Windows Support Forum

Monitoring network for each user connected to ADSL Router Modem

Q: Monitoring network for each user connected to ADSL Router Modem

I bought a ADSL Modem D-Link 2730U

We are connecting to the Modem via Laptop, PC, Phone,... at the same time.

I want to know how can I monitor network(Receive/Send) for each user who connected to the Modem.

Can I do such thing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitoring-network-for-each-user-connected-to-adsl-router-modem.206910/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Monitoring network for each user connected to ADSL Router Modem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 92.45%

Hi i am trying to setup my small net in home but all this time i ended up with nothing Basically i just got a adsl with a simple modem and want to share it with the other pcs in the house I have also an old router that has been used in the past to share my old connection cable from ntl last year Now i cant figure out how to setup everything so it works basically it looks like adsl modem usb modem without any rj ports just a usb main pc connected to uplink port on router router pc pcs) help- 4 modem-usb, up 1x4port router, a network setting (1 small adsl pc pc This is it i know its not the best setup but i cant afford at the moment any other hardware and i would really appreaciate if someone could show me how the ip allocation would be for this setup i tried changing the gateways using the dchp from the router help- setting up a small network (1 adsl modem-usb, 1x4port router, 4 pcs) and all types of addressing any help would be really appreaciated thanks nbsp help- setting up a small network (1 adsl modem-usb, 1x4port router, 4 pcs)

A:help- setting up a small network (1 adsl modem-usb, 1x4port router, 4 pcs)

Have a look at the attachment here:
Basics-networking

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-setting-up-a-small-network-1-adsl-modem-usb-1x4port-router-4-pcs.31030/
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi my friend is in Japan and he s signed up for NTT s ADSL service They say he can rent a modem but he would need to get a router too if he wishes to use more computers However he doesn t want a multi-box solution he wants it in box like in other countries a combination ADSL Router Modem with Wifi However he cannot buy them in a few computer stores he has visited I am visiting him soon and we re trying to understand if I ADSL ADSL Japan Modem Wireless service with NTT's Router Can in an work bring over an ADSL router if that would work I know about the power limitations but that aside can it work ps Thinking of bringing something like the following models I will purchase once I know for sure Netgear DG GT Mbps Wireless ADSL Modem Belkin ADSL Modem with Built-in g Wireless Router Linksys by Can an ADSL Wireless Modem Router work with NTT's ADSL service in Japan Cisco WAG GS Wireless-G Can an ADSL Wireless Modem Router work with NTT's ADSL service in Japan ADSL Modem Router pps I see a lot of modems listed on Amazon with ADSL I don t think they have ADSL in Japan according to wikipedia would ADSL modem work with ADSL MANY MANY Thanks if anyone can answer this nbsp

A:Can an ADSL Wireless Modem Router work with NTT's ADSL service in Japan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-an-adsl-wireless-modem-router-work-with-ntts-adsl-service-in-japan.835440/
Relevancy 87.72%

I've currently got a 512kb/s adsl connection but will be moving to a faster 1mb/s connection in next 2 months.In meantime I need to get my other PC to share same connection. So must be wireless. As I understand it a 4 port wireless adsl router means that basically you have an adsl modem that not only controls upload/download link to the internet but lets u plug in 4 PC's hardwired into modem? and then as well as that connect wirelessly?

I'm only looking to connect two PC's to it...one hardwired in and the other wireless equipped with a USB wireless stick.

Would this be suitable?

http://www.ndo.com/ndo/Products/Voyager_2100_ADSL_4_Port_and_Wireless_Router_(802.11g)/prdvoy2100router.html

A:Sharing internet using ADSL. Which router/adsl modem to buy?

I suppose this is what your ISP is trying to sell you..

It will probably work, but I would recommend a product from a brand manufacturer who will actually release patches and support you after two years.

Look for similar products from Linksys, 3Com, SMC, D-Link, Netgear

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-internet-using-adsl-which-router-adsl-modem-to-buy.23863/
Relevancy 84.28%

My PC has an incredibly annoying and head-scratching problem it won t connect to the internet as it connected or through to Network Unplugged directly router whether modem Cable appears constantly says A Network Cable Unplugged appears whether connected through router or directly to modem Network Cable is Unplugged Network Cable Unplugged appears whether connected through router or directly to modem I gather this is a common problem and I searched on the internet for a solution but the ones suggested haven t worked My PC runs on Windows XP and we have a wired home LAN network to share an internet connection I tried changing the speed and duplex I went to run cmd and put ipconfig and it says Media Disconnected I tried every cable we have in the house of varying length even a Cat instead of the usual Cat ones the other computers use and I tried a crossover adapter just to see if it was being contrary I also tried switching ports on the router and the one that was always off was the one for the problem computer I tried updating my driver which is an onboard Realtek one it wouldn t update The technician for Arbico which the company I bought the PC from said it was the NIC sent me a new one and washed their hands of the problem The new NIC a TP-Link on this time had the same problem so I then took the PC to PC World where the technician connected it up and it worked there with no problems I assumed that a shop like PC world has a network so thinking maybe the problem could be our router I connected the new PC straight into the modem and still got the network cable unplugged message and it still won t connect to the internet I doubt the problem is the modem as we ve only had it a few months and the other two computers and the Xbox on the network connect fine as well as the computer the new one is going to replace and my laptop on the odd occasion when I plug it into the network Now I really don t know what is wrong with it and have failed to narrow it down Any ideas nbsp

A:Network Cable Unplugged appears whether connected through router or directly to modem

The fact that the Realtek driver cannot update is a worrisome clue.

If this is a desktop, replace the network card as a test... and reinstall the drivers once more.

Modems or Network Interface Cards can fail at anytime, and new ones are not any more reliable than old ones...

Also check the socket. We have been seeing a lot of network socket failures... But were fixable by adding a new network card, and disabling the old socket.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-unplugged-appears-whether-connected-through-router-or-directly-to-modem.148453/
Relevancy 81.27%

hi,

I need help on bridging Belkin N150 F9J1001V1 modem router (primary, connected to internet using ADSL) and Linksys WAG54GS modem router (which needs to be bridged). I would appreciate if detailed step by step procedure is provided.

A:bridging ADSL modem router and another modem router

can you explain exactly what you want to do ?
and give IP address, of each router

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/249246-bridging-adsl-modem-router-another-modem-router.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I have ADSL Internet
An ADSL Router

i also have a Freecom DataTank Gateway WLAN

I want to connect the datatank to the adsl router and use it as a switch but cannot seem to do it.

I set the datatank ip to 100.150.0.1 and told it to run as a switch
I set my router as a DHCP server with the ip 192.168.1.1

I Plugged the datatank into the router and can access the internet but cannot access the datatank user interface at 100.150.0.1

Anyone help please!

A:ADSL Internet, ADSL Router. DataTank (Cable Router) Daisy chain off ADSL?

problem solved.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adsl-internet-adsl-router-datatank-cable-router-daisy-chain-off-adsl.106006/
Relevancy 80.41%

I was looking at getting a wireless router either a D-Link or a Netgear Rangemax WNR and I m not exactly sure how to set it up I have a BEC Technologies TM NOT GTM adsl wired modem router that my telephone company gave me when I switched to DSL There are LAN ports on the back of the modem router a line port that my telephone cable is connected to and a console port that I don t use of the LAN ports are being used One is connected to my cable box the Connecting wireless router a adsl to modem/router an other has an Connecting a wireless router to an adsl modem/router ethernet cord that runs halfway around my house through a wall and into a wall jack that my desktop computer is connected to I only want to use the wireless router Connecting a wireless router to an adsl modem/router to connect to my Wii and one laptop I would like to keep my desktop connection wired I had previously tried to connect to xbox live by connecting my xbox to one of the LAN ports but I could never get it to work so now I just switch the ethernet cords between my xbox and computer in the wall jack whenever I want to use one or the other Will I be able to connect a wireless router to one of the LAN ports and receive a signal or will I have to connect the wireless router to the wall jack that my desktop is hooked to and run the connection through the router I ve never setup a wireless network before so I m a little new to this subject nbsp

A:Connecting a wireless router to an adsl modem/router

Hi:here are links to sample dsl modem router to wireless router configurations..
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1080
And for dlink:
http://www.dlink.com/support/faq/default.aspx?question=dsl
And the tried and true Johnwill,TSG tutorial on the same subject.
Your modem probably is a modem/router combo.Here are some possible fixes .

a. Bridge the modem/router unit so that it bypasses the router function and acts as a modem only. Or,

b. Change the address range used by one of the routers, say, to 192.168.3.x. Or,

c. Use the second router as an ethernet switch and wireless access point per the following recipe.

Connecting two soho routers in a network

Tutorial from Johnwill from the Networking Forum

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

Hopefully one of these will lead you in the right direction.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-a-wireless-router-to-an-adsl-modem-router.936262/
Relevancy 79.98%

I've been reading a lot about small business network design and some have said that if you only have one NIC on your server, you could connect the ADSL router to the switch along with the server and clients.

In a roundabout way, this could provide everyone with easy internet access. However, what if you configured net access to be shared through the server?

Would you lock connections to the ADSL router to the MAC address of the server NIC? In other words, how would you prevent everyone and anyone with access to the switch from gaining net access?

A:ADSL router connected to switch

Well, the simplest way is to lay down a proper security design. This means, users ONLY have user level privileges on their machines. You being the admin would have administrator rights. You would then go to each box which you don't want to have internet access and take out the default gateway from the TCP/IP properties. Without a default gateway set, they're not getting out to anything on the internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adsl-router-connected-to-switch.874065/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi There Newbie to these forums but have done some research within but can not find answer I have just purchased a Dell optiplex sx running XP home sp from ebay for a friend Before giving it I seeing pc modem adsl router New not have updated it on my home network connected to my cable modem and router with no problems Taking it to her house the pc will not see her Maplin adsl usb modem port router switch which works fine with her previous pc I have tried connecting via USB and ethernet to no avail I New pc not seeing adsl modem router just get the cable is disconnected message low connectivity Whilst this is happeneing the modem-router looses the adsl light and searches across the inputs At this point I found this lovely forum where a common starting point seems to be to do a stack reset so I did this as directed but to New pc not seeing adsl modem router no avail I have done ip config onto a word document but cant work out how to upload it to here However none of the normal ip stuff is on there as it says media disconnected for the local area connection Hope you can help Regards Fugi nbsp

Relevancy 79.12%

Hello,

I want to know suggestions of good Wireless ADSL modem router combo (two devices in one) from experience people. I have two floors house build from concrete blocks and cement. However , I looking for a device that has WAN port so I can use the device as router only if I want.

