Windows Support Forum

Screen pixelating when scrolling, then freezing. Screenshot included

Q: Screen pixelating when scrolling, then freezing. Screenshot included

Can anyone please help me fix the problem shown in the screenshot below? My screen starts to pixelate with strange colours, then eventually freezes. I've had a message pop up saying my display driver has stopped working, and has been resolved as well. All my drivers are up to date and my OS is Vista. Please say this can be fixed easily...I'm not the most technical person on the planet!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Screen pixelating when scrolling, then freezing. Screenshot included

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Screen pixelating when scrolling, then freezing. Screenshot included

Are you using a separate GPU or onboard VGA?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-pixelating-when-scrolling-then-freezing-screenshot-included.161138/
Relevancy 88.58%

This has been happening for a while now, but only recently has it become a problem. I can no longer run my laptop in normal mode, and have been reduced to using safe mode. Attached is a picture of what the screen looks like when it freezes.

The screen isn't broken, or the pixelation would go away. The crashes don't register in BlueScreenView, either.

Please help me if you can.

A:Laptop freezing and screen "pixelating".

Did you try to reinstall your video driver?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/381640/laptop-freezing-and-screen-pixelating/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi, i turned on my computer to find this screen facing me. It happens as soon as the computer turns on and stays like this but flickering changing colours here and there. Any ideas or questions for further details needed? My specs are

ASUS P5B motherboard
intel core 2 quad q6600
Nvidia Geforce 7300Le 256mb PCI-e
1024mb ddr II 667Mhz PC5300 Memory

Thanks in advance, I am really confused as i cant even get into Dos mode or anywhere!

A:Computer will not start up, weird screen: screenshot included

It would appear that there is an issue with the video card, if you have a card, if the video is part of the mother board it could still be an issue with the card. I am assuming that this computer has never worked, if it has, and this just started, again the first place I would go is the bios, check to see that all is correct there, then try another video card, if you have a card, if not them check the video connections to the monitor, if the monitor is a flat panel one it may only accept digital format not both analgo and digital. Not sure what a diital format would look like on an analog monitor but could be crazy like this. I build my own computers that is I assemble the sections then purchase a buble pack OS and allways use video cards which allows some trouble shooting options. Hope this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-will-not-start-up-weird-screen-screenshot-included-425531.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello!

First off, I am running Windows 8 64bit Enterprise with an Intel 2nd gen i7, 8 processors, and 12GB RAM.

My questions is if there is an application about there that will let me grab a screenshot of a window's content that you would have to scroll down to see. For example, there was a table on Adobe's website which I wanted to take a screenshot of but you had to scroll down in order to get the full table. I would have had to take a few screenshots and then manually stitch them together in paint/GIMP.

Is there a program out there where I could have screen-grabbed something that doesn't fit in the window and would require scrolling to see the rest?

Thanks in advance!
Rich

A:Solved: Take a Screenshot While Scrolling

I have used FastStone Capture to take Scrolling Screenshots. Works great most of the time. Some places it can't grab in a frame.
Like XP Add/Remove I could not get more then the top of the list because each time I click anything it go to the top of the list.

http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm

FastStone Capture 5.3 was last free version.

Best Free Screen Capture Tool

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-take-a-screenshot-while-scrolling.1105066/
Relevancy 67.94%

Anyone know what this is? My screen will just pixelate and get very blurry quite often and I have to restart the computer to fix it. I am wondering if I am in need of a new video graphics card or something else. Please help..... thanks.

A:Screen pixelating?

A screenshot and complete system specs would be very helpful here.

There are many things that can cause the screen to go haywire. The first thing to look at are your video drivers. Make sure you are running the latest version for your display adapter and maybe check the core temp. Sometimes when a video card overheats it will either distort the screen or cut out all video. There is the possibility of what is called "artifacting" in which your best bet would be to buy a new adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-pixelating.107249/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a HP Envy Notebook with an Nvidia video card. I just completed the large windows 10 update, while online my screen suddenly started... pixelating? and making my screen go fuzzy, so after a couple seconds of me scrolling around blindly it went away. Then a minute later it came back and took over my whole screen (not just the window), and the text (that I can make out) is in like 3 different languages. It's splitting up the screen virtically into stripes and mixing up everything on the screen, like it broke everything into stripes and scrambled it around. I can't even get on it right now I'm having to use my phone to post on this forum. It seems to get worse when I move the laptop. Please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-pixelating-rolling-stripes/td-p/5725921
Relevancy 62.78%

So I got this strange little red/white exclamation that is telling my that my system is infected.obvious spy/adawareAd-Aware personal SE did not get rid of this.please help, and thank you.

A:Please Help Me With Some Adaware/virus (screenshot Included)

Whatever you do, don't click on either of those buttons!As a first step, if you have not already done so, use Ad-AwareSE, Spybot, and AVG Anti-spyware applications to scan your hard drive and allow them to remove any malware they find. (All of these applications are free, and be sure to update them before running them). Links to these can be found here:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.htmlLet us know the results.Cheers,John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/71862/please-help-me-with-some-adawarevirus-screenshot-included/
Relevancy 62.78%

I keep getting this rundll error and I cant find anything on it at google. Or atleast not my problem...http://img437.imageshack.us/img437/7565/rundllerror6er.jpgWhat do you think?I have both norton and AVG updated and have scanned my computer but nothing.

A:Rundll Error I Keep Getting...screenshot Included

Looks like malware. Those oddball characters aren't normally used in legitimate program names.

What do you mean Norton and AVG are both updated? You can't run two antiviruses at the same time.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/32565/rundll-error-i-keep-gettingscreenshot-included/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello everyone I recently got this BSOD Already happened twice this week It happened before but then it just stopped So the first time this week I got it after I played a game Now today I got it while i was working in word and had some background music on youtube I can predict the crash because when its going to happen couple things happen First my sounds gets robotic seems like i'm having lag on it Second my mouse is not fluently moving anymore And third my wireless internet stops working usb adapter TP-Link TL-WN N I hope I gave u all the information u need so u can help me fix this A small problem screenshot nothing included doing while specific, Random BSOD I have a dumpfile but its a kerneldumpfile and its kinda to big to attach it here So i uploaded it on Dropbox I have no idea if u can do anything with it I changed the option to make a small memory dmp now Random BSOD while doing nothing specific, screenshot included so next time i have th BSOD I will be able to upload that one http dl dropbox com Random BSOD while doing nothing specific, screenshot included u MEMORY zip

A:Random BSOD while doing nothing specific, screenshot included

From the screenshot it appears to be a stop 0x101.
You follow the guide STOP 0x101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT troubleshtg.

Probably there will be a solution for your issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/262668-random-bsod-while-doing-nothing-specific-screenshot-included.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Ok so everything except my games work in vista When I Games in vista, unplayable included screenshot open up a game I get what it is seen in my attached picture below that is a screenshot of world of warcraft When I alt tab out of World of Warcraft I get the same jagged lines except Games unplayable in vista, screenshot included they become the color of my desktop and are flashing so I have to restart my computer Half Life seems to be working however counter strike source does not I get the same jagged lines HOWEVER I am able to alt-tab out of counter strike Games unplayable in vista, screenshot included most of the time so I was able to take a print screen of the jagged lines and lo and behold when I pasted the screen it was a perfect image of the counter strike menu not the jagged lines I am at a loss here I have installed the latest vista drivers from the nvidia website the latest beta vista drivers for my sound card etc Here are my specs Core duo E Asus P W DH Deluxe GT Gigs of corsair ram Creative X-Fi sound card Any help would be greatly appreciated also if anyone needs more info symptoms let me know Thanks Marc nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Ok So my spybot always finds virtuemonde on my computer and claims to remove it but right after i reboot it always appears again Infected Rightmedia**Screenshot and Included** with Virtuemonde on scan Im geting alot of popups and my computer is really running slow Here is my Infected with Virtuemonde and Rightmedia**Screenshot Included** hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes D WINDOWS System smss exe D WINDOWS system winlogon exe D WINDOWS system services exe D WINDOWS system lsass exe D WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe D WINDOWS Explorer EXE D Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe D Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe D Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe D WINDOWS system spoolsv exe D PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe D Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe D Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe D Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe D Infected with Virtuemonde and Rightmedia**Screenshot Included** Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe D Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe D Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe D Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe D WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe D Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe D WINDOWS system LVComS exe D Program Files Logitech Video LowLight exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe D Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe D WINDOWS system wscntfy exe D Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe D Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe D Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe D Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe D Documents and Settings Kristian Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - D Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - D Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO no name - F - DD - F C- - A E BFF - no file O - BHO no name - b e d- fa - b- -d cc f fe eb - no file O - BHO no name - A FF - C - C -A E- C F D C - no file O - BHO e ff e - e -d a- - d a - a - d - -a d- e e ff e - D WINDOWS system djyjwr dll O - BHO no name - C F - F- DF - C -DA C - no file O - BHO no name - - E - D - BE- FFBA E E - no file O - BHO no name - f b ad-a - d- f -cf bfcb dd - no file O - BHO no name - A D- BF- - -D BC ACEC F - no file O - BHO no name - FCFD - A B- E -A EB-C C A F A - D WINDOWS system pmnnOgeB dll file missing O - BHO no name - A - - EFF- D - B - no file O - BHO no name - B B D- F - - E - E F AEE - no file O - BHO no name - C EA E -B CE- E - - F E E - no file O - BHO no name - E F- C- C - D -E FEE EE F - no file O - BHO no name - e -cfa - af- ccd-c ee af df - no file O - BHO no name - c -a - b- -d ff c - no file O - BHO no name - c fb- af - d-a be-b cf c - no file O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - D PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - a ac-d d - -bfbb- da - no file O - BHO no name - D -D A - E- CB -E FC - D WINDOWS system ddcBqnmN dll file missing O - BHO no name - F - B - C-A C - A AC - no file O - BHO no name - B -CBAC- FE -BF B-A F D - no file O - BHO no name - C FA - - F D-ACE - E DEE - D WINDOWS system ssqRJBRh dll file missing O - BHO no name - de cf f- f- d- c - c f c bd - no file O - BHO no name - B AC B - E - E - DAF-E E AA C - no file O - BHO no name - E A EC - C- C -A - B B A - no file O - BHO no name - D C-C - E -AA -E E DBE D - D WINDOWS system cbXNGywU dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - D Program Files Java jre bin ssv... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/infected-with-virtuemonde-and-rightmedia-screenshot-included.732200/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello,

I just upgraded to Vista SP 2, and IE 8 and was just trying to add a new site to the Internet Explorer Trusted Sites in Security, and found that everything is greyed out.

I did a bunch of Googling, and did not resolve my issue (checked registry, cleared cookies, etc).

I have now come to find out that it is also greyed out for other employees at my company. I am guessing this might be something in a group policy, but I don't know how to resolve it. The systems administrator was fired, so we all are kind of at a loss at what to do

Any ideas? Screenshot below.

