Windows Support Forum

Need Help Getting Out Of The Raid Setup

Q: Need Help Getting Out Of The Raid Setup

A few months ago I thought I got a great deal on a Dell Precision T with dual quad GHz processor and MB of RAM The Raid Of Setup Getting Out Need Help upgradable to over MB It also came with GB hard drives but before I figured out that the second drive was just a data recorder set up in a RAID formation in order to safely keep sensitive data safer by duplicating it on a second drive Well the second hard drive went out and I had to re- install Windows on the first drive and I thought everything would be allright but then Need Help Getting Out Of The Raid Setup the first drive went out also I have choices in the bios to change this setup RAID Auto Detect AHCI RAID Autodetect ATA or RAID On Obviously I want the RAID off but it looks like I have to reformat my hard drives to make that happen and I don t know how Can someone please help me fix my computer back to normal With this system I ought to have some serious power put together right I already have an gb new solid state drive but I don t want to mess things up before I put my operating system on the solid state for quick start ups and then add a couple of large hard drives for my large data Also upgrading the video card Can someone help me straighten this mess out because I am afraid I may need a certain format to keep this from happening again and I am in uncharted waters nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Need Help Getting Out Of The Raid Setup

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Need Help Getting Out Of The Raid Setup

If u are only going to have one drive for the OS u need the raid turned off. just make sure to install programs on the other D: drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-getting-out-of-the-raid-setup.206492/
Relevancy 60.63%

Installed a new M4 ssd today and loaded windows on it. Previously i was using 2 raptors in raid 0 for the os and programs. I re raided the 2 raptors and connected them to the jmicron ports and set them up for raid in bios, then created the raid 0 array no prob. Windows doesnt see the array when loaded up and i have the latest rst drivers installed..did this prior to the os install on the ssd. did i do something wrong? using the x58 e760a1 mobo. under device manager, the raid controller has an exclamation mark and no driver installed yet i have the latest rst 10.8.0.1003 installed..

A:Win 7 raid 0 setup / missing raid controller driver

Try loading the JMicron drivers from the motherboard manufacturer. RST is for Intel chipsets.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/198266-win-7-raid-0-setup-missing-raid-controller-driver.html
Relevancy 58.91%

So I decided to experiment with Raid on my i system to see if it had any impact on video encoding performance using two Gb Green Caviar WD HDD s Specifically I encoded a Mb AVI to DVD Unfortunately it took almost times longer over a single HDD setup Prior to this I installed Vista Ultimate non-Raid mode on different Gb HDD s and a Velociraptor and ran the same test above Keep in mind that the video file and the software were always on the Main Drive and there were no jumpers on any of them Here s A summary WD Gb Green Caviar mb Cache mins WD Gb Green Caviar mb Cache mins WD Gb Green Caviar mb Cache mins Than Worse HDD Performs Raid Setup Setup Single 0 WD VelociRaptor Gb mb Cache mins Seagate Barracuda Gb mb Cache mins Seagate Barracuda Gb mb Cache mins Raid WD x Gb Green Caviar mins So is this AAM related causing such dramatic variations When I get home tonight I plan to run a program that s supposed to disable AAM nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I have just finished moving my OS from a 3TB hard drive to an SSD. I now have 2 matching drives that I would like to set up as a RAID array. A couple of questions:

1. Do I need to backup the data that will be on the RAID before setting it up and then move it back once it has been setup?

2. Do I format them before I go into the RAID setup utility or does that utility do it for me?

3. Will the RAID just appear as a single drive letter on my system?

4. Evidently I have the choice between RAID0 (for performance) and RAID1 (for redundancy). I hhave an extensive back up scheme in place so is there any reason not to use RAID0?

I know that I enable the RAID in the BIOS and then there is a place in the boot sequence to get into the RAID setup.

A:RAID Setup - Alienware - A few setup questions?

What are you hoping to get out of a RAID0 setup? If you have User data on the hard drive, such as movies, music, documents, pics, etc....there is no need for RAID0. Hard drives are more than fast enough for that kind of data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/298981-raid-setup-alienware-few-setup-questions.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have 2 Western Digital Raptors, and I want to put them in a Raid 0 setup, and I am clueless. What do I need, and what do I need to do? And is there anywhere I could get a guide or such? I looked on the web, and didn't see anything, though I didn't have much time to look.

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello all Let me tell you my plan and get some opinions and suggestions First let s start with what I have AMD X oc to ghz Asus a n sli deluxe motherboard gigs of Corsair pro ram oc to mhz BFG GTX meg gig Western Digital hd with partitions One partition for winXP pro one for Vista beta bit and one for vista beta bit gig Maxtor Non partitioned used for data storage I have two gig WD Raptor hard drives on the way and I plan to raid them together partition the array and install the aforementioned operating 0 New Raid Setup systems Once I complete this task I will format the gig hd and use it for storage install all my games to the new XP Pro os and then ghost each new partition of the raid array New Raid 0 Setup to a storage folder I realize that by putting my os and games on the raid array I will be at risk of losing my os New Raid 0 Setup but as I tend to format and reinstall or reghost my rig about every months or so I m not too worried about currupting the array and losing my os As long as no physical damage occurs Any suggestions tips advice Am I wasting my time and money Well obviously I am as I m tossing money away on a gaming machine but I mean beyond that lol This will be my first raid setup Thanks nbsp

A:New Raid 0 Setup

I've read the other raid posts and have come to the conclusion that since I'm going to be putting an os on the array I'll most likely go with 256k stripping and leave the block size at default 4kb. I'm still considering increasing it to half of the strip size.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-raid-0-setup.55231/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a question here, hopefully you guys can help me .I know that it is not possible to simply install Win XP on a Raid Array (Minus slipstreaming the drivers that is).So, this is my MB Specs: http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/content.php?S_ID=479

I originally bought it Used from Ebay.It Did come with all the accessories, and Apparently it does support Sata Raid 0,1,10. However, didn't come with a Floppy disc, doesn't say it is supposed to come with one, and when I google for it nothing useful comes up.So what am I exactly supposed to do?

Relevancy 52.46%

I tried to set up raid on my computer. I have two hard drives and I was going for RAID 1. I rebooted and went into the RAID setup just after BIOS and proceeded to set it up. I was prompted with some pop ups among which I was unsure as to what I was answering and one of them was asking me if I wanted to clear the MBR. I did so and now I cannot boot. When I restart my computer it asks me to select a boot device and I want it to boot from my primary hard drive, which contains my OS and the rest of my data. By clearing the MBR, I didn't erase my HD did I? If I did not, can somebody tell me how to get back into my computer? Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/raid-setup-460354.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA hard drive and i just bought a Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA hard drive and i wanted to put a RAID setup on them. How would i go about this? (i was told it would be in BIOS but i couldnt find it)

A:How do i do a RAID setup?

What kind of mobo do you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-do-a-raid-setup.512209/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi

I was wondering how i can enable Raid-5 in my windows X64 professional ? _The button for raid 5 is greyed out right now and i wonder why ?

the motherboard i use is a GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 AM3 ATX

A:Raid 5 setup

Please fill in your system specs including HDD details, you can find it in user CP

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/236619-raid-5-setup.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,
I recently bought my new computer, and it came with two RealSSD C300 256 GB.
I want to set up raid 0 to have one drive with 512 GB. I really don't mind the performance boost, i just want to have one partition with 512 GB.
I already have it on RAID mode, but whenever the Marvel screen appears, i already tried pressing CTRL M, CTRL R, CTRL I, Space, none of those seem to work.

I own the Maximus IV Extreme motherboard.

What do i do?

Thanks,
Alex.

A:How to setup raid 0 with SSD

Hi,

You cannot have a single partition of 512GB using standard RAID architecture - the RAID0 will still only be 256GB in size. It sounds like what you are after is a JBOD.

Non-RAID drive architectures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regards,
Golden

EDIT : Actually, I've had a mad moment, I was thinking about RAID1, my apologies. You can do that with a RAID0. Have you tried using the Intel RAID controller? Are you comfortable with the risk inherent in a RAID0 setup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/202982-how-setup-raid-0-ssd.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hey everyone! i searched but couldnt find the answer to what i was looking for.

currently i am running a raid right now with my 2 old 500gb HDDs (friend set it up on my computer before). i have 2 new 128gb SSDs sitting here that i would like to setup to raid and replace my win7 onto that (clean install) .

i wanted to know what would be the best way to set them up with raid and do a fresh install of win7 on them.

should i set them up as a striped voloume as a dynamic disk or is that wrong to install win7 on? also i know trim probably isnt supported for raid 0 ssd but what would be the best way to keep them healthy.

any help is much appreciated, thank you

A:Best Way to Setup SSD Raid 0?

Quote: Originally Posted by RyDawg0014

what would be the best way to keep them healthy.

any help is much appreciated, thank you

Just run it as a single drive, and let it take care of itself would be my suggestion.

Even a single SSD will be leaps and bounds faster in every way, VS a Spinning drives in Raid0. And, a lot less headache.

If you have a Intel Chipset, just download the F6 install drivers from the official site, and save to a USB drive just in case.
Then, set your Bios to RAID/AHCI mode and set up the RAID.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/148414-best-way-setup-ssd-raid-0-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My friend owns an Intel 975 xBx2 Mobo, he just got himself 4 SATA Drives of 500gb each and RAIDED them through the Raid Bios. Now upon Windows XP x64bit SP2 Setup it won't detect them and keeps refusing the provided drivers.

