Windows Support Forum

Blue screen... laptop continually doesn't load

Q: Blue screen... laptop continually doesn't load

Hi I m new here and would really appreciate any help Basically I got that fake anti-virus on my laptop but have had this happen before so it was no big deal as I have managed to get rid of it before Yet this time when I started in safe mode and attempted to run spybot search and destory my laptop restarted itself and I can now no longer use my laptop Even safe mode does not work The only way that works is by pressing F as it loads up and choosing windows domain controller or something I ve ran several load laptop Blue doesn't continually screen... malware deleting softwares such as SuperAntispyware amp Malwarebytes in this mode but still I cannot get my laptop to work in safe mode or normal mode I am continually confronted by a blue screen and the following message COLOR Blue A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Blue screen... laptop continually doesn't load Check to be sure you have adequate disk space If a driver is identified in the Stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates Try chaging video adapters Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x E xC x A AB xBA B xBA COLOR Any help would be greatly appreciated Please simplify as much as possible nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Blue screen... laptop continually doesn't load

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Blue screen... laptop continually doesn't load

Btw my laptop is a Sony Vaio VGN-CR11S
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all Hopefully I have posted in the right area My laptop which is around years old now it s an Acer Aspire - with Windows recently updated in the background On screen pop up was displayed stating a restart was needed I selected the restart now option but since then my laptop has not started properly at all The boot will begin and I will then displayed 7 screen blue doesn't is - c000007b Windows load STOP: be displayed the following blue screen STOP c b bad image Exception Processing Message c b Parameters d f I do see slightly different errors on the blue screen different error codes after the c b one at the times but the laptop never boots successfully I have followed the Windows startup repair tool which unfortunately didn t resolve the issue I am able to boot in safe made where I tried to uninstall the recent update but this did not resolve the issue Also System Restore on my laptop seems to be disabled so I am not able Windows 7 doesn't load - STOP: c000007b blue screen is displayed to restore to an earlier point Some laptop details if it helps AMD Athlon X Dual-Core Processor TK- GHz GB RAM GB HD GB free Win - Service pack Is there anything I can do to get my laptop back to working order without reinstalling Windows entirely Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:Windows 7 doesn't load - STOP: c000007b blue screen is displayed

If you can get to your BIOS check to see if your hard drive is listed. if not then more than likely its failed and will have to be replaced. thats the first thing i thought of since what you have tried so far hasnt worked.the fact that the computer is about 7 years old the hard drive might be the culprit.
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi Guys I have just spent hours and hours trying to find XP, HP load URGENT! of death can Blue appears! Screen Laptop info and solution for my problem but I have had no luck whatsoever I hope someone here can help me Ok this is the situation I have got a HP Laptop that is about a year a half old its top of URGENT! HP Laptop can load XP, Blue Screen of death appears! the range I had my laptop in Hibernate mode the other night and URGENT! HP Laptop can load XP, Blue Screen of death appears! the next afternoon I went to turn it back on there was a blank screen for a long time all the lights on the laptop were on but nothing on the screen I turned the laptop off and then back on again and BOOM The blue screen of death The computer starts up with the HP logo and then it URGENT! HP Laptop can load XP, Blue Screen of death appears! pops up a screen saying that a previous attempt to start up had failed and it gave me options to start up in safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with command prompt start with the previous successfull start config and normal start up When i click ANY of these the windows logo pops up for about seconds and then the blue screen which appears for long enough for me to read letters or numbers at a time Then the computer restarts and we go through the whole process again This is what I have done in the hope of fixing it I used my HP retore disks and it loaded disk of and it didnt ask for the other disks which i thought was odd But that made no differeance still the same start up process as explained above The blue screen made mention of chkdsk and i read about some poeple on the net doing a chkdsk and it fixing similar problems So i read that i needed a xp install disk to access the windows recovery console and type r BUT i have a OEM installation so i have NO disks So what i did was i got the XP Pro disk i have from a few years ago that i had on Desktop BUT when it goes into recovery console it can not find any hard drives Ive tried spinrite and it reads all the hard drives in the computer so i know that they are still there I ve tried to find some chkdsk bootable cd s but most are either floppy only or they only for FAT file systems my file system is NTFS I am convinced from the research done that if I can run CHKDSK on the computer then it should fix the file error and then i can at least back up my data and then do a full format and start fresh again But I have to be able to get this computer running I just tried the quot Last Known Good Configuration quot selection and it says that the system config SYSTEM file is missing I would welcome any help as I have exhausted all options that I can see available to me From what I can see the biggest problem is that im running a OEM version of windows But then again the recovery console couldnt find the hard drives so i dont know nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

i downloaded a keylogger and now i get a blue screen and im also unable to load into safe mode i tryied to reinstall windows and that didnt work still got the blue screen,i think its a trojan i dont have a restore cd so im lost at what i can do.i tried everything i can think of the f keys dont work i have a acer aspire 5515

A:laptop wont load in safe mode just get blue screen

What did you use to reinstall your windows?
Relevancy 70.52%

My Sony VAIO runs on Windows XP I feel like my system is loaded with malware or maybe is controlled by a bot net I feel this because I encounter so many problems with it First it takes probably - minutes for everything to load at start-up Second it freezes all the time at least start-up time to Laptop load and continually at takes long freezes once a day or more and I have to just press the power button to turn it off or unplug it My virus program is Avast Recently it has an quot Laptop takes long time to load at start-up and freezes continually X quot over the AVAST icon When I call up Avast it gives a warning that my system is no protected But after several minutes Avast shows that the system is protected so in other words something is turning Avast off during Laptop takes long time to load at start-up and freezes continually the boot start-up cycle maybe to keep it from catching rootkits The whole system runs VERY VERY slowly at all software I may run This may not be related but recently all my Google bookmarks went missing after a boot-up I ran HiJack This but am not sure if I am permitted to post the log here I did not run any fixes because I know it is advised not to do this without guidance from a Bleeping Computer expert I have a copy of cc cleaner but have not run it for samereason I also have a freshly downloaded copy of Malwarebytes I did notice in the HiJack This log that there are several items listing which appear to want to redirect my home page to MSN My Home Page should be usatoday com on both IE and Chrome Sometimes I have been redirected to MSN and I have had to go in to reset my default home page Also infrequently I get redirected to some page that has quot cupcake quot in the name My default search engine should be Google These last issues are pesty but the real problem for me is the very long load time at start-up the long wait time for various software functions to run and the constant freezing of my computer causing me to have to hold down the power button and re-boot to get my system back I previously used Stopzilla and its registry cleaner I forget the name and have been told that these are suspect programs that may have caused registry errors etc Oh also something also turns off many of my Services Every time I start-up I now have to go into Services to restart the service for my printer for instance System tells me I have no printer installed I have to also run REPAIR on Adobe Acrobat Professional in order to use it with each startup I think that s everything Let me know if I can or should post the HiJack This log here or if you would like me to run anything else Thank you so much Mimi

A:Laptop takes long time to load at start-up and freezes continually

To have your log analyzed, Please follow the instructions in ==>Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide<==.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.Most importantly please be patient till you get a reply to your topic.
Relevancy 70.09%

I was performing a chkdsk on a laptop that was having some strange problems The owner shut blue to off Laptop everytime screen Windows chkdsk, tries now load during told me it would take a couple tries before it would boot up He said it would either freeze or show him a quot media disconnected quot message after post But once he got into Windows finally it seemed to be okay My first thought was that the hard drive was going bad I scheduled a chkdsk and rebooted the computer About on the last step something happened and the laptop shut off When I turned it back on I get a BSOD after it begins to load Windows It does this when trying to boot into safe mode as well It reboots immediately after the BSOD so I can read or write down the error I am currently using hard drive recovery software called Spinrite to check the hard drive The hard drive Laptop shut off during chkdsk, now blue screen everytime Windows tries to load seems to be fine What could this problem be Is the controller on the MB going bad nbsp

A:Laptop shut off during chkdsk, now blue screen everytime Windows tries to load
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a HPDV8000 laptop and somehow managed to pick up this Antivirus XP 2008 Trojan Horse at some point. Pop ups about viruses etc were coming up so I used lavasoft's adaware and it seemed to remove it. After a cold boot, the desktop constantly restarts itself, followed by 0X0000008E Blue Screen. If I boot in safe mode with or without network connections, it does the same thing. If it sits at windows login. for any length of time the same blue screen stop codes come up. Is there anything I can do to recover?

A:Xp desktop continually restarts itself, followed by 0X0000008E Blue Screen
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi, ive just updated windows vista it said that it was done and would restart itself however it didnt and now it starts to boot up and then crashes on a blue screen which flashes so quick that i cant see what it says. I've tried to go into safe mode, boot from last configuration point also being through F8 to try this and still crashes on this blue screen. Any help would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 62.35%

it kept doing check disk on start up but got that to stop now it keeps freezing on load wont go any where but if I log on to another admin account on the cmp its fine. Its just when I go into my main admin it refuses to do any thing and I ran registry booster and it gave me tons of errors how do I fix these.

A:freezing on load if it does load it gives me a blue screen

Hello and welcome to the forum.

First if you can I need you to run a full updated scan using you Anti-Virus..

Next if you do not have malwarebytes, then please download it and run a full scan, here is the link and you can download the free version.

When you get the results back please let us know
Relevancy 61.06%

I've never seen this problem before in my life and it has me mortified.

My Sony VAIO starts. It's plugged in normally. The power lights flash, it checks the CD-RW drive, and then remains on with the main power light on and the fan on, but the screen remains black and nothing else happens. Windows XP doesn't load. No Sony logo, no "Operating system not found," nothing. It's like it's had a lobotomy.

I haven't installed anything new, and the notebook has just been sitting around unplugged for a few days. The last thing I used it for was to burn a CD with Windows Media Player. The only change I can think of is that my USB tablet isn't plugged in.

Any suggestions? Thanks, everybody.

A:Solved: XP VAIO laptop starts, Windows doesn't, screen doesn't seem to.

If it has a battery installed, try removing that. Then with the laptop power plug UNplugged press and hold the power button for a second or two.

Then plug the power adapter back in WITHOUT replacing the battery and see if you can get a normal start.
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a dell inspiron n it has the following specs years since purchse core i GB b of RAM nvidia gt graphics card gb dedicated Windows bit GB HDD The laptop was or screen booting turn beeps no doesn't on, Laptop boot, sounds doesn't are heard error working fine yesterday and when i went to sleep i properly turned it off without any errors occurring Today when i turned it on - -the power button turns on -the three support buttons on the top Laptop doesn't boot, screen doesn't turn on, no error beeps or booting sounds are heard right corner of the laptop flash -i can see battery and power notification lights but the hard drive light doesn t blink or turn on -i can hear and in fact glimpse the fan working -the screen shows nothing it isn t a black screen because that would imply that the screen still turns on but the screen remains off nbsp -I hear no error beeps or any kind of booting sounds -I should also probably mention that recently the AC adapter of the laptop wasn t working properly and i had part of its main connecting wires replaced while keeping the circuit board or main work board intact and it worked fine after that but i am guessing the repair may have something to do with this new issue I have tried the hard reset or flea power method hoping it would solve the problem but it hasn t work even after multiple attempts The laptop is no longer under warranty and if the issue is dire and i suspect it is i would have to send the computer to a dell support nbsp and repair center and i have nbsp heard maintenance and repair costs may be as much as the laptop s price depending on the nature of the fault nbsp But at this moment i have no idea what the fault is nbsp Please suggest any faults that may cause such a situation and a suitable course of action for a solution

A:Laptop doesn't boot, screen doesn't turn on, no error beeps or booting sounds are heard

This fixed my problem with my Lenovo. Thanks so much!
Relevancy 60.63%

Computer just turned off automatically today and it will not load past the begining load screen with the Alien Head load screen where you can press f2 and enter setup or f12 to boot options. I cannot load safe mode or remove the battery as it does not have any place to access it.
Windows 7. Alienware m14x.