I have no idea if ADSL modem-router has WAN port or only has the phone line as input and Ethernet and wireless as output without having Ethernet WAN port

It would be good if you give links from www.ebay.com or other ebay sites and an item can be sent to United Arab Emerate

My maxmum price $100 including shipping

A:Looking for ADSL modem and router in one but...

If you're looking for a device with an Ethernet WAN port, just buy a separate modem and router, problem solved. I doubt you'll find many options of a single unit with that capability.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-adsl-modem-and-router-in-one-but.812557/
Relevancy 79.12%

I'm going to get ADSL from local provider. In their FAQ they say to get ITU G.992.1 (G.dmt) standards supporting ADSL modem. It's 512kbps down and 128kbps up connection.
So getting a separate ADSL modem and connect it to a router or should i get a ADSL router modem both in one device?
If it's a ADSL Router modem what brands or products you think the best?
I am thinking to buy D-Link DSL-504T (http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=3&pid=373) Is it good choice? Anyother good ones or recommendations?

Other thing is if use this router modem to connect my 4 computer at home will it be possible to share files and do all the things like a normal LAN other than just internet connection sharing?

Relevancy 78.26%

Hi all,

Hopefully this is the right place to ask, I don't visit the networking section much as it is by no means my strong point.

I currently have an old Netgear DG834GSP modem/router which was supplied by Virgin Media many years ago, It's firmware is locked and can not be updated. This router is getting very old and outdated and I am looking for a bit of an update in the area.

I am not looking at spending lots on a brand new router if it isn't necessary. Its only for home use with a number of devices connecting to it, mostly wireless (2 desktops, 2 laptops, XBox 360, Wii, couple of mobile phones etc).

I heard the Netwgear DGN2000 is supposed to be a decent unit but that is 3 years old now (still newer than the one I have haha).

Anyone have any thoughts and/or recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 78.26%

I ve finally got round to replacing my USB modem wireless New adsl router/modem help with a dynamode r-adsl-c w-g wireless router modem I can connect to the router to set the settings I ve confirmed the supposed settings with my ISP tiscali but the thing still won t connect to the internet I ve reset my ISP settings and they are correct as I ve rechecked using my old USB modem and I can still connect But at present it seems to be a waste of money if I cant get the thing to connect to the internet Any ideas as to what I can do to make the yellow WAN light start to glow According to the pitiful manual that came with it it its currently suggesting that the DSLline isn t connected New adsl wireless router/modem help but it is ADSL filter inplace and everything When I view I get green blobs against the modem that turn red if I New adsl wireless router/modem help unplug the modem Are these misleading Any ideas most welcome Ta nbsp

Relevancy 78.26%

> I am using my ADSL Modem via two LAN cables to both computers. I am not using the wireless function. I am concerned that the people next door to me can use my internet via their wireless laptop.

I had problems logging into my control panel as the password did not work, so Belkin gave me instructions on how to reset the modem and to re-configure it online.

As I had installation problems before, I cannot afford to lose connection to the internet while trying to re-configure, so instead I have moved the two arials on the back of the router to the horizontal position and covered them with silver foil. Will this shielding work?

Thank you

A:ADSL Modem/Router question

Probably not. Why is it so critical that you don't disconnect for 30 seconds? What happens if you have a power failure?

I'd just go into the router's configuration and disable the wireless capability.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adsl-modem-router-question.505747/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have just purchased a D-Link-855 N Router and a DAP-1522 Wireless Bridge. I currently have a Netopia router as supplied by my ISP (Eircom Dublin).
The D-Link router has 4 LAN ports and 1 (Internet) WAN port. What is the best solution to connect the ADSL Router to the D-Link Router, LAN to LAN or LAN to WAN? Also which Router requires the DHCP to be set to on, the Netopia or the D-Link?
I plan to have the DAP-1522 connecting to the DIR-855 on the 5.0ghz WiFi network and the computers connected to the LAN ports on the DIR. I also have a WiFi IP Camera, but this cam be connected to either the Netopia or the DIR-855.
What would be the optimum way to set up my network.

A:Connecting My New Router to my old ADSL Modem

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-my-new-router-to-my-old-adsl-modem.826747/
Relevancy 78.26%

adsl modem/wireless router connection to laptop
need advice on connections --line to modem/wireless router and then for normal 'phone connection .

will be able to get adsl broad band in a week or two and thus seeking advice on what to buy and how to wire/connect etc.

A:Adsl/modem/wireless Router

The ISP usually provides you with a modem, they will also supply the line filters required to use phones on the same line.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adsl-modem-wireless-router.252220/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi everyone

This is my first post to the forum and by looking at some of the information available on the site - this is the place to be!!

I have just purchased this router to update my old ADSL usb modem following an upgrade to Windows Vista.

Although I have the router working in most aspects, there is one area where which I find confusing. I cannot seem to find a way of connecting automatically to the Internet.

At present I open Internet Explorer, type in 192.168.2.1 and connect from the set up screen.

Can anyone tell me if there is a method of making this connection set on computer start up?

Although I have been a PC user for some years, my experience on the networking side is very limited and is quite new territory for me.

Hope you can help.

Kevin Evans
Downham Market
Norfolk

A:Belkin 54G ADSL Modem Router

The connection has got nothing to do with the computer starting up at all. Your computer is always connected to the router and that's all your conmputer has to know. It's the router's problem how to connect to the internet.

You should have a "connect on demand" or "auto connect" setting somewhere in the router setup. This tells the router to keep the connection alive no matter if a computer is turned on or not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-54g-adsl-modem-router.102745/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi, I have a Etec ADSL 4 port modem router. Sometimes, web pages will not load and I have to restart my computer for them to load. This doesnt happen all the time, but I was wondering if there was a router setting i could change in order to fix this.

A:Etec ADSL modem router

Why don't you reset the router instead? Just pull the mains adapter-cable from the router and reinsert it after a few seconds. The router will re-initialise and should be working fine again.
Some routers get 'clogged up' after a while. Mine does the same (Billion BipAc 640AE).
There are no settings to overcome that, as I found out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/etec-adsl-modem-router.24178/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi all,

I am new to the site, I have tried searching around for some help for my problem but haven't found anything specific, so I thought I would register and start a new thread

I am fairly computer literate, I have set up some basic home networks, done port-forwarding, some video streaming and am a flash programmer but I am not in any way advanced at networking.

Here is my deal. I am house sitting for a friend. He has ADSL broadband with ukonline. He has a voyager 105 modem that he connects directly to his PC. I want to expand the network for use by multiple PCs. I want to know if I buy a wireless router, am I going to be able to expand the network or is there a chance that the ISP will make this a nightmare? Has anyonelse encountered a similar issue?

Thanks a lot

Sam

Relevancy 77.4%

okay I have computers My main computer is connected to a belkin ADSL modem with built in g wireless router via ethernet which i communicate and change settings via my web browser The other computer no has a wireless network card installed and working fine I had it all connected to a point where i could access the internet on both comuters but not share files and i could communicate with the router So i tried some trickery to get this file share to work this involved messing about with the quot file and print sharing for 802.11g with Help wireless modem built with router ADSL in microsoft networks quot and quot clients for microsoft networks quot installing clients and service in the local area connection When i did this i found that i could no longer communicate with the router via my web browser and not access the internet I Help with ADSL modem with built in 802.11g wireless router also noticed that under my Help with ADSL modem with built in 802.11g wireless router TCP IP settings in address type my connection was an quot automatic private address quot instead of quot assigned DHCP quot I thought this would be the problem so i scouted around the web to find answers and found things like using ipconfig via cmd in the run command but no luck got message like quot cannot contact DHCP quot I tried reinstalling but no luck WHAT CAN I DO PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Help with ADSL modem with built in 802.11g wireless router

Post the ipconfig output of both computers. And what exactly did you do in network settings?

"Automatic private address" means that Windows was unable to connect the DHCP server (the router) to obtain an IP address. You should always turn on the router before turning on the PCs. Or assign static IP addresses to your machines.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-adsl-modem-with-built-in-802-11g-wireless-router.13735/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi
I am looking for a cheap 30 max ADSL modem router with ADSL. Im not bothered if its second hand. I will be using it mostly for web browsing, occasional downloads and some Wii and DS gaming.

I have seen this one...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001BS3BS8/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1RPQJTFX3SBWB71T8JCN&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294

Which looks ok, and this one...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000W4HJ6C/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_i3?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1RPQJTFX3SBWB71T8JCN&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

A:Looking for a cheap ADSL modem router with USB dongle

I like the D-Link. I use a DIR655 but it was not cheap. Philips may be good in the UK. I'm in the USA

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-cheap-adsl-modem-router-with-usb-dongle.144080/
Relevancy 77.4%

hi i have just bought a bt voyager 205 modem router off ebay.

i want to connect to the internet using this modem using the ethernet cable to my lap top.
i also want to run my xbox 360 through the router to use xbox live.

can someone give me step by step instructions on how to do this, as i have no idea what to do.
i have managed to access the advanced section on the router but after that i dont know what to do.
can someone help me before i pull out all my hair.

thanks

dridgy.

A:connecting adsl modem router to internet?

