Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 Booting to Black Screen, White Line

Q: Windows 7 Booting to Black Screen, White Line

Hello all, 

I have a problem very similar to this thread:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487382/windows-7-frozen-black-screen-with-white-blinking-cursor/

On boot the bios posts fine, but after that it immediately goes to a black screen with a white line. I am unable to enter safe mode, and it never moves past this screen. I thought it was a hardware issue, so I cloned the drive onto a completely new drive and it has the same exact issue. So now I have to suspect something is wrong with windows itself. 

Prior to this, the computer was working fine, then it shut itself down and on immediate boot up this issue appeared. System restore does not work from the windows 7 DVD, and I've tried startup repair numerous times, as well as chkdsk and sfc scans.

I have posted the FRST log for reference.

Thank you.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 Booting to Black Screen, White Line

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 Booting to Black Screen, White Line

Another thing I noticed, is on the black screen if you press CTRL+ALT+DEL the laptop restarts. Not sure if that is helpful.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532807/windows-7-booting-to-black-screen-white-line/
Relevancy 96.75%

Hi, my PC has been acting up for about a week now. I have 2 Samsung 24inch Monitors and a decent gaming PC. I have tried all the options this forums has brought to me such as control alt delete and recovery mode, nothing has worked so far.

i have just upgraded from 7-10 and it just wont start up without booting to that black screen, i am looking for answers and help on this. Please suggest anything!!

A:Windows 10 Booting to a black screen & white cursor

Originally Posted by Regimite

Hi, my PC has been acting up for about a week now. I have 2 Samsung 24inch Monitors and a decent gaming PC. I have tried all the options this forums has brought to me such as control alt delete and recovery mode, nothing has worked so far.

i have just upgraded from 7-10 and it just wont start up without booting to that black screen, i am looking for answers and help on this. Please suggest anything!!

My experience helping a neighbor with this problem was that some piece of hardware was not connected properly and the device driver had to time out (over 4 minutes) and then Windows launched properly and he could sign in. We then checked the device manager and saw a problem. Unistalling the problem hardware, plus checking for startup software (using msconfig), and then checking starup services (computer management), and then the startup program in the use profile and the all users profile and deleting stuff that obviously was going to the Internet for updates (e.g. Acrobat) solved the issue.

How long have you waited to actually get a signin screen?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36730-windows-10-booting-black-screen-white-cursor.html
Relevancy 92.88%

My computer won't load...when you turn the computer on all you get is a black screen with a white blinking line in the corner. Even if you press f8 while you're booting, it still does the same thing and it just makes the beeping sound. It does say that SMART failure is imminent, does this mean my hard drive has failed and need replacement?

Relevancy 91.59%

I'm sorry for the lack of any technical terms used to describe this but I'm a complete novice with computers.

I was watching a video when some warning messages popped up saying something like harmful stuffs trying to access your computer, then it restarted. Now it starts up, goes to the motherboard thing, goes past that then hits a black screen with a little white line flashing in the top left corner.

I've tried to use F8 to enter the safe mode start up but when I press F8 it comes up with

'PLEASE SELECT BOOT DEVICE

SATA:3M-STM3250318AS
CDROM:3S-TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S22'

I tried the SATA option twice, first time the white line vanished so it was just a black screen and then it restarted. Second time it just went back to the screen with the white flashing line.

Any help in sorting this out would be greatly appreciated.

A:Black Screen with Flashing White Line

Hello, I'll move this topic to the malware removal forum.Try this please. You will need a USB drive.Download GETxPUD.exe to the desktop of your clean computerRun GETxPUD.exeA new folder will appear on the desktop.Open the GETxPUD folder and click on the get&burn.batThe program will download xpud_0.9.2.iso, and upon finished will open BurnCDCC ready to burn the image.Click on Start and follow the prompts to burn the image to a CD.Remove the USB & CD and insert it in the sick computerBoot the Sick computer with the CD you just burnedThe computer must be set to boot from the CDGently tap F12 and choose to boot from the CDFollow the promptsA Welcome to xPUD screen will appearPress FileExpand mntsda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDDsdb1 is likely your USBClick on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?)Press Tool at the topChoose Open TerminalType the following and press enter:

dd if=/dev/sda of=mbr.bin bs=512 count=1

Press EnterAfter it has finished a file will be located on your USB drive named mbr.binRemove the USB drive and insert it back in your working computer and navigate to mbr.bin, zip it up and attach it to your next reply.This will allow me to have a look at the MasterBootRecord of your drive and see if it is infected.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414879/black-screen-with-flashing-white-line/
Relevancy 91.59%

Here is what I have A Samsung g hard drive as master a Seagate g as a slave A Sound blaster Live CT model sound card A d-link wireless wda AN asus AS F P T-E motherboard mb Samsung RAM sticks and An ATI radeon LE m DDR graphic card Ribbon cables My problem when I turn on the PC a few things happen It asks then if I want to boot from safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with command prompt to try to restore to last known settings or to start windows normally I help, with I need white stays PC black my line at screen already chose all these options When I do any of these things the screen shows a white bar It fills up to the end and Then nothing after that When I chose the continue normally prompt I took a -minute shower I need help, my PC stays at black screen with white line and returned Still nothing At that point I think that it should have advanced into another screen or something I am not sure what is on the master drive as it was given to me but i know that it worked I need help, my PC stays at black screen with white line at one point I would be open to any suggestions that don t involve paying extra money I know that there is some way to make it work-with some help from smart people Also i have two extra hard drives one is a g WD hd and one is a g WD -Thank you for reading Bamabeast nbsp

Relevancy 89.01%

I regularly use my Laptop Lenovo Y560i from last 2 years but today when i tried to start it shows a logo of lenovo and then goes black with white line blinking on the top of the left corner i kept it turn on for more then 2 hours but nothing happens please someone suggest me what can i do?

A:My laptop's screen is gone black with a white line blinking on the top left corner

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Firstly: try to boot in Safe mode ( Press F8 during startup and select safemode) Does it boot normaly now?

Also: when pressing F8 during startup you could also get the option to "Repair your computer". Click that and go to startup repair.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptops-screen-is-gone-black-with-a-white-line-blinking-on-the-top-left-corner-672103.html
Relevancy 78.26%

dual boot laptop with windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04. When I start windows most of the time screen goes purple/pink with white dashed lines all over the screen.I want to get rid of this problem. I tried refreshing both windows and ubuntu and updating drivers but didn't work. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/purple-screen-with-white-dashed-line-on-windows-startup/td-p/5719097
Relevancy 77.4%

My laptop has windows 10. When i power on my laptop often these days I see this screen comes up. After few seconds It starts beeping sound. I power off the laptop, then power it on again until the laptop boots up normally. Usually in two to three chances it boots up normally. After it boots up it doesn't give any problem it functions normally, its only when I power it on 70% of the time it shows this screen. It starts from the top and runs to the bottom those lines. What might be the problem ? I am using windows 10 on inspiron 15r SE 7250 I updated chipset and bios driver few week back and also changed the thermal paste on cpu and gpu

A:Half white and half black screen during booting

When this happens after a few seconds it gives Beep sound. I counted the beeps and it was total 8 times.
8 times beep then after a little pause it starts again. Does it means 8 beeps ie; LCD failure ? If yes then what should I do

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986211
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi, I have a desktop computer with windows 7 (Inspiron 545).

When I turn it on the logo of windows loading appears normally but after it I only get a black desktop with a big white cursor (low resolution?) but there is nothing else there, no icons, no task bar, etc. just emptiness. I wish I could give out more details but there is nothing more I can do. I tried with F8 to load recovery and do a factory re-install but the option is not there, even though I know the hard drive has a partition for it, the only thing that it's there is check for errors (or fix errors) but that didn't help. I would do a full format and re-install the operative system but I don't have the original dvd.

Thanks!

EDIT: =============Please close this topic, I have decided to make a clean OS install=======
Thanks to those who took the time to read this.

A:Windows 7 - Black screen white cursor and nothing more.

EDIT: =============Please close this topic, I have decided to make a clean OS install=======
Thanks to those who took the time to read this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479942/windows-7-black-screen-white-cursor-and-nothing-more/
Relevancy 73.96%

Having some issues with my laptop It boot to a black screen with white cursor I'm not able to do anything I tried system restore and I get an error cursor white screen WIndows with black 7 I ran CHkdsk and it didn't help I ran Farbar Recovery Scan and this is what I got Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT- EB P D on - - Running from F Platform Windows Home Premium X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST WIndows 7 black screen with white cursor must be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run gt X HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run HP Software Update gt C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe - - Hewlett-Packard HKLM-x Run gt X HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched gt C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Oracle Corporation HKLM-x Run iTunesHelper gt C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run QuickTime Task gt C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x RunOnce AvgUninstallURL gt cmd exe c start http www avg com ww special-uninstallation-feedback-app lic SUFaUDItUkJSUFItN dOTVUtQUJITjktU A Q YtSQ amp inst NzYtODM NjY MDA LVhPMTArMTItRkwxMCsxLUxJQysyLVNQMSsxLVNQMVRCKzEtU AxUzIrMS TVUQrMS TMUkrMS TVTMrMS UVUcrMy TVTNUKzEtTFNEKzI amp prod amp ver Winlogon Notify igfxcui C Windows system igfxdev dll Intel Corporation HKU user Run swg gt C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe - - Google Inc HKU user Run Google Update gt C Users user AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe - - Google Inc Startup C Users Default AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Best Buy pc app lnk ShortcutTarget Best Buy pc app lnk - gt C ProgramData Best Buy pc app ClickOnceSetup exe Microsoft Startup C Users Default User AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Best Buy pc app lnk ShortcutTarget Best Buy pc app lnk - gt C ProgramData Best Buy pc app ClickOnceSetup exe Microsoft Startup C Users user AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Verizon Wireless Software Utility Application for Android Samsung lnk ShortcutTarget Verizon Wireless Software Utility Application for Android Samsung lnk - gt No File Services Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the service will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately S SASCORE C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE - - SUPERAntiSpyware com S AntiSpywareService C Program Files x comcasttb ComcastSpywareScan ComcastAntiSpyService exe - - S ITMRTSVC C Program Files x CA PPRT bin ITMRTSVC exe - - CA Inc S MyWiFiDHCPDNS C Program Files Intel WiFi bin PanDhcpDns exe - - S N C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine N exe - - Symantec Corporation S COMSysApp SystemRoot system dllhost exe Processid D B F -FD - D - D- FC Drivers Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the service will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately S BHDrvx C Program Files x Norton Security Suite NortonData Definitions BASHDefs BHDrvx sys - - Symantec Corporation S ccSet N C Windows system drivers N x ccSetx sys - - Symantec Corporation S eeCtrl C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared EENGINE eeCtrl sys - - Symantec Corporation S EraserUtilRebootDrv C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared EENGINE EraserUtilRebootDrv sys - - Symantec Corporation S IDSVia C Program Files x Norton Security Suite NortonData Definitions... Read more

A:WIndows 7 black screen with white cursor

Hey my friend. Which error do you get when you want to access System Restore?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563060/windows-7-black-screen-with-white-cursor/
Relevancy 73.1%

I am not a computer expert The problem is I am running windows Xp HOME EDITION When I go to start windows I keep getting the screen We apologize for the inconvenience but windows did not start successfully If I Black Did Successfully Start Windows And Not Screen White highlight start windows normally nothing happens and the system keeps circling back to this page over and over So I went on the web I read many articles that stated to use your windows XP disk as a boot disk so I installed it and get the WINDOWS SET-up Blue screen On the bottom of the screen it goes through a process SETUP is loading files SeTup is starting windows Welcome to setup This portion f the setup program prepares Microsoft Windows to run on your computer To set-up windows XP now press Enter To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console press R So I press Black And White Screen Windows Did Not Start Successfully R I get to a C gt My question is what do I need to type in this line to get the recovery process started PLEASE HELP I DO NOT WANT TO FORMAT over existing system losing all my data

A:Black And White Screen Windows Did Not Start Successfully

I believe what you are trying to do is a "Repair Install". See the link below for detailed instructions on how to do this.How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/140621/black-and-white-screen-windows-did-not-start-successfully/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi, just finished a clean install of Windows 7 - everything was working perfectly and after about an hour I restarted my laptop just to make sure all was well. It wasn't. On starting my laptop now I get the usual 'Sony Vaio' screen and then just a black screen with a blinking white cursor like a command prompt.

You can't type anything into this screen and it just stays like that, Windows 7 does not load.

I installed Windows 7 through a USB stick since my CD drive isn't working. I've tried restarting the laptop both with and without the USB but no change. When using the USB I get the Windows 7 install screen again and I can choose 'repair' but it's not finding any problems.

I've also tried resetting my boots order to default (as it started with the USB drive when i was installing) but this hasn't helped either.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

A:Black screen and white cursor on restarting Windows 7?

