Windows Support Forum

Unable to access bios

Q: Unable to access bios

So I have a very strange issue with my laptop.
It's a Toshiba a665-06f
I7 [email protected]
8gb ram
500gb Samsung ssd
Running Windows 8.1 pro

I can't get into the bios it boots in less than 10 secs, I've even tryed removing the hdd to get it to boot to the bios but it just sits at a blank screen when I do that. I've tryed tapping the all the f keys the del and esc on start cant get into the bios or even the boot options. Other than not booting into the bois it works great.
Any ideas please?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unable to access bios

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unable to access bios

"Other than not booting into the bios, it works great"... So this means you can boot into Windows normally, and use the laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-access-bios.206928/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I sure arrow Console controls or access any keys to in Unable access BIOS or Error Recovery am hoping someone Unable to access arrow keys or any controls in Error Recovery Console or access BIOS can help me with this First my specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Unable to access arrow keys or any controls in Error Recovery Console or access BIOS Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA-MA -DS x x Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled I am having some errors causing crashes on occasion Thats not what I am here for today though I can deal with that later When my comp starts to reboot I can t seem to access BIOS if I can access the Boot Order by hitting F I have no control whatsoever on the choices no up or down or even hitting enter works Also when I go into Error Recovery Console the same thing no controls whatsoever I can make no arrow keys or hitting any keys work and I have to just sit there and let it choose whatever it defaulted to I have re-installed Windows but the problem persists Would really appreciate your help nbsp

A:Unable to access arrow keys or any controls in Error Recovery Console or access BIOS

I would suspect that your bios is not loading the keyboard or mouse, except for your only reference to the error recovery console? Do you mean you have the controls elsewhere, but not there?
But, if the loss is general, the quickest way is to reset the bios. You would normally do this by locating the small bios battery on the motherboard. Remove this and, in its vicinity (better if you browse or refer to a manual for the motherboard!) there will be a small three pin tag, with a joiner across two of the pins. Move the joiner to the other two pins for about one minute, This will return the bios to defaults. If you cannot locate this pin, you will have to leave the computer, with the battery out for quite a while - I would guess possibly over 24 hours, to reset the bios.
But, before, You do not say how you have tried to access the bios? (DEL on startup: F2 on startup are two choices)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-arrow-keys-or-any-controls-in-error-recovery-console-or-access-bios.983058/
Relevancy 59.77%

I am having trouble accessing the BIOS on my machine using F10, Let me tell you my problem,I have installed a new grapfics card ( so I can run 2 displays) and when I first turn on the machine I get nothing on any screen, then when I turn off holding power button in, and restart it boots ok.When I try to access the Bios by repeat pressing F10 during boot, I here a beep which I presume is keyboard error. then nothing.Is there another way to access the bios ?? or get the machine to boot to the graphics card first time. I have disabled the on board graphics useing device manager

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/unable-to-access-bios-with-F10/td-p/5595593
Relevancy 59.77%

I had Windows on my custom built PC then I upgraded to Windows At first I was able to get into access to Unable bios bios via shutting down turning it back on and hitting delete Now when I shut down and boot all there is black til Windows loads I have turned off Fastboot I have tried the command in the CMD I've tried through the settings but the tile for UEIF Unable to access bios isn't there I've tried hitting the restart to access advanced boot methods but Unable to access bios all it does is make my screen turn black and sit there I have no idea what else to try I have the latest BIOS for my motherboard and all the latest updates for Windows The following is my dxdiag Code ------------------System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name KNIGHT-PC Operating System Windows Pro -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer To be filled by O E M System Model To be filled by O E M BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor AMD FX tm - Eight-Core Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab The file cmudaxp sys is not digitally signed which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs WHQL You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer Sound Tab The file cmudaxp sys is not digitally signed which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs WHQL You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name AMD Radeon HD Series Manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices Inc Chip type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Type Full Device Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS D amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name ACER X W Analog Monitor Model Acer X W Monitor Id ACR Native Mode x p Hz Output Type Displayport External Driver Name aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Feature Levels Driver Model WDDM Graphics Preemption DMA Compute Preemption DMA Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B EE - - CF-CD -DA BEC C Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x D Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf cb ae ati mtag NI pci ven amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C DXVA Modes DXVA ModeMPEG VLD DXVA ModeMPEG IDCT DXVA ModeH VLD NoFGT DXVA ModeVC VLD Deinterlace Caps E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd B... Read more

A:Unable to access bios

Are you able to try getting the motherboard to ask you to enter BIOS by messing with things like the CPU fan not spinning or removing all the drives or clearing the CMOS jumper/switch?

As the BIOS is responsible for starting Windows, windows cannot prevent the BIOS from working as it is the BIOS that causes Windows to work in the first place. Its like the chicken coming before the egg. Removing the boot drive will enforce this point; the BIOS works without Windows either way and it's operation is completely unaffected by Windows' presence. ESPECIALLY is it's not UEFI.

If you don't have a embedded graphics, Remove all but one of your video cards, otherwise remove all of them and try again. Just in case.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/19708-unable-access-bios.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi All nbsp I have enabled secure boot on a nd Generation X We need this enabled - X1 to BIOS ThinkPad gen 2nd unable access to install our Windows build Now i have installed the laptop but whenever i start the laptop i cannot get in the BIOS anymore nor the boot menu nbsp When i turn on the laptop is says in small letters in the ThinkPad X1 2nd gen - unable to access BIOS top left corner to interrupt normal startup press enter normally it would show a big Thinkpad Lenovo sign in the middle of the screen if you then press F ThinkPad X1 2nd gen - unable to access BIOS F or Enter you would be able to access theBIOS nbsp But now when i press Enter F F it gets stuck and doesn't do anything anymore nbsp i did some searching but couldn't find any solutions i had this before and a reboot would normally resolve this the only thing i found online is clearing the CMOS via the jumper on the system board haven't tried this yey nbsp if any one has any other suggestion i would appreciate it

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/ThinkPad-X1-2nd-gen-unable-to-access-BIOS/td-p/3418965
Relevancy 58.91%

Issue is to fix Display on VGA port.   I want the primary Display to comeup when I connect to VGA port.  Its taking 30 seconds to get display on the Monitor when ever I restart the HP Elite Desk 800 g1 during this 30 seconds the screen is blank.   I am trying to enter BIOS setup but unable to access the BIOS SETUP even though when I press F10 immediately after powering the PC.    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Unable-to-access-BIOS-setup/td-p/5720386
Relevancy 58.91%

Mesh Matrix 3000 with XP operating system. On switch on the POST operates and Windows loads but both keyboard and mouse are inoperative - these were PS2 types. Switching to USB keyboard and mouse allowed the computer to operate normally except that I cannot access the BIOS to search out the PS2 problems - clearly, USB ports become active after the POST? Any suggestions please?

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi All nbsp I have enable secure boot on a nd Generation X We need this enable to install our Windows build No i have installed the laptop but now whenever i X1 access - gen ThinkPad to Bios unable 2nd start the laptop i cannot get in the Bios anymore nor the bootmenu nbsp When i turn on the laptop is says in small letters in the top left corner to interrupt normal startup press enter normally it would show a big Lenovo sign in the middle of the screen if you then press F F or enter you would be able to access the bios nbsp But now when i press Enter F F it gets stuck and doesn't do anything anymore nbsp i did some searching but couldn't find any solutions i had this before and a reboot would normally resolve this the only thing i found online is clearing the CMOS via the jumper on the system board haven't tried this yey nbsp if any one has any other suggestion i would appreciate it

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/ThinkPad-X1-2nd-gen-unable-to-access-Bios/td-p/3418965
Relevancy 58.48%

Mother Board Gigabyte GHZ HDD SATA TB OS Windows Problem When the computer is powered on it boots normally However all function keys or cmd keys to get into BIOS F BOOT Menu F Set up menu F are disabled Possible Cause Ransomware I know for a fact my son installed a exe file that put ransomware on his computer due to the HDD being locked and inaccessible Also when logging into his user he is prompted with the ransom log on by GoTLINKS Attempted Fixes I've tried removing the HDD cables and booting in hopes of getting forced into the boot menu However to Boot Menu, access or anything BIOS, Unable else!!! no drives are detected and I am prompted to insert the OS Disk and hitting ENTER Upon doing so all KBoard keys are disabled and computer must be restarted At this point the computer will boot from the OS Disk and allow for a install of windows or windows repair Upon trying to reinstall Unable to access BIOS, Boot Menu, or anything else!!! the OS after plugging the HDD back in the OS Key states it is not retrievable even though it is on the tower of his desktop This happens after the key is inserted The key has been registered prior to this all happening When going into windows repair from the disk I am given options System Refresh System Reset and Advanced Options System Refresh Error A Valid OS must be selected Please select a valid OS and restart your system System Reset Error The disk drive is locked Please unlock the disk drive in order to proceed Advanced Options CMD prompt is available but will not allow access into C only into default X System Restore pulls up the same error as system refresh and so on Hitman Pro Put it on a USB drive but the BIOS loads and ignores any function command going straight to user log on For example the F Shift F or even Ctrl Alt S commands are ignored completely and brings me back to square one Jumper Switching Tried and Battery Removal lt - Not an Option Tried them both to no avail USB Bootable Flash Drive Attempting this now but I'm almost certain the same problems will occur CMD Prompt Tried DEBUG to force the BIOS back to default but cannot obtain the specific drive Tried DISM ScanHealth Online Offline but same problem occurs with the specific drive At this point I am all out of ideas which is why I have come here I'm assuming Windows quickstart option is preventing the use of functions through the reboot of BIOS However a shutdown or restart from user logon should put windows back into a long restart but it doesn't End Note If the HDD is plugged in during booting of the system then no user options or function commands work I am just directed to the user log on CMD Prompt is unavailable and so are any options to restore reset or refresh the system

A:Unable to access BIOS, Boot Menu, or anything else!!!

I forgot to add something.

Restarting system: I can restart the system while holding the Shift Key which brings me to the boot menu options. However, any key is disabled and the computer must be hard restarted in order to do anything. All function keys (F1-F9) do not work, keys 1-9 do not work, and even ENTER to restart the system does not work.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539426/unable-to-access-bios-boot-menu-or-anything-else/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, have a S3 MS2346, bought off ebay and came with (hopefully not because was stolen!) - windows 8.1 enterprise from some office somewhere, and then the licence expired! so thought better bite the bulllet and download windows 10. I'm not techy but have downloaded windows 10 install onto a flash drive for a complete reinstall and learnt how to do it- i.e needed to get into boot menu on BIOS. ok, so start pressing f2 or f12 from loading screen, very loud scary beeping noises. No bios. Any ideas?  

A:Unable to access BIOS to install windows 10 on my ...

