Windows Support Forum

Media sharing option keeps shutting off by itself

Q: Media sharing option keeps shutting off by itself

I'm having an issue with my media sharing options in Network and Sharing on all my computers on my network. When I go to network & sharing to turn on media sharing for some reason by itself it gets turn off?? This is frustrating to have to continually reset it on all computers on my network. They all have the same Home Group password, but still it gets turn off somehow. Can anyone Please tell me what am I doing wrong or what the problem is causing this to happen???

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Media sharing option keeps shutting off by itself

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Media sharing option keeps shutting off by itself

I assume you are talking about Media Player setup. Did you see this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-sharing-option-keeps-shutting-off-by-itself.192232/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a group of computers in a small office without a server that are connected and share via homegroup. When I added a new laptop with win 8.1 to the homegroup, I couldn't ever access the shared printer which is attached to the win 7 desktop. I deleted and recreated the homegroup multiple times from different computers and nothing seemed to change the situation. I deleted the homegroup completely and just tried to share the printer separately connecting via computer share name and still not good. Now if the win 8.1 computer can recognize the printer, none of the win 7 computers can print to it and vice versa. I need them all to be able to share the printer at the same time and share 2 folders between all of them. How can I accomplish this besides down grading the 8.1 to win 7 and installing win 7 on it. Thanks for the assistance

A:Sharing printer and files between win 7 and win 8.1 computers

If the printer has Ethernet support, connect it to the router and then use Add Printer as a Network printer on every PC (ie not directly connected to any PC) and at least that will solve one issue. Remember to get the correct print driver for each system; Win/7 vs Win/8.

I'll surf for the sharing issue and post back ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-printer-and-files-between-win-7-and-win-8-1-computers.216549/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi, I need help with my laptop, I bought it a few years back and it has Windows Vista Home now I downgraded it to Windows XP because I'm not very comfortable using Vista and now it's not shutting down..What should I do? Thanks.

A:Laptop not shutting down

Since XP was discontinued about a year or so ago I'd simply suggest re installing Vista & get used to it. It aint that bad.I've had it too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-not-shutting-down.210451/
Relevancy 19.35%

In a strange turn of events, Nvidia elected to use Epic Games' media event (instead of its own last night) at the Game Developers Conference to reveal its newest flagship graphics card, the Titan X.

Read more

A:Nvidia crashes Epic Games' media event, announces Titan X graphics card

Soo... What are the chances of a 6GB "980Ti" variant? A bit like the 780Ti was to the Titan Black?
Because it would be better for games and a hell of a lot cheaper

If the rumor mill is to be believed, the price is going to be $1,349, Most people who buy this for gaming will have no use of the double precision floating point prowess of the card, and the few that would probably should have spent a couple hundred extra bucks to get a proper Quadro!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-crashes-epic-games-media-event-announces-titan-x-graphics-card.209423/
Relevancy 24.08%

Is there any way of sharing hard drives/folder over the internet with the client side need to install anything.
I.e use add network location option in my computer
Or a client programme that is user friendly

The server side will need to run on my computer,
looked at FreeNas thats not an option,
Filezilla looks like it the best option server side of things but uses a client programe.

Im happy to run any programmes/OS's in a VM if that were needed.

Thanks in Advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-hard-drive-over-internet-without-client-programes.207578/
Relevancy 21.07%

I burn a fair amount of DVR disks with games, movies, and personal files. The drive works just fine. I can play DVDs and it reads other disk. However, I have one disk that just isn't reading at all. I ran the Windows Fix it says the media is not readable. When I insert the disk it is loading in the My Computer screen, and then makes a load funny sound and just doesn't read the disk. When it finishes, the drive ejects when you click on it and says to insert a disk. I looked at ISObuster and it also picks up nothing. I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure the disk was readable at one time. The disk doesn't appear to have any scratches, cracks, etc. Is there anything I can do to get the disk to be readable and work again? It has unreplaceable personal items. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Media in DVD Drive is not readable

Have you tried using the disk in another machine, preferably a machine that has a newer drive? Is the disc a name brand disk that you know was bought from a reputable store?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-in-dvd-drive-is-not-readable.207225/
Relevancy 27.09%

On WiFi bars always but I keep getting disconnected every couple minutes It reconnects a minute later and runs for another mins or every or so minutes five off Internet Shutting so Its an endless process Would appreciate any help Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Student Internet Shutting off every five minutes or so ATTENTION The logged in user is not administrator on - - at Running from quot C Users Student Downloads quot Microsoft Windows Enterprise Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore SDRSVC Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of SDRSVC service is OK The ImagePath of SDRSVC service is OK The ServiceDll of SDRSVC service is OK VSS Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of VSS service is OK The ImagePath of VSS service is OK System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center Windows Update Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of WinDefend service is set to Demand The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK Windows Defender Disabled Policy HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Defender quot DisableAntiSpyware quot DWORD Other Services File Check C Windows System nsisvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers nsiproxy sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System dhcpcore dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers afd sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers tdx sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System Drivers tcpip sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System dnsrslvr dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System mpssvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System bfe dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers mpsdrv sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System SDRSVC dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System vssvc exe gt File is digitally signed C Windows System wscsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System wbem WMIsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System wuaueng dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System qmgr dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System es dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System cryptsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System ipnathlp dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System iphlpsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System svchost exe gt File is digitally signed C Windows System rpcss dll gt File is digitally signed End of log nbsp

A:Internet Shutting off every five minutes or so

First, if your ISP is over a DSL line, make sure every device connected to the phone wall jack(s) have a filter installed.

Second, get the latest firmware for your Modem && the router installed.

Lastly, on your router, find and set the MTU to 1492 which will stop packet fragmentation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-shutting-off-every-five-minutes-or-so.205339/
Relevancy 27.52%

Literally just blacks out while I'm in the middle of something, shuts down and I have to power it up again. Last night it happened three times in maybe 15 minutes, and even that is rather generous.

It's happened both while plugged in and while on the battery, so common sense says it can't be a battery problem. I only had a browser with three tabs and one Word document running, so I doubt it can be due to overload. It doesn't seem hot to the touch and I didn't get the overheating notification thing on my screen.

I've seen in earlier threads on this topic that some advice-givers suggested running the HWMonitor to check the temps, so I did that, but the figures don't mean anything to me. Here's a screenshot, if someone can tell me whether these temps are normal.

A:Laptop keeps shutting off

I am not really sure whats wrong, but I can reassure you that it is probably not the CPU overheating. As long as the sensors are correct, and they are displaying the right temperatures, you should be fine. The thermal limit of the i3 380M is 90C according to specs online. I hope someone else can chime in on other possible solutions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keeps-shutting-off.204846/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi my laptop keeps shutting off or getting stuck while on it. I use to get a message system your cooling system not working but did a system restore so that doesn't come up. on the back of my laptop it does feel hot I let a tech look at it today and he used a compressed air and he sprayed the fan and computer . he said he see's no dust , corrosion , or damage to the laptop. and gave it back to me so far it didn't shut off yet but the computer is still hot and feel like it will again. Anything else it could be or any advice on how fix this problem?

A:My laptop keeps shutting off

Lift it up off the desk. It's overheating. Buy a laptop cooling pad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-keeps-shutting-off.204609/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, so today I unplugged my computer while it was still running by accident. Now it wont start at all, no lights, no fans, nothing. I am concerned that it may be a problem with my power supply (maybe fried it or something). And no its not a problem with the cord (I tried a different one), its not a problem with the power switch (the one that you switch to either circle or line) because I tried it both ways. However recently my computers power button stopped working so my brother hooked up an old keyboard to my computer so to start it I will press a key on that keyboard and it will start up my computer, so I have to keyboards one to start the computer up and one to type. So in summary im not really sure what the problem is but im 90% sure it has something to do with either my "power keyboard" of my Power Supply so yeah. Any help will be apreciated

A:Accidentaly unplugged computer without shutting down. Computer will not start.

Try and get a psu off a friend who might have a extra one. Go from there. This way you might be able to narrow it down. It really hard to say what happen .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accidentaly-unplugged-computer-without-shutting-down-computer-will-not-start.203970/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello, I have weird problem with my Dell Inspiron 5521

It's shutting down itself every exactly 30min

I believe that it is not heat issue because I send this laptop to clean up fan and replace themal silicone at cpu with Dell Authorize shop.

** Last temp. before shutdown is 45 Celcius **

I have log this shutdown event with several condition and its still shut itself every exact 30 min

With Chillpad - 30 min
On/Off Wifi - 30 min
No Batterry 30 min
Power by Battery 30min
Shutdown even in BIOS mode

Solution I have try
Format and install Window 7/8
Flash Bios

Thank you for your help!

A:My Laptop keep shutting down at exactly 30 min

Are the power down, sleep and hibernate settings properly set?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-keep-shutting-down-at-exactly-30-min.203521/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi, not great with computers and had a look around at various forums and can't find a solution to my problem.

Essentially, whilst I can view the wireless network connections available, I cannot connect to the wireless connection I want to although all other computers at home can connect.

I think the issue is that I have no IP address on this computer (using Windows XP that has just been reinstalled). The result of ipconfig/release is:
No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection 2 while it has its media disconnected.

Sorry if further information is required, will provide whatever is needed. Thanks for any help!

A:Wireless Connection Media Disconnected (Windows XP)

First disconnect any wired connection and THEN attempt the wifi.
Something called DHCP is responsible to give the PC an IP address and also the DNS addresses (regardless of wired or wireless).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-media-disconnected-windows-xp.203103/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi,

My internal HDD failed due to a sudden power outage. I can hear beeping sounds like the motor is trying to spin the drive up and failing to do so. This drive contains all my important data ( documents, photos and videos), I'm thinking of taking it to a data recovery center, How much would it cost me for a data recovery service? I've been recommended to WeRecoverData data recovery labs by an IT person, Anyone have experience with them? Any help advice? Thanks in advance.