Yes the drivers are 64bit and up to date, just got them from Intel site ... Please can anyone link me to a tutorial, or anything that could help with my friend's problem ?

Also I would like to mention that by mistake he flashed an older Mobo with the 975xbx2 Bios, and PC is stuck on Black screen of death is there a way to restore the system ?

Thanks For Your Help

A:Raid setup help

does that mobo not have a backup feature for the bios when u update it? if it does just install backup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-setup-help.113619/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,

im about to buy the parts for a new computer. They are listed in my signature. Im confused about the different RAID setups like RAID 0 and RAID 1. Could anyone tell me what they mean? Also im getting two hard drives, one iwth 10000rpm and the other with 7200 rpm. Is there a way that i can configure it to take full advantage of the speed of the 10000 rpm drive? And while Im at it i might as well add one more question. What exactly is a driver and do I need one if i have all the parts and windows xp? Any help you guys can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,
CoolerMaster

Relevancy 52.46%

Im thinking about purchasing another 250 GB hard drive... Is it possible to setup a RAID 0 array with two IDE drives, or do I need two SATA drives?
And..
How do I set it up?

Relevancy 52.46%

Hey everyone,

can you help me out please?

I am thinking of buying SSD disks and maybe into a raid-0 config with 2 disks
(thinking of these OCZ 30 GB OCZ OCZSSD2-1VTXT30G). My MB (Asus M4N-72E) should support RAID, but does it work with SSD? Or do I need a special adapter?

Thnx for your replies!

Grtz Wolfert

A:SSD Raid-0 setup

If your board supports RAID then go for it.

edit: it sure does. Make sure you get up to date drivers for the board first

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/66449-ssd-raid-0-setup.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Soyo Dragon Plus MB, it came with onboard raid. My question is what are the benefits of having a Raid controller on the MB, and if it will improve my performance on my 60gig HD how do i set it up.....Frank

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello users,
My mobo is a Asus P6T deluxe v2.
I got one OCZ Agility 3 120gb SSD for OS, and I want my two other HDD Hitachi 500 GB in Raid 0. Is that possible?

If it is possible, how?

A:One SSD + 2 HDD in Raid 0 setup

Yes it's possible to use the two 500GB HDDs in Raid 0.

How? It's best to download the motherboard's manual
http://www.asus.com.au/Motherboards/...e_V2/#download

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/233913-one-ssd-2-hdd-raid-0-setup.html
Relevancy 52.46%

All right so right now im looking into setting up a RAId for my PC but i dunt know which ike RAID 0 or RAID 5. the reason for this raid will be for faster rendering and loading. i work with HD video all the time so 2 or 3 hard drvies would be useful. i know RAID 0 helps but does it help with rendering or anything like that at all? and the failure rate is kinda high so i dunno. my main question is what does RAID 5 do i know it help speed like 0 and increases stability but i heard it can also increase storage. is this true? wjat would be the best for editing purposes. i have a single 7200 RPM Hitatchi 500 GB. (my motherboard supports both )

A:Which RAID setup should i get?

With Raid 0, which I use, you achieve greater disk access speed as information is written across the drives. If I lose one drive, however, I lose everything. That's why I back up all data on a server.

Raid 5 will spread your data across multiple disks. If one disk fails, you can rebuild that disk by putting in a new one. So - better data protection and fast data recovery.

If you want the speed, go with 0.

If you want the security of data recovery, go with 5.

** EDIT ** Yes, you do give up disk space using 5.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/254539-raid-setup-should-i-get.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, I want to have a go at setting up a Raid 1 for my Vista 64.
I know I will need 2 SATA drives, both 500g, or 1TB.
Do they have to be the same make and model ?

Thanks for any help.
Brian

A:Raid 1 setup

Brian
I think that this article answers your question and a lot more. Good luck
How to Set Up RAID on Your PC | PCWorld Business Center
The answer to your question is no, but best to have the same.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/291311-raid-1-setup.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I was just wondering how ya would go about setting up two IDE hard drives for any kind of RAID setup?

Can ya use the IDE channel (plug) where the CD rom goes for one of the hard drives, and then use the regular channel (plug) for the second one and setup the Raid array that way? If this works then I wouldn't have a way to install the OS.

Or do I have to keep both drives on the same ribbon and set-em up as master and slave.

And yes, I have to install a real Raid card.

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 52.46%

I have a 250 sata and just got a matching one. I have had just one for over a year now but think maybe I would like to do an raid setup. Is it possible now? If so, what is the best raid setup?

A:Best raid setup to go with

Most popular are RAID 0 and RAID 1. People like to use RAID 1 because it mirrors data to prevent loss. RAID 0 runs faster, but has a higher risk of losing data. Your choice actually, but I prefer RAID 1 for myself, seeing as I usually don't care about the 1 or so millisecond speed difference.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-raid-setup-to-go-with.58705/
Relevancy 52.46%

Getting ready to setup a RAID with the Asus K N I currently have two hard drives g and g The g is partitioned into C amp D the g is partitioned into E F G The E partition is a copy of the C RAID setup 1 partition the F partition is a copy of the D partrition I have been using Norton Ghost in the past to copy the drives for backup purposes I want to setup RAID for backup RAID 1 setup purposes Can I copy the g onto the g remove the g install a new g enable RAID from the BIOS Will the computer start to mirror the new g upon startup I have XP already running and I have a LOT of applications already installed that I really do not want to reinstall Do I need to install a new drive SATA and install the OS on it If I did this would the computer see the two existing IDE drives and would the RAID setup function Would I be able to access the applications I do have a floppy drive in the computer if that matters Thanks for any all help nbsp

A:RAID 1 setup

for best results you should use drives of the same size and make. A RAID array will destroy all data on all RAID drives when created. If you are going to use a SATA drive, I would make your array out of 2 SATA drives.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-1-setup.86685/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a AN7n8-E Deluxe mother board.What I'm trying to do is set up a 0
raid system. done the raid BIOS set up and copied the existing hard drive to it. I have tried to use the f6 to get it to boot. Still I havn't a clue of what to dne the fuction keys will not work doing the setup I thought look its the
keyboard , three different keyboards from three different makers. The funny thing is when I use the old hard drive it sees one drive. but, still unable to boot from it. Yes BIOS has the latest greatest update still I see no difference from the old BIOS. Where in the BIOS do I set it up to see the hard drives.
any any other tech help would be most appreciated.

A:Xp Pro and raid setup

Roadwarrior said:

I have a AN7n8-E Deluxe mother board.What I'm trying to do is set up a 0
raid system. done the raid BIOS set up and copied the existing hard drive to it. I have tried to use the f6 to get it to boot. Still I havn't a clue of what to dne the fuction keys will not work doing the setup I thought look its the
keyboard , three different keyboards from three different makers. The funny thing is when I use the old hard drive it sees one drive. but, still unable to boot from it. Yes BIOS has the latest greatest update still I see no difference from the old BIOS. Where in the BIOS do I set it up to see the hard drives.
any any other tech help would be most appreciated.Click to expand...

There some one there that can help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-and-raid-setup.400103/
Relevancy 52.46%

i know this question may seem very dumb and very beginner-like to many of u guys...but what exactly is RAID MODE..i mean i have seen it in my BIOS and all...can u guys check my HDD and see if it supports a RAID SETUP..i heard you can get better ratings with RAID...right now it is just hooked up via sata cable

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

well thats it...if it is possible someone please explain what i need to thank
ahh looked in my bios and found ide,raid,and ahci ...which one has the best performance with the safest data safety...

check which of these will raise my 5.6 score...maybe even to a 5.9
thanks

A:How to use a RAID Setup

Basically, a RAID can be many things. But mostly it improves performance and can also be used to mirror your system drive in case it fails.

RAID 0 is performance mode or striping. Requires 2 physical, and suggested identical drives to be done correctly. Each drive feeds the controller different bits of data simultaneously. It's not necessarily double the performance, but depending on what you do, a striped RAID can be nice. However, if you are concerned about data loss if the RAID ever fails, RAID 0 is not for you. If one drive fails, you lose it all. RAID 0 combines the capacity of both drives. So 2 20 gig HDs in RAID 0 would yeild a ~40 gig array.

RAID 1 is a mirror array. This also requires 2 physical drives. The controller writes all bits to both drives and creates an auto-backup if you will. If one drive fails, the system keeps chugging along as if nothing ever happened. With a warning of a failed drive of course, but it *shouldn't* and in most cases doesn't crash the system. RAID 1 doesn't combine the capacity of both drives, but instead only has actual capacity of a single drive. So 2 20 gig HDs in RAID 1 = 20 gig logical drive with backup. RAID 1 doesn't provide the performance increase you get with RAID 0.

RAID 0 + 1 is the best of both worlds. It requires 3 physical drives to be done correctly. It stripes the data across the RAID 0 array portion, then it backs the entire array up on the additional drive.

It's a very good idea to use identical drives for a RAID array. However, in a RAID 0 + 1 configuration, remember that the "+1" mirror drive should be equal or greater than the capacity of the striped drives.

These are just the basic RAID arrays I've listed. There are much more complex arrays to be made that offer incredible performance, but as you can guess, they can get expensive.

Hope this helped.

