Windows Support Forum

Computer Shutting Off And Now Will Not Start At All

Q: Computer Shutting Off And Now Will Not Start At All

Yesterday, my computer kept shutting off randomly for no apparent reason. I had to turn the power off for a while for it to start again.

Now today, it won't even start up at all. It turns on for 2 seconds and then turns off.

Oh and before for about half a year, my computer would freeze at random times. To fix that, I had to turn off the power for a few hours and then it would work for about a month and happen again.

Help?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer Shutting Off And Now Will Not Start At All

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Computer Shutting Off And Now Will Not Start At All

SOunds like the problem staarted with excessive heat in the box. Is this a laptop or a desktop? Try cleaning out the dust from the fans and processor heat sink, also, check the motherboard for swollen or leaking capacitors (they are usually small black cylinders spaced all over the motherboard). Swollen and/or leaking capacitors are usually an indication of over haeting and once they start to leak it is usually time to replace the board. Do you get any beeps when starting up or does it just not start at all? The power supply could also be bad which is by far the cheapest and easiest component to replace.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/96855/computer-shutting-off-and-now-will-not-start-at-all/
Relevancy 58.48%

hello i have been playing gta on my pc and all of a sudden my pc has been shutting down when playing it it start shutting up when help down computer self used to just shutdown when i played for a while now it shuts down when i start playing and also when it shuts down i cant start it back up for help computer shutting self down when start up about mins if i try it just switches off straight away after i press the on button or gets onto help computer shutting self down when start up the help computer shutting self down when start up xfx logo for my mobo and then shuts of after mins it used to get back on to the os but now it just turns off somtimes it gets into vista then it shuts down within minites of getting on vista im really stuck i cant figure out what to do please help thanks specs are windows vista home premium bit amd athlon x gz xfx mobo xfx gt xxx mb graphics card gig maxtor gigs of ddr crucial soon to be gigs more gig is in the post if you need anymore information for example any new programs drivers or modifications done to hardware lemme know

A:help computer shutting self down when start up

what is your power supply brand/wattage?

how many case fans do you have and location?
have you opened the computer and checked your fans to see if they are clogged with dust or hve you cleaned them out recently?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-computer-shutting-self-down-when-start-up-332231.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Yesterday, my computer kept shutting off randomly for no apparent reason. I had to turn the power off for a while for it to start again.

Now today, it won't even start up at all. It turns on for 2 seconds and then turns off.

Oh and before for about half a year, my computer would freeze at random times. To fix that, I had to turn off the power for a few hours and then it would work for about a month and happen again.

Help?

A:Computer shutting off and now will not start at all

definatly a hardware problem, either the ram or power supply i'm guessing. You have another power supply you can try?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-off-and-now-will-not-start-at-all.586779/
Relevancy 58.48%

Ok so I went to burn a DVD the other day with MKV the and my computer shutdown So I started it back up up? Computer and kept now shutting won't down start and thought nothing of it and started to go on the internet and it shutdown again it did this times until it wouldn t Computer kept shutting down and now won't start up? even turn on anymore I hit the power up button and it would start to power up and then shut off in about seconds Anyway I took the fan out and cleaned it tried to start it up no go So then I took the rest of it apart to see if anything was wrong about times and it still Computer kept shutting down and now won't start up? wouldn t start I finally saw these long chips back to back in the thing and they each had a white lever on each end of each chip as if to hold it in I pressed down The one s on both ends of chip but didn t remove the chip I pressed the power up button and the computer started up Once i was on I pushed the chip holder things back down and it was still ok so i don t know if that s what made it start or if my computer just decided to start up at that time as a fluke Anyway I don t know when this thing is going to shut down again so I wanted to ask if anybody knew what the heck is wrong with my computer and why it keeps shutting down thanks nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, so today I unplugged my computer while it was still running by accident. Now it wont start at all, no lights, no fans, nothing. I am concerned that it may be a problem with my power supply (maybe fried it or something). And no its not a problem with the cord (I tried a different one), its not a problem with the power switch (the one that you switch to either circle or line) because I tried it both ways. However recently my computers power button stopped working so my brother hooked up an old keyboard to my computer so to start it I will press a key on that keyboard and it will start up my computer, so I have to keyboards one to start the computer up and one to type. So in summary im not really sure what the problem is but im 90% sure it has something to do with either my "power keyboard" of my Power Supply so yeah. Any help will be apreciated

A:Accidentaly unplugged computer without shutting down. Computer will not start.

Try and get a psu off a friend who might have a extra one. Go from there. This way you might be able to narrow it down. It really hard to say what happen .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accidentaly-unplugged-computer-without-shutting-down-computer-will-not-start.203970/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have to stop and start my computer not from the start up menu but by turning the switch on the surge protector off and on because the button on the front of my computer tower is jammed and I have tried fixing it but it is completely stuck If I turn the computer off from the start off menu I can t restart it unless from up down menu computer start the shutting not I take the computer tower apart remove the side wall and pop the shutting down computer not from the start up menu front wall loose and then push the start button out from the inside I have tried to put it into place but it does not work to shut it down It is like this because it was very delicate and it had to be tapped very lightly or it would get stuck and I had to open the tower but if tapped delicately it was fine My boyfriend was using my computer and forgot to tap the button delicately the button did not work so he took a screwdriver and tried to fix the button from out side of the tower and ended up completely breaking the button so not it is not fixable the old way We there fore have been stopping and starting the computer by turning the switch on the surgeprotector off and on Is this damaging for the computer to keep doing this We sometimes have the computer on now for days before turning it off cause I worry about shutting it off and on via the surge protector switch I have a gateway computer so would have to ship the tower out to get a new start button put on the tower and don t like the thought of doing this Once a Gateway tech guy told me that starting and stopping the computer not from the start up menu is fine that it won t hurt the computer but our tech guy at work said that eventually it could be very harmful Please give me some advice Thanks nbsp

A:shutting down computer not from the start up menu

That will eventually lead to problems. Are you at least stopping the computer by the start button on the screen? It sounds to me like you are just "pulling the plug" from the desktop. If you are this is going to cause hard drive problems. Getting the button fixed will be a lot cheaper than having to replace the hard drive and losing the data that is on it too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shutting-down-computer-not-from-the-start-up-menu.194567/
Relevancy 58.05%

No warning totally comletely shuts off, and won't start normally, says Windows can't start. I can restart from last known good config, and it works OK for about a week then does the same thing. Shuts down randomly a few times and then won't start after maybe the 3rd or 4th time. I've run virus, spyware scans and they come up with nothing, but obviously something is wrong, any thoughts?

A:My computer keeps shutting off, then Windows won't start

Specs of the PC please?
Prebuilt? brand and model number

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-keeps-shutting-off-then-windows-wont-start-370663.html
Relevancy 57.19%

My computer keeps shutting down upon start up. I've had this problem before but last time it was merely fixed by cleaning the fan. But this time the fan is clean and I really don't know what's wrong. I've tried going into safe mode to run a registry cleaner but my computer shut down before it even got to 50% scanned. I've also tried going into command prompt with sfc /scannow but again my computer didn't last till the end. Is there anything else I can do that can fix my problem?
-Aqua

A:Computer keeps shutting down upon start up and safe mode

The problem appears to be the computer, and not the OS. If I were to make a guess I would say that your system is over heating thus shutting down before any damage can be done.

If you could update your your Systems Specs (need more info) to include the CPU, Ram, number of drives, age of the computer, these specs would allow other members to get an idea of what your problem could be, thus giving you some good suggestions as to what you can do. . .Thanks for any info. . .Good luck.

BTW, Welcome to the Seven Forums.". . .

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/301946-computer-keeps-shutting-down-upon-start-up-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I ve been looking at a friends computer trying to figure out what s going on His computer runs okay otherwise - he had a heat issue that we just fixed by getting him a better case The video card was running around degrees C the CPU at about degrees C It runs about degrees for the Video card and for the CPU after replacing the case and taking it out of where he had it What happens though is that the computer runs fine until he tries to load Guild Wars It gets through patching and character selection but when it begins loading the game proper it powers off No preamble or warning and even though logs are turned on no log from windows about a crash I I 2 shutting Guild start when Computer down Wars have no idea where to go from here so any ideas would Computer shutting down when I start Guild Wars 2 be appreciated Things that we have checked Ran a couple different memory checkers no problems Ran GPU-Z Arena net team said that the GPU results were running fine Ran CPU-Z Arena net team didn t see any problems there either Including DXDiag here can try to include other info if it ll help Computer specs Windows bit AMD Premium Quad Core Processor Ghz GB Ram GeForce Computer shutting down when I start Guild Wars 2 GTS GB nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

My mother has an eMachine with Windows Vista Home Premium bit that's only seven months old but just the other day her computer started shutting down by itself and actually restarting itself Self / start-up shutting down from a totally off status in some instances In some cases the computer was having a problem restarting Self shutting down / start-up and Windows start-up fix utility would appear I also have to mention that the computer at times would shut itself down even in Safe Mode I have been working on it for two days trying to trouble-shoot the problem I have not only read posts on this forum of related issues but on other Self shutting down / start-up Vista forums as well and followed all the steps that have been instructed in everything I read here are some of the steps that I have done so far but the problem still persists Installed best antispyware to remove any possible trojans that her Nortons Internet Security has missed it found over spyware items in her computer and removed them I did this because I read in one forum that a trojan which Nortons missed was the culprit Installed a top of the line Registry fix program which it fixed about registry problems Self shutting down / start-up Did a System Restore to a prior date which is two days prior to when the problem started to arise Did a full system scan with Nortons of course to remove any possible malware or viruses Opened the side panel to check if there was an accumulation of dust which would cause a heating issue and it was pretty clean and not dirty I read in another forum that a heating issue was the problem I'm starting to think that this is a hardware problem and something is faulty on the mother board I read that this was the issue in another case OR I think it just might be something else that I was thinking about today her prior computer was an old Dell and she had it plugged into a UPC back-up power supply when we hooked up her new computer we plugged it into this same UPC since it was still working however that UPC unit is probably about years old and I was thinking that it might be faulty to the point that it's generating improper current flow thus causing Windows to detect this and shut itself down but why would the computer also start-up by itself from a totally off state too Can anyone shed some light on this issue Thanks for any help with this

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/238510-self-shutting-down-start-up.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Here s a tricky and maybe multi-layer question Got an HP Pavilon Had it for several years now Lately it Down Start Shutting Up PC on s been acting quirky Main thing it s doing is that it won t boot up sometimes It will start booting then PC Shutting Down on Start Up I will get a black screen with the cursor blinking in the upper left-hand corner SOMETIMES I can alleviate this problem by hitting ESC and PC Shutting Down on Start Up booting from the boot menu Other times like this AM - took me hours to get it booted it s start spinning and processing and I can get only so far and then the spinning processing just abruptly stops and the screen goes black no cursor on PC Shutting Down on Start Up screen Wondering what it is Once I get it up it seems to be fine with sometimes running sluggishly and I ll have to reboot to quot wipe it clean quot I can t figure out what the heck it s processing Got any ideas I ve run Malware Ad-Aware CC and ATF - CLEAN

A:PC Shutting Down on Start Up

Can you boot into safe mode by hitting F8 after the post screen?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/395082/pc-shutting-down-on-start-up/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi All, I'm looking for a bit of advice on a problem I'm having, and a poster who'd helped eliminate malware as a cause suggested that I make a post in here.The original thread is here:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1878421The current situation has not changed since I last posted an update on the problem earlier today, and I'm hoping maybe someone can provide some insight.Cheers for reading!