A:Alienware Laptop wont load past Alien Head Load Screen

Any fans running, any post beeps? Your laptop does not have a CMOS battery. Try removing the chargeable battery and power adapter. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Plug in just the power adapter and try powering up the machine again.
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello So I m trying to fix my mothers computer here but I can t figure out the problem It s a quite old laptop about years old It s running Windows bit got GB of ram and a AMD Sempron tm SI- GHz processor I ve read around the internet and the closest I came describing my programs doesn't load Laptop any problem was this thread The windows menu works fine though I can t access any programs nor click on any of the URL s in there not even the quot shutdown quot button Launching programs from the taskbar shortcuts just give Laptop doesn't load any programs a little white outline like it is loading Laptop doesn't load any programs before it disappear seconds later The UAC doesn t work neither I tried what lunarlander suggested booting the safe mode though this won t load either It stopped on quot ATIPCIe sys quot and I m not certain if all the files were loaded or if it just got stuck there It won t load though which is the important part I haven t tried reinstalling it after this however it has been reinstalled twice by my mother due to having the same problem times before Does anyone know if I can fix this or should I just let her go ahead and buy a new PC She wants a new but if she can save the money she don t want too If you need any more information I will try to give that if I can but remember I can t access all the areas on the PC Also if no action is taken the computer freezes with a black screen when it goes too screensaver and nothing can be done except using the power button Thanks in advance Jonas nbsp
Relevancy 60.2%

Laptop is a Samsung R510 running Vista.
When it is switched on, it gets stuck on the Samsung BIOS load screen. The F2 (Setup) and F4 (Recovery) buttons don't work unless they are pressed straight away. But when they are pressed it says 'Please Wait', but nothing happens.
I have changed the CMOS battery, but it hasn't helped.

I have also taken the hard drive out and turned it on, still the same.  Each RAM stick has been tried on its own, and it is still the same.
Can anyone help?

A:Laptop Stuck On BIOS Load Screen/Won't Load Vista

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode?
Start tapping the F8 key immediately after pressing the power button.
Relevancy 60.2%

So this morning I turned on my computer and it didn't load the log in screen but it wasn't froze because I could still move the mouse, it was just a black screen. I restarted went in safe mode and did a system restore, maybe I had some bad update. It is still doing this so I'm not sure what to do next.

A:doesn't load login screen

my laptop is an asus g60jx with win 7 iv had it about 3-4 months I blieve
Relevancy 59.77%

After I enter my password for Windows the screen goes black I've tried everything I load doesn't on the Laptop HP Stream Windows could find on the forums to resolve this problem with no success Here are some of the things I did nbsp Turned the power button off holding it down for seconds Immediately after powering it up I pressed the F button repeatedly I got a Recovery message Windows doesn't load on the HP Stream Laptop on a light blue screen It said the Windows doesn't load on the HP Stream Laptop following between the stars lines nbsp nbsp Your PC needs to be Windows doesn't load on the HP Stream Laptop repaired nbsp A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed nbsp Eror code xc nbsp You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media like a DIsc or USB device nbsp If you don't have these contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer nbsp nbsp Press ENTER to try againPress F for Startup SettingsPress Esc for UEFI Firmware settings nbsp nbsp I am my own system administrator I did everything with no success I contacted HP The total cost for a year of unlimited support was paid with an initial fee of and a monthly fee of Early cancellation was A one time support fee was nbsp None of these appealed to me as the laptop cost me new It would be cheaper to throw this away and get a new one nbsp Can someone tell me if there is an alternative process to solve my problem If not I will ditch this computer and pay more for a refurbished Mac I am sending this report using nbsp my trusty circa MacBook Pro nbsp nbsp

A:Windows doesn't load on the HP Stream Laptop

Hi, if you did not create a recovery USB, you can order one from HP.  This is Windows 8.1 not Windows 10?  You might also try booting into safe mode described here.
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi everyone This is my first post here and I m glad to have found this forum with so many helpful people I am typing this from my iPhone since I m having troubles with my laptop so sorry in advance for bad typing So recently my gpu failed load even doesn't bios anymore Laptop GTX M and I ordered a replacement After I replaced the faulty card the laptop was running beautifully for days Today while playing call of duty the game crashed with A directx error Thinking it was just a random thing I restarted the laptop And it wouldn t boot up anymore Not even the Dell splash screen appears anymore Shocked I disassmbled the whole laptop and put it back together After this the Dell splash screen appeared again only once though Now I m Laptop doesn't even load bios anymore back at a black screen with nothing loading at all I am super frustrated right now and have no idea what itmight be Hope someone can help max nbsp

A:Laptop doesn't even load bios anymore

Does the laptop have integrated graphics?

If so remove the graphics card and see if you get the splash screen.

Odds are it has something to do with the new card.

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi allMy laptop turns on and the hp logo comes on but then windows doesn't boot up. I've done a hard reset with no luck and I ran the F2 menu Diagnostic, it came back showing a fail on the hard drive short DST check. Failure is number is Q4Q1X3-7T8880-XD7WLK-6OUC03Thanks!!

A:Laptop boots up but windows doesn't load

Hi @Lauren80, welcome to the HP Forums!  I see you have determined the hard drive is no longer functional. As this is not something I can help you to simply fix, I can suggest you replace the hard drive to resolve the issue.  I'd recommend calling in to speak with a phone agent as they can look up your product and may be able to help you to setup an replacement.  What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:Step 1. Open link: 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detectStep 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.I hope this helps.
Relevancy 59.77%

The screen does not load at all and jumps straight into "Boot Menu" and "App Menu". I am not shure if it has anything to do with it, but it says in the Diagnostic Splash that the BIOS and the Video are shadowed.

A:Why doesn't Windows 10 load at all on my Lenovo laptop

According to Lenovo's Windows 10 Upgrade website, the IdeaPad U410 is not supported (it doesn't appear in the supported models list here): you can see, the S410 is supported but the U410 isn't listed.If you scroll up to the top of the page (or press the 'Home' key) you'll see this:"Date: Oct 02, 2015""Lenovo supported systems list for Windows 10 Upgrade.If your system is not listed, it hasn?t been tested for Windows 10 upgrade and is not supported"That may account for your problem.With laptops especially, you are supposed to check the manufacturer's website before you upgrade it to Windows 10.message edited by phil22
Relevancy 59.34%

I have win7 home premium. This morning I woke up to a comp that was unresponsive, so I did a restart and after the windows screen I got a black screen with a fully working mouse but that's it. I am unable to access start menu or curl alt delete. I have tried to start in safe mode but the same thing happens, black screen wih a mouse that works but nothing else shows up. At this point I don't have a clue what I can even do since I can't get even access safe mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Desktop doesn't load just a black screen

Boot the Win7 DVD Repair console or Repair CD, accept any offered Repair. If none offered or it fails to start afterwards, then boot back in to Recovery Options to run Startup Repair up to 3 separate times with reboots.
Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times
System Repair Disc - Create

Make sure Win7 partiiton or it's 100mb System Reserved boot partition (preferred) is still marked Active, then run the Repairs again. Partition - Mark as Active

Try running a free bootable AV CD scan: FREE Bootable AntiVirus Rescue CDs Download List

If it won't repair, post back exactly what results from each test. Copy out your files if needed:

You may need to run Factory Recovery partition or disks, or wipe the HD of infected or corrupt code to re-install windows 7
Relevancy 59.34%

So It all started a couple days ago when I load XP past login screen doesn't went to play Command amp Conquer online with a friend The game wanted to install a patch before I could play so I went for it The patch installed the XP doesn't load past login screen game restarted and a SecuROM error popped up I uninstalled the game and tried it all again Same thing I couldn't load the game at ALL Command and Conquer is currently my addiction so I contacted SecuROM and EA XP doesn't load past login screen Games tech support I was told by SecuROM the following quot Thank you for your email We are sorry you are having launch issues We suspect you are receiving this error message as a result of the use of an emulation program that tampers registry keys To fix your registry entries please follow the instructions below Note These tampered entries have NOT been caused by SecuROM Please also note you should only delete duplicate entries and not any others SecuROM is not liable for any problems caused by using these instructions We provide them only as a service and to assist with repairing the launch issue Please open the registry editor Start- gt Run- gt regedit and move to the HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM MountedDevices area by clicking on this folder you will see all the entries on the right side Look at the entries with an alpha designation ie DosDevices Letter Here You should see one of entries with letters with duplicate entries If you delete the duplicate entry right mouse click and choose 'Delete' from the choices you should be able to exit RegEdit and launch your program If the problem persists please delete all REG BINARY entries in this folder only blue ones on the right side Reboot your computer immediately the entries will be re-established and the game should start quot I didn't see any duplicates in the registry so I deleted all of them in that folder as instructed in the last paragraph even though it contradicts the third paragraph lol I have a lot of drives attached to my computer so I actually have up to I where I is my Windows installation Local Disc I think maybe they mistook my real drives for a so called 'emulation' program I do own PowerISO and Daemontools but I haven't used them in forever They don't startup w my computer or anything I used them for keeping and burning Linux iso's btw So anyway I restarted my computer immediately after deleting the registry entries in the aforementioned folder but windows never loaded back up It sat at the splash screen for hours lol I went to work and when I came home it was still sitting there I tried Safe Mode Also tried using the Last working configuration or whatever it's called Neither of those loaded Sat at the same splash screen doing absolutely nothing CONVENIENTLY -cough- my system did not come with a FLOPPY DRIVE wtg What good is DOS without a Disk rofl I dug up my XP Pro CD to attempt to Repair my XP installation BUT for some reason I can't get my computer to boot from CD It loads the screen that says Start computer with CD-ROM Support etc etc Which of course I select It loads all of the crap Says I don't have a Valid FAT partition on C duh My hdd isn't C it's I and it's NTFS And comes to the A prompt I type D CD I WINNT exe it loads up a blue screen and says to specify where my Windows installation is I type I Windows but it doesn't see my I at all I tried a bunch of other letters and nothing is working I don't know what to do My setup Ghz Pentium D GB Ram GB Maxtor HDD SATA I disconnected the gb USB external hdd LightScribe DVDRW CDRW DVD-Rom -in- Media thing don't remember the motherboard or whatever else I don't know I'm tired LOL ALL BECAUSE I WANTED TO PLAY COMMAND amp CONQUER - - What do I do I'm thinking about buying Vista and just upgrading it hoping that it'll solve this and I'll be able to browse my files Think it'll work Any suggestions Sorry this is so long

A:XP doesn't load past login screen

Hi sho0 and welcome to TSF !

Well if you can borrow a floppy drive from a friend, you may have to load the motherboard sata drivers at the beginning of XP install so that it can see your drive. Should be a message telling you to press F6 to load sata/raid floppy.

Check in the bios that your sata drive is seen correctly. Refer to your motherboard manual to determine which sata plug is the sata 1 and plug your hard drive there if it isn't already.

If you ever manage to boot back in windows, uninstall your game, uninstall all CD/DVD emulation software you can have : clonecd, daemon tools, alcohol, ... following the complete removal instructions from their website (sometimes they leave some drivers behind). Then reboot and try reinstalling C&C. Recent games protections are very intrusive and can cause conflicts with those other programs. Even if daemon tools is not running at the moment, its emulated CD/DVD device is installed on your computer.

Next time you decide to delete a bunch of things in your registry without knowing what it is, make sure you have a backup solution first. Once you'll get this computer back to live be sure to check those links :
Any of these would have saved your butt today

And next time you install XP, make sure the system partition gets the c: volume letter. Unplug all other drives during the install if needed, leaving only your hard drive and the CD drive. This should solve possible drive letter issues with some softwares.
Relevancy 59.34%

Hoping someone can help...when I turn on computer it goes to a screen which appears when the computer is shut off incorrectly...that screen gives me choices....

Safe mode
Safe mode with networking
Safe mode with command prompt

Last known good configuration

Start windows normally....

None of these seem to just tries to me the windows logo screen, hp invent logo screen ....then back to the same screen I started with...with all the different choices...

I have an old hp pavilion with windows xp....

What do I do to repair this problem? PLEASE HELP!

A:HELP! Computer doesn't load windows screen

Any issues prior to the problem at hand? Did you try running a hard drive diagnostic test by connecting it to another working PC?
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a 2 month old Dell Inspiron 660 running Windows 8.1.that came with windows 8 installed but I upgraded to 8.1 off the internet. Everything worked okay until I did a scan and cleaning with ccleaner. Pretty soon startup was very slow going from the Dell screen to the lock screen to the password screen to the windows welcome screen but windows would eventually load. Now the startup only goes to the welcome screen. That little circle of dots starts spinning and keeps on spinning but Windows never loads. Did I erase some registry files when I cleaned it? I got on Microsoft's live chat support who said they could fix it for 99 bucks but I don't have a dollar much less 99. Does anybody know how I could fix this for free myself?

