Windows Support Forum

Can see flash drive, but unable to access

Q: Can see flash drive, but unable to access

Hi there,

HELP! I did read the Flash drive recovery post and it's not looking good for me but would like some input if anyone can help....

The issue: Using a 8gb USB flash drive and I'm unable to access the files. I am able to see it as a removable device - however the name is now "removable device" as opposed to the actual name - I can see in the properties the storage capacity and what is left - but it says "this folder is empty"?

Did I somehow screw this thing up? Is there a way to get my files back?

I get the same result when I plug it into any computer.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
z

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can see flash drive, but unable to access

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can see flash drive, but unable to access

u can try using this utuility to format the drive.

HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool - v2.1.8

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-see-flash-drive-but-unable-to-access.160477/
Relevancy 74.39%

I have a 1GB Cruzer Mini flash drive, and this morning, I was copying MP3 files over, which didn't amount to 970 MB, which was the amount of free space it gave me. Near the end of copying , it gave me a "Disk is full" error, but I still had about 450 MB left. Anyone else run into this or have any idea why I can't access the rest of the space? Thanks in advance!

A:Unable to access all of Cruzer Mini Flash Drive

Solution

Since I never heard any suggestions, I'll assume no one knew, so I'll post the fix for anyone who encounters a similar problem. The drive was originally formatted as FAT and only let me use a bit over 500 MB. Once reformatted (through the Disk Management utility in Windows) with FAT32, I was able to use all the space with no problem. Why SanDisk failed to mention this anywhere is beyond me. Hope this helps someone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-access-all-of-cruzer-mini-flash-drive.23108/
Relevancy 68.8%

In my PC Windows Professional - Bit Operatins System - Service Pack installed whenever I plug in Flash Drive the system creates short cut for all the folders in the Flash Drive The folders and its contents are safe But I am unable to Safely Dismount the Flash Drive and the Flash Cut Safe Dismount Folders Creates Flash Drive Short to - - for Unable Drive system on choosing Eject the Drive will display quot This device is currently in use Close any programs or windows that might be using the device and Flash Drive - Creates Short Cut for Folders - Unable to Safe Dismount Flash Drive then try again quot message If I go through My Computer - Right Click on Flash Drive and then Eject the system shows the following message quot F is Currently in Use Save any Open Files on this disc and then close the files or programs using the files before trying again If you choose to continue the files will be closed which might cause data to be lost Cancel Try Again Continue quot If we choose Continue system displays quot Safe to Remove Hardware quot WHY THIS IS HAPPENING I am having a laptop with same OS and there when I plug in the flash drive it does not create any short cut and no such problems Both the systems are having Symantec Endpoint Protection version and are upto date on Virus Siglature update nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flash-drive-creates-short-cut-for-folders-unable-to-safe-dismount-flash-drive.1088128/
Relevancy 58.91%

I recently purchased a Samsung A920 cell phone for the purpose of the mp3 and expandable memory capacity. I also purchased an inexpensive USB SD card writer/reader, as well as a 512 Micro SD memory card. The writer/reader functions perfectly using a standard SD memory card, yet I can't seem to get the micro card in the SD adapter to function. Every time I attempt to explore the micro card, My Computer hangs up, or I have to use the Task Manager to end the process. If I attempt to drap and drop a file to the card, I get a "Disk is write protected" error, or even"Please insert disk into drive x." I have tried using a different memory card with no effect. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-write-to-or-even-access-microsd-trans-flash-card.72865/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I have an issue I have not have before I am running XP pro SP with all updates installed I use AVG free for everyday protection with a router Drive Access Flash drive denied Infection/Removable disabled: configured as a firewall as well as Flash Drive Infection/Removable drive disabled: Access denied the standard Win firewall I also use Windows Defender Windows malicious software removal too I was using LiveOne Care but it no longer exists I also use Malwarebytes free version regularly and RUBotted So here is the issue I was at a work conference and took my flash drive to transfer my presentation to the laptop that is used for the projector in auditorium Got it back threw it in my purse and never thought anything more about it Today I started to transfer another presentation to the flash drive and wala AVG pops up with quot threat detected move files to virus vault quot The message initially said Recycler exe So of course I click yes to transfer to virus vault It appears the file is in my virus vault I then ran AVG on the flash drive and it came up with another virus CNN and sent it to the virus vault as well I then ran malwarebytes AVG Windows Defender as well as BitDefender online I tried to use Kapersky as well but it appears it is being updated and not available All came up clean So I am thinking the problem is taken care of So I set up AVG to run on the flashdrive again on and it says quot no infection found quot But when I try to access the flash drive as usual it said K access denied that is my USB drive HMMMM now what So I check the drives from My Computer and the K drive has a file folder picture instead of the drive picture When I right click to explore it says K access denied So I went to Windows Explorer to see what files were on the flash drive and it shows my usual files In checking this I looked at the hidden files and found these entries in gray Trojan horse Agent TRI K Recycler helper exe and Trojan horse Dropper Generic AXHE K CNN A Lic exe and autorun inf So I guess the flashdrive is still infected but what is up with the K removable drive issue My computer seems to run okay not slow doesn t redirect to any sites when on the internet either with Firefox or IE I can access the other drives okay My programs seem to run okay Task manager works and my CPU is not showing unusually high demands So what is with the flash drive folder and do you think I am infected or just the flash drive is infected Thanks for your consideration and help Theresa

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/316298/flash-drive-infectionremovable-drive-disabled-access-denied/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a 512MB PNY Attaché USB flash drive. Have been using it without any problems until recently. I am running WinXP Pro which recognizes the drive as H: but when I try to open the drive I get " Please insert a disk into drive H:".
Have I lost everything? Is the drive no longer functional? I am not sure how it got this way we had some power failures recently while it was plugged in and running. Obviously I can't insert a disk.
Any help would be appreciated.

Comtrade

A:Unable to Read USB Flash Drive

Same with my Lexar jumpdrive...

Same thing happened with my Lexar jumpdrive. My computer says it's not formatted.

Just came back from plane trip. Could security equipment at airport wipe out jumpdrive? J2

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-read-usb-flash-drive.26870/
Relevancy 58.05%

My HP 15-af131dx wont let me boot from a live bootable flash drive. I was able to boot from the flash drive on my hp mini 110, and in the past I have ran Ubuntu on a flash drive and it worked fine. What should I do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Unable-to-boot-from-flash-drive/td-p/5720803
Relevancy 58.05%

HI All

I am have Sandisk cruzer mini 1 GB flash and was working fine till today. suddenly now I am unable to see that device in my computer when I connect to my HP laptop (win xp). Right of bottom it says " USB not working properly" Is there any remedy for this?

A:Flash drive unable to connect

Hi there

Try this: Goto Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Right-click 1st 'USB Root Hub' > Properties > Advanced. Unchecked 'Allow computer to disable this to save power'. Do the same for the rest. It worked for me when I got messages like 'USB Device Malfunctioned', 'Unknown Device' or 'USB Device Not Recognized'. Have a great day!

Ronnie

hrraghu said:

HI All

I am have Sandisk cruzer mini 1 GB flash and was working fine till today. suddenly now I am unable to see that device in my computer when I connect to my HP laptop (win xp). Right of bottom it says " USB not working properly" Is there any remedy for this?Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flash-drive-unable-to-connect.44216/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have same problem like PCuser When when I try open DVD drive from My computer I have message Please insert a disk into drive despite Virus to and USB something access DVD drive or flash drive. else block I have DVD in the drive When when I try open USB flash drive I have message like this The disk is Virus or something else block access to DVD drive and USB flash drive. not formatted Do you want to format it now Yes No despite USB flash drive working on other compute Virus or something else block access to DVD drive and USB flash drive. here is a log Sorry becouse of my bad english thx a lot DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Dusko at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT AV AVG Internet Security Enabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Spybot - Search and Destroy Disabled Outdated BC DF - CCA- D-A -C CA F A B SP AVG Internet Security Enabled Updated B F C - - E- - BB D A FW AVG Internet Virus or something else block access to DVD drive and USB flash drive. Security Enabled AFA E - CDC- EF - EE-C C ABA Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C xampp apache bin httpd exe C Program Files Common Files Autodata Limited Shared Service ADCDLicSvc exe C Program Files Autodesk Content Service Connect Service ContentService exe C Program Files Common Files Autodesk Shared Service AdskScSrv exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgfws exe C xampp apache bin httpd exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgidsagent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Windows system drivers CDAC BA EXE C Program Files Connectify ConnectifyService exe C Windows system crypserv exe C Program Files Connectify ConnectifyD exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system FsUsbExService Exe C Windows system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files Moborobo MoboroboDeviceService exe c Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe C Program Files RealNetworks RealDownloader rndlresolversvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Program Files Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Program Files Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater loggingserver exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files SlimDrivers SlimDrivers exe C Program Files TeamViewer Version tv w exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Program Files Launch Manager HotkeyApp exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Windows VM STI EXE C Program Files Launch Manager WisLMSvc exe C Program Files Connectify Connectify exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files AVG Secure Search vprot exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Wi... Read more

A:Virus or something else block access to DVD drive and USB flash drive.

Anybody?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508424/virus-or-something-else-block-access-to-dvd-drive-and-usb-flash-drive/
Relevancy 57.62%

Virus block access to DVD drive and USB flash driveXP PRO SP2 updated to SP3HP desktop computercpu intel e2140When when I try open DVD drive from My computer I have message Please insert a disk into drive despite I have DVD in the driveWhen when I try open USB flash drive I have message like this: The disk is not formatted Do you want to format it now? Yes Nodespite USB flash drive working on other computerWhen I boot from cd-rom Windows PE the DVD drive and usb flash drive working fine no problemsSo far I run rkill, ComboFix found many items, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware full scan found 8 items, Microsoft Security Essentials full scan found 1 item, after all cleaning same problem I try run XP in Diagnostic Startup from Msconfig but still no access to DVD drive and USB flash drive.I appreciate any help

A:Virus block access to DVD drive and USB flash drive

Hello,You will need to Download and Run DDS which will create a Pseudo HJT Report as part of its log..If for some reason you cannot perform a step, move on to the next.Please follow this guide. go and do steps 6 thru 8 ,, Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help . Then go here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ,click New Topic,give it a relevant Title and post that complete log.Let me know if it went OK.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/297535/virus-block-access-to-dvd-drive-and-usb-flash-drive/
Relevancy 57.62%

My OS is Windows Vista Ultimate. The 4GB flash drive which I am using is designated as E:\. There are two MS Word files displayed each time I open the E drive. In attempting to delete these files I have exhausted all possibities that I know (which are limited for sure). One program that I tried was "Revo Uninstaller" which had no effect whatever. Nevertheless, they continue to display upon opening the drive.