A:Shutting down at Start Up

Does the same thing happen, if you try to start in safe mode?
Laptop, or desktop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/338500/shutting-down-at-start-up/
Relevancy 45.58%

I an working on a no name laptop with Win XP installed. The laptop is plugged in but I have removed all peripherals. When I turn on the computer it turns on and may stay on until the desktop has come on and then shuts off or it may shut off within 10 secs of pressing the on button.
Any suggestions?

Thanks, Mary

Relevancy 45.15%

Having this problem for a while now with no luck.
Whenever I turn off my computer or it goes into sleep mode, I can't put it back on unless I turn off the mains power switch (on the back of the PSU) for about 10 secs, back on again, then press the main on-button on the front panel.
This is obviously irritating every time I need to use my pc and it also stops the clock on the computer. When I eventually the the pc back on, the time is stuck on whenever it last shut down, causing extra problems.
I've tried updating software etc. Originally thought it was a power problem but should have more than enough watts.
Any help would be appreciated.
PC Specs:
AMD A8 6600k APU
Nvidia GeForce GT 740
500W ACE PSUACE500BR PSU
8gb Ram
1TB Harddrive
Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DS2 AMD

A:PC won't start up after sleep or shutting down.

You may need to change a setting in the bios to allow the keyboard to wake up the computer. Have a look at the motherboard manual.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/pc-wont-start-after-sleep-or-shutting-down-4608022/
Relevancy 45.15%

Dear experts I need your Keep Shutting Start Just Down Up At Laptop help What I have Toshiba Satellite P D-S Windows Vista AMD Turion X We started having issues here and there for the past weeks It started acting quot weird quot and being a little hot once in a while The battery icon would turn RED once in a while and go back to the regular white At first the laptop would shut down without any warning at any giving moment just once in a great while days ago it shut down and wouldn t stay on for Laptop Just Keep Shutting Down At Start Up several hours but then acted correctly for the rest of the day Since yesterday every single time we try to start it we can t even try to do anything on it Even before everything loads properly at start up it shuts down I did try to clean the fan this morning with a Large Rocket Air Blaster Since we are actually in a snowstorm right now and no car I don t have any quot Air Power Duster Can quot A little dust came out but not much I can t download that quot Speed Fan quot to know the temperature since it won t let me do anything just keeps shutting down And since it hasn t been on for less than a minute at the time for a couple days the laptop is totally cool We don t do any game and don t download anything on this laptop beside little stuff with emails I also tried to start the laptop with only the battery without the charger plugged in As well as trying with just the charger without the battery in and the quot remove and re-install quot the battery Of course it s out of warranty Sorry if this is a little hard to understand My English isn t the greatest If someone answer back I would REALLY appreciate no abbreviation as far as computer language and easy to understand steps Thanks for reading nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-just-keep-shutting-down-at-start-up.1035905/
Relevancy 45.15%

I've never experience this before. For some reason my Computer running XP will start up 15 to 20 min. after I have turned the computer off. Any suggestions.

A:Auto start after shutting down

Go into your bios and disable all the auto power-on settings.

I would also do some virus scans to rule that out, and post a hijackthis logfile for the pros on this site to have a look over.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/auto-start-after-shutting-down.35596/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi everyone, I have a problem with my sons pc. I bought it for him at christmas, it's a p4 3g system which I had built. On start up it gets to the WELCOME bit then clicks, shuts down and re-boots. Sometimes it does this 3-4 times then starts ok, it runs ok when it has started. I had the guy look at it and he said it was a software issue and there were too many games on it, so he formatted and re-installed windows XP sp2. He said that he had put some thermal paste on the processor and checked everything out and it was fine. When I started it up back at home it did exaclty the same thing again, I just wondered if anyone had a bit more of an idea?
Cheers
Steve

A:pc keeps shutting down and re-booting on start up

Reboot the computer. Before windows starts to load press F8 for the boot options window. Choose "Disable automatic restart on system failure" option.
When you get a BSoD, post the error code here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-keeps-shutting-down-and-re-booting-on-start-up-140540.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a e Machine Computer Mod #T5254. The problem is with the computer shutting down on start up. as soon as windows tries to load the computer powers off. I had this same problem in May of 2010 at that time we replaced the motherboard and it worked for a few months. The problem came back. I tried to do a restore, but the unit shuts down. I installed a hard drive from a working computer with the same problem. The original operating system was Vista, but installed Windows 7 after the first problem. Thanks for any help that can be provided

A:eMachine shutting down on start up

Before doing any reinstall of windows or anything like that, I would test the hardware. eMachines use pretty low end parts ie cheap. Open the case and take a look at the pw supply. If it is a bestec, I would get rid of it; they are very low quality pw supplies. If it is not a bestec, post the brand here.

Next I would download and run the hard drive mfg's diagnostic for checking the hard drive. You download this from whomever made the drive ie WD, Seagate, etc. There are usually two versions; a windows ver and a dos or boot ver. Get the boot ver since your os does not start.

Next download and run memtest again this runs from bootable media ie CD so no need for the os to even be installed.

If both the memory and hard drive checkout OK and you do not have a bestec pw supply, then you can attempt to repair the os or just clean install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachine-shutting-down-on-start-up.980084/
Relevancy 45.15%

My computer shutdown unexpectedly . When it restarted , windows xp wouldn't restart. After trying everything on the windows advanced options menu, it still won't start. Could the hard drive be corrupt? Or what else might I try?

A:Windows xp won't start after shutting down

Hi and welcome to TSF could you provide a little more info ie is this a laptop or desktop,the make and model or if a custom build the make and model of the motherboard,power supply,video card,ram,cpu,have you tried removing and reseating the ramhave you cleaned out any dust and debris from the air vents and fan with a can of compressed air

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-wont-start-after-shutting-down-555231.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Every time I try to use WinZip it gives me a pop-up box that says has encountered a problem amp needs to close amp it gives me this error log I have uninstalled amp installed WinZip a few times but with the same results WinZip Error Report Log Internal error detected about e a output context info a WZDLL unzip edfc IBSDLL IBSIsDownload Exception code c Instruction ptr f Return address a Segment Registers DS ES FS b GS General Registers EAX ffffffff EBX c ECX EDX ESI EDI af Control Registers start shutting WinZip...keeps Cant itself down EBP e ESP e c SS Cant start WinZip...keeps shutting itself down Windows XP Professional build Service Pack Current date time AM WinZip R compiled May Module name C PROGRA WINZIP winzip exe Command line quot C PROGRA WINZIP winzip exe quot quot C Documents and Settings vernon cameron Desktop M t r rar quot User Interface Selected Classic Memory in use Total physical memory Kbytes Physical memory available Kbytes Total virtual memory Kbytes Virtual memory available Kbytes Country code Language English Code-page Font WZC Product file information follows WZC Product ID WINZIP Path C Program Files WinZip WINZIP EXE Ver Build Date PM WZFILVW OCX Ver Build None Date PM WZFLDVW OCX Ver Build None Date PM WZMSG EXE Ver Build Date PM WZQKPICK EXE Ver Build Date PM WZSEPE EXE Ver Build Date PM WZSESS EXE Ver Build Date PM WZSRVR EXE Ver Build Date PM WZ DLL Ver Build Date PM WZCAB DLL Ver Build None Date PM WZCAB DLL Ver Build Date PM WZCKTREE DLL Ver Build Date PM WZEAY DLL Ver Build Date PM WZGDIP DLL Ver Build Date PM WZIMGV DLL Ver Build Date PM WZSHLEX DLL Ver Build Date PM WZSHLSTB DLL Ver Build Date PM WZSMTP DLL Ver Build None Date PM WZVINFO DLL Ver Build Date PM WZWIA DLL Ver Build Date PM WZZPMAIL DLL Ver Build Date PM Directory C PROGRA WINZIP Filename Size Last Write Date Creation Date Access Date Long Name ZXA DLL PM PM AM R ZXA DLL EXAMPLE ZIP PM PM AM Cant start WinZip...keeps shutting itself down EXAMPLE ZIP LDCDBLDR DLL PM PM AM R LDCdBldr dll LHA DLL PM PM AM R LHA DLL MYDOCS WJF PM PM AM MYDOCS WJF MYDSKTOP WJF PM PM AM MYDSKTOP WJF MYE-MAIL WJF PM PM AM MYE-MAIL WJF MYFAVS WJF PM PM AM MYFAVS WJF UNRAR DLL PM PM AM R UNRAR DLL USRCOMBO WJF PM PM AM USRCOMBO WJF VIRTCD DLL PM PM AM R VirtCDRDrv dll WINZIP CHM PM PM AM R WINZIP CHM WINZIP EXE PM PM AM R WINZIP EXE WZ DLL PM PM AM R WZ DLL WZCAB DLL PM PM AM R WZCAB DLL WZCAB DLL PM PM AM R WZCAB DLL WZCKTREE DLL PM PM AM R WZCKTREE DLL WZEAY DLL PM PM AM R WZEAY DLL WZFILVW OCX PM PM AM R WZFILVW OCX WZFLDVW OCX PM PM AM R WZFLDVW OCX WZGDIP DLL PM PM AM R WZGDIP DLL WZIMGV DLL PM PM AM R WZIMGV DLL WZINST CHM PM PM AM R WZINST CHM WZMSG EXE PM PM AM R WZMSG EXE WZQKPICK EXE PM PM AM R WZQKPICK EXE WZSEPE EXE PM PM AM R WZSEPE EXE WZSESS EXE PM PM AM R WZSESS EXE WZSHLEX DLL PM PM AM R WZSHLEX DLL WZSHLSTB DLL PM PM AM R WZSHLSTB DLL WZSMTP DLL PM PM AM R WZSMTP DLL WZSRVR EXE PM PM AM R WZSRVR EXE WZVINFO DLL PM PM AM R WZVINFO DLL WZWIA DLL PM PM AM R WZWIA DLL WZWIZARD CHM PM PM AM R WZWIZARD CHM WZZPMAIL DLL PM PM AM R WZZPMAIL DLL ---- End of Directory ---- zip gcList gfstrTempPrefix C Documents and Settings vernon cameron Local Settings Temp gfstrZipTemp C Documents and Settings vernon cameron Local Settings Temp gfZipTempRemovableOnly Security Zone Internet Explorer C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe ver PM ver in registry Cache Location C Documents and Settings vernon cameron Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Windows Installer C WINDOWS system msiexec exe ver PM crypt dll ver advapi dll ver CryptoAPI Enhanced Provider Information Name Microsoft Enhanced Cryptographic Provider v Version Type PROV RSA FULL shell dll ver comdlg dll ver RichEdit ver RichEdit ver comctl dll ver Misc Misc gfWin F gfWinNT T gfWinNTCommonControls T gfWin T gfWinME F gfWinXP T gfWinXP F WinZip Shell Extensions are NOT in the system approved list EnforceShellExtensionSecurity is OFF WinZip Add-On Supported E-mail Product info C PROGRA MI... Read more