Who is your internet service provider? Whoever you purchased service through should be able to get your modem setup and initilized on their network. Once you have connectivity, setting up the Xbox and your laptop to get an IP from the router you bought should be a piece of cake.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-adsl-modem-router-to-internet.487423/
Relevancy 77.4%

I have just aquired broadband through ADSL with Belkin modem G 802.11g wireless router Virgin and they sent me a speed touch Belkin ADSL modem with wireless G router 802.11g modem that works wonderfully Problem is i have a pc running winxp pro and the wife a pc running win i bought this adsl router as i want to have both connected to broadband and i am using the four conections to our ethernet cards via cables i can contact the router from both pc s and bring them up in the network search yet i can not ping each pc anyways my problem is i followed Virgins settings and the instructions of Belkin you know untick the boxes and everything but i can t access the net All the green lights are on yet when i call up the router settings it shows no internet connection even though the adsl says connected I am going in circles and ready to trash this router I am new so ask if maybe someone would be able to help cheers Riggs nbsp

A:Belkin ADSL modem with wireless G router 802.11g

Try resetting the modem, by disconnecting the power jack, from the modem (you can have your computers on while doing this), leave it disconnected, for about a minute, then plug it back in, and let it reset itself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-adsl-modem-with-wireless-g-router-802-11g.28707/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello.. I dunno if it's even a problem.. But I'll explain.. I've been facing a really slow Internet connection.. So I intended to check the router settings and info to see who is active and using my WiFi network.. But everything is just as it should be.. But sometimes something really weird happens.. When I insert 192.168.1.1 to go to the settings page.. I get redirected to another router settings page.. It's tells info that doesn't match my router hardware specs.. 4 ex: it tells that the router is 150mps although it's 300mps.. And doesn't take the password that I've set for access control.. .
Btw I used Mac filter to limit the devices.. And the info page shows that only the selected devices can access the network.. But I've tried wifikill Android app.. And it shows that more than 27 devices are online... So I'm very confused now

A:Weird thing with an ADSL modem router

Hello

Slow internet may due to the preffered MBPS speed. What is your actual internet speed? Sometimes its a problem for your ISP.

If you will test like from Speedtest then a dramatic reduce of speed should be observe,

https://malwaretips.com/threads/weird-thing-with-an-adsl-modem-router.46336/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi all tricky question as i haven t really had much xpaireance with networking currently the machines our house are just for gaming modem/router sharing) vs. adsl lan home (net amp communicate on lan via a port gig a switch adsl modem/router vs. home lan (net sharing) no net just yet in a day or two i am to recieve an adsl router modem so i can do a bitsa surfing downloading play games online etc the mo i only have network card in my machine so when this thing arrives that port will be taken up by the modem amp i shant be able to be connected adsl modem/router vs. home lan (net sharing) to the home lan switch the modem router - dsl-g t - has not only the port for connecting my machine to it adsl port but also x lan ports heres my tricky ugly question i want to be able to have the modem connected to my machine obviously but can i also run a cable off of the lan ports on the modem back to the household lan switch so that i can still play games within the house if that can be done easy enough will that mean that the internet connection comming in via the modem will be also be distributed via the household lan to the other computers amp if it will be distributed in such a fashon can it be controled to only of the computers some who has agreed to go ies on cost by config within the modem i don t acutally have the modem just yet amp there mayb a manual that shows basic settings for it but i doubt i would have such detailed explainations for scenario s within it so im hoping some has encountered such things previously amp could share their wisdom i have also mailed this question to the maker of the modem - dlink - in the hope that they might have a straight forward answer hope i worded that ok so u s can comprehend it muchly tankx monkey nbsp

A:adsl modem/router vs. home lan (net sharing)

If you want all the machines to have internet access then you should just run your modem/router LAN uplink to your existing 5p switch. Make sure all your machines, and the router are on the same subnet.

It would be:

modem/router
|
|
Switch
| | | |
| | | |
machines

Does this help?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adsl-modem-router-vs-home-lan-net-sharing.23924/
Relevancy 77.4%

I am a new member and my first query is:
I have Hi Speed Internet service with an old Speedstream 5260 modem (5 years old) and I think it is beginning to show signs of giving up the ghost.
I have talked with AT&T and they would supply me with a new Speedstream 4100. I read several of the comments in one of your forums about difficulties with this model and trying to connect it to a router (which I also have). My question is: do I have to go with AT&T's supplied modem or can I purchase one in the open market? In other words, will AT&T still supply the DSL service even with another modem/router installed?
Any and all comments will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Gusl

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adsl-with-modem-router-not-telco-supply.54960/
Relevancy 77.4%

I've got the following network:
2 PCs (192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3) connected via a switch to ADSL modem/router (TP-Link TD 8810).
The modem is set up according to ISP instructions and there are no visible problems
when browsing Internet and downloading smth.

All works fine except for periodically lost connection in ICQ and Chess Planet online game client.

What I tried was enabling QoS for these specific apps packets (based on destination port and source IP address), but looks like it didn't help much.

Any suggestions?

A:Loosing of connectivity in LAN via ADSL modem/router

If you haven't opened the ports, follow this guide for ICQ.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loosing-of-connectivity-in-lan-via-adsl-modem-router.809310/
Relevancy 77.4%

hello I have a problem connecting wifi router airlive wt- r to my ADSL modem webstar epc ed using utp patch cable When my PC is connected straight to the ADSL modem everything works like charm But when I connect modem with wan port on the router and router with my PC I get no internet access The network shows as unidentified network and win troubleshooter says Default gateway not available Connecting them two devices seems pretty simple and I don t think I am doing anything wrong so what could be the problem Any help would be very appreciated Thank you This is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Milan gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Milan-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address BC- F-F - - -DF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained listopadu Lease Expires ledna Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv adsl wifi to connecting modem router IAID DHCPv Client DUID connecting wifi router to adsl modem - - - - - -C - -BC- F-F - - -DF DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap CF - B - -AF E- F C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:connecting wifi router to adsl modem

can we see an ipconfig /all when connected to the webstar epc2203ed2.0 only
its possibly showing as a router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-wifi-router-to-adsl-modem.1077863/
Relevancy 77.4%

hello all i have just today purchased the above Router G with ADSL Belkin Wireless Modem modem router probelem is i just cant get it working or recognised by my PC even odder was that when i checked my network connections there is no Local Area Belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless G Router Connection listed there In order to connect the modem router the instructions say to open internet explorer and go to and follow the intructions on screen but i cant do this as it simply tries to open my old ADSL Connection and get on the internet that way -which icant as it is disconnected due to the new one being plugged in - whereas it should just automatically go to the welcome page for the installation of this modem I did try on my laptop and initially it found the unsecure connection but then didnt again after that when i tried to set it up primarily on my laptop it just kept losing the connection and finding otehr secured connections in Belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless G Router the area I am at my wits end with this one I have no idea what has happened to my ethernet controller on PC it s not there in my network connections and it s just not recognising the Belkin modem no matter what i do Can anyone give me some pointers as to what i need to do Any help would be much obliged and if any more info needed then dont hesitate to ask gingermark nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi I m trying to use a router modem to be only a router router ADSL Solved: Help with modem - Cable I Solved: Help - ADSL router with Cable modem m using Siemens SL - which has an ADSL input but im connected to a cable input modem which is - Solved: Help - ADSL router with Cable modem Thompson TCM I want to use the Siemenss wireless option but i cant seem to make it work what i ve done so far My Thompson TCM is connected to the internet via MPLS direct connection no need for a VPN dialer I connected it into the LAN in the Siemens router Ethernet connector I connected the Siemens router LAN to the computer Intel Network card - Ethernet connector Thats for the wires on the computer - LAN is the intel network card which is connected to the LAN in the router Wireless Network connection - I ve installed a USB wireless device on the computer to try and connect to the wireless router I set the IP s manually as shown in the IPCONFIG maybe my manualy config is wrong on the router - I ve changed the advanced configuration and disabled the ADSL option Also I turned off the DHCP This is sposed to make the device a router alone The strange thing is that when i use the LAN Intel card on the computer I have access to the net but when i try to connect via wireless i get Limited or no connectivity I ve done a check and seems like the wireless connection wont get an IP and so I can t access the net via wireless IPCONFIG ALL Code Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Administrator gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name gisenu Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description g USB adapter Physical Address - B- B- -E - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO PM Network Connect ion Physical Address - - - -A - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday February A M Lease Expires Tuesday March AM C Documents and Settings Administrator gt I much appriciate any help Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

Hello,
I got myself an ADSL connection with an ADSL router/modem (UTStarcom's UT 300 R2U) 5 days ago. On the third day of using it suddenly its "Status" LED lamp stopped blinking which it normally does and turned itself off, while all other LEDs like Power, ADSL-Link/Act, Ethernet-Link/Act stayed on. My net stopped working and I couldn't open the router's GUI configuration page or ping it. It started working normally after restarting it physically.

It's working fine ever since (touchwood) but I wonder what could have been wrong with it that day. Any ideas please? The router/modem's firmware version is R100B02.7AS.D.

Thanks.

A:ADSL router/modem's Status light went off

Welcome to the world of competitive broadband Internet. Stuff happens, even in the corporate world. Without knowing what your ISP was doing that day, what the weather was like, what the telco technicians were up to that day, etc. There is really now way to know where to start speculating as to what actually caused the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adsl-router-modems-status-light-went-off.497070/
Relevancy 77.4%

I am trying to replace a wireless router that blew up with a linksys WRT54G. We use a US Robotic 9015 Adsl modem. When we set up the linksys router with the supplied software the router seemd to set up correctly but we cannot connect to the internet.

A:Wireless router/adsl modem problems

Hi

At what part is it failing, go into the router settings and check that your user name and password is correct.

If need be re run the software setup and make sure you havent missed anything.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-router-adsl-modem-problems.82848/
Relevancy 77.4%

I have read through a number of threads on the BT Voyager Wireless and it seems that a Laptop ADSL and Wireless Modem/Router few people have had the same problem as me with resolution coming from different fixes everytime Well I think I have tried them all so maybe someone can give me a hand I have had the BT Voyager Modem Router for over a year now and I set the system up with my PC wired and my wife s old HP laptop wireless using an old Micorsoft WiFi USB receiver This all worked Wireless ADSL Modem/Router and Laptop for about months and while I was gone on business my wife said the laptop stopped working on the internet When I got back I tried everything reset the router refreshed the network search it could see a neighbor s network but not mine rebooted the laptop nothing worked although one time the laptop saw the network and I clicked connect and after trying to connect it lost the network again and never reacquired Well fast forward about three months and we decided it was time to purchase a new laptop this one Wireless ADSL Modem/Router and Laptop comes Wireless ADSL Modem/Router and Laptop w built-in WiFi I hoped that this might solve the wireless problem but I am experiencing the same problem The WiFi is enabled on the router and the laptop the correct channel is selected on both computers default of to my knowledge I have absolutely no security selected on the router at this time it is configured with all the factory defaults I have troubleshot my laptop as well and it believes the router is the cause It seems that the BT Voyager has caused this problem in the past with other folks Does anyone fancy trying to unravel this mystery Thanks Pong E nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi guys, i have many devices in my home that can use the internet wirelessly, so i wanted to buy a wirless router. But the problem is that all of the wireless routers that i have seen require you to insert your modem via Ethernet cable. And my modem only has one intergrated USB cable coming out of it, so there is no way of putting it in. i have a speedtouch 330 adsl usb modem and im recieving free broadband from Orange (they give free broadband to their mobile phone subscribers who have stayed with them for a long time). anyway, i was wondering if anyone on these forums could help me. is it possible to connect a USB modem to a wireless router? and if no, do you think if i phone up orange they will replace my USB modem for ethernet one?

