Windows Support Forum

Monitor problem

Q: Monitor problem

Hello..
I have problem with my LG Flatron L246WH monitor..
This is actually problem
Capacitors seems to be ok Pic 1 Pic 2
Any ideas??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-problem.206973/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Monitor problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 39.99%

I tried turning my computer on today on Christmas Day and everything booted up fine I was surfing the web and on my regular programs for about minutes Then all out of a sudden it appears that my monitor is freaking out I was seeing colors changing green lines going up and down the screen as if it appeared something had occurred with the monitor I go back and though) on, problem blank...(Not monitor turns Computer a monitor but forth switching VGA and DVI cables from my monitor to my compute r with no luck I Computer turns on, but monitor blank...(Not a monitor problem though) tried restarting the computer manually a few times as well and one time I was lucky to get back to the desktop only to have it freeze on me and turn off One other Computer turns on, but monitor blank...(Not a monitor problem though) time it allowed me to get to the f f boot menu but when I tried to possibly boot up in safe mode it froze again and appeared to show more freakups with the monitor I then took the vga cable from my monitor into my laptop and it is working perfect Not a problem at all so this is making me believe the computer is the problem What could possibly affect this over night I've never experienced anything similar to this It's as if it is making the monitor appear that something has burned out but in reality it is the computer that is not working correctly When the computer does start up which it clearly is my monitor is saying it does not detect the DVI VGA Other times like right now it appears as if the computer is starting up fine but if the past minutes tells me anything it will freeze again and the computer will shut off by itself EDIT I was able to sign into the guest user before this While I was on the guest account alt cntrl delete would not work nor would trying to click on system restore as it would never pop up I tried doing a system restore with the disc but while it was loading the disc the monitor decided to flicker and go blank again then the computer would turn off Could of been a coincidense though as it seems to come and go Could this be virus related or perhaps some faulty hardware inside the computer Thank you for any of the help

A:Computer turns on, but monitor blank...(Not a monitor problem though)

I should also mention I finally did manage to get through a system restore, to about a week ago, and I still managed to experience the same monitor / freezing problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/computer-turns-on-but-monitor-blank-not-a-monitor-problem-though-444704.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi, my brother said that he started getting this problem when he bumped his desk. The screen went black with streaks of red running down the screen after he had bumped it. His computer is connected by DVI, and when he used the HDMI port in the monitor for XBox the image was working fine. He hasn't been able to test and see if it's just the DVI port that has been broken as he doesn't have any other devices that use DVI in the house.

What he would like to know if is if this a problem with his computer or monitor. It only started happening when he bumped his desk. The picture is where we are at now.

A:Image distorted on monitor, problem with Windows or monitor?

It could be either the monitor, the video adapter in the computer or the cable. Easiest way to test is with a different monitor and try that your monitor on a different computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/356190-image-distorted-monitor-problem-windows-monitor.html
Relevancy 39.99%

prodesplay p221when I puss in manue baton then OSDLOCKOUT display is come in screen so can not change any setting.

A:prodisplay p221 monitor OSDLOCKOUT problem in monitor

Hi @mmhasan,I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with message you are lockout. I will be glad to help you. Per the User Guide page 8, If pressing the power button has no effect, the power button lockout feature may be enabled. To disable this feature, press and hold the monitor power button for 10 seconds. Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/prodisplay-p221-monitor-OSDLOCKOUT-problem-in-monitor/td-p/5594584
Relevancy 39.99%

I m not very knowledgeable when it comes to computer ah specs or finding information about the one I have so I don t have much for you to go on Computer is a Dell with Windows XP Home Edition Monitor is LCD A few days ago around Wednesday morning my monitor began to click on and off The screen would flash black and the light next to the on off button would flash from green on to yellow orange off At first it wasn t that bad When I switched pages on the internet scrolled or highlighted something on the page it would flash It steadily got worse going from internet pages to flashing on and Monitor Solved: is Monitor blinking Tower problem? off. or on and off right when I turned the computer on all through the loading and welcome Solved: Monitor or Tower problem? Monitor is blinking on and off. screens I thought maybe it was just the Solved: Monitor or Tower problem? Monitor is blinking on and off. monitor so I switched it out and hooked up my old hp pavilion mx monitor That monitor worked perfectly fine with my old tower but when hooked up to my new one it Erm got static-y It looked like an old TV that had a VHS tape in the player being re-wound I know that sounds odd but it was like spikes from the side of the screen surging inwards I thought it was because the monitor was so much older than the tower Soon the static got steadily worse and I used it for about a day before it got to be too much I switched to Safe Mode with Networking on the hp monitor to see what would happen and it was fine No static Today I switched back to my LCD monitor and put that into Safe Mode with Networking and no blinking on and off I am very confused Is this a monitor problem Or a tower problem Any help MUCH appreciated If I m not giving enought to go on I could search around and try to dig up more info I can t do much in Safe Mode though Thanks -Rum nbsp

A:Solved: Monitor or Tower problem? Monitor is blinking on and off.

Video card is busted. When in safe mode, the video card's drivers are not loaded, so the card does not function at "full blast". It will not cause trouble because of that.
Dell model would help finding a replacement, but it can well be assumed that there's a PCI-E 16x slot for add-on graphics. This would be a cheap replacement in that case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121302

This is all an assumption on the most propable cause. The problem could also be your power supply or motherboard, but those are pretty unlikely.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-monitor-or-tower-problem-monitor-is-blinking-on-and-off.813374/
Relevancy 39.99%

just getting my dual monitor setup running, and it seems fine, both monitors running off one ati video card (x1600pro), primary monitor running off of DVI and the second running VGA, PC is running Windows XP Media Center

the problem is the second monitor seems washed out, the colours seem over exposed, or too bright however you want to describe it. The first/primary monitor is perfect. I have the silver theme enabled on WinXP, and by default, the highlighting color is gray, I can hardly see the gray on the second monitor when the background is white because its so washed out

any idea how to get this monitor to look the way its suppose to?

Thanks alot!

Relevancy 39.99%

I've searched some forums and while i have found all sorts of dual monitor problems i haven't found this one.

I have a MSI M670 laptop ( with nvidia 6100Go graphics card ) and a Samsung SyncMaster T240HD. I always connected my monitor with a VGA cable on my windows xp and everything worked fine.
After i've installed Windows 7 when i connect the monitor to my laptop automatically the laptop monitor is disabled and the Samsung becomes the primary display.
If i press windows_key+P Computer Only is selected and whatever i select from the list ( duplicate, extend, projector only ) nothing happens and Computer Only is always selected.

In the Nvidia panel under the "Set up multiple displays" option after i connect the Samsung it becomes the only option so i cannot revert to my laptop display whatever i do.
Rigurous Display Detection does not help at all.

Any ideas ?

A:dual monitor problem (primary monitor disappears)

Have you been to multiple displays option in nvidia control panel and selected them both?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/10645-dual-monitor-problem-primary-monitor-disappears.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I tried turning my computer on today on Christmas Day and everything booted up fine I was surfing the web and monitor a monitor problem on, turns though) blank...(Not Computer but on my regular programs for about Computer turns on, but monitor blank...(Not a monitor problem though) minutes Then all out of a sudden it appears that my monitor is freaking out I was seeing colors changing green lines going up and down the screen as if it appeared something had occurred with the monitor I go back and forth switching VGA and DVI cables from Computer turns on, but monitor blank...(Not a monitor problem though) my monitor to my compute r with no luck I tried restarting the computer manually a few times as well and one time I was lucky to get back to the desktop only to have it freeze on me and turn off One other time it allowed me to get to the f f boot menu but when I tried to possibly boot up in safe mode it froze again and appeared to show more freakups with the monitor I then took the vga cable from my monitor into my laptop and it is working perfect Not a problem at all so this is making me believe the computer is the problem What could possibly affect this over night I've never experienced anything similar to this It's as if it is making the monitor appear Computer turns on, but monitor blank...(Not a monitor problem though) that something has burned out but in reality it is the computer that is not working correctly When the computer does start up which it clearly is my monitor is saying it does not detect the DVI VGA Other times like right now it appears as if the computer is starting up fine but if the past minutes tells me anything it will freeze again and the computer will shut off by itself EDIT I was able to sign into the guest user before this While I was on the guest account alt cntrl delete would not work nor would trying to click on system restore as it would never pop up I tried doing a system restore with the disc but while it was loading the disc the monitor decided to flicker and go blank again then the computer would turn off Could this be virus related or perhaps some faulty hardware inside the computer Thank you for any of the help

A:Computer turns on, but monitor blank...(Not a monitor problem though)

I should also mention I finally did manage to get through a system restore, to about a week ago, and I still managed to experience the same monitor / freezing problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-turns-on-but-monitor-blank-not-a-monitor-problem-though-444697.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have dual monitors set up for extended displays. The monitors are correctly positioned in the virtual display. When I move a window to the second monitor, it disappears from monitor 1 but doesn't show up in monitor 2 - that screen is black. Thanks

A:Dual monitor problem - 2nd monitor is blank

Hello, and welcome to SevenForums! To improve your experience with getting help here, you should help us by filling in your system specs. Instructions for doing so, as well as information and rules of SevenForums can be found in this thread. The second post has instructions for filling in your system specs.

