Windows Support Forum

My internet connection says Local Only on Windows Vista wireless internet connection

Q: My internet connection says Local Only on Windows Vista wireless internet connection

Here is what I get when I type ipconfig all Host Name Tanya Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Realtek on Local connection Windows wireless says internet internet My Vista Only connection RTL B Wireless b g Mbp s USB Network Adapter Physical Address - -D -A -FF- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a ed a d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers My internet connection says Local Only on Windows Vista wireless internet connection fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area My internet connection says Local Only on Windows Vista wireless internet connection Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - E- -CE-BB-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C E B - EA - D - F B- F B F br DA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description isatap gateway wire net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My internet connection says Local Only on Windows Vista wireless internet connection

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: My internet connection says Local Only on Windows Vista wireless internet connection

Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.255.53.64(Preferred)Click to expand...

this occures when there is no response to the DHCP request.

First, disable the WiFi, cable a connection to the router and retry; what's the result?

While connected to the router, config it for the:
router address and DHCP range
wifi SSID, Channel
set a new admin password and save the settings.

Disable the wired interface, enable the WiFi and retry the WiFi connection

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internet-connection-says-local-only-on-windows-vista-wireless-internet-connection.161510/
Relevancy 91.45%

Hi, I would really appreciate some help with this! getting frustrated now...

I can only connect to the internet via an unsecured network. I have tried two different secured networks and in both cases I can connect to local only but not to the internet. I have tried re-starting the routers, nothing. I have deleted the network connections, turned everything off, rebooted and reinstalled, no joy. I have uninstalled all AV and firewall software, and restored Windows Default firewall settings, no luck. I am at a loss to understand how it can work fine with an unsecured network but not with a secure network. I have posted my machine's spec below. Any help gratefully received

CPU: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200@ 2.00GHz

MB: Packard (Etna GM)

RAM: 2999mb

HDD: 298gb (WDC WD3200BEVT-22ZCT0 ATA Device)

GPU: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

A:Vista wireless internet - local connection only

If using wifi, try Ethernet connection.

You're running Vista SP1 and need to install all outstanding Windows Updates, including Vista SP2.

SP2 Prepwork - http://jcgriff2.com/0x1/Vista_SP_Prepwork.html

The first order of business - remove the Internet Security app using the manufacturer's removal tool.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-wireless-internet-local-connection-only-522342.html
Relevancy 90.21%

Ok so this is my first post and yes I've already done a search I know lots of people have had problems on Vista with 'local internet. strikes 64 but Wireless no only' connection again! Vista having 'Local Only' access on their PC and I'm one of them After doing a search and reading some threads I dont think anyone has had exactly the same problem as me so I thought I'd seek out some advice So I have Vista Home Premium bit running It's a new PC fresh install etc After trying unsuccessfully with a number of USB wireless adapters once I installed drivers the adapter would never be recognised I finally found an internal PCI wireless adapter that is Wireless connection 'local only' but no internet. Vista 64 strikes again! recognised by Vista and connects to the internet I'm using the ASUS WL- G V card The internet has had dodgy Wireless connection 'local only' but no internet. Vista 64 strikes again! performance at best up until now but something was better than nothing Last week however I turned my PC on only to see that my wireless network is not connecting I tried connecting manually but nothing I have to leave the computer on for half an hour before it even aknowledges my home network exists Then my PC automatically connects to the router local only but doesn't connect to the internet itself Occasionally VERY RARELY I am able to access the internet but more often than not I am 'local only' All my hardware is up to date all drivers are the most current and yet I'm still stuffed Unless you guys can help I'm going to have to pay for Wireless connection 'local only' but no internet. Vista 64 strikes again! an electrician to put a phone outlet in my room so that I can have the router on MY pc and the rest of the house will be wireless instead Of course that then raises the issue of finding a Vista compatible ADSL wireless router Sigh After spending so much on a new pc and going to the trouble of building it all myself I'm rather annoyed I'm having to use my old box which I've set up in the kitchen in order to do my work on the net Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Wireless connection 'local only' but no internet. Vista 64 strikes again!

Bump?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/182704-wireless-connection-local-only-but-no-internet-vista-64-strikes-again.html
Relevancy 80.91%

Sony VAIO laptop running Windows Vista Business, Intel Centrino Duo, 1 gb RAM. Was recently traveling. Used hotel wireless. Now having trouble with home office wireless connectivity. Will conntect to home office Linksys N router. Will send via wireless to printers on network. Yet will not connect to internet via wireless. WILL CONNECT to intenet if connected to the router via a cable. Have tried release and reset IP address, reset TCP/IP stack, and reset winsock. Have done re-install of the Linksys software (deleted the connection and followed the add new computer steps in the Linksys program.) In past had a HP laptop running Windows XP that had same problem, but simple IP address release and reset would fix that one. Thanks to anyone who has the fix to this one! Icarus50

A:Solved: Vista Business Wireless connection OK but no connection to internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-business-wireless-connection-ok-but-no-connection-to-internet.814998/
Relevancy 80.91%

hi everyone im almost having the same problem, i just purchased a wirless netgear wgt624 router and i have a hp vista laptop. i also have an arris touchtone comcast dsl modem. my problem is that i can connect to the internet wirelessly thought the router. but i can not connect on the internet on my desktop. i would like to get the internet goin at the same time both through the router. i have tried to insert an e cable from the router directly to the computer but i get limited or no connectivity. and its not the cable bcuz i swapped out with another e cable and the same result occurs. plz help

A:Wireless internet connection on Vista laptop but no connection on desktop

i have a hp pavillion dv6000 and its running on vista home premium

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-internet-connection-on-vista-laptop-but-no-connection-on-desktop.108163/
Relevancy 109.65%

New Dell inspiron laptop running vista. linksys router. older gateway desktop running xp.

here's what happens: turn on laptop. open browser window. internet doesn't work. Connectivity is either "limited" or "local only". go to desktop. desktop internet is now not working either. use internet explorer tools to diagnose and fix connectivity on desktop. this also fixes connectivity on laptop. this happens every time! trying internet on laptop messes up desktop, and fixing desktop fixes the laptop. Any idea on what's happening and what I can do to keep from having to do this every time I want to use the internet on my laptop? THANKS!!

Relevancy 109.65%

I have a new HP desktop running drops connection only network local Wireless goes - internet Vista bit It has Atheros abgn dualband network module It connects but will soon seconds minutes hours variable drop the internet connection and say access is quot Local only quot Signal strength is still reported as quot High quot It may or may not reconnect automatically Disconnecting and reconnecting usually works but it will soon drop again Upon re-connecting the number of networks presented varies from none to I am pretty sure the are always there but they are not being detected HP support had me ensure the card was in etc and wanted me to restore pc to factory settings As I have had new from factory that start with this problem I am not so keen to do this This is second machine to have this exact issue On first machine I re-installed driver with no effect They replaced it because I was having other strange issues within my return window The computer sits quot from an HP laptop also with Vista bit same software and configs with Broadcom abgdraft-n wifi adapter The laptop never has lost a connection nor have other computers on the network My router is Linksys wrt n with WPA security It is Wireless network connection drops internet - goes local only ft line of site to the computer in question I have other computers connected via wireless g or n with no issues I have tried Wireless network connection drops internet - goes local only tweaking channels etc but to no effect Any help is appreciated here is ipconfig C Users Steve gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Steve-HPDesk Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List earthlink net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix earthlink net Description Atheros a b g n Dualband Wireless Network Module Physical Address - - -FC- D-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d cb c ea Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday September PM Lease Expires Friday September PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - A- - - - A- F- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V- Gigabit Network Connect ion Physical Address - - - A- F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E EA -D - E -A E-E FEFE E br EC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix earthlink net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Steve gt nbsp

Relevancy 107.5%

I run Vista Home Premium on my Dell Inspiron Notebook Something that is a recent wakes not but connection laptop Lose Solved: local when internet up. wireless problem in the last few weeks often when I have to hit the power button to wake up the notebook from sleep mode hibernation I Solved: Lose internet but not local wireless connection when laptop wakes up. lose the internet connection but still have local connection I disconnect and try to connect but can t but when I reboot it automatically reconnects fine to local and internet I say often as sometime after a short sleep it is still connected Have checked all settings and everything seems fine but maybe I missed something This never use to happen Only change I have made I can think of is I installed COMODO firewall a few weeks back about the same time I recall this starting My wife s PC with Norton Internet Security always gets the internet connection after wakeup without problem The two computers are not networked but use the same wireless router The only other thing I did was stop Superspywareblaster from opening at startup so I could just use it to scan occassionally I also run Nod Any ideas as I am a bt baffled by this glitch thanks G nbsp

A:Solved: Lose internet but not local wireless connection when laptop wakes up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lose-internet-but-not-local-wireless-connection-when-laptop-wakes-up.666364/
Relevancy 105.78%

I recently have been having trouble connecting to my netgear WNR v I have two issues that need addressing if you dont mind helping possiably three but anyways I was connected to the router and had local and internet access about two days ago it stopped now im plugged in and have been going crazy with the number of ways to fix and or things to test but im breaking down and need help im going to post this only reporting Windows local connection Vista wireless from another forum that I placed this problem into as well listed below everything that I have done and tried also I am going to attach a pic of my device manager network adapters I am also posting an Windows Vista wireless connection reporting local only ipconfig all that I just ran and copy pasted from my cmd prompt while the laptop was connected with the cable to my router and wireless LOCAL only all the connections that it lists scares me because I just dont know I am running windows vista on my HP laptop sorry not sure what kind of laptop it is it just says HP on it it wil no longer connect to my wireless NETGEAR WNR v and when I do get it its local only I recently had virus infections removed from someone who used AVIRA and MBAM malaware anti bytes edit I tried to disable the autoscaling feature in windows and it did not work edit edit I am running windows vista home bit EDIT I can connect to the router now I had the wrong security type selected WPA instead of WPA but it still reports local only I checked my router logs and it shows that it connects but it does not give me information on if it is blocking the laptop from the internet or if my laptop is I have tried turning off the windows firewall and resetting it as well now EDIT I have tried the things listed below - uninstall and reinstall windows wireless adapter drivers through computer managment - disablied IPv through wirless adapter properties unchecking the box - reset my rounter entirely after which I can no longer connect to the router at all where as before I did this I was able to connect to my router but it was local only held the reset button for or more seconds plus unplugged my modem and router for mins I know its alot of time for that but I was eating but regardless after which I turned on my modem let all the lights go through their setup then I turned on the router let all the lights do their thing and then my laptop to make sure everything picked up new settings -something threw me off also under computer managment under the network adapters there were ipv to ipv quot tunnels quot or something they had the yellow warning sign on it -When I run ipconfig all a TON of connections show up this makes me think that there are virus remnants left so if this is the wrong forum please just let me know I can also list my ipconfig all if it will help I would really appreacaite some help with this if anyone can ASAP I cannot stay plugged into my router but I know im on your time so thank you very much for reading and or helping me with this I will be monistoring this thread as well as tracking it with my email expect a somewhat prompt reply

A:Windows Vista wireless connection reporting local only

im not sure how to close my own post (if I can) please close this post for me I am creating a HJT post before I trouble shoot this problem sorry for doing this out of order thank you for your help. The new HJT topic I am creating can be found here
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic423325.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423218/windows-vista-wireless-connection-reporting-local-only/
Relevancy 104.49%

Ok so I've looked around this forum and other forums for how to get back the Local area connection and i get stuck. In the Network Connections, I only have "1394 Net Adapter" and no Local Area Connection. What's going on. They say make sure in the device manager it is not disabled. But I only have the 1394 Net Adapter driver in the Network Adapters. Where is my local area connections driver ? Its not there !