I also wanted to know how load Dos from win 8.1 and how to boot win 8.1 in safe mode.

Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks y'all!

A:Windows 8.1 doesn't load past the welcome screen.

Hi Breedlove, Welcome to Eight forums.

Found a link for you. Step By Step How to Solve Windows 8.1 and 8 Black Screen Issue upon boot | Virtualization blog

In short, you have to go to Safe mode and disable the graphic card and monitors and then reboot. If this resolves, fine. Else, update the drivers for your graphic card.
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi Windows welcome load Win7 past doesn't screen. x64 all of a sudden stopped working it would freeze when explorer started and i would have to do a hard shutoff It now doesn't get past the welcome screen I have tried startup repair and used MS Dart Disk and it found no problems with the windows install I Win7 x64 doesn't load past welcome screen. checked my hard drive with multiple tests and it turned out fine Can boot into safe mode with networking just fine But cannot boot into windows Even after a fresh install it Win7 x64 doesn't load past welcome screen. worked for a while lt hour then does the same thing I am assuming it was updates because I did a system restore to before the updates and turned updates off and it worked correctly I just finished installing some programs Avast Security Essentials Foobar Chrome And the same issue happened I once again used the system restore feature and it is working Any ideas as to what may be causing the problem Windows hotfix updates Drivers Thanks

A:Win7 x64 doesn't load past welcome screen.

For starters you should not run Avast and MSE together. The earlier news that they might run together were later withdrawn.

Next I would disable all startup programs that are not absolutely needed - and that are probably all except the AV program.
Relevancy 59.34%

i have an old hp g60! i have about 1000 pictures on there i would like to get to my new hp pavillion dv5. i need to know why the screen blinks like that. i have tried starting in safe mode and it still blinks and doesnt some one help me before i have to spend a ton of money to get it fixed or for them to tell me they cant fix it?? PLEAse help!

A:HP G60 Sceen Blinks at welcome screen and doesn't load

What is the make and model and version of Windows does the other machine that has the blinking problem?
Relevancy 58.91%

I ve been passed a laptop to sort out which was full of malware Windows running slowly and occasionally crashing the usual state of a machine used by someone clueless and apathetic about computer security I was told I could just reformat it as he doesn t on this 7 doesn't help) Windows Please (factory laptop reset load help! won't want anything off it saving so I tried resetting it to the factory default which seemed to work but when Windows booted up it just stuck in the Windows loading screen black screen with the four colour flag thing I tried safe mode but it also crashes gets stuck whilst loading - the last file it lists in the loading screen is WINDOWS SYSTEM DRIVERS CLASSPNP SYS I retried factory reset with the same results so I tried to install Windows on to the laptop from my Windows DVD in case the factory reset image on the laptop had somehow gotten corrupt but again Windows locks up or goes into an infinite wait state whatever it is and now I can t even access factory reset as the non-working install on the laptop didn t add the option of course I ve tested the physical memory MEMTEST and the hard drive and they both give no errors and I ve reset the BIOS to it s original settings a million to one chance that that Please help! Windows 7 won't load on this laptop (factory reset doesn't help) was the fault but I tried anyway so can anyone suggest anything please The laptop is a Samsung np e a-a uk Windows -bit AMD A M CPU GB RAM nbsp

A:Please help! Windows 7 won't load on this laptop (factory reset doesn't help)
Relevancy 58.91%

I ve hp elitebook 8440p. It is connected to a network but it doesn't browse and says"the remote device or resource won't accept the connection". I checked my Internet connection and it works properly on other devices.
Relevancy 58.91%

This problem has been going on already for about a month as far as I can recall The laptop turns on but the display is totally empty and Windows does not start at all This happens frequently after hibernation sleep What I do usually is I just turn the laptop off and turn it on again and the OS starts successfully but now it takes more than twice and it may be dangerous already to do such The laptop is still under warranty and I have it checked already at the store where I bought it The tech person did a few tweaks in the power settings It did work but after a little less than hrs the problem came back I am working as an architectural intern and most of the programs I use are heavy D drafting and D modeling softwares e g Autocad Sketchup and Lumion as well as Adobe Photoshop I use Sketchup very often Just mentioning this as it may have some bearing to the problem Thank you very much

A:Laptop turns on but doesn't load OS after hibernation/sleep

Hi, Welcome to SF.

I found this post from our member gergrocker. This might help.

Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker

Sleep issues are almost always caused by the display driver so I would start by updating it, or trying another. Driver Install - Device Manager

You can troubleshoot Sleep and Hibernate by setting them to 1 and 2 minutes in Power Options. Use Balanced Plan. Then work through these Sleep Mode Problems - Vista Forums.

If this is still the factory preinstalled WIn7 then that is a corrupt install which causes many of these problems, which is why most tech enthusiasts will not run it but choose to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

At the minimum I'd Clean Up Factory Bloatware

If that doesn't help then work through these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7
Relevancy 58.91%

I was wondering if anyone could help. Windows won't load at all, I just get a bsod flash up. Same thing happens with safe mode. For some reason I can't even system restore or format/reinstall windows from my cd. (after I click install nothing happens just sits at the loading screen)

Any suggestions?
I've attached a photo of the blue screen

A:windows doesn't load l/a bsod flashes on screen

This BSOD will not let you to boot to the desktop, in either mode.

The most typical causes of a stop 0xED is a failing HDD or dome mismatch boot records. If the second one is the issue, then a clean install should be possible, which is not as you said.

Test the HDD using Seatools for DOS. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use ...

Take both the short test and the long test. Let us know the results.
Relevancy 58.48%

TurboTax Itsdeductible continually tries to load and cannot be stopped Cannot delete programs Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Janet Continually To Tries Program Load Snook on - - Computer is in Normal Mode ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore Program Continually Tries To Load --------------------------------------------------------------Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System CheckpointBacked up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Janet Snook exe -----------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan Program Continually Tries To Load saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC Program Continually Tries To Load WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files COMODO Firewall cfp exeC PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC Program Files Copernic Desktop Search CopernicDesktopSearch exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC Program Files COMODO Firewall cmdagent exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exec program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exeC PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MSKSrvr exec progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution Download c b f bdc c de f update update exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC WINDOWS system MsiExec exeE dss exeE Janet Snook exeR - URLSearchHook no name - B -C A - B-B D- E CC FAE - C PROGRA COPERN COPERN DLLO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO McAfee Anti-Phishing Filter - D ED - CFF- - A - EBB AF - c program files mcafee spamkiller mcapfbho dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO GoogleAFE - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c Program Files GoogleAFE GoogleAE dllO - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dllO - Toolbar Copernic Desktop Search - C F A - F - F- C - FF C B - C Program Files Copernic Desktop Search CopernicDesktopSearchIntegration dllO - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exeO - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Techn... Read more

A:Program Continually Tries To Load

Fixed the problem with continually loading turboTax itsdeductible. Still having problems downloading programs and loading them on the system.Here is the DSS fileDeckard's System Scanner v20071014.68Run by Janet Snook on 2008-07-04 17:41:35Computer is in Normal Mode.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HijackThis (run as Janet Snook.exe) -----------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2Scan saved at 5:42:10 PM, on 7/4/2008Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16674)Boot mode: NormalRunning processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exeC:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exeC:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exeC:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exeC:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exeC:\Program Files\COMODO\Firewall\cfp.exeC:\Program Files\\Agent\mcagent.exeC:\Program Files\Copernic Desktop Search\CopernicDesktopSearch.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exeC:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exeC:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exeC:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exeC:\Program Files\COMODO\Firewall\cmdagent.exeC:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exeC:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exeC:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exeC:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exec:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exeC:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKSrvr.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exeE:\dss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exeC:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exeE:\JANETS~1.EXER0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =;dtag=gf6dh91R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {83B79436-C1A7-427B-B40D-689E9CC71FAE} - C:\PROGRA~1\COPERN~1\COPERN~3.DLLO2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dllO2 - BHO: McAfee Anti-Phishing Filter - {41D68ED8-4CFF-4115-88A6-6EBB8AF19000} - c:\program files\mcafee\spamkiller\mcapfbho.dllO2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dllO2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\3.0.1225.9868\swg.dllO2 - BHO: GoogleAFE - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - c:\Program Files\GoogleAFE\GoogleAE.dllO3 - Toolbar: Copernic Desktop Search - {C5F7A735-70F1-477F-8C36-6FF3C736017B} - C:\Program Files\Copernic Desktop Search\CopernicDesktopSearchIntegration977.dllO4... Read more
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I m trying to fix a problem on a co-worker s laptop an HP Pavilion ze When turned on the unit attempts to load XP but fails Then it reboots automatically and trys again This process continues until I power the unit down I was able to load the system recovery discs but continually load, Won't reboots this changed nothing After this I ran fdisk to check on the partitions Found something called quot Hidden C drive quot It appeared to have two partitons on it one Fat Won't load, reboots continually the other NTFS After loading the first system recovery disk there were some option regarding quot hybernating the drive quot I Won't load, reboots continually bypassed that and just went through normal system recovery I Won't load, reboots continually then took out the partitions and re-loaded the system recovery discs again This went through fine but the unit continues as before--reboot after reboot without a successful loading of XP My guess is that the problem might be this quot hidden drive C quot thing As I write this the unit continues to reboot fail to load and re-start continually Anyone with any ideas or suggestions for a fix would be appreciated The owner of the unit got it on Ebay Don t know what he paid for it Don t know if maybe it got damaged during shipping or something but I suspect it was sent to him with this problem Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Won't load, reboots continually

is the unit getting hot and what type of hdd is it ? found out who made the hdd look up a Low level utility for that hdd samsung sung utilty wd wd utility etc. etc. and maybe low level format the drive . this will wipe any and all information on the drive and writes 0's to it so with win xp u goin to have to redo the partions , and low level formatting will erase any hidden drives as well ..
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a Dell Dimension that I customly added a Radeon later on I was just about to open up CounterStrike when my computer froze So I said quot no big deal quot and restarted But then after the windows loading screen I get a blue screen of death with the error message being quot BAD POOL CALLER quot I am able to boot into safe mode Load Blue Screen Window's upon Screen but i don't know what to do from there I tried a system restore from earlier today and it still didn't work My friend told me it could be a driver conflict I tried to uninstall my video card driver then reinstall But while installing I get an error message that I am missing INF files err whatever So really according to my expert knowledge I have Blue Screen upon Window's Load Screen come to the conclusion that my computer is screwed and that I need a new one but I still need to fix it because I cannot afford a new one please help me again tsf

A:Blue Screen upon Window's Load Screen

Are you getting a stop code ex. 0x000000C2 along with the error message? Please give exact error you are receiving. If it boots too quickly, press continuously the pause key as soon as you see POST screen. This actually sounds like a incompatible driver related to your ATI Radeon card. Have a look here
Relevancy 58.05%

This started a few days ago Everything was running fine until then no error or forced shutdown to give any indication of a cause I turn on the computer everything starts up like normal All the fans spin the POST screen displays screen Blank after doesn't Windows POST, Solved: load and runs through like normal Then when it would normally go to the Windows splash screen it now just goes blank Completely Solved: Blank screen after POST, Windows doesn't load black no cursor or progress bar or anything The monitor s backlight stays lit like it s still running normally but Windows just doesn t load Before all this I was getting an occasional restart from what I m guessing was an overheating video card But after I took it out and blew all the dust out of it it worked fine for a couple weeks so I m pretty sure that didn Solved: Blank screen after POST, Windows doesn't load t have anything to do with it Still I d been looking to upgrade my video card for a while so I picked up another and switched it out but it s still having the same issue I m using the Solved: Blank screen after POST, Windows doesn't load same monitor on the backup computer and it s working fine I checked all the connections on the motherboard the back of the case and the monitor I read somewhere to try pushing the quot Caps Lock quot key to see if maybe it s loading and not displaying but it doesn t light up on the keyboard like it does on the other computer at the Windows login screen so I m forced to conclude that for whatever reason Windows just isn t loading Could this be a software issue or am I definitely looking at replacing more hardware And if so any ideas on what might be causing it If it helps at all my setup is Windows XP Home Edition RAIDMAX QUANTUM RX- W Power Supply Seagate Barracuda ST AS GB Hard Drive GIGABYTE GA-MA GP-UD H Motherboard AMD Athlon X Kuma GHz CPU CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR RAM SAPPHIRE Radeon X XT Video Card Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi Guys I need some help here My PC is screwed After reading a bunch of loading screen problems I saw that all of them were problems that occurred after the XP loading screen happens But after around yesterday night Monitor doesn't screen XP before black turns load loading and I got up and used the computer and when I was done I put the computer into standby mode and went back Monitor turns black and doesn't load before XP loading screen to bed A few hours later I woke up and still a bit sleepy I got up turned my computer back on and held the Power Button until it shut down all of which I did not turn on my monitor or move anything I was sleepy Then today when I started my computer the computer booted up as usual and I saw my ASUS loading screen and the the flashing s that happens when my computer loads Monitor turns black and doesn't load before XP loading screen when I start it up But then it just goes blank I tried restarting the computer Monitor turns black and doesn't load before XP loading screen and try again with the power button turn off which just turns off when I press it unlike when my computer is acting normally which takes a few seconds Can anyone help me I just hope my hard drive isn t fried or anything Thanks nbsp

A:Monitor turns black and doesn't load before XP loading screen

Could you explain this again please"?
"turned my computer back on and held the Power Button until it shut down, all of which I did not turn on my monitor or move anything"

Do you mean you pressed the power once then held it for 4 seconds? Do you normally turn your system OFF this way instead of using Start /Shut Down?

