Windows Support Forum

Could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068

Q: Could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068

Printer Problems in Windows XP sp3
Dell Personal Printer all in one A940
After trying to speed up an older computer running Windows XP
I may have cut off the Print Spooler (or it was already off ?)
I went back to Services dialog box & selected Print Spooler
I clicked the "Start" link at left of service list & got a message tgat said
"could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068 The dependency service or group failed to start."
Printer is still not working can anyone help?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068

On Win/7 the dependencies are

HTTP

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
DCOM Server Process Launcher
RPC Endpoint Mapper
Manually start each on and set to AUTOSTART as you go.
If one fails, then that is the root problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-not-start-print-spooler-service-on-local-computer-error-1068.206839/
Relevancy 107.88%

I am attempting to the load the software for a Canon Mx850 printer to my Lenovo PC with Windows Vista.

I get the message Print Spooler Service has been stopped. I have checked in the services area and it is set to automatic. When I attempt to start it. I get the following Error: 1068 dependency service or group failed to start.

I have gone to the command prompt and typed the following: sc config spooler depend= RPCSS however I get message access denied. I am set as the system administrator. Not sure what to do at this point. Very frustrating. Printer works fine when connected to laptop. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:Print Spooler Service stopped Error 1068 dependency service or group failed to start

Double click on the Print Spooler service to open its Properties. On the Dependencies tab see upon what it depends, and trace back to see if the cause/fix can be determined. Caveat: no guarantee this will work any better than your command attempt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-spooler-service-stopped-error-1068-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start.915710/
Relevancy 93.93%

I have attempted to uninstall/reinstall McAfee antiVirus.  I have found that Windows Firewall service is set to automatic but will not start, giving the error in the topic.  I also find attempting to start IPsec Policy Agent manually fails as well.  I apologize as I'm not sure what to run in order to create logs needed for assistance.

A:Windows could not start the Firewall service on Local Computer. Error 1068:

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501900/windows-could-not-start-the-firewall-service-on-local-computer-error-1068/
Relevancy 80.91%

I am running Windows 8.1 and have recently downloaded a new printer to my computer. My home printer was a HP and was working fine but at work I use a Canon MF4800. I thought I could have them both installed and designate where to print based on my location home/work. However, now I keep getting the message that my print spooler isn't working. I have gone into services.msc and made sure that the designated places are running, but am still unable to print. In my device manager it lists the Canon printer in my software devices category, rather than under printers.?? There are no printers listed under the printer category. But is I go into add a new device, I can see both printers although both are inactive. I need to be able to access both printers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-1068-print-spooler-wont-respond.1158470/
Relevancy 80.91%

I'll start by asking for any answer to be as low tech as possible. The print spooler on my computer isn't running. When I try to start it, I get "error 1068: dependency service or group fail to start." I have been able (through much trial) to
determine that the RPC dependency is running, but cannot determine the same about the HTTP dependency. Please help.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0a25d417-a413-4ccd-b7fa-5432f1cc2016/windows-8-error-1068-on-print-spooler?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 110.94%

Hi guys,

I cannot Install a printer-driver on my windows-xp.
the Error that I get is: 'The Print Spooler service is not working..'

Well, I went to control panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services
right-click on 'Printer Spooler', the service is Automatic, but 'Stopped'.
I tried to 'start' it, but I receive windows 'Error 1068'
The picture at:
http://www.box.net/shared/nm2k898kk8

Does someone knows how can I solve that '1068 Error' ?

Thanks,
Ron

Relevancy 108.79%

My windows sec service center is not working and I already followed numerous advices from different websites but the error still there and keeps on prompting everytime I tried to enable the windows security service center Perhaps my laptop was infected by a virus malware not sure I think my brother did something downloading etc and got my laptop infected Please help below is my DDS as per the instruction DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by John Vasquez at on - - Running Processes C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Hotkey Support HPHotkeyMonitor exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe C Program Files x HTC Internet Pass-Through PassThruSvr exe C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Bin ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x TeamViewer start dependency error Error group 1068:1068 service failed Version TeamViewer Service exe C Program Files Altiris Altiris Agent x AeXNSAgentHostSurrogate exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Bin ccSvcHst exe Error 1068:1068 error dependency service group failed start C Program Files x Intel Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Error 1068:1068 error dependency service group failed start Windows SysWOW RunDll exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C PROGRA MICROS Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software Bluetooth Headset Helper exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office EXCEL EXE C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv w exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www symantec com enterprise security response index jsp inid biz SR sep V MR uWindow Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Intertek uSearch Bar hxxp www google com uDefault Page URL hxxps intranet intertek com mStart Page hxxp en v com utm source b amp utm medium bnd amp from bnd amp uid HitachiXHTS A E TF Y KJNUYCKJNUYCX amp ts mDefault Page URL hxxp en v com utm source b amp utm medium bnd amp from bnd amp uid HitachiXHTS A E TF Y KJNUYCKJNUYCX amp ts mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Symantec Vulnerability Protection D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Bin IPS IPSBHO dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO Adobe Acrobat Create PDF Helper AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat WCIEActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office URLREDIR DLL BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO Adobe Acrobat Create PDF from Selection F EE -DAA - - - D EE A - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat WCIEActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll TB Adobe Acrobat Create PDF Toolbar -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat WCIEActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll uRun BrowserChoice lt no file gt uRunOnce Adobe Speed Launcher mRun USB MON quot C Program Files x Intel Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe quot mRun IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIconLaunch exe quot C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe quot mRun QLBController C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Hotkey Support QLBController exe start mRun Adobe ARM quot C P... Read more

A:Error 1068:1068 error dependency service group failed start

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

The intention of this forum is not to replace a company's IT department, nor can we anticipate alterations or configurations that may have been made to a business machine, or how it will interact with the tools commonly used in the removal of malware. Administrator access is required for control of security applications.

More than one machine could be at stake, possibly even the server. If sensitive material has been compromised by an infection, the company could be held liable.

To prevent any possible loss or corruption of company information, please inform your IT department or Supervisor when a workplace computer has been infected, immediately.

If you do not wish to proceed, stop here and let us know.

Please download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.Do NOT click the green 'Download' button(if visible).
Click the blue 'Download now @bleepingcomputer' button.
Run AdwCleaner and select Scan
Once the Scan is done, select Clean
Once done it will ask to reboot, please allow the reboot.
On reboot, a log will be produced. It can also be found at C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S#].txt
Please copy/paste the contents of the log in your next reply.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.Double-click FRST64 to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
Make sure the Addition.txt button is ticked.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the Internet Services option remains checked.
Check all the other boxes.
Click Scan.
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/error-1068-1068-error-dependency-service-group-failed-start-958561.html
Relevancy 107.07%

We have 7 computers on a local network 3 of them have local printers 2 and are brand new Vista equiped. we shared the local printers on the vista machines but they are unaccessable from one vista to the other... it works from an XP to a Vista, but not from a Vista to a Vista.... go figure.... When we try to add the printers, the error message that we get is: "windows cannot connect to the printer. the local print spooler service is not running. please restart the spooler or restart the machine."
I would appreciate any help...
Thank you

A:windows cannot connect to the printer the local print spooler service is not running please restart the spooler or restart the m

I ran into this exact same issue today.

The way we fixed it was by checking the Properties on the Print Spooler service under services.msc.
Go to the Log On Tab and make sure that the 'Local System account' option is selected along with the 'Allow service to interact with desktop' box.

Then set the Print spooler service to auto and start it.  After that you should have no problem installing your printer (s). 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cad5221a-d21b-4bf0-8e86-cacae254cb52/windows-cannot-connect-to-the-printer-the-local-print-spooler-service-is-not-running-please-restart?forum=itprovistaprinting
Relevancy 106.21%

I just listen to your utube concerning the issue about "local print spooler service is not running". I would like to know the solutions for the same problem if you are running Windows 7 in 64bit. You address 32bit but not 64bit. I know Windows Fixit does not fix it. I am using an HP 2100m printer using IR. It work ok when I had windows 7 32bit, Now I have windows 7 64bit.

A:Local Print Spooler Service in not running

I think is a driver issue if you use the global driver for your 64bit that might work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-print-spooler-service-in-not-running.1135958/
Relevancy 106.21%

Ok, so this is what I did.
The other day my pc was infected with a virus, so I started a scan and got "rid of it" but I noticed that they were a lot of programs running on task manager so I started to delete the ones I did not recognized and one of them was the spoolsv.exe on system32. When I wanted to print a document it said that no printers were installed so I went to devices and printers and add a printer and I get a message: "windows cant open add printer. the Local Print Spooler Service is not running." So I got another windows 7 pc and I tried copying the spoolsv and spoolss.dll from that pc to the one with the problem and I'm still getting the same problem.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

A:Local Print Spooler Service is not running

Locate Control Panel and open Administrative Tools. Double click Services and look down the list for Print Spooler. Right click, select Properties and you'll find options to start the service.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-print-spooler-service-is-not-running.218323/
Relevancy 106.21%

Sirs. please help me to solve my problem about print spooler. I can't even START it, and also i cant stop it. The print spooler is not running. please help me

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Local-Print-Spooler-Service-is-not-running/td-p/5674119
Relevancy 105.35%

I am trying to add a network printer for my Dell M laptop which is running Windows Pro Bit When I select quot Add A Not Print Windows 7 Bit: Is Running Spooler Local 32 Service Printer quot I get a message stating Quote The Network Printer Installation wizard cannot Windows 7 32 Bit: Local Print Spooler Service Is Not Running be launched The local print spooler service is not running Please restart the spooler or restart the machine So I opened my services msc window and restarted the print spooler and verified that it is set to start automatically After this I tried adding a printer but I received the same error message again I've tried this several times and I've read many Microsoft tech support articles relating to this issue but none of the fixes have worked Oddly I have received another error message this morning when trying to add a printer Here is the message Quote ERROR INCOMPATIBLE SERVICE PRIVILEGE x A privilege that the service requires to function properly does not exist in the service account configuration You may use the Services Microsoft Management Console MMC snap-in services msc and the Local Security Settings MMC snap-in secpol msc to view the service configuration and the account configuration Does anyone know how to resolve this Thanks

A:Windows 7 32 Bit: Local Print Spooler Service Is Not Running

I captured this image showing that the print spooler is running yet I still can't add a printer:

Printer Error2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-32-bit-local-print-spooler-service-is-not-running-576104.html
Relevancy 103.2%

I cannot force the start of print spooler in services or msconfig on WXP, so I cannot install my software for my printer. I have gone to Microsoft and nothing to help out to force the spooler to start.
Any ideas? Registry?

A:Error 3 cannot find specified path for print spooler!! Cant start Print Spooler.

Try this:

Start | Settings | Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Component Services

In the tree on the left choose Services (local)

On the right scroll down to Print spooler and double click

Set Startup Type to: Automatic

Lydokane

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-3-cannot-find-specified-path-for-print-spooler-cant-start-print-spooler-143256.html
Relevancy 98.9%

I have a PC who's print spooler service will not start. It's set for automatic but it still won't start. If you start the service manually it'll start then when you try to print the service will stop and the job will not print. The PC runs Win7 32 bit OS. Are there any suggestion to solving this issue?

