Windows Support Forum

Netbook cursor freezes

Q: Netbook cursor freezes

as soon as i install password,the cursor freezes

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Netbook cursor freezes

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Netbook cursor freezes

Sounds like the software is incompatible with your system. Have you got the correct version for your OS. Is the PC otherwise working without error?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netbook-cursor-freezes.160616/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

My Hp Mini Netbook's operating system does not boot and goes to a black screen and cursor after I click the start button on the Quick Web.

The Quick Web appears when the computer turns on and allows you to access internet, save some photos, etc, without actually turning on your computer.

But anything like word or my files that I previously accessed when my computer normally turned on with Windows XP, I have no access to. Luckily, at this point the Laptop does turn on and go to the quick web though, so I do have basic access to the Internet but I cannot update anything.

The laptop's Windows system did have problems before--the open windows and screens would freeze or disappear. Please, Any suggestions on how to fix this would be welcome.
Let me know if you need anymore information.

Thanks very much!

A:Blackscreen with Cursor compliments of my Netbook!

When did this occur? Have you installed anything recently? Did you try a system restore?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blackscreen-with-cursor-compliments-of-my-netbook.1027324/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi

My Medion Win 7 Starter netbook has started shutting down spontaneously after an hour or two.

When I return to it, the screen is black & there is a single blinking cursor top left.

I have to shutdown manually with power button.

On reboot there is a "windows did not shut down correctly..." black screen & if I select "start normally" it boots into desptop ok.

My power option is set to harddisk always on.

Virus scan is clean.

This is most disconcerting.

Can anyone advise ?
thanks

A:Win 7 netbook shuts down to black screen with blinking cursor - help.

swayzak, please answer these questions in your next post:

Is windows activated? Look computer>system properties and at the bottom it should say if it is or not.

Does it have all of its drivers and updates from windows installed?

What antivirus are you running?

When you power back up, is the battery retaining at least some of its charge (should be displayed on the far right of the taskbar)?

Is the battery loose or is your computer over-heating?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/205036-win-7-netbook-shuts-down-black-screen-blinking-cursor-help.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey there I'm currently fixing a netbook from my friend When i first look up the problem and ask the friend when it last working and he say last working is sept and he last installed a AVG so i suspect it's a virus problem as i heard AVG rogue out there So i attempt to boot in Safe Mode Same result Boot in LKGC Same result Boot Win installation disk for restore Same result checked CD boot first So i removed HDD and connect to my PC to have virus removed on the HDD There is one virus found I expect it was bit more than that Anyway a little strange problem When i remove HDD and i boot netbook with HDD and it goes in network booting I checked in BIOS and it say network boot first and i changed to CD-ROM first then save in BIOS and reboot but it changed to default as i changed the and Toshbia boots up screen [SOLVED] black cursor moving. Netbook with settings as i want check if netbook can open the Win Installation disk but i cant do if netbook changes [SOLVED] Toshbia Netbook boots up with black screen and cursor moving. to network booting AFTER i change the CD-rom first

A:[SOLVED] Toshbia Netbook boots up with black screen and cursor moving.

Black screen with cursor [Solved]

Quote:

Missing from the c:\windows\system32 folder so I replaced these files from a known good computer and just as before same problem. Again connected the hard drive to a other computer to examine it and again the same files are missing again....
LSASS.EXE
SERVICES.EXE
SVHOST.EXE
Every time I replace them they get deleted and the computer ends up with the black screen with only the mouse cursor which you can move around the screen.

I checked the files in there and only SVHost is missing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-toshbia-netbook-boots-up-with-black-screen-and-cursor-moving-564369.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have an  Acer Aspire One that I purchased 11/09. 2gb memory, 250gb HD. Intel Atom Z520 processor, Vista Home BasicAO751h-1279I don't use it for much, basically just occasionally looking for something on the internet.... but it mostly used very rarely because it is sooooo slow. Just doing a simple google search....sometimes it never shows me anything.  Also, quite often once it is left alone, when I come back, it will not wake back up.... requiring a hard reboot. I run malwarebytes, superantispyware often. I have recently followed the directions on this site for clearing temp files and scandisk etc. No improvement.I will be leaving in 2 weeks to go abroad to take a class and will need a small computer. Is this something that can be fixed? Or should I be shopping for a newer netbook? Thanks.

A:Netbook hangs and freezes

QuoteI will be leaving in 2 weeks to go abroad to take a class and will need a small computer. Is this something that can be fixed? Or should I be shopping for a newer netbook? ThanksShort answer is No, you will not fix it in time. You can buy a good computer from many outlets. Here in the USA you can get a good price on a computer at a Walmart store,. But if they do not have what you need in stock, then can pull it from another store with no shipping change.IMO, a refurbished laptop is your best option. You just want it to work and don't care about fashion. http://www.walmart.com/browse/electronics/refurbished-laptops/3944_3951_1089430_1230091_1230092No, this is not a endorsement. Other discount vendors \have some of the same stuff at about the same price. What matters in the kind of warranty they support.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,156539.0.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I've had this netbook for a little over a year and been having problems for about 5 months.

It randomly freezes and CTL+ALT+DEL does not work- it must be rebooted manually.

Sometimes after rebooting there is a message that says it was shut down improperly and i have to choose "start windows normally", but not all the time.

I have downloaded a couple free antivirus and firewalls to run scans, but they did not help and i deleted them.

Now I have BSafe internet security- which has not helped.

I would greatly appreciate knowing anything i can do to help- I really need my computer but don't have money to buy Norton, etc. Thanks so much!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-netbook-freezes.977428/
Relevancy 52.89%

hi. i have a Acer One Netbook and have had it for around 8 months. I was on facebook and it froze completely so i had to turn it off. When i restarted it i could get as far as choosing an account to log onto but when selecting anyones account, it would log on and freeze only showing the background and the mouse, NO START BAR ! Please can someone help me.... thanks.

A:my acer one netbook freezes when i log on

Hi rossutton, Ill assusme you have access to another computer since your posting on here. Im going to need a little more info to be able to help you. Start by telling me about your laptop if you can. hard drive, processor, ram, bios info, ect. Also any programs that youve installed recently that might have installed a virus on your system, things like that ok. Once we have this info we will be better able to help you fix this problem.
Ill check back to look for your next post.

Reguards
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-acer-one-netbook-freezes-when-i-log-on-502464.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Running XP No longer using MSE but parts may remain it is red in the system tray Can operate in Safe mode with networking Failures seem to be MSE related This one freezes Netbook Acer Aspire pc has an old day version of Office on it never paid to update so looking at options there Would like to make this safe and functional but having trouble Who wants a challenge DDS Ver - - - NTFS x NETWORKInternet Explorer Run by David at Acer Aspire one Netbook freezes on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated EDB FA - B - AFA- C D- CCA Running Processes c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k rpcssC WINDOWS system Acer Aspire one Netbook freezes svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com dURLSearchHooks A BC A - F - -AA - D C - lt orphaned gt BHO FD D- B- FC- - AE - lt orphaned gt BHO Google Toolbar Helper AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllBHO Skype Browser Helper AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer skypeieplugin dllBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllTB Google Toolbar C B - - D - B - A CD F - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllTB Google Toolbar C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dlluRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun swg c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe uRun MSMSGS c program files messenger msmsgs exe backgroundmRun LaunchApp AlaunchmRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exemRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exemRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exemRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEmRun AzMixerSel c program files realtek audio installshield AzMixerSel exemRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exemRun IMJPMIG c windows ime imjp IMJPMIG EXE Spoil RemAdvDef Migration mRun MSPY c windows system ime pintlgnt ImScInst exe SYNCmRun PHIME ASync c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE SYNCmRun PHIME A c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE IMENamemRun LManager c progra launch QtZgAcer EXEmRun eRecoveryService c acer empowering technology erecovery eRAgent exemRun APSDaemon c program files common files apple apple application support APSDaemon exe mRun iTunesHelper c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe mRun Adobe ARM c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe mRun QuickTime Task c program files quicktime QTTask exe -atboottimemRun DWQueuedReporting c progra common micros dw dwtrig exe -tmRun UserFaultCheck c windows system dumprep -udRun DWQueuedReporting c progra common micros dw dwtrig exe -tStartupFolder c docume david startm programs startup pandau lnk - c program files panda usb vaccine USBVaccine exeStartupFolder c docume david startm programs startup autoru onenot lnk - c program files microsoft office office ONENOTEM EXEStartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup interv lnk - c program files intervideo common bin WinCinemaMgr exeuPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword uPolicies-Explorer NoDriveAutoRun dword uPolicies-Explorer NoDrives dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDriveAutoRun dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDrives dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDriveAutoRun dword IE Add to Google Photos Screensa amp ver - c windows system GPhotos scr IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c program files microsoft office office ONBttnIE dllIE EA C -E FF- B- -AEC B E - EA C -E ... Read more

A:Acer Aspire one Netbook freezes

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/534370 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534370/acer-aspire-one-netbook-freezes/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Tech(s),
Topic: ASUS Netbook.......Slow performance and freezes
I bought this ASUS netbook computer about.... a little over 5 months ago. I was great! I love it's size and style. My family and I visit websites and watch streaming videos most of the time. I could use multi-pages at a time with ease. But since last month of July, I have seen this computer with a slow performance and freezes alot. I had downloaded a McAfee software on my netbook in June. I would have it scheduled to scan my computer daily.......I dont see an improvement in speed or proformance after these scans.
I believe I have a virus not visible to McAfee or some program is slowing my system down.
Please can a tech help me with my situation.
Thanks
Lamarie78

Relevancy 52.03%

Basically I have a Gateway netbook -- an LT u I ve been through censored with it I m about to ship it to Texas for repair for the third time but before I did I wanted to post this The main issue I have with it right now is this -- whenever there is an excess amount of programs running if you leave the computer to sit and let the screen turn off and then you go to move the mouse the computer will have difficulty coming back -- it ll be beyond sluggish and somehow the power settings reset by themselves and occasionally the processor speed settings when when screen freezes of processes? and off, up turns a lot are there Netbook will somehow be set to for the minimum and maximum processor speed in the power settings How do I Netbook freezes up when screen turns off, and when there are a lot of processes? fix this Netbook freezes up when screen turns off, and when there are a lot of processes? without just disabling the screen from turning off I think it would also happen even by disabling it too It can t be the wifi card or hardrive as these both have been replaced by Gateway tech and yet the problem still exists Could it be the motherboard or processor Specs Gateway LT u AMD Athlon Processor GHz GB RAM ATI Radeon Graphics card -bit Vista Home Basic nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netbook-freezes-up-when-screen-turns-off-and-when-there-are-a-lot-of-processes.912887/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

I have a asus netbook with a windows 7 starter OS. It frequently freezes ( no response at all, Ctrl+Alt+Del does nothing.) Not many BSODs but I have included the information for a BSOD post anyway.

I usually force it to restart by holding down the power button. It happens mostly when I am watching some video, whether online or on vlc.

- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ?
Is the original installed OS on the system?
Yes
- an OEM or full retail version?
OEM
- What is the age of system (hardware)?
about a year and 3 months
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?)
I haven't re-installed the OS.

Thanks for any help you can give me! My co-workers think that I am having all these problems because it is win7 starter, but I am hesitant about upgrading.

A:Netbook freezes frequently, mostly when watching videos.