T

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/113126-how-use-raid-setup.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone;
I'm putting together a new system. I have a Asus P5k Black Pearl board that has 6 SATA ports. I was wondering if I could make 3 of the ports raid 5 (with 1 tb Seagate drives) and 1 port with my O/S. I am thinking of running a 300gb VelociRaptor for my O/S drive. Does this sound like a good setup? I'll be using the raid 5 drives for back up on my home network. I will be running Vista Ultimate 64 bit with 8 gigs of ram. Any other ideas would be greatly appreicated.
Thanks for your feed back

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-setup.807621/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, i have two hard drives in my pc, both sata not sure if they are sata1 or 2, but i havent set up raid yet but want to do so because it will increase performace if i use raid0.

1) one of the drives are 150gig the other is 250, does this matter?
2)i already have installed windows and have all my backup on the 250gig, do i have to format both these drives before i setup raid?
3)if i use raid 0, does this mean whatever i have on my c drive will be mirrored on my d drive? what iessentially want is to use my c drive for windows xp and software and d drive for backups (although if required i will buy and external HD)

can you please help?

Thanks,

A:Setup raid

I put this in your own thread. Replying to a guide is not going to get you any answers.

You have some incorrect ideas about raid. First you will not have two drives any longer; you will have one drive that is twice the size of the smallest drive in the array. I always recommend using drives of the same mfg, size, cache, and speed. While it is possible to setup raid with drives of dissimilar size, you are really asking for stability problems. In addition you will loose some disk space. Your raid0 array would be 300gig [2X150] you would loose some space from the larger disk.

Next unless you are using a high end real raid card, you will destroy ALL data on the drives when you create the array. This requires you to clean install windows, all apps, copy data, etc. Note some cards do allow you to create a raid1 array and not destroy data; you would then mirror/rebuild the array.

Next item. Raid of any type is not a backup plan. You must have a third drive that is not part of the array for backup. You can use an external for this task as well

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-raid.629891/
Relevancy 52.46%

hi, just got a promise ex4650 raid card for my vista 64 sys. I already have os and some progs on a 150 velociraptor i saw the hardware guide on raid...is there anything else i need to know to set up a raid 0 with a 2nd velociraptor.....?

From what I read I just build a raid 0 with the 2 drives and ghost my image back onto the raid
Thanks, Bruce

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-new-raid-setup.863848/
Relevancy 52.46%

i am trying to set up raid on my ga-990fxa-ud3, but when i try to install win7 64 it tells me i need a driver for my dvr219L at the begining of the setup, i didnt receive a disc with the drive and cant find drivers any where, i can however install windows without raid activated and both drives are recognised please help me!

A:need help with raid setup

Hi

You will need to download the raid driver from here

GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Driver

And then copy onto a memory stick or CD/DVD. Then on the Win7 installation, navigate to the driver location when asked and the installation should continue.

Regards
UKMedia

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/184133-need-help-raid-setup.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I want to setup a web server running windows 2003 server. I have a computer here with 5 hard drives and I want to setup a RAID 5... How do you go about doing this??

Relevancy 52.46%

can any one help?

i have a sfc/ scannow that said it found errors but could not repair some of them- a website recommended booting into safe mode and doing it there but it does not work

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of th
em.
Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example
C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

C:\Windows\system32>Click to expand...

here is the cbs log:

http://paste2.org/F0PjAdc9

any help would be great...and as to why i cant boot into safe mode?

cheers

A:no F8 on RAID setup?

It'd be best to upload the CBS.log file to this post and not post a link to another web site. You'll get better results.

a website recommended booting into safe mode and doing it there but it does not workClick to expand...

Be more specific please. Details count.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-f8-on-raid-setup.1140515/
Relevancy 52.46%

I'am trying to set up a raid 1 array on an existing win2k linux dual boot system. I have an asus asus a7v266-e with an onboard promise fastrack lite controller with a maxtor 60 gig hd. After installing a new identical hd and starting the fastbuild utility to clone the existing hd, it gets to 14% and then I get an error that there is a critical error with the source drive. After disconnecting the new drive and rebooting I run chkdsk and find no problems. I installed the fasttrack lite drivers in win 2k previously. 14% of 60 gig is 8.4.gigs. Is this some kind of limitation? The new drive is virgin with no partitions set up. Do I need to do this first? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

A:Raid setup

i don't mean to brush you off but i think this question is better suited for Promise

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-setup.179126/
Relevancy 52.46%

Had 2 HDD in RAID 1 and one failed. I've replaced the HDD..how do i set it up if i want RAID 0 and do i have to reinstall XP? Or would i just be better off keeping it as RAID 1? i have a message saying " a raid volume is degraded, but may be rebuilt to a non-RAID disk". New to all of this and don't know what this means or how to do it. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 51.6%

OK I had my machine set up with TB WD harddrives in a RAID configuration and for some reason out of nowhere one of RAID Setup Question the HD s jumped out of the RAID array I ran RAIDXpert and it says both RAID Setup Question drives are functional and running fine but one disk is in my RAID array and the other is JBOD It won t let me rebuild my array in the utility because it s booting to the JBOD drive I ve gone in my BIOS to try to get it to boot in the RAID disk but I can t even see the JBOD in the BIOS my only choice is the RAID array When I skip the RAID bios disk scan I get a non-system disk error When I go in the RAID setup utility at startup I see my RAID array with a critical status one disk failed or disconnected and my other disk shown as quot free quot Now here s what I want to do but I m not sure if I will get the desired result so I thought I d get a more expert opinion before I erase all my data on a quot I think this will work quot hunch I want to go into my RAID Setup Question RAID setup utility and Delete my RAID array that is listed as critical I understand it will effectively delete the data on that disk select quot define LD quot and choose the disk that I just dumped out of the RAID Setup Question RAID array turn fast init off And then I think I can choose a source disk and copy it to the first disk I selected So I would then select the current quot free quot or JBOD disk and then I would hopefully see it duplicating my JBOD disk and afterwards I d have my RAID array back with no data lost Thoughts Will this work Also any thoughts on how I got here in the first place would be welcome as well Thanks Windows Home Premium bit AMD Phenom Quad Core GHz Gigabyte GA-MA G-UD H Mobo GB RAM nbsp

A:RAID Setup Question

What's the drive model number? Some WD drives (green and some blue) don't behave well in a RAID of any kind, and tend to drop out or otherwise go knutz.

When building a RAID with WD drives, always use Black.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-setup-question.898765/
Relevancy 51.6%

It comes a time when you get bored by the usual computer set up (Primary HDD for OS and Backup HDD for all your media).......

Currently I have some unused hard drives lying around so I decided to have some fun.......unfortunately, I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SETTING UP RAID CONFIGURATIONS......so please start from the basics

1. What hardware do I need?
2. How do I set it up?
3. How do I test?
4. .....Just random but is it worth it? Pros and Cons

Feel free to recommend hardware, I might do some shopping!
Thnx in advance.

A:What do you need to setup a RAID configuration?

1. You need a motherboard with RAID capability or add-on RAID controller
2. I suggest you Google for types of RAID Arrays, and Data redundancy
3. The RAID controller will do this for you. You will have to reload the operating system if you change or add a RAID array drive if you don't use an array with data redundancy.

I have a stripped RAID array with no data redundancy. This is for maximum data access speed. It is made up of 3 500GB drives, giving me 1.36TB single drive. You think it would be 1.5TB, but because of "overhead" the total usable space is 1.36TB. I have a 4th 500GB drive for back up that's not part of the RAID array

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-you-need-to-setup-a-raid-configuration.172268/
Relevancy 51.6%

Any HDD and raid controller recommendations for a raid 0 setup for my friend's dell xps 410.. preferably would like to keep the total cost under $200

A:dell xps 410 RAID setup

I have no personal experience so I will leave particulars to others, but I know the Dell XPS 410 will do raid 0 without a controller. Make backups, if one drive goes, you lose all data. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/91336-dell-xps-410-raid-setup.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Can you setup a riad 0 after win 7 is installed, I have 2 1tb drives, win 7 on one other not setup yet.

A:Setup raid 0 after install

Yes, go to Disk Management and set up a new mirrored volume. I am not sure: you may need to convert to dynamic disk for it to work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/44690-setup-raid-0-after-install.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Alright heres my problem, I recently killed my motherboard(Epox 8k3a+) during a recapping procedure and I was using the onboard RAID controller with 2 80GB Seagate drive setup in RAID 0. My Question is can I just purchase another motherboard with an identical RAID controller on it (Highpoint HPT372) and I should be able to boot it up off my drives? Anyone done something like this before? Even getting into safemode would work. Ive tried to use RAID Rebuilder and GetDataBack from Runtime Software and there are many files that dont get found and it acts as if the drives are bad but I know they arent. I am unable to get another 8k3a+ but I can get a 8k9a2+ which has the same RAID on it just a different chipset(KT400 from KT333ce). I really need some help to get the data off these drives.

A:Rebuild RAID setup

It should Just Work if you set the drives to RAID0 with the right stripe size setting. Don't initialize the array!

It may be better to use Linux software RAID to get the data - it's free and it is easier to play around with settings and such. Needs Linux and RAID expertise though..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rebuild-raid-setup.47634/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm going to build a new computer. I got my hands on 3x 40 GB hard drives (7200rpm) and could get one more. I'm planning on buying a new hard drive with the computer. I would like to have a dual boot with Windows 7 and some type of Linux. What is my best setup?

I was thinking butting the 40GB hard drives in array 5, installing Windows on them, on the new hard drive installing Linux.

A:What is the best RAID setup for this situation?