This issue sounds like it could be a driver problem. Have you tried reinstalling the driver for your graphics card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/173099-dual-monitor-problem-2nd-monitor-blank.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello I'm new to the forum Thanks for building this forum Here is my problem I have a quot regular quot Intel Graphics card on my HP desktop It has a VGA port and a DVI port When I connect one monitor a VIZIO quot LED working! DUAL not PROBLEM- monitor MONITOR second LCD TV to the VGA port everthing is good I tried to connect a second monitor the same TV model but it didn't work here's what happened I connected a DVI to VGA adapter into the DVI slot on the PC then a VGA cable to the VGA port on the TV and it wouldn't even detect it The next thing I tried is I connected a DVI cable to the DVI port on the PC and on the other end I used a DVI to HDMI adapter and connected it to the HDMI port on the TV well NOW the second DUAL MONITOR PROBLEM- second monitor not working! monitor is detected in the quot change display quot options where you quot extend quot the view BUT my second monitor keeps shutting off it's on PC input automatically because it doesn't get a quot signal quot from the PC I tried to quot extend quot the monitor but nothing happens I only have a blue screen that says quot no siganl quot on the second monitor Does anyone have any idea what I can do Will I need another graphics card Any insight is truly appreciated as I am not very versed in technology Thanks for your time and best regards Beto

A:DUAL MONITOR PROBLEM- second monitor not working!

BTW, the drivers are up to date...

Thanks...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/147102-dual-monitor-problem-second-monitor-not-working.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have recently built a new box with a clean install of Windows 7. Initially I only had 1 monitor and things worked fine. I decided to add a second monitor and that is when the problems started.

When the system boots both monitors display all of the bootup information and and both monitors display the Windows 7 Startup screens. This tells me both monitors and connections are good.

Once Windows loads only monitor 2 has a display on it. Monitor 1 is blank. I have check and both monitors are running the same, and latest drivers. I have gone into windows and it shows two monitors, but I can not get a display on monitor 1.

This is the first time I have had dual monitors so it may very well be a user error, but I am pretty computer literate.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

A:Dual Monitor Problem - Only 1 monitor working

Go to Control Panel>>Display and then go to Change Display Settings. Under Multiple Displays go for "Extend these displays".

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/96697-dual-monitor-problem-only-1-monitor-working.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello,
I just reinstalled windows xp with sp2 on my dell latitude. The problem i am having is that now the whenever i drag windows around, they move really choppy on screen. I checked out the device manager and it said the video controller (vga adapter) driver was not installed so i installed it thinking that would fix my problem but it has not. It installed mobility radeon 7500 adapter i believe. Does anyone have any advice. Also, when i look at the display properties, it says i have multiple monitors attached when i do not.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Ps. Its a dell latitude 2.40 ghz with 1 gig of ram

A:Laptop monitor all choppy - monitor problem?

First, the multiple monitor issue: common with laptops, as they can support the primary LCD and/or an external monitor.

Next, go to dell.com and see if there any drivers for your laptop's lcd. This could solve the problems your having.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-monitor-all-choppy-monitor-problem-48836.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi I need some help and if anyone can help me I will be very appreciated My system is Windows Ultimate X USB port I used to have a Lenovo thinkpad W the USB ports can still provide power and the devices connected problem USB problem, problem and Intel Precision Rapid monitor port 7510 Storage to the port won t be disconnected after the PC turning into sleep mode even power off but everytime when I wake up my Precision the keyboad need a long wait to be reconnected and all of the external hard drives are reconnected too Auto play also pops out And I cannot charge my cellphone even if the precision is in sleeping mode with power connected to it External Monitor I get Precision 7510 USB port problem, monitor problem and Intel Rapid Storage problem a Dell P H monitor I connect the monitor to my PC through Display port nbsp Then I use the Screen Resolution to Identify the monitor I then use quot Identify quot to identify the monitor at first both of the monitors show Precision 7510 USB port problem, monitor problem and Intel Rapid Storage problem which is correct because windows is set to duplicate the monitors Then I selected Show desk top only on and then quot Identify quot the monitors Both of the monitors show a big Then I Precision 7510 USB port problem, monitor problem and Intel Rapid Storage problem selected show desk top only on and then quot Identify quot the monitors Both of the monitors show a big My p H is actually Then I select apply so only p H shows the display and close the laptop s lid I set the power options so that the PC won t be turn off when I close the lid or after a long deactivation nbsp As long as I close the lid and turn the laptop into sleep mode and wake it up The monitor settings will go back to duplicate the displays Also I miss the days when I was using W After I connect it to external monitor and close the lid I don t need to open the lid and wake it up by pressing power button I just need nbsp to click on my mouse or my keyboard to wake it up without any settings Is there a way Dell precision can run in a same way nbsp Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver and Management Console In device management I see an unknown device I am guessing it might be something related to the hard drive nbsp And the only driver I am not able to install is the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver and Management Console When I am installing the driver the error pops out says Fatal Error during installation The log is listed below Verbose logging started Build type SHIP UNICODE Calling process C ProgramData Dell drivers Serial-ATA Driver PFJ WN A SetupRST exe MSI c FC Resetting cached policy valuesMSI c FC Machine policy value Debug is MSI c FC RunEngine Product C Users Ford AppData Local Temp IIFB tmp RST x msi Action CommandLine MSI c FC Client-side and UI is none or basic Running entire install on the server MSI c FC Grabbed execution mutex MSI c FC Cloaking enabled MSI c FC Attempting to enable all disabled privileges before calling Install on ServerMSI c FC Incrementing counter to disable shutdown Counter after increment MSI s C C Running installation inside multi-package transaction IIF MSIMSI s C C Grabbed execution mutex MSI s C A Resetting cached policy valuesMSI s C A Machine policy value Debug is MSI s C A RunEngine Product C Users Ford AppData Local Temp IIFB tmp RST x msi Action CommandLine MSI s C A Machine policy value DisableUserInstalls is MSI s C A File will have security applied from OpCode MSI s C A SOFTWARE RESTRICTION POLICY Verifying package -- gt C Users Ford AppData Local Temp IIFB tmp RST x msi against software restriction policyMSI s C A Note DigitalSignature - MSI s C A SOFTWARE RESTRICTION POLICY C Users Ford AppData Local Temp IIFB tmp RST x msi is not digitally signedMSI s C A SOFTWARE RESTRICTION POLICY C Users Ford AppData Local Temp IIFB tmp RST x msi is permitted to run at the unrestricted authorization level MSI s C A End dialog not enabledMSI s C A Original package gt C Users Ford Ap... Read more

A:Precision 7510 USB port problem, monitor problem and Intel Rapid Storage problem

Some of what you're experiencing may be due to the different hardware than you had in the older system - however, one BIG possibility:
Windows 7 does not fully support the power management features of the Skylake CPU and chipset in your system.  Even if Windows 7 is correctly installed, there will be missing features (Microsoft never implemented the advanced Skylake power management features in anything older than Windows 8).
You'd likely experience some of the same issues with a Skylake Lenovo system.
The Skylake platform in your system WILL run Windows 7 (it's the last Intel platform that will;  the newly released Kaby Lake won't run it at all), but it won't implement all the Skylake power management features it has no drivers for (and never will have drivers for).  Unless you're completely stuck with Windows 7, most of the issue -- or all of them -- will go away if you move to Windows 10.  If you don't do it now, this is the last hardware you'll be buying -- as above, Windows 7 is history as of the release of the new Kaby Lake platform.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992175
Relevancy 37.84%

ok my monitor is messed up I posted on here the other day and decided that if it was a wiring problem I would just buy another monitor. Well I decided to try one more thing since there are 2 computers here I switched the monitor to the other computer and low and behold the monitor works just fine, So I put the monitor off of this computer and put it on the other one and guess what? It is purple also, so now I know that it isn't the monitor, it has to be in the computer some place. I am running Windows XP pro. Can anyone help me figure out how to get this problem corrected.