The only 3 uploaded DMP files were from months ago. If you have any more please upload them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/217113-netbook-freezes-frequently-mostly-when-watching-videos.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Greetings I suspect I have a virus or other malware I have an HP mini with OS Win XP service pack I have an ext opt drive and the following recovery kit disks Application Recovery DVD Microsoft Works OS CD WinXP SP and mini Malware slows/freezes netbook Application and Driver Recovery DVD Series Disks and I currently have Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes however when I noticed my mini was being very slow and freezing I had CA quot Anti-virus Plus Anti-Spyware quot Spybot S amp D and Malwarebytes I called HP tech support to report the problems I was having and the tech told me that I had too much security software and could actually be more vulnerable to attack He recommended that I use only Malware slows/freezes mini netbook MSE and Malwarebytes so I uninstalled Spybot and CA didn't like CA's interface anyway and I replaced them with MSE There was no improvement The HP tech's solution was for me to uninstall everything thereby losing all my pet mp files photos etc and reinstall with the recovery kit mentioned above Gee thanks I wanted to try something less drastic and a friend of mine who works in IT recommended TSF so here I am I should also tell you that I consider myself to be an advanced beginner pc user I think I have tried to carefully follow all the pre-posting directions and below I include my DDS txt and zip attachments as instructed I hope I've done everything correctly-gulp If not I'll do it again I will be very grateful indeed for your help Thank you very much for your time and energy in providing this assistance-you are very generous DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Nigeala L Nigrath at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials On-access scanning disabled Updated BCF -A - -AEDE-D FCBCFCDF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials MsMpEng exe C Program Files Roxio BackOnTrack Instant Restore BOTService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c windows softwaredistribution download install STacSV exe svchost exe C Program Files Roxio BackOnTrack Disaster Recovery SaibSVC exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS system dlbtcoms exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system AESTFltr exe C Program Files HP HPBTWD exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files syncables syncables desktop Syncables exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C Program Files SiteRanker SiteRankTray exe C Program Files syncables syncables desktop jre bin javaw exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files Sony Reader Data bin launcher Reader Library Launcher exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files syncables syncables desktop MigoMapi exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe C Program Files The Weather Channel FW Desktop DesktopWeather exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files CNN News Alert CNNNewsAlert exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqToaster exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C DOCUME NIGEAL NIG Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSear... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/malware-slows-freezes-mini-netbook-507022.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have an Acer Aspire D with Windows starter Intel Atom N GHz amp GB DDR Memory Whenever our internet connection goes down my netbook freezes It really is that simple At first I thought it was random freezing while I was only watching TV shows on VLC Until one day I was surfing and listening to VLC and Netbook connection loss of freezes with internet just as the webpage went down about second later my netbook froze I even uninstalled Netbook freezes with loss of internet connection VLC but it happens with Media Netbook freezes with loss of internet connection Player Classic too so it has nothing to do with VLC We are using a wireless router So I'm not sure if it is the wireless router that stops working or if it is our internet service that stops working Either way it causes my netbook to freeze Since it freezes the entire computer I can't diagnose any internet connection issues I must hold down the power button until it turns off It turns back on fine and it will work great for days even weeks before it happens again Any ideas what would cause it to freeze when the internet connection disappears Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592074/netbook-freezes-with-loss-of-internet-connection/
Relevancy 50.74%

First off I am not all that much of a quot tecnical quot person so I may need simple languge About five days ago my netbook started to take a realy long time to find and connect to my wirless internet last time it took around thirty minets Not only that but while it is still connecting If I try to bring up any thing it will freez I can not even pull up microsft word or the start menu however in safemod it only takes a few seconts to find the connection and conect That is how I am able to get online now so far I have run every anti virues program I have which did not it the internet Solved: freezes to till Acer connects netbook come up with any thing other then traking cookies uninstalled all the programs I can with the exeption of the ones that came preinstalled and microsoft Solved: Acer netbook freezes till it connects to the internet office I have also ran defrag and cleared out my brouser history lastly I tried disconecting from my wirless signel in safe mod then restarting in reguler mod All of this with no luck I am also farly sure that it has nothing to do with the motum or the internet as both of my moms laptops work just fine does any one have any idea why it is doing this or how I can fix it nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I bought this netbook on black friday and had done a ton of reviews on it and everyone gave it stars I got it at BestBuy and they had said that they opened it from the manufacturer and freezes reboot Netbook restart when can only manual Brand-new idle, with uninstalled all the trial software and installed an Anti-virus program Aside from that all I ve installed software-wise is Skype I have no issue with the computer if I am actively surfing or working on a document But if I pull up a web page that has a lot of text and I m reading it for a while or if I walk away from it and leave it it freezes after only a few minutes Also I can t close the laptop while it Brand-new Netbook freezes when idle, can only reboot with manual restart s on otherwise Brand-new Netbook freezes when idle, can only reboot with manual restart when I open it again it will show me the screen quot User Name application running quot but when I click it it doesn t do anything I have run all the spyware checks and anti-virus and it s clean I have also changed the power options so that it doesn t hibernate and shut of screen savers This hasn t helped It really is a great little computer otherwise and I d like to fix it rather than take it back for a refund Does anyone have any ideas I really don t think it s a heat issue since it sometimes only happens after minutes and it isn t hot at all Could it be the ram I can t reboot Windows in it since I don t have a portable USB Optical drive and the netbook itself has no CD-ROM Here are the stats OS Windows XP service pack Model Compaq Mini - DX Intel Atom N quot LED GB DDR GB HD Built-in HP webcam b g nbsp

A:Brand-new Netbook freezes when idle, can only reboot with manual restart

Talk to the manufacturer. Get it fixed while still under warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-netbook-freezes-when-idle-can-only-reboot-with-manual-restart.139457/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a pavillion g6 and the cursor keeps freezing. I have to hit power button to regain cursor. How can I fix?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Cursor-Freezes/td-p/5701089
Relevancy 49.45%

hello, yesterday i installed windows 7 Ultimate x64 on my laptop Acer Aspire 5735Z and everything is ok except cursor. after pressing any button on the keyboard(except Shift, Ctrk and Alt) my cursor stucks for 1-2 seconds. i am using touchpad, here it is: http://www.notebookcheck.net/typo3te...bee413f80f.jpg
as you can see, its got 2 buttons and they work after pressing any key, but the touchpad stucks. any suggestions??

A:Cursor freezes...

Hi japsp, welcome to SevenForums.

Please fill out your System Specs as completely as possible so we can better assist you.

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/89095-cursor-freezes.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My cursor freezes when I am typing on or off line on my laptop. The only way to get back control of the cursor is to restart or log off. I have tried all the obvious things I could think of. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium with AMD Anthon Dual Core QL60 processor and 2.00 GB RAM. I have been using Avast Anti Virus. Scans turn up no viruses or Trojans. Got rid of all unnecessary programs, did a disk cleanup, defragmented my hard drive, checked the settings for the mouse and updated drivers. Could it be a memory problem? I upped the virtual memory slightly seemed to help a little but maybe it is just my imagination at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255253/cursor-freezes/
Relevancy 49.45%

The cursor freezes every day. I tried buying a new mouse. The problem remains. It seems to freeze at random times. I have to reboot the entire computer. This is very annoying if in the middle of a program. The cursor is the microsoft PS/2 mouse. Can't find anything on other reference to this problem.

A:Cursor Freezes

This could be a whole bunch of different issues.

I think that "maybe" you are experiencing a system crash instead of a mouse error.

-Is the keyboard still functional when this happens?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/58245/cursor-freezes/
Relevancy 49.45%

On boot cursor 'jiggles' around a point and won't respond. Upgraded from Win 8. All other functions appear normal.Latest Win 10 updates installed.

A:Win 10 cursor freezes

Dell says: "Product not tested for Windows 10 upgradeDell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected."You say that it does not boot but you also say that it has all updates installed. Did it ever boot completely after Windows 10 upgrade?You say "all other functions appear normal". Does it eventually boot?Please elaborate.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/win-10-cursor-freezes/544.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My cursor freezes when I am typing on or off line on my laptop. The only way to get back control of the cursor is to restart or log off. I have tried all the obvious things I could think of. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium with AMD Anthon Dual Core QL60 processor and 2.00 GB RAM I have been using Avast Anti Virus. Scans turn up no viruses or Trojans. Got rid of all unnecessary programs, did a disk cleanup, defragmented my hard drive, checked the settings for the mouse and updated drivers. Could it be a memory problem? I upped the virtual memory slightly seemed to help a little but maybe it is just my imagination at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/246039-cursor-freezes.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Im playing Oblivion and for some reason my mouse cursor will freeze every 10 seconds or so while the game continues and then will unfreeze... This is very frustrating and makes me not want to play... Is their any way to fix this problem? I ran disk defragment, I ran disk clean up. I checked my mouses drivers they are up to date... I have no idea why its doing this except maybe some mods I downloaded is making this happen, if so is their any way to fix this without deactivating my mods or re installing the game?

A:Mouse cursor freezes

hmmm an odd one, have u tried another USB port?
i had problems with oblivion too with regards to my char moving in slow motion, turned out to be my control pad i had plugged in that i use for racing games, i unplugged it and not had an issue since. do u have any other controller hardware plugged in? if so unplug it and see if it helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-freezes.1015790/
Relevancy 48.59%

I ran malwarebytes avast avg and spybot The problem stopped for about two weeks but it is now back Here is the log any help is greatly appreciated ThanksComboFix - - - Jesse - NTFSx Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - Running from c users Jesse Downloads ComboFix exeSP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Other Deletions c windows Installer WMEncoder msi Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Jesse AppData Local temp - - goes then and Cursor crazy freezes - - -------- d-----w- c users Default AppData Local temp - - - - ----a-w- c windows system kerberos dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system Cursor goes crazy and then freezes wdigest dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system lsasrv dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system msv dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system schannel dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers ksecdd sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system lsass exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system secur dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system atl dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wkssvc dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system mstscax dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system avifil dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wmpdxm dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system spwmp dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system dxmasf dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wmploc DLL - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers aswTdi sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers aswRdr sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system AvastSS scr - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers aswSP sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers aswFsBlk sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system aswBoot exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers aswMonFlt sys - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Common Files PX Storage Engine - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Common Files DivX Shared - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata McAfee - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Jesse AppData Roaming Malwarebytes - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers mbamswissarmy sys - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata Malwarebytes - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers mbam sys Find M Report - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Spybot - Search amp Destroy - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata Spybot - Search amp Destroy - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata Microsoft Help - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Windows Mail - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Jesse AppData Roaming uTorrent - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Hotspot Shield - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files DivX - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Java - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wininet dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system ieencode dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system ieUnatt exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers avgldx sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system avgrsstx dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers avgtdix sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers avgmfx sys - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata avg - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files AVG - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Alwil Software - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files MSBuild - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Microsoft Visual Studio - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Jesse AppData Roaming DiskAid - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files DigiDNA - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files WinSCP - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers hssdrv sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system t embed dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system fontsub dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system dciman dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system atmfd dll - - - - ----a-w- c users Jesse AppData Local d d caps dat - - - - ----a-w- c windows system deploytk dll - - - - ----a-w- c program files mozilla firefox plugins libdivx dll - - - - ----a-w- c program files mozilla firefox plugins ssldivx dll Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKE... Read more

A:Cursor goes crazy and then freezes

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250131/cursor-goes-crazy-and-then-freezes/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi guys

Im a total newb and pretty much computer illiterate but was wondering if anyone could help me out here?

Im usig an Acer Aspire 5100, running windows XP and ive just tried to attach an ipod to it for the first time (told you i was a newb)
Everytime i attach it via any of the USB ports the cursor just totally freezes and i cant get it to do anything.
It was also freezing when i attached my camera to it a few weeks back but i figured it was my cam at he time.
Anybody got any ideas that a simpleton like myself can do to get it to work?

Cheers

A:Help!! Cursor freezes when using USB ports.

No ideas anyone? :-(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-cursor-freezes-when-using-usb-ports-345919.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi everyone,
My mouse cursor freezes on the screen everyonce in a while .After I wait about 10 seconds I can move it.
I have a HP7920 and my os is Windows ME.

A:mouse cursor freezes

This is usually indicitave that your computer is busy processing something else at the time (another program)...or that your system resources are low...

To find out if either of these are the case...
1.) Reboot your computer...
2.) Right click on My Computer...
3.) Select properties...
4.) Select Performance...

If your performance is more than 85%...your computer should typically be fine. (Be aware that opening more programs throughout the day can lower this number...at that point...it should always be kept above 70%...if it's not...you should look into adding more RAM.
If your performance is less than 85% on boot...try this...

1.) Start
2.) Run
3.) Msconfig
4.) Startup...(the top right option usually...)

You're going to notice that a number of these are checked...Most of them shouldn't be...and others you might want to keep...Virtually every program puts itself here after installation, slowing your computer. Monitor this frequently...

I hope that these simple solutions help...

- David

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-freezes.117930/
Relevancy 48.59%

My Toshiba laptop with win 8.1 freezes the cusor...help!

A:Cursor freezes in Windows 8.1

My Toshiba laptop with win 8.1 freezes the cusor...help!
Okay.  It happens.  Usually it is because there is a process that takes priority of the OS, which in turns causes it to lock up.  Should only be for a second.  If more then a minute, then you have something that got a mind of its own, and basically crashed the system, even though it appears everything is still running.

