wife's laptop until she dropped it and broke the display screen We hooked it up to a monitor and she was good to go Last Christmas I got her a new computer and again she was all set In the screen a white blank shows screen laptop New just meanwhile I've been using this old Dell laptop from with WinXP in it Works but is slow as all get out A few months ago I decided to use my wife's old computer for myself It comes with Windows and works quite well Last June I made the mistake of trying New laptop screen shows just a blank white screen the Windows upgrade and what a disaster that turned out to be So I reverted back to Win but I lost all the drivers that came with it so New laptop screen shows just a blank white screen I was stuck So recently I bought a new screen for my wife's old computer and I New laptop screen shows just a blank white screen installed it today So guess what The screen works fine but all I get is a blank white screen Nothing at all It's as if the computer can't display anything at all I just don't understand it The computer fires up but that's it No start screen no nothing Just a blank white screen Anybody have any ideas as to what's wrong and how I could fix this

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621566/new-laptop-screen-shows-just-a-blank-white-screen/
Relevancy 36.55%

I took my computer in to a computer repair place that ended up not being so good I had thought the backlight on the screen was going out They diagnosed it as the inverter I got the computer back from them ordered and replaced the inverter myself That didn t solve the problem My screen was still shutting down frequently even though the computer was Now Acer Screen get Replaced Laptop and Blue Screen still up and running So I took it apart and checked the connection It was Replaced Acer Laptop Screen and Now get Blue Screen good I ordered a new screen and installed it Very easy by the way and I have NEVER done computer repair I was very careful and did not touch the back other than connecting the computer to it Well my computer won t work now I get a quot start and repair or start normally screen quot I do the repair Then every time I then get a blue error screen that says quot System License Violation quot I then have to shut it down with the power button Why did this happen Is it a problem with the screen My other screen is not an option for connecting it to test I have time to send the screen back Should I Am I destined to have to restore to factory default now Help me please How do I fix this FWIW the screen seems good other than now my computer won t run The color looks good etc Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replaced-acer-laptop-screen-and-now-get-blue-screen.1058651/
Relevancy 36.55%

The image displayed on the screen of my Toshiba Satellite laptop is offset so that not all of the tray at the bottom is visible, and there is about 3/4" of black screen at the right side of the display.

It seems to have coincided with my having installed a malware-ridden application. Although I think I have expunged all of the malware, the screen display problem persists.

I have tried restarting, and I poked around in the Control Panel options, but no obvious solution has presented itself.

Any suggestions?

A:Screen display on laptop offset so not all of screen visible

try right clicking your desktop, click resolution, then see if your computers on the correct resolution, i've never seen this happen on a lappy before

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/301093-screen-display-laptop-offset-so-not-all-screen-visible.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Greetings Please could someone help me Recently i had my LCD screen on my 'Toshiba Satellite c - ' replaced because it had become cracked so i got it fixed and now started up my laptop it boots up fine goes past the toshiba inavations screen and then goes to the ''Windows starting'' screen it loads up the windows animation logo and then just stops and freezes on that page if i leave it there i can then hear the computer make the login sounds and it loading up programs the skype sound but the screen is still stuck on the same page its like the starting; on laptop, screen HELP: on screen 'Windows New stuck Gets laptop is still running normaly but the screen is just frozen so i turned it off and then loaded it in 'safemode' it loaded fine and i can use web stuff ect so i wrote this article please if anyone can help me fix my screen freezing problem it would be great Laptop specs bit Windows home premium GB of ram i HELP: New screen on laptop, Gets stuck on 'Windows starting; screen think its HDD but im not sure Thanks in advance if you can help i rearly need it fixed soon Best regards Nathaniel Richards

A:HELP: New screen on laptop, Gets stuck on 'Windows starting; screen

Hello and welcome to the forum Nathanielbot

*Try following the steps in the tutorial below.
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

Post back what you've done for further suggestions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/246365-help-new-screen-laptop-gets-stuck-windows-starting-screen.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi,

My Laptop,s (HP dv4-t 1600) running on Windows 7 64bit screen is broken. Doesn't display anything. I connected secondary display/screen, but it doesnt display anything. Doesn't auto detect. What do I do? Please suggest.

Thanks

A:Laptop screen broken - how to boot from secondary screen?

