Windows Support Forum

Wireless network not working

Q: Wireless network not working

My wireless is not working on my computer, just a couple months ago I reset my computer using the ISO file, now my computer will only connect to the Ethernet cable. The wireless switch is on. I see a button near the VAIO button that shows a computer with signals coming off of it, I've tried pressing it but it doesn't do anything. Computer specs: VAIO Song Laptop with 6 GB Ram and 1 TB HDD.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wireless network not working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Wireless network not working

Sounds like when you reset your computer the proper wireless drivers were not re-installed. I would start looking for a solution for this. What Operating System does it have (Windows 7 / Windows 8.1/ etc.)? Have you tried to remove the Wireless drivers and re-install those? How about downloading and installing updated drivers from the VAIO website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-not-working.206511/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello!

I've got Vista Home Premium on my Dell Inspiron 1520.

Every now and then I get this strange message after turning my laptop on:

HTML Code:
Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller has stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bcmwltry.exe
Application Version: 4.102.15.61
Application Timestamp: 45f8a9d0
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6
Exception Code: c015000f
Exception Offset: 000761b7
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1060
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=...
The odd thing is that my internet is still working well.
What do you think is wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards

A:Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller has stopped working

follow the instructions on this Dell support page:

bcmwltry.exe error, pls help - DELL COMMUNITY

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/214091-dell-wireless-wlan-card-wireless-network-controller-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello TSG Forums I Network Adapter Not Working! Missing Icon; Wireless Wireless ve got quite the challenge for you guys Missing Wireless Network Icon; Wireless Adapter Not Working! I ve gone through two different tech support lines three computer savvy friends and every troubleshooting trick and tip I could scour off of the internet All efforts have been in vain thus far Missing Wireless Network Icon; Wireless Adapter Not Working! So as to not make this post too long I ll get to the point I recently bought a new wireless adapter to connect to the internet with Previously I was using an older adapter that my room mate was lending me a Motorola Wireless USB Adapter WU G to be exact At first when I installed the motorola it didn t work I can t remember what I did to make it work for the life of me but I eventually twisted my computer s arm enough that it gave in Now it s uninstalled from my computer along with I hope all the drivers and programs that were using it So I bought a new adapter Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO USB Network Adapter - F D read the instructions carefully and made sure that it was installed just as the manual says Install the software wait for the prompt etc etc Everything seemed to be going smoothly until I tried to configure my connections Where the wireless detects all the access points and you put in your WEP key etc The wireless adapter seemed to be doing nothing The device manager showed the adapter with no problems and no errors but the program was stubbornly pretending that my wireless adapter didn t exist After trying multiple USB ports uninstalling reinstalling with no progress I concluded to myself that the adapter must be defective The LED light came on now and then but it was slow and very seldom I assumed that it was only recognizing that it had power So after ensuring that the previous adapter was completely uninstalled I take it back to my retailer and trade it off for a new model of a similar price D-Link DWA USB n Adapter - DWA This one upon installing at least seemed more active The LED light would blink now and then as if it were pinging for a signal of some sort So I install it again making sure that I m following the instructions to the letter When the installation finishes and it goes directly into the connection configuration it gives me an error And I quote quot Wireless Adapter not found Please insert the adapter now quot Again windows recognizes the device no errors no visible problems Also when I open Network Connections there is only my LAN line listed I have no wireless network icon and I can t seem to get it to appear So after several hours of tech support and no progress I turn to my friends who are equally baffled The last hours have been mostly dedicated to scouring the internet for clues to the problem So far I ve gone through a whole bunch of dead ends and a list or two of troubleshooting ideas Nothing so far has helped Here are the things I ve tried so far Everything described on this list unless it pertained to dial up networking Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and software several times Installing the driver without the software Installing with Wireless Zero Configuration stopped in services msc I m running a Sony VAIO with Windows XP Media Center Edition If you need to know anything else about my setup just ask Please assist if you can I m running out of options Elliot nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

My google searches are being redirect to various sites and i receive a error message saying "dell wireless wlan card has stopped working" but im still using my wireless internet just fine. They both started acting up after an ill advised download from a bit torrent site. I scanned my computer with malwarebytes and it found some infections but did not do anything for me, then i scanned with avg anti-virus and it found nothing. (malwarebytes and avg anti-virus are the only anti virus software i have and are both fully updated)

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 1501 with Windows Vista Basic
AMD Athlon 64 x2

Whenever im redirected i get 1 of 2 images in the address bar (see attachment)

A:Google redirects + Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller stopped working and was closed

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Please download OTL from following mirror:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283792/google-redirects-dell-wireless-wlan-card-wireless-network-controller-stopped-working-and-was-closed/
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm experiencing a problem with my wireless network. Nothing seems to be able to connect to my wireless network. It seems to have occurred after I installed a new copy of windows 7 onto my sister's desktop. A message appeared saying we have the same ip address. I believe that is the problem. I've tried renewing our ip address on both desktop but it won't give us new ip address for some reason. pls help

A:Solved: Wireless network not Working but wired working (same ip address conflict?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-not-working-but-wired-working-same-ip-address-conflict.1090204/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi. We have 3 computers connected to our router via cable and the network works just fine. Recently 2 friends of ours have joined our network with their laptops via wireless and it still worked fine. However, when another friend stopped by and wanted to connect (again via wireless) as soon as she connected to the router the whole network stopped working for everybody. I tried to give her a static IP so there wouldn't be a conflict anywhere but that didn't help. If I connected her through the cable, then everything was fine. But as soon as she tried wireless, the whole network stopped working again. None of the other computers cause this problem, just hers. Whenever she tries to connect, the network always stops working for everybody.
All the systems are win 7. the router is : cisco RangePlus Wireless Router, WRT110

A:network stops working when a laptop joins the network via wireless

Make sure she has the latest and correct wireless driver (from the laptop manufacturer's site if the adapter is integrated).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-stops-working-when-a-laptop-joins-the-network-via-wireless.1086673/
Relevancy 55.47%

Ok Here is the whole story When i got home my internet was fine Then the computer with my wireless network crashed It was windows xp I tried to install my WAP G linksys router to my laptop is today and not network My was it working wireless working but then it erased the wireless network my computer is Windows xp and my installation disk for My wireless network is not working and it was working today the router is version when it was searching for for the wireless g access point it said it could not My wireless network is not working and it was working today be found everything is connected i have a My wireless network is not working and it was working today webstar box made by scientific atlanta that i connect my router to the webstar is property of Time warner cable my Digital cable Internet and phone service i dont know if that made a difference on my laptop it says that im connected but i cant explore the internet this is what it says Wireless network connection linksys Speed Mbs Signal strength Excellent Status connected The webpage cant be displayed This is my first post on this forum because nobody else could help me Thanks for helping Alec nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

ok have read one before i post mine to see if that one could have helped me and i just got lost. if someone can plz help me the one i saw was ( http://forums.techguy.org/networking/890033-my-wireless-network-not-working.html )

A:My wireless network is not working and it was working today

Let's not try to diagnose from someone else's issue, how about telling us about your environment?

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

Have you tried to do a system restore to before the problem occurred?
If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
For wireless connection issues, have you removed all the stored wireless network profiles and then searched for the network?
For wireless laptops, have you made SURE the wireless switch is on?
For wired connection issues, have you booted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes the symptoms?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wireless-network-is-not-working-and-it-was-working-today.919470/
Relevancy 53.32%

Okay, so the other day I downloaded a file on my laptop (overnight). the following morning, the router network does not show up on two of my laptops, my phone or my ipod... my two computers which are connected directly to the router works however, it is a DLINK router and this has never happened before. I am guessing it was due to the file i downloaded. i am not the best with computers but can someone please help me?

A:WIRELESS NETWORK not working

power down your router for about 5mins and then power it back up. If you don't see the wireless connection after that, then your router is not sending out the signal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-not-working.995151/
Relevancy 53.32%

we have bought Sony VAIO laptop model VPCSB18GG and using WINDOWS 7 PRO 64 bit. I am facing an issue. When i go home i will hibernate my computer. Next day morning when i switch on my computer from hibernate my network LAN connection and Wireless adapter will not work. Then i have to restart my computer again then LAN and Wireless will work. This i am facing only in this model. Please any one can give solutions for the same issue. What went wrong my hardware drivers or some thing else.

A:Network lan and wireless is not working

See if this gets your laptop reconnected.

Open Control Panel/Device Manager, click the arrow next to Network Adapters, double click the wired network card(not the WiFi card), click the Driver tab, click Disable, click OK, go back to the Driver tab, click Enable, and click OK.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/169080-network-lan-wireless-not-working.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Briefly my neighbor s computer refuses to access his wireless router He comes over and asks me for some help So I go over there And do a quick survey of the situation And discover that he isn t running ANY anti-virus or anti-spyware NONE NADA So I grab my thumbdrive Install Spyware Blaster Adaware Spybot and Avast Install them in that order and run each after install Granted without any means to update them I could only use them with the defs Network Working Not Wireless that they came with I clean out the computer of a lot of spyware malware and viruses The list was varied I try the wireless card again ipconfig renew leads to nothing ipconfig all shows that it s assigning its own ip I check Wireless Network Not Working the properties on the card and it says that it has limited connectivity So I disable the card and plug into the router He doesn t have Firefox so I bust out Explorer And it will load the first page default and nothing past that I can at this point update all of the aforementioned software Wireless Network Not Working And re-run it all and it finds more stuff At this point I discover that his firewall is down Wireless Network Not Working Not only down but the control panel will not let me enable it Weird I also notice that Explorer tries going to a x x x address prior to going to his home page at Comcast I write the address down Restart in Safe Mode and run Microsoft s Malicious Software tool Along with the aforementioned software s And find yet more stuff Restart again And now his wired connection works great No problems However his wireless doesn t work I re-enabled the card Made sure that I typed his WEP password in correctly But it never receives an address from his wireless router And even when I manually assign one he is only able to access the initial page on the internet Any thoughts I do have a hijackthis log that I can post Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I have a hpdv6-6c 10us laptop with Windows 7 home premium 64 bit I took it to my parents house and found out I could not connect to wifi in the wifi icon show me a list of available networks including my parents wifi but when clicking to connect or connect automatically does not do anything does not ask for anything (the key or anything) click on manage wireless networks click on add and does not do anything so I can not connect to my parents wifi someone that could help please.
I used a usb adapter I carry with me and connects but only by using the adapter utiliy does the samething if a try it with windows so I know both adaptesr work and it is a windows issue
Hope someone could help me fix it.
thanks

A:add wireless network not working

Hi FAUSTOCG, Welcome to Seven Forums
Does your laptop only connect wirelessly with your USB adapter or do you have a built in Wi-Fi?
What is the brand/model of the USB Wi-Fi adapter?

Do you know what type of security your parents Wi-Fi is? Some examples could be (WPA, WPA2, WEP, 802.1x)
You can check this by clicking on the Network icon, right click on the Wi-Fi network then select properties. Then click on the security tab.

In manage wireless networks, is your parents Wi-Fi name listed? If it is remove it. Then try to connect to it again.

