Windows Support Forum

Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type!

Q: Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type!

About - weeks ago guesstimate I started getting a random window popup at various times while browsing online The semi-odd thing about popup source Unable both chrome of on adware-type & type! find a ie, to new now it is -same type of popup on both ie amp my Chrome browsers - I hadn't downloaded installed anything around then I havenot been able to find their source - Have not found any scan malwarebytes Panda pcpitstop etc that seems to locate it nor does my Winpatrol The popup windows vary Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type! in advertisers but most frequent is for Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type! the game Big Farm They are always fullsized page amp open in a new window not just a new tab with no toolbar etc on top Of course it can get irritating Now as of days ago I've suddenly gotten a new amp BIGGER annoyance Quite often especially when I open my browser amp go to do anything such as switch sites pages open history etc I get a blackish popup come down about over my page and has a video box which seldom starts to play for at least seconds amp below video has a button that says SKIP AD in seconds amp then counts down to then I can hit the skip button amp it goes away It also happens just the same nomatter if I'm using Chrome or ie Any clue If I had an idea of their name or source I should be able to find some sign of their existence in regedit but I don't seem to find any indication anywhere including at top or bottom of screen when they open The two types of popups do not look or act anyway similar related P S I also have checked my extensions etc in each browser amp in my programs Thank you very much for your time amp assistance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type!

Hello angelgabbby I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with one of these just skip it and move on to the next one.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Scan.After the scan is complete click on "Clean"Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.-Junkware-Removal-Tool-Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.When they are complete let me have the two reports and let me know how things are running.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530996/unable-to-find-source-of-adware-type-popup-on-both-chrome-ie-now-a-new-type/
Relevancy 151.59%

About - weeks ago guesstimate I started getting a random window popup at various times while browsing online The semi-odd thing about it is -same type of popup on both ie amp my Chrome browsers - I hadn't downloaded installed anything around then I havenot been able to find their source - Have not found any scan malwarebytes Panda pcpitstop etc that seems to locate it nor does my Winpatrol The popup windows vary in advertisers but most frequent is for the game quot Big Farm quot They are always chrome new now adware-type both to type! on find ie, popup Unable source & of a fullsized page amp open in a new window not just a new tab with no toolbar etc on top Of course it can get irritating Now as of days Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type! ago I've suddenly gotten a new amp BIGGER annoyance Quite often especially when I open my browser amp go to do anything such as switch sites pages open history etc I get a blackish popup come down about over my page and has a video box which seldom starts to play for at least seconds amp below video has a button that says quot SKIP AD in seconds quot amp then counts down to then I can hit the skip button amp it goes away It also happens just the same nomatter if I'm using Chrome or ie Any clue If I had an idea of their name or source I should be able to find some sign of their existence in regedit but I don't seem to find any indication anywhere including at top or bottom of screen when they open The two types of popups do not look or act anyway similar related P S I also have checked my extensions etc in each browser amp in my programs Thank you very much for your time amp assistance NOTE the st time I ran gmer it fried on me amp restarted computer so I ran it with the quot sections quot clicked I saved the ark then I reran it again but with the original options amp it ran ok that time so I saved its ark also amp named it quot ark quot Im posting them both I hope that is best Ark txt sections c drive selected Ark txt the normal choices

A:Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type!

cginn73,

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your logs. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please be patient with me during this time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unable-to-find-source-of-adware-type-popup-on-both-chrome-and-ie-now-a-new-type-823929.html
Relevancy 132.37%

To Whom It May Concern or anyone willing to help About - weeks ago guesstimate I started getting a random window popup at various times while browsing online The semi-odd thing about it is -same type of popup on both ie amp my & a popup type on chrome find Unable & now grrrr started! ie, to new adware-type both Chrome browsers - I hadn t downloaded installed anything around then I havenot been able to find their source - Have not found any scan malwarebytes Panda pcpitstop Unable to find adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, & now a new type started! grrrr etc that seems to locate it nor does my Winpatrol The popup windows vary in advertisers but most frequent is for the game quot Big Farm quot They are always fullsized page amp open in a new window not just a new tab without my regular menu Unable to find adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, & now a new type started! grrrr toolbar etc on top I did notice a little icon right before the url it shows at very top clicked it amp got a menu-thing showing the permissions of the settings etc amp I could click to view cookie data in which I was thinking quot yippee I got it quot lol I can quot remove quot amp quot block quot however each time I can make sure I do all of the however it doesn t seem to help because in a little bit quot poof quot it comes up just as before Of course it can get irritating Now as of days ago I ve suddenly gotten a new amp BIGGER annoyance Quite often especially when I open my browser amp go to do anything such as switch sites pages open history etc I get a blackish popup come down about over my page and has a video box which seldom starts amp if it does play a video it doesn t ever start to play for at least seconds amp below video has a button that says quot SKIP AD in or seconds quot amp then counts down to usually a quot playnow quot amp quot download quot button shows where video screen was then I can hit the skip button amp it goes away So far I haven t been able to get the video nor the buttons etc to actually take me anywhere or do anything even I think the video is usually using jwplayer It also happens just the same nomatter if I m using Chrome or ie Any clue If I had an idea of their name or source I should be able to find some sign of their existence in regedit but I don t seem to find any indication anywhere including at top or bottom of screen when they open The two types of popups do not look or act anyway similar related P S I also have checked my extensions etc in each browser amp in my programs Thank you very much for your time amp assistance HOPEFULLY I got this all done posted right HiJackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Pinger Pinger exe C Program Files x FreeAlarmClock FreeAlarmClock exe C Program Files x BillP Studios WinPatrol WinPatrol exe C Program Files x mail com MailCheck IE mail com MailCheck Broker exe C Program Files x Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgets exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgets exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Users Christopher Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Pa... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-find-adware-type-popup-on-both-chrome-ie-now-a-new-type-started-grrrr.1124144/
Relevancy 98.9%

I am getting whacked with Horneymatch com and other pop-ups Browser is unresponsive when typing url directly into the navigation bar Google search bar unresponsive sometimes works in separate tab very slow I will be attaching the combofix and hijackthis log files Due to the inability to use the nav bar it is difficult to get the Kaspersky scan I have Trend Micro it is updated daily When i realized i was whacked mid last week i scanned the system and deleted infected files virus malware types Obviously this didn't do much Also - my monitor sometimes doesn't get recognized and i have to hard boot Unable Popup, Type To Horneymatch Direct Url several times before the monitor Horneymatch Popup, Unable To Type Url Direct kicks on Not sure if this is a coincidence or a symptom I am sending this from my second computer I will continue to try and run the Kaspersky scan and send the log along if successful Thanks in advance for your assistance ComboFix - - - Matt - - - FAT x Running from C Documents and Settings Matt Desktop ComboFix exe Other Deletions C kmd exeC WINDOWS BM c c xmlC WINDOWS pskt iniC WINDOWS system AutoRun infC WINDOWS system JiikQqru iniC WINDOWS system JiikQqru ini C WINDOWS system nstonrog iniC WINDOWS system opnKeEwu dllC WINDOWS system rqRLfGxv dllC WINDOWS system urqQkiiJ dllC WINDOWS winhelp ini Files Created from - - to - - - - - - lt DIR gt d--hs---- C FOUND - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files PrevxCSI - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data PrevxCSI - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers pxark sys - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system apphglra dll - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system kbyrttih dll - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system gvruuxwd dll - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings Gabrielle Application Data Sunbelt Software - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system SBRC dat - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system SBFC dat - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings Matt Application Data Sunbelt Software - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data TEMP - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings Matt Application Data PC Tools - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS NeroDigital ini - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system avacvbib dll - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system feshgthw dll - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system yfjfcalm dll - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings Matt Application Data Ahead - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Ahead - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Common Files Ahead - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system rwnympxf dll - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system bywfgfsw dll - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system fdomepxo dll - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS DCEBoot exe - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system ljJCstrS dll - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system iifdddET dll - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system rqRHyvTJ dll - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system geBtTLdE dll - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system ljJCrOHb dll - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system geBrrPJa dll - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system ljJYSkIa dll - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system opnooPHy dll - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system pmnoOFwV dll - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system rejeppgy dll - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings Matt Application Data dBpoweramp - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system SpoonUninstall-dBpoweramp Windows Media Audio Codec bmp - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system SpoonUninstall-dBpoweramp Windows Media Audio Codec dat - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings Gracie Application Data HPAppData - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings Gracie Application Data Aladdin Systems - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings Gracie Application Data Spamihilator - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings Gracie WINDOWS - - - - lt DIR gt d---s---- C Documents and Settings Gracie UserData - - - - lt DIR gt d--h----- C Documents and Settings Gracie ... Read more

A:Horneymatch Popup, Unable To Type Url Direct

Hello mweaver,I apologise for the delay, the forum is too busy.Please remove Combofix from your computer.----------------------------------------------RENAME HIJACKTHISUsing Windows Explore by right-clicking the Start button and left clicking Explore navigate to: C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe Right-click on HijackThis.exe & select Rename to scanner.exe and post back a new Hijackthis log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/154627/horneymatch-popup-unable-to-type-url-direct/
Relevancy 98.47%

I am using Chrome m -bit Windows Home Premium Service Pack I haven't done a thing to my computer and now I in HELP Firefox Chrome, yet Google PLEASE! in type type anything can Can't I.E. can't type into Google Chrome Omni Box Incognito or any other part of Chrome Even this message had to be done in a word document and cut amp paste here I tried my backup browser Firefox and it also has the same problem Yet when I go to my last resort IE it works fine I turned off all my extensions and add on and it still didn't work I reset Google Can't type anything in Google Chrome, Firefox yet can type in I.E. HELP PLEASE! Chrome by using Reset Settings and nothing I downloaded a new Google Chrome and still the same problem I tried to go back on my Windows using System Restore yet this didn't work as the possible earlier dates said the files were bad I tried to add another search engine under settings yet I can't type into any of the Chrome boxes I ran Malwarebytes AVG Sypbot Kasperay home scan and nothing was found I ran the Google Clean Can't type anything in Google Chrome, Firefox yet can type in I.E. HELP PLEASE! Up Tool and nothing I can access Word Pad I have msftedit dll on my system C Windows System I use AVG for my anti-virus Windows Firewall and OIbit Malaware fighter I went to Google conflicts and it said no conflicts See the results at the bottom of the page I am using Chrome m -bit Windows Home Premium Service Pack I haven't done a thing to my computer and now I can't type into Google Chrome Omni Box Incognito or any other part of Chrome Even this message had to be done in a word document and cut amp paste here I tried my backup browser Firefox and it also has the same problem Yet when I go to my last resort IE it works fine I turned off all my extensions and add on and it still didn't work I reset Google Chrome by using Reset Settings and nothing I downloaded a new Google Chrome and still the same problem I tried to go back on my Windows using System Restore yet this didn't work as the possible earlier dates said the files were bad I tried to add another search engine under settings yet I can't type into any of the Chrome boxes I ran Malwarebytes AVG Sypbot Kasperay home scan and nothing was found I ran the Google Clean Up Tool and nothing I can access Word Pad I have msftedit dll on my system C Windows System I use AVG for my anti-virus Windows Firewall and OIbit Malaware fighter I went to Google conflicts and it said no conflicts See the results at the bottom of the page Here is the info on Google Chrome version which I'm using Google Chrome Official Build m -bit Revision e e b edc a a ad dc ae e fd-refs branch-heads OS Windows Blink e e b edc a a ad dc ae e fd JavaScript V Flash User Agent Mozilla Windows NT Win x AppleWebKit KHTML like Gecko Chrome Safari Command Line C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end Executable Path C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Profile Path C Users John AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Variations b d d-afba f fb fc - f a df c bc -f a cdd eadf-ca d d ba f da-ca d d f a - d f f ebbd - f a df f c c -ca d d dca- f a df e c f -e c cd c ba-ca d d f cb b- d f f b - e d a ea a -ecbb e d b a - d f f e - cf a aa da - a e de -ca d d ce f - dd dbffab d-ca d d d aa- a e f ae a- c ad ac - e a c f c- bbed aae -d f b c ed d -e cc f f f a -d f b c e b - ad e e - ad ab - f a df Compiler MSVC Modules loaded into Google Chrome This page lists all modules loaded into the main process and modules registered to load at a later point Modules - No conflicts detected Software Signed by Version Location Microsoft Office Shell Extension Handlers Microsoft Corporation commonprogramfiles microsoft shared office msoshext dll Shell Extension -- Not loaded yet Microsoft Windows Live ID Namespace Provider Microsoft Corporation commonprogramfiles microsoft shared windows live wlidnsp dll Kaspersky Lab programdata ka... Read more

A:Can't type anything in Google Chrome, Firefox yet can type in I.E. HELP PLEASE!

