Windows Support Forum

Wireless Connection works but can't open IE7.

Q: Wireless Connection works but can't open IE7.

I have a Levono Laptop running Windows XP Profressional that is connected through a LinkSys Router. I decided to remove Norton which only partiially uninstalled. Went to control panel and deleted any other Norton showing in Add and Room and then restarted the computer.

Now I can see that I am connected wirelessly through the LinkSys Router and that I have great connectivity but I can't open up Internet Explorer.

If I go into Safe Mode with Networking, I am able to get online and go right to Internet Explorer.

What do I need to do to fix the computer so I don't have to use Safe Mode to get IE to open.

I hope someone can tell me what I need to do. I am guessing it has to do with flushing the IPConfig but I don't remember how I've done it in the past.

Thanks for any and all help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wireless Connection works but can't open IE7.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Wireless Connection works but can't open IE7.

Start in Safe ModeOpen My ComputerDouble click the C drive to open itLook for any folders named Symantic or NortonDelete all you findOpen the Programs Files folderLook for any folders named Symantic or NortonDelete all you findA tip on the Linksys router [I have been using one a long time],If you have the Linksys software installed it is not neccessary & can cause problems.I installed what came with my router when I got ot & couldn't get onlineUninstall all Linksys software & it works great !

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/234340/wireless-connection-works-but-cant-open-ie7/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have a Levono Laptop running Windows XP Profressional that is connected through a LinkSys Router. I decided to remove Norton which only partiially uninstalled. Went to control panel and deleted any other Norton showing in Add and Room and then restarted the computer.

Now I can see that I am connected wirelessly through the LinkSys Router and that I have great connectivity but I can't open up Internet Explorer.

If I go into Safe Mode with Networking, I am able to get online and go right to Internet Explorer.

What do I need to do to fix the computer so I don't have to use Safe Mode to get IE to open.

I hope someone can tell me what I need to do. I am guessing it has to do with flushing the IPConfig but I don't remember how I've done it in the past.

Thanks for any and all help.

A:Wireless Connection works but can't open IE7

well I don't think flushing the dns cache will help with you problem. But you can do that by opening up command prompt and typing in ipconfig /flushdns and after you do that I will register the dns by typing ipconfig/registerdns. What I would try to do is a system file checker. That can be done by going to start >> run and typing sfc /scannow after doing that reboot and give her a shot.

*note* You may need you windows xp pro disc to run the system file checker.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-connection-works-but-cant-open-ie7-386132.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi On my laptop I can connect works, does not. Wireless works Ethernet devices. connection other Wireless for via ethernet however I cannot connect via wifi Wireless works for my phone so it looks my laptop is messed Ethernet connection works, Wireless does not. Wireless works for other devices. up somewhere I just did a full windows update and restart and it changed nothing Here is my ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ben Ethernet connection works, Wireless does not. Wireless works for other devices. Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List twmi rr com Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address A- - F- C- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Ethernet connection works, Wireless does not. Wireless works for other devices. Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix twmi rr com Description Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address B - -E -B - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d b c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday June PM Lease Expires Monday June PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -CE-C - -B - -E -B - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Qualcomm Atheros AR BWB Wireless Net rk Adapter Physical Address B - - F- C- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb b f fffc Pref red Link-local IPv Address fe b f fffc Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -CE-C - -B - -E -B - - NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap twmi rr com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix twmi rr com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Ethernet connection works, Wireless does not. Wireless works for other devices.

Depending on the computer, there are two things I'd suggest you check on:

1.  Some computers (like my told Toshiba), has a slide switch on it, that physically turns off the Wi-Fi.
2.  My newer computer has a key combo that does that.  In this case Fn+F12.

Best of luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536388/ethernet-connection-works-wireless-does-not-wireless-works-for-other-devices/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey,
I have a internet connection through a cable modem.
The modem is a Scientific Atlanta webstar 2100 and also using a wireless router that's a Linksys WRT54GS.
I connect it to my computer and everything. The wireless works fine (i'm using a laptop to create this post). However, it is not a secure network so I wanted to add a password. The problem is that the host computer that is connected to the router has no internet connection. When I open internet explorer or try to find a connection through the troubleshoot, it says it can't find one. Can anybody figure out why this would happen and how to fix it? I think I have the modem's drivers and stuff updated to the host computer and stuff.
Therefore, I have no wait getting to the ip address and/or setting up a secure network.

Please help me,
Thanks

A:Wireless connection works, but Host computer's connection doesn't

would explain how all connected - all PC should be connected to the router - so there should not be a HOST PC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-works-but-host-computers-connection-doesnt.936364/
Relevancy 64.93%

I am trying to set up a new Thinkpad laptop to work on Works, Connection Doesn't Wireless Connection Ethernet my HOME workgroup and Wireless Connection Works, Ethernet Connection Doesn't on a new OFFICE workgroup I have used the HOME workgroup for many years with many computers without a problem but this is the first time I have needed to set up two networks and a laptop that works on both I got a new Thinkpad and rented a new office at the same time - big mistake - I am trying to configure the laptop to belong to the OFFICE workgroup but have access to computers shared devices from the HOME workgroup when I am on the home network and of course share the Internet connection on both networks - Both networks have a Wireless Router with firewall - the one at HOME is a Linksys - the one at the OFFICE is a Netgear - Because of the firewall in the router I have turned off Windows Firewall although interestingly it seems to turn on by itself quite often on the Thinkpad - another issue i need to get to the bottom of - HOME network is cable cable modem OFFICE is a T- - I am trying to use IBM s quot Access Connections quot tool to create two network profiles so that I can easily switch from OFFICE to HOME The HOME wifi is unsecured while the office is WEP Both the wired ethernet and wireless connections work fine at the office but at home the wired connection cannot renew the IP address and so IBM Access Connections automatically fires up the wireless radio and is only able to connect that way The Local Connection at home shows in the system tray with a quot quot and a tooltip status of quot Limited or no connectivity quot When I click on the quot Local Area Connection quot myself via Network Places and click Repair it gets stuck in the same place - trying to renew the IP address - and I get this message Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed Renewing your IP address For assistance contact the person who manages your network and since the person who manages my network is me I m not much help So I am assuming it is something to do with DHCP but I can t figure out why it works one place and not the other I have tried recreating both networks via the quot Set up a Home Office Network quot wizard and have even switched the Thinkpad back and forth between workgroups to try to get a configuration that works - but to no avail Any advice would be greatly appreciated Geoff nbsp

A:Wireless Connection Works, Ethernet Connection Doesn't

Check the cable, that's the most likely suspect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-works-ethernet-connection-doesnt.427555/
Relevancy 63.64%

So last night my wired connection was working I did not install any new software or download anything Tried getting on the internet today and nothing My computer has an IP Address but I can't get onto the internet at all I does connection wired works, not. Wireless connection can't ping Wireless connection works, wired connection does not. google I can ping my IP address assigned can't ping my default gateway I have tried a different ethernet cable and I have changed the switch the computer is connected too I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the ethernet drivers I have already performed an ipconfig release amp ipconfig renew I also tried ipconfig flushdns I have performed a netsh winsock reset netsh int ipv reset reset log netsh int ipv reset reset log netsh int ip reset After performing all of the above I am stuck with the exact same situation Here is my ipconfig all Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name ADAML-LAPTOP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List rh rit edu Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix rh rit edu Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - E- - - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b e b d facb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday January PM Lease Expires Friday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -C -D - A- - - E- - - D DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix wireless rit edu Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - E- - - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix rh rit edu Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address fe fe Preferred IPv Address Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap rh rit edu Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix rh rit edu Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap wireless rit edu Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes My university does not have my computer account or computer blocked Additionally the link light on the computer is on and blinking Any help is appreciated

A:Wireless connection works, wired connection does not.

Fixed it...unplugged the switches, let the power stay off for about a minute. Plugged the power cord back in and it worked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/209454-wireless-connection-works-wired-connection-does-not.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I recently moved and switched to Comcast. Before, both wireless and wired connections worked fine. Now the wired connection works, but wireless connection does not. The Wireless Network Connection says connected but with no internet access.
Any ideas?

<Specs>
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8173 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 312043 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., GA-78LMT-USB3
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

A:Wired Connection Works, Wireless Connection Does Not

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you don't have a satisfactory email address (e.g., from your ISP) you could try http://www.pcworld.com/article/231780/xirrus_wifi_inspector.html. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Identify your network if it is not obvious.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

[Press ENTER after each command.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-connection-works-wireless-connection-does-not.1123802/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi there Not sure if this should be a networking or a operating system question I guess it s a little of both Here s what s happening I have a cable modem going to a wireless wireless connection but works fine. no with PC router My PC is plugged no connection with PC but wireless works fine. by wire into the router another pc and Mac Powerbook running wireless Everything was running great until roommate was using PC a couple days ago Now PC will not connect to anything but PC and laptop run fast and fine on wireless I have cleaned with SpyBot and Ad-Aware as well as Avg in Safe Mode and nothing comes up usually that s all I have to do to fix it I checked winipcfg and my network adapter is there with an ip address but if i release it will not find another ip to renew Also tried to restore to a couple days ago no dice Here s where it get s weird If I click just about any folder my computer my documents my network I get a fatel errod saying that Explorer has made a fatel error and will shut down I click okay and it just goes back to the desktop but doesn t shut down Roommate talked to ISP tech support before i knew about the issue and they were no help aside form wanting to send someone out which i know is a waste of time since the connection to the modme is fine and that s all they will touch Anybody have any ideas Computer with issue is running Win SE I know I know it sucks but i never use it anymore that s why rommmate was using it haha nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-connection-with-pc-but-wireless-works-fine.416712/
Relevancy 61.49%

I didnt have this issue until recently.

I can get a wirless connection no problem, but once I plug in my LAN cord I can't connect. If I disable my wireless I still can't get a connection. I tried going into device manager and deleting my Ethernt card, and rebooted. No luck there either. Any idea? Is there something I need to enable? Not super IT, but have looked at properties and everywhere else I can think of, but uI am posting here.......you can tell I am still stuck.

Thanks for your help!!

OS - Windows 7
Ethernet Card - Atheros AR8152 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller

A:Wireless works, but no connection with LAN cord

The wired LAN port on the motherboard may be bad... Have you tried re-installing the Atheros AR8152 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller driver from the laptops manufacturer support website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-works-but-no-connection-with-lan-cord.178261/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello,
I have an HP Pavillion dv4030, Belkin wireless router, Windows XP Home ed OS. I had no problem getting a wireless internet connection for years, until now.