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-in...working-guide/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-and-white-cursor-on-restarting-windows-7-a-428295.html
Relevancy 73.1%

HI Guys,

trust  you are doing good.

I really need your help here.

Actually facing a Black screen with white blinking cursor:

For info , the white cursor keep blinking without loading into windows.

F8 is not even accessible .Also tried to reset my BIOS settings to boot from my HDD first but with no result.

Tried repairing boot issues on start up via a Windows DVD, even tried a system restore, but still no positive boot up.

My issue is similar to this post:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487382/windows-7-frozen-black-screen-with-white-blinking-cursor/

I tried generating a FRST Scan log so that you can get a clearer view of what's happening.

Can somebody please help me on that and provide me a fixlist.txt to solve same.

Thank you

Mod Edit:  Removed FRST log data, not allowed or used in the Win 7 forum, see http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum-167/announcement-45-no-dds-otl-hijackthis-or-combofix-logs-should-be-posted-in-this-forum/ . - Hamluis.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625751/windows-7-black-screen-with-white-blinking-cursor/
Relevancy 73.1%

hi yall.....eveytime i starts my computer it shows a black screen with white writing before it goes to the actual vista starup screen......is there anyway i can stop this screen from showing??

A:windows vista black screen with white writing

Hi there and welcome to the Vista Forums!

The first thing I would tend to recommend there would be booting from the Vista dvd and going into the repair tools section for the automatic startup repair tool option found there. From the "GRLDR" seen at the top it looks like you had tried out Linux at some point or are seeing some other problem with the boot information.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/228600-windows-vista-black-screen-white-writing.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello my problem started when I realized that my email account was hacked and sending out random messages to my contacts From there I ran MalwareBytes It found like files and deleted them After that windows would not start in normal mode From Bleeping Computer I downloaded the Farbar recovery scan tool used it and then ran it again to fix Computer worked cursor black with mouse -- Windows will not only screen start white fine until I tried to download Norton Security Now I back to the same black screen What should I do now Here is the Farbar log Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran Windows will not start -- black screen with white mouse cursor only by SYSTEM at - - Running from G Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English US The current controlset is ControlSet Registry Windows will not start -- black screen with white mouse cursor only Whitelisted HKLM Run TouchORB C Program Files x TouchSettings TouchPortalOBR exe - - Acer Corp HKLM Run TouchPortalV Launcher C Program Files x Gateway Gateway TouchPortal TouchPortalLauncher exe na - - Acer Corp HKLM Run RTHDVCPL C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe -s - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run THXCfg C Windows system RunDLL exe C Windows system Windows will not start -- black screen with white mouse cursor only THXCfg dll RunDLLEntry THXCfg - - Creative Technology Ltd HKLM-x Run YouCam Mirage C Program Files x Gateway Gateway TouchPortal YouCam YCMMirage exe - - CyberLink HKLM-x Run YouCam Tray C Program Files x Gateway Gateway TouchPortal YouCam YouCamTray exe s - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run Norton Online Backup C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuClient exe - - Symantec Corporation HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run TouchPortalV Launcher C Program Files x Gateway Gateway TouchPortal TouchPortalLauncher exe na - - Acer Corp HKLM-x Run MDS Menu C Program Files x Gateway Gateway TouchPortal MediaShow Espresso MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe C Program Files x Gateway Gateway TouchPortal MediaShow Espresso UpdateWithCreateOnce Software CyberLink MediaShow Espresso - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run TouchMovieService C Program Files x Gateway Gateway TouchPortal Touch Movie TouchMovieService exe - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run Hotkey Utility C Program Files x Gateway Hotkey Utility HotkeyUtility exe - - HKLM-x Run THX Audio Control Panel C Program Files x Creative THX TruStudio Pro THXAudioCP THXAudio exe r - - Creative Technology Ltd HKLM-x Run UpdReg C Windows UpdReg EXE - - Creative Technology Ltd HKLM-x Run MoneyStartUp C Program Files x Microsoft Money System Activation exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run B C AGENT C ProgramData LGMOBILEAX B C Client B CNotiAgent exe - - LG Electronics HKLM-x Run APSDaemon C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Sun Microsystems Inc HKLM-x Run TkBellExe C Program Files x Real RealPlayer update realsched exe -osboot - - RealNetworks Inc HKLM-x Run iTunesHelper C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run DATAMNGR C PROGRA SEARCH Datamngr DATAMN EXE - - Bandoo Media Inc HKLM-x Run SMessaging C Users cheyenn AppData Local Strongvault Online Backup SMessaging exe - - Stronghold Online Backup HKU cheyenn Run Messenger C Program Files x Strongvault Online Backup ClientMessenger exe x HKU cheyenn Run PCSpeedUp C Program Files x PC Speed Up PCSUNotifier exe x HKU Default RunOnce ScrSav C Program Files x Gateway Screensaver run Gateway exe default - - HKU Default User RunOnce ScrSav C Program Files x Gateway Screensaver run Gateway exe default - - HKU HUNT Run Shop To Win C Program Files x Shop To Win ShopToWin exe - - Jackpot Rewards HKU HUNT Run DAEMON Tools Lite C Users HUNT Desktop DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe -autorun x HKU HUNT RunOnce Application Re... Read more

A:Windows will not start -- black screen with white mouse cursor only

Greetings anhunt and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me about it.When you post your reply, do not use the button but use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please allow me some time to review the information you have provided and I will reply as soon as possible.and then ran it again to fixCan you tell me what "fix" you did with Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool? And currently can you boot into Safe Mode?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488568/windows-will-not-start-black-screen-with-white-mouse-cursor-only/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have HP ProBook 430 G1 with pre-installed Windows 7 Professional 64bit. After clean system installation I have resized Windows partition and created new partition for Ubuntu. I also removed HP_Tools partition. After that (I don't know if it happend before resizing partition) when I start Windows and restart it from Start menu I got black screen with white short strips. I see it for about 10-15 seconds and Windows start normally. It happens after choosing Windows from boot menu but before Windows logo appears.
It only happens after system restart. It doesn't happen when I start system for the first time after turning on computer.
I uploaded photograph of the screen as an attachment.
Anyone has any ideas what causes this problem?

Now, after I was hitting F8 to start safe mode this screen appears everytime - no matter if I start or restart computer.

A:Black screen with short white strips after Windows restart

GRUB issue

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/334837-black-screen-short-white-strips-after-windows-restart.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello all I have a neighbor's Dell Inspiron desktop computer with a bootup failure When powered it displays the BIOS screen allowing access to the setup screens as well as the boot device option with arrow Vista cursor Black Screen Windows White In addition pressing the F key does allow access to the expanded options including Safe Mode and the Repair options The System Dell Inspiron Windows Vista Home Premium OS AMD Dual-core processor GB of DDR RAM Single SATA hard drive Single SATA DVD R RW drive When booted in Normal mode the Windows Vista scrolling Windows Vista Black Screen with White cursor arrow bars are displayed briefly before the screen goes black with a white arrow pointer The arrow pointer freely moves about the desktop when directed with the mouse However black screen remains until the time limit is reached for the screen-saver to start At this point the Windows Vista logo displays and the default screensaver application starts The same result is obtained when booting under Safe Mode I have tried other options via the F screen results were the same Last known good configuration Lower video resolution Using the Repair Windows function I was able to bring up the various options Tried a startup repair and indicated everything was fine Tried to restore the computer to an earlier time and was told there were no restoration points to reference I tried Command Prompt and found that I was able to move about the directory tree of the C drive In addition I have tried booting the system from Linux live media and have found that even though the machine is equipped with a DVD drive only iso files burned to CDs will function with this computer Live DVDs do not seem to be readable I do not have the original installation discs for the machine nor any repair discs Wondering if anyone has any ideas of what options to try short of wiping the HD and re-installing another OS Thanks

A:Windows Vista Black Screen with White cursor arrow

Get to the Command Prompt and type chkdsk /R and press enter. Now type a Y for Yes and Reboot the system. Check Disk will start at next bootup and will take a while. It will search for bad sectors and try to repair them as well as fix orphaned files.
You also can press F12 when booting up and do the Dell Diagnostics.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-black-screen-with-white-cursor-arrow-1030457.html
Relevancy 72.24%

So After having windows 8 for a while now and had no Problem with it :3 but then Suddenly My power Went out and when I started my pc again it was rather slow very slow ( I Must wait like 5 min to type in my password , nothing happens when I type ) and When I log on all I see is a White Taskbar and a black screen with no Icon's on my desktop , but when I defraged my HDD it worked Perfectly with no Problem's (Defraged on an other pc)
Any Idea's Why this happens ? I dont wana Defrag my Hdd everytime my power goes out
note this has nothing to do with avast as some users also get a black screen after login with avast installed

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/27563-windows-8-white-taskbar-black-screen-after-power-fail.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I need help urgently I have my finals tomorrow for my AP english blink Screen left. at white Help Please top Windows Black URGENT. 7 class and all my files were saved on this laptop Everytime I boot my laptop it does not go past the Windows 7 Black Screen white blink at top left. URGENT. Please Help windows loading screen It just shows hp and press f for system recovery The thing is when I press f or f to system recover or to go to safe mode the laptop goes to the black screen with the blinking white cursor at the top left I can enter the system diagnostics screen and I checked everything on there It says the battery all hard drive and memory is ok But I can't friggin system recover or get past the hp screen Is there any commands or anything I can enter to factory reset the laptop I can enter the command prompt screen because I have a disc but the disc does not allow for factory reset It only allows system restoring to an earlier date and I've tried every single of the restore points Each one still gave me the black screen with white cursor at top left

A:Windows 7 Black Screen white blink at top left. URGENT. Please Help

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennyzzz

I need help urgently. I have my finals tomorrow for my AP english class and all my files were saved on this laptop. Everytime I boot my laptop, it does not go past the windows 7 loading screen. It just shows hp and press f11 for system recovery. The thing is, when I press f8, or f11 , to system recover or to go to safe mode, the laptop goes to the black screen with the blinking white cursor at the top left. I can enter the system diagnostics screen and I checked everything on there. It says the battery, all hard drive, and memory is ok. But I can't friggin system recover or get past the hp screen. Is there any commands or anything I can enter to factory reset the laptop? I can enter the command prompt screen because I have a disc, but the disc does not allow for factory reset. It only allows system restoring to an earlier date, and I've tried every single of the restore points. Each one still gave me the black screen with white cursor at top left.

If you recover you will lose your files. I would check that the hdd is seated properly

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-white-blink-at-top-left-urgent-please-help-625338.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi all I am back with yet another problem on my laptop computer Same black Windows blinking 7 cursor white with screen frozen computer as my last problem a HP Pavilion dm - with Windows OS This time the problem that I am experiencing is very similar to this one http www bleepingcomputer com forums t Unfortunately the post that I have linked is no longer applicable to me because the person in that post decided to reinstall his her OS Whenever my computer starts up it is automatically directed to a blank black screen save for a blinking white cursor on the top-middle of the screen The Windows logo animation screen does not even appear it just skips to the aforementioned black screen I have so far waited about hours for something to happen and of course nothing happens I am not redirected to Startup Repair or anywhere else after any reboot I recall that prior to this while I was trying to organise some of my files my computer suddenly decided to Windows 7 frozen black screen with white blinking cursor close all programs and shut down on its own for no conspicuous reason Once again system restore points do not work and I am unable to use Safe Mode or any of its variations because the computer won't let me do so Malwarebytes and Spybot are Windows 7 frozen black screen with white blinking cursor my antivirus programs installed and the solution of reinstalling the OS itself is off-limits to me because I am unwilling to see the extinction of all of my personal stuff

A:Windows 7 frozen black screen with white blinking cursor

I apologise, I just realised that I forgot to note that I am unable to provide a FRST.txt log for the computer this time because I am unable to get into Advanced Boot Options. No matter how quickly and repetitively I tap the F8 key, the black screen always manages to come first. I should also note that the white blinking cursor starts off from the top-left corner, then dashes to the top-middle after about a second passes. So consequently, I am unable to get into System Recovery Options and run any program through Command Prompt.

I still await any possible instructions. Again, I apologise if I sound impatient.

Relevancy 72.24%

Hello I am trying to install Windows XP because Windows is damn slow Corporate Edition -bit but after the Copying Windows Files setup portion the setup wants to restart my computer but after the motherboard logo I just get the blacnk screen with white dash - if CD is inserted I get quot Press any key to boot from CD quot and a white dash at the end with nothing happening I ve searched for a solution everywhere but I didn t find my case Black first dash Windows with of portion screen after white Setup? I have installed XP atleas times Black screen with white dash after first portion of Windows Setup? on this computer and I ve never had such problem before I Black screen with white dash after first portion of Windows Setup? thought it could be because of the -bit version but after trying to install the -bit version I have got the same issue which has never happened before Windows installs perfectly I have removed the CD from the drive Updated the BIOS to the last version Tried running in safe mode and nothing helped My computer specs are Processor Intel Pentium DualCore GHz GB of DDR RAM GB HDD SATA ATI HD MB DDR Graphics Card American Megatrends Inc BIOS I hope there s somebody out there to help me because I really want XP -Mucky nbsp

A:Black screen with white dash after first portion of Windows Setup?