I bet it has something to do with this:

Zemana AntiLogger Free Zemana Ltd. 1.8.2.320 c:\program files (x86)\keycryptsdk\keycrypt64(1).dll 

Try disabling/uninstalling it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619603/cant-type-anything-in-google-chrome-firefox-yet-can-type-in-ie-help-please/
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi i have got adware thats bringing up browser windows for quot adware [SOLVED] unable to find source Got Spyware-secure quot i cannot find the source of it or a fix I have ran AVG Lavasoft and Avast and found a few adware programs and removed them allthough some still remain other info running xp MCE sp if any more is required please ask hijack this log Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan [SOLVED] Got adware unable to find source saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM GEARSEC EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS ehome RMSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Multimedia Card Reader shwicon k exe C WINDOWS system TGVFDMsgservice exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Sony CONNECTAutoUpdate CONNECTScheduler exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C WINDOWS ehome MCXM exe C Program Files mce vlc exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast setup setup ovr C Documents and Settings Andi My Documents My Received Files HiJackThis exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exe O - HKLM Run Sunkist k C Program Files Multimedia Card Reader shwicon k exe O - HKLM Run TGX VFD quot C WINDOWS system TGVFDMsgservice exe quot O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Windows Media Connect quot C Program Files Windows Media Connect WMCCFG exe quot StartQuiet O - HKLM Run CONNECTScheduler quot C Program Files Sony CONNECTAutoUpdate CONNECTScheduler exe quot RUN SCHEDULER O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Progr... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Got adware unable to find source

Apologies for the delay in responding.

The workload on this forum is intense, and sometimes it is not possible to respond to every inquiry.

Please download SmitfraudFix
Extract the files to the Desktop

~~~~
Start the computer in Safe Mode :When the machine reboots, tap the F8 key before Windows starts
You are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Press Enter to boot into Safe Mode.

~~~~
Open SmitfraudFix Double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select Option 2 - Clean by typing 2 and press Enter (Deletes infected files)
You are prompted: Do you want to clean the registry? answer Y (yes) and hit Enter in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.
The tool also checks if a relevant file, wininet.dll, is infected.
You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found).
Replace infected file? Answer Y (yes) and hit Enter to restore a clean file.

~~~~
Restart the computer to complete the removal process.

~~~~
Now, download ComboFix
Save it to the Desktop

Double-click combofix.exe to run the program
Follow the prompts.
(Don't click on the window while the program is running, it may cause your system to stall.)

When finished, a log, ComboFix.txt, is produced.

~~~~
Run HijackThis once again to obtain a new log.

~~~~
Please post the SmitFraudFix report located at C:\rapport.txt , the ComboFix.txt, and a new HijackThis log in your reply.

>>Also, please do not post your logs using code. Thanks!!<<

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/solved-got-adware-unable-to-find-source-188489.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I've searched on Lenovo's site with no luck, from the pull down menu they don't have the J115 listed (they start at J200). Where aren't these drivers on Lenovo? Where can they be found? Thank you for any help you can provide.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Unable to find drivers for Lenovo 3000 J115 (type ...

Hello Munchkin, welcome to the communities,

If you go to the support site and click on the word Support" at the top a menu will open, please select the item second from bottom in the second column from the left; End-of-Life Products; this will bring you to the driver site for older products which are no longer catered for on the main support site;

EOL End Of Life Product resource

Once there you need to select as follows;
Type; Desktops & All-In-Ones
Series, Lenovo 3000 J Series
Sub series; J115 .......

Happy installing

Edit; edited link to remove unwanted smileys.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Beacon-Stick-300-D-J-and/Unable-to-find-drivers-for-Lenovo-3000-J115-type-7387-7387A11/td-p/2197958
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi I have pop up error message Unable to cast object of type System Boolean to object 'System.String'" to Solved: Unable type type cast 'System.Boolean' to of type System String quot comes up every Solved: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Boolean' to type 'System.String'" time windows started So Solved: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Boolean' to type 'System.String'" I check the msconfig if some start up software has error but I couldn t find anything I unchecked all start up application and reboot it but still have error message So I go event viewer then I found the error happened in the same time I start up the windows so this might be the one This is info for error I got Log Name Application Source WMI Event ID Level error Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected Is there any way to fix this error so that pop up error might stop Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Boolean' to type 'System.String'"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-cast-object-of-type-system-boolean-to-type-system-string.1084910/
Relevancy 91.16%

Finally after 3 weeks I find this solve for this error message

{ Unable to cast object of type system.boolean to type system.string }

by this tool " CCleaner" and It's works! 100%

Enjoy ​

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-cast-object-of-type-system-boolean-to-type-system-string-solved.1094703/
Relevancy 83.42%

I don't know where to post this, but I'm burning with XP.

I'm burning lots of double sets of CDs lately(all my personal favorite songs) and am looking for the kind of cases that hinge only on one side, Not on both ends, if you know what I mean.

I've bought lots of 2 CD albums(the last one was a Jimmy Buttett double CD) and they always break when you try to get into that 2nd CD on the bottom(that the case hinges on the right for).

For the ones I'm making for myself, I want the other type of double case that is better. Both flaps that the CDs attach to are hinged on the same side(the left side of the case)

Does anybody know where I can get a bulk amount of That type for a good price?

A:good source for THIS type double CD caes?

you're on the wrong board for this info..
try hardware forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/good-source-for-this-type-double-cd-caes.160799/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi,
I apologize if this is not the right section, this seemed to be the most suitable.
I am using a 3D Connexion mouse and when I try to execute an executable file for the software configuration, I get the following error?
"Exception: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Configuration.Internal.ConfigurationManagerInternal' to type 'System.Configuration.Internal.IConfigSystem'"
I've talked with the mouse vendor and they have no idea.  My OS is Win7 64.  Does anybody know what this is?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c619ecf6-c283-4481-87c4-b80c2f3fe3cc/exception-unable-to-cast-object-of-type?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 80.84%

I haven't figured out how to get rid of it.. i don't see anything I set in ease of access.  it's making like s a squish sound every few letter i type.  it doesn't do it like for every letter.  it's not when i touch the mouse pad either.  please give me some ideas on how this happened..??

A:Inspiron. I don't know what settings I screw up on but when i type I hear like a squishing sound on every so many letters i type.

Always include your model name and number as well as the operating system when posting a question. Also include a clearer explanation of the problem.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682841
Relevancy 80.84%

So lately i found this nifty lil Twitter app that comes with Windows 10 But when i click a tweet with a vine retweet or such it gives me an error saying "Unsupported Video Type Invalid File Type" Has anyone been using the twitter app lately and are getting the same error?
-Cheetha

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/43686-unsupported-video-type-invalid-file-type-windows-10-twitter-app.html
Relevancy 80.84%

so a few years back i read a magazine that said to change the type of computer in device manager to standard pc because it made the computer run a little better or faster so now i ve got my laptop and i ve noticed it type type device in manager! can't computer back original to change getting slower and thought that i would can't change computer type back to original type in device manager! do this VERY BAD MOVE i can still boot windows and everything - it meant that i had to let the computer reinstall all of can't change computer type back to original type in device manager! the drivers for my hardware - but i have noticed in the device manager now that there are two instances of standard pc there is also a new section titled other devices with about devices that seem to have no driver for them - some mention ISA so i am guessing that changing to standard pc means that windows thinks my laptop is now a desktop pc with ISA slots i find that when i put my laptop lid down the thing shuts down when i press the power button it turns off straight away doesn t even shut down i had had the laptop configured for ages to do nothing when i closed the lid and give me shut down options when i pressed the power button i look in power options and i can only cinfigure the monitor screen and hard disk power off options - every other option is not available when i do bring up the shut down options i can no longer choose standby i have also realised that i can not turn on my wireless connection - i ve tried all sorts to get it to work with no avail the laptop is an acer ferrari and when i call up the manager app it says that bluetooth and wireless are not present by the way i can still get the bluetooth button to work - correction - it starts up with the button on but if i turn it off it won t let me turn it on again the emanager and presentation manager buttons on the laptops casing don t work either i have to access them via software route my questions are is it possible that something is going on with the acer part of my system - with regards to the buttons and also the wireless and bluetooth can i change my computer type back to acpi uniprocessor pc yes it is compatible and will this solve all of my power option limitations other device entries have i got any of my suspicions right and is there anything i ve missed by the way - i really really really don t want to reinstall windows xp all over again because it has taken me about months and COUNTLESS hours to customise my system to a T i was hoping to get it perfect and then backup an image so i have a better starting block in the future if i reinstall the system i haven t got the windows install discs on me because they are at another location far away and i can t get them very easily at all - i do have an image to reinstall from however but it would take forever to recustomise everything again every bit of help is a life saver - thank you in advance even ideas are appreciated Steve nbsp

A:can't change computer type back to original type in device manager!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-computer-type-back-to-original-type-in-device-manager.589607/
Relevancy 80.41%

I set up an Outlook account on a new-to-me laptop I had been Is device? default type type of deteremined email by account unable to download email for several months since I didn't have a computer I had been saving the emails I wanted to keep and had planned on downloading them into my new computer After setting up the account it appeared the system automatically downloaded Is default email account type deteremined by type of device? all of my email from the server I know this is default behavior which I turn off So I went through that process double-checked to see that all the email was downloaded and went out to my server I discovered that what I thought were copies of the emails were left on the servier I didn't want that to happen I dug around to find the location that I have used many times to do this and couldn't remember or find the location to make this change So I came to Seven Forums I saw the step-by-step instructions go to the account select it click change click advanced and uncheck the box that says quot Leave a copy of email on server quot When I went to the advanced dialog box for changing accounts I discovered there wasn't any such box I dug around some more decided to subscribe here and ask why mine was different In the mean time since all the email was downloaded to my computer I went back out to my server deleted all the email and purged the trash Then I went back to my Oullook and discovered all the email that I had quot downloaded quot was gone After digging some more and callling my ISP service desk I discovered that I had set up an IMAP account rather than a POP account There was no place to change this in this account so I deleted the account and went through the process again When I got to the account type the only types showing were IMAP and exchange There may have been another option but the important thing is that POP was not one of the options Down at the bottom of the screen was a checkbox to allow custom set up I checked that and discovered there the POP choice I clicked that and the account behaved as I want deleting copies of emails from the server as they are actually downloaded I have set up several Outlook accounts on various computers before This is the first time I have ever had this happen I have never seen the IMAP as a default before but this is also the first time I have installed it on a laptop Was it this way BECAUSE I was adding the account on a laptop There was another account on the computer which I deleted and it was a POP account so it wasn't some sort of previous setting that just followed over All I know for sure is that having this as default cost me a bunch of time and effort and some extremely important emails Any feedback besides quot Pay closer attention to what your various screens say when you are setting up an account dummy quot

A:Is default email account type deteremined by type of device?

Hello Hagridore and Welcome to Seven Forums!

No, I don't believe the problem is because it is a Laptop.
Email can be very confusing to setup with the different protocols such as POP3, IMAP, and MAPI.