Sounds like this is a desktop, recommended practice is to turn the monitor ON then the system, after use, turn the system OFF then the monitor.

Standby, Suspend to RAM and Hibernation where windows is concerned, do not always work and are highly hardware and setup dependant.
Relevancy 58.05%

Ugh hey me again Please help this is driving me crazy About four Windows screen (reinstalling won't doesn't load logon work) days ago I had all my games and applications on my External Mybook connected by USB at a speed of RPM After finding out they could go faster on my internal I switched them over to there but during the process of moving about games simutainously Vista froze and when I booted it back up explorer would freeze everytime it Windows won't load logon screen (reinstalling doesn't work) loaded After this I reinstalled Vista Windows won't load logon screen (reinstalling doesn't work) to grab some of my other stuff to back it up on my external in case the internal had to be formatted Vista seemed to be working okay at this point with the Explorer working fine In the morning I turned on the computer to find that Vista wouldn t boot up It just went blank before showing the loading screen I reinstalled Vista two times and the same thing happened it worked fine and then I shut it down and then next time I booted it up it wouldn t get to to the logon screen I then tried the same thing with XP and Win Build and it STILL happened I actually thought my hard drive was corrupted and it was a old ty WD SE which I was intending to replace anyway so I bought a new Seagate and installed Vista It installed notacibly faster by like twenty minutes as opposed to the old hard drive so I thought the problem was fixed but yeah I shut it down and bang Not loading Anyone have any idea what s wrong nbsp
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a Dell Inspiron one desktop, Core 13 (windows 7) and I don't know what happened but upon startup, I see a bunch of flashing colors taking up the whole screen. Is it a hardware problem where a chip board has to be replaced? Or should I re-install windows?

Relevancy 58.05%

tried to install software on a dell latitude so it can use the docking station.

now it only boots up to a blank blue screen and is unresponsive.

(has anybody tried to sue microsoft for all the stress they cause?)
Relevancy 58.05%

Have a Compaq CQ61-313us. For some reason the USB ports don't work after reboot. If I go to device manager, and disable, then reable them one by one, they'll work fine until reboot and I'm back to errors on them. I also can uninstall them and have windows find them again, works fine, until I reboot again. I'm about to give up. They all say "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" until I reinstall. Have done all my updates and mutiple scans with mutiple malware /virus programs. Any suggestions???

A:USB Ports continually don't load after reboot...

Hi there,Have you looked through the following articles?
Relevancy 57.62%

My laptop loads at the beginning (where it has a progress bar scanning from left to right) then immediately after that a black screen comes on briefly then a blue screen quickly flashes and the system keeps resetting itself.

I have tried to put the Vista disk in to try and repair it, but it says it cannot automatically repair it. When I select System Restore through this way aswell it says that it has successfully restored the compute, however when it restarts to load up again it crashes again at the same part.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance!

Btw, it's currently running on an Inspiron 1520 with Vista Home Premium.

Relevancy 57.62%

Hello well about months ago I built a new about months ago and I just started having this problem Everything was running perfect before this - specs are as follows CPU E GHZ Video card Radeon MB Asus PK E Wifi - AP Gigs dual corsair ram OS - Vista x bit home premium Okay so today I was playing a PC game and every sec - sec the game would freeze from anywhere between sec to over a minute While it was frozen vista Blue bar screen after load I could still move my Blue screen after vista load bar mouse but the game was unresponsive I thought it was just the game but it started happening while I was surfing the internet as well What I thought was weird was that I could sometimes alt tab to Blue screen after vista load bar another program which wouldnt be frozen but after some time that program would freeze as well A few hours later while I was testing the game to see if it worked the computer became totally frozen and I was unable to do anything not even move the mouse I restarted the computer but right after vista loading bar loads I get a blue screen that says beginning dump of physical memory This constantly happens ive tried many times now and its making it so I cant even get to my desktop Ive tried booting in safe mode but the same thing happens Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Blue screen after vista load bar

Did you go to the Corsair memory site and match the exact model number ( not speed) you are using to that motherboard?
Most blue screens are cause by bad or incompatible memory so you need to run memtest 86 first and bear in mind you need to run 4 full tests and each test has 8 full passes so you need to leave the pc alone for 3-4 hours. If any errors show up at all, then you have the issue and BTW, I have seen an awful lot of bad memory from Corsair recently, the other thing though is the same is true for Asus boards for the last 2 years in my experience so I never recommend them anymore.
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey there, my computer has recently decided to break. What happens is my pc loads up as usual and then when it gets to the xp loading screen with the bar it blue screens and restarts itself, i got annoyed with it and left it on restarting for about 18 hours hoping that it would sort itself out but it didnt.

another thing is that i get the option to load last settingss that worked or start in safe mode ect. but i can't select any of the options, my keyboard decides it doesnt want to work on that screen, any ideas?

Relevancy 57.62%

So I play League of Legends regularly and recently have been getting blue screened every time I load into a game I can do other things on my computer without issue but once I Screen a I When Blue Load Into Game load into a game I get a blue screen If someone could walk me through the steps required to diagnose my problem then that would be ideal I assume you'll ask for my PC specs so I'll go ahead and list them any response is appreciated HDD SAMSUNG Spinpoint F ST DM HD SJ TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s Internal Hard Drive - Newegg com DVD ASUS Model DRW- B Blue Screen When I Load Into a Game ST BLK B AS X DVD Burner - Bulk Black - Newegg com Mobo MSI -G ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg com GPU MSI Blue Screen When I Load Into a Game R Hawk Radeon HD GB -bit Video Card - Newegg com PSU Thermaltake TR Blue Screen When I Load Into a Game W RUC W ATX V V Intel Core i Compliant Dual mm Fans Full Cable Sleevings Power Supply - Newegg com RAM Crucial Ballistix Sport GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Model BL KIT BA - Newegg com CPU AMD Phenom II X GHz Socket AM W Quad-Core Desktop Processor HDX WFGMBOX - Newegg com Case NZXT M - BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg com

A:Blue Screen When I Load Into a Game

What does the blue screen message say? Does it give a stop code and file name?

Your TR2 430W PSU is a low quality model, not suitable for your HD5770 graphics card, and could be causing problems when the computer is put under stress. What are the temperatures and voltages in BIOS?

Do you have similar problems with any other games? If it's just LoL, have you tried patching to the latest version or fully reinstalling the game?

If LoL loads straight into a saved game, the save could be corrupt. Test this by loading an older save or starting a fresh game.
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I've been getting random BSOD's for a while now this most recent time I'm trying to put an end to it The message was DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL STOP X Screen Very Slow Blue Load - D X X X XF D IdeChDr sys - Address F base at F dATESTAMP D EAC The load time is very long at Blue Screen - Very Slow Load the moment and in the past when trying to get rid of all traces of mcafee symantec I haven't been able to Any help appreciated ComboScan v run by Luigi on - - at Computer is Blue Screen - Very Slow Load in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created restore point Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Luigi exe ------------------------------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C Blue Screen - Very Slow Load WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Fast exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe C WINDOWS system fast exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS DvzCommon DvzMsgr exe C Program Files Nikon NkView NkvMon exe C WINDOWS webshots scr C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Documents and Settings Luigi Desktop comboscan exe C Program Files HijackThis Luigi exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by OptusNet O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - A -E CA- D - CD - D B - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll file missing O - BHO FDMIECookiesBHO Class - CC E F - E - FA- FAA- BF - C Program Files Free Download Manager iefdmcks dll O - BHO no name - FFFFFEF - B - D - D- - no file O - Toolbar no name - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - no file O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll file missing O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run PCDR... Read more

A:Blue Screen - Very Slow Load

Here is the Activescan results from Panda and the Supplementary file from comboscan is attached.

Incident Status Location

Adware:adware/cydoor Not disinfected C:\WINDOWS\system32\cd_clint.dll
Adware:adware/navhelper Not disinfected c:\program files\NavExcel
Potentially unwanted tool:application/mywebsearch Not disinfected hkey_classes_root\clsid\{147A976E-EEE1-4377-8EA7-4716E4CDD239}
Adware:adware/zango Not disinfected Windows Registry
Dialer:dialer.b Not disinfected HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{F8ACA5A0-060A-478A-8368-1407780D2251}
Spyware:Cookie/Casalemedia Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Luigi\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default.wj0\cookies.txt[]
Spyware:Cookie/Serving-sys Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Luigi\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default.wj0\cookies.txt[]
Spyware:Cookie/Serving-sys Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Luigi\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default.wj0\cookies.txt[]
Spyware:Cookie/Statcounter Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Luigi\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default.wj0\cookies.txt[.sta... Read more
Relevancy 57.62%

So last night i downloaded/ran what i thought was a firefox addon... the second i opened it, blue screen for a split second.. and reboot...

Now EVERYTIME i try to boot my PC.. at the windows load screen i receive a blue screen (disappears and reboots before i can possibly read it.. but i think there is writing on it)... Ive tried to boot in safe mode.. ive tried to boot from a recovery disc.. still the same..

I have no idea what to do next.. please help..

Thanks, powerhouse.

A:Blue Screen at Windows Load

Just remembered we have an 'Ultimate Boot CD'.. could this be of use? although i have no idea how to use it/the options in it.. just thought id add that before i have to go, since i can't check here on my PC.
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi i have wiondows 7 and need to boot into safe mode to run a antivirus software, when going into safe mode it starts to load but then gives me a blue screen and goes off after 3 seconds. Below i have provided a picture of the error message and a video of what my problem is ( click the last picture of the black screen and that will load the video):

From the above could anyone be able to tell me what is faulty or how to fix as every other mode is fine but not in safe mode or safe mode with networking.

A:Blue screen when trying to load in safe mode

Try this: Ray Woodcock's Latest: Windows 7: EUBKMON.SYS Error: Driver Unloaded Without Cancelling Pending Operations
Relevancy 56.76%

-Not sure if this is where this questions belongs sorry- My problem that I have been having for months My computer at times would just randomly shut down or when I tried to start it up It would start to load then reboot and go to the quot blue screen of death quot Anyways that problems Seems to be gone for at least a month now Now the only problem left that I just gave up on fixing is I cant go to add remove programs Everytime I click it My computer instantly Shuts off and goes to the blue screen and says being dump blahdy blahdy blah Well I figure there is some sort of nasty virus or something But that is my only problem even after deleting and reinstalling windows on C I didnt reinstall the D drive but never touch it so dont think its the problem I really would like to get into add remove Why or what could Blue when try I goes Add/Remove??? to Windows to Help!! screen load be causing my computer to restart when trying to load add remove Its windows XP btw If you need to know anything else just ask Thanks nbsp

A:Windows goes to Blue screen when I try to load Add/Remove??? Help!!
Relevancy 56.76%

I have repeatedly rebooted my system and I keep running into the blue screen. I can't get anything else to come up after I reboot. Once, when my computer was still in start up mode, I quickly hit th F12 key to run diagnostics. The only error code I got was "DST Short Test - 'Fail' - code 1000-0146" "msg: Unit 2: DST Log contains previous error" I have not installed or uninstalled anything, so I don't understand why this is coming up. Please help... What can I do???