A:Print spooler service will not start

Try this:

1. Start > Start Search > services.msc

2. If spooler is not on, turn it on.

3. Start > Start Search > C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (Right click > Properties)

4. Click on Security Tab > Advanced > Owner. Take ownership of the file and give full permission to the file. Once done, close everything and try to start the service again.

5. Start > Start Search > cmd (Run as Admin using right-click)

6. del /Q C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS\*.* > Press Enter

7. Once done, try to start the spooler in Services

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/print-spooler-service-will-not-start-630365.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I've searched around the internet trying to fix this issue. I have a Lexmark x6170 All In One printer hooked up to the USB port and Win XP Pro. No printer shows up in control panels and when I try to add a printer I get a Message Operation could not be completed. Print Spooler not running. I have gone into msconfig and the print spooler is stopped and I see no way to restart it. I'm using Open Office instead of MS Word or works, I don't know if that could have caused a problem? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, restoring the system to a previous date and so on. Nothing works.

Am I going to have to re install windoze? I hope not

Someone please help me. . .

Relevancy 95.46%

After running windows in safe mode to test something my firewall stopped working. I need some help since i could not find anything related to this issue on Win10. When i try to initialize windows Firewall service i get the message error 1068 and when i try to run it through Control Painel i get another message error with the code 0x8007042c.
Anyone know what can be causing that? If you need, i can provide more information about the issue. Btw there is aN event log saved on my pc everytime i start windows (ID 7001)

i also cannot run SFC /scannow anymore.. this is getting annoying.

A:ERROR 1068: Cannot start Firewall service

The firewall service could be turned off/stopped - check this by searching for 'services' in the search bar. If the Windows firewall service is stopped, try and start it or if it is already running, try restarting it.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38541-error-1068-cannot-start-firewall-service.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Starting yesterday I haven't been able to connect to my network via Ethernet I'm using the onboard network Error DHCP Start Service Won't - Client 1068 adapter from my ASUS M N -SLI Deluxe mobo and Vista Ultimate Bit Under device manager my network adapter is NVIDIA nforce Mbps Ethernet That's a generic name I checked my mobo specs and it's specifically a NVIDIA nForce SLI MCP I have the latest driver which is My router is a Linksys WRT GSv I want to use a dynamic address I have a static IP set up on my wireless and that's working fine right now But I can't connect using either of my Ethernet ports I've switched ports on my router DHCP Client Service Won't Start - Error 1068 but my connects no problem so I don't think it's the router Under network connections my Local Area Connection is stuck on quot Identifying quot If I double click it and click details I have no DHCP Client Service Won't Start - Error 1068 default gateway Belarc Advisor tells me DHCP Server none responded I've been researching the problem as much as I can So my DHCP Client Service Won't Start I get Error Which is the dependency services or group failed to start The dependencies I have for the DHCP Client Service are Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock NetIO Legacy TDI Support Driver gt TCP IP Protocal Driver Network Store Interface Service gt NSI proxy service Under services I can see that Network Store Interface Service is running I ftyped net start AFD on cmd I was told that the service is already running So that leaves TCP IP but I am able to ping so I don't know what the problem could be here

A:DHCP Client Service Won't Start - Error 1068

Originally Posted by Tyler1986

Starting yesterday I haven't been able to connect to my network via Ethernet.

I'm using the onboard network adapter from my ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe mobo and Vista Ultimate 64 Bit. Under device manager my network adapter is NVIDIA nforce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet. That's a generic name, I checked my mobo specs and it's specifically a NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP. I have the latest driver which is 67.8.9.0. My router is a Linksys WRT54GSv4.

I want to use a dynamic address, I have a static IP set up on my wireless and that's working fine right now. But I can't connect using either of my Ethernet ports. I've switched ports on my router, but my 360 connects no problem so I don't think it's the router.

Under network connections my Local Area Connection is stuck on "Identifying..." If I double click it and click details I have no default gateway. Belarc Advisor tells me DHCP Server: none responded.

I've been researching the problem as much as I can. So my DHCP Client Service Won't Start, I get Error 1068 Which is the dependency services or group failed to start. The dependencies I have for the DHCP Client Service are

Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock
NetIO Legacy TDI Support Driver > TCP/IP Protocal Driver
Network Store Interface Service> NSI proxy service

Under services I can see that Network Store Interface Service is running. I ftyped net start AFD on cmd I was told that the service is already running. So that leaves TCP/IP, but I am able to ping 127.0.01 so I don't know what the problem could be here.

Hi,

1. Type netsh winsock reset catalog in elevated command prompt and press enter.
2. Once the command finished her work restart your system and try to start the service

Let me know the result

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/238665-dhcp-client-service-wont-start-error-1068-a.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi,

I have Windows XP SP3 installed on my desktop and suddenly my LAN/NIC is not receiving and sending packets from my network. The DHCP Client Services and TcpIP services wont start it gives error from the above.

From the device manager of non-plug and play drivers, the tcpip protocol driver, ip network address translator and netbios over tcpip has exclamation point. When I uninstall the drivers and start the services the connection is established but when I shutdown/restart the PC it will came back again the issue.

AFD is running

Below drivers are present in system32\drivers folder.

afd.sys
tcpip.sys
netbt.sys
Any ideas?

A:DHCP Client Service Won't Start - Error 1068

Hello,

I update the system and the LAN driver but still the issue exist.

I copy the netbt.sys from a working machine and paste that to the non-working machine. Same problem.

Is there other way resolving this issue aside from repairing or fresh install of the OS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dhcp-client-service-wont-start-error-1068.197233/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hey everyone. Yesterday I tried to print a document and got an error that there were no printers installed. I checked and all three of my printers were uninstalled somehow...

I tried going to My Computer > Manage > Services and Applications > Services > and starting 'Print Spooler' but got the error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

From that point on, I have no ideas as to how to solve this problem. Please help =(

Relevancy 93.31%

I get cannot start the print spooler service on local computer. I have set the print spooler to automatic and started the remote procedure call manager and set it to automatic but still get error. Please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-1068-the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start.973511/
Relevancy 93.31%

i am getting this error when i try to install a printer -Error 1068 the dependency service or group failed to start with some searching i have come up with that it has something to do with lexbce server but when i try to start this i get an error 3 message the system cant find the path specified does anyone know how to fix this thanks for your help in this matter

A:Error 1068 the dependency service or group failed to start

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-1068-the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start.406866/
Relevancy 93.31%

Alright in the last few weeks this error has happened When I go to control panel-- Security center it sais it is not running and I need to enable it When I go to services msc and try to enable it and my Windows Firewall Internet Connection 1068: Group Error Or Failed The Service Start. Dependency To Sharing ICS it gives me this error Cannot do this action on this local machine Error The dependency service or group failed to start I tryed going to registry making a new key named Security Center and a new DWORD and changing the Error 1068: The Dependency Service Or Group Failed To Start. value to This did not work Then I tryed enabling all the services that needed that one to run Everyone I could enable accept one process which gave me another error Also under ALL my services when I go to Properties-- the th tab quot Dependancies quot It gives me a Win error which might be part of the problem But basically obviously whoever knows how to fix this needs to know alot p I ve been dinking around googling it but no luck Anyways until I get this fixed I dont have my secrutiy center running or a Firewall Windows XP built in firewal which is my main concern becasue I need my firewall So yea Thanks in advance and I ll continue to research this topic Cheers Dane

A:Error 1068: The Dependency Service Or Group Failed To Start.

These 2 services must be running in order for the Security service to run:1) Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service - set this to Automatic2) Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service - set this to Automatic also.Then, if you still get an error - post back and we'll troubleshoot some more.Just in case, you might want to try a couple of these free, online scans to ensure that nothing has slipped by your protection:http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ - *For Internet Explorer*http://uk.trendmicro-europe.com/consumer/h...call_launch.php - *For Firefox*http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirushttp://safety.live.com/site/en-US/default.htmhttp://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default...id=ie&venid=symhttp://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.htmlhttp://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan.htmhttp://onlinescan.avast.com/http://support.f-secure.com/ols/start.htmlhttp://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/scan.aspxTrojan scans:http://scan.sygatetech.com/pretrojanscan.htmlhttp://www.windowsecurity.com/trojanscan/trojanscan.asp

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/37083/error-1068-the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start/
Relevancy 93.31%

This is my last try for help with this issue I'm going to start at start Base Engine 1068 Filtering not Error service will (BFE) the very beginning and I really Base Filtering Engine (BFE) service will not start Error 1068 hope this site can help me out First off I have a Dell desktop running Windows Home Premium connected to a Brother all in one printer I recently purchased a Dell Laptop running Windows and am trying to share the home group so I can use the printer on my laptop Now I'm not a beginner at this part so it should only take a few minutes to do this right Well obviously I have a problem which is preventing the desktop PC from sharing Open up printer settings and I try to change share options I click apply and get an error code stating it's unable to apply changes to the printer I'm pretty certain I know why it's preventing sharing but I can't seem to fix it The only antivirus software I have on the desktop is McAfee security center with paid subscription Easy way around that is to uninstall Did that reboot still can't start BFE or Windows Firewall Given error when trying to start BFE in Services and of course the firewall won't start without BFE I've ran the scan in command prompt I've scanned for viruses with MULTIPLE programs that were talked about in other forums I've ran registry repairs I've created everyone and gave all access to BFE in regedit I've done everything Base Filtering Engine (BFE) service will not start Error 1068 I can think of and BFE WILL NOT START Can someone please point me to the right direction This is a dang headache just to share a home group with my laptop especially when I don't print THAT much stuff anyway

A:Base Filtering Engine (BFE) service will not start Error 1068

Hello, lets look at these services. Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522563/base-filtering-engine-bfe-service-will-not-start-error-1068/
Relevancy 93.31%

I saw your posted of this problem but I can't get COMPUTER BROWSER, DHCP, NETWORK CONNECTIONS, NETWORK LOCATION AWARENESS to STARTED STATUS.
Please i really need your help. I tried to right click on each one above then click dependencies and i'm stuck here not sure what to do next..... PLEASE HELP.

A:Error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start

moved from windows vista forum to network forum

For those services not started/running,
then right click on the service
then from the menu choose properties and now check the dependencies.

for each dependency entry - Check each of one of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running/starting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services - Fabar Service Scanner, free

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.
We would like to see some status information for each of the services on the PC goto

http://www.technibble.com/fabar-service-scanner/

and download the free scanner tool

Theres a Direct link to the program here
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FSS.exe

Now "double click" on the downloaded file to run the scanner , the scanner program will now open

tick all the options. and then click on scan

the scan results will open automatically in a separate window in the notepad program.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

if you have any issues. A log file called FSS.txt will be created in the same directory as the program is run from.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-1068-the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start.1146544/
Relevancy 91.59%

Somebody Please help. I have been trying to get my windows firewall working and have spent hours searching forums. I came across a thread that describes exactly what is happening with my machine. Windows Firewall Authorization Driver - not present, not working, etc. I really dont want to format this machine. I have gotten as far as running 317 security check

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.24
Windows 7 x64 (UAC is disabled!)
Internet Explorer 9
``````````````````````````````
Antivirus/Firewall Check:
Windows Security Center service is not running! This report may not be accurate!
McAfee Security Scan Plus
WMI entry may not exist for antivirus; attempting automatic update.
```````````````````````````````
Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:
Java(TM) 6 Update 31
Mozilla Firefox (x86 en-US..)
[b]````````````````````````````````
Process Check:

A:Windows Firewall Service wont start error 1068 win secur svc missing

Jremmie,
First get that junk off of your computer!