Version of IE: IE 8.0.6001.18865
Operating System: Vista Ultimate SP 2 (others are on XP)

Thanks
Jay

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-8-trusted-sites-greyed-out-screenshot-included-449013.html
Relevancy 62.35%

So, look at this mp3 file:
Screenshot by Lightshot
See that image that's displayed on it? Is there a way I can save that as a separate image, or rip it somehow?

A:How do I save an album image from an mp3? (screenshot included)

Personally I use TagScanner to extract the image to file:

http://www.sevenforums.com/music-pictures-video/386704-how-do-i-save-album-image-mp3-screenshot-included.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello I had previously posted my problem in the quot Am I Infected quot forum boopme referred me to the Preparation Guide and had me follow steps through and instructed me to start a new post here This is a screenshot of warning of trojan? included Screenshot or SSDT ZW the warning I ve been receiving I still have to chuckle at how it s worded I have a Dell GX running Windows XP Pro SP I m experiencing constant redirection issues and warning messages telling me how infected I am The original post with log results from GoredFix ATF and Super along with instructions from boopme can be found at http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic htmlI have attached quot Attach txt quot and quot SSDT or ZW trojan? Screenshot of warning included Ark txt quot as instructed Here is the DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost SSDT or ZW trojan? Screenshot of warning included exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEsvchost exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exeC Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext wmplayer exe ICWLaunchmWinlogon SfcDisable - xffffff d BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dlluRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun SUPERAntiSpyware c program files superantispyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeuRunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate c windows system macromed flash FlashUtil i Plugin exe -update pluginmRun avgnt quot c program files avira antivir desktop avgnt exe quot mindRunOnce nltide rundll advpack dll LaunchINFSectionEx nLite inf C NmPolicies-explorer NoDesktopCleanupWizard x IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeIE DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - - F - D - - D F - c progra spybot SDHelper dllDPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF B BE E -A C- D -A DC- - hxxp cdn zone msn com binFramework v ZPAFramework cab cabDPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabHandler belarc - E AB- E - D -B ED- CC A F - c program files belarc advisor system BAVoilaX dllNotify SASWinLogon - c program files superantispyware SASWINLO DLLNotify AtiExtEvent - Ati evxx dllSSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dllSEH SABShellExecuteHook Class ae d - afb- e - a-ebb f a da - c program files superantispyware SASSEH DLLHosts www spywareinfo com FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c docume owner applic mozilla firefox profiles cqhiroa default FF - prefs js browser startup homepage - http www google comFF - plugin c documents and settings owner local settings application data google update npGoogleOneClick dllFF - plugin c program files mozilla firefox plugins npFoxitReaderPlugin dllFF - HiddenExtension Java Console No Registry Reference - c program files mozilla firefox extensions CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA FF - HiddenExtension Java Console No Reg... Read more

A:SSDT or ZW trojan? Screenshot of warning included

After reading other posts, it looks like I'm on the road to formatting and re-installing Windows. I'm going to cut my losses and just do it. Thanks to all that helped.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/350159/ssdt-or-zw-trojan-screenshot-of-warning-included/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all when trying to install Freespace 2 on Windows XP SP2 i get this error:

Any ideas, thanks, i get it with quite a few games. Also with Dune 2000.

A:Solved: Freespace 2 error (screenshot included)

Considering the age, I think that it may not be able to play on XP. I'm assuming that you used compatibility mode? It does say that it can run on Windows 2000 so try changing the compatibility mode to that first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-freespace-2-error-screenshot-included.464417/
Relevancy 61.49%

Computer; 1.1 Ghz, 128mb RAM, 32mb Nvidia Geforce 2 MX/MX400 which is more than enough for the game. However the kits don't show up for some reason. I've tried re-installing and the same thing happened.

http://img117.imageshack.us/my.php?image=problem3wr.jpg (you can just see the number on the back of the shirt)

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-problem-with-fifa-2002-screenshot-included.458421/
Relevancy 61.49%

Trying to help a friend out with their printer problem. They are printing from a WindowsXP laptop over a network. The laser printer is hooked up to their desktop in another room.

Everything will be fine and dandy, printing works no problem, and then all of a sudden the que will get jammed up with OLD jobs, and you won't be able to print until you clear it.

I've cleared the jobs multiple times, even deleted the printer and added it again, same thing.

here is a screen shot...

notice the date on the print jobs, they are from 2008! where the hell are these things coming from? and why do they keep coming back even after you clear them.

A:Print Que Problem, Full of Old Jobs (Screenshot included)

Try this:

Click START, click RUN, type SERVICES.MSC in the run line and click OK.
Scroll down the list of services and Double-Click Print Spooler.
Click the button to STOP the service. You may get a warning that stopping the spooler service will also stop other dependent services like FAX. Make note of the other services that will be stopped and click YES. You can leave that window open.

Navigate to C:\Windows\system32\spool\printers and delete everything in that folder.
Close that window, click START on the Print Spooler service (and any other services that were stopped in the earlier part of this process).

Click OK to close the Services manager.

Click START, CONTROL PANEL (Classic View), Printers and Faxes.
Check the print queue again---refresh the view if you need to.
The queue should be clear.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-que-problem-full-of-old-jobs-screenshot-included.891620/
Relevancy 61.06%

this is the only time that i have ever had a problem with memtest not working properly the computer is an ibm personal computer pl cpu is pentium II i haven t had the computer long only a couple of weeks it was given to me with mb ram two sticks of mb hyundai hyn v pc i wanted to see if i could add more all i had available were mb sticks according to the crucial site i have numerous options and that the pc mb stick i have should work the stick is almost identical to what is in there this stick is hym v only one digit is different i can run memtest with either the original two sticks or add the third stick and i get the same thing acting beep codes-screenshot included strange, memtest the screen looks like this http img imageshack us img oct jpgthe ram seems to be working though now there are two beep codes when starting first a long beep with three short ones a long silent period then a one-quick-beep the computer seems to be working ok considering having only mb ram does anybody have any idea why memtest is not working i just used the cd-rom to install a linux distro so the cd-rom is probably ok and should i be concerned with the beep code i received any advice or tips would be appreciated

A:memtest acting strange, beep codes-screenshot included

What linux distro did you install? Can you find out if all of the ram is being seen by the linux distro?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/354026/memtest-acting-strange-beep-codes-screenshot-included/
Relevancy 61.06%

I'm trying to extend the partition of my windows 7, but that option is grayed out when I do it from a free partition manager bootdisk and also while in windows. I'm done with vista anyways, so I'd like to delete that partition, however it was there first, and I dont want to go through a bootmgr nightmare again.

I've looked through several older threads where the steps include (backup) boot with free boot cd, mark win7 partition as active, delete vista partition, try to reboot a handful of times until it repairs itself. Is this what I should do?

What files do I copy to the win7 partition manually?

A:elminating vista partition, disk management screenshot included...

Yes, there is actually an easier way. First, remove the Vista drive from the computer, and then run a startup repair once or twice. If it does not detect any installation, mark the 7 partition as active, and then run a startup repair.

Startup Repair

Partition - Mark as Active

That should write a new boot loader to the 7 partition. You can then reattach the Vista drive, and then change the hard drive boot priority in the BIOS to make sure the drive with the 7 partition on it is first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/100322-elminating-vista-partition-disk-management-screenshot-included.html
Relevancy 61.06%

While can't harddrive Screenshot I [SOLVED] Phantom up, that included free space I was going through files and transferring some of them to my External HD I meant to click on [SOLVED] Phantom harddrive space that I can't free up, Screenshot included quot Delete this folder quot However I accidentally clicked on quot E-mail this folder's files quot Nothing really happened except a tiny lag in my system for a few seconds so I didn't think anything of it at the time Fast-forward to minutes later I was checking my HD space in quot My Computer quot and I noticed that I had an extra GB's that were being taken up in my C For example I had Gigs of free space before I clicked on quot E-mail this folder's files quot and afterwards I had Gigs of free space I know for a fact that it's connected because said folder that I had clicked on minutes earlier was GBs I didn't lose the folder thank god but instead I think it was copied somewhere else The thing is I've looked all through my files to see what folder it could have been copied in so I can free the space back up but I CAN'T FIND IT Where did the [SOLVED] Phantom harddrive space that I can't free up, Screenshot included copied GB folder go BTW to be sure a few minutes ago I clicked on quot E-mail this folder's files quot on a MB file and the same thing happened My C had MB taken up and I can't find the copied file so I can delete it Here's an example of what I clicked on Any help is much appreciated

A:[SOLVED] Phantom harddrive space that I can't free up, Screenshot included

Try this . . first set Windows Explorer to show hidden files . . then do a search for the folder name that you "sent to email" . . if that does not do the trick, search for files and folders with the date you did this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-phantom-harddrive-space-that-i-cant-free-up-screenshot-included-168251.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey

yea, thats about it...
here's a screenshot:

(it should show my external hard drive and my phone... but it doesnt)

Helllpppp guyysss!

A:Ejectable hardware doesn't show in my computer... USB/Phone/ETC! Screenshot included!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ejectable-hardware-doesnt-show-in-my-computer-usb-phone-etc-screenshot-included.864773/
Relevancy 55.47%

I've tried twice now to manually install the Anniversary Update via the client: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...setting_client . Every time it finishes the download, then starts installing it, only to pop up this message:
When I click refresh, nothing happens. The app isn't specified and I cant click on Manually uninstall or anything! Anyone else encounter this? How are you supposed to know which app is incompatible if it's not even specified???

A:Anniversary update problem "Uninstall this app now" (screenshot included)

Windows 10 Anniversary Update common problems and how to fix them | Windows Central

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/435221-anniversary-update-problem-uninstall-app-now-screenshot-included.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Guys Have a problem with the web page sticking whilst trying to scroll Occasionally the whilst freezing Page scrolling ?? scroll wheel just does not work well it physically works but the Page freezing whilst scrolling ?? page doesn t and then the scrolled page catches up with itself if you know what I mean I have tried a Page freezing whilst scrolling ?? different mouse with no joy The same thing occurs when say just typing this the letters seem to freeze after I have typed and then catch up in a hurry as if there is some built in delay I have seriously checked for spyware and other nasties and I keep my computer very clean Running Windows XP and firefox I have reinstalled firefox to an earlier version but still does not make any difference I have downloaded the latest video drivers and set the screen to the max of Mz The task manager says the cpu is only at just over when this happens and the hard drive light is not flashing at all While I have been typing this it has frozen for a few seconds on occasions - looks like it is inbuilt Apart from a rather drastic clean reinstall of XP I cannot think of anything else Please anyone got any clues for me Regards Michael nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/page-freezing-whilst-scrolling.849659/
Relevancy 52.46%

I want to take a screenshot of the login screen so I can show people what it looks like.

A:How do I take a screenshot of the Windows 7 login screen?