I have a clear modem (CPEi 25150) and a D-Link wireless router (DIR-601) and they are connected and set up. It all worked fine before I reset my PC back to factory settings and wiped out everything, but now this happens and I can't get on the Internet. Help ?

A:Local Area Connection missing and no Internet Connection.

Hello,

Have you tried going to "Add hardware" in control panel?

Start -> Control Panel -> Add Hardware -> Click next, and it should detect the network adapter is connected to your computer but hasn't been installed and it should install it for you.

Post back here with results aswell

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-missing-and-no-internet-connection.1009995/
Relevancy 102.34%

I need to migrate several POS installations from Windows XP to Windows For drivers reason we will use Bit The PCs are not connected to any router or Internet source As the connections are wired security is not an issue The Network consists of or or more PCs with one of them sharing the Database file for the others All PCs local help Need without 7 with Windows Internet connection Network have POS Program installations and the client installations need to be pointed to the Need help with Windows 7 local Network without Internet connection location of the server via an XML file with UNC fixed IP Need help with Windows 7 local Network without Internet connection address like DBSHARE We need fixed IP addresses for this as well as for some Ethernet Printers which do not have a DHCP client Their IP address can be set by a vendor utility Under XP I just made sure that file and printer sharing was enabled and shared the DBSHARE Directory for all users Read and Write The Network Cards were set up with fixed IP addresses and both Gateway and DNS server were left empty All worked like a charm Windows confuses me with Public Private Work Unknown locations and limitations of access and users rights What is the best way to proceed here

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/393317-need-help-windows-7-local-network-without-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 102.34%

To Win7Fourm Memebers

I am a newbie at this forum posting business so please bear with me.

So i have a Dell 9010 that is have a lan issue. I can't access local or online resources able to ping online and local ip address. I have Exclamation point on the network icon in the system tray.

Tests i have done.

1. I am getting an IP with the correct dns.
2. Changed motherboard to make sure it is not a hardware issue.(built in lan card)
3. Test Lan card under win pe able to use internet and access network machines. (hiren Boot Disk)
4. Manually assigned ip with dns and wins both from the isp and google open dns.
5. Reinstalled drivers from dell's site and intel.
6. Updated Bios.
7. Turned off ipv6.
8. tried winsock fix
9. netsh services restart and reset.
10. Pushed ip to workstation from firewall using mac address

I am Stumped minus reinstalling window. Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Card

A:Windows 7 Lan issue no internet or local connection

Try:
- Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-malware free
- uninstall AV
- scan with MiniToolBox Download
- run Tweaking.com - Windows Repair

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/373404-windows-7-lan-issue-no-internet-local-connection.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Ok so basicaly long story cut short Went out bought WoW been at war with Connection Area Connection & Internet Local it for days patching it and it wont work blah blah etc formatted my pc deleted the partition by mistake formated it again then the power went out Lol so Local Area Connection & Internet Connection for the rd formatingness everything is fine all is patch but wait wtf is this internet connection WTH it says im connection Local Area Connection & Internet Connection to the internet Local Area Connection & Internet Connection via another computer S when the only thing its pullged in to is my router and there is nothing els pluged in any help guys i think because there diffrent speeds it may slow my internet down or mess online gaming up etc help pl x attached my specs in txt doc for you also WoW is now saying im behind a firewall switch imn not iv considered it might be spyware or some shiz like that so im going to clean boot iv put all the bits and bobs in too one pic so u can see hope it makes sense gt lt nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-internet-connection.813488/
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi,
First time users of forums and Vista novice. I just got a Toshiba Satellite 200 laptop with Vista and I would like to connect to mt home wireless network. I have several desktop and laptops running XP that connect through a Linksys router that work great.
My problem with Vista is as follows;
When I connect with a cable to router I can access workgroup PC's and connect to internet.
When I try and connect wirelessly, I get strong connection signal but I am unable to access workgroup or connect to internet. I can not ping DNS server or router wirelessly. Running Diagnose does not help.
I am totally unfamilar with Vista and would appreciate any help and troubleshooting recommendations.
thanks.

Relevancy 99.33%

Hello you can check my profile for all the info you should need about my computer basically I have Vista and I m told that Vista and wireless don t go very well together yet We have a wireless wired home network set up here consisting of a wired router and a wireless router working together to connect all of our desktops and all of our notebooks I m talking specifically about problems with my notebook though When I turn on my computer and or my wireless card it s real quick to connect and I have access to our network storage drives and all the computers currently connected Our network has internet access via cable modem The thing is all the XP connection wireless VISTA internet Solved: unreliable is to based systems on the network connect to the internet right away while my Vista machine takes anywhere from minute to minutes Even then I ll sometimes loose the internet connection and Solved: VISTA wireless connection to internet is unreliable will have to wait another minutes for it to reconnect Resetting the wireless router or the card itself doesn t speed up the process because I still have to wait for it to connect to the internet Sometimes it won t connect for so long that I just give up and move all my work to an XP based desktop It s really frustrating if it s connected to the network shouldn t it also have the same internet access right away If I try to repair the connection HA now Vista makes you wait for it to quot diagnose the problem quot or identify it and then it will give you the option to reset your adapter which I guess is the equivalent to repairing the connection it just says it pinged the DNS server but did not receive a response And gives me the option to reset the adapter again or close out Is there anything I can do to make my connection more reliable and quicker to connect And yes I m in the same room as the router and i have Excellent signal strength nbsp

Relevancy 99.33%

I have a Vista laptop that is wireless so no router needed or card and I want to connect it with a Windows XP desktop computer that has a Westell router. How do I do this? And please explain in very detailed steps I'm quite iliterate when it comes to internet connections

A:How do you set up an internet connection via wireless using Vista laptop to XP deskto

Originally Posted by bianca19

I have a Vista laptop that is wireless so no router needed or card and I want to connect it with a Windows XP desktop computer that has a Westell router. How do I do this? And please explain in very detailed steps I'm quite iliterate when it comes to internet connections

Hi Bianca, welcome to the forum

I take it that the router and computer are both up and running, (you can access the internet) and that you are just trying to access the internet with your lappy.

If this is the case you need only to right click on the network symbol in the task bar (notification area), choose the option to join a network, select your router from the list, enter your WPA key (this is the same as for your other computer)and press connect

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/190406-how-do-you-set-up-internet-connection-via-wireless-using-vista-laptop-xp-deskto.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi - searching the web and trying various suggestions from here and other sources has yet to only vista wireless local connection, resolve an issue one of my flatmates is currently experiencing hope someone can assist He has a Dell Inspiron laptop running Vista and this will not fully connect to the wireless network we have setup here We have successfully wirelessly connected an Acer running XP machine an xbox and PS and the Dell will connect fully with cable but when attempting wireless seems to stick on identifying the network local only wireless connection, vista reporting local only connection I have tried resetting tcp ip stack and disabled IPv but no joy It may be worth noting this machine is running Norton Internet Security settings here appear to be fine I ve tried disabling the Norton firewall The router is provided by Nildram and initially did not have any security settings enabled so that s not the issue plus mac filtering is disabled FYI I m not up to speed with Vista in fact so far I ve avoided it pretty well my previous machine ran XP and we only support XP amp OS X where I work Windows IP Configuration for the Dell Host Name One Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - E- -C -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Controller Physical Address - -B - - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A CB - BDC- E -B BA- EE FC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yesortant ipconfig anything else you need to know nbsp

A:local only wireless connection, vista

the 169.254 means it cant see the router

can you post an ipconfig with it connected by cable

I would suspect its a firewall issue ...

is the machine close to the wireless router and getting full signal
it may want a channel change on the router, i have seen it where a few machines connect OK but one does not
use channell 1, 6 or 11

do you have the disks to put norton back on - it may be worth uninstalling and using an installer program from the norton site

you have right cliked on properties and removed ipv6 - correct
and you have removed encryption and mac filtering on the router - correct

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-only-wireless-connection-vista.786697/
Relevancy 98.47%

Well I've fiddled around and searched to no avail I have some form of conflict between my main wireless network and a LAN I use for file transfer and streaming The attached PDF file illustrates the setup Basically the wireless network is fine by itself Music streams from the Asus EeePC to the various Squeezeboxes and internet connectivity is without internet wireless connection connection internet stops LAN enabled on all PCs LAN connection without internet stops wireless internet connection and LAN connection without internet stops wireless internet connection the iPad The LAN works well by itself allowing me to use FreeFileSync to quickly and relaible transfer backup music between the Acer dekstop and Asus netbook server PCs and to stream music from the Asus EeePC which is the music server running Logitech Media Server to the Squeezebox However the two networks can't co-exist without the Acer and or Asus losing internet connectivity when their respective LAN connections are made to the Buffalo router they share with the Squeezebox The notification area shows - Currently connected to BuffaloLocalNet No internet access SqueezeNet Internet access Wireless Network Connection SqueezeNet Connected DD-WRT I have attached the ipconfig all output in the out txt file and diagram of the network in Network pdf I suspect this is a simple clash of parameters somewhere or incompatible IP addresses but I'm not good enough to resolve it Thanks GRC

A:LAN connection without internet stops wireless internet connection

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Check the properties of the wireless network adapter for a feature something like this:

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/305674-lan-connection-without-internet-stops-wireless-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi I have windows Pro installed I have a DSL connection that requires a username and password I have read connection sharing internet as connection Solved: wireless Help wired a with the tutorials for setting up ICS in windows but it is not working for me In my change adapter settings page I have connections LAN Wireless and M this is the dial-up for the username and password Here s what I have done I have Solved: Help with sharing wired internet connection as a wireless connection enabled ICS for M and created an ad-hoc wireless connection called M network I basically want to share my wired connection with my iPhone Everything is ok as far as connecting my iPhone to M network but when I try to use the internet all i get is a connecting message on my phone and it doesnt go any further I have used this network before to connect air mouse on my phone that lets me use my phone as a touchpad It still works fine that way but I cant use internet I have even tried enabling the ICS on LAN instead but got the same results Am I doing something wrong nbsp

A:Solved: Help with sharing wired internet connection as a wireless connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-with-sharing-wired-internet-connection-as-a-wireless-connection.884605/
Relevancy 98.04%

Cannot connect to home wireless network with Toshiba Satellite laptop running Vista with SP2. Other family wireless devices working fine and good internet connection using ethernet cable from my laptop to router.