I can connect to the internet by connecting a cable from my laptop to the router. But I lose the connection when I remove the cable. I have checked the settings on my modem and confirmed with AT&T. I have checked the settings on my router and confirmed with Belkin. I tried calling HP, but apparently they don't offer phone customer service on laptops 5+ years old. I downloaded BIOS drivers and wireless LAN adapter drivers from HP's website, although they are current as of 2006, and my problems began about 2 months ago.

Can anyone offer any advice?! I have searched this board and other for similar problems, and usually the problems resolved after installing new drivers. I am not having the same success.

Thanks!

Relevancy 61.49%

I recently set up my network and if I connect to it via wireless I can connect to the internet, but if I try wired I cannot.

If anyone can help me that would be wonderful, thanks in advance!!

A:Wireless connection works, wired does not.

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found, here's how

Then:

with the wireless turned off and the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wireless-connection-works-wired-does-not-965265.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Recently my VPN WIRELESS only session under connection works old Dlink DI- router died and I decided to get the Asus RT-N U to replace it VPN session only works under WIRELESS connection So far I am happy with it except for this strange VPN issue I have a work laptop and I use it VPN session only works under WIRELESS connection to access my work computer and work websites from home through Cisco VPN client If I use the WIRELESS internet connection then all is well But if I plug in an ethernet cable to the laptop instead and turn off the wireless adapter then the VPN session doesn t work The VPN client will show that the connection is made but when I try to access work websites or my work machine via VNC it is really slow and unresponsive and errors out constantly The VPN client still shows I am connected but if I try to access anything it often just gets stuck This situation is really bizarre If anything I would expect the wireless to perform worse Note that I see this issue only with my VPN connection to work Normal internet seems to be fine with either a wired or wireless connection Also my old DI- did not have this issue It worked with both wired and wireless internet connection although as expected it was faster and more reliable via wired Can anyone shed a light on this Thanks for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-session-only-works-under-wireless-connection.983864/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a Motorola Surfboard SB Cable Modem hooked up to a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router Model WRT GS wireless Wired connection works but Solved: not and Solved: Wired connection works but not wireless a Netgear Dual Speed Hub DS Two days ago I noticed significant lag issues with the wireless internet on my Xbox and I thought our unprotected WiFi might be getting stolen I put a WPA on it and continued playing and it seemed to have helped However my family and I noticed that our iPhones began to have problems with the WiFi even after putting in the WPA password the phones were unable to access the internet First I tried messing with the DNS address on the WiFi settings on the iPhone then I changed from WPA to WPA then I took off the password completely and the problem persisted I reset the modem and router unplugging and reconnecting everything countless times still to no avail I m using Windows on my laptop which I have directly connected to the router The wireless signal is still in the air and I can connect but I can t use it None of these issues existed before I put the WPA password on the internet Here s the ipconfig all from this computer Windows IP Configuration Host Name MainComputer Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R WiMAX Physical Address -D -DA- - D- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -C -D - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -C -D - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address - -C -D - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - E- F- C-C -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe da adc c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday January AM Lease Expires Thursday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - A- - E- F- C-C -D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A EB- AA - A -AAEA- B A D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ac c ac c Preferred Default Gateway c c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap C DD D- E - DF -A - A B AEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EB EF -C E- A - E - B C C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c d b d d e Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe d b d d e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap CBC -D - B -BA F... Read more

Relevancy 61.06%

I need someone help as my internet connection only works in safe mode, when you start it up normally it just says 'Aquiring network address' and doesn't connect.

But when in safe mode I can connect with no problems, I use the built in Windows XP wireless connection, no other software installed.

Does anoyone on here have any ideas, all replys welcome as it's really annoying me!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-connection-only-works-on-sade-mode-188503.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\AuToMaTiC>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration
Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::3452:cf7d:f748:d72b%12
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.22
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media unoperational
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::1594:467f:d438:954%11
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.23

Tunnel adapter isatap.{77410055-FB06-4BFC-988F-46F4DF8C7DE9}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

C:\Users\AuToMaTiC>
Manufacturer: MSI
Processor: Intel(R) Core 2(TM) Quad CPU @ 2.83GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.83GHz
Memory: 3006MB RAM
Hard Drive: 95 GB / 160 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7150 / NVIDIA nForce 630i
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Sound Card: Digital Output (NVIDIA HDMI Audio Device)
Motherboard: MSI P6NGM
Computer Case: Antech Nine Hundred
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate

NVIDIA GeForce 7150 / NVIDIA nForce 630i
Driver Version: 1.0.1.211

Wireless:
Internet Access

Wired:
Unidentified Network
No Network Access

A:My wireless works but my Direct connection fails

Quote: Originally Posted by AuToMaTiC88

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\AuToMaTiC>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration
Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::3452:cf7d:f748:d72b%12
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.22

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media unoperational
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::1594:467f:d438:954%11
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.23

Tunnel adapter isatap.{77410055-FB06-4BFC-988F-46F4DF8C7DE9}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

C:\Users\AuToMaTiC>
Manufacturer: MSI
Processor: Intel(R) Core 2(TM) Quad CPU @ 2.83GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.83GHz
Memory: 3006MB RAM
Hard Drive: 95 GB / 160 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7150 / NVIDIA nForce 630i
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Sound Card: Digital Output (NVIDIA HDMI Audio Device)
Motherboard: MSI P6NGM
Computer Case: Antech Nine Hundred
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate

NVIDIA GeForce 7150 / NVIDIA nForce 630i
Driver Version: 1.0.1.211

Wireless:
Internet Access

Wired:
Unidentified Network
No Network Access

Hi and welcome

Well the lan nic is being assigned an ip byt the router. What make and model on the nic? You are obviously using homegroup which can be a bit problematic, but I suspect thats not it.
Network setup is ISP>router>pc's or are there other devices?

Kenn J++

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/42328-my-wireless-works-but-my-direct-connection-fails.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My internet connection only works in safe mode. In normal mode, it is perpetual on/off. It used to work before. I moved in new place where I tried to connect and this connection problem. However, my mackbook connected instantly. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks.

Windows XP Home SP2
Buffalo WLI2-PCI-G54S Lan Wireless Adapter

A:Wireless Connection only works on safe mode

Are you using the wireless software built into XP or some 3rd party wireless software?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-connection-only-works-on-safe-mode-211150.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Wireless Connection only works on safe mode My internet connection only works Wireless safe only on mode Connection works in safe mode In normal mode it is perpetual on off It used to work before I moved in new Wireless Connection only works on safe mode place where I tried to connect and this connection problem However my mackbook connected instantly Any help is highly appreciated Thanks Windows XP Home SP Buffalo WLI -PCI-G S Lan Wireless Adapter Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass OPXPApp exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Avant Browser avant exe C Program Files Google ggviewer - exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qus hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http qus hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http qus hpwis com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Hotkeycontrol C Program Files Hotkeycontrol XP hkcontrol exe O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run TuneUp MemOptimizer quot C Program Files TuneUp Utilities MemOptimizer exe quot autostart O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - Startup Shortcut to AvaFind lnk C Program Files Ava Find Pro AvaFind exe O - Startup Webshots lnk C Program Files Webshots Launcher exe O - Global Startup WordWeb Pro lnk C Program Files WordWeb wweb exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra Tools menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button no name - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS bdoscandel exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS bdoscandel exe O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd ... Read more

A:Wireless Connection only works on safe mode

Since your other computer(mac book) connect instantly, I think the problem might be your computer and not your wireless setup and configuration. Try update your wireless adapter driver and see if it works. Also check the wireless network setup and make sure it is configure right.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-only-works-on-safe-mode.671086/
Relevancy 60.2%

So I just got the new Virgin Superhub I set it up and fine connection is works Wireless but slow wired everything connects fine but for some reason I m getting the full speed through the wifi on my xbox phone laptop but my desktop which is wired straight to the router is only getting mbps max and upload So I set it up into router mode and plugged in my old linksys which worked for a time but after about an hour will always disconnect sporadically I called the Virgin engineer out and he replaced most of the wires and even some of the stuff out in the box in the street but had the same conclusion with wireless fine and desktop not It works limitedly Im writing this on my desktop but if I try to do anything more than surf reddit or other low bandwidth required things it will disconnect I know it is capable of working because for a time I had the computer running at over mbps and when I plugged directly into the modem Wireless works fine but wired connection is slow it was fine but obviously only I could use it and nobody else then The other strange thing is when the laptop was plugged in via wire it seemed to work fine so it leads me to suggest I have some settings or drivers incorrectly setup I m using a Windows bit PC I should probably mention that I m not that good with tech so if you do have a suggestion can you please explain simply nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,

I am running Windows XP on Toshiba Sat. M55-S3292 laptop. The wireless card is Intel(R) PRO.
My wireless connection works just fine on campus but it does not work in a coffee shop where I used to stay and browse the web ...etc. It usually gets stuck at renewing my IP address. When I checked the status/support, there was no gateway, DNS, or WINS assigned. I am not sure if you guys talked about this problem before. Please, help.

Forgot to tell you, in the coffee shop, everybody else's wireless is working just great !!

