Windows Support Forum

Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n)

Q: Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n)

The (Tp internet connect to 740n) router link via Unable to router worked fine in the past until recently my ISP had a break in the cable line and repaired it Now I am unable to connect to the internet If Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n) I connect the ISP s LAN cable directly to PC windows and do the following steps Control panel gt View network stats and tasks Setup a new connection or network gt Connect to the internet gt Next Broadband PPPOE gt Next Type in username password gt Connect Internet works fine This means there is no problem with the internet connection However if I connect the ISP s LAN cable to the quot blue quot port of the router and the short LAN cable to my PC then do the following steps Open http tplinklogin net It shows me router config page Click Quick setup gt Next Select PPPoE gt Next Type in username password gt Next Leave the Wireless Page untouched gt Next Click Reboot Wait till router reboots It does not work the router page shows quot Connecting quot but does not connect at all Here s the router log TL-WR N System Log Time - - s H-Ver WR N v S-Ver Build Rel n L M W PPPoE W M G st day OTHER INFO User clear system log st day PPP NOTICE PPPoE start connecting st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n)

Please help me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-internet-via-router-tp-link-740n.206843/
Relevancy 86%

Hello,

I have a Lenovo, Windows 7 Home premium 32bit. McAfee controlling my firewall.
Unable to connect to internet. Connects to my wireless network. Timewarner has given up since my other HP xp computer works. Router has problems but works OK with my HP and vonage devices.

The router is D-Link WBR-1510. Could somebody help in finding if this router is compatible to Win 7?

How do I "blow out the NIC"? How do I identify devices from drivers to uninstall?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

A:Unable to connect through D-link router WBR-1510

Have you looked at the Settings for your fire wall? it could be a problem with McAfee I know I have had troubles with them not plaing very nice with any program in the past and sometimes they will simply lock down all the prots on a computer and not let any traffic through so I would check the settings on your fire wall first before doing anything else.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/262132-unable-connect-through-d-link-router-wbr-1510-a.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi,I bought a new HP Pavilion dv6830us laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium.My previous one running XP was
able to access the internet with my US Robotics router.This one is not.I have been able to get a signal from my
next door neighbors D-Link DL-624 router.He has moved and left me his router but now I am unable to access the
internet with it.I was still able to use it while it was still next door even though it wasn't even connected to a
computer,just a Bell South modem.Can you help me figure out why I can no longer use it.I have it connected to my
Bell South modem.It is showing I am connected and at full strength.Thank you.Jane

Relevancy 81.7%

Hi I have a D-Link DIR- WLAN router The router has access to the internet - I can tell since I have a couple of devices connected to this router via Wi-Fi However when I connect a device to the with connect LAN Cannot D-Link can via (but to router via Wi-Fi) internet router via LAN one of two things happen The device gets an auto IP of X within the range specified in the router s DHCP settings subnet gateway and DNS The computer is connected to the network but not to the internet The device gets an auto IP of XXX XXX XXX gets connected to quot Unidentified network quot without internet access If I manually enter the settings for the device IP for example subnet gateway DNS I still have no LAN access to the internet The router has the following settings Router IP Address Default Cannot connect to internet with D-Link router via LAN (but can via Wi-Fi) Subnet Mask DNS Relay - Enabled DHCP Server - Enabled DHCP IP Address Range - DHCP Lease Time minutes How come I can connect to the router wirelessly but not with wires BTW the wires are fine Any suggestions on how to resolve this Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Cannot connect to internet with D-Link router via LAN (but can via Wi-Fi)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-internet-with-d-link-router-via-lan-but-can-via-wi-fi.996188/
Relevancy 81.7%

Not to long i had just purchased a D-link DI-524 router and when i first hooked it up it was working fine I had access to the internet and everything, but just recently it won't connect. when it is connected to the router it say it has a connection, but when i go on the internet i can't connect. Once i hook it up to my modem though i have a connection. I'm not sure what the problem could be, I'm new to this stuff so if anybody can help I would appreciate it. Thank you

Relevancy 80.84%

I have been trying to connect my Dlink wbr wireless router to the internet First off it worked earlier today when i had verizon as my ISP now that i got Comcast which has a different modem it doesn t want to work I can connect to the router but when i try internet D-link to Solved: router connect does not the to go to a website it said quot server not found quot so right now the only way i can get on the internet is if i connect the computer directly to the new comcast modem once done i want the computer to be connected Solved: D-link router does not connect to the internet to the internet wirelessly Does any one know any way to get the wireless router to work again i have been working on it for hours now here is what i have done cycled the router with modem many times check computer network setting checked router s firewall and wireless settings and have disabled the firewalls on the computer Dlink router works Comcast modem works Computer connects to Comcast modem Computer connects to Dlink wireless Computer window vista nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

Been trying to sort out my mother in law s laptop for about hours and need some help Its a Toshiba laptop and she has a d-link wireless router The laptop will successfully connect to the internet through an ethernet cable and will connect to the wireless network fine but when wireless i cannot access the internet I have an iphone which connects to the wireless network and accesses the web perfectly I have tried everything I can think of and find online to try and talktalk tech support won t help as its a hardware setup issue Please see the dump of the ipconfig all below Can anyone help Windows IP Configuration Host Name Barbara-laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown wireless - can internet connect but d-link router no 2680 IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search d-link 2680 wireless router - can connect but no internet List dlink com Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix dlink com Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Ad apter Physical Address - -B - - - F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast E thernet NIC Physical Address - E- -FB- B-AD nbsp

A:d-link 2680 wireless router - can connect but no internet

I have seen this a few times and 1 had a virus that stopped it from working on wireless but would work on Ethernet.
There are also a few malware that can do it to.
I suggest down loading the free anti malware removal software and running a full scan.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-2680-wireless-router-can-connect-but-no-internet.1090716/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi there, I'm having a bit of an issue with one of my computers. It's fairly new, running on Windows Vista.

I am able to connect to a wireless router (Belkin), but I am not able to connect to the internet on this one particular computer. Another desktop computer on the network is able to access the internet. I just get the error "Internet Explorer cannot display the page" on the laptop whenever I attempt to open IE.
I've read through quite a few similar problems on other sites, but have yielded no solution. Any suggestions?

A:Able to connect to wireless router, but unable to connect to the internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/able-to-connect-to-wireless-router-but-unable-to-connect-to-the-internet.971764/
Relevancy 78.69%

I have just rebuilt a laptop for a friend. I downloaded the latest drivers for the wireless connection from Acer website. They have installed correctly.

I can connect the laptop to the router by wireless and I can browse the local network and see the other PC's BUT the internet is shown as not connected. Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit. Other wireless devices (iPad for instance connect to the internet fine).

I have re-booted the router.

Anyone got any ideas?

A:Solved: Unable to connect to internet but can connect to router.

Same with an ethernet connection?

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following commands:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

ping 8.8.4.4

ping yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-internet-but-can-connect-to-router.1106274/
Relevancy 76.11%

good day my modem seems to be bad my thoughts the twc says it is working perfectly however i do not think so about weeks ago it stopped working with our router i have since tried other different routers on it linksys g the original linksys b and netgear g brand new never been out of the box none of these routers would to unable the internet router connect to through connect to the unable to connect to the internet through router internet however if i hook directly to the modem internet works fine Is there a way to tell if this is a problem with the router or the modem thanks in advance i have included an ipconfig all in this post this was done with just the modem no router lt Moderator Edit - Font size reduced - the forum default font size is adequate for most use gt Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List neo rr com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description USB Wireless LAN Card Physical Address C - A- -C - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix neo rr com Description Intel R V- Network Connecti on Physical Address - D- - E- - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ad ac c e fcea Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday April PM Lease Expires Tuesday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EF- -CC- - D- - E- - C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter VirtualBox Host-Only Network Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - - - -D - D DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a cd cdf Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EF- -CC- - D- - E- - C DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap E AB- - -BD B- BB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix neo rr com Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address cbc e e cbc e e Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap neo rr com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix neo rr com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B -D F- -AC -B DDE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users gt nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

My router suddenly seems unable to connect to the internet through my modem. I've been troubleshooting it for a couple days now and nothing seems work.

My router and modem both work perfect, individually.
Connecting a cable from my modem to my PC lets me get online.
Connecting a cable from my modem to my router doesn't work, link light remains off.

Router is a D-Link N750(DIR385)

Connection Type : DHCP Client
Cable Status : Connected
Network Status : Disconnected
Connection Up Time : N/A
IP Address : 0.0.0.0
Subnet Mask : 0.0.0.0
Default Gateway : 0.0.0.0
Primary DNS Server : 0.0.0.0
Secondary DNS Server : 0.0.0.0
Advanced DNS : Disabled

A:Unable to connect to internet through router

can we see an ipconfig /all when connected to the modem

have you tried a powercycle - see below
have you tried a factory reset on the router - make and model of the router

when modem connected to the router can we see a WAN Status page from the router configuration pages please

------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to power cycle

“power cycle” process to reboot or reset the modem/router

Switch off all the devices modem, router and computers also unplug their power cables.
Wait at least 1 to 5 minutes,
Plug the power cords back in, but don’t switch them on.
First turn on the modem and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Next switch on the router (if a separate device) and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Now turn on your computer, You should now be able to access the Internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-internet-through-router.1080776/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello there Heres my problem - I m trying to get a computer working which is in my work place which has previously worked a few weeks ago There are another computers which are connected to the internet fine without problems Its running Windows XP and in network connections it shows the local area network icon only and shows connected to connect router Unable or internet to but it only seems to Unable to connect to router or internet be receiving as the sent bytes are on zero Heres what Unable to connect to router or internet Ive tried - Ive tried typing in the routers IP address in internet explorer but it doesnt even get to the screen where you can type the username and password None of the machines would work with obtaining an IP automatically DHCP so I manually put in IP addresses in these machines and these are working perfectly Ive got for instance IP address Subnet mask Default gateway and DNS the same as default gateway the only thing different on the nd machine is the IP address obviously Ive done exactly the same settings on the third machine but it just does what ive explained above I forgot to mention that this is a fully wired LAN Any help would be much appreciated and any information you need from me just let me know Thanks in advance Dean nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi guys, asking for help another time.