What is the date of the driver for your mouse, and who is the publisher.  This information can be found in Device manager, by right clicking on the device.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523234/cursor-freezes-in-windows-81/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have windows 98 and it seems lately my mouse cursor freezes up.

Any one have any suggestions to fix it?

A:mouse cursor freezes

Reinstall driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-freezes.189212/
Relevancy 48.59%

HP desktop PC. Every few minutes the cursor freezes while the keyboard lights blink rapidly.
The only way I can get the cursor to work is to keep rapidly pushing the ON button on the tower (which is on) until it switches to Sleep mode and then it restarts and every thing is OK for a few minutes and then the problem reappears.
I have MalwareBytes and Avast.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8174 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 941326 MB, Free - 486789 MB; D: Total - 12439 MB, Free - 1524 MB; K: Total - 1907726 MB, Free - 586134 MB;
Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, 2AC2
Antivirus: PC Cleaner Pro, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

A:cursor freezes on windows 7

1. Welcome to Tech Support Guy
2. Uninstall this
http://www.pccleaner.com/
Antivirus: PC Cleaner Pro, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled
The program is best described as garbage - unwanted and will cause mayhem, sooner or later it will ruin your operating system.
In the first instance use Control Panel, Programs and features
after uninstalling every reference to Pc Cleaner Pro - rebooting after EACH uninstall
it may well ben necessary to carry out additional tasks, to complete its removal, which we will do when you reply
Stay with Avast and MBAM
Indeed you may well find that the PC Cleaner Pro is the cause of the problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cursor-freezes-on-windows-7.1149026/
Relevancy 48.16%

I was instructed by someone over in the forums to post your hijack logs to post my problem here For some reason my mouse cursor after a few minutes of use will freeze up on my screen The icon will not move however if I were to pull the mouse down and to the left and Screen Mouse Cursor Freezes On click the start menu would pop up I hope I m explaining clear enough the situation The actual image of the cursor itslef does not move however I can still move and use the mouse but I cannot see where I am moving it to I just have to guess where it Mouse Cursor Freezes On Screen is on the screen and click becuase the mouse cursor image is frozen While the cursor is frozen in its one position the icon changes in accordance to where the real arrow is on the screen text cursor over a text input area Mouse Cursor Freezes On Screen finger pointer when I m over a link etc In safe mode however I do not seem to experience this problem I ve run every possible anti virus and adware programs possible and cleaned up my hijack entry to the extreme I ve also tried a different mouse but I still experience the same problem I had a feeling from the start it was some software device issue because the mouse works but I just can t see what I m doing and this happens on any mouse used on my PC I ve also reinstalled the driver to make sure that wasn t it but nothing helped If anyone has any suggestions on what to do please let me know Thanks nbsp

A:Mouse Cursor Freezes On Screen

I've had the same problem since yesterday !
Coincidence or new threat ?
I doubt it could be a threat as I'm well protected.
Recently I'm experiencing a highly low performance of my computer and I'm looking into it. One of the problem seemed to be the connect software from Sony for the new NW-a3000 mp3 jukebox, seemed to be installed twice (thank to an update ?).
As a test I'm monitoring the speed of unpacking RAR archives. Before I was around 4000 kb/s in the good moments. And then it went to 400 kb/s !!
After uninstalling the connect software I was more like around 1100 kb/s ...

I'm still not sure about that but now I saw that some of my partition are highly (>50%) fragmented, especialy my download partition. I'm then running diskeeper to clean a little.

One possible cause of the cursor problem I would see is that when I run uTorrent for example (bittorrent download) with 5 or 6 big files downloading I have a slow mouse cursor. Could be that at some point It get lot.

I'm also suspecting a software I'm using : YourUninstaller. It looks after an unistall all possible left regsitry keys, and there are often a lot found. I'm almost sure that 99% of them should be removed, but what if an important registry key is removed and I'm not careful enough ... I'm always suspecting that software to maybe cause problems on my computer.

If all my investigation doesn't give any result I'll install a fresh new windows and stop using this software.

Anyway, please keep me posted of ur progress.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-cursor-freezes-on-screen.52419/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi there I've been having an issue for the past few weeks with my Razer Naga 2014. The cursor seems to stop responding sometimes for about 2-5 seconds and once in a while I have to reboot and or unplug and plug it back in for it to start responding again. This happens while using the mouse in games and just browsing the web. I have also noticed that once in a while when it freezes all the backlit buttons go dark like it is disconnected then light back up and it unfreezes. Another thing to add is that I have tried using different USB ports and the problem persists. Is this a sign that my mouse is faulty or is there a chance that it can be fixed?

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/mouse-cursor-randomly-freezes.308750/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi

I seem to be suffering the same problems as the (OP) chap in this thread.

It seems that the guy providing the help has been banned. Is there anyone else who can help please? From what was said, the error log is needed, so mine is attached. Any help in decyfering it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Martin

A:Windows 8 Freezes up and cursor disappears

seems to be heap corruption, I would reinstall...

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/13824-windows-8-freezes-up-cursor-disappears.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I mention that its my laptop but its my parents laptop and i thought it was easier to explain it as mine as im trying to please :( help! and freezes also, freezing Vista cursor help keeps fix it I have had this laptop for only a few weeks now its a Dell Inspiron laptop the one with the GB HD the rest of the specs are here http www euro dell com content p aptop-inspiron- c uk amp cs ukdhs amp l en amp s dhs To put it simply more details below it keeps freezing the cursor wont move either and ctrl-alt-del wont either no viruses help! Vista keeps freezing and cursor freezes also, please help :( what so ever i havnt even downloaded anything its so new all i have done is installed the anti-virus and windows update yet it keeps freezing randomly Can someone please help me find out what the problem is or have a guess as to whats causing the freezing I would really appreciate it so much Thanks help! Vista keeps freezing and cursor freezes also, please help :( more info The thing just randomly keeps freezing the cursor freezes along with it as well and Ctrl-Alt-Del wont work either the whole thing just freezes So this is what i have done to try and fix this i have had a hardware diagnostic test on the thing to check if its the hardware thats the problem it turns out the hardware is perfectly fine Now from further tests and other stuff that i have done there are no viruses or spyware what so ever and no applications are known to cause corruptions and non are causing the problem I have a suspotion it might be the OS vista has had bad reputation for being unstable so im guessing its either the installation or the OS on the disk Im going to wipe the HD and reinstall vista to confirm if its any applications downloaded or updates if it still crashes after that then im assming its the OS and will try and get my money back Does anyone have and suggestions on what the problem might be nbsp

A:help! Vista keeps freezing and cursor freezes also, please help :(

Hi Nathan5000 and welcome to Tech Support Guy (TSG). Hopefully your problem(s) will become resolved and that you have a good experience here I will be one of the many users here which will help you to resolve your problem

Is it possible for you to boot into Safe Mode?

To enter Safe Mode, restart your computer and keep hitting the F8 key repeatedly to bring up a menu. Navigate (using your arrow keys) to "Safe Mode" and once it is highlighted, press the Enter/Return key on your keyboard. A list of drivers should appear, each one of them is being loaded and is normal (in other words, ignore this list). Log into your normal account AND NOT the Administrator account which is visible.

---

Does it still freeze in Safe Mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-vista-keeps-freezing-and-cursor-freezes-also-please-help.818621/
Relevancy 48.16%

W bit In last couple of days PC has suddenly become unreliable after it s been running a while screen PC Freezes changing - mode cursor freezes cursor locked ctl alt del will not work When this happens found I can recover but often only for or mins by simply plugging something into USB port as soon as you get the quot Bing Bong quot device PC Freezes - cursor mode changing found noise screen unfreezes Sometimes just waiting sec to a min and screen will unfreeze PC Freezes - cursor mode changing Also notice frequently when working the cursor changes to window resize mode double ended arrow and then work is erratic until it recovers Also cursor will frequently disappear when you move to an active window or turn into text entry vert bar cursor for no reason Both Kyb amp Mouse are USB Sometimes hitting ESC several times will return control temporarily I have reinstalled mouse driver but no change Run sfc scannow it advised corruption on some files and unable to repair The CBS log is immense and I think beyond my abilities to know what needs to be fixed and how to fix probably not good enough System Restore - went back different restore points - all fail to restore unspecified error xc Have had no error reports that restore points had failed Is there an option to repair a windows install nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I have a toshiba laptop with touch screen and after signing on and going into the internet my cursor disappears. Touching the keypad moves the screen up and down, but no cursor so I have no control over it. I finally plugged in a wireless mouse and that works fine. Just the touchpad is messed up. Sometimes I can see the cursor but it freezes, other times the cursor disappears. I've read alot about it and it seems to be a glitch in 8.1, from what I see, but I also seen others have problems with this too. HELP PLEASE! It's annoying and if it wasnt' for the touchscreen the laptop would be useless. Also, it didn't start until the 81 upgrade. It wasn't doing that with 8.0

A:Solved: cursor freezes or disappears in 8.1

All I can suggest, and you've likely tried this already, look for a different touchpad driver on Toshiba's and the touchpad manufacturer's web sites.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cursor-freezes-or-disappears-in-8-1.1148762/
Relevancy 48.16%

The cursor freezes without rhyme or reason while using the touchpad. Sometimes it freezes and right beneath the frozen cursor there's a tiny rectangular box with an arrow at each end - sometimes there's just a frozen cursor with no small box. The keyboard continues to work while the cursor is frozen. The notebook is running Vista Home Premium with 1 Gig of RAM. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cursor-freezes-on-toshiba-notebook.732654/
Relevancy 48.16%

Over the past month this laptop's cursor has deleoped a tendency to lock on the screen I have contacted Microsoft and they suggested HP driver updates Duly done and addiotionally I get the updates as and when they or locks, Cursor screen on freezes, happen Unfortunately this has not prevented the problem Is there a downloadable repair somehwere A command that unlocks the cursor touch pad controlled Incidentally the mouse does not seem to work here Usually I get by by closing Cursor freezes, or locks, on screen the lid and get back to where I was although this can be a problem during a download or something Cursor freezes, or locks, on screen that requires speed and timing Thankfully I am not into gaming nbsp What's the upshot Is it fixable or is this a sign I need to buy a new laptop Is this an OS problem Or hardware Or compatability between these HP with and firefox I can still use the keyboard the cursor has done the usual it froze about times between registering and this post nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Thanks for any help

A:Cursor freezes, or locks, on screen

Hi @LAANMO,Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the cursor freezing. I will be glad to help you. Here are some documents to wrk through.Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 10, 8)Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered (Windows 10, 8, 7)Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8) Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Cursor-freezes-or-locks-on-screen/td-p/5603683
Relevancy 48.16%

I've had this issue from day when I upgraded to Windows I tried many versions of drivers downloaded and installed from Lenovo w/ Cursor freezes after/while two finger... scrolling support directly from Synaptics and also using Windows Update which installed whatever it Cursor freezes after/while scrolling w/ two finger... is that it installs as the driver package All of them have the same issue -- when using two finger scrolling on the touchpad of my Thinkpad T on Windows the cursor freezes for - seconds and does not respond to the touchpad usage I am able to scroll without any issue of the kind using two fingers when on Windows with Cursor freezes after/while scrolling w/ two finger... a Synaptics Lenovo driver Cursor freezes after/while scrolling w/ two finger... and also on Ubuntu and other Linux Live CDs which use open source Synaptics driver built into X Windows system I am suspecting a driver issue which is buried so deep into Synaptics driver architecture that they are unwilling to do anything about it with it possibly affecting a minor enough percentage of their users What I have noticed is that the page fault counter for the SynTPEnh exe process spikes through the roof when scrolling at a rate of about a page faults per second while scrolling and now sitting at half a million after an hour of desktop usage fourth place among all processes after Firefox Windows Defender and Windows Service Host For a touchpad driver this should be a giant alarm bell ringing I don't know if this is related to the issue but it's not a good sign Anyway has anyone similar issues and what can I do about it I don't want to use the laptop with the default mouse driver because then I cannot scroll at all I don't know through which channels I can contact Lenovo about it and Synaptics does not offer end user support for touchpads since they are an OEM for Lenovo I have submitted this information through Windows Feedback but since I am unable to track my own previous submissions I have little chance to find what it is I wrote and whether someone from Microsoft or otherwise replied to it

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Cursor-freezes-after-while-scrolling-w-two-fingers-on-Win-10/td-p/3314186
Relevancy 48.16%

2 issues: 1.  Within 3-5 mins of accessing my laptop to do anything, my touchpad cursor freezes into a horizontal only response mode.  The arrow becomes a 4-pointed STAR and a small vertical rectangle icon related to zoom function changes the zoom %tages without actually being prompted. 2.   The clock/date function doesn't work.  Reset several times, no fix.  Replaced 3vdc battery on MB, still no fix. I re-entered all drivers, and have updated all available Windows 7 updates.  But I'm still handicapped, within minutes of operating start, and rebooting unlocks the cursor, but again, within minutes, it freezes again.  I'm surprised that in the time that it takes to type this, it hasn't occured.  I am using Internet Explorer.  I am wondering what might be the problem.  I don't know if this problem is only in Google Chrome operation.   Covet advice...  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/cursor-freezes-and-only-goes-vertically-up-and-down-zoom/td-p/5848356
Relevancy 48.16%

Win XP hangs and cannot reboot again until cools down

Cursor freezes, cant even use alt+ctrl+delete. I have to switch off the machine .