A:HDD beeping. What's the best data recovery option?

Likely thousands. Hopefully in the future you will make backups of important data.

If it was killed by the power outage, you can probably fix it yourself by purchasing the exact same drive on ebay or wherever and swap the PCB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-beeping-whats-the-best-data-recovery-option.201578/
Relevancy 27.52%

Toshiba Satellite. I was going to make a video of what it's doing but basically it's just going dead. I'll turn it on, sometimes it dies (it doesn't 'shut down' it just 'dies') right away, sometimes it'll stay on for a few minutes before dying.
I've heard these laptops have an issue with the power button and the machine overheating and that causing it to shut off, and I've had that problem in the past.
It's shutting off constantly lately. Wondering if I have an old, bad battery or if the power cord and pack or going bad, or both? The spot where the power cord plugs in is also loose (I problem I had on my old Dell) sometimes I have to jiggle it (bad, I know) to even get the laptop some juice.

I swear I'll buy a second desktop PC before I ever buy a laptop again...no luck with them at all.

A:Laptop keeps shutting off

I need to do a search before I post a problem that everyone seems to be having LOL
I've taken the battery out and fired it up...we'll see what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keeps-shutting-off.195853/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello hello This is my first post so apologies if I do anything incorrectly I have an old Satellite Toshiba down shutting Toshiba Satellite which is old and crotchety so I decided to take the chance to play with it with the intention of fixing it up a bit and passing it on to someone else who could use Toshiba Satellite shutting down a computer I uninstalled lots of things cleaned it up Toshiba Satellite shutting down - all good I took it apart gave it a good clean - all good apart from when I took the screen off both of the hinges were snapped at the bottom and just fell apart when I lifted it up So I ordered some new hinges they arrived this morning I put them in put Toshiba Satellite shutting down the laptop back together and turned it on All seems well and good EXCEPT - it has now started shutting itself down It s not a battery problem because the battery hasn t been in it yet At first I thought it was something I had done to the screen because it did it when I was tilting the screen but I have since realised that it s when I touch the touch-pad or indeed anywhere along the front underneath the keyboard It seems to be fine - as long as I don t touch it Have I done something heinous to the laptop or can I sort this out I really hope I haven t killed it Side note - I blame PC World for so many things they are the only people who ve had their paws on it in the past and there are a few screws missing no - I didn t lose them a couple of screws that are the wrong size and the hinge screws are too big one of which as I was screwing it back in shredded the groves I think cause now it just turns and turns before I bust a gasket with this if anyone has any tips as to how to get this screw back out again I d appreciate that too Thank you VERY much in advance for any help nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite shutting down

..."I took it apart, gave it a goo d clean"...Did you remove the CPU fan(s) or heat-sink assembly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-shutting-down.199905/
Relevancy 20.64%

Afternoon Ladies & Gents!

I've spent a few hours on researching this topic. I can't seem to find what I'd need.

Currently I'm looking for a solution. I have about 50 franchised offices. We've played a TV in each of them. Is it possible to put a device in each office and have a "Server" type device to push content over a VPN to them? Also naturally display this on the TVs.

Any comments or points in a direction would be much, much, appreciated.

Thank you!

A:Client-Server Media Streaming

Perhaps a Slingbox would work for this?

http://www.ehow.com/how_6187809_multiple-viewers-slingbox.html
http://www.slingbox.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/client-server-media-streaming.198059/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi Everyone - I occasionally have to share a large file between one person and another for work I was using yousendit which worked site large closed Reliable Yousendit needed... file-sharing fine they have changed to be hightail and they have a blog - at their blog there are many comments circa oct about it now not working and being buggy So I don t want to go with that I am looking for current suggestions of a site for file sharing I am willing to pay a modest fee month like to know it will work well and Reliable large file-sharing site needed... Yousendit closed not junk up anyone s computer with any trashy downloader and is very simple to use - I cannot spend a lot of time teaching people with various levels of web savvy and computer savvy how to make an acct log in work some elaborate quot unique quot interface and so on I would prefer a service where an email goes to the recipient s email address they click on the link and from that easily select an option to download I am not sharing burned CDs or DVDs - I just need to share work-related audio recordings from the person recording to a transcriber When I look at reviews on the web it seems that services change a lot over time so I don t want to go for what had great reviews a year ago Please help with suggestions -Thanks nbsp

A:Reliable large file-sharing site needed... Yousendit closed

Look at shutterfly.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reliable-large-file-sharing-site-needed-yousendit-closed.197694/
Relevancy 20.64%

This will be my first computer build, so I am pretty much lost on where to start even. I want to build a PC that is set up for some mild gaming, I'm not talking about running huge games just something like garry's mod. I also want it to be something I can use for music and movies, something that I can hook up to surround sound and will have good sound and something that isnt going to be sluggish while I'm using it. I feel like it would be pretty simple, and I also have a custom built computer that my motherboard just went out on (I did not build it) so I will be able to use some parts from that. So, any suggestions on what parts would suit me the best and what I need?

A:Wanting to build media PC and slight gaming

Can you post an amount you would like to spend on the machine?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wanting-to-build-media-pc-and-slight-gaming.196460/
Relevancy 20.64%

While transportation, probably my Harddisk must have moved or something, now I cant access it.
I have a Western Digital 1TB HD, and a Western Digital 500 GB HD.
Here's an image explaining whats going on! Can anyone help me with this?

A:PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable

The message

pxe-61: media failureClick to expand...

is telling you that

the CD has nothing mounted which is bootable
the HD has nothing that is bootable
so it tries to boot using the NIC interface and it too has failed
You need to investigate the MBR and the C:\ partition for validity

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pxe-e61-media-test-failure-check-cable.196241/
Relevancy 71.81%

My media sharing option constantly keeps turning off by itself even after I have reset it to share my media on all networked (4) computers and even while watching movies from another computer on my network, I have also enabled media sharing thru Windows media player and it still cuts itself off! can anyone help with this issue??

A:Networking: Media Sharing option turns off

Which version of Windows do you have? Make sure services for media share are enabled.
You might have to

press start key + r at the same time then type: services.msc

Computer Browser (started/manual)

DHCP Client (started/auto)
DNS Client (started/auto)

Function Discovery Resource Publication (started/auto)

start/auto/enable Homegroup Listener
start/auto/enable Homegroup Provider

Network Connections (started/manual)
Network List Service (started/manual)

Peer Name Resolution Protocol (started/manual)
Peer Networking Grouping (started/manual)
Peer Networking Identity Manager (started/manual)

SSDP Discovery (started/manual)

Also check on your system for software that is disabling sharing just our right like cleaners all-in-one does it because in theory suppose to reduce over head.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-media-sharing-option-turns-off.195825/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi,

I have Intel DH77KC, Windows 7 64bit installed, Realtech HD audio, Everything was working fine .. I don't know what happened, last night I plugged my headphone and try to chat with my friend but, mic was not working, its weird, anyhow I noticed that in mixer every thing is good but rear microphone jack is grayed out, I think that is causing the issue.. I don't know why is so, I checked my headphone on my laptop and mic worked fine there, is something wrong with my pc hardware or what is going on please guys I need ur help.

A:Realtech HD Audio Rear Mic Option Grayed Out in Mixer

When did this happen? If you know roughly the time period, you can do a system restore to just before that period and that should fix it if it is software based. Also have a look in the Real tech audio 'control panel' and the Windows sound one in case something got disabled.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtech-hd-audio-rear-mic-option-grayed-out-in-mixer.194445/
Relevancy 26.66%

I recently downloaded the latest Skype for Android to my Motorola Droid M smartphone. When I make a Video Call on Skype there is no option for a Speaker option so I can only hear via the phone earpiece. I have tried using earbuds but the sound can not be heard. I couldn't find any help on the Skype site and others appear to have the same issue. Does anyone know how I can "fix" this myself or how you actually speak with Skype Support?
Thank you,

A:Motorola Droid M and Skype Video Speaker option

Post this question here: http://community.skype.com/t5/English/ct-p/English?profile.language=en.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motorola-droid-m-and-skype-video-speaker-option.193707/
Relevancy 18.49%

I recently purchased a TB External HDD for work and I cannot access it media" HDD, 7 "no External will computer ryecognize Windows Samsung not through quot My Computer quot Following is the situation - Plugged in the SATA and recognized drive and downloaded most current drivers - Recognized by computer in quot Disk Management quot as the device is running properly - Attempted changing the drive letter with no resolution I tried every letter change from F to Z - Recognized in the quot Disk Management quot window but has printed below it quot No Media quot - Attempted USB Clean Up but this didn t resolve the problem - Tried on a different Windows computer with the same issue - Trouble shot all of the cables and USB ports with no resolution - Tried several different configurations for plugging unplugging restarting etc with no resolution - Installed and ran most recent Windows Update - Went to product website with no resolution Please if you have any suggestions or recommendations please help Windows 7 Samsung computer will not ryecognize External HDD, "no media" I do need this very much for Windows 7 Samsung computer will not ryecognize External HDD, "no media" work nbsp

A:Windows 7 Samsung computer will not ryecognize External HDD, "no media"

What Manufacturer and Model is the HDD? Also, on Windows 7, I believe the max partition size a computer can recognize is 1TB, so a suggestions is using Disk Management, seperate it into separate partitions of 750 gb or so, then just link them in a RAID configuration. This will allow Windows 7 to recognize it as a single drive, but will also allowed you to use the full 3TB of space.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-samsung-computer-will-not-ryecognize-external-hdd-no-media.192310/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi,

I've had a problem with my speakers for a while. They will just stop working if I skip forward a few songs on iTunes. They also stop working when I skip forward in time in a song in iTunes, or when I skip forward in time on youtube videos.