Recently there was a thunderstorm around my area. I turned off all the computers in the LAN, thinking it was the right thing to do.

Afterwards, when the storm had passed, I found out the Internet wasn't working.

If I connect the modem directly to the computer, the connection works fine, but if I use the router, the internet does not work.

The router is: D-Link DL-514 and has given us no problems B4 this.

I have absolutely no idea why the internet is not working. When I connect thru the router, it shows me as connected to the internet, and I can still share files through the router, however, I can not connect to IE, Outlook or MSN Messenger etc.

Should I reset the router? I really don't know what to do! Help!

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi,

I have recently decided to dual boot between XP MCE and Server 2003 Enterprise Edition. The installation was a success, however, I am unable to connect to my router on Win 2k3 and the internet. XP works perfectly though. I did some searching, and I found out 5 things to resolve this problem:

1) Disable DHCP - Disabled already
2) Install the NIC drivers - Installed and updated
3) Disable "Network Load Balancing" - I have no clue how to disable this
4) Disable Internet Explorer's "Improved" security system
5) Call tech support

I am just asking for some way to disable Microsoft's Network Load Balancing (Because someone said that after disabling it, it worked perfectly) and/or help me figure out why it won't connect. I have manually edited the registry's DHCP and it STILL doesn't work.

Regards,
idontknow

Relevancy 75.68%

Hi I'm trying to share G dongle's internet by creating virtual hotspot Hosted network is started and my phone is connected but i cant access internet by Wifi ICS in Windows Pro I tried disabling symantec endpoint and windows firewall Please help Windows WLAN driver Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt netsh wlan show hostednetwork Hosted network settings ----------------------- Mode Allowed SSID name quot miWi quot Max number of to internet Virtual router/ICS via Unable connect to clients Authentication WPA -Personal Cipher CCMP Hosted network status --------------------- Unable to connect to internet via Virtual router/ICS Status Started BSSID xxxxxxxxxxx Radio type n Channel Number of clients C Windows system gt netsh wlan show drivers Interface name WiFi Driver Intel R Dual Band Wireless-N Vendor Intel Corporation Provider Intel Date - - Version INF file C Windows INF oem inf Files total C Windows system DRIVERS Unable to connect to internet via Virtual router/ICS Netwbw sys C Windows system DRIVERS Netwfw dat C Windows system drivers vwifibus sys Type Native Wi-Fi Driver Radio types supported b g n a FIPS - mode supported Yes w Management Frame Protection supported Yes Hosted network supported Yes Authentication and cipher supported in infrastructure mode Open None Open WEP- bit Open WEP- bit Open WEP WPA-Enterprise TKIP WPA-Enterprise CCMP WPA-Personal TKIP WPA-Personal CCMP WPA -Enterprise TKIP WPA -Enterprise CCMP WPA -Personal TKIP WPA -Personal CCMP Open Vendor defined Vendor defined Vendor defined Authentication and cipher supported in ad-hoc mode Open None Open WEP- bit Open WEP- bit Open WEP WPA -Personal CCMP

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/70808-unable-connect-internet-via-virtual-router-ics.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Running WinXP. I get a good subnet mask and IP address, can ping my default gateway but cannot access the internet. Have been able to successfully get out to the internet through the router on this computer in the past (months ago). Don't know of any changes that were made to the computer before internet connectivity was lost. A different computer running Win2K that is connecting through the same router is able to access the internet. Any ideas?
Thanks,
gzevspero

A:Can connect to DSL router but unable to access internet

Welcome to TechSpot
Try swapping the ethernet cable, try another port on the router.
Try to ping the XP from the W2K.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-connect-to-dsl-router-but-unable-to-access-internet.18189/
Relevancy 75.68%

I have a netgear router, model cg814wg. My main computer is directly connected to cable, and the other 3 computers in the house access internet via this router. This morning, none of the peripheral computers are able to access the internet. If I click on "wireless connections", my connection site doesn't even show up. I have done everything my internet site recommended (Charter), including rebooting the computer, unplugging the router, etc. ...still nothing. My IP address on the peripheral computers is showing an invalid address, as it's starting out with 169. any ideas are greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance,
Kelle

Relevancy 75.68%

I have a Linksys WRT54G wireless router. I know it works because I was just using a few days a go. I was attempting to reconfigure it so my neighbors would stop using my network. I tried to go through the installation cd and followed all the directions. I even called Linksys and spent an hour on the phone to no avail. I know it's not the modem because I'm using it right now. What can I do to fix this?

A:Linksys router unable to connect to internet

Need more info:
Cable or DSL ?
Error msgs?

Have you reset the router to it's default settings?

Have you checked the Linksys site for current firmware updates?

Is it only a wireless connection that is failing or does the hardwaired connection also fail?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-router-unable-to-connect-to-internet.724177/
Relevancy 75.68%

I think I have a problem with my router I used to have a Belkin N and that worked fine until it broke So temporarily I m having to use a Pluscom one I found lying around but router Unable to Solved: Internet to connect the problem is that I can connect my laptop to the router but I cannot connect the Solved: Unable to connect router to Internet router to the Internet I m using Windows Vista and I have WiFi built into my Sony laptop The signal strength is consistently on Excellent In the quot Network and Sharing Centre quot it clearly shows that my computer is connected to the router but the connections between the router and the Internet is broken shown with a red X between the two icons If I try to connect to someone else s network I can connect to their router and the Internet so I m assuming I m going wrong with my router somewhere Anyone have any ideas about what I could do to resolve this issue Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G HR Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled I wanted to put a to router connect internet Solved: with to Unable password on my router When I tried to login I tried various generic usernames and passwords but it would not accept any of them The label on my router Netgear WPN v says the default username Solved: Unable to connect to internet with router is quot admin quot and the default password is quot password quot I do not recall ever giving it a password Anyway they did not work I figured I had to start all over so I reset the router with a paper clip and I went to and it would not let me on without a password I put in the installation CD but it will not run I even tried to install it on a laptop I have but it would not run on that either And now My router won t access the internet at all Am I missing something really obvious here Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 74.82%

Mine is a dell vostro laptop using windows i am able to connect to internet with my modem that is scientific atlanta But i am trying to configure it with my dlink router i am not getting connected Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Rajeev Sagi gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name RajeevSagi-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid internet dir to my connect with to 300 dlink Unable Solved: router IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No PPP adapter you Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description you Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - C- - -EF-FC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Solved: Unable to connect to internet with my dlink dir 300 router Address bc c f bcc fa e Pref erred Solved: Unable to connect to internet with my dlink dir 300 router Site-local IPv Address fec c f bcc fa e Preferred Temporary IPv Address bc c c c f e d Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe f bcc fa e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained December AM Lease Expires January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - B-CF- - -B - -FC- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Controlle r Physical Address - -B - -FC- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f c b f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - B-CF- - -B - -FC- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap - AEE- - DC-E CE F C B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c ed e Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c ed e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A DA- E B- CC- - FFA BAF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address bc bc Preferred Default Gateway c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap E C FD -EF - FF -BA E-E B C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Rajeev Sagi gt pi... Read more

A:Solved: Unable to connect to internet with my dlink dir 300 router

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Rajeev Sagi>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : RajeevSagi-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1C-26-16-EF-FC
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2002:7bc9:9649:c:9855:333f:7bcc:fa1e(Pref
erred)
Site-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fec0::c:9855:333f:7bcc:fa1e%2(Preferred)

Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : 2002:7bc9:9649:c:6c99:c139:7f1e:6d4(Prefe
rred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9855:333f:7bcc:fa1e%12(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.101(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 25 December 2010 AM 8:38:11
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 01 January 2011 AM 8:38:11
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 218111014
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-14-74-1B-CF-00-19-B9-85-FC-21

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controlle
r
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-19-B9-85-FC-21
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2002:7bc9:9649:c:c167:f5c0:b419:f302(Pref
erred)
Site-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fec0::c:c167:f5c0:b419:f302%1(Preferred)

Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : 2002:7bc9:9649:c:b4ac:a80e:20af:3b9e(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::c167:f5c0:b419:f302%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.100(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 25 December 2010 AM 9:03:21
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 01 January 2011 AM 9:03:21
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::9855:333f:7bcc:fa1e%11
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 234887609
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-14-74-1B-CF-00-19-B9-85-FC-21

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{68646664-3AEE-4085-93DC-E6CE2F7C10B7}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter #5

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 9:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter #3
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-internet-with-my-dlink-dir-300-router.970487/
Relevancy 73.96%

Desktop won t connect to internet I have a Belkin router and my laptops connect to the router w/wired to can with and desktop internet to Unable laptops but connect internet My Netflix Rokus connects to the internet I have tried your suggestion with reset winsock and reset IPv TCP IP stack to installation defaults etc Nothing I tried pinging and this is what happened C Users Administrator DESKTOP gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Administrator DESKTOP gt ping Pinging Unable to connect to internet w/wired desktop but can with router and laptops with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Unable to connect to internet w/wired desktop but can with router and laptops Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Administrator DESKTOP gt ping Ping request could not find host Please check the name and try ag ain C Users Administrator DESKTOP gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Administrator DESKTOP gt ping yahoo com Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again C Users Administrator DESKTOP gt ping yahoo com Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again C Users Administrator DESKTOP gt ping www yahoo com Ping request could not find host www yahoo com Please check the name and try ag ain Do you think that my desktop is broken This is what came up on ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Administrator DESKTOP gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name TanyasDesktop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - B-B - B-CF- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b c b de b P referred Temporary IPv Address b c d a fae abd Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe b de b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday August PM Lease Expires Monday August PM Default Gateway fe ff fe DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E- - E-DC- - B-B - F- B-E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description isatap Belkin Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Unable to connect to internet w/wired desktop but can with router and laptops

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-internet-w-wired-desktop-but-can-with-router-and-laptops.1065626/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi friends ...