Thankyou in advance, and help would be much appreciated

A:Connecting a USB only adsl modem to a wireless router - is it possible?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-a-usb-only-adsl-modem-to-a-wireless-router-is-it-possible.916610/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi,

This issue has been bugging me for months.

I've configured my ADSL Wireless Router to have an "always on" connection to the internet.
This I can check in the router configuration page, under status and I see that there is indeed PPP connection to my ISP, with transmission and received statistics to prove it.
Ok, no problem there.

However, when I connect to the wireless router from my PC, I would expect that because the internet connection is already active on the router, I would not have to log in to the ISP again from my PC. But I do!
Why I do not know, but this has been irritating me for months.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

FYI, running VISTA (rubbbish) and connected to a Siemens SL2-141/SL2-141-I ADSL Router.

Regards

JP

A:Solved: ADSL Router connected to Internet, but still have to connect manually from PC

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-adsl-router-connected-to-internet-but-still-have-to-connect-manually-from-pc.802899/
Relevancy 76.54%

I want to get solution of the networking problem I'm facing. I've a Shiro DSL805E Modem and to connect to multiple computers, I connected an Encore 5 Port Switch. Now I got laptop and thought of getting a wireless network, so I bought TP-Link TL-MR3420 Wireless Router and connected it to the one of the wires from the Encore Switch. But I'm unable to access the internet through TP-Link Router but the internet works fine for the computers which are directly connected to switch.
Someone please kindly guide me how to do ip settings for TP-Link Router.
But when I connect router directly to modem by bypassing switch, it works fine but not via switch. I have some restrictions due to which I have to strictly following this sort of connection: Modem -Switch - Router
Thanks.

A:IP Settings for ADSL Modem to Switch to Wireless Router

Sounds like a bad port on the switch, or else the switch and router's WAN port are not playing nice together.

Make sure it is not a switch port problem.

If it is not, try using the TP-Link router as just a switch and WAP, per this Library article. (Your "modem" is a modem/router combo.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-settings-for-adsl-modem-to-switch-to-wireless-router.1039622/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi i recently purchased a Zyxel Wireless ADSL Modem Router P660HW i have every cable you need and when i connect my dsl cable to the router it doesnt pick the internet up can someone please help

Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,
I have an ADSL modem/router which I've observed to hang on two occassions, many hours after I either pressed down on it a little hard with my hands or pressed it inbetween my fingers. Did the pressing cause its hanging or is this just a firmware issue?

A:Will ADSL modem/router hang if pressed in hands?

If it is affected by physical handling, I'd say you have a defective product. It's not firmware with these symptoms.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-adsl-modem-router-hang-if-pressed-in-hands.500480/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello all,
I recently purchased a Belkin N Wireless Modem Router with a single ADSL input and 4xRJ45 outputs. I have an old Belkin 54g Router at the moment and wanted to upgrade. Unfortunately when the item arrived I discovered that I had made a mistake as the router was for ADSL and not the Virgin cable modem. Before returning the item I would like to know if it is possible to convvert the RJ45 lead output from the cable mobem to the ADSL input of the router. I've had a look on forums and a lot of the answers seem to be way more complex but without answering this question.
Thanks in advance for any replies.

A:Solved: Cable modem to ADSL Wireless Router

Nope, you can't use that router with a cable modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cable-modem-to-adsl-wireless-router.951130/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello,
I got myself an ADSL connection with an ADSL router/modem (UTStarcom's UT 300 R2U) 5 days ago. On the third day of using it suddenly its "Status" LED lamp stopped blinking which it normally does and turned itself off, while all other LEDs like Power, ADSL-Link/Act, Ethernet-Link/Act stayed on. My net stopped working and I couldn't open the router's GUI configuration page or ping it. It started working normally after restarting it physically.

It's working fine ever since (touchwood) but I wonder what could have been wrong with it that day. Any ideas please? The router/modem's firmware version is R100B02.7AS.D.

Thanks.

A:ADSL router/modem's status light turned off

I am unfamiliar with your product.

Is the status light on again? If not, the LED might have burned out. If it is on again, the LED might be defective. BUT, if you lost connectivity at the same time, that explanation is unlikely accurate.

On the high speed connections with which I have familiarity, the "status" light indicates whether or not the product is working. It might not work for any of the following reasons.
1. signal from ISP is off / out;
2. signal from ISP has been interrupted by cable outage; someone cut cable; tech working on cable;
3. cable connection within your facility has a problem; loose fitting, kink in cable has broken 1 of the wires inside the cable.

Note, the list is not intended to be complete.

If this were my problem, I would contact my ISP & the cable modem manufacture's tech support division.

I hope your system stays up.

Sincerely,
RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adsl-router-modems-status-light-turned-off.496809/
Relevancy 76.54%

I've got the following network
2 PCs (192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3) connected via a switch to ADSL modem/router (Huawei SmartAX MT-880).
The modem is set up specially for LAN according to ISP instructions.

Here they are
ATM settings
VPI/VCI - 0/33
Address type - DHCP

ADSL mode
G.dmt

All works fine except for periodically lost connection only from 192.168.1.2 (web browser doesn't load the page).
Computers see each other and there are no problems when copying smth in any direction.
Besides, there is a specific behaviuor for both PCs. When using QIP (russian ICQ client) connection
seems to be obtained, but the contact list remains empty and finally the application says it can't connect.

Any suggestions?

ps Actual MTU: 9164

Relevancy 75.68%

Hi,
When I soft-boot my UTStarcom UT 300 R2U modem/router, some sites open fine and others don't. Some others take terribly long to open. Then when I hard-boot it they all open fine. Is this an issue with its software (firmware) or hardware?

A:After ADSL modem/router soft-boot some sites don't open

you could check with their website to see if they have a firmware update

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-adsl-modem-router-soft-boot-some-sites-dont-open.497661/
Relevancy 75.68%

I have a netgear adsl modem which is not wireless.

I now have a laptop and want to use the net wirelessly around the house, but I like the netgear and paid 80 for it, so I don't want to just replace it with a wireless version.

If I add this wireless access point to one of the ethernet sockets on the router, will it let me connect with my laptop?

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/132431

Cheers, Matt

A:Will a wireless access point let me use my adsl modem router wirelessly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-a-wireless-access-point-let-me-use-my-adsl-modem-router-wirelessly.709060/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi can anyone help I m having problems wired networking pc s both on xp to share broadband i have the two ethernet cables going into the router as well as the adsl line The two computers can see each other but the problems is it would appear is the router When i got to belkins auto setup on it infrequently works when i do get a connection one of modem adsl and belkins with problems g router wireless networking the computers has limited access to certain sites like ebay I have turned off xp s firewall left panda anti virus on and even tried turning off the routers firewall but when i do that i lose connection It seems that the router is unstable Is there a possible firewall security conflict going on here why do problems networking with belkins adsl modem and wireless g router i keep loseing connection any help would be much appreciated also one of the computers has quot stopit quot dialer installed recently set up for broadband might this be a problem too can t uninstall this by the way nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-networking-with-belkins-adsl-modem-and-wireless-g-router.35735/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi,I have no problems opening ports on a modem/router combo but I can never get it working on router that is being fed the internet from a modem.

Can anyone help me here, ive tried putting the routers ip address on DMZ in the modem but this didnt work.

A:Openeing ports on a router with an internet connection from a adsl modem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/openeing-ports-on-a-router-with-an-internet-connection-from-a-adsl-modem.579629/
Relevancy 75.68%

I'm wondering maybe someone could help me or make a good suggestion/advise!
I'm little bit worried. I bought wireless netgear dg834gsp ADSL modem router, but i don't have ADSL connection. I have cable connection. Does this mean that my router is unusuable for my PC and my internet connection? Maybe there is some hope to make connection? I don't have any possibilities to change it, because I bought it abroad.

A:netgear dg834gsp ADSL modem router connection problems

You can connect/configure it as an ethernet switch (if it has multiple LAN ports) and wireless access point, but you cannot use it as a router except with ADSL internet service.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-dg834gsp-adsl-modem-router-connection-problems.762051/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello Guys,

First of all, I am totally noob on managing computer networks.

I ve bought this new Cisco/Linksys SRW2024 Switch, and i already have the Cisco/Linksys Router WRVS4400N and also one ADSL Modem.

The switch is managed 24 port gigabit.

How shall i connect them together?

The switch doesnt seems to have DHCP Server for its clients to optain automatic IP and DNS.

Please help.

The aim of this config is to have a gigabit connection between the network and share the ADSL modem Internet.

At the beginning i wanted to get rid of the router and just keep it as a WiFi unit, but i think i will not be able to connect the ADSL modem directly on the new Switch. Please advice.

