Windows Support Forum

Strange problem when I connected a powered USB Hub

Q: Strange problem when I connected a powered USB Hub

I ran out of USB ports, so I went in for a powered USB hub.

One by one, all the USB ports went out of action, and then windows (XP) would not boot normally.

That was quite a scare.

I detached all devices attached to the USB ports and ran Device Cleaner (thanks to Lookin)

http://www.techspot.com/community/t...up-and-remove-old-usb-storage-drivers.145884/

The PC began to boot normally, and all but one USB came alive.

Any explanation?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-problem-when-i-connected-a-powered-usb-hub.207055/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Strange problem when I connected a powered USB Hub

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 61.92%

This is my second powered USB hub and they both will not allow my PC to boot while the hub power is connected. When I press the power button on my PC it reacts just like the button don't work but as soon as I unplug the hub power it starts to boot OK. At the moment I only have a Razer mouse plugged into the hub. I tried different USB ports on the back of the PC for the hub and same thing. It appears to be a power conflict with the hub and the motherboard? Any ideas?

Thanks.

XP sp3
Motherboard Gigabyte MA785 GM US2H
AMD x2 545
2 gig Ram
ATI radeon HD4200
2 Maxtor 7L320So

Relevancy 60.63%

I hope this is not going to be a problem I leave my computer on except when I go to bed at night so it gets its -hours of sleep Normally I have my screen saver kicking in after With Off? My Powered Computer. Something Strange minutes of non-use But tonight after I was away from the computer for about two hours I came out to the computer room and the computer was turned off except the computer light was ON on the tower case I had Something Strange With My Computer. Powered Off? to reboot or boot the hard drive ran Check Disk and it booted up normally Power Settings show no power turn off modes to be in effect and all other operations are excellent Computer is healthy and malware free I wonder if we had some sort of quick power outage in the house or something I recall this happening with my Gateway when I had it years ago A power issue in the house Will watch and keep posting Jack nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/something-strange-with-my-computer-powered-off.870884/
Relevancy 59.77%

My laptop shows that I'm connected to my wireless router with a strong signal and I can get on-line fine, but when I try to view the wireless networks within range, it shows none! Not even the one I'm connected to. I had turned some services off, but I checked and all those relevant to connecting wirelessly and they seem to be set to auto and are running, including the "wireless zero configuration". What do think the problem may be? I'm running WinXP on an Asus netbook.

thanks!

A:Strange problem... I'm connected, but no wireless networks are in range?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-problem-im-connected-but-no-wireless-networks-are-in-range.937444/
Relevancy 53.32%

PC powered up,fan running at normal speed.logged in ,it started as usual then suddenly pwered off completely.Turned off .Checked power source.Disconnected all wires.turned on with no power.Then reconnected all power sources ,turned on power .Fan running at normal speed,,black screen.No further progress.Help

A:PC powered up,logged in,screen went black powered off

Lots of Pavilions. Can we have the model number?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/PC-powered-up-logged-in-screen-went-black-powered-off/td-p/5702686
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there load -- Powered computer USB ? HDD Self powered - on vs USB Intuitively one might think using Powered from the mains external USB HDD's would require more power from the computer as well compared with those small self powered units I've no Powered USB HDD - vs Self powered USB -- load on computer ? way to measure this but I'm sure the small units might consume MORE power as the computer has to Powered USB HDD - vs Self powered USB -- load on computer ? supply all the power for Disk rotation and the USB I Powered USB HDD - vs Self powered USB -- load on computer ? O controller I only ask this because I need to put two large powered USB units both with X TB Raid HDD's in each unit on to a USB Hub The two HDD units seem to perform perfectly well whether connected to the chargeable port on an HP laptop or the quot non chargeable quot ones The RAID is powered by the HDD itself internal Hardware RAID --used RAID for speed -- don't need to mirror etc - I've enough backup if the whole thing goes bonkers The files on these HDD's are serving music and video so not intensive used -- don't seem to have any problem streaming media from the laptop Any engineers out there - curious over what is the actual load power wise on the computer if a POWERED USB HDD is used compared to a Self powered one Note the Hub I'm using is not also powered Cheers jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/59758-powered-usb-hdd-vs-self-powered-usb-load-computer.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello i have AsRock M A DE motherboard it has USB ports at back of them being eSATA powered i bought tb external hdd for fraps recordings it is USB but this motherboard has no USB so i thought Problem eSATA with USB powered i will plug it into eSATA powered USB but it's not showing up gt YES HDD works fine using any other USB port gt YES eSATA USB ports work fine when i plug mouse keyboard etc into it gt I have checked BIOS that its not in RAID mode and it isn't gt i checked asrock site for possible drivers found nothing well i found xFast USB Problem with eSATA powered USB which speeds up USB ports a little but still not enought it gets my fraps recording down to like - fps and its not playable while recording to internal hdd i get easy fps i can't think of anything else can anyone help please please do not suggest me to take apart that tb and use as internal or to record on internal i bought external for a reason it has to remain external and i have NO room on any internal HDDs to record hundreds of GBs of videos

A:Problem with eSATA powered USB

If I understand your question, you want your USB 2.0 to be faster like a USB 3.0.
Thats not going to happen. If your motherboard doesn't have any 3.0 USB ports you don't get USB 3.0 speed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/274795-problem-esata-powered-usb.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I m running windows bit on a desktop with an edimax connected from while Strange speakers internet. to the sounds n wireless pci card Strange sounds from speakers while connected to the internet. and via high definition audio and I ve a weird problem I cant figure out When playing any music files from my hard drive or a cd the sound is perfect and there are no problems but as soon as I m connected to the internet I get a strange noise coming from my speakers the sound is intermitently distorted and jittery This is happening while using programs like spotify and youtube and also windows media player even playing my cd s Im not sure about how the wirless network card picks up signals but the sound is fine when my computer is connected to the network but not when the network is connected to the internet My network card also has trouble picking up the signal from our netgear Nrouter especially when my stack is backed up against the wall or Strange sounds from speakers while connected to the internet. something is next to it even if it just gets moved a couple of inches But somehow it doesnt have any trouble picking up my neighbours signal in fact it gets a perfect signal Any help or info would be so usefull nbsp

A:Strange sounds from speakers while connected to the internet.

Well, I had a similar issue with one of my previous computers. The bad news is that it turned out to be PCI bus latency, and a design issue with the chipset, I finally replaced the MB to solve the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-sounds-from-speakers-while-connected-to-the-internet.952565/
Relevancy 48.59%

Two identical Laptops both reloaded with Windows 7 identically, two similar houses, two identical Virgin Superhubs. One Laptop instantly connects to both Routers with Internet Access. The other Laptop connects to both Routers but only has Internet Access on one. Tried rebooting laptop and router, tried deleting Network adaptor, tried deleting connection, tried new drivers, tried Winsock refresh, tried System Restore to original installation all to no avail. IpConfig looks perfect. Any ideas?

A:Very Strange 'Connected to Network but no Internet Access'

Can you ping IP addresses when connected to problem network? Try ping 8.8.8.8
Is it the browsers acting or have any other warnings? Which browsers are you using?
Security software installed?

Have you tried Safe Mode with Networking?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/375982-very-strange-connected-network-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 48.59%

When I use my lcd tv as monitor (to view movies on it, etc) it makes a weird clicking noise.. I have no idea where that could come from...

I connected my laptop via the standard rgb cable to the tv and everything works fine with the expection of that annoying noise..

Help would be appreciated..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lcd-tv-making-strange-noises-when-connected-to-laptop.652187/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey all was hoping to get some answers This morning i went to buy a port powered usb hub i only Hub USB "Swann installing since Powered 2.0 USB Problem 4-Port have spare ports at the back of my PC So i plugged it in and it seemed to work initially but with only one of my USB devices which was plugged into it My ADSL modem When i unplugged the hub and replugged it back in however the hub ceased to work I got an error USB Problem since installing "Swann USB 2.0 4-Port Powered Hub quot USB Device not Recognized One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it quot Furthermore when i try to re-connect my external USB hard-drive to the original port at the back of my PC i get the same error message However i do not USB Problem since installing "Swann USB 2.0 4-Port Powered Hub get this error message when plugging my USB printer and ADSL modem into that same port Both the external harddrive and USB Hub have their own power supplies The hard drive was working through that port before i tried installing this hub But now well it doesnt seem to like it anymore as per that same error message And of course the hub doesnt want to work Any help would be fantastic James nbsp

A:USB Problem since installing "Swann USB 2.0 4-Port Powered Hub

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
Uninstall all devices under Storage Volumes. Say no to any reboot prompts until you are finished. Also, if a Storage Volume doesn't uninstall, ignore it and move to the next one.
If you have a yellow ? with unknown devices, uninstall all of the entries there as well.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-problem-since-installing-swann-usb-2-0-4-port-powered-hub.369528/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I have posted before in the HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum and had all my malware removed. I have still having some problem and was ask to post a new topic here.

My comp is currently running on window xp pro ver. 2002 service pack 2. When I am connected to the internet and try to run in normal mode, there will be a strange sound coming from my comp, the green light on my desktop will keep flashing and my deskop will not load.

I was ask whether i had uninstall or install any applications from my comp in the previous forum but i cannot remember as i had uninstalled a few applications. One of them is a online music player and a tudou application.

Any help will be appreciated.

A:Strange sound coming from my comp when connected to internet.

What does this noise sound like?

Can you determine where it is coming from?

Is this a desktop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/203062/strange-sound-coming-from-my-comp-when-connected-to-internet/
Relevancy 47.3%

I haven't used my desktop in a while been on this laptop but I got problem can't connected, at connected. all. understand I is that not Weird PC but on it the other day and was greeted by terrible performance There was a program called VirusRemover on the desktop that I instantly recognized as malicious because I didn't put PC is connected, but not connected. Weird problem that I can't understand at all. it there and It was very busy with prompts I ran AVG and it took PC is connected, but not connected. Weird problem that I can't understand at all. forever to scan my computer PC is connected, but not connected. Weird problem that I can't understand at all. but after two attempts the computer just didn't want to work I had to use the task manager to open programs because I couldn't get to the task bar it finally finished its scan and found tons of adware spyware etc along with two quot threats quot that took some effort to get rid of I ended up using a program remover to get rid of quot VirusRemover quot and whatever it had in my registry So after a restart or two my computer is running relatively well I'd say it's healthy now except for the fact that it will not connect to the Internet It thinks it is but my browsers won't load programs can't update etc My connections show that I'm connected my router and my modem say that I'm connected tried bypassing router no difference and no restarting disabling connection repairing or anything else has made a difference From my amateur technical perspective everything is perfectly fine except my computer just seems to be missing some step that I don't understand It looks fine everything checks out but apparently there's no connection despite reading quot Connected quot everywhere I know to look Network Locations My laptop connects fine as does my PS However my PS is no longer detecting the media server from my PC this happened before I bothered with my PC I just don't get it Any ideas before I spend to talk to a tech guy from HP over the phone who'll probably just have me send it in for some insane price Thanks in advance for any help

A:PC is connected, but not connected. Weird problem that I can't understand at all.

