Windows Support Forum

unable to access network properties

Q: unable to access network properties

I am not able to access or change my network settings.

Windows XP Home SP 3

I do the following:

Start > Control Panel > Network Connections. Right click on Local Area Connection and choose Properties.

Then get these error message

"Some of the controls on this property sheet are disabled because one or more other Network property sheets
are already open. To use these controls, close all these property sheets and then reopen this one"

Tried rebooting, tried disabling local area connection then rebooting and re-enabling still no luck.

Only other thing I can think of is that I tried VMWare (new browser version) did not like and uninstalled it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: unable to access network properties

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: unable to access network properties

For diagnostics: Boot in a safe mode with networking and try if it works....Begin tapping the F8 key every few seconds as the system boots up until the screen offering the Safe Mode option appears.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/211109/unable-to-access-network-properties/
Relevancy 84.71%

This is a fairly new install of Windows 8 pro (within the last month), and while trying to set up a static ip up today I found that I was unable to access the network properties or disable the connection in the Network Connections. I am pretty stumped as I am the only user of this computer and from what I can tell have the correct permissions to do so. When trying to check the properties it tells me "an unexpected error has occurred" with no further information.

Has anyone had this problem and found a fix?

A:Unable to access properties of my network connection.

It sounds like you aren't using an Admin account on this machine.

Under Computer Management, Local Users and Groups>Users, you should see your name there, under the Member Of' Tab, you should be listed at a member of the Administrators and Home Users. You can add the credentials if you aren't.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/21814-unable-access-properties-my-network-connection.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello I know this is a long shot I m staying in what s basically a hotel for the next couple months I was properties - Internet to access can't but network, network Connected access no on their free wireless Connected to network, but no Internet access - can't access network properties networks up until a couple of days ago when it just cut off my internet access all of a sudden They have confirmed it s nothing on their end My roommates have had steady access on their computers no problem my iPhone as well I obviously have no access to their modem to make issues more difficult when I right-click any of the network connections a dialog box will appear but all the menu options are blank I can t do anything to the connections except rename them Anything else yields a message box with no message if there s any other way to access the TCP IP properties that would be great Right-clicking the connection and clicking properties is the only way I know of I have tried winsock repair uninstalling reinstalling wireless driver and just about everything else I could think of ipconfig all gives me the following output Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List bc hsia telus net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix bc hsia telus net Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - - - -BB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ee bcd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July- - PM Lease Expires July- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS Adapter Physical Address -FF- - - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP VPN Adapter Physical Address -FF-E - - B-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- - B- -EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap cgocable net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap McMaster CA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EB EB - D- C - B -CDD br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap no-domain-set bellcanada Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FE-CEA - DD-B CE- CA C br D E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E BA - D E- C A-AD -B br E F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c b ecb b c ... Read more

A:Connected to network, but no Internet access - can't access network properties

Appears you are on Vista ( Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001] )

and running from an Admin Login (ie Owner and other than maintenance, you should be using a Limited Account, eg: UAC but solve that latter)

Disconnect from the router
Goto Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections.
Right click on ?Local Area Connection? & click ?properties? option.

scroll and find the Internet Protocol V6
clear the [x] preceeding that line
click ok

get a command prompt (run->cmd) and enternetsh int ip reset
netsh interface ip delete arpcache
ipconfig /flushdns

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-network-but-no-internet-access-cant-access-network-properties.149976/
Relevancy 69.23%

A couple problems:

- unable to a change the program associated with a file type (ex. the .pdf file extension is associated with Word, but the Change/Delete buttons are "grayed out" and I am unable to click on that to fix the problem.

- Cannot open an attachment from e-mails. Error message: "The document name or path is not valid. Try these suggestions. *Check the file permissions for the document or drive. *Use the File Open dialog box to access the document..." I also tried doing a right-click, Save as on the document and was still unable to open it (same message in Word).

I think that there is something messed up with the drive permissions or something in the C: drive. Does this make sense? If so, how do I check/fix it?

THANKS!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-properties-etc.484527/
Relevancy 67.94%

as you can see the properties button does not lit up and remains grey out although i click on IPV4, why is this happening? i was open it a few years ago

A:Unable to configure network properties

Have you done this? Change TCP/IP settings

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/282106-unable-configure-network-properties.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi I was hoping that someone could help me out with this as it s slowly but surely driving me ever closer to insanity Basically I until recently had this nasty spyware that amongst other things locked me out of my task manager as well as the desktop tab in the display properties menu I removed the spyware and managed to get into the task manager by disabling the disabling function in the group policy menu by running gpedit msc However am still not able to get into the Desktop tab The options in the tab are simply greyed out as was previously the same with the taskmanager button When I tried the same trick in the group policy menu by going into User Configuration Administrative templates Control Panel Display option - It made no difference What I have tried is to simply disable all the possible settings there were in the User Configuration Administrative templates Control Panel Display option Is there a different section in the group policy menu which I have to alter or is there some other solution I would be very grateful for any help or possible ideas any of you guys might have as i m completely stumped on this one Ta Paddy nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Hello, I have a Windows 7 Ultimate.

Recently I have been unable to change or even access some settings on my pc. I can't access user accounts- when I click on it, nothing happens. Same with other stuff like my screen saver and sounds. This is also happening when I click on the properties of a file. I right click on the file, click properties and nothing opens. This happens with all files (folders, pictures, documents...).

I have run several antivirus scans on the computer, opened it in Safe mode, done the sfc/scan too. Nothing has appeared to be wrong apart from the above.

A:Unable to access all pc settings and view properties of files

Quote: Originally Posted by chromer

Hello, I have a Windows 7 Ultimate.

Recently I have been unable to change or even access some settings on my pc. I can't access user accounts- when I click on it, nothing happens. Same with other stuff like my screen saver and sounds. This is also happening when I click on the properties of a file. I right click on the file, click properties and nothing opens. This happens with all files (folders, pictures, documents...).

I have run several antivirus scans on the computer, opened it in Safe mode, done the sfc/scan too. Nothing has appeared to be wrong apart from the above.

You should only have one anti-virus. More than one can cause them to conflict with each other.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396100-unable-access-all-pc-settings-view-properties-files.html
Relevancy 66.65%

i cannot access the properties of my network connections, all i get is a popup window
saying "unexpected error has occured"
i've tried microsoft suggestion of registering ole32 and netshell but these did not help.
i've scanned with av and malwarebytes and nothing shows in event viewer at the times i
try to access the properties button of any of my network connections.
please help
thank you for your time

A:cannot access network properties

Dont know if you have a wireless connection or no, but have you read this from microsoft?? Here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272828/cannot-access-network-properties/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello, I just receive my new desktop with a brand new windows 8, after I successfully installed and activated windows it seems I can't connect to my network neither access its properties. I am actually using my phone as a wifi adaptor through easytether and I already tried to (re)install different driver for my Ethernet card but it makes no difference. I don't think easytether could be the cause but I can't connect to any bank website, facebook, hotmail, I can't download and install google chrome and I can't use windows update (I though it could have fix few of the issues). I don't know if I posted this thread in the right place since so many things are malfunctioning but I'll be glad to have a bit of help here. cheers

A:Can't access network properties,can't connect to network

Originally Posted by sogefurter

Hello, I just receive my new desktop with a brand new windows 8, after I successfully installed and activated windows it seems I can't connect to my network neither access its properties. I am actually using my phone as a wifi adaptor through easytether and I already tried to (re)install different driver for my Ethernet card but it makes no difference. I don't think easytether could be the cause but I can't connect to any bank website, facebook, hotmail, I can't download and install google chrome and I can't use windows update (I though it could have fix few of the issues). I don't know if I posted this thread in the right place since so many things are malfunctioning but I'll be glad to have a bit of help here. cheers

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would be most helpful.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28860-cant-access-network-properties-cant-connect-network.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,
What can be keeping me from accessing Network Properties of my Dial-up?
I open the shortcut icon, then right-click on my dial-up, but nothing happens.
I have a working thread going ( in this forum titled Possible Bug? ) regarding a problem with Generic Host Process errors, and need to get into the properties to enable the simple Windows firewall, in SP1. I've tried in Safe Mode too.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you for your time,
patmac

A:Solved: Can't Access Network Properties

You will need to delete and recreate your dial-up connection. Make sure you save any phone numbers that it dials and any usernames/passwords.

I used to work tech support for earthlink, and that was the only thing we could do to resolve this issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-access-network-properties.503478/
Relevancy 65.79%

So on windows 7 when you "Manually create a network profile" and close you can see a list of on networks via the gui and modify them as needed. However i am unable to find this on windows 8 and newer. I know the profile is there via the command
"netsh wlan show profiles" but am unable to get back into the properties in the gui.
Please advise.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/964e429f-678b-4d25-bf88-88d40b7677e5/create-network-profile-then-close-unable-to-get-back-to-properties?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I'm posting this here in an attempt to fix a problem access ok, safe access mode to network - is is internet ok Unable with a laptop with no internet access in normal windows mode I believe I've cleaned all viruses off but need independent verification Spybot S D and MB's AntiMalware both report a clean machine but again would like verification Here's the DDS log and the attach file is attached DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Reason at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Norton On-access scanning enabled Updated A F BC C-EA - - Unable to access internet - safe mode access is ok, network is ok C- C FW Norton enabled C A - A C- AD -A E - C FBF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS Unable to access internet - safe mode access is ok, network is ok System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS Unable to access internet - safe mode access is ok, network is ok eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files Safari Safari exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Documents and Settings Reason Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp hotmail com uSearch Page hxxp www google comuSearch Bar hxxp www google com ieuDefault Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q suURLSearchHooks AOLTBSearch Class ea - - db- f -d ca fb c d - c program files aol aol toolbar aoltb dlluURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO e a - - d f-beae-d a c - c program files common files symantec shared coshared browser NppBho dllBHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c program files spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dllBHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dllBHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO AOL Toolbar Launcher c - cb - a -b f - ea c f - c program files aol aol toolbar aoltb dllBHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch B E dllBHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c program files bae BAE dllTB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllTB AOL Toolbar de c f- - a - b-aa ed d - c program files aol aol toolbar aoltb dllTB Show Norton Toolbar -f - -b -fbee c b df - c program files common files symantec shared coshared browser UIBHO dllTB amp Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program fi... Read more

A:Unable to access internet - safe mode access is ok, network is ok

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/231154/unable-to-access-internet-safe-mode-access-is-ok-network-is-ok/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello I can not get to google chrome network to the Unable access on my Acer Aspire window is it is saying Unable to access the network Unable to access the network Google Chrome is having trouble accessing the network This may be because your firewall or antivirus software wrongly Unable to access the network thinks Google Chrome is an intruder on your computer and is blocking it from connecting to the Internet Here are some suggestions Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall s or antivirus software s settings If it is already a permitted program try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again Error net ERR NETWORK ACCESS DENIED Unable to access the network can you help connect with google chrome I have tried to uninstall google chrome and reinstalled it and it still was the same message I have restored the whole system I have ran a scan to check for viruses And it still is not working I dont know what else to do THANKS IN ADVANCE nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and access window area "local properties" in properties Cannot connection quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv e also tried it jusing the administrator account But it didn t help What is causing this problem and how I fix it Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window.636065/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the access window Cannot in properties" area connection properties "local window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv'e also tried it using the administrator account But it didn't help What is causing this problem and how Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window I fix it Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window-187331.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have two computers on a local network. The first is my desktop computer and the second, a laptop.