Disabling and enabling the speakers in playback devices usually fixes this problem. Restarting my computer always fixes the problem.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

A:Volume Stops Working When Using Audio/Video Media

Can you tell me what is under the "Sound, video and game controllers" tab in device manager like this:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/volume-stops-working-when-using-audio-video-media.191962/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have all the computers in the network shown, but none of them can be reached from another they say u do not have permission. may I get a way to fix this?

thanks in advance
nickc

A:Network not sharing

Which versions of Windows are on ALL of your systems?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-not-sharing.189257/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop and recently it keeps on shutting down without warning, the fan kicks in (quite loudly) and then total loss of power. It comes back on as soon as I press the on button and it doesnt feel too hot. help please?!

A:Dell Inspiron 1545, shutting down

Go to this site: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/inspiron-1545 and download the driver under BIOS. Make sure all apps are closed and your PC is plugged in before flashing and follow the directions carefully or you can ruin your computer. After this, download realtemp: http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/ and run the exe after extracting the file. Tell me your temperatures for each core. good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1545-shutting-down.187667/
Relevancy 24.51%

Heres my problem I have shared my wireless connection on the laptop, hooked up an ethernet cable from desktop to laptop but its saying unplugged on desktop there is no light by the ethernet port on desktop, both computers running windows 7
now I have tried 4 different cables that I know work, both the ethernet ports on the laptop and desktop work have tried them both and they connect almost instantly, is there a setting somewhere I am missing, please help because I really dont want to go buy a 50 footer and run to connect my desktop to internet.
Thank you in advance.

lostinMYworld

A:Sharing laptop wireless connection with desktop

Have you right clicked on "share this network connection" on the adapter in the connection manager:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-laptop-wireless-connection-with-desktop.188044/
Relevancy 21.07%

Im looking to buy a media streamer. all I really need is DNLA support and non hd. im on a tight budget so ill be buying off ebay.

A:Media streamers

What about Roku?
http://www.roku.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-streamers.187767/
Relevancy 27.09%

My computer will be running fine and then it will cut off. It has done this over and over. Do you think that this an issue with the power supply? The error reads: Shut down due to environmental Temperature and Have PC Serviced immediately.

A:My computer is randomly shutting down

You are over heating. Your best bet would be to open the case if this is a desktop and get a can of air and blow the dust from your fans and cpu and see if this helps. You may even need to replace the cpu thermal paste.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-is-randomly-shutting-down.187576/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,
wanting to get a media center PC, any suggestion?I have been looking at shuttle, ARCTIC and Apple...Macmini is a bit too expensive. Wondering if anyone know about the AMD APU Trinity A10 processor? Coz it seem to to the latest, which the MC101 from ARCTIC has it?
thanks,

A:Want to buy media center PC or HTPC

You already said you are getting the ARCTIC MC101 in this thread: http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-with-amd-apu-trinity-a10-4600m.181427/#post-1183102. I suppose you've changed your mind.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-buy-media-center-pc-or-htpc.181431/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have recently moved into my girlfriend s brother house and they have virgin fibre optic broadband The Superhub is the router that comes with it and im having so many problems trying to connect to it Im running Hub Super Virgin XP and Media Windows xp sp and have a Bt voyager pci wireless card Looking at the network Virgin Media Super Hub and XP connections it says that im connected with good signal but if I try to load a web page I get an error screen saing im not connected to the internet now at the moment the wireless seems to be working fine on my iphone and ipad Also if I plug my old laptop into the router via ethernet cable I have the same problem I can see im connected in network Virgin Media Super Hub and XP connections but cant load a web page I have tried changing all the encryption settings on the router and even disabling all encryption and I still have the same problem of being connected but with no internet Anyone got any more ideas I have tried everything I can think of and so far im just tethering my phone so I can at least use my pc nbsp

A:Virgin Media Super Hub and XP

Let's start with a wired connection and get that to be stable+reliable - - the wifi will then just fall into place.

WIRE a connection and disable the WiFi device

now get a command prompt and enter IPCONFIG /ALL >myTCP.txt

followup on this thread and attach the myTCP.txt file or copy/paste its content.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virgin-media-super-hub-and-xp.186526/
Relevancy 24.08%

I Win7(64) no "color scan" with Omnipage17 option see Mailpup or moved me to hardware I doubt this is a hardware issue As indicated below all worked properly under XPSP It is only under Win that this issue has cropped up So I am not sure if this is the best place In short Omnipage is not communicating properly with my Win7(64) no "color scan" option with Omnipage17 Mustek A scanner on a Win system There were no issues with this software and scanner running on xpsp Not sure what I could be missing Any help appreciated Thanks Longer Description Wondering how to get color capability with OP on my Win system Currently all I can get are B amp W and Grayscale for my scan options All scanner quot sizes quot B -A letter and legal are available in the Tools- gt Options - gt Scanner toolbox and they work properly So OP is partially working with the scanner NOTE OP was working properly fully with this scanner on my old xpsp system System Information Omnipage Professional version Product ID OP- - - OS Win Computer Dell Vostro i processor Scanner Mustek SE A USB Pro What I have done Downloaded the lasted drivers ScanExpress A USB WIN zip from Mustek Uninstalled the old driver installation from Device Manager Reboot Reinstall Mustek software Reboot Open Omnipage - gt Tools - gt Options - gt Scanner - gt Setup Download Latest Scanner Database from Nuance Select amp Test Scanner TWAIN SE A USB Pro - gt Next Would you still like to test your device - gt Yes The scanner is already in the database Would you still like to test your device - gt Yes Close any other applications that might be using your scanner - gt Next After running all available tests Omnipage still cannot see the scanner s color capability Testing the Scanner from Control Panel - gt Devices amp Printers - gt Scanner Select Right Click for Properties - gt Diagnostics - gt Test Scanner quot Successfully completed the diagnostic test quot Testing by Control Panel - gt Devices amp Printers - gt Scanner Select Right Click for Properties - gt Start Scan Here the quot Color quot Option is available And it successfully creates a color scan I found no help on this topic at Nuance Either Knowledge base or Forums Google coming up dry too Not sure what I could be missing Any help appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Win7(64) no "color scan" option with Omnipage17

Typically this is a driver problem. find the driver from the print/scanner manufacturer and dl/install it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-64-no-color-scan-option-with-omnipage17.186106/
Relevancy 27.09%

Basically, I have a laptop that, whenever I play certain games, I get about ten minutes of game-play, then it just shuts down like I had held the power button for so long. would like an answer to the problem, as I'm getting guild wars 2 this Sunday and want it to be playable.
Games it has shut down on:
TF2
games that it hasn't shutdown on:
Diablo 3

specs
manufacturer: e-machines
model: eME732
processor: intel core i3 m 370 @2.4ghz
ram: 2GB or 2048mb
DirectX: 11

A:Having problems with my laptop shutting down

1 is your graphics card suitable for playing the games I would say on the said laptop go to google then type can you run it then click on link thise will take u to a site that will help determine the games you can play so once on there theres 2 drop down boxes in the 2nd box look for your games then click then after click on canurunit tab and wait then the system will tell you pass or fail and on what parts for instance it might say core i3 pass but on graphics it might say fail .. if passes on all then let us know and then can look further

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-problems-with-my-laptop-shutting-down.185935/
Relevancy 26.23%

So this has never really been an issue before until just recently My HD got so corrupted that I had to reformat the drive and reinstall all the recovery components After doing all this I was reinstalling games back onto my system and have been having some intermittent issues with shutting down which just recently got worse When playing games like Sims or Dungeons games that are graphically intense and larger the computer now will shut off within - down overheating high and shutting games G73 on laptop end Asus minutes No graphic anomalies and I am able to turn Asus G73 laptop overheating on high end games and shutting down it right back on without the computer baring me due to an overheated system The system doesnt shut down when running movies or playing games like fallout or other bit games I ran hardware monitor and speed fan when I was running dungeons and got the following data HW monitor reports Min Max C Therm Intel core i QM Core Core Core Core ST AS Assembly Air Flow ATI Mobility Radeon HD TMPIN Speed Fan reports Speed fan only sees one CPU Fan running at a range of - RPM However my laptop has two fans within it should it be reporting CPU Fans When running dungeons the fan jumps to RPM The GPU temp is normally C but when running dungeons it jumps to C Im running an Asus G Jh gaming laptop The BIOS is version Intel core i CPU Q GHz Memory mb ram HD gb gb of gb free OS Windows Home premium bit build My question is whether or not one of my fans isnt working anymore Which happened a year ago and I had to replace it or is something else going on that isnt kicking my fans on to cool the system down for gaming I dont tend to hear the fans whirring loudly anymore like they sort of did before when things got a little too hot nbsp

A:Asus G73 laptop overheating on high end games and shutting down

It may very well be your fans again. You may need to open it up and clean it out with a can of air. Try replacing the thermal compound or pads. This may solve your problem. Plus inspect the motherboard for any lose connections. I am sure some one else here will have a few more suggestion to help you out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g73-laptop-overheating-on-high-end-games-and-shutting-down.185380/
Relevancy 24.51%

Ok this one has be stumped Sharing a printer on a heterogeneous network ie Macs PCs First understand that File Sharing is working in both directions Mac files are accessible to the PC and conversely Second the printer in question is USB attached and when connected to the Mac the Mac can print to it when connected to the PC it can print too File Sharing setup uses User PWD to access the shares belonging to that specific user SO one would assume that it would be trivial to Add Printer point to the other system select the printer that is shown as shared and you re done printer network a Sharing on heterogeneous a GRRR -- nope The desire operation is to have the Printer Shared on the Sharing a printer on a heterogeneous network PC and the Mac to access it From the Mac OS accessing the PC Win Pro SP attached printer nothing appears in the print queue Sharing a printer on a heterogeneous network on the PC and various errors occur attempting to print to it Here are Sharing a printer on a heterogeneous network the setups that I have tried the from the Mac Print Browser - gt Windows Printing should use ports - gt Network Neighborhood - gt Workgroup Name-- gt choose-- gt Pc Name- gt user pwd error unable to connect using user pwd given humbug same user pwd works for Files Add Feature to the PC LPD and add IP Printer- gt give lan address of the PC and it gets validated selecting Generic Postscript Device Print- gt select IP Printer- gt shows Starting Job and progress forever nothing being queued on the PC I would assume that Print Shares would be accessed by the GUEST account nbsp

A:Sharing a printer on a heterogeneous network

I can tell you from experience, the problem is on the mac side and it has to do w/ OS X 10.4 Tiger. Upgrade to 10.5 Leopard and I bet it'll work - because I had a very similar situation and it resolved the issues. Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-a-printer-on-a-heterogeneous-network.184418/
Relevancy 21.07%

I'm looking for a service that will 're-stream' a broadcast from a low-bandwidth server so that many more people can access it.

