Windows Support Forum

Installation after downloading

Q: Installation after downloading

I am using XP home and not sure what to do when I have installed something. It tells you to exit all open windows - what does that cover.

I have Avast antivirus, Zonealarm, microsft antispyware, spybot S&D, Spyware blaster and Kodak running - do I have to exit all of these (surely I will leave myself unprotected). I have just been closing a few of them down but would really like to know the correct thing to do = do I also have to come off the internet?

Grateful

Liz

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Installation after downloading

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Installation after downloading

In general, "Close all open windows' refers to items that are actually open on the screen or things running in the menu bar. It does NOT refer to things you see in the systray (system notification area - generally lower right).

You should NEVER have to disable your antivirus or firewall to download or install an application. You *may* have to tell your AV and/or anti-malware apps to allow the installation, as they may be watching for and notifying you of this type of activity.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29851/installation-after-downloading/
Relevancy 49.02%

When I downloaded the Windows 8 iso from my Vista desktop, it defaulted to the 32 bit version, I guess because 32 bit is what is on the desktop. But I want a 64 bit iso. How do I specify that?

Thanks

A:Downloading Win 8 installation iso

Hello Vincenzo,

Unfortunately, you can't specify which one you wanted. Instead you'll need to redownload the Windows8-Setup.exe file on a 64-bit PC to be able to get a 64-bit ISO.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...edownload.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/13810-downloading-win-8-installation-iso.html
Relevancy 48.59%

hello,

i downloaded norton antivirus 2001 for w95 and installed it... it worked fine but would not update -- said it was corrupted, so i stupidly went to

settings/control panel/add-remove programs and removed norton 2001

i removed norton.
i tried to re-install norton
i realized some files were duplicated afterwards
i lost hard drive space
i tried to delete norton and symantec program files
i couldn't
i re-installed norton once more, stupidly

i've gone from 1.3 gb free space to 994 mb
norton a-v 27 mb

HELP
i'm not touching that program again until i get some info --

how do i reclaim that space?
how do i load it correctly?

norton explained my problem, after i messed with the norton a-v 2001 program...

thank you,

joyt

Relevancy 48.59%

anyway to MY problem when I download files from places like filefront I downloading/Installation ISSUES dl the file and everything goes okay there then when I go to install the file it always installs it but then goes back and says the program wasn t installed with the right settings and then it gives me options to reinstall or cancel I think it has something to do with the admin probems I tried to dl the bf demo on my computer all of that happened and then when I tried to save it to a specific location before the transfer it said I needed admin priviledges even though I am an admin Secondly even after I click the quot reinstall with recommended settings quot it still has issues in the end where I can t even run it like the bf demo I dled it installed it it told me to reinstall with recommended downloading/Installation ISSUES settings so I did and then in the end the button to launch the game says that it s missing and asked me to browse where the file was and I couldn t even find the game through the properties tab which was C Program Files EA Of course this didn t happen with EVERYTHING I tried to download thank god HELP nbsp

A:downloading/Installation ISSUES

Try turning off 'User Account control' in the User Accounts control panel.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading-installation-issues.590129/
Relevancy 47.3%

I downloaded the build 14965. When it download was finoshed then it says that error(in installation) but the downloaded file remains in my mobile in the Temporary File option. What can I do?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445635-build-installation-stuck-downloading-start.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I had the Windows 10 install files in $WINDOWS.~BT and $Windows.~WS totalling >5GB. A few days ago I decided to also download the Windows 10 ISO.

I've now found that the 5GB+ installation files have been deleted.

I'd like to have both options regarding the upgrade and so would like to re-download the installation files. How do I get them re-downloaded?

If I click the Get Windows 10 icon the only option is Upgrade Now, not what I want - unless that will initiate a download and then give me the option of not starting the actual upgrade.

Hope this makes sense.

A:Download installation files deleted after downloading ISO

I know you want to have both options, but it really is not necessary. You have the ISO file. That's more than enough.

As to the disappearance of $Windows.~BT and WS....................
Did you do any disk cleanup using the built-in Disk Cleanup or using Ccleaner ?
Did you recall you selected to delete the "Previous installation file " in order to delete windows.old ?
I know that happened to me when I used Ccleaner and selected that option under Advanced heading.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/28600-download-installation-files-deleted-after-downloading-iso.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I've tried downloading a few programs, but they all seem to end with the same result. Once I try to open up the program using the shortcut, it says the item has been moved or changed so the shortcut will no longer work properly. I try opening it manually without using a shortcut, but I can't find it anywhere. The folder where it should have the software is empty.

I'm starting to get impatient, I've tried solving this problem on my own for a day and a half, and I'm going nowhere. Is it a problem with my Windows Installer?
Also, this problem only occured to me about a day or two ago.

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello there!

I've been trying to install Bitdefender AV to my computer. Already uninstalled all the previous AV software for this new installation but for whatever reason, it keeps giving me an error;

"Some installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation."

I've tried downloading a couple of times but still getting the same error. Please advise. Thanks!

A:"Some installation files are corrupt." Error downloading Bitdefender.

What security software did you have before trying to instal BD and are you sure none of it is still running

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/352949-some-installation-files-corrupt-error-downloading-bitdefender.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I'll try to download a file or a flash plugin and they download a little bit and then freeze. I dunno what to do >.<

Relevancy 37.84%

I am having problems with downloading like zip and installation files When ever I download a installation file like say Quicktime it would be corrupted about - of the time I download it Zip downloading/moving problems and Downloading image files usually have atleast one file that has a quot CRC check failed quot and sometimes if I try to extract that file once again it doesn t give me that message I tried to reinstall WinZip again but it still gives me the problem so don t think it is the programs fault Image problems happen when I try to move Downloading and image downloading/moving problems a picture file to another folder or when I try to save an image less likely to happen but still once in a while Downloading and image downloading/moving problems It seems like the higher the resolution or size of the image the more likely it would happen Also though I am not sure but if it try to move a large number of picture files at once it happens more often though maybe it is just because I am moving more Downloading and image downloading/moving problems picture files Here is an example of what happens when I try to move download a picture file Note it is just a random picture that I downloaded to use as an example The white part on the top of the image is normal it was part of the original image The orginal http img imageshack us img cars yv jpg Some of the images that got quot screwed up quot I move copies of the image at once http img imageshack us img car np jpg http img imageshack us img car cz jpg http img imageshack us img car kj jpg The comp is a Win k but not sure what service pack I am sure it is not service pack though I have an update rollup for service pack So if anyone can offer me some help it would be greatly appreciated since I really don t know what to do nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading-and-image-downloading-moving-problems.429163/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi all,

I've just had a computer with a HDD error and have run a repair installation of Windows XP on it. This was successful however when trying to open Office programs and also Access the programs and core files seem to be damaged. I tried doing repair installations on these but errors came up, so I uninstalled Office 2007, cleaned the registry with CCleaner and then tried to install again off the CD. This threw up errors again. The error code is Error 2908. Please provide me with some advice urgently.

TIA

SE

A:Solved: Installation of Office 2007 throws up errors after repair installation of Win

Uninstalled once again with the Office 2007 clean-up tool and then uninstalled all the "Visual C++ Redistributable" entries in Add/Remove Programs. Installed Office 2007 again and the issue was solved

SE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installation-of-office-2007-throws-up-errors-after-repair-installation-of-win.964242/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello I m not sure if this is the correct forum for this topic but I think it is I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop running Windows Recently I made the decision to restore my system to quot out-of-the-factory quot settings using the Toshiba installation loop. cannot restarted unexpectedly....windows installation proceed" "Computer program that came with "Computer restarted unexpectedly....windows installation cannot proceed" installation loop. the computer to do this This went well when this was done the computer restarted and after the normal start-up screen it began installing windows About halfway through this process my brother decided it would be funny to turn off the computer in the middle of the installation when I turned the computer back on it went to the windows installation again but very soon an error message came up saying quot the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error windows installation cannot proceed To install Windows click quot OK quot to restart the computer and then restart the installation quot However after pressing OK the computer restarts but the same error message comes up leaving me in a loop So is there anything I can do to fix this Or does my brother owe me a new computer Btw I don t care about losing data I have everythign backed-up on an external hard drive

A:"Computer restarted unexpectedly....windows installation cannot proceed" installation loop.

I think you need to reformat C: (delete the partition) and (redo partition) using ntfs drive and restart the installation. Do you have a OS Windows Disk?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/327275/computer-restarted-unexpectedlywindows-installation-cannot-proceed-installation-loop/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello,
I was trying to install windows XP home edition in my custom build desktop. Every time I tried to format my hard drive and install windows its coming back with not copying so many files from windows setup. Sometimes its copying the files when I pressed enter but sometimes I had to press esc to skip the file. I tried reformatting and every time it ended up in not copying some different files. These are the steps I have done so far
1) I replaced my optical drive with a brand new cd drive to make sure its reading the disc properly
2) I checked hard disk in BIOS hard drive test and its came back with no errors in it
3) I tried with 3 different windows installation disc to eliminate errors due to scratches on cd surface.