When I try to access files from the remote computer, most work just fine. However, I have one folder that will not allow access from either computer that is remote. The message I receive is

You do not have permission to access \\Myname\backupdata. Contact your network administrator to request access.

I have enable sharing on both computers but still get this message.

Is there something else I need to do.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-some-network-files.989562/
Relevancy 55.47%

Trying to figure out what's going wrong here:

Ran across an XP machine yesterday that McAfee SaaS had found 4 pieces of malware on.  Upon deleting all malware the workstation is unable to access the web through browser or its network mounts.

Tried to run ipconfig to ping another machine and I get a message saying" An internal error occurred: request is not supported "
When I go into Network Connections the LAN is still enabled, and it still obtains its IP automatically.  I checked to see if perhaps the malware made a proxy and it hadn't.  Manually reset the winsock and same message appears after reboot.

Also ran Kaspersky Rootkit on it just in case and everything turns up fine.  Any ideas on how to debug from here?

A:Unable to access web or network mounts

Welcome aboard  NOTE 1. Use another working computer to download necessary tools. Use USB flash drive to transfer it from good computer to the bad one.NOTE 2. Install Panda USB Vaccine, or BitDefender’s USB Immunizer on GOOD computer to protect it from any infected USB device.  Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Deskto... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537624/unable-to-access-web-or-network-mounts/
Relevancy 55.47%

I've recently restarted (recently meaning an hour ago) and now I cannot access the internet or my home network. I've tried a system restore from a time when it was still working, but there's nothing. I also tried "ipconfig /renew" but it gave me the following error:

The operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation.

To test if it was a hardware problem i booted my Linux hard drive and found everything working fine.

A:Unable To Access Internet or Network

Hmm, that is odd.

Have you updated your drivers recently?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/279243-unable-access-internet-network.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,
Suddenly, I am unable to connect to a single PC on my home network. The PC shows up when I click on Network, but attempts to access it yield "Window cannot access
\\RACHELS-PC. Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network." I am also unable to ping the PC from my ethernet atached PC. Booting the remote PC allows access at first, but it then fails. Both PC's are running Vista. I am able to gain access to two other PC's on the same home network, both of which are running Windows 7.
Thanks in advance,
s660117.

A:Unable to access PC over Home Network.

Try \\RACHELS-PC\c$ [or whatever the drive letter is].

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/299170-unable-access-pc-over-home-network.html
Relevancy 55.47%

When i try and access a network share windows seems to be searching for files on my HD. Also i cant find the "display run command " option in start menu properties.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/f3122859/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]

A:Help - Unable to access network shares

Hi Leeboy, welcome to the forums.

I'm still very much a noob at networking so can't answer the first question, sorry

I can, however, answer the second....

Right-Click the Taskbar -> Properties -> Start Menu -> Customize, it's about 2/3 down the list

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/23512-help-unable-access-network-shares.html
Relevancy 55.47%

This all started when I was unable to reach my NAS drive (DNS-323) from my laptop. ("The network location cannot be found.")
Trying from other computers was successful...so I know the problem is related to just my laptop.

I started up a MalwareBytes scan and when it reached my ATAPI.SYS file...my AVAST AV popped up with a virus alert. AVAST reported that I have a "Win32:Alureon-FR" located in "C":\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\atapi.sys".

I told AVAST to skip the file (for now) and I terminated the MalwareBytes scan.

What is the best sequence to get this file cleaned up?

A:Unable to access network drives

Hi and welcome.Please follow this: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/ and then post your logs here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs//Barilla

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303292/unable-to-access-network-drives/
Relevancy 55.47%

I can t access anything on the network The computer is Solved: the Unable access to network. a Dell running Windows Vista Home Solved: Unable to access the network. Premium All attempts to access the network fail ping local shares http and other machines cannot access this one Network amp Sharing Center shows a fault between the Home Network and the internet however I am unable to Ping or be Pinged by other computers on the Home Network Other machines on the network are working fine both wired and wireless although the machine in question is wired only no wireless NIC The following items have been attempted some many times in no particular order all producing no change in symptoms not a complete list Network amp Sharing diagnose amp repair reset NIC card Cold boot Last known good Safe mode with networking support Disable stop all non-essential services amp applications including firewall and antivirus Upgrade network drivers Network card Realtek Diagnostic Utility says NIC is working properly Disable NIC in BIOS cold boot enable NIC in BIOS cold boot Disable NIC in BIOS replace NIC with new card Replace network cable Bypass switch amp connect direct to router Bypass router amp connect direct to cable modem Reset IP Stack netsh int ip reset Reset Winsock netsh winsock reset Upgrade Router firmware nice upgrade wish I had done that earlier Re-enable onboard NIC now dual-homed o Observe that new NIC did indeed get an IP address from DHCP different from the onboard NIC which is still using it s age old IP address o Observe that Network amp Sharing Center View Full Map does accurately show both NICs as well as other devices on my Home network including PCs Printer amp Audio Receiver amp Changing where the NICs are plugged in Router vs Switch correctly changes the map and both connections to the network Use ComboFix Use Speed Guide s TCP Optimizer Remove extra NIC card return hardware to original configuration Anyone have a solution to this problem nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

I have pc s a desktop with windows xp pro sp and a laptop with xp pro sp connected to a netgear router The desktop is connected to the router through a wire to Unable network my computers access while the laptop has a wireless connection Both the systems are part of the same workgroup quot MSHOME quot and all the firewalls are disabled I am able to ping the systems successfully by specifying their ip addresses When i click on quot view workgroup computers quot from my laptop i see the desktop icon there However when i click on the icon i receive an error message quot name is not accessible you do not have permission to Unable to access my network computers use this network resource quot Similar error message Unable to access my network computers i receive when i try to access my laptop from desktop Sometimes on clicking quot view workgroup computers quot from my desktop i also receive the message quot MShome is not accessible you do not have permission quot Help needed urgently Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Have configured wireless network as hub (dhcp disabled static IP) since I have a wired network and this wireless connection is task specific.

Network config: router with wired computers attached. Wireless hub ( previously router) connected by cable to wired router.

Using a W2K laptop through the wireless network with a static IP. IPCONFIG shows I am allocated my static IP

If I use wireless I can see my home network and access other computer shared files but cannot connect to Internet. IPCONFIG gives me my static IP address.

If I cable directly to wireless hub (previously router) I can connect to the Internet and also see shared files on computers in my network. IPCONFIG shows a DHCP assigned LAN IP address not the static one assigned to the wireless USB transmitter.

I need help with why I cannot access the Internet.

Looking forward to all your suggestions.

A:unable to access through wireless network

I don't understand "configured wireless network as hub" and "Wireless hub ( previously router)."

But, even though I don't understand your network, I'd guess that your problem of not being able to access the internet via your wireless connection is because when you assigned a static IP configuration you forgot, or assigned incorrect, Gateway or DNS server(s).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-through-wireless-network.439479/
Relevancy 55.47%

I am able to connect with a neighbour's network, but I cannot connect to my own

A:Unable to access my home network

Remote Console

First create a free account with http://www.dyndns.com/
The way this would work is that it uses your ISP static address they give you.
DSL it changes Cable it doesn't

So example say your address was 77.99.56.45 with Dyndns it would be:

http://ashadeepc.home.net

To access your network you need to get Ultra VNC or better..
Remote Console (it's free) but some you can buy with money.

I've done this when I was on a cruise a few years ago, I was able to use the ships wireless lan to the SAT in space then bounce off that back to the main land or my apt at the time main PC. I was really surprise it worked. So if you want and just connect from your friend house to your PC this is one way of doing it.

Another program called Remote Anywhere works the same can doesn't need to use a third party way to access your network. Then you would just use your http://77.99.56.45

For all of this to work you need to open 8080 remote port on your router. Make sure you use user ID and password to access home PC over the internet.

Btw a lot newer routers support dyndns so all you need to do setup the accout with them and just type in the user name, host name and password. Next time you can connect anywhere in the world to your PC. But it does work!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-access-my-home-network.80307/
Relevancy 55.47%

So apparently my dad accidentally uninstalled something on his pc which led to it unable to access the network on chrome and cannot display Web page on ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED the Access Unable network, to IE However the pc is connected by Ethernet cable and it recognises it in the bottom right in the task bar it says connected to network access Local and internet So I went into device manager to check the network adapters and there's two The first is isatap C E BA -C - CC- -C C A It's icon also has a yellow triangle and When I open its properties under device status it reads This device cannot start code And when i click check for Unable to Access the network, ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED solutions it can't find anything The nd driver is Realtek RTL B B Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS and it's status is working properly Unable to Access the network, ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED I tried updating driver software for both and it just come with the result as both drivers are the best driver software is already installed My dad's pc is pretty old it's a windows vista Intel core duo Please help me out I'm so lost been trying to look this problem up but got nothing

A:Unable to Access the network, ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED

Welcome to the forum. Open a cmd prompt type ipconfig /all post results then type tracert 194.119.131.66 post results

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/127197-unable-access-network-err_network_access_denied.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a network setup at my home. I have two desktops (connected via ethernet) and one laptop (connect via wi-fi). I also have a network attached storage device on my network.

