Windows Support Forum

Portable Windows XP Booting issues

Q: Portable Windows XP Booting issues

Hello I am not sure that this topic is in the right section but here goes I have a portable bootable Windows XP Professional SP built with USBoot on my Toshiba GB external USB HDD It works perfectly for when I run virus scanners and cleaning utilities at work as well as do photo editing and d modeling at school The only problem is I ve been able to boot it on every computer that supports USB so far except for my own computer at home My home computer is a Dell Dimension and it does support booting from USB devices I use to run Slax and then Kubuntu off of it and they booted fine off the drive on my home system but it was frustrating to have to deal with their incompatibilities in a mostly Microsoft world Unfortunately now when I try to boot portable windows from it on my home system I get quot Error Loading Operating System quot Windows issues XP Portable Booting which leads me to believe that the Bios is at fault An idea I had was to bootkick it from some CD or use some form of boot loader that points to the USB drive and doesn t fully rely on the Bios ability to boot it But I have no idea how to do that for Windows XP alone or if it s even possible What would be really cool is if the CD could also help with booting it on systems which their Bios doesn t support USB booting But if there s some other way that I can use to make this work I would love to hear about it It s AM and I m tired so I m not sure if I included everything that s needed but Portable Windows XP Booting issues as far as I know that s all I have to say Any Suggestions or Help would be very much appreciated

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Portable Windows XP Booting issues

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Portable Windows XP Booting issues

Hi There

Its actually not a good idea to have windows XP on a portable drive as when you move it to a diffrent PC the configuration of the OS changes to that PC, So I would recommend Installing XP onto your home drive and do not try booting XP from a portable HDD again as this damages the files on the disk as the OS has to install new devices everytime itstarts

What you could try at work is , go system properties , advanced , enviroment varibles and set the following system varibles :Varible Name: devmgr_Show_non_present_devices Varible Value : 1

Now go to device manager and click show all devices (hidden devices) , the one's that are greyed or washed out icons , you could uninstall without affecting your system. This should work

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/231519/portable-windows-xp-booting-issues/
Relevancy 57.62%

I need help,
I was trying to upgrade to windows 7,
but accidently deleted my entire C drive.
and windows xp was in there.

so my laptop wont even start now cuz theres no OS...
so it just says "missing OS"

now..
i have to just reinstall windows XP or windows 7...
but i cant figure out how.

cuz..

1.my cd drive in my laptop is actually broken..wont work.

2.i have a usb..but its only 2GB.

meaning i have one option left,
which is my portable hard drive (30gb).
i can connect it with a USB cord.

so is there any way i can boot off my portable hard drive thru USB.
and install windows xp or windows 7?

PLEASE HELP T-T!!!
thank you!

A:Booting from a USB Portable HD

You would have to go into bios, and see if changing the boot order is an option.
OR have the cd drive replaced in the laptop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/booting-from-a-usb-portable-hd-496687.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have Windows XP Home Edition and one morning I tried to turn my computer on and found that windows will not boot up It goes into a continuous loop and the Windows XP screen will come up where it is thinking but will never actually bring up windows After - minutes it goes back to rebooting I have pressed F to try and change order of boot phases but am not to knowledgeable of what to do there but tried various different things to no avail I have tried Issues Windows Booting to boot in Safe Mode and other options Windows Booting Issues available on that screen but still not able to bring Windows Booting Issues windows up I have not tried to use the CD s yet as I m afraid to lose any files that I have on my Hard drive I am a lost and have tried what I know If there is any help that people may provide please help me My computer is a Compaq Presario Laptop and I had purchased in I know it s old but never had major issues until now

A:Windows Booting Issues

I've had that happen to me before. I asked around here, and got pretty much no answer. I couldn't boot in safe mode, w/o networking, or even in command prompt without it restarting.Mine didn't stop until i re-installed windows. So, instead of losing all your files, do this:Download a version of "Live Linux" (like Knoppix or Puppy Linux). When you download and burn the files to a cd, insert the cd into your malfunctioning computers CD drive. The next time it boots up, it'll boot directly to the linux OS (should, anyway). That way you can save any files you want to. E-mail them to yourself, put them on a floppy/thumb drive, send them to a friend to be retrieved later, whatever.Then, keep Knoppix or whatever Live Linux distrobution you downloaded. It's been a major factor in my computer history, since windows seems to crash about as often as you hit the "F" key on your keyboard. I still have files that are 6 years old, but have had to re-install windows at least 6 times on 2 different boxes.Hope this helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/55963/windows-booting-issues/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello..

I have a hdd, and an ssd. Both have windows installed. However, to boot up from the ssd, I have to have both drives connected so the bios runs the windows boot manager, so I can select to start windows from the hhd or start windows on the ssd.

When I unplug the hhd, the bios removes the windows boot manager, leaving the ssd unable to be booted from.

When just the ssd with windows is plugged in, my computer tries to boot directly from the ssd instead of going through the windows boot manager ending with a non-bootable disk error.

Any assistance so I can remove this old hhd from my pc one and for all?

Thanks a ton guys!

A:Booting Windows from SSD issues..

try this:
1) boot from windows install dvd/usb.
2) Press Shift+F10 for cmd.
3) Type:
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /rebuildbcd

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/booting-windows-ssd-issues-277246/
Relevancy 52.89%

I need help.

I had my MP3 player pluged into my pc via usb cable, near the end of me loading songs onto it, me PC froze then re started, but gets as far as the windows logo and shut down and re starts again this time with options to go into safe mode, safe mode with network, safe mode with c promt, last known configuration and normal mode.

I have tried the last known one and the same thing happens. I can get into safe mode but am unsure what to do from there.

I hope this can be fixed, as I don't have the windows and office discs

A:Windows Xp S2 Booting Issues

hmmmmmmm.....See you posted this a month ago and no response. I posted today a similar problem and have not recd answer so far. This problem must be extremly hard to diagnose or a no brainer and no one told us. . Iam moving on to another help site.

sl2

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/56023/windows-xp-s2-booting-issues/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am having problems with my HP laptop booting back up. I moved my laptop last night from 1 place to another and it shut down. When I tried to boot back up, I received this message:

START WINDOWS NORMALLY

When I hit this message, it tries to boot back up normally and then I get a blue screen that comes up for a quick second that says:

STOP: c0000218 {Registry File Failure}
The registry cannot load the hive (file):
The message pops up so fast that I am not able to read everything on the page.
Then it repeats the whole process over and over.

Please let me know if I need to get more details from that page to determine the malfunction.

Relevancy 52.89%

ok so i had a laptop that i went to boot up and it showed the lenovo logo, then went to a white screen its the first time i have ever seen this issue. Has anyone else come across this bug and have any advise on how to fix it. im trying to fix this without having to do a reinstall if possible any ideas. thank you

A:issues with booting up windows 10 pro

Could be the display driver, have you recently updated this driver ? Do you have a Windows 10 Disc made ? Can you provide exact model number of Lenovo.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/32980-issues-booting-up-windows-10-pro.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My computer would not boot Windows I am getting a error message
"Diskette drive 0 seek failure"
"System volume on disk is corrupt"
what should i do I cant get on safe mode either or run a system restore

A:Windows Vista booting issues

Is there a disk in the floppy drive?
Have you been getting disk errors or strange behavior previous to this error during boot?

If the hard drive is dying or dead you may be able to backup your important data by using a Windows PE boot disk, a linux live CD or something like Norton Ghost.

If you don't need anything on the disk, try to run a drive diagnostic using a boot disk and see what errors, if any, are returned.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-booting-issues-547617.html
Relevancy 52.46%

So I recently installed some windows updates on my desktop and then I started getting some crazy boot errors I would get Kernal stack inpage error or on some reboots I d get unmountable boot volume When I boot up now the CPU gets to the issues Booting Windows with XP Multiple page where it says Microsoft Windows XP and then it restarts itself automatically and Windows XP with Multiple Booting issues then gives me the option to boot XP home edition or Windows recovery console for about seconds and then I get the option to try it in all the safe modes which don t work because it gets stuck at gagp kx sys and then automatically reboots If I choose last know good configuration it just reboots itself It s become a cycle that never stops with the reboots I ve gotten a blue screen that tells me run chkdsk f but if I can t boot xp that does me no good This old desktop didn t come with the installation disk either I ve searched all around but nobody else seems to have this exact issue Any help would be greatly appreciated Chris

A:Windows XP with Multiple Booting issues

I've gotten a blue screen that tells me run chkdsk /f but if I can't boot xp that does me no good.chkdsk (chkdsk /f is one option) can be run from the Recovery Console which it seems, you already have installed on the system to boot into. HOWEVER ... given some of your "crazy boot errors" ... I recommend that you first run the hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic utility, because I suspect your hard drive may be failing.What is the brand (manufacturer's name) of the hard drive in question?To determine the hard drive manufacturer ... there are two ways you could do this:Open the box and read the label on the hard drive (you may have to remove the hard drive to see the label?).Enter the BIOS Setup Menu, and look at the information presented about the hard drive that is detected (if you have more than one hard drive, make sure it is the one that your Windows system is on): It will probably display the model number ... if not the brand name ... and then we can check that model number to determine the manufacturer.
Start tapping the appropriate key (usually the DELETE key) after powering-on the system, to enter the BIOS Setup Menu:
How To Access the BIOS Setup UtilityPlease let us know that information and I will be able to link you to the correct tool to download, and provide instructions to run the test.Edit: Correct BBCode

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/418890/windows-xp-with-multiple-booting-issues/
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm not good with this sort of 8 WINDOWS BOOTING ISSUES NOT & XUBUNTU tech I installed Xubuntu on my LENOVO G laptop I followed a tutorial telling me switch to UEFI mode or something and to make laptop boot from USB I put Xubuntu on my USB All seemed fine but now when I turn my laptop on I can't choose to boot into windows or Xubuntu its just always Xubuntu and a black screen saying grub and the only option on that screen that works is Ubuntu It is such a bad install that Xubuntu did not even have the software centre and so I can't install anything Xubuntu works without XUBUNTU & WINDOWS 8 NOT BOOTING ISSUES having my USB in which is annoying as I would have preferred USB boot into Xubuntu otherwise default windows or windows and xubuntu showing side by side as a dual boot so I can select which one I want to boot into Please anyone help me get back into windows I've XUBUNTU & WINDOWS 8 NOT BOOTING ISSUES read I need a windows bootable usb iso I was lucky to find on Xubuntu desktop a folder by the name of WINDOWS OS And it has files from when I used windows I don't want to lose these files or programs Please help

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/xubuntu-amp-windows-8-not-booting-issues-4608664/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello This is my first post to this forum but hopefully a Booting 2000 Issues Windows good one I have a PC running win k A few days ago it displayed the message Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt lt windows root Windows 2000 Booting Issues gt system ntoskrnl exe Please reinstall a copy of the above file After reading about the problem I decided to boot the computer from my win k CD and select to repair the windows installation from my emergency disk Well that took care of the message displaying but now windows does not attempt to boot at all Here is the twist I have a seagate GB hard drive installed on the PC via a SIIG PCI UltraATA controller card Since this is the case I had to press F when running the recovery CD and insert my controller card driver floppy disk Since the recovery process accurately found and checked my hard drive I figured that would fix everything But now after rebooting it almost seems like it is not even trying to access the hard drive to boot windows anymore After going thru the motherboard BIOS and then the controller card BIOS it seems like it gives up just a blank black screen and perhaps cannot find the hard drive Do I need to re-install my controller card drivers again even though I installed them during recovery when I pressed F and inserted the driver disk If so how and where do I install them I can still get to the hard drive using quot DOS quot in win k CD recovery console so I know the physical connection is there Any help would be greatly appreciated I have alot of data on the hard drive and would prefer not to lose it Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 2000 Booting Issues

Try doing a repair again, frantically hit the f6 key as before to install the drivers. This time do a fast repair and select all three options. I can't recall their names. If you can't see what i'm talking about let me know and i'll do it on a machine at work tomorrow.