Try pressing fn + f4

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/347457-laptop-screen-broken-how-boot-secondary-screen.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello wondering if anyone can offer any advice please Having a strange problem with my laptop screen It s a Tiny laptop When I start the laptop up it works fine but after being stops use, 20 Laptop working after screen screen min so and does external of on for a while suddenly the screen goes very funny with lots of lines - it gets worse and worse until it s totally unusable Moving the screen changes the picture slightly but doesn t help Then when I turn back on again it s OK again What is really strange is that last time I turned on Laptop screen stops working after 20 min of use, and so does external screen my laptop I connected an external Laptop screen stops working after 20 min of use, and so does external screen screen At first both screens worked fine then after about minutes the laptop screen went funny as described but the external screen went blank So seems like it may not be the screen but perhaps the grahpics card Or something else I don t know Laptop screen stops working after 20 min of use, and so does external screen But it s weird that when I move the laptop screen when this is all happening the picture does change slightly Any advice would be appreciated Thanks Kath nbsp

A:Laptop screen stops working after 20 min of use, and so does external screen

Hi

Sounds like a faulty card or cable, if your able strip the laptop down and find the cable that links the screen to the motherboard, it may be loose, if the graphics card is a plug in type then try reseating it.

Other than that your gonna need a visit to a pc shop....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-stops-working-after-20-min-of-use-and-so-does-external-screen.115667/
Relevancy 36.55%

I Screen Laptop Connecting to Broken Screen Alternate used a Samsung NP E A-A UB laptop for over a year through an external monitor ever since the screen broke on it Never had any problems Connecting Broken Laptop Screen to Alternate Screen with it besides that Until one day I not thinking about Connecting Broken Laptop Screen to Alternate Screen it Connecting Broken Laptop Screen to Alternate Screen shut down my PC through holding down the power button because it was being too slow couldn t even shut it down normally But little did I know doing that would make sure I can t use it again as far as I can tell Because I shut it down using the power button I m assuming the screen came up the one either to repair or tell me the pc shut down incorrectly or bios or whatever it is But since my external monitor doesn t turn on until after my pc is signing in it won t turn on Normally it would just kick on automatically when signing in So I m completely blind to what I m doing and can t get my monitor on Literally all I need is a sneak peak at it to get it to turn on all the way but I don t know how I ve tried a few things already that I ve found online but never though to ask about it til now I ve tried doing the little closing and then quickly opening up the laptop screen to fool the pc into turning it on I ve tried manually unplugging my screen in hopes it would use my external as a primary instead I ve pressed the appropriate F key or combination keys to turn it on Possibly other things but I forget it s been a little while All of these with no luck Literally all I may need to do is get past a few button clicks and I ll have a perfectlyish fine laptop to use again but I can t figure it out and spending dollars on another screen seems a bit much when I ve been getting by so fine without it My questions are Does anyone know of any other ways I may be able to get my external monitor to turn on Any way at all to see what I m doing just so I can get past that simple part so I can get using my pc again My external monitor uses VGA cables Is there any chance an HDMI cable could do more than VGA Any thoughts or advice at all Would be greatly appreciated I ve spent a week trying to fix it it s so frustrating knowing it s possibly just a few clicks away nbsp

Relevancy 36.55%

I'm having a weird problem. My laptop will show a black screen when booting. It seems no matter how long I wait, nothing happens. When I attach an external LCD to the laptop, it shows the Windows load or Windows resume graphics on the external monitor, but not on my laptop screen. As soon as the Desktop Screen with the Windows Login appears, it then appears on my laptop as well.

I also can't seem to get to safe mode. I push f8 and it never comes up I haven't installed any new software or hardware to cause this.
Any thoughts?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-is-black-until-windows-login-screen.560673/
Relevancy 36.55%

First post, but I have tried to uninstall video drivers, system restore, random registry fixes, and so forth. I also did a virus scan, showing 17 Trojans (I know, very bad). I am guessing that is how this happened, not sure though. Uninstalling the video drivers helps, until I need to restart it due to new software. Then I can sometimes get to the log in screen, but even after that, It just goes black after a few seconds. I have searched and searched all over, and have not found a fix. Any help?

A:Laptop with Vista has black screen after loading screen

Hi Hackrtanman,

firstly welcome to the forums

Can you post detailed specs of your system.

And can you try to boot into safemode and disable the video card drivers on the system from Device Manager and then restart the system and check.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/296826-laptop-vista-has-black-screen-after-loading-screen.html
Relevancy 36.12%
A:no power comes on my laptop screen when swich on my laptop

HAVE YOU MADE ANY CHANGES TO YOUR LAPTOP RECENTLY?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/no-power-comes-on-my-laptop-screen-when-swich-on-my-laptop/td-p/5724156
Relevancy 36.12%

