Windows Support Forum

Prevent Admin Accounts From Changing Other Admin Account Passwords In Xp!

Q: Prevent Admin Accounts From Changing Other Admin Account Passwords In Xp!

Basically I have two admin accounts one of which belongs to another member of family and one which belongs to me. Heres the situation:

The person who owns the other Admin account is changing my accounts password (also an admin account). Surely there is some way to make it so that I can not have my account's password changed unless it is logged on to my actual account (so my account's password can only be changed if my account is logged on?)

Is there a way?

In urgent need of help!

Thanks!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Prevent Admin Accounts From Changing Other Admin Account Passwords In Xp!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Prevent Admin Accounts From Changing Other Admin Account Passwords In Xp!

Here's an article (for Win2K) that may help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309799But, IMO, the issue here is that the other person can't be trusted. In such a situation I'd suggest making the other account into a Standard User account - that way they won't be able to mess with your stuff, and they'll be reliant upon you for anything that requires administrative privileges.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153087/prevent-admin-accounts-from-changing-other-admin-account-passwords-in-xp/
Relevancy 93.62%

Hi
Is there a way to disable network setting changing with administrator account?
making account as limited user will not do the trick user must remain as administrator. local security policies? registry? any idea?

A:Prevent network setting changing with admin account?

Have a look at making them a power user, rather then an administrator. Then apply your group policy and it should do the trick.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/prevent-network-setting-changing-with-admin-account-518257.html
Relevancy 89.59%

Hello All I'm delighted No to accounts change /Cannot Admin admin user account existing Access to have found you and after a long day of trying to help myself i am now requiring your much appreciated assistance please I'm not a techy person at all and am hoping someone can help Last week my husband purchased a new hp laptop which No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account came with Windows On setup i used my No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account microsoft account to login with a pin the account was setup as administrator No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account thinking i could change things later About days later i added a standard user account for my husband with a microsoft account login with pin I wanted to make his the administrator account but thought i had better change mine to a standard account first My mistake Now i cannot change anything i have tried to use the cmd prompt to run as administrator - it asks for administrator permission and does not allow me to enter a password or yes I have tried all suggestions to enable the hidden windows account but all ask for the same permission I have tried to go to setup recovery troubleshoot advanced option system restore - it requests an administrator password and when i entered what i thought is mine it does not work Feeling a little Does anybody know anyway i can go back in time to start again or how do i access administrator rights as i really need to add programs etc Thank you for any help given

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/61945-no-admin-access-cannot-change-existing-user-accounts-admin-account.html
Relevancy 88.97%

Hi,
I am working on a 2012 ADDS based network and I have the following requirement.
I want to create a local administrator user account on the local domain computers (Win XP, 7 and 8) which will have full access on the PC but not the permission to edit other local administrator accounts.
Please advise how I can achieve this.

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

A:local admin account with no permit to edit other admin accounts

Local admin account by definition has access to everything and even if it doesn't it can take ownership and give itself the rights. In other words i am not sure that you can achieve what you
are trying to do.

I would suggest create a single shared local admin account and give it your desktop admins, change the password every 60-90 days to keep it more secure. This is common practice in many
organizations.

http://www.dannyeckes.com/create-local-admin-group-policy-gpo/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/125eabac-06f7-45ee-9792-f642c82eab2e/local-admin-account-with-no-permit-to-edit-other-admin-accounts?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 83.08%

okay freshly into win now having obtained a new hdd for my comp I have been running as the admin of my computer since accounts became an unavoidable thing barring the occasional frustration-induced blunder I tend to stay Properly Paranoid in my habits to make sure I have no problems but win doesn't think that I could ever be intelligent enough to have full rights on any account other than the built-in admin account which of course I'd want to avoid using outside emergencies that render other accounts damaged somehow so I'm looking to find out how to make another user account with FULL admin rights not just the constantly have to get permission stuff that a standard snort admin account has full rights that don't involve constantly having to run as administrator yes yes I've heard people trying to get me more paranoid so that I'd endure the added hassles all it does is make me more irate with the situation so if noone's willing to provide me with instruction on this it's probably best for the thread to be left to fall off the board

A:of win7, admin rights, admin accounts, and real admin accounts

I don't know what your problem is. To make another administrator account - Start - Control panel - User Account - 
Manage another account - Create a new account - Give it a name - put a check mark for Administrator - 
click - Create Account. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517811/of-win7-admin-rights-admin-accounts-and-real-admin-accounts/
Relevancy 81.22%

I just bought my 15 year old son a laptop with Windows 8. I was able to set up my Admin account and his "standard" account, and put a time curfew and limits on his account, but when I logged in as him, I saw that he would be able to create another account which would pretty much defeat the whole time limit thing! Is there a way to prevent all but admin accounts to be able to create more accounts?? I'm pretty technically savvy but this new W8 is not as easy to navigate as the previous versions!! (I wouldn't mind a "classic view" either, if that exists!)

A:prevent all but admin accounts to create more accounts?

Hello cbird, and welcome to Eight Forums.

By default, standard users are not able to create new accounts or do anything that effects anything other than just their user account.

The only way a standard account is able to create a new account is if that standard user entered the administrator's password when prompted by UAC when trying to do so through the Control Panel (icon view) -> User Accounts -> Manage Accounts.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/31064-prevent-all-but-admin-accounts-create-more-accounts.html
Relevancy 108.36%

Hello there, Bleepsters. This is security/hacker protection related, although not AV, firewall, or privacy. I hope it's OK to post it in this forum.

I'm running Win 7 Home Premium. Should I be using the admin account, or a standard user account? (I'm the only one with physical access to this computer.) And if/when I use the admin account, should I be using a strong password, or would that not protect me much from getting hacked? I do use CIS and Windows Defender for real-time protection, but I don't think those will prevent invasion upon Windows startup, correct? Oh I'm also on DSL, not wifi or any type of network, so that safety base is covered.

Many thanks, as always!

A:Admin Account and Passwords

You should be using a regular user account with which you can use UAC to install things that require administrative rights.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/411181/admin-account-and-passwords/
Relevancy 107.07%

Hi All,

I encountered a strange issue with XP Prof. It had a default administrator account and another User1 account with admin priviliges.
One of my friends one day logged into the system and disabled both administrator as well as User1 account. Next time onwards, whenever we tried logging into the system, it wasn't showing any accounts in the list.

Finally I was able to correct this problem by booting into safe mode but the issue is that the Administrator account should be non-editable by others.

Is there any way I can make the default Administrator account totally un-editable by other users even if they have Administrator access?

Thanks
Dheeraj
Artificial Intelligence is no Match for Natural Stupidity

A:Prevent disabling of Admin account on Win XP Prof

I can't answer your question directly, but I think the most basic solution is to password protect the Admin Account. I assume the Admin account is also the "default". There is a way to make this account "hidden" and have another account with limited privelges run as default, but I don't know how to do it. A Win2000 machine I used to use was set up this way.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/prevent-disabling-of-admin-account-on-win-xp-prof-128628.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Dear All,

I have 2 accounts set in my windows 7 PC- admin & standard.
Is it possible to prevent safe mode login for the standard a/c? I mean when the standard user will try to enter in safe mode, he/she will be denied access (may be force shutdown or a prompt to enter some password set by me). If there is any 3rd party tool to do so, you can suggest me that as well.

Thanks in advance,
Troy.

A:How to prevent safe mode login for non-admin account?

Why? Do you have a particular concern about a non-admin user entering safe mode? A non-admin user in safe mode will have the same access as they do in the non-safe mode. They are not granted any extra powers or capabilities.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/203808-how-prevent-safe-mode-login-non-admin-account.html
Relevancy 105.35%

I hope someone can help me Just this morning i booted up as normal and the always annoying UAC stopped when account admin admin Admin checked! is even being notifications kept Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! popping up I was sure i had disabled these Then i went to use my music software and it said that this account Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! didn't have admin privileges I checked my user account and the check box states that is is an admin account and that UAC is turnd off i only have one account anyways Ive looked on google extensively Tried making new profiles and copy the old one over but that only worked to a certain point - lots of programs didn't work lost mail settings etc Not really workable Tried system restore to no avail Tried using the vista admin account and changing my account - rebooting - etc No change My guess is that something has got Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! corrupt in my user profile and windows is not remembering that i should be an admin I can't use my software and i have a deadline Any one who can help will win a magical prize or something Jen

A:Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked!

Welcome
Should be easy, create a New Administrator account and give it permissions to use the software.
User Account - Create
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rs-groups.html
Procedure for Seven is the Same as For Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294399-admin-account-stopped-being-admin-even-when-admin-checked.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Hi,
I have been looking for this answer for 2 days and can not find anyone who has had similair problem.

THere are 2 accounts Administrator and Kenmystro/administrator. I have the password for both and can access both. win 7 Ultimate Hp8510.
I have already selected all user permissions and taken ownership in every box I could find for Kenmystro/admin. the UAC is at minimum and the security centre is off. Run as admin on right click does not help.
It does not matter which of the 2 accounts I log into when I try install certain HP software(Maintenance
& some drivers) it says I do not have admin privileges.

This is driving me nuts can anyone help??

Relevancy 104.92%

So I'm logged in as a standard user and at start up I have to type in 15 admin passwords just to get the things running on the computer. Especially Asus AI Suite II. But I was just wondering is there a way to get that program to stop asking for all the passwords? I do use it ALOT and the program has saved my behind a couple times when I overclocked to high one time. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

A:Standard User account and the barage of Admin passwords

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoib

We have liftoff!!!