Problem just started today after trying public free wireless in airport early today. Would not connect and got a security certificate warning on another free internet network. So, did not use. Internet worked fine tethered to my phone.

I have an internal wireless g card and a usb plug-in wireless n adapter. Neither one works now. In network status section of control panel shows good network connection but red X before internet connection icon.

I ran a Norton scan and Malwarebytes scan in safe mode with no issues. Also tried to connect wireless in safe mode with no success.

Lastly I did system restore to a few days ago when wireless connection was working fine. No success there either.

A:[SOLVED] Good wireless network connection but no internet connection

you have not accedently switched OFF the wireless at all

can we see an ipconfig /all and ping tests and an xirrus screen shot

also delete all the profiles

------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to remove Wireless Profiles
Removing an existing wireless "profile"
b]- Vista/Windows7:[/b]
FAQ - Welcome to TP-LINK
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Quote:

For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is working

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Direct link to the program is here Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-good-wireless-network-connection-but-no-internet-connection-599619.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi,

Hoping someone can help.

I have a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows XP with a wireless connection to a broadband router.

Several weeks ago my laptop started dropping the internet connection randomly (I'm alos unabel to access email when this happens).

My wireless network icon in my toolbar shows the connection as 'Excellent' but for some reason both Internet and Email is not available. The only way to fix the problem has been to restart my laptop which is very frustrating.

I've noticed that this also happens randomly when I'm at home (using different wireless broadband modem) so I think the issue is my laptop not the 2 x routers/modems.

I'm running NOD32 for security as well (but have been for 4 years now with no problems till now).

Please help.

Relevancy 98.04%

Hi there im new to the forums and i ve got a problem that laptop; LAN internet Working a no on wireless broken but connection connection s been a real pain for me lately I ve got a wireless connection in my house going through a Linksys WRT GC router and also a wired connection with Cisco gateway only laptop uses it About month ago some strange things began to happen with the wireless connection my PC seems not to be able to connect unless I reinstall the protocols and it s really annoying to do that every time I run my PC Also the wired connection stopped working probably because of cable being broken but it requires a router restart of the time when I want to connect the laptop that used to connect through cable to the wireless network The nd laptop has an issue mentioned in the title the LAN works but it can t connect to the Internet through the router Ipconfig all shows that DHCP isn t working there s no default gateway Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection and DNS seems to be wrong Could that all be related to router not being updated for a long time I tried reinstalling drivers unistalling and installing back network card and doing most of the things mentioned in similar threads but nothing seems to work I know it all looks very silly Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection but I can t do anything about it Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection at least now - I don t have access to any router settings and can t update it Every bit of help is appreciated I can paste all the information needed from all computers Operating systems are Windows on PC and the st laptop nd laptop is Vista nbsp

A:Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection

can we see the ipconfig /all and an xirrus screen shot

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

to do that:
Next
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/working-lan-but-no-internet-connection-on-a-laptop-broken-wireless-connection.1021421/
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi,
I have recently reinstalled XP pro on a PC and do not have internet connection using Internet Explorer or Firefox, I cannot ping either of my other two computers.
I have installed the Mother Board Drivers.

Device managed tells me that both network adapters are working properly, Local Area Connection tells me that I am connected although send/receive packets are about 1 (send) and 20 (receive) after an hour of being told there is a connection.

I multi boot with Windows 7 and a Linux system and they both have internet connection so it seems to be restricted to XP.

Any suggestions on what may be wrong would be appreciated.

A:Solved: network adapters good , local area connection good but no internet connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-adapters-good-local-area-connection-good-but-no-internet-connection.904920/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi, did a search for my problem and still did not find an answer for my problem.

My laptop's wireless signal connects fine with the router but can't get on the internet. I tried a several solutions from this site from disabling IPv6 and windows firewall but still there is no connection to internet. One thing that did work was disabling the encryption on the router. I set the security option to None on both the router and the laptop and finally there is connection. I then again tried every single security option on both router and laptop and again there is no connection. (Only local connection). Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong.

Btw, I am on a new router (wndr3700). I had no problems with wired connections and no problems with my old buffalo router.

Thanks in advance.

John

Relevancy 97.18%

Hi,

Recently tried to connect to my router and it would not connect. At first it said it was Limited Access only but now it's saying it's connected but it's not. I checked in the Network and Sharing Centre and it said it wasn't connected.

Don't know why it's suddenly doing this. I'm running vista and my router is a BT Homehub.

Thanks in advance

Milo

Relevancy 97.18%

I any not no find 127.0.0.1 wireless ping can connection Vista Solved: internet found wish someone could help Solved: Vista can not find any wireless internet connection no ping 127.0.0.1 found me I was restarting my laptop when suddenly my antivirus also automatically updated itself and I had to reboot Afterwards the quot reboot now quot box for my antivirus keep popping still right after I rebooted it times but it still show the red box quot reboot now quot and box more stating that application is broken and have to restart I did it so Solved: Vista can not find any wireless internet connection no ping 127.0.0.1 found but it doesn t want to be clicked Anyway I disabled my antivirus and planned to continue using my internet the problem now my laptop can not find any network not even the wireless network connection I had And on my netwrok setting is totally blank There is no network to be found I went to run and type ping exe it didn t show anything Also with Can someone please help me how to configure this problem A step by step solution will be very much highly appreciated Thanks so much in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Vista can not find any wireless internet connection no ping 127.0.0.1 found

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-can-not-find-any-wireless-internet-connection-no-ping-127-0-0-1-found.876713/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hey I ve been having this problem ever since coming back home from university My laptop doesnt seem to be able to stay internet not to connection connection but Losing laptop wireless on the internet very well I ll be randomly browsing downloading whatever and then suddenly it ll stop The wireless icon on the taskbar comes up with a amp quot amp quot and says no internet access The wireless connection is still full strength at this point but no internet What I don t understand is that the internet connection to the main computer which is wired works fine all the time the internet connection works on the other wireless laptops in the house and at uni I Losing internet connection to laptop but not wireless connection have no problems with the wireless internet I don t know where the problem can be Turning off the wireless card and turning it back on works for a few minutes or so restarting the computer works for a bit longer It usually works just long enough for me to get the false hope that it s fixed itself Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G F BCHR H CN U VD Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled I m not particularly tech savvy computers and myself dont seem to get on very well I ve absolutely no idea where to go from here Cheers for any help guys nbsp

Relevancy 97.18%

Hi everyone I work in an office where we have a main desktop computer which is connected to the internet via a Time Warner modem The modem is connected by cable to a netgear wireless router and up until today there have been no problems connecting to the internet from internet connection network Wireless lost connection the laptops that use the wireless connection Today for no reason with no changes upgrades or anything different at all I am now getting the message that my laptop sees the wireless network but claims the network has no internet access not true I am able to connect to the internet from the desktop which is where I'm typing from So we have internet coming into the office and the desktop but suddenly the router isn't broadcasting the wireless signal any more Wireless network connection lost internet connection I ran windows network diagnostics several times and I've gotten different responses one said quot wireless connection doesn't have valid IP configuration quot another said quot the default gateway is not available quot and quot tourbleshooting couldn't identify the problem quot I'm reasonably computer savvy and I can follow instructions so does anyone have any ideas where I should start Many thanks Caroline

A:Wireless network connection lost internet connection

The first thing to try is to power everything off, Cable mode, router and computers. Then power them on again in sequence. Cable modem, router then computer. Let each device settle down before going on to the next.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118734-wireless-network-connection-lost-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I am seeking advice here to solve a problem with internet connection on my laptop The laptop Thinkpad X running bit Vista seems to be ok to connect to my router which is connected to a cable modem Internet is also connected on the base level more details below However Internet Explorer or firefox opera cannot find any web page and Mozilla Thunderbird email program cannot connect to email server I am decently ok with computers so I have run some checks myself This is not a problem of router or cable modem as my other computers can access internet through the same router and modem Also the laptop gets an IP address from the router and can connect to shared resources on other computers within the same network The laptop also finds outside addresses and get a response when I run ping command e g ping www internet not problem browser does connection work weird but connection in Vista, fine google com or ping www yahoo com suggesting that the connection to DNS server is fine at the base level I was suspecting that windows firewall my Symantec antivirus or VPN is creating the problem But the problem persists after I disabled firewall and the antivirus software and deleted VPN connection One important thing to mention is that this problem starts when after a software install which I removed afterwards I tried to run netsh reset by quot netsh winsock reset catalog quot quot netsh int ipv reset myreset log quot and quot netsh int ipv reset myreset log quot and restart Still does not work Really desperate for a solution Any suggestions Thank you nbsp

A:weird internet connection problem in Vista, connection fine but browser does not work

Hi Rainstone,
Did you try system restore.to the date before installing that bad software?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-internet-connection-problem-in-vista-connection-fine-but-browser-does-not-work.919151/
Relevancy 95.89%

Hello Please help I have been trying to quot fix quot this issue on my laptop IP Valid Con Area Connection/Wireless a Have Local Solved: Network Connection Doesn't for the past month on and off I have been using other sources to access the internet reading up on resolutions on this issue and all kinds of forums I am knowledgeable but not able to understand some of the fixes and terms that I have come across I feel like I ve tried everything and still I cannot access the internet on my PC wired or wireless I have a Toshiba Satellite L -GS I tried to release amp renew my ipconig Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con Please see below for ipconfig Please help C windows system gt ipconfig release Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C windows system gt ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected C windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name jpharvey -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address - -B -B -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- C- - - - C- C- -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - C- C- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-wireless-network-connection-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-con.1016512/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hello,

I own a Netgear Wireless Router WGR614 v6. My default access is through http://192.168.1.1 . Recently I have been having problems trying to connect through a wireless connection. I can receive a connection directly through the router. I have used this router on multiple computers. I am not sure if it will not connect because of this, but I am in need of some good guidance.

If I am missing information please let me know. I really would like some help on this. Thanks!

