Windows Support Forum

BSOD error code 0x00000116 after system recovery to factory specs, won't boot

Q: BSOD error code 0x00000116 after system recovery to factory specs, won't boot

I have a friend with a HP Pavillion who had to do a system recovery due to a virus. We did a system recovery both from the hard drive and the cd's, now when he tries to boot up he gets the BSOD 0x00000116 error code with a message about memory error and a physical memory dump. It recommends to go into the BIOS and disable caching and shadowing but when I go into the BIOS if find no such settings.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD error code 0x00000116 after system recovery to factory specs, won't boot

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD error code 0x00000116 after system recovery to factory specs, won't boot

0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed. Updating the drivers from HP's site would be the answer.

As for limited BIOS access you can thank HP for that. Dell does the same thing.

Question: Before doing a system recovery did you make sure first that the system was completely clean of all infections?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-error-code-0x00000116-after-system-recovery-to-factory-specs-wont-boot.153120/
Relevancy 128.34%

I have a friend with a HP Pavillion who had to do a system recovery due to a virus. We did a system recovery both from the hard drive and the cd's, now when he tries to boot up he gets the BSOD 0x00000116 error code with a message about memory error and a physical memory dump. It recommends to go into the BIOS and disable caching and shadowing but when I go into the BIOS if find no such settings.

A:[SOLVED] BSOD error code 0x00000116 after system recovery to factory specs, won't Boo

Hi -

Given virus, I suggest that you wipe the entire HDD with KillDisk, then use HP OEM Vista recovery DVD to reinstall Vista.

KillDisk --> http://jcgriff2.com/0x1/killdisk_imgburn.html

Once at Desktop post-Vista installation, allow Windows Updates to take over -

www.update.microsoft.com

For info, BSOD bugcheck 0x116 = video TDR timeout = the video driver was unable to reset in the alloted time.

Windows Updates should install an updated video driver. If not, go directly to the video device manufacturer's web site and obtain update, e.g., NVIDIA, ATI, etc...

I would run KillDisk because aside from infection remaining on the HDD hidden somewhere, there is no reason other than hardware failure that would cause a BSOD immediately following fresh Vista installation.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-error-code-0x00000116-after-system-recovery-to-factory-specs-wont-boo-512864.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Reconfigured Rig for folding and it's been folding for over a year or so off and on, usually goes in spurts of working for a week or a month, then just constant bsod errors. went though several drivers from 310.90 to the 314.22 today, still issues. PSU is HX1050 so that should be sufficient. Here are the Zipped SF System Info file and 2 of the bluescreen view files. I'm out of ideas and any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

A:BSOD when Running [email protected], error code 0x00000116

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800e4ef4e0, fffff88006005f60, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+931f60 )

Code:
Usual causes: Video driver, overheating, bad video card, BIOS, Power to card

Code:
11: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`056d4000 fffff880`0617b000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Fri Jan 18 13:22:15 2013 (50F94C87)
CheckSum: 00A92B69
ImageSize: 00AA7000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search

Quote:
Version: 314.22
Release Date for Desktops and Notebooks : March 25th 2013
In Device Manager: 9.18.13.1422

Download Driver
Start Type: Device Manager
Expand Display Adapters
Right-Click Driver Name, Uninstall
Reboot
Run Driver Sweeper
Reboot
Install Downloaded Driver
Driver Sweeper will scan for any left over files from the old driver, old driver files can cause conflicts with new driver installations. Create a System Restore point beforehand, in case any problems or issues arise.

Driver Sweeper:Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Update BIOS (if possible):

Code:
BiosVendor = Phoenix Technologies, LTD
BiosVersion = 6.00 PG
BiosReleaseDate = 10/25/2010
Scan for any missing, modified or corrupted protected Windows files with:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/285873-bsod-when-running-folding-home-error-code-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 86.43%

hello,everyone!Recently,something goes wrong with my computer and I have google it but found nothing helpful.I hope somebody in this forum could help me.
Here comes the BSOD problem:
BCPCode:116
BCP1:87AC6510
BCP2:906EBA80
BCP3:00000000
BCP4:00000002

A:BSOD playing Assassins Creed, error Code:0x00000116

Quote:
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/218973-bsod-playing-assassins-creed-error-code-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Greetings So for a 0x00000116 BSOD Code Error playing demanding games, good while these BSOD's dissapeared but are back and now am at ends wit About a year ago I had constant BSOD's with any games I played though Warthunder and Warframe gave the biggest guarantee for this So I figured after reviewing my problem and the info I could find to swap my graphics card so switched from a to GTX and that seemed to alleviate the symptoms but as only mere weeks they returned and I decided to visit the store where BSOD playing demanding games, Error Code 0x00000116 I buy my gear They checked my whole system ran standard benchmarks but also the Warthunder benchmark but it did not BSOD for them at any point which was not helpful but what was noticed was the CPU heat so we replaced the cooling To make things more odd though the BSOD's where caused by dxgkrnl sys dxgmms sys and nvlddmkm sys they dissapeared for nearly months after replacing the cooling So now I am BSOD playing demanding games, Error Code 0x00000116 again unable to play certain games as they almost instantly BSOD Monitoring my system on my second screen no oddities occurred before the BSOD HWmonitor even the temperatures never hit above C I tried turning off various services ran CCleaner Reinstalled Windows ran Checkdisk turned off all booting non essential software I am probably forgetting something but I just BSOD playing demanding games, Error Code 0x00000116 can't figure this out I think it could be the motherboard or RAM but I most of all suspect a bad power network seeing as we have light bulbs burn out in mere days Now my question is what do you guys think it could be and how can I figure this out with utmost accuracy I attached the zip with all requested information but let me know if more is needed Thank you in advance for any help Sincerely Other games like GTA on near highest settings won't cause BSOD's or SWTOR GalCiv neither nor smite nor Elite Dangerous

A:BSOD playing demanding games, Error Code 0x00000116

*Bump*

Are there no great wizards left anymore?!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370981-bsod-playing-demanding-games-error-code-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I have been having troubles with my Graphics cards ever since I got this computer Some days it works fine others its a complete disaster Recently I got a few games and when the games I used to play crashed or whatnot it would just close the game Now I am getting BSOD and having it reboot my PC I use Soluto to help me find what what might of caused the problem and this is what is sent to me Bug check code Probably caused by dxgkrnl TdrResetFromTimeout Driver The VIDEO TDR ERROR bug check has a value of BSOD Multiple error 0x00000116 Steam Playing code Games with x This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed Keep in mind I have two of the same graphics cards I used to cross-fire but then Realized no games would play with it activated so I disabled them After a while I tried messing with my setup so I could have three monitor setup two monitor and quot HDTV While im still using only two of the monitors I orignally got my first BSOD when i was trying to play a game on the TV monitor and no longer use the TV I am very out of touch with computer skills and I dont know BSOD Playing Multiple Steam Games with 0x00000116 error code anymore what else I should do to try BSOD Playing Multiple Steam Games with 0x00000116 error code and fix this problem Ive thought about getting a new graphics card to try and solve the problem because for the last few years problems only seem to occur with the Card and nothing BSOD Playing Multiple Steam Games with 0x00000116 error code else but i could find another solution then spending money that would be great Thanks in advance

A:BSOD Playing Multiple Steam Games with 0x00000116 error code

Your ATI drivers are pretty old.

Code:
2: kd> lmvm atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`04000000 fffff880`04055000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys
Image name: atikmpag.sys
Timestamp: Wed Feb 15 02:13:12 2012 (4F3B14B8)
CheckSum: 00051BFD
ImageSize: 00055000
Download the 13.9 driver from here then use AMD Uninstall Utility to remove all traces of your current driver, CCC etc. Reboot and install the 13.9 driver.

Note
When installing choose 'Advanced' or 'Custom' (whichever option is available, just not Express) and uncheck everything except the video driver.
Uninstall the following for testing purposes.

Attachment 323112

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/335809-bsod-playing-multiple-steam-games-0x00000116-error-code.html
Relevancy 79.55%

detailed description As of yesterday I am unable 0x00000116 into II, BSOD playing Starcraft error on BlackScreen boot. to use the quot ATI Mobility Radeon HD quot on my quot HP G -b SG Notebook quot a normal boot with the ATI Display driver installed results in most of the time a persistent Black Screen on startup after windows logo forming prior to login prompt some of the time visual anomalies on screen followed by frozen screen occasionally followed by screen unfreezing and tray notification quot Display driver stopped BSOD playing Starcraft II, error 0x00000116 into BlackScreen on boot. responding and has BSOD playing Starcraft II, error 0x00000116 into BlackScreen on boot. recovered quot followed by more screen freezing and recovering of display driver into blue screening I have recorded running into the BSOD for your viewing pleasure Anything else I can think of off the top of my head Display driver installed during starcraft BSOD was version B found here Prior to starcraft BSOD I bluescreened during a youtube video using the latest driver version found here BlackScreen on startup has turned into a blue screen at least once within a minute usually BSOD playing Starcraft II, error 0x00000116 into BlackScreen on boot. I turn the notebook off forcefully during a blackscreen - by holding down the power button Booting into safemode has worked reliably everytime Booting normaly without display drivers installed has worked reliably everytime When removing display drivers I run amd cleanup util boot into safe mode and run DriverSweeper to remove leftovers followed by a normal restart at which point I install Presently with no display drivers installed the device manager displays quot This device cannot start Code quot for the Mobility Radeon HD Q Did I make any major change to the system recently A Yes I registered quot SetTimerResolutionService exe quot as a service and gamed excessively for hours without any issues According to the readme the program calls NtSetTimerResolution and sets current timer interval to ms - which I confirmed I have since unregistered the service and removed the exe My current timer interval is back to ms when not running any programs which like to set it to ms such as chrome Please help me since being able to play a lot of starcraft is very important to me I have attached the zip as per BSOD - Posting Instructions If you feel comfortable talking on skype and have the time to spend helping a complete stranger feel free to send me a pm I also am not opposed to using teamviewer if necessary

A:BSOD playing Starcraft II, error 0x00000116 into BlackScreen on boot.

It is a display related BSOD. Stop 0x116.

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa80041fb010, fffff88006e75c58, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+6c58 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
And the driver is very old.

Code:
fffff880`06e6f000 fffff880`06eb5000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Timestamp: Wed Aug 04 06:52:49 2010 (4C58C0E9)
CheckSum: 00042256
ImageSize: 00046000
No feasible update is available in HP G62-100 Notebook PC series*-* Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center .

Moreover, it is integrated graphics, not any dedicated GPU.

Code:
Adaptertyp ATI display adapter (0x68E0), (Standardgrafikkartentypen)-kompatibel
Adapterbeschreibung Standard-VGA-Grafikkarte
If the GPU is a motherboard's element and it is failing, it may be treated as a failing motherboard, and the OEM windows licence is tagged with the motherboard.

In such a situation, it would be the best for you to take it to a HP service center, and get it fix.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306870-bsod-playing-starcraft-ii-error-0x00000116-into-blackscreen-boot.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello.

Like it says in the thread title, i got a bsod out of no where. I was downloading windows aio from one of the members of this forum and the computer crashed, bsod appeared with this code 0x00000116. I have a BlueScreenView program that can read the crash minidumps. Whit this program it says that the issue is with this file "Unknown_Module_13000000'0200010c". This is the first time i hear of this file and i don't know what to do... can someone help?

A:BSOD out of no where, code 0x00000116

please post the dump files in a zip file for analysis, they are in C:\Windows\Minidump in case you didn't know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/376204-bsod-out-no-where-code-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Windows Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 64-bit

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G2120 @ 3.10GHz

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

Total RAM: 4.0 GB
You could say my PC is new (1 yr old) and i started having this problem about 4-5 months ago. Since i was using a 32bit OS at the time i thought that was the problem so i installed a 64bit Windows but the problem still was present. For some games it occurs more frequent than others and for some it doesn't occur at all. I searched around the web for answers but nothing worked - updating graphic drivers , windows...

Thank you in advance

A:BSOD Code:0x00000116

Hi redrac.

A stop 0x116 is a Display/graphics related issue.

Uninstall your installed latest version of the display driver.
How-To Uninstall AMD Catalyst Drivers From A Windows Based System
Then clean up any possible leftover.
Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Then install version 13.9 WHQL only.
Previous AMD Catalyst? Display Drivers
Lately we have seen a lot of issues with the latest 13.12 WHQL AMD Catalyst.

Also, Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
Let us know the wattage of the PSU too.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Let us know the results.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8006a324e0, fffff88006c9dd88, 0, d}

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+bd88 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8006a324e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88006c9dd88, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 000000000000000d, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+bd88
fffff880`06c9dd88 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`07beb988 fffff880`06f1b000 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`06a324e0 fffff880`06c9dd88 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`07beb990 fffff880`06f1ad87 : fffff880`06c9dd88 fffffa80`06a324e0 fffffa80`042bdd50 fffffa80`036a5410 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`07beb9d0 fffff880`06fc1f07 : fffffa80`06a324e0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`042bdd50 fffffa80`036a5410 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x21f
fffff880`07beba00 fffff880`06febb75 : 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`00183ad4 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`07bebae0 fffff880`06fea2bb : 00000000`00000102 00000000`00000000 00000000`00183ad4 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiCheckHwProgress+0x71
fffff880`07bebb10 fffff880`06fbd2c6 : ffffffff`ff676980 fffffa80`036a5410 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWaitForSchedulerEvents+0x1fb
fffff880`07bebbb0 ffff... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/320627-bsod-code-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I've had the BSOD crash for a couple of months. Now its pretty regular multiple times a day, even when I leave my computer on sleep. I've researched a few threads and have done some attempts to fix on my own, but no help. I thought my problem was with NVIDIA GEForce G210 drivers, but I've updated them all and still no help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I work out of my home on computer, and I just got BSOD while working, not good!