Jio

Relevancy 74.82%

Hi there I am a total beginner with all of this but I m hoping I can learn how to hook up this Embarq series modem router so that it works with new ISP AT amp T I have a macbook pro and I m running OS When I connect the Embarq modem router to my cpu only of the lights of the router come on The light that says quot Internet quot never lights up So I can t connect to the internet to even attempt to change the router I m hoping there is something that I can do to avoid having to spend - on a new modem gateway from AT amp T I know that Embarq was using DHCP and AT amp T is using PPPoE When I use the Network option in my System Prefs and use the Setup Assistant as long as the ethernet connection is set to DHCP the ethernet light is on If I try to change it to PPPoE it can t connect with the username and password given to me by AT amp T I have no idea what is going on with that Oh yea I tried all of the things that I ve read online so far about bridging the Embarq but I think my problem may lie in the fact that the internet light doesn t come on at all When i type in in Safari Chrome it just tells me that I m not connected to the internet So I can t even reset the modem that way I ve done the holding the reset button for a minute and also resetting and leaving the modem alone for a few hours Still no quot Internet quot light coming on The modem was working my Fast connecting Embarq with DSL not Modem/Router ADSL AT&T Series 660 Access fine just a week ago and travelled in safety to my new apartment Can a DHCP modem connect with a PPPoE ISP Why is that quot Internet quot light not coming on One rep for AT amp T told me that the modem is blocking their signal why is this modem being so mean to me AT amp T will not help me any further without a hefty fee and if I m going to pay that I might as well just buy the new modem Please help if you can I hope I gave enough information Thanks nbsp

A:Embarq 660 Series ADSL Modem/Router not connecting with my AT&T Fast Access DSL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/embarq-660-series-adsl-modem-router-not-connecting-with-my-at-t-fast-access-dsl.961266/
Relevancy 74.82%

hi i have had the Belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless-G Router for a while now and have had a tesco's 2.2mbs connection but i have just upgreaded to a tiscali 8mbs connection, i no i can get the full 8mbs speed through the supplied modem but am just wonederind if the Belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless-G Router's buitl in modem is fast enogh to get the full 8mps or if it wil run slower. would be great to no i was just wondering

A:Belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless-G Router WHAT IS ITS MAX INTERNET CONNECTION SPEED

There THe belkin modem/gateway shouldnt limit your speed capabilities. You should be able to find the speed listed inside the modem's status page. To do this..
Click start>run>In run type CMD
In the black window type IPCONFIG and then enter. Note down your default gateway.
Open a browser window and enter the gateway's address into it. Click go
This should take you to your gateways graphical user interface.
Look for a status tab or see if it lists connection speeds on the general page.

Also you can test speeds at different sites. Google search broadband speed test and choose 1 of the millions of sites

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-adsl-modem-with-wireless-g-router-what-is-its-max-internet-connection-speed.509394/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello,
First post here. I have a rather peculiar issue.
When I plug my computer to my ADSL modem, I can access the internet with no problems; however, when I plug in my wireless router to the modem, some websites do not load (my bank's website, some government sites, my work's citrix interface, etc). As soon as I unplug my router and plug directly to the modem, the websites are accessible again.
Now, I have three desktops, two of these connected via wireless, one hard wired. All of them present the same problem when the router is plugged. My laptop has no problems connecting to any website, even when connected to the router via wireless or hard wired.
Is there a problem with my desktops' settings? Like I said, the laptop works fine.
My modem:
TP-Link TD8840T
My router:
AIRLINK101 AR670W

I run out of ideas, please help.

A:Solved: Can't access certain websites when wireless router is attached to ADSL modem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-access-certain-websites-when-wireless-router-is-attached-to-adsl-modem.849172/
Relevancy 74.82%

hi guys i previously made a thread about buying a wirless router http forums techguy org networking -connecting-usb-only-adsl-modem html From that thread i have decided that im going to buy a router with intergrated adsl modem i made this thread because setting Solved: wirless about up router with modem. intergrated Question a adsl i dont want to go through the hassle of returning a item bought of the internet I had my eye on this router http www amazon co uk Belkin-Wire ef sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - -spell Firstly i wanted someone to check that this is a wirless router with intergrated adsl modem I also wanted to know how i will Solved: Question about setting up a wirless router with intergrated adsl modem. have to set this router up do throw away my adsl modem that i have now or i will i need to keep that connected Would i need to insert my modem into that router or will i just need that all in one wireless router connected to my pc and thats it Im very confused about my broadband i dont know whether it is dial-up or adsl i know for a fact that i am using the speedtouch adsl usb PPP modem but under Network connection orange broadband is listed under Dial-up i will try and post pictures to help explain what i mean and also i have to use software to connect to the internet and its programmed to connect to the internet by using the speedtouch adsl usb PPP modem When the router arrives will i be able to change this so that it connect using the new router Any help would be appreciated i will try and upload images to help explain what im talking about Thankyou nbsp

A:Solved: Question about setting up a wirless router with intergrated adsl modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-question-about-setting-up-a-wirless-router-with-intergrated-adsl-modem.917491/
Relevancy 74.82%

The ISP gave me a USB ADSL Modem for internet acces. The model is SpeedTouch 330 and it connects to the computer through a USB interface instead of an ethernet interface. I have 2 computers at home and want to network them. The ISP wants me to pay more money for the extra computer, but that's not gonna happen. As a workaround I considered buying my own ADSL Router and ditching the one given to me by the ISP.

Any suggestions?

A:Home network with a USB ADSL Modem

Before plunking down any of my own money i would contact the ISP and tell them your machine cannot use the USB modem and you need one with a network interface.
Save your money for a wireless router and card which you'll need to complete your setup.

patio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-with-a-usb-adsl-modem.34982/
Relevancy 74.82%

Suddenly, I cant see my ADSL device from network places. I have not switched of the option to view Upnp devices. I know it was there before and it all works ok, is there a way to find it again ??

thanks in advance for any tips

oh system details are win XP sp3 32 bit
Thomson wire less TG585 V7 ADSL router modem

I can see it from my laptop though....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-see-adsl-modem-from-my-network-places.135965/
Relevancy 73.96%

I want devices connected to the router to be able to connect to the modem.

My ISP modem says:
Local IP address 192.168.1.1
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
DHCP Server: Enabled
Connection mode: DHCP
Starting IP address: 192.168.1.10
Ending IP address: 192.168.1.128
Connected devices: Eth-Switch LAN (2) 192.168.1.12 Netgear WNDR4000 Router

My Router says:
Router Information
IP address 10.0.0.1
DHCP: On

Internet Port
IP address: 192.168.1.12
connection DHCP
IP subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway IP address: 192.168.1.1
RIP Direction: Both
RIP Version: Diabled
Attached devices: 10.0.0.4 HP computer
Use Router as a DHCP Server:yes
Starting IP address: 10.0.0.2
Ending IP address: 10.0.0.254

So how would I modify the settings so the HP computer (10.0.0.4) could see the modem (192.168.1.1)?

Answer for dummies please!

A:What are the correct settings for a Router connected to an ISP Router/Modem box.

Let's be clear: you have

Code:

isp==modem at (192.168.1.1)
|
+--- (192.168.1.12) router (10.0.0.1) - - - hp pc (10.0.0.4)

what happens if the HP does ping 192.168.1.1 ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-are-the-correct-settings-for-a-router-connected-to-an-isp-router-modem-box.217738/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hey there

my windows XP home regards my PCI ADSL card as a network card. I have no idea how to solve this.
i would like to access the internet but can't on my new broadband contection.

thanks

sssshhhh

A:XP home regards my PCI adsl modem as a network card

Need more info, who is your ISP, what brand of card. Have you installed the correct drivers? Was this PCI card supplied by or recommended by your ISP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-home-regards-my-pci-adsl-modem-as-a-network-card.157589/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello. I'm a novice at this. Have connected my main desk top successfully to broadband internet via Belkin Wirelss G Router and Belkin Desktop Network PCI Card. Cannot get second desk top to connect to broadband intenet. Appears to be connected ok to the router but not to the internet. Would appreciate any suggestions as to where I might start looking.

A:Problem networking via Belkin ADSL Modem with High Speed Mode Wirelss G Router

USUALLY, you wire the system to the router first and configure the router
to access your ISP. Typically, you use your bowser to access 192.168.0.1 and log-in to the device.
Once that is working, you enable the wireless feature, set the SSID and your security keys.
Now your ready to configure the desktop to use the wireless.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-networking-via-belkin-adsl-modem-with-high-speed-mode-wirelss-g-router.37610/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello I have D-Link DSL T ADSL Modem and Belkin N Wireless Router The modem works DSL320-T D-Link Internet N+ ADSL Wireless Problem + Router Performance Belkin Modem great on its own connected to the network card in my laptop The problem starts when I connect it to the router doesn t matter wired or wireless connection The internet works but slower and sort of snaps every few seconds To give you an example when I use skype the sound and picture freezes every few seconds or when I click on different websites in my browser every few seconds I get the not connected to the interent D-Link DSL320-T ADSL Modem + Belkin N+ Wireless Router Internet Performance Problem screen - I D-Link DSL320-T ADSL Modem + Belkin N+ Wireless Router Internet Performance Problem have to refresh and it loads fine All those problems dissapear when I connect the modem to the network card of my laptop I tried few things and this is what I found out When I switch the router into Access Point mode it works great wired and wireless as if it the modem was connected straight to my laptop - no snaps skype works great It doesn t help when I turn the firewall off in the router It doesn t help when the QoS option is enabled The router is fine as it works great with cable modem I think maybe there is something wrong because of DHCP option enabled in both devices Here is my ADSL Modem Config DHCP ON Starting IP Ending IP Subnet mask Here is my router config DHCP ON Starting IP Ending IP Subnet mask Please Help nbsp

A:D-Link DSL320-T ADSL Modem + Belkin N+ Wireless Router Internet Performance Problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-dsl320-t-adsl-modem-belkin-n-wireless-router-internet-performance-problem.855476/
Relevancy 72.67%

the Cable connected to the modem, modem conencts to the Wireless router, and that connects to my computer. Since i hardly ever use the wireless router, i decided i want to just connect to the modem. I switched all the ethernet cords and by looking at what i had done, everything should have been working fine.

But that is wrong... I couldnt connect to the internet. I while back i set up a static IP address, but i changed that. the settings look like this now:
(to post this i had to go back to the router and the modem)

when i was trying to use just the modem, windows window bubble came up and said i have little or no activity, and i tried repairing it. windows tried to renew my IP address but that failed so there was nothing else i could think of doing.

what can i do so i can just connect throught the modem?!

A:Im connected through a wireless router and a modem... Want to get rid of the router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/im-connected-through-a-wireless-router-and-a-modem-want-to-get-rid-of-the-router.437277/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello,

I am looking for a tool/application that will be able to monitor the user's use of bandwidth on our network. Ideally, I would like something simple that might list all of the users on our network by IP or Host Name and the percent of bandwidth they use. I am running a Windows 2000 server machine with roughly 30 users.

I have been looking around for a week and cannot locate anything useful. I really really appreciate any help!

Cheers,
Allison

A:Network User Monitoring Tool help?

Do you use the server machine to share the internet connection?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-user-monitoring-tool-help.79440/
Relevancy 70.52%

Desktop XP.
Modem connected to router in the right places. Wireless works, internet works on desktop.

I go to 192.168.0.1
Its the settings for the modem not my DI-624 router? where did this page go??

Relevancy 70.09%

I've got a wireless ADSL router with 4 ethernet ports. I've a desktop using XP and connected via ethernet and a laptop running windows 98 connected using a wireless PC Card. I can connect to the internet from both machines but can't get them to see each other.