I am able to see my laptop and the network attached storage (NAS) device with one of the desktops. I am able to see that desktop and the NAS device from the laptop. The second desktop is unable to see the other desktop, the NAS and my laptop.

I can ping any of the networked devices with the second desktop but am unable to see them in Network Neighborhood or connect to them.

I've checked and all computers have the same Workgroup name. All computers are getting their IP address from the same router. I've tried disabling both my firewall (ZoneAlarm) and Antivirus (AVG) software and am still unable to connect.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Unable to access network resources

For each computer, let's see this.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following two commands:

nbtstat -n

ipconfig /all

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-network-resources.633315/
Relevancy 55.04%

Dear All,

I am working in domain with 30 desktops and one server. Every user is able to access shared folders from every other system as per rights assigned.

But in one system, whenever an user tries to access shared folder he gets the following message:

"\\*.*.*.* is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The account is not authorised to log in from this station."
This message appears for all users including local administrator, domain administrator and users.

All systems can be pinged from this system. Also, all other sytems can access shared folders from this system.

Is there any registry related issue or some hardening issue(uses rights assignment)???
or is there some change to be made in ADS related to this particular PC.

Nitin

Relevancy 55.04%

I recently upgraded my upstairs desktop formerly Windows and my laptop formerly Windows to Windows Since then I have spent hours and hours trying to get them visible to each other on my home private network no homeGroup I have a total of computers on my network upstairs desktop W computers other network unable see/access on Laptop to downstairs desktop W XP Home and laptop W I have now been successful in getting the two desktops to see each other and share files and printing My laptop on the other hand has been a different story The laptop sees the upstairs desktop computer but not the downstairs desktop computer When I try to access files on the upstairs Laptop unable to see/access other computers on network desktop I get an error and run the troubleshooter and it comes Laptop unable to see/access other computers on network up with quot One or more network protocols are missing on this computer quot quot Windows Sockets registry entries for network connectivity are missing quot I can get to the internet on the laptop with no problem If I turn the upstairs desktop and laptop off boot up the laptop FIRST and then the upstairs desktop everything works fine but as soon as I turn the laptop off and restart I get the same issues of not seeing the downstairs desktop and file accessing of the upstairs desktop becomes an issue Any ideas or help would be appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/37095-laptop-unable-see-access-other-computers-network.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Can anyone please tell me why when connecting wirelessly under Windows to a wireless access point I am unable to change the quot Network Type quot from Public to Home thus no connection to the Internet is allowed I cannot change any of the parameters of the network at all Under XP on the same network I have no problems at all I have set up three access points by simply adding additional wireless modems of the same unable Local Network access Home only: set to brand as the primary modem turning off DCHP and U PnP and assigning a unique IP address to avoid DCHP conflicts as I understood it Which Local access only: unable to set Home Network change would I have to make to the access points such that Windows fully recognises each access point Local access only: unable to set Home Network and allow me to assign them to type quot Home quot I don't have the units here I was helping a Local access only: unable to set Home Network friend so am unable to currently provide specific details beyond the fact that they are new ish Netgear modems Thank you

A:Local access only: unable to set Home Network

Have you tried this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160174-local-access-only-unable-set-home-network.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi experts Bit of a head scratcher We have a windows laptop lets call him Lappy which is attempting to access the standard user's share location on a server lets call him Server Server has three shared locations Share Share and Share nbsp The user's files are stored within Share inside a few nested folders All devices are on the same network Lappy can connect to the root of Share and Share but is getting an access denied message when accessing Share WAIT before you start hastily typing away asking me to check the permissions to the share or the NTFS permissions on Share i need to explain the reason this is a head scratcher It doesn't matter what user account is used on Lappy the same result as per above is a network folder shared to Unable access experienced nbsp If I use any of those accounts used on Lappy on my own desktop device or most other devices for that matter Unable to access a network shared folder they are able to access Share Unable to access a network shared folder with no issues This doesn't just affect this one device there are maybe or devices out of many thousand devices with this same or apparently the same issue nbsp I have only had contact with this one so I cannot comment with any certainty on those others that have been mentioned by the techs I have tried adding the user account used and the machine account to the share permissions for Share with no success The device has been removed from the domain and re-added The only workaround that has been used previously is to re-image the device thereby removing whatever the cause was but not finding a solution It does appear to be a machine issue rather than permissions but I am keeping an open mind and am pretty sure I am not seeing the wood for the trees on this one so any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Unable to access a network shared folder

Seems to have stumped the rest of you too.
Though I am happy to report we now have a fix for it!
It was the Offline File Cache that was the culprit.  Something went wrong at some point with the CSC folder on the device in question.

Using the "Let me fix it myself" steps in the following support article to re-format the offline files database solved it in this instance.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/942974

Hope this helps anyone else with the same issue.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/422e99be-4f79-4fe0-b998-fc13005367d5/unable-to-access-a-network-shared-folder?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 55.04%

A few days ago I reformatted a 4 year old computer, which was able to connect to the internet. After reinstalling windows XP and installing the drivers that came with the motherboard the computer still could not detect my network or connect to the internet. I've tried updating the drivers for the motherboard (a nivida nforce 3) but they do not change anything. Does anyone have any idea why the computer wouldn't connect?

Here is the output of an 'ipconfig /all'

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : mark
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0F-EA-8C-C0-95
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 169.254.102.28
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi Guys,

Im hoping someone can advise or point to a good tutorial.

I have a couple of XP Pro machines hooked up to a router, all are getting internet and all are seeing each other in my network computers. But when you click to access one of the network PC's seen in the home netowrk you get an error and cant get in..

Some times its working but mostly its doing this.

I think I have set up the right permissions althought Im sure to be wrong..
I can access the other pc's using FTP so it must be a windows permisssion im mising?

Any assistance in the basic steps so I know I have them covered would be very welcome.
Thanks
Tag

A:Solved: Unable to access XP network drives from XP PC

Turn off any firewalls for debugging. If the firewall is the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone" addresses. Note that some firewalls must be completely uninstalled to stop them from affecting your networking.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

PING each remote computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. Open a command prompt as described above and type.

PING <ip address>
or
PING <computer name>

Where:
<ip address> - is the x.x.x.x IP address
<computer name> - is the computer name

A failure to PING is almost always a firewall configuration issue. Any failure to PING needs to be corrected before you go any farther.

Note: You can obtain the IP address and computer name of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG /ALL. This should work for any Windows version. The IPCONFIG /ALL display will provide a wealth of useful information for debugging your network connection.

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:

COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic.

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.
All computers should be in the same workgroup for computer browsing to function properly. File & Print Sharing has to be enabled on any computer you wish to share files or printers from. You also need to actually share the resource in question from My Computer, right click on the drive/printer/folder, and select sharing.

If you encounter difficulties accessing computers that are visible in Network Places (Network and Sharing Center in Vista), make sure the computer being accessed has an account with the same name/password as the system connecting to it uses to login.

While the default NetBIOS setting is correct for normal network configurations, it's possible for it to be altered, and it costs nothing to make sure it's correct. NETBIOS over TCP/IP must be enabled for normal network browsing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-access-xp-network-drives-from-xp-pc.811718/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hopefully IT on campus here will get around to answering my questions eventually, but in the mean time i thought i'd try to figure this out myself.

About two weeks ago i started having problems connecting to the homepage of my school. I live on campus, and use the school's network. This is the only page that i cannot access. I can get to any other site with no problems, but this one times out every time. I cannot successfuly ping the site from my computer or from online ping sites, but i can access the site on other computers, and no one else is having any problems with it.

The page is my.ccuniversity.edu

A:Unable to access homepage of my campus network

Also, if i ping the site or use tracert, i either get a message that it has timed out, or that 10.10.41.1 reports that the destination net is unreachable. I think this is something weird with the campus network. I cannot ping anything successfully, or run a successful trace to any site.

I can access the page through ninjaproxy.

I cannot access by using a different DNS like open DNS

My IVP6 connectivity says No Internet access in the network and sharing center - I don't know if this is relevant or not.

and this is what i get with ipconfig

C:\Windows\system32>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : BrianCarrigg-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : cincybible.priv

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection 4:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1F-81-00-02-50
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : cincybible.priv
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Marvell Yukon 88E8071 PCI-E Gigabit Ether
net Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-22-68-66-44-BB
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::5d07:f025:6c28:8664%12(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.41.61(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Monday, October 25, 2010 10:52:41 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 10:53:36 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.41.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.20.6
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 268444264
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-13-4B-BB-2E-00-22-68-66-44-BB

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.20.125
Primary WINS Server . . . . . . . : 10.10.20.6
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek 8185 Extensible 802.11b/g Wireles
s Device
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-06-4F-7E-A6-CD

Tunnel adapter isatap.{5B07933A-BBD3-4DF0-A417-B2C791BD0867}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.cincybible.priv:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-access-homepage-of-my-campus-network.155505/
Relevancy 55.04%

Yesterday i turned on my computer to find out that i couldn't access AOL, it always stopped at Connecting to TCP/IP. I am on a wireless network with another computer which can access AOL. My computer reconizes that there is a wireless network and says that it is connected but i can't access the internet through AOL or internet explorer. They main computer has no problems at all which was what the second computer was like only a few days ago. Also i cant connect to my router settings using 192.168.1.1.

Please if anyone knows what i can do please help

Both computers are on Win XP
I have tried Reinstalling AOL and resetting the router several times.

A:unable to access internet on wireless network

If you check the status of your WLAN you'll probably notice it's sending packets but not recieving them. If you have double and triple checked your network settings and firewall settings then....You may want to try simply restarting the router.... I've noticed some wireless routers (linksys in my case) would not take new wireless clients as willingly as i wanted them to. After kicking everyone off the network for a couple minutes my new wireless client was ready to go.
Give that a shot and if it doesn't work then I guess we are stuck with good ol fashion step by step troubleshooting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-access-internet-on-wireless-network.27603/
Relevancy 55.04%

Last week I was unable to access internet or company network. When I came in on Monday my computer logged in fina. It is working slow but okay now. Not sure if there is a virus or some other problem.