I hav bsnl broadband connection in my home.... I connected a tplink wired for browsing...

I also have a belkin wireless router..... I connected those routers.... And only wired communication is possible
and i cant access in wireless connection... Pls help me

i m sttuggling....

Relevancy 67.94%

I have a D-Link WBR-2310 wireless router.

It was working fine until I tried to secure the network by setting a password and username at http://192.168.0.1/

I completed the forms but when I chose to save the settings the browser indicated that it was loading a new page but it did not change and I did not get any error message.

It may be important that I was using the wireless network to change it's own settings.

The network is still listed in my available wireless networks as unsecured with it's default name but I can not connect to it.

Also, the page for http://192.168.0.1/ does not load when I plug the modem straight into my laptop and the reset button on the router is non-functional.

A:D-Link Router does not connect

Hi:Any router changes should be made using a hardwired connection to the router.
See if that helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-router-does-not-connect.905026/
Relevancy 67.94%

So my problem is that my Pc cant find my router but can find others in the same area I have had this problem ones before but its some time ago and i dont remember what to do My router is a D-Link dir- and im using a Linksys Wireless-G Cant D-link connect to router. PCI Adapter Evrything worked fine untill the internett suddenly went down and i had problems with connecting from diffrent devices in the house so in the end i held in the little button on it that says restar as far as i know it should get back to quot Factory settings quot if i do that After i reset it and went trough the quick install disc Cant connect to D-link router. that followed adding a name to it and a password as i have done before But after this i still dident manage to connect to the router with my PC but laptops iphones and PS can still connect to it so im sure its somthing with my PC or adapter but i have no idea to fix it I dont rly know what i should post so i just post what i got from the TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI G M-P MS- Antivirus None nbsp

A:Cant connect to D-link router.

Does your system recognize the wireless adapter in the "Device Manager"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-d-link-router.1059306/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hmm... Im using a d- link router and i have the same problem

A:Can't connect to D-Link router

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-d-link-router.619883/
Relevancy 67.94%

So my problem is that my Pc cant find my router but can find others in the same area I have had this problem ones before but its some time ago and i dont remember what to do My router is a D-Link dir- and im using a Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter Evrything worked fine untill the internett suddenly went down and i had problems with connecting from diffrent devices in the house so in the end i held in the little button on it that says restar as far as i know it should get back to quot Factory settings quot if i do that After i reset it and went trough the quick install disc that followed adding a name to it and a password as i have done before But after this i still dident manage to connect to the router with my PC but laptops iphones and PS can still connect to it I dont rly know what i should post so i just post what i got from the TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI G M-P MS- Antivirus None nbsp

A:Cant connect to D-link router.

So it seem like i realy am a Beginner at this xD

I kept searching around for answers and found one just telling mee to **** down evrything, modem,router and PC and now it works
But i would still like to say that this website looks like a awesome place

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-d-link-router.1059307/
Relevancy 67.08%

Ok Everything was working fine with my laptop and my wireless rounter until my brother took the laptop to school to use it there. now I cannot get an IP address for the life of me. I try to repair the connection but it cannot complete that because it can't renew the IP address. Any Idea how to fix that thanks.

Relevancy 67.08%

I've been trying to set up my new router, but for some reason I can't seem to even connect any computers to this router. Every time I get the same message "PC Ethernet cable is not properly connected. Please check the cable connection and make sure the router is powered on". I've been trying with several computers and cables. I've tried to configure it maually aswell, but my computer can't find it.

Thanks for help.

A:Can't connect and install D-link 655 router.

I'm a bit fuzzy on your problem. You say you can't connect to the router - have you tried rebooting the router and computer after the Ethernet cable is connected? If you do that, can you then logon to your router using the default username & password?

Does the router require software to be installed? I once tried to install one on a friend's computer without following the exact directions in the CD that came with the router - I failed. When I followed the CD exactly, it worked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-and-install-d-link-655-router.864685/
Relevancy 67.08%

I got this d-link router and i dont know what to do with it anymore i cant connect to it even tough the ethernet light is blinking when i connect the cable to it and my computer everything seems to work fine but when i want to connect to it or use the internet it just doesnt work...i made some screen shots, im really out of ideeas i hope someone can help me out. Thanks alot!

Relevancy 67.08%

Hey everyone I am new to setting up routers since I never bought a router before This is the first time I actually bought one I ordered the D-link DIR- router online at Walmart com and I ll be receiving it this Monday which is the th so I am asking my questions on here now so I could be prepared Please let me know what questions everyone has one for me I don t have a wireless card in my PC so I to How a connect DSL modem DIR-815 a to D-link router? will be connecting wired How to connect a DSL modem to a D-link DIR-815 router? to get WiFi via WAN and LAN ports right First before I forget I have a Windows -bit desktop PC if that helps We are working with a DSL modem residential How to connect a DSL modem to a D-link DIR-815 router? line without phone line using a coaxial cable and Ethernet cable from modem into the PC May someone please provide step by step walk through instructions by connecting this D-link router to my modem and WiFi and for me to use the WPA security I have an iPhone with Verizon If I want to use my iPhone to get WiFi from the router and turn off the Internet on my phone and use WiFi only on my phone how would this work Thank you if someone could provide info nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

Bought a new router TP-Link TL-WR N Since the day I plugged it in my Fedora machine will no longer connect TP-Link can connect router, only computer one to internet Windows machine didn t have a problem with new router I have reset the router re-booted the router changed TP-Link router, only one computer can connect the NIC in the Fedora machine Network manager says that it is connected but no web page will open The light on the router is on and blinking It can ping the router and the other computer on the network It can ping google but it will not open in a browser Firefox resolv conf returns Generated by NetworkManager nameserver nameserver nameserver I can access the router s web configuration page It shows that the Fedora box connected as I set the dns server to and this didn t change anything When I open the router page it shows the Fedora box connected with IP of DNS is set to and nslookup works in Windows machine in Fedora it returns connection timed out no servers could be reached iptables-save returns filter INPUT ACCEPT FORWARD ACCEPT OUTPUT ACCEPT -A INPUT -m state --state RELATED ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -p icmp-j ACCEPT -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW -m tcp --dport -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -p udp -m state --state NEW -m udp --dport -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -d -p udp -m state --state NEW -m udp --dport ACCEPT -A INPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW -m tcp --dport -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -p udp -m state --state NEW -m udp --dport -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-probibited -A FORWARD -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited COMMIT arp -an on Fedora at e d ether on p p arp -a on Windows Interface --- x Internet Address Physical Address Type a- - - - - dynamic Interface --- x Internet Address Physical Address Type - - - e- -d dynamic Hope I have provided enough information nbsp

A:TP-Link router, only one computer can connect

Wireless or wired connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tp-link-router-only-one-computer-can-connect.1123097/
Relevancy 66.22%

Previously, I used a Belkin router for internet connection and connected to printer via ethernet cable. Belkin had frequent disconnects to internet, so I decided to use my D-Link DIR-655 router from another home. While it works well for internet, it will no longer connect with my printer, either via ethernet or wirelessly. I must carry my laptops to the printer and us a USB cable to get printouts. I am planning on moving to a Verizon 'hot-spot' and eliminate the routers completely soon and will maybe have this same issue. How can I resolve this matter? Thanx for any help you can provide.

Relevancy 66.22%

How do i connect my CC to my DIR 605L router.

This is what the support said

I got the suggestion that i should
Enable Multicast Streams and wireless enhance mode

I did that.

Have posted screenshots of the error message and other shots

What else can i do

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3032 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 45 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1), 1292 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 99898 MB, Free - 40932 MB; D: Total - 205243 MB, Free - 196791 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0U315R
Antivirus: Symantec Endpoint Protection, Not Updated

A:Chromecast does not connect with my D Link DIR 605L router

Your router is shown as not working with chromecast in the default settings
https://support.google.com/chromecast/table/6207416

You've done the possible workaround and it still is not working.
The next step is to contact D-Link support
http://support.dlink.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/chromecast-does-not-connect-with-my-d-link-dir-605l-router.1150997/
Relevancy 66.22%

Help - I m desperate I have had no problems with my D-Link G router until now I have only one laptop connected to the router Compaq Presaro running XP and days ago stopped connecting I have tried turning the power on off on the router and reseting with the pin in the hole I rang my ISP who suggested I right click the LAN connection and instead of quot Obtain DNS sever automatically quot I was to quot Use the following DNS quot and she gave me some numbers She said my broadband connection looked OK from their end but admitted that there was a problem and seemed unsure when I asked if it could be a problem with my computer I tried their suggestion but it did not solve the problem and my test results are still the same When doing the Test on the router I get the following Testing Ethernet connection PASS Testing ADSL Connection Testing ADSL line for sync PASS Testing Circuit for Network Connection Testing Ethernet connection to ATM PASS Testing ATM OAM segment ping PASS Testing ATM OAM end to end ping PASS Testing PPPoE server connectivity N A Testing PPPoE server session N A Testing authentication with server FAIL Validating assigned IP address FAIL Testing Internet Connectivity Router. - D-Link can't Solved: connect. Broadband Ping default gateway FAIL Ping Primary Domain Name Server FAIL Query DNS for www dlink com FAIL Ping www dlink Solved: Broadband - can't connect. D-Link Router. com FAIL I am at wits end and have no idea what to do next The only thing that has happened lately Solved: Broadband - can't connect. D-Link Router. is a Microsoft automatic update and I ran Adaware and deleted critical objects I have since done a system restore back to st April but with no difference Thanks in advance I am on dial-up at the moment that costs me by the hour nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Hey people purchased a new D-Link DIR Xtreme gigabit N and want to know if I can network my old usb lexmark optra t laser printer to the router The router has a usb port which according to online documentation allows D-Link to usb to Solved: printer connect How Router a a usb printer connection through the usb port The documentation is not clear on whether the printer has to have buit-in server functionality mine isnt and has to be connected to a computer to Solved: How to connect a usb printer to D-Link Router work The printer at this point is connected to a mac on the other side of the room I have a pc that is connected to the router Solved: How to connect a usb printer to D-Link Router wired rj and does not have a wireless adapter I would like to use the printer as well but not sure if the printer connected to the routers usb port could work or if I have to purchase a wireless adapter for my pc to be able to use the printer via the router usb To sort this mayhem my question Is it possible to connect my printer to the router through the usb and be able to connect to the printer from my pc without a wireless adapter From what I have read online is that just connecting the printer to the router s usb port will allow multiple computer access to the printer not sure whether this means wired or wireless Any takes on this mayhem thanks nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