Then:
1. Install MSE (link in my signature and use only that link!)

2. 2nd run WDO (once again link in my signature).

After doing those two things are posting the zip file that I'm going to request, come back. I will answer no questions until these two tasks have been complested.

HOW TO USE WINDOWS DEFENDER OFFLINE ON A USB STICK
Windows Defender Offline
? is a free standalone, bootable malware and virus remover from Microsoft.
? performs an offline scan of an infected PC to remove viruses, rootkits and other advanced malware.

Download Windows Defender Offline (about 764 kB)

You will have the choice of downloading the 32bit version (x86) or the 64 bit version (x64).
The link will help you determine whether you are running a 32 bit version or 64 bit version of Windows

NOTE!! You can download and prepare a 32 bit version using a 64 bit version of Windows
NOTE!! You can download and prepare a 64 bit version using a 32bit version of Windows.

You run the 32 bit version on a 32 bit version of Windows.
You run the 64 bit version on a 64 bit version of Windows.

The 32 bit download file name is: mssstool32.exe
The 64 bit download file name is: mssstool64.exe

For the curious, this program was originally name Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper.

INSTALLATION:
You will need an Internet Connection.
Insert 512 mB (Microsoft’s 256 mB is no longer accurate) or larger USB stick into a usb port.
Run the downloaded program--mssstool64.exe or mssstool32.exe
NEXT button
Choose the option On a USB flash drive that is not password protected
NEXT button
NEXT button
The install program will format the usb stick using the NTFS format.
The install program will download about 210 mB.
The install program will name the USB stick WDO_Media32 or WDO_Media64
The WDO_Media32 usb stick will have used space of 255 mB (268,140,544 bytes)
The WDO_Media64 usb stick will have used space of 282 mB (296,165,376 bytes)
You can expect the number of mB to increase as more malware appears.

UPDATE Windows Defender Offline USB stick:
? reinsert the usb stick
? run the installation program, mssstool64.exe or mssstool32.exe, again.
? the update will download about 66 mB (mssstool32.exe) and 68 mB (mssstool64.exe).

Since the malware database is sometimes updated several times in a day, always update before running.

PERFORM AN OFFLINE SCAN
Bootup your computer from the USB stick
Windows Defender Offline will automatically perform a quick scan.
After the quick scan finishes, Choose Full Scan
Select all of your drives

The initial, full scan can easily take several hours, but
Remember, your computer is being very thoroughly checked for all types of malware.

RESULTS OF THE SCAN
The results will be in 4 log files on your computer's disk in:
\Windows\Microsoft Antimalware\Support

==========================================
=========================================+

# **********************INSTRUCTIONS**************************
# STEP 1 ** RUN POWERSHELL AS ADMINISTRATOR ******************
# ************************************************************
#
# WIN key | type POWERSHELL | do NOT hit ENTER |
# in the PROGRAMS list, right-click on WINDOWS POWERSHELL |
# choose "Run as administrator" |
# Click on the YES button (if such appears)
#
# WIN key = key with Microsoft log on top
#
# for the guru:
# WIN | type POWERSHELL | CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER key combo | ALT+Y keycombo
# STEP 2 ** COPY AND PASTE ***********************************
#
# COPY the script using CTRL+C,
# COPY every line of script down thru both EXIT statements
#
# PASTE into Powershell
#----Right-Click at the PowerShell Prompt
#----(Ctrl+V does not wo... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/240984-windows-firewall-service-wont-start-error-1068-win-secur-svc-missing.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I have an hp laptop running vista business os when trying to start services wlan zero configuration I get an error 1068 service can't be started need help fixing this error

A:vista business edition error 1068 can't start wlan zero configuration service

Try this link http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-error-1068-when-starting-wzc-94273.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433758/vista-business-edition-error-1068-cant-start-wlan-zero-configuration-service/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello 1068: dependency group or service failed to - the Enviroment Buisness Error start. there I am a Systems Engineer trying to find a fix for the error nbsp the dependency service or group failed to start I have looked at all the forums and previous posts with people having similar issues but none of the fixes have Error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start. - Buisness Enviroment worked Resetting the TCP IP stack has not fixed this issue amp nbsp neither nbsp has system restore My issue has happened on machines and the only nbsp connection nbsp I can find is when you connect Windows nbsp Professional nbsp to a Widows Domain There seems to be little documentation on weather you need to upgrade the domain controllers from to before attempting to add Windows into the domain The corruption seems to start once the machine is on the domain and Windows attempts to install any program or run windows updates which is becoming very frustrating I have created multiple hard drive clones so i can revert back to a working state to aid me when trying to work around this With these Issues outstanding I can not think about upgrading the network from XP amp until these issues are fixed Can someone else let me know if they have had a similar problem when trying to upgrade there nbsp environment nbsp to Windows and server Regards Anton James

A:Error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start. - Buisness Enviroment

Hi Anton,

Did Windows 7 joined the domain? Have you narrowed down which service failed with error 1068? The error code indicates one service's dependency service or system component
fails to start.

I suggest checking the following services first.

Check service
----------------------
1. Click Start, type Services.msc in Start Search bar, and then press Enter.

2. In the right pane, double-click Microsoft Network Inspection.
3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, click Apply, click Start, and then click OK.

4. Also check the following services.

Function Discovery Resource Publication
Desktop Window Manager Session Manager
Network Connections
Network List Service
Network Location Awareness
Network Store Interface Service
Server
TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper

If you find any service cannot be started with the error, please let me know the service name and error exactly.

In addition, since the issue is related to Server. I also suggest confirming the issue with Server side.

Win Server Forum
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsserver

Best Regards,
NikiPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bb191e46-6c4d-4830-9654-0a040892aca5/error-1068-the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start-buisness-enviroment?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 90.3%

xp machine was replaced with new xp machine, old xp machine had no problems connecing and printing from the server. New Xp pro sp3 boots fine everything works, you can see the computer in network places, connects to server 2003 sp2 and prints remotely fine, After a period, 5-10 minutes i am guessing, of time the new xp machine disappears from off the network places list can not connect to shared files unless through a previously connected mapped drive, when trying to print out of the server says no printers are installed try to reinstall printers need to restart print spooler, to get server printers to show up. after resetting print spooler on Server still will not print. What is wrong with the xp machine. If I restart computer brouser services the new xp machine will show up in network places. I have searched several posts can not find an answer any help is appreciated, thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-browser-service-stops-crashes-print-spooler-on-server.1025891/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi !
I recently have this problem on the services,when i try to Start the service he give me this error "Windows could not start the "service name" service on Local Computer Error 129 0x89" i search on google but i don't find this error,so
i think it will be good when i ask the Microsoft Comunity . I need help ! Sorry for my bad english !
         Thanks !

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/91c47c43-879c-4e37-a3c5-52cc8550f8f1/windows-could-not-start-the-quotservice-namequot-service-on-local-computer-error-129-0x89?forum=itprovistahardware
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello I am trying to install my new Canon Pixma MP printer and cannot install its software because of this error quot Processing cannot be continued because the Print Spooler Service has been stopped quot It told me to restart so I restarted which did not start the Print Spooler I went to manage services Solved: Spooler Print 2. start. not will Error and tried to start the Print Spooler where it gave me quot Error The system cannot find Solved: Print Spooler will not start. Error 2. the file specified quot I looked up its properties where I found that it is set to Automatic The Print Spooler depends on Solved: Print Spooler will not start. Error 2. Remote Procedure Call RPC and hpdj depends on the Print Spooler HP deskjet series was my old printer I already uninstalled all of the HP Deskjet and Officejet software using its uninstallers and I force uninstalled it all again using RevoProUninstaller After the uninstalling and restarting I still cannot start the Print Spooler and continue to see the hpdj dependency and Error I can think of two possible explanations In uninstalling the HP printer software and deleting the leftover folders I accidentally deleted a Print Spooler file that I need Everything can be reinstalled from the HP CD or restored from the recycle bin so this should be reversible Some piece of HP printer software is STILL on my computer disabling Solved: Print Spooler will not start. Error 2. the Print Spooler I have an HP Pavillion a n Windows XP Home SP The HP printer programs I uninstalled are HP PSC amp OfficeJet HP Deskjet Series HP Deskjet Printer Preload Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 88.58%

I ve searched everywhere and I can find nothing that actually helps The problem The print spooler won t start when my computer comes on or when I try to start it from the services window I get an error which says it didn t respond in a quot timely fashion quot Steps I have taken none worked I reset my computer I opened Run and did quot sfc scannow quot which scanned but nothing seemed to happen I booted from my XP Installation CD and chose to repair windows it had recognized that it was damaged The repair was successful and fixed a few of my other problems but no print spooler I made sure lexbces worked and ran properly even thought it wasn t listed as a dependent I removed all traces of lexbces I made sure RPC was working I ran the Microsoft Fixit program for the printer spooler On light mode it processed but changed nothing On full mode it quot failed Start 1053) Spooler (Error Won't Print to process quot None of these helped at all The spooler still will not start and I get the exact same error I can t Print Spooler Won't Start (Error 1053) install my printer and I can t even frigging SCAN all I actually want to do I never print Because photoshop won t make a TWAIN for my printer and when I select WIA Support it says that no WIA devices are connected nbsp

Relevancy 88.58%

Hello everyone, I recently bought a new laptop with vista premium home. I have a lexmark z647. I downloaded a clean-up program from lexmark and ran it. Then i downloaded and installed the vista driver from lexmark.

when i attempt to print i get error 1068 the dependency service or group failed to start. I have tried to restart the spooler to no avail, also there are no dependencies listed under the spooler.

the printer shows up under programs, but when you go through control panel under printers it is not listed.

If I attempt to print say this page from my browser command I get a message telling me i must first select a printer.

