Windows Support Forum

Computer turns on, turns off then turns back on but has no video output

Q: Computer turns on, turns off then turns back on but has no video output

After getting a couple blue screens I am having the following issue When I turn my computer on the fans and drives all start up After approx seconds the computer shuts itself off After another seconds the computer turns itself back on again This time it stays on but i have no monitor output I don t hear a beep video Computer on has turns then turns no output off back on, turns but which tells me it is probably not posting I have read a few other threads that have a similar issue but not the same I am thinking it is either the mobo GPU or PSU I would like any guidance and assistance that you guys can give me on this specifically what i should look at first and how to diagnose Thanks system specs below ASUS P Q Pro ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core Duo E GHz LGA W Dual-Core Processor EVGA GeForce GTX Core -P - -AR Video Card Antec EA W Power Supply OCZ GB x GB -Pin DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Memory nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer turns on, turns off then turns back on but has no video output

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Computer turns on, turns off then turns back on but has no video output

Motherboard Short

I have helped somebody who had a similar issue and it was the motherboard being shorted out by the case. We took the motherboard out of the case and it booted up just fine. Something you might want to try before purchasing new components.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turns-on-turns-off-then-turns-back-on-but-has-no-video-output.152198/
Relevancy 107.57%

Ok so I m computer and back right on then turns turns off having a problem with building my computer I used to have a working gaming pc but i decided to upgrade so i upgraded my case my motherboard and my PSU After i re-built everything and was planning on turning it on all the fans started spinning and the Led s turned computer turns on and then turns right back off on but only for about seconds it then turned off What i figured out is that whenever my CPU cable is plugged in this happens but when it is unplugged it doesn t shut off but also no Bios shows up The HSF always spins very slowly and slowly stops working My Motherboard doesn t have onboard graphics so i need a GPU Pleeeeeaaaase help me i really want it to work and sorry for the nooby question I have seen similar problems on other Forums but i didn t quite get it and i thought with my specifications it would be easier for me to understand Here are my specs Motherboard gigabyte FXA-UD PSU Corsair RM Processor AMD FX GPU AMD radeon vtx d and case probably unnecessary thermaltake level gt snow edition And ps Pleeeeaaaase help nbsp

A:computer turns on and then turns right back off

Processor: AMD FXClick to expand...

You didn't fully describe the AMD FX processor you have. Here is the supported list of FX processors for that motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-on-and-then-turns-right-back-off.1130433/
Relevancy 105.71%

I HAVE READ OTHER SIMILAR THREADS ------ My PC actually has the fans turns few shuts after on off seconds, PC retarded, back turns lights AND can t even get anywhere on the BIOS gb ram GT GHz Intel Pentium D gb HD CD ROM Foxconn P A mobo My mom took my PC away from me I got it back and it is retarded now I start the PC the fans come on lights are all good then PC turns retarded, shuts off after few seconds, turns back on about - seconds it shuts off and then comes back on by itself When I turn the power on the monitor does not show anything at all I have tried many of different things Different PSU problem is not the PSU D C the CD ROM HD so it can t be one of those as PC turns retarded, shuts off after few seconds, turns back on a failure stick of RAM my memory is fine Checked ALL of my cables they are connected properly checked many of times unconnected then reconnected alot Replaced the grease between heat sink CPU can t be my CPU or overheating problem Heat sink Fan is properly mounted not loose at all and is flat All of the aluminum capacitors on the mother board are perfectly fine not leaking and PC turns retarded, shuts off after few seconds, turns back on are on proper Reset the mother board a few times well thats MOST of the stuff I have done there is probably more but I can t think of what else I have tried at the moment And BTW can t access BIOS so don t ask if I can get into it Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:PC turns retarded, shuts off after few seconds, turns back on

Reset the mother board a few times....Click to expand...

Do you mean you have tried resetting the bios jumper, on the Motherboard?
If not do that.

Also, have you tried disconnecting all HDD; Floppy; CD data cables (from the motherboard end (actually I'd do case fan too and front USB connection to motherboard)
If this works, you will need to put one back in at a time, until you find the problem

Usually this fault is related to faulty Ram or CPU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-turns-retarded-shuts-off-after-few-seconds-turns-back-on.100697/
Relevancy 103.54%

Hey guys I need help, during startup Windows Firewall turns off upon system startup and then turns back on a few minutes later, then network connections open up to finish up my bootup process. I have SP3, and this little problem is causing my computer to startup slowly significantly. I have tried scanning for viruses and spyware and have found none, so I really don't know what's causing this to happen.

A:Firewall turns off and upon startup and then turns back on

That's normal, in my experience.

Not just with Windows firewall but any other firewall I've played with...the network connection is the last line of system defense when the system boots.

The firewall won't allow contact with the Internet...until the system is totally setup and out of danger. The firewall activates (along with the other startup items), then the network connection is made.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/348323/firewall-turns-off-and-upon-startup-and-then-turns-back-on/
Relevancy 103.54%

Seems I have the same issues as "someonedying" had,

here's my spec.

CPU - Intel Core i5 760 - LGA1156
MoBo - ASUSTeK P7P55D-E LX
RAM - 2pcs of Corsair Dual-Channel DDR3 2GB
VidCard - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470
PSU - Fortron/FSP Everest 80Plus 800

when I turn my computer on, all the lights, the fans together with the MoBo lights turns on for 1 second, then it turns off for 3-4 seconds then turns on again until the OS loads..

when I restart my computer, this doesn't happen anymore.. It only occur when I completely turn the computer and UPS off..

I bought this system a month ago. I have to option to bring this to the shop where I bought it but I want to know what the possible issues are.. Most of computer shops here in our country replaces some parts w/o the owner's knowledge.. >.<

Please help.. Thanks =)

A:My PC, turns off for 3 seconds after turning on then turns back on

Seriously, I'd take this back to the shop and have them fix this at their expense. I would also take note of the parts you have now and compare them when it is returned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-turns-off-for-3-seconds-after-turning-on-then-turns-back-on.157147/
Relevancy 103.54%

Hello I m looking for some advice and guidance I am not a technical expert on computer hardware I understand the basics and that s about the extent of it My current PC is a Dell desktop tower it runs Windows it uses an Intel Core Duo processor It is a few years old I d estimate or years old I plug my PC into a Belkin surge protector multi-outlet device which plugs into the wall electrical outlet My problem is that recently the PC randomly has been instantly powering-down and then a few seconds later powering-up again and rebooting This happens twice or turns then randomly turns quickly PC off on itself back times a day on average I have no explanation for it I do know that it s highly annoying and I m concerned and want to do something to fix this problem before any permanent damage occurs to PC randomly turns off then quickly turns itself back on my PC Last week I searched the internet PC randomly turns off then quickly turns itself back on briefly for advice and the two possible causes that popped-up in search results were A overheating or B issues with the power cord Given that over the past week in my spare time I have totally rerouted all the cords and wires behind PC randomly turns off then quickly turns itself back on my computer desk to ensure that no wires were tangling pulling or weighing-down on the power cord for my PC I also totally dusted out the cabinet and backside of the PC tower and gently vacuumed the quot fan quot area on the back of the PC to ensure it was free of dust and lint I removed some random objects from the PC cabinet CD s mice keyboard etc to ensure that there was plenty of quot airflow quot around the PC tower presumably to ensure no overheating I rerouted several electronics that previously shared the Belkin multi-outlet device to another electrical outlet in the room I m not sure if any of these actions was helpful or not but I know that my PC is still having the same original power-off power-on issue no change I also updated and ran the quot Malwarebytes quot anti-malware software and the full scan showed no infections problems identified I am at a loss at this point and would appreciate any help or advice I ve owned several PC s over the past decade or so and I ve never encountered this problem with any of them nbsp

Relevancy 102.3%

I have an external DVD CDRW drive that keeps being added then removed added then removed. That is all that it does. You know how Windows XP does. It plays that little two tone sound each time a device is added or removed...it is so annoying. I cannot use the drive as it does not stay "added" long enough. I am stumped...I have never heard anything like it. Have you?

A:External DVD CDRW Drive turns off, turns on, turns off...etc.

Did the unit ship with drivers? ?
It also might be a cable issue. Inspect that cable or try a new one and or another USB port. If you have it on the front of the case try it on a rear USB port. I've seen machines where the front ports carried less power than the rear ones.

patio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-dvd-cdrw-drive-turns-off-turns-on-turns-off-etc.24677/
Relevancy 99.51%

Hi

My friends computer turns on for 5 seconds and turns off and during that 5 seconds preiod the computer makes a weird noise like beping sound.
His computer is Dell and its XP iam affarid i dont have much of his computers specs. If any one can suggest how he could solve it.

thank you for reading and helping

A:my friends computer turns on for 5 seconds and turns off again automaticly plz help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-friends-computer-turns-on-for-5-seconds-and-turns-off-again-automaticly-plz-help.850533/
Relevancy 97.65%

So, I installed Vista yesterday and it was working like a charm and last night I turned the computer off.

I woke up this morning, pressed the power button, lights/fans/computer came on for a few seconds (3 seconds approximately) and then the computer just shut off instantly, then another 3 secondsish later it turned back on and did the same thing, and it keeps doing it.
The only way I could fix it was by unplugging the power cable and turning off the switch at the power socket, I thought it may was a one-off thing.

I left the computer on, got back about 6 hours later and the computer was off (nobody turned it off, no power blackouts etc), I turned it on and it did the same thing. So I had to turn it off at the power etc and it boots up fine and it works.

This wasn't happening until I installed Vista.

Thanks in advance.

A:Computer turns on for a few seconds then turns off [loop]

I just realised, I haven't been shutting the computer down, just been clicking the power button in the Start Menu (which I have just realised isn't shut down - hovered over it: Keeps your session in memory and puts the computer in a low-power state so that you can quickly resume working). I'm fair sure this is "Sleep" (Vista noob).
I just went into Power Options and saw that Sleep was set to 1 hour, so I'm assuming:

* Last night I put my computer into sleep
* Today it went into sleep by itself (after 1 hour)

Therefore it's a problem with the sleep mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-turns-on-for-a-few-seconds-then-turns-off-loop-388872.html
Relevancy 97.65%

My computer turns off then pressed again and turns on fine. This maybe due i went cheap and got a psu with case but i believe it needs to warm up for it to turn on.

Thanks for the help!

Relevancy 94.24%

hello im trying to figure out what is causing this this problem in for few own turns a turns on on computer its Solved: then off my computer i just got a new asrock g m-s r mother board because my old motherboards pci slot stopped working and now after putting everything together the computer will turn on for about seconds and then shuts itself off this is really frustrating any help would be appreciated edit i also want to mention that i bought new ram with the motherboard Edit i Solved: computer turns on for a few then turns off on its own also got it to go into bios once but it shut off while i was in it as well Ok so another edit after searching the forums i have been trying many things to find the problem still cant figure it out tho things i have tried i have removed everything from the motherboard such as Graphics card sound card hard drive dvd drives and the ram even the front panel usb i did this by taking them out one by one never putting them back in and testing by turning it back on this is still very frustrating any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 94.24%

I leave my computer on for a long times like 1-4 weeks at a time so that may be part of the problem but it doesn't get really hot (it has 7 fans so yea) but back to the problem when its started i turned it on and i wasn't looking and then it turned off (still not looking) and it turned off again and then it on (looking this time) and i saw it booting up then i saw it froze at the windows 7 logo and then either i turned it off or it turned its self off then. Now when i turn it on it turns its self off after few seconds. but when i leave it alone for a day it stays on for 5-15 seconds.
If you can please help me!
my specs: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-AMD-FX-8350-4-0GHZ-16GB-DDR3-500GB-38496000-/201156598215?