I am running Win XP prof. SP2 on a VAIO VGC RB30 machine and everything was running smoothly until a few days ago when it suddenly hung and then i was unable to start the machine again until after an hour or so. (until it seems that it cools down.). I checked the event logger and there are no STOP errors. There was W32time errors which I unregistered/registered/started again and didnt get it this morning but the system hung again, coudnt even move the cursor. i shut down the machine , tried restarting it to no avail. Switched off the power , started it after a few hours , no problem. started well and i am writing this message on this forum. What else can I do to diagnose the problem. thanks .

A:Win XP cursor freezes - system hangs

Sounds like it is definitely over-heating

download and install hwmonitor
HWMonitor - CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

Post a screenshot of the voltages and temps after it has been running for a few but hopefully before it freezes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-xp-cursor-freezes-system-hangs-695305.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a 2-yr old Duron 800 Win98SE machine with 256RAM. Just recently I started to experience frequent 'momentary' (maybe 5 seconds) freezes of the cursor. These things happen like every couple of minutes. In the absence of these freezes, the computer otherwise works fine. I've tried re-booting, de-fragmenting, and have only 2 or 3 apps open at once. Even with 3 apps open, my system resources are still at 60-70%.

The only thing that has changed to the system in recent times is that about a month ago I switched monitors, but both are 17" SVGA.

Any help in solving this really annoying problem will be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Frequent momentary cursor freezes

Have you updated video drivers ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/frequent-momentary-cursor-freezes.217077/
Relevancy 48.16%

hello every one need sum help here every time i hold down a button on my keyboard my mouse freezes in till i remove my finger off the button then the mouse will go back normal ?? any help on how to fix this

my laptop is acer aspire 5551-a windows 7 32bit home prem

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi You all have been a great help in the past so maybe you can help with this new problem or black Cursor freezes goes screen A couple months ago I Cursor freezes or screen goes black put in a new hard drive and used the free XXclone to transfer my OS and all to my new drive That worked fine with no problem for a short while Not long afterward I Cursor freezes or screen goes black get the Microsoft message that now I have to contact them within several days with the Key code numbers from the XP pro package since my system has changed or my system will cease to operate I waited and it did cease to operate So I contacted them and they gave me numbers to enter to get it going again Since then occasionally like or times a Cursor freezes or screen goes black day while on the internet my cursor freezes or the screen goes black and I have to restart Right now I'm not sure it does it when not on the internet since I don't remember a specific occasion of that I'm wondering if Microsoft purposely gave me a defective key since I already had to re-register my XP pro several times in the past when changing computers or components and they just want to encourage me to buy a new XP pro Do you think they do that If not do you have other ideas as to what could cause this problem please Thanks alot Steve

A:Cursor freezes or screen goes black

There is no such thing as a "defective key". There is either one that validates or one that does not. Your product key does not affect the performance of your machine. That said, something is causing these issues, and I think the transfer of the OS might be just a coincidence. Could you give us the specs of your computer, and what virus software you use?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cursor-freezes-or-screen-goes-black-167281.html
Relevancy 48.16%

IE cursor freezes randomly and will only respond to a reboot has been doing this before the problem with adaware started -- addressed but not fixed in thread in operating system SE section quot blue screens of death quot Adaware gets to file some hangs, freezes, cursor IE Adaware etc odd has temporary content and IE in the section that it s scanning -- I m running Adaware hangs, IE cursor freezes, etc IE with updates -- although I ve removed some of the updates to see if they were affecting anything negatively and stops at that point At that time it has already found something in the registry and some files but Adaware used to run through just fine Here are Hijack results and startup list Any help would be appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM VSO MCVSRTE EXE C Adaware hangs, IE cursor freezes, etc WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM AGENT MCAGENT EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM VSO MCVSSHLD EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM VSO MCVSESCN EXE C WINDOWS RunDLL exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HPZSTATX EXE C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS RSRCMTR EXE C PROGRAM FILES HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www comcast net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default about blank O - Hosts www dcsresearch com O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM VSO MCVSSHL DLL O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry c windows scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM AGENT mcagent exe O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot C PROGRA MCAFEE COM VSO mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM AGENT MCUPDATE EXE O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot C PROGRA MCAFEE COM VSO MCMNHDLR EXE quot checktask O - HKLM RunServices McVsRte C PROGRA MCAFEE COM VSO mcvsrte exe embedding O - HKCU Run Taskbar Display Controls RunDLL deskcp dll QUICKRES RUNDLLENTRY O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions present O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra button Real com HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console HKLM O - Extra button ICQ Pro HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem ICQ HKLM O - Extra button Related HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links HKLM O - Plugin for mts C Program Files MetaCreations MetaStream npmetastream dll O - Plugin for mov C PROGRA INTERN PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - Plugin for tiff C PROGRA INTERN PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http www comcast net O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab O - DPF - ED- CF-A - AF EA VivoActive Control - http player vivo com ie vvweb cab O - DPF C E- F- D - A - C FF D McAfee Clinic AV Installer Control - http download mcafee com molbin clinic virusscan mgavinst cab O - DPF CDB -A BA- -B F - BF D C A McAfee Smart Shop - Update Class - http download mcafee com molbin mcaeng mcsmtshp cab O - DPF C AF D- C - D -A B- McAfee Clinic Cleaner Control Class - http download mcafee com molbin Clinic clean clncore clnctrl cab O - DPF CC - E- D -A B- McAfee AppClean Appclean Class - http download mcafee com molbin Clinic clean appclean appclean cab O - DPF C -D D- D - A - C FF BB BrowseFolderPopup Class - http download ... Read more

A:Adaware hangs, IE cursor freezes, etc

Deleted all offline temp files and adaware completed it's scan. Haven't a clue why this would make any difference. Anyone got an explanation? Don't know if this will have taken care of the IE freezing cursor (and window) problem or not, but I suspect not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adaware-hangs-ie-cursor-freezes-etc.183626/
Relevancy 48.16%

While browsing the web, the mouse cursor freezes. You need to reset the computer to continue to browse the web.

A:The problem with the mouse. The cursor freezes

so mouse only freezing on web browsing or does it freeze when using your apps too

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/63303-problem-mouse-cursor-freezes.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello and thanks for taking the time to look at my problem I just moved to a new apartment and today I finally plugged in and set up my desktop PC for the first time since moving The computer has never had any problems before and it had been running Computer mouse freezes cursor? except for on a clean install of Windows Pro bit for only a month before I moved with avg firewall spybot amp malwarebytes--so it should Computer freezes except for mouse cursor? be free of viruses or malware Computer freezes except for mouse cursor? Now that I have set it up in my new room the computer will boot to windows login get to the desktop work normally for about minutes and then everything freezes except for the mouse cursor Can't click anything ctrl alt delete completely non-responsive I Computer freezes except for mouse cursor? left it like this for minutes to be sure but it seems to be a permanent freeze until restart The computer is a custom-built PC with a EVGA P -SLI mobo core-i stock gb mhz RAM radeon and gb SATA- hard drive and an w corsair PSU I ran memtest for hours only months ago and it was perfect with no errors so I don't think that it's a memory issue unless the memory degraded catastrophically over that period when it's hardly been used The case runs very cool one mm in front one in back artic freezer tower on the cpu HAWK heatpipe cooler on the gpu I've opened her up checked all the physical connections between the mobo and components cleaned all the dust out I'm at a loss here The house i've just moved into is pretty old and I don't know if the electrical sockets carry all the power they're supposed to Does anyone think it could be a power issue

A:Computer freezes except for mouse cursor?

Does freezing occur in SAFEMODE?

Tap F8 key repeatedly during boot-up.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezes-except-for-mouse-cursor-511906.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I ran a malwarebytes scan this morning and left it running while Cursor freezes on startup WinXP I was gone When I returned home my cursor arrow was frozen in the bottom left hand corner of the screen over the start button and wouldn't Cursor freezes on WinXP startup move off the button no matter how vigorously I moved the mouse It does Cursor freezes on WinXP startup move a tiny bit -- about px back and forth over the top of the start button BTW the malwarebytes scan found one item -- I don't remember what it was exactly but it was a registry key item with a long name and long string of numbers I actually don't think this is related to the problem because as I said the cursor was stuck before I told the application to clean the file Anyway I restarted the computer and when my desktop appeared my cursor was in the middle of the screen but as windows continued to load after about seconds it disappeared and appeared over the start button again I unplugged the mouse changed USB ports and it still happens It happens with no mouse plugged in at all I went into msconfig to see if there was anything new that was loading on startup and found a few adobe things and some itunes things and I disabled them I even disabled my AVG None of this worked Finally I tried doing a system restore and am unable to do that -- I tried different restore points and every time I get the error that Windows couldn't restore to that point I'm posting this now from safe mode PLEASE can anyone help I have googled and asked around and I can't find anything even remotely close to this BTW my keyboard commands work and when I tab around in text areas for example I can type just fine It is only the arrow cursor and by default the mouse that is stuck My computer is a Dell Dimension E Windows XP media center edition SP -bit GZ intel pentium D GB RAM

A:Cursor freezes on WinXP startup

Hello hyena

Have you tried another mouse?

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode. (Press F8 continually during boot up and boot all the way into Safe Mode)

If the problem is gone go to Device Manager
Start/Right click My Computer/Properties/Hardware/Device Manager
Look for yellow errors especially at the mouse

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cursor-freezes-on-winxp-startup-387117.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have not had this problem for a while now, but consistently a few months ago, my laptop cursor would freeze in place toward the end of an MBAM threat scan. The rest of the computers functions would still work, I could type, right/left click, etc. Just the pointer would not move. It would unfreeze after the scan was finished. I should've asked about the problem then, but better late than never. Any idea what caused that? As it has stopped happening now, I would not think a hidden virus caused it, but I am a worrier, not an expert.

I have been running Windows 8.1. There seemed to be compatibility issues after a forced update, but through time, they went away as Windows kept releasing updates. 

Thanks again, kind folks.

A:Cursor freezes during MBAM Scan

Hello aworrier:

Please open your own topic in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help.

A forum helper will request additional data.
Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573262/cursor-freezes-during-mbam-scan/
Relevancy 48.16%

I've been noticing the last several weeks that my cursor will sometimes freeze when I try to move it over a picture or an internet link. If I keep moving the mouse it will reappear on the other side.

Rebooting the computer makes the problem go away for awhile, but it eventually comes back. Now I'm also starting to have trouble with my HP scanner. I don't know if the two problems are related or not.

Has anyone ever heard of this or have some ideas how to permanently fix it? I'm running Windows 98.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cursor-freezes-on-pictures-and-links.42562/
Relevancy 48.16%

I had this problem before where, when a pet rabbit (I admit that was a bad decision) would walk or sit on the computer or keyboard, not for a long time, and as the result the mousepad/cursor would stop working. Even a plugged in mouse wouldn't help. I had it repaired and the person who fixed it said it was a setting. Problem is, same rabbit same problem, and now my cursor does it again. I can turn it on and it will move and click, same with my guest account, but then after a while it'll freeze and not do a thing. it's very frustrating. where's the setting?

A:Cursor freezes when I log into my non guest account

I don't know, I can't think of any Keyboard settings, other than Languages.

I don't think your repair person was correct, try a brand new Mouse and Keyboard. Is this a laptop? Try an external KB/Mouse anyway.
Welcome to Windows 8 Forums!