Seems that Windows XP installation is not detecting or having problems with your SATA2 drive.

Try going to BIOS and Switching the SATA2 drive out of RAID mode if possible see if that helps.

Windows Xp has issues with SATA2 Drives.

Or you may need to slipstream your copy of Xp with sp2 or 3 if your cd is only SP1 for it to recognize and work with SATA drives. Also with SATA drives I believe Windows XP only recognizes 128GB 137GB SATA drives.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-white-dash-after-first-portion-of-windows-setup.1015472/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi Yesterday I was playing a computer game when my pc suddenly shut down so I restarted and tried again and the same thing happened So I figured the PC might be overheating I told my dad who white underscore screen boot: cursor Black won't Windows with got rid of the dust inside the PC But after putting all the cables back into the pc when we tried to restart the computer all it did was show bios information American Megatrends Windows won't boot: Black screen with white underscore cursor etc After that the computer continues but after it says quot checking NVRAM update OK quot it goes to a black screen with a white blinking underscore on the top right of the screen I can t see any sign of windows whatsoever I have windows Vista I tried getting to the safe mode which I read about after googling But I can t enter safe mode all I get is a screen saying quot Please select boot device quot and it shows options quot USB Generic Flash quot options and quot IDE HL-DT-ST DVDRAM quot option But whichever one I choose it just goes back to the black screen I read about this on google too and people said you should close this screen and keep pressing F but when I do nothing happens all I see is the black screen Does anyone know what to do to fix the problem nbsp

A:Windows won't boot: Black screen with white underscore cursor

Go back inside the computer and make sure the cables to the hard drive and from the motherboard to the hard drive are secure and connected

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-wont-boot-black-screen-with-white-underscore-cursor.175769/
Relevancy 72.24%

I've been having troubles hit windows black ESC... load I Gateway un white screen won't and unless desktop with my computer recently and decided it was my graphics card I went and purchased a new one and got a new power supply to go with it I put my new hardware in and turned on my computer but it a gets stuck on my Gateway screen It says to press either F or F for BIOS or Boot options Pressing either doesn't work The only way I can get my computer to boot is to hit esp as soon as I power on my computer it'll load into the American Megatrends screen for about minute and then windows will boot If I press f or f fast enough it will say it's loading them Gateway desktop won't load windows unless I hit ESC... black screen and white un but switches into a black screen with the white underscore Side note I run dual monitor and it switches monitors for this From my HDMI to my DVI I'm not sure if it's just booting into the wrong thing Or if maybe something wasn't Gateway desktop won't load windows unless I hit ESC... black screen and white un quite plugged in right Maybe I should change where my SATA cable is plugged in Gateway Computer Model DX Windows bit Intel core i processor Two TB Hard drives GB Memory Nvidia Geforce GTX ti GB Thank you Gateway desktop won't load windows unless I hit ESC... black screen and white un in advance for your help

A:Gateway desktop won't load windows unless I hit ESC... black screen and white un

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576753/gateway-desktop-wont-load-windows-unless-i-hit-esc-black-screen-and-white-un/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi Everyone I'm having issues with my Windows bit PC My issues are almost IDENTICAL to this post here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t windows- -frozen-black-screen-with-white-blinking-cursor I was organizing files when Black Screen 7 White with Cursor Virus Boots to Windows after everything closed Microsoft Windows 7 Boots to Black Screen with White Cursor after Virus Security Essentials appears saying Threat Detected and now my computer will not boot even to safe mode It will boot to a Windows Repair disc which I've done and tried running startup repair and system restore None of the system restore points work they all give me the message An unspecified error occurred during System Restore x ffff I've taken the first steps of running Farbar I definitely need some help with the fixlist text file THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE Here is the log Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on - - Running from G Windows Professional Service Pack X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt FRST is updated to run from normal or Safe mode to produce a full FRST txt log and an extra Addition txt log Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run BCSSync - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office BCSSync exe DelayServices - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Run nwiz - C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nview nwiz exe installquiet - - HKLM Run LogMeIn GUI - C Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe - - LogMeIn Inc HKLM Run MSC - c Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe -hide -runkey - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM RunOnce Restore - C Windows system rstrui exe RUNONCE - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched - C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Sun Microsystems Inc HKLM-x Run APSDaemon - C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run QuickTime Task - C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe -atboottime - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKU CAD Run Google Update - C Users CAD AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe c - - Google Inc HKU CAD Run Wisdom-soft ScreenHunter Pro - x HKU CAD Run Autodesk Sync - C Program Files Autodesk Autodesk Sync AdSync exe - - Autodesk Inc HKU Default RunOnce mctadmin - C Windows System mctadmin exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU Default User RunOnce mctadmin - C Windows System mctadmin exe - - Microsoft Corporation Startup C ProgramData Start Menu Programs Startup SolidWorks Fast Start lnk ShortcutTarget SolidWorks Fast Start lnk - gt C Windows Installer B B EA E-B F- D-A -B FB NewShortcut EDF C D A B B F FE C A D exe Flexera Software Inc Startup C ProgramData Start Menu Programs Startup SolidWorks Fast Start lnk ShortcutTarget SolidWorks Fast Start lnk - gt C Windows Installer FFA C - A B- C E- - B C NewShortcut EDF C D A B B F FE C A D exe Flexera Software LLC Startup C ProgramData Start Menu Programs Startup SolidWorks Background Downloader lnk ShortcutTarget SolidWorks Background Downloader lnk - gt C Program Files x Common Files SolidWorks Installation Manager BackgroundDownloading sldBgDwld exe Dassault Syst mes SolidWorks Corp Startup C Users CAD AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Adobe Gamma lnk ShortcutTarget Adobe Gamma lnk - gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe Adobe Systems Inc Startup C Users CAD AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Dropbox lnk ShortcutTarget Dropbox lnk - gt No File Services Whitelisted S Adobe LM Service C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exe - - Adobe Systems S CoordinatorServiceHost C Program Files SolidWorks Corp SolidWorks swScheduler DTSCoordinatorService exe - - Dassault Syst mes SolidWorks Corp S DraftSight API Service C Program Files x Dassault Systemes D... Read more

A:Windows 7 Boots to Black Screen with White Cursor after Virus

Problem resolved per OP.

This topic is now closed.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500690/windows-7-boots-to-black-screen-with-white-cursor-after-virus/
Relevancy 72.24%

After a OS restart i get a blinking cursor and nothing happens i can't get into white black with Windows cursor screen frozen 7 blinking safe mode FRTS log Scanresultaten van Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Versie - - Gestart door SYSTEM Beheerder op MININT- E C J - - Gestart vanaf Windows 7 frozen black screen with white blinking cursor D Geladen Profielen False Beschikbare Profielen lt AANDACHT Tijdelijke Profiel Platform Windows Preinstallation Environment X Taal Nederlands Nederland Boot Modus Normal Handleiding Windows 7 frozen black screen with white blinking cursor voor Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processen gefilterd Als een item is opgenomen in de fixlist het proces zal worden gesloten Het bestand zal niet worden verplaatst Microsoft Corporation X Windows System winpeshl exe Microsoft Corporation X Windows System WallpaperHost exe Microsoft Corporation X setup exe Microsoft Corporation X sources recovery RecEnv exe Microsoft Corp X sources recovery tools MSDartTools exe Microsoft Corp X Windows System Explorer exe Register gefilterd Als een item is opgenomen in de fixlist het registry item zal worden teruggezet naar de standaardwaarden of verwijderd Het bestand zal niet worden verplaatst HKLM-x Winlogon Userinit X HKLM Winlogon Shell cmd exe k start cmd exe lt AANDACHT HKLM-x Winlogon Shell lt AANDACHT BootExecute Internet gefilterd Als een item is opgenomen in de fixlist als het een registry item is wordt verwijderd of hersteld naar de standaard Winsock Catalog SystemRoot System mswsock dll Geen bestand Winsock Catalog SystemRoot system mswsock dll Geen bestand Winsock Catalog SystemRoot system mswsock dll Geen bestand Winsock Catalog SystemRoot system mswsock dll Geen bestand Winsock Catalog SystemRoot system mswsock dll Geen bestand Winsock Catalog SystemRoot system mswsock dll Geen bestand Winsock Catalog SystemRoot system mswsock dll Geen bestand Winsock Catalog SystemRoot system mswsock dll Geen bestand ManualProxies Internet Explorer HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page HKLM Software Wow Node Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page HKLM Software Wow Node Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL HKLM Software Wow Node Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL HKLM Software Wow Node Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page HKLM Software Wow Node Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page SearchScopes HKLM - gt DefaultScope waarde ontbreekt SearchScopes HKLM-x - gt DefaultScope waarde ontbreekt DefaultPrefix gt lt AANDACHT Prefixes home gt lt AANDACHT Prefixes www gt lt AANDACHT DefaultPrefix-x gt lt AANDACHT Prefixes-x home gt lt AANDACHT Prefixes-x www gt lt AANDACHT Services gefilterd Als een item is opgenomen in de fixlist wordt uit het register verwijderd Het bestand zal niet worden verplaatst tenzij apart vermeld S sacsvr X Windows system sacsvr dll - - Microsoft Corporation Drivers gefilterd Als een item is opgenomen in de fixlist wordt uit het register verwijderd Het bestand zal niet worden verplaatst tenzij apart vermeld R bfadfcoei X Windows System drivers bfadfcoei sys - - QLogic Corporation R bfadi X Windows System drivers bfadi sys - - QLogic Corporation R bxfcoe X Windows System drivers bxfcoe sys - - QLogic Corporation R bxois X Windows System drivers bxois sys - - QLogic Corporation S cht vbd X Windows System drivers cht vx sys - - Chelsio Communications R elxfcoe X Windows System drivers elxfcoe sys - - Emulex R FBWF X Windows System DRIVERS fbwf sys - - Microsoft Corporation R ql i X Windows System drivers ql i sys - - QLogic Corporation R ql xx i X Windows System drivers ql xx i sys - - QLogic Corporation R qlfcoei X Wind... Read more

Hi iceke

My name is polskamachina and I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal Forum. I will be helping you with your malware issues.
What follows below are some ground rules for this forum.
I will reply as soon as possible (typically within 24-48 hours). In turn, I ask that you please respond within 72 hours. If you know you will be away longer than that, please let me know. I am in California at GMT-7 hours (Pacific Standard Time). If I do not respond to you within 48 hours, feel free to send me a private message.
Some points for you to keep in mind:
Do NOT run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine. Running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, cause unforeseen damage, or system instability.
Do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
I cannot see your computer. Periodically update me on the condition of your computer, and provide as much detail as you can in every post.
Once things seem to be working again, please do not abandon the thread. I will give an "all-clean" message at the very end.
NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planned. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a flash drive, anywhere except on the computer.
NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.
In order for me to give you the best assistance possible, I will need to see an English version of the FRST report.
Right-click the FRST64 icon.
Select Rename.
Change the name of the program to either: EnglishFRST64.exe or FRSTEnglish64.exe.
Press the Enter key to accept the name change.
Double-click the newly named icon and the program should start in English.
Check the box for Addition.txt. Note: This option is not available if you're running the program from the Recovery Environment.
Click on the Scan button.
When the scan has completed, copy and paste the FRST.txt and Addition.txt if available into your next reply to me.
Let me know if you have any questions.

polskamachina

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617051/windows-7-frozen-black-screen-with-white-blinking-cursor/
Relevancy 72.24%