The following window pops up after attempting to delete them: "Could not find this item. This is no longer located in E:\. Verify the items location and try again."

Is there a simple solution to remove what is stated not to be in existence, yet continues to display?

A:Unable to delete files from flash drive

i've had a problem like your but it was saying my flash drive was read only. does it work fine on another computer???

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-delete-files-from-flash-drive-416062.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi everyone I have a problem with regards to a USB thumbdrive which I would like to consult the community Recently about a week ago I USB to Flash Drive Detect Unable Computer used my thumbdrive on a MacBook upon Computer Unable to Detect USB Flash Drive which I am done with using the thumbdrive on the system I ejected the disk and removed it from the port However to my dismay when I tried to plug it into my Windows laptop running Windows the device i e USB thumbdrive failed to show up in My Computer My thumbdrive have been working perfectly fine thus far till I plugged it in and out of my MacBook At first when I plugged the thumdrive into my Windows laptop Windows attempted to install the driver automatically but after a while the installation failed As my thumbdrive was brand-less as I got it from a fair the system read the drive as UDisk I tried to troubleshoot the device going to Device Manager and trying to update the device driver but to no avail I have tried to go to Disk Management in Windows to see if the volume happened to be unmounted not assigned a drive letter however Disk Management did not show up anything related to the thumdrive I suspect that my thumbdrive may be spoilt because it suddenly failed to work and when I tried plug in my other thumbdriver a SanDisk Windows was able to detect and enumerate the drive Hence just wondering is there a safe to 'force mount' a volume This is because I have data in my thumdrive which I hope to be able to retrieve May I also have some advice on what should I do to make my thumbdrive 'recognizable' on my laptop Thank you very much for all your help

A:Computer Unable to Detect USB Flash Drive

The first thing I would like to say is that you should never buy an unbranded cheap flash drive. That would be inviting trouble. And now you are in trouble - invited trouble.

Most branded flash drive manufacturers carry a warranty plus an online recovery tool to repair a thumb drive with which you can most of the time repair your drive and make it usable again - though data in it will be lost. You have no such means now. If the drive cannot be set right, you just have to throw it in the dust bin that will carry your sin.

Anyway just answer these questions and wait if somebody familiar with both Mac and Windows can help.

1. Was the drive used on the Macbook as a new flash drive - that is even before it was used on Windows or was it used on Windows before you plugged it into the MacBook?

2. You say you have data on it. From where was it copied? From a Windows Machine or a MacBook?

3. Do you know the file system with which your thumbdrive was formatted? Fat32, NTFS, HFS,ExFat or whatever? Did you format the flash drive anytime?

4. Can you plug it back into the MacBook and read the drive? Answer to this question is very crucial. That will most probably save our heads and time. ( As a matter of fact you should have done that before putting it up here.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/386989-computer-unable-detect-usb-flash-drive.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have drive to full use capacity SD of flash Unable several GB SD Kingston flash drives that I used to carry MP files for my MP player I don t know why but I can only put MB or so on each SD It would tell me that quot unable to create filename or directory quot or something like that I thought may be my MP filenames are too long so I shorten them all but it didn t fix it Then I decided to create a couple folders on one of the SD and put the MP files in there That seems to let me put around MB or so on but my MP player couldn t read the MP files through the folders Any ideas on how I can solve the problem to let me use the full capacity of the SD flash drives or how to get my MP player to read the MP files in the folders That was the reason I had to buy several SD flash drives I couldn t afford the iPod Please help Thanks much Tom nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

unable to remove autorun.inf from flash drive
hi,
last weekend i found autorun.inf (i suspect a virus) in my pen drive, and my antivirus mcafee unable to detect it, though i update it daily.

whenever i delete it manually, it got deleted but it reappears when i eject and plug in my flash drive again.

plz if any one cud suggest me sum measure.
thanks in advance.

with regards,
SHUBHAM GORE

A:unable to remove autorun.inf from flash drive

ALKOHOLU

this folder, always reside in my usb drive , though i format it frequently.
CAN any one could give me some information to remove this recursive virus.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/unable-to-remove-autorun-inf-from-flash-drive-470769.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Last week i bought an Mp3 player, which can also be used as a flash drive/ USB Mass Storage, Last Night I loaded a video onto it to transfer it to another PC, i deleted all of the music off it so that the video would fit on, But After i had finished transfering the video over onto the other PC, I could not delete the video off my MP3 Player! it fills almost all of the room (512mb) on the Mp3, so i cannot put any of my music on it.

When I try to delete the file it comes up the an error message that the file is being used by another person or program, even though i am not using any programs with the USB drive. It never used to do this when i just had mp3s on it, so what has gone wrong?

Any help will be appriciated, Thank you

A:Unable to Remove Data From Flash Drive?!!!!??? Please Help!!

I Forgot to mention that my opperating system is windows XP.

I can put other files onto the Drive, and take them off again, just i cant remove the goddam video taht takes up all the memory. PLEASE Help getting flustrated with the fact that i only bought it last week and its already srewed up.

I have tryed to format it, however a similar error message is displayed about the drive currently being in use, however it diesnt do it with any other files that i can put on.
:dead:
Please Help Before i get the hammer out....... :knock:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-remove-data-from-flash-drive-please-help.19033/
Relevancy 57.62%

A few days ago I was on a school computer with Ubuntu installed with Windows Server available as a VM through rdesk on USB Files deleted unable be flash to drive I was working under Server when I needed to transfer an assignment in a folder with a few files from the personal filespace to my flash drive with FAT formatting The USB drive wasn't recognized on Server Files on USB flash drive unable to be deleted no Plug and Play support I suppose so I transferred these files to my flash drive over on Ubuntu However when I tried to access the transferred files at home under Windows XP they were all corrupted and had a filesize of bytes I couldn't delete the files or the folder either I already tried using these utilities Unlocker WhoLockMe FileAssassin DelLater UnlockIt and Freefile with no success Strangely after I used FileAssassin the files could be deleted but once I refresh Files on USB flash drive unable to be deleted Windows Explorer the files always comes back The folder itself cannot be deleted as an error keeps stating that quot the folder is not empty quot I went back to Ubuntu couldn't get them deleted that way either Anyone with suggestions on how to get rid of these files

A:Files on USB flash drive unable to be deleted

Never mind, problem fixed - I ran chkdsk and the corrupted files got cleared.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/files-on-usb-flash-drive-unable-to-be-deleted-434042.html
Relevancy 57.62%

My apologies on making another thread, but it is on a totally different topic. I just bought a Digital photo frame keyring for my mother's birthday, which can be seen here.

I hooked it up to the PC, installed the software (which does nothing but change images into the correct BMP format and resolution, it expects you to copy them to the keyring yourself), and found that I could not access the drive. I looked at its properties, and then I tried to format it (see below images):

(Note, I did add a Volume Label):
After that I tried to use Disk Management to format it:

I also ran Norton Partition Magic, but the drive didn't show up (and I wasn't sure how to make it), so I couldn't use it.

So, could the thing be broken? Or is there something else I need to do that I don't know about? Thanks!

Relevancy 57.62%

HI. Downloaded the driver for a Toshiba USB 2.0 Flash Drive from their website to an IBM Thinkpad running Windows 98SE. During installation it asks me to "search for a better drive than the one your device is using now (recommended)" or "Display a list of all the drivers in a specific location so you can select the driver you want." When I select the first option it says "Unable to locate a driver for this device". So my question is, if I go to the list what type of device should I select? And does it make any difference if the device is plugged in or not? I've had it plugged in to the USB port the entire time I've tried to do this. Thanx!

Relevancy 56.76%

I just freshly installed a windows 7 64bit on my hp 15-F039WM but i'm having a problem installing driver since my laptop can't read my flash drive since no usb driver has been installed. Need your help on how can i install the laptop drivers.Thank you guys in advance

A:UNABLE TO DETECT MY FLASH DRIVE SINCE REFORMAT HP 15-f039wm ...

Have you tried the flash drive in another port? You should have 2 USB 3.0 ports on one side and a USB 2.0 port on the other. The USB 2.0 port should work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/UNABLE-TO-DETECT-MY-FLASH-DRIVE-SINCE-REFORMAT-HP-15-f039wm/td-p/5816308
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a new Corsair 256 GB USB 3.0 Voyager Slider X1 Capless Sliding Flash Drive on which I have stored all of my personal My Documents.

I have tried to do a Quick Format but is says Windows was unable o Format.

How do I get all of my personal My Documents off please?

my goose

Relevancy 56.76%

I have a 1gb flash drive which is used as a backup of selected folders. I use Cobian Backup set for incremental backing up of set folders.
After 18months use a problem has arisen. I am only able to delete about 150mb of files leaving 850mb as used space. I have not been able to open or view what is in this 850mb and have tried hidden files and a range of other options in Windows Explorer.
Also when deleting folders the flash drive shuts down and has to be reloaded.

A:Flash drive full, unable to delete files

Try this program, to see if anything CAN be recovered:
http://diskinternals.com/flash-recovery/features.shtml

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flash-drive-full-unable-to-delete-files.25055/
Relevancy 56.76%

So I was using my USB flash drive to mount Windows since I don't have the CDs and easier to use USB flash drive Anyway after I helped my friend download Windows on his PC I wanted to use my USB for storage again Unknowingly I mounting detect 7 Unable to windows USB flash ISO drive after removed the Windows IMG with DAEMON tools lite and now I am unable to see the Unable to detect USB flash drive after mounting windows 7 ISO Flash Drive in My Computer Also In Disk Management the USB is shown with MB of space available I also tried restarting pc remounting another ISO when I initially though daemon removed the Unable to detect USB flash drive after mounting windows 7 ISO first ISO and using the USB on a laptop but still no luck tl dr Mounted flash drive with Windows ISO afterwards quot deleted removed demounted quot ISO with Daemon doesn't work now Flash Drive keeps acting as a driver being installed everytime it's plugged in it has windows ISO in it Additional Info Windows -bit FlashDrive Corsair MiniVoyager GB USB If you need anymore info let me know Thank you for your time Edit Added screenshot on cleaning through cmd Edit Added screenshot of USB flash drive's location it's currently recognized as a disk drive

A:Unable to detect USB flash drive after mounting windows 7 ISO

Hi Simon2020,

Welcome to SevenForums.

