Windows Support Forum

Changing name of registered user of computer

Q: Changing name of registered user of computer

How do I change the registered name of a computer? I changed the computer name, and account user, but I would like to know how to change the registered user name, also (and I think it will change once the registered name is changed) I would like to know how to rename the folder in the C:\Documents and Settings? Right now it says the old name and when I try to rename it says it cant because it is a windows system folder.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Changing name of registered user of computer

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Changing name of registered user of computer

The easy way would be to create a new account with the name you want. Copy all the files to the new account and delete the old account.

Hope This Helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201457/changing-name-of-registered-user-of-computer/
Relevancy 82.13%

I let my sister use my computer for a few months while I was in the process of moving She ended up completely reinstalling Windows for absolutely no reason Besides losing all of my data the real annoyance is that now that I have it back the registered user name is hers AND it s not even spelled correctly I use Windows User Registered Name Completely Changing XP Home edition fully updated SP and everything I have already used regedit to change HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion RegisteredOwner This did of course successfully change it back to my name on the System Properties and things of that nature however as the website I used to get instructions on how to edit the registry states Note This will only change the registered user information for Windows not for the applications on your system Therefore when I do anything on the computer at all I still see her misspelled name everywhere such as quot C Documents and Settings Melisa Desktop quot So my question is how do I further change it Completely Changing Registered User Name so that Completely Changing Registered User Name quot Melisa quot is not anywhere on the computer and it accurately shows my own name Please tell me I Completely Changing Registered User Name don t have to reinstall Windows just for that I realize it s not a major issue I m just very much OCD about organizing my computer and keeping my system in order When I share files with friends or anything like that I really hate seeing that there It s purely a quot cosmetic quot annoyance but I d like to change it if possible Someone told me that it was possible but that it would make all the programs in the computer stop working If it s not possible to correct it I can live with it of course I have too much information here to re-install windows for such a silly issue It would just be nice to have it changed Thank you NOT Melisa

A:Completely Changing Registered User Name

You could try creating a new User Account with your name and then delete the old User Account.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/298401/completely-changing-registered-user-name/
Relevancy 69.66%

I want to sell my computer, desktop XP SP2 but I want to change the name as registered user to my friend. How do I do that or can it be done without re-installing windows?

I called Microsoft and they want $45 to do it?

Any suggestions?

Daniel...........Toronto

Relevancy 61.92%

the guy who made my computer though it would be funny if he made the registered to name "Hello Kitty" and I was wondering if there was a way to change this to something else I would really appreciate the help. thanks guys .

A:Changing my registered to name?

Open a command window (Start > Run > type: cmd and hit Enter). Type the following command, except substitute the name you want to use between the second set of quotes:
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" /v RegisteredOwner /t REG_SZ /d "your name" /f

This edits the registry without you having to use regedit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-my-registered-to-name.602522/
Relevancy 61.92%

Does anybody know how to change the "Registered To" name that comes up whenever you click properties under my computer? I need to change who it is registered to but im not exactly sure how to go about doing that

Thanks!

A:Changing Registered To Name?

The values are contained in this key in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

If you're not comfortable with editing the registry, I'd suggest waiting for another member to suggest another way to do this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/87341/changing-registered-to-name/
Relevancy 61.06%

My computer is registered in my name but when I click my computer>c:.>Documents and settings I have the two folders: The first is the all users folders and the second one has the name I used when I installed XP . I would like to change the name on that second folder. I cant just right lick on it to rename it because it is a windows system folder and cant be renamed. I think it was the part during the install that asks you who will be using the computer. Changing the name in user accounts doesnt change it either. Just wondering if anyone knows how to change the name of the second folder to my own name?

A:Solved: Changing Registered Name in xp

You cannot change the name of that folder once the account is set up, this is by design.

You would have to create another user account and name it what you want.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-changing-registered-name-in-xp.889529/
Relevancy 61.06%

Can anyone tell me IF Solved: Registered Name Changing or How Solved: Changing Registered Name I can change a name on the computer To explain I have a Dell computer that used to be my Aunts She gave Solved: Changing Registered Name me the computer because she wants a laptop When she purchased it she used her full name to register the copy of Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition This computer came with disc s Some Solved: Changing Registered Name already installed It had Microsoft Works Suite I have uninstalled almost all of the programs including Microsoft Word Works and such I purchased a while ago a Microsoft Works which I wanted to install On doing so and opening the program it said Welcome - - - - - her name Her name just keeps showing up on things even new games installed Is there any way to change it remove it delete it or do anything with it I found her file and tried to change the name but it would not allow me to I know I can probably somehow create another user but I ve already loaded the computer with things that I wanted the way it is Would I have to delete everything and then install under a different User so that her name won t keep appearing It s really beginning to get to me Thank you for your help nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

I am building a computer for my sister from spare parts, and I am also giving her my copy of Office 2000. When the O2k splash screen pops up, it gives my name. I tried uninstalling and then installing it and putting her name, but my name still shows up. I searched the registry for my last name hoping to find an entry for that particular thing, but I didn't.

I don't want to format either.

------------------
NormanSmiley
My Programming Page
Get Paid to Surf the Net (New Pay2Surf Site!)

Relevancy 59.34%

okay...i need help changing my computer's system/username..have gone online and searched for the answer and did what i was told to do already...going to properties etc..it seemed to do the trick..i saw teh new name i added.and restarted my comp..but whenever i click on my system info..i still see the old name...what can i do to finally get the system/username of my comp changed??...frustrated as heck..lol

A:need help changing computer user/system name

The best way is to create a new user profile with the username you want, copy over the profile folders and test it out, if it works, then delete the old user profile if no longer needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-changing-computer-user-system-name.1032099/
Relevancy 58.91%

What is the registered user ID for It appears to be hard to change as well as the product ID I used Winhacker to change it Seems to be solely used to register your PC when you buy it I had changed the registered user ID as well as the C drive to my name because if the PC is stolen I could prove it s mine I would like to know if when you visit a site that has cookies the server stores logs your PC s registered user ID or if it s only stored on your PC However in the cookies folder all cookies are named my email protected Also is it possible for the site s admin to know who visited by using the registered user ID even if it s changed to JohnDoe or by using the IP address I guess the IP address cannot be changed no matter what thus you will always be tracked nbsp

A:registered user ID

The IP address always leads right to you at all times. Generally, the user ID would not be transmitted to web sites, but the Windows product key and activation code are often checked by Microsoft. Also, the media player can transmit a unique player ID that is used by only your machine.

What is the concern?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/registered-user-id.710291/
Relevancy 58.05%

I just renamed my PC and would like to rename the default user folder to match the name.  Is there an easy way to do so?  There is no option to rename the folder.  Please advise.  This is causing conflicts with my printing/scanning
ability through our network.
Thanks.

A:How to rename a default user directory after changing computer name?

Hi,

You can change your user name, but it is hard to change the user profile folder name. If you want to change it indeed, I suggest you could create a new user profile
to match your computer name.

Alex Zhao
Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dbf6dff3-a706-4047-8dbf-58b879a9af0b/how-to-rename-a-default-user-directory-after-changing-computer-name?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a small network of a few computers that are all running Windows XP Pro and they are all changing Can't after to account computer workgroup connect user assigned to the same LAN workgroup I have File and Print Sharing enabled and Simple File Sharing disabled on all of them The first time that I ever connected to any of the workgroup computers via Start-- gt My Network Places-- gt Entire Network-- gt Microsoft Windows Network-- gt lt workgroup name gt I was asked for a login name and password for the remote computer I entered these and checked the checkbox Can't connect to workgroup computer after changing user account to save Can't connect to workgroup computer after changing user account this login info From that point on I am able to connect at will to that remote computer without entering any credentials The problem is that yesterday I disabled the Windows user account on the remote computer whose credentials have been saved for security reasons because I no longer use it it has been replaced by another user account Now any time I try to connect to that computer using the above path I get the following message quot Computer is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permisions Logon failure account currently disabled quot I encounter similar problems anytime I change the user account password for a remote computer The problem is apparently that because the login credentials are being saved permanently and I am not being asked for new login credentials after disabling the remote account If I go back into the remote computer and re-enable the disabled user account the problem disappears Is there a way to get the local computer to quot forget quot the remotely-accessed login credentials for a disabled account or an account whose password has changed such that it will ask me for new credentials next time I try to connect Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-workgroup-computer-after-changing-user-account.843708/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all.