Home 7 screen with cursor frozen Windows white blinking black built computer running Widow bit ult computer randomly shut down and refused to recognize the boot sector and would not recognize that I had recovery points I have followed the steps up to fixtlist from http www bleepingcomputer com forums t windows- -frozen-black-screen-with-white-blinking-cursor bios gt recovery dsk gt Cmd Prompt gt farbar I am hesitant to run the fixlist without confirmation Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM Windows 7 frozen black screen with white blinking cursor on MININT-THSJFIP on - - Running from h Platform Windows Ultimate Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST must be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum Windows 7 frozen black screen with white blinking cursor topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run BTMTrayAgent gt rundll exe C Program Files Intel bluetooth btmshellex dll TrayApp HKLM Run NvBackend gt C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe - - NVIDIA Corporation HKLM Run FAHConsole gt C Program Files File Association Helper FAHConsole exe - - Nico Mak Computing HKLM Run PrintDisp gt C Windows system PrintDisp exe - - ActMask Co Ltd - http www all pdf com HKLM Run AdobeAAMUpdater- gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA UpdaterStartupUtility exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run AvastUI exe gt C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe - - AVAST Software HKLM-x Run Immunet Protect gt C Program Files Immunet iptray exe - - Immunet HKLM-x Run ADSKAppManager gt C Program Files x Common Files Autodesk Shared AppManager R AdAppMgr exe - - Autodesk Inc HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched gt C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Oracle Corporation HKLM-x Run QuickTime Task gt C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe - - Apple Inc HKU deadlog Run GoogleChromeAutoLaunch ED E F E AF D F C gt C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe - - Google Inc HKU deadlog Run GoogleDriveSync gt C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe - - Google HKU deadlog Run f lux gt C Users deadlog AppData Local FluxSoftware Flux flux exe - - Flux Software LLC HKU deadlog Run SkyDrive gt C Users deadlog AppData Local Microsoft SkyDrive SkyDrive exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU deadlog Run Google Update gt C Users deadlog AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe - - Google Inc HKU deadlog Run MusicManager gt C Users deadlog AppData Local Programs Google MusicManager MusicManager exe - - Google Inc HKU deadlog Run CCleaner Monitoring gt C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe - - Piriform Ltd HKU deadlog Policies Explorer Startup C Users deadlog AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Dropbox lnk ShortcutTarget Dropbox lnk - gt No File Startup C Users deadlog AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Send to OneNote lnk ShortcutTarget Send to OneNote lnk - gt C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE Microsoft Corporation BootExecute dfboottime C Windows System dfboottime cfgautocheck autochk Services Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the service will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately S AdAppMgrSvc C Program Files x Common Files Autodesk Shared AppManager R AdAppMgrSvc exe - - Autodesk Inc S Autodesk Content Service C Program Files x Autodesk Content Service Connect Service ContentService exe - - Autodesk Inc S avast Antivirus C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe - - AVAST Software S CFD Server C Program Files Autodesk Simulati... Read more

Greetings endercase and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please run the following for me.===================================================Bootrec /fixboot Windows 7/Vista--------------------Boot your computer into the Recovery EnvironmentSelect Repair your computerSelect Command PromptType the following after the Command Prompt, pressing Enter after each linebootrec.exe /fixbootAttempt to boot your computer into Normal Boot===================================================Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it. Does your computer boot?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562686/windows-7-frozen-black-screen-with-white-blinking-cursor/
Relevancy 71.81%

My hp notebook with windows 7 turns on to a black screen with a horizontal line in the top left hand corner. How do I fix this problem?

A:My hp notebook with windows 7 turns on to a black screen with a horizontal line

Thread closed please do not make multiple threads on the same issue

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-hp-notebook-with-windows-7-turns-on-to-a-black-screen-with-a-horizontal-line-663178.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello , from today morning my laptop screen showing a horizontal white line (on the top of screen) . First it was steady and now it's blinking. I've checked in BIOS by pressing F10. It is showing here also. Please suggest me how to solve this problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/White-line-on-screen/td-p/5746258
Relevancy 71.81%

My windows Vista Ultimate won't boot up, it only shows a black screen and white mouse pointer after the loading part, right before the windows logo circle appears glowing.... i also tried booting from the vista dvd but right after loading files screen another error shows up "windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer" " status:0xc00000e9 info: an unexpected I/O error had occurred"....... btw all this happened after the chkdsk utility cheked my disk for about 2 hours say "replacing invalid ID with default ID for file ###### for file 9".... how can i work this out?? also, safemod shows me the same black screen with white mouse pointer.... help please!!

A:Windows Vista won't boot, black screen and white mouse pointer only

Are you sure that is the error message ? ? 0xc00000e9 i didn't find many results on...
Was chkdsk interrupted before finishing ? ?
SATA drive or IDE ?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/198202-windows-vista-wont-boot-black-screen-white-mouse-pointer-only.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello!

I tried Linux yesterday, and wrote over my previous Windows bootloader files with GRUB.

I later that day (as I could not boot into Windows 7), I deleted the Linux partitions with Windows 7 DVD.

Now, after BIOS I just get a white blinking border on a black screen.

I tried

bootrec /fixmbr
Success
bootrec /fixboot
Success
bootrec /rebuildbdc
Success
bootrec /scanos (Total identified Windows-installs: 0)

I also tried the "automatic" systemrepair (1st choice in the DVD menu, with no luck)

Can someone please help me?

A:Windows 7 wont boot - black screen, white blinking border

try also restart your bios.. take out your battery bios and put it back. then will reset your bios setting. setting the date/time and see how is going.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/91231-windows-7-wont-boot-black-screen-white-blinking-border.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a Satellite P850/040

I tried to start it up and was taken to the "Windows Error Recovery" screen. I tried both "Launch Startup Repair (recommended)" and "Start Windows Normally" options. Neither worked!

In the "Advanced Boot Options" I have unsuccessfully tried the following options:
Repair Your Computer
Safe Mode
Enable low-resolution video
Last Known Good Configuration (advanced)
Start Windows Normally

Stupidly I have not run a back-up of my files for 6 months & cannot afford to lose some of them.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or should I send it off to a Toshiba Service Repairer (there is not one available in the town I live in)? Thanks

A:Satellite P850/040 - Windows 7 Black screen with White Mouse Pointer

> Stupidly I have not run a back-up of my files for 6 months & cannot afford to lose some of them.

Two options:

*1)* You would remove the HDD from the notebook, and would use an external 2.5? USB to SATA enclosure in order to connect this HDD to another computer. In such case you should be able to get access to the HDD and to rescue the files.

*2)* You would boot the notebook using Live CD like Linux Live CD or an WindowsPE Live CD. Google for that to get more details.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?72351-Satellite-P850-040-Windows-7-Black-screen-with-White-Mouse-Pointer
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi my pc will not boot into windows properly system is a Toshiba Satelite L d AMD Turion Process gb RAM running Windows Vista Home Premium I think - with boot cursor a Windows screen Cant - virus white suspect into black - not certain dont know which service pack is installed The computer appears to start up normally and then I simply get a black screen with the white cursor So far I have tried Normal mode boot black screen white cursor ctrl Cant boot into Windows - suspect a virus - black screen with white cursor alt delete does nothing Safe mode - black screen white cursor ctrl alt delete does nothing Safe mode with networking - black screen white cursor ctrl alt delete does nothing safe mode with command prompt - black screen white cursor ctrl alt delete does nothing last know good configuration - black screen white cursor ctrl alt delete does nothing boot to F - repair your computer and it does load the system recover options System restore starts but then gives the message 'no restore points have been created' Startup repair reports 'startup repair could not detect a problem'

A:Cant boot into Windows - suspect a virus - black screen with white cursor

Gazsa,

typically this is a sign of the computer trying to boot from something other than the hard drive. (In most cases) Double check that all flash drives are disconnected, there there is no cd in the disk player.

Most have already tried this, but I didnt see you mention this, thats why I ask.

Hope this helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517087/cant-boot-into-windows-suspect-a-virus-black-screen-with-white-cursor/
Relevancy 71.38%

Please Help! My compaq nc6320 has this 1-inch white line running down the center with a small red line an inch or 2 away. I've gotten rid of the white line once before by pressing down, but I'm not getting this to work. I need to knbow how to get rid of this line and this method and any other SERIOUS methods are welcomed!
Also, the Red Line isn't bothering me, but it would be nice for some suggestions on how to get rid of it.

Also, the White Line does NOT come up on screen Shots, nor does the RED.
URGENT! Please help!

Relevancy 71.38%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home across and up top freezes line screen of white Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Sempron tm M AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD white line across top of screen and freezes up M G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard F Antivirus Computer Security Updated and Enabled Hi i don t know if this is the right place to post this but i need some advice about my computer Whenever i use my computer after it hasn t been used for a while when i open it it gets a white line across the top of the screen Then my screen freezes up and my screen goes funny The only way i can get it to work again is to hook it up to an external monitor When the screen finally clears up and i unplug the monitor it starts working good again Do you have any ideas about why my computer would be doing this Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

Alienware opt-x aw2310 monitor.
I have this annoying line on my monitor......i have unplugged monitor cable and it is still there so i know it is the monitor itself.

ran LCD conditioning tool....no change.
the line is white and grey bit of black also.
Anyone have any ideas as to what it is....or is my screen dying ?
you can see it under alien pic below......

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19989079
Relevancy 71.38%

I am getting White Horizontal line on top of the screen.
I plugged out signal cable, those white horizontal line is gone. but I plug in switch cable, horizontal line appearing on top of the screen, so what's causing this?

A:White Horizontal line on top of the screen

Could u give some specs what monitor and video card, what operating system? what computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/white-horizontal-line-on-top-of-the-screen.208508/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have two white lines down my monitor. They always appear when the monitor is on, but not when the monitor is off. Any ideas? I can't take a screenshot of it, so it isn't an OS thing (I think). I'm using Windows XP SP2.

Relevancy 71.38%

I was hoping someone could help me, I litterally just took my brand new HP All in One 21-3140 out of the box and the display as it was first starting up looked great and then it performed an update and now on the right hand side of my screen I have a white dotted line going down it. I have tried rebooting my computer and pulling the power cord out along with the connections for the wireless keyboard and mouse and cannot seem to get rid of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/White-Vertical-Line-on-Screen/td-p/5647749
Relevancy 71.38%

I am not really an IT professional but everyone in the office brings their problems to me since there isn't anyone else This one I'm stumped and even search engines have failed me There is a laptop with a white line across the left side of the screen about a centimeter thick with a thin green border It appears to be quot of edge along screen line White above quot the desktop and task bar because things like the mouse or icons disappear under it but still function normally The problem has apparently been around for months possibly over half a year and there aren't any restore points prior to it The computer is a Compaq running Windows XP Home SP Other than the white line it seems to be fully functional but I really don't know what it is Here are some of the things I've noticed - It's not a program or at least doesn't appear in Task White line along edge of screen Manager as a process - It doesn't change when the resolution changes - The computer doesn't seem to have any problems with viruses - The line is there starting at the POST screen and stays constantly including Safe Mode except when the screen briefly goes blank prior to starting up Windows It would seem like potentially a graphical problem but I really have no idea what to check or what would cause White line along edge of screen this The user of this computer remembers no details and probably won't be helpful in getting any information White line along edge of screen They have also taken the computer back so I hope I haven't neglecting anything important to check

A:White line along edge of screen

Connect an external monitor - does the line appear?

If NO, then you have an internal cable or screen issue.

If YES, then you have a graphics chip/card issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/white-line-along-edge-of-screen-548360.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I was hoping someone could help me, I litterally just took my brand new HP All in One 21-3140 out of the box and the display as it was first starting up looked great and then it performed an update and now on the right hand side of my screen I have a white dotted line going down it. I have tried rebooting my computer and pulling the power cord out along with the connections for the wireless keyboard and mouse and cannot seem to get rid of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/White-Vertical-Line-on-Screen/td-p/5647749
Relevancy 71.38%

I booted up my laptop today and I got a thin white line going across the screen... Would that be a screen problem or would be do to an OS problem? I shut it down and rebooted and I still got it...

Please advise!

Thanks...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thin-white-line-on-screen.182855/
Relevancy 70.52%

When starting my HP dv6 3060em it goes to the HP Logo screen like normal but once that goes away the screen just goes black and does nothing. The sound  is working, just the screen remains black. What shuld I do?

A:Windows booting black screen

Hi @Premlez,  Thank you for your inquiry, I will do my best to help! I understand that on startup you get the HP splash screen but then it goes to  a black screen. Her is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boo... that should help.   To show appreciation for my replying, please click the thumbs up icon below. If this corrected the difficulty please tell other people by choosing solution provided.  Best of Luck!  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Windows-booting-black-screen/td-p/5112816
Relevancy 70.52%

My HP laptop has black screen problem since windows 8. Now it has windowds 10 running. Black screen appears after showing the HP logo. Even sometimes I cannot type password from keyboard. Nothing is typed whatever I write from keyboard during password entrance. Or sometimes it says Signin service failed to load. My PC ran into a problem. It is collecting data and restart. I went through advanced repairing option and ran Start-up Repair. No change. I tried to ran Scan Drive Fix Error during boot but it could not finish successfully. I wish I could throw out this laptop and buy a new laptop of other brand!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/windows-10-black-screen-after-booting/td-p/5786897
Relevancy 70.52%

I get blank screen after the system enters Windows XP option.

This happened after the system got affected with a Trojan. I got message that a Trojan has been detected and system needs to restart. When I restarted, the system did not start up.

Following is the sequence :
Systems starts.
a.I press power buton & Wierd sound (light but wierd) comes
b.Dell logo appears
c will get two option
1. Windows XP recovery conole
2. Windows XP professional

When it enters Windows XP professional, nothing comes up, only black screen.
Windows XP recovery console works fine

Same problem happens for the following

1 Safe mode
2 The best last know configuration

I do not have the Windows XP CD as I missed it.

I guess some virus is causiong this problem. Any inputs on this.

A:Black screen upon booting Windows XP

I'm having your thread moved to another, more appropriate forum. If the system problem is resolved and they feel a malware issue may be present, you will be referred back to this forum.