Could anybody please tell me what else I can do to complete my installation properly. Thanks in advance

A:unable to copy installation files during windows xp home edition installation. help ?

try 1 stick of ram until windows is installed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-copy-installation-files-during-windows-xp-home-edition-installation-help-386025.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi Guys I have a problem installing Windows Vista The installation process works fine until after the st reboot that goes to quot completing installation freezes installation&amp;amp;q Vista Solved: at &amp;amp;quot;completing Windows installation quot It completely freezes at that point and after hour or so goes to a black screen where Solved: Windows Vista installation freezes at &amp;amp;quot;completing installation&amp;amp;q i can see nothing but my mouse pointer I just got my laptop days ago and it s brand new Vista compatible In fact it came with Vista installed and it was working perfectly fine until I decided to reformat it so that I could check if my new hd i tried installing was the main reason for this installation failure I saw a post with similar problems explaining that the BIOS was in need to be updated but my BIOS is up to date and vista compatible My laptop specs are as follows Inspiron Intel Core Duo T GHz Mhz M L Cache GB DDR MHz MB NVIDIA GeForce Go inch Wide Screen UXGA TLLCD Integrated Network Cardand Modem X DVD -RW Dual Layer Drive Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy Intel AGN Wireless-N Mini Card Can someone please help me out Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Windows Vista installation freezes at &amp;amp;quot;completing installation&amp;amp;q

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-vista-installation-freezes-at-amp-amp-quot-completing-installation-amp-amp-q.595323/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello I'm having an issue installing a clean install of Windows Vista Home Basic onto my friend's Acer laptop To start off my friend has had a rouge anti virus that more or less destroyed his windows After doing a system restore for the earliest date available the virus was gone but Windows kept asking me on how to open simple things such as Internet Explorer and various other programs which made the OS unusable My friend gave me permission to format hangs clean during install completing Vista on installation installation the drive and I reinstalled Vista with a DVD of my I had for from one of my PCs but I used his CD key that was on the laptop The installation went fine so I went on my desktop PC and downloaded all of the drivers for his laptop Aspire and then installed a sound card driver and a BIOs update After the BIOs update the laptop wouldn't start up again I tried doing a system restore but it had no restore points so since I just started I figured doing a quick format wouldn't hurt This is where things got bad I've tried reinstalling Vista again but it keeps hanging on the quot Completing installation quot part I've tried three times so far and it Vista installation hangs on completing installation during clean install always hangs at the exact same part and now I have no clue on what to do Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated thank you

A:Vista installation hangs on completing installation during clean install

Hi ssjChris. Welcome to TSF!

I would suggest you download a copy of Darik's Boot and Nuke (affectionately known as DBAN) HERE and create a bootable CD with it. Then boot with that CD and do a low-level format. That will insure that you don't have all kinds of wonderful dangling stuff on the hard drive. A Windows format doesn't do a low-level format to the extent that DBAN does. Pay VERY close attention to the menus as you use this software as it is very powerful. If you have any external hard drives connected, I suggest you disconnect them.

Once it completes, try your installation again.

Good day!

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-installation-hangs-on-completing-installation-during-clean-install-572740.html
Relevancy 32.25%

After clicking "install" in the UPS WorldShip installer, this helpful error message appears:
Code:

Installation failure during Step 1 of 24: ComponentInstallationManager:Run
Component Installation of MSI Compatibility Checker failed in Run function of ComponentInstallationManager.cs. MSICompatibilityinstaller.execute() - Failure

MSICompatibilityInstaller.installationSteps() - Failure , return code of 1645

Please contact Technical Support if you need additional assistance.

I do IT for a living and I'm at a loss for what this message could mean. Any ideas?

A:Solved: UPS WorldShip Installation: Component Installation of MSI Compatibility Check

Never Mind.... apparently what all that gibberish means is: "You can't install this software from a remote desktop connection". Why the error message doesn't just say that is beyond me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ups-worldship-installation-component-installation-of-msi-compatibility-check.839819/
Relevancy 32.25%

hi This is a bit of a convoluted story but here goes I have an old PC the oldest of several which in which I want to upgrade PATA HDs ? installation Possible Utility Installation Intel® Software problem Chipset after for large GB SATA- drives PC spec Asus P PE P Northwood FSB GHz GB pc ram soundcards I'm a musician Win XP SP etc The first thing I did was enable RAID SATA in BIOS amp then install the Promise Possible problem after Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility installation ? Fasttrack RAID SATA driver on all OS partitions in all spread across the drives Now of course a get a quick POST message saying that quot no Possible problem after Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility installation ? RAID SATA device detected quot because I haven't installed them yet However this message then disappears and my boot manager utility loads as usual BootIt NG Then it occured to me that I hadn't installed either the Intel Application Accelerator or Chipset Software Installation utilities as listed on the available downloads for P PE at Asus site So I installed the IAA first on one partition - but when I tried to reboot into this the quot no RAID SATA quot message came up before and after the BootItNG screen and the system rebooted again I got it to boot into the partition again amp promptly uninstalled the IAA because I thought it was causing me the problem Then I installed the Chipset Installation utility This time after rebooting into the quot music quot partition many of the music software applications were not sending MIDI to one of the soundcards correctly and the selected audio drivers had changed from the ASIO M-audio drivers to onboard Soundmax In fact the M- audio O USB midi keyboard driver appeared to no longer be functional so I had to reinstall this After going through all the software apps and changing the audio Midi settings back to what they were things seems OK again now I'm obviously concerned that some fundamental changes have been made to the OS now amp it is no longer as solid stable as it used to be I don't really want to reinstall as it would take me AGES to install all the software again Fortunately I have an image of the partition but this was taken a while ago - but would still be better than a complete reinstall Does this sound like it was caused by the Intel application s Do you think I have done lasting damage to the stability of the OS thanks swayzak

A:Possible problem after Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility installation ?

both the chipset and the IAA are supposed to be installed FIRST THING after the install of the OS...I suspect that the later day install is what caused all the drivers to go *poof*...if your system is operating OK at this point just go with it, but if/when you do a wipe and clean install remember to install these items the first time you boot into your clean install, reboot, then carry on with installing other items...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/possible-problem-after-intel-chipset-software-installation-utility-installation-168118.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Okay so let me during any find not Vista does computer boot won't drives installation, installation first tell you that I am in a state of panic I have very important data on my HDD and am unable to boot any OS on it now I initially had Vista and on it working until I decided to uninstall for XP I deleted the partition was on C my primary partition and installed XP onto it That went smoothly and all but after booting it up I noticed it wouldn t let me specify which OS I wanted to start it would just auto start XP I went into the bootup settings in XP and changed the time operating systems are displayed from one second to ten yet it still just auto-booted XP I was able to access the data on the other partition in the Vista installation does not find any drives during installation, computer won't boot XP explorer but seemingly wasn t able to boot from it So I quot backed up quot all my data onto a third partition I had created as a failsafe in case something went wrong and I couldn t boot either of my OSes It then came to my attention that I had installed Windows XP Professional instead of home Vista installation does not find any drives during installation, computer won't boot edition so I made a bootable CD with the XP iso and restarted the computer for reinstallation According to the program the setup files copied over fine and all but when it auto-restarted to continue the installation process it would just loop on and off at the BIOS screen After trying different versions of XP to no avail I stuck Vista installation does not find any drives during installation, computer won't boot my Vista Home Premium disk in and booted from it Again I got to the setup screen and all that jazz but when prompted to select the location I wanted to install Windows in I got the message quot No drives were found Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation quot I have no idea why it is not recognizing my HDD Is my data deleted and if so is it recoverable I am terrified at the thought of losing years of pictures down the drain over this If anyone knows anything please help If it helps my PC is a Dell OptiPlex GX running BIOS revision A Anymore information can be provided at request Also I don t really have access to a floppy drive My computer has one but I disconnected it a bit back to do some cleaning and couldn t get the cable back into the drive Thanks for reading

A:Vista installation does not find any drives during installation, computer won't boot

hello,

do you have a way to download and burn a linux live cd, that would get all your pictures back then concentrate on the other..

http://www.livecdlist.com/

someone else may have other ideas..

good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364581/vista-installation-does-not-find-any-drives-during-installation-computer-wont-boot/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello Folks My C drive recently started giving me HD - W error when I ran quot PC Doctor for Windows quot diagnostic multiple times in the past few weeks I created backup images of both the - New HDD Clean & Installation Installation XP question Drivers Multi-prong and partitions on this GB HD Active partition named quot HP Pavilion quot and Primary partition named quot HP Recovery quot onto an external Multi-prong question - New HDD Installation & Clean XP Installation and Drivers USB drive using Macrium Free edition I later took PC to a PC repair shop and installed a new GB WD hard drive However he DID NOT create partitions as the old drive BUT he made this new drive bootable and downloaded all the necessary drivers My questions are Is there a tool or an utility I can use to download all the drivers CURRENTLY installed on the old hard drive onto a CD DVD for later Clean Install of XP How can I make this new hard drive look exactly like the old drive - I mean it must have partitions using Macrium backups images I already created I hope I explained this situation to best of my knowldge and created least amount of confusion Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