Then try to boot to windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2000-booting-issues.18343/
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm having some troubles trying to get Ubuntu bit dual-booted with Windows bit Firstly I burned the latest ISO from the official Ubuntu website to an GB USB formatted to FAT- using Universal-USB-Installer I then restarted my computer and changed the USB boot order to position proceeding to dual and 10 Windows Ubuntu Issues 15.10 booting boot through the USB and then selected the 'Try ubuntu' option The computer successfully launched into the Ubuntu operating system however when I selected the install desktop icon and have confirmed setup installation I am greeted with the following error Force UEFI Installation This machines's firmware has started this installer in UEFI mode but it looks like there maybe existing operating systems already installed using BIOS compatibility mode If you continue to install Debian in UEFI mode it might be difficult to reboot into any BIOS-mode operating system I looked around to find the cause I've tried disabling Fast Boot in the BIOS Issues dual booting Ubuntu 15.10 and Windows 10 and Windows operating system as well as looking for alternative installation approaches using Legacy non UEFI BIOS however the issue still seems to be occurring Could anyone help me with this please can provide more information on request

A:Issues dual booting Ubuntu 15.10 and Windows 10

This tutorial worked for me:

Installing Ubuntu/Linux Mint on UEFI System with Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thr...ndows-8-8-1-10

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/36742-issues-dual-booting-ubuntu-15-10-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I want to install Windows 7 on an HP Pavillion Desktop which happens to have a
Sata Harddisk with an IDE DVDRW.
I set the boot Priority to the DVDRW then the Harddisk and placed the Windows disk on the dvd drive to boot from it.
But it is not booting from the CD as booting still goes to the Harddisk.
My understanding is that SATA takes First Priority.
Well in such a scenario what does one do in order to install Windows?
Please note both drives are detected in the BIOS

Thank you all for your advise

A:Solved: New Windows Installation Booting Issues

SATA doesn't take priority, I've installed Windows 7 numerous times from PATA/IDE drives with a SATA drive.

Are you sure the DVD drive works? Can it read a DVD properly? Also you mention CD, but Windows 7 comes on a DVD.

Also since this is an HP you can press ESC, F10, or F12 and choose a one time boot device rather than changing BIOS boot order.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-windows-installation-booting-issues.1015490/
Relevancy 52.03%

So backstory time I built a desktop and threw in my laptop HDD and installed the proper drivers and everything was perfect Then I decided I should probs get rid of my Music partition and instead integrate it into my main Windows one not even sure why I made a separate partition So I went into another Windows install on a separate HDD and copied over my music to transfer back to my HDD since I don't have enough space on it Then here's what seems to have messed it up I deleted the Music partion which removing partition issues booting after 8.1 Windows was to the Windows 8.1 booting issues after removing partition left of Windows and extended the laptop Windows HDD inside a different Windows drive Now when I try and boot with either System Reserved or Windows as active it takes - minutes on quot Preparing Windows quot after I sign in it just boots to black desktop with a mouse ctrl alt delete pops up right but task manager doesn't open ctrl L also locks the PC It has the same results with Safe Mode with Networking enabled ScanOS shows no Windows OSes I have no restore points made so I gotta figure out what to do I have Pro that I will upgrade to as Windows 8.1 booting issues after removing partition soon as Windows works Windows 8.1 booting issues after removing partition again as the OEM code from the laptop doesn't work on the desktop Honestly if you can tell me a way to keep my programs and Appdata working fine on a fresh Pro install it'll work perfectly

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/64705-windows-8-1-booting-issues-after-removing-partition.html
Relevancy 52.03%

my computer doesn t seem to want to boot however when it does actually boot and run windows it works fine as far as i can tell in the systems configurations all the devices show to be working properly this is my st build and i am learning as i go any useful suggestions would be greatly appreciated note whenever i get the computer booted and running it works fine but when i shut it down and then turn it back on later i have to start all over again i get error messages and a blue screen system specs ASUS M N TD MOTHERBOARD ASUS N- WIRELESS CARD ADAPTER ASUS ENGTS X GRAPHICS dump with issues/crash 7 windows booting CARDS APEVIA WARLOCK WATT PSU AMD PHENOM IIX PROCESSOR ASUS DVD - RW SATA PLUGINS SEAGATE BARRACUDA RPM MB CACHE TB INTERNAL HDD SATA PLUGINS WINDOWS BIT FULL OEM VERSION ONBOARD COOLERMASTER CASE FANS X MM AND X MM error codes are as follows x x fb xfffff f xfffff f xfffff c f x x booting issues/crash dump with windows 7 xfffff a c xfffff a cc x their seems to be different error codes on each unsuccessful boot however when windows does load properly the computer works fine or until i try to download example downloading drivers then i get the blue screen with the crash dump

A:booting issues/crash dump with windows 7

STOP 24 errors...can indicate a problem with either the NTFS file system...the hard drive itself...or Windows file ntfs.sys.I would try the chkdsk /r command equivalent in Win 7, http://www.webtlk.com/2010/02/25/how-to-fi...d-in-windows-7/.If that fails, it's probably the file system or hard drive, IMO.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/347653/booting-issuescrash-dump-with-windows-7/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello...I will start from the begining .

I bought the Acer V5 and tried booting it up...it came with boot-up Linux which means nothing to me so I made a Windows 8 bootable USB and the problems started. First I could'n find the USB and after enabling the Legacy mode it finally found it and booted from it. Turned out the partitions are GPT and as I made the USB MBR it couldn't install so I canceled which I guess was my mistake but there was no other option. After that I created the bootable USB with GPT partition scheme and tried again. Unfortunately this time I got something called GNU GRUB....wth? I googled around and found the commands required for booting - root (hd1,0), then chainloader +1 and finally boot. Then I get the famous The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors with Status: 0xc000000e. Of course tried that couple of more times but still to no avail. I cannot recover or repair as Windows was never really installed, so I don't know what to do....Hopefully someone here would be able to help. Thanks in advance guys.

Petar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-v5-booting-windows-installing-issues.205294/
Relevancy 52.03%

I recently heard about FireFox portable, and I decided to try it. I loved the idea of notleaving files on the computer you're using. Great. I downloaded it, and installed the various add-ons and such to make it exactly like the version I have on my computer. One issue, though. It seems that the add-ons are being saved on the computer tather than the USB drive I have Portable installed on.

Basically, I am asking if there's a way to get those files I have downloaded and amdownloading onto my USB, while still having them work with FireFox Portable? (I think the issue is that the program is telling the files to go to the computer, as that's where FF looks)

A:FireFox Portable issues

I am not entirely sure if it is possible to save add ons to standard portable Firefox, however I have U3 capable flash drive and I use U3 portable Firefox and I have all my add ons, themes, cookies, and more on the drive and they work everywhere on any PC (not vista, go figure)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-portable-issues.99450/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey So I had a problem today in which Windows decided that it wouldn't boot Instead it would just reboot constantly This happened after I heard a ticking repair trying reinstall booting, Issues with Windows Windows and to noise from my computer things started to freeze and so i had to restart When I tried to turn it back on I had the above problem NOW I Issues with Windows booting, Windows repair and trying to reinstall tried to use Windows Repair option that is there by default It loads up the blue windows background gives me a pointer but then doesnt do anything I have a W repair disc I booted to it That too done the exact Issues with Windows booting, Windows repair and trying to reinstall same thing it lets me choose the language keyboard style to use and then sits on the blue windows background and gives me no options Finally I have a full W installation disc that I booted to I tried the repair option and got the same problem as before I also clicked the quot Install Now quot button and it has been stuck on quot setup is starting quot for over minutes now with no hope of it doing anything So currently I cannot repair or install Windows I assumed it was a harddrive failure but why wont my disc based solutiions even work Any help would be great thanks

A:Issues with Windows booting, Windows repair and trying to reinstall

Brumski some system specs mate please that ticking sound sounds like a hard drive to me but without any specs mate it is hard to tell you what to do.

System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/311094-issues-windows-booting-windows-repair-trying-reinstall.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I'm having quite a few issues with my computer and just don't know enough to know what to do or where to start with what the root problem s are or if this is even the right board to post to I just want my computer to a point where it runs well again and to keep it that way Here's some info about my computer I hope it's helpful to start with & Issues Vista...Booting/Fan Slow Windows running Windows Vista Dell Vostro VOSTRO Intel Core Duo CPU E GHz GB RAM -bit Operating Windows Vista...Booting/Fan Issues & Slow running System Here are the biggest issues lately On startup the fan runs really hard and fast almost like an engine revving up It also does it if the computer has gone to sleep after inactivity If the screen is left on the computer will wake itself back up after a period of time and the fan will rev like it does on startup This doesn't seem like a good thing but I have no clue what to do Recently I've been deleting old photos and files that aren't needed and using Slim Cleaner to clean up my computer to help it run better Today something happened after I did a run with the program and I started getting messages every time I navigated to a new page in firefox that said Adobe Flash r or something like it has stopped working I updated my firefox and went to reboot my system and it didn't want to reboot I had to hit ctl alt del to get to the option to go to boot system and managed to get my computer going that way I'm not sure if this is an internet problem or a computer problem our browser has been ridiculously slow and not responding To navigate to simple html pages is even an issue how do I know if this is my computer having trouble running firefox or the internet service What other info is needed to help Thanks for any help you can offer

A:Windows Vista...Booting/Fan Issues & Slow running

Can't anyone help me?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-booting-fan-issues-and-slow-running-707097.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi nbsp I have updated my laptop to inspiron Z to windows on july After upgrading wifi options and wifi settings didn t show up in the settings menu I tried to run dell diagnostic tools but nbsp all the results are shown as nbsp windows issues 10 Dell Inspiron ?? 14Z booting 5423 quot passed quot how could it happen and i thought it might be due to driver issues and tried to re-install the wifi Dell Inspiron 14Z 5423 windows 10 booting issues ?? drivers to my surprise i couldn t nbsp find any drivers in the dell site and nbsp after performing quot detect service tag for driver update quot it says drivers are upto date nbsp So after complete disappointment i rolled back my OS to windows and everything worked fine Again on august st a menu popped nbsp up on my laptop saying your laptop nbsp is good to upgrade as nbsp DELL team tested and no sign of any issues bla bla I thought may be this time the upgrade may work and updated my OS and again disappointed to notice that wifi failed to detect in windows So left nbsp with no option i tried nbsp quot Reset quot option in windows for clean install nbsp This time wifi worked and i am happy and nbsp quot sound quot failed to detect Again ran all those dell diagnostics all the results show quot passed quot Tried to download dell sound drivers from dell site but i could not see anything in the site while running tests in the boot menu i have encountered nbsp blue screen error and from then my laptop failed to boot and i could only hear beep sounds Tried resetting the button underneath the latoptop but no use Any other Z users facing the same issue

A:Dell Inspiron 14Z 5423 windows 10 booting issues ??