A:Solved: Internet Connection But No Wireless Connection

Is this really solved?
If not, ask a mod to move it to the networking section and supply Ipconfig and OS info.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-connection-but-no-wireless-connection.888755/
Relevancy 95.46%

This crops up now and then in my clients machine repairs. Usually a complete reformat and reinstall sorts it. This time no joy. Windows XP on client's Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop.
Procedure was files and settings transfer before reformat. After reinstallation of Win XP restored files and settings. LAN connection to internet ok. Wireless connection to router ok. No Internet via wireless connection. Help!
Thanks in anticipation
Les

A:No internet connection yet wireless connection ok to router

If the net is seen by the wireless then its usually the Password and/or WEP/WAP.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-internet-connection-yet-wireless-connection-ok-to-router-373294.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi Im looking for abit of guidance I have several devices connected to a homehub at my home These include smart phones desktop computer xbox and a laptop All work fine except the laptop which until the other day when I uninstalled Norton Security off it has been unable to connect to the internet The laptop has Windows Vista SP I searched the forums already for any details of how to rectify this and have seen mentioned the commands netsh Connection No Internet only Local int ip reset reset log along with Ipv and ipv and netsh winsock reset catalog which from what Ive read has resolved other folks issues However it hasnt fixed the issue im experiencing I foolishly went to add remove programmes to get rid of Norton and have sinced tried to use the Norton removal tool which every time I copy it across to the laptop from my desktop when I try to run it it says it is corrupt I was then referred to a uninstall tool called Revo which I used to remove any symantec or Norton it could find I have No Internet Connection Local only also turned off windows firewall and Im still not finding a resolution ipconfig all shows the following information C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Lizzie-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - D- -A -DE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c af d e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - F- E- - - - F-CB-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -DF- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - - F-CB-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E E- C - E - D - ADDA BFF br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EE - E - -B CF-CB C br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as i have already tried my ISP and laptop supplier Thanking you in advance JC nbsp

Relevancy 95.03%

Hai... All.
help.... my pc can't log in internet cos problem maybe modem but i try use another modem also same izit my network card faulty ? I try instakk another new network card also get a problem for my local area connection - a network cable is unplugged, Can help me how to do it so i can use my pc online again . Thanks you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-local-connection-cant-log-into-internet.789798/
Relevancy 95.03%

I have a local connection on my HP touchsmart but no internet connection through my WLAN but on my laptop which sits about 1m away i have both local and internet. I have tried to ping an address but got no response. Any ideas on what to do? btw it will be very hard to post the results of a ipconfig/all as i have no internet access but will if entirely necessary.
Thanks

A:Local Connection but no internet.

is a firewall blocking
have you removed the wireless secruity and tried

can you save to notepad and then copy using a flashdrive/thumbdrive or write to a CD-RW and copy across that way if possible
or is it possible do you have bluetooth on laptop to copy with ?

{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all

-> Start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all
post back the results here
TWO Methods to do that - if you cannot access the internet with PC, then use method 2 to copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Method ONE -------------------------------------------------------------
start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Method TWO -------------------------------------------------------------

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Ping Tests}

Ping the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all
Post back the results

Ping google.com
Post back the results

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.191.93.53
post back results

-----------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-connection-but-no-internet.897457/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi, my internet connection will say local only sometimes, at complete random times, sometimes it's working fine, and suddenly it will say 'local only' and not be able to connect to the internet for a few hours, even if I am connected to the router itself. I even tried using a different laptop to connect to my router, and that came up with the same message. I have tried restarting both laptops and resetting the router. Is there anything I could do on my laptop that may fix the problem? Or does it sound like the router itself has gone wrong? I cant find a solution anywhere so any help would be appreciated ,
Thanks,
Becky

P.s I have a Dell Inspiron 1750, and have Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.

A:Internet connection says local only.

maybe router or ISP problem

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/283796-internet-connection-says-local-only.html
Relevancy 95.03%

im absolutely stumped on this one i have a situation where windows vista laptop computer and ipads were working fine wirelessly with a providers modem connected to a dlink wireless router i have replaced the modem and router with an all in one upgraded providers modem router combo unit i Connection Local - Only Internet programmed it secured it the ipads work perfectly fine but when i try to connect the vista laptop it says local only Internet - Local Only Connection it shows im connected with excellent signal but web browsers can not display any web pages IE or firefox i can see other computers on the network Internet - Local Only Connection but no internet in the past i have solved an issue like this by changing the mode to g only n only or b only tried all and no luck so i put it back to auto so next i tried disabling the security on the network open network with no password when i did that the laptop works fine internet and everything then i secured the network again set password and i get the same issue local only no internet the security gives me options wpa wpa or auto i tried all and no change the only option for encryption is AES on all i can not change that when i look in the routers list of connected devices the laptop is listed there as connected and active when i had the computer connected with no security i checked for an updated wireless network driver none found the network connections on the computer are all correct set to obtain ip automatically and the router DHCP is on enabled i have disabled all antivirus programs and turned off the firewall no luck any ideas

A:Internet - Local Only Connection

Download this fixit for Vista. Run it and reboot.

Does the computer connect when using Ethernet?  Does providing a static IP for the computer work?

Download Netadapter repair and select Advanced Repair.

Try the OpenDNS server addresses and see if it connects.

Right click the wireless adapter in Device Manager and select Properties. Under the details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line shown.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569971/internet-local-only-connection/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hello The problem Local internet no only, connection is my internet I have tried to connect with both wireless and wired and it only gives me Local only connection My internet connection has worked fine for the almost year and half we have been living here and I didn t do anything unusual before it went down my computer was normally on at the time I have other computers on the same connection both wireless and wired though the computer that lost internet is the only one with Vista I Local connection only, no internet have Vista Business with Service Pack -bit Here is ipconfi all info Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Nova gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Nova-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List yok fi Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix yok fi Description Broadcom a b g WLAN Physical Address - A- - - A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e e bd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained marraskuuta Lease Expires marraskuuta Local connection only, no internet Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix yok fi Description Broadcom x Ethernet Physical Address - F- - - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - A- B- C- -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap sgt cpqcorp net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AE -A D - - FEF- DACDEEC br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C C -E - B-A A- F C br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap dsl inet fi Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix yok fi Description isatap yok fi Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes If you want to know something else please use examples I don t know much about finding stuff I have tried googling but mostly what I read is like greek to my or haven t worked or the problem hasn t been solved I have already tried few things at least this one http support microsoft com default aspx kb Only thing I can connect is my router settings I have a Buffalo router and it has worked fine I have tried to turn of my computer my router my router and computer together Also when I try to repair the problem it says quot Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response quot and prompts to reset network adapter but that doesn t work Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-connection-only-no-internet.880256/
Relevancy 94.17%

windows 7 has always ran great until one day I got on my computer and it randomly said no connections available. iso i restarted. it didn't do anything. i did trouble shoot and said there was a driver issue. so i went into device manager and tried to mess with the driver. nothing. then i plugged in an ethernet cable. that didn't work. cable must of been bad. luckily i dual booted XP. and internet works on that. my wireless card is a realtek 8185. i looked for drivers for it and can't find any that work.

anyone have a guess on what i can do to fix it? upgrading to a newer build is an option if that would fix it. if i would upgrade it would be to build 7600.

A:Windows 7 RC Wireless internet connection problem

did you try uninstalling the device then restarting i read some where that that will put all the settings back to default if you have tweaked it it wipes all of that out i have read so many posts and articles i can't remember where i saw that let me know i will try and help you out

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/16984-windows-7-rc-wireless-internet-connection-problem.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Two PCs side-by-side connected to my home wireless network - my Vista Home Premium 64-bit laptop, and my brand new HP Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit desktop. I start up both and connect to the internet. The Vista laptop connects fine and displays web pages in a resonably fast time. My new Windows 7 desktop, however, takes FOREVER to even load my Google home page. The graphics take FOREVER and even hang and refuse to load. Forget about downloading anything as pages will hang and refuse to load.

What's going on here? Can anyone provide me some clues on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks for any and all advice!

A:Windows 7 SLOW Wireless Internet Connection

Quote: Originally Posted by technomann

Two PCs side-by-side connected to my home wireless network - my Vista Home Premium 64-bit laptop, and my brand new HP Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit desktop. I start up both and connect to the internet. The Vista laptop connects fine and displays web pages in a resonably fast time. My new Windows 7 desktop, however, takes FOREVER to even load my Google home page. The graphics take FOREVER and even hang and refuse to load. Forget about downloading anything as pages will hang and refuse to load.

What's going on here? Can anyone provide me some clues on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks for any and all advice!

You are probably running Homegroup which uses iPv6. Mixed OS network seem to work better using workgroup (IPv4) . You can test this by simply creating a new network connection using workgroup. If it works you can then disable IPv6 and kill homegroup
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/90844-windows-7-slow-wireless-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I have just installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my PC, but I cannot connect to the Internet even though I've tried almost everything. My connection is there but i can't press the connect button and it's very frustrating. I am very new. Can someone help please?

A:Windows 7 Wireless Internet Connection Issue

Please edit your image links - you've linked to the thumbnails instead of the large images. Also, please update your system specs - the link is in my signature. We need to know what hardware you have, so we can figure out what the problem may be. Make sure you put your wifi hardware in there, too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/36639-windows-7-wireless-internet-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I have a windows vista, connected to a wifi network. Internet does not work. In network and sharing, the access to the wifi is local only. How do I change it to local and internet only.?

The problem is not the router, the devices connected to the wifi have internet access and are functioning properly.

A:No internet Connection: Local Access Only?

can we see an ipconfig /all and an inSSIDer screen shot - see how below

Please post back here the make and exact model of the router and if you have a separate modem, the make and exact model of the modem.

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

ipconfig /all

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
all the text will now be highlighted
Next

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Run inSSIDer for home Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install

Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

(There is also an andriod & Mac OS X download )
http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

download here ( Vista, 7 & 8 )
http://files.metageek.net/downloads/inSSIDer-installer.msi

download here ( XP & Netbooks )
http://files.metageek.net/downloads/inSSIDer-Installer-2.1.6.1394.msi

click on networks on the top menu

post a screen shot of the program running.

post which SSID name is yours, if connected it will show up with a large blue star
To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-connection-local-access-only.1115447/
Relevancy 93.74%

hey,

i have wireless connection to the internet but i cant create a homegroup as i dont have local & internet connection

any ideas?

im on windows 7 build 7100

cheers

A:I have internet connection but cant get local network

Quote: Originally Posted by hammill100

hey,

i have wireless connection to the internet but i cant create a homegroup as i dont have local & internet connection

any ideas?

im on windows 7 build 7100

cheers

hammill

how abt you tell us abt your system specs, and network setup.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/18966-i-have-internet-connection-but-cant-get-local-network.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Ok I have been having an extremely Internet Access Only Connection - Local annoying problem with my internet connection No mater what network I connect to I have Local Access only I have tried my home network the network at my school and a network Internet Connection - Local Access Only almost miles away and none of them worked either wired or wireless Up until a month ago it was working perfectly then I got a major virus I fixed my computer after Internet Connection - Local Access Only weeks but it did something to my internet I have been fighting with it for weeks I have tried many different methods of fixing it from restarting the computer the network card my home router and modem uninstalling network card drivers and reinstalling them I have looked in the command prompt and tried a few different methods Internet Connection - Local Access Only in there i have tried going through the registry and changing some setting I tried to ping my router from my PC and got no response I also tried to ping my computer from my router and got the same results I have tried programs that fix network problems I have since deleted any antivirus programs from my computer entirely and turned off my firewall I have tried to change my IP address and other TCP IP settings as well as setting them to auto I found that my comp has not been able to contact the DCHP servers and that there is absolutely no communication between my computer and router or between my computer and modem directly If you have any idea at all of something to do that may work please let me know nbsp

A:Internet Connection - Local Access Only

i suspect the virus may have effected the winsock area

can you post a HJT log - see my link in the signature.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-local-access-only.868437/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello I ve had this laptop for but not local connection internet Solved: almost a year now I bought it to do some gaming and be able to use it at school It connected perfectly to the Solved: local but not internet connection internet everywhere I took it Until I took it to school They use a sign-in for the internet so I don t actually get connected until I load firefox and sign in Until I do so the connection is listed as quot local quot However it only connects once in a great while maybe once a week if I m patient enough It just treats the connection as local the whole time I ve also noticed it takes a long time to id the network even though it is saved And maybe this last part is normal but sometimes it connects me to the network several times all at once So if I hover over my connection icon in the taskbar ill see the network name times with a - number next to it I m getting really sick of this especially after today when I realized I d forgotten to write a research paper that was due in two hours I hope someone can help Thank you PS Im using an Asus M Sn X- and im running bit vista on it Let me know if there is any other information I can provide that would be of use nbsp

Relevancy 93.74%

I have a rather strange situation here. Here is my modem, and what it is connected to (is connected with TV service) (output 2 is for modem)

Whilst connected to this, my internet works fine. However, when I move it to a different room, and plug the white cord into the outlet, it seems I am only able to get a local connection. I have the ipconfig /all notepad file, and will PM it to you if required. Basically, I want to be able to have a wired and wireless connection to the internet, with the modem in a different room.