Let me restate the question; which is better, RAID 5 with crappy hard drives or one good hard drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-best-raid-setup-for-this-situation.157462/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm not even quite sure this is possible but I am seeking confirmation and if so, how exactly to accomplish it. I have two seperate Western Digital 1TB external MyBooks. I want those to be mirrors of each other. So I don't want anything to do with a RAID set up on my C: drive or anything. All I'm doing is storing all my media on the externals and when I write to one, i want it written to the other at the same time. Possible?

A:RAID setup in Ultimate x64

Originally Posted by MrTmbrnMn1

I'm not even quite sure this is possible but I am seeking confirmation and if so, how exactly to accomplish it. I have two seperate Western Digital 1TB external MyBooks. I want those to be mirrors of each other. So I don't want anything to do with a RAID set up on my C: drive or anything. All I'm doing is storing all my media on the externals and when I write to one, i want it written to the other at the same time. Possible?

This installer - WDDriveManager.exe (contained in the zip file) installs the Drive related light, button, and RAID Manager functionality program for Windows 2000, XP, and Vista
http://support.wdc.com/product/downl...sid=89&lang=en

note- This is the software for the external dual storage RAID, and therefore might not work with two WD externals.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/222345-raid-setup-ultimate-x64.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I currently have a K7N2 motherboard with 2 Seagate 80 gb 7200 RPM hard drives and am thinking about setting them up in a RAID configuration. I am pretty good at building my own machines, but to be perfectly honest, I know absolutely nothing about setting this up. Any one know where I can go to get info for this project? I Googled it but the info that came up was not very helpful. Does it take a certain kind of motherboard for this? Do I need to purchase other hardware? Any help that you may provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jim

A:RAID Array setup.

Hey Jim,
Is that a K7N2 Delta-L or a K7N2 Delta-ILSR? Only the ILSR will run raid. Otherwise you can get a raid PCI card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-array-setup.434238/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Biostar mainboard with Sata Raid 0 enabled. I am trying to install win 7 sp1 but the install process asks for a driver. I thought the drivers are on the win 7 disk itself ? I do not have a floppy disc. What am I doing wrong ?

A:setup sata raid 0 on win 7

Look for the drivers from the motherboard manufacturer and put them on a USB drive. Do the F6 trick when prompted and point the Win7 setup program to the USB drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/186934-setup-sata-raid-0-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello Guys amp Gals I need a bit of knowledge with raid and can t Setup Questions Raid really find answer using search here google and youtube So I have a windows system Raid Setup Questions with internal hdd ssd and dvd and bdrw sata drives external drive hdd Now i am going to be adding a new system card for more drive support and here is my questions Is there a way to use a pci card for more sata drives and have one of those drives as a raid drive to raid my c drive I want a mirror of drive c ssd just in case I have a copy clone of c currently but I want a active mirror of it I really do not want to move drives around if at all possible I simply want to add a card and a new drive to that card to mirror c That brings me Raid Setup Questions to question which is if it can be done Raid Setup Questions can the raid drive be of different type and size Meaning my c is ssd gb and I want to use a hdd of gb or more I know the space is lost and wasted but I do not want another ssd as raid mirror Last question If both my questions above can be done how the heck do I do it I am good with basic stuff and some advanced but have never used or tried raid in my life I just recently cloned c drive from ssd to the ssd which was easy and the gb ssd run great now as c drive and the is in storage now So if anyone could answer my questions i would greatly appreciate it Thanks in advance Gren nbsp

A:Raid Setup Questions

1) An actual intelligent raid card that would be worth Sh*t would cost more than another 512GB SSD (a lot more!!!!)
2) If you went that route, you'd have a nightmare getting the boot drivers loaded onto your existing Windows because you would HAVE to move the boot drive's connection to the raid card.
3) A Raid mirror replicates the changes on one drive so that the second drive is as close to identical, in real time, as possible. No matter what, using a traditional drive as the second drive in a mirror would cripple the speed of the SSD. (Does a 4-5 times slower storage subsystem make you want to rethink that?)
4) One HUGE weakness of a raid one (mirror) is that, if one drive gets infected or corrupted, the mirror is too, faster than you can blink your eyes.

Since name brand SSD's now have a 10 year life and are not prone to the hardware failures that traditional hard disk drives are, why do you want a mirror?

Do you want to be able to add more storage?
Are those external drives using USB 3.0? (its ten times faster than USB 2)

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/raid-setup-questions.305813/
Relevancy 51.6%

Alright guys,
I just bought myself an new pc, and having real problems setting up raiI'm using the Raid Setup drivers off my MoBo disk, moved em onto a floppy and when i try to install the Actual Raid I keep getting an 'Error Code 4 nvrdx64.sys cannot be loaded '
Maybe the drivers are Corrupt ? the floppy screwed maybe ?
Any Helps Aprectiated, thanks guys.

A:Raid Setup problems

Welcome to TSG....

How to Set Up RAID on Your PC

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,132877/article.html?tk=nl_ptxcol

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-setup-problems.604936/
Relevancy 51.6%

I found this HP white paper about RAID, and it says: Can I use SED (self-encrypting drive) components in RAID?
No. The TCG Opal specification, to which all HP SED devices are compliant, does not allow usage in RAID arrays. The
drives can be used in a RAID array, but it is not possible to manage the hardware encryption key when the drives are
members of a RAID array.Is this referring to true hardware RAID only?  What if I want to use SED drives in either an Intel firmware RAID setup or a Windows software RAID setup?  Could I manage the hardware encryption keys for the drives in either of those RAID setups?  I was thinking about using the Automatic DriveLock feature in the BIOS to manage the encryption keys.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-you-use-SED-drives-in-a-RAID-setup/td-p/5744493
Relevancy 51.6%

I just got this asus board its a PB5 Deluxe 2 gig ram and 3 500 gig Sata Hard drives.
I have followed the instructions in relation to configuration that i found on this forum and everything has worked so far.

I created the Floppy disk with the intel makedisk package loaded the driver created the raid array, thats where it goes pair shaped.

When i go to install xp it says below.

Setup cannot copy the file:IaStor.sys

If you are installing from a cd, make sure the windows CD is in the CD rom. (well it is)

To skip this file, press esc.

CAUTION: If you skip this file, setup may not complete and windows XP May not work properly. (When i did this XP starts to load for a second then blue screens)

I'm not sure where to go from here.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

I am trying to build a high speed server for in a new house that is being build. I am going to try and make it 1000 megabytes per second so that streaming HD movies from it is fast and reliable. I am going to be putting 2 x 1tb Western digital caviar green hard drives and I am wondering what RAID I should set the up as.

Any help would be great thanks.

Jack-O-Bytes

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I'm installing my new 160 gig hds. I have 2 of them and would like to setup a RAID(stripping). I was wondering if someone could please give me advice as far as how i should fill in two options on the controller BIOS. The first is "Strip Block=64kb" Should i leave that alone or change it to another amount to increase performance. Also there is a option "Gigabyte boundry=OFF"
Again should i leave that one as is in the off or change it to on.

Lastly i was wondering how can i format my HDs and change the amount of clusters per block instead of having 4096 to 1024 which i was reading should make the computer faster.
I'd really be greatfull if someone could help out here or could give me other advice as to how to setup the RAID. The controller is a built on the MB Promise.

Thanks,
Sebastian

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello Need some help setting up a RAID setup nforce3 RAID setup for a spare disc on my Win bit system Asus K N-E Deluxe motherboard Win installed on a RAID array running off the Si onboard controller I have nforce3 RAID setup two spare gb drives that I attached to nforce3 RAID setup the SATA nforce3 RAID setup and SATA ports on the MB and activated the Nvidia RAID in the BIOS Set up the two drives as a RAID striped set in bios and then booted off the Si RAID set Windows does not see the Nvidia RAID array Device manager says the NVIDIA nforce RAID Controller is installed and running see attached nvraid jpg Disc management sees the two drives and pop's up the window seen in nvraid jpg Nvraid jpg is the main management window My question is how do I go about getting the Nvidia RAID controller to recognize the nvidia RAID array as a single disc in Win not as two gb SATA discs Thanks for any help provided

A:nforce3 RAID setup

I have the same motherboard and have had "fun" installing and running Win 7. Drivers have been and still are an issue for me. I could use some help with that.

Now for your problem (which I had too), go into the BIOS to make sure RAID is enabled (OK, you say you did that already). Then during posting press F10 or F4 (I can't remember which one is Sil and which is nVidia) to make sure you have a RAID Array configured.

I had mine set up properly in the BIOS but for whatever reason, it wasn't configured during posting. It was was before but then it messed up for some unknown reason. If I remember correctly, this has happened to me again...strange. Fortunately, I am running RAID Mirroring and so didn't lose any info by rebuilding the RAID Array.

As a side note trying to install to the nVidia Mirroring Array to begin with did not work for me. After rebooting, I some weird symbols on the monitor at the end of the posting when it should have been going to the boot GUI.

Something else I had to do (I have installed several times) is if Windows does see it gut get the Access Denied message, then I had to take ownership of that drive (partition). Right click it, properties, security tab and then take ownership.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/41048-nforce3-raid-setup.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am setting up a RAID 1 configuration for the first time and would like some help.

I purchased 2x 1TB (WD Caviars) and already have Windows Vista Business installed on my 150GB WD Raptor. So, first thing is first, I've installed the two new drives and when I went into Disk Management it requests I initialize the disks. Do I initialize them in MBR or GPT? I don't really understand the difference.

Next, would it be better to set up the RAID 1 with the OS on the two drives or leave the OS on the 150GB drive?