A:Unable to access internet or company network

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/378299/unable-to-access-internet-or-company-network/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello today I discovered a problem with my computer and my home network I have computers networked through my Belkin F d - Wireless G Plus router using a Motorolla Surfboard modem In the past I have had no problem sharing folders and whatnot between the but today when I tried sharing a folder with this computer I was unable to access my MSHOME network The other computers are able to interact with eachother just fine and my computer is even listed in their One access home to computer unable network. workgroup When I try to access the workgroup from the non functional computer I get a message saying quot Mshome is not accessible quot Although I am still able to access the internet on this computer it is a little annoying not being a part of my network Any help or tips would be appreciated Edit Let me just add that in my System menu under the Computer Name tab is says I am a part of the MSHOME network nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

I run XP Home on both a desktop PC and Laptop PC. Both connect with 56k modems but since installing a network between the two I've been unable to access the Internet.
The modems on both PCs dialup ok and verify username and password but when MSIE or OE is started there is no traffic; 'cannot find server'
I've tried creating a new dialup connection but this exhibits the same symptoms.
Any other suggestions, please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-internet-after-network-installation.266114/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi again to all, hopefully someone can help me.

I have a network printer which I cannot print to (nor can i ping it) from one machine. The PC is a Windows XP machine (PC_A). The printer is on the same LAN as PC_A. I tried it with another PC, this time a Win7 machine (PC_B ) and the printer doesn't have any problem. From PC_A, i can ping PC_B (and vice versa). However, i cannot ping the printer from PC_A (it's ok with PC_B ). Both PCs are getting IP address from a DHCP server, so i don't suspect it to be a subnet issue. Also, PC_A used to be able to access the printer (I cannot pinpoint what changed, and when it started happening.)

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks.

A:Unable to access/ping network printer

Run the internet repair tool with all boxes checked and then reboot and check issue.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Other-Internet-Related/Complete-Internet-Repair.shtml

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468726/unable-to-accessping-network-printer/
Relevancy 55.04%

I run XP Home on both a desktop PC and Laptop PC. Both connect with 56k modems but since installing a network between the two I've been unable to access the Internet.
The modems on both PCs dialup ok and verify username and password but when MSIE or OE is started there is no traffic; 'cannot find server'
I've tried creating a new dialup connection but this exhibits the same symptoms.
Any other suggestions, please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-internet-after-network-installation.266114/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello, I am having an error message on my Windows Vista Home Premeium Laptop whenever I try to install certain things on my laptop. For example, I try to upgrade my version of iTunes, but I can't because I get a message saying: "Unable to access Network Location %APPDATA%\. I am not sure what this message is, but it won't let me install or uninstall programs. I have tried Windows Installer Clean-up, but when I try that, i still get the same error message. I would really appreciate the help, thanks!

A:"Unable to Access Network Location %APPDATA%\

You might look at this for referencehttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/886549

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/246365/unable-to-access-network-location-appdata/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys and gals I am encountering an unusual issue that I have run out of ideas Let me explain I have four machines on a home network and things have been running great All of to Machine on Solved: One Access Unable Network a sudden as far as Solved: Unable to Access One Machine on Network I cannot tell what might have changed my primary machine has encountered some strange issues For instance Windows firewall settings were disabled as in entirely grayed out so I could not enable or disable the windows firewall Unable to access machine via vnc from other machines on network Solved: Unable to Access One Machine on Network Unable to ping machine via vnc other machine on network Cannot run Synergy Cannot copy files to other network drives My primary machine is acting as though all access has been terminated as far as incoming packets I was able to restore the windows firewall settings and thus disable the windows firewall I have been running Trend Micro Internet Security Suite for the last year which is my AV and Firewall I have ensured all applications and ports are in the exclusions list for the firewall and I have port forwarding setup correctly I can access every other machine except my primary machine from any machine on the network It seems as though I was hit with spyware or a virus almost as if it has disabled some services or other item I have ran scans for spyware using Spybot A-Squared and Trend Micro and all comes back clean I have ran scans for a virus and all comes back clean I have exhausted all my knowledge and resources Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

I have a NAS (WD MyBookLive) which cannot be accessed in Windows Explorer on my brand new Surface by IP address (or name- though that doesn't work on any of my devices for some reason). I can access the config page in my browser by IP, and two other Win10 devices on my network can access the NAS by IP in Explorer fine, and I can access other devices on my network by IP fine on the Surface but for whatever reason only this computer can't access that NAS in Win Explorer.

I just got the Surface yesterday and was able to access the NAS fine, the only thing that's changed is I renamed the device and restarted and since then haven't been able to connect. I've restarted both the PC again and the NAS but no change.

A:Unable to access network drive in Explorer

There are Networking bugs in the latest update. Read all the posts on here. Some solutions we've discovered so far might work temporarily until MS fixes the problem.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/32261-unable-access-network-drive-explorer.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have been using this wireless internet connection for a long time but the other day I went to go online it didn t work Ive tried lots of things but nothing seems to work I m able to acess the same wifi from my phone and it but browser, to to Unable network connected access Solved: works fine so i know its not the actual network its something on my side pics of xirrus Solved: Unable to access browser, but connected to network screenshot amp intel proset config attached here is my ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name tj Primary Dns Suffix Solved: Unable to access browser, but connected to network Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Solved: Unable to access browser, but connected to network DNS Suffix Search List tampabay rr com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix tampabay rr com Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - D- -D - C- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday May PM Lease Expires Thursday May AM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - F- B- D-BD- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday May PM Lease Expires Wednesday June PM nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi First thing first I know this is a long question so thank you for reading I am absolutely tearing my hair out with this one I think Access Solved: Folders Network To On Drive Unable I am way out of my depth trying to solve it on my own so any help would be appreciated I have Windows Vista Home Basic on my laptop I purchased a Network HDD case and installed my own spare hard drive Solved: Unable To Access Folders On Network Drive I set it up the network HDD through the web based program and made a password protected shared folder and a non protected shared folder XP recognized everything and I can access both folders Vista however shows everything in the quot network quot folder but I then click on the password protected folder it prompts me as you would expect for a password and a user name I entered the user name and password No matter what I tried it wouldn t work after hours and hours of searching on the net I found out that I need to change LmCompatibilityLevel in the registry It was on so I changed it to I went to the folder in question clicked on it it prompted me I entered the Solved: Unable To Access Folders On Network Drive user name Solved: Unable To Access Folders On Network Drive and password and to my surprise it worked I tried to open one of the sub-folders clicked on it it starts to load it continues loading and does absolutely nothing Roughly for about - minutes The HDD is not working by that I mean not loading files or anything else while Vista is supposedly loading as I can tell from the usage lights on the back So I try to open the other folder without a password on it I can get into the folder then as with the password protected folder when I click on one of the sub-folders it just loads and loads it never opens it I thought well hold on it did before it must be the LmCompatibilityLevel setting that I changed so I changed it back to and for good measure re-booted the system and it made no difference So I went from passwords not working to not working at all I don t know if changing the LmCompatibilityLevel could have then altered some other setting in Vista somehow But any help would be appreciated Thanks Rick nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Win Computer had issues with not starting It would start the the quot Computer Repair quot routine and run for hours Unable to - Hardware?? network Win7 Internet to Bug Unable access or access any safe mode or last configuration options Although I could re-run Win7 Unable to access Internet - Bug or network Hardware?? the Win7 Unable to access Internet - Bug or network Hardware?? quot Repair Computer quot option - Removed Hard drive from computer and put into an external drive and did a quot ChkDsk quot ran Malwarebytes latest update and AVG Free - Both Scans reported issues and removed them Reinstalled Hard drive and desktops appear and I am able to access programs Issue unable to access the internet Unable to Ping Unable to specify an IP address - I tried to force and IP in the IP When doing a Windows Network Diagnostic - I get a message saying the quot Diagnoistic Policy Service quot is not running - when I access the services - this service is quot Stopped quot and when I click on quot Start quot I get access denied Note sure if there is a network Card issue or a bug I did a Hijackthis log and see alot of quot Missing files quot Note this computer is out of it s own network enviroment and in my shop Not sure if this may be a quot Home Group Network issue or not as well Has McAfee - firwall is turned off Concerned Looking for advice suggestion and or directions Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files x EgisTec MyWinLocker x mwlDaemon exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x Wireless LAN g Pen Size Wireless USB Adapter HW V WlanCU exe C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Acer Backup Manager BackupManagerTray exe C Program Files x Acer Hotkey Utility HotkeyUtility exe C Program Files x EgisTec Egis Software Update EgisUpdate exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Utilities tsg HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www ijji com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp m aspire m amp r m p v w n u p R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C P... Read more

A:Win7 Unable to access Internet - Bug or network Hardware??