I have an IBM T running XP Pro the problem is that if I knock the laptop or try to move it the screen switches off off screen laptop switches when move I Laptop I can Laptop screen switches off when I move laptop t seem to identify the problem here s a list of symptoms When the laptop hs only just been turned on and is cold no amount of movement or twisting of the frame will cause the problem to appear It s only after the laptop has been on for about mins that the screen will turn off When the screen does go off the laptop does continue to function ie if I m playing music it will continue to play and the keyboard still seems to function Although when the screen first goes off the music will stutter like a scratched record maybe about times and then continues to play Sometimes the laptop will reboot itself but not always When Laptop screen switches off when I move laptop the laptop comes back on it says windows detected an error Laptop screen switches off when I move laptop with the video device driver which has gone into a loop The error code is STOP EA THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER Q I ve removed the RAM battery keyboard DVD drive and hard disk but the problem is the same even when I m on the select boot device screen If I keeps the laptop on a firm surface it work no problem Does anyone have any ideas at which part of the laptop I should be looking at I m going to take the laptop completely to pieces and put it back together again to make sure nothing is loose Other than that I haven t got a clue Cheers Mark nbsp

A:Laptop screen switches off when I move laptop

I forgot to add
I've also tried connecting an external monitor to the laptop to see if this one stays on but it goes off at the same time as the laptop screen.

Cheers Mark

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-switches-off-when-i-move-laptop.787804/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi Guys, hoping one of you can help with this.
My girlfriends had a laptop for a couple of years and the screen backed up a while back which then lead to a seperate monitor but now it's given up completely.

I'm trying to figure out a way i can access her laptop through my PC but taking into account i can't view/action anything from the laptop.
Any ideas?!

A:Need to Link Laptop to PC but Laptop screen is broken!!

My girlfriends had a laptop for a couple of years ...Click to expand...

You have two or more girlfriends and they shared a laptop and the only thing broken is the screen? Amazing!

If it was setup to allow Window's Remote Desktop or some similar third party remote access, you can use that. Otherwise, I think repairs or another laptop are called for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-link-laptop-to-pc-but-laptop-screen-is-broken.809327/
Relevancy 36.12%

Dear Sir/Madam,
when I connect the HDMI cable laptop to TV;  my PC screen goes black. when i take out the cable it becomes OK, and my TV is showed unsupported signal.
check your device output.
when i start the games, games shows tv. but laptop display goes black. 
my laptop - Toshiba-c660. windows-7, 64bits. I upgrade all drivers. 
I change my Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution-1366 x 768 (recommend), and change the projector in duplicate. 
what is the problem of my lap. please give me your valuable suggestions. 
your's Sincerely. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/57338463-23a0-46af-ba87-94cf7b8d35d2/when-i-connect-laptop-to-tv-my-laptop-screen-goes-blank?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 36.12%

This laptop has Laptop working/Laptop not not starting screen been owned for a few years I'm not quite sure how many since it isn't mine My phone was propped next to the laptop and fell on it and the screen when dark Laptop screen not working/Laptop not starting Tried restarting it but the screen still didn't work this Laptop screen not working/Laptop not starting went on for around a day Eventually when I tried to restart it the laptop would begin to boot but shut down two or three seconds into a power up Tried a hard reset but it did nothing After the hard reset the computer started but froze on the Windows start up screen Afterwards it still quit booting after two or three seconds Stayed away from it for a week or so trying to figure out what was wrong with it where I could get help Came back to it today to try and it turned on again but this time it stopped on the initial dark screen and now it is a black screen with green lines all around it and some blue lines Do I need to take this laptop to a nearby technician or is all hope lost for it Solved Laptop screen not working/Laptop not starting View Solution

A:Laptop screen not working/Laptop not starting

Never mind, hit the laptop hard on the bottom and restarted it and launched the command prompt. Stupidest way to fix a laptop but it worked so hey

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-screen-not-working-Laptop-not-starting/td-p/5685821
Relevancy 35.69%

my E5-571P laptop screen keeps going black.  i have to opne/.close ro jiggle the screen up/down to ge the screen back.  sometime it last 5 minutes but usually 1-10 seconds only.  Very frustrating.  it seem like it must be the lid sensor.  How do i fix this????

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/my-E5-571P-laptop-screen-keeps-going-black-SCREEN-LID-SENSOR/td-p/432748/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi! I reinstalled windows the day before yesterday and since then every time I turn my laptop on after entering my password the screen turns off for like 2 seconds then turns back on. This have never happened to me before. I tried putting my old windows back via Macrium Reflect and I even tried reinstalling it again but neither of those things helped. I have an Acer Aspire V3-572g laptop. Any idea what caused this and how could I fix it? Thanks in advance!

A:My laptop screen turns off then back on after the log-in screen

Hi, as you quite reasonably expect, shouldn't normally happen. That does happen e.g. after changing language, and for rather longer, but only the once, but I can't imagine that's relevant here.