I figured I would use something like Windows Media Encoder 9 for the initial low-bandwidth server to a service with high-bandwidth so hundreds or thousands can access it.

Specifically, I am trying to rebroadcast an actual radio station onto the web. They have very slow connection or I'd point everyone directly.

Any advice would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-rebroadcasting.183475/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a LAN connection between desktop(XP) and laptop(Vista), since laptop has WiFi and desktop PC doesnt have any internet connection, can I share WiFi to the desktop PC, like tethering with android phone? If I can, how?

A:Network sharing over 2 PCs with LAN

Here's the link you need to review - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Using-ICS-Internet-Connection-Sharing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-sharing-over-2-pcs-with-lan.181141/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello I think i ve got the noisiest video card on the planet but that s not the issue The issue is that in most games when it reaches about - degrees C my video card driver stops working Ti down MSI heating GTX 550 driver shutting video GeForce and up as Windows kindly tells me in a pop-up It does reinitialize MSI GeForce GTX 550 Ti heating up and video driver shutting down almost instantly but this is definately not normal and it s annoying to have the game stop for a sec while the driver does that While i can t complain about the temperature since i understand that s within the limit degrees max according to producer i definately need to find a fix for this problem Full PC specs are KingMax GB DDR MHz Intel Core i MSI GeForce GTX 550 Ti heating up and video driver shutting down GHz box MSI GeForce GTX Ti OC GB DDR -bit Seagate GB SATA-III rpm MB Barracuda Arctic Cooling Silentium T full black Gigabyte GA-H MA-D V Sirtec - High Power Element W I have the latest nvidia driver I have a fan at the front and at the back of my PC case only has slots so the air flow is decent Any ideas I didn t try to OC it or anything like that nbsp

A:MSI GeForce GTX 550 Ti heating up and video driver shutting down

If the card is making noise and giving Windows errors, replace it. The noise is coming from the fan. Is anything touching the fan inside the case?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-geforce-gtx-550-ti-heating-up-and-video-driver-shutting-down.179563/
Relevancy 27.52%

I want to use virtualbox software it says in settings that you need to enable the virtualization option in host system to add more than one cpu.But in the bios i was unable to find the option.Please help me.

A:Unable to see virtualization option in BIOS

may not support it. make sure you look up the processor you have and check if it supports it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-see-virtualization-option-in-bios.177946/
Relevancy 27.09%

My Laptop is shutting down suddenly without any error message or without showing any shutdown screen it is just like working on a desktop having no UPS supply and all of sudden light goes off.....

I have check my battery,ram,motherboard,and also uninstall all drivers,install new windows but the problem still there....

and this is not because of overheating

so please help me out..

A:Laptop is shutting down suddenly!

"and this is not because of overheating"...

This IS an over-heating symptom. The cooling fan could be failing or giving the CPU/motherboard a false over-heating symptom. Also, check the bios settings , for fan control if any

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-is-shutting-down-suddenly.177871/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi Guys I just bought an Acer Aspire z- laptop It has windows and a realtek sound card The problem is that I am not getting a good sound from my headphones when I connect them to the laptop I have tried pairs and I face the same issue I tried changing the settings from realtek control panel but there is no specific option for headphones there Also in control panel gt sound gt manage audio devices there is no option for headphones I have selected both quot show disabled devices quot and quot show disconnected devices quot and still i cannot see any option for headphones I sent out a mail laptop for headphones option my No new settings in sound in :( to acer tech support and they said that I have to control my headphones using the quot speakers option quot that I see under control panel gt sound gt manage audio devices Can it be like that I thought I should be seeing all the options since it is a windows feature I have updated all the drivers and all but nothing seems to be working Please help me out over here Thanks in advance Lovish nbsp

A:No option for headphones in sound settings in my new laptop :(

Yes, in the Windows 7 Control Panel you will see a "Sound Option". Select headphones and select configure...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-option-for-headphones-in-sound-settings-in-my-new-laptop.175746/
Relevancy 24.51%

Not sure if this belongs here or on the networking board. Anyway...
We have a network of about 20 pcs. I recently installed four new machines that run Windows 7 with Office 2010. The server is running Server 2003. Three of the machines worked perfectly from the beginning, accessing the server and sharing folders and files. One machine will only open files in "read only" mode. I have shared all the folders and given every permission there is but it will only open the files in "read only". It is a critical accounting machine that has to share and change files. What am I missing?

A:Sharing folders and files in Office 2010

hmm; your wording is imprecise so need to make sure what you mean,

Office 2010 can not be shared other than the Calendar events and that's not done
via "sharing".

You don't state the application that is sharing the common file on the server,
but I assume some accounting system installed on multiple client systems are attempting
concurrent access to the same accounting data.

You don't say if this has ever worked before with this setup or if this is the initial install for the Sharing of the accounting data.

First action is to access that file by only one system at a time (ie: disconnect the mapped Drive letter) and get that working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-folders-and-files-in-office-2010.174216/
Relevancy 24.51%

i got a reliance broadband net connection a few days bak with a dynamic ip.. me n my bro wan to share th connection bt v r unable to share it. i need router config steps to share this conection. pls help

A:How to configure a router for Internet sharing?

This sharing has to do with the computers more than the router. Just set up the router per the supplied instructions and set up DHCP sharing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-configure-a-router-for-internet-sharing.172988/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hay all This is my first post here so first of HELLO all members of techspot I hope some of u would spere some neurons for my question c-media USB STATIC SLI M2N-E cm6501 Audio I have a strage problem with my USB Audio quot c-media cm quot on a M N-E SLI mobo sometimes my audio just jumps to horible static it hapents for no reason so i testet the M2N-E SLI USB Audio c-media cm6501 STATIC drivers in windows x but there ok when i boot up my debian OS its the same problem quot STATIC quot so this rules out a driver problem i ones had this problem before I thought it was broken hardware so it put in a PCI audio card M2N-E SLI USB Audio c-media cm6501 STATIC and disabled it in the BIOS and whent on with my life after a while i M2N-E SLI USB Audio c-media cm6501 STATIC removed the pci card an jakt it back in the onboard audio and it WORKT agean the STATIC was gone and today the problem is BACK so what i did --checked the driver s linux and windows --bios UPDATE to latest revision --checkt BIOS settings --turnt usb audio on and off in the bios --cleant the audio jack s but stil have the problem my pci audio card is bricked so can t use that anymore does someone have a tip on how to fix this nbsp

A:M2N-E SLI USB Audio c-media cm6501 STATIC

Get a dedicated sound card my friend. gl USB audio will give horrible DPC latency....thx, gl,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/m2n-e-sli-usb-audio-c-media-cm6501-static.172407/
Relevancy 20.64%

So when I start up my laptop, it tells me that windows did not start successfully.

As soon as I pick a command, it blue screen.
Can I do anything to fix this?

A:Windows XP Media Center Edition problem

What are Blue Screen error codes and do they list any drivers? Have you been infected lately? Installed any new hardware? How old is this system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-media-center-edition-problem.171035/
Relevancy 27.09%

My Toshiba Satellite A -S Laptop with down Toshiba A10 shutting Satellite a Pentium Processor that is Ghz and GB RAM started having a problem of shutting down without warning Shortly before this problem started the CPU cooling fan started to make some Toshiba Satellite A10 shutting down noise After it shutdown I opened the computer and removed the cooling fan cleaned the heat sink fan and sprayed a little silicone on the fan motor Reinstalled the fan and powered up the computer without any more problems The computer ran without incident for several days and then shutdown again even though the fan seemed to be running normally That did it new fan on order and while I was at it upgraded RAM from MB to GB With the new fan removed the heat sink cleaned the old thermal compound from the CPU thoroughly cleaned the heat sink and put everything back together using Arctic Silver on the CPU The computer powered up and ran for about minutes and shutdown I removed the heat sink again to check that it was making good contact with the CPU and it looked OK Reassembled and powered up the computer again This time it ran for days before shutting down During this time I monitored the Toshiba Satellite A10 shutting down discharge air temp Toshiba Satellite A10 shutting down from the cooling fan and it was approximately C but the CPU and heat sink were a bit warmer I could put my finger on them and not get burned so I m not sure just how hot a CPU gets before shutting down Now I can t keep the computer running long enough to download software to monitor the CPU temp I have attempted to check the BIOS but the computer shutdown before I could finish copying the information I really don t have a thorough understanding of just what I am looking for here Can anyone give some advice as to what should be my next step and what could be the root cause of this problem I should mention that I do not have any stop messages or error warnings either before or after it shuts down Kal nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite A10 shutting down

Does it still shut down with the battery removed, and only using the AC adapter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a10-shutting-down.169335/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have noticed that my computer (and many others) have an option called "PCI-LAN" or similar in the BIOS boot menu (when I press F8 I get the option to choose boot device, HDD, CD, USB and PCI-LAN).