A:Only local access on internet connection

Can you clarify exactly what changes you made to the modem that prevents you from having wired or wireless connection to the internet when moving it to a different room? I mean if output 2 is still going to the modem and everything is plugged in as usual, then it should still work no matter the physical location. So I assume you must have changed some wiring for this problem to occur?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/only-local-access-on-internet-connection.1124127/
Relevancy 93.74%

I have Vista home issue connection ) (local Internet basic bit And I am connected to DSL via ethernet wired About a week ago I stared having a issue that my browsers would stop working both firefox Internet issue (local connection ) and internet explorer I would get the typical error saying the connection has been reset My modem was showing that I am connected tho At the same time my AIM messenger was working fine I was still connected and able to send and receive messages I tried to reset my modem that didn't work So I restarted my pc and that seemed to fix it This has continued to happen daily now usually around the same timeframe too I have scanned my pc with avast super anti spyware and malwarebytes and they haven't found anything wrong Internet issue (local connection ) I tried disabling my firewal pc tools firewalls plus that didn't work I read that zonealarm could cause this issue and i had it in the past but it's been long uninstalled The last thing i tried was Internet issue (local connection ) i disabled avast web scanner and i reset the TCP IP Winsock And again it didn't work Could anyone shed some light on what the issue may be having to restart often is getting a tad annoying Thanks

A:Internet issue (local connection )

How strange that you couldn't access web pages, but you could use AIM. Although, that would use a different port.

Open a command prompt and try pinging an ip address.

C: ping "www.yahoo.com" (without the quotes)

Was is successful?

C: ping 128.163.1.6

successful?

Update your network card to the newest driver.

Run C: ipconfig /all > config.txt

upload config.txt to us here.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/249757-internet-issue-local-connection.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Windows 7 build 7057 EEE 1000HE

I seem to have a situation where my wireless connection does not include my local network, so I cannot see or connect to any local computers on my network but I can connect to the internet just fine wirelessly. Of course, if I wire into the ethernet port I can see the local computers. I know I should be able to access the local computers wirelessly but I cannot seem to find the "switch" to combine local and internet access.

A:Internet connection but no local network

7057 has shoddy network support, almost everyone has problems with 7057 not showing network connections. Move up to build7068.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/6573-internet-connection-but-no-local-network.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I bought a Toshiba for my wife a year ago it has been working great all of a sudden she tells me she cannot access the internet and I find out from manhy forums that this local access issue is a major problem I have yet to find a solution to other then wiping the machine and installing XP which is far more stable them vista but want to avoid that at all costs. I would appreciate anyones help here if there is a resolution to this issue which is a real pain.

A:Local Access no internet connection

We have to eliminate a few things before blaming Vista.... it could be your ISP having DNS issues or your browser losing it's settings (usually through humans mucking around too much)

So...which browser are you having problems with?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/235676-local-access-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Can someone please help..????
This morning i lost service from my IP after a perfect year.

After speaking to them and using my PC the connection was restored.

Unfortunatly my laptop couldn't reconnect and i have spent the morning trying to find out ways to reconnect It

i have been able to connect to the web via a cable but not wirelessly.

in the network and share center
it shows
netgear (public network) access local and internet
runs ok as its the cable.

the second is
unidentified network (public network) access Local Only
this is the wireless and it.

can any one please help me with this problem?

regards
Rob

Relevancy 93.74%

I have a local internet connection from Comcast.

Recently, my pc had a virus, but I was able to remove it. Now, however, I am unable to access any webpage. (It always says, "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage) My connection, which used to be called "Local Area Connection" is now called "Local Area Connection 2."

All laptops in my house, which use a wireless connection from my router are able to use the internet, but my pc, which uses a wire coming from the router, cannot.

A:Local Internet Connection Not Working for Pc

Welcome to TSF

Open IE. Click on Tools/Internet Options/Connections tab. Click LAN SETTING button at bottom. Uncheck any setting under the proxy setting area.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-internet-connection-not-working-for-pc-496550.html
Relevancy 93.74%

i have a belkin g wireless router which at first i used it as wired to my toshiba laptop I WAS ABLE Help Nid Internet TNX!!! ASAP! Connection Only: Local TO CONNECT THROUGH IT AT FIRST but now i cannot connect to the internet it says LOCAL ONLY OR LIMITED CONNECTIVITY in the dell laptop that connects through wi-fi---- gt when i diagnose the connection the wnd says quot cannot communicate with primary dns server quot I REALLY Internet Connection Local Only: Help Nid ASAP! TNX!!! NID UR HELP ASAP this is my ipconfig Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name XabineAdrielle Primary Dns Internet Connection Local Only: Help Nid ASAP! TNX!!! Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled Internet Connection Local Only: Help Nid ASAP! TNX!!! No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -D - -D - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday September AM Lease Expires Friday September AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- -B - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt nbsp

A:Internet Connection Local Only: Help Nid ASAP! TNX!!!

OK;On your ipconfig /all you appear to have a good ethernet connection.
So on your wireless connection :

To obtain dns and ip address automatically

Select Start > Settings > Network Connections.
• Double-click the Connection icon of the connection you wish to modify to open the Local Area Connection Status window.
• Click the Properties button to open the Local Area Connection Properties window.
• Click to highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
• Click the Properties button to open the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties window.
• TCP/IP Properties window, IP Address tab
• Select Obtain an IP address automatically.
• Select Obtain DNS server address automatically.
• Click OK to return to the Local Area Connection Properties window.
• Click OK to return to the Network Connections window.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-local-only-help-nid-asap-tnx.860033/
Relevancy 93.74%

I have a two year old Toshiba laptop that no longer connects to the internet either via ethernet cord plugged into the laptop nor my home wireless network. I have disabled the firewalls and the problem continues. The Network Connection screen shows the computer connected locally but not no internet connection. The laptop is running Windows Vista.

Thanks for your advice. I am lost....

A:Laptop Local Connection But Not Internet

Have you tried a different computer on the same network(s)? If so, did they work ok?

Can you ping your router?

Lets see if we can ping the router. I assume you're using windows 7. To find out, what you'll want to do is click on start and in the search bar type in CMD and hit enter. In the black window type ipconfig and hit enter. What you're going to look for is an area that says something like this:
What you're looking for is the IP of your Default Gateway.

Once you have the default gateway IP, type ping 192.168.0.1 - replace my Gateway IP with yours - and hit enter. You should see either 4 replies or 4 timeouts from the gateway.
If you get 4 replies as can be seen above, that means your laptop is talking to the router. If you get 4 timeouts, then the there is a configuration issue with either the laptop or the router, maybe both.

But lets assume you can ping your and get 4 replies. The next thing you'll want to do is ping an external IP address, something that out on the internet. I always default to using 4.2.2.2 as my test IP. So type ping 4.2.2.2 in that black window and hit enter. Again, either 4 replies or 4 timeouts. If you get replies, that means your router is connected to the internet. If not, then there is a configuration issue with your routers internet settings, or the internet is just down.

Let us know what you find out and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Daniel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-local-connection-but-not-internet.1035529/
Relevancy 93.31%

I have a Samsung RV laptop computer running Windows that is about months old It has worked well until the last couple of days Despite the fact that it shows an active wireless internet connection I cannot get web pages to open I have tried both IE and Firefox with no luck I have tried many different websites including microsoft msn google and yahoo and none have connected Other devices connected to the same wireless network include a laptop running XP a MacBook pro an iPhone an iPad and several android smart phones and all have been functioning without issue An XP desktop is also connected to the router with an ethernet cable Windows the Solved: but cannot 7 internet connect to has wireless PC connection with no issues This laptop is the only device running Windows When I run the windows network diagnostics tool I get the message quot Problem found The remote device or resource won t accept the connection Solved: Windows 7 PC has wireless connection but cannot connect to the internet quot I have tried most of the recommended actions associated with the link http support microsoft com default aspx kb with no success I have successfully pinged www google com and www yahoo com I have also tried several other things that i found while doing research on this problem with no success The system info generated by the SysInfo utility follows Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count Solved: Windows 7 PC has wireless connection but cannot connect to the internet RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Solved: Windows 7 PC has wireless connection but cannot connect to the internet Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO LTD RV RV S E Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled When I run ipconfig as the administrator I get the following output Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name M-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a c d c d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday July PM Lease Expires Tuesday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F- C-A - - - -BB- - F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E Family PCI-E Fast E thernet Controller Physical Address E - - - E- -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BD A F -AB - E E- D -B CD A B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c c b e ae Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c c b e ae Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C windows system gt I have an Arris cable modem model TM G a... Read more

A:Solved: Windows 7 PC has wireless connection but cannot connect to the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-pc-has-wireless-connection-but-cannot-connect-to-the-internet.1059561/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi I seem to have a problem with my Medion Akoya Netbook which operates Windows but Windows internet Wireless 7 no connection access Ultimate ultimate Until yesterday I had no problem accessing the internet But after I updated and ran Avast free virus protection and ran Reg Cure Pro Clean Up-progam I could not access the internet anymore It says I am connected but that there is no internet access We share the router with people but the Wireless connection but no internet access Windows 7 Ultimate others don't seem to have any problem So I think i'ts Wireless connection but no internet access Windows 7 Ultimate nothing to do with the router a solution I keep finding on the windows-anwser-pages I have been surfing an searching all day allready and troubleshooting my own ideas but nothing seems to work It seems a lot of people are getting this problem but it also seems there is a variaty of ways to fix it None of them work for me So that is why I'm asking for specific help here I copy-pasted the info about my connections through command promp I found out to do so on this forum So I was wondering if someone is able to help and advise me Thx Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Stift gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Stift-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Wireless connection but no internet access Windows 7 Ultimate Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address B - - - - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a d ca f d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address C- -B - - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Wireless connection but no internet access Windows 7 Ultimate

Hi first try using system restore to restore to a date before reg cure was installed as registry cleaners can do more harm than good.