I have tried several ideas from google through the command prompt but it tells me not allowed. This is regarding something about REGEDIT

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/124854-printer-spooler-error-1068-a.html
Relevancy 87.72%

This just started happening this week out of nowhere Print Spooler will not start I cannot start it manually Hamachi specfically LogMeIn Cannot Spooler Services>Error 1503: others Print start and Hamachi Tunneling Engine service gives the same error I haven't had any problems with any other services Upon trying to start the two manually I get the error quot The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion quot I've tried the following - System restore to a date I believe the spooler worked - sfc scannow and in safe mode - Chkdsk Auto fix errors - Windows Repair utility - sc config spooler depend RPCSS - Bruce's Printing Pages reinstalling printer - spoolsv exe and exe mui are in their correct locations Tried renaming exe to bak and the exe mui to exe - RPC services are running - DCOM Server Process Launcher is running - Tried cleanspl exe but it refuses to work on NT - Troubleshooted printer Finds spooler service isn't running Fails to start it With Hamachi Services>Error 1503: Cannot start Print Spooler and others I ended up reinstalling it then adding in a registry key as found on their help topic over the matter Just so much easier using this to play Sven Coop and Synergy Coop Half-Life mods The spooler once it turned back on normally I think that was after my first attempt with quot sc config quot Anyhow though it's never sticking and staying on after a restart and Services>Error 1503: Cannot start Print Spooler and others further use Classes just started up for me so I'm desperate to fix this now since its bothering me to no end and I need my printer I really really appreciate anyone trying to help If I forgot to mention anything or left out anything useful please ask me also If it comes to there is no absolute fix at all and I have to reinstall Win worst timing I think I at least have the weekend I did just build this at the beginning of the month

A:Services>Error 1503: Cannot start Print Spooler and others

Hey,
Try clearing out the Printer spooler folder,
Sometimes a corrupt print job can crash the print spooler services indefinitely, until it is manually cleared. Even though your printer may show 0 Print Jobs in queue
Hers how to:
Make sure the print spooler servies is stopped.
Click the start button, (bottom Left) Copy and paste the path below into the search programs and files bar,

C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS

This should open your spooler print jobs, If any files are showing in there, please delete them,
Then you will need to re-start the print spooler service:
Click on the Circle start button, This time, in the "search programs and files box"

Type: services.msc

Locate the printer spooler services - Right click it, and select Start.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/274322-services-error-1503-cannot-start-print-spooler-others.html
Relevancy 87.72%

to complete this operation I did find Print Start available resources Spooler Not 0x800706b9 enough Error these but don t know how to correct them or if they are causing the print spooler problems - - Info CSI b SR Cannot repair member file l quot utc app json quot of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI b SR Cannot repair member file l quot telemetry ASM-WindowsDefault json quot of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI bc SR Cannot repair member file l quot utc app json quot of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch Print Spooler Start Error 0x800706b9 Not enough resources available - - Info CSI bd SR This component was referenced by l Print Spooler Start Error 0x800706b9 Not enough resources available quot Package for KB bf ad e amd - neutral GDR quot - - Info CSI bf SR Cannot repair member file l quot telemetry ASM-WindowsDefault json quot of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l quot Amd CNBJ DPB quot of prncacla inf Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type l quot driverUpdate quot TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI b SR Cannot repair member file l quot Amd CNBJ DPB quot of prncacla inf Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type l quot driverUpdate quot TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI e SR Cannot repair member file Print Spooler Start Error 0x800706b9 Not enough resources available l quot utc app json quot of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI eb SR Cannot repair member file l quot telemetry ASM-WindowsDefault json quot of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI ed SR Cannot repair member file l quot Amd CNBJ DPB quot of prncacla inf Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type l quot driverUpdate quot TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI ee SR Repairing corrupted file ml l quot C WINDOWS SysWOW quot l quot dbghelp dll quot from store - - Info CSI f SR Cannot repair member file l quot Amd CNBJ DPB quot of prncacla inf Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type l quot driverUpdate quot TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI f SR This component was referenced by l quot Package for KB bf ad e amd - neutral GDR quot - - Info CSI f SR Cannot repair member file l quot utc app json quot of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-spooler-start-error-0x800706b9-not-enough-resources-available.1154168/
Relevancy 87.72%

Out of no where my printer can not be found by computer.  when I go to add a printer I am told I can't cause print spooler is not running.   When I try to start the print spooler I get errror code 87

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a756a12a-fd53-4a7b-84f2-363dac6a4f2b/print-spooler-will-not-start-error-87-the-parameter-is-incorrect?forum=itprovistaprinting
Relevancy 86.86%

HELP! I've tried everything, but I cannot get the print spooler service to start on Windows 10. I have viewed your youtube talk and did everything you suggested (e.g. no "lex..." thing going on). I have a brand new Dell laptop. Add Device found the printer (an HP Photosmart 5520 series) but it never connected or worked. I tried uninstalling the printer but it just stalls and does nothing. I've tried installing driver updates from HP, but they say "failed installation." The operating system error message I get is:

Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer.
Error 0x800706b9: Not enough resources are available to complete this operation.

What?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-could-not-start-the-print-spooler-service-windows-10-64bit.1154629/
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a customer with a Win7 Pro 32-bit PC that has had a HP Deskjet D2660 on it for 1yr that has been printing. They got a virus and used Malwarebytes to remove it. Now, the printer shows up as needing troubleshooting and will not print. The local print spooler starts, runs about 20 sec. and stops. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer. Any suggestions?

A:Local Print Spooler Stops

Hello,

I would try a system restore to a time before you had this malware infection.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425268/local-print-spooler-stops/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi agaim to everyone,

having another problem with my Dad's computer that I can't seem to fix. He installed a new AIO printer from Dell, but its not responding to the PC. Any attempt to print or set-up results in the error message "print spooler service not running". I've tested the printer itself and it's fully functioning, so I'm assuming the problem lies within XP. Is there anyway to turn the print spooler on?

A:Error message: "Print spooler service is not running"

Go to Start>Run> in the box type "services.msc" click ok

Look in the list that appears for print spooler and set it to automatic.

Reboot the computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-message-print-spooler-service-is-not-running-131010.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi

I have a windows 7 machine and when i go to devices and printers I cannot see any device. I only get the green bar that runs across the top. I tried the bluetooth service fix and no luck.

I have discoverd that if I stop the print spooler service, then I can see the devices on my machine but I then cannot add any printers cause the print spoller service is not running.

Please help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/421157/print-spooler-service/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi After running a registry cleaner service I have been unable to print I get need to add printer When I try to reinstall printer I get print spooler service is not running I first tried restarting printer spooler and I get error the dependency service or group failed print service spooler to start I tried the following that was suggested by print spooler service a friend Navigate to the windir inf folder it s a hidden directory so by default you won t see it in explorer either turn on quot show hidden files quot or use the command line and delete ntprint pnf printupg pnf infcache and any oemXXXX pnf XXXX being a sequential number Delete only the pnf not the inf - the pnf is the cached version of the inf and will be regenerated if it doesn t exist This didn t help Upon taking a long look at the print spooler I learned that it is dependent on LexBce Server When I try to start it I get error system can not find file A C search results in a couple dll files for lexbce but now server that I could identify Does any one have any suggestions Thanks James nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

I keep on losing my Print Spooler Service. I fix it with a program from Microsoft, but WHY DO I KEEP LOSING IT?

How do I fix it permanently?

A:Print Spooler Service

What do you mean by "losing it" - where does it go?
What program do you use to fix it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/print-spooler-service-526207.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I am trying to install drivers for my new Canon MP190 printer and I keep getting this message. "Processing can not be continued because the print spooler service has been stopped." It then tells me to restart the computer to turn the print spooler service back on. I have done this several time with the same error message appearing. Anybody know a solution?

A:Print spooler service

You need to check the Print Spooler service to be sure it's running.

1. Go to the Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services
2. Scroll down to the Print Spooler service is set to automatic
3. You can right click on the service and select properties to change the settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-spooler-service.832950/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi..
I have tried to install my canon lide 90 scanner using software downloaded from the canon website as i cant find the original software and basically my scanner wouldnt work so i thought i would uninstall it and re install it.
When i try to uninstall it i get an error message come up....

"processing cannot be continued because the print spooler service has been stopped. Restart the computer to start the print spooler service and then try again"

I have restarted and am getting the same message!

can anyone help?

A:print spooler service!

Start > In the search box type 'Services'
It will prompt you to run as admin, click yes.
Now you'll see a list of services, find Print Spooler.
Right click > properties then change to setup type as 'Automatic' then under service status choose 'Start' and now you should be able to use your scanner.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/print-spooler-service-390149.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I am running Win XP and the print spooler service at first start up stops times and then runes fine after I start the service my self I tried to look at the event viewer but that was of no help When I click on the link to search the MS knowledge base it tells me that it has no info I have already tried restoring files that were related to the spooler from my norton protected files but to no avail I tried running SFC but for some reason it is telling me that the files it Print Service Spooler needs can t be copied to the DLL cache Please help it is necessary to have this service running the printer has no RAM of it s own and I have several computers printing to it through out the day I am going to try to run recovery console to see it that works but I m not to optimistic Also how do I boot to last known good config Thank you all for the help nbsp

A:Print Spooler Service

Tap f8 at boot to get the menu with last known good. I've had luck with removing and reinstalling service packs when getting the could not copy files to dll cache in event viewer after sfc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-spooler-service.123761/
Relevancy 80.84%

The Print Spooler Service has been deleted from the list of Services. Is there a way to reinstall this service, without it I can not install any printers. XP Pro. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-spooler-service-deleted.389530/
Relevancy 80.84%

Dear Friends im using Windows 7 SP-1 but unfortunately PRINT SPOOL ERROR making my life hell.

I dont see PRINT SPOOL service in my services.msc even tried creating a registry entry for service as described

print spooler missing in services.msc - HP Support Forum - 187730

but of no use. Can anybody help me please?

I want my printer to print my documents .

thanks in advance.
Tharrat

A:Print Spooler Service missing

Hi, welcome to the forums, have you been able to print in the past? What printer do you use? The system name for the service is "spooler" Go to start search and type :- cmd right click on the returned cmd.exe and select "run as administrator" at the prompt copy paste:-

Code:
reg query "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Spooler" /s > 0 & notepad 0
press enter

Also from a cmd as admin (as shown) copy paste:-

Code:
echo > 0 & tasklist /v >> 0 & net start >> 0 & systeminfo >> 0 & echo >> 0 & notepad 0
press enter

Notepads will open, please copy paste their contents here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/print-spooler-service-missing-696347.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I have a laptop running Windows Vista.

Very often, when I try to print to my network printer, the program can't find the printer. When I try to add a printer, I get the message that the Print Spooler Service isn't running.

I found MATS (Microsoft Automated Truble Shooting) on Microsoft's website, and when I run this program, it fixes the problem. But it only lasts a short time, sometimes as little as a half hour, and the printer is gone again. Then I have to keep repeating the fix.

I have 2 questions.

1) Why do I lose the printer.

2) Is there a permanent fix?

A:Print Spooler Service not running.

Hi, go to start ,all programs, accessories and right click on command prompt select "run as administrator" at the prompt type:- (press enter after each line)

Code:
sc config spooler depend= RPCSS
net stop spooler
net start spooler

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/print-spooler-service-not-running-552812.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I am trying to print. No problems until today. When I attempt to print, message pops up, "Before you can perform printer-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer. Do you want to install a printer now?" (Yes or No) When I choose Yes message pops up, "Operation could not be completed. The Print Spooler Service is not running." (OK) It goes no farther. How can I clear this up? I did a restore and nothing changed. I have searched on the HELP pages to no avail. Can you help me?

