Windows Support Forum

Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type!

Q: Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type!

About - weeks ago guesstimate I started getting a random window popup at various times while browsing online The semi-odd thing about popup source Unable both chrome of on adware-type & type! find a ie, to new now it is -same type of popup on both ie amp my Chrome browsers - I hadn't downloaded installed anything around then I havenot been able to find their source - Have not found any scan malwarebytes Panda pcpitstop etc that seems to locate it nor does my Winpatrol The popup windows vary Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type! in advertisers but most frequent is for Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type! the game Big Farm They are always fullsized page amp open in a new window not just a new tab with no toolbar etc on top Of course it can get irritating Now as of days ago I've suddenly gotten a new amp BIGGER annoyance Quite often especially when I open my browser amp go to do anything such as switch sites pages open history etc I get a blackish popup come down about over my page and has a video box which seldom starts to play for at least seconds amp below video has a button that says SKIP AD in seconds amp then counts down to then I can hit the skip button amp it goes away It also happens just the same nomatter if I'm using Chrome or ie Any clue If I had an idea of their name or source I should be able to find some sign of their existence in regedit but I don't seem to find any indication anywhere including at top or bottom of screen when they open The two types of popups do not look or act anyway similar related P S I also have checked my extensions etc in each browser amp in my programs Thank you very much for your time amp assistance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type!

Hello angelgabbby I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with one of these just skip it and move on to the next one.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Scan.After the scan is complete click on "Clean"Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.-Junkware-Removal-Tool-Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.When they are complete let me have the two reports and let me know how things are running.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530996/unable-to-find-source-of-adware-type-popup-on-both-chrome-ie-now-a-new-type/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi all,
I am new to this forum..
To start, I had just bought an ASUS computer.. wanting to play games like borderlands 1, left for dead 2 etc. But, when I was very trilled waiting to start the games, both of them had blacked screen and forced shutdown my computer every time after the game has been launched!
I had done many researches in the net, changing the registry values in directx11, reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers (halfway black screen upon reinstalling), changing the compatibility to Windows 7, adding missing physxcudart_20 to the games...None of them works..T-T
Any help is greatly appreciated!

A:Unable to install Nvidia driver and also to play games on Windows 8.1

I'd recommend to do the following:

Perform a clean install of Windows

Re-install Nvidia drivers
Download CPU-Z and GPU-Z (or any CPU and GPU monitoring software)
Monitor both while attempting to play games - check for temperature spikes.
Doing the above will help you rule out a lot of potential issues that are causing your problems. The clean windows install will get rid of any OS related issues. You never want to touch the windows registry unless you really have to, especially if you're not very well versed in the way it works. It can cause way more harm than good. With that said, the system crashes were probably due to a bad driver instillation and was causing a BSOD - most modern systems are set to restart / shutdown when this happens. You'll never know it happened unless you changed the configuration to stop the automatic shutdown. It could also be temperature related, if your CPU or GPU overheats, it'll typically trigger a system crash as well and result in the same BSOD sequence.

Let me know how it goes after you've tried what I've mentioned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-nvidia-driver-and-also-to-play-games-on-windows-8-1.213781/
Relevancy 19.78%

So about a few weeks ago (not exactly sure when it started) my computer stopped allowing me to access certain websites. It started out with only a few, but now it is almost 50-80% not connecting. I do not think it is a problem with my browser. I typically use Firefox, but IE will connect to the same ones Firefox allows, and will also not connect to the same websites Firefox will not allow.

I have searched these forums for a couple of hours now and nothing seems to fit my exact problem, and I am hesitant to use the solutions from other forums because it might further hurt my system. I am not tech-savvy/computer literate to say the least, and I would need a thorough walk-through on how to diagnose the problem, as well as how to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

A:Unable to connect to most websites -- not a browser problem

How are you not allowed to view the website? Does the page show "The page cannot be displayed"? or you are not authorized or something else?

Try running cmd.exe, type "ipconfig /flushdns" without quotes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-most-websites-not-a-browser-problem.177710/
Relevancy 53.75%

At Computex 2015, Intel has announced Thunderbolt 3, a new iteration of the company's high bandwidth hardware interface. And for the first time, Intel has ditched Thunderbolt's proprietary connector, instead opting to funnel everything through the soon-to-be-ubiquitous USB Type-C connector.

Read more

A:Intel launches Thunderbolt 3, will use USB Type-C connector

Can I mention this is f*cking epic!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-launches-thunderbolt-3-will-use-usb-type-c-connector.213614/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have a three month old Dell Dimension GHZ P Gig Ram and a gig SATA Hard Drive When I got the computer I used the files and transfer PC Relocator utility And had in Error system drives did hard Message: disk find Setup not your installed any a bunch of unwanted extras that came with it I m having a Satellite Internet system installed and they wanted a clean install of windows XP So I opened the owner s manual and got out the reinstallation disk and the problems began By the way Dell tech support s only response has been to say gee that s not right and would send a tech sometime after Christmas Anyway heres step by step what I did I boot to the Dell reinstallation disk Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system The windows setup screen appears and loads files The next screen says welcome to setup and offers three options -to setup XP press enters To repair XP press R to exit without installing XP press F I press enter and the following message comes up Setup did not find any hard disk installed in your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected And any disk related configuration is correct ect Press F to quit It dose this if I try repair also Dell had me check the connections to the HD and Motherboard They re good And debug the hard drive No luck Everything worked fine until I put in the reinstallation disk Any help would be welcome nbsp

A:Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system

During Setup, it will ask you if you need any extra drivers such as SCSI (or SATA in your case). If so, press F6. Now you are in trouble, because SATA drivers come on a floppy and new(er) Dells don't have a floppy anymore. Borrow a floppy-drive from another PC and install that in your Dell.
Setting up with the Dell disks, I'm not sure if they are RESTORE-disks or full XP-disks.
That may cause another problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-system.18329/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hello friends
i am unable to get sound from the external speakers , when the speaker jack is connected to the cpu i hear sound from the internal speakers, how do i get my external speakers working

regards
Shiv

A:Unable to hear from the hear external speakers

shiv said:

Hello friends
i am unable to get sound from the external speakers , when the speaker jack is connected to the cpu i hear sound from the internal speakers, how do i get my external speakers working

regards
ShivClick to expand...

How about some more info about your system man?

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic33297.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-hear-from-the-hear-external-speakers.174073/
Relevancy 54.18%

It's been years in the making but USB Type-C finally made its grand entrance this past week on Apple's new MacBook and Google's new Chromebook Pixel 2 a day later. While it's great to finally see the successor to modern-day USB,...

Read more

A:USB Type-C is still susceptible to its predecessor's flaws

I don't get this. How can you infect a 220V wall charger which is just a step-down transformer in it's basic form with a virus? How can such a thing retain any data? It has no AI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-type-c-is-still-susceptible-to-its-predecessors-flaws.210087/
Relevancy 19.78%

A while ago, after accidentally opening the Store app, Windows forced me to restart to install Windows 8.1, which I was unable to weeks before because of driver issues. I didn't need Windows 8.1 yet, so I didn't download it before then.

However, during the installation, it failed (again) due to either my antivirus or the aforementioned driver issues. Upon logging back in, my computer was unable to find any WiFi networks. Seeing as I live in the middle of a densely populated city, this isn't possible. Plugging in an ethernet cord still works, so no issues with that adapter or my home internet. I checked all the drivers for my WiFi adapter, and my Ethernet adapter, and both are up to date and display as working properly. Restarting several times didn't seem to fix this issue, and using system restore didn't seem to work either. I used the Troubleshooting tool, and that didn't give my any helpful advice or answers, so I got nothing.

What can I do to fix this issue?

For reference, I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver Version 6.30.95.14, and a Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Driver Version 2.1.0.7.

A:Unable to connect to WiFi after failed Windows 8.1 update

Never mind, it seems to have resolved itself overnight after I put it to sleep for several hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-after-failed-windows-8-1-update.210268/
Relevancy 50.74%

Google released the original Chromebook Pixel a little over two years ago. At $1,299, the system didn't make a ton of sense for most but what it did was serve as an example of what a high-end Chromebook could look...

Read more

A:Chromebook Pixel 2015: Great build quality, fast, USB Type-C and cheaper (but still too expensive)

Brick-ish.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/chromebook-pixel-2015-great-build-quality-fast-usb-type-c-and-cheaper-but-still-too-expensive.209610/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello!

I recently went into my AMD Control Center to learn what graphics card I had installed (I have a pre-built PC), and I've encountered a problem.

When I go to the information tab, all it tells me is that my GPU is part of the Radeon R7 200 series. I already knew this, but this doesn't tell me which specific GPU I have in that series (I.e. 250, 250X, 260, 260X, etc). This is what I need to know. I've already tried looking using my Device Manager, and same as the CCC, all it tells me is its in the Radeon R7 200 family.

How can I learn what specific GPU I have (screenshot of CCC below)?

EDIT: I've also looked at it using my DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Same problem.

EDIT 2: I'd also prefer to learn this without downloading any 3rd party software, but I will do that if it comes to it.

A:How can I find out what specific GPU I have?

TechPowerUp GPU-Z

Main Features

Supports NVIDIA, ATI and Intel graphics devices
Displays adapter, GPU and display information
Displays overclock, default clocks and 3D clocks (if available)
Includes a GPU load test to verify PCI-Express lane configuration
Validation of results
GPU-Z can create a backup of your graphics card BIOS
No installation required, optional installer is available
Support for Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 (both 32 and 64 bit versions are supported)
.. and yes, the author of CPU-Z has granted us permission to use a name similar to his product. Thanks Franck.

And then match the specifications (memory bandwidth and stream processing units (aka: shaders)) with the details from this link.
http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/desktop/r7#

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-find-out-what-specific-gpu-i-have.208993/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi guys, I have set up a RAID 0 array using an XFX Revo64 controller card and the Netcell bios setup that cones with it. According to the Netcell bios the array is working but booting into 8.1 I cannot find the drive in explorer and device manager shows the Revo64 as "Generic Mass Storage Controller ".

I am very new to Raid this is the first array I have tried to setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards,
Jay

A:Windows 8.1 cannot find RAID array

Why not use the RAID card as more sata ports and then use windows to make your RAID array? I've never used a controller but im sure that it would work for that purpose.
just go on youtube and find a video on how to setup RAID in windows 8. I know its possible for windows 7 to im pretty sure 8.1 will have it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-1-cannot-find-raid-array.208501/
Relevancy 20.21%

This all started after I reset the router putting in new pass code I m using same name of the old SSID When you click to Windows SSID was to unable connect on the wireless network connection on the name of my SSID on connect it saying Getting information from SSID this sounds like Windows was unable to connect to SSID good thing that windows can see the router and talk to it Type in the network key same thing looks like windows can see the router and talk Windows was unable to connect to SSID to it I type in the network key and OK Than it is saying windows was unable to connect to SSID name I have set up other computers and it can connect but this one computer running windows cannot I have the pass code down on paper and other computers can connect So wrong pass code is not the case The only thing I can think of is is computers using the old profile or my network card may need to be reset When I open networking sharing center and click on manage wireless networks I removed the old profiles in the list But I m not sure if there is still some kind of conflict or the old setting still there some where Well because I m using the same SSID despite the router reset and new pass code I m not sure why I cannot connect unless Windows was unable to connect to SSID the windows thinks I m connecting to the old SSID I tried to restart the computer and no change nbsp

A:Windows was unable to connect to SSID

Force the system to forget that SSD and then reboot.
Now look for it again and enter the passphrase.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-ssid.207365/
Relevancy 20.21%

So I have a very strange issue with my laptop.
It's a Toshiba a665-06f
I7 [email protected]
8gb ram
500gb Samsung ssd
Running Windows 8.1 pro

I can't get into the bios it boots in less than 10 secs, I've even tryed removing the hdd to get it to boot to the bios but it just sits at a blank screen when I do that. I've tryed tapping the all the f keys the del and esc on start cant get into the bios or even the boot options. Other than not booting into the bois it works great.
Any ideas please?