A drive letter conflict?????????

Did you try changing the drive letter? If not check whether you can assign a different drive letter say Z to the pendrive.

If it is indeed a drive letter conflict, this simple solution will most probably fix it.

Switch off your machine. Plug in the problem pendrive and boot with the pendrive plugged in. Does your pendrive show up now?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/268898-unable-detect-usb-flash-drive-after-mounting-windows-7-iso.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have several folders on the left panel of my Hotmail screen where I've stored hundreds of messages from at least three years ago. I want to copy whole folders complete with their contents to a flash drive. I cannot do that. When I try to "export," my only choices are "favorites," "feeds," and "cookies." There's no choice to select a personal folder and copy it with its contents to my USB flash drive. I do not use Outlook Express, nor have I ever used it. It was bad enough with IE 7; now that I've downloaded IE 8, it's totally impossible. I need to get these folders off my hard drive and onto a storage drive, both for privacy and to clear up disk space. Can anyone help?

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/238547-unable-copy-hotmail-folder-flash-drive.html
Relevancy 56.76%

When when I try open DVD drive from My computer I have message Please insert a disk into drive
despite I have DVD in the drive
When when I try open USB flash drive I have message like this:The disk is not formatted Do you want to format it now? Yes No
and then windows 7 show me error ''windows was unable to complete the format''
despite USB flash drive working on other computer same problem is with the Sd cards.

Previous MRL topic:   http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508424/virus-or-something-else-block-access-to-dvd-drive-and-usb-flash-drive/page-2

:Please help, I do not know what to do anymore.
Sorry because of my bad english.

A:Blocked Access, DVD drive and USB flash drive

Please download Minitollbox from here. And save to your desktop.

Run it and select following options:
List last 10 event viewer errors
List Installed programs
List Devices >>> Problem only
List Users, partitions and memory size
List Minidump files
List Restore points
Then click GO and wait, the logfile will open, copy all its contents and paste in your next reply.

Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508951/blocked-access-dvd-drive-and-usb-flash-drive/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a Ultrapro USB flash drive. I do not have the drivers or software..how can I access the files on the drive! HELP!!

Relevancy 56.76%

I have a 4gb GigaBank from GS Magic that I have used on several computers. All of a sudden I can no longer access it.
It show up as a drive (Drive F: on this Computer)
It gives me a message stating...
F:is not accessable
The parameter is incorrect

It shows up in My Computer & also in Device Manager
Any thoughts or Ideas

Tom

A:USB flash drive Cant access it

Try reformatting it in Disk Management.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-flash-drive-cant-access-it.559359/
Relevancy 56.76%

I cannot access my flash drive. When I inserted it into my computer, an error message popped out and asked me to format it. Can this be fixed? I cannot format it since there is a great amount of data. What should I do to access it again?

A:I cannot access my flash drive.

Don’t worry! “Not formatted” error problem is not difficult to fix, provided that you follow the right steps.
Firstly, plunge this flash drive to your computer via a USB cable and stop writing anything new data on it till you’ve restored all your data back. Any new data would rewrite your original data and make it gone permanently. So, you should pay attention.
Secondly, download a third-party data recovery tool to regain your inner data. There are many data recovery tools online. If you want to have much more security of complete data recovery, you could pay for a data recovery software online or data recovery service of a data recovery company. If you have no extra money for this stuff, don’t worry, you also could select some data recovery freeware online, such as Recuva, iCare Data Recovery Free and PhotoRec, etc.
Thirdly, follow the instruction of this software to restore your data back.
Fourthly, format this flash drive to return its functional use after successfully restoring all your data back.
Edit: In the future, you are supposed to back up everything important on different drives in case of data loss.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cannot-access-my-flash-drive.1096339/
Relevancy 56.76%

did a repair of xp pro and now i cant get to my flash drive.
it shows in my computer but when i click an error message says cant access h:
had the problem with sp2 then installed sp3. if i put one of my other flash drives in it works fine. the problem flash drive works fine in my other 2 computers. i have reformat the drive in one of my other computers but did not help. when i try to format on the problem computer it says i do not rights to perform. i am the only person using these computers so i have admin rights. when i tried to do a defrag of my hard drives i got an error messages about not having rights.
any help would be appreciated.

A:cant access my flash drive

I wonder why it is H:?
Do you have something using letter E: on the problem computer?
What drive letter does the flash use on the computer that works?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-access-my-flash-drive-311776.html
Relevancy 56.76%

i did a repair of xp pro and now i cant get to my flash drive.
it shows in my computer but when i click an error message says cant access h:
or please insert disk.
please help

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi If someone could help me would be very appreciated My usb flash drive was working without problems until today I dont know if the problem can be caused by the laptop that run out of battery So now when i enter My computer it loads a while and when if drive letter appiers i can rightclick the drive and chose to open it gives message Please insert driver I tried to chkdsk and it will give me message that cant open volym for directaccesss Now i also tried to see in prog GetDataBack for fat and it Usb access CANT Drive Flash wont find the drive letter i used another prog as well wich gave CANT access Usb Flash Drive me the following error File or device error the parameter is incorrect so i think the drive CANT access Usb Flash Drive lost its formatting can i get the data back that was stored on it Now when i rightclick the driver in properties there is bytes in free space bytes used I have done somehting similiar before but it was a usb hd not a usb stick This one is a verbatim Store n go Pls help me CANT access Usb Flash Drive to get back the data

A:CANT access Usb Flash Drive

someone out there who have a clue
any ideas would be appreciated.
Maybe there is some magic tool to get my data back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/242683-cant-access-usb-flash-drive.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have an mp3 player from mpman, and it's worked fine (actually it does some strange things, but that's perhaps besides the point), but recently whenever, I connect it to my computer through USB, I can't open it. When I attach the mp3 player my computer, it does the usual search for autoplay, and then when it finds none asks me what I want to do. If I click select open with windows explorer, it works fine. if I close this window and try to access it through my computer, I get the following message:

Windows Script Host
Can not find script file "G:\.MGT_reg32.dll.vbs".
[OK]

I can still sync it with Windows Media Player though, but the problem is getting worse because it no longer gives me the option of selecting what to do after it searches for autoplay. What should I do?

A:Can't access flash drive

Does this drive work in another computer? Please try if you do not know then you will know if it is the drive or the port in this computer even though it works for mp3....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-access-flash-drive-256248.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I suddenly lost access to a USB flash drive while using my laptop on the road The laptop went into hibernation when I woke it up the flash drive had suddenly disappeared Plugging it into different USB ports didn't help or for that matter plugging it into USB ports on a different computer When I plug it in Windows sees that a removable drive is available accurately Can't USB drive flash access reports it as a Silicon-Power G USB drive in Device Properties and even assures me that it's working properly But that's it I can't check for errors because Windows reports that it can't access the disk If I try to access the flash drive with the command line Windows reports 'There is no disk in the drive ' I downloaded the free recovery tool 'Recuva ' as recommended at data recovery tools for SD Can't access USB flash drive cards USB drives and more - Computerworld and that didn't Can't access USB flash drive help If anyone has any ideas I hope you'll share them My unhappy guess is that I either hire a professional data recovery firm or kiss the files goodbye

A:Can't access USB flash drive

See if the device is missing a drive letter assigned to it in disk management.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-7

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/330620-cant-access-usb-flash-drive.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi, Happy New Year. Just bought a Scandisk Cruzer 2Gb USB Flash Drive, it seemed to be accepted and indeed appears as a USB drive letter on, "MY Computer" list, however, when I try to do anything with it, the message appears, "You do not have access to the folder 'G:\'. See your administrator for access to this folder". What is the procedure for obtaining access to this drive, I have never had cause to access the administrator before.
Cheers, Gordon.

A:Cannot access USB flash Drive

One possibility is that there are file permissions on the drive that are blocking your access. See this for an explanation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-usb-flash-drive.974664/
Relevancy 56.33%

I am trying to open files from my usb key. Each time I try to open the drive it is in, or files, it is extremely slow. I tried deleting or opening different type of files, and my computer always freezes, or it is not responding.
I tried on different computers, forced restart my computer, and it always acts the same way.

There is specifically a word file that I would like to access.

I would appreciate some advice.

A:Unable to open files on USB Flash drive-computer freezes

If it's occurring on multiple PC's, the drive is corrupted/faulty.

Flash drives are not reliable and they are meant as portable storage between computers. They should NOT be used as a primary storage device.

You can try formatting the drive and then testing it again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-open-files-on-usb-flash-drive-computer-freezes.1103877/
Relevancy 55.9%

I just reinstalled my OS and inserted the flash drive. It installed properly, but after I checked it the files looked like in the screenshot I attached and I can't open them. I don't want to format it because I have a lot of important files on it. I'm not sure but I think it has something to do with Virtualbox which I installed before inserting the flash drive but overall, I really don't have a clue about what's happening with it so can someone please help me?