Does the same thing happen to your own network? Or do you have a Ethernet connection instead?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/329637-add-wireless-network-not-working.html
Relevancy 53.32%

i have ran into a problem with my segmented network the network I m having problems with has two router connected before connecting the other router i attempted to setup NAT on the primary router and connect my AP to that address the problem I m running into is that the AP is assigning ip s of the router whether than the dhcp ip s i setup on the AP then i connected another router using the ip address of the AP making that router the gateway but when i connect a wireless device it pickup the ip address of the main router example main router is AP is with the gateway of the AP on the second router now it wont connect to the internet and sometime pickup the address of the main router any ideas or should i blow it up and start all over again P s when i get a connection to the internet tables computer laptop will connect but phones will not nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-not-working.1067715/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I have a Toshiba Notebook with a DLink DWL-G630 AirPlus card
It works fine in that it has been configured @ 192.168.2.63 manually not set up as DHCP
It sends packets but does not receive them!

If I connect via the LAN option it logs on to the Internet via a Broadband Router but will not show up other PC's in the same workgroup.

There is one other Wireless PC on the network as well as some wired ones.

This Wireless PC will access the internet but again will not share the workgroup.

I am using Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Baffled

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I have a Acer Travel mate 4150 laptop computer and I can't get the network to work, I have tried to download drivers from acer.co.uk support service. If anyone can help me I would be very happy.

A:Wireless network not working

Quote: Originally Posted by kallib85

Hello I have a Acer Travel mate 4150 laptop computer and I can't get the network to work, I have tried to download drivers from acer.co.uk support service. If anyone can help me I would be very happy.

If your using a wireless network, all you need to do is have WIFI turned on, on your laptop and make sure that everythings plugged in on your router, and make sure you have the correct WIFI drivers downloaded.

Hope this helps!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/13641-wireless-network-not-working.html
Relevancy 53.32%

My family just moved into a new house which we have actually owned for some time already therefore our wireless internet was set up when we came but had not been used yet Instead of digging through boxes to find our awesome linksys router access point from the old house my parents decided to just use the crappy comcast one that was already set up We re working wireless right! not network New happy with a slow network just for New wireless network not working right! the time being However trouble came when we started our computers We connected to the network and entered the WEP key but windows says that the network has quot limited or no connectivity quot and New wireless network not working right! quot connected to the access point but the internet cannot be found quot This happened on different computers and yes the WEP was correct It quickly occurred to us that the router might not be plugged in to the internet itself however we checked and it was plugged in Then my mom desperate to check e-mail hooked her laptop up to the ethernet ports on the router and wham-o she got internet Can someone tell me why wireless internet coming from the same router as fully functional wired internet doesn t work nbsp

A:New wireless network not working right!

Odd.
What make/model is the comcast router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-wireless-network-not-working-right.599127/
Relevancy 53.32%

My Friend has a Sony Viao Laptop, it is acting strange, we am at a camp and we have only one Wireless Network which is unsecured, whenever he tries to connect it to the network the icon at the desktop shows that its connected and it shows the blue globe, but he is unable to browse anything , when we check in the Network & Sharing center there is yellow Triangle (icon for Limited Connectivity) on the network name. When we check the the IPV4 it shows the IP address of the network provider.

Pls help We dont know what is the exact issue.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/185299-wireless-network-not-working.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Im trying to setup the Internet connection on a wireless network. The network has been setup using a 'Belkin 802.11G Wireless router', 'Belkin 802.11G Wireless network card' and a 'D-Link DSL-300T modem'. The connection from the computer to the router seems to be working ok, as i can access the router's web based control panel. I can also access the modems web based control panel.

I have entered the information for the internet account on the modem (which is 'Bulldog Broadband') and although the status light keeps flashing on the modem, the modem appears to be picking up an IP address from the ISP as it begins with '81'. But I cannot access the internet.

Any ideas??

Thanks.

A:WAN not working on Wireless Network

Not to sound too simplistic but has the bulldog modem been connected to the wireless g router? also you mention setting up your settings on the wireless router I am assuming you got those from the isp to ensure you setup the right info?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wan-not-working-on-wireless-network.383466/
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm noob on wireless networks, (my WLAN:-> 3 notebooks, 1 desktop pc) i recently had a problem with a desktop and a notebook computer, i reinstalled OS in both, i have already installed WIfi cards drivers, i tried to connect but it always displays: connection limited or null. What can i do?

All pcs ->OS WinXpSP2, with WLAN network cards enabled.

Router 3com

A:Not Working Wireless Network

You didn't mention what type of broadband connection you have and make and model of your router. That would be a big help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-working-wireless-network.430846/
Relevancy 52.89%

hi,im having the same problem here,but cannot seem to get the wireless to work either.if you figure it out please post..thank

A:Solved: Wireless network not working

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-not-working.740302/
Relevancy 52.89%

i have a westell 327W router and yesterday i changed the channel that it was set to(from 6 to 1 if it matters) and today all of the laptops that connect wirelessly stopped working but my wii and my wireless printer still work fine..Ethernet cables still work fine and the laptop shows that it has a strong signal to the router its just not connecting to it.. and i did change the channel back too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-stopped-working.138648/
Relevancy 52.89%

i have never had any problems connecting wirelessly to internet. when i attempted to access wi-fi internet at hotel with laptop, i got the error message "no wireless networks available". The Vista help support suggested that i may need to update my driver, but when i attempted to do so, it stated that my driver had most recent updates. Can someone please help, or clarify why my laptop is not recognizing the available network?

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, I've connected a wireless network with a Netgear WGR614 and a Netgear WG311v3 card. I've changed the printer from the USB connection to a network port on the wireless router (using the external JetDirect print server that came with the HP 3500n printe. I've uninstalled the USB printer and installed the network version.

All seems OK, except that it won't print anything, apart from a test page in the printer toolbox or the configuration page using the print button on the JetDirect box.

The printer name is OK in the config, but even when I changed to use the printer IP address, it still does not respond.

Is this a problem with the wireless connection, or does the printer need cofigured differently if going over a wireless network?

Relevancy 52.89%

I've followed some on the steps provided on here, but I still can not connect to the internet via wireless option error message appears as "there might be a problem with the driver for the wireless network connection adapter" I've downloaded the latest version from the Dell support site and it still doesn't work. please help. I'm available to connect if I plug in the Ethernet cable directly to my laptop.

A:Wireless network adapter not working

Welcome jeccajo2013

Is there a button on the laptop that turns the wireless ON/OFF ? My step-daughter forgets to check this all the time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310537-wireless-network-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have suddenly started having trouble with my wireless network When I connect to my usual wireless network I get only local access When I run Vista s network diagnostics it tells me there may be a problem with my DNS configuration I have tried network working on Solved: DNS not wireless two different routers and had the same problem with both I had come to the conclusion it was an issue with my computer but my roommate has the same issue If I connect my Solved: DNS not working on wireless network computer directly to the modem I do have internet access This started fairly abruptly on Friday although for a few weeks I have been having a possibly separate issue wherein my computer would disconnect from the wireless network and then refuse to reconnect It would claim it received no response from the router Windows would suggest that low signal strength was the issue though in the list of networks available it would show full strength My computer HP Pavilion dv Windows Vista Home Premium SP -bit Broadcom b g WLAN Networking Modem - Motorola SB Cable Modem Time Warner Cable Router - Linksys WRV G Wireless-G Router Other router - Belkin Wireless-G Router Model F D - I normally Solved: DNS not working on wireless network use the Linksys router but switched to the Belkin assuming that the problem was with the Linksys router only to have the same issue with the Belkin When I connect to my wireless network through either router I get excellent signal strength but local access only If I connect my computer to one of the LAN ports on the router I also get only local access If I connect my computer directly to the Solved: DNS not working on wireless network modem I have internet access When connected to the wireless networks if I run Windows network diagnostics it suggests that something is wrong with my DNS configuration I normally use OpenDNS set via the TCP IPv properties dialog not the router settings but I received the same results after setting the DNS settings back to quot Obtain DNS server address automatically quot I thought it was my computer having the issue but I no longer think so because a my roommate has the same issue and b I visited my parents house over the weekend and had no trouble connecting to their wireless network My best guess now is that it s something to do with the modem communicating with the router Things I ve tried -Rebooting computer power cycling routers and modem -Flushing DNS -Updating router firmware -Restored both routers to factory defaults -TCP IP stack repair options suggested here The problem is still persisting and besides the annoyance of having to sit next to the modem to keep a wired connection there are two of us who need to connect so we need our wireless I ve searched the forums and found other people with DNS issues though none seemed identical to mine and most were asked to run ipconfig all and some pings so I ve done that already Here is the ipconfig all results when connected to the wireless network through the Belkin router Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Lora gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Pierre Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix earthlink net Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - B- - F-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - A- - B-F -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a ad db Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday May PM Lease Expires Thursday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -C - D-F - - B- - F-B - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local ... Read more

Relevancy 52.89%

I m tired of talking to tech support when I usually get better help here So anyway I have this qwest wire usb wireless adaptor Wireless working. network not adaptor And supposedly its just supposed to be just some sort of plug and play type of thing Every tech I ve talked to said that my computer should automatically see that there s an added peice of hardware which it does But there s no software for it my computer is supposed to just detect and promt me for secure log in to Wi-Fi protected access But Wireless network adaptor not working. all it does is detect the hardware and then when I go to device manager its under that yellow question mark Wireless network adaptor not working. on Other devices USB device Am I missing a driver for my USB ports I m just lost and qwest tech support doesn t help just tells me to see my pc manufacturer if its not detecting it which I don t think is really necessary Any help would be great I ll post my specs just in case it will help ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name COLDVIPER Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC System Model A N X-X BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor AMD Athlon tm XP GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name SAPPHIRE RADEON ATLANTIS Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI Radeon Graphics Processor AGP x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS C B amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name ati dvag dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD ati mtag sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B EE - - CF- E E- A CA C CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x C B Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Enabled DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description NVIDIA R nForce TM Audio Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID NFORCE Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name nvapu sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider NVIDIA Corporation HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags xB B Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Registry OK Sound Test Result Not run Description Modem Line Playback emulated Default Sound Playback No Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID Manufacturer ID Product ID Type Emulated Driver Name Driver Version Driver Attributes WHQL Logo d Date and Size Other Files Driver Provider HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags x Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Registry OK Sound Test Result Not run --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- Description NVIDIA R nForce TM Audio Default Sound Capture Yes Default Voice Capture Yes Driver Name nvapu sy... Read more

A:Wireless network adaptor not working.

I think you need the drivers

and then when I go to device manager its under that yellow question mark on Other devices/USB device.

The website
http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/networking/homenetwork/adapters.html
talks about the CD
did you get a CD with the device??
otherwise you should see the Exe drives on this site

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-adaptor-not-working.762159/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I m new to networks but have connected a wireless network with a Netgear WGR and a Netgear WG v card not - network wireless printer working in the PC wireless network - printer not working I m getting the network ready to add another PC and place this one in another room The problem is that I have changed the printer from wireless network - printer not working the USB connection to a network connection using the external JetDirect print server that came with the HP n printer I ve uninstalled the USB printer and installed the network version - all wireless network - printer not working seems OK except that it won t print anything That is apart from a test page in the printer toolbox or the configuration page using the print button on the ext JetDirect box The wireless network is fine going through to the internet etc But I can t get the printer working The network port has the correct printer name and when I changed it to the printer IP address still no progress I ve searched the forums for answers but none seem to be relevant Anyone got any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-printer-not-working.441758/
Relevancy 52.89%

hi guys, im working in a small hotel and im having a problem with our wireless network.
Some of our guest couldnt detect our wiless network and some of them can. I already ruled out the possibility of iterferance because i tried to bring one of my guest laptop in our server room but still couldnt detect the signal. I already did some basic trouble shooting like reseting the server and turning their wireless adapter on and off but still didnt work.