Have to start pressing (rapidly, do not hold down) F2 before ACER splash screen displays. Once the thingie starts going in a circle it's too late.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Unable-to-access-BIOS-to-install-windows-10-on-my-aspire-S3/td-p/413786/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 58.48%

My computer is so messed up Version I first noticed that I had a problem with Kaspersky It said my license was unable to verify and to update data base to solve It wont let me update In fact it wont even let me uninstall and secondly I cant download ANYTHING off the internet My main problem is OFFICE keeps freezing and I need that program it also says there is a problem with my license and I have not been able to fix it it just freezes So I thought I will download open office but as I mentioned I cant download anything when I click run nothing happens when I click save it says corrupt or unreadable file I thought no problem I will just hit F yes I have tried hitting every single key after this and nothing and enter bios screen and recover from my USB but do you think F or any other key takes takes me there no Products like Kaspersky Office I have paid for etc say they are unlicensed which they are not Anything I try to download anything like a new virus program will not work I can't download I cant even get into Change my PC settings it just freezes when I click this I have had people try and trouble shoot this Kaspersky has not gotten back Pc BIOS Unable access or Change to Settings to me and everyone is telling me stuff I cant do I cant download I cant access bios I cant even access Change my PC settings Ready to hear all the generic quot it should quot or quot you should be able to quot I have found a few people on other forums Unable to access BIOS or Change Pc Settings with the problem and I have yet to see a fix

A:Unable to access BIOS or Change Pc Settings

Hello neverislence, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You might see if this may be able to help with the PC settings issue.

PC settings - Fix and Restore in Windows 8.1

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44071-unable-access-bios-change-pc-settings.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I posted this in the Windows section as I thought it was a problem with such However I believe the Ransomware has a lot to do with the problem So here is the issue Mother Board Gigabyte GHZ HDD SATA TB OS Windows Problem When the computer is powered on it boots normally Boot else!!! or Unable anything to BIOS, Ransomware!! Menu, access However all function keys or Unable to access BIOS, Boot Menu, or anything else!!! Ransomware!! cmd keys to get into BIOS F BOOT Menu F Set up menu F are disabled Possible Cause Ransomware I know for a fact my son installed a exe file that put ransomware on his computer due to the HDD being locked and inaccessible Also when logging into his user he is prompted with the ransom log on by GoTLINKS Attempted Fixes I've tried removing the HDD cables and booting in hopes of getting forced into the boot menu However no drives are detected and I am prompted to insert the OS Disk and hitting ENTER Upon doing so all KBoard keys are disabled and computer must be restarted At this point the computer will boot from the OS Disk and allow for a install of windows or windows repair Upon trying to reinstall the OS after plugging the HDD back in the OS Key states it is not retrievable even though it is on the tower of his desktop This happens after the key is inserted The key has been registered prior to this all happening When going into windows repair from the disk I am given options System Refresh System Reset and Advanced Options System Refresh Error A Valid OS must be selected Please select a valid OS and restart your system System Reset Error The disk drive is locked Please unlock the disk drive in order to proceed Advanced Options CMD prompt is available but will not allow access into C only into default X System Restore pulls up the same error as system refresh and so on Hitman Pro Put it on a USB drive but the BIOS loads and ignores any function command going straight to user log on For example the F Shift F or even Ctrl Alt S commands are ignored completely and brings me back to square one Jumper Switching Tried and Battery Removal lt - Not an Option Tried them both to no avail USB Bootable Flash Drive Attempting this now but I'm almost certain the same problems will occur CMD Prompt Tried DEBUG to force the BIOS back to default but cannot obtain the specific drive Tried DISM ScanHealth Online Offline but same problem occurs with the specific drive At this point I am all out of ideas which is why I have come here I'm assuming Windows quickstart option is preventing the use of functions through the reboot of BIOS However a shutdown or restart from user logon should put windows back into a long restart but it doesn't End Note If the HDD is plugged in during booting of the system then no user options or function commands work I am just directed to the user log on CMD Prompt is unavailable and so are any options to restore reset or refresh the system I can get into the BOOT Menu via holding the Shift Key while restarting the computer However all keys are disabled and the computer freezes on the Boot Menu window not even allowing me to hit ENTER to restart the computer

A:Unable to access BIOS, Boot Menu, or anything else!!! Ransomware!!

Update: I am putting Ubuntu onto a dvd and trying it that way. I will let you know the outcome. Any other suggestions while I am in this process are welcome as well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539428/unable-to-access-bios-boot-menu-or-anything-else-ransomware/
Relevancy 57.62%

bios gives keyboard error. keyboard and mouse will not function and I can not get into windows . Is there away to access Bios on startup? Also is there a Bios file available to flash  the bios? the system will continue to the windows splash screen but with no keyboard there is no way to loginDoesn't look like any body in this forum has a clue about this problem.   disappointing waste of time 

A:bios gives keyboard error unable to access windows

Hi @bsmar,  May the Forums be with you! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having a problem with an unspecified keyboard error, and are looking for a possible BIOS upgrade. I am happy to help with this. First you can find drivers and available BIOS files on the support page for your model: HP Pavilion 500-c60 Desktop PC. Be sure to select the correct operating system for your system first. What is the exact BIOS error you are getting related to the keyboard?Have you tried connecting a different keyboard, to your computer, and are you using a wireless or USB keyboard?  Otherwise if you are looking for more immediate or interactive support you could try contacting phone support. In that case please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html Please let me know what you decide, or if the BIOS files I directed you to resolve your issue, then please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/bios-gives-keyboard-error-unable-to-access-windows/td-p/5592520
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,

I'm new around here and pretty new to working on my own PC. I installed the new card and it works fine,But I would like to run it in dual graphics mode with my AMD A10 5800K APU. Since installing the card when I try and access my bios the screen stays black and I have to reboot the computer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Marc

A:Unable to access my bios after installing the Asus HD 6670

Since this is a pre-built system from Gateway, I am not sure how much you can do for it. Here are the specs for the board: aahd3-vc mainboard specs

What you would be talking about is called Hybrid crossfire using the onboard chip and the dedicated graphics card. this can only be done with certain setups. Most likely, this mobo since it is a generic OEM board, it won't be able to set up.

GPU-8: ATICrossFire

Quote:

Hybrid ATI CrossFire™ Platform(Onboard GPU + 1 discrete GPU) Requirements:The requirements of a ATI Hybrid CrossFire system are:ATI Radeon™ HD 2400 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 3400 Series or ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3400 Series graphics processorATI Radeon™ HD 2400 supports only ATI Hybrid CrossFireX™ technology and ATI SurroundView™ technology.

A motherboard based on an AMD 780G or AMD 790GX integrated chipset
Windows Vista?

More info would be helpful. can you download Speccy and CPUID and post screenshots from them so we know what bios you are using and chipsets that are being used. also, if your integrated graphics is not visible here, get GPU-Z to see what gpu's are showing up (this should show the integrated and dedicated by selecting from a dropdown menu)

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/282419-unable-access-my-bios-after-installing-asus-hd-6670-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hope someone can help with this.

've had the DX730 PC for about 8 months now, and I recall that initially when the PC powered up there would briefly appear a message saying to press 'F2' to enter BIOS configuration.
But lately that does not happen and I don't know why.

Pressing F2 brings up the Windows Startup Menu instead of the BIOS configuration.
Is there some way to restore the original startup functionality?

Thank you ahead of time for any help you can give.

Message was edited by: TumbleGrum

A:Qosmio DX730 unable to access BIOS settings

hmm... may i ask you what system are you using? Is it Win 7 or Win 8?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71807-Qosmio-DX730-unable-to-access-BIOS-settings
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi. I am trying to reinstall Windows on my Gf laptop; an Acer Aspire V5-531, model MS2361. At selektiv which HDD to install Windows onto that harddrive since it was GPT partisjon, I try a tid from the internet:
diskpart
List disk
Select disk
Clean
Exit

I then reformated the HDD
This trick let me proceed but after it was done unpacking the file from the DVD, i got an error code 0x80070017. After a quick google search it sand i had to fiddle the bot sequence of the DVD drive to make it compaitible, but noe I cant access the BIOS. I press F2 at boot, but it only goes to "click a Key to boot to drive" and then to Windows install. If I DONT have the cd on I Get a long screen of text saying "PXE-e61: media test failure, Chess cabel"

So what do I do at this point?

A:Unable to access BIOS aften failed reinstall of Windows.

First thing i would try is to remove battery form laptop then press and hold the power button on laptop for about 1 min then put battery back in and try to access bios then doing this step should reset the bios

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/357938-unable-access-bios-aften-failed-reinstall-windows.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello all, this is my first post here so apologies if it is in the wrong category.

I have been trying to repair a laptop for my friend that cannot boot up to windows. It is constantly going to Startup repair and whenever I try repairing windows with USB it always fails.

Now I am trying to access the bios to change the boot device to the USB drive so I can do a fresh install of windows.
Here's my issue, the laptop will always go into the startup repair mode without giving me the option to enter the bios.

Will removing the cmos battery resolve this? ( I want to avid this option as it means opening the laptop, since it is not my laptop. I may find it difficult even locating the cmos battery)

Any other ideas how I can access the bios?

- Edit -

The laptop is running windows 8.1 x64

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/73679-unable-too-access-bios-lenovo-g510-20238-laptop.html
Relevancy 57.19%

We're having a problem getting access to the BIOS (F10), Boot Menu (F9), etc from a new Elite X2 1012 G1. We deployed our Windows 10 image to it and now we're unable to access anything. We upgraded the BIOS from 1.14 to 1.16 but that hasn't fixed the issue. The tablet boots in to Windows everytime, happily ignoring our attempts to press F10 or F9. Anyone run into this before? We've got over 200 of these on their way in and it's going to be a nightmare if we can't fix this.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Unable-to-access-System-BIOS-Boot-Menu-etc-from-Elite-X2/td-p/5689431
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello, I have just upgraded to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7 and now HWSETUP.EXE does not run and when restart the laptop I cant get into the BIOS using F2 or F12. Can anyone helpmeet please? Kind Regards

A:Satellite C660-125 - Unable to access BIOS after Upgrading to Windows 10

You need to install the Toshiba System Driver for Windows 10.
However the C660 doesnt appear to be in the supported list, so you may need to go into the BIOS instead.

Hold SHIFT during shutdown to stop Windows from entering Hybrid Suspend Mode. Keep on holding SHIFT until the power LED turns off.
The F2 BIOS message only appears if the notebook does a cold boot.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?83896-Satellite-C660-125-Unable-to-access-BIOS-after-Upgrading-to-Windows-10
Relevancy 56.76%

I purchased a MSI K7T266 Pro2 version 2.0 Socket A Motherboard DDR KT266. I had an AMD 1900 Palomino in another computer, so I know it is fine. I finally put everything together but I cannot access anything in the Hardware Monitor setup to change the CPU FSB from 100 to 133. The whole right side has nothing on it, i.e., arrows, up/down, etc.. And once I am in it, I have to reboot to get out of it; escape will not get me out of there. So now I am only running at 1200mhz with the 100mhz FSB. According to the manual "Monitor functions available only if there is harware monitor mechanism onboard". Whatever that means. But the specs on this board supports the AMD palomino 1900.
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/produc...UID=320&kind=1. So something is amiss. Any ideas? thanks

A:Unable to access Hardware Monitor setup in BIOS to change FSB- MSI K7T266

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem. Same MoBo, AMD 1800 Palomino, can't reset FSB from 100 to 133 because the Hardware Monitor freezes when I try to access.
Thanks--

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-hardware-monitor-setup-in-bios-to-change-fsb-msi-k7t266.532931/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have an HP Pavilion dv Vista bit Home Edition that has suddenly stopped fully booting When the power button is pressed the appropriate keyboard disk lights come on and the fan starts A black unable fails to boot, Vista to fully black restarts, access bios screen, screen appears and then - seconds later it shuts down and restarts There is NO mouse cursor or blinking line in the top-left corner as some of the other forums have described - just completely black and the computer continuously restarts I Vista fails to fully boot, restarts, black screen, unable to access bios am unable to access the BIOS or any other system options at the startup F F F the ESC key etc all do NOT work Although the interesting thing is that F and the ESC keys are the only ones that allow the computer to stay running for longer than - seconds When these keys are pressed at the startup the empty black screen stays quot lit quot and the computer stays on no restart The fan increases in speed high after a few minutes slows down again and this process is repeated A hard forced shutdown is needed to turn the computer off I cannot change the boot order since I'm unable to access the BIOS Thus my recovery disks won't work I feel completely stuck here ANY help or advise is greatly appreciated - particularly concerning a way to change the boot order in this situation

A:Vista fails to fully boot, restarts, black screen, unable to access bios

The fact that the F10 and ESC keys leave it going for a bit extra tells me this is fixable.
The F10 button allows you to enter the setup facility.
The ESC button is used to change the boot order.
There is also an F12 option for your laptop.

