Windows Support Forum

How To Enable Firewall For Windows Xp Pro On A Laptop

Q: How To Enable Firewall For Windows Xp Pro On A Laptop

Hi I am in the process of cleaning up my home network which has been infiltrated by Antivirus Thanks to Da Chew and beepme I am making good progress with that As the next step I am about to cleanup my laptop Before doing so I wanted to turn Microsoft s own firewall on When I followed the instructions till I get to the dialogue box with my different network options on it there are three possibilities shown One is for something called quot connection quot Please can someone tell me how to find out what this is The other two are for a wireless network with a red cross because we don t have that or use that capability and the other is for the lan which we have this computer linked into at home I A How Laptop On Firewall Windows Enable Pro For To Xp have already enabled the microsoft firewall for How To Enable Firewall For Windows Xp Pro On A Laptop two other computers running windows xp but the dialogu boxes here are different as it is xp professsional Hope I ve covered everything I need to here Thanks for your help Gerald

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How To Enable Firewall For Windows Xp Pro On A Laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How To Enable Firewall For Windows Xp Pro On A Laptop

1394 connection:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307736If you don't have two or more computers connected through this port (with a firewire type cable) then you are not using it and I wouldn't worry about it. The wireless connection that you are not using (wouldn't worry about it either). The firewall should most definately be set-up on your LAN...This is where you are connected to the internet.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/151321/how-to-enable-firewall-for-windows-xp-pro-on-a-laptop/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello I recently started receiving Windows explorer has stopped working messages and if I browsed the net it would always switch to using a proxy instead of wifi I did a full scan with both Symantec and Malwarebytes can't infected, firewall antivirus/windows Laptop enable but both results showed there was no malicious item I now also get messages indicating that my antivirus - Symantec Endpoint protection and Windows firewall has been disabled but I cannot enable them Today I switched on my laptop and was prompted to check one of my disks for consistency first before it went to the usual start up screen I can't plug in flashdrives to my computer because the file folders would start being changed to shortcuts etc and files would start disappearing I couldn't run DDS in normal mode because it either wouldn't respond or would close immediately after opening I was only able to run DDS in safemode with networking Below are the logs Many thanks in advance for your help DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Laptop infected, can't enable antivirus/windows firewall NETWORK Internet Explorer Run by Kim at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV Symantec Endpoint Protection Disabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Symantec Endpoint Protection Disabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Bin ccSvcHst exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Bin ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Bin Smc exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp sg yahoo com p us uProxyServer proxy starhub net sg BHO ContributeBHO Class C DC - - A A- D-C C - C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS Plugins IEPlugin contributeieplugin dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Bin IPS IPSBHO dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GROOVEEX DLL BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO EgisPBIE Class B CCBE- AF - A -BDAB-D F E C E F - C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP SimplePass Identity Protection EgisPBIE dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office URLREDIR DLL BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO HP Network Check Helper E FD -C BA- DCB- F - BD ADE - C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework Resources HPNetworkCheck HPNetworkCheckPlugin dll TB Contribute Toolbar BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS Plugins IEPlugin contributeieplugin dll uRun Google Update C Users Kim AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe c uRun C Users Kim AppData Roaming js mRun StartCCC C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe MSRun mRun IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe mRun EgisTecPMMUpdate C Program Files x EgisTec IPS PmmUpdate exe mRun EgisUpdate C Program Files x EgisTec IPS EgisUpdate exe -d mRun VitaKeyTSR C Program... Read more

A:Laptop infected, can't enable antivirus/windows firewall

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully. First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding. Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one. If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem. Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me. Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts. If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed. Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean. My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.    Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from here Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit and save it to your desktop.Be sure to print out and follow the instructions provided on that same page.Caution: This is a beta version so please be sure to read the disclaimer and back up any important data before using.Double click the mbar.zip file to open it, then 'Extract all files'.Double click the mbar folder to open it, then double click mbar.exe to start the tool.Check for Updates, then Scan your system for malwareIf malware is found, do NOT press the Cleanup button yet. Click EXIT.I'd like to see the log first so I can see what it sees. You'll find the log in that mbar folder as MBAR-log-***.txt . Please attach that to your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500160/laptop-infected-cant-enable-antiviruswindows-firewall/
Relevancy 62.78%

At startup, I get a balloon in the lower right corner saying that Windows Firewall is turned off and "Your computer may be at risk." It says to click the balloon to fix. This opens the Security Center where there is a notice that the firewall is turned off, and to click the "Enable Firewall" button. Then it says it cannot do this and to go the Control Panel and click the Firewall icon. Then an message comes up saying "Due to an unidentified problem windows firewall settings cannot be displayed."

I was trying to follow the instructions to remove spyware, but enabling the firewall is part of the procedure.

I am using a Dell E6500 with Windows XP.

I hope that this information is sufficient.

Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/275255/cannot-enable-windows-firewall/
Relevancy 62.78%

I got a spyware infection yesterday and I have just cleaned my system Suddenly the system tray icon for Windows Security Alerts pops up a enable Windows won't (ICS) Firewall message that I don t have a firewall Windows Firewall (ICS) won't enable active and that I am at risk I clicked on the icon and tried to enable Windows Firewall It said that it cannot do it from there and that I should enable if via the control panel - Firewall icon When I did it gives me a message Windows Firewall (ICS) won't enable that Windows Firewall (ICS) won't enable quot Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running Do youwant to start the Windows Firewall ICS Service quot I click YES and then I get the message that quot windows cannot start the Windows Firewall ICS service Now I have questions What went wrong that the ICS service won t work and how do I get it to work I run a wireless router network at home on this laptop I have the Linksys Router s Firewall enabled and I also have MAC Address Security set up Do I also need to have Windows Native Firewall Security ON as well I have had the wireless setup running for almost a year and I am still a little confused about Firewalls and internet security no matter how many articles I read on the topic It seems that with all the layers of security I shouldn t get anything infected but they still do and the only thing that can t get thru the layers seems to be my office emails Not only do I have the Router Firewall up I had Windows Firewall enabled and I run Norton Antivirus weekly Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-firewall-ics-wont-enable.309797/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello I am having a problem with my computer running Windows XP Home Sp installed Windows Security Essentials as antivirus automatic updates enabled Problem Windows firewall seems down When I open my Security Center and click on the firewall icon I get this message Message Box named 'Windows-Firewall' Original message Aufgrund eines unbekannten Problems k nnen die Einstellungen des Windows-Firewalls nicht angezeigt werden Message as translated from German 'Due to an unknown problem Windows-Firewall settings cannot be displayed' Controls okay-button As far as I can see as yet there is no other malfunction on my system just this firewall problem History Yesterday I had run a Malwarebytes quick scan which identified infected files see log below I clicked repair which deleted three of them and put two in quarantine Later in the evening I noticed the WSE icon being red in the status bar indicating PC-status risc much internet traffic going on that I did not start - WSE-window indicated online-protection off firewall down - Could activate neither WSE nor firewall in WSE-Window This window seemed somewhat dead like not accepting my mouse input - WindowsSecurity center gave me the above message when I tried to enable firewall - Thought installation of WSE might be corrupted trying to download from MS failed errormessage saying WSE allready installed on my system - Disconnected computer from the internet uninstalled WSE by way of control panel - hooked up to the internet again successfully downloaded and installed WSE status green now - but still firewall cannot be enabled see above From the Windows XP-Forum here I got the advice to install netfw inf as detailed in MS Knowledge base No improvement Here is the Malwarebytes-log Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www Cannot Firewall enable Windows malwarebytes org Datenbank Version v Windows XP Service Pack x NTFS Internet Explorer Aust Cannot enable Windows Firewall AUST-Q HX CC TV Administrator mbam-log- - - - - txt Art des Suchlaufs Quick-Scan Aktivierte Suchlaufeinstellungen Speicher Autostart Registrierung Dateisystem Heuristiks Extra HeuristiKs Shuriken PUP PUM Deaktivierte Suchlaufeinstellungen P P Durchsuchte Objekte Laufzeit Minute n Sekunde n Infizierte Speicherprozesse Keine b sartigen Objekte gefunden Infizierte Speichermodule Keine b sartigen Cannot enable Windows Firewall Objekte gefunden Infizierte Registrierungsschl ssel Keine b sartigen Objekte gefunden Infizierte Registrierungswerte Keine b sartigen Objekte gefunden Infizierte Dateiobjekte der Registrierung HKCR CLSID FCA - D- A -ACDA-D A F F InProcServer Trojan Access - gt B sartig Cannot enable Windows Firewall C RECYCLER S- - - e eb ad fd f bc e f n Gut fastprox dll - gt Erfolgreich ersetzt und in Quarant ne gestellt HKCR CLSID FBEB A -BEEE- - E- D C E InProcServer Trojan Access - gt B sartig C RECYCLER S- - - - - - - e eb ad fd f bc e f n Gut shell dll - gt Erfolgreich ersetzt und in Quarant ne gestellt Infizierte Verzeichnisse Keine b sartigen Objekte gefunden Infizierte Dateien C RECYCLER S- - - e eb ad fd f bc e f n Trojan Access - gt L schen bei Neustart C RECYCLER S- - - - - - - e eb ad fd f bc e f n Trojan Access - gt L schen bei Neustart C WINDOWS assembly GAC Desktop ini Rootkit access - gt L schen bei Neustart Ende Thanks in advance Norbert

A:Cannot enable Windows Firewall

Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your DesktopDoubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters

Check Loaded Modules  and Detect TDLFS file system.  Do not check Verify file digital signatures (even though it is checked in the example)If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now

Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run

If threats are detected select Skip for all of them unless I instruct you otherwiseClick Continue

Click Reboot computerPlease post the contents of  TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt found in your root directory (typically c:\)in your reply===================================================aswMBR--------------------Download aswMBR and save it to your desktop.
Please disable your real time protection of any Antivirus, Antispyware or Antimalware programs temporarily. They will interfere and may cause unexpected results.If you need help to disable your protection programs see here and here.Double click the aswMBR.exe file to run it. Please allow when you are asked to download AVAST antivirus engine defs.Wait until the AV update is done, then click on the Scan button to start. The program will launch a scan.

When done, you will see Scan finished successfully. Please click on Save log and save the file to your desktop.

Please post the contents of the log in your next reply.NOTE:  aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.===================================================ESET Online Scanner--------------------I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan  This process may may take several hours, that is normalHold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the   button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)

Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.
Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:

Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, click List ThreatsCopy and paste the information in your next reply.   Note:  If no malware was found you will not get a log.Click the Back button.Click the Finish button.===================================================Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste the information rather than send an attachment. TDSSKiller logaswMBR logESET results 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485361/cannot-enable-windows-firewall/
Relevancy 62.78%

I was hoping the good people at this forum could help me out. You rescued my PC about 4 months ago and I now have another problem: the windows firewall cannot be enabled. I think my son may have downloaded malware, which I got rid of using Malawarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware. However the problem still exists- no firewall. Appreciate whatever you can do. Running a 7 year old Dell desktop PC with WinXP, Service Pack 3. Thanks

A:Cannot Enable Windows Firewall

Run this scan:Please print out and follow these instructions: "How to use SDFix". This program is for Windows 2000/XP ONLY.When using this tool, you must use the Administrator's account or an account with "Administrative rights"Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any real time protection programs before performing a scan.When done, the SDFix report log will open in notepad and automatically be saved in the SDFix folder as Report.txt.If SDFix is unable to run after rebooting from Safe Mode, run SDFix in either Mode, and type F, then press Enter for it to finish the final stage and produce the report.Please copy and paste the contents of Report.txt in your next reply.Be sure to renable you anti-virus and and other security programs before connecting to the Internet.-- If the computer has been infected with the VirusAlert! malware warning from the clock and the Start Menu icons or drives are not visible, open the SDFix folder, right-click on either the XP_VirusAlert_Repair.inf or W2K VirusAlert_Repair.inf (depending on your version of Windows) and select Install from the Context menu. Then reboot to apply the changes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/241897/cannot-enable-windows-firewall/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello,

yesterday i discovered that i had a virus on my pc and downloaded microsoft security essentials .
That software found some viruses and got them deleted .
after i restarted my pc a little balloon pop up with the message that windows firewall is not turned on.
So i try to turn it on but the service won't start .
And because that service wont start my internet connection also wont start , i cant even find the connection in my control panel.
I have researched like whole day today tried allot of stuff and noting seems to work.
I really do do not want to reinstall windows because i know there must be a solution.
Please help me !!!