I uninstalled everything. Logged in as the standard user. Hit the install package. It begged me for the admin - I responded. Install completed successfully. I went to the shortcut and took ownership of the referenced folder after providing again, the admin password. In the prop panel, the ownership was listed as "\\....Administrator" - and I reassigned ownership to the standard user, HA017. I closed out and rebooted.

Bingo! Standard user now has direct privs into the application - no admin password prompt.

BTW, before I got to this point of uninstall and reinstall, I did try the AppLocker secpol snap in as you suggested. When I called in the default "Path" item, It already populated HA017 as having "Allow" rights along with the Administrators Group and Administrators. With the standard user, this still failed. I went and added the "Everyone" object to "Allow" and tried the standard user. Did not work again.

So, happily, we're back in business and we didn't have to sacrifice security for functionality.

H

Would the above really work???

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/367402-standard-user-account-barage-admin-passwords.html
Relevancy 104.92%

I'm having some issues with my upgrade to win system me Programs asking passwords and for admin user admin Programs that need elevated access are now asking me for both the Sys Admin and my local admin password Of course the sys admin has no password and my local admin does So no matter what I do I get it wrong Earlier today I was trying to reset the tiles in my start menu to default I followed directions I found on the web activated the sys admin account went to the sys admin account the users app data tabletray But I kept getting the error that something quot was already in use quot and I couldn't copy all the files I went ahead Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords and pasted what I had in my local admin and standard user account then I disabled the sys admin account Now some programs icons I installed earlier today have disappeared I have to go to an admin account to gain access and turn them on MSI afterburner And any program that needs Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords admin access I'm not sure if I'm giving it access or it's just starting without admin access Seems like the next time I re-boot or log off I have to do it all over again when a program asks for elevated access it shows sys admin account AND local admin account above the password box Is that normal I could have sworn it only had my local admin account listed before If I have to re-install where do I Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords get the free win upgrade again are those files saved on my pc

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/58127-programs-asking-me-system-admin-user-admin-passwords.html
Relevancy 101.91%

I have changed the UAC in my (Admin) account to turn it off. I have accounts for 3 other people, regular user accounts.
On those regular accounts, if you try to start several of the games I have installed (LOTRO, Neverwinter, etc.) UAC stops the game from loading, asks if you will allow, then rejects it as you need to be logged in as ADMIN to give permission.

I checked UAC while logged into a regular account, and it is turned on (After I turned it off in ADMIN account). It will not let me change the setting, saying I need to be logged in as ADMIN.

Now, I am NOT going to give my 8 year old granddaughter ADMIN rights, so how do I turn off UAC in that account?

A:User Account Control will not change in non-admin accounts

Hello mac,

UAC settings can only be changed by an administrator. In addition, UAC settings are applied globally to all users on the PC.

User Account Control (UAC) - Change Settings in Windows 10

As a workaround, you could see if using the tutorial below to create an elevated shortcut that a standard user can use without getting a UAC prompt may help. However, this method does not always work for games.

Elevated Program Shortcut - Create for Standard User - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/57882-user-account-control-will-not-change-non-admin-accounts.html
Relevancy 101.91%

Like the title says I mean WTF It was a custom that a so-called friend of the family conned my mother into buying at inflated prices I checked Told my mom not to trust him but she felt sorry for him because he just lost his job working for a company that make computers Loser actually has the balls to act like I am a idiot that don t know anything about computers speaking to me like I read two account admin CDs the can from not my from I accounts. but Guest XP other Home am a baby This isn t the only problem I have but most of the others are manageable I had to put in a new RAM chip because the one he place in was only had megs added a gig RAM chip from best buy and a new sound card because there was no sound card I can read CDs from my XP Home Guest account but not from the other two admin accounts. Anyways I can see the disk drive in I can read CDs from my XP Home Guest account but not from the other two admin accounts. my computer and it knows when there is a cd in there I have to manually access the files or exe for installing things like Microsoft Office in Guest it basically does not autorun when a cd is place in but I don t even get that in my admin accounts It either sits there doing nothing or it tells me to insert a cd when I try right clicking on the disk drive in the I can read CDs from my XP Home Guest account but not from the other two admin accounts. admin accounts EDIT I am pretty sure that this problem has something to do with the OS or at least part of the software because I have taken the drives out and placed them in another computer before Unfortunately the guy that made the thing refused to give me the OS installion disk Didn t bother to put a CD image on there either

A:I can read CDs from my XP Home Guest account but not from the other two admin accounts.

You could try this fix:http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben...p;x=12&y=13

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/298158/i-can-read-cds-from-my-xp-home-guest-account-but-not-from-the-other-two-admin-accounts/
Relevancy 99.76%

I just user when admin non made Lost Admin account account made a non admin user account on my Dell Inspiron windows xp laptop When I went online to sign in under my account admin it is no longer there My name Penne is there and Lost Admin user account when made non admin account so is my daughters I click on my name put my password in and it takes me to the desktop for my daughter and ALL my stuff is gone PLEASE HELP I have googled this and the only thing Lost Admin user account when made non admin account I am seeing is that you need to sign in under an Admin user account to fix this and get my stuff back THere is Lost Admin user account when made non admin account NO admin user account so how can I get it all back I did the F and went to restore to previous point and that didnt work I know there is a way to go to the restore calendar and find a day that her user account was not on there like last week so this might work but I dont know how to find this PLEASE help as all of my EVERYTHING is on my user account and I am lost without it all have a retreat this weekend and I need all of my sheet music and my songs Thanks so much PENNE nbsp

Relevancy 99.76%

Issue Two weeks ago when I tried to install VLC internet access via IE Chrome stopped [SOLVED] existing admin Browsers except for working account accounts all and FireFox for all of my accounts except admin account stopped working Please note VLC never got successfully installed I cannot find it on my computer All browsers from my admin account continue to work Windows is not able to detect any issues with LAN connectivity in fact I see the byte count constantly changing My setup I am running windows I do not have access to windows install disc or boot CD I do not have any valid backups or restore points My LAN connection is wired not wireless I [SOLVED] Browsers stopped working for all accounts except existing admin account have uninstalled IE and now have Chrome and FireFox both of which also do not work on these accounts I have Norton firewall and AutoProtect always turned on So far I have done the following If I switch the account type of other accounts to administrator - they still don't work If I create a new account admin or Std browsers still don't work Ran through malwarebytes and adware I have Norton installed I disabled Norton firewall and Autoprotect browsers still don't work With Old Rich's help on the Networking forum we diagnosed that there is nothing wrong with accessing the network from the accounts on which Browsers don't work see quot Re Administrator can get on the internet but other users can't quot on networking forum I am able to successfully ping google com from cmd window So he suggested that I create a thread here I have followed your instructions and here is the output of [SOLVED] Browsers stopped working for all accounts except existing admin account DDS TXT DDS TXT contents DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by EMACHINES at on - - [SOLVED] Browsers stopped working for all accounts except existing admin account Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Norton Disabled Updated D FA C -F - B -D EC- EDF CEDB SP Norton Enabled Updated E -D C- F-EC C- AD B SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW Norton Disabled E E -BF - E -FDB -A EAC E A Running Processes C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows system nvvsvc exe C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows System spoolsv exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Norton Engine N exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Norton Engine N exe C windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearch Page hxxp www google com uDefault Page URL hxxp www google com uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com mStart Page hxxp www google com uProxyOverride lt local gt uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Password C D - - E - AC - F AFBF - C Program Files x Password x Agile pIE dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Norton Identity Protection ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Browsers stopped working for all accounts except existing admin account

I forgot to mention that proxy server is NOT setup for the accounts in which browsers do not work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/solved-browsers-stopped-working-for-all-accounts-except-existing-admin-account-972265.html
Relevancy 99.76%

I am setting up a very basic computer for a company, and I have already activated "The Administrator" and created a secondary Administrator. I will need accesss to The Administrator often. So what I am asking; Is there a way to prevent one administrator from deleting the other intentionally or unintentionally? I've set the password on the one I don't want deleted, but I know that is not enough, because the other Admin can still remove it.

A:How can I prevent one Admin from deleting another Admin??

Not sure how this is network or sharing related but it should be noted that the built-in Administrator can never be deleted only deactivated. It is strongly advised to only activate it when necessary.

You should only allow users Admin access if you wish them to have full control of that machine. The only possible way I can think of is to restrict access via group policy to that one Administrator so that it cannot change what you don't want it to.

Group Policy - Apply to a Specific User or Group

Please understand that even this isn't perfect and they may be able to bypass it via a command prompt therefore it may be worth restricting access to the command prompt. That being said if you want that much restriction then the account in question should really be a standard user.

Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/304368-how-can-i-prevent-one-admin-deleting-another-admin.html
Relevancy 99.76%

I realize when I log in as administrator I can only change the power options of that admin account. If a non-admin user tries to change power options access is denied. So how do I change the power options for a non-administrator account?

A:Changing power options for a non-admin account

Windows 7 ultimate or higher or Windows XP PRO? Xp Pro it might be achieved using the group policy editor.

If you don't have a pro version of Windows it has to be done through the registry which is very tricky. If you do not know how to use the Windows registry or feel confident to it can be risky.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/changing-power-options-for-a-non-admin-account-840138.html
Relevancy 99.76%

Hello,

I installed Windows 8.1 two days ago and have set up two accounts, one Administrator tied to Microsoft and one local Standard account. For some reason, the Standard account keeps on changing its account type by itself to have full administrative rights. Any idea on how to fix this?

Also, do you think I even need two accounts? I am the sole user of this PC. Do you think I could just use the Admin account? Thank you!