A:Unable to access bios

"Other than not booting into the bios, it works great"... So this means you can boot into Windows normally, and use the laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-access-bios.206928/
Relevancy 19.78%

The (Tp internet connect to 740n) router link via Unable to router worked fine in the past until recently my ISP had a break in the cable line and repaired it Now I am unable to connect to the internet If Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n) I connect the ISP s LAN cable directly to PC windows and do the following steps Control panel gt View network stats and tasks Setup a new connection or network gt Connect to the internet gt Next Broadband PPPOE gt Next Type in username password gt Connect Internet works fine This means there is no problem with the internet connection However if I connect the ISP s LAN cable to the quot blue quot port of the router and the short LAN cable to my PC then do the following steps Open http tplinklogin net It shows me router config page Click Quick setup gt Next Select PPPoE gt Next Type in username password gt Next Leave the Wireless Page untouched gt Next Click Reboot Wait till router reboots It does not work the router page shows quot Connecting quot but does not connect at all Here s the router log TL-WR N System Log Time - - s H-Ver WR N v S-Ver Build Rel n L M W PPPoE W M G st day OTHER INFO User clear system log st day PPP NOTICE PPPoE start connecting st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x nbsp

A:Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n)

Please help me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-internet-via-router-tp-link-740n.206843/
Relevancy 20.64%

I'm attempting to connect my laptop to my Wi-Fi but I'm having problems. I'm able to connect other devices with no problems, but when I try connection my laptop I get a "limited connection" message with a yellow triangle. Someone please help!! Tell me what info about my laptop you need from me.

A:Unable to connect to Wi-Fi

"Other devices"? Do you mean other WiFi networks? If so, then reboot your router. Also make sure your laptop's wireless can handle what your router is outputting (ac, n? 2.4vs5.8Ghz).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wi-fi.205919/
Relevancy 20.21%

I've never come across this and need a few more heads on this. All of a sudden this evening I am unable to upload to the internet. I've tried uploading to Facebook, gmail, and drop box all with a laptop, galaxy tab, HTC one phone, ( these three on wireless internet) and our hp desktop (hard wired). I can download from each program with all devices as well as browse internet and play YouTube videos. I've rebooted each device. Rebooted modem, router, as well as removed the router from the equation. I had my local isp (Wow! Internet) reboot their end twice. They say they have no problems in our area and it's not on their end.... Anyone ran across this or have any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-upload-can-download.205781/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there In the last month my current laptop has pretty much died on me I can only Laptop New Find a to Struggling use it for a short period without it switching off due to overheating and the power cable is so loose that if I move much then it loses connection and also goes dead So I m looking to replace it as soon as possible My budget isn t particularly big Struggling to Find a New Laptop around I m from the UK so pounds and I could really do with some help in finding something suitable I only do fairly ordinary sort of things - surfing office stuff watching videos a bit of light gaming some web design and listening to music However due to illness I m currently housebound so my laptop is even more crucial than ever as it keeps me connected to the outside world and provides a huge amount of my entertainment So I really want to get it right One of my main concerns was wanting something that was going to last I hate the thought of having to buy another laptop in a couple of years time so was hoping I could get something that would still be decent and working in well more than years time I d also like it to be quick My current laptop is so slow now so speed is important I m not really concerned about how it looks portability and battery life though As long as it can sit on my lap without being too heavy I m not fussed Oh and not overheat So I ve been doing as much research as I can but for the life of me am unable to find something that fits my criteria and is within my budget Every one I ve looked at either has a load of reviews trashing it or is lacking in some area I m not willing to give way on I ve tried Lenovo s either too expensive or rubbish reviews ASUS same as Lenovo Toshiba s and HP s poor reviews Mac s are out of my league with UK pricing ditto for most Sony s and I ve had an Acer in the past which has put me off them completely Which leaves me with very little Although I fully accept reviews aren t always the best way to judge things Specs I would ideally like Processor i I could be persuaded i would be fine Ram GB Ram Hard Drive GB HD or ideally would prefer SSD but with my budget I know it ll be tough Probably buy one after and install it myself Graphics Integrated graphics is fine I think Screen - inches Resolution x at the least really want x and maybe a touchscreen although not a deal-breaker Also - matte not glossy if possible Not fussed about DVD drive Trying to avoid a fairly flimsy plastic build Battery life isn t that essential as won t be moving it around much Would like it to be cool and not get hot Going back over that I think I may be asking for far too much in regards to my budget but here s hoping The biggest problem is not so much finding models with those specs but doing so within my budget I don t really want to spend over which is I believe but unfortunately the prices in the US don t match up in the UK Everything is far far more expensive and so limits your options massively And as the majority of the websites are offering reviews based on US prices it becomes a bit of a nightmare I ve also started looking at hybrid tablets to see if that would be more suitable for me but I m still as lost with those too The new ASUS TP looked interesting but I can t find it anywhere in the UK I like the idea of a hybrid but not as my main machine and I doubt I could afford a regular laptop AND hybrid I even considered giving up some of my specs and getting a cheaper laptop but combining it with also getting an iPad tablet but can t decide if that would work or is a ridiculous idea Basically I m stumped So I could really do with some help Really any advice or recommendation would be hugely appreciated I m just getting really desperate to find something Thanks a lot - Andy nbsp

A:Struggling to Find a New Laptop

You are not the only one finding such decisions hard. I have a second hand Sony laptop which I repaired and have fitted with an SSD drive. It's really fast compared with a standard laptop but I was horrified by how difficult it was to take the laptop apart even for cleaning. In general, laptop design has been awful and buying something at great expense which then conks out after maybe two years makes buyers wary of purchasing a replacement.

When the next iPad launches around October I will probably be buying one. A computer is useful for plenty of tasks though so owning both seems justifiable. Perhaps you could go for a basic laptop and budget to install an SSD drive. A touch screen laptop will cost silly money but SSD's are not that dear for say 240/250Gb storage. Forget fast processors which are likely to run hot. It would be useful but probably hard to find out how easy it is to disassemble a particular laptop to reach the parts that accumulate dust and dirt. I don't know much about laptops but I have a Dell which seems very sensibly designed.

I repaired my son's Sony laptop over a year ago but in the meantime he bought an iPad. Although the laptop is now working fine he uses the iPad for practically everything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/struggling-to-find-a-new-laptop.204777/
Relevancy 52.46%

My year old ACER Aspire keyboard just stop working in a couple of capacities First the numbers on the key wouldn t type at all Checked Num Lock fine then stopped some thing... Laptop working wrong the type and keys tried to type numbers at top of keyboard well some typed the right number but most didn t or typed more than one number Ran Webroot Anti-spyware and Anti-Virus clean Then I shook my computer to see if any crumbs or foreign materials were throwing something off clean Took out battery nada Restored computer to the day before any problems Changed nothing Pressed every Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing... key to see if something was stuck or key broken None The Delete Backspace Enter and Space Bar do NOT work at all So basically the entire keyboard is not working due Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing... to something If I type any one key some of them type what I wanted but continue to type the letter or number until I log out of my Google Engine I have always had issues with the keyboard I will be typing along and the cursor will randomly go back to previous sentences and start typing what I am currently typing It is so annoying Why is it hopping all over the place A computer major friend who teaches computer classes said to write to Google and maybe I would find others with similar problems I found several quot sticky keys quot problems but none on point with none of the keys working or working properly He suggested perhaps a Trojan Horse virus but my sweeps come up clean Can anyone help me Thank you Shawnascy nbsp

A:Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing...

It could be a virus. But It also could just be your keyboard is bad. You may need to take it to your local repair shop if it. Is a laptop and have them check the keyboard out for you. I really do not think it is a virus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-stopped-working-and-some-type-the-wrong-thing.204613/
Relevancy 22.36%

Im going to college next month me Help find laptop a and I want to make my tech setup smaller and am switching Help me find a laptop to a laptop My price range is up to about a little flexible if need be BUILD QUALITY IS IMPORTANT TO ME I wont Help me find a laptop be throwing it around but I will be carrying it in a backpack places I AM CAREFUL with my tech Every laptop ive had in a while has had serious cooling problems so one that is capable of keeping itself at operating temperature even under a highish load youd think that would be mandatory xD I will be using this for schoolwork lowish poly d modeling unity d work including C coding and some gaming For a CPU I am looking for an i or a really nice i id prefer for it to be at least preferably faster obviously as fast in a general sense as my desktops core quad Q GB of ram but that seems pretty commonplace in this price range a p screen A GPU capable of running pretty much any game id want not regarding settings I think the most demanding game I will play for a while is bioshock infinite and id be fine with low med I play mostly older games but I would like to be a little future proof even if at low settings I cant do below FPS As much as it kills me I don t think ill be playing star citizen either or quot doesnt matter as long as its at least things that are super nice but not a neccessity USB I hope its standardish by now backlit keyboard Any questions let me know Its worth noting that im merely considering a laptop so if I cant get anything close to what I want I might just upgrade the desktop and throw it in a smaller case or something ive just got so many gadgets now id like to make my setup smaller ive got a desktop monitors keyboard mouse speakers standing mic on my desk with an xbox under it then ive got my convertible laptop ipod touch PSP and flip cell phone I want to downsize xD nbsp

A:Help me find a laptop

The Lenovo Y50 seems to be your best bet. It has some beastly specs for $1050. The Y40 has a 14 inch screen (even though you don't want one below 15.6") but is a lower price. The graphics card is a bit lower spec but will do and is a bargain at $800 (you aren't going to find many computers with dedicated GPUs at this price point). The problem with these laptops is the weight, size, and battery life. But the cooling is phenomenal.

Do you care about battery life or lightness?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-find-a-laptop.203965/
Relevancy 19.78%

As the title says I'm trying to connect my HP3050 printer to my computer wirelessly. Problem is I get this:

The story goes that in the past week or so we swapped to a different internet provider and have swapped out the old modem/router for one that the new company has provided.
Prior to this no problems at all.

How do I counter this, I.e. remove the problem of what appears to be the availability of two routers, the new and the old?

Thanks,
Tom.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-my-hp3050-printer-wirelessly.202822/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have this dell laptop, XPS M1330 that I bought new the ship date was 01/08/2008. I have been wanting to upgrade to a SSD but I don't know what kind of connector the system board has on it. It is some of SATA connector but it has separate power connector. I am hoping someone can tell me what type of connector this is and do they make a SSD with this type of connector.

