Windows Support Forum

Reformat Old HP Pavillion

Q: Reformat Old HP Pavillion

I ve never done this before and I m a little scared I m going to screw something up I need to completely reformat my old computer Its an HP Pavilion that s Pavillion HP Old Reformat about yrs old It was given to me by a family member who has had different computers since she got this one and has mixed all the CDs together so doesn t know what is what So I do not have original CDs I don t think back then they gave you CDs for XP anyhow It has an extra hard drive a friend put in - that apparently was never installed correctly as when you turn it on you get a message about it not being installed properly But it works From reading stuff online it seems to do a real reformat you must boot from the CD that came with the computer Windows XP Now as I said above I don t have this But what I do have is a Dell Operating System CD that came with my new Dell which also runs Windows XP Will I be able to reformat using only this CD Will everything be okay with it I m think I read that you may need a CD with drivers on it again don t have it Is that going to be a major issue Will the hard drive that my friend installed be okay Last but not least is there anything else I should be aware of Should I not even attempt this

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Reformat Old HP Pavillion

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Reformat Old HP Pavillion

You could attempt it as it can't hurt, but I would be very surprised if it worked as the Dell CD will be set up to run with Dell hardware.

If after you install Windows it won't boot properly try booting into Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/243569/reformat-old-hp-pavillion/
Relevancy 32.68%

hi all I tried taking battery off tried just charger etc but wont turn on could someone help on where to start to try find problem its got no hard drive in it as I bought it 2nd hand with out a hard drive in it .. thanks in advance

A:HP Pavillion dv5 won't turn on

Do you see anything on the screen when you switch on? Any fan noise? It should start briefly then find the hard drive missing, as long as there is power(?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv5-wont-turn-on.180658/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi all

I have got a new desktop PC, which works fine with Ethernet but I am not able to connect through wireless.When I tried to connect to the broadband, it says error connecting to the Broadband connection
Error 651: The modem (or other connecting device) has reported error. However, same comnnection works very well with my vista home premium Dell Laptop.

Thanks in advance
Pxray

A:HP Pavillion PC with windows 8 works ethernet works well but not able to connect through wireless

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-pc-with-windows-8-works-ethernet-works-well-but-not-able-to-connect-through-wireless.202705/
Relevancy 31.39%

I powered down the machine yesterday (Shut Down) and now this morning the computer will not boot.
When I try to boot the machine the BIOS screen does not appear, the HD light flickers on but then stays off. All other lights on the machine are on as normal. The fan kicks in within 30 seconds and sounds like it's running at maximum revs.
I did a hard reset and reseated the HD and the RAM and replaced the RTC battery without fixing the issue.
I will disassemble the unit and make sure the fan is not clogged, in the meantime does anyone have any thoughts ?
TIA
Arfer

A:HP Pavillion DV6700 will not start, no BIOS screen just black

The motherboard has probably failed do to consistent overheating over time...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv6700-will-not-start-no-bios-screen-just-black.189056/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi everyone New to this forum My tower which was running XP but is probably years old got pretty heavily infected with viruses malware After several attempts at clearing it out with software I decided i should just reformat because its been awhile and I never really have I think the first thing I did was boot from CD using a copy of windows Probably not the original used for my computer but I don t think that matters Each time I attempt to install windows however it gets to a screen that says quot Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer quot and claims setup cannot continue I ve searched a bit for answers but none seem to fit or have solutions that will work for me since it should not be a hardware issue I also went into the RAID utility and had that reformat something thinking that might help or be necessary Part of the problem is I can t find any of my original installation disks aside from the motherboard and graphics card On boot up and in BIOS it claims there is no IDE channel Master or Slave What can I do or is there anything you can recommend I thought I saw trying HDD Problem to when find can't reformat, somewhere that my HD or motherboard might not be compatible with this XP disc and I would need to make Problem when trying to reformat, can't find HDD one of my own that would allow detection of my HD is that possible nbsp

A:Problem when trying to reformat, can't find HDD

What kind of hard drive are you using? IDE or SATA?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-when-trying-to-reformat-cant-find-hdd.174280/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have a HP Pavillion dv5000 and would like to replace the cmos battery due to charging issues. I can't find the darn thing. I removed the keyboard and the wifi card and NO battery. I removed the ram sticks also to see and still no battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Seems easy but you try lookin in this machine lol

A:HP Pavillion CMOS battery... where the heck is it?