Referring to "Outlook" can be confusing, as it can mean different things.
Outlook may mean the MS Office Outlook client email program, or an Outlook.com email address.
MS has created confusion here imho.
When you say "Outlook accounts" do you mean email accounts in the Outlook client program, or Outlook.com email address's, or both ?
What email client program are you using, such as MS Office Outlook, MS Windows Live Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, ... ?
Also fwiw, for WEB (online) access, Hotmail accounts are being converted to the outlook "WEB format" now...just to make it more fun

From what I know, setting up an Outlook.com (or Hotmail) email address with IMAP does not work without a 3rd party paid solution.
MS uses their own proprietary MAPI protocol (or POP3) for hotmail/outlook email address's accessed in a client program.
If it is possible to use an Outlook(Hotmail) email account with IMAP in a client email program, I would like to know how!

When I delete a POP account (Windows Live Mail) I get a warning about messages that might be lost...
Did you get a warning message when you deleted the POP account?

edit:
I just looked at this again, and see it's in the Office forum.
So, can I assume you are using MS Office Outlook on all the PC's?
If so, what version(s)?
Also, who is the email provider such as Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, MS, ...?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/283902-default-email-account-type-deteremined-type-device.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Referred from here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/270562/annoying-nexplore-popup/ ~ OBI'm suffering from some sort of infection that recognizes what web page I'm looking at, and will open up a similar seeming page like it.i open google = Nexplorer opens as welli open my college home page = an add saying Three easy steps to get your online degreei open eBay = an ad for a secret government auction sighti open my insurance sight = an ad saying how i can save 500 dollars a yearget the idea?my Firefox pop up blocker is on so i know its not that.and no odd processes stick out in task manager.i still don't recognize half the stuff in process explorer so i really cant say in that aspect.DDS.scr wont complete so i was told to list OTL log instead.

A:Odd Nexplorer popup type infection

Hello! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. In order to see what's going on with your computer I'll ask for you to post various logs from the tools that we will use to resolve your issue. Please also share with me any information about how your computer is reacting and behaving each step of the way as we work through this process.Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:Link 1Link 2Link 3Important!You should NOT use Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is intended by its creator to be used under the guidance and supervision of an Malware Removal Expert, not for private use.Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. Make sure that you save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopDisable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools

Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.

As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please copy and paste the contents of C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273447/odd-nexplorer-popup-type-infection/
Relevancy 79.55%

How do I search a directory for a file type, and have it only show files that aren't that file type.
For example, searching a directory for only .jpg, and have the search only show files that are not .jpg, such as .txt, .png, etc.

Relevancy 79.55%

Hi
Windows 8 hypervisor hyper v is bare metal hypervisor. And vmware workstation is not. So will the new any difference between these two in terms of performance on a Windows 8 machine?
Is there any article document contrasting these scenarios?

A:Performance comparison of type 2 hypervisor vs type 1 hype

A simple web search should give you plenty of information.

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/30179-performance-comparison-type-2-hypervisor-vs-type-1-hype.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello,

I recently installed a program given to me my a friend who said that it was clean. My own scans also did not pick up anything. After installing I started noticing the following:

Small popups on the lower right hand corner of the open internet explorer windown.
Large popups as a new window.
Google searches or clicked links will lead to ads (cashtitans, rewards vault).
Under processes in task manager, there are 3 iexplorer.exe even though I have only one window open.
Out of screen internet explorer windows (sounds from ads, a bubble telling me that the previous session was restored pointing off my screen area..etc).

I have done the following:
Adaware scan (8.2.6) - no findings
Trend Micro Internet Security Pro 16 scan - no findings

I am running:
Windows Vista
P4 Duo Dell 530

Please advise, your time is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Philip Liu

A:Infected by some type of Adware Please help

I recently installed a program given to me my a friend who said that it was clean.Get another opinion. Go to Jotti's virusscan or VirusTotal. In the "File to upload & scan" box, browse to the location of that file and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis.-- Post back with the results of the file analysis.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.46) and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.If Malwarebytes Anti-Malware results in any error messages, check the Help file's list of error codes within its program folder first. If you do not find any information, please refer to Common Issues, Questions, and their Solutions, Frequently Asked Questions. If the error you are receiving is not in the list, please report it here so the research team can investigate.Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, please refer to the suggestions provided in For those having trouble running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329678/infected-by-some-type-of-adware-please-help/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi. I cannot use keyboard in Google Chrome. After 2-3 min surfing and chating with friends keyboard stop response. Cannot type anything, everywhere. Enter and space are working but the letters are not working. I can open new tab and use favorite bar. I open any site and keyboard still not response. All other apps on my laptop are working fine. No Malwares. Deleting all cache, history, everything. Fresh windows from 1 day. Just Google Chrome making problems. If anyone have any idea from what can be this problem it will be nice. Thank you guys. Sorry for my english.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/380787-cannot-type-google-chrome.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Fixing one computer for a friend has only gotten me more work - this time it's her daughter's desktop I think I got this mostly clean but Adware Type Uncertain / Malware - I'd appreciate if someone could take a peek at my logs to let me know if there's more that needs to go Thank you Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post this as Malware / Adware - Type Uncertain an attachment with your post ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Information ----------------------------------------------------------Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language EnglishCPU AMD Sempron Processor Percentage of Memory in Use Malware / Adware - Type Uncertain Physical Memory total avail MiB MiBPagefile Memory total avail MiB MiBVirtual Memory total avail MiB MiBC is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is Fixed FAT - GiB total GiB free E is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST AS - GiB - partitions PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C PARTITION - Unknown - GiB - D -- Malware / Adware - Type Uncertain Security Center -------------------------------------------------------------AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is enabled FirstRunDisabled is set AV avast antivirus VPS - v ALWIL Software HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Compaq Connections Program Compaq Connections exe quot quot C Program Files Compaq Connections Program Compaq Connections exe Enabled Compaq Connections quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Compaq Connections Program Compaq Connections exe quot quot C Program Files Compaq Connections Program Compaq Connections exe Enabled Compaq Connections quot quot C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess TaskPanl exe quot quot C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess TaskPanl exe Enabled Earthlink quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot -- Environment Variables -------------------------------------------------------ALLUSERSPROFILE C Documents and Settings All UsersAPPDATA C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner Application DataCLIENTNAME ConsoleCommonProgramFiles C Program Files Common FilesCOMPUTERNAME COMPAQComSpec C WINDOWS system cmd exeFP NO HOST CHECK NOHOMEDRIVE C HOMEPATH Documents and Settings Compaq OwnerLOGONSERVER COMPAQNUMBER OF PROCESSORS OS Windows NTPath C WINDOWS system C WINDOWS C WINDOWS System Wbem c Python PATHEXT COM EXE BAT CMD VBS VBE JS JSE WSF WSHPROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE x PROCESSOR IDENTIFIER x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMDPROCESSOR LEVEL PROCESSOR REVISION f ProgramFiles C Program FilesPROMPT P GSESSIONNAME ConsoleSonicCentral c Program Files Common Files Sonic Shared Sonic Central SystemDrive C SystemRoot C WINDOWSTEMP C DOCUME COMPAQ LOCALS TempTMP C DOCUME COMPAQ LOCALS TempUSERDOMAIN COMPAQUSERNAME Compaq OwnerUSERPROFILE C Documents and Settings Compaq Ownerwindir C WINDOWS-- User Profiles ---------------------------------------------------------------Compaq Owner admin -- Add Remove Programs --------------------------------------------------------- -- quot C Program Files HP Games Airstrike Gulf Thunder Uninstall exe quot -- quot C Program Files HP Games Alien Shooter Uninstall exe quot -- quot C Program Files HP Games Bejeweled Deluxe Uninstall exe quot -- quot C Program Files HP Games Bistro Stars Uninstall exe quot -- quot C Program Files HP Games Blackhawk Striker Uninstall exe quot -- quot C Program Files HP Games Blasterball Remix Uninstall exe quot -- quot C Program Files HP Games Blasterball Revolution Uninstall... Read more

A:Malware / Adware - Type Uncertain

I resolved this elsewhere. Thanks, and I hope this didn't inconvenience anyone.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/155554/malware-adware-type-uncertain/
Relevancy 78.69%

hi everyone I Infection Of Sure Spyware/adware Type) (not am computer illiterate so I apologize for my ignorance in this matter I seem to have some sort of spyware or adware on my computer Spyware/adware Infection (not Sure Of Type) op system windows XP In the lower right taskbar red circles with white x's are popping up saying that my computer is in danger and spyware adware has been detected I deleted all internet and temporary files and ran the ad-aware and spybot to no avail The following is my hijack this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC WINDOWS System mcamcap exeC WINDOWS System dxvwalow exeC WINDOWS System kernels exeC WINDOWS System spoolsvv exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC WINDOWS System exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Windows xpupdate exeC WINDOWS System DRIVERS CDANTSRV EXEC Program Files Yahoo Antivirus ISafe exeC WINDOWS System DVDRAMSV exeC Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Yahoo Antivirus VetMsg exeC WINDOWS wanmpsvc exeC WINDOWS System dlh jkdq exeC WINDOWS System dlh jkdq exeC WINDOWS System dxvwvctm exeC WINDOWS System vxgamet exeC WINDOWS System vxgamet exeC WINDOWS System vxgamet exeC WINDOWS System vxgamet exeC WINDOWS System vxgamet exeC WINDOWS System vxgamet exeC WINDOWS System vxgamet exeC WINDOWS System wuauclt exeC Program Files America Online a waol exeC Program Files America Online a shellmon exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC WINDOWS System dxvwibqm exeC Program Files FavoRipper FavoRipper exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exeC WINDOWS System dxvwlkvu exeC Program Files FotoFinish FotoFinish exeC Documents and Settings MDiv Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize search ie htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www myspace com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http verizon yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize search ie htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http verizon yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Verizon OnlineO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dllO - BHO ieCom Class - C CEAC -D C- D - AF- BABD FD - C Program Files URL Organizer UrlOrgIE dllO - BHO no name - D CCDBD-C C - C - A B- B FD F - C WINDOWS system winnuts dllO - BHO SidebarAutoLaunch Class - F AA - - -B C -A CCDF CBF D - C Program Files Yahoo browser YSidebarIEBHO dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Ru... Read more

A:Spyware/adware Infection (not Sure Of Type)

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. Before we can get started on fixing your problem you must change the location of Hijackthis. It should not run from a temp directory. Download and run the HijackThis autoinstall program Please choose the default location of C:\Program Files as the destination.Run the program only from that location from now on. It is essential that you follow these steps or certain important features of the program will not function correctly.Once you have Hijackthis running from this folder, please reboot and post a new hijackthis log as a reply in this thread.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/53303/spywareadware-infection-not-sure-of-type/
Relevancy 78.69%

I have a new Gateway Media Ctr adserver adware with type Problems PC and recently started getting these annoying adserver windows opening and directing to certain sites If I leave my pc unattended for a while there could be tons of these windows opened I've gone thru all the steps outlined in the Problems with adserver type adware malware removal process you list and have attached Problems with adserver type adware my HJT log below Can you see anything listed that would be generating these ad windows AdAware removed some stuff and SpyBot CW Shredder and HouseCall found nothing after that Any insight would be greatly appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System Problems with adserver type adware smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Cox Applications app Prism exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files Gateway EzTune dtsslsrv exe c program files cox applications app CurtainsSysSvcNt exe C Program Files Gateway EzTune dtsrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Command Software dvpapi exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe C WINDOWS zHotkey exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files WinPortrait wpctrl exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL EE AOLHOS EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Update Keygen exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL EE AOLServiceHost exe C Program Files WinPortrait floater exe C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop Hijack This HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gatewaybiz com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gatewaybiz com F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system AUserInit exe O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AuthBHO cBHO - A D - CB - - C -A AB D A D - C Program Files Cox Applications app AuthBHO dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll O - Toolbar Cox Popup Blocker - -B EA- B - B - D C - C Program Files Cox Applications app AuthBHO dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run SunKistEM C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe O - HKLM Run CHotkey zHotkey exe O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL EE AOLHostManager exe O - HKLM Run AOL Spyware Protection quot C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Sched... Read more