I have just bought my wife a new laptop and she wants to give her old, serviceable laptop to our son.

Rather than show her name on logon or add another user, l want to change the registered owner in system settings, add my son as an administrator user and delete my wife as a user.

However after adding my son as a user l cannot delete my wife's user profile, does not delete it.
Any ideas please? Windows XP Home service pack 2

Many thanks

A:Change registered user

Hi .Take a look, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279783See the line about not being able to delete a user who is logged on, that may apply.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/175282/change-registered-user/
Relevancy 58.05%

Ok, I've read the threads on how to change who my puter is registered to by going into regedit, blah blah blah. Now, how do I change the "Documents and Settings" folder name when I search for the old registered name?

That may be confusing, here's an example:

-My puter was registered to "X and Y"
-I changed registered user to "X" by going into regedit
-When I search for "X and Y" on my puter, the "Documents and Settings folder" comes up and still shows "X and Y" as its name and I cannot change the name of that folder. How do I change the name of this folder?

Thanks,
PS

A:registered user change

Log on to the computer as an administrator.
Create a new folder.
Open the current "Documents and Settings" folder.
On the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
Under Advanced settings click Show hidden files and folders, and then click to clear the Hide file extensions for known file types and Hide protected operating system files check boxes.
Click OK.
Click and drag to copy all the folders to the new folder, except for the currently logged on users folder.
In Control Panel, double-click System, and then click the User Profiles tab.
Copy the current user's profile to the new folder.
Click OK, close Control Panel, and then log off and log on to the computer as an administrator again.
In Registry Editor, click Find on the Edit menu.
Type documents and settings, and then click Find.
Replace the value data or rename the value or registry key to the new path for each and every registry key and value that contains the original path.

NOTE: You must complete this change for every instance in the registry or your computer may not start. It is imperative that you update all registry keys and values with the new path.

Restart the computer.
You can now safely remove the original "Documents and Settings" folder.

To be fair, It would probably be easier just to create a new user, and move any files and folders that you want to the new folder, and then delete the old user!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/registered-user-change.349432/
Relevancy 58.05%

Purchased new computer, gave other computer to sister which had original Win98/Win98SE on it, she upgraded to WinXP, registered under her name; however, computer retained MY name, and everything we've tried to eliminate ownership of computer from my name to hers has not worked. Does anyone know how to do this? Tried: logoff, user, system properties changing, etc. If it is a registry change, please indicate step-by-step because the registry makes me nervous! Thanks for whatever help you can offer.

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello. I'm looking for a way to modify the Registered Username in XP. My guess is that it's probably not the most simple of tasks, but it can be done-- and maybe it even is fairly simple anyway.

I know there are some nice utilities out there for viewing the info, and even some for changing the Windows XP Key itself , but I merely want to change the OS: Reg User (and Reg "company", if possible too), which seems to be part of the info which is changed w/ a Key Changer, but any that i've come across don't offer to change that bit of data.

anyone know what i could change manually w/ regedit, or know of a utility that i'm missing while googling? thanks!

A:OS: Registered User | OS: Reg's Summary

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_change_owner.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/os-registered-user-os-regs-summary.414517/
Relevancy 57.62%

I went to switch my laptop on, and it loaded etc, and then got the the screen where i have to log in, and i did that and then a panel came up saying it couldnt log me in, and that my account is not a registered format. So i just switched it off again thinking it was having a funny 5 mins, but no it did it again, and once it comes up with this message it logs me into a 'default' account, and all of my stuff was gone!
I went onto the C drive, and then it said Hannah's documents, and so i clicked and there was all my stuff! I have no idea why it has done this, turned it off as normal last night, it's been completly off all night, turn it on this morning and then this

Does anyone know how to get my account back? thank you

A:user account is not registered format

The first thing I would try is a system restore.
Start > Run > %SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Really hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-is-not-registered-format.729321/
Relevancy 57.62%

is there a way to change who a computer is registered too?

i am going to be giving a laptop i have to someone else as i am getting a new one.

but in the system properties it still shows as registered to me.

is there a windows command to change it or do you have to reinstall the system with the cds from the manufacturer?

thanks in advance

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi, I have made a bootable ISO file for XP with other applications for myself.

However is there any way I can edit the registered user information somewhere in the ISO before the software is burned to DVD and ran on pc.

I know that you can run regedit when the software has been loaded and edit the MicrosoftWindowsNTCurrentversionRegistered user.

I need to know if it is possible to change at ISO stage.

Thanks in advance

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/25191/how-do-change-registered-user-info-for-xp-on-a-iso-file/
Relevancy 56.33%

Good Morning and a happy new year helpful people - not user profile registered correctly created Newly Yesterday Newly created user profile not registered correctly I ran into a weird Newly created user profile not registered correctly and apparently unique problem The actual problem is described below the bold text everything before that is just introduction I wanted to create a user account on my netbook for my girlfriend She has a MacBook so to get some actual work Newly created user profile not registered correctly done I created a new user for her on my Desktop PC and so she would be able to work on the train or whatever I wanted to set up Live Mesh between her user profile on my Desktop and a user profile on my netbook On the desktop everything went fine I created a new user account with her name registered a windows live account for her mail address logged her on set up Live Mesh for her and let her work Then I wanted to do the same on my netbook Since I use Live Mesh myself for the same reasons I wanted to set it up for her I wanted to create the same user account on my netbook as well That was where the trouble started I created the new profile and rebooted just in case When I tried to log in I got an error message saying that the user profile service failed to log on and that the profile won't be able to sign on either THen I logged onto my own account which worked fine and tried to run a program under her account using quot Run As quot That didn't work either the system reported a profile error I tried finding a solution online but all I could find said I should delete the profile from the registry's Profile List as the SID might not have been deleted When I looked there there was no entry or this profile nothing at all I suspect that for some reason windows didn't properly save the account upon creation and for that reason was unable to log it on I retried everything again with all security disabled and properly logged on as administrator with the same result Does anyone have any suggestions I basically need just one more user account so a manual account creation process would be fine too

A:Newly created user profile not registered correctly

You could delete the new corrupted created profile before creating any new account.

Here some links to tutorial forums:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/?filter[2]=User%20Accounts

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/134772-newly-created-user-profile-not-registered-correctly.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi Guys One of our staff to User Solved: Account - User Deleted Guest - File Type Changing PC has a problem the scenarios Specs Alias Names -Company Name Contoso -Staff PC under Domain Alpha -PC Name Contoso -PC -Local Users are administrators and john Solved: Changing User Account Type - User to Guest - File Deleted -User profiles gt operations contoso domain gt john local gt administrator local -MS Outlook connected to email protected Thursday IT remove uninstall chat messengers blocked linkedin facebook twitter youtube change User Account Type Local Staff John Doe from User to Guest I change the type from User Accounts gt Properties gt Group Membership gt Others gt Guest shutdown the system Friday turn on the PC and staff asks for the correct username provides the username Contoso -PC john staff login to his local account using his password Saturday staff called and his desktop files are gone and document files are gone IT check the Users folder there are particular folders john and john contoso -pc both folders empty outlook not connected account is totally FRESh IT check on webmail under Domain Alpha not working the usual password webmail contoso com owa after an hour the usual password works IT tried to connect MS outlook using email protected not working saying quot outlook pst is not offline file quot PROBLEM files are gone Totally FRESh account I don t know what happen guys please help the FIles are gone Hoping your best solution THanks nbsp

A:Solved: Changing User Account Type - User to Guest - File Deleted

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-changing-user-account-type-user-to-guest-file-deleted.1102921/
Relevancy 54.18%

I changed the values in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList in order to move the default user locations to my second partition. I then created a new user profile but when I try to login I get the message 'The User Profile Service failed the login'. When I set these values back to normal, new accounts work fine but I really want my user accounts on the second partition.
What can I do about this?