Most of their lap tops are running vista and they were brand new.(toshibas and hp's)

any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Mark

Relevancy 52.89%

I've searched through the forums but nothing seems to be quite the same as my problem. I've been using mostly a dial up connection (because I live in the sticks). But I occassionally bring my laptop to work to pilfer their high speed wireless connection if I have some particularly large files that I need to download. I've had no problems in doing so until today. Now my laptop cannot find the network and says that "This computer does not have a wireless network adapter installed and configured." When I go to the device manager, I have two 6TO4 Adapters that are not working properly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing. Please help!!!

Relevancy 52.89%

I have my hp dv6 1152tx laptop but the wireless connection is not working after i updated it to windows 7 from vista. I have downloaded the latest driver update for win 7 driver pack sp45524 but still it is not working. i have tried check if the wifi is turned off from bios but i cannot find it there too.checked it on manage wireless network but it is saying my wireless is not enabled.Red cross on network in task bar.no icon of wifi in mobility centeri cannot even find my driver in device manager.i installed broadcom sp45524 but still nothing has worked.

A:Wireless network adapter not working DV6

Hi: See if installing this utility and restarting the PC allows you to turn on the wireless network adapter by using the software interface. This package contains the HP Wireless Assistant for the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems. The HP Wireless Assistant is a user application that provides a way to control the enablement of individual wireless devices (such as Bluetooth, WLAN, or WWAN devices) and that shows the state of the radios for these wireless devices. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45222.exe There is also a newer driver you can use for the BCM wireless card your notebook has... 5.100.82.139   Jul 13, 2012 http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57965.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-network-adapter-not-working-DV6/td-p/5796883
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi

I'm having problems with my wireless networkcard. Sometimes i can connect to the Internet with it but at other times, I am simply unable to connect. Windows detects that there is a problem between my computer, the router, and the Internet. There are five other devices in my house that are able to connect flawlessly. I am currently only able to connect using a wi-fi adapter but this soultuion is awkward as i have only two available USB ports.

Can anyone help me?
I will post more details about the network card when I can.

stupot65

A:Wireless Network Card Not Working

It sounds like you may be having problems with the driver, go to the website of the cards manufacturer and check and see if there are any updates for the drivers. The drivers should be under the support or downloads section if they are anything like the other manufacturer websites I have seen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/279065-wireless-network-card-not-working.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I m having all kinds of problems right now at home my iPhone wasn t connecting to my wifi all the sudden and when I checked my laptop it said my network wasn t connected to the Internet I tried disconnecting and reconnecting and it still didn t work So working & Home stopped network wireless I unplugged my router and modem and reset them Still nothing I unplugged them again and waited Home & wireless network stopped working a while This time it didn t find my network at all I figured I d use one of the insecure networks my computer found to goggle ways to fix it and it turns out the linksys network listed was my modem- somehow the Home & wireless network stopped working modem completely reset and Home & wireless network stopped working wasn t recognized The computer asked me for the on the bottom of the modem It then named the network for me somehow and it started working Only problem is that it also put in a security password on its own so I can t connect to it with my phone I shut off my laptop and when I restarted it I can t connect to that network cause I don t have a password and my laptops home network still doesn t work Would a system restore reset the network settings to before the modem reset itself Any ideas I m basically lost now with no Internet other than my G on my phone nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I have a wireless network set up with desktops and a laptop on it one desktop is still cabled and not wireless My son has wired wireless working not machines network, and all a PS hooked to the router as well for online games I added the fourth desktop today and was able to get online for a short time but now can t get online I get the dreaded check your network connection page on that desktop He can t get online with his PS The desktop is wireless just installed it today I open up wireless and wired network, not all machines working the Netgear connection on the desktop that won t connect and there is no connection I click connect and it says the signal is excellent but then i can t get online I have checked the cable for the PS and find nothing wrong with it The other desktops one wireless and one not and laptop are fine so I am clueless as to wireless and wired network, not all machines working what is going on I have unplugged and plugged in the cable don t know what else to try for the wireless I have DSL so I have a router from the provider but there wasn t enough ports I have a network printer also so I added a second Netgear router One wireless and wired network, not all machines working port on the router from the provider has never worked I also have a wireless access point for my laptop which is new and came wireless Where do I begin to figure out the problem nancy nbsp

A:wireless and wired network, not all machines working

We fixed it, by resetting the router. The desktop and PS2 work now.

Nancy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-and-wired-network-not-all-machines-working.407522/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all Wireless on new working Samsung network laptop... not Having a bit of a nightmare with my new laptop hope someone can help I recently purchased a Samsung laptop model number NP E C-A UK on Windows everything worked fine for the first few months I actually love the machine Haha Unfortunately though last week the wireless internet decided Wireless network not working on new Samsung laptop... to stop working I ve got no idea why this has happened I have not updated or changed anything in the system I can connect fine when I plug in an Ethernet cable and my phone connects to my internet through the wireless with no problem so I know the router is working properly Now the laptop finds wireless networks and says they re available but when I try and connect it simply says unable to connect to this network I ve tried all the usual suspects updated the wireless driver uninstalled and re-installed it I even took my laptop to a mates to see if it would connect to theirs None of these have worked I am now officially out of ideas so I ve decided to turn to people who clearly now far more than me about this sort of stuff Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated Cheers in advance guys nbsp

A:Wireless network not working on new Samsung laptop...

Since you cannot connect to your router or other routers as well, I would recommend the following action for starters:

Disable your anti-virus and retest.
Boot into safe mode with networking and retest.

Let us know the results.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-not-working-on-new-samsung-laptop.1099134/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have searched everywhere. I tried a few things said in this forum and others but I am a newbie novice. I got my girlfriend's laptop connected to my wireless router with no problem. But no matter what I do her laptop will not connect to the LAN line. It just says "acquiring network address" over and over. I would tell you what I have tried already but I fear I would say it wrong. So if anyone can help, please! She is giving me another day to figure this out. The LAN was working last week before i fixed the wireless connection.

How can I get her LAN connected? What info do I need to provide?

A:LAN not working but Wireless is!! Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-not-working-but-wireless-is-intel-r-pro-100-ve-network-connection.671460/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi nbsp I've got an Acer Aspire S - running Windows bit and I recently updated my wireless network adapter Atheros AR BMD to the latest version as recommended by Acer's website nbsp After updating the driver I can no longer connect to my home wifi nbsp When I try to connect I get the message that no wireless connections are available even though all my other devices can see the wifi network and when I diagnose the problem it says that there might be a problem with the wireless network adapter and that windows couldn't automatically bind the ip stack protocol nbsp I've tried uninstalling the new driver and reinstalling the old one and running a system restore to before installing the new driver both with no luck nbsp When I try to manually configure a wireless connection I get an unexpected error ocurred adapter a... Acer network not working S3-391 wireless message nbsp I have automatic DNS and IP address set and when I look at Acer S3-391 wireless network adapter not working a... my ipconfig Acer S3-391 wireless network adapter not working a... IP DNS DHCP etc all have addresses nbsp Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Solved Go to Solution

A:Acer S3-391 wireless network adapter not working a...

And just by playing around I managed to stumble across a solution.  When I looked up the properties of my wireless network adapter, I disabled NetBIOS over TCP/IP and now everything's working great.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-S3-391-wireless-network-adapter-not-working-after-driver/td-p/392274/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.46%

I linked my laptop Win RC with my girlfriends Vista Home Basic via STOPPED WORKING!!! SUDDENLY network Ad-hoc wireless Ad-hoc wireless networking and Ad-hoc wireless network SUDDENLY STOPPED WORKING!!! it Ad-hoc wireless network SUDDENLY STOPPED WORKING!!! ran like a dream for a week We took it in turns being the one plugged in at the ethernet and the one Ad-hoc wireless network SUDDENLY STOPPED WORKING!!! with their feet up on the bed enjoying the comforts of wireless technology Then one day the ad-hoc networks were showing up as local-only Regardless of what I do in the settings turning ICS on off disabling reenabling adaptors drivers tweaking this and that I can't get the ad-hoc network to share the internet even though the ICS is shown as on I've searched google quite thoroughly and found lots of cases of people suffering from this problem but not a single solution I suspect its a Vista bug they never ironed out I am now going around the forums posting this in the hope that someone knows what is going on and can help me I really want us both to be able to have net access Please please please help Very grateful if you can P S gt I am an IT professional just so we can avoid the obvious questions I just don't like to have to reinstall every minutes and am really hoping that Win is the OS to break the Microsoft mould of making those reinstallations so frequent

A:Ad-hoc wireless network SUDDENLY STOPPED WORKING!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisBlizzard

I linked my laptop (Win 7 RC) with my girlfriends (Vista Home Basic) via Ad-hoc wireless networking, and it ran like a dream for a week. We took it in turns being the one plugged in at the ethernet, and the one with their feet up on the bed enjoying the comforts of wireless technology.

Then one day the ad-hoc networks were showing up as local-only.

Regardless of what I do in the settings, turning ICS on/off, disabling/reenabling adaptors, drivers, tweaking this and that, I can't get the ad-hoc network to share the internet, even though the ICS is shown as on

I've searched google quite thoroughly and found lots of cases of people suffering from this problem, but not a single solution. I suspect its a Vista bug they never ironed out.

I am now going around the forums posting this in the hope that someone knows what is going on and can help me. I really want us both to be able to have net access.

Please, please, please help. Very grateful if you can.

P.S> I am an IT professional, just so we can avoid the obvious questions. I just don't like to have to reinstall every 5 minutes, and am really hoping that Win 7 is the OS to break the Microsoft mould of making those reinstallations so frequent.

Well win 7 is but i dont suspect it is an OS problem. where does you ISP come from? IE ISP>???????>>>>pc. modem, router, school, etc?

Kenn J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/42691-ad-hoc-wireless-network-suddenly-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Just Revived a refurbished dell laptop (Latitude e4310 13.3inch) without an os installed. I Have installed a copy of windows 7 professional but now i cant connect to the internet. I think its because there is no drivers.
I have tried installing the network drivers on the dell website with little luck.
I believe this is the hardware: http://www.pcidatabase.com/search.php?device_search_str=422c&device_search=Search

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Relevancy 52.46%

Last night my wireless adapter Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter stopped working In the properties it says it is working properly however it will not find a single wireless network to connect to only the big red X over the icon in the system tray My wife's laptop which is feet from mine finds our network as well as several of our neighbors Properly Working it's Not Wireless Says But Adapter Network It's I upgraded to Windows last month so this morning I tried updating drivers installed these but still the big red X My laptop will work with the ethernet cable plugged in just not wireless I am stumped because it says it is working properly in the properties menu and not returning any errors during troubleshooting I know its not my router as my xbox ipod touch android phone Wireless Network Adapter Says it's Working Properly But It's Not and wife's laptop can connect and work fine Since she and I have the same laptop I made sure that our properties settings were the same this morning as well and they match up Any ideas

A:Wireless Network Adapter Says it's Working Properly But It's Not

Are you certain that the wireless switch on the laptop is turned on?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/115227-wireless-network-adapter-says-its-working-properly-but-its-not.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello.