A:Windows xp unable to load, blue screen

DST= Drive Self Test

It is saying your harddrive isn't working.
Open the case and reset the connecting power and data cables.
You can try booting from your Windows installation disk to get a command line and then run chkdsk which will repair the repairable.
Also most drive manufacturers have utilities to download and run from a floppy to check and repair a disk.

But you may be in the market for a new harddrive.

ps. if the drive is dead, it MAY revive long enough to rescue some important files if you put the HD in a plastic bag in the freezer for 24 hours.
Relevancy 56.76%

Okay, over the past few weeks my PC would randomly crash and then go to a blue screen!
i had stupidly ignored this, now my PC will not load after the start up repair!
if i choose to start windows normally it will just go to a black screen and not load...
or if i choose to start windows start-up repair it will load for a few seconds and then go to the blue screen!

i have tried other things like safe mode, which doesnt work! as it freezes when loading the drivers
i have tried a recovery disc, which done nothing!

any suggestions ?

A:Cant load vista (blue screen errors)

I had something like this on my computer. It could be something wrong with the hardware such as motherboard or hard drive. What model is your computer?
Relevancy 56.76%

Thanks in advance for the help I was having some issues with google redirect and various viruses and malware so I ran a combination of PC Tools Spyware Doctor and Malwarebytes on top of my Trend Micro Titanium Malwarebytes found a OS Screen Load/Repair/Blue Loop few minor things and fixed them and PC Tools found at least high risk trojans I ran the fix there and rebooted and since then I cannot get back to my desktop OS Load/Repair/Blue Screen Loop even in Safe Mode I ve OS Load/Repair/Blue Screen Loop tried Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking and Safe Mode with Command Prompt as well as attempted to do a system restore which fails but all this does is create a loop of attempted repairs and restarts I see the blue screen of death error flash anywhere from - seconds before the loop is initiated again Basically the end result is the suggestion to simply shut down the computer I wanted to post the dds and other prerequisite programs to generate the logs you need but I m unsure of how to do this since I can t use my computer I do have access to a second computer in case I need to save any of these programs to flash drives Appreciate the help Windows Operating System Trend Micro Titanium Malwarebytes PC Tools Spyware Doctor

A:OS Load/Repair/Blue Screen Loop

Lets give it a try. You will need a USB Flash drive.For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.Enter System Recovery Options. To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.Click on Repair your computer menu item.Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account and click Next.On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup RepairSystem RestoreWindows Complete PC RestoreWindows Memory Diagnostic ToolCommand PromptSelect Command PromptIn the command window type in notepad and press Enter.The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter
Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.The tool will start to run.When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
Relevancy 56.76%

About 2 hours ago, i was on my computer doing as i would any other day. I restart it because AVG tells me a recent update needs a restart. After the Black screen that says Windows XP on it finishes loading, the default blue background appears, but nothing else does. Normally, there is a log in screen that says something to the extent of User name: and Password: Ok Cancel Shutdown and stuff like that. I am currently in SafeMode with networking so i can get on the internet. I have tried removing the Passwords, but still nothing...

A:Default windows blue screen after load

Yeah, I'm pretty sure i just fixed it, I just uninstalled AVG while i was in Safe mode. Apparently a lot of people have had this problem before. I hope this helps other people...
Relevancy 56.76%

My system (win7 ultimate 64 bit - clean install) was running stable until a few months ago.
At almost every start in the morning it freezes og goes into Blue Screen (last time it said: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) just after load.
I usually keep restarting 3-10 times until it gets stable again and I can work on the machine the rest of the day. Can anyone help please by giving me advice on how to analyse on whates going wrong and how to fix this?
In advance: Thanks!

A:System freezes or goes into Blue Screen after load

You dont have any nimidumps in your folders.

You must enable minidump Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

Wait for a new crash and reupload the crash\bsod folder.
Relevancy 56.76%

My HP mini 210-1080nr stopped working yesterday. It loads a blue screen with sun rays and no text. Tried f8 repeatedly during startup to get safe mode, but it just beeps a lot. Can get to some diagnostic stuff by hitting esc during start up, but not sure what it means. Coincidently, a couple hours later, my desktop crashed, so I am thinking virus not hardware issue. Can start desktop in safe mode with networking and am trying to resolve, but not sure what to do with this netbook. Netbook is running windows7. It is 18 months old, and I replaced the battery last month.
Relevancy 56.76%

hi when i power on my computer and a screen comes sagfe mode etc safe mode with command prompt etc last known config etc any i select i end up with blue screen stating "a problem has been dectected and windows has been shut down to protect your computer" please help im at a loss

A:windows won't load dredded blue screen help

update got hardware express test to work recieved this error message

error code 6537:011b
expected cpu fan on low rpm of 1900 detected fan rpm = 1250
Relevancy 56.76%

I recently fixed my laptop; and surprise - there's another problem that's cropped up.

This time it's software - op system crash; when booting; all is fine Windows loads but I get a deep blue screen that says " can't load hive file "

with the usual software code jibberish like crash dump memory
- Does anyone know if I can fix this by buying a Windows XP reinstallation disc?

I was going to bite the bullet and take it to a comp repair store; but of course they "say" they want to do a diagnostic (in other words; run up the charges for unneeded services) before dealing with my op system problem.

To me it's like- hey, I already know what exactly the problem is; I don't need you or anyone else doing more work than is necessary. Especially since all the parts I bought for my comp (Toshiba Tecra 8100) are new.
Relevancy 56.76%

I am at a loss here I was checking emails today and I got a blue screen of death on Windows I stupidly didn't take a screen capture however the error message had to do with winSys exe and then the usually memory dump messages I rebooted into safe mode and tried running Spybot but it came up with an error so I downloaded and ran Malwarebytes anti-malware It found problems and I deleted them I then ran Avast and it found no infections Figuring it was a malware problem I rebooted Now Windows won't load It gets to the Welcome screen then goes to a blank black screen with a error, now won't Blue load screen windows mouse cursor The cursor can be Blue screen error, now windows won't load moved I powered down the computer pulled the battery and booted it back up This time Blue screen error, now windows won't load I got a black screen saying my disks had to be checked for inconsistencies I ran the scan and it found no errors Windows started to load then stopped at the blank black screen again I have my laptop set up with Ubuntu on a sperate partion and I have not any problems with it so I think the issue is related just to Windows not hardware My laptop is an Asus g g with an Intel Core duo processor ghz gigs of ram and an Nvidia graphic card Other then adding Ubuntu I have not done any upgrades to the system Windows was a installed at the factory not an upgrade and I haven't added any software in months or so I have searched around but I haven't come up with anything short of doing a fresh install of Windows Any help would be great thank you for your time

A:Blue screen error, now windows won't load

Quote: Originally Posted by cturcotte224

I am at a loss here. I was checking emails today and I got a blue screen of death on Windows 7. I, stupidly, didn't take a screen capture, however the error message had to do with winSys32.exe, and then the usually memory dump messages. I rebooted into safe mode and tried running Spybot, but it came up with an error, so I downloaded and ran Malwarebytes anti-malware. It found 5 problems and I deleted them. I then ran Avast and it found no infections. Figuring it was a malware problem, I rebooted. Now Windows won't load. It gets to the Welcome screen, then goes to a blank black screen, with a mouse cursor. The cursor can be moved. I powered down the computer, pulled the battery, and booted it back up. This time I got a black screen, saying my disks had to be checked for inconsistencies. I ran the scan and it found no errors. Windows started to load, then stopped at the blank black screen again. I have my laptop set up with Ubuntu 11.04 on a sperate partion and I have not any problems with it, so I think the issue is related just to Windows, not hardware. My laptop is an Asus g72g, with an Intel Core 2 duo processor @ 2.53ghz, 6 gigs of ram and an Nvidia graphic card. Other then adding Ubuntu I have not done any upgrades to the system. Windows 7 was a installed at the factory, not an upgrade, and I haven't added any software in 6 months or so. I have searched around, but I haven't come up with anything, short of doing a fresh install of Windows. Any help would be great, thank you for your time.

does sound like a driver (video?), if you have the win 7 dvd you can do a repair install. If not a factory reset?
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron and whenever I turn my pc on a blue screen flashes and says Windows Cannot Load load Windows Can't Death? Screen of Blue It goes directly to Startup Repair However That does not fix the issue I tried a Recovery Disk for Windows iso and Blue Screen of Death? Can't load Windows that does not work either It started rebooting back to the factory settings but when it completed and restarted the blue screen of death was still around I tried Command Prompt with Scandsk f I believe and that did not work at first because it was write protected I found a way past that and nothing At one point it said boot memtest exe is missing or corrupt Right now I got into a Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool I have no idea how I did but its checking for memory problems The only way I got to this was by pressing the down button when booting with windows recovery disk via dvd drive and when it stated press any button to boot when I press down it gets to this Is my hard drive fried Can this be rectified

A:Blue Screen of Death? Can't load Windows

can someone please help me on this?

I tried other methods i have found on this forum such as running the memem86 program but it kept running for hours and nothing.
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm not so much worried about fixing the blue screen yet just finding out what it's even saying I start up my EEE PC he and right after the XP Load screen comes up the system shows a blue screen then restarts I tried to load in via safe mode to change the restart on blue screen setting but I can't even load into safe mode I'm not really sure what I could've done but that's not my concern at the moment Is there a registry file that can be changed or button to be pressed during boot to keep it from shutting down and allow me to read the blue screen Blue - then on reboot Windows load screen If anyone's wondering quot How can you change the registry when you can't load Windows quot I can load the registry into a PE and edit it from there I'm Blue screen on Windows load - then reboot working on getting USB bootable memtest and some other stuff but for the time being I just want to know what the BSOD is saying

A:Blue screen on Windows load - then reboot

Start (or restart) the PC, then start tapping the F8 key about twice a second.
(Some PCs use F8 for other options, in that case try F5. On some Multimedia keyboards you may have to hold a separate Function key down so the Fx keys will not be seen as media keys)

The following Menu should appear:
Windows Advanced Options Menu
Please select an option:
Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Enable Boot Logging
Enable VGA Mode
Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)
Directory Services Restore Mode (Windows domain controllers only)
Debugging Mode
Disable automatic restart on system failure
Start Windows Normally
Return to OS Choices Menu

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.

Select the Disable automatic restart on system failure option
Relevancy 56.76%

Configuration Dell Inspiron m Laptop GHz Centrino GB RAM GB HDD Windows XP Professional SP My ADSL download speed started to fluctuate lately so yesterday morning I was running PingPlotter on my computer when I got the dreaded blue screen UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME I in Load Screen XP After Could OS Not Blue Solved: Professional turned off the computer and restarted it but then it would not be able to load the operating system got stuck after the Dell opening screen I then booted from the Windows intallation disk and selected quot Repair quot and ran the chkdsk r command It took about two hours to complete and it Solved: Could Not Load OS After Blue Screen in XP Professional finished with the message that it found one or more errors on the volume After this I was able to login into my account So I downloaded Norton Ghost trial to attempt to back up the entire drive Since I have never used this program I thought I should read the help first and while doing so I got another blue screen KERNEL STACK INPAGE ERROR Once again the operating system would not load Again I ran chckdsk r from the Windows disk It got stuck overnight at then I restarted and the operation was completed after two hours or so with the same message quot found one or more errors on the volume quot So I could again log in but could not start Ghost some error reports that a file is corrupted or missing I was also not able to start Nero something wrong with a COM file or module to try to back up files Currently I am running another chkdsk r in the Windows repair mode So at this point I am quite desperate because I do not know what is going on and what to do At stake are not only my user files but also a large number of programs that would take many many days to reinstall My only hope now is in you all the experts on this forum What would cause such a problem What should I try to do to fix it Many anticipated THANKS Michael nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi- Extremely frustrated Have searched google disc screen, xp etc.. blue load properly cant on the works pc for ages but found no answer to my problem- please somebody help me before I pull my hair out Apologies if this doesnt make sense I switched on the PC Have a dell with xp to find a blue screen with the usual bladee bla and asking me to do something to anti virus run chkdsk f and then a code STOP X X X C CO XC X Well I would run chkdsk f but cant It wont load in safe mode last known figuration etc just reverts back to the blue screen Most sites seem to sugggest running the XP disc blue screen, cant load xp disc properly etc.. When I put this in I press F as soon as I get the PC on then then any key to boot from Cd Then a screen which says Press Enter to setup XP Press R to enter the recovery console etc However when I press either Enter or R the screen appears as though its doing something for a brief second but sticks on the same screen for hours with a message on the bottom saying Examining mb Disc at ID on bus It didnt do this last time i had a blue screen problem about months ago just loaded up staright away So I am stuck Either it goes back to the blue screen or it supposedly examaning something Is it supposed to take ages I tried F and all the Safe Mode Config options If there was another way to run chkdsc f I might be ok but I really haven t got a clue and seem to be going round in circles Any help that doesnt just say boot from the windows XP installation cd- because I cant would be great To my knowledge nothing new has been installed Thanks in advance nbsp

A:blue screen, cant load xp disc properly etc..