Finally, can someone provide a step by step guide on how to setup the RAID 1 mirror with this configuration? Should I install NTune?

Thanks so much!

A:How to: Setup a Raid 1 (680i SLI)?

Raid tutorial
You may need to search Google on Raid setup Step by step (there's just too much to post)
But I know by setting up Raid your present OS may be removed (ie single drive)
So you might want backup first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-setup-a-raid-1-680i-sli.113364/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am in the process of upgrading my computer and have encountered a problem setting RAID 0. I have setup RAID 0 before without any problems, but this seems to have beaten me.
ASUS P4P800S-X MB
Two Maxtor Diamond 80GB SATA drives
The problem is that I am unable to find a way of entering the RAID details during Windows setup. I have downloaded what I think are the correct drivers on to a floppy, when I get the F6 prompt I insert the floppy and keep getting the same message:
THE FILE TXTSETUP.OEM COULD NOT BE FOUND
Anyone got any ideas ?
Thanks in anticipation,
FBW

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-0-setup-problems.20012/
Relevancy 51.6%

I plan on building a system with the gigabyte 8inxp motherboard. I was going to set up a raid 0 array with 2 40gb ata133 hard drives (IDE3 & 4) and have another 60gb ata100 hd as a backup (IDE1). I planned to install winxp on the array however the manual says to use a floppy disk to install the drivers, but the damn thing is on a CD. I downloaded a 5mb+ zip file from the company support page (but i cant put this on the floppy). Will it work if i just pick out the winxp files and put it on the disk or will i need the whole thing? Also would this raid configuration work?

A:ga-8inxp raid setup

[tsg=welcome][/tsg]

Nice choice of boards!

What you will need to do is browse the CD to get the drivers for your operating system. you may also check thier website, I believe that they have a driver download that will extract to a floppy.

I run mine as ATA-133 instead of RAID, so all I had to do when I set mine up was load the drivers during XP setup.
NOTE: There is a BIOS Setting to toggle between ATA and RAID. Check that and once that is set correctly, Windows should install and setup RAID without much difficulty!
Good Luck!

ST

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ga-8inxp-raid-setup.117396/
Relevancy 51.6%

High Everyone;
I have a Asus P5K Premium board and will be running Vista Ultimate. My southbridge controler has 6 sata ports and supports raid 0, 1, 5, and 10.

My question is: Can I use 3 ports in a raid setup (for storage and backup), 1 for the O/S and the other 2 for Blu-Ray drive etc.

I am thinking of running a Raptor drive for the O/S, Would this be a good setup?

Thanks for your help
Wayne

Relevancy 51.6%

hi, this one is driving me nuts, I have 500gigs of data waiting to be plugged into my computer and it feels like i have tried everything.. all I want to do is activate RAID in the BIOS of my Intel ICH7 without re-installing xp, i've tried booting safemode before and after enabling the option, tried installing the drivers yet i get told "your hardware does not support this driver". So is it actually possible and if so, how?

A:is it possible to activate RAID after XP setup?

On all the systems I have seen,the raid array needs to be created at the hardware
level through the raid BIOS,then the operating system installed,then the raid
management software installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-possible-to-activate-raid-after-xp-setup.699537/
Relevancy 51.6%

I want to build a system with a gigabyte GA-8IKXW with 2 hard drives so I can mirror the drives. I was looking in the manual and it shows ide 1 and 2 and then it has ide 3 & 4 connectors and it says that they are raid compatible. So I was confused about which ide connectors to plug the drives into if I want to use raid, does it matter? It has a on board promise raid controller.

Do I keep each drive on a separate cable?
Since it said 3 & 4 were raid compatible, I was wondering if I can still connect to 1 & 2 and set up raid or do I have to use 3 & 4?

Thanks,
George

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I have WinXP installed already on a Raid 0 setup (2 80gb sata drives) with a 64k stripe..I'd like to experiment a little and try a 16k stripe..now when I go to reinstall windows again will XP format BOTH drives or do I have to do that manually? Thank you

A:Raid 0 setup question

Windows will do it automatically, but you need your MoBo specific raid drivers on a floppy disc.
You can find theses raid drivers on your MoBo's website if you don't already have them.
Then when you boot from the xp cd and setup begins, @ the bottom of the screen it will prompt you to hit F6 to install 3rd party raid or scsi drivers, or somthing to that effect,
hit F6, then make sure your raid floppy is in your drive, then when prompted, hit "S" and then enter.
This is a neccessary step, once you do this windows will treat your 2 80gb drives as 1 160gb drive.
Then when it asks you to hit enter to install xp, hit enter, then it will tell you there is already crap on the drive and ask if you wish to format.
From there its all automated.
By the way this is xp pro, if you have xp home it may vary a little.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/raid-0-setup-question-96743.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Everytime I do the custom setup to format, I get this message:

Quote:
Windows cannot be installed to this disk. Windows needs the driver for device [Intel(R) 82801ER SATA RAID Controller]. Click 'Load Driver' and load the required device driver.

I downloaded the driver, put it on a USB drive, and it never detected the .exe on the drive.

My options are:
Uninstall RAID
Fix driver issue
Please help. I'm installing from WINXP.

A:Setup - Need to uninstall RAID?

Quote: Originally Posted by Zachafer

Everytime I do the custom setup to format, I get this message:

Quote:
Windows cannot be installed to this disk. Windows needs the driver for device [Intel(R) 82801ER SATA RAID Controller]. Click 'Load Driver' and load the required device driver.

I downloaded the driver, put it on a USB drive, and it never detected the .exe on the drive.

My options are:
Uninstall RAID
Fix driver issue
Please help. I'm installing from WINXP.

Z
Maybe it cant read the driver file from the usb. try putting it on a cd.

You 32bit or 64?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/25522-setup-need-uninstall-raid.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi
I have dual Maxtor 160's in a raid congfig so of course shows as single
320 setup. When I go to the device manager and check the ATAPI secondary
IDE channel - it tells me that Device 0 and Device 1 both have Auto detection on
Transfer Mode : DMA if available
Current Transfer Mode : Not Applicable ( This Portion is grayed out )

How can I check to see if this setup is actually running in DMA mode and change it if it isn't? Burst rate is only 81 MB/s and should be in the 300 range according to specs.
Robert

A:SATA Raid setup

It probably will already be using DMA, if not then it would be using bus mastering.

Nick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-raid-setup.607208/
Relevancy 51.6%

I was looking for some advice. I wanted to setup a RAID on my desktop. I have read that RAID 0 is better for preference. But I have also read that you need your HDDs to be the same (memory/rpn). I intended to set up the best RAID to boost performance.

Here is the 3 HDD that I'm working with:

Maxtor
320gb
7200rpm

Hitachi
500gb
7200rpm

Toshiba
320gb
5400rpm
Also does this ware your HDD faster?? As in will it cause the HDD to break sooner then normal?

Thanks in advance for any help

A:RAID setup Advice

RAID 0 will stripe data across two drives. It can provide a bit of a speed increase, depending upon how it's used. The drawback being that if EITHER drive fails, all of the data is lost. It's basically just a single drive in that configuration.

As for drive choice, when using RAID 0, both drives will be limited to speed of the slowest drive AND the size of the smallest drive. Hence the recommendation to use identical drives.

In your case, you will want to use the two 7200rpm drives, but they will appear as two 320gb drives. In my opinion, it'w not worth the hassle or risk.

If you want a large speed increase, get a SSD drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-setup-advice.1086838/
Relevancy 51.6%

hi i just rebuilt my system with vista 64 and a 150 velociraptor..i have now decided to buy another drive and do a raid 0 as i've done in the past. Is there a way to create a 0 array from the one drive that i already have installed the os on ?

Thanks Bruce

Relevancy 51.6%

My apologies if this has been answered else where I have read the guide listed in forums but as this is my first time messing with Setup Please Assistance RAID 0 Need with a RAID setup at all I want to make sure I do it right the first time Im attempting to set up raid on my intel duo quad for my two raptor g drives Im not using a RAID card so then the drivers I need are motherboard drivers Do I have the right My Mobo is ASUS P N -E SLI I have been to the ASUS website http support asus com download download aspx SLanguage en-us but am unable find anything that relates to RAID and vista and the mobo manual only provides instructions on the XP raid install Would very much appriceate any and all assistance not sure if this is relevant but The asus site is asking me what series my motherboard Need Assistance with RAID 0 Setup Please is my options are accessory utility or various socket specifications I ve scanned the manual but am unable to find the info its asking for What am I missing here and do I need to know this to set up my raid array properly nbsp

A:Need Assistance with RAID 0 Setup Please

What stage is the pc at the moment?
You need to build the raid array BEFORE windows is installed
I have not checked, with that board I would think the sata raid drivers are already installed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-assistance-with-raid-0-setup-please.626159/
Relevancy 51.6%

My RAID controller is: HPT372 UDMA/ATA133 RAID (last software version)

I have two HardDisk on RAID: the first is Maxtor 120gb 7200rpm ATA133 8mb of buffer (connected on IDE3). The second is 120gb Seagate 7200rpm ATA100 8mb of buffer (connected on IDE4).

RAID 0, Block size: 64k
Motherboard: ABIT K7D-RAID (with last bios)

Take a look at this test. Mainly the write speed!

What could causing this ?

A:Very very slow RAID setup

First of all, looks like your drives are sharing an IDE channel. Put them on separate cables.