I have located the service manual, have a look at 2.3 Troubleshooting flowcharts.
If you require any more help let us know.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01035677.pdf

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284997-vista-fails-fully-boot-restarts-black-screen-unable-access-bios.html
Relevancy 49.02%

The computer wont start.   After pressing "ON" one can hear a vibration sound, it turns on an orange LED.   Stays black for two  minutes; then screen does light to a dim night-blue color.     This is for a Split x2 13-g110dx (windows 10 64bit). Already tried:  hard reset and going to BIOS (Windows button + "B"). Also tried booting from  a USB drive.   It did not work (see screen below). Any suggestion(s) of how it can still be revived ("do it myself")? Thank you.                                       Screen message  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/System-BIOS-recovery-failed-Unable-to-open-BIOS-Signature/td-p/5776048
Relevancy 49.02%

I had a strange set of circumstances today I was trying to update my memory from to g My system would not boot with the new memory and the bios gave beeps After removing the new memory the system would boot to XP but I had no video I powered down and powered back up I now had video but the system would hang In Safe Mode it would hang after the following entry system config system Note I never observed any windows error messages just the hang I used the Recovery Console from an XP CD and did a chkdsk r and chdsk f I also ran fixboot None of these solved the problem I then ran fixmbr Recovery Console displayed some kind of caution message that I had a quot invalid BIOS to after unable Setup BIOS running enter Hang, FIXMBR quot or something MBR and that it might prevent me from access partitions or something Well I ran fixmbr anyway since i was out if ideas Now when I try to boot it is freezing during the post process When I hit F to enter the BIOS setup BIOS Hang, unable to enter BIOS Setup after running FIXMBR it says quot entering setup quot but it never does It seems to be hanging right after the drive detect process Note I have one standard IDE BIOS Hang, unable to enter BIOS Setup after running FIXMBR drive copy and SATA drives Windows XP is installed on one of the SATA drives Any ideas Let me know if you need any more info

A:BIOS Hang, unable to enter BIOS Setup after running FIXMBR

This sounds more like a BIOS = hardware issue. Since you have been inside the case it is possible something got nudged loose. Re-seat your memory and video card if it is an add-on.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273065/bios-hang-unable-to-enter-bios-setup-after-running-fixmbr/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello

My last BIOS update has failed and now my laptop Satellite PrU400 PSU45E is out of order.
I want to use the Crisis Recovery Disk with an USB floppy drive but I don't know the key combination to run the boot-block.
Is anybody can help me?

Best regards

A:Satellite Pro U400 BIOS update failed - What is BIOS Boot-block access

Hi

I wondering what Crisis Recovery Disk do you have ?:|
In my experience the special disk is needed which is available only for ASP technician.
Therefore it?s necessary to contact the ASP in your country in order to reflash the BIOS.

In my opinion you shouldn?t not try any ?Crisis Recovery disks? which you fond in the net? this can lead to mobo damage?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?46578-Satellite-Pro-U400-BIOS-update-failed-What-is-BIOS-Boot-block-access
Relevancy 47.3%

Im working on a Toshiba Laptop A - Model PSAA U- FH K that froze while trying to flash the BIOS so I didnt know what won't A105: Failed access now BIOS & BIOS Toshiba flash; boot no else to do but shut it off Now when Toshiba A105: Failed BIOS flash; now no BIOS access & won't boot I Toshiba A105: Failed BIOS flash; now no BIOS access & won't boot try to boot it up it gets stuck in the same place it did during the flashing on the Toshiba splash screen with the status bar at the bottom showing about complete I cant get into the BIOS and cant boot into Windows Other options available on this screen are Press F for System Settings and F for Boot Menu Pressing F results in a beep and the status bar changing to quot Please Wait quot but nothing else happens no matter how long I wait Pressing F doesnt do anything Pressing ESC takes me to a screen that shows the typical system info -- Phoenix Technologies Version Intel Calistoga CRB T A Reference BIOS VERSION MAK looks like its running POST and recognizes CPU Cores No TPM or TPM has a problem and system RAM and stops there What is my best course of action - shorting out the CMOS battery I ve tried this on the solder pads marked C with no laptop battery with and without the wi-fi ram and hdd installed Im either doing it wrong or its just not working - trying to reflash BIOS chip I tried this turned the laptop on and held down the c key to boot from cd but still got stuck at the same place - replacing the BIOS chip - something else Any guidance or information you can provide would be greatly appreciated Please feel free to let me know if you need any additional info from me Thanks so much in advance NorCalGirl Toshiba Laptop A - Model PSAA U- FH K Windows MCE SP I believe -bit GB RAM nbsp

A:Toshiba A105: Failed BIOS flash; now no BIOS access & won't boot

Im trying to figure out why I've had no replies yet.

Have I asked a stupidly easy question that everyone is rolling their eyes to and cant bear to tell me the answer? Or have I stumped everyone?

I have a hard time believing this is a stumper. I've found the same question posted elsewhere on the net and shorting the CMOS seemed to help. That or removing the battery altogether (its soldered to the board), but I dont think Im doing it right. Can someone give me directions on that?

or is this just a lost cause? :-/

Thanks in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-a105-failed-bios-flash-now-no-bios-access-wont-boot.152342/
Relevancy 46.87%

Good evening!
A week ago I reinstalled Windows 7 in EFI mode on my laptop, and now I've got this problem: whenever I turn on my computer after a shutdown, the BIOS says "System Resuming" instead of "Press F2 to enter settings". This makes impossible for me to access BIOS settings. Previously, my BIOS used to say "System Resuming" only after a hibernation. The weird fact is that - as far as I remember - this thing started happening only after a few days.
Can you help me?
Thanks in advance :-)

A:I can't access BIOS settings because BIOS assumes Windows is resuming

Try doing a shutdown command from a CMD window, or Start button / Run
The command is shutdown /s

See if entering the command manually makes a difference in how it starts up

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343868-i-cant-access-bios-settings-because-bios-assumes-windows-resuming.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi Guys I restored an image created with Macrium Reflect on my wife's computer Custom build with Asus P Z -V LX mother board and everything went fine until rebooting when i got to the quot Please press DEL BIOS access UEFI Cannot Bios, to settings or F2 DEL enter press Please or F to enter UEFI BIOS settings quot then everything stopped I have tried F DEL F F just about Cannot access Bios, Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS settings all the F combinations and nothing works I have two SSD drives one with Win Pro and one with Win Pro not connected at the same time and neither of them will boot up I have tried changing the jumper pins from and to and for sec to clear the RTC Ram in CMOS then returned then to and and tried rebooting no change so i removed the battery and repeated the jumper pin swap then reinstalled the battery and still no change cannot get passed press DEL or F to access the BIOS settings I even downloaded the latest BIOS and updater as shown and put them on a USB flash drive together and tried the Macrium Rescue disk and still nothing happened and it will not open the BIOS maybe i got it all wrong I was hoping someone here might know how to put it right i am out of idea's and any help would be greatly appreciated System Specs Intel Core i K Ivy Bridge GHz MB Motherboard Asus P Z -V LX LGA ATX Motherboard Memory G Cannot access Bios, Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS settings Skill GB Kit x GB DDR Ripjaws X C MHz Samsung Series GB quot mm SSD SATA x Win and Win Storage Drive Western Digital Caviar Black WD FAEX quot TB MB RPM Graphics Card Leadtek Quadro MB DVI DP Optical Drive LG CH LS x Black SATA Blu-Ray Combo Drive Retail Pack Card Reader Shintaro in quot Sound Card Integrated Gigabyte GZ-X Black Mid Tower Case - Cannot access Bios, Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS settings W PSU Power Supply XFX Core Edition Operating System Microsoft Windows Professional OEM Bit Anti Virus Trend Micro Maximum Security Keyboard amp Mouse Microsoft Wireless Desktop Monitor Asus VE H quot Full HD WS MS LED Thanks Guys

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393901-cannot-access-bios-please-press-del-f2-enter-uefi-bios-settings.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi everyone, I tried getting to the advanced Bios setup under Bios menu but couldnt find it. The Bios version of my Pc is insyde F.1B. please what can i do ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Inability-to-Access-Advanced-BIOS-Setup-on-my-bios-menu/td-p/5841012
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello:

This is my first post here, so hi to everyone.
I just got an ASUS X401a Notebook and I want to use a flash drive to boot from Linux.
I need to change the sequence in the BIOS so that the flash drive is first choice to boot from.
I have no problem accessing the BIOS utility, but it allows me to alter only some settings. Those in blue colored font I can change those in black font I cannot. What drive to boot from first is in black and not adjustable.
I used command line to work as admin and I also set up a password for admin in the BIOS to access the BIOS utility, but still no go; some things are allowed to be changed some aren't.

Any help is appreciated.

A:BIOS: Can access BIOS utility, but cannot change settings.