Relevancy 37.84%

ok my monitor is messed up I posted on here the other day and decided that if it was a wiring problem I would just buy another monitor. Well I decided to try one more thing since there are 2 computers here I switched the monitor to the other computer and low and behold the monitor works just fine, So I put the monitor off of this computer and put it on the other one and guess what? It is purple also, so now I know that it isn't the monitor, it has to be in the computer some place. I am running Windows XP pro. Can anyone help me figure out how to get this problem corrected.

closing duplicate, view this thread
http://forums.techguy.org/t134332/s34d2e2d4bb201c4d85b068e177b41935.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/color-in-monitor-still-but-not-a-monitor-problem.134333/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have an HP laptop and I have been running it with dual monitors I finally decided to upgrade to Windows and after I installed it I noticed that the built in monitor of my laptop looked strange and when I opened the display settings to change the screen resolution and set the external monitor as a separate monitor rather than a mirror I noticed that only one monitor was detected and it was the external one Generic non-pnp monitor on standard my it Reading were - In monitor. external Built as if Laptop Issues Monitor Monitor VGA graphics adapter and the built in monitor does NOT show up at all I ve tried the detection button in hopes that the computer would read the built in monitor and I could fix the problem This did not help I tried unplugging replugging the external monitor to no avail I tried restarting without the external monitor plugged in and it STILL reads the built in monitor as if it is the external one Is there anyway to fix this I have not tried re-installing the OS not yet anyways Any suggestions nbsp

A:Monitor Issues - Laptop Reading Built In Monitor as if it were my external monitor.

Only thing I can think of is to disconnnect the external monitor, uninstall any monitors listed and then reboot and hope the computer installs the correct drivers for the laptop monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-issues-laptop-reading-built-in-monitor-as-if-it-were-my-external-monitor.899772/
Relevancy 33.97%

I am using a quot screen for my primary screen and the laptop lid open for a secondary screen The main screens resolution Monitor and Laptop External Issues Dual Using Monitor Monitor is x I can set it to anything I want and Dual Monitor Issues Using Laptop Monitor and External Monitor it s always using the full screen The laptop screen on the other hand will only use the full screen if it s at x resolution max for that screen IBM Thinkpad T With the large quot screen Dual Monitor Issues Using Laptop Monitor and External Monitor I have no trouble reading the screen at high resolutions the screen is huge with the little quot screen though I have to strain to read the screen at x The problem is when I set the laptop screen to anything lower than x it uses less of the screen Preferrably I want it at x Dual Monitor Issues Using Laptop Monitor and External Monitor or x I dont know which I want yet as I can t see the freaking screen at that resolution At x for instance the useable screen is just a box in the middle so the quot x quot is still barely readable for me cause it s shrunk from full screen plus it s just annoying only using a portion of the screen I have played with the ATI Control Center the Thinkpad display settings and windows display settings and just cannot get this thing to go full screen at lower resolutions when docked and using the external monitor Anyway to resolve this nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitor-issues-using-laptop-monitor-and-external-monitor.694900/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi,
I am facing strange problem with my samsung 17' inch syncmaster montior all of a sudden. Whenever i switch my computer on the monitor doesnt switch on, it switches on only after pressing the monitor button(on/off) many times. Sometimes it switches on after pressing it 2 times, sometimes it takes 10 times. I checked by connecting my monitor to different machine, but the same problem occured. What might be the problem?? Please help.

A:Problem with Monitor

Sounds like your monitor is begging to die if it does it on other machines too It could also be warming up (although i'm not sure about the ) Does this only occur the first thime the monitor is switched on at the wall or does it occur if it goes into standby? (orange light)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-monitor.631700/
Relevancy 32.68%

Why doesnt my monitor work on DVI ?
I have and 7600gs nvidia and my monitor Fujitsu Siemens L19-4 works fine with it on VGA .Yesterday i bought a AtiRadeon Hd3450 and it's only on DVI .so i got a dvi to dvi cable pluged it into my monitor and i get no signal from it ,i tried the older card on DVI and still no signal.what can be the problem ?

i mention i set the monitor options into it's menu to digital and still doesnt work on DVI

A:Help with monitor problem

The monitor and the video card both need to be set to digital. What happens when you use a VGA to DVI adapter on the video card? Did you try both Hd3450 outputs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-monitor-problem.129172/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have a 19" DCL LCD screen that only comes on for an intant when you turn it on. If I turn the screen off and on it will come on for a second then go black. The screen does this on multiple computers that are fine with other monitors. Has anyone had this happen? Is the monitor shot?
Thanks
Greg

Relevancy 32.68%

I am trying to get a Samsung LTM W TV TFT-LCD Problem with TV/Monitor Monitor to do the PC TV PIP correctly I can get it to insert the PIP of the Cable TV signal on the monitor while the PC image takes up the background but when I try to change the PIP size it comes up with the message quot Not Available quot It says on the website and in the pdf brochure I have Problem with TFT-LCD TV/Monitor for it it does PIP w split screen ability I called Samsung tech support and the tech was so unknowledgeable I cannot even begin to get into the details - to sum it up they don t know about their own products he said the website was wrong about the split screen and he didn t know why the PIP didn t work because they had one in their shop that gave them the same problem and they would have to research it and get back to me The PC it s hooked up to is rather old a Dell Optiplex Gx with a P mhz with an onboard video that only is capable of reaching x resolution The only thing I can think of to do is hookup a Problem with TFT-LCD TV/Monitor PC with a higher resolution beyond that the manual website and their support is CLUELESS Does anyone know anything about these I have called local stores Best Buy Sears Radio Shack nothing Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-tft-lcd-tv-monitor.140858/
Relevancy 32.68%

Could there be some truth to this.........regarding a monitor?

I don't think your monitor will ever work with the Windows program you have installed!! That Windows software was not programmed to run monitors of your caliber Click to expand...

This other person has a Windows 97 IE 5 that was purchased in 99 and as previously stated she keeps getting

"Attention: Signal frequency is out of range

H: 35.3 KHZ
V: 78.7 HZ
Please change signal timing"Click to expand...

Is there any truth to the monitor not being compatiable ?

Thanks.

A:Monitor Problem

It is the resolution or refresh settings that are beyond the monitor range to display, that is all.

If this is an LCD monitor, reduce the refresh rate to 60 Hz.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-problem.327915/
Relevancy 32.68%

I just purchased a HP w2007 20inch Widescreen LCD Monitor. After looking at some DVDs and various videos, I've realized something. Black objects such as clothes etc, appear pixelated. I haven't noticed this problem with anything else. Only objects which appear black in color. Is there a way to fix this problem?

My Monitor is connected to my 8800GT with a DVI cable.

A:Monitor problem?

What operating system are you running? Have you tried other resolutions. What refresh rate are you running on this new monitor? Does your system recognize the model of the HP monitor?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-problem.97964/
Relevancy 32.68%

1 of my computer monitors randomly has multiple light black lines about 3qtrs down the screen, they are not ALWAYS there, they seem to be glitched there and are there for about 70% of the time.

My camera does not display it very well, so i have photoshoped an image just as a reference, this is not the actual screen.. just what it kinda looks like.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7229/des1.jpg

If it was permanent i would have assumed they are dead pixels, but they are not black and dotted, the number of lines also changes.

If somebody has any ideas on this i would appreciate the help

Monitor - AOC2216 22"

I have tried..
Different Video Cards
Other Computers

A:Monitor Problem!