Is there no edit option? Sorry for double post, but I fixed the problem...somehow. I remembered that I had a registry cleaner on my computer and went ahead and ran it to see if I could get lucky, and it did the trick. After it repaired the registry I gave Firefox a try and it popped right up!

Have to recommend Eusing Free Registry Cleaner now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-is-connected-but-not-connected-weird-problem-that-i-cant-understand-at-all-335259.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Ok I ll give you all a quick rundown of my problem and what i did to try and fix it First off i have a gb ide drive for my windows installation other drives for storage and i got a gb Raptor X which is sata I cloned the gb boot drive onto the raptor but it problem Solved: repair. windows with Strange, strange didnt boot and said the HAL was corrupt My guess would be that the hardware abstraction layer got all defunct when it saw the new sata drive but was expecting an ide After all that i decided to run a chkdsk on the ide drive and clone it again to see if it booted I used the recovery console on a windows xp pro disc but alas i couldnt chkdsk because i forgot my admin password Stupid me Well i thought i d reset the admin password with Solved: Strange, strange problem with windows repair. the windows xp repair installation Hit shift f when it is quot installing devices quot in the gui part of the windows Solved: Strange, strange problem with windows repair. installation and modify users from the cmd prompt But i didnt get that far after it copied all the files in dos and would normally go back and continue installation it restarted the computer and flashed the windows logo normal stuff then the logo went away and the computer restarted Now it s in an endless loop and does the same if i try the repair installation again I really need to get this drive back up and running somehow Any help is appreciated Thanks Also i used Paragon HDD manager to clone the hard drives nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

So at my home we regularly have internet connection problems meaning it goes in and out - times a day so we bought new modems new wireless routers which in the end we still have the same problem So I decided to do a lil investigating I decided to run wire shark to a detailed view on my connection and I keep seeing this Lexmark printer show up amp I was stumped b c it just didn t make sense that a printer would continually try to connect to my wpa -psk secured network wireless at that so a few weeks go by and I decide to turn on file amp printer sharing on one of my laptops amp wam there is that Lexmark printer on my network how could this printer be on my network I m confused b c I haven t given out the password to any amp it is showing up randomly Strange Problem Strange Ntework , Showing My With Up Printer On Any have any ideas I ve included a pic of its properties does any know how to investigate this further using the devices mac https skydrive live com redir resid E DAC A FC amp authkey AD ZxW-V R Strange Problem , With Strange Printer Showing Up On My Ntework wJ U nbsp

A:Strange Problem , With Strange Printer Showing Up On My Ntework

and you do not have a lexmark printer at all or any other wireless printer or printer connected to a PC and shared at all
its not showing an IP address

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-problem-with-strange-printer-showing-up-on-my-ntework.1062756/
Relevancy 39.13%

Okay, so I have a little bit of a problem, I turned my computer on this morning only to find that all the folder icons had been replaced by 'no icon' icons (the paper with the stuff on it).

Now, when I click my folders, it brings me to the search window, with that folder in the search area. This means I need to right click every time I want to open one of my (now) ugly looking folders.

I've gone through folder options, and under the list of options only 'find' and 'open in onenote' comes up... not open or explore. It says I can add a new type, but I browse and I doubt there's a program to open folders.

Any help? Yes... I've tried System Restore

A:Strange, strange problem

There's a freeware program called "tweakui" that has a tool "rebuild icons" that may fix this. Another program "regseeker" has one as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/strange-strange-problem-152471.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I am running short on time, so i must describe this breifly.

I am fixing my friends computer, the mobo died, he got " the red light".

I replaced his mobo, and now everything powers up, but the computer doesn't post, there is no video what so ever.

I have tried swapping every componet from my working computer.
-the cpu
psu
Gpu
Ram
HDD

I have tried taking out the cmos battery and putting it back in.

I would try clearing the cmos jumper, but for some reason this new board does not have one.

Now, another strange problem. The board starts, for about 2 seconds, stops, and restarts itself. I have checked the LEDs multiple times. I have tried reseting the graphics card, and the cpu, and the ram, and have tried the ram in different slots

I am now clueless. Would love help. Thanks

A:Strange, strange problem

Me thinks your new mobo has a problem too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-strange-problem.78019/
Relevancy 38.7%

When I connect PC to my Sony Bravia 32" HD Ready,
picture on tv is VGA 640x480 and I can't do anything in CCC.
http://i40.tinypic.com/29wtttk.jpg
I try with HDMI to HDMI and DVI to HDMI, same thing.
I have ATI HD 5770, already try with another drivers, please help
and sorry for my english.

A:Problem with PC connected to TV

Have you tried using the advanced mode of CCC? Does your TV have a VGA input? If so its sometimes better to use that for a PC connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-pc-connected-to-tv.921582/
Relevancy 38.27%

I've got a new NAS (WD MyCloud 3 TB) which seems to be good connected to my LAN over a GBit Router. At least it's possible to transfer big files at maximum 105 MByte/s with the Windows copy function.
So I decided to make the NAS my backup drive (Windows 7 integrated Backup function from a SSD). Before I used a USB2-connected hard drive. The daily incremental backup took about 5 minutes  (2,5 GByte). Now when using the NAS the backup
took 43 minutes for the same amount of data.
A daily backup usually consists of 50 files, the data is collected by .zip-Files (about 200 MB each). Looking at the timestamps I see that on of these files (mostly containing 4-5 parts of outlook.pst) needs about 5 minutes to be generated and/or transferred.
What could be the reason for the slow data transfer? Is this a caching issue? What can I change?
Greetings, Halweg

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bc8bbddd-8e18-4ae1-a993-050107050e73/windows-backup-on-a-gbit-connected-nas-is-much-slower-than-on-a-usb2-connected-hard-drive?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 38.27%

Okay I live in the dorms in college well actually they are not the dorms but overflow apartments because the dorms were full not sure if it matters but thought i should add I brought my wireless netgear router with me to wireless room access losing on to Connected dorm internet but router connected school to plug my Ps into and to Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room download certain things the school blocks on the regular wireless internet So I plug my Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room router into the jack in the room and then run wireless to my laptop and wired to my Ps I set up the router and it determined the internet connection is DHCP I set the router to obtain I P and DNS addresses dynamically and it won t work then i set it to use static addresses the address that it picked up dynamically It then works for awhile sometimes a few hours and sometimes less than an hour To get it to work again all I have to do is set it back to dynamic wait a couple minutes and move it back to static When I lose connection my playstation says its a DNS error my roommate plugs his laptop directly into the jack on the wall because he doesn t have a wireless card and he hasn t said anything about losing his connection But once i plugged him into the router he loses his connection just like me I am sure i am forgetting something important if anymore info is needed I will add Please help it is really getting annoying changing the setting on the router nbsp

A:Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room

If you don't use the router at all, does your Internet connection stay active?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-but-losing-internet-access-on-wireless-router-connected-to-dorm-room.136082/
Relevancy 38.27%

Win 7 Ultimate 64byteThe network icon in the tray is red with a red X.Network and Sharing center states I am currently not connected to any networks.I click on 'Connect to a Network', at the top of the pop up it says 'Not Connected', below the 'Connections Are Available' icon it shows my wireless network and connected.I can't connect to a HomeGroup.Internet connectivity is working.

A:Windows 7 states I'm not connected to any networks when in fact I am connected to my wireless network??

I found a solution for (my version of) this problem.  My tray icon never showed the red X, but if I clicked on the icon, the popup showed a bigger icon with a red X, and said "Not connected".  As in your case, Internet worked, but I'm unable to setup a VPN connection because it insists on using a non-existent modem, obviously because I'm "not connected" (which I am). 

I monitored the processes running the NlaSvc and Netprofm services (using ProcMon), and noticed that both were denied read/write access to subkeys within the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList hierarchy.  

The processes were running as NetworkService and LocalService, respectively, so I tried adding full access for these service accounts to the entire subkey mentioned above.  Notice that permissions are not automatically inherited in the registry, so you may need to explicitly "replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object".

Within seconds, Network and Sharing Center tells me I'm connected to my domain.  Yay!
A reboot was required to fix the tray icon and its popup.

However, I'm still unable to add my VPN connection.

I'm interested in hearing from you guys if your registries miss the same permissions?  If so, Windows 7 must have a bug somewhere with misaligned service permissions/rights.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/df17c593-e78f-4878-97b0-7569307934c5/windows-7-states-im-not-connected-to-any-networks-when-in-fact-i-am-connected-to-my-wireless?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello all I m currently experiancing some problems with both my TV and Laptop Resently I removed the screen off my laptop because it was broken so I could use it connected to the TV without TV Problem; Laptop Please help. Connected to the screens ink ending up ruining my laptop entirely So here is my problem my laptop actually works Laptop Connected to TV Problem; Please help. fine on my TV but every once in awhile it will change channel from PC mode to the very last channel on my TV Now this can happen once every minutes or sometimes even less it seems it depends on what I m doing on my computer like what websites I go to or something I may have clicked on Does anyone know what might be wrong My Laptop is currently connected to my AVEIS HD TV with the same kind of coord you would normally Laptop Connected to TV Problem; Please help. use to connect the Desktop computer screen to the CPU Desktop I googled for hours and couldn t find out anything regarding my situation so I came here and posted hoping to get an answer from you guys I appreciate it Thanks Mark nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

I did not have this problem when running XP bit version but am having the problem on both Win bit and bit Machine Gigabit P-S Intel Quad Core GB RAM DDR I have powered DLink USB Hubs connected the hubs are daisy chained together to a single connection to the PC There are a total of devices connected to the USB Hubs plus the keyboard and mouse and a GPIB device so roughly USB Devices connected to the machine The keyboard mouse and GPIB are connected directly to the machine not through an external hub If I attempt to boot this machine with the Hubs connected the machine will get past the quot Starting Windows quot screen and display a mouse cursor but that's as far as it goes It will remain there forever The mouse amp keyboard never become active I have to reboot the machine unplug the Hub connection let the machine boot log in then plug in the Hub with problem Boot connected USB link and everything is happy I cannot figure out what is going on like I said XP did not have this problem I am guessing it has to do with the plug-n-play process or something I have left the machine sitting for days hoping it would eventually come up but it does not It still just sits with a black screen and a mouse cursor I have more than one machine doing this identical machines one running bit one running bit Boot problem with USB connected Any ideas

A:Boot problem with USB connected

Unusual arrangement you have.

You could try increasing the poll time and see if that helps.

Registry Key: HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Control\PnP\PollBootPartitionTimeout

Registry Value: 30000

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/161325-boot-problem-usb-connected.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I have windows 98, just a few days ago I started having trouble staying connected to the internet. I can get on, stay on for about 10 minutes then I get bumped off ( cable internet ) I get back on by renewing my IP server.
I know its not my modem because I have hooked another computer to it
and no problems there. I have downloaded a couple things,, Limewire and
a couple screensavers from freeze.com please please help. I am so frustrated.
thanks
karebear

A:problem staying connected

Create a permanent folder on your hard drive for Hijackthis, like My Documents\HJT
Click on this link: http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/and download hijackthis. Save the file into the folder you have created.
Unzip the file to the folder.
Scan your machine, then click on Save Log.