Hiya

Sorry for the lateness in a reply, but these forums are very busy

Are you still having this problem? If so, can you rescan with DDS and HijackThis, and post the fresh logs

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-unable-to-access-internet-bug-or-network-hardware.947880/
Relevancy 54.18%

Operating system - gt Windows xp I am currently have my pc connected to the internet through a ethernet cable connected to an eircom wireless netopia router I want to add a linksys wireless access point g version and have it act as a repeater when i ran the set up cd i got the following message The setup utility was unable to locate a wireless g access point on the network All the connections are wireless-g point to network access in locate the Unable plugged in as the wap shows all lights are on When i try and login to the access points home page on its also unsuccessful Am i suppose to set up any configs on the router to let the access point work ive included screen shots of my netopia routers home page and also of config all in the cmd screen C Documents and Settings The man gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name cormac Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Cont roller Physical Address - - - -B - Dhcp Enabled Yes Unable to locate wireless-g access point in the network Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Unable to locate wireless-g access point in the network Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September Connection Information DSL Availableeircom broadband ConnectedUser Name email protected IP Address IP Gateway Primary DNS Server dns cra dublin eircom net Secondary DNS Server dns cwm dublin eircom net Speed kbps Line Attenuation dB Router Information Router Name Netopia Model - Serial Number MAC Address e Software Version r Warranty Date Local Network IP Address Ethernet Connected Wireless Operational Privacy WPA - PSK Wireless ID SSID eircom broadcast nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Before I get to the problem both of these computers network my laptop my Completely unable Solved: to access from are on a wireless network connected to a D-Link WBR router Both computers can connect to the internet without issue I m having a major problem communicating with my laptop from my desktop I used to be able to share files between the computers via a shared folder on either computer Recently I have not been able to see the laptop from the desktop or vice versa When I try to ping the other laptop it times out Same story from the desktop Yesterday I dl ed an Solved: Completely unable to access my laptop from my network ftp server and installed it on the laptop Even with that running I cannot connect to the laptop from my desktop using SmartFTP I had to dig out a wired switch and hook up both computers to it in order to share files between them and while Im doing this neither can access the Solved: Completely unable to access my laptop from my network internet for some reason Windows doesn t allow you to use two separate network adapters simultaneously Anyway this is really getting on my nerves Every time I need to transfer files between the two machines which is often I have to get into the jungle of wires back there and plug it in sacrificing my fan while the files transfer Any ideas TIA nbsp

A:Solved: Completely unable to access my laptop from my network

Failure to ping is almost always a firewall issue. You must have installed some firewall product, or reconfigured and existing one. You need to solve that issue first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-completely-unable-to-access-my-laptop-from-my-network.594255/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello guys I have bought this asus-x ca-kx d laptop and installed unable but access Connected to internet to network wifi genuine windows in it Am able to connect to the wifi network in our hostel but unable to access internet There is that yellow triangle thing on the signal It keeps saying quot unidentified network no internet access I have tried so many solutions online but of no use Please help me guys Thanks in advance This is my ipconfig all details Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users praneeth gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name praneeth-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description n Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b d e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Duplicate Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- C- -DC-E - F- -C - A- Connected to wifi network but unable to access internet F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E F ast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address E - F- -C - A- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B EC B - A - D C-AA - BBB EE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DA C-F D - E -BFC -D C CF F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A - - EEE- - E ED D A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Connected to wifi network but unable to access internet

Hello praneeth3456 . Welcome to the Forums, You say you are at a hostel. Did they give you a password to use to access the internet ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/337089-connected-wifi-network-but-unable-access-internet.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Our networks have Mac OSX 10.4 Tiger computers.
Before our company did the switch and router upgrades, I am able to access a remote machine at IP 210.201.12.20 (altered IP for posting)

After traceroute, I get these results for good and bad machines for comparison.

Good machine:

Admin$: root$ traceroute 210.201.12.20

traceroute to 210.201.12.20 (210.201.12.20), 64 hops max, 40 byte packets

1 210.209.12.1 (210.209.12.1) 1.238 ms 0.551 ms 0.425 ms

2 210.209.254.1 (210.209.254.1) 1.678 ms 1.241 ms 1.097 ms

3 210.209.254.2 (210.209.254.2) 1.174 ms 0.949 ms 0.994 ms

4 210.241.50.33 (210.241.50.33) 194.156 ms 184.046 ms 203.759 ms

5 210.240.1.2 (210.240.1.2) 208.150 ms 199.042 ms 172.366 ms

6 210.255.255.1 (210.255.255.1) 148.200 ms 172.827 ms 189.678 ms

7 210.253.1.3 (210.253.1.3) 200.725 ms 184.572 ms 215.703 ms

8 app.com (210.201.12.20) 179.973 ms 172.189 ms 177.798 ms

Bad machine:

admin$ traceroute 210.201.12.20

traceroute to 210.201.12.20 (210.201.12.20), 64 hops max, 40 byte packets

1 210.209.12.1 (210.209.12.1) 1.562 ms 0.553 ms 0.440 ms

2 210.209.254.1 (210.209.254.1) 1.533 ms 1.201 ms 1.028 ms

3 210.209.254.2 (210.209.254.2) 6.138 ms 0.954 ms 0.907 ms

4 210.241.50.33 (210.241.50.33) 69.614 ms 19.054 ms 23.255 ms

5 210.240.1.10 (210.240.1.10) 35.453 ms 48.921 ms 48.752 ms

6 * * *

7 * * *

8 * * *

9 * * *

10 * * *

------------

Note:
On Intel Mac terminal (Tiger 10.4.11), I ran these commands:

sudo arp -d –a

sudo lookupd –flushcache

And reboot

With no success,
Thanks for any suggestion.

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-remote-machine-after-network-upgrade.764137/
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok so where do I begin I have a mini acer laptop I have never had any problems connecting to my internet access to connected to wireless but unable network still wireless networks before until I connected to wireless network but still unable to access internet returned from Jamaica we did use the hotels access anyhow ever since returning a few months ago I can not connect to my home wireless network we did change routers back in connected to wireless network but still unable to access internet Dec and did at that time have problems as well getting it to connect the router is a Linksys E I have tried over and over again to troubleshoot all problems and areas it tells me I m connected but I still can t load any web pages when I checked further I saw that the IP address was different than the ones on my other laptops so I changed those settings by adding the new IP address I have even taken my laptop to other wireless networks away from my home and I have no problems connecting to any of those what could possibly be wrong Could there be a problem because of the other laptops that are also connecting to the same wireless network I noticed on the other laptop that the physical address as well as the IP address are different than the ones I have on mine those computers run Windows I have XP on my acer mini I have researched so much trouble shooting I don t know where else to try the problem is here in the home network system with the old IP address it would give me an error message of limited or no connectivity now that I changed the IP address it says connected but I still can not access the internet the other laptop and my ipad both connect without problems is it because of Windows XP like I said the other one is Windows and my ipad PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:connected to wireless network but still unable to access internet

Set the wireless to 'obtain IP auto' and 'obtain DNS auto.'

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect. If unsuccessful ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wireless-network-but-still-unable-to-access-internet.1003838/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi - My net book used to connect me to the internet automatically on my home wireless network. Suddenly it has decided not to. I have successfully input the WEP/WAP key and the netbook says it is connected, but when I try to open Internet explorer, it says- oops! Looks like your internet is down. I have not had any problems on my main PC?

What has happened and how do I fix it?http://b.tsgstatic.com/smilies/confused.gif

Thanks in anticipation

A:Connected to wireless network, but unable to access internet

What's the exact make and model of the wireless router, and what version of Windows are you running?
Let's see this from the machine.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

I'd like to see this as well.

Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework. For machines with no Internet connection, download this NET Framework 3.5 Full Package on another machine and transfer it with removable media to the problem machine.
To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wireless-network-but-unable-to-access-internet.952457/
Relevancy 53.75%

This is really beginning to frustrate me. Anytime I try to copy a file from my windows xp desktop to my windows 7 laptop, the download speed will decrease until it finally pops up with a message saying, "the connection to \\computer name has been lost, please check the network and try again. This only occurs when trying to copy over large files. The problem does not exist on my windows xp desktop, I am able to copy over large files from the windows laptop without any sort of problem. I have tried connecting the laptop directly to the router but that doesn't fix anything. Please help! Maybe I could try installing a wireless card in the desktop and put the two computers in ad-hoc mode?

The laptop is a dell 1440 Inspiron and the router is a Belkin wrtg54g.

A:Slow Network Access and Unable To Transfer Large Files

Quote: Originally Posted by michaelking

This is really beginning to frustrate me. Anytime I try to copy a file from my windows xp desktop to my windows 7 laptop, the download speed will decrease until it finally pops up with a message saying, "the connection to \\computer name has been lost, please check the network and try again. This only occurs when trying to copy over large files. The problem does not exist on my windows xp desktop, I am able to copy over large files from the windows laptop without any sort of problem. I have tried connecting the laptop directly to the router but that doesn't fix anything. Please help! Maybe I could try installing a wireless card in the desktop and put the two computers in ad-hoc mode?

Are y ou using "homegroup" for networking? Sometimes on some mixed OS networks homegroup has a problem with connectivity and slow downs.

You can verify if it is the problem by making a new network connection using "workgroup" and see if the problem still exists. If it does not you can disable IPv6 and kill homegroup.
Let us know if you need help

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/85459-slow-network-access-unable-transfer-large-files.html
Relevancy 53.75%

First off this is my first post looks like a great place I have tried other forums and no luck so lets hope you guys can help Now at my work we have a small network with computers sharing files between the others I have attached a network diagram to help explain this better Our Win machine is our main computer that shares an external hard drive with much information that the other computers need to access What we have noticed is either after a sleep or even a period of time of say hours those files are no longer able to be accessed The Win machine is still sharing them but the WinXP machines are unable to access them anymore and my Mac can see the computer is Unable shared period time. to access network after files over of unable to connect to the folders I have gone and attempted to get some help over at Microsofts site but that was a fail Here is the link to Unable to access shared files over network after period of time. the forum post there http social answers microsoft com -b ed cd f A member there gave me this The Network connection is probably not resuming after sleep First try this http www ezlan net Win power save win jpg It is in the Network Connection Properties under the Network card configuration If it already checked this way or does not work after checking the Network card has to be taken out of the computer s Power Saving loop and stay on all the time Otherwise Updating the Card with the latest OEM drivers downloaded from the computer s support site might help too On a rare occasions some cards might be quot Quirky quot in this regards and need to be replaced --I would like to add that this DOESN T ONLY happen after sleep it also happens after a time of being used Click to expand I attempted those Unable to access shared files over network after period of time. and no luck This problem is still occurring and Unable to access shared files over network after period of time. the only way we can fix it is by restarting the Win machine But even if it is being used we have no idea when those files are unable to be accessed I will add that the Win machine is still able to access the other computers when this problem occurs if that helps The Win machine is a Dell T running Windows bit I can provide specific hardware if needed The drivers are all up to date as of yesterday Thanks for any help that anyone may have for me Steve nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I got a trojan the other day that installed a spyware program called Spy Sheriff There was much cursing and swearing but after my trusty version of AntiVir as well as a plethora of spyware programs I managed to clean the system of all viruses and spyware as far as I know My troubles didn t end for long Next I got a fairly common problem where it says quot services exe network a over a shared After virus, the to unable folders access computer's has caused an error Error code Rebooting your computer in minute quot or something along those lines I googled a bit and found that this is often associated with registry keys not matching your actual network setup Anyhow I ran a registry cleaner program and THAT problem seemed to go away Now however my network is all messed up My setup is as follows Two home computers plugged into a router that is hooked up to my DSL modem One computer is called Office the other is called Bedroom The printer is hooked up to Office and is shared Both computers have a few shared folders that the other can access After I ran the cleaner Bedroom is no longer visible on the network Office can t see it in the workgroup and I can t access any shared folders I CAN ping both computers using the IP addresses but After a virus, unable to access a computer's shared folders over the network each computer can t ping the other using the computer s name Each computer can ping itself using both its own IP and name Here s an interesting thing I just found too when I After a virus, unable to access a computer's shared folders over the network open my computer as it should appear on the network by typing Bedroom into the address bar of windows explorer using the bedroom computer I can see the shared folders and printer devices However when I double click on any of the folders to open them it says quot access denied quot with an error message about contacting my administrator Office can access its own shared folders fine so I am fairly confident that the problem is isolated to Bedroom the one that got the virus before So that s ing weird I can t even access the shared folders on Bedroom when typing Bedroom s name into the address bar After a virus, unable to access a computer's shared folders over the network Has anyone had any experience with something like this nbsp