A:Windows Firewall (ICS) won't enable

Are you certain that all viruses / spyware have been removed? I would run more than just Microsoft software to remove them if I were you. I have never seen one software package detect and repair every infection. Obviously you have access with another computer to the Internet so get a flash drive and download some free tools like "Spybot Search and Destroy", "Super Anti-Spyware Pro", and "Adaware" and maybe "Avira" or "Avast" antivirus packages. Then, start your computer in safe mode by hitting F8 when booting up. Install the programs from you flash drive. Run them individually and see what comes up.

You could also do a repair install with your XP disk. Probably would be a lot faster to fix the symptoms. I would personally want to run the scans though to be certain the machine is not still infected. It's a painfully slow process to be thorough, but infections can be difficult sometimes.

Hope this helps.

Karaokeman

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-firewall-ics-wont-enable-495794.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Uninstalled Mcafee suite when expired, used add/remove programs and MCPR.exe. I go to control panel > windows firewall > green shield with check mark is not highlighted and will not allow me to check. At the top of the page It says: For your security some settings are controlled by Group Policy. also performed the following steps:

1. Open My Computer, double-click on Drive C
2. Double-click on Program Files
3. Look for any McAfee product folders that remain. Right-click on them and choose Delete
4. Close My Computer and other folders

I am using Windows XP home edition SP2
I currently have PC Tools Spyware Doctor with Anti-virus installed, as far as I can tell there is no firewall included.

I don't know where to go with this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil

A:Windows Firewall Will Not Enable

Are you on an administrator account?

Also, a wise alternate would be to completely forget about Windows Firewall and go with something better like COMODO Firewall PRO or ZoneAlarm. Windows Firewall only blocks incoming connections but not outgoing which can make it useless aa that is an easy way for your hardware settings/ PC usage and many important things to be transfered by malware.

Regards,
David.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/139411/windows-firewall-will-not-enable/
Relevancy 62.35%

I cannot disable or enable my Windows Firewall. It doesn't make any sense! I am useing an Administrator Account and I am useing a Router and a Modem.

This image shows what the screen looks like trying to switch my Firewall:
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9779/thejd9.png

HELP!

A:I Cant Enable Or Disable My Windows Firewall!

Geek49, you have just posted multiple threads within the last hour, it seems your system is in need of some help and we will try to help you. But, we cannot possibly keep track of all your issues unless they are in 1 thread. It makes it so much easier to help you.

Plz follow my instruction on the 5 step thread to removing malware.

This thread will now be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-cant-enable-or-disable-my-windows-firewall-111009.html
Relevancy 62.35%
Relevancy 62.35%

I have managed to set up my wireless connection now both machines are constantly connected with wireless cards to my Vigor wireless router It appeard to work fine I have not yet managed to share files but that is next on the list My question is in order to allow my kids to use windows messenger I had to turn off the firewall that comes with the router Im sure this is a bad thing but I cannot find simple instructions to let me turn it on I got a link to some info but I could not locate the settings it referred to It cant be too hard any help appreciated Also I used firewall with messenger Enable windows the settings and transfer wisard in xp when I put in a new HD in Enable firewall with windows messenger my kids machine and said yes to all files and settings I was hoping that everything would transfer but no such luck I have had to reinstall most stuff The other HD is still there set to slave where are the settings hidden as Im going to have to do the same to mine if I ever get the replacement Asus board from dabs Do I need to get something like Ghost to do what I am trying nbsp

A:Enable firewall with windows messenger

I think you just need to enable the port that MSN Messenger uses in your router firewall. I'm not exactly sure right now as to which one that is, but when I have more time I will search for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/enable-firewall-with-windows-messenger.4379/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello guys,

every time that i disconnect from internet, Windows Firewall will be down (off). i want to enable it for ever. how can do this?

Sorry for my english,
Alireza

A:How to enable Windows Firewall forever?

Welcome.

What antivirus product are you using? It is my hunch it includes a firewall and is disabling the Windows Firewall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/66734-how-enable-windows-firewall-forever.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi TSF
My problem today is that i can't enable my windows firewall yesterday it was working fine but today it says "Due to an unidentified problem, Windows cannot display Windows Firewall settings. please help"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cnat-enable-windows-firewall-316369.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Currently I'm running windows 7 64 bit, emachines. The problem I'm experiencing with windows firewall. I had it disabled it after installed the Comodo Internet Security and now I want it back so I tried to enabled it but can't enable it all I'm getting is an Error code 0x80070422. But the windows automatic update is enabled and it's in working order. I uninstalled CIS and then enabling the windows firewall but it didn't work and I don't know what else I could do. Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:[SOLVED] Can't enable windows 7 firewall

Fixed it. Start> type services> scroll down to Windows Firewall> right click> properties> startup type drop down manu click on the automatic apply ok. Mods you can lock this thread, thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-cant-enable-windows-7-firewall-498695.html
Relevancy 62.35%

pls help!!!
i cant turn on my windows firewall, it says that 'for security, some settings are c0ntrolled by group policy'. the options are greyed out. ive seen this problem on other threads but the solutions dont seem to work

A:Solved: Can't Enable Windows Firewall

Keep it turned off mate and forget all about it as it's crap.
Instead consider Zone Alarm as a firewall or others that people may mention.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-enable-windows-firewall.481151/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,
Will it be enough if i just enable the firewall on both private and public without making any additional settings.
Now even your network settings are attacked by programs from computers as well as routers. What are the additional settings that could be applied to default firewall settings to get secured browsing experience and could get protection from hackers and other commercial crooks, who invade the dns nowadays.
I also want that i do not want any abnormal behaviour when i set the settings tightly

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/391166-enough-if-enable-windows-firewall-both-home-public.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I cannot enable either the Windows Firewall or the Automatic Updates Each time I try I get this error message quot For your security some settings are controlled by Group Policy quot I followed the instructions in the tutorial about how to configure the firewall and there is no checkbox by quot Protect my computer from quot when I click on the Advanced tab I m totally locked out All I get is the quot Group Policy quot error message I have Malwarebytes and Spybot installed and update and run each of them weekly I also have McAfee Security Center installed through Comcast my service provider I think that I have tracked it down to somewhere in the registry but that s Firewall Windows Updates or enable Automatic Cannot as far as I ve been able to get The IT at work says running ComboFix should help clear things up Is he right If so how do I download ComboFix Do I need to uninstall McAfee if I do Any suggestions Thanks spedlady

A:Cannot enable Windows Firewall or Automatic Updates

The IT at work says running ComboFix should help clear things up. Is he right?Hi spedlady52 -In my opinion "Not unless supervised by an expert" - Combofix is not like Malwarebytes or SUPERAntiSpyware , where you just install , update and off you go -It is a special Tool that is used only in special cases once an expert knows your history and exact problem -It also needs to be fully uninstalled after use -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364934/cannot-enable-windows-firewall-or-automatic-updates/
Relevancy 61.49%

how to enable firewall in windows xp home edition service pack 3 it is disabled by group policy i tried to enable it i got the message that it is not monitored please help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-enable-firewall-in-windows-xp-home-edition.950130/
Relevancy 61.06%

What is the command to change the action = allow the connection or block the connection of an existing firewall rule already set in outbound rules, lets say the name of that rule is "X", how can i do this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/396660-how-enable-disable-windows-firewall-rule-cmd-prompt.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Running Rkill and MBAM doesn't remove this issue Rkill log is this Rkill by enable to ZeroAccess windows unable firewall with and Infected Lawrence Abrams Grinler http www bleepingcomputer com Copyright - BleepingComputer com More Information about Rkill can be found at this link http www bleepingcomputer Infected with ZeroAccess and unable to enable windows firewall com forums topic html Program started at AM in x mode Windows Version Windows Ultimate Service Pack Checking for Windows services to stop No malware services found to stop Checking for Infected with ZeroAccess and unable to enable windows firewall processes to terminate No malware processes found to kill Checking Registry for malware related settings No issues found in the Registry Resetting EXE COM amp BAT associations in the Windows Registry Performing miscellaneous checks Windows Defender Infected with ZeroAccess and unable to enable windows firewall Disabled HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Defender DisableAntiSpyware dword ALERT ZEROACCESS Reparse Point Junction found C Program Files Windows Defender en-US gt c windows system config Dir C Program Files Windows Defender MpAsDesc dll gt c windows system config File C Program Files Windows Defender MpClient dll gt c windows system config File C Program Files Windows Defender MpCmdRun exe gt c windows system config File C Program Files Windows Defender MpCommu dll gt c windows system config File C Program Files Windows Defender MpEvMsg dll gt c windows system config File C Program Files Windows Defender MpOAV dll gt c windows system config File C Program Files Windows Defender MpRTP dll gt c windows system config File C Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll gt c windows system config File C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe gt c windows system config File C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpCom dll gt c windows system config File C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpLics dll gt c windows system config File C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpRes dll gt c windows system config File C Windows winsxs amd security-malware-windows-defender-events bf ad e none cf dcd a dea MpEvMsg dll gt c windows system config File C Windows winsxs amd security-malware-windows-defender bf ad e none b e b ecea MpAsDesc dll gt c windows system config File C Windows winsxs amd security-malware-windows-defender bf ad e none b e b ecea MpClient dll gt c windows system config File C Windows winsxs amd security-malware-windows-defender bf ad e none b e b ecea MpCmdRun exe gt c windows system config File C Windows winsxs amd security-malware-windows-defender bf ad e none b e b ecea MpCommu dll gt c windows system config File C Windows winsxs amd security-malware-windows-defender bf ad e none b e b ecea MpOAV dll gt c windows system config File C Windows winsxs amd security-malware-windows-defender bf ad e none b e b ecea MpRTP dll gt c windows system config File C Windows winsxs amd security-malware-windows-defender bf ad e none b e b ecea MpSvc dll gt c windows system config File C Windows winsxs amd security-malware-windows-defender bf ad e none b e b ecea MSASCui exe gt c windows system config File C Windows winsxs amd security-malware-windows-defender bf ad e none b e b ecea MsMpCom dll gt c windows system config File C Windows winsxs amd security-malware-windows-defender bf ad e none b e b ecea MsMpLics dll gt c windows system config File C Windows winsxs amd security-malware-windows-defender bf ad e none b e b ecea MsMpRes dll gt c windows system config File Checking Windows Service Integrity Windows Firewall Authorization Driver mpsdrv is not Running Startup Type set to Manual BFE Missing Service BITS Missing Service iphlpsvc Missing Service MpsSvc Missing Service WinDefend Missing Service wscsvc Missing Service wuauserv Missing Service SharedAccess Missing ImagePath Searching for Missing Digital Signatures No issues found Checking HOSTS File No issues found Program finished at AM Execution time hours s minute s and second... Read more

A:Infected with ZeroAccess and unable to enable windows firewall

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will assist you with your malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully. First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding. Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one. If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem. Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me. Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts. If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed. Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean. My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.   Scan with TDSS-KillerPlease read and follow these instructions carefully. We do not want it to fix anything yet (if found), we need to see a report first.Download TDSSKiller.zip and extract to your desktopExecute TDSSKiller.exe by doubleclicking on it.
Press Start Scan
If Malicious objects are found, do NOT select Copy to quarantine. Change the action to Skip, and save the log.
Once complete, a log will be produced at the root drive which is typically C:\ ,for example, C:\TDSSKiller.<version_date_time>log.txtPlease post the contents of that log in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528125/infected-with-zeroaccess-and-unable-to-enable-windows-firewall/
Relevancy 61.06%

OK I have read forum and support posts until I am tearing my hair out I am running Windows Vista Home Premium SP -bit with Windows Firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials My problem is that somewhere along the line my home network stopped allowing me to share files and my one printer Each computer can reach the internet on its own but they cannot share anything I tried enabling file sharing and printer sharing on the Vista computer where the printer is in Network and Sharing Center But when I click on the button to turn on printer sharing or file sharing or anything else there and hit Apply absolutely nothing happens After and enable printer in sharing Can't Windows Firewall file reading some posts I tried to enable exceptions for sharing in Windows Can't enable file and printer sharing in Windows Firewall Firewall but when I bring up the exceptions window I don't see anything except two Skype entries I added exceptions there for Ports and per another post but that hasn't helped either I have also checked my services and BFE and MpsSvc are running another post Now what Anybody have a suggestion

A:Can't enable file and printer sharing in Windows Firewall

Please describe the home network. Machines, OS on each, etc..