Post a copy back here and someone will be happy to review it.

Don't make any changes until instructed to do so.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-staying-connected.286891/
Relevancy 38.27%

Good afternoon I am afraid I don t quite know what to call this problem so I will describe it My friend has just called asking me to find a program to solve her problem which concerns her computer at home and another at work The program on the main computer at work allows the waiters to take orders on PDAs which then transmits the information two problem with connected machines to the main computer at problem with two machines connected the cash register desk and to the bar and or kitchen I don t know the name of the program My friend has access problem with two machines connected to the main computer at work from home but when she goes on line her mouse movements etc problem with two machines connected are seen by the main computer as are those of anyone using that machine She wants to be able to access the main computer without disturbing anyone using it I assume it has something to do with logging on with a different user name and password but the young local lad who is working on her machine does not know how to solve the problem plus there is a language difficulty Any assistance will be appreciated Cheers Jack The Magus nbsp

A:problem with two machines connected

This sounds like a feature enabled in that particular progarm and without more details about the program perhaps it will be diffcult to comment. The name of the program should be provided at the minimum to see who is familiar with it. Also, this might be a security featue that can only be disabled with admin right. In some cases that is done on purpose to let everybody know they are being watched.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-two-machines-connected.570970/
Relevancy 38.27%

Having trouble using Internet and never had a problem before. I moved to a different house.
Have a desktop and a antenna adapter to connect wirelessly. Wireless modem and cable internet with several computers connected wirelessly.
The problem: when connecting to network it says I am connected with great signal strength. But won't let me use Internet because it says "identifying" with a clock symbol. It just stays that way never letting me get on websites.
One time it did let me get on website after I guess it identified but after a short while the speed of the Internet got really slow and finally got to where it just stayed trying to load websites forever so basically wasn't able to use the Internet.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584285/identifying-and-connected-problem/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,
I have a 40GB hard drive (non - SATA) which has xp installed in it.
I recently bought a portable 160Gb transcend hardrive which connects to the USB.

When ever i have my portable hard disk (USB) connected, the computer doesnt boot at all.However on removing the portable hardisk(the USB) and on restarting XP boots properly from my 40GB hard drive and when the 160GB is connected later it even detects.

I tried changing the first boot device to HARD DISK(40GB) But it didnt work.

Can anybody let me know how to boot my computer with the portable hard drive connected to the USB.

A:Problem while booting:with USB connected

hi,

Can i expect some replies???....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-while-booting-with-usb-connected-270505.html
Relevancy 38.27%

My product number: EOK41UA#ABAMy BIOS: F.15-11/05/2013 (0883100022305B00000320100)My network adapter is Intel and driver version is 15.10.3.2

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/I-am-having-same-problem-with-my-wifi-Never-has-connected/td-p/5637462
Relevancy 38.27%

They seem to run together in Event Viewer.
I ask because C2R is in it's own unaccessible Drive Q.
And which 'Service' is correct?

A:Is the VSS problem connected to Click-To-Run?

Who stopped all these services.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/314476-vss-problem-connected-click-run.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I'm having a problem connecting online. I have called cox and they say that my connection is just fine but when I go to access the internet and I sign on It pops up and says my firewall is not authorized. I have tried several different things. I am lost. I have been down for 3 weeks. I really don't want to spend the money for someone to come and tell me something really simple to fix it. Can anyone give me some suggestions.
Thanks

A:Problem getting connected online.

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
For wireless laptops, have you made SURE the wireless switch is on?
For wired connection issues, have you booted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes the symptoms?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-getting-connected-online.874911/
Relevancy 38.27%

I just put a powered USB hub in and have it running through my docking station for my laptop. It pops up and says it can perform faster and to hook in to another port, what port are they talking about????

Relevancy 38.27%

Everything else is good. PSU fan spinning, power button working, GPU fan on (built in on EVGA GeForce GTX 750 ti SuperClocked), and it's plugged in by the PSU. The CPU fan isn't turning on either, yet it's plugged in. Sounds like anything fixable?

Thanks for any replies,
Joe

A:CPU not powered?

Need more information. Need make and model information on the Motherboard, CPU, PSU. Is the CPU fan a stock fan or aftermarket fan? Have you tried to remove and then re-seat the CPU? If you remove it, check for bent or broken pins.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-not-powered.206497/
Relevancy 38.27%

Why would I need a powered USB hub?

There must be a purpose?

Problem I have: some USB add ons to hubs (non powered) will just stop working!!
Previously working fine - suddenly not recognised.

Is this to do with the hub not being powered and therefor taking too much resources from the PC??
Would my problems be solved if I got a powered USB hub?

Powered USB hubs: do they take a load off the PC in anyway?

Thanks.
OM

A:Why would I need a powered USB hub?

All USB ports use power...the more USBs the more power used ..not sure how many your talking about here but using powered hubs is always advisable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-would-i-need-a-powered-usb-hub.701239/
Relevancy 38.27%

Saw this at AMDZone, AMD is currently sampling PDA type CPU's.

AMD Introduces Alchemy AU1100

By: Chris Tom
April 8,2002
AMDZone.com

SUNNYVALE, CA-APRIL 8, 2002 - AMD (NYSE- AMD) today announced the introduction of the Alchemy(tm) Au1100(tm) processor, targeting the non-PC mobile internet appliance market, such as web pads, telematics, and PDAs. Currently being sampled, the innovative Au1100 offers an industry-leading combination of high performance, low power and high integration.Click to expand...

Full story here.....I wonder how a PDA is gonna look with a SuperOrb on it ??

AMDZone.com-AMD PDA article

A:AMD powered PDA's

Well its beyond me how you can post in the news forum and not notice the new news topics posted....

AMD to enter new markets, including handhelds/PDAs

From www.amd.com:

About the Alchemy? Au1100? processor from AMD
When Alchemy Semiconductor, Inc. was acquired by AMD in February of this year, its product portfolio consisted of the Au1000 and Au1500? processors. The Au1000 processor is currently in production and the Au1500 processor is sampling, with production scheduled for the second quarter of 2002. The Au1100 processor builds upon the successful Alchemy Au1 core, which is based on a MIPS32? instruction set. Like the Au1000 and Au1500 processors, the Au1100 is a System-on-a-Chip (SOC). SOC is a processor that has a core around which there are a custom set of integrated memory controllers and industry standard communication interfaces. SOCs can be tailored for use in different information appliances, such as PDAs and web tablets.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-powered-pdas.1141/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi

A friend of mine had a power cut for 30 mins, and while that happened he was on his PC, when the power went off, obviously his pc went off as well. I asked him if he had a surge protector on there, he said no, and since the powercut his pc has never started up. it made no noises, no smells, just no power. basically no ones at home.

Has the power supply just gone, or is it a more serious problem

Any help would be great.

A:never powered up again

Has the power supply just gone, or is it a more serious problem Click to expand...

The power supply is most likely gone, although when a power supply gives up the ghost it can take other hardware with it. Try disconnecting all the drives and booting, if it doesn't boot replace the power supply and cross your fingers and hope everything else is okay.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/never-powered-up-again.218036/
Relevancy 38.27%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Powered USB HUB Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU G GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS H H -M Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Good Day Have just purchased and connected a powered hub Canyon CNR-USBHUB N After shutting down my PC the green power light remains on and if I try and start my PC using the power button nothing happens If I shut off the wall socket for the power Powered USB HUB to the usb hub and then shut down my PC the green light is off and I can start my PC with the power button Is this the correct way the hub should work Can I connect other powered devices like printers to the powered hub or is there some conflict of power between the two Many thanks Dave Rennie nbsp

A:Powered USB HUB

when the computer shuts down ,the light indicating a usb is plugged in should go off

yes you can connect other devices to the hub

try the hub plugged into a different usb port on the computer

usually when the computer will not boot with usb plugged in it usually means one of the usb is faulty,not necessarily the

powered hub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/powered-usb-hub.1095434/
Relevancy 38.27%

I had a triple BUNDLE with Comcast -- Television Internet Phone The TV was a flat screen given to me by a neighbor and which I didn t like HELP without powered MY PLEASE on DVR although TV still - so I gave it to a HELP PLEASE - MY DVR still powered on although without TV friend They came this morning and disconnected the television and so far everything is alright although I am paying more just for internet and phone because NO LONGER A BUNDLE So I am advised to get a HELP PLEASE - MY DVR still powered on although without TV really cheap TV because I do miss some of it MY PROBLEM IS THIS THE DVR FROM COMCAST IS SITTING HERE ON THE SAME TABLE THE TV WAS ON THE TV IS GONE BUT THE DVR IS STILL PLUGGED IN AND ON THE FRONT ARE LIGHTS --- CLOCK bLUE CIRCLE LIGHT I am afraid to disconnect because I might mess up my phone and internet but the lights bother me that they re on and there s no TV connected to it What to please Just leave it until I decide to get another used cheap small tv THANK YOU nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-my-dvr-still-powered-on-although-without-tv.1154833/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have just fitted a new usb hub (powered) when i first turned on the power to the hub my computer was turned off, but the power light came on. I have now disconnected the power to the hub but had to move my mouse to another usb. Do you think i have a faulty hub,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/powered-usb.667660/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello, last night, I was having problems with my computer overheating while playing video games, and then I remembered, when it over heats, to make sure all dust is cleaned from your computer. So, therefore, this morning when I woke up, I took some q-tips, and proceeded to clean my computers fan, and RAM chip bus. Then, when I tried turing it back on, it wouldn't boot up. My OS would not boot up, and nothing would show on my screen. I checked for anything I must have unpluged, and re checked everything, but it's still not powering up. Does anyone have any suggestions? I think it has something to do with my RAM chip bus. SOmething musta burnt out. Any ideas would be perfect.

A:Seems like something isn't being powered up..

Qtips, and the motions of cleaning with the use of them, can introduce static electricity.
Go back to basics... the most fundamental setup you can create... power supply, video graphics port or card, one memory module, and a floppy disk with MSDOS or Windows 98 Boot/Startup, or if you have no hard drive, a boot to a CD-ROM such as Windows 98 or Windows ME. Boot to SAFE MODE if possible.
Does it boot? If not, you know you may have a problem. So change the optical drive, and try again./
If it does boot, change memory modules and try again. Still working?
Keep on adding one component at a time... then change to the hard drive, removing the discs from the floppy or opitcal drive.
Keep toying with the system to get something to boot, still keeping it as simple as you possibly can.
Progressively change and test. You can learn a lot in the process.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seems-like-something-isnt-being-powered-up.98912/
Relevancy 38.27%

I m not so sure about this one might be worth it I think my power supply powered? under may be insufficient for the amount of ram I d like to use System AMD athlon VIA Northbridge fsb ASUS k m mobo x mb pc should be x -- here s the problem watts nvidia geforce ultra sb pci Maxtor gb HDD WD gb HDD XP Home Canoscan USB scanner Canon Printer on parallel Alright so all three chips I have check out I have used each independently under powered? and run them through memtest The two I currently run are x mb chips Every time I try to run the third a x mb chip the original equip it s all about the blue screen I have had issues with other chips and compatibility Kingston s x chip didn t like my machine s language and had to step outside My bios does not support registered memory as I found out the hard way A x ValueRam chip felt threatened Do I give in and drop another sixty on a new chip or can this chip be integrated into a community that needs a chip just like it to round out the neighborhood Would a w ps help A w What gives Does anyone know what I m on about nbsp

A:under powered?