I have an Acer Travelmate 5520 notebook that is running Windows Vista Business.

It was able to find and connect to a wireless network just fine. Then I put the machine into hibernation mode and now it won't connect.
Usually I press the button on the front of the laptop to turn wireless on or off, but now the button doesn't do anything.

In device manager, `Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter' does not show up now for some reason under `network adapters'.
This network adapter is also absent from the device manager even if "Show Hidden Devices" is active.

I didn't change anything so it's weird that this problem has now come up.

I've spent the past few hours reading threads and posts online (using a different internet connection) and have not found the solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:Solved: Wireless Network Adapter not working.

I assume that there is nothing in Device Manager with a warning or error.

Check in the BIOS (Setup) to see if the wireless somehow got disabled in there.

If you can access the wireless card by removing a small cover on the bottom of the notebook remove and carefully and firmly replace the card (to fix any potential corrosion or looseness).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-adapter-not-working.1102557/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all am trying to interconnect wireless APs to link four houses Network working, Wide not Area Wireless Help!! that are far placed the equip am using are Dlink DWL as the AP in the main office and Dlink DWL on the other houses as Bridge with AP It works fine on the st house which has a dist of Mts but on the other house Mts it doesnt work when i do a ping test it quot request timed out quot and when i go to the site discover on the browser it gives a signal trace I am using x Mtr Coax cables on all houses to connect to the Antennas i e Main house has x Mtr coax-Omni Directional Antenna Other House Working has x Mtr coax-Directional flat panel ANT - antenna House Not working has x Mtr coax- Directional yagi ANT - antenna Please help coz the last house is Km away and am very embarassed to embark on that as ive been here times Wireless Wide Area Network not working, Help!! already nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-wide-area-network-not-working-help.533103/
Relevancy 52.46%

So I have wireless internet in my house through an xfinity cable/internet modem. While I was trying to set up my new printer on the wireless network, my wireless stopped working. My computer is showing it has a full signal from my wireless network, however it unable to connect. Also, if I connect my computer via ethernet cable the internet works without a problem. Also, my 3 other roommates can no longer connect to the wireless and nothing was done with their computers. I've tried unplugging the modem and plugging it back in after 30 seconds as recommended, but nothing changed. Please help!

A:Wireless not working after trying to add HP Printer to wifi network

Try turning the wireless printer off and unplug its power cord. If your WIFI comes back it was the printer that is interfering with the router. You will then have to go though the setup again to get everything working. My guess is the printer is using the same IP address that the router wants to use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/207257-wireless-not-working-after-trying-add-hp-printer-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 52.46%

After moving I was using a wireless Internet connection for a while but then I started using a direct connection to a router. Now I'm back to wireless but I'm having this problem, my brother has been using the wireless from the beginning and still does so I'm sure it's my computer. No browsers work, no games, nothing can connect to the Internet.
I'm running windows 7 and now the Internet icon in the taskbar is the computer monitor with a yellow triangle as opposed to the bars of wireless internet unless I'm connected or trying to connect to the wireless Internet that either says I have limited connectivity or is connected but doesn't work.
Also, sorry, I know I should be showing what comes up in command prompt but if someone could give me the commands to type in, I'll report what cones in as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi friends,

I see many posts related to this and i tried most of them but in vain.

Im having Vista and Dlink Router .

I was connecting via wireless network and every thing was fine , all of sudden My net connection was LOST

I have connection when i connect via cable from router, but not wireless.

I can see my wireless network from the list of networks, it also says connected, but access is Local Only.

after googling i have chnaged lot of settings,but still i can connect wit wireless network.

Also there is no default gateway with wirelesssnetwork
Pls let me know if you need further info to help me

Many Thanks in advance in helping me out.

regds
Ck.

Relevancy 52.46%

I installed Ethernet driver after installing Windows 7 on my laptop, but the wireless network connection isn't working. I enabled it, but it's still not working. Screen After troubleshooting it says, that the wireless capability is turned off. How can I turn it on?

A:After enabling wireless network connection it's still not working

Hi welcome to the forum

thier might be a button on the laptop to turn on and off the wireless. it also could be a combination of FN + F key
also would be helpful if you listed the make and model of the laptop

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/367375-after-enabling-wireless-network-connection-its-still-not-working.html
Relevancy 52.46%

At random intervals the wireless or working! Controller Network wireless nVidia not on my IQ dies It shows nVidia Network Controller or wireless not working! a red X on the network icon in the system tray If I log out and then log back in again it does not come back If I power down and then power back up and login it does not come back If I do a system restore of a previous save then it appears to return and work But lately this has become an annoying issue and this time I cannot make nVidia Network Controller or wireless not working! it work It may work for a couple of days and do the same thing over again I can use the hardwire network on the back but cannot get the wireless to work again The wireless router I am connecting to is fully functional with every other device in the house that is using wireless It just will not connect to the Linksys wireless router In device manager it shows only a Nvidia nForce Networking Controller and two bluetooth devices under networking I have been having it for some time now and have to play around with uninstalling the adapters and bluetooth adapters that are showing as well as sometimes restore to later points to get the wireless to work on here This time it does not seem to want to do this In another forum I found someone said that it may be a motherboard southbridge problem and to check the OS system files I tried to do that but nothing happened from what I could tell and if it did it did not work I used the system file checker tool to do this Today I finally broke down and did a disc recovery on the whole system This did not solve the issue and still is not finding networks Here are the stats for my system Network Adapters Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Bluetooth Device RFCOMM Protocol TDI NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller HP TouchSmart IQ Processor AMD Turion tm X Mobile Technology TL- GHz Memory RAM GB System type -bit Operating System Windows Edition Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack Please let me know if you need anything else to help solve this issue

A:nVidia Network Controller or wireless not working!

New Details

Uninstalled each network adapter and reinstalled.

Through Network Connections, clicked on both adapters that were showing

NVIDIA and Bluetooth Protocol

Disabled and Enabled them to reset . Both adapter continue to say NOT connected in Network Connections. However, in Device Manager they all say drivers updated and working properly.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/259194-nvidia-network-controller-wireless-not-working.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have had my HP Pavilion dm for a year and a half now and when my school gave me suddenly working not Wireless network adapter a copy of Windows Enterprise it came with Win Home I installed it and all the necessary drivers and everything's been running smoothly - til now Tonight all of a sudden my Internet connection Wireless network adapter suddenly not working showed that it was connected but had quot Wireless network adapter suddenly not working limited connectivity quot - aka no Internet So I restarted my router - no luck Then I restarted my computer and my F wireless button showed orange - meaning that wireless Wireless network adapter suddenly not working capability was turned off entirely It wouldn't turn back on even if I pushed the button so I went into Control Panel and did some diagnostic thing and it forced the wireless capability back on and it worked again For about an hour Then the button went orange again and the diagnostic couldn't turn it back on So I went into wireless connections and disabled and reenabled the actual connection rather than the adapter and it worked again - for about another hour When it went off again the disabling reenabling didn't help I don't think it should be a driver problem seeing as I can make it turn back on for certain periods of time and it's worked fine until now Does anyone know what to do

A:Wireless network adapter suddenly not working

Quote: Originally Posted by SarahG

I have had my HP Pavilion dm4 for a year and a half now, and when my school gave me a copy of Windows 7 Enterprise (it came with Win7 Home) I installed it and all the necessary drivers, and everything's been running smoothly - til now.

Tonight all of a sudden my Internet connection showed that it was connected but had "limited connectivity" - aka no Internet. So I restarted my router - no luck. Then I restarted my computer, and my F12 wireless button showed orange - meaning that wireless capability was turned off entirely. It wouldn't turn back on even if I pushed the button, so I went into Control Panel and did some diagnostic thing and it forced the wireless capability back on and it worked again. For about an hour. Then the button went orange again and the diagnostic couldn't turn it back on.

So, I went into wireless connections and disabled and reenabled the actual connection rather than the adapter, and it worked again - for about another hour. When it went off again, the disabling/reenabling didn't help.

I don't think it should be a driver problem seeing as I can make it turn back on for certain periods of time and it's worked fine until now. Does anyone know what to do?

Do you have iTunes or AVG installed on this system?

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would be helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/244900-wireless-network-adapter-suddenly-not-working.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I just got a new dell laptop. When i turn on the computer, it says i am connected to a wireless network,and i have a full signal. however, when i click on internet explorer, nothing comes up-not even a system message, let alone a website. also, on the bottom toolbar, there is an icon of two little computers and it says "a network cable is unplugged". please help. i can't figure out what's wrong. thanks.

A:HELP!! new laptop and wireless network but no working internet!

Click Start, Control Panel then Network Connections. You should have a Wireless connection there. Double click it. Click View Wireless Networks and you should have a wireless network there. If not click refresh network list on the left. If you do have one shown click on advanced settings then wireless settings. Click on Advanced make sure Any Available Network is checked. If more that one wireless network is showing you have to move your Up to the first position. Also do you have Wep Or Wap enabled? If so you would have to enter the key. Also make sure you are close to your wireless router when doing this to rule out a weak signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-new-laptop-and-wireless-network-but-no-working-internet.51927/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi me again, I posted on here about 3 months ago after buying a new wireless network adapter that wasn't working and managed to sort it out. But now after getting a new motherboard etc and having to reinstall it, it's having the same problems it had before (Here's the old post - http://forums.techguy.org/networking/957125-wireless-network-adapter-wont-find.html) I tried following the steps in the same way I did before and i've got to the point no where i've restarted my pc after doing the command prompts, but this time Xirrus didn't pick up my wireless adapter or any networks etc. I don't know what to do, can anyone help?