A:My wireless connection works on campus but not in a coffee shop

It just takes forever in "Aquiring Network Address"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-wireless-connection-works-on-campus-but-not-in-a-coffee-shop-231845.html
Relevancy 60.2%

nbsp Hi I got some problems about my wireless keboard and mouse set for Pavilion All-in-One PC nbsp The keyboard's model Mouse But Loses Keyboard the Works Still Wireless Connection name is KG- It used to work well until one day I start my PC and found out I couldn't use the keyboard When I Wireless Keyboard Loses Connection But the Mouse Still Works pressed on the keys I can only hear the clicking sound from speaker but I couldn't type a single letter Caps Lock was okay when I press it and I could see the light on It was quiet strange coz the mouse still works I had to use touch screen keyborad to type nbsp I tried restart the PC checked the battery went to Control Panel and removed the devide for a while unplug nbsp the connection USB and plug in nbsp again nbsp It only worked when I nbsp restart nbsp PC nbsp entered password and then lost nbsp connection again nbsp Once I found out another laptop may disturb this wireless set because the keyboard just connect with LAPTOP I didn't pair it or install it on that laptop After I remove it from my laptop the issue stills happened on Pavilion PC nbsp Can somebody help me with it Please ToT nbsp Thanks Kasy nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Wireless-Keyboard-Loses-Connection-But-the-Mouse-Still-Works/td-p/5752749
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone- I ve got a puzzler--for me anyway hopefully someone will have some advice My laptop connects to my modem and works, Wireless connection stops: then issue? Windows 7 64-bit the internet then after a minute or so it stops working It is not loading any pages won Wireless connection works, then stops: Windows 7 64-bit issue? t ping anything request timed out and is probably not connected to the router anymore since I can t load the router administration from that computer but I still have a valid IP address and Windows still insists that I m connected The laptop internet works fine when using a wired connection It also works fine when connecting to other wireless connections work and Starbucks are I ve tried Wireless connection works, then stops: Windows 7 64-bit issue? The home network works fine on my Lenovo X running Windows XP as well as my LG p- phone running Android my Acer A Android So I m thinking it s a Windows issue with my router but I haven t been able to find anything on the topic online The router is a Dlink DIR- The laptop is a Samsung Series with Windows Home Premium -bit This one in fact http www amazon com Samsung-NP Y J ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - It is fresh out of the box I have only installed Firefox Dropbox and AVG which I did at work where the wireless connection works A list of things I ve tried restarting the router the modem the laptop and again removing encryption from the router resetting router to factory settings updating drivers on the computer they were up to date uninstalling and reinstalling drivers for network card checking for updates to router no updates disabling ip helper don t know what that does it Wireless connection works, then stops: Windows 7 64-bit issue? was just suggested somewhere disabling ipv this appeared to work for awhile but I left and came back and reconnected and now I m having the same problem changing DNS servers I ve had it What the heck is going on Any ideas Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Ok so- Ive got broadband at home and it works fine. Trying to use my wireless internet at work and having alot of trouble. Im on a thinkpad t42p, 1.8ghz centrino, 1g ram, 60gig harddrive, winxp pro. I am connecting to the network no problems via the built in mini pci card- sending and recieving packets, strong signal and for some reason, yahoo messenger is able to get through to the internet, BUT i am UNable to browse using firefox or IE- i get a connection timed out message. I have searched the web tons and have not been able to fix this. PLEASE HELP!!!
ps- in the begining of last year i was able to connect and browse no problem, then all of a sudden it just wont let me browse. also- the network is not encrypted. Thanks in advance.

A:Solved: Wireless Connection OK but CANT browse but messenger Works!??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-connection-ok-but-cant-browse-but-messenger-works.367343/
Relevancy 60.2%

i used to be able to access the internet directly via a direct ethernet connection but now my only option appears to be the wireless network connection i don't recall when exactly the local area connection connect works via but not ethernet connection cable can wireless disappeared but the wireless is too slow amp unreliable i really would appreciate any assistance figuring out how to connect to the internet directly again i'm running windows xp home edition version wireless connection works but can not connect via ethernet cable with service pack on a emachine desktop i have a netgear wireless pci adapter for wireless connection works but can not connect via ethernet cable the wireless i tested the cable on another pc so i know the cable amp the ethernet connection work when i plug teh cable into my pc shouldn't a local area connection option appear on my network connections i believe i used to wireless connection works but can not connect via ethernet cable be able to choose between wireless amp local are connection but not all i get is wireless network connection i ran ipconfig all this i what i got C Documents and Settings Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name DA -Bloomfield Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List myhome westell com Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix myhome westell com Description NETGEAR WG g Wireless PCI A dapter Physical Address - - B- - C- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday October AM Lease Expires Thursday October A M any help would be appreciated dB

A:wireless connection works but can not connect via ethernet cable

I have no idea about your level of knowledge but I thought I'd let you know what I would do to investigate the problem....

Right click My Network places from the desktop or go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, Communications, Network Connections.

Here you should see you LAN and Wireless Connections. Make sure the LAN connection is not disabled. Right click, properties, select Internet Protocol in the box and set everything to automatic; obtain IP and DNS automatically, assuming you have a DHCP server on the network. The router perhaps? If not then manually enter the IP, subnet mask (probably 255.255.255.0) and the gateway ip. Set the Primary DNS address to the same as the gateway again, assuming the router is configured to get it's DNS address from your ISP. Click Advanced and set Enable NetBIOS over TCIP in the WINS tab.

Also check in Device Manager that your Network Card (NIC) is available, enabled and working.

Once the ethernet cable is attached, you should at least be able to ipconfig and see the LAN connection. If you can try to ping the router:
ping 192.168.1.1
You should get 4 replies if all is well.
Then try to ping an external address:
ping www.google.co.uk
again, you should 4 replies.

I know this is fairly detailed help but that would be a good start to investigate your issue.

Good luck...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-connection-works-but-can-not-connect-via-ethernet-cable-422128.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have my internet hooked up to a DSL Modem and a Wireless Wired working ? not but Wireless Connection works Solved: Router But I had Solved: Wireless Connection works but Wired not working ? configured the Wireless Router wrong that I couldn t connect to it using a WiFi I was going to reconfigure it but the Netgear Router was outdated that their reconfiguring URL no longer existed So I went out and got a NEW Netgear Router Prior to the NEW Router I had a Laptop and a PC connected via DSL Cable connected in the Wireless Router Now with the NEW Router I had just purchased I connected everything just like I had done with my previous Router Wireless Connect works great but I can t connected using the DSL Cable connection It does not respond I tried connecting the cables to different ports but it didn t work My PC mainly needs the wired connection cuz it s where I play my Online games I tried playing with my Wireless connect but it lags very bad Can someone help me figure out how to get the wired connections to work Wireless Router Netgear N Wireless and Dual Band Router nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless Connection works but Wired not working ?

how many pcs are connected by wire?

lets see an ipconfig /all with just the cable connected
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-connection-works-but-wired-not-working.1030548/
Relevancy 60.2%

I'm a complete novice when it comes to computer stuff so this is very irritating. All of a sudden my computers not working saying no Internet access but I could use my iPod... That's what an using now. I tried goggling this and ended up here but the links I've found look like gibberish...

A:Wireless works for iPod but pc n laptop shows no connection

IPCONFIG /ALL

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-works-for-ipod-but-pc-n-laptop-shows-no-connection.1054520/
Relevancy 60.2%

The router is a DLink WBR - 2310. I had been receiving internet through a DSL provider, and both wired and wireless connections worked fine. I've hooked up this router, and the wired connection is working by the wireless connection is not. The Wireless Network Connection says that I'm connected, but when I open Firefox with the wireless connection, but no wired connection, no webpages will load. Any thoughts?

A:Trouble with Router; wired connection works but wireless does not

could be a firewal blocking - have you switched off the firewall on the PC

any other PC able to use the wireless connection ?

Do you have wireless encryption enabled - if so try taking that OFF - by logging into router and removing wireless secruity

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download and install
http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php

Then run the program and post a screen shot of the program running
To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
---------------------------
Wireless Profiles
- Vista:
- delete the wireless profiles
Start
control Panel
classic view
network and sharing center
manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless secruity key for any networks you connect to
--

- XP
- delete the preferred networks
start
control panel
network connections
right click on the wireless connection listed
wireless networks tab
in the preferred network list
click on each one and - remove button

you will then have to enter the wireless secruity key for any networks you connect to
------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all

-> Start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all
post back the results here
TWO Methods to do that - if you cannot access the internet with PC, then use method 2 to copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Method ONE -------------------------------------------------------------
start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Method TWO -------------------------------------------------------------

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-router-wired-connection-works-but-wireless-does-not.902265/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a three year old HP Laptop with Windows Vista home premium SP2, 3 GB RAM. Never used it with a wired connection, and had no connection problems with a wireless. Recently I had no wireless connection available and tried to connect to a wired connection. No success. Tried to get to the original driver for NVidia nforce network connection, and it worked! A few days ago, windows updates had an option to update this driver, and I updated it (while I was using wireless). I now have tried to connect to wired LAN, and no connection again! System restore has not helped. Device manager lists three network adapters: Broadcom 802.11 b/g WLAN, HP Netserver 10/100TX PCI LAN Adapter (with a yellow sign. no updates for the driver found), and NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller.

Grateful for any help in getting it connected with wired LAN.

A:Solved: No connection with a wired LAN. Wireless works perfectly.

whats the exact model of the HP Laptop - looks like you need the driver for the LAN Adapter

lets also see if possible to copy device manager and ipconfig /all and also xirrus

{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-connection-with-a-wired-lan-wireless-works-perfectly.962761/
Relevancy 60.2%

My computer s operating system is a Windows Vista Here s the main problem my main computer desktop computer AND ONLY THAT ONE is the computer that cannot connect to the internet And it is not wireless so I have to make a direct connection yet it still doesn t work When I make a doesn't. one works, only) computer (For Direct Wireless connection direct connection with my Wireless works, Direct connection doesn't. (For one computer only) laptop it works perfectly I m not sure if this is it but this person had a similar person I am uncertain if it was exactly this problem http forums techguy org networking -solved-wireless-network-ok-direct html Please pay attention to the links Wireless works, Direct connection doesn't. (For one computer only) I m providing They may be helpful in some way It was working perfectly yesterday and when I returned a few minutes later it had an attention sign near the little computer screens on my Notification Area http img imageshack us img jpg First place I checked was the Network and Sharing Center http img imageshack us img jpg It pretty much gave me a similar picture to what the notification area s computer screens Wireless works, Direct connection doesn't. (For one computer only) had told me It requires attention What exactly did that mean By the way my internet provider is comcast I had given them a call and they mentioned that it may be something with my router I called my router s company and they just said that it was probably an internet network card I don t remember which But buying a new internet network card and opening up the computer is my last resort i want to atleast try to troubleshooting before assuming the worse I have heard that if I uninstall the only network adapter from the device manager and let it reinstall may help http img imageshack us img jpg but I d rather not do anything before I m prompted to do so Though it says that the device is working properly so I really don t know what to think http img imageshack us img jpg Please help Here s the IP config All just in case C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Rosana-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - A- - D- F- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c cd a a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway nbsp

A:Wireless works, Direct connection doesn't. (For one computer only)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-works-direct-connection-doesnt-for-one-computer-only.817289/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Linksys WRT54GS router where the wireless connection stopped working on the laptop. Connection works fine when connected by wire. I have reset router and updated firmware and nothing is working. What can I do?