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00700959.pdf

Section 5.8 RTC Battery, page 5-16

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-cmos-battery-where-the-heck-is-it.173717/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a Hp Pavilion with a 4.2 score, AMD Turion II P560 Dual-Core 2.50GHz, 4gb ram 300 gb storage, and a AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250. I can play games like minecraft well on High performance and HD, 3D graphics but I want to play more games like Battlefield and Black Ops, MW2 MW3 -Beta. I use Game booster but it only seems to end my processes, how can i run my laptop to be faster for gaming without lag?

A:How can I make my HP Pavillion G-series computer run games faster?

go into battery settings and change to high performance, also most the time with laptops specs dont handle like there advertised due to battery and "saving space" issues. On top of that just try doing the normal, clear off empty hdd space, and use a good defrag program like auslogics and optimize to read the data faster. Trust me gaming is hard enough with just BF2 on my dinosaur of a laptop stuck to windowed resolutions of 800x600

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-make-my-hp-pavillion-g-series-computer-run-games-faster.170081/
Relevancy 31.82%

it possible to place a ATI Radeon HD 5750 in a HP pavillion slimline?

I want to know because i just bought just cause 2 for pc and i dont have the right Graphics card so im planning to buy the graphics card.

btw im 13 so i cant afford everything.

thanks for your help

UPDATE: the version of the PC is S3330f

A:Is it possible to place an ATI Radeon HD 5750 in a HP Pavillion Slimline?

From the information I could gather 8800GT is 9" long and roughly 4.7" high. Whereas, this XFX HD 5750 is 7.9" by 4.4". So if these measurements are true to your existing system, you should be ok with this card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-possible-to-place-an-ati-radeon-hd-5750-in-a-hp-pavillion-slimline.169743/
Relevancy 31.82%

This is the strangest problem some Pavillion work don't TX2500, keys HP that I have ever run into The computer is less than years old the motherboard has been replaced once already Some of the keys on the keyboard do not work The keys that do work output in all caps when the caps lock is off and output in lower case when caps lock is on This HP Pavillion TX2500, some keys don't work is what I have tried already Uninstall the keyboard and drivers in device manager Scanned for viruses and malware-Negative Tried the battery removal power cord out press power to discharge the capacitors and still no good Tried a USB keyboard and a different set of keys don t work Tried the keyboard on my HTC Thunderbolt while connected using Gmote and even less keys work Tried a system restore and a clean install of Ubuntu Same nonsense Removed the keyboard from the laptop and re-seated the connector Now my head hurts Does anyone have any ideas that I have not tried I m thinking it s the motherboard keyboard controller which means I am not replacing the motherboard in this thing again UUGGhh Thank you very much in advance nbsp

A:HP Pavillion TX2500, some keys don't work

Bought a replacement keyboard and it did not work, which I expected. The keyboard was $56 from HP. I am returning it and they are charging me $25 restocking fee! Almost 50%...

HP sucks! I think it's time for a Macbook!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-tx2500-some-keys-dont-work.167676/
Relevancy 30.96%

A few hours ago why running a few programs and things nothing that taxing like a game or anything my computer randomly shut down Now when (BIOS/startup loop malfunction?) dv3150nr HP Pavillion boot I tried to reboot it or when it restarted itself im not too sure It would flash a blank DOS window with a blinking quot quot for - seconds then go to the HP BIOS screen and remain there for a few seconds HP Pavillion dv3150nr boot loop (BIOS/startup malfunction?) At HP Pavillion dv3150nr boot loop (BIOS/startup malfunction?) the point in which it would normally go to the next screen and start loading windows it instead started the booting process all over and went back to the BIOS screen and would do this continually until i pressed the power button and shut it off I have no idea what is the problem and how to fix it I ran the memory and other daignostics in the bios and they did not come up with any errors My antivirus expired not too long ago but i dont think a virus could do this I did at one time get a message something like this quot Primary internal Battery storage capacity of battery very low replace battery But that make have been a fluke caused by me trying to perform a quot hard reset quot by removing the battery and draining the remaining power in the notebook I am no longer under warranty By days Doesn t this always happen and I m at a loss for what to do I may still be able to boot from a disk but before I try anything like that I need to understand what is causing the problem and how best to fix it Any help would be appreciated Notebook stats pretty much the only thing I m able to access in the bios besides diagnostic tests Notebook model HP Pavillion dv Notebook PC Windows Vista SYSTEM BOARD ID PROCESSOR TYPE INTEL CORE DUO CPU P GHz Total Memory MB BIOS Version F nbsp

A:HP Pavillion dv3150nr boot loop (BIOS/startup malfunction?)