Relevancy 94.24%

First off hello fellow tech peoples Now to business Specs - ASUS Maximus Vi Hero - Intel i - k - NVIDIA GTX Ti - x GB RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum - Corsair H i - Corsair RM PSU The Issue As I ve mentioned the computer either goes -OR- Off Computer On Contin On and Turns Twice and Off Turns into two states it either starts up fine until about error code - CSM Initialization then pops back down to and shuts off It then proceeds to turn on again for a split second before turning all the way off and never back on again The second state is that it turns off again at error code and turns back on but it will infinitely repeat this process Both states do not display anything on screen and do not boot into the BIOS screen Tried and failed solutions - I ve already checked up on the POST Checklist and Computer Turns On and Off Twice -OR- Turns On and Off Contin tried all solutions - Everything is firmly connected everything that CAN be connected IS connected - I ve tried to start it up with every combination of RAM sticks in all slots in slots and a single slot as well as none at all still get the error no RAM installed gives me error - All components are firmly seated in their respective slots - The PSU is a newly acquired one straight out of the box - I ve disconnected each component and tested it without them and have still received the same problem - I ve tried resetting the CMOS battery to no avail - I initially believed it to be an inoperable case fan but I got that working and it still gives me the same problem - I ve also tried plugging in the PSU to both a wall outlet and surge protector Both haven t had any effect If it helps a bit prior to this problem when starting up the computer only the PSU fan would spin for a split second No power to the rest of the motherboard just to the PSU and it wouldn t power on again unless I unplugged the PSU s main cable from the wall I ve been tearing my ears off trying to get this thing to work for the past hours at this point I m absolutely spent I m starting to think that it might be the motherboard that s gone AWOL but I can t tell for sure Any help regarding this is extremely appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-on-and-off-twice-or-turns-on-and-off-contin.1157475/
Relevancy 94.24%

okay so i am able to turn my computer on for a few seconds but then it automatically shuts itself off after a few seconds but the thing is after letting it sit for a couple seconds it says something about how the clocks on my processor have been overclocked too high and asks if it wants me to restore them, so i do that and then the computer works fine, but then when i turn it off and turn it back on it does the exact same thing until i get that message again.

any ideas on how i can fix this?

i've tried manually reducing the clocks on my cpu even though they were already at stock clocks and that didnt work

system specs:
windows 7 ultimate 64bit
intel core 2 quad q6600 @ 2.4ghz standard clocks
4gb ddr2-800 ram
ati hd 4760 1gb ddr3

please and thank you

A:computer turns on for a few seconds then turns off

Try resetting the bios on the motherboard.

You can do this by opening up the computer and remove the battery and then reinstall. There are also a jump to do the samething, but you have to look at your motherboards manual /user guide to see where it's located.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/246355-computer-turns-few-seconds-then-turns-off.html
Relevancy 94.24%

When I boot up my computer or restart, and not always but most times, audio from my home web page of ESPN comes on. No web pages have been opened. I can adjust the audio. If I go to the web page I can see which videos the audio came from and if I open them they are behind. It just goes away after a bit 5-10 minutes. Any way to know which port is open or if there is a problem. I am on DSL.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/when-computer-turns-on-web-audio-turns-on-305448.html
Relevancy 94.24%

So when I plug the LAN cord in to the computer the lights on the LAN card turn on. But when I turn on the computer the LAN card turns off. I've installed the most recent drivers and still nothing. Is there something that I am missing?

A:Lan Card Turns off When computer turns on?!

Make and model of computer?
Make and model of the LAN card?

What, if any, error messages are you getting?
Have you gone into Properties for the LAN card to see if it has any diagnostics?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-card-turns-off-when-computer-turns-on.876462/
Relevancy 93.31%

So I can't turn on my Optiplex 755 through the regular power button.  I have to hold the power supply test button on the back, and then press the on button.  The computer then stays on, but I don't get any video output.  No BIOS beeps or anything.  Not sure what's going on.  The service tag is
<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

A:Optiplex 755 only turns on through power supply button, no video output.

Power supply problem?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19434634
Relevancy 92.38%

Hi I m having trouble with two of my desktops Desktop Problem When all cords and such are plugged in I press the power button The desktop turns on for about - seconds and then HELP! restarts turns repeatedly, black turns on to on and screen Desktop other restarts The bios doesn t flash the os doesn t boot As far as I can tell the desktop restarts indefinitely Any ideas what s going on here --Desktop Type HP Pavilion a W I found someone with a similar problem here Desktop Problem HELP! Desktop turns on and restarts repeatedly, other turns on to black screen I bought some M Dust Remover a few days ago I disconnected power along with everything else from a desktop of mine Pulled the cover off and started blowing the dust out of the case I put everything back together plugged it in and the desktop doesn t work It boots to a blank screen with the the power and hard drive led s stuck on on the front of the desktop The led on the back of the power supply turns on I can hear the hard drive spin up it detects the cd dvd drives floppy drive and then just hangs with the led s stuck on Anyone have an idea what might be going on here --Desktop Type Compaq Presario S NX Thanks for the help I m hoping to get atleast one of these back online w o buying a whole new desktop -Chris nbsp

A:HELP! Desktop turns on and restarts repeatedly, other turns on to black screen

Hi&#8230;.

Desktop 1:

Do you see anything on your screen at all while this is happening?

Have you tried to press the setup key to see if the BIOS will come up and make changes?

Do you have any USB devices (other than keyboard or mouse) hooked up? If so, try disconnecting them and see if it will at least POST or attempt to go into the OS.

WARNING: Before checking the capacitors, disconnect the power cord on your system and press & hold the POWER button to allow the power to discharge! Also, you should always ground yourself before touching computer components to prevent static discharge!

Just FYI, some of the motherboards in this series of HP&#8217;s have issues with the capacitors.

You should take a look at the capacitors to see if the tops of them are raised or discolored. Also, if you put your finger on the top of the capacitors, they should feel as if they are INDENTED and not flush or raised. Raising or discoloration (up to and including a black tar looking substance on the tops indicate a leaking capacitor).

Desktop 2:

Any POST sounds (beeps) produced at all?

Have you tried the monitor from Desktop 1 on this one?

Anything at all displayed on the monitor, to include CHECK CABLE message?

Recommendation: Open the case again and ensure that all the cards, memory, drive cables and so forth are all connect properly and not loose or dislodged.

Do you know how to RESET your BIOS to default using the onboard jumpers?

Here is a detailed link on troubleshooting this issue:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...cc=us&dlc=en&product=338684&rule=4566&lang=en

Thanks and keep us up-to-date!

Shane

Found another good link:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...788&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=338684&lang=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-desktop-turns-on-and-restarts-repeatedly-other-turns-on-to-black-screen.666195/
Relevancy 91.45%

Trying to build a system for my brother. I put the 3200+ Athlon XP CPU in and with the heatsink. It turns on for maybe a few seconds and then turns off.

People were saying heatsink but I have tried it on 2, one is the ALK-800A, then some CoolerMaster one. I have to admit the CoolerMaster was originally from my 2100+ setup but still, it's all copper.

I do notice when I remove the CPU, it stays turned on. I know pretty sure this CPU works as I tested like hours before I put it in my brothers. Cant do that now since it was a quite a drive back home from college.

Jumpers? Settings? Anything?

Relevancy 91.45%

Referring to a Toshiba Tecra 9100, model no: PT910E-602SF-EN

The power button normally doesn?t turn it on at all, though occasionally it boots up normally, starts to load windows, then always cuts out after 5-15 seconds anyway.

It still charges up the batteries fine, but won?t turn on. I?ve checked the ram, hard-drive, and I re-set the bios to defaults - nothing stops it from cutting out if you can get it to turn on.

Any ideas what could be the problem? Any help appreciated, it?s the second time one I?ve had - the same problem last time!

Thanks

A:Tecra 9100 turns on intermittently, and turns off after 10-15 seconds

Hey,

Have you already tried cleaning the fan? Maybe a lot of dust is blocking the fan so the notebook can?t start and turns off itself due a higher temperature. It would be worth a try cleaning it.

But in my opinion you have everything done what you can do and it looks like a mainboard malfunction. If cleaning the fan doesn?t help I think the mainboard is defective or something else. If you are familiar with notebook disassembling you can try to repair it yourself with second hand parts. Otherwise it?s time for a new notebook I think?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?61352-Tecra-9100-turns-on-intermittently-and-turns-off-after-10-15-seconds
Relevancy 91.45%

Somtimes I turn it on and it stays on for about three seconds then turns off then on for another three seconds somtimes the lights are very dim red and the fan barly spins and most of the time it dosnt even turn on. Will this happend to me about three month ago and one day it just started working normally but now its been broken for a while and I tried to fix the power button I seen that was the problem on some forums but that didn't work I tried alot of things but nothing seems to work and just turned it off one day and it stopped working so i dont know if its the power source but just give me something to try please.

A:My comp turns on for 5seconds and turns off or dosnt turn on at all

Have you tried checking on the fan/ ventilation? i use to have this problem with my P3. fan was jam with debris/ dust. when i boot up, it was fine, once i go in to window it freeze. After i got the fan moving (cleaning the dust) it works fine.

Hope it works for you.

Oh, Zenosincks mght have a point there too. Thought my experience was on the CPU. Cheers,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-comp-turns-on-for-5seconds-and-turns-off-or-dosnt-turn-on-at-all.99341/
Relevancy 89.59%

I just swapped my PSU and GPU with RMA ones, swapped out all power cables with new ones and reconnected everything.Tested PSU by itself. It works.It was working prior to me taking out the parts for RMA, but one of those hardware were causing shut-downs.Now when I push the button power after putting in the new parts and connecting everything, it'll start up then stays shut off with the 2 phase LEDs lit up. A green and a yellow.Any suggestions to what the problem is?

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158604.0.html
Relevancy 89.59%

Today i got this Gateway W350a T-Series T-1625 Notebook,
the client told me tha it just stopped working .
so i turn her on an the fan starts for about 3 seconds the lights
turn on too but then she turns off the screen stays black because
it turns off so quick has anybody had this issue before ?Im going
to take her apart and make sure everything is ok inside but im allways
looking for advised.

Thanks for any help in advanced

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-notebook-turns-off-for-a-quick-second-than-turns-off.1044369/
Relevancy 88.97%

Hi all,

For a while now, my parents computer has been switching itself back on, but only as long as its connected to the net. Can anyone think of a reason its been happening? They're running XP with SP2 or 3 (Not entirely sure which)

Thanks,
Matthew

A:Computer turns itself back on

Have them download malwarebytes anti spyware and also spybot and run them.
Eliminate malware, by then someone may have another idea.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-turns-itself-back-on-376382.html
Relevancy 88.97%

My PC has decided to turn itself back on straight after I shut it down, as if shut down counts as restart. I've looked in the BIOS, power options etc, and see no reason for it doing this. Wake on Lan is disabled, 'reboot on error' option is disabled.
I get the same problem when holding down the power button to turn it off too.
This has been happening to months, and i'm sick of it now. The amount of power that it must have drained from being left on is ridiculous.