A:Cannot access files on USB flash drive

I think that's just the shortcut file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/294750-cannot-access-files-usb-flash-drive.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I think this flash USB Cannot drive access Solved: is pretty much hosed but I thought it would be worth a shot posting it here and see what experts think I bought Transcend JF V gb few months Solved: Cannot access USB flash drive ago and it was working fine until few days ago I cannot access ti anymore Here s the problem My windows recognizes the drive and installs drivers and says it s ready to be used but it looks like it doesn t mount it as a USB storage but as a removable drive and assigns it a letter E When I try to double click on it it says quot Please insert a disk into drive quot like it was a CD ROM or something I cannot format it because it gives error quot quot there s no disk in drive E quot I have tried different format utilities manufactures low level and HP with no luck When I go to Disk management in XP it sees it as a empty CD drive or something since I can t right click and choose format It won t let me install manufacture s software since it it says there s no drive it won t let me low level format since it sees it as a CD drive Friend of mine tried access it on his BSD and linux box but there it just doesn t sees it I did research on this and others have same issue but I found no solution I would say if someone founds a solution I would buy them lunch or a drink but the best I can do online is big thanks so Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot access USB flash drive

I think your first conclusion is the correct one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-access-usb-flash-drive.783491/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello I have a gb flash drive and some how when I was formatting it the computer only Able Access Drive Entire Not Flash to formatted mb out of the available gb I have no idea how to get the computer to format the rest of the drive The computer sees the rest of the flash drive but it wont let me delete the original partition and it wont let me partition the gb i locked up When I try to format the gb part it says quot An unexpected error has occured Check the System Event Log for more information on the error Close the Disk Management console then restart Disk Management or restart the computer quot I have restarted the computer and the disk management console to no avail I have poked around the application event viewer and I cold not pinpoint this error so I don't have anymore details from the computer Here is a screen shot I took of the disk manager Disk is the flash drive that I am having trouble with When I right click to delete the mb partition the 'delete' option is grayed out and unclickable I am running Windows Professional x Thank you for your time Adam

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/not-able-to-access-entire-flash-drive-446379.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi there I am having a wee bit of trouble with my flash drive I did read this http www techspot com vb topic html thread and it s not that sort of problem Basically what happened is my flash drive worked fine then I re-installed Windows XP on Monday and since then I have been unable to access the flash drive There is nothing wrong with the flash itself it opens on both a friend s computer and the one at work I have tried both the front Problem flash access drive USB plug ins and the ones at the back no luck I don t think there is anything wrong with the computer itself because my tablet still functioned as normal when I plugged it in My Mp player is generally Problem access flash drive treated as a flash drive by my computer as well and while I could charge it I Problem access flash drive couldn t access any of the Problem access flash drive files on it either The same also happened when I tried someone else s flash drive Windows does recognise that the flash drive is there it gives me the little quot new hardware found quot message and the flash drive appears in the Device Manager where it is enabled and supposedly working fine When I click on the safely remove hardware icon in my tray the flash drive is listed and closing it tells me its safe to take it out Only when I open My Computer or Windows Explorer there is no drive for it listed where there should be an E drive there is just nothing Is there somewhere else I have to go to enable it nbsp

A:Problem access flash drive

do other USB devices work properly when plugged in to your computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-access-flash-drive.53570/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello I have a gb flash drive and some how when I was formatting it the computer only formatted mb out of the available gb I have no idea how to get the Not Entire Access Drive to Flash Able computer to format the rest of the drive The computer sees the rest of the flash drive but it wont let me delete the original partition and it wont let me partition the gb i locked up When I try to format the gb part it says quot An unexpected error has Not Able to Access Entire Flash Drive occured Check the System Event Log for more information on the error Close the Disk Management console then restart Disk Management or restart the computer quot I have restarted the computer and the disk Not Able to Access Entire Flash Drive management console to no avail I have poked around the application event viewer and I cold not pinpoint this error so I don t have anymore details from the computer Here is a screen shot I took of the disk manager Disk is the flash drive that I am having trouble with When I right click to delete the mb partition the delete option is grayed out and unclickable I am running Windows Professional x Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Not Able to Access Entire Flash Drive

You may be looking into this for some time!
As a quick workaround, try and follow the same procedure on a different computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-able-to-access-entire-flash-drive.889657/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am running Windows XP on a Dell drive files Cannot flash on access USB Vostro but my Cannot access files on USB flash drive Gb USB Cannot access files on USB flash drive flashdrive has suddenly stopped working The removable drive F does appear on the Windows Explorer screen but - Windows Explorer yields the response Please insert a disk into drive F - The format command yields There is no disk in drive F Please insert a disk and try again - The Properties link shows that the drive has capacity zero all fully used - I tried using the Device Manager but without success - Easeus Data recovery program does not recognize the existence of the F drive All the data on the drive was backed up and a replacement costs about so I have not lost anything but I would very much like to learn what has happened Could this have been caused by inadvertently unplugging the USB while it was not safe to do so Is there some software that would permit me to recover the files or at least reformat the drive Or Is this just a hardware malfunction and I should discard the drive Thanks in advance Thoughtful Skeptic

A:Cannot access files on USB flash drive

Hello,How to Format a Flash Drive

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/338805/cannot-access-files-on-usb-flash-drive/
Relevancy 55.9%

When I try to access (doubleclick in My Computer) the USB drive's contents a dialog box appears, saying "The disk in Drive H is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?" with a yes and no button. When I choose yes, it says "The disk in Drive H cannot be formatted". I have tried accessing the drive in another different computer (with Windows XP SP1) and the same thing happens.

I use WinXP SP1, the drive is a JetFlash 256mb USB 2.0 Flash drive.

A:Cannot access and format USB flash drive

i would suspect that the drive is bad...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-access-and-format-usb-flash-drive.37548/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all,

I create a new XP Mode in win7, but when I was try to access my usb flash drive in the XP Mode, prompt a error message: "Could not attach the USB device. You can attach the USB device to a different USB port or restart the
virtual machine and try again."

I already try to restart virtual machine and my physic machine but still not work... And I use the same way to install the XP Mode in the other machine can access usb flash drive. So.. Can someone tell me why I can't access my UFD?
Thanks in advance! :)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/830e472e-f397-47b3-90eb-ea5ad17ebf21/cant-access-usb-flash-drive-in-xp-mode?forum=w7itprovirt
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey i'm new here and I need some help Log My Drive Hijackthis Can't Flash Removable (fd)! Access - I hope I can get it Recently I had to insert a friend's Flash Drive FD into my computer as I needed to transfer files However as I put it in Kaspersky detected Hijackthis Log - Can't Access My Removable Flash Drive (fd)! a virus and something got deleted i'm not sure what but I think it Hijackthis Log - Can't Access My Removable Flash Drive (fd)! was deleted So whenever I put in an FD into the computer now under 'My Computer' I can still access the folder via right clicking and 'autoplay' but I can't access it by double clicking and instead by double clicking an 'Open With' dialogue box pops up I have got some reports and they are shown below Main txtLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXEC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEC Program Files Logitech Video CameraAssistant exeC WINDOWS system ElkCtrl exeC Program Files D-Link AirPlus G AirGCFG exeC Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Mediafour MacDrive MacDriveD exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATICDP EXEC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exeC PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BINC WINDOWS system devldr exeC Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service ANIWZCSdS exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exeC WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exeC Program Files Digidesign Drivers MMERefresh exeC Program Files Mediafour MacDrive MacDriveServiceD exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exeC Documents and Settings Asad Khalid Desktop dss exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK Asad Khalid exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - BHO FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer - E A B-D - -AD - B EE - C PROGRA FlashFXP IEFlash dllO - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - HKLM R... Read more

A:Hijackthis Log - Can't Access My Removable Flash Drive (fd)!

HIPlease run this Flash_Disinfector tool by sUBs ... http://www.techsupportforum.com/sectools/s...Disinfector.exe Just download the exe file and double click on it to run it...then follow instructions A box will pop up telling you to plug in your flash drive and click OK to start the disinfection ... by the way if you try to cross the box of with the X in the corner ... it will run anyway ... after a few seconds a box will pop up saying "done" -When you have done that ... please download "Mountpoints Diagnostic.zip" by Mosaic1 http://www.help2go.com/index2.php?option=c...oad&id=1450Unzip it & Double click to run it. It will create a report named Diagnostic.txt. When finished, upload Diagnostic.txt in your next post ...steam

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/141342/hijackthis-log-cant-access-my-removable-flash-drive-fd/
Relevancy 55.47%

I realize there are other posts regarding flash drives and access denied but this is a little different At the community college they use Flash Drives to hold the excel files with data on students The computer which is a Dell Precision running WinXP recognizes the Kingston MB USB Mass Storage Device but when I click from My Computer it says F Access Denied It also says Access Denied if I right-click and select Explore or Open The only time it allows me to access the USB is when I right-click Auto-Play - gt View Files and Folders I realize that since there is a solution there really Drive F:/ Access Kingston Flash Denied isn t any need to post But not everyone is computer savvy and therefore wouldn t know to do the Auto-Run if they closed the Auto-Run dialog and later had to access it The computer is ran through a Network if I m not mistaken But since I m just a workstudy it s not like they tell me everything about the system specs and Kingston Flash Drive F:/ Access Denied things of any nature similar nbsp

A:Kingston Flash Drive F:/ Access Denied

perhaps its just an 'ownership' issue and you have to 'Take Ownership'
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421
and HERE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/kingston-flash-drive-f-access-denied.947151/
Relevancy 55.47%

New to drive no but loads access USB files FLASH to the USB FLASH drive loads but no access to files forums here because I just recently started using Win Last week I purchased three HP Compaq Elite computers with Win Pro for a client to upgrade their small business network Last night I went out to set up the last two first one stand USB FLASH drive loads but no access to files alone system Everything went well with getting them to communicate but then I pulled off the data from the old computer Win XP Pro to a new flash drive I inserted the flash drive into the new computer It proceeded to find it load the driver and tell me it was available But when I go to get the files it tells me that it is empty I need to run home for something else so I take the flash drive with me and check it against my computers at home XP pro and Win home it shows up and gives me access to the files No big deal I think I'll just use my external HDD so I take it back and transfer the folders and files to it I get the same issue W finds it loads the drivers tells me it's available for use but tells me there are no files or that I don't have access to the drive I try to take control of the drive through the security but still no love I've tried searches for this issue and I've found some who have said that they went into disk management and changed the drive letter did that no change I've gone into the security settings within W and gave everyone access permissions This HP computer has some sort of HP security system built in I can't remember the actual name I've been through the settings in it and gave permissions to access removable drives Nothing I've done makes any difference Now sometimes when I insert the flash drive it doesn't even show up in quot My Computer quot Even after all this I didn't think it would matter since they have this computer backed up with Carbonite but we had trouble downloading the data but that is another issue I'm at the end of my rope Please any help to resolve this problem would be greatly appreciated Sorry for the long post but felt like you needed all the info I could supply Oh I won't be going back out there until this evening Thursday

A:USB FLASH drive loads but no access to files

Is this a major brand flash drive bought from a reputable dealer?