The primary internal battery might be the motherboard CMOS battery. Sounds like the hard drive may have gone bad... Once you get the laptop to boot, you can address the weak CMOS battery. Can you get into the boot devices in the bios at all?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv3150nr-boot-loop-bios-startup-malfunction.158538/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi i am using acer aspire 4920 laptop
recently i format my system after that i cant able to connect to the wireless n/w
i tried with window xp, vista and 7 it is taking longer than usual and disconnect
but it can detect all networks
i changed the os to linux ubuntu wireless workinng with out any problem

can any body help

A:Can't connect to Internet after reformat

Is your wireless card switched on there should be a key on the keyboard also look in the device manager to see if everything is working and check that you have the latest drivers installed.

When you have done all that check your Internet settings. Then let me know how it goes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-internet-after-reformat.157345/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi I need to replace a screen on the above laptop - however I am unsure which screen I need - there seems to be one with a dual back light - and a 17.3" screen size as wellas the 17" - any ideas how I could find out which part I need ?

A:HP Pavillion DV9000 - Which screen to replace

Look on the back of the screen itself there should be some numbers on the back of the screen type model number from the back of the screen into google or eBay that will give you the correct screen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv9000-which-screen-to-replace.157418/
Relevancy 32.68%

my lap top freezes when i turn it on. the only thing i get is a black screen with hp invent in the middle. i put a disc in with windows xp home edition on it to try to swipe the computer but when i turn it on i cant even get to boot from disc. any ideas?

A:HP Pavillion ze4400

That unit is old enough to have begun some problems with the hard drive... or heat from dust, dirt, fiber...

Clean out thoroughly with canned air and denatured alcohol.

Can you put the drive in an external USB enclosure to see if you can access the data on another computer? If so, look for the SMART test results.

HP has used in that model Hitachi, Samsung, Western Digital, and Seagate... so it would be helpful to know more about the hard drive installed.

Luckily hard drives are very low cost nowadays... so I would look for another at Frys, NewEgg, Directron, CDW, Zipzoomfly, or other supplier and see if you can install windows to it... If you need help, let us know.

But there have been a lot of system board failure reports... due to excess heat.

What is the age of that laptop and components.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-ze4400.156583/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi all,

How can i create a partition which can be used as a reformat back up.
This is to avoid having to use a DVD ISO with windows 7.

The partition i am referring to is something laptops have where if they need to reformat they just reformat from the 'saved ISO OS image' in a permanent partition without having to insert a DVD with the OS data files.

So basically - how to save a permanent OS image on a partition which can be used to reformant the computer when booting up.

Hope someone can help, considering i may not have been too clear.

Thanks

Regards

A:Creating a permanent partiton with reformat ISO

Something like Norton Ghost and Acronis True Image would do this. You either need a partition on your boot drive (other than the boot partition) or space on another drive to store the image of your OS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/creating-a-permanent-partiton-with-reformat-iso.155645/
Relevancy 32.68%

i have an hp pavillion dv 6 entertainment notebook ? can i enhance it with new 3 d card?? it has a built it mobile chip set !

A:HP Pavillion notebook

General speaking, you cannot upgrade the video card or GPU in a laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-notebook.153825/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello
my laptop stopped picking up wireless network, it wont' recognized the wireless assistant, I tried every possible solution online (updating bios, reinstalling the drivers, changed the network card) and still nothing. any suggestions? will buying a usb wireless adapter give me the option to connect to wireless networks?

Thank you

Ori

A:HP Pavillion DV 6000 stopped picking up wireless networks

Welcome to the club and I don't say that sarcastically; I feel your pain. This is quite a well known problem with HP's DV 6000 series; a series that had MAJOR failures with their motherboards due to poor cooling. Their 9000 series also had epic fails. One tech guy that I know told me that in their shop the wireless card failing was the beginning sign of motherboard issues.