Also it's best to disable the firewall and AV software completely until you get the network stuff to work. Then turn it back on and see if it still works. Doing it the other way around can take a long time.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/300858-cant-enable-file-printer-sharing-windows-firewall.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello This is my second posting I know we are supposed to be patient but I work from my computer and it is my main only source of income I have missed quite a bit of work and I m hoping you can help My computer picked up a virus over a week and a half ago it deleted everything I scanned the computer but it wasn t enough I googled how to get rid of the trojan win I downloaded rkill from bleeping computer I also downloaded malwarbytes and tdsskiller That seemed to help but all of my desktop icons and everything else still hadn t returned After doing this I checked on my windows firewall and it was disabled The button to Virus and windows win32 Trojan can't enable firewall activate it said use recommended settings I clicked that but would get this error Windows cannot change some of your settings Error Code x I Trojan win32 Virus and can't enable windows firewall googled that message and came upon your site I saw someone with an issue similar to mine did what the tech instructed I was able to retrieve my icons and favourites and everything else but still not able to enable my window firewall I had been scanning my cmputer to see if the virus was gone and the scan reports came back clean however a couple of days ago an imposter Trojan win32 Virus and can't enable windows firewall antivirus showed up on my pc again saying there was a virus and to download I immediately x ed out and ran the malwarbytes and Microsoft Security Essentials Both scan reports came Trojan win32 Virus and can't enable windows firewall back clean but I m still too afraid to use my computer for work because I handle sensitive information and I need to make sure that it is no way compromised I know you guys are swamped but I would really appreciate you assistance as soon as you can Thank you very much Here are my recent scan results Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect Monitor exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Users Dani AppData Local ATT Connect Participant pull exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files im im Messenger IMC EXE C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Windows System StikyNot exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe C Users Dani AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE Z QFH PS HijackThis exe C Windows system taskeng exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https callcenter liveops com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http start facemoods com a fmtgl amp s searchTerms amp f R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolde... Read more

A:Trojan win32 Virus and can't enable windows firewall

By the way this isn't a corporate or company owned pc. Its my computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trojan-win32-virus-and-cant-enable-windows-firewall.1049700/
Relevancy 60.2%

I'm pretty sure it was caused by some virus that disabled it. Windows firewall authorisation driver stated that >> This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)

I had uninstalled my trend micro titanium from my laptop and installed microsoft security essentials ... And security essentials keep on detecting potential threats. I cleaned it and restarted my laptop and a blue screen came out said that some errors preventing windows from opening and the whole system restored back to few hours before ... But still, firewall was unable to start windows firewall ...

Solutions ?

A:Unable to enable windows firewall , error code 0x8007042c

Quote: Originally Posted by sxcherzinger

I'm pretty sure it was caused by some virus that disabled it. Windows firewall authorisation driver stated that >> This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)

I had uninstalled my trend micro titanium from my laptop and installed microsoft security essentials ... And security essentials keep on detecting potential threats. I cleaned it and restarted my laptop and a blue screen came out said that some errors preventing windows from opening and the whole system restored back to few hours before ... But still, firewall was unable to start windows firewall ...

Solutions ?

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND

Error code: 0x8007042c "Windows firewall cannot change some of your settings" when you try to turn on your Windows Firewall

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/205723-unable-enable-windows-firewall-error-code-0x8007042c.html
Relevancy 60.2%

We recently started to have issues with our primary home computer It started off as the browsers windows won't enable Infection update cannot issues, firewall and MBAM and more running extremely slow and then the other day our credit card was compromised I also found out that when my wife did our online banking she would logoff and when we Infection issues, MBAM won't update and cannot enable windows firewall and more went Infection issues, MBAM won't update and cannot enable windows firewall and more to log back in the next day the user account was set to my daughters account who doesn't use the computer That instantly got me thinking something was wrong I tried to update my Malwarebytes but it said there was no update but I recently updated it on another computer earlier in the day so I know that was not correct I restarted the computer in safe mode and successfully updated MBAM and did a search but it didn't find anything I'm running Norton Security Suite but have turned off the firewall and antivirus but whatever I have will not allow me to turn on Windows firewall either Whatever I have it being very intrusive and I cannot figure it out with my current suite of tools Help is urgently requested Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Stoeffler administrator on STOEFFLER-PC on - - Running from C Users Stoeffler Downloads Loaded Profiles Stoeffler amp Sandy amp Branden amp Kayla amp Scott amp UpdatusUser amp Guest Available profiles Stoeffler amp Sandy amp Branden amp Kayla amp Scott amp UpdatusUser amp Guest Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION C Program Files x Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSvc exe SUPERAntiSpyware com C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine ccsvchst exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Norton Ghost Agent VProSvc exe Protexis Inc C Program Files x Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe arvato digital services llc C Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Symantec C Program Files x Norton Ghost Shared Drivers SymSnapServicex exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine ccsvchst exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center ipoint exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center itype exe Dropbox Inc C Users Sandy AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION C Program Files x Epson Software Event Manager EEventManager exe SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION C Program Files x Epson Software FAX Utility FUFAXSTM exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Norton Ghost Agent VProTray exe CANON INC C Program Files x Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX CNMNSST exe Apple Inc C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe Apple Inc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core daemonu exe Googl... Read more

A:Infection issues, MBAM won't update and cannot enable windows firewall and more

Hi & to Bleeping Computer Forums!My name is Jürgen and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems. Before we move on, please read the following points carefully: My native language isn't English. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.Please read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.If you have illegal/cracked software, cracks, keygens, etc. on the system, please remove or uninstall them now!Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.If I don't hear from you within 5 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.Step 1Please download TDSSiller and save it to your Desktop.Start tdsskiller.exe with administrator privileges.Accept the EULA and the KSN Statement.Click on Change parameters. (1)Make sure that all available options (except "Loaded modules") are checked and click OK. (2)Click on Start scan.If any threats are found don't delete them but choose the Skip option for all of them.Click on Report (3) to open the log file. (It is also saved at C:\TDSSKiller.<version_date_time>_log.txt).Copy and paste its contents in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574905/infection-issues-mbam-wont-update-and-cannot-enable-windows-firewall-and-more/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,

hopefully this is right subforum to start this thread
I've googled on how to quickly and easily enable/disable single Windows Firewall rule without having to open the firewall, going into advanced options, and eventually manually finding my rule there.
Best I've found was two commands when searching for 'shortcut':

run, netsh advfirewall firewall set rule name="NameOfFirewallRule" new enable=yes

and

run, netsh advfirewall firewall set rule name="NameOfFirewallRule" new enable=no

Firstly, I don't know how to use them (how do I create shortcut containing the above lines) or if they work at all.
Then, perhaps there is an easier way to quickly disable/enable single rule in Windows 7 firewall?

I did search the Tutorials section here, but only found how to make shortcut for whole Windows Firewall, which is not what I'm after

A:How to create shortcut for Windows Firewall rule (enable/disable)?

I use a program called Windows Firewall Control, which is not a standalone program, rather it gives the Windows 7 platform an easy to use advanced GUI to control rules and edit them as you see fit. Here is the link : Windows Firewall Control

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/313418-how-create-shortcut-windows-firewall-rule-enable-disable.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I actually have Kaspersky Internet Security as my security suite, which has an integrated firewall.

Should i disable the antivirus firewall and enable Comodo Firewall? (it's not Comodo IS, just free firewall).

Or should i use KIS firewall alone?

A:Disable Kaspersky Firewall and enable Comodo Firewall

KIS alone for sure. Its maybe the best firewall out there in any security suit u can find. turn on application control and set it to untrusted and u are safe to go.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/disable-kaspersky-firewall-and-enable-comodo-firewall.44036/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello I ve spent the night meticulously getting rid of the Malware Defense virus to the greatest extent I know how to The pop-ups are no longer coming up none of the related files seem present and malwarebytes is no longer detecting it However malwarebytes IS repeatedly picking up Trojan FakeAlert files that I cannot seem to get rid of with the program and to my understanding from reading this forum this means that I need to head on over the HJT Which is where my first problem lies McAfee Windows start HJT, but and Center won't firewall Security Trying for enable to to Prepare I am unable to start Security Center or McAfee As far as Trying to Prepare for HJT, but Windows Security Center and McAfee won't start to enable firewall fixing Security Center I ve been unable to find it in services to change its start-up to automatic one suggested fix I saw Trying to Prepare for HJT, but Windows Security Center and McAfee won't start to enable firewall and I have not been able to find the strange applet that some users report they need to change in order to launch with tweakui Security Center I haven t tried messing with McAfee at all generally don t trust it for no good reason at all For last night s session I had avast installed but I uninstalled it after Malware Defense was gone I find that in general we don t get viruses unless somebody clicks on something stupid or visits a porn site my little brother s five-minute escapade to smut led to this Malware Defense problem As far as I remember avast never picked up this Trojan FakeAlert In addition if it means anything while I read that Trojan FakeAlert is supposed to spam you with fake anti-virus ads like Malware Defense did it doesn t seem to be doing so at all and seems to be leaving me alone But malwarebytes is detecting it which I don t like So I m not sure of what s going on there So before I head over to HJT to start that process and hopefully find a way to get rid of Trojan FakeAlert does anybody have advice as far as starting Security Center or McAfee Is there a way to fix them Or should I delete them and use another program Or something else Thanks a bundle let me know if you need me to post any additional information EDIT Hokay I m dumb Figured out that I could launch windows firewall without launching security center so I m going to go ahead and proceed to HJT However Security Center still won t start along with McAfee and I d appreciate any advice on that

A:Trying to Prepare for HJT, but Windows Security Center and McAfee won't start to enable firewall

Press the Windows Key + R keys on your keyboard or go to > Run..., then copy and paste this command into the Open dialog box: services.mscPress Ok.Click the Extended tab at the bottom to view all the info on your services.Scroll down the list and check for the Security Center service.Double-click on it or right-click and choose Properties.From the drop-down menu next to Startup Type, click on AutomaticStart the service by clicking the Start button.Click Apply, then OK and close any open windows.If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next. After posting a log and getting assistance, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/280999/trying-to-prepare-for-hjt-but-windows-security-center-and-mcafee-wont-start-to-enable-firewall/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello everyone,

Seem to be having an issue with Windows 7 x64 firewall. Had Norton Internet 2011 however service expired, so now use Security Essentials. Now windows firewall will not start up (also desktop icon issue but lets tackle one problem at a time). I have tried uninstalling MSE and rebooting in safe mode however the issue is still there.

When in control panel, under firewall, I click on Use Recommended Settings, the wait icon pops up and nothing happens.

Ive tried running MicrosoftFixit.WindowsFirewall.RNP.23269253326113752.1.Run however the Microsoft Fix It it tells me it cannot fix the issue.

When I try to start the Firewall Service in Services.msc I get "Cannot start on local computer see error code 5".

I have run Superantispyware and Malware Bytes they were both clean except a MSE scan showed the following (see attachments).

I have also provided my FSS results.

Please help me Bleepingcomputer, your my only hope!!

A:Firewall Will Not Enable

We need to remove zero access rootkit firstDownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466304/firewall-will-not-enable/
Relevancy 53.75%

HD Crashed, installed 80Gig loaded software, now fighting with Security Center, greyed out buttons, says policy won't allow enablement of Firewall.
Don't have any policies! Searched reg and don't want to touch anymore than I have to..have Systemworks 2003 loaded. Even took off my VPN/Cisco software but nada. Control Panel access is denied too, even tried the netsh command ...read everything I could find. Current/ WinXP Svc 2 all updates...as of tonight....nothing left to load!

A:WIN Firewall won't enable

KCraddock said:

HD Crashed, installed 80Gig loaded software, now fighting with Security Center, greyed out buttons, says policy won't allow enablement of Firewall.
Don't have any policies! Searched reg and don't want to touch anymore than I have to..have Systemworks 2003 loaded. Even took off my VPN/Cisco software but nada. Control Panel access is denied too, even tried the netsh command ...read everything I could find. Current/ WinXP Svc 2 all updates...as of tonight....nothing left to load! Click to expand...
Windows firewall will turn itself off if it detects that you have another firewall running. If you do and even if you turn it off it still make have one of its files running in the background.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-firewall-wont-enable.412351/
Relevancy 53.75%

I can't seem to enable my xp firewall.. I get this messege below.. Drivin me nutz

A:XP firewall -can't enable

Remote Access Connection Manager was disabled.. I put it to manual.. all good now

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-firewall-cant-enable.226328/
Relevancy 53.32%

Greetings:

I use the HomeEdition XP 5.1 verison. When I check to see if my Firewall is enabled, I can't because it is grayed out. There is not a check in the box saying it is enabled.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreicated.