Seriously doubt its a power supply issue. RAM uses very little power in comparison to other things.

Sound like its a RAM type issue, they just will not play together.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/under-powered.229551/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi!
I just got a Rosewill 7 port hub (Model: RHUB-310W). It has its own power supply and I was wondering if I actually need it plugged in or if it will work otherwise. I am planning to have a mouse and 3 external hdds attached permanently and maybe a flash drive, camera, and an mp3 player plugged into it intermittently.

The external hdds have their own power supply but all else don't.

Will I break the hub, my computer, or my peripherals if I don't plug it in? I unerstand if I don't, then the hub will draw its power from the computer, will it be enough for everything I mentioned?

Thanks for any input.
Happy new year!

Relevancy 38.27%

When i turn on my computer, the loading bar goes 3/4s of the way then freezes right then. Also, my CD-rom/DVD-rom isnt powered, so im wondering what i can do. Anything that i can do to fix this problem?
Specs of Old computer:
450 Megaheartz
Tobisha DVD-Rom driver
Philips CD burner
126 ram (Something near there)
Windows XP Pro. Edition
Thanks

Relevancy 38.27%

im making myself a sort of NAS box, but without the NAS for now lol

I will be mounting 4 3.5" HDD's in a hot swap box im making, and converting them to usb. For backing up purposes, without RAID.

Instead of having 4 usb cables coming out, i though about building a powered usb hub inside, and having just the one cable come out.

Just wondering if theres any part of my plan that ive not thought about!

A:How many HDD run off powered HUB?

Um...even if this works, how would your computer be able to address 4 different disks over a single USB cable? Short of writing your own transport protocol and special drivers to implement it, I don't see this happening....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/193374-how-many-hdd-run-off-powered-hub.html
Relevancy 38.27%

i have a computer who's usb ports don't produce enough power for my devices and i was wondering if i just used a powered usb if it would allow my devices to function.

A:Would a powered USB hub help me?

Yes dwizzle,
a good powered external USB hub would work for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/would-a-powered-usb-hub-help-me.159536/
Relevancy 38.27%

I've been using a USB-powered hd to transfer files between my computer and media player. All of a sudden my computer won't see it anymore. The media player still sees it and my friend's computer running XP sees it, but mine won't. I've done "Search for new hardware" but got nothing.

A:Win 7 Won't See USB-Powered HD

It could be that on the computer that doesn't see it, Windows has simply failed to assign a drive letter to it.
This is not uncommon with external hard drives, even when the drive was previously assigned a drive-letter.

If that is the case, it's a simple fix.

Plug the drive in.
Now go to Control Panel >> Administrative Tools >> Computer Management.
Click on Disk Management in the left pane.

In the right-pane, all the connected drives are represented by a horizontal ribbon.
Look for a ribbon that's the same size as your external drive but has no name.
Right-click it and choose "Change drive letters & paths".
Click "Change".
Pick a drive-letter from the drop-down box, then click 'OK'.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-wont-see-usb-powered-hd.991512/
Relevancy 37.84%

So, this is not a major issue but kind of annoying. Recently I have noticed that the system tray icon for the wireless network always has that little red X and if I open the Network and Sharing Center it says "You are not currently connected to any networks." When I click "See Full Map" it shows a line from my PC to the Router but the line from my router to the internet has a red X.

The thing is, I am connected to the internet. I can go online just fine. Any ideas?

A:network system tray icon shows not connected but I am connected

Hello Serg, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Sometimes a simple restart of the PC will sort the network icon for you.

If not, then a quick disable and enable of the wireless network usually will toggle it back with the correct icon.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/311165-network-system-tray-icon-shows-not-connected-but-i-am-connected.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi there I have a weird problem here I have two laptops Laptop A is my personal one using at home Laptop B is my company laptop The problem is about my laptop B When I use my laptop B at work everything works perfectly When I get home this laptop could connect to Skype but just can not browse website I used ping and found that it can only ping IP address instead of websites I first thought that maybe the DNS server was screwed Then I used my laptop A to test Laptop A and Laptop B have the identical settings both use Automatic DHCP server settings on the wireless browse connected is not to but internet connected Laptop , skype can TCP IP are identical Laptop A works fine can ping website and browse websits with a chime I then followed the Instructions and posted the following info and hope someone here could give me some hints BTW I have the genuine windows xp pro cd Laptop connected to wireless , skype is connected but can not browse internet thanks Hui DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by huis at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV VirusScan Enterprise AntiSpyware Enterprise On-access scanning enabled Updated A B B- C - -A AB-E DEABF F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exe C WINDOWS system ASTSRV EXE svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe Laptop connected to wireless , skype is connected but can not browse internet C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Nitro PDF Professional NitroPDFDriverService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS Laptop connected to wireless , skype is connected but can not browse internet system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Microsoft Virtual Server vmh exe C WINDOWS system vmnat exe C Program Files VMware VMware Player vmware-authd exe C WINDOWS system vmnetdhcp exe C WINDOWS system CCM CcmExec exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C WINDOWS system sessmgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Roxio Drag-to-Disc DrgToDsc exe C WINDOWS system ICO EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Google Google Pinyin GooglePinyinDaemon exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Communicator communicator exe C Program Files VMware VMware Player hqtray exe C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Red Gate SQL Prompt RedGate SQLPrompt TrayApp exe C Program Files MagicDisc MagicDisc exe C virusRemoval dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp mpsharepoint it default aspx BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Spybot-S am... Read more

A:Laptop connected to wireless , skype is connected but can not browse internet

bump please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/laptop-connected-to-wireless-skype-is-connected-but-can-not-browse-internet-420049.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi guys and girls have a problem with a friends laptop and i need your help because ive run out of ideas and i dont like formatting unless i have tried as much as i can too rectify the problem and im close to losing the rest of my hair so the problem started with the normal Solved: limited unidentified but connected. network, connected not connectivity, limited connectivity i was given the laptop and tried to rectify the problem using ip resets renew Solved: limited connectivity, unidentified network, connected but not connected. release ipvc reset winsock reset and it wouldnt budge if i leave the ipv settings to automatic it will not display the ssid of the router it will connect to it but display unidentified network if i enter the ip address dns e t c then it will display the router but it will still not connect to the internet i have tried updating drivers removing all drivers and letting windows rediscover and install driver i have also tried installing an internet dongle the laptop will pickup the dongle install the software but then display no connection i then tried installing a belkin wirless adapter but since the software is only up to vista i dont believe it has worked everything installed ok but still will not connect to the internet i am also finding out that it is not getting proxy details either and on occasions i will get limited connectivity or the adapter will refuse to connect to the router i have run xirrus wifi inspector on both my laptop working and his laptop not working the signal strength runs from about - db too - db which is strong enough but the automatic ip address differ alot according too xirrus these are the results My Ip My DNs my gateway His IP His DNs N a his Gateway N a his ipconfig all Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address F - D- - A- D- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address - - C- - E- C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a ad a f e ce Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - A- -E -F - D- - A- D- E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A D E- - C- - E E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D E D- B - C - C - EF ACEEACD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B B - B F- - -AEF B BB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DC - - A C-AF - AC D... Read more

A:Solved: limited connectivity, unidentified network, connected but not connected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-limited-connectivity-unidentified-network-connected-but-not-connected.1074225/
Relevancy 37.84%

I thought i was reasonably PC savvy but after reading some of these posts I realise that I have no idea network connected Solved: internet but to Vista wireless connected not - please be gentle I am living in a boarding hostel which has Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected a wireless network via Mac Airports which I have connected to - it says that the signal strength is good though it does appear to fluctuate This wireless connection uses a proxy server to connect to the internet so that they have some control over what the students can see My problem is that I can connect to the network but not always to the internet using firefox the internet seems to cut in and out and if it is connected it runs VERY slowly and most often Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected times out even when opening something simple like google com What I need to know is how can I tell if this is a PC issue or network issue I Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected ran the intel PROset diagnostics tool and it says that the ping test failed no response default gateway DHCP server Some things that I ve tried other computers seem to work fine on the network disabled windows firewall talked to the techs but since they re mac users they weren t familiar with vista and therefire not too much help Ideas on what to do please nbsp

A:Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected

got it sorted now) It appears that even though my PC said the signal was strong enough, it wasn't (Vista must need a very stong and consistent wireless connection) After some searching I found that one of the airports in the building had been switched off and even though it was the furthest from my room, it made a big difference when activated...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-connected-to-wireless-network-but-internet-not-connected.726479/
Relevancy 37.84%

AJA System Test fails on one or more of hub, Dell port tests devices under to type-C of certified fail XPS on connected connected transfer USBIF 13 Data the external USB hard disk drives connected under Data transfer tests fail on devices connected under USBIF certified hub, connected to type-C port of Dell XPS 13 USBIF compliant USB Data transfer tests fail on devices connected under USBIF certified hub, connected to type-C port of Dell XPS 13 Hub VIA KGH nbsp Cypress HX Microchip which is connected to the Type-C port of Dell XPS running Windows Bit OS Test Setup and steps to replicate the issue Self powered USB hub connected to the Type-C port of the Dell XPS using a Type-C receptacle t Type-C plug Four USB Hard disk drives connected to the downstream ports of the USB hub Following test tool is installed and run instances run one instance each for each of the hard drives connected to the Dock https www aja com assets products files AJA SystemTest- -x msi Following are the tool settings a Test File Size MB b Settings gt Run Continuously selectedThe tool does continuous cycles of read write to the selected Mass Storage device USB traffic is captured on the upstream port of the USB hub in continuous recording mode One of the instances of the tool reports failure to access the drive after about to minutes after starting the test Stop recording the USB traffic Sample set of Mass Storage devices used SinapisTek Poseidon Pocket SSD GB Apacer AS USB Portable SSD GB Seagate Expansion TB HDD BUFFALO HD-PZFU TB HDD Other observations Issue not seen on other Windows Bit platforms Intel Series chipset Desktop latest Macbook etc During the test it is seen that the data transfer to some of the devices pauses at times for no apparent reason and resumes at times At times it does not resume and the test fails USB trace seems to suggest issue with the host see attached areas of concern - screenshots On data transfer failure the disk s on which the failure has occurred is not accessible from windows explorer as well even as the other devices under the USB hub continues to work