A:BSOD bug check code 0x00000116

0x116 bugchecks are generally caused by drivers or hardware (GPU).
Your drivers are up to date so I would recommend downloading and running furmark.

Run it for at least 30 minutes.

Follow these instructions on how to run Furmark.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/327750-bsod-bug-check-code-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi Check (and 0x1000007e) [BSOD] 0x00000116 Code Bug I have for a few weeks now been getting some BSOD at random events Now I get it very often last night when scouering the internet for clues about that could be wrong I had several possibly over windows didn't manage to minidump att BSODs Windows blames dxgkrnl sys and at several times have the nvidia drivers quot failed quot and been restored BSODs occur when at complete random intervalls when starting up windows or playing games Sometimes my screens goes black and gets quot no signal found quot and then it reboots bsod windows reports when i [BSOD] Bug Check Code 0x00000116 (and 0x1000007e) get back from the reboot Other times as soon as it should switch from windows loading screen to windows welcome screen the monitor is just black and I hear the sounds of skype etc starting up There is never any problem showing the motherboard startup screen or the black windows loading screen When I have my dual monitor setup I don't even get a propper bluescreen only blue or browning colors When I only use my TV I get a real bluescreen if the screen doesn't go black first ofc I am also very confident that it's not a cooling issue and in some threads regarding similar issues some suggested memory issues so I ran memtest for hours when I was away and no errors had been found when I got back No hardware on my computer is overclocked Code Windows Ultimate bit Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz GB RAM GeForce GTX INTEL SS DSA M G GC SCSI Disk Device ST AS SCSI A complete everest home edition report saved as html is included in the zip file I usually manages to fix my own mess but this time I hit a wall I'd appriciate any help hopefully my gfx isn't broken Soda

A:[BSOD] Bug Check Code 0x00000116 (and 0x1000007e)

Quote: Originally Posted by Sodien

Hi I have for a few weeks now been getting some BSOD, at random events.

Now I get it very often last night when scouering the internet for clues about that could be wrong I had several possibly over 15 (windows didn't manage to minidump att BSODs)

Windows blames dxgkrnl.sys and at several times have the nvidia drivers "failed" and been restored.

BSODs occur when at complete random intervalls, when starting up windows or playing games.

Sometimes my screens goes black and gets "no signal found" and then it reboots (bsod windows reports when i get back from the reboot).
Other times as soon as it should switch from windows loading screen to windows welcome screen the monitor is just black and I hear the sounds of skype etc starting up. (There is never any problem showing the motherboard startup screen or the black windows loading screen)

When I have my dual monitor setup I don't even get a propper bluescreen only blue or browning colors. When I only use my TV I get a real bluescreen(if the screen doesn't go black first ofc).

I am also very confident that it's not a cooling issue and in some threads regarding similar issues some suggested memory issues so I ran memtest for 8+ hours when I was away and no errors had been found when I got back.

No hardware on my computer is overclocked.

Code:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz
12GB RAM
GeForce 580 GTX
INTEL SS DSA2M080G2GC SCSI Disk Device + ST310003 40AS SCSI
A complete everest home edition report saved as .html is included in the .zip file.
I usually manages to fix my own mess but this time I hit a wall.
I'd appriciate any help hopefully my gfx isn't broken.

//Soda

"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/189936-bsod-bug-check-code-0x00000116-0x1000007e.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I'm having multiple issues with my HP Pavilion g6 laptop-(4yrs old)-----I've done a little research and want to "wipe it clean to the day I bought it"---what's the difference in the three? I've already saved my personal files externally, so I've nothing to lose on it. I realize it's a several step process--recommend any links? thanks much

A:Factory Restore V Factory Reset V System Recovery

Factory Restore is to the state it was when you first got it.
You will then need to run 4 years worth of Windows Updates bit by bit - don't be tempted to allow Windows to update them all in one go. Choose them in block of say 10, chronologically, restarting the system carefully each time.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/factory-restore-v-factory-reset-v-system-recovery.306665/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi 0x00000116 date playing BSOD all up , any code game, to bug I just started having this issue recently dont know why or how it started Im a BSOD playing any game, bug code 0x00000116 , all up to date tech and all my drivers are up to date Im very savvy with this stuff Ill post specs first then blue screen info below I recently flashed my GPU bios and totally fixed a weird black screen crash on game exit with no error not bsod been a week or so with no crashes until this new BSOD so they shouldnt be related I have all the latest drivers from MSI site and yesterday installed the latest nvidia driver with 'perform clean installation' option selected as always All latest windows updates clean computer etc etc SPECS win bit msi z -gd mobo gtx gpu i k cpu ssd hdd G ram Nvidia gtx specs GK revision B BIOS version techpowerup com device ID DE- gpu clock MHz memory MHz driver version Bluescreen view info Bug check code x parameter fffffa bb fffff f fd ffffffff c a Caused by driver Caused by address dxgkrnl sys dxgkrnl sys d File description file version cpu crash address DirectX Graphics Kernel win sp gdr - x ntoskrnl exe c

A:BSOD playing any game, bug code 0x00000116 , all up to date

Tech eh? Did you miss the bit about running DMLogCollector and attaching all the files required to troubleshoot the BSOD?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/390557-bsod-playing-any-game-bug-code-0x00000116-all-up-date.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi there So a while back these BSOD started to occur when I played games on my laptop Specs of my laptop HTML Code Pasted with Everest Free Edition Computer Operating System Windows games, BSOD playing 0x00000116 code check bug Home Premium Home Edition OS Service Pack - DirectX DirectX c Motherboard CPU Type x MHz Motherboard Name Unknown Motherboard Chipset Unknown System Memory MB BIOS Type Unknown Display Video Adapter GeForce GTX M Video Adapter GeForce GTX M Video Adapter Intel R HD Graphics MB Video Adapter Intel BSOD playing games, bug check code 0x00000116 R HD Graphics MB Video Adapter Intel R HD Graphics MB Monitor Generic PnP Monitor NoDB Multimedia Audio Adapter High Definition Audio Controller NoDB Storage IDE Controller Intel R Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller IDE Controller Realtek PCIE CardReader Disk Drive WDC WD BPKT- PK T Optical Drive Slimtype DVD A DS A SH SMART Hard Disks Status Unknown Partitions C NTFS MB MB free D NTFS MB MB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard Standard PS Keyboard Mouse HID-compliant mouse Mouse Microsoft PS Mouse Network Network Adapter Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Network Adapter Killer e PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Network Adapter Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Peripherals Printer Fax Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer Printer Send To OneNote USB Controller Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller NoDB USB Controller Intel R Series C Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - E NoDB USB Controller Intel R Series C Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - E D NoDB USB Device Generic USB Hub USB Device Generic USB Hub USB Device USB Input Device USB Device USB Input Device Battery Microsoft AC Adapter Battery Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Battery Microsoft Composite Battery The bug check code I get is bug check code x Is there a way to resolve this damn annoying issue or is my laptop royally busted thank you in advance N N

Relevancy 73.53%

Question is in the title.
What does this error code mean and how do I fix it?

A:Error code 0x80070131 from System Recovery

Were you trying to backup and restore your files or a system image? Please describe your methods and what program you were using. At what point did the restore process fail or did it finish with that error?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/27762-error-code-0x80070131-system-recovery.html
Relevancy 72.67%

HI all i got this twice today BSOD Nvidia Geforce GTX 660Ti Driver (C:windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys) Appears to have caused a system crash.
Bug check code 0x00000116 Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys

Not sure what i can do i uninstalled reinstalled nothing helped i then went to latest Beta driver so far it seems OK anything else i can do to make sure it is Gone for good, dell thinks its a mainboard issue or something so there sending a new mainboard with a tech, but i don't think that is the issue myself.

A:bsod related to graphics card bug check code 0x00000116

update this seem to have appeared after the latest round of updates from microsoft today.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/46285-bsod-related-graphics-card-bug-check-code-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi guys,

Currently trying to troubleshoot my brother's laptop which has a BSOD on startup. It's a Dell Studio 1537 running win 7 which is a couple of years old. Prior to today, he has had no issue with it whatsoever. When booting normally into windows, he gets a BSOD and cannot get even as far as the login screen. Safe mode works fine. Please see attached screenshots/dump files.

I would be very grateful if anyone could advise on how to proceed.

Many thanks

A:BSOD on Boot 0x00000116

A stop 0x116 is a display related issue.

Safe mode works fine, because safe mode does not use the display driver, but a vga pnp adapter driver only.

Uninstall the installed display driver using Display Driver Uninstaller. Then try to download and install the latest version of the display driver.

If the issue persists even after doing it, the display adapter may be needed to be replaced.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371326-bsod-boot-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi I have recently installed a new GC quot The Sapphire HD quot and since then when I first turn on my system it starts to load into windows and then it BSOD quot x quot but First 0x00000116 BSOD Boot it then reboots itself and loads windows absolutely fine I believe that quot x quot is normally a GC issue my system meets all BSOD 0x00000116 First Boot the requirements for the GC and it is installed correctly so now I m out of ideas other then sending the GC back and asking for a replacement but I don t think that will solve the issue The only thing I can think of is that my system boots up really quickly and its not giving the GC enough time to power up I have only come to this conclusion because when I reboot the system loads first time The issue is only when I turn on the computer at first I m experiencing no other issues when I m actually in windows everything works perfect including the GC If you guys gals have any ideas I would be truly grateful Thanks in advance Regards nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-0x00000116-first-boot.1047028/
Relevancy 68.8%

Unable to get beyond BIOS - need bootable recovery CD that can re-initialize Boot Record and/or reimage drive
Gateway HDMI, AMD A6 processor 4 mb Ram

A:Win 8.1 Pro 64Bit boot bcd error 0xc0000034 CANNOT Boot System Need Recovery

Hi -

Does your system have a HDD Recovery partition?

Take a look at this from Gateway - https://panam.gateway.com/s/software/MICROSOF/vista/7515418/7515418su531.shtml

If no-go with HDD Recovery partition, you'll need to contact Gateway and order replacement recovery discs -

http://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-7-windows-vista/3716-oem-microsoft-windows-replacement-media-os-dvds.html#post26835

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573448/win-81-pro-64bit-boot-bcd-error-0xc0000034-cannot-boot-system-need-recovery/
Relevancy 68.37%

I am trying to take back up of the files from my Laptop.
I used it for 2-3 days. 
Stages followed. 
I connected my laptop with a hard disk.
1. Welcome
2. Factory recovery media. After starting the application, following error poped up:an error occurred while creating the factory recovery media dell
3. Data back up to hard disk. No issues for this point
4. Finish

A:New laptop 5558 Windows 8.1 Dell recovery and Back up, Error: an error occurred while creating the factory recovery media dell

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
Kindly click on the following link:
https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/media
This link will give all the information as to how you can use Dell backup and recovery and if there are any other issues with the same.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19660931
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey.

I have attached a picture of the Blue Screen error that I get whenever I start up my computer. My specs are:

NVIDIA GEFORCE 7900
WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM, 32-BIT

If I start my computer in safe mode then it looks like the second attachment, with a weird pattern all over the screen (and also in the wrong resolution, but I assume that's a standard safe mode feature?).

What is going on? My computer has been inactive for months. I used it for a few days, but one morning when I turned it on I just got this.. which makes me baffled as to why it has happened!

Any help is much appreciated.

A:BSOD 0x00000116 on system start

Hi,

Looking at the pictures I am afraid your graphics card has developed an error (Memory fault). You will need a new one!

Sorry.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/206558-bsod-0x00000116-system-start.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I ve always had weird things wrong with my system which I ve suspected memory problems happens Error BSOD System 1000000a, code often Error like games that take up a lot of memory would sometimes crash etc I had gotten BSODs before but RARELY Now recently at least once a day System Error BSOD Error code 1000000a, happens often I ve been getting System Error BSOD Error code 1000000a, happens often this BSOD quot DRIVER LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO quot something like that Here System Error BSOD Error code 1000000a, happens often is the exact error I get Error code a parameter parameter parameter parameter f Error code a parameter c e a parameter parameter parameter ffa Error code a parameter parameter c parameter parameter e c Those above are from separate occasions all within days The odd thing is this BSOD started coming recently I would get a BSOD maybe ce a week at most before and now I am getting this every day Another thing I ve noticed is my computer sometimes get sluggish after a restart from a BSOD its very odd I ve run windows debugger on the mini dumps of those crashes and got Probably caused by SCSIPORT SYS SCSIPORT for one of them and Probably caused by ntoskrnl exe for the other two Thanks nbsp

A:System Error BSOD Error code 1000000a, happens often

My computer specs are:

Intel prescott 3.0ghz w/ HT
WD 160GB 8mb buffer 7200rpm hard drive
2 x 512mb kingston ddr400 valueram
Radeon 9550 video card (AGP 8x)
Creative Live! 5.1 sound card (PCI)
Geniatech X8000A hdtv tuner card (PCI)
NEC 2510A dvd burner
Samsung 162c dvd drive
350watt antec tru power supply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-error-bsod-error-code-1000000a-happens-often.715502/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have been dealing with BSOD's since I build my computer. I have gotten different error messages, but they mostly relate to memory. I have run memory diagnostics multiple times, and they have all come back clean. I am leaning towards the video card, but I did a stress test earlier today and it didn't crash it. The last couple of crashes have been in this past week. Is there a way I can narrow it down between RAM and my video card?