The market is flooded with cheap fakes from Asia, usually marked with brands such as Sony. They are counterfeits, using low-end chips that are modded to display a large but fake capacity. When you try to save files to them, failures are common. You'll see loads of eBay listings for such counterfeits, with prices unrealistically low for large capacity when compared to the legit brand name models.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/268936-usb-flash-drive-loads-but-no-access-files.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi All,

I have been looking on the internet but can't find anything useful.

I protected data on my USB flash drive using Bitlocker in Windows. But of course I can't access it inside Apple OS X operating system. Yes I have a Windows VM running inside my MacBook and can access bitlocked flash drive this way, but this requires booting
up Window VM and becomes frustrating most of the time.

Does anyone know any possible way to access bitlocked flash drive directly inside OS X?
If the answer is "No", then my request to Microsoft is to please make a Bitlocker Reader/Access tool for Mac OS X and make everyone's life easy. This will definitely increase number of Bitlocker users; a win-win situation!

Thanks

A:Access Bitlocker Encrypted Flash Drive in OS X

There is dislocker for Mac:
http://www.hsc.fr/ressources/outils/dislocker/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/738c4883-d7ec-4f3d-8be1-1eb1e7094431/access-bitlocker-encrypted-flash-drive-in-os-x?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I get the following error when attempting have Flash access "You permission currently don't Drive to to access my drive quot You don't currently have permission to access this folder Click Continue to permanently get access to this folder quot Upon clicking Continue another error pops up quot Flash Drive "You don't currently have permission to access You have been denied permission to access this folder To gain access to this folder you will need to use the security tab quot Security tab is an underlined link that opens the properties manager for the drive however there is no security tab I assume because the flash drive is considered a virtual drive which is typical so I can't take ownership of the drive as suggested by all the Google searches I did This is GIGABYTE laptop runs Win single language -bit upon testing my flash drive in other desktops around the office it works perfectly fine it also works just fine on my desktop at home but not on my laptop The account on my laptop is also an admin however I am Flash Drive "You don't currently have permission to access the only user

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/61094-flash-drive-you-dont-currently-have-permission-access.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have win xp,sevice pack 2 with 2 hard drive.

Recently my PC encountred a virus attack named "net.net"
I scaned my PC with AVG and removed all virus,but after that I cannot access 2 partition(D-drive and E-drive) on 1st hard disk.
Everytime I click on both the partitions I get a error msg "The disk in drive D(name) is not formated Do you want to format it now?"
I cannot access through windows explorer and any of options shown on right click on the icon of D and E-drive(like "open" , "search" , "explore" & so on..)

If u have a solution please sen it to my e-mail ID: [email protected]

A:unable to access a partition drive of hard drive

The virus likely corrupted or deleted the partition information. I've used a few apps in the past with mixed results, you can give Partition Table Doctor a try.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-access-a-partition-drive-of-hard-drive-410626.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

My problem is, recently I damaged the MBR on my XP Pro pc. I've decided it's time to reformat it and start fresh, but there is still data saved under the desktop folder that I need to backup first.

I've taken out the sata hard drive that runs on my xp system and mounted it using a usb enclosure. The drive mounts fine, both C and D partitions are visible. However, the desktop folder under my admin account shows empty folders. I can see many of the folders i need to recover, but there's no data in most of them. I've run takeownership command and some now show data, but not all. Also, data under the D partition is visible and accessible.

I need to be able to access and backup any folder under the C partition from my Win Vista machine via this usb enclosure. Any help or alternatives will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-access-c-drive-on-usb-drive-with-xp-pro-on-it-from-windows-vista-351532.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Recently my internet!!! shutdown drive access computer or Cannot cannot flash and HDD, computer started having these problems Could not access Cannot shutdown computer and cannot access HDD, flash drive or internet!!! Microsoft or antivirus websites Connecting a flash drive would mean that shortcuts exe and Recycler files would be copied It would reappear seconds after deletion What I did Downloaded anti-malware bytes and scanned and deleted all viruses found--Trojans Virus Ramnits Downloaded Comodo internet Security ---Its still on the PC Though it cannot connect to the internet Finally after getting frustrated I read articles on techsupportalert com and downloaded Kaspersky TDSSKiller and Comodo Cleaning Essentials TDSSKiller and Comodo Cleaning Essentials only detected a changed DNS host and I repaired it Then according to the article I used Comodo Cannot shutdown computer and cannot access HDD, flash drive or internet!!! Killswitch and Comodo Autorun to disable all unsafe processes Now I cant access any drives flash drive The internet shows not connected though I am surfing now with Comodo Virtual Dragon On shuttind down or restarting it says quot You dont have permission to shutdown restart quot Finally I used FxSasser Symantec Sasser Remover from reading an article and ran it half and it said quot no Sasser worms were found though the full scan wasnt completed quot I am on Windows Bit How do I fix this problem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-shutdown-computer-and-cannot-access-hdd-flash-drive-or-internet.1100895/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I'm having a helluva time with getting my Lenovo Y P to recognize any USB flash drives or external HD Laptop is virtually new Came with Win but I installed Windows Pro Service Pack Immediately downloaded and installed all Windows updates From Lenovo I installed all of the latest drivers and updates including BIOS Genesys USB mass storage device Intel chipset driver and Intel rapid storage technology Laptop works great except for this issue I can see the flash drive in device manager but nothing in Computer folder Same goes for Disk Management no flash drive appears I have no virtual drives installed so currently no Daemon Tools or similar When I plug the drive into any of the USB ports are is the laptop makes the typical sound that you've connected something These flash drives and external HD work fine in my other computers here at home laptops and desktop Some run Win the other Win I tried going to Device Manager and uninstalling all USB controllers and hubs including drivers then hard can't external access flash drive drives or restarting My OS reinstalled everything as soon as I plugged in my mouse and or flash drive if I recall correctly but same issue persists I also ran can't access flash drives or external hard drive DriveCleanup claims to be quot command app that helps to can't access flash drives or external hard drive remove orphaned entries of various drives from the device tree of your system quot Same issue persists In case useful I'm posting a few photos including one of the flash drive properties from a working computer and one from this problematic laptop Obvious differences are that on the working computer the flash drive can't access flash drives or external hard drive properties under General tab the status says quot device is working properly quot and location is quot USB mass storage device quot under Driver tab it displays the specific model of the flash drive and the MS driver information On the bad computer the general tab says quot No drivers are installed for this device quot and location is quot Location quot but under the Driver tab it shows has correct model and MS driver information as when connected to the working laptop Any ideas or troubleshooting tips are greatly appreciated Thanks for reading Josh

A:can't access flash drives or external hard drive

FYI here are pix of BIOS main page and configuration info (USB legacy is enabled).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/356703-cant-access-flash-drives-external-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I m hoping someone can help as I ve spent many evenings on access cannot allocated Flash not drives being and letter drive this problem and getting nowhere Flash drives not being allocated drive letter and cannot access When attaching a flash drive The autoplay pop up doesn t appear The device does light up initially The device doesn t show up in quot Computer quot The device doesn t show up in Disk Management - just Disk system reserved C and I and CD ROM The device appears in Device Manager under USB controllers as a storage device but I can t access it This happens with all memory sticks and occasionally with ipod etc but sometimes for no apparent reason they work All devices works ok with other computers times out of plugging in a device or turning on the USB attached printer will cause the computer to BSOD usually with IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL X A Devices are never allocated a drive letter The only thing I can think of is that I repartitioned the external hard drive which I attach to back up which may have confused the computer with driver numbers Possibly But this problem doesn t seem to have stemmed from then And I did fiddle with the System Reserved drive as I had back up issues and one of the solutions was Flash drives not being allocated drive letter and cannot access to rename it then I renamed it back again I think Sorry if I m vague on this but I m not at all computer savvy and the kids are Flash drives not being allocated drive letter and cannot access trying to access their homework on the memory sticks I m running Windows Home -bit Avira anti virus and the computer is about months old working ok until a month ago Can t think that we downloaded anything about the same time as the problem started but possible I ve tried to update all drivers that I can think of but the only one that needed doing was the Nvidia GeForce which was outdated All devices etc say they are working properly Anybody got any ideas But keep it simple if poss please Thanks nbsp

A:Flash drives not being allocated drive letter and cannot access

Have you tried Uninstalling the Mass Storage Device that shows up in Device Manager? sometimes reinstalling it can fix issues like this.

Do they work properly after a fresh restart?
Do they stop working after being in standby/sleep?

Other suggestion would be to reinstall Chipset Drivers and USB Drivers if your motherboard has seperate USB Drivers (Generally only for 3.0 boards)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flash-drives-not-being-allocated-drive-letter-and-cannot-access.179377/
Relevancy 53.75%

When I would transfer MP3 to a 16 GB Flash Drive or larger I would have a problem
adding new MP3 Folders... They would play after copy but when I took out the Flash Drive
and put it back in... or Refreshed the Drive in other words ... The MP3 Files Would Not Play...
The Problem was fixed when I converted the Fat32 to NTFS using EaseUS Partition Master
I had to delete the Bad Copys but when I transfered them to the Drive that was now NTFS
The Files would play after the drive was refreshed...   I hope this helps... also NTFS can recover
info when you run chkdsk /f from the dos prompt... that may also help.. just a suggestion.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f2691e01-039b-4009-8eca-1403c044a66d/unable-to-play-mp3-on-usb-flash-drive-after-refresh-fix-with-easeus-partition-master-convert-to?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I am unable to access my c drive from the my computer screen if I click on the icon I get a access denied error but if I right click on the icon and click on explore I can access the drive DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Shawn at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C to access my Unable drive C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files LClock LClock exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Creative Labs Shared Service CreativeLicensing exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X lxdvserv Unable to access my C drive exe C WINDOWS system lxdvcoms exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxdvmon exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DoScan exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxdvamon exe C Program Files Maxtor OneTouch Status maxmenumgr exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Unable to access my C drive Program Files DNA btdna exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVDtray exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Verizon Wireless V CAST Music Manager MEMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Media Bonus Pack for Windows XP PowerToys mpxptray exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe E dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uLocal Page c system blank htm uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie mLocal Page c system blank htm mStart Page hxxp securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO e aae- eb - -be - b bdbc ea - c windows system nnnmJYPh dll BHO BitComet Helper f e - a- b a-bcaf- b bfdfea - c program files bitcomet tools BitCometBHO dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch B E dll TB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll TB amp Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll EB Adobe PDF ec be- - c -a -beb d a b - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll uRun msnmsgr quot c program files msn messenger msnmsgr exe quot background uRun BitTorrent DNA quot c pr... Read more

A:Unable to access my C drive

hi.