Any ideas?

A:Computer turns itself back on

Courtesy of Howard, take a look at this - http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turns-itself-back-on.90166/
Relevancy 88.04%

Hi you guys I'm having horrible computer problems This happened quot after quot comes then and back black turns Computer On on and Comes I loaded Computer Comes On and then turns black and comes back on up the new driver booster I've used Advanced System Care for a few Computer Comes On and then turns black and comes back on years and I just would hate not to have it I upgraded to the Advanced System Care and it asked if I wanted the driver booster I did and it loaded up a couple of new drivers After that my computer started locking up on me Then I turned it off and turned the computer back on and it came on just fine but after the welcome the screen goes black for about a minute then comes back on to windows It takes a long long time like fifteen minutes to get everything warmed up so that I can go on the web My web is plenty fast plenty but it locks up if I am more than one page I use to be able to have three or four tabs open doing many things this is driving me nuts I've tried uninstalling the driver booster and also I've done a system restore and other things trying to fix this I don't know what driver it installed and I'm no expert on computers I don't know what to do

A:Computer Comes On and then turns black and comes back on

Hello Ivvy.. Welcome to the Forums, I would use a restore pt and go back to when it worked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/311119-computer-comes-then-turns-black-comes-back.html
Relevancy 88.04%

hi i have a amd64 bit 4000 processor and a msi model number ms-7100 motherbroad and when i go to turn off the computer it turns it self back on.
could it be the power sluppy or what

A:computer turns itself back on after i shut it down

Check in your BIOS under "Wake On"/"Wake Up" events ("Wake" being the key word), probably under Power Management heading.

You may have it set to bring the system to life if there's any activity detected from a certain device like your mouse, keyboard or LAN connection etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-itself-back-on-after-i-shut-it-down.470173/
Relevancy 87.11%

I try to power up my laptop and it pops up the HP logo, sits there for a few seconds, then goes black and pops the HP logo back up. This is a continuous loop. I've tried a hard reset, no use. Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Computer-won-t-get-past-HP-logo-turns-off-then-back-to-HP/td-p/5732724
Relevancy 87.11%

This has happened to me a few times already The first time was shuts Computer turns suddenly off on and back in February Then it happened yesterday Today it happened again The symptoms are always the same The computer would suddenly shut off without warning The power light would go out completely but then it would turn itself back on The computer would make a Computer shuts off and turns back on suddenly weird noise Hard to explain It's like it's trying Computer shuts off and turns back on suddenly to run something But it's not the usual quot whirrrrr quot sound I typically hear when it's busy I wish I could explain it better Looking at the Event Logs I noticed this for each of the times it blacked out like this ACPI thermal zone ACPI ThermalZone THRM has been enumerated PSV K TC TC TSP ms AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K CRT K HOT K PSL - see Computer shuts off and turns back on suddenly event data Could this be an overheating issue Or maybe a power supply issue

A:Computer shuts off and turns back on suddenly

please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285887-computer-shuts-off-turns-back-suddenly.html
Relevancy 87.11%

Not sure if this is the right section but maybe someone can Turns after. shortly off, Powers Computer on back then help My PC has been fine for years to start if that matters no new hardware It will power off completely and then restart shortly after This only happens while playing Dota It could just be coincidence I also play it a lot compared to other games but it has never done this in any Computer Powers off, then Turns back on shortly after. other circumstance And it's happened about times now Apparently Dota is a CPU intensive game so maybe that helps Anyway I took a peak inside all the fans seem to be functional As far as my limited knowledge goes it doesn't seem like anything is overheating but the software I'm using HWMonitor doesn't seem to save anything if the computer crashes so I never get to see my heat levels before it crashes This is my current idling HWMonitor dump if this helps CPUID HWMonitor Report ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Binaries ------------------------------------------------------------------------- HWMonitor version Monitoring ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Mainboard Model SABERTOOTH P x D - x F DA LPCIO ------------------------------------------------------------------------- LPCIO Vendor Nuvoton LPCIO Model NCT LPCIO Vendor ID x CA LPCIO Chip ID xC LPCIO Revision ID x Config Mode I O address x E Config Mode LDN xB Config Mode registers A B C D E F FF FF FF FF FF FF B FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF C E FF FF C FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF Register space LPC base address x Hardware Monitors ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hardware monitor Nuvoton NCT Voltage Volts x F CPU VCORE Voltage Volts x F VIN Voltage Volts xD AVCC Voltage Volts xD VCC Voltage Volts x F VIN Voltage Volts xBA VIN Temperature C F x D SYSTIN Temperature C F x TMPIN Fan RPM x A CPUFANIN Hardware registers Register space LPC base address x bank A B C D E F C FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF C C C FF FF F F D D F FF BA D FF FF FF DA FF FF FF FF FF FE FF FF F FF D FF FF FF A FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF C FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF A FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF F F FF C C C A A A A A AA EF FF C A E FF FF B C C C FF C D FF FF FF FF FF D FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF E FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF F FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF bank FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF bank FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF bank FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF bank FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF bank FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF bank FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF bank FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF Hardware monitor ACPI Temperature C F xBC TZ Temperature C F xBD TZ Hardware monitor NVIDIA NVAPI Voltage Volts x VIN Power pc GPU Temperature C F x TMPIN Fan RPM x FANIN Fan PWM pc xC FANPWMIN Clock Speed MHz x F Graphics Clock Speed MHz x F Memory Processors ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Number of processors Number of threads APICs ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Processor -- Core -- Thread -- Thread -- Core -- Thread -- Thread -- Core -- Thread -- Thread -- Core -- Thread -- Thread Timers ------------------------------------------------------------------------- ACPI timer MHz HPET timer MHz Perf timer MHz Sys timer KHz Processors Information ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Processor ID Number of cores max Number of threads max Name Intel Core i K Codename Sandy Bridge Specification Intel R Core TM i ... Read more

A:Computer Powers off, then Turns back on shortly after.

Apparently the edit post thing isn't working.

Anyway, to add - I also did a stress/burn test on RAM (allocated all memory) & CPU/GPU and after 10 minutes at 100% nothing crashed.

I'm no expert (at all!) but it kinda sounds to me like a PSUP problem but apparently testing this would require a special device so I'm wondering if anyone here would be able to help me figure this out.

If you have played dota2 you know how bleepty it is to crash in the middle of a game.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623550/computer-powers-off-then-turns-back-on-shortly-after/
Relevancy 87.11%

Hi there I ve got a bit of an odd problem and am at a total loss When I attempt to power up my system it turns on then it turns off then it turns on again and stays on However it never POST s i e Blank screen Here s the system specs Asus P K Deluxe Motherboard Intel P chipset Intel Q CPU GB of RAM XFX GeForce GT Fatal ty Antec P Case The motherboard CPU and memory posted at the store The store mounted them for me I have no hard drives or CD drives hooked in at the moment I ve tried using a graphics card from another machine that I know works and it doesn t change what happens I ve tried a different PSU All I can think of is that I somehow screwed then and POST back Computer itself turns fails off to on, up the mobo CPU ram when I installed it or I ve hooked something up wrong Could hooking up a power switch or a bad power switch on the case cause any of this I d greatly Computer turns itself off and back on, then fails to POST appreciate any thoughts you guys can offer nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-itself-off-and-back-on-then-fails-to-post.641579/
Relevancy 87.11%

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but i was wondering if anyone could help me with my computer A few days ago when i went to turn on my computer it powered on but didnt post then seconds later it powered itself off Right after this it proceeded My turns Help please, computer turns off then itself on to cycle through powering itself on and off continuously till i shut it off Nothing appears on the screen and all the fans are spinning When i tried to replace the power supply it seemed to be fixed and i used the computer for an hour or so before it froze i reset it and from that point on it has Help please, My computer turns on then turns itself off gone back to powering on and off again I ve had the computer for about - years and if it helps the specs are as follows Intel CPU not Help please, My computer turns on then turns itself off overclocked Gigabyte GA-X -DS XFX GTX Cosair x mb DDR Ram Coolermaster PSU w RS- -asaa-a GB SATA Harddrive I havent replaced any parts in the computer at all Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 87.11%

my computer turns on,, i see the windows windows xp logo but then it turns off by it self.help!!!

A:my computer turns on but then it turns off

Don't worry - This is a common issue - I ask, can you boot into the OS using SAFE MODE?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-turns-on-but-then-it-turns-off-363999.html
Relevancy 86.49%

Hello I own Toshiba Satellite C55-C1984.

Immediatlty after I turn on my laptop, it turns off and turns on again after few seconds with no apparent reason.

Should I worry about this?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91055-Satellite-C55-C1984-turns-off-and-turns-on-again
Relevancy 86.49%

I have an older Compaq laptop that usually works fine, but now when I press the power button it just lights up a few of the lights, makes an odd beeping noise and immediately turns off. Nothing appears on the display and it never goes farther than that. I?ve tried a "hard reset" and reseating the ram modules, but neither worked and I have no idea where to go from here.

A:laptop turns on for 1-2 seconds then turns off

Welcome nabbed_clones.

Could you mention the make and model of your laptop please and explain what the odd beeping noise is (e.g., is it a quick one beep noise, or long beep noise, or many different beeps?) Any other sounds?

(Have you tried turning on the laptop with the mains power plugged in and the battery out?).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-turns-on-for-1-2-seconds-then-turns-off-582508.html
Relevancy 86.49%

my laptop turns on then suddenly turns off after few seconds. any suggestion regarding this issue? is this a common issue on hp laptop? thanks in advance. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/my-laptop-turns-on-then-suddenly-turns-off/td-p/5761152
Relevancy 86.18%

My computer keeps turning back on immediately after shutting down.  I have tried many fixes but none of them are working.
I went to the command prompt window and typed in "powercfg -lastwake", it didn't find anything.  I also typed in "powercfg -devicequery wake_armed".  It only displayed NONE.  I checked if there were any wake timers active, but there aren't any.  I've made it so that my mouse, keyboard and network adapter can't wake the computer.  I also had a look through the BIOS, and it doesn't look like wake on lan is active.
I have no idea what to do.  Please help!
My specs are:
motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0
Processor: amd fx-8350
Ram: 16gb
If any additional specs are required, let me know. Thank you in advance.

A:Computer turns back on immediately after shutting down, windows 8.1

I just tried unplug my power supply and I plugged it into a different outlet and it works now.  Not quite sure why but I guess it's fixed.
Thanks anyway!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/609365/computer-turns-back-on-immediately-after-shutting-down-windows-81/
Relevancy 86.18%

A few days ago, my computer stopped sleeping. When I press the sleep button, my screens will fade to black, and then just turn back on again after a few seconds. I can't think of anything that changed to cause this. I have tried:
Sleeping from the command line (same result as button)
Closing amp WinOFF (had this for a while, but just to be sure)
Disabling Wake-On-Lan
Unplugging nonessential devices
System restore - Failed
Unplugging my DP monitor, in case it was that weird power issue I've heard about
The only think I can think of that might have caused it is a system update. Does anyone either know how to fix this, or a place I could find an error log? I couldn't find anything myself in Event Viewer, but I'm not an expert at it. Also I doubt this is worth noting, but it sets my Skype to offline. System specs are relevant. Any ideas?