A:Multi-prong question - New HDD Installation & Clean XP Installation and Drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multi-prong-question-new-hdd-installation-clean-xp-installation-and-drivers.836401/
Relevancy 32.25%

I am trying to install Windows disc Windows installation compatibility report- installation remove 7 on my laptop When I click on quot upgrade quot it takes me to a compatibility Windows 7 installation compatibility report- remove installation disc report that says quot the computer started using the windows installation disc Remove the installation disc and restart your computer so that windows starts normally quot When I remove the disc and try to restart the computer it takes me to a black screen with a bunch of computer gibberish on it and says quot reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key quot In other words I am getting a message from windows telling me to reboot my computer without the windows disc but the computer WILL NOT reboot without the disc When I click on quot custom advanced quot instead of quot upgrade quot it takes me to a page that says quot where do you want to install windows quot with a blank box and a message at the bottom that says quot no drives were found Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation quot I have tried everything in my capacity as someone who sucks with computers and need help from someone who doesn't Thanks for the help

A:Windows 7 installation compatibility report- remove installation disc

What is the BIOS set to boot 1st from? (Hard drive, CD/rom, USB)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/311427-windows-7-installation-compatibility-report-remove-installation-disc.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello I m having an issue installing a clean install of Windows Vista Home during completing install installation Vista installation hangs on clean Basic onto my friend s Acer laptop To start off my friend has had a rouge anti virus that more or less destroyed his windows After doing a system restore for the earliest date available the virus was gone but Windows kept asking me on how to open simple things such as Internet Explorer and various other programs which made the OS unusable My friend gave me permission to format the drive and I reinstalled Vista with a DVD Vista installation hangs on completing installation during clean install of my Vista installation hangs on completing installation during clean install I had for from one of my PCs but I used his CD key that was on the laptop The installation went fine so I went on my desktop PC and downloaded all of the drivers for his laptop Aspire and then installed a sound card driver and a BIOs update After the BIOs update the laptop wouldn t start up again I tried doing a system restore but it had no restore points so since I just started I figured doing a quick format wouldn t hurt This is where things got bad I ve tried reinstalling Vista again but it keeps hanging on the quot Completing installation quot part I ve tried three times so far and it always hangs at the exact same part and now I have no clue on what to do Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated thank you nbsp

A:Vista installation hangs on completing installation during clean install

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-installation-hangs-on-completing-installation-during-clean-install.996077/
Relevancy 31.82%

Comp Spec CPU E GPU-ATI MB - Gigabyte P-DS P rev I think although manual says Ram - GeIL GB x GB DDR PC - C MHz What should have been a straight forward installation of a new SSD that I have done before has turned into a nightmare First of all I attached the hardrive and installed windows without a hitch Then for some reason the installation got corrupted I think in my haste I restarted the comp while it was installing a million updates No problem I thought I ll format the hdd and install it again This is where things started to go wrong First of all I got the bootmgr missing error when trying to install from the disk so I created a bootable usb pen and everything seemed to be going fine however when the system reboots it hangs on completing Installation and after mins or so I get the BSoD restarts too quick of me to read and the comp restarts I ve spent hours days trawling the forums and trying various fixes but none seem to work for me What I Windows my hangs Installation? at "Completing 7 I?m - installation at ve tried - AHCI is enabled - Swapped an usb keyboard for an old one whatever they re called - Disconnected everything when window reinstall during installation that I can keyboard mouse - Disconected everything I Can from the MB wireless adapter sticks of ram Left with stick of GB optical drive - Swapped gfx cards - Booted in safe mode as far as I could and tried to disable the VGA display adapters - Run RAM tests passed also running at the recommended voltage of - Used Intels toolbox Windows 7 installation hangs at "Completing Installation? - I?m at my to run a drive diagnostic scan all fine - Windows 7 installation hangs at "Completing Installation? - I?m at my Run dban to fully clear the hdd - Tried installing drivers during W installation - Typing start explorer exe in the cmd box - Every SATA port I really Windows 7 installation hangs at "Completing Installation? - I?m at my don t know what else to try An hour before Windows installed flawlessly on the same drive Also if I reset bios defaults and plug the old hdd back in the computer boots and runs fine Any suggestions

A:Windows 7 installation hangs at "Completing Installation” - I’m at my

Unplug all other HD's and peripherals,

Boot into BIOS setup, reset to defaults, save changes. Next if an EFI BIOS, enable Legacy BIOS, set DVD drive first to boot, HD second. Then set SATA controller to AHCI. Save changes and Exit.

Then boot into installer DVD or flash stick burned or written using tool and latest ISO for your licensed OS version here.

At first installer screen Press Shift + F10 to open a Command Box, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target HD #)
CLEAN
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (for 100gb partition, adjust as desired)
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT

Next click Install Now, then Custom install to Clean Install Windows 7 to the partition you created. If it fails then report back at which step and the verbatim error message.

In addition read over these steps to understand the tools and methods which work best to get and maintain a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps are the same for retail.

After install you can adjust partition size or Create new partitions for data, etc. in Disk Mgmt. We are creating the partition here to mark it Active which overcomes certain install failures.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/272277-windows-7-installation-hangs-completing-installation-i-m-my.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Issue errors returned by sfc and dism on a clean install Errors are not self-repairable requiring manual intervention Errors are still present immediately after a clean install i e reset 10 XPS13: installation Dell partition Win installation corrupt + Pro Possible to factory image indicating likely presence in the factory image files partition nbsp Intro Hi nbsp I think I have discovered my XPS Win Pro factory install and install partition may Dell XPS13: Possible corrupt Win 10 Pro installation + installation partition contain corrupted windows files This may affect others too You may wish to run the commands below and see if you obtain similar results If so perhaps Dell XPS13: Possible corrupt Win 10 Pro installation + installation partition you should contact Dell I did and service said they were going to send me a USB stick with a factory refresh to redo the SSD but hrs later phoned me back to say all the USBs had been recalled and it would be a few weeks- make of that what you will about the USB fix sticks hellip The system I have is an April rsquo delivered XPS with Win Pro GB Gb SSD HD x non-touchscreen --- A partial resolution will Dell XPS13: Possible corrupt Win 10 Pro installation + installation partition appear in my next post --- Description Here rsquo s a synopsis of what I did to discover the issue My next post includes a partial resolution After receiving my XPS and setting it up I uninstalled Mcafee and installed Comodo Personal Firewall and Avira Personal Antivirus plus Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox and Citrix Receiver I connected to my workplace internet then to home and a relative rsquo s internet After a few days of gentle internet use I finally obtained a USB key to create the restore backup to Unfortunately when I tried to initiate this it hung whilst setting up Looked up online nothing specific Not knowing much about Win last O S at home is XP I looked up how to do system checks finding SFC- which I was rather unfamiliar with except by name- and DISM which I was totally unfamiliar with even by name nbsp I ran both and was concerned to find either errors or hangs I looked up and found the log files and searched for errors In fact the PC started showing signs of problems such as delays slightly strange responses and particularly Cortana search starting actually lsquo losing rsquo results- just before I rebooted it returned lsquo nothing found rsquo to a search for the word lsquo reset rsquo or perhaps lsquo restore rsquo - luckily I was at work so looked things up on my work PC nbsp The commands I ran to try to repair garnered from online were Sfc scannow DISM online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth nbsp At this point and with nothing of major substance on the laptop I decided to do a factory reinstall Looked up the instructions- reboot press F repeatedly and select troubleshoot - gt factory Image restore If I remember rightly At any rate it warns you about wiping all and reformatting the drive which I proceeded with Once done I completed the Windows setup again and before I did anything else opened an Admin command window and ran sfc and then dism again I may have had to connect to the internet first for registration I can rsquo t remember- but did no more than Win required to get started Both sfc and dism returned the same errors as before I have listed examples below Windows version reported is v The problem file is opencl dll The problem is opencl dll is corrupted and can rsquo t be restored from the store as that file is corrupted It seems to be unable to restore from online either Below are example errors from the two commands and their respective log files searching for ldquo opencl dll rdquo should find relevant lines Sfc scannow - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Ends unable to repair error or can crash - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Log file located at windir Logs CBS --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------... Read more

A:Dell XPS13: Possible corrupt Win 10 Pro installation + installation partition

RESOLUTION OF THE WIN 10 INSTALL OPENCL.DLL CORRUPTION ISSUE
Synopsis
The resolution is simple, if a slightly involved to carry out: You need to optain a copy of a valid opencl.dll in a valid Windows image and point sfc or dism to this image without recourse to elsewhere. This requires a ~6-7Gb download of the relevant windows image for your computer (you’ll need the windows version, e.g. 10.0.10586 and I hope you don’t require two e.g. for 64/32-bit!) then direction of the programs to use that file.

