Windows Support Forum

Everytime My Brother Starts His Laptop The Shortcut Key For The BIOS Menu Automatically is pressed.

Q: Everytime My Brother Starts His Laptop The Shortcut Key For The BIOS Menu Automatically is pressed.

My brother's laptop is a Packard Bell EasyNote TK87, Like mine, it runs w/ 7 32-bit.

More Detail of problem:
When I click the power button it has the logo and option 'Click F2 for startup menu' I don't click the key and it says 'loading...' and I'll just rebooting the laptop. How to resolve this problem

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Everytime My Brother Starts His Laptop The Shortcut Key For The BIOS Menu Automatically is pressed.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Everytime My Brother Starts His Laptop The Shortcut Key For The BIOS Menu Automatically is pressed.

Go here and make sure u don't have a key stuck. http://www.keyboardtester.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/everytime-my-brother-starts-his-laptop-the-shortcut-key-for-the-bios-menu-automatically-is-pressed.206924/
Relevancy 81.27%

I  have purachase HP Pavilion on 8th July 2015, and now i am getting one strange issue in it. Its Enter Key is getting pressed automatically sometimes. I am sure there is nothing dorpped over keyboard before such as any liquid or so.  All its keys are clean. Kindly check or suggest me the solution on it.  Please reply. Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-laptop-keyboard-Enter-key-pressed-automatically/td-p/5687640
Relevancy 71.81%

i have a dell xps 14 with win 7 home premium. it automatically starts at 4 am every saturday sunday and tuesday. i have tried my bios setting but couldn,t find any power settings. if any one has any suggestions please reply.

A:my laptop starts automatically!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have a virus scan or disk defragment scheduled for that time?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/170936-my-laptop-starts-automatically.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello!

For the last month or so, I had a problem with my laptop. Every time I hibernate my laptop (a Sony VAIO EB3S1E) in the evening, it automatically starts-up at about 11:30 - 11:40 (AM) in the morning. I often hibernate rather than shutting down, because, being an original VAIO laptop, it has many start-up programs and services that increase the start-up time.

I looked for solutions, but neither of those helped:
- disabled Windows automatic updates (checked, because they were already disabled)
- disabled clock synchronization
- disabled AVG Anti-Virus automatic scan
- checked BIOS settings (there isn't any Power Management setting)
- checked router settings

Is there any advice you can give me to solve the problem?

A:Laptop automatically starts-up, even though I don't want it to

Go to Control Panel > System > "Device Manager" tab
Find your network adapter(s), right click and select "Properties". In the "Power Management" tab, uncheck "Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby".

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/288514-laptop-automatically-starts-up-even-though-i-dont-want.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have an ACER Aspire 5100 laptop. I just did an Acer Recovery recently and got my system back to factory settings after a problem. Now, after doing a bunch of Windows Updates, (I have XP), the system won't Shut Down on its own. It gets to the "shutting down" screen and hangs forever. I have to manually hold down the power button to get it to turn off. After turning it off, a few hours later it will restart itself, even with the lid closed! Any suggestions?
My only thought is to remove all the Windows Updates and see if that's the problem but i don't want to bother removing if there's another solution.

PS, the computer is not set to hibernate EVER. it IS set to shut down when the lid is closed but it doesn't do that. The fans seem to run often, if not all the time, too, and the laptop can get quite hot.

A:Laptop Haunted---starts Automatically

Make sure your network card doesn't have WOL (Wake On Lan) enabled. That allows the computer to be started by any activity on the network that attempts to connect to your computer. Normally that's located in the hardware properties of the network card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-haunted-starts-automatically-270631.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello folks I m having some issues with my laptop a Toshiba Tecra A I downloaded a file which was reporting to be a network utility from the internet as I downloaded it McAfee detected it as a trojan and deleted it However since then the computer has been much slower and has been turning itself on occasionally I also noticed that prg u exe is running with automatically something, infected laptop up starts I'm think itself I in the I think I'm infected with something, laptop starts itself up automatically background I just realised that before I did my log I ended that program using the task manager Here is the log I hope you I think I'm infected with something, laptop starts itself up automatically can help Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Luke at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT AV McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Enabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Antispyware Module Enabled Updated D B - E- - - C A Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise vstskmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C Windows system mfevtps exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise mfeann exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files McAfee Common Framework naPrdMgr exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Sony Ericsson PC Suite SupServ exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Softland FBackup fbaSched exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Users Luke AppData Local Citrix ICA Client concentr exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Users Luke AppData Local Citrix ICA Client wfcrun exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtSrv exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files Apoint K HidFind exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Windows system LogonUI exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosA dp exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHid exe C Program File... Read more

A:I think I'm infected with something, laptop starts itself up automatically

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/416538/i-think-im-infected-with-something-laptop-starts-itself-up-automatically/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hopefully someone can assist and apologies if this issue has already been dealt with.

I have an HP laptop that whenever I shut it down (shut down from Windows or manually holding down the button) within a minute it starts up again.

Any help gratefully received

Regards

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-shuts-down-and-then-starts-up-automatically.966293/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello, I have a problem with my notebook. When i start the notebook everything works fine.Windows is loading and i can use the notebook normaly. But when i want to load the bootmenu or the Bios it hangs. When i press ESC the only thing happens is:ESC.... Pause start-up at the bottom of the screen.and it hangs there.Does anybody has a solution for this problem? Kind regards, Fivepack

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-15-notebook-starts-fine-but-won-t-load-boot-menu-or-Bios/td-p/5662465
Relevancy 69.66%

I've been having problems with my older, upgraded (Celeron to a P4) Toshiba Satellite 1135-51553 running Windows XP Pro. When I turn the computer on, it begins to start normally, displaying the TOSHIBA logo boot up screen, then as it begins to boot, I get the blue screen of death for a split second, then the system reboots itself and the process is repeated over and over. I can't even make it to the Windows login screen.

I've tried starting in all 3 variations of SAFE MODE, but it does the same thing, begins to read the drivers, load, BSOD, then restart. I was told specific adult websites had been visited and there was some sort of registry error message.

Can someone please steer me in the proper direction so I can get my laptop back!

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

A:Toshiba Satellite Laptop Starts And Automatically Restarts

*bump* for my poor computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/62308/toshiba-satellite-laptop-starts-and-automatically-restarts/
Relevancy 68.37%

We just installed Windows 7 and everything is working well until I get into Word. If I accidentally hit the ALT key and on screen keyboard with shortcuts pops up and I have to hit the ESC button twice to turn this off....VERY frustrating when you are in a hurry! Can anyone help?!

A:Need to turn off Shortcut key pop-up when Alt key is pressed in Word!

Afraid this can NOT be turned off, and the Alt key shortcut is a Windows shortcut and has been there since Windows 95.
It is used in almost every Windows compliant program.

I Word 2007, a second Alt will turn off the display of the next step. There is no need in hitting the Esc key.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-turn-off-shortcut-key-pop-up-when-alt-key-is-pressed-in-word.942589/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a myriad of problems I get a message quot file name or assembly hpqfmrsc or one of its components Media no starts, and msg when Player Windows sound automatically Error starts was Error msg when Windows starts, no sound and Media Player automatically starts not found When using uninstall programs I cannot uninstall any programs and not all of the programs are there Media player sometimes starts automaticaly The sound on my laptop hp dv is not working Here is my hijack this file Thank you for all of your help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system mqsvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C WINDOWS system mqtgsvc exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run MsmqIntCert regsvr s mqrt dll O - HKLM Run High D... Read more

A:Error msg when Windows starts, no sound and Media Player automatically starts

Hello and welcome to TSF.

HijackThis is no longer the preferred initial analysis tool in this forum.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/error-msg-when-windows-starts-no-sound-and-media-player-automatically-starts-356295.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi
Recently we have had a strange issue. We are ruining windows 7 and on few systems it automatically presses the Ctrl key. It is not possessed through keyboard (physical as well as virtual keyboard).. It happens in itself.

Windows is updated with latest updates.

Same goes for the keyboard drivers.

A:Ctrl key is pressed automatically randomly itself

OK, I've got to ask....

Are you saying that you can see the CTRL key being pressed by a spirit or poltergeist, or that a function that is usually controlled by pressing the CTRL key is happening without pressing the CTRL key?

If it's the first thing then call your local news organization.

If it's the second thing, please describe exactly what is happening that leads you to this observation. What you've given us so far is not much to go on.

I assume you have checked the physical keyboard for a stuck key?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/314955-ctrl-key-pressed-automatically-randomly-itself.html
Relevancy 66.22%

My computer has started going insane and seems to have f11 being pressed constantly, which toggles the fullscreen on and off repeatedly and endlessly- effectively making my computer unusable .
I have to press escape to stop the filckering ( toggling between normal and full screen mode continuosly) It stops temporarily and then starts again.

A lot of people have similar problem but there is no solution given on any forum.
On this forum too there were a couple of such posts with no replies.
http://forums.techguy.org/virus-oth...7-windows-flickering-minimized-maximized.html
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1490618

Relevancy 64.93%

hey guys and girls too i having hard time with my laptop it started just like that out of the blue like all the problems it doesn t start It s an IBM the year when my grandma had the first date GbHz RAM win bios feels shadowed laptop it like; whenever starts xp sp when i start it it just stops with the logo IBM on the screen it doesn t go in bios or to boot it I stayed one day almost hours turning it off and on sometimes it starts when i start it and i press on Pause it says laptop starts whenever it feels like; bios shadowed BIOS shadowed Video Bios shadowed laptop starts whenever it feels like; bios shadowed All the others are PASSED Now i m trying to start it to get a BIOS update I m not sure what to do Another problem with this notebook- the battery is gone But this doesn t affect the all others It s all the time plugged in I would really appreciate your opinions and suggestions THANK YOU ALL peace and love even binary nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-starts-whenever-it-feels-like-bios-shadowed.759936/
Relevancy 64.07%

So lately i've had a few problems with my laptop fans where as soon as I start up the computer one of them just runs at full speed. Even tho the Laptop it self is not doing any heavy work, nor is hot at all. In task manager the computer doesn't show any tasks taking up high CPU usage, while HWiNFO tells me one of my two fans are running at full speed. Any idea what I could do to fix this issue?If you're missing some info just tell me and i'll hook you right up

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-fan-running-full-speed-as-soon-as-bios-starts-up-no/td-p/5846161
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello

I bougth new Notebook Acer 5741G which has Windows 7 X64.
When I start computer it always starts up automatically WiFi adaptor.