Laptop says it can't browse the network. I tried the network setup wizard in XP and created a disk when prompted. Tried disk in 98 and rebooted when prompted. On startup, wizard said it couldn't find network card and couldn't continue.

Any help gratefully received. Thanks.

A:Wireless ADSL router, XP Home connected via cable, Win 98 via wireless card - HELP!!!

Checklist for networking Windows Machines with TCP/IP
-----------------------------------------------------
- PCs which are not XP must have TCP/IP installed.
- Each PC must have a unique computer name.
- Each PC must have a network share defined.
- ALL NICS must be on the same subnet (e.g. IP 192.168.0.* subnet mask 255.255.255.0).
- XP PCs must have Netbios over TCP/IP enabled (only essential for XP to talk to W9X PCs).
- MS Client and file & printer sharing must be enabled on each machine.
- All NICs must have their node type = anything except p-node (peer to peer, or point-point).
* To check, open a command prompt and type IPCONFIG /ALL.
- XP's ICF firewall is permanently disabled. (Only necessary for pre XP SP2).
- All 3rd party firewalls are disabled, uninstalled and deleted (until connection is working).
- PCs have the same workgroup (helps, but not essential for XP/2K, necessary for 9X/ME).

Allow 15 mins after rebooting a PC for that PC to appear in the workgroup, or
for it to see all other PCs. Or you can search for the PC by its computer name.
Additional things to check if you still have problems:
-----------------------------------------------------
- Check your Services are Started on all PCs: Workstation, Server, TCP/IP Netbios helper, Computer Browser.
- XP gives access to its shares via the Net Guest Account. (Note, not the same as the local guest account in user accounts which should be off). Net Guest Account is enabled by default in XP, but to check it, open a command prompt and type: NET USER GUEST
Should return a line with 'Account active yes'.
Check XP Security policies:
--------------------------
- Access this computer from the network: add guest
- Deny logon locally: remove guest
- Network access:Sharing and security model... -> Guest only
- Deny access to this computer from the network-> check Guest is not here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adsl-router-xp-home-connected-via-cable-win-98-via-wireless-card-help.461470/
Relevancy 70.09%

A client has a strange problem in that when his PC with router and behavior ADSL network switch Strange is connected via a Strange behavior with ADSL router and network switch network switch gigabit to the ADSL router A BT Professional thing his download speed is fine but upload is almost non-existant even to the extent that working on websites can be impossible because of timeouts If he connects his PC directly to the ADSL router then the problem goes away Use of the network via the switch shows no problems i e transferring large files from one machine to another and the problem is the same using a different computer All this is working cabled Any ideas what is going on I d not have expected the switch to have any real part in transfer speeds Has anyone seen this behavior before Static IP addresses are in use but I ve tested it with dynamic and the same symptoms occur It s using IPv but I ve not turned off IPv I m intending trying a different network switch just in case it s faulty nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-behavior-with-adsl-router-and-network-switch.1157247/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a Motorola modem router supplied by Qwest I have been frustrated because my internet speed is limited partially because of Qwest service connected to Router modem/router partly because I was told Router connected to modem/router by the installer that my apartment building wiring keeps the speed from reaching what I pay for from Qwest the second to fastest package can t remember Can t get Comcast on this block Does anyone know if it would increase the reach speed of Router connected to modem/router the wireless network if I connected my Linksys wireless G router to this Motorola modem router I don t know if it s even possible but I want to do this because when trying to use internet in one of the bedrooms the internet signal is fairly weak I was wondering if my linksys router would be stronger than the Router connected to modem/router qwest modem router in one If it is not possible to use the linksys router as the main wireless network and disable the qwest modem router so it was strictly a modem would it work better to see about just requesting a modem from qwest what I ve usually done with comcast and then using my router Or would a range extender be a better solution Thanks for anyone s help p s I m also thinking my linksys router might not help the range speed problem enough in which case I d buy something like belkin N nbsp

A:Router connected to modem/router

tmpk said:

I have a Motorola 3347 modem/router supplied by Qwest. I have been frustrated because my internet speed is limited, partially because of Qwest service, partly because, I was told by the installer, that my apartment building wiring keeps the speed from reaching what I pay for from Qwest (the second to fastest package, can't remember). Can't get Comcast on this block.Click to expand...

If the statement is fact (highly likely too), then nothing from your modem to any of your equipment will make any difference

p.s. I'm also thinking my linksys router might not help the range/speed problem enough, in which case I'd buy something like belkin N+Click to expand...

BAD idea. None of the 11n stuff is official and there's lots of compatibility issues with it (belkin or any other).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-connected-to-modem-router.119378/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hey all So I am having this weird problem I have Time Warner as my ISP and previously had a Belkin router for wireless All was well until Time Warner had a snafu in the system and was down for about hours Ever since then I cannot connect to the internet through the router I have to unhook the router completely and plug directly into the not connected wireless get router but Can cable via modem cable modem or no internet for me I took back the Belkin and bought a Can get connected via cable modem but not wireless router Dynex and get the same problem It looks like it might be made by the same company as well due to the same design in the serup options I called tech support and the guy had me do all these tests such as power cycling manually assigning an IP address reseting the router using a different ethernet cable erc None worked so he finally said I cannot help you your router is bad Why did it work before How can two different routers be bad When the router is plugged in all the lights are on except the internet light is blinking This is the same thing that happened with the previous router as well Any help would be appreciated before I take this back and try a Netgear or Linksys model nbsp

A:Can get connected via cable modem but not wireless router

First off, let's see this when you're plugged directly into the modem.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Next, try this procedure for getting a wired connection to the router, we'll work on wireless after this works.

Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on.
Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, you should have Internet access. If not, I want to see this again.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

IPCONFIG /ALL

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-get-connected-via-cable-modem-but-not-wireless-router.672770/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have done this before where I had gotten cable on the month special for months I switched over from dsl to cable so I found a post about how to turn your westel into a wireless router for your cable network It worked like a charm back when I did it before Well my year is up for dsl so I went back to cable on the special as my to cable westel327w modem. router Use a connected my again but this time I can not get the westel to work with Use my westel327w as a router connected to my cable modem. the cable modem again The directions for doing it are here Re Use Versalink W with cable modem It Use my westel327w as a router connected to my cable modem. was suggested to me by the cable forum that I ask here There are two things I am not certain about as I ve lost the detailed directions I had made long ago in case I wanted to do this again For one is ethernet port the uplink port or is ethernet port the uplink port I looked at a user guide and it says E but there is a networking picture over E So I m not sure I have been trying with no avail but it may be because of another issue I am asking to be sure as I ve tried everything anyways The second question I had was should I be using a straight-thru cable or a crossover cable to connect the westel to the surfboard cable modem I am guessing straight-thru if indeed one of the ports are designated as uplink right The funny thing about the uplink port is normally it is a regular ethernet port to hook up to my computer yet for the purposes of connecting a router or whathave you it says that that same port becomes an uplink port So I m not sure if it means it is specially configured to do both without changing the wiring around Not sure that s why the confusion over which of the two cable types to use to connect the two devices with Well I believe I ve tried quite a bit of different ways with the cables and the ports with no luck One thing I notice is that the instructions say to enable dhcp after the first reset happens to the westel but when I check it it s already enabled I dunno why that would be there in the instructions if it didn t need to be done Well I am just grabbing at anything now I guess I hope someone has run into a similar situation and has a solution Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Use my westel327w as a router connected to my cable modem.

Wups, I didn't put in the link:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,13789255?hilite=versalink+327w+cable+modem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/use-my-westel327w-as-a-router-connected-to-my-cable-modem.553503/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi I m using windows OS and Internet DSL Wifi but Router modem not through connected through using Reliance DSL broadband When I connect to internet directly through modem Internet is accessed but when I use D-Link DIR- Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router router Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router It shows you are offline and shows limited connectivity Ip configuration through wired connection is as below C Users Hiren s gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Link-local IPv Address fe c e b a eb aa IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in IPv Address bed e d bed e d Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd cc c b Link-local IPv Address fe cc c b Default Gateway When I try to connect with wifi It shows limited connectivity and I can t open login page for ISP Ip config when connected through wifi is below C Users Hiren s gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Link-local IPv Address fe c e b a eb aa IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in IPv Address bed e d bed e d Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd cc c b Link-local IPv Address fe cc c b Default Gateway C Users Hiren s gt nbsp

A:Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router

I also tried friend's TP-Link router, with my Cable, Then it connects perfectly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connected-through-dsl-modem-but-not-through-wifi-router.205006/
Relevancy 69.23%

My desktop recently broke so i bought my first laptop I have AT amp T DSL and i bought a new D-Link DSL- B modem router so i could have wireless internet I called for help on installing it and i was able internet connected but no Modem/router D-Link New access to use it with the ethernet cable however when i tried to use wifi it worked for only about minutes before it New D-Link Modem/router connected but no internet access disconnected Now when i try again it says that it is connected full bars but it also says there is no internet access and i cannot use the internet I need help fixing this problem Also before with the old modem i was able to just connect the ethernet cable to the laptop and just start using the internet Now i have to connect by putting in my username and password provided by my ISP almost like if it was dial up I don t know why i have to do this now but not before please help thank you Tech Support New D-Link Modem/router connected but no internet access Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO N A N A Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

I have a new N600 Netgear DSL modem/router. I was able to install the internet connection but no the Wireless. It keeps asking me for a PIN number . They say it is on the device itself.

A:Solved: Cannot get new Netgear DSL Modem/Router connected to Wireless

yes, the pin number should be written on the label on the router

otherwise connect to the router by a cable and then you would need to loginto the router configuration pages and goto the wireless section where you can read the pin code

do you have the exact model N600 is generic for a few netgear models- again it will be written on the label on the router itself

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-get-new-netgear-dsl-modem-router-connected-to-wireless.1103532/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi all...............

I used to think I was good with PCs.......but I'm struggling with this one!!

My ISP is NTL (Virgin). I was connected via the USB and all was well. I recently purchased the router above. This router uses the ethernet cables, which I believe I've put in correctly, but if I leave in the USB it uses that route & if I remove it.........I get nothing!! I'm having no joy. I want to keep a wired connection for the PC and have the wireless for the games machines etc.

Can anyone help??

Sorry..a little more information. when I tried to re-install the modem using the ethernet cable option, an error came up saying..'put the USB cable in and try again!'