Basic Instructions
The instructions basically are as follows:
1)     Download the relevant windows file for your PC from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench

You should use the Windows 10 selection (K and KN refer to Euro and Korean versions due to legal issues)

2)     Save the ISO disk image to an easily accessible position, e.g. c:\temp\win10iso\
3)     Mount the ISO (right click-it in Explorer and select Mount, it should choose the next accessible drive letter, e.g. D: in my case)
4)     Open an Admin command prompt
5)     Run the command:
“DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:wim:<path-to-install.wim file>:1 /limitaccess”
Where <path-to-install.wim file>:1 is something like: /Source:wim:d:\sources\install.wim:1
So in my case the command was
“Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:d:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess”
6)     Run sfc /scannow again
7)     Restart the PC
8)     When the pc has restarted,

again open an Admin command prompt
run sfc /scannow and
dism /online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

No errors should be returned by SFC and DISM. If you search the log files for opencl.dll the prior (fix) ones should show corruptions detected and fixes applied, the log files after the reboot should show no returns to find for öpencl.dll” as there is no longer a problem.
Instruction Links
Instructions to do this (or variants thereof, couldn’t find my exact reference from before) may be found at (my brief ones are below)
http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/23654-error-dism-restorehealth-2.html
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/85680348-c2c4-40bc-9f39-9dcfeea331c0/windows-10-opencldll-error?forum=win10itprogeneral and scan down for “I solved it like this, Sir.”
http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/29947-sfc-some-corrupt-files-can-not-fixed.html

File locations
Windows ISO can be obtained from
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench

Hope this helps!

Patrick.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19682828
Relevancy 31.82%

I have been trying to install windows Vista bit edition on my computer for the past couple of days now and I can seem to get to work right It works normally right up until it reaches the completing installation phase the it freezes I test my memory and hard drive and they are both fine I have even tried different components just Installation freezing Completing Phase at Installation bit Vista 64 in case but nothing has helped I upgraded the motherboad bios and tried a IDE and a SATA drive as well Here are my computer's specifictions DFI Infinity X G mtoherboard X Intel chipset Q Quad Core Intel Processor GB of Dual Channel OCZ Gold PC DDR Memory GB Maxtor Hard Drive Plextor DVD Burner W Ultra Power Supply GTS EVGA Video card I kind of wondering about the motherboard if it has compatiblity issues with Vista but every where I look it says Vista 64 bit Installation freezing at Completing Installation Phase its go to go as long as you upgrade the BIOS which I've done Any ideas on how to fix this issue or should I consider getting a different board I need a PCI Express X slot on the new one Thanks for the help

A:Vista 64 bit Installation freezing at Completing Installation Phase

A stupid Question is your CPU and Motherboard Compatible with x64. Mainly is your CPU capable of using 64-bit code

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-64-bit-installation-freezing-at-completing-installation-phase-185871.html
Relevancy 31.82%

IE will not install in Windows bit SP I go past the prompt that says quot restarting programs quot package IE Installation Fails - 10 installation failed Neutral nbsp Then the installation fails nbsp The updates are all up to the minute Please help me install IE Here is the log nbsp Same error in three tries nbsp It gives the IE Failed to install message Started Y M D local Time Format in this log MM ss mmm IE 10 Installation Fails - Neutral package installation failed minutes seconds milliseconds Command line quot C Users Pats Workstation Downloads IE -Windows -x -en-us exe quot INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Setup installer IE 10 Installation Fails - Neutral package installation failed for Internet Explorer INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp IE 10 Installation Fails - Neutral package installation failed Previous version of Internet Explorer INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Checking if iexplore exe's current version is between INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp and INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Maximum version on which to run IEAK branding is INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp iexplore exe version check success Install can proceed INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Operating System Windows Workstation Service Pack INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Trying to extract ID SetupDownloadList txt as quot SetupDownloadList txt quot INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Trying to extract ID HardwareBlockingList xml as quot HardwareBlockingList xml quot INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Trying to extract ID as quot IE -neutral Extracted cab quot INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Trying to extract ID as quot Spelling en msu quot INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Extracted Spelling dictionary for en to C Windows TEMP IE A tmp Spelling en msu INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Trying to extract ID as quot Hyphenation en msu quot INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Extracted Hyphenation dictionary for en to C Windows TEMP IE A tmp Hyphenation en msu INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Trying to extract ID as quot IE -support cab quot INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp PauseOrResumeAUThread Successfully paused Automatic Updates INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp The no reboot policy and supplemental files failed to download correctly Default installation files will be used Wait return value was x The wait operation timed out INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Launched program to check hardware quot C Windows TEMP IE A tmp IE -SUPPORT IEXPLORE EXE quot CheckHardware quot C Windows TEMP IE A tmp HardwareBlockingList xml quot INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Graphics Device Information NVIDIA Quadro INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Hardware support check succeeded Installation will continue INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Windows operating system detected INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Service pack major INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Service pack minor INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Service pack name nbsp Service Pack INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Version Check for KB of C Windows System api-ms-win-downlevel-user -l - - dll gt True INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Version Check for KB of C Windows System Ntoskrnl exe gt True INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Version Check for KB of C Windows System api-ms-win-security-base-l - - dll gt True INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Version Check for KB of C Windows System kernel dll gt True INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Checking for correct version of C Windows Fonts segoeui ttf INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Version Check for KB of C Windows System taskhost exe gt True INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Waiting for prerequisite downloads INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp The neutral pack was not successfully downloaded from the internet Installation will continue using the extracted package INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp No reboot logic message NrApiStart lParam x b returned x INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp No reboot logic message NrApiScan lParam x returned x INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp No reboot logic message NrApiStartInstall lParam x returned x INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Installing with the extracted package C Windows TEMP IE A tmp IE -neutral Extracted cab INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Launched package installation C Windows SysNative dism exe online add-package packagepath C Windows TEMP IE A tmp IE -neutral Extracted cab quiet norestart INFO nbsp nbsp nbsp Process exit code x B The referenced assembly is not installed on your system ERROR nbsp nbsp Neutral packa... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1ac87ad1-b775-4bcd-88dc-bc986087eff1/ie-10-installation-fails-neutral-package-installation-failed?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 31.82%

Win bit While I am attempting to install a driver on cd rom the disc suddenly crashed inside the rom and it also crashed the cd rom then the OS remains the same so I tried shutting down the PC but while shutting Down BSOD suddenly flashed on my screen I disregarded it since I think it's because of the CD ROM but when I removed the CD ROM from the MoBo while booting it says oh i forgot but it says something about BOOT Image corrupted i guess i tried everything but I ended up re installing the OS but i have to save very important files since it was saved on Desktop i forgot to back it up so what i did is I re installed by NOT formatting the drive it went well BUT my PC became Extremeeeeely slow it's like im working on pentium because i was just trying to delete a single mb file and its duration is morethan hour Yes It's too much for AMD Phenom quad core ghz and gb ram so i just copied the important files and tried formating again i installation Help, Big 11th problem, time installation fail deleted the primary hard drive which the OS will be installed and til now on days reinstalling its my th time on formatting I can't get through on desktop without getting any error e g Winmail exe ie iunit exe rundll etc which it says it cannot be initialized or something so i tried downloading the exe and dll files and i had to change a lot of permission settings to do that anyway i think my problem there has been fixed because i Help, Big installation problem, 11th time installation fail tried restarting it and I didn't get the errors and it's speed is normal BUT when I tried to run apps or installers it says APPLICATION ERROR UNABLE TO START CORRECTLY as in every apps i tried to run the error's just the same BTW i am using bootable flash disk since my CD ROM was broke I can't see any answers on web so Help, Big installation problem, 11th time installation fail please help me what possibly could be the problem and what causes it to be like this i am looking forward for your answers TIA

A:Help, Big installation problem, 11th time installation fail

Clean Install Windows 7

That seems like the best way to get a fresh start as we don't know what all is going on right now. you do need to back up your stuff to a external media of some sort before doing that as everything on that harddrive will be wiped.

Once you are set up and going if you would like you can come back and we'll help you find any drivers you may be missing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/173481-help-big-installation-problem-11th-time-installation-fail.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi, all. I'm in the middle of installing Windows 7 Pro x64, but it's giving me the message "Installing an unsigned 64-bit device driver is not supported and might result in an unstable Windows installation". This occurs after I click "Load Driver" and select my Rapid Storage Tech driver from my USB stick.

This is the driver I'm trying to install: Lenovo Support - Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver Windows 7 (64-bit), Vista (64-bit) and XP (64-bit) - ThinkPad

I've even tried rebuilding my Windows 7 image in RT Seven Lite with the "Force Unsigned driver integration" checkbox checked. I still get the message after burning that ISO, and retrying the installation. How do I force unsigned driver installation?

A:[SOLVED] Unsigned Driver Installation During Windows 7 Installation

Nevermind, I just let the install finish as normal, and I haven't gotten any bluescreens. For future thread visitors, just make sure your SATA mode in the BIOS is set to "AHCI", and not "Compatibility", and you should be fine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-unsigned-driver-installation-during-windows-7-installation-573948.html
Relevancy 31.39%

When doing a clean installation Windows 7 everything seems to work fine until the middle of the Completing Installation step. At a point in it the installation says "Setup will continue after starting Windows" and the system begins a reboot. It shuts down, starts the reboot, has the Starting Windows message showing, the four little spots of color move around and grow larger and then merge into the windows symbol but then all action stops. No hits on the HD and the CD reader stops.