Do you think is it possible to disable that function?
I have tried to do that in many ways but I cant.

Thank you in advance

A:When computer starts wifi starts automatically?

Quote: Originally Posted by fett400

Hello

I bougth new Notebook Acer 5741G which has Windows 7 X64.
When I start computer it always starts up automatically WiFi adaptor.

Do you think is it possible to disable that function?
I have tried to do that in many ways but I cant.

Thank you in advance

don't you have a WiFi button on your laptop to disable WiFi?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/103918-when-computer-starts-wifi-starts-automatically.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey I got an asus g vw laptop I purchased an SSD a few days ago my laptop now uses both the SSD and HDD today it started up fine i however got a message from smartscreen windows saying my drive needed to be checked access BIOS screen, cannot HDD Asus black up, starts laptop or something well it checked the drives after that i got a blue screen which said select your Asus laptop starts up, black screen, cannot access BIOS HDD keyboard language i selected VN international upon which it didn t respond i just pressed the power button off to shut it off that way since i had to leave quickly Asus laptop starts up, black screen, cannot access BIOS HDD after i came back a few hours later that s when it didn t work anymore This happens when i click the power button These lights come on power the lock button and the HDD light however this one turns off after seconds My screen is black for the entire duration no logo no nothing i can t go into BIOS either What i ve tried - Removing the HDD and SSD multiple times starting up with only the HDD only the SSD with both etc - Turning all the power off removed the battery and charger pressing it down for seconds and restarting with only the charger back plugged in i did this for times - I tried removing the battery for an hour or so and nothing - I removed everything battery ssd hdd and let it stay for an hour also nothing - I tried using an external monitor but you can already guess nothing If anyone got any tips on how to fix this that ll be awesome nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-laptop-starts-up-black-screen-cannot-access-bios-hdd.1161470/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey I got an asus g vw laptop I purchased an SSD a few days cannot laptop screen, up, HD BIOS black Asus access starts ago my laptop now uses both the SSD and HDD today it started up fine i however got a message from Asus laptop starts up, black screen, cannot access BIOS HD smartscreen windows saying my drive needed to be checked or something well it checked the drives after that i got a blue screen which said select your keyboard language i selected VN international upon which it didn't respond i just pressed the power button off to shut it off that way since i had to leave quickly after i came back a few hours later that's when it didn't work anymore This happens when i click the power button These lights come on power the lock button and the HDD light however this one turns off after seconds My screen is black for the entire duration no logo no nothing i can't go into BIOS either What i've tried - Removing the HDD and SSD multiple times starting up with only the HDD only the SSD with both etc - Turning all the power off removed the battery and charger pressing it down for seconds and restarting with only the charger back plugged in i did this for times - I tried removing the battery for an hour or so and nothing - I removed everything battery ssd hdd and let it stay for an hour also nothing - I tried using an external monitor but you can already guess nothing If anyone got any tips on how to fix this that'll be awesome

A:Asus laptop starts up, black screen, cannot access BIOS HD

Did you try F2 or F12 on booting?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/127561-asus-laptop-starts-up-black-screen-cannot-access-bios-hd.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello All I have recently upgraded my computer to an Acer Aspire H i My old Brother laser printer HL worked fine via W and W on a previous computer Now it only works if I unplug and re-connect the USB connector or the power supply each time the computer re-starts On start up the printer shows as off-line and if put it online Devices and printers gt right click gt see what's printing gt uncheck Use Printer offline I get an error message Printer is in an error state or must re-connected printer time each to computer W10 be starts Brother quot Printer could print until I disconnect the USB or the power cord and re-connect it It will then work fine until I shut down the computer I have it connected by USB to a port at the rear of the Acer In Printer properties it shows as being connected to port USB Virtual Printer Port I'm using the most recent update of Windows I have Brother printer must be re-connected to computer each time W10 starts checked the drivers there are none available for download from Brother - not required apparently - and the installed driver is showing as quot up to date quot I have spent the last week trying various quot solutions quot found online but so far nothing works Any suggestions would be very welcome Stephen

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/63503-brother-printer-must-re-connected-computer-each-time-w10-starts.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Everytime I launch an IE window (v6.0.2900) a SVCHOST.EXE process starts and uses 100% of the CPU. If I kill the process all is fine until I start another IE instance or window.
I have tried replacing SVCHOST.EXE in c:\windows\system32 with no luck and I have also run the MD DIAGS to see if they had any suggestions - again no luck. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Relevancy 61.92%

everytime the pc re-starts appears a message saying " the application or DLL c:/DOCUME~1/Owner/LOCALS~1/temp/npa1.tmp

please someone would tell me what to do.

Thanks Franco Fabian

A:virus - my pc re-starts everytime

Please do this. Click here: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html to download Hijack This. It’s very important that you save it to its own folder on your hard drive, such as program files (not temporary files or the desktop), so that it can create proper back-ups and be able to restore them if necessary.

Close all open windows and open Hijack This. Click “Scan”. When the scan is finished (it only takes a second), the scan button will change to “Save Log”. Click on “Save Log” and then save it to NotePad. Click on “Edit” – “Select all” – “copy” and then “paste” into the thread.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET, most items that appear in the log are harmless or even needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-my-pc-re-starts-everytime.272673/
Relevancy 61.92%

I've posted this thread before, but got no reply, so I'm trying again. I'm really up a tree here! Can someone please try to assist me.

I?ve got Win XP S/P 2 installed and I?ve now installed IE7. However, it crashes every time just as it starts up and attempts to open a web page.

I?ve tried all of the following:

The following fix:
1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\UseCoInstall Setting the parameter for ?UseCoInstall to ?0??, but the sub key ?UseCoInstall? does not exist on my machine.

2. I?ve also installed the following hotfix: 308823_ENU_i386_zip
3. I?ve also started Internet Explorer (No add ons) from system tools.
4. I?ve also reset all Internet settings through the start/run command.
5. I?ve also set another web page as the default page through the start/run option.

Nothing helps, it still crashes, so what do I do next?

Thanks.
Nico Smith

A:IE7 Crashes everytime it starts

i had this same problem with ie7 so my friend told me that i should get mozilia fire fox and he was right it's so much better

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie7-crashes-everytime-it-starts-261275.html
Relevancy 61.92%

My pc shows BSOD everytime I enter windows. It happened after I installed the audio driver.

Here's my minidump

A:BSOD everytime the pc starts

one dump was caused by your display driver, and one by your audio driver. if you cant boot in normally, try in safe mode, or last known good config, uninstall both audio and display drivers, then use driver cleaner pro to remove traces of them. then reinstall the drivers, and see if you have problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-everytime-the-pc-starts.50266/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have been experiencing this problem for the last or weeks and even after a fresh format and instal it is still happening When ever i musing Windows and press the start menu with the mouse or the windows key with the keyboard my monitor Dell p pressed crashes when Vista button/menu start will go blank enter power save mode and my fans will speed up Sounds continue to play in the background for about - seconds and then hang I ve tried using the keyboard to shutdown restart but nothing happens After my format and install of vista everything was fine for a few day until I installed Command and Conquer Red Alert The game would load up and the intro movies and menus would work fine but as soon as I got to game play and would move the mouse around the map the same problem would happen in the exact same spot in the Vista crashes when start button/menu pressed game and now the problem is happening again in windows This leads me to belive that it might be a problem with Vista crashes when start button/menu pressed my video card or the drivers I have the lastest drivers installed at the moment but when I first had the problem I was using an older driver Is it possible that it s a problem with DX because thats the only common thing that I have installed ontop of windows in both cases or could it be a faulty video card GX or something else Any help would be greatly appreciated cause I have expended all my PC knowledge trying to solve this and an extensive google and forum search has turned up nothing Thanks nbsp

A:Vista crashes when start button/menu pressed

Have you tested your memory using something like memtest86? I'd let it run a few passes overnight. It sounds sporadic enough that bad memory might be the root of your problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-crashes-when-start-button-menu-pressed.780170/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a toshiba Portege running W7....my back space key displays the Extended display window (like for projector), my CTRL key too make a copy of any think highlighted when I press it, how do I sort that out....I have formatted and reinstalled windows but same problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/392953-back-space-key-displays-extended-display-menu-when-pressed.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Well my computer froze, and I restarted it. It got stuck restarting so I turned the power off. Now when I turn it on, it goes to the menu where the choices are Safe Mode, Normal mode and a few extras. I choose any of them , it flashes a blue screen and then restarts again, taking me to that menu again. The flash is like half a second, and I cant read it. Anybody know what is wrong? I cant turn it on at all. All the choices do the same thing? Is it dead? I dont have anything important on it luckily , other than some downloaded games and crap. Please help!!! What do I do?

A:Starts up, then restarts.... EVERYTIME, cant turn it on.

Same happened with me - couldn't see the screen not one bit. I found out the error message though which helped me a lot, if you find it out - you'll be able to get a faster result as people will know the exact error.

Try getting a camera and if you can put it on "continuous" shot or video it and pause it at that second. :P

Worked with me, took a picture of it lol.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/starts-up-then-restarts-everytime-cant-turn-it-on-270362.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C Program Files Command Software Command AntiVirus avinitnt exe C Program Files Common Files Command Software dvpapi exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System ndis exe C Program Files Command Software Command AntiVirus schscnt exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS System cvss exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS System S apphk exe C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe C windows system hpsysdrv spybot re-starts mi pc run I hijacklog, everytime exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C PROGRA COMMAN COMMAN untray exe C PROGRA COMMAN COMMAN avtray exe C PROGRA COMMAN COMMAN dvprpt exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS System P P Networking P P Networking exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr hijacklog, mi pc re-starts everytime I run spybot exe C Program Files America Online aoltray exe C Program Files AOL Companion companion exe C Program Files CyberPower PowerPanel PowPanel exe C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup windriver exe C WINDOWS FSScrCtl exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt hijacklog, mi pc re-starts everytime I run spybot exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files America Online waol exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files America Online shellmon exe C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents My Received Files HijackThis exe C Program Files America Online aolwbspd exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com hijacklog, mi pc re-starts everytime I run spybot R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http search media-search net nph-search cgi track mssrc amp look stmpl amp find R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch res C PROGRA Toolbar toolbar dll sa R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main CustomizeSearch res C PROGRA Toolbar toolbar dll sa F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS System Userinit exe O - BHO no name - - F D- C- E - A C E C - no file O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO no name - B A D-E - B -B - E FE B F B - C WINDOWS System hcijygo dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - - C- B - - D FEC A - no file O - BHO no name - F E -F E- B E- D - EA C E - C WINDOWS wsem dll file missing O - BHO no name - D A -FFF - F -B - A F B - C WINDOWS System yekmt dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar no name - BB F-A - C -A F- EA EC - no file O - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run Disc Detector C Program Files Creative ShareDLL CtNotify exe O - HKLM Run checktime c program files HPSelect Frontend ct exe O - HKLM Run NAV C WINDOWS System RuxDLL exe O - HKLM Run SQInstaller SQInstaller exe O - HKLM Run S apphk S apphk exe O - HKLM Run ocmueijjpq C WINDOWS System oehopi exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System ... Read more

A:hijacklog, mi pc re-starts everytime I run spybot

Hi francofabian,

It doesn't surprise me : with P2P materials, you just helped your system getting craps !
I suggest you to do as explained on this page http://www.pestpatrol.com/pestinfo/k/kazaa.asp ;

to anti-virus scan on-line there : http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hijacklog-mi-pc-re-starts-everytime-i-run-spybot.273765/
Relevancy 61.06%

Everytime I start my pc i recieve an error message that say unable to detect " c;/windows.xccdf16_090305a.dll. Anyone have any idea what this is and how I can fix the problem?