I'm just curious, what is this for, and how could I use it?

A:LAN boot option in BIOS

Not sure about PCI-LAN, sounds like a NIC.
Are you referring to PXE booting?
That is where you set up an image on a server that people can boot from without having the OS actually on their hard drive.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preboot_Execution_Environment

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-boot-option-in-bios.168805/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi all I just finished updating Windows Ultimate on my studio computer labeled studio in my systems if you wish to see all specs and when I went to reboot it it displayed the error message quot PLEASE REBOOT AND SELECT PROPER BOOT DEVICE quot So immediately I thought I must have the boot order wrong or the hard disc set to RAID or something Error: new "Please reboot select and media" build on proper boot What I ve done so far Tried to play with BIOS settings and SATA connections in every possible configuration - NO RESULT Tried to boot from Win disc in order to repair - got same message even when hard disc disconnected Took out one stick of RAM and tried both in both Error: "Please reboot and select proper boot media" on new build slots - NO RESULT Checked all cabling and recabled entire system from ground up - NO RESULT Swapped out motherboard with a completely different brand new motherboard the MSi GTM-E - NO RESULT Repeated steps - with new motherboard - NO RESULT Checked hard drive multiple times and even booted from it attached to my MAIN computer Error: "Please reboot and select proper boot media" on new build s motherboard - Hard drive totally operational no result for studio computer I need serious help on this one If anyone has any advice that I have not tried please please please help It is an older hard drive but has only been used with Win nbsp

A:Error: "Please reboot and select proper boot media" on new build

Did you try running "fixmbr" or "fixboot" from the repair console? Here's a M$ support page on that: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392

Are you saying that updating from Windows Update trashed the install?

Or, the BIOS in most new boards comes set to run as IDE. Have you tried setting the HDD to "AHCH". (I think that would be called directly, "SATA" in an AMD based board).

Plan "B" always involves trying to boot from a Linux CD to attempt to access and copy your data files, before a drastic measure like zeroing out the drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-please-reboot-and-select-proper-boot-media-on-new-build.168941/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi all, I have just gotten a Asus P5N-E Sli mobo, installed a P4 socket 775 530 3.0Ghz, which according to the asus website is supported for this mobo. Also installed 2 GBs of ram which is recognized during POST, during POST it states the CPU correctly, amount of ram, etc., but at the bottom of the POST I get a warning that the CPU is not recognized and that I should update the BIOS to get the full power of the processor? Then it shuts down after a 30 seconds to a minute. If I go into the SETUP it will stay on for a minute then shut down. According to the BIOS it has the latest version, 1406? I am at a lose on what to do next! Help ;-)

A:Asus P5N-E SLI shutting down

It sounds like the bios settings for your memory and/or CPU are incorrect. If you are not running the bios defaults, do so. If you are running defaults, try increasing the memory voltage a bit... This may be an issue with the power supply too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5n-e-sli-shutting-down.166900/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi guys, I have just changed my desktop pc case to a opera media case, everything seems to run well accept, my DVD writer, when I check my computer it now shows the DVD writer as a cd, where it used to show it has a DVD writer with it's samsung name, and now it won't recognise my dvd's, also my second he'd is not showing in my list of drives, but on start up it's listed as the SATA 2 drive ?, anyone can help please, thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-media-pc-case-problems.166464/
Relevancy 20.64%

I recently reformatted my os because of a virus. Now DVD's won't fill up the screen when I go into the full screen mode. There is a bar at the top and bottom of the screen. It also does it when streaming video from the internet in full screen mode.

A:Windows Media Player 11 won't play fullscreen

I understand that you recently killed off your hard drive and re-installed an O.S. But after the O.S. installation was complete, did we make sure that all the required video drivers were installed as well? Also seeing that you posted that this is about Windows Media Player, did you also go to a couple web sites and snooped around for some (codec) packages? Also you might want to go into Windows video setting, via the (display) or (display icon) in your (control panel) and see what your video settings are and maybe make the required adjustments.

Just a thought..................good luck in your quest for the answer!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-media-player-11-wont-play-fullscreen.163860/
Relevancy 20.64%

My os is wxp sp3 and I used to have vlc and it worked just fine till I got a virus and had to format/reinstall. Now the vlc has choppy video and audio. I have a 2.66 ghz processor with 1gb ram.

A:Choppy audio and video with VLC media player

This is almost certainly because of missing codecs to playback your files.
The correct ones were probably installed and worked before you formatted the pc, but they were deleted in the format.
There are several packs of codecs you can try to solve this, but one I have used with good results is at;
http://www.mediacodec.org/download/

also this one, but note it is 147MB to download;
http://download.cnet.com/Windows-Essentials-Media-Codec-Pack/3000-13632_4-10662709.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choppy-audio-and-video-with-vlc-media-player.163745/
Relevancy 27.52%

I believe I am talking about quot fake quot raid here To the point I am building a file server using FreeNAS with a PC thats over a few years old I d say around - years RAID best PCIe, option? PCI and cards, wanting to set up a RAID function with this I ve learned after a bit of reading that there are such things as fake raid where the processor actually handle where the data goes and this is fine as these RAID cards, PCI and PCIe, best option? also seem to be much cheaper I m using a bit older mobo can post model later upon request that has SATA ports for RAID or I am considering getting a card to support up to HDDs Here are options I ve been looking at Syba PCI Express SATA II x Ports RAID Controller Card SY-PEX Adaptec RAID SA - Storage controller RAID - Channel - SATA- low profile - MBps - RAID JBOD - PCI Express x SYBA SY-PCI PCI Low Profile SATA II Gb s Controller Card Adaptec -R SA PCI Express X -Port SATA GBS Low-profile Host RAID Controller Now I realize Amazon com doesnt give good descriptions Also is there a RAID function build into FreeNAS I cannot seem to get window shares to work with that so I still need to work that out using nbsp

A:RAID cards, PCI and PCIe, best option?

Here are options I've been looking at.

Syba PCI Express SATA II 4 x Ports RAID Controller Card SY-PEX40008

Adaptec RAID 1430SA - Storage controller (RAID) - 4 Channel - SATA-300 low profile - 300 MBps - RAID 0, 1, 10, JBOD - PCI Express x4

SYBA SY-PCI40026 PCI Low Profile SATA II (3.0Gb/s) Controller Card

Adaptec 2240900-R 1430SA PCI Express X4 4-Port SATA 3GBS Low-profile Host RAID ControllerClick to expand...

Adaptec has been the leader for decades and using the CARD avoids the 'fake-raid' software implementation. One big advantage is the card completes the operation without the assistance of the CPU.

Once you opt for the raid-controller card, you (imo) really ought to go with
SCSI attached devices which give you hotplug support and dynamic raid recovery.[x]

Be carefull: Even Microsoft does not recommend attempting to boot from a Raid.
Raid is a server function to avoid a single point of failure, and even with Raid-1 or Raid-10, you still need a backup system.

[x]The NAS Raid-x is frequently SCSI internally for these reasons

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-cards-pci-and-pcie-best-option.163319/
Relevancy 27.09%

Computer is randomly shutting off when in use I will be typing on word and it shuts off I turn it back on and listen to music a little later it shuts off use shutting randomly Computer during off again Turn it back on and leave it run for a while come back to it and move the mouse and it shuts off again I have sleep and hibernate Computer randomly shutting off during use mode shut off this PC also this PC is keep on for days When it shuts off the screen shuts of and tower shuts off and power button blinks blue Thought it was in sleep or hibernate mood so move the mouse nothing hit enter on the keyboard nothing Try pushing the power button nothing Have to turn off the power bar to restart the computer Then on boot up it says windows did not shut down properly I manage to scan the computer for virus none showed up on Bitdefender I went into bios and fans are work and CPU temp is at C which is normal The PC is an Emachine about years old with MS- motherboard and AMD Sempron processor with Vista SP on it I dont know what could be the problem with it any help suggest or idea would be great nbsp

A:Computer randomly shutting off during use

Hello, welcome to techspot. The first thing that comes to mind is the powersupply. E machines are known for having bad power supplys andi have experenced it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-randomly-shutting-off-during-use.162721/
Relevancy 27.09%

my packard bell laptop keeps shuting down.looked at fan looks good no dirt or anything.but has heat sink pads can i replace these or could i put heat sink paste on instead.i have also checked hard drive no problem there.could someone please help
solved problem it was cpu

A:My Packard Bell keeps shutting down

Go on Dos settings and check if you fan are working?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-packard-bell-keeps-shutting-down.162644/
Relevancy 21.07%

I posted an hour ago about a problem I had trying to run GB k ultra drives in one of my personal computers with a mb controller a pci-x which I had connected to a PCI slot and had problems so that is out of the system until I get some answers and help problems not from the pci-x being in the PCI but - i don t know yet Anyway I am a hardcore media junkie including automation with speed I have a U case perfect setup to fit the drives in it however the k drives will only hold mb however the media is on my external drives all of them are maxed a bit over TB so building the U drives for a media box not so great or can it be tell me some ideas so I can build I am media setup? for a SCSI stuck right now not knowing what to do The speed will be fast much much faster then the fastest ide sata hdd even running at half the performance not being used for server related just personal home nbsp

A:SCSI for a media setup?

What are you actually asking for help with?

I don't see the point in 4 296MB hard disks - You might as well bin them! They might sound good, but anything that old, with that capacity is going to be slower than a brand new SATA2/3 hard disk. The speed of new disks will come from the bandwidth of the interface, which will be severely reduced on anything as old as the 296MB hard disk.

