Windows Support Forum

My computer freezes after short time of activity.

Q: My computer freezes after short time of activity.

Hello All A newbie here but a seasoned computer user. I have been stumped! I also have this problem of compter freezing after idle and screensaver starts. No viruses or spy where or bad memory nor bad graphics card ect. cpu running at 35 Deg Cel. power supply running fine and all pluged in as normal. I have run scan after scan to find nothing! Any ideas would be a great help!

ALSO PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR PEOPLE IN NEED FROM KATRINAS WRATH.
Thanks,

Brian

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My computer freezes after short time of activity.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: My computer freezes after short time of activity.

Have you tested the hdd? I'd run the hdd manufacturers diagnostic tool on the drive to make sure it's healthy.Having said that it could be a software problem, has this started after installing something new?The next time it freezes have a look here:StartControl PanelPerformance and MaintenaceAdmin ToolsEvent ViewerSystemHighlight a error then click properties, then click on the link below For more information, see Help and Support Center as this may give you information on how to solve the error.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29752/my-computer-freezes-after-short-time-of-activity/
Relevancy 86.43%

My computer will freeze for a short period of time. It happens constantly, and will happening when even if I am doing something simple like browsing chrome. Everything the computer does just stops, even my cursor. Then after about 5 minutes everything will go back to normal.

A:Computer freezes for a short period of time (Windows 10)

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox to your desktop.

Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator.

You will see an image like the one below.

Click on the following checkboxes only:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, then copy it and paste it in your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615571/computer-freezes-for-a-short-period-of-time-windows-10/
Relevancy 81.7%

I have a very similar problem to this person, (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic160500.html) except I am running Windows XP home edition.
I downloaded a file I presumed would be safe, scanned it with Mcafee before opening it and unwittingly installed Total Secure 2009.
My computer then froze up so I had to restart. On restart, I managed to scan using Mcafee and Ad-aware, Mcafee found RemAdm-Generic (C:\windows\system32\LMInit.dll), Ad-aware found a few PuP's I removed.
I then restarted again, and a new account had been created "Admin" and I couldn't open the task manager on other accounts.
I tried to run MBAM, but after 3-4ish minutes the computer logged me out, then froze on the login screen.
Anyone help out? I don't like having to restart every 3-4 minutes

A:Task manager - disabled, computer freezes up after a short period of time, "VIRUS ALERT!" on the right of clock

First:Download ESET SysInspectorhttp://www.eset.com/download/sysinspector.php- Start program through the SysInspector.exeThe program will collect information about the situation on your machine.- When "inspector" is ready and log file - generated, select File> Save Log- Confirm their wishChoose to save the file somewhere and then upload on http://4storing.com/ (when you open the page, click on the Great Britain flag to open the page in English), then give me the link.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/175796/task-manager-disabled-computer-freezes-up-after-a-short-period-of-time-virus-alert-on-the-right-of-clock/
Relevancy 74.82%

hello i am having some problems with my new computer for system short a freezes time i just bought everything for my computer and at first my mobo had to be sent in because a pin was bent on the cpu when i got a new mobo back used thats when the problems started in my bios the temp for my cpu was c i tested my cpu at a diff mobo and it ran at c stress tested i shipped that mobo back an got another and again same problem after a weak but now it freeze hangs out of no where did some research an it is said to put the dram volt to instead of auto helped for system freezes for a short time a while an then started up again also the c cpu crap called MSI again an this time they gave me a upgrade of course its used right now i have the p a-gd instead of the gd the cpu isnt going up to c quot yet quot but it does say c and climes a bit then drops now i figure its because i took it out of a case when i shipped my other mobo id like this freezing to stop please it normally happens when i listen to music or use utorrent only for updates and upgrade here is my Stats System MOBO MSI P A-GD B CPU INTEL QUAD CORE I K GPU EVGA GEFORCE SC GTX PSU APEVIA W SLI amp CROSSFIRE READY RAM KINGSTON MHZ GB HARD DRIVE GB cpu temp in the OS never goes above c but in bios its c comp temp stays around c when i play bf i can run full settings but after a while and on certain servers my gun starts to glitche out disapears and reapears this is a brandnew computer built about a month ago i also noticed it lags when i use the net and do a quick search or have more than tab open at a time nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-freezes-for-a-short-time.1035466/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello recently my laptop Dell Inspiron running WinXP Media Edition s been failing it freezes anywhere from ten seconds to five minutes after I log in I m unable to install an antivirus because the laptop freezes during installation Safe Mode seems to be well safer although even so it has frozen I m unable to install the antivirus Kaspersky in Safe Mode because Windows Installer is disabled and none of the of short freezes Laptop after a time period solutions I ve found Laptop freezes after a short period of time online seem to do the trick And I suspect that even if i could get the installer to work it d freeze halfway through anyway I have no idea what s causing the freezing it might not even be a virus at all I ve noticed that the laptop always freezes at the quot Copying new files quot stage of the Kaspersky installation although whether that has something to do with my own timing or that procedure I can t guess Also the time that the computer did freeze in Safe Mode I was attempting to rename a file The computer is completely frozen Num Lock Scroll Lock can t be activated deactivated the mouse doesn t move etc I can t even shut down without either pulling the plug out or holding onto the power button nbsp

A:Laptop freezes after a short period of time

That model has been out for about three years? How long have you had your Inspiron 6400?

We need to know the configuration, including hard drive size, brand, free space, as well as memory installed.

It could be that the CPU cooling is too full of dust, hair, fiber, etc. to cool adequately... or that the hard drive is failing, or that you have inadequate memory. But it could simply be an infestation that needs to be cleaned out.

Have you tried re-enabling Windows Installer? Have you attempted to use MalwareBytes, SuperAntispyware, ComboFix, Windows Defender, Spy Sweeper, Spyware Doctor, or other top-flite spyware detectors and removers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-freezes-after-a-short-period-of-time.135743/
Relevancy 74.39%

I have a toshiba satellite a -s laptop running windows xp I bought it in May A while ago I bent a pin of my cpu when I tried to clean the laptop from dust Eventually after freezes up start Laptop time every short after about month later I replaced the cpu with the same one It seemed to work but kept freezing min after startup I completely reinstalled the system Still the same problem I reinstalled about three times until it somehow worked I think one thing I tried was to update the bios I used it every day for about three weeks and everything was fine One time I unplugged it from the power supply and let it run on batteries Almost right away it froze again I plugged it back in and it worked fine again Later on I didn t use it for about a week After that it always froze again every time plugged in or not It works in safemode but even Laptop freezes every time short after start up if I disable everything and start up again it won t Laptop freezes every time short after start up work Somehow my guess is that it has to do with either the cmos battery and the bios or it might be a heat problem with the new cpu Any idea nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

Hi using this computer is my only way of resolving an issue Solved: after short and time Prof runs freezes XP with my other main computer This one cookiegal kindly helped resolve another issue - this is slow takes forever and a day to load and run big programs its used by everyone in the houshold and is reasonably reliable The problem is my other PC it has an AMD x chip and GB Solved: XP Prof runs and freezes after short time ram maxed out runs xp prof and for the last months has not connected to the internet its used for running cad and work related programs and some graphic intensive games for my personnel use Recently other than loading a sub game I installed MS office and have been trying out the access to create a database Solved: XP Prof runs and freezes after short time for work but this week when the access was added the computer need to update the office program after the downloads Solved: XP Prof runs and freezes after short time the computer appeared to hang up - theres an indicator light on the front of the desktop that goes out at the same time as it hangs up - disk activity The windows update has only one more to update to KB cumalitive security blahd d blah - all the others have eventually loaded I tried to system restore up to a month ago each attempt comes back that the restore has not been implimented now the computer only gets to maybe allowing the computer to highlight one of the system tray icons or bringing up the task manager for a brief moment before the computer hangs up and the only thing that it does is allow the cursor to move around- sometimes prior to the major problems listed above the McAfee noted systemguard changes - is this relavent No matter how long or many times I press F etc no safe mode option comes up I am seriously miffed with this event I already have issues with recent updates at work on vista machines and the thoughts are that older MS o s s are being systematically slowed down by MS to get people to buy their new o s - under the pretext of security issues - yea - like their programs are lemons and if they need to have so many fixes why has someone not sued them for selling a product not fit for purpose Sorry should leave the rant for another time it s only since updating recently has the PC had a problem in another recent thread there was mention of something interfereing with the recent updates related to SP - I would have assumed that the McAfee would have flagged that up or is the systemguard flag relevent Thanking you in advance for anything you can suggest to get the PC up and running phil nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

My computer goes to sleep in just a short time after using. If a longer time it has to be restarted. Would appreciate some help if any one knows the problem. I use IE and Vista.

A:computer goes to sleep short time after use

Have you checked the Power settings?
Right click the Desktop
Personalize > Screen Saver > Change power settings link
This will show you when the monitor and or hard drive is set to go to sleep. If you want to extend the time frame or disable the sleep option entirely, you can reconfigure it there.

Do you have Service Pack one for Windows Vista installed?
Let us know what you find.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-goes-to-sleep-short-time-after-use.932796/
Relevancy 66.22%

This started a couple nights ago My computer was refusing to go to sleep every time I tried to put it into short stops time Computer after a responding sleep mode it would still be running and wake up immediately if I moved my mouse or pressed a key on my keyboard This happens once in a while and is usually fixed by closing uTorrent I tried this however and it didn't work I found this page and followed its instructions to open command prompt and try to find what was preventing my computer from sleeping Command prompt told me that the culprit was mst exe which Computer stops responding after a short time I searched for on Google and found mixed results about some said it was a normal computer process some said it was a virus With more haste Computer stops responding after a short time than I should have I opened Task Manager and ended the process mst exe which allowed me to put my computer to sleep The next morning I woke up my computer and used it for a few minutes before things stopped responding I could still move my mouse but clicking anywhere always resulted in program name not responding I couldn't open or close anything Ctrl Alt Delete wasn't doing anything etc My computer was essentially useless unless I wanted to watch my mouse move around the screen I held down the power button and turned my computer back on but later that day I'm guessing about hours later although that estimate could be way off the same thing happened I restarted my computer the same way and now this happened within a couple hours This has happened a few times now and seems to be something that isn't going away anytime soon I'm not having any other notable performance problems while my computer is running other than a few small graphical glitches Yesterday my date and time wasn't displaying in the bottom-right corner of my screen today my battery says it's charged but the icon is empty I have no idea if these are related or merely coincidental Anyway I ran DDS and have my report ready I should note that I've ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware free version a couple times including once since I made this report If this will affect the results of the report and I need to do it again let me know and I will do so Thanks in advance for all the help I need this computer for my schoolwork DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Nipple King at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C PROGRA ENIGMA SPYHUN SH SER EXE C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files IDT WDM STacSV exe C windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows System spoolsv exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files IDT WDM AESTSr exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EPW SSRP E S RPB EXE C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files x Dell Dell Datasafe Online NOBuAgent exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup sftservice EXE C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C ProgramData Skype Toolbars Skype C C Service c c service exe C windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x Tor tor exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared... Read more

A:Computer stops responding after a short time

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereDouble-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the correct version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529686/computer-stops-responding-after-a-short-time/
Relevancy 66.22%

I need some help very badly I just bought After Computer Period Of Up Short Time Locks a rebuilt computer and already I have had the computer lock up and prevent my keyboard or mouse from operating at some point in the session I am just Computer Locks Up After Short Period Of Time about ready to take this to another computer repair shop and tell them to go through the system with a fine tooth comb and fix all the remnant problems To make matters worse I cannot get the computer to boot if there is anything connected to the USB ports Here is a look at my computer s profile from running Belarc Advisor Computer Name User - bac d e in WORKGROUP Profile Date Sunday August Computer Locks Up After Short Period Of Time AM Advisor Version t Operating System System Model Windows XP Professional Service Pack build VIA Technologies Inc VT Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board - Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Award Software International Inc PG Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space COMBO IDE CO CD-ROM drive Lite-On LTN S x Max CD-ROM drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive Maxtor E L Hard drive GB -- drive s n E QXDE rev NAR SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Installed Memory Slot BANK is Empty Slot BANK is Empty Slot BANK has MB Slot BANK is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free Controllers Display Standard floppy disk controller Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller ATI Technologies Inc RAGE XL AGP X Display adapter Default Monitor Bus Adapters Multimedia VIA Rev or later USB Universal Host Controller x VIA AC Audio Controller WDM Communications Other Devices Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address FC FA Networking Dns Servers Any and all advice will be appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Computer Locks Up After Short Period Of Time

And here is a HijackThis analysis...

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:23:03 AM, on 8/19/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Program Files\Speeditup Free\SearchDefender.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.searchgateway.net/search
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.searchgateway.net/search
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://www.searchgateway.net/search...:000000;GFNT:0000FF;GIMP:0000FF;FORID:11&q=%s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Search Defender] "C:\Program Files\Speeditup Free\SearchDefender.exe"
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/win...ls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1187465499302
O16 - DPF: {A90A5822-F108-45AD-8482-9BC8B12DD539} (Crucial cpcScan) - http://crucial.com/controls/cpcScanner.cab
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft AB - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-locks-up-after-short-period-of-time.611976/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

In the last week or so, my computer has lost the ability to shutdown normally.
After that, nothing will open (command prompt, task manager, etc..) but the computer is not frozen. Now, when I turn the computer on, it seems like after 10 or 15 minutes, the same thing happens.