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/31902-cursor-freezes-when-i-log-into-my-non-guest-account.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I am having a problem on my laptop with the cursor freezing and then the screen goes blank The screen goes blank goes screen randomly. and Cursor freezes black but you can see that the Cursor freezes and screen goes blank randomly. light is still on for the computer It isnt going in to sleep mode because i disabled it And when it goes blank nothing works i have to hard boot it It happens at random times It is a brand new day old Gateway NV u Vista bit SP ATI Radeon HD AMD Athlon x Dual Core QL- I just bought this computer day before yesterday and Cursor freezes and screen goes blank randomly. it was happening so i brought it back to best buy One of the geek squad guys said it could be an overheating issue so he swapped it out for this one But it started happening again I dont know if it is a hardware issue in these computers or if it is something i am doing And i doubt that two brand new laptops are having overheating issues but i could be wrong I dont know what to do Please help Thanks

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi Since my Cursor goes and freezes computer then down crazy, slows screen turns black instead of blue I don't know if this is the correct forum to post in The problem The mouse cursor normally a black outlined white arrow will with no warning turn weird-looking - and looks fuzzy or blurry larger than normal with different colors it can go from pointy to round sometimes disappears for awhile After that I have only a Cursor goes crazy, then computer slows down and freezes couple of minutes to shut down open programs before the computer slows down and freezes to the point where I can't click anything Sometimes I'll have left Cursor goes crazy, then computer slows down and freezes the computer running go off to do an errand and come back to see the two monitors have turned black Ctrl Alt Del does nothing The only way to shut down is to push and hold the start button until the computer goes off Other times when the cursor goes crazy I'm able to click Start and select restart but the computer will not restart It will start powering off then turn black I have to manually shut it off push the start button in Upon restarting the computer will start up normally after selecting the option to start normally and will run anywhere from a day to several days until the cursor goes crazy again I've run memtest and it reported no errors after passes I saw a thread in another forum that suggested changing the power management of the mouse may help with mouse problems so I have deselected quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot under the Device Manager gt Mice and other pointing devices The mouse is a Microsoft USB Wheel Mouse Optical I have no idea if the mouse is to blame or if the computer is having other problems NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti display adapter is up-to-date according to Windows In Device Manager for the mouse the General tab says quot This device is working properly quot and when checking for updates Windows says driver software is up-to-date I read posting instructions and got stuck on - configuring dump files Which dump file should I configure I went on to and ran SF Diagnostic Tool exe I couldn't see the SF - - folder on my desktop but found it here D Users User Desktop - Attached is the zip file Hoping someone can help detect what is wrong Thanks

A:Cursor goes crazy, then computer slows down and freezes

This is found in your event log, continuously, from the top to the bottom.

Quote:
Event[30591]:
Log Name: System
Source: Disk
Date: 2013-10-26T02:06:44.033
Event ID: 7
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: DEBBIE-PC
Description:
The device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR1, has a bad block.

The HDD is Western Digital WD Green WD10EARX 1TB. So test it using Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows.

Also, some failure from AVG's part is also noticed. And AVG Disk Driver (c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgdiska.sys) may fairly contribute to the issue. Better you uninstall AVG using Revo Uninstaller freeware.

Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one; for a safety need.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/316158-cursor-goes-crazy-then-computer-slows-down-freezes.html
Relevancy 47.73%

New laptop and noticing the cursor will freeze for a fraction of a sec then catch up and jump to where it needs to be randomly. Looks more like a graphics issues. I've noticed this running from the cpu integrated graphics and nvidia gfx external. Is this a driver issue? In linux I've noticed the screen flicker randomly. The touchpad also seems to not register my taps or clicks at random intervals.  I sometimes have to click a few times before it actually registers the click. http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/700-series/700-15-inch/Model: 80RU00CYUS

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-700-15-touchpad-jerky-cursor-freezes-screen-flickers-in/td-p/3347990
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey people I've been just browsing reddit and suddenly my computer froze for like - seconds along with the mouse Ever since then it started freezing randomly every few minutes and when I start a program load a webpage Te mouse pointer stopped changing when I highlight it over a link and also when I highlight text it becomes yellowish with the top being green This happened to me a freezes cursor Computer few distorted seconds, every while ago I've scanned my computer browsed for it but nothing so I just reformatted my PC and it disappeared I don't want to reformat it again Help Edit Also the mouse cursor sometimes disappears completely My game performance has also dropped by around Computer freezes every few seconds, distorted cursor fps Second edit Here's a video on how it looks like http www youtube com watch v NVhQ ature youtu Computer freezes every few seconds, distorted cursor be It doesn't happen so often Computer freezes every few seconds, distorted cursor when I'm not recording but this is how it looks like More info If it freezes when I'm watching a youtube video sound keeps playing but the video's stuck forever

A:Computer freezes every few seconds, distorted cursor

Seriously people? 21 hours and still no answer? I can see you responding to newer threads.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/306286-computer-freezes-every-few-seconds-distorted-cursor.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Everyday starting up the PC whether it is a Total fresh Startup or awakening from Sleep mode the mouse cursor freezes and PC locks up. All drivers are up to date.
Malwarebytes scans finds nothing.
Norton finds nothing.
Memory tests are good.
Hard drive is year old and tests good.
Drivers are ALL up to date.

After it locks up I unplug the PC and restart it and it works fine for rest of the day.
Win7 64 bit with ALL updates installed.

Thanks for any assistance.....

A:PC locks up Mouse Cursor freezes everyday!

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Use Clean boot,
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Click Start and type in the search box,
msconfig
Click on the suggestion on top or hit the Enter key,
Go to the Startup section and take some screen shots for a complete list,
Go to the Services section and on the bottom left Check the box to Hide All Microsoft services,
Repeat the screen shots,
See the links above my signature on how to take and upload screen shots here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/380301-pc-locks-up-mouse-cursor-freezes-everyday.html
Relevancy 47.73%

New laptop and noticing the cursor will freeze for a fraction of a sec then catch up and jump to where it needs to be randomly. Looks more like a graphics issues. I've noticed this running from the cpu integrated graphics and nvidia gfx external. Is this a driver issue? In linux I've noticed the screen flicker randomly. The touchpad also seems to not register my taps or clicks at random intervals.  I sometimes have to click a few times before it actually registers the click. http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/700-series/700-15-inch/Model: 80RU00CYUS

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-700-15-touchpad-jerky-cursor-freezes-screen-flickers-in/td-p/3348155
Relevancy 47.73%

Almost every time that I click on a text field (whether in Firefox, Chrome, or even while creating a Power Point), my cursor freezes and is unresponsive for about 30 seconds. During this time, the keyboard is responsive and I am at least able to use the Tab key to move to the next text box.

In my desperation to fix this issue I have tried a few different things:
-Registry clean-up tool
-SuperAntiSpyware
-Searched the Internet for similar problems, but did not find helpful results

I am currently utilizing Trend Micro Titanium for virus protection. Any thoughts on what the cause may be?

Thank you!

A:Cursor freezes when entering text fields

Hello AnalyticAda and welcome to the forums

Stay away from registry cleaners/optimisers, they tend to do more damage than good!

Try following these instructions to see if the problem lies with your startup programs:

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/296738-cursor-freezes-when-entering-text-fields.html
Relevancy 47.73%

world of warcraft trial is all but over now but my mouse freezes all the time, tried many things, update, uninstall reinstall, etc.

One curiosity is that there are several identical listings in the usb controllers list. One listing of logitech in human interface, and of course my laptop touch pad and again logitech in mouse and other pointing devices. Uninstalled, etc etc. not sure...detailed list as follows as seen in device manager...
human interface devices, logitech usb wheelmouse
mice and other pointing devices, logitech usb wheelmouse and synaptics ps/2 port touchpad.
universal serial bus controllers, standard enhanced PCI to USB host controller, standardHCB USB host controller, (listed 5 times)
and usb root hub, (listed 6 times)

Touch pad works just fine, but the mouse turns, hibernation is off, screensaver off, not sure...thx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cursor-freezes-in-world-of-warcraft-trial.794786/
Relevancy 47.73%

Some random things have been happening to my computer It has been freezing occasionally but just the task bar I can still move the cursor And one time it froze on the odd often, Computer but every other so still things freezes moves; cursor Windows XP splash screen when it was booting up Since I had already run SpinRite Computer freezes every so often, but cursor still moves; other odd things the maintenance function and it passed I decided to have SeaTools have a go at it It s a GB Seagate SATA RPM Sata drive It passed both the short and extended tests It has not frozen since I ran it but that s no biggy because I just ran it yesterday and it doesn t freeze that often Another weird thing that s been happening is when I double click on a pic that is on the desktop it takes a good sec to min for it to display When I open a pic from My Pictures folder which is on another partition of the same drive it opens fine Very weird I am running screens with this system What causes a computer to freeze What would cause it to take forever to open a pic nbsp

A:Computer freezes every so often, but cursor still moves; other odd things

Hi BBCMember!

Right click "my computer", select manage. Expand "event viewer" and click on applications. On the right, have a look at the recent "errors". Now open a picture or something that hangs your system. After it unfreezes, go back to eventviewer - click action>refresh. a new error should pop up, doubleclick it and copy paste the description here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-every-so-often-but-cursor-still-moves-other-odd-things.713029/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all, I just purchased the Razer naga 2012 from bestbuy, but having issues. For every 2-3 minutes, the cursor freezes and the after 5-10 seconds it is back to normal. I have installed the software Synapse 2.0 and it updated it self, And it seems the firmware is automatically updated, and we cant do it manually. Dono how to fix this please...

PC : M15X

thanks,
merin

A:Razer Naga 2012 cursor freezes

I have exactly the same issue. Brand new Naga 2012, the cursor freezes for 5-10 sec at random intervals.
I have an AMD Athlon II X4 620 CPU,4GB DDR2 RAM,MSI 785GT-E63 mobo,ATI 6850 graphics card.
My OS is Windows 7 64bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/razer-naga-2012-cursor-freezes.185402/
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm using Google Chrome and when loading theverge.com, my cursor consistently freezes for a few seconds before resuming normal movement later. What is causing such freezes?

A:Cursor freezes for a few seconds when loading certain websites.

Hello azurerush and welcome to Seven Forums.

I don't use Chrome so these are just some generalized suggestions for erratic/laggy cursor movement.

1. Try deleting your browsing history. Sometimes a problematic web pages is stored and that's the page that keeps getting reloaded.

Delete your browsing history - Google Chrome Help

2. Disable all add-ons and extensions. Re-enable one at a time and check cursor movement. See if cursor freezes with a specific add-on or extension.

3. Open Device Manager and check that mouse is working properly. If a laptop also check that synaptics touch pad is working properly.

Tip
You can open Device Manager by typing devmgmt.msc into Start Menu SEARCH BOX and press ENTER.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/267419-cursor-freezes-few-seconds-when-loading-certain-websites.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I haven t used Windows in a while and am trying to troubleshoot some issues for a friend She has problems with the cursor freezing when she tries to use Word I have done a registry scan tried uninstalling and reinstalling Word even tried installing an older version of Office thinking there might be a conflict or drain on the computer s resources due to the age Cursor freezes - Word using in Windows 2002 98 of the computer Not the answer The problems persists She can open documents but cannot edit them Sometimes she can create new documents but they don t always save Word froze when I tried to load it so I think Cursor freezes in Word 2002 - using Windows 98 there is a conflict within the software already on the computer or an issue Cursor freezes in Word 2002 - using Windows 98 with drivers I m smart enough to know that this may be the issue but do not know enough how to fix it She is running Norton Anti-virus and McAfee which I think is more anti-virus software than she needs She thinks they may got the McAfee when they stated using DSL but isn t sure but the problems stated when they got the DSL I think it was something in the bundle but how do I determine what it was and what is safe to disable and what is not SHe is reluctant to remove virus software which I understand Cursor freezes in Word 2002 - using Windows 98 She was having troubles with slow load-up of Windows I was able to disable all items but priority items on system startup but know that she still needs to be running anti-virus software So far it appears that no other programs are affected by this so this leads me to believe it is an issue with Word Any help would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cursor-freezes-in-word-2002-using-windows-98.510399/
Relevancy 47.73%

help me please! everytime i start the computer after 5mins. it lags and then the cursor moves but i couldn't click anything and the it disappears. Also when i open it in safe mode it works fine and then i run a scan with malwarebytes anti-malware it scans but after it shows the results and i press the remove selected button it lags and the mouse cursor eventually disappears and i couldn't do anything. PLEASE HELP

A:computer freezes and mouse cursor disappears

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/494158 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494158/computer-freezes-and-mouse-cursor-disappears/
Relevancy 47.73%

I upgraded my Windows Pro -bit to Windows Pro -bit using the DVD I burned from the ISO created from the MS official website I have been running Win on Flashing Win8 Boot Cursor on - Freezes a Intel based hardware Raid disk with no problems The install went fine and all worked well for several days until I used CCleaner v to remove some temp files and clean the registry I used the CCleaner default settings when Win8 Freezes on Boot - Flashing Cursor I ran the application Now when I boot the PC it starts the boot process but hangs with a black screen and a flashing white cursor in the upper left corner If I put in the Windows install disk in my DVD drive I am asked if I want to boot from it but I do not press any key eventually Windows boots from my Raid drive If I don t put in the Win install disk the Win8 Freezes on Boot - Flashing Cursor PC hangs I can also put in my Acronis boot disk and the PC will automaticly boot using the Raid drive if I do nothing But it will not boot from the Raid without one of those disks being present in the DVD drive I tried running Windows repair but that did not fix the problem I also ran a system restore but that did not fix the problem Would this have anything to do with the way Windows shuts down and restarts I understand that in the shutdown process Windows creates a temp file that is used to speed up the start up process Could CCleaner have delted that file there by creating this problem Help please any advice would be greatly appreciated

A:Win8 Freezes on Boot - Flashing Cursor

Problem solved, I called Microsoft Tech Support and spoke to Billie and he was able to fix the problem. It seems that Windows 8 did not like my bios settings relating to the boot process. I had the bios set to have the CD/DVD drive as the first device then the hard drive (Raid 5) as the next device. Billie had me change it so the first device was the hard drive (Raid 5) then the CD/DVD drive. Once we did that the system booted from the hard drive in a normal way.