Hi douglas, 
      Does  your laptop have warranty?. if so you can call dell support to fix the laptop
sgasrock
I think i have a possible solution by replacing cmos battery. since i don't have warranty and majority of the tech people  bluntly say it is motherboard or chipset failure. please open the youtube link and find a "James C" comment which says he fixed the 3 beeps  by changing a cmos battery
www.youtube.com/watch
I suggest this solution ..only if you dont have warranty and moreover i was thinking to change cmos battery after purchasing it

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19645320
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi All.

I have a 2.5inch HDD inside an external case which is my primary means of carrying my data around.

Everything works hunky dory at home, however when I take it to university, there appears to be a policy which disables write access to the drive as it comes up as a Hard-Drive, whereas other nand based devices come up as removable drives.

Firstly, is it likely that windows (vista) is applying a policy to all hard drives attached to prevent write access (to most folders). Secondly, if so, how do I change the disk so it identifies as a removable drive as opposed to local hard drive.

(In Disk management, the external hdd comes up as a basic disc, whereas my flash drive is listed as removable)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/portable-hard-drive-issues.830597/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello, I would like to dual boot windows xp and windows 7. I currently am using windows 7 but I would like to install windows xp alongside it on a separate partition. I created the partition in disk management in windows seven and I booted from my xp disk and it goes through the beginning processes and then says entering windows setup and then goes to a blue screen saying that my computer needs to be shutdown. Please help me bypass this or something. Thanks.

A:Dual-Booting Windows XP and Windows 7 Issues

You may have installed Windows Seven in the AHCI mode.
XP will blue screen because the AHCI drivers were not installed for XP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/221625-dual-booting-windows-xp-windows-7-issues.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I ran into an issue recently with Dell E with I U CPU and dedicated graphics card The entire system stops responding randomly and gets worse after some time The fix I found was to update the Bios firmware from dells drivers website Released Jan th When attempting to upgrade the bios of the processes will fail A second update to the bios firmware will complete one of the steps needed to update all areas of the bios So update the bios twice back to back After this attempt to boot into windows It will likely still E5570 Firmware Windows Booting issues, Bios Dell Crashes, not work What I found was to shut down unplug the power cord then wait seconds then plug back in This should restore the OS to working condition This happened to Dell E5570 Booting issues, Windows Crashes, Bios Firmware me on brand new machines I attached some pictures that will show the weird issues that were occurring If you have similar issues then its likely the bios You will need another machine to download the bios exe file onto Dell E5570 Booting issues, Windows Crashes, Bios Firmware a flash drive Insert flash drive then when you boot up the computer and see the dell logo push delete a few times until you see the text on the upper right then push f several times until you get in Then go to bios firmware update Select browse then click on the bios exe file you downloaded Takes a few minutes to install the firmware that will fail to complete the first time DO NOT SHUT OFF THE COMPUTER DURING BIOS UPDATE PROCESS Btw these machines were only a few hours old when this started Track pad would not respond properly random windows freezing SSD would not load OS random firmware update failure with no attempt to update Dell E5570 Booting issues, Windows Crashes, Bios Firmware the firmware screen turning purple flickering screen etc Good luck

A:Dell E5570 Booting issues, Windows Crashes, Bios Firmware

this just happened to me after doing the a07 bios update.  it failed on the firmware and then crashed on reboot.  it is now trying to do a repair and that is not working either

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19670741
Relevancy 50.31%

I keep most on my user data on an external USB (IDE) drive, currently with a FAT32 partition.

I plan to convert it to NTFS, and my main concern is with the ACL. I move the drive between 2-3 different XP machines with different user accounts, and I want to make sure that all files are always accessible to everyone, regardless of what computer I connect it to. On my own computer, I want them to appear under My Documents. Also, if my system crashes, I want to avoid the hazard of not being able to access My Documents if the user accounts crash.

How do I set the ACL in Win7 and XP Pro SP3 to achieve the maximum portability as per above?

/Wilma

A:Portable external HD - NTFS file security issues

This might help:
NTFS Security Issues

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/portable-external-hd-ntfs-file-security-issues.140262/
Relevancy 47.73%

If anyone needs flash for portable browsers, go here ---
Portable Adobe Flash Player

Easiest way to use flash for portable browsers. I use on Firefox portable.

The website is of a well known member RejZoR on Wilders & Avast, etc...

https://malwaretips.com/threads/portable-adobe-flash-player-for-portable-browsers.58179/
Relevancy 46.87%

i am looking for a replacement for my fawtly Seagate 500gb with new 1TB Seagate external HD model I cannot decide of buying portable or non-portable. Do branded portable work as good as non portable? The reason i ask is becasue i have Steam games working from faulty 500gb exteernaall HD,so in upgrading to 1 TB will the fact it is portable/non have noticable effect?

Relevancy 45.15%

Has anyone made one or what'd be the best way to have an Antimalware scanner on a USB stick? I know there is Malwarebytes Techbench, so has anyone used it and does it use MS-DOS tool or what?

Cheerios

A:Portable scanners & Malwarebytes Portable?

this? Techbench - USB Malware Detection & Removal

seems just a portable version using both a GUI and a Command line interface.

for portable scanners, you have plenty: Emsisoft Emergency Kit, HMP, etc...

https://malwaretips.com/threads/portable-scanners-malwarebytes-portable.56074/
Relevancy 45.15%

Some software publishers or authors offer both portable and installable versions of their products Kee Pass is one of them Is it advisable to systematically prefer the portable version when running it from a fixed drive and not a thumb drive according to the logic use preferable, Are ? even non-portable for portable apps that if it's possible not to write into the registry it's better not to I often try new software and I'm concerned about long-term stability I install and uninstall a lot using Revo Uninstaller Pro But I've come accross people advising not to use Revo or other fancy uninstallers just to stick to the product's own uninstaller or the Windows function Also I have set C-Cleaner to a daily auto-run In the past I used its registry cleaner quite regularly But some people say it's better not to clean the registry at all So I figured the Are portable apps preferable, even for non-portable use ? more applications could stay away from the Are portable apps preferable, even for non-portable use ? registry the better Is this a correct assumption Are there any drawbacks to portable apps

A:Are portable apps preferable, even for non-portable use ?

HI
I have been using a lot of cleaning softwares too . Registry as well as junk cleaners.
Registry cleaner to me is a good thing as it removes the useless leftovers of programs that are left by their regular un-installer or some deleted files.

ANS1 > I recommended to clean registry as it improves performance and reduce junk in resgitry . So if portables apps dnt have or create these junks in registry then ur assumption is right and i m at your side too because " u dont need to re-install every software when u replace OS as it will work as it is if its PORTABLE "

ANS2 > Portable softwares are better then installed ones .

Above are the answer given as a user , i have used many portable softwares never had any issue just benefits

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/341092-portable-apps-preferable-even-non-portable-use.html
Relevancy 43.86%

So yesterday I decided to try out Windows Vista Ultimate bit since I will be getting an additional GB of RAM to add to my current GB of RAM I use RAM heavy programs such as After Effects etc So thinking it would be simple and easy I installed Vista onto an empty SATA HDD I didn't want to risk my bit Vista tbh and it ran fine then graphical errors started happening crashes happening I reinstalled again was fine then the crashes again Now I cannot even boot into Vista my screen flashes all I Booting Issues see is the cursor on a black background Thats it Booting Issues it doesn't stop until I turn off my computer I would post boot logs or something that might help but I can't even log in I'm thinking maybe its my graphics card Should I perhaps slipstream SP into Vista using vLite Also just so you know this is a completely legit Booting Issues version of Vista bought from Microsoft's online distributor So its not altered or cracked or modified in anyway I just don't want to slipstream SP and waste another DVD for it to not work Specs Mobo Asrock ALiveXFire-eSATA Socket AM PCI-Express DDR CPU AMD Athlon X Dual Core Black Edition GHz Socket AM RAM OCZ GB x GB PC - C Dual Channel Vista Gold Series DDR Booting Issues GPU Sapphire's Radeon X HDD's IDE GB SATA GB SATA GB GB is the HDD I used to install bit on SOUND Creative Soundblaster Audigy SE

A:Booting Issues

Boot into safe mode. Check the device manager for problems. Install latest video drivers. Install the proper chipset drivers for your motherboard and OS.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/159345-booting-issues.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I was Booting Issues on my laptop An Acer Aspire a few Booting Issues days ago I was running Google Chrome Itunes which was downloading a software update for my ipod and I had just downloaded and installed windows Live Another update was in the middle of installing but I am not sure if it finished or not My laptop over heated and after waiting for it to cool down I tried to reboot It would not start to my surprise It got up to the load screen with the scrolling green bar then a black screen showing my mouse pointer appeares and then it goes black A couple seconds later it goes to a screen informing me that Windows failed to start properly and suggests that I do a Booting Issues system repair on it System repair runs and it finds a problem It tells me to run a system Restore which I have several restore points for I have tried them all going back to october th The latest one I have is a system checkpoint and the earliest is for the morning of the problem which installed an update Since System Restore did not work I went and tried to boot into Safe mode none of the options for safe mode worked I then tried to go back to the last Known Good configuration which also didnt work It just kept bringing me back to the system repair screen I clicked on the information and diagnostics and about near the bottom it says that Windows failed to load due to a bad patch I contacted microsoft tech and they sent me an email thinking it was an issue where it gets stuck on a update loop It is not It does not get past the black screen with the scroll bar at the bottom I have a restore disk and tried booting from that It takes me to system repair and still known of those options work I can get intoComman prompt and see that all of my files are still there Is there any way to fix this Tech told me to try to rename pending xml but windows could not find that file Is there a way to find the failed update via command prompt or notepad and remove it Help

I need to give your problem thought, before giving an answer. If you did overheat, there may be major hardware problems.
Until your computer is up and running, please be aware that there are major known issues with ITunes and Vista. Many articles have been published. If you insist on using ITunes be sure that you have the most up to date version.
BSOD, being the most serious
http://gizmodo.com/5047721/itunes-8-...or-vista-users

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284341-booting-issues.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey I had a regular 1tb harddrive and then I got a SSD, added it in and installed windows 7 to 10 on it, kept the stuff on the other harddrive because im still using some things that were on it, now when i boot up it says cannot find operating system and i have to use F11 and choose to use windows 10 from volume/disk 1 and whatnot to boot into windows 10, i'm pretty sure i installed it onto the ssd does anyone know how i can fix booting up because currently i have to use that work-around to even get on my computer. Not sure why it cant just boot from the SSD when i choose it from the selection or why it cant just find it automatically

A:booting issues

The easiest way is to remove all but the SSD, then install Windows to it.
Then, if you want to use the other hard drive, just make sure that the BIOS/UEFI isn't set to boot from it (you can also mangle the boot files so that it doesn't boot, but it's easier just to remove it from the boot list).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588515/booting-issues/
Relevancy 43.86%

My home computer was out of commission for quite some time since April in fact booting up Issues I bought a new PSU Watt and new -pin motherboard that supports the CPU I chose It supports my Q and RAM modules and everything is plugged in correctly However when I boot up my system lights flash on and the fans all spin for half a second and then everything stops Any further attempts to power on the system doesn t even cause Issues booting up the lights or fans to power on for a split second which I assume is my motherboard or PSU preventing me from frying my system by cutting off power entirely I read about Issues booting up this feature somewhere in one of the manuals for the PSU or mobo My computer does not make any beeps of any form Essentially I am unable to get to POST I have tried several other power supplies and none of them work I was told by a teacher a few years ago that some computer parts deteriorate over time if they re not used and I m wondering if this is just a wives tale of the PC world or if it s legitimate Do you guys think it s the RAM or CPU that s not working I have tried other motherboards as well so I don t think the PSU or mobo are defective nbsp

A:Issues booting up

Could possibly be a dead CMOS battery- unlikely if the board is new.
Next I would try to clear CMOS:

clear cmos

Remove power from the system.
Hit the power button to discharge the capacitors.
Move the CCMOS jumper to the clear position- or reset with CMOS button if the board has one
Remove the battery from the motherboard.
Do something else for an hour.
Replace the battery.
Place the jumper back in the normal position.
Restore power and boot up immediately into BIOS.
Select "Load Optimized Defaults" and set the recommended voltage for your RAM
Save & exit.