A:Error message everytime pc starts

All so I've have had alot of problems with updates lately .. i keep getting the failed message and it gives update code error 646 and 643 as the reasons. Any idea how to fix these problems?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-message-everytime-pc-starts-423219.html
Relevancy 60.63%

WILL THE HP RECOVERY MEDIA ALLOW ME TO START THE COMPUTER FROM THE DVD DRIVE

A:F2 KEY PRESSED AT STARTUP DOES NOT BRING UP THE BIOS

#HPExpertDayYes, you can boot from Optical drive if the drive is bootable and if the boot sequence is set right.If f2 isn't working then try 'esc' button and then choose the boot option.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/F2-KEY-PRESSED-AT-STARTUP-DOES-NOT-BRING-UP-THE-BIOS/td-p/5625199
Relevancy 60.2%

hi,

after i installed sp2 i try to start a program and the windows installer for
that program would run and i would have to cancel the installer before the program would start.

for an example i start msn messenger the installer for messenger would start
i canel it and then program will start.
it seems that any program that was installed using windows installer has
this problem

I`ve Tryied using the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility it works ok, but i have to reinstall the program that i "cleaned up" and then the problem comes
back .

Any ideas
Thanks
Brendan

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi

I have just loaded Outlook 2000 on my new laptop (windows 7) as i can't afford to upgrade to Office 2010 as well!

However now everytime I go into outlook as my default email etc.... Its driving me nuts! Can anybody tell how to stop thsi please?

Thanks

theboyjon

A:Outlook 2000 wizard starts up everytime

Just to add I have tried to do a repair thing with the CD MS 2000 disk and that has not worked either ! Help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-wizard-starts-up-everytime.1018880/
Relevancy 60.2%

hi,

after i installed sp2 i try to start a program and the windows installer for
that program would run and i would have to cancel the installer before the program would start.

for an example i start msn messenger the installer for messenger would start
i canel it and then program will start.
it seems that any program that was installed using windows installer has
this problem

I`ve Tryied using the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility it works ok, but i have to reinstall the program that i "cleaned up" and then the problem comes
back .

Any ideas
Thanks
Brendan

Relevancy 60.2%

I just put outlook2000 on my Win 7 machine. Every time I open outlook it starts the wizard.
Not my default email program etc.
Any thoughts on this problem would be apreciated.

A:Outlook 2000 wizard starts up everytime

Outlook 2000 is not compatible with Windows 7. See this: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/co...rch.aspx?l=en-us&type=Software&s=outlook 2000

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-wizard-starts-up-everytime.1040025/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey, guys. (& girls)

I've got something I can't solve:

Everytime I log in to my Windows Live online to check my Hotmail, Windows Live Messenger starts on the taskbar. It does the same when I log in on Technet Plus. (Wich also uses a Windows Live-ID). It only starts Windows Live Messenger, it doesn't log in on it.

I pretty annoyed by it and want to disable it.

Thanx allready.

Greetz Ronald E

A:Windows Live Messenger starts everytime I log in to WL.

Not used it for a while, but there is a way to stop it through options, untick the start when windows starts, i think

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/10406-windows-live-messenger-starts-everytime-i-log-wl.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi there!
Here's the message:

Windows cannot find 'csrcs.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

*computer seems to be loading slow too...

Hope u can help me solve this prob. Thanks. =)

A:"message keeps popping up everytime windows starts"

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerI'm judicandus and I'll be helping you out.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process. Please also continue to work with me until I give you the all clear. Even if your computer appears to act better, you may still be infected.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Once we start working together, please reply back within 3 days or this thread may be closed so we can help others who are waiting.Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (v1.50) and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2Malwarebytes' may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet and double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to this Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.Malwarebytes will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.Under the Scanner tab, make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Click on the Scan button.When finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box, then click the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked and then click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.Exit Malwarebytes' when done.Note: If Malwarebytes' encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes' from removing all the malware.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your de... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/366393/message-keeps-popping-up-everytime-windows-starts/
Relevancy 59.77%

Thisw is my first time posting on a programs everytime are run zelokore.dll message and computer starts forum I am computer tech working on a friends computer and everytime zelokore.dll message everytime computer starts and programs are run the computer starts I get a message saying quot the application or DLL C WINDOWS system zelokore dll is not a valid image Please check this against your installation diskette quot this is for any program loading I am putting the HJT log for this that was done a little while ago Please help I have tried alot of programs to get rid of this and nothing is working Logfile of zelokore.dll message everytime computer starts and programs are run Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exec Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files zelokore.dll message everytime computer starts and programs are run Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www gateway com R - URLSearchHook no name - - no file R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Hosts localhostO - Hosts awareremover microsoft comO - Hosts awareremover comO - Hosts www awareremover comO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run IntelAudioStudio quot C Program Files Intel Audio Studio IntelAudioStudio exe quot BOOTO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbam exe quot runcleanupscriptO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run MSSE quot c Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe quot -hideO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run NBJ quot C Program Files Ahead Nero BackItUp NBJ exe quot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - Extra context menu item amp AOL Toolbar search - res C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll SEARCH HTMLO - Extra context menu item amp D amp ownload amp with BitComet - res C Program Files BitComet BitComet exe AddLink htmO - Extra context menu item amp D amp ownload all video with BitComet - res C Program Files BitComet BitComet exe AddVideo htmO - Extra context menu item amp D amp ownload all with BitComet - res C Program Files BitComet BitComet exe AddAllLink htmO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft ... Read more

A:zelokore.dll message everytime computer starts and programs are run

Hi,Sorry for delayed response. Forums have been really busy. If you still need help with this do following, please.Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or here.Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool. When done, DDS will open two (2) logs: DDS.txt Attach.txtSave both reports to your desktop. Post them back to your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/264746/zelokoredll-message-everytime-computer-starts-and-programs-are-run/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all my error everytime PC wizard Registration starts up message I m in urgent need of help My problem is this My PC was infected with several viruses i updated my antivirus and scanned then removed all the viruses I had to repair my OS win XP SP after that i repaired it with a genuine MS Win XP SP cd The PC is functioning well now but everytime it starts up i get an error message saying quot the registration wizard cannot run because the system information it requires is either unavailable or incorrect quot I tried registering it online but after i fill in all Registration wizard error message everytime my PC starts up my details the wizard tells me that i was quot unable to register this time quot the only option is to click finish No other programs are affected by this as Registration wizard error message everytime my PC starts up far as i can tell Can you please tell me what are the likely causes of this so i can prevent it happening in the future and give me a solution I would also like to know how my system is being affected by this issue or is it safe to igonore it Any help is welcome Thank you in advance for your time nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/registration-wizard-error-message-everytime-my-pc-starts-up.651965/
Relevancy 59.77%

I recently just played around the Accessibility options and messed up my computer purposely just for fun. I enlarged text, pics, etc and the sort. After everything, I went through the Acc Options again, and reset everything.

But only one prob, now Sticky Keys are on every time my XP starts. How do I stop it? I've tried going through the Acc options but to no avail. Is there any other way?

Any help is appreciated, thanx!

A:How do I stop Sticky Keys starting up everytime XP Starts?

Tried a system restore back to before you messed up the settings?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/180054/how-do-i-stop-sticky-keys-starting-up-everytime-xp-starts/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I have an annoying problem with my wireless Internet connection. When the computer is turned on for the first time it says it has 'limited or no connectivity'. I then double-click on the icon in the system tray and enter the password for that connection. This immediately fixes the problem but I was just wondering if there was any way to get it that it doesn't need to be entered every time.

I have a dell computer, Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3. I use a BT Home Hub and a Belkin 54 Mbps wireless adapter.

Thanks in advance

Colm

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello
I've US-Robotics external modem 56Kb/s , but the problem that i off it sometimes and then restart the computer... but the PC thinks that i don't want to use that modem any more and remove its drivers from system... so that i have to reboot my PC again while the modem is ON status....

can i tell my PC to keep my modem drivers even if the modem is OFF while boot?

Thanks

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello so I uninstalled the cracked programme and ran a log again Basically the Windows7 everytime Pops up starts. 64bit compiter my problem is that the key generator file just pops up everytime my computer is booted up By the way the GMER application couldn't run as some system error Pops up everytime my compiter starts. Windows7 64bit message kept popping up saying it can't be run because it is being used by another process DDS Ver - - - NTFSX Run by DeLL Pops up everytime my compiter starts. Windows7 64bit at on Tue Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted c Program Files x Sensible Vision Fast Access FAService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral afc f cfedd STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exe C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Dell Dell Wireless WLAN Card WLTRYSVC EXE C Program Files Dell Dell Wireless WLAN Card bcmwltry exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral afc f cfedd AESTSr exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe c Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe C PROGRA COMMON McAfee McProxy McProxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files x McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files x McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Program Files Dell Dell Wireless WLAN Card WLTRAY EXE C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Users DeLL AppData Roaming svchosts exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe c Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exe C Program Files x Sensible Vision Fast Access FATrayMon exe C Program Files x Sensible Vision Fast Access FATrayAlert exe c Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe c Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BluetoothHeadsetProxy exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files x Common Files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C Windows system sppsvc exe C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows servicing TrustedIns... Read more

A:Pops up everytime my compiter starts. Windows7 64bit

BUMP, please.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/pops-up-everytime-my-compiter-starts-windows7-64bit-434821.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi about 3 days ago everytime i start my computer up a website gamesharbour.org pops up straight away?  i have tryed scanning my computer with malwarebytes, windows defender and Avg anti-virus and they all say there are no threats! i have tryed uninstalling firefox but then it pops up in Internet explorer, I am just wondering if anyone would know how to get rid of this problem as i think its malware but not to sure.
Any help would really be appriciated thanks.