A:Problems with adserver type adware

I am also being bombarded with windows from ad.bannerconnect.net

Thanks,
Jim

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/problems-with-adserver-type-adware-92523.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello everyone So about a week ago I was streaming some videos online and I fell for the old Codec-C plugin required trick I should have known better but I was tired and clicked it stupidly anyways I have ran MBAM and Spybot Search amp Destroy but the adware is still C of type or malware/adware Codec some other there I see it on top of Yahoo as well as quot Ads not by facebook quot on my page and other pages Moreover random words are hyperlinked in various posts on message boards or regular websites Getting rid of this pest would be very helpful as it is slowing down my computer I have attached the proper DDS log but I can not attach a GMER log as the scan isn t working the top boxes are grayed out so I can not check them for the proper scan Any help would be appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer Run by Kareem at on - - Codec C or some other type of malware/adware Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP STOPzilla Anti-Spyware Disabled Updated B E - DC- CA- A -AAB Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C windows system wininit exe C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C windows system atiesrxx exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System GFNEXSrv exe C windows System spoolsv exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x SafeConnect scManager sys C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C windows system TODDSrv exe C Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TosCoSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TECO TecoService exe C Program Files x AVG AVG AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C windows system atieclxx exe C windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C windows system Dwm exe C windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine SymcPCCULaunchSvc exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files Toshiba FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Toshiba TECO Teco exe C Program Files Toshiba BulletinBoard TosNcCore exe C Program Files Toshiba ReelTime TosReelTimeMonitor exe C Program Files Toshiba SmartFaceV SmartFaceVWatcher exe C Windows System spool drivers x EKIJ MUI exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x ooVoo ooVoo exe C... Read more

A:Codec C or some other type of malware/adware

Hello and Welcome to Bleeping Computer!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Security CheckDownload Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 31. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450031/codec-c-or-some-other-type-of-malwareadware/
Relevancy 78.26%

Since about weeks both laptops startup extremely slow whereby the ZG is slower than the P -M 15" P273-M type type Travelmate and 5742ZG 17" wit... It can take more than minutes before the ZG responds on mouse commands in a Travelmate 15" type 5742ZG and 17" type P273-M wit... normal way The P -M is quicker but also significantly slower than before Both laptops react in a similar way during startup CPU and RAM usage drop off after a few minutes but there remains nbsp a high level of disk I O on both laptops After the harddisk I O becomes normal both laptops operate in a normal way for the rest of the time Both laptops I have upgraded to Windows a few months ago and both worked ok My impression is Travelmate 15" type 5742ZG and 17" type P273-M wit... that after the latest Windows update to build startup has become so slow Checked Taskmgr on harddisk activity at Travelmate 15" type 5742ZG and 17" type P273-M wit... startup and found the following same for both laptops Service Host local system network limitations Service Host local service network limitations Service Host local systemare responsable for disk I O of to during to minutes at every startup Both laptops are cleaned regularly by running Privazer Also the list of startup programs in Windows auto start is very limited No virusses and malware found Also used Windows Problem Solver but nothing found Also done nothing special with both laptops indicating to me it has something to do with the Windows update s Does anyone has an idea

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Travelmate-15-quot-type-5742ZG-and-17-quot-type-P273-M-with/td-p/405818
Relevancy 78.26%

Since about weeks both laptops startup extremely slow and 5742ZG 15" type type 17" wit... Travelmate P273-M whereby the ZG is slower than the P -M It can take more than minutes before the ZG responds on mouse commands in a normal way The P -M is quicker but also significantly slower than before Both laptops react in a similar way during startup CPU and RAM usage drop off after a few minutes but there remains nbsp a high level of disk I O on Travelmate 15" type 5742ZG and 17" type P273-M wit... both laptops After the harddisk I O becomes Travelmate 15" type 5742ZG and 17" type P273-M wit... normal both laptops operate in a normal way for the rest of the time Both laptops I have upgraded to Windows a few months ago and both worked ok My impression is that after the latest Windows update to build startup has become so slow Checked Taskmgr on harddisk activity at startup and found the following same for both laptops Service Host local system network limitations Service Host local service network limitations Service Host local systemare responsable for disk I O of to during to minutes at every startup Both laptops are cleaned regularly by running Privazer Also the list of startup programs in Windows auto start is very limited No virusses and malware found Also used Windows Problem Solver but nothing found Also done nothing special with both laptops indicating to me it has something to do with the Windows update s Does anyone has an idea

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Travelmate-15-quot-type-5742ZG-and-17-quot-type-P273-M-with/td-p/405818/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 78.26%

I have 2 router one is a thompsons speed touch (wire) and the other a linksys(wireless) and i cant get the ps3 to connect to the internet properly everytime i try i get nat type 3 (that is limited connectivity) so if anyone know how to configure the router so i wont have that problem please help

A:Solved: How to get from nat type 3 to nat type 2 using two routers one wired other n

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-get-from-nat-type-3-to-nat-type-2-using-two-routers-one-wired-other-n.788709/
Relevancy 77.83%

My father's computer recently acquired a new virus that's been playing havoc It opens up internet explorer randomly and loads up various quot anti-virus software quot pages It also forces random notices about malware that it has found and tries to get us to download more software Not only that but the computer is slowing down and task manager and registry editor have been disabled It's also blocked him from changing Adware/Malware Help of with removal type) (unsure his desktop image from the desktop tap in display properties For awhile the background was just a blue screen with a box of oddly colored rectangles in the middle of it Now it's disappeared and been replaced by the active desktop recovery background I really need some help fixing this one so thanks in advance and here is the HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Help with Adware/Malware removal (unsure of type) WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exeC Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exeC Program Files Common Files Autodesk Shared Service AdskScSrv exeC Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltpspd exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Kaneva Platform bin KEPController exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exeC Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC mysql bin mysqld-nt exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeC Program Files Windows Media Connect WMCCFG exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exeC Program Files Lexmark series lxbtbmgr exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYSC WINDOWS odb exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exeC Program Files Lexmark series lxbtbmon exeC WINDOWS system ScsiAccess EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exeC Program Files BigFix BigFix exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exec program files common files aol ee services antiSpywareApp ver AOLSP Scheduler exeC Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program backWeb- exec program files common files aol ee aolsoftware exeC Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Streamload MediaMax XL StreamloadService exeC WINDOWS system wdfmgr exeC WINDOWS wanmpsvc exeC Program Files Windows Media Connect wmccds exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http optonline net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Searc... Read more

A:Help with Adware/Malware removal (unsure of type)

Hello sdryf3,Sorry about the delay. If you still need help, please post a new HijackThis log to make sure nothing has changed, and I'll be happy to look at it for you.Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/200502/help-with-adwaremalware-removal-unsure-of-type/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello, I need to know what type my RAM is.. if it is either DDR 400 or something else, people has told me it is DDR 400 due to this screenshot

but it is only running at 200 Mhz, If my ram is DDR 400 how come it is only running at 200 Mhz instead of 400 Mhz

Thanks.

A:How do I find out what type my ram is?

Pc3200 and DDR 400 are one and the same.

but it is only running at 200 Mhz, If my ram is DDR 400 how come it is only running at 200 Mhz instead of 400 Mhz

Thanks.Click to expand...

Because it is DOUBLE DATA RATE (DDR) which means it sends the signal twice so 200mhz X2 = 400mhz

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-find-out-what-type-my-ram-is.52945/
Relevancy 77.83%

How do I figure out what MB i have in my computer?? The comp i am looking at was custom built so I have no idea what kind it is. if i could get some help i would love it =P thanks

A:How do i find out what type of MB

Go here http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
and download BelArc Advisor. Great program and it should give you the needed info.

SeeYa

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-find-out-what-type-of-mb.85609/
Relevancy 77.83%

For the past few days I've been plagued with adware that has been continually annoying me. Adware along the lines of tr553, ads by jabuticaba, and reimage repair. I've used software such as adwcleaner, malwarebytes, and hitmanpro, which after "cleansing" the adware, still occurs in my browser. I'm running out of options and getting a growing headache :/

A:Getting adware, but can't find source

Try using JRT { Junkware Removal Tool }  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/junkware-removal-tool/

If that doesnt help

Run -  FRST http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/
and post the results of logs in your next post for someone to look at and if infected , thread will be moved to Malware Section for Team to guide you through the process of removing any etc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586647/getting-adware-but-cant-find-source/
Relevancy 77.4%

my laptop kept on having window security alert due to spyware remote spy type b risk lvl high and Trojan alert from norton program need help thank you Secuity Spyware.RemoteSpy Popup Vista [B-Type] Alert from in advace here is my hjt log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows System smss exe C Windows system csrss exe C Windows system csrss exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system winlogon exe C Windows Spyware.RemoteSpy [B-Type] Popup from Vista Secuity Alert system services exe C Windows system lsass exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA SmoothView SmoothView exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C Windows system svchost exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Windows system TODDSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TosCoSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Uniblue SpyEraser SpyEraser exe C Users admin AppData Roaming Google visfdw exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine MCUI EXE C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit C Windows system userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run TPwrMain ProgramFiles TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain EXE O - HKLM Run SmoothView ProgramFiles Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run ISTray quot C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe quot O - HKCU Run Aim quot C Program Files AIM aim exe quot d locale en-US ee aol imApp O - HKCU Run Uniblue SpyEraser quot C Program Files Uniblue SpyEraser SpyEraser exe quot -m O - HKCU Run Uniblue RegistryBooster c program files uniblue registrybooster StartRegistryBo... Read more

A:Spyware.RemoteSpy [B-Type] Popup from Vista Secuity Alert

Spyware.RemoteSpy [B-Type] Popup from Vista Secuity Alert kept on popping up i dont feel safe using the pc.... please some one help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/spyware-remotespy-b-type-popup-from-vista-secuity-alert.768666/
Relevancy 76.97%

My parents' computer was infected with some type of adware I don't remember the name of it I used Malwarebytes Spybot and Microsoft's Security Essentials in attempts to get rid of it once and for all I think it is gone now Internet Explorer seems to be working okay now but startup has changed to be startup type but with removed, infected - slow Was some of I it's think adware super slow still - especially connecting to the wifi network which can take up to minutes now I'm not sure if they're Was infected with some type of adware - I think it's removed, but slow startup related but the timing seems right Something that I Was infected with some type of adware - I think it's removed, but slow startup did while cleaning may have changed something so that it takes forever to startup now I'm looking to see what processes and programs I can get rid of that are still on here and obviously anything else that might be causing trouble I've copied and pasted the DDS text file below and attached the attach text file Any help in reviewing these files and giving some advice would be HUGELY appreciated Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer Run by Peter at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Was infected with some type of adware - I think it's removed, but slow startup Enabled Updated F CFC - A -FC -EF - A E AB SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated F E - -F B -D A - EE D C SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Spybot - Search and Destroy Enabled Updated BC DF - CCA- D-A -C CA F A B Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files DigitalPersona Bin DpHostW exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP QuickTouch HPKBDAPP exe C Program Files DigitalPersona Bin DpAgent exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Browny Brother BrStMonW exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDTray exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files ControlCenter BrCtrlCntr exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe C Program Files ControlCenter BrCcUxSys exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay Kernel TV QPCapSvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDFSSvc exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDUpdSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWSCSvc exe C Program Files Browny BrYNSvc exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C PROGRAM FILES SYNAPTICS SYNTP SYNTPHELPER EXE C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost... Read more

A:Was infected with some type of adware - I think it's removed, but slow startup

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/561754 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561754/was-infected-with-some-type-of-adware-i-think-its-removed-but-slow-startup/
Relevancy 76.97%

To find the type of motherboard, I've gone through the System Information and apparently the "System Model" is supposed to be the motherboard. But all mine shows is "Inspiron 660." I've read that Dell, which is what I have, renames them. My concern involves that KB3133977 Windows update with Asus motherboards. I do my updates manually and have unchecked this update, so I assume I'm safe for now. But would still like to know if I even have an Asus motherboard.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonk...boot-up-problem/?linkId=24177765#3d0b8d76395e

Thanks!!