I have spent several hours trying to fix this problem as well as several pounds on a per minute vigirn support hotline I am trying to connect a TP-Link TL-WR G wireless router to my virgin BB connection so it can be used with the laptops in our student house as connect BB Link wireless will not to TP Virgin router well as the playstation and it simply refuses to work Laptop I dont think its a problem with my windows Vista fujitsu siemens laptop i can pick up my bt wireless broadband connection at home as well as my girlfriends virgin bb in her house Router The router TP Link wireless router will not connect to Virgin BB is brand new and i would be surprised if it has a problem although i took it over and tried it on a different virgin connection and it didnt work on it I have read the manual and communincated TP Link wireless router will not connect to Virgin BB with the router with a lan cable and TP Link wireless router will not connect to Virgin BB quot set it up quot which i done through dynamic IP as opposed to static or ppoe i was advised to disable all security which i have done and the last piece of tech advice i got was to run a ping through the ms dos which read pinging pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out ping statistics for Packets Sent Recieved loss loss I have know idea why he was asking me to do this but maybe someone can spread some light on it Connection Next up is the internet connection which is fine as we can get a cabled connection through the PS and of the laptops for whatever reason mine will not connect through the lan port to the internet not sure if this is important Its also important to add that the other laptops are dell one xp one vista Mine runs with Vista Error messages ok to cut it short in vista there is a network and sharing centre i go into it and there is three icons router--------------laptop---------X--------Internet line between router laptop is green so i click on the X between laptop and internet and it automatically tries to repair the problem then it gives an error message saying i have a DNS problem and should connect my ip even though i have contacted them and they have not made any reccomendations As you can see i have had fun trying to solve this problem im thinking i am safer off just sending it back to where i got it and getting a different router but i wonder if i will have the same problems is this repairable nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

I have the D-Link WBR- Rangebooster G Router connected to my Comcast cable modem It works fine with my main PC with XP Pro that s connected via ethernet cable as well as with my work laptop a Lenovo T with XP Pro and a music player I the WBR-2310 D-Link Dell Only my to won't router connect have the Roku SoundBridge M Only my daughter s Dell Dimension has problems connecting to it with its Dell Wireless Wireless adapter It quot finds quot my wireless network and says quot limited or no connectivity quot and when I attempt to repair the connection it fails to renew the IP address I ve rebooted the router multiple times alternating between using a security key and not The other devices always connect the Dell just won t it has before but it s always had issues Should I just go buy a D-Link wireless adapter in the hope that it will be easier to match up with the router or is there some way I can get this stupid Dell adapter to work nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

I've lost the security key to the d-link router. So i can't connect my new laptop to the internet.

I've got a vista laptop, a d-link router and a vista desktop which is connected to the modem and router.

can anyone help?

Thanks.

Relevancy 66.22%

I am exhausted trying to figure this out. I reformatted XP on my laptop. After that I could not connect to my d-link wireless router. I brought it to a friend's house and it connected to his router but still wont connect to mine. I'm not very literate when it comes down to technical stuff, but I tried renewing my ip address and it would come back with all 0's or it would have a 254 in it which according to some of the other posts on here is bad. Do I have to change settings or reset my router? I'm hitting a dead end here...

A:Reformatted, now cannot connect to d-link wireless router.

Sounds like the router has encryption and you have the wrong encryption key. Disable ALL encryption and MAC filtering on the router and see if you can connect that way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reformatted-now-cannot-connect-to-d-link-wireless-router.875884/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi Guys!

I have a D-Link wireless router DIR-524( it has 4 LAN ports, no USB port) and i want to connect my USB printer HP Laserjet Pro P1106 to the network. Want to know if that is possible?

A:Solved: Can i connect my usb printer to D-link wireless router?

You would need a USB wireless print server
adapter to do it.
That printer does not have wireless built in.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-i-connect-my-usb-printer-to-d-link-wireless-router.1076450/
Relevancy 65.79%

Need help, been trying to get this set up for a week, no luck. Tried ringing TP-link but can not understand what they are talking about. I am a novice computer user, but understand plain english instructions.
Here's what i am trying to do...... TP-Link 8616 adsl modem + TP-Link 1043 Gigabit N wireless router.
I plug in the modem, power & telephone connection (orange broadband, not dialup). Connect the only lan port on the modem to the WAN port on the router. Connect the router lan port to my computer running Windows 7. I can see the router in my network, but there is no internet connection.
Can anybody point me in the right direction, before this drives me insane. I have definately got an internet connection because i am replacing a netgear modem router combined which works fine.

A:Solved: How to connect tp-link modem to tplink router.

... can not understand what they are talking about.Click to expand...

I doubt that lack of understanding has anything to do with you. The TP-Link 8616 is a modem/router combo, but even their user guide refused to say that anywhere. Its default LAN IP address is 192.168.1.1, and I'm guessing that's the same as for the other TP-Link router. Glancing through the manual I saw no way to bridge the 8616 (make it work as modem only), so you have two choices if I'm right about the LAN subnet used by the 1043. By the way, I could find nothing about that router, but did find information on TP-Link TL-WR1043N and TL-WR1043ND routers.

a. Change the subnet used by one of the routers; e.g., to 192.168.3.x.

b. JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-connect-tp-link-modem-to-tplink-router.969616/
Relevancy 65.36%

I am having a strange problem with my home network. I am using D-Link DIR 615 WIFI router and our using a cable broadband service. Couple of Smart phones  is connected with that Network. How ever i am unable to connect my  HP M4 1003 tx notebook with said Wifi router. It says no internet access every time i try to connect it over the wifi but if i use a Ethernet cable it works fine. I have upgrade software on  notebook as well. But no use.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/d-link-dir-615-unable-to-connect-my-hp-M4-1003-Tx-laptop/td-p/5730576
Relevancy 65.36%

Dear Guys, Good day to all... but I am having bad days !!!!

I am using : Windows Vista-32bit OS
My system is Fujitsu Siemens Laptop Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz
Problem: Unable to connect to http://www.intervoip.com and some other sites.
I am connecting to internet through ADSL2 modem- TP-LINK 8910G modem.
Since last week everything was perfect. All of a sudden unable to connect.
While I am working with the same Laptop at the office, everything is perfect(at office I am using Speedtouch modem). But when I go home and try to connect.. it never connects. Most of other sites are woking perfectly. I feel the problem lays with the Modem itself. Could someone help me to get rid of this problem. I have utilized almot 20 hours googling to resolve this issue. Nothing worked. Please assist me.

Jaleel

Relevancy 64.93%

i have never managed to work out how to connect wirelessly can anybody help me step by step to do this? is there any reason why the d link router might be incompatible with this model of laptop?

A:have toshiba satellite 660/660d and d link router cant connect wirelessly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/have-toshiba-satellite-660-660d-and-d-link-router-cant-connect-wirelessly.1063032/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi, Excuse my lack of technical terminology here, but since I have had my laptop (with Windows Vista) I have been unable to click on a link to an email address, e.g. if there is an email address within the body of an email or within a website, if I click on to send them an email, an error message comes up
"mailto:_______ (the email address) Application not found"

Also another problem which I would say if related: I am trying to click on a link in a website to add my email address to their mailing address, and it comes up with the error:
"Windows Internet Explorer
Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed"

But apart from this problem I have not had any other problems sending and receiving emails.

I hope this is enough info? Sorry I am new at this.

Thank you.

A:Unable to open up or connect to an email address link

From your error message I will assume you are usingInternet Explorer?.

Installing any version of Office that has Outlook should fix the problem. Or installing Windows Mail from http://download.live.com/ should also fix the problem.

If neither of them work you can always try updating Internet Explorer to the latest version. http://update.microsoft.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-open-up-or-connect-to-an-email-address-link.770713/
Relevancy 62.35%

Ok so me and my brother have the EXACT same computer and he can connect perfectly fine to the new router The card we are using is listed under quot Microsoft Wireless PCI Adapter MN- We are running Windows to Connect Unable New To Router XP PRO SP I could connect to my old router just fine Once this new router came along i started getting problems For Instence it says it will automaticly connect but it dosn t i try manuly connecting it trys for about - mins and says it cant connect Now i can t connect to any other router that pops up when i search all of them do the exact same thing Unable to Connect To New Router It sets it to Automatic and Unable to Connect To New Router just sits there when you try to connect it does nothing we have tried reinstalling all internet software and nothing works Some Times it says we are connected but i m not When i go into Broadban Network Utility it says there is a problem connecting to the network There is no error msg after pressing connect it just goes back to the automatic setting If any one give help that would be great I ve tried other things said on multiple forums and nothing seems to work Remeber it was working perfectly fine and then we put the new router in and it dosn t work Me and my bro have the exact same computer wireless card and all Thank you for the help in Advanced - nbsp

A:Unable to Connect To New Router

You can either use the Windows wireless software (Wireless Zero Configuration) or the adapter`s own software. Whichever you`re using at the moment, try the other one and see if it helps. There`ll be a tick-box at the top of Wireless Networks in Wireless Network Properties to change the option.