A:Computer turns back on 3-5 seconds after pressing sleep

Tried this? Lastwake Command

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/347558-computer-turns-back-3-5-seconds-after-pressing-sleep.html
Relevancy 86.18%

Hello team About since the beginning of this week My computer would without reason turn off the screen goes black and reboots This has happened about times now this week but prior to that it has never done this At first my primary suspect in my mind was Firefox Flash Shockwave because the time the shut-off happens it's when I was online I updated all software and reduced hardware acceleration in response However the last time this has happened I was not online so I'm ruling Firefox and Shockwave out I ran some heat tests with SpeedFan and my cores and GPU seem optimal unless occasionally exceeding C is a problem so I can probably rule overheating out it's not like the fans roar before the computer shuts off I did virus scans Screen) Computer Shuts Turns And Back (black On Off and they came up clean I have Computer Shuts Off And Turns Back On (black Screen) a Dell Studio XPS MT that has approached its th year this summer All of its hardware is stock except the power supply I had it replaced around May of this year because the original died out unexpectedly However since that time I had no problems with the new one I could give the name of the power supply but I don't have it on-hand at the moment Thank you for any assistance you can provide

A:Computer Shuts Off And Turns Back On (black Screen)

Hi Welcome to PCHF,

The following will help gathering some more information from the system...

Download MiniToolBox and save the file to the Desktop.
Close the browser and run the tool, check the following options:
List last 10 Event Viewer logList Devices (select Only Problems)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Minidump FilesList Restore Points
Click on Go.

Post the resulting log in your next reply.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-vista/118894-computer-shuts-off-turns-back-black-screen.html
Relevancy 86.18%

Sorry about wall of text but its a pretty deep on randomly automatically down Computer back and turns shuts itself problemThis Computer randomly shuts down and turns itself back on automatically problem started about weeks after I built my PC One day it just went poof and turned itself off seconds later it automatically turns itself Computer randomly shuts down and turns itself back on automatically back on I went into my windows and turned off the setting that means it automatically restarts after power loss but it will still turn on on its own I managed to fix this issue for about a month by opening it up just fiddling about things like pushing cables like CPU power and mobo power and then I unplugged it from my surge protector and into my wall socket It was absolutely fine for a month I could play the most intensive games temps are not a problem and nothing would happen However a month passed and then one day it turned off and turned itself on again I am stumped My educated guess would be that it's the PSU acting up but I am not sure why I fixed it for a month I have noticed that every time I open up the computer and fiddle inside I seem to hold off the shutdowns for a week or a few days I have run memtest for about passes with no errors and I have not yet seen it shutdown when not in windows It hasn't shut down in safe mode or in the bios however I havent tested it for very long My motherboard was already replaced before the build as it was DOA and I have run stress tests on the GPU and CPU nothing happened Any help is greatly appreciated my main question is why was I able to stop the shutdowns for a month and why is it that every time I fiddle about inside I can stop it for a bit longer What I have done so far Ran Memtest for pass updated bios stress tested CPU stress tested GPU turned it off and on again SpecsGTX I k ghz gb ram mhzXFX W bronze edition semi-modular PSUCoolermaster hyper EVO Edit - Just checked Speccy and my total physical ram is GB but my available physical ram is GB Could this be a RAM problem I'm going to run Memtest for a few more passes tonight - NVM it goes up to when I am not on google chrome and I'm guessing GB is being given to other things

A:Computer randomly shuts down and turns itself back on automatically

Hi,

Based on your information, you may have an issue with your reset button. As you built the PC, you're aware of where that is connected to your motherboard. Please disconnect it completely and see if that makes a difference.

I'm not sure by your description if when you "shut down" the PC yourself, if the PC stays off. Could you verify that. I'm guessing that what you're describing is the PC is not shutting off, but rather doing a restart or reset.

You haven't indicated if the Windows is giving you any BSOD or other message, or if it just goes black, and restarts. Please provide that as well.

Let me know,

Kurt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550338/computer-randomly-shuts-down-and-turns-itself-back-on-automatically/
Relevancy 86.18%

Hi support guy forum users,
Quick, question: I recently ran across scenario with a friend. His computer, during operation, randomly shuts off and the cmos resets back to factory default.

Specs:
CPU: AMD 1700 XP
MOBO: Elitegroup (ECS) K7S5A
RAM: 2.0 gig
HDD: Maxtor 80 gig w/ 8mb cache
PSU: Antec True Power 400 Watt

The only testing I performed was taking it home and set it for full operation for 3 days as a mini file server. There was no problem, seem to be only happening in his area. Could it be an outlet problem or should I just switch the PSU? Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

Mark

A:Computer turns off and CMOS reset back to default

[tsg=welcome][/tsg]

As far as the CMOS reverting back to the factory defaults, it sounds like the Battery may be going dead on the motherboard. I would look into getting a replacement.

The randomly shutting of could be a multitude of things, although with it running fine at your place, I'm leaning towards a power problem, not with the PSU but with the actual power feeding the unit. It sounds like the power is spiking high or sags low... whenever it sags low it is shutting down the machine. I I would suggest a UPS (universal Power supply) also known as a battery backup... a small one would condition the power enough to regulate all of the spikes and sags.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-off-and-cmos-reset-back-to-default.139348/
Relevancy 86.18%

I have a HP Probook 4730s and it has an i7 processor, 8gb ram, 700GB HDD. I have this new software program called Corel Videostudio Pro. I am in the middle of rendering a large 20GB HD video and all of a sudden the computer shuts off. And the weird thing is that I cannot turn it back on, even when plugged in. I can only turn it back on when I remove the battery and replace it.
What can I do to finish this rendering of my video without the computer shutting down?
James

A:Computer turns off, can only turn on when battery removed and put back in?

Install this software CPUID Hardware Monitor and check your system temps when you are rendering the video, I suspect an overheating issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-off-can-only-turn-on-when-battery-removed-and-put-back-in.1034978/
Relevancy 85.87%

i have a compaq presario 5310us with a tr100 motherboard in it......the computer was working fine and then all the sudden i turned the computer on and there is no video.......the fans and cpu fan all turn on , but, there is no beeps or anything. like it aint even posting. this computer has onboard video on it. so i tried a pci video card in the slot and the monitor screen still does not come on. also, on the keyboard the numlock light flashes at a steady beat. ive tried clearing the cmos and new battery, new sticks of memory,other power supplies,other monitors as well and all to no avail. if anybody has some tips for me to what could be causing this i would greatly appreciate your advice. thank you for all of your help.

A:Computer turns on but no video

The 5310us does not have a good history. Motherboards fail. Perhaps it is time to upgrade to something that is not a Compaq.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turns-on-but-no-video.133685/
Relevancy 85.87%

GA-k86760M mb
9800pro radeon
512 mb ram

tried using both onboard video and then a video card. neither generated any output.

no post beeps.

another minor note- if I hit the power button, it'll turn on, but I can't use that to make it turn off

A:new computer turns on, no video

acpo said:

GA-k86760M mb
9800pro radeon
512 mb ram

tried using both onboard video and then a video card. neither generated any output.

no post beeps.

another minor note- if I hit the power button, it'll turn on, but I can't use that to make it turn offClick to expand...

w/o a post beep you'll never get video, so more info would be needed, power suplly make model watts, is this a new build and has never worked or is this a new condition. Are we talking blank screen with a amber light on the monitor right. This could be bad psu, or bad mob/cpu, bad ram should still get you a beep code. Do you have the case speaker plugged in?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-computer-turns-on-no-video.342802/
Relevancy 85.25%

I am running Vista 64bit and every time i put my PC on sleep mode, it would turn back on automatically in a matter of seconds. How can I fix this?

A:Whenever I put computer to sleep mode, it automatically turns back on immediately

Anybody?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/252541/whenever-i-put-computer-to-sleep-mode-it-automatically-turns-back-on-immediately/
Relevancy 84.01%

hey all, I recently traded someone on craigslist for their desktop computer. (probably not the greatest idea, but oh well lol)

anyway, I can get the computer to turn on, but theres no signal at all to the monitor. I have my monitor's DVI cable plugged into the ati graphics card, but no luck. I can tell the card is getting power because the fan is on, but otherwise im confused.

can anyone help?

thanks!

A:turns on, but no output to monitor! :(

yes
I have the same problem. I have Nvidia 8800GTS 640MB & it was working fine until oneday when i restarted there is no display. The monitor screen blinks & the GPU fans rotates.
I checked my card on another system & it works fine
Probably your card is also fine I am Giving my Motherboard for RMA probably you should do the same

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/turns-on-but-no-output-to-monitor.791659/
Relevancy 82.15%

Hello all I m sorry if this is in the wrong forum as I m not sure what the problem is I m having a MASSIVE problem with my computer and as usual it s happened at the worst possible time need to complete and send off my job application today so I m really panicking What s happened is this Monday morning I turned on the computer walked off and came as on, no to Comp Please turns dead. help! if output monitor back with Comp turns on, no output to monitor as if dead. Please help! the desktop loaded Itunes was up as my ipod was plugged in to one of the two front USB ports but the ipod screen was not lit which is unusual The computer had crashed totally frozen as even the mouse wouldn t move There was a very short line of pixels next to the mouse that were shimmering I ve not seen this before I turned it off at the main switch then shortly back on again The fan would go and the disk drives would whir but there would not be any output to the monitor or any other response I called a technician to come out and he first took out and reinserted the ram card The computer turned on after this He Comp turns on, no output to monitor as if dead. Please help! plugged his pen Comp turns on, no output to monitor as if dead. Please help! drive into one of the front two USB ports to look at the dmp file on his laptop and the computer instantly crashed and rebooted- I ve had my pc for months and it s never done this He then swapped the ram card into the other slot It started and didn t seem to crash He ran a program that tested all aspects of the computer to see if it would crash under pressure but it didn t He was able to look at the dmp file and found it was a windows system error that caused it to crash It s been fine since then until last night I plugged my scanner into the front USB ports and it froze again with the same wiggly pixel line by the mouse And again after this it wouldn t turn on I took out and replaced the ram card- nothing I had turned off my scanner but not unplugged it I did this and the computer started What I noticed was different is that only one of the three lights on the front of the tower were lit when it wouldn t turn on then all three when it would I sadly don t know what these lights are for That s my next line of investigation I carried on using my computer happily it even survived a restart after I needed to reset my wacom Then this morning it s the same won t turn on No USB cables are plugged in I decided not to use the front two ports at all and I ve tried both reinserting the ram card into it s slot and swapping it to the other one but still nothing I know it s not the PSU as the tech guy tested the one I have and it tested fine but he also replaced it with a new one to make sure and it still had errors History of this comp had problems loading the desktop after the windows screen it would just go black Seemed to be related to my wacom being plugged in on start up and read others have had this problem with digital cameras plugged in at start up But then one time it really wouldn t load up start up Followed microsoft online instructions and that totally fubared it had to format and reinstall Since then it s not been the same machine Very slow bad graphics and play back like it had a lobotomy Irony is this version is a legitimate version of windows not a crack like it was before format I ve never had any other problems with it Please please help me if you can and tell me what i need to do buy to replace as I m so totally up creek without a paddle if this computer doesn t turn on again today I really appreciate anyone for simply reading the above and for trying to help me I hope you can Thank you p s Oh it s an Acer if that helps nbsp

A:Comp turns on, no output to monitor as if dead. Please help!