My computer: Dell Inspiron 660, Win7, 64 bit. (Purchased new in 2013, if that makes any difference.)

A:How can I find the type of motherboard I have?

If you go to Dell's support and download site and input your service tag number, it will show you your exact model you have. From there you find your exact system specs which will include your specific mobo.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Products/?app=drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-find-the-type-of-motherboard-i-have.1170925/
Relevancy 76.97%

I came across an old DVD with data on it. Most of the files have file extensions however two of them don't one is 600kb the other 300kb. Is there any way of figuring out what kind of files these are

A:How do I find out file type?

Not sure. Maybe see if Ubuntu (Live CD) recognizes file extensions for those.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-i-find-out-file-type-599622.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I am in the progress of making a digital photo album but was wondering if there is a file type that can handle images, videos, and music all in one simple file.
Imagine a .pdf file that handles music and videos that is not limited like .pdfs. It is really hard to explain. This software here is pretty close but not quite there. http://www.3dissue.com/ I want more options than that software though. It seems like I will have to make a new file type.

Relevancy 76.97%

Hi all

I want to install a second hard drive into my spare drive bay.

However, upon looking online for a hard drive there appears to be more than one type - IDE, ATA etc.

Is there any small piece of software that can tell me? Unfortunately, my PC came from PC world and I did not receive any kind of manual.

For information I have a Packard Bell I-Media 5051 pc, 512RAM, 40GB HD, Intel Celeron 1.8GHZ processor.

Any help would be appreciated.

Si

A:How Do I Find Out Which Type Of Hardrive I Have?

Good Morning:
I found this Packard Bell italian page with your computer's info:

http://www.packardbell.it/products/node1601.asp?partNumber=PB13209906

As you can see, your unit comes with a 160 gb hard drive. IDE and ATA will function the same. Take a look:

http://www.thepc.info/ide-scsi.html

I don't know if you need more than 160 gb, unless you are doing some serious heave multimedia storage. Good Luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-find-out-which-type-of-hardrive-i-have.313208/
Relevancy 76.97%

I know its a celeron but I don't know which one, it has a 2.6 ghz processor 1 giggabyte of ram. xp pro.

Thanks guys.

A:How can I find out what type of celeron I have ie:l,ll,lll,d

Download SIW it should tell you.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/gtopala/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-find-out-what-type-of-celeron-i-have-ie-l-ll-lll-d.41825/
Relevancy 76.97%

How can I find out the the type of memory i use and its frequency?

Relevancy 76.54%

Hi please help this is a relatively new computer but it has started having new windows tabs popping up endlessly If i try doing something on the computer like opening a program or typing in the start search window the process accelerates For some reason when i open chrome in sandboxie it works ok for a while but then gets going again i desperately need my computer to function as in type address tabs bar chrome endlessly cannot new and opens i work from it I have tried searching for what virus it is by googling symptoms but nothing I have also run avast kaspersky tdds sophos and malwarebytes all coming up negative I also admit to having tried both hijack this which keeps chrome opens new tabs endlessly and cannot type in address bar generating new file missing items that i 'fix' but reappear and combofix also to no avail I did both before coming to this site Thank you for any and all help So depressed by this Here are the dds files UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED DO NOT POST THIS LOG IF REQUESTED ZIP IT UP amp ATTACH IT DDS Ver - - Disk Partitions Disabled Device Manager Items System Restore Points No restore point in system Installed Programs Torrent Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Adobe Reader XI AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding AMD APP SDK Runtime AMD Catalyst Install Manager AMD Drag and Drop Transcoding AMD Fuel AMD Media Foundation Decoders AMD Steady Video Plug-In AMD VISION Engine Control Center calibre Camtasia Studio CarbonPoker Catalyst Control Center - Branding Catalyst Control Center Graphics Previews Common Catalyst Control Center InstallProxy Catalyst Control Center Localization All ccc-utility CCC Help Chinese Standard CCC Help Chinese Traditional CCC Help Czech CCC Help Danish CCC Help Dutch CCC Help English CCC Help Finnish CCC Help French CCC Help German CCC Help Greek CCC Help Hungarian CCC Help Italian CCC Help Japanese CCC Help Korean CCC Help Norwegian CCC Help Polish CCC Help Portuguese CCC Help Russian CCC Help Spanish CCC Help Swedish CCC Help Thai CCC Help Turkish ComicRack v Comodo Dragon COMODO Internet Security Full Tilt Poker GeekBuddy Google Chrome Google Update Helper Java Update Java Auto Updater K-Lite Codec Pack Full Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile Microsoft NET Framework Extended Microsoft Visual C Redistributable - x Microsoft Visual C Redistributable - x Microsoft Visual C Redistributable - x Microsoft Visual C x Redistributable - Microsoft Visual C x Redistributable - Panda Cloud Cleaner ParadisePoker PartyPoker PokerStars PokerStars fr PokerStrategy com Equilab PokerTracker remove only PostgreSQL ProPokerTools Odds Oracle Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver Realtek HDMI Audio Driver for ATI Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Sandboxie -bit Skype Sophos Virus Removal Tool StarCraft II TeamViewer VLC media player Winner Poker WinRAR -bit WPT Poker End Of File and DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Gordon G at on - - Running Processes Pseudo HJT Report BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO SteadyVideoBHO Class C BAE- C- E D- FC -E A C D - C Program Files x AMD SteadyVideo SteadyVideo dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll uRun Skype C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe minimized regrun uRun SandboxieControl C Program Files Sandboxie SbieCtrl exe mRun StartCCC C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe MSRun mRun Adobe ARM C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe mRun SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe mRun gbrspcontrol C Program Files x Common Files COMODO GeekBuddyRSP exe -controlservice -slave StartupFolder C PROGRA MICROS Windows STARTM Programs Startup STARTG LNK - C Program Files x Comodo G... Read more

A:chrome opens new tabs endlessly and cannot type in address bar

Hello czechraiser I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with these just skip it and run the next one.-Security Check-Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.--RogueKiller--Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller for 32bit or Roguekiller for 64bit Quit all programs that you may have started.Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start.Wait until Prescan has finished ...Then Click on "Scan" buttonWait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete"Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490585/chrome-opens-new-tabs-endlessly-and-cannot-type-in-address-bar/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi I was wondering if there is a way maybe a little program or Windows tool to get the full make and number of my modem whilst it is inoperative It worked fine prior to the installation of Win XP on my machine When I tried to connect to the internet after installation it said something about it being quot not plugged in quot It is an internal modem I believe a HSP MR but that s all I know and I type, XP find modem even it? can't Check though m obviously going to need updated drivers for it During the installation of XP it gave me the option to save a copy of software and hardware that is or may possibly be incompatible I saved this list in the default location but I don t know where that location is or what the file is called I m thinking that this should have some further details about my modem Alternatively if anyone knows where I can Check modem type, even though XP can't find it? get a generic driver for a HSP MR internal modem that works with Windows XP that would suffice I ve sent an e-mail to the guy who sold me the PC but this was months ago so he may not remember have a record Final option would be to open the PC up and see what I can find out Thanks Gram nbsp

A:Check modem type, even though XP can't find it?

Well Gram, I did a search and it looks like thats a PCtel modem, when I went to their website it said that XP was unsupported
I'll continue to look for sutible driver though.

edit: I did find this driver, it's for their micromodem but it could work, wont hurt to try.
http://www.pctel.com/media/drivers/...026 WinXP.zip

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/check-modem-type-even-though-xp-cant-find-it.65105/
Relevancy 76.11%

Here are my specs:
HP Pavillion G50-104NR Notebook PC
Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00GHz
Memory (RAM): 2GB
32-bit
Windows Vista Home Premium SP1

According to crucial.com - I ran the system scanner
Motherboard Manufacturer: Wistron
Motherboard Model: 360B

CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
CPU Speed: 2000 MHz

Total Memory Slots: 2
Installed Memory: 2 slots: 1 GB, 1 GB

http://notebooks.com/2008/11/25/black-friday-hp-g50-104nr-for-34999-at-best-buy-wcanon-printer/

I want x2 2GB memory sticks.. = 4GB ram
but i cannot find what type of ram my laptop is compatible with
ddr, ddr2, or ddr3?
Thanks in advance!

A:How can I find out what type of RAM would be compatible with my laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-find-out-what-type-of-ram-would-be-compatible-with-my-laptop.964970/
Relevancy 76.11%

How do I work out if my motherboard supports DDR, DDR2 or ECC ram??? Which one is most common?

A:How do I find out which type of RAM will work on my motherboard???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-find-out-which-type-of-ram-will-work-on-my-motherboard.724502/
Relevancy 76.11%

How would I find out what my computers memory chip ram is without looking in the manual or installing a program...pc2100 pc 2700 ect

A:How Do I Find My Computer Memorys Type

www.crucial.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-find-my-computer-memorys-type.447610/
Relevancy 76.11%

Is there a place in control panel that I can go that will tell me if I need to buy PC 100 or PC 133 memory?

The processor is 333 Pentium.

Relevancy 76.11%

how do i find this out so that i can get one that is compatible with directX9.0c?

A:how do i find out what type of graphics adapter i have?

look here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-find-out-what-type-of-graphics-adapter-i-have.275829/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi,

I just bought a Netgear WG511, and I was having trouble getting it installed on my laptop in both Linux & Windows. Took it back to the shop, where they said it's because my laptop had a 16bit PCMCIA bus, and the card required a 32bit bus.

Without having to call the technical support (it's a big pain to do so), I was wondering if there is a program that can test what bus it has. A preliminary search on google turned up nada.

Relevancy 76.11%

Can anyone tell me how to find out what type of system I'm running? And if I can save that info to a file for future reference?

Any help would be truly appreciated. :-)

Angi

A:How do I find out what type of system I'm running?

Belarc advisor is a good tool for telling you what you are running.It will give you information on everything from the make of your motherboard to the license key for your version of windows.Amount and make of ram and your operating system.

Its free and you can get it from www.belarcadvisor.com.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/261863/how-do-i-find-out-what-type-of-system-im-running/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello, TechSpot members... :wave: I was wondering, are there any utilities that will auto-type for you? I want the utility to be standalone and where you can set the interval of time between every key. The Auto-Typers I have worked with before do not work with other programs. I run it in the background and I open up my program but it doesn't work. I also tried ACTool but also it doesn't work externally. Please help!

-Thanks in advance...
izx2

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-find-an-utility-that-will-auto-type.43411/
Relevancy 75.68%

Unable to type anything, either in a browser or even to log in.   I found an on screen keyboard that let me log in, but cannot type anything beyond that.  The cursor blinks but unable to type anything, not even in an e mail message.   Was working earlier today, something went wrong right after I tried to put in a 2017 open spread sheet.  I tried to make a shortcut and pinned it to the taskbar.  It stopped working after that.    I tried to refresh the PC, but no luck.