A:Everytime windows boots up webpage gamesharbour.org starts up?

i have now resolved this problem as i found someone with the same problem on this forum and followed the step by step guide found here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548682/gameharbourorg-virus/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549030/everytime-windows-boots-up-webpage-gamesharbourorg-starts-up/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have the same problem too this is my report I need help too THANKS I MY MY SHORTCUT FILES. ALL INSERT USB REPORT. EVERYTIME IT PROVIDED IS I UsbFix txt Research Mode UsbFix V Research User EVERYTIME I INSERT MY USB IT IS ALL SHORTCUT FILES. I PROVIDED MY REPORT. THANKS Latorre Administrator LATORRE-PC Updated by El Desaparecido - Team SosVirus Started at Website http www usbfix net Forum http www sosvirus net Upload Malware http www sosvirus net upload malware php Contact http www usbfix net contact PC Sony Corporation VAIO CPU Intel reg Core i CPU M GHz RAM - gt Total Free Bios INSYDE Boot Normal boot OS Microsoft Windows Home Premium -Bit WB Windows Internet Explorer SC Security Center Service Enabled WU Windows Update Service Enabled AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated FW Windows FireWall Service Enabled C systemdrive - gt Fixed drive Gb Mb free - NTFS D - gt CD-ROM E - gt Fixed drive Gb Mb free - New Volume NTFS I - gt CD-ROM L - gt Removable drive Gb Mb free - FAT Active Processes C Windows system csrss exe ID ParentID C Windows system wininit exe ID ParentID C Windows system csrss exe ID ParentID C Windows system services exe ID ParentID C Windows system lsass exe ID ParentID C Windows system lsm exe ID ParentID C Windows system svchost exe ID ParentID C Windows system svchost exe ID ParentID C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe ID ParentID C Windows system winlogon exe ID ParentID C Windows System svchost exe ID ParentID C Windows System svchost exe ID ParentID C Windows system svchost exe ID ParentID C Windows system svchost exe ID ParentID C Windows system svchost exe ID ParentID C Windows system WLANExt exe ID ParentID C Windows system conhost exe ID ParentID C Windows System spoolsv exe ID ParentID C Windows system svchost exe ID ParentID C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe ID ParentID C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe ID ParentID C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe ID ParentID C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe ID ParentID C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe ID ParentID C ProgramData Skype Toolbars Skype C C Service c c service exe ID ParentID C Windows system svchost exe ID ParentID C Windows system svchost exe ID ParentID C Windows system svchost exe ID ParentID C Windows System WUDFHost exe ID ParentID C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe ID ParentID C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe ID ParentID C Windows system taskhost exe ID ParentID C Windows system Dwm exe ID ParentID C Windows system taskeng exe ID ParentID C Windows Explorer EXE ID ParentID C Users Latorre Desktop Games Garena Plus ggdllhost exe ID ParentID C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe ID ParentID C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe ID ParentID C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe ID ParentID C Users Latorre Desktop Games Garena Plus GarenaMessenger exe ID ParentID C Windows System wscript exe ID ParentID C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe ID ParentID C Windows system SearchIndexer exe ID ParentID C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe ID ParentID C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe ID ParentID C Program Files x MagicDisc MagicDisc exe ID ParentID C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe ID ParentID C Users Latorre AppData Roaming uTorrent uTorrent exe ID ParentID C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe ID ParentID C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe ID ParentID C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe ID ParentID C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BluetoothHeadsetProxy exe ID ParentID C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe ID ParentID C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe ID ParentID C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe ID ParentID C UsbFix Go exe ID ParentID C Windows system wbem WMIADAP ... Read more

A:EVERYTIME I INSERT MY USB IT IS ALL SHORTCUT FILES. I PROVIDED MY REPORT. THANKS

cainamye, to the BC forums.Can you provide a link to the instructions you followed, so I can have an idea of what you did?Have new instructions for you to follow as soon as you let me know.Thanks!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510615/everytime-i-insert-my-usb-it-is-all-shortcut-files-i-provided-my-report-thanks/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have the same problem too this is my report I need help too UsbFix txt Research Mode UsbFix V Research User Latorre Administrator LATORRE-PC Updated by El Desaparecido - Team SosVirus Started at Website http www usbfix net Forum http www sosvirus net Upload Malware http www sosvirus net upload malware php Contact http www usbfix net contact PC Sony Corporation VAIO CPU Intel reg Core i CPU M GHz RAM - gt Total Free Bios INSYDE Boot Normal boot OS Microsoft Windows Home Premium -Bit WB Windows Internet Explorer SC Security Center Service Enabled WU Windows Update Service Enabled AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated FW Windows FireWall Service Enabled C systemdrive - gt Fixed drive Gb Mb free - NTFS D - gt CD-ROM E - gt Fixed drive Gb Mb free - New Volume NTFS I - gt CD-ROM L - gt Removable drive Gb Mb free - FAT Active Processes C Windows system csrss exe ID ParentID C Windows system wininit exe ID ParentID C Windows system csrss exe ID ParentID C Windows system services exe ID ParentID C Windows system lsass exe ID ParentID C Windows system lsm exe ID ParentID C Windows system svchost exe ID ParentID C Windows system svchost exe ID ParentID C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe ID ParentID C Windows system winlogon exe ID ParentID C Windows System svchost exe ID ParentID C Windows System svchost exe ID ParentID C Windows system svchost exe ID ParentID INSERT SHORTCUT MY USB IT REPORT. MY FILES. PROVIDED EVERYTIME I I ALL IS THANKS C Windows system svchost exe ID ParentID C Windows system svchost exe ID ParentID C Windows system WLANExt exe ID ParentID C Windows system conhost exe ID ParentID C Windows System spoolsv exe ID ParentID C Windows system svchost exe ID ParentID EVERYTIME I INSERT MY USB IT IS ALL SHORTCUT FILES. I PROVIDED MY REPORT. THANKS C Program Files x EVERYTIME I INSERT MY USB IT IS ALL SHORTCUT FILES. I PROVIDED MY REPORT. THANKS Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe ID ParentID C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe ID ParentID C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe ID ParentID C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe ID ParentID C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe ID ParentID C ProgramData Skype Toolbars Skype C C Service c c service exe ID ParentID C Windows system svchost exe ID ParentID C Windows system svchost exe ID ParentID C Windows system svchost exe ID ParentID C Windows System WUDFHost exe ID ParentID C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe ID ParentID C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe ID ParentID C Windows system taskhost exe ID ParentID C Windows system Dwm exe ID ParentID C Windows system taskeng exe ID ParentID C Windows Explorer EXE ID ParentID C Users Latorre Desktop Games Garena Plus ggdllhost exe ID ParentID C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe ID ParentID C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe ID ParentID C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe ID ParentID C Users Latorre Desktop Games Garena Plus GarenaMessenger exe ID ParentID C Windows System wscript exe ID ParentID C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe ID ParentID C Windows system SearchIndexer exe ID ParentID C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe ID ParentID C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe ID ParentID C Program Files x MagicDisc MagicDisc exe ID ParentID C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe ID ParentID C Users Latorre AppData Roaming uTorrent uTorrent exe ID ParentID C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe ID ParentID C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe ID ParentID C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe ID ParentID C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BluetoothHeadsetProxy exe ID ParentID C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe ID ParentID C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe ID ParentID C Program Files x Google Chrome Application ... Read more

A:EVERYTIME I INSERT MY USB IT IS ALL SHORTCUT FILES. I PROVIDED MY REPORT. THANKS

Duplicate post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510616/everytime-i-insert-my-usb-it-is-all-shortcut-files-i-provided-my-report-thanks/
Relevancy 58.91%

Can anyone help me figure out what is causing this?

I'm using Windows XP, Intel, 512MB nvidia graphics card, over 1.5 gigs of RAM

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,
I Got a memory stick from a friend. He wanted to use a keygen, and because he didn't have an antivirus program, he asked me to scan it for him. I scanned it, and then run it just to show him there wasn't any virus inside it. when I tried to delete the folder that contained it, it said that it was in use. I restarted my computer, and to my amazement, the keygen showed up and started playing that music. Then I closed it and I managed to delete the folder that contained it. I restarted again, and the keygen still shows up. I've looked everywhere for a solution, but I can't find one! Please help me out here! I am really scared.

A:Virus Keygen Starts everytime I boot into Windows. PLEase help ASAP!