Is it really this slow or is it just the test? With sth that slow you should feel it also.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-very-slow-raid-setup.13833/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi! I am having trouble setting up a raid 1 (mirror) on a new computer using two identical hard drives. I have tried several things that I have found online.
My system has an Asus motherboard A55BM-plus with an amd fm2 processor. Bios is set to a raid configuration and the bios sees both hard drives (two Seagate 500 gb). All equipment is new.
Device manager shows both hard drives. Device mgmt. shows only drive c. and my dvd rom.
Any advice would be appreciated. I am by no means an expert. I just love playing with computers.

A:Raid 1 setup in windows 8.1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZeMVg0242M

step by step video .I have never did this myself , but ,it might help you

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/60210-raid-1-setup-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Guys.

I am thinking of installing a raid setup on vista.

I have 3 400g/b sata drive and am looking for some advice on which way to go
Your thoughts would be appreciated

Ratsrude

A:help with choosing raid setup

You can use two in raid 0 if its speed upgrade you are looking for and the third for backup.
Remember there is no redundancy with raid 0, if one drive fails you lose everything.
Also RAID IS NOT BACKUP.
Link for more info
http://www.acnc.com/04_01_00.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-choosing-raid-setup.582475/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am going to be building a athlon system this weekend I have two wd raptor gig hard drives I want to use them in a raid function In reading the manual it gives directions for using the Gigaraid function but it appears to be directed only at IDE drives My motherboard supports serial ata raid functions I don t see any directions though Do I daisy chain the two hard drives I don t plan on installing a 0 in raid sata setup floppy The manual talks about preparing sata in raid 0 setup a floppy for software I am wondering if I can use a zip drive in place of the floppy for installing the raid sata in raid 0 setup drivers I would also appreciate any other pointers Here is the equipment Amd athlon x mb ddr pc Kingston Value Ram WD Raptor x Ati All in Wonder Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum Antec Watt True Power Supply Antec SLK BQE Black TDK indi DVD x Sony x DVD Rom Gigabyte K Triton GA-K VNXP nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello guys,
I made a raid 0 setup through the disk management of windows of 2 320GB hdds, and now i want to install clean windows seven in my PC on those raid hdds.
I went till the disk selection for installing but it shows me 2 hdds of 640GB.. and i i try to install on them they tell me to change something in the bios.
Can anyone guide me how to install on a raid 0 hdd setup?

A:Install on raid setup

I believe that you cannot install Windows 7 on a software RAID 0 array.

Does your motherboard support RAID? On an Intel board with a SATA controller that supports RAID, the normal way to install would be to switch the controller to RAID mode (the other options would be IDE and AHCI). That will give you a RAID sub-BIOS that'll allow you to configure the disks as a RAID 0. (That will also eliminate the data that are on the drives.) Windows will see the array as a single drive.

I haven't done this since Vista. I'm not sure whether Win7 includes RAID drivers, but it has a lot more drivers than Vista did.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/134748-install-raid-setup.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys, I want to setup a raid 0 configuration with 2 320GB SATA HDD's.
And for extra i even want to keep my old 500GB and 640GB as storage. (no raid for them.) I dont know what to do, I'm totally a Newcomer in that. Can i be offered with advices on how to do it?
Thank you.

A:Help needed in Raid setup.

Hi Amigo

Does your motherboard support RAID or will you be using an addon RAID-Controller?

Regards

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/109223-help-needed-raid-setup.html
Relevancy 51.6%

hi i am going to configure my dream machine it may not be the top of the line but that much i can afford OS Win XP Prof bit PROCESSOR Core i i D GHz MOTHERBOARD MSI X Pro GRAPHICS CARD Palit GTX MB GDDR SONIC or help regarding need & setup RAID configuration Sapphire HD MB need help regarding configuration & RAID setup GDDR which one is better RAM Corsair TR X G- C GB Kit can i go for GB PSU Corsair TX is it sufficient HARD DRIVE Two Seagate Barracuda TB hard drives in RAID CABINET NZXT Guardian is my configuration is all right my goals are playing games to learn ds max photoshop i want to know does win xp support GB RAM some people are saying that it can support max GB is it true can anyone guide me how to set up RAID i was going through tutorials amp mobo manual downloaded from MSI website they are saying i have to put RAID drivers in a floppy from where i should install but nowadays cabinets do not have a floppy drive amp i m in no mood buying so so what should i do should i configure hard drives in bios to RAID before installing windows or i can do that later on lots of question don t know whether i picked up right forum category many many thanks to all of you i can proceed whenever i will get green signal from you all regards sidhu nbsp need help regarding configuration & RAID setup

A:need help regarding configuration & RAID setup

I run XP Pro and have 4 gig installed. My system sees only 3. I am told it varies between 2.5 and 3.5 depending on your computer configuration. The computer uses all 4 gig they just are not available for windows programs. See http://members.cox.net/slatteryt/RAM.html for a quick lesson on RAM usage.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-regarding-configuration-raid-setup.833680/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Dell Dimension 8400

with 1 80GB SATA150 HD

if I am going to a RAID 0 setup

1. Do I need a 2nd HD of the exact same size and type?
2. Do I need purchase a RAID controller card or is that function already on the Dell mobo?
3. Any other suggestions?

A:Questions about RAID 0 setup. Need Help?!

Search Feature is your friend

Read these threads first :
Anyone explain RAID ?
Recommendations for RAID 0 Stripe Size
The latest Intel chipsets have RAID capable southbridges & the Dell Dimension 8400 page seems to confirm that you can indeed run a RAID HDD system. Do you have anything in the BIOS setup (either Del or F2 during the POST sequence) concerning RAID options ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/questions-about-raid-0-setup-need-help.24733/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All, I have been experiencing a diffcult time setting up Raid 1 storage group on my newly purchase HP Z640. I'm using the configured PCIe SSD drive for the OS (Win10 64 bit) and added 2 WD 6TB Red drives; enabled Raid on Bios. Left the default OROM to legacy. I'm able to access the Raid Setup page and see both WD drives. By default Raid 0 is choosen, when I change to Raid 1 I'm not able to select the disk to add to the new Raid Array.  Is there any steps I'm missing with configuring Raid 1 Array on my new workstation, any assistance or advise would be greatly apperciated.  -TinyThumb

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Z640 Raid 1 Setup

Hi Captain_WD, Just got it to work, it ended up being firmware issue. Reflashing the BIOS fixed the issue and now I'm able to select my drive when choosing RAID1 (MIRROR) as my Raid Array. Thanks, again for the response. -TinyThumb..... 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z640-Raid-1-Setup/td-p/5566808
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello there I am on the tail end of building my system It has been quite and experience so far After an already successful first build the computer is OC at ghz stable but then I felt the urge to upgrade my sole TB hard drive MB Cache mbs into a RAID configuration using brand new WD TB hard drive MB Cache mbs which my Asus supports I am assuming that this will seriously improve speed and performance After hell trying to figure out the RAID setup in BIOS and a clean install of Windows bit I finally got it to work The computer is now operational But there is only concern I have I can't tell any MAJOR improvement A slight improvement in speed when I change windows and programs is notice In addition the transfer rate when I moved files to the new RAID was quicker at around MBS test RAID-0 setup How I ?? Do my Why I am concern is because my Windows system assessment's score for hard disk transfer rate is only at which is low and How Do I test my RAID-0 setup ?? the same as before Everything else is at or higher Also I was hoping the load times of my files the How Do I test my RAID-0 setup ?? thumbnail previews would increase in speed but appears to be the same I am somewhat certain that my RAID setup in BIOS was done correctly The system is seeing one drive with a TB capacity I use my computer to do a lot of hd video editing - Is there a way or to test monitor or tweak my RAID setup for optimum performance - Am I actually getting the best out of RAID and my expectations were just too high - Are there specifically quot one quot type of RAID setup I just want to eliminate the possibility of setting up RAID incorrectly in BIOS Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated AMD watt ATI watt psu M a td EVO gigs of ddr- memory Windows bit home WD TB hard drive mb cache mbs RAID O

A:How Do I test my RAID-0 setup ??

Raid 0 will only give you a marginal increase it performance in that setup.
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/105587-how-do-i-test-my-raid-0-setup.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I m adding a second gb SATA HD to my system so I can run it at RAID The system started with one gb and one gb Both WD Raptors Motherboard is a Gigabyte IK v RAID controller is Intel ICH R setup Problem with RAID onboard I ve already reformatted Problem with RAID setup the existing drive WD Raptor G and installed the second one same as first one in the machine Both are plugged directly onto the MB I went in to the bios and turned on the RAID option there I also set Problem with RAID setup it to boot from CD to load XP When it boots up both drives are detected Problem with RAID setup at channels and Next I hit ctrl-I to set up the RAID volume with the Intel utilty I set up the RAID volume and the utility recognizes the drives and says they are ready to go So now windows starts to go through the install process At the beginning I press F to tell it to load the RAID controller drivers When it asks for the disk for the RAID stuff I insert the disk I created using the utility CD that came with the motherboard Windows recognizes the file and loads it I load an additional SATA driver for an Adapted SATA controller for use with the other SATA drive MB has SATA connections When windows gets to the part where I select the partition to intall on I see three options sizes are approximate one GB partion is available one GB partions is seen but not available this is the RAID partition one GB partion is available So I F to quit and reboot The reboot process gets to the point where the Intel controller loads and it shows that the RAID partition is not available I go back into the utility and it tells me it can fix the problem I tell it OK fix it It seems to The RAID volume shows up as healthy again I go through the Windows install sequence all over again and get the same results It looks like the RAID partition is not making it through the install process but I don t know why I have updated the BIOS I have downloaded and tried to use a current RAID driver from the Gigabyte website There is a problem with the file they offer When I try to run it I get a DOS box popup that says the program is too big to fit in memory Apparently it won t fit onto the floppy like it is supposed to Any suggestions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-raid-setup.370674/
Relevancy 51.6%