Please let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/283492-wireless-connection-but-no-internet-access-windows-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Looking for some no connection, 7: wireless internet Windows via fine Ethernet is help here as I m stuck year old Toshiba laptop Satellite P Ethernet and wireless both worked fine with XP Since upgrading to Windows my wireless is fine but I can t connect to the internet via Ethernet Other computers in the house are connected to my router linksys WRT GL and work fine I ve set up an IP Windows 7: no internet via Ethernet connection, wireless is fine address manually like I have on the other computers with no luck Automatically setting it will not work either I m using Windows 7: no internet via Ethernet connection, wireless is fine just TCP IPv v is unchecked older router doesn t support it I ve played with just about everything I can think of and still no luck The strange thing is that when I try to load a website the data seems to trickle in for a second For example going to google com it will look like its loading but nothing will come up Then just the text will come up after maybe seconds but the logo ie graphics will not It will just hang there and time out Any normal webpage I visit will just sit on a blank screen then Firefox will report it s quot done quot at the bottom but nothing will be displayed I also cannot log-on to my router same problem it will not load the web interface page and will just time-out Under the quot Network and Sharing quot center everything appears to be fine It will say I am connected to my network and the diagnostics will not find anything wrong Still no internet Tried bypassing the router and plugging directly into the cable modem and this does not work either Drivers are up to date as far as I can tell Toshiba website indicates Windows inbox drivers are the latest for my computer s ethernet adapter Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 93.31%

I ve read the many posts about wired wireless problems involving Windows and Realtek PCIe NICs Here connection wired/wireless with Problems 7 Windows internet s what Problems with Windows 7 wired/wireless internet connection worked for me I have an HP TouchSmart notebook with Windows Premium connected to a Belkin Problems with Windows 7 wired/wireless internet connection Router through a switch Wireless worked fine but I wanted a cable connection twice the speed I kept getting the endless quot Identifying quot message followed by No Internet Access Went through all the driver tips Bonjour removal regedits static IP addresses spent about a week It obsessed me Then I happened Problems with Windows 7 wired/wireless internet connection to open the DHCP client list on the router page and noticed the HP appeared TWICE With two different MAC addresses Eureka That was it I m using MAC address filtering on the router and the wireless port has a different MAC address than the wired port I had entered the address only for the wireless port assuming it represented the entire machine Once I entered the MAC address for the wired port both obviously worked I noticed a lot of people trying many exotic things to fix the problem -- it might be nothing more exotic than this Moral beware your computer s secret identity nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-windows-7-wired-wireless-internet-connection.967527/
Relevancy 93.31%

My Mom's computer is a Asus BTO S1-P5G35 Series. running Windows Vista Home Premium Pentum Dual CPU E2200 at 2.2 GHz. It suddenly has not internet connectivity. The modem works because I am connected to it with the same ethernet cable that will not work with my Moms computer on this laptop. Under Network Adapters it shows a Microsoft 6to4 adapter not working because windows cannot download drivers required for the device (Code 31). I cannot find any drivers in my searches on the internet to download, if this is indeed the problem. Any insight you can give on solving this problem would be helpful. Thanks. A relative did try to restore the system to a few days ago when the internet was working. I had uninstalled the Microsoft 6to4 adapter hoping it would reinstall upon reboot and it did not. the error reappeared when the system was restored to a prior date.

A:No internet connection windows vista

Is the problem you are having related to the on-board NIC?

If so you should go to the Asus web site for drivers. However under normal condictions the on-board network adapter should work with native windows drivers.

You may want to check your settings in your BIOS set up utility, just for the fun of it, try loading system defaults in your BIOS and see if the problem goes away.

If this is not the case, then you should download the drivers from Asus and point your network adaptor to the installation file, by going to Device Manager, choosing the network adaptor and clicking update driver and point it to your installation file for your adaptor.

You could also try rolling that driver back in Device Manager as well, to see if rolling it back returns things back to normal again.

Bruce.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/340460/no-internet-connection-windows-vista/
Relevancy 93.31%

I recently purchased a sony vaio with vista and I connected to the internet, it says it is connected and when I go to anything internet related it does not work. I tryed several different things, also i can not add a printer to it either. It is a laptop that i am trying to connect to my internet.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-internet-connection-417610.html
Relevancy 92.88%

So after my Dell laptop automatically updated from Windows services the internet is suddenly not working anymore also my iTunes has problem of recognizing my iphone it totally ignores to Internet!! - Wireless Internet Solved: Connected Connection Cannot Access but when i plug my iphone in I wonder that updating my windows has affected the ability performance of my Dell It was working fine the day before and now all the sudden it Solved: Wireless Internet Connection - Connected but Cannot Access to Internet!! won t let me access to internet no more I use internet at my school s library sorry I m a low income studen I tried to removed all the stored internet profiles and reentered but it wouldnt change anything I also tried to come over my friend house and tried to connect to internet but the same problem happened Connected to internet but has no access I dont know know the information of the router modem etc but I have the ipconfig pingy thing and hijackthis I dont know this information is enough but please please help me I really need internet to do my hw Thanks you guys much much Here is the command thing Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Michael gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Michael-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - D-E - - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f f b e ab Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - -C - - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection ... Read more

A:Solved: Wireless Internet Connection - Connected but Cannot Access to Internet!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-internet-connection-connected-but-cannot-access-to-internet.858000/
Relevancy 92.88%

We've had no problems with our Internet before but yesterday I could only get local access connection. Neither my iPhone, laptop or home computer cud get any further than local connection on wireless.

I'v tried the classic turnin it off and on (the router) and I'v tried connection with a cable but still gettin the same connection level!
The router is a netgear if that means anything!
Everything is plugged so not sure what else to try! Any ideas?

A:Lost internet connection, only get local access

would you post the exact model of the netgear router - do you have a modem attached to it or does it plug into a phone line or to a cable supplied service ?

whats the status of all the lights on the front of the router

how are you posting here ?

have you contacted the ISP broadband supplier to make sure the service is still working to your home ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-connection-only-get-local-access.1046697/
Relevancy 92.88%

I seem to be having a problem on my other laptop which is a Connection Connected, Area No Internet Local Lenovo X Tablet PC running on Windows XP Up until a few days ago it worked perfectly just as the laptop I m on right now in terms of being able to connect to the internet The modem Local Area Connection Connected, No Internet was set up quite a while ago and I use it through an ethernet cable not currently using a router Anyway Local Area Connection Connected, No Internet the problem is now that Local Area Connection Connected, No Internet for whatever reason the Lenovo X isn t able to connect to the internet I plug in the ethernet cable it acquires the network address and it tells me that Local Area Connection is indeed connected Yet Firefox Windows Live Messenger etc none of them work Firefox says that it cannot find the server etc I have no idea what happened and this is rather sudden I had never installed any modem software on the Lenovo X It was introduced later than the Dell Inspiron that I am currently using yet it was able to connect just fine simply by plugging the ethernet cable in for the first time For whatever reason this laptop is unable to configure my router but the X can So that s basically my dilemma I can t configure the router without a working connection on the X and for whatever reason the X cannot connect Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 92.88%

Hello all,

I have a wired connection to the network of a student hall of residence. The network icon in the corner of the screen shows local access only (both IPv4 and IPv6 are shown as local). BUT I am fully able to browse any internet page, use Windows Live Messenger, Skype, etc.

But there are problems. Youtube videos won't load for love nor money, Skype conversations are a nightmare, I can't connect to my university VPN because it thinks I'm not connected to the internet...

Switching off IPv6 makes the connection fail. Because I'm in a hall of residence I can't change any network settings, all I can change is what I've got access to here on my laptop.

Any suggestions?

Thank-you.

A:Internet access local only - but I have full connection!

Do you routinely run antimalware and antivirus checks? If not, I would run SpyBot Search & Destroy, Malwarebytes, and MS Security Essentials to make sure you are not infected before proceeding.

After that, check your hard drive space on C:.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/266712-internet-access-local-only-but-i-have-full-connection.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi,
I'm using Vista on a HP Pavilion laptop and i'm having some problems with my internet connection. I know very little about computers and so struggle to follow much of the advice on these forums! Any help you can give would be really appreciated, and especially if it's in easy speak!
I'm trying to connect using an ethernet connection so it's not a problem with the wireless. The network and sharing centre shows that i'm connected to an unidentified local network but it isn't connecting through to the internet. Any ideas why not, and what I can do connect?
Thanks for any help.
Beth

A:Local Area Connection only, can't get internet. Any thoughts?

if you have a cable modem and/or router, disconnect them entirely, shut off your computer, then power up the modem/router, then restart the computer.
if you still cant connect, try deleting your network adapter from DEVICE MANAGER, then restart the computer and let windows reinstall the driver automatically.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/262207-local-area-connection-only-cant-get-internet-any-thoughts.html
Relevancy 92.88%

As said this randomly appears i have my "Network2" which connects to the internet then randomly. It's an Unidentified network. It connects for me and it also has problems when i'm playing an MMO b/c the server notices that something changed and disconnects me which is very annoying attached is a screenshot of this issue. Also the fix from m$ that most people show doesn't work as for some reason i don't have teh GUID key.

A:Unidentified Network Local and Internet connection

click on customise on the unidentified network, set it to private and your problem will be solved, only thing is, you need to do this everytime you start the connection.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/215852-unidentified-network-local-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hey everyone,

I have to connect through VPN for work so that I can RDP into my remote development machine, but their internet speed is painfully slow. Is there any way I can route my general internet browsing traffic through my local connection, while still maintaining the VPN connection to my remote box?

A:VPNs - any way to route internet through my local connection?

Yes. You have to have them to configure your VPN profile to allow for split tunneling. But don't be suprised if they say no as many organizations do not like to have open back doors into their networks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpns-any-way-to-route-internet-through-my-local-connection.1060694/
Relevancy 92.88%

Hello.
This is a very peculiar issue.
Ever since I upgraded to Vista, in order to connect to the Internet, I must disable and then enable Local Area Connection. I get the two computers icon, but no blue dot (Internet) and it says that I am connected to two different networks. There are two computers at my house, Internet shared through a Link Sys router. The other computer had XP, and no problems with connection to the internet. Now I have upgraded the second computer also to Vista and face the same issue again.
Any ideas how to solve this issue? I can not stand disabling/enabling every day.
Thank you.
Vindi

Relevancy 92.88%

I am having problems connecting to internet. In the Network Connection window there is no Local Area Connection icon. I have two computers and one laptop. My laptop can connect to my SSID but it keeps saying Unidentified and I cannot surf the web what so ever. This is really frusterating! Help. I am on a friend's computer and I have been searching many threads and I cannot fix my problem yet. I use DSL.

My laptop is windows vista and it has only SP1. I tried to upgrade to SP2, but It failed because no internet connection :O
I recently restored my laptop to an earlier restore point because It had the Blue Screen of Death
Thanks, please ask more questions if I am not clear. ^^

Relevancy 92.88%

Hi , i need to start by letting you know that iam not very good in english but iam trying my best you can still correct me it will be apprecied !

To start, 3 days ago all my neighbor and i lost the electricity for only 1 minute, after a restart of my tower computer, ive seen that i have a local only connection.