Relevancy 60.2%

Hello First time poster long time browser bear with me as this is a little long but I think I got a really unique one going on here Before I get into it My system is a custom built rig Wireless works/Lan Doesn't Internet Connection Odd Issue- running Windows XP on an Athlon I m not the most computer savvy but in my device manager it says that I have a Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller as well as a NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller for network adapters For wireless I run a NETGEAR WG v Mbps Wireless USB adapter I live in a house with people and our internet is set on comcast broadband Cable I believe that runs through the entire house and has some centrally located mega router thing as well The guy in the room next to me runs wireless Odd Internet Connection Issue- Wireless works/Lan Doesn't from his room so that he can do work outdoors weather permitting I had not even plugged in the wireless until today and had been running the hard line out from the wall into my computer Here s what happened My computer had been left on for a few days and was starting to run slow so I went to run a restart Prior to this I did not have any wireless going When it rebooted it would get Odd Internet Connection Issue- Wireless works/Lan Doesn't stuck quot acquiring network address quot for the LAN There were two LAN s in the network connections one for the nVidia and one for the Marvell controller I believe When I try to repair it says it can not renew the IP address I plugged in the USB wireless and it was appearing to have the same issue Looking around for some advice I uninstalled the ethernet controllers and reinstalled them When I restarted the computer the wireless instantly connected and I can now get on the web fine however the LAN connections still have the same problem however now after taking a few minutes quot acquiring network address quot it gives me the quot Limited or no connectivity quot error I have to work from the computer and would like a more secure connection than the guy next doors wireless router so I m really looking for help getting this LAN back up and running Any suggestions input appreciated Some other maybe useful info I run dual monitors and when I did the first couple reboots trying to get the internet up on one of them the primary monitor was not functioning and I got the quot Want to run in SAFE MODE quot prompt after restarting from that point Not sure if it s related or what not but just worth mentioning I m a little nervous maybe leaving the computer on did some hardware damage or something Also being the computer noob I am I am wondering what information you guys may have on how long is OK to keep a computer on I have a top of the line cooling system but is it still not advisable to leave the computer on for multiple days at a time I ve read some conflicting things Cliff notes My computer will connect to my roommates wireless router which is on the same LAN I am trying to connect to however it will not connect to the LAN via hardline nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hello. My problem is this. My desktop for some reason can't connect to Ethernet, but it still can connect to the wireless connection(Wifi). I have no idea why this is and it's getting really annoying.

Thanks to any one who could offer a fix

A:No internet connection form Ethernet while Wireless works.

Sorry to bother you guys the problem has been solved!
I've been restarting my router wrong all this time :/

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/58686-no-internet-connection-form-ethernet-while-wireless-works.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have no idea what I have done to my computer.
For a reason i will keep to myself, I recently booted my computer from a Slax cd. When I rebooted my computer to Windows, I lost all of my internet connectivity on my desktop. My ISP is Verizon (FiOS) and I have the ActionTek router that they supply. Every other connection through the ActionTek router works. I am currently using a laptop that is wirelessly connected to the ActionTek, and I am able to connect to XBox Live using a wired connection to the router.

The operating system of the internet-less computer is Vista.
Below are some screenshots that may be helpful.
So far I've tried: repairing the connection with Vista, resetting my router, and uninstalling and reinstalling my network card from device manager.
Please help.

Relevancy 60.2%

As the title says The wired connection from my computer won't connect to the internet but it works fine with the wireless connection. This just started a couple of days ago. Any ideas as to what could cause this?

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi We have a Linksys WRT GS v that works great unless my husband is working from home He would log on to his work site using IE The site runs a proprietary program which connects securely to his computer at connection if works only v7.2 home drops husband WRT54GS wireless from work The wireless network would work great until he picks up WRT54GS v7.2 drops wireless connection only if husband works from home the phone and dials in to a conference call At there point wireless connection will drop and nothing can connect wirelessly not the ipod Touch mac or laptop Then the moment he disconnects we can access wirelessly again It is only the wireless connection that is affected I can hook up using the ethernet cable and I am fine I never have the problem of using the phone and accessing the internet wirelessly at the same time It seems like it is ONLY if he logs in to work and gets on a call that we have this problem My router is already set to channel My phone is a Panasonic KXTG The actual handset model is KXTGA S Our phone service is with our internet provider So our setup is cable to cable phone modem Router is hook to the modem and the phone is hooked to modem Any suggestion how we can fix this dropping problem Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello guys I m from Germany and I have a problem with my Lenovo laptop works drops (Lenovo/Intel)--other connection wireless y One of the members here had the same prob but his thread is closed so i can t write him anymore PM also doesn t work thread http forums techguy org networking -wireless-connection-drops-lenovo-intel html Once again the problem same as in his thread quot I have wireless connection drops (Lenovo/Intel)--other laptop works a Lenovo Y that worked fine up excepting a keyboard issue that I fixed based on a youtube posting The fix was to tape a small piece of antistatic tape under the keyboard over a screwlike piece of metal wireless connection drops (Lenovo/Intel)--other laptop works Apparently that metal was causing static by rubbing against the keyboard data cable It fixed the problem Previous to the fix various keyboard keys prompted shortcut keys maddening and couldn t type After assembling the keyboard and the top of the keyboard pad was very careful to not bring static and assemble properly the wireless connection began to drop I have another laptop Asus with a similar set-up but a Centrino wifi card vs Intel bgn for the Lenovo and it was connecting to the wifi no problem Often I ll see a yellow sun symbol over the wifi bars or a blue animated circle or a red x Changing the standard settings does not help Attaching an ethernet cable brings up a perfect connection Help Some things I ve thought could be the problem I ve covered an antenna of some sort with the anti-static plastic pea-sized piece My wifi card is bad and coincidentally went out when I fixed the other problem above When the keyboard problem existed I hit a shortcut that reconfigured the wifi somehow but it worked fine before I opened up the keyboard Opening up the keyboard was pretty basic so I don t think I messed anything up by opening it again everything works fine except for the wifi See the youtube video wireless connection drops (Lenovo/Intel)--other laptop works I saw here http youtu be FdGXTo-dpYc Thanks Tech Guys in advance for any help you can offer I read through a lot of other posts on the website and even tried some of the command prompts to reset things -- no improvement quot So I hope someone can help me Florian nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I formatted both my laptop and desktop computer When i did with my laptop everything was great Wireless still worked Of course i have my linksys router connected to get the wireless I then formatted my desktop Its a dell When i did this everything seemed great However i noticed that if i remove my wireless router and just connect my cable modem wired it works However when i connect my wireless router then my wireless internet works but my WIRED connection does not work It has this message that says can't connect Can someone help me here I don't think this has ever happened before I mean there were many times where my Works, Wireless Wired Doesn't Internet Connection Work desktop got formatted and my wired internet worked and i could not get my wireless connection to work But never had i had my wireless work and my wired connection not work Can someone help me on this The one thing i did this time was after i installed the drivers with my windows cd i then deleted the old windows file that was about gb Could that be a Wireless Internet Works, Wired Connection Doesn't Work reason

A:Wireless Internet Works, Wired Connection Doesn't Work

Hello Dynamite, My name is Dusty, and hopefully I am able to help you out some.

Do you have windows updated? Also, Windows update can check for drivers automatically.

Do you have a LAN driver and wireless adapter driver installed? If windows update doesn't find them, look them up on your motherboard's manufacturer's website and your adapter's manfacturer's website, respectively.

Follow this link to uninstall/reinstall wireless adapter: Internet speed suddenly slow?. Believe it or not, It may help with your problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200719-wireless-internet-works-wired-connection-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Below is my sysinfo I have a Lenovo Y that worked fine up excepting a keyboard issue that I fixed based on a youtube posting The fix was to tape a small piece of antistatic tape under the keyboard over a screwlike piece of metal Apparently that metal was causing static by rubbing works drops laptop wireless connection (Lenovo/Intel)--other against the keyboard data cable It fixed the problem Previous to the fix various keyboard keys prompted shortcut keys maddening and couldn t type After assembling the keyboard and the top of the keyboard pad was very careful to not bring static and assemble properly the wireless connection began to wireless connection drops (Lenovo/Intel)--other laptop works drop I have another laptop Asus with a similar set-up but a Centrino wifi card vs Intel bgn for the Lenovo and it was connecting to the wifi no problem Often I ll see a yellow wireless connection drops (Lenovo/Intel)--other laptop works sun symbol over the wifi bars or a blue animated circle or a red x Changing the standard settings does not help Attaching an ethernet cable brings up a perfect connection Help Some things I ve thought could be the problem I ve covered an antenna of some sort with the anti-static plastic pea-sized piece My wifi card is bad and coincidentally went out when I fixed the other problem above When the keyboard problem existed I hit a shortcut that reconfigured the wifi somehow but it worked fine before I opened up the keyboard Opening up the keyboard was pretty basic so I don t think I messed anything up by opening it again everything works fine except for the wifi See the youtube video I saw here http www youtube com watch v FdGXTo-dpYc Thanks Tech Guys in advance for any help you can offer I read through a lot of other posts on the website and even tried some of the command prompts to reset things -- no improvement Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Lenovo KL Antivirus AVG Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-drops-lenovo-intel-other-laptop-works.1038144/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello I ve been having internet issues on my HP Pavilion dv The wired connection to my modem comes up as unidentified This happens spontaneously either while it s been working or upon log in I want Ethernet connection Vista: works unidentified, Solved: wireless to fix this Solved: Vista: Ethernet connection unidentified, wireless works problem permanently if possible I ve tried many solutions to no avail but I m thinking if I want this problem fixed to run through them all again Open to anything that s had any success rate regarding this problem Thanks Windows IP Configuration Host Name LAPTOP-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Ethernet adapter VirtualBox Host-Only Network Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - - - - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Broadcom a b g WLAN Physical Address - A- -AE-AB- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday May PM Lease Expires Tuesday May PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - B- -A - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E - CA - AD-AD E- C C br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description isatap gateway wire net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E - CA - AD-AD E- C C br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E - CA - AD-AD E- C C br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I switched to a wireless Linksys router from a crossover cable connection, and now file/printer sharing on my XP + Vista network isn't working. They can ping each other by ip address (not by name), and I've turned off firewalls, and the XP machine can see the Vista machine but not vice versa. Does anyone have any idea what I can try here? Thank you.