A:Cant start WinZip...keeps shutting itself down

Is there some reason you don't just use the built-in zip facility? WinZip is really an old app that has little use any more. Considering that there are so many different archive formats in use, why not get rid of it and use an archiver that handles them all?

Free multi-format archiving suites:

ZipStar (Zip, Cab, and Sqx, which achieves better compression than Zip.)
Izarc
ZipGenius
PowerArchiver
TugZip
ALZip
Zip Central
FilZip

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-start-winzip-keeps-shutting-itself-down.833333/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a windows HP touchsmart laptop I was upgrading it to windows and when it was updating and restarting alot I ran out of patients start shutting laptop won't windows why down after during... up and turned it why won't windows start up after shutting down laptop during... off I wasn't thinking about what would happen When I turn it on the screen is on but its black and the blue hp symbol shows in the middle of screen like it usually does when I start it up but this time it doesn't show the white curser loader at the nbsp bottom of the screen I tried unplugging all devices holding power button down for atleast seconds plugging charger back why won't windows start up after shutting down laptop during... in and turning it back on but nothing is working I can access the bios options but I was wondering if theres any other option I could do to make it start up normal besides recovering reset my laptop nbsp theres more info on my laptop processor type AMD A - APU with Radeon TM HD Graphics nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp processor speed MHz nbsp My test results are all passed as far as processor check memory quick check hard drive smart check hard drive short dst check battery check wireless module check syatem board check nbsp nbsp Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Why-does-my-hp-laptop-screen-freeze-with-the-blue-hp-picture/td-p/5833860
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a windows HP touchsmart laptop I was upgrading it to windows and when it was updating and restarting alot I ran out of patients laptop after down during... up windows start why won't shutting and turned it off I wasn't thinking about what would happen When I turn it on the screen is on but its black and the blue hp symbol shows in the middle of screen like it usually does when I start it up but this time it doesn't show the white curser loader at the nbsp bottom of the screen I tried unplugging all devices holding power button down for atleast seconds plugging charger back in and turning it back on but nothing is working I can access the bios options but I was why won't windows start up after shutting down laptop during... wondering if theres any other option I could do to make it start up normal besides recovering reset my laptop nbsp theres more info on my laptop processor type AMD A - APU with Radeon TM HD Graphics nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp processor speed MHz nbsp My test results are all passed as far as processor check memory quick check hard drive smart check hard drive short dst check battery check wireless module check syatem board check nbsp nbsp Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/why-won-t-windows-start-up-after-shutting-down-laptop-during/td-p/5833860
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm new at posting please helpThanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC And Xp Start-up Slow At "shutting-down" Hangs Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc Slow Start-up And Hangs At "shutting-down" Xp exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exeC WINDOWS system LxrSII s exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeC Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYSC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC Program Files PC-Clean PC-Clean exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files BigFix BigFix exeC Program Files palmOne HOTSYNC EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEC Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess TaskPanl exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Metacafe MetacafeAgent exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings Owner My Documents Hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http start earthlink net AL SearchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http start earthlink netR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http start earthlink net AL SearchR - URLSearchHook SrchHook Class - F B - C- -A B -D BD DCBB - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess ElnIE dllR - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - E E -D E- D -AD - E C F - C PROGRA FRESHD FRESHD fdcatch dll file missing O - BHO PnIEBrowserHelperObj Class - B F E - F - a-B -B E C EDF - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess PnEL dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO ElnkScamBHO Class - F -BE - - - F AC BA - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess EScamBlk dllO - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - BHO Web Class - D B -E - A - A - FE DDAE - C PROGRA NLIA Nlia dllO - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar EarthLink Toolbar - D F B - - AF- -B FA D E - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess PnEL dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - To... Read more

A:Slow Start-up And Hangs At "shutting-down" Xp

You need to explain what your problem is.==================Fix these with HiJackThis ? mark them, close IE, click fix checkedR3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - ~CFBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)START ? RUN ? type in %temp% - OK - Edit ? Select all ? File ? DeleteDelete everything in the C:\Windows\Temp folder or C:\WINNT\tempNot all temp files will delete and that is normalEmpty the recycle binBoot Download Superantispywarehttp://www.superantispyware.com/superantis...efreevspro.html Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.? It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes.? Under Configuration and Preferences, click the Preferences button.? Click the Scanning Control tab.? Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:o Close browsers before scanningo Scan for tracking cookieso Terminate memory threats before quarantining.o Please leave the others unchecked.o Click the Close button to leave the control center screen.? On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software click Scan your computer.? On the left check C:\Fixed Drive.? On the right, under Complete Scan, choose Perform Complete Scan.? Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.? After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK.? Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next.? It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes.? To retrieve the removal information for me please do the following:o After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntispyware icon on your desktop.o Click Preferences. Click the Statistics/Logs tab.o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.o It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).o Please highlight everything in the notepad, then right-click and choose copy.? Click close and close again to exit the program.? Please paste that information here for me with a new HijackThis log.Please give feedback on what worked/didn?t work and the current status of your system

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/77263/slow-start-up-and-hangs-at-shutting-down-xp/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am getting VERY frustrated with my stupid computer. I have Windows OS 7 Compaq Presario. EVERYtime I restart or shutdown it goes through the updates and then configuration and then when it restarts it does the configuration AGAIN and then shuts down and comes back on and configures again.  What the heck is WRONG with this stupid thing and how can I fix it or change settings?  I don't want to lose CRITICAL updates but sheesh this is freaking RIDICULOUS! I'm afraid I don't understand a lot of computer language and so don't know what updates are critical and which are unnecessary.Anyone to help?

A:Configuration twice upon start up and once shutting down EVERY TIME

How much free hard drive space do you have? If the hard drive is too full it can cause this.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,155102.0.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Yesterday I downloaded some criical updates from windows. After reboot of the system I have a problem with XP Prof. Right after start up the system shuts right back down within 1 second. Error message to quick to read - but there seems to be some dll error and a sutdown command. Already screened for viruses Norton and Stinger scan - but nothing). Assume its realted to the updates of windows.....

Run on XP build 2600.xpxp2.030422-1633:SP1.

Can only boot in safe mode - thats it. But can not fix the shutting down problem. Any idea?

Thnks in advance.

Laupi

A:NEED HELP: Windows automatically shutting down after start up

Its urgent - need my computer tonight - now using my laptop - but need some files urgent.

Thanks!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-windows-automatically-shutting-down-after-start-up.314415/
Relevancy 44.29%

When I encounter an error in some of my utility programs (incryption software, vista manager, etc) I close them. But then they never properly start up again. They usually freeze so I go into task manager and end the process(s) that are giving me the problem. But when I try to start it back up the proces appears but not the actual program gui. help? THis happens with explorer.exe as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/after-shutting-down-certain-programs-then-dont-properly-start-up-again-348024.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello.

I am using Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP2.

I have two user accounts, neither of which were password protected.

Recently I used msconfig to shut down some start up programs and services I did not want or need (so I thought). Now when I rebooted the first time everything was fine, except for that it wanted a password when I switched users. I had not set passwords and would log in without one when rebooted. I went and set passwords for the user accounts which works when switching users most of the time. Other times the passwords for both accounts are wrong.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Log on problems after shutting down start up programs and services

Did you set the services to manual or disable? Do you remember which ones you changed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/log-on-problems-after-shutting-down-start-up-programs-and-services.616853/
Relevancy 44.29%

everytime i start up the computer i get this message Recent hardware or software change might have caused this If your computer stopped responding restarted unexpectedly or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders choose last known good configuration to revert to the shutting keeps not up back and windows Solved: will down start most recent settings that worked If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the power reset button was pressed or if you arent sure what caused the problem choose start windows normally Safe mode Safe mode with networking Safe Solved: windows keeps shutting down and will not start back up mode with command prompt Last known good configuration your most recent settings that worked Start windows normally Use the up and down arrows keys to move the highlight to your choice Seconds until windows starts i have tried every one of the startups and it always just goes back to the same screen the safe mode with command prompt doesnt let me put in any commands due to the HDD being partioned already please help me I have windows xp on my laptop it is a HP pavillion dv Is there any thing I can do or do i have to get a windows xp cd to try and fix what is wrong nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

hey guys, i just got this message when i was trying to shut down my computers, nothing happened tho its still shutting down properly, it happens today, idk what was the cause, as i am not downloading or changing anything. im kinda paranoid so, thank you for your help

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/58485-application-wont-start-0xc0000142-when-shutting-down.html
Relevancy 44.29%

i have a compaq with windows 2000 professionaln.. the computer was shutting down right after loading windows.. so i started by unplugging things to see if it was any of the attachments... the computer starts up fine and works well as long as the ethernet cable is not attached. as soon as you attach the cable to access the internet the computer automatically shuts down.. ive ran numerous virus scans with AVG and have also ran other clean ups without any problems.. is there anything anyone can suggest that i can do or what the problem may be and how to fix it?!?! thanks

A:windows 2000 professional shutting down at start up

Have you tried the following: -

1. Remove the NIC. Clean the contacts and reinsert it making sure that it is properly seated.

2. Replace the ethernet cable.

3. Use the Windows "Add/Remove Hardware" utility to uninstall the NIC. Restart and then follow the onscreen prompts from the "Found New Hardware" wizard to reinstall the NIC.