Then a checked with the cellphones and laptop, all the others are still connected to the internet

I already checked a lot of forum to solve this problem but all the guy stopped to answer or they just format to solve the problem

A also want to tell that my firewall is of (even if i know that is not the problem)

I really think it a dns problem ...

Screenshot for the ipconfig

Now i just have to want until a very nice guy can help me

Thank you for your time ,

Danny

A:Internet connection at local only after lost of power

169.254.xxx.xxx is an autoconfiguration IPv4 address when the host cannot receive a DHCP offer.

Can you please boot the machine into safe mode with networking and test connectivity to remove the possibility of a third party application being the cause.

Follow this tutorial - Safe Mode

Note
Please replace all references of 'Safe Mode' with 'Safe Mode with Networking'

Also, have you tried to restart your router? It may well be that your router is affected since it will be the DHCP server. Last resort would be to reset the router to factory settings and see if that resolves the issue.

Please post back your results!

Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/301618-internet-connection-local-only-after-lost-power.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi all,
I have had the worst time searching the internet trying to find ways to get my internet connected. i do not know what to do. yes its plugged in and all that

I dont seem to have a local area connection. under the net adapters it only shows 1394 net adapter.

also when i ipconfig it only populates windows xp configuration.

A:[SOLVED] No internet, no local area connection

Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. In the Device Manager do you see a yellow mark next to Network Adapters? If so then you must download the driver from your computer manufacturers support web site.
If There is no yellow mark and no other Network Adapters other then the 1394, then you need to go into the Bios and make sure the Ethernet/Network Adapter is Enabled. If you can't find that or it is enabled, then the hardware failed and you need to install a PCI NIC card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-no-internet-no-local-area-connection-524533.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I apologize for asking this question yet again because I know internet Windows delayed upon 64bit, wireless wake-up? to 7 connection a lot of people have had the same issue before I made this account specifically to ask for help After my computer wakes up from sleep mode it takes - minutes for it to successfully connect to the a wireless internet connection However when it's a fresh boot-up whether after a shutdown or restart it connects automatically I know it's not my router because it happens wherever I am not just at home i e college campus friends' houses etc I have reinstalled the drivers for my computer Intel R Wifi Link BGN deleted Windows 7 64bit, delayed connection to wireless internet upon wake-up? and rediscovered all of the wireless profiles and played around with permissions for the Wlansvc file someone said it fixed their problem I'm still getting the delay I'm at a loss and would really like the issue to be resolved I've been dealing with this since Aug and I've only had the laptop since July If anyone has any suggestions they're much appreciated and if you need additional information I'll supply what I can

A:Windows 7 64bit, delayed connection to wireless internet upon wake-up?

I actually had the same problem on my HP laptop at home. I solved it by updating wireless driver to newer version, but I see you've done this.

I recommend you try different driver versions, even if they are slightly older. Also check windows optional updates to see what it offers.

You can also take a look at your power options and turn off the ability for the OS to put the device to sleep. Also check device manager and look for the WLAN adapter. There should be power options there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/229771-windows-7-64bit-delayed-connection-wireless-internet-upon-wake-up.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello I ask Suddenly Connection on Wireless Windows 8 Working Internet Stopped that you please be patient with me as I am not very knowledgeable where computers are concerned So my wireless internet connection has been working completely fine on my Windows laptop up until a couple of days ago The wireless internet is working for all devices in my home except for the laptop I am currently typing this on my mobile phone When I try to diagnose the connection I get an error message that says quot Wi-Fi doesn t have a valid ip configuration quot I went into the Administrator Wireless Internet Connection Suddenly Stopped Working on Windows 8 Command Prompt and attempted an ipconfig renew as I have heard this solves the problem but I receive a message that says quot No operation can be performed Wireless Internet Connection Suddenly Stopped Working on Windows 8 on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected quot I Wireless Internet Connection Suddenly Stopped Working on Windows 8 have reset the computer but to no avail The internet connection icon on my taskbar shows me that I have a strong internet connection but when I mouse over it it says quot Unidentified Network No internet access quot I have also tried resetting the router Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Wireless Internet Connection Suddenly Stopped Working on Windows 8

The Local Area Connection would not interfere with the wireless as that's the Ethernet port. That message is normal.

Go into the Network and Sharing Center, then on the left side in the blue section choose change adapter settings.

Right click on the wireless network icon and choose properties.

Highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 and click properties. Make sure both sections are selected for Automatically Obtain IP/DNS address. If you had to change them, click OK then Close. Go back to command prompt and type ipconfig/all and post teh results here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-connection-suddenly-stopped-working-on-windows-8.1109355/
Relevancy 92.02%

I m currently using a Dell Inspiron running Windows Vista it shipped with XP but I upgraded Recently I got an Xbox but it s located at the opposite end of the house from my wireless router and rather than blow Connection wireless kills Internet Internet my Sharing on the microsoft wireless adapter I decided to connect it to the Internet through my laptop using ICS instead However whenever I plug my Xbox into my laptop and turn on ICS I lose my Internet connection completely Vista s Network Sharing Center claims that I m still connected to the Internet but I can t access any webpage and my router doesn t respond to ping and the only way to get my Internet access back is to restart my laptop At first I thought it was a driver issue but I installed the latest Vista drivers for both the ethernet controller and the wireless card but the problem did not go away Can anyone suggest some fixes nbsp

Relevancy 92.02%

In my house, I have my laptop on our wireless internet and I have one of my desktops on my wired internet. I don't want to have to spend my time or money and getting a wireless driver for it and with that I ran into a problem. For years my wired internet has worked the best out of all my computer, but now only my wireless signal is going out. I have the desktop plugged in to the router and everything. Just no internet? why? What can I do to fix it?

A:Solved: Wireless internet Connection, but no wired internet?

Double check the cable connections at both ends. Computer end and router end.

Turn off the router for 5 minutes. (unplug from power)

Shut down the computers. Both.

Plug the router back in.

Restart one computer at a time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-internet-connection-but-no-wired-internet.923287/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi
My friend has windows vista and they cannot connect to the internet. Their computer was repaired recently and since it came back the internet no longer works.
I have phoned their internet provider and go through all the options and still no luck with connection.

The modem is working fine and the computer is fine but we still can't connect to the internet.
The modem is cable.

Can anyone help please

A:Internet Connection Problem With Windows Vista

Have you rebooted the modem? I'm on cable and have to do that occasionally. Unplug the modem. Wait 30 seconds and then plug it back in.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/134887/internet-connection-problem-with-windows-vista/
Relevancy 92.02%

My internet in Windows Vista is not working It will allow chat in Steam but will not access Internet Vista issues, Windows connection other online content I had a Internet connection issues, Windows Vista full conversation with my sister on steam chat but could not load a google or ask window in my browser or browse further content on steam Steam would open in on-line mode but could not access the store Firefox could not access any online content I have not tried to access internet via other programs attached a DX diagnose from a week or two ago OS Windows Vista Home Premium dual boot with Linux Ubuntu My Ubuntu partition functions fine with all internet connections so it s not my hardware or the hardware or the router etc I m new to Windows Vista and am more familiar with XP so there might be something basic I m missing I ve tried different settings for the connections given under network setup in Vista selecting business public and home The internet worked at my house wireless connection which I don t have access to right now However it is not working in coffee shops and where I moved to - it might just have changed but I have no way of double checking my home network no longer works as it s hours away right now I recently added Hamachi client to connect with my sister s game I was wary of doing this as I THINK it sent me a virus to my XP system in the past are there any known virus that attack internet via java I also recently downloaded some content from Steam oblivion nbsp

Relevancy 92.02%

Will windows vista require an internet connection I greatly enjoy my offline computer which i control everything that goes on and of it But now technology is driving in a way in which it is virtually impossible to have a modern offline computer this is the reason i have avoided XP besides it being ultra unstable and a memory hog compared to Now with windows vista s release i will be two windows o s s behind the game and i doubt and modern computer hardware computer games will continue to support SO i was wondering is there a way that i could install windows vista when i comes out on my offline pc and just get all of my drivers and updates from my online pc burn them to a cd and transfer Windows internet connection Solved: vista them over to my offline vista pc Like i have been doing the past few years with my windows pc I really dont want to connect this pc to the internet because it would eventually slow my computer down with all the programs that suck the internet usage and because i would be exposed to hackers THnaks nbsp

Relevancy 92.02%

Please may someone advise me as to what I can do.

My HP laptop, windows vista (service pack 2) will not let me open most programs and refuses to load internet browser on normal mode, however when I start the computer up on safe mode with networking, it allows me to use the internet browser and the problem with opening programs seems to be eliminated. I have tried 2 system restores which has made no difference, and I have tried deleting unwanted programs under control panel but am unable to do this on normal mode as I cannot open any windows and cannot do it under safe mode. There seems to be an issue with my virus software (I use Windows Live One Care) and a few days ago it randomly stopped working and now refuses to let me open it, uninstall it, or reinstall it.
What is the problem? Thank you.

Relevancy 92.02%

i have a toshiba laptop on a wireless internet connection , and it keep dropping the connection or giving me a limited internet connection , so i need to disconnect and reconnect all the time .
thats happening with different ISP and different routers .
thanks

A:limited internet connection windows vista

Are you connected to different ISPs and routers at the same time or did you mean that it was happening before you changed and it is still happening after you changed but you are using only one ISP and connecting to only one router? Simultaneously connecting to more than one could cause some networking problems (perhaps the one you're experiencing). If that is the case, why are you using multiple ISPs and/or routers? We'll need more information about your setup if you are using multiple ISPs or multiple routers at the same time (but I suspect that's not what you meant). If not, proceed on.

You may be having troubles with your device drivers, firmware, and/or software. Go to Device Manager by going to start / search box and type device manager and enter and then double-click on the program icon that appears. Check each device for a red x, yellow ! or white ?. These identify devices with problems (probably drivers, but also conflicts or something else). Click on each for further details and troubleshooting tips. If you need to get drivers (and you should do so for at least your wireless device and any other network hardware on your computer and any others you have time to do - they may help in ways beyond just resolving this problem), do so from the computer vendor or device manufacturer (NOT from Microsoft Updates). In fact, you should turn off automatic driver updates from Windows Update as follows: http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-disable-automatic-driver-installation-in-windows-vista/. Proceed as follows to get the drivers: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/driverssupport/ht/driverdlmfgr.htm. Once you have the drivers, you can install them through Device Manager as follows: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/193584-device-manager-install-driver.html.

If that doesn't help, try rebuilding the TCP/IP Stack. Reinstall and Reset TCP/IP (Internet Protocol) in Windows Vista, 2003 and XP .

If that doesn't work, then I recommend you totally remove all the wireless connections from your laptop (after writing down the necessary settings information) and then reset up the wireless connection as if it were a brand new computer. Perhaps you missed a step or used an incorrect setting and re-doing it will solve the problem.

Before doing that (and to make sure you don't make the same mistake again if that is the problem), I suggest you read or review the following articles which may help you with the setup and may identify what you are doing or not doing that may be causing this problem:

Here's an article on troubleshooting wireless network connections (again with helpful links): http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-network-connection-problems.