Is it asking for a password or something?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/250502-bios-can-access-bios-utility-but-cannot-change-settings.html
Relevancy 45.58%

From first topic Link is http www bleepingcomputer com forums t infected-unable-to-use-computer OBI know I am infected but unsure about where I would start Basically My computer was completely fine my Monday evening regular virus spyware searches turned up results Tuesday morning I went on the internet got a few IE popups even though I use Firefox Decided to do a Malwarebytes scan and got over infected objects infected Let the scan finish and was told to restart computer restarted and the problems started I completely lost my desktop no icons and no toolbar a few more restarts and I managed to get them back but nothing else worked Every program says I don't have the rights to access it or the computer has the resources to start I can't access the internet use computer., to to unable toolbar, No Unable access internet. desktop, Infected. and any scans I can run stop in the middle and give me the 'system resources' error I'm not using that computer at the moment since I'm completely unable to use it Firstly I must ask is is necessary to save the dds scr and rootrepeal scanners directly to the desktop or can they be moved there after being downloaded to another location I can't access the internet on the infected computer so I will be unable to download them if they MUST be saved to the desktop I have already managed to run a Win kDiag scan attached Thank you for any help

A:Infected. Unable to use computer., No desktop, toolbar, unable to access internet.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Please download OTL from following mirror:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.You can always download the files from one location and move it to your desktop afterwards. If you are using a flash drive to communicate between your clean and your infected PC please run the following tool on your clean PC while having the flash drive inserted:Please download Flash_Disinfector and save it to your desktop.Double click to run it.You will be prompted to plug in your flash drive. Remember to plug in the flash drive to disinfect as well.Flash_Disinfector will start disinfecting your flash and hard drives. This takes a few seconds. Your desktop will disappear in the meantime.When done, a message box will appear. Click OK. Your desktop should now appear. If it doesn't, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.Click on File > New Task (Run...). Type in explorer.exe and press Enter. Your desktop should now appear.regards _temp_

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/271701/infected-unable-to-use-computer-no-desktop-toolbar-unable-to-access-internet/
Relevancy 45.58%

OS is Windows XP. The computer is 6 years old & have never had problems. Recently I'm unable to access internet Explorer. The white page appears and the "connecting" message...and there it stays. Also, I'm unable to download .net versions 2.0 through 3.5, which appears to prevent me from downloading other programs. One tech tried to assist me remotely & ultimately suggested seeking help from a Windows specialist--thus my finding tech Suppor Guy--great!! --Dutch--

A:Unable to access Internet Explorer; unable to download .net versons 2.0 through 3.5

would suggest system restore to before this happened first.if thats not possible post back

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-internet-explorer-unable-to-download-net-versons-2-0-through-3-5.941202/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello Recently my computer has been progressively getting worse or so it seems At first all that I was limited on was going to a handful of sites that I tried Facebook Hotmail Yahoo etc Currently I am having difficulties getting on more and more sites sites that I had been recently able to get on In my attempts to take care of the problem on my own I downloaded Malwarebytes IObit Malwarefighter and ran recovery manager to set my computer back to factory condition I knew because I did the recovery that it upgrades... Unable access unable download sites; to certain various to was going to most likely not work so I saved files and documents I wanted to save on a thumb-drive Malwarebytes and Unable to access certain sites; unable to download various upgrades... IObit claim to have found nothing but I can t seem to upgrade Malwarebytes as the program crashes when it scans for an update Since I recovered my computer I cannot watch anything on Netflix on any browser and I still can t access any of the websites I was unable to I went onto Wikihow and tried Unable to access certain sites; unable to download various upgrades... to reset my quot hosts quot file but it seems whatever I did could have just been more damaging than helpful I am not Unable to access certain sites; unable to download various upgrades... quite sure I am running Windows as an operating system on an HP computer I have looked at threads you have done or solved in the past and some of the solutions that worked for other posters did nothing to cure my problem Thank you for reviewing my issue and if I need to post any more information to get things rolling just let me know Nathaniel Logs Below -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Odometer hpsysdrv exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Remote Solution HP Remote Solution exe C Program Files x hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Nathaniel Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPDSK R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPDSK R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPDSK R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPDSK R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Windows Live Sig... Read more

A:Unable to access certain sites; unable to download various upgrades...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-certain-sites-unable-to-download-various-upgrades.1077968/
Relevancy 44.29%

Good denied IE, updating Unable to display when access update drivers, no access windows morning I have a system that has had numerous issues mainly virus related I have cleaned the system and show no virus activity but I m still having issues Late last week the system was stuck in a loop it wouldn t boot to Windows at all no safe mode no normal mode I resorted to a Windows repair from the install disk It worked to a certain degree I am now able to get Unable to access IE, access denied when updating display drivers, no windows update into Windows but can not open IE and I can not install a display driver I am unable to access Windows Update but was able to Unable to access IE, access denied when updating display drivers, no windows update set automatic updates to install lots of updates including SP but I am still unable to make any changes Initially when I attempted to open IE I would get a window saying that IE had to close instantly I attempted to reinstall IE and I attempted to install a newer version of IE Neither worked If I chose to install the updates with the install I would get an access denied error if I chose not to install the updates with the install it would look like it worked but now when I click on IE I get quot Error loading C WINDOWS System inetcpl cpl The operating system cannot run quot In device manager I have no drivers installed on my display adapter If I try to update it it looks like it s going to install but then I get quot Cannot install the hardware Access is Denied quot Any assistance or insight into this would be appreciated

A:Unable to access IE, access denied when updating display drivers, no windows update

On any system with a number of issues...it's often better to do a clean install to wipe the slate clean, rather than hope that you have patched all known and unknown issues, IMO.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402072/unable-to-access-ie-access-denied-when-updating-display-drivers-no-windows-update/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi Tech Support!

About 3 days ago, I stopped having access to sites such as Hotmail, Facebook, eBay on my laptop at home. The pages will not load for me but other sites (such as this one, thank goodness!! can be accessed)

Please help me as I won't be able to check my hotmail at work either as that is blocked too.

Let me know what I have to show you guys as I am very computer illiterate.

Thank you so much!

A:Unable to access secured sites like Hotmail/Facebook/eBay (but able to access others)

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/unable-to-access-secured-sites-like-hotmail-facebook-ebay-but-able-to-access-others-379457.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey everyone My girlfriend has had her computer for well over a year now Recently it's been crashing alot mostly with the bluescreen but on occasion just freezing Errorcode on bluescreen is STOP x B xF D xC x x Recently it has been impossible to enter windows so we figured it'd be best to re-install windows All we have is a windows XP CD which is fine But when I put in the CD it crashes with the same blue screen I googled the errorcode and I found access and re-install to unable windows Unable to out that alot of people has had simmilar issues and fixed it by going into BIOS and changing SATA mode from AHCI to IDE but i cant find anything in BIOS that allows me to do so Here's a couple of the Unable to access windows and unable to re-install links I found on google with suggestions on how to fix Unable to access windows and unable to re-install it Hard disk not detected Solved Installing XP STOP x B xF D xC x x - Cyber Tech Help Support Forums The computer is Acer

A:Unable to access windows and unable to re-install

I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests (in your case, please start with the Hard Drive diagnostics). They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.
If you find hardware issues, here's a link to the hardware forums: Hardware Support - Tech Support Forum

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)
There are also free, bootable antivirus disks at this link: Free Online AntiMalware Resources - Bootable Disks
If you find malware, here's a link on how to post in the Security Center: NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/unable-to-access-windows-and-unable-to-re-install-594181.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi there My Lenovo Thinkpad laptop got infected by several pop-ups and unwanted programs over the course of the weekend I launched Avast anti virus which got rid of the pop ups and I ve manually deleted some of Malwarebytes, run Unable to unable help! Internet, to access the programs fake cleaners etc I did not personally download during the time of attack I am currently running windows dumb enough to click the trial duh The laptop is extremely slow now I have problems accessing the internet from Unable to access Internet, unable to run Malwarebytes, help! all major browsers citing DNS errors on Microsoft Edge Chrome and Opera However I am able to access the internet using Avast s Safebrowse internet browser I have copied the FRST logs as per the rules Thank you in advance Code Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Mikhail administrator on LIWANAG - - Running from C Users Mikhail AppData Local Temp scoped dir Loaded Profiles Mikhail Available Profiles Mikhail amp DefaultAppPool Platform Windows Pro Version X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Edge Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool URL http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool URL Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Lenovo C Windows Unable to access Internet, unable to run Malwarebytes, help! System ibmpmsvc exe AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe AVAST Software C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows CpuEssentials CpuEssentials exe C Windows SysWOW CpuHeatMapping CpuHeatMapping exe C Windows cSysSecure SysSecure exe Conexant Systems Inc C Windows System CxAudMsg exe SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION C Program Files EPSON EpsonCustomerResearchParticipation EPCP exe Seiko Epson Corporation C Windows System escsvc exe Lenovo C Program Files x Lenovo RapidBoot HDD Accelerator FBService exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility CamMute exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPHKSVC exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility TPKNRSVC exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility vcamsvc exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo VIRTSCRL lvvsst exe Microsoft Unable to access Internet, unable to run Malwarebytes, help! Corporation C Windows System mqsvc exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnhService exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY tphkload exe Ulead Systems Inc C Program Files x Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe Nalpeiron Ltd C Windows SysWOW NLSSRV EXE Nitro PDF Software C Program Files Common Files Nitro Pro NitroPDFDriverService x exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY micmute exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY tpnumlk exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo VIRTSCRL virtscrl exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY tpnumlkd exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe Synaptics C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynLenovoHelper exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System rundll exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY mkrmsg exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files CONEXANT ForteConfig fmapp exe Avast Software C Program Files AVAST Software SZBrowser SZBrowser exe Conexant Systems Inc C Program Files CONEXANT cAudioFilterAgent CAudioFilterAgent exe Lenovo C Windows System TpShocks exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility TpKnrr... Read more

A:Unable to access Internet, unable to run Malwarebytes, help!

Hello,
Please use Upload a File button to attach your reports.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/unable-to-access-internet-unable-to-run-malwarebytes-help.63643/
Relevancy 44.29%

hi, i bought lenovo ideapad 100s-11lby  win-10 recently  and i give to my freind to use he change password & forget  i am unable access to windows please advice me how to make restore factory settings i try to format with usb in option FN+F12  i can see boot option but when i try to select  up and down arrow is not working kindly help me how to solve my problem

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/unable-to-access-windows-amp-also-unable-to-format/td-p/3323561
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi I'm posting this here in an attempt to fix a problem access ok, safe access mode to network - is is internet ok Unable with a laptop with no internet access in normal windows mode I believe I've cleaned all viruses off but need independent verification Spybot S D and MB's AntiMalware both report a clean machine but again would like verification Here's the DDS log and the attach file is attached DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Reason at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Norton On-access scanning enabled Updated A F BC C-EA - - Unable to access internet - safe mode access is ok, network is ok C- C FW Norton enabled C A - A C- AD -A E - C FBF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS Unable to access internet - safe mode access is ok, network is ok System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS Unable to access internet - safe mode access is ok, network is ok eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files Safari Safari exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Documents and Settings Reason Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp hotmail com uSearch Page hxxp www google comuSearch Bar hxxp www google com ieuDefault Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q suURLSearchHooks AOLTBSearch Class ea - - db- f -d ca fb c d - c program files aol aol toolbar aoltb dlluURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO e a - - d f-beae-d a c - c program files common files symantec shared coshared browser NppBho dllBHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c program files spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dllBHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dllBHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO AOL Toolbar Launcher c - cb - a -b f - ea c f - c program files aol aol toolbar aoltb dllBHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch B E dllBHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c program files bae BAE dllTB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllTB AOL Toolbar de c f- - a - b-aa ed d - c program files aol aol toolbar aoltb dllTB Show Norton Toolbar -f - -b -fbee c b df - c program files common files symantec shared coshared browser UIBHO dllTB amp Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program fi... Read more

A:Unable to access internet - safe mode access is ok, network is ok

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/231154/unable-to-access-internet-safe-mode-access-is-ok-network-is-ok/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I am unable to access my task manager on Windows 7 as administrator. Whenever I try to access it a Command window flashes on the screen quickly and that's it. Same thing happens when taskmgr.exe is clicked. 

I was able to capture the command window error as the following:

C;\Users\<name>\Documents>REG and HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System  /v  DisableTaskMgr  /t  REG_DWORD  /d  /0  /f
ERROR: Access is denied.

Any help with this would be appreciated. I have checked that TaskMgr is enabled in the registry, and have ran AVG and Malwarebytes and they didn't come up with anything. 

Thanks again for any help on this one.