Bottom line seems to be, at least on my PC with a Intel hardware Raid 5, Windows 8 cannot boot properly unless the bios is set to see the hard drive as the first device in the boot process. Strange, but I had been running Windows 7 Pro with the CD/DVD as the first device for over two years without a problem so I am guessing that this is a Windows 8 issue.

Hope this helps anyone else with this problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/11428-win8-freezes-boot-flashing-cursor.html
Relevancy 47.73%

From time to time my cursor freezes either in a rectangular box at the top of the screen, or in a flashing circle at the bottom.  Sometimes both.  Any ideas what is causing it?  I've wondered if it is accidentally hitting a particular combination of keys? I've inserted a couple of screenshots to show what I mean.  When it happens it is almost impossible to use the machine and I have to restart it.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V-15-cursor-freezes-in-rectangular-box-and-flashing/td-p/464760
Relevancy 47.3%

A little something before I begin, I have an old Acer laptop, Windows XP and the screen is all ******, so I use a monitor to view the screen.

And this afternoon I was using my laptop and all was fine until there was a short circuit, all the appliances in the house was shut down.

3 hours later when I turned on my laptop the screen started acting up. One particular problem is my cursor, it had black and white stripes, and I never heard this happened before. Next is my screen which freezes very frequently and then it goes black and goes back to normal. This is getting annoying and I have no idea what is wrong. I did a system restore to yesterday's date and to no avail, nothing was changed. Freezing screen, blinking screen and black and white cursor.

Please help? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Cursor black and white, screen freezes and then blinks. Help!

Seems that your GPU might be faulty because of the power outage.

Can you take a picture of your screen and post it here?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cursor-black-and-white-screen-freezes-and-then-blinks-help-607819.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My wife's Dell laptop, running Windows 7, freezes up for several minutes from time to time.  The USB ports won't read flash drives unless the computer is restarted (which only lasts for a few minutes), and the mouse cursor disappears from time to time for a few minutes.  Also unable to run Windows updates.  I need help determining if these issues are caused by a virus, or if there could be some other reason.

A:Windows 7 -- freezes, USB ports not working, cursor disappears

Hi Tigers85 My name is Aura and I'll be assisting you with your issue. Follow the instructions below please.MiniToolBoxDownload MiniToolBox and move the file to your Desktop;Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);Check the following options:Flush DNS;Report IE Proxy Settings;Reset IE Proxy Settings;Report FF Proxy Settings;Reset FF Proxy Settings;List content of Hosts;List IP Configuration;List Winsock Entries;List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;List Installed Programs;List Devices - Only Problems;List Users, Partitions and Memory size;Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603237/windows-7-freezes-usb-ports-not-working-cursor-disappears/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi Everyone This is my first post for help on this forum so please be gentle I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section of the forum Since the issue I'm having is roughly Freezes Cursor 7 Windows Mouse Moves [SOLVED] But equivalent to Windows itself hanging I thought it would be the best place Also I wasn't able to find a non-BSOD posting requirement list in a few minutes of searching [SOLVED] Windows 7 Freezes But Mouse Cursor Moves so if additional information is needed please let me know What is happening is that Windows freezes and I can't interact with anything on the screen I've tried the normal CTRL-ALT-DEL and CTRL-SHFT-ESC methods to try to bring up the task manager to see if my CPU is maxed or if my [SOLVED] Windows 7 Freezes But Mouse Cursor Moves RAM is totally taxed but neither work I am however able to move the mouse when this is happening but that's it The only thing that returns [SOLVED] Windows 7 Freezes But Mouse Cursor Moves my system to normal is a hard boot Over a week period it has only happened twice but my system has run completely stable for longer than a year so the freezing is new and disturbing for me Here is what I've tried sfc scannow no problems found chkdsk f r no problems found malwarebytes full system scan no problems found eset online system scan no problems found Seagate SEATools all tests no problems found yet - half way through the long generic test My setup unchanged since I built the computer Rosewill W PSU Model RP- -V -S-SL Asrock Z Gen Extreme mobo i k CPU gb ADATA memory x gb Seagate rpm HDD OS Apps x tb Seagate rpm HDD File storage EVGA Nvidia ti GPU Windows Home Premium -bit SP I'm quickly running out of ideas for what may be causing these freezes and could use some more experienced eyes on the problem I haven't tried a system restore yet but I was thinking I should post here before I make any changes to the system Thanks in advance for the help

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello all cursor Fast user mouse switch freezes Not sure if this belongs here or somewhere Fast user switch freezes mouse cursor else mods please move it if this isn t the appropriate place I m using Windows Xp Home Ed w Service Pack In the past I have succesfully used the Fast User Switch tool of Windows to quickly change between two accounts both are Admin accs However a grave and persistent problem occurred the instant I changed my old monitor to a new Acer V H After installing the new monitor whenever I use Fast User Switch to log onto my secondary account my mouse cursor freezes and doesn t move no matter what And even if I press the Windows key and navigate back to the primary account that way the Fast user switch freezes mouse cursor problem persists Only after resetting the comp does it disappear but for the time being I simply cannot use FUS I ve tried logging onto the secondary account first and it lets me do that and the mouse doesn t freeze However when I switch to my main acc from there the mouse freezes again I have my suspicions already with this monitor no ordinary Fast user switch freezes mouse cursor drivers were issued When I click on my Display Properties I see quot Plug amp Play Display quot what controls the resolution and the settings of this new monitor is a program called Acer eDisplay Management Which loads only on the account that is first activated you guessed correctly Now I ve found an actual driver for this particular monitor on the web in case the aforementioned display control program is indeed non-compatible with Fast User Switch However I don t know how to go about installing it There is a folder called quot V H t quot that contains the following files v h cat V H icm and V H inf in it And even if I could install this driver I don t know if it would help in my problem I m not really that tech-savvy which is why I m asking here So I m asking how do I install this driver and does it help if I do it If not what would help in this situation if anything Thanks in advance and afterwards also ofc Greizer

A:Fast user switch freezes mouse cursor

Are your graphics drivers up to date.

The site where you found the driver files for the monitor
should have given instructions for installation, IMO.

First, create a restore point, if you want to test your new drivers.

Right click on the .inf file - you should have an 'install' option
on the menu. Follow the instructions, if any.

Reboot, see if there's any change.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268703/fast-user-switch-freezes-mouse-cursor/
Relevancy 47.3%

I just installed my windows 8 few days ago after formatting my notebook, there's something bothering me so much, my windows 8 freezes and after few seconds my cursor is vanished, and my notebook is completely unresponsive, i can't use ctrl+alt+del, even when I pressed Caps Lock, the indicator didn't change. For the Information, I'm using ASUS K40IN, with Intel Dual Core Processor 2.2 GHz, 2GB RAM, and 512 MB VGA (nVidia),I don't really know what could be the cause, but its often happens when I'm using google chrome, or firefox when opening flash player content, I assume it has something to do with my wireless connection.

Sorry for bad english, I'm not fluently use english,
I will attach the SF diagnostic result

Please Help, I really like windows 8

A:Windows 8 Completely Freezes and mouse cursor vanished

Your English is just fine, thank you for posting in it!

Your BIOS dates from 2009. Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any BIOS updates available for your system. Also check the readme file to see if they apply to the problems that you are having. Please be advised that flashing the BIOS is a very unforgiving process - and one mistake can physically damage your motherboard.

Only 19 Windows Updates installed. Most systems have at least 30 or 40. Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

This device has problems:

Coprocessor PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0AA3&SUBSYS_1CF71043&REV_B1\3&267A616A&1&1D The drivers for this device are not installed.

You must install the latest, Win8 compatible chipset drivers for your sytem from the Asus support website.

Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Win7 systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although I have seen dtsoftbus01.sys blamed on several occasions). I strongly suspect that this hold true for Win8 systems also.

Please un-install the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): [S] DuplexSecure - FAQ [/S] Link broken as of 21 Jul 2012
New link (15 Aug 2012): DuplexSecure - Downloads (pick the appropriate version for your system and select "Un-install" when you run it).
Alternate link: Disc-Tools.com
Manual procedure here: Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help

Update these drivers:
ASMMAP ASMMAP Kernel 2/5/2007 2:52:50 AM
athr Atheros Extensible Wir Kernel 10/5/2009 11:31:48 PM
IntcAzAudAdd Service for Realtek HD Kernel 9/15/2009 6:03:37 PM
MTsensor ATK0100 ACPI UTILITY Kernel 12/14/2006 2:11:57 PM
WDC_SAM WD SCSI Pass Thru driv Kernel 4/16/2008 3:27:02 PM

I'm uncertain about the above drivers but can say this:
- update the Asus ATK drivers - the ATK0110; ATK0101; and the ATK0100. If unable to locate them, install the Asus AISuite - but only if it's a Win8 compatible version.
- update your wireless drivers
- update your Realtek HD Audio drivers
- remove the Western Digital software - it's a known problem with Windows 7/8 systems.

You have had a crash, but the dump file was not captured. Please:
- run a free hard drive diagnostic: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
- run CHKDSK /R /F like this:

CHKDSK /R /F:
Run CHKDSK /R /F from an elevated (Run as adminstrator) Command Prompt. Please do this for each hard drive on your system.
FWIW - I know that the /F is supposed to be redundant, but I prefer to have it run anyway.
When it tells you it can't do it right now - and asks you if you'd like to do it at the next reboot - answer Y (for Yes) and press Enter. Then reboot and let the test run. It may take a while for it to run, but keep an occasional eye on it to see if it generates any errors. See "CHKDSK LogFile" below in order to check the results of the test.

Elevated Command Prompt:
Go to Start and type in "cmd.exe" (without the quotes) - Use "Win" and "R" to get the run dialog in Win8
At the top of the Search Box, right click on Cmd.exe and select "Run as administrator"

CHKDSK LogFile:
Go to Start and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Expand the Windows logs heading, then select the Application log file entry.
Double click on the Source column header.
Scroll down the list until you find the Chkdsk entry (wininit for Win7/8) (winlogon for XP).
Copy/paste the results into your next post.