A:Standard account changing back to Admin on its own

Hey mate,

For your last question, I usually use a standard [Microsoft] account, where I do all my work. The admin account lies dormant, until I need to install anything on it. I just install from my standard account, using the Admin account info when needed.
[Edit] The reason I do this is to add another layer of protection, to prevent malware access to the Admin account [/Edit]

For the first problem, you might try creating the two accounts over again, and delete the old ones. Make sure you have all important and recommended updates installed from control panel, and an antivirus (Either the built-in Defender or another you trust).

Let me know if this doesn't work for you, and I'll offer more advice. Take care.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/57331-standard-account-changing-back-admin-its-own.html
Relevancy 99.76%

Is it possible to change local administrator account names on PCs across a network to a uniform name by running a login script? I'm pretty sure it is possible, but I really need to know where I could find such a script.

TIA,

roto

A:Script for changing local admin account name?

Are all these windows machines? Or are you running in a mixed environment? Is this a workgroup or domain environment? Are the machines running a remote control client (Altiris, ZenWorks, etc.) of some kind?

Do you actually need to rename the account? Or are you just looking for a standard local admin account?

If it is a Windows environment I'd recommend you write a script that creates a user on the local machine, assigns the user to the local administrators group, and creates a password for the new account. Next, have the script disable the local administrator account. Run the script against all the machines on the network and you're there.

This would be a great intro to WMI scripting and Microsoft's script-o-matic would get you started.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/script-for-changing-local-admin-account-name.364074/
Relevancy 99.76%

I've just been having a very large amount of permission problems in various programs, right now I'm having trouble compiling and running the temporary .exe's CodeBlocks makes, getting "permission denied" as an actual compiler error.

So what I'd like to do, and I'm not sure if its possible, is activate the built in full power administrator, which I know how to do, and then rename it to my current account name, or make it so where they merge. I don't really want to have to set all my folders up and such (especially with programs like itunes, which will go off the file path of the username)

~Thanks
~Kyle

A:Changing My user account to Built-in Admin

Quote: Originally Posted by ZeldaKrazy

I've just been having a very large amount of permission problems in various programs, right now I'm having trouble compiling and running the temporary .exe's CodeBlocks makes, getting "permission denied" as an actual compiler error.

So what I'd like to do, and I'm not sure if its possible, is activate the built in full power administrator, which I know how to do, and then rename it to my current account name, or make it so where they merge. I don't really want to have to set all my folders up and such (especially with programs like itunes, which will go off the file path of the username)

~Thanks
~Kyle

Hi kyle and welcome

certainly can rename it. Merging? may be more difficult. I am of no use there. Someone here will know
Sorry I cant help, and again welcome

Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/45763-changing-my-user-account-built-admin.html
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi

Ive stumbled across a problem that has been causing me grief for a few days now, every time I try to access my hard drive (C disk) it says, access is denied. Also, i cant edit permissions because I've lost admin rights. Ive tried many things including unlocking the system admin, this lets me access a few extra things like being able to use the sfc command in cmd, however, it doesn't allow me to access the C disk or change permission because it also has lost admin rights? I fear that this is a bad problem and I don't know how it happened. I have tried restoring to a previous date and that doesn't work either.

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shimin4tor

A:[SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi and welcome to TSF so you have tried win 7 hidden admin Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista
have you installed or downloaded anything in the recent past

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-access-denied-to-c-disk-and-lost-admin-rights-to-system-admin-account-693530.html
Relevancy 98.9%

The firm in which I work has a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 installed. There are two user profiles on the computer, the admin and another normal account without administration rights. We have only the password of the account without administrator rights.

The network administrator had left the company surprisingly in without giving the administrator password of the PC and we cannot contact him anymore.

Now we want to install another programme and we cannot do this without an administrator account.

I disabled secure boot and have tried to boot the PC with an Linux USB Stick, but it do not boot from the stick.

Any suggestion how I either can reset the password of the administrator account or create an new account with administrator rights.

A:Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights

Although there may be techniques to recover a lost password it is forum policy that we do not discuss these here - your best bet would be to visit a local security specialist and get them to recover/reset it for you - and a change to the policy for the replacement admin may be a good idea, I always wrote a list of all passwords and stored it with the Managing Director and also in a fireproof safe

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38274-windows-10-admin-password-reset-new-account-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I wanted to change my user account name so I followed instructions from a article I found online in which it looked credible enough but apparently not It instructed to RUN quot Control Userpasswords quot which brings up the User accounts window Then I clicked on account I wanted to change name which happens to be main Admin account and clicked on quot PROPERTIES quot There I was able to change quot USER NAME quot Everything seemed fine until I tried to open WORD but failed with an error message it read quot click run virtualization han quot on top of window and the number quot quot inside the window I then went back to reverse what I did and found the quot USER ACCOUNT quot window empty my account that used to be there was deleted So I tried to System Restore and that failed with another error window I also noticed I was not able to open UNINSTALL PROGRAMS window can any body help me I would greatly appreciate your time nbsp

A:Accidentally deleted admin account by changing user name

Start Windows system restore before you boot. Tap F8 key as it's turning on, you'll get the option (Windows 7).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accidentally-deleted-admin-account-by-changing-user-name.200360/
Relevancy 98.47%

i got a new samsung netbook windows7. when i tried changing my wallpaper using regedit i cannot access anymore my admin account because there is a blank screen only (black).i cannot use the samsung recovery solution using guest account.please help me.thank you

A:problem entering my admin account when i tried changing my wallpaper

Did you create a registry back up before tampering with it? Why on earth are you editing the registry just to change a wallpaper? A very dangerous thing to do!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/245957-problem-entering-my-admin-account-when-i-tried-changing-my-wallpaper.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi guys when my pc gets to the first screen where you choose your account my admin account has changed from my name to 'Other user' and when I click on it it asks for a username and password. Also trying to access files from the admin account when it prompts me with a password I enter it and the dialogue box goes away as if it has accepted the password but does not let me access the files. Any help appreciated thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381483-admin-account-corrupted-cant-access-files-using-admin-p-w.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Recently I did a clean install from the windows installation tool off a CD I made. Soon after logging on and making my first account (again!) I couldn't open the C drive. I messed with the owner options and made my account the owner so I could open it. Possibly before or maybe after (I'm not sure) I realised I wasn't able to use any admin settings, (like add another account or see advanced system settings) open any applications that required admin rights (like CMD or any installation file) or do anything in the system menu. I've tried to look up the solution but can't find anything that fits the description of my problem. Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance for at least reading this.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/59249-no-admin-rights-admin-account-after-clean-install.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Using Win 8.1

First off, the account I'am signed on with is listed as admin type account. It's the one I had to enter my windows account email.
Since installing the new MalwareBytes 2.0 program (which went in without any problem) it put an shortcut icon on desktop. I tried too move the icon from desktop to another folder and it said I needed admin rights to do this. Usually once I click on continue it gives me access and proceeds to carry out the command.
So I followed the tutorial to build hidden admin account. I type in: net user administrator /active:yes, it completed. I signed on to the admin account and tried the same operation and it still asked for admin rights.
What am I doing wrong?

UpDate: MalwareBytes 2.0 has a self protection ability that needs to not be enabled, otherwise everything associated with the Program including program icons located anywhere cannot be moved.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/43247-i-needed-admin-rights-using-built-admin-account.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi Guys I'm new to this forum as in this is my first post so please be gentle with Admin? Standard Account to Hidden (Admin) Transferring me if this has been answered before So anyway I have a standard account with admin privileges turned off UAC etc but it doesn't seem to be elevated all the time for example I still see the quot admin shield Transferring Standard (Admin) Account to Hidden Admin? quot icon next to some programs on my desktop Most of the time I have to right click and select quot Run as Administrator quot from the popup menu and also Windows still asks me when something needs admin mode and do I want to continue I have Transferring Standard (Admin) Account to Hidden Admin? activated the hidden true admin account on my PC and when I log into that everything is elevated and great no more prompts etc which is what I want But the problem is it looks very basic I want to be able to transfer all my settings from my standard admin account to my true admin account is this possible I've tried going to system- gt advanced system settings- gt user profiles to copy the account across but the copy button is grayed out If this is not possible is there any way to make this standard admin account the full type which is always elevated Hope someone can help me I'm getting very annoyed having to give permission for things I want to do all the time Thanks in advance -milw rm

A:Transferring Standard (Admin) Account to Hidden Admin?

Hello milw0rm, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You could use the tutorial below to elevate your standard administrator account to have the same elevated rights as the built-in elevated Administrator account.

Be warned though, that all Metro Store apps and the Store will not work in an elevated account.

User Account Control (UAC) - Elevate Privilege Level - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/16240-transferring-standard-admin-account-hidden-admin.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Computer at work does not allow administrator priveleges. System recovery tab also missing. Privileges still not accepted in safe mode. Computer has problems with missing files upon start.

Thanks for any help.

Richard

A:No Admin privileges with Admin accounts.