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982504
Relevancy 37.84%

This problem appears to malware yet nothing I run can remove it or even detect it After it starts anything wanting elavation does not run including basically even single anti-malware software currently avaible It only starts after doing something in Windows Explorer to present UAC prompt twice Then connected device to your A Problem computer... afterwards everything wants an elvation presents the exact same error message A device connected to your computer... Problem A device attached to the computer in not working properly Yet everything in Device Manager looks okay and the fact I have access to Device Manager and Task Manager It seems to block A device connected to your computer... Problem Rkill Malwarebytes RogueKiller and TDSSKiller It appears not happen in Safe Mode I will get a DDS log ASAP Edit Since I needed to do I reboot and I am new here I figured I should attach the first DDS log to the first post I also wanted to finish my description Since the infection my computer lags about more and boot times went from seconds to minutes I was doing spring cleaning before it started LOG DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by David at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Disabled Updated ADA C - F - - A- B E SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Disabled Updated C C - - - FA- E F F SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW McAfee Firewall Disabled DA E - - D - - AD FE Running Processes C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService c program files soluto soluto exe C windows system Dwm exe C windows explorer exe C windows System spoolsv exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C windows system taskhost exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C windows system svchost exe -k ftpsvc C windows System svchost exe -k LPDService C windows system mfevtps exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C windows System tcpsvcs exe C windows System snmp exe C windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C windows system svchost exe -k iissvcs C Program Files Common Files McAfee AMCore mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe C windows explorer exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee Platform McSvcHost McSvHost exe C windows System alg exe C windows system SearchIndexer exe C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C windows System WUDFHost exe C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C windows system SearchFilterHost exe C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp search yahoo com fr avantsearch mStart Page hxxp www google com uURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor McIEPlg dll uURLSearchHooks EA - AA - A A- - AF E D F - lt orphaned gt uWinlogon Shell expstart exe mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO PodcastBHO Class FDF-F A - B D- D -CDF CFD - C Program Files x Common Files doubleTwist IEPodcastPlugin dll BHO scriptproxy DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSnc dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor McIEPlg dll TB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor McIEPlg dll StartupFolder C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startu... Read more

A:A device connected to your computer... Problem

I ran a SFC scan that found at least a 100 corrupt files but it repaired everything except explorer.exe and everything within the Windows folder with the same name. I have re-install my mouse driver to fix the laging issue every reboot. I have a re-installation disk for Windows as well as recovery DVDs from the manufacturer, Linux live CD and a standard recovery CD.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496571/a-device-connected-to-your-computer-problem/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have a very frustrating Internet problem with to VPN unless Speed connected problem I have a cable connection that consistently speed tests at around Kbps and yet I have tons of problems loading web pages They load so slow that they often time out This happens on both Internet Explorer and Firefox I have cleared the history and cookies on both browers many times and it doesn t help Both my laptop and my desktop are connected through a Linksys router and both have the same Speed problem with Internet unless connected to VPN web page loading problem Here is the weird thing though - if I connect my laptop through my work VPN and then open my broswer while logged into VPN the web pages load fast with no problem I am still using the same connection with the only difference is that I logged into VPN before I opened the web page If I disconnect from VPN I am back to not being able to open web pages Also just for kicks I brought my work computer home connected it to my router and could not load web pages Then I logged into to VPN and had no problem with web page loading anymore All my computers are using Windows XP I have Roadrunner Cable and a Linksys Wireless Access Point Router GHz with port Switch I am directly connected to the router - not using Wireless Can someone help me I can t figure this out nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

I can connect to the internet and browse but after anywhere from a minute to ten minutes my connection speed drops or i get disconnected all together I only have this problem at school in my dorm It works fine on my wifi at home and in other buildings on internet. staying connected Problem to the campus I know nothing is wrong with my dorm building because my roommate who also uses windows has no problems connecting and staying connected I have talked to the I T dept at school and they didnt help much at all I have run a Malwarebytes full scan and it didnt find anything I have disabled McAfee and the problem still persists I have also changed all settings on my wifi card to the most aggressive possible and disabled all power saving options When i run a diagnostic on my connection while im having problems i generally get one of two errors quot the connection between your access point router or cable modem and the internet is broken quot or quot the default gateway is not available quot If i get the second error it says its been fixed and my connection will speed up again for about another minutes and then Problem staying connected to the internet. the cycle repeats If anyone has any ideas on what it could be please let me know because im pretty good with computers and this has me completely stumped

A:Problem staying connected to the internet.

If your connection works fine in all the other places, don`t start making radical changes to your system, you will compound the problem. Move the pc around, make sure there are no obstructions between you and the Access Point. Put the pc right under it if you have to. Does it happen at certain times of the day ? Late at nite ? Early in the morning ? Keep testing to narrow down the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/251355-problem-staying-connected-internet.html
Relevancy 37.84%

In one of my computer at work, I am able to open all sites except those related to Google (gmail, Google map etc). Sometimes www.google.com works, but from that if I select ?Mail?, it does not work.

The same thing works from my colleagues computers and also at my home.

Does not seem to be network problem, as all other sites open. Also there is no Firewall issue as it works from other people?s computer.

Any help?

Thanks

A:Problem opening anything connected with Google

Check with administrator, make sure they did not create a policy to restrict you from using Google. Then Edit your Hosts file. Browse to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc open the Hosts file with Notepad. Delete all lines after the words localhost in the Example:

# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost

Save the file and try it again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-opening-anything-connected-with-google-404048.html
Relevancy 37.84%

hi i have a confusing problem on my Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows XP that i originally thought was caused xp internet when only to problem connected windows by overheating the computer windows xp problem only when connected to internet will randomly lock up and no buttons including CTRL-ALT-DEL will work a few times the termination blue screen windows xp problem only when connected to internet quot blue screen of death quot will show but mostly the current screen just freezes my only recourse is to hit the power button and reboot however after running the software in safe mode or unplugging my internet connection it appears that i have no problems this suggests a software problem not the hardware problem that i originally thought windows xp problem only when connected to internet but nothing in the Event Viewer log or HijackThis log or Combofix log looks suspicious with the possible exceptions of JRSUKD SYS and JRSKD SYS problems began from about September - a possibly related problem is that i had a spam bot capture my MSN hotmail contact addresses and send spam mail but i have since changed my hotmail password seem no longer to have that problem the logs are shown below Event Type InformationEvent Source Save DumpEvent Category NoneEvent ID Date Time User N AComputer TBIRDDescription The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x d xcccccccc x ff x xcccccccc A dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type InformationEvent Source Save DumpEvent Category NoneEvent ID Date Time User N AComputer TBIRDDescription The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x d x bffdf x ff x x bffdf A dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type InformationEvent Source Save DumpEvent Category NoneEvent ID Date Time User N AComputer TBIRDDescription The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x d x aad e x ff x x c A dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type InformationEvent Source Save DumpEvent Category NoneEvent ID Date Time User N AComputer TBIRDDescription The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x d x x ff x x A dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type InformationEvent Source Save DumpEvent Category NoneEvent ID Date Time User N AComputer TBIRDDescription The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x d x x ff x x A dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type ErrorEvent Source System ErrorEvent Category Event ID Date Time User N AComputer TBIRDDescription Error code d parameter aad e parameter ff parameter parameter c For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d d Param eters c aad e ff c c c Event Type ErrorEvent Source System ErrorEvent Category Event ID Date Time User N AComputer TBIRDDescription Error code d parameter parameter ff parameter parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d d Param eters c ff c c Event Type ErrorEvent Source System ErrorEvent Category Event ID Date Time User N AComputer TBIRDDescription Error code d parameter parameter ff parameter parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d d Param eters c ff c c ComboFix - - - Thomas Bishop - x Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running from c documents and settings Thomas Bishop Deskt... Read more

A:windows xp problem only when connected to internet

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/348910/windows-xp-problem-only-when-connected-to-internet/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi,
today I've noticed while playing CS GO, that my ping would raise up to a thousand or even more. I've checked every little thing and it did not seem that the computer is causing the problem neither the Cs Go server.

Strangely, after the 2nd computer went off, the internet was normal again. So I checked it to be sure.

When the 2nd computer for example has a launched video on youtube, my ping would go crazy, when it was off, my ping was back to normal. Does anyone know, what might cause this strange problem? Thanks for help in advance.

A:Problem with 2 computers connected to a router

Hi Goodfeller, and welcome to TSG.

Streaming video is data intensive and could be using up most of your available Internet connection bandwidth, resulting in longer ping times for you and buffering issues for the person with the video feed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-2-computers-connected-to-a-router.1145431/
Relevancy 37.84%

I recently been having connection issues for the past few weeks. I'll be able to connect to the internet in my household for a few hours and then all of a sudden ill lose connection. I eventually get a yellow warning icon covering my internet bars icon. My internet works fine again once i reset the router and modem, but i will get the same problem again after an hour or 2. I'm starting to think it's a problem with my modem or with my router. I use a Motorola modem and a Lynksys router if that helps. Also it's not just my computer, my xbox doesn't connect online either when this happens. Anybody have any suggestions. It's really annoying having to unplug the router and modem every few hours.

A:Connected but no internet access problem

Hi there, As a network engineer, I can only think of two problems:

Since you mentioned that not only your laptop, but your x-box drops the connection, the problem lies either with the modem, router or your internet service provider.

Now let me explain:
1) It is possible that due to over heating, modems start dropping packets (I have experienced this)
2) you may have trouble with the linksys router.
3) your modem loses connectivity probably because you were disconnected from the ISP.

to narrow down this problem there are a few things that you can do -
wait until the same problem occurs again. Now, go to the command prompt and ping google.com, record the messages,
in the command prompt, ping your router's IP, record the results.

Also, without resetting the router and modem, try using an ethernet cord, do both the ping tests again.
Paste the results here. This will help us identify the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-but-no-internet-access-problem.1020787/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi,
I recently purchased a Belkin USB 2.0 7port hub for my laptop. I have a Creative Sound Blaster USB (about 2 years old) which works fine when plugged directly into my Belkin PCMIA USB 2.0 Card, but whenever I plug it into the hub it comes up with an error. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the card to no avail, but theres still two "USB Audio" icons with exclamation marks beside them in device manager. There is no power issue as the hub is self-powered. There is no resource tab in properties to check if there's a conflict. It could be my lack of processor speed, but it works fine when plugged directly into the laptop's USB or the PCMIA card. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Rory

Compaq Armada 1700
266mhz
160mb RAM
20GB IBM HDD
Belkin USB 2.0 7 Port Hub
Belkin PCMIA 2 Port USB 2.0 Card
Creative Sound Blaster USB

A:Sound card problem when connected to hub

Some USB devices will not work on a hub, some require a controller port.