A:Unable to type anything

HI @Realtor-Barb, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion Notebook and issues with the Keyboard not working correctly. Change the layout using this document as this might be the issue. Restart when complete and test. If this does not help try this document on troubleshooting the Keyboard. You might want to look at the section marked pressing keys does nothing to uninstall the Keyboard. Try using Microsoft System Restore to before this happened. Please let me know how this goes.You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below.Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Unable-to-type-anything/td-p/5824047
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello All I was able to install the Tech Preview without a problem including the ability to type info into text boxes As part of my testing I wanted to test out recovery options one of the most important part of the OS to me On the subsequent recovery something went wrong and all I got was a message stating that I had to reinstall the OS Which I did and again the installation routine was smooth and I was able to enter my email address and verification code However this time once inside Windows I could no longer type in any text box the cursor did not move there was just a short flat monotone sound for each key stroke including the Shift Ctrl Alt and arrow keys The mouse on the other hand worked just fine including clicking on and selecting items In an attempt to start from scratch I did a complete restore and all went well until I came to actually start using the desktop On it I found the customized mouse pointer I had done in my original installation and feared that whatever had caused my typing not to function would carry over to the 'new' installation And sure enough the keyboard only 'beeped' at me whenever I tried to Type 10 In Win To Unable use it nothing appeared in the text Unable To Type In Win 10 boxes Unable To Type In Win 10 So in order to 'really' start from scratch I did a clean install of Windows from its DVD and was able to type into text boxes without a problem I then did the full install from the Win Technical Preview DVD that I know is good And now having been Unable To Type In Win 10 away from the laptop to type this it went into sleep mode and when I woke it the Password screen came up Now I can not enter my Password and the page shows it to be Locked Only restarting the computer allows me to enter my Password but the keyboard still does not work within Windows Tech Preview This message was composed on my desktop computer The computer that the Tech Preview is installed on is a Dell Latitude D originally built in It has a Core Duo Intel processor running GHz with GB of RAM a GB HDD split in to a GB Boot Drive and a roughly GB Data Drive Prior to running the Tech Preview I ran Win HP SP Bit OS and the laptop ran perfectly fine I've checked Device Manager and no exclamation points or red flag icons were found I then tried to run SFC and again ran into the same old problem even in a DOS box with Admin Privileges I'm locked out I say that because I'm more and more drawn to that conclusion I just don't know how to rectify it What is even more puzzling - and frustrating - is that a full reformat and reinstall doesn't reset everything back to a clean slate - its remembered my custom settings including an extra large black pointer arrow So whatever triggered the locked slate is being remembered as well And now for the final clue It was suggested that I try the on-screen keyboard which I did and it works perfectly I've now been through all the settings in the Ease of Access Center and can find no setting that disables the built-in keyboard or locks the on-screen keyboard in place Any other ideas I can try to break this locked Password Protected Account I've already tried to create a second account but when I tried it demanded a Password but the computer again demanded a Password to proceed Any and all help appreciated and responded to Regards BearPup

A:Unable To Type In Win 10

I don't know why you're having trouble with passwords.
If you're in an MSC account, sign out and sign into a local account without password.
I never have a password on my machines and 8, 8.1 and 10 are no different.
As for your keyboard, your guess is as good as mine.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550625/unable-to-type-in-win-10/
Relevancy 75.68%

Okay before I continue I've never posted here before but i've read the rules and if this doesn't follow any specific criteria that it needs to when posting I apologise in advance I'm running windows I have downloaded a virus or malware i dont know im not very good with terms and I don't think AVG is getting rid of it Every hour (type Google Exploit Chrome Fake Update 1753) or so my AVG AntiVirus free keeps popping up with messages like threat successfully removed exploit fake update type It's been doing Google Chrome Exploit Fake Update (type 1753) this for about days now so I don't think it's going to go away any time soon Now also every time I start my computer up and open google chrome a website comes up called something like download-mirror org and then a load of random characters and it keeps wanting me to Google Chrome Exploit Fake Update (type 1753) update chrome but it's obviously not legit Whenever I do a computer scan with AVG it doesn't pick it up but it randomly picks up threats they're all Exploit Fake update type over the course of the day Google Chrome Exploit Fake Update (type 1753) even when it's not scanning I have pictures of the AVG error messages but I don't know how to add screenshots to posts Sorry if it's too vague if anyone could tell me how to put screenshots in then that'd be great gyazo and puush aren't working for me for some reason

A:Google Chrome Exploit Fake Update (type 1753)

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.MBAR will st... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550350/google-chrome-exploit-fake-update-type-1753/
Relevancy 75.68%

i am facing this annoying problem with my win7 sp1 x64 system

whenever i set my default browser to chrome 11 i cannot see the icons on saved web pages (web page complete)
see 1st scrshot

now when i set firefox4 as my default browser voila!! i can see the icons
2nd scrshot

A:FILE TYPE ICONS NOT SHOWING WITH CHROME AS DEFAULT BROWSER

This happened also to me and didn't find a solution, sorry.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/152839-file-type-icons-not-showing-chrome-default-browser.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I bought this computer from anywhere Solved: chipset I cannot type my know find motherboard but Dell got it shipped and in the door days ago I am looking for the motherboard information to know what its limitations are As far as overclocking updating bios max ram i mean all the basic stuff I called Dell and they had Solved: I know my chipset but cannot find motherboard type anywhere no idea what motherboard I have I run dxdiag run command and it only tells me the system model number Completely useless The BIOS are from January last year I have no idea how to find out and it s bugging me Even the mobo itself has nothing useful on it I opened the case to look I rebooted to see if it says in the corner somewhere but it doesn t It seems I ve hit a wall and I m not sure what to do Does anyone have any ideas Dell Inspiron AMD Athlon IIx gigs memory Windows bit RS g chipset per Dell not sure where the RS comes from nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

I know they went out of business or just stopped making MB but i cant find ANYTHING on this board. Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI Motherboard - NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI, Socket 775, ATX, Audio, PCI Express, SLI Ready, Gigabit LAN, S/PDIF, USB 2.0, Serial ATA, RAID at TigerDirect.com

Yep shes a bit old lol but its all i can do right now and its worked WELL for the last 4 years.

ALSO could anyone whos good at this stuff tell me if it supports ACHI on this MB.
Reason im here im having a heck of a time with an SSD i just bought from OCZ and trying to work out the problem

A:CAnt find bios update for this motherboard type

The second post here,

Trying to get AHCI working on 780i/Win7Ultx64 &bull; nForcersHQ.com

should answer your question about whether it supports AHCI or not (hint: it does, but only partially).

As far as a bios update goes, forget about it. With Abit going out of business more than 4 years ago and their site shutting down, personally I wouldn't trust any site that claims to have a bios for that board. Going to have to live with whatever bios version it has on it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/244659-cant-find-bios-update-motherboard-type.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I would like to upgrade it from 512 MB to the max (2 GB). But what type does it use, and where can I find it the cheapest; used is fine.

Thanks.

A:What type of RAM do I need for my emachines W3052? And where can I find 1GB x2 cheap?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-type-of-ram-do-i-need-for-my-emachines-w3052-and-where-can-i-find-1gb-x2-cheap.992251/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi, recently I got a problem with my laptop Screen which needs to be replaced. Please help me out in finding part and model number. Thanks.

A:How to find type of laptop screen to replace

KishoreKandula Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about needing to replace the screen on your and wanted to help. The screen is part of something known as the Display Assembly.Information on that starts on page 103 of your Maintenance and Service Guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02842252 If you can find your specific model number, you can use this tool to get a list of parts:  HP PartSurfer You can order HP parts from here: The HP Parts Store | HP Computer Parts | HP Printer PartsGood Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------Please click "Accept As Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks fopr my help.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/How-to-find-type-of-laptop-screen-to-replace/td-p/5590036
Relevancy 75.25%

I can t type properly every few words caps lock comes on without pressing it and or the help box for whatever programme I Unable type to properly m using pops up tested in several word processors and other Unable to type properly programmes and or it Unable to type properly types or B instead of what I m typing and or a low beeping sound not the same as the one when you can t do certain actions this is a beeping I ve never heard before and or some other things I m certain it s not keys getting stuck they seem to be going down fine it s a nice and clean keyboard The problem only started happening today restarts and system restore have had no effect when I ran boostspeed to check for errors it didn t change anything either Work due in tomorrow and I can t finish it because of this frigging problem it took me half an hour to type this This is occurring on my month old PCspecialist laptop running Windows I pressed the g key over and over and every time there s a line it s because something stopped me pressing g gggggggggggG ggn gggggg g ggggGG gggggggggggggggGG gg gggGg gggggggggggggggG nbsp

A:Unable to type properly

the key board could have gotten something spilled on it, i had a computer like that once,i just got a new keyboard. when it is or was wet it will always think something pressing on one button or another

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-type-properly.987782/
Relevancy 75.25%

I've noticed that when I am typing anything in the Search window in Google Chrome, all of a sudden nothing happens or everything stops. I can't type anymore and my blinking cursor is gone. In order to get it back and functioning, I have to click on the mouse each time it stops. At the same time, I've noticed that the border around the window changes color when this happens. I have also noticed that in the Start Task Manager, the CPU usage jumps up momentarily when this happens. I happens on any webpage where typing is permitted. I notice it more when I am trying to type in a web address or URL address at the top of the page. What is causing this and how can I find out what it is?

A:Unable to type after a few words

Hi,
Try Clean boot,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/179159-troubleshoot-application-conflicts-performing-clean-startup.html
Click Start and type in the search box,
msconfig
Click on the suggestion on top or hit the Enter key,
Go to the Startup section and take some screen shots for a complete list,
Go to the Services section and on the bottom left Check the box to Hide All Microsoft services,
Repeat the screen shots,
See the links above my signature on how to take and upload screen shots here,
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/330659-unable-type-after-few-words.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi there i have a bit of a PC issue that i am looking into.

When using internet explorer and a site for example ebay. It will only let me populate the Username Field, But when i try enter the password the field doesn't allow any data to be entered. This happens for other programs outwith Internet Explorer too.

The OS is Windows XP

What would cause this to happen?

Thanks

A:Unable to Type in some fields

Press Tab instead of enter when you want to move to a password or other field in a form. Pressing enter pretty much means that all fields are complete (like pressing "Send" or "Submit" yourself).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-type-in-some-fields.613521/
Relevancy 75.25%

I'm using Windows XP and I'm having a problem with my wireless. I can't seem to pick an EAP type from the Authentication tab when adding a new preferred wireless network in the Wireless Network Connection Properties menu. I can enter all the SSID, encryption, etc just fine, but when I try to pick the EAP type (I need PEAP) from the dropdown menu on the Authentication tab, it doesn't work. There aren't any options in the dropdown menu to pick from.

It used to work just fine, but one day it just stopped and when I tried looking at the wireless settings I encountered this problem. Not sure what could have caused it.

If anyone knows what could be causing this and could help me out I'd very much appreciate it.

A:Unable to select EAP type (Win XP)

So, uh, any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-select-eap-type-win-xp.898646/
Relevancy 75.25%

I am running Windows xp on a dell inspiron laptop Lately I am having so much trouble typing use has become pretty much impossible This is the best I can do to describe the bizarre behavior - I begn type to possible Unable infection? to type and it simply stops even though I am hitting the keys it deletes words letters or whole sentences I have typed or jumps back to something typed many spaces back and puts what I am currently typing in the middle of a new word Before posting on the windows xp for um I ran malwarebytes It decected Unable to type possible infection? Tidy Network but failed to remove it I ran several more scans with the help of someone on the windows xp forum but the issue remains At last I accidentally found tidy network on my addon list for Firefox and removed it there but the typing issue remains Previous posts - http www bleepingcomputer com forums t typing-troubles-jumping-cursor-and-tidy-network UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED DO NOT POST THIS LOG IF REQUESTED ZIP IT UP amp ATTACH IT DDS Ver - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Install Date PM System Uptime AM hours ago Motherboard Dell Inc G F Processor Intel reg Core Duo CPU T GHz Microprocessor mhz Disk Partitions C is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM E is Removable Disabled Device Manager Items System Restore Points RP PM - System Checkpoint RP PM - Installed Microsoft Visual C Redistributable RP PM - Intel Network Connections RP PM - Installed Marvell Miniport Driver RP PM - Installed IDT Audio RP PM - Software Distribution Service RP PM - Software Distribution Service RP PM - Software Distribution Service RP AM - Software Distribution Service RP PM - Installed Java Update RP PM - Software Distribution Service RP AM - System Checkpoint RP AM - Software Distribution Service RP AM - Software Distribution Service RP PM - System Checkpoint RP PM - System Checkpoint RP AM - System Checkpoint RP PM - Software Distribution Service RP AM - System Checkpoint RP PM - Software Distribution Service RP PM - System Checkpoint RP AM - Installed Sculptris Alpha RP PM - Removed Java Update RP PM - Installed Java Update RP AM - Restore Operation RP AM - Installed AVG RP AM - Installed AVG RP PM - Software Distribution Service RP PM - Software Distribution Service Installed Programs Adobe Flash Player Plugin Adobe Reader XI AVG Bing Bar Platform Coupon Printer for Windows Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility ESET Online Scanner v GIMP Hiro Power Loader Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB HP Deskjet J series Basic Device Software HP Deskjet J series Help HP Deskjet J series Product Improvement Study HP Photo Creations HP Update HyperPen USB IDT Audio Intel reg Graphics Media Accelerator Driver Java Update Java Auto Updater Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version Marvell Miniport Driver Michael Base Microsoft Silverlight Microsoft Visual C Redistributable Microsoft Visual C x Redistributable - Mozilla Firefox x en-US Mozilla Maintenance Service Poser Service Release Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Media Player KB Security Update for Windows Media Player KB Security Update for Windows Media Player KB Security Update for Windows Media Player KB Security Update for Windows Media Player KB Security Update for Windows Media Player KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Upda... Read more

A:Unable to type possible infection?