If you get the same lines with different cards and machines, then it may be time to replace the monitor. It could be an intermittent bad connection, but those can be very hard to track down, even if you have skill in electronics. Probably the best use of time and money would be to replace it or bring it to a shop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-problem.929255/
Relevancy 32.68%

Right i know how to install a second monitor as i ve done it pebore on an old pc just got a new packard bell desktop and just plugged in my second graphics card standardly connected one monitor to the origional port and the second monitor to the new port when i go into personalize display settings both monitors are being detected by the pc however when i go to activate the second monitor and click apply settings nothing changes and it says the standard quot do you want to keep these settings quot The two monitors are listed as ACR x w on nvida gforce and the second is default monitor on nvidia gforce which brings me to beleive that the problem is there both trying to run off my second graphics card or the primary not sure think probably the primary acctuly because i dont think my second card is gforce any help would be apriciated thanks--- edit the monitor that is visible is the one connected to the second graphics card nbsp

A:Second monitor problem

If you have problems like this, it is always best to have close to the same multiple video cards installed. If Nvidia, then add Nvidia. If AMD/ATI, add ATI

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/second-monitor-problem.129452/
Relevancy 32.68%

I'm having a problem with turning on my monitor in the morning.
Sometime ago, I adjusted my monitor to work on "standby" and to turn itself off after 10 minutes...... I simply had to touch my mouse to turn it back on.
However, for the past two mornings, the monitor will not open when I click the mouse or press the "wake up" key.... (My operating system is Windows 98 second edition.)
I have had to do a cold boot in order to get my monitor back on
I noticed that the pilot light of my monitor on/off button is on low level and that the light of my hard drive is on....it's not as if the power was off.
I went to "settings"..."customized my desktop" to check "Power Management Properties" and everything seems to be fine.
Any ideas as to what the problem could be?????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-problem.332409/
Relevancy 32.68%

Lately when i monitor Problem with usb and plug in a usb device my monitor turns off for a seconds then comes back on and all is well Doesnt seem Problem with usb and monitor to matter what usb item it is i get the same result Can anyone tell me what the issue is Thanks in Problem with usb and monitor advance I am running win ult bit gb ram ups Asus mobo Ultra watt power supply Thermaltake Haf huge case with lots of fans quad core i with big honking hs fan Is the word quot honking quot just Canadian or is it American too One answer would be then dont plug in any usb devices But i am Problem with usb and monitor looking for other answers as well Since i have hard drives burners and quite a few usb items I am also wondering if my power supply just cant handle it But i dont know how to do testing to find out and i really dont think i am using too much power in any one place but thats only a guess However i dont have all my usb items plugged in and running all the time either and of course i am not running my burners all the time either and this problem still exists thanks again

A:Problem with usb and monitor

I'm an american (southern part) never heard honking used in that manner, but I like it and may start using it...lol
are all your drivers up to date?, especialy the graphics driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-with-usb-and-monitor-580853.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I am using a proview 17 inch monitor and would like to set it at 800X600, the only problem is when I do this there is a 1 inch gap of black on both sides. I have checked the monitors horizontal geometry and it is definitely set to it's widest possible setting. The refresh frequency is set at 60hz which is the lowest possible setting. The only setting that seems to allow access to the whole screen is 1024X768 @85hz (if the refresh frequency is reduced I end up with the same problem), however all the icons and text seems very small. I have downloaded the latest monitor drivers from proviews website.
Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Relevancy 32.68%

When i turn on my computer, it all starts up as normal, except the monitor doesn't show anything except a black screen. The green light on the monitor just flickers on and off. This problem has happened before and i managed to fix it by just restarting the computer and reinserting the cable numerous times. Its not actually a problem with the monitor because it works fine with another computer. Anyone got any ideas?

Relevancy 32.68%

The monitor on my Aunt's computer won't "turn on." When we press the power button all that's on the monitor is a box saying the monitor is working correctly. It's the message you get when the monitor is on but the computer isn't. I checked the cords and everything is plugged into what it should be. Any idea what I can do to try to fix my problem?
Thanks

A:Monitor problem

Sounds like this is due to a bad cable...maybe. Does the pc have two ports on the video card that the monitor is capable of being plugged into? If so, it could be plugged into the wrong one. Or, the monitor could simply be bad. Or the video card is shot. Or the agp (assuming the card is agp) slot is fried. It really can be a number of things. Please list the system specs if you know them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-problem.28806/
Relevancy 32.68%

The Problem is that I have a Kds Model and I Had bought Far Cry and I tried to play it and the monitor wouldnt play it because the screen would go black like when u leave a computer alone for about minutes without screensaver So anyways I tried setting it to bits and i tried playing the game again and the screen when black again So i turn off the monitor Problem KDS Monitor Help!!! and on again and the monitor started to throw sparks of fire through the button since that incident i havent tried to turn it on KDS Monitor Problem Help!!! because i am afraid the monitor might burst into flames or something Does anybody has an idea and what can i do I think the monitor is too old is from maybe it cant handle farcry since its far more advance I have a Gateway Select with Ghz MB of Ram Gb of Hard Drive Graphic Card - Nvidia Quadro with MB Operatin System Windows xp nbsp

Relevancy 32.68%

Hello Guys,
My monitor is goofy, It is only showing the top half. The bottom half is kinda black. My computer is a HP Laptop. If I connect another monitor to it. The other monitor works fine. I am attaching a pic so you can see what I mean.

Relevancy 32.68%

I have a strange problem...

Hello. I bought a Mag Innovision monitor brand new 2 months ago.

It had worked great for me, then all of a sudden the screen is much darker. Even with the contrast and brightness all the way up, my screen is VERY dark. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, restarted, etc., but nothing works.

Also, I'm sure the problem is with the monitor itself and not the computer because even when the computer is off, the pink box that pops up (that says something like "Monitor is working") is VERY dark as well.

Please HELP

Thanks!

Relevancy 32.68%

I have a problem..When I turned on my PC the monitor didn't turn on. I pressed the power button on the monitor but nothing happened. The little light that's supposed to be green is color orange. If I hit the function button (the one that let's you choose between contrast, brightness, etc.) nothing happens.. I really need your help..I know that the PC is working because I hear the tune that Windows plays everytime it starts, the only problem is that I can't see because my monitor isn't working. I tried changing the monitor too, but the same thing happens, instead of a green light on the monitor, its color orange...

Relevancy 32.68%

thank s for reading my thread I v NEVER seen this problem bafore my frend has a compaq pc with win SE and he bought winXP Home and he tryed to install it himself but failed so he brought it to me and I formatted the HDD and loaded the XP OK Now the monitor problem PROB as I was loading some simple monitor problem software for him I was rebooting and the monitor went out so I grabed an old monitor i have and when I booted up I get the test screen winXP start screen and then black so I grabed a newer monitor and it was ok BUT when he got home and hooked up every thing he got the same thing BLACK screen He has a KDS XF- B monitor yr old so I took a monitor to him but before I hooked it up I booted up in safe mode and it was ok but normal boot you get black after the winXP loadup screen but in safe mode in the device manager there is no monitor in the list I don t understand Please help VOLT nbsp

Relevancy 32.68%

I instaled a ati hd3450 videocard,all is fine for now but my monitor wont display anything it is allways with no signal .the switch light on the monitor wont go off even if i shut down windows .today i tried to plug the tv (sony bravia) into the videocard and to my surprise it worked ,i can see on the tv .can someone help me with the monitor so i can i see on the monitor too ? what can be the problem ?

Your monitor may just be worn out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-problem.129071/
Relevancy 32.68%

My Samsung Syncmaster 153b is having a serious problem. Whenever I turn the monitor on, it shows my screen for a few seconds at normal color then the screen turns really black and I can only see the outline of the program boxes. Please help me fix it! D: I tried unplugging it and replugging it in to no avail. I also tried restarting my computer. Please help me, my family can't afford to get another monitor.
PS: I am on my laptop atm.

A:Problem with monitor

That is a really old monitor, it first came out in 2003. I am guessing from your description the LCD backlight or inverter is bad which won't be economical to repair. Sadly, I think it is time to buy another monitor.

If money is a serious issue, checkout Freecycle.org, craigslist.org, and Salvation Army and Goodwill stores for a good used monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-monitor.1013525/
Relevancy 32.68%

I'm new to this forum so I'm not entirely sure if I'm in the correct place.
I have a Viewsonic 20'' wide-screen monitor and if I'm looking at a white page, it seems to flash a yellow colour in the background.
It has only occurred in the last few days and is becoming increasingly annoying.
I was wondering if anyone knew a solution to this.
Thanks.

A:Monitor Problem.

How old is the monitor? Your video card is what and how old? When was the last time you downloaded and installed new video drivers? Your OS is?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-problem.634316/
Relevancy 32.68%

iam using XP and Linux.while in XP yellow parellel lines appearing in monitor and stuck . letters canot read but in linux no any problem. how can it eliminated?

A:monitor problem

Does that happen in Safe Mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/monitor-problem-660156.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Ok, I have a StarLogic Plug and Play Monitor and a FX5200 video card. I leave my Pc on all the time, and this morning I woke up, turned the monitor back on and the screen is at 640x480, and when I try to cahnge it back, It says I do not have administrative rights to do that or something. (Yes I am an admin on XP) and this just started happening today. What is weird though is when I restart my computer the regular resolution (1024x768) just come back automatically when I log in.. wtf is happening here, and anyone know how I could resolve this?