To get your computer started again, try this:

Remove all power (take out the power cord)
Hold the ON button in for 30 Secs
Let go of the ON button (after 30 secs)
Put the power cord back in
Turn on the computer

By the way it does sound like a motherboard issue

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comp-turns-on-no-output-to-monitor-as-if-dead-please-help.100923/
Relevancy 81.53%

So I ve encounterd this issue while im playing video games (mostly Tera), in the middle of the game the computer screen goes black (sometemies even other colors), but my computer is still running, although my Hard drive indicator isnt blinking.
I have a:
Intel core i5 3570k, Asus gtx 770, 8 gb of ram, 1TB HDD, 650W Psu,
I dont think its because of overheating, because when i look up the temperatures the max on my gpu is 75? on full load what is fine for the 770, and my cpu is on full load at about 54? max.
So could it be a software problem or my HDD is not working properly.
If anyone could reply i would be thankful.
Thank you!

A:While playing video games my computer screen turns black or blank

I really need some help! So if someone wants to reply go ahead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/374954-while-playing-video-games-my-computer-screen-turns-black-blank.html
Relevancy 81.22%

Hello everybody! Sorry for any error but I am from Italy.

I have a problem with Windows 10 installed on my Macbook Pro Retina 13".
When I am in battery mode and monitor turns off for the energy saving (whatever interval time I choose), if I have not any app using the audio (for example Media Player), the computer disconnects the audio output. So, the sound come out from the internal speakers. I can just solve disconnecting and connecting again the jack in the audio output.

If I run a music program, I have no problem.

If I use the power cable, I have no problem. With or without any music program running.

How can I solve this issue?

Hope I was quite clear explaining my problem.

Thanks for your help!

Nick

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/60627-problem-audio-output-disconnection-when-monitor-turns-off.html
Relevancy 111.37%

I just recently installed a new mobo, Ram, PSU, Cpu into my dads old computer, turned it on isntalled windows everything worked fine, now when we shut it down wait like 5 seconds it turns back on.... What is causing this, And how do i fix this?

A:Turns Back On

Sounds like it hardware rather than software, If you check your motherboard there should be anywhere between 6 and 8 contacts which attach to your on button, reset switch and LED's, if they're wired up incorrectly then that could well be your problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/turns-back-on.619083/
Relevancy 110.94%

hp z820 turns on and turn off. doesn't show any video. i have changed the powersupply but no results. any help would be appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/hp-z820-turns-on-and-turns-off/td-p/5682249
Relevancy 110.94%

This problem suddenly happened when I came home from school. I have tryed a new power pack, the same happened, I have tried a new motherboard, the same happened.
I have also tried the trick with the paper clip to see if my power switch is broken, but again its the same problem.

Please help, i am so frustrated

A:HELP - my pc turns on for 1 second, lights up and then turns off.

I don't know if this would be it but I have seen this type of problem on a computer that turned out to have a bad power and reset switch. One way to check to see if this is the case pull off the wires for the power switch and reset button going to your board. Then you would want to find something like a screw driver or something that you could cross the power pins with and see if the machine does the same thing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-my-pc-turns-on-for-1-second-lights-up-and-then-turns-off.100265/
Relevancy 110.94%

Hello everyone. I have an HP compaq computer with a Samsung SyncMaster 740N monitor. I noticed yesterday the screen was doing something weird. It almost looked like the colors were moving. I turned my computer off and this morning I turn on my computer and the screen pops up for a second and then turns off. I turned my monitor off and on again. The screen comes up, but then turns black. What is the cause? Do I need to get a new monitor?

A:Monitor turns on for a second and turns off

maybe electric power cable is loose connettion. Pls check and change power cable

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-turns-on-for-a-second-and-turns-off.150725/
Relevancy 110.08%

Hello I hope I m Firewall by off and itself on back turns not breaching any protocol with my post I did read through the rules and the tips and tricks but I couldn t find any information that would shed light on the problem I m having A few months ago I was plagued with a virus that kept trying to get me to run a false virus scan on my PC I was able to clean up my system but apparently I Firewall turns off and back on by itself didn t clean everything up The problem I m having now is that my PC runs slower than it did before during both general use and internet use Also my firewall turns off by itself I know this because the windows security icon pops up Firewall turns off and back on by itself in the task bar and tells me but wait Usually within a minute my firewall turns back on by itself I say within a minute because usually by the time I click on the security alert and reach windows security center it turns back on To make this clear - I see in the security center where my firewall is off and I see the alert change from off to on - from red to green I m at my wits end with this thing because I have tried everything I know to do I have run numerous virus scans malwarebytes super anti-spyware spyware doctor ad-aware Iobit security spybot s amp d counterspy combofix smithfraud all the Vundo removers I could find and others I have Firewall turns off and back on by itself tried running them with system restore off with hidden files shown in folder options and I have run them all in both normal and safe mode I am running windows xp media center edition version windows service pack I would appreciate any help or insight anyone could give me I know I could reformat my PC but that would have to be the last of my last resorts Again I apologize if I ve breeched any protocol or broke any rules but I am desperate I have this one PC and it has become essential to my work but also to my wife and children s recreation Thanks Hoon

A:Firewall turns off and back on by itself

Hello,At this point I suggest you follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<==If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then post back here and we will provide you with further instructions.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/300079/firewall-turns-off-and-back-on-by-itself/
Relevancy 110.08%

Hey guys, i really did not know what this would come under, my PC turns its self back on after i put it into Sleep mode I really do not know what could cause this, any ideas?? will appreciate them all thanks,
Regards,
Andrew

A:My PC always turns back after put on sleep :(

How to Fix a Computer that Keeps Waking Up

Stop the mouse from waking up the PC

Mice, especially, wireless mice, can sometimes wake the PC up. In fact, there is a specific setting to allow this. If the mouse turns out to be a problem, you can change the setting with this procedure:Open the Start menu and type “mouse” (without quotes) in the Search bar
Under the Control Panel list, click “Mouse” (or just press Enter in Vista)
In the dialog box that opens, select the tab “Hardware”
Highlight the entry for your mouse and click the button “Properties”
A new dialog will open. Click the button “Change settings”
In the new dialog that opens, click the tab “Power Management”
Remove the check by “Allow this device to wake the computer”
Click “OK” and close the dialogs.
Stop a network card from waking up the PC

From what I read, a network card is the most common source of wake-up problems and that was the cause of my own computer never staying asleep. Here is how to configure a network card:Open Device Manager. There are many ways to do this but a quick way is to enter “dev” (without quotes) in the Start search bar and click “Device Manager”
Expand the list for “Network adapters”
Right-click the adapter to be configured and choose “Properties”. There may be several adapters, one for Ethernet, one for wireless, and others like Bluetooth
In the dialog that opens, click the tab “Power Management”
Remove the check by “Allow this device to wake the computer”
Click “OK” and close up Device Manager
Scheduled tasks , updates, and other causes

Sometimes a task or Windows Update is scheduled for a specific time and will wake up the computer. Dealing with these and other possibilities are discussed at this link.

Use the command line to find what causes the PC to wake up

One way to find out what is causing a wake-up problem is provided by the command line. Open a command prompt with elevated privileges and enter this command:

powercfg –lastwake

The last device that woke up the system will be shown
To find out which devices are enabled to wake up the PC, enter this command

powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

Hope this helps!

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307802-my-pc-always-turns-back-after-put-sleep.html
Relevancy 110.08%

My friend's Dell Inspiron laptop is set to turn off the monitor after 10 minutes. Once that happens, we cannot get the screen to come back on again, hitting any keys or mouse buttons, or even tapping the power button, does not do it. It is not asleep or hibernating, the power light is lit and hard drive is spinning. Have to force a shutdown.

I know I can tell it to just not turn off the monitor, but I'm wondering if anyone has come across this and found a fix.

Thanks

A:Screen turns off, will come back on

did he recently upgrade the network or wifi drivers?

If so uninstall them

reboot system

and let windows reload its recommendations and test it. Let the screen blank out and then move the mouse..

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/24827-screen-turns-off-will-come-back.html
Relevancy 110.08%

hello there i recently updated my computer from the support center and XP then back firewall Win on turns off, then noticed that my firewall was being turned off upon restart then it would turn back on heres what happens in order Computer turns on AVG loads into tray does not have firewall with program skype loads Indexing loads search bar Win XP firewall turns off, then back on then it hangs for a few seconds then tells me my firewall if turned off sheild with x in the center then tells me to go to the settings and turn it on i go to the securty place and it says its off and wont let me turn it back on because of an error then my internet connections wireless and local load up and then my firewall if turned back on keep in mind this all takes place in a matter of approximately two minutes i have scanned my computer with Malware anti-bytes and AVG anti-virus and also ran Super anti-spyware they all came up with nothing ran all in safe mode as well and still came up with nothing i have tried many things to attempt to fix this problem please help even if its nothing to worry about i would still like to know why this is happening thank you

A:Win XP firewall turns off, then back on

Considering the firewall doesn't actually do anything until there's a network connection, I don't really see the issue. The firewall service would, and should, only kick on when there's a network connection to monitor. Now if it didn't turn on when the network connections came up, you should worry, but I don't see anything to concern yourself over here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-xp-firewall-turns-off-then-back-on-660554.html
Relevancy 110.08%

i go to turn my pc off but then 2 seconds later its already booted itself back up. however, sometimes the pc does shut down without any problems. im thinking it may have something to do with the power shorting itself out. help

A:PC turns itself back on when i have just turned it off

Get into the BIOS and make sure things like "Wake on LAN", "Wake on Ring", etc. are disabled.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-turns-itself-back-on-when-i-have-just-turned-it-off.1149977/
Relevancy 110.08%

Hello everybody I have recently experienced this issue with my PC When my monitor automatically shuts off after certain time as I have set in windows - I Can't after back PC into get turns off monitor can wake the monitor by moving mouse or pressing keys The mouse and keyboard both work just fine and shine all around since Can't get back into PC after monitor turns off they are both from ROCCAT BUT When the monitor is automatically off for a couple of minutes thats Can't get back into PC after monitor turns off when the things get weird The monitor wakes up but it shines black if you know what I mean I may add a photo if I Can't get back into PC after monitor turns off can reproduce Turning the monitor off and on again by button doesn't help The mouse and keyboard both stop shining Moving mouse and pushing buttons does nothing Repluging mouse and keyboard doesn't make any change not even windows sound of pluging in an usb However the computer itself is still on the fans are working and the front LEDs are shining just the green one actually I also have my TV connected to the PC via HDMI and switching the input on it just shows quot No signal quot Thanks for any ideas

A:Can't get back into PC after monitor turns off

see if hibernation is on maybe a problem with that. try turning it off if it is on to test. Hibernate - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/361883-cant-get-back-into-pc-after-monitor-turns-off.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Hello everyone,

Its an ibuypower purchase off of New Egg a few months back. The last few days, after the computer has been on for a little while (sometimes as short as ten minutes) it turns off - no shutdown and then turns itself on a few seconds later. I've opened the side panel and made sure all the connections are seated. The fans are running and there is no dust build up (I do air can out dust every few weeks).