It could also be a short. You can eliminate this by assembling the basics of the system out of the case (on top of the motherboards anti-static bag and box):
Make sure you are doing the antistatic protection thing.
I usually keep the PSU plugged in at the wall but turned off so that the PSU is grounding the chassis-touching any unpainted surface occasionally will discharge any anti-static buildup.
Ideally the PSU should be checked first-you need a voltmeter for that though- you can effect a quick check if the PSU seems faulty
Disassemble the system -remove power connectors, cards, cables
Remove the motherboard from the chassis and check that you have no "extra" motherboard standoffs connecting the back of the mobo
Visual check of board for burnt/severed traces, blown capacitors, and whether the cooler is definitely seated correctly. If all good the remove the cooler and cpu
Check socket for bent or broken pins-if you check from all angles any bent/broken pins should be apparent. If you have keen eyesight then check the gold contact pads on the underside of the CPU- they should have slight indentations/scuffs from making contact with the socket pins. All good then...
Reassemble outside of chassis with bare essentials for POST
-CPU
-Cooler
-Graphics
-1 stick RAM
-keyboard (pref PS/2 esp. for older boards)
-connect GPU to monitor
Power up. If no POST then recheck with remaining RAM
Retest with remaining RAM sticks.

This is a basic guide for preliminary troubleshooting.

Your next post should ideally include your motherboard and RAM manufacturers and models, unless your next post is entited "thanks guys, I'm up and running"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-booting-up.142456/
Relevancy 43.86%

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if this issue has been discussed a thousand times.

Though after searching, every thing I found the pc is progressing further than what mine is.

For some odd reason, my pc has suddenly been rebooting non stop. If I turn the power off and let it sit for a while, it will load BIOS, then the screen will go black then display a message stating "error loading OS" though if I hit the reset button it will reboot on stop. With out progressing far enough to launch Windows. I tore my place up looking for my windows install disc with no luck.

Is there some way to correct this issue with out a windows install disc, or do I need to break down and purchase another OS?

Relevancy 43.86%

Since February I've had issues with booting up my computer It is a Dell Inspiron I am receiving the Blue Screen of Death constantly with a x b error quite often Through playing around with what came up with hitting the F command upon restarting my computer I was able to boot up successfully but I'm certain I have Issues Booting a bad virus My original intentions upon booting up were to back Booting Issues all of my important files up to an external hard drive but I cannot When I plugged in the hard drive and installed the software it began opening itself over and over again to the point at which over applications were open It didn't stop until Booting Issues I removed the hard drive Also my computer is not recognizing compact disks In my best efforts to find out if there is anything whatsoever that could be done I ran a HijackThis scan Here were the results Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS OEM Mon exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Dell Dell Webcam Manager DellWMgr exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe C WINDOWS system KADxMain exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files Optimum Online Netsurf exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe C Program Files Canon Canon IJ Network Scan Utility CNMNSUT EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Steam Steam exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files Maxtor Sync SyncServices exe C Program Files Safari Safari exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google com ig dell hl en amp us amp ibd R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL http www google com ig dell hl en amp us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO no name - e a-e - fcd- e a- db fe e - no file O - BHO no name - e af d- f- d - -df c bb - no file O - BHO no name - FCDB- - FB- FB -EC A F A - no file O - BHO c - d - b-c - ae f bd - db f- ea - c-b - d c -... Read more

Hello Ragumshnagum

Yes, I think you may have some uninvited guests there

I am sorry but we cannot help you with malware removal in this forum.
Please read ?Virus/Trojan/Spyware Removal Help ? and follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information in the Virus Help Forum
If you cannot complete any step, just miss it out and do what you can, but be sure to include this information in your post.
Please ensure that you create a new thread in the Virus Help Forum; not back here in this one.

Please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/booting-issues-472947.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have windows XP installed onto my desktop. Recently, it has stopped working properly. When i try to boot it after selecting the Safe Mode option, it tries to execute it for a while, but restarts again. Same is the case when i select any of the options for booting(safe mode+networking, safe mode+cmd prompt, start windows normally), it restarts and loops back to the same selection screen. It doesnt even show the windows XP window loading screen, restarts before it reaches there. Any suggestions what could be a solution to this problem? I've already tried re-installing windows XP(without formatting), but to no avail. Should i go ahead with formatting the hard drive and then installing the OS? Or could there be any other solution to this problem?

Relevancy 43.86%

My father has windows XP on his desktop and has had no issues with it until just the other day when he tried to boot his computer and it wouldn't come up with the quot loading XP quot screen after Booting Issues the initial boot screen where it shows your drives and all that good stuff then it would come to a black screen stating to push F to continue there is no cd in the cd drive and nothing the floppy one time it went to load XP then went straight to the black screen again I tried disabling all other drives except the HD and still nothing Could Booting Issues someone help me figure this problem out Is this some type of virus maybe Should we start fresh with a new HD before i forget i should add that he purchased a larger LCD screen for this computer and every now and then it will come up with a blue screen and force a reboot i was thinking maybe the processor or possibly the video card may need to be upgraded due to it being put under stress maybe any help is greatly appreciated

"then it would come to a black screen stating to push F1 to continue"

Is that all it said?

Have you tried booting to the XP cd?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/booting-issues-525422.html
Relevancy 43.86%

months ago I purschased a new system the specs are to as follows Amd ghz Xfx Gefore gt Asus Crosshair Mobo gb Corsair Xms Ram Dvd rw blah blah hd Sound Card Asus Cheap Power Supply I had a old power supply which was in the machine and it died so i went out got a cheap one for which is around One moirning I come down stairs switch on the computer it powers up for - seconds Then turned off So i instanly think must be the cheap power supply so I go out and spend on a Hiper type-r w which are good power supplies I Booting Issues fit the new Hiper type-r still the same problem troubleshooted everything graphics Booting Issues card ram sound card hard drive dvd Still the same Unfortunately the problem is pointing straight at the CPU or MOBO but there only months old and extreamly well cooled with one of the best coolers out there Artic Cooling Booting Issues Freezer Pro Just wondering if someone out there could help me because its really getting me down after spending the best part of on my dream machine nbsp

No, the problem is not necessarily the motherboard nor the CPU. It could be, but unlikely. Dead machines are almost never caused by a bad board or cpu. The Crosshair is a good motherboard, and the AMD rarely fails unless overheated... and your other components look good...

Unfortunately it is more difficult to trouble shoot when it won't boot up...
Some computers are designed to shut down when important things are not right... one of those is the CPU fan. Another is the CMOS battery. And failed memory will stop a lot of computers cold. Power Supplies can be bad upon arrival... even high quality ones can be damaged in shipment.
I would check all of these:
Are all internal cables connected, or do you see something loose. Sometimes cables and connectors fall off sometime after the technician errs.
Is the little green or orange light on the motherboard on?
Power Supply. Does the fan blade turn 1/4 to 3 turns when you press the on button? Can you get access to a power supply checker? They are about $10 -$15 US. Or use a known good power supply borrowed from another machine... not the new one.
CMOS Battery, shaped like a coin in only $3.50 to $5.00 US... or borrow one from another machine. Temporarily trade out the one you have, or just buy a new one.
Memory modules will stop most computers cold when they fail. Test yours in another computer, and one from another computer in yours. This would be a high suspect item in my book.
CPU fan: Is it filled with dust, dirt or hair? Does the fan blade turn 1/4 to 3 turns when you push the on button. They are a bit expensive on an AMD 4600, but you might want to get it tested at a shop or borrow one from another machine.
Video Graphics Cards are high failure items. Trade out yours with another temporarily just to see if the change makes a difference. In our experience, if the memory is good, the video card is the most likely second choice.
Any card found in a PCI slot, if electrically failed, can shut down everything else, so remove them for now... audio card, modem, usb and firewire cards. Then try again.
Power switch... do not discount this as a cause. A bad switch will be difficult to detect, but look it over if everything else checks out.
Hard Drive. Remove yours, and try another... just to see if it changes the boot lights... It will not work totally if it comes from another computer... but try a new one if you can.
If you have a floppy disc drive, unplug the hard drive, and attempt a boot to the floppy using MS-DOS or a Windows 98 or 95 floppy boot disc.
Remove everything you can... down to a simple, low memory video connection, power supply, CPU and fan, and one memory module. Does it boot or make different lights or noises.

Good luck. You should learn a few things when you try all these. Please get back to us with the results, even if it is still dead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/booting-issues.80771/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey guys first time poster here So I hope Issues Booting this question is in the right section of the boards if not I apologise in advance My Issue concerns the booting Booting Issues of my PC When attempting Booting Issues to turn my PC on I do not get any electrical response what so ever No lights sound or anything at all even though its all plugged in correctly I am guessing that it may be a power supply connection issue but honestly have no idea how to diagnose what could be wrong with it The computer worked fine for months on end and this happened all of a sudden about a year ago I have other PC's in which I tried there power supplies but still no avail I've been told that it could be any number of things such as the CPU has died or even the mobo has had it My question is could anyone please tell me anything I could do to test which parts may no longer be servicable so that I dont have to go out and replace the whole thing Any help much appreciated

Not quite sure if I read your post correctly. Did you try another PSU? Do the fans (CPU and/or case) start up? Have you definitely got mains power (try another wall socket)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/booting-issues-344106.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, I've been dual booting two hard drives (1 Vista and 1 XP) for a while now and I decided I wanted to take the XP drive and use it for an extra PC I had lying around. So I formatted the XP drive and hooked it up to my other PC. I changed the BIOS to boot from CD, but the problem is that when it asks me to press any key to continue, it gives me about 5 seconds in which any key I press produces no results, and then tells me "BOOTMGR is missing. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete" to continue. I've tried multiple SATA slots/cables. I've tried multiple USB keyboards/USB slots. I don't believe it's anything wrong with the HD because it works in the PC just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Booting from CD issues

Enter your BIOS, and search for a setting that says something like enable USB support or enable legacy USB etc. Set it to enabled and try again.