A:Unable to access Task Manager - Error: Access is denied

blue gravity,

Please confirm that the command that is attempting to execute is the following:

REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
This command is trying to enable task manager but the command prompt that is trying to enable task manager does not have the permissions to do that.

Please try the following:

Click Start
Type cmd
Right click cmd.exe
Select Run as administrator
type "REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f"
Press enter
Close cmd.exe
Log out
Try to open task manager

If this does not work, or you believe your computer might be infected, please follow the instructions found at Am I Infected, as I am not authorized to assist with the removal of malware.

Thank you,

packetanalyzer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596534/unable-to-access-task-manager-error-access-is-denied/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I am unable to access my task manager on Windows 7 as administrator. Whenever I try to access it a Command window flashes on the screen quickly and that's it. Same thing happens when taskmgr.exe is clicked. 

I was able to capture the command window error as the following:

C;\Users\<name>\Documents>REG and HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System  /v  DisableTaskMgr  /t  REG_DWORD  /d  /0  /f
ERROR: Access is denied.

Any help with this would be appreciated. I have checked that TaskMgr is enabled in the registry, and have ran AVG, Malwarebytes, TDSS Killer, RKill and Combofix and they didn't come up with anything. 

Thanks again for any help on this one.

Please initiate a new topic, following Steps 6- 8 of Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html and also paste in the results from your ComboFix log.  Initiate this new topic in the forum which contains the Prep Guide instructions I have linked to, do not post it here.

After that is done...this topic in AII will be closed.

Thanks .

Louis

MRL topic posted at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596572/unable-to-access-task-manager-error-access-is-denied/ , this topic is now closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596543/unable-to-access-task-manager-error-access-is-denied/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I am unable to access my task manager on Windows as administrator Whenever I try to access it a Command window flashes on the screen quickly and that's it Same thing happens when taskmgr exe is clicked I was able to capture the command window error as the following C Users Brian Documents gt REG and HKCU Software to Task access Access - Manager denied Unable is Error: Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System v DisableTaskMgr t REG DWORD d f ERROR Access is denied Any help with this would be appreciated I have checked that TaskMgr is enabled Unable to access Task Manager - Error: Access is denied in the registry and have ran AVG Malwarebytes TDSS Killer RKill and Combofix and they didn't come up with anything Here is the FRST logs NetSvcs Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist it will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately One Month Created files and folders If an entry is included in the fixlist the file folder will be moved - - - - - - C Users Brian Downloads FRST txt - - - - - - D C FRST - - - - - - Farbar C Users Brian Downloads FRST exe - - - - - - C Users Brian Downloads hijackthis log - - - - - - Trend Micro Inc C Users Brian Downloads HijackThis exe - - - - - - D C Users Brian AppData Roaming Process Hacker - - - - - - C Users Brian Desktop Process Hacker lnk - - - - - - D C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Process Hacker - - - - - - D C Program Files Process Hacker - - - - - - wj C Users Brian Downloads processhacker- -setup exe - - - - - - C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Microsoft Office Excel Viewer lnk - - - - - - D C Program Files Microsoft Office - - - - - - D C Program Files MSECache - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Users Brian Downloads ExcelViewer exe - - - - - - Kaspersky Lab ZAO C Users Brian Downloads tdsskiller exe - - - - - - Bleeping Computer LLC C Users Brian Downloads rkill com - - - - - - C Users Brian AppData Local census cache - - - - - - C Users Brian AppData Local ars cache - - - - - - C Users Brian AppData Local sponge last runtime cache - - - - - - Trend Micro Inc C Windows system Drivers tmcomm sys - - - - - - Trend Micro Inc C Users Brian Downloads HousecallLauncher exe - - - - - - C Users Brian AppData Local housecall guid cache - - - - - - C Users Brian Documents TaskManager bat - - - - - - C Windows PFRO log - - - - - - C ComboFix txt - - - - - - D C Qoobox - - - - - - C Windows PEV exe - - - - - - C Windows MBR exe - - - - - - NirSoft C Windows NIRCMD exe - - - - - - SteelWerX C Windows SWREG exe - - - - - - SteelWerX C Windows SWSC exe - - - - - - C Windows sed exe - - - - - - C Windows grep exe - - - - - - C Windows zip exe - - - - - - D C Windows erdnt - - - - - - R Swearware C Users Brian Downloads ComboFix exe - - - - - - C Windows setupact log - - - - - - C Windows setuperr log - - - - - - D C Program Files Mozilla Firefox - - - - - - D C Users Brian AppData Roaming AVG - - - - - - C Users Public Desktop AVG Protection lnk - - - - - - D C ProgramData Avg - - - - - - D C Users Brian AppData Local AvgSetupLog - - - - - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Windows system Drivers avgldx sys - - - - - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Windows system Drivers avgmfx sys - - - - - - D C Program Files Common Files Java - - - - - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Windows system Drivers avgidsdriverx sys One Month Modified files and folders If an entry is included in the fixlist the file folder will be moved - - - - - - C Windows Tasks Adobe Flash Player Updater job - - - - - - C Windows Tasks GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA job - - - - - - H C Windows system B FB - B- e-B - C E B - P- C -A - d- - D A - - - - - - H C Windows system B FB - B- e-B - C E B - P- C -A - d- - D A - - - - - - C Windows WindowsUpdate log - - - - - - C Windows Tasks GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore job - - - - - - D C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared - - - - - - D C ProgramData MFAData - - - - - - D C ProgramData NVIDIA - - - - -... Read more

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Here is the FRST logs:Your your is not complete. Please post the complete FRST log for my review.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596572/unable-to-access-task-manager-error-access-is-denied/
Relevancy 43.86%

After upgrading to W10 I also uppgraded the bios.  Booting is successfull but the "ESC"-option to enter Bios does not appear.  Tapping ESC or F10 has no effect. The booting proceeds and W starts. If however I press either one of them continously after power on the unit starts beeping and has to be shut off. I have emptied the CMOS by removing the RTC battery and pressing the power button for 30 secs.  With and without the main battery inserted. No change. Any suggestions anyone?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/No-Bios-access-after-w10-and-bios-upgrades/td-p/5706783
Relevancy 43.86%

hi
my son was on the internet on his IBM Thinkpad when numerous pop ups flashed up on the screen.

since then the program/document files on the c drive were all hidden, and we have been unable to get onto the internet.
i have managed to find the document files, but still no internet, and we are unable to access safe mode, or safe mode with networking.

when you try to go into safemode or safe mode with networking you get message saying a problem has been detected
you then have the option to go to the 3 safe mode types again. however this appears to be a never ending circle of error message, and back to this page!
the computer will start normally

any help will be most appreciated

gav

A:no internet access / unable to access safe mode

Welcome aboard Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdatePress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/444825/no-internet-access-unable-to-access-safe-mode/
Relevancy 43.86%

I cannot connect to the internet using Internet Explorer but can connect successfuly with Firefox I am using a wired connection through a 'speedtouch' router supplied with AOL Broadband I can to Mozilla IE with access Internet Firefox access but Unable with have AVG Free which i have recently re-installed and completed a full scan in which infection was found called FREDDY exe Unable to access Internet with IE but can access with Mozilla Firefox It also found instances of Spyware which it described as Generic Adware It also several low level warnings ALL OF THE ABOVE HAVE BEEN MOVED TO THE AVG VIRUS VAULT Contents of the DDS txt log are shown below DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Kerry Wolverson at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Unable to access Internet with IE but can access with Mozilla Firefox WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgscanx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Kerry Wolverson Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar hxxp g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS FORM TOOLBR uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search live com results aspx q searchTerms amp src referrer source uStart Page hxxp www google co uk uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt uInternet Settings ProxyServer http localhost uSearchURL Default hxxp g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS FORM TOOLBR BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat reader activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Need Find Bar BHO d c e -a a- b-bcdb- b ef d - c program files need find bar bin ND FNBAR DLL BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO AVG Security Toolbar a a -bacc- d - - a e e - c progra avg avg AVGTOO DLL BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google googletoolbar dll BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper bdbd dad-c - a -adc - b b ff d - c program files windows live toolbar msntb dll BHO x - No File TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google googletoolbar dll TB E B E -A D- B-B - B B - No File TB Windows Live Toolbar bdad dad-c - a -adc - b b ff d - c program files windows live toolbar msntb dll TB AVG Security Toolbar a a -bacc- d - - a e e - c progra avg avg AVGTOO DLL TB B EAC - D - B E- B -A C A A - No File TB CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun SynTPLpr c program files synaptics syntp SynTPLpr exe mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun Cpqset c program files hpq default settings cpqset exe mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exe mRunOnce KB rundll exe apphelp dll ShimFlushCache dRun CTFMON EXE c windows system CTFMON EXE dRun swg c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE B... Read more

A:Unable to access Internet with IE but can access with Mozilla Firefox

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Please don't bold your posted logs. It makes them harder to read. Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unable-to-access-internet-with-ie-but-can-access-with-mozilla-firefox-367039.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a new Alienware PC from Dell and I am trying to get to the BIOS to make a few changes. From the doc, I understand that I need to hit the F2 key when the prompt is displayed, but it never is. Nor is the prompt to boot in safe mode. If I start using the F2 key early, the system just presents a black screen and the PC seems to stop. If I am too late, it boots normally.

I'm feeling that maybe behind that black screen is the BIOS but since I am using HDMI from my graphics board to the monitor, maybe there is a problem with the monitor displaying that primitive a signal. Any thoughts.

A:Unable to get to BIOS

Hook up a normal display until you get BIOS setup as you want it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/261113-unable-get-bios.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Win x Acer- Everything seems to be working fine but as the title suggests when i unable disk Boot and in Menu, access boot to to Unable System Recovery tap F the Advanced boot options DO appear but when i engage quot Repair Windows quot it just goes into a normal boot Ive tried booting from my installation CD that i've purchased from Acer but Unable to access System Recovery in Boot Menu, and unable to boot disk does nothing And Yes My CD Drive is working as well having this set as top priority in BIOS and CD is in good condition In addition to this ive tried using the quot Advanced Recovery options quot from within Windows itself but when i go to click restart computer i get an error message with red-x stating windows is unable to restart Additional info that may be relevant is that a few months ago i had a friend work on my computer because windows wouldnt boot at all When My laptop was returned to me everything was fresh but there was missing programs etc He said he had to format the hard drive to get it up and running again Anyway i appreciate any help as to what i should i do next or answer any questions you may have-Thank-you

A:Unable to access System Recovery in Boot Menu, and unable to boot disk

Quote:
He said, he had to format the hard drive to get it up and running again.