Jenny

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-new-router.973197/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi everybody i had created a work group of five to six computer through a wirless and wired router provided by the isp but the problem is when ever i try to connect my windows 7 pc to win xp pc it say enter network password which i have tried ..............what was mentioned in every forum but the result is same ...............any had tried it and got a better idea please help is needed .....................other wise i am able to connect to win 7 from win xp by wireless and wired also

A:Win 7 unable to connect of win xp through router

How are you trying to connect to your windows XP PC? Network shares or Remote desktop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/258535-win-7-unable-connect-win-xp-through-router.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I recently changed from high speed Internet to high speed Cable and bought a Motorola SB modem Connected to the modem is my Cisco router WRT N V I can connect to the Internet when I connect my LAN cable to my router but router connect to to Unable am unable to set up my router to communicate with my wife s and my laptop Below find information to diagnose the possible problems My first computer is an Acer Aspire G- My wife s computer is and Acer Aspire - Thank you Scott Windows IP Configuration Host Name scott-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS Adapter Physical Address -FF- -E - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN Unable to connect to router adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -C -E -E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -C -E -E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - D- C-AE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dd a b d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October- - PM Lease Expires October- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -CA- -A - - - D- C-AE- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap D DD B - F A- -AD C- F F C E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e b be e fb c Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe b be e fb c Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DAE -C AA- A-A D-BFFEF A D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DBE- A - E- D-E D E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And Config Renew this message is displayed Tunnel adapter isatap DAE -C AA- A-A D-BFFEF A D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap DBE- A - E- D-E D E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CD C - D- C- - BF D DCAD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap E A- - A-BBDA- A EC E F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users scott gt nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

I was attempting to port foreward for my PS but was having no luck Long story short I tried changing internet access router settings after changing or Solved: Unable router's IP. to the Solved: Unable to access internet or router settings after changing router's IP. router s IP to see if it would work Here s where the problem began I changed it from to which I believe may have made it conflict with my modem Now I m stuck not being able to access the internet through the router at all or access the router s configuration to change it back When I try to access it I just get a quot Page not Found quot The computer connected directly to the router is running Windows XP The Router is a Linksys WRT GS v I ve tried disconnecting the internet from the Router to see if it would stop the conflicting problem if that is indeed the problem but it didn t work I ve tried setting up many different static IP adresses for the computer connected to the router directly but it didn t work I ve tried nearly everything but I just can t get it working I m posting this through a computer connected through a switch to my modem Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Unable to access internet or router settings after changing router's IP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-access-internet-or-router-settings-after-changing-routers-ip.887788/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a lenovo u running windows a couple of days ago it seemed my computer was infected with something giving a series of security warnings I had not seen before not av security suite It slowed the computer down for a few minutes After closing these messages there seemed the to infection, possible connect connect does can but internet router/wireless not to now network, to be no problem but then my computer was no longer connect to the internet It connects to our router wireless network but not to the internet I tried resetting and unplugging the router and the modem but still no luck We have two other computers possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet on the same network that are connecting to both the network and the internet I tried running rkill and malwarebytes twice and no malicious items were detected I restored the computer to an possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet earlier point - days earlier On the toolbar in the bottom right of the taskbar it possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet shows a white signal bars with a quot quot inside a yellow triangle If I click on the network button it states it is quot connected quot to the network It describes the connection as quot excellent quot - bars Above the display of the available networks it states quot currently connected to Unidentified network No Internet access quot I am not computer savvy and have not run into this problem before Thanks for your time and help

A:possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwarePlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for trac... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396665/possible-infection-now-can-connect-to-routerwireless-network-but-does-not-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello I own two routers - D-Link DSL- another connect (via Router a Solved: modem) as router Internet used to cannot ADSL not wireless and D-Link DIR- wireless The set-up used to be like this - Internet ADSL cable pluged Solved: Router cannot connect to Internet (via another router used as a modem) in Solved: Router cannot connect to Internet (via another router used as a modem) DSL- router - PC connected to DSL- via Ethernet port - DIR- connected to DSL- Ethernet port to Internet port - DSL- works as a modem - Laptop wirelessly connected to DIR- Everything has worked note it wasn t me who set this up Unfortunatelly I have reseted the DIR- wireless router because of some troubles Now the wireless router doesn t connect to the Internet I can connect either computer via cable with the first router and it works like a dream Computers can also see the DIR- router when connected to it via cable but it does not see the Internet I ve switched the setup on and off several times Cables work Computers work they can see Internet from other sources I guess I need to configure the wireless router in some certain way but I really have no idea how I d be grateful for your help nbsp

A:Solved: Router cannot connect to Internet (via another router used as a modem)

Probably IP Address conflict as both D-Links would usually use 192.168.0.1 for default internal (LAN) IP.

You would need to change the LAN IP address of the DIR-615 to another subnet such as 192.168.2.1 for a modem LAN port to router WAN (Internet) port connection unless the DIR-615 can be set as an access point. Will need to check the User Manual to see. Will pull up a PDF and check.

Another option would be to set up using the following method by John Will.
Connecting two soho routers in a network
Tutorial from Johnwill from the Networking Forum

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

Hopefully one of these will lead you in the right direction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-router-cannot-connect-to-internet-via-another-router-used-as-a-modem.1082208/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have purchased a new wireless adsl router Aztech dsl605ew.
I tried to connect wifi with my vista dell laptop but message shown that: Windows cannot connect to xxx.
I used my other xp laptop to connect and I'm able to connect to the internet via wifi.
Any idea where's goes wrong?

A:Unable to connect to wireless router

Have you installed security on the wireless connection (Wep, wpa?) If so, might be worth changing to a different protocol (eg, if WEP use one of wpa protocols, if wpa, use wep or a different wpa. Also could try removing it altogether to see if that's causing issue).

Sometimes two wireless devices are just incompatible (so you basically have to replace one of them - eg, different router or different wireless card in the laptop - or could try a usb dongle to check) or vista might be causing the incompatibility. Does your vista laptop connect ok with other wireless networks? If you haven't tried it, best to before perhaps having the router replaced.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/220979-unable-connect-wireless-router.html
Relevancy 61.49%

hi ,
I have compq nx6110 laptop and im trying to connect wireless connection with D-link adsl router and its not working. Now I am also unable to connect through wire as well..... please help its really urgent/

Relevancy 61.49%

Hello new to the forums stumbled here after trying to google up a solution to my recent network problems I've recently made a clean install of W Home Premium -bit on my PC and now I can't access my internet connection through my router I'm currently connected directly through the broadband modem I've tried connecting through wifi to the router with x86 W7 connect Unable after to through router install several other laptops running different Windows- and Mac-OS' but all -bit without any problems Unable to connect through router after W7 x86 install accessing the internet Then I tried another laptop with -bit OS which didn't work so I've narrowed down the problem to some conflict with the router due to -bit OS The router modem is D-Link DIR Cisco W is updated Using ESET Smart Security v firewall and antivirus Guessing I have to change some settings in my router but I don't know where to start since I'm no network technician Any suggestions on what might cause the problem Additional info will be provided if neccesary To clarify I want to be able to connect to the internet through my router right now neither cable nor wifi works I can find the home network and other devices on it but I can't access the internet

A:Unable to connect through router after W7 x86 install

You have two x64 computers that can't connect. Do both of them run ESET? If so, uninstall (do not disable) ESET and reboot to see if that's causing the problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/178297-unable-connect-through-router-after-w7-x86-install.html
Relevancy 61.49%

My router used to be unsecured with out a password so I decided to reset it and add a password using the option "WPA-PSK [TKIP]" just to be safe. But now when I try "to connect to a netwok" my NETGEAR router shows on the window with a red "X" and a message that says " The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements for the network ".

I do know the passphrase, user name and password that I set for the Netgear router but when I try to connect to the network there's not an option for me to enter any password or anything, all I see is the above message on the "connect to a network" window.

Thanks for any suggestions.

A:Unable to connect to router after resetting it

The first step is to reset the router to default values (without the security).
Then make a new connection to the router without the security.

If you're able to connect, then re-enable the security on the router and on the computer.
Sometimes a bit of corruption may occur in the computer or the router - and this will usually fix it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/183410/unable-to-connect-to-router-after-resetting-it/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a Netgear RP v router installed and have no problem accessing the internet The manual states I can access the router by typing http into my brouser This does not work as I only get search results for quot quot when I should get a prompt to enter the router Unable Solved: to router to connect user Solved: Unable to connect to router name and password I am connected to Shaw cable and the router is correctly connected between the cable modem and my PCI card D-Link DE- Ethernet PCI adapter in my computer My setting taken by run quot command quot and quot ipconfig all are ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Microsoft R Windows DOS C Copyright Microsoft Corp - C DOCUME BCV gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name p d gbxph Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description D-Link DE- Ethernet PCI Adapter Physical Address - -BA- - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained February PM Lease Expires January PM C DOCUME BCV gt ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Noticing that the IP Address is given as I tried it in my internet explorer brower and got the Solved: Unable to connect to router same result I only have one computer connected to the router and maybe this is part of Solved: Unable to connect to router the problem Hoping someone will be able to help me B nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

The wireless network shows with good signal but when I try to connect to it it always tells me I can t Interestingly enough my other three laptops can connect wirelessly to the router just fine and this netbook I m using is able to connect to other wireless routers like the one at school This netbook is also able to connect to the router connect to router wireless to Unable successfully only when it is wired Here s Unable to connect to wireless router the basic computer specification from TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M processor MHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM GMS GML Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Unable to connect to wireless router Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC HD x xx EeePC- Antivirus BitDefender Antivirus Updated and Enabled Here s what I did Windows troubleshoot it says an error at access point but offer Unable to connect to wireless router no solution Refreshed the adapter Refreshed the modem and router Made sure the setting of the router is correct i e DHCP is enabled MAC is enabled Tried to connect without password Updated Reinstalled my driver Did the Windows router compatibility test or whatever it said the router is suitable Can someone please please help This is driving me insane nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