A:BSOD Modification of System Code Error

rlister, this is the third BSOD thread you've started in a week. If this is the same machine you're having problems with can you stick to one thread so people don't keep giving the same advice over and over again, or, worse still, have no idea of what troubleshooting steps have been performed prior to this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/349513-bsod-modification-system-code-error.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a win 7 pro sytem that won't boot. It goes to the BSOD, error code C000021a,
status codes 0xc0000001 and 0x000010ad8.  I have tried booting to safe mode and running
"Last know good configuration", Running a system recovery disk and trying suystem restore and
Startup Repair.  I also tried running bootrec.exe /fixboot and fixmbr from command prompt.
I can acces the drive when connected to another computer.  I ran dskchk /f/r/x in this
confguration and in ran good.  I also tried a win 7 disk and ran SFC /scannow. 
I also verified that the computer hardware is good using another hdd that booted good. 
Not sure what to try next.  Hope you can help

A:Win 7 won't boot, BSOD error code c000021a

Geez,
I don't think I have anything else to suggest, but I just had to take a minute out to say how impressed I am with everything you did.
I can't even train an apprentice tech in my shop to rationalize the way you did and cover all those bases.
Kudos to you.
I will look your post over again, in case I think of something else to do.

PS; Does your machine try to boot Windows at all, and if so, how far along does it get before it fails?
PS2: In amongst those MBR commands, there is one that actually builds a new MBR. Did you see it while you were in there?
I remember a computer that wouldn't boot and nothing was working and I had tried the fixmbr and one or two others, to no avail.
When I used the command REBUILD a new one, that worked like a charm. Perhaps the MBR was too badly busted to be repairable.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547963/win-7-wont-boot-bsod-error-code-c000021a/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi I just purchased a new computer for work and splash, before BSOD after 0x00000116 117 on , login Intermittent boot pieced it together and installing win pro from a usb After I installed the catalyst drivers tried through windows update and from amd com it now BSODs unpredictably while booting Sometimes it restarts on its own and sometimes it requires a hard power cycle Here's the main hardware Intel Xeon E - V gb mhz ddr sapphire radeon msi ZH Intermittent BSOD on boot after splash, before login 0x00000116 , 117 A-G latest bios SPI w platinum Samsung gb SSD SATA DVD-RW Once I get into windows it seems to be rock stable I've successfully run the following tests without errors prime memtest furturemark dx furmark memtestCL It will always boot up into safe mode and will always boot up with the drivers rolled back to the default VGA adapter I even tried another from the IT closet with the same results I'm pretty much past the limit of my own troubleshooting abilities Any help would be greatly appreciated I thought I would take it home and upgrade over the weekend but now I'm scared I'll bring it back to work on Monday without a primary machine to actually do my job Let me know if you have any ideas or require any more information Thanks

A:Intermittent BSOD on boot after splash, before login 0x00000116 , 117

Hi bigups and welcome to the forums

Driver causing your crashes : atikmpag.sys

Which is relating to your ATI Video driver

Quote:
0: kd> lmvm atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`03e01000 fffff880`03e93000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Timestamp: Tue Jan 29 19:37:59 2013 (51082517)

Please uninstall the Catalyst Control Center and only install the Display Driver.

Also please follow this guide for help with Stop 0x117 and stop 0x116 errors:

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

Post back any development

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/276865-intermittent-bsod-boot-after-splash-before-login-0x00000116-117-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

heres the dmp file.

im not sure whats wrong with my comp. i recently downloaded fruityloops off the internet maybe it had a virus or something. but i cant start windows normally, i have to boot up in safemode.

i get BSOD erorror 0x00000116
then i get another screen on startup 0xc00000f

please help me.

A:BSOD error 0x00000116

Quote: Originally Posted by levi655

heres the dmp file.

im not sure whats wrong with my comp. i recently downloaded fruityloops off the internet maybe it had a virus or something. but i cant start windows normally, i have to boot up in safemode.

i get BSOD erorror 0x00000116
then i get another screen on startup 0xc00000f

please help me.

Easy your video driver, or video card. Bugcheck 116 is
The VIDEO_TDR_ ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000116. This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.

RE-install the driver using the below.

When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy.
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/125963-bsod-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 66.65%

When I wake my computer from sleep I encounter BSOD. The phenomenon has been occuring for over two months. I purchased a new video card with no success. I have files with details of my experience. Please share your thoughts. Thanks in advance for assistance!!

There doesn't seem to any dump files within the folder you attached, please check this directory, and then upload any files with Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Code:
C:\Windows\Minidump or %systemroot%\Minidump

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297850-bsod-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello, getting frequent crashes that seem to point towards display problems. I have tried a few different driver versions, but it did not solve the issue.

I ran memtest for 5~ hours, came back with 0 errors.

There does not seem to be a specific issue causing them but it usually happens either when playing video games or watching videos, both offline and online, such as youtube or twitch.tv

Another fact of note is about 2 weeks ago I had a RAM issue that was also causing BSOD, that time memtest found thousands of errors and removing 1 of the RAM chips fixed the issue.

Strange thing happened. I played Rift for 2~ hours without any crashes, then exited the game, opened firefox (more specifically this exact forum) and it crashed with seemingly the same error, but I'll attach this dump file just in case.

While the game was running, the gpu temperature was around 60~65. Combined with the fact that it crashed after it was closed should rule out overheating/dust issues, right?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/319701-bsod-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have an old Sony Vaio It was running slower and slower and eventually would not boot I was told the hard drive was dead A new larger hard drive was installed and about of my info was recovered The system kept freezing when I tried to do just about anything I downloaded all the files I wanted to CD's and decided I would use the after Boot Error system Disk recovery recovery discs and Boot Disk Error after system recovery start fresh Just like it was when it came from the store except with much Boot Disk Error after system recovery more memory I went from about g to g The sytem goes through all of the disks says that the recovery was successful remove disk three hit any key to boot Then I am back to square Boot disk failure I can't seem to get past this point to restart my PC I am not a tech rebuild type of person I can get to the BIOS but don't really understand what I am seeing From all that I have read I figure but could be dead wrong that is must be recongnizing my CD drive and my hard drive Otherwise how could system recovery be successful Can anyone point me in any direction Help is greatly appreciated

A:Boot Disk Error after system recovery

Hi deluxe! "I can get to the BIOS, but don't really understand what I am seeing."

According to your skill level, I can mention a few things but doubt if you'd be able to do them! I mean, can you clear your cmos and format your hard drive?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/boot-disk-error-after-system-recovery-339012.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi I have a -months old Windows Dell Inspiron Laptop with a traditional HDD drive and GB SSD drive I have never understood how they both work together Dell says that the GB SSD is used for storing the computer cache so that the RPM drive is used to store the less frequently used files I don't know if this might have something to do with my problem I spent two days without using my laptop Usually the battery lasts about a week with the lid closed but for some reason this time the battery was completely discharged when I tried to turn on the laptop I plugged the charger in waited some seconds then pressed the power button The Dell logo appeared and immediately after that a BSOD which disappeared so fast that I could not read the error After that the laptop was restarting in a loop of BSOD's I finally recorded the BSOD with a slow-mo camera and could read the error code CACHE MANAGER The first thing I attempted to do was to reinstall Windows The laptop doesn't have DVD drive but fortunately I have an official Dell Windows USB drive I plugged the USB pressed F right after pressing the power button and navigated through the Boot Options menu until I found the quot USB drive quot option The system appeared to boot using the USB drive with the message quot Loading files quot and a black progress bar which I have seen before when I have tried to reinstall Windows in other computers When the quot can't boot/reinstall BSOD code, with CACHE_MANAGER error Loading files quot progress bar finished loading the laptop re-booted and started again with the BSOD Loop If I press F again after BSOD with CACHE_MANAGER error code, can't boot/reinstall it reboots it starts the quot BSOD with CACHE_MANAGER error code, can't boot/reinstall Loading files quot process reboots and enters in the BSOD loop I have performed the Dell Hardware check from the BIOS options The computer passed correctly all the tests including the hard drive and RAM memory tests I have also tried to burn a Linux USB drive and boot up from there but the system can't seem to recognise that it's bootable quot No operating system found quot error However it's not the first time I have problems reading a bootable USB from UEFI so this shouldn't be related to the main problem I'm having The Windows USB drive however is bootable and the system boots on it correctly because the quot Loading files quot screen always appears in the pre-install process of Windows from a USB stick Thanks

A:BSOD with CACHE_MANAGER error code, can't boot/reinstall

The CACHE_MANAGER error occurs when, as the name implies, a problem occurs in your file system’s cache manager. File systems are, basically, how data is organized on your hard drive. If you’re using an older system, it’ll be using FAT32, but if you’re using a newer version of Windows, you’ll have NTFS. Cache is saved data that your computer thinks is going to be used again — so the next time it’s used, it loads faster.
This problem, however, can also stem from your RAM, or memory.
There’s actually two kinds of memory — volatile and nonvolatile. Volatile memory is RAM — which is used for, say, having multiple tabs open at once. Nonvolatile memory is on your hard drive — the cache — and is used for things that may or may not be reused later.
Test your RAM: RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Help Forums
one stick at a time eight passes per stick
Run Check disk and SFC.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/62653-bsod-cache_manager-error-code-cant-boot-reinstall.html
Relevancy 66.22%

When i turn on my PC after a shutdown it always runs the Pre assessment test and it is giving me this error message

Error Code 2000-0146

Battery has reached ends of it usable life and it notifies me to replace the battery, so i have removed battery and just running laptop with AC Power.

Although i am getting that error code while starting on the PC i am able to use my Laptop properly. If my HDD has problem how do i fix this or how long it will work before it stops working

DELL XPS- L501X
Current OS: Windows 8.1

A:Error Code 2000-0146 at system boot Dell XPS Laptop

Please go through this post at Dell, it may help

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/55764-error-code-2000-0146-system-boot-dell-xps-laptop.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello everyone,

I have recently encountered my first BSOD while playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 online multiplayer. I have been using this computer for more than 2 years and have not encountered any BSOD before. The only "significant" change I made was updating my video card and AMD Catalyst driver to 15.7 (can't remember the previous driver version).

All my PC specs are available in my profile.

As per your forum posting instructions, kindly find the attached file created by DM Log Collector.

Thank you.

Relevancy 66.22%

We have 3 HP 8570p elitebooks that continue to have bsods during normal non-intensive use. We have tried installing different drivers. We have run sfc /scannow and dcdiag which showed no errors. I have included the dump files.

A:Atikmpag.sys Bsod error 0x00000116

nwillia09 welcome to SevenForums

Update your graphic card driver for the Elitebook 8570p . That BSOD is a video card error 116

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294675-atikmpag-sys-bsod-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi I'm new to this forum and I'm asking for help

I'm getting BSOD and it is caused by the display driver . . and atikmpag.sys is the file that is causing the problem , I searched alot on the internet I tried many solutions but the problem is still appearing

This is my file as it is stated in the instructions and this is a picture of the BSOD .

Thank you

A:BSOD , error 0x00000116 - atikmpag.sys

Please dont format the text.

Uninstall the installed display driver using Display Driver Uninstaller. Then try to install the CCC 14.4 WHQL only.

Does it improve the situation, or it also causes the same BSOD and runs the computer with generic display only? Let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/374036-bsod-error-0x00000116-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey guys,

I finished building my PC yesterday and everything was going fine until it blue screened whilst playing CS:GO.. the game itself crashed and when i looked into my case my graphics card fans were off but the PC was still on and then the BSOD occured. Its happened a few times now and it could happen within 10 minutes or hours.. Ill post a gyazo of my build and a gyazo and details from 'BlueScreenView' so you can see whats happening i also downloaded the most recent graphics card driver so it wont be that!

BlueScreenView -

Gyazo - 005eaeb3cf50ae67d6a49e84af2b3390.png

My build -

Gyazo - 795b6a068e93b4f9b81013beb75e205f.png

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Relevancy 66.22%

My info:
x64
Original OS
OEM
~1 year old
Original system, but reformatted and mostly restored 6 months ago

A:BSOD while on YouTube, error 0x00000116

Quote: Originally Posted by Bubbayoshi

My info:
x64
Original OS
OEM
~1 year old
Original system, but reformatted and mostly restored 6 months ago

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/195397-bsod-while-youtube-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 66.22%

This occurs daily and can be 2 or 3 times every day. This can be whilst using Chrome or on FM15 or just while it is on and I am not at the computer. I unfortunately know next to nothing about PC's so I don't know how to solve this problem despite researching it.

I have previously had the error code 0x00000117 but this wasn't included in the minidump file

A:BSOD usually daily, error 0x00000116

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800a0ae010, fffff88002c06fd8, 0, 2}

Unable to load image atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+6fd8 )

---------

Code:
Timestamp: Thu Nov 11 07:46:24 2010 (4CDB51F8)
Uninstall the installed display driver using Display Driver Uninstaller. Then install the CCC 14.4 WHQL only.