Your work has most likely blocked administrator privileges.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-admin-privileges-with-admin-accounts-166414.html
Relevancy 96.32%

I installed a few programs last night and I lost all my admin privileges I m using an account that has admin rights and yet these happened - run button in the lost account admin privileges! Admin start menu has disappeared Admin account lost admin privileges! - turn off button has also disappeared I can only log off - I cannot run the task manager when I press ctrl-alt-del - some sys tray applications stopped being started up with the windows skype msn messenger icq adobe lightroom daemontools - when I load Adobe Photoshop CS I get this message that says quot You are not allowed to continue because your account does not have administrator privileges quot - I m sure there re more things waiting to be discovered But the thing is my account has admin status I ve run adaware to clear out all spyware already I m attaching a HijackThis log can anyone help see what s wrong Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe E Win Utilities Microsoft Activesync wcescomm exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe E Win Utilities Launchy Launchy exe E Win UTILIT MICROS rapimgr exe E Win Utilities NOD nod krn exe E Win Internet Tools Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe E Win Internet Tools eMule emule exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe E Win Utilities NOD nod kui exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe E Win Utilities HijackThis HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook no name - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - E Win Utilities Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - no file O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG - quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY -C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync -C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A -C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck -C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run ICQ Lite - quot E Win Internet Tools ICQLite ICQLite exe quot -minimize O - HKLM Run BigDog -C WINDOWS VM STI EXE VIMICRO USB PC Camera ZC O - HKLM Run Phase One Media Reader -E Win Graphics CAPTUR DCIMImp exe noscan CheckAutoStart O - HKLM Run CTHelper -CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp -CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched - quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader - quot E Win Graphics Lightroom apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run nod kui - quot E Win Utilities NOD nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICE O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr - quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS - quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot E Win Utilities Microsoft Activesync wcescomm exe quot O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - Global Startup Launchy lnk E Win Utilities Launchy Launchy exe O - Extra context menu item amp ICQ Toolbar Search - res E Win Internet Tools ICQToolbar toolbaru dll SEARCH HTML O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - E Win UTILIT MICROS INetRepl dll O - Extra button no name... Read more

Relevancy 96.32%

Greetings,

I am trying to change the folder properties of a applications folder from read only. I am doing this per instructions from the apps provider to prevent crashes.

When I go to change the permissions it states I need admin privileges. The only account I have on the box is the admin however I did change the name to something besides admin. The account is definitely an admin account.

Any thoughts?

Windows 7 64 bit

Relevancy 96.32%

I'm just getting a new HP Envy - computer set up Came with and then was upgraded to I started with a Microsoft id which set me up as Administrator and that's working fine I set up a Local account with Type Administrator which it shows in the User Account profile I expected that this new Admin account would be a full-on Admin with the ability to see and edit all files pictures documents etc including system stuff but it does none of that If I check the Properties Security on a folder file it will show the account saying that it is Admin and showing the same controls as my Admin account but it is unable to see any of the set but as Admin, as New Admin account doesn't 8.1 work Library documents which reside in the structure under my Admin name which is where I pasted them after copying from my Win machine I haven't really done any other testing to see what else it could could not do once I found it couldn't even pick a new account picture for itself Are my expectations wrong or is there something else I should have done or done differently I have deleted and then recreated it I haven't done anything with Homegroup as there is nothing to share Should I We're a single computer printer home My goal is too have New 8.1 account set as Admin, but doesn't work as Admin only two accounts This new one as Admin account and a new Standard account for daily use both as Local Accounts New 8.1 account set as Admin, but doesn't work as Admin then remove my Microsoft Admin user account Thanks for your help

A:New 8.1 account set as Admin, but doesn't work as Admin

Have You taken ownership of them?
This should work in windows 8.1 too. It works in My Windows 8.
Take Ownership of a File or Folder
Read the directions.

An administrator can take ownership of any file on the computer.

Good Luck
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512168/new-81-account-set-as-admin-but-doesnt-work-as-admin/
Relevancy 95.89%

Pretty basic question (I think). Is the built-in administrator's account exactly the same as a manually created local administrator's account privilege wise? Or does the built-in possess inherently elevated privileges?

I have googled around, however, I can't find a clear answer for this.

Thank you

A:built-in admin account vs regular admin account

Hello Spurcell, and welcome to Seven Forums.

They are basically the same, except that the built-in possess inherently elevated privileges, and the other doesn't until approved through UAC to elevate the action.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/255985-built-admin-account-vs-regular-admin-account.html
Relevancy 92.45%

So here is an interesting problem I ran into after working on the family computer (I was away at college and just got back for break).

After removing all the viruses, I was left with a computer where both the main user account and the Admin account did not have Admin rights. I can log into the Administrator account, but I cannot do even the most simplest of things, such as open Control Panel. So, I am at a loss to fix this. So simply enough, how does one restore administrative rights to the admin account when it has lost them.

Info:
Windows XP Home SP2
Control Panel, and many related functions, along side with such things as leftclick->properties on My Computer do not work (It says privilege removed, contact admin).
Even the Help will not open.

A:Admin rights for Admin account?

Please download Trend Micro's HJTInstall.exe to your Windows Desktop.

Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe . The application will install by default to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis
Click on the Install button. A shortcut icon will be created on your Windows Desktop.
When the installation finishes, the HijackThis application will launch.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. When the scan is complete, a log file should open in notepad.
On the notepad document, click Edit>Select All>Edit>Copy and then paste the contents of the log file into your next reply to this thread.

>>Please-Do Not use the Analyze This button-the results can be dangerous if misinterpreted.
>>Please-Do Not have HijackThis 'fix' anything yet. Most of what if finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-rights-for-admin-account.654522/
Relevancy 92.45%

I have two Windows VMs, one Windows 7 and the other Windows 8. On both machines there is an account with administrative rights. On the Windows 7 VM if I run a DOS cmd window it is run with with administrative rights. However, on the Windows 8 VM the DOS cmd window has NO administrative rights.

Has anything changed between Windiws 7 and 8 in this respect?

Thanks

A:DOS Cmd run with admin rights if run from admin account?

Hello ndean, and welcome to Eight Forums.

It's the same in Windows 8.

Elevated Command Prompt - Open in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/9968-dos-cmd-run-admin-rights-if-run-admin-account.html
Relevancy 92.45%

been about week i kept trying to get firefox to download onto my pc. But when i get it to download after that done.i go to run the installer a pop says i need to have admin rights when im on a admin account. im running win 7 64bit . i have a image of the screen that requires me to have admin rights.

A:need admin permission on a admin account

Try to create new user with admin rights and see, if same issue happens there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375907/need-admin-permission-on-a-admin-account/
Relevancy 89.01%

I deleted my admin account and now using guest account but i can't make a new admin account. Whenever i type in a name is says, The specified account name is not valid, because account names cannot contain charachters: . So i tried running cmd as an administrator then typed: net user administrator /active yes and no matter how or what i do i keep getting denied and i really need to make an admin account some programsi still cant run and projects i cant do even if i right click an d run as an administrator. So can somebody please help me.

A:deleted admin account need admin account

Specified account name is not valid because of invalid characters

You can't use some characters in account names.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/281502-deleted-admin-account-need-admin-account.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I wanted to try the following registry modification, to prevent users from being able to change their passwords:

http://devstopten.com/restrict-users-change-passwords-in-windows-xp/

When I ran registry editor, and went to the location specified, "DisableChangePassword" was no where to be found. Any reason why I couldn't get this to work? I'm running XP home edition service pack 3.

Even if I had been able to accomplish this I don't know if it would work because I want to prevent administator users from being able to change passwords (because on occasion the limited user needs to be logged on to the admin account for certain reasons).
Maybe there is also software out there that can prevent changing passwords.

Relevancy 86%

ok my brother and i share i PC equally susposidly but he is admin and i am not and + passwords admin there admin + passwords are lots of things i cant do sometimes i cant even download music he rufuses admin + passwords to allow me to be admin the emergency admin is also password protected i am one of limited accounts i have access to all of them and our pc is on OS xp home we have a laptop which i can access as admin which is xp pro they are linked by wi-fi but its not a proper network what can i do t obecome admin can i use the laptop to help i know command promt works between the two as i can shutdown the laptop from the pc PLEASE HELP ME the pc is almost usless to me otherwise and i ve been told i can have one of my own if i want but i think thats a waste of money WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED nbsp

A:admin + passwords

Who owns the computer (moneywise)?

Note: this question could be illegal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-passwords.513402/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi all I can t find any mention of my problem on this or any other forum Or at least I don t think I can Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated Get Only Accounts Accounts User Cannot Admin Can DHCP, Here is my set-up Linksys DSL modem connected to an Apple Airport Extreme wireless router The modem is configured to be the DHCP server the Airport is set to bridge mode I have a new Compaq Presario desktop running Vista Home Basic with a Belkin wireless-G USB dongle All of this discussion is about wireless btw - Only Admin Accounts Cannot Get DHCP, User Accounts Can I don t have a long enough CAT- cable to connect the Airport and PC I have users set up on the PC - true unlocked administrator account and standard users When I boot up and connect as any of the standard users they automatically detect and connect to the Airport and receive IP addresses But when I change user to be the administrator the connection drops after a few seconds The Airport network is visible to Only Admin Accounts Cannot Get DHCP, User Accounts Can Vista because it is in the list of available networks But if I try to connect to it it fails and the Vista diagnostic tool tells me it has been unable to connect for unknown reason One of the standard users used to Only Admin Accounts Cannot Get DHCP, User Accounts Can have admin rights and that account had exactly the same problem If I log in from a boot-up as the administrator I also cannot connect to the network If the administrator account has been used and logged out the other users cannot connect to the Airport I have to re-boot before they can connect again I also have a MacBook and a Nokia N both of which can log into the network and get IP addresses fine If it s important I m using WPA This is not just irritating but also dangerous Because I am unable to use the internet from an administrator account I am unable to do things like updating my Norton software so I m putting myself at risk I assume the problem is rooted in how Vista treats admin users and the threats it perceives from internet access as such a user As mentioned I have Norton installed and Windows Firewall turned off A friend of mine suggested it might be because I ve got the network set as public and Vista doesn t want to connect an admin account to it but as I can t connect as an administrator to that network then I can t change the Vista setting Catch I haven t tried the registry fix for DHCP flags because I assume that if that was my problem then none of the accounts would be able to connect to the internet Has anyone come across a problem like this before I would appreciate any ideas you may have Please let me know if any detailed information would help Cheers ShuggyX nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/only-admin-accounts-cannot-get-dhcp-user-accounts-can.708758/
Relevancy 84.71%

I'm trying to install Quicker 2008 after un-installing Quicken '05. I get an error msg stating that the administrator (who is me!) set policies to prevent this installation. I have downloaded both the Windows and the Quicken install cleanup utilitits and have run easch several times. Now, I can't ever re-install Quicken 2005 from the original CD. Can anyone here help? I am attaching the screen shot from the MGADT utility.