T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-professional-shutting-down-at-start-up.588323/
Relevancy 44.29%

1) Lately, suddenly when i shut down my XP Pro on my desktop i get a box about ending explorer, then when it times out i get another box about ending Power Meter. But a desktop doesn't use a power meter. When this box appears, it won't time out and i have to hit End Now button to continue shutdown. This started happening suddely a couple weeks ago,and i can't figure out why, and how to stop that. Any ideas?

2) Usually, i can do Start/Run, then type regedit or msconfig and it would find that exec and run it. How does Windows know where those execs are? I was trying to find out, and suddenly it won't find msconfig...i have to browse to it. The "pointer" to msconfig must be somehow broken, but how?

Thanks! Any help will be appreciated. I am new to this forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/strange-problems-shutting-down-and-start-run-problem-449111.html
Relevancy 43.86%

When I switch, on the screen is red with the shutting down message with the swirling dots. Cannot do anything at all. Thankfully I still have my old laptop to use. Please can anyone help?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/start-up-trouble-screen-permanently-shows-shutting-down/td-p/5636620
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey guys,

I've got an incredibly annoying issue, and have no idea what is causing it.

All of a sudden a couple of months ago my PC (a Dell XPS 420) suddenly started taking a long time to shut down, what I mean by this is I go to the start menu and the shut down button but I can then be waiting anywhere up to 10 minutes for the actual process to begin, once the shut down process starts its quick as anything.

Ive done disk cleanup, disk defrag, uninstalled any programs im not using, cleaned up all my files, done various virus and spyware scans and such.but as yet nothing has sorted the problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

A:Comp Takes A Long Time To Start Shutting Down

Hello,

This issue may be happen because a background program running may be causing Windows to hang, thus lengthening the time before it can prepare for shutdown.

We may try starting Windows in diagnostic mode. This will be able to tell us if it is a third party application that is causing the issue.

To do this:

[NOTE: It may be advisable to disconnect from the Internet as any anti virus programs may be disabled. We will re-enable them later. You may print these instructions out if necessary]

1. Click Start and then type 'MSCONFIG' (no quotes) in the Search Box.
2. Double-click on the MSCONFIG program that appears in the search results.
3. On the 'General' tab, select 'Diagnostic Startup' and then click OK.
4. Restart the computer.

After restarting, try to shutdown the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comp-takes-a-long-time-to-start-shutting-down.781443/
Relevancy 43.43%

I ve let my family use this computer for awhile they down. up. messed Slow restore shutting randomly Computer System computer. started to complain it was quot acting weird quot When I jumped on to see I noticed it was shutting down by itself and extremely slow I got the computer to start up and tried to do a couple system restores I then noticed then that the date time on the computer Computer randomly shutting down. System restore messed up. Slow computer. was off Saying some of the restore points were back in when I didn t even have this computer After a couple failed attempts Computer randomly shutting down. System restore messed up. Slow computer. I got the computer to restore Its not randomly shutting off anymore but is still slower than it should be I reseted the date and time but I m still worried something could be wrong This computer has had Computer randomly shutting down. System restore messed up. Slow computer. a Root Kit and a MBR infection before I ve run disk clean up Spybot AVG and CC cleaner DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupsvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exeC Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files ATT-SST McciTrayApp exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exeC PROGRA Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exeC Program Files Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA AAM Updates Notifier exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools Pro DTProShellHlp exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Documents and Settings Administrator My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www att netmStart Page hxxp www att netuSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo commURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dllBHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No FileBHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dllBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO Spybot-S amp D IE Pr... Read more

A:Computer randomly shutting down. System restore messed up. Slow computer.

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398232/computer-randomly-shutting-down-system-restore-messed-up-slow-computer/
Relevancy 43%

No matter what option i pick in the safe mode list, the computer will not start. when i choose any of the safe modes, (safe mode, safe mode with networking etc) the computer displays a list of random commands (i dont understand any of it) and then restarts. If I try to Start Windows Normally, or use last settings that worked, it seems to start loading, and then restarts.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-start-my-computer-the-safe-mode-options-screen-appears-computer-wont-start.158370/
Relevancy 42.57%

Lets say that i downloaded a pdf file. If i put that file on to the desktop it will be there. But when you restart your computer or shut down your computer, you log back on and its not there.If i download poweriso, i install it into c: drive and it will work. But when you turn the computer off or reboot it, you log back on and its not thereI know its not a virus. Its like a school computer you can only save it into your drive. If you save it into a desktop it wont be thereI think someone put a system restore or a default. so when you turn it off it will reset it to the what you had when you turned it onI have a dell computer running windows 10

A:Computer wont save anything after shutting down computer or restarting

Was this system ever joined to a corporate or a school network? It might be a group policy that is making your user profile act this way.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,153510.0.html
Relevancy 41.71%

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3901 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F5, 3/9/2012

It is a 1-week old PC (installed OS a week ago), and I installed the OS by downloading it from Microsoft and installing it using a bootable CD.

A:BSOD while shutting down computer (1-week old new computer)

Please do not start multiple threads for the same issue: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...ml#post1997494

I will look over the reports in your other thread when I get home and have access to my debugging tools. Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239514-bsod-while-shutting-down-computer-1-week-old-new-computer.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Help about my computer My computer keeps on shutting down when im installing uninstalling Please help down about My im on my keeps shutting when computer Help installing/uninstalling computer.. Btw im installing Nero I also try to install other software but it restarts Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning Help about my computer.. My computer keeps on shutting down when im installing/uninstalling processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost Help about my computer.. My computer keeps on shutting down when im installing/uninstalling exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exec Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exeC Program Files IDT STacSV exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmPfw exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files IDT WDM sttray exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS VM STI EXEC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TMAS OE TMAS OEMon exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http Help about my computer.. My computer keeps on shutting down when im installing/uninstalling g msn com SEENPH SAOS FORM TOOLBRR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http g msn com SEENPH SAOS FORM TOOLBRR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www returnhomepage com cm a p q about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn com SEENPH SAOS FORM TOOLBRR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - B AAEB - F D- - C -C CA D - no file O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - HKLM Run SysTrayApp ProgramFiles IDT WDM sttray exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run BigDog C WINDOWS VM STI EXE VIMICRO USB PC Camera ZC O - HKCU Run OE C Program Files Trend Micro In... Read more

A:Help about my computer.. My computer keeps on shutting down when im installing/uninstalling

sumbody help me..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/178998/help-about-my-computer-my-computer-keeps-on-shutting-down-when-im-installinguninstalling/
Relevancy 41.71%

My computer is an XP home edition I believe, and it asked me to install some important updated. After doing so, it told me that I needed to restart or shut down my system in order for the updates to take place. When I tired doing so, It gets stuck. I get to a blue "log-off" screen, and it says 6 out of 14 updates are being installed... do not turn off your computer. But it stays like that for hours, and never updates, so I end up having to shut off my computer by hitting the power button. :/

I tried doing a system restore, but those updates have to be installed first. Before it even tries to restore, it deals with the updates. I'm not too sure what to do. Is there any way to bypass these updates, or get them installed some other way? I'd really apriciate the help. Thanks.

A:Updates for my computer are preventing me from shutting down my computer

Is this a new system? When you go to updates have you validated your copy of XP with Microsoft? Once you do that and make sure your settings are correct in your browser for downloads it does take time but not hours. Are you running firewalls, Zone Alarm etc., anything that would block the updates? Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updates-for-my-computer-are-preventing-me-from-shutting-down-my-computer.807978/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi, there is a red light next to my power button that blink's alot & i believe it's called the hdd light. No matter what i'm doing it shut's off after awhile & than my computer freeze's & i don't know why. Everything work's fine into that happen's & it's alway's random. I only had this computer for 2 years & i built it myself & this problem just started 2 days ago i also did memtest but it partially freeze's meaning the upper right corner isn't moving but the mid right corner still has number''s moving.This is my system specs

geforce gtx 660
intel core i5-3570k
corsair cx 600
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Onboard gpu intel (R) 4000

A:Hdd light on my computer keep's shutting off than my computer freezes

The hdd light should only light while the disk is being read or written to. It is normal for the hdd light to not be on all the time.

Since you say the system "partially" freezes during a memtest, I would like to understand more about that. Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing when it's partially frozen?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/356475-hdd-light-my-computer-keeps-shutting-off-than-my-computer-freezes.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I was using my microsoft office word program, and it all of a sudden went funky, like short circuiting out, then a blue screen popped up saying that the program I was using was bad and causing my computer to crash, so my computer was shutting down before it crashed. Then it shut down and came back up asking if I wanted to go back to a restored or previous thing, something like that, (a restore point), and it said it would probably turn off and on several times through out and could take several minutes, then the computer turned off and back on and the screen would not turn on... I have a dell all in one computer, so I do not have a separate tower from my monitor. What happened? How can I fix this? Any one out there have any ideas? I was not even on the internet at the time.

A:Got a bad program, shutting down computer before computer crashes... help

When you first turn it on, can you see the Dell logo?  If so, does it show the Windows logo after that?
Do you recall details of what the blue screen said?

If you can see the Dell logo, then try these free, bootable diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html
You can press F12 to get to the boot menu in order to boot from the CD/DVD drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578740/got-a-bad-program-shutting-down-computer-before-computer-crashes-help/
Relevancy 40.85%

It started about two weeks ago. It would go to the screen saver, and then when it would go to sleep you couldn't wake it up using the mouse or keys. If you shut off the monitor and turned it back on, you'd get the bouncing icon that says you're monitor is alive, so it's not the monitor. Now it's gotten to the point where it's not even waiting to go to sleep. The computer will just cut off by itself. The lights are still on the computer but no one's home. It is running Windows XP.