If this doesnt work, try a PS/2 keyboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/booting-from-cd-issues-415690.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Just recently I have been experiencing some start-up issues They came out of no where and I can't associate them to specific factor I had hard-reset my laptop because it was running very slowly and click restart didn't do anything As my computer was booting it initiated a Windows Issues Booting Disk Repair which I could not avoid The process took about an hour and reset my system twice The next time my system started it loaded in a Temp user account I reset my computer again to get out of this Temp account It loaded fine A few days later I restart my computer again Once I enter my account password it does not pass the Welcome loading screen and never logs into my account I can successfully login to my account through safe-mode but my computer will no longer pass the Welcome screen when booting normally I have taken steps to backup all important documents through safe-mode so if need be I can reformat However I'd highly prefer not to Any solutions I tried running a disk defrag but it never loads The last time I defraged was about a month ago Thanks

Sounds like damaged profile, which can be overcome.

Fix a corrupted user profile, Win 7 - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494474/booting-issues/
Relevancy 43.86%

I got myself vista64 and have noticed the boot up process is extremely slow, it takes 3-5 mins to boot itself up to Windows. Is this normal? I read somewhere that it's going to be like this for a while until Vista learns the boot process?

I just some how stumbled onto this site and thought I'll ask and sincerely apologies if this has been asked.

What I have noticed is that once my G11 keyboard lights up, it starts to load windows up.

Thanks for the help.

A:Booting up issues

Hello Xiled, welcome to Vista forums!

I believe some have had problems with Vista recognizing G11s.
I'm sure others with experience with them will help if I'm correct about that.
It will speed up as "SuperFetch" learns what to load at startup in anticipation of your needs.

You may also want to have a look at the tutorials at the links below.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/13...boot-time.html

Speed Up the Performance of Vista

Keep us informed!

Later Ted

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/176920-booting-up-issues.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello, I bought a new computer about a month ago and it's been working great. This morning I turned my computer on and the lights flash, and fans start moving, but the computer doesn't go through the normal boot process. I get 0 visual on screens as the computer doesn't even make it to the initial check. Just out of curiosity I unplugged the hard drive, and nothing different happens. Does anyone have any idea what can be causing this? The mother board I have has an on board bios reset button, and I tried pushing it but it didn't help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Eldoret said:

Hello, I bought a new computer about a month agoClick to expand...

Hmm. It might be best to return it under warranty, as it has a HardWare issue.

But just in case:

Pull out the back power cord
Hold the ON button in for 30 secs (dispersing all internal voltage)
Put the power cord back in securely
Turn on

Still the same?
Return under warranty

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/booting-issues.107662/
Relevancy 43.86%

Was having problems booting this machine, so I repartitioned,formatted,and installed XP from scratch. Got through all that smoothly. Still having the same booting problems though. It locks up just after the system screen and I don't even get to the Windows start-up where you can see the progress bar of Windows loading. My hard drive light is on solid when it is locked up. If I use F8 and boot in Safe Mode, I eventually get it to boot after many attempts. Then, I can restart and it will boot normally. If I shut down and try to boot later, it is back to the point where it locks up, eventually will boot in Safe Mode, and will restart normal from there. Any ideas?

A:XP Pro booting issues

This sounds like a hardware problem if a fresh install didn't fix it, perhaps the hard drive is going bad? I would use a hard drive health monitor to check it out, like Sandra. See what comes back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-pro-booting-issues-519188.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi there, I'm experiencing a strange booting issue, and I was hoping someone here might be able to help me out. When I first boot up, the computer will go as far as loading the wallpaper, but that's it. I don't have a cursor, and I don't seem to have any other functionality. Ctrl-Alt-Delete leaves me with a black screen. If I do a hard reset, the option comes to boot into Safe Mode or continue to boot Windows normally. If I choose to load it normally, it boots fine, but if I restart or turn off the computer, it does the same thing again. I thought this might be software-related, so I re-imaged my machine, but this quirk continues. Anybody have any ideas?

Hi James Penner and Welcome.
Can you run the tool detailed here:Windows 7 - Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.I know it says BSOD but it collects other info as well with which folks will maybe able to help you.
I'd also consider running Memtest86+:
Run Memtest86+ overnight, after your computer has been off for about an hour or two so it has a cold start. Let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test.
Note!! Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Test RAM sticks individually. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.RAM - How to Test with Memtest86+Guide to using Memtest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/144502-booting-issues.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Ok this may be difficult to figure out but heres my issue. I recently installed XP Prof Sp3 via usb. with a existing partition with my files on (not a system partition). Once the install was done it had made the existing partition a system partition, and the newly created main partition is set as boot only, so it tries to boot from that partition but doesnt know what to look for. I manage to boot it each time using the usb drive with the windows install files on it. So how can i change it to a primary , active , boot and system partition??

Hi,

You can't change it to a primary partition as long as your booted into windows on that partition and i take it that the Easus PM isn't letting you convert to primary then reboot till it completes that task? So the best thing to do is download GParted and burn it onto a CD or DVD with a program like ImgBurn. Then boot up from CD/DVD. Then your going to have to delete the main partition (not your stuff one obviously), create a new one as primary NTFS, then re-install again to this partition.

Hope this helps

Steve

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/booting-issues-629751.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey Guys I've recently reformatted my computer and purchased some new hardware components Had everything working nicely for about a week until I noticed one of my personal files had been corrupted Went to delete but it wouldn't allow me to Booting Issues delete - so tried to boot into safe mode with networking F Got error message Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG Booting Issues SYSTEM I had Windows running on my E which is my new HDD My old HDD was reformatted and just acting for data storage C I've tried putting in the Windows XP disk I used to install it last week and it Booting Issues was unable to repair due to The system registry does not appear to have an active control set key the system registry may be damaged I've run chkdsk r scans and that wasn't able to resolve the issue I've seen advice which recommended choosing install from the boot disc and then having that repair - but there was no repair option after agreeing to the licence Currently I've got Windows XP fresh install with none of my usual drivers on my C and was wondering if I can just copy the WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM from C to E I can access my E now and see all the files folders but I can't boot into Windows on it Is it possible to do this and will there be any issues Or do you have any other suggestions

boot into the recovery console and run
fixboot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/booting-issues-305960.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Recently my Computer started to have Issues Where is was Slow to Load Computer Specs Gig Memory CPU Intel Chip gigabyte Board Now it take Ten minutes sometimes more to load from Turning on then to get into windows then a further ten minutes to Load my email Now I had this issue Booting Issues XP before XP Booting Issues and I reformatted my drive and put this drive as a secondry But have XP Booting Issues now had to make that drive a primary again It takes forever to do things Transfer Files from One File to another Upload and Download even open programs Now I don t think that it s a hard drive Issues because I ve tried the drive in another computer and no Issues So Last night I cleaned the drive off in another computer Then put it back and went to reinstall Windows the only Issue I have now is that when the computer starts up I ve set it to detect the Cdrom as Boot now it sees that Cdrom and all but wont boot It s not the disk I ve tried it in another computer So please help what do I do I can t figure out what it is Thanks Kim nbsp

A:XP Booting Issues

Drive Diagnostic test: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic7602.html
Sounds like faulty internal HardDrive (might be time to replace)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-booting-issues.111114/
Relevancy 43.86%

I'm having trouble booting into Windows XP. The computer starts up, and when it starts loading Windows all I get is a blank screen. I tried booting in safemode. I tried restoring the system, no luck.

I have a project on there for school, and bad things will happen to me if I can't get it.

Thanks for the help.

A:Booting issues

Some hardware details would help.

You may need to pull the hard drive and slave it to another PC to get the data off, as an example. But the best way would only be known if we knew more about the syste, such as is it a desktop or a laptop...?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/booting-issues.530413/
Relevancy 43.86%

I wasn't sure where to put this since I don't even know WHAT the issue is stemming from so I went ahead and stuck it here A friend of mine called me today and told me her computer would not boot My first thought was power Booting issues.... supply until she told me she can hear a fan running She told me the light on her monitor goes green for a second and then goes back to an amber color My next thought was either motherboard or harddrive until I read somethng online that it could be the monitor if there is power to the PC itself I wanted to run by here first to get thoughts She certainly isn't one to do maintenance primarily because she is CLUELESS on those things even though I've run things by her NUMEROUS times Booting issues.... people like that should not have a computer I swear Spyware a virus etc wouldn't cause a PC to NOT boot at all would it I mean I would guess that stuff would WANT you to boot so Booting issues.... they can watch your every move Hm anyone Thanks

A:Booting issues....

Hi carrie640...

it is more likely a hardware issue of some kind. Things to check are whether all the cables are connected securely at the back. The PSU may well be faulty regardless of the fact the fan spins so that's worth looking into. Also, remove the power source completely and reseat the RAM, GPU and ensure there is no sign of heat damage to the board.

When the machine boots, does the hard drive light come on at all?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/booting-issues-160418.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I have a Lenovo IBM Thinkpad R i with Win XP professional initially I started a thread a while ago indicating booting up issues with my computer I have tried some fixes in the meanwhile as advised by someone but the problems persist I had some bot attacks on my computer userini and wpv and possibly others I tried to manually remove some of the infection and I believe I was somewhat succesful because the userini exe ADS ceased to appear But the computer still kept crashing and now does not boot up even is safe command prompt mode generally I tried installing Windows and in the process formatted my system drive left my data drive as it was During the installation the computer restarted once and the second time it tried the thing got stuck The screen shows the windows starting sign and freezes there Some one recommended me to get Parted Magic and remove the partition and retry the installation I then removed the partition erased the disk entirely and then retried the installation This time the installation got past reboots issues Booting and was almost finished when probably the last reboot failed same thing as always Please do Booting issues advise if this could have been a BIOS issue I have never updated my BIOS in the year and a half that I had my laptop for After this the parted magic CD also failed to start up even in its failsafe mode

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/booting-issues-501329.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Built a new machine including Intell D865PERLK mb, 2.4 CPU & W2K os. I have problems about 30% of the time when booting, it will keep cycling through the boot sequence & never actually boot. Sometimes it will boot without the graphics drivers. Have to reboot a couple of times until it comes up good. I have swapped out the hard drive & reloaded os but still have issues. Where do I start with swapping out hardware, ram, cpu, mb? Any help would be great.

It seems your problem is graphics related so can you supply info on card, drivers and bios settings relating to it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/booting-issues.9610/
Relevancy 43.86%

All righty then First time on Tech Support Guy continuing my thread on PCWorld In the past few days I ve received and built my new rig for mid-range gaming However I ve been getting two particular errors the inability to receive visuals and the lack of any beeping whatsoever I ve tried resetting my CMOS and switched out everything from my new card to my RAM I ve whittled it down to either my Motherboard my CPU or my inability to connect everything properly I ve rebuilt tested only the essentials and gone through every manual at least sixteen times Here are my new specs Graphics SAPPHIRE Radeon HD mb PCIe x Motherboard MSI -G AM Compatible DDR Support ATX build CPU AMD Phenom II Dual Core processor AM Socket CPU Cooling Cooler Master Hyper Plus AM Compatible HDD quot Samsung RPM Bare Drive RAM stick of Corsair Gaming GB DDR Power Supply Recycled Watt recycled from my old build so unsure of specific specs I m just wondering if there s anything I can try before I have to leave them somewhere Issues Booting for testing I welcome any suggestions Thank you for your time nbsp

Hmm. It could be a power problem. If the power supply doesn't have enough watts or not enough amps on the 12v rail for the graphic card.
Does anything comes up when you turn the computer on or does it stay blank?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/booting-issues.970655/
Relevancy 43.86%

Alright so I made a windows 7 bootable dvd and inserted it into the laptop and tried to boot it and I received the error ' CD/DVD HL-DT-STDVDRAM GT30N is failed'. What exactly is the problem?