Its not your wireless card per se though. I speak from personal experience as my daughter's wireless connection died as well. I even replaced the card and it still didn't work. I also did everything you mentioned plus I followed HP's instructions. I even contacted them and the cost to fix was rediculous. They even said it most likely is a motherboard issue after I did everything they instructed to resolve the issue.

So to answer your last question: Yes, a USB wireless adapter will work. It did for my daughter and we hope this system will last us till she graduates this coming May.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv-6000-stopped-picking-up-wireless-networks.153254/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi all this is my first time here so hopefully i will be able sound on HP found dv6618ca Pavillion No to be successful for what i am here My problem is with my PC NOT having any SOUND at all The sound symbol No sound found on HP Pavillion dv6618ca on the right hand corner of the screen has an X mark over it and when i move the mouse over it it No sound found on HP Pavillion dv6618ca says quot No audio output device is installed quot This is what i tried to fix from reading all the other similar posts on net -I tried to restore my Pc to an Earliest point or b this problem occured and it didn t seem to fix the problem at all -I went to the HP software hardware site to install the audio software and it didn t work either once the installation was about to complete it would display a message saying quot Installation failed no MEDIA device is installed for this driver - I also read people saying go to Device Manager and update the Audio sound n so on thing BUT there is no Such thing as audio or such similar terms to click on and install update it -so i decided to REFORMAT my PC maybe that will fix it I even reformatted the PC BUT STILL NO SOUND -so i tried to go back to the HP s website to install the audio software and it gave the same message again I recently spend alot of money trying to get the fan fixed and new battery now i dont wanna end spending more on this sound I am hoping someone would really help me out and i really appretiate it thanks a bunch in advance nbsp

A:No sound found on HP Pavillion dv6618ca

It almost sounds as though Windows no longer detects a sound card....

Check your BIOS. Is there any setting Enable / Disable Onboard Audio?

Report on any BIOS settings, then Generate a Problem Device report

Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
Generate and attach a DirectX report

click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-found-on-hp-pavillion-dv6618ca.152090/
Relevancy 31.82%

I own a Hp Pavillion dv6700 laptop and recently it wouldn't turn on for more than a few seconds. I tried troubleshooting by removing the battery and turning it on just with the powersupply, no difference. Vice versa.

I purchased another charger to see if that would help. Despite trying different combinations with chargers, batter in/out, the computer still only turns on for a few seconds(nothing comes up on the screen) and then turns itself off.

Reading some other forums similiar to this problem has yielded no help.

Another thing - the port that I plug the power supply into it seems like the cord can move around a bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv6700-wont-boot-up-more-than-4-seconds.152014/
Relevancy 28.38%

I am at my wits end with this computer We received it yesterday at pm and tried Pavillion on "new" disconnected Winsock error/media HP refurbished for hours to get it connected to the internet with no luck Winsock error/media disconnected on "new" refurbished HP Pavillion We have another laptop ipod touch PS and Wii all connected to the same router with no problems I have tried just about everything you can possibly imagine I even tried downloading a program that says it fixes winsock errors and it couldn t find anything wrong The computer has nothing on Winsock error/media disconnected on "new" refurbished HP Pavillion it so any scans I have run turn up no problems The computer shows that the wireless card is working correctly and the computer can find all available networks just cannot connect When I try to go to a website and then troubleshoot I get this info Error attempting to validate the Winsock base providers Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock catalog A reset is needed already tried a reset When you try ipconfig it shows quot media disconnected quot I don t know what to do anymore nbsp

A:Winsock error/media disconnected on "new" refurbished HP Pavillion

We figured it out finally. We had to reset the router to factory settings and then connect the hp laptop first and now everything is online.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/winsock-error-media-disconnected-on-new-refurbished-hp-pavillion.151111/
Relevancy 29.67%

For some reason, my dimension 2400 has not been the same after I reformatted. I've reinstalled all the recommended drivers from dell and am running xp home edition. The problem is that my cpu is unusually strained. Not from a background processes, but from active processes. For example, if I were to run a simple animation the cpu usage would be maxed out. Even the lightest flash games strain the cpu to max. Now, I'm not sure if its the software or hardware to blame, but my first guess would be the software as hardware is meant to last for many a year. If you have any insight, please share.