Let us know for any further BSOD after doing it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/374421-bsod-usually-daily-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Almost identical issue here Issue has occurred quite a few times since building this machine with Nvidia GT Nvidia GTS individually and with both installed With various drivers ranging from - TDR BSOD Video 0x00000116 Error - Beta On Wed AM your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module nvlddmkm sys Bugcheck code x xFFFFFA A A E Video TDR Error - BSOD 0x00000116 xFFFFF Video TDR Error - BSOD 0x00000116 FF AA xFFFFFFFFC B xA Error VIDEO TDR ERROR Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system drivers nvlddmkm sys product NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version company NVIDIA Corporation description NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version On Tue PM your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module nvlddmkm sys Bugcheck code x x x x x Error Unknown Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system drivers nvlddmkm sys product NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version company NVIDIA Corporation description NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version On Mon AM your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module nvlddmkm sys Bugcheck code x xFFFFFA D E xFFFFF FF BA xFFFFFFFFC B xA Error VIDEO TDR ERROR Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system drivers nvlddmkm sys product NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version company NVIDIA Corporation description NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version Asus P TD Deluxe MoBo intel core i CPU gigs OCZ Three channel DDR

A:Video TDR Error - BSOD 0x00000116

Start with this troubleshooting guide for STOP 0x116 errors: http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...eshooting.html

More info on the STOP 0x116 error here: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x00000116

The STOP 0x333 bugcheck is suspected to be a manufacturer's custom bugcheck from nVidia and nothing is known about it (I have written to nVidia about it and received no reply). But it seems to be related to the STOP 0x116 and 0x117 Windows stop errors - so we can proceed with that troubleshooting from above.

If that doesn't fix things, please provide us with this info: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/video-tdr-error-bsod-0x00000116-469836.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello,
i have i huge problem,and i cant solve it alone. My problems started about two weeks ago, when my laptop's (dell studio 1558 (mid 2010)) screen one morning just was black i didn't even light up. So after a few days of checking i found that my hdd was dead so i replaced it reinstalled OS and everything was fine. Till now. Again in the morning i started my laptop and puff... the screen is black. So i attached another display and i saw BSOD that said atikmpag.sys error. And i only reached desktop through safe mode so i am in safe mode only now. I collected some logs for you with dmg log collector you said in another thread and added it to atachements. Please help i don't know what to do anymore.
Thank you.

A:BSOD at startup, error 0x00000116

Hiya and welcome to SevenForums!

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800787d180, fffff88003a0ccac, 0, 2}

Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+ccac )
The problem is caused by your graphics driver. Run Display Driver Uninstaller(DDU)
Make sure you tick the Uninstall C:/AMD and C:/NIVIDA folders while you are in DDU when you are done running DDU install your graphics driver again and you should be good to go! This is the guide for DDU: Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use

Remember to remove Catalyst and only install the graphics driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378545-bsod-startup-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi Im new to this forum and this whole bsod thing so dont judge me if I post something bad About the problem I started getting Stop Error x about a month ago I tried fixing it myself I did fix it for about a week using this method Step Download and install the latest ati graphic driver Step Then go to C Windows System Drivers and rename atikmdag sys to atikmdag sys old Step Go to ati directory usually in C ATI and find the file atikmdag sy Step Copy the file to your Desktop directory Step Open cmd exe by going to Start - gt type cmd in the search box and hit enter Step Change the directory to Desktop by typing chdir Desktop Step Then 0x00000116 BSOD Error Stop type EXPAND EXE atikmdag sy atikmdag sys Or expand -r atikmdag sy atikmdag sys Step When the expansion is complete copy the new atikmdag sys from your Desktop to C Windows System Drivers Step Restart your computer and the problem should be resolved After it stoped working for me I tried this and it also helped for some time Open regedit then - Navigate to - H KEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Control Graphics Drivers Right click on the open field and click on New BSOD Stop Error 0x00000116 DWORD bit Value Then name it TdrDelay - gt double click it - gt Set the value to Usually this error occurs on startup Im writing this from safe mode I think drivers are bad or video card needs replacement If I delete drivers laptop works in normal mode to I tried uninstalling installing new drivers but it doesnt seem to help More info in the attachment Hope I did it alright

A:BSOD Stop Error 0x00000116

Welcome.

Did you go through this thread? STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.3.9600.16384 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\YUSRA\Downloads\NAMAI-KOMPUTER-01_01_2015_191206_80\010115-28314-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available
************* Symbol Path validation summary **************
Response Time (ms) Location
Deferred SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.18409.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03463000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`036a6890
Debug session time: Thu Jan 1 20:48:22.581 2015 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:06.829
Loading Kernel Symbols

Press ctrl-c (cdb, kd, ntsd) or ctrl-break (windbg) to abort symbol loads that take too long.
Run !sym noisy before .reload to track down problems loading symbols.

Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800897f010, fffff8800466a848, 0, 2}

Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+b848 )

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800897f010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800466a848, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+b848
fffff880`0466a848 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) x86fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`03f8d9c8 fffff880`104f1134 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0897f010 fffff880`0466a848 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`03f8d9d0 fffff880`104f0e3e : fffff880`0466a848 fffffa80`0897f010 fffffa80`0810bc00 fffffa80`084f9010 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`03f8da10 fffff880`10598f13 : fffffa80`0897f010 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0810bc00 fffffa80`084f9010 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`03f8da40 fffff880`105c2cf1 : 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`00001da7 0... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/357019-bsod-stop-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi everyone! My pc has been crashing since 4 days due to this BSOD. I found it's a GPU error using some softwares, but i don't understand how to fix it. I have already installed the last drivers.
I don't know if it's related to this problem, but everyday when i left my pc in idle i find it stuck on a black screen and nothing works, so i have to restart. Can you please help me? Thank you

A:BSOD random GPU, error 0x00000116

Hi alex837.

Are you overclocking? As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings. Also set the BIOS to default, too. How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS)
Uninstall the installed display driver using Display Driver Uninstaller. Then install the CCC 14.4 WHQL only.

When done, Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark. Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Take a screenshot of the furmark window before closing it. Upload the screenshot for us. Also let us know if you have experienced any crash/BSOD and/or artifacts during the test.

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not. eXtreme Power Supply Calculator - The only power supply calculator trusted by PSU manufacturers and computer enthusiasts
Also let us know the wattage of the installed PSU.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800a1614e0, fffff88007290848, 0, 2}

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800a1614e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88007290848, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+b848
fffff880`07290848 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17336 (debuggers(dbg).150226-1500) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`020cd928 fffff880`074e3134 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0a1614e0 fffff880`07290848 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`020cd930 fffff880`074e2e3e : fffff880`07290848 fffffa80`0a1614e0 fffffa80`078807c0 fffffa80`089b7410 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`020cd970 fffff880`0758af13 : fffffa80`0a1614e0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`078807c0 fffffa80`089b7410 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`020cd9a0 fffff880`075b4cf1 : fffff8a0`ffffffff 00000000`000762fa 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`020cda80 fffff880`075862e1 : fffffa80`089b7410 fffffa80`0000000d 00000000`000762fa 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiCheckHwProgress+0x71
fffff880`020cdab0 fffff880`075b2ff6 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0abc5d50 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`089b7410 : dxgmms1!VidSchiScheduleCommandToRun+0x1e9
fffff880`020cdbc0 fffff800`03379b8a : 00000000`fffffc32 fffffa80`08ffcb50 fffffa80`06b5bb30 fffffa80`08ffcb50 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0xba
fffff880`020cdc00 fffff800`030cc8e6 : fffff880`030a5180 fffffa80`08ffcb50 fffff880`030b0040 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`020cdc40 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370365-bsod-random-gpu-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Before anyone reads this any further I need to first and foremost say I am very limited computer intelligent I game browse error BSOD only, 0x00000116 gaming during the internet and occasionally make BSOD during gaming only, error 0x00000116 use of my laptop for studying Bought my computer in Jan had BSOD during gaming only, error 0x00000116 some major issues with it a couple of months later TOSHIBA after days finally agreed with me it needed to be sent in and they sent me back a nice working unit again pretty sad after only months Well in November of after an update to some GPU drivers I started getting some screwy BSOD error Same one every time and increasingly infuriating each time System reinstall oh god redownloading everything was awful drivers uninstall reinstall and have sat reading other people's BSOD's that were similar or exactly the same I've had some success playing some games for a few hours thinking that a fix I tried worked but only to have it fail again later Not overclocking in fact I'm under clocking as it was one of the potential fixes I read I refuse to believe my GPU is fried after I sat and played ESO for hours perfectly no screen tearing or any abnormal screen glitches after some tweaking but eventually it comes back each time Seems odd to have it BSOD after working fine after a few days and then going back to crap I've tried running furmark and in all cases it runs slowly for a minute or two and BSOD comes up For anyone who replies to this xD please be patient and dumb down your instructions I am a very dense girl who just wants to play her beloved video games and frustrated Thanks in advance Hopefully I've filled everything out correctly and the attachment works ---------------------------------------------------- Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffa d e Parameter fffff fa e c Parameter ffffffff c a Parameter Caused By Driver dxgkrnl sys Caused By Address dxgkrnl sys d File Description DirectX Graphics Kernel Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe bc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time PM

A:BSOD during gaming only, error 0x00000116

Hi Classique.

Install the NVIDIA DRIVERS 314.22WHQL only.
Uninstall All nvidia items in Control Panel > Programs and features3D Vision Control Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
PhysX
nvidia Update
GeForce Experience
(Are you using nvidia chipset drivers? If so, dont uninstall anything other than those are listed).
Now follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Download 314.22 WHQL. While installing, Select Custom (Advanced) install. In the next page, follow this settings:
When the driver is applied. stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/328848-bsod-during-gaming-only-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 66.22%

That's pretty much it. I've started having BSOD after standby, probably 3 times now. My system specs are in my profile and the BSOD dump file zip is attached. The only change that I can find the day before the issue started is a Windows Update that was a definition update for Microsoft Security Essentials. Your helps is appreciated.

Cheers!

Possibly unrelated, long before this I had started having an issue with my usb keyboard and mouse crashing at the same time. Other USB (webcam and wireless ethernet) continue to work. It happened most frequently during game play or on video chat. Using different ports is of no use. Powering down the computer, unplugging the power source, holding the power button, and then plugging everything in and booting it up temporarily fixes the issue. (Currently trying to solve BSOD, so if this is not pertinent, please ignore and I will try to resolve it separately, thanks.)

A:BSOD after standby, error 0x00000116

Please post this: Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/276698-bsod-after-standby-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Sometimes I got several BSOD when using graphic related such as watching movie or opening Photoshop. And when it started, I can't boot to lockscreen and get a BSOD again. Sometimes it resolved when I do a system restore, but it can comeback again.
I have reinstalled Windows, reinstalled ATI driver, and updating NET Framework. But it still happen.

A:BSOD error 0x00000116, atikmpag.sys

Upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
We cannot say anything before checking this file.

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800ed64010, fffff88005346848, 0, 2}

---------

Code:
Timestamp: Fri Nov 21 07:38:54 2014 (546E9EB6)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373541-bsod-error-0x00000116-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 66.22%

When I leave my PC locked which I do very often I come back to see my PC has restarted This has been happening for maybe a couple of months now and I think this may have to do with NVIDIA Optimus Info from Event Viewer Code The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x xffffd e e a xfffff f a x x d A dump from error BSOD when 0x00000116 idle PC, was saved in C WINDOWS MEMORY BSOD when idle from PC, error 0x00000116 DMP Report Id b f - f - dd -a - d b I also noticed this happening quite a bit Code A BSOD when idle from PC, error 0x00000116 corrected hardware error has occurred Component PCI BSOD when idle from PC, error 0x00000116 Express Root Port Error Source Advanced Error Reporting PCI Express Bus Device Function x x C x Vendor ID Device ID x xA Class Code x The details view of this entry contains further information BlueScreenView Report Sorry about having to use a picture couldn't find a good way to copy the report System Specs ASUS GL VW-DH CPU Intel i - HQ clocked at GHZ turbo boost up to GHZ GPU Intel HD Graphics and NVIDIA GTX M GB VRAM NVIDIA Optimus RAM GB DDR SDRAM Storage TB RPM HDD Hitachi HGST HTS A E Mobo GL VW Thanks for any help

A:BSOD when idle from PC, error 0x00000116

BSOD Posting Instructions

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/59880-bsod-when-idle-pc-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Information from the user was that when the PC is idle and they went to wake to monitor up it would just restart. After looking into the PC found the error code and attached the Minidumps.

Any advice on this please.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: 85C0D510
BCP2: 918651B4
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

A:BSOD When PC is Idle, Error 0x00000116

Click on button below ....

It will download the DM log collector. Right click on the application and run as administrator. It will generate a .zip file on your desktop. Upload the .zip. Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/368423-bsod-when-pc-idle-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Here is the information needed with 1 dmp file. I was playing the game Natural Selection 2 when this happend.

The system is a fresh install with Windows 7 64bit Professional. Temperatures are pretty good everything is around 60degree while gaming and nothing is overclocked. Memtest did not found any problem with my memory sticks ran them over 20 passes / each stick. Tested OCCT for 5 hours straight and no crashes. Ive tried with a different graphic card which I know works but I still get bluescreens while playing games. Help please!

Ive done all steps at STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting still no luck. Ive tried different nvidia drivers but all of them gives me the same error.

I was going to test driver verififer but all drivers there was from microsoft so it cant be driver related.

A:BSOD playing error 0x00000116

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800a6c1010, fffff880051a5b10, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+993b10 )
Reinstall NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680:

Code:
Timestamp: Sat Dec 01 03:24:02 2012 (50B97852)
Download Latest Driver > Uninstall Current Driver > Reboot > Run Driver Sweeper > Reboot > Reinstall Driver

Code:
Usual causes: Video driver, overheating, bad video card, BIOS, Power to card
Driver Sweeper will scan for any left over files from the old driver, old driver files can cause conflicts with new driver installations. Create a System Restore point beforehand, in case any problems or issues arise.