You can view the photo I took of the drive here: https:[email protected]/13177305443/

A:Connection type?

Those connectors are SATA and SATA power (the longer one is SATA power). No idea how it works on a laptop though, I think the connectors just are fixed in place where the old HDD was. Before buying an SSD though, make sure it fits in the old space and you should be good, correct me if I'm wrong on any of this though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-type.200878/
Relevancy 20.21%

I bought a Samsung 840 SSD (120GB) for my gigabyte GA-770T-USB3 motherboard. I am unable to install win 7 64bit on it. It is a SATA SSD.

I have tried ACHD mode in the BIOS, I have tried IDE mode. The drive works as I have tested it as an external drive on other computers.

I bought the drive specifically to be used as a primary drive.

My regular hard drives work fine on the motherboard.

A:Unable to install SSD on Win7 x64 system

Well, first of all, your motherboard only supports 3GB/s and the 840 is a 6GB/s drive. Just by that you won't really get your moneys worth. And how so are you unable to install? Also can you please list your system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-ssd-on-win7-x64-system.190141/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello everyone,

I'm using windows 7 on my pc and try to connect to my home wireless connection .
every time I try to connect and enter the password, it won't be connected.
However, I'm using my laptop and phone to connect and it worked properly.

Please help my problem
Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 unable to connect to wireless connection

How is your wireless Configured. I have seen many issues when using mixed mode in certain Linksys or Cisco Products. What kind of adapter are you using on y our PC for wireless Connection? Has it ever worked?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-unable-to-connect-to-wireless-connection.199928/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello
guys please I need your help, my laptop keep saying
Unable to connect to the proxy server what can I do to fit it please

A:Unable to connect to the proxy server

You are getting this message because the laptop can't find a wireless network to connect to...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-the-proxy-server.199618/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am finding this problem to be a bit of a puzzler I have pc s networked together and connected to the internet through a switch and Unable the browse internet 7 to Windows then to a BTrouter all connected via Ethernet cabling None will connect to any page using IE one Unable to browse the internet Windows 7 has google chrome that will open google do a search if Unable to browse the internet Windows 7 I type in a subject but if I try to open one of the found pages it won t open them if I type in a website address same problem If I go into windows Live mail it will send and receive mails suggesting to me that internet is connected I have ran scans with Combofix and Malwarebytes which found next to nothing and booted into safe mode but still no success I can access the software on the routers so that connection is fine Have rebooted router and also changed the router for a different make and still no success both routers seem to tell me that broadband is connected This was all working OK some days ago and then all stopped working Any suggestions would be gratefully received nbsp

A:Unable to browse the internet Windows 7

Let's try this; using an Admin user login, get the command prompt and then enter:

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "dns client"
Quit any existing browser, restart a browser and try Google again.
If you can run like this (btw: it will be slower to resolve the url), then we need to investigate youretc\hosts file. If you still can't surf the net correctly, we need to dig deeper.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-browse-the-internet-windows-7.198415/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there
and really thanks
this is usefull tut
I want to find live ip s on my isp provider ?
how can I find all live ip s from my isp ?
I run the tracert www.google .com and find my isp s ip but now how can find out all live ip on my isp ?
please help me ?!!!
thanks again

Moderator note: This post moved from another thread.

A:How can I find all live ips from my isp?

Any ISP worth $0.02 would block your attempt to scan for these ... Virus' use this too and thus this is always suspect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-find-all-live-ips-from-my-isp.197913/
Relevancy 19.35%

My TB Western Digital External hard disc is not working My laptop switched off suddenly while copying files After restarted my laptop when I try to open my External hard disc drive G I m getting the message as quot Location is not available G is not accessible The drive cannot find the sector requested quot The Properties of the drive shows as Type Local Disk File system Used space bytes Free space bytes when clicking My computer- gt Manage- gt Disk Management under Storage in left find External cannot not drive - "The requested" the is hard working disc sector side I can able to see my External hard disc drive G The "The drive cannot find the sector requested" - External hard disc is not working File System shows as quot RAW quot before it was NTFS Free as but I got around TB data Also I checked in different laptops but it shows the same error And finally I checked with quot Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows quot it passed the test I m so afraid about my datas stored in the hard disc All my projects photos and many important files stored in that hard disc I dont know what the problem is I cant find any solutions in Internet Please help me to solve this problem Thanks in advance nbsp

A:"The drive cannot find the sector requested" - External hard disc is not working

Hey Allen. I would call Western Digital support and see what they say.Since you have data on it you need, I wouldn't play around with it, get some answers from the drive makers, and as is always said, have important data backed up in at least 2 different places, with at least one being to CD/DVD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-drive-cannot-find-the-sector-requested-external-hard-disc-is-not-working.197220/
Relevancy 22.36%

One of my Western Digital TB hard drives went south curiously I ve only ever had such problems with WD hard drives - at least of them failed prematurely There were read errors and then soon the MBR partition table effectively vanished so the drive showed without any partitions at all There were about partitions or NTFS and non-standard ones They were all quot basic quot MBR partitions not GPT or whatever So I made a sector-by-sector in to than How other find partitions MBR? copy to a new Seagate TB drive then ran the windows-based app quot Active Partition Recovery quot on the new drive I used the quot SuperScan quot feature and it quot found quot approximately potentially recoverable partitions gah - I should have used the quot QuickScan quot mode instead However it didn t couldn t identify the two non-standard partitions which is understandable But I m hoping I might be able to find those two with a manual search using a hex editor But how I ve read several discussions of the contents of the MBR Partition Table that strongly suggest that the ONLY place the partitions are defined is in the Partition Table of the MBR rather than say at the front of any given partition itself But that CAN T be How to find partitions other than in MBR? correct can it After all the Active Partition Recovery tool found possible partitions -- How to find partitions other than in MBR? without any MBR Partition Table whatsoever -- by examining the data through the full length of the drive Therefore it seems to me that there must be some signature or whatever at the start of the partition itself or else the tool couldn t have found anything at all Am I wrong I have the exact sizes of the two non-standard partitions and I have old cloned copies of those partitions that I can use to obtain the data from the first sector or whatever to provide a hex pattern I can search for on the new hard drive Please check my thinking here I think that if I can perform a hex search to find the first sector of each non-standard partition I can then insert that sector number and the known partition size into the MBR to quot re-create quot them Is that possible How hard would it actually be considering that I d have to try to deal with the whole quot extended logical partition quot business since there were more than total partitions But a critical question remains What do the quot partition signatures quot in the first sector actually look like assuming they exist Thanks enormously to anyone who can help nbsp

A:How to find partitions other than in MBR?

The MBR is not in the partition table(s) but in sector 0 of the HD.

Only RARELY does anyone (or software) play with the partition type numbers as getting it wrong and the P.T. gets creamed.

If you *must* know, see this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-find-partitions-other-than-in-mbr.195927/
Relevancy 19.78%

Problem:
I have a PC that has to connect to a server through a modem for security reasons.
While it is connected to the modem, a screen needs to be printed.
The printer that is being used is connected to the local network.
While connected to the modem, attempting to print gives the error "The RPC server is unavailable."

System:
Windows XP Professional SP3
Printer server is Windows Server 2008
Modem is old 56k modem connected by serial port (don't think that matters)

What I've tried:
I have tried modifying the routing table to force connections to the subnet that the computer and printer are hosted on.
route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0 METRIC 40 IF 0x2
ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53, ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2 is the integrated NIC
The RPC service is running, and I have also started the RPC locator

Any suggestions what I should do next?

A:Unable to print to network printer while connected to modem

These are correct

ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53,
ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2
but this is not

route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0
and should not be necessary at all, if the PC gateway is on 10.1.61.x

Instead, get the output of ROUTE PRINT and post that

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-print-to-network-printer-while-connected-to-modem.195362/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have an ADSL Sagem ST2504 wireless router and it seems that my neighbour maybe using it.

I currently have it password protected with a TKIP password and i think someone has hacked it and is using it.

Can somebody please help me in how to tell if someone is using it and how i can stop them.

Thanks

A:Can I find out whether or not some other IP address is using my wireless Internet?

You should be able to see which computers are connected to your network from your routers home page... usually 192.168.2.1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-find-out-whether-or-not-some-other-ip-address-is-using-my-wireless-internet.163018/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi. I use a 1tb external hard drive to store music, photos and movies. I use it on my Imac, also on my Asus e-book. I see that the external hard drive is partitioned into two. How or why I don't know. What I do know is that the first part is now full, and I cant see the second part when plugged into the USB on either computer. Could anyone help me by suggesting how I can access the second 500gig? Id appreciate answers in plain English, I really dont understand more than the basics, and the clearer ans simpler the answers the more I will learn, and thanks to all those about to read this !

A:Unable to access both partitions on external hard drive

Back-up all your data on the first partition.​
Right click on "My computer" and click "manage".This should take you to the computer management screen.​
Look at the left, you should see an option that says "Disk Management"; Click on it.​
You should be able to see all the disc partitions, find your External HDD partitions.​
Right-Click on the 2nd partition and delete it.​
After that right click on your first partition and select the option to "Extend Partition"​
​If you are confused, or need confirmation for anything please don't hesitate to ask.​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-access-both-partitions-on-external-hard-drive.195074/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey all new here Hoping for some advice Last night I was playing my games when suddenly my Bigfoot Network Adapter crashed I rebooted thrice attempting to have it come back to no avail I began using my Wireless adapter in its place The next morning I booted up to find that the Bigfoot Network Adapter had come back but with an issue My computer is showing that it is connected to the network and I can read all network computers and access copy write files to other systems on the network The issue is I have no internet on my computer I have tried booting multiple games with them crashing they never crashed as such before even with Internet' 'Access type: Internet no but no internet and tried even booting Skype which crashed when attempting to connect to the internet I m afraid I ve done some tweaking that I shouldn t have considering I was attempting to run my game with lowest ping But I ve only used installable proxy programmed such as SmoothPing and FixMyLag Any help would be appreciated Please PC Specs Intel Core i GHz GB Corsair Vengeance GB Vertex SSD Windows Ultimate SP If there s anything I ve missed do tell New to this fixing 'Access type: Internet' but no Internet stuff Cj nbsp

A:'Access type: Internet' but no Internet

Have you reinstalled your WLAN drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/access-type-internet-but-no-internet.194794/
Relevancy 30.53%

During my recent times playing CSS ive been getting told im lagging all over the place, but to me everything seems fine. SOO I need help to fix this lag of mine. I play on a laptop over wifi.
my laptop:
Asus
model: Q500A
processor: intel core i5-3210M
RAM: 6GB

My laptop is currently having problems with it too such as when I try to shut down it'll take like 5 minutes or wont at all and sometimes loses connection to the wifi and I wont be able to open the list of available wifi, but when I can it wont show or connect so I have to restart my laptop.

A:STEAM: Counter strike source lag, how to fix?

You're playing on wifi on a probably bad Internet connection. Sometimes even though it looks okay to you, you're in fact lagging.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/steam-counter-strike-source-lag-how-to-fix.194437/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all,

So I'm upgrading my motherboard from an ASRock which has caused me nothing but problems since I got it to a MSI. They both are intel socket motherboards. My question is, how do I go about doing this? I would prefer to keep my files from my prior build but I have read that it is necessary that I reinstall my OS before I install my motherboard. I realize I can backup my PC's files and then reinstall them once I've installed the new motherboard but are there things that I should be mindful about while working on this process?