Thanks.

A:Computer keeps shutting off

Firrst check for a possible heat issue. Open up the computer, inspect all fans and blow out the garbage.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-off.482943/
Relevancy 40.85%

Computer keeps shutting down I cant run or load any new software such as new printer install I have no idea what the problem is or if this log helps I dont keeps Computer down. shutting know if its a virus or otherwise HELP My next move is to go buy a new computer It will also freeze Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system savedump exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe Computer keeps shutting down. C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe C Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE VWUBB V HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www emachines com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exe O - HKLM Run AOL Spyware Protection quot C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe quot O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run NAV CfgWiz C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CfgWiz exe GUID NAV CMDLINE quot REBOOT quot O - HKLM Run SunKistEM C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe O - HKLM Run OM Monitor C Program Files OLYMPUS OLYMPUS Master FirstStart exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe ... Read more

A:Computer keeps shutting down.

Anyone?? I see one other person is having the same problem in this forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down.636383/
Relevancy 40.85%

my computer sometimes shut down for no reason at all and then starts up again. it happened once when I disconnected from the internet and again when I exited windows media player ten. has anyone else ever had this problem?

A:computer shutting down on its own

have you verified that all power cables are properly connected from your wall to the pc? also can you hear all your fans running in the pc, you should have 2 or 3, one on the cpu and one going out of the case, and one in the pwr supply. also do you have any type of heater sitting by your pc? these are just the things I would start off with?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-down-on-its-own.337398/
Relevancy 40.85%

I need to do this as quick shutting computer keeps down as possible Even though I m in safemode with networking I keep shutting down Please help I have had this problem before and fixed it throught this computer keeps shutting down website Please help My cd drive isn t opening for me and it won t read the disks anyway Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO ALOT Toolbar - AA BA - - dc - - AB FA AE - C Program Files alot bin alot dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO AIM Toolbar Loader - b cda -b - eef-a - a ac dbf - C Program Files AIM Toolbar aimtb dll O - BHO MSN Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - Toolbar no name - C B - - d - B - A CD F - no file O - Toolbar Starware Music - a f -cb - aa - ec-fc b b - C Program Files Starware bin Starware dll file missing O - Toolbar IE Custom Tools - C DFA F - - E - E - D F B - C Program Files Online Add-on ictmdl dll file missing O - Toolbar ALOT Toolbar - AA BA - - dc - - AB FA AE - C Program Files alot bin alot dll O - Toolbar AIM Toolbar - ecd-cc - -a c- aaccbd - C Program Files AIM Toolbar aimtb dll O - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - C Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleSyncNotifier exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Kodak EasyShare software lnk C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button AIM Toolbar - b c c- efa- - f-bcb e a b - C Program Files AIM Toolbar aimtb dll O - Extra button PokerStars - AD F C-ED - e -B D - B F A EF - C Program Files PokerStars PokerStarsUpdate exe O - Extra button AIM - AC ... Read more

Relevancy 40.85%

The computer is randomly shutting itself down and restarting itself I m not sure what the cause is or what provokes it but it does this randomly without warning Any help would be greatly appreciated Below attached are the GMER amp DDS resultsDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Kaspersky Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Updated C D BC - - -A F -E C FW Kaspersky Internet Security enabled C D BC - - -A F -E C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEsvchost exeC Program Files Winamp winampa exeC Program Files iTunes Down Shutting Itself Computer iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Computer Shutting Itself Down Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exec PROGRA mcafee Computer Shutting Itself Down SITEAD mcsacore exeC Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Owner Desktop Installed Virus Stuff dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www rodrigony com mStart Page about blankuInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexploreuInternet Settings ProxyOverride localuURLSearchHooks Winamp Search Class bca fa- dbb- a -b - c f b - c program files winamp toolbar winamptb dlluURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dllmURLSearchHooks Winamp Search Class bca fa- dbb- a -b - c f b - c program files winamp toolbar winamptb dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e Computer Shutting Itself Down ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO Winamp Toolbar Loader cee ec- - bc- b - ddc ab c - c program files winamp toolbar winamptb dllBHO IEVkbdBHO Class ab -e d - f -a a - fa cca c - c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky internet security ievkbd dllBHO aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - Google Toolbar HelperBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dllBHO FilterBHO Class e cf -d - a- f - f a f - c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky internet security klwtbbho dllTB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - TB Winamp Toolbar ebf ba - - c a- b-bb f d de - c program files winamp toolbar winamptb dllTB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dlluRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot backgrounduRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun WinampAgent quot c program files winamp winampa exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottimemRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun NeroFilterCheck c windows system NeroCheck exemRun avp quot c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky internet security avp exe quot mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup adobeg lnk - c program files common files adobe calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exeIE amp Winamp Search - c documents and settings all users application data winamp toolbar ietoolbar resources en-us local search htmlIE Add to Anti-Banner - c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky internet security ie banner deny htmIE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeIE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exeIE FE - FCB- AC-B - F - FE - FCB- AC-B - F - c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky internet security klwtbbho dllIE CCF ... Read more

A:Computer Shutting Itself Down

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319817/computer-shutting-itself-down/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello all shutting off Computer My problem started yesterday after downloading Sygate Personal Firewall Pro amp a program call quot Hello quot photo imaging program While on the internet and w o warning the monitor shut off for maybe ten seconds and then turns back on by it s self It did this twice and then didn t do it the rest of the night This morning I was disconnected from the internet twice I m using XP Home on a dial-up connection Here s a Hijackthis log from this morning Thanks for looking a it for me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon Computer shutting off exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system Computer shutting off lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS Computer shutting off Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AVPersonal AVGUARD EXE C Program Files AVPersonal AVWUPSRV EXE C PROGRA Iomega System AppServices exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Iomega AutoDisk ADService exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Iomega AutoDisk ADUserMon exe C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exe C Program Files AVPersonal AVGNT EXE C PROGRA Lavasoft AD-AWA Ad-Watch exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C PROGRA HPINST plugin bin pchbutton exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpobnz exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files MRU-Blaster scheduler exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office EXCEL EXE C WINDOWS System DllHost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS System msiexec exe C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents DAVE S JUNK hijackthis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www toast net start O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLL O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run ADUserMon C Program Files Iomega AutoDisk ADUserMon exe O - HKLM Run Iomega Drive Icons C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exe O - HKLM Run Deskup C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons deskup exe IMGSTART O - HKLM Run AVGCtrl quot C Program Files AVPersonal AVGNT EXE quot min O - HKLM Run AWMON quot C PROGRA Lavasoft AD-AWA Ad-Watch exe quot O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startgui O - HKCU Run NVIEW rundll exe nview dll nViewLoadHook O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run Acme PCHButton C PROGRA HPINST plugin bin pchbutton exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU RunOnce Eraser Clear XP quot C Program Files CyberScrub Professional silent exe quot -XP O - HKCU RunOnce CyberScurb quot C Program Files CyberScrub Professional silent exe quot R O - Startup MRU-Blaster Scheduler lnk C Program Files MRU-Blaster scheduler exe O - Startup MRU-Blaster Silent Clean lnk C Program Files MRU-Blaster mrublaster exe O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - Global Startup hp psc Series lnk C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpobnz exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-off.275022/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello A few days ago I got my son's report card which was poor I decided to 'ban' him from using the internet whilst at home My son knows way more about PC's than me and thought it would be fun if he installed a program or put an exe file on my PC What keeps happening is I will be on the PC and at random times I will get this message saying quot HAHA this is what you get for banning me quot Sometimes I don't even get a message and it just shuts down I don't get a chance to save my work or anything it just shuts down or restarts This is now a problem that I can no longer deal with which is why I came here down. Computer shutting I Computer shutting down. am just hoping that someone knows what he has done as I want this issue fixed ASAP I have looked over the PC's Computer shutting down. installed programs and there are no new ones I have searched for exe files but have failed to find any recently added ones Also he admitted to putting 'something' on the PC but refuses to remove it

A:Computer shutting down.

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach the logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-shutting-down-600408.html
Relevancy 40.85%

This problem has been going on for a few days now The computer shutting down computer somehow seems to shut itself down multiple times during the day Often I have trouble getting it to start back up It seems to restart itself more in the morning than in the afternoon or evening I have run adaware spybot s amp d AVG antivirus and just recently installed the Zone Alarm firewall None of them find anything Here is the hijack this log that was taken after computer shutting down all the tests were run Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon computer shutting down exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS computer shutting down system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmgr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmon exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http channels aimtoday com search aimtoolbar jsp R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http comcast net comcast html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults stp ymsgr http my yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http channels aimtoday com search aimtoolbar jsp R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su ymsgr http www yahoo com N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http www worldusa com quot C Program Files Netscape Users default prefs js O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Toolbar AIM Search - D A B-D B- d - A - EE F C - C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dll O - HKLM Run EM EXEC C PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run MediaFace Integration C Program Files Fellowes MediaFACE SetHook exe O - HKLM Run Lexmark X Series quot C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item amp amp AIM Search - res C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dll aimsearch htm O - Extra context menu item amp amp Search the Web - C WINDOWS Web Ers src htm O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YPager exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YPager exe file missing O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF D E C -BD A- D - A - A D - http chat yahoo com cab yacsui cab O - DPF A F B BD-A A - A- - D ScorchPlugin Class - http www sibelius com downlo... Read more

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,

Recently my computer started shutting off suddenly without warning. When it first started, it did it a number of times in a single afternoon. Then it went for about a week with no trouble. Then it did it again a few times in one day. What causes this? Can I fix it? Thanks.
PS It's a HP Pavillion laptop with Windows XP

A:Why Does My Computer Keep Shutting Off?

what does the battery indicator by the time show???
does it show the battery accepting charge when you plug in to the wall???

could be the battery is no longer charging like it should.

when your laptop shuts down own its own ---is the bottom panel real hot
to the touch?????
can you hear fan nosies if you hold the laptop up to your ear when its running????

3 main causes are bad battery---
lot of dust inside laptop case----
or a hardware component like the power supply or cpu fan is on its last legs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-does-my-computer-keep-shutting-off.715966/
Relevancy 40.85%

Please help , my hp laptop is shutting off . If i load any program computer will shutdown in 3- 5 minutes. If i start the desktop only computer will run for a couple of hours then shutdown. Any suggestions? scrtagnt420

A:computer is shutting down by itself

Overheating?