Any tips on what I can do would be appreciated.

A:Machine turns off and then back on a few seconds later

Heat:
- only use the laptop on a hard surface - with nothing blocking any of the vents.
- use a laptop cooling pad if possible
- blow out all vents with canned air (DO NOT use a vacuum cleaner or an air compressor, they can damage the components).
- ensure that the fan comes on and is blowing air out of the vent (may not happen at startup, but should happen after using it for a while).

For monitoring heat of the system, use Speccy or HWMonitor:
-Speccy System Information
-HWMonitor

Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using CrystalDiskInfo:
-CrystalDiskInfo Standard Edition
-How to Upload and Post a Screenshot and File in Seven Forums

Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website:
-http://carrona.org/hddiag.html

Use the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to determine which file is causing the issue, and then replace the file.

To do this, follow these steps:
-Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
-At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow
The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Scan your system with the following: Kaspersky TDSSKiller How to remove malware belonging to the family Rootkit.Win32.TDSS (aka Tidserv, TDSServ, Alureon)

ESET online scannerOne-time virus scanner free with ESET online scanner

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/284183-machine-turns-off-then-back-few-seconds-later.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Ok here is an interesting problem A couple weeks back my laptop started having issues turning off Everytime back shutdown after Laptop turns right on I went to shutdown it would shutdown but then it would immediately turn back on like I told it to restart It would run normally once started So to quot solve quot this problem I would unplug it when all the lights went out before it began to restart I thought I had a good temporary fix Laptop turns right back on after shutdown but yesterday the ac adapter went out light on it is still on but I cant get a voltage reading at the output end So I change Laptop turns right back on after shutdown to another ac adapter and the laptop boots fine and runs fine but still has the shutdown problem The battery on it still works and would charge on the old ac adapter until it quit and it charges off the new one as well One thought I had after reading some forums of people with similar problems was that the CMOS battery could be dead Dell inspiron m nbsp

A:Laptop turns right back on after shutdown

The usual symptom with a faulty CMOS battery is it refuses to start and gives a message to go into the Bios setup and reset the date etc. so I doubt that's the problem here.

Does it shut down properly if you start it in Safe Mode ? (tap F8 key after switch on to get the Safe Mode menu and press Enter).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-turns-right-back-on-after-shutdown.988740/
Relevancy 108.79%

This system was turning off and on now that my friend updated the OS system registered and sp to sp blew out all interior dust maybe heat issue and added mb tolaling gb still moves slow Now it will stay on while in normal turns on back down System shutting when status good thing but recycles back ON when I System turns back on when shutting down want to turn it off What would be the next step Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Status Genuine Validation Code Cached Validation Code N A Windows Product Key - -PHRW - KXG-VPMTP Windows Product Key Hash l N MskFBYRuOhFIE jctHJLes Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Retail Windows OS version pro ID E FC D-A - - B-BC B A C Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX Registered Signed By Microsoft Product Name N A Architecture N A Build lab N A TTS Error N A Validation Diagnostic D FF - - E AD EA- -d E AD EA- - E AD EA- - Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A Version N A Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By Microsoft OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Blocked VLK Microsoft Publisher - Genuine Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage - Blocked VLK OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Internet Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt E FC D-A - - B-BC B A C lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt pro lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -VPMTP lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt VIA Technologies Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt VT - lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Phoenix Technologies LTD lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt PG lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt B F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Pacific Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt File Name quot WgaLogon dll quot Version quot quot gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID quot - - D - CFE- C quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Publisher lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt BABFAAD C D B lt Val gt lt Hash gt SEishkJimZrBR u NT CIf yg lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Product GUID quot - - D - CFE- C quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt F C B lt Val gt lt Hash gt iCnywwNW w s ukTIwGMGxyGic lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version ... Read more

A:System turns back on when shutting down

Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
On the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
Clear the Automatically restart check box under System failure, and then click OK.

have you installed Roxio Easy CD Creator or Direct CD? if so remove them.

reply if it works or not... if it shows any error state that error here...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-turns-back-on-when-shutting-down.1006554/
Relevancy 108.79%

hi, does anyone know why when i have had my comp on for quite a while, now and again when i turn it off, it automatically restarts, then i turn off again then it restarts again, the only way sometimes to turn off is to hold button in, to reset, i got win xp, but that ainīt the prob i donīt think, if anyone knows why this happens please let me know, this does not happen all the time, but most times, canīt figure it out,

Relevancy 108.79%

My XP SP2 system is getting stuck after the monitor turns off for no activity.

The keyboard and mouse will not get the login screen or desktop back. In fact the keyboard is "dead" - toggling CapsLock does not light/unlight the KB led.

But the system is not hung. I can ping it from another system, and I can access shared folders over the network.

I tried plugging in a USB mouse - got a lot of disk activity but still can not get system back.

Only recovery is to power cycle.

I've searched the forums and net but can't find anything that looks relevant.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 108.79%

Basically the laptop was working fine It was mine i had to hand it down to my mother as she wanted a laptop and i got a new desktop it was cheaper that way However there was quite a lot of junk on my laptop and not a lot of space on the hard drive so i formatted the hard back turns Laptop on... turn off, won't drive using the system recovery discs that came with the laptop It was working fine the windows XP thing came up that runs you through naming the computer and saying what keyboard you want ect but my mum wasnt available at the time so i put the computer in standby Later on my dad switched it off by holding the power button down When it was switched back on it seemed to be ok came up with the same windows XP beginning Laptop turns off, won't turn back on... thing BUT the slightest bump movement ect and it switched itself off Sometimes it does it withjout a bump or movement automatically We did get through the windows XP thing and install microsoft office but thats as far as we could get When it switches off when you try and switch it back on the quot media activity quot light comes on which apparently means the hard drive is active but thats all Nothing else You switch it off again by holding down the power button for a few seconds and try again and its the same You have to leave it for hours before it finally switches back on and then after minutes or so it switches off and the cycle begins again Please help Its an Acer TravelMate laptop nbsp

A:Laptop turns off, won't turn back on...

Almost certainly a hardware problem, and I would guess unrelated to the reinstall of Windows.

Software problems do not cause such "movement sensitive" issues.

Mind you, about the last thing I would ever do would be to try to invoke Standby before Windows was fully installed! But thats unlikely to be the problem. I would think that service is needed, unless you have microsurgery and microelectronics skills.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-turns-off-wont-turn-back-on.440137/
Relevancy 108.79%

I have Monitor and on off continuosly back turns a custom built desktop PC with XP Pro SP Ghz AMD Athlon Kb primary memory Cache Kb secondary memory cache Gb Monitor turns off and back on continuosly HDs ASUSTeK M V main board Gb RAM memory NVIDIA GeForce GS display The monitor is a ViewSonic E f CRT type color I use this computer almost exclusively for video editing VE through a KVM switch allowing me to use a single Monitor turns off and back on continuosly mouse key board and monitor The switch has always worked perfectly The computer will boot to the desktop and then the monitor turns off and back on continuosly and the desktop will freeze when the monitor is back on and I will have a few seconds to move the mouse before the next cycle unfortunately not enough time to access a program or get any internal data None of the desktop shortcuts will work when clicked by the mouse My main computer a DELL Optiplex XP Pro works perfectly through the KVM switch with the same monitor keyboard and mouse Therefore it seems that the monitor keyboard and mouse are not to blame I took the monitor off of the KVM switch and plugged it back into the VE computer directly and it does the same thing Therefore I believe that the KVM switch is not at fault I have done the following over a week period I was careful to discharge any static electricity and none of which was apparent I opened the case and found very little dust which is remarkable as we live in the Colorado mountains in the shadow of Pikes Peak on dirt roads I did use some canned air to gently dust and a polyester dusting cloth to gently wipe case inside and bottom Again very little dust I removed the NVIDIA GeForce GS display card from its PCI-Express x slot I checked it closely and saw no defects or cracks and there was no smell Although I am not expert in the internals of computers I have done some minor maintenance such as replacing power supplies and fans and had removed amp replaced cards and hard drives I saw nothing unusual I then reassembled the computer and rebooted I got the same symptoms as before except that the display was not as jumbled but there were vertical broken lines with some display shimmering to the left of the lines The display cut out with the statement quot off in seconds quot and then returned to the desktop as before and the desktop was unresponsive CTRL ALT DELETE did not bring up the Task Manager I guessed that the video display card had turned bad We do get some good thunder storms and lighting where we live but I have a Proxima multiple outlet surge protector old but has always worked plus Belkin and APC UPSs I have had no obvious surges recently only occasional power outages The next time I booted up the problem computer I found displayed the following quot a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to protect your computer The problem seems to be caused by the following file - nv disp The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly Techical info Stop x EA x C x C xBA EFCBC x quot The previous letters and numbers were difficult to read as the monitor display was a shimmering blue screen I assume this means a driver and or a hardware problem with the Nvidia card I removed and reinstalled the Nvidia card again and checked all cables and fittings I booted again with the same results display goes out and the monitor recycles off and back on I cannot get online in order to download a new driver so I have downloaded a new driver on my Dell computer and put it on a flash drive but could not install it on the VE computer with no access to that drive I accessed the BIOS using TAB I got to the window that listed the various startup methods including Safe Mode but the default was quot start normally quot at which point I could not move the choice with the up down arrows I could not get any keyboard selection to work but the countdown... Read more

A:Monitor turns off and back on continuosly

Ok, clearly a problem with the graphics card or the driver.

When you are in Safe mode the problem dissapears because the graphics is running in reduced resolution, this situation is not uncommon.

Using the F8 key to access the Advanced Boot Menu is there no option "Safe Mode with Networking"? If not, when in Safe Mode go into the Device Manager and locate the Display Adapter, click on the + next to it and then right click on the graphics card. Select Uninstall from the menu and then close the screens and reboot into Normal mode. Let me know what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-turns-off-and-back-on-continuosly.1032630/
Relevancy 108.79%

After my display is turned off do to inactivity the display begins to flicker and presists through reboots. I can not reproduce the issue under windows 7.

Has anyone else seen this and is there anything I can do about it.

Note** I have installed the beta release of the NVIDIA drivers for Windows 8.

A:Screen flickering after turns back on

Originally Posted by tstaffo

After my display is turned off do to inactivity the display begins to flicker and presists through reboots. I can not reproduce the issue under windows 7.

Has anyone else seen this and is there anything I can do about it.

Note** I have installed the beta release of the NVIDIA drivers for Windows 8.