This seems to happen when the screensaver is on for more than like 10 - 15 minutes, I notcied when I move the mouse to get out of the screensaver, there is a longer wait time before the picture shows up.

Where did the screen saver come from? Is it a Windows Screen saver or one that was downloaded from the web or else where. Sometimes graphic programs need to change the resolution to work right. Sometimes they have little programs in them that do this with out your permission too! Run your virus scan and spybot S/D.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-problem.322701/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have a home built computer that I am trying to finish The major problem I am having is with the monitor going to sleep as soon as you plug it into the video card I have tried two cards and the monitor goes to sleep as soon as they are plugged in to the cards Computer specifics Motherboard Biostar Tforce SLI AM AMD Revision Video cards MSI GT problem Monitor Gameing ATI Radeon MB Bit DDR PCI Computer Case is made by Frisby Memory is gig installed hard drives both are Western Digital Gig SATA Power supply is watts that came with the frisby case but I have a watt power supply on order that has six SATA connectors I am Monitor problem years old and have been building computers for personal use since the early s but this has got me stumped Maybe some of you youngsters can teach this old dog some new tricks grin Thanks Tom Brizendine US Army Rangers RET nbsp

Im guessing you have turned the power settings to never?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-problem.128896/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi folks

Wondering if anybody could shed any light on a problem I having.

I was working on my home pc no problems, when all of a sudden the monitor went black but the green light was still on. PC would not respond to anything so restarted PC.

PC starts to boot back up, hear the beep noise, but the monitor simply sits there and the orange light flashes on and off.

Anybody any ideas as to what may be causing the problem?

Thanks

A:Monitor problem....

Could be a bad monitor, bad video cable or a video controller problem. Can you try the same monitor and cable on a different computer or try connecting a known good monitor to the existing computer?

Do you know if the monitor uses any type of on On Screen Display (OSD) menus? If so, those should still work even with no video signals from the computer.

We have no idea what kind of monitor you have (LCD, CRT, Brand name, model number, etc.) and have no idea how it connects to your computer (via VGA, DVI, HDMI, etc.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-problem.629390/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey,
Im using a AMD HD7850 Graphics card and i want to hook up a 3rd monitor
im using
Display 1 HDMI-HDMI
Display 2 HDMI-minidisplayport adapter HDMI
and the 3rd i am using a VGA-DVI which when i try to set up i get http://imgur.com/QKSNuV6

Any help or info on what i need to get this all set up

Relevancy 32.68%

When i boot up my p.c, the monitor does not come on, i have to keep switching computer on and off until the green light comes on the monitor sometimes if i leave it for a certain amount of time it will come on. Is this a video card problem?

It's hard to know if it's a monitor problem, video card problem or something else. You have to sort things out. If you can try your monitor on another system or another monitor on yours you and will get some useful info. You can also take your video card out and put it back in to make sure it is secure in its slot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-problem.318574/
Relevancy 32.68%

would like to know if anyone has an answer for this problem: I have a KDS Rad9 19" LCD monitor with an NVIDIA Geforce 4800 128mb graphics card. The computer is an Intel 2.4ghz with 1.2mghz memory operating with Windows XP. My problem is when I try to play games like EAs' Battlefield 1942 or Microsofts' links 2003 the screen goes black or intermitently goes black or the image is garbled or looks like it has ben clawed by a cat. I set my refresh rate at 60hz and have tried palying at lower resolutions but know luck. I tried EA games tech support but none of their suggestions helped. Any ideas?

Relevancy 32.68%

Okay here s the scoop Problem KDS with Monitor This Monitor I m currently using - the KDS kind - keeps going fuzzy whenever I start up wc both RoC and TFT and not in the common way It goes fuzzy then starts rolling down like some movie slide this stops whenever I exit wc I tried changing the refresh rate but it only makes the screen stay fuzzy and messed until I hit the ESCape key And the light that goes green to show the Monitor is on goes between red Problem with KDS Monitor and yellow whilst wc is running Thing is this KDS Monitor didn t have this problem before and used to work fine with wc until what I stated above happened and thus making it impossible to get a clear idea of what your doing on wc Getting a better Monitor doesn t help haven t been able to get a better one Why My dad doesn t want to spend any more money on a new Monitor until my sister is off to College I asked a couple folks on samods org about this problem and one of them suggested that the KDS s Video Card may be dying Any suggestions on how to solve this problem nbsp

A:Problem with KDS Monitor

The first thing you need to do, is try a different monitor, or try your monitor on a different computer. This will help you to find out whether it`s a monitor problem, or something else.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-kds-monitor.56401/
Relevancy 32.68%

Something is seriously wrong with my LOGISYS LGX750
17' monitor. For some reason it's now darker than
usual. And if my eyes aren't playing tricks on me,
it's getting a bit darker by the day. I thought if I
tweaked a few options it would help, but that doesn't
seem to be the problem nor the solution to this
problem itself at all. Even worse, I haven't even had
this monitor for a whole year yet. If someone could, please
give me some answers and/or solutions to this problem.

Relevancy 32.68%

i dont know if this is in the right spot. some one i know is haveing a problem with her monitor,

this is the problem

What does it mean your computer monitor screen gets real bright and then goes back to normal? This is happening to my computer monitor now and it started last Wednesday when I was online. It also kind of blinks or something like that. Does that mean monitor is trying to go out? the computer is still on warrenty.

she has called the place where she got it and they say do this and that, and she says nothing is working!

A:Problem with Monitor

try another monitor on the computer and see if it is the monitor or the computer behind the problem

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-monitor-101477.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi,
I have my friend's PC with me. When I tried to set it up i saw that it didn't have its monitor power-cord(the one that connects the monitor to the main unit). So i went and bought a rather <b>cheap power cord</b> from a seedy vendor .

When i set the <b>PC </b>up and turned it<b> on</b> there was <b>heavy sparking</b> on the<b> monitor's base</b> near where the cord was connected. I switched it off imediately.

I had an UPS connected to the PC too but the mains power was there at that time and there was no voltage-fluctuation.

What could have hapened? <b>Is the monitor damaged?It is a Samtron one of 1998 make?</b>

Thank you.

Relevancy 32.68%

After being offered a computer scan,which I carried out,I was left with a large red warning label on my screen which will not delete, and has prevented screen savers,wallpapers etc. being used.
Is there anyway I can get rid of this ?.
Due to downloading Service pack 3 etc.I can not use System Restore.
Any help wold be appreciated.
Thank you.

A:Monitor problem.

Seems like a malware infection to me.

I would post a HijackThis log for a log specialist to take a look. HijackThis is available here:

http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis/download

Use "Do a system scan and save a log file", and notepad will open with a log of what it finds, copy and paste the contents here. Don't ask it to fix anything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-problem.743909/
Relevancy 32.68%

Ever since I brought my computer home I hooked everything up and the monitor was really bad I finally adjusted it but I still see the monitor going white so I have to turn it of then on and everything works fine is there a way to solve this problem? it was a custom computer Guess it's true you get what you pay for

A:Problem with monitor

If it goes back to normal after simply turning the monitor off and on, it sounds like the monitor has a factory defect. I'd guess your video card's fine. Can't you return/exchange the monitor (or at least get it fixed under the factory warranty)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-monitor.33032/
Relevancy 32.68%

The cord running from my monitor connecting it to the hard drive was giving me issues Sometimes the monitor screen would go black however it would still be on and running fine it just wouldn t give me a picture However if I d tug Monitor problem on the cord or hold it in a different position almost as if taking weight off of the cord it would work In order to get a picture on the monitor I would have to manually hold the cord in a weird way To fix this problem I went to Fry s and bought a new cord thinking it would help I Monitor problem m certain it s the right cord since it fit but the problem is still the same And oddly enough if I jiggle the cord just like I did the old one it will work only if I hold it in that spot I haven t installed anything new no video cards or anything like that but I have no clue what to do to help Thanks in advance OS Windows XP nbsp

Sounds like the monitor port on the computer is whats broken if its not the cable. This is more likely to occur with onboard video if there has been strain placed on the connector then with a separate video card. If that is indeed the case then you have two options; first is to replace the motherboard in the computer, the second is to add a separate video card to the computer and use it for connecting the monitor too. OR if its a separate/removal video card then make sure its seated correctly int he slot, otherwise it may need to be replaced.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-problem.850713/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have a Dell computer with a trinitron monitor. Lately after a shut down, when restarting the computer, the monitor will pop, go black for a second, and then restart. My gut feeling is that the monitor is going bad. Is there anything else that could be the problem or is my assumption correct? I have an extra monitor, but it is not as good. Is it OK to use this one until it finally goes out completely or can it cause other damage? Please advise on my best course of action...

coachdan32 said:

I have a Dell computer with a trinitron monitor. Lately after a shut down, when restarting the computer, the monitor will pop, go black for a second, and then restart. My gut feeling is that the monitor is going bad. Is there anything else that could be the problem or is my assumption correct? I have an extra monitor, but it is not as good. Is it OK to use this one until it finally goes out completely or can it cause other damage? Please advise on my best course of action...Click to expand...