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 19:52:05 +0000, windows7supporter wrote:

By doing the following actions:

1.) Getting a digital camera

2.) Use the digital camera to take a photo/screenshot of the "login screen"

3.) Take the memory card out of the digital camera stick it into the small & skinny slot on your CPU

Please note the following two points:
You undoubtedly mean "computer," not "CPU." CPU is an abbreviation for
"Central Processing Unit." In modern personal computers, the CPU is a
relatively small electronic chip, an integrated circuit. It sits on
the motherboard, inside the computer's case. It is not the case
itself, nor is it the total computer, which includes the case and
everything within it.
I'm not sure how the incorrect practice of calling the whole computer
the "CPU" began, but here's my guess: when you buy a computer, you
normally get the case and what's in it, along with a monitor,
keyboard, mouse, and perhaps a printer. All of these peripherals
connect to the case. Because everything connects to the case, the case
is "central" to everything else and the term "Central Processing Unit"
was misunderstood and misapplied to it.
2. Your computer may have a reader for flash memory cards, but it is
far from true that all computers have them. Moreover, even on a
computer that has one, it may not have one for the correct type of
flash memory card for the digital camera in question.
To put point 2 into perspective, there are six computers in my house
at this moment. Only one of the those six has a flash memory card
reader, and it can read only one kind of card. I have two digital
cameras, and each uses a different type of card. The computer with the
reader can read the cards used in only one of the two cameras.
Ken Blake

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5545ad8c-5688-4607-b8d0-27de29abef4e/how-do-i-take-a-screenshot-of-the-windows-7-login-screen?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello long time reader first time poster I ran into a problem today with my XP system While browsing the web the graphics on my screen seemed to go crazy There were all different colors of what appeared to be little tilde s the character on my screen They generally were present where there had been a window that was open and they would mostly be confined to the place of that window e g if I opened the start menu and closed it there would be a patch of disfigured color in the rectangle where it was Anyway I rebooted my system thinking that would fix it and saw a bunch of Startup (with screenshot) Screen Black on disfigured characters on my BIOS screen and while it booted in general I included a screenshot of the character Black Screen on Startup (with screenshot) disfiguration at this point It gets through to the Windows splash screen with the loading bar and from there the screen goes black The system and monitor are still on I had the latest video drivers for my card I have tried to boot from the original Windows XP CD and use the recovery feature without any luck My system specs are GeForce GT GB Black Screen on Startup (with screenshot) RAM -bit processor AMD Athlon X Gigabyte motherboard GB HD I run at x resolution I built this machine a year ago and have never had any problems with it up until now It s unlikely that it has a virus I do a system wide scan twice a month and the last scan happened to be days ago Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful I ll check back here as often as possible with updates Thanks nbsp

A:Black Screen on Startup (with screenshot)

Bump -- still no luck after leaving it off overnight.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-on-startup-with-screenshot.845314/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all,

I am new to these forums, just registered.

I have a question I am hoping someone here can answer.

Q) How can I get a screen shot of my logon (password entry) screen ?

I am using Vista 64bit Home Basic, I have tried using the PrtScr SysRq key, then Ctrl + v in paint, when the desktop loads, but it doesn't work. I have tried searching the forums, seems using a virtual machine is the only way, but is there another way to do this ? Software perhaps ? I am not familiar with using virtual machines and would like to avoid using a virtual machine if possible as I don't know anything about them, seems a lot trouble to go through for a a simple screen shot is all.

A:Vista 64bit logon screen - screenshot

Try typing snipping tool in search, by the start button. If you have it, take a screen shot with it. I use it, really great.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/281243-vista-64bit-logon-screen-screenshot.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Having trouble with converting pub. files to pdf. When I do, the graphics pixelate and do funky things....I have tried all the usual things, including trying to print to adobe pdf, downloaded two different pdf makers, bought an update of publisher so that I now have pub 2010, NOTHING works. It still ends up with terrible images. I saved the same files to pdf on the same computer back in december and even saved the settings so I would know how I did it. The images were perfect!

This file needs to be correct as it is my husband's manuscript!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pub-to-pdf-problems-graphics-pixelating.989690/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi! When I set free wallpapers I have saved as pictures (per site instructions) as desktop backgrounds, they tile. If I go to Display and change the setting from 'tile' to 'stretch', they pixelate. I downloaded the image at the correct resolution (1024 x 768). Please help me to understand how to correct this problem. Thank you!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wallpapers-tiling-or-pixelating-273279.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,

I'd like to share screen in skype and be able to scroll the edges of my screen with my mouse, but the lil red border skype creates disables scrolling.if it's in windowed (fullscreen). I have it fullscreen and the stream quality gets lower. Does anyone have any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-skype-share-screen-mouse-screen-scrolling.953910/
Relevancy 50.74%

The menus and HUDs in several mods for Battlefield 1942 are badly pixelated. I've never encountered the problem in any other games, just the one.

For years I attributed this to the developers of the mods, but my brother sais his computer doesn't have this dysfunction. I don't have the slightest clue why it's happening, so even a guess could be helpful.

Video card = ATI Radeon 9550 256MB.

For now I'll mess around with my video settings and see if I can get it working properly.
Edit:
No combination of video settings seems to do it. I've thrown together an image to illustrate the problem, but I'm not sure how to go about uploading it since it needs a URL.

A:Strange pixelating of images in games.

Have you updated your video driver from ATI's site?

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-pixelating-of-images-in-games.88653/
Relevancy 50.74%

l have made a nice, very high quality video by capturing from my camcorder. The only problem is that it is very small. How can l get it bigger without the film being deformed or shown in pixels (ie how do l make it bigger without losing quality??)

A:Enlarging video files without pixelating???

You have only got the level of quality you have captured.

Nothing you can do can gain quality if its not there in the first place, despite what you see on TV in CSI etc...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/enlarging-video-files-without-pixelating.279244/
Relevancy 48.59%

Just got my new computer so after upgrading from the old computer i decided to go and get allll those new games ive been missing out on. Load them all up and first one, QUAKE 4 looks gorgeous, graphics are fantastic and its running smooth as. Then the screen starts flickering, squares of colour/distortion appear randomly over the screen. However these squares dont transfer themselves to the sky or other stationary objects. Ive tried it with FarCry aswell and it still happens. Comp specs are:
3.2GHz
1GB RAM
nVidia 6600LE
WinFast graphics driver

Ive tried it with a different monitor as well and it still stuffs up. Running out of ideas as im about to install NVidia driver instead.
Any other suggestions????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/6600le-winfast-driver-issues-flickering-pixelating-display-in-games.37060/
Relevancy 48.59%

ILogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe computer instead log HJT freezing included DDS C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files PremierOpinion pmropn exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C PROGRA SearchProtect Main bin CltMngSvc exe C PROGRA SearchProtect SearchProtect bin cltmng exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C PROGRA SearchProtect UI bin cltmngui exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings END USER Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search conduit com gd amp ctid CT amp octid EB ORIGINAL CTID amp DDS freezing computer HJT log included instead ISID M A EC E - B D- ED -B B - F DBA DC amp SearchSource amp CUI amp UM amp UP SPD B - CE- -AB -BE ECD amp SSPV R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft DDS freezing computer HJT log included instead Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http start mysearchdial com f amp a file ch amp cd XzuyEtN Y L QzutDtDtCtCtByDyEtA A C A DtDyDzz BtN D Tzu SzzyCtBtN L XzutBtFtBtDtFzytFtBtN L CzutCyEtDtAtDyD V RtN L G B V N Y L Qzu SyE E AyB E A E CtG B B AtBtG CyDtA FtGyEzy CtAtGtByD BtDyEzz E AzztB CyE QtN M F B Z V N Y L Qzu StCzyzy ByB CyByBtGzy F E DtGzyyD F BtGyDyE AyCtGyCtDtBtBzz DyEyDzyyByCzy Q amp cr amp ir R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt -loopback gt R - URLSearchHook no name - a f- f - ed - e-d e - C Program Files VideoDownloadConverter z bar bin zSrcAs dll file missing O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO CostMin - A D - AB- CEB-D C - F ECE - C Program Files CostMin q P dll file missing O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO webget - dc a -fa - -b -ea eff e dd - C Program Files webget webgetbho dll file missing O - HKLM Run MSC c Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe -hide -runkey O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh ProgramFiles Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run AppsHat C Documents and Settings END USER Local Settings Application Data WebPlayer AppsHat WebPlayer exe O - HKCU Run fastclean C Program Files FastClean PRO fastcleanpro exe O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - Extra context menu item amp Search - http buttons videodownloadconverter com one-toolbaredits menusearch jhtml s amp p HJ xdm YYA ca amp si pconvIE amp a A -ABC - EB - E -AE E A amp n amp cv O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - DPF A - F - D -A CD- B F ExentInf Class - O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Clas... Read more

A:DDS freezing computer HJT log included instead

Sorry that's can't access Internet over wifi, I'm posting from my phone and don't seem to have an edit post option

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534224/dds-freezing-computer-hjt-log-included-instead/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, my screen keeps scrolling down automatically. I don't know how to fix it. Like right now..I had to press esp and scroll up, but it 'danced; up and down.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-keeps-scrolling-down.851446/
Relevancy 48.16%

hello i am priscilla
i have a desktop using windows 7. mostly i play games. well as i move my mouse the screen moves up or down, how do i lock the screen?

A:scrolling screen

Does this happen if you try a different mouse?
Does it happen if you boot into safe mode?
I will assume that you have shut down the computer and done a cold boot.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568652/scrolling-screen/
Relevancy 48.16%

I did try and post this yesterday but my system froze and I lost the entire thread The problem My system keeps freezing and booting me off the www I'm having rundll exe error messages and the system takes forever to shut down - one pop up after PC - Ups+++/about:blank/explorer.exe included log 60% freezing/Pop HJT the other - and explorer exe is using and thats before I'm even started The system freezes hangs then shows about blank I recheck my homepage and that still shows my ISP page I have PC freezing/Pop Ups+++/about:blank/explorer.exe 60% - HJT log included the following installed and have PC freezing/Pop Ups+++/about:blank/explorer.exe 60% - HJT log included run them with no problems apparent McAfee Firewall amp Viruscan SpySweeper Spybot S amp D SpeedUpMyPC Security Task Manager I have performed numerous disk clean ups defragmented run the CWS search tool cleared temp files cache history - PC freezing/Pop Ups+++/about:blank/explorer.exe 60% - HJT log included rebooted and still the same old problems TBK Hope this helps Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS system ps exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC SpeedUpMyPC exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Cordless USB Phone Cordless DUALphone Suite exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXE C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qgb hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-qgb hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk red clientapps yahoo com c o bt side html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http uk red clientapps yahoo com c rch yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http bt my yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk red clientapps yahoo com c o bt side html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http uk red clientapps yahoo com c rch yahoo com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO scriptproxy -... Read more