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

You may wish to subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Please be patient with me during this time.

Mark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unable-to-access-my-c-drive-370177.html
Relevancy 53.75%

This is the second time this problem has occurred The first time I did a complete restore to Unable Drive DVD/CD access which resolved the problem I see little point doing that again as the problem has recurred I am unable to access my DVD CD Drive in Device Manager I can see the drive showing a problem on its properties I get quot Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged or that might be malicious software from an unknown source Code quot I have certainly not made any hardware changes and am not aware of any Unable to access DVD/CD Drive software changes I have the following drivers installed Cdr xp sys shows as not digitally signed Cdralw k sys shows as not digitally signed cdrom sys GEARAspiWDM sys PxHlpa sys Can anyone advise what the problem may be and how I can approach resolving it I would remove each driver in turn until the problem goes away but I am unsure of the steps to take Help

A:Unable to access DVD/CD Drive

MartinR, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Looking at what those various drivers are for,

Cdr4_xp.sys (shows as not digitally signed)
Cdralw2k.sys (shows as not digitally signed)
cdrom.sys
GEARAspiWDM.sys
PxHlpa64.sys

the only one in the list that is an actual system file is the bolded one. The rest are from either Sonic, Roxio, Gear Software and/or iTunes; with one of them that is causing the problem, take your pick as to which one. Basically comes down to too many different programs installing their own drivers and canceling each other out.

I would start with deciding which of them you want and/or need and remove the rest. Once you start removing them that error will probably go away.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/114194-unable-access-dvd-cd-drive.html
Relevancy 53.75%

After I install Wise Password Recover?, then restart my computer, and find C: drive inaccessible, it always reports "Access denied"!

Have anyone who run into this situation? I think it is a security problem of Windows Vista. But don't know how to resolve the problem.

Any suggestion or advice is appreciated!

Regards,

Ryan Ware

A:Unable to access C: drive

try a earlier system restore point

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-access-c-drive-341877.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I am not able to access my c drive i keep getting an access denied error.
i am trying to access the drive through the my computer screen.

Help Please.

A:Unable to access my c drive

Two things come to mind, either you aren't logged in as the administrator or you have some sort of virus. This is assuming of course that you only have a single HDD, and your OS is installed on the "C" drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-access-my-c-drive-370039.html
Relevancy 53.75%

For the past week or so my system has been freezing randomly When I try to access my C Drive C: access Drive Unable to the specific item freezes and I have to force quit it For example I'm Unable to access C: Drive on a website on IE and try to save a picture to anywhere on my computer including Desktop I select the location hit save and the entire IE page plus Save page freeze I than have to force quit the page and from than on my computer runs extremely slow until I restart it again Also if I go to My Computer and click on C Drive the window freezes and I'm once again forced to force quit the box Occasionally I'll have to force quit the C Drive box or an IE window and everything from my desktop will disappear For Example I try to access my C Drive it freezes so I'm forced to force quit it CTRL ALT DEL Once I do anything that was on my desktop dissapears including all icons and the start bar leaving only my background and any programs that were already open such as AIM and I'm unable to bring up the Task Manager I'm running the most up to date version of Ad Aware and run Norton once a week Any clues to as what the problem might be or any advice would be most greatly apprecaiated Thanks a lot -Zach

A:Unable to access C: Drive

Hi there Option7 and welcome to TSF..

To be honest, it does sound like some sort of spyware/malware infection.

Do you have your Windows XP disc?

It may be an idea to read through the following thread for advice on posting a Hijack This log file:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=15968

Do any of your other drives behave in the same way or do you only have the one drive?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-access-c-drive-109029.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Guys,

I was trying to mingle around with the security permission for my D Drive and I accidentally denied a full control permission for ALL USERS. It was too late when I try to cancel the process. Right now whenever I try to access my D Drive, it says "D: is
not accessible, Access Denied".

I've been looking for solutions around the net but none of them works.

I do hope that there's a way for me to retrieve all my files in perfect condition.

Cheers,
Adrian

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4f052c8c-1785-4ee3-88d5-cc5528de4600/unable-to-access-d-drive?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 53.75%

I have two main drives on my pc my c: drive and my d: drive - I need to archive my h: drive as I have two viruses that I need to delete - I am unable to access the drive - can someone please tell me how to get into the drive to archive it - thanks Kim

A:Unable to access my d: drive

You can't access your D: drive? Is that a hard drive or a CD (or DVD) drive? You need to archive you H: drive? What's the H drive? If you try to access the D: drive what happens, do you get an error?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-access-my-d-drive-508694.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,
I'm using windows 10 enterprise x86 on my HP laptop (15-AC122TU). For last few days I'm unable to copy/delete any file to/from my pendrive, not even able to format it.

While formatting (fat32/NTFS/fat) : "Windows was not able to complete the format"
While Copying/deleting : "Destination folder access denied....You need permission to perform this action"
While trying to format from Disk Management : "The format did not complete successfully"

In properties screen some of the options like "security tab" are missing. Please help me to come out of this problem. I'm attaching all the screenshots herewith for your reference.

Note : Previously it was working fine. I have tried to format and copy some files in another laptop (win7) with the same pen drive and it's working fine.

Thanks a lot,
Santanu.

A:Unable to access USB drive

Just that one thumb drive, or all thumb drives? Was that PC issued to you by your employer?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/48010-unable-access-usb-drive.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I am unable to access my cd rom drive.

After inserting a data cd and clicking on the cd rom icon, a blank screen appears.
512MB memory
1500MHz
Winows XP pro version 5.1

I would be most grateful for any help you might be able to provide me.

512MB memory
1500MHz
Windows XP Pro version 5.1

Cordially
geoheid

A:Unable to access cd rom drive

Are you talking about clicking on the CD drive in windows explorer and nothing shows on the CD? Or are you talking about a burning program? If nothing shows on the CD then it's probably blank.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-cd-rom-drive.360140/
Relevancy 53.75%

I am not able to access the pen drive. The OS recognizes the pen drive but when i click on the removable disk I get a popup message "Please insert a disk to the drive(by specifying the drive letter)". I guess this is the problem with the Pen drive I am using because I get the same message if I try in different systems. Is there any solution to correct my pen drive. I tried formatting it but was not able to format. Also the size of the Pen drive says 0 MB(but the actual memory is 1 MB)

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks

A:Unable to access Pen Drive

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prabhakarmr

I am not able to access the pen drive. The OS recognizes the pen drive but when i click on the removable disk I get a popup message "Please insert a disk to the drive(by specifying the drive letter)". I guess this is the problem with the Pen drive I am using because I get the same message if I try in different systems. Is there any solution to correct my pen drive. I tried formatting it but was not able to format. Also the size of the Pen drive says 0 MB(but the actual memory is 1 MB)

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks

Greetings Prabhakarmr, Welcome to TSF!

Are you sure that this pen drive is only 1Mb and not 1Gb?

Could you please post back the make and model of it.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-access-pen-drive-172599.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Can anyone please give me some assistance My hard drive has two partitions C and D and I Access D to Unable Drive recently performed a clean install of XP on C This seems to work fine but when I try to access the files that I had previously stored on the D drive Windows Explorer informs me that the D drive is not formatted Running fdisk from a Windows start-up floppy confirms the two partitions exist with partition set to active and using NTFS whereas partition is labeled as an Extended DOS partition and is FAT However when I view the Extended DOS partition from fdisk it is listed as C rather than D Performing a dir command on the drive now labeled as C reveals that my files that I consider are stored on D are there What do I need to do in order to get XP Unable to Access D Drive to recognize my D drive so that I can restore access to my files Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

hi all!
i recently bought a new sony vaio fw21m laptop.
but i'm having trouble opening the cd drive in ' Computer'
my laptop uses vista.
when i double click on the cd drive icon when i have a cd in it i keep getting this pop up:

windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the items.

also when i hover over this cd drive icon it comes up: space free: 0 bytes....total size: 0 bytes.

yet i can play the cd using windows media centre!!

and i am the administrator of this laptop.
can anyone please help me with this?

thanks.

dav

Relevancy 53.32%

My Configuration:
Windows XP pro and two hard drives.

(Hard drive #1 = C, Hard drive #2 = D, CD-ROM =E)

I was able to use the C & D hard drive previously, and now I am unable to access the "D" drive. I can see the C and D drive icon in "my computer", however unable to access the data in the "D" drive.

Anyone have that similar problem? Please let me know how to resolve it.

Thanks in Advance!!

A:Unable to access the 2nd hard drive now.