Any suggestions about what is causing the problem or what to do?

A:Installation stops during Completing Installation step

Quote: Originally Posted by Buddy Kidd

When doing a clean installation Windows 7 everything seems to work fine until the middle of the Completing Installation step. At a point in it the installation says "Setup will continue after starting Windows" and the system begins a reboot. It shuts down, starts the reboot, has the Starting Windows message showing, the four little spots of color move around and grow larger and then merge into the windows symbol but then all action stops. No hits on the HD and the CD reader stops.

Any suggestions about what is causing the problem or what to do?

I suspect the video driver. can you boot into safe mode? if so you can get and install the driver for your card. You could really help by finishing your system specs when you resolve your current situation

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/24670-installation-stops-during-completing-installation-step.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I just bought a new hard drive and a brand new Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit disc and I am doing a clean install on the new hard drive. it seems that everything is going normal, but at a random time during the installation, the computer just shuts off. sometimes it doesn't even get to the installation when it shuts off. sometimes it shuts off in the middle of the "windows is loading files..." black screen. there are no beeps when it shuts off or when I turn it back on. there are also no error codes. whenever i turn it back on it simply acts as if it never tried to install windows and starts the boot all over from the disc. i have no idea what the problem is. Please help ASAP

A:Windows 7 Installation - Computer Shuts Off During Installation

Take a look at these posts:

Common Installation Problems and Their Solutions
Questions to use for help with Installation Issues
Tutorial quick reference list for Installing Windows 7
Questions to use for help with Installation Issues
Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version
Clean Install Windows 7
USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

Can you post your specs
Filling out System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/172241-windows-7-installation-computer-shuts-off-during-installation.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi, all. I've loaded a driver into my Windows 7 Pro x64 installation, but it's giving me the message "Installing an unsigned 64-bit device driver is not supported and might result in an unstable Windows installation".

This is the driver I'm trying to install: Lenovo Support - Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver Windows 7 (64-bit), Vista (64-bit) and XP (64-bit) - ThinkPad

How do I force unsigned driver installation (without rebuilding my Windows 7 image in RT Seven Lite)?

A:Unsigned Driver Installation During Windows 7 Installation

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

You could try booting into Safe Mode (F8 on startup) where you can choose to force unsigned driver installs in Windows 64-bit.

I think you can also do it by changing Group Policy parameters: Disable Driver Signing in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/163345-unsigned-driver-installation-during-windows-7-installation.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello, I am experiencing a installation error with my Win 7.
The error: installation must be on a local driver.

I did a SFC scan, and now attached log file for your reference.

thank you in advance.

A:Win 7 installation error: installation must be on a local driver

There's nothing attached.

Where did you get Win7? How is it burned to disk?

Are you booting the installer to Clean Install Windows 7?

During installation process at Steps 7 and 8, use the Drive Options to delete all partitions and create new as you wish, format and click Next to install to first partition. Ignore the small boot partition it creates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/298214-win-7-installation-error-installation-must-local-driver.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I am trying to install Microsoft Works 2000 onto a Windows Me machine. However about half way through the installation process it stops and says "Setup could not launch MDAC Installation" So I went to microsoft's MDAC page and downloaded the current MDAC version, installed it, however i'm still getting the same error message when I try to install MS Works 2000. Anybody know how to fix this problem?

A:Microsoft Works 2000 installation Problem "Setup couldn't Launch MDAC Installation"

http://www.computing.net/office/wwwboard/forum/1130.html

Not sure if that will work for you or not........

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-2000-installation-problem-setup-couldnt-launch-mdac-installation.157688/
Relevancy 30.53%

I am trying to install Microsoft Works 2000 onto a Windows Me machine. However about half way through the installation process it stops and says "Setup could not launch MDAC Installation" So I went to microsoft's MDAC page and downloaded the current MDAC version, installed it, however i'm still getting the same error message when I try to install MS Works 2000. Anybody know how to fix this problem?

A:Microsoft Works 2000 installation Problem "Setup couldn't Launch MDAC Installation"

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=157688

Please post only once. Closing duplicate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-2000-installation-problem-setup-couldnt-launch-mdac-installation.157690/
Relevancy 30.1%

i have dell inspiron laptop running windows bit which came preconfigured with skype version i updated skype to version but this time while upgrading i gave path for program files as my E drive now today when i tried to upgrade skype to it always gives me quot skype is already installed in another location please uninstall it first quot the problem is i cant see skype listed in control panel programs and features so i dont know how to uninstall it also in my hurry when i upgraded my skype to as stated above i gave the path for program files as E program files instead of E program files skype as per norm now what i can see is skype exe is in E program flies phone how this folder came into being i dont know and problem installation skype un installation in so please suggest me how to completely uninstall skype so i can install latest version edit i already tried rd party programs to uninstall but to no avail any help will be appreciated

A:installation and un installation problem in skype

Quote: Originally Posted by dreamer

i have dell inspiron laptop running windows 7 64 bit which came preconfigured with skype version 4.2.i updated skype to version 5.0 but this time while upgrading i gave path for program files as my E drive.

now today when i tried to upgrade skype to 5.1 it always gives me "skype is already installed in another location.please uninstall it first".the problem is i cant see skype listed in control panel/programs and features so i dont know how to uninstall it.

also in my hurry when i upgraded my skype 4.2 to 5.0 as stated above i gave the path for program files as E:/program files instead of E:/program files/skype as per norm.now what i can see is skype exe is in E:/program flies/phone(how this folder came into being i dont know????)

so please suggest me how to completely uninstall skype so i can install latest version

edit:i already tried 3rd party programs to uninstall but to no avail
any help will be appreciated

Would be easy if you had a backup to restore form.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/137287-installation-un-installation-problem-skype.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I recently installed windows vista beta 2, I made it partion the harddrive but when I chose to load my old windows version the screen just goes black and nothing happens, there is no data from my other windows version anywhere on vista, so I tried to install XP again but it wont let me, if I just put the disk in it has Install windows as gray and unclickable and if I start it after a reboot it gives me this

STOP 0x000008E (oxC0000006, 0xd762FFEA, oxF726C9Ac,0x00000000) Setupdd.sys- Addres F762FFEA base at F760E000, DateStamp4167c8F

Please help, none of the programs I use will run on vista, thanks

A:installation error (after installation of vista)

Hi, I assume you want to get rid of Vista and start over? If so, you should be able to boot from your Windows XP CD, remove all partitions on the hard disk, reformat and install Windows XP.

If this doesn't work, you may want to download the low level format utility from your hard disk manufacturer's website to give you a clean disk, then try the above again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installation-error-after-installation-of-vista-109465.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I have tried everything I built this system to save some money now I think it will bite me for that Specs are Windows home prem DVD OEM disc bit brand new have all ready validated it Intel core i intel DH HC Board gb Ram a-ram WD sata caviar green GB MB HDD VGA monitor TFT DVD X PSU W on Installation hanging completing installation PS keyboard USB mouse Updated to lastest bios Nothing else installed brand new parts Intending to run onboard graphics Installation hanging on completing installation and sound Just a home computer to pay bill etc I have tried all I can find on the net including The shiftF trick and devmgmt msc to try instal drivers Changed bios ide to ahci Ide to native Open and closing dvd drawer Changed psu Taken out ram to gb Tried usb keyboard Disabled lan and Installation hanging on completing installation usb in bios Increased ram voltage Attempted to install drivers before installation after formatting hard drive Tried unallocated and partitioned hard drives Removed HDD and formatted in a XP computer Switeched off computer when hanging restarted managed to install drivers in the device manager system became completely unstable and kept not responding Called Microsoft support and spent four hours on the phone with their tech support he managed to remote access when windows was unstable and confirmed hardware appeared to be ok It just doesnt seem like any hardware issues are to cause What else can I do please help I need some sleep Thanks

A:Installation hanging on completing installation

Maybe this will help
Common Installation Problems and Their Solutions

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/110687-installation-hanging-completing-installation.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I'm trying to installing Windows 7 RC Build 7100, it hangs at Completing Installation after restarting...

I've installed it before the exact same way, with the same disk on the same computer. I've tried it like 5 times or more by now, so I just put xp on here for now.

The ... keeps moving and I can move the mouse, also left it there for like 5 hours last night but never did anything. Almost like straight away after restarting it changes the resolution of my screen and thats it.

A:Installation Hangs At Completing Installation.

Are you booting from the DVD to install or runing from desktop?

Try booting and formatting the drive. You need to use Win7 formatting as XP is different.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/40917-installation-hangs-completing-installation.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Microsoft Office 2016 won't finish installing, it has been stuck on "finalizing installation. This may take a few minutes" for over a half an hour now. the progress bar is about three quarters full and has been for more than a half an hour. I googled the problem but only junk results came up. I googled the message again in quotes but only results pertaining to Office XP and Windows XP showed up, way too old and outdated to be of any relevance now days.