Relevancy 80.84%

Environment: Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro / Windows 10 / HP Photosmart B210e - wireless connection
Issue: Print spooler service not running
Action: watched your YouTube video addressing this and how to restart spooler - I followed all of the recommendations ans when I tried to start the service I received a message " Windows cannot start print spooler on local computer (error: oX800706b9) not enough resources available.

Any further suggestions???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-spooler-service-not-running.1165824/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have a windows XPP system and when I try to install a printer i get the message, "Operation could not be completed. Print spooler service not running." THe print spooler is running in services. I have stopped it and started it again bur I'm still getting the problerm. Any suggestions?

HP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-spooler-service-not-running.689918/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have Windows 7 Professional Edition 64 bit.
I removed the print spooler service by mistake and i want to reinstall it now. I have tried "sfc /scannow" without any luck.
Is there any other way?

A:Print Spooler Service Removed

Hi,
I've uploaded the REG file for Spooler service here:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/misc/w7-spooler.zip
Unzip, extract the REG file to Desktop. Double-click to merge it with the registry. Restart Windows.Ramesh Srinivasan | The Winhelponline Blog
Microsoft MVP, Windows Desktop Experience

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9d0bd665-621d-449e-a22f-b512e068ba2a/print-spooler-service-removed?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi,

So when I try to install a printer driver to my notebook, I had this problem where it said that:
"Processing cannot be continued because the print spooler service has been stopped. Restart the computer to start the print spooler service and then start again."

I've tried to solve this by starting it through "services.msc" but when i click 'start' in the print spooler properties, this message pop up:
"Windows could not start the print spooler service on local computer.
Error 193: 0xc1"

Can you help me?

A:Problems with print spooler service

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ws-audio/77795eee-56c3-468d-b32c-be5987797dec

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-print-spooler-service.1124820/
Relevancy 80.84%

Please help Some time ago I had a problem after installing a printer with a driver downloaded from download com because I kept getting spooler service running??? not print errors related to print spooler service not running??? something called the quot spooler quot and I was never able to print any more I thought the problem was related exclusively to the downloaded driver and I thought that it would be solved as soon as I installed a brand new printer with its new driver Today I've bought a new printer Canon PIXMA iP and I've installed it without problems but I still cannot print Whatever I try to do with that printer included printing a document removing the printer seeing its properties etc is not possible because quot the print spooler service is not running quot according to the error message I've never been able to uninstall the printer with which all the problems started And if I go to Control panel gt Add or remove programs and I try to remove this printer I get a message saying that the spooler system has stopped and that I must restart the system to be able to remove the printer If I try to delete old drivers from any of the old printers I haven't deleted I also get the same message Printer cannot be removed Printer spooler service is not running More importantly when I restart my computer I get the following message To help protect your computer Windows has closed this program Name Spooler Subsystem App Publisher Microsoft Corporation Data Execution Prevention helps protect against damage from viruses and other security threats I really need to solve this Please help me with this I need to print PS Some news about the situation After some failed attempts I have succesfully uninstalled the old printer that I thought was the source of all problems but I still cannot print with the new one I get the following message when I try to print spoolsv exe - Application Error The instruction at quot x quot referenced memory at quot x quot The memory could not be quot written quot Click on OK to terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug the program What does that mean

A:print spooler service not running???

Hi brasmartita,

I'm experiencing a very similar problem in Vista Home Premium, my HP printer was working fine up until about a week ago and I now get the same error message that you're seeing. You can restart the Printer Spooler by going to 'Control Panel>System and Maintenance>Administrative Tools>Services' Find the Printer Spooler in the list, right click on it and choose start (incidentally, whilst you're there check that the 'Startup Type' is set to 'Automatic'). Unfortunately if your problem is the same as mine this won't resolve the issue as once you've done this and you then try to add the printer you'll receive the following error: 'Windows can't open Add Printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000006be)'. If, on the other hand, restarting the printer spooler fixes your problem then lucky you, enjoy many a fulfilling printing experience in Vista!

I've searched numerous forums, microsoft's site and contacted my printer manufacturer quoting that specific error and not yet found a solution...

Good luck to you and let me know how you get on!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/print-spooler-service-not-running-210255.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I have Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit. My HP printer was running Ok but has suddenly stopped. The Print Spooler service is not running and I cannot get it to restart. Services shows "<Failed to read Description. Error Code: 1813>"

When I try to start the service I get Error 1053:

I have unistalled the printer and tried to reinstall, but this will not work as the spooler is not running. Microsoft website recommended Registry Booster to fix this, but that has not worked

A:Print Spooler Service not running

try this: Fix printing problems by resetting the print spooler

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/262013-print-spooler-service-not-running.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi,

both of my printers:

HP 1022
Canon IP4300

Have stopped showing in any documents that I want to print from such as PDF Acrobat and Outlook 2010 and any other. They state that I don't have any installed but if I look in control panel then the HP is there but under unspecified and the canon has a yellow triangle.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate x64
If I try to print I get 2 things.

1) The active domain directory services is currently unavailable
2) If I try to add a printer I get the message "Windows can't open add printer. The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the machine".

Done that with no solution.

If I go into services I can start it but after \i reboot the PC it reverts back to being switched off.

Any ideas please?

A:Print Spooler Service Is Not Working

Have a look at this tutorial that explains how to reset the Print Spooler queue.

Print Spooler Queue - Clear and Reset

The problem can also occur if dependencies that the print spooler needs are not configured correctly.

In Services.msc, right-click Print Spooler and click Properties.

Click the Dependencies tab.
The first box lists the services that must be running for Print Spooler to start.
Note each service and click OK.
Start each service upon which Print Spooler is dependent if it is not already started.
If not, right-click the service and choose Properties and select Automatic.
If none of the above works you may need to re-install or update the printer drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/202899-print-spooler-service-not-working.html
Relevancy 80.84%

What can I do to keep the print spooler service from stopping all the time ?
I have to restart it almost daily.

Thanks in advance for assistance.

A:Print Spooler Service Stopping

Not much until you postghr information on the model and mfg. of the printer, along with how it is connected.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/70050-print-spooler-service-stopping.html
Relevancy 80.84%

The computer is running Windows 7 and suddenly most of the printers that should be available to print from disappear?. I found that in the services, print spooler was stopped and starting it again fixes the problem (temporarily). The thing is this seems to happen every few days, why might be stopping the service and how can it be stopped? The setting is to start the service automatically.

A:Something keeps stopping the print spooler service

I dont know of a solution, or even a known problem, but I do know you will need to supply rather more information. Such as - what printers are attached (list of makes and models) and how are they attached (networked, USB plugin, wireless plugin, cable plugin). Also have any or all of them got any controller software that runs permanently, and has any of that control software got properties that include time-out settings. What do you do with the PC at the end of each day, does it get switched off, hibernated or put to sleep? What are the power-saving settings you have for your PC as a whole, and the printers in particular?

On top of all that, it will probably be necessary for you to describe how, or if, you allow printer drivers to automatically update themselves, and some history of when did this problem begin, and does the start of the problem coincide with any major change to the PC, such as adding new hardware, updating a service pack, suffering a virus infection etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/something-keeps-stopping-the-print-spooler-service.202931/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have been for the last two hours trying to attempt to get my printer to work. My printer is not even showing up on the Printer and fax screen. When I hit add a printer it says The Print Spooler Service is not running. I have tried with failing several times to try to fix it and I new to fixing a computer.

A:The print spooler service is not running.

Take a look at this Microsoft Article

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-print-spooler-service-is-not-running.1063334/
Relevancy 80.84%

Currently I am having constant crashes of the print spooler subsystem The only error I get is the following Log Name Application Source Application Error Date PM Service Failing Spooler Print Event ID Task Category Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Grant-PC GAH com Description Faulting application spoolsv exe version time stamp x e faulting module ntdll dll version time stamp x e exception code xc fault offset x f process id xce application start time x c eb bc b Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win Print Spooler Service Failing events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Grant-PC GAH com lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt spoolsv exe lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt e lt Data gt lt Data gt ntdll dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt e lt Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt f lt Data gt lt Data gt ce lt Data gt lt Data gt c eb bc b lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name spoolsv exe Application Version Application Timestamp e Fault Module Name ntdll dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp e Exception Code c Exception Offset f OS Version Locale ID Additional Information d Additional Information ad ec aa c e b d c Additional Information d Additional Information ad ec aa c e b d c Extra information about the problem Bucket ID Any help would be great Thanks Grant

A:Print Spooler Service Failing

Hi, go to services.msc and stop then disable print spooler service then go to printers and delete your printer. Make sure the printer is on and restart the computer let windows reinstall the printer ,then go to services and start print spooler.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/print-spooler-service-failing-384753.html
Relevancy 80.84%

hi myrti It has been a while my computer has been running well until two days ago I discovered that my Antivirus was not updating and discovered that as of no more updates were received I installed a new version of Symantec - days ago I then decided to install AVG Somewhere in this all my printers were removed When I tried to reinstall a printer I received a message that the quot print spooler service stopped quot I went into Control Panel gt Services gt print spooler and discovered it was not running so i set it to Automatic and still cannot install the print software with the same message quot print spooler service stopped quot I went back to the services list and it was stopped again I then downloaded autoruns exe and discovered that all my printers were listed there Can you help me with this issue About five days ago just before this I noticed a Bogus Icon on my desktop called some type of antivirus scan Not sure if I m infected or if the new installations of antivirus did something Also ComboFix said it will not run with AVG installed Is that true thanks yarlacFot some reason I was not allowed to edit in my Log Files so I am starting a new POST I discovered that my Antivirus was not updating and discovered that as of no more updates were received I installed a new version print service stopped spooler of Symantec - days ago I then decided to install AVG Somewhere in this all my printers were removed When I tried to reinstall a printer I received a message that the quot print spooler service stopped quot I went into Control Panel gt Services gt print spooler and discovered it was not running so i set it to Automatic and still cannot install the print software with the same message quot print spooler service stopped quot I went back to the services list and it was stopped again I then downloaded autoruns exe and discovered that all my printers were listed there Can you help me with this issue About five days ago just before this I noticed a Bogus Antivirus print spooler service stopped Icon on my desktop some print spooler service stopped type of antivirus scan Not sure if I m infected or if the new installations of antivirus did something Also ComboFix said it will not run with AVG installed Is that true thanks yarlac LOG FILES DDS Ver print spooler service stopped - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Administrator at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Internet Security Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF AV Symantec Endpoint Protection Enabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C FW Symantec Endpoint Protection Enabled FW AVG Firewall Enabled Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Smc exesvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files ABBYY FineReader Licensing PE NetworkLicenseServer exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgfws exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k HPServiceC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system oodag exeC WINDOWS system IoctlSvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system PSIService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgam exeC Progr... Read more

A:print spooler service stopped

First, please remove one of your antiviruses.I do not recommend that you have more than one anti virus product installed and running on your computer at a time. The reason for this is that if both products have their automatic (Real-Time) protection switched on, then those products which do not encrypt the virus strings within them can cause other anti virus products to cause "false alarms". It can also lead to a clash as both products fight for access to files which are opened again this is the resident/automatic protection. In general terms, the two programs may conflict and cause:1) False Alarms: When the anti virus software tells you that your PC has a virus when it actually doesn't.2) System Performance Problems: Your system may lock up due to both products attempting to access the same file at the same time.Next please run OTL and let's see what's happening. At first look it appears not be a malware problem but let's check that out.Download OTL to your desktop.Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/410564/print-spooler-service-stopped/
Relevancy 80.84%

I am trying to install a Epson Stylus C42+ printer. After downloading the programme and starting installation the "found new wizard" dialog box states that an error occured in installing the device and "the RPC server is unavailible"

A couple of minutes later the printer utility setup dialog box states "The printer port is set to PORT"

My Adminisrative Tools file is empty and therefore can't find the services icon to reset my Print Spooler Service.