Welcome to TSG....

Well you might not have installed anything but more than likely something might have. There are virus's that will write to the hard drive in such a way that it will permanently mess up the drive and actually destroy it.

Right now I would suggest to remove the hard drive from this computer and install in another computer as a slave drive and see if it can be accessed, if it can be accessed I would take the time to manually backup all of my important data to another media like CD-R's, DVD or thumb drive. When this is done I would use the OS preferably Windows to format this hard drive before putting it back into the Dell computer - this will hopefully eliminate anything nasty on the drive. After this you should be able to do the clean installation to this drive.

Here are some articles that may help

Dell - Procedures for Reinstalling or Upgrading to Windows XP Procedures.htm

Dell Ordering New Recovery/Installation disks On-line

How Do I Create a CD Containing My Operating System with the Dell&#8482; OS Recovery Utility?
Relevancy 56.76%

First, a blue screen.I halted "physical memory dump" (oops??)Have since tried to recover with, FAILED:A. Recently burned SP3 XP-Pro boot disk supplied by full time computer repair man 21 yrs in biz.B. BitDefender recovery isoC. Kaspersky recovery isoD. Ubuntu on CDE. Ubuntu on flash driveall above failed to boot even when I used boot menu numerous times to make CD or flash first to load. Ran Dell's utility to scan HDDs. Read test did NOT run, but no errors. Everything else passed. CD drive passed.Am at limit of my knowledge. Consider myself below intermediate knowledge. Now what, please? (Thank you!!)

A:Blue screen->can't load iso from flash or CD drive

<<First, a blue screen.>>

What was the detail of the blue screen message?

Relevancy 56.76%

i have vaio fw499
i was in net and something has been download and ..... bluescreen come
Stop: 0x000000D1 (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFD2, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFFA6000C4A6000)

iaStor.sys- ADDRESS FFFFFA6000C4A267 BASE AT FFFFFA6000C03002, DATESTAMP 4805479B
my system load and after 2,3 second blue screen comes and is restarting

A:my system load and after 2,3 second blue screen comes and is restarting

Helppppp plz f1 ...f1
Relevancy 56.76%

You know the blue screen that says Microsoft Windows XP. I'm using Virtual Box and havent had a problem since I installed it 1.5 years ago but today I woke up and couldn't get past this screen. Any ideas?

A:XP wont load past blue screen

try hitting f8 on start up to access safe mode options
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I have Windows XP Professional Edition x I was working on my computer earlier I was using a program called Game Maker I use it all the time and this never happened before While I was loading a game it got stuck at quot preparing graphics quot my computer started to slow down and it just shut down itself saying it did it to protect Windows or something I got a couple error messages I forgot what they were about but I remember they had words about graphics and kernel I think Now every time I try to turn it on I get this blue screen of death I took it with my camera I have Nvidia hardware I ve had it for over years I forgot its name nForce I think and I ve read sometimes it causes problems like this with kernel or graphics stuff Sorry for my foul language I m bad with computer problems Can it be fixed Can I rescue Hard Drive files at least if I move it to another computer or something Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi guys A few days ago I started my computer and it blue-screened with the message A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to be sure you have adequate disk space If Repair Blue Spontaneous doesn't Screen, work a driver is identified in the Stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver Spontaneous Blue Screen, Repair doesn't work updates Try chaging video adapters Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x E xC xF F AD xF B A xF B A I had installed XP over the existing Professional last February and it has worked well until this popped up I hadn t installed any new drivers programs or hardware recently I tried running chkdsk r from the repair console The program found one error I ran chkdsk r again with no errors found I then used the XP disk to repair the system and the computer seems to boot normally until it started to display desktop shortcuts At this point the computer blue screened with the message STOP c a Fatal System Error The widows subsystem system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x fd b x fac The system has been shut down Now I can restart using safe mode with networking and that mode seems fully functional except I can only log on as administrator and other restrictions I assume come with the safe mode I found one response on the internet to someone else with this error and tried C Documents and Settings Administrator gt sfc scannowWhich resulted in Windows File Protection could not initiate a scan of protected system files The specific error code is x ba The RPC server is unavailable I tried reinstalling XP but then I had a dual-boot XP XP system in which the old XP had the same problems and the new XP worked fine except that it had none of my settings desktop start-up menus users etc I removed the second copy of XP by using the control panel gt gt System gt gt Advanced to edit boot ini removing the second operating systems line I also removed the corresponding WINDOWS folder on the C drive The system now seems to be in the same state it was after I tried repairing it This is an especially inopportune moment since I am using the computer to search for a job my daughter is using it to prepare for her first year at college and my wife is upset that she casn t use the computer to print the driver apparently wasn t loaded in safe mode Any ideas Thanks

A:Spontaneous Blue Screen, Repair doesn't work

Hello,Did you try the things suggested in your first blue screen? You don't indicate that you did.Have you run a scan on your hard drive to test that it is ok? If not:Go to the manufacturer's website and download their disk utility to check the hard drive out: Fujitsu "FJDT" DOWNLOAD Works with fujitsu models only.
Hitachi / IBM - DFT "Drive Fitness Test" DOWNLOAD Works with all manufacturers.
Samsung "hutil" DOWNLOAD Compatability unknown.
Seagate "Seatools" DOWNLOAD Works with Seagate drives only.
Toshiba - N/A There are no tools available for Toshiba, but you may be able to use IBM or Maxtor's.
Western Digital "Data Lifeguard" DOWNLOAD Works with WD drives only.
Relevancy 56.76%

A while ago, I posted here about random reboots. Although my PC doesn't crash as often it still does every now and then. However, now when it crashed I get a blue screen instead of a reboot.

In my startup and recovery settings under system failure the automatically restart option is checked. I still get a mini dump file but I have to manually restart my PC. I'm running WinXP. Is there any other setting I need to change in order to configure my PC in a way that a crash will trigger a reboot instead of a blue screen?

A:Blue Screen Crash: PC doesn't restart automatically

I hate to bump a thread but does anyone have any advice?
Relevancy 56.76%

Couple of weeks ago I must have accidentally selected something in one of my office programs because since that time I've been receiving two pop up errors any time I have an Office program open. One is
"Microsoft Outlook can't load Speech Recognition files. This feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now?"
Each time I hit "no" and yet it will come back. The other error has to do with XP trying to install something and needing the disc. (The error isn't up now so I can't recite it verbatim). Both errors arrive together.
I do not want to install it and yet it keeps trying. How do I get it to stop?

Relevancy 56.33%

My OS is XP home which run on a Dell Dimension C When I boot up I get a blue screen message quot the type of file system is NTFS The volume is dirty CHKDSK is verifying files quot This takes hours of course The end result is another blue screen error message quot c a unknown hard error quot So I switched Receiving blue load error won't messages, screen xp to Safe Mode when I started booting up Same result Receiving blue screen error messages, xp won't load after running CHKDSK Now I'm doing it in Safe Mode with a network prompt but I have a feeling the same will happen I also tried System Restore but that didn't work either I have quite a few files and programs I don't want to lose If I have to purchase a new hard drive If I get a new hard drive can I transfer the files programs currently on my PC to it If so where would I purchase a hard drive and get it installed I'm not going to do it myself I'm not good at that kind of thing How much would this cost And how would I transfer the files programs Thanks If I have to buy a new hard

A:Receiving blue screen error messages, xp won't load

Hey mate,

Im not really sure. May be a cluster error or something like that.
I believe you can get another HDD install XP in it, then plug your old hard drive and you will be able to copy the stuff in it. The best thing is to skip the scan I guess. I know that this isnt good, but it looks to me as if you dont have any other option.
Thats what I would do.
As for the place of installing and cost Im not really sure coz Im not in the US.

good luck
Relevancy 56.33%

Recently I installed a new usb hub and a removable hard drive This itself had been giving me errors over the weeks random blue screens etc but it wasnt a major problem Today I decided to start up in safe mode to fiddle with some more settings I did this from the msconfig file and the pc stayed on the Shutting down windows screen for a long time startup, cannot Xp on in mode screen any blue load windows Eventually i decided to turn it off manually Now on restart regardless of whether I try and boot in safe mode or normal mode or last good config I get a blue screen before the splash screen I noticed in safe Xp blue screen on startup, cannot load windows in any mode mode it always blue screens in the same place whilst the drivers are loading up so I think its a corrupt driver I had previously Xp blue screen on startup, cannot load windows in any mode tried to uninstall the drivers for my hub in order to reinstall but the confirmation dialog screen would hang each time thus the safe mode restart its a STOP error x B Is there a way to somehow disable certain drivers bearing in mind i cant startup and I cant find my XP installation CD how annoying XP Professional IBM Thinkpad T nbsp

A:Xp blue screen on startup, cannot load windows in any mode

seems you've fiddled your way out of a computer, assuming selecting 'last known good configuration' won't boot either
Relevancy 56.33%

I have an acer aspire one d150. I t ried turning it on and the windows load screen blue bar just keeps going and going and wont ever load windows. I tried loading in the set up menu with last known good configuration and get the same thing, I tried loading with safe mode and get a blue screen "windows is starting up..." but it doesn't start. what can I do to get this working again? thanks*Moderator Edit: Moved topic from Windows 95/98/ME to the more appropriate forum. ~ Queen-Evie*

A:Windows xp wont load past screen with blue bar.