Can anybody help me get the ball rolling?

This is an ASUS T100TA Windows tablet

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/54213-office-2016-installation-stuck-finalizing-installation.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello all for days now iv been trying to install w bit i have read a lot of messages here about fixing my problem and non Windows 32bit installation" "completing (AGA installation 7 at freezes of them was a success When installing w after the first reset the installation returns to the screen where it shows the progress of the installation the only thing left is quot completing installation quot it hangs on that screen for hours and wouldnt contoniue i can move my mouse but it dosent give much help things i tried untill now disconnecting all drives beside the one i want to install w on it Windows 7 32bit installation freezes at "completing installation" (AGA disconnecting a pci card of USB slots disable all usb controls from bios my mouse and keyboard are connected with quot blue quot and quot purple quot connections disable floppy which does not exist - which didnt solve the problem but made the installation much faster Change in the bios from PCI to PEG Additional Notes I have only one monitor which is a LCD TV which connected to the nvidia graphic card with DVI to HD cable in the installation it shows that i have partitions in this hardisk and i have only as far as i know the third one has a MB capacity mybe its related some how I have seen that people gave suggestions about a utility which fixes the hardrive and maybe solve the problem but i have no operating system to do so I dont know much about my computer and i dont have any operating system to check it i only know that i have intel core ghz gb ram some gigabyte motherboard and some nvidia graphic card Please help me im one step away from installing XP again

A:Windows 7 32bit installation freezes at "completing installation" (AGA

Is it the stage where it freezes ?
Which process of installation are you trying ? Are you upgrading your XP installation with windows 7 ; or you installing 7 with formatting the C drive ? Sometimes upgrading takes enormous time to be completed compared with clean install .

You follow this tutorial : Clean Install Windows 7 ... follow steps 6, 7 and 8 carefully , I hope there would not be a further problem . All the best

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/120633-windows-7-32bit-installation-freezes-completing-installation-aga.html
Relevancy 28.38%

MBR issue was came in lenovo laptop. DVD writer are read some CD's not all CD's. but DVD are not reading. so i install the Windows Vista (Home Basic) from a bootable pen drive.
firstly i deleted all the drives and create the three partitions.
during installation process when it reach to option of installing updates before complete installation option, it restart. after restarted it again start the installation of windows if i have not removed the pen drive when it is restart.
so when it is going to restart after installing updates option, i have removed the pen drive then it come to complete installation option.
i have query why it again start the windows installation during installation process.
Is there any problem in hard disk. please suggest.

A:laptop start the windows installation again during windows installation process

I don't know which version of vista you have so you can see both options here.
Clean Install with a Full Version of Vista
Repair Install For Vista
Both thanks to Brink.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/281382-laptop-start-windows-installation-again-during-windows-installation-process.html
Relevancy 28.38%

I can't seem to install Windows 7 on my PC after I installed my new ASUS EAH5450 Series
graphics card,but before I installed the card Windows 7 works perfectly fine on my PC,here's what i've tried to do

1.Restore BIOS Settings to default
2.Wipe the WHOLE hard disk
3.Remove the graphics card and try to install Windows 7

none have worked so I tried to check my PC with "Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor" and the results came out,everything is compatible except my software which i will CLEAN install not upgrade.

My Spec is
Pentium(R) Dual Core CPU E6300 2.80GHz
RAM 2GB DDR2
Graphics card is (OnBoard) nVidia GeForce 7050
and like I said I installed ASUS EAH5450 Series (1GB DDR3)

A:Windows 7 installation hangs on "Completing Installation"

you might want to go back and make sure your bios settings are configured correctly, default is not necessarily optimal or correct.

formatting the drive in the window's installer is a good thing.

try it again from the top after confirming the bios settings. if you have all sata drives you might want to make sure ahci is enabled.

also you might try disabling the onboard video. if you can see the install process on the new video card it should be fine. also i am thinking that having both enabled should not be an issue, but it might be a driver conflict. having only one enabled simplifies things.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/193028-windows-7-installation-hangs-completing-installation.html
Relevancy 28.38%

So i am installing Windows 7 Home Premium x32-bit to my laptop, which right now has Ultimate installed. I am trying to do a clean install. Every time i go trough the options, i never receive the window asking for type of installation (upgrade or clean install). image related.

I don't know if it's because i am have no way to upgrade. I tried this on another laptop that had windows vista, and it did not give me the option either. After installing Windows 7, i had some previous files show up on my newly install windows 7 laptop. I am planning on selling my laptop, and i don't want any of my files on the PC.

Thank you.

A:Installation of Windows 7 "no option for custom installation"

Download Darrick's Boot and Nuke (DBAN). Use it as input to a program like ImgBurn to create a bootable CD.

Boot it. When you get to the prompt, type autonuke and press Enter. Let it run for a few minutes. That will wipe out the MBR (Master Boot Record) and the Partition Table so the drive will be unallocated, unformatted (RAW).

Now start your install by booting the Win 7 install DVD. It will take care of everything for you and there will be nothing left of your data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/287915-installation-windows-7-no-option-custom-installation.html
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi;

I need to do a repair of Windows but I do not have the original Windows installation cd. I lost it in a fire a years ago..Is there a workaround for this?

Help

A:Perform a Windows repair installation without the original Windows installation cd

Not without having a Windows installation cd.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/perform-a-windows-repair-installation-without-the-original-windows-installation-cd-456672.html
Relevancy 27.95%

ok I was quite inocently installing soem new anti-virus software onto my NT installation/un-installation wizard sp machine the software in question was Kaspersky AVP all seemed well until I went to install an extra feature AVP server software to administer the network I am not sure if the software itself caused installation/un-installation wizard the problem or its a coincidence But NT locked up almost entirely I narrowed it down to the install sheild and un-install sheild wizard type things no longer running correctly I have been trying un-installing and installig most of the morning and only got one app to un-install it used a slightly diffrent format The initial progress bar appears that claims to be preparrign to un-install but the progress bar hits and stops no other apps can then be opened nor task manager ctrl alt del does nothing I have to manually installation/un-installation wizard turn the pc off Not all the wizards are the same and some are apps I have installation/un-installation wizard installed and un-installed many times but they are all effected by a similar problem So clearly its something that they all use or have in common thats the problem Any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installation-un-installation-wizard.45412/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have been hit by a virus I had to uninstall my AVG free antivirus softaware becouse it hang installation installation and ActiveX AVG The system was extremelly slow I used online softawares to clean it up After that I tried to reinstall AVG and it would get stuck during the installation process with the following error appearing AVG installation and ActiveX installation Local machine installation failed Installation Error Action failed for file avgupsvc exe starting service The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion Have tried to contact AVG but as of today I havent received any reply to my e-mail I am also experiencing problem with Gmail When I log in it says that my active X is not installed When I follow the steps on reinstalling and allowing it to be reinstalled in the security tab under internet options it still shows the same error Thank you P S I have already followed the steps process succesfully Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C WINDOWS system RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZCfgSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system XConfig exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIACP EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL Find a Notebook Desktop Server Printer Software Service Monitor or TV at Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page Google News Italia R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant O - BHO Lexmark Toolbar - A C- F - -A D-EDD AC F - C Program Files Lexmark Toolbar toolband dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Lexmark Toolbar - A C- F - -A D-EDD AC F - C Program Files Lexmark Toolbar toolband dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run PS- DB PS- DB -U C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIACP EXE P quot PS- DB PS- DB -U quot O quot PS- DB PS- DB -U quot M quot Stylus CX quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - DPF B -A CF- C - F- CFC A Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent - http housecall trendmicro com ho vex hcImpl cab O - DPF C F - E - ADA-A E-F BF D F - http www miniclip com zenpuzzlegar GameLoader dll O - DPF F-F B- B D- DF- B B Minesweeper Flags Class - http messenger zone msn com binary r cab cab O - DPF D DDB -BDF - B- E E-D F EE - http download bitdefender com reso an oscan cab O - DPF B BFD- E - -B AF- A B EA WScanCtl Class - http www ca com securityadvisor v fo webscan cab O - DPF E D DE - - -A - DFAD A D MessengerStatsClient Class - http messenger zone msn com binary t cab cab O - DPF DF F -FF B- DF - D - DB A A PopCapLoader Object - http www popcap com games popcaploader v cab O - DPF EF A B-FC - C - EF-FB E A E - http download mcafee com molbin is mcfscan cab O - AppInit DLLs C PROGRA Google GOOGLE GOEC DLL e dll O - Winlogon Notify igfxcui - C WINDOWS SYSTEM igfxdev dll O - Winlogon Notify Sebring - C WINDOWS system LgNotify dll O - Winlogon Notify WgaLogon - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WgaLogon dll O - Winlogon Notify WRNotifier - WRLogonNTF dll file missing O... Read more

Relevancy 27.95%

I uninstalled java, which was a 32 bit version on my 64 bit win7. If memory serves me correctly, the 64 bit wouldn't work about a year ago, and was told to use the 32 bit and now I'm facing the same delema. When I go to the java test page, it shows it isn't working. It is enabled under IE options and custom level. It shows it is "not" available under manage add-ons. Some mention to rid of java, but that would have to be another day. I want this to work properly now. Oh also, in the java control panel defaul java for browsers...MIE is grayed out. Anyone?