I've got Windows XP SP2 and Toshiba Satellite M55-S135. My download manager is Gigaget

Any advice on how to continue

Thanks

Marius

Relevancy 80.84%

I am using the Vista Enterprise SP1, one day, found that I can't print anything to a network printer, then looked into the Control Panel, everything under the folder "Printers" are gone, it's empty now!

I tried click the "Add a printer", got a error message saying "Windows can't open Add Printer. The local spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine."

I first rebooted the machine, nothing happend.

Then go to the Control Panel -> Services, I found out that the "Print Spooler" service is not on the list, it is missing.

So, I am stuck now, don't know what can I do next...

Please help!!

Thanks.

Zanc

A:Print Spooler Service is missing

Hi Zanc,

If the service "Printer Spooler" does not exist in Services, the service can be corrupt. Maybe only the Registry part is corrupt, I suggest that we try to repair it from the Registry first. However, please note that if it does not help, related system components may be lost or corrupt. In this case we need to run In-place Upgrade to repair the system.

Repair from Registry.
====================

1. Launch Notepad.
2. Past the following contents into Notepad.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Spooler]
"DisplayName"="@%systemroot%\\system32\\spoolsv.exe,-1"
"Group"="SpoolerGroup"
"ImagePath"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,\
  74,00,25,00,5c,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,73,\
  00,70,00,6f,00,6f,00,6c,00,73,00,76,00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,00,00
"Description"="@%systemroot%\\system32\\spoolsv.exe,-2"
"ObjectName"="LocalSystem"
"ErrorControl"=dword:00000001
"Start"=dword:00000002
"Type"=dword:00000110
"DependOnService"=hex(7):72,00,70,00,63,00,73,00,73,00,00,00,00,00
"ServiceSidType"=dword:00000001
"RequiredPrivileges"=hex(7):53,00,65,00,54,00,63,00,62,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,76,\
  00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,53,00,65,00,49,00,6d,00,70,00,65,00,\
  72,00,73,00,6f,00,6e,00,61,00,74,00,65,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,\
  00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,53,00,65,00,41,00,75,00,64,00,69,00,74,00,50,00,\
  72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,53,00,65,00,43,00,68,\
  00,61,00,6e,00,67,00,65,00,4e,00,6f,00,74,00,69,00,66,00,79,00,50,00,72,00,\
  69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,53,00,65,00,4c,00,6f,00,61,\
  00,64,00,44,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,65,00,72,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,\
  6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,53,00,65,00,41,00,73,00,73,00,69,00,67,00,6e,\
  00,50,00,72,00,69,00,6d,00,61,00,72,00,79,00,54,00,6f,00,6b,00,65,00,6e,00,\
  50,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,00,00
"FailureActions"=hex:80,51,01,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,03,00,00,00,14,00,00,\
  00,01,00,00,00,60,ea,00,00,01,00,00,00,60,ea,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Spooler\Performance]
"Close"="PerfClose"
"Collect"="PerfCollect"
"Collect Timeout"=dword:000007d0
"Library"="winspool.drv"
"Object List"="1450"
"Open"="PerfOpen"
"Open Timeout"=dword:00000fa0
"1010"=hex(b):32,c7,cd,6d,91,fb,c8,01

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Spooler\Security]
"Security"=hex:01,00,14,80,78,00,00,00,84,00,00,00,14,00,00,00,30,00,00,00,02,\
  00,1c,00,01,00,00,00,02,80,14,00,ff,01,0f,00,01,01,00,00,00,00,00,01,00,00,\
  00,00,02,00,48,00,03,00,00,00,00,00,14,00,8d,01,02,00,01,01,00,00,00,00,00,\
  05,0b,00,00,00,00,00,18,00,ff,01,0f,00,01,02,00,00,00,00,00,05,20,00,00,00,\
  20,02,00,00,00,00,14,00,fd,01,02,00,01,01,00,00,00,00,00,05,12,00,00,00,01,\

3. Save the file to Desktop with the name spooler.reg.
4. On Desktop, double-click on the file spooler.reg. When it prompts that it will modify the Registry, please allow it.

Then, check if the service works properly.

If the issue persists, please follow the steps below to run In-place Upgrade. Before running, please copy the folder C:\Users\[Username] to another place as a backup.

How to do an in-place upgrade on Windows Vista Ultimate
======================================
NOTE: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dc67cf1a-4308-4604-a8da-8cd7a7b8fe1d/print-spooler-service-is-missing?forum=itprovistaprinting
Relevancy 80.84%

hi...

I am trying to reinstall my printer, but i can't as everytime i try, i get this message up @the print spooler service cannot be started on local computer'.

It also says that the RPC server is unavailable. I have tried to rectify these problems, but i am unable to turn on the print spooler!!

Help me, please...thanks, bmfenner

A:Print spooler service won't turn on

Hello bmfenner

Check in the Registry and check this key and see if it is blank:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Spooler\\ImagePath

The value of the key should be:

%SystemRoot%\system32\spoolsv.exe

Or try and open services.msc is the the Run Command

Look for Print Spooler
Double click on it for its Properties.
Click the Startup type: set to Automatic
Click on Start.
if Start is grayed out.
then click on Stop. Then click on Start.

the path is C:\Windows\system32\spoolsv.exe

Check in that path if the spoolsv.exe if there,
if it is not you can copy it from another XP machine. Or from the C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386 dircetory
or search for it on your PC

Let us know if this has helped.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/print-spooler-service-wont-turn-on-32372.html
Relevancy 80.84%

(Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, HP LaserJet CP1215)

When printing from Word (or any other normal application) the documents just sit in the print queue with Status = "Error - Printing".

If I stop, then re-start the Print Spooler service, they then print.

Strangely enough, this does not happen if I print from the HP printer diagnostic utility.

I've done complete re-install of the entire printer driver suite and I'm pretty sure everything that end is OK. So what's happening with the spooler? The error message isn't exactly very revealing .

Any help gratefully accepted!

A:Have to stop/start Print Spooler to get documents to print?

My best advice would to contact HP with this problem. Maybe they might be able to help you.
Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/143887-have-stop-start-print-spooler-get-documents-print.html
Relevancy 80.84%

trying to reinstall my printer , when istall screen comes up a box comes on and states
PRINT SPOOLER NOT STARTED. DO YOU WANT TO START SPOOLER NOW I CLICK YES then
another box comes on and states OUT OF RESOURCES PRINT SUBSYSTEM IS UNAVALABLE
dont know how to get PRINT SPOOLER STARTED. I go to ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS,then to services, click on PRINT SPOOLER WHEN I CLICK START ERROR BOX comes on and states PRINT SUBSYSTEM is unavalible. SO how do i get PRINT SPOOLER to start? Printer was installed on my computer before and i followed same instructions but it wont let me install it now. PLEASE HELP

A:print spooler will not start/ print subsystem is unavalible

Welcome to TSG...What make and model is your machine? Which version and service pack is your Windows O/S? Make and model of the printer might be helpful as well.

Go to services again-double click the spooler service, click the 'dependencies' tab, and see if there are other services besides RPC which your print spooler requires. Some lexmark printers, for instance, require that a service called Lexbccs (not sure about the spelling) must also be running for the spooler service to start.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-spooler-will-not-start-print-subsystem-is-unavalible.624083/
Relevancy 79.98%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.90GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 1 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 511 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX, 32 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 38162 MB, Free - 14223 MB;
Motherboard: Intel Corporation , D850GB , AAA49507-904 , ABGB13429874
Antivirus: avast! Internet Security, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Hope I am doing this right! Have gone thru MANY threads. I did as Chef Tech indicated on 2 May 2007, Followed to the letter 3 times and got this response "Path does not exist" Had previously tried MS solution to no avail. From what I have read I am sure someone can help me. Glad I stumbled across this site!

A:Solved: Print spooler service is not running

What printer?
What did Chief Tech recommend?
Is the spooler service running?
Try the printer fix here:
http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/#tab0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-print-spooler-service-is-not-running.996112/
Relevancy 79.98%

Windows XP McAfee Internet print spooler service stopped Redirects, pop-ups, Security Issues Clicks on links or new tabs redirect to unwanted web pages MS msg Generic Host Process for Win Services encountered problem and needs to close Pop-ups most frequently Redeem Your Prize also Registry Virus Scanner PC restarts intermittently Recently infected with Trojan Horse Win PAV a McAfee quarantined one file deb- dd eff was unable to delete SUSP IRP MJ CREATE threats detected TDSS c mem MBAM Redirects, pop-ups, print spooler service stopped detected and removed two infected files and all was well for about a day but not now This morning upon startup msg from Microsoft quot Computer has recovered from serious error Please send report quot Link to send report indicates quot Corrupted error report quot - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware On-access scanning enabled Updated B EE - - CDE-A A-DD BA FAD FW McAfee Firewall enabled B - C F- -BDA - CA DA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Mcafee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS zHotkey exe C WINDOWS ModPS Key exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C PROGRA SBCSEL SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files NetZero exec exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client pnagent exe C Program Files AzureBay AzureBay Screen Saver WPChanger exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files NetZero exec exe C Program Files NetZero qsacc x exec exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS System mshta exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp my netzero net s sp uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO McAfee Phishing Filter b a- - a -b -be afe ab - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dll BHO Pop-up Blocker ef -d a - ad-a -e cf - c program files netzero qsacc X IEBHO dll BHO ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - No File BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files common files mcafee systemcore ScriptSn dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google googletoolbar dll BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c windows system BAE dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google go... Read more

A:Redirects, pop-ups, print spooler service stopped

hi,

Sorry for the delay, no shortage of posters. If you still need help post back. You should not use this computer until its cleaned up. Power it off so there is no connectivity.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/361678/redirects-pop-ups-print-spooler-service-stopped/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi Firstly sorry if this in Help? (Service many causes Spooler MSConfig) issues. Print is the wrong section but I didn't really know where to put it Now this is my problem Randomly my laptop running Windows Print Spooler (Service in MSConfig) causes many issues. Help? Vista Home Premium bit began behaving oddly Control panel would crash whenever I tried to access it I couldn't connect to any networks wireless or hardwired and my anti-virus wouldn't run After trying various things to no avail everything ran fine in Safe mode I tried a system restore This was unsuccessful not only leaving the same problem but adding to it Now whenever the computer booted it after login the screen would go black and I'd have to Alt-Ctrl-Delete end quot explorer quot and start it back up again After system restore failed I decided it may be a service issue so disabled almost everything and put the services back on at a time Using this method I found out the Print Spooler was the cause of these issues Keeping that disabled everything runs fine However I need to use my printer - thus the problem Does anyone have any knowledge of this or why it would occur Although it's not terrible that I can't print it's quite inconvinient Any help would be appreciated Thanks Tyno

A:Print Spooler (Service in MSConfig) causes many issues. Help?