A mechanical hard disk with 7,200RPM spindle speed in a homeserver is more than adequate alongside gigabit ethernet at running HD with bandwidth to spare. 10K disks, or SSDs are totally unneeded, and would be pointless in your case anyway, as your external hard disks are going to be throttled by the USB connections they're connecting to the computer with, not the speed of the network (assuming gigabit).

A 1TB hard disk sits around 30-40 these days (probably the same money in Dollars), so no need to be looking elsewhere at faster stuff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/scsi-for-a-media-setup.162594/
Relevancy 24.51%

replaced cisco wrt110 router (bad plug) with cisco E1000 router.
Windows 7 machine (wireless) can no longer print to HP printer (LPT1 port) that is attached to XP machine (hardwired). Printer works with XP machine always shows offline on windows 7 machine and print just remains in print queue. Printer is viewable on windows 7 machine. Printer is setup for sharing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-sharing-via-cisco-e1000-router.162548/
Relevancy 18.06%

Have a "pxe-e61: media test failure, check cable" error on a toshiba satelitte L455-S5975, Windows 7

Had to replace hard drive because orginal failed. Changed BIOS to boot CD/DVD drive first, then hard drive second, to load Windows. When I started laptop I received "pxe-e61: media test failure, check cable" error. I changed BIOS to load the hard drive 1st, CD/DVD 2nd. same issue.
- BIOS does identify both HDD & CD/DVD drives.
- CD/DVD drive was working correctly right before the old HDD failed.

What else can I do?

Thanks.

A:"Pxe-e61: media test failure" error help

Go into your Bios and see if Network is in the boot order and disable it. Then try to boot again and post back what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pxe-e61-media-test-failure-error-help.162394/
Relevancy 27.09%

Ok here s the deal Computer was randomly shutting down Did some research and seems to be with most forums and info that it s overheating or power supply issue Fixed it was a poor job on the paste on the CPU last time i ll buy a pre-built The problem While I was figuring my computer out I decided to upgrade my wifes a little I have dual Nvidia GT s and I gave her one of them switched out her ATI or Shutting down think randomly, overheating its don't PSU Installed the drivers and used driver sweeper to make sure the ATI was gone Now all of a sudden her computer is suddenly shutting off So I figured well maybe it was my graphics card so i took mine back out and put hers back in and reinstalled drivers and sweeped it it s still doing it I find it odd that mine was doing it I took a piece out of mine and put it in hers and now hers is doing it and mines working again with that GT back in and the other computer still isnt working any ideas nbsp

A:Shutting down randomly, don't think its PSU or overheating

This is a bit strange, but, most likely a problem with drivers. How did you install the driver for the Nvidia card in your wifes PC was it a download or from a disk. Also did you clean out the Nvidia driver before you re-installed the ATI and what source did the ATI driver come from.

When the Nvidia card was in your PC causing problems it may have had a bad connection which has been corrected by reseating it.

If you downloaded the driver from anywhere other than the manufacturers site you may not have the most up to date version, or if from a third party it might be infected with malware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shutting-down-randomly-dont-think-its-psu-or-overheating.160640/
Relevancy 27.52%

Why does my PC shutting down on its own? And also when I have to it turn on there's nothing on the screen.

Does my PC infected?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-keeps-shutting-down-on-its-own.162292/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi
i have a cable connection connected to my laptop and i used the adhoc networking to connect to my iphone.
i have turned off the firewall and turned on internet sharing .
And the wifi in my iphone shows connected as well.
it also shows
IPaddress
subnet mask
router
dns
search domains

bUT still i cant connect to the internet..
what do i do ?
Thanks

A:Not connected to the internet with adhoc sharing

do I read you to say the connections are like

Code:
modem--->PC<---->phone

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-connected-to-the-internet-with-adhoc-sharing.161513/
Relevancy 20.21%

I purchased a refurbished HP blank DVD-R on music not 11 Windows Player will Media burn DC Core Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R Duo E GHz with a DVD -RW drive I am able to write music to a blank DVD-R using ImgBurn but Windows Media Player and will only write to a blank CD-R It will playback the DVD-R that I create on ImgBurn The DVD Device is HL-DT-ST Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R DVD RAM GH L The Operating System is XP Pro I had to purchase a DVD Decoder from Roxio in order to play a DVD movie in Windows Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R Media Player Is there something else that I need to purchase to write music on a blank DVD-R Or is there some setting that needs to be changed Someone suggested that WMP does not write to DVD-Rs but I have WMP on a PC with Vista and it writes to a blank DVD-R with no problem I wrote to the DVD-R on the Vista PC and I was able to read it on the XP Pro PC I just cannot write it on the XP Pro According to Microsoft WMP is supposed to write an audio file to a Data Disk nbsp

A:Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R

1. I would check current firmware version for the DVD and look for a firmware update
> Use Nero Infotool to see current drive info incl. firmversion and look if updates available

2. See if this might apply CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters

3. You might also try a DVD+R disc

/* EDIT */
Oh! i also just noticed you posted in the Introduce Yourself forum. Next time please post in the forum for topic

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-media-player-11-will-not-burn-music-on-blank-dvd-r.160814/
Relevancy 20.21%

It appears that during a storm, my tower was damaged, affected, whatever. The tower will not turn on. However, the green light on the back below the electrical plug flashes when plugged up. I have tried making sure that the on off swich is making contact, and I plan to unplug all the electrical plugs that could have been affected and then seeing if it works, and plugging them back in one by one to see if one of them were damaged. I have been told that there is a fuse that could have been blown but I cannot find a mention of one nor placement of one on the mother board. Is there a fuse?

I have also made sure that the surge protector has been reset, the outlet is fine, etc.

A:Storm surge on my HP mn1160 media center tower

I cannot find a mention of one nor placement of one on the mother board. Is there a fuse?Click to expand...

internal to the PSU and nothing you would recognize if you saw it.
A good friend had this very same experience and we had to replace the PSU and all was just fine. Having suffered once, the user quickly added a UPS to the setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/storm-surge-on-my-hp-mn1160-media-center-tower.160003/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello,
I am using a Sony Vaio loaded with Windows 7 to try to connect, via my home wireless, to an Iomega home server. My other old laptop (running XP) just shows the Iomega as a normal file server, with folders and all my documents etc. Unfortunately the Vaio is only showing the Iomega as a 'Media Device' (in the network and sharing center).. and because of this, it will only open windows media player when I try to access it. How can I stop the server from showing up as a media device?
As a start (and after reading another forum post), I disabled the media streaming service within windows media player network sharing service.. but this hasn't worked.

Thanks..

A:Iomega server showing as media device

Right-click on the iomega server icon and select "properties" See if you can change the device type

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/iomega-server-showing-as-media-device.159347/
Relevancy 20.21%

hp media center m1000 steady blinking light when plugged in. will not go on. anyone know what this means?

A:HP Media Center m1000 steady blinking light when plugged in

Sounds like a fault with the battery to me.

Have you tried removing the battery completely, and then running it off of the mains lead only?

EDIT: I see google lists this as a PC, so the above doesn't apply.

Usually on a PC the blinking light is an indication that the computer is in sleep mode. If it won't power up, try removing the power cable, and then hit the power button (to discharge electrics) and then reconnect, and try powering it up then.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-media-center-m1000-steady-blinking-light-when-plugged-in.158782/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi all,

I'm interested in setting up a media server in my house where I can access pictures, music and video from devices throughout my house wirelessly. I have an old pc that I'd like to use. I also might be able to obtain an HP Proliant ML350 for this. That machine has I believe six HD bays so I'm going to try to get that one. Either way, I'm looking for a good overview of what I'm going to need to do to accomplish this. Does anyone know of a good link or perhaps you've done it yourself and can help. I have a Linksys E3000 that has a USB port that you can plug a media storage device into but I'm wondering if a server or PC can be plugged into a USB drive.

Anyway, any help is appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-server-help.158614/
Relevancy 24.51%

So I'm typing this post right now on the afflicted computer, so it is obvious that I have internet access. Likewise, Network and Sharing Center shows an active connection.

Yet, the tray icon, it shows that I am not connected to any networks. This might be because of a disconnected network that I THINK showed up after installing software for my bluetooth (NSC said it was in use...), and like an ***** I decided to merge it with my main network profile thinking the false notification would go away. Is there any way to completely reset the network location list, so I can essentially start from scratch for locations?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/an-annoyance-with-network-and-sharing-tray-icon.158583/
Relevancy 27.52%

Does realtek 6.0.1.5898 have a line-in option ? I'm getting sound from my hi-fi amp through my computer speakers, and its volume is controllable through the keyboard,
but Audacity 1.3.12-beta! shows "error while opening sound device". Volume Mixer (Windows 7), Sound, shows FrontMic and Microphone only as recording devices. What can I do ?

A:Does Realtek 6.0.1.5898 have a line-in option?

Yes, downloadable

To answer my own question: get on to Acer (in my case) website, and download the HDMI driver for your computer model, soundcard and and version of windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-realtek-6-0-1-5898-have-a-line-in-option.157914/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi Im new in this forum hope you guys can help me out I usually build my own PCs but I dont really have that much experience specially not with HP PCs So I took my own SATA HDD to my cousins home I installed it but since I forgot to bring my own power adapter I unplugged my cousins secondary HDD Anyways there was no problem my HDD was recognized I got the READY FOR USE message and well I got the files I needed After I was recognize wont slave Media Windows reinstalled XP HDD Center done with that I took my HDD plugged back his own secondary HDD and the bios recognized it Then we go into windows it loads no problem but the secondary HDD is not recognized it just wont show on windows explorer or anything This is an old PC its a Pentium D and its an HP model media center windows XP it has a different type of windows bar I dunno I hate the interiors its so hard to reach everything Does matter where I plug the sata cable I never had this problem before with sata HDDs Windows XP Media Center wont recognize reinstalled slave HDD I went to the Windows XP Media Center wont recognize reinstalled slave HDD Bios and saw both HDDs as recognized they even show Windows XP Media Center wont recognize reinstalled slave HDD as functioning hardware on windows control panel add hardware I m just confused that I couldnt make it run but to be honest I didnt have time to work on it cuz I had to leave actually I just got home from his house and Im going tomorrow to try to fix it hope you guys can help or give me any clues on what I can try to do tomorrow bye nbsp

A:Windows XP Media Center won´t recognize reinstalled slave HDD

The computer was turned off when you removed the power cable yeah? Or was it running?