A:PC freezing/Pop Ups+++/about:blank/explorer.exe 60% - HJT log included

And I forgot to mention, a tonne of script error messages on any page I visit!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/pc-freezing-pop-ups-about-blank-explorer-exe-60-hjt-log-included-182554.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Do you see anything in this HJT log that looks suspicious Thanks in advance David Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition mainserv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files EagleSoft Shared Files esinetconnect exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C WINDOWS freezing Log up (HJT included) computer occasionally system ctfmon exe C Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition apcsystray exe Tgdds ClientApps computer occasionally freezing up (HJT Log included) totalcmd TOTALCMD EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar computer occasionally freezing up (HJT Log included) Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run ESInetConnect quot C Program Files EagleSoft Shared Files esinetconnect exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup APC UPS Status lnk O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip Parameters Domain toddgroomsddspa local O - HKLM Software Telephony DomainName toddgroomsddspa local O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip Parameters Domain toddgroomsddspa local O - Winlogon Notify igfxcui - C WINDOWS SYSTEM igfxdev dll O - Winlogon Notify WgaLogon - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WgaLogon dll O - Service APC UPS Service - American Power Conversion Corporation - C Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition mainserv exe O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe O - Service AVG E-mail Scanner AVGEMS - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe nbsp

A:computer occasionally freezing up (HJT Log included)

Looks fine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-occasionally-freezing-up-hjt-log-included.470114/
Relevancy 48.16%

my computer will randomly freeze sometimes i can still work on whatever is open such as microsoft word but if i try to open up any new application the loading symbol comes up but nothing happens and after maybe - minutes my computer makes a bunch of sounds as if it included...help! freezing, Random HJT slow, just Random freezing, slow, HJT included...help! woke up and everything returns to normal Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System Atievxx exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM DRIVERS ETC CPUIDLE srvany exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C WINDOWS system netdde exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS system oodag exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Olympus DeviceDetector DevDtct exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin g Wireless Card Configuration Utility utility exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE D Program Files Hijack This HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - D Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files K-Lite Codec Pack QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKCU Run FreeRAM XP quot D Program Files RAM Defragmenter FreeRAM XP Pro exe quot -win O - HKCU Run PeerGuardian C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk D Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Device Detector lnk C Program Files Olympus DeviceDetector DevDtct exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk D Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Belkin g Wireless Card Utility lnk O - Extra context menu item Download all with Free Download Manager - file D Program Files Free Download Manager dlall htm O - Extra context menu item Download selected with Free Download Manager - file D Program Files Free Download Manager dlselected htm O - Extra context menu item Download web site with Free Download Manager - file D Program Files Free Download Manager dlpage htm O - Extra context menu item Download with Free Download Manager - file D Program Files Free Download Manager dllink htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res D PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft c ls en x client wuweb site cab O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdate v V Controls en x client muweb site cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip F D - - F-BC -B CD FDF NameServer O - Service Symantec Even... Read more

A:Random freezing, slow, HJT included...help!

Your log appears to be clean of malware.

Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system.
Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.

Updating Java:

Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 Update 8.
Scroll down to where it says "The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications".
Click the "Download" button to the right.
Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
The page will refresh.
Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.
Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
Then from your desktop double-click on the download to install the newest version.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-freezing-slow-hjt-included-help.496733/
Relevancy 48.16%

every so often recently my computer freezes when i open my computer or other various folders also it sometimes happen when Solved: included. keeps HJT freezing. log computer i try to load up a game or various program Tried both windows defender and adaware scans adaware only found MRU cookies Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs isafe exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Windows Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Solved: computer keeps freezing. HJT log included. Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quiet O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk F Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res F PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate Page into English - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans html O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -... Read more

Relevancy 48.16%

My explorer couple of windows componets and (Hijack & Included) More Explorer Keeps Freezing Log programs keep freezing Here's my hijack log Anyone could assist me that would be great I would really appreciate and thank you for taking the time to help me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS Explorer & More Keeps Freezing (Hijack Log Included) SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SSDPSRV EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RESTORE STMGR EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG FREE AVGEMC EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG FREE AVGAMSVR EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES BELKIN CORPORATION BELKIN WIRELESS NETWORK MONITOR UTILITY AND DRIVER RTLWAKE EXE C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WBEM WINMGMT EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES CONTENT IE P LYNIL HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www yahoo com ext gw home html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www yahoo com ext gw home html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page res C WINDOWS SYSTEM SHDOCLC DLL dnserror htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http gateway yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cust ch search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMPANION INSTALLS CPN YCOMP DLL O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll - amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMPANION INSTALLS CPN YCOMP DLL O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run PCHealth C WINDOWS PCHealth Support PCHSchd exe -s O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run OEMRUNONCE c windows options cabs oemrun exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA GRISOFT AVGFRE AVGCC EXE STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA GRISOFT AVGFRE AVGEMC EXE O - HKLM Run AVG AMSVR C PROGRA GRISOFT AVGFRE AVGAMSVR EXE O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exe O - HKLM RunServices SSDPSRV C WINDOWS SYSTEM ssdpsrv exe O - HKLM RunServices StateMgr C WINDOWS System Restore StateMgr exe O - HKCU Run ares quot C PROGRAM FILES ARES LITE EDITION ARES EXE quot -h O - Startup RtlWake lnk C Program Files Belkin Corporation Belkin Wireless Network Monitor Utility and Driver RtlWake exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C PROGRA MESSEN MSMSGS EXE file missing O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem MSN Messenger Service - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C PROGRA MESSEN MSMSGS EXE file missing O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http gateway yahoo com O - DPF Yahoo Pool - http download games yahoo com game s y pote x cab

A:Explorer & More Keeps Freezing (Hijack Log Included)

Hi and Welcome to TSF

Before attacking an adware/spyware problem with hijackthis make sure you have already run the following tools. Download and update the databases on each program before running. Ad-Aware? SE Personal Edition
*Note* For Ad-AwareSE also install the VX2 Addon Cleaner To run this tool once Adaware is updated click on Add-ons in the lefthand column. Select VX2 Cleaner V2.0 and click Run Tool. Click "OK" , then, if something is found, click "Clean" as in the directions given. Click "Close", and exit Ad-Aware.
Spybot Search & Destroy
CWShredder

Also make sure you are using the the latest version (1.99.1) of HijackThis and it's installed in it's own folder on the root drive. (C:\HJT)

Please go to at least two of these sites and run an online Virus Scan.
Be sure to have the AutoFix box(s) checked if the site has that option.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
http://www3.ca.com/virusinfo/virusscan.aspx
http://www.pandasoftware.com/actives..._principal.htm
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/license.php
http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asp
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/d...d=ie&venid=sym

Run hijackthis and fix the following entrys:

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/dnserror.htm
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cust...ch/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cust.../www.yahoo.com

Perform an online scan with Internet Explorer with Panda ActiveScan
** click on "Free use ActiveScan" located on the top right hand corner Click Check Now & a 'pop up' window shall appear. *ensure that your pop up blocker doesn't block it
Enter your e-mail address, country, and state & click Scan Now ...begins downloading 8 MB Panda's ActiveX controls
Begin the scan by selecting My Computer If it finds any malware, it will offer you a report.
Please ignore any entry it finds and wants you to buy the program for removal as we will address this later.
Click on see report. Then click Save report
Please post that log in your next reply.

Please update Internet Explorer to Version 6.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/explorer-and-more-keeps-freezing-hijack-log-included-86271.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have been having a major problem that is described in this forum Essentially my computer freezes up at the desktop every time I go to click on something I did delete a bunch of programs yesterday and I have run several anti-spy malware hunters virus programs etc in SafeMode as previously suggested Here Log Hijack Included Up/trojans-- Freezing is my Logfile in SafeMode as I cannot use the computer in Freezing Up/trojans-- Hijack Log Included any other way Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Safe mode with network supportRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Freezing Up/trojans-- Hijack Log Included Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Stephanie Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class Freezing Up/trojans-- Hijack Log Included - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exeO - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odlO - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeO - Startup Wallpaper Changer lnk C Program Files WallpaperToy Wallpapertoy ExeO - Global Startup America Online Tray Icon lnk C Program Files America Online aoltray exeO - Global Startup Digital Line Detect lnk O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exeO - Extra button no name - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - no file O - Trusted Zone whataboutadog comO - DPF F B -B - DD- F - B ECC Facebook Photo Uploader Control - http upload facebook com controls Facebo otoUploader cabO - DPF D BF - A- -A F - E E AB F Virtools WebPlayer Class - http a g akamai net f m vir l installer exeO - DPF DF F -FF B- DF - D - DB A A PopCapLoader Object - http i grab com media efdf games files aploader v cabO - AppInit DLLs C PROGRA Google GOOGLE GOEC DLLO - Winlogon Notify SASWinLogon - C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASWINLO dllO - Service AOL Connectivity Service AOL ACS - America Online Inc - C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeO - Service avast iAVS Control Service aswUpdSv - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeO - Service Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc - C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeO - Service avast Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeO - Service avast Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeO - Service avast Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeO - Service Intel Quick Resume Technology Drivers ELService - Intel Corporation - C Program Files Intel IntelDH Intel reg Quick Resume Technology E... Read more

A:Freezing Up/trojans-- Hijack Log Included

Hello EscalatorKid,Download FindAWF: http://noahdfear.net/downloads/FindAWF.exe Save the file to the Desktop Double-click the FindAWF icon. If a Security Alert shows, allow the program to run. As instructed, press any key to continue. Use the following option: Press 1 then Enter to scan for bak folders The scan may take a while, please be patient. When done, a text file, Find AWF report is produced that we need to look at. Please post it in your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/111398/freezing-uptrojans-hijack-log-included/
Relevancy 47.73%

I hope somebody can help.

My dad has a newly purchased Compaq laptop which runs Microsoft Vista.

Something very strange is happening and I don't know what is causing it.

As I don't use Vista myself I'll try and describe the problem as best I can.

Dad says that when he opens his document folder the right scroll bar goes down to the bottom of the screen! If he tries to scroll back up it automatically scrolls back down again! At first I thought that the scroll lock was on but it isn't.

All applications etc are working ok which makes me think there is possibly some setting which needs changing.

Can somebody help?

Thanks

Dave

Relevancy 47.73%

computer:Dell inspiron 1720 laptop
Graphics card: GeForce 8600M GT
TV: 42" vizio with VGA input, labeled RGB

I was able to essentially "plug and play" to get an image on the TV, requiring only to adjust the simple multiple display option. When i hook it up however the screen scrolls continuously from bottom to top. I have tried all i know how to do and am simply stumped. If anyone has any ideas it would be immensely appreciated.

A:scrolling screen on tv through VGA what's wrong?

What resolution are you using?

Do you have the issue if you lower the resolution?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/scrolling-screen-on-tv-through-vga-whats-wrong-648151.html
Relevancy 47.73%

The XP welcome screen that has the status bar scrolling from left to right, takes about 10-20 seconds to do it`s thing and boot to the next XP welcome screen in blue and then desktop

Is there a way to shorten it?