Driver Sweeper:Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Driver Download Page:NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search

Follow these steps:STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
Overclocking -
I recommend if you are overclocking any hardware, that you reset these values within the BIOS to their default values in order to increase the stability of your system.

Please run the following tests for your graphics card and RAM:
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Run Memtest86+ for least 7-8 passes, and preferrly overnight as it can take a while to fully complete.

Test each RAM stick individually, if an error is found then move the same RAM stick into the next DIMM slot and test again, if errors are found for the same RAM stick in every available slot then you have a faulty RAM module. On the other hand, if no errors are found in the next slot or the other slots for the same RAM module, then you have a faulty DIMM slot.

Test each RAM stick and every motherboard DIMM slot available.

Graphics Card:Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Read all the steps within the hardware test tutorials very carefully, as stress tests is designed run components to their maximum capacity, in order to point out failing or faulty hardware components.

Use the following program to monitor your hardware temperatures during the stress test:CPUID HWMonitor
Hard Drive:Disk Check
CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
SeaTools for Windows | Seagate
Scan for corrupted or missing Windows files with:SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot
Check for any driver compatibility issues with:Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Download - Microsoft Windows
If you are using DirectX, then try uninstalling and then reinstalling the DirectX Runtime:How to download and install DirectX

Please post back your results

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/268369-bsod-playing-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I've been getting random BSOD for error BSOD 0x00000116 Random about weeks now while gaming multiple in Diablo a couple in Dragon Age Inquisition browsing firefox and Chrome usually while watching a Random BSOD error 0x00000116 stream on Twitch while watching videos in VLC and while the PC was was idle From what I've looked into it seems to be something to do with the video driver GPU GPU is a Gigabyte GTX GB current Driver is Here's the Random BSOD error 0x00000116 text from the Windows Error window Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Random BSOD error 0x00000116 Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA E E BCP FFFFF F BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Also checked the Event Viewer The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x xfffffa e e xfffff f xffffffffc a x A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id - - At this point I'm pretty much out of ideas on how to fix this Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:Random BSOD error 0x00000116

Code:
Host Name: KYSKE1-PC
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: Kyske1
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00006
Original Install Date: 1/26/2015, 4:19:36 AM
System Boot Time: 3/14/2015, 5:12:17 PM
Counterfeit installations such as yours contains heavily modified code that causes the installation to behave it unexpected ways. Analysing BSOD's and determining their causes on these sorts of installations is very unreliable.

My recommendation is to start with a clean slate, and install a genuine version of Windows. This will minimise the problems you are experiencing, and make subsequent diagnosis of BSOD's far more reliable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/364161-random-bsod-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello here i got the problem that my computer startet to get BSOD around a week before I started WOT and fell out of the game at the Login screen either with BSOD or mostly screen is getting white an a message with an error in AMD driver which has been restartet If i restart the game instant i will always get BSOD I currently WOT, BSOD by starting error 0x00000116 play no other D game but WOT Mostly this PC is used BSOD by starting WOT, error 0x00000116 for work System has just installed some Windows updates No other Install in these days Drivers BSOD by starting WOT, error 0x00000116 from AMD AMD Catalyst Omega Software I already cleaned out any drivers incl driver fusion and reinstalled the whole pack I tried the hint from years ago with extracting atikmpag sys manual and replace them ofcourse i took the Graphiccard several times out of this slot and pressed it in again today i got a new hint that was intresting to me with an openGL benchmark Furmark who did his job fine without crashing so what's the issue for this What can i do i hope i attached any usefull informations

A:BSOD by starting WOT, error 0x00000116

Hello and welcome to Sevenforums!

The problem is caused by your graphics driver. Run Display Driver Uninstaller(DDU)
Make sure you tick the Uninstall C:/AMD and C:/NIVIDA folders while you are in DDU when you are done running DDU install your graphics driver again and you should be good to go! This is the guide for DDU: Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling

Remember to remove Catalyst and only install the graphics driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/368541-bsod-starting-wot-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi, my laptop recently started restarting with the BSOD. I was updating windows and clicked on install on a browser extension for a game bp4free when the first crash and BSOD occurred. I tried the repair but it didnt work. Tried re-installing to a restore point and even to factory state with no success. It tells me it my graphic card. I have ATI MOBILITY RADEON 5850. I cant log into windows unless i enable it. Ive also tried uninstalling/reinstalling drivers with no avail. Am i gonna have to buy another graphic card?

This is stop code its giving me:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA80065FB4E0
BCP2: FFFFF88004E5EF50
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
Thank in advance for any help

A:BSOD error 0x00000116 atikmdag.sys How can i fix this

This might be of help good luck! http://nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/230466-bsod-error-0x00000116-atikmdag-sys-how-can-i-fix.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I did a Fsctory Reset on what was Vista Home Premium (sp) 2 and would like to know if there is any way possible to retrieve images or docs. Also the spacks are not supported anymore so almost anything requires sp1. I do not have disc for Vista and am now SO SORRY I DID THAT. I tried a tool online and it displayed all my images and files but wanted  money , of course. But I can not afford any of that right now.  Any suggestions at all????  I appreciate any help. Thanks!!!

A:Factory Reset ; System Recovery

On the Downloads tab above, find Recuva and try to use that to recover your files.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536914/factory-reset-;-system-recovery/
Relevancy 65.36%

everytime i installed the drivers for my 980 it gets stuck in a rebooting loop. when i boot into safe mode i get the message that i had a bsod. is this a dead card ?

thanks in advance

A:Bsod on boot new gpu (screen black so cannot give the error code)

Quote: Originally Posted by jord1990

everytime i installed the drivers for my 980 it gets stuck in a rebooting loop. when i boot into safe mode i get the message that i had a bsod. is this a dead card ?

thanks in advance

Try other driver versions too, from Drivers | GeForce Attachment 360713
If the result is the same, change the card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371213-bsod-boot-new-gpu-screen-black-so-cannot-give-error-code.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi all! I have a Cambrio W101 V2 RCA 10 inch tablet. After installing webcam drivers from RCA customer service, a few reboots later I recieved a BSOD that included the message "Press Windows key for UEFI Firmware settings." And also, File:\EF\Microsoft\Boot\BCD Error Code 0xc0000034. I got this tablet from a friend and do not have any kind of installation media, and neither does the friend who gave the tablet to me. What options do I have? Can I download the installation files to a flash drive from Microsoft? Thanks in advance to any replies! Look forward to hearing from you guys/gals!

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/69006-bsod-error-code-0xc0000034-file-ef-microsoft-boot-bcd.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello, I'm having troubles with my laptop. I have a GT70-0nd gaming laptop from MSI. About a year ago the laptop started blue screening during any intensive task, and even some not as intensive. It would blue screen while watching twitch.tv streams as well as playing any game (I play mostly league of legends, counter strike, and h1z1.)
Just recently I reformatted my computer in hopes that it could fix the problem, which has not solved anything. I'm sure some of the drivers are out of date but I am not sure as to which ones or where to get the correct drivers for the laptop.

Thank you for your help.

A:BSOD while playing any game, error 0x00000116

Have you faced any further issue to the other computer? If not, you may mark that as solved now.

Now, stop 0x116 is a display related issue, and as it is occurring irrespective of the display driver installed, we should pay attention to the hardware environment.

Uninstall the installed display driver using Display Driver Uninstaller. Then install the 350.12 WHQL back. When done, Stress test the Graphics Card (not the Intel HD Graphics) using Furmark. Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Take a screenshot of the furmark window before closing it. Upload the screenshot for us. Also let us know if you have experienced any crash/BSOD and/or artifacts during the test.

If it is overclocked, revert the hardware back to default settings.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy.

Let us know the results.

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800ab54010, fffff880063dcb2c, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+8f0b2c )

---------
Timestamp: Fri Aug 30 03:09:12 2013 (521FBF80)

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa80166e7170, fffff880061b4a08, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+7aca08 )

---------
Timestamp: Thu Apr 09 02:02:37 2015 (55259065)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/368665-bsod-while-playing-any-game-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello I'm running Windows Home Premium -bit on 0x00000116 BSOD times - error random at an HP BSOD at random times - error 0x00000116 desktop purchased in January from a retail store The OS came pre-installed on the machine and I have never re-installed it I had been getting a BSOD maybe once a month for about a year Now I've been getting a BSOD maybe once a week They occur at random times so I can't point to one activity that is causing them Blue Screen View says the most recent x error was caused by dxgkrnl sys I recently updated the driver for my ATI Radeon HD Series card It seems like every time I've had a BSOD it's had something to do with my graphics card but I'm not tech savvy enough to be able figure out if that's the case I should point out that I just updated DirectX and ran the OCCT GPU stress test and got no errors I also ran the Memtest overnight for seven passes and got no errors I think I've attached the necessary zip file but please let me know if I missed something Thanks in advance for any help

A:BSOD at random times - error 0x00000116

You are getting a TDR Error blue screen crash.

Quote: Originally Posted by H2SO4

These are all stop 0x116 VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE conditions.

It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception.

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash. As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds. If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating. Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU. Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference. If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

The above quote was taken from http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tml#post280172, which is linked to in usasma's thread about this error. Closely follow the first three posts of usasma's thread outlining STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting and proceed through each step. Let us know if you need further help.
You should also make sure AMD Vision Engine Control Center is not overclocking your graphics card without your knowledge.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/231249-bsod-random-times-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi all I'm having this trouble to boot up my laptop ACER Aspire Background Information My laptop has been shutting down automatically before this problem occurs and I brought shuts BSOD 0x00000116 auto down, error it to an IT technician to have it checked because I thought it was just my heatsink clogged up causing my laptop to overheat easily After the technician have a look at it he told me that my motherboard's screw were loose BSOD auto shuts down, error 0x00000116 and are unable to screw it back to the usual form Something along this line He did clean up my heatsink and re-apply thermal paste for me After a few use of my 'newly' repaired laptop my laptop auto shuts down again And this time round it failed BSOD auto shuts down, error 0x00000116 to boot up normally I was stuck at the black screen before the windows appear to choose safe mode safe mode with networking or normal mode I choose to run the laptop in normal mode and this is BSOD auto shuts down, error 0x00000116 when I saw the blue screen It only appeared for around - seconds before it auto restarts again I looked through the Internet and managed to keep the blue screen from disappearing and noted down the error code I hope the community here can shed some light on this Problem Blue Screen Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows update you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software disable BIOS memory option such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your laptop and press f to select advanced startup options and then select safe mode Technical information STOP x xFFFFFA XFFFFF CFC X X atikmpag - Adress FFFFF CFC base at FFFFF CA date stamp B A A Collecting data for crash dump Initializing disk for crash dump Beginning dump of physical memory Dumping physical memory to disk Physical memory dump complete Contact your system admin or technical support group for further assistance P S I am no computer wizard or genius so please try and explain to me on how can I solve this in the simplest form as possible Thank you in advance Tried to post on social technet but no one seems to know the solution to this

A:BSOD auto shuts down, error 0x00000116

We need the actual crash reports. Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with the reports.

It appears you may not be able to log in to do so. In that case, you should proceed with the steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot. Report back the results of each task and we may provide additional troubleshooting based on the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240636-bsod-auto-shuts-down-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Since this thread is hanging on both the BDoS relevance and hardware software graphics cards sections I have been trying to decide where I should post it I've eventually decided to post it in the BDoS section If users or staff should find this topic inappropriate in this location I'd have it corrected immediately I have been getting blue screens related to my video card for quite a while now both when playing a game or simply BSOD 0x00000116 or games error playing otherwise, sitting idle There are certain things that trigger a bluescreen or a driver failure i e opening MP files starting BSOD playing games or otherwise, error 0x00000116 applications that use DX or OpenGL such as games ect My graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD with MB GDDR memory By default my core clock is running a maximum of MHz and my memory clock is running a maximum MHz I've experienced more system stability and have actually been able to run The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim smoothly by declocking both clocks down by a MHz MHz Mhz for multiple hours but am still experiencing issues and occasional blue screens from session to session some sessions seem more stable than others The power supply to the processor is set by default to a minimum of MHz and a maximum of MHz My graphics card drivers are run by Catalyst Control Center of which the driver packet version is registered as - a- C-ATI My Direct D versions is and my OpenGL version is So far digging across various forums and websites I have discovered that a large group of people using the MSI AMD ATI Radeon HD xxx and xxx series in their systems have been experiencing major driver malfunction following the last updates Despite the seemingly large group of people having a similar or set of problems I'm having difficulty finding specific issues relating to the AMD Radeon HD though most Radeon cards share the same drivers or driver packets So far I've done tried the following things I've ruled out that it is a hardware issue as running the card on another computer has yielded no problems whatsoever I've also tried running a different graphics card in my system and the same problems persisted I've also ruled out heating being a possible cause as the graphics card remains within normal heat parameters even while running demanding applications I've completely cleaned out the heatsink and applied new thermal paste I've been running my current system configuration for quite a while so I wouldn't consider bad system alchemy to be the cause I've also been unable to find any conflicts All my system memory cards have yielded no anomaly's Completely reinstalled Windows on a new seagate harddrive and the same issues persisted running the same drivers there are no alternative drivers I've tested and ran a variation of under overclock profiles and settings some variations providing more stability than others but the problems still persisted Though given less frequently with certain settings I've also done a clean install of the driver's software I rolled back as far as v series but that seemed to have cause more stability issues I've been unable to determine if voltage fluctuations or sensor anomaly's have a possible roll on the problem I'm hoping this thread will yield new insight for me and others that could have the same issue or further assistance from people with more knowledge and or experience on the matter I've attached a picture of the actual bluescreen though it is of poor quality I've also included the requested information in the zip folder

A:BSOD playing games or otherwise, error 0x00000116

Hi LemonPower.