Does it happen in safe mode?
If not, try a clean boot, and if that's ok, process of elimination.

Were any of your install attempts a clean install rather than an upgrade? If so and it still happens then you could try the version of your graphics driver used in Win 8 (but note Win 10/MS will quickly replace it unless you take precautions- see Tutorials)

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36324-my-laptop-screen-turns-off-then-back-after-log-screen.html
Relevancy 35.69%

My laptop screen has just broken.
I have attached a picture of it.
Will this be a inverter or a screen problem/replacement needed?

Relevancy 35.69%

I'm using one of those tablet to laptop devices and it starts up fine until the grey screen appears. As its a tablet I cannot remove the battery so I don't know what I else I can do, I find it strange however that I am able to use the mouse while I have the grey screen and other buttons on the keyboard such as caps lock and mute still work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Grey-screen-on-laptop-start-screen/td-p/5641604
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi think i have one that is destined to never be solved its trying my patience to the max and worst of all its 2 machines with same problem

can see image but faint so changed inverter and screen and cable to no avail but powered screen backlight from external power all is ok it just cant seem to get power from the motherboard is it possible i've shorted the motherboard but hard to beleive this with 2 machines the same.

thanks for any replies

Relevancy 34.83%

when i turn my laptop on the monitor doesnt work.

i have to turn the laptop on cover the fan on the side so the laptop heats up and gets hot.

then i turn laptop off and back on and the monitor works.
this is a annoying problem

anyone know the cause and how i can fix it?

Relevancy 34.4%

I Have Dell Inspiron n5010.It was happened for the second time, earlier it was happened but i left it for one night and agian it was back to normal. But this time it won't switched on. Is it a loose connection issue or any screen related??I am seriously confused, i need suggestions plz help me guys.

A:Laptop Screen Light Off, but screen is still on

Can you explain the situation a little more clearly...Are you saying that the laptop is apparently "off" but there is display visible on the screen?And are you also saying that you cannot power up the laptop at present; it won't boot up etc.?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/laptop-screen-light-off-but-screen-is-still-on/19382.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello friends, I recently got the Gnome desktop environment on the Ubuntu Software Center, and I used the gdm and startx command as said by another forum site. Nothing wrong, they said to logout, tried to login again, goes to a black screen and sends me back to the Ubuntu login screen. Tried again, same result, panicked. Looked up video tutorial on how to fix it, they said to access the control panel via ctrl-alt-f1 or f2, went to a black screen, no text at all, computer runs fine, no crashing. Is there a special way to access the terminal in a System76 computer, I really don't know very confusing? Is there a way to login with the guest session? I use Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf on my laptop. What causes this, I read on Ubuntu forums it's driver issues with Ubuntu and Nvidia, but I have my suspections with the Gnome desktop environment.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/ubuntu-login-black-screen-then-login-screen-loop-for-a-system76-oryx-pro-laptop.55688/
Relevancy 31.82%

I am installing Windows 95 on a Thinkpad 370E, and I keep having problems with getting the resolution on the screen right. It allows me only 16 colors or monochrome, and I KNOW that's not right. When I open the control panel, it tells me that the VGA graphics card is working fine, but there are conflicts with some PCI components. I just can not seem to get things right, anyone had this problem and have advice? Thanks!

Relevancy 31.82%

for a couple of days my parents laptop went to a white screen and they had to keep turning it on and off to get the picture back. i figured it had to be the connection to the motherboard and it was but when i removed it and put it back in the backlight did not come up but there is still a picture. how to turn on the back light or do i have to replace the back lights themselves

Relevancy 31.82%

I have heard the 17 in. screen on a laptop is harder on the eyes for reading text?

Relevancy 31.82%

Sony Vaio, 4 yrs old, 3GB RAM, Intel Dual Core 5800, 2GHZ

My screen is becoming more dim. I have the screen brightness on high, have tried high performance power setting. Majority of time laptop is operated with adapter plugged (no battery).

Any adjustments that can be made ? Feasible to repair or best to replace ?

(No problems in past, system meets my needs)

Advice appreciated !

A:Dim Screen on Laptop (Win 7 HP)

Quote: Originally Posted by torre

My screen is becoming more dim. I have the screen brightness on high, have tried high performance power setting. Majority of time laptop is operated with adapter plugged (no battery).

Any adjustments that can be made ? Feasible to repair or best to replace ?

Sounds like a hardware issue. Typically this is a failure of the backlight or the inverter which powers it.

Here is a primer; Laptop Repair Help ? Screen inverter replacement. Fixing laptop backlight problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/252715-dim-screen-laptop-win-7-hp.html
Relevancy 31.82%

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro 410 CDT, 90 Pentium Notebook.