Hi coachdan32,

It may be arcing inside the case - i.e. where the high voltage line enters the tube. Take it to a local tv/monitor repair place to both verify that is the problem and get it corrected.

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-problem.374133/
Relevancy 32.68%

I just moved my computer to my new apartment and when I set it up, my monitor (a Dell 20" flatscreen) is now predominately red. I can still see the desktop, but cannot change the color. I have tried the connections, updating the driver on the VGA card (NVidia 6800) and everything else I could think of. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is the monitor shot?

Thanks,

Tim

a few things i would suggest:

1) try tinkering with the color settings on the monitor. set it to factory defaults and see if that works.
2) make sure the video card is seated in the board properly.
3) make sure the cable pins are not bent or defective.
4) try a different monitor cable
5) try a different monitor

rules those out first and let us know what you come up with

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-problem.581489/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi, I'm having XP Home SP2 for the last 5 yrs but did never experience such a peculiar problem. It happens like, in my monitor, if I want increase or decrease the brightness or contrast I would press the buttons of the monitor & can adjust as I wish. But for the last few days I'm seeing that, the onscreen display (i.e. the display we see after pressing those buttons) appears in the monitor on its own and keeps on coming and disappearing continuously. In the Device Manager I've checked the status of Monitor n in the Properties therein it shows the 'device is working properly'. This gives a lot of troubles in my working. Would you please suggest me something to fix it?

A:Problem in Monitor

This sounds to me like the key is sticking. Try pushing it a few times to attempt to free it up, and perhaps invest in some canned air and give it a quick squirt. I would try that before putting any blame on the software. Do you, perhaps, eat at your computer? I know this is my biggest flaw and has caused many a word document to come foul of stuck keys, and it's very possible your monitor buttons just need a good cleaning

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-in-monitor.582777/
Relevancy 32.68%

I was wondering how I could fix this. I have a Dell Montior. Can't remember the model off hand. It works great except lately it messed up. Well the cord messed up anyway. It something with the connection from the montior to the computer. When I finally get it to work, it is green. I was wondering if I could take a wire out of a different computer or fix the one in this one.

Relevancy 32.68%

I have a samsung monitor.Recently i dont know whether its a spyware or virus or something but its begun to behave strangely.I have adjusted the power settings such that my monitor gets off automatically when not touched for 5 minutes.However when i press any key to resume, the monitors control menu pops up automatically(the menu were u adjust the brightness,contrast...etc).However as many times i press exit on the monitor it goes on popping unlimited times.This goes on till i get frustrated then i switch off & on it again.

At times the menu just pops any time in between.The problem here is that it pops continuously & i cant get rid of it.PLEASE HELP

Relevancy 32.68%

Hi was given a Samsung SyncMaster 753s as a gift (2nd hand) and although the screen output is pretty good, there seems to be a very slight distortion at the top lfet hand side of the screen. No amount of twiddlng with the controls seems to solve the problem and I thought of using a magnet to sort it out. Is this advisable?

Relevancy 32.68%

I am running Windows XP and my video card is NVIDIA GeForce Ultra I have a Samsung SyncMaster V TFT LCD monitor I have owned it for several years now and just in the past hour I have started to experience problems with it I was just surfing the internet when my monitor flickered and the color quality drastically lowered Whereas before it was crisp it now Problem LCD with Monitor hurts my eyes to look at the monitor for more than a couple minutes It s hard to explain exactly how it looks because in some cases the colors seem dark and faded but it also hurts my eyes like a bright light would I also notice grey lines a lot on the screen Example When I highlight Problem with LCD Monitor my text in this box I see a grey line that extends across the screen but it is only where Problem with LCD Monitor my text is I also notice different shades of it depending on how much text is there So when I highlight it it looks like Line DARK GREY quot I have a Samsung SyncMaster quot DARK GREY Line LIGHT GREY quot started to experience quot LIGHT GREY Line No text no gray Line DARK GREY quot I was just surfing quot DARK GREY -------- Example There is also something happening when I open up smaller windows like the Task Manager At the top of the Task Manager there are about lines worth of dark grey that extends all the way across the screen and when I move the task manager up and down on my screen the grey will follow it exactly On the bottom there is also a thin grey line as well So when I move the task manager it s as if theres a shadow of it across the entire screen that moves in sync with it It is very noticeable ----------------------- Any help would be appreciated with this and if you have any questions I will answer as best I can I am unsure if this is a monitor problem or video card problem so even if you can just point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it Thank you nbsp

A:Problem with LCD Monitor

try another video card or change the nvidia card to another pci slot before you turn it into a boat anchor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-lcd-monitor.572449/
Relevancy 32.68%

Just the other day I sent a message that my monitor wouldn't shut down after a length of time, then one time it did so I was so excited. The bad thing is that it hasn't shut down since that one time. I went into settings and into power options to change the time for the monitor to shut down and then restarted the computer and all I ever see for hours on end is the screen saver.
What do you suggest for me to do from here?????

A:monitor problem again.

Is there a power button on your monitor?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-problem-again.104780/
Relevancy 32.68%

Sometimes my monitor will blink and will lose the red color in the screen. If I hit the side of the monitor the red will come back on. Is there something loose in the monitor that I could fix?

Relevancy 32.68%

i have a big problem i need you guys to help me any way you can im helpless okay windows gave me a message saying it was going to restart the computer to do some automatic updates i thought ok and i pressed quot restart computer now quot but during this the computer froze during the quot windows shutting down quot screen you know the blue one that monitor problem comes before you turn it off anyway so i thought no biggie and i pressed in the button on the front of the PC that turns it on off and the computer turned monitor problem itself off then i turn it back on and now the monitor says it has no monitor problem signal and it goes to sleep i thought this was weird so i turned the monitor back on but it kept giving me the same message i restarted the computer over and over and it kept giving me that same message and i checked everything every thing was in order everything was plugged in and fine but does the monitor think so NO so i unplug the and plugged in my sisters monitor instead and obviously THAT works but i dont get it any idea whats wrong with the other one if it helps its a fujitsu siemens monitor and unlike any other ive seen this one has an adapter PLEASE HELP its not my PC monitor and i need it to work its my uncles and im house sitting for him and i will just die if this cant be fixed or explained i cant even sleep this is stressing me out so much im seriously about to cry from frustration and helplessness nbsp

Relevancy 32.68%

why would my monitor not come on now and again and tell me I have no signal, other times I have no trouble when switching on . My monitor is a AOC 60 cm. Nothing wrong with my providers Netgear product that indicates everything is working fine on the web
side. have bought 3 connectors to connect to the monitor and tower but still never know if when I switch on the tower that the monitor will come on.Am running on DVI and thought that if I changed to HDMI I just might get a better connection through its lead,
so connected up from monitor to tower and all the games I play on DVI will not play on HDMI any ideas on this one?Would appreciate being pointed in the right direction on at least one of these issues ,thanks for reading this Ted Martin.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/375b9241-9d60-46f7-a12b-2352496674d6/monitor-problem?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi,

Just acquired a new Samsung LCD monitor and have hooked it up to my ATI Radeon 7200 video adapter using the digital connector, on my XP sp2 system. The monitor works great except when booting, I dont see the POST screen. The screen appears when the driver gets loaded and the first screen I see is the login welcome screen of XP.

Downloaded and installed the latest Samsung driver (225bw) and the latest Catalyst ATI video drivers. When I hookup the monitor via the VGA connector it works no problem and I can see the POST and XP Loading progress screen but DVI is still blank.

Any suggestions welcome

W

A:New LCD Monitor DVI problem

Normal behaviour.

Until the drivers are loaded, the DVI connection does not exist as far as the PC is concerned, the computer BIOS only understands the VGA.

Monitor drivers cannot fix this, they are really not required.