Dazz, x

Relevancy 52.46%

Last Sunday my Wireless connection died My broadband supplier is SKY it s a Sky wireless router Ralink I can connect wired network working unavailable wireless using the ethernet cable but the wireless connection is unavailable Sky were unable to help said it must be a hardware issue I ve tried manually entering the TCP IP settings reinstalling the router with the Sky installation CD tried all the Windows XP Connection diagnostics etc quot View wired network working wireless unavailable Available Wireless Networks quot fails to find any Sky did not believe me when I told them I had only ever been able to see my SKY wireless connection they said I ought to be picking up neighbours as well Either side of me also have wireless connections but the router never ever saw them only my own I have tried system restore to roll back to a time when the wireless network worked OK but nothing I ve tried has fixed the problem I should add that my Sky router has been working fine for two years or so Sunday s crash coincided with a virus alert after viewing a web page about reupholstering a chair I downloaded some free anti virus software but when I tried to register it I couldn t get online so called Sky They were able to get me back online with the ethernet cable I then purchased and ran Norton Anti-virus and cleaned up the laptop generally with Ashampoo etc and various registry cleaners It should now be virus-free and optimised I can of course let you guys know the exact makes and models of everything Just wondered if you had any ideas I could try Cheers Paul nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-network-working-wireless-unavailable.868978/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey I have a laptop that just got given to me and the internet is working through the Ethernet cable but is not through the wifi connection. I know that the router is working (I have my phone hooked up) I checked the drivers and updated them, uninstalled the adapter and let it be put back on its self. I have rolled back the drivers and updated it. I have tried a system restore point also. The laptop has connected to the internet through wifi before.. Still a red "X". I'm getting a little irritated

A:Wireless Adapter says it's working but does not detect any network

What adapter is in your device manager? That laptop shipped with intel and atheros adapters.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/362909-wireless-adapter-says-its-working-but-does-not-detect-any-network.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I reformatted my father s laptop upgrading the OS from Vista to Windows but now the wireless network adapter isn t working Basically the laptop doesn t know that it has wireless In device manager there is an exclamation mark against the quot Atheros AR UG Wireless Network Adapter quot entry I ve tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it restarting the computer updating the network Wireless not working since adapter reformat driver etc but it always fails to install the driver correctly I don t know for sure the model of the network adapter windows tells me it s atheros but I m not convinced seeing as the driver always fails to install so I can t go to the manufacturer Wireless network adapter not working since reformat s website to download the latest drivers I opened up the laptop but couldn t see any brand names on the network card I don t have the cd s with the drivers on them Any help would be greatly appreciated If someone happens to know or can find out what network card I have so that I can install the latest drivers or if someone knows why the driver windows has found is not installing properly then please let me know I m currently connected to the Internet via Ethernet cable Thanks James Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card VIA Chrome HC IGP WDDM Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Notebook MIM VT A nbsp

A:Wireless network adapter not working since reformat

The adapter is not compatible with Windows 7.
Or least there is no driver supported from Atheros for Windows 7

http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-adapter-not-working-since-reformat.1015628/
Relevancy 52.46%

The Hp controller driver is not found n the system. The device details are: PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_18E3103C&REV_01PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_18E3103CPCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_028000PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_0280 Please, link me to the driver for this network card.Thank you.

A:Network adapter not working, wireless button on Hp 655 AMD E...

Hi: Below is the driver you need for the wireless card. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-123851-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-adapter-not-working-wireless-button-on-Hp-655-AMD-E1/td-p/3505649
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello all,
I'm having issues with my Wireless Network Adapter and am hoping you an help me. The other day I went to a friend's house and put my HP Pavillion dv2000 laptop in my bag and when I got back home the light on the front of my computer indicated that my wireless was turned off, however when I flicked the switch so it would turn on the light still indicated that it was off. I have run diagnostics on the wireless adapter several times to no avail. It only brings me to a troubleshooting page and I've tried all the options. I have tried rebooting the computer as well as disabling and enabling all wireless drivers. I have also upgraded all software concerning the adapter, but it still does not work. My computer uses Windows Vista as an operating system.
Please help, I'm utterly lost as to what to do.

Relevancy 52.46%

So I've tried many times to set up a wireless network for my ps3 and now my ipod touch. Every time it doesn't work. I have a D-Link router..the website says DIR-625 which I think is the model..anyway.

I turned the wireless on, set the WEP key. Started the ipod touch, it finds the network, asks for the WEP password. I give it, and it connects. The D-Link settings site recognizes it and says signal quality is 100%. The Ipod says I'm connected.

Then, I try to do anything internet related, and it just doesn't load. The browser wont load any sites, the weather wont update..its as if I'm not connected..I really don't get it..

Is there something blocking it?

btw, my network consists of two computers hooked up through ethernet cables through a DSL PPoE internet service called 3Web.

Thanks for any help.

A:Solved: Never been able to get this wireless network working, and I have no idea why?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-never-been-able-to-get-this-wireless-network-working-and-i-have-no-idea-why.845458/
Relevancy 52.46%

I linked my laptop Win RC with my girlfriends Vista Home Basic via Ad-hoc wireless networking and it ran like a dream for a week We took it in turns being the one plugged in at the ethernet and the one with their feet up on the bed enjoying the comforts of wireless technology Then one day the ad-hoc networks were showing up as local-only Regardless of what I do in the settings turning ICS on off disabling reenabling adaptors drivers tweaking this and that I WORKING!!! network STOPPED Ad-hoc wireless SUDDENLY can't get the ad-hoc network to share the internet even though the ICS is shown as on I've searched google quite thoroughly and found lots of cases of people suffering from this problem but not a single solution I suspect its a Vista bug they never ironed out I am now going around the Ad-hoc wireless network SUDDENLY STOPPED WORKING!!! forums posting this in the hope that someone knows what is going on and can help me I really want us both to be able to have net access Please please please help Very grateful if you can P S gt I am an IT professional just so we can avoid the obvious questions I just don't like to have to reinstall every minutes and am really hoping that Win is the OS to break the Microsoft mould of making those reinstallations so frequent

A:Ad-hoc wireless network SUDDENLY STOPPED WORKING!!!

so did you find a solution? Cuss im soo frustrated that it doesn't work, i've spent the whole day reading forums trying to get my laptop to connect to the internet through ad hoc...

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/261622-ad-hoc-wireless-network-suddenly-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Yesterday I bought a new desktop and I decided I wanted wireless so I bought a TP-Link TLWN ND wireless PCI adapter After installing all the drivers I had internet access for an hour or so but then the download speed gradually went to and I lost internet access this morning I turned on the PC and I had internet access for Wireless Adapter not properly working Network a while but again Wireless Network Adapter not working properly I lost internet access I've read somewhere that it might be a port problem i dont Wireless Network Adapter not working properly know what do they mean by Wireless Network Adapter not working properly that Heres the ipconfig all Windows IP configuration Host Name User-PC Primary DNS Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled no WINS Proxy Enabled no DNS Suffix Search list cpe telmex com pe Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix cpe telmex com pe Description TP-LINK Mbps Wireless N Adapte r Physical Address -F - -DA- -D DHCP Enabled yes Autoconfiguration Enabled yes Link local IPv address fe cf e c b Preferido IPv Address Preferido Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday November AM Lease Expires Monday November AM Default Gateway fe e c c b af DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EB-AE-E - - B- - C-D - DNS Servers NetBIOS over TCP IP habilitado Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media Disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled no Autoconfiguration Enabled yes Thanks in advance edit translated ipconfig all to english

A:Wireless Network Adapter not working properly

You aren't getting an valid IP from your router because it appears as if you turned off DHCP in your IPv4 settings?

You can just right click the adaptor and choose properties, then scroll down to IPv4 settings, right click and choose properties again, enable DHCP there and save.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263765-wireless-network-adapter-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi having scoured your incredibly useful forum I m at a loss so I have a Dell Studio network adapter working enabled no properly but says its and wireless!! which until yesterday was fine however today there is a red cross through the wireless signal and there are no wireless networks visible I know my hub is working fine as my other laptop and various phones tablets etc all connect fine When I click on the netwok adapter settings both the Dell wireless WLAN Mini-card and the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter are enabled and in properties both say that quot This device is working properly quot Have tried pushing wireless button and fn F both seem to do nothing Have run AVG antivirus scan Malwarebytes scan and Ccleaner Have tried network adapter says its enabled and working properly but no wireless!! updating drivers for both adapters successfully Have tried pinging various with no joy at all nothing transmitting or recieving there Have tried resetting winsock Have tried safe mode and clean boot Have deleted Bonjour and most of the Dell Bloatware Totally out of ideas now PLEASE network adapter says its enabled and working properly but no wireless!! HELP Kind Regards Tony nbsp

A:network adapter says its enabled and working properly but no wireless!!

Is ethernet working OK on that PC?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you don't have a satisfactory email address (e.g., from your ISP) you could try http://www.pcworld.com/article/231780/xirrus_wifi_inspector.html. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Identify your network if it shows and is not obvious. Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

[Press ENTER after each command.]

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-says-its-enabled-and-working-properly-but-no-wireless.1132271/
Relevancy 51.6%

I installed the driver correctly. It comes out as a device, but when I go to connection settings(Im trying to connect to my dads network)It says no connection options are available. please help

A:linksys wusb ver.2.6 wireless network adapter not working

This link may be of use to you:

Linksys? by Cisco ? Home ? UK

As a matter of interest, what wireless security protocols are you using: WEP or WPA? I did read somewhere that this router is incompatible with a WPA setup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/175056-linksys-wusb-ver-2-6-wireless-network-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an HP Pavilion tx z laptop that is not connecting wirelessly I have tried everything I possibly can to fix it but nothing will wirk I called Hp and ATT my ISP Wireless Windows Adapter/ not Service Network working and neither of them helped me in resolving this problem HP said I should clean install my computer but that is my last result The problem I turned on my computer as ususal and my computer normally connects to Network Adapter/ Windows Wireless Service not working my wireless internet router wire automatically On my task bar the networks Network Adapter/ Windows Wireless Service not working icon has two computers and a red x no network connected When i double clicked on that it showed no wireless internet signal from anyone or anything quot windows cannot find any networks quot When i diagnose the issue it tells me that Windows Wirelses Service is not running When I try to start it I get an error saying that there is not network adapter quot solutions quot i tried i tried to use networking in safe mode ---- same problem I made sure my wireless switch was on I went to computer management gt services and appliactions gt WLAN autoconfig gt start ------gave me an error message saying windows could not start the wlan autocongig service on local computer I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my Broadcomm driver I brought my comp to my university to see if it was just my router but it would not establish a connection there either Any help by a professionaly would be appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Network Adapter/ Windows Wireless Service not working

This could be either a software or a hardware problem. Rather then waste time getting you to try a variety of things let's narrow things down by downloading and running a Ubuntu Live CD.

Burn the CD image to a disc and boot into Ubuntu. When you boot go to the upper right corner to where you can see a wireless icon. Try to connect to a wireless network. If you cannot then we most likely have a hardware issue.

If however you can connect in Ubuntu then all we have to do is figure out what is wrong with Windows. Once you've verified either a software or a hardware problem please post back here and I offer further advice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-windows-wireless-service-not-working.817344/
Relevancy 51.6%

My issue I've been having for a week now is that I've set up a wireless network to try to allow my iPhone to connect to the internet through my pc. The network is running, and can file share, etc. but the Internet connection wont share. I am using a sprint usb aircard for my internet connection so I have tried using ICS on my pc to allow the connection without the router having one. I've tried DHCP, static IP's, and crawling through about a million forums and cant seem to find a solution. any ideas would be greatly appriciated.

A:Wireless Network working but Internet wont share, please help.