I have used Avast! antivirus software and it found [email protected] (was marked as a rootkit) and win32:dowloader-HQR (trojan).

However, after have quarantined these problems, the computer has not been fixed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Computer stops responding after short time

You are still infected. Please head over to Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help and post there for more help.

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-stops-responding-after-short-time-579411.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi Many thanks for your very helpful forum-I have learned a for freezes periods short Computer Solved: lot by reading the comments I have already downloaded Ewido Adaware and run them to clear out spyware adware and odd bits of Trojans that were not totally cleared before Now when I run the two programs all I get are tracking cookies Still my computer locks up for a minute or so at times especially when I click on a new window For a while I put it down to the amount of programs Solved: Computer freezes for short periods etc I Solved: Computer freezes for short periods had on my computer However after clearing out some thing like k of programs junk etc etc the computer still hangs for a while I have installed more ram memory and run Xram pro to give me back more ram when I run short as some of the windows programs seem to eat up my ram especially iexplorer and the longer I run my pc the more it uses I know br windows will give me extra memory when things are critical but I often need br a boost in ram when I am running a webconferencing program br br According to Task Manager I have k of ram avalable with another k br of vrtual memory as well I also have a commit charge of k out of a total br of k so it would seem I am ok for memory I am running windows br pro which is pretty heavy on resources but at the moment tho I have only br this browser open plus Norton showing on my toolbar I am using handles threads with processes running as well Are those last br three figures normal br br I am including my Hijack scan result to see if there is something there that might be giving me a problem The only things I can see are on where I did br not download AIM from AOL I also cannot find any info on svrplay dll on Events on and Any comments would be appreciated br br Logfile of HijackThis v br Scan saved at on br Platform Windows SP WinNT br MSIE Internet Explorer v SP br br Running processes br C WINDOWS System smss exe br C WINDOWS system csrss exe br C WINDOWS system winlogon exe br C WINDOWS system services exe br C WINDOWS system lsass exe br C WINDOWS system svchost exe br C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe br C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe br C WINDOWS System svchost exe br C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe br C Program Files Roxio GoBack GBPoll exe br C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe br C Program Files Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE br C WINDOWS system regsvc exe br C WINDOWS system MSTask exe br C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZONELABS vsmon exe br C WINDOWS System WBEM WinMgmt exe br C WINDOWS system svchost exe br C WINDOWS System svchost exe br C WINDOWS Explorer EXE br C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe br C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe br C unzipped framxpro FreeRAM XP Pro exe br C Program Files Roxio GoBack GBTray exe br C Program Files Norton Utilities SYSDOC EXE br C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe br C unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exe br br R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page a href http uk f mail yahoo com ym login rand h pgq ukli target blank class externalLink rel nofollow http uk f mail yahoo com ym login rand h pgq ukli a br R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL a href http www ntlworld com target blank class externalLink rel nofollow http www ntlworld com a br R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Tiscali br F - REG win ini load c windows system enhance exe br F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe br O - Hosts aimtoday aol com br O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dll O - BHO no name - EA C- ACF- - - F B EE - no file O - BHO MSEvents Object - C D- - B F- CE - E A - C WINDOWS Help svrplay dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO P... Read more

Relevancy 65.79%

this has happened to me about 4 times now and im not to sure what this means.

could it be my hard drive? my motherboard or my RAM?

someone please help.

A:Computer Freezes Then does a short beeping noise

If would help if you provide the make and model of this computer.

If it's a custom build please post the make and model of the motherboard.

Please post the pattern of the beeps, long or short, the number of beeps...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/393298/computer-freezes-then-does-a-short-beeping-noise/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I have recently built my own PC but when im using it It constantly freezes for about - seconds then it works again but it Fault) for (Hardware short Computer time a Freezing keeps doing it and the Hard Drive light stays on during the Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault) freeze and when it starts flashing the computer starts Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault) working again Some people say I go too fast but I only run one program at a time Also it is a gaming computer so it should be able to cope can anyone tell me what is causing this to freeze Also It takes ages for something to install on the computer My system specs are P K Premium Motherbaord BFG GTX Graphics Card GB Reaper GB DDR RAM TB Spinpoint F Hard Drive W Coolermaster Power Supply Pioneer Blu-Ray Reader Drive Q GHz Porcessor Vista Ultimate -bit One of these is slowing my computer down badly but I dont know which one I have a feeling it could be the Hard Drive because of the Slow Installations and freezes and also the light being on when it does but im not sure nbsp

A:Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault)

Identical problem here.. hard drive light goes solid and pc just stops for 1 min, still able to move the mouse cursor but cannot slect anything or alt-tab etc. Any alt tab or double clicking is cached up and then all fired off at once when the minute freeze is up.

I'm pretty certain now it's down to my Asus P5K-E motherboard (which is what I assume the original poster has)

I'm looking towards M/Board now as I have swapped drives and changed CPU from Q6600 to Q8200 also switched from Vista 32bit to Win7 64bit and still get the issue.

I alleviated it for a while by switching my SATA 300 drive down to 150 mode by setting the jumpers.

Have flashed the P5K to the latest bios with no joy.

Full specs are..
Q8200 Quad
Asus P5K-E Wifi Premium
500GB Samsung SATA300
4GB Ram
lightscribe 20x DVDRW
Sony Bluray Drive (installed after problem had already appeared)
2 x ATI HD3870's in crossfire config.
Windows 7 64bit / WinXP dual boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezing-for-a-short-time-hardware-fault.127246/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello It seems i have narrowed down my issue that I have been dealing with for it seems like months now Well essentially my system will reboot anytime it sits for an extended period of time about to Minutes My computer will go into standby mode I do sleeps short after 0x00000116 computer period time, BSOD a of for have it set for my computer to never sleep but only my screens I have followed BSOD after computer sleeps for a short period of time, 0x00000116 the BSOD instructions and do and those to attach to this post Here is the additional information regarding this problem Is Windows - x -bit or x - x - the original installed OS on the system Yes - an OEM or full retail version Full retail version - What is the age of system hardware Eh varies video cards about a year old memory and hardrives are about the same length of time Chip is fairly new within a few months - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS OS was freshly reinstalled on All drivers for all pieces of hardware in my machine have had the newest drivers updated including my video cards I have also done the BIOS update for both of my video cards available from Palit Oddly enough i can play Starcraft II for hours and no issue with rebooting only when it sits for an extended period of time as mentioned earlier Any ideas woul dbe great Thank You Josh

A:BSOD after computer sleeps for a short period of time, 0x00000116

Hello Nissan & welcome.

Analyses
Most of your dumps are including your Graphic Driver. So to really make a secure uninstall and get rid of the leftover files of the uninstallation from the Control Panel, we'll use some specific tools. The little guide below tells you what to do to uninstall and install your Nvidia-driver.

Tutorial

i) Find your driver here, save it to your desktop
ii) Download Driver sweeper, for the leftover files
iii) Uninstall your driver from the Control Panel
iv) While rebooting, go into safe-mode without internet (tip: plugout your LAN cable or disconnect wireless)
v) Run Driver Sweeper, click all the Nvidia components and analyse them
vi) Clean them all
vii) Head into Windows, without internet
viii) Install the Driver from the desktop

Summary

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+c3bae4 )
???????????????????????????????
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
???????????????????????????????
Fred.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/198807-bsod-after-computer-sleeps-short-period-time-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Problem in short You randomly Computer during no freezes activity. can be on the internet and Computer randomly freezes during no activity. FREEZE You could be printing and FREEZE The other day the screensaver was up for about minutes and it FROZE during the screensaver Specs Windows Vista Ultimate w latest service pack can't remember if that's or Intel Core Duo E GB OCZ RAM Radeon mb watt Corsair PSU x GB Western Digital HDDs in RAID array Gigabyte GA-EP -UD P mobo This is a computer used strictly for my father's business I had built it using parts that were on sale We used Kaspersky Internet Security for a while and still had this issue and we recently moved to BitDefender and still have the issue The computer is virus and spyware free and does not get much use The mobo uses some Intel RAID program that forces us to quot verify quot the RAID Array EVERY SINGLE TIME Vista does not shut down properly This means we have two hours of an extremely slow computer checking every bit of the HDDs for errors and it never finds any The computer freezes about twice a week meaning we always have to go through about four hours of slow computing due to this verification process I've run eight hours of Prime testing on the processor monitoring with RealTemp and the highest temp it hit was degrees celsius idles at GPU runs cool as well so it's definitely not a heat issue We've tried multiple graphics card drivers thinking it might be that We even tried replacing the card with one of my gaming computer's GT cards from the SLI array I have in it and that didn't do it either I really really am at a loss for what's going on Someone on another forum told me to download a program at memtest org and run that I've never done that before but could it really be bad RAM that's causing the issue I'd test the issue simply by running the RAM sticks independently but at one point we went two or three weeks without the computer crashing so it's really intermittent and unpredictable Also Windows System Error Logs only shows that quot Windows was shut down unexpectedly quot and doesn't show any errors pertaining to Windows itself Help please

A:Computer randomly freezes during no activity.

First, try the Vista Big 3 (+1):
- Event Viewer (both the System and Application log files)
- Go to Start and type in "perfmon /report" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Go to Start and type in "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Go to Start and type in "wercon" (without the quotes) and press Enter

Next, try gathering the info in this post and uploading it so we can have a look at it: http://www.techsupportforum.com/1871981-post2.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-randomly-freezes-during-no-activity-404046.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I m having a problem that I ve never experienced before and activity freezes after minutes Computer of am having a rather difficult time solving on my own So here s how it is A few days ago approximately around Computer freezes after minutes of activity the th I noticed that there were slightly longer delays between the windows logo and the log in screen when starting up Like second delays when it s usually - second I didn t really think anything of it and proceeded to log in I noticed that it seemed to take a longer time for everything to start up than usual but not super long maybe minutes when it usually takes minutes I started to browse the internet and stuff started to play a game with slightly longer delays and lag happening with pretty much everything Then after about minutes my game froze and I couldn t click on anything I ctrl alt deleted out of it and tried to delete it from task manager but then task manager froze After that everything else started freezing So I shut down and logged back in with the same slightly longer delays noticing it as suspicious that time I did the same thing waiting for lag to happen and this time after a much shorter period maybe minutes of being logged in everything started freezing again I noticed that obviously there was a serious problem going on so I shut down and logged in in Safe Mode I ran Malwarebytes and had it do a quick scan and it found some stuff but nothing that was already checked meaning it wasn t particularly Computer freezes after minutes of activity dangerous as far is it was concerned I had that stuff deleted anyway shut down rebooted logged in and experienced the same problem So I fell back on system restore I ran in safe mode but found that I had no restore points beyond the th this was happening on the th with one on the th and on the th I figured I d might as well try it and ran system restore However after around minutes of initializing it shut down my comp and rebooted I realized this wasn t normal logged in and sure enough I received an error message something along the lines of System Restore has failed your files remain unchanged Then the details System restore failed to extract the following file C users Blake AppData Local Temp shropop sjnlixe wow dll Error x b So with neither System Restore nor Malwarebytes working I have no idea what to do I m currently on here on Safe Mode with Networking because it doesn t freeze except from normal startup What can I do to fix this short of totally resetting my system because I would really rather not do that I have like weeks worth of game files and configurations on here My dxdiag System Information is as follows Machine name BLAKE-WIN PRO Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer powerspec System Model B BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting DPI percent System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode Please help Thanks Dreng nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-after-minutes-of-activity.1126147/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi
Thanks in advance for any help. This has happened quite often, but I think I don't often know as he just restarts. Here is info as per guidance. Also, files attached.

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1. 64 bit. Installed by Dell on this new laptop computer.
Dell XPS L502X
System only 3 weeks old.

CPU: i7-2670QM 2.20ghz turbo boost up to 3.1ghz
Memory: 6.144Mb
Graphics card: 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M Graphics Card
HD: 750GB serial ATA 7200rpm

Have replaced free McAfee 1 month trial with ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 10.0.250.000. (Had a BSOD problem when I installed ZA before uninstalling McAfee and had to uninstall McAfee in safe mode. Then thought all resolved.)

Have installed Open Office, Chrome, Firefox. There are some other things installed such as WinRar. My son has installed a couple of things, but as he does not have Admin rights, this is limited.

Thanks

A:BSOD - son's computer so activity at time unknown. Fairly frequent.

Hello shaggydog,

* Your crash log indicates you STILL have the following malware programs installed.