The thread will be reopened there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-upon-booting-windows-xp.157758/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have the Lenova H - desktop that came with Windows home version Build A couple of days ago I had the new anniversary update to come through and started installing This ran for over hours and still black booting into off when screen How get up windows of to never finished so I shut it down by pushing the How to get off of black screen when booting up into windows power button which was the only way because I had a black screen How to get off of black screen when booting up into windows with a little round circle of How to get off of black screen when booting up into windows dots going round and round no way to get off that screen Anyway after restarting this way about different times before I ever got a screen to come up that I could possible fix the issue So first off I asked it to try and repair which it could not do Then I tried for a restore point but apparently the update got rid of all of those so I finally told it to reinstall windows Guess it did it from the computer as I have no disk for this machine When it did come up finally I had Windows Version which was what the anniversary update was I ran a scan disk and everything was ok And according to the Lanova program it ran all the test and came up everything was fine So I preceded to reinstall my internet security program and Office I had no problems with either and the machine was turning off and on as normal with no problems This was two days ago then today I turned it on I have this black screen again with that little round circle of dots going round and round with no way out of it Tried turning off and on again by the button on top of computer which nothing helped except at one time I did get a screen come up that said gt gt Checking Media Presence gt gt Media Present gt gt Start PXE over IPv then it changed to gt gt Checking Media Presence gt gt Media Present gt gt Start PXE over IPv - then after a while the words quot No media Present the boot sequence with repeat again It did this several times until I finally just hard shut it down again Now I don't even get that --- just that darn black screen with the little round dots going round and round The light that should be blinking because it is working only works for a very short time and then it stops Now What I have a lot of files on this computer that I do not want to loose This machine is not very old for me in fact I just paid it off Please help

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436033-how-get-off-black-screen-when-booting-up-into-windows.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello I just got a new computer after my desktops harddrive failed and this new one is pretty good HP computer----------- I - processor GB ddr ram TB HDATI Radeon HD graphics card Now here s my problem When I first got it we windows booting up After screen goes black. hooked it up at my friends house using his monitor and it worked fine We installed Firefox and all the other necessities When I got it home I hooked it up to my plasma TV via a VGA cable However I encountered a problem It will boot up to the quot windows booting logo quot but after that it just goes black and my TV says quot no signal quot Now I ve seen this problem before so I had a few guesses on how to correct it I booted my computer in safe mode and used run- gt msconfig- gt After booting up windows screen goes black. startup and disabled all the startup stuff I then disabled all the non-microsoft services also If After booting up windows screen goes black. there was a startup conflict this would fix it No dice It still went to a black screen So I tried disabling the display adaptor and that fixed it However I could not exceed resolution or else it would go black again I figured I should update the ATI Radeon video card and that might solve the problem I updated with the ATI websites HD series driver and it installed fine However it still gives me the same black screen Again disabling the display adaptor solves the problem but leaves me with a crappy resolution What s even weirder is when I boot my computer up in VGA mode I actually get to the password screen and after THAT it goes black I m totally stumped guys What is causing this problem and how can I fix it

A:After booting up windows screen goes black.

I had problems hooking to my TV and ended up with a black screen, a fellow on this site recommended pressing the F&N keys the hitting F6. Worked like a charm on XP Pro, not sure about 7.

Phil

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/278868/after-booting-up-windows-screen-goes-black/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello,

During the last days I'm having problems with starting my windows laptop.
After I tried to install the latest nvidia drivers (I needed CUDA) my pc rebooted and got a black screen.
Everytime I start my laptop in normal-mode I first see the bios, then the "windows 7 is starting" and then there should be the log-in screen, but that is a black screen. I do hear the log-in sound.
When I try to boot into safe-mode everything is fine.
This would obviously be a driver problem, but I do not know how to solve this.

Drivers I tried:
From nvidia site:
Newest beta for GT 130M
Newest stable for GT 130M
Latest driver on acer site for 7738G (windows 7)
Latest driver on acer site for 7738G (windows vista)

None of these work.
Sadly I don't know which drivers I had installed previously.
Can anybody help me with this problem?

Thank you in advantage,

l104693

A:Black screen on booting windows 7

Hello and welcome to Sevenforums!

Do you maybe have Win7 or BIOS to switch off the laptop display, and output to an external monitor? Have you tried connecting an external monitor when this happens? or performing the FN key combination to switch monitors?

Hotkeys And Key Combinations On Aspire One Netbooks

Fn + F5 - Display toggle Switches display output between the display screen, external monitor (if connected) and both.
Fn + F6 - Screen blank Switches off the display backlight. Press any key to enable the backlight again.

Also have you performed a Driver Sweeper before installing/reinstalling the drivers?
Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/211363-black-screen-booting-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Bit of a long story but here I go I have Radeon with the crossfire thing set up it s been working well for over years Over the last few weeks I ve been having issues mostly while watching videos usually HD and AMD white/low 6950 Radeon problems screen/black (black and resolution) or full screen The video will freeze the audio will loop then eventually the screen goes black and I get an error message saying quot Display driver AMD Radeon 6950 problems (black screen/black and white/low resolution) has stopped working AMD Radeon 6950 problems (black screen/black and white/low resolution) and has recovered quot Sometimes it didn t recover and I have to turn the computer off What s now happening is it will freeze at the windows start up Then after resetting I will get to windows in very very low resolution and in black and white So I re-seated the cards I couldn t notice any obvious damage to it except the fans were very dusty so I cleaned them Boot it up and I still get the black and white I checked the device manager and it said one of the cards was having problems I uninstalled both drivers from that menu not quite sure if I should have done this and for whatever reason it s now working However it now seems one of my cards is not being recognised Only one display adapter is shown in the device manager and AMD catalyst only recognises one card too What s the best course of action to determine what s wrong with what card still not quite sure which one it is Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Z -V Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-radeon-6950-problems-black-screen-black-and-white-low-resolution.1116301/
Relevancy 70.52%

Helo all,

I having a problem with my pc when start the pc....white screen appear then few colors line came out....

izzit my graphic card broken?that is a build in graphic card, can it plug in a new external graphic card then the pc can be running again?

pls give me some suggestion!!

Thanks

A:PC start with white screen v with few line color

Check the connection from the monitor to the PC. Try another monitor. If no change in the problem, trying a new graphics card is a reasonable thing to do. More information on your system would be needed before suggesting what kind of card would work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-start-with-white-screen-v-with-few-line-color.581706/
Relevancy 70.52%

I just installed doom 3. When i started plaing it i noticed 2 thin white lines running verticaly on the left side of the sceen, and 1 thin green line running horizontily. I have 2 6600 nividia vidio cards with sli. Any help is greatly appriciated.

A:GREEN and WHITE LINE STUCK ON SCREEN

Just when you play the game do the lines show, or ever since no matter what program is running?

Do you have the latest drivers for your graphics card?

Is your monitor LCD or CRT?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/green-and-white-line-stuck-on-screen.385949/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello HP Support nbsp I need white screen Vertical line on laptop the your help nbsp I have an nbsp HP Pavilion Notebook - n el energy star nbsp Product number F R EA ABZ running on nbsp Windows -bit System Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz GHz RAM GB Processor Graphics in use Intel R HD Graphics GOP version nbsp Since yesterday after some updates probably but I don't know which ones a white vertical line has appeared on the right-hand side of the screen and it doesn't go away nbsp I cannot watch films or videos do any work without this line disturbing the screen it is really annoying and unpleasant nbsp Everything else is normal and running properly I think nbsp Vertical white line on the laptop screen I have tried to solve it by downloading updated versions of the graphics processor but when I go to your website for my laptop there are three downloads recommended for the graphics processor nbsp Driver per scheda grafica Intel ad alta definizione HD - - Versione M nbsp orDriver scheda grafica NVIDIA - - Versione M nbsp orDriver per scheda grafica AMD ad alta definizione HD - - Versione M nbsp I don't know which one I have to download so I have not downloaded any and in any case I don't know whether that would solve my problem nbsp Can you please help me nbsp nbsp Many Thanks in advance Patrizia

A:Vertical white line on the laptop screen

Hey Patrizia,Welcome to the HP Forums!The first steps that you should attempt is to make sure that the vertical white lines do not appear in the BIOS. To do this I have included the steps below.1. Turn off your computer2. Make sure you have connected the power cable3. Turn on your notebook, as it is starting press the  F10 button repeatedlyOnce you are in the BIOS, if the lines are still present, it is likely a hardware failure. The next two steps may resolve the issue. The first one is to do a hard reset. I have included the document 'Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset'. The next and final step is to perform a BIOS update. I have included the information here for you 'Updating the BIOS'.Let me know if the issue does not appear in the BIOS.Hope this helps!

I worked on behalf of HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Vertical-white-line-on-the-laptop-screen/td-p/3835370
Relevancy 70.09%

Having trouble booting into XP with problems similar to those reported in other threads here and elsewhere but with one peculiar behaviour that I haven t seen in my searching On normal restart the machine seems to hang at a black screen gt min after the initial Windows splash On a hard-reset I get the notification of improper shutdown and the usual reboot options Using quot start normally quot repeats the hang - no surprise Using quot safe mode quot a with twist black Windows booting XP on - screen hangs after the agp sys driver loads - there s plenty on this and I ve tried some of the solutions that have worked for others who have had the same issue without success The consensus seems to be that the issue is with whatever follows this component load in the process sequence rather than a problem with agp sys itself Here s the odd bit quot Use the last known good configuration quot and Windows loads up black screen on booting Windows XP - with a twist perfectly normally and black screen on booting Windows XP - with a twist behaves fine BUT a subsequent restart causes the hang again This is what confuses me The only way to boot successfully is to F and select quot use the last known good configuration quot every time I ve tried manually selecting restore points back a couple of weeks but I ve always ended up with the same hang The only configuration that loads successfully is the quot last known good quot one and I have to select this during boot every time The fact that there is a good configuration seems to rule out hardware malfunction Any ideas why Windows seems not to be able to remember the configuration by which it has just successfully loaded nbsp

A:black screen on booting Windows XP - with a twist

Because an infection spreads after boot.

I'd almost suspect that bad guy that ruins atapi.sys. Try scanning it after you get booted.

LoadOrder will tell you what loads after the AGP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-on-booting-windows-xp-with-a-twist.950265/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey all I have an old Toshiba A Laptop What works Bios and boot selection When I turn it on it goes past the Toshiba screen then goes black and does not continue to the windows load screen Now if I go into boot selection and select the hard drive which I did try changing to boot it gives me a SMART failure replace and backup data error and then lets me continue and boot to windows fine Same if I do a boot to Cd-Rom it will boot the cdrom then boot to the hard drive after I ve looked through the bios Laptop, Screen. windows. to booting not Black many times and cant find anything theres very limited options cant even turn off SMART I have been attempting to repair bad sectors on the hard drive when Hiren s Laptop, not booting to windows. Black Screen. Boot CD It usually locks up Is there anything I can do to get the Hard Drive to boot correctly or should I be replacing the hard drive Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-booting-to-windows-black-screen.791247/
Relevancy 70.09%

days ago i turned of my computer and left it turned of over the night Then when i tried to turn it back on again i get the windows boot logo then when it dissapears i just get a black screen however i get the windows tone after a while indicating that the system is running and that the only problem is that the screen is goes 8.1 Laptop windows to screen booting after black not displaying anything I have tried booting in safe-mode that worked But no matter what i changed start-up programs and resolution nothing helped I have tried connecting another screen to my laptop but that screen also displays the black color I should perhaps mention that my laptop originally came with Windows but i upgraded it to Windows and later on So if any of you got an idea for what might help please do tell My Laptops specs Product Name HP Pavilion dv - eo Product Number B K EA Microprocessor GHz Intel Core i - QM Chipset Intel HM Express Microprocessor Cache MB L cache Memory GB DDR Memory Max Supports up Laptop goes to black screen after booting windows 8.1 to GB DDR Memory Slots user accessible Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT M GB DDR dedicated Hard Drive GB SATA rpm Up to GB partition for system recovery Multimedia Drive SuperMulti x DVD R RW with Double Layer Support Display cm quot cm quot full HD anti-glare LED x Network Card Integrated Gigabit Ethernet LAN Wireless Connectivity b g n Bluetooth Sound Beats Audio with HP Triple Bass Reflex Subwoofer Keyboard Full size island-style with integrated numeric keypad Pointing Device TouchPad with on off button and support for multitouch gestures External Ports Multi-format digital media card reader VGA HDMI headphone-out microphone-in USB USB RJ Dimensions x x cm Weight Starting at kg Power W AC power adapter -cell Li-Ion Camera HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated digital microphone low-light

A:Laptop goes to black screen after booting windows 8.1

Windows 8.1 upgrade reboots to black screen of 'nothingness'. - OUC1TOO - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Error 0xC1900101 ? 0x40017 when installing Windows 8.1 - Microsoft Community

Originally Posted by Microsoft Forum Moderator

Error 0xC1900101 – 0x40017 when installing Windows 8.1

Hello,

We understand that many customers are receiving error 0xC1900101 – 0x40017 when installing Windows 8.1. This error is typically caused by an incompatible driver.