Are you overclocking? As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.

Let us know the results.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8003d6a390, fffff88002c0bd88, 0, 2}

Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+bd88 )

---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8003d6a390, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88002c0bd88, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+bd88
fffff880`02c0bd88 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0239e9c8 fffff880`0408e140 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`03d6a390 fffff880`02c0bd88 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0239e9d0 fffff880`0408de4a : fffff880`02c0bd88 fffffa80`03d6a390 fffffa80`04726520 fffffa80`0971a410 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`0239ea10 fffff880`04134f13 : fffffa80`03d6a390 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`04726520 fffffa80`0971a410 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`0239ea40 fffff880`0415ecf1 : 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`0021d793 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`0239eb20 fffff880`0415d437 : 00000000`00000102 00000000`00000003 00000000`0021d793 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiCheckHwProgress+0x71
fffff880`0239eb50 fffff880`041302d2 : ffffffff`ff676980 fffffa80`0971a410 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWaitForSchedulerEvents+0x1fb
fffff880`0239ebf0 fffff880`0415cff6 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`06712b40 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`0971a410 : dxgmms1!VidSchiScheduleCommandToRun+0x1da
fffff880`0239ed00 fffff800`02f262ea : 00000000`fffffc32 fffffa80`07d41b50 fffffa80`039d3040 fffffa80`07d41b50 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0xba
fffff880`0239ed40 fffff800`02c7a8e6 : fffff880`02fd3180 fffffa80`07d41b50 fffff880`02fddfc0 fffff880`0239ee40 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`0239ed80 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 0000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/318663-bsod-playing-games-otherwise-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Recently started playing Mass Effect 2 it was working fine for the first 30 mins. But when he wakes up and picks up his weapon the screen turns off and its becomes unresponsive and the speakers produce a high pitched sound and sometimes the GPU fan sound like it going at 100%.

This also happens when I play GTA 4 and sometimes it happens when playing Skyrim.

A:BSOD playing games, error 0x00000116

Hi.

If this only happens when playing Mass Effect 2 then this may be a game bug.

Though is always good idea to check your hardware.

Download and install the Driver Sweeper.

Download the most recent software\driver for your NVIDIA .

Uninstall nvidia software\driver,restart in safe mode,run driver sweeper,choose only NVIDIA-Display and clean,restart in normal mode.

Install the new nvidia software\driver,restart.

Update DirectX .
Run the nvidia-video-card-test post here the results.

Run RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Let it run until at least 9 passes are completed, or errors are found (whichever comes first). The longer you run it, the better.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/210601-bsod-playing-games-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Yeah it's been doing it every once in a while, usually after a few hours of continuous playing , games it's done it on so far are; Witcher 2 and GTAV. I have a feeling it's either the GPU itself or the beta driver I'm using, but I want to be sure first.

thanks in advance for the help.

Relevancy 65.36%

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x xfffffa b BSOD error playing 0x00000116 FFXIV, a e xfffff aca x x A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id - - I've only experienced a BSOD while playing FFXIV I've played far more taxing games on my computer with no crashes or other irregularities It can happen after only ten minutes of playtime for this specific game or I could go hours with no issue I've updated all drivers checked the temperature of my components while playing and none of them are approaching critical temperatures Ive checked my hard drive despite it being less than a year old like the rest of the PC and found no errors I'm really at a loss here I'd very much like to play this game but I don't want to damage my computer with the relatively frequent BSOD's it causes BSOD playing FFXIV, error 0x00000116 Any insight to my problem would be most welcome Thank you for your time

A:BSOD playing FFXIV, error 0x00000116

Quote: Originally Posted by Thorin24AWM

I've only experienced a BSOD while playing FFXIV.

It happens. FF games cause BSODs on their own. But before saying that, we need to check the situation in detail, and for the purpose the data you uploaded is not enough.

Click on button below ....

It will download the DM log collector. Right click on the application and run as administrator. It will generate a .zip file on your desktop. Upload the .zip.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/365958-bsod-playing-ffxiv-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello Before I start I dont want you to think im insulting you by not reading around first Im reading up on your x troubleshooting thread in the sub forum and im going to start working my way through it I've just been having some odd problems that have started cropping up since these BSODs did These problems started occurring recently within the last week playing Star Wars The Old Republic I haven't changed any computer settings since I built the thing last October and it has been running a treat until now The crashes themselves are strange I do not get a blue screen the display simply fades to black playing error 0x00000116 SWTOR, BSOD while music continues to play in the BSOD playing SWTOR, error 0x00000116 background It then either attempts to reboot or freezes the music turns to bzzzzt At first I thought nothing of it but the frequency increased BSOD playing SWTOR, error 0x00000116 so I started looking around and saw there was a thread on the games forums about similar problems and talking about a directx corruption I saw through WhoCrashed that one of my X was related to dx Another odd observation is that performing a repair through the games repair tool seems to solve the problem for a day or Anyway since then I stopped using the game for fear of damaging the card but I think the damage may already have been done Sometimes on booting the system the VGA Warning LED on the motherboard comes on and I get a BIOS beep code which according to the manual means there is no VGA detected If I turn the computer off from the mains and then reboot sometime later there is no such issue though the card appears to be under high load when starting now Currently idling and browsing like this I do not crash I know I should test with another game benchtests but with the card appearing to become increasingly unstable and failing its POST think its called that sometimes I'm a little worried to push it As for temps I play with a monitor open and in windowed mode so I can keep an eye on things and the crash has happened at near idle temps of degrees and the max I can achieve with that game of degrees Overclocking wise everything is as it arrived out the box The matrix is factory overclocked to some level I believe and I think theres some BIOS setting that auto overclocks the CPU based on demand but ill go make sure these are off Windows Is - x - Reinstalled once since initial after a secureerase - OEM - Hardware is Less than months - Current OS installation is months old Thanks very much for your time G

A:BSOD playing SWTOR, error 0x00000116

Continue with the STOP 0x116 troubleshooting guide.

Then do these free diagnostics: Hardware Diags
In particular, run the MemTest, then all the Video tests, then run Prime95
Post back with the results and we'll move on from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/209154-bsod-playing-swtor-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 65.36%

i use Samsung Np530u4c-s01tr ultrabook
there is nvidia gt620m gpu in it.i couldnt fix it.and i want to learn is it phsycally broken or there is a software problem

it looks like these

A:BSOD using external GPU, error 0x00000116 nvlddmkm.sys

Upload a .dmp file:

%SystemRoot%/Minidump

You can substitute the %SystemRoot% for C:\Windows\ or what partition Windows is installed on.

Make sure Windows is configured to save .dmp files:Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Follow these steps:STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
Overclocking -
I recommend if you are overclocking any hardware, that you reset these values within the BIOS to their default values in order to increase the stability of your system.

Please run the following tests for your graphics card and RAM:
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Run Memtest86+ for least 7-8 passes, and preferrly overnight as it can take a while to fully complete.

Test each RAM stick individually, if an error is found then move the same RAM stick into the next DIMM slot and test again, if errors are found for the same RAM stick in every available slot then you have a faulty RAM module. On the other hand, if no errors are found in the next slot or the other slots for the same RAM module, then you have a faulty DIMM slot.

Test each RAM stick and every motherboard DIMM slot available.

Graphics Card:Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Read all the steps within the hardware test tutorials very carefully, as stress tests is designed run components to their maximum capacity, in order to point out failing or faulty hardware components.

Use the following program to monitor your hardware temperatures during the stress test:CPUID HWMonitor
Hard Drive:Disk Check
CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
SeaTools for Windows | Seagate
Scan for corrupted or missing Windows files with:SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot
Please check for the latest driver updates for your graphics card on the manufacturer's website, and check for any driver compatibility issues with:Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Download - Microsoft Windows
If you are using DirectX, then try uninstalling and then reinstalling the DirectX Runtime:How to download and install DirectX

Please post back your results

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/266794-bsod-using-external-gpu-error-0x00000116-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,

I had the BSOD 0x116 a few months ago, but I was able to fix it by updating old drivers. It appeared again today, but after I had a bunch of 0x9F errors. I am unsure as to what/where my problem is. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Yoshi

A:BSOD playing WoW, error 0x0000009F and 0x00000116

Hello and welcome Yoshi mate there areseveral refs to a Graphics Driver issue now I would suggest at least update thegraphics driver and see what happens this is the GeForce driver and you could even try the auto detect button down beneath that ref just to see which of the graphics you are using
Drivers | GeForce

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/350798-bsod-playing-wow-error-0x0000009f-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 65.36%

While playing games (NBA 2k13, Minecraft, FIFA 13) I get a BSOD around 10 minutes in. My screen goes black and I have to reboot my PC. When I check what the cause is, the name "dxgkrnl.sys" comes up.

Attachment 274132

A:BSOD while playing games, error 0x00000116

I think I fixed it. I've been playing Minecraft for 2 hours now and no Blue Screen yet. All I did was downgrade my graphics card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/295330-bsod-while-playing-games-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 65.36%

[EDIT]
OK, working to fix my initial post... in the mean time, my computer didn't make it 1 second with FurMark... immediate BSOD.

system specs:

Vista home 32, installed by Dell

Purchased in Sept. 2008
Dell XPS630 with latest BIOS (installed 20 min ago)
2x NVIDIA G92 9800GT
PhysiX accelerator card
2x Hard Drive, 500G, S2, 7.2K, 16M Unleaded, Seagate-GL
Display, Flat Panel Display, 24W2408,
4x Dual In-line Memory Module 1GB, 800, 128X64, 8, 240, 1RX8
Processor, Q6600, 2.4, 8MB, Core Duo Kentsfield, G0

Thank you greatly for any help/suggestions!
[EDIT]

A:BSOD Error 0x00000116, graphics issues...

Welcome
You had what is called a BSOD, a blue screen of Death.
Follow these instructions
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
If you are giving us the correct information and it agrees with the dump report, this is probably what you would get
http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...eshooting.html

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/285353-bsod-error-0x00000116-graphics-issues.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello I'm Hugo and I got a new PC i got this error for the first time like one week after i got the pc I fixed it and i've been able to play for one or two weeks then bsod again I fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling nvidia drivers i tryied games 0x00000116) (error every playing BSOD and is the driver i got with my graphic card Gigabyte GTX GB i played with the on the first week and i reinstalled it after i fixed the first time i had the bsod Today i'm back from one week of hollidays and i would like to be able to use my computer again Before i was able to play like min BSOD playing every games (error 0x00000116) it sometimes crashed on the loading screen of a map but not always and sometimes like - hours Now once the loading of the map is over i have a bsod I don't have the error written on my screen i have a colored screen then a reboot on the desktop windows says to me that i had a bsod The games i am playing are Counter Strike Global Offensive Battlefield Dirty Bomb it only crash when i am on the map playing I tryied to use photoshop hours ago and I got a bsod too That's really rare but sometimes it crash on google chrome i think it happened like times i don't have the minidump i reinstalled windows I tryied to -Use DDU to do a clean install i used an unbelivable amount of tutorials on internet -Install drivers with and without extra drivers like HD audio d vision etc -Install Windows again -After every install of drivers I used Furmark Sometimes it is crashing like sec after launching sometimes right after initialisation I knew bsod were 'gone' for the nd time when Furmark run during an entire night like hours and i've been able to play days without bsod -use the trick with cmd quot expand exe nvlddmkm sy nvlddmkm sys quot still have bsod -Change Alimentation mode to performance still have bsod -Reset my bios with unplugging the battery of my motherboard then plug it back -Install all the drivers of my motherboard and additionnal msi amp intel program i played weeks without but why not I think my card isn't broken because i've been able to play with it and never had any trouble before the first bsod I had bsod for the second time when i added HDD GB and GB in my computer i had windows error like quot there is trouble with your disk save your data etc quot i think one of the disk had trouble that's why it was not used but i removed the HDD i added and no more error but bsod were still here My GPU is not overheating - C in idle C max in furmark while doing the stress test x windowed for hours Like - while playing csgo and - while playing bf I did a memtest for the memory no error I'm sorry for my bad english i'm french and i'm tired so i try to do my best I hope you'll be able to help me EDIT I had a bsod right after i posted this thread

A:BSOD playing every games (error 0x00000116)

Hiya and welcome to SevenForums!

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa8006f70010, fffff880050382dc, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+79c2dc )
Make sure you tick the Uninstall C:/AMD and C:/NIVIDA folders while you are in DDU when you are done running DDU install your graphics driver again and you should be good to go! This is the guide for DDU: Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/377996-bsod-playing-every-games-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi there i have a serious problem with my new computer when i play games like Skyrim my computer crashes after like - minutes game freezes then sound freezes then he reboots here my computer secs Computer Betriebssystem Windows Ultimate Media Center Edition OS Service Pack - DirectX DirectX c Motherboard CPU Typ x MHz Motherboard Name BSOD Skyrim, 0x00000116 playing error Unbekannt Motherboard Chipsatz Unbekannt Arbeitsspeicher MB BIOS Typ Unbekannt Anschl sse COM und LPT Communications Port COM Anzeige Grafikkarte GeForce GTX Grafikkarte GeForce GTX here is my dumpfile of the crash Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String Bug Check BSOD playing Skyrim, error 0x00000116 Code x Parameter fffffa d a e Parameter fffff f c d Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver dxgkrnl sys Caused By Address dxgkrnl sys d File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size my drivers are up to date nvidia amp directx can anyone help me please

A:BSOD playing Skyrim, error 0x00000116

Before posting a BSOD thread, please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

If you need to add new information like the dump files, please make a new post in your initial BSOD thread. Please do not make an extra new thread.