A:After a virus, unable to access a computer's shared folders over the network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-a-virus-unable-to-access-a-computers-shared-folders-over-the-network.530978/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, I'm having an issue with connecting to ragezone.com

On January 17 09, I was viewing this site and when I refreshed it said
Firefox can't find the server at www.ragezone.com.

-This also did not work on Internet Explorer
I checked other sites and they all worked.
I then pinged sites as yahoo.com, google.com, facebook.com .. and I received 4 pings from them each. I pinged ragezone.com and it said 'Ping request could not find host.'

I went to all the other computers on my network, and they could not go to ragezone.com either.

So, I reset my router manually by it out and waiting awhile and putting it back in. This also did not resolve the problem.

Also, my firewall is not on.
Belkin Firmware Version 1.01.03 Boot Version 2.02.00 Hardware F5D8230-4

Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3

A:Unable to access ONE website on any computer/device on my entire network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-one-website-on-any-computer-device-on-my-entire-network.792005/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have been previously able to connect to our wireless Netgear router without any difficulty However now the only way I can get internet access is by hooking up with a cable directly to the Netgear router My son-in-law was able to get my laptop to connect to his wireless Netgear router when I visited him recently During his investigating of my problem he found out that I had mistakenly checked a box that would allow me to pick up other alternate wireless networks in my area When he unchecked the box it still remains unchecked the problem was cleared up and I could access his wireless signal with no problem Now at my wireless unable Windows Dell network. Laptop to access currently XP home when I try to view quot Wireless Networks Available quot --I get the message that I am quot Connected quot Dell Laptop Windows XP currently unable to access wireless network. --yet at the same time the message states that I am NOT connected I had this same message before when I had a box checked for connecting to other alternate wireless networks in my area Can you please help Thanks proverbialwoman nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

First off this is my first post looks like a great place Now at my work we have a small network with computers sharing files between the others I have attached a network diagram to over time. files to period after network of shared access Unable help explain this better Our Win machine is our main computer that shares an external hard drive with much information that the other computers need to access What we have noticed is either after a sleep or even a period of time Unable to access shared files over network after period of time. of say hours those files are no longer able to Unable to access shared files over network after period of time. be accessed The Win machine is still sharing them but the WinXP machines are unable to access them anymore and my Mac can see the computer is unable to connect to the folders I have gone and attempted to get some help over at Microsofts site but that was a fail Here is the link to the forum post there http social answers microsoft com -b ed cd f A member there gave me this Quote The Network connection is probably not resuming after sleep First try this http www ezlan net Win power save win jpg It is in the Network Connection Properties under the Network card configuration If it already checked this way or does not work after checking the Network card has to be taken out of the computer's Power Saving loop and stay on all the time Otherwise Updating the Card with the latest OEM drivers downloaded from the computer's support site might help too On a rare occasions some cards might be quot Quirky quot in this regards and need to be replaced --I would like to add that this DOESN'T ONLY happen after sleep it also happens after a time of being used I attempted those and no luck This problem is still occurring and the only way we can fix it is by restarting the Win machine But even if it is being used we have no idea when those files are unable to be accessed I will add that the Win machine is still able to access the other computers when this problem occurs if that helps The Win machine is a Dell T running Windows bit I can provide specific hardware if needed The drivers are all up to date as of yesterday Thanks for any help that anyone may have for me Steve

A:Unable to access shared files over network after period of time.

Welcome to TSF!

Can you access a shared folder that is on the Win 7 internal hard drive when the folders on the external drive can't be accessed?
Can the Win 7 system access the folders on the external when the networked PCs can't?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-access-shared-files-over-network-after-period-of-time-494045.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Today my roommate apparently used my laptop without my knowledge trying to quot make my wireless network more secure quot or so he says In the process he completely destroyed said network so much for making it more secure and I ended up not being able to use it at all After a call to tech specific website to Unable access one network after wireless update support at my ISP I was able to get it up and running again I can access my email use my P P program and access every website I've tried except for one specific site When I try to access Unable to access one specific website after wireless network update that particular one I get the quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot error page and when I try to investigate further by clicking the quot Diagnose Connection Problems quot button what comes up is quot This website is not set up to establish a connection on port quot World Wide Web quot HTTP quot with this computer quot I have never seen this error message before and I was able to access this particular website with absolutely no problems right up until this afternoon when my roommate fooled with my wireless connection And as I said I can access every other website I want just not this one Could it be simply a matter of the server being busy unavailable or could there still be something screwy with my wireless network Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Unable to access one specific website after wireless network update

If you don't mind me asking. . . which website is it?

~Blade

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/247463/unable-to-access-one-specific-website-after-wireless-network-update/
Relevancy 53.75%

A:Slow Network Access and Unable To Transfer Large Files

Solved!

Simply setup the router using windows 7.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-network-access-and-unable-to-transfer-large-files.923496/
Relevancy 53.75%

Is there something inherent to Windows that prevents it from accessing shares on a domain I know that it cannot join a domain but does that also mean that access 8.1 shares Window unable via to network VPN system connection it cannot access shares which are on a domain My problem is that I have several user that are running windows that are connecting to our network via a VPN The users have domain accounts but their computers as windows cannot joined to the domain So to access network shares they have to use their domain credentials to Window 8.1 system unable to access network shares via VPN connection create a VPN connection Once connected the user can RDP to systems on the domain using their domain accounts so I know that their user names passwords and permissions are correct They can access these systems using the computer name so I don't feel that I have a DNS issue They can see the shares on Window 8.1 system unable to access network shares via VPN connection our file server but when they try to access their departments shared file they receive an access denied message There are a few shares that are completely wide open shared to all users and all departments but they cannot access those shares either You can ping the file server from the the client when they are connected to the VPN but you just cannot access any of the shares So I am thinking that it has something to do with windows and not being able to join a domain but I cannot find anything to explicitly support this thought Other users running a variety different OS windows OSX Linux can all access the shares Window 8.1 system unable to access network shares via VPN connection without any problems via the VPN so I am a little stumped

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/55c84a4b-bbf4-4de5-8c9d-c98b7d4c1343/window-81-system-unable-to-access-network-shares-via-vpn-connection?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a wired network using a modem, router and a switch.
I wanted to add a wireless access point to the network.
I plugged the WAP into the switch.
When I ran the setup cd, I got the following message.
The setup utility was unable to locate a wireless-g access point on the network.
All the connections are plugged in as the WAP shows all lights on.
I also tried connecting to the WAP's IP address through explorer but was unsuccessful.

Am I suppose to setup any configurations on the router to allow the WAP to work.
The router is not setup with a static ip address.

Thanks in advance.

A:Solved: Unable to locate wireless-g access point in the network

The exact make/model of the WAP, router, and modem would be useful here.

You may have to connect the WAP directly to a computer for initial configuration, again without knowing specifically what unit you have, it's hard to say.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-locate-wireless-g-access-point-in-the-network.808845/
Relevancy 53.75%

This is K. Mohan Rajesh

Iam using a Dell Inspiron N5110 laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium x64 bit.
iam unable to access shared folders on my laptop and laptops connected in same wireless network

Please suggest me in getting out of this issue

My Email : [email protected]

A:Unable to access Shared folders on Laptop and laptops on same network

Did you check the firewall settings? and visibility of machines on the network? did you try pinging them?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/326735-unable-access-shared-folders-laptop-laptops-same-network.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi looking for any help with no access denied panel, functions control Loss properties tocontrol of access any cannot control panel and many other issues Previously had some malware and also some virus apparently was removed a long time ago but still I have no access to many functions although I can use the internet Below is a current log thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system Loss of control panel, cannot access any properties denied access tocontrol functions services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS arservice exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Loss of control panel, cannot access any properties denied access tocontrol functions LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c program files timbuktu pro tb launch exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ARPWRMSG EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPwuSchd exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C program files timbuktu pro minitb exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files CyberDefender Registry Cleaner CDregclean exe C Program Files CarMD CarMD exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe c windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar no name - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - no file O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run AlwaysReady Power Message APP ARPWRMSG EXE O - HKLM Run HPHUPD c Program Files HP Digital Imaging D CC - F - d b-A D- B A hphupd exe O - HKLM Run HPBootOp quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Boot Optimizer HPBootOp exe quot run O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPwuSchd exe O - HKLM Run type quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM Run TLogonPath quot c program files timbuktu pro minitb exe quot O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run BJCFD C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Share... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loss-of-control-panel-cannot-access-any-properties-denied-access-tocontrol-functions.907610/
Relevancy 52.89%