A:Java 64 bit installation not available after installation

ok, so i removed the 64 bit version and said the hell with java...not so fast. i opened a reg. used program of mine and ha, says "you need java". it directed me to website, i downloaded and installed the "recommended" version. hmm, its the 32 bit version on my 64 bit win7. strange and don't care anymore. googled this for an hour and i realized i got some wet paint i'd rather watch dry. later

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/214216-java-64-bit-installation-not-available-after-installation.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello!

Well, I built a new computer for myself, every piece of it brand new. So I slapped a brand new harddrive into my old chassis and I'm setting that one up for my parents.

I tried to install a 32-bit version of WIndows 7 via Upgrade disk on a clean drive. Worked doing the 64-bit version on my new PC, but right about when it says "Loading System Services", it says the installation can't be complete and that I have to restart it.

Not sure what to do here. Looked up some solutions but they're not really helping.

A:"Cannot complete installation. Please restart installation."

Please fill in your System Specs in bottom left hand corner of post.

Where did you get Win7? Is this a disk which has successfully installed before? Did you burn it yourself?

If so after confirming or downloading another ISO try burning another using ImgBurn at 4x speed.

Reset the BIOS to defaults: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS. While in BIOS setup set SATA controller to AHCI.
Unplug all other HD's and peripherals.

If install fails again, post back exact error message text or you can google it yourself to see how others resolved it.

Next wipe the HD with Diskpart Clean Command from DVD utilizing DISKPART At PC Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/220668-cannot-complete-installation-please-restart-installation.html
Relevancy 27.09%

So i buy Win 7 64 pro, get a rapidshare account and cant seem to download. I tried firefox, Chrome, Opera, IE8 x64, and Mozzilla Minefield. Everytime i start a download it gets a hundred or so bytes, the it looses all conectivity and times out. Has anyone else had a problem with it doing this, and is there any suggestions that might help?

A:Downloading and Win 7 64

Can you not download anything, or just from that site?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/45804-downloading-win-7-64-a.html
Relevancy 27.09%

When ever my wife trys to download her games in yahoo all she gets is a small square box with an red X in it. Does see need to download a program first? P.S. we are useing 2000XP.

A:downloading ?????

Hmm...perhaps a screen shot might help?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/downloading.12355/
Relevancy 27.09%

my computer is a p-3 733 with a 20 gig hd drive and i'm connected

to the web via cable. i cannot download from the net eg

i needed drivers for my lexmark printer and when i attempted to download them i always end up with the broken film icon and
no drivers. this happens when i tried to download morpheus,
quick time, icq. i can't seem to access any of these. any sug-
gestions?

A:downloading from the www

What is your OS?? Are you running internet explorer?? What version??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading-from-the-www.72902/
Relevancy 27.09%

So i just installed Vista (first mistake) and my browser is as it says. Just a browser! I can't right click on anything. can't download anything. I click on somehting to download and it just doesn't do anything. I have no menu buttons at all. In fact the only thing i have is the back/forward/reload/stop buttons and the url location. Past those buttons i can't do anything else. I've gone into internet settings in the browser and the settings are fine as for activating tab browsing and so on. Why can't i download anything??? Why can't i tab??? In fact why can't i do anything in IE at all???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-downloading.587015/
Relevancy 27.09%

Does Anybody No Of A Software Where You Can Download Videos Form Their Urls.

Thanks In Advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/url-downloading-89234.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I have an interesting problem. I cannot seem to d/l any link that is a .pdf file. I can read .pdf files if they are on the HD, but links on website that are .pdf, I get a blank white screen.

I have W2k as an OS, IE6 (with updates) as a browser, AdAware/Spybot and Zone Alarm (free version) installed.

I am actually trying to d/l an insurance claim form. but I fould before posting this notice that I cannot d/l and pdf file.

Thanks in advance for your help.

polaris6

A:Downloading on IE6

If you can read the .pdf files on your drive, the file you are downloading may be corrupt. Try looking at .pdf file from another site (IRS is the only one I can come up with for the moment) See if that file works.Also, make sure you are using the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. I think it is version 7 for XP, 6.0.2 for 9x. http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.htmlGood luckRigel

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/12926/downloading-on-ie6/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi.
On my Laptop which is running Windows XP, when I try to download a driver or program from Internet Explorer. Instead of a window allowing me to choose where to send the download to on the hard drive. It just opens a window that shows whats on my desktop and I cannot continue with the download?

A:Downloading in XP

Do you not have a drop down arrow in that desktop box to pic somewhere else?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading-in-xp.334370/
Relevancy 27.09%

I think this goes here, because I'm using a thing called "FileZilla".

I need to download some things off my school's FTP server, but it only let's me do 2 at a time and usually disconnects me a bunch of times. Any way to get a steady connection to the server?

A:FTP Downloading Help

Try using the ALFTP client instead

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/ftp-downloading-help-204422.html
Relevancy 27.09%

i been trying to run on my friends the online scan(tredmirco) on his computer, but it would direct me to the scan my computer. i try to turning off all his firewall but it still wouldnt work. Im not able to download any program off from www.download.com or any other sites. it takes along time time to load and after that it wouldn't connect to the site anymore. i notice that he has some trojan and spyware but i remove 95 percent of it. The only spyware he has left is soproc.exe, im at the proccess removing it now. any one know what wrong with the downloading issue for his computer?
his browser is internet explore not firefox
ios-win xp home edition
thanks

A:downloading

It sounds to me that malware has hijacked your hosts file
Follow these 5 steps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/downloading-92563.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I am new to the site and I am trying to download a program, I found the program but I can not get it to download. Help please

What program are you trying to download?What is or is not happening when you try?Are you getting any error messages and if so, what is the message you get?What browser are you using? Name and version number.What operating system are you using?Anything else we should know?We need more details in order to help you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555850/downloading/
Relevancy 27.09%

i'm looking for a site to download movies and music, would like free but want the best (one price - unlimited downloads) site there is.....anyone know of one......

A:Downloading

http://www.cinemanow.com/ - legal movie downloads

http://www.real.com/musicstore/?PV=5&PVd=undefined - Legal music downloads

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/downloading-102606.html
Relevancy 27.09%

can anyone help getting error 2331 , error loading library mspatcha or finding entry point apply patch to file by handles ex. I only want to down load something thanks.

Relevancy 27.09%

Please forgive me in advance i'm still a newbie.....but thanks for any advice given.....I've just bought a new pc with vista premium pre installed, One of the things that I noticed when I unpack the pc was that there was no recovery disks, I have been reading through the postings on the forums and was just wondering, should I download an ISO of visa to burn to disk and if so where from (legally).....or maybe use a ghost program to copy the drive?.....thanks in advance for any advice given

Relevancy 27.09%

I need to download documents sent to me on pc. I click view pdf, then it says save,then what do i need to do ,to view documents

If the documents are in PDF format, you'll need Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader or some other PDF reader to be installed in your program so you can open and view and print them.

The 2 that I mentioned are the most popular ones that are used.

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading.1071057/
Relevancy 27.09%

Just recently, my computer isn't giving me the option to 'save as' when I download a file. Instead the download gets transfered to some kind of temporary folder. How can I get my download to give me the option to save as again?

Thanks very much,
Amy

A:Downloading help?

You can try the following: http://www.infopackets.com/news/soft...save_files.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/downloading-help-308456.html
Relevancy 27.09%

bet every 1 knows that downloading(d/l) torrents files from Uni is impossible. but i heard that there is a program which makes the Uni server thinks that u r doin a direct download from website. any 1 hav that program to share around??

A:Downloading From Uni

Against TSG rules to help in this area...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading-from-uni.573238/
Relevancy 27.09%

I cannot download anything. I want to update from windows 8 to 8.1. I also want to download AVG protection. However, I was able to download Google Chrome. I tried to download TSG SysInfo, but could not.

Thanks for any advice!

Relevancy 27.09%

I am trying to download videos only to my e: Drive. Whenever it starts to download it also starts to download to my documents and settings folder. Is there a way to stop this from happening. I don't don't won't all these multiple downloads on my c; drive, theres not enough space.

A:p2p downloading

Please read the community rules before posting

"We do not support P2P file sharing applications and any threads requesting help for such will be closed. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, WinMX, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/p2p-downloading.818863/
Relevancy 27.09%

Whenever I download something from mp3.com I can't use Go!Zilla because of some thing that mp3.com set up...instead I have to use IE to download and theres no such thing as resuming. Is there anyway, once IE has started downloading that i can get the EXACT address of the file that I'm downloading? With the exact addy I could just copy and paste into GoZilla and download that way. All I want is to know the exact addy of where I'm downloading from.