I have a lot of specific questions about this process. So maybe a step by step instruction or something like that would be a good place to start and I can see if I have questions from there.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-motherboard-to-a-new-brand-but-same-socket-type.193961/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello. I want to find out why Windows does this cheking to my Memory Card. It happened while booting. After "Checking file system on D:
The type of the file system is FAT32." and other stuffs like: "Unrecoverable error in folder \System Volume Information\catalog.wci.", or "\Sounds\FosterThePeople-PumpedUpKicks(ButchClancyRMX).mp3 first allocation unit is not valid. The entry will be truncated." and "Cross link resolved by copying.
\Images\IMG00502-20121218-1525.jpg is cross-linked on allocation unit 6984." After this proces Windows started normaly. I've cheked my documents on the card and found out that some images were damaged and some old music appeared, but only samples, from about 18 seconds to 56. I foud, also, a "BOOTEX.LOG" file, written in Notepad. Could you explain what happened, please? &sorry if there are some bad spelled words.

A:Checking file system on D: The type of the file system is FAT32

It perhaps got removed incorrectly while some programs still had the file data open/in memory. I'd pull everything off the card, format it, and put the data back.

What is the card in? Does it have to be FAT32? Could you use ExFAT instead?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/checking-file-system-on-d-the-type-of-the-file-system-is-fat32.193835/
Relevancy 21.93%

OK so I have Sager np9150 Gaming laptop with nvidia 670m 1.5gb ram graphic card and integrated intel hd 4000.

the monitor I'm trying to connect to is a Lg Flattron wide. I bought a hdmi to dvi adapter cable so that I can hook the hdmi side to my laptop and the dvi side to my monitor since it doesn't have a hdmi slot.

before plugging the hdmi side into the laptop my monitor say check signal cable. when I plug the hdmi side into my laptop the check signal cable disappear and it say digital power saving and then it stay in that mode.

A:My laptop cannot find external monitor

Right-click on your desktop, click Screen resolution, set to Extend these displays.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-cannot-find-external-monitor.192563/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey,
I have a Zotac GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition graphics card. I have been trying to install my graphics card for quite some time now :/ When I open the installation driver, it says "nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware". I cannot find my graphics card in the device manager. The only graphics card I can find is the inbuilt Intel graphics. Can someone help me install my driver? Thanks!

A:Nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware

Should I uninstall my Intel driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-graphics-driver-could-not-find-compatible-hardware.192314/
Relevancy 22.36%

RAM Memory- CORSAIR Vengeance LP GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model CML GX M A C - on Newegg ca Video Graphics Card- EVGA SuperClocked G-P - -KR GeForce parts these anyone find me? for cheaper Can GTX GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - on Newegg ca CPU Processor- Intel Core i - K Ivy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Can anyone find these parts cheaper for me? Intel HD Graphics BX I K - on Newegg ca Hard Drive- WD Black WD FAEX TB Desktop Hard Drive - quot SATA Gbps RPM MB Cache - on Tigerdirect ca SSD- SanDisk SDSSDP- G-G quot GB SATA Internal Solid State Drive SSD - on Newegg ca DVD Drive Burner- x ASUS X DVD Burner - Bulk X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW- B ST BLK B AS - OEM each - on Newegg ca Motherboard- ASUS P Z -V LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard - on Newegg ca Case- COOLER MASTER Storm Enforcer SGC- -KWN Black SECC ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ATX PS EPS V optional Power Supply - on Newegg ca Power Supply- CORSAIR HX Series HX W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - on Newegg ca Monitor- ASUS VH H Glossy Black quot ms Widescreen Full HD p LCD Monitor cd m ASCR w Speakers amp HDMI - on Newegg ca OS- Windows - on Tigerdirect ca nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-anyone-find-these-parts-cheaper-for-me.190809/
Relevancy 20.21%

First post and here is the story I have an old broken XP laptop A friend loaned me his IDE SATA to USB cable so I could get some files off the hard drive I proceeded from computer another one Unable data to get to to connect and download what I wanted o my Acer windows computer I put everything into a folder I can open that folder and read the Docs and Unable to get data from one computer to another look at the pictures no problem I copied the info to an external HDD I tried to download it to my wife s laptop but it is not there I tried to load the same info on to a Cruzer Flash drive and transfer it the same way The folder is empty is what I get when I click on the flash drive letter If I put it back into my computer I can read it If I click properties of the drive it shows the space being used I also tried to put the info onto a laptop at work same thing If I add an unrelated file onto the flash drive it works normally These files are possessed Help I guess you can t edit the title nbsp

A:Unable to get data from one computer to another

It could be because you could have "hide hidden files/folders" checked. Just a guess, good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-get-data-from-one-computer-to-another.190609/
Relevancy 22.36%

I m looking for a laptop before I go to Germany It needs to be points are ordered in importance but none should be skimped on A third generation i processor A screen resolution of at least x GB SSD or a hybrid of HDD and SSD Somewhere around quot - quot not quot that s too small Thin and light enough to carry around with me everywhere Have at least a MP webcam and good reviews I know of some MP webcams that everyone says are terrible Long battery a laptop to find Trying life Trying to find a laptop Some other points that would be preferred but aren t absolutely necessary are Internal Optical Disk Drive Ethernet plug in available Touch Screen Windows I Trying to find a laptop should also note that while the retina MBP does satisfy pretty much everything It s just not my thing I d prefer a Windows laptop Also there is no price restriction here Right now I m leaning towards getting the Series quot Premium Ultrabook NP X C On Samsung s website it is listed at The only thing is that it doesn t satisfy any of the Trying to find a laptop three quot wants quot that I have listed and I m not sure if I could find a better webcam elsewhere Here s a link to the Series quot Premium Ultrabook NP X C http www samsung com us computer laptops NP X C-A US-specs Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Trying to find a laptop

No price restriction? Get the MBP then and dual-boot with Win8.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-find-a-laptop.189229/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi,

I am having issues with network adaptor on my Sony Vaio (Windows Vista). When I try to connect to a network it is not showing any networks in range however I am sitting right next to my wireless router. If use USB Wireless Adaptor dongle it is correctly finding all available networks and I can connect to my network.

I checked in device manager and I can see

Without USB Wireless Adaptor
Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN
Marvell Yukon 88E8055 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

With USB Wireless Adaptor
Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN
Marvell Yukon 88E8055 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Realtek RTL8191SU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter

Not sure if this is due to some loose connection or my network card is not working.

Appreciate if you can help me identify and fix this problem.

Thanks
AT

A:Network adaptor not able to find any networks

Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-adaptor-not-able-to-find-any-networks.187793/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi I rebbot my PC recently and my audio is not working Im don't find audio SOS controller looking for the right driver for several days and nothing I tried several times and I don t know what to do more I have a TOSHIBA SATELLITE with Windows XP sp I pass Everest in my PC I copy the most important parameters down If I look the problems in my PC I can see that - Controladora de sonido multimedia AUDIO PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV amp AAA amp amp FD Los controladores de este dispositivo no est n instalados - Controladora de v deo PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp AAA amp amp Los controladores de SOS don't find audio controller este dispositivo no est n instalados - Controladora de v deo compatible VGA PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp AAA amp amp Los SOS don't find audio controller controladores de este dispositivo no est n instalados - M dem PCI PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV amp AAA amp amp FE Los controladores de este dispositivo no est n instalados No disponible ACPI TOS amp DABA FF amp Los controladores de este dispositivo no est n instalados Please can anyone help me thanks a lot Irene PS everest report Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Computer Name IRENE-PORTATIL User Name Irene Motherboard CPU Type Mobile Intel Celeron M MHz x Motherboard Name TOSHIBA Portable PC Motherboard Chipset Intel Montara-GM i GME System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Toshiba Display Video Adapter Intel Extreme Graphics D Accelerator Intel Extreme Graphics Multimedia Audio Adapter Intel DBM ICH -M - AC Audio Controller B- Storage IDE Controller Intel R DBM UltraATA Storage Controller - CA Disk Drive SAMSUNG HM HC GB IDE Disk Drive Kingston DataTraveler USB Device MB USB Disk Drive Ut USB FlashStorage USB Device MB USB Optical Drive MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S DVD RW x x DVD-RW x x DVD-RAM x DVD-ROM x CD x x x DVD RW DVD-RW DVD-RAM SMART Hard Disks Status OK nbsp

A:SOS don't find audio controller

I tried also to check with this tool of Intel and it doesn't found the drivers...
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

Audio Driver for Intel Desktop Board
Product Detected Controladora de sonido multimedia
Current Driver Installed
This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates. More information>>

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sos-dont-find-audio-controller.187189/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all!

I have one problem need help.
My computer before have 2 drives (80 GB) drive C is 40 GB, my pc is got virus so I decide to reinstall win xp sp2 after I setup I cannot find my drive D: even on Disk Management,
I also take my Hard Disk to connect with other computer still cannot find it,
Please help me,
thank

A:Cannot find drive D after reinstall Windows XP SP2

Is drive D an optical drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-find-drive-d-after-reinstall-windows-xp-sp2.186712/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all got this ram Memory:
DDR2 PC2-6400, DDR2 PC2-8500
​Memory Type: DDR2 PC2-6400, DDR2 PC2-8500, DDR2 (non-ECC)
Maximum Memory: 4GB
Currently Installed Memory: 2GB
Total Memory Slots: 2
Available Memory Slots: 0​1GB
DDR PC2-6400​​
1GB
​​

thats from crucial.com I can hold maximum of 4gb so looking to get that . on ebay can get for £35 roughly but seems dear anyone know anywhere cheaper. thanks in advance

A:Help to find cheapest place for RAM upgrade in UK

Since you're in the UK, take a look at www.SCAN.co.uk
Make sure before you buy anything, to check the compatibility of the RAM with you current mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-to-find-cheapest-place-for-ram-upgrade-in-uk.185742/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello as you can tell I am pretty Need computer PSU HP my a fit to to suitable find new to this I am attempting to upgrade my current gpu to an EVGA GeForce GTX http www evga com products moreinfo asp pn G-P - -KR As recommended I need at least a w power supply Now I wish for something around the ballpark of w or so Something not to pricey I m having trouble understanding some things I need it to be able to fit my case which im unsure of the dimensions I know the case size I just don t know the size of where the PSU would fit into My current computer with specs included from manufactuer website http h www hp com ewfrf wc document cc us amp lc en Need to find a suitable PSU to fit my HP computer amp dlc en amp docname c Need to find a suitable PSU to fit my HP computer N Also its recommended I need pci-e pin connectors I m Need to find a suitable PSU to fit my HP computer just confused around all this I can t seem to find something suitable that would work for my setup and fit inside at the same time I need perhaps a good recommendation of a PSU if anyone can help I don t want to order something that wont fit into my rig Thank you for your time P S sorry messed up title probably confused alot nbsp

A:Need to find a suitable PSU to fit my HP computer

It looks like any ATX power supply will fit in there; how much are you looking to spend on one? I can provide specific recommendations based on that.

Also, are you located in the US?