Could this have anything to do with the fact I use Cablevision Optonline.net?
Thanks

[email protected]

Relevancy 53.32%

My bosses computer is having serious problems Windows update won t run quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot The Firewall shut off and won t re-enable MalwareBytes run/Firewall WinUpdate enable won't won't scans clean but keeps catching WinUpdate won't run/Firewall won't enable a call to the net McAfee Enterprise scans clean Ran DDS logs attached he had me obscure his ID and our network WinUpdate won't run/Firewall won't enable from the file Was running GMER then MalwareBytes died then GMER WinUpdate won't run/Firewall won't enable died then something else died too fast for me to see what then BlueScreen It s in there right now running a full MalwareBytes in safe mode Help me before my boss throws this thing out the window DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by bhb at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV McAfee VirusScan Enterprise On-access scanning enabled Updated A B B- C - -A AB-E DEABF F Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupsvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise EngineServer exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exeC Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system mfevtps exeC Program Files PDF Complete pdfsvc exeC Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files PDF Complete pdfsty exeC WINDOWS SMINST Scheduler exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework udaterui exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files DisplayFusion DisplayFusion exeC lotus org organize EASYCLIP EXEC Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXEC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXEC Program Files Ipswitch WS FTP WsftpCOMHelper exeC Documents and Settings BHb ourNET Desktop Defogger exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcrobatInfo exeC Documents and Settings BHb ourNET Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext ftp BHb othernet org BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan enterprise scriptsn dllBHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEFavClient dllBHO IEHlprObj Class ce c cf - b - d -abed- c - c lotus org organize iehelper dllBHO SmartSelect Class f ee -daa - - - d ee a - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEFavClient dllTB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEFavClient dlluRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun DisplayFusion quot c program files displayfusion DisplayFusion exe quot mRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEmRun PDF Complete quot c program files pdf complete pdfsty exe quot mRun Recguard c windows sminst Recguard exemRun Reminder c windows creator Remind XP exemRun Scheduler c windows sminst Sc... Read more

A:WinUpdate won't run/Firewall won't enable

Hello, HapHazzardWelcome to the Bleeping Computer Forums. My name is Thomas (Tom is fine), and I will be helping you fixing your problems.If you do not make a reply in 5 days, we will have to close your topic.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favourites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic. The topics you are tracking can be found here.Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools. Doing so could cause changes to the directions I have to give you and prolong the time required. Further more, you should not be taking any advice relating to this computer from any other source throughout the course of this fix.If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean". We do not want to clean you part-way, only to have the system re-infect itself.Please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just post back here so that we know you're still here.Please set your system to show all files.Click Start, open My Computer, select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.Select the View Tab. Under the Hidden files and folders heading, select Show hidden files and folders.Uncheck: Hide file extensions for known file typesUncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.Click Yes to confirm.Please go here and have a look how you can disable your security software.Download Combofix from any of the links below but rename it to before saving it to your desktop.Link 1Link 2--------------------------------------------------------------------Double click on the renamed Combofix.exe & follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you. As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.When finished, it will produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.This tool is not a toy and not for everyday use.ComboFix SHOULD NOT be used unless requested by a forum helperIf you need help, see this link:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/316427/winupdate-wont-runfirewall-wont-enable/
Relevancy 53.32%

hi i turned on my computer today to find that the firewall was disabled and i can t enable it When i try to start the Windows Firewall Intrnet Connection Sharing ICS service i get a message saying i can t but no more IP address can't enable No firewall and explanation I then noticed that i can t get on the internet other computers connected to the router can though No IP address and can't enable firewall the ethernet connection shows it as being connected but has no Address Type IP Address Subnet Mask or Default Gateway They aren t etc but completly blank The wireless connection is unable to find any networks as well even though i know there are several I have tried a few No IP address and can't enable firewall things i found by searching for these problems like resetting winsock re-installing the network cards spyware virus scans and going back to a previous restore point but no luck does anyone have any ideas i can usually fix problems like these with a bit of googling but completly stuck now any help would be very much appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-ip-address-and-cant-enable-firewall.605727/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi My Acer XP computer is so infected that the firewall has turned itself off and refuses to let me enable it again from the firewall selection in the Control Panel I ve disabled network interfaces for now and am running GMER but will it help Will it help me to enable the network to try to upload DDS and the Attach txt too These latter I have but the firewall turned itself off after I gathered them and I fear I am more infected than before Any advice on best way to proceed enable Unable firewall to very much appreciated thanks tons This is typed from another computer a mac on my home network Edit- it occurs to me I could do a restore of the registry the restore function from an earlier date I ll do that next after gmer completes- if it completes it has crashed Unable to enable firewall the machine a couple of times Maybe then I ll get my firewall back and can bring you the logs you need Thanks

A:Unable to enable firewall

Hello,Now that you have posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/312013/would-like-help-with-a-clear-infection/ you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311872/unable-to-enable-firewall/
Relevancy 52.89%

My laptop had already set up to turn on Family Safety in Window 8.1. So I was used to set up time limits and curfew for the standard account (child's account) in Control PanelI turned off Family Safety. When I wanted to turn it on again, Family Safety in Control Panel led me to Change PC setting to select the account to edit. But When I clicked on "Edit" and It poped up my child account but No thing to editBut there was an option to manage Safety Family on line. I enter this website to control Family safety (time limit and curfew) It worksHowever, I'd like to set up at local laptop as beforeHow to turn on Safety Family at Laptop not online?Any suggest would be appreciate.Best,Truc C. Nguyen

A:Re-enable Windows 8.1 Family Safety on Dell laptop

Now in Parental account, the option "Manage Family Safety setting on line" was disappeared from "Manage Other Account" in "Change PC setting"On family safety website showed that "Settings for Cathy Nguyen are not activeCathy Nguyen is not current associated with any accountsTo add window for Cathy Nguyen "run Family Safety" on PC Cathy Nguyen uses"But I could not run Family SafetyNotice that Family Safety run well from Online setting first time after I had turn off Family Safety at Control PannelI was confused Please help Thanks,Truc C. Nguyen

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/reenable-windows-81-family-safety-on-dell-laptop/1631.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi folks I first noticed problems on my PC when I got the fake antispyware apps pop up on my PC I then ran malwarebytes and thought I'd got rid of them but they came back a few weeks later I loaded Spybot S amp D and firewall Can't my! Seneka, oh enable Vundo, too? ... Superantispyware and they all seemed to find different problems such as Vundo Virtumonde etc Every time I scan and clean and then re-scan something else appears The last time it was Seneka rootkit Following this fourum's guidelines I also tried to enable my windows internet firewall but it is grayed out for enabling don't know if that is another spyware issue I have installed and run OneCare maybe Vundo, Seneka, ... oh my! Can't enable firewall too? that stops me using the windows firewall I've included the DDS and hijackthis logs below - thanks DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by McDonagh at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Windows Live OneCare On-access scanning enabled Updated FW Windows Live OneCare Firewall enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupsvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live OcHealthMon exeC Program Files Photodex ProShowGold ScsiAccess exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WLService exeC Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WMP Gv exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Firewall msfwsvc exeC WINDOWS system Tablet exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winss exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system WTablet TabUserW exeC WINDOWS system Tablet exeC Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exeC Program Files SpeedFan speedfan exeC WINDOWS system Defrag exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings McDonagh Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp news yahoo com i uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dlluRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun EPSON Stylus Photo R Series c windows system spool drivers w x e fatibna exe fu quot c windows temp E S C tmp quot EF quot HKCU quot uRun AdobeUpdater c program files common files adobe updater AdobeUpdater exeuRun AdobeBridge uRun SUPERAntiSpyware c program files superantispyware SUPERAntiSpyware exemRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupmRun nwiz nwiz exe installmRun AsusStartupHelp c program files asus aasp AsRunHelp exemRun NeroFilterCheck c windows system NeroCheck exemRun RemoteControl quot c program files cyberlink powerdvd PDVDServ exe quot mRun HPDJ Taskbar Utility c windows system spool drivers w x hpztsb exemRun SoundMAXPnP c program files analog devices core smax pnp exemRun SoundMAX ... Read more

A:Vundo, Seneka, ... oh my! Can't enable firewall too?

Hi pesci,

My name is Syler and I will be helping you to clean your computer, please give me some time
to look over your logs and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/212503/vundo-seneka-oh-my-cant-enable-firewall-too/
Relevancy 52.46%

My AVG antivirus won t activate so I removed it and tried Avast with the same problem I also tried to enable or enable Microsoft firewall antivirus Can't Microsoft s firewall but an error came up Nothing noticeably strange happening with my computer otherwise dds txt file DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Hal at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV PC Cleaner Pro Disabled Updated Can't enable antivirus or Microsoft firewall A -C D - -B A-B E B BB Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUI exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Steam Steam exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS notepad exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO avast WebRep e e -ad d- bf-ac d-d f d - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB avast WebRep e e -ad d- bf-ac d-d f d - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun Steam quot c program files steam Steam exe quot -silent mRun ASUS Update Checker c program files asus asusupdate updatechecker UpdateChecker exe mRun HP Software Update c program files hp hp software update HPWuSchd exe mRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files common files java java update jusched exe quot mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun NvMediaCenter RunDLL exe NvMCTray dll NvTaskbarInit -login mRun nwiz c program files nvidia corporation nview nwiz exe installquiet mRun avast quot c program files avast software avast avastUI exe quot nogui mRun APSDaemon quot c program files common files apple apple application support APSDaemon exe quot mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot StartupFolder c docume alluse win startm programs startup hpdigi lnk - c program files hp digital imaging bin hpqtra exe StartupFolder c docume alluse win startm programs startup micros lnk - c program files microsoft office office OSA EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF B A- - E C-AD - F DF B AE - hxxp download mi... Read more

A:Can't enable antivirus or Microsoft firewall

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/459515 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you should not bother creating a GMER log. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/459515/cant-enable-antivirus-or-microsoft-firewall/
Relevancy 52.46%

Original post here I am working on a computer for a friend of mine It was a barebones kit from Newegg ie no brand and model The motherboard is Asus something or another if that is LAC, will ipconfig enable, no not Firewall error, etc relevant here I can find out what exactly I sat down at this machine and noticed a Firewall will not enable, no LAC, ipconfig error, etc quot Windows Security Alert quot notifying of the firewall being turned off I attempted to turn it back on but to no avail It has been a downward spiral since Firewall will not enable, no LAC, ipconfig error, etc then of discovering more and more issues With so many things at once I assume this is some sort of infection and not everything coincidentally going haywire at once I ve Googled many of the issues independently but I feel like treating things one at a time isn t going to get to the root of the problem s I ve tried to include here as much as I can regarding what errors I ve received and what I ve done Windows Firewall alert - quot Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running Do you want to start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service quot Yes - quot Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service quot CP gt Services gt start Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS - quot Could not start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service on Local Computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot CP gt Network Connections - blank but am able to browse with FF after clearing proxy settings CP - Internet Options is not listedWhen I open IE I am unable to browse at all Internet Options is visible but grayed out and inaccessible ipconfig - quot This application has failed to start because RASAPI dll was not found Re-installing the application may fix this problem quot Malwarebytes will finish installing but upon trying to run - quot Run-time error File not found shfolder quot I ve removed the drive and scanned it as a slave No significant infections were found actually found more on the host computer lol I ve ran ComboFix but it didn t seem to make any difference I have attached the ComboFix log in case it would be useful DDS txt follows DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Andrew at on Sun Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupsvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Saitek SD Software ProfilerU exeC Program Files Saitek SD Software SaiMfd exeC Program Files Nero Nero InCD NBHGui exeC Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCD exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Pidgin pidgin exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files AskBarDis bar bin AskService exeC Program Files AskBarDis bar bin ASKUpgrade exeC Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WLService exeC Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WUSB GC exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools Pro DTProShellHlp exeC Documents and Settings Andrew Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page www google comBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO AskBar BHO f d - - d - c -aa e ed - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar... Read more

A:Firewall will not enable, no LAC, ipconfig error, etc

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394975/firewall-will-not-enable-no-lac-ipconfig-error-etc/
Relevancy 52.46%

Everything has started three days ago with Google results redirecting to strange pages in Chrome Running MalwareBytes from Safe Mode resulted in MB finding or rootkit zeroaccess infections Ran SuperAntiSpyware finding other infected files and finally Avira free which is continually detecting infections that have been regularly quarantined This routine has been followed different times in these days I ran also TDSSkiller Now after a reboot I ve just detected several trojans with an Avira scan but I can t understand if it s simply detecting files a ready in the TDSS quarantine Everything seems to work but I can not enable Windows defender activate security center and Win Firewall AND THIS IS REALLY BAD I am under the impression that the rootkit hasn t been really removed and something better than my poor knowledge has to be done Already downloaded combofix but avoided to use it before having received some serious advice If someone will help it will be great Thanks --> enable not infection Rootkit firewall can DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by andrea at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Business GMT AV Avira Desktop Enabled Updated F B DE -C B - C F- EFF- C BD D C C SP Avira Desktop Enabled Updated D AAC -E E- B - F- F C DA SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system ibmpmsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Rootkit infection --> can not enable firewall Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Rootkit infection --> can not enable firewall Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software upeksvr exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k Akamai C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files ThinkPad Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files LENOVO VIRTSCRL lvvsst exe C Program Files Macrium Reflect ReflectService exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System TPHDEXLG exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrpservice exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrservice exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C PROGRA LENOVO VIRTSCRL virtscrl exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Windows System TpShocks exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY LVOSDSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Samsung Kies External FirmwareUpdate KiesPDLR exe C Users Butler AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files Lenovo Zoom TpScrex exe C Users Butler AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v WPF WPFFontCache v exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Users Butler AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Butler AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows ... Read more

A:Rootkit infection --> can not enable firewall

Hello and welcome. Please follow these guidelines while we work on your PC:Malware removal is a sometimes lengthy and tedious process. Please stick with the thread until I?ve given you the ?All clear.? Absence of symptoms does not mean your machine is clean! Please do not run any scans or install/uninstall any applications without being directed to do so.Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within five days this thread will be closed. Download Combofix from either of the links below, and save it to your desktop. Link 1Link 2**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**--------------------------------------------------------------------IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link--------------------------------------------------------------------Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts. If you have trouble, stop and post back. Do not try to repeatedly run comboFix!When finished, it will produce a report for you..Note: If after running ComboFix you receive a message stating, "Illegal Operation Attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion" rebooting your computer will resolve the problem.Please include the following in your next post:ComboFix log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/446612/rootkit-infection-can-not-enable-firewall/
Relevancy 52.46%

i have window xp i have been trying to enable my firewall. i check the box and then ok. then i will go right back to it and it is still check but if i go back just a little bit later its now uncheck. what can i do to make it stay checked??