*Kaspersky
Please remove it
http://support.kaspersky.com/downloa...vremover10.zip

* Remove Zone Alarm
http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe

* We recommend that you install MSE for testing purposes
Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

*Also note your Video driver was involved & needs to be reinstalled with the newest version.
When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver.
In order to do that we recommend using
Phyxion.net - Driver Sweeper

When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/197753-bsod-sons-computer-so-activity-time-unknown-fairly-frequent.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Posted a different topic in am I infected and was re directed here after I was unable to clean some infections Previous topic computer with rootkit freezes antimalware a doctor. Infected activity lot. Sometimes the computer freezes up sometimes I am able to access the internet and launch apps and other times it freezes and I have to shut it Infected with antimalware doctor. computer freezes a lot. rootkit activity off Luckily I was able to perform all the steps today but right before I was about to post this topic the computer Infected with antimalware doctor. computer freezes a lot. rootkit activity froze again Prior to the infection I did not have this problem DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by diana nong at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Enabled Updated A C F E - FDE- -AFAE- EFC EDE AV avast antivirus VPS - Enabled Outdated DB - F - A -B - A FD D FW Norton Internet Worm Protection Disabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exesvchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr Communications Helper exeC Program Files Logitech QuickCam QuickCam exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr LVComSX exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Logitech QuickCam COCIManager exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exeC WINDOWS PCHEALTH HELPCTR Binaries HelpCtr exeC WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries HelpSvc exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp yahoo sbc com dslmSearch Bar hxxp red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sb sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie htmluInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www dell me com mywayuInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q sBHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dllBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO CNisExtBho Class ecb - f - bbc- d- ddf e - c program files common files symantec shared adblocking NISShExt dllBHO TwcToolbarBhoApp Class aa f ddb-e - ba - d -e dee ad - c windows system TwcToolbarBho dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllBHO Yontoo Layers fd e- fde- d-a a- bab cad - c prog... Read more

A:Infected with antimalware doctor. computer freezes a lot. rootkit activity

Hi,Please do the following:Download ComboFix from one of the following locations:Link 1 Link 2 VERY IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop * IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures. Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.Notes:1. Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.2. Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402874/infected-with-antimalware-doctor-computer-freezes-a-lot-rootkit-activity/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have got a big annoying problem with my year old computer it freezes and I have to time from My to time computer freezes use the reset button to get it started My computer freezes from time to time again It can't be related to overheating because it can freeze just minutes after I have turned the computer on or after playing a game for awhile I have changed the place of memory sticks and even tried them one at the time but the problem is still there It can't have anything to do with the OS because I had the same problem when I got win installed My computer freezes from time to time I read about a guy who had similar problems which he solved by updating the firmware for the Kingston Gb SSD but I don't know if it will solve it and I can't find any firmware for my SSD Anyone know what can cause this problem For your information I got a friend with the exact same configuration except for the case she's got a Corsair Graphite T and never had any problems with her computer Just remembered that I had some issues trying to run windows update when the computer was new Had to run it several times without it installing the files before it finally succeed to install all files

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/128645-my-computer-freezes-time-time.html
Relevancy 58.48%

lately my pc's been acting up it freezes for about seconds then its fine again usually it happens every minute and time freezes computer to time from its computer freezes from time to time really really annoying sometimes when i play games and i have to fight monsters the comp freezes and fifteen seconds later i'm dead computer freezes from time to time i can still hear the audio though and when it freezes i can still move the mouse pointer but i cant click computer freezes from time to time or do anything i noticed that the freezes usually happen when i do something significant for example when i'm playing NBA live and the player goes to the hoop for a lay-up the comp freezes right before the foul animation or sometimes when i'm browsing the net it freezes right after i click quot new tab quot i have searched google but found nothing relating to my problem i am pretty sure it is a hardware problem because sometimes i open up the computer and clean the insides but i dont ground myself because i dont know how to specs are pentium XP mb ram mb Geforce video card ghz processor speed so i have now given the most accurate description i could give so please somebody help me plus i really dont know of the proper forum to post this so move if necessary

A:computer freezes from time to time

welcome
make sure you have the latest video drivers installed
check your device manager for any yellow alerts
you ground yourself by grabbing the matal case before entering the computer

You left out the power supply specs. include the age and the info labeled on the side of it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-freezes-from-time-to-time-186163.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello.

I have been experiencing bluee screens of death in the last 9 months.
Sometime , at 3-4 days it just happens , randomly.
I hope you guys can help me.
System specs :

Intel Quad Core 2.5 GHZ
8 GB RAM
ATi RADEON 5850 HD

The age of the system is about 2 years except for 4 gb ram and the video card which have been added last year.
the OS was installed when I added the parts above , so it's 1 year old.
The BSOD happens even if I am in a game , or on desktop , or in messenger.

I am attaching the file with the dumps and the health report to this thread.

Thank you

A:Random BSOD , from time to time , during normal daily activity!

the desktop window manager is crashing.
Are you using any custom themes or shells?

I do notice one problem you have though. You have the old Asus utility driver.
This needs to be replaced as it's a known trouble maker in windows 7.
I happen to have an asus board myself.
the new copy of the file will be attached here.
Manually overwriting the old one will work (I did it on my own system)
however, you will need to boot Safe Mode and locate ASACPI.sys
by navigating to c:\windows\system32\drivers
and overwrite the copy of the file there with the one I'm providing.
Then reboot normally.
This will solve that issue at least.
If the problem generally happens when the computer is entering a low power state, this would definitely be the cause of your problems.

Code:
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!HmgLockEx+a3 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff96000144613, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff880087bc030, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
win32k!HmgLockEx+a3
fffff960`00144613 0fb7430c movzx eax,word ptr [rbx+0Ch]

CONTEXT: fffff880087bc030 -- (.cxr 0xfffff880087bc030)
rax=fffff900c0200000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa8003d35060
rdx=fffff900c0200000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=fffff900c0200000
rip=fffff96000144613 rsp=fffff880087bca00 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=0000000000000001 r9=0000000000000000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff880087bca68 r12=0000000004f3cb00 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000001 r15=0000000000000001
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010246
win32k!HmgLockEx+0xa3:
fffff960`00144613 0fb7430c movzx eax,word ptr [rbx+0Ch] ds:002b:00000000`0000000c=????
Resetting default scope

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B

PROCESS_NAME: dwm.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff960002fdc40 to fffff96000144613

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`087bca00 fffff960`002fdc40 : fffff900`c24a1b00 00000000`00000001 ffffffff`e0120d06 fffff900`c22f9910 : win32k!HmgLockEx+0xa3
fffff880`087bca70 fffff960`002fd13e : fffff900`c24a1b00 00000000`00000000 00000d06`624d4653 00000000`0000001d : win32k!SFMLOGICALSURFACE::OwnsSurfaceCleanup+0x40
fffff880`087bcaa0 fffff960`002fe043 : 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`e0120d06 fffff900`c24a1b00 00000000`04f3cb5c : win32k!SFMLOGICALSURFACE::DeInitialize+0x4e
fffff880`087bcae0 fffff960`0025aa93 : 00000000`00000000 fffff900`c00bf010 fffff900`c24a1b00 00000000`00000020 : win32k!bhLSurfDestroyLogicalSurfaceObject+0x4b
fffff880`087bcb20 fffff960`0027bd28 : 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000001 fffff880`087bcc60 00000000`00000000 : win32k!GreSfmCloseCompositorRef+0x10f
fffff880`087bcb60 fffff800`02c8c993 : fffffa80`03d35060 fffffa80`06b2e1e0 00000000`00253fca fffffa80`06b2e1e0 : win32k!NtGdiHLSurfSetInformation+0x1a8
fffff880`087bcbe0 000007fe`fe504efa : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
00000000`0285f7f8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x7fe`fe504... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/185616-random-bsod-time-time-during-normal-daily-activity.html
Relevancy 56.76%

My computer freezes a lot. IT runs fine for a while and then all of a sudden it won't do anything for a while and then all of a sudden it works again. This happens several times a day. I use Mozilla and it is crashing several times a day. I really like the add ons Mozilla has and I hate to change. I didn't use to crash so much. I got a new profile which didn't help. All that did was cause me to lose a bunch of logins.

A:computer freezes all the time

Hi,
this maybe can help with the mozilla crashes http://www.howtogeek.com/135351/how-to-troubleshoot-mozilla-firefox-crashes/

And also to save guide your logins I would use Keypass http://keepass.info/
I use it and it is great to keep safe my logins and easy to use

Hope this helped

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-all-the-time.1146510/
Relevancy 56.76%

I am having a bugger of a time with my computer for the past few months Everything was working fine and then it wasn t Oddly enough it started acting up about the time Windows came out I ve tried everything freezes up all the that time. Computer I can think of to make it better I have even reformatted once or twice but it doesn t run any better So I have come to lay my burdens on someone who might know what I can do to make it better Here are my problems Programs are constantly going from running to not responding to running Every now and then I get blue screens or the explorer crashes It literally takes about five minutes for Firefox to open The computer is just slow and sluggish System Information Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack AMD Athlon Processor GB of Ram Graphics card is ATI Radeon X X Series If any Computer that freezes up all the time. other information is needed just let me know

A:Computer that freezes up all the time.

Blue Screen Errors tell you that something is going wrong with your system. I am providing a few links about diagnosing blue screen errors, using the event viewer, computer slowness...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74712/how-to-find-bsod-error-messages/http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/44690/slow-computer/http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/You also need to find out how full your hard drive is, How often do you defrag your system? Do you have enough RAM installed to smoothly run all of your applications? Do you run malware scans regularily? Do you have more than one Anti-Spyware program running at the same time? Firewall settings? The list of things that can be causing these types of problems is almost endless...I would start with trying to diagnose the Blue Screen Error messages first as this might take care of a lot of your issues...Download the de-bugging tool...Run it ...post any logs here for someone to help you find what may be causing your errors...May be a bad driver, bad hard drive, faulty RAM....MALWARE!!! But you have to start somewhere and that is where I would start...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/285823/computer-that-freezes-up-all-the-time/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have recently bought a computer and everytime I use it for 20 or 30 minutes the computer freezes on me. I took it back to the place Where I had bought it and everything seems OK; We even watched an entire movie on it. Could it be that I have a problem with the power supply in my apartment? Is there something else? Please answer me A.S.A.P because I am desperate.

Sincerely;
ovelosa

Relevancy 56.76%

Need Help SONY VAIO PCV-RZ G WINDOWS XP Hijacjthis log follows Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Freezes Computer the time all system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Sony Computer Freezes all the time Giga Pocket shwserv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Norman Bin Zanda exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Sony Photo Server appsrv PhotoAppSrv exe C Program Files Sony Giga Pocket GPVSvr exe C Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WUSB GC exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Media Platform SV Httpd exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Media Platform SV Httpd exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Media Platform UPnPFramework exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Media Platform UPnPFramework exe C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C program files support com client bin tgcmd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Norman bin NJEEVES EXE C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Sony Giga Pocket RM SV exe C ImageMate CompactFlash USB SandIcon Exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmgr exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmon exe C Norman bin ZLH EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Microsoft Location Finder LocationFinder exe C Program Files Sony USBSircs usbsircs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkCalRem exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Norman Nvc bin nvcoas exe C Norman Nvc BIN NVCSCHED EXE C Norman Nvc BIN NIP EXE C Norman Nvc BIN nipsvc exe C Norman Nvc bin cclaw exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME Cheri LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeople R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO MSN Search Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar MSN Search Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-us msntb dll O - HKLM Run ezShieldProtector for Px C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe O - HKLM Run ZTgServerSwitch c program files support com client bin tgcmd exe server O - HKLM Run VAIO Recovery C WINDOWS Sonysys VAIO Recovery PartSeal exe O - HKLM Run StorageGuard qu... Read more

A:Computer Freezes all the time

Hi, cherib10

Welcome to TSG.

There is no sign of malware in your log. It could be due to lack of resources.

Here are some routine maintenance practices that you should do on a regular basis to keep your machine running efficiently.

Click start then run, type Prefect then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file then click delete, confirm delete.

Click start, all Programmes, Accessories, System Tools to run Disc Clean up, then from System Tools, also run Disc Defragmenter.

Click start then run, ChkDsk /R then press enter, type Y to confirm for next boot, press enter then reboot.

Windows will appear to load normally then either the monitor will show progress or the screen will go blank, do not disturb this process.

This will take an hour or so before it gets to the desktop.

Remove unnecessary startups

This should be done through the System Configuration Utility. Go to Start > Run and type in msconfig. Click OK or hit the Enter key.

Click on the "Startup" tab and remove the check by the items that you have determined are unnecessary. Click "Apply" then "Close"

You will be prompted to restart. Go ahead and restart.

Upon restart you will be confronted with a dialogue box warning about running in selective startup. Just ignore that message and put a check in the box by "Don't show me this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts" and click "OK". You will not be bothered by the message again.

Keep in mind that some entries will be re-enabled in the startups each time you use that particular program. Therefore, you will have to find the option in that programs preferences that says something like "Load with Windows" or "Run when Windows Starts" and disable that option.