nbsp I AM TRYING TO SETUP A RAID MIRROR ON MY NEW MACHINE ENVY DESKTOP - SE CTO nbsp I HAVE SETUP SETUP TO HOW RAID 1 WENT INTO THE BIOS AND CHANGE FORM AHCI TO RAID nbsp I HAVE ADDED THE SECOND HARD DRIVE BOTH DRIVES ARE SEAGATE TB SATA nbsp I HAVE INSTALLED THE IRST INTEL RAPID STORAGE TECHNOLOGY SOFTWARE I DOWN LOADED FROM INTEL WEB SITE VERSION WHERE IS THE CREATE RAID 1 SETUP HOW TO SETUP A VOLUME CHOICE nbsp nbsp nbsp I HAVE INSTALLED A FRESH WINDOWS PRO X AND LOADED THE RAID DRIVER I CAN ADD A MIRROR OF THE C BUT CAN NOT BOOT FROM THE SECOND DRIVE DISK LOOKS LIKE NO BOOT UP INFORMATION IS ON THE DISK WHERE ARE THE OTHER TWO BLUE SECTIONS THAT ARE ON DISK AND NOT ON DISK I WAS THINKING THEY SHOULD BE THE SAME WHEN U CREATE A RAID MIRROR nbsp nbsp nbsp WHY ARE THE VOLUME CHOICES BELOW GRAYED OUT nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I CAN NOT BOOT UP FROM THE SECOND DRIVE DISK WHEN I UNPLUG DISK JUST TO SEE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF DISK HAD A FAILURE nbsp nbsp CAN ANY BODY HELP ME OUT TO UNDERSTAND THIS nbsp

A:RAID 1 SETUP HOW TO SETUP

@Big_Dave? wrote a RAID tutorial on this hardware subject.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/RAID-1-SETUP-HOW-TO-SETUP/td-p/5587859
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey guys...first time here so i'll get to the point. I purchased a LaCie Biggest Quadra 4tb RAID hard drive (currently in RAID 1 mode) and installed it on windows xp home 32bit. I changed my computer to the Vista Home Premium 64bit and need to know how to attach the hard drive to the new computer without deleting my previous data. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/184262-external-raid-drive-setup.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Ok so I just purchased some new parts and I figured I would try a Raid setup this time around Timer help setup raid First on Vista now I ve been reading all over the place about it but I ve read a couple things that are making me wonder so I m leaving these questions open for help Is it better to install Vista x Ultimate OS on a single drive then raid other drives and store everything else on them or should First Timer raid setup help on Vista I just put the OS and everything on drives and call it a day What do I have to do to setup Raid First Timer raid setup help on Vista for both of the above setups as I said before I have never setup raid before and I heard its alot easier now with Vista because you don t have to use crappy floppy drives anymore now I mostly use my computer to game so this is the main reason why I want to setup a raid how much of a performance increase would you say its going to give thanks for any responses in advance nbsp

A:First Timer raid setup help on Vista

n00b said:

3) now I mostly use my computer to game so this is the main reason why I want to setup a raid 0, how much of a performance increase would you say its going to give?Click to expand...

VERY SMALL. So small that the reliability issues it creates should scare you enough to
abandon the effort.

io time = seek + rotational + transfer
where seek ~10x the sum of the other two (ignoring caching hits)​
which says you need 10 drives to avoid the delay from seeks (major improvement)
and at least 5 drives to reduce seek time by 2

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-timer-raid-setup-help-on-vista.100628/
Relevancy 51.17%

I just replaced my MB and processor and I have identical HD s that were mirrored I am planning on reformatting reinstalling Windows XP My MB does support Raid and I used the BIOS to indicate that Setup Not in 1 Recognized RAID WinXP I wanted to use RAID I then was given the option to use the RAID utility where I created a RAID array When I boot to the XP CD it goes through the quot Checking Configuration quot screen for a few minutes and then tells me that there RAID 1 Not Recognized in WinXP Setup is no Hard Drive in the system These drives are connected to the SATA ports and the BIOS had no problem seeing the drives I booted to the XP setup CD again and RAID 1 Not Recognized in WinXP Setup pressed F which is what it said at the bottom of the screen to do to use rd party drivers then pressed quot S quot I have looked on the manufacturer s website and the only thing there is an exe file that is a RAID installation disk There are some drivers on the CD that came with the MB but I can t figure out which ones I need to copy to the floppy since a Floppy is the only RAID 1 Not Recognized in WinXP Setup option I am given nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there I am pulling my hair out and New RAID after What Install Win SETUP- 7 Driver?? hope someone can New Win 7 Install after RAID SETUP- What Driver?? help me I have an ASUS Motherboard M A TD EVO got two new hard drives and changed the BIOS settings to a RAID configuration After exiting BIOS I loaded the WIN bit installation disc got thru the first few prompts of installation and the pop up error menu shows up quot NO New Win 7 Install after RAID SETUP- What Driver?? SIGNED DRIVER FOUND PLEASE INSERT CD DVD FLOPPY bla bla bla New Win 7 Install after RAID SETUP- What Driver?? quot and my RAID configuration does not appear in the box as a hard drive for Windows to be installed into After researching on the web and contacting ASUS I still don't understand From what I can gather it is a driver that will make THE INSTALLATION PROCESS RECOGNIZE MY RAID configuration Apparently it must be downloaded onto a thumbdrive and installed quot during quot the Windows installation Now WHAT DRIVER WHERE WHO WHAT HOW Is it specific to this type of installation or manufacturer specific Asus or Windows A third party Sorry I am so aggravated Please help Thanks

A:New Win 7 Install after RAID SETUP- What Driver??

ASUS Motherboard M4A87TD EVO. look under Utilities.
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards - M4A87TD EVO
RAID - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Good luck with your Raid.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/101609-new-win-7-install-after-raid-setup-what-driver.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi guys,

Just picked up an XFX Revo64 SATA RAID card from eBay in the hope of adding some extra SATA ports to my HTPC to add some extra storage.

Plugged the card in and connected a working HDD to it and nothing happened. Had a look at Device Manager which is finding a "Mass Storage Controller" but cannot seem to set it up properly and cannot find any drivers for it.

Upon doing some Googling it seems that XFX didn't make any actual drivers for this card so I am now a little stumped as to what I can try next. I have tried running a program called SlimDrivers to try and find a driver that way but to no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Many thanks!

Jay

A:Win 8.1 Cannot setup XFX Revo64 RAID Card

What is this computers complete specs, make and model, including motherboard model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-8-1-cannot-setup-xfx-revo64-raid-card.208478/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, I have a dell 730xps, I have 2 separate 500 gig hard drives/operating systems. The first and original
hard drive is a vista 32 bit ultimate, the second is a win 7 pro 64 bit. I no longer use the vista so i was wondering if I can remove the vista 32 operating system by reformatting that hard drive, then go into bios and turn on the sata raid 1 setup so that it will mirror my 64 bit operating system and hard drive, or will it erase both and start over. If there is anything else I have to do please advise. Your help is definately appreciated.

Dell 730 XPS Water cooled
QX9650 Extreme chip OC'd to 3.66
8 gigs corsair dominator ram under clocked for stability to 1066 mhz 1.7 v
^ [eliminated random freeze ups in WIN 7] ^
2 - GTX 280 BFG Tech video cards in SLI
Sound Blaster Titanium PCI sound card

A:Making a Sata Raid 1 setup

any help here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/making-a-sata-raid-1-setup.958697/
Relevancy 51.17%

How do you setup the Raid throug BIOS when you have a 1tb harddrive and internal 24G SSD drive using Intel Smart technology?  I cant load Windows 8 keeps failing and cant detect the 1tb drive.  Everytime I use the recovery USB from HP it goies through the whole process and reboots to drive EF0 error and doesnt load windows.  I did the harddrive test and it came back with no errors

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-to-Setup-the-Raid-on-Envy-15-through-BIOS/td-p/5809741
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I m currently running a single PC that handles my small retail store operations and I m feeling vulnerable to a possible hard drive crash that would put a halt to my business for a day or three while I get a replacement Question about RAID HD Mirror setup and restore all data I believe the best solution would be to run a dual mirror drive so I could seamlessly switch over if one drive failed without missing a beat Am I correct that this would be the best solution to address my concerns Next the PC I m currently running is a HP Question about Mirror HD RAID setup rp and I m told that this model does not support a RAID configuration that would allow me to add a mirrored hard drive I m being told I need to buy a new PC with a dual drive RAID configuration which will cost me between - Is this true that my current computer can t be configured to run a dual drive and are there any less expensive work-a-rounds anyone Question about Mirror HD RAID setup can suggest Thanks nbsp

A:Question about Mirror HD RAID setup

Mirror raid would definitley be useful. Bear in mind that it only helps against drive failure, not against viruses etc. I assume you woul dalso back up to an external on a daily/weekly basis, in case ofcatastrophic failure.

as far as setting RAID up goes, not sure exactly on your specs, but you should br able to get a raid card- think they run around 20-40 dollars, but not sure. Certainly not too much. It plugs into an expansion port and allows you to plug drives into it, exactly as if it was going to the mobo. The card then allows raid, although it will need rivers- al supplied and not a problem.