A:Solved: Switched from direct connection to wireless router, sharing no longer works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-switched-from-direct-connection-to-wireless-router-sharing-no-longer-works.818192/
Relevancy 56.76%

I just bought a NetGear wireless USB adapter, WG111v2. I can't seem to get internet explorer working once I connect to a network, even though it does say I'm connected. I am also having trouble accessing my home wireless network, even though I disabled security. Anyone have any experience with this device??? What am I doing wrong?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-open-ie-with-wireless-connection.622648/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, please please can someone help me, I have a wireless router, two other laptops which are on vista work no problem, one xp laptop will not, its connected to wireless network and did work, but now will not, Ive tried everything, wipred ie 7 then reloaded, typed in manual ip address and DNS, can ping websites and get replies on comand prompt, can ping ip addresses also but just cannot get webpages up in ie , i have ipconfig/release i have ipconfig/flushdns, ipconfig/release i hvae netsh winsock release, I have winsockfix sheesh i really do not know what else to try! please can anyone help ...Di x

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-have-wireless-connection-but-cannot-open-webpages-319080.html
Relevancy 56.33%

hi all
i have a laptop and i don't have an internet in it
so here are some wirelesses connections but all of them are sercured
it asks me to enter the security key to access to the point
so is there anyway to open it like to hack it without having to know the Password key ?
sorry if that question against the law of the forum so u can close it

thank you all

A:how can i open a secured wireless connection ?

Not to worry. It'll be closed right quick.

The security, like locks on a door, are to keep crooks out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-open-a-secured-wireless-connection.1076109/
Relevancy 55.9%

We are at a resort that has free wifi through an 'open' security setup...no wep...etc. The resort says not to worry..but...can anything you do while connected be accessed-stolen-copied-etc, while on-line.

More specifically...if you access your bank account...can your password...etc...be aquired by any outside source or computer hacker while using a open wireless setup outside your home...hotel...airport...etc ?

The Resort says banking etc sites use the https secured site so nothing can be hacked/stolen...but if you are on an open 3rd party wifi connections...is this true ??

Thanks...TiminAz

A:What's the danger of an 'open' wireless network connection ?

1) Anyone within range can use it.
2) If someone is clever enough they can hijack your passwords etc.
3) If you have the setting on they may be able to see your files.

HTTPS:
Https can still be cracked... Anything can. Using HTTPS is just more secure than normal protocol HTTP.

This is why you should always have a secure wireless.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/271896-whats-danger-open-wireless-network-connection.html
Relevancy 53.75%

dear, i am using the wireless connection.(sharing with neighbour,he has connection).since 4 day i upgrade my visa.. regular upgrade..
now i am having problem in connectiob.all seemed nice..but
nothing work.no webpage open.(BUSY)..only skype work.
does my neighbour has put any restriction to open all page except the skype .. or some other error is there.

need help fix this connection error

A:wireless connection error.it seemed all nice.but no page open.only skype work

This kind of sharing is against the terms of service for the ISP. If you read the TSG Rules which you agreed to when you signed up, you'll see we don't support this kind of activity.

Closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-error-it-seemed-all-nice-but-no-page-open-only-skype-work.869738/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all

I have got a new desktop PC, which works fine with Ethernet but I am not able to connect through wireless.When I tried to connect to the broadband, it says error connecting to the Broadband connection
Error 651: The modem (or other connecting device) has reported error. However, same comnnection works very well with my vista home premium Dell Laptop.

Thanks in advance
Pxray

A:HP Pavillion PC with windows 8 works ethernet works well but not able to connect through wireless

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-pc-with-windows-8-works-ethernet-works-well-but-not-able-to-connect-through-wireless.202705/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, I'm a forum virgin so please be gentle with me.

I have a desktop and laptop sharing files and an internet connection via modem to D-Link router setup.

My laptop connects to the network via a Netgear PCMCIA wireless card when mobile and via an ethernet cable when sitting on the desk.

The wireless connection does everything it's supposed to do (network and internet access and sharing).

The ethernet connection only shares files but can not get an internet connection to be established.

I have Norton Internet Security but I think everything's alright with that otherwise I wouldn't be able to connect wirelessly. Correct? Are there different IP setup's for wireless/ethernet.

Why can I 'see' my desktop's files and share the printer via ethernet but I can't establish an internet connection unless I go wireless?

Everything's fine with the desktop.

Sorry for the ramble and thanks in anticipation.

A:Wireless fully works, Ethernet works for network but not for internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-fully-works-ethernet-works-for-network-but-not-for-internet.642157/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,
For some reason, when I click on on Microsoft Works, I get a quick flash of it trying to open & then NOTHING!!
I have sooo many important saved documents that I really need to be able to open again...
I have gotten rid of Microsoft Money & maybe Microsoft Office as well but not sure...
Any ideas on what I can try??

A:HELP!!! Microsoft Works Word Processor will not open, unable to open ANY documents!!!

From how you describe it,it looks as if something is denying it.such as your firewall or if you are using Firefox you might not have it as allowed,these are just guesses however,take a look at this site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241165

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-microsoft-works-word-processor-will-not-open-unable-to-open-any-documents.755324/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all.

My dad recently updated his business laptop. His old laptop was using Windows ME with MS Works 4.5.
His new laptop is using Windows Vista with MS Works 9.0.

I have transferred all of his old files that he needs from his old laptop to his new one, expecting the new Works to be able to open the old files.
However, Works Word Processor 9.0 is unable to open any of the older 4.5 files!

Here is the message I get when I try to open the old files using MS Works 9.0;

Now this is really important because he is unable to access letters, etc. that he really needs to open!

Does he need some kind of converter or something?

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

A:Please help! How do I open Works 4.5 files with Works 9.0?

I've just found out that Works 9.0 cannot open Works 4.5 files.
My only option is use Works versions 6 - 8, which can open the 4.5 files.

It's really ridiculous that Works 9.0 cannot open these files.

I have found a Works 7.0 CD so I might give that a try.

The thing is, my dad has since created new files using this Works 9.0. If I "downgrade" to Works 7.0, will it be able to open the 9.0 files?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-how-do-i-open-works-4-5-files-with-works-9-0.772947/
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm trying to help diagnose a problem with a friend's computer, and it's a strange one indeed. I've dealt with a lot of funny stuff in my days, but this one tops the cake!

I'll start with the basic information I've got from him (I will ask for more, as I'm sure more will be needed)...

- Running XP
- No recent installs
- Has tried multiple restore points
- Works perfectly in safe mode
- normal boot doesn't register IP
- Removed/reinstalled NIC driver

I'm going to point him to some spyware removal programs, but what else could be the issue here? What other info should I have him get to help?

I know he'd greatly appreciate it, and I thank you all in advance!

Nick

A:No Connection/limited connectivity on wired connection, works in safe mode only

Hello ,

useing (ipconfig)

start
then select ( run
then type in ( cmd
press enter
then type in ( ipconfig /flushdns ( notice the space between ipconfig & /
press enter
then type in ( ipconfig /release ( ^^ ^^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^
press enter
then type in ( ipconfig /renew ( ^^ ^^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^
press enter

then reboot

start
then select (run
then type in (cmd
then type in (ipconfig
then type in (netsh winsock reset
press enter
now reboot your system

providing that the (os) is installed on the c drive /you drive letter may be differnt

then reboot

check your connection

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-connection-limited-connectivity-on-wired-connection-works-in-safe-mode-only-314772.html
Relevancy 49.02%

This is a strange problem. I have been using my Toshiba Satellite M45 Notebook (XP Home SP2) for about 3 months using the wireless connection. works fine. I believe the Ethernet wired connection worked when I bought it too but I can't remember.

Recently, I tried to connect to the internet using regular wired Ethernet on my home network using Internet Explorer (IE).

IE will only connect to 2 pages. Google and Toshibadirect.com. Everything else times out.

I tried Mozilla Firefox with the exact same results.

When connected via the wire, I can ping to any web site I want, Yahoo, etc and get a response... but not their website.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated!

Relevancy 48.59%

I set up everything and if I have it wired it works fine but wireless it says can't find page when you try to get on the internet. I have set up networks before and never had a problem. first time I have used a Belkin router G+ I guess one of my question is this. I was reading on the Belkin site that it is already set for dynamic and that is for a cable modem and sounds like I should change it to pppoe for a DSL modem. would that make the difference. It is a brand new laptop and the wireless card is on and it sees the network and works when wired, it says it is connected wirelessly but wont get on the internet when not wired. Would the pppoe thing make a differnce? Please give me some help here. Thanks

Relevancy 48.59%

I ve read several posts here Wireless & not but other internet; networking works wireless from wired Solved: lapto that come close to my issue but don Solved: Wireless networking works but not internet; wired & wireless from other lapto t describe it exactly Yesterday on my personal laptop Dell E running XP SP I got a message box saying something about port forwarding and that I wouldn t be able to get to my website or something like that Unfortunately I didn t pay much attention to the message and dismissed it Now I can t get to the internet using wireless Here are some details Another laptop connects to my wireless network and the internet just fine All was working fine on the Dell until I got that message I ve checked the event log and can t find anything relevant around the time of the message Connecting to the network internet with ethernet cable works fine I m definitely connected to my wireless network because I was able to open shared files on another PC Other likely non-related issues I m having a little problem with the hard drive and will need to run chkdsk Sometimes I get an error regarding the display adapter driver Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless networking works but not internet; wired & wireless from other lapto

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-networking-works-but-not-internet-wired-wireless-from-other-lapto.1061271/
Relevancy 48.59%

MS Wireless Comfort Keyboard mouse combination Model A - is malfunctioning in the operation of the keyboard The mouse is working so my thought is that the receiver is okay The keyboard stopped working today I replaced the batteries reset the button on the bottom of the MS to mouse keystrokes/wireless works not wireless keyboard responding keyboard and the button on the MS wireless keyboard not responding to keystrokes/wireless mouse works receiver ensuring the proper sequencing Still no joy Removed all of the screws on the bottom of the keyboard carefully checked the membrane inside ensuring cleanliness before re-installing Still no joy I visited the MS support website Unable to locate my brand Thinking that downloading a new driver might help i checked my settings for device drivers in My Computer All drivers seem to be okay according to My Computer gt Devices gt Keyboard Searched a couple of other forums and found that others have experienced the same problem I've misplaced the software that came with the set-up MS support website no help in trying to find software for this particular model Any ideas from you Win gurus Many thanks in advance

A:MS wireless keyboard not responding to keystrokes/wireless mouse works

Have you run Windows Updates and see if it offers a new driver.
The keyboard is very old. Just might be time for a new one. You could also go to Device Manager and select update driver for the keyboard.