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/virus-keygen-starts-everytime-i-boot-into-windows-please-help-asap-537025.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Sina administrator on SINATHESAINT - - Running from C Users Sina Downloads Programs Loaded Profiles Sina Available Profiles Sina Platform Microsoft Windows Home Version X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Edge Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved IObit C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare Ultimate ASCAvSvc exe IObit C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare Ultimate error (includes up my script pops windows10 pic) everytime starts! ASCService exe Intel Corporation C script error pops up everytime my windows10 starts! (includes pic) Windows System igfxCUIService exe ASUSTek Computer Inc C Program Files ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey AsLdrSrv exe ASUS C Program Files ASUS ATK Package ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe ASUSTek Computer Inc C Program Files ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey AsHidSrv exe Intel Corporation C Windows System DptfParticipantProcessorService exe Intel Corporation C Windows System DptfPolicyLpmService exe Intel Corporation C Windows System DptfPolicyCriticalService exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel TXE Components TCS HeciServer exe IObit C Program Files IObit LiveUpdate LiveUpdate exe ASUSTek Computer Inc C Program Files ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey HControl exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v WPF script error pops up everytime my windows10 starts! (includes pic) PresentationFontCache exe IObit C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare Ultimate Monitor exe ASUSTek Computer INC C ProgramData AsTouchPanel AsPatchTouchPanel exe ASUSTek Computer INC C Program Files ASUS ASUS AC Reminder ACReminderSrv exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxEM exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxHK exe ASUSTek Computer script error pops up everytime my windows10 starts! (includes pic) Inc C Program Files ASUS ATK Package ATKOSD ATKOSD exe ASUSTek Computer Inc C Program Files ASUS ATK Package ATK Media DMedia exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System Speech OneCore Common SpeechRuntime exe C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft SkypeApp x kzf qxf zg c SkypeHost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SystemApps Microsoft Windows Cortana cw n h txyewy RemindersServer exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wbem unsecapp exe AsusTek C Program Files ASUS ASUS Smart Gesture AsTPCenter x AsusTPLoader exe AsusTek C Program Files ASUS ASUS Smart Gesture AsTPCenter x AsusTPCenter exe AsusTek C Program Files ASUS ASUS Smart Gesture AsTPCenter x AsusTPHelper exe ASUSTeK Computer Inc C Program Files ASUS ASUS Smart Gesture AsTPCenter x AsusSGPlusBTServer exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System smartscreen exe Intel Corporation C Windows System DptfPolicyLpmServiceHelper exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio AP RtkNGUI exe IObit C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare Ultimate ASCTray exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System regsvr exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System mshta exe C Users Sina AppData Local Okscics tmp F exe IObit C Program Files IObit IObit Uninstaller UninstallMonitor exe IObit C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare Ultimate ASC exe Intel Corporation C Program Files Intel TXE Components DAL jhi service exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SystemApps Microsoft MicrosoftEdge wekyb d bbwe MicrosoftEdge exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System browser broker exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System InstallAgent exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SystemApps Microsoft MicrosoftEdge wekyb d bbwe MicrosoftEdgeCP exe Microsoft Corporation C Window... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/626561/script-error-pops-up-everytime-my-windows10-starts-includes-pic/
Relevancy 58.91%

A few months ago I had Conduit control center appear on my PC and I a SearchProtect VC64Loader.dll program starts Image' everytime 'Bad recieved removed both it and Search Protect by Conduit from my computer and removed all the files associated with them or so I thought yesterday when my computer started I received a long string of repeating errors I also receive an SearchProtect VC64Loader.dll 'Bad Image' recieved everytime a program starts error every time a program initializes Here is what the errors look like C PROGRA SearchProtect SearchProtect bin VC Loader dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support C PROGRA SearchProtect SearchProtect bin VC Loader dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support Try as I might I can't figure out how to remove these errors and so here I am asking for assistance Even while running FRST exe I got of the errors while the scan ran Here is the information from FRST txt Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Owner administrator on OWNER-PC on - - Running from C Users Owner Downloads Loaded Profiles Owner Available profiles Owner Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe Logitech Inc C Program Files x Common Files logishrd LVMVFM UMVPFSrv exe Wacom Technology Corp C Program Files Tablet Pen WTabletServiceCon exe Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Office ClientX officeclicktorun exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation GeForce Experience Service GfExperienceService exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe LogMeIn Inc C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files MariaDB bin mysqld exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira My Avira Avira OE ServiceHost exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE LogMeIn Inc C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Common Files microsoft shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Cor... Read more

A:SearchProtect VC64Loader.dll 'Bad Image' recieved everytime a program starts

Hello MyDearBrutus and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.

My name is Yılmaz and I'll help you with the cleanup of malware from your computer.
Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.
Please complete all steps in the specified order.
Even if tools don't find malware, I want you to post the logfiles anyway.
Please copy and paste the logfiles directly into your posts. Please do not attach them unless you are instructed to do so.
Read the instructions carefully. If you have problems, stop what you  were doing and describe the problems you encountered as precisely as  you can.
Don't install or uninstall software during the cleanup unless you are told to do so.
If you can't answer for the next few days, please let me know. If  you haven't answered within 5 days, I am assuming that you don't need  help anymore and your topic will be closed.
I can not guarantee that we will find and be able to remove all  malware. The cleaning process is not instant. Please continue to review  my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic
As my first language is not English, please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to understand.
Please open as administrator  the computer. How is open as administrator  the computer?
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, as they will  interfere with our tools and the removal. If you are unsure how to do  this, please refer to get help here
Thanks
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am currently reviewing your log.I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.Please be patient with me during this time.

Sincerely

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570223/searchprotect-vc64loaderdll-bad-image-recieved-everytime-a-program-starts/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi!
My MS-DOS applications automatically closes everytime I them...It opens for about .1 seconds then automatically closes...I dont what caused this problem...I can open the cmd.exe and works fine...does anybody know how to fix this problem???
Thx

A:My MS-DOS applications automatically closes everytime I open them

Have you tried running your applications from command screen?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-ms-dos-applications-automatically-closes-everytime-i-open-them.77020/
Relevancy 58.05%

I tried cleaning my Vista Home Premium 32bit over a week ago and since then it just shuts down automatically within 20-30 min of using it every time. And now my Google Chrome won't work it says "application failed." I've tried system restore, changing the power saving settings, even unchecking the auto-restart on the advanced settings in control panel yet nothing seems to fix my problem please help!!!!!!!!!

A:vista 32bit shuts off automatically everytime I use it. Please help!

Hello, see if you have a point to before you did this : System Restore - How to
How about this then : System Files - SFC Command

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/294235-vista-32bit-shuts-off-automatically-everytime-i-use-please-help.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Everytime my computer starts it prompts quot Error loading c window system fHJN dllI've run a Spybot Normal Malware Cleaner SDFix and AVG scan and it seem to have cleared the malware and spywares But the message keeps popping up when I start my computer Please help This is the HijackThis Log -Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis Everytime Prompts My It "error Computer C:/window/system32/fhjn21.dll Starts Loading v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system Everytime My Computer Starts It Prompts "error Loading C:/window/system32/fhjn21.dll lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service ANIWZCSdS exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system rtmbufdx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system CNAC RPK EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeO - BHO AVG Safe Search - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKUS S- - - Run DWQueuedReporting quot C PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtrig exe quot -t User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce IETI C Program Files Skype Phone IEPlugin unins exe VERYSILENT SUPPRESSMSGBOXES NORESTART User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run DWQueuedReporting quot C PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtrig exe quot -t User 'Default user' O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce IETI C Program Files Skype Phone IEPlugin unins exe VERYSILENT SUPPRESSMSGBOXES NORESTART User 'Default user' O - DEFAULT User Startup Pin lnk C hp bin CLOAKER EXE User 'Default user' O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS system shdocvw dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS system shdocvw dllO - Extra button Skype - BF - - EC - -D B E B - C WINDOWS system shdocvw dllO - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - Extra button Connection Help - E D D B- - a -B F- D D C - C WINDOWS system shdocvw dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Connection Help - E D D B- - a -B F- D D C - C WINDOWS system shdocvw dllO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nwprovau dllO - ESC Trusted Zone http update microsoft comO - DPF - f - bb - d -fa d f a ab YInstStarter Class - C Program Files Yahoo Common yinsthelper dllO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com windowsupd b O - Protocol linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D -FBDDE F D - C Program Files AVG AVG avgpp dllO - Protocol skype com - FFC B - B - DFF- - C DD F D - C PROGRA COMMON Skype SKYPE DLLO - Service ANIWZCSd Service ANIWZCSdService - Alpha Networks Inc - C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service ANIWZCSdS exeO - S... Read more

A:Everytime My Computer Starts It Prompts "error Loading C:/window/system32/fhjn21.dll

nobody??

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/170541/everytime-my-computer-starts-it-prompts-error-loading-cwindowsystem32fhjn21dll/
Relevancy 57.19%

On a Win XP Pro system that used to be a Win box I have a shortcut that executes a particular program However whenever I double click on the shortcut Windows Installer starts and wants to try and install MS Outlook SR- on my system I currently do not have Outlook of any version on my system nor do I want it there If I hit cancel times the program I actually want does start to run This occurs with this particular program even if I execute it from Windows Explorer I have uninstalled and installed this program again with the same results I have this very same program on a different box but running under Starts [SOLVED] Shortcut Installer the same version of Windows and I do not have this problem with it I don't believe it is this applications problem as I seem to recall having the same thing happen with another program as well Any ideas and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated It is most annoying Steve

A:[SOLVED] Shortcut Starts Installer

Hello Steve

I think this is a Windows Installer problem

Download and run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
The download is down the page a bit.

Run the program and remove all references to Outlook 2000 SR-1. Nothing else.
This will remove it from your system, so be sure you do not want it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-shortcut-starts-installer-303429.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all,

I was wondering, is there a way of adding perhaps a command parameter to the target option in a shortcut, so that when I click on the shortcut, whatever it is opening, it opens it maximised?

For example, adding a line such as -Open Maximized onto the end of the target parameter?

Cheers,

RayJay

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi Folks,
I hope someone can help me out as this is a new one to me.
Here is my origonal system:
AMD 64 Clawhammer Skt 939 3000+
1.5 gb ram Geil running dual channel
ECS KN1 motherboard
Radeon x850pe Pci-x
100gb sata hd

My system was working fine, has windows XP pro SP2 installed on it (my xp pro disc is a SP2 copy) no issues.
Bought brand new processor
AMD 64 skt 939 3500+ Venice core
Installed, cleared bios and resetup. Got windows XP logo and then an error saying my system32 was corrupt to insert xp disc and do a repair option.
So I tried.
Now computer gets as far as loading Xp setup and Setup is loading windows and then I get BSOD
I've had a couple different errors:
they are all Stop: 0x0000007E errors
PCI.sys and Isapnp.sys are the two that keep coming up.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Daryl

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-processor-windows-wouldnt-load-tried-xp-disc-bsod-everytime-setup-starts.49185/
Relevancy 56.33%