Maybe you could share some of the configuration with us.
How is the router fitting in the picture with the Sprint USB Aircard? Is that your only ISP connection?
Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-working-but-internet-wont-share-please-help.844267/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi nbsp I have nbsp had problems with my wireless network card since I purchased my Lenovo Ideapad Z The wireless card would suddenly stop working but would restore itself after a few hours Last week nbsp suddenly in the middle of my session my laptop suddenly could no longer connect to wifi On restarting I realized the wireless network card wasn't working In fact the OS does not even realize that the laptop has a wireless network card It can still recognize the ethernet card and bluetooth nbsp Here is what I did Went to Device Manager -- gt Network Adapters I could not find the wireless working Wireless card not network Z580 Ideapad - adapter listed there The following were listed Bluetooth Device PAN Bluetooth Device RFCOMM Realtek PCIe FE I changed the settings to view hidden items I can see the wireless adapter Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N There were a few Wireless network card not working - Ideapad Z580 other adapters that are hidden as well viz Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter I tried right clicking and uninstalling Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter It disappeared from Device Manager When I restarted my machine Wireless network card not working - Ideapad Z580 I could no longer find Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter even after showing hidden items I went to Lenovo support site downloaded and installed the latest wireless network adapter driver But no change in status When I pull up properties for the Intel Centrino Wireless N in the Device Status it states Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer Code To fix this problem reconnect this hardware device to the computer Driver tab in properties shows Driver Date Driver version Performing a clean boot does not resolve the problem nbsp nbsp Given steps amp above I do not know if I should proceed with uninstalling the wireless adapter Please advise nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Wireless-network-card-not-working-Ideapad-Z580/td-p/3347509
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi nbsp I have nbsp had problems with - working Wireless not card network Z580 Ideapad my wireless network card since I purchased my Lenovo Ideapad Z The wireless card would suddenly stop working but would restore itself after a few hours Last week nbsp suddenly in the middle of my session my laptop suddenly could no longer connect to wifi On restarting I realized the wireless network card wasn't working In fact the OS does not even realize that the laptop has a wireless network card It can still recognize the ethernet card and bluetooth nbsp Here is what I did Went to Device Manager -- gt Network Adapters I could not find the wireless adapter listed there Wireless network card not working - Ideapad Z580 The following were listed Bluetooth Device PAN Bluetooth Device RFCOMM Realtek PCIe FE I changed the settings to view hidden items I can see the wireless adapter Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N There were a few other adapters that are hidden as well viz Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter I tried right clicking and uninstalling Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter It disappeared from Device Manager When I restarted my machine I could no longer find Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter even after showing hidden items I Wireless network card not working - Ideapad Z580 went to Lenovo support site downloaded and installed the latest wireless network adapter driver But no change in status When I pull up properties for the Intel Centrino Wireless N in the Device Status it states Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer Code To fix this problem reconnect this hardware device to the computer Driver tab in properties shows Driver Date Driver version Performing a clean boot does not resolve the problem nbsp nbsp Given steps amp above I do not know if I should proceed with uninstalling the wireless adapter Please advise nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Wireless-network-card-not-working-Ideapad-Z580/td-p/3347509
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a wireless network set up at home with a Linksys RangePlus router that I have been using, which has been working fine with my old HP computers, Macs, ipads, and ipods.

I just bought a new Samsung laptop, and when I try to connect to it using the Samsung, it shows that I'm connected to the wireless network, but I have limited connectivity, and I can't connect to the internet. When this happens, I also lose my internet connection with my other devices. I get the internet connection back only if I stop trying to connect with my new Samsung.

I tried connecting to the router with an Ethernet cable, and it works fine with no problems.

Anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks.

Relevancy 51.6%

here is what it says...
'This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."

i did a reinstall of xp so everything is like it was when i bought it, yet im still getting the error

A:my laptops wireless network card quit working

Try uninstalling the card in device manager, then reboot and let windows re-install it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptops-wireless-network-card-quit-working.170024/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I reinstalled W home premium bit on my Asus k u laptop Installation went good but i cant find wireless connection When i try to install there is not option for wireless connection its like my laptop never heard off wireless But when i unplug internet cable from my router and put in my computer internet works Im pretty sure that my router works cause i have other laptops asus and toshiba and they drivers! missing Wireless controller network , not working have internet from router But i missing network controller drivers i went to device manager and there is yellow triangle on my network controller tab and it says that i missing drivers f r that So i suppose i need those drivers to find wireless Ive tried to find it on internet but not sucess so far I downloaded different but nothing solved problem So i hope you know solution for my problem NOTE Asus i reinstalled worked fine before on wirless internet Sorry for my english

A:Wireless not working , missing network controller drivers!

Can you cannot to internet wired instead of wireless?
Open device manager. Any exclamation marks/unknown devices there?

Give me the hardware id's of devices without driver. Just doubleclick on them and click on "Details" tab. expand properties->Hardware-id

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/273497-wireless-not-working-missing-network-controller-drivers.html
Relevancy 51.6%

hello everyone. i have this lenovo 3000 Y410. i had vista installed on it but decided to get windows 7 ultimate. i had to do a lot of driver upgrades and most of them worked fine. the wireless networking card, which is intel wireless wifi link 4965AG was disconnecting at times so me and my buddy decided to upgrade it too from version 12.4.1.4 to the latest version 13.1.1.1. and after that, it stopped working. the light thats supposed to glow after i switch on the wirless key remains lit off. and i cant connect to my wireless connection. and i cant roll back to previous version either because the roll back driver option is greyed out. somebody please help.

A:wireless network adapter not working after updating driver please help

oh i forgot to add one huge detail. when i install the latest driver version, the install doesnot complete properly. during the process it says "now performing intel(R)wireless network driver installation operations please wait" and then it suddenly disappears. it doesnt say it installed completely or correctly or anything

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/94049-wireless-network-adapter-not-working-after-updating-driver-please-help.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have two computers connected to each other through a netgear DG G Wireless router One of them is connected to it by Ethernet and is running Windows XP Home Edition SP Office The other is connected Wirelessly and is running XP Pro SP Down stairs They are both able to connect to the internet and are both able to ping each other However they do not sharing network, working ping. on to not able File wireless appear in each others workgroups even though in the network wizard i chose the same workgroup name Windows firewall on both is disabled how ever firewall File sharing not working on wireless network, able to ping. in router is turned on I ran a nbtstat -n on on the one connected by ethernet Office and it gave me Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status -------------------------------------------- OFFICE lt gt UNIQUE Registered TORWOOD lt gt GROUP Registered OFFICE lt gt UNIQUE Registered TORWOOD lt E gt File sharing not working on wireless network, able to ping. GROUP Registered TORWOOD lt D File sharing not working on wireless network, able to ping. gt UNIQUE Registered MSBROWSE lt gt GROUP Registered However when i run this on the down stairs one it says Failed to access the netBT driver NetBT driver may not be loaded Any help appreciated Thanks Ben nbsp

A:File sharing not working on wireless network, able to ping.

Enable NETBIOS over TCP/IP for 2K/XP
Right click Network Neighborhood
Select Properties
Right click your Internet Connection (ex. Local Area Connection)
Select Properties
Make sure Client for Microsoft Networks, and File and Print Sharing for Microsoft Networks are SELECTED.
Highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
Click Properties
Click Advanced
Select the WINS Tab Above
Make sure Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP is SELECTED

Click OK and Close Network Connections Window.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-sharing-not-working-on-wireless-network-able-to-ping.628482/
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently helped my girlfriend move up to college She s living in an apartment complex that provides internet for it s residents through several ethernet ports spread throughout their apartment I set up a wireless connection for her through one in the living room and initially it was working fine Initially I purchase a relatively cheap Belkin wireless G router from Day Network Loses Wireless After Connection a For Fine Working Walmart and set up the connection and it worked great for about a day or so We tried all the tricks of soft resets and hard resets and nothing worked so I eventually decided I Wireless Network Loses Connection After Working Fine For a Day purchase a better router on Newegg I purchased the LINKSYS WRT GL due to it s superb ratings on Newegg I set up the connection a couple days ago in the same location I secured it did everything and it worked great for about a day or so She lost connection again I believe I m not there to see what the computer is saying it just kept attempting to identify the network but Wireless Network Loses Connection After Working Fine For a Day it never would and therefore she couldn t get the internet I had her do a soft reset on the router again and it didn t work I had her hook up wired into the router and that also didn t work I finally had her unplug the main ethernet connection from the back of the router and plug it directly into her computer this is the one that goes from the wall to the router and voila It works So there is obviously data coming through the port in the wall but there seems to be an issue with that data getting through the router itself This obviously isn t an issue with the router itself either as I ve tried two different routers and had the same basic result the internet works fantastic for a day or two then it fails and she can t connect again For the time being I m having her just use the wired connection in the living room and I ve informed her that she needs to contact the apartment office and inform them of the issues she s having but I m not really sure what they can do considering their signal is coming through the port just fine I m not sure if they have anything that disables wireless usage or if she needs to do something to inform them she s using wireless She has an ethernet port in her bedroom that isn t functioning so until they can get that fixed she s sort of SOL out in the living room Is there anything I can do to get the wireless to work via the router Is this an issue with the router or is this something else I only have a base knowledge of these things so once they get down to deeper issues I m sort of lost Should I contact Linksys customer support and see what they could do I really don t believe there s an issue with the router because we had the same issues with the other one and this one is supposed to be fantastic I would appreciate any help anyone could give me at this point Thanks EDIT Forgot some info She has an HP laptop running Windows Vista I had her do a repair and it came up with some kind of DNS issue I don t remember the exact wording but it attempted to repair it and it still didn t work Dunno if that helps nbsp

A:Wireless Network Loses Connection After Working Fine For a Day

I'd like to see this when you're connected directly to the wall jack, then again after a factory reset of the router and connecting to a wired connection through the router. We'll deal with the wireless after we figure out the wired issues.
Try these simple tests.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-loses-connection-after-working-fine-for-a-day.855920/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys.

I got a 6 month old Acer aspire v3-471g laptop. with a qualcomm atheros AR5BWB22 wireless network adopter build in it. Ive been using the laptop daily at work and at home for the last 5-6 months. Suddenly the internet started to get slow and after awile it locate the network but always get the errors that it was unable to connect, I tried many thing and in the end I gave up and re installed my windows 7 ultimate. and it conected again for 2-3 min and just went slow. and now wont connect again. the same happens on the wifi at work (so i dont think its my router)

I have installed the latest drivers.

except the bios. because the computer is new and i still have warranty. but i got to travle quite far to hand it in so i want to avoid that

any suggestions?