Sometimes, especially after carrying it around, the screen gives out lines and bright colors instead of the familiar Windows logo when starting up. I can hear the hard drive doing what it's supposed to, but the screen is not cooperating.

If I turn it off and restart, sometimes the screen is fine next time.

Two questions: 1) is there a way to get as steady a performance as possible out of this screen for about one more week?
2) What's the fastest way to get a new screen without having to worry about my hard drive and files?

A:laptop screen

If carrying it around causes the problem, then it sounds like a bad connection. The only way to avoid the problem for the next week would be to not move it.

Maybe someone else here can offer more info, but I wouldn't bother trying to get a laptop that old repaired. New laptops can be purchased for less than $1000 now. It will cost you way more than the computer is worth to get it fixed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen.51663/
Relevancy 31.82%

I Have a Compaq Presario 900 running Windows XP and sometimes when I use it my screen turns pink I shutdown my computer and 5 minutes later it's back can anybody help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen.599462/
Relevancy 31.82%

Got hot and shut down. Tried start it and it powered on but no picture

A:Screen won't come on after laptop got hot

Greetings, How hot did it get? Does it POST? Can you enter BIOS (Setup)? Any component could have fried. Your problem description is very vague. Cheers!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Screen-won-t-come-on-after-laptop-got-hot/td-p/5616504
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello,
I am using dell inspiron 14z 3547. Laptop screen turn black if i move the lid. adjusting lid or moving it little, shows the screen again. This issue is little severe on position of closing lid screen. Fully open lid make the screen stable and if i little move to closing position black screen comes again.
If any solution possible kindly share with me. I usually assembly and unassemble my desktop pc. never opened a laptop.

A:LAPTOP SCREEN

You've posted in the Desktop forum.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19666116
Relevancy 31.82%

hi

Managed to drop something quite heavy on my laptop which has broken the lcd display. Only had the laptop 5-6 months but would guess being my own fault the warrenty will not cover this so looking to purchase a new screen.

Was wondering whether the replacement screen would need to be of the same make and model or any 15.4" screen in this case would fit.

Computer is a Dell Inspiron 1501 and screen is 15.4" wide screen XGA TFT Display with Truelife 1280x800. I searched for that particular screen on Ebay and got 1 result with a price of 160 pounds. Is this what im looking at paying? or would a cheaper alternative be available.

any help appreciated

Relevancy 31.82%

Hi,

My laptop seems to be working fine apart from when i switch it on the screen is dark, i can see the files on my desktop, but it basically looks like my screen is blank, at the moment i've managed to hook up the laptop to a friends monitor, so i can see what i'm doing, can anyone tell me has something broken and is it likely to be replaceable, and also wondered if anyone had an idea of cost
my laptop is a patriot 6001
G553 series
512mb

TIA
Sara

Hi there,

It seems from your description that the backlight to your LCD screen has burned out. This can be fixed, but at a pretty high price. You'd have to replace the schole screen, which is fairly easy to do, but it can run an average of $200-250 just for the part, assuming you do it yourself. If you were to buy the screen, it wouldn't be very hard for someone to talk you through it as long as you had a digital camera. =)

Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen.757261/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi thanks for having such a site my boyfriend is asleep and I thought I might get a fast responce here OK so I open my laptop its fine I go to a site to edit my profile and hit update all of the sudden my screen turns white I can see its jurbaled briefly its very transparent and then it goes completely white plz Laptop help!! Screen !! I cannot see anything I panic and turn it off and try to start up Its still white Laptop Screen !! plz help!! and it seems that around the time after start up my computer would show me the desk top it goes black instead like its not even on but the light is still on so I know that it is Oh please please help Thank you so very much Ok so he opened the computer and he found the main connector was underneth a plate and the screw that was holding it down was very loose almost off after tighting it YADA fixed nbsp

A:Laptop Screen !! plz help!!

Sounds like you've had a hardware failure, but that's just a guess. Can you see a dim outline of the screen data on the screen? Try turning the laptop back and forth against the light, and you should see it. If so, that would indicate the backlight has failed. That can either be the lamp itself, some connections, or the inverter circuit.