A:'User Profile Service failed' when changing default user location

I have done this on another computer with success - perhaps I am missing a step out?
The string values (apart from programdata) were changed to E:\..... instead of %systemdrive%\.....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-service-failed-when-changing-default-user-location.992872/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all We are having a real issue with local profiles user profile service on our domain Our staff accounts are using local profiles When a staff member changes their password something is happening to their profiles on the machines that their local profile is stored When they try to login the machine is getting stuck at quot Please wait for the user profile service quot It never continues we have left for mins or more and profiles, hanging issue service Big profile and user user's changing :( password local with it doesn't continue We are currently having to use delprof to remove their profiles from ALL machines they have previously logged into which is a lot of hassle nbsp We first noticed this issue when we upgraded our workstations from windows to windows nbsp I was hoping that upgrading to windows would fix the issue but sadly it doesn't This is causing us major hassle on our domain It only affects people with Big issue with user's local profiles, changing password and hanging user profile service :( local profiles our students use mandatory profiles and they are not affected Our DCs are R nbsp I have trawled google but cannot find any information on this At our yearly microsoft meeting i asked our regional account manager and he couldn't believe the issue He had never heard anything like this before From the event log the only thing i can see is that it is not finishing the load of the user profile nbsp Under user profile service events it shows this Event Recieved user logon notification on session Event Registry file C Users USERNAME ntuser dat is loaded at HKU S- - - - - - - Event Logon type Regular nbsp Local profile location C Users USERNAME nbsp Profile type Regular Event Registry file C Users USERNAME AppData Local Microsoft Windows UsrClass dat is loaded at HKU S- - - - - - - Classes Event This is where it get stucks But then it does not show the final step Event should be Finished processing user logon notification on session No other events are logged We hadn't changed any GPOs before the upgrade to windows Any help would be greatly welcome

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1bc82ef5-71cf-438e-b223-d7aa88ea8de4/big-issue-with-users-local-profiles-changing-password-and-hanging-user-profile-service-?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all,
I installed Windows 7 and ended up with a default user (AxeL) with Administrative privileges.

Now I enabled the default Administrator account and lowered the privileges of my user AxeL (see Accounts.png).
If I open the User Profiles Pane in Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings the size of the user account is unknown (see Profiles.png).

If I switch back the user Axel to Administrators everything works and I can see the right size in the User Profiles Pane.

Does anyone have a clue on this?
I've tried also Vista and 8 and they all seems affected.

Thanks

A:Changing user type to Standard User invalide size

Elevate Axel to Admin account, hide the Built In Admin account: Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable - Windows 7 Forums

This is the best way to set it up, the reason a new install is issued Admin account. In five years since Win7 beta I've never seen a reason why not, except for one or two of the most incompetent users imaginable. But who is going to be their Admin for them? Having a separate account just makes your right hand ask your left hand if it can act.

Malware is adequately restricted by UAL set to a high setting and your AV. For chronic infection, adding Malwarebytes Real Time protection has IME never had a recurrence of infection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/330929-changing-user-type-standard-user-invalide-size.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys.

Windows 8 screwed up my old user account so I had to transfer to a new one. Unfortunately that new one was named after my email address for some reason as I logged on as a microsoft account rather than a local one. Hence in my computer its called users/email_000

This is very annoying.

I've read tutorials on this from other versions of windows ie. here : User Profile Folder - Change User Account Folder Name - Windows 7 Forums

However it doesn't work for Windows 8. When I try one of the earliest steps (renaming the user folder itself) I cant do it as its 'open in another program' even though that User is not logged on.

Any workarounds? Ive created another admin local user, to no avail.

Thanks for your help!

A:CHANGING User Account Folder names as well as User Name

Hello Chookyman, and welcome to Eight Forums.

The best method to do this is to create a new user account with the name you want, make it an administrator account type or leave as a standard user, sign out, sign in to the new account, then delete the old account.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/11333-changing-user-account-folder-names-well-user-name.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey All i got a pretty serious problem i just got done reformating tonight and i goto get service pack 2 and i install it it says restart when its doen so i do and i get You receive a "Stop: c0000135" and "winsrv was not found" error message everytime i try to boot up ive tried last known good config and safe mode all of them come up with the same message the only thing i havent tried is chkdsk but i dont think that will do anything if anyone knows anything some help would be great i just got all my stuff installed too so this really sucks :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

A:Registered User Join Date: May 2006 Posts: 10 OS: xp Stop: c0000135" and "winsrv was not found

"Stop: c0000135" and "winsrv was not found" error message

Hope this helps!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/registered-user-join-date-may-2006-posts-10-os-xp-stop-c0000135-and-winsrv-was-not-found.479656/
Relevancy 49.88%

Is there a way to easily change the "registered name" of a computer? Also trying to apply this to system folders also.

A:Registered computer name

There are two ways to do this in Windows XP. One involves editing the registry, the other is a format and reinstall of the operating system itsself. I strongly advise against editing your registry as I've found that it usually causes more problems than it fixes, and in extreme cases it can and will cause your computer to crash and become inoperable. That said I am providing a link that will explain in detail how to accomplish this task. But I want you to read it through entirely before proceeding and consider it carefully before you do it. I hope it helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310441

Let me know if I can be of further assistance. If this resolves the issue please mark this thread solved by using the thread tools feature located at the top of this thread.

Reguards
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/registered-computer-name-506017.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My Mom bought a computer at an estate sale. (Very nice HP A220N) She would like to have it registered in her name. Is there a way to change who it is registered to?

Relevancy 49.45%

Someone had my computer before me, and although it isn't that important it aggravates me that his name still shows up sometimes like when things are listed under Documents and Settings/Billy/etc.
Is there any way to change this to my own name? When u try to just rename the folder it doesn't let you.
Thanks

Relevancy 49.45%

If I change my Computer Registered name would it present any problems?

A:Registered Computer Owner

Changing the registered owner only affects the operating system. It does not change the registered owners of any application installed on the computer. So I donít see any adverse affects coming from this change.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/registered-computer-owner.295269/
Relevancy 49.02%

In most of my applications, it can bring up the name of my computer, I just installed MS Publisher and it brings up my company name which is great but the word "Mountain" is abbreviated and I want it to read Mountain. I go in to control panel, system and it shows it there as being Mtn...is there any way to change that?

Relevancy 49.02%

Why does it say registered: Not to you, no longer? Does this mean someone hacked into my account or something? No strange activity has been going on. Do u think that maybe a program i installed just told it to change the registry info or something? Please help because i am very scared.

A:Registered name changed!!! Really odd... Is my computer hacked? Please HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/registered-name-changed-really-odd-is-my-computer-hacked-please-help.168675/
Relevancy 49.02%

so the thing is that there are a few .dll files which have been registered to my computer and I am pretty much sure they are virus because they are not stock dll so now I would like to know that if I uninstall my windows like I have 3 drives I would first install windows in another disk and then format the disk containing the malware containing windows will it unregister the dll and will it remove the malware because i am scared that this is the reason my Instagram was hacked so please guide me.Edit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:My computer has various malwares registered on my registry

Hi polar If you're worried that your system is infected, I can take a look. Follow the instructions below please.MiniToolBoxDownload MiniToolBox and move the file to your Desktop;Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);Check the following options:Flush DNS;Report IE Proxy Settings;Reset IE Proxy Settings;Report FF Proxy Settings;Reset FF Proxy Settings;List content of Hosts;List IP Configuration;List Winsock Entries;List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;List Installed Programs;List Devices - Only Problems;List Users, Partitions and Memory size;Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;Autoruns - Start-up EntriesFollow the instructions below to give me an Autoruns log containing your start-up entries:Download Autoruns.zip from the Sysinternals Suite webpage;Extract the content of the Autoruns.zip folder where you want, then go in the folder, right-click on Autoruns.exe and select Run as Administrator;Accept the EULA on opening, then wait for all the entries to load;Click on File then Save and save the file to a location easily accessible as a .arn (Autoruns) file;Upload the file on Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive or SendSpace (doesn't require an account) and post the download URL for it here;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617439/my-computer-has-various-malwares-registered-on-my-registry/
Relevancy 48.59%

I would really love to show you how it look like but I don't know how. How could this happen? My registered name is totally changed in MY COMPUTER properties. Is this caused by some kind of hacking or a virus/spyware? Although I may have the solution but I also need to know how the hell this could happen......help!!! Thanks in advance....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-registered-name-was-changed-i-just-noticed-this-like-a-moment-ago.629403/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hiya people,

Easy question, how do i change the registration details for my computer... The guy i bought my PC from put in the wrong name and i want to change it...
^_^

Matt.

Relevancy 48.59%

HELP!!