Thank you, Alex.

A:CPU spiking, even after reformat

If you downloaded your graphics driver from Dell, try going to Nvidia's website to download the latest graphics driver. Click here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-spiking-even-after-reformat.150422/
Relevancy 31.82%

ok so i have a dv hp pavillion with win vista home premium actually the laptop is a series but that shouldnt matter to much just for some of you to pinpoint the problem more accurately First of all thanks for reading and trying to diagnose this wierd problem Problem is as states i originally found a problem with my laptop shortly turning it off one day the problem was that when i closed the lid on the laptop shortly after it would shut down as in not sleep but i could hear the hdd awkardly turn on hear the fan then it would kick off and power problem hp pavillion Laptop lid dv9000 i could hear the hdd loose power like if you were to unplug a from a usb connection passed it as a power issue and quickly went into the power settings to make sure that hybrid hybernation was turned off that sleep was the only option for lid Laptop dv9000 hp pavillion lid power problem closings and there were no timers on and everything is how it should have been and dismissed the problem once again shortly after noticing this problem it the power issue when i close the lid became more of an instant thing like it would try to sleep only to have the computer go into a state loosing power all together as i shut the lid or something to that effect so i thought that the lid option or some sys driver may have failed or became corrupt over several years of using my laptop so i decided to venture into the old manual and box get the system restore disks and proceed unfortuantely this didnt fix the problem either so i have elimenated several things so far one itts not the power options two its not the OS itself so i thought it may be something else and started to just shut the computer down when i had to close the lid but to my suprise even if i shut the comptuer down via the Fn Fx button or the start shutdown option and waited untill the computer fully shut down and then closed the lid it still did the same thing as i would close the lid it would power on only briefly then shut off as if it would totally loose power so now i am at a standstill and am asking for some help as i have no idea what this is other than the lid switch or something more familiar with these laptop models and it being something more of the internal hardware any help will work and i can post any type of diagnostic data needed thanks ps the laptop is officially a dv cl with a C D ghz processor gb of ddr mhz two hdds one has been replaced the os drive a gb wd black mb cache and the second is the factory installed hitatchi gb storage drive both independent from each other nbsp

A:Laptop dv9000 hp pavillion lid power problem

Have you tried restoring the laptop to the original purchased state? Or even doing a Windows Restore to an earlier time?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-dv9000-hp-pavillion-lid-power-problem.146359/
Relevancy 28.38%

A new USB flash memory Cruzer Gb formatted as fat refuses to accept files when program USB Need drive. reformat flash to tips? erratic Any I move drag them into it from my HD and shows a message Cannot create or Need program to reformat erratic USB flash drive. Any tips? replace file folder Cannot find specified file Make sure you specify correct path and file name Never before had such a problem with USB flash memory Standard test shows nothing Tried to fix the problem by doing optimization error check in Properties window and also to reformat using the standard approach with Windows Computer just does nothing Properties for the USB flash tells me that both free and used paces are zero Also did try other approaches incl from this website - nothing works Now I m stuck with this dead USB flash I am prepared to throw it away but want to try some more powerful program which will wipe it Need program to reformat erratic USB flash drive. Any tips? and reformat it from the top to the bottom Any ideas for such a software please I have Windows XP pro This is one-off task and I am looking for free or shareware Thanks for your practical tip nbsp

A:Need program to reformat erratic USB flash drive. Any tips?

HP USB format utility is most commonly used, you seem to have no objection about erasing data, but just to mention it, the format will delete everything.
If that doesn't work, then thats bad. There's the HDD low level format utility, but i've never used nor had to use it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-program-to-reformat-erratic-usb-flash-drive-any-tips.146179/
Relevancy 28.81%

This is something I struggle with every time I do a reformat on a strange machine If I m not able to write down the what hardware is in the machine I have a hell of a time determining which drivers I need Of course for some you can unknown after reformat? Determining hardware do a physical inspection and the product name is printed Determining unknown hardware after reformat? right on the side but with my killers are integrated video cards and network controls For example I just had to do a reformat of our Dell Vostro at work I wasn t able to write down what the network controller was or the graphics card are before hand Luckily there was only a few options for the network control listed on the dell site and I was able to get the right one on the first try But there are different cards and drivers listed on the dell site for the graphics cards gt lt So does anyone have a reliable way of determining which graphics card is running with integrated graphics cards Not just for this case but in general Thanks nbsp

A:Determining unknown hardware after reformat?