You could try starting it in safe mode, which will use default video drivers, in case it happens to be some sort of video driver corruption.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-plz-help.352111/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi All I have a laptop and I have accidentally damaged the bottom third of the screen The top two thirds work great but the bottom third just displays colors and is basically useless I have been using it for some time like this and overall it works fine Laptop Screen I have moved Laptop Screen my Start panel and all that to the top so I can access everything fine Most Windows based programs are easily resized so that I can view the whole page just end up having to use the scroll bar a lot but some programs and games do not let you resize them I was wondering if there is a way to actually change the dimensions within Windows of my laptop screen so that the computer thinks my screen is smaller than it actually is thus just using the Laptop Screen s that I have I have played around in all the display settings and can t seem to figure anything out Just wanted to see if anyone out there had any suggestions Thanks very much -Trevor

A:Laptop Screen

Hello and to BC

As far as I am currently aware, there is no true method to tricking windows into thinking your screen is smaller than it is, This I am not 100% positive on , and someone might actually know a method but as far as I know... your screen size is automatically figured out by windows, Once you plug in a monitor to the vid card, Or in the case of a laptop , once everything is installed it'll recognize it
the only true way to adjust your monitor to be smaller, And Im not entirely sure if this works for laptops but, On a regular desktop monitor you just fiddle with the veritcal and horizontal height and width using the buttons, and that is one way to make it work wiht only 2/3 of a screen

I would however recommend you get that screen looked at to see if they can replace it and/or fix it though because well, you don't exactly want to have to compensate for that until your entire laptop dies now do you? perosnally I wouldn't. I know the feeling of that, I actually had my cell phone screen crack once so that 2/3 of it were GONE, and I ultimately replaced it fully , because well, it just was really hard to see,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/76713/laptop-screen/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi there When turning laptop log my No screen on in on the computer and after the initial start up the computer did not come up with the usual login screen where i need to hit ctrl-alt-del and then put in my password it just sits there with No log in screen on my laptop a blue screen The hard drive light continues to flicker on occasionally i can use the mouse and touch pad but the keyboard doesn t do anything I was surfing the net today and was at a torrent site cant remember which one and downloaded a small file I didnt end up wanting it and deleted it without opening runing it was a zip or rar file however my laptop is now acting up I tried doing a system restore from the week before without success taken out the hard drive and tested with Smartfraudfix and AVG internet security without success Laptop is a Acer Extensa running XP Pro SP with Symantec virus protection Any help would be appreciated kcbear No log in screen on my laptop nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-log-in-screen-on-my-laptop.921208/
Relevancy 31.82%

Can anyone kindly tell me as to the difference between the following two laptop screens:-

B156XW02 V.2

And the V.6

(Please no smart alec replies 'V.4' !!!!!!!)

I have just smashed my Acer Aspire 5733z screen, which is the 'V.6', but have found a good value V.2 on Amazon.

Links would be useful to save us ALL having to look them up??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen.1142096/
Relevancy 31.82%

Of course everything has to go wrong at christmas. On christmas morning I was walking down my parents' stair with my laptop open in my hands (I know stupid stupid stupid, but I had not saved an exam I was working on) I lost my balance and dropped my computer to save my a**, which resulted in the screen literally broke of the rest of the computer. I guess since I don't have much experience with computers that my question is; Do anybody know if the computer can be fixed? And if it can if it would be so expensive that it would be more wise to invest in a new?

Relevancy 31.82%

Hi, my laptop screen (HP) has started going black occasionally. I think it is getting too warm; I now have a chill pad under it, but it doesn't seem to help. I can turn it off and right back on and it's fine. Any ideas? Thank you.

A:Laptop screen

Its just possible you have the Power Options set to turn off the monitor after some period of non-use. You can open the Power Options by going to Start> Run> type in powercfg.cpl and OK. On the Power Schemes tab, you will see settings for turning off the monitor after a selected period of time. If you do not wish for this to happen at all, select Never from the drop down menu.

See the attached screen shot

BTW... This is for XP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen.1041649/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have a Toshiba Tecra 8100 for my personal usage that was given to me a couple of years ago. The screen fades black and there seems to be some kind of shortage because you can hear whatever is playing in the dvd player or slightly see the screen when doing other activities. This might be why it is given to me. My question is this something that I can fix or do I need a expert or is it worth it?

Relevancy 31.82%

When I boot up my laptop, the hard drive light flashes and then turns off and nothing comes up on the screen.

A few things going on with the laptop:
1) The power light stays on for the whole time, until I turn the laptop off.
2) I have tried an external screen and that doesn't pick up anything from the laptop either.
3) I have tested two motherboards and both are doing the same thing.
4) You can hear the laptop fans noise whilst the laptop is on.

What else can I do as I am completely stuck with what to do now

A:Laptop screen won't come on.

Try disconnecting the HDD and the DVD drive. Do you see the POST's white text (either on its screen or on an external, try booting with its own screen disconnected if possible)? Can you enter in BIOS settings?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/291027-laptop-screen-wont-come.html
Relevancy 31.82%

ive got a gateway solo 5300 and the whole computer works except the screen is very dim and i know its not the setting as far as contrast and other such things.