Alright heres the setup DSL Modem WRT G Router to whole > router Unable access Linksys configuration, network degrades WRT45G Desktop WinXP Pro SP machine hardwired to router WinXP Pro SP laptops wireless - one with built-in wireless one with a Linksys WRT45G > Unable to access router configuration, whole network degrades Linksys WPC Instant Wireless Network Adapter version WinXP Media Center SP laptop wireless Ubuntu Personal Edition - quot Feisty Fawn quot laptop wireless The router has been set up to use WPA-TKIP encryption on channel with an always-on PPPoE connection it also has an IP of http to avoid an IP conflict with the DSL Modem DHCP Server is enabled with default settings MAC Address Clone is disabled and Operating Mode is set to Gateway Access is set to allow both B and G as one of the WinXP Pro laptops is an older model Toshiba that only recognizes the B protocol that s the one with the WPC card Here s the problem Initially the setup works flawlessly All computers are able to see the SSID connect to the network and connect to the internet The connection is fine doesn t slow down and is overall pretty healthy All computers are able to access http and are prompted with the username password prompt can change settings port forwarding etc Now wait a few days Usually about a week First the Ubuntu laptop starts to get spotty with it s connection to the internet After about minutes the connection to the network starts to fail Sometimes it will see the SSID sometimes it won t - and it s not a matter of moving the laptop It stays pretty much on the same desk and acts as a desktop of the time If you try to access http nothing happens No username password prompt no quot access denied quot message Rebooting the machine doesn t improve the situation Manually entering in the SSID and password don t work either At this point all of the other computers are still able to access the internet However trying to access http with any of the other machines fails Even if I try to access it with the wired desktop machine there is no prompt no error messages just a blank white page with a quot done quot status in both Firefox and IE After about a day or two of this all other machines except for the wired desktop computer will cease to see the SSID and all connections to the network fail No network access no internet access The only machine still connected to the network and the internet is the wired desktop machine What I ve tried At this point I usually power cycle the Linksys router - and viola back to normal As far as settings-side I ve tried changing just about every setting I can that wont break the system I ve tried changing channels changing the encryption changing the IP of the router and nothing seems to fix the problem I ve also looked at just about every forum posting help-reference and how-to and I can t seem to find a solution to the problem or even what s really happening to cause it Normally I wouldn t take issue with having to restart the router It s not a big issue for me personally But I set up this network for someone else and at the end of this month I am moving so I would like to fix and resolve the issue so that they don t have to restart the router every week They are not very tech-savvy people and I don t want to make things more complicated than they have to be At the least it s a minor inconvenience and at the most it s a disaster and a call every week from them asking how to fix it nbsp

A:Linksys WRT45G > Unable to access router configuration, whole network degrades

I'd first upgrade to the latest firmware, and reset to factory defaults and reconfigure. If that fails, I'd have to suspect an issue with the router.

Many times heavy use of P2P does this to SOHO routers, something to consider.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-wrt45g-unable-to-access-router-configuration-whole-network-degrades.602257/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all,
I've some users added to 'Network configuration operator' on Windows 7x64 Pro SP1 and they cannot open the properties dialog of network interface. I've tested the KB2157332 on Windows 7 x64 Pro
without SP1 and it works, but I cannot install it on W7SP1 computer, . I'm looking a SP1 version of the hotfix but I cannot find it. 
I've read
this and
this post but still getting the issue
Any idea to solve it?
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bd6896d1-1e9d-49ac-955a-2492179ed728/network-configuration-operator-cannot-open-the-properties-dialog-of-a-network-interface?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 52.46%

I have just bought a Belkin N1 Vision Wireless Router, the one with the LED message board, anyway it is easy to set up and has WPA-2 security which is a definite improvement on my old router, which wasnt even G level, although it did serve our 2 Desktops and laptop. However the problem is with my Acer Aspire 5610 Laptop, it just won't allow access to my new wireless network. The 2 desktops are fine and were set up on the new security level. There is a red cross against the network when looking on the Laptop. Can anyone advise how I can resolve this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-n1-vision-belkin-router-acer-laptop-unable-to-access-network.816241/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi All,

I am running Windows 8.1 pro. When i try to access a network location on another AD Domain (Non trusted), I get the below error.

Once i add the above path as network drive in My computer it gets mapped and works, Then if i access the path from run it works.
I have tried by FQDN and IP both don't work in Run window.
Can any one assist in finding what is the issue and how do i solve it.

Gautam.75801

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e1e3edc3-19e8-4ca8-b613-f68218333ab4/unable-to-access-shared-drives-located-in-other-domains-via-run-window-but-works-when-we-map-as-a?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 50.74%

Exactly what the title says. When i try to view properties on anything from a desktop shortcut to a disk drive the computer wont let me. No error box or anything it just wont open properties.

I found a question similar to this but the answer required some addres bar in "my computer" (eg. C:/program files/example) but I dont have that on "my computer". Is that another problem? Can it be fixed or will I have to work around it?

A:unable to view properties

Hi Nube, thats an interesting delema. I don't think I have ever heard of this occuring. Let's see if you and I can figure out whats going on here. Now if you right click on a short cut there is usually no properties to click on, but the disk drives should have a properties option. Let's see if its just the short cuts and disk drives or if it's everything. Go to start - control panel. Then click on systems icon. Click on the device manger button. Then choose something in there and right click it. See if you get a properties option there that you can open. Then let me know.

I will monitor this thread throughout the day. If you resolve this problem on your own or with the info I provided please let me know so I can move on to other issues. Also please mark this thread solved using the quick tools option located at the top of this thread.

Thank you
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-view-properties-509016.html
Relevancy 50.31%

somehow I managed to accidently delete a folder of important pictures So I go to trash can and highlight and click restore It goes to my OneDrive file I click Home and Move To My Pictures I go to My Pictures and open the folder and try to share the picture then I try to edit the picture and it says quot An unexpected error kept you from copying the file quot Then error x I have tried to restore from the one drive trash can and even after searching Google for a while and trying several different remedies I found there I still can't access the pictures Even though Windows Photo Viewer can not open the file that is in my pictures the Photo's app will open it but I still can't edit save as or anything else I don't Unable properties pictures, unhide to some in understand why the Photo app can open it but Windows Photo Viewer can't even though the files are saved as jpg other than the properties box being Unable to unhide in properties some pictures, marked hidden However the hidden box is marked it is greyed out so I can't change it How do I fix this Let me know what information I left out because I always forget something LOL

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/66926-unable-unhide-properties-some-pictures.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Anyone know how to troubleshoot this, right click on my computer does not work and there is no System icon in control panel.

Thanks

A:Unable to open computer properties

If you type computer, in the search, by the start button. Dont you get the computer?

Can you drag it to desktop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/143656-unable-open-computer-properties.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have just recently acquired a brand new laptop running Windows 8, and I'm experiencing an issue with editing the details of MP3 files. I can right-click any MP3 to open its properties and access the Details tab, but when I click on the fields for the different tags, nothing happens.

I don't recall ever having this issue on my previous laptop with Windows Vista, so I'm at loss trying to understand what is going on here. I'm not very tech savvy about the subject of permissions and accessibility, but it doesn't really seem to be related to that. The files are listed under my local user directory.

A:Unable to edit MP3 properties in Windows 8

hi, been using a computer to
play mp3's, but never had reason to do what you are trying ,what is it you expect when you fields for different tags [what ever that means]

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/34436-unable-edit-mp3-properties-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I am trying to mount a iso file but the mount option does not show up. So I try to change the properties of the file such that it opens with windows explorer. but I am unable to change the properties because I cant find the windows explorer option anywhere to choose. How to browse to windows explorer and choose it such that I get mount option. I am on a windows 2008 server.

A:unable to mount iso file as i cant change its properties

I don't know about Windows 2008 Server, however Windows prior to Win8 did not have the built-in ability to mount an ISO.
Try "Virtual CloneDrive" by Slysoft. It's a great product and it's free. SlySoft Virtual CloneDrive

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/68081-unable-mount-iso-file-i-cant-change-its-properties.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I can't access drive or folder properties in My Comp. When right click, then Properties - nothing happens! not even a flicker. Why is this? Is it permissions? I am logged on as Admin'r. Have searched everywhere for explanation or fix. Can someone help?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-properties-in-2k-sp3.16146/
Relevancy 49.45%

Problem - I get 'Windows Explorer has a problem, and must close (send report, etc)' message whenever I open 'My Computer' and try and access 'Properties' to go into Tools, etc. This has been going on for some time. Anyone know what is wrong here?
[OS WinXP Pro]
John - 070706-23:48EDT

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi! I have a problem that I've never seen before. When trying to access properties via right click from a specific desktop icon, the shortcut goes straight to the taskbar, but will not open the properties window. I am trying to access the target box. This only occurs on 2 desktop icons. With all other icons on my desktop I am able to access properties. The 2 icons are Phoenix Viewer and Hippo OpenSim viewer. I have recently done a reformat of my computer and this problem has only surfaced from that time. I have ensured that show all hidden files is checked, so am not sure where to go from here to solve this problem. Can you help?

A:[SOLVED] Unable to view Properties in desktop Icon

Try deleting the icons you're having trouble with and then open your START menu, go to ALL PROGRAMS, mouse over the program you're having issues with and right-click it and select SEND TO and then DESKTOP (create shortcut). All we're basically doing is creating a new shortcut to see if your previous shortcut got jacked up somehow.

Good day!

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-unable-to-view-properties-in-desktop-icon-532878.html
Relevancy 49.45%

i am creating a local network of just 2 PCs. 1st one is using windows 7 OS and the 2nd one is using windows 8.1 . Error i am facing is when i click on TCP/IP(v4) properties in 2nd PC(win 8.1 pc) it says that ""In order to configure TCP/IP, you
must install and enable a network adapter card.". 1st pc is working fine and showing shared drives and files in network but 2nd PC is not showing anything in network because id donot allow me to configure IP settings. 
Please Note that i have also connected WiFi connection to my 2nd PC and that connection is working fine and showing all the TCP/IP Properties correctly without showing any error. 
I have disabled Network adapter in Device manager and installed again but nothing happens. 
Help me in this Please
Thank you!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2990769a-8c77-41b4-9f7a-3dc0ae0c39e7/error-while-opening-local-network-properties-in-windows-81-ampquotin-order-to-configure-tcpip?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

One computer on my network is unable to access any shared folders on any computer on the network. When i access any computer from Run cmd(\\PC) a blank explorer window opens and when i enter a shared folder name(\\PC\share), it gives "Incorrect function" error.