Lastly, any specific reason you're going for an older card rather than one from the current-gen series?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-find-a-suitable-psu-to-fit-my-hp-computer.184875/
Relevancy 21.93%

When I got a new printer, I went to my laptop and try the find printer thing when I clicked on it the window pop up and then another one that said "The Active Directory Domain Service is currently unavailable." Please someone tell me what and how to fix this

A:Can't use the find printer program thing

Follow the directions that came with your new printer. Usually you have to first install the driver from the included disc or their website, then at some point you're instructed to plug the printer in with USB cable and power it up. It should then be recognized in Device Manager and show up in Control Panel/Printers, where you can set it to your default printer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-use-the-find-printer-program-thing.185037/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi All I am having a weird issue with my Cisco router From the router I am able to ping and reach out to the internet but from the client I am able to reach out to the internet but unable to ping I am not sure where is the issue but when I traceroute to it my packets are dropped at my routers interface All my pings from the client time out I checked the Access list to make sure ICMP is not blocked Following is my running conf ip audit notify log ip audit po max-events ip ssh break-string ipv unicast-routing no ftp-server write-enable no scripting tcl init no scripting tcl encdir no voice hpi capture buffer no voice hpi capture destination interface Loopback description abc ip address interface FastEthernet description Connection to officeswitch ip address duplex full speed ipv rip abc enable no ipv mfib fast interface FastEthernet description ISP ip address ip access-group ISP -IN in ip access-group ISP -OUT out ip route-cache flow duplex full speed auto interface Serial description ISP ip address ip access-group Verio-IN in ip access-group Verio-OUT out ip route-cache flow serial restart-delay interface Serial no unable ping Can from router ping from client to but machines ip address shutdown serial restart-delay interface Serial no ip address shutdown serial restart-delay interface Serial no ip address shutdown serial restart-delay router ospf log-adjacency-changes network area default-information originate router bgp no synchronization bgp Can ping from router but unable to ping from client machines log-neighbor-changes network mask aggregate-address summary-only no auto-summary ip classless ip flow-export source Loopback ip flow-export version ip flow-aggregation cache protocol-port enabled ip flow-aggregation cache prefix enabled no ip http server no ip http secure-server ip as-path access-list permit ip as-path access-list deny ip as-path access-list permit ip as-path access-list permit ip as-path access-list permit ip as-path access-list permit ip as-path access-list permit ip as-path access-list permit ip access-list standard Access permit deny any log ip access-list extended ISP -IN permit tcp host any eq www log permit icmp any any log deny ip any log deny tcp any any eq ftp log deny tcp any any eq smtp log deny tcp any any eq log deny ip any log permit ip any any ip access-list extended ISP -OUT permit icmp any any log permit ip any any ip access-list extended ISP -IN permit icmp any any log deny ip any log deny tcp any any eq ftp log deny tcp any any eq smtp log deny tcp any any eq deny ip any log permit ip any any ip access-list extended ISP -OUT permit ip any any permit icmp any any logging trap debugging logging source-interface Loopback snmp-server community apricot RO snmp-server trap-source Loopback snmp-server location S Ellsworth Ave Suite snmp-server enable traps snmp authentication linkdown linkup coldstart warmstart snmp-server enable traps tty snmp-server enable traps config snmp-server enable traps envmon fan shutdown supply temperature snmp-server enable traps bgp redistribute static route-map ISP PATH permit match as-path route-map ISP PATH permit match as-path set as-path prepend route-map SETPATH permit match as-path set as-path prepend I will appreciate any input to help me solve this problem nbsp

A:Can ping from router but unable to ping from client machines

I am able to reach out to the internet but unable to ping Click to expand...

ping is not required to have connectivity - - it is only a test & traceroute tool.

From the client, get a command prompt (or in Linux a Terminal) use nslookup google.com
If it returns the IP address of google, then you can ignore the ping problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-ping-from-router-but-unable-to-ping-from-client-machines.185071/
Relevancy 30.1%

I assembled a desktop maybe years ago the board finally went South It s an ASUS P C E 478 Pentium Need source for socket or IV repair motherboard motherboard uses a Pentium IV socket CPU dual channel DDR PC RAM - has slots I ve got modules for total gb RM I m not a gamer just fool around with home video amp pictures some online Need source for Pentium IV socket 478 motherboard or repair sports watch an old tv show surf the net simple things like that It s always been plenty fast for everything I do When it happened all the lights flashed rapidly and it beeped rapidly when I tried to start it Now the switch has no effect - the board powers up as soon as power is supplied to the machine Can t force quit the machine either Nothing on the monitor at all A Need source for Pentium IV socket 478 motherboard or repair tech shop checked it and said the board is bad Sounded like they checked it by swapping cpu s RAM etc I had tried a new battery first had hoped they would test the chipset etc but doesn t sound like they did much if any of those kinds of diagnostics I do have an ASUS setup disc I got with the board when I bought it that ASUS says I can use Need source for Pentium IV socket 478 motherboard or repair to reinstall the BIOS haven t tried that yet While I was poking around inside making sure there were no loose cables or other obvious simple problems I cleaned it The CPU heat sink came off the CPU so I have to get some of the heat sink grease and reattach it before I try to start it again Assuming I do need a new board I ve found that boards that will accept that old Pent IV and my ram are scarce So far just some real cheapies on Amazon and eBay Would like to find I e a refurbished direct replacement or at least something basically comparable Or even a reputable shop that may be able to repair the board if I send it to them Would much appreciate any leads or advice The machine serves my needs and I d like to avoid the cost of a new CPU and RAM Thanks nbsp

A:Need source for Pentium IV socket 478 motherboard or repair

Absolutely!

I see I failed to specify, but I need an ATX rather than a micro ATX. I did a quick search on the basic LGA 775 specs and the one I happened to see was a micro ATX, altho I imagine other forms were available?

If yours is an ATX, I'll very gratefully take you up on that.

You wouldn't happen to have a setup manual? I'm far from being very knowledgeable,
more of the typical "know enuf to get myself in trouble" level.

I would imagine I might be able to find and download a manual if you don't have one.

My zip is 89046, Searchlight NV. I'm here temporarily for a 2+ year solar-steam generating plant project, then RETIREMENT!!

Thanks so much!

Address removed for your safety. Note from mailpup: Give address in private "conversation" with Matthew.

I'd prefer FedEx ground, they deliver to me.

Let me know how much, throw in some extra for your packaging and time/trouble.
And how to send the money. If you do PayPal, add extra for their cut of course.
Or I can mail a Postal MO or whatever.
Not a huge rush, I can access my "civilian" email at work if I don't overdo it.
Thanks again!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-source-for-pentium-iv-socket-478-motherboard-or-repair.184060/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi there I own an Alesis Multimix Firewire which I use to record music on my PC I connect this to my Computer via can (Code 12) use that free This enough it cannot device resources find VIA PCI IEEE Adapter Firewire Everything s been fine up until now it seems my computer won t recognize when the firewire cable is connected to the computer So I flipped open the motherboard and made sure the adapter was connected into the slot properly as sometimes it can slide out a bit since it is at a weird angle when the PC sits upright I rebooted again and it said that the Firewire adapter had been detected Tried connecting the Alesis and still nothing Went into System and Device Manager and under the IEEE Bus host controller tab it shows OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller with a highlighted exclamation mark over it I click into the properties of this and it says under This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12) the General Tab This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use Code If you want to use this device you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system More specifically under the This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12) Details Tab it says this PCI VEN amp DEV This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12) amp SUBSYS amp REV amp DC A amp amp Not sure entirely what this means I googled it and a lot of ppl saying to try and update the drivers etc but I don t think that this will do any good as the last driver was back in and I don t think any new drivers have been made since Looking for a logical answer to this one Any help would be greatly appreciated Attached a DXdiag file below too Thanks nbsp

A:This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12)

Looks like the motherboard's USB channels or chipset needs to be updated or re-installed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-device-cannot-find-enough-free-resources-that-it-can-use-code-12.180628/
Relevancy 20.21%

I?ve never had to set the BIOS password, but the kids are growing up and I need to lock access to my PC.

My Bios has two Password Options: Supervisor and User.

The Supervisor password was accepted, and before I attempt to change the BIOS settings, the Supervisor password is asked for.

Then I set the user password.

However, when I boot up the PC, I am not asked for any password and windows loads as usual.

What am I missing?

The BIOS is Award Software International, Inc. F4 HI 07/03/2007

A:Unable to set BIOS user password

Do you have the option mentioned below?

Setting a BIOS Password

Now you'll want to set your system to ask for that password every time it boots, so select the BIOS FEATURES SETUP option, to see a menu something like this:

Fairly obviously, it's the Password Check option we're interested in, so select it and change the setting to ALWAYS.

etc....Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-set-bios-user-password.183774/
Relevancy 19.35%

hey can anyone help me out here?

I tried portforward.com's guide and editing the registry game data port, still cant host games

running windows vista 7

A:Unable to host games in StarCraft with Comcast modem on Linksys e1000

Make sure the game is not blocked by any firewall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-host-games-in-starcraft-with-comcast-modem-on-linksys-e1000.181314/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi Everyone

I have a laptop with Windows 7 installed, using USB 3G device connect though the Internet. The problem is I have 3 machines and a spare router that I want to share the Internet.

Can you please advise how to share the internet from a laptop through a router ?

A:Unable to share the Internet from a laptop through a router

Hello! Sadly, for all intents and purposes, it just doesn't work like that. I'm not saying it's impossible, because I have read how techies have made this happen - but it requires an insane amount of configuration, 3rd party software, a little programming, and a good grasp of linux. The router has to have the internet connection to share out to other computers. Go and get a wifi hotspot instead of a 3G USB device. The wifi hotspot, depending on the provider, should support up to 5+ connections. Another option is the see what ISPs are in your area, get service at your residence, then you could use the router. Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-share-the-internet-from-a-laptop-through-a-router.179668/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have monitored some past posts and haven't found a solution yet. I am rebuilding an older desktop to get it back running. I have formatted and partitioned the had drive (thru another computer), installed it into my desktop. During the windows XP install it indicates that the hard drive can't be found. I installed the drivers disk and made the Raid driver required and installed it and got the same result. I can't seem to get the hard drive located to install windows on it.
P4 computer
windows XP SP1
and all system disks from Dell that came with the system. Any ideas????
looking for a solution to get windows installed and up and running. Don't want to spend a large amount of time and money as this is an older desktop. Thanks

A:Windows XP can't find hard drive

Bad hard drive, or bad install.
You are using Service Pack 1. Windows XP only works on the first 133 GB of a hard drive. You may need a Windows Disk with Service pack 2 or 3 to propertly detect and format the hard drive if larger than 132 GB... Or use a non-Dell version of Windows XP.
The product ID on the Windows sticker will still enable the enstall if you have a borrowed OEM disk of Windows XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-cant-find-hard-drive.179876/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a Dell Latitude D with Windows XP installed on it My Wireless adapter is an Intel R Wireless Wifi Link AGN My current issue is that after my router Belkin F D v crashed and had to be reset I have not been able to access my router It says it is unable to renew the IP address However I am able to access a different unsecured wireless network and my other computer has no trouble accessing the router When I try to run ipconfig to renew address Unable IP it opens the cmd prompt and quickly closes it I can run ipconfig by opening cmd prompt and entering the command from there The only thing that I can think of is that something got messed up after the router crash or its a result of installing Ad-Aware Antivirus which I have since uninstalled and am still having issues Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Only shows settings for LAN which are IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Under Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected When I try to put a manual IP address into the wireless TCP IP settings it connects to my router for about seconds and then disconnects nbsp

A:Unable to renew IP address

I'm an *****

Leaving this post up for anyone wanting a good laugh... and for anyone else who is also dumb.