Relevancy 68.37%

before I trash it Hi folks I ve just bought a Belkin ADSL Modem with High Speed Wireless G-router The networking bit filesharing to my other PC no probs using the same company s wireless USB adapter but I can NOT get it to connect to my Tiscali Internet account and I m on the point of putting it through the modem/router: connection" Belkin Help! ADSL "NO window On the grounds that I think new forum users like me should search to see if the question has already been asked answered before I did a search and did see that a Belkin ADSL modem/router: "NO connection" Help! chap called Diamond Geez had a very similar problem in July but sadly I ve not been able to get the solution offered to him to work in my case The scenario is that I ve put my user-name and password in the appropriate boxes on the router s web-based set-up screen and dispite the fact it s home page confirms the correct upstream downstream figures and both modem-lights are illuminated green on the Belkin ADSL modem/router: "NO connection" Help! front of the modem router I cannot get it to connect always showing quot NO connection quot in red at the top of the screen I ve tried various options such as alternating the connection-type from PPPoE to PPPoA and back again I ve tried LLC and VC MUX encapsulation all to no avail I have DHCP Server enabled on the LAN setup I have DNS ticked as quot Automatic from ISP quot I m coming to the end of my thether Any geniuses any ideas before I set fire to the bloody thing Really REALLY appreciated John nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Recently a week ago i bought a belkin N router When only modem is connected i get nice n fluent network connection from my ISP Reliance Broadband wireline But as soon as working modem Solved: Belkin N150 to Router not My when connected i connect my router to modem it shows me limited connectivity No internet access I called my ISP customercare they told its problem in router they cant don anything about that and when i called Belkin customercare they are blaming for problem from my ISP On router and Modem all the lights blink as how a working router n modem has to work When i turn on wifi on my mobile i can find my router s name displayed so i connect it by giving name Solved: My Belkin N150 Router not working when connected to modem n key password But not a single webpage opens Below are my Network Configuration Windows Please go though it n suggest me with a good solution techguys ipconfig when only MODEM is connected Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sachin-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List reliancebroadband co in Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - D-F - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday February AM Lease Expires Tuesday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -BC- -E - - - D-F - -F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address bee bee Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab eea Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe eea Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled x x x x x x x ipconfig when my Belkin Router N model is connected to my MODEM i e input of router is connected to output of modem and output of router is coonected to my CPU i e LAN Card Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sachin-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - D-F - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday February PM Lease Expires Friday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -BC- -E - - - D-F - -F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap Belkin Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes x x x x x x x This is the status shown on Belkin Router website i e http router when router is connected Status Language Current Language English Avaliable Languages English Fran ais Deutsch Espa ol Nederlands Italiano Version Info Firmware Version F K ... Read more

A:Solved: My Belkin N150 Router not working when connected to modem

My problem is solved guys
Just change the DNS Address i.e. the Secondary DNS Address to 8:8:8:8 from the
website 192.168.2.1 or http://router
Restart the router see its CONNECTED........
Router will definitely start working.........my routerr started working though HAPPY

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-belkin-n150-router-not-working-when-connected-to-modem.1090995/
Relevancy 68.37%

I just purchased the Asus RT-AC87U to be able to take advantage 802.11ac connection speed. I have to connect this to an Actiontec combo cable modem/wireless router. I directly connected a CAT7 wire between the two routers (LAN connection on the Actiontec to WAN on the ASUS). Any devices that are wirelessly connected to the ASUS network can not see the devices on the Actiontec network, both wireless and wired. I would like to be able use all devices connected to either router. Any help is appreciated.

A:ASUS RT-AC87U connected to cable modem/wireless router

this may help - to connect two routers together
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together

http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Connecting_two_SOHO_broadband_routers_together

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-rt-ac87u-connected-to-cable-modem-wireless-router.1135249/
Relevancy 68.37%

i want to see what my girlfriend is doing while im at work. she keeps a password on her computer as soon as you turn it on. she has windows 7, i have vista and the router is a netgear wireless n router.

A:i want to see what a user is doing on a laptop that is connected to my router.

Against the rules I'm afraid, my friend.No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/boardrules.php

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/326934/i-want-to-see-what-a-user-is-doing-on-a-laptop-that-is-connected-to-my-router/
Relevancy 67.51%

My neighbor is using my Belkin Router the basic one and has comcast. We both use his internet and have had no problems until the past 3 days. He just got the home phone service from comcast and the phone line is setup through the modem. Ever since comcast came to his apartment and set this up the home phone service to his modem the router is connected but there is no internet access. What is going on and how can I fix this. He has an HP with windows Vista and I have a Toshiba Satellite L675 that has Windows 7 Home premium edition on it. Can someone tell me step by step on how to fix this on both laptops please He is frustrated with it and so am I. I am hoping to get an answer as quick as I can!! Thank you so much

A:Belkin Basic Router is connected to a Comcast modem but no internet access

We both use his internet Click to expand...

that will be against the T&Cs of the ISP _ they will have a clause about sharing between premises - so we can help here - closing post

also you would have read the rules on joining
http://www.techguy.org/rules.html
WiFi "Piggybacking" / "Wardriving" - We do not support the act of using someone else's Internet without permission. Also, please note that almost every ISP prohibits sharing your Internet connection with another home, and we will not assist you in breaking their rules.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-basic-router-is-connected-to-a-comcast-modem-but-no-internet-access.1028641/
Relevancy 67.08%

I manage lots of small networks that use shared ADSL connections to the Internet. These connections are capped at 3Gb per month, after which there is no connectivity. I have spent weeks trying to find a simple program that will enable me to see a list of LAN users and how much bandwidth each has used within a certain date range. I just cannot find anything that does the job - they are either way too complex or just don't give me the info I need.

Can anybody suggest a package?

A:ADSL Monitoring software

We use Wiswan here:
http://www.networkcomputing.com/919/919sp1.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adsl-monitoring-software.445970/
Relevancy 65.79%

Problem:
I have a PC that has to connect to a server through a modem for security reasons.
While it is connected to the modem, a screen needs to be printed.
The printer that is being used is connected to the local network.
While connected to the modem, attempting to print gives the error "The RPC server is unavailable."

System:
Windows XP Professional SP3
Printer server is Windows Server 2008
Modem is old 56k modem connected by serial port (don't think that matters)

What I've tried:
I have tried modifying the routing table to force connections to the subnet that the computer and printer are hosted on.
route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0 METRIC 40 IF 0x2
ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53, ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2 is the integrated NIC
The RPC service is running, and I have also started the RPC locator

Any suggestions what I should do next?

A:Unable to print to network printer while connected to modem

These are correct

ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53,
ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2
but this is not

route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0
and should not be necessary at all, if the PC gateway is on 10.1.61.x

Instead, get the output of ROUTE PRINT and post that

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-print-to-network-printer-while-connected-to-modem.195362/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello Guys I've been searching for the past days a solution but nothing came up to work Tried different things nothing Cable access ipv4 ipv6 internet no network no to connected modem, good yet So I'm directly connected to a modem cable and well Cable connected to modem, ipv6 no internet access ipv4 no network my computer takes time to identify and then identifies it first a a public network i was able to change it to home ipv no internet access ipv no network access Here's my ipconfig log Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Volumes Untitled System syst txt Windows IP Configuration Host Name TheRealThing-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List flets-east jp iptvf jp Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix flets-east jp Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - A- A- -AF-E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a bb de f e eb Pr eferred Temporary IPv Address a d a d f Pre ferred Link-local IPv Address fe bb de f e eb Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway fe e ff fe a c DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - A-C - C- - D- - - DNS Servers a f b a f a NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List flets-east jp iptvf jp Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C- - D- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - -D - B-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b d bd Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c e e c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained octobre Lease Expires octobre Default Gateway b DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - A-C - C- - D- - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A - EB- BDC- -C AB E FB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap gateway wire net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B D- D- E - -EB C F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix flets-east jp Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AF ED-DA F- CF-B B- A ECC D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface C D- F- DE- C- A C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I was able to get the latest driver of my Broadlink card Didn't change anything I tried manually setting the IPs but honestly it was my first time ever using ipv I don't know why I had to use them also and maybe don't exactly know how to use this Windows trouble shooter tells me it's a DNS server error If you know anything Cheers m

A:Cable connected to modem, ipv6 no internet access ipv4 no network

Hello and welcome M3 I see you have been waiting for some time now so just to start the ball rolling mate have you checked in the Device Manager for any anomalies ie yellow triangles alongside the adaptors etc?
It might be worth trying to update them anyway see this so that we know what the adaptor's are

Using HW Info general components

DownloadHW Info and pick the right bit version - HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download - (copy andpaste this site into the search bar) If you do not need the running informationin the smaller right hand panel close it. In the left hand window click on the+ for the individual device groupings and they will open out to the variouscomponents.

Go onopening out further until you get to the device itself. click on it and it willhighlight. In the right hand window there will be a very detailed descriptionof that device as in brand, speeds model number etc etc These are very detailedand are just what is needed for searching for drivers etc.
Seemy pic for an example - in this I have opened out one my components and then highlighted one of the one you need andyou can see the detail (mine is the adaptor in this machine

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/350383-cable-connected-modem-ipv6-no-internet-access-ipv4-no-network.html
Relevancy 64.07%

For years I have used an home network printer connected to an US Robotics Router USB input from any of my home computers XP Win Win Never a problem From two days suddenly my Desktop Dell Optiplex running Windows B is no more able to use the printer I have done every network Router connected printer known attempt to solve and read everything I Router connected network printer found googling around Reinstalling Router connected network printer the printer canceling any Firewall and AntiVirus I have even moved the printer to local USB with direct connection and I printed without problems Verified the tcp address and port data on the router Checked the spooler and the printer IP address on the US Robotics router Of course the other computers continue to print regularly on the printer trough the network printer connected to the router All the Router connected network printer network IP are fixed and the network works without any problem with many other items CAMs iphone AppleTV ipod etc AccessPoint - for the WiFi part of the network- and Extender I did many other tests I am not going here to list Always without any result Formally the printer seems to be ok but I am unable to get even a test page from that computer Disinstalled and installed many times cleaning the registry not to have dirty data For your knowledge I have not done any conscious action or modification that I could presume to be the cause of that failure I need to solve this problem therefore pls any kind of idea is very well accepted even crazy one Thanks a lot Manlio nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

Hello Guys,

I wanna Know That I hab a nokia siemens SL2_141 modem which is not in use...beacause I dont have anymore BSNL connection. Now I am using A Wireless Modem of MTS. Recently I have Buyed New Phone I wanna Use wifi...
So ,Wanna Know From You Guys...