Greetings and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me about it.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please allow me some time to review the information you have provided and I will reply as soon as possible.Can you identify the date when the symptoms first started?What is the Model # of your laptop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490775/unable-to-type-possible-infection/
Relevancy 74.39%

Ok people. i''m new there and i really need the assistance of someone who know windows xp.

Yesterday everytime i switch on my computer i got a message saying that

windows cannot find C:\windows\sdrive, make sure you type the name correctly", and right after that, in my drive C, i noticed the apperance of an executable file name "msfk.exe" !

I formated my pc and install a new windows xp hoping to get rid of this error message but this morning when i wake up, the message poped up once again.. What is causing this??

Can someone help me plz?

A:windows cannot find sdrive! make sure you type the name correctly

It certainly shouldn't be there after a format unless you reinstalled a defective program.

But if you install and run Startup Control Panel or
Startup Control Panel (Exe version for Vista), you will be able to control what starts with your machine and remove that program's startup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-find-sdrive-make-sure-you-type-the-name-correctly.640826/
Relevancy 74.39%

whenever i start my laptop,this msg appears."Windows cannot find 'regsvr.exe'.make sure you type the name correctly ,and then try again."..

A:Windows cannot find 'regsvr.exe'.make sure you type the name correctly ,and then try

Is this the same machine?
http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/770838-windows-can-t-find-scvhosts.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-find-regsvr-exe-make-sure-you-type-the-name-correctly-and-then-try.777675/
Relevancy 74.39%

I've just upgraded my laptop to Win10 (did my desktop several months ago). The laptop is unable to take input to the Search the web and Windows task bar. I've searched the web, but all I've found was references to killing and restarting Search from the task manager, but there is no Search running. Also any time I try to start Cortana, I can see it start in Task Manager, but it then disappears. So the short of it is can't start Cortana and there is no Search running to restart. How do I get this feature to work?

A:Unable to Type in Search the Web and Windows Bar

Originally Posted by robnelli

I've just upgraded my laptop to Win10 (did my desktop several months ago). The laptop is unable to take input to the Search the web and Windows task bar. I've searched the web, but all I've found was references to killing and restarting Search from the task manager, but there is no Search running. Also any time I try to start Cortana, I can see it start in Task Manager, but it then disappears. So the short of it is can't start Cortana and there is no Search running to restart. How do I get this feature to work?

Maybe this is relevant:
Solved Re-installing Cortana - Windows 10 Forums
and there are a good number of other such threads- worth doing a search.

You could try this:
1. Open run command, type PowerShell and press enter to open it
2. Right click on its icon on taskbar and select Run as administrator
3. Paste the below script
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
4. Wait for the Powershell to complete the process, ignore any errors if displayed in the window.

Does your start menu work?
How many icons do you see down the side of the Cortana box (if you can display it - Win key + S)?

Beyond that, as you upgraded, there is a possibility of something being incompatible. What happens if you do a clean boot?

Please clarify "unable to take input to the Search the web and Windows task bar."
- I assume you mean the search box displayed on the taskbar. Please advise if not.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/31505-unable-type-search-web-windows-bar.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend. She's running XP and she's unable to type in Internet Explorer or Firefox. Any suggestions?

A:Unable to type in any browser window

I guess that I don't understand...type what, where?

You mean...unable to post, as at a forum?

Type on a webpage?

Can we get some more definitive specifics?

Error messages?

System and manufacturer?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/314977/unable-to-type-in-any-browser-window/
Relevancy 74.39%

I have a office pro plus 2007 version of word. I have been using it since about July and it has worked fine. It is not a trial version. I purchased it through school. It for some reason will no longer let me type anything. I am able to type in help but not in print layout view, or other views. I am able to type in draft view but it doesn't show up in print layout view or print preview. I am unable to see any cursor. Whatever I type is invisible but shows up in undue and the word counter counts it. I have checked to see if it was page protected and it is not. Any ideas on how to fix this. I really need this to work soon.

A:unable to type in word 2007

Maybe the default template was changed to a white colored font? What happens if you try to highlight what you just typed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-type-in-word-2007.886175/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi, as said in the title, I have to fill out an application but am unable to type anything inside. Google search didnt get me anywhere (surprisingly). I was just wondering if it's the adobe's problem. I couldnt find older versions of adobe reader either. Someone please help.

A:Unable to type in Adobe Reader X 10.1

Adobe - Downloads

Or

Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions
Old Version of Adobe Reader Download - OldApps.com

Or if none of these work, the latest version of Adobe Reader is attatched in this thread, let me know if you want an older version.

Cheers, Joe.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/201213-unable-type-adobe-reader-x-10-1-a.html
Relevancy 74.39%

In a gmail, we have type the @ sign But for me,I am unable to type the @ sign for my email account. Usually we type shift and the number 2 but it appear other signs.It did not come at all. And I am using the Acer laptop. I hope you can do something about it.

A:I am unable to type the @ sign in my laptop.

Does this happen if you use a usb keyboard?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/i-am-unable-to-type-the-sign-in-my-laptop/19400.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I am unable to play media like music, videos and games.
This applies to:
- Adobe Flash Player ( YouTube videos )
- FLV Player
- Windows Media Player ( Music and Videos )
- Any kind of game that i try to play.

When i try to open any video/music file,
the program it's opened with crashes instantly.

When trying to play a YouTube video the browser freezes for a few seconds and the PlugIn container crashes.

Games do start but not actually display anything. The task can be seen in the task manager.
I tried this with different games. It applies to games with good and bad graphics.
Even the windows games (solitair, chess etc.) do not work.
Please help me

< removed large font - the default forum size is fine for general use - Etaf Moderator >

A:Unable to play any type of media

Update/reinstall ALL of the system and video drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-play-any-type-of-media.1049300/
Relevancy 74.39%

My computer has been having a problem for a week with Protection Services/Windows Security. I paid McAfee techs and it seems the programs are out I am not getting the popup for Protection Service etc. Now my problem is I can't run Mcafee, SuperAntispyware or malwarebytes or windows defender. Google searches I get redirected copy of address: http://bankofindworld.com/click/go.php?u=F...mppc=offersfineI can't run updates from Windows Updates error 0xx80070002 Microsoft instructions are to run superantivirusspyware which I get blocked.I am going nuts with these problems. Help

A:Unable to run any type of spyware removal

Don't mess around anymore on it, it will only get worse. It sounds just like what i am dealing with and that Windows Police Pro. Sit back and be patient for the mods to help. I can tell you that you need to post all the error messages it gives you with opening programs, OS and other info about computer.If you are on the computer, shut down and restart in safe mode with networking, doesn't seem to load in safe mode atleast. but you still won't be able to use programs will need some moderator magic for that. Goodluck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/256421/unable-to-run-any-type-of-spyware-removal/
Relevancy 74.39%

dell inspirion e 1505
windows xp media center version 2002
service pack 3

My Moms laptop has some serious problems. It started around the 21 she showed me she had one of the fake anti virus popups(Internet Security 2010 or 2011). I tried to remove and thought I got it in time but I couldnt run malwarebytes. Now I can not run any type of scanner. Malwarebytes, adaware,and superantispyware start to run then just stop without any errors. then I get the following message when I try to rerun them: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item." And avg 2011 cannot scan because there are no active components shown in the program.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Infected and unable to run any type of scanner.

hi,

Your post is a few days old, if you still need help just reply back.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/382116/infected-and-unable-to-run-any-type-of-scanner/
Relevancy 74.39%

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate, Recently I installed Registry cleaning application.
After cleaning my registry I am not able to set any "Type of View" in Windows Explorer.
Details is my default view, I am able to change it into any but as soon i press back / refresh its set back to Details View Again.
Is there a Way to solve this?

A:Unable to change Type of view

Yuk! TSF does not support Registry Cleaning software. I would uninstall that software.
There is no telling what that program has done to your registry.
I hope someone here has a better suggestion.
Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-change-type-of-view-977601.html
Relevancy 74.39%

We are imaging and deploying application objects via Novell Zenworks. I've noticed just now that after deploying all of the applications, we are not able to type in any search boxes within internet explorer. I'm going back through now to find out which application object is causing the problem, but does anybody have a solution to this problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/unable-to-type-in-search-boxes-163378.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Age of Empires III

Last week it worked fine, now today I hit the enter key & try to type a cheat code in & I cant enter anything. Nothing will type!!
Can you help me?

A:AOE Unable to type cheat codes in

In the options on the game is there an option for key binding or changing keys for different actions? cos it might have been reassigned.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aoe-unable-to-type-cheat-codes-in.798487/
Relevancy 74.39%

This is just happen for my son's laptop when window 10 tried to set up seem likely as an update when my son started up the laptop the windo display says Hi then go through a set up. But I re checked there was no update for Window at this pointAfter that, I found an issue. The issue is not able to type characters or anything on Cortana Search and event Window Settings Search But I can type anything else such as Microsoftword, Web site,...I tried running DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /RestorehealthandGet-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} For this command it show 77 deploy faildPlease instruct me how to fix this issue. Thank you so muchTruc C. Nguyen

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/unable-to-type-or-access-cortana/764.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hey there A few times a to Unable change network type year I go away from my home station and take my tower and laptop with me As Unable to change network type my tower doesn't have a wireless adapter I connect to the the internet by plugging it into my laptop and sharing it's wireless connection It's all been fine up until now I've just plugged the ethernet cable between laptop and PC but the network has come up as Unidentified and has made it Public and as such I can't access the internet from my PC surfing fine here on my laptop though it's the LAN connection that's giving me issues I've no idea why it's doing this as in the past it has worked fine I can't seem to change the network type as clicking on it only allows me to change the name and icon not the type It might be interesting to note that viewing the network from my PC it is a Home network but my laptop seems to think it's Unidentified Can anyone clue me on on how to fix this please as this issue has never cropped up before - CableDolt Ninja-edit Both machines are running Windows Home Premium -bit

A:Unable to change network type

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Maybe this info will help
Windows 7 Network connections are stuck in Public mode

Edit: Doh - I see that you were able to click the link, so that is probably not the issue. I'm still hunting for the info that I saw on this once.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/246504-unable-change-network-type.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello System Windows XP Home Genuine with MSE installed From last few days I am getting rahndom pop up windows when I start my computer or leave my computer idle for long It suspecting Chrome at startup, popup adware just opens a chrome popup window with some kinds of ads with different URL's each time The ProcessExplorer path for popup is given below Path C WINDOWS system cmd exe Command Line d c dir C WINDOWS system gt gt C WINDOWS TEMP amp dir C WINDOWS system gt gt C WINDOWS TEMP amp dir C WINDOWS system gt gt C WINDOWS TEMP amp dir C WINDOWS system gt gt C WINDOWS TEMP amp dir C WINDOWS system gt gt C WINDOWS Chrome popup at startup, suspecting adware TEMP amp dir C WINDOWS system gt gt C WINDOWS TEMP amp dir C WINDOWS system gt gt C WINDOWS TEMP amp dir C WINDOWS system gt gt C WINDOWS TEMP amp dir C WINDOWS system gt gt C WINDOWS TEMP amp dir C WINDOWS system Chrome popup at startup, suspecting adware gt gt C WINDOWS TEMP amp dir C WINDOWS system gt gt C WINDOWS TEMP amp dir C WINDOWS system gt gt C WINDOWS TEMP amp dir C WINDOWS system gt gt C WINDOWS TEMP amp dir C WINDOWS system gt gt C WINDOWS TEMP amp dir C WINDOWS system gt gt C WINDOWS TEMP amp dir C WINDOWS system gt gt C WINDOWS TEMP amp dir C WINDOWS system gt gt C WINDOWS TEMP amp dir C WINDOWS system gt gt C WINDOWS TEMP amp dir C WINDOWS system gt gt C WINDOWS TEMP amp dir C WINDOWS system gt gt C WINDOWS TEMP amp dir C WINDOWS system gt gt C WINDOWS TEMP amp del C WINDOWS TEMP amp C WINDOWS system cmd exe d c C WINDOWS system cmd exe d c C PROGRA Google Chrome APPLIC chrome exe http static shinyinnovation com bg z amp ilmernzkvtaztusntu FB F A EB B amp pu amp s amp nm ilmernzkvtaztusntu amp t Current Directory C WINDOWS system I have run FRST and logs are attached Please help Thanks Vivek

A:Chrome popup at startup, suspecting adware

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click the  Scan  button and wait for the process to complete.
Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.