Go to Start->Run, type ChkDsk /r and click Ok.

A MSDOS Window will appear to ask you if you want to run this utility at startup. Select Yes. Restart the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-is-shutting-down-by-itself.347094/
Relevancy 40.85%

LAst night my computer just shut off...i was able to turn it back on and get on it again, things were running slow and then it shut off again....i forgot to turn it off before i went to bed and this morning its not working. I can turn it on and the green light on the from says its onbut nothing is happening. I kept trying and every now and then it would seem like it starts to load but would shut off again. I hooked the monitor up to my laptop and it worked for a second then shut off again, i thought that it may just be the monitor but then why cant i open the c drive....nothing else is working too....do i have a virus? did something blow? the fan?
I have no clue, i have tried everything I can think of....what do i do now? whats going on?

A:My computer keeps shutting off

megastar15 said:

I hooked the monitor up to my laptop and it worked for a second then shut off again,Click to expand...

Sounds like a dead monitor to me it should work fine that is assuming the monitor can handle the screen size of your monitor, to be double sure set your screen size to 640 x 480 and then try the monitor if it still wont work its broken.

megastar15 said:

i thought that it may just be the monitor but then why cant i open the c drive...Click to expand...

Open the C drive ?? what does that mean ?

megastar15 said:

nothing else is working too..Click to expand...

What else is there.

Look lets start from the beginning, first check the monitor, then post back and tell us if the computer makes any noise or if any lights come on on the base unit.

Usual checks like fuses are a good start.

regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-keeps-shutting-off.108108/
Relevancy 40.85%

hi there i have just bought a g force 2 mx400 64mb tv out and since i have installed it my computer keeps shutting down after a few hours. it also happens if i have a few applications running at once....anyone out there can halp me with this problem please,,,,thanx

also the error message reports that the problem is caused through the gforce card

A:computer shutting down

Is the system sufficiently cool??

Have you downloaded the latest drivers / Direct X??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-down.86616/
Relevancy 40.85%

My brother was downloading something off of limewire on our family computer, and now when you try to get onto a account it shuts off as you click it. I want to say it is a virus, because I can go on there when I am on safe mode. I have no idea what to do about it, because I can only be on there for 2 minutes so I cannot do a scan or anything! Please help!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-shutting-off-by-itself-357386.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I am running windows XP professional, and my computer tends to just shut down and then try to restart, but when it gets to the windows xp start up page, it will load for a while, then shut down again. I've checked my processors temperature and its running at 165 F (which i beleive is fairly normal). The only other thing i can think of is my power supply, which is 350W. I have a 1.66ghz Athlon 2000+, 512mbs of SDRAM, a 30 gig hardrive. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Relevancy 40.85%

For the last couple of days my computer has been shutting down by itself, arbitrarily. I could be looking at my bios, on my desktop or while the computer is starting up.

There is no exact time it does this. I'm not sure what is wrong but, I have no more than a minute, usually less before it shutdown.
Interesting my mouse lights are on even after my computer has been shutdown.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 40.85%

HELP i am a complete computer amateur and am a bit worried my pc keeps turning itself off often at the most inconvenient times. can anybody help and tell me how to stop it please could this be a vista related problem?

A:my computer keeps shutting down

High temp CPU search the web for the regular temp setting and then compare the temp in the bios see if it's getting too hot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-keeps-shutting-down.605789/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, I am using an e-machine computer (from best buy) with Windows XP. I've had to restore it often because the kids are contantly on Limewire or some other area they shouldn't be. But, this problem is different. In a nutshell, the computer just shuts down. No warning, no error message, just off! It started doing this today, and I tried unplugging and plugging it back in. Turned the computer back on and it stayed on for about 5 minutes then off again.

My son uses the computer a lot to play World of Warcraft. I tried cleaning the hard drive. Didn't make any difference. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Karen

A:Computer Shutting Down

I had a similar problem with my computer. Did you purchase a better video card or are you using the onboard video?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49273/computer-shutting-down/
Relevancy 40.85%

My computer keeps shutting down and giving me a blue screen error I ran malwarebytes amp AVG and they found nothing so thinking it may down.. Computer just keeps shutting be some type of software problem I attempted Computer just keeps shutting down.. to restore to a previous time but I found my System Restore Computer just keeps shutting down.. to be OFF I did NOT turn this off Can someone please take Computer just keeps shutting down.. a look at my logs Thanks so much Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services iCloudServices exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services ApplePhotoStreams exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPMSGSVC exe C Users Angie AppData Local Facebook Messenger FacebookMessenger exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x Ask com Updater Updater exe C Program Files x AVG Secure Search vprot exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media Webcam YCMMirage exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Users Angie Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http sn w snt mail live com default aspx wa wsignin R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - B C- C F- BF -B - A - C Program Files x AVG Secure Search AVG Secure Search toolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Updater For XFIN PORTAL - bb be - eb- c -b f -fc b ea - no file O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files x Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - B C- C F- BF -B - A - C Program Files x AVG Secure Search AVG... Read more

Relevancy 40.85%

I never had this problem until I recently cleaned up my computer. It now runs fine, but my problem is that the computer shuts off, without warning, every 10 minutes.

How can I stop this?

A:Why does my computer keep shutting off?

How'd you clean it?

Does it just shut off? or a bluescreen?

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/293914-why-does-my-computer-keep-shutting-off.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My computer suddenly switches off and appears to reboot. I get the usual message about something probably being unstable and checking my disks. It has happened several times over the last few days and this time I copied the details of the error. BCCode : d1 BCP1 : F9743F59 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : F9743F59 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 0_0 Product : 256_1

Could someone please tell me if there is anything i can do to prevent this from happening.

Thank you in advance

A:Computer shutting down

Hi kleave,
I see from your other post that you are using XP Pro.
You need to get the machine to stop restarting on errors so that you can get a BSOD and error message.
Go to system properties (right click MyComputer > properties) > Advanced tab > under startup and recovery click settings > under System failure make sure "Write an event to the system log" is checked AND that "Automatically restart" is UNchecked. Click "OK" and reboot.

When you get your next BSOD, write down the entire STOP message.
You can post it here for help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-down.138082/
Relevancy 40.85%

i built this computer in november 2005, its got a amd athlon 3700+, and 1024 kingston ram...
atx a8n-sli premium mobo... every so often it just like shuts down. the computer screen goes black, but the computer is still running but its frozen... and on my temperature display it says a 95 fahrenheit, but it also says that the cpu is being used 100% and 50% of ram... is this anything significant?

Relevancy 40.85%

This has been happening for about a week now. It will just shut down. One time it came back on and rebooted, sometimes I can turn it back on, then other times, I have to unplug the power cord, wait for the green light on the back to go out, plug it back in and then turn it on.
I have ran Norton and Spy-bot, but both say that everything is fine.

I'm running win xp.

What could it be?

A:Computer keeps shutting down...

Just a guess without seeing it but it sounds like the power supply may be going bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down.327581/
Relevancy 40.85%

My computer keeps shutting itself off sometimes and i have no idea why. Could it be the outlet? Im running windows xp.

Relevancy 40.85%

For the past 4 days - excluding Sunday, my computer keeps shutting down in the mornings. Most I seem to be able to keep it on is 10 minutes.
Someone said reset to previous safe date, but I am afraid of it shutting down in the middle of doing this.
Is it possible I have picked up a virus.
Why does it settle down by lunch time GMT
Help please
Please remember my knowledge on computer language and use is limited to switching on, reading and sending emails and using exel and word.
Simple language please.
Regards
Skeeg

Relevancy 40.85%

My friend s comp is screwed when I try to run AdAware the computer shuts itself down it gives me a countdown and shuts down in seconds But I m not an itself down? Computer shutting expert and I know alot of you guys are much more experienced than me If any of you can help us out I would appreciate it greatly Thanks in advance Here s the HJT Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Computer shutting itself down? Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files eMachines Bay Reader shwiconem exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exe C Program Files Lexmark series lxbtbmgr exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS System zqjfke exe C WINDOWS System SahAgent exe C Program Files Lexmark series lxbtbmon exe C Program Files DownloadWare dw exe C Program Files NaviSearch bin nls exe C Program Files ISTsvc istsvc exe C Program Files Internet Optimizer optimize exe C Computer shutting itself down? program files solutions sais exe C Program Files VVSN VVSN exe C WINDOWS System toupwd exe C Program Files AutoUpdate AutoUpdate exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files eMusic eMusicClient exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C WINDOWS System wifaccrc exe C PROGRA Web Offer wo exe C PROGRA ezula mmod exe C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings ivette de la paz Application Data DownloadPlus exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files aim aim exe C WINDOWS System exdl exe C Program Files CxtPls CxtPls exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Web Rebates WebRebates exe C Program Files Web Rebates WebRebates exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings ivette de la paz Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http www begin search com sidesearch html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www begin search com sidesearch html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www begin search com sidesearch html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http aimhome netscape com aimhome adp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www emachines com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http search search-exe com nph-search cgi tcode exesrch amp look stmpl amp fw R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www begin search com sidesearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www begin search com sidesearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default websearch drsnsrch com q cgi q R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search search-exe com nph-search cgi tcode exesrch amp loo... Read more

Relevancy 40.85%

hey guys im new and i need help ok here is the situation my computer has been Shutting Is Computer Down! doin this for about a month now and its getting old ok well it started shutting down Computer Is Shutting Down! a month ago and every thought it was my p s well i replaced it and its dooin the same thing still i have tryed a few other fourms and im goin try this one now it only shuts down when it is underload like games and prime prime will shut it down really Computer Is Shutting Down! quick but when it shuts down i cant just press the power button to get it to boot again i have to unplug and then plug t back in and it goes dont know why i have given up man this sucks im telling u THX for ur help -MONGOOSE in case this helps PC SPECS abit NF -s amd athlon xp radeon pro patriot ram dual channel w p s memorex DVD-RW fans GB hard drives nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

here is my log Logfile of Keeps Shutting Own Computer On It's Down HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Computer Keeps Shutting Down On It's Own Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC Program Files Ahead InCD InCD Computer Keeps Shutting Down On It's Own exeC Program Files Logitech MediaLife MediaLifeService exeC Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NVMixerTray exeC Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exeC Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdagent exeC Program Files CyberPower PowerPanel Personal Edition pppeuser exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files CyberPower PowerPanel Personal Edition ppped exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exeC Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Scan Server bdss exeC Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Update Service livesrv exeC Program Files Softwin BitDefender vsserv exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC DOCUME SONATA LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for HijackThis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SpywareBlock Class - A E F- A- B -B -E C A F - no file O - BHO no name - E CB - D A- FB -B CB- E FDDB - c windows system mipamip dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dllO - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeO - HKLM Run Protect SHVRTF EXEO - HKLM Run MediaLifeService quot C Program Files Logitech MediaLife MediaLifeService exe quot O - HKLM Run Iomega Startup Options C Program Files Iomega Common ImgStart exeO - HKLM Run Iomega Drive Icons C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run OM Monitor C Program Files OLYMPUS OLYMPUS Master FirstStart exeO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NVMixerTray quot C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NVMixerTray exe quot O - HKLM Run mmtask quot C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe quot O - HKLM Run BDAgent quot C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdagent exe quot O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startguiO - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck sys... Read more