My PC has recently had Windows XP Professional installed. I have just installed iTunes and now my iPod Classic is unable to sync with iTunes. It comes up with the message "ipod is registered to another computer and it cannot authorise it".

I want to be able to put all my music and playlists back onto iTunes, but am worried about losing the playlists amd music.

Please help!!

A:Itunes says: ipod is registered to another computer and it cannot authorise it

something to sift through:
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/copying-music-from-ipod-to-computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-says-ipod-is-registered-to-another-computer-and-it-cannot-authorise-it.891792/
Relevancy 47.73%

I had a problem with the Joe Hill virus last year. I just went into properties of my computer and Joe Hill is listed as the registered to: person. I also can't find out what name is my admistrator. I can't get into documents and settings.

A:Solved: Joe Hill is the registered owner of my computer how do I change it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-joe-hill-is-the-registered-owner-of-my-computer-how-do-i-change-it.752399/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am trying to figure out how to rename who the computer is registered without having to format the harddrive and reinstalling windows xp. I can't seem to find the correct file in regedit to do so. Can anyone help please! Thanks

A:Renaming who the computer is registered to. Without formatting the hard drive.

You can change the name of the registered owner by going through this procedure:"

First, press START, then type or click on RUN and enter.

So far so good. Now type REGEDIT in the RUN box. then pess the Home key or you can choose My Computer from the REGEDIT menu by clicking on it with your mouse.

Now press F3 and type RegOwner in the search box. Wait for the search to find the key. This can take a while depending on the size of the registry and or speed of the system. When it finally comes up, right click and select MODIFY.
Now you can type in the Changes in Owner information. You can also change Company name from the section located above RegOwner if that is needed.
Now, with any luck at all, you can close regedit and reboot, after which, voila, you should find the changes you have made when you click on System in the Control panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/renaming-who-the-computer-is-registered-to-without-formatting-the-hard-drive.75987/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all I am starting a new topic and overall not computer in registered OTL slowdown Sudden Class EOleSysError as instructed here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t otl-throwing-eolesyserror-message-class-not-registered A few months ago my computer suddenly slowed down significantly for no apparent reason Also my WLAN began having trouble initializing Every morning I had to restart the computer as well as the router ZyXEL P- HNU-F to get the connection back This workaround took about minutes to complete in addition to the first startup minutes altogether I therefore decided searching Google for an answer assuming this might be Sudden overall computer slowdown and EOleSysError Class not registered in OTL spyware-related Quickly I found your forum site and started reading about the subject of spyware and how to remove it Subsequently I have disinfected my computer by running most of the anti-spyware tools hosted on this site I have run several scans and performed research as necessary on the web The total number of threats eliminated is - Afterwards luckily my WLAN is now both stable and error-free But the computer continues to run slowly minutes on startup and overall For example creating a system restore point takes seconds Starting Firefox takes seconds It is like as if something is hindering the computer speed which is frustrating especially in the long run And sometimes my mouse pointer does not move smoothly across the screen likewise some icons in SysTray are missing on startup I will be happy to run any anti-spyware tools and post their respective logs as well But regarding the topic title when trying to run OTL by OldTimer I unfortunately receive the same error message every time Application Error - Exception EOleSysError in module OTL exe at A - Class not registered In order to try to fix this on my own I have already tried downloading the program with a modified name from alternate mirror running the program from Safe Mode running the program from a VisualBasic Script downloaded several Delphi Run-time environment files and running OTH RKill Doug Knox' EXE-Fix FixExec Farbar GrantPerms and GiveMePower but to no avail I suspect the culprit of all this could be restrictions and policies imposed by spyware A search with SystemLook shows sections of the registry containing Restrictions and countless sections containing Policies I will post these logs on request Could you please advice on this Any suggestions are appreciated Below is a DDS log and an Attach log is zipped Thank you very much in advance Regards midimusicman DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Torbjoern Martin at on - - Option Extended Search is enabled Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV ESET Smart Security Disabled Updated E E D - - F - FB -D ACA F C FW ESET Personal Firewall Disabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system msdtc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security ekrn exe C WINDOWS system taskswitch exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe C Program Files Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX CNMNSST exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Trend Micro TrendSecure RemoteFileLock FLMain exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C WINDO... Read more

A:Sudden overall computer slowdown and EOleSysError Class not registered in OTL

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548541/sudden-overall-computer-slowdown-and-eolesyserror-class-not-registered-in-otl/
Relevancy 47.3%

Dell Inspiron 15R, Windows 8, i7 processor, etc. etc.

I seem to have made a typo the very first time I used this computer, back in October.  In File Explorer, under Windows (C:) is a folder called "Users".  In that folder are two subfolders, one called "Public" and the other called "Jphn" - because I apparently hit the "p" instead of the "o" and because of bad lighting or eye fatigue did not notice it in time.

So of course any time any piece of software has to identify or record the user, it records "Jphn".  Question arising: is there any way to change that, or is it graven in stone for the life of this computer?  My name is really "John" and not "Jphn" <G>.

Thanks for any enlightenment!

A:Changing user name?

I don't think that's the correct way to change your account name.  To change your account name:
Press the Windows key and X together or point to the bottom left corner of the screen and right-click.
In the menu that comes up click on Control Panel.
In the Control Panel, navigate to User Accounts and Family Safety-->User Accounts.
Click on Change your account name.
You will have to provide Administrator permission if you are not logged on as one.
Enter the name you want on the next screen and click the Change name box.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537074/changing-user-name/
Relevancy 47.3%

When i was creating a new account, i decided to name the new account 'Test'. Later on i renamed it to my name. The problem i have isn't a big problem but just a little annoying. It's still originally called 'Test' on the computer, for example, when my i'm entering my screensaver password, the user name will be displayed as 'Test'. Is there any way of actually changing it?

A:Changing User Name?

The easiest way I've found is just to make a new user account, move over any documents you want and then delete the old account.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/changing-user-name-305058.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm setting up the first Win7 computer on our XP network. One problem remains. I need to access a printer on the server (Windows Server 2003) with a Net Use batch file to print from a legacy DOS app (I know...). I keep getting 'access denied'. Typing NET USER at a command prompt shows that this ONE guy has a two word user name (Joe Smith). Everyone else is just Mary or Tom. I can't make two names work in the batch file. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

A:Changing 'Net User' name

right click on the command prompt in the start menu, and click "run as administrator"
then type in your net commands.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/97024-changing-net-user-name.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Vista is new to me When I set this pc up I named the PC quot MomPC quot and somewhere in the set up as the admin I named me as the user admin quot Dad quot It is my wife's PC so I decided to add a user name for her i e quot Sue quot and then change my name to a name quot Mike help name user changing quot The problem is that while in help changing user name the startup screen it gives a choice of Lisa or Dwight when under the folders quot USERS quot it shows three folers Sue Dad and Public I can not figure out how to change that folder When going help changing user name to this PC in a network it says MomPC Dad under users instead of my name When just looking in the quot explorer quot menu under User folder it is also quot Dad quot My name is at the top folder but when you click on it in contacts it takes you to Dad Can someone tell me how to rename restart the main folder for user so that the PC will say quot MomPC quot as the name as it does today but the adminstrative user will say quot Mike quot for example Today I have changed it in the properties Thanks

A:help changing user name

I encountered similar problems during several Vista client calls during 2007. My experience is that you will not be able to change the folder names that contain the old user account name within your existing system. You must reformat the hard drive and reinstall Vista ? and start clean. I have found that during the initial Vista installation there are hundreds, if not thousands of folders and files, registry keys, data, and indexes that either contain the original user name or is associated with an assigned code (SID) and then protected by Vista?s User Access Control (UAC) feature. The SID is then used for folder/file ?permissions? (what you have access to and do not). Vista may allow you to change the user account name, but any file names containing the old name will remain.

The PC name and description can be changed via the Control Panel ?
?Computer Description? ? Start >> Control Panel >> Systems and Maintenance >> System >> Change Settings.

?Computer Name? - continue from ?Computer Description? - >> ?To rename this computer, click Change? >> Change. Enter the new name for the PC. Note that you will see the old name from time to time as it is kept in the system?s registry.

In addition, I would advise that you be careful when renaming user accounts and especially prudent should you change the account type (e.g., from Admin to Standard User or vice versa). I have seen a situation where the Administrator is demoted and the Standard User promoted only to have both end up as Standard Users with no Administrator. This will cause you trouble.