I'd like to revive this question. I have a Dell Latitude E6510, i7 Q740 8GB DDR3, Nvidia NVS3100 Video card running Windows 8 Pro x64. I updated the drivers to Nvidia's current 302.82 WHQL. Whenever my screen, when it is screen locked, the display is disabled. As soon as I resume, the screen comes back on and I get a harsh flicker for about 4-5 minutes until it fades away. I didn't get this in WIN 7 either.

Anybody have any input on this?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/7074-screen-flickering-after-turns-back.html
Relevancy 108.79%
A:Monitor Off - Screensaver Turns It Back On

Just set your screensaver to none and have your monitor set to turn off in 10 minutes, there`s no need for a screensaver. Just puts stress on the vid card and the cpu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291308-monitor-off-screensaver-turns-back.html
Relevancy 108.79%

I left my laptop running fine last night and Win7 turns off my display after 5 mins of inactivity. So when I woke up in the morning the screen was black, the problem is that I cannot do anything with the laptop anymore. Pressing keyboard keys or moving the mouse doesn't make the display go back as it used to be. I can also see that the HDD LED activity light is not flashing anymore. The laptop obviously froze so I had to hard reboot. This is not normal, what could be causing it? I tried looking at Event Viewer and I found nothing suspicious, there was the "expected" Kernel-Power error stating that the shutdown was unexpected, simply because I had to hard reboot. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

A:Win7 x64 turns off the screen and cannot go back

Can you get to safe mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/109164-win7-x64-turns-off-screen-cannot-go-back.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Hi ;
Pc only stays off for a minute or two before coming back on again. I checked to if WAKE ON LAN was on but it's not installed. Anyone have any suggestions? thought the problem might be ACPI/APM related, but I don't have a clue how to configure-
thanks in advance
Webz

A:Pc turns back on after 2/3 minutes- no WOL installed

O/S, mobo make/model, etc etc etc....can't help if we don't know where to start.

Scorp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-turns-back-on-after-2-3-minutes-no-wol-installed.381106/
Relevancy 107.93%

As topic says.

When ever I start a game the monitor goes blank, well almost blank (little white blinking cursor in top left) for a couple of seconds and then its fine again.

Anyone have this issue?

A:Monitor Turns Off Then Back On When Starting Game

Well the question I have is it just one game or all of them? and what games?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/30538-monitor-turns-off-then-back-when-starting-game.html
Relevancy 107.93%

Explorer exe shuts off every seconds then turns back on weird I don't even see my taskbar icons What could be the problem Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running 5 then Explorer.exe back shuts seconds on off turns every processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services Explorer.exe shuts off every 5 seconds then turns back on exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Explorer.exe shuts off every 5 seconds then turns back on Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Source Engine OSE EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer sas r attbi com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride r attbi com localhost O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run LTMSG LTMSG exe O - HKLM Run DIGStream C Program Files DIGStream digstream exe O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot C PROGRA McAfee com VSO mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe O - HKLM Run OASClnt C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run BearShare quot C Program Files BearShare BearShare exe quot pause O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run msci c program files mcafee com shared mcinfo exe insfin O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Secure Online Account Numbers C PROGRA Discover SOAN SOAN exe dontopenmycards O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run DW quot C Program Files The Weather Channel FW Desktop Weather DesktopWeather exe quot O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O -... Read more

A:Explorer.exe shuts off every 5 seconds then turns back on

SDFix: Version 1.177
Run by Owner on Thu 05/01/2008 at 02:06 AM

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
Running From: C:\SDFix

Checking Services :
Restoring Windows Registry Values
Restoring Windows Default Hosts File

Rebooting
Checking Files :

No Trojan Files Found

Removing Temp Files

ADS Check :

Final Check :

catchme 0.3.1353.2 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-05-01 02:31:13
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

IPC error: 2 The system cannot find the file specified.
scanning hidden services & system hive ...

scanning hidden registry entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden processes: 0
hidden services: 0
hidden files: 0
Remaining Services :

Authorized Application Key Export:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\Logitech\\Desktop Messenger\\8876480\\Program\\backWeb-8876480.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Logitech\\Desktop Messenger\\8876480\\Program\\backWeb-8876480.exe:*:Enabled:Logitech Desktop Messenger"
"C:\\Program Files\\hp center\\137903\\Program\\BackWeb-137903.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\hp center\\137903\\Program\\BackWeb-137903.exe:*:Enabled:BackWeb-137903"
"C:\\Program Files\\Kazaa Lite K++\\KazaaLite.kpp"="C:\\Program Files\\Kazaa Lite K++\\KazaaLite.kpp:*:Enabled:KazaaLite"
"C:\\Program Files\\Anti-Leech\\ALIE\\alhlp.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Anti-Leech\\ALIE\\alhlp.exe:*:Enabled:Anti-Leech plugin helper program"
"C:\\Program Files\\burst\\btdownloadheadless.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\burst\\btdownloadheadless.exe:*:Enabled:btdownloadheadless"
"C:\\Program Files\\EA GAMES\\Need For Speed Underground\\Speed.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\EA GAMES\\Need For Speed Underground\\Speed.exe:*:Enabled:Speed"
"C:\\Program Files\\Real\\RealPlayer\\realplay.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Real\\RealPlayer\\realplay.exe:*:Enabled:RealPlayer"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\HP Software Update\\HPWUCli.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\HP Software Update\\HPWUCli.exe:*:Enabled:HP Software Update Client"
"C:\\Program Files\\Abacast\\Abaclient.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Abacast\\Abaclient.exe:*:Enabled:Abaclient"
"C:\\Program Files\\AIM\\aim.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\AIM\\aim.exe:*:Enabled:AOL Instant Messenger"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\rapimgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\rapimgr.exe:169.254.2.0/255.255.255.0:Enabled:ActiveSync RAPI Manager"
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\wcescomm.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\wcescomm.exe:169.254.2.0/255.255.255.0:Enabled:ActiveSync Connection Manager"
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\WCESMgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\WCESMgr.exe:169.254.2.0/255.255.255.0:Enabled:ActiveSync Application"
"C:\\Program Files\\BitTorrent\\bittorrent.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\BitTorrent\\bittorrent.exe:*:Enabled:bittorrent"
"C:\\Program Files\\Azureus\\Azureus.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Azureus\\Azureus.exe:*:Enabled:Azureus"
"C:\\WIN32APP\\ustation\\ustation.exe"="C:\\WIN32APP\\ustation\\ustation.exe:*:Enabled:MicroStation SE"
"C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe:*:Disabled:Mozilla Firefox"
"C:\\Pro... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/explorer-exe-shuts-off-every-5-seconds-then-turns-back-on-245395.html
Relevancy 107.93%

I have a brand new LG W VP connected via DVI which turned itself off at random intervals and I had to turn it on from the power button only to have it turn itself off again after a while Worst thing is that once the OS tells it to Stand-by it turns itself off and I can t even get it to power back up via the power button I have to remove on turn W2261VP LG off, back doesn't turns its power cable let the power drain put the cable back on turn it on only to have it go to stand-by and LG W2261VP turns off, doesn't turn back on have to reset my computer computer details windows x intel i core not overclocked msi pro-e motherboard mushkin gbx ati sapphire hd ddr the ati drivers is up to date the monitor is recognized by LG W2261VP turns off, doesn't turn back on windows tried both with hdmi and dvi connections i LG W2261VP turns off, doesn't turn back on noticed the memory cards are a bit hot maybe because they work on mhz due to not overclocking i i tried switch the memory postions not helped tried take off the graphic card and no luck the monitor sometimes can work few hours with no error and sometimes its repeated one after another thank you for any help possible nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lg-w2261vp-turns-off-doesnt-turn-back-on.877075/
Relevancy 107.93%

OK here s the run down -- Any comments suggestions are appreciated So thus far I have only seen this error playing L D Keep in mind I do play Battlefield Diablo II World of Warcraft etc also So randomly during game-play I will experience my PC turning off completely complete shutdown then it ll start back up by itself No Bluscreen nothing In my Event Viewer Log I receive this Level Critical Source Kernal-Power Event ID Task Catagory The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly Under Details - lt Automatically Turns Random Shutdowns Of On PC PC; Back Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System Random Shutdowns Of PC; Turns PC Back On Automatically gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Random Shutdowns Of PC; Turns PC Back On Automatically Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt AdminDesk -PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff c lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x f a lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Click to expand I ran a memory diagnostic test and things turned out OK My PC is not over-heating around - C I have looked around on other forums and found that the culprit for people might be Audio Drivers Some of these people have the same Audio drivers as myself and disabling one keeps their PC from crashing I have disabled one and will let people know if I keep experiencing the problem or not I will know tonight My audio drivers are as follows High Definition Audio Device Realtek high Definition Audio I believe my ATI Radeon HD Series is providing the High Definition Audio Device and that s what people are disabling to fix their problem This is what I have disabled and am testing tonight to see if it works My question is Why would these two conflict and force a Kernel shut down Also how is this audio produced Is it some sort of software built in to the ATI card itself Is it a little piece of hardware in the Card that serves as the audio device Anyone know Thanks in advanced Geoff nbsp

A:Random Shutdowns Of PC; Turns PC Back On Automatically

The radeon HD series has HD audio hardware onboard.
The older series require a special DVI-HDMI adapter to use
it,but I pretty sure most of the 5000 series have HDMI ports.
I haven't had the same problem,but I had a problem with
a 4670 on a via chipset motherboard that caused high network
interupts and increased CPU usage.
It seems like the hardware is competing for resources and
the operating system wasn't handling it properly.
I used the same combination of hardware on an nvidia
based motherboard without problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-shutdowns-of-pc-turns-pc-back-on-automatically.984787/
Relevancy 107.5%

windows 7 just fine. It doesn't cycle, it just shuts down the one time after POST/Loading OS then after it turns itself back on after a few seconds, it goes into Windows just fine. Seems to be a unique problem as I have yet to find an answer.

This is a newly built computer and everything checks out fine besides this glitch.

Gigabyte GA-P55 USB3 mobo
XFX HD6870 gpu
Intel i5 750 cpu
Antec 650W psu
120gb SSD (primary)
640gb HDD (WD Caviar Black) data drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shuts-down-after-initial-os-load-turns-itself-back-on-and-proceeds-to-load.156730/
Relevancy 107.07%

Basically what the title says. I have a new computer which I spent about 1300 dollars on. I built it myself and everything ran fine for about 6 months until I tried to overclock it. The bios and overclocking are pretty ***** proof since the motherboard is fairly new. You literally hit one button from normal to overclock. Since then when I boot the computer up the computer comes on for about 3 seconds, the monitor doesn't react at all, then it shuts itself off for another 3 seconds then boots up normally. Any ideas what the problem is or how to fix it? I've seen some similar cases on here but they aren't exactly the same.

A:I overclocked now my computer starts, turns itself off, then starts back up fine

Yes, turn off overclocking!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-overclocked-now-my-computer-starts-turns-itself-off-then-starts-back-up-fine.174062/
Relevancy 106.64%

hi,

everytime i put my laptop on it tells me that my windows firewall is off etc etc and i have to turn it on manually everytime.

i have vista and avg antivirus and registry mechanic and spybot

any ideas? thanks

A:windows firewall turns off when i turn laptop back on

Is your AVG firewall on?