I have 6 or 7 old keyboards. Also gave a few away. I have never wore one out. Just kept buying them looking for one I really liked.
Years later I found one I like.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/350503-ms-wireless-keyboard-not-responding-keystrokes-wireless-mouse-works.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have Microsoft Works docs saved on my new PC (copied from old PC via flash drive). My new PC (OS Windows 7) does not have MS Works so I downloaded Open Office to use as my word processor. My question-how can I transfer the MS Works docs from their location on my PC into the Open Office software.

Any input appreciated.

A:Solved: Open Office software-how do I transfer MS works docs into Open Office applica

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-open-office-software-how-do-i-transfer-ms-works-docs-into-open-office-applica.1004542/
Relevancy 44.72%

Suddenly none of my Works files will open. Rather I get blocked by a new window that reads:
VIEW DOWNLOADS - WINDOWS INTERNET EXPLORER

View and Track Your Downloads

Then they're listed, one after the other, with a query as to whether I want to Open or Save. I hit Open, a security scan is run and then my screen flashes . . . but no Works doc.

Relevancy 44.72%

I really need some help. I have been incredibly stupid and have not backed up in awhile. I'm afraid I may have lost months of hard work.

I get the message: "Works cannot open "C:\Documents and settings\Bill\Desktop\book3.wps". The file may be in use by another application, the file format may not be supported by any of the installed converters, or the file may be corrupt."

What I think happened is that I ran CleanUp while my book was inadvertently running in the tray. When I saved the book, I got the message that there was not enough disk space. Yet, it did save, anyway.

And now I'm afraid I'm screwed. I feel terrible.

I'm a beginner. Is there any one who can help?

Thank you.
jones

Relevancy 44.72%

I have MS Works 6.0 (doesn't!) installed. I can't get rid of it, or Set up Launcher, or Picture it, or Microsoft Works Suite Add-in For Word. The error message says:cannot find files, may be deleted or corrupted - try re-installin Works and try again. Tried this several times but can't re-install as I get the same message, and can't even open Works as I get the same message. Everytime I reboot, or start my computer, I get an error saying the same thing as Works must be trying to start. I would just like to completely eradicate all traces of this program! Please let me know if anyone has any experience with this. Many thanks, ladiz.

A:MS Works won't open or GO AWAY!

Have a look at this thread about MS (not)Works and Word
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic16861.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-works-wont-open-or-go-away.26621/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi my laptop running xphome media center has a few problems IE closes before it completly opens i click on Network Connection Open, Assist No Ie7 Won't Search Won't Open, start search and nothinging happens i try to click and drag files but nothing happens My AVG e-mail scanner will not activate i've tried trend malicious removal tool adaware spybot smitfraud fix AVG total system scan but i don't want to restore my pc to new condition because of data e-mail photos that i have on there It will not connect to the internet wired or wirelessly but I Ie7 Won't Open, Search Assist Won't Open, No Network Connection can ping my router I have a hijack this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System wltrysvc exeC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYSC WINDOWS system r server exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files BigFix bigfix exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Panasonic LUMIXSimpleViewer PhLeAutoRun exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeF hijackthis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www blingo com src hpR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www gateway com g startpage html Ch TB amp M MX O - Hosts HPF AE HP BBF AEO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - A E- - EAE-A - D F E C DE - C Program Files Starware bin Starware dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c windows system BAE dllO - Toolbar Starware - FB C- - CB - F -E F C - C Program Files Starware bin Starware dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startupO - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exeO - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAYO - HKLM Run MSKDetectorExe C Program Files McAfee SpamKiller MS... Read more

A:Ie7 Won't Open, Search Assist Won't Open, No Network Connection

Hello nbcengineer and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. Let's do a little cleaning.Step #1There is an adware package called Starware that we should remove:Click Start.Click Control Panel.Double-click Add or Remove Programs.Look in the Currently installed programs box for each program listed below and if it is there:Click on it to select it.Click Change (or Change/Remove) button.If you are prompted to confirm the removal of the program, click Yes.Anything with Starware or RxToolbar in the nameStep #2Now start HijackThis and click the Scan button to perform a scan. Look for the following items and click in the checkbox in front of each item to select it:O1 - Hosts: HPF740AE HP0019BBF740AEO2 - BHO: (no name) - {45A4902E-4479-4EAE-A186-8D0F7E4C78DE} - C:\Program Files\Starware316\bin\Starware316.dllO3 - Toolbar: Starware316 - {9FB3908C-6565-4CB0-95F8-E9F85258723C} - C:\Program Files\Starware316\bin\Starware316.dllThere is also a remote administration service running on the computer. If you did not install this to allow remote access to this computer then also include the following item:O23 - Service: Remote Administrator Service (r_server) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\r_server.exe" /service (file missing)Now close ALL open windows except HijackThis and click the Fix Checked button to finish the repair.Step #3We need to make sure all hidden files are showing so please:Click Start.Open My Computer.Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.Select the View tab.Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.Uncheck the Hide file extensions for known types option.Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.Click Yes to confirm.Click OK.Find the following files/folders and delete them (don't worry if they are already gone):C:\Program Files\Starware316\ <--folderC:\WINDOWS\system32\r_server.exe (only if you chose to remove it above in Step #2)Note: If you receive any error messages while trying to delete any of the above files/folders then reboot into Safe Mode and try to delete them again. See the instructions below on how to boot into Safe Mode.Restart the computer.As soon as BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the Advanced Options menu appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Safe Mode menu item.Press the Enter key.Step #4Download ATF CleanerDouble-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Click Select All found at the bottom of the list.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox browser, do this also:Click Firefox at the top and choose Select All from the list.Click the Empty Selected button.NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.If you use Opera browser, do this also:Click Opera at the top and choose Select All from the list.Click the Empty Selected button.NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.Step #5OK. Reboot your computer normally, start HijackThis and perform a new scan. Use the Add Reply button to post your new log file back here along with details of any problems you encountered performing the above steps and I will review it when it comes in.Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/95330/ie7-wont-open-search-assist-wont-open-no-network-connection/
Relevancy 44.29%

this has been going on for about 4-5 months now. when i try to open microsoft works it just freezes. i cant open any of the programs like Excel and database, i can only open Microsoft word proberley because I saved a shortcut before it started to act up. does anyone know how to fix this please

Relevancy 44.29%

I am running Works in WinXP Home Included in this program is Works Calendar which I have used extensively as a reminder for appointments Calendar Won't Open Works on my desktop Recently Works Calendar Won't Open Works Calendar won t open in the Task Launcher or any other way When I attempt to open I get a error message that reads quot Works cannot access one or more files needed to run the Calendar The files may have been renamed deleted or moved Try reinstalling Works and then reinstalling the program Works Calendar Won't Open again quot I ve tried reinstalling following three different MS Knowledge Base Documents that describe how to overcome this problem but none makes a difference I had a similiar problem in a earlier version of Works some years ago and finally found that I had to reinstall a file in Win Unfortunitly I don t remember or have a copy of this file and am hopeful that someone else has encountered the same problem and knows the solution nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/works-calendar-wont-open.22391/
Relevancy 44.29%

My old computer had Microsoft Works and I have many, many documents in the .wps format but with my new computer I have WordPerfect Office so I can't open these files. I downloaded Word Viewer 2003 from Microsoft that SAYS it can open .wps files but It apparently cannot. Please help.

Thanks in advance

A:How to open .wps if you don't have Works OR Word

http://www.userful.com/support/ms-works

Also, may I recommend OpenOffice: www.openoffice.org

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-open-wps-if-you-dont-have-works-or-word.20230/
Relevancy 44.29%

I am using Works 4.0 on a new Dell 2400. For some reason my imported old Works files, including Shreadsheet and database will not open. Any thouights how I can recover these files? Thank You.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/works-will-not-open-files.240439/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have Works 8.5. How can I open a Word file(doc).

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,
So i've finally managed to try and update mums computer onto windows 7 but its all starting to go a bit wrong. All her files are in microsoft works so I tried to download the Microsoft Works Converter but it downloads, I click and it says its downloading and then when the green bar gets to the end it vanishes. No installation wizard appears. I am also trying to put Microsoft Office onto the computer and the CD won't read at all. Is the computer just on its last legs or can anyone help me?

First time on here so I hope i've put this question in the right place!

Thanks

A:Can't open Works Converter??

Hi, welcome to the forum.
If you want help on this you must at least give some more information about the computer, processor, disk space memory, etc.
The fact that download stops, have you checked if it has been saved somewhere in the download folder?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-open-works-converter.1127230/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello Please help I have been trying to quot fix quot this issue on my laptop IP Valid Con Area Connection/Wireless a Have Local Solved: Network Connection Doesn't for the past month on and off I have been using other sources to access the internet reading up on resolutions on this issue and all kinds of forums I am knowledgeable but not able to understand some of the fixes and terms that I have come across I feel like I ve tried everything and still I cannot access the internet on my PC wired or wireless I have a Toshiba Satellite L -GS I tried to release amp renew my ipconig Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con Please see below for ipconfig Please help C windows system gt ipconfig release Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C windows system gt ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected C windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name jpharvey -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address - -B -B -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- C- - - - C- C- -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - C- C- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-wireless-network-connection-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-con.1016512/
Relevancy 44.29%

Windows XP Service Pack Connection ADSLAV - Eset NodIf I m supposed to write something else as well please do say so For months it has been working fine Desktop computer connected to router via LAN or ethernet I don t know which expression is the right one laptop connected wirelessly to that same router and IPTV connected via LAN Then all of a sudden Laptop connection work, doesn't int. IPTV int. (LAN) and wireless desktop connection computer a few nights ago no internet connection on desktop comp with notification about no connectivity or low connectivity All indication lamps on the router show as before We have so far tried and nothing worked we have good working computer knowledge but not troubleshooting and stuff - restarted router many times- restarted computer many times- did Laptop wireless int. connection and IPTV work, desktop computer int. connection doesn't (LAN) a system restore- unplugged the router s power - disconnected laptop from the network - changed the LAN cable for a new one- changed the IP address Laptop wireless int. connection and IPTV work, desktop computer int. connection doesn't (LAN) from automatically to manually and typed some other addresses as advised by our ISP who in the end said that we need to reinstall the drivers for network card - following our ISP s advice we tried to find the the driver in device manager there was a driver named network controller we thought that was the one and uninstalled it rebooted the computer and tried to install the driver back from the disk that came with the computer supposedly all drivers on one disk but the disk said all drivers are installed Now we don t have that network controller installed Device manager isn t showing any exclamation marks or other marks Windows diagnostic says that router is working fine Also I don t know if it s related but the internet on the laptop is slower than before and many times I get web page unavailable connection time out and stuff

A:Laptop wireless int. connection and IPTV work, desktop computer int. connection doesn't (LAN)

Start/Run...type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.