Here's the troubleshooting guide for STOP 0x116 errors (like you are having): STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239878-bsod-playing-skyrim-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey guys hoping you can help me with this one I've been googling the past couple of days and have found several people having Reloaded, playing BSOD APB: 0x00000116 error this problem but with no conclusive fix Basically I've just started playing APB Reloaded via Steam and every BSOD playing APB: Reloaded, error 0x00000116 time I play it I get no further than say minutes before it freezes the sound freaks out and starts making a weird looping sequences of buzzes and the graphics on-screen get replacedeither by weird red blue blobs or just simply go green It does not respond to CTRL ALT DEL or any other button presses and I have to power cycle the machine Windows will then tell me that it has just recovered from a blue screen upon logging back in According to BlueScreenView the errors are usually caused by dxgkrnl sys dxgmms sys or nvlddmkm sys I've attempted to debug this myself but I can't seem to get the symbols right so it doesn't output properly I was wondering if one of you kind gentleman could have a look at it for me and suggest a fix I have tried the following in an attempt to fix it - Updated BIOS - Updated graphics amp audio drivers - reinstalled DirectX But no good System Specs Windows Home Premium SP x Retail ASUS P QL-CM motherboard Intel Core Quad GHz Q GB DDR RAM TB Samsung SATA HDD NVIDIA Geforce GTS GB graphics card No overclocking or any other sort of modification has been done I've had the PC in this state with no changes made since November Many thanks in advance

A:BSOD playing APB: Reloaded, error 0x00000116

Hi.

Update the Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility (a known BSOD maker in Win7). Also a part of the Asus PCProbe and AISuite Utilities

Download and install Driver Sweeper

Download the most recent software\driver for your NVIDIA

Uninstall nvidia software\driver,restart in safe mode,run driver sweeper,choose only NVIDIA-Display and clean,restart in normal mode.

Install the new ati software\driver,restart.

Update DirectX
Run the nvidia-video-card-test post here the results.

Update all these old software\drivers.

Code:
lirsgt.sys fffff880`0a79b000 fffff880`0a7a8000 0x0000d000 0x404a2c1d 06-Mar-04 9:53:01 μμ
Afc.sys fffff880`0fff7000 fffff880`10000000 0x00009000 0x44b48d24 12-Jul-06 7:48:20 πμ
lmimirr.sys fffff880`06ce0000 fffff880`06ce7000 0x00007000 0x461c108d 11-Apr-07 12:32:45 πμ
RaInfo.sys fffff880`0a7a8000 fffff880`0a7af000 0x00007000 0x477e818a 04-Jan-08 8:57:14 μμ
VMNetSrv.sys fffff880`06cbb000 fffff880`06cd0000 0x00015000 0x478defe1 16-Jan-08 1:52:01 μμ
LMIRfsDriver.sys fffff880`0a7af000 fffff880`0a7c2000 0x00013000 0x487b7e50 14-Jul-08 6:26:56 μμ
atksgt.sys fffff880`0a743000 fffff880`0a792000 0x0004f000 0x48fc384e 20-Oct-08 9:50:38 πμ
UltraMonUtility.sys fffff880`0a6c3000 fffff880`0a6cc000 0x00009000 0x491cd006 14-Nov-08 3:10:30 πμ
sncduvc.SYS fffff880`023a6000 fffff880`023aea80 0x00008a80 0x495894f2 29-Dec-08 11:14:26 πμ
vmm.sys fffff880`040b0000 fffff880`040fd000 0x0004d000 0x49db5462 07-Apr-09 3:25:54 μμ
GEARAspiWDM.sys fffff880`06cae000 fffff880`06cbb000 0x0000d000 0x4a1151c0 18-May-09 2:17:04 μμ
How to find and update software\drivers? Read HERE.
Finish and post back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/202032-bsod-playing-apb-reloaded-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Computer works well on safe mode.
information in links:

A:BSOD every few hours, especially during games error 0x00000116

It has been going on for about 5 months

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/364837-bsod-every-few-hours-especially-during-games-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi all, recently I tried to update my graphics driver by installing the Catalyst 16.2.1 drivers. But it BSOD while installing the video drivers part. Restarting the laptop also causes that. I tried installing the manufacturer's driver package but the same thing occurred. atikmpag.sys seems to be the cause of it. I've attached the log dump using the dm log collector.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/400341-bsod-while-updating-amd-drivers-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I tried reinstall graphic driver but it didn`t help

there is some screenshots form bluescreenview
https://scr.hu/451anq
https://scr.hu/dJKB7W

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/395396-bsod-playing-rocketleague-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 65.36%

When I wake my computer from sleep I encounter BSOD. The phenomenon has been occurring for quite some time now. I purchased a new video card (the nVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti) after which the BSOD kept on happening. The video card is driving two HP screens. I have tried un-installing all video drivers, reinstalling, keeping up-to-date all drivers, but this still happens. It's driving me bonkers! I have uploaded files with the details. Please share your thoughts. Thanks in advance for assistance.

A:BSOD on wake from sleep, error 0x00000116

Hey and welcome to SevenForums!

Code:

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800a5dc4e0, fffff880050442dc, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+79c2dc )
Hmm, run Display Driver Uninstaller(DDU)
Make sure you tick the Uninstall C:/AMD and C:/NIVIDA folders while you are in DDU when you are done running DDU install your graphics driver again. This is the guide for DDU: Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use

I know you've done it multiple times but run this and if it dosen't work it might be 2 other stuff.

EDIT: If it BSODs again then run Furmark, if it BSODs in Furmark then the graphics card is failing, if it passes look up if the graphics card is compatible with your computer. Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371737-bsod-wake-sleep-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey guru's,

Some 235 days ago you helped me out, and everything have been well - until some weeks ago, when my pc began to act up again.

It randomly goes into BSOD.

It often happens within the first 20 mins of turning it on. I then have to restart it a couple of times (sometimes a LOT of times) before it finally start to work normal.
It does happen after longer periods, but that is very rare.

It happens at all times, when browsing, watching tv, playing games etc... No logic.

I have uploaded the dump, turned on dump collection and updated my system specs.

Hope you are able to help me again! :-)

A:BSOD Returned - At all times, error 0x00000116

Welcome back after 235 days!

So these are the results from your 5 BSOD's.

Code:
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+1575c8 )

Code:
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+91951c )

Code:

Code:

Code:
As we can see your Graphics driver is causing all of these:

Code:
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)

Code:
GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

Code:
Driver Version: 9.18.13.4411

Please update and see if your problem persists: NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce 344.11 Driver WHQL

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/346461-bsod-returned-all-times-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello world!
I have a delima that seems to be software related.

My system is a Gigabyte MB p61-usb3-b3, bios f11,
i7-2600, 8GB memory, Windows 7x64, 460w PS,

The motherboard has a PCI-Express riser card that supports 1) expansion USB and PS2 ports and 1) Nvidia NVS 450 PCI-Express video card.

I recently did a BIOS update to version F11 of the MB, and my previous Driver from Nvidia, 296.88, failed-BSOD 0x0116. I ran safemode and uninstalled eveything NVIDIA, reinstalled newest Nvidia and I get a BSOD after about 10 minutes after logging into windows, 0x07e.
The NVS is plugged into 3 monitors.
The Driver being used is WDMM 1.1, which epically fails.

A:BSOD on NVLDDMKM.SYS ;Nvidia 320.78 ;NVS 450 ; error 0x00000116, 7E

And your question is ?

You can follow the posting procedure, it will help us help you .
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/302818-bsod-nvlddmkm-sys-nvidia-320-78-nvs-450-error-0x00000116-7e.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello! I have just started playing diablo 3 again on a new computer i just built myself (about two months ago) and the past couple days during long play sessions i have been getting a computer crash, in which the computer fans all get SUPER loud and the computer shuts off and restarts, i checked in on whats happening and found out it was a bluescreen, error 0x00000116, Caused by Driver:dxgkrnl.sys. the temps are all fine, my case has ALOT of cooling. This has only happened when playing diablo 3. I can play World Of Warcraft, League Of Legends, and every other game without it crashing. Any help would be much appreciated!

A:BSOD when playing diablo 3, error 0x00000116

The problem seems to be occuring more often now. and several times when it rebooted onto desktop it crashed again with a blue screen error.

EDIT: i did a clean reformat of windows 7, and i have already got 3 blue screen errors. I have no idea what the cause could be. I ran FurMark, and i ran prime95 for about 8 hours earlier today (before reformat) and no crash, but now they are happening often and randomly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/327840-bsod-when-playing-diablo-3-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Sometimes when I am watching videos on YouTube, the video will stop playing and error message will pop up which reads:
"Driver stopped responding and has recovered
Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

If I try to reload the video after this, the computer will immediately blue screen.

A:BSOD while watching YouTube, error 0x00000116

Run Display Driver Uninstaller(DDU)
When you are done running DDU install your graphics driver again and you should be good to go! This is the guide for DDU: Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/362667-bsod-while-watching-youtube-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 65.36%

*Computer is 10-11 years old (Yes I did take care of the dust)
*Started to play a game and it crashed, and it has been giving me these errors ever since
*Please tell me anything that you may want to know and what I must install to get you this information to help me
*I am in safemode, sometimes I can get on the regular version but most of the time I crash and the computer restarts!

A:Windows 7 BSOD Error: 0x00000124 and 0x00000116

Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Do you see any dmp logs from the folder?  If yes, then read the instruction of the second paragraph below.If not, configure small memory dump debugging information under startup and recovery.> Right-click My Computer and choose Properties.> Go to Advanced System Settings - Advance Tab.> Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings...> Look for 'write debugging information' and use Kernel memory dump> Checkmark overwrite any existing fileIf there are latest created minidumps under C:\Windows\Minidump folder, please post the latest dmp logs (atleast 5) by :> Highlight (holding ctrl key) and choosing the dmp logs by hitting enter or left mouse click.> Right-click and choose send to desktop.> When on desktop, highlight all dmp logs and right-click and send to compressed zipped folder.> Upload and share the link by registering here https://www.box.com/* minidumps log sample 010613 - 16676 -01.dmp -> 01 is for month - 06 for day - 13 is for year. Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post. Download MiniToolBox and run the program. SelectList Last 10 Event Viewers, List Installed Programs and List Users, Partitions and Memory Size then click Go.A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513485/windows-7-bsod-error-0x00000124-and-0x00000116/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey everyone Long time since I've posted here I started noticing hard locks with my graphics card classified since updating to two days after installing Battlefield The dump file is showing that dxgkrnl sys is the problem I've tried xx Instant hard locks I'm thinking maybe the directx that bf installed is causing this Here's the zip from SF diag Time of this report Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System Model All Series BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core playing error BSOD game. 0x00000116 any TM i - K CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory BSOD playing any game. error 0x00000116 MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM BSOD playing any game. error 0x00000116 DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model Hanns G iF Monitor Id HSD CF Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HDMI Driver Name nvd dumx BSOD playing any game. error 0x00000116 dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version

A:BSOD playing any game. error 0x00000116

I placed the video card into my brothers pc and it's exhibiting the same problem. RMA time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/311314-bsod-playing-any-game-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi folks As of recently I keep getting BSODs BSOD error Neverwinter, playing 0x00000116 - B as BSOD playing Neverwinter, error 0x00000116 in quot Black quot not blue mind you - playing Neverwinter The online version developed by Cryptic Studios The screen randomly turns black all of a sudden and the sound freezes a few seconds afterwards leaving me with no option but to hard reset my computer I googled the error quot x quot but any suggested steps I found couldn't solve the problem for me Here's a list of what I already tried I just came back from a week vacation so this is just what I recall off the top of my head Anyways here's what I tried so far - MemTest for several hours - no errors occured - Installed newest as well as legacy graphic drivers with and w o DDU with and w o nVidia Experience - no success - SSD Tweaks I got this computer from a friend a while ago and put in an SSD cause they're so awesome So after a few weeks of using the computer some crashes occured that I could fix with SSD tweaks I don't remember the details but I could search my browser history and provide more info if needed Some more notes - This so far only happened while playing this particular game and ONCE while randomly browsing the interwebz I'm not sure if that particular occasion was the same error though Didn't bother to have a look at the event log back then I play this game on the lowest settings possible in order to have a constant very high framerate The GPU and CPU load should be pretty low since it also runs smoothly on highest settings Also the fan noise level is quite low when I run the game on lowest settings which sort of underlines my point - Sometimes I can play hours over hours without a crash sometimes I keep getting crashes a few minutes in I can't really see a pattern there - I played the Metro games for several hours straight without any crashes whatsoever On very high settings Boy my machine got loud then But addmitedly that was quite a few weeks back and at a time where I didn't play NW and before I had these issues I'll try to run it for a few hours and see if I get the same BSOD - Same with Borderlands That's all that I can think of for now If you need more information that is neither provided in this post nor the attached zip file please let me know Thanks in advance I hope one of you guys has a solution at hand This is getting really frustrating Dave