What does it say when you try and access it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-the-2nd-hard-drive-now.128846/
Relevancy 53.32%

Please help I believe I have a trojan or virus which is affecting everything on my laptop This is IE... thru hard access or to anything unable drive on my first time to post here so please let me know if I have omitted any important information I m using Win unable to access anything on hard drive or thru IE... Pro As soon as I boot up my laptop I get multiple error unable to access anything on hard drive or thru IE... messages such as quot Explorer exe quot or quot unable to access anything on hard drive or thru IE... MsTask exe quot has generated errors and etc quot I am not able to access anything on my computer not even the control panel except the quot run quot function under the Start menu Before all these problems started --I believe I had a trojan on my computer Norton caught some files but said they couldn t be deleted I attempted to delete them manually but then multiple error messages started coming up The problems just seem to be getting worse and worse I did a search but didn t find anything exactly the same and read some other postings here --I m going to copy and paste my quot hijack quot file and quot startup quot file --If someone could help me with this I would really appreciate it just looking at this thing scares the bejeezus out of me P Thanks Nancy startuplist -- StartupList report PM StartupList version Started from A StartupList EXE Detected Windows SP WinNT Detected Internet Explorer v SP Using default options Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINNT System Ati evxx exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT System mspmspsv exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT system Atiptaxx exe C WINNT system PRPCUI exe C PROGRA Adaptec DirectCD directcd exe C Program Files Kazaa kazaa exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINNT system SahAgent exe C Program Files ToPicks Bin Idhost exe C Program Files ClearSearch Loader exe C Program Files DownloadWare dw exe C Program Files RVP bpc exe C PROGRA COMMON Toolbar winnet exe C WINNT system rundll exe C PROGRA COMMON Toolbar comwiz exe C Program Files Overnet Overnet exe C Program Files webHancer Programs whSurvey exe C Program Files webHancer Programs whAgent exe C PROGRA Adaptec EASYCD CreateCD CreateCD exe C Program Files ICQ NDetect exe C PROGRA INTERN iw exe C WINNT system internat exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINNT system drwtsn exe C Program Files MagicLAN MagicUtility swlcu exe A StartupList exe -------------------------------------------------- Listing of startup folders Shell folders Common Startup C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE MagicLAN Utility lnk C Program Files MagicLAN MagicUtility swlcu exe Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe -------------------------------------------------- Checking Windows NT UserInit HKLM Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon UserInit C WINNT system userinit exe -------------------------------------------------- Autorun entries from Registry HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon AtiPTA Atiptaxx exe PRPCMonitor PRPCUI exe Adaptec DirectCD C PROGRA Adaptec DirectCD directcd exe LoadQM loadqm exe KAZAA C Program Files Kazaa kazaa exe SYSTRAY Windows Update C WINNT winupdate exe ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot MS Security Hotfix spoolsrv exe Windows Explorer LSAS exe TaskMgr C PROGRA INTERN tskmgr exe SAHAgent C W... Read more

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I was using my computer normally a few days ago when it suddenly shut hard Unable second drive access to down When I rebooted I became stuck on the Windows load screen Long story short I've narrowed down the issue to being related somehow with my second hard drive When I disconnect the second drive Windows loads fine If I have the second drive connected and attempt to load into safe mode the PC hangs on loading CLASSPNP SYS for several minutes before loading Windows where I can see the second hard drive but cannot access it Unable to access second hard drive or see its volumn and the drive letter has changed from D to E Things that I have done or tried -formatting my SSD that houses my Windows Home Premium bit OS -switched the SATA cables between the hard drives -ensured both hard drives were listed in SATA - in the BIOS -ensured the SSD was the first in the BIOS boot order -tried running bootsect nt all force using my install disk but never gave me a success message for drive D -tried connecting the SATA cable to the second drive after sucessfully loading with just the OS drive active The BIOS recognizes the drive by name but in safe mode the device manager only lists it as Local Disk without a volume Any attempt to click on the drive in safe mode results in a lock up As per normal I would like to recover the information before wiping the drive I would be greatful for any insight or solutions into what is preventing my second drive from being read Thanks

A:Unable to access second hard drive

I found a viable workaround to my issue.

Working under the assumption that the hard drive was intact and just couldn't be accessed by a windows OS I created a linux boot USB using 'puppy linux'.

From there I used the boot USB to access the hard drive and copy all relevant data to an external hard drive.

In an attempt to reclaim the use of my second hard drive I initiated a format of the drive using the linux boot USB in the hopes it would clear out what ever was blocking windows from accessing it. (Had no idea what I was doing in linux so the internet helped a TONNE)

After that I powered down the machine, disconnected all the external drives and launched the PC with my windows install disk. In the installer I could see the drive for the first time in days and it allowed me to format it. After the format I restarted the PC and launched windows normally without the install disk and it let me in. I tried copying a file I made over to the second hard drive and it copied without any issue.

It looks like the crisis is over, hope someone can find this helpful for their own issue!

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/359993-unable-access-second-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 53.32%

My Lacie USB use to connect automaticallt, but now no longer appears in the list of available drives when I click Start/Computer.

The hard drive appears when I open Device Manager and the Device Status box says it's working properly.

When I go to Disk Management, the hard drive is there (it's called Disk 1), but no drive letter is assigned.

When I right click on the volume, all the options are greyed out, except 'Delete volume' and 'Help', so I can't assign a drive letter.

Has anybody come across this problem before? Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-usb-hard-drive.975809/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, I've been having loads of bother with my computer and had to reinstall windows me. I've just noticed the CD drive icon is missing from My Computer and I tried running a cd but got the following message:

d:\ refers to a location that is unavailable. Have I accidentally deleted a driver or something? When I close the cd compartment it makes a clicking sound it didn't before.

Any ideas.. or if you need further info about my machine specs please ask, I really want to get it sorted!!!

A:Unable to access my cdrom drive

Hi and welcome. Can you boot with a boot disk with cdrom support and see if you can read a cd that way?

Clicking isn't good. Per chance do you have small kids who could have placed something in it that doesn't belong? Or did a cd break inside?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-my-cdrom-drive.285107/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi

I am having issues with accessing my Harddrive .Its giving error Unable to access Eue to incorrect parameter
I have already run chkdsk but it did not solve the problem..same error

I have windows xp.Need data from the drive urgently(pdfs and docs)

Please help and guide

Thanks in advance
Sushree

A:Unable to access hard drive

Check the HDD operation mode from BIOS setup

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-access-hard-drive.158202/
Relevancy 53.32%

Having been severely burnt by previous pc crashes I have built my last computer with two hard drives I installed my o s WinXp SP together with several minor programmes on C I then used to access hard Unable 2nd drive? D as a storage drive and have lots Unable to access 2nd hard drive? of valuable info on this drive including two websites I have had a crash and when I couldn t get C up and running even trying the XP CD and using quot R quot repair wouldn t start I then thought surely I will be able to format C and re-install WIN XP which I did The pc is back running but it has re-lettered the drives C the CD ROM drive is now D and the nd hard drive is now E is this significant Now when I go to windows explorer or my computer when I click in the nd hard drive I get a message telling me this disc has not been formatted Do I want to Format Yes No What the hell is going on I thought I would be able to go back to it and open as normal Help nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

I'm trying to backup my Quicken files, which have always been done OK in the past. Now I get an error message, "unable to access the disk in drive E". the files on the appear in drive E when I view them in "my computer". I have the same problem when I try to backup to a brand new CDRW disk.
I replaced the whole CDRW with a brand new unit, and I still have the same problem. I have no problem playing a music CD in this new unit.

Relevancy 53.32%

sooo when i restarted my Compaq PC (i know thats a problem right there ) I get an error saying unable to access the hard drive. I tried repairing with the windows XP Cd and it can't find the main partition. I cant install a fresh copy of XP/reformat it either.

Is my HD dead??? I checked the connections, seem okay...
If i buy a drive and put in a firewire case, i can set that up as mymain
drive and run XP off that right? (since my machine is severalyears old, notworth upgrading)

Thanks !

Relevancy 53.32%

hello

i formatted my hard drive and tried to install winows xp. after the set up process the comp reboots and says

unable to access hard drive

operating systems not found on any devices. press any key to try again.
please help

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,

My G: drive (USB drive) was infected by Trojan Horse Sheur2.AOBC

The infected file was G:/Storage/sys.exe

I accidentally moved it to virus vault, when prompted about the virus by AVG

Now I'm unable to access my G: drive. When I insert my pen drive, I get message - Unable to access drive.

What do I do?

A:Unable to access USB drive due to trojan

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/unable-to-access-usb-drive-due-to-trojan-420039.html
Relevancy 53.32%

ok so i hope this is posted in the right thread so i been having PC troubles i found out it was my gig harddrive that was faulty and causing my PC to hang after awhile i got another gig harddrive put win ultimate on an away i go it works perfect but now my secondary drive which is a TB drive i cant access the error reads e is not accesible access denied i have tried alot of thing renaming drive letter changed security to allow full control for all profiles ya not too sure here is my whole DXdiag Report System Information ------------------ hard drive unable to access Time of this report Machine name ADMIND-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build Service Pack win sp rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer INTEL System Model DH BL BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM unable to access hard drive i - CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File unable to access hard drive MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User unable to access hard drive DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTS Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTS DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV DC amp SUBSYS A DE amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model SyncMaster Monitor Id SAM C Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HDMI Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B E E- E - CF-BB - FC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x DC SubSys ID x A DE Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section pci ven de amp dev dc Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E E... Read more

A:unable to access hard drive

What psu is this using? You did a great job of listing hardware but that is missing. Is this a custom build or brand name and if brand name what model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-access-hard-drive-603500.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,

Well, I am afraid I blew it this time. I am running an HP PC with XP upgrade. I received an e-mail (can you believe this) that had a final update for internet security. I installed the upgrade unfortunately.

I turned the computer off for the night then booted up the next day. Now I can't do a whole lot.

I get a message that says..memory access violation with a bunch of numbers. After I click OK...the system boots up but I am unable to access any of the programs. I get a message that says unable to access the device, path, etc.

The name of the installation was INSTALLATION16.exe.

Any body have any ideas as to what is going on? Is this installation16 responsible for my woes?

I'll appreciate any help!
Thanks
Tim

Relevancy 53.32%

We have a Compaq desktop PC model 7360. When we turn it on all we now get is a dos window with a message that says "Unable to access hard drive." Operating system not found on any device. We are running windows 98 and have never had any problems before. Can anyone suggest what I might try. Thank you. Cheryl

A:unable to access hard drive

Have you or anyone else been "checking things out" in the computer (both software or hardware)? Sometimes we get curious about how things work and try to do our own "tweaking" and it turns out bad.

It is possible that the BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) got changed and the computer think there is no hard drive connected to it.