Quote: Originally Posted by darkownage

Alright so I made a windows 7 bootable dvd and inserted it into the laptop and tried to boot it and I received the error ' CD/DVD HL-DT-STDVDRAM GT30N is failed'. What exactly is the problem?

Did you perhaps make a mistake making the bootable dvd? Also i recommend you use a 4 gb empty usb and rufus to create a windows 7 usb as its faster and you dont make mistakes through it. Can you tell me how you made the bootable dvd.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344411-booting-issues.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My laptop is have severe errors with boot up amongst other things and I was wondering if you could potentially diagnose the issue When I first boot up my OS windows on my pc the hard drive begins spinning up and then it just slows booting? with Issues down this happens - times taking total about - sec Issues with booting? longer than normal Issues with booting? before it maintains itself this is about a frequency occurrence Then when I reach my user icon and enter my password I am stuck waiting the quot welcome quot screen for - minutes If the OS then loads only successful about of the time otherwise it resets itself to repeat the process success in safe mode with networking the Issues with booting? computer works completely fine that is unless it is worked harder than a minimal amount e g when downloading a program if i set the download to open when it is complete instead of waiting to click quot open document quot when it is fully downloaded then the computer completely freezes and the only way to fix the freeze it to remove the power source which of course leaves me with the same boot issue as before nbsp

A:Issues with booting?

make and model

do you use it on a hard flat surface

check your temperatures

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issues-with-booting.1092141/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,
I have a HP Pavilion Home Premium Vista computer and I saw a blue screen last week after watching a Youtube video. I proceeded to go into safe mode and try to delete a few things.Now my computer has been in a reboot loop ever since. It won't load to my login screen anymore. I can't get into safe mode anymore.I have inserted the recovery disk but when I try to restore my computer,it can't find my hard disk. The operating system is blank.Please advise me anyway you can.Thank you.

Relevancy 43.86%

Ok my PC as I press the button reads CD rom, HD, floppy etc. But I hear no beep. There fore no BIOS oor moniotor read. What is my problem? I took it apart and cleaned some dust andnow im on it..but the true test will see if it;; go back on. thanks

Relevancy 43.86%

I just bought a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit and upgrading from Vista Home Premium 32 bit. I was able to complete the install on my laptop without issue but when I did the desktop, it completed the install but when it starts up it only shows a black screen and cursor? Really need some help.

A:Booting issues?

Hi Kamui, welcome to the forums
I suspect it is because you are using the TV as a monitor. You might have to install updated drivers for your card. Do you have a monitor you could hook up to it to check if it is working that way and install what needed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/36227-booting-issues.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567388/cannot-boot-into-windows-i-keep-getting-reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device/ - Hamluis.

Hello!

I have a similar issue to the above and am looking for an answer.  I have Win 7 Pro on a Lenovo B590 w/ a 500 Gb HD.  I've been running a WD Terabyte external drive for back-up and recently added a WD 4 Terabyte USB 3.0 drive for additional storage.  When the second WD drive is connected, my laptop won't boot normally; it wants the 4 Tb drive to boot first.  I checked the boot sequence and my C: drive shows as Drive 0, which should boot first.

Any ideas how I can get the C: drive to boot first when the 4Tb WD is connected?

Thank You!

Irishmoll

Have you looked in your bios settings? The C disk should be selected as your main boot device....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567762/booting-issues/
Relevancy 43.86%

I am new to this so hi all

I am having major issues with my laptop, it is an Acer Aspire 6920g and when you press the power button to boot, it gets stuck with just less than a full loading bar with the acer screen for about 5 mins. I have tried disabling the quiet boot to see what it gets stuck on and it doesnt seem to get stuck on anything. after 5 mins it just boots windows as normal.

i got told that it was the hard drive going faulty (that was upgraded to a WD scorpio black 320gb), so i RMA'd it and the new one is doing the same.

please help me as i really dont know what to do... i am clued up with computers so what ever you guys say i will try

Thanks for looking!

Relevancy 43.86%

Not sure if this is the right thread but here goes:
Im having a strange issue where Im trying to boot off 2 particular cd's.
The first is Hirens Boot CD, tried Ver 9.5 and 9.6, it gets to Hirens menu asking where to boot from, then flashing cursor and nothing.
The 2nd is Norton Ghost 2003, starts up fine, asks which drivers to load, choose CD-Rom, says cannot start CD drivers, no device present, yet its booting off the thing.
Mobo is Asus P5Q3 Deluxe.

Any ideas would be most appreciated, need to get my system backed up before i reload, and want it done urgently, thanks!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/201161-issues-booting-off-certain-cds-dvds.html
Relevancy 43.86%

i just bought a new compaq mini desktop and installed microsofts memory mouse which is a combo mouse and storage device when i restarted my computer i got an error to remove all media and devices and to press any key i had another usb issues with usb booting attached at the time and removed that first thinking it could not be the mouse but booting with usb issues the same error popped up so i removed the mouse usb connector and presto all is well i am quite familiar with the ability to change boot options and auto play functions but seeing as though i am in costa rica and windows is in spanish i dont want to take any chances is there a way to change bios bootup so my usb for the booting with usb issues mouse can always be attached to the port in kind of the same area the computer only came with xp home edition welcome to the third world anyway previously i have been able to go into regedit and change autorun options but this version does not seem to follow the same format as the xp professional i booting with usb issues have on my laptop is anyone familiar with either of these two issues booting up with memory mouse usb in the port and xp home edition stopping autoplay features as for the mouse issue my computer at home has no problem restarting with the mouse attached so i think it has something to do with how this computer was setup and shipped as always thanks for any help you send my way nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/booting-with-usb-issues.870261/
Relevancy 43.43%

I just recently chnaged my CMOS battery and now the computer will not get past the POST process. On two occasions after chnaging the battery, I was able to boot into safe mode. I tried doing a system restore but that failed. On loading, the load bar show that it is staring to load, but then it stops and does not load the OS. The only way to get out of this is by turning the machine off. I am running Windows XP. Please help!!!!

A:Computer Booting Issues

Welcome to Techspot
Normally when you change the cmos battery you must reset the bios .You have not filled out any info as to your computer's configuration , so you will have to get this stuff yourself.
Go to the website for your make and Model Mb (or in Owner's Manual) and get the instructions for how to perform a bios reset.Follow the directions correctly(print them out.)
You can screw your machine up if not performed right.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-booting-issues.45520/
Relevancy 43.43%

Basically, my dad just gave me an eMachines desktop that has Vista on it. And since I sorta hate vista, im trying to install xp. But I can not get it to boot it up. I get to the boot selection, select the drive that has xp on it. And it gives me a black screen briefly, then continues to boot Vista.

I also had a Ubuntu disc laying around so I tried that. It starts up the ubuntu install, then goes black and says
'General error mounting file system.
A maintenance cycle will now be started.
Control-D will terrminate this shell and reboot the system.
[email protected]:~#'

Any ideas?

A:Trying to install XP, having issues booting

Hi test the hdd with seatools for dos and the ram with memtest 86 +
SeaTools for DOS tutorial
Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums
also is the hdd a ide or sata if sata you would need the sata driver

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trying-to-install-xp-having-issues-booting-681073.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey all,

I seem to have an issue with some new computer parts I've just bought.

I bought an ECS AMD690GM-M2, AMD X2 4400+ (Skt AM2), OCZ 2x 1Gb matched pair DDR2-800 ram and an Inno3d Nvidia 8500.

Basically even with just one stick or ram, the onboard gfx, and the CPU, the thing hangs at the splash screen. It won't take anything from the keyboard so I can't get into the bios. If I use two sticks of ram it won't even hang, just reboot after going to the splash screen for less than half a second.

If anyone has any ideas on what I could do to remedy this, I would be very happy.

Thanks very much

Ironfist

A:Booting issues with ECS AMD690GM-M2

if u just bought that board, i would box it up and return it asap............ look here
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135049
buy a decent brand.......asus,gigabyte,abit to name a few

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/booting-issues-with-ecs-amd690gm-m2.663450/
Relevancy 43.43%

After recovery from a boot problem I managed to get the laptop up an running with all drivers Figured needed to repartion my secondary drive I have two HDD GB each and used Re-partitioning issues causes Booting mini tool to format and resize the secondary drive I also used it to hide my recovery partition and change drive letter of all but the OS C drive Happily rebooted to see that windows is loading files bar coming up which quickly ended with Reboot and Select Boot device or Insert Boot Media in Re-partitioning causes Booting issues selected Boot device and press a key message Need help to sort out and going to BIOS didnt help I have not touched the BIOS config ever since i got this laptop When I set the BIOS to boot from CD DVD and put in the win recovery CD disk it doesnt read it DVD light is blinking Not sure if ASUS G VW come wit IDE or ACHI as I did accientally change and save System Win bit i

A:Re-partitioning causes Booting issues

If you can boot the PC with Windows post a maximized and re-sized screen print of disk management using these instructions:
Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

If you can't boot Windows, try creating and using a bootable Partition Wizard CD and post (camera) screen prints of what you see.
Bootable Partition Manger | MiniTool Partition Wizard Bootable Edition

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/380275-re-partitioning-causes-booting-issues.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Ok so last week long story short something seriously f ed up my hard drive and I had to get completely new fresh ones installed There's two of 'em both about Booting Issues Dual GB In XP everything runs fine except my graphics card drivers I DID have Vista before and the drivers for the card worked fine in Vista Out of the two I prefer Vista simply for the card the whole reason for getting this computer was to play games On the other hand Vista is rather slow even on my somewhat beefed up gaming rig My question is if I wanted to dual-boot Dual Booting Issues to have XP for it's faster speed and Vista for whenever I felt like playing games what would be the best approach Should I keep XP installed on one drive and install Vista on another Or should I partition one and put 'em both on there and remove the other hard drive to save it as a backup to ensure that my week long headache of trying to fix the hard drives should something happen to them doesn't happen again I checked out this tutorial and it seems rather easy and I intend to follow it but I'm wondering Dual Booting Issues whether to partition or use separate drives Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dual-booting-issues-322478.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey, the last few days the computer has been acting up. It started out with no signal to the monitors when I booted it. I reset the computer 1-4 times and it seemed to be working fine until it randomly shut down while playing league of legends. My computer has been running slower than usual as well and after the shutdown, there was a few black screen for a brief second every time. I opened the computer to check for dusts or any "see able" damage. As far as I could tell, there was not anything wrong. I've updated windows and updated a few drivers. I honestly have no clue what the issue might be apart from a possible hardware problem.

A:Booting and shutdown issues.

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can then update your Computer Spec Profile with this info.
Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/booting-and-shutdown-issues.1080119/
Relevancy 43.43%

hello all, i have been lurking around for answers but have yet to find any.
I have a HP zv6000 xp sp2 and am trying to boot a .iso. i Burnt it with powerISO correctly and my system wont recognize that it is even there.
and it reads correctly on other machines.
I dont know what to do!
Thanks in advance.

A:[SOLVED] issues with booting .iso

It sounds like CD-ROM compatibility issue. The system that will not boot to your bootable (ISO) CD may not recognize the format of the CD you are trying to use. Example, you wrote to a 52x CD on another system, and your CD-ROM drive does not support 52x.