Relevancy 52.46%

Thank you in advance for your help In the past week had issues getting online I started receiving a connection failure notification window then many instances of page not found with no network connection messages If I refresh a few times rootkit dds or firewall cannot run enable detected the page will eventually load but it is slow and usually pointless If I keep trying sometimes I can get on-line and have about an hour without the rootkit detected cannot run dds or enable firewall errors but it is still much slower loading a new page and I'm constantly rootkit detected cannot run dds or enable firewall interrupted when my screen suddenly displays an error screen This is through firefox Internet Explore will not work at all anymore - I only get the Internet Explorer can't display the webpage with a link to diagnose never results in anything I looked at my network connections and found a sony phone listed as a network device I took a picture of the properties and while i did the device just went away my IT guy at work told me to run combofix - sorry I did not know - but when i tried running it I got a message rootkit detected combo fix ran all night and i finally had to reboot with no results After reading the prep guide i found that i can't enable the firewall - i get a message Windows firewall can't change some of your settings Error code x and didn't know it was disabled Also cannot run dds as it just freezes my computer Started program and it froze apparently after about one minute with the Please wait message showing Please help - I promise not to do anything until instructed to I'm using another computer to post and check emails I didn't know if I should provide any info - but just in case here's my system info OS Name Microsoft Windows Enterprise Version Build System Type X -based PC Processor Intel reg Core i CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date LENOVO D KT A SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys thanks again

A:rootkit detected cannot run dds or enable firewall

Hello pooltart I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.I would like you to run this program for me.Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523916/rootkit-detected-cannot-run-dds-or-enable-firewall/
Relevancy 52.46%

NIS 2011 is great, but i like interaction with the firewall - i would like to disable the smart firewall so that it ASKS for every programs once (i can choose remember)

can this be done?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nis-2011-firewall-how-do-i-enable-notifications.952552/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey all,

If I disable the windows firewall, I am able to turn on file sharing and network discovery. However, if I turn the firewall on, every time I try to enable file sharing and network discovery, they wont turn on..

I tried to go into the firewall settings and enable file sharing but it's not an option that's available?

Windows 7 has been one problem after another when trying to do anything that involves networking/sharing..

Thanks,

-TheChad

A:No Option to enable file sharing in firewall?

Quote: Originally Posted by ThaChad

Hey all,

If I disable the windows firewall, I am able to turn on file sharing and network discovery. However, if I turn the firewall on, every time I try to enable file sharing and network discovery, they wont turn on..

I tried to go into the firewall settings and enable file sharing but it's not an option that's available?

Windows 7 has been one problem after another when trying to do anything that involves networking/sharing..

Thanks,

-TheChad

If network discovery isn't staying on then you have a bigger problem than just enabling sharing which is done through the Advanced Network Settings at the Network and Sharing Center.

This problem has come up many times and is typically fixable by repairing the base filtering engine which is the actual cause of the problem with network discovery not staying on.

The following link shows you how to fix this problem.

I receive the message that my ESET installation ended prematurely - ESET Knowledgebase

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/307754-no-option-enable-file-sharing-firewall.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I am not very technology smart but here goes, My dell laptop will not connect to the internet and there is no firewall it will not let me enable it. I just keep getting error messages It is on vista.

A:Firewall not working Cannot enable No internet access

ip

you may have to sue a private address

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firewall-not-working-cannot-enable-no-internet-access.140621/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all and thanks in advance for any help you can provide A few days ago I was infected with Win Antispyware and followed the directions on http www bleepingcomputer com virus-removal remove-win- -antispyware- I no longer get the Win popups but google is redirecting and randomly new windows will open with advertisements and web pages stating I ve won things I tried to follow the directions on this topic http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html but was not able to enable the firewall I have Win and tried to enable firewall via Control Panel but get the following message Windows firewall can t change some of your settings Error code x c Thank you for any help DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Fred at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System TDSS, Redirects enable Google firewall and cant svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral d ed de d STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system Hpservice exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral d ed de d AESTSr exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files x TDSS, Google Redirects and cant enable firewall Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP MediaSmart SmartMenu exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files x AIM aim exe C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Users Fred AppData Local Autobahn mlb-nexdef-autobahn exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files x PdaNet for Android PdaNetPC exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCtrl exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files x Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons Com QLBEx exe c Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqToaster exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C Windows ... Read more

A:TDSS, Google Redirects and cant enable firewall

Hello and Welcome to the forums!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 31. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435009/tdss-google-redirects-and-cant-enable-firewall/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi

I've got a problem with McAfee causing BSODs and have been advised in another thread to uninstall it and use MS Security Essentials in combination with Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware instead.

I was also advised to enable my firewall and therein lies my problem.

The user manual for the 7800N is not great and doesn't mention anything about being able to enable or disable the firewall. It just talks about Packet Filtering and blocking WAN ping.

I have no idea if the firewall is on or off by default and can find no obvious settings in the router's setup page.

Should I enable WAN ping blocking or Intrusion detection? I want to ensure that my computer is safe when I uninstall McAfee.

Screenshot of the setup page is attached.

Thanks

Sally

A:How to enable firewall on Billion BiPAC 7800N?

The firewall that you should be enabling is built into windows.

Click your start button, and enter "firewall" in the search box. Windows Firewall should be on the list. Click it. On the left side of the window is a "link" that says "Turn Windows Firewall on or off". In the next window, enable the firewall, and hit ok.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217462-how-enable-firewall-billion-bipac-7800n.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I was infected with the DOJ virus and was able to get rid of it mostly i think But now Been unable infected virus with now and DOJ to enable firewall I can't enable the firewall and I'm still unsure if all of the virus was removed I have two issues first I want to make sure the virus is completely gone second is to be able to use the firewall its giving me an error Windows Firewall can't change some of your settings Error Been infected with DOJ virus and now unable to enable firewall code x I understand that only the virus issue will be solved in this thread and I'll have to start another one to solve firewall issue Thanks in advance Dan DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated B F C - - E- - BB D A Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgidsagent exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x ASUS EPU- Engine FourEngine exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files x Creative Shared Files CTDevSrv exe C Windows SysWOW AsHookDevice exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE C Program Files x LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect CommandService exe C Program Files x Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Manager AIManager exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgemca exe C Program Files x Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMYPRT EXE C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files x SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVDtray exe C Users Owner AppData Roaming SanDisk Sansa Updater SansaDispatch exe C Program Files x AVG Secure Search vprot exe C Program Files x Canon Solution Menu EX CNSEMAIN EXE C ProgramData Ad-Aware Browsing Protection adawarebp exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files x SlySoft AnyDVD ADvdDiscHlp exe C Windows splwow exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x ASUS AASP aaCenter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Origin Origin exe C Program Files x Origin OriginClientService exe C Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Program Files x Common Files Steam SteamService exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows system mmc exe C Users Owner Downloads SecurityCheck exe C Windows SysWOW cmd exe C Windows system svchost exe -k defragsvc C Windows SysWOW notepad exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows sy... Read more

A:Been infected with DOJ virus and now unable to enable firewall

Hello dbrady21 Welcome to The Forums!!Around here they call me Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with these just skip it and run the next one.-Security Check-Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.--RogueKiller--Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller or from here Quit all programs that you may have started.Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start.Wait until Prescan has finished ...Then Click on "Scan" buttonWait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete"Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487403/been-infected-with-doj-virus-and-now-unable-to-enable-firewall/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have been having problems with being enable Google firewall redirect, unable to directed Google redirect, unable to enable firewall to sites like find-answers-fast com when clicking on google links and having new tab pop ups to sites like hxxp testendonline com d p i d I have Guard Online infecting my computer and need to remove it I am unable to enable my windows firewall and get x c error message I have tried AVG Full and Rootkit scans Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool v Checked Internet Options for proxy I found this posting http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html and have included the following logs DDS and GMER GMER Log GMER - http www gmer net Rootkit scan - - Windows Service Pack Running h nrz k exe ---- Registry - GMER ---- Reg HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Shell Extensions Approved A DCC A-A E- F A-E B-A D C Reg HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Shell Extensions Approved A DCC A-A E- F A-E B-A D C hacgmnpmjfnjdboo x A x x x Reg HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Shell Extensions Approved A DCC A-A E- F A-E B-A D C iamfgbfoiaeeknbeke x A x x x ---- Files - GMER ---- File C ProgramData Microsoft Search Data Applications Windows MSS log bytes ---- EOF - GMER ---- DDS Log DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Beejous at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV AVG Internet Security Disabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Internet Security Disabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW AVG Firewall Disabled CC - -F -D - E EA B Running Processes C windows system wininit exe C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C windows Explorer EXE C windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C windows SysWOW ping exe C windows system conhost exe C Program Files x Secunia PSI PSI TRAY exe C Program Files x Secunia PSI psi exe C windows SysWOW cmd exe C windows system conhost exe C windows SysWOW cscript exe C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig redirectdomain brand TSNA amp bmod TSNA mDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig redirectdomain brand TSNA amp bmod TSNA mStart Page hxxp www google com ig redirectdomain brand TSNA amp bmod TSNA uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt uURLSearchHooks H - No File uURLSearchHooks BitTorrentBar Toolbar c f aa-f f- c- f e-b d a - C Program Files x BitTorrentBar tbBitT dll mURLSearchHooks BitTorrentBar Toolbar c f aa-f f- c- f e-b d a - C Program Files x BitTorrentBar tbBitT dll mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe C windows system config systemprofile AppData Roaming appconf exe BHO -ddca- ecf- -d fef - C Users Beejous AppData Local Internetx x dll BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Conduit Engine f b -b - - b- fba bd d - C Program Files x ConduitEngine ConduitEngine dll BHO DivX Plus Web Player HTML lt video gt e d- - fd- c - a f - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO BitTorrentBar Toolbar c f aa-f f- c- f e-b d a - C Program Files x BitTorrentBar tbBitT dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Hel... Read more

A:Google redirect, unable to enable firewall

I have broken the dds log up into different txt files because the original is too large to attach. The following are not the full log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423678/google-redirect-unable-to-enable-firewall/
Relevancy 52.03%

I can't enable firewall protection on WindowsXP. Here's the actual message printed in the window where the option should be:

"Windows cannot display the properties of this connection. The Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) information might be corrupted. To correct this, use System Restore to restore Windows to an earlier time (called a restore point). System Restore is located in the System Tools folder in Accessories."

The only problem is that I just cleared out all of my system restore points when I turned it off to clean up some ad and spyware remains. Is there anyway to fix this problem without completely re-installing Windows? It's takes a long time to re-install and it's a pain to download all the critical updates and service packs, especially on dial-up! Help!!

A:Cannot enable firewall on internet connection in winXP

No ones knows?

Would re-installing Windows fix the problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-enable-firewall-on-internet-connection-in-winxp.258596/
Relevancy 52.03%

How to you disable and anable your computer's firewall. I've done it before but I just don't remember how to click to get there.

A:Simple question: Firewall disable / enable

goto control panel, click on Firewall Settings.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/simple-question-firewall-disable-enable-79478.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

I cannot enable the (Windows) firewall. (I am behind a router.)