FYI the hard drive LED light is continously flashing at the scrolling screen, then stays on when it boots to next screen

A:Long scrolling XP Welcome screen

Something in your system is taking a bit to load, probably a driver the first one I would check is the video driver see if there is a newer one at the manufacturers web site for the video card and download and install it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/long-scrolling-xp-welcome-screen.513503/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I have been having problems on my Windows 7 Pro 64 desktop computer. It started recently to scroll on its own. I am a bit familiar with computers, but not a pro yet. I did make some changes to my computer about a month ago. This scrolling started three months ago, but not as bad as tonight ;-( It started to do the scrolling on its own really bad. The changes I made to my computer was that I was trying to download apache for windows 7 about a month ago. I couldn't seem to do it, so I deleted the apache. I believe I did not correctly, because after that, I couldn't have administrative rights. I had to do a restart point. My computer acted normally until tonight. Now, it is doing that scrolling thing really bad. I have checked to see if there were any viruses using MacAvee, & Microsoft Essentials, none to date.

A:Screen Scrolling On Its Own On Desktop

When it starts scrolling, what happens if you unplug the mouse? You could try the same test with the keyboard.

When you say you "deleted" Apache, do you mean you actually deleted the folder, or did you (properly) uninstall Apache using the Remove Programs utility in Control Panel?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/367899-screen-scrolling-its-own-desktop.html
Relevancy 47.73%

its the same scrolling problem, my screen scrolls down automatically and does not stop till the page reaches the bottom. It also renders my mousepad ineffective, the cursor refuses to move and this happens without warning....i dont know what the problem is and why its happening all of a sudden..please help 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/screen-scrolling-problem/td-p/5826619
Relevancy 47.73%

i have just installed a different version of windows xp on my computer (different from the version it came with) and have a problem when looking at websites. everytime I scroll down the screen there is a big delay when moving up or down, it sometimes pauses and takes a few seconds to show the part of the screen im trying to view. there seems to be delay when websites load though.anyone know the problem?

Also, it's not recognising my sound hardware, if anyone knows how to fix this.

+ whe I try and type the @ logo I have to use shift-f2 rather than the normal button

A:Problem with scrolling down screen

sappleton said:

i have just installed a different version of windows xp on my computer (different from the version it came with) and have a problem when looking at websites. everytime I scroll down the screen there is a big delay when moving up or down, it sometimes pauses and takes a few seconds to show the part of the screen im trying to view. there seems to be delay when websites load though.anyone know the problem?

Also, it's not recognising my sound hardware, if anyone knows how to fix this.

+ whe I try and type the @ logo I have to use shift-f2 rather than the normal buttonClick to expand...

Just my thoughts,
I had this a while ago. Even though my monitor was a plug and play, I still had to load the monitor drivers. With regards to your sound card, have a look in the device manager for any conflicts. I think the keyboard maybe set to the American version. I think you can change it within the control panel. Hope this helps dude.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-scrolling-down-screen.19749/
Relevancy 47.73%

hey,
i own an Asus Eee PC 701SD 7" (Yes, the old piece of crap xD) and at the moment, the screen resolution is set to 800x480. when i changed it to anything larger, only some of the screen will show and i will have to move my mouse in the direction on the rest of the screen in order to see it. make sense? i'm just wondering if there's a way that i can keep it at say, 800x600 (i don't mind if it's stretched) with screen scrolling disabled?

i'm leaving this thread here for now as this covers many areas e.g hardware, OS, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-resolution-scrolling.877458/
Relevancy 47.73%

My father-in-law s Presario laptop was having severe problems so we sent it in and they replaced the hard drive After receiving the computer back it seems to be running better but it does not have smooth screen scrolling neither on the Internet nor in any programs It tends to jump sections at a time and is screen problems scrolling driving my FIL crazy I tried change the scroll speed of the mouse didn t help I have already tried going to Tools gt Internet Options gt General Tab gt Accesibility and uncheck quot Format Documents Using My Style Sheet quot that screen scrolling problems box was already blank I also tried Internet options - gt click the Advanced tab then scroll down and make sure Use smooth scrolling is checked that box was checked I then tried to make sure my driver was updated but it will not install it and keeps coming up with an error message ATI Technologies Inc display software update released on March gt No Updates Were Installed The following items failed to install To try installing them again click Review and install updates and then click Install Now again Lastly the computer was doing it before I even did any of the Windows Updates so I don t think it was that either Any suggestions nbsp

A:screen scrolling problems

Try going to the Device Manager to see if there are any yellow !'s or ?'s

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-scrolling-problems.226253/
Relevancy 47.73%

hi,
i recently formatted my computer and everthing works fine except the monitor. while i scroll its very very choppy... it used to be fine before... but videos play just fine... there is no standby button anymore... and it takes a very long time to shut down.

Pentium 4 (3.2 g)
viewsonic monitor
radeon videocard..
Please help....very annoying....

A:choppy screen while scrolling

Have you applied all Windows Updates?

I would really check your video card drivers and see if those are up to date.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-screen-while-scrolling.390016/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am using a Dell latitude with XP pro and I am having an issue with the display. My whole screen has shifted about a half an inch to the right. Now the right hand side of the screen is coming through on the left hand side and the whole image shakes. I have reloaded all the video drivers from a utility disc and I know it is not a hardware issue because I movd the HD to a different machine and the same exact thing happens.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

A:Screen scrolling through right to left

hardware checked in what ways btw?.... see if anything can be gleaned here;
http://www.dpchallenge.com/forum.php?action=read&FORUM_THREAD_ID=137912

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-scrolling-through-right-to-left.303254/
Relevancy 47.73%

Our product is using HP RP2 as touch screen terminal. After entering the application, if we click around a lot about the scrolling bar or the arrows, the scrolling will go opposite of the touch, but if we insert a input mouse, the cursor will be working fine, so I think it's because of the one of the touchings doesn't get released and make the scrolling bar not be touched at the right place. Can someone help me identify and solve this issue?Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-RP2-Touch-screen-Scrolling-bar/td-p/5667531
Relevancy 47.73%

i'm having automatically screen scrolling down problem. please tell me what to do.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/screen-scrolling-problem/td-p/5800666
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, my computer freezes when I'm using it throughout the day. Sometimes it will freeze up to five times in a three hour span. It usually occurs when I am tampering with media or opening multiple browsers. When the computer is idle, it does not freeze. Here is my log. (attached) Thank you for any help or feedback. Likewise, when I run a system clean up from the C drive, it will freeze.

A:Computer constantly freezing! Hijack log included

I tried starting my PC in Safe Mode and it gives me the options to select Safe Mode or Safe Mode Network, etc.... problem is, when I start in Safe Mode a bunch of Windows filenames appear and it never starts up in Safe Mode. ....? Any reasons for a computer to freeze all the time like mine? I have a Virus Scanner and no viruses have been detected.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-constantly-freezing-hijack-log-included-227297.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Is there a simple way to capture and save in full, a screen that scrolls on Windows 8.1 a free way would be good??

A:Capture a scrolling screen page

Hi you could try this How to Take full Web Page Screenshots in Google Chrome
How to take screenshots in Windows - even scrolling web pages - PC Advisor
Capture an entire Web page as an image or PDF - CNET
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ddon/fireshot/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/capture-a-scrolling-screen-page-960449.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi my hp laptop recently got this  issue when I log into the Internet or any page the screen will automatically keep scrolling downwards on its own. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Pavilion-dv4-2112tx-screen-keep-scrolling-down-on-its-own/td-p/5649390
Relevancy 47.3%

Evening partygoers,
 Just did a clean install of XP Pro on a pc for my brother. I have installed all of the drivers that I know of. Its a Radeon, something something and the drivers were called "catalyst". Anyway, YouTube, video that I put on his pc and scrolling up and down on a web page there is a lagging or with the video it stutters. I am sure there is some simple driver that I am forgetting to install.
 Thank you in advance for your help.

A:Video and screen scrolling lags.

When you did the Windows install, did you run the motherboard disc as well, to install the motherboard drivers ?  And if it is a separate video card, did you run the install disc for that ?

It sounds like a video driver problem. The other way to check is to find your way to 'Device Manager' and look for any components with a yellow question mark against them - this indicates a problem. You can get to the device manager either through 'Control Panel / System ( or Computer )' or by right clicking on the computer / system icon on the desk top if you have one.

If you do find you have missing drivers but don't have an install disk with on, you can normally get them from the manufacturer's web-site. Just make sure any drivers that you get this way are for XP and not Win 7 or 8 !

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504763/video-and-screen-scrolling-lags/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I dont know how to explain this in writing but will try my best I started getting this problem recently when i mistakenly visited a warez site for a serial number I have tried the latest Avira amp AVG internet security and some online scanners but did not do me any good Firstly i cannot use the up-arrow key to make the cursor move up The other keys are working fine i e left key right key down key page up page down home amp End key work up Scrolling selection Screen/mouse I have to click with the Screen/mouse selection Scrolling up mouse to move up Secondly while typing in any textbox or text editor suddenly the cursor moves to the starting point of the line While opening a webpage in Firefox or IE or Safari The page keeps scrolling to the top If i try to scroll down it again moves up If i click on any menu in any application the selection in Screen/mouse selection Scrolling up the menu list highlighted text in menu list keeps on scrolling up I havent been able to detect any virus as yet however sometimes i cud see some tmp file load in Screen/mouse selection Scrolling up taskmanager's process tab n then dissapear Now dont see it though this is still happening And the worst is the scrolling in webpage or Windows explorer or any window stops after some time Its very erratic Someone told me to post a HijackThis dump here Need some help ------------------------------------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files DU Meter DUMeter exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files DU Meter DUMeterSvc exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exeC WINDOWS System snmp exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system mqsvc exeC WINDOWS system mqtgsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankO - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - HKCU Run DU Meter C Program Files DU Meter DUMeter exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKUS S- - - RunOnce ShowDeskFix regsvr s n i u shell User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce nltide rundll advpack dll LaunchINFSectionEx nLite inf C N User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce ShowDeskFix regsvr s n i u shell User 'Default user' O - Extra button no name - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS bdoscandel exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS bdoscandel exeO - DPF D DDB -BDF - B- E E-D F EE BDSCANONLINE Control - http download bitdefender com resources can oscan cabO - Service Acronis Scheduler Service AcrSch Svc - Unknown owner - C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe file missing O - Service DU Meter Service DUMeterSvc - Hagel Technologies Ltd - C Program Files DU Meter DUMeterSvc exeO - Service Google Update Service gupdate c ae bcb gupdate c ae bcb - Google Inc - C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exeO - Service Google Software Updater gusvc - Google - C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeO - Service Java Quick Starter JavaQuickStarterService - Sun Microsystems Inc - C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeO - Service wampapache - Apache Software Foundation - c wamp bin apach... Read more

A:Screen/mouse selection Scrolling up

Hi,

Forgot to inform one last thing...this usually happens on Windows startup.
When The computer boots, and when u press DEL key to enter into BIOS, you get a list of options. You generally use the arrow keys to make a selection. But However, when i press Delete, the selections are highlighted one after the other from BOTTOM to TOP, as if scrolling backwards.

Also when you press F8 key, you get the black screen to select operating system. On this screen the highlighted text scrolls up/down continuously. Since i have only one operating system, i never got this screen before. Now i have to choose with arrow key or press Enter Key inorder to start WindowsXP. Once i get the Startmenu n desktop loaded, it again starts scrolling from bottom to top and its therefore difficult to double-click on any icon on desktop.