CoVeS

Relevancy 51.6%

Intel? PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection NOT WOrking!!
Keeps showing exclamation mark!!! Pls help me

My os is windows vista home premium 32bit
LAptop is IBM thinkpad X30

A:Intel« PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection NOT Working

Hi,

Press the Windows key and R to open the Run dialogue.Type "devmgmt.msc" and press enter. Go past the UAC prompt if necessary.Make sure there are no errors showing, particularly in the networking section. Errors will be obvious, there is no need to hunt for them. Check Other Devices if this catagory exists.Under the Network Adaptors catagory, find the Wireless card and right click on it.Click on Properties.See if any errors are showing here and note down the error code and post here.Under the Driver Tab, click on Update Driver.Click on Search Online and let it finish. Install driver when asked.Note down and post here the model of you wireless network card and your full computer make and model.
If this does not fix the problem, download the drivers from here: Lenovo Support & downloads - Drivers and software - ThinkPad X30, X31, X32

Here is the direct link to the correct drivers for your card and OS. Restart your system after install and see if the problem is fixed: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub...s/7kwv50ww.zip

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/274726-intel-pro-wireless-2200bg-network-connection-not-working.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a labtop on which I run windows 7 and normally connect to the internet wirelessly. However, after having run Iolo system mechanic 7 to try and ensure my computer is in good shape, my Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter is showing a big red cross by it and says "Not connected" so I can't connect wirelessly to the internet. Being an amateur computer user I've tried "diagnose this connection" etc.. but to no avail. Can anyone enlighten me on how to get it working again? thanks, Neil

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/non-working-atheros-ar9285-wireless-network-adapter.984798/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello My name is Vladan and I have had a problem occur yesterday My internet stopped working I immediately tried my phone s wireless connection and saw that it was working fine so I tried laptop wireless and it too was working When I plug works Network stopped troubleshoot Ethernet working,Wireless in my network cable it stops working My ethernet internet connection status shows that Ipv and Ipv have quot no internet accsess Network troubleshoot Ethernet stopped working,Wireless works quot It s not just my laptop s wired internet that stopped working it s Network troubleshoot Ethernet stopped working,Wireless works the whole network I have in my apartment consisting of two more computers who also lost their wired-ethernet internet accsess I suspect something is wrong with my router since it relays my internet but wireless works fine so I m stumped When I plug in my cable it shows limited connectivity I have tried ipconfig release - renew I have tried netsh Network troubleshoot Ethernet stopped working,Wireless works winsock reset and netsh int ip reset log txt I have tried netsh winsock reset catalog also I tried netsh int ipv reset reset log and it said the following Resetting Interface OK Resetting Neighbor OK Resetting Path OK Resetting failed Accsess is denied Resetting OK Restart the computer to complete this action I don t know what is this quot failed and accsess is denied quot but it might be the problem I have rebooted my router several times but also with no results I have checked DHCP settings for both router and laptop adapter and it all checks out I have check IP filtering and MAC filtering on router and it all looks fine I use no firewall nor could that explain the whole network of no wired internet The only thing I haven t tried is MS fixit tool should I I don t think that would work since it s the entire wired network that is the problem My router is Cisco EPC EuroDocsis If you need any further information I can provide I have some IT and Network background so I can follow some advanced instructions How can I define the problem and how can I resolve this issue Any help or assitance would be greatly appreciated I have reposted this with some added info and because I used the wrong social tag in my previous post since it was my first Thanks in advance VladanHello My name is Vladan and I have had a problem occur yesterday My internet stopped working I immediately tried my phone s wireless connection and saw that it was working fine so I tried laptop wireless and it too was working When I plug in my network cable it stops working My ethernet internet connection status shows that Ipv and Ipv have quot no internet accsess quot It s not just my laptop s wired internet that stopped working it s the whole network I have in my apartment consisting of two more computers who also lost their wired-ethernet internet accsess I suspect something is wrong with my router since it relays my internet but wireless works fine so I m stumped When I plug in my cable it shows limited connectivity I have tried ipconfig release - renew I have tried netsh winsock reset and netsh int ip reset log txt I have tried netsh winsock reset catalog also I tried netsh int ipv reset reset log and it said the following Resetting Interface OK Resetting Neighbor OK Resetting Path OK Resetting failed Accsess is denied Resetting OK Restart the computer to complete this action I don t know what is this quot failed and accsess is denied quot but it might be the problem I have rebooted my router several times but also with no results I have checked DHCP settings for both router and laptop adapter and it all checks out I have check IP filtering and MAC filtering on router and it all looks fine I use no firewall nor could that explain the whole network of no wired internet The only thing I haven t tried is MS fixit tool should I I don t think that would work since it s the entire wired network that is the problem My router is Cisco EPC EuroDocsis If you need ... Read more

A:Network troubleshoot Ethernet stopped working,Wireless works

Have you tried doing a factory reset on the router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-troubleshoot-ethernet-stopped-working-wireless-works.1155132/
Relevancy 51.17%

Dear TechSupportGuy local Forum Admin Hi once again I am so thankful to be able to come here and consult and support much of your expertise Would please be so kind to help me with the following I have a Wireless G WRT GS home network all setup and almost working still new to all of this It is between two Gateway notebooks both using the same Workgroup name an wireless/XP have to working-no a home access though/unavail permission network Almost essential prerequisite one hooked up to the router directly Almost have a wireless/XP home network working-no permission to access though/unavail and the other with the correct corresponding PCMCIA Linksys network SpeedBooster card Actually as far as the other secondary networked notebook it can already connect and access the internet etc through this network WEP key based however I am attempting to share a USB external drive on the main primary PC After setting up the sharing of it with File and Print sharing enabled and on the Firewalls etc and attempting to navigate to it on the secondary PC I can see the workgroup network name Port-a-pc under Network Places Microsoft Windows Network Almost have a wireless/XP home network working-no permission to access though/unavail but when I click on it s plus sign I get this error message quot Port-a-pc is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource contact the administrator or your friendly neighborhood TechSupportGuy of this server to find out if you have access permissions The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available quot What I should do I had this working before but don t know what to do Thanks in advance David M Jones nbsp

A:Almost have a wireless/XP home network working-no permission to access though/unavail

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/almost-have-a-wireless-xp-home-network-working-no-permission-to-access-though-unavail.479967/
Relevancy 51.17%

Ok so recently I reformatted my ASUS laptop wiping everything from my hard drive. When I tried to connect to the internet, the laptop would not find any wireless networks around me. So I went to Device Manager and saw that the "Network Controller" had a yellow triangle next to it. So I tried to find a network controller driver online for my laptop, but couldn't find anything. Even on the ASUS drivers download page there were no network controllers available. Here are the specs of my laptop: -
Model: UL50Ag, OS:- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit, Ethernet Controller:- Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)

If any other information is required just ask and please if anyone can find a link or some solution to resolve my problem, I would be very grateful.

A:Cannot Find ASUS Network Controller, Wireless Internet Not Working

Hi iowndd, Have a look here Drivers for Atheros AR8131 and Windows 7 you may find what you are looking for

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/275765-cannot-find-asus-network-controller-wireless-internet-not-working.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I bought a new HP Pavilion dv - dx Entertainment stops but wireless to internet Solved: working network, connection Excellent sometime Notebook PC laptop which runs Vista I have a LynkSys Wireless router model WRT G v Since I bought the laptop I have an intermittent problem getting the internet using Internet Explorer have not tried other browers Sometimes internet works fine however sometimes I have Solved: Excellent connection to wireless network, but sometime internet stops working a problem when I click a link or open a new page When the problem occurs I get an error webpage stating quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot with a button on the page quot Diagnose Connection Problems quot When I click this button I eventually get a window that says quot Windows did not find any problems with this computer s network connection quot However when this problem occurs I check the network connection by going Start Connect to When I look at my network it says connected and that I have an excellent signal all bars are green To temporarily fix the problem I right click on the wireless network and click Diagnosis On the window that comes up I click quot Reset the network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot subtitle Resetting the adapter can sometimes resolve and intermittent problem quot When I click this it looks like it goes through some repairing process and I eventually get a window that states quot The problem has been resolved quot If I go back to the webpage with the initial error and refresh f I do get the correct website and everything seems to be fine However sometimes I need to repeat this process again after minutes Other times I can go for an hour Have not see any pattern as to when the internet stops working If anyone knows how I can always have the internet without having to quot Reset the Network Adapter quot every so often that would be great Other information I use a WEP secured connection and have the network security key I always have to quot Reset the network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot quot after the computer goes to sleep Have not determined if this is a function of the hibernation or enough time has elapsed where I need to reset again anyway When I hardwire connect the laptop to the same router I have no issues Other than I have to stay next to the router which defeats the purpose of the laptop I have a laptop from work that runs XP and has no problems connecting wirelessly through this same router It seems like others may have similar problems but couldn t find exact solution Sorry for any repeats I wouldn t call myself computer savvy so detailed quot how to quot would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Excellent connection to wireless network, but sometime internet stops working

I'd start by downloading and installing the latest wireless drivers for that machine, that seems to be where the issue might lie.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excellent-connection-to-wireless-network-but-sometime-internet-stops-working.869618/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi there I would really appreciate any suggestions for this I unable internet same wireless get network at help, a working Please wired time to and Solved: have searched the internet high and low for a solution I am running Windows xp pro I work as a video editor and where I work we have a wired network sharing video between the different computers at gbps This is on a static IP I also want to use the internet while I am working by connecting to our wireless internet with a wireless adapter via DHCP My problem is if the video network is running my wireless internet constantly goes down every minutes I have found an interesting way to get it to work again is to switch http and http through proxy connections on and Solved: Please help, unable to get a wired network and wireless internet working at same time off until it comes back But after a year of doing this every minutes I AM GETTING REALLY TIRED OF IT Is there any way for me to get these networks working happily at the same time I have read about setting up static ip and dhcp at the same time but when I type in ipconfig all my settings say I am already seem to be running a static ip and dhcp with the wireless wouter Or maybe the sheer volume of the video network will always squeeze out the internet while it is running I am reasonably intelligent and computer literate but no expert any help would be greatly appreciated many thanks Here is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings avidcapture gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Capture Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO MT Network Connect ion Physical Address - - -AE- - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe ff feae Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Primary WINS Server Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description ASUS USB Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -F - - -CC Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe f ff fe cc Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe f Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address A- - - A Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address C -A - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings avidcapture gt nbsp

A:Solved: Please help, unable to get a wired network and wireless internet working at same time

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-please-help-unable-to-get-a-wired-network-and-wireless-internet-working-at-same-time.691805/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I'm using Dell Inspiron 1318 laptop and now i'm facing problem with the wireless network (I mentioned the problem signature below)

Some times i'm able to connect to my wireless netwotk. Some times i'm unable to see even the network name.

Could anyone plz help me regarding this issue.....

Plz Plz Plz Plz Plz Plz

Thank in Advance.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bcmwltry.exe
Application Version: 4.170.25.12
Application Timestamp: 46f3437a
Fault Module Name: StackHash_fe57
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 047592ba
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fe57
Additional Information 2: b3eedd86ec36818914e20718413caf46
Additional Information 3: e2e0
Additional Information 4: 39ec7795224e38810857180f3d829d8c

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409

A:(Urgent Need)Dell Wireless WLAN network controller has stopped working

and welcome to the Forum

Try going to the Dell support site, enter your Service Tag Number and download the wireless card drivers. Be sure to use IE and do not use the Dell Download Manager!

Just download the driver file, save it to the desktop and double click to install

On the list of drivers, click on the driver file:

Then the download button here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/urgent-need-dell-wireless-wlan-network-controller-has-stopped-working-537442.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop . Spilled some liquid and it is not able to connect to internet using Wifi or through ethernet cable.The USB ports also have stopped working so i cannot connect it to a wireless adapter.

Showed this to Geeksquad agent at Bestbuy and he told me that this could be a motherboard problem and nothing much can be done about it.