Good Luck?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-changing-user-name-210785.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello, how would I go about changing the user name under the task manager? I have accidentally entered an undesired user name while installing Windows 7 and I managed to change the user name on the welcome screen to a desired name. To be in short, the name on the welcome screen is different from the name under the task manager. How do I fix this?

A:Changing The User Name

There is no simple way to do it. You can change the "welcome" name, but the profile doesn't change. If you want both changed, you could use either the "profile copy tool" or Windows Easy Transfer. It would basically mean backing up the existing profile, logging in as "Administrator," deleting the user entirely, recreating the user with the proper name, and restoring the profile into that user name.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/40672-changing-user-name.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello

Is it possible to change network user ID's in NT4?, maybe in a config file or in the registry?
Im doing a bit of spring cleaning here, and it would save me alot of hassle
If not I can just copy the old profile over to the new user I think?, just thought it would be easier if i can just alter the ID .

Relevancy 47.3%

November Something keeps changing the user name of my dial up account Last two days I try to logon and I get a message telling me that my name and password are not valid Sure enough the name has been changed to So I change it back but the next day it is the same thing again with the instead of my name I just ran Adaware Can someone please check my HJT log Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan something keeps user my changing name saved something keeps changing my user name at on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes D WINDOWS System smss exe D WINDOWS system winlogon exe D WINDOWS system services exe D WINDOWS system lsass exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D WINDOWS system spoolsv exe D Program something keeps changing my user name Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe D Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe D PROGRA NetIQ Endpoint endpoint exe D Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE D WINDOWS System nvsvc exe D WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe D WINDOWS Explorer EXE D Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe D Program Files Microsoft Office Office OLFSNT EXE D Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zonealarm exe D Program Files RealVNC vncviewer exe D Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE D WINDOWS Explorer EXE D Documents and Settings Paul Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my iwon com index jsp PG home amp SEC qkclk O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - D PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - D WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - D Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - d windows googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot D Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot D Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run Advanced Tools Check D PROGRA NORTON AdvTools ADVCHK EXE O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot D Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE D WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run WinVNC quot D Program Files RealVNC WinVNC WinVNC exe quot -servicehelper O - Global Startup Symantec Fax Starter Edition Port lnk D Program Files Microsoft Office Office OLFSNT EXE O - Global Startup ZoneAlarm lnk D Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zonealarm exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra context menu item amp Add animation to IncrediMail Style Box - D PROGRA INCRED bin resources WebMenuImg htm O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res D WINDOWS GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward amp Links - res D WINDOWS GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cac amp hed Snapshot of Page - res D WINDOWS GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Si amp milar Pages - res D WINDOWS GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate Page - res D WINDOWS GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans html O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console HKLM O - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http www pcpitstop com pcpitstop PCPitStop CAB O - DPF C E F - B - D - B - Ontrack ASP Web Tools - http askdrtech com ontrack bin nppcfix cab O - DPF BC F - A - D -BEB - AA B AE Symantec AntiVirus scanner - http security symantec com sscv SharedContent vc bin AvSniff cab O - DPF BCB- D A- D -A B- DA DE RdxIE Class - http f c cfb netzip RdxIE cab O - DPF EDAD C- - E -A AB-EB E D - http toolbar google com data GoogleActivate cab O - DPF D -D E - D -BE B- B BDE CamImage Class - http axiscam dll AxisCamControl ocx O - DPF FB -C - D - F- A C F mhLabel Class - http www pcpitstop com mhLbl cab O - DPF F C AA- B- -BA - A BB F Update Class -... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/something-keeps-changing-my-user-name.177788/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello all.

I have a laptop, XP PRO SP2. My user name is Alan, yet I was compiling some java work the other day and instead of saying C->docs+settings->alan
It says C->docs+settings->user.

Its not a major problem, however it would be nice to have it changed.

I do not particularly want to make a new account and transfer things over to it and delete the old one.

Any ideas?

A:Changing User Name

When your account was first setup it had the name of "User" - then, at some point, it was changed to "Alan". Rather than change everything that references the account, Windows sticks with the original file folder name. The only way I know to fix this is:1) Rename the Alan account to something else2) Create a new account named Alan3) Use this link to transfer the stuff from the old profile to the new one: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151I've tried changing the name of an account and then changing the folder name to match it (in my XP VM) and while the change appears to be allowed, it results in a new profile with the new name. The old profile doesn't appear on the login screen either - so I'd recommend not doing this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125345/changing-user-name/
Relevancy 46.87%

i have resolved the problem for http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93345/security-certificate-error/ with the help of Microsoft support officer. But it create a problem (Files required to use Microsoft Update are no longer registered or installed on your computer) when the officer ask to go to window update to update my computer after a in-line update using the window xp sp2 CD.I follow the instruction given by running Winupsecure.bat and WindowsUpdateAgent20-x86.exe which was sent to me by the officer. But it still does not resolve the problem.I did a search on the net and run the following:RepairAutoUpdates.bat,wurtbeta.exe andDial-a-fix-v0.60.0.24 (I can run Dial-a-fix.exe but i could't run secedit.exe)But it still does not solve the problem. So I did a SFC /SCANNOW, but it does not help.I would gladly thank for your help in resolving my problem.

A:Files Required To Use Microsoft Update Are No Longer Registered Or Installed On Your Computer

Have you tried another repair install of Windows (after the problem was fixed)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93489/files-required-to-use-microsoft-update-are-no-longer-registered-or-installed-on-your-computer/
Relevancy 46.87%

I recently changed the name of windows ID from Control Panel -> Users, but only the Start menu reflects that change.

My system folders, Task Manager etc. still shows my old name. Is there a way to completely remove my old name, short of a reformat?

A:Changing Windows User ID

Change the Registered Owner and Organization in the registry - Windows XP

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/owner.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-windows-user-id.508315/
Relevancy 46.87%

I created my username as Wenda, but it was acting like a partial administrator so someone told me to create a new User Account. So I renamed the old one to (which was Wenda) WendaOld.. And created a new one called Wenda. But all the my documents said Wenda_2. I changed the name of some of the documents to be both on the D: drive and be Wenda.. But I know I didn't get them all. I know I still had to manually go to the software and change paths, and some software don't give me an option to change the path.

Then I ran a Belarc Advisor, and it also has me as user Wenda_2. Yet when I go to the user account, I am just Wenda. How can I truely get the _2 off my name?

A:Truely changing the user name

Quote: Originally Posted by moosetracker

I created my username as Wenda, but it was acting like a partial administrator so someone told me to create a new User Account. So I renamed the old one to (which was Wenda) WendaOld.. And created a new one called Wenda. But all the my documents said Wenda_2. I changed the name of some of the documents to be both on the D: drive and be Wenda.. But I know I didn't get them all. I know I still had to manually go to the software and change paths, and some software don't give me an option to change the path.

Then I ran a Belarc Advisor, and it also has me as user Wenda_2. Yet when I go to the user account, I am just Wenda. How can I truely get the _2 off my name?

When you change the user name, the folder name does not change, and cannot be changed without some MAJOR problems, if at all.

What you need to do is log in as "Administrator" and delete the other two accounts. In the process of deleting them, you will be offered the chance to save their files. I believe these will be placed in a folder on the admin desktop. Once this is done, create a new account that will be your permanent one. You will need to log out as administrator and in as the new user so that the profile gets created. Then log out and back in as administrator, copy the files that were saved into the new account's user directory and the next time you log in as the new user, everything should be in place with the proper folder name.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/41243-truely-changing-user-name.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My girlfriend and I purchased a computer last year and she got it set up in her name. Every time I install something it has her name on it. She has now moved on and I would like to remove her from the computer. Is this possible without having to go through the set up process again? Please advise on the steps to take. It is a Dell computer with bundled software. Thanks for any help.

A:Changing user names

See if this is what you are looking for.

CHANGING THE LICENSED OWNERS NAME IN YOUR COMPUTER

Let's say you inherit a computer from someone else and it has their name and/or organization listed as the licensed owner in Windows and now, it's yours, so you want to change this. Navigate your way to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ Windows\ Current Version.