Click plus sign by Networ Adapters group.

What do you see?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/278751/laptop-wireless-int-connection-and-iptv-work-desktop-computer-int-connection-doesnt-lan/
Relevancy 44.29%

hey,

Today i have a new problem with my adsl. The wireless was working at full 'advertised' speed last night, then today i noticed the wireless connection symbol in the task bar had changed from 54mbs to only 2 mbs, and a speedtest showed that it was a tenth of the speed it used to be.

Because i just installed my modem yesterday, i thought maybe this was just the isp limiting my connection until i register the modem or something. However, when i connect an ethernet cable between the modem and my computer, the connection works at full advertised speed. Does this rule out the possibility that my isp is limiting my signal, and suggest that the problem is with my wireless settings? Thanks for any help. The modem is a speedtouch 780.

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi folks would greatly appreciate any help and advice on the following problem that s been happening over the last few months I have a Dell Dimension running Windows XP and use a Buffalo WBMR-G Wireless Router to connect to the internet I also connect wirelessly with a Dell Latitude laptop and an iPhone What s been happening on the desktop computer is a loss of connection for seconds at a time or so with the message Local Area Connection a network cable is unplugged Yet while my desktop is disconnected my other devices are using the wireless connection without a break so it doesn t look like there s anything wrong with my broadband provider The Network Connection properties are Intel R DC Gigabit Network Connection PCI bus device function Link speed Mbps Full Duplex Driver Version It seems to be happening much more dropping yet Desktop Connection remains fine on connection Wireless Solved: frequently in the evenings than during the day especially when using Skype Any pointers and help would be great let me know if you need any more info Many thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Connection dropping on Desktop yet Wireless connection remains fine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connection-dropping-on-desktop-yet-wireless-connection-remains-fine.899518/
Relevancy 43.86%

Sony VAIO laptop running Windows Vista Business, Intel Centrino Duo, 1 gb RAM. Was recently traveling. Used hotel wireless. Now having trouble with home office wireless connectivity. Will conntect to home office Linksys N router. Will send via wireless to printers on network. Yet will not connect to internet via wireless. WILL CONNECT to intenet if connected to the router via a cable. Have tried release and reset IP address, reset TCP/IP stack, and reset winsock. Have done re-install of the Linksys software (deleted the connection and followed the add new computer steps in the Linksys program.) In past had a HP laptop running Windows XP that had same problem, but simple IP address release and reset would fix that one. Thanks to anyone who has the fix to this one! Icarus50

A:Solved: Vista Business Wireless connection OK but no connection to internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-business-wireless-connection-ok-but-no-connection-to-internet.814998/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

Hoping someone can help.

I have a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows XP with a wireless connection to a broadband router.

Several weeks ago my laptop started dropping the internet connection randomly (I'm alos unabel to access email when this happens).

My wireless network icon in my toolbar shows the connection as 'Excellent' but for some reason both Internet and Email is not available. The only way to fix the problem has been to restart my laptop which is very frustrating.

I've noticed that this also happens randomly when I'm at home (using different wireless broadband modem) so I think the issue is my laptop not the 2 x routers/modems.

I'm running NOD32 for security as well (but have been for 4 years now with no problems till now).

Please help.

Relevancy 43.86%

Cannot connect to home wireless network with Toshiba Satellite laptop running Vista with SP2. Other family wireless devices working fine and good internet connection using ethernet cable from my laptop to router.

Problem just started today after trying public free wireless in airport early today. Would not connect and got a security certificate warning on another free internet network. So, did not use. Internet worked fine tethered to my phone.

I have an internal wireless g card and a usb plug-in wireless n adapter. Neither one works now. In network status section of control panel shows good network connection but red X before internet connection icon.

I ran a Norton scan and Malwarebytes scan in safe mode with no issues. Also tried to connect wireless in safe mode with no success.

Lastly I did system restore to a few days ago when wireless connection was working fine. No success there either.

A:[SOLVED] Good wireless network connection but no internet connection

you have not accedently switched OFF the wireless at all

can we see an ipconfig /all and ping tests and an xirrus screen shot

also delete all the profiles

How to remove Wireless Profiles
Removing an existing wireless "profile"
b]- Vista/Windows7:[/b]
FAQ - Welcome to TP-LINK
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

to do that:
Next
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Quote:

For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is working

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install

Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Direct link to the program is here Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-good-wireless-network-connection-but-no-internet-connection-599619.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi there im new to the forums and i ve got a problem that laptop; LAN internet Working a no on wireless broken but connection connection s been a real pain for me lately I ve got a wireless connection in my house going through a Linksys WRT GC router and also a wired connection with Cisco gateway only laptop uses it About month ago some strange things began to happen with the wireless connection my PC seems not to be able to connect unless I reinstall the protocols and it s really annoying to do that every time I run my PC Also the wired connection stopped working probably because of cable being broken but it requires a router restart of the time when I want to connect the laptop that used to connect through cable to the wireless network The nd laptop has an issue mentioned in the title the LAN works but it can t connect to the Internet through the router Ipconfig all shows that DHCP isn t working there s no default gateway Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection and DNS seems to be wrong Could that all be related to router not being updated for a long time I tried reinstalling drivers unistalling and installing back network card and doing most of the things mentioned in similar threads but nothing seems to work I know it all looks very silly Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection but I can t do anything about it Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection at least now - I don t have access to any router settings and can t update it Every bit of help is appreciated I can paste all the information needed from all computers Operating systems are Windows on PC and the st laptop nd laptop is Vista nbsp

A:Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection

can we see the ipconfig /all and an xirrus screen shot

ipconfig /all

to do that:
Next

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/working-lan-but-no-internet-connection-on-a-laptop-broken-wireless-connection.1021421/
Relevancy 43.86%

hi everyone im almost having the same problem, i just purchased a wirless netgear wgt624 router and i have a hp vista laptop. i also have an arris touchtone comcast dsl modem. my problem is that i can connect to the internet wirelessly thought the router. but i can not connect on the internet on my desktop. i would like to get the internet goin at the same time both through the router. i have tried to insert an e cable from the router directly to the computer but i get limited or no connectivity. and its not the cable bcuz i swapped out with another e cable and the same result occurs. plz help

A:Wireless internet connection on Vista laptop but no connection on desktop

i have a hp pavillion dv6000 and its running on vista home premium

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-internet-connection-on-vista-laptop-but-no-connection-on-desktop.108163/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I have windows Pro installed I have a DSL connection that requires a username and password I have read connection sharing internet as connection Solved: wireless Help wired a with the tutorials for setting up ICS in windows but it is not working for me In my change adapter settings page I have connections LAN Wireless and M this is the dial-up for the username and password Here s what I have done I have Solved: Help with sharing wired internet connection as a wireless connection enabled ICS for M and created an ad-hoc wireless connection called M network I basically want to share my wired connection with my iPhone Everything is ok as far as connecting my iPhone to M network but when I try to use the internet all i get is a connecting message on my phone and it doesnt go any further I have used this network before to connect air mouse on my phone that lets me use my phone as a touchpad It still works fine that way but I cant use internet I have even tried enabling the ICS on LAN instead but got the same results Am I doing something wrong nbsp

A:Solved: Help with sharing wired internet connection as a wireless connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-with-sharing-wired-internet-connection-as-a-wireless-connection.884605/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,
As soon as i connect to the internet, my connection starts recieve and send data although i don't have any program running or any internet explorer..
Automatic update is turned off, my antivirus update is set to manual...
So, is there any program that lets me know what data or what program is using my connection ?
Thanx....

A:Internet Connection Works By Itself

Netstat is a hidden utility that shows your computer's connections to the rest of the Internet. Netstat is useful to track the IP address of a friend, for example, or to find your own IP address. It gives you information on all your system's open connections, including local and remote ports and protocols. It can even tell you if you are infected with a Trojan.

You can run netstat from the command prompt or the run box : For your purposes, use the -a arguement:
Netstat -a will show you all the open connections on your machine (-a is for all). It will also tell and the protocol.

Are you using a Firewall? Is it set to log?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-works-by-itself.100681/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, I only found one other thread about this issue and it was a dead end.

For whatever reason my internet explorer stops working usually about 1 day after it is refreshed, but my AIM continues to work fine. Usually I just log of my user and then log back on and IE begins to work fine again. I was hoping someone could suggest possible solutions or causes. It get's annoying to be working on school work and then have to log off everything and wait for my computer to log off and log back in again.

Thanks in advance!

A:AIM works, but IE connection is lost...

here is my HJT log...

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.0 (BETA)
Scan saved at 7:38:31 PM, on 5/8/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTSvcCDA.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pctspk.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Smtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WksSb.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\DIGStream\digstream.exe
C:\Compaq\eakdrv\STARTDRV.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mstc.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\jucheck.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Microsoft.NET\msconfig.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher\Desktop\Huge Folder\Downloads\S200Btns.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
C:\Compaq\eakdrv\EAUSBKBD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Suspend.exe
C:\Compaq\eakdrv\EAKDRV.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Chris - New\Desktop\HiJackThis_v2.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://store.presario.net/scripts/redirectors/presario/storeredir2.dll?s=searchfavweb&c=3c01&lc=0409
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://store.presario.net/scripts/redirectors/presario/storeredir2.dll?s=consumerfav&c=3c01&lc=0409
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://store.presario.net/scripts/redirectors/presario/storeredir2.dll?s=consumerfav&c=3c01&lc=0409
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=56626&homepage=http://www.msn.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://store.presario.net/scripts/redirectors/presario/storeredir2.dll?s=consumerfav&c=3c01&lc=0409
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Compaq
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=c:\windows\system32\userinit.exe
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - c:\program files\adobe\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: REALBAR - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-C0FF-FD60B590A87D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Real\Toolbar\realbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WCOLOREAL] "C:\Program Files\COMPAQ\Coloreal\coloreal.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [srmclean] C:\Cpqs\Scom\srmclean.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Smapp] Smtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Portfolio] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WksSb.exe /AllUsers
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ButtonMonitor] S200
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VX3Fnm] C:\windows\temp\VX3Fnm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [4S2NSLA3QS#366] C:\WINDOWS\System32\KfmJ8U3.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [bzclncus] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igushcu.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [wmplayer] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe -invisible
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BosSAzv1k] C:\documents and settings\christopher\local settings\temp\BosSAzv1k.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [2jdq] C:\documents and settings\christopher\local settings\temp\2jdq.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ventvwre] C:\WINDOWS\Sys... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aim-works-but-ie-connection-is-lost.571250/
Relevancy 43.86%

problem I can open IE & got search all pages but when i try to go to msn, hotmail or yahoo email it goes to the blank page (same page as if you had no interent connection) I ran pc pit stop and ck activex and it say not supported. I ran anti virus and adware i ck the secuity connection all ck. it will also not let me download anything any help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-and-works-no-email-connection-200829.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have two PCs. One (PC A) with 7 Ultimate and the other (PC B) with 7 Pro.