I solved my issue by retyping the password.

Nothing like wasting 2 hours over just needing to refresh the password... Ugh...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-renew-ip-address.179909/
Relevancy 19.78%

i am unable to reset my router back to default username/password setting.ive been able to reset it in the past, but i cant remember what i did.

i have held the reset button down for 90 secs. then i unplugged the router while still holding down the reset button for an additional 90 secs. and finally plugged the power back in again still holding the reset button for an additional 90 secs.

ive tried switching between different web browser. default gateway is 198.162.1.1

tried using cmd prompt. used ipconfig /release. ipconfig /renew. just for the heck of it.

ive also read that this same model and version is giving alot of people trouble as far as resetting it goes.

honestly, im not sure what firmware i have installed. im not sure how to check it... if that may be the issue.

while trying to login to router via firefox, i get the security level 15 message

cant remember my username/password

A:Unable to reset linksys BEFW11S4 ver 4 router

Sounds like your router needs a hard reset, the following has helped me in some cases, but be aware, if these procedures don't work, than your router has gone bye bye, it's junk.

To reset your router to factory defaults, use the following procedure:

1) Power down all computers, the router, and the modem, and unplug them from the wall.
2) Disconnect all wires from the router.
3) Power up the router and allow it to fully boot (1-2 minutes).
4) Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds, then release it, then let the router reset and reboot (2-3 minutes).
5) Power down the router.
6) Connect one computer by wire to port 1 on the router (NOT to the internet port).
7) Power up the router and allow it to fully boot (1-2 minutes).
8) Power up the computer (if the computer has a wireless card, make sure it is off).
9) Try to ping the router. To do this, click the "Start" button > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt. A black DOS box will appear. Enter the following: "ping 192.168.1.1" (no quotes), and hit the Enter key. You will see 3 or 4 lines that start either with "Reply from ... " or "Request timed out." If you see "Reply from ...", your computer has found your router.
10) Open your browser and point it to 192.168.1.1. This will take you to your router's login page. Leave the user name blank, and in the password field, enter "admin" (with no quotes). This will take you to your router setup page. Note the version number of your firmware (usually listed near upper right corner of screen). Exit your browser.

If you get this far without problems, try the setup disk (or setup the router manually, if you prefer), and see if you can get your router setup and working.

If you cannot get "Reply from ..." in step 9 above, your router is dead.

If there's some time left on any type or warrenty for this device, I would recommend using it, that is if in fact your router is dead.

Good luck.............hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-reset-linksys-befw11s4-ver-4-router.178724/
Relevancy 20.21%

I want to use virtualbox software it says in settings that you need to enable the virtualization option in host system to add more than one cpu.But in the bios i was unable to find the option.Please help me.

A:Unable to see virtualization option in BIOS

may not support it. make sure you look up the processor you have and check if it supports it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-see-virtualization-option-in-bios.177946/
Relevancy 20.21%

I get "windows was unable to complete the format" error when I try to format my micro sd card on my computer. So I check everywhere in the drive and I find a folder that gives me "the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error when I try to delete or access it. I can delete everything else but it reappears after I reinserted the drive. I tried to format with command prompt and I get "invalid media or track 0 bad - disk unusable." I also treid Panasonic SDFormatter but I get "the memory card is write protected please release the write protect switch" which I did.This all happen after I tried to format it on my phone and connected it to my PC. I'm using windows xp pro build 2600 sp 3 and my micro sd card is a sandisk.

A:Unable to format my 2GB microSD

It could just be a bad sd card. They won't last forever.

What I would do (aside from what you've already done) is put the micro sd card in its full sd adapter (that came with it I'm sure) and then put that in a camera and format it there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-format-my-2gb-microsd.177968/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello All I have a samsung N a while ago the connection dropped wireless Netbook networks won't find suddenly and couldn t find any wi-fi connections I m using a D-link Usb dongle and I can find all the networks After trying everything I was convinced that the Atheros chip is Netbook won't find wireless networks faulty so I bought a new one but it didn t work so I tried my Atheros on an Netbook won't find wireless networks another netbook and it worked fine It can t be an OS problem since at the beginning of the problem i did a factory settings restore and tried Ubuntu all of them had the same problem Sometimes it is able to find near wi-fi networks for a minute but it won t connect So if anyone knows what s the problem i would really be thankful I ve disassembled my computer to see if there s something wrong with the Antenna everything seems fine it s very confusing and i can t find any solutions Thank you nbsp

A:Netbook won't find wireless networks

We need to know your computer brand and model, and operating system. Or the motherboard that is installed.
any "flags" in your device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netbook-wont-find-wireless-networks.177704/
Relevancy 21.5%

Good morning everyone...

My old 600m for some reason last night decided NOT to find any webpages. The wireless network indicates that it is connected to the router, functioning properly. My daughter's notebook easily connects to the network, so I know it's not the router. I'm using XP Pro, SP2, Linxsys wireless, Intel 2200BG card.

I'm not that computer literate, but am usually able to fix most things.

HELP, please!!

Thanks!

Tom

A:Dell Inspiron 600m cannot find web pages

Do you have the latest driver?
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...Intel®+PRO/Wireless+2200BG+Network+Connection

You should have SP3 installed, support for SP2 has been discontinued.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-600m-cannot-find-web-pages.177540/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hey there,

I am trying to pull old files from my hard drive that was in my old computer running Windows XP. I have it plugged in via extenal housing/Reader if you will and when I try to copy or drag the files a windows shows up saying access is denied. Is this because of user logins or something with XP or something crazy like this and is there a way to copy these files over to my other computer that is running XP as well.

Thanks

A:Unable to copy files from old hard drive even with carriage

You need to take ownership. Here is a thread with instructions: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic8914.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-copy-files-from-old-hard-drive-even-with-carriage.176761/
Relevancy 20.21%

Using laptop Toshiba Satellite A -S with Vista installed originally I later had Vista removed amp XP installed and all XP updates are installed Device Manager shows Network Adapters Net Adapter and Intel PRO Wireless ABG The info on the Net Adapter is Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC The Properties for Bus Driver indicates version When using Windows Repair function for Connection I get this msg quot TCP IP is not enabled for Web to Unable via connect to telnet connection this connection quot I have researched other posts for this message and have tried just about every solution offered but nothing has worked Attempts to update the driver resulted Unable to connect to Web via telnet connection in msg indicating the current driver is the best available I went online to see if an update is available and on pcpitstop com found Windows XP -bit driver Should I download amp install this driver to see if it helps I have worked on Unable to connect to Web via telnet connection this for days and am at my wits end The reason I need the wired connection is that it must be used by Carbonite to perform a complete online backup of my computer nbsp

A:Unable to connect to Web via telnet connection

1394 is NOT ethernet, it is firewire (an apple standard) and is not (usually ) used to access the internet. You information is conflicting. The Intel PRO connection would be the one used for internet (WAN) or LAN. The firewire port looks completely different than an ethernet port and more resembles a USB connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-web-via-telnet-connection.176520/
Relevancy 20.21%

Yesterday I posted this Ethernet connect to Web via to connection Unable same info under the title quot Unable to connect to web via Telnet connection quot I have gotten no responses and realized I should have said Ethernet instead of Telnet My Ethernet connection is what my problem really is I have copied the content of the earlier post to this new post in hopes that someone will look at my problem and offer some advice Here goes Using laptop Toshiba Satellite A -S with Vista installed originally I later had Unable to connect to Web via Ethernet connection Vista removed amp XP installed and all XP updates are installed Device Manager shows Network Adapters Net Adapter and Intel PRO Wireless ABG The info on the Net Adapter is Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC The Properties for Bus Driver indicates version When using Windows Repair function for Connection I get this msg quot TCP IP is not enabled for this connection quot I have researched other posts for this message and have tried just about every solution offered but nothing has worked Attempts to update the driver resulted in msg indicating the current driver is the best available I went online to see if an update is available and on pcpitstop com found Windows XP -bit driver Should I download amp install this driver to see if it helps I have worked on this for days and am at my wits end The reason I need the wired connection is that it must be used by Carbonite to perform a complete online backup of my computer nbsp

A:Unable to connect to Web via Ethernet connection

KarenLB said:

I have gotten no responses, and realized I should have said Ethernet instead of Telnet.Click to expand...

BIG DIFF

Here goes .......

Using laptop Toshiba Satellite A135-S4427 with Vista installed originally.
I later had Vista removed & XP installed, and all XP updates are installed.
Device Manager shows 2 Network Adapters:

1394 Net Adapter and <IGNORE THIS ONE
Intel PRO Wireless 3945ABG.
The info on the 1394 Net Adapter is: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC. The Properties for 1394 Bus Driver indicates version 5.1.2600.5512. When using Windows Repair function for1394 Connection,Click to expand...

1394 is the Fireware adapter that competes against USB. If you know how, just disable for now in the Device Manager - - else just ignore it.

I get this msg. "TCP/IP is not enabled for this connection". I have researched other posts for this message and have tried just about every solution offered, but nothing has worked. Attempts to update the driver resulted in msg. indicating the current driver is the best available. I went online to see if an update is available, and on pcpitstop.com found Windows XP 32-bit driver 5.719.0325.2009. Should I download & install this driver to see if it helps? I have worked on this for 2 days and am at my wits end. The reason I need the wired connection is that it must be used by Carbonite to perform a complete online backup of my computer.Click to expand...

First; disable IPv6 (if any) with this link

Reboot and wire the connection to your router (be sure your WiFi is disabled or at least has the switch in the off position).

get a command Prompt
(start->run->cmd) and enter ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt
follow-up by attaching the file myTCP.txt or copy/paste its contents . .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-web-via-ethernet-connection.176555/
Relevancy 22.36%

No I am not doing anything crafty I wouldn't know how to anyways. Yes it is for school, I am reviewing questions for my final but I can't figure this one out. Are they talking about their website cause thats easy. Or do I have to find out like what their mega computers ip address is spamming me my sweet bandwidth? If so how?

p.s. hu ray i get to write in bad grammer for a change who learned you how to spoke?

A:How do I find out my ISP's IP address?

Your ISP will have multiple IP addresses.

If what your asking is how do you find out YOUR IP address: http://whatismyipaddress.com/

If you want to know the IP address of a particular site, fire up cmd.exe in Windows (start run/search box, type cmd and hit enter.