(navigate by doubleclicking each of these.) In the right pane, you'll see RegisteredOrganization and RegisteredOwner in the Name column. Right-click the one you want to change, select Modify, and on the Value Data line of the resulting dialog box, type the correct information. Click OK, repeat these steps for the other value, if desired, and close the Registry Editor

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/228364/changing-user-names/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have an HP machine that came with Vista When I got this machine it had some major hardware problems these were fixed I then had to replace th OS so I went with Win The OS installed fine but I used my name during the install process that was ok because I was going to keep it Then a very close friend of mine needed a computer because her old XP had died Problem User changing name I decided to give her the HP I went into system and chaged the computer name and control panel User s and changed that name both area s show that name But when I go into my computer C drive users my name is still there and I can not change it The only solution I know might be to get into Problem changing User name the regedit and change it there I just need help getting to the right area I hope someone can point the way thanks quot s nbsp

A:Problem changing User name

You probably should do a clean reinstall of Windows 7 so your friend doesn't have a computer with your leftover "debris" that can't be gotten rid of.

Something I learned to do a long time ago when doing a clean install of Windows is enter ComputerOwner as the username. It can then be given to anyone and not have someone else's name.

------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-changing-user-name.1029251/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am running Vista Home Basics, 32 bit, SP2, and have often the following problem.

When I log in as a normal user (not admin) and log-out or choose `switch user` I get a Black Screen of Death, in which the screen is 100% black. Not even a mouse pointer can be seen. The ONLY way out is to push the power button long enough to initiate a shut down (without switching off the PC).

This behavior is just for one user, and it does not happen all the some. Sometimes the log-off and/or change user just works as expected (black screen for a very short time, then I see the user selection screen).

Anything I can try to fix this problem? I also do not know what is so special about this one user, or what I need to do to reproduce this behavior...

A:KSOD when changing user

Sounds like either a corrupt profile, or a program running in the background is hanging and blocking exit.

Check Event Viewer Application log and see if that gives any clues.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/299937-ksod-when-changing-user.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,
i got a question
how would i go transfering an account to the administrator account

i am saying this because on my other computer, their is an account called "user" for some weird reason and i have been under that without knowing until last time,
and now i want to move that account to the administrators where it should be... how would i do that?

A:Changing user accounts...

What OS are you using? And I guess inorder to make an account as administrator one needs to have the necessary privileges. Therefore inorder to change an account to administrator one has to do so from the administrator's login...

If you are using Win XP then this link could be useful -

Understanding User Accounts In XP

Hope this helps...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-user-accounts.90725/
Relevancy 46.87%

Is there a definitive way of going back to factory without re installing windows
Basically, if i sell the PC and rather than going back to factory install can i just delete my account for instance ?

I will try the add account (guest) and delete mine and see how we are.

A:Changing user without re installing

When selling a PC it is always good to factory reset the PC to make sure ALL files and settings (and virus) are gone. But you can use cmd (admin) and type control userpasswords2 then in the windows go to advanced then advanced and finally right click the account then DELETE ACCOUNT then choose DELETE FILES. But once again it is always best to factory reset the PC
Thanks,
Cal

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/57906-changing-user-without-re-installing.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

I am the admin on my home computer. I have only 2 or 3 user accounts - mine, Admin and guest. My account and the Admin account both have Admin permissions. At the moment, the picture for 2 accounts is an 'X'. When I try to change the picture I get Permission Denied. How do I grant myself permission to change the picture. I am logged on as myself.

This seems so simple to do, yet I can't do it. Can anyone help?

Thank you.

A:Changing Picture for User

Hmmm seems a bit weird...how about rebooting into safe mode and logging on as the default admin and changing the picture that way?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/changing-picture-for-user-109137.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Machine that runs vista home premium, we have two RDP profiles on the desktop. It always reverts back to a different one every time they want to log in. How do I make it so that it will connect to the one that is in that profile?

A:Vista changing the RDP user name

If the two profiles are connecting to the same machine, then it seems as if one user name changes then it will try to connect to that one after that. So i think that one saved user name to connect to one computer is all that windows likes.

Right?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-changing-the-rdp-user-name-212051.html
Relevancy 46.87%

How can I make XP when booting, use a preferred user instead of defaulting to using a user that does not see my NIC or does not allow the current user to be surf with a message

Source userenv
error 1500
Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded. Check that you are connected to the network, or that your network is functioning correctly. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - Incorrect function.

This message refers to a default user XP loads ' NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE' which is not the normal user and thus gives basic privileges only and excludes the ability to surf..using my NIC

The user all my files are in is 'owner' how can I get XP to open the owner user file at boot and remember it

A:XP default user changing

How many...and what profiles...are reflected in User Accounts in Control Panel?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/241032/xp-default-user-changing/
Relevancy 46.87%

I recently set up a new Windows 7 machine and, when asked for the name to be given to the users folder, I let it use the default name USER. I set up an account with my name on it but the folder name is still USER. It's locked and Rename isn't listed in the options menu displayed when I right-click it. How can I change the folder name?
-GT7

A:Changing the Name of a User folder

Open your Start Menu and left-click on the photo in the upper right corner. The Account panel will open and you will see the option to 'Change Account Name'.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/391661/changing-the-name-of-a-user-folder/
Relevancy 46.87%

Sorry if this is in the wrong area I cant find any area of this forums relating to user accounts So I changed my user account to the Changing User Permissions Windows Super Admin account because I am easily Changing User Permissions annoyed when a computer tries to lock me out of areas P I am completely okay with this and have no issues However many people keep telling Changing User Permissions me all about how this is a very bad thing to do e g if I get a virus the virus has full control of my system I dont disagree with this and I can understand it I just find the benefits of super admin outweigh the risk considering I generally know what I am doing how to avoid viruses etc I have considered though swapping back to a regular admin account and enabling UAC however there is so much data programs installed program preferences etc Changing User Permissions stored on my user last time I changed it was about a month before things were back to normal Does anyone know how I could just change the permissions of my current account the super admin account I somehow doubt it is possible considering this is the super admin account if anyone instead knows of a good user migration tool that can transfer data from user to user that would also be great Thanks

A:Changing User Permissions

If you were to change the permissions which applied to your current account, you would effectively be changing the permissions for the system admin account. Anything executed or done as system admin would be within the confines of the set parameters, which may have an effect on certain applications, depending on how they are coded.

To draw comparison, its like having superuser and user in linux, and allowing su only to do what user can do, thus eliminating any possibility of using elevated permissions through su (su or sudo would still happen, superuser still exists, but permissions would be rejected)

It is slightly different with Windows 7, and it wouldn't be that drastic, but there are some processes I believe which rely on the system administrator account.

That being said, I'm not sure how you would go about stripping the Sytem Admin account of its power in the first place, or even if its possible.

I sounded much more helpful in my head than I actually was. Ah well :/

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/224498-changing-user-permissions.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all'
OS windows xp on emachines 3230 pc.
I need a little help here,when i log on as another user and open up internet explorer nothing happens just a blank page with a exclaimation at bottom left corner,then a window pops up saying internet explorer script error but the window dosent show any error codes.i've checked all my settings and cant see any differences,I use sky broadband and mcafee security through a netgear router,
when i use my laptop(vista)i can open up internet explorer as another user and it will work ok.can anybody help..pls

thanks

mintsauce

Relevancy 46.87%

hey...i installed windows today, and because i had a user folder already named "‹b3rh4x", it named my current user "‹b3rh4x.DYLAN-A49121529", and alot of programs wont let me use this directory for anything because it contains non ASCII characters. how can i change the name without screwing up my profile?

A:changing user folder in XP

You can't as far as I am aware. Any manual attempt will corrupt Windows, if you are successful that is.

Create a new profile. Copy the important files over. Delete the old profile (via Control Panel)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-user-folder-in-xp.517542/
Relevancy 46.87%

I've been trying to allow various programs access to my other HDDs/Partitions and every time I change the settings and click OK windows immediately forgets the changes.

I've tried r-clicking a HDD -> Properties -> Security and changing from "Everyone" to "Administrators(**-PC\Administrators)". When I do this all the little check boxes below switch to Allow like they should. Apply never becomes lit so I can only click OK or Cancel. I click OK thinking my file permissions are now changed but I still do not have permission. When I repeat the process to make sure windows accepted my changes I see it hasn't and goes back to only having the 3 below checked:

Read & Execute
List folder contents
Read
I've tried this with individual folders on a given HDD too to no avail.
Restarting the computer after making changes does nothing.