All dual screen PC's I have owned have exhibited this behaviour, however I note that my new Vista system operates as cloned screens until Vista loads, so newer systems appear to have get around it now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-lcd-monitor-dvi-problem.565892/
Relevancy 32.68%

There's something wrong with my monitor. When the computer is on, and you turn the monitor on, it all appears normal for about a second, then the monitor goes dark and it appears as if there is nothing on it, however, if you look closely, you can see the overy vaguely the things that the screen should be displlaying.

Relevancy 32.68%

I m not really sure how this started but this problem arose with my monitor about late last December or early on this January There s a lot of info so bear with me What happens is my monitor will go blurry and this high-pitched sound will eminate from it This only happens when the picture on my monitor goes from very light colors to dark colors quickly And those dark colors have to take up more than of the screen for it to happen If I can still manage got problem. a I`ve monitor to see to swich it back to a light color the monitor automatically I`ve got a monitor problem. kicks off when it goes light again and it s power light even goes off automatically To get it back to normal I must turn the power off and leave it off for at least two minutes or so Going any less will cause the bluriness and high-pitched sound to remain This will only happen if my monitor has been on for a while I`ve got a monitor problem. - when I first turn it on I can have all the dark colors I want Then after minutes black will make the monitor s screen start to bend inward near the top corners After an hour and a half you notice severe bending and a little while after that it does what I described above What I don t know is the cause of this - I ve narrowed it down to three or so things Something is wrong with my monitor it s starting to break Something is wrong with my computer s videocard There is a setting in my computer s CP that needs changed My monitor is a -inch Sony Trinitron flatscreen with a picture tube from It s quite an expensive monitor and I wasn t I`ve got a monitor problem. thinking nor expecting something to go wrong with it so soon but I might be wrong Got any suggestions Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

Relevancy 32.68%

Hey i have a 19 inch flat panel dell monitor model no 1901FP.....my problem is a lock is shwoing up on the screen when i turn it on,well the screen is blank and if i push any of the buttons to mess with the contrast it shows a lock...is there anyone to fix this? can it be unlocked

A:problem with monitor

Hi

maybe the settings are locked to prevent accidental pressing of the buttons, is there a menu button you can press, chances are there is an unlock option in it, some menu's appear by pressing the power on button for a couple of seconds, others have there own button.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-monitor.65666/
Relevancy 32.68%

sorry if posting this in wrong section of the forum, but i saw that most viewers reading this forum right now.

i was playing a video game and all of a sudden my comp restarted. now the monitor is on or getting power, because the little light is on the front, but there is no picture. it looks like its off, but the computer starts up fine, so i have no idea what to do. i checked the video card to see if it was in right and it was, then checked all the cords to make sure they were plugged in. i even tried changing the video card. called my college computer center and they are closed for the night. please, any ideas would help out alot. also, i know its not fried because a little blue box pops up when i turn it on for a few second saying "please check signal".

A:please help with monitor problem.

Did you check the plug at the back of the monitor (from the Video card).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f24/please-help-with-monitor-problem-74615.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello!

I recently purchased a used 19" SyncMaster 191N SAMSUNG LCD monitor!
I used to have a flat screen 17" Samsung, and going from that to a 19" LCD, I noticed that the picture looks a little darker. My brightness settings are at 100% and contrast is in the middle, but no matter what I do it seems to be darker....For example, when I look at pictures with dark backgrounds or colors in them, they seem to be even darker on this monitor!
Is this an issuse or is it the way these monitors are?
Thanks!

Relevancy 32.68%

First, let me wholeheartedly thank you guys again for your help in the past!

My current problem involves my girlfriend's computer. The specs are:

Dell Inspiron 600m
Win XP Pro
1.3 or 1.5 ghz Centrino
512 mb ram

Her computer screen will randomly go virtually blank. Sometimes on startup, sometimes when using it. I say virtually because you can barely make out the image. Shutting down and restarting repeatedly will sometimes bring the image back.

I had a problem with an older dell a few generations back that was linked to a loose connection created by opening and closing the laptop monitor, but I don't believe that's what's happening to this computer, because with my old computer, opening and closing would sometimes restore the image, and with this current computer, opening and closing does not help.

I appreciate your help!

Tom

Relevancy 32.68%

Hi
I am running XP Home, fully up to date, on 2 different laptops and am experiencing the same problem on both. When I connect an external monitor everything works fine until I play a video file when the external monitor shows the Media Player (for example) screen but the part where the film should be is blank. The film is running as the soundtrack is fine just no picture.

One laptop is an Acer while the other is a Dell and both external monitors are different makes also.

The problem is there for whatever prog I use to play the video.

Any ideas/solutions gratefully received.

Thnx

A:2nd Monitor Problem

Install Gspot:

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Drag and drop or open the video file(s) in question into Gspot (once running) and it should tell you which codec is needed for those files, or if one is installed already.

You can then try and acquire the necessary codec(s) or use the blanket approach of a codec pack like "K-Lite."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2nd-monitor-problem.473785/
Relevancy 32.68%

My kids computer was working just fine this morning, but now it says "no signal input" We tried to connect it to the laptop and other pc, but the connector doesn't fit in either. I thought they were supposed to be unversal connections! Anyhow, it's running windows xp. It's an atlas computer, but I think the monitor is a Wal-Mart special.
thanks for your help,
jezry

You might want to check a few other things, because a "No Signal" isn't a monitor problem but perhaps a motherboard, or power supply or video card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-problem.349351/
Relevancy 32.68%

I recently installed a second monitor on my desktop [H50-50 Desktop (Lenovo)]. In the beginning all seems to work fine until the second monitor started flickering and changes to a pinkish color when it flickers. It goes away then comes back again. I already interchanged my two monitors to see if its the monitor that has a problem but the flickering still occurs. Any help on this will be much appreciated.

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/H50-50-2nd-monitor-problem/td-p/3415609
Relevancy 32.68%

I recently installed a second monitor on my desktop [H50-50 Desktop (Lenovo)]. In the beginning all seems to work fine until the second monitor started flickering and changes to a pinkish color when it flickers. It goes away then comes back again. I already interchanged my two monitors to see if its the monitor that has a problem but the flickering still occurs. Any help on this will be much appreciated.

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/RE-2nd-monitor/td-p/3415609
Relevancy 32.68%

I have a 19" Dell P992 monitor, and for awhile now there have been diagonal red lines going across the screen. The width and amount of them can change depending on what resolution is set, but my usual one is 1024x768, and there are always around 15 of these lines visible on the screen at all times. Naturally, on black backgrounds (such as when booting up Windows, or say watching a movie, the lines are overwhelming and extremely irritating).

I updated my video card drivers, but that didn't remove the lines from the screen. I also tried each refresh rate that the monitor supports, but that didn't get rid of them. Any advice or recommendations on ways I can try and get this problem fixed would be very appreciated.

Sounds like the graphics card to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-problem.28371/
Relevancy 32.68%

sometimes my monitor randomly decides to turn black with all these bright squiggly lines everywhere. matrix style. the only way to make it go away is to shut the computer completely off and wait a few seconds then turn it back on.

is there any way i can fix this permanently?

Relevancy 32.68%

I usually run my resolution at 1024 but I decided I'm going to start using 1152. Only problem is, when I go to adjust the screen to get rid of the black bars surrounding the screen, my Horizontal stretch is already 100%. So I have black bars on both sides of the screen but the top and bottom are fine. The monitor is an IBM E74. I need to know if there is any software I can use or tweak to stretch the screen further.

doogee said:

I usually run my resolution at 1024 but I decided I'm going to start using 1152. Only problem is, when I go to adjust the screen to get rid of the black bars surrounding the screen, my Horizontal stretch is already 100%. So I have black bars on both sides of the screen but the top and bottom are fine. The monitor is an IBM E74. I need to know if there is any software I can use or tweak to stretch the screen further.Click to expand...

Read this http://www.monitoroutlet.com/384524.html you may be out of luck ;?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-problem.342686/
Relevancy 32.68%

i need really help.. ok.. i have monitor A, CPU A, and CPU B. if i connect monitor A to CPU A, all is fine (thats what im using now). but, if i connect monitor A to CPU B, the monitor says No Signal.. i can still hear the Windows starting and i was even able to shut it down using the keyboard. i need the software installed in CPU B badly. i dont have the installer for that software right now btw. what could be the problem?
both CPU's are Windows XP.
i tried to use another monitor on CPU B and it worked fine. too bad i can't use that monitor until tomorrow. and the project i'll be working is due tomorrow.
thanks a lot!