IMPORTANT

If you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.

If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.

Close all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click the  Scan  button and wait for the process to complete.
Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.
Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.
A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.
Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.
You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).
===

Run the Farbar tool one more time and post a fresh FRST log for my review.
===

Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.
To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.

How is the computer running?
Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544589/chrome-popup-at-startup-suspecting-adware/
Relevancy 73.53%

Does anyone know of, or where to go and look for
Voice recognition / talk&type software?

I have a request to build a system for a guy who needs this
sort of software to help him get text entered onto his PC
by talking as apposed to typing it. I would like to get him
something good but have no clue about this sort of thing.
He has recently become paralyzed so doesn?t know anything
about this stuff either.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

A:Where do I find Voice recognition / talk&type software Reviews?

Look at IBM's Viavoice, probably the best in the world
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/voice/viavoice/

check Dragon Speech out too:
http://www.scansoft.com/naturallyspeaking/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-do-i-find-voice-recognition-talk-type-software-reviews.13855/
Relevancy 73.53%

Yesterday, when I went to enter a site into Google browser, Internet Explorer was shut down and a message appeared saying the system had a problem and needed to shut down. Since then, following all the 'troubleshooting' steps given at their support site, nothing has rectified this problem. Specifically, Internet Explorer works without flaw except for my being unable to type a single character. The instant I attempt to, the screen becomes glazed over with fog and the error message appears before shutting down. Any ideas? Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/113922/unable-to-type-into-internet-explorer-7-vista/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi,
I recently bought a Samsung T3 SSD, which has a USB type-c port and comes with a USB type-c to USB 3.0 (type a) cable. After some messing around with UEFI, secure boot, et. al I finally managed to install Ubuntu 16.04 on this external SSD and have been happily using it for some weeks now (i did not want to repartition my 512GB ssd in the 9550, not enough free space).
If I press F12 when the laptop boots up, the external SSD shows up in the boot menu, it just works.
To get an additional type-a USB port I bought a (well rated, not cheap) type-c on type-c USB cable. To my surprise the SSD will not show up in the 9550's boot menu when using type-c.
I already changed bios scan mode to 'thorough' like suggested elsewhere, without success.
What can I do to boot via type-c?
Thx!

A:XPS 15 (9550): Unable to boot from USB 3.1/Type-C Device

I'm writing this on a Dell XPS 15 9550 tlhat booted from and is currently running Ubuntu 16.4.1 from the USB-c port.
My solution is inelegant, but faster than any USB thumb drive I have tried.  I am using a StarTech USB 3.1 (Type C) cable that converts to SATA III on the other end where I have a 120GB Kingston SSD connected.
Obviously, I can only use this at a desk or table, but I have yet to find an acceptably fast USB thumb drive.  I'm thinking about doing this from an SDHC or SDXC drive now if I can verify that
a) the 9550 can boot from SD
b) Ubuntu 16.04.1 can see and boot from the SD interface.
I'm pretty sure both are true given the little research I've done on the matter so far.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19976519
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello My year old son decided to download some 7, text fields. unable type 11/windows some to into IE Malware onto my computer while I was deployed the last few months Anyway Im running Windows Home Premium -bit and am having issues entering text into IE I believe the issue stems from PUP Optional MindSpark Im pretty sure I removed MindSpark completely by using MalwareBytes SuperAntiSpyware and CCleaner to get rid of it I also have McAfee AntiVirus which didnt catch Mindspark So the problem now and when the PUP was on my computer is that I cannot enter text into text fields on IE Right now Im using Google Chrome and am having no issues with it but I would like to get the IE problem fixed Also as a note if I run IE as an administrator it acts IE 11/windows 7, unable to type into some text fields. normal but as soon as I close the browser and reopen it it stops working again A couple of things I IE 11/windows 7, unable to type into some text fields. have done that wound IE 11/windows 7, unable to type into some text fields. up with no results include Restoring Internet options to default turning off protected mode and ran a Windows system performance scan Also Ive made sure everything on my computer has the latest and greatest updates So hopefully somebody here can help me out Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583790/ie-11windows-7-unable-to-type-into-some-text-fields/
Relevancy 73.53%

I am unable to type any characters into Word. When I try nothing happens.

mygoose

A:Solved: Unable to type characters into Word

Can you type in any other program?
What color is your font in Word?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-type-characters-into-word.844712/
Relevancy 73.53%

I'm able to update the bios using the window utility or the bootable cd method.  I am currently running Windows 7 Pro 32 bit on the laptop. Current Bios is 1.07 trying to update to 2.27. Below is the link I used for the Windows 7 utility .http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-63024 When I select the Update ThinkPad BIOS I get an error message saying "BIOS image file cannot be found. The utility process has not been completed. Then I downloaded the window 7 bootable cdhttp://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-63027 Once I booted into the cd and selected "Update system program" I get an error that says"The system program file was not found on the CD. Insert the correct CD in the drive. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Unable to update Bios on my T60 Type 8744-5BU

Hi and welcome to the forum!

The reason is simple, you've widescreen model which has different BIOS (I've exact same model btw and I had updated my BIOS using correct link):- 

Windows version: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS015026?
Bootable version: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS013952?

Hope this helps.

------------------------------------------------------------Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]IdeaPad: U350Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a Kudos!Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!   Lenovo Deutsche Community     Lenovo Comunidad en Espaņol Visit my YouTube Channel

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/Unable-to-update-Bios-on-my-T60-Type-8744-5BU/td-p/449755
Relevancy 73.53%

Apparently, my (HKLM:RUN) programs doesn't work on startup. I've used the guide and Googled some answers, yet they failed to work. I used Ccleaner to check what was wrong. It seems that the programs I wanted running on startup shows that it is enabled. I even checked with MSCONFIG and it showed that it was enabled. I restarted my computer and wasn't able to run it. What was able to work though was the Startup User way. I was wondering why my original HKLM:Run wasn't working.

Picture of Ccleaner Startup: http://i.imgur.com/sS8XkkJ.png

A:Programs unable to startup (HKLM:RUN) type

If this helps, I'm using a modified shell called BlackBox. I don't know if this affects it or not. A friend of mines uses it and was abled to have Skype start up normally. When I changed my shell back to original (the Windows default), my programs ran perfectly normal.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/280595-programs-unable-startup-hklm-run-type.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi,

I am attempting to login to my laptop running Vista Home Premium, when I get to password screen I cannot type or move the cursor via the mouse pad.

If I switch off and back on select f8 I can move using the cursor keys on the menu but when it goes back to password screen I still cannot type.

Any ideas either on how to fix or bypass p'word screen would be appreciated.

Recent activity on laptop was installing free version of avast.

Many thanks
G

Relevancy 73.53%

I recently installed Windows 7 64bit on the second partition of my main HDD. It worked flawlessly until I restarted earlier today. Now whenever I boot into Windows 7 the login screen shows up with my account, but when i attempt to enter my password the keystrokes are not registering.

I have tried using all 8 usb ports in the back of my comp, but the keyboard still does not work. My usb mouse works fine. I can also boot and login to Windows XP, on the other partition with no problems, and the keyboard works fine.

Any insight or help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A:Unable to type password at login screen

Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroSkull

I recently installed Windows 7 64bit on the second partition of my main HDD. It worked flawlessly until I restarted earlier today. Now whenever I boot into Windows 7 the login screen shows up with my account, but when i attempt to enter my password the keystrokes are not registering.

I have tried using all 8 usb ports in the back of my comp, but the keyboard still does not work. My usb mouse works fine. I can also boot and login to Windows XP, on the other partition with no problems, and the keyboard works fine.

Any insight or help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Maybe a keyboard driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/71254-unable-type-password-login-screen.html
Relevancy 73.53%

My Notepad on Windows 7 computer stopped working. Were using recently to type info for transfer to website.

Note pad no longer shows a cursor and will not allow to type or open files or anything else. Shows blank screen.

Don't know what happened or what to do.

Relevancy 73.53%

Hi

i'm running windows 10 and WLM 2012.

email was working and I can receive and read incoming emails

now get error message - please see attached for screendump

Although the error message refers to "open" that's not what I'm trying to do. This error occurs when selecting "Email message" or "Reply"

help please

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630726/wlm-2012-unable-to-type-new-email-or-reply/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi all
I have recently bought a new desktop PC running Windows Home Premium. I have a 2 year old laptop which I was using before but now I want to create a Lan using an ethernet cable between my new desktop and laptop. Both computers recognise a Lan cable is plugged in but when trying to set the Network location to home I am unable to. I just want to move files off the laptop without doing it over the wireless as this would take alot longer. How do I change this?
Thanks for the help

A:Unable to Change Network Location Type

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

You may find some useful information here: Networking home computers running different versions of Windows

To transfer files easily you might consider buying an Easy Transfer cable to connect the two computers. Having said that, using your wireless connection shouldn't be that much slower.

To use an ethernet cable for a LAN, you need to connect both computers to your router rather than to each other.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/172086-unable-change-network-location-type.html
Relevancy 72.67%

This is weird occasionally as I open up firefox and go to enter text into any field I notice that I am unable to type Instead what happens is if I hit a key such as F which is linked to a windows shortcut for files the files search menu pops up even though i never pressed the shortcuts 8 unable to type Windows - keyboard locked windows key at any time This problem isn't just limited to firefox once it is started I have a very hard time getting it to being able to type normally So if there is no shortcut linked to that key there is no input otherwise i get the shortcuts H - share Q - search etc Restarting doesn't always work sometimes all it takes is excessive clicking of a search bar other times just closing an internet broswer Pressing the windows key does nothing and I haven't been able to find a concrete fix for the issue Is there a way to fix and or avoid this completely

A:Windows 8 keyboard shortcuts locked - unable to type

Here are some things to check..

1) Reset Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...-most-problems

2) Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Change input methods

**Verify you are using the correct keyboard layout.

3) It is possible to completely disable Windows shortcuts by adding a registry value.

To disable the Windows logo key:

a) Open Regedit

b) navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout

c) Name: "Scancode Map"

Type: REG_BINARY (Binary Value)

Value Data: "00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 00 00 00 00 00 5B E0 00 00 5C E0 00 00 00 00"

d) Log-out to apply changes

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37086-windows-8-keyboard-shortcuts-locked-unable-type.html