If you are receiving this error:
First, please double-check the error code. There are many variations of error 0xC1900101, each with a different location code -- the error extension, located after the dash. The information in this thread is intended only for location code 0x40017. If you are receiving a different location code, these steps are unlikely to resolve your issue.

Check that you’ve already updated all of your drivers. In particular, if you have an NVIDIA GeForce graphics card, make sure you’ve installed the latest Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Check that you do not have any Frequently Asked Questions - What devices are supported by the SteelSeries Engine? that support the SteelSeries Engine installed on your PC. The SteelSeries Engine software is currently not supported on Windows 8.1. Please uninstall the software before attempting to update to Windows 8.1

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/41878-laptop-goes-black-screen-after-booting-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi I have read a thread posted about this same isue by quot Chimei quot it has been very useful thanks quot justpassingby quot i have Windows Black Vista after booting Screen the exact same problem after turning on my laptop after the windows vista green bar disappears a black screen appears with nothing but the mouse icon which I can move but do nothing with I used the installation disk and typed chkdsk but didn't get stuck on stage I am on stage which is taking a looooong time it's in right now with of processed files My question is what will happen after this is finished hopefully sometime this year what are the next steps Black Screen after booting Windows Vista to take so i can use my precious computer again I know very little about all this so I really appreciate all the help I can get Thanks a lot Also what do you recommend in terms of the OS I Black Screen after booting Windows Vista know everybody hates vista and now I hate it too should I change it

A:Black Screen after booting Windows Vista

it just passed to stage 5.... yahooo!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-after-booting-windows-vista-429855.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi, all
I thought this is the correct place to ask this question. I upgraded my system with intel DG41 board and 8GB of ram, and it works fine...

only somtimes when I boot into windows, after the booting screen, just I see a blank black screen, no task manager and explorer too,
I tried different drivers for my nvidia 9500gt, and still same problem, and when i shutdown (holding the power button), and restart, then it works, it log in to windows normally

can anyone help, please

A:I get black screen after booting windows 7 before login

See if these links can provide you with the information you seek.

Why is my screen black when I start Windows 7?

Windows 7 Black Screens of Death for Some AMD/ATI GPUs - Softpedia

windows 7 black screen after login, no desktop show up

[SOLVED] Windows 7 Loads to a black screen. Whats the - Microsoft Answers

Windows 7 won't boot after welcome screen. - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/207637-i-get-black-screen-after-booting-windows-7-before-login.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Today when starting my computer after the computer had displayed the brand screen and that animated Microsoft bar as usual it booted to the password screen but the screen remained black throughout this process without a mouse cursor I only knew or guessed that it had reached the password screen because the loudspeakers were turned on and it made that usual welcome sound So I did a hard shutdown by pressing the power button for a few seconds Then I restarted the computer was told that it had when Vista: Windows screen booting to black not been shut down properly and was given a choice of how I wanted to start Windows so I chose to start Windows in normal mode and everything proceeded smoothly from there Now day before yesterday the Vista: black screen when booting to Windows same thing had happened black screen without a mouse cursor but the loudspeakers were on mute so I don t know where in the booting process it had reached or if it played any sound at all so I did a hard shutdown and restarted the computer It booted normally without telling me that it had not been shut down properly took me to the password screen etc loaded normally ran smoothly What is wrong My Sony-Vaio laptop is two years old It has Windows Vista Home Premium SP GB of RAM with the latest patches and Windows Updates Security Software is Norton Internet Security latest build and updates I do not have a Vista CD by the way - Vista came preinstalled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-black-screen-when-booting-to-windows.901119/
Relevancy 70.09%

When booting my pc, it goes past the windows logo and just before the login screen appears, the screen goes black and all I see is my cursor, I can't move the cursor or do anything with the pc. The only solution that seems to be working is I have to boot from cd and reinstall windows 7. I really don't want to do this everytime I boot up my pc as the installation takes around 45mins. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

A:When booting windows 7, all I see is a black screen & cursor...

Work through these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/254653-when-booting-windows-7-all-i-see-black-screen-cursor.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Afternoon Everyone I am running windows home prem OA on a two month old Acer Aspire I don't know if anything had been changed or adjusted or loaded My year old son was doing homework on it and was the last person to use it before this during booting black up Windows screen 7 lock problem appeared Later I went to get on the computer and it was locked up and thinking hard with several windows open I tried to shut down some of the programs the computer was sluggish so I tryed a ctrl alt delete for some options When the task manager wouldn't open I resorted to a forced shut down Upon starting it back up it locked in a black screen just before the welcome screen should have come up I have tried allowing windows to fix Windows 7 black screen lock up during booting the start up errors and opening in safe mode with the same black screen results Any one have any idea Windows 7 black screen lock up during booting what this is or how to fix it Thanks C Mike

A:Windows 7 black screen lock up during booting

Try a clean boot
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
If you cannot gain access, try in safe mode.

No success, try a system restore from before homework time.
System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/120623-windows-7-black-screen-lock-up-during-booting.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey I got a really weird problem here So here's what happened MY old Acer Aspire T desktop pc has GB RAM is actually usable basically it was up attached screen windows 7 when usb Black with any booting preinstalled with Windows XP Media Center Edition and so this PC was also compatible with Windows Vista provided I upgraded it I did that multiple times and then had to revert back to Win XP due to performance issues I know it is too obvious that Win Vista has a lotta problems Now my parents are thinking of throwing this PC so I installed Black screen when booting up windows 7 with any usb attached Windows Home Premium in this PC via usb cuz I thought that if this one is compatible with Vista then shouldn't have any problems right Everything is working well except Black screen when booting up windows 7 with any usb attached that if I startup my computer without any usb drive attached it doesn't boot won't show quot starting windows quot sign just a blinking cursor I attach my blue Kingston USB and the PC boots up without any hassle Any fix for this I'm thinking that I have to increase my RAM Black screen when booting up windows 7 with any usb attached from GB to GB cuz I think the PC is trying to get more memory from other USB drives ANY FIX FOR THIS

A:Black screen when booting up windows 7 with any usb attached

Do you have a legitmate copy of Windows7?

Also, it sounds like your Windows XP may be too old to support Win7, or Vista without the proper upgrades they both require.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/287312-black-screen-when-booting-up-windows-7-any-usb-attached.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi all from this morning i am experiencing a problem which i mentioned as my Thread title till up booting Windows to screen only cursor a with black last night my pc was alright but when i went on to start my pc today i started to have this issue during booting Windows booting up to black screen with a cursor only when the welcome screen appears and i am finished with entering my login password and hit the enter button then the buffering starts and it holds fr some or seconds and then welcome screen is disappearing and instead of desktop A BLACK SCREEN WITH ONLY CURSOR SYMBOL is being displayed on the screen the cursor is moving if mouse is moved but nothing more the black screen is holding fr few seconds or may be then the desktop is appearing with taskbar icons wallpapers and clock gadget I have restarted my pc twice and also tightened the cables connecting graphics card monitor and hard disks to fix any scope of loose connection but it didn't serve my purpose If u guyzz plzz help me and suggest me some tweaks or solutions then it will be of much help for me Thanks in Advance

A:Windows booting up to black screen with a cursor only

Mac some system specs please mate
System Info - See Your System Specs

If you can get into safe mode (power op and tap F8) run these

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < if you need too try the /f and /r in Option 2

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/331745-windows-booting-up-black-screen-cursor-only.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I recently bought Hanns-G HL274HPB 27" Full HD LED Monitor. I gives an excellent display, unfortunately there are broken white lines on the top left of the screen. I went through all the options on Settings, but I can't find any way to resolve this issue.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/broken-white-line-top-left-monitor-screen-4606403/
Relevancy 69.66%

Please load the following in your IE9:

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<HTML>
<BODY style="background-color: black">
</BODY>
</HTML>

Can you see a 2 pixel thick white line at the bottom?
In IE8 it wasn't there!
Is this something in my settings?

A:IE9 in full screen shows white line at bottom

I've forgot to mention: go full screen (F11) and hide the status bar to see the white line at the bottom of a black screen.

I could not find a way of editing my post...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie9-in-full-screen-shows-white-line-at-bottom-569399.html
Relevancy 69.66%

hi people i have a adven laptop but she i boot it up just goes onto a screen with a flashing dash line in corner of screen

A:flashing white dash line in corner of screen

Go into your BIOS and verify that the hard drive is listed as the first boot device. If it is, it sounds like your mbr is corrupt, or your hard drive is damagedI'm still learning Vista, not quite sure if fixmbr is the same or not. Give yhis a look:http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft...-mbr-vista.htmlhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/173777/flashing-white-dash-line-in-corner-of-screen/
Relevancy 69.23%

I'm trying to boot from the bios into a Windows 8.1 Recovery USB. When it loads it just goes to a black screen with moveable mouse pointer and will sit like that endlessly. However when I boot with an Acronis USB for example everything comes up on screen fine.

Can someone explain why this is happening or what it indicates?, all this is occuring outside of Windows so things like drivers shouldn't be affecting the display.

Thanks

A:Black Screen & Pointer When Booting Windows Recovery USB

Depends on the Recovery USB that you are using.
How did you make/create it?
How do you select it to boot from in the BIOS/UEFI?
Is this this Surface Pro that's in your sig?

If it's the standard Windows USB recovery drive, then you should be able to boot to the System Recovery Options ( Recovery Drive - Create with USB Flash Drive in Windows 8 )
If unable to boot to that, the drive may be corrupted/damaged.
Try it on another system (don't install anything, just see if it boots) in order to see if it works there.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47078-black-screen-pointer-when-booting-windows-recovery-usb.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi Folks I've got an urgent problem I have a relatively new Dell Inspiron with Windows Home Premium bit on it The problems started when I removed Dell's preset quot data quot extended partition D I then extended the C partition where Windows is to the whole drive minus the recovery partition which I labeled as R A quot bootmgr is missing quot error happened until I made the Recovery partition as Active which I thought was very weird in itself But the laptop seemed to boot as normal Then out of the blue I turned it on and once past the Dell splash a black screen with a blinking cursor on the Windows Cursor booting to prevents Black with Screen left corner came I couldn't boot into Advanced Black Screen with Cursor prevents booting to Windows options F or Windows at all I tried using a recovery Windows USB stick that I had and was able to get into System Startup Recovery Black Screen with Cursor prevents booting to Windows but this hasn't worked to fix the problem Messing with the cmd has not helped either However I can still get into Windows if I boot to the USB because it shows quot Windows Recovered quot in the boot menu which happened after a Startup Recovery So Windows itself seems fine its just the boot sector that's messed up I tried using Dell's recovery feature and reinstalled Windows on the C partition but this didn't change anything The problem seems to be the bootmgr is on the R drive not the C drive I need to fix this very quickly so urgent help is much appreciated

A:Black Screen with Cursor prevents booting to Windows

Did you try pressing the F12 Key?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/216567-black-screen-cursor-prevents-booting-windows.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Recently booting XP Black Screen HELP! Home Windows when Edition I've been having some troubles with Windows XP booting Normally I'd use Linux but it's my parents' machine and I'm their tech guy Well this is the first real problem that's stumped me Sometimes when the computer turns on it goes through the regular loading screen with the loading bar and the logo After that the screen goes black and the Num Lock key turns off I didn't know whether to mention that or not I just found HELP! Black Screen when booting Windows XP Home Edition it strange that it's on during the boot screen and turns off in the black screen So I hold the power button for a couple of seconds let it boot again and I try the options in this next HELP! Black Screen when booting Windows XP Home Edition screen which gives me three Safe Mode options a quot Boot XP Normally quot option HELP! Black Screen when booting Windows XP Home Edition and a quot Last known good configuration quot option I alternate between the Normal and Good Config options but sometimes they work and sometimes they don't I have found however that booting into Safe Mode works and right now I'm in Safe Mode with Networking Could anyone please help I need help fast

A:HELP! Black Screen when booting Windows XP Home Edition

Any changes since the problem started occurring that are worth mentioning?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-black-screen-when-booting-windows-xp-home-edition-223875.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a HP Envy that I got about a year ago, recently (yesterday) it has been not booting up. What happens is when I press the power button it loads up and goes past the hp loading screen, but when it gets the the first windows loading screen, it kinda flickers from that to a black screen, also the on screen keyboard will pop up and go down all the time. Really not sure why it is doing this, can't even get on my computer. One last thing, if I wait long enough it will pop up with an error saying "LogonUI.exe - Application Error. The exception Breakpoint. A breakpoint has been reached. (0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x00007FFD23A5C753. Click ok the terminate the program" if I click ok it just start flickering again or just goes to a black screen.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Windows-10-Not-booting-and-Flashing-black-loading-screen/td-p/5803076
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a dell insperation and after having upgraded to windows 10, I came across a few issues. The update when well and windows 10 is working on my laptop, however, I have an issue where I am presented with a black screen when i start my computer. I do see a dell screen and a windows boot screen before it goes black so i know the issue is not a hardware issue, however after the windows boot screen passes (the one with the blueish window icon) the screen goes to black, but it is still on (meaning the monitor is still turned on just not displaying anything). the reason i know that windows installed fine is that external monitors do work, just not my laptop monitor. I have already reinstalled windows 10 and have made sure all my drivers are up to date. Windows 10 is just not reconizing my laptops screen as a usable monitor. Please help. All advice is greatly appreciated

A:Black screen when booting my Laptop after upgrading to windows 10

same problem, (dell inspiron N4050, Intel Graphics 3000) if someone can help!