See attachments reflecting my trying to do so.

Thanks.

Ben.

Relevancy 50.74%

http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html page gopid entry was sent here with said problem DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Rival at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated CDATA ipb topic inSection 'topicview' ipb topic topic id ipb 0x800070424 Redirect, enable Error Firewall Goggle ad popups, topic forum id ipb topic redirectPost ipb topic start id ipb topic page id ipb topic topPid ipb topic counts postTotal curStart ipb topic start id perPage Search Setup ipb vars 'search type' 'forum' ipb vars 'search type id' ipb vars Goggle Redirect, ad popups, Firewall enable Error 0x800070424 'search Goggle Redirect, ad popups, Firewall enable Error 0x800070424 type ' 'topic' ipb vars 'search type id ' Delete stuff set up ipb topic deleteUrls 'hardDelete' new Template ipb vars 'base url' app forums module moderate section moderate do f t page auth key ea a ea e fbdc a p pid ipb topic deleteUrls 'softDelete' new Template ipb vars 'base url' app forums module moderate section moderate do postchoice tact sdelete t f auth key ea a ea e fbdc a selectedpids pid pid pid pid ipb topic modPerms ipb templates 'post moderation' new Template div id 'comment moderate box' class 'ipsFloatingAction' style 'display none' span class 'desc' With span id 'comment count' count span checked posts span select id 'tactInPopup' class 'input select' option value 'approve' Approve option option value 'delete' Hide option option value 'sundelete' Unhide option option value 'deletedo' Delete option option value 'merge' Merge option option value 'split' Split option option value 'move' Move option select nbsp nbsp input type 'button' class 'input submit' id 'submitModAction' value 'Go' div Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Tablet Pen Pen TouchService exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe C Program Files DAZ D Content Management Service ContentManagementServer exe C Windows SysWOW AsHookDevice exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Tablet Pen Pen Tablet exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TabTip exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Tablet Pen Pen TouchUser exe C Program Files x ASUS EPU- Engine FourEngine exe C Program Files x AIM aim exe C Program Files x MultiScreen MultiScreen exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Tablet Pen Pen TabletUser exe C Program Files x MagicTune Premium GammaTray exe C Program Files x VIA VIAudioi VDeck VDeck exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Manager AsShellApplication exe C Program Files x Winamp winampa exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Tablet Pen Pen Tablet exe C Program Files x MagicTune Premium MagicTune exe C Windows system Search... Read more

A:Goggle Redirect, ad popups, Firewall enable Error 0x800070424

Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Security CheckDownload Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 3 1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460106/goggle-redirect-ad-popups-firewall-enable-error-0x800070424/
Relevancy 50.31%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltpspd exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live OcHealthMon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Firewall No remove Trojan.PWS.Trans to Disabled Help! and Must Enable Option regkeys RegSrvc Help! Firewall Disabled No Option to Enable Must remove regkeys and Trojan.PWS.Trans exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe Help! Firewall Disabled No Option to Enable Must remove regkeys and Trojan.PWS.Trans C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winss exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe c program files common files aol ee services antiSpywareApp ver AOLSP Scheduler exe c program files common files aol ee aolsoftware exe C Program Files Sony Sony Picture Utility VolumeWatcher SPUVolumeWatcher exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Program Files NoAdware NoAdware exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp clipbook exe C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www defaulthomepage info R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-firewall-disabled-no-option-to-enable-must-remove-regkeys-and-trojan-pws-trans.736647/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey guys I was wondering if any tech support people could help me out I've been having a lot of problems with my laptop It's an HP Pavilion dv us notebook Access Booting, Shutting Upon Down Can't Windows Firewall Laptop with Windows XP media center edition SP I have three problems I have no idea whether they are related or not The first problem is when Windows starts after a few seconds I get this Services and Controller app has encountered a problem and needs to close The error signature contains this information szAppName services exe szAppVer sZModName services exe szModVer Laptop Shutting Down Upon Booting, Can't Access Windows Firewall offset e Also quot technical information about the error report quot lists the following files C DOCUME MICHAE LOCALS TEMP WERfdab dir services exe mdmpC DOCUME MICHAE LOCALS TEMP WERfdab dir appcompat txtAfter or so seconds NT System Authority initiates Laptop Shutting Down Upon Booting, Can't Access Windows Firewall a minute countdown before automatic shutdown stating The system process C Windows system services exe terminated Laptop Shutting Down Upon Booting, Can't Access Windows Firewall unexpectedly with status code- The system will now shut down and restart I must also note that this problem does not always occur It seems to come and go Which makes the problem even more confusing to me The second problem is I can't access the internet with Microsoft IE nor the Netscape browser When I open the browsers I get a quot cannot find page quot message This is true whether I am connected through my wireless network connection or my Local Area Connection I checked the network adapters with device manager and they are working properly I was advised to see if my firewall was blocking ports that I needed to access the internet This led to the third problem When I try to access Windows Firewall I get this meesage quot Windows firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running Do you want to start the Windows Firewall Internet Connections Sharing ICS service quot I then click YES and get the following message quot Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service quot I cannot help but think that all these problems may be related but the bottom line is I have no idea whats going on The laptop is not more than months old I have posted the Hijack This log from my infected laptop for analyzing Any help is greatly appreciated ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exeC Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Program Files Vongo VongoService exeC WINDOWS system mqsvc exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exeC WINDOWS system mqtgsvc exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exeC Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exeC Program Files BellSouthWCC McciTrayApp exeC Program Fi... Read more

A:Laptop Shutting Down Upon Booting, Can't Access Windows Firewall

Hi Mikeem182,Sorry for the delay, this forum is very busy.There are a couple of different rootkits that can be responsible for this error (problem #1) and we need to run some checks for them. However, before we start with that I want to warn you that rootkit scanners can sometimes cause instability in a system, and yours is already unstable. So before you do the scans, please make backups of any data that you cannot afford to lose. Sorry if this is alarming. I am not sure that you have a rootkit, but if you do, I want you to be prepared.I see you ran HijackThis from your CDROM drive. You will need to download the tools I will mention on a working computer and burn them to CD just as you did with HJT. However please copy them from the disk to the desktop of your machine before running them. When the scans are done, you will have to copy the logfiles to disk in order to post them back here. What follows is a canned speech so be aware of these added steps which are not mentioned in it.Download AVG AntiRootkit and save to your desktop1. Double click avgarkt-setup-1.1.0.42.exe to install. By default it will install to C:\Program Files\GRISOFT\AVG Anti-Rootkit.2. Accept the license and follow the prompts to install.3. You will be asked to reboot to finish the installation so click "Finish".4. After rebooting, double-click the icon for AVG Anti-Rootkit on your desktop.5. You will see a window with four buttons at the bottom.6. Click "Search For Rootkits" and the scan will begin.7. You will see the progress bar moving from left to right. The scan will take some so be patient and let it finish.8. When the scan has finished, a small window will open so you can view the results.9. Right click and select "Save Result To File".10. By default the file will be saved with a .csv extension. (You can use notepad to open the .cvs file). Copy and paste the results in your next reply.11. If anything was found, click "Remove selected items"12. If nothing was found, please click the "Perform in-depth Search" saving anything found to file as before.Then download rootchk.exe to your desktop:1. Double-click on rootchk.exe to run the program.2. A command prompt window will open as the scan begins and then close.3. When the scan is completed, a logfile named rootlog.txt will open and be saved to the root directory usually C:\.4. Copy and paste the contents of the log into your next reply.Note: To avoid false positives, please disable any active protection like realtime scanners or firewalls which may interfere. Re-enable them when done. This means McAfee in your case.I also would like you to install HijackThis directly on your machine. This is another canned speech so again you will have to do extra steps.Click here and download the HijackThis installation file to your desktop. To use HijackThis, double-click on the icon. When it runs it will prompt you to extract hijackthis.exe to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis. If you would like to extract it to another location you can change the directory. When it is done installing, HijackThis will automatically launch. When the license agreement appears, select I accept and then click on the Do a system scan only button. When the scan is complete, click on the Save Log button to create a log of your information.Please post the logs from the rootkit scans and the fresh HJT scan to your next reply.Dave

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/106422/laptop-shutting-down-upon-booting-cant-access-windows-firewall/
Relevancy 48.16%

hi,

everytime i put my laptop on it tells me that my windows firewall is off etc etc and i have to turn it on manually everytime.

i have vista and avg antivirus and registry mechanic and spybot

any ideas? thanks

A:windows firewall turns off when i turn laptop back on

Is your AVG firewall on?

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/242803-windows-firewall-turns-off-when-i-turn-laptop-back.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Experts Yesterday when I turned on my XP laptop there was a little red shield in the taskbar indicating that my firewall was turned off I clicked the shield and tried to turn it back on but got firewall policy?? on Windows will laptop not group turn XP to on due the following error in the Security Center We're sorry The Security Center could not turn on Windows Firewall To try turning on Windows firewall on XP laptop will not turn on due to group policy?? the firewall yourself go to Windows Firewall in Control Panel In the Windows Firewall dialog General tab select On recommended and then click OK So I opened Windows Firewall and discovered that the General tab was completely grayed out -- I wasn't able to turn it on from there either Worried that I had a virus I ran Malwarebytes and my AV Eset NOD but all scans came up clean My next step was to search online with a different computer to see if there were any solutions for this issue and I found a MicrosoftFixit link for repairing the Firewall I downloaded the file to my flash drive installed it on my XP laptop and after the wizard went through all of its steps I got the following error message Windows Firewall cannot be set as the default firewall This problem may be occurring because of an existing Group Policy or because you are using the sic another firewall program If you want to use Windows Firewall exit this troubleshooter uninstall the other firewall program and then run this troubleshooter again So I nervously turned off my AV in case it was the cause of the group policy ran the troubleshooter again but got the exact same error message I'm worried that my laptop is infected and am hoping that someone on this forum will be able to help Any advice would be greatly appreciated --- many thanks

A:Windows firewall on XP laptop will not turn on due to group policy??

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502146/windows-firewall-on-xp-laptop-will-not-turn-on-due-to-group-policy/
Relevancy 46.44%

Split from here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t windows- -firewall-error-code- x -windows-firewall-service-missing OB Can u help me please Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Anda administrator Error Missing Split WIndows Firewall Code 0x80070424 from: 7 Windows Firewall Service on - - at Running from C Users Anda Desktop Windows Professional Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Split from: WIndows 7 Firewall Error Code 0x80070424 Windows Firewall Service Missing Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Split from: WIndows 7 Firewall Error Code 0x80070424 Windows Firewall Service Missing Attempt to access Yahoo IP returned error Yahoo IP is offline Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall mpsdrv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of mpsdrv service is OK The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of MpsSvc service is OK The ImagePath of MpsSvc service is OK The ServiceDll of MpsSvc service is OK bfe Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of bfe service is OK Split from: WIndows 7 Firewall Error Code 0x80070424 Windows Firewall Service Missing The ImagePath of bfe service is OK The ServiceDll of bfe service is OK Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center wscsvc Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Windows Update wuauserv Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist BITS Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Other Services Checking Start type of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve start type of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ImagePath of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ImagePath of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ServiceDll of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking Start type of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist File Check C Windows system nsisvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit C Windows system dhcpcore dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers afd sys gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers tdx sys gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers tcpip sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C D AF CBCED F C Windows system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit C Windows system mpssvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system bfe dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legit C Windows system SDRSVC dll gt MD is legit C Windows system vssvc exe gt MD is legit C Windows system wscsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system wuaueng dll gt MD is le... Read more

A:Split from: WIndows 7 Firewall Error Code 0x80070424 Windows Firewall Service Missing

Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your DesktopDoubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters
Check Loaded Modules and Detect TDLFS file system. Do not check Verify file digital signatures (even though it is checked in the example)If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now
Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to runIf threats are detected select Skip for all of them unless I instruct you otherwiseClick Continue
Click Reboot computerPlease post the contents of TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt found in your root directory (typically c:\)in your replyDue to forum upgrade you may face issues posting the TDSSkiller log.Just last few lines of log is sufficient===================================================RKILLPlease download Rkill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below (if one of them does not work try another.) and save it to your desktop:Link 1Link 2In order for Rkill to run properly you must disable your anti-malware software. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.Double-click on Rkill. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)Note: You may have to run Rkill a few times before it is successful. You may also have to download Rkill from a different link which will save it as a different file name.A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.An Rkill.log will appear. Please copy and paste the contents in your reply (file also located at c:\rkill.log)Do not reboot your computer after running Rkill as the malware programs will start again. If your computer reboots, run Rkill again before continuing on to the next step.If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply.===================================================ESET Online ScannerI'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan This process may may take several hours, that is normalHold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)

Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.
Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:
Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technology
ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, click List ThreatsCopy and paste the information in your next reply. Note: If no malware was found you will not get a log.Click the Back button.Click the Finish button===================================================Junkware Removal Tool by thisisuPlease download Junkware Removal ToolDisable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. (Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive.)Right-mouse click JRT.exe and select Run as administrator (Windows XP double click the icon)Please allow the program time to runOnce completed a Notepad document will open on your desktopCopy and paste the contents in your reply.Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste the information rather than send an attachment. TDSSKiller logRKILL logESET logJunkware removal tool log 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490867/split-from-windows-7-firewall-error-code-0x80070424-windows-firewall-service-missing/
Relevancy 46.01%

Recently had a virus infection and noticed that the windows firewall service is missing. When trying to reset to recommended settings by using control panel received error code 0x80070424. Cannot access other computers or shared files/folders on home network. Saw a previous post dated 12-17 that appears to be the same problem.