Here's a long guide on wireless internet connections in Vista: http://www.techwarelabs.com/guides/misc_mod/vistaconnection/.

Here's an article on how to setup wireless internet connection in Vista: http://www.clpgh.org/usingthelibrary/technology/wireless/WindowsVista.pdf.

I hope this helps. If not, post back and we'll try to examine some other options and try to identify the cause and resolve it. At this point it could be many differnent things (including malware or even defective hardware like a bad wireless card for example) and so we may need to do a number of general troublshooting steps - but hopefully one of the above will resolve the problem and that won't be necessary. But we'll do whatever it takes to help you resolve this. Let us know how the above worked (or didn't work) and give us any additional details about the situation that you can (like exactly how you setup the connections and what settings you used). The more we know, the better we can help you.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/282611-limited-internet-connection-windows-vista.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Upgraded HP Pavillion (AMD) running Vista Premium to 7 Premium and I have no internet connection. It connects to my Belkin (N) router but the computer states the device will not allow access. I have tried a direct connection with bypassing the router and using a wired connection to my modem, no success. Encountered this problem when runnig Vista after an update, simply used a restore point and didn,t allow updates and I was able maintain a connection. I had hoped the upgrade would correct the problem.

A:Windows 7 upgrade (Vista) no internet connection

Welcome to TSF

Is this laptop or desktop? Have you tried to roll back the driver?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-upgrade-vista-no-internet-connection-500470.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi, I use Windows Vista Business Edition and I have found a problem connecting to my workplace.
I want to use my wireless connection to connect to the internet but use a network printer connected via ethernet cable. However, everytime I connect my ethernet cable wire, my computer automatically selects the broadband connection for internet. Of course there is no internet connection through my printer router.

My question is, is there a way to select preferred internet source such that I can tell my windows to connect via wireless network and still be able to use my ethernet cable for just printer and file sharing.

I used to know how to do this with xp but have no idea how it works with Vista

Thanks for all the inputs.

A:Windows Vista Preferred Internet Connection

Probably the same way with Vista--should be no Default Gateway on the ethernet connection (DNS not needed either).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-preferred-internet-connection.622584/
Relevancy 92.02%

I have a windows vista system that is a laptop and has a wifi connection and an Ethernet port I am trying use ICS Internet Internet between 7 Windows Vista Sharing Connection help and Connection Sharing from my windows vista laptop to get internet onto my windows desktop I plugged my Internet Connection Sharing help between Vista and Windows 7 crossover cable to both of the systems and I turn on sharing on my vista wireless card but nothing happens ipconfig windows vista Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe af de e a a IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway ipconfig windows Ethernet adapter Local Area Internet Connection Sharing help between Vista and Windows 7 Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe e c a ab b fc Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway fe af de e a a I noticed that on the windows pc the IPv address is x x instead of the usual x x and the Subnet Mask is Does this make a big difference And how would I fix this problem Thanks in advance

A:Internet Connection Sharing help between Vista and Windows 7

Ipconfig on vista should give 2 ip addresses!! 1 for LAN and one for wireless. Post both. Also both subnet masks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/289174-internet-connection-sharing-help-between-vista-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I'm on a Windows Vista 32-bit (HP Pavilion dv6) and since a few days, it won't connect to the internet anymore;

- Not directly onto the modem
- Not directly onto the router
- Not wireless via the router

Only thing that works is tethering via my phone (Android), so the 'internet goes' like this
modem -> router -> mobile phone -> laptop

That's just the lamest solution, though I can't think if what else to do atm.

My old computer (XP) is capable of connecting to the internet (wired to the router) and obviously my phone is capable of connecting wireless, otherwise I couldn't even come here.

Thanks in advance for any help..
Also, since I'm still able to tether, I guess Teamviewer should still work.. could come in handy?

A:Windows Vista - NO connection to internet whatsoever

can we see an ipconfig /all and device manager screen shot

have you also carried out a full power cycle

ipconfig /all

to do that:
Next
Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager

windows key and pause Key should open to allow device manager to be seen on laptops may need to use windows key + FN key + Pause Key
if not then

Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

How to power cycle

“power cycle” process to reboot or reset the modem/router

Switch off all the devices modem, router and computers also unplug their power cables.
Wait at least 30 seconds.
Plug the power cords back in, but don’t switch them on.
First turn on the modem and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Next switch on the router (if a seperate device ) and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Now turn on your computer, You should now be able to access the Internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-no-connection-to-internet-whatsoever.1025294/
Relevancy 92.02%

So, I usually acess internet on Wi-Fi, and now I have travelled, and got my laptop with me. The internet here is Local Are Connection, the one with the cable, and it says I am connected, 100 Mbps, but no internet access! I can't browse or open anything that has to do with the internet... However, It works perfectly fine on EVERY other laptop. What is the problem?
I've searched a lot of places and I've been told to write commands like
ipconfig/ all
andd
netsh int ip reset.log
but when I do that I get "The following command was not found : int ip reset.log"
I set the properties in TCP/IP to Automatically detect settings .. but nothing.
I REALLY need help because my exams are coming up, and I REALLY REALLY REALLY need my laptop and internet to study! Helppp!

A:Local area connection connected, but no internet access. HELP HELP HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-connected-but-no-internet-access-help-help-help.1003464/
Relevancy 92.02%

Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2 Build 6002
Communications Dell Wireless 1390 Wlan Mini Card Rev 3.6
McAfee Virus Scan Ver 99.9.99 McAfee Firewall Ver 10.15.106.0
Router Cradel Point MBR-1000
Ran Connection Dagnostics all ok except Internet IP Ping Failed

Error message.
The wireless router/ap for your network is working but your computer is not able to use an ip address to connect to the internet. You will not be able to connect to the internet although you might be able to connect to your local network. Contact your network administrator or wireless,ap installer for assistance.

I can use this pc wireless on other routers with no problems.
I can connect to internet using ethernet cable connected to the Cradle Point router

Any help graeat appreciated.

Relevancy 92.02%

Hi, I just installed windows xp professional version 2002 (corporate) sp2 on my computer.
My problem is that i can't get the internet to work. its worked on the same computer before. I go to my network places and the only connection i have is 1394 connection, when i try to repair this it says; windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed; Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection. cannot proceed. And i cant find the local area connection. Ive been googleing around and it seems that i have to install the TCP/IP protocol, but when i try this it says that i don't have the drivers for it. If this is the problem, that i haven't installed the wright drivers, how do i do that and where do i get them? If not, what do i do?

Please help me

Relevancy 92.02%

Hello My Windows desktop computer suddenly cannot get No connection internet? Cannot - the access get area network on local on the internet It's connected via an ethernet cable and was working fine until this morning It says it is connected to an quot unidentified network quot which is public but that there is no network access When I look at the local area connection's settings it says no network access for both IPv connectivity and IPv connectivity Activity says packets are being sent but not received nbsp ipconfig all results are posted below Windows IP Configuration Host Name user-PCPrimary Dns Suffix lt blank gt Node Type hybridIP Routing Enabled NoWINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom Netlink No network access local area connection - Cannot get on the internet? Gigabit EthernetPhysical Address - - -C - - DDHCP Enabled YesAutoconfiguration Enabled YesLink-Local IPv Address lt not sure if necessary to post gt Autoconfiguration IPv Address - Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway lt blank gt DHCPv IAID lt not sure if necessary to post gt DHCPv Client DUID nbsp nbsp lt not sure if necessary to post gt DNS Serves nbsp nbsp lt not sure if necessary to post strings of numbers letters gt NetBIOS over Tcpip enabled Tunnel adapter isatap and Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-interface both say media state is disconnected I can type out the ipconfig results for those if it's necessary Would've posted a photo but didn't feel like waiting for a verification so hopefully it's easy enough to read the results Any help would be appreciated Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/62aeaf66-d143-4040-be4a-e3ed1552afee/no-network-access-local-area-connection-cannot-get-on-the-internet?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 92.02%

hello! please help me with my problem, i dont know what else to do..

i have a prolink hurricane 5200 modem provided by my isp. it can only be connected to one computer at a time, so i decided to buy a router so that my siblings and i can use it at the same time. yesterday i bought a TPlink router (wr941nd), at followed the instructions given, but at most my computer only has a local connection.

i dont know what to do anymore. i tried following the power cycle tips, inputed my PPPoE password, but to no avail. what else can i do? i think there;s something blocking the router from completely accessing the internet, but i dont know what is.

please help me! thank you so much!

ps. im using windows vista, but i also tried configuring the router using windows xp, to no avail... thanks!

A:TP-LINK wr941nd has local connection only, not connecting to the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tp-link-wr941nd-has-local-connection-only-not-connecting-to-the-internet.850535/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi My wife No with Area adapter Local internet Ethernet Connection has just bought a Vista Home Premium Laptop but she s having problems connecting to the internet at work She can connect at home no problem using her wireless connection When at work however she has to plug in a cable into her laptop Unfortunately there is no connection when she does this When hovering over the icon all I can see is something like Local Only and Identifying I ve tried disabling and enabling the adapter in Manage Network Connections and I ve tried unticking the No internet with Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection IPv in the properties for it When right-clicking No internet with Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection on the icon in the system tray if I select Diagnose and Repair it gets about half-way before suggesting it tries to reconfigure the IP settings Trying that results in it suggesting I reset No internet with Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection the Network Adapter while trying that returns to the suggestion that I reconfigure the IP settings again On her old XP laptop she just plugged the cable in and had internet access I ve checked other computers in the office and they have no LAN settings applied so I don t think it s that Here s what s found with ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Portman gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Kate Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless Wireless-N WLAN Mini-C ard Physical Address - - D- A- -CC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - - -FC-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b ab a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FAC CA-E B - DF-B A -DBFECAB D br br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Portman gt Click to expand Please help Clive nbsp

Relevancy 92.02%

How do I connect to internet using Local Area connection? I only access internet via wireless connection. With Local Area connection, IPv4 and IPv6 do not have internet access.

Connection-specific DNS Suffix:
Description: Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller
Physical Address: ‎00-25-64-6C-2F-D8
DHCP Enabled: No
IPv4 Address: 172.16.70.120
IPv4 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
IPv4 Default Gateway: 172.16.70.1
IPv4 DNS Server: 172.16.70.10
IPv4 WINS Server:
NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled: Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address: fe80::36:1641:a5c7:8968%11
IPv6 Default Gateway:
IPv6 DNS Server:

Relevancy 92.02%

For awhile, my laptop was sluggish and I would get random pop-ups. Scans with Malware showed nothing, but I wasn't able to update it or anything else. I got the latest version of Malware on my laptop and it found over 40 viruses. It removed the viruses, but now I can't use the internet. Firefox and AIM fail to connect. Local Area Connection reads "Connected". My router and IP settings are good. Any help would be appreciated.

Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Fujitsu Computer Systems
Mobile Intel?
Pentium? 4 CPU 3.20GHz
1.86 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/378451/local-area-connection-connected-but-no-internet-access/