Help automatically New IE starts Please Every time I start my pc and start IE another IE starts and goes to Adult friend finder Please help me get rid of this Thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system carpserv exe C WINDOWS system atiptaxx exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C WINDOWS System l exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security NISUM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ccPxySvc exe C New IE starts automatically Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings David New IE starts automatically Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows New IE starts automatically CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer proxy ext ray com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts google co uk O - Hosts www google es O - Hosts google es O - Hosts google com au O - Hosts mail yahoo com O - Hosts www go com O - Hosts go com O - Hosts astalavista com O - Hosts www astalavista com O - Hosts astalavista box sk O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO BHOMoneyGainer Class - D B -AF - BD - D- E A - C WINDOWS shginas dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO ZToolbar Activator Class - FFF F- - - B-FA FB - no file O - HKLM Run System X qw C Program Files Spytech Software Spytech SpyAgent sysdiag exe O - HKLM Run System C Program Files Spytech Software Spytech SpyAgent sysdiag exe O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run ImInstaller IncrediMail C DOCUME Pamela LOCALS Temp ImInstaller IncrediMail incredimail install exe -startup -product IncrediMail O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run CARPService carpserv exe O - HKLM Run AtiPTA atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run System jKw C Program Files Spytech Software Spytech SpyAgent sysdiag exe O - HKLM Run Mon C Program Files Spytech Software Spytech SpyAgent sysdiag exe O - HKCU Run Tdvymp C WINDOWS System l exe O - HKCU Run Evidence Eliminator C Program Files Evidence Eliminator ee exe m O - Global Startup Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher lnk O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch... Read more

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I Wonder if anyone can offer some advice please I ve downloaded a fair bit of software from fileshare networks and think my laptop security may automatically MSN starts have been compromised as a result There isn t anything that seems blatently Malicious to me Avast MSN starts automatically ver doesn t detect anything untoward however MSN seems MSN starts automatically to be opening up in the taskbar automatically after I have closed it down I ve also noticed that Windows is recently significantly slower to boot up although I was putting that down to some of the probably superflous software I ve also recently installed Anyway if anyone can make sense of my HJT file I d appreciate the help Regards Phil Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe d Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FWService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system msdtc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe D Program Files PostgreSQL bin pg ctl exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe d Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C WINDOWS system mqsvc exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe D Program Files PostgreSQL bin postgres exe D Program Files PostgreSQL bin postgres exe D Program Files PostgreSQL bin postgres exe D Program Files PostgreSQL bin postgres exe D Program Files PostgreSQL bin postgres exe D Program Files PostgreSQL bin postgres exe C WINDOWS system mqtgsvc exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe D Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FirewallGUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DNA btdna exe D Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe D Program Files TuneUp Utilities MemOptimizer exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe D Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion Webcam HPWebcam exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS System TuneUpDefragService exe C DOCUME PHILGR LOCALS Temp PokerOffice exe C Virus Checker Stuff HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system msfeedssync exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http login live com login srf wa ly http mail live com default aspx amp id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msn-starts-automatically.738221/
Relevancy 55.9%

Computer Starts Automatically My computer is connected to the main power supply always and the switch remains ON mostly. When my PC is completely shutdown, and if I switch ON my fan or switch ON any another thing like the lamp or tubelight, my PC automatically turns on.

My PC starts automatically even if I turn OFF my fan or lamp etc.

My computer description:-

Win XP Sp2.
845 motherboard
Board: i845GE
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 10/21/2008
2.4 Ghz Intel Pentium P4 processor
40 GB HDD + 80 GB HDD.
1 GB DDR1 RAM
Any help plz

Regards,
Sachin

A:Computer Starts Automatically

run extension cord to another power point to check that its a problem with the pc or the power point you have the machine plugged into

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-starts-automatically.878228/
Relevancy 55.9%

a recent annoyance every mins firefox automatically firefox starts will start and load a webpage automatically http www photowinxp c fr after a while when i'm away from the pc and return numerous pages will be open my startup settings are defaulted to google so when quot I quot start firefox there is no problem have started firefox in safemode and defaulted settings no chnage firefox starts automatically here is the log from hijackthis firefox starts automatically thankyou Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C firefox starts automatically WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows system isys exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Admin Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www detoate home ro R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www detoate home ro MAIN htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www detoate home ro MAIN htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http detoate home ro O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer - E A B-D - -AD - B EE - C PROGRA FlashFXP IEFlash dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run SkyTel SkyTel EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run MonAppli C Windows system isys exe O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe quot O - HKCU Run PeerGuardian C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe O - HKCU Run uTorrent quot C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe quot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROG... Read more

A:firefox starts automatically

Hello and Welcome. Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.

Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
(Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)

Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :Restart your computer
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
Instead of Windows loading as normal, the Advanced Options Menu should appear;
Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter.
Choose your usual account.

Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
(Report.txt will also be copied to Clipboard ready for posting back on the forum).
Post that log in your next reply.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are using an outdated version of HijackThis. Please uninstall from Add/Remove programs, and delete your current version.

Next, download HijackThis to your desktop

Alternate link

This program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Double-click on the file you just downloaded.
Click on the "Unzip" button to install. It will by default install to the directory - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis

Upon install, HijackThis should open for you.

Should it not open, navigate to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis and double click on HijackThis.exe

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Do not post that log, instead, do this next:

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.Close all applications and windows.
Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt <-this one will be minimized
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt here.
Please attach extra.txt to your post.
To attach a file to a new post, simplyClick the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box:C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt

Click Upload.

What DSS will do: create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.
clean y... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/firefox-starts-automatically-187856.html
Relevancy 55.9%

For the past couple of weeks, i would start my computer, Windows will load and i could be doing something for 10 minutes then the computer would automatically restart itself. At times, when it automatically restarts it would continue in that loop until I pull out the power, if not it won't even start Windows. Please let me know what you think.

A:Pc Starts Then Automatically Restarts

Welcome to TSF....

Random Rebooting How to turn off Automatic Reboot

In order to figure out why you are getting random reboots, you need to make a settings change to your computer. Go to:

Start > Right Click on Left Click My Computer > Properties > Advanced tab > Setup and Recovery 'Settings'

UN-Check'Automatically Restart'. . Click OK .

Reboot your computer. Now when Windows detects a problem it will not automatically reboot, but rather give you a blue screen.

Blue Screens are often called ’ Blue Screens of Death' (or BSOD) by users, and 'Stop Messages' by Microsoft. We need to know the exact message you see when you get the blue screen. We especially are looking for a set of letters and numbers about half way down the page that take this format:

0x0000008e

This is usually followed by a set of 4 similar numbers in parenthesis. For now we just need the first set of letter and numbers (before the numbers in the parenthesis) but the whole line would be great also.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-starts-then-automatically-restarts-283021.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all,

3 days ago I had broadband installed to replace the old dial up connection. Now every time I shut down the computer it starts up again after approx 7 mins. I'm probably being paranoid but could it be possible that someone has infected my computer with this trick.

I'm running XP Pro, Norton Internet Security 06, Internet Explorer. My virus defs are up to date and a full Norton scan revealed nothing.

Has anyone ever heard of this auto startup thing happening before and how do I go about stopping it other than pulling power cord from the wall?
Thanks

Ben

A:My Computer Automatically Starts Up

That is weird!!....i'll be keeping track of this post, i am very interested to see what the problem is, maybe its a hardware problem ??

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49056/my-computer-automatically-starts-up/
Relevancy 55.9%

My computer is connected to the main power supply always and the switch remains ON mostly. When my PC is completely shutdown, and if I switch ON my fan or switch ON any another thing like the lamp or tubelight, my PC automatically turns on.

My PC starts automatically even if I turn OFF my fan or lamp etc.

My computer description:-

Win XP Sp2.
845 motherboard
Board: i845GE
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 10/21/2008
2.4 Ghz Intel Pentium P4 processor
40 GB HDD + 80 GB HDD.
1 GB DDR1 RAM
Any help plz

Regards,
Sachin

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi there,

My Windows XP System was working fine for a couple of months.

Now the problem is when I press the start button system try to boot but before the Welcome screen it starts automatically.

I never changed the hardware or install any new software.

Can anyone tell me please how to fix this problem.

I will appreciate any help.

Regards

A:System Starts Automatically

bushibashir said:

Hi there,

My Windows XP System was working fine for a couple of months.

Now the problem is when I press the start button system try to boot but before the Welcome screen it starts automatically.

I never changed the hardware or install any new software.

Can anyone tell me please how to fix this problem.

I will appreciate any help.

RegardsClick to expand...

Hi- trying to get a handle on your problem...did you mean to say that it restarts automatically before the welcome screen? Also, please provide exact specs for your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-starts-automatically.829693/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey guys I have had problems with my friend s laptop for a while now It uses Win IExlorer automatically starts Vista the win firewall AntiVir and Ad-aware I have been scanning the laptop several times and removed the infections However the AV guard shows still warnings of an infection but it says it can t access the infected files Also Internet Explorer is starting automatically I usually use only Firefox with random ad websites but even Ad-aware can t find any traces of malware Here is my HiJackThis file If you need any further information just ask Thanks Gia Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet IExlorer starts automatically Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows system IExlorer starts automatically taskeng exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Users Luke AppData Local Temp smss exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Users Luke AppData Local Temp win exeC Users Luke AppData Local Temp avp exeC Users Luke AppData Local Temp csrss exeC Windows System mobsync exeC Users Luke AppData Local Temp win exeC Users Luke AppData Local Temp svchost exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exeC Users Luke AppData Local Temp system exeC Users Luke AppData Local Temp lsass exeC Users Luke AppData Local Temp debug exeC Users Luke AppData Local Temp mdm exeC Users Luke AppData Local Temp drweb exeC Users Luke AppData Local Temp taskmgr exeC Users Luke AppData Local Temp nvsvc exeC Users Luke AppData Local Temp login exeC Users Luke AppData Local Temp winamp exeC Users Luke AppData Local Temp services exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exeC Users Luke AppData Local Temp exeC Users Luke AppData Local Temp exeC Windows system NOTEPAD EXEC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Windows explorer exeC Users Luke Downloads HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a ion amp pf cnnbR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a ion amp pf cnnbR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a ion amp pf cnnbR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a ion amp pf cnnbR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - Toolbar Veoh Web Player Video Finder - FBB -D D - f a-A E - B BFC - C Program Files Veoh Networks VeohWebPlayer VeohIEToolbar dllO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot minO - HKCU Run hsf efjhdsf f jfsdi fhsujfd C Users Luke AppData Local Temp winamp exeO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Wind... Read more

A:IExlorer starts automatically

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/307572/iexlorer-starts-automatically/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all ... My name is Eddie.

Every time I start my Windows XP Home Edition SP3 the first few minutes are locked by a services.exe programme creating a HelpAssistant folder in Documents and Settings. First sign of anything wrong was a week ago when my ASDL download speed slowed to about one quarter of normal. I also notice that Windows Firewall almost always starts with Remote Desktop ticked as allowed.

I do not know really where to start and am at my wits end. MBAM found evidence of Win32Agent.pz and Win32TDSS.reg; but claimed to have cleared them both. However I am certain(?) something is retained in memory waiting to restart again on each reboot.