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/10374-black-screen-when-booting-my-laptop-after-upgrading-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 69.23%

My pc won't load windows 10.. it gives Error code 0xc000000f.. it allows me to go to startup settings, to start in safe mode, in low resolution mode etc..., but anyway it wont log in, it gives an error UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME... So i decided to install a windows 7 with a bootable usb.. and when I boot from usb it loads the installation windows screen, then the windows logo, and then stucks in a black screen with a cursor and no options... I tried burning the windows in a dvd.. same problem.. anyone has some solutions ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/402016-windows-7-installation-gives-black-screen-cursor-when-booting.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 3537 model. It has been giving me a problem on and off. There is white vertical line which comes right in the middle of the screen. I used to press a little lightly on the screen and it used to disappear. But since morning it has been constantly there and troubling me a lot.
Request help asap and thanks a ton in advance.
Regards,
Abhinay

A:INSPIRON 3537 VERTICAL WHITE LINE IN MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN

The only way to permanently solve the problem is to replace the LCD -- if the system is under warranty, contact Dell and they'll do that for you. If it's not, the screen you depends upon whether it's a standard LCD (about $50-100) or a touchscreen (requires the complete assembly;  about $200).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19983739
Relevancy 68.8%

OK first time here might not find my way back but I hope so.

Here goes....kids were playing with gadgets on our computer and when they were finished a two inch vertical line popped up on the left side.It moves back and forth everytime I log in and is sometimes in the middle but mostly on the side. The calender gadget shows up inside this bar.I can not find any instructions to help remove it.
we have Windows XP We use Internet Explorer and firefox...if that helps.

i know very little about computers and the strange decisions they decide to present to me so if you can help I woul dbe eternally grateful!!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/204631/a-white-vetical-line-popped-up-on-the-left-side-of-my-screen/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello everyone I ve had great success with computer problems here in the past and am hoping someone can help me out again I ve read through some of the booting to black screen posts on here and it seems like I need a Windows XP recovery disk which I do not have A little bit of info on my problem I was given a Gateway desktop by booting safe black XP screen, won't mode enter Windows to a friend when it stopped working for her and she bought a new one rather than dealing with it She is not a computer person at all and could only tell me that it stopped Windows XP booting to black screen, won't enter safe mode working no other specifics When I try to boot the computer the Gateway screen comes on for a second or two then it goes Windows XP booting to black screen, won't enter safe mode straight to black screen I ve tried hitting F or F or F but nothing happens My friend says that she doesn t think that the computer came with a recovery disk Windows XP booting to black screen, won't enter safe mode or if it did she doesn t have it any longer Is there anything else I can try or do I have to get my hands on a Windows XP disk I don t think I know anyone who has one so is there anywhere that I could get one online Thanks in advance MR

A:Windows XP booting to black screen, won't enter safe mode

Black screen...black screen with cursor in upper left corner?Black Screen (fixmbr) - http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;314503 The XP Recovery Console can be downloaded as an .iso file and then burned to CD...which, in turn, allows it to be used to access the Recovery Console commands. What's the model number of this desktop? Should be on the case.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274634/windows-xp-booting-to-black-screen-wont-enter-safe-mode/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a laptop ProBook s with Windows that started booting to a black screen and becoming non-responsive some days ago When I boot I see the HP splash screen then the Windows logo loading and then an unresponsive black screen without a cursor The only way I can turn off the computer is by holding the power button Sometimes screen ProBook Windows splash 4720s Windows black after to booting with 10 HP it'll boot to a Windows could not start correctly -screen and I've tried that start-up repair which couldn't solve it I've tried System Restore to the latest point which failed twice and I've tried booting into Safe Mode with Network possibilities and then it froze while trying to enter the password The HP ProBook 4720s with Windows 10 booting to black screen after Windows splash only thing that worked was just booting into Safe Mode the computer worked perfectly fine then I've also tried booting with a HDMI cable connected to a TV to make sure it's not just outputting the video to the wrong place still a black screen though Since the laptop doesn't really support Windows there aren't any drivers for the laptop from the official site for Windows I've downloaded some of the Drivers from here http www driverscape com manufacturers hp laptops-desktops hp-probook- s As far as I know though I think I've only installed the drivers that were necessary to make the webcam and fingerprint scanner work though the latter still doesn't function Do note though that the computer worked fine after installing these drivers it was only after a month or that this suddenly happened Any ideas how to fix this Thanks in advance Update I've started in safe mode and removed the AMD driver I restarted and got the same black screen though now after a minute I got a CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT bluescreen After googling and finding that it might be related to a USB device driver not functioning correctly I viewed the hidden devices and removed the USB drivers of the devices that weren't connected Now I get a MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION I don't really know where to go from here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597826/hp-probook-4720s-with-windows-10-booting-to-black-screen-after-windows-splash/
Relevancy 67.94%

I didn't really know where to post this. I'm new to this forum and I got a problem with my very old and bad PC.

Specs: (don't laugh)
Motherboard: Leonite-GL8E / ASUS P5LP-LE / leonite 5.00
CPU: Intel Pentium D 915 2.8GHz
RAM: 4GB
GRAPHIC CARD: Idk how to check this without turning the pc as it doesn't load the windows?

Issue:
Whenever I turn my PC white stripes appear on the screen while booting and loading windows then they change to blue. I had Windows 7 Ultimete x64 and a blue screen appeared all the time while loading the system and said something about graphic card. I then done a format to Windows XP as it didn't even let me instal new any Windows 7 system and the XP worked fine but the stripe were still there although only while booting.

There's few pictures how it looks. Please help.

A:White stripes on the screen while booting then blue screen.

Either power supply can't deliver enough power for graphics card or graphics card is dying but this white stripes indicate that it's probably second one.

Well you can check graphics card model by looking at it-you may recognize it;or there is a sticker on the graphics card from which you could read it's model.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/378193-white-stripes-screen-while-booting-then-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I'm experiencing an issue I've been reading on here all of the black with folder, into booting cursor Windows.old 7 screen Windows solutions thus far haven't worked for me yet though My computer is booting up and after getting past the login screen it will boot to a black screen with the cursor Ctl Alt Windows 7 booting into Windows.old folder, black screen with cursor Del will let me bring up the task manager and I can run explorer from there but no programs or the like are available to run or anything of the sort I know how I got here I accidentally set my secondary hard drive blank drive just sort of for overflow once needed as the Primary Drive Upon booting I was given Windows 7 booting into Windows.old folder, black screen with cursor the BOOTMANAGER is damaged screen and went through getting that all taken care of resetting the MBR and such via the Repair Recovery Console on the Install disc That brings me to where I am now logging in to a black screen with only the cursor Upon booting into safe mode I noticed that it was loading all my info from my quot Windows old quot folder from when I upgraded to Win I assume that when I set my OS for the recovery console it used the OS found in Windows old as opposed to the one I had been using before I'm currently stuck trying to get this thing fixed any way possible I assume I can install a fresh install of Windows Ultimate on my secondary hard drive and troubleshoot from there or just use that as my boot drive but if I can avoid that I would like to Any help is appreciated thank you

A:Windows 7 booting into Windows.old folder, black screen with cursor

Hi rrrrramos, and welcome!

when you boot up your machine, you can press a F key (typically F12, but consult your motherboard manual to be sure) to bring up the menu where you can choose the device from which the system should be loaded. This way you can avoid the bootloader on your blank drive. If this works, then you can further troubleshoot from within Windows.

If this does not work, then I would suggest disconnecting the blank drive altogether after which you can run the repair install on your system.

Also, you can use Partition Magic (just make a bootable disk with it on someone elses computer) to change properties of your drives.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/228502-windows-7-booting-into-windows-old-folder-black-screen-cursor.html
Relevancy 67.94%

So I've recently moved, all was fine yesterday and the computer works extremely well, being 1800 gaming computer I've had for 3 years I've made it and it's never ever gone wrong until now?.

I switched on the computer and it does it thing, loading up a windows 10 icon with the spinning circles and then a black screen and a windows 7 startup sound plays in the background, not long after the computer beeps and resets.

Randomly it will welcome me with a keyboard layout and to my surprise I cannot click or chooses any keyboard layout.

I've done everything I could ever think of. I've even removed the CMOS battery, removed graphics card. SSD I have checked. no clue what else to do HELP HELP HELP I need to complete some essential work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-booting-into-windows-7-noise-and-black-screen-loopi.1166390/
Relevancy 67.51%

Computer boots up with white screen Please help I m sure this is a virus I was STUPID and accidentally installed something Here s the story I was trying to watch a video not on youtube I ended up on Booting? WHITE Problem SCREEN when quot megavidmovie com quot or something like that I hadn t read it WHITE SCREEN Problem when Booting? thoroughly and thought it was MegaVideo I clicked on play and it opened another window where it said I needed a plugin Like an idiot I clicked on it of course It started downloading quot xvid quot but it OBVIOUSLY wasn t XVid It also said to install these other add-on things I REALIZED IT WAS A SCAM The entire webpage was basically a photo Uhg I opened task manager and closed the installation which I didn t even know had started I pretty much knew it already installed some stuff on my computer and went on to Malwarebytes to do a scan EXCEPT Malwarebyes needed an update So I got the update Which you need to restart at the end to use it I clicked restart later and continued using my computer normally for a while It worked totally fine After a while I was worried and decided it was time to restart and scan I closed everything I had open and chose Restart When I did though it said something was still running and prevented it from shutting down I don t know if that was because of the virus or because I clicked restart twice or something Anyways it just shut down and then booted backup It DID show me the log-in screen I logged into my account BUT it never showed ANY of my desktop WHITE SCREEN I even waited a while and restarted I can t run my anti-virus because it won t let me do anything I have been trying to find something to help I saw something about how running in quot safe-mode quot might let you load your desktop I m sorry but I don t really know anything about safe-mode If I use it would it let me run my anti-virus What if it doesn t even find any viruses I saw that problem too I can t get a new computer or spend money on this But I REALLY need help This is so depressing So pleaseee How can I solve this I already had a big virus problem THANKS so much

A:WHITE SCREEN Problem when Booting?

Hi,

You are probably best advised to post this in the Malware Removal Forum.
The security experts there will be able to advise you.

As for Safe Mode:
Switch on and constantly tap F8 about once per second.
You will get a list of options - Safe Mode is one of them.
If it does boot up the graphics will look a little odd due to minimal drivers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435238/white-screen-problem-when-booting/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,

I just replaced my LCD screen. Now when I'm booting it up, all I get is a white screen. I have an external moniter connected with an HDMI cord, but that moitor is not reading anything also. Any idea what's going on? In case it's important, before replacing the screen, I did see a blue screen pop up. I completely shut down the laptop when that happened, then replaced the screen.