Hope this helps!

Regards.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/241506/screenmouse-selection-scrolling-up/
Relevancy 47.3%

Suddenly from 2 days the applications whichever i opened like word , pdf file or gmail accounts it gets scrolled down automatically , even after system refreshing it doesnt sove the issue. please help me for this issue as soon as possible as i am not able to do my work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Laptop-Screen-scrolling-down-automatically/td-p/5724458
Relevancy 47.3%

Someone gave me a little notebook, running XP. I'd rather fit the screen to the monitor, rather than have it scroll up and down, in order to see the whole display. I can't figure out how to change this setting. Any ideas?

A:[SOLVED] stop screen scrolling in XP

Hello peacepilgrim,

Try this workaround...

Go Start > Control Panel > Display > in here you will be able to adjust the resolution down to, say, 800 x 600 or smaller (if it has a smaller resolution).
Post back with the results.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-stop-screen-scrolling-in-xp-688424.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello, I am new to this laptop I just bought it from my friend who bought a new one. I have been using it for a couple of weeks now and I raise the lid and it seems to scroll around and around. I restarted it and it still is doing it. Sometimes I can get it to stop by moving the top back or forward alittle. Can anyone help me?? I am using windows 2000 professional. Thanks

A:my Dell laptop screen is scrolling

sounds like the touch pad is a little sensitive...I know it may sound like it is defeating the object but have you tried plugging in a normal mouse?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-dell-laptop-screen-is-scrolling.347891/
Relevancy 47.3%

Okie I had to flickers add Can't scrolling monitor, when screen format my HDD and everything was installed properly except the graphics card and monitor That s my guess because of these problems When I scroll up down websites with images Can't add monitor, screen flickers when scrolling photo - it s seems to like flciker - NOt exactly but kind of it s not SMOOTH scrolling I clicked on CPanel to updated my monitor Can't add monitor, screen flickers when scrolling drivers - I does not let me the button is unselected so I can t click and nothing happens When I play files in WINDOWS media player - it works fine on but the moment I goto it slows down and I need to keep the mouse in the Can't add monitor, screen flickers when scrolling play screen If I move it out from the video display area the MOVIE will snail And yes if this helps - Everythime I computers boots - it tells me that the SM Bus Controller is not installed I don t know which CD would have the right software but I tried to auto-install didn t happen I have a Pentium GHZ intel motherboard AP or something like that Let me know what s missing Thanks for you help nbsp

A:Can't add monitor, screen flickers when scrolling

You need to install your motherboard chipset drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-add-monitor-screen-flickers-when-scrolling.19382/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have the M3000M graphics card update for my P70 (1080p touch panel). Just scrolling this Compose page up and down causes warpage of the image on the screen. Eg if there is a page of text, the lines don't stay evenly spaced while scrolling, there's a lag/fluctuation in the spacing and the page seems to "warble" vertically.I've never had this with any other laptop. Anyone else seen this, and how can it be resolved? With even the W530's case internal graphics card, I've never noticed this behavior. I can't image with the M3000M would allow for such poor graphics performance. On the other hand, watching films etc seem to work fine.

A:Massive screen lag/fluctuation while scrolling

I'd try to re-apply the update. I have the 4k screen and the same graphic card and don't have the same problems with scrolling. Everything seems smooth scrolling. If yours didn't do that before the update roll back the driver and see how it does. If that fixes it then install the update again. Good luck.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Massive-screen-lag-fluctuation-while-scrolling/td-p/3308503
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello, My gf had a dell dimension 2350 desktop computer with windows xp installed. She has come across an unusual problem and asked me for help. Well i have never seen anything like this before. When the computer is booted and she logs in, the desktop appears to be normal. But when she logs off and logs back into her user name the screen appears to display about 1/3 of the full image. if you move the mouse to the corners or the sides of the screen it "scrolls" and you can see the rest of the desktop but the desktop window remains the same size and we are unable to see the entire desktop at one time. Have any of you come across this? any ideas?

A:Very Unusal problem, scrolling screen?

Try updating the video driver.

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...=DIM_PNT_CEL_2350&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-unusal-problem-scrolling-screen.782391/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello all,I've been using the new Firefox v2.0 (the greatest thing out there)..... and I've been using my tabbed browsing features it has. Since I've upgraded to this new version I've noticed that my tabs that I open up, end up scrolling off the screen.I am used to having anywhere upto 20+ tabs.. ALL on the screen at one time without scrolling.Is there anyway that I can use Firefox v2.0, and use the tabs, but have them ALL still fit on my screen?I thank you all for your valued time..[Added] Ohhh... before I forget... Use Firefox!!!!!

A:How Can I Stop My Tabs From Scrolling Off The Screen?

Stop Tabs From ScrollingDouble click the blank space, in the Tab Bar, or right click and select New Tab.This will open a new, blank Tab.In the Address Bar, type; about:configClick Enter.Scroll down to, and double click, browser.tabs.tabMinWidth.This will open the Enter integer value dialog box.Change the value to 0Click the OK button.Exit about:config.Close, then reopen Firefox.This sets the minimum pixel width of the tabs.Default - 100Moving Close Tab Button To End Of Tab BarDouble click the blank space, in the Tab Bar, or right click and select New Tab.This will open a new, blank Tab.In the Address Bar, type; about:configClick Enter.Scroll down to, and double click, browser.tabs.closeButtons.This will open the Enter integer value dialog box.Change the value to one of the 4 Integer Values listed below, depending on your preference.Click the OK button.Exit about:config.Close, then reopen Firefox.Integer Values:0: Display a close button on the active tab only1: (default) Display a close button on each tab2: Don't display any close buttons (if you prefer clicking with the center mouse wheel, to close tabs)3: Display a single close button at the end of the tab bar (Firefox 1.x behavior)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/73921/how-can-i-stop-my-tabs-from-scrolling-off-the-screen/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,
I deleted some files I had downloaded from the net, and a prompt came up that Some of the files might now cause my PC to be "unstable". It recommended that I get these files from the windows home edition, service pack 2, disc. In hindsight I think I should have used the restore function, but instead I loaded the whole disc! Everything seems OK apart from when I scroll down a page at anytime it is dead slow. The page seems to refresh every inch as it rolls down. Any advice would be appreciated before I have to call in the local PC fixers!!
Ian, iw0702

Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Compaq Presario R using XP w SP Lately Laptop really slow up. included log running sometimes FRST and freezing anything I try to open be it a browser web page or any other program from my desktop it tends to load very slowly and more and more often lately the computer will just freeze up until I get so frustrated all I can do Laptop running really slow and sometimes freezing up. FRST log included is hold the power button untill it shuts down and try again Sometimes it works better for a little while but inevitably I'm always left in the same boat I did have Laptop running really slow and sometimes freezing up. FRST log included a post in the Am I infected forum where I was directed through a few scans which you can see here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t laptop-running-really-slow-and-sometimes-freezing-up entry I was then directed to post here Here are the FRSt logs Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by User administrator on USER-DRXYHZGBOO on - - Running from C Documents and Settings User Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE C ZF Z TLoaded Profiles User Available Profiles User amp Administrator Platform Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode NormalTutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www Laptop running really slow and sometimes freezing up. FRST log included geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved SurfRight B V C Program Files HitmanPro hmpsched exe QIHU SOFTWARE CO LIMITED C Program Files Total Security safemon QHActiveDefense exe America Online C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLacsd exe America Online Inc C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe America Online Inc C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltpspd exe QIHU SOFTWARE CO LIMITED C Program Files Total Security safemon QHSafeTray exe NVIDIA Corporation C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files RealNetworks RealDownloader rndlresolversvc exe C Program Files Reason Security Protection rscp bin rscp svc exe Reason Software Company Inc C Program Files Reason Security rsEngineSvc exe Piriform Ltd C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe Analog Devices Inc C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files Reason Security Protection rscp bin rscp bg exe Qihu Software Co Limited C Program Files Total Security safemon QHWatchdog exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe America Online Inc C Program Files America Online waol exe America Online Inc C Program Files America Online shellmon exe Reason Software Company Inc C Program Files Reason Security rsUI exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe Farbar C Documents and Settings User Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE C ZF Z T FRST exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run QHSafeTray gt C Program Files Total Security safemon QHSafeTray exe - - QIHU SOFTWARE CO LIMITED HKLM Run Adobe ARM gt C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck gt systemroot system dumprep -kHKLM Run QuickTime Task gt C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe - - Apple Inc HKLM Run NvCplDaemon gt RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupHKU S- - - - - - - Run CCleaner Monitoring gt C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe - - Piriform Ltd HKU S- - - - - - - Run ReasonSecurityStart gt C Program Files Reason Security rsUI exe - - Reason Software Company Inc HKU S- - - - - - - ... Read more

A:Laptop running really slow and sometimes freezing up. FRST log included

Greetings WILD RACING and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please do this.Move FRST.exe onto your Desktop or if you'd like download it a second time to that location. Running from C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\C2ZF3Z0T===================================================Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool - Run Fix in Normal or Safe Mode--------------------Press the Windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. Type in notepad and press EnterPlease copy and paste the contents of the below code box into the open notepad and save it to your desktop (<<<Important) as fixlist.txtHKU\S-1-5-18\...\RunOnce: [Del177584843] => cmd.exe /Q /D /c del "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\0.del"
HKU\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction
HKU\S-1-5-21-484763869-573735546-839522115-1004\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction
SearchScopes: HKU\.DEFAULT -> DefaultScope {0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A} URL =
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-19 -> DefaultScope {0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A} URL =
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-20 -> DefaultScope {0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A} URL =
BHO: No Name -> {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43}
FF Extension: No Name - C:\Docum... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581957/laptop-running-really-slow-and-sometimes-freezing-up-frst-log-included/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I recently built a new desktop computer and after a while a probably started reaccurring at what seems to be times completely random Usually I never have to ask for help with things relating to computers but since multiple brains are better than one and I've been trying to fix this Sound Included] Looping [Logs Freezing Computer & for Computer Freezing & Sound Looping [Logs Included] weeks I thought I'd try getting help for you guys gals Basically at random the computer will lockup and freeze While it is frozen and not responding to input if any audio was playing bits of sounds continually play in a super slowed distorted manner Also in Event Viewer this error commonly accurs with the freezing but not always Warning DNS Client Events Name resolution for the name data cnn com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Error DHCPv -Client Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network from the DHCP Server for the Network Card with network address Computer Freezing & Sound Looping [Logs Included] xE DE E DB The following error occurred x Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address DHCP server Error DHCPv -Client Your computer has lost the lease to its IP address b a af eade ff fe e db on the Network Card with network address xE DE E DB Warning DNS Client Events Name resolution for the name data cnn com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Repeat x Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Computer Freezing & Sound Looping [Logs Included]

First update the BIOS settings and check the hardware properly. After checking all these things, scan your computer  with the computer cleaning software and an antivirus.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565716/computer-freezing-sound-looping-logs-included/
Relevancy 46.87%