What type of Windows DVD was used?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/325567-unable-access-system-recovery-boot-menu-unable-boot-disk.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello guys I'm a new user and hoping to get some advice I am still running a stock Dell Dimension E with XP SP Media Center Edition Recently I attempted to access the BIOS setup F at loading screen and realized that I couldn't access it I figured maybe legacy USB was disabled so I removed the CMOS battery to reset it Now since I reset the CMOS it wants me to run setup to verify the date BIOS navigate to Unable but I get the ridiculous keyboard failure error followed by instructions to press keys on the keyboard it claims Unable to navigate BIOS not to recognize Oddly enough if I press F to go to setup it takes me there But once I get there the Number Lock light on the keyboard comes on and I can't manuever with the arrow keys If I skip the BIOS setup by pressing F to continue I am left with the option to boot from a disc After I post this my next objective is to swap my drives around until I can access my HDD but even then Unable to navigate BIOS I am left with no access to my BIOS Also I should mention that this particular motherboard has no PS ports so I can't imaging the default BIOS setting disabling USB but from what I gather it seems to be the issue Has anyone else run into this issue I searched the forums and found a similar topic but couldn't manage to find a definitive solution

A:Unable to navigate BIOS

After poking around the forums, I must apologize for jumping in feet first and throwing my frustrations at unsuspecting strangers without even saying "Hi my name is JT". I admit, I scrolled through the "Read Me/Terms and Agreements" frantically searching for the words "I AGREE/ACCEPT". At the time, I was troubleshooting and rushing to get answers. But that is no excuse for poor manners.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502826/unable-to-navigate-bios/
Relevancy 41.71%

I got new RAM today and I want to set my M5A78L-M/USB3 ASUS

The RAM I got is at 1600Mhz but it is only Running at 937Mhz I was told to put my BIOS to XMP mode, but I have looked everywhere on it and cannot see any "RAM profiles" or anything like some other people have.. thanks.

regards
,Andrew

Merry Christmas )

A:Unable to fin the XMP profile on my BIOS..

Hi Andrew .... Read the Link below ... What you are looking for is Under the Tools Menu ...
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...78L-M-USB3.pdf

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/356285-unable-fin-xmp-profile-my-bios.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I am using Windows XP 32 Bit in Core 2 Quad Processor. I have also installed nVedia graphic card of 512MB.

My computer is booting in normal mode, but if I want to boot in Safe Mode or use BIOS, its not working.

I have tried pressing on F1, F2, F8, Delete key, etc.. But, I am not getting any options.

Is there any way that I can boot in safe mode or to access BIOS?

Relevancy 41.71%

This is weird I was going to just leave with that but I figure it might help to explain lol I have Windows Pro bit First I had trouble getting into my bios as into to does to OC work not and BIOS get USB Unable the keyboard and mouse did not initialize until the log in screen showed up I was able to find out how Unable to OC and USB does not work to get into BIOS to get the PC to automatically go into the bios from windows But when I got there I could not do anything because the USB keyboard and mouse were not enabled I was finally able to get my PS keyboard working I got into the bios and discovered that partial USB support is enabled so the keyboard and mouse should work I enabled full USB support anyway Booted it up then restarted and my USB keyboard and mouse still do not work So I restarted and got into the bios via my PS keyboard and went to overclocking like my original intention was I set all my values booted it up waited for my stress test software to update then started the stress test It was then I realized that there was no OC at all along with no turbo I had turned off the turbo anyway as normal I went into the bios and all my OC settings were still in place But they never showed up in Windows I have some OC values that were set before like XMP and the spread spectrum on both CPU and PCIe set to disabled Should I reset my bios or could this be a new Windows thing with both the OC values and the USB not starting right away My system i k on an Asus Rampage IV Black ed MB gb of G Skill Trident X mhz RAM set through XMP EVGA GTX

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/64934-unable-oc-usb-does-not-work-get-into-bios.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have an older HP Pavillion AV976AV desktop PC that when booting immediately enter the Windows startup. I've tried every key possible to enter the BIOS. Every once in a while I could see the splash screen that describes the setup key, but only for about one third of a second. I finally videoed it and was able to stop the action on that split second, and I see where F10 is supposed to enter the setup, but it doesn't. It simply goes into Windows almost instantly. Does anyone know how I can enter the BIOS setup on this machine?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Unable-to-Enter-BIOS-at-All/td-p/5819420
Relevancy 41.71%

If it press reset or about every 6 weeks my pc will not boot. The power light goes on but nothing happens. I have to reset the bios but I have no idea what causes it. Any ideas

Relevancy 41.71%

My the Unable to enter bios problem is not being able to enter the bios on a MSI K N G after rebuilding a spare pc with my old motherboard which was working OK prior to the rebuild the Unable to enter the bios only difference in the set up is that there is no floppy drive fitted just a hard drive CD and CDRW drives The screen shows Main Processor AMD XP Mem test K M Shared memory Dram Clock for DDR Primery Master C L oAVV -V A A Primary Slave None Secondary Master None Secondary Slave R RW x x V Floppy Disk Fail CMOS Checksum Error- Defaults loaded Press F To Continue Del to Enter Set Up Nvida-Nforce- A BM C- but neither work as the Unable to enter the bios keyboard does not seem to be working i e No response from any key no caps lock num lock lights showing Key board works fine on other PC Have removed the battery and cleared CMOS by altering the jumper setting but still back to square one Tested battery voltage is OK Hard drive OK have also tried a floppy Unable to enter the bios drive but still no joy with it fitted even tried with no drives connected but still get same result I have taken the MB out of the case in case something was grounded Still get the same results Hope some one can help as I don t know what to try next thanks in advance nbsp

A:Unable to enter the bios

Welcome to TSG....

For help entering BIOS:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-enter-the-bios.577736/
Relevancy 41.71%

HELOO SIR I FOUND THE PROBLEM LAST 4 DAY THAT MY WIFI DRIVER AUTO UNINSTALLED WHEN SYSTEM RESTART OR SHUT DOWN.NOW I HAVE TO AGAIN INSTALLED DRIVER SO MANY TIME THAN MAY BE INSTALLED I CAN'T FOUND TO UPDATE MY BIOS SO PLEASE HELP ME

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/UNABLE-TO-UPDATE-BIOS/td-p/5713778
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello, There doesn't seem a solution anywhere in the forums nor knowledge base I have an E51-80, trying to update the Bios, downloaded the file, extracted to a folder, then I started unlockme.bat as instructed (64bit version, same goes for 32), however, I get the error in picture 1. Now if I try to start the batch file with Run as administrator, it goes in an endless loop trying to locate the delay.exe in the windows\system32 folder but unable. The reason I am trying to update Bios is because the Windows signin options does not recognize my finger scanner. Could anybody help please? thanks

1.jpg ?139 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/E51-80-unable-to-update-Bios/td-p/3457865
Relevancy 41.71%

I ve been trying unsuccessfully to update BIOS so that I can upgrade my processor from a MHz to a MHz pentium Unable upgrade to BIOS currently I have a Pentium MHZ MHz bus MB ram windows XP home To update BIOS the Motherboard is an Intel D HV with chipset I downloaded Intel s flash memory update Unable to upgrade BIOS utility created an upgrade boot disk and rebooted the computer But I get the following error messages H update BIOS does not match currently installed BIOS type H The flash dataimage read from disk was found to be not valid S BIOS ID validation failure - flash update was unsuccessful However I m positive I have the correct upgrade - the motherboard is D HV as identified by a software ID program and I saw the label on the motherboard I ve checked and rechecked the intel website to make sure that I downloaded the correct upgrade I ve tried the following things in addition I removed the CMOS battery for min reinserted it and then tried to reboot with the upgrade disk I also changed the jumper setting for BIOS repair - but when I did that the floppy didn t work so I guess the upgrade disk is not the same as a recovery disk I have also tried the express BIOS upgrade program and that doesn t work either Anyway nothing I ve tried has worked I posted about this awhile ago and someone suggested that I force the upgrade - does anyone know how to do that If you do please give reasonably detailed instructions - I ve never done this kind of thing before Thanks nbsp

A:Unable to upgrade BIOS

trying to force a bios upgrade could end you up with a trashed Bios and a system that wont boot.

it is possible that the file you downloaded is corrupted and you could try downloading it again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-upgrade-bios.39131/
Relevancy 41.71%

Had a power crash, since then can't boot to HD. Can boot to floppy or cd drive. Installed a controller card, didn't fix, put in new HD = no effect, new cable = no effect. Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 41.71%

I am unable to successfully update the BIOS on my EliteBook 840 G1 from 01.12 to 01.36 even though I have suspended BitLocker protection, and the Update utility indicates successful file copy and then has me reboot. After the reboot, it boots straight into Windows immediately with no change in the BIOS version or any visible errors. What must I do to get this update (SP76009) to actually work and update the BIOS? Thank you.

A:Unable to update to BIOS from 01.12 to 01.36

#HPExpertDay Hello, Sometimes BIOS? have a hard time updating if it is a big jump in versions. What I usually try first in this situation is to try to install a version right after the one you currently have installed, which would be Version 1.30: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_144059_1 After that, I would try to install Version 1.32:http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_151244_1 Finally I would try to install the most recent version, the one you have been trying, Version 1.36:http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5405097&swItemId=ob_165717_1&swEnvOid=405... If you are still having issues with the BIOS update after trying that, contact Elite Support (1-866-625-1175) as something may be wrong with hardware. I hope this helps, thanks!

I am an HP employee.Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking my answer ?Accept as Solution? if it solves your problem.***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Unable-to-update-to-BIOS-from-01-12-to-01-36/td-p/5628964
Relevancy 41.71%

i have bought laptop from ebay(was school laptop) battery will not charge but shows plugged in, i get message that it is result of outdated bios(A00 the update is A06). I tried to update bios,but the first problem was no system image.  i have done this.  i have made anopther attempt to update bios, this time tbe bios will not update due to battery not being charghed to 10%. i can't charge the the battery.
  Is there a way to update bios or do i have to get another battery?
i did contact sell of battery issue before all of this and got new battery per sellers recommendation. He has not aware of this problem the battery WAS 50% charged.  i have no problem with buying another battery if there is no other way.

A:unable to update bios

Check to see whether the AC adapter is recognized by the system (F2 at powerup).  If it's not, the battery won't charge. 
If the adapter isn't recognized, it's not a BIOS issue - try a new OEM Dell adapter first.  If that doesn't solve the problem, and the DC jack is replaceable, replace the DC jack in the system.  If this is a model where the DC jack isn't replaceable or replacing the jack doesn't fix the problem, the mainboard will need to be replaced.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19662347
Relevancy 41.71%

Any help will be appreciated as i have totally messed up my BIOS to enter unable PC win xp home sp I intended to re install windows on my c drive as a fresh installation to format my hard drive I pressed the delete key and entered the BIOS to set it to boot from CD and tried to install windows It wouldn t boot from CD so i unable to enter BIOS stupidly went ahead and installed win xp home anyway It installed a a partition on my c drive still leaving the original files intact Now when i start my pc i get a choice of windows xp installations but the arrow keys on unable to enter BIOS the keyboard do not move seconds countdown and widows opens in the new partition pressing delete now does not work so i cannot get into the BIOS I would still like to format my pc i now have floppy disks to boot from floppy but i can t get into the the BIOS to set it to boot from floppy disk Help please nbsp

A:unable to enter BIOS

if you are able to boot from your floppy i would say get a MSDOS boot disk with that you chould be able to get to a command promt and use Fdisk to delete the partitions and remake one to use for new install, also note if you use fdisk to delete and remake partitions you need to do a format c: at the prompt so you can use the partition also the windows xp installer should have a format system with it if you can boot from that install cd you can delete the partitions from there as well when you choose what partition you want there should be an option to delete them as well.

i hope this information is helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-enter-bios.729490/
Relevancy 41.28%

I normally access my work email using Microsoft Outlook Web Access. Recently, when attempting to do so, a page loaded asking to obtain a certificate. I did and now am unable to log in to my account. This has happened before on a computer when I first attempt to use Outlook Web Access but I was always able to log in. Does anyone have a solution/ Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-microsoft-web-access.854510/
Relevancy 41.28%

HI FOLKS, I HAVE PROBLEM THAT AS OF YET I AM UNABLE TO SOLVE. I AM UNABLE TO GET IN TO THE SETUP MODE ON MY CLEVO LAPTOP TO ENABLE ME TO FORMAT THE DRIVE AND REINSTALL WINDOWS XP PRO. I PRESS F2 IT THEN GOES INTO THE BIOS SETUP UTILITY, AND TELLS ME TO ENTER THE PASSWORD, THAT I DO NOT KNOW, IS THERE ANY WAY TO DISABLE THIS PASSWORD SO I CAN GET IN TO SETUP MODE. I WANT TO UNINSTALL WINDOWS XP, AND THEN REINSTALL. I HAVE 2 DRIVES ON MY LAPTOP,D WHICH HAS 2GB AND C WHICH HAS 25 GB, I HAVE HAD A LOT OF FEEDBACK BUIT ALAS TO NO AVAIL, THE BIOS SETUP SAYS PHOENIX, I HAVE TRIED THE GENERIC PASSWORDS BUT THEY DON'T WORK, ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED

thanks moosep856

A:still unable to get password FOR PHOENIX BIOS

Welcome to techspot...