Thanks for your help!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/white-screen-on-toshiba-laptop-while-booting-up-414332.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I m not sure if this is one virus or if my computer has somehow picked up several but it is pretty much completely screwed I can t access ANYTHING properly so i am posting this message from another computer This is what happens when I turn my computer on blank blue screen with program error message quot explorer exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows quot if i click quot ok quot the message goes away and i am left with a blank blue screen and i have to reboot the computer if i don t click ok windows starts to load up an error screen, explorer.exe white about:blank screen, black looks normal at first but then another error message pops up the same one and the screen turns black and says some junk like quot Warning You re in danger quot and then some junk about spyware then a few seconds later another error message pops up and the screen turns white and says quot Active Desktop Recovery Microsoft Windows has experienced and unexpected error quot It gives me an option to quot click here to restore quot but nothing happens when i do click it and then another error message pops up and explorer.exe error black screen, white screen, about:blank the screen goes black again then another message and it goes white and so on I can t really open any programs properly because another error message will pop up and shut down the start menu before i get a chance to open anything I managed to run ad-aware and it found some problems that i cleaned up then spybot found nothing then i explorer.exe error black screen, white screen, about:blank rebooted explorer.exe error black screen, white screen, about:blank and was having the same problem so i rebooted in safe mode and scanned for spyware again and found nothing I somehow managed to run hijackthis and print the log so now i guess i ll have to type it up i might do some abbreviations Running processes c WINNT system smss exe but system is with a capital S csrss exe winlogon exe services exe lsass exe svchost exe spoolsv exe svchost exe but system is with a capital S regsvc exe MSTask exe tcpsvcs exe but system is with a capital S zonelabs vsmon exe WBEM WinMgmt exe but system is with a capital S MsPMSPSv exe svchost exe internat exe wuauclt exe C Program Files Telstra Signup tbpt exe Telstra Cable Login bpcable exe Quicktime qttask exe Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe iTunes iTunesHelper exe Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe iPod bin iPodService exe Sony Corporation Image Transfer SonyTray exe C winnt msmsgnce exe nvsvws exe C WINNT explorer exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blank okay this is killing me i am going to leave out stuff that i know is ok O - BHO no name - DEA E - ED- - - DC BEC F - C WINNT openwin dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO sr - F A- D - c - C-B CF A - C WINNT msmsgnc dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run Disc Detector C Program Files Creative ShareDLL CtNotify exe O - HKLM Run loader C WINNT loader exe O - HKLM RunOnce Srv spool service C WINNT System spoolsrv exe O - HKCU Run cmsound c winnt msmsgnce exe O - HKCU Run winltmpv c winnt nvsvwc exe O - HKCU RunOnce Srv spool service C WINNT System spoolsrv exe O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Cl... Read more

A:explorer.exe error black screen, white screen, about:blank

Yes, you've got a few malware entries in there (a CoolWebSearch hijack, and a couple of trojans), though it's not going to be easy to remedy without seeing the complete HJT log. Can you possibly copy the log to floppy and then post it from the other computer?

What's the Windows OS?
eg. Is it Windows 2000 sp4? Or is it WinXP Pro sp2?

What version of HijackThis is it? v1.99.1 is the latest version.
Is HijackThis.exe running from a permanent folder, and not from within a zip file in a Temp folder?
This is important. Make sure HijackThis.exe is installed in eg.
C:\Program Files\HijackThis
Re: your questions at the end of your post:
Don't worry about WINNT / winnt and System32 / system32
They are both exactly the same (whether smallcase or uppercase or a mixture).
svchost.exe is legitimate and is an integral part of Windows NT/2k/XP (Services Host).
It is normal to have multiple instances of it running.

http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_download.html
http://cwshredder.net/bin/CWShredder.exe
AboutBuster
http://www.besttechie.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1488 (tutorial)
http://www.downloads.subratam.org/AboutBuster.zip

You will need to unzip AboutBuster.zip to a folder on the good pc,
then open AboutBuster.exe
click the Update button
download the updates
then copy the entire AboutBuster folder over to the infected pc.
Download the attached cleanup.zip file.
The zip contains a .bat and a .reg file.
Unzip them and copy the .bat and .reg file over to the infected pc.
Make a copy of them on the desktop and in My Documents.
You could also run them both directly from a floppy.
However, don't run either just yet.
I will tell you what they do and when to use them later in the instructions below.

Boot into Safe Mode

Close all windows.

Run HJT scan again

Place a checkmark next to the following entries only
and click "Fix checked":

R1- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant= about:NavigationFailure

R0- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP= about:blank

R1- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP= about:blank

O2- BHO: (no name) - {4DEA7E54-68ED-4281-9087-5DC1BEC976F0} - C:\WINNT\openwin.dll

O2- BHO: sr - {5742F79A-1D91-42c4-990C-B46CF55A6478} - C:\\WINNT\msmsgnc.dll

O4 - HKLM\...\Run: [loader32] C:\WINNT\loader.exe

O4 - HKLM\...\RunOnce: [Srv32 spool service] C:\WINNT\System32\spoolsrv32.exe

O4 - HKCU\...\Run:[cmsound] c:\winnt\msmsgnce.exe

O4 - HKCU\...\Run:[winltmpv] c:\winnt\nvsvwc.exe

O4 - HKCU\...\RunOnce: [Srv32 spool service] C:\WINNT\System32\spoolsrv32.exe

017- HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\ {FCFFAD89-8D48-49EC-BA2D-4703CF71009D}: NameServer= 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37

017- HKLM\System\CS1\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer= 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37

017- HKLM\System\CS2\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer= 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37

017- HKLM\System\CCS\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer= 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37

O18- Filter: text/html- {D64FC72D-0FFE-467-A70E-E7C0C325733C} - C:\WINNT\openwin.dll

O18- Filter: text/plain- {D64FC72D-0FFE-467-A70E-E7C0C325733C} - C:\WINNT\openwin.dll

Close HJT

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-exe-error-black-screen-white-screen-about-blank.338489/
Relevancy 66.22%

I ve got a system that has recently started exhibiting the following symptoms In the morning when the user powers on the system it is usually turned off when the user leaves the day before the system will go through the POST start to load Windows then display a solid screen 9010 cold AIO Optiplex on booting White when white screen at White screen on Optiplex 9010 AIO when cold booting the point the login user selection screen should appear nbsp Connecting a nd monitor also shows the white screen there as well nbsp The only way we ve been able to get past this is to hold in the White screen on Optiplex 9010 AIO when cold booting power button to hard shut-down then power it back on nbsp However we need to do this multiple times before the white screen goes away nbsp Once it boots White screen on Optiplex 9010 AIO when cold booting properly we can reboot as many times as we want and the problem does not come back nbsp It s only when the system boots in the morning after being off all night OS is Windows Pro -bit CPU is i - w HD integrated graphics BIOS is A Called support no answers other than to update chipset video and BIOS nbsp We updates chipset and video but the BIOS update A will not apply - it runs with no issues system reboots update does not apply and we boot back into Windows with A BIOS nbsp I ll probably post another help request for that But any suggestions on the white screen Cheers Brendan

A:White screen on Optiplex 9010 AIO when cold booting

Is Secure Boot enabled in BIOS setup?
Try disabling it, for both issues...

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19975423
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a brand new HP Pavilion with a touch screen. Out of the box I noticed there was a white speck on the screen which I couldn't wipe off. When I turned the screen on the speck appears to be black. The speck returns to white when the screen is on, but displaying something dark. This seems to me to be strange behavior for a dead pixel, but I don't know anything about the new touch screens.  I found a 'dead pixel test' online, and against red and green backgrounds the speck appeared black, while the test would indicate that it should appear white were it so.  I think that the speck seems to be 'above' the rest of the screen slightly. Does anyone know what this is?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Very-small-area-on-screen-is-white-when-screen-is-off-black/td-p/5671362
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I've been having this problem When I start my computer the whole screen is white for awhile then it turns black There is no windows startup logo or my computer brand logo Then my screen starts flashing and the power button on my monitor blinks and the monitor makes TOK sounds every seconds and then the screen flashes and starts doing that over and over until it decides to make the whole screen white and stay like that Here's what it looks like iframe I tried manually restarting my computer by holding the power button and after a few tries sometimes if I'm lucky screen/ flashing screen white Total Black it will let me login and then everything is fine Today I went through this process and today I tried turning off the monitor when the screen was white Black flashing screen/ Total white screen It restarted and black flashing but made the screen turn white faster I just kept trying turning the monitor off and on again because I didn't know what to do Then I was so lucky the login page for windows came up and I was able to login now everything is normal I can go online and everything without any problems until I shut down my computer and start it up again Then it's back to square one Can anyone help me fix this problem Should I buy a new monitor I've had this one for a few years but my desktop is new It's one year old in days April Thanks in advance

Relevancy 65.79%

howdy folks this is the second time we ve had this problem and i know it s from some kind of malware but i don t know how to find out what spybot s amp d and adaware do not remove it neither does defender neither does symantec corporate last time i ended up formatting my hard drive and starting over but i don t want to do that again here s the problem computer boots up fine windows XP PRO SP loads fine the display is beautiful and all is well until suddenly after a brief moment maybe seconds after windows loads the display suddenly switches to black and white except the icons are still in color but they act funky if you hover over them or click on them i just read in another post about the quot hack this quot analyzer i will try downloading it tonight and post the log here afterwards in the mean time i was wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior and might already know the fix thanks debi ubernosky email protected nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Hello,

I am new to this site and in need of some assistance. I am running windows 7 home premium. My video card is an ATI Radeon HD560. i was on my computer the other day and noticed that it started to run slow. I restarted it and worked a bit faster. after about another hour of surfing and running different programs the screen went from color to black and white. i have tried to uninstall the video driver and reinstalled (which exagerated my screen icons and indows) but no changes to the color. i saw soe forums where they suggest replacing the video card. but i dont know if that is the issue. I am also using a samsung tv as a monitor. when i change the tv to tv mode i get color. i can also print in color. please help. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Relevancy 65.36%

On a Windows 2000 desktop, all of the shortcuts (have the little arrow in their corners) have grey shortcut boxes with black arrows rather than the white box with black arrows like is normal. The icons themselves are fine, its the Shortcut part that is wrong.

At boot up the Windows logo has a lot of horizontal lines in the image; the Windows 2000 image on the side of the Start menu also has a lot of lines in it.

Spybot removed 32 items which fixed some of the issues (like the covered min/max/close buttons which we had) but not everything. Has anyone seen these issues? Any fix ideas? I'll run HiJack This next time I connect but I'd like a few more options to try before spending time on this issue...

A:W2k: Shortcuts are grey-and-black not white-and-black; Windows logos corrupted

For your shortcuts, try this:

Start>>Run. In Run type "assoc.lnk=lnkfile" (without the quotes), clikc OK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w2k-shortcuts-are-grey-and-black-not-white-and-black-windows-logos-corrupted.670339/
Relevancy 65.36%

I had a small black dot appear on my screen, over time this has got bigger and appears as a line thicker in the middle i dont know how to send a picture I have looked online but nothing looks like my problem.  The line is now a problem and is half way across screen.  My laptop is just over two years old and I had a new screen whilst still under warranty as I had a shadow at the bottom right hand corner.Will I need a new screen or is this something else.Any assistance would be appreciated.                                               

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Black-line-on-screen/td-p/5699729
Relevancy 65.36%

Black line appeard on my laptop screen few days ago. It dissapears some time and appears back. I connected it to a external display its work fine on that. Is it cable or display problem?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Black-line-on-screen/td-p/5717943
Relevancy 65.36%

My specs OS Windows Ultimate -bit booting when lines screen, error normally, on BSOD White 0x00000116 CPU Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Motherboard ASRock Z Pro RAM GB x GB Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX manufactured by SPARKLE All parts are approximately - years old So before things went downhill I had already had a few crashes when playing CS GO where White lines on screen, BSOD when booting normally, error 0x00000116 the screen would go completely black with a bunch of white squares then freeze requiring a reboot This was a few days ago Yesterday it happened again but now things are worse as there White lines on screen, BSOD when booting normally, error 0x00000116 are now white horizontal lines filling the screen as soon as I start up the computer seems similar to what White lines on screen, BSOD when booting normally, error 0x00000116 happened in this thread except the lines are horizontal and not blue Anyway my computer won't get past the windows logo when booting up normally getting a BSOD with the error x and saying something about the graphics card trying to recover something and timing out When running in safe mode which I am currently doing it boots up but the white lines are still there I have the latest drivers for my GPU installed and I've tried cleaning the PCI slot from dust as well as switching slots none of which helped Is my graphics card dying or is there something else going on System info and such is attached edit reinstalled graphics drivers once more using the Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall this time and updated system dump Also noted that when I restarted computer after uninstalling GPU drivers but before reinstalling them I could start up normally without a BSOD although the white lines were still present Also for some reason when starting in safe mode now the white lines disappear but instead the coloring is all messed up looking a bit like Win

A:White lines on screen, BSOD when booting normally, error 0x00000116

That looks like your GPU could be on it's way out.
The easiest way to test is to plug your monitor into the onboard graphics (provided your board has onboard).
If everything is okay when plugged into onboard then it's your GPU that's faulty and probably needs replacing I'm afraid.
Try the onboard test and see if everything works okay.
If it's still the same then it could be your monitor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378670-white-lines-screen-bsod-when-booting-normally-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello dear sevenforums community,

i have an problem with booting up my pc.
If i start the pc the normal things will show up,
but if i get to the PXE booting there will be everywhere white triangles, and all letters are diffent like
B=A or F=E .

if i boot it just normal, it loads a bit of windows and then the harddisk just stops loading windows, after a few seconds i'm getting BSOD with code 0x101 (Clock-Interrupt).

Hardware-> Look at my profile

SF DIAG:Attachment 290380

Screen of white Triangles:
Attachment 290381

Screen of BSOD after hanging at Bootlogo:
Attachment 290384

EDIT: Running PC with safemode is working but not when i start normal!

hope you can help me

greetz paddif

A:BSOD while Booting, error 0x00000101, white triangles on the screen

cmon guys no one can help me???

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/308780-bsod-while-booting-error-0x00000101-white-triangles-screen.html