A:Admin set policies to prevent installation??

right clk ur installer file and select "run as" option.run as administrator from there.

also look if some entry is there in registry:HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\
remove it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/admin-set-policies-to-prevent-installation-217543.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello, I have a Dell PC running Vista 32 and wanted to upgrade to Win 7 and am just finding out I cant delete software from my PC because I aperently dont have permission.

1) Carolyn -Administrator

Anyway, We need to uninstall some software from the control panel and we keep getting and error:

Code:
The system administrator has set policy's that prevent this installation.
How do I get admin right to uninstall/install software? Thanks!

A:Admin Policies Prevent Install

Welcome to the Forum

You can try this. If it does not work there are other alternatives, but this should work.

How to Take Ownership and Grant Permissions in Windows Vista ? My Digital Life

Wishing you luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/269756-admin-policies-prevent-install.html
Relevancy 84.71%

When trying to install Easy CD Creator I'm getting message: "The system Administrator has set policies to prevent this installation." I've never seen this before...

A:ERROR:sys. admin. to prevent this installation

This might be helpful:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...icies-to/b5350e90-fe4b-4544-8549-20c6a7befb51

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-sys-admin-to-prevent-this-installation.1121343/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi

Been trying to migrate a user profile from one computer to another (both W7 Ultimate).
Outlook settings don't get copied and the most annoying thing is it copies the admin user by default also which ends up creating a second admin user on the destination computer.

I can live without Outlook settings, so is there a way to just migrate the user account or another tool that does? Looked at USMt but it says I need the Windows DVD etc.

We have some staff that need to work on another computer hence the requirement. Would love to have Active directory but cannot afford it.

Thanks

A:How to prevent WET from migrating the admin user

Can you see and deselect Admin profile if you click "Customize"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376830-how-prevent-wet-migrating-admin-user.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi

I created a new account for myself and made it an admin account. I then removed the admin priviliges in my sisters account. Somehow now both are standard user accounts and anything i try to do is blocked by an admin password.

Noone has ever entered a password for the admin accounts so i have no idea what this could be. It is not giving me a hint or any help at all.

I would rather not have to reboot the whole thing as it's very time consuming.

A:How to regain access to UAC (Admin passwords)

It sounds like you're trying to hack your sisters PC and I don't think you'll get help here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/249299-how-regain-access-uac-admin-passwords.html
Relevancy 83.85%

arial blue
I have a dell latitude cpxh500gt and a removable cd-rom and ls superdisk. I'm trying to use the cdrom at bootup to install XP. but in the bios, I can't change the boot sequence because their is a admin password and to remove it I need also another password so I change the 1 boot devicd to cd-rom.(is set to floppy).
need help!!! thank
Angel P

A:DELL Admin & confgr passwords

Read my Sig below \|/. Lol, you will probably have to call Dell and ask about that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-admin-confgr-passwords.201125/
Relevancy 83.85%

I need to run some programs as administrator such as Visual Studio 2010. So I set it to run as administrator, but because of the user account control settings, I am prompted to allow it to run each time. Is there a way to not see these prompts when running a program, without turning off the notifications in the UAC completely?

Thanks

A:How do I prevent UAC from prompting me when running in admin mode

Welcome,

Create Task using Task Scheduler

Elevated Program Shortcut without UAC Prompt - Create - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/209389-how-do-i-prevent-uac-prompting-me-when-running-admin-mode.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi! I have 2 users for now on my pc: Super admin and admin. For some personnal reasons, i want the user admin to have the rights to install software...have more rights..

But I don want admin to be able to change the super administrator's password: is there a way, strategy or something i can do to prevent this?

Thank you!

A:How to prevent administrator to change super admin's password?

There is no thing as a "super admin" in Windows, all administrators are exactly the same and have the same privileges. They have the right to install programs, and they need to be admins to do such things, but that also grants them the rights to do any system-wide change, like managing users and their passwords, at the same time.

What is your idea behind having two "levels" of admins? What do you plan to accomplish with that?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/340024-how-prevent-administrator-change-super-admins-password.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hey everyone First post here as we are prevent How My all to local do users I Documents Admin's the access having some issues at How do I prevent all users access to the local Admin's My Documents my job We're a small sized school district and we are in the process of currently attempting to create a universal image to roll out across the district As part of the initial process we are following a spiceworks directed tutorial to create the image and we are enabling the local administrator account After imaging there are How do I prevent all users access to the local Admin's My Documents a few other things that need to be done on each individual machine so we have a quot tech quot folder set up to allow our techs to go step by step to get the machine to where we want it to be Once a machine is imaged it is then added to our domain The issue we are having is that whether we place this How do I prevent all users access to the local Admin's My Documents 'tech' folder on the desktop the Admin's desktop or the Admin's My Documents folder any other user on the computer even non-admins are getting access to the Administrator's user folders including desktop and documents This means that any enterprising student can search hard enough and find it and then access the files in the tech folder Now it is our practice to then disable the local admin account after imaging before sending the machine out However on the off chance one of the techs forgets or has a lapse in procedure this could result in a few non-critical but still important pieces of software being accessible to all users Our question is this What could be causing this lapse in policy Or are we misunderstanding the way Win operates the local Admin account Our understanding is that no users should by default have access to the Admin's files so there must be something in the way we are creating the image that is causing this issue Is there something we can do using domain GPOs or local GPOs to prevent this The image we are using is a SYSprepped generalized image of Windows professional bit Our domain is using Windows Server R We have fairly strict GPOs on our domain but are unsure where to locate this specific issue Any help would be greatly appreciated and if there is any other information needed I will be glad to provide what I can Thanks

A:How do I prevent all users access to the local Admin's My Documents

No users have access to any other user's profile directory. "C:\Users\[username]" The only way they can get access is if they are an Administrator. The next way is if you are changing the permissions to give everyone access. But the default state for Windows is no user has access to another user's profile directory. Most likely you have done something to set it up to give users access or your method for detecting this is flawed. (I.e. you are using an Admin account to check the access of the directory, an Admin account can and will override permissions to give itself access.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/371760-how-do-i-prevent-all-users-access-local-admins-my-documents.html
Relevancy 82.99%

System admin set policies to prevent this installations problem is what i get when i was trying to install the Google Earth and Photoshop CS3.
how can i solve this?

A:System admin set policies to prevent this installations problem.

If your system administrator has set policies against installing programs, we will not be providing any advice to subvert them.

Ask the admins to install the programs for you, as you should.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-admin-set-policies-to-prevent-this-installations-problem-267298.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Friend of mine helped me with my Vista install everything went well but now my user account is Bob rather than what I wanted I changed the profile name but the user account c Admin Help with Accounts Bob lt desired name gt is still listed as Bob I did a bunch of research online and it appears the easiest thing to do is just create a new Admin Account and then remove the old one Just need to copy any Help with Admin Accounts specific data I want to keep from that other user Simple enough mmmm not true When I deleted the undesired account it no longer displays in the manage accounts section but when I right click on the start windows flag icon in lower left corner of desktop select explore all users expand the users folder c users I have several user folders listed and the ones I thought I had deleted When I try to delete one of the undesired folders it starts to delete the files sending them to the recycle bin but then stops and states quot The action can't be completed because the folder is open in another program close the folder and try again This is extremely frustrating how Help with Admin Accounts can it be this difficult I want to delete Help with Admin Accounts the old account along with all of its data Now I have accounts that I want deleted all with about MB worth of data just sitting there - empty folders and files Please help Thanks

A:Help with Admin Accounts

Hello Zagith, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Double check with this tutorial to see if this is how you deleted the old user account. When you delete the old C:\Users\(user name), be sure to do it from within the new account.

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/197966-help-admin-accounts.html
Relevancy 82.56%

hellow everyone.i have a quick question.i use windows 8.1 pro with media center. me and one of my friend have separate accounts for each other on the same windows. we both are admin. my problem is... When I logged in to my friends account he can excess all the files on the other account. same when my friend log in to my account he can excess all his files and stuff tru my windows account. how can I fix this so That other users on my pc cant excess others files.even if your account is admin. i dont want other pepole on my pc to see what i have on my account. please help

A:need help with two admin accounts

The behavior you are seeing is by design. All admin accounts have access (or can grant themselves access) to all files on the computer. Attempting to restrict such access is an exercise in futility. Only with limited accounts are such restrictions possible.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/39516-need-help-two-admin-accounts.html
Relevancy 82.56%

need help hacking into an admin account.

im limited account so i can't do very much. I have trieds to reboot in safe mode but because my log in set up is different, i can't see the admin account.

tried nearly everything. need help please!!!!!!!!

A:Admin accounts

this is against the forum rules, to help with this kind of stuff

please read the forum rules:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/rules.php

thread closed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/admin-accounts-280348.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi guys, I'm having a bit of a problem here.