If all you have done is remove the power cable there should be no reason for it to stop working. The fact it has, suggests to me that you've either removed it with the computer powered up, or removed something else (like maybe the data lead isn't connected correctly).

The SATA data cable will work regardless of what port its plugged into. I've regularly moved mine around for whatever reason while working on the inside of my computer and its never been an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-media-center-won%C2%B4t-recognize-reinstalled-slave-hdd.157677/
Relevancy 24.94%

hi
i can surf internet from lan card in my laptop and i want to surf internet via iphone bysharing internet through wi-fi connection that is in my laptop. how it is possible? do any one have any suggestion?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-sharing.157155/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have an Hauppauge 1600 video tuner installed on an Intel 55HC motherboard, running Win 7-64. The 1600 tuner has an analog (TV) nipple and a Hi Def. (ATSC) nipple. The problem is that I'd like to be able to channel surf both spectra on a Charter cable connection like I can on a Samsung Hi-Def tuner. That is, I can only install the cables analog stations when I have the cable connected to the analog cable connection, and when I reconnect the cable to the ATSC nipple, I can only scan and find the hi-def cable channels. Is this a limitation of the tuner card, the media center software, or what?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hauppauge-1600-qam-versus-analog-in-media-center.156107/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi guys I recently formatted my computer screen viewing black Momentary media when with windows XP as I do every few years A creepy little problem started occurring every so often mostly when viewing media such as videos and pictures as well as during game-play a black screen that lasts about seconds As far as I can tell the screen just goes black and does not affect the computer s processes It happens more during games and also of note some pictures will cause the screen to stay black until I remove the picture If I can guess where the X is Momentary black screen when viewing media to close the window I have a ATI x pro I was running the computer with the exact same setup without this problem Momentary black screen when viewing media beforehand I am using the most up to date driver for my card as well Any hypotheses would be appreciated And if you need more info just Momentary black screen when viewing media ask Im kinda new in this forum not sure what info is needed Thanks Alex nbsp

A:Momentary black screen when viewing media

have you tried installing the newest chip set drivers for your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/momentary-black-screen-when-viewing-media.155960/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hey I recently got a new Dell Laptop It s nearly a month old and I ve been having issues with the system randomly shutting down on me and automatically rebooting up again after its shut down Which I suppose is more like a restart Anyone have any idea why it s New laptop is for obvious shutting down no Dell reason? doing this up to a few times a day since my laptop is on for at least hours It could be overheating but it doesn t feel that hot at the time it restarts New Dell laptop is shutting down for no obvious reason? Is there a possible setting that may be turned on or something that makes it automatically restart every now and then that I should look for or change I wouldn t be surprised since it s new that there may be automatic settings that need changing or something It doesn t put up a warning or anything before it restarts it just does it at anytime which is particularly annoying if i m in the middle of something and it dies so I m constantly having to save work I ve got a few years warranty on it if I need to take it back for repairs But it d be much easier if i can figure it out here and now rather than wait for it to be put in for repairs for a few weeks and then get it back S New Dell laptop is shutting down for no obvious reason? nbsp

A:New Dell laptop is shutting down for no obvious reason?

It sounds like a heat issue. heat will make a system shut down fast. Make sure you are running this on a hard surface; not on the carpet, on the bed, or other soft surfaces. Get a cooling pad and tell us if the issue persists. Check the vents to make sure there is no dust build-up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-dell-laptop-is-shutting-down-for-no-obvious-reason.154883/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi, if I go to Network Sharing Center, then advanced settings there are two options: Turn on Network Discovery, and Turn on File and Printer sharing."

The first one is enabled, the second one (file sharing) will not enable.

I had this problem with network discovery as well, but I did some reading and found it was a problem of not having some services started.

So I assume file sharing will not enable for the same reason.

Does anyone have any ideas on what services need to be enabled?

Thanks

A:File sharing won't enable

what are your specs? go to the properties of your network adapter and see if it has file and printer sharing for microsoft networks enabled.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-sharing-wont-enable.154892/
Relevancy 24.51%

I m a bit clueless when it comes to networking but here goes Up until a few weeks ago I modem No replacement after sharing file had a happy home network Was running my No file sharing after modem replacement trusty year old Motorola SurfBoard modem into a Linksys wireless router My tower and xbox were wired to the port on the back of the linksys while my laptop wii and ps were all wireless All had connectivity Tower and Laptop could talk to each other and could share files both ways between them then my modem bit the dust Enter the Motorola SBG Mom needed a router for her place and I needed a new modem so I killed birds with one stone and bought it Mom loves her new router and I well sorta like my Motorola Everything has connectivity but my laptop and tower will not talk to each other anymore xbox was also made wireless at this point When I m on my tower and I attempt to browse the quot Map Network Drive quot I can see both computers listed under my home network name When I attempt to click on the laptop to expand it to select the SharedDocs folder I get the following error message quot newlaptop is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions The network path was not found quot If I attempt the quot Map Network Drive quot from the laptop I get the same message with the exception of the error reflecting my tower name I hope it s something simple like the modem itself is blocking a port or something I ll mention what seems relevant from some other threads I ve tried to understand -both machines are running xp pro sp tower is my own build lappy is AlienWare Area -both machines have file sharing network sharing checked -encryption is set to WPA wireless card can handle it cable SBG gt wireless gt laptop xbox wii ps iphone Tower PC much thanks in advance for any assistance insight i may find nbsp

A:No file sharing after modem replacement

see this thread, post #5

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-file-sharing-after-modem-replacement.154509/
Relevancy 27.52%

I've just installed windows 7 onto my ide hard drive with my sata as a secondary. My sata used to be primary and was the only hard drive I had; now that I've restarted my computer my sata drive no longer shows an assigned letter but looks like it still has the data.
In Disk Management it shows that the sata has a healthy primary partition, but I am given no other options but to delete it. How am I supposed to get that data back?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unassigned-partition-with-only-the-option-to-delete.154306/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello, I have a cable virgin media (20MB) connection. The router that I was supplied with only allows a port to be open to one xbox at a time. The upnp only assign a port to one xbox which means that the other 2 get a "NAT Type: Strict" message.

What cable router would you recommend to allow me to connect 3 xboxs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virgin-media-and-3-xbox-360s-nat-problems.153918/
Relevancy 21.07%

i am unable to play dvd's on my computer/media player

A:Windows Media Player/XP

VLC can play dvds, just download it and install it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-media-player-xp.153547/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi, I'm using windows 7 x64.

Network discovery and file sharing will not enable. My brother cannot access my shared folder from his computer (we're on a lan).

I read to enable these services:

Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Workstation

One or two were disabled so I started them. However Server will not start, it says: "The dependancy service or group failed to start."

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-discovery-and-file-sharing-will-not-enable.153154/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi All Recently my older Acer Aspire - notebook hard drive failed on me It s about yrs old Was running Vista Home I of course like an never burned the recovery media from the hard drive And it s just my luck that Acer no longer has the recovery media available They told me there was nothing recovery no hard media Acer longer failed... available? drive Aspire they could do for me and directed me to Microsoft My question is this I have Windows Vista home running on my Acer Aspire hard drive failed... recovery media no longer available? Desktop If I smack in a new hard drive in the notebook can I use the recovery media from the Desktop to reinstall the OS on the notebook If not do I have any other options I guess I could always run Ubuntu I know this is an older notebook not necessarily worth a lot but I d like to keep this running for my wife She uses it primarily for web surfing and she s hogging my laptop like crazy every since her s died Thanks in advance Frank nbsp

A:Acer Aspire hard drive failed... recovery media no longer available?

You can't legally used your Desktop's recovery media on your laptop (also because usually manufacturer's build such medium for a particular piece of hardware, with all drivers etc. pre-installed).

I think you can either choose to run Ubuntu or you can get one of those cheap OEM windows media from e.g. newegg. However, one draw back of this is, I believe you can't get any help from Microsoft directly, if you ever need it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-hard-drive-failed-recovery-media-no-longer-available.153073/
Relevancy 21.07%

hey gang,
i am d-sub. i have an acer aspire one zg5 netbook. I've owned it for several months. i turned it on recently and got this message while it was booting.
pxe-e61: media test failure, check cable
pxe-mof: exiting pxe rom
then it shows the aspire one logo screen for a second and goes blank. the mouse is setting in the center of the blank screen. i am able to control the mouse. can u help?