HOw Can I connect Internet of my Wireless Modem to The Wifi of nokia siemens SL2_141 Modem.I have Attached A photo So that U ppl Understand properly..

Pls, Help me out with this Problem
OS-Window 7 (32bit)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A:Connect a Wireless Modem to ADSL modem for Wifi

The "nokia siemens SL2_141" is a modem/wireless router combo; I assume that "A Wireless Modem of MTS" is also a modem/wireless router combo.

If my assumption is correct you can use the Nokia as an ethernet switch and wireless access point ...

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-a-wireless-modem-to-adsl-modem-for-wifi.1085317/
Relevancy 63.21%

My computer has been acting up lately,I haven't made any changes to my computer or anything but it seems to just not want to connect to the inter for more than 5 min. My othe computer on the house seems to connect fine, but mine will only connect for 5 min the can't find the network for 15 min and it does this repeatedly. I tried updating the drivers but there were no updates available. I ran the troubleshooter and it couldn't find a problem, it just said to make sure I was in range of the router, which I am because my computer was working fine in the same spot about a week ago. Anyway I am out of ideas of how to fix this, please help asap because I am on the Internet a LOT so this is bad for me, thanks.

Relevancy 63.21%

I have bought a cheap wireless router for home-use. Since I still need wired connection for my main PC, I have connected an additional lan cable to the router and the PC. I'd like to know if there is any degrade in terms of the signal (e.g. speed, quality etc...) that comes out from the router? If it's likely, I 'll take away the router when downloading big files or playing games with my PC

A:any degrade of the wired network connected to a router?

It makes no difference unless its s very low speck one the only thing is if you have two things connected they both take bandwidth

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/124032-any-degrade-wired-network-connected-router.html
Relevancy 63.21%

When attached to my Belkin router, my network connection shows "Connected to <router name here>". But when I connect my LAN to my TP-Link router, it doesn't show that extra connection in my network connection?

I'm using an old dos software that somehow needs this "connected to router" shown in the network connection. I think the software needs to somehow "dial" to the router or "listen" to the dial tone or something. How do I make it appear? Some kind of vpn or something?

A:Network connection shows connected to router

In Windows, go to Start/Run and type ncpa.cpl and press enter. In Network Connections you should see the Local Area Connection. right click it and choose Status It should say you are connected. If your Ethernet cable is plugged in and it is connected to your router.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-connection-shows-connected-to-router-650535.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have 2 Westell 327w modem/routers (its a 2 in 1 device)...and i want to be able to have them both plugged in at the same time and working. I dont necessarily want to combine their connection, but rather have 2 seperate connections with the two devices. Thing is, I only have one working dsl slot in my house...nothing can be done about that. So i have a phone splitter on that slot, and then have the two dsl cords going to each 327w. How can i have both plugged in at the same time, with both routers working correctly.
p.s i just want a router in my own room...and my parents want their router in theirs. dont ask why haha.

Relevancy 63.21%

Every now and then the internet will stop working on my PCs. I have 2 near me at all times and both will stop working, a wireless lappy and wired desky lol.

It will come back in a moment or in a little while. I havent figured out if its the router or the cable modem.

Is there some tests i can do to find out the culprit?

A:Network comes in and out sometimes goes down router or modem?

Bypass the router a directly wire the connection from the cable modem if it still happens then you probably have a bad modem if not then a bad router. How old are your router and modem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/183775-network-comes-out-sometimes-goes-down-router-modem.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi guys.

I've been struggling with this for a while, and I've run out of ideas (and internets...)

The problem is: my Vista machine (Compaq Pressario CQ60 with Atheros Wireless card) connects to the network, gets (valid) IP address by DHCP, but can't even ping router. All other machines (Linux machine and Android phone) work just fine.

Things I've already tried:

Installing all Windows UpgradesDisabling Windows FirewallDisabling Avast FirewallsDisabling User Access ControlSetting static IP (above .100)Disabling IPv6 communicationChanging WPA security settingsClearing the ARP/DNS tables

So... I've run out of ideas. Full system virus scann is going on right now. Have anyone had similiar problem? Can you tell me what else can I try?
Unfortunatelly I have no physical access to the router and it's settings, so I can't change anything on this side.

Any help or idea will be appriciated

A:Vista connected to the wireless network, can't even ping router

Can you follow this tutorial so that I can see your IP configuration which may help me in determining the cause of your problem - Network Posting Tips

Also, when you complete a ping request do you ping the IP address or the hostname? If the hostname then please try to ping the IP address as this may be an issue with your DNS servers.

Lastly, what is your router make/model as some routers disable ICMP echoes (ping) therefore it may be a setting on the router that needs changing.

Many thanks,
Josh!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/300806-vista-connected-wireless-network-cant-even-ping-router.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Can someone walk me through securing my modem / router / network ??

I've already got everything connected and working, but I know nothing about how to set up a secure network, or securing my current network.

If it matters, I have a Netgear model C3000 modem / router. I have a self built computer running windows 10. I have Mediacom for my ISP.

A:Help securing my modem / router / network

Have a look at these:

How do I secure my wireless network with the Smart Wizard interface? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/127326-help-securing-my-modem-router-network.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all Hoping someone can help me I m not the world s greatest computer girl but I know enough to be good at following directions I have Comcast internet including a modem and router both installed by the company around months ago details below A few times recently I will suddenly lose connectivity My laptop wireless connection shows that I am connected but quot No Internet Connection Connection" "No Connected, (modem but router) Internet wireless + quot Laptop browsers as well as my consoles so I know it s not just the PC all show DNS errors RCA modem Model DCM MAC E Netgear wireless router MAC A B DCE Of course it seems to happen on Friday afternoons when I get home from work requiring a service visit on Sunday at the earliest and resulting in potential service charges and WORST a whole weekend with no internet I ve spoken to multiple Comcast reps and all they do is push a new signal to the box When that doesn t work it seems they just want to get me off the phone asap and schedule a service call Last time the guy came to my house and ended up solving it by unplugging everything He said to try this and quot pray quot Well I ve tried to no avail I m piggybacking on someone else s connection now and hoping they don Connected, but "No Internet Connection" (modem + wireless router) t kick me off before my conference calls and gaming lt lt this weekend I ll be Connected, but "No Internet Connection" (modem + wireless router) eternally grateful if someone can help me Let me know any info I can provide Thanks nbsp

A:Connected, but "No Internet Connection" (modem + wireless router)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-but-no-internet-connection-modem-wireless-router.1052022/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all Got a problem that i need help with I have a Netgear DGN router wired to a desktop machine running windows In another room i have another desktop machine running windows XP I have a access to to connected Network but no Adapter internet Solved: router netgear WN v network adapter connected to this machine The network adapter says it is Solved: Network Adapter connected to router but no access to internet connect to the router the icon in the bottom right hand corner is green and the signal strength is in high s yet when i start up internet explorer the message i get is quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot Also in the house there is a laptop running windows connected wirelessly Solved: Network Adapter connected to router but no access to internet - no problems another laptop running windows xp connected - no problems and an Xbox connected ok Been on to netgear tech support all they could suggest was to lower the security settings on the router ultimately lowered down to disabled - still nothing Disabled homegroup on the windows machine still nothing running out of ideas now Can someone out there help please Cheers Infiniti nbsp

A:Solved: Network Adapter connected to router but no access to internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-adapter-connected-to-router-but-no-access-to-internet.973400/
Relevancy 61.92%

For years I had never problems to print using a network printer attached to USB print server port of an US Robotics router My home network has two Win PC and two XP all from Dell Few days ago only the Windows computers send printings to spooler queue where they get stuck I worked several days on this argument doing many attempts I have investigated installation problems so as permissions spooler firewall and antivirus drivers latest available system files corruption or similar problems etc without any good result If I move the printer to Windows computers local USB the printer installs immediately and prints The Router network wont anymore connected printer print network is OK fixed IPs and I had no problems on sharing folders etc on W and XP computers I googled every possible discussion so as on Microsoft and Dell forums no success I am not a newbie on IT stuff but I am unable to understand why suddenly the W computers are unable to address the printer Its network address is fixed by the router printers Samsung and has Router connected network printer wont print anymore been so for years Thanks for your time

A:Router connected network printer wont print anymore

Quote: Originally Posted by Manlio

For years I had never problems to print using a network printer attached to USB print server port of an US Robotics router. My home network has two Win 7 PC and two XP, all from Dell. Few days ago only the Windows 7 computers send printings to spooler queue where they get stuck. I worked several days on this argument, doing many attempts.
I have investigated installation problems so as permissions, spooler, firewall and antivirus, drivers (latest available), system files corruption or similar problems etc., without any good result.
If I move the printer to Windows 7 computers local USB, the printer installs immediately and prints.
The network is OK (fixed IPs) and I had no problems on sharing folders etc on W7 and XP computers.
I googled every possible discussion, so as on Microsoft and Dell forums, no success. I am not a newbie on IT stuff but I am unable to understand why, suddenly the W7 computers are unable to address the printer. Its network address is fixed by the router (192.168.1.1:1631/printers/Samsung) and has been so for years.
Thanks for your time

Hi Manlio,

Welcome to Seven forums.

Please let us know which printer model is the one you are using over network. Also, let us know the if you are able to printer wirelessly from the XP system.

Check this link below to reset the spooler service which should help you resolve this issue:

Print Spooler Queue - Clear and Reset

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308525-router-connected-network-printer-wont-print-anymore.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Today I decided to move my modem-router over the phone cables box. After plenty of holes and plenty of UTP cable I got +2-2.5Mbit and I'm pretty happy about it.
There is however a small problem however.

In the position of the modem-router I installed a router and now I see no network (with the IP 192.168.1.x) from the network 192.168.0.x

Check the image to see more details

What's wrong the IP? I have definitely something wrong! Does any subnet need changing? Do I have to change the IP address of the modem-router that ends on the switch?
HELP!!!

A:Setting up 2 modem-routers and 1 router, cannot see 2nd network

The second router needs to be configured as a WAP if you want them all to see each other.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-2-modem-routers-and-1-router-cannot-see-2nd-network.909434/