Any help at all would be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance

Eddie

A:HelpAssistant starts up automatically

Ran RootRepeal and received the following scary confirmation

ROOTREPEAL © AD, 2007-2009
==================================================
Scan Start Time: 2009/12/16 18:39
Program Version: Version 1.3.5.0
Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
==================================================

Drivers
-------------------
Name: PCI_PNP2368
Image Path: \Driver\PCI_PNP2368
Address: 0x00000000 Size: 0 File Visible: No Signed: -

Name: rootrepeal.sys
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rootrepeal.sys
Address: 0xAEBCC000 Size: 49152 File Visible: No Signed: -

Name: sprx.sys
Image Path: sprx.sys
Address: 0xB9EAA000 Size: 1036288 File Visible: No Signed: -

Name: sptd
Image Path: \Driver\sptd
Address: 0x00000000 Size: 0 File Visible: No Signed: -

Hidden/Locked Files
-------------------
Path: Volume C:\

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\ME\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\ME\Cookies\[email protected][3].txt

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\ME\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\ME\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\ME\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt

Path: c:\documents and settings\me\local settings\temp\~dfb4ae.tmp

Path: c:\documents and settings\me\local settings\temp\~dff9bf.tmp

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ReinstallBackups\0024\DriverFiles\RTHDCPL.EXE:{4c8cc155-6c1e-11d1-8e41-00c04fb9386d}

SSDT
-------------------
#: 025 Function Name: NtClose
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\aswSP.SYS" at address 0xb25a46b8

#: 041 Function Name: NtCreateKey
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\aswSP.SYS" at address 0xb25a4574

#: 047 Function Name: NtCreateProcess
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\klif.sys" at address 0xb25d9730

#: 048 Function Name: NtCreateProcessEx
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\klif.sys" at address 0xb25d98a0

#: 050 Function Name: NtCreateSection
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\klif.sys" at address 0xb25da340

#: 052 Function Name: NtCreateSymbolicLinkObject
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\klif.sys" at address 0xb25d9f90

#: 053 Function Name: NtCreateThread
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\klif.sys" at address 0xb25dac60

#: 065 Function Name: NtDeleteValueKey
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\aswSP.SYS" at address 0xb25a4a52

#: 068 Function Name: NtDuplicateObject
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\aswSP.SYS" at address 0xb25a414c

#: 071 Function Name: NtEnumerateKey

#: 073 Function Name: NtEnumerateValueKey

#: 097 Function Name: NtLoadDriver
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\klif.sys" at address 0xb25d7f80

#: 119 Function Name: NtOpenKey
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\aswSP.SYS" at address 0xb25a464e

#: 122 Function Name: NtOpenProce... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279276/helpassistant-starts-up-automatically/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have been experiencing a problem with my computer recently where it will re-start automatically at various points. Sometimes at start-up, sometimes when switching users, and sometimes after the computer has been running for a while.

A:Computer re-starts automatically

insert the operating system CD..
wait for the screen to appear boot from CD and choose repair..
select windows to repair then type CHKDSK /P
it will repair the errors in ur system partially and ur PC will now open..
you can now use system restore..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/206556/computer-re-starts-automatically/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all,

I'm new in this forum and hope u guys would help me with this problem.

I' m using winxp and why each time i open a file form c drive or D drive it will create shortcut automatically on C drive ? How do i solve it pls HELP.

THANK !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/create-shortcut-automatically.308306/
Relevancy 55.47%

my laptop's key is auto pressed on a few specific buttons. so every once a minute it starts pressin itself automatically. I've tried formatting the total hdd and installin windows in case its about a virus. but it won't go and virus cant be found.i'm on win7. the option to disable the built-in keyboard is grayed out and uninstalling the driver would auto reinstall it on the nex boot. so is there any way to disable the keypad or anythin else am i missing somewhere... http://www.sevenforums.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

A:Laptop Keyboard auto-pressed!

are you sure the keyboard isnt physically damaged and has keys pressed through some kind of liquid spill or hard knock, (hell maybe just wear and tear). Have you tried removing the keyboard from ur laptop, and plugging in an external keyboard?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/61952-laptop-keyboard-auto-pressed.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have installed two computers with aol9. (one under XP and one under Win98).

On both, as soon as one runs AOL9, the browser starts up without being asked.

On the XP one, in addition it searches for the word INTRADTEST37 and finds no reply.

Someone else on the net has the same problem (see google)

I have run HiJack, Spybot, Spysweeper, AOL spy detect, Purge, (on the XP computer) and the problem continues .

I assume that it's either a bug in the AOL9 programme or a hijack on the XP computer. Not knowing what DLL is invoked (if there is one) when one initiates the browser, it's not easy to find what file if any has been replaced by a hijack.

So far AOL technical support have not been able to help.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Rulepar

A:Browser AOL9 starts automatically

you didnt say what you have tried so far, did you check the usual? make sure auto start features are set to none? (right click on aol icon in sys tray choose auto start options) check msconfig?So far AOL technical support have not been able to help. yeah, good luck with that one

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2448/browser-aol9-starts-automatically/
Relevancy 55.47%

Each time i click any file (*.doc, *.xls etc) the windows installer starts and it tries to install word or excell. once i cancel the installation then blank word/excell opens.
Please suggets me to fix this.

A:Windows Installer starts automatically

try that maybe

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article08-103

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-starts-automatically.407605/
Relevancy 55.47%

we just built a new computer with windows xp, and nearly every time we turn it off properly through windows, it starts back up by itslf without us doing anything. Any ideas? sorry if I'm in the wrong section of the forum!

A:computer starts back up automatically

No, you're in the right section. You say this happens nearly every time which implies it doesn't happen all the time. Is there any consistency with the programs you have open at the time you shut down because some programs conflict with XP and can cause this to happen. Try and keep a log of which programs are running when it happens and post back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-starts-back-up-automatically-156981.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I know there automatically Sticky starts Notes are other threads out there for this but they are really old I am running a Win Ultimate bit laptop I have used Sticky Notes before but stopped because I do not need it any longer I have deleted Sticky Notes starts automatically all my notes and even went into the backup location and removed all saves for the notes I have also went into the msconfig and made sure that it was not set to start on boot up I checked my start up folder and it is not in there either I have checked the registry and there is no key to allow Sticky notes from starting at boot up But it seems every time I reboot my machine a blank sticky note comes up This seems to have started about months ago I have done extensive scans for virus and malware with nothing found There has not been any new software installed that would cause this I DO NOT want to use a rd party software to get to stop as I should NOT have to use one when other machines do not have this issue Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Sticky Notes starts automatically

Try booting into safe mode. if it doesn't start in safe mode then it is most likely a service or process that is still running in the back ground.
Also if you could post a screen shot of your task manager process tab and service tabs that may help someone find it as well.

WAX

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/367657-sticky-notes-starts-automatically.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Tech Support Forum was a great help to me a couple years ago with some nasty spyware, and I'm sure you can help with what must be a much simpler problem.

A few weeks ago, I shut down my Windows XP system with 2 Explorer windows open. To my great annoyance, every time XP comes up since then, those 2 Explorer windows have opened.

I have looked in all the Startup folders, and they are not there. I can't see them using msconfig. And I turned System Restore off and back on to delete all the restore points. None of this helped.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

A:Explorer starts automatically at startup

This sounds like you could have some malware on your computer. Try scanning your computer with some antivirus and spybot sd. If your still having issues with that after scanning for malware, post your hijack this log underneath that forum. Good luck.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-starts-automatically-at-startup-152132.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am using Windows 10 with Office 365. Since I installed Office 365, I find that OneNote keeps starting by itself. When I close it, a few minutes later it restarts.
I cannot find OneNote in my Startup items in task manager, so I don't know how to disable this start-up feature of OneNote.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/onenote-2013-starts-automatically-1041089.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, Since yesterday when my Windows XP starts up, my ADSL router automatically starts download "something". I left it for up to 3 hours but it does not stop. How do I find out what process is running for the download? Can it be a virus, had very slow Google searches and cannot get into gmail. Thanks for the help

A:Internet download starts automatically

Hello,

Have you tried to run a HJT log, and post it in the Virus and Mal ware forum.

That normally does the trick in pinning the problem down. Instructions on how to use HJT is a stickied thread in the section.

Hope it Helps!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-download-starts-automatically.927498/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi everyone I've had this problem for a while now Whenever I startup my computer the My Computer folder will open automatically on the desktop see the startupfile jpg It's gotten kind of annoying since I've spent so much time trying to figure out how to stop it You can see what my msconfig startup tab looks like in the msconfig jpg picture attached The last item that's just cutoff is TrayMenu from Microsoft I've also downloaded a Computer My automatically logon starts on program called Autoruns that seems very helpful and I've attached a picture of what My Computer automatically starts on logon it tells me is opening on logon in the logon jpg picture attached I've also noticed that if I click the My Computer file just as it opens it will open again a few seconds later while everything is still loading up so it's like something is forcing it open for some reason I've been looking around and someone else said the problem may lie in Adobe Bridge CS which I have but I can't seem to prove that I'm running Windows -bit on a Lenovo Ideapad Y Any help is appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556559/my-computer-automatically-starts-on-logon/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,
at the time of startup all the programs get loaded first then explorer goes off for some time and then come back again...this process continues...
i tried all possible ways..first virus/malware [TR/Vundo n some other]detected n removed by avira antivirus but problem was still there...then tried some tricks on running processes but not successful...now i hav installed vipre antivirus+antispyware n then scanned again then some spyware detected...removed..but problem is still there...help me please..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-terminates-automatically-and-starts-again-318985.html
Relevancy 55.47%

When I start Windows 98, Word automatically opens a new document on the desktop. This just started yesterday after I defragmented the computer. How can I disable that, or prevent it from happening.

Help !

A:Word: Starts Automatically with Windows?