A:dim laptop screen

Have you tried pressing the Green FN Key on the bottom left corner while at the same time pressing the Up Arrow Key to see if that increases your brightness?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dim-laptop-screen.354370/
Relevancy 31.82%

I purchased a used Dell Laptop from the local school system. It was reformatted with Windows XP. Works just fine BUT occasionally a green line appears as to provide a split screen display. This line appears at random times and last for a few minutes or at other times quite awhile. The function of the computer is not affected. The computer is 5 years and has not been abused. Is this the start of a screen failure or is it something else? Any direction would be appreciated. Thanks

It could be an early sign of the green line becoming permanently stuck on and it may also be why the school was getting rid of it. The only fix might be to replace the LCD panel.

Did you buy it with any kind of warranty or "As-is"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen.943114/
Relevancy 31.82%

one day the laptop screen is fine, the next it's bright red with weird streakes going through the screen that tends to move around.
Is this permanant damage done to my laptop. I have not dropped it or apply's any sort of pressure on the screen or anything else that i know may damage it,
Any advice appreciated.. thanks.

Relevancy 31.82%

My dell laptop screen is very dim when compared to my desktop flatscreen LCD. if the Desktop is a 10, the laptop is about a 5. Someone at work said that these screens have a lifespan and that the laptop screen may be starting to go bad.

It is a very well used laptop for work that stays on for long stretches at a time. This inspiron 8000 is 4 years old. Should I consider replacing the screen soon? I found some on ebay for a couple hundred dollars and this 1ghz machine still has some use.

I thought that there may be a dimmer setting for the screen, but I haven't been able to find one in Control Panel.

Thanks.

Relevancy 31.82%

I have a laptop running windows xp home. The problem i have is that the switch that dims it when you close the lid is either loose or doesnt work correctly. The screen will be open and it will go dim, if i hit that little button with a pen it will come back on for a little bit. I was just wondering if there was a way to disable the laptop to dim when you close the laptop so it wont do this anymore. any help would be great. thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-is-dim.44554/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello All

I have a dead laptop but am wondering if I can use the screen elsewhere ?

Is there such thing as an adaptor so I could use it as another monitor ?

A:Laptop Screen - what can I do ?

Well if its dead how can you use it elswear.
By saying its dead are you actually meaning it does not work.
Sorry if i have misread your posts

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-what-can-i-do.366809/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have an old laptop with non-working screen, which was caursed presumably by a c64 emulator. I selected a screen resoultion in the emulator that was lower than 640*480 and the next time I booted up it said it had detected a new VGA monitor and a few minutes later it crashed. I rebooted the laptop and the screen didn't come on but you could hear it loading up windows. I managed to activate a system restore point though shortcut keys even though I couldn't see it but that didn't work. I wondered if there was any way of getting the screen working again.

Relevancy 31.82%

My girlfriend bought a Toshiba laptop in and just about a month or so ago the screen started to go out after about min of usage All of a sudden it starts to scramble and then just goes out and all you can see is some lines at the top of the screen The laptop is still running you just can t see anything I tested it out while i was on instant messenger I was still able to type and send messages and music was still playing I can shut down the computer also So it seems to Laptop out.... goes screen be running fine just can t see Its still under warranty from Circuit City where she bought for another month figures I took it in and noone from their Firedog was there so they told me to call it in They walked me through a few things then had me restart and get into the bios The lady told me to leave it on that screen and call back as soon as it does it again Ofcourse hours later is still hasn t done it I escape out of the bios and as soon as it hits the windows startup screen it goes out I call back and explain to them what happened and she said that its a software problem Does this sound like it can be a software problem To me it sounds like the video card can be going out Usually goes out when the laptop has warmed up a bit She told me to run the recovery disk and see if that helps They won t do anything until i run the recovery disk So Laptop screen goes out.... I will be doing that tomorrow But i just wanted to see what you guys thought Does this sound like a software problem Here are a couple pics of what the screen looks like after it goes out Kinda hard to see but these are pics of the exact same thing Notice the lines at the top thats all you can see nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-goes-out.682244/
Relevancy 31.82%

Please delete thread. Accidentally posted multiple times.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-goes-out.682241/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have an IBM thinkpad laptop, and after a plane flight, where i left the laptop in my suitcase, the screen has been really dim. When i turn the laptop on, I have to press "Function+Display" to switch it into the laptop screen because it is defaulting to an external moniter. after i switch it to the laptop screen, the picture is very dark, and the brightness slider seems to do nothing. Anyone able to help?

Relevancy 31.82%

Hello,
I remember hearing that a laptop screen uses RAM too. And I was wondering if that is true and how much does it use?

A:How much ram does my laptop screen use?