Go here for info on msconfig:

Pacs Portal

You can look up the startups at the following links to help determine what is needed and what is not:

ComputerCops
BleepingComputer
Answers That Work
Windows Startup

Download and install Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run Tune Up Disc Clean Up

Run Tune Up Registry Clean Up

Click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, which will take a few minutes and need a reboot. You should disable the antivirus programme to run this and check it is running after the reboot.

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot.

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot.

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor.

Download RegSeeker from here:

Open RegSeeker.
Check the box 'Backup Before Deletion.
Click on 'Clean the Registry'
Under 'Keys', check all boxes.
Click 'OK'
Allow it to run, this will take several minutes.
When it has finished, click 'Select All'
Right-Click in the yellow highlighted area and select 'Delete selected items'
Click 'OK' in the confirmation box.
Exit RegSeeker.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-all-the-time.509337/
Relevancy 56.76%

I bought time all Computer the freezes a HP Pavilion dv last year and I upgraded it from Vista to Lately my computer hangs all the time and when it Computer freezes all the time freezes the screen just stop moving and ctrl alt Computer freezes all the time delete Computer freezes all the time doesn't help nor the power button There's nothing I can do to shut down the computer so I have to take out the battery and unplug the power Starting the computer after that is a pain in the neck as it takes AGES to reboot I have done a full virus scan and a full system scan and found nothing wrong with my computer I notice that whenever I use the webcam my pc tends to hang At first I thought it was the HP MediaSmart's fault so I uninstalled it and reinstall the newer version of it It did not change anything as my pc still gets frozen up at the most random time I am devastated because my school projects are about to start and I don't have time to deal with all these windows nonsense I am a computer noob Please will someone help me with this

A:Computer freezes all the time

After a freeze, check your windows event viewer for any system errors. If there are then post them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/157170-computer-freezes-all-time.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello! I don't know if I am infected with something, but my computer keeps freezing all the time. It doesn't matter what I do, or even how many programs I have open. For example, all I am doing is reading something in Word, and it will freeze. The type of freezing where everything turns white and on the top of your program it says: "not responding." I can hardly do anything without this happening. And it doesn't just happen once in a while. I sometimes can't do anything for several minutes, then it lets me do a little bit, and freezes again. I am ready to throw this thing against the wall. It is a HP laptop from 2013, and I am running Windows 8.1. Please help!! Thank you!Edit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590139/computer-freezes-all-the-time/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi everyone, i hope someone can help
Since about a week ago almost every time i try to do anything, change IE page, look through files etc my computer freezes and wont let me do anything for about 10 seconds (sometimes longer) my system is starting to get a bit old now but not that bad.
I have Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1 with 1.70 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core TK-53 and a load of other rubbish that Belarc gave me so please ask if you need more info.
Ive run ad aware, spy-bot search and destroy and my bullguard scanner. Ive deleted all cookies, temporary internet files etc. Ive also checked my startup programmes just in case and couldn't find any strange files. I'm a bit stumped at what to do.
Must add I'm not really knowledgeable about things so if you can keep it in layman's terms that'd be a help.
Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/whole-computer-freezes-for-about-10-second-every-time-i-try-to-do-anything-320856.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I don't know if it's the software or the hardware, which is causing the problem. My computer is a HP Pavilion dv5000-series, and it's running Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy(i think the build is called). But everytime i try to start my computer, it goes okay, until the log on screen. Then when i start typing my username, it just freezes. And if i restart it, it's just doing the same thing.

Even if i try reinstall Ubuntu, it freezes in the installation. And i've even tried installing XP Pro, but it freezes also..

So if you know maybe what's causing the problem, or just have an good idea, please let me know... (:

A:My Computer Freezes All The Time.. Help Me..

Did you read the rules in this forum?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-freezes-all-the-time-help-me-314565.html
Relevancy 56.76%

can someone please help me I am in desperate need I am a student that needs his computer and this is really affecting EVERYTHING and I can't afford to take this to best buy for computer freezes all time the them to fix it If someone could please help me I would be eternally grateful The computer is really slow when it works and freezes up if i have more than windows up plz plz plz plz help thank you so much Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe computer freezes all the time C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc computer freezes all the time exe C Program Files Java computer freezes all the time jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet Quickset exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Documents and Settings Saad Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Documents and Settings Saad Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Saad Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Documents and Settings Saad Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Saad Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files HomeKeylogger KeyLogger exe C Program Files Java jre bin java exe C Documents and Settings Saad Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Saad Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Saad Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL http www google com ig dell hl en amp us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C PROGRA Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF-... Read more

A:computer freezes all the time

Hello and welcome to TSF.

HijackThis is no longer the preferred initial analysis tool in this forum.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/computer-freezes-all-the-time-396274.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello all I built my computer around years ago and it worked great up untill I left for Afghanistan On my return from Afghanistan though It has been freezing ALL the time The first time I went to boot it up actually I wouldn't even turn on at all It would light up and think for a good seconds and then just turn off and then turn itself on and repeat all by itself I opened it up and gave it a good cleaning and this seemed to work I was able to get on and carry on as usual But now since then its slowly started freezing randomly Some days it seems fine and some days I cant get past start-up It will just freeze at freezes before startup) the all (sometimes time. Computer the loading windows screen Now currently I cant turn it on and I am having my original problem I was able to get to Computer freezes all the time. (sometimes before startup) the start-up repair and tried running some tests but for the most part the repair wizard was useless I tried running a memory test and it froze during that go figure Anyway here are my specs any help or suggestions would be appreciated I currently believe its either a hardware problem or its overheating or something Motherboard AsRock p Extreme Diskdrive LG Blueray disk rewriter Graphics Card x GeForce GTS- Power Supply Mach w Memory Corsair-XMS x gigs DDR Processor Intel I Monitor Sony Bravia in TV

A:Computer freezes all the time. (sometimes before startup)

Quote: Originally Posted by urmurked

Hello all

I built my computer around 2 years ago and it worked great up untill I left for Afghanistan. On my return from Afghanistan though It has been freezing ALL the time. The first time I went to boot it up actually I wouldn't even turn on at all. It would light up and think for a good 10 seconds and then just turn off and then turn itself on and repeat all by itself.

I opened it up and gave it a good cleaning and this seemed to work. I was able to get on and carry on as usual. But now since then its slowly started freezing randomly. Some days it seems fine and some days I cant get past start-up. It will just freeze at the loading windows screen. Now currently I cant turn it on and I am having my original problem. I was able to get to the start-up repair and tried running some tests but for the most part the repair wizard was useless. I tried running a memory test and it froze during that (go figure).

Anyway here are my specs any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I currently believe its either a hardware problem or its overheating or something.

Motherboard: AsRock p55 Extreme

Diskdrive: LG Blueray disk rewriter

Graphics Card: 2x GeForce GTS-250

Power Supply: Mach 1 (1000w)

Memory: Corsair-XMS3 2x2gigs DDR3

Processor: Intel I5

Monitor: Sony Bravia 36in TV

Hello there!

Please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions and post us the files. I know you're not getting any BSOD still looking at the files we may be some clue on what's happening.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/245016-computer-freezes-all-time-sometimes-before-startup.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Heys guys mt computer is infested with crap on it now Pop-ups come on every site I go and it is more than annoying I have used this site before and got great result from one cleaning Please hep me as soon as you all can Hijack this file the all time!!!! Annoying and freezes HELP computer Pop-ups is attached below Please let me know what i can do to stop this crap on my Annoying Pop-ups and computer freezes all the time!!!! HELP computer I ran ad aware on my pc often enough but they still come back and I cant stop them fast enough Maybe i need a Annoying Pop-ups and computer freezes all the time!!!! HELP neew patch or something PLease someone Help me thanks in advance Nick Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files SurfAccuracy SAcc exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system wintask exe C WINDOWS CheckS exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLHostManager exe C WINDOWS sys - exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C windows mousepad exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS system sherdt exe C DOCUME NICKLU LOCALS Temp cinfo exe C DOCUME NICKLU MYDOCU STEM fast exe C WINDOWS system sherdt exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS ppPatch l exe C PROGRA Iomega System AppServices exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Documents and Settings Nick Lukow Desktop HijackThis exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Netscape Netscape Netscp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer sas r attbi com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride r attbi com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook B AB F-D C- B-A F -F CEAC - - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - EE B -F - BB- FB-A BD B A - C Program Files SurfSideKick SskBho dll F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system pcwau exe F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe axdeftu exe N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings Nick Lukow Application Data Mozilla Profiles default p xdn u slt prefs js O - BHO CControl Object - ABC - BF- B -B -F DB C FD - C Program Files E G IeBHOs dll file missing O - BHO no name - C AF - C - dfb- - AB A - C WINDOWS DH dll file missing O - Toolbar AOLToolBand Class - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLHostManager exe O - HKLM Run SurfAccuracy C Program Files SurfAccuracy SAcc exe O - HKLM Run New net Startup rundll C PROGRA NEWDOT NEWDOT DLL ClientStartup -s O - HKLM Run WinTask dr... Read more

A:Annoying Pop-ups and computer freezes all the time!!!! HELP

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please be patient with me during this time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/annoying-pop-ups-and-computer-freezes-all-the-time-help-96950.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, the last day or two i have had this problem where every other time after my PC has started up after about a minute, the screen freezes. Can't move the mouse, can't reboot, can't do anything other then reset. Once started back up everything is OK and working back to normal.

These are my PC specs:
OS: Vista Home premium home edition, service pact 2 (32-bit)

Processor: Intel Core 2 quad Q6600 @ 2400MHz

PM: 3072MB

HD: 2x 500GB

VC: NVIDA GeForce 8800 GTX

Not too sure what else to give you guys, so if anyone can ask me something that might help please do.

A:Computer Freezes at Startup every other time

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722173(WS.10).aspx

bit heavy going that essentially vista does enable you to detect errors yourself, think this was included as vista is so cr*p !!

if you go via control panel performane perform monitor crfeate report you will see many red nasties these will help you to track the issue down http://www.petri.co.il/vista-system-health-report.htm

as for now though try clean boot start type msconfig enter start up untick everything / if this ok proceed to performance as above if not ok back to msconfig and tick selective start up reboot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-at-startup-every-other-time.957925/
Relevancy 56.33%

My computer has been extremely slow and freezes all the time. On boot up and opening programs sometimes takes 5 minutes to open the program i.e. Firefox or Explorer. Do not run high capacity programs, mostly use to surf the internet and kids homework projects. Commonly has high CPU usage and Disk usage.

Toshiba Satellite C655D w/ AMD E-300 APU w/ Radeon HD Graphics 1.30 GHz
8.00 GB RAM, 64 bit operating system running Windows 10 operating system.

Attached are the logs that were created. Not sure if you need any additional information.

Ran Malware-bytes Anti-malware a few weeks ago (9/20/16) and have attached the log as well. Upon removal of the infected files on MBAM the computer would not restart. Worked with MBAM support to get the system back up a running again. They had me run me run Farber Recovery Scan Tool. I can post the logs from that if needed. Thank you in advance for your help with this request.

Relevancy 56.33%

My computer freezes and doesn t respond it turns off by it self it take for ever to start when I first turn it some all help time the please freezes My blipping computer on internet explorer doesn t respond I cant run quick books outlook freezes as excel word DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition My blipping computer freezes all the time some help please GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C PROGRA My blipping computer freezes all the time some help please AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe C Program Files DigitalPersona Bin DPWinLct exe svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe C Program Files DigitalPersona Bin DpHost exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files DigitalPersona Bin DPFUSMgr exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C PROGRA IObitBar toolbar bin i brmon exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files IE New Window Maximizer iemaximizer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AOL waol exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp bwgo e a exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe c program files common files aol ee services antiSpywareApp ver AOLSP Scheduler exe C Program Files Common Files AOL EE aolsoftware exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files AOL shellmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files AOL Topspeed aoltpsd exe C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution Download Install SQLServer ExpressSP -KB -x -ENU exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe c eb df e b dc ded hotfix exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe c eb df e b dc ded HotFixExpress Files SQLEXPR EXE c a d fbcba c e a d setup exe c... Read more

A:My blipping computer freezes all the time some help please

Hello and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!
Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!
Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic.
Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________Rootkit UnHooker (RkU)Please download Rootkit Unhooker from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.Link 1 (.exe file)Link 2 (zipped file)Link 3 (.rar file)In order to use this tool if you downloaded from either of the second two links, you will need to extract the RKUnhookerLE.exe file using a program capable of extracing ZIP and RAR compressed files. If you don't have an extraction program, you can downlaod, install and use the free 7-zip utility.Double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to start the program.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check Drivers, Stealth, and uncheck the rest.Click OK.Wait until it's finished and then go to File > Save Report.Save the report to your Desktop.Copy and paste the contents of the report into your next reply.-- Note: You may get this warning...just ignore it, click OK and continue: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself! It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?".NEXT:Running OTLWe need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedNEXT:Please provide an update on how things are running in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/390168/my-blipping-computer-freezes-all-the-time-some-help-please/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello, i am new on this forum so excuse me if i write this topic to the wrong section but i got a big problem-
My computer freezes like 3times a day and im gettin really sick of it , here is a vid of what happens with my PC : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYV0_mZv3ro
also here is my DxDiag : https://rapidshare.com/files/10016382/DxDiag.txt
i tryed to reinstall my vista but it didnt help , i also downloaded a Live Update 5 app from MSI and after that i downloaded the bios driver but that didnt help at all, i have run memtest too and i passed it without a problem so i really dont know what else to do , please somebody help me !