Thoughts?

A:7 Not Changing User Permissions

Quote: Originally Posted by nellofalltrades

I've been trying to allow various programs access to my other HDDs/Partitions and every time I change the settings and click OK windows immediately forgets the changes.

I've tried r-clicking a HDD -> Properties -> Security and changing from "Everyone" to "Administrators(**-PC\Administrators)". When I do this all the little check boxes below switch to Allow like they should. Apply never becomes lit so I can only click OK or Cancel. I click OK thinking my file permissions are now changed but I still do not have permission. When I repeat the process to make sure windows accepted my changes I see it hasn't and goes back to only having the 3 below checked:

Read & Execute
List folder contents
Read
I've tried this with individual folders on a given HDD too to no avail.
Restarting the computer after making changes does nothing.

Thoughts?

Hi and welcome

Im a bit confused. are you just trying to enable sharing? If so it need to be done in advanced sharing.

Let us know

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/36136-7-not-changing-user-permissions.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Sometimes when I power on my computer to log in, the user account pic is changed to one of the default ones. I use a custom pic and no one had access to my computer except for me. I use Windows XP Home SP2 and connect to internet wirelessly. Thank for any advice given guys, I do appreciate it - this has been boggling my mind for months.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-pic-changes-without-me-changing-it.565515/
Relevancy 46.87%

I acquired a new PC which already had a local userid supplied by the vendor (without a password). I lieu of creating a new user which apparently requires I-net access as it requests an email address I chose to rename the one supplied by the vendor. that worked fine however, it did not change the folder under the Documents folder and their does not seem to be a way to rename it.

What is the best way of getting this corrected and still accomplishing my original objective?

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/69706-changing-local-user-id.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I got my new PC with Win XP preinstalled.
Under C: Documents & Settings it shows All users, Default user & user.
I am the only user. I have changed my Login name via Control panel. I am not able to change 'user' as it says it is used by system32 & cannot be changed.
Is there any method?
Thanks.. this is my 1st question.

A:Changing User name in XP registry

Create a new account with the name that you want. Copy over the profile from the other one if you want and then delete the first account.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-user-name-in-xp-registry.650021/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,

My icons are perfectly fine, there are no problems. However, I have these super cute PINK folder icons that I am dying to use instead of the way *yawning* boring blue icons.

Now I imagine there is way to change these icons, or new ones would not be available for use. I feel about my computer the way I feel about my home. It is a reflection of me, and I am not a "default" or "standard" person .

Even if it is complicated I want to know how. Please, Please help me. I don't want to die of computer bordom.

Thank you so much!

StantonMD

A:Changing User Folders

Hello Stanton, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Using this tutorial as a guide, you can:

Open the C:\Users\(user name) folder that you want to change.

Doubleclick on the desktop.ini file to open it in Notepad.

Next to IconResource=, change what is highlighted below to the full path of the icon file that you want to change it to.
In Notepad, click on File (menu ba) and Save.

You may need to logoff and logon, or restart, to apply the change.

If the icon gets messed up, then you can use the tutorial to restore the default icon back.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/224132-changing-user-folders.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,
Please advise. Is it safe to alter the windows user name/organization using the registry (regedit) and change its name? Considering I've been using it for over a year now. my friend who assembled my computer registered "user" as its name. i have xp pro. thanks

A:Changing windows user name

It's safe, as I've done it before.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-windows-user-name.397765/
Relevancy 46.87%

I had made a account called "Me" on accident and I customized a billion things on it.

Is there a way to transfer all my settings under my document settings of "me" to go
to "administrator", then so i can erase "me"?

Im so unsure of what to look for or any guide, please link me this bugs me lol.

A:User Accounts, Changing it?

Try this article:

Managing User Accounts = http://ittraining.iu.edu/workshops/win_security/manage.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts-changing-it.510434/
Relevancy 46.87%

hi,
is there any program that can allow me to change the properties of a group of users in AD?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-user-properties-in-ad.96765/
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm the manager at a restaurant. The program that we use to ring customers and punch-in/out is based off the windows clock and time. It has come to our attention that employees are changing the time on the clock (by double clicking it in the windows xp taskbar) and then punching in or out. Does anyone know if there is anyway through windows or a secondary program to disable the clock from being changed without a password or similar security measure. Thank you.

A:Prevent User From Changing the Clock?

I haven't used it, but you might check out Clock Guard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/prevent-user-from-changing-the-clock.551158/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi;

I inherited a PC and the previous owner has a lot of garbage listed under "User Profile" and every time I go to "CONTROL PANEL/SYSTEM" I get all this personal stuff I really don't want to see or read (there's a photo w/text). Would someone be good enough to advise me as to how I can remove info under "User Profie" and just leave it blank, or at worst case, reduced to just a one word name?

Many thanks in advance
Webz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-information-in-xp-pro-user-profile.537769/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi this question has been asked before in some ways but only on old posts. I have an old computer which was given to me with a admin system name which I did not want. I have changed that which was easy but then Changing the User Name Folder, is more complex. I do not have anything I want to keep and want to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10. After upgrading am I still going to have this problem unless I go to regedit etc.. and complete the task in win 7?

A:Changing User Name Folder in Win 7 Home

Hi and Welcome.

The best way to accomplish what you want is to create another account (with administrator privileges) and when you have it set up the way you want, delete the old account.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397679-changing-user-name-folder-win-7-home.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I recently had to reformat reinstall Windows XP Pro During the setup process for XP I was asked to enter the owner's name and company then in a later screen I was asked to enter any User names However once I had registered the computer to quot Tim lastName quot it wouldn't let me enter quot Tim quot as a user Instead I typed in quot Me quot hoping I could fix it later This is now the Admin user account After Windows finished installing I went into Control Panel - gt User Accounts - gt Change an account and was able to change the name of the Admin user from quot Me System User Changing Names quot to quot Tim quot Now when I start up Windows the user is displayed as quot Tim quot However all of the user-specific directories like quot My Documents quot quot My Music quot etc are still found in quot C Documents and Settings Me My Music etc quot When I Changing System User Names try to change the name of the quot Me quot directory I get the error message quot Me is a Windows system folder and is required for Windows to run properly It cannot be moved or renamed quot Is there a way to change the name of this folder to quot Tim quot Thanks Tim

A:Changing System User Names

Rename Tim back to Me.
Create a new user named Tim.
Copy your documents and files to the new account.
Delete the Me account

If you've installed any user specific programs, re-install them.
If using Outook or Outlook Express for email, you'll need to export your email and contacts, then import it into the other account when you've set the program back up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/changing-system-user-names-460279.html
Relevancy 46.44%

We're using Win XP Pro. We just sold our computer and instead or reinstalling windows all over again we just want to change the name on the C:\Documants and Settings folder. There are two folders there. One says 'All Users' and the other folder has our name. How/where do we change that (second) folders name ?

We tried to directly change it but it wouldn't let us

A:Changing user account folder name

See Article:

How to set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308418

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-user-account-folder-name.567755/
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm trying to create a new account, but its saying that im using incorrect characters ()-_[]{} etc. when im definately not
I ran netplwiz to access advanced account control, but it said access is denied, even with administrative clearance.
And overall none of my account changing is working, can't rename, delete, change back from guest account or anything.... im affraid i don't really have an option but to reinstall windows... but thought i'd try.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/243884-help-creating-changing-user-accounts-please.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi Sorry if User one Resolution Changing setting only? on this is in the wrong place I have an issue that I have been unable to find Changing Resolution setting on one User only? a workaround Changing Resolution setting on one User only? for So my last resort is here I have a Lenovo Y - with a K screen It is glorious I love it and its prefect for me My partner uses the computer for writing and uses Scrivener which does not get on well with the higher resolution of the K monitor She can change the resolution to make Scrivener better and as this is all she does on the computer its fine for her But it changes my settings as well So each time I go onto my computer I have to change the settings back Which is less than Ideal I understand that windows does not natively allow resolution settings to be applied to only one User Which in this day and age sounds crazy to me Are there ANY workarounds for this Id be happy to use even a third party program that will fix the issue if such a thing exists Any help is appreciated Mouldy

A:Changing Resolution setting on one User only?