I don't know it will help neverless try below methods:
Bruce's Printing Pages
You cannot add a printer and you receive printer spooler error messages in Windows XP

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/214123-print-spooler-service-msconfig-causes-many-issues-help.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I am running Windows XP and I have not been able to print in over three weeks The printer is directly connected with a USB cable There are no printers listed When I try service Print spooler is Solved: running not to add a Solved: Print spooler service is not running printer or print from most of my software the following error message pops up quot Operation could not be completed The print spooler service is not running quot I have started the print spooler service several times but the Print Spooler service will not remain started In Services the Status is blank and Startup Type is automatic I have tried to install a new printer driver downloaded from the printer manufacturer website I have not been able to find any viruses or spy ware I can not do a system restore because I found no restore points before the problem appeared I have not been able to find this exact problem while browsing this site and I would appreciate any help you could provide nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

I was recently hammered by a virus. McAfee told me that they would charge $89 to fix the problem even though I was already a customer of thiers. Well, they tried to clean the system and failed. I tried a few things and rolled back the system to about amonth ago and downloaded a copy of AVAST's virus software. It cleaned the system and everything "seemed" to be alright. Then I tried to print something and got the message "The Print Spooler Service is not Running". So I went to find the service and start it up, but there is not print service on the list. Either the virus distroyed it or the Guy from India with AcAfee blew it up trying to clean the system. Is there a way to get this service and load it to my PC. I am running Windows XP Pro. Thanks in advance for the help.

A:Solved: Print Spooler Service Missing

Hi mnruger, and welcome to TSG.

Duplicate posts of the same problem in different TSG forums is against the site rules. If you think you posted in the wrong forum, you should use the "Report" link at the bottom of the post to request a moderator or admin to move it for you.

Dup of:
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/793102-print-spooler-service-missing.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-print-spooler-service-missing.793100/
Relevancy 79.98%

Windows XP Home Edition. Turned on PC, and now I have these problems. For some strange reason, PC just will no longer acknowledge this printer. Lexmark Z82. I've been using it on this PC for 3 years.

Still got a couple other problems.

1st is the PCI Input Device. In Device Manager, I have a yellow exclamation marker on this device. I have uninstalled, attempted to update drivers etc...still no luck.

2nd,...is the printer. I keep getting this message. "Operation could not be completed. The print spooler service is not running." I have unplugged, tryed to download off the CD that came with printer, tryed to add printer for control panel. I keep getting this same message.

Any Ideas? Thanks

A:Pci Input Device--print Spooler Service

Do you have any idea of what the PCI Input Device is? Have you tried to "Disable" it, and if so, does this let your printer work? Have you tried removing and reinstalling the printer drivers?

Also, please go to Start...Run...and type in "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Scroll down the list that appears and look for "Print Spooler"

When you find it, see if it's listed as being "Started" and if it's status is "Automatic". If these settings are displayed, then the Print Spooler is working (and the problem is elsewhere).

If it's not, please right click on Print Spooler and select "Properties". Once in the dialog, under Startup Type - select "Automatic". Then click on the "Start" button. Once that's done, click OK to exit.

See if this enables your printer to function.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40517/pci-input-device-print-spooler-service/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi all

Fired up my laptop this morning and when I went to print I was told there were no printers! There should have been at least 4 including the Adobe PDF creator "print to"

I figure it was some kind of burp ... and simply went to add in my usual printer and when I Click "Add a printer" I get an error box telling me "Operation could not be completed. The print spooler service is not running"

Hopefully I ahve simply turned something off somewhere.... Any help would be appreciated!

TIA

Mike

A:Print spooler service not running WinXP

I'm all set here ... I went into control panel/admin tools/ services and saw that it was the dependancies that were not loading that prevented the spooler from loading ... reloaded the dependancy and we're all set now

You guys are STILL the best though!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/print-spooler-service-not-running-winxp-93627.html
Relevancy 79.98%

error event id: 7034

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is driving me nuts! Please help. What can be the problem?

=====
Date: 22-nov-04 Source: Service Control Manager
Time: 4:40:35 PM Category: none
Type: Error Event ID:7034
User: N/A
Computer: me

The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

==============

I tried deleting all my printers with Cleanspl.exe: (Spooler Cleaner). No luck with that. Then I thought of doing a selective startup but with almost nothing running still the same results, after a few minutes my printspooler went off. Help, help, this is so annoying!

A:The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly.

I had a similar problem. Upgrading to Service Pack 2 helped.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/the-print-spooler-service-terminated-unexpectedly-25534.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I had a warning that my printer spooler wasn t running for unknown reason since it wouldn t print any thing but I solved the problem A guy from another post said to do this below ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Start gt Run gt Type spooler 2 running is service not Print Solved: quot services msc quot Under Services look for quot LexBce Server quot gt Properties gt Under General Solved: Print spooler service is not running 2 Tab go to quot Start up type quot and Solved: Print spooler service is not running 2 select Automatic My problem was it was Disabled gt click ok go down to quot Print Spooler quot verify that Startup Type is set to Automatic gt then Start the Service Status gt click ok Control Panels gt Printers gt add gt voila ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- But there wasn t any quot LexBce Server quot listed so I went to quot Print Spooler quot and a window for that popped up and I click quot start quot since it said stopped and then pick quot automatic quot then hit ok after that my stuff was able to print again Thank You for giving me a head up on where to go nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-print-spooler-service-is-not-running-2.1007740/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi I m hoping someone can help me out here I have an XP Home box which prints exclusively to a network printer Xerox The port isn t an IP but rather server printer Here s the problem When I go to print anything pdf doc notepad etc it takes a very long time for spooler Network Printer print and service the printer properties dialog box to appear and then the same amount of time to finally Network Printer and print spooler service print Network Printer and print spooler service Note also that viewing the printer properties box directly takes the same amount of time which is very slow -- a few minutes Now here s the catch If I stop start the printer spooler service and then try print or call up the properties dialog box it is all back to normal -- opening and printing in a reasonable amount of time HOWEVER this only lasts a few minutes until it is back to being completely slow again The only resolution is to stop start the print spooler service to get it working for a few minutes More info there are no other printers attached but if I make the default printer the windows office document image writer the properties box shows up immediately Note however I have LogMeIn which has a printer driver but killing the processes services of logmein didn t help I ve shutdown all unneeded programs and services using process explorer to rule out an interfering program or service --- still the same slow result Does anyone have any suggestions Thanks Bradly nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printer-and-print-spooler-service.588796/
Relevancy 79.98%

I have a new Lenovo desktop with Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 process 3MB RAM 32 bit OS with Vista Home premium.

I have a Lexmark X1110 ink jet printer connected directly to the desk top and it works fine. When I try to connect a printer on my network sitting on another computer (HP1022 Laser) it finds the printer in the search when I try to connect I get "Windows cannot connect to the printer. The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine.". Since I do not know about restarting the print spooler I restart the machine when I do that and try again the same error shows up.

Any guidance wopuld be appreicated. Thx

A:Vista - Print Spooler Service Not Running

Hi ROMO. Welcome to BleepingComputer.

Click START, and in the search window type in, services and then press enter. Scroll down to the P's and see what is opposite Print Spooler. Double click on it and, if necessary, change the start type to Automatic. Click Apply/OK etc to back out of there. Reboot, and the service should now be running.

Cheers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/168774/vista-print-spooler-service-not-running/
Relevancy 79.98%

I was recently hammered by a virus. McAfee told me that they would charge $89 to fix the problem even though I was already a customer of thiers. Well, they tried to clean the system and failed. I tried a few things and rolled back the system to about amonth ago and downloaded a copy of AVAST's virus software. It cleaned the system and everything "seemed" to be alright. Then I tried to print something and got the message "The Print Spooler Service is not Running". So I went to find the service and start it up, but there is not print service on the list. Either the virus distroyed it or the Guy from India with AcAfee blew it up trying to clean the system. Is there a way to get this service and load it to my PC. I am running Windows XP Pro. Thanks in advance for the help.

Relevancy 79.98%

I have a Gateway laptop that I have been using for about three years. I have used a number of printers on it and am currently using an HP 4580 all-in-one. Recently the printer spool service stopped working for no apparent reason. In Administrative services I have tried to turn it back on but it seems to keep getting stuck in the middle and not succeeding in turning on.

How can I get it to start working again so I can print, make PDFs etc.? It is urgent as all my printing I have to email to friends or to work to print which is extrmely inconvenient.

HELP ! ! !

A:print spooler service stopped working

Assuming you have Vista Home Premium:

Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Administrative Tools > Services > Print Spooler (right click) > click on Restart

Did you perform the above steps? And it doesn't restart?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/317202/print-spooler-service-stopped-working/
Relevancy 79.98%

So when troubleshooting a Windows Update error Code I found that the problem Intelligent Background (BITS) Service 1068 Transfer start not ERR will seems to be that the BITS service isn't running When attempting to start the BITS service from the Services gt BITS gt Properties panel it shoots an error dialogue box reading quot Windows could not start the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service on Local Computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot It appears that it has several dependent services of them to be exact and I'm having trouble pin-pointing the issue It there a way I could just repair restore the whole tree of services killing the issue wherever it may be Thanks in advance Edit I'm backtracking all the services Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will not start ERR 1068 It seems Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will not start ERR 1068 that the BITS dependencies list just lists the Remote Procedure Call RPC twice When checking the Remote Procedure Call's status it is already started This is making no sense to me now Here's the tree of processes that the BITS service seems to Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will not start ERR 1068 be having problems with Edit I want to be very clear so here's all the info in screenshot form ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So I got this error when trying to use Windows Update V v Which after looking up the error code found that it has to do with BITS so it lead me to check the service which threw an error when I tried to start it V v So I then checked it's dependencies V v Which then led me to check on RPC which is already started and can't be stopped even if I wanted to V v and now I've hit at a dead end at figuring out where the problem is originating The only changes I've made to my computer recently was uninstall old games and programs and remove their folders from the hidden directories with names like quot LocalLow quot quot Roaming quot quot AppData quot quot Temp quot and quot ProgramData quot I only remove folders that are obviously parts of things I've already deleted such as the games I'm really hoping that this didn't come about from using CCleaner's registry cleaner too much I don't even backup the registries anymore because I've never had issues with it Perhaps I've put too much faith in it's accuracy And before anyone asks yes of course I've tried simply rebooting Didn't do anything to help Once again thanks in advance

A:Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will not start ERR 1068

Update : I have run the System File Checker and it detected no problems. Yet another attempt met with a dead end.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/262825-background-intelligent-transfer-service-bits-will-not-start-err-1068-a.html
Relevancy 79.98%

So when troubleshooting a Windows Update error Code I found that the problem seems to be that the BITS ERR start (BITS) Service Background will Intelligent not Transfer 1068 service isn't running When attempting to start the BITS service from the Services gt BITS gt Properties panel it shoots an error dialogue box reading quot Windows could not start the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service on Local Computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot It appears that it has several dependent services of them to be exact and I'm having trouble pin-pointing the issue It there a way I could just repair restore the whole tree of services killing the issue wherever it may be Thanks in advance Edit I'm backtracking all the services It seems that the BITS dependencies list just lists the Remote Procedure Call RPC twice When checking the Remote Procedure Call's status it is already started This is making no sense to me now Here's the tree of processes that the BITS service seems to be having problems with Edit I want to be very clear so here's all the info in screenshot form ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So I got this error when trying to use Windows Update V v Which after looking up the error code found that it has to do with BITS so it lead me to check the service which threw an error when I tried to start it V v So I then checked it's dependencies V v Which then led me to check on RPC which is already started and can't be stopped even if I wanted Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will not start ERR 1068 to V v and now I've hit at a dead end at figuring out where the problem is originating The only changes I've made to my computer recently was uninstall old games and programs and remove their folders from the hidden directories with names like quot LocalLow quot quot Roaming quot quot AppData quot quot Temp quot and quot ProgramData quot I only remove folders that are obviously parts of things I've already deleted such as the games I'm really hoping that this didn't come about from using CCleaner's registry cleaner too much I don't even backup the registries Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will not start ERR 1068 anymore because I've never had issues with it Perhaps I've put too much faith in it's accuracy And before anyone asks yes of course I've tried simply rebooting Didn't do Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will not start ERR 1068 anything to help Once again thanks in advance

A:Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will not start ERR 1068

This info may be helpful:
Background Intelligent Transfer Service | Black Viper | www.blackviper.com

also since it's a network doodad, you might be better off posting in the Networking subforum. You might ask the Mod to move this thread.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/262648-background-intelligent-transfer-service-bits-will-not-start-err-1068-a.html
Relevancy 79.12%

We have a Server Standard edition w service Print 2008 spooler Server stopping SP running Print Services role We have printers objects installed nbsp Running various printer drivers from HP Brother Xerox Konica Kyocera Toshiba and Lexmark I have tried to use the universal print drivers where possible nbsp HP Xerox Drivers installed HP Universal Printing PCL v x x HP Universal Printing PS v x x Xerox Global Print Driver PS x x Lexmark T MS x Lexmark T MS x Lexmark T x Lexmark T PS x Brother HL- Series x Konica Minolta PS x Kyocera KM-C KX Server 2008 Print spooler service stopping x Toshiba e-Studio Series PCL x The print server will run fine for awhile Server 2008 Print spooler service stopping ran all last week w o incident then the print spooler started crashing again nbsp It stops every few moments w o any technical staff making any changes to the print server Users are still printing Here's the event viewer information Log Name nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp SystemSource nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Service Control ManagerDate nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AMEvent ID nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Task Category NoneLevel nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ErrorKeywords nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ClassicUser nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N AComputer nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PS domainDescription The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly nbsp It has done this time s Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot D -A D - - E E- D F quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Version gt lt Version gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Level gt lt Level gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Task gt lt Task gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Correlation gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Computer gt PS domain lt Computer gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Security gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp lt EventData gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot param quot gt Print Spooler lt Data gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt nbsp lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ApplicationSource nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Application ErrorDate nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AMEvent ID nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Task Category Level nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ErrorKeywords nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ClassicUser nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N AComputer nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PS domainDescription Faulting application spoolsv exe version time stamp x e faulting module ntdll dll version time stamp x e exception code x fault offset x process id x c application start time x cabfaeffd bbbc Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Level gt lt Level gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Task gt lt Task gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Computer gt PS domain lt Computer gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Security gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp lt EventData gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt spoolsv exe lt Data gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt lt Data gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt e lt Data gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt ntdll dll lt Data gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt lt Data gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Data gt e lt Data gt nbs... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b34e49cb-a55b-477d-93c8-9344ecfe110f/server-2008-print-spooler-service-stopping?forum=itprovistaprinting
Relevancy 79.12%

I use a Canon MP220 printer on a Lenovo T60 computer running Windows XP SP3.

In between print jobs this afternoon the printer stopped working, with the message 'Print Spooler Service not running'. When I look at Settings>Printer/Faxes I no longer see my Canon Printer, though it was there last time I looked.

When I click on the Add printer icon I get the same error message.

What can I do to get my printer back again?

Regards, Alex

Relevancy 79.12%

I keep starting it manually and within 30 seconds it stopped. Its set to auto and restarted machine 3 times and still no luck.

Relevancy 78.69%

Could not start the Apache Tomcat service on Local Computer
Error 1067: The process treminated unexpectedly.

I installed Apache Tomcat on windows XP and unable to start the service.

Please advice

Thank you.

A:Could not start the Apache Tomcat service on Local Computer

Hello and Welcome to TSF,

Go here and look at this article:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/setup.html

control panel
admin tools
services
Apache Tomcat service: started, automatic

Note: Check the setupapi.log, setuperror.txt, setuplog.txt log files to see if a mini-setup error occured?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/could-not-start-the-apache-tomcat-service-on-local-computer-379726.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Greetings: I re-installed a printer (Dell 1210 All in One) on an old DELL pc, Windows XP, and cannot get it to install/print. It previously worked with this PC, but it reinstalled itself every time I booted the computer. (When paired with my acer laptop using Windows 7, all functions, including printing, work.) It will copy and scan with the DELL pc. I received the above message: "Could not start the print spooler service on local computer. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start." I obviously do not know much about computers, but am trying to learn some things by working with/on this old pc. Thanks for any help!

A:Error 1068: The dependency service...

1) Did you install the printer driver and did it install correctly? If not, go to the Dell Website and download and install the correct driver.

2) Go to START - RUN and type services.msc (then press enter). Locate the Print Spooler service and double click on the entry. Click on the "dependencies" tab. Now locate the services listed in the dependencies tab and see if they are running. If not, try to start them (if they are set to "disabled" you should change the setting to "manual" or "automatic"). Now try to start the Print Spooler Service.

Please report back.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569537/error-1068-the-dependency-service/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi
Could you please help me to resolve the above problems as the Windows security centre service can't be started. Thanks

Stephrafal

A:error 1068 no internet service

Hi and welcome to TSF

1. Click Start, type Services.msc in Start Search bar, and then press Enter.

2. In the right pane, double-click Microsoft Network Inspection.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, click Apply, click Start, and then click OK
let us know how that goes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-1068-no-internet-service-695464.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Print spooler error 1053 along with MP Navigator won't let my Canon MG6120 print or scan. Print spooler won't open gives me error code of 1053. was told to un-install MP navigator and reinstall it. It won't let me. Printer has worked fine until about 6 months ago when it won't scan .. 
Any suggestions?

A:Print spooler error 1053 along with MP Navigator won't let my Canon MG6120 print

Not sure what you mean about Canon software...what happens when you try to uninstall all Canon software...via Add/Remove Programs?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510639/print-spooler-error-1053-along-with-mp-navigator-wont-let-my-canon-mg6120-print/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi I hope someone can help me with the following problem For some years now I have a Sony VAIO laptop and a HP Laser Jet and I have made hundreds of prints without a problem I tried some days ago to print a page of google with an address and directions on it but that would on Solved: service running vista print windows spooler not not work When a day later I tried to print a normal word document I got the message quot local print spooler service is not running quot problem X ba I got another message quot spooler subsystem app has stopped working quot The document from google that I tried to print the day before is still on the waiting list of my printer and I cannot get that deleted When I trie to delete it I get the message that the local pint Solved: print spooler service not running on windows vista spooler service is not running I have tried about everyting possible to solve this problem from removing the installed printers which does not succeed for the same reason to trying to activate the print spooler in various ways but to no avail I would be grateful for any help that can be offered because I have spent several hours applying the various suggestions that were offered on this site and other sites but none helped Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

Relevancy 78.26%

h07 has discovered a vulnerability in Microsoft Windows, which can be exploited by malicious people to cause a DoS (Denial of Service)...secunia.com

A:Microsoft Windows Print Spooler Denial Of Service Vulnerability

Hi,and thanks for posting all these tips. I was just wondering who or what is h07. Sounds like James Bond...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74261/microsoft-windows-print-spooler-denial-of-service-vulnerability/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello,I've just noticed this service is using some local/remote ports allocated in the "Dynamic and/or private" range ports, which by definition, no ports can be registered in this range.Is this by design or do I have to re-check for spyware? Thanks in advanceIf it was helpful, please vote! ˇSi te ayudó, por favor vota!

W7 RTM x64 running along with Office 2010 x64 TP

A:Print Spooler Service - spoolsv.exe - Why using remote ports/TCP Connections?

This is by design. On my side I have checked in two computers. The listening ports that are opened by spoolsv.exe on the two computers are:
Both of them are dynamic ports.
If your firewall has blocked these ports, please add spoolsv.exe in the exception list.

Arthur Xie - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/53f7cf8f-4319-412f-a072-6071332a9d45/print-spooler-service-spoolsvexe-why-using-remote-portstcp-connections?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 78.26%

Quote Originally Posted by Zalith I noticed something strange today with my Print Spooler and I was wondering if somebody could help me with trying set manual Print mysteriously service [SOLVED] to spooler back to find if it is a problem and if so how to 'fix' it First of all before anyone asks I have no idea when this started or what changed before this [SOLVED] Print spooler service set back to manual mysteriously issue came up Printing is not something I do on a daily basis in fact it's very rare that I print from this PC I tried to print a document earlier to my Foxit PDF printer and when I did that I got a message saying quot No printers are installed would you like to install one now quot At this point I suspected something was not right with the print spooler service Checking in the Services list my print spooler was set to 'manual' startup and wasn't running at that point I set it back to 'automatic' startup and started the service without a problem and printed fine Anyway I haven't tried restarting yet so I'm not sure if it'll change after a restart but why would the description for the print spooler service show And what might have caused it to change from 'automatic' to 'manual' startup I'm sure I didn't change it myself ---------------------------------------------------------- Same problem here Which software can cause print spooler to go back to manual and modify in unreadable language the description of the service in regedit Thanks in advance for yor time I am running Windows bits -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Last edited by jamesbond Yesterday at PM I pasted that from a similar and old request from windows XP support Any hint on which software causing that Many thanks

A:[SOLVED] Print spooler service set back to manual mysteriously

Any hints anybody? Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-print-spooler-service-set-back-to-manual-mysteriously-508747.html