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello.

My computer keeps rebooting all the time, out of the blue. It does not have a certain ammount of time before it does it, it's completely random. Sometimes it will run for hours with o problems, but more often than not it will reboot or freeze. :/

System specs:

Win XP pro
AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (1.83 Ghz)
768 DDR
ATI Radeon 9600 128
Main driver:ati2dvag.dll
version: 6.14.0010.6525

If more info about the system is needed I can provide it.

Thank you for answering.

A:Computer reboots or freezes all the time.

try to disably automatic reboot so you can get the error message that might have the cause. My computer>right click>properties>advanced>startup and recovery settings>uncheck automatically restart

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-reboots-or-freezes-all-the-time.360205/
Relevancy 56.33%
Relevancy 56.33%

I have recently custom built my own computer I have decided to put Windows XP Corporate Edition Solved: the Freezes Computer Time? all SP on it I then upgraded that to SP A few days ago I had my friend come over and hook up his laptop to my computer ethernet so Solved: Computer Freezes all the Time? we can play a game Solved: Computer Freezes all the Time? together We werent detecting each other so we decided to put the firewall off of course I had my internet off But then I got my computer hooked up to the internet while forgetting to put the firewall back on gah stupid me To my huge surprise sarcasm my computer got infected with a malware or two I honestly forgot what they re called but one of them was called rogue something A few of my desktop icons got deleted and sometimes I wouldnt c the start button or the computer wouldnt detect the main harddrive and various other errors It also gave me fake anti virus ads of course I didnt click on any I installed many different programs to remove it but none were successful except Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Now my computer has been so unstable that I dont even feel like it s a new computer I am exhausted and frustrated I tried a registry clean using RegCure thinking that maybe something got messed up in the registry but still that was unsucessful I don t know what to do anymore so I seek your help computer geniuses heh Ps I m not sure if this is the right place to post this thread so if an administrator could please move it to where it should be I would be very thankful ----------------------------------------- Here are my computer specifications taken from DxDiag I m a little lazy lol ----------------------------------------- Time of this report Machine name sensored Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model Maximus Extreme BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ----------------------------------------- HijackThis Log ----------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C Program Files ASUS Ai Suite AiNap AiNap exe C Program Files ASUS Ai Suite AiGear CpuPowerMonitor exe C Program Files ASUS AI Direct Link AsShare exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Razer DeathAdder razerhid exe C Program Files PowerISO SCDEmuApp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Corel Corel Snapfire Plus Corel Photo Downloader exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Documents and Settings Ziad Maalouf Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpupd... Read more

Relevancy 55.47%

My Windows7 32-bit computer is really slow and some operation take an extremely long time. I would like to see what steps I can take to begin diagnosing. Several times I have run Hi-Jack this 2.0.5 to try and see if anything obvious comes up. I have not seen anything that I believe is unusual.

A:Slow Browser Activity and Computer / Unusual Activity

Hello, my name is GLaDOS and I will be helping you today.
So first thing is download malwarebytes antimalware from here
after you download it install it and update the database, after that run a quick scan and wait for it to finish and post the log here.
Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499590/slow-browser-activity-and-computer-unusual-activity/
Relevancy 55.47%

Ever since I got this computer (Dell XPS) about 3 years ago it has had problems with freezing but recently it has become much more frequent. It mainly happens when watching a movie or long video but has started happening any time, even when the computer is in sleep mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Computer Freezes all the time, more often when watching videos.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes: List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size. Click Go and paste the content into your next post.Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 .Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/459183/computer-freezes-all-the-time-more-often-when-watching-videos/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello two of my HP Pavilion A N now have a problem THEY RE COMPLETELY USELESS One day my cat turned off our surge protector so one of the computers was without power It did a hard unexpected shut down because of useless Solved: it = all freezes Computer the time, no power When I booted it back up it would freeze unpredictably There are some things that will instantly freeze it up like trying to load America s Army or trying to disable a Local Area Connection but doing other things like browsing the web it will run fine for a while then just freeze for no reason I thought maybe my Mobo got fried or maybe my files But then another computer on the network got the same Solved: Computer freezes all the time, it = useless symptoms This other computer was not even connected to the same surge protector so that pretty much rules out the hard shutdown The only similar thing that we had done to those computers before they went berserk was when we did the Automatic Windows update that downloaded Windows Genuine Advantage I m not sure if it really completely downloaded though since there s not WGA process running in the task manager Those updates had been done on the same day that the computers died so I decided to try a system restore on one of them I went back to the point before the WGA download and didn t allow it to download But the computer still freezes and now I m quot not allowed quot to update Windows unless I download WGA but for now since it caused problems with other people I think I ll not download it for now Also with both computers when they froze when you tried to shut down a program it wouldn t End Task doesn t work and neither does ending the process When you tried End Task the dumprep exe would start sucking CPU power but wouldn t load the error report program so i disable error reporting but now the program still doesn t shut down at all when the computer is in it s frozen state When I say frozen i don t mean completely frozen You can still move the mouse around and try to close running programs and only for a while you can launch task manager or use the start menu but you can t start any new programs and you can t end any running ones What else this is bizarre When it s frozen and your trying to run or end programs CPU usage is extremely low and PF usage is reasonable also Also the only way to get the computer to shut down is by doing a hard shutdown i e hold the button in for seconds or how ever long it is If you try to shut it down properly it just hangs in the shutting down screen forever USB ports usually won t work now except for my USB mouse It only works though if it was already plugged in before the computer boots up If you try to plug it in afterward it doesn t work Maybe it s spyware or a virus because of the way the problem seemed to spread to the other computer but it could have just been because we didn t notice the problem until a bit after the first incident since the other computer isn t used as much But none of our antispyware or antivirus programs could detect anything that was particularly harmfull We have Norton AV Corporate edition AVG spybot s amp d Adaware all are in latest versions and updates I know I ve given a lot of information and it might be hard to sort out but it s a complicated problem to fully explain without showing someone Well here s a HJT log of my computer which was the first to die and was connected to the surge protecter that got shut off It s kind of long but hey what can I say Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS System svch... Read more

Relevancy 55.47%

My computer :
Dual CPU E2180 2.00GHz
Ram 3.00 Gb Bus 800
VGA 256 MB nividia geoforce 7300GT
PSU : 500 W
Speed fan pic :

My computer freezes when i play ANY game (left4dead, pcsx2 emulator, other low requirement game). It freezes whenever it like and i can't do anything else, my computer doesn't auto restart either, the only thing i can do when freezing is click the restart button.
Anyone have the slightly clue about what may cause the problem? Does it have something to do with my VGA card because i just got it back from maintenance.

Relevancy 55.47%

This is really annoying. It all started when I tried to install a non compatible vista sound program, and then i uninstalled it soon after realizing that it wouldnt work with vista. Now, everytime I try to change the volume slider, my taskbar freezes and my mouse can't click anything. This is the same when i try to change the volume using the dell quickset keys. Could this be a virus, since I think there was something fishy with another program I used? Should I post a HJT log?

A:Help, computer freezes each time i try to change the volume

Your non compatible Vista sound program is still there. You will have to get rid of it. Try using a Vista compatiable registry cleaner. What is best registry cleaner for Vista I have not been able to determine yet. You might have to do it my hand. This is very difficult. It's had in XP but made even more difficult in Vista. Not to mention you might end up reinstalling or...wait a minute. Vista has absolutely a wonderful System Restore. Use that!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-computer-freezes-each-time-i-try-to-change-the-volume-159121.html
Relevancy 55.47%

hey, so i've had this computer for about 2 years, and i move away from home for school, so neways wen i have it up for school i rarely shut it off, and wen i brought it back home the first time from school it did this freezing thing, where it would freeze allllllllll the time, but it eventually fixed itself somehow...but now i bring it back home for the school break and it's bin doin this freezing thing for like 2-3 months...i have no clue why it's doin this, and i hope one of you does, that would be sweeeeeeeet!...

Thanks,
Salah

A:Computer Freezes Allll The Time Without Warning...please Help

Is it making any distinct noise just before or when it freezes?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/107676/computer-freezes-allll-the-time-without-warningplease-help/
Relevancy 55.47%

This is a nuisance which is really bothering me, about half the time i open a normal folder, the comp freezes, and i have to control alt delete and end task a couple times to make it go away. Does anyone have advice?

Relevancy 55.47%

The computer doesn't freeze permanently or crash rather it stalls for a second or two and then continues on normally It's been doing this since I got it around freezes for randomly a at seconds Computer time a month ago I have tried monitoring my computer using MSI Afterburner to see what happens whenever this occurs and it seems that the GPU and CPU drop to usage for the duration of the freeze If I'm playing a game which is usually when this occurs or at least when it's most noticeable an offline game will freeze video audio and inputs while an online game seems to only freeze the video letting the audio and inputs continue Computer freezes randomly for seconds at a time functioning Although it seems to occur randomly in that I can't seem Computer freezes randomly for seconds at a time to forcibly reproduce it I have noticed a bit of a trend It seems that every time its happens during a game the game is loading some sort of effect model texture ect mid-game as opposed to during a loading screen I have played these games on less powerful hardware with the same operating system and such things have never occured so I can assume that it isn't simply a problem with the games I play My computer specs if it matters Model MSI GL QF OS Windows Professional -bit GPU Nvidia GTX M CPU Intel Core i - HQ GHz RAM GB Sorry if this isn't the right forum to post this in

A:Computer freezes randomly for seconds at a time

- Install PcWintech's Cleanmem. Disable everything (for the time being) but make sure you to enable the system tray icon that shows the % of used memory. When you're playing a game then keep an eye on what this tray icon reports. I could imagine that memory usage is and remains very high during playing those games.
- If the % remains high then enable the Cleanmem features. This program reduces memory usage every 15 minutes.
- Your HD could be failing. Run GSmartControl and tell us how many pink/red lines show up in the attributes tab (except for "Temperature").
http://gsmartcontrol.sourceforge.net/home/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618627/computer-freezes-randomly-for-seconds-at-a-time/
Relevancy 55.47%

I tried to install some non vista compatible sound thing software. And when i realized this, I soon uninstalled everything. However, now, whenever I try to change the volume, it just crashes, the taskbar freezes, and I can't click anything. I tried installing all the drivers, but still no luck. Could this be a virus? I did accidently double click on a fishy app. I think I'll post a HJT log in the other just in case.

A:Computer freezes each time I try to change volume

PLEASE IGNORE THIS TOPIC. i fixed it by doing a simple system restore

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-each-time-i-try-to-change-volume.578154/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi there everyone,
I am having a windows 7 problem. Last night I connected a hard drive
To my pc to get some documents I needed. I disconnected it again when I
Was done. Now my pc freezes everytime I open a program. I have done a virus
Scan and tried the diagnostic startup in msconfig, I even removed some
Software and programs I don't use. So far nothing has worked.
Urgently need some help please.

A:computer freezes every time I open a program

what exactly diagnostics did you on start-up msconfig? and have you tried safe mode to narrow down the issue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-every-time-i-open-a-program.1137126/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I have the following box CPU INTEL Q VGA random freezes time Computer work of after ASUS RADEON HD MB ASUS P Q RAM GB MHZ DDR NON-ECC CL DIMM KIT Computer freezes after random time of work HD WD CAVIAR GP GB SATA MB INTELLIPOW PS CORSAIR PSU W CM FAN ATX PFC CD SMG DVDRW X BLACK BARE SATA After Computer freezes after random time of work few months of perfect running my PC started to freeze at random times It can be from few Computer freezes after random time of work min to hours After freeze I can see last screenshot in the monitor but nothing is responding and some of the PC fans are working faster than before freeze Sometimes computer freezes during start up even before OS is started to load and even with cold box so I doubt it can be OS problem or heating I have checked all contacts inside box I have cleanly reinstalled OS to Windows I have tried launching Windows memory test If I run standard tests it completes with no errors but if I run extended tests after running random time computer freezes everything stops responding I have memory sticks have tried to remove one rerun tests it still freezes did same with another one still freezes I have tried running windows scan disk During the scan computer freezes at random times too Sometimes it finish without any errors on smaller disks I have checked temperatures System - C CPU - GPU - I have also noticed that after computer freeze and after I restart it it hangs on initial start the only thing I can see is dash on my screen If I restart it again it boots up normally The only hardware I have changed in my box is CPU cooler Change was from stock one to ZALMAN CNPS AT Everything looks ok with it temperatures are about C lower then with stock cooler I would be very thanking if someone would list things that could help me to detect what is causing such freezes of my pc nbsp

A:Computer freezes after random time of work

The fact that the fans are running faster just before the freeze usually points to overheating. If you can identify the fan that is running faster ie CPU HSF, Power Supply fan, Vido card fan, or if attached the fan on the Northbridge chip.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-after-random-time-of-work.859236/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey guys So I am running an Hp Pavilion a n computer with Windows Ultimate bit I have just started to recently have some really annoying issues When I try to open google chrome or any other program really the computer doesn't do anything for literally like minutes then it opens Now when it opens it will work for a little while but then time of a for period freezes randomly Computer it will stop trying to load pages I Computer randomly freezes for a period of time will hit new tab and it will just load a white page and I can't do anything It took me minutes to get to this website alone After awhile the computer starts working and everything is smooth but then it freezes up again I can still click stuff but it doesn't load or do anything Another example is in Windows Media Player When I click to play a new song sometimes it just says media changing for a good minutes before it ever works or if I hit the X to close it it will take just as long Nothing works at all when the computer freezes I can't open anything like computer or control panel nor can I close anything Any ideas

A:Computer randomly freezes for a period of time

Can I assume you're defragging your hard drive regularly?