A:WIndows 7 Firewall Error Code 0x80070424 Windows Firewall Service Missing

Welcome aboard Had the infection been cleaned since?Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity CenterWindows UpdatePress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436093/windows-7-firewall-error-code-0x80070424-windows-firewall-service-missing/
Relevancy 45.15%

HiI am facing trouble while enabling the vt-x in HP 2000 laptop Processor: Intel(R)Celeron(R) CPU B830GHz 1.80 GHzinstalled memory (RAM): 2 GBSystem type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor Please help me in enabling the vt -x. Thanks

A:How to enable vt -x in hp2000 laptop

@Inaaya? Intel® Turbo Boost Technology ?NoIntel® vPro Technology ?NoIntel® Hyper-Threading Technology ?NoIntel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x) ?YesIntel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) ?NoIntel® 64 ?YesIntel® My WiFi TechnologyNo4G WiMAX Wireless TechnologyNoIdle StatesYesEnhanced Intel SpeedStep® TechnologyYesIntel® Demand Based SwitchingNoThermal Monitoring TechnologiesYesIntel® Fast Memory AccessYesIntel® Flex Memory AccessYes Your CPU is capable of VT-x it just depends if your motherboard is setup for it. Go into your BIOS and see if there is an option to ENABLE VT-x. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-enable-vt-x-in-hp2000-laptop/td-p/5548033
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,I am using HP550 Notebook PC, I can't find option to enable VT-x in my laptop. In my BIOS settings, I don't have options related Virtualization Technology, my BIOS version is F0.0. I also tried to update my BIOS with version F1.0, but it results in 'unhandled exception' while installing. I don't know how to fix it. Please give me solution for this. Thanks...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-enable-VT-x-in-HP550-laptop/td-p/5716823
Relevancy 45.15%

I know this should be an easy one, but I can't figure it.

I use my HDTV HDMI tv and was having audio issues so i started enabling and disabling devices. When I disabled the Laptop audio, it disappeared from the list of devices (sounds). Now It does not show up and I don't know how to Re-enable it. Device manager doesn't show it and tried rescan hardware. Any ideas?

The only thing I did prior was making the audio on the TV the default, this elimated having to manually switch over every time I used it.

A:Can't Re-Enable Audio on Laptop

Try right mouse clicking in the body of the sounds window, this wil then give the option to show hidden devices.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/20962-cant-re-enable-audio-laptop.html
Relevancy 44.72%

It doesn't work
And it says it has been disabled from the device manager
Plz help !

Relevancy 44.72%

I am working on a laptop for a friend who's wireless will not enable I was told that the issue occurred around the same time enable Network on Adapter laptop won't that the battery failed I'll attempt to recall all the steps I have taken so far to attempt to resolve this When CAT is unplugged the wireless icon shows now networks available Attempting to go to change device settings the Wi-Fi adapter is disabled Right click - gt Enable shows the enabling pop up but it remains disabled Fn F keyboard shortcut for enable disable wireless Tried using a known working USB WiFi dongle failed Downloaded new driver from Dell based on Network Adapter won't enable on laptop the laptop's Service Tag Tried auto install installed successfully but no change Manually searched for driver and selected it still no change Ran Windows Update Tried restoring to a month old restore point fails Updated BIOS Checked started stopped and verified set to automatic quot DW WLAN Tray Service quot and quot WLAN Autoconfig quot in the services msc Tried restoring to month old restore point in Safe Mode fails Uninstalled hardware in device manager reboot reinstall from Dell support site I'm at a loss now I have a Bachelors in Computer Science and I cannot make a laptop enable it's wireless device NOTE The wireless is a DW with built in Bluetooth The Bluetooth works fine but the Wi-Fi does not System Specs directly from the support dell com site after running a HW scan On the website the network adapter shows as blank However it DOES appear correctly in my Device Manager The device driver I install is Network Driver GR D WN A EXE Computer Model Inspiron BIOS Vendor Dell Inc BIOS Version A BIOS Date OS Version Microsoft Windows Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU U GHx Memory JDIMM GB DVD Drive PLDS DVD -RW DU- A HH Disk Drives WDC WD LPVX- V TT Display Adapters Intel R HD Graphics IDE ATA ATAPI Controllers Intel R Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller

A:Network Adapter won't enable on laptop

Somewhere on the laptop, there is a way to turn the wireless on or off. I would look for the user guide for that particular laptop (or google it) and then try turning the wireless on if its off and or off and back on. Let us know what you find...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60494-network-adapter-wont-enable-laptop.html
Relevancy 44.72%

HELP!!!! I have an HP 2000 laptop and all of a sudden the wireless function will not work. no matter what I do the button stays orange. I do not have Wireless Assistant installed on this computer. I tried to download it from another computer and install to mine, but it stated that the version was not accepted. I have only had this computer 6 months. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:wireless will not enable on HP 2000 laptop

Hi You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on. 2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Try doing a system restore to the date where unit was working fine. 4) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 5) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit. 6) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well. If still you have the same issue then you need to call HP Technical support and get the part replaced.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wireless-will-not-enable-on-HP-2000-laptop/td-p/1615339
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,I recently bought a new hp omen laptop(y8h62pa) 2 weeks ago.The original setting is in intel gpu hd530.How to enable the gpu gtx960m frequently. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/hp-omen-laptop-how-to-enable-gpu-gtx960m/td-p/5846772
Relevancy 44.72%

Dear Friendz nbsp I am using Lenovo Y laptop I was able to switch on WiFi earlier but Could My WiFi laptop Intel my enable not on it is not working now I think it happened earlier also but somehow Could not enable Intel My WiFi on my laptop by updating relevant drivers the issue fixed did not remember exactly nbsp Now since few days in my system tray Intel My WiFi Technology icon is there and when I click right click on it all the options are grayed out due to which I could not enable WiFi But one option Open Intel My WiFi Utility is allowed to select and when I opened the profiles option is again grayed out and it is displaying message that Network Adapter Not Found Then I went to Control Panel---- gt Devices--- gt Device Manager--- gt Network Adapter--- gt Intel R WiFi Link BGN---- gt and updated the drivers here nbsp Restarted the machine but issue did not fix nbsp Then deleted that Intel R WiFi Link BGN from Network Adapters and deleted drivers C---- gt Program Files--- gt Intel---- gt WiFi---- gt Drivers downloaded from internet and uploaded drivers again C---- gt Program Files--- gt Intel---- gt WiFi---- gt Drivers then restarted the machine again no use nbsp I also updated S and S in Win as I could see one folder name called drivers in C drive C---- gt Drivers--- gt Intel Wireless WiFi Link Driver--- gt Win --- gt S S Folders nbsp I am now totally confused Lenovo support does not want to help and they are telling to sign up for extending warranty otherwise asking to take this machine to servicing center But I don t think it is required to take laptop to them for this small issue as we can definitely fix this with all your valuable suggestions and assistance nbsp Please help me nbsp Thanks for your time K Sharath

A:Could not enable Intel My WiFi on my laptop

hi K. Sharath,

From this microsoft article, it looks like the Intel My WiFi technology is not compatible with the Intel(R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN card and is only applicable to certain types of Intel Wi-FI adapters.

To turn ON the Wi-Fi capability of the Lenovo Y460, you will need to:
1. Slide the physical wi-fi switch to the ON position
  - Link to picture

2. Press Fn+F5 to enable the wireless card (ensure Current Status is set to "ON")
  - Link to picture

Note:
The Lenovo Energy Management Driver must be installed for the function keys to work

3. If same problem, boot into the BIOS by pressing F2 on startup and ensure that the WLAN Device is Enabled.
  - Link to picture

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Could-not-enable-Intel-My-WiFi-on-my-laptop/td-p/1632034
Relevancy 44.72%

This is my first post here, so please excuse any mistakes I may make. My HP 2000 laptop isn't allowing me to enable my wifi. If I press F12, it enables and disables Airplane Mode instead of my wireless connection. I've had to do this before, and it was through the control panel I think? I'm using Windows 8 OS. Any help is appreciated,

Emily

Relevancy 44.72%

Re: Samsung Laptop 365E5C-S05. Under Boot Option Priority, in the Setup Utility the Boot option #1 is Windows Boot Mangager (PO....1). It is disabled. How can I enable it? There is no box to check to enable it. Thank You.

A:Can't enable Boot Option in my laptop.

Originally Posted by zuko53

Re: Samsung Laptop 365E5C-S05. Under Boot Option Priority, in the Setup Utility the Boot option #1 is Windows Boot Mangager (PO....1). It is disabled. How can I enable it? There is no box to check to enable it. Thank You.

If you highlight that option then press Enter, does not an options dialog box appear?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/41927-cant-enable-boot-option-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a HP Pavillian laptop that has built in wireless capability. A month ago, I installed a Verizon wireless pc card (slide-in) and the software, so that I could go online when away from home. I decided I didn't like the service so I cancelled it and uninstalled the VZ software. Now I can't receive a wireless signal at the library. It will not allow me to enable the WLAN assistant so any signals nearby are not seen.

What should I do?

Relevancy 44.72%

help me pls.
my laptop keyboard broke down a while ago, as of now, i don't have extra money for me to be able to replace it. now im using USB keyboard only, since my current keyboard doesn't have a fn key in it, i can't open the shortcut for the bluetooth using the keyboard.

1. is there any other way to open/enable it without using the keyboard?
2. i also can't see the BLUETOOTH device in the Device Manager, is that normal?

**i can use my bluetooth before my laptop broke down. and i saw in another forum that if you cant enable the bluetooth physically, the windows will not detect it but the forum is abt windows tablet so im not sure if it also applies with laptops.

A:enable bluetooth in my laptop without using the keyboard

Hi see if the method here helps Set up a Bluetooth enabled device

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/329018-enable-bluetooth-my-laptop-without-using-keyboard.html
Relevancy 43.86%

i dont knw how to switch on the wirelss on my Envy

Solved!
View Solution.

A:How do I enable (turn on) wireless on my Envy laptop?

Check the Lights on the F12 key if it is amber that means your wirelss is not on ..try to push the F12 Once it will turn Blue and thn try access the internetthat might help youGood Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-do-I-enable-turn-on-wireless-on-my-Envy-laptop/td-p/858735
Relevancy 43.86%

hi guys i need help. i have new laptop hp pavillion dv6t-6b00 notebook. i installed windows 7 ultimate on it. the touch pad has no scrol bar line on it. one of my friend told me that you can enable it from mouse properties. so i tried every thing there is no virtual scrolling button or if i go to personalize> mouse pointer> there is no gestures button .. so how can i enable it plz help thankyou

A:how can i enable virtual scroll on my laptop touchpad

Hello and Welcome to TSG moeenali.

You will need to download the drivers for the touch pad. As well as other drivers such as chipset drivers.

Drivers for Win 7 32 bit

Drivers for Win 7 64 bit

Here's a link on Using and Configuring the TouchPad in Windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-enable-virtual-scroll-on-my-laptop-touchpad.1075839/
Relevancy 43.86%

Re: Samsung 365E5C-S05. In the Aptio Setup Utility, under Boot Option Priority under the Boot tab, the Boot Option #1l is Windows Boot Manager (PO. . . . .) When I highlight it and click on, it says it is disabled and I feel that I have to enable it. Can anybody tell me how to effect that? There are no boxes to check, it jujst says disabled. Thank You.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526177/how-can-i-enable-boot-opition-1-on-my-samsung-laptop/
Relevancy 43.86%

My bluetooth stopped working in my ASUS Q302LA. Bluetooth doesn't even show in the Settings>Devices in Win 10. In Device Manager, under Microsoft LE Enumerator, Properties, it states "Device cannot start, Code 10." I clean installed win10 and am getting the same result, which leads me to think it is a BIOS problem. Any ideas.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/enable-bluetooth-in-bios-asus-laptop.1164644/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a Toshiba Satellite A665-S6086 and I lost my mouse a few weeks ago. In the program blender I need to hold on to the middle mouse button to rotate the object. I have tryed to hold left-and right-click buttons and that did not work, so I went into the mouse properties and could not find anything that had to do with the middle click functionality.
It would help if someone knew how to fix this or anouther way to rotate the object.