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?
Relevancy 56.33%

This is a Dell Dimension desk top I just happened to reboot the computer because it was running slow When I booted up the BIOS all ran normal but when it was time to execute Vista the screen was dark blue and that is how it sat I blue booting when screen Vista Dark won't up. load tried booting with the disk nothing I tried going back to the latest setting nothing I tried doing safe mode and this came up multi disk rdisk partition windows system ntoskrnl exe quot quot quot quot quot quot quot hal dll kdcom dll bootvid dll config systm The techsupport said I have to format I want to back up my documents pictures and scrapbook kits which is a lot of information I have a windows on my old computer Do you think I can take my HD out and back Dark blue screen when booting up. Vista won't load it up on that computer and still be able to put it all back on my new computer I do have a lap top but I don't think I can use that to back up a hardrive from another computer Am I right on thinking that Is there anyway that I can just replace those files without formating Thanks Ev
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I have experienced BOD recently both stating BAD POOL HEADER Not sure what that means It takes minutes to get fully loaded where the hard drive light goes out Seems slow Following the directions in another thread I douwnloaded and ran the recommended programs These are the results Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA copy Malwarebytes Corporation - OS version Windows Service Pack x load screen. minutes to Need fully 7 2 blue instances of help plus Account is AdministrativeInternet Explorer version File system is NTFSDisk drives C DRIVE FIXEDCPU speed GHzMemory total free Downloaded database version v 7 minutes to fully load plus 2 instances of blue screen. Need help Downloaded database version v Downloaded database version v Initializing Driver version ------------ Kernel report 7 minutes to fully load plus 2 instances of blue screen. Need help ------------ ------------ Loaded modules ----------- SystemRoot system ntoskrnl exe SystemRoot system hal dll SystemRoot system kdcom dll SystemRoot system mcupdate GenuineIntel dll SystemRoot system PSHED dll SystemRoot system CLFS SYS SystemRoot system CI dll SystemRoot system drivers Wdf sys SystemRoot system drivers WDFLDR SYS SystemRoot system drivers ACPI sys SystemRoot system drivers WMILIB SYS SystemRoot system drivers msisadrv sys SystemRoot system drivers pci sys SystemRoot system drivers vdrvroot sys SystemRoot System drivers partmgr sys SystemRoot system DRIVERS compbatt sys SystemRoot system DRIVERS BATTC SYS SystemRoot system drivers volmgr sys SystemRoot System drivers volmgrx sys SystemRoot System drivers mountmgr sys SystemRoot system drivers atapi sys SystemRoot system drivers ataport SYS SystemRoot system drivers msahci sys SystemRoot system drivers PCIIDEX SYS SystemRoot system drivers amdxata sys SystemRoot system drivers fltmgr sys SystemRoot system drivers fileinfo sys SystemRoot System Drivers Ntfs sys SystemRoot System Drivers msrpc sys SystemRoot System Drivers ksecdd sys SystemRoot System Drivers cng sys SystemRoot System drivers pcw sys SystemRoot System Drivers Fs Rec sys SystemRoot system drivers ndis sys SystemRoot system drivers NETIO SYS SystemRoot System Drivers ksecpkg sys SystemRoot System drivers tcpip sys SystemRoot System drivers fwpkclnt sys SystemRoot system drivers vmstorfl sys SystemRoot system drivers volsnap sys SystemRoot system DRIVERS stdcfltn sys SystemRoot System Drivers spldr sys SystemRoot System drivers rdyboost sys SystemRoot System Drivers ngvss sys SystemRoot System Drivers mup sys SystemRoot System drivers hwpolicy sys SystemRoot System DRIVERS fvevol sys SystemRoot system drivers disk sys SystemRoot system drivers CLASSPNP SYS SystemRoot System Drivers aswVmm sys SystemRoot System Drivers aswRvrt sys SystemRoot system DRIVERS cdrom sys SystemRoot system drivers aswSnx sys SystemRoot system drivers aswSP sys SystemRoot System Drivers Null SYS SystemRoot System Drivers Beep SYS SystemRoot System drivers vga sys SystemRoot System drivers VIDEOPRT SYS SystemRoot System drivers watchdog sys SystemRoot System DRIVERS RDPCDD sys SystemRoot system drivers rdpencdd sys SystemRoot system drivers rdprefmp sys SystemRoot System Drivers Msfs SYS SystemRoot System Drivers Npfs SYS SystemRoot system DRIVERS tdx sys SystemRoot system DRIVERS TDI SYS SystemRoot system drivers afd sys SystemRoot system drivers aswRdr sys SystemRoot System DRIVERS netbt sys SystemRoot system DRIVERS wfplwf sys SystemRoot system DRIVERS pacer sys SystemRoot system DRIVERS vwififlt sys SystemRoot system DRIVERS netbios sys SystemRoot system DRIVERS wanarp sys SystemRoot system DRIVERS termdd sys SystemRoot system DRIVERS rdbss sys C Windows system drivers rawdsk sys SystemRoot system drivers nsiproxy sys SystemRoot system DRIVERS mssmbios sys SystemRoot System drivers discache sys SystemRoot system drivers csc sys SystemRoot System Drivers dfsc sys SystemRoot system DRIVERS blbdrive sys SystemRoot system DRIVERS tunnel sys SystemRoot system DRIVERS igdkmd sys SystemRoot... Read more
Relevancy 56.33%

Windows XP won't boot on my netbook anymore. The error is:
stop: 0x0000007e (0xC0000005, 0x89A75AB3, 0xf78e6B98,0xf78e6894)

The netbook is a stock MSI U100+ wind and the only upgrade was extra ram.

Things I have tried but have made no use:

- removed extra ram
- can't run safe mode, it just goes to the bsod
- did manage to get into the system restore screen but restore did not work, just went back to the bsod

Any ideas anyone?

A:Windows XP won't load - MSI Wind U100 - blue screen

Can you get into the bios? Set all to default setup. Remove all but one memory module.
Relevancy 56.33%

Please help, As soon as I turn on the comp it goes straight to this blue HP screen. cant press any buttons , f8, esc = it doesnt work. Even when i put in a vista startup cd, it doesnt read it. it doesnt do anything. SCARY!!!! please help. i dont know what to do, any ideas. I guess i will have to take it to someone....

A:[SOLVED] HELP!!!!! Fuzzy blue screen, cant load windows

Hi and welcome to TSF try reseating your ram.also try tapping F2 on boot and change the first boot device in your bios to CD\DVD and then F10 to save and exit then try booting from your disc and run a repair
Relevancy 55.9%

When I attempt to boot Windows XP Professional with SP 2 on my computer I get a blue screen with this error:
Stop: 0x0000008E (0xC000000E, 0x8056E2A2, 0xEEC5B96C, 0x00000000)
immediately after it loads to windows.
Safe mode comes up with a black screen that seems to list a bunch of files and freezes.
Any ideas?

A:Blue Screen on Startup, Safe mode doesn't work either

read this error resolution from microsoft or
this one or
this one

do a virus kill with these
spybot search and destroy
hijack this
microsoft anti-spyware
they are all free
you can google them and find the download sites.
Relevancy 55.9%

Last night after streaming a local radio station from back home I then death load tries boot and to flashes it screen again blue up of XP Starts to got a message that my HP computer was infected with a Trojan I tried to close it with XP Starts to load then blue screen of death flashes and it tries to boot up again clicking the X and by stopping it through task manager but it wouldn t go away so I shut the computer down When I tried to boot it back up it gets to the XP display screen with the load bar and cycles once flashes to a blue screen and then loops back to the beginning of boot up and repeats I tried starting XP Starts to load then blue screen of death flashes and it tries to boot up again in Safe Mode Safe Mode with Command Prompt Last Know Working Configuration and just about all the other options from pressing F but they all resulted in the same thing blue screen and loop I managed XP Starts to load then blue screen of death flashes and it tries to boot up again to get the BIOS SETUP UTILITY up but don t know what to do there so I don t want to mess with it I spent last night reading over a lot of your forums and there are many similar problems but nothing seemed specific enough Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:XP Starts to load then blue screen of death flashes and it tries to boot up again

If you have a trojan - the boot files may be infected.
You may need to use a Rescue Cd.

Or back up your files and reinstall the operating system.

How to use Linux live Cd to backup files from a dead Pc

Leave the Bios alone - if it is not set to boot from a Cd - we will explain later
how to check that it is.
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I when Black screen not system blue moderate of death under load am going through some problems with my Black not blue screen of death when system under moderate load system dying on me and was hoping to get a second opinion by having someone look over my system information I built my system about months ago my spec are AMD Phenom II T gh MSI FXA-GD Motherboard Corsair Vengeance memory G HIS IceQ Radeon HD Rosewill plus Bronze series W Bigfoot Network gaming card SATA II TB harddrive I have been getting random hard crash of my system where the screen goes out and the system is hard crashed ctrl alt del alt f pushing the restart power button nothing works only by turning the power supply shut off I can restart the system It only crashes when my computer need some more power such as playing games Skyrim or some thing that requires more graphic intensive work I have ran PC burning test on the system and it passed without any issues I have been monitoring temperatures consistently and average temperature for the all the CPU cores combined is C or so the GPU averages at C at idle highest I have seen it go while running OCCT GPU test was C So far I have narrowed it down in my opinion not an expert to either my GPU or my power supply The computer shop I took it to for second opinion couldn't find anything wrong with the system except for the fact it crashes PSU voltage was fine apprently but it still failed one of their PSU test and when I run OCCT PSU test it causes hard crash similar to the crash but not as severe since the power button and restart button works GPU passed every test so far I decided it must be a power supply issue and sent for a RMA but I would like a second opinion I have attached the current data I am getting from the OCCT if someone can check over it give me advice it would really be appreciated

A:Black not blue screen of death when system under moderate load

Quote: Originally Posted by J12y89

Hi, I am going through some problems with my system dying on me, and was hoping to get a second opinion by having someone look over my system information.

I built my system about 6 months ago my spec are

AMD Phenom II 1100T 3.3gh

MSI 890FXA-GD65 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance memory 8G

HIS IceQ Radeon HD 6850

Rosewill 80 plus Bronze series 1000W

Bigfoot 2100 Network gaming card

SATA II 1TB harddrive

I have been getting random hard crash of my system where the screen goes out and the system is hard crashed(ctrl+alt+del, alt+f4, pushing the restart/power button, nothing works) only by turning the power supply shut off I can restart the system. It only crashes when my computer need some more power, such as playing games (Skyrim), or some thing that requires more graphic intensive work.

I have ran PC burning test on the system and it passed without any issues. I have been monitoring temperatures consistently and average temperature for the all the CPU cores combined is 25 C or so. the GPU averages at 33 C at idle highest I have seen it go while running OCCT GPU test was 65C.

So far I have narrowed it down(in my opinion, not an expert) to either my GPU or my power supply. The computer shop I took it to for second opinion couldn't find anything wrong with the system except for the fact it crashes. PSU voltage was fine apprently but it still failed one of their PSU test and when I run OCCT PSU test it causes hard crash, similar to the crash but not as severe since the power button and restart button works. GPU passed every test so far.

I decided it must be a power supply issue and sent for a RMA but I would like a second opinion. I have attached the current data I am getting from the OCCT, if someone can check over it give me advice it would really be appreciated.

No DMP files included in upload please try this method
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
Relevancy 55.9%

I've started having problems when logging on Icons Blue to at Screen? & Logon Flash Slow Load on to my Dell Laptop running Windows Pro The Icons Slow to Load at Logon & Blue Flash on Screen? icons Icons Slow to Load at Logon & Blue Flash on Screen? are slow to appear after logon and I can't select icons with the touchpad The screen then flashes blue and the icons reload after which the laptop operates normally I get an Error Event ID copied below which seems to be the problem It points to a faulting module twinui dll Have you any advice how to solve this problem Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category Error Application Error quot Faulting application name Explorer EXE version time stamp x c f c Faulting module name twinui dll version time stamp x c Exception code x Fault offset x f f Faulting process ID xe Faulting application start time x d f ec e ccaa Faulting application path C WINDOWS Explorer EXE Faulting module path C WINDOWS system twinui dll Report ID d dc - df- e - b -b a fff Faulting package full name Faulting package-relative application ID quot

A:Icons Slow to Load at Logon & Blue Flash on Screen?

A couple of us have just interacted about "slow icon loading" so you for sure are not alone.

Explorer.exe is the process responsible for the icons et al - I have killed that process and restarted it when the Volume icon in the systray doesn't show up as it is supposed to.

If you do a Google Search for "twinui.dll" you'll see lots of folks with the same error - perhaps one of those hits will resolve the problem.

Post-post addendum: Though the "resolution" might not be the ACTUAL resolution, there is a thread right here about the same problem - years old: Can not access apps
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all my xp xp in crashed wont or , mode disc blue , or got normally xp screen load safe laptop crashed earlier and i got a blue screen this has happened before and i just restart it and its ok this time when i went to restart it went right to the options of start normally last known good configuration safe mode with networking and safe mode i tried all of the above options but get the same result xp tries to load i see the xp logo screen then after a few seconds i get a flash of blue screen then end up back at the above listed options again I have tried to do a repair from the xp disc when i try boot from cd it loads up then goes to a msdos command prompt A and is waitin for me to type something in i have no idea what i need to type at this point as i have never done this before I dont care xp crashed , got blue screen , xp wont load normally or in safe mode or xp disc if i lose al that is on the hard drive as i have al my important stuff backed up onto cd if i have to reinstall windows i will do so but dont know how from the command propmt that loads when i try to get to the xp disc Please any help would be greatly apreciated nbsp

A:xp crashed , got blue screen , xp wont load normally or in safe mode or xp disc
Relevancy 55.04%

Within the last two hours my computer has its first BSOD followed by another every min or so after turning it back on It first out occurring of blue. the continually BSOD 0x000000F4 occurred BSOD continually occurring out of the blue. 0x000000F4 when I was starting a game of league or legends and got an update Java notification which when I clicked on froze the computer and resulted in BSOD From then on it can literally happen out of the blue when I am doing literally anything or even nothing but we have some consistency though because it seems every time I click a window on the bottom of my screen to open the Internet or whatever the computer will slow down to nothing then BSOD I haven't tried to see what happens in safe mode yet but I have opened up my computer disconnected and reconnected everything but that didn't seem to help I will update with the log attached when I can get my computer to work long enough to do that I would really appreciate any advice thank you Edit computer seems fine in safe mode
Relevancy 55.04%

So I really need my computer because I have a paper due Monday. lol

Okay, so my computer turns on, but all you hear is the fan blow (it seems to blow faster and the air is not warm or hot). The screen is completely black, and when I hook it up to another monitor, it is blank just like my laptop.