If so, then try booting into Safe Mode with Networking. Then attempt to get on the web and see if that makes any difference. If not, the problem is likely hardware related. So you could run a hard drive diagnostic program and check temperatures and voltages in BIOS to determine whether there's overheating or a power issue. You can also run mdsched.exe or Memtest86 to test for RAM errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-randomly-freezes-for-a-period-of-time-568304.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I'm new here, I've got this problem on my computer since last month. It freezes every time I play online games. At first when I open and play an online game, it's okay but after 3-5 minutes my computer starts to freez, everything hangs(mouse, browsers and etc.,) and it has garbled sounds. And I have to restart it manually so that it'll be back to normal again.
Thank you,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-freezes-every-time-i-play-online-games-547756.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,

Word 2003 is locking up my machine it's a almost brand new machine, but after a random amount of time, it just locks up. Only when using word, however. Problem is, I can't figure out why. I've uninstalled office and re-installed, removed zone-alarm, tried different documents, etc. Locks up - but it's inconsistent. Sometimes the freeze happens right away, sometimes after an hour.

Any ideas?

A:Word freezes computer after random amount of time

Hmm.. anybody?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-freezes-computer-after-random-amount-of-time.481523/
Relevancy 55.04%

My computer either reboots, freezes, or just gives me a black screen every 10-20 minutes when I'm online and offline. Also sometimes it freezes when it's counting memory at the start, and other unusual places. I am running a dual boot, Windows XP beta and Windows 95b. Same problem occurs in both operating systems. I even physically moved the computer in place of my old one, where I know for sure all the outlets work, and I still had the same problem. I tried running in safe mode, same problem occurs. I unplugged everything except the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and still same thing. I barely installed Norton Systemworks, and then when it begun checking for problems it froze. I think it might be a hardware problem, I am just asking you all what could be the problem in my computer.

My computer is 650 mhz Athlon.

Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 55.04%

When ever I try to run a full scan, using Malwarebytes, CA Securites Suite, or CHKDSK my computer freezes on C:/windows/winsxs/701ac6bcaab92f26d2cac89d5f9bd87410011164c0e28243ea0a3feb2b2e8dc5 I've tried opening the file, and I've tried opening it's properties and I've tried deleting it. Computer freezes every time and I have to reboot. Anybody know what this file is and how can I fix this problem? Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Computer freezes every time I run a full scan.

Hi.

Grab a copy of Avast ( Here), and allow it to do a full boot-time scan.

For more information on Bot-Time scanning using Avast, please see Here.

The Free version of Avast will work just as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-computer-freezes-every-time-i-run-a-full-scan-656864.html
Relevancy 55.04%

i did some work but dont know if its good now so if you can look ar it please let me know thanks for you help may god bless you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system brss a exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS system Brmfrmps exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Maxthon Maxthon exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Intuit QuickBooks qbw exe C PROGRA Intuit QUICKB QBDBMgr exe C Documents and Settings joel Desktop HijackThis exe R - Freezes, Computer time start... to takes long HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe Computer Freezes, takes long time to start... PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahooas Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c Program Files GoogleAFE GoogleAE dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run LogMeIn GUI quot C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe quot O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run DLA C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Fil... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-freezes-takes-long-time-to-start-226667.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Like the title says, I have short freezes every 5-20 seconds that lasts for half a second to one second and its quite annoying! I have no clue of what might be causing this problem. I've included with the files which I got from W8 log collector. Thanks for all the help I can get!

A:Having short freezes quite often.

Hello,

Uninstall Bluestacks software and your bsods will stop:

Code:
STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`07f244d8 fffff801`cd214529 : 00000000`0000000a ffffffff`cd20eb80 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000008 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`07f244e0 fffff801`cd212da0 : 00000000`00000008 00000001`00000000 fffffa80`05cbf400 fffff880`000000aa : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`07f24620 ffffffff`cd20eb80 : fffff880`0991357c 00000000`00000010 00000000`00200046 fffff880`07f247e8 : nt!KiPageFault+0x260
fffff880`07f247b8 fffff880`0991357c : 00000000`00000010 00000000`00200046 fffff880`07f247e8 00000000`00000018 : 0xffffffff`cd20eb80
fffff880`07f247c0 00000000`00000010 : 00000000`00200046 fffff880`07f247e8 00000000`00000018 00000000`00000000 : HD_Hypervisor_amd64+0xa57c
fffff880`07f247c8 00000000`00200046 : fffff880`07f247e8 00000000`00000018 00000000`00000000 fffff880`09911a9a : 0x10
fffff880`07f247d0 fffff880`07f247e8 : 00000000`00000018 00000000`00000000 fffff880`09911a9a fffff8a0`00c298e0 : 0x200046
fffff880`07f247d8 00000000`00000018 : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`09911a9a fffff8a0`00c298e0 fffff880`07f24890 : 0xfffff880`07f247e8
fffff880`07f247e0 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`09911a9a fffff8a0`00c298e0 fffff880`07f24890 00000000`00000000 : 0x18

Enjoy.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/5823-having-short-freezes-quite-often.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My primary drive is a kingston SSD and since iv installed windows its not been able to wake up from sleep without freezing and causing BSOD it used to not even produce DMP files but hs recently with I will upload the content any help would be appreciated I have recently reinstalled windows to help fix freezes sleep up my screen my wake to always and time computer Ever i the put bsod the problem which was unsuccessful I hope its not a hardware issue as I built the computer myself and heard from a fourm that it could be the ssd but have no idea Thanks Symbol Path validation summary Response Time ms Location Deferred SRV C Windows symbol cache http msdl microsoft com download symbols Microsoft R Windows Ever time i put my computer to sleep and wake up my screen always freezes the bsod Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows MEMORY DMP Kernel Bitmap Dump File Only kernel address space is available Symbol Path validation summary Response Time ms Location Deferred SRV C Windows symbol cache http msdl microsoft com download symbols Symbol search path is SRV C Windows symbol cache http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre win gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff e f PsLoadedModuleList xfffff e ebaa Debug session time Fri Aug UTC System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck EF fffffa a Page d not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Probably caused by csrss exe Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis CRITICAL PROCESS DIED ef A critical system process died Arguments Arg fffffa a Process object or thread object Arg If this is a process died If this is a thread died Arg Arg Debugging Details ------------------ Page d not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page c not present in the dump ... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ever-time-i-put-my-computer-to-sleep-and-wake-up-my-screen-always-freezes-the-bsod.204835/
Relevancy 54.18%

Lately my computer has been acting up. It takes forever for the computer to go to sleep. I could tell because the inside has LED lights. It used to be really fast in going to sleep and would shut off almost 5 seconds after. Now it's around 30 seconds. Also, programs like Winrar are really slow. Winrar used to extract my files relatively fast. Now, it is very slow and freezes up my computer. It seems like a number of programs freeze my computer. I open up task manager and often see the programs that I have opened to be used 100% of the disk, or be highlighted red. Could anyone please help me as this is really frustrating?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/49455-computer-takes-long-time-sleep-occasional-freezes.html
Relevancy 54.18%

We have four computers, all Win7, connected to our home network, with an HSHomerun TV tuner.
On only one computer, the Media Center recordings are stopped after 9 to 19 minutes.
This has only been happening for about two weeks -- before that, recording on this computer was fine.
These are scheduled recordings, either via "Guide" or by "Channel and Time" scheduling, even in the middle of the night, when none of the other computers are on, so I see no way that it could be a tuner problem, but I could be wrong.
The recording starts out fine, then just stops after a few minutes.
The scheduled time can be from half an hour to three hours -- still only a few minutes are recorded.
I removed the Media Center, via Control Panel, and added it back, with no change.
Any suggestions appreciated.

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I recently had a massive virus pack install onto my PC from a company that is actually legitimate so it was unexpected I followed the steps that I normally use to get rid of the malicious software and the using Explorer.exe after short all my time ram virus is supposedly gone but since then my explorer exe Explorer.exe using all my ram after short time has been using up all my CPU and all my RAM When I first start my Explorer.exe using all my ram after short time PC and I have nothing Explorer.exe using all my ram after short time running even after minutes my mem usage is up to - gb out my available After - minutes I no longer have any available ram as it is all being used by explorer exe even during idling I am using process explorer to get a better view of the problem so there is some information for you I recently had Microsoft security essentials but that is currently disabled as I know that it inteferes with a lot of the fix processes that are used If anyone can help me that would be brilliant When the system is using that much memory I am not able to get anything done the pc moves at a snails pace Thanks Bill

A:Explorer.exe using all my ram after short time

You can ask a moderator or admin to move this into the Virus Removal Help section, it would be more appropriate.

Mod Edit:  Moved to Am I Infected forum - Hamluis.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556498/explorerexe-using-all-my-ram-after-short-time/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi Since some months my computer have short freezes with almost every Short bugs freezes and softwares For example when I navigate on Firefox sometimes when I click the window freeze and become white with the quot not responding quot at the top of the window and the mouse have the loading s animation during less than one second but several times Short freezes and bugs During these freezes I can move Short freezes and bugs the mouse and use my computer but not the software who s freezing Sometimes it s not very often but with some softwares it do it every time like the launcher of Planet Side who blink every seconds and when it stop it blink when I click on it Also VLC is slower a little bit like all my computer to decode a full HD video the video is rasterized on some parts of the image during some minutes or some seconds I tried to resolve the problem but I didn t find any solution I tried to find an update driver who will be the problem for uninstall it or make a system s restoration But the big problem was that I react too late and I installed many windows updates drivers updates and softwares I also tried use Malwarebytes AntiMalware software but it found nothing Now I m thinking about reinstalling windows but I will have to reinstall everythings but that s not a big inconvenient because my computer need it Thanks you for yours answers if you need more informations ask me and please excuse me if I made some mistakes I m french Best regards Here s my configuration Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows dition Int grale Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - MQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Micro-Star International Co Ltd MS- F Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Short freezes and bugs

"not responding" means that the system has run out of memory and must swap out and in from the hard drive.

Have a look at all of your loaded programs, processes and services?

Also note that some "Protection" programs can cause this as each bit of data must be scanned.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/short-freezes-and-bugs.1136569/
Relevancy 54.18%

Every few minutes my desktop freezes for between 15 and 30 seconds.
While this is happening the mouse pointer on screen changes from an arrow to a pointing finger then to an hourglass and finally back to an arrow and it unfreezes. Please advise a cure.
Malcolmy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/frequent-short-freezes-438178.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I recently put a GB WD SSD in my machine to compliment a smaller but faster Patriot Gb SSD during backup with new SSD Short freezes for HD intensive applications Unfortunately since I installed this drive Short freezes during backup with new SSD whenever Windows Backup runs once a week computer will Short freezes during backup with new SSD freeze for a few seconds - at most every or minutes and then keep working normally Nothing else causes these freezes I can copy large and small files to from the SSD without any problems Windows and apps loads very quickly and WD software confirms the drive is OK Is there a specific tweak that I need to do for the WD SSD I thought they used the most conservative controller for this drive that should make this Short freezes during backup with new SSD SSD appear as a regular HD to the OS I really hate interrupting the backup but the computer becomes completely unusable while it runs so I'd really like to solve this ASAP Any suggestions welcome Just in case model numbers help The SSD is Western Digital SiliconEdge Blue SSC-D SC- Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-X A-UD R Thanks

A:Short freezes during backup with new SSD

First two thoughts that come to mind are
1 - power management or antivirus stepping on the file transfers.
2 - Motherboard bios needs updating.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/189968-short-freezes-during-backup-new-ssd.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi Bleeping Computer I hope you can help me with an issue with my ASUS K N laptop Ever since I deleted the faulty drivers for my Atheros AR wireless adapter and replaced them with akamai drivers from the ASUS website my laptop has been acting weird Whenever I play video's in youtube in external players and in other webplayers my laptop freezes randomly for half a second making a short buzz sound in the process I can't move the mouse or type anything when it happens The interval between freezes is purely random sometimes it's minutes and sometimes its seconds The CPU is constantly in external players and in webbrowsers it stays around - This laptop is around years old and hasn't done short freezes Random anything like this in the past From experience I thought this could've been caused by malware spyware or virusses So I ran Malwarebytes and it found two pup optional somoto malware infections Once those had been quarantined I used the AdwCleaner from this website and it cleaned the rest of it With CCleaner I cleaned my history cache and cookies Defraggler to defrag the C drive and I ran Avast to scan for any virusses with latest database it said the laptop was clean On top of Random short freezes that did ran the Junkware removal tool as well but came up clean So pretty confident that would do the trick I ran a video test and after minutes the first buzz occured It hadn't helped at all I did an system integrity scan in cmd sfc scannow but that showed no errors So pretty desperate now and I hope you guys can help me It's more of a nuisance right now but I'm afraid one of these freezes might just damage more and blow the whole laptop to bits I added the dxdiag file in the attachments I really hope you guys can help me out with this Regards Halare

A:Random short freezes

Ever since I deleted the faulty drivers for my Atheros AR9285 wireless adapter and replaced them with akamai drivers from the ASUS website
Hi there Halare
Im still pretty new hear and learning the ropes, but im a great fan of Occam's razor, which states the simplest explanation is usually correct.