A:Computer Keeps Shutting Down On It's Own

Hi jor220dan, If you still need help please post a fresh HijackThis log and I'll be happy to look at it for you.Since there is a new version:1. Delete the old version of HijackThis!2. Download Hijack This! Save it in a convenient permanent folder such as C:\HJT\.Double click HijackThis.exe which you just downloaded, and hit "Do a system scan and save a logfile".Please post the HijackThis log in your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/98900/computer-keeps-shutting-down-on-its-own/
Relevancy 40.85%

Lately my computer has been restarting spontaneously during operation. This has happened twice on the same day. I don't know what could be causing this but I am concerned about my computer's well-being. What can I do?

A:Computer shutting off

This type of rebooting behaviour is often caused by your computer overheating. You can check your system temperatures with SpeedFan, which should give you an indication of whether your system is running too hot.Also, I would recommend that you open your computer case and make sure all the fans are spinning okay and that there isn't an excessive amount of dust in there that would impede air flow. See the following Bleeping Computer tutorial for guidance on cleaning inside your computer.Cleaning the Interior of your PC

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/237860/computer-shutting-off/
Relevancy 40.85%

My windows XP computer has been shutting down by itself for about two weeks now. It is intermittent in doing this. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing this. The computer is in a clean area of the house, no cats around, and not much foot traffice moving arounnd except when I come upstairs two or three times a day to use it. There shouldn't be much dust floating around as my home is only about 7 years old. I have thought about the heat issue. Any other suggestions. I also believe I am clean of virus according to my MSE. Thanks.

A:Computer is shutting down by itself

Have you cleaned the computer, even in a clean environment the get pretty dirty sometimes even in a few months.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528394/computer-is-shutting-down-by-itself/
Relevancy 40.85%

Any suggestions my computer shuts down after windows screen saver starts I just noticed it the other night and I have no idea as to why and Shutting Computer down how to fix it I usually turn off Computer Shutting down the monitor when I m done and shut the whole thing down at night Now when I turn off the monitor and return hours later the computer is shut off but the monitor is on standby When I start the computer again I get the grey bar s at the bottom telling me quot for advance troubleshooting press F quot as if it wasn t shut down properly Can you help me I m running Windows XP Pro Here is my system info OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name OLDDELL System Manufacturer Dell Computer Corporation System Model L r System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS Version Date Intel Corp A SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS System Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot User Name OLDDELL Denise Harrold Time Zone Eastern Standard Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory MB Available Virtual Memory MB Page File Space MB Page File C pagefile sys Any other questions feel free to ask Laura nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Hello all This is my first post here so excuse me if i miss any info I'm having a problem with my computer i have installed Win XP Pro SP onto a new clean HDD When i go to upgrade to SP all goes well When done installing it reboots like normal and goes through its processes But it gets to the blue Welcome screen and then it shutdowns like someone pulled the plug on it I have installed Xp pro about times so i know its not a software issue Computer Keeps shutting down I have also tried Computer Keeps shutting down installing Win Vista Home Premium Bit but it when it boots from the cd it says loading windows files or something to the nature of that Then a green bar scrolls on the bottom and it does the shutdown thing You can time it its so consistent Here are my Specs PSU Thermaltake TR RX W RU W ATX V Ver SLI Ready Modular Passive PFC PFC Power Supply PSU ouput V A V A V A V A - V A VSB A Mobo Foxconn P A-S LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard CPU Intel Core Duo E Wolfdale GHz MB L Cache LGA W Dual-Core Processor RAM G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory BTW i have another set of these comin for vista to have a total of GBs Video Card EVGA -P -N -AR GeForce GT MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card HDD Seagate Barracuda ST AS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s Hard Drive OS Win XP SP trying to get to Vista Home Premium bit FYI i dont think its the powersupply i switched it out to test my computer i put in an ocz - watt psu and it did the same thing at the same time

A:Computer Keeps shutting down

I've seen this a couple times before. All with varying causes. The first thing I would check is the motherboard BIOS battery. They are usually very simple and cheap to replace. If replacing the battery doesn't work you may want to try the FIXMBR command in the Windows XP Boot CD recovery console.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-keeps-shutting-down-333022.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all.

One of my workmates is having a problem with his computer. As he goes to shut it down, it hangs at the "Windows is shutting down" and does nothing further. What possibilities are there that would cause this?

I don't know the specs as yet, though, before you ask. As I get the info I need, I'll let you all know.

Thank you in advanced.

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all When I turn my computer on it shuts down without any warning It usually happens within minutes from when I boot my computer If it doesn t happen within that minutes it doesn t keeps Computer Down..help pls shutting shut down and i can use my computer for hours without any problems this problem happens Computer keeps shutting Down..help pls nearly everyday many times a day so i just keep rebooting until finally it doesn t shut down Is the problem with my power supply I have a watt antec Here is my sys info OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack Build CPU Athlon Ram GB MB video card Could it be a virus I have norton installed and i do a full system scan times a week Personally i dont think it is a virus because this morning it shut down when i tried to restart it the power turns on with an orange light but the system still would not start The virus can only work if my computer is already running right nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

The system gets a minute shut down timer after the windows desktop appears with the Windows must now restart because DCOM server process launcher service terminated Sometimes the computer shutsdown without warning also Need some advice from an expert Thank you guys for everything you do you probabally don t hear that enough Here is my log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v shutting Computer down Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Computer shutting down PROGRA ALWILS Avast Computer shutting down ashDisp exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files Sony Giga Pocket shwserv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Computer shutting down Files Flock flock flock exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Sony Giga Pocket GPVSvr exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Sony Giga Pocket RM SV exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashSimpl exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www weather com weather map interactive from tenDay topnav undeclared R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www sony com vaiopeople F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system Userinit exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - c program files real realone player rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run ezShieldProtector for Px C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run NBJ quot C Program Files Ahead Nero BackItUp NBJ exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run NBJ quot C Program Files Ahead Nero BackItUp NBJ exe quot User O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS s... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-down.893732/
Relevancy 40.85%

My computer which is running XP Pro has developed a problem of shutting down occasionally I thought it was a heating problem but I checked all the fans and found the fan on the video card was bad I replaced the video card thinking the problem was solved only to find that that didn t change anything I am running it without the side on it and when it shuts down I check for any hot spots and Computer shutting down cannot detect any Also when it shuts off the light is still on on the front and I have to shut the power strip off and turn it back on to restart I don t have to do anything on the computer itself just the power Computer shutting down strip I checked the power supply and it seems to be working ok I ran a diagnostics test and the processor and motherboard test ok I would appreciate any suggestions as to what to do next Thank yuou nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

I am going crazy here my computer keeps shutting down I have cleaned it out so many times and ran scans through it I only know the basics of computers and not much on the hardware side of things computer shutting keeps down I have read a lot a computer keeps shutting down people download hijack this but i really am worried that i will mess things up I know it might computer keeps shutting down be over heating but i dont understand why cause the fan is working this is only the kids computer but it fustrates me when they have to use mine all the time please help i dont know whether i should just buy a new one here is a copy of my hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS vsnpstd exe C Program Files Common Files ACD Systems EN DevDetect exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C WINDOWS system sistray exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http au yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g ninemsn com au SEENAU SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook SweetIM For Internet Explorer - BC FFE -DE F- fa-B -AAD B F - no file O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SWEETIE - A AADCD- A - b f- F-E BB A E A - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar SweetIM For Internet Explorer - BC FFE -DE F- fa-B -AAD B F - no file O - HKLM Run SiSPower Rundll exe SiSPower dll ModeAgent O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run snpstd C WINDOWS vsnpstd exe O - HKLM Run Device Detector DevDetect exe -autorun O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User Default user O - Global Startup Utility Tray lnk... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down.685189/
Relevancy 40.85%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C windows System smss exeC windows system winlogon exeC windows system services exeC windows system lsass exeC windows system svchost exeC windows System svchost exeC WINDOWS System acs exeC windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC windows system spoolsv exeC windows System Ati evxx exeC Program Files ProcessGuard dcsuserprot exeC Program Files Spyware Terminator sp rsser exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC Program Files ProcessGuard pgaccount exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC windows system ctfmon exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search keeps Computer down shutting Bar http www crawler com search dispatcher a amp tbid Computer keeps shutting down R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dllO - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run pgaccount quot C Program Files ProcessGuard pgaccount exe quot O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C windows system ctfmon exeO - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C windows Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C windows Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdate b O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdat b O - DPF BB F - F - EC -BF D- BD C AE a-squared Scanner - http ax emsisoft com asquared cabO - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http fpdownload macromedia com get shoc ash swflash cabO - Service Atheros Configuration Service ACS - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS System acs exeO - Service avast iAVS Control Service aswUpdSv - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeO - Service Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C windows System Ati evxx exeO - Service avast Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeO - Service avast Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeO - Service avast Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeO - Service COBFIV - Unknown owner - C DOCUME Steve LOCALS Temp COBFIV exe file missing O - Service DiamondCS ProcessGuard Service v DCSPGSRV - DiamondCS - C Program Files ProcessGuard dcsuserprot exeO - Service ERRLD - Unknown owner - C DOCUME Steve LOCALS Temp ERRLD exe file missing O - Service Google Updater Servic... Read more

A:Computer keeps shutting down

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/262543/computer-keeps-shutting-down/
Relevancy 40.85%

Windows XP Professional Build Intel Pentium D CPU GHz CPUs GB RAM Page file MB used MB available DirectX c System model AWRDACPI NVIDIA GeForce GT MB memory with the latest drivers that the shutting down Computer NVIDIA site s scan suggested for the card It s a Fry s Electronics built brand computer It s about years old It works for most things but shuts off no screen or restart with maybe one exception that occured recently that ll explain later It shuts off with Guild Wars which meet the reccommended requirements for and in the past done so with Avast Spybot and warm weather Now it s mainly streaming video and Guild Wars I factory restored my computer and the problem still exists It appears to keep getting worse I installed SpeedFan but I only look at the numbers and pictures Opera and TweetDeck running but not long after a Avira virus scan Opera and TweetDeck running One minute of playing Guild Wars and shuting it off to screencap http www fryssupport net fm cfm This Computer shutting down is the computer As for the explaining later I did get one blue screen of death It was in the middle of playing and it froze I remember is said something Computer shutting down about a memory dump and I wish I could remember the rest I couldn t start it without it turning of again After a while of waiting and unplugging it it did but I heard a whirling spinning sound which later went away Now it shuts off sooner when playing nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

When i logon my computer shuts down givin me an message saying Stop c000021a { Fatal Error }The windows login process system terminated unexpectantly with status ?