I've tried several times to create a guest or local account but every time I do, they are automatically changed to an administer account instead of standard. I've tried several times to manually change them from admin to standard but every time I do, when I exit out, they are changed back to admin accounts. What can I do to stop this from happening? It's incredibly frustrating.

Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/67063-admin-accounts.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I have a laptop that I received that I didn t want to completely wipe I just wanted to reset the local admin Normally these computers just have the HD s cloned They all use the same various domains for access With this one there are no local admin accounts I don t just mean the name quot administrator quot I mean there are NO local accounts with local administrator privileges I can t even access the computer in safe mode I attempted to use locksmith and Sala s Password Reset tool v but I still can t login locally with any of the local accounts I attempted to upgrade one of the default accounts to admin and then renew the password Also tried to create a new admin account No changes ever show up I ve heard there are ways to kill the local admin access but I never heard of a way that totally prevents the ability to add a new admin It seems that the only way to access the laptop is via domain login admin No accounts? even though there is a local computer login option Anyone ever seen anything like this Know of a way to restore local access nbsp

A:No admin accounts?

You'd probably be better off wiping it and starting from scratch. Too much of a hassle just to get it working and you'd probably still have issues later on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-admin-accounts.109983/
Relevancy 82.56%

I have 2 Administrator accounts. How can I remove one of them? I tried control panel/user accounts while logged in as "Administrator", but it won't let me remove the other admin account....Please Help!

I am running WinXP Pro.

Relevancy 82.56%

Hello everyone

I dont know if this question is allowed, if not, do forgive me. Is it possible to get into a Win XP admin account without knowing the password?If so how?and is there any way to prevent it?( No, I'm not trying to ruin someone's puter, just that a relative of mine apparently had someone do it on her puter apparently and I'd like to know how he did it).The same puter has 2 admin accounts so how can one of the admins be deleted?By going into the safe mode and use the built in admin?The same for changing the admin's passy?Can we somehow disable that default built-in administrator account?*sorry for the big bunch of questions*

A:win xp admin accounts

Yes, there are ways of doing this, but if I tell you then I'll have to kill you. Trying to circumvent security is against Forum rules I'm afraid so we can't help you on this one.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-xp-admin-accounts-168755.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello everyone

I dont know if this question is allowed, if not, do forgive me. Is it possible to get into a Win XP admin account without knowing the password?If so how?and is there any way to prevent it?( No, I'm not trying to ruin someone's puter, just that a relative of mine apparently had someone do it on her puter apparently and I'd like to know how he did it).The same puter has 2 admin accounts so how can one of the admins be deleted?By going into the safe mode and use the built in admin?The same for changing the admin's passy?Can we somehow disable that default built-in administrator account?*sorry for the big bunch of questions*

A:win xp admin accounts

Hi,
I am waiting to see if this thread is OK. We can then go from there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-xp-admin-accounts-168766.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello,
My PC for some reason has removed the administrator status from my account and therefore right now there is no administrator.
I can't download/open certain files because i'm not an administrator and when it gives me the option of typing in the administrator password, there is no spot located for me to be able to type and the 'yes' box doesn't allow me to click it either as it is grayed out.
I've attached some examples the troubles i have and what i think may be of help? sorry i'm not much of a tech person
Any help would be helpful. thank you so much ><

A:Help - No admin accounts

Windows has a built in Administrator account that is inactive by default. You have to activate it, and then make yourself an Administrator. Because you are not a administrator now, not all options are available to activate it. Start with Option 1, but I believe you need Option 4. After you are an Administrator, you should disable the built in Administrator account. This is a guide to enable it.

Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/56504-help-no-admin-accounts.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hey all,

I bought a used Toughbook CF-45 from the original owner (with paperwork, lest anyone go "sure! uh-huh...").

She retired it from use as an insurance agent 4 years ago, and can remember neither the Admin nor the BIOS password her son placed on it at that time.

I realize this is an old, slow laptop, and paid accordingly.
I can't find the CMOS battery, although I've taken off everything I can get to without major surgery. Not apparent under keyboard, or in any of the bottom compartments once battery & HDD are removed.

Anyone have a suggestion besides send it to PANASONIC for over $100+ shipping? (Please, no "expensive boat anchor" or doorstop comments).

Thanks in advance!
Nerd

A:Purchased Used Laptop, Locked W/admin & Bios Passwords...

Unfortunately, to answer your question would be a violation of our forum rules.No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/159901/purchased-used-laptop-locked-wadmin-bios-passwords/
Relevancy 81.7%

I recieved a computer from a friend. I have all the passwords, etc for the computer, however it used to be on a network domain and I removed all the network drives but it still says I am on the domain. Is there anyway to remove this? Also I do not want to have to scroll through tons of files to learn what is where is there anyway to reset the main account or delete it and create a new admin account? I only want one admin account and Id like it to be a fresh one. Any ideas?

A:Admin accounts- deletable or not?

I have been tr5ying to find out how to remove the domains or whatever because I do not live near the person who gave me this computer and they keep closing my board thinking I want help with "passwords" I HAVE the passwords to the computer I just want everything OFF as I am the only one using it and I have no network I need this to be on. Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-accounts-deletable-or-not.947043/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi everyone I'm trying to set up a user to be an administrator in Windows Ultimate I created the user as an Administrative account I Accounts Admin Full have turned UAC off in Conrol Panel - gt Users Accounts - gt Change User Account Full Admin Accounts Control Settings by Full Admin Accounts setting it to quot Never Notify quot I have set UAC Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode to Elevate without prompting I have set the user to the administrators group in quot control userpassword quot I have verified that he is a member of the Administrators group and yet I am still prompted Full Admin Accounts for administrative approval when I try to move edit files in system areas For example if I want to move a start menu folder under quot c programdata microsoft windows start menu quot When I look at the file folder permissions the administrators group has quot full control quot but I keep getting prompted I DO NOT want to use the built-in Administrator account I want to create a personal administrative account with the same level of access as the built-in account Everything I've been able to find about this so far tells me to do the steps outlined above but they don't seem to work for me No matter what I do UAC is getting in the way If anyone knows how I can fix this please let me know Thanks to you all in advance -Michael

A:Full Admin Accounts

Hello Michael,

When it prompts you, does it require you to type in a password, or do you just have to click yes?

Thank you,
VinnyBuxton

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/338100-full-admin-accounts.html
Relevancy 81.7%

looking for a decent outgoing program control firewall I come across a thread on another forum where the users and OP were arguing amongst themselves the discussion was about outgoing protection on firewalls being quot useless quot specifically if you are running your windows as an admin like most window account do as this means any rootkit etc can bypass your firewall anyway im just a little confused here do they mean running the computer under the hidden quot super administrator quot account or just quot regular quot administrator account - I about? it all Admin whats accounts: ask Admin accounts: whats it all about? because I run my Windows x under the default it installs in which is regular admin - all the files i have can be quot run as administrator quot so Im assuming that under this regular admin account I dont really have admin privelages it all gets a bit confusing I think what Iam trying to find out is - am I wasting my time using an outgoing firewall - if so why then do they bother Admin accounts: whats it all about? with them if they can be bypassed when windows default installs on an admin account - OR why dont thet mention at install of firewall that account should be dropped to standard account I notice Avira do this before im just not convinced that malware can bypass my firewall Anti-Virus because iam on the default windows installation account and the software company that owns that security could not tell me that its useless on current setup - Avira is the ONLY prog to request drop privelages be great if someone could clear this up for me this is the topic i was reading and this qoute as well as many others was what made me ask about it Because people have become gullible - brainwashed into thinking that outgoing protection is going to save them from some nefarious root kit that is most likely already on their computer from visiting porn sites and or just being stupid All this outgoing quot brouhaha quot came about because of the panic driven nefarious marketing people like quot you know who quot and a host of other chicken littles who write security articles for magazines who quot surprisingly quot display ads for security sponsors quot you know who quot As for why certain companies now sell outgoing protection - it probably makes good business sense It really is fluff though All good security guys know it is Just like car alarms Some one already stealing your car doesn t stop because your car alarm goes off They simply disconnect it It calms the illiterate masses their lemming propensities and generates a of revenue Companies will sell the lemmings what the lemmings wants Create some hysteria and watch the lemmings run off the cliff They aren t responsible for every ones gullibility Remember quot Pet Rocks quot They weren t really pets ya know There is nothing wrong with the Microsoft Firewall It stops the bad guys from getting in - once they are in there is really nothing you can do anyway Click to expand is that person above just assuming that all infections are going to be undetectable rootkits that can bypass everything on your windows default installation whilst shutting your firewall down in the process - if an outgoing firewall detects ONE thing then its been worth hvaing he cant assume that all rootkits infections are going to do this I was going to install an outgoing program control firewall in case anything untoward I may run by accident on my system tries to phone home or allow some hacker access e g scenario run a keygen and it pops up quot keygen exe is trying to connect quot then you know something untoward is trying to happen and its been stopped and you notified I just cant believe that all these software firewalls are poop as the users on that forum make believe and that all your security can be bypassed on default windows installation user accounts because your regular admin i dont want to join that forum and continue that debate cos by looks of it i will get my head taken off like the ... Read more