Then type: ping bbc.co.uk (or whatever website you need to know).

e.g.
Code:
C:\Users\Lee>ping bbc.co.uk

Pinging bbc.co.uk [212.58.241.131] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 212.58.241.131: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=244
Reply from 212.58.241.131: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=244
Reply from 212.58.241.131: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=244
Reply from 212.58.241.131: bytes=32 time=35ms TTL=244

Ping statistics for 212.58.241.131:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 14ms, Maximum = 35ms, Average = 20ms

C:\Users\Lee>
That will reveal their IP address for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-find-out-my-isps-ip-address.176307/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello fellow nerds of the internet I built myself a nice 6970 or unable to computer rate New HD play games system new computer yesterday I ghz windows bit gb ram New computer HD 6970 unable to rate system or play games etc but the video card is the ASUS AMD knock off aka HD Direct CU I have had absolutely no problems watching videos or any of the normal day to day running of the machine and am able to use the higher resolutions for my monitor except the moment I attempt to play a game the game crashes anti climatically revealing my desktop Whilst I am grateful for the lack of full system crashes I built my gaming computer for get this GAMING so I am a tad bit annoyed I also attempted to do a windows machine rating however that failed coming up with an error report The windows experience index for your computer could not be computed Could not measure video playback performance When I attempted to launch Star Wars The Old Republic I received the error report Error code incompatible system Please verify your system is compatible with this game When I attempted to launch Crysis I received the error report Unsupported Video Card ASUS EAH Series vender x x device x Continuing to run may lead to unexpected results of crashes DX Diagnosis ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name NYX-PC Operating System New computer HD 6970 unable to rate system or play games Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model Z XP-UD R BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name ASUS EAH Series Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI display adapter x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS BC amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model W Monitor Id GSM B Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B EE - - CF-C -B A C CA Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x BC Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf ATI Mfg NTamd ati mtag NICayman ci ven amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS A amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name RTKVHD sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Description Realtek Digital ... Read more

A:New computer HD 6970 unable to rate system or play games

I suspect it's a power supply issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-hd-6970-unable-to-rate-system-or-play-games.176490/
Relevancy 22.36%

I just upgraded to Win7. In this PC I have 2 HDD, one C drive which works fin, and one additional HDD which I'm able to see in BIOS and Device Manager, but it do not show up in Explorer.
How to get it visible?
Thanks

A:Can't find local installed HDD

Right click my computer > manage, click disk management take a screenshot, post here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-find-local-installed-hdd.176151/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all, I would like to know if there is any way I can tell if my motherboard is broken. I have a Fujitsu Amilo Pro V3515. When I press the power switch, the lights power light and wifi light come on, the fan starts, but that is it, just a black screen. I have tried removing and reinserting ram etc. I was just wondering if there was any way to find out what's wrong with it so I could just replace parts myself rather than the added expense of having to take it for repair. Any advice gladly received, regards.

A:Is there any way I can find out if my motherboard is broken?

theres no easy & quick way to check,
have you tried connecting you laptop to an external monitor?
incase it might be the screen
also tried disconnecting hdd, ram, keyboard, dvd drive.
tried doing a hard reset? remove battery & psu lead
hold the power button for 60 second.
or powering up off either battery alone or
taking battery out and powering up off psu alone?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-any-way-i-can-find-out-if-my-motherboard-is-broken.176079/
Relevancy 19.78%

Heya i ve downloaded and tried to play the following online games Allods Shaiya Runes of Magic Lotro Everytime I downloaded each game and tried to connect to any of their servers it would always come up with a connection or client timeout error of some sort I m not sure if it has anything to do with my internet connection because recently I downloaded and played the beta for SWTOR online on my old crap vista laptop which is about years old Apart from very very low fps due to a terrible video card my swtor online servers unable game to connect Laptop to connection was perfect I also Laptop unable to connect to online game servers downloaded the swtor beta on my new laptop and after finishing the massive game download it came up with a data error though I can t remember what it was perhaps it is also related to my current problem My current IP is WIC New Zealand and doesn t have ethernet ports on modem Laptop specs WIndows -bit Home premium Service pack Toshiba Processor Intel Core i - CPU GHz GHz Ram GB Thats the basic information If you need anything else please let me know Thanks nbsp

A:Laptop unable to connect to online game servers

hi bunny 15405 welcome to TS
just quick idea here yhu dont have a firewall blocking the connections to their servers to yhu?

James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-unable-to-connect-to-online-game-servers.174944/
Relevancy 19.35%

I just started getting this error today. I thought it was due to some malware I had gotten but the malware forum tech support said everything looks fine. I get this message right as my VPN is about to authenticate. Can anyone help? This is driving me up the wall!

A:Cisco VPN AnyConnect issue: The VPN client was unable to setup IP filtering

What PC hardware are you working with?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cisco-vpn-anyconnect-issue-the-vpn-client-was-unable-to-setup-ip-filtering.174986/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi all I have installed the HP photosmart B a wireless printer onto my Asus laptop I run windows professional After installing the printer it seems to have saved to a z drive This is what it says when I try to open it from my computer z refers to a location that is unavailable It could be on a hard drive on this computer or on a network Check to make sure the disc is properly inserted or that you are connected to laptop Asus b110a to wireless from Photosmart to scan Unable the internet or your network connection and then try again If it still cannot Unable to scan from wireless Photosmart b110a to Asus laptop be located the information might have been moved to a different location I did Unable to scan from wireless Photosmart b110a to Asus laptop not load the printer using a disc this was done online It is wireless and I have a belkin router I can print document and pictures to the printer but unable to scan from printer to laptop The message I get on the printer screen is Try scan from computer or see documentation I am very confused so thanks for any help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-scan-from-wireless-photosmart-b110a-to-asus-laptop.174987/
Relevancy 21.5%

So the Chaintech VNF3-250 on my secondary computer finally died after 7 or 8 years. But the other parts still work, so I'm hoping I can replace the mobo without having to replace everything attached to it.

All the places I've looked seem to have no name brands, or no name sellers, or are refurbished, or just plain out of stock forever.

A:Any place to find a decent Socket 754 AGP mobo these days?

TheBladeRoden said:

So the Chaintech VNF3-250 on my secondary computer finally died after 7 or 8 years. But the other parts still work, so I'm hoping I can replace the mobo without having to replace everything attached to it.

All the places I've looked seem to have no name brands, or no name sellers, or are refurbished, or just plain out of stock forever.Click to expand...

Should be able to find them at Geeks or Ebay. You will most likely find refurbished or used ones though!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-place-to-find-a-decent-socket-754-agp-mobo-these-days.174718/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi everyone New to this forum My tower which was running XP but is probably years old got pretty heavily infected with viruses malware After several attempts at clearing it out with software I decided i should just reformat because its been awhile and I never really have I think the first thing I did was boot from CD using a copy of windows Probably not the original used for my computer but I don t think that matters Each time I attempt to install windows however it gets to a screen that says quot Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer quot and claims setup cannot continue I ve searched a bit for answers but none seem to fit or have solutions that will work for me since it should not be a hardware issue I also went into the RAID utility and had that reformat something thinking that might help or be necessary Part of the problem is I can t find any of my original installation disks aside from the motherboard and graphics card On boot up and in BIOS it claims there is no IDE channel Master or Slave What can I do or is there anything you can recommend I thought I saw trying HDD Problem to when find can't reformat, somewhere that my HD or motherboard might not be compatible with this XP disc and I would need to make Problem when trying to reformat, can't find HDD one of my own that would allow detection of my HD is that possible nbsp

A:Problem when trying to reformat, can't find HDD

What kind of hard drive are you using? IDE or SATA?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-when-trying-to-reformat-cant-find-hdd.174280/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have an ATI Radeon 9250 which is pci.
I'm looking to upgrade to a decent gpu.
I want to know if having a pci card necessarily means I only have a pci slot.
I have an Intel Celeron 2.4 GHz

I used PC wizard but didn't really come to any conclusion.
Under mainboard it says "Slot PCI : 32-bit [5.0v, 3.3v] - Empty"
Not really sure what this means.
I also see "Number of PCI Bus : 2"
Does this mean I could use two cards?
And also I see "Number of AGP connectors : 1"
Does this mean I have an AGP slot?

If I can upgrade, what might you recommend? I don't really play games, purely for game development.
If I'm stuck with pci cards, could I get anything that could significantly increase performance?

A:What type of card can I use?

You should take a look at your hardware instead of trying to find evidence buried within software detection methods. Learn what you have by seeing and identifying for yourself. Once we know for sure what you have available for card slots, we can then advise you with further details.

Physical Differences: PCI Express [ PCI-E ] vs AGP vs PCI

Difference Between AGP and PCI

Taking the Mystery Out of PCI-Express

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-type-of-card-can-i-use.173321/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi
I got an old laptop (Gateway with window XP Pro, and I cannot get it to connect to my home network, other laptop works fine. showing the following connections
Local area connection
network cable unplugged with a RED x
Realtek RTL8139/810x

1394 Connection
connected
1394 net adapter

wireless network connection
Not connected Red X
intel(R) Pro/wireless 22008G
Please help, Thanx

A:Can't find any network,

first, use the Device Mgr to disable the 1394 device:: that's a Firewire connection, not ethernet.

then WIRE a connection to your router and get that running.

we'll address WiFi once WIRED is working

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-find-any-network.172342/
Relevancy 19.78%

HI
Two Linysy cisco router of same network 192.168.128.1 and 100 are given and the sever 08 has 128 network .the problem is if one router is off the another router is pinging..like tat it was pinging simultaneously.
the router is Not communicating at the same time to the two routers.Its communicating simultaneously
pleas help regarding this issue tat the server must be communicate to the both router at the same time
thank you

A:Two Linksys Cisco routers unable to communicate with server

this issue tat the server must be communicate to the both router at the same timeClick to expand...

hmm; as you express it, this is literally impossible.
There should only be one DHCP server on this lan. With the addresses you've provided, the server has only one connection to the router and thus it can literally read/write to one device at a time.

Code:

==== router#1
(128.1)
|
+ (128.08) Server
|
+ (128.100) router ===
I fear you are attempting to connect each router to an ISP and get twice the bandwidth;
usually it is wired like this

Code:

===router#1 ------ server ---- router#2 ===
the server would need two NIC cards, but this never works due to the routing tables.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-linksys-cisco-routers-unable-to-communicate-with-server.172024/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello everyone. I know there's probably been posts similar to mine, but I have not learned all I wanted from previous posts. Recently, my hard drive gave out on my XP computer. The issue seems to be that it will not be read as a master drive, but will run fine as a slave on my other XP computer. That being said, I can view the general program files, ect. on the drive when viewed with Explorer in my Computer, but cannot access my pictures and music and such. As mentioned in similar post, the same amount of usage is being reported, but not all of that data is viewable or present. How can I access my pictures and music? (I understand from other posts that it might have something to do with it being password protected if my previous computer installation of XP was password protected?)

A:Unable to view administrator files on slave drive

User Permissions

Its more down to user permissions, you dont have permission to access it, Personally i would take the hard drive and slip it in a computer with windows 7, then reset the permissions to whicherever user i want ( this is done by right clicking the drive/folder and changeing under the permissions tab)

God luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-view-administrator-files-on-slave-drive.171696/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello,

I would like to find out how much watts my PC uses. I do not have any measuring devices for wattage, so is there still a way?

Thanks

A:How can I find out how many watts my PC pulls from the wall?

To get anything other than a guess you'll need a device like the Kill-a-Watt. I'm not sure the availability in your country but with a company name of p3international it at least sounds like you could get it.