Look in your mainboard manual for instructions on how to "clear cmos" or similar. Basically, it's a little jumper on the mainboard that erases the BIOS settings (which is where the password is stored).

Once you've done that, enter the bious, and load failsafe defaults if you don't know how to set it up as you'd otherwise want it, and proceed to only change the things you understand, or that are related to any problem you are having (and it helps if you understand those!)

Lastly, just a bit of kind advice, but please don't continue to post all in caps (uppercase). Apart from looking untidy, many consider it to be equivelant to shouting, and so it's considered impolite (just simple nettiquette).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/still-unable-to-get-password-for-phoenix-bios.44977/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, i went into the driver support and found a updated bios "BIOS_Acer_P01.A2L_A_A" for my veriton X4620G windows 7 x64 (My currrent is BIOS_Acer_P01.A4). I downloaded the Bios file and try to flash but error pop up. So can anyone help please, thanks...

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Unable to flash latest Bios, help

L Bios is for flashing PC under Linux enviroment.  and you BIOS is the latest P01.A2P01.A4 (higher revision)

http://community.acer.com/t5/Veriton/Unable-to-flash-latest-Bios-help/td-p/377179/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 41.28%

I would like to change the boot order in my BIOS, but nothing on the keyboard will work. I reboot, and the splash screen for Gigabyte comes up. I hit the delete or F12 button and the BIOS screen comes up. Then nothing I do on the keyboard works. I have to hit the reset button.

Since I can start the BIOS using the keyboard, I know that the keyboard is working before the Gigabyte screen comes up.

How to repair, fix or workaround?

Thanks for any help.

A:Unable to change BIOS settings

If your motherboard supports it, you may have to use a PS/2 keyboard, and then make sure Legacy USB devices are enabled.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/238259-unable-change-bios-settings.html
Relevancy 41.28%

For pending upgrade been advised intall update to BIOS Unable to update BIOS This is on a Dimension E nbsp BIOS I have downloaded the new BIOS Unable to intall BIOS update nbsp nbsp file DME - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I put in on an empty USB stick nbsp checked USB stick can be read and file is visible Went into BIOS and checked on board devices gt USB controller ON front USB ON Then did a restart to boot menu with F It gives option to boot to USB-ZIP I select that screen blanks then after a pause I get message on screen Remove disks or other media Press any key to restart If I press any key just get same message at each key press Do I need to make USB bootable I did a little googling and came across an article that said to use CMD prompt and DISKPART However couldn t proceed as when I used list disk it only shows HDD not the USB so could not proceed Do I need to make it bootable if so is there another way

A:Unable to intall BIOS update

OK .... seems I was reading wrong info .... I managed to make USB drive bootable on another PC ..  but also found that BIOS file will install by simply running it.
Why so may references to booting to USB drive and going that route - no idea.
Anyway now update to 1.1.11

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19987074
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, i went into the driver support and found a updated bios "BIOS_Acer_P01.A2L_A_A" for my veriton X4620G windows 7 x64 (My currrent is BIOS_Acer_P01.A4). I downloaded the Bios file and try to flash but error pop up. So can anyone help please, thanks...

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Unable to flash latest Bios, help

L Bios is for flashing PC under Linux enviroment.  and you BIOS is the latest P01.A2P01.A4 (higher revision)

http://community.acer.com/t5/Veriton/Unable-to-flash-latest-Bios-help/td-p/377179
Relevancy 41.28%

pc = Dell 4700

it does not seem to be recognising any PCI devices...

I've looked in the BIOS and cannot find any reference to PCI..

any suggestions ?

Relevancy 41.28%

Hello I was upgrading a friend s Computer with a new CDRW Liteon and Meg SDRAM The Computer is an old Gateway Pentium Mhz I hooked everything up and then it started happening I started getting a weird error about quot WIndows is not in good configuration quot and so on I checked all the connections and everything is Unable Enter BIOS to Setup good I have the Hard drive Unable to Enter BIOS Setup on Primary Master CDRW on Secondary master and Unable to Enter BIOS Setup CD-ROM on Sec Slave I disconnected everything and tried to put it back the way it was but now I can t even access BIOS I keep hitting F and I see it blinking at the bottom quot Entering set up quot and then I get a long beep and then two short ones and a display on the screen quot B Error quot I know that F is for entering BIOS because I entered it prior to install to see what the configuration was I tried to boot with a start up disk and I get the same error quot B boot error hit F to resume quot If I do that then I am able to get to the set up screen but if I try to access C it tells me that quot This program has caused a device flow error please contact system vendor quot I tried to boot with just the floppy and hard drive with the same result OS Windows BIOS Chip Intel AMI Hard drive Quantum Fireball GB Onboard LAN Graphics and Sound Please help before I have to replace this computer Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

I want to use virtualbox software it says in settings that you need to enable the virtualization option in host system to add more than one cpu.But in the bios i was unable to find the option.Please help me.

A:Unable to see virtualization option in BIOS

may not support it. make sure you look up the processor you have and check if it supports it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-see-virtualization-option-in-bios.177946/
Relevancy 41.28%

I?ve never had to set the BIOS password, but the kids are growing up and I need to lock access to my PC.

My Bios has two Password Options: Supervisor and User.

The Supervisor password was accepted, and before I attempt to change the BIOS settings, the Supervisor password is asked for.

Then I set the user password.

However, when I boot up the PC, I am not asked for any password and windows loads as usual.

What am I missing?

The BIOS is Award Software International, Inc. F4 HI 07/03/2007

A:Unable to set BIOS user password

Do you have the option mentioned below?

Setting a BIOS Password

Now you'll want to set your system to ask for that password every time it boots, so select the BIOS FEATURES SETUP option, to see a menu something like this:

Fairly obviously, it's the Password Check option we're interested in, so select it and change the setting to ALWAYS.

etc....Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-set-bios-user-password.183774/
Relevancy 41.28%

At first there was a message: "Secure Flash Authentication Failed'. Then I've disabled "Secure RollBack Prevention" option. The message has disappeared but BIOS version has stayed the same (1.19). No error message was shown.

A:T450s: unable to update BIOS from 1.19 to 1.20 ver...

Same issue here.I can not update version 1.19 to another version. How to fix this (on the T450S).Disabled already the security-settings in the bios.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T450s-unable-to-update-BIOS-from-1-19-to-1-20-version/td-p/2247944
Relevancy 41.28%

I have an Acer Travelmate 803LCI laptop running windows XP.

It has been experiencing power management problems ie, the battery is showing 33% charge but then shuts down without warning of low power. After a crash due to the battery runing down I am unable to get past the intial bios readout. I am instructed to press F2 to enter the setup program but pressing this or any other key has no effect and I am unable to get into the setup or windows program.

I am unable to boot from the system and recovery CD's.

Is this a windows, BIOS or hardware problem? Any help appreciated.

A:Unable to get past BIOS readout

Have you tried safemode

keep tapping f8 on boot

try last good configuration

joan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-get-past-bios-readout.524193/
Relevancy 41.28%

I just installed a new hard drive. When I turn the computer on it won't go any farther than the hp Pavilion screen. I've tried to get into the Bios settings by pressing F1 at start up, which does take me to the Bios screen, but I can't navigate around in it with the key board. The start up screen shows: CPU=Intel (R) Celeron (R) Processor 766MHZ...256M System Ram Passed...128K Cache Sram Passed...System Bios Shadowed...Video Bios Shadowed...Mouse intialized..The it list my new hard drive and CD &DVD drives

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-navigate-in-bios-settings.539960/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a acer aspire one notebook D257-13404 :confused and am unable to install os due to not being able to acess bios to change drive to read cause password was forgotten and was not able to access by using acer passwords either. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A:unable to install os without accessing bios

sorry no password help, please read the rules before posting again

Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with (or ways to bypass) a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site. As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.Click to expand...

All I can suggest is taking it to an authorised Acer repair centre, who can reset the bios for you, after checking if it is listed as stolen or lost etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-os-without-accessing-bios.1086739/
Relevancy 41.28%

Two months before i update my alienware r to windows after the update i noticed that my audio jack aren t working but i was busy with my work at that time so i decided to ignore it A week before i try to reinstall the audio driver but after i installed the audio driver both my audio jacks and speaker are not working so i called up the shop where i purchase my laptop from and they told me to optimize my laptop system and updates in dell s product support website So after optimizing theres two new updates which is the chipset and bios update The laptop freeze during the bios update after freezing for around hours there was a windows error window pop up saying R2 bios to Unable 17 on Alienware after update that windows have to restart after i try to restart the laptop there is no any video lights and power at all Call up the tech support they ask me to try and on it with either the power supply or the battery but both way wont work And my warranty ended at June Alienware 17 R2 Unable to on after bios update so the tech support suggested me to bring to any computer shop to repair and i visited a few shops none of them can repair alienware So i call back the customer service and ask can i bring to Dell s service center to repair and she said NO Im like really Dell doesnt even service my laptop cause my warranty is over for a few days Can anyone help me out with this Ps sorry for the bad english not my first language nbsp

A:Alienware 17 R2 Unable to on after bios update

Hi ZHOUWEI24,
When you press the power button, do you see any leds come on? Do you hear any beeps? Do you see any leds come on with or without the power adapter connected? When was the last time the battery was charged? When the adapter is connected to the system, does the light on the adapter stay on and stable?
Try powering on the machine by pressing the fn key + power button or D key + power button and see if it comes on.
Download the service manual - http://dell.to/1tjfh1F and reseat the memory modules and see if the system powers on.
Write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name, Phone, Address and Email) for case records, I shall check the warranty options and keep you posted about further course of action.
Keep us updated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982610
Relevancy 41.28%

The v1.26 BIOS process on Win10 (Build 14915) seemed to be successful but no flash update occurred on the reboot. No error messages were displayed.  BIOS is currently at v1.24