It's to do with USB enumeration, unsure if this affects your USB audio card/USB hub but your description of the problem tends to fit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-card-problem-when-connected-to-hub.434468/
Relevancy 37.84%

I wanted to start a thread on this topic as I'm not sure anybody else has seen a connection with this issue Yesterday I was able to successfully remove a virus from my father in law's computer that we have been after for some time The problem began a couple of months ago when Spywareguard kept notifying us that something was attempting to change the Internet Explorer home page It was being Software? Connected Problem Virus Hp With changed from www google com to http qus hpwis com I disallowed the change and thought the problem was solved A couple of days ago my father-in-law called me and stated he was having major problems with his computer running XP home with SP It had been slowed to a crawl and we could barely get the dial-up networking box to appear so as to get on the Internet He had been running Avast antivirus and I noticed his Avast icon was not in the system tray I opened Windows Explorer and checked the Virus Problem Connected With Hp Software? program files only to find that the program files Virus Problem Connected With Hp Software? for his security software antivirus and other anti-spyware had been either erased or altered The Avast exe program had been changed to Avast E E I knew we were dealing with some type of viral application killer I ran some scans from some antispyware I had on CD and Microsoft Antispyware advised something had hijacked the hosts file However this virus locked up MS Antispyware before Virus Problem Connected With Hp Software? it could remove the thing I then ran some other scans but nothing seemed to be able to find this thing I then ran HijackThis and it showed the hijacker under the R and R sections as http qus hpwis com and http srch-qus hpwis com And so I copied down the info and that evening proceeded to go online from my own computer to see if I could find out how to get rid of whatever this was I entered the URL in Google and looked at approximately posted HijackThis logs where people had this listed as a hijacker The common denominator among them all was that WITHOUT EXCEPTION every person who had this little quot friend quot also had HP software or hardware of some kind Also the quot hp quot part in the hijack address made me a little suspicious Anyway to make a long story somewhat shorter yesterday I ran a stand-along version of McAfee in DOS after booting into Safe Mode and it hunted the virus down and killed it McAfee identified the virus as a quot KillApp quot That was true as it had quot killed quot most of the security software by eating away at their program files The file itself was called quot Terminator exe quot and was in the following path C hp bin terminator exe After the McAfee antivirus killed it I booted back into normal mode and it was night and day Also having Zone Alarm firewall installed we had noticed previously that several of the HP application were attempting to quot call out quot after we got online And so I don't exactly know what's going on but there is definitely some connection between this qus hpwis com hijacker and the HP software Whether this virus is something that downloaded while the HP software was attempting to obtain updates or came through some other channel is unknown At this point since I have not seen anyone else notice the common denominator with all of these HijackThis logs and the prevelance of HP software involved in this problem I wanted to give others some food for thought Also maybe this is something that really needs to be looked into by some people with much more technical skill than I possess At any rate I set Zone Alarm to block all communications by the HP programs Personally I do not see the need for them to be sending information back to the quot mother ship quot anyway If a person needs an update etc they can always go to the company website and get what they need I really don't like any of my applications doing things behind my back In another forum I was reading that the hijacker might have something to do with the Backwe... Read more

A:Virus Problem Connected With Hp Software?

This is a known issue with HP and Compaq computers. For example in compaq presarios you may see:http://desktop.presario.net/scripts/redire...=consumer&i=enuI dont this is a virus per se, but rather part of their update software or other software that gets installed. Whenever I see these in logs I always fix. Why do they hijackthis your IE to those pages? So they can track who is using what. Those links connect to a HP Server, log the instance of your opening IE, and then redirecting you to yahoo.For the search pages, they use their own branded yahoo search. WHy ? They probably get paid by Yahoo or other type of kickback.The calling back is probably a program checking for updates. Many hardware vendors include these annoying, worthless programs that waste bandwidth and slow down your computer.Btw...here is the hpwis.com domain record:Registrant: Hewlett-Packard Company (DOM-309202) 3000 Hanover St. Palo Alto CA 94304 US Domain Name: hpwis.com Registrar Name: Markmonitor.com Registrar Whois: whois.markmonitor.com Registrar Homepage: http://www.markmonitor.com Administrative Contact: Domain Registration Manager (NIC-1477322) Hewlett-Packard Company 1000 Circle Blvd MS 413G Corvallis OR 97330 US [email protected] +1.5417152100 Fax- +1.5417156789 Technical Contact, Zone Contact: HP Hostmaster (NIC-1457890) Hewlett-Packard Company 3404 East Harmony Rd. MS 20 Fort Collins CO 80528 US [email protected] +1.8005247638 Fax- +1.9708983793 Created on..............: 2000-Oct-23. Expires on..............: 2006-Oct-23. Record last updated on..: 2005-Jul-25 21:53:34. Domain servers in listed order: AM1.HP.COM AM3.HP.COM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/37905/virus-problem-connected-with-hp-software/
Relevancy 37.84%

Desktop XP.
Modem connected to router in the right places. Wireless works, internet works on desktop.

I go to 192.168.0.1
Its the settings for the modem not my DI-624 router? where did this page go??

Relevancy 37.84%

Greetings I have problem with QoS using routers Routers Router Asus RT-N SW Tomato by Shibby Tomato Firmware MIPSR - K 2 over connected WiFi routers, QoS when problem with USB AIO this router is set up as main router with DHCP enabled PPPoE enabled QoS setup Local IP 2 routers, problem with QoS when connected over WiFi netmask gateway modem Router Asus WL- gP V SW DD-WRT DD-WRT v -sp mega - build set up as Wireless Access Point I followed this instruction http www dd-wrt com wiki index php Wireless Access Point - DHCP disabled WAN disabled Local IP netmask gateway Routers are connected with UTP in LAN port on both routers Problem Devices connected to router s WiFi are seen on router s IP Traffic Details under IP this IP belongs to router all other types of connections are working OK router LAN and WiFi and router LAN problem is only with router WiFi On router I have setup DHCP with static leases to all home devices and all of connected devices get correct static IP address no matter how are they connecting router LAN or WiFi and router LAN or WiFi How can I setup router that router will see all devices on their static IP under IP Traffic Details that I will be able to set QoS for each device different Thanks for your help nbsp

A:2 routers, problem with QoS when connected over WiFi

have you checked that there is not a DHCP service for the wireless access point - IF DHCP is turned off on the 2nd router that ALL the IPS should be from router 1

if you have assigned static IPs to all the devices and then they should be controlled by router 1

But you say router 1 DHCP is enabled ?
what range have you assigned

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-routers-problem-with-qos-when-connected-over-wifi.1084844/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey everyone I have been having a problem with my computer recently when I want to print things out The computer I am talking about is in my computer description titled quot Computer quot It is connected to an Epson Stylus Photo R I don t think it is a problem with a printer but more the USB ports on the computer This is what happens I click print on something that I want to print out and it will load the printer software and start to print Then a pop up box comes up saying quot This device can perform faster quot and then something about switching it into another USB Connected USB Problem Printer Epson port which I can t do as the printer is set to use USB Port only Any way what I was wondering is whether there is a way of disabling this pop up box as every time it comes up I get a printer error and it stops printing I end up with loads of the first page of things I am trying to print Thanks Epson USB Connected Printer Problem in advance to any one that can shed some light on this Epson USB Connected Printer Problem issue Jack-O-Bytes nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/epson-usb-connected-printer-problem.967293/
Relevancy 37.84%

i am useing dell vostro e5470.....windows 10 64bit,,,,,,but i have a pproblem with digital peersona fingerprient software it shows a problem that is 'fingerprient reader not connected problem'...and it does not work......so
plz someone suggest me ..what should i do now?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19981070
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi guyz I m back with another problem weirder then never Here is the description When I enable the Lan connection the computer is in LAN problem total =- im Pc -=As connected, freeze soon total freeze mode Can t move the mouse or use the keyboard can t do nothing but i do hear the HDD my lan is configurated with DHCP and Shared Internet and many other computer are connected to it perfectly I m on win k pro I can t use USB lan adapter still freezing I can connect myself to the Internet using a k modem I just tried another lan card but still the same I was trying to unistall the tcp ip protocol but looks like we can t LAN problem -=As soon im connected, Pc total freeze =- I disabled time synchronisation in Date and hour properties All protocols are installed on that connexion I did read a lots on simmilar problem but most of hem are related to Internet Explorer Here is some info i gathered looks like there is sumthing wierd with the system clock Anjoy pls note that your help is very very appreciated here nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

I fought TL-WN951N staying with Problem connected to get my wireless adapter in and working Finally after a few hours of it continuously Problem staying connected with TL-WN951N quot failure to Problem staying connected with TL-WN951N install correctly quot and netting me the lovely yellow exclamation in device manager I tried this Problem staying connected with TL-WN951N morning in safe mode and it went in fine I have it working sort of Now if I stay and continue working online it seems fine if I leave it for mins or so it SHOWS as connected but I get nowhere online and my MSN is disconnected I right click repair it disables and then enables it and does whatever else it does and I m good again for a short while I am running a D-link DIR wireless router I have other cards in PC s I haven t had the chance to check my GF running vista on her laptop has no connectivity issues I have the latest drivers installed as well The other cards went in without any troubles as well I even tried all cards into my PC before giving up for the night Anybody have any suggestions as to how I can get a constant connection without worrying that if I take a shower I will show connected but not be connected as far as MSN and my browsers are concerned All ideas are welcome thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-staying-connected-with-tl-wn951n.114419/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi guys I (NON-powered) the can best What's card buy? you AGP posted What's the best AGP card (NON-powered) you can buy? a thread about a day ago about having bought a radeon card about year or two ago and having it fry my motherboard s agp slot I m not sure if I should try that route again although one poster recommend lowering the AGP speed down to x running a KT mb I m keen to avoid all possibilities of damage though Also don What's the best AGP card (NON-powered) you can buy? t have a hugeee budget just something to tide me over for a year or so So I m wondering what the best graphics cards that DON T hook into your power supply are I have no bias with ATi nVidia although have leant towards ati in the past Currently am running a thought it was a in my previous thread Have been thinking about an ATi XT mb Want to play Thief and Battlefield hopefully at least looking ok Can run the BF demo at the moment pretty decently at with everything on low but thief runs like sh t with everything on low Would they run much better on the XT Or the best unpowered nVidia card Thanks Adam nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

I have a headset that plugs into a usb port.  None of my usb ports provide power when my computer is off.  As a result, my headset power is drained until I turn my computer on.  Is there a way to configure a usb port to remain powered when my computer is off?  Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Powered-USB-Port/td-p/3463045
Relevancy 37.84%

Just put my new system together built a few before but st processor i ve installed was scarey hehe I went to asus s website and downloaded the latest bios for my MOBO I made a raid install powered not PC stay on will disk will be using xp bit in riad setup Powered on the st time and entered bios followed the instructions for flashing my bios the pc got to reboot and never powered back on waited about minutes before powering back on manually Now when I hit the power button the pc powers up for about seconds and then shuts down No beeps or sound fans PC will not stay powered on work fine on power supply and case and processor Looked on the internet and in the instruction manual and no specific info any help would be greatly appreciated Please let me know if any more info would PC will not stay powered on help out System Specs Asus Striker II Formula LGA Nvidia nForce i sli atx Intel motherboard Intel Core Quad Q Kentsfield Ghz LGA W Quad-Core Antec case Antec true power tp - watt Power Supply evga knockout pci e video card gigs of Corsair Dominator ddr floopy G Western Digital M sata hds Asus sata dvd nbsp

A:PC will not stay powered on

If you have time:
Press DEL to enter BIOS setup page
After entering BIOS setup page, choose "Load Optimal Defaults".
Then click "Save and Exit" and reboot system

Rules for Safe BIOS updating through the Internet

1. For safety reasons, always use the most updated BIOS utility!
2. Do not overclock the system/CPU during BIOS update!
3. Load "Setup Default" in BIOS menu before BIOS Update.
4. Make sure you have "Administator" privilege on your Windows system (WinNT4/2000/XP).
5. Close all application programs under Windows.
6. Disable any existing Anti-Virus applications in the system.
7. Reboot the PC after the BIOS update is complete.
8. Switch on the PC and load "Setup Default" in BIOS again.