It seems that you have the nVidia System Management tool installed. It's not compatible with Win8 - please u... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/19528-windows-8-completely-freezes-mouse-cursor-vanished.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys I have an issue with a Toshiba A with Vista bit installed At random times it just freezes and the cursor still moves Here s what I ve found out so far I ran a memtest and the computer crashed completely It wouldn t turn back on for a while Given point above I decided it may be a heat problem and it only turned on after cooling down so I cleaned it out and replaced the thermal paste on the CPU The computer ran for a while fan but then had the same Freezes Solved: A305 Moves Toshiba - Cursor issue This time I ran memtest again for - hours with no errors I had tried a chkdsk that seemed to hang for over minutes Solved: Toshiba A305 Freezes - Cursor Moves on Stage - I took the hard drive out put it in an external hard drive bay and made an image of it as a backup During the image it froze for the longest time at Solved: Toshiba A305 Freezes - Cursor Moves about or something and then timed out and i just hit quot ignore quot so it skipped that sector I also backed up Solved: Toshiba A305 Freezes - Cursor Moves files and it was going at about Mb sec only seems pretty slow Now I d like your input on where to go from here I m about to use Seatools to do a hard drive scan even though it s a Toshiba drive Below is a screenshot of how the hard drive comes up in SeaTools I also noticed that the serial number does not show up in a fujitsu hard drive tool either My fear is that the problem is NOT the hard drive but the onboard video any way to rule that out Anything else I can try Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Just got a brand-new Precision Mobile Workstation about a week ago freezes, its own periodically 7510 on Precision touchpad cursor moves Out of the box and prior to installing any updates or new software the touchpad will randomly every minute or so stop responding to input and the cursor would very slowly inch itself usually creeping slightly up and to the right This would occur for anywhere from a few Precision 7510 touchpad periodically freezes, cursor moves on its own to or so seconds before the touchpad would start working again No change in the past week The pointer stick works as normal during the time the touchpad is not responding I have tried all of the suggestions I found recommended or could think of Reinstalling Windows from the factory image did this twice Reinstalling the driver I already had the latest one but I both reinstalled it and then deleted it and reinstalled a freshly-downloaded version from the most recent version provided on Dell com Disabling the pointer stick Disabling Precision 7510 touchpad periodically freezes, cursor moves on its own gestures Unplugging all peripherals including the AC adapter Rebooting in Safe Mode still occurs though perhaps the normal touchpad driver is still loaded in Safe Mode I was about to call Dell I have Pro Support thinking that it is a hardware problem but interestingly there is no sign of the problem in the mouse-enabled Dell GUI BIOS set-up screen I would assume that if it were a hardware issue it would still show up there FWIW the Dell touchpad icon in the system tray sometimes but not always displays touchpad input in the center of the touchpad when this occurs The cursor movement is nbsp very slight--at the rate of about a couple of millimeters each instance totaling about an inch of cursor travel over minutes I m watching it do it right now while I post this from my old machine Any suggestions for anything else to try before I call support and schedule a call for a touchpad palmrest replacement

A:Precision 7510 touchpad periodically freezes, cursor moves on its own

If you haven't done so I suggest uninstalling the touch pad driver altogether and then test.  Does the problem still occur regardless that the driver has been removed or does the cursor stay put all of a sudden?
If you notice the problem still even with the driver uninstalled I suggest a service.  If the course starts behaving after uninstalling the touch pad driver replacing the touch pad may not make much of a difference if any. 
I have sent out a friend request, If you are in the US I may be able to help process a service if needed.

TB

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982818
Relevancy 46.87%

This is what happens How the problem startedI had my computer on sleep mode after an hour I came back and switch it on After entering password on profile it freezes I switched shortly black cursor Vista with after freezes screen startup/ it off by holding the power button ProblemI started getting freezes after trying to login or clicking the profile I managed to get into safe mode I performed avg command line scan as well as sfc scannow Both did not help I then tried system restore did not help either I perfomed clean boot up with no startup program I managed to get it working past login However the computer will freeze after a min of login These are the red warning in the event viewer The previous system shutdown at PM on was unexpected DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service ShellHWDetection with arguments quot quot in order to Vista freezes shortly after startup/ black screen with cursor run the server DD ACC-F - A-A - Vista freezes shortly after startup/ black screen with cursor B B DC DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments quot quot in order to run the server BE F - - D -B - C FB AF The Computer Browser service depends on the Server service which failed to start because of the following error The dependency service or group failed to start The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Avgldx Avgmfx spldrWanarpv I apologize for the long story please help me

A:Vista freezes shortly after startup/ black screen with cursor

Sounds like you might need a new hard drive there mate. Go get the AVG rescue disk and scan for errors. if there is any AVG will bring it up. please jot down any errors you get. best 'a luck to ya

You can also do this by going to the boot menu and selecting the bottom choice. I forgot what It's called. After that choose system test and symptom tree. scroll down to hard drive errors and do a scan with that. Also jot down errors and tests passed and failed. GL bro

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457167/vista-freezes-shortly-after-startup-black-screen-with-cursor/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey Everyone I have a thread open in the BSOD App Crashes - But Malware Cursor Possible Moves Freezes Mouse [SOLVED] Windows 7 amp Hangs forum and they told me to post here due to some of the results that they saw Frankly I'm not sure what exactly they are looking at that makes them think this is malware but [SOLVED] Possible Malware - Windows 7 Freezes But Mouse Cursor Moves that is where I need your help For reference here is the thread http www techsupportforum com foru ml post I've attached DDS and the [SOLVED] Possible Malware - Windows 7 Freezes But Mouse Cursor Moves zip file requested in the pre-posting instructions Please let me know if there is anything else I can do DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Pete at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Logitech SolarApp L Solar exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Remote Desktop remoting host exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Remote Desktop remoting host exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Windows system UI Detect exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Logitech SetPointP SetPoint exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO Logitech SetPoint AF - - - EC-D C - C Program Files Logitech SetPointP -bit SetPointSmooth dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll mRun Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot mRun APSDaemon quot C Program Files x Comm... Read more

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

I replaced my old HD with a new SSD and installed Win7sp1. Now I sometimes get BSOD flashes followed by a restart.

The most serious problem though is that the system frequently locks up. Nothing functions except the cursor. Happens very randomly.

I'd rather not go through the whole ordeal of reinstalling windows as it took a Microsoft tech remoting in to put through the windows authentication. Please help.

Thanks,

Courtenay

A:Fresh Win7 Install on new ssd, screen freezes cursor still moves

Hi. ..

There are no BSOD dumps in the attached zip file.

Check your SSD manufacture's support site for firmware upgrade.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/fresh-win7-install-on-new-ssd-screen-freezes-cursor-still-moves-1023090.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi For some weeks now I've been experiencing random freezes for about a couple of seconds in a rate around or per minute It doesn't always happen and usually it occurs after being working with the computer for some time not just after restarting I've been monitoring the task manager even using Process Explorer the disk usage the Windows event manager and I have no clue what can be causing this No new hardware was installed and when this happens I try to close all non system applications and it cursor Random temporary strange freezes and performance mouse still behaves the same way I also ran several antivirus applications and nothing was found I only have a couple of probably misleading clues The first one is about the mouse When this problem starts to happen the mouse cursor doesn't behave properly When it is the text cursor instead of being just black is kind of red Random temporary freezes and strange mouse cursor performance hard to explain and when I move it around it takes a while until it changes to the proper cursor depending on what I'm pointing The second clue is the computer fan as it starts spinning faster when the system is frozen and goes back to normal when the system is again responsive I know is a vague question but I'm afraid I don't know what else to check Thanks in advance

A:Random temporary freezes and strange mouse cursor performance

Your PC may be overheating (e.g. CPU).
You should install a utility that can show you the temperature of your PC hardware (i.e. CPU, GPU and HDD/SSD).

You could try a program like Speccy.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download

If it is overheating, you may be able to fix the problem by cleaning out any dust/fluff that has accumulated in the vents or on the components.

Have a look at this article:
http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Your-Co...sical_Cleaning

Remember to unplug your PC from the Mains and to take antistatic precautions, BEFORE opening your PC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/311011-random-temporary-freezes-strange-mouse-cursor-performance.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have dell mini inspiron 9
and its os is on external hard drive I want to delete the os from the drive to make it as a storage and install new os for netbook..
windows xp sp3. , the os I want to install..

A:Netbook's os from external hard drive how to remove to replace new os directly to netbook

When you're booting from the new disk, just delete every hard drive partition.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netbooks-os-from-external-hard-drive-how-to-remove-to-replace-new-os-directly-to-netbook.198631/
Relevancy 46.01%

Besides the fact that my computer is running very slow it is also making tones like new hardware has been found or like I have plugged something into a usb port and removed it. It does this quite frequently, the mouse cursor also freezes up quite often but I am usually still able to use the keyboard. It seems to be getting worse or happening more freqently now and I am having to reboot my computer from the windows task manager screen.
I have run several free programs to detect problems and it appears I have many on my computer, mostly errors I think. Anyway I have looked at an old thread here and it seems many things that have happened to someone else that has posted have happened to me and they have been helped by cybertec.

Hopefully someone can help with this problem.

Thank You! in advance!!!

Relevancy 46.01%

Tecra 8200 with Win XP professional

The cursor randomly freezes and jumps back to life after a few seconds, very occasionally I have to re-boot.
This happens both with the keyboard mouse or a remote mouse.

Hope some one can help as it's driving me mad.

Cheers
Matt

A:Cursor randomly freezes and jumps back to life on Tecra 8200 with Win XP

It could be caused by anything.

However I had this problem on my previous laptop, it was the wireless card causing it.

Try disabling it in Device Manager and see how that goes.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?37378-Cursor-randomly-freezes-and-jumps-back-to-life-on-Tecra-8200-with-Win-XP
Relevancy 46.01%

I saw another post on this forum that seems to reflect Arrow computer tones cursor found hardware up, making new of freezes the same problem that I m having but nobody ever replied to his her post I titled this post the same way they did since I couldnt reply to thiers http forums techguy org malware-r -arrow-cursor-freezes-up-computer html My computer will be working just fine but all of a sudden it will make a noise to signify that an external component has been disconnected through the usb port like a printer or my skype phone but the problem is that IM NOT disconnecting anything when I hear this noise I can walk away from my computer and be doing the dishes for like minutes and all of a sudden I can hear my Arrow cursor freezes up, computer making tones of new hardware found computer making the noise very odd This has been happening for the past few weeks Nothing else wrong just the noise I guess I should be glad that my system is not freezing up like the other persons post says but still I would like to Arrow cursor freezes up, computer making tones of new hardware found know what is causing this What could be causing it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/arrow-cursor-freezes-up-computer-making-tones-of-new-hardware-found.677077/
Relevancy 46.01%

Periodically lately it's at least daily my mouse cursor freezes and the computer becomes unresponsive requiring cold boot This sometimes happens even before I log on if I boot up and don't log on then come back later the mouse may be frozen It also happens while in idle and screen saver is running I was running in Safe Mode w Networking today and it also happened The mouse I was using was a MS Wireless Mouse That one would just freeze I accidentally destroyed it and am now using a MS Wireless ARC mouse instead The only difference I notice is that the ARC mouse will occasionally pause the cursor in a spot for a second or two and then continue However it also will eventually freeze and lock system Not sure how to and locks for (ongoing system months) Mouse freezes daily cursor identify where the problem is Please advise or instruct and I will get more info perform tests etc I've updated Mouse cursor freezes and locks system daily (ongoing for months) the NVIDIA driver recently to the latest one Thanks

A:Mouse cursor freezes and locks system daily (ongoing for months)

Quote: Originally Posted by davidtu

Periodically, lately it's at least daily, my mouse cursor freezes and the computer becomes unresponsive requiring cold boot. This sometimes happens even before I log on if I boot up and don't log on then come back later, the mouse may be frozen. It also happens while in idle and screen saver is running. I was running in Safe Mode w/ Networking today and it also happened.

The mouse I was using was a MS Wireless Mouse 5000. That one would just freeze. I accidentally destroyed it and am now using a MS Wireless ARC mouse instead. The only difference I notice is that the ARC mouse will occasionally pause the cursor in a spot for a second or two and then continue. However, it also will eventually freeze and lock system.

Not sure how to identify where the problem is. Please advise or instruct and I will get more info, perform tests, etc.

I've updated the NVIDIA driver recently to the latest one.

Thanks!

There are several ways to find what the problem is. The best is to go into event viewer (type eventvwr in search). Go to the windows log>application tab.

You want to look for critical errors (they have red in the left column ).

When you find them you want to look for critical errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem.