PC B can connect with PC A and access all files.

PC A can see PC B in Windows Explorer Network but can not access any files.

The diagnostics of PC A says it is correct and there is a problem with PC B but does not give me any idea of what the problem may be.

Both machines are set to the same home network. But in changing PC A to Home from Public, PC B lost connection with PC A. Both are in the same IP grouping.

I do NOT use this network for the Internet as I use the WIFI on my phone.

A:Ethernet hub connection works only one way

You have to turn on "File and printer sharing"

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/298585-ethernet-hub-connection-works-only-one-way.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey guys.
i've installed Windows XP successfully with all drivers, including the Chipset.

But it wont show my connection on the bottom right toolbar.
Does anyone know how i can fix this?
And yes, I am connected to the internet obviously
Picture below:

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/4928/10772040.png

A:Connection Works - not showing up?

Fixed!
properties of the connection > Notification Icon > Apply to > Taskbar > Apply & ok.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/connection-works-not-showing-up-389136.html
Relevancy 43.86%

This is my first post so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong place. I don't think I am, but it's been a long day.

Here's my problem:

My wife has a desktop on LAN at her office. She has a laptop that she uses to access her desktop at her office via Cisco VPN client. All works fine - and has for months - until -

She bought a Targus keypad to input numbers fast. Model is PAUK10U. When she logs on the laptop locally, it works fine. But when she accesses her remote desktop at work, it doesn't send numbers to the apps she's running on her work desktop. She has admin rights on the laptop and -probably- admin rights on her desktop too.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

John

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-keypad-no-works-with-vpn-connection.584050/
Relevancy 43.86%

I wanted to see if a direct connection to the internet would somehow boost my upload (considering my router is in the way usually). I'm having trouble uploading, so anyways, I plug the wire from the pc into the modem directly. I wait, it shows the hourglass on the screen for a couple of seconds, then the internet doesn't work. I try restarting, and then doing ipconfig. It still says "Disconnected". What is going on here? Do I have a faulty wire, or something?

My router is a DLink DI704P if that helps (could it have done something to the pc?).

A:Net connection works with router, but not without?!

whoa, what kind of modem and internet connection type does it employ? what addressing scheme (static or dynamic)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/net-connection-works-with-router-but-not-without.29842/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I have been through such a big pain these past few days trying to figure this one out I just bought a new Dell Inspiron laptop with a wireless N adapter I bought a new router to go with it a TrendNet N Router TEW- BRP As I m typing this everything is working beautifully as I sit right next to the router with the laptop Everything connects wirelessly But it s when I leave the room with my laptop that everything shuts down The internet connection doesn t work Sometimes I m able to still be connected to the network close, up Connection not away far but works but not Connection works up close, but not far away the internet What gives Why am I able to be connected within feet of the router but not - feet away I ve called my ISP the router company and Dell but they all didn t have the solution I ve tried unplugging every wireless thing like cordless phones and everything in the house but still nothing Any suggestions I m desperate Thanks nbsp

A:Connection works up close, but not far away

1. Ensure you have the latest firmware for the router and drivers for your network adapter.

2. Have somebody else try it on their laptop and your router.

3. If it does the same thing, shoot the router and go buy a new one.
Different brand.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-works-up-close-but-not-far-away.814260/
Relevancy 43.86%

There is an employee here at work who went to china and the tech guys over there did some voodoo on it and now when she is in the office she can connect to the exchange server and the servers in our network... But the internet doesnt work. firefox or IE. Or anything else that goes out to the internet, skype etc. But if you turn on the VPN it works. Its like all internet traffic is being told to go through the VPN and only the VPN. Any ideas?

A:Internet only works when using vpn connection

Go to Control Panel/Internet Options/Connections/LAN settings. Uncheck Use Proxy Server. Go to Start/Run and type CMD and hit enter. In the Command Prompt type ipconfig /release and hit enter. Now type ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter. Now type ipconfig /renew and hit enter. You should have a new IP address and be able to access the internet.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-only-works-when-using-vpn-connection-441712.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Have set up a network of 4 computers (Belkin wireless router though setup is wired).

Internet connection works and all computers can see each other and lots of things are "shared".

However, computer 1 (XP Home) cannot be accessed by the others as it asks for a password.The other computers are all accessible to Computer 1. I cannot see how to give the other computers access on Computer 1.

I printed out "To grant incoming connections access rights to your computer" which I am not sure if this is correct and it says to open NETWORK CONNECTIONS which I did, and Click on Incoming Connections. However, there is no tab with this name.

So how do I circumvent this password message coming up every time I try to connnect to Computer 1?

Thanks!

Relevancy 43.86%

My dad just bought a new wireless router and out of our computers mine is having a problem My computer is a Dell Vostro with a Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card I am able to connect to the connection but not stay online I am not sure in what intervals I am being disconnected but it is super frustrating haha It seems my 1390 Issues Wireless Mini-Card- Wireless Connection WLAN Dell connection status is stuck on Authenticating I hope someone can help me I am quite unfamiliar with troubleshooting networking outside of Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues the simplest tasks Thank you in advance for any help Also I read an old post about someone else with a very similar problem and someone had said quot Start Run CMD OK to open a command prompt Type the following command IPCONFIG ALLRight click in the command window and choose Select All then hit Enter Paste the results in a message here quot So trying to maybe help find a solution sooner here are my results Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Sherry Berry gt ipconfig Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sherry Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd nj comcast net Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd nj comcast net Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - D- -B - C- C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Monday January PM Lease Expires Tuesday January PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - D- -A - -B C Documents and Settings Sherry Berry gt nbsp

A:Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues

Hi:Is this ipconfig /all at failure time ?
Try two things.
Go to the router makers site and download any more current firmware for your model.
Change the wireless channel being used.1/6/11 are US preferred.
Also:
1. Update the network drivers (wired and wireless) on your computer to the latest available.from your pc maker&#8217;s web site

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wireless-1390-wlan-mini-card-wireless-connection-issues.895391/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, I currently connect to the internet through a wired ethernet port in the wall which connects to my university's network.

I want to make this wireless since I bought a new macbook and was wondering if this product would do it? http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006PYGWG6

I don't know much about it but I was concerned because the Router Mode says 'cable connection only' and I'm not sure the connection is cable (is it ADSL?). Will I need anything else like a modem?

Any advice?

A:Making an ethernet university connection wireless with TP-LINK Wireless Travel Router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/making-an-ethernet-university-connection-wireless-with-tp-link-wireless-travel-router.1108900/
Relevancy 43.86%

Download Chromium 10.0.602.0 Free - Open source web browser for a safer, faster, and more stable way to experience de Internet - Softpedia
For awhile, Control + Shift + Left Click on a link did not open it in a foreground tab. Works now.

btw this is Chromium, not Chrome. Don't know if that was broken in Chrome or not. I've been using Chromium for a bit now. I recommend the zip package. Easier to back off to an old version if you save your profile. If the newer build is broken, just revert by copying a couple of folders. If you have bookmark sync set up then that should refresh any bookmarks you added while using the newer build.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/285739-chromium-10-0-602-0-open-tab-foreground-works.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello everyone i am in need of some help. And i am hoping someone can help me.
I have a few files that were created in works4 on a floppy.
Thease files were created on my old computer that had win 98. My new computer has win xp but i have installed works 4 on the new computer. but i can not open any of my wsp files that i have on floppys. I have read on here in another post about downloading a converter. Witch i have done but it keeps telling me file cannot open or there is a proplem converting. And i have not yet been able to convert this file. I downloaded the abc converter and another microsoft converter but nothing seems to work. Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

A:old works file on floppy will not open???

First you need to get those files someplace safer than a floppy disk, since floppies are quite good at going bad.

Copy all the the files to the harddrive and if you get an error message about being "unable to copy, cannot read from..." the chances are pretty good the floppy itself has gone bad.

If that happens trying to copy them all at once, go back and try to copy them to the harddrive one at a time. Sometimes some files can be salvaged but you'll lose any that happen to be on a damaged sector of the disk.

Sometimes (rarely), running a scandisk on the floppy will fix it enough to be able to retrieve some of the data on it.

If it copies to the harddrive, then you'll at least know there's nothing wrong with the files...and you might have better luck opening them from there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-works-file-on-floppy-will-not-open.154155/
Relevancy 43.86%

I'm trying to open a file that is saved in Works 8 but I keep getting this message:

Works cannot open "C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\Paid To wps". The file may be in use by another application, the file format may not be supported by any of the installed converters, or the file may be corrupt.

I don't know what this means, but I really need that file. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

A:Unable to open works document

You could try installing the windows compatibility pack from microsoft , see if that does the trick.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/HA101686761033.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-open-works-document.752113/
Relevancy 43.86%

Works was already installed on the PC when I purchased it in May, 2010. I was able to gfet the Works Task Master on the screen and access all of the programs except the calendar. Now I cannot get the Task Master to run.

Naturally, HP did not give me a Works CD. Is there anything I can do?

A:Solved: works calendar will not open

This is a program that is prinstalled on most HP Computers and you wouldn't have gotten a disc for it. The only way to reinstall it is actually going to be to do a Factory Recovery on your computer, or Purchase the Works Program and do a fresh install of it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-works-calendar-will-not-open.999192/