Welcome to the forum!

Do a search for "display changer" , "display switcher", "resolution switcher" software, I found numerous hits. Never used any of them so no idea which one, if any, will work for you.

EDIT: Here is an example: Display Changer Download - Softpedia

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/60739-changing-resolution-setting-one-user-only.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello all. Newbie here and not very tech savvy. I was working on my laptop just fine this morning and when using a specific program noticed it was saving work as a previous user. So I went to accounts and changed the user name to mine. Now when I start the computer and am prompted for password it just says "incorrect password" even though it still shows the "password hint" as the same as it used to be and the user pic is still the old one.

I am freaking out as I have deadlines due today and can't access my computer!
Please help! THANK YOU!

**Edit to add that I was signing-in with a local acct, not an MS acct.

A:Incorrect Password after changing 'user'

Hello ETW, and welcome to Ten Forums.

If you used netplwiz to have Windows automatically sign in to your account at startup, then you'll just need to set up netplwiz again to update it with your new user name with password again.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/43280-incorrect-password-after-changing-user.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I was wondering if there was a way to change the default browser for only one user with a system that has multiple users?

I came across the following program: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/defaultbrowser.htm
but it only works for windows xp.

Is there any program for wnidows 7 that can do the same thing or is there a way to do it manually?

A:Changing the default browser for one user

As long as you log into your own account, the default browser setting is per user.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/changing-the-default-browser-for-one-user-522194.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Wondering why when one user changes their desktop display settings i.e. screen resolution 800x600, it changes everyones elses?

xpsp3

Thanks.

A:User settings changing on all accounts

Hi sirdeth

It appears to be a global setting.

This link http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_userdisplay.htm has a program that will allow you to set the screen resolution per user.
Let us know if that works for you or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-settings-changing-on-all-accounts.799032/
Relevancy 46.44%

I changed the user name from "user001" to "user888". That changed the name on the login/logout screens. But the user folders and paths all stayed with the old name "user001". As a result some things, like the name installed programs will grab and use, are still called "user001".

Is there a way, short of re-installing Windows, to change all the appropriate folders, paths and registry entries to read "user888" and get rid of the old user name completely?

A:Changing the User Folders (and paths)

You may want to create a new account and move the user files over to that new account. Then delete the old account.

A good explanation can be found from Brink below:
Creating a New User Account Similar to an Existing User Account

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357869-changing-user-folders-paths.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I did a clean install of Windows 8.1 Pro and I installed it using my Microsoft Hotmail account. My profile in the Microsoft Hotmail account was "Alfred H.W. Kaufmann". The Windows install program created a user folder called "AlfredH.W". Normally I could care less about that but when I use Microsoft Office and I want to insert a picture into a document, it looks for user folder "Alfred Kaufmann".

I would like to change the user name in my system to "Alfred Kaufmann" and if there is a way to do this, please let my know. I would like to make sure that 8.1, Office and Hotmail all have the same user name.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/66355-changing-name-user-match-ms-office.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Help,
I am running out of space on the drive where my xp is installed.
Is there a method by which I can move my user profile to a different drive?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/changing-user-profile-drive-215796.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a DELL Inspiron 15R touchscreen with WIN 8. First exposure to WIN 8 but I am learning to adjust. I have Administrator and one User Account set up. Every few weeks, the User Account says "password expiring" and I have to change the password. Is there a way to remove this time parameter? Admin account does not seem to require it.

A:Changing passwords in User Account

Hello dmack, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Yes, you could disable or change the time for password expiration. The tutorials below are for Windows 7, but it's the same in Windows 8.

Password Expiration - Enable or Disable - Windows 7 Help Forums

Password Expiration - Change MAX and MIN Password Age - Windows 7 Help Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/30305-changing-passwords-user-account.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys, is there anyway to change the icons in my user folder? For example the "My Music" and "My Videos" folders? When I go to the properties and go to the Customization tab, there is no option to change the icon like other folders have. Any ideas?

A:Changing the icons in my user folder?

Hello Nogills,

Yes, there sure is. It must be done at the C:\Users\(User-Name) location though.

User Folders - Change Default Icon

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/55999-changing-icons-my-user-folder.html
Relevancy 46.44%

at present I am running XP Pro with a single account which everyone in my family uses. However I like running my screen resolution at a higher rate than what my brother does and as a result whenever he comes on the computer he changes it. This annoys me to no end because I have files and folders set out on my desktop which get moved about when I change the resolution back so I decided to give him his own account.

anyway, I was able to create a new Administrator account for myself and I give him a limited account with no problem however it now seems that when I change the resolution in his limited-user area it changes the resolution for my admin area as well. Is there any way to keep this screen change localised to a single user account or must I be forever plagued by his inability to read text smaller than 1024*768?

Steviejay

A:Changing User screen resolution

This is possible through some software. There is one software called "ResXP" which designed for this purpose but that project dropped last year. So maybe anyone have or any other software in the market.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-user-screen-resolution.448716/
Relevancy 46.44%

Annoying detail on my Windows 10 PC. I have a System Name: AL-OFFICE-FLORI and a user name of AL-OFFICE-FLORI/agude as displayed on the System Information page. On the System Properties page, the PC Name is Al-Office-Florida.

I sure would like to end up with a System Name of "Al-Office-Florida" and a user name of "aguden" but I am have no idea about how to get there. I am assuming that the System name isn't too long since I have a longer name on another PC on the network.

I think that maybe for the username I could add aguden and then make that an admin. Then delete the agude. Unsure about that or even where to start to change the system name.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/61988-changing-system-name-user-name-match-pc-name.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Accidentally, I lost my password of my user, and i don't have the admin password of my Windows XP. Is there any way that I can change my user password from another user account. Note : The another user account don't have administrator priviledges.

A:Changing user password in Windows XP

Sorry, we cannot help with passwords here, it is against forum rules.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-user-password-in-windows-xp.920022/
Relevancy 46.44%

I've noticed twice in the past 6 months that my router's admin and password have been changed, and I keep having my credit cards get hacked.  Is there a way of determining if there is a piece of malware on one of my 4 computers that is causing this to happen. Unfortunately I couldnt' login to my router to see what settings were being modified because my user id and password are being blocked.  I reset the router back to factory defaults last night and added an even more complex user id and password. I'm absolutely positive I've entered the correct user and ID and password multiple times so there is definitely something (worm) causing my issue that the tools I have at my disposal cannot find. 

You can find more details here:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598617/wireless-settings-being-changed/#entry3880732

A:Something is changing my router user id/password

Reset your router again. You can pull the Ethernet or phone cable from the wall to temporarily disable internet. After resetting the router login Password and SSID for the router also make sure you disable remote access. This will prevent anybody from remotely accessing the router. It can only be accessed by a direct connection via Ethernet. I would also change your WPA2 PSK password. Depending on the router you can make it long. For a copy and paste of a new password for WPA2 go to GRC here. 63 printable ASCII characters hashed down to 256 binary bits:

After you are back up on the Internet I would recommend you do a scan with Hitman Pro and TDSS killer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598664/something-is-changing-my-router-user-idpassword/
Relevancy 46.44%

Quick version How do I change the licensed user that comes up when an Office Application is fired up Long version When I roll out machines I normally stay logged in as Administrator and then install Office When it asks for the user name I use our generic company name as the user Before sending the machine out I log in as the intended user Changing Office XP in Licensed User and fire up one Changing Licensed User in Office XP of the office apps It will ask me again to put a new name for this profile and it is at this time that I put the user s actual name When the user fires up an office app it will say that the software was licensed to him her but if I log in as Admin and fire up office it will say that the software was licensed to the company Factory fresh Windows XP machines got me out of my routine when it won t allow me to put Administrator as the name in the setup screen I had to put the user s intended username and continued with my installs I forgot to log in as Administrator when I installed Office so everytime he fires up Word it says that it is licensed to the company It is a quot minor problem quot for the user that I keep hearing MOST of the time so I would like to know how to change this info on his profile Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I've been given someone else's HP Pavilion Laptop installed with Windows Vista Home Premium. I was unfamiliar with creating new user accounts so I just changed her account name to mine and proceeded to customize things the way I like. However, I notice that her name still appears in the user string which impacts all kinds of things like logging on to play games and having her name still show up. How do I change the user string so that all incidents of the previous user's name cease to exist?