When you find them please note the event ID, and the source codes and tell us what they are.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/187227-mouse-cursor-freezes-locks-system-daily-ongoing-months.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello all and thanks in advance I ve burned up over hrs trying to solve this puzzle and scanning through the forums I haven t found a similar situation w a solution which is why I m posting ISP Verizon DSL Westell modem Netgear RangeMax router Setup works perfectly bridged modem Router assigns IP addresses no worries st machine IMac GHz Intel Core OS updated Connects perfectly via ethernet and wirelessly WPA Personal authenticat Also works using WPA- WEP NOT good asks for passphrase key I enter it as it is set up in the router control panel it attempts to authenticate then error reads quot Connection Timeout quot nd machine Old IMac PPC G GHz OS Connects via ethernet through both modem directly and via the router WEP NOT good error reads something like quot failed to connect Try Again quot I don t plan on using WEP so I haven t looked at that setup in a CAN'T Ethernet netbook 2 Macs, or PC old wirelessly connects Mac! netbook; connect while I ve been Ethernet connects 2 Macs, PC netbook; CAN'T connect wirelessly netbook or old Mac! trying to set up the network as WPA I understand there s some sort of incompatibility issue with the older Ethernet connects 2 Macs, PC netbook; CAN'T connect wirelessly netbook or old Mac! Macs and WEP But WPA NOT good similar error to above not a timeout My router s broadcast is detected but this machine cannot connect to it regardless of the authentication Does NOT work via any WPA or nor WEP Basically it doesn t connect wirelessly It will only connect if there is NO router authentication rd machine Netbook Samsung NC - GB Wireless b g Win XP Connects via ethernet same as others NOT good wirelessly It detects network router broadcast but does not connect to network When I try connecting the small window pops up saying it is attempting to connect Eventually the window disappears there is no connection there is no error notice nothing For the PC I ve attempted everything I ve found online re resetting WinSock IP etc via command line prompt I ve reset the router which works fine with the st Mac I ve reset the modem the software is updated the router firmware is updated everything is updated Ideally I d like to get all machines accessing the network wirelessly I don t understand why the old IMac cannot access via WPA and I especially don t understand why the new netbook can t connect Any advice is truly appreciated See command line info below From Intel IMac lo flags lt UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MULTICAST gt mtu inet fe lo prefixlen scopeid x inet netmask xff inet prefixlen gif flags lt POINTOPOINT MULTICAST gt mtu stf flags lt gt mtu en flags lt UP BROADCAST SMART SIMPLEX MULTICAST gt mtu ether c b c media autoselect lt unknown type gt status inactive supported media autoselect en flags lt UP BROADCAST SMART RUNNING SIMPLEX MULTICAST gt mtu inet fe b ff fe d fabc en prefixlen scopeid x inet netmask xffffff broadcast ether b d fa bc media autoselect baseT lt full-duplex flow-control gt status active supported media autoselect baseT UTP lt half-duplex gt baseT UTP lt full-duplex gt baseT UTP lt full-duplex hw-loopback gt baseT UTP lt full-duplex flow-control gt baseTX lt half-duplex gt baseTX lt full-duplex gt baseTX lt full-duplex hw-loopback gt baseTX lt full-duplex flow-control gt baseT lt full-duplex gt baseT lt full-duplex hw-loopback gt baseT lt full-duplex flow-control gt none fw flags lt BROADCAST SIMPLEX MULTICAST gt mtu lladdr c b ff fe d e media autoselect lt full-duplex gt status inactive supported media autoselect lt full-duplex gt en flags lt UP BROADCAST SMART RUNNING PROMISC SIMPLEX MULTICAST gt mtu inet fe c ff fe en prefixlen scopeid x ether c media autoselect status active supported media autoselect en flags lt UP BROADCAST SMART RUNNING PROMISC SIMPLEX MULTICAST gt mtu inet fe c ff fe en prefixlen scopeid x ether c media autoselect status active supported media autoselect nbsp

A:Ethernet connects 2 Macs, PC netbook; CAN'T connect wirelessly netbook or old Mac!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-connects-2-macs-pc-netbook-cant-connect-wirelessly-netbook-or-old-mac.864028/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello, as topic, Ihave some problems with my PC...:
-usually svchost take 99% of memory
-cant enable Windows FireWall <wtf>
-cant del some *.pdf files from disc (i download this files from my university, strange...) (ok, after restart comp this files was deleted)
-some times mouse cursor have freezes, its take around 2-5s
-in all system is slow... 

I use tips form here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/87058/slow-computerbrowser-check-here-first;-it-may-not-be-malware/
and no efect :/ (maybe little bit faster bot no shock effect)

I add logs from FARBAR and HiJackThis. Thanks for help, I dont want to reinstall my system

A:svchost takes huge part of memory; cant delete some *.pdf; cursor freezes; lags

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===ATTENTION: System Restore is disabledTurn System Restore on - Windows Helphttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/turn-system-restore-on-off#1TC=windows-7===Open notepad (Start =>All Programs => Accessories => Notepad). Please copy the entire contents of the code box below.

start

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Users\Saxer\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\VSSVC.exe
R2 VSSS; C:\Users\Saxer\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\VSSVC.exe [102467904 2015-06-23] (Microsoft Corporation) [File not signed] <==== ATTENTION
S3 Synth3dVsc; System32\drivers\synth3dvsc.sys [X]
S3 tsusbhub; system32\drivers\tsusbhub.sys [X]
S3 VGPU; System32\drivers\rdvgkmd.sys [X]
C:\Users\Saxer\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\VSSVC.exe

End
Save the files as fixlist.txt in the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.The location is listed in the 3rd line of the Farbar log you have submitted.Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.How is the computer running now?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582289/svchost-takes-huge-part-of-memory;-cant-delete-some-pdf;-cursor-freezes;-lags/
Relevancy 45.58%

Is there a type of in surance that I can buy?

A:Whahe netbook has Squaretrade t if my netbook gets stolen on vacation?

You might wanna asked the people you brought it from.

It would be best to not let people know you have it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/248952-whahe-netbook-has-squaretrade-t-if-my-netbook-gets-stolen-vacation.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a regular Medion laptop where the HD (40 GB) is in 3 partitions, C,D,and E the D and E for backup and recovery and see that the Medion Netbook (160GB HD) has 2 partions C and D for the same purposes. With these laptops come discs -Operating System Installation CD and Application & Support Disc.

Now the Acer Netbook (120GB HD) has just the C drive with no support CDs of any kind so what is the difference in design of the two? Why should Medion computers have all this itty bitty extra stuff and the Acer ( and probably many others) apparently needing none of it? Do the different systems point to weaknesses or strengths in their designs?

I'm rather perplexed - can anyone enlighten me please?

A:Acer Netbook and Medion 97160 Netbook differences

Recovery/restore disks/partitions...are not uniform in the way that they operate. Different manufacturers have different preferences.

Some computer system manufacturers use a recovery/restore mechanism that involves small, additional partitions...some don't.

The respective owner's manual and manufacturer's website should contain exact details of how these mechanisms work.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/185828/acer-netbook-and-medion-97160-netbook-differences/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, everyone. I am abt to get either a laptop or a netbook as a grad gift. The netbook seems the best - this young lady will be doing net surfing, playing music, some word processing, but no gaming, not much more: no protein folding or anything.

We totally have our home computer for any video editing, powerpoint, etc. she might need to do. If she needs a lot of computer for college, I can slap together a desktop for a few hundred.

So, if I go netbook versus laptop, what will I lose? 1. A cd/dvd plater. I figured that out - can I use the netbook USB port to run and external DVD player, or is there not even drivers and such for this?

Besides no DVD player, what else would we not-have, versus laptop?

A:What does a netbook lack? Graduation gift: netbook or laptop

It will have smaller screen to start with, lot less computing power, poorer graphics, less storage to name few. Although, keeping in view the usage I think a netbook seems very reasonable, as there is no gaming or any intensive computing tasks are involved.

You can run a DVD drive via USB of a netbook.

You may have a look at Asus 1005E, i think its a decent solution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-does-a-netbook-lack-graduation-gift-netbook-or-laptop.142472/
Relevancy 41.28%

My mouse cursor will randomly freeze or disappear, yet it remains active. I can still use it by feel. If I turn mouse trails on a duplicate mouse shows up that works and the frozen one remains, although its not completely frozen as it will still change into other cursors ie the hourglass. Eventually mouse trails turn off all on its own and im left with no cursor again. I've updated drivers and checked all the settings and am left with no solution. Any help would be very appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-freezes-but-mouse-still-works.406573/
Relevancy 39.99%

Cursor is smooth and fast at startup and in safe mode sound works fine startup noise but when everything loads and Windows is actually usable it s like the PC works great until hardware audio, + noise found when cursor cursor, 100% startup Choppy cpu at moving you move the cursor Cursor is choppy and affects sounds I can watch video and listen to music perfectly until I move the cursor I made a video of this www youtube com watch amp v JwfH qgChI Things I ve tried uninstalling reinstalling repairing etc mouse drivers video card drivers network adapter drivers thought the problem was related to network activity because of startup safe mode behaviour being normal catalyst control centre etc Gigabyte G M-ESL new Pentium D GHz GB ram x GB ddr tested with Memtest Radeon HD GB Atheros AR Ethernet XP Pro SP Mouse is a wired Logitech MX uses Setpoint software All Choppy cursor + audio, 100% cpu when moving cursor, hardware found noise at startup the specs I Choppy cursor + audio, 100% cpu when moving cursor, hardware found noise at startup can think of let me know if you think any other info would help In task manager performance tab cpu goes to usage when the cursor is moved around New build no viruses scanned for good measure with Avast then uninstalled Avast to see if it helped Malwarebytes Spybot Microsoft Security etc I don t see how infection could even be a problem at this point Anyone recognise Choppy cursor + audio, 100% cpu when moving cursor, hardware found noise at startup this problem or have any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Choppy cursor + audio, 100% cpu when moving cursor, hardware found noise at startup

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-cursor-audio-100-cpu-when-moving-cursor-hardware-found-noise-at-startup.1031590/
Relevancy 39.99%

Is there a USB lead or a lead of some sort that I can link from Netbook to Netbook if what sort? I want to link two Netbooks together and to transfer things from one Netbook to the other Netbook?

A:Netbook to Netbook lead

Have a look at this: Connecting two computers with a USB cable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368866-netbook-netbook-lead.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi Everyone- when Asus 1015, typing moves Cursor when cursor jumping Eee typing on a new Asus EEE with Win the Cursor jumping Asus Eee 1015, cursor moves when typing cursor will suddenly jump backwards to an earlier spot in the text This happens a lot and makes it difficult to type anything I googled and saw this problem for many systems and OSs but it seems like mainly a laptop and netbook problem some people have erduced sensitivity on touchpads or have updated touchpad drivers or have Cursor jumping Asus Eee 1015, cursor moves when typing installed a program that disconnects the touchpad when the keys are being used We know we are not touching the touchpad accidentally you can really perch your fingers way above and the jump still happens We have decreased the sensitivity on the touchpad and the jumping still happens We also have an Asus EEE Win XP for almost a year with absolutely no cursor jumping Any info specific to this set-up I would love to hear any insights before I go into a long routine of upgraing BIOS upgrading touchpad drives etc nbsp

A:Cursor jumping Asus Eee 1015, cursor moves when typing

As the PC is new I would return it under warranty as this is most likely a hardware issue.

The only quick fix that might work is to reinstall the touchpad drivers from the Asus site. You could also check in the touchpad settings to see what is set for making the cursor disappear during typing, change the setting from whatever it is at present and see if that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cursor-jumping-asus-eee-1015-cursor-moves-when-typing.161698/
Relevancy 39.99%

Maybe this sounds weird, but I like the classic cursors and I want the cursor to stay the same whether it's showing a background or busy activity.

I tried to capture the cursor and edit it with AWicons, but when I set it, the entire cursor just dissapears when I launch an app for example. But when the white cursor is smaller than the normal, it's fine.

A:Apply classic arrow cursor to background and busy cursor?

You can just download standard classic cursor from XP and apply it to every cursor type by clicking on each type and selecting that file with Browse button.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/164182-apply-classic-arrow-cursor-background-busy-cursor.html
Relevancy 39.56%

1. Optical USB mouse won't move the cursor.
2. Mouse buttons function properly
3. Bought a new similar mouse, same problem, ruling out damaged mouse likelihood.

4. Have tried multiple USB slots. Have tried rebooting. Have tried uninstalling the driver and rebooting.
5. Saw somewhere to remove battery but I'm in a hotel and have no screwdriver to do so.

Really need to fix this as my shoulder is becoming inflamed reaching to the mousepad. Help?

Toshiba Satellite M50, Win7.

A:Laptop Mouse Cursor Won't Move, MousePAD cursor does

Have mercy, all. I know this isn't a mouse hardware issue...must be something solvable. Any help?
Gratefully,
Cham

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/398502-laptop-mouse-cursor-wont-move-mousepad-cursor-does.html