Does your "Hard Drive" light go on when you first turn your system on? (normally a yellow light that "blinks/flickers" while your system is starting up and while accessing the hard drive at other times)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-hard-drive.103423/
Relevancy 52.46%

Problem A portable hard drive seems to have been infected by some kind of malware Folders appeared as shortcuts and were inaccessible Trend Micro's Housecall found a worm but upon fixing it the folders have now 'disappeared' even though the drive still has (Still) on folders unable drive external access to space being used up as if they are still there I think I know the source of the problem recently at school I had to use my portable drive for an important school project because nothing else was available so I had to plug it in to numerous computers the students use The kids often go on random gaming movie you-get-the-idea websites on these school computers Recently when I plugged my Samsung S Portable external hard drive into my Compaq Notebook running Windows Home Premium bit and used Windows Explorer I could play an mp file stored there but I couldn't open any folders I got a message that according to Google searching seems to be common (Still) unable to access folders on external drive when one's drive has become infected with some kind of virus worm or trojan quot Windows cannot find 'E RECYCLER (Still) unable to access folders on external drive bcd f exe' Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again quot When Exploring the portable drive all the folder icons appeared as though they were shortcuts in that they featured an arrow image on them This included RECYCLE BIN I have ran both Avast and Malwarebytes which both reported no problems despite the portable drive folders remaining inaccessable When doing some initial googling I tried downloading Flash Disinfector but when I tried to run it by double-clicking nothing happened According to more googling this is reasonably common but after a (Still) unable to access folders on external drive quick look at some topics about it I figured I should not pursue this issue just yet in relation to my own drive's apparent infection Instead after a little more googling I moved on to trying Panda USBVaccine which very quickly reported both my C drive and my external E drive were vaccinated Even so when exploring E I still couldn't access the folders and their icons still showed as apparent shortcuts In properties the folders I can't access were indeed classified by Windows as shortcuts apparently with the ink file extension I tried to 'take ownership' of the folders To save me some clicking I tried to download a couple of registry hacks to give me a Take Control option in context menus but of the two I tried both allowed me to take control of mp files that I can access anyway but not the folders ie there was no option in the context menu even though I know the registry hack worked from trying it on the mp Next I tried right-clicking one of the folders named 'Stuff' and chose Properties gt Security gt Advanced gt Owner It was listed as Account Unknown S - - - - - - I then clicked the Edit button and changed it to Administrators with Full control then clicked Apply and OK Next I went to the folder's Properties gt Security gt Edit Under Object name E Stuff ink Group or user names In the list that appears is one listed as Account Unknown S- - - - - - - I clicked to remove this user but no doubt until this gets fixed properly it will return Anyway nothing about the folder changed it was still a shortcut and inaccessible I then did an online scan with Trend Micro's Housecall It found numerous instances of lnk dorkbot smi I took the option to fix the folders and Housecall reported this was a success but now I cannot see any folders at all on the hard drive By going to the Properties of the drive I can see there is a lot of used space as if my folders are still there but as I said now I can't see them I have provided attach zip as instructed Thanks I just want to add that I do have 'Show hidden files and folders' option ticked so the 'invisible' folders are not formally hidden BUMP please Could really use some advice here Anyone

A:(Still) unable to access folders on external drive

Add "Take Ownership" to Explorer Right-Click Menu in Win 7 or Vista - How-To Geek

try taking ownership of the whole drive first

if you wish security to run a check you need to follow this

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

and post it in the correct form and in the correct section

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/still-unable-to-access-folders-on-external-drive-617584.html
Relevancy 52.46%

First of, I want to say hi and describe my problem. My 5 year old compaq presario, OS Windows 98 seems to want to retire soon. About 1 out of 5 booting, it would start up by the message:

Unable to access hard drive
Operating system not found on any devices
Press any key to try again.

If I turn it off and on again by the power button, it will load up just fine. I just want to know if there is a way to fix this problem, or is the hd about to die. If you can, please provide me with a little more details in the fix, if there is any, since I am a newbie in this area.

By the way, I have Goback, it is a recovery program that loads even before windows, if that may be the problem.

Thank you very much. I hope for your assisstance.

A:Unable to access hard drive error

Try going into setup and see if the bios is even seeing the HDD. If it is not seeing the HDD, you may simply have an intermittent connection problem, either in you IDE cable or connectors, or a more serious problem with your IDE controller on the MOBO or cracked traces on the MOBO.

I had a similar problem on my WINXP system, where on boot my HDDs could not be found by the bios. After going through a multitude of tests to try to isolate the problem to no avail, I opened up the computer and cleaned out the dust, checked the EIDE cables from the MOBO to the HDD's for apparent defects and firmly seated the EIDE cable connectors to the HDD's and the MOBO. Although I could not find any discernable defects in the cables, nor did the connectors appear loose before I reseated them, the problem went away. I strongly suggest you do the same before you look elsewhere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-access-hard-drive-error.41120/
Relevancy 52.46%

After downloading what I was told were missing codecs I can no longer access my E:\ drive, which is my LaCie Backup. On start-up, I do get a LaCie indicator, but drive E:\ (wich was LaCie) no longer appears when I run Start-My Computer. I attempting to find it, I believe I encountered an error relating to Rundll. Have HijacThis file. See lots of non-freebie programs advertised that look like rip-offs to me.

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi My external hard-drive seagate stopped working when I plug it in I get this message quot You need to format the disk in drive F before you can use it Do you want to access to Unable Hard External Drive format it quot For a long time now whenever I tried safely unplugging it I got the message that it is still being used even though no program was open so eventually Unable to access External Hard Drive I Unable to access External Hard Drive ve been unplungling it not in a safe mode for quite a while Needless to say it hold valuable information I ve tried using Recuva and testdisk which I read on in other posts of the same problem in this forum without success it does not manage to access the folders that were on the disk I d appreciate any help with recovering the files Thanks Merrav Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Unable to access External Hard Drive Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Yesterday for no apparent reason my external hard drive became suddenly not accessible When I click on the Local Disk F icon in MY Computer I get an error message that reads F is not accessible The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable My external hard drive is a Western Digital Essential Portable GB USB drive My OS hard my to drive access external Unable is Windows XP w SP I have used this drive for Unable to access my external hard drive the last years with no problems I have had it plugged into a USB port on the back of my PC I tried a side port and another USB cord with no luck I have tried using PC Tools Disk Suite to see if I could use it s repair function but it does not seem to be able to access it either and only sees my C drive There is nothing absolutely essential on this drive being filled mostly with my music collection and some movies but it would take a great many hours to restore everything Is there a way to recover access to this device If I can t is it possible to reformat the drive and start over Or is the whole thing just toast Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-my-external-hard-drive.949930/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a NAS (WD MyBookLive) which cannot be accessed in Windows Explorer on my brand new Surface by IP address (or name- though that doesn't work on any of my devices for some reason). I can access the config page in my browser by IP, and two other Win10 devices on my network can access the NAS by IP in Explorer fine, and I can access other devices on my network by IP fine on the Surface but for whatever reason only this computer can't access that NAS in Win Explorer.

I just got the Surface yesterday and was able to access the NAS fine, the only thing that's changed is I renamed the device and restarted and since then haven't been able to connect. I've restarted both the PC again and the NAS but no change.

A:Unable to access network drive in Explorer

There are Networking bugs in the latest update. Read all the posts on here. Some solutions we've discovered so far might work temporarily until MS fixes the problem.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/32261-unable-access-network-drive-explorer.html
Relevancy 52.46%

When I click on my computer, the various drives I have connected show up in the main panel, but when I click on any of them, I get the error message: "The file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action....." I did not click on a file, just the Icon for a drive.

However, in the left side panel, if I click on any of the drives, I have access to them.

Just a bit annoying.

Thanks in advance for the help.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/20606-unable-access-any-drive-my-computer-window.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,

I need a little help, I am trying to access my c drive through my computer, but i keeping getting access denied error. I am also receving this error when i hook up my external hard drive as well. If someone can help me with this issue i would really appricate it.

A:unable to access my C drive from the my computer screen

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/unable-to-access-my-c-drive-from-the-my-computer-screen-370033.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hi all
i recently reinstalled windows and now cannot access anything on my storage hd, when i explore it a blank page shows but i know its full. any ideas of a way to show the things stored on it ?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.40GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1247 Mb
Graphics Card: SiS 661FX/GX Mirage Graphics, 32 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 78152 MB, Free - 67658 MB; F: Total - 76308 MB, Free - 662 MB;
Motherboard: , SiS-661
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:unable to access storage hard drive

Do you just see a blank folder, or is there an error message like "Access denied" when you try to view it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-storage-hard-drive.1037887/
Relevancy 52.46%

Unable to access the CD-ROM drive or floppy disk in XP after booting, but if you place cd in before booting it works fine any ideas??

Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Dell XPS M laptop Two weeks ago it stopped Unable hard old internal drive to access booting into windows I could not even get into safe mode I did finally find find my restore CD and Unable to access old internal hard drive was able to run a diagnostic that produced an error code I looked that up online and it said the hard drive was dead or dying I bought a new internal hard drive and used Unable to access old internal hard drive the CD to get windows installed Unable to access old internal hard drive My laptop is happy now But I am really hoping to retrieve the files off the old hard drive I was stupid and did not back up my email or my word processor files I recently damaged my best external hard drive I have since replaced it but I had only backed up my photo files I am a photographer I forgot to go back and get all the other important files I bought a gadget that allows me to hook up the old internal hard drive with a usb cable The hard drive runs and comes up as a hard drive in windows explorer But when I click on it I get an error message F is not accessible Access is denied I am using windows vista Not sure what else I need to include The gadget did come with software to clone the hard drive but I would rather not It was pretty full and cluttered I would like to keep this new hard drive clear of all the extra junk I really just want to copy those files if I can Any suggestions for what I can do Or how I can determine if the old drive is completely toast I would be thrilled to get the files off and toss it The idea of re-typing all my forms notes lists etc is really depressing And I have tons of important emails saved And my only backup of those files is an external hard drive that went through the washing machine Never wrap your electronics equipment in clothing to protect it in luggage Thank you very much nbsp

A:Unable to access old internal hard drive

You need to find someone with some experience of recovering files from poorly? media.
There are companies that specialise in doing it, but they are not cheap.

In the meantime make sure that you do not write ANYTHING to that drive and that includes not using DISK Check software against it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-old-internal-hard-drive.1119445/
Relevancy 52.46%

My desktop has an E drive partition which cannot be opened, it says "You need to format the disk"
#While trying to format it "Windows was unable to format the disk"
#Disk Management shows "E: 167.88 Raw, Healthy (Primary partition), Trying to access it shows "You need to format the disk" cancelling it shows "E:\ not accessible, data error (cyclic redundency check)
#Tried error checking under properties\tools of E drive- windows cannot access the disk.
#Tried formating the E: as administrator in CMD formating complete till 100% and it shows error.

Any help to recover my E: will be highly appreciated

A:Unable to access internal E drive(RAW) partition,

A cyclic redundancy check error usually means the drive has failed and needs to be replaced. I hope you have a backup of all importance files on the drive. Drives fail (even when new) for a variety of reasons, often without warning or apparent cause.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/310269-unable-access-internal-e-drive-raw-partition.html