A method I used to use a long time ago was to open Device Manager and select the device

then go into Properties of that device and Details and select Hardware IDs

and then google pertinent parts of the IDs
In this case I'd google VEN_1002&DEV_9442 - but sometimes you have to search for different portions of the strings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/determining-unknown-hardware-after-reformat.146154/
Relevancy 28.81%

so my computer got a virus from an exe because of me doing something stupid anyways the first thing it did was give me a blue screen then whenever i restarted my computer after the windows loading screen appeared it would blue screen so i decided to reformat thats the easy way to get rid of it right apparently not when it got to the point were it was quot starting windows quot after reformat a getting wont Computer virus after loading all the stuff from the cd it would blue screen some kind Computer wont reformat after getting a virus of b error i looked it up and was told i could use a program called DBAN to clean the hard drive completely well i did that now it has let me get to select partition part on the cd but when i selected the unpartitioned space and Computer wont reformat after getting a virus begin a quick reformat it gives me an unknown error at i dont know what to do this is really frustrating and i could use any help i can get if it helps these are the tools i have to work with i have an external dvdrw drive a portable hard drive and a mb flash drive Computer wont reformat after getting a virus no floppy drive but an internal dvd drive please help nbsp

A:Computer wont reformat after getting a virus

Hi

take a look here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-reformat-after-getting-a-virus.145027/
Relevancy 31.82%

Base System Device
PCI BUS2 Device 5 Function 2
PCI BUS2 Device 5 Function 3

Coprocessor
PCI Bus 0 Device 1 Function 3

Thanks In Advance

A:HP Pavillion DV6809WM - I Need Some Driver Referrels For Win7x64

Please give a lot more detail as to computer, configuration, and problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv6809wm-i-need-some-driver-referrels-for-win7x64.144890/
Relevancy 27.95%

windows xp pro failed to install correctly. How do I reformat new hard drive so I can start over?

A:Windows XP Pro failed to install correct how do I reformat new hard drive

Whenever you reinstall XP you get the opportunity to reformat the harddrive.
This may be of help http://tweakhound.com/xp/installxp/installXP1.htm
On the 4th blue screenshot when presented with your harddrive (partition) press "D" to delete the current partition, the harddrive then becomes "unpartitioned space" then press "C" to create the new partition- specify a partition size, or the whole drive, then highlight the 3rd option (as in the screenshot) "Format the partition using the NTFS file system"- depending on the Harddrive size it might take a while. Once it's finished you're formatted and you continue the install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-pro-failed-to-install-correct-how-do-i-reformat-new-hard-drive.140749/
Relevancy 30.96%

You re gonna love this one no ANY 6000 now HP display of gone. Disabled recognition driver, Pavillion graphics Lots of quirks along the way So get a laptop from my mom HP Pavillion 6000 display gone. Disabled driver, now no recognition of ANY graphics It was her old one It had been wiped clean It came preloaded with Vista she put XP on it and got frustrated and gave it HP Pavillion 6000 display gone. Disabled driver, now no recognition of ANY graphics to me All the drivers worked great except the graphics driver From searching it appears to be an NVidia Go series Believe I tried the full install from NVidia and the short driver install from HP the only one for this laptop no luck Keeps telling me no drivers are HP Pavillion 6000 display gone. Disabled driver, now no recognition of ANY graphics recognized In my hissy fit I turned off the vgasafe in properties gt Settings gt Advanced gt Monitor Okay no graphics at all Runs great still I use narrator and go into the same settings but as I go through I hear my monkey man speak out that the resolution is x x with no options I continue to advanced where there s nothing The advanced button no longer works So I head to the run command and bring up the Device Manager to enable that way Display Adapter is gone completely I even did a walkthrough to enable from the display Device Manager I try all the boot modes my BIOS has no area for graphics settings Safe with out command sticks at mup sys The other modes leave me black screened I go back in try to install basic and NVidia drivers from a CDRom with Narrator s help again Still says no hardware for NVidia found and the other kept erroring out Here s the quirks I have no Win CD I just got it Ma trashed the disc when I took the laptop and it s XP Home which meant I needed to burn a disc before it died Even so it seems the Recovery solution hasn t worked in the very limited info I ve been Googling for the last hours Display adapter is completely missing Advanced button in the desktop settings doesn t go anywhere I would install my copy of Win XP Pro to get it going but from again the limited info this does not fix the problem either Is the only solution at this point to completely reformat with my own Win XP From there it still seems that the drivers never worked with XP even though HP says they do Am I stuck forever in cheesy blur mode if I stick with XP Thanks in advance hopefully there s some more detailed advice here than what I ve been able to find nbsp