All ASUS motherboard will carry 3 year warranty services
ASUS notebook will carry 2 year standard warranty services

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-will-not-stay-powered-on.108031/
Relevancy 37.84%

I'm building a PC for my school's Hardware and Software class. Due to the limited amount of time per week (2 hours tuesdays and thursdays) I have the class, I don't know that much about it's specs or setup, but I'll try to answer where I can.

The issue I currently have is that once I plug it in, everything goes normally, except the fan starts running full blast until it's unplugged. Pushing the power button does nothing. Any suggestions as to a solution? Is my power supply dead? Motherboard damaged?

Relevancy 37.84%

My aunt came over and usede my computer today and she improperly shut it Improperly... Down Powered down like three times in a row Now no sound will play and this is one of the error messages I get quot Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device There might not be a sound device installed on your computer it might be in use by another program or it might not be functioning properly quot Also the bar with the minimize and close button have the classic quot quot look the computer Powered Down Improperly... is new though and I cant get it back A few months ago I shut my computer down improperly and got the same problems But I had just gotten the computer so I just re-installed XP and it was fine But now I have a lot of documents and and programs that I dont want to lose Can anyone help me with this Thanks

A:Powered Down Improperly...

Try System Restore.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51374/powered-down-improperly/
Relevancy 37.84%

So, today I was uninstalling some programs to make room on my hard drive. There was a program there I hadn't seen before, called "Yahoo! Powered". It had no publisher, and no icon, sounded weird, and I didn't install it, so I did a quick search to see if it was trouble, and apparently it is. Not entirely sure how to get rid of it, but it's apparently been on my computer for 21 days now. 

I've never had to get rid of any viruses before (I'm sure my other computers had loads of them, but I never bothered), but now that I've spent over a thousand dollars building a pretty nice computer, I'm not okay with having viruses...

So where do I start in getting rid of it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/628026/yahoo-powered/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello Hope someone can help me with my problem yes I know I have Logmein installed along with copSSH I know I have a few dlls running that are mallicous but they aren't removed by killbox or icesword and I can't boot into the recovery console to remove them I know of these two and they have avoided all my attempts to remove them quot C windows system ssqolkk dll quot quot C windows system mljgd dll quot Much Thanks kd jitLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC Program Files copSSH bin cygrunsrv exeC Program Files LogMeIn RaMaint exeC Program Files copSSH bin sshd exeC Program Files LogMeIn LogMeIn exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files LogMeIn LogMeIn exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system Zedo Bho Ads By Powered wscntfy exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Creative Shared Files CAMTRAY EXEC Program Files LogMeIn LogMeInSystray exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exeC Program Files Hamachi hamachi exeC Program Files UltraVNC winvnc exeC Program Files Bho Ads Powered By Zedo Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis v exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Bho Ads Powered By Zedo http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def search ie htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Bho Ads Powered By Zedo Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http products webroot com disp php p d amp lang enR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - F C -C C - A-A F -D F F CC F - C WINDOWS system mljgd dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c program files mcafee virusscan scriptcl dllO - BHO no name - A A D - E- E D-A -DE D AB - C WINDOWS system ssqolkk dllO - Toolbar Protection Bar - F - - -AF E- A EA D - C Program Files Video AX Object splug dll file missing O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run explorer C Documents and Settings Nick winstall exeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender... Read more

A:Bho Ads Powered By Zedo

Please download VundoFix.exeto your desktop. Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.Click the Scan for Vundo button. Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button. You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo. When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK. Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt and a new HiJackThis log.Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove.In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot, simply follow the aboveinstructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button." whenVundoFix appears at reboot.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90998/bho-ads-powered-by-zedo/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have ads "powered by name" all over my firefox browser.

I have tried everything from carefully uninstalling a few programs which may not be trusted to using a malware removal software.

Anyone who faced similar issue.

Thanks

A:How to remove ADS powered by Name!

Click on this link to download : ADWCleaner Click on ONE of the Two Blue Download Now buttons That have a blue arrow beside them and save it to your desktop. Do not click on any links in the top Advert.

See the screenshot where the proper download buttons are highlighted
NOTE: If using Internet Explorer and you get an alert that stops the program downloading click on Tools > Smartscreen Filter > Turn off Smartscreen Filter then click on OK in the box that opens. Then click on the link again.

Close your browser and double click on this icon on your desktop:

You will then see the screen below, click on the Scan button (as indicated), accept any prompts that appear and allow it to run, it may take several minutes to complete, when it is done, you will get a message saying "PENDING" , Ignore that & click on the Clean button, accept any prompts that appear and allow the system to reboot. You will then be presented with the report, Copy & Paste it into your next post.
Please note: the newer versions of Adwcleaner have a pretty colour display on some versions of windows and slightly different icons. The screenshots are from the older version but are basically the same

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-remove-ads-powered-by-name.1155089/
Relevancy 37.84%

Has anyone been afflicted by this pesky IE7 search engine hijack?
It doesn't seem to be malicious, but who knows - it arrived by devious means! Would appreciate some help or from anyone who has figured out how to remove it yet, beyond the normal settings and configuration checks. Ask returns as default on reboot.

I am using Vista OS.

A:Search Powered by Ask

Hello,

I'm shifting this to the Am I Infected forum because you haven't posted any logs.

Did you install any software shortly before you began experiencing these issues? If so, what were they? It's possible that something like the Ask toolbar was installed along with one of those programs.

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/190882/search-powered-by-ask/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi. I am having problems with USB devices freezing or not being powered at all through my USB ports. I have been looking for an a/c powered hub (USB 2.0 is fine) to power game controllers and the like (such as the Razer Tartarus/ Saitek X52) - they freeze up when I use them together via the PC's USB ports.

But I can't seem to find one that's recommended. Nothing will ever get 100% 5* reviews of course, but comments (on amazon.co.uk) such as 'this device burnt out my motherboard', 'lasted six months then stopped working' and the like are not to be taken lightly! So any recommendations welcome.

Thanks

A:USB hub, a/c powered. Recommendations please?

Only obliquely addressing your issue, but I've been through the same issues in the past and found out that it was really driver issues not a lack of 5V power. With a high-end rig like yours, I suspect you are solving the wrong problem - just my 2?. Have you tried a typical cheapo powered USB block that runs off your PC?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/354298-usb-hub-c-powered-recommendations-please.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Recently a friend's forum has been hacked, he's been able to recover most of it, and there's just 1 problem left. The "hacker" left a message on an "annoucement" that can be seen from the top of every forum section - can anyone please tell me how that can be editted or better yet, removed?

Thanks for the help in advanced - I've been through the control panel for a bit now & haven't figured it out.

A:Invision Powered help please

This depends on exactly what the "hacker" (most of them are mere script kiddies) has done. Could you post a link?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/invision-powered-help-please.50424/
Relevancy 37.84%

I use Firefox and everytime i use it I have constant pop-ups, ads window pop-ups, new tabs open, new windos open, redirects, and ads all over every page i view. The ads all say things like Powered by Name, ADS BY name, AD OPTIONS, and highlighted words all over the page that pop-up small ads when I mouse over them. Please help me remove all of it. I have been Googling it and just cant seem to figure it out myself! PLEASE HELP!!

A:Powered by Name, Ad Options, Ads by Name

Junkware Removal Tool. Please download Junkware Removal Tool and save it on your desktop.Shut down your anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click it and select Run as administrator.The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Please post the JRT log. Adware Cleaner. Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Scan button.When the scan has finished click on Clean button.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.  Adware Removal Tool. Download Adware removal tool to your desktop, right click the icon and select Run as Administrator.Hit Ok.Hit next make sure to leave all items checked, for removal.The Program will close all open programs to complete the removal, so save any work and hit OK. Then hit OK after the removal process is complete,  then OK again to finish up. Post log generated by tool.   ZHP Cleaner. Download and save ZHP Cleaner to your desktop.http://www.nicolascoolman.fr/download/zhpcleaner-2/Right Click and run as administrator.Click on the Repair button.At the end of the process you will be asked to reboot your machine.After you reboot a report will open on your desktop.Copy and paste the report here in your next reply.  Security Check. Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop.Double-click SecurityCheck.exeFollow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document   Minitoolbox. Please download [b]MINITOOLBOX and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Flush DNSReset FF proxy SettingsReset Ie Proxy SettingsReport IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Devices (problems only)Click Go and post the result.   Tell me how things are, if you have any issues let us know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573119/powered-by-name-ad-options-ads-by-name/
Relevancy 37.84%

Notebook does not power. The HP service in Ukraine (company A-Service, Kiev), said that the the issue is in main processor and the motherboard should be replaced, but HP has declined to send it to Ukraine. What should I do, to repair my laptop? Can I buy a motherboard abroad, if your service can not do it?

A:Notebook does not powered

Where is abroad? Where are you now (country)?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Notebook-does-not-powered/td-p/5833944
Relevancy 37.84%

I am trouble shooting my Magicjack and one of the items it recommends is to plug into a powered USB hub because the computer usb may not be providing enough power for the phone handset. I would like to instead put in a "2-Port USB Rear Panel Bracket Host Adapter" Shown in picture. Is this the same thing as a powered usb hub? Will it give me enough power.

Also does this plug into one of those connector ends like plugs into my hard drive or CD drive?

Side note: I am using an old computer with 4 USB's all next to each other and all being used.

Relevancy 37.84%

I have the Yoga 2 11 laptop which is about a year old.  While in use it suddenly powered off and will not come back on.  It has never done this before. It will not power back on.  Any suggestions as to what the problem is and how to fix?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-11-lap-top-powered-off/td-p/3391527
Relevancy 37.84%

i have a computer built from scratch if i have the pci card in the bottom slot it works fine but any other pci slot the moment i activate the card it freezes at least for the following cardsit freezes adaptec Videoh pci sound blaster live wintv pvr i suspect power but not sure i have in a case from compusa watt powersupply K v dragon mobo onboard computer??????? powered under lan amd polomino core pc ram x cdrom memorex dvd rw drive gig samsung hd ati radeon pro mg soundblaster live adeptec videoh pci i have disabled the com port and printer port and the game port on the sound blaster under powered computer??????? the videoh card worked when it was under powered computer??????? in the bottom slot that the sb live card is in now it is in the mid slots and dont work i installed the sb because the video captures are jumpy from the videoh and thought it was sound related from the onboard sound card the sb live card is in the bottom slot now and works fine nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

I have been running this software Tools M-Powered 7 Pro for months Pro Tools M-Powered 7 with no problems until someone recently installed some updates to my computer and unistalled an Pro Tools M-Powered 7 expired McAfee account She also installed AVG We tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software and now it does nothing when I try to open it I am running Vista Home Premium The following is my current HijackThis log I uninstalled the software again before I ran the log Also I cannot get my computer to go to a System Restore earlier than today Thanks dushun Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlcxmon exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer memcard exe C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Windows sttray exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Verizon Wireless VZAccess Manager VZAccess Manager exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search orbitdownloader com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files BAE BAE dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run Windows D... Read more

A:Pro Tools M-Powered 7

dushun said:

I have been running this software for months with no problems until someone recently installed some updates to my computer and unistalled an expired McAfee account. Click to expand...