Another thing is that only the bluetooth light and the sleep light turns on. Nothing else turns on.
This is a picture of the buttons.

I really don't know where to put this, so feel free to move it.

A:MSI A6200 - Model MS- 1681 Screen doesn't turn on - Blue sleep light on
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello and thanks for reading I have a year old HP pavilion dv series laptop running windows Yesterday I turned it on and it started normally but when I tried to browse on Firefox it gave me the blue screen for the first time ever and it shut down Fearing I had a virus I ran it in safe mode blinking Laptop blue cursor crash HP screen screen black with now and started a scan and began HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor transporting my pictures via Dropbox just in case it died on me Sure enough a weird error message couldnt HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor figure out what program made the message pop up popped up saying I had a bunch of urgent viruses I didn t click on it at all and before I couldn t think of what to do the blue screen popped up and it shut down When I tried to restart it the HP splash sign popped up and the screen flickered black and a blinking HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor cursor started in the upper left corner So this is where I stand now Black screen with blinking cursor Set default setting in BIOS didn t work and F safe mode or F system restore does nothing The black screen just stays there Any ideas Is it a gonner I m hoping to get back on and get my pictures if possible Help please nbsp

A:HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor

sounds like a bug -click report and ask to move to malware forum
Relevancy 54.61%

My computer is not even a week old, and I am getting this problem. I have Windows 7 Home Premium. Eight times out of ten, when my computer enters sleep mode, it crashes like in the middle of the night when it is idle. I never get to catch the blue screen but the crash dump file reports it. Attachment below.

I have Windows 7:
- x64
- Windows 7 Home Premium

- What is the age of system (hardware)? = not even a week old
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) = not even a week old

A:Unable to load image ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 0n2 - Blue Screen Crash

Relevancy 54.61%

Downloading registry cleaner and ran it and it said restart i did and now i have a blue scrren cant take a pic dont have camera but ill google a pic and just post the techincal info thats different quot same message boot sign screen load dont blue from cd pc windows crash+cant past im getting but i dindt get the dll error he did but the tech info pc dont load past windows sign blue screen crash+cant boot from cd i get is Tedchincal Information STOP x F x xFFFFA EF B xFFFFFA EF E xFFFFF thats all i get under tech info the pic is just to show what type of blue screen im getting also pc dont load past windows sign blue screen crash+cant boot from cd i CANT boot from cd i dont have a option to when i restart pc i even tried going into bios but no option to change boot pattern or anything specs- Newegg com - CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra GU Desktop PC AMD FX-Series FX- GHz GB DDR GB HDD Capacity AMD Radeon HD GB Windows Home Premium -Bit sorry for link but best i could do since i dont know pc spec off head but this is one i bought i went into my recently bought

A:pc dont load past windows sign blue screen crash+cant boot from cd

As the help you need is more repair OS rather than crash debugging I've mored this to General discussion where somebody should be able help.
Relevancy 54.61%

Friends I ve never seen one quite like this This is a new-to-client IBM Intellistation Pro M configured for Workstation with single SCSI drive and NVIDIA Quadro Vid card running Windows XP Pro SP with all the usual updates With a standard flatscreen and cabled keybd and mouse I ran the system successfully getting it all pristine for a client But in the real world with four Screen load Bootup: at Blue halts at Drivers w/Registry Error Pro XP Bluescreen or five USB devices attached and dual monitors to the Quadro card XP Pro Blue Screen at Bootup: halts at Drivers load w/Registry Error Bluescreen it started behaving badly Like a different XP Pro Blue Screen at Bootup: halts at Drivers load w/Registry Error Bluescreen computer altogether it would halt stall wait go unresponsive while Win was up and running I took it offline brought it back to the lab and when I cranked it it would not boot load Windows XP It would get to the point of loading drivers and just after quot Ndis sys quot and quot Mup sys quot it would halt giving a short blue screen with Registry Corruption error too quick to read record then reboot I tried loading from a CD and it ran a very long chkdsk with a thousand or so errors only to return with the same issue again This acts like a hardware problem but I get no POST or BIOS-related issues Its running V of this system s bios which is reco XP Pro Blue Screen at Bootup: halts at Drivers load w/Registry Error Bluescreen d by IBM and I even re-flashed it to make certain everything took correctly Went smoothly This system s BIOS checks the SMART log at POST and reports the scsi drive as healthy The suspicious items are these so far as my meager skills can infer - multiple USB devices hub camera printer audio were attached in the real world I was not there to see them load correctly or not - The user client renamed the established USER accounts To be clear I had setup two user accounts for their needs but not liking the titles the User renamed those accounts and setup passwords on them I have seen this maneuver cause issues in other installations since XP just veneers the original user accounts with the new naming sometimes with undesirable results - Attempted dual-monitor setup with latest greatest Nvidia drivers Failed modes that showed available for the monitors bombed while being tried resulting in reboots with no good success Screen would be fine until Windows XP Pro fully loaded then go blank with quot out of range quot message - The last boot that succeeded was into Safe Mode and in that mode we UNINSTALLED the Nvidia software bundle The idea was to reboot with a default quot VGA quot mode I note that despite having the lastest last known good Nvidia software for the Quadro card we never really succeeded in setting up dual-screen I saw it get to the point of having both screens up but with different resolutions on each and no success in getting the desired quot use as screen quot function The Quadro has two separate DVI-outs for this purpose and both were in use I also note that this IBM system has no onboard video as the platform is intended to flex as both a small server and as a workstation It supposedly is capable of headless operation Any clues thx Z nbsp

A:XP Pro Blue Screen at Bootup: halts at Drivers load w/Registry Error Bluescreen

My guess is the added hardware was either installed incorrectly or it was just too much for the system to handle. I suggest renaming c:\windows\system32\config\software as software old and same path\software.sav as software to take the system back where you left it before. Then, go back with it and supervise the installation of the hardware.

Edit You need a software.sav as well to make the system boot properly so make a copy of it first before renaming - call it, say, software.sa2 and then rename the copy sftware.sav after you finished.
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I bought a new laptop - HP Compaq Presario Intel Pentium Processor T GHz GB Hard Drive GB RAM nVidia GeForce G M with MB DDR dedicated graphics memory After a week i got the firs blue screen error after which it laptop dying? boot, laptop BAD_POOL_CALLER; won't a new screen Blue couldn t boot i couldn t even get to BIOS I was out of the country so my friend called the service staff who told him to try to run some tests that time it worked he got to BIOS ran the tests everything was fine and the laptop started up normally Now Blue screen BAD_POOL_CALLER; laptop won't boot, a new laptop dying? weeks after I m getting blue screens continuously and laptop won Blue screen BAD_POOL_CALLER; laptop won't boot, a new laptop dying? t boot If it boots and it usually happens when you hit it slightly though i don t know if it s a conincidence windows Blue screen BAD_POOL_CALLER; laptop won't boot, a new laptop dying? starts up normally and everything is working fine until the next blue screen shows up which disables my laptop all over again Blue screen looks like this BAD POOL CALLER Technical information STOP x C x xFE F DC x x Collecting data for crash dump Initializing disk for crash dump Beginning dump of physical memory Dumping physical memory to disk Physical memory dump complete Is it a software crash Can I run Win repair if I manage to boot it and how to do that Is it my hard disk problem What to do - - nbsp

A:Blue screen BAD_POOL_CALLER; laptop won't boot, a new laptop dying?

If you can get it to work by tapping on the machine, then it doesn't sound like a software problem. It could be a bad system board or memory.

I would call HP again and see about getting service on the hardware.
Relevancy 54.61%

Many functions still work but when i right click drop downs wont stay and when i try to type internet search typing is interrupted and blinking. Also at times there is a white bar blinking in taskbar next to other open icons but without pic and cant click on it to bring whatever it is up on screen.
Relevancy 54.18%

I get a blue screen error of "driverirql_not_less_equal" when my laptop monitor dims.

Intel i7 2640M
8 Gb Ram

The attached screen capture is the location of my error.

A:Windows 8 blue screen error when laptop screen dims

This is probably either a BIOS problem, or a video driver problem. It's also possible you have a hardware fault, but try updating your BIOS and video card drivers.
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi i m new to the forum and i need help with my toshiba a -s it was working fine for the past year and months that i have used it and then one day it suddenly crashed while i was watching a movie it displayed random patterns on screen kinda like part of the image from the video is on the screen then a black strip and random colors I restarted the unit to safe mode and left it on and browsed the net and downloaded some big files for how many hours and nothing happened there are also times when windows is still loading with the windows logo on screen it crashes there are also times when the login screen is / screen pattern blue crashes, on Laptop screen random displayed and it crashes it just crashes randomly so i tried to reformat it i deleted the partitions and created a new one formatted it then Laptop crashes, random pattern on screen / blue screen fresh installed windows my previous OS is windows by the way and started installing the basic drivers and after a few hours it crashed again thinking that the driver installed might not be compatible i tried another fresh install of windows same execution delete partition create install OS and this Laptop crashes, random pattern on screen / blue screen time without installing the drivers it crashed again after a few hours sometimes it crashes immediately after turning it on from cold start is there someone who can give me an advice on this is this somehow caused by dust accumulating inside the laptop or is it already busted nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Well heres the story..

The d/c jack on my laptop broke, i bought a new one off ebay and now it will charge ect.

The night before i plugged the new d/c jack in, i took the screen out of my laptop and tried it in a different laptop (because the other ones screen was broke and i was testing nothing else broke)

But now when i have put my laptop back together, the laptop powers on and loads windows as normally (presumably - hdd light starts flashing ect) but nothing is on the screen.

What could be the problem?

A:Laptop screen doesn't come on!

Many things could be the problem.

We would like to help, but...
We need more information in order to help.

If you would read these posts, you will find clues for how best to help us, so that we can help you.

Please post again, with more information, so we aren't shooting in the dark.
Relevancy 54.18%

PC info from another thread http forums techguy org windows-xp -media-center-not-working html post The other day a blue screen screen error/driver Solved: Blue wont normally PC windows is load disabled/desktop error appeared on my PC about ati dvag infinite loop I looked online for Solved: Blue screen error/driver is disabled/desktop PC wont load windows normally help and came across a number of different forums Most of the responses stated that Solved: Blue screen error/driver is disabled/desktop PC wont load windows normally possibly my driver needed updating From looking at the Display Driver in the Device Manager I was able to see that I have an ATI Radeon X I went to the amd website to update my driver and whilst Solved: Blue screen error/driver is disabled/desktop PC wont load windows normally doing so I got a message saying it couldnt locate a specific file Then the installation wizard appeared and I followed the steps but then I got a message stating that the one I have installed is not digitally signed and it could affect the performance I had no idea what this meant but the warning message put me off so I cancelled it I then tried to open Media Centre but I was unable to watch live TV because I kept getting an error message the video card had an error or was not installed properly so I went back to the Device Manager and the icon on the first drive indicated the device had been disabled red x and the second driver indicated the device wasnt responding working properly exclamation mark in a yellow triangle so I reinserted the installation CD and opened setup It was successful so I tried to open MC again but I got another blue screen error When I tried to start Windows again my PC was extremely slow The icons that appear in the lower tray on the right hand side would not load and then it would just hang I tried everything from booting in Safe Mode with Networking and Command Prompt but it was the same thing it would just hang and then freeze periodically It took me - minutes to open System Properties just by right clicking My Computer gt Properties gt Device Manager and the window would open but then it would stop responding I tried System Restore check disk even VGA boot but nothing seems to work Im currently using my sisters laptop to write this thread so I have limited access to the internet nbsp

A:Solved: Blue screen error/driver is disabled/desktop PC wont load windows normally
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a Compaq Presario CQ56 with Windows 7. A couple months back my notebook refused to start up after the Welcome screen. It became stuck on a black screen with the cursor. Safe mode with and without networking also refused to load. We eventually fixed the problem by doing a system restore to the manufacturers settings, but start up has been slower than usual ever since.

A few days ago it began to do it again. This time, however, I was able to access safe mode. After restarting several times, I only managed to get my notebook to start up fully after taking out the battery and letting it load up just plugged into the wall. I put the battery back in but I haven't restarted it since in case the problem repeats and the battery removal method doesn't work.

I don't know what the problem is. Any suggestions?

A:Laptop won't load after welcome screen

Check your hard drive status first by running a diagnostic test. If your laptop supports from BIOS setup, please run the short and long test for any errors or passed results.