Never heard this before, not even with a desktop monitor.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/67719-how-much-ram-does-my-laptop-screen-use.html
Relevancy 31.82%

My acer laptop screen has recently stopped working. I'm currently using an external monitor since the screen is so dark it's almost impossible to see anything. I read on another post that this is commonly due the to backlight burning out, but first to check the backlight hasn't been toggled off.

So i've hit Fn and F6 to toggle the backlight and it will flick on for a few seconds but then goes dark again...this suggests to me its not a burnt out backlight but some other problem...any ideas??

A:Laptop LCD screen

Sounds like the inverter, which is the high voltage unit, not much larger than a Sharpie pen, that converts negative image to positive. Nearly every laptop has a slightly inverter, but you can often buy them at ebay or laptop repair sites for $11 to $25. The list price from the manufacturer can be the robbery price of up to $79.
You need a set of small screwdrivers, then you need to remove the litte rubber or asphalt pasties that cover the screws. The inverter runs down one of the four sides behind the lcd screen.
You can find descriptive information on line by doing a Gurgle search for laptop screen repair, or replacing laptop inverter. I don't remember the exact site.
If you are not good with tools, it is wise to buy the inverter yourself, but hire a good tech to install it for about $55.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-lcd-screen.96335/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have a friend who's laptop LCD screen won't dispaly. She has to hook it up to a monitor to view anything. I don't have a lot of information to go on right now but was looking for a place to start. she did say at times you can see it but it is very very dim and other times you can't see it at all. Is this common? I doubt it is the battery because it happens even when hooked up to the power cord. Do Laptop LCD screens just burn out?

TIA
Toyman

Relevancy 31.82%

Hi all,

My laptop screen is all of a sudden dim and der appears watermarks in the bottom.

A:Laptop screen becoming dim

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Please provide more details of the problem.

By 'watermarks' do you mean patterns on the screen or actual water stains or what ?

Make and model of the laptop would be helpful too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-becoming-dim.1153827/
Relevancy 31.82%
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi,

I have just replaced my old laptop screen after it got a crack down the middle. What should i do with the old screen? The easy option would be too throw it away but can it be recycled or do companys collect them to reuse parts?

Regards
Tom

Call your Garbage and Recycle Company. They'll tell you where to drop it off. Yes there are folks who can use and recycle parts. You just have to find out the drop off point. Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen.655308/
Relevancy 31.82%

please delete this thread. Accidentally double posted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-goes-out.682239/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi There
Just needed some quick advice on how to repair a minor issue with my Laptop screen.
The Images
Would a little usage of super glue do the trick?
Please me know :)
PS:
- The screen works perfectly
- The screen isn't glitchly

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/help-laptop-screen-help-4608341/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello everyone! I have a Dell XPS L502x laptop.I have reinstalled the Windows and when i typed my User Account Password,my screen flashed and then Windows loaded.Could you tell me waht could be the problem?

A:Laptop screen

From your post, there seems to be no problem. Could you elaborate a little more.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/250295-laptop-screen.html
Relevancy 31.82%

On my dad's Acer laptop, the screen just went black. He said right in the middle of using that 3D cad program for Google. The power light is one but no hard drive activity and the fan doesn't come on. Any suggestions as to what the problem might be. He tried removing the battery and just using the AC plug but no go there. I'm not to familiar with laptops.

when using card 3D program, that's the program support the spec of your dad's laptop, i mean the graphics card? sometime it's can got problem when the spec of the graphics not enough.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/73334-laptop-screen.html
Relevancy 31.82%

I have an "Acer Extensa 367T" laptop. The screen is completely busted but everything works fine.

Does anyone know where I can get a screen to do the job generic might do it has to be very cheap.

I know its a big ask, maybe someone has a fired works and a perfect screen?
moose69

Relevancy 31.82%

hello i was asked by a friend to take a look at his laptop i pretty much told him to just get a new :( screen laptop one but he doesnt have the money at the time so i told him id see what i could do Anyways heres the problem i started the laptop and laptop screen :( the screen wont come on of the time he thought it was the battery but you can hear the fan running and the lights come on so i got the pc to turn on once the nd time i tried it after that nothing when the screen was laptop screen :( on it stayed on for about mintues and i moved the screen making me think its not loose laptop screen :( wires i opened the laptop for the hell of it and checked all connectors seems good im thinking either the PC is just starting to die out or the screen is dead or its wires are breaking inside the laptop is about years old or about that and its in crap condition so i dont know how it was taken care of anyway im sorry this is long for a problem like this if anyone can help please any advice would be really appreciated nbsp

A:laptop screen :(

Use a torch to light up the screen, see if you can see anything. It could just be a case of the backlight has failed rather than a major component.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen.721009/