So basically i have a working laptop that i cannot to internet.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sam

A:Sony Vaio Laptop Wireless and Ethernet Network Connection not working

probably is a mother board
did you dry it out completely

some vaio have a PC expresscard slots - its possible this may work
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExpressCard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-laptop-wireless-and-ethernet-network-connection-not-working.964410/
Relevancy 48.16%

Virgin ar upgrading out internet to mb yay for free yay However at the moment we are using the virgin router to get the internet into the house and then using a Belkin play for the wireless netwrok to get internet the reason for this is that the Belkin router has a USB socket wireless play network simultaneously? network belkin and virgin wireless on it that we have a hard drive plugged into it with all our music on it so that we cna access our music from all the computers around the house This has worked fine fo rus for a while now However with Virgin upgrading the internet they are provinding some new superhub theri words wireless router for free and it makes sense to use it as I suspect it will be faster and able to cope with the mb internet speed We would however like to still access out hard drive from all around the house So is it possible to get out internet from the virgin wireless router and access the hard drive through our Belkin router So we need to access two wireless routers at the same time Is this easy or horrible complicated i will need to set up virgin wireless network and belkin play wireless network simultaneously? computers to do this - is running windows basic windows home premium windows virgin wireless network and belkin play wireless network simultaneously? professional running vista Sandy nbsp

A:virgin wireless network and belkin play wireless network simultaneously?

should be easy , I had to do the same with talktalk supplied router and my linksys router which had the harddrive via usb for music

what you do is here
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together
From a John Will Post

http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Connecting_two_SOHO_broadband_routers_together

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virgin-wireless-network-and-belkin-play-wireless-network-simultaneously.1048065/
Relevancy 46.44%

So recently I've come across this problem in Windows Vista with my laptop where I right-click the network icon in the lower-right icon tray and then select the "connect to network" button that I use to connect to my wireless router... However, when I click on this button, nothing happens. No error message or anything. I even try accessing it through the start menu, control panel, etc. and it does not bring up the window that lists the available wireless connections.

When I had this problem before, I simply did a system restore and it worked, but my restore points have been deleted so now I am stuck. I tried Spy-Bot, AdAware, Norton to check for viruses, but nothing was found. I also tried a clean boot using msconfig to test for software compatibility issues, but that didn't work either.

Any ideas? Could it be a virus or something?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connect-to-network-button-not-working-to-access-wireless-connections-368972.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I ve recently upgraded my internet provider to BT and received a BT Home Hub as the new wireless router Previous to this I was using a wireless Belkin G MIMO ADSL router model number F D - There are places in the house where the wireless signal is very poor Connecting to the internet using either of these routers is difficult in these spots However since the Belkin is now spare I ve been thinking about trying to use it as a low cost repeater i e free to extend the wireless range in the house There are several good articles that I ve found on this a a link routers wireless network between two wireless wireless using Extend site which address the connection of two routers together e g John Will s article on connecting two SOHO routers is a good example but they rely on an ethernet connection between the two routers I m just wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a way to establish a wireless link between the two routers to extend the range of the current wireless network Cheers everyone and thanks in advance nbsp

A:Extend a wireless network using a wireless link between two wireless routers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extend-a-wireless-network-using-a-wireless-link-between-two-wireless-routers.1074102/
Relevancy 44.72%

Every so often, my WiFi on my PC will just stop working. It will disconnect from my wireless network, and then when I try to manually connect, it's not listed. Sometimes a restart works, sometimes it doesn't. This last time I had to restart twice. I know the WiFi router is not having problems, because my phone and AppleTV stay connected and stream just fine. The first times I noticed this, I was actually browsing the web and talking on Steam when it occurred. The last two times however, I left my computer on to finish up some downloads, came back in the morning, and it had disconnected and corrupted my downloads. Any help is greatly appreciated, so thank you in advance.

A:Wireless network disconnects, then fails to see the wireless network

Hello and welcome to 7 Forums ShaneLj.

Is this wifi adapter plugged into your PCi or PCIe slot in the desktop or a USB type adapter?
Would be helpful to also know what brand and model the wifi adapter is in order to Identify any issues that a manufacturer might already have a fix for.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332090-wireless-network-disconnects-then-fails-see-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My wireless card in my Compaq Presario works fine and Windows 8 detects it and said it was compatible. For some strange reason though it's not working in Windows 8. It hasn't detected my wireless network. Currently I am connecting using a cable.
The card is Qualcomm Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WIFI Adaptor.

I am trying to do a Google search on this issue, is it me but is this device not compatible with Windows 8 despite Window 8 saying so? I have updated the drivers through Windows Update, but it still can't find my Wireless network even though Windows 7 did originally before my upgrade.

A:Wireless network card not finding my wireless network ?

I have done a diagnosis and here's what it says (if this helps)

Windows Network Diagnostics
Publisher details

Issues found

Problem with wireless
adapter or access point
Problem
with wireless adapter or access point
Not fixed
[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/error.png[/IMG]

Investigate router or access point issues

Failed

Reset the wireless adapter

Completed

Issues found
Detection details

Problem with wireless adapter or
access point
Not fixed
[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/error.png[/IMG]

Investigate router or access point
issues
Failed

If you're
connected to a hotspot or domain network, contact the network administrator.
Otherwise: 1. Unplug or turn off the device. 2. Once all of the lights on the
device are off, wait at least 10 seconds. 3. Turn the device back on or plug it
back into the power outlet. To restart a router or access point that has a
built-in battery, press and quickly release the Reset
button.

Reset the wireless adapter
Completed

[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/info.png[/IMG]

Network Diagnostics Log

File Name:
7ED87DA3-1B14-4D13-818C-E2F28AF39562.Repair.1.etl

Detection details
[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/collapse.png[/IMG]

Diagnostics Information (Wireless
Connectivity)

Details about wireless connectivity diagnosis: Information for connection being diagnosed Interface GUID: ce41e296-363d-406b-a232-35fcd0cc7e33 Interface name: Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter Interface type: LegacyConnection incident diagnosedList of visible access point(s): 0 item(s) total, 0 item(s) displayedConnection History

Diagnostics Information (Wireless
Connectivity)

Details about wireless connectivity diagnosis: For complete information about this session see the wireless connectivity information event.Helper Class: Auto Configuration Initialise status: SuccessInformation for connection being diagnosed Interface GUID: ce41e296-363d-406b-a232-35fcd0cc7e33 Interface name: Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter Interface type: LegacyResult of diagnosis: Problem foundRoot cause:This computer cannot connect to wireless networksThe wireless network adapter on this computer is not working properly.Detailed root cause:This computer's wireless network adapter is not readyRepair option:Resetting your wireless network adapterThis will disable and then enable the network adapter "WiFi" on this computer.

Network Diagnostics Log

File Name:
7ED87DA3-1B14-4D13-818C-E2F28AF39562.Diagnose.0.etl

Other Networking Configuration and
Logs

File Name:
NetworkConfiguration.cab

Collection information

Computer Name:
SHADOWDAN-PC

Windows Version:

Architecture:
x86

Time:
30 October 2012
21:18:30

Publisher details
[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/expand.png[/IMG]

Windows Network Diagnostics

Detects problems with
network connectivity.

Package Version:

Publisher:
Microsoft Windows

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/11224-wireless-network-card-not-finding-my-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have been experiencing wireless wifi connection problems with my HP Pavilion dv laptop I am running xppro I went from vista to xp pro took a long time network adding adapter G wireless dv6000, HP wireless Belkin Pvilion as I am slow Anyway I read that you can add another wireless network card as a work around in the event that the internal wireless card breaks dies I bought a BelkinWirelss G USB network adapter- F D and tried to install it on this HP Pvilion dv6000, adding Belkin wireless wireless G network adapter laptop I was able to install it on my IBM T and Gateway laptop I had to disable the radio on the gateway before it worked The IBM is HP Pvilion dv6000, adding Belkin wireless wireless G network adapter old and has no built in wireless card ON my HP pavilion dv I slid the wireless button to disable and also went into device manager and disable there too For some reason after loading the Belkin in it does not find any wireless networks I called Belkin and spoke with their help desk but they were not helpful My question short of disabling my HP wireless card do I have to remove the actual software uninstall broadcom so the computer will look only at the belkin software My HP laptop warrantied expired months ago Any help would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pvilion-dv6000-adding-belkin-wireless-wireless-g-network-adapter.802008/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I have an IBM T Thinkpad laptop running Windows XP with CISCO Aironet Client Utility installed to manage my wireless networks I don t understand the point of this utility as I find the Windows XP wireless connection management more reliable and straightforward but I don t know how to disable this thing I would if I could and I have tried although not that Wireless LAN CISCO PCI Auto-Connect Adapter Won't Wireless to (Aironet) Network hard Anyway I was using the CISO Aironet Client Utility or whatever it s called CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network fine then I visited a friend s house and needed to get on his network He started poking around and one day it was working and the next it was broken It kept saying CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network it couldn t find a radio signal or that it was off I came home and it wasn t working for a month or CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network so One day I messed around with it and it started working again Only problem now is whenever I shut down my laptop and re-open it it never reconnects to my wireless connection automatically I always have to do it by hand Any suggestions here How can I get it to reconnect automatically and if I can t how can I get it to use the Windows wireless features that are built in and bypass this CISCO stuff Thanks nbsp

A:CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network

i'll move to netwroking you should get a better response

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cisco-pci-wireless-lan-adapter-aironet-wont-auto-connect-to-wireless-network.875180/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a problem with my home wireless network. My network operatates at 2.4 GHz and so does my home wireless phone. Everytime my phone rings I get disconnected from my wireless network. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

A:Everytime my wireless home phone rings I get disconnected from my wireless network.

Welcome to Tech Spot

Do you have 802 B or 802 G wireless?

When I was in Best Buy, one of the sale people mentioned how 2.4 GHZ phone interferes with 802 B Wireless networks (uses same frequencies).

He mentioned that 802 G wireless network were not affected with the phones.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/everytime-my-wireless-home-phone-rings-i-get-disconnected-from-my-wireless-network.17460/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey guys need some urgent help here I have a program on my computer called Intel R Network - Can't Router Adapter Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Wireless to connect My WiFi Technology which has something to do with my network adapter Intel R WiFi Link BGN I recently had an annoying notice popping up from this program saying The Wireless Network Adaptoor could not be found So I decided that I should find a solution on Intel s forums I came across a thread that discussed my problem and one of Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router the Intel workers mentioned that Uninstalling and Reinstalling the program would be the best solution So I followed the Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router steps and came across a huge problem Turns out that once I removed this program my computer wouldn t connect to my wireless network in my Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router house I went onto my other devices throughout the home and they all seemed to be working fine and that my router was still working fine aswell I went onto my other computer and downloaded the program onto my USB and installed it back onto my original computer There still wasn t any difference and my computer still currently can t connect to my wireless access point I ve rolled back drivers updated them and I ve refreshed wireless network adapters in my Network and Sharing Center in Control Point I m starting to run out of ideas and I really need some help My computer can still detect networks though but I ve discovered it can connect to my Mobile Phone s Access Point meaning I can connect to G through my phone I m suspecting some sort of setting has been changed to connect to my home s wireless but I can t figure out what it is I know that this isn t very detailed and I ve sort of rushed it but if you need anything else from me I d be happy to tell you If you have any possible solutions or have the same problem as I do please do share nbsp

A:Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site.

Delete all wireless profiles. Then try again to connect.

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstalled-reinstalled-wireless-network-adapter-cant-connect-to-wireless-router.1024642/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

I am new to networking and have a simple question for you tech guys!

With this router, is it possible to receive wifi network through a central location and share it with my three computers individually, without having one computer sharing or controlling the connection?

TIA