If you go that way, and dont feel confident, probably worth considering getting someone to do it for you. That way at least you know it will be done correctly and give you what you need.

Checled your spec, and seems you have free pci slots. Suggest that one of these

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...r=BESTMATCH&Description=PCI+raid+card&x=0&y=0

Would probably be suitable, but check first.

Hope its useful

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-mirror-hd-raid-setup.976125/
Relevancy 51.17%

Just got a new P55A-UD6 and two SATA3 6GB/s drives and would like to do a fresh RAID O and OS installation. Sure I will connect the two drives to SATA connectors "GSATA_6" and "GSATA_7" which are controlled by Marvell chip (for SATA3 6GB/s). Then I go to the BIOS / Integrated Peripherals / GSATA 6_7 Controller and make it "Enabled". Then to GSATA 6_7 Ctrl Mode.

Now the question is: in GSATA 6_7 Ctrl Mode, which option should I choose for RAID O setup? It only has "IDE" and "AHCI" but NO "RAID" option???

To cut the long story short, how do I enable the RAID funtion on Marvell 9128 chip?

A:RAID O setup on Gigabyte P55A-UD6

Gigabyte's manual should cover RAID setup. I've owned a few gigabyte boards, and they always cover RAID setups quite well.

The other possibility is that RAID might not be enabled for that 2 SATA ports. Not all SATA ports are covered by the NB, which is why they usually have different colours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-o-setup-on-gigabyte-p55a-ud6.146300/
Relevancy 51.17%

I recently purchased Windows Ultimate Full Version and have been trying to set it up on my TB -way AMD SB BIOS RAID array to no avail I've been in contact with Microsoft support -- Today is my third call -- and my case has been elevated past initial phone support to nd level support and then today from initial phone support to nd level support to rd level support and then to th level support and finally to level does it end with Bill Gates when you get to who talked with level but could not RAID BIOS 4-way 8TB nightmare setup resolve my case and I will be getting a call from him Jun The initial problem I had when installing Windows Ultimate -bit was that I could select advanced setup load the driver for the BIOS RAID off of a USB key partition the logical disk and format it but when I selected the partition and clicked quot Next 8TB 4-way BIOS RAID setup nightmare quot I would get an error stating quot Setup was unable to create a new 8TB 4-way BIOS RAID setup nightmare system partition or locate an existing system partition See the setup log files for more Information quot I soon found out by googling that this is an old bug in the Windows installer that has been present since RC and that I needed to remove the USB key immediately after Windows was finished loading the driver That worked and Windows said It 8TB 4-way BIOS RAID setup nightmare may have to create additional partitions and indeed it did create an MB system partition After pressing quot Next quot installation proceeded normally that is until it got to the end of the installation process Now I receive an error stating quot Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation To install Windows restart the installation quot -- infinite loop etc And no my system is not overclocked and neither is my hardware bad nor are my disks bad Also I've been an exclusive Linux user for years and this is my first encounter with Windows I bought Windows to run some games and my previous Linux installation is backed up and if I can get Windows to install then I'll be dual booting Furthermore Linux has no problems whatsoever with my RAID configuration either relating to installation or booting off the array so I know it's not my hardware So I'm completely stuck Any insight would be greatly appreciated jdb

A:8TB 4-way BIOS RAID setup nightmare

Hello jdb2, welcome to Seven Forums!

Windows has issues with RAID.

Have a go at using diskpart to create the Primary partition(s) before the install actually starts, I would suggest you create a 100GB partition to do the install to and that partition can be extended after the install completes.

Have a look at the information starting at Step Two of this tutorial at the link below and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.

SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

DISKPART : At PC Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/172011-8tb-4-way-bios-raid-setup-nightmare.html
Relevancy 51.17%

New Computer. Came with a Seagate 2TB drive. Everything works great. Added a second Seagate 2TB Drive. Windows seee it just fine. Installed Intel RST. Its see both drives and they are exactly the same size. NO option to mirror (RAID 1) them. If I go into the BIOS and change from ACHI -> RAID and reboot, inaccessible boot device and repair does not work. I also never see the Control-I menu to configure the array. What steps do I need to complete my goal of RAID 1. Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/RAID-Setup-after-adding-a-second-2TB-Drive/td-p/5617891
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi every one,
Trying to reinstall XP pro +media centre original disk 2002 version but upgraded to 5 nicely. Moved computer and it kept crashing on start up due to loose Ram. Now I cannot upgrade download patches etc. Well corrupted but no virus. My bios will not find hard drives (sataraid set up). But I can use computer and Office 2007 internet nice and fast . It is not safe to continue using like this but when I attempt to reinstall It says files are missing and eventually it stops. On re boot. I have to change from XP set up on boot to media centre or I get this message.
Stop:0X000007B (0XF78D2524,)xC0000034,0X00000000,0X00000000,) I don?t understand raid but is supposed to be linked to that according to help. Would an OEM of Vista correct this? Any help or suggestions please. I am demented!!!!
Chris

A:XP reinstall setup raid failure

Have you tried booting to the Windows CD, then running a Repair install?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-reinstall-setup-raid-failure.107241/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a probably pretty simple question. My current setup is a 1TB sata drive for my OS. It is running Win 7 Pro. I then have 2 - 3TB drives in a Raid1 (mirror) drive setup. The Raid1 setup is ran through the Win 7 built-in Raid software. I now have to reformat the OS drive and put Win 7 back on. After I do that do I simply go in Disk Management and tell the 2 drives to mirror again? Is it that easy? Thank you in advance.

A:Re-mirroring a raid 1 setup after format.

Since I didn't get an answer I will reply so it might help someone in the future. I went ahead with the reformat and re-installation of Win7. I unplugged all drives internal and external except for the os drive. Reformatted the os drive as you normally would. shut down and plugged everything back in and it automatically recognized the mirror raid with no issues. I assume this went so smoothly due to it being driven by the Win7software raid.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/364053-re-mirroring-raid-1-setup-after-format.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all First of all a list of my system Asus A N-SLI Deluxe mobo Athlon GB Ram x Geil CL MB PC x PNY Verto Geforce GT s in SLI config Hard disks are x Maxtor Diamond Max GB RAID without loss. data Setup Possible? 0 SATA x Maxtor Diamond Max GB SATA The motherboard has SATA connections and RAID SATA connections At the moment I have the GB drive at SATA C windows XP OS boot and GB on SATA connection D used for storage of music etc Is there any way of connecting the drives to the SATA RAID connections to get RAID without losing any data I want to just swap the connections over on the mobo and set up RAID without formating either drive If this is not possible could I back up my GB drive format it and set up RAID keeping the XP installation which would then spread to the drives without having to reinstall XP When I boot up there is an option pops up to setup Setup RAID 0 without data loss. Possible? RAID from the BIOS for a about seconds Any one used this on this mobo I m not worried about redundancy so not an issue Thanks in advance Gregsy nbsp

A:Setup RAID 0 without data loss. Possible?

You want to keep the data on both drives? Plain impossible. The most obvious reason being that your drives have 500GB worth of data when separate, while a RAID0 setup would be 400GB (double the smallest drive).

Whether your second plan works, depends on the kindness of the RAID setup software makers. I seriously doubt it, but in theory it is possible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-raid-0-without-data-loss-possible.50167/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am having troble getting this MB into raid. All the Bios settings are set yet when installing XP Pro it reboots after all files are copied to drvs, right back to the XP cd. I am unable to set up the array by using the TAB key as suggested on the drvr dsk from Epox any help would be appriciated.

A:Epox 5M800P-M/G RAID Setup

What do you mean that it reboots back to the Windows CD? While the CD is in the drive it'll always ask to boot off it if its before the hard drive in the boot sequence. Also make sure that the RAID array is set as a boot device, sometimes you need to set it to RAID or SCSI rather then IDE or SATA.

You could also try updating the drivers for the RAID controller, see if EPOX has a newer driver to make the diskette.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/epox-5m800p-m-g-raid-setup.545990/
Relevancy 51.17%

Well over the weekend my SDD failed on me - its under warranty so I am not concerned about that.
What I am, concerned about however is the fact that i dont want to be reinstalling my system in the case my HDD fails again. - Had too many failures for one man recently!

My system Specs:

Intel I5 3570k
H80i Water Cooler
Cosair GS800 PSU (weak point)
16GB Corsair Extreme
Asus Z77 Sabertooth
3tb Seagate ST3000DM001
DVD R/RW
1GB ATI 5780
Windows 7 Home Premium.

I want to build this system into a RAID 1 array. I realise I will need a new 3tb disk, thats not a problem, I just wont tell the wife!
From the research I have done I will need to do a rebuild on the system from scratch wont I?

Or should I be getting concerned the PSU is rubbish and I need a better one?

A:Setup raid 1 on existing windows 7

How many hard drives have fail in how much time?

You want to perform a RAID 1 configuration on the 3TB or SSD?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/setup-raid-1-on-existing-windows-7-a-738785.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all

I have a system (asus p6t deluxe, i7 processor, 6gb ram, and 1tb seagate barracuda drive) already built and running Windows 7. I upgraded to larger drives on my home server so I have a extra 1TB seagate drive I want to setup in a Raid 0 for better performance. I understand the concept of Raids, but have never setup one before. Do I need to reload the OS to setup the Raid or can I just add the additional drive ? From what I have read online it is just configuration in the bios correct? Any info or guidance you can provide me would be greatly appreciated.