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Unable-to-update-BIOS-to-v1-26-on-X1-20A7/td-p/3425164
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi again I've trying to update the bios using steps from instructions but I nbsp receive the same error nbsp Users Marius Desktop d cn ww WIN bit gt SET ERRORLEVEL C Users Marius Desktop d cn ww WIN bit gt echo Delay sec Delay sec C Users Marius Desktop d cn ww WIN bit gt delay exe C Users Marius Desktop d cn ww WIN bit gt wRwECx exe Compal Electronics INC Author STD SID TEAM Utility WinPE wRwECx exeWARNING THIS PROGRAM IS FOR INTERNAL USE ONLY Copyright C Compal Electronics INC All rights reserved DLLLB ERROR WTDMDRV Unable to install driver ERROR Load driver fail Error Code x CplProject Initialize fail Desktop d cn ww WIN bit gt IF goto Tag Desktop d cn ww WIN bit gt IF NOT goto NG Desktop d cn ww WIN bit gt echo Fail gt gt log txtDesktop d Lenovo to Bios unable update B51-80 cn ww WIN bit gt goto TagDesktop d cn ww WIN bit gt echo Delay sec Delay sec Desktop Lenovo B51-80 Bios unable to update d cn ww WIN bit gt delay exe Desktop d cn ww WIN bit gt wRwECx exe nbsp How can it be fixed

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-B51-80-Bios-unable-to-update/td-p/3444340
Relevancy 41.28%

I would like to update the BIOS on a Vostro 430 desktop of my clients', however, when I go to run the file for the update (SYEO-240.EXE), I end up with with the attached error. Could somebody please shed some light on why? Thank you/

A:Unable to update BIOS on Vostro 430

Hi DrPepper86,
Did the BIOS file downloaded completely? If not, use this link to download the file. You may find the steps in the below mentioned video useful:
Update your Dell PC's BIOS in 99 Seconds
If the above two steps (viz. downloading and installing) have been performed correctly and still the error appears, are your installing the BIOS file as an Administrator? If not, please ask your client to login as Administrator and then attempt to install the file.

Do reply with results.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19526793
Relevancy 41.28%

Dear Someotherguy or any expert who may help me,When I powered up my X230, I pressed 'enter" to get access to the startup interrrupt menu, unfortunately I am unable to choose my options listed in the interrupt menu, no matter I pressed F1 for bios set up or F12 for boot options, it led to a black page shown initializing boot agent with version shown with a cursor blinking, and I was stucked there, I need to power off my laptop and restart, there is no problem of entering the OS but I have no access to bios setting and I can not reinstall my OS with USB boot. I am grateful to anyone who may help me of aforementioned.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:X230 unable to enter bios set up, need help PLEASE

This issue should be fixed with version 2.x of BIOS for T430/T530/W530/X230/X1C

For X230 there is BIOS 2.02 that solves this issue.

ISO:  http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?&DocID=DS029188
Windows:  http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS029187

If you go with the ISO version, it may be necessary to physically remove the HDD to get the system to boot to the CD.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X230-unable-to-enter-bios-set-up-need-help-PLEASE/td-p/891263
Relevancy 41.28%

I already clear the cmos but still i cant go to the bios setup, it pops up "enter setup password" i clear cmos but nothing happen, what can i do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/unable-to-enter-bios-setup/td-p/5788579
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey there, I have an Emachines 14170 w/ winxp home.

It went unused for nearly 2 months while unplugged.

Today, I plugged it in to format the harddrive and reinstall windows XP pro, and The computer will only beep for 10 second or so intervals. No display or anything.

The disc drive still ejects and the like, so I asked a techy friend, and he said the best problem would be it was bumped while unplugged and a few wires are loose inside. Second best would be it may need a replacement battery. And it could very well be a memory problem.

Is there a non-intrusive way to fiddle with this before I crack the case? I've never opened up a system and I'm hesitant to do so.

Relevancy 41.28%

Hello folk, I got back my laptop s540 which has been repaired by lenovo (motherboard replaced).I'm now unable to flash the bios. The current one is 1.53, and the sleep mode doesn't work on linux (if i close the screen, it reboots on opening). months/years ago, i flashed the previous motherboard without issue. It's a dual boot install (windows 10/debian testing), but i mainly use debian. On windows 10, when i launch the flash tool, it reboots but nothing is done.I've tried to boot the tool on a usb disk made from the iso file, but i've got the same behavior (https://workaround.org/article/updating-the-bios-on-lenovo-laptops-from-linux-using-a-usb-flash-stic... I'm stuck: wifi works only at 3meter from the access point and i can't sleep the laptop. Any advice or solution is welcome. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Unable-to-flash-bios-on-s540/td-p/3350794
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,
I'm currently using a MSI 865G Neo2-P motherboard with a P4 2.8(HT) CPU.
I'm unable to enable the HT function in the BIOS.
What should I do?

Relevancy 41.28%

Lenovo B570e Situation: I want to install Windows on my laptop via my USB. Therefore I want to change the boot order but the only way to get into the BIOS is by removing my HDD.(Function keys have no effect) So I removed my HDD. My Boot Order looks like this: http://puu.sh/oDtss/1fd7f728bc.jpgI assume the ! standing before Boot Menu is there for no good reason.I've reloaded the setup defaults but this did not solve my problem. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Unable-to-install-OS-BIOS-troubles/td-p/3318817
Relevancy 41.28%

i have had my computer nearly months now and has worked fine up until recently It was working I`m Computer into freezing to unable get and bios. fine one day and then it switch itself off i tried booting it up again and came up with safe mode options when i selected an option the computer froze and sometimes restarts itself I Computer freezing and I`m unable to get into bios. have tried starting it in safe and normal but still freezes and i am unable to get onto the BIOS this has been Computer freezing and I`m unable to get into bios. happening for a while but the other day it worked fine for about Computer freezing and I`m unable to get into bios. hours and then the same happened i thought it might have been overheating so i cleaned the heat sink and made sure all the fans are working Temperature when idle before the problems started was C Tried different power supplies and monitors but nothings helping Spec Pentium Dual Core Ghz GBRam GB HDD using Windows XP Home Edition service pack Any help would be greatly appreiciated Please use proper thread titles from now on Thanks nbsp

A:Computer freezing and I`m unable to get into bios.

If you are using the stock heat sink have you checked that all four legs are correctly fastened into the motherboard.

It doesn't take a lot of jarring to dislodge one or more and poor heatsink contact will either throttle your cpu (best case) or close you down.

IF you can get it started again, have a look at the error messages in System Events (control panel, admin services) and see what caused the earlier crshes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezing-and-i-m-unable-to-get-into-bios.75630/
Relevancy 40.85%

turned on computer and found my onecare was not opening up Onecare removed several viruses yesterday which is not normal since I do not go online Safe Bios! Unable Enter To Or Mode much with this computer Unable To Enter Safe Mode Or Bios! I didn't write down the names I completed all steps in your guide and used all the programs you listed as well as I went to the Onecare site and ran the update malware repair and got onecare working and ran it and removed Ferbink B and Ntlin A Didn't find anything online about these I did HiJackThis and removed about items once again did not write them down Down below is a copy of the latest HiJackThis and it appears the only file to come back is ctfmon exe which I believe is for my windows office software The comp is working fine and onecare is working but I can still not log in to safe mode or bios It appears my keyboard does not function until windows is completely loaded Nothing happens when pressing f or f and once I made it to the screen that has the selection for safe mode by turing off then on the computer before it shut down properly which made the computer go to that screen on the next boot but my up and down arrows did not function and it automatically went to regular windows after timing out Also tried to boot to my windows disc but when the screen read quot hit any key to boot from cd quot the keys did not work and it booted to the drive by the way it says quot invalid boot ini quot It appears I need to rebuild my boot ini but don't know how to do that since I can not boot to my windows cd nor can I boot to safe mode I'd like to run all my malware software in safe mode as well It appears I've done some damage to the beast but the beast still has control of my machine Also I have two machines and I switch between the two The other machine has no problem with the keyboard working before windows is fully loaded and I can enter bios and safe mode with no problem I could previously enter bios and safe mode on the infected machine but now can not It as I said appears to have disabled my keyboard before windows is fully loaded Please help and thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C windows System smss exeC windows system winlogon exeC windows system services exeC windows system lsass exeC windows system svchost exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exeC windows System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC windows system spoolsv exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC windows system nvsvc exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live OcHealthMon exeC windows system svchost exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Firewall msfwsvc exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winss exeC windows System svchost exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exeC windows Explorer EXEC windows system RUNDLL EXEC windows system ctfmon exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run OneCareUI quot C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C windows system ctfmon exeO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Wind... Read more

A:Unable To Enter Safe Mode Or Bios!

was it something I said?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/164855/unable-to-enter-safe-mode-or-bios/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have downloaded the correct BIOS update from the site multiple times and I have tried both the Windows 7 install that came shipped and booting from a Windows XP (PE) CD. Whenever I try to update the BIOS I get the following message from the "Toshiba BIOS Package" program is: "This computer is not supported".

The file that is linked from either selecting the model manually or by auto detection is P0076v290_EC72V190.exe.

Has anyone been able to flash the BIOS on this model? My thoughts are that the site is linking to the wrong download? Has anyone got a working BIIOS update?

A:Satellite Pro S500-11C - Unable to update BIOS

Hi cremeegg,

On preinstalled Windows 7 from Toshiba, is Value Added Package installed? This tool is necessary for the BIOS update.

Also load the default settings in BIOS for updating it.

Was the mainboard exchanged on your notebook? This could be also a reason due wrong DMI information?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?60404-Satellite-Pro-S500-11C-Unable-to-update-BIOS
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm able to update the bios using the window utility or the bootable cd method.  I am currently running Windows 7 Pro 32 bit on the laptop. Current Bios is 1.07 trying to update to 2.27. Below is the link I used for the Windows 7 utility .http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-63024 When I select the Update ThinkPad BIOS I get an error message saying "BIOS image file cannot be found. The utility process has not been completed. Then I downloaded the window 7 bootable cdhttp://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-63027 Once I booted into the cd and selected "Update system program" I get an error that says"The system program file was not found on the CD. Insert the correct CD in the drive. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Unable to update Bios on my T60 Type 8744-5BU

Hi and welcome to the forum!

The reason is simple, you've widescreen model which has different BIOS (I've exact same model btw and I had updated my BIOS using correct link):- 

Windows version: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS015026?
Bootable version: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS013952?

Hope this helps.

------------------------------------------------------------Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]IdeaPad: U350Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a Kudos!Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!   Lenovo Deutsche Community     Lenovo Comunidad en Español Visit my YouTube Channel

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/Unable-to-update-Bios-on-my-T60-Type-8744-5BU/td-p/449755
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all,Yesterday night I upgraded my BIOS setting.After that I am unable to login the Ubuntu i.e. it was showing password is incorrect(infinite log-in loop).Even I tried to login grub also but that one also asking username,password. It would be great for your assistence.Thanks in advanced.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/After-BIOS-update-I-m-unable-to-login-the-Ubuntu/td-p/5672762
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, I have an issues that I am unable to resolve after some major investigation. I am unable to enter the BIOS Setup. On the startup I press ESC until a menu appears. On that menu I press F10 (BIOS Setup), however it continues to Windows Boot screen. The sane thing happens with F9 (Boot Device Options). Thank you for your help in advance. Best Regards,András Lendvay

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Envy-6-Unable-to-start-BIOS-setup/td-p/5792715