A:BSOD playing Neverwinter, error 0x00000116

For some reason I haven't had a BSoD for over 24 hours now. I didn't change anything. This is getting more and more confusing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371211-bsod-playing-neverwinter-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 65.36%

So i looked in the forum i didnt find any satisfying answer so i need some help if somebody can help

Below i have files collected by Dm log collector and also a picture from the bsod error that might help

Also i this error occurs only when i run spore (an old game)
This never happened when i runned heavier games like for example :
Planetside 2
Shadow of mordor
Dying Light and so on
As a matter of fact i never even had issues with these games or any other before.
The error in spore doesn't have a specific pattern it happens at times some times its hours in the game some times it can be right on the start and some other times minutes you can never tell what is wrong but the error is always the same

A:BSOD while playing spore error 0x00000116

Make sure you tick the Uninstall C:/AMD and C:/NIVIDA folders while you are in DDU when you are done running DDU install your graphics driver again and you should be good to go! This is the guide for DDU: Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/361255-bsod-while-playing-spore-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 65.36%

My laptop has two graphics card Nvidia GTX m and Intel graphics Both with updated drivers Whenever I use the Nvidia graphics card I crash within - minutes of game play in Tera Rising Online With Intel graphics the game runs fine but the quality is horrible and performance error Tera, 0x00000116 playing BSOD is bad Please help System Information windows version Windows Service Pack build windows dir C Windows Hardware Lenovo IdeaPad Y LENOVO Product Name CPU GenuineIntel Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel level logical processors active mask RAM total VM free Crash Dump Analysis according to quot Whocrashed quot On Tue PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module nvlddmkm sys xFFFFF FDC E C Bugcheck code x xFFFFFA xFFFFF FDC E C xFFFFFFFFC A x Error VIDEO TDR ERROR file path C Windows system drivers nvlddmkm sys product NVIDIA Windows Kernel BSOD playing Tera, error 0x00000116 Mode Driver Version company NVIDIA Corporation description NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version Bug check description This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver nvlddmkm sys NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Corporation Google query NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO TDR ERROR On Fri PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm xD AA Bugcheck code x xFFFFFA F A xFFFFF AA xFFFFFFFFC A x Error VIDEO TDR ERROR file path C Windows system drivers nvlddmkm sys product NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version company NVIDIA Corporation description NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version Bug check description This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver nvlddmkm sys NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Corporation Google query NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO TDR ERROR On Thu PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm x BBE C Bugcheck code x xFFFFFA E A xFFFFF FE EE C xFFFFFFFFC A x Error VIDEO TDR ERROR file path C Windows system drivers nvlddmkm sys product NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version company NVIDIA Corporation description NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version Bug check description This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver nvlddmkm sys NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Corporation Google query NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO TDR ERROR On Mon PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm x BBE C Bugcheck code x xFFFFFA A C E xFFFFF FE E C xFFFFFFFFC A x Error VIDEO TDR ERROR file path C Windows system drivers nvlddmkm sys product NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version company NVIDIA Corporation description NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version Bug check description This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver nvlddmkm sys NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Corporation Google query NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO TDR ERROR On Mon PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm x B... Read more

A:BSOD playing Tera, error 0x00000116

Can anyone help? Should I repost this thread somewhere else?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/327902-bsod-playing-tera-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Need to know how to set up 8.1 beats 64 bit recovery with 3 disc. Trouble booting getting no boot device found error.

A:8.1 system recovery discs after no boot device found error

Laptop 8.1 beats 64 system recovery

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/8-1-system-recovery-discs-after-no-boot-device-found-error/td-p/5662832
Relevancy 65.36%

I need a bootable floppy with some sort of program that lists all the system specs. Mainly the basics like RAM (ram type, speeds, number of sticks etc...), CPU speed, type, manufacturer. Hard drive, partitions and sizes, whether NTFS, FAT etc...

Mainly I want the big 3, RAM, CPU, HDD. But it would be handy if the program could list the BIOS, and models of extra hardware like CD-ROM, modem, NIC etc...

I know you can see CPU and RAM on POST, but not always, some systems boot to fast, or simple don't show it, or they have images etc... Especially for laptops. So I need a boot floppy, NOT CD, which has a small utility to read all the hardware.

Some initial searching isn't finding anything.

Know any such program?

A:Get system specs from DOS boot floppy?

www.ultimatebootcd.com - and you can also extract the individual apps from the CD if it absolutely has to be a floppy disk.
And of course any Linux or BSD live CD will do..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/get-system-specs-from-dos-boot-floppy.36394/
Relevancy 64.93%

Long story short windows would no longer boot it woul run the startup recovery but fail with error and never fix the problem nbsp Had to use system recovery partition to do a System / hangs at factory reset 99% Recovery - factory reinstall of windows System Recovery / factory reset - hangs at 99% the restore to out of the box state option But the system System Recovery / factory reset - hangs at 99% recovery hangs at complete for hours nbsp I have tried the system recovery to out of the box state times and it System Recovery / factory reset - hangs at 99% always hangs at saying minute remaining After a manual forced shutdown the pc boots with missing bootmgr nbsp I have also tried running bootrec fixboot from windows recovery cdrom Aslo tried running system startup recovery from the recovery cdrom and have a black window popup with the following errors D windows bfsvc exeBFSCC BfspCopyFile D Windows boot PCAT pt-BR bootmgr exe mui GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolume Boot pt-BR bootmgr exe mui failed Attempt of Last Error x d nbsp BFSCC BfspCopyFile D Windows boot PCAT pt-BR bootmgr exe mui GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolume Boot pt-BR bootmgr exe mui failed Attempt of Last Error x d nbsp Any Ideas nbsp nbsp

A:System Recovery / factory reset - hangs at 99%

Did you ever get an answer. Same problem here. Been at 99% for an hour now.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/System-Recovery-factory-reset-hangs-at-99/td-p/1343601
Relevancy 64.93%

I'm stuck at 99% since 10pm sunday night it's now Tuesday and it's still at 99% first it said one minute to go then when i look it went back up to 5 minutes then i notice that every few hours one more minutes go on it so it's been like 3 days at 99% and still counting don't want to reboot are anything so im hanging in there and see

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/System-Recovery-factory-reset-hangs-at-99/td-p/5664243
Relevancy 64.93%

Good Afternoon

I've been handed a Toshiba Satellite L450D-119 laptop for repair, and need to take this back to the default Factory Systems settings.

I've tried initiating the Recovery Option on the Laptop, however this requires a Recovery CD/DVD - which the person who gave me the laptop doesn't have, unfortunately.

The O/S for the laptop is Windows 7 Home Premium.

I'm just wondering if it would be possible to source a recovery CD from somewhere, so that I can progress with this - any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Alex

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?89382-Satellite-L450D-119-factory-system-recovery
Relevancy 64.93%

Using Windows 8 (not 8.1 yet) on this Dell XPS One 2720 (Mid 2013) Service Tag 6DJ7TX1.

This computer is new, just out of the box two days ago. I've not run into a modern system where there was no apparent way to make factory system recovery disks; but, this one I can't figure out. Also, I don't understand how this system is set up and the purpose of the 32-gigabyte SSD (which I would like to swap out for a larger SSD).

The only item in the Dell Backup and Recovery folder in the All Programs menu is Dell Backup and Recovery which brings up the recovery screen below.

Please see uploaded images.

A:How to Make Factory System Recovery on this Computer

goto control panel
in the search box top right type

create

you should see
create a recovery drive
appear
click on that
then you can make a USB recovery drive

Most PCs do not seem to give you the option to make a recovery set on DVDs now

You may have a DELL recovery manager on the PC that will allow DVDs

I use 32GB non sandisk USB drives
32GB because some PCs (HP) need more than 16GB
non sandisk because HP support said they have a lot of compatibility issues with doing a recovery from sandisk

you will have quite a few updates to run for version 8 and cannot update to 8.1 until those 8 updates have been installed
then you can upgrade to W10 in the next 11months

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-factory-system-recovery-on-this-computer.1153108/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello,
I have a Fujitsu Siemens notebook with Windows XP Home Edition, and I was wondering if anyone of you could tell me how I should do a system reset to the factory settings.
I don't have any recovery CD's or so, but I did save everything important on the notebook, so I wouldn't mind if I'd 'lose' everything on it.

My parents also want to perform a system reset on their notebook (they also don't have any recovery CD's, but saved all the important files). They have a Toshiba with Windows Vista.

Thanks in advance (and sorry if my English is bad).

A:System Reset/Recovery to factory settings

If you tell us the models of these systems, then someone can look up how they are set up.

If CDs are needed to restore/recover...well, I don't think there's any advice that would be useful other than to try to obtain said CDs (or buy a version of XP).

There is no set policy that I can see that determines how these systems are set up. Some have recovery CDs alone..some need recovery CDs and a restore/recovery partition...some employ just a recovery partition. With some vendors, it varies by model.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/196005/system-resetrecovery-to-factory-settings/
Relevancy 64.93%

If it crashes on startup the Windows loading screen with the blue animated loading bar I'm on XP Pro SP updated from SP with Windows Update will sit crashes Persistent obtained) code system (Error BSoD and lock-ups there for a very long time Sometimes the animation displays and sometimes it locks for about fifteen seconds before resuming This is generally the symptom experienced during any of the crashes freezing unfreezing freezing unfreezing and finally either freezing for good or in the case of start up BSoDing Sometimes I am able to get into Windows and the system will run fine for a while but eventually begins to display the same problem until it freezes completely and hit my reset button to be greeted by a BSoD I disabled quot reboot on system failure quot so the BSoD would stay up and I grabbed this error code UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME x ED x A BC xC B x x http support microsoft com kb According to the MS TechNet Knowledge Base this error code can mean one of two things The four codes in parenthesis are hexadecimal Persistent system BSoD crashes and lock-ups (Error code obtained) codes that vary in different instances of the main error code but if the second one is xC which mine isn't that apparently means the file system on the drive is damaged In my case the TechNet KB says I should quot Check the IDE cable and load Fail-Safe from the BIOS quot but that doesn't really apply to me because I'm running SATA hard drives on a SATA mobo No IDE cables involved I just ran a HDD diagnostic hours before I got this BSoD and the test result was quot PASS quot It's a GB Seagate hard drive that I just installed a few months ago There's no way this thing is dying already Could it be something wrong with the SATA connections It only just occurred to me because I recently moved my PC from one room to another I know I really should have opened up the case and made sure everything was snug but it's been a few weeks and it was completely fine until just a few days ago I'm not really sure what to do This computer as a whole is only about two years old and I built it myself Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be I was worried for a bit that it might have been one of my memory modules but now that I've finally snagged an error code I know that it's something to do with the hard drive I have two hard drives installed in my case the GB drive with Windows installed on it which generally doesn't get anything other than applications or PC games installed on it and a GB drive for all of my music videos etc etc I also have an external drive that connects with an eSATA cable but I only turn it on when I need to back something up onto it or pull something off of it When I want to use it I shut down and boot up after I power the drive on I never set up any sort of RAID configuration at all I just connected the hard drives to the motherboard and installed Windows on the smaller one My overall specs Intel C D E GHz eVGA nForce i mobo Corsair x GB DDR - memory eVGA GeForce GT MB Creative X-Fi SB sound card Seagate Barracuda GB Seagate Barracuda GB All appropriate drivers are installed and up-to-date except for the GPU whose newest drivers really shot performance to hell on my GPU series so most people in my boat reverted to older drivers that work them That was one of the last things I did before this crashing problem showed up and I wound up formatting since I had everything backed up to begin with and it wasn't any skin off my nose but the problem is obviously still here I'm not sure what to do

A:Persistent system BSoD crashes and lock-ups (Error code obtained)

I ran chkdsk /r from the recovery console, which was the other option given in the KB, and was able to smoothly boot into Windows afterward. Whether or not the problem returns remains to be seen.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/persistent-system-bsod-crashes-and-lock-ups-error-code-obtained-381358.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

my girlfriend's got a problem with having WiFi connection in Win10. WiFi option has completely disapperead in Settings. No sign of detected wireless network adapter in Device Manager at all. Sometimes it drops BSOD described in title (apparently independently of running applications). She has an HP J7T91EA notebook.
What I've already tried:
checking RAM - no error
checking HDD - no bad sectors
installing latest drivers
overwriting rtbth.sys file
removed latest Windows update from last week - nothing's changed
restore from a system restore point - no result

Any ideas? May it be software or motherboard problem?
Thanky you for all the answers.

Best wishes,
Chris

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/66959-bsod-error-system-thread-exception-not-handled-code-rtbth-sys.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi all Thank you for your help in advance My computer will not boot up at all As soon as the power button is pressed the Dell logo appears for a second and then a blue screen appears It says A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed Error code xc f My computer has a problem where it will crash randomly It was after one of these crashes that this issue appeared I have a attached an image of the screen to this post If I press Enter to try again it shows the Dell symbol with a spinning wheel After spinning for a bit it says Press any button within seconds to skip disk checking 0xc000000f isn't BSOD No Error required boot Code: connected..." device "A After waiting about minutes another BSOD appears No boot BSOD Error Code: 0xc000000f "A required device isn't connected..." The computer then restarts and repeats the cycle Here are my computer specs -Windows - x - Windows was the original os - The OS was pre-installed - My computer is about years old - CPU is Intel i generation I believe - Its a Dell inspiron - It is a laptop Thank you so much You guys are the best -KD

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631513/no-boot-bsod-error-code-0xc000000f-a-required-device-isnt-connected/