Have you tried uninstalling the 'new' driver and replacing it with a different one, just to see if it has any affect whatsoever, positive or negative?

does windows update have a driver available as is often the case with network drivers =)

is this driver of any use to you also? please note I have not checked that site for safety, as I have mentioned im new and still learning whats correct and allowed e.t.c

http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=37&system=5

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508488/random-short-freezes/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a question about HDD. I bought a new 1 TB Baracuda drive a week ago. SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200 1TB SATA 64MB ST1000DM003 this one.I wanted you to take a look at what hdd regenarator shows,cause theres a problem,that on handling big amount of info like games,it freezes for 5-10 seconds and goes on and it happens every 20 min or so.the shop says that everything is ok,but a tech specialist said,that the number of seek and read error rate is too high for a new drive all cables and everything is tight and set up.in the picture its the middle one,on the left is a 5 year old Hitachi and it runs perfect question is,what you think,cause i think to RMA it as i were packaged only in plain ESD bag,i think there could be some physical damage present.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/128780-hdd-problem-short-freezes.html
Relevancy 54.18%

It started yesterday in an online game after a couple of games I suddenly got some short freezes half a sec never longer in which the sound goes like a machine gun if you understand me This was the first instance and since then it ocassionally happens in that game Nothing weird with that just lag That s what I thought But today I started an offline-only game that has Sudden freezes short always worked perfectly in fact it s an old game so very low system specs and I got the same issue So it seems I have a freeze issue suddenly only appearing in games haven t experienced freezes anywhere else Note that it isn t exactly a freeze Say I move my mouse and the freeze issue happens still moving my mouse but the arrow doesn t move after the freeze my mouse arrow teleports to the spot it would ve been in if the game hadn t frozen for that instant In an actual freeze it wouldn t record where I d move Sudden short freezes my mouse would it Specs Windows -bit Ultimate fully updated AMD Sudden short freezes Athlon X Dual Core Processor GHz GB RAM Videocard AMD Radeon HD fully updated --- While I was writing this I noticed the PC showed a problem I let it do its thing and it reports a video hardware error I DO NOT know if this is related to the problem but regardless I ve attached the files in a zip Windows showed me in case it s relevant

A:Sudden short freezes

Videocard: AMD Radeon HD 6670, fully updatedUninstall this driver from whithin Device Manager.Reboot the rig to reinstall the driver.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424336/sudden-short-freezes/
Relevancy 54.18%

Am using Veriton S680G,
OS Win 7 Pro 64Bit (I reinstalled OS and used my Original Key)
Ram 4GB DDR3
HDD 320GB
Nvidia Quadro
Bit Defender AV (Trial)

I tried upgrading Win 10 few days back, but unable to complete. I tried rollback my original version and got Blue screen error.

I reinstalled OS with my original Key and activated, But system hangs and freezes in between opening new windows. Also start up and shutdown takes a bit longer time.

Kindly advice me on this.

Regards,
Tenny.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-pc-freezes-short-while-when-restarted-1149689.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello ladies and gentlemen of TSG I ve been having a quite dodgy problem lately basically the computer freezes at random often shortly after the computer fully booted And the computer freezes EVERY time i start up a game like wow and whatnot So that sounds start freezes Solved: also i freezing a random, every time Computer at game. like a pretty common problem i guess Now the wierd part is that after installing motherboard drivers and graphics card drivers it would work pretty much perfect and i could play games and have multiple heavy programs running at once once i restarted the computer one time or a few times in one case it would simply refuse to launch these games and keep freezing at windows load or a bit later on I ve tried both vista bit and xp bit which im currently using The problem prevails on both OS So my not so qualified guess is that its a hardware problem As my old motherboard broke and it took RAM with it into the grave im currently running with only Solved: Computer freezing at random, also freezes every time i start a game. GB ram Sure the cpu might get too much stress and just freeze the computer but that still doesent explain why the computer ran near flawlessly until i rebooted the pc had the computer on for about days and it worked fine until reboot This is some of the things i tried - System rollback - Uninstall graphics drivers and install older versions just plain reinstall of new one - Reinstalling motherboard drivers dunno if i even did that right but it seemed to fix the problem until i rebooted the pc - Installed new OS from vista to xp - Reinstalled the games - Banged my head furiously against a wall didnt help Here are my specs OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel Pentium III Xeon-processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Q SE Rev X x MT K Could it be that my motherboard somehow doesent support my Solved: Computer freezing at random, also freezes every time i start a game. graphics card or could it simply be related to my GB ram Could it be that i got SP Could a repair with the xp disc possibly resolve it Answers highly appreciated keep in mind im a total newbie at computers so i probably need some explanations nbsp

A:Solved: Computer freezing at random, also freezes every time i start a game.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-freezing-at-random-also-freezes-every-time-i-start-a-game.955697/
Relevancy 53.75%

I've noticed over maybe the last few days..my computer would randomly freeze/slow down, yet cpu usage and memory in use is low.

It says all of it is cached right now..i don't know if that's normal for Windows 7 or what.
It's not freezing right now but it eventually will, yesterday i got the low memory warning and my computer completely froze up.

I really dunno what to do as my memory doesn't seem bad, neither does the hardware. I only got this computer a little over a month ago and it's been working great, infact it still does aside from these freezes over the last few days.

EDIT:
I'll post another screenshot of when it actually happens to see if there's a difference.
But i noticed my svchost file is at around 331mb of ram..i have 16gb so that shouldn't be the issue though. >.<

A:Windows 7 64bit, Memory usage rises/computer freezes over time.

Have you run any tests on the hard drive or on the RAM?

Have you run sfc /scannow from a command prompt?

Are you virus and malware free?

What anti-virus do you use?

Will this eventually happen if you just start the PC and walk away from it, with no applications opened?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/252210-windows-7-64bit-memory-usage-rises-computer-freezes-over-time.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Every time i turn on my computer within 10 seconds it restarts and repeats the process. A box prompts up with an error report saying:

System has recovered from a serious error. I view the technical information it says:

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERf7f2.dir00\Mini082010-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERf7f2.dir00\systdata.xml

I click do not send two boxes have popped up indicating a problem they are:

The procedure entry point JS_IsDebuggerFrame could not be located in the dynamic link library Js3250.dlll
and
The instruction at 0x7c80c621 referenced memory at 0x00df0009. The memory could not be read.

Can some one please help me out here, much thanks; i am running windows xp

A:Computer starts up then restarts (Safe mode freezes)Every time i turn on my computer within 10 seconds it restarts and repeats...

Have you tried the Lask Known Good Configuration option?

I think it might be a Mozillla issue (damaged), calling for the uninstall/reinstall routine.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/341420/computer-starts-up-then-restarts-safe-mode-freezesevery-time-i-turn-on-my-computer-within-10-seconds-it-restarts-and-repeats-the-process-when-it-st/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Last night I received two BSOD within minutes of each other The first time it occurred I had a few programs open some pdfs photoshop etc but I wasn't actively using within a short 2 BSOD amount time of the computer I noticed the mouse pointer started to lack and a minute or two later it BSOD'd I was busy at the time so I didn't catch the error code minutes later after a restart and opening some of the same programs the BSOD re-occurred I restarted the computer once more kept the programs opened to a minimum and everything seemed to be okay Both times after the restart there was a screen mentioning Acer Ethernet port I didn't note down the exact wording sorry requesting that I insert a boot disk and not allowing me to continue Not having it I forced a restart and everything booted normally afterwards I attempted a System Restore but it froze on a black screen with just my cursor visible I left it overnight and it was still on the same screen so I forced a restart I've completed the System report etc and attached it My OS specs are Windows Home Premium x It is the originally installed OEM software Service Pack is installed 2 BSOD within a short amount of time My computer specs Acer Aspire Z Pentium R Dual Core CPU GHz GB RAM Please let me know if I've missed anything out Thank you

A:2 BSOD within a short amount of time

Software Concerns:
Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Glary Utilities
Many of us on the forums actually do not recommend automated optimization tools for Windows 7. Windows 7 does a much better job of handling its own optimization than its predecessors did. We especially do not recommend registry cleaning as an "optimization" step because automated registry cleaning causes more harm to the registry than it actually repairs.

In the future, if you need help optimizing Windows 7, please post a thread in Performance & Maintenance - Windows 7 Forums or follow the tutorial enclosed in that forum to Optimize Windows 7.
Analysis:Crashes point to your Intel storage driver. Your Intel storage drivers are out of date.Go to Intel? Driver Update Utility,
run the utility,
click on the link for Chipset Family,
scroll down and select Standard Version.
There is a page that loads with information on other Intel drivers for your system including Intel storage drivers. You may have to let it load for 10-15 seconds before it displays your particular drivers link.
Go to that link, download the drivers, and install them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240206-2-bsod-within-short-amount-time.html
Relevancy 53.75%

So i turn my computer on and leave it for a few hours and the Ram fills up slowly over time (a few hours) it will get to around 4000MB and i cannot find the culprit, i have read many forums, tried a lot of different possible solutions but nothing seems to work.
Please help as it is killing my productivity and making it so i cant run the multiple programs i need open at the same time.

A:My Ram keeps filling up over a short amount of time, help please.

Looks like you have over 3 GB available when the pic was taken.

Shows us a screen shot of Task Manager performance tab

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/341365-my-ram-keeps-filling-up-over-short-amount-time-help-please.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys,
I really your professional help now. Recently, I have justed upgrade my OS from Windows XP SP2 to Windows Vista Ultimate and everything seemed to work very well. However, there is one serious problem with my network connection that I cannot figure out.
In fact, I can only access to the Internet for the first few mintues after turning on the laptop (maximum 30 minutes) and then I cannot connect to the Internet no more. The Network Connection is still turned on. I can ping every single websites and even to my own router, I can log in Yahoo! Messenger but I cannot surf the web.
Please help me figuring out the problem, or I will have to reinstall the Windows XP again.

Many thanks in advance.

A:Vista cannot surf web after a short time

On the page that displays an Internet Explorer error message, did you click the Diagnose Connection Problems link?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-cannot-surf-web-after-a-short-time.673097/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

my internet keeps slowing down or cutting out regularly. its not noticeable whilst browsing the internet or talking over msn etc, but when playing online games or talking with voip the connection stops for around 2-5 seconds and then works again, and it happens about once every 30 seconds. using teamspeak it tells me i have 12% packetloss, which i suppose gives an idea of the problem. connection signal is almost on full aswell.

Im using a wireless BT Homehub with a belkin wireless G receiver which was 20.

Ive only just bought the belkin receiver so i can take it back and get a different one if necessary.

also, hardwiring my internet to the router isnt really an option because of a large distance between me and the router.

i dont know if this is an internet problem or a problem with the network,

any ideas would be appreciated

thanks, ollie.