You don't indicate the problems you are having, but it is most likely because the PC is infected as indicated by O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [lphcrh2j0et9f] C:\Windows\system32\lphcrh2j0et9f.exe
Removing this item will NOT necessarily remove all infections, so I am asking for a Gold Shield to review the log.

As well, I notice you have Uniblue's Registry Booster installed.

You should immediately uninstall this piece of slimeware while your PC is still running. Regsitry Cleaners to nothing positive for a PC and may well be the reason that your R/S no longer works!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pro-tools-m-powered-7.816813/
Relevancy 37.84%

I got a 2.5" external HDD enclosure from a place called www.cooldrives.com to use with a Hitachi Travelstar 40GB HDD. I was under the notion that these 2.5" USB2.0 drives are powered via the USB cable. The enclosure also has the Firewire port and The firewire cable powers up the HDD, but when I use the USB2.0 cable, I need to use the DC power cord that came with it. I wrote to their tech support and this is what they replied with:

if your drive is rated at less than 500ma than it will power from usb

usb.org specification is posted online

I don't really understand the comment. Am I supposed to look for the 500ma on the HDD or on the HDD enclosure specs.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

Relevancy 37.84%

Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date Event ID Task Category Level Critical Keywords User SYSTEM Computer Win Description The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider 7 off unexpectively Win powered Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot Win 7 powered off unexpectively C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Win lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt Win 7 powered off unexpectively lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Any hints Thanks

A:Win 7 powered off unexpectively

When did it happen? Did it happen after you put the computer into hibernation? More details are needed - list everything you can think of that you were doing, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/21891-win-7-powered-off-unexpectively.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello,

My motherboard is Asus H170 Pro , and when i reboot none of the usb (usb 2 or 3) are working. When i make a reset (or power off from button) and open windows again, the usb are working.

Even the devices where are connected permanently (keyboard-mouse) are not working after reboot.

I have try to connect a flash drive with led, and the led is not lit, so there's no current in the usb.

Is there anything that i can do or my mobo is deflective?

Thanks in advanced

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/74869-h170-pro-usb-not-powered.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I have an issue with my current vista installation of Ultimate SP x and my Hiyatek port powered usb -hub I've been looking for similar problem and solutions but so far neither of them have worked The problem is that randomly all usb-devices connected to it will fail Powered hub USB fails and to get windows to recognize them again I Powered USB hub fails need to unplug and Powered USB hub fails reconnect the power and Powered USB hub fails or USB-cable to the hub It's quiet the anoyance to do this and watch while vista takes its time to find your newly connected devices as your party in the game is dying from lack of healing I believe this to be a driver issue I have tried the following without success Remove connected devices and let windows reinstall the hub alone then reboot Install up-to-date bios and chipset drivers Run with different device physical connection setups and different usb-ports Tried hub at other location Win XP x SP Latest Ubuntu both works flawlessly with same setup Checked that the usb-port the hub is connected to actually is usb Removed NFCACHE Worked my way through all Windows Update releases Devices I have connected currently although all are seldom 'used' at once Logitech G Gaming Keyboard Logitech MX Revolution Logitech USB Michrophone Canon Pixma MP Hercules Dualpix HD Webcam Xbox Wireless Gaming Reciever for Windows Sony Ericson w i usb Connector Cable I will continue my quest for a solution as to why my setup seemingly randomly fails from time-to-time I'll try to keep updates coming in case this can help someone else

A:Powered USB hub fails

Why do you believe it's a driver issue?

If you have another computer handy, you may want to try the USB hub over there for a while.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/226972-powered-usb-hub-fails.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi everyone.

When I have finished with my computer I always power down completely(switch off at the socket).With this procedure I have no problem booting,but if I shut down the computer leaving the power still on,it will not reboot until I switch off at the socket.
All I get is a whirring sound from the hardrive.

A:No boot unless powered down.

I would try another socket, preferably one that is not on a switch

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/165746-no-boot-unless-powered-down.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey folks Well big problem here I ve built a new rig and was doing a reinstallation of Windows and I d left my wife in charge of making sure its set to install to the correct HDD She d made a mistake and set it to install on my internal Backup drive which is a Western Digital Caviar SE SATA drive which meant it was to be formatting... powered while off HDD formatted Mistake When she realized she did it wrong during the reformat she restarted the computer HDD powered off while formatting... BIGGER Mistake And now I ve tried see if I could reformat it and possibly recover some data with a partition tool of some kind however dont even think I can get it to show up on Windows even after checking and trying to go to Disk Management to initialize it it doesnt show up It only shows up sometimes when I go to the BIOS after that mishap I ve had it for years with absolutely no problems so is it a possiblility that this mistake may have killed it Any guidance would help in what to do next nbsp

A:HDD powered off while formatting...

You can maybe pull the drive and use a usb sata/ide connector and see what you can salvage.And then reinstall if you can.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdd-powered-off-while-formatting.1043839/
Relevancy 37.84%

could someone tell me if my system is under powered?

phenom II x4 3.5ghz 970
Asus m4a78t-E motherboard
4GB crucial ballistix tracer ddr3 1600
seagate barracuda 1Tb 7200rpm
2x radeon hd 6850 in crossfire
blu-ray burner
cooler master gx 750w
razer lycosa
razer mamba
razer megalodon
2x 230mm led fans
2x 140mm led fans
2x 120mm led fans
cooler master gemeni II cpu cooler

I believe that is everything that runs off my power supply. nothing is overclocked

A:is my system under powered?

I don't see a problem with the PSU. I think it's plenty.

Are you having some problems, or just worried?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/176050-my-system-under-powered.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I ve had my PC for at least months now and it has worked fine The other day when I on stay won't PC powered went to turn my PC on in the morning and it would power up for a few seconds fans amp hdd s whirring before shutting down It would automatically attempt a restart within PC won't stay powered on a few seconds but the PC won't stay powered on same thing happens I opened the case and had a look nothing seemed out of place I have tried it a few times since and it can sometimes come on for a few seconds and sometimes it will boot to windows and stay on for a few hours before shutting down again In a nutshell It powers up for intervals ranging from a few seconds to a few hours I haven t changed anything in the system I have tried a different socket amp cable I have ordered an Arctic Power W to replace my stock W but I m not wholly convinced it will solve the problem Anyone got any other ideas I ll take any simple-stupid suggestions in case I missed something obvious A common answer I have googled is CPU overheating - I highly doubt it is the CPU overheating in this case due to it first occuring within a few seconds and the PC staying on for a few hours at times I have noticed the USB which I use for my mouse freezing during the longer stints that it is working which makes me worry that it is the mobo but the problem occurs whether plugged directly into the mobo or using the case USB at the front so this may be a symptom of a larger problem Thanks for any help nbsp

A:PC won't stay powered on

PSU fixed it, thanks for all your help everyone.

No seriously, I mean it, THANK YOU everyone who helped, bookmarking this page and checking it daily was a priviledge and not a pointless chore.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-stay-powered-on.156070/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi again guys Well I'm starting to replace some lagacy hardware Hub? it USB AC-Powered worth Is an to buy since some of it won't work even on a VM I started with my old webcam the Logitech oldie XD that was inherited to my mom's PC that uses Windows she's so happy with it XD then I bought lil' but nice webcam which is generic I guess Just supported by some site called PixArt com tw with model PAC has integrated microphone and goes pretty nice except for one thing Whenever I try to use it with Arcsoft Webcam Companion with the microphone that is integrated with the cam a message pops out telling me that USB bandwitdh was exceeded looking at the advice seems that my keyboard uses a wired USB keyboard from Microsoft the video camera uses and adding audion from it adds another with the alocated by the system gives still has bandwitdh but meh I tried many solutions including reintalling drivers but still have this issue Reading over google I found that this can be either a power issue USB not giving enough power for this thus giving this Is it worth to buy an AC-Powered USB Hub? message or that my four USB ports use the same hub to give bandwitdh thus not allowing me to use the camera's microphone My best workaround by now was to use my other mic integrated to my monitor wich is an standard mic no USB but sounds awful XD Wondering if this has something to do with power or bandwidth I'm thinking on purchasing an AC-Powred USB hub with its own quot power supply quot but here comes my Is it worth to buy an AC-Powered USB Hub? question If I connect this to my rear USB ports whichever will this thing get its own bandwidth regardless of the current my USB's are using currently My mobo is a PC Chips A G v has USB in the rear panel and nothing else I couldn't find replacements to connect the frontal USB ports and seing the device mannager in the USB part gives what you see in the pic I attach Sorry spanish but I leave a translation below I would like to know exactly which are this devices that are listed specifically since in my laptop I got more than one or two of this for example - Root USB hub Concentrador de Ra z USB Is this the main USB controller some say that if there are two then one uses USB and the other is that true it seems so since my Flash USB stcks are only recognized in one of this things and all are USB - Enhaced PCI to USB host controller Controlador de host de PCI a USB Mejorado Which one is this Here it has of bandwidth reserved for system and nothing connected to it in my laptop has attached the integrated webcamera - Standard USB OpenHCD host controller Controladora de host USB OpenHCD estandar here I find whichever device is connected to my USB ports my keyboard the camera but the flash USB sticks Ignore the USB composite device dispositivo compuesto USB and the Generic USB Hub this last is a self powered hub that I rarely use and the first in my Microsoft keyboard I'm really confused with this S Thanks in advance for your help guys See ya

A:Is it worth to buy an AC-Powered USB Hub?

One of the first things to do there would be plugging the usb keyboard directly into a port on the rear of the case on the main board itself. Most keyboards especially any illuminated models will tend to pull heavier then other usb devices.

As for a small 4 port usb 2.0 hub I've been finding out one made by CyberPower initially found in a retail chain has been quite reliable for a number of other devices including usb flash drives, web cams, usb head sets, usb mics, etc. that won't break the bank! The prices will be different wherever you find one however running up from $18- upto and even over $30-US depending where you can order from.

You can see what this looks like at CyberPower USB Hub 4-Port 2.0 with AC Adapter - 4 x 4-pin Type A Female USB 2.0 USB USB (Upstream) - External CPH420P - Product and Price Information at NextDayPC

A shopping site like amazon.com will often see various prices running higher depending on the vendor. Amazon.com: NEW CyberPower USB Hub 4-Port 2.0 with AC Adapter (CPH420P ): Computers & Accessories

CyberPower also offers a larger 7 port model seen at newegg for $30US. NeweggBusiness - CyberPower CP-H720P High-speed Hub

I wouldn't advise charging cameras or cell phones regularly when plugged into a hub however. The better option for charging when not using the ac charging adapter for any hand helds is plugging into a port directly or only temporarily charging by usb only being the best move! The charging tends to warm things up!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/230996-worth-buy-ac-powered-usb-hub.html