When i click on the computer name in the Entire Network list it gives an error saying "The Server service is not started". I checked Server service which is running, i can ping any computer by IP/Name. This computer can be accessed from other computers.(currently using AVG), OS:WinXP

Things that i have done:
1. Tried winsock reset, IP Reset commands

2. Uninstalled/reinstalled NIC

3. Also Ran a Winsock/Tcp repair utility
4. disabled windows firewall

Things that i havn't tried:
1. Formatting

Is there any expert who can help me?? cause i know this is not a common problem.

Please help!!!

A:unable to access shared folders on the network-"Incorrect Function"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-shared-folders-on-the-network-incorrect-function.766147/
Relevancy 49.02%

For sometime now Google Chrome comes out with the "Unable to access network" error, it now appears more frequently. I have check windows fire wall and all seems OK, I have even removed Chrome and re-instated it with no effect. I tried to go to Firebox.com | Not For Everyone. and Chrome was unable to connect, I tried the same address with IE resulting in the same problem. However TOR browser had no problems. Could this be a router problem? or maybe an ISP fault?

Win 7 x64 Ultimate
Chrome Ver 35.0.1916.114
Avast free AV (no firewall)

A:"Unable to access network" error with Google Chrome

You have the same issue in Chrome and IE, correct? The Firebox address is repeatable? Happens every time? If so, use it to test. Boot to Safe Mode with Networking, and see if it occurs there

Safe Mode

If it works there, try a Clean Start and see if you have a conflict

Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

If no help, try clearing DNS and reset winsock

Open an advanced command prompt

Start> In search box type cmd> Right click on cmd.exe in results above and choose Run as administrator

Type in the following, followed by enter for each

ipconfig /flushdns

Enter

ipconfig /release

Enter

ipconfig /renew

Enter

netsh winsock reset

Enter

Restart PC

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/333256-unable-access-network-error-google-chrome.html
Relevancy 48.59%

This has been happening for a while now. It has something to do with my video drivers or card. I will install my video drivers and it will not work. It just doesn't come up, But sometimes, it will work like after a while. I really need this panel for tweaking my video card. Does anyone have any fix for this?

A:Cannot access display properties

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattl148

This has been happening for a while now. It has something to do with my video drivers or card. I will install my video drivers and it will not work. It just doesn't come up, But sometimes, it will work like after a while. I really need this panel for tweaking my video card. Does anyone have any fix for this?

Ever any answer on this? I am having the same problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-access-display-properties-13143.html
Relevancy 48.59%

All of a sudden my computer will not let me delete files out of my C drive It will also not let me access my internet properties or My Computer properties as well It explains it as restrictions on my computer do not allow me to do this and that i should contact my system administrator The problem is i am the system administrator I used the smitfraud eliminator and it deleted a lot of stuff but it said it was unable to access my registry to delete files due to the fact that restrictions on my computer do not allow it I am the administrator so this error does not make sense I also used rats cheddar SUPERantispyware and Rogue Removermy log is belowI am running on Windows XP Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Access Can't Computer Properties My MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot Can't Access My Computer Properties mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXEC WINDOWS ALCMTR EXEC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Updates from HP Program Updates from HP exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXEC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exec Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Documents and Settings HP Administrator Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE L V Z aaw exeC WINDOWS system MSIEXEC exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC WINDOWS system MsiExec exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXER - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net home htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system printer exeO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - Toolbar HP view - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HPDTLK dllO - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAudPropShortcut exeO - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run HPHUPD c Program Files HP AAC FC - F - - DD -EBC C D hphupd exeO - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXEO - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXEO - HKLM Run Reminder quot C Windows Creator Remind XP exe quot O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeO - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXEO - HKLM Run QuickT... Read more

A:Can't Access My Computer Properties

never mind
system restor fixed the problem.
thanks for the advice :]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/109271/cant-access-my-computer-properties/
Relevancy 48.59%

hi guys
i have 2 questions
1- i have 2 geraphic cards and(nvidia and intel) i can easily access the nvidia propertise(for example for open a file by high performance) but i can not access the intel propertise( i saw the page below but non of them worked for me)
Graphics &mdash; How to open the Intel? graphics properties window
please help me?
2- hoe can i know that my geraphic support open GL and 3d?

A:cannot access properties of intel

What Intel Graphics card do you have?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/20698-cannot-access-properties-intel.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

When I right click on a service, the properties window does not display.

The same happens in the eventlog and pretty much every file with .msc

Joel

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-access-properties-in-services-msc-400630.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi everyone,

I've scoured the internet for an answer to my problem and have come up with nothing so I figured I'd post here to get some help. I have a 12 computer network running with a shared printer. To shut off printing capabilities for one day, I went to each computer and went into the printer properties, security tab and clicked on deny permission for printing.

Now when I want to undo that setting, it won't even let me go into the properties or preferences for the printer. It gives me an "Access Denied." I've tried stopping and resetting the spool service but to no avail. I've tried to go through every property and option on the printer server options and the network hub computer to restore access but nothing works. Do I have to completely take down the whole network and make a new one? Any help would be appreciated.

A:Can't Access Printer Properties

Hi, go to start, search and type:- control printers, right click on the returned control printers and select "run as administrator" control panel will open double click on the printers Icon see how you go...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-access-printer-properties-630901.html
Relevancy 48.59%

After an upgrade from 98SE to XP, I cannot access the C drive properties (right-clicking C). File system still FAT32.

Before the upgrade, we unpartitioned the drive and had some FAT errors. C did not show full space. After the XP upgrade, we were able to capture the unallocated space back to C using Resize in PartitionMagic. But we were left with inability to right-click on C (it sends an error report to Microsoft and restarts Explorer).

Will a conversion to NTFS and the resulting new file table resolve the inability to access C properties?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-drive-properties-cannot-access.127842/
Relevancy 48.59%

I need help please. In the last week I have been having strange problems with my computer. First it is a hp laptop model number dv1049cl it has a pentium m processor 1.40 ghz, 480 mb ram with windows xp version 2002 service pack 3. Basically the problems are my delete key no longer works, i can not access internet properties fom control panel it tries to open only to close also I have tried to download hjt with no luck. I have tried downloading from several differnt sites with no luck. Please helpif you can

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-access-internet-properties.775185/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I m a user of XP Pro and seem to have a common problem whose typical solutions can t fix When I left click on the desktop or try and access my Display Properties from the control panel I get the hourglass for a moment or access Display Properties Can't two and Can't access Display Properties nothing further happens I can see the properties option when I left click from the desktop but clicking on it does me no good It s been some time since this feature stopped working and I don t remember being hit with malware or a virus I do use a wallpaper changer I found in a powertoys collection on a Microsoft site I believe I am now using a second version of that software I m able to manipulate my wallpaper but nothing else from the Display Properties I ve been searching the web for advice and found quite a few fixes but none that work for me I ve tried repairing using the systems disk I ve snooped around my registry looking for certain attributes that were not there I ve imported a file into my registry all with no avail My video driver NVIDIA has a piece of software that can change wallpaper Thinking that perhaps they were the culprit I contacted their tech support people who promptly blamed Microsoft bet you heard that before Perhaps the only other tidbit of information I can think of is this is a duel user computer and the other side can access their Display Properties without any trouble Thanks for reading all of this I only mention the steps I ve taken in case you can solve this riddle with my information I ll be more than glad to retake the above steps or take any others asked of me to resolve this Joliver

A:Can't access Display Properties

Hello Joliver375

If the other User has no problems it cannot be a registry problem. It has to be something installed on your Account.
It is a pity you cannot associate it with starting to use the wallpaper changer or another download.

I would start by uninstalling that wallpaper changer. Make sure you have a backup of it to reinstall if it is not the culprit.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-access-display-properties-295692.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Whenever I try opening my computer properties (Right click computer> Properties) the window opens but then freezes and windows explorer crashes before I can do anything. I've tried all means of getting to it like using run and searching wei in the start menu but they all end the same way. I've also tried using the system scan on cmd prompt which didnt fix anything. Also, i dont know if this has anything to do with it but i am also unable to open videos, the same thing happens but with windows media player and pictures just do nothing when i click on them. (If they arent related i will open a new thread for it). I have an HP Pavilion g7.

A:Cant access computer properties

Hmm, that's weird. Have you tried restarting your computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585874/cant-access-computer-properties/
Relevancy 48.59%

If I try to access the tcp/ip settings on my vista pc, to change the DNS entry for example; I get the following error

"Some of the controls on this property sheet are disabled beacause one or more other Network property sheets are already open"

The Connect Using entry is blank and the only item listed is Client for Microsoft networks.

The Install, Uninstall and Properties button are greyed out.

If I try to access my wireless card, I get the same error.

Any suggestions, gratefully received.

Kind regards,

G

A:Unable to open Properties Tab to change TCP/IP settings on Ethernet Port

Login using the administrator account.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/190552-unable-open-properties-tab-change-tcp-ip-settings-ethernet-port.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Today, I turned on my secondary laptop (which hasn't been used in months) was greeted with a start up error which ended up needing to repair the "SYSTEM" boot partition . Now I got the system running but can't get any adapters to work. When I first logged in every network adapter had code 31(could not load driver). I was able to get around that by manually uninstalling each on and letting it re-install. Now each adapter has no properties so there is no internet connection at all. I mentioned the start up problem because I am not sure if the two are related at all.

Any help would be appreciated!

A:All network adapters have no properties.

Hi ben,

Did you install an updated version of the driver or the same one ? What is the exact model of the laptop
To get the model number enter this command

Code:
wmic computersystem get oemstringarray

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/283170-all-network-adapters-have-no-properties.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,
Please Help me to resolve this "ISSUE"

My wireless network Association, tab has changed completely to
Spanish, however, all other tabs remain in English
(authentication, connection). Also on the list of wireless
networks has information in Spanish (see images for details).
Its strange because I've never used Spanish EVER before in
anyway or form on my computer. I also reinstall wireless network
adapter Driver but problem is still There :-(

Please help me
Thanks in Advance
Regards

A:wireless network Properties

Who will help me to resolve this annoying problem!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-properties.980220/