Try going to start>run>type msconfig>start tab>look for it in the start up group and uncheck it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-starts-automatically-with-windows.54408/
Relevancy 55.47%

PLEASE HELP My computer will not shut down at all It automatically re-starts after shutting it down I thought that if I upgraded from Win to Win XP it would fix the problem but it keeps on happening The only way to shut it automatically after Computer down shut re-starts down is by turning off at the power point What can I do to fix this I ve added this log from Hijack This in case it would help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navapw exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA NORTON WinFax WFXSWTCH exe C WINDOWS system qttask exe C WINDOWS system wfxsnt exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C PROGRA COMMON ADAPTE CreateCD CREATE EXE C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRA COMMON fwzf fwzfm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA COMMON fwzf fwzfa exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Computer re-starts automatically after shut down Files Hijack This HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page Computer re-starts automatically after shut down C WINDOWS SYSTEM blank htm O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B Computer re-starts automatically after shut down D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - F E -F E- B E- D - EA C E - C WINDOWS wsem dll O - BHO no name - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run WFXSwtch C PROGRA NORTON WinFax WFXSWTCH exe O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run PrinTray C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X printray exe O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task C WINDOWS system qttask exe O - HKLM Run WinFaxAppPortStarter wfxsnt exe O - HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe O - HKLM Run Jet Detection quot C Program Files Creative SBLive PROGRAM ADGJDet exe quot O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run CreateCD C PROGRA COMMON ADAPTE CreateCD CREATE EXE -r O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run fwzf C PROGRA COMMON fwzf fwzfm exe O - Global Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Ext... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-re-starts-automatically-after-shut-down.368594/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi
Windows 7, .... I am NOT able to find 'Start Up' folder,.... C > User > Program File, although there are all other programs, i.e., Word, McAfee, I.E., Mail and others. On XP, it is SO easy to find 'Start Up' folder.

The reason I want to find 'Start Up' folder is that I want to get 'Support Forum' run automatically when Windows 7 starts.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

A:How to Run a Program Automatically when Windows 7 Starts

Browse to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-run-a-program-automatically-when-windows-7-starts-548502.html
Relevancy 55.04%

that's awesome that I found this. I've been struggling with this for about 30 mins now. but the real question is, how to automate this task of running this program as another user? Put another way, can I make a shortcut to automatically run this program as another user, that I can just click at any time?

A:Shortcut to automatically run this program as another user?

Make a batch file with the following line in it and save as <whatever>.bat.

runas /user:OTHER_USER_NAME "C:\Path\To\Program.exe"

See option two: Run as Different User

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/164873-shortcut-automatically-run-program-another-user.html
Relevancy 55.04%

My laptop boots up and I see that the little windows shortcut arrows on my desktop aren't there. I run my pointer over the icons of the programs and the shortcut arrows appear. I hate doing this. Is there a fix?

Thank you,
Bashan

A:Shortcut Overlay not loading automatically

Hello Bashan,

You might see if rebuilding the icon cache may be able to sort this for you.

Icon Cache - Rebuild - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/43335-shortcut-overlay-not-loading-automatically.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have tried the method you suggested to other people but still problem have not been solved please help me.

A:my laptop is not responding. when power button is pressed o...

My hp laptop not responding to power buttonWhat should I do.. Please suggest any solution.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/my-laptop-is-not-responding-when-power-button-is-pressed/td-p/5685560
Relevancy 55.04%

My T laptop occasionally once or twice a day shift is like acts pressed Laptop button my appears to think I have the SHIFT key pressed For example I ll be going through reading emails in Outlook and then all the sudden I ll click somewhere and it will shade highlight all the way down from the previous Laptop acts like my shift button is pressed spot that I clicked Once the issue appears it occurs everywhere Not just in email but on my desktop too If I click on a certain desktop icon it will shade all the others to that point as if I had pressed the SHIFT key down and held it The snafu happens to my fellow co-workers as well It s very irratating We used to have to reboot to Laptop acts like my shift button is pressed clear the issue however I stumbled across a workaround I was using SNAG-IT to send a screen shot of the issue to my IT Support and realized that by pulling up the application and creating a screenshot it cleared the issue I m not sure why but I m not asking Has anyone ran across this issue and if so have you heard of a way to resolve the situation Thanks TM nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-acts-like-my-shift-button-is-pressed.737297/
Relevancy 54.61%

A new program I am trying out is GotoCamera, a webcam tool.
There is no way I can find in the software setup that allows it to start automatically when Windows starts. With Windows XP I could add it to a startup folder, but I don't think Windows 7 has one. How can I get GotoCamera to start automatically when I start Windows? Thanks!

A:How can I have a program start automatically when Windows starts?

Press Start then All Programs and scroll down to the Startup folder. You can right click on this and open it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/200651-how-can-i-have-program-start-automatically-when-windows-starts.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I am having a problem with the following websites automatically opening up Windows Explorer Browser pcprivacytool com and systemerrorfixer comI unistalled the browser and have no browsers installed at this time but the two sites still automatically start They seem to be tied to the toolbar in Windows XP They tell me I may have malware viruses and to With Two Automatically Websites Starts Internet Browser order their product then they try to run checks I have installed and ran Spybot and also ran Trend scans My virus protection is AVG virus and internet protection I have gone through all the preparation steps recommended on BC How do I eliminate these websites and keep them from automatically starting the Internet Explorer browser Here Internet Browser Automatically Starts With Two Websites is the Hijack copy from notepad Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exeC Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exeC WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXEC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopDisplay exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Plaxo PlaxoHelper exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exeC Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System alertic exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dllO - BHO BndDrive BHO Class - C D A - E- fe - D - FA D - C Program Files ISM BndDrive dll file missing O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO no name - AF DA- C- - BDA-A DFCC - C WINDOWS system msvml dll file missing O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF... Read more

A:Internet Browser Automatically Starts With Two Websites

Hello Jim82 and welcome to BC My name is SNOWHITE and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.Please follow the steps below exactly in the order they are written:Step #1While TeaTimer is an excellent tool for the prevention of spyware, it can sometimes prevent HijackThis from fixing certain things.Please disable TeaTimer for now until you are clean. TeaTimer can be re-activated once your HijackThis log is clean.Open Spybot Search & Destroy.In the Mode menu click "Advanced mode" if not already selected.Choose "Yes" at the Warning prompt.Expand the "Tools" menu.Click "Resident".Uncheck the "Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of overall system settings) active." box.In the File menu click "Exit" to exit Spybot Search & Destroy.Step #2Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri) to your Desktop.Double-click SmitfraudFix.exeSelect option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.NOTE: If the tool fails to launch from the Desktop, please move SmitfraudFix.exe directly to the root of the system drive (usually C:), and launch from there.NOTE: process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htmStep #3Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.Close all other windows before proceeding. Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.What DSS will do:create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.
clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, and Internet Cache Files, and also empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.
check some important areas of your system and produce a report for your analyst to review. DSS automatically runs HijackThis for you, but it will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have HijackThis installed.Note: If you don't have HijackThis installed on your computer, dss will prompt you to download and install it for you, please allow this to happen !In your next post please include the following reports: SmitfraudFix report dss scan reports main.txt and extra.txtLet me know how the things went.Regards,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/115716/internet-browser-automatically-starts-with-two-websites/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello,
Upon every boot up Windows Explorer ( not Internet Explorer) automatically loads and displays. This has been going on for some time. I thought this would be solved once I did a "Install Repair" , yet this is not the case.

I have looked in the startup folder to see if it is being requested on startup and it is not. I have not been able to see where this request resides to turn it off.

Any ideas are welcomed.

Thanks!

A:Windows Explorer Starts-up Automatically (w/o my requesting it)

Where did you get Win7? How is it activated?

Work through these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 to check for clues.

Have you done a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 - the steps are the same for retail?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/231977-windows-explorer-starts-up-automatically-w-o-my-requesting.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello,

I am running Windows 7 on my HP laptop. I have 2 apps that start up automatically when I boot Windows.
How can I stop these programs from starting up automatically?

Thank you.

A:Some programs start up automatically when Windows starts up

hi their is a couple ways you could do that. one way is in search type msconfig and under startup can uncheck the program you do not want to load when starting computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401949-some-programs-start-up-automatically-when-windows-starts-up.html
Relevancy 54.61%

HI,
I have a new (arrived today...I just installed the OS -_____-''') Toshiba Satellite U400 running on Vista Business and it refuses to shut itself down, It turn off but few seconds later automatically restarts itself.

I tried to reinstall vista, update the BIOS, but the problem don't change...

Anyone have any ideas?

Thx & sorry for my english =D

EDIT: Ok, the problem persists only when the LAN cable is joined.

Message was edited by: Machia

A:Satellite Pro U400 - Shut down itself and then it starts automatically

Hi

> the problem persists only when the LAN cable is joined.
If this is the case I would recommend reinstalling the LAN driver. You can download the latest version on the Toshiba website.

So you did already a BIOS update and a fresh Windows installation. Did you use the Toshiba recovery disk?

If yes, I think in worst case it?s a hardware problem? :(

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?51609-Satellite-Pro-U400-Shut-down-itself-and-then-it-starts-automatically
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello, and please take time to help.

Windows Explorer starts automatically every time I turn on my Lenovo G505 Win 8 laptop.

The only way I found to stop Explorer auto starting it is to remove System32/userinit.exe, but
when I do this my laptop will not boot correctly on battery power.

I'd greatly appreciate any recommendations to help solve this very annoying Win 8 'feature'.

Thanks

Jim

Relevancy 54.61%

I have a laptop running Windows XP. When I first turn on the computer my X-Cleaner program automatically starts loading and running. This is a nuisance to me as I would rather run it when I am ready to turn off my computer. I have read that if I go to the start up folder that is the place to remove programs that run automatically at start up. The problem is the program is not there. I also read that I need to go to the registry if I don't find it in start up. I don't know how to go to the registry and then how to do whatever I need to in order to change this from occurring. If anyone knows how, can you please let me know?

Thank you,

Adrine

A:Program Automatically Starts When I Turn On Computer

Go to Start > Run > type "msconfig". Go to the "Startup" tab, and see if the program is there. If it is, uncheck it and apply!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114696/program-automatically-starts-when-i-turn-on-computer/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

This is a very unusual error. The Windows XP Pro goes past the please wait screen and then goes to the welcome screen which is usually followed by the logon screen with all the users.

When the PC gets to the welcome screen it displays this message (click on this link to see the message: http://www.marcomnet.net/demo/xppro.gif ) and restarts automatically after 2 secs only! it doesn't respect the time remaining of 29 secs, even in safe mode I can't access windows I tries last known good, the same. I tried every options bu nothing works, I've resolve some complicated startup problems in the past but none like this the system won't let me do anything.

Thank You for your help!

Mario

A:Windows XP starts but restart automatically during GUi Welcome screen

Thats a new one to me, go to www.microsoft.com see if you can find more about it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-starts-but-restart-automatically-during-gui-welcome-screen-4828.html