Relevancy 81.7%

A friend called me up in a panic after he got himself into a quite a pickle with his Acer Aspire S He no longer wanted Account A a MS admin account so he created Account B a local standard and deleted Account A He then realized the mistake he made of not having Account B have admin rights Quite frankly I can't figure out how he deleted Account A if Account B never had admin rights Maybe it has to do with this stupid non-local account no 8.1 with Win laptop admin accounts that Windows forces upon its users Anyway he now has one account on his laptop Account B - a local account with no admin rights This of course means that no changes can be made to the computer in terms of settings or software installation or removal Every time I try to do something along those lines the UAC box pops up and asks me to enter a password yet there's no Win 8.1 laptop with no admin accounts password field to type in I tried all of the usual command prompt tricks but they fail since I can't launch an elevated command prompt I tried booting into safe mode w cmd and activating the built-in Administrator account but when I reboot the account does not appear as an available account to log in as I cannot make any changes via the Control Panel since UAC blocks those types of changes Do I have any other options besides going the quot Reset PC quot route Of course he does not have his Windows or Office product keys so reinstalling isn't an option I'm not sure if the quot Reset PC quot will wipe Office though There was a great Windows password reset disc that let you create and edit users via command prompt does anything similar exist for Win Thanks

A:Win 8.1 laptop with no admin accounts

I these situations I mostly grab my Hirens. It has an
Offline NT Password & Registry Editor

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/55210-win-8-1-laptop-no-admin-accounts.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello everyone Lately I've been unable to access either Out Admin Accounts of Locked of my administrator Locked Out of Admin Accounts accounts or even open the full potential of the accounts screen as I am hindered by Limited Account restrictions My primary account was for example quot User Name quot without a password Now the only account I have been able to access is quot User Name quot It is a mystery to me as to where this account came from all of a sudden and why I am unable to access the original account but have a totally new desktop layout and everything When I try logging in as the Windows Hidden Administrator without a password as it is by default if I am correct it says quot unable to log you on due to Locked Out of Admin Accounts an account restriction quot but if I type anything in the password field it returns an error saying that I have entered incorrect login information Any information anyone can provide as to how I might can access my administrator accounts from my boundaries as they are right now would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Rick

A:Locked Out of Admin Accounts

Start>Run>cmd.exe

type at (if it gives you a list of jobs or says no jobs in que then your good to go)

type at <time in 24 hour format seperated by ":") 1 minute after current time /interactive cmd.exe

"at 16:34 /interactive cmd.exe"

This is system level access.

Edit: should have explained.

It runs cmd.exe from task scheduler which is above admin level. Effectivly giving you maximum permissions. Sometimes this works from guest.

Now learn how to use cmd

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/locked-out-of-admin-accounts-188981.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hey everyone, I've got a user accounts issue. Recently I noticed my main user account (the only one besides the default ones) has lost admin rights.

I don't know why, but it could be because I changed its name recently, via userpasswords2. I didn't change it's account type though. Still, if I open up the user accounts panel, it now says it's a guest account.

Now that wouldn't be much of an issue, if only the admin account wasn't disabled. And of course I can't enable it, because I don't have the rights. Safe mode didn't help either, and I can't do a system restore.

Could anyone please help me out? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 81.7%

One of the office computers never had a password for the administrator account, and it was the only account ever used by everyone. We set a password and created a limited user account. Now when the admin account is attempted to be logged into the message: "C:\windows\system32\command.com incorrect paramaters" appears. However the limited account will login fine. When the system is started in safe mode, the admin account can be logged into.
I expect that a malware/trojen/whatever may be the culprit. Prior to the issue, Spybot removed 526 problems, but 25 needed a reboot before Spybot could remove them. I ran hijack this and saved the log before any "cleaning" of the system began. Where do I begin to correct this?

A:Admin accounts won't login

Do you use the Welcome Screen or a Logon Box.

If it's the welcome screen, press Ctrl + Alt + Del twice at the Welcome Screen. You should be able to enter the username and password there.

I'd create a second admin account in safe mode if I were you, since you said it lets you logon there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-accounts-wont-login.743719/
Relevancy 81.7%

I shut the computer down yesterday and today I cannot login to my admin accounts I am stuck on a limited account access Admin can't I accounts my Help! I tried safe mode I rechecked Help! I can't access my Admin accounts my user and passwords over and over I haven't changed them It keeps saying that my user and pass is incorrect even though it was working fine Help! I can't access my Admin accounts yesterday I can't download restore or anything with this Limited Account and I am going insane Please please help Please help This is not a quot icon isn't showing at windows startup quot question For some reason I cannot enable my admin accounts Either of them Online some say that Windows does it automatically sometimes or that updates haven't been recently installed or it could hackers and viruses I really have no idea why this is happening I'm kicked out of my own computer Is it possible that spybot is controlling my access to the Admin accounts for my safety This am I also was getting tons of pop-up error messages about Help! I can't access my Admin accounts a program My pc has been running a bit slower as well ever since I added a limited account onto it

A:Help! I can't access my Admin accounts

Hi and welcome,
Sorry about the delay, just saw the post. No, spybot would not do this. What error messages were you getting? When you boot into safe mode are you able to access the accounts? You are using the correct case for the password? If numbers are used in the password, and you are using the number pad on the right hand side, is the numlock turned on?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-i-cant-access-my-admin-accounts-187612.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,
Our son's PC is running Vista Home.
There are two accounts on it, the Admin, which I setup and have password protect on it, and the other, is a "Guest" account(XP terms?).
We are having a grades issues and want to limit the PC use.
I believe I can change the password on the Admin account, can I also add a password to the Guest account?
Also, is there an easy way for him to somehow, get around this?
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 81.7%

About a year ago, I forgot the password to an admin account. I didn't really need it at the time. Fast foward to the present, now I decided I did. I used Ophcrack which did not work, so I used Offline NT Password & Registry Editor which worked like a charm. Now I have the problem of suddenly losing the privleges and the three accounts I tampered with. All of the accounts that werent deleted were accs that were once admin. I really need help.

A:Loss of admin accounts

From TSF RULES

You may not ask for assistance with any deemed illegal activities such as but NOT restricted to the following::

* software pirating
* hacking
* password cracking
* keystroke recording software
* assistance with accessing copyrighted software programs
* Leeching on private or public WiFi/Broadband connections

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/loss-of-admin-accounts-759553.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I've set up a limited account for my kids to use on my XP Pro SP3 PC, but the account seems to have admin privileges. The limited account is able to access my admin files and also the built in admin account. Does anyone know what's going on & what I can do to rectify it please? Cheers.

A:Admin & limited accounts in XP

how much do they know about computers and did they have access to an admin. account before the limited account?

P.S.- trust me, that can make a huge difference, especially having early access to an admin.

1.) Do they know your password? Change it anyways, you never know

2.) Press Shift 5 times real fast and report what comes up? (if its sticky keys click cancel and report that sticky keys pop-ed up)

EDIT: Message to Staff- Who do i talk to about posting a resolution to the sticky keys exploit, and in posting it an exploit may be derived from my post? that is if his problem is with sticky keys, and for future reference.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/admin-and-limited-accounts-in-xp-463563.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I have friends coming to stay with me, and they like to use my computer. I'd like to set up other accounts (i.e. non -admin accounts) on my machine to restrict their access. How can I accompllish this?

Relevancy 81.7%

Both my admin user account and the hidden admin account on my windows 10 desktop are gone I have tried resetting the pc but it just says requires admin and no admin accounts detected or something to that effect. I have tried to no evail to access the hidden admin account via cmd propmt. My wifes standard account remains and can access internet etc

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Lost-admin-accounts/td-p/5778326
Relevancy 81.7%

Hey ..

When i start up my computer i get the loggon screen.
there is my ADMIN and a guest. when i sign on to my ADMIN i get a full black screen
and cant do anything abut it !! .
The guest account works fine.
So know im on the guest account and i dont know what to do about the black screen.

A:Help! I can't access my Admin accounts

Was anything added or removed from the system before the problem? Can you load your profile in Safe Mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-i-cant-access-my-admin-accounts-306381.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I've spent many hours looking though Google and other sites, and even this very forum. But I can't find any way to bypass administrators on a local computer.

Is there any way to remove an administrator account for good with a standard account?

Specifics:Standard account, with no guest account
Unknown administrator password
Cannot install/Burn programs
OS is Windows 7, Home Premium 32-bit

Is there any way for a person with those specifics to remove the administrator account or at least change the administrator password?

A:Is There Any Way to Bypass/Remove/Change Person-Made Admin/Passwords?

Hello bigyihsuan, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Sure, you could do a clean install of Windows to do so.

Other than that, we can't help you to bypass/hack administrators since we have no idea of the legitimacy of this. It would violate the forum rules.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/313815-there-any-way-bypass-remove-change-person-made-admin-passwords.html
Relevancy 81.27%

An alarming number of servers containing motherboards manufactured by Supermicro continue to expose administrator passwords despite the release of an update that patches the critical vulnerability, an advisory published Thursday warned.

http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/06/at-least-32000-servers-broadcast-admin-passwords-in-the-clear-advisory-warns/

A:At least 32,000 servers broadcast admin passwords in the clear, advisory warns

If I was so inclined there's sooo much ransom money there...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538358/at-least-32000-servers-broadcast-admin-passwords-in-the-clear-advisory-warns/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello All This is my first post here and I hope that you all are willing to help out a quot newbie quot of the forum because as of right now I am getting fed up with my BLEEPING COMPUTER My computer has been acting a little funny lately I m not sure what the issue is but a lot of my administrative privileges seem to have been changed ie quot You do not have permission to fill in blank quot If anyone has time to take a look at my hijackthis logfile as well as the adsspy logfile to see if there is anything that looks a little fishy I have had THREE different instances of my bank account account trojan? Possible Hijacked as Account to bank crcss.exe no privledges? as well admin Hotmail Little info being exploited and just recently my Hotmail account was hijacked and used as a quot mass SPAM sender quot Also the last logfile is from a program called IOBit which has a HijackScan tool as well Any help would be greatly appreciated HIJACK THIS LOGFILELogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System Possible crcss.exe trojan? Little to no admin privledges? Hotmail Account Hijacked as well as bank account hkcmd exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TPwrMain exeC Program Files Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exeC Program Files Toshiba FlashCards TCrdMain exeC Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree NDSTray exeC Program Files Toshiba TOSHIBA Service Station ToshibaServiceStation exeC Program Files Google Google Possible crcss.exe trojan? Little to no admin privledges? Hotmail Account Hijacked as well as bank account Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Bradford Networks Persistent Agent bncsaui exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files IObit IObit Security is tray exeC Program Files Toshiba TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files OpenDNS Updater OpenDNSUpdater exeC Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpupdchk exeC Windows system igfxext exeC Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree CFSwMgr exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exeC Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exeC Windows notepad exeC Users jbradford Downloads HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO StumbleUpon Launcher - B F -A B- b -BBAC- EBEBBB - C Program Files StumbleUpon StumbleUponIEBar dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBloc... Read more