I followed a link from facebook and a suspicious pop-up came up I believe at this point my desktop became infected The wireless internet connection indicator in my router to Unable connect wireless to system tray showed a red X over it I was still connected however and able to access the internet When Unable to connect to wireless router I clicked on the internet connection it just said that my current settings didn't match those of the connection At this point I updated my anti-virus software free version of Avast and Malwarebytes also free version figuring I didn't have long before I lost the internet completely I tried deleting the internect connection profile from the Manage Network Connections section of the control panel WHen I tried to reconnect to my home wireless network it continued to tell me that my passphrase was incorrect and it Unable to connect to wireless router wouldn't connect However I know that the password is correct and that the wireless router is was more on that later connected to the internet because I could access the wireless network with other devices iPad for instance I ran a quick scan in Avast didn't find anything I ran a full scan with Malwarebytes and it found a lot of things I removed them I restarted my computer and logged in using Safe Mode with Networking I ran another Malwarebytes' scan and it didn't find anything The issue persists I tried resetting the wireless router to factory settings I was able to connect to it with my desktop again and access the router settings I was able to rename my wireless connection and assign it a password again However as soon as I did this it reset the connection and then my desktop was unable to connect to it again It goes back to telling me that my passphrase is incorrect whenever I try to connect to it The killer here is that now that I've done this my other devices can still connect to the wireless router but they no longer reach the internet Unfortunately I'm at work right now but I'm concerned that I won't be able to access these forums at all once I return home unless I can restore my internet connection I am seeking advice on how to address the infection in my home desktop PC As far as the internet connection goes my plan is to disconnect my home PC from the wireless completely reset the router to factor settings again and try to set up the wireless router using a clean system probably by bringing my work laptop home and using it to set up my wireless router again It would be great to know if there is any additional software I can download from here and install on my home desktop using a flashdrive or something since it seems to be prevented from accessing the internet directly Thank you for reading my post and I'm hopeful you can help me get this straightened out

A:Unable to connect to wireless router

Hello, don't know your Operating system, for the connection..Please click Start > Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the runbox and press enter.Click the Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UNcheck it and click OK/OK to exit.Now check if the internet is working again.ORGo to Start ... Run and type in cmdA dos Window will appear.Type in the dos window: netsh winsock resetClick on the enter key.Reboot your system to complete the process.If needed : type these one line at a time, press enter after each line. See if it works after each.netsh interface ipv4 resetnetsh interface ipv6 resetipconfig /flushdnsWIN7.. Please Download this file, Click MeRight-click on winsockfix.bat and click on Run as Administrator.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541441/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-router/
Relevancy 61.49%

When I woke up this morning my PC running xp64 would not connect to the internet. I reset the modem and the router. I set my IPs manually on my wired connections, but on this one I turned on DCHP, this did not fix the problem. I have have tried IP repair and ipconfig release/renew. I have switches Ethernet port on the computer, and tried using WinSockFix. Also ran these commands
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ip reset reset.logI am running ad aware now, got some hits, after it finishs i will post back here.

Anything else you guys can think of? any other info you want?

Relevancy 61.49%

Hey, I've recently reinstalled my Windows 7 Home Premium and I since my PC does not detect the router.

I've tried using a SKY recovery disk, but that failed and nothing happened.

Do I need to download a specific driver so the PC can detect the router?

If so, does anybody know where I could download it? Or any advice will be helpful

Thanks in advance

A:Unable to connect a wired router

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

So - you have a LAN cable (wire) going from your computer to your router, correct? Look at the place where the wire connects to the computer and let me know if you see a little green or orange light.

Also let me know if you see the network adapter via these screens:
Start > Control Panel > View network status and tasks (or Network and Sharing Center)

In the upper left corner of that last screen, select the link named "Change adapter settings".

Do you see any adapters on that screen? If not, then you might need a driver so that Windows can make use of the network adapter... but we will deal with that after you let me know about the two things above.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/256319-unable-connect-wired-router.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Ok let me start by saying that I am not that experienced with networking lingo so any responses should be as simple as possible Pretend you are speaking to a nd grader I have searched a many of pages but have not found a solution to my problem I recently purchased and successfully installed a NetGear N dual band router WNDR My desktop has no connection issues My iPod Touch has no issues connecting to the wireless network However NetGear to Router Connect to Unable my phone HTC Aria my work computer Dell Latitude D Win XP and my brand new HP Slate Win Pro cannot connect to the network The network is discoverable by all the devices but the cannot connect I removed all security and Unable to Connect to NetGear Router still was not able to connect I reinstalled the router and still not able to connect I restarted the router and still not able to connect The Dell did previously connect to unsecured networks in my neighborhood but does not seem to like my newly set-up network I am most surprised that the Slate is unable to connect to the wireless network I would think something brand new would like that would not have an issue If I cannot get my wireless router working properly and my other computers able to connect to it it makes them all pretty useless I d appreciate any help anyone may be able to provide me Thanks in advance for your time and help -Andrea nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

My old Thomson router was (and still is) working fine. Just bought a new D-Link 815 N Quadband Dir 815 router and I can't get it to work.

I can connect to the router but the issue is connecting to the internet. I'm thinking it may be faulty as when you plug it into the phone line the light that says it is connected to the internet doesn't come on and it is also affecting the phone line as when I pick up the phone I get no dial tone when the router is connected. The phone cable is fine as it works with my old router.

Any suggestions or does it sound like the router is faulty?

Thanks

A:D-Link DIR 815 can't connect to internet

assume you are using a filter still??
the light will not come on if its not connecting to internet, it is fairly common for new routers to need resetting usually a tiny tiny hole somewhere to pop a pin into fro 30 secs i would re try before sending it back

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-dir-815-cant-connect-to-internet.972144/
Relevancy 61.49%

We have a household network based round a Netgear WPN wireless router with WEP encryption I to Connect DIR-655 the Internet Can't D-Link ve just bought a new laptop HP DV EA but it won t talk wirelessly to the router it asks for a password but won t accept the one I use for encryption and specifies character ranges and numbers with which my password doesn t comply We have two other laptops that connect wirelessly with no problem The new laptop connects perfectly to the internet by ethernet cable I ve been told Can't Connect D-Link DIR-655 to the Internet that the router is the issue so I ve bought a D-Link DIR- and have set it up using the setup wizard and using the same modem that the Netgear router plugged into just switching the ethernet cables from the Netgear to the D-Link When it gets to the testing connection stage it says there s no connection and I should contact my ISP I ve tried to set it up with WPA encryption Can't Connect D-Link DIR-655 to the Internet but I can t see that this is an issue as I ve only tried to connect using cables so far When I switch the wires back to the Netgear the internet connection works perfectly Any ideas please nbsp

A:Can't Connect D-Link DIR-655 to the Internet

You must power-cycle (unplug for a moment, longer if still having a problem with connection) the modem when switching the device connecting to it.

Try your wireless connection to the Netgear with encryption disabled. Then re-enable encryption. Use WPA-PSK if possible. If you must use the unsecure WEP be sure to use a HEX key, not the ascii passcode that sometimes gets translated differently by different devices.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-d-link-dir-655-to-the-internet.645645/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

I am able to connect to TPlink router through my pc but unable to access internet.The router is unable to detect dynamic ip.Pl help

A:Internet not working through TP link router

To what (brand and model) are you connecting the router? If a modem have you power cycled it? Have you cloned the computer's MAC Address to the router in case your ISP is tracking that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-not-working-through-tp-link-router.1062286/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

I just got my Netgear router WGR614 v6. I was able to initally access http://192.168.0.1 to finish setup. Setup was successful but then whenever I started my IE, intead of loading my homepage, it will only load the Netgear login page while displaying my default homepage's address. But it has no problem connection to any other website.

So I restarted my laptop and reset my modem and router. After that,
I can no longer connect to http://192.168.0.1. The IE only displays this Dell page: http://www.google.com/hws/dell-usuk-rel/afe?hl=en&channel=us&s=http://192.168.0.1/
stating "Sorry, we couldn't find http://192.168.0.1/. "

I'd like to know How can I connect to http://192.168.0.1/ again because as soon as I unplug the cable from my router to the laptop, I lose internet connection.

Please help. Thanks much in advance!

A:Netgear router: Can connect to Internet, but can't connect to http://192.168.0.1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-can-connect-to-internet-but-cant-connect-to-http-192-168-0-1.608785/
Relevancy 61.06%

Just got off the phone with Verizon. They had me push the reset button and I was able to connect to the internet again. I mentioned how slow it takes for pages to load. She said if I have two firewalls running that can happen, then eventually it blocks your internet connection. I have the free Avira and am only using the Windows Firewall. She said the Verizon router has a firewall but it's a low security. So I went on the internet was able to get on some sites, but then others wouldn't connect again, said there is no internet connection. All the lights on the router are on. So far it's still working, but this is what happened before when I lost my connection completely.

I have Windows XP, tried it both on IE 8 and Firefox. The router is an Actiontec MI42WR. The problem was with both my desktop and laptop wired connections.