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,

I have share some idea for all over MS SQL server users now you don't worry about recovery of your SQL server database because free SQL server tool is here, which solve the corruption and deletion errors from MS SQL server. read more.... http://www.sqlrepair.org

The software support with all version of MS SQL server and MS windows operating system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-sql-database-in-short-time.1129001/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there I recently upgraded my computer to the following parts Intel i k Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z Gen Corsair Vengeance mhz DDR GB in BSODs time Multiple short x Asus GeForce DirectCU II Additionally Multiple BSODs in short time my old parts were reused Cooler Master M PSU Multiple BSODs in short time x various rpm hdds I installed a fresh install of Win x Ultimate got all drivers in Multiple BSODs in short time place latest from Asus com then went to restart the pc by request from Windows Update As it shut down I got an BSOD Started up the computer again tried to run a game BAM BSOD Went on and tried to figure out why I got them so I ended up doing a Prime test It lasted seconds before I got another BSOD Note that all were different BSODs as you can see in the screenshot following I have not touched anything that has to do with OC yet as I want to assure that all parts are working Here is a screen of voltages temps from AI Suite II CPU-Z aswell the BSOD dumps http i imgur com NxpLY png Please help me fix this

A:Multiple BSODs in short time

Ran Prime95 again, stopped before anything happened, got the following right off the bat:

Test 1, 6500 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M12451841 using Pentium4 type-2 FFT length 640K, Pass1=640, Pass2=1K

Worker 1, 3 and 4 stopped right away, all giving this error:
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/multiple-bsods-in-short-time-626739.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I ve been trying for like a week to get my Wake-On-Wan working which I did but not to the fullest It s only working for a short time after I shut my computer off When Does It Work A few minutes max around minutes after shutting it off WOL and WAN works I ve tried from different networks even my cell phone When It Doesn t Work When the computer has been shut off for an hour or more My Settings Forwarding Ports X remote desktop Done and working correctly It s also done in my firewall Wake-On-Lan Enabled in BIOS couldn t see any power save feature Network Card Settings In the option below I have tried checked and unchecked and it still doesn t work After a few hours the light where the Ethernet On short only Wake a (WAN) Wan works for time. cable is connected is on but when I send the magick packet it doesn t turn the PC on Computer Details OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Wake On Wan (WAN) only works for a short time. Pack bit Motherboard Dell Inc Y MRG Latest BIOS Wake On Wan (WAN) only works for a short time. Update IP is the same I ll appreciate any help my plan was to actually write a tutorial on my blog but I cannot seem to get it to work so any help is appreciated Thank You nbsp

A:Wake On Wan (WAN) only works for a short time.

With my lack of knowledge on this subject the only possible help I can offer is the following clarifying question.

Does WOL also fail after the computer is off for an hour? If it does work then the problem seems to be lodged in the router, not the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wake-on-wan-wan-only-works-for-a-short-time.1069216/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello.

I encountered several BSODs within days of each other. I don't play games or download anything on my PC. I just use it for surfing the net and general usage (mostly Office). I also technically faced a blue screen just 2 days ago. I clicked on a folder and suddenly my monitor flickered and I saw a flash of blue before it went black.

I am using Windows 7 32 bit.

I am not very tech savvy so I would appreciate all the help I can get.

Attached are the minidump files.

Thank you very much.

A:Several BSODs within short period of time

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff8800db97408, fffff8800db96c60, fffff880012ba9d7}

Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!NtfsTeardownStructures+77 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
As we can see a memory volume is corrupt somewhere, so lets see if we can track it down.

Can you try this please: Run Chkdsk /f /r to detect and resolve any file system structural corruption. You must restart the system before the disk scan begins on a system partition.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/345386-several-bsods-within-short-period-time.html
Relevancy 53.32%

nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PLEASE HELP nbsp This previously used Pavillion DM - TX Beats Edition Notebook i purchased has an annoying problem nbsp Notebook has Windows -Bit as it's functioning Operating with freezes Windows experience I 8 DM4 on short my System Previous user says he Upgraded from Win to Win Although i still see the Win sticker on the computer nbsp But the issue with the machine is that it freezes for I experience short freezes on my DM4 with Windows 8 about - seconds then I experience short freezes on my DM4 with Windows 8 continues working This doesnt stop It doesnt stop even after restarting the computer I have tried restarting severally i still get that same problem nbsp This happens on every thing i use the computer for Videos break while playing nbsp frequent hangs while typing nbsp frequent hangs while Gaming even when ordinarily moving the cursor around it freezes frequently non-stop I am experiencing this while typing this post nbsp Short ceasures like a pause that lasts for Secs then unfreezes works normally and freezes again It is frustrating and annoying nbsp I am a game lover i cannot play my games without having to think about this problem nbsp Please What do i do nbsp nbsp N B - The guy that sold it to me is saying he did not use the machine for a while before i came to buy and he thinks i should try OS Reset and Recovery I just want other opinions and comments before finally deciding I love the laptop so much i couldnt afford the new one i had to settle for less nbsp nbsp A step-by-step guide to solving this problem will be appreciated Thanks in anticipation nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-experience-short-freezes-on-my-DM4-with-Windows-8/td-p/5818049
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello i just bought a brand new hp pavilion dv4 with win 7... I love my new laptop but the only problem is that it freezes for some secs... i can move the mouse but the screen just freezes and it happens alot more often while playing games. i need some help, i am so desperate with this

A:Short random freezes on Win7

Also my FPS go down to 0 when it freezes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/short-random-freezes-on-win7-501177.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Forgive any typos in this my cordless keyboard s batteries are getting low I think My computer is months old and I ve been having freezing Random XP? freezes in short-term problems with it pretty much since shortly after buying it First of all here are the specs I can think of Hewlett Packard a n AMD Athlon XP mb RAM Nvidia GeForce FX graphics card Windows XP just installed SP tonight IE I ll also attach the Hijack This and dxdiag files for you in case you can find anything in them The problem The screen will occassionally freeze preventing me from clicking minimizing or interacting with any open windows or even moving my mouse cursor essentially the screen is frozen When I try to move the cursor it will be frozen but eventually will begin to move in short jagged delayed movements The freezes will last somewhere around - seconds by my Random short-term freezes in XP? best guestimate I don t have to reboot afterwards I just have to wait them out and then everything goes back to normal most of the time Occassionally I do have to do Crtl Alt Del to exit IE but I don t have to restart the computer It seems to happen randomly including when I m surfing the Web just looking at my desktop or whatever there doesn t seem to be any rhyme or reason and it doesn t happen at specific times or after a certain duration of use When the freezes happen the computer tower makes some whirring noise just like when I m starting up a program from CD or something I m also having a freezing problem when playing quot Joan Of Arc quot all mouse actions freeze up temporarily in the game again for maybe - seconds specifically steering camera panning and arrow shooting The recommended system requirements for the game are fairly low and I m not seeing any obvious problems The keyboard functions still Random short-term freezes in XP? seem to work during these freezes I ve tried turning off Norton Auto Protect during the game but it still happens I don t know if the two problems are connected but I figured that I d tell you everything I can think of Actions I ve taken I ve run Norton Antivirus AdAware and Spybot with nothing showing up We bought a new mouse just to be positive that it wasn t causing he problems in the game and because I wanted one LOL I ve downloaded all updates from Microsoft Nvidia and Hewlett Packard Circuit City told me to check my memory in the quot Processes quot window and it s showing around However the little graph shows the resources as maxed out when I m playing a game the green line is up at the very top of the graph so I don t know if that indicates a problem or not I don t have any experience with overheating so I don t know if that could be causing the problem or not I ll attach the Hijack This and dxdiag below for you I d appeciate any insight you can offer TIA Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Multimedia Card Reader shwicon k exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpc... Read more

Relevancy 52.89%

Recently, Windows XP has been pausing recently. Everything freezes up, and then everything will work fine 10 minutes later. I check through the task manager, and my CPU level never rises above normal during this. If anyone could help, it'd be great.

I'm running SP3, and am checking for viruses now.

A:Windows Xp pauses for short periods of time

I think your starting in the right place checking for malware. It could be a ton of other issues software wise. One thing I would certainly check is the hard drive to be sure it's in good working order. A chkdsk /r may solve the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-pauses-for-short-periods-of-time.825526/
Relevancy 52.89%

Is there a way to cut the "time" function from the "Short Date" format? When I set up a table export the 00:00:00 keeps showing up next to the dates. I can move the column demarcation lines (fixed width markers) to drop the zeros but get the "export errors" message.

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I'm not very technical so please speak plainly!!

To illustrate this point I realised I'd uploaded and incomplete zip file so here's another one!

My error messages following a re-start are:

C:windows\minidump\101913-26769-01.dmp and
C:users\alanaappdata\local\temp\wbr-873667-0.sysdata.xml

A:Frequent crashes a short time after start up

The data reports are incomplete.
Please rerun the data collection program and let it run for at least 15 minutes (or until the program itself tells you it's done)
Then zip it up and upload it. I'm looking for the MSINFO32.nfo and the systeminfo.txt reports in particular.

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

TVALZ_O.SYS Thu Nov 8 22:07:46 2007 (4733CF02)
TOSHIBA ACPI-Based Value Added Logical and General Purpose Device Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TVALZ_O.SYS

If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run these free hardware diagnostics (this is most likely a hardware problem): Hardware Diagnostics. Let us know the results and we can move on from there.

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Sat Oct 19 04:36:28.855 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\101913-26769-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Built by: 9200.16659.x86fre.win8_gdr.130708-1504
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:09.917
Probably caused by :AuthenticAMD
BugCheck 124, {0, 853ce8fc, 0, 0}
BugCheck Info: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: 853ce8fc, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 00000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x124_AuthenticAMD__UNKNOWN_PRV
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.
Any drivers in red should be updated or removed from your system. And should have been discussed in the body of my post.

Code:
**************************Sat Oct 19 04:36:28.855 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
TVALZ_O.SYS Thu Nov 8 22:07:46 2007 (4733CF02)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TVALZ_O.SYS

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/33102-frequent-crashes-short-time-after-start-up.html
Relevancy 52.89%

When I power on the computer I get 3 long beeps then 4 short beeps.  this happens for 5 times then the computer starts.  I have removed everything except the power supply and I have done a restore.Nothing has helped.  What are my next steps.  I purchased this as an open box this week so I can take it back but I would prefer to fix it. Thank you,Hank

A:3 long beeps 4 short, 5 time, then boots

@aumurph? Commentary You may want to take back the computer while you can do so. Open boxes can contain just about anything -- depending on the vendor, the contents may not have had any checks since the box was returned (or opened in the store without having been purchased).  Parts may have been switched out, the computer Operating System may not be "in new" condition, components may be missing or faulty. HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep CodeRead and see Section:Beep and LED code descriptions Sometimes an 'open box' discount can come back and bite you.  (Personal observation.) If the computer is for sale at HP.com, know that HP provides competitive prices, no "open boxes", and guarantees the purchase. When you see a Post that helps you,Inspires you, provides fresh insight,Or teaches you something new,Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/3-long-beeps-4-short-5-time-then-boots/td-p/5758159
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I bought the Portege Z30-A-1e1 in December but the performances of the battery seem to be reduced in just two months. Indeed, now in saving mode the battery life is around 4h compared to 6h of one month ago (toshiba says up to 10h, but 4h in saving mode seem to be less than the half). Furthermore, the battery drains very quickly when it gets to the value of 20%.

There is some problem?I have to change the battery in warranty?

Francesco

A:Re: Short battery running time on Portege Z30-A-1E1

I cannot say for sure if your battery malfunctions or not because fact is that battery working time depends always on notebook usage.
The Windows power option settings (CPU / GPU performance, display brightness level, HDD /SSD usage, etc?) as well as the applications running and using would affect the battery working time.

I guess the 10 hours working time is the max possible value which can be reached using the max power saving features.
This means that in most cases the battery working times would be lower.

However, you should also know that the battery should be calibrated from time to time to keep the battery in good conditions.
The battery should be charged and fully discharged several times in the row.

If you did not do that in the past, try it out.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?81357-Re-Short-battery-running-time-on-Portege-Z30-A-1E1
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello quick thing hopefully The computer in our technician s office was running slow weeks ago she installed a spybot and adaware type program i gave them to her a while ago so they were clean not much going on a few cookies and such then a week later she started to get a lot of freezing to black screen and some just freezing on the current screen it normally happens after a few minutes and there doesnt seem to be anything that triggers it I was able to recover and mail myself the log file windows short xp up for screen black time then from hijackthis but dont see anything suspicous do any of you have any suggestions for what may be wrong thanks so much for anyone who can help I appreciate it cheers log file below Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Intel ASF Agent ASFAgent exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Dell OpenManage Client Iap exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS system userinit exe C windows xp up for short time then black screen WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C windows xp up for short time then black screen Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C windows xp up for short time then black screen Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Documents and Settings Jill Desktop HijackThis exe C WINDOWS System imapi exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http education dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http education dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http education dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http education dellnet com O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickFinder Scheduler c Corel Office Shared QFinder QFSCHED EXE O - HKLM Run WildTangent CDA RUNDLL exe quot C Program Files WildTangent Apps CDA cdaEngine dll quot cdaEngineMain O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - Global Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Quicken Scheduled Updates lnk C Program Files Quicken bagent exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item am... Read more

A:windows xp up for short time then black screen

I have more problems, new post...
http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?p=3171538#post3171538
send help...fading fast.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-up-for-short-time-then-black-screen.420930/
Relevancy 52.89%

Please help me with my BSOD issues. Here is what you asked for. Thanks in advance!

? OS - Windows 7 home premium 64 bit

?What was original installed OS on system? - brand new build, finished 2 days ago

? OEM version or full retail version? -full retail version

? Age of system - 3 days old

? Age of OS installation - 3 days

? CPU - intel core i7 920

? Video Card - ATI radeon hd 5750 (visiontek)

? MotherBoard - asus p6x58d premium

? Power Supply - corsair 750tx

A:BSOD after playing WOW for a short period of time

Any ideas or do I need to post this elsewhere? The system seems fine until playing WoW anywhere between 15-60 mins of play time...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-after-playing-wow-for-a-short-period-of-time-472366.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My sound recorder during recording analog to computer places a time limit of one minute only. How do I set it for at least 5 minutes or more?