A:Possible crcss.exe trojan? Little to no admin privledges? Hotmail Account Hijacked as well as bank account

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about the Windows version you are using: What we in particular need to know is version, edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. [/b]If you are unsure about any of these caracteristics, just let us know and we'll help you figuring it out. Please also tell us if you have your Windows CD/DVD handy.Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
hlp.dat
/md5stopPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/395255/possible-crcssexe-trojan-little-to-no-admin-privledges-hotmail-account-hijacked-as-well-as-bank-account/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hey, I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium on my HP Pavilion Slimline Desktop and I need help getting my Standard user account back to Administrator. I can't run certain programs and I also can't install and uninstall anything. I don't have the Windows 7 Installation Disk to do restore. I have already tried Safe Mode and I can't enable and built in admin either. Please help me! Thank you!

A:How can I put my Standard user account back to Administrator when the ASP.NET Machine account is admin?

How are you trying to change the type of account?I don't have the Windows 7 Installation Disk to do restoreDo you mean System Restore? If you are, you don't need the installation disk to do this.To use System Restore click on the start orb. In the search box type in System Restore. In the list of results click on System Restore, if you are prompted for an administrator password type it in.Follow the prompts to choose a restore point and restore your computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479959/how-can-i-put-my-standard-user-account-back-to-administrator-when-the-aspnet-machine-account-is-admin/
Relevancy 81.27%

I'm the only user on this laptop and my admin account to Profile/Account User admin problem (can't account) login original was called quot HybridPC quot and I disabled the windows login screen Turn computer on and goes right to desktop One day the welcome screen popped up out of nowhere and I had to login I tried disabling the login screen to where it was before and now I've screwed things up royally I cannot login to my original admin account or find it All the files are still there on my C Users HybridPC folder but I've lost the profile and user I think I messed things up further by trying to create delete other new user accounts I've attached screenshots showing my C users folder User account screen and the netplwiz exe profiles I've been adding deleting and can't get back to square one I don't see my user at all on the welcome screen Thanks for your help Top User Folder is new today and odd looking as I was attempting to fix on my own

A:User Profile/Account problem (can't login to original admin account)

Hello tytlyf, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Let's start to see if you disabled or deleted your "HybridPC" by using the tutorial below to get details about all accounts on your computer while you are logged in to your "Admin" account, then post back with them. Afterwards, we can go from there.

User Accounts - View Detailed Information About in Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357762-user-profile-account-problem-cant-login-original-admin-account.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi to all. I have another question. My home computer has an administrator account as well as a more general account. For the most part, my family and I use the general account. Recently I've noticed that websites that use a lot of Flash player, won't load correctly in the general account, but look great in the administrator account. There's no error message. The pretty pictures and things moving around and videos just don't load. One one site, the whole front page is with Falsh, so a blank screen comes up. What settings should I look to change in order to allow the general account to view websites with ease? Thanks for the help.

A:Flash Player On Non-admin Accounts

Hi, you may have to install flash on the standard user account. But you may have to elevate the accounts to Power Users as the standard account may not let you install.http://www.adobe.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/127372/flash-player-on-non-admin-accounts/
Relevancy 80.84%

For some reason IE in the admin account is SLOW.. VERY SLOW.. We have nothing extra installed (toolbars, etc) and have scanned for malware (malwarebytes, avira, panda)..

All the other user accounts work much better.. In fact the login process and general user experience is much smoother and faster on all other accounts..

How can I get the admin account IE to be fast and smooth like the other accounts?

Thanks

-Matthew

A:Admin IE: SLOW, other accounts IE: fast!

Hello 3DPiper,

Try re-installing Internet Explorer.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/276742-admin-ie-slow-other-accounts-ie-fast.html
Relevancy 80.84%

If i add anti malware programs to my Admin account do i also need to do the same to my user accounts

Thanks

A:Question about Admin/user accounts

Hello Herb,

No. When you install an AV program, it's for the whole PC. Usually only administrators will be able to adjust the AV program's settings though.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/298622-question-about-admin-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello all I am using windows pro OS I have only one local account on my machine My account is already in Administrator groups I have checked that My problem is that I am not able to create change any user account being despite admin! Can't accounts user create from control panel After traversing to Control Panel All Control Panel Items User Can't create user accounts despite being admin! Accounts There are all the different links named as Can't create user accounts despite being admin! below Change your account name Change your account type Can't create user accounts despite being admin! Manage other account etc However when I click on any of these links nothing happens at all What could be the possible reason of this Window is updated I am able to do other stuff that only admin can do for example installing uninstalling software running system tools etc Moreover I am able to make changes to user accounts from Computer Management I look forward for your reply Regards P SOLUTION credit goes to medab Hello all after being suggested by medab I finally switched to Microsoft account from local account and now everything is working I again switched back to local account and tested everything is still working yet Please note that I installed a fresh copy of windows again and then created a microsoft account and created a local account then switched to local account You may NOT need to reinstall it Well I think this must be reported to microsoft guys but before that try to test this on your machine Procedure to get this problem's situation is as below First make a fresh install of windows any edition When setup complete there is a step in which you are asked to make an account Don't select microsoft account instead select Local account Let the setup complete Now when you are all done just log into your local account and try to see if you get the same problems that I mentioned above If yes then it should be reported to windows team

A:Can't create user accounts despite being admin!

Have you tried "Add a user" in Settings ?

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/26382-cant-create-user-accounts-despite-being-admin.html
Relevancy 80.84%

A friend gave me an old computer running Win XP Pro, The computer has both a Admin and Guest account setup on it. I have the admin password but right now if I sign in with the Admin account it will not allow me to install any software? I would like to deleted both accounts thus not requiring a login or password can I just go to the Control Panel / User Accounts and remove both and this will solve my issue or do I need to do anything else.

Relevancy 80.84%

I believe I had the Google redirect virus and eventually got rid of it, although I don't remember how. It may have been the Combofix I've been reading about. Here is my problem - I can't change my desktop background to anything other than a solid color. Also, thumbnails don't show up until I change the view to a different size. I have tried making new users and only standard user accounts are normal. Any time I created an admin account, this issue arises. Anybody found a solution yet??

Relevancy 80.84%

My C drive was filling up a while back so I made a makeshift folder on D Computer and save all my new programs drivers manuals skins here etc I have admin accounts set up and I can install programs here but to make a new folder or copying files I m prompted I don t have permission The original account set as the owner creator has full access So I changed the owner creator to MyComp Administrators which I assumed should give the same permissions to all accounts Now no accounts have permission to alter this folder I could change the user accounts to full access since it appears my admin accounts only have user access but I don t really want to do that So why can I only Admin accounts permission problem grant full access to a single owner creator account I m not at all experienced in this so it is probably something really simple that I am doing wrong nbsp

Relevancy 80.84%

I was having some network issues that I thought I could resolve by un-joining the domain and then re-joining it (I'm Using Vista Business x32). When I un-joined the domain it also removed my local administrative accounts! I can no longer make any changes since I now just have the 'Guest' account and my newly created 'GregPa' account with just Guest priviledges - drat! I have been limping along, but now have a new DNS server that I can't change the IP to point at the new one. Anyone out there that can help?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/190043-lost-local-admin-accounts.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi,

I added a user to my XP Pro and then switched admin privileges. That didn't work out as well as I expected, as when logged in my original account, my files were "read only". I switched the admin privileges back, but two problems persist: 1. my files are still "read only" even when logged in as admin, and 2. I am unable to delete the new user account ("permission denied").

Thanks very much for helping me.

~Dan

A:trouble with admin and user accounts

Hi .Just how did you go about switching admin privileges?FWIW: IMO, the read-only attribute really doesn't mean anything. If you check, you will find that any files on a CD/DVD are "read-only" and that makes sense, since the content of a CD/DVD cannot be modified while on the disk. But these files, when copied to a hard drive, may still reflect a "read-only" attribute...but they are indeed capable of being modified.Scroll down to Read-Only at http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/file/fatAttributes-c.htmlIf you are referring to folders/files that fall into the Docs & Settings category...that may be a different issue, one which simply requires your taking ownership of the files/folders in question.How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421 Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/275580/trouble-with-admin-and-user-accounts/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have a set of folder I encrypted from my user account. I haven't figured out how to access them from my admin account.

In reverse, while logged on my admin account, I droppped some files into folder encrypted by my user account. I can't access those files when I log on as a user.

How can I get access to all my encrypted files regardless of which logon I use?

A:Access my user account encrypted files from my admin account?

Umm...if you could access encrypted files from another user that would remove the whole point of encrypting the files to begin with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/180997-access-my-user-account-encrypted-files-my-admin-account.html