Relevancy 61.06%

Hello guys I have just finished my very first computer build and am rather happy with most things Unfortunately I am having problems connecting to the internet I have a temporary dongle in place and because it's my only option for about a month I kinda need it to work When I first connected it I found my connection "Windows this to connect internet was to netwo connect Can't unable to and I successfully connected I downloaded Google Chrome and Steam then unfortunately it randomly stopped working Where the strength bar should of been there was a large red cross when I found my connection it read quot The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network quot I Googled this and people said delete your connection and reconnect that didn't work so then I tried to set my Can't connect to internet "Windows was unable to connect to this netwo security type to something different or off as recommended in a solved post the problem persisted Now after restarting my computer several times it sometimes rejects my password or comes up with the quot the settings for the network quot and on rare occasions it connects then minutes later comes up wit my original problem I have tried resetting my connection details as what is saved on my laptop and mac and they don't work either Any help greatly appreciated Regards Lee

A:Can't connect to internet "Windows was unable to connect to this netwo

Try removing profiles after you remove the device with Device manager and letting windows detect it again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263667-cant-connect-internet-windows-unable-connect-netwo.html
Relevancy 60.63%

belkin router unable to connect to certain web sites by hard wire,
but can access through the wireless side with the same computer with windows 7 and firefox or internet explorer. Any ideas.....

A:belkin router unable to connect to certain web sites

Access the router and check for web site restrictions for specific sites. Some router models have the feature.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-router-unable-to-connect-to-certain-web-sites.1009774/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi, I am using ubuntu lucid and am able to connect to my ThomsonTG585 wireless router, but my mother who uses win7 is unable to connect, except by Ethernet cable, which is not convenient, how can I get her connected.

When I try to connect, It it says "limited connectivity" and does not let her utilize the internet.

My brother is dual booting ubuntu karmic and winXP and is able to connect on both os's.

I am absolutely sure I am entering the correct pass-phrase and ssid.
please help.

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all,
i have some problem with my wireless connectivity,
When i try to connect to a wireless network, it keep saying "Unable to Connect to X" (let's assume the network name is X)

When using network troubleshooter,
it recommend me to turn off the router, keep it for 10 secs, and turn it back on,
i've done so, but the problem still there
and then the troubleshooter say there're some problem on the access point or the network adapter (Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN)

but it seems no problem with other networks and all laptops except this S57B works fine..

and the strangest of all is: somtimes it works fine, and sometimes disconnected + unable to connect.

What possibly causing the problem?

Additional Info:
BenQ Joybook S57B
Network Security Type is WEP

Thx in advance

A:Win 7 unable to connect to wireless network(router)

I have had trouble adding a separate cisco switch and a wireless router onto the comcast cable router. I have the phone and internet. After running a PING test I saw the speed was significantly slowed down by 1/4 due to the netgear wireless router. So I unplugged that and bought a non-wireless cisco router that did not slow the speed down. Now I need a wireless router as my wife bought a Ipodtouch. Don't waist your money on one of these, get the real ipod phone! Just a note! These are worthless if you can't get online! Only good for photo's, Music, and videos downloaded onto it. Back to the wireless network problem. The main router needs to have multiple ports or the DNS will not work. I am guessing you are running more then 1 router inline.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/112212-win-7-unable-connect-wireless-network-router.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi there I m having some troubles accessing my router netgear homepage in order to access the wireless settings I m currently in housing that provides internet access as included in the rent As a result the internet is accessed via a proxy server router's Unable wireless homepage connect to to and runs through one ethernet cable coming out of the wall I wanted to establish a wireless network within the house and can do that however I m not able to access any of the security settings for the wireless router I have run cmd ipconfig and checked that the ip address matches my default gateway http but everytime I try the connection times out I can access my internet fine using the wired connection and the wireless connection though I don t really want to use the wireless when I can t change the security settings I was wondering if the problems I was having was because I have to use the proxy server If so is there any way around this that I can change my wireless routers security settings I apologise if some of this information seems confused I am only just learning the joys of wireless networking and am keen to know more many thanks John nbsp

A:Unable to connect to wireless router's homepage

It should be the router that accesses the proxy and not the machines in the house. So you should have direct access to the router.

Are you using a wired connection to the router to change settings? It is a good idea to use a wire for settings since it is easy to block yourself from the router while trying to set wireless settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wireless-routers-homepage.948154/
Relevancy 60.63%

so ive been trying to get my new dell laptop to connect to my d-link dir-601 router via a arris tm402p/110 modem and i have been having one hell of a hard time. i have connected the d-link router to the modem via an ethernet cable and also the modem is connected to a desktop pc with a usb cable.
the pc works fine with the internet, but when i try to connect my laptop its telling me to setup the router for the first time. so i proceed to do so in the "wireless setting" section of the router page and i click the "add wireless device with wps". Thats when it ask me to enter the pin or use the "push" method to add my laptop to the wireless device but it stay loading on that page forever and the internet icon says "no internet access".

Relevancy 60.63%

Hello. I just moved and am having trouble getting my 2nd desktop computer to connect to the router. It sees the connection but is unable to connect to it. I have tried resetting the router with no luck. I may have messed up some of the settings while trying to resolve the problem

Relevancy 60.63%

I have a 2Wire Wireless Gateway router. When I attempt to connect my new laptop to it and enter the security key/password, it does not accept it. Whats strange is that I was able to connect the computer I had before to the router. How can I connect my new computer?

Relevancy 60.63%

I can only get my study computers Wifi dongle to show networks by starting wireless zero configuration. Then after connecting to network (after putting in my WEP key) it stays connected and shows good quality and strength until i try to connect to internet. Then it won't connect.

I've reinstalled dongle. It finds all networks including mine but only after the above. This is some kind of system error as when i turn computer off it changes WZC setting back so dongle cannot find anything until i enable WZC.

This dongle worked fine on old network and in troubleshooting it says it's fine.

My SSID is same, WEP key same, gateway ip same, IP fron main computer obtained via ipconfig in command prompt 192.168.0.3, and 192.168.0.5 for study computer. I've done it automatically and manually in network properties.

I've been at this for days and still no colser. please help!!!???

Relevancy 60.63%

Hello everyone,
Looking for some assistance here. I have two Vista machines, I have connected them to each other via their NIC's. I have a wireless connection to my Linksys router which is connected to the Internet DSL connection.

The main computer with the wireless works fine and can surf the internet. The second computer (the one I connected to the main one via the NIC cards on the computer) can actually see the Linksys router, meaning it is getting out the wireless connection to that router, but cannot go any further. It cannot see the DSL router (192.168.0.1) or anything on the internet.

I have turned off the firewalls and that doesn't help at all. Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

A:ICS - unable to connect to intenet with second computer but can get to Router

Everyone,
I had read through many forum postings and I did changed my Linksys Router's ip to be 192.168.1.2, since it sounds like ICS uses 192.168.1.1 (although, when I look at my main computer (the one with both network connections) the IP Address for the NIC card that is connected to the second computer is 192.168.0.1 which is the same as the DSL routher, so, that seems very weird)

After I rebooted the second computer was able to see the internet for a short time, but then stopped being able to see it.

Then I reboot both PC's again and it is working now. But, after a while it stops working. Has anyone seen this before. It is very frustrating.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ics-unable-to-connect-to-intenet-with-second-computer-but-can-get-to-router.95037/
Relevancy 60.63%

This morning I tried connecting to wifi to WiFi suddenly unable ok router connect, but it wouldn't connect WiFi suddenly unable to connect, router ok saying that there was quot no internet connection quot it was working fine yesterday evening I restarted the modem router and verified that it was working with other devices I've tried disabling amp re-enabling the wifi adapter double checked that the wifi button was toggled on ipconfig release amp renew and a few other things but nothing has fixed the problem At this point if I restart my computer I can connect to my router for a brief period lt minute before the connection terminates and won't connect again The wifi tray icon has a yellow circle on it and I can see the available networks but I can't connect to them If I try the windows troubleshooter it will say either to check the router amp or that the LAN is disabled Running ipconfig -all shows that the media state is disconnected even though it looks to be on enabled through device manager the control panel network adapter page and the keyboard wifi button is on How can I figure out where the problem is It isn't the router since it works with other devices but it doesn't entirely seem to be the network card either since it can still see the available networks but just can't connect to them Does anyone have any idea of what to do NIC Broadcom b g n driver version

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/385985-wifi-suddenly-unable-connect-router-ok.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a dell latitude d610 laptop...until last night, I had no problems connecting my laptop to the wireless router...then..I'm not sure what happened, but I can't connect anymore. My daughter has the same kind of laptop and has absolutely no problems with connecting...so, it has to be something with mine. It's like it doesn't know that there is a wireless connection available. I'm not very computer literate, so it most likely is something that I did...just don't know how to correct the problem.

A:unable to connect laptop to wireless router

often laptops have a wireless on/off switch with dell i think its FN and one of the F keys 10 i think
- are you sure the wireless is ON
can we see and ipconfig /all and an xirrus screen shot

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?docid=429969

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-laptop-to-wireless-router.1028690/
Relevancy 60.63%

Here s some information Router- Linksys WRT N OS- Vista Modem- Motorola Cable Wired Secondary Computer- Can connect without any problems OS- XP Problem- Up intil yesterday my primary computer Defaulting 169 to address to Unable router IP Keeps to Connect could connect to the router without any problems Now all IP Keeps Defaulting to 169 address Unable to Connect to router I get is limited connectivity If I connect my computer directly to the modem it works fine but unable to work while connected to the router For some reason my IP is not renewing and is diverting to a address What I ve Tried- IP Address release renew - While computer was directly connected to modem then tried with router System Restore System Recovery Diagnostic Tests on Ethernet Card Cables Contacted HP Support with no help Contacted Linksys Support- Stated it was a computer problem Connected to different ports on the router Unistalled and Reinstalled router Manual Reset of router Powered down and up of everything multiple times Mac Address Cloning Shut down all firewalls- Only run Windows and Norton CMD ran as administrator I ve tried everything I know Is there anything else I could do to figure out this problem nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

I have set up my Linksys WRT150N router using the setup disk. I am able to access the internet (comcast ISP) through the wired ports of the router, but am unable to access the internet wirelessly. On the laptop which I used the install disk, the router is not detected wirelessly. On other laptops in the household, the network password is not recognized (WPA-personal) as correct. I've gone to the router setup website and used the same password to access the site. I've set the network mode to mixed, and the channels to auto. I don't know what else to do. Help

A:Unable to connect wirelessly to WRT150n Router

On the Laptop which can't see the Router, check the Wireless is on - I've been caught a few times! - generally a little switch on the front or sides, or one of the Function keys. Also, some older Laptops don't have the "newer channels on them, you could try making your Router broadcast at Ch9 or something.