Did you create the bootable CD on the same system you are trying use for CD boot?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-issues-with-booting-iso-233060.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a rather unique situation I think. I have installed a clean version of Win7 Ultimate on my desktop. Now everything the system boots up I get two reacurring issues:

1) Setup is preparing your computer for first use

2) System Preparartion Tool 3.14
System Preparation tool (sysprep) prepares the machine for hardware independance and cleanup.

The above two issues accur each and every time I boot up. I cannot figure out why. Any and all help would be greatly appreaciated.

Thank you;
Mike.

A:Reacurring issues when booting

Quote: Originally Posted by mikem

I have a rather unique situation I think. I have installed a clean version of Win7 Ultimate on my desktop. Now everything the system boots up I get two reacurring issues:

1) Setup is preparing your computer for first use

2) System Preparartion Tool 3.14
System Preparation tool (sysprep) prepares the machine for hardware independance and cleanup.

The above two issues accur each and every time I boot up. I cannot figure out why. Any and all help would be greatly appreaciated.

Thank you;
Mike.

I think the best thing that you could do in your situation is a quick repair install. Just take the DVD, as you did when you installed the first time. In this case select repair. Apparantly some file is corrupt and should be fixed with a repair.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/41920-reacurring-issues-when-booting.html
Relevancy 43.43%

A short while ago I began to run into problems on my desktop computer where it would randomly freeze and I would simply reset it and boot it back up again Eventually the computer would not boot at all the fans would still work properly the lights would still come on but nothing appeared on the monitor I checked if it was the monitor It was only after resetting the power switch and turning the computer back on repeatedly did it eventually start be the Booting seems processor to issues, up again only to have it randomly freeze and go back to clicking the Booting issues, seems to be the processor switch on and off again I ve had issues in the past where the computer wouldn t boot on the first try and I had to leave it on then reset it to boot again I found this was a graphics card issue and I replaced the card One thing I ve noticed one it doesn t boot is that the fan above the processor would slow down lowering the noise and going back up as if it s trying to boot itself properly When it would come to boot up again the Booting issues, seems to be the processor processor fan would work as normal Also the random freezes have occured irregularly from the POST screen loading and welcome screens after the desktop loads or while I m playing a PC game I m sorry if the post is vague but right I ve tried to boot the computer for the past hours with no luck and I m very frustrated Everything is plugged in as should be I ve checked and doublechecked everything My only guess now is that it has something to do with the processor as indicated by the fan Any guesses nbsp

A:Booting issues, seems to be the processor

Possibly your power supply is failing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/booting-issues-seems-to-be-the-processor.78557/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi everyone,

(Got to sawy this first, this is a great forum, i see hundred of issues being resolved, i wish i get some here too )

I cant seem to log in...i cant seem to boot.

the system come on and stays in the windows flag position permanently!

when I try to go into my recovery to do a repair, i get a 'bootmanager' error.

So now i cant log in to my recovery, cant log into safe mode and windows wont boot!

I dont have recovery disks, my recovery is still on a partition.

Please, any help???

Thanks

A:Startup/Booting Issues with win 7

Boot up using the Startup disk CD or Windows 7 DVD. (not the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disk) If you have a Netbook, you will need a CD/DVD drive.
Make sure no USB drives are plugged in.

Do a Strartup Repair:
Startup Repair
Note: You may need to do startup repair 3 to 4 times.
Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

If you have not made your Startup Repair
System Repair Disc - Create
Do you have a mate with Windows 7 & CD/DVD RW Drive, how could burn one off.

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's app the first day you had your new PC.

& made the Startup Repair CD.

How to make HP Recovery DVD disks:
Recover Windows Vista Operating System Using HP Recovery - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

How to make HP Recovery USB disk:
Creating a Recovery Disk on a USB Flash Disk HP Pavilion dv6700z CTO Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

or
You can Order HP Recovery Disks from here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...dTypeId=321957

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/182729-startup-booting-issues-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Oh dear I m going to throw my pc out the window in a few Memory/booting issues. minutes I got two Memory/booting issues. new sticks of memory I am positive they are the correct kind from my brother to put in my old computer which i keep around to store manage all of my photography stuff I shut down the computer unplug everything blow it out and then take out the memory which is currently in there there are slots two were full of small sticks so I take the new big sticks put them in slots and and move one of the smaller sticks to slot plug everything back in turn on the PC and nothing happens except my monitor is flashing quot no signal quot I try to replace the original memory sticks and with one in slot only it will get into bios but not past the following stage of the game Intel AGP Set BIOS for RXP F Check System Health OK V Core Main Processor Intel Pentium R GHz x lt Memory/booting issues. CPUID OF Patch ID gt Memory/booting issues. Memory Testing K OK and thats it nothing after that keyboard is unresponsive I can t escape cant hit delete cant exit into safe mode nothing If I add a memory stick one of the new large ones the computer doesn t even get that far it just beeps the computer is old My dad built it in i know the MB is a gigabyte I don t have manuals for it I read a ton of forums somewhere it said to take out the MB battery and then put it back to reset this does nothing Is this some crazy memory problem Did I manage to kill my video card Any help is appreciated as I am currently one very frustrated girl nbsp

A:Memory/booting issues.

Obviously it's not compatible... Do you know what type / speed RAM you are putting in there? Was whatever you took it from working properly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-booting-issues.96372/
Relevancy 43.43%

I am trying to format my friend's computer, but, each time i try to boot from the cd/dvd and it reaches a certain time it goes to a blue screen so i dont have the option to even select format e.t.c.

Now recently it s just going to a black screen telling me that a file is missing (eg system 32/config/) or something of the sort this is really tiresome i cant get to format or even select safe mode... i really want to help out .. there are two memories in his pc checked both they seem fine but this is tiresome any help!

A:Computer booting issues

do you need any of the files on the HDD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-booting-issues.172304/
Relevancy 43.43%

My friends netbook has got that error 0xc000000f issue, and needs to have windows reinstalled. Problem is, well its a netbook. It has no CD drive.

So i;ve got ahold of the ISO, and have tried ot make one of my USBs bootable

my process..

Open CMD

Open Diskpart
Select Disk1 (the USB)
Clean
create partition primary
select partition 1
format fs=ntfs
assign
exit

In CMD

bootsect.exe /nt60 f: (F been the USB)

Now it tells me that its added bootmgr and so on, but when I try to boot the USB up on my friends netbook to install windows XP, it says BOOTMGR is missing. (Since when did XP use that anyway? coulda sworn I heard it had nothing to do with BOOTMGR)

Anyone able to help out?

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Relevancy 43.43%

Hello all I'm in need of some Issues Vista Booting help to get my desktop running I recently lost power right as my computer was shutting down for the night As a Vista Booting Issues result I can't get it to start The computer will turn on fine will get to one screen where it has a loading bar going across the lower half of the screen What USUALLY happens from there is the Windows logo pops up glows and it prompts me to Vista Booting Issues sign into the Vista user account I want to use But since this started it won't get to the Windows logo it just goes to a black screen and stays there From what I've gathered and asked folks the OS got corrupted and I need my startup disks correct Assuming this is right I'll move on to the next issue I was following the guide on this site http www bleepingcomputer com tutorials repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair But my computer never gives me the option to load the Startup Repair Since putting the disk into my computer it will slowly give me the Windows logo I mentioned but stops after I select the user account It has a moving loading bar but nothing is actually happening Where am I going wrong Thank you for your help in advance

A:Vista Booting Issues

It looks like you're not booting from the CD.
What CD is it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/347062/vista-booting-issues/
Relevancy 43.43%

I am pretty sure this issue is being caused by the motherboard but I just want to make sure before i spend the money replacing it. My computer does not boot. The only thing that happens is the fans turn on to full and stay there at full, i get no video and it does not go to post. I have run scans to check for viruses when i was able to get it booted once with luck. I have switched the power supply to see if it was possibly a faulty psu, and still got the same problem. It will not load BIOS or go to POST when i try to power it on, even when cold booting. Any ideas before i spend the money on a new motherboard?

A:Booting issues, can't even get to POST

I hate to be the voice bringing bad news, but that could also be caused by a bad video card or bad RAM.

I suggest your test your RAM in another machine, and run Memtest86 on it: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

What is your video configuration like? Do you have onboard graphics you could use, and disconnect the video card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/booting-issues-cant-even-get-to-post.156482/
Relevancy 43.43%

Laptop is a gateway nv510p04u

Running Ubuntu 14.02.

Recently bought the laptop and have issues getting it to boot usb or cd.

I was able to disable secure boot but when I try to switch the bios the only option I can select is UEFI (I was told I need to boot into legacy).

I am trying to uninstall Ubuntu and reinstall Windows 8, but I can't do that without booting from cd/usb.

A:Issues with UEFI and booting

Download an 8 iso.
Extract it to a usb using 7-Zip.
Click the setup.exe.
Ubuntu will be overwritten.

There is no need to boot from a usb.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/63366-issues-uefi-booting.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a ECS K7S5A Motherboard with an AMD XP1800+ CPU.
ATI All-In-Wonder 32MB graphics card. The problem I have is that every time I add a PCI card or remove a PCI card and then reboot there will be no signal sent to the monitor and they system will seem to loop (i.e. the CDROM drives and hard drives are accessed in order and then the process repeats). There are no POST codes generated. In the past I've removed and then reseated my graphics card to resolve the issue. I sometimes have to try this multiple times to get it to work. Right now I'm having no success and I'm typing this from my laptop. Any thoughts on causes of this problem and how to resolve it?

Relevancy 43.43%

Ok so I couple nights ago I was on my laptop as usual streaming some stuff from YouTube Out of nowhere my laptop restarts on me I ve had it restart on its on before but only right when I log in to windows I have Windows I didn t think anything about it at the time Quickwebs started up like normal Quickwebs is this program that starts up before windows that lets you My When Laptop Issues Booting Having Serious Up get on the internet before you actually start your computer but after that it was just a black screen with a little white Having Serious Issues When Booting Up My Laptop blinking underscore in the left corner So pretty much once I try to start Windows I get dom d If I push the escape key quickly before the underscore starts blinking I can get to the menu that lets you do test and get the system specks and whatnot I first tried restoring it but when I select that option it takes me to the underscore blinking screen after that I did every test I could find in all those menus and it didn t help at all I m assuming I caught some sort of serious virus though I Having Serious Issues When Booting Up My Laptop just recently installed Malware Bytes and did a full scan of my laptop to get rid of any I had But since I can t load windows at all I don t know what to do to fix it Usually I would restore it but since that doesn t work I really have no clue what to do Also this laptop doesn t have a disk drive I did buy a USB one later so it didn t come with any of the operating disks I would need to redo everything It s early and can t for the life of me remember what s that s called right now gt lt if it were to come to that So pretty much at this point I m at a loss All the other help things I ve seen so far are about when it won t work after the option for smart mode comes up or when it freezes on the Windows logo but I can t even get that far Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-serious-issues-when-booting-up-my-laptop.968629/
Relevancy 43.43%

when i sw on the desktop the power supply and the cpu fan comes on for soemtime and then automatically stops. no booting beeps. i tried changing the smps with a new one, but the same problem. pl. help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-booting-issues.982324/
Relevancy 43.43%

My system received some windows updates about a month ago. It took over an hour to install. Since then I've had nothing but issues when booting up the computer. Sometimes the system will boot to a black screen and nothing further then I have to do a hard shut down. If it does fully boot up it takes quite awhile. The windows update might of been just a coincidence, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Business , Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3581 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro FX 360M, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 74190 MB, Free - 6236 MB; D: Total - 2047 MB, Free - 1431 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0UY141, , .CD75DG1.CN486438574456.
Antivirus: Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Updated: No, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Relevancy 43.43%