A:Media test failure

First, can you see anything... that allows you to remove and reinstall the driver as a first step... Looks as if you have a part to replace, if the configuration allows it... otherwise, is it under warrnty still?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-test-failure.152447/
Relevancy 27.52%

I want to back up my computer, so I went to START ... ALL PROGRAMS ... ACCESSORIES ... SYSTEM TOOLS ... and there is no option for backup. I tried going to CONTROL PANEL ... PERFORMANCE AND MAINTENANCE ... and there was no option there either. Advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

A:I have no option to back up my computer

I'd recommend using third party backup software.
And as a comment, don't put your backups in the same place as the computer you backed up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-no-option-to-back-up-my-computer.151549/
Relevancy 27.52%

Dear Techspot SLI 9800GT with memory 2x unavailable option on different I m at a dead end with my attempts to enable SLI on my system I ve done everything I can Activating coolbits hasn t worked I think because the nature of the nvidia software has changed since coolbits was introduced a few years back My motherboard is SLI option unavailable on 2x 9800GT with different memory definitely set properly as I ve followed the instructions in my manual Here is the latest system report Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor MHz Operating System Microsoft Windows XP -bit Service Pack DirectX version GPU processor GeForce GT Driver version CUDA Cores Core clock MHz Shader clock MHz Memory clock MHz MHz data rate Memory interface -bit Memory MB Memory type GDDR Video BIOS version A IRQ Bus PCI Express x GPU processor GeForce GT Driver version CUDA Cores Core clock MHz Shader clock MHz Memory clock MHz MHz data rate Memory interface -bit Memory MB Memory type GDDR Video BIOS version IRQ Bus PCI Express x Components nvCplUIR dll NVIDIA Control Panel nvCplUI exe NVIDIA Control Panel nvWSSR dll NVIDIA Workstation Server nvWSS dll NVIDIA Workstation Server nvViTvSR dll NVIDIA Video Server nvViTvS dll NVIDIA Video Server nvMoblSR dll NVIDIA Mobile Server nvMoblS dll NVIDIA Mobile Server nvDispSR dll NVIDIA Display Server NVMCTRAY DLL NVIDIA Media Center Library NVOGLNT DLL NVIDIA Compatible OpenGL ICD nvDispS dll NVIDIA Display Server NVCPL DLL NVIDIA Compatible Windows Display driver Version NV MINI SYS NVIDIA Compatible Windows Miniport Driver Version NV DISP DLL NVIDIA Compatible Windows Display driver Version PhysX NVIDIA PhysX NVCUDA DLL NVIDIA CUDA driver nvGameSR dll NVIDIA D Settings Server nvGameS dll NVIDIA D Settings Server Notably the PCI Express section says PCI-E x which is odd My motherboard is an Asus A N-SLI Deluxe so it should be fine The other thing is the video bios is very slightly different for each card along with the IRQ Please help guys Im really struggling on this nbsp

A:SLI option unavailable on 2x 9800GT with different memory

I've just reinstalled my NVIDIA drivers and I got a "Hardware not working properly" message after the system tried to find drivers for the "other PCI Bridge Device". Is this my problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sli-option-unavailable-on-2x-9800gt-with-different-memory.151536/
Relevancy 24.51%

Ok so I have two computers in my house one is mine and my sister computer and the other one is my dad computer so he set up a linksys router file sharing between our computer and i have got to find How Linksys sharing disable? File over router. to a way to disable it so he wont be able to explore my computer files of course not see my internet bookmarks and history how can i do it I File sharing over Linksys router. How to disable? am the administrator of my computer No biggie right Do i have to disable it from his laptop computer I just need to not let him explore my computer from his editing permission is useless when he wasnt home i tried exploring my computer from his and i could change security permissions like Modify Read and just explore C and D drives although I changed my specific folders secrutiy settings i could change them from his computer - its like he is the Workgoup network Admin he can do whatever he wants on my computer from his copmuter i have to disable this sharing plus - where can i learn about computer technology and all this interesting stuff So i will be able to do things myself nbsp

A:File sharing over Linksys router. How to disable?

lol

stop surfing the porn sites and you have nothing to worry about, your dad seems to know heaps more about pc's etc and anything you do he will undo.

as for where to learn,,,well in the words of the Beatles, here there and everywhere....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-sharing-over-linksys-router-how-to-disable.150939/
Relevancy 18.49%

I am at my wits end with this computer We received it yesterday at pm and tried Pavillion on "new" disconnected Winsock error/media HP refurbished for hours to get it connected to the internet with no luck Winsock error/media disconnected on "new" refurbished HP Pavillion We have another laptop ipod touch PS and Wii all connected to the same router with no problems I have tried just about everything you can possibly imagine I even tried downloading a program that says it fixes winsock errors and it couldn t find anything wrong The computer has nothing on Winsock error/media disconnected on "new" refurbished HP Pavillion it so any scans I have run turn up no problems The computer shows that the wireless card is working correctly and the computer can find all available networks just cannot connect When I try to go to a website and then troubleshoot I get this info Error attempting to validate the Winsock base providers Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock catalog A reset is needed already tried a reset When you try ipconfig it shows quot media disconnected quot I don t know what to do anymore nbsp

A:Winsock error/media disconnected on "new" refurbished HP Pavillion

We figured it out finally. We had to reset the router to factory settings and then connect the hp laptop first and now everything is online.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/winsock-error-media-disconnected-on-new-refurbished-hp-pavillion.151111/
Relevancy 20.64%

I bought a Genius Sound Maker Value 5.1 sound card with the CMI8738 chip. I acquired it only to be able to connect my old joysticks to the gameport because my motherboard doesn't have one.

I had XP x64, but I installed the 32-bit version (Professional SP3) after finding out that x64 didn't support the gameport.

I managed to set up the gameport and it's being recognized as 'Standard Game Port'. At first it had an IRQ conflict with the COM1 port, but I changed the COM1's configuration and fixed it.

But every joystick I plug in shows up as 'Not connected' even though they work fine on other computers.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the gameport and sound card drivers multiple times. What am I doing wrong?

A:C-Media CMI8738 gameport not working under XP

Check if that the COM port is well connected to the mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/c-media-cmi8738-gameport-not-working-under-xp.149835/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hey,
Any recommendations on a router which is xbox live compatible and works with the virgin media connection? I bought a belkin which said it was compatible with both but was terrible with xbox live. I'm looking to spend at most 70, any ideas?

Thanks

A:Wireless Router for Xbox 360 and Virgin Media

would you define further

but was terrible with xbox live.Click to expand...

and the exact model of the Belkin, it may have been wireless issues, or other issues rather than just the router
- Are you sure a replacement will fix the issue
What country are you in?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-router-for-xbox-360-and-virgin-media.150506/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hey I run WinXP on an HP a n with a SapphireRaddon graphics card and a Gateway HD LE monitor I just installed Diablo after my computer crashed I have DirectX and ran the tests that Diablo comes with It deemed my computer playable and I went on to try it The error messege Error popped up I went into dxdiag and it came up on Diablo, 640x480 25 Error wrong no display DirectX with nothing option, with this I was looking at a different forum about a similar thing on here http www techspot com vb topic html Error 25 on Diablo, no 640x480 display option, nothing wrong with DirectX thats how I found this place and tried a few things like changing the display and or the color resolution It was suggested to change to high color -bit but my high color is as seen here So I m not really sure what to do anymore but the install of diablo went fine and all my other full screen MMORPG s work just fine Error messege http www facebook com photo php pid amp l d bf amp id dxdiag http www facebook com photo php pid amp l a c f amp id display picture for the resolution color bit settings http www facebook com photo php pid amp l b e de amp id Oh and I put this here because its only the display issue-thing wrong with it and the program it also just happens to be a game nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-25-on-diablo-no-640x480-display-option-nothing-wrong-with-directx.150330/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi All I have here a new PC it s a Acer M for Acer slows down, gets an after media choppy M3802 hour the first hour into a Acer M3802 slows down, media gets choppy after an hour movie or Acer M3802 slows down, media gets choppy after an hour listeining to music it is fine but after an hour or so the pc slows down everything becomes all laggy and choppy also the sound gets distorted I did a reformat a month a go and it was fine if it happens now I have to restart the pc and sometimes wait for the machine to cool down Specs OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Build Other OS Description Acer M3802 slows down, media gets choppy after an hour Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name CORNISHCONNECT System Manufacturer Acer System Model Aspire M System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc P -A SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United Kingdom Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name CornishConnect Lawrie M UHQ Time Zone GMT Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Thanks Lawrie nbsp

A:Acer M3802 slows down, media gets choppy after an hour

If it's under warranty call tech support, before you do download Speedfan to see what your temps are so you can tell the tech. If the computer was out of warranty i would suggest adding a pci fan and mount it right above your video card. I would also update video drivers and make sure the inside of the computer is dust fee. If the computer is sitting on a carpet put it up on something to get it off the carpet for better airflow.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-m3802-slows-down-media-gets-choppy-after-an-hour.149802/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi
I have just purchased a WD mini media player to play my movies on my HD TV.
I have a WD My Book 2T Hard drive and all my movies are AVI.
After setting it all up i have picture but no sound on any movie.
What am i doing wrong or what can i do to fix the problem?
thanks

A:No sound with WD mini media player

There are two WD's the WDTV and the WDTV Live. The Live version of the box can convert DTS sound on the fly but since your using avi that shouldn't be the problem. You have two ways to get the video and sound to your set. One is the HDMI and you need to have the high speed cord to get the best quality (10,000gb/s I believe). The others are Composite (yellow) and component (red/green/blue) for video and then you have to use the (Red/White) audio to get the sound into your TV. There is another option and thats HDMI to DVI and since DVI is just video (like a monitor) you have to use the (Red/White) stereo connectors to get audio to the tv.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-with-wd-mini-media-player.148302/
Relevancy 20.64%

My Windows Media Player won't seem to play this file:
AudioOnly_Site_2006_AudioModule_16_AudioChannel_335_24-Jun-2010_07.23.53.700.WAV"

An error comes up: Audio Codec needed.

But i can open this file at work with Windows media player.

What am i missing?

Please Help!

A:Codec needed on Windows Media Player

You need to install your audio drivers for the device in the computer. Normally, you would use your install disk, or download sound drivers for whatever is installed in your system.
You have not described your system and configuration so we cannot be of much help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/codec-needed-on-windows-media-player.148974/