My computer has been hanging freezing up completely and generally freezing slow, running up, log been Solved: etc. included) (HJT computer's driving me crazy Web pages don t respond they stay open for hours after I try to close them It s ridiculous Could someone take a look at my HJT log and see if there s Solved: computer's been freezing up, running slow, etc. (HJT log included) a problem here Thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXE C WINDOWS system PSIService exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C PROGRA VIRTUA SMARTB SprintDSLAlert exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files NoAds Solved: computer's been freezing up, running slow, etc. (HJT log included) NoAds exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents Internet Files important programs HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www myembarq com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dejazzd com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLL O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run Motive SmartBridge C PROGRA VIRTUA SMARTB SprintDSLAlert exe O - HKLM Run Symantec PIF AlertEng quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe quot a m quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A AlertEng dll quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run osCheck quot C Program Files Norton AntiVirus osCheck exe quot O - HKCU Run NoAds quot C Program Files NoAds NoAds exe quot O -... Read more

A:Solved: computer's been freezing up, running slow, etc. (HJT log included)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computers-been-freezing-up-running-slow-etc-hjt-log-included.655303/
Relevancy 46.87%

Not real sure what we ve got going here but this computer seems to be getting more and more unstable I m running Win XP Pro SP and over the last couple of weeks we ve gone included) (Hijack Log freezing/problems Random Solved: from freezing up once every Solved: Random freezing/problems (Hijack Log included) every other day to freezing up multiple times a day and often not even getting fully through the start up process The only things I can think of that we ve changed is re-installing the printer and upgrading Front Page to That doesn t mean that s all that s been Solved: Random freezing/problems (Hijack Log included) done just what I remember right now Anyway to start with here s the hijack log I just got a few minutes ago Some of it looks fishy to me but I ll wait for a more informed opinion amp any suggestions anyone can give Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgserv exe C WINDOWS system pctspk exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Documents and Settings All Users Documents Shared Downloads hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yourcountyhomepage com wi pepin htm O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe startup O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run MediaFace Integration C Program Files Fellowes MediaFACE SetHook exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run DXDllRegExe dxdllreg exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - no file O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - no file O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft c ls en x client wuweb site cab O - Protocol cetihpz - CF AD -CDCB- -A F - E D - C Program Files HP hpcoretech comp hpuiprot dll Thanks in advance as usual Tracey nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Please help My husbands computer keeps freezing and is super slow I have had to reboot his computer times in order to even post this I think it might have a virus I have attached a hjackthis log below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows SMINST scheduler exeC Program Files NortonInstaller C C - F D- F -AAA - EF E N B InstStub exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files PDF Complete pdfsty exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP ProtectTools Security Manager pthosttr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health log Hjackthis keeps freezing. SUPER and included Computer is slow Check HPHC Scheduler exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exeC Program Files Hp HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Windows Pixart Pac Monitor exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar Computer is SUPER slow and keeps freezing. Hjackthis log included sidebar exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exeC Computer is SUPER slow and keeps freezing. Hjackthis log included Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Users Karen AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exeC ProgramData Norton NUA exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BINC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a b amp pf laptopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect Computer is SUPER slow and keeps freezing. Hjackthis log included hp com svs rdr TYPE a b amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a b amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a b amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dllO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exeO - HKLM Run PDF Complete quot C Program Files PDF Complete pdfsty exe quot O - HKLM Run PTHOSTTR C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP ProtectTo... Read more

A:Computer is SUPER slow and keeps freezing. Hjackthis log included

Now the computer will turn on but it just stay at the loading menu..I can't get to any files etc. AHHH ! HELP!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296933/computer-is-super-slow-and-keeps-freezing-hjackthis-log-included/
Relevancy 46.87%

When i scroll my web page its getting like blickering screen....
i attched the screen shots, can u look at that one,
how can i solve this problem ?

A:scrolling web page gettin the screen blickering

Have you tried updating your graphics drivers via the manufactures website?

Could you give us your full system specs so we can see what we are working with. If you are unsure what your specs are, download and run Speccy, then when it's generated the information (about 10 seconds) go File>Save Snapshot, and attach that .speccy file as well. (You will need to zip it to attach it here: Right click on it and select 'Send To'>'Compressed (zipped) Folder'.

How is the screen when viewing streaming media like YouTube videos? When did you first notice this to start happening? Was it after installing another program?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/scrolling-web-page-gettin-the-screen-blickering-574358.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello There was recently a power surge in my nieghborhood and it effected my computer My hard drive and internet card were fried completely When I disassembled my computer windows screen when moving scrolling/ Lagging we found Lagging screen when scrolling/ moving windows that the Lagging screen when scrolling/ moving windows heating fan on my graphics card had broken keep in mine the graphics card had worked perfectly fine Also i do not use any games on my computer so the card does not undergo vigorous use We bought the new parts and i restarted the brandnew clean Lagging screen when scrolling/ moving windows hard drive and i went on the internet and did a search on google to find that when i scrolled down it moved in bars rather than a smooth flowing motion and when i minimized the screen and moved it around it lagged around quite a bit I am afraid i do not know how to figure what kind of graphics card i have if someone could tell me how i d appreciate it i have service pack installed as well i was wondering how i could fix this lagging problem this is my logfile from hijack this Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files FRISK Software F-PROT Antivirus for Windows FPAVServer exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbxmon exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files FRISK Software F-PROT Antivirus for Windows FProtTray exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS system dlbxcoms exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - HKLM Run dlbxmon exe quot C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbxmon exe quot O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run F-PROT Antivirus Tray application C Program Files FRISK Software F-PROT Antivirus for Windows FProtTray exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run Aim quot C Program Files AIM aim exe quot d locale en-US ee aol imApp O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Service Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service aawservice - Lavasoft - C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe O - Service dlbx device - Dell - C WINDOWS system dlbxcoms exe O - Service F-PROT Antivirus for Windows system FPAVServer - FRISK Software International - C Program Files FRISK Software F-PROT Antivirus for Windows FPAVServer exe O - Service Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe -- End of file - bytes thank you JJ nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

When I go into a folder containing pictures and double click the picture it opens in full page view. I then want to scroll from this screen to the next picture in the folder while remaining at full page view. How do I do this? I do not have a touch screen. Thanks!!!!!

A:Scrolling between pictures at full screen view

What are you using to view your pictures?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/20890-scrolling-between-pictures-full-screen-view.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Sometimes when streaming a movie I start scrolling to hurry it up to save time.
This often causes the screen to minimise.
I was wondering if this is normal, or if there is a Firefox add on to help keep it in
full screen mode.
Thanks for reading.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2130 @ 1.86GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 12
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2037 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 91597 MB, Free - 26430 MB; D: Total - 22862 MB, Free - 15901 MB;
Motherboard: MEDION, WIM2160
Antivirus: 360 Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

A:Scrolling Streaming Video Often Causes Screen To Minimise.

While you are waiting for an answer you could go to Firefox Add Ons to see if you can find one - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scrolling-streaming-video-often-causes-screen-to-minimise.1141830/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello! Just recently (within the last week or so) my touch screen has been acting up. I can sometimes click on things - such as switched between tabs. But sometimes when I click it will highlight a word on the screen instead of taking me to the link I'd like. On top of that, I'm completely unable to scroll using my touch screen. I have to use the mouse pad or the arrows on the keyboard. I'm still able to use the mousepad for everything so it isn't like the laptop doesn't function, but it's irritating that I can't use the tablet mode. I bought this model so I could use it in both laptop and tablet mode. I'd really appreciate it if someone helped me solve this issue.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Touch-screen-scrolling-not-working-on-Pavilion/td-p/5789681
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey guys
I think I may have contracted a trojan possibly from a Facebook application, My Web Face. My machine's certainly been playing up since then, anyway ...

It doesn't happen instantly but after a while my tabs start to scroll madly across the screen - all of them .. so if I click the start menu, all the options are scrolling through themselves, or if I try to click on a favourite in Firefox, they all drop down one after the other "File Edit View History Bookmarks Tools Help" very quickly and I can't actually click on ANY of them.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
I sure hope so because it's a bugger to explain !

I'm running Kaspersky, Spyware Doctor and Adaware and it's still happening ...

Any ideas as to what it is and how to stop it ?

Any help would be gratefully received ... thanks

A:drop down menus going mad, scrolling quickly across the screen

One more thing ... first time it happened, anything I tried to type came up in reverse, and the cursor would move from right to left .. now it's going the other way, so I can type properly but the cursor still moves to the right now .. similarly if I try to move an open window on the desktop, the whole thing starts shifting from left to right, like it's out of my control ...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/drop-down-menus-going-mad-scrolling-quickly-across-the-screen-415563.html
Relevancy 46.87%

This have been driving me nuts for the past two weeks First off The setup Dual Boot pc with Windows on one partition and windows xp media center on the other partition Original Problem Here is where all my issues started We recently bought a Kodak printer Windows handled the install screen scrolling xp bar Windows splash on blue of drivers and software very nicely with no problems When I booted over the Windows xp to do the XP side all the software again installed very nicely I removed all the old HP printer software and Windows xp scrolling blue bar on splash screen removed the printer and all appeared good I was printing with no issues The next time I rebooted to XP the Windows XP splash screen came up like it normally does but it never got the login screen The blue bar at the bottom just kept scrolling along Ok fine I shut it down reboot into safe mode and do a system restore That works fine I am back in buisness Reconnect the printer software and drivers install reboot same friggin thing So I thinking it is a driver conflict so I go back into safe mode and do msconfig figuring I'll just do a basic startup and see if what I am thinking is true I am logged in as administrator in safe mode and get this message when I make the changes quot An Access Denied error was returned while attempting to change a service You may need to log on using an Administrator account to make the specified changes quot Now I am really ticked I try and do a system restore again and I can't cause somewhere along the way I must have turned it off Is there anyway to manually turn the system restore function back on while in safe mode At least I might be able to restore back to a previous date Second What is causing the access denied error while using msconfig Thanks Shawn

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-scrolling-blue-bar-on-splash-screen-519341.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I came home tonight to my desktop P4's (XP Home) screen jumping and scrolling constantly. I left it on during the day and there was a bad storm here, but I have a surge protector (which I hoped would be useful during storms). I can't seem to do anything to stop the screen, but I know programmes are working because if I hit Start and then down arrow a couple of times it loads a programme OK - though I can't see through the jumping to know which programme I'm loading until I see say an Excel page through the haze. Help please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-scrolling-unstoppably-storm-damage.597008/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all,
Been getting random freezes lately where first my screen will freeze and then usually a few seconds after my mouse will and then i can only resolve this with a reset which then usually solves it.

It tends to happen after long use but my temps seem fine.

have gone into event viewer but it's all gibberish to me and i don't have a clue what to look for. would appreciate any advice you have to offer. I have posted a pic of my event viewer screen.

thanks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

this was taken just after i reset the comp manually

A:random freezing can only solve with manual restart. pics included

Sorry but I cant read the snip. I would also be interested in what it says in event viewer

To check for freezing/crashing you need to check several things.