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/242803-windows-firewall-turns-off-when-i-turn-laptop-back.html
Relevancy 106.64%

So this has been happening for quite some time now. While in game in almost every game, my screen will periodically freeze and turn black, then after a few seconds come back on to renew game play. This ONLY happens when I am in-game, not while anything else is happening on my computer. During this I can still hear audio from all sources but the game itself. The frequency of this varies from game to game, and some are even free of the problem, but it's become very tiresome. I've tried everything I could think of to fix the problem, including backdating and updating my drivers, but I'm no expert. I can only assume this has something to do with my card, any help would be appreciated

I've got 8 gigs of ram, an Nvidia Geforce GTX 660, CPU is a 2x 3200 MHz, couldn't tell you about the motherboard other than it came with the factory built tower.

A:Screen periodically turns black during gameplay then comes back on

Are you running the fan speed at automatic? I was having the same problem with my Radeon HD 7770 when the fan speed was set to auto. Going to a manual fan speed of 60% solved the problem and my GPU runs a lot cooler. Go into your Nvidia control panel and try setting the fan speed above 50% and play your game, bump it higher if you still get black screens. It makes your PC a little louder, but it's better than damaging your card with excess heat.

I don't think that the automatic fan speed modes work on either Radeon or Nvidia cards in the last few sets of drivers, based on the forum complaints that I've been reading lately.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/360456-screen-periodically-turns-black-during-gameplay-then-comes-back.html
Relevancy 106.64%

If I leave my computer alone for over mins the display turns of from non-use Sometimes as usual if you move the mouse it will turn back on normally Most of the time recently - and only since I got my Windows update but that may just be coincidental - when turns Satellite wont back from L50 use start no after up display the display turns off it seems the computer goes to sleep If you shake the mouse press the power button etc - it looks like its starting up again but it Satellite L50 wont start back up after display turns from no use never completely gets there The power up button will light up the wifi sign will go orange and the computer will make a noise but only for a few seconds before they stop and the lights switch back off Then after a few seconds it tries to turn back on again fails and repeats I could leave it doing that for ages and it'll just be on repeat It doesn't matter what I click nothing helps it start up properly Not sure if this matters but if I left the Caps Lock button on before the display turns off the light stays on no matter how many times you press Satellite L50 wont start back up after display turns from no use the button It's like its frozen along with all the other buttons and screen The only way that I can get the computer to start up is by holding down the power button to force a shut down and then powering back up from the start Sometimes it'll start back up normally othertimes it'll say quot windows configurating quot and sometimes it goes start to a green quot restarting Satellite L50 wont start back up after display turns from no use quot screen after powering up It's very weird and it's getting annoying now because sometimes I've lost work that hadnt been saved because the computers decided to do this and I've had to force a shutdown without being able to save it Is there anything that I can do to fix the problem or should I just use my warranty and get it fixed in store Thanks to anyone who reads this and offers help

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84257-Satellite-L50-wont-start-back-up-after-display-turns-from-no-use
Relevancy 106.64%

Over the past week or so, I would get a windows notification that Avira Antivir has been deactivated. When I right click the Avira icon, I'm unable to turn it back on, but it does automatically about a minute later. This usually happens no more than once a day, and I'm wonder if some kind of virus or malware might be doing this.

A:Avira Antivir guard randomly turns off then back on?

Well its' possible so let's check first.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/391868/avira-antivir-guard-randomly-turns-off-then-back-on/
Relevancy 106.64%

When the power button is pressed on the tower, it flashes it and the computer sounds like it about to start up when the button goes back off and doesn't start-up. Occasionally it works after end on end of pressing the button (sometimes up to 30 minutes) but crashes after 15-40 minutes. What can I do!!

I'm considering buying an all in one PC but I don't know if they're goof for playing games with high detail I.e Simulations. Any views?​

A:When power button clicked, flashes then turns back off

Sounds like a bad power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-power-button-clicked-flashes-then-turns-back-off.215520/
Relevancy 105.78%

this is happening for a few months now im using windows top a i my off whenever turns view lap video home premium whenever i go into youtube or sth like that or even when there's a video in a banner on my lap top turns off whenever i view a video other random sites the video goes for like - secs and then the screen goes black and there's like a loud humming sound and all i can do is reset with the power button this happens when i play some internet games as well i don't know much about computers but i'd say it has more to do with software flash perhaps than hardware cuz in the past i didnt have any problems with watching videos sometimes i used to watch even like yt videos at a time and everything was ok generally it's quite a good lap top i guess also ive just remembered that some time ago i had to download a new flash version for a game or something but my lap top turns off whenever i view a video then my lap top turns off whenever i view a video when i tried to install it there was some kind of error and eventually i didnt get it installed oh yeah i tried to use a different browser but it didnt help also tried scanning for viruses but didnt find any thanks in advance hope u'll have a better idea of what's going on than me

A:my lap top turns off whenever i view a video

Uninstall the version of Flash Player you have now using the uninstaller, reboot the computer and download the updated version of Flash Player

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-lap-top-turns-off-whenever-i-view-a-video-628395.html
Relevancy 105.78%

PC currently in a cardboard case, turns on all fans working but no beeps or video, would it be a mobo problem or maybe the graphics card?

Specs:
AMD Athlon XP 2.0+
ATI Radeon 9600XT
512mb ddr
maxtor 40gb
ASRock K7VT4-4X socket 462 AGP

A:Turns on no beeps or video tho

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51242.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/turns-on-no-beeps-or-video-tho.51847/
Relevancy 104.92%

when i use a usb keyboard on my laptop the video shifts 90 to 180 degs, i do a sys restore and fixs it but killing me that it happens when im need it the most

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-turns-sideways-on-my-laptop.42455/
Relevancy 104.49%

I turned off System Protection and when I did a windows update I thought I saw a message that said "creating restore point". I checked and it did turn it back on. That is annoying. I want it to be off permanently.

suggestions?

i forgot, i triple boot the following:

win xp pro 32 bit
vista business 64bit
windows 7 pro 64bit

A:Disabled System Restore/Protection, windows update turns it back on

Windows Update always does the Creating Restore Point regardless if it is off. It does not turn it back on ever.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/129877-disabled-system-restore-protection-windows-update-turns-back.html
Relevancy 104.49%

When I am using this device in normal laptop mode, all is great. When I want to use in tablet mode and the screen is laying against the bottom of the laptop, the screen turns off and locks as if I had closed it normally. Tablet mode works ok if I don't lay the screen all of the way back. If there is a couple inches of space it seems to work okay.
It's out of warranty and I can't send it back as I bought it from Tigerdirect.com and they essentially went out of business and had a fire sale.  The new owners of Tigerdirect Business wouldn't accept any returns.
Any help is appreciated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989012
Relevancy 103.63%

Hello I got myself a video card lt ASUS turns new and 5 Card Installed seconds PC off Video after GeForce MB AGP gt I pluged it in When I turn the PC on the monitor is in standby orange led all fans start I can t hear any beeps and after seconds it suddenly turns off My system is ASUS P V X-X motherboard Intel pentium GHZ x DDR DVD-RW GB HDD ASUS GeForce Floppy fans one on the CPU and a smaller one My first guess was that my W no name PSU couldn t handle it But then I tried the videocard on another PC with a W PSU and it worked like a charm When I put the card and the PSU the W one on my system it turns off again What I tried so far - update bios - reset bios load defaults - unpluged everything except videocard and HDD My system works perfectly without the videocard When I put the videocard in it turns off Could anyone help me nbsp

A:Installed new Video Card and PC turns off after 5 seconds

Does the 6600 need a power cable connected to it from the power supply? If so, have you connected it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-video-card-and-pc-turns-off-after-5-seconds.131695/
Relevancy 103.63%

I am new to here Samsung off a turns rendering whilst video I have a Samsung Rf i gb nvidia geforce with cuda I use Proshow gold for creating slideshows I have had the computer mth and all of a sudden it won t render a Samsung turns off whilst rendering a video video using proshow gold I upgraded form to and thats when I started I went back to and now it won t work with it at all Samsung turns off whilst rendering a video Proshow have been Samsung turns off whilst rendering a video very helpful and say its my computer so I am thinking of taking it to samsung service centre to have it looked at however its not under warranty so before I do wondered if there is anyting I can do or should I take to any computer repairer I have opened the computer up but cannot get any further than just getting the cover off nothing else will move and I can t find any info as to how to do it If I wanted to buy a new computer for this purpose which would you suggest or do you think this can be fixed Thanks Chrisjaz nbsp

A:Samsung turns off whilst rendering a video

This is a laptop? If so, the internal heatsink/fan may be clogged with dust. A service center could clean this for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-turns-off-whilst-rendering-a-video.181592/
Relevancy 103.63%

I recently had to purchase a brand new motherboard because my last one died on me and now I am having a strange problem. I can not seem to play any video games without the sound from the game turning off and pausing any music I happen to be listening to. I can turn back on the Music by skipping ahead in the song track but the game sound stays off until it resolves itself after a few minutes.
I'm wondering if anyone out there has any Ideas.

Relevancy 103.63%

Hey everybody I'm new here but I'm just going to get to the point So I was running Laptop restarts(Video on turns Included) and a program called logmein on my laptop which allowed me to have complete control over the computer from my other computer So I was having Laptop turns on and restarts(Video Included) fun messing with my brother while he was using the laptop and he found out what was allowing me to do this so he uninstalled it After he uninstalled it he decided to restart the computer just to make sure I couldn't watch him anymore and then this problem came out of no where The computer starts shows the Compaq screen then restarts and does it over and over endlessly see video to see what exactly happens YouTube - Laptop Problem Video for techsupport forums Upon pressing F besides safe mode not working like in the video I also tried every other option Last good known configuration Do not restart upon failure etc and they all do the same thing So please help me out and respond Thankyou compaq presario

A:Laptop turns on and restarts(Video Included)

Read this Microsoft article and follow the steps under Confirm that your hard disk or file system is not damaged. Run CHKDSK /R.

Then may be you need to run FIXBOOT and FIXMBR

I hope you have a good backup as you have no control what will happen to your data once you start these commands (theoretically it should not harm your important files but that is no excuse for not having a backup).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-turns-on-and-restarts-video-included-367410.html
Relevancy 103.63%

I can t figure this one out At first I thought it it was the video player because I noticed that there was a transparency setting on it VLC Media Player But that setting is disabled But the problem is that when a video is playing and there is something on top of the video window anything in that window that is black turns transparent and the video screen shows through Any windows menus that have black text my background to turns video Anything playing is transparent black when mIRC that is black when I changed the background to white it was no longer transparent It s only stuff that is black I ve tried uninstalling rebooting Anything black turns transparent when video is playing and re-installing the media player to no effect And it s not SP that did Anything black turns transparent when video is playing it because it was doing this fresh from the initial install of Windows I ve used VLC Media Player for a couple years and I ve never had this problem It was only when I wiped my computer and reinstalled Windows that this started And I used the same file to install it that Right now I m stumped Running Windows XP Home Edition - Service Pack nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anything-black-turns-transparent-when-video-is-playing.621823/