A:Downloading with IE

Just start Gozilla when your on that site and Choose File List, Leech, and it should list all the files in that site that you can download. Then, all you need to know is the name of the file you want to download.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading-with-ie.36090/
Relevancy 27.09%

I was trying to download a Microsoft fix, it will give you a save file dialog box but I don't get the run file box. I doesn't seem to want to do any downloads.

Relevancy 27.09%

I am using cable internet with a wireless router (NOT DIR-615, a netgear one).
From the router settings, I can see which machines are connected, but I cannot see how much they are using the connection resource such as how much they are uploading or downloading.
How can I do that?

Also, I see a device with a static IP. How does this device getting a static IP?

Also, is there any way that I can see which pages are they going to or which files they are downloading?

Thanks.

A:How much they are downloading? What are they downloading?

I don't know of a freeware monitor that will show you what you're looking for.

Let me google that for you

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/171104-how-much-they-downloading-what-they-downloading.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello All,
My very first post, hope you can understand it, I have just got this computer running win xp version 2002 service pack 3. i downloaded mailwasher free, no problem downloading that. then tried to download AVG free version and malwarebytes free version. when i click the download button for malware it says download will begin shortly and thats it nothing starts. with avg i press download nothing comes on the screen at all, can anyone explain what i need to do please, i hope its something simple ( like me).-----------Regards Abatt

try downloading from here,http://uk.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A03uv8...a/EXP=1280408481/**http://www.majorgeeks.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading.938960/
Relevancy 27.09%

hello, if i am, say looking at a page on my book marks (i.e an article about greek history on wikipedia) is that down- loading?

Well, maybe a little. Pages are typically "refreshed" when you go to them. So there is an exchange between your PC and the server on which that Greek history page resides.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/198272-downloading.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I am using Opera for my browserand on DSL. Is it somthing faster to download videos???

I'm not sure I'm understanding your question, but your download speed is governed by the speed of your DSL connection, and the speed of the server your downloading from.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/55799/downloading/
Relevancy 27.09%

hi

i have an issue relating to downloading.
i have rainmeter installed and have an ip monitor monitoring my upload n download speed.
and am noticing high download figures when im not downloading anything myself?
is there a way to find out what is down loading at any given time.
to determine weather or not it is malicious for instance..

thanks

A:what is downloading and why?

You can use perfmon <-- type it in the start menu, then click the network tab. It'll say it there.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/301434-what-downloading-why.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Windows 10 started to download when I already have W10. I stopped the download.
This happened after Dual Boot set up with Linux Mint 18. Was booted in W10.
My OS W10 Pro version 10.0.10586.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/58097-w10-downloading-again.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I am not really sure where this thread should be because i dont know whats causing the problem But whenever i view a video file from online such as youtube or any site with a video it seems that Still Downloading? even after i close the browser its still downloading and i know this because of the keyboard Still Downloading? i have it has a download monitor Somtimes this doesnt happen I can view the movie if i go back and pick another it stop loads the new one The only way i noticed this problem is because sometimes when trying to view another file it would buffer Real slow Thats when i would close my browser and notice its still downloading somthing I scanned for virus's and spyware nothing if ever found i try just logging off my username and back on but that dont help i have to restart the computer to stop it from download ANY Ideas on what could be causing this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/still-downloading-405086.html
Relevancy 27.09%

For some

Do you have a specific issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading.1165684/
Relevancy 27.09%

Please give me the link to the microsoft site which i can download the sp3 for my windows xp professional edition?

A:DOWNLOADING sp3

Click start > All Programs > Microsoft Update > Custom. Wait a few minutes and select SP3 from the list.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/downloading-sp3-373521.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Have just done a clean install and go to install WLM and keep getting this error - 0x80040705.

Any ideas please as it states there is no known cause?? Plus I do notice too that Windows Live Essentials is now just Windows Essentials - would this be a cause??

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/391669-wlm-not-downloading.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I have been trying to download a zip file from a web site but it only downloads in a internet explorer folder how can I change that?

I have vista premium 64bit

Thanks

Hello climberman, welcome.

To change the download location in IE, you have to get into the registry.
To do this, enter regedit, and follow this path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

Right click on the white region of Regedit's right hand pane, click New, and then click String ValueEnter Download Directory for the name of the new DWORD Value and press Enter. The new value should now appear in Regedit's right-hand column.Right click the new value and choose Modify.Click Modify and set the Value Data field to be the path to the directory you want IE to send downloads, then click OK.
~Lordbob

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/207607-downloading.html
Relevancy 27.09%

hi there

I'm a newbie here. A little nervous abt asking ..... but i guess i just hv to start and then it will feel better.

I want to download mp3 songs onto my mobile phone 64MB MultimediaCard. Can anyone advise which is a well trusted website for doing this pls? I am hopeful too for a free (if not uncostly) site to download from.

Thx

Roxanna

Relevancy 27.09%

what site is a good site to download albums, for free,

To my knowledge you can't download them from websites.. I think you mean P2P..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/131365/downloading/
Relevancy 27.09%

whenever i try to download an exe the download stops at 99%
but it seems that all other kind of files download fine
please help if you can

A:EXE not downloading

What Browser are you using? (eg) IE, Firefox, Chrome?
Clear the internet Cache 13 Ways to Clear Your Browser's Cache - wikiHow

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/exe-not-downloading-731721.html
Relevancy 27.09%

When I ever download files of any sort my computer just locks up and freezes and the only way out of it is to restart. Do you know what could be causing this?

welcome
internet options in your control panel
delete and clean up the temp files and cookies, history

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/downloading-230011.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Can someone host this downloaded updated on a third-party website so I can avoid WGA.. thanks in advance!!

Download details: Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB929777)

A:Need help downloading

Hi colt22,

Here it is. It's inside the ZIP folder.

Windows6.0-KB929777-v2-x64.zip < Click to Download

Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/134082-need-help-downloading.html
Relevancy 27.09%

i am trying 2 download things i keep getting this a feature i am trying 2 use is on a network resource that is unavailable what is that suppose 2 mean what can i do help me please

Can you surf the web otherwise without problems?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading.743597/
Relevancy 27.09%

You are encouraged to update your patch level to SP2 by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx
to get the benefits of the default firewall and related security changes.

Once SP2 is installed, you can then apply the latest hotfixes to bring your system current.

Remember to perform all updates from your admin login and to access the URL
using the IE browser.

A:FAQ: Downloading XP SP2

Better to order the SP2 disc from Microsoft. It is free, except for shipping. This enables you to avoid corrupted files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faq-downloading-xp-sp2.74435/
Relevancy 27.09%

Good day everyone!

I downloaded Windows Media Player 11 through softpedia.com. I used a different site because I cannot access any Microsoft sites as of the moment... I had the setup downloaded, but the problem is, there is this validation thing that I need to get through, that they need to verify first if my Microsoft Windows is genuine.

And tadah!, they are saying the copy of my Windows is not genuine, and that I may be a victim of software counterfeiting.T__T

What should I do? How can I verify if the copy of my windows is not genuine (but I strongly believe mine is genuine!)? Has this something to do with the way I cannot access Microsoft sites? Is there a way I can go through this?

Help!

Relevancy 27.09%

I did a recovery on my hadr drive, and then had to do a lot of windows updates. In fact it took over 24 hours . Last I had 85 windows updates to install . After 24 hours I was downloading the 85th one, and had to shut down my pc to go to work. My question is , do I loose the 84 that were downloaded and have to start all over again ??

A:win xp downloading

No you shouldn't loose the ones you have downloaded due to the fact it windows update should have saved them to the hard disk. You should be able to continue downloading the last update when you turn on the computer again, then install them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-downloading.651337/
Relevancy 27.09%

Here's a question for ya. Everytime I download any type of file from the internet using either mozilla or internet explorer, the file size on the hard drive is zero!
I've even changed the file save location and still the same.
The only thing that works is when I click on download, instead of clicking save, I click open or run.
Any ideas?

Originally Posted by Francis1977

Here's a question for ya. Everytime I download any type of file from the internet using either mozilla or internet explorer, the file size on the hard drive is zero!
I've even changed the file save location and still the same.
The only thing that works is when I click on download, instead of clicking save, I click open or run.
Any ideas?

A couple of things what kind of anti virus and firewalls are you running. second be careful about running, or opening files from web sources.

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/244914-downloading.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Whenever i try to download anything it just make a little beeping noise when the downloading is done and then when i go to check where my program is it's gone, someone please help

A:Downloading Anything

By default, Vista places downloads in a download directory in the users documents area.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/176329-downloading-anything.html
Relevancy 27.09%

macromedia file? Can they be downloaded?

Relevancy 27.09%

For some reason everytime I try to download more than 2 files a server login thing pops up I never had this happen before Is it with XP.

Hello and welcome!

You have provided a little too little information on your problem.

Where is the LOGIN prompt coming from?

Is it a login prompt from the website you are downloading from?

Is it a login prompt from your internet provider?

Is it a login prompt from your local machine?

Thanks and have a great night!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading.689305/