A:I am having trouble to enable the use of middle cick on my laptop.

Hi and welcome to TSF did you reinstall any driver for the mouse

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-am-having-trouble-to-enable-the-use-of-middle-cick-on-my-laptop-747825.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi. everytime i start up my laptop i have to push this button to start my wireless internet. My wireless network is managed by xp, but a signal will not be detected untill i press that button. I want the wireless to connect automaticaly upon bootup. It does connect automaticaly once i press that button now. Any suggestions?

The integrated wireless nic is made by Ralink Tech.

A:Button to enable wireless on laptop (disable help)

You'll probably find all that in the manual.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/button-to-enable-wireless-on-laptop-disable-help.39145/
Relevancy 43.86%

Ok i am back again with a problem, actually not a problem. Do any one of u have any idea how to enable my laptop speakers and headphones at the same time. I mean both should make sound simultaneously.

A:How to enable my laptop speakers and headphones at the same time

I don't believe it is possible. As far as I know, the sound card can only output one channel at a time. I don't know to much about the specifics of audio cards so I am assuming.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/226248-how-enable-my-laptop-speakers-headphones-same-time.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Can I enable bluetooth connections on this laptop, and if so, how do I do it?  I would like to connect to a bluetooth external speaker.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

A:How to enable bluetooth on my Pavilion laptop 17-e137cl

Hi, Sorry, it does not have builtin Bluetooth in the first place as shown:       http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04092019 Option: You can use USB-BT dongle, which is similar to the following one    http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/targus-bluetooth-4-0-usb-adaptor-taacb75au Regards.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/How-to-enable-bluetooth-on-my-Pavilion-laptop-17-e137cl/td-p/5854667
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey BC community Note I have never had a problem like this before it has just well Removed being as Firewall code: as 0x80070424 Firewall 7 Service Windows error started this Windows 7 Firewall error code: 0x80070424 as well as Firewall Service being Removed week I play maplestory and this program detected something wrong with my firewall So I proceeded to my security settings and attempted to edit my firewall settings turn it on off and then this error code popped up So I tried to edit the other settings and the same error code came up each time After that came up SEVERAL TIMES I went to a microsoft and other forums to search for help They told me to go to this window And said to go to Windows firewall and do something with it but it s not there to do anything to I really have NO IDEA what to do It isn t effecting me that much but when i start my Maplestory file up to reinstall it it closes and it says this Install Start User Temp Directory C Users Devin AppData Local Temp Use CRC false File Name C Users Devin Desktop MSSetupv exe Game Code Cannot Regitster Firewall C ProgramData NexonUS NGM NGM exe Nexon Game Manager ErrCode - - Install Path C Nexon MapleStoryI have downloaded microsoft anti virus things and they quot cleaned up quot my computer but it still hasn t changed anything Help Sincerely Devin

A:Windows 7 Firewall error code: 0x80070424 as well as Firewall Service being Removed

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) DownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449365/windows-7-firewall-error-code-0x80070424-as-well-as-firewall-service-being-removed/
Relevancy 43.86%

IS the esset firewall any worth comparied to comando? or outpost or others? I know its mainly a anti virus with built in firewall but does is it worth it? is comando the best?

A:eset firewall and anti virus or whats the best firewall with windows

If you are looking for a firewall and an antivirus, look no further than windows firewall and MSE.
Who knows windows better than microsoft.

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/232395-eset-firewall-anti-virus-whats-best-firewall-windows.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a problem with Windows Firewall disabling itself every 5 or 6 hours on my computer! Windows Firewall will automatically disable itself and give the following message "Windows Firewall is not using the recommended settings to protect your computer." with only one option "use recommended settings" but I can click that option but after 5 or 6 hours, Windows Firewall gives the same message and is disabled! and I have to go into control panel and fix it! I have a program that cannot connect to the internet because it will automatically update to a new version with less stickers for my photos and deactivate my license for that program and forces me to revo uninstall and reinstall my old version due to this Windows Firewall problem!

A:Windows Firewall disables itself every 5 or 6 hours "Wndows Firewall i

First mate, you'll want to scan the computer with an antivirus program. There are numerous free ones if you do not own one yet, such as AVG free, Avast free, or MS Security Essentials. Only use one, otherwise they will conflict with eachother. Use the full scan option if available.

A good program to use in addition to an antivirus program is malwarebytes free, but up to you if you want to install it or not, and run the additional full scan.

Next, run this: Diagnose and fix Windows Firewall service problems automatically

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/319387-windows-firewall-disables-itself-every-5-6-hours-wndows-firewall-i.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi guys Could anyone explain to me why Windows Firewall starts when I have Comodo Firewall installed and running It makes me nervous I have a fresh installation of Comodo Internet Security The only reason I knew it party installed firewall Firewall Windows starts 3rd active with and was running was because I got Windows Firewall starts with 3rd party firewall installed and active the message after a reboot screenshot When I went into control panel it confirmed I had two firewalls running screenshot So I have no idea why WF started or how long it had been running I seem to remember when I had BitDefender Windows Firewall starts with 3rd party firewall installed and active IS it did the same thing is it to Windows Firewall starts with 3rd party firewall installed and active do with my system maybe Why does it do that Is there any way I can ensure Windows Firewall stays off BTW in screenshot you can see I have multiple antivirus programs well they are Comodo and Emsisoft AM as well as a rather annoying addition in Advanced System Care Ultimate Am I right in thinking Emsi is more malware than virus oriented and compatible with an AV Also when I installed Advanced System Care Ultimate they state that their AV is designed to work alongside the main AV I have it turned off although it still shows up here Thanks for any ideas and support Chig

A:Windows Firewall starts with 3rd party firewall installed and active

Personally I would scrap the lot and install Microsoft Security Essentials. You certainly do not need any third party "Advanced System Care" software with Windows 7. I think you are heading for all sorts of conflicts with what you have installed at the moment. You will find your system speeds up when you get rid of all that bloat. I bet if you check Start up they are all there jockeying for position and slowing your system down. Ughhhh!

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/289923-windows-firewall-starts-3rd-party-firewall-installed-active.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have COMODO firewall installed on my notebook running Vista Home Premium. Should I turn off Windows firewall? Will they conflict with each other? Other threads I searched about this didn't really answer that question.

I also have NOD32 running.
Thanks,
G

A:Solved: Windows Firewall turn off or leave on with COMODO Firewall?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-firewall-turn-off-or-leave-on-with-comodo-firewall.667073/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have been dealin with this days now and went through all the steps recommended by Microsoft even downloaded Virtual tech for mcafee and FIx it for MS none worked went to google to try to follow other advises and tried to do malware removal after it i followed these steps Download both the registry files bfe reg firewall reg Launch and import them to registry Restart your PC Now open RUN and type regedit and click ok go to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services BFE Right click on it-permissions Click on ADD and type Everyone and click ok Now Click on Everyone Below you have permission for users Select full control and click ok Now open RUN and type services msc and click ok start base filtering engine service and then windows firewall service gt gt gt upon tryng to start service on base filtering and windows firewall it gave the ff errors gt gt gt please see attached screen shot wat to do now help please

A:Windows Personal Firewall service and Mcafee firewall not turning on

Hello achienina What Anti-virus program are you running?
Have you done an in-depth scan, and did it find any malware?

EDIT... oops, Windows Firewall needs to be disabled in Services in order for McAfee's firewall to work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/264057-windows-personal-firewall-service-mcafee-firewall-not-turning.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My Wireless just quit working.  The button is orange and I can't press the button to make it blue(turn it on). It's as if the wireless adapter just quit.  I found a search back in 2009 that it was a known issue but that was other laptops. That issue made reference to BIOS.  Mine is:BIOS Version/Date           Hewlett-Packard F.52, 8/26/2009 Any other things I can test/check?

A:HP Laptop Wireless Adapter will not enable anymore Pressing...

@Scooter2368? System Driver Support Page:HP G60-530US Notebook PC The wireless button only works to engage Wireless when there is a functional Wireless network setup in place. From the How-to Section: Setting Up a New Connection to a Wireless Local Area Network (Windows 7) Creating a Wireless Home Network (Windows 7) You may need to reinstall your Wireless Driver: Control Panel > icon view > Device Manager > Open network to find which type of Wireless driver is needed for your system. From the Troubleshooting Section for your notebook:  Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7) Troubleshoot a Lost Internet or E-mail Connection on a Wireless Network (Windows 7) Wireless Network Connection Fails When Notebook is Switched to Battery Power When you see a Post that helps you,Inspires you, provides fresh insight,Or teaches you something new,Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Laptop-Wireless-Adapter-will-not-enable-anymore-Pressing/td-p/5697638
Relevancy 43.43%

hi im fairly new to windows 7 home premium i set up a guest user area so that my kids & other than myself can use the labtop and wont distrub my files on my user area the problem is is that the internet has been disabled in the guest user area when the internet is clicked on its says " guest users not granted acess" which makes it useless because no one can get online how can i enable the internet brouser in the guest user area ive tried several times and ways with no succcess thank you all in advance

A:HELLO setup guest user on laptop but cannot how to enable internet

Hello wil, Welcome to Sevenforums!

May I suggest disabling the 'guest account' and just creating a standard limited user account and naming it 'guest'? It will then function as you would like it to. There are many things that you can do to limit what users can do on the limited user accounts, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask them here.

Hope I've answered your question

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/211193-hello-setup-guest-user-laptop-but-cannot-how-enable-internet.html
Relevancy 43.43%

A user brought a laptop with a broken screen nbsp screen). How laptop (Broken enable blind? to VGA adapter I had it running to a second external monitor and it worked fine but I wanted to do a factory reset on the laptop HP Pavilion Windows nbsp In an attempt to force Windows to boot to the second monitor I disabled the default video driver some last ditch internet advice nbsp Now it won't boot to the second monitor at all and none of the normal Windows methods work Windows Key Alt-F hotkey etc nbsp I think it's because Windows' multi-monitor support depends on that video driver nbsp I need to re-enable that video card but I have to do it blind nbsp I've tried recording and counting my steps but I haven't had any luck Would it be possible to remove the hard drive from the laptop and edit specific Windows configuration files to re-enable that video adapter then put the hard drive back in the laptop and boot it up nbsp Does anyone know what config files these would be nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e2db7e99-f571-4542-a50e-538bef64f4b0/how-to-enable-vga-adapter-blind-broken-laptop-screen?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 43.43%

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with a method to enable sounds for when you plug in or remove a charger connected to your laptop. It is not a problem with my pc, but is an option that is not available for me which i would like to install to let me know if i accidentally unplugged the charger, particularly if I'm working on a full-screen feature. Any help would be appreciated.
I have Windows 7 home Premium 32-bit installed.

A:How to enable sound when plugging/unplugging charger for laptop.

In the System Sounds, there is an option for device connect or disconnect. This will probably do what you want. You will have to assign a sound for those functions.

The System Sounds panel can be accessed from Start/Control Panel/Hardware and Sounds. Click on "Change System Sounds".

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/263549-how-enable-sound-when-plugging-unplugging-charger-laptop.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Firewall Issue s - Windows XP Professional amp Comodo Firewall Pro Friday December rd This morning I was looking at the features and settings of Comodo Firewall Pro Version Accidentally I clicked no when a learned prompt came up asking if I wanted to allow Avast Free Edition to connect to the net I believe it was Avast Anyway I figured I would uninstall and reinstall to correct the settings no big deal or so I thought When windows started back up and gave me the security alert prompt Control Panel gt Windows Security Center and I figured no big deal However it was saying Comodo Firewall Professional Windows - Comodo Pro Firewall XP & Issue(s) is not installed Firewall Issue(s) - Windows XP Professional & Comodo Firewall Pro bla bla bla When I enabled XP Professional s firewall window s message said Comodo was working etc Windows Firewall worked within normal parameters as far as I could tell otherwise I will try to recreate issue buy uninstalling and will post detailed results later with screen shots Sunday December th I tried recreating the incident and my results confuse me Windows XP Professional Security Center Says Comodo Firewall not on bla bla bla However when I turn on XP s firewall it says Windows Firewall is on bla bla bla So why when I turn off windows firewall does it say that Comodo not windows firewall is disabled How would I correct this Thank you nbsp

A:Firewall Issue(s) - Windows XP Professional & Comodo Firewall Pro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firewall-issue-s-windows-xp-professional-comodo-firewall-pro.660472/