A:my computer shutting down i

STOP 0xC000021A (STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED)
incompatible software or drivers
How to troubleshoot a "STOP 0xC000021A" error
Your Computer Hangs When You Log On to a Terminal Services Session
Stop 0x21a" Error Message Occurs If You Download a RIPrep Image
GoBack causes a Stop error C000021a
STOP 0xC000021A in Winlogon Caused by PCAnywhere
Installing Internet Information Services Can Cause Problems in Windows XP
Google

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-shutting-down-i-331775.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My computer is shutting down with out warning.
Just shuts down, bang nothing.
It won't start till I unplug the power supply for about 30sec.
Then all is normal.
WinXP Pro
Dell 1.6hz,
512meg ram
Nvidia Gforce 2MX
2 hard drives

It is clean inside, doesn't appear to be overheating.
The power supply is warm to the touch not hot.
Don't know what temp the processor is running though.
Don't know if is coincidence or not but when trying to render a movie it shuts down.

any thoughts?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-down.723769/
Relevancy 40.85%

I m sure you all get these a lot shutting off Computer keeps but this keeps happening and I m pretty much out Computer keeps shutting off of patience and options here My computer will shut off during certain CPU intensive processes For example today I was trying to record an audio file on my computer and after min it shut off and it wouldn t even turn right back on i had to unplug the PSU and plug it back in before it would turn on again I tried to record the file again and it shut off again other times it will shut off when i play a simulation game or try to encode videos for DVD Here are my system specs AMD Athlon Gigabyte K NS mobo X mushkin DDR memory ATI Radeon X AGP video card SB live sound card WD SATA gb hd Thermaltake W PSU I tried running memtest and it would shut off then I swapped out the memory and it still shut off so then I figured it wasn t the memory it must be the temp So I figured out that the CPU was running pretty hot so i bought a good copper heatsink and arctic silver and that seemed to solve the problem Fast forward about months to today and the computer start shutting down again I don t know where to go from here at this point I just want to scrap the whole thing and start with a new pre-built system also if i decided to take this to a computer repair store do you think they would be able to fix it and how much would they charge any ideas nbsp

A:Computer keeps shutting off

Best trying to fix it yourself, repair place will probaly charge alot.
1.Have you checked all the fans are working.
2.Download Speedfan (search it in google) and check the temps
3.Try a different PSU yours might be faulty

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-keeps-shutting-off.67277/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello right now im using a older computer to type this message becuase my ather computer wont work I am wondering if you can help me out down shutting Computer is with the problem I have on my ather computer Ok my computer was working fine when I came home but when I dicided to go get something to eat When I came back I moved my mouse and it dindt work using a wirlless mouse and keyboard I pressed ctrl alt dlt but my keyboard didnt work Then I pressed the reset button and my mouse worked but not the keyboard so i dicided to restart my computer When it started up agin the key board still didnt work i checked the plugs and they Computer is shutting down were conected so i decided to turn of my computer by pressing the button with out safley turning it Computer is shutting down off I kept doing this process times but the keyboard dindt work Then i Computer is shutting down left my computer on and let it load but now when it gets in too second of loading it shuts down saying a Windows serious error that i cant fully read because it shuts down realy qucik and restarts the computer and keeps reapeating its self How do i stop it from restarting and could this be a virus I cant contact microsoft becuase it asks me for a windows XP serial which I cant find out with the Computer shuting down every time

A:Computer is shutting down

Hello and Welcome to TSF

First try booting into Safe Mode by tapping the F8 key at boot. If no success place the windows cd in the cdrom and try booting from the cd. You may have to change the boot sequence in the BIOS first.
Also if you have a ps2 keyboard and mouse lying around try using those instead of the wireless till you get it up and running again

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-is-shutting-down-80953.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I recently got a used Mac OSX G4. It works great except it won't stay on. Sometimes I can work on it for hours without a problem and other times it will shut off every two minutes or so. Please let me know if there is an easy fix!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down.574641/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have just installed XP, and since then the compter will not turn itself off once I shut down, it goes to the "it's now safe to turn your computer off screen and no further. I have tried Marioh's solution (posted 01-30-2002 ) for Win 2000 but that does not seem to work either.
Any ideas greatfully received

Marc

Thanks for the help Tpb that site was a lot of help!

A:XP not shutting down computer

Try this:
http://tweakxp.com/tweakxp/display.asp?id=312

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-not-shutting-down-computer.67165/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello, my computer started to shutting down by itself a few days ago. It will shut down just from turning it on, sometime a few minute while its on, and even a hour later. One time, it shut down by itself but the PSU is still running. What is the problem? Here are my spec:

CPU: X86-based PC
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Processor 5600+, 2800 Mhz, 2 cores Logical Processor.
MotherBoard: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 5.09, 5/3/2007
RAM:3.00 GB
System model: HP GC673AA-ABA m8100n
Window 7 Ultimate 32 bit
WATT output: 500 W
Hardrive: 450GB
Video card: NVIDIA GEFORCE 61503E nForce430
Total Physical memory:2.93 GB
Available Physical memory: 1.57GB
Total Virtual memory: 6.08GB
Available Virtual memory: 4.73GB
Page File Space: 3.23GB

A:Computer shutting down by itself

It just shuts down as if you had pulled the plug? My top suspect is the power supply, but overheating or a memory defect could also be causes. Any hints in the Event viewer?

Is this a laptop or desktop?

What do you mean by a PSU "running"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-down-by-itself.1025225/
Relevancy 40.85%

Here s my problem if I can get it out before my computer shuts itself off again Computer shutting down itself keeps lol Btw I m an intermediate user I know enough so any questions feel free to ask but I have explored the basics to resolving my problem believe me My computer will randomly shut down It happened around months ago then kind of went away for a while and now it s back in full force sometimes shutting itself off every minutes or minutes or whenever it feels like getting an attitude It is no sort of RAT trojan backdoor someone else controlling my computer there are no worms no viruses not even a trace of adware malware spyware so get those out of your head What it isn t I m pretty sure of what it is I do not know I ve switched out surge protectors I ve switched where I jack my comp into the wall no help The odd thing is when it goes off it doesn t boot right back up Computer keeps shutting itself down but I have to turn the surge protector off let it sit Computer keeps shutting itself down about seconds turn it back on then turn my computer back on Happened the same months ago different kind of surge protector and when my computer shuts down the power doesn t go out the surge protector doesn t go off so I m quite certain it is something else What it is I don t know I don t know enough about what could be causing it hardware motherboards etc Any ideas I have plenty of fans working temperature is just fine the machine is decently new I don t know what else to tell you but thanks in advance if you have any ideas on resolving the issue you can t imagine how frustrating it is MyDahlia nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

I have a HP Pavilion a n computer Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition About months ago the computer shut down Help! Keeps :) Down Shutting Computer and would not come back on Took it to a computer repair shop and they said it was the power supply Computer Keeps Shutting Down Help! :) Got a new one and it has been fine up till now The last weeks it cuts off on its own or wont come on at all I have opened it up and made sure everything was tight and in its place and also cleaned the fans which had dust on them It still would not come on then after mins it did All fans were running when it came on but made no noise I downloaded SpeedFan to see the temps but am very unsure on how to read it I was wondering if anyone knew or maybe if anyone might have an idea of what the problem could be Thank You so much By the way here is what speedfan says CPU C Ambient C Remote C HD C Temp C Core C Fan RPM Fan RPM Fan Fan nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, my computer is shuuting down for no apparent reason.I have tried the repair and start in safe mode and I am now getting an error code:
0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x825ED948, )x825ED604, )x8AA5FCF0)
Has any one any idea's how to fix.
If I do a full AV scan this will occur every tim.

A:Computer shutting down

What make/model PC?

Is the PC restarting or performs a complete shutdown?

Are you able to access the BIOS (System Setup Menu)?

Try removing all power and removing all but one memory module and

attempt to boot ,swapping modules between attempts.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-shutting-down-657960.html
Relevancy 40.85%

my pc has been shutting down on its own...... it will lock up and go to a blue screen and begin a memory dump and the will hav ethe words, "Kernel_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR" It will then give and address BFFC3754 [email protected] with date stamp 3bcdd2f-ftdisk.sys. i will then tell wm to disable BIOS memory options such as cashing or shadowing.

What is going on? It is happening more and more frequently.

dde

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi All,

I am having an issue with my computer what is happing it that quite frequently the system will show the dreaded blue screen but will not allow me the read it then shuts off.

The only way I can start it again is to unplug it from the mains the plug it back in again. if I try to just start it all that happens is the the fan start and the hard drive read light comes on but doesn't go off along with the power on light but the initialisation process does not continue.

I would appreciate any help the you could give me.

A little about my spec

Windows xp
Pentium 4 3.0Ghz
512MB Ram

Thank you

A:Computer Shutting Down

Have you recently installed a new driver, hardware device, or application? If so, it may be the problem. Also, to be able to read the blue screen, which may give more insight, follow these steps:
Go to system properties (Control Panel or right click My Computer, click Properties)
Advanced Tab
Under Startup and Recovery, Settings button
Under System Failure, uncheck "Automatically Restart" checkbox

This will prevent the auto reboot when you get the blue screen

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-shutting-down-213367.html