You could also do it with an amp probe. The difficulty here is that you'd have to separate the hot wire and the neutral one, so that may be difficult or impossible (not to mention unsafe if you cut the insulation into the wire).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-find-out-how-many-watts-my-pc-pulls-from-the-wall.171569/
Relevancy 21.07%

Heres my problem , so my computer dvd and cd drives failed i kept getting mssg select boot device and reboot. then i used a cd drive fromanother computer connected it with xp windows cd and now im getting error in setup"setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer" please help this computer used to work fine before and was xp before..thankyou in advance!

A:Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer

Check you bios settings if it is detecting your HDD.

/edit/

Check also the jumper settings of the CD drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer.169834/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi all Thanks changing HDD Unable to after start in advance for everyone s help My computer have been plague with various problems in the last week No suddenly my main HDD was fried when computer starts POST can detect all my other HDDs Unable to start after changing HDD but not my main one I got this replaced with a new one both SATAs Unable to start after changing HDD After replacing the HDD i powered on my computer only to see that all of my HDDs are detected but the POST msg shows that my BIOS Clock is resetted and i need to either re configure or reset to default i chose to reconfigure went in BIOS before i can change anything computer hang i power off and on and then is unable to get the computer started Now when i press on my power switch the fans moves for a second and stops if i hold on to the power button the fans moves in intervals just like you are rev-ing a car vroom pause vroom pause vroom pause Things i tired removing all of my cards including Gfx card sound card and on same problem removing all ram and reseat them same problem removing CPU and on same problem reseat all cables and remove all sata cables same problem starting the computer using jumping the system using the pins instead of power button same problem Green light is still on when the PSU is plugged in to the board My guess is that not only my HDD was fried maybe the PSU or the Motherboard also died Anyone have any suggestions on what other steps i can take before taking it to a repair shop for diagnostic test Specs AMD Gigabyte board PSU watt true power x gb kingston ram nbsp

A:Unable to start after changing HDD

Nothing shows on the monitor at all? If so, try replacing the power supply first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-start-after-changing-hdd.169768/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello,

and before anybody asks, I did look it up on google. I didn't find any clear way that said how to find it out. Is there a way to find it out?

Thanks

A:RAM - How do I find out my RAM Module P/N?

Its on the memory stick.

First result on www.google.co.uk: http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=ps...gc.r_pw.&fp=42a77a887edee1ee&biw=1280&bih=675

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-how-do-i-find-out-my-ram-module-p-n.169428/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello TechSpot,

I am thinking of dual booting Linux Mint with my Windows 7 OS. I don't have a cd big enough for the installer, and I am thinking about buying a stack of CDs to use for booting. However, I don't know which CD type to buy. I will be using them also for Movie making, file storage, back up and etc..
Which one of these would work?

DVD R
DVD RW
DVD-RW
DVD-RAM

Thanks

A:What type of CD is good for installing Linux or other OS for dual boot?

They're DVD's, not CD's; though you can use them for burning a Linux ISO, it would be a waste of most of the capacity of a disk though. I'd choose DVD-R's.

You can always download Linux live creator and use that instead. You just need a spare 1GB USB memory stick/thumb drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-type-of-cd-is-good-for-installing-linux-or-other-os-for-dual-boot.169327/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi guys I ve been reading this forum for some help but cannot seem to find anything as my problem or multiple problems seems to be quite specific The problem During the creation of a GB FAT partition on my brand new IOMEGA tb desktop external harddrive the power cable was unwittingly disconnected and the partition failed Since that time I have been unable to find the harddrive on my system What I harddrive Cannot external find ve tried so far I ve tried searching My Computer Disk Management and Device Manager none of them are showing up anything they were showing the device perfectly before the incident I have also attempted to use the harddrive on a laptop of mine but to no avail I ve attempted to find out if UPnP is enabled on my Bios menu but for some reason this menu keeps softlocking hardlocking and I must manually restarted the computer I have also shut down all power to the computer for about an hour and the problem persists Any help would be most appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Cannot find external harddrive

problem fixed

i had to buy another hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-find-external-harddrive.168400/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have an old HP Pavilion 513W Desktop - System # P9857A, Serial # MX234A4770, with a 845GL Chipset and a 478 Socket I think ?Where can I get a replacement Motherboard NEW or Used?

A:Where can I find a new or used HP Pavilion 513W motherboard?

http://www.laptopteks.com/HP/Deskto...-(US)-(P9857A)/Motherboard-(System-Board).asp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-can-i-find-a-new-or-used-hp-pavilion-513w-motherboard.167087/
Relevancy 41.28%

I tried to change my network settings from WPA to to network find was certificate log you unable on to Windows to the a WEP last night and like an I screwed it up I only wanted to change it over temporarily so I could access the wireless network with another device that isn t compatible with WPA I ended up having to restore the Linksys router to Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network its default settings I then tried to recreate the settings it had before with WPA before I messed it up It was on WPA -Personal AES and I changed the network SSID and passwords back from default Very basic I didn t set the Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network router up myself originally though so there must be something I m missing I am able to connect via Ethernet cable but when I try going wireless on both Windows laptops one XP and one Vista I get a message saying quot Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network my SSID quot Most of the searches I ran on Google had people suggesting that I uncheck quot Enable IEEE x authentication quot in the laptop s wireless Authentication settings but that is already unchecked Besides shouldn t the fix have to do with something in the router settings since the wireless was working before I mucked around with the router The laptop settings remain unchanged from the when wireless used to work so they should be okay right I also tried setting the router up using Wi-Fi Protected Setup but after the bar loads to the end it says it was unable to connect Anyone have any suggestions Or need more info that might help solve my wireless problems nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-was-unable-to-find-a-certificate-to-log-you-on-to-the-network.166793/
Relevancy 22.36%

Greetings!

I have a device on my network that I'm trying to ID. I can get the MAC address off the switch, and I need to get either the IP address or the name of the device. How do I do this using the MAC address?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

A:How to find a computer name or IP with the MAC address?

download a copy of Network Magic to one system and let it discover the devices on your LAN. even after the trial period lapses, it will still keep the mapping current.

For every device discovered, there are details for the device
Mac addr, IP addr, and device/system info

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-find-a-computer-name-or-ip-with-the-mac-address.165985/
Relevancy 30.53%

I want to start with the fact that I m not ignorant when it comes to computers I bought and assembled my pc part by part A few days ago my pc started shutting down after playing for a while Not rebooting Shutting down I have come to the conclusion that it s definitely not a software problem It is curious to note that my hardware hasn t changed since the day I bought my pc a few years back Also the games that make the pc shut down never caused this before With software and hardware that hasn t changed in months suddenly my pc is overheating Curious Perhaps too much dust Maybe my hardware getting less efficient with need - source finding help Overheating age Who knows I only care about finding the source and fixing this I can t even play Minecraft for and hour anymore I installed SpeedFan and a label that-I-can t-do-anything-but-assume-it s-the-processor got around C while playing It was here that I realized I don t know anything about running temperatures Don t know if C is normal Other than that the program wasn t very useful Too many unnamed labels and apparently of my cores are below C I suspect the problem is either the processor the chipset or the PSU My pc ASUS P N-E SLI Intel Core Quad GHz GB DDR RAM x Geforce GT x assorted HDD s Cooler Master PSU can t remember right now but about w or more Never been overclocked Also it has no warranty anymore So I need good advice How can I find out the source of the overheating As a side Overheating - need help finding source note my PSU s internal cooler started making noises a few months ago I ve read this is due to dust and stuff Perhaps it s relevant nbsp

A:Overheating - need help finding source

Remove the CPU cooler-heatsink. Clean off all the dust and any other debris. Clean off the old thermal paste and apply a small amount of new paste. Then check the PC's operation

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overheating-need-help-finding-source.165343/
Relevancy 17.2%

I need real help I had cable internet mbs installed last September in my one bedroom apartment Before that I was connecting to a spotty mbs network that was open next door with home network any to but Unable to can connect to other network their permission I was able to obtain fast and efficient internet access for about or months and then it became intermittent For the past months I have been unable to connect through my home cable modem router at all I have been to the cable company and they have tested the cable modem router and Unable to connect to home network but can to any other network the Unable to connect to home network but can to any other network signal which comes into the router and out at fast speeds I have been to the place where I bought my laptop purchased at Staples last summer Others can connect though my wifi but I cannot It connects but gives me a DNS error It doesn t matter whether I am hard wired or on wifi I am running Win Home Premium bit on a compaq CQ - NR Notebook with a Vision AMD Athlon II P Dual-Core processor ghz with GB ram GB usable It contains an Atheros AR b g n WiFi adapter Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Realtek High Definition Audio Built in pointing device mouse pad with a wireless mouse connected through USB port hard drive Hitachi HTS A A SATA Disk Device Apparently for some unknown reason my computer networking modules can connect to but won t or can t talk to the cable modem router supplied by my ISP Charter Communications but can access the internet though any other wifi service or hot spot without a problem - INCLUDING the very same ISP through other wifi spots in town They have tested and retested the cable modem router and have told me that without a doubt there is nothing wrong with the device even though normally I thought anyway a DNS error like this would be a server side error Please someone help me I am paying for this internet service and would love to use it If you require anymore information please ask and I will provide it for you I am sorry if this was covered in another post I searched and searched and was unable to find a post that adequately came close to the problem that I described above Sorry if I am so wordy HELP Regards to All William nbsp

A:Unable to connect to home network but can to any other network

Connect the system to your network and then
please get a command prompt (Start->RUN->CMD) and enter ipconfig /all >myTcp.txt
follow-up with the attachment myTcp.txt which will be in the directory shown in the CMD prompt window.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-home-network-but-can-to-any-other-network.164932/
Relevancy 21.93%

Lookout and wheres my droid need you to have text through your carrier. I do not. What app can I use in case I lose my phone that doesn't need text?

if no one here knows does anyone know the a techspot of cellphones type site ?

A:What app can I use on my Droid to find my phone if I don't have text?

Your carrier should be able to help you with this...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-app-can-i-use-on-my-droid-to-find-my-phone-if-i-dont-have-text.163918/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am unable to write any words to my computers browsers in fact I cannot enter my password to enter windows xp professional. What do I do to enter my writing into my browsers and have my computer accept my password?

Thanks.

A:Unable to write to my browsers

I apoligize

The reason I could not write is because my keyboard was unplugged.

Sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-write-to-my-browsers.163741/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have a sound problem. And I can't find my sound card's name. It just disappeared. It says "No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided by the hardware manufacturer."
How may I know what download and install.? I run win7 professional. Intel(R) pentium(R) D. 2GHz 512MB of RAM.
please. thank you

A:How to find sound card's name

You can download DriverIdentifier from http://www.driveridentifier.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-find-sound-cards-name.163343/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 with vista and every time i try to play a song from my external hdd i get an error message that says "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set associations control panel.

A:Unable to play music from external HDD

This is the normal instruction for setting up a file association.

1. Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button, typing "default programs" and then clicking Default Programs in the pop up list.
2. Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
This opens a list of extensions.
3. Choose the extension of the files that you wish to open then click on change program button.
4. Select the program you wish to associate the file with and click Ok.

If you have already done this try right clicking on the file and selecting open with then choose the player.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-play-music-from-external-hdd.162582/