I have internal drives When I try to boot Drive SATA I get an error disk boot error I am prompted to insert cont'd Booting issues, cd to continue I haven t changed anything in the BIOS though I checked to Booting issues, cont'd make sure and the settings are the same as they have been for months on end So I figured something came loose From what I can tell everything Booting issues, cont'd is snug I then went into the boot sequence and told it to boot drive IDE This is where it got odd The booting sequence starts but it boots Drive I can access the folders but I cannot get on the internet I repeated this about - times before it actually loaded Drive like it was supposed to Drive working fine Why would it boot drive with that limitation On the SATA drive I put the Booting issues, cont'd cap on the only pins that I think are the jumpers They are smaller and fewer in number than the IDE drive Didn t change anything when I changed the supposed jumpers though Any suggestions on how to get Drive booting w o the windows disk I m out of town and don t have it I have also changed the sequence of what boots first doesn t matter The battery on the mobo I also suspected but I am guessing that is not an issue if I can successfully boot drive Thoughts nbsp

A:Booting issues, cont'd

check power molex is very very snug
bios re make sure you have "saved" your settings not just exit and tell it which to boot from

second drive must be set as slave as is ide
http://www.google.co.uk/images?um=1...&sa=1&q=ide+slave&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=
not sue if above link is working

manually check your boot file should look like

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289022

BE CAREFUL WITH BOOT FILE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/booting-issues-contd.934819/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, I purchased a pre-installed Vista machine and added a second hard drive on its own SATA controller and installed XP on it. I control what I boot into using BIOS. This worked fine for a couple weeks. Now, I can no longer boot into Vista (missing NTLDR). However, the boot priority is set to the device that Vista is installed on, but it still boots into XP. When I switch to boot from the XP device, there is no NTLDR. What I think happened was when I installed XP on the second controller hard disk, it overwrote the boot sector on the first (Vista) hard disk. So, I can no longer boot into Vista. I just double checked through Disk Management and verified that XP is indeed installed on the smaller added hard drive, but it shows that this XP drive is the Boot drive and the main, Vista-loaded larger hard drive is System. Ideas?

Relevancy 43.43%

i was dual booting Vista and xp and then i formatted my xp partition,installed a fresh copy of xp and now it automatically loads windows xp, it doesn't show where i use to select the OS to load

my disk is partitioned c drive for Vista and e drive for win xp

this is the contents of my xp's boot.ini file:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

how do i manually add Vista to the boot.ini file of win xp so i can select Vista to boot?

thanks

A:Booting Issues: Vista and XP

Hi sdinesh76,

Welcome to Vista Forums!

The following article should assist you in setting up the dual-boot process - and may differ from the above on how to edit boot.ini (as while it can be done directly through boot.ini, we need more information to give precise instructions and this will take you through it step-by-step and should help you find that information - and it needs to be EXACT in every detail or it will not work - either it will fail to boot or will not boot to one of the options): How to dual boot Vista and XP (with Vista installed first) -- the step-by-step guide with screenshots.

The trick is to find the proper entries to identify both boot options (adding them is trivial by comparison) and putting them in the right place and in the proper order.
I hope this helps. If not, post back and we'll see if we can work it out more manually. I believe the boot partition and information needs to be on the Vista partition, but BCDEdit and the above article will walk you through the process.

I hope this helps. If not, post back with what happened and how things stand and we'll try to go from there.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284345-booting-issues-vista-xp.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi I am using a HP Pavilion dv series laptop having Windows Vista Home Premium pre-installed in it while debugging some NET application my system stopped working and I had to switch it off manually to restart it Computer issues booting but since then its not booting up no matter what I do its going to the page where it shows loading windows files progress bar at the bottom of the screen and in the next page starting windows yellow progress bar and after that getting blank screen at the end I've clicked on start up repair I've clicked F and then selected Repair Computer Safe Boot Safe Boot with Command Prompt etc but its going to the same windows loading files page and blank screen at the end I've burned the quot Vista Recovery Disc iso quot downloaded from neosmart into a DVD as I don't have recovery discs with me and tried to boot it from that DVD I've verified the boot order and Computer booting issues CDROM is ahead of local HDD as per the tutorials posted here I am supposed to get a message quot Press any key to boot from CD DVD quot but am not seeing that message when Computer booting issues the system starts anyways even with that also I am not getting the quot System Recovery Options quot screen as mentioned in the tutorials When I ran Hard Disk Self Test diagnostic tool I've got quot - Replace Hard Disk quot message looks like some boot sectors got corrupted and I don't know how to run chkdisk command with my current situation Could you please help in this regard do I need to replace the hard disk and do a fresh installation or can I still repair my system Thanks for your help Srini

A:Computer booting issues

As you're not getting the System Recovery options I would wonder if there's an issue with your memory also. Try running this memory test: Memory Diagnostics

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/259133-computer-booting-issues.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi guys just found this place hopefully you can help with my annoying issues Built a new PC in the week build New booting issues has Specs are MSI Z A-G Intel Z Motherboard Intel Core i New build has issues booting K Ivy Bridge CPU GB x GB Corsair DDR RAM GB OCZ Technology Vertex used for Windows TB Seagate Barracuda used for data music games etc W Silverstone SST-ST F-ES Power Supply GB XFX Radeon HD Got Windows installed the other night no problems Went through and installed all the drivers etc and everything was fine Tested Steam iTunes all good Shut it down for the night The next day it wouldnt boot to Windows It would get at most as far as the Windows Loading splash screen then reset itself It would get to a different point in booting every time but always rebooted itself Eventually got it to Windows Installed updates checked drivers etc It would reboot on command and load back up fine Thought i had solved it The next day same thing Tried taking USB keyboard and mouse out and this didnt help Well it would reboot three more times then would boot into Windows again fine without them plugged in Again changed drivers updated things PC would reboot when i told it to and load up again with no problems Turning it on an hour later was also fine This morning Reboot loop again Sometimes getting as far as desktop for a split second then rebooting So i formatted the SSD reinstalled Windows reinstalled all the drivers and again everything was up to date and would reboot on command Even boot up an hour later I went out hours ago just got in and it wouldnt turn on again Rebooted or times and then finally let me in Im typing this post on the PC now The annoying thing is i can make changes but wouldnt know if it made any difference unless i turned the machine off for a good few hours Does anyone have any ideas Many thanks

A:New build has issues booting

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

Hope this helps,

Harry

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/258403-new-build-has-issues-booting.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello TenForums members I'm having some issues with my PC I have never had before The computer is a personal rig I have personally worked on but these last weeks some problems started appearing Problem Had this problem for months I think this problem also escalated to create problem I cannot quot restart quot my computer Do I want to restart I would have to shutdown shutting the down. booting Issues and it PC and then start it up again When I Issues booting the PC and shutting it down. press restart it starts logging off shutting down and when my screen go blank no signal pc lights fans on it just stays there for ever Tried waiting once but after hours I gave up Problem This problem arose since last week br When I start my computer I get my BIOS screen After the BIOS timer the boot screen gets taken over by Windows with it's loading circle br br My computer stays loading here for about - minutes and then it continues booting like normal br br I am willing to follow many steps to find out this problem I suspect maybe unfinished installations or my other HDD interfering with the initial boot br br -- br br Also could this problem be caused by a PSU failing My oldest pc component br My windows is now on my main ssd samsung evo gb - I also have a ocz gb and western hdd tb which I had windows on previously user files still on no boot blockquote div div div div class cleardiv div div a style text-decoration none color grey href javascript onmousedown if document getElementById 'EF ' style display 'none' document getElementById 'EF ' style display 'block' else document getElementById 'EF ' style display 'none' nbsp nbsp My System Specs a You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this Computer Type PC Desktop System Manufacturer Model Number Me OS Windows CPU i - k Motherboard MSI Z -G GAMING Memory Kingston HyperX Beast T GB - PC- Graphics Card GTX Ti Monitor s Displays random lg screens Screen Resolution x p Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Mouse Razer Deathadder PSU random junk w Case Haf X Cooling INTEL STOCK COOLER FTW Hard Drives OCZ Octane MBps prototype Internet Speed Mbps up down Browser Chrome

A:Issues booting the PC and shutting it down.

Hey guys,

I couldn't help my self and tried something on my mind. Opened event viewer and saw 1 particular error spamming over n over.
An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR1 during a paging operation

It was my OCZ Octane, i went into bios, rearranged my new ssd to be first and windows boot manager to be 2nd, and now I had an option to choose one of my older installations, something I couldnt untill now. Some progress was made, 4 attempts later I got into windows and problem 2 is now fixed.

I still have problem 1)!!

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/43105-issues-booting-pc-shutting-down.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I'm having a problem booting off my HDD's. Whenever I boot off one of my three HDD's, I get stuck on the "Verifying DMI pool data screen". I decided to reinstall one of the operating systems so I could investigate to see if all of the files were still on my harddrives, and they were. I cannot lose the data on my other harddrives. I must have installed something that made it not work, and seeing as I have installed lots of things before this happened, I can not determine how this happened. If there is anyone who could help, please reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/booting-issues-with-multiple-hdds-and-oss-467538.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, I have been managing plenty of HP Compaq 6200 Pro Small Form desktop computers with Windows 10 64bit OS and users are facing booting up issue. Randomly it doesn't boot, stucks at Windows spinning circle. To resolve this issue temporary, I disconnect all USB devices, turn off computer by holding power button then power on. Furthermore, also appears freezing issue, whereas user after coming back to the computer, cannot use computer, need to restart by pressing power button. I have tried all workarounds and It didn't help. Also I noticed that there aren't any drivers for Windows 10 64 bit, including BIOS. Maybe the issue relies on not updated BIOS for Windows 10 64bit? All drivers, OS is up-to-date.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Booting-and-freezing-issues/td-p/5800135
Relevancy 43.43%

I just built my own new build Issues, Booting PC for the first time Everything went great all hardware compatible and software Booting Issues, new build installed After about a week or so my HDD keeps being disabled and I have to shutdown disconnect it reconnect and then sometimes it is found other times I have to do above mentioned process several times before drive is found or active I thought it was the Intel rapid storage software so I uninstalled that Now randomly when starting up PC I get a message no OS found disconnect all drives that do not have an OS installed OS is installed on SSD for quicker start-up I disconnect my HDD press control alt delete as it says on screen computer restarts OS found PC works Then I have to go through the process to get my HDD found or active Some one Please Help OS Windows pro with media center CPU Intel Core I - K Haswell-E MOBO Asus X -Deluxe PSU Corsair HX W SSD Samsung Pro Series GB SATA III -D Vertical Internal SSD HDD WD Red NAS TB Internal Graphics Card Gigabyte GTX G Gaming Memory G Skill Ripjaws series GB x GB DDR Cooling Corsair H Liquid cooler Case Corsair T Optical Drives Asus Black Blu-ray Burner BW- B ST BLK G AS and Asus DRW- B st BLK B AS nbsp

A:Booting Issues, new build

Replace the WD Red NAS 2TB Internal drive...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/booting-issues-new-build.207940/
Relevancy 43%

Is there a portable version of windows 8, that can boot of of a USB drive?

A:Windows 8 portable

It is called windows to go. In the tutorial section

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/24941-windows-8-portable.html