As for the WPA being wrong, hook up by Ethernet, log in to the Router and try changing it to a WEP key thats easy to type in - ie 0123456789 -, saving & rebooting Router, and then entering that when prompted on your other machines. If that works, change it again to something more secure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-wirelessly-to-wrt150n-router.95764/
Relevancy 60.63%

I am having a similar issue with atheros AR5007 802.11b/g wifi adapters and Linksys E3000 but all I am getting is local area connection I have done many of these solutions but rebooting my system (missing the disc) I have a Hp Pavilion Entertainment PC dv3-1125nr with vista I am updating everything right now but I don't believe it will work I say you posed something about uninstalling and reinstalling atheros but I am unsure how or if my computer is compatible with what you posted earlier

A:Atheros Adapter - unable to connect to router

i have moved your thread into a post of its own

We are seeing issues where the AR5007 will connect to the router but not allow network/interent access
If you removed the wireless security from the router - it should connect and work OK like that

By updating the adapter - goto device manager - right click on the adapter and update driver - that has helped fix the issue in the past

would you post the following information here

{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/atheros-adapter-unable-to-connect-to-router.972784/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all,

I've got a Netgear wireless router, and I've got two desktops, a Wii and a PS3 and I'm trying to connect them all to my internet. The one desktop is connected via ethernet cable, the others will all be wireless.

The problem is, none of the three wireless connections work! I've got encryption on the network, but I enter the correct details into the computers and assign the static ip's for each computer but that doesn't matter. I've entered an IP Range into Zone Alarm so that shouldn't be a problem (I hope ).

Each computer is able to see the network, but can't connect to it. I don't have a spare ethernet cable to try and connect the PS3 directly to the router (the other computers are in a different room) so are there any other options?

Cheers in advance

Relevancy 60.63%

I was replacing my linksys 160N router with this D-link DIR655 router. When I do this my laptop with Win7 64 bit home premium can connect to the router wirelessly but the network and sharing centre shows the red X between the router and internet.

If I switch back to my old linksys router everything works as it should again.

Not sure what I am missing here but any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:D-Link DIR655 won't connect to internet.

power off all computers, then power off the router.... Finally power off the modem.... wait for about 30 seconds... then do it in reverse.... power on modem (wait for ALL LIGHTS), then power on the router... wait for a minute then power on 1 machine at a time. you should be good after that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/61134-d-link-dir655-wont-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 60.63%

So a few years ago my sister moved away and left me her desktop computer for gaming and stuff It s an Acer Aspire and it was pretty old when she gave it to me so it s super old now but it still works and operates on Windows XP I then brought it to university when I moved away this past summer where I hooked it up with the school s wireless internet and used it successfully for the better part of a semester One day the wireless connection suddenly stopped working altogether so I tried a few different fixes but found that the software for my adapter was ridiculously unprofessional full of typos etc I gave up on it and decided Can't the internet to with D-Link adapter connect that it was probably just a cheap adapter that stopped working so when I went home for Christmas I got a new one D-Link DWA- I came back and installed the drivers plugged in the adapter set everything up The Found New Hardware Wizard kept popping up insisting that the adapter was an Ethernet Controller and that I didn t have the software for it but I kind of just ignored that When it was all ready I tried to set up my wireless connection to the school network through the D-Link connection manager Can't connect to the internet with D-Link adapter only to find that it was the exact Can't connect to the internet with D-Link adapter same program my other adapter used and wouldn t let me put in my login credentials To get around this I went into my wireless connection properties and checked the quot Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings quot box After that I went on my school website because my phone and laptop can still connect to the network and followed the instructions there for manually configuring my wireless connection properties It kind of worked and came up with a bubble to put in my login credentials and then it started to connect to the school internet After a bit of waiting I realized that it was stuck in the quot Attempting to authenticate quot stage and wouldn t actually connect Sometimes it would disconnect entirely and attempt to reconnect again and sometimes it would show up as being connected but still wouldn t allow internet access When I repair the connection it says quot TCP IP is not enabled for this connection Cannot Proceed quot I called tech support at my school re-installed the drivers twice restarted my computer countless times but nothing works Any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-the-internet-with-d-link-adapter.1117147/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have had this router and everything was working, I have moved and after getting my internet activated I proceeded to set-up a network in my new place. The setup process went smooth but even though I can connect to my network, I cant connect to the internet. I know my internet works as a direct connection through the modem works. I updated the firmware, I tried doing a factory reset on the router, basically did all the basic stuff that one would do if they had router troubles. Any suggestions?? Thanks

I dont know if that applies to this issue but I have also tried switching channels.

Relevancy 60.63%

I currently have high speed internet through frontier, but I am coming to realize how slow the connection is. The average download speed is approximately 4 to 7 KB/sec, which seems to me to be ridiculously slow. I have a DSL Modem and DIR-655 Router, and everything is slow (it was like this before we had the router as well, so that is not the problem). I was simply wondering if there is a reason that downloads are so slow; my computer in general is very fast (it is only a few months old), but the internet is just plain down slow at downloads. Is this my server or is that speed pretty common? (Or is there something else that I might not be aware of)

Thanks for your time!

Relevancy 60.63%

Hello I am new to this forum thus i like to say hello to everyone I have a little problem While two computers connection Router internet but works to no D-link were using the internet easily through a D-link wireless router the main computer connected to the router via a cable stopped getting network while the other computer getting the wireless network still worked at that very time Then the guy who was on the main computer complained he could not get online we opted to reset the router and then the ultimate problem started None of the two computers got network again I don t have an idea what might have happened in the first place but i tried troubleshooting a lot for somedays all proved D-link Router works but no connection to internet abortive in the network diagram it shows LAN ---- gt Router ---X-- gt Internet So as you can see the Router is the only one not getting the internet that will transmit to D-link Router works but no connection to internet the computers But the LAN works directly with the main computer via the LAN Since i know you might want to see some of the things D-link Router works but no connection to internet happening behind the scene i got this With the LAN direct to computer ExternalClass ecxhmmessage P padding px ExternalClass body ecxhmmessage font-size pt font-family Tahoma Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users UP gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name UP -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Peer-Peer IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address C- - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - E-E - C-FC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ea b c d e d c b Pref erred Site-local IPv Address fec d e d c b Preferred Temporary IPv Address ea b c d fc fc e cc Pref erred IPv Address ea b a b e d c b Depr ecated Temporary IPv Address ea b a b fc fc e cc Depr ecated Link-local IPv Address fe e d c b Preferred Site-local IPv Address fec b e d c b Deprecated IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday October AM Lease Expires Thursday October PM Default Gateway fe cfb a e fe a e f f cac DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - C- - - - E- -AB-E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fd c d d de Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c d d de Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap F - B B- -A F-ADB C EB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B D - EDA- A - E - F C F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users UP gt With Router to Computer Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users UP gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name UP -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Peer-Peer IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address C- - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - E-E - C-FC DHCP Enabled Ye... Read more

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi To begin with I have not had any trouble with my d-link router for years then all of sudden over the weekend something happen and I had to reset my router and I obtained a secure wpa link I have a main desktop computer downstairs which and now of computers my 1 internet for Reset D-Link no Router the modem and router are hooked up to I also have a laptop and PS which connects wireless upstairs Now once I reset the router internet service worked great for these components However the problem came about when I tried internet service on another desktop computer upstairs which also used to worked Reset D-Link Router and now no internet for 1 of my computers fine using a Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter But now I can not get any internet service---local connection and compact wireless-g usb adapter has red quot X s quot next to them saying --they are not connected or unplugged Help I don t know what else to do I m not a computer wiz or anything but I can follow instructions advice Do you have any advice nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

We have a D-Link DSL- B all-in-one ADSL Modem Router to which we have Internet Router dropping D-Link connection. our XP Pro SP and W Pro PC s connected by Ethernet together D-Link Router dropping Internet connection. with a Brother MFC- CW printer scanner fax Our line is rated at mps due to our distance from the exchange but this router does generally deliver the full speed Unfortunately the Internet light on this router goes out roughly two to three times per day indicating that the connection has been dropped this necessitates the router being rebooted to restore the connection We have sometimes enjoyed up to three days without this happening Our old MRI SOHOSpeed router did not suffer this problem but only gave us a speed of kps or less All telephone cabling in the house and externally from the pole to the master socket has been renewed D-Link took us through the process of resetting the router and we also checked with Zetnet our ISP that all of their settings were correct but the problem still persists At the moment it is just an annoyance although later when accessing our PC remotely over the Internet when the connection is lost and nobody is there to effect a reboot this access cannot be achieved We contacted the supplier of DrayTek s Vigor VGi D-Link Router dropping Internet connection. ADSL Router with SuperG WLAN to see if their device would perform any better They replied that it sounded like a Mbps connection on our line is very border-line so it may be that any router connected at Mbps on our line would experience disconnections We then emailed Zetnet to see whether throttling our line speed down even further would help in establishing a reliable if very slow D-Link Router dropping Internet connection. service They replied that at present they do not have the facility to lower the target speed for the line although it is conceivable that BT Wholesale may allow ISPs such as them access to systems that would permit this to be adjusted Is it possible for a router to be set to accept a lower speed in order to maintain stability They advised us that it would also be worth checking with D-Link as to what the chipset is for the D-Link DSL- B - as if this is a Texas Instruments AR chipset or differently branded variation on this they are known to have problems maintaining a connection using the UK s ADSL MAX service Helphound nbsp