Relevancy 32.68%

I have a Dell LCD Monitor with Analogue and DVI inputs. (Model 1703FP)
The Video Adapter Card is a Radeon 7500.
For months I have used the DVI connections OK.
Then one day, on startup I got a message on the Screen saying that it is in Sleep mode, and to press a key or move the mouse to get things going. But neither worked.
I changed the Video Adapter card, (using a DVI input/output), but it still ran the same message.
Using the Analogue connections, everything works OK.
( The Monitor is out of warranty, and I have posted on the Dell Forum without a solution).

What could be the problem?
And is there a fix?

Thanks.

A:LCD Monitor problem

Are you using different cables, or just an adapter on the end of the cable? If different cables, try a new cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lcd-monitor-problem.340087/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have just installed twin monitor/s on my Win2K system and when I shut down the monitor's both go to a black screen with one of them displaying a cursur in the top left of the screen, and the computer doesn't switch off, what's happening??

A:monitor problem?

Hey just wondering if anyone can please help for the above post, in need of some assistance.
Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-problem.120930/
Relevancy 32.68%

One day my power chord which comes to my CPU shorted and I replaced with a new one. After that my CPU is working fine, but my monito is not getting any supply. I wonder how to check those stuffs. My PC is a old one, and the Power chord is a directly connected to CPU. Can anybody guesss, what is the Problem? Is my monitor gone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-problem-help.600271/
Relevancy 32.68%

A few weeks ago my Symantec Systemworks CPU monitor stop working and just says that it's 'busy'. A couple of weeks ago, I burnt up my motherboard trying to install some more memory. Got that fixed but basically had to reformat my hard drive. Once I did that and reinstalled my Norton, everything worked fine including the CPU monitor. Now as of last nite, the CPU monitor is busy again and wont do anything. Also, i have the program, speedupmypc and it shows 0% for the CPU also but if you use the windows xp version, it monitors on a regular basis. So does anyone know what the problem might be??

Any help is appreciated!!

thanks

Jim

A:Problem with CPU monitor

Hit ctrl+alt+delete and let us know what the task manager says the CPU usage is at.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-cpu-monitor-81590.html
Relevancy 32.68%

When running the computer the monitor will black out and then come back on as if blinking. Does not matter what program I am running and does not lose any information - just the annoyance of waiting for the display to come back on. Most of the time it works fine - just happens sometimes.

Relevancy 32.68%

well recently my mums moved my comp about and she dpulled out all the wires
and i reconnected em all. then when i turned on the computer the screen was all blueish and i tried configuring the colours and stuff but it would go back to normal. the colour red appears as black etc.

A:problem with my monitor

Sounds like you have a damaged monitor cable or bent or broken pins.

Hopefully you can just replace the cable, but if its fixed to the monitor you may have to cut the wires and splice in a new cable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-my-monitor.27223/
Relevancy 32.68%

I've got a new LG Flatron 775FT, and for some reason the screen keeps resizing. I resize it to take full advantage of the viewable size, but after running some apps it resizes itself to have about a 1mm black margin then when I close the apps the screen shrink back 1mm black margin. This happend only when there is a large difference of black and white (like desktop is black and the apps is white). When the apps is white and another apps is also white it dosen't resize.

After I've encounter this problem I got a change for a new monitor but the new one is also the same as the previous one.

Anyone know how to fix this?

A:LG monitor problem

Sounds like some LG's monitors aren't top quality.
Check this from the old forum: Monitor Problems. Isn't that what you're getting too?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-monitor-problem.2431/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello!

My monitor stopped displaying images... My computer is turned on and everything is working fine. The light shows that the monitor is on and has a signal. When I turn it off and then on again, I get the image for about a second, with an orange tint and then the image goes away...

Ever seen anything like this? Can anything be done? Or do I have to buy a new monitor...

Thanks!

Relevancy 32.68%

I have a Dell that works good. The problem is that on many websites and pages the fonts are huge. On some sites I can't log in because the letters are too or I can't even read the site because of the huge size of the letters and icons. Everything is set to normal (font size, screen resolution and everything else). I also have a Compaq but it's set normal as well but the display in the monitor works fine. I tried everything I could think of. Even the drivers are working fine. Can anyone tell me what I need to do so that I can view websites and pages on the monitor as they should be viewed and not looking like I'm looking at an eye chart at the doctor's office. I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Philthy1

Hello Philthy1 and welcome to TSF,

Per your PM, I've moved this thread from the Hardware (Monitors) section as it sounds like a browser issue if this only happens when visiting sites on the internet.

I'm assuming you're using Internet Explorer--at the top of your browser click 'View' and select 'Text Size' and try changing it to a smaller size.

If you're using Firefox, you can do the same:

Click View>Text Size and select 'Decrease'

Has that helped?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/monitor-problem-120787.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey, i've just recentley bought my friends pc, i've hooked it up with my monitor and it works at the from start but after the windows logo with the loading bar the monitor seems to go off like its on standby, the speakers play the intro music so i assume the pc works fine. I know this monitor works well as I'm using it on my old pc right now. My friend used the pc with a lcd tv. So could anyone give any solutions as to why the monitor doesnt work on the new pc.

plus the monitors a bit old, its jus a big bulky reliable monitor!

A:Monitor problem!

Try going into safe mode (tap F8 just after you start the PC),then go into the display properties and reduce the resolution to 640*480,then restart.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-problem.48313/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have a Packard Bell computer and monitor but it has started to have problems when starting it up, to get the monitor started i have to take the usb cable comming from monitor and alternate it between the 4 usb ports on computer and after putting it in i try to start computer.... this happens but monitor stays off so once again i move usb to another port and try again......this can be done for hours and hours moving the usb cable around then eventually it starts. Sometimes i get a beeping noise about 20 attempts before it starts Please can someone help... this is my old puter i am on just now and the pack bell monitors works fine on it . Thanks

You could plug and unplug forever to test but my bet would be that your controllers are toast. Try this from one of our moderators.

First step, Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore. Create a restore point and name it something like "Before USB Fix". This is to bail you out if something goes wrong during the following process and makes things worse.

Create a file with NOTEPAD containing the following lines and save it as FIX.REG

-------------------------- Use text after this line --------------------------------
REGEDIT4
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment]"DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES"="1"

-------------------------- Use text before this line --------------------------------

Double click on FIX.REG and say yes to the Merge Into Registry question.

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
Uninstall all devices under Disk Drives that you know are not present.
Uninstall all devices under Storage Volumes. Say no to any reboot prompts until you are finished. Also, if a Storage Volume doesn't uninstall, ignore it and move to the next one.
If you have a yellow ? with unknown devices, uninstall all of the entries there as well.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.

NOTE: If you have a USB keyboard and/or mouse, you'll have to modify the instructions and leave enough parts for those to function. I don't have one yet, so I haven't had time to modify the instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-problem.598644/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi Today my screen decided to go weird I was playing Saints Row The Third earlier - flawlessley I then went on GTA San Andreas and then it just froze I couldn t alt tab I managed to end the process That s where it begun the screen went black I couldn t do anything but I could hear background sound Thinking this was a one off I restarted the computer and that s when it fully ocurred - The computer loaded fine up to the Welcome bit win These horizontal lines were flickering but they didn t go across the whole screen I got onto my desktop and there was more I tried to start firefox but it just made the screen black and I had to restart I ve tried restarting a few times leaving Problem Monitor(?) it off for a while made sure the gpu was inserted correctly and made sure the cables from gpu to monitor were in correctly Specs CPU AMD Phenom Monitor(?) Problem X Black Ed GPU XFX DD Radeon Monitor A Year old samsung LCD PSU W cooler master OS W RAM GB I ll try to provide a picture but it s proving to be a struggle nbsp

A:Monitor(?) Problem

Do you have the same screen issues before Windows loads and during the Windows loading screen? Are you able to enter Safe Mode?

If it's normal in the BIOS and before Windows loads (ie: the problem starts when Windows is loaded, not before), then the video drivers are likely just corrupted. Uninstall the video drivers, reboot, and reinstall the latest drivers.

If the problem occurs all of the time, there is likely a hardware fault. Most likely the video card itself, or the power supply.

The easiest test would be to swap video cards, or test the video card in another PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-problem.1105173/
Relevancy 32.68%

When i plug my monitor into my computer the monitor turns it self off it works in other computers.
When its not in another computer the light flashes meaning its on but as soon as i turn the computer on it turns itself no power at all.