1-Event viewer.

Quote:
Type eventvwr in search and go to the windows log>application tab & system tabs.
Look for errors. Errors have red in the left hand column.

Look for errors that say app hang, or app crash, or anything related to the problem.

Quote:

When you find them either take a screenshot of them and upload them to us, or note the event ID and source codes and look them up in google. If you cant find them in google tell us what they are.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/208642-random-freezing-can-only-solve-manual-restart-pics-included.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I was hoping you might be able to help. Since I have had a new motherboard put in I have had flickering when browsing webpages using the mouse or scrollling the page. Could it be the new graphics driver?

Sorry, I definately qualify as a newbie in this stuff.

Cheers,

Bruce

Relevancy 46.44%

im on windows 7 with an intel i5 2500k integrated graphics chip, and no other video card.

Every time I watch a movie (doesnt matter what I use, I tried VLC, media player, and media player classic) when there is a little bit of action or panning on the screen I get these horizontal lines that scroll down the screen. its like the screen gets displaced by a pixel or two where the line is.
I tried pausing it or screen capturing when the line is happening but it doesnt seem to show up in the screenshot.

I have gone through all the different de-interlacing options in VLC and nothing has made the slightest bit of difference for me.

One thing I noticed is that it doesnt seem to happen when watching a full DVD9 (or whatever) uncompressed .ISO...... but that could have just been I didn't notice it on that particular movie. . ..

Please help this thing is driving me nuts!

A:horizontal lines scrolling down the screen when watching a video

Quote: Originally Posted by spaciousmind

im on windows 7 with an intel i5 2500k integrated graphics chip, and no other video card.

Every time I watch a movie (doesnt matter what I use, I tried VLC, media player, and media player classic) when there is a little bit of action or panning on the screen I get these horizontal lines that scroll down the screen. its like the screen gets displaced by a pixel or two where the line is.
I tried pausing it or screen capturing when the line is happening but it doesnt seem to show up in the screenshot.

I have gone through all the different de-interlacing options in VLC and nothing has made the slightest bit of difference for me.

One thing I noticed is that it doesnt seem to happen when watching a full DVD9 (or whatever) uncompressed .ISO...... but that could have just been I didn't notice it on that particular movie. . ..

Please help this thing is driving me nuts!

usualy in games it has to do with ur graphics not being synced up with the games frame rate so you'le sometimes see like a weird hard gradient change (the line) that moves up and down the screen. dk if its the same with videos but i dont see why it could be so much different. it can SOMETIMES be solved with a better graphics card. chip sets are renowned for having problems and being a bit weak.

edit: it hits me, if its just one preticular movie than its possible same problem i mentioned but your computer is reading it at a higher or lower frame rate. standards are 30fps, 60fps 25fps, 23fps but some go higher or lower, just a possibility, couldn't tell you for sure though if its just this movie. mabe if you wanna try somthing called FRAPS, it will do a frame rate overlay and tell you the frame rate. if the movie is in an odd format it might not work, but it should, just, when the lines appear, look at the frame rate for a sec and u can see if thats the problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/187977-horizontal-lines-scrolling-down-screen-when-watching-video.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello There was recently a power surge in my nieghborhood and it effected my computer My hard drive and internet card were Lagging screen windows when moving scrolling/ [SOLVED] fried completely When I disassembled my computer we found that the heating fan on my graphics card had broken keep in mine the graphics card had worked perfectly fine Also i do not use any games on my computer so the card does not undergo vigorous use We bought the new parts and i restarted the brandnew clean hard drive [SOLVED] Lagging screen when scrolling/ moving windows and i [SOLVED] Lagging screen when scrolling/ moving windows went on the internet and did a search on google to find that when i scrolled down it moved in bars rather than a smooth flowing motion and when i minimized the screen and moved it around it lagged around quite a bit I am afraid i do not know how to figure what kind of graphics card i have if someone could tell me how i'd appreciate it i have service pack installed as well i was wondering how i could fix this lagging problem thank you JJ

A:[SOLVED] Lagging screen when scrolling/ moving windows

For the future, consider getting a UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply). They include Surge Protection.

This would have prevented what happened to you, especially if you used the UPS Utility and connection so it would automatically, and safely, shutdown your system when it detects a power problem.

Just remember, a UPS is designed to ONLY keep your system powered long enough to allow safe shutdown.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-lagging-screen-when-scrolling-moving-windows-276757.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Well before I got this problem my computer would crash whenever I tried playing Ragnarok Online Blank after loading the screen bar green side-scrolling By crashing I mean the screen will freeze and the audio will continue to replay whatever last sound it was playing like some broken record I had to force shut down it by pulling the power cord not even the power button works So when I did this I am not constantly getting this blank screen no white cursor after the green loading bar I have not even reached the login screen yet After seconds or so it will restart on its own and attempt a system repair but even after THAT restarts the blank Blank screen after the green side-scrolling loading bar screen comes on and it all repeats I ve tried several things so far Blank screen after the green side-scrolling loading bar My friend said she also had this problem and it was a problem with her ram so I tried every ram stick individually and the problem still persists System restore failed and every other time it errors out with something about invalid parameters Auto repair doesn t work I can t repair from CD because I bought this desktop pre-made by Dell so I did not get a CD with the delivery I tried pulling out all my hardwares except keyboard and mouse After ruling those out I was looking through the error reports in safe mode and I find that I got alot of quot Video Hardware Error quot so I m assuming the problem is with my graphics card I m Blank screen after the green side-scrolling loading bar currently using a NVDIA GeForce GS Vista Home Edition bit OS and Intel Core Quad Edit I d like to add that I was looking thru the hidden hardwares listed in device manager and I found a yellow exclamation next to quot Security Processor Loader Driver quot and my printer nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-screen-after-the-green-side-scrolling-loading-bar.891109/
Relevancy 46.44%

i am recently on windows 10 and using a touchscreen , when i reach the edge of the page and keep scrolling i have this weird effect on pages. is there any way to deativate this. bellow is a screenshot as example. is there any way to disable this scrolling effect?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/68607-problems-touch-screen-scrolling-boundary-feedback.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all,

Recently I have been having a problem with scrolling down Image intensive webpages.
The screen will go completely black and then it will come back in 20 seconds or so.

I recently changed the monitor I was using but the problem persists.
Strangely if the scroll wheel speed is increased and scroll accelaration is enabled the problem goes away. But the scroll speed is too fast for a lot of the applications that I use it for.

I am using a
-GeforceMX440 Vid card
- 2.0Ghz Pentium4
- 1Gb DDR Ram
- WinXp
-Logitech cordless mouse.

Any ideas? Could it be the video card?

Thanks.

A:Black screen when scrolling image Intensive Sites

Would it be safe to assume that you have an LCD monitor????

Your card is no Power House, I would not be surprised if it is a big piece of the problem.

Have you tried turning off image loading and seeing if the problem goes away?

What about scrolling with the Window made smaller, say 4" x 4"???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-when-scrolling-image-intensive-sites.437296/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I just turned on my computer today and for some reason I cannot scroll normally the screen literally repaints itself each time I do something no and Windows Repaints, Screen Slow Scrolling, Aero and I cannot use the Windows Aero interface anymore Also Slow Scrolling, Screen Repaints, and no Windows Aero whenever I start the computer it goes to the least possible resolution and I have to manually set it back to my preferred resolution I have tried to change it back to Aero in Appearance Settings but the only Windows Vista option is the Basic I Slow Scrolling, Screen Repaints, and no Windows Aero am currently running Vista Home Premium I tried multiple restarts as well as a system restore but they didn t help I have also done a virus scan with no problems though I think this is just an OS issue perhaps with the video card Although it is the same video card that came with the laptop when I bought it a couple of years ago nvidia geforce M G This occurs in all applications and has been happening for about hours now Any help would be appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Slow Scrolling, Screen Repaints, and no Windows Aero

Look inside the Device Manager for your video card. Showing any errors? Is it still activated?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-scrolling-screen-repaints-and-no-windows-aero.953615/
Relevancy 46.44%

Just had to reinstall WIN XP (don't ask ...see my other posts !) - have not (yet) been able to restore PC (THinkCentre 8422) to original manufacturer settings as one of my recovery CDs was corrupt - new set arriving soon - Everything working fine except scrolling in IE7, for example, is slow - I have display set at 1024x768. Suspect I don't have the correct video driver - as I haven't restored to original settings ....any ideas how I can update the driver without doing that ?

Looking in device manager under video controller I see "the drivers for this device are not installed" (code 28). When I click reinstall drivers it looks for setup CD....which I will have next week ..but as it's a complete recovery set I suspect I'll have to do another clean instal ...urghhhhhh .....

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys I was fiddling around with performance settings in my bios and after enabling a special cpu speed enhancement option I was unable to boot so I reset when and Solved: Screen etc. different glitching loading windows, scrolling the Cmos battery took it Solved: Screen glitching when loading different windows, and scrolling etc. out waited then put it back in to reset the bios I was then able to boot windows again Previously I remember I had the intel i cpu running at an oc d ghz and I ve had it like that ever since I first used it but resetting the cmos changed that to ghz but the cpu is supposed to be ghz That s the only thing I ve noticed since the reset that seems odd Now the symptoms After I booted up windows I noticed a couple of times the screen glitched across the entire LCD screen I loaded a game to test stability and noticed it was glitching again the same way during the menu screen and the loading screen but NOT during gameplay I found this to be quite strange I ve also noticed that as I m using firefox now when I scroll up and down inside the window here the entire lcd screen glitches much more while it scrolling and I don t mean its glitching in a laggy way I mean the entire LCD screen has these black glitchy lines that run through it quickly and disappear almost like a tv station that is not properly tuned not quite but similar Any idea what could have caused this following a Cmos reset EDIT I went back to bios and changed the cpu multiplier back to x and everything seems to be fine except for the fact that my wireless usb mouse seems to not detect automatically when windows starts like it was before nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-screen-glitching-when-loading-different-windows-and-scrolling-etc.1107350/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am running window 7 which came preinstalled on this acer laptop. 3 days ago this started, my home page is interenet explorer with nytimes as my home page, My mouse is a logitech that I use to navigate and scroll with.as soon as the screen appears and I start to scroll down on the right hand margin something picks up a header or an ad or a video off of the page and starts it flickering very rapidly in the upper left corner of the page, it also happened when I just navigated to you techguys.org it picked up your header and started it flickering and actually made it difficult to log on as your login is up in that area.I took a video of this dilema but I am not sure I can attach it to this for you to see. Thanks for any help , ideas or support as ever,
philherb

A:Internet explorer screen picks up ad or video when scrolling...

Try adding techguy.org to your IE8 Compatibility View Websites List.

Or, you might need to Disable Compatibility View if it's set for all websites:

Untick the Display all sites in Compatibility View check box.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-screen-picks-up-ad-or-video-when-scrolling.997981/