A:HP Pavillion 6000 display gone. Disabled driver, now no recognition of ANY graphics

it seams to me what you need to to do is reinstall windows vista and then go from there, if you have some money then go buy windows 7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-6000-display-gone-disabled-driver-now-no-recognition-of-any-graphics.140595/
Relevancy 29.24%

Got a HP Laptop with Windows Vista on it. For whatever reason, when it boots up now, it just goes into an endless loop.

Nothing comes on to the screen, can't get into safe mode, can't do jack.

Last time I had this problem, I gave it to a friend of mine who got it going.

I'd like to know how to take care of this myself.

Please help.

A:How Do You Reformat a Computer that Won't Boot Up

How Do You Reformat a Computer that Won't Boot UpClick to expand...

Your computer does boot up
You can even select Safe Mode (except Safe Mode doesn't work of course)
Is this correct ?

You can only "format" a Windows installed computer, outside Windows
ie: With the Windows install disc, or from selecting the Function button that allows you to get to System Recovery options

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-you-reformat-a-computer-that-wont-boot-up.137372/
Relevancy 31.82%

hi my name is thomas has anyone come across this fault

hp pavillion dv 6500 blank screen

A:Hp pavillion dv 6500 blank screen

It is an issue that has been reported before. How old is your DV6500? And what is the model number from the label on the back?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv-6500-blank-screen.136141/
Relevancy 32.25%

My HP Pavillion Laptop has stopped booting. I only get the blue powerlights to flash briefly once. I have tried removing the battery, disconnecting the bios battery - all to no avail.

Following hp's troubleshooting guides, this points to a cpu failure - is it worth replacing the CPU (AMD) - or does the whole motherboard need replacing.

A:HP Pavillion DV6000 - Not Booting

There have been huge issues with that series of HP laptops... I suggest you call HP and discuss the problem. HP has recently admitted some of these problems and has accommodated some owners with repairs, even out of warranty repairs.

It is my understanding that it is a motherboard problem, and the CPU is fine... but my info is all second hand... so call HP and be persistent.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv6000-not-booting.135935/
Relevancy 31.82%

I recently had to replace the mother board in my HP Pavillion a620n because of a nearby lightning strike. The replacement was done by a certified technician. Now when I shut the PC down I must turn off the powe strip it is connected to, turn the power stip back on and then press the power button on the top right of the PC case.

Prior to the replacement all I had to do was press the power buitton. I have checked all power settings etc and they are correct.

When I turn the power strip back on the hard drive accesss light flickers, the DVD drive light flashes and the fan start. I then pust the power button and the computer boots.

A:Trouble with powering up HP Pavillion 1620n

The power supply is the first piece of hardware to be hit by a power surge. it also may have been damaged

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-powering-up-hp-pavillion-1620n.131815/
Relevancy 28.38%

This problem seems to appear alot, but none of the previously stated fixes seem to fix my problem.

After I formatted the hard drive and installed a new XP, my video is real clunky when scrolling web pages, and more importantly I have no sound.

My Display Devices identifies nothing.
My Sound Devices identifies nothing.

i am relaly lost for what to do. Something I saw in another thread was to change some settings in the BIO;s (or something) I altered drivers to Plug n Play (I think) but that doesnt alter anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Just remember I have no Driver CD's and Windows Update is not helpful for me.

Also, i attached some info that a previous thread was beneficial.

A:Reformat XP, No Device Drivers, no sound and clunky video

can you please check and confirm that this is your motherboard?

ASUS M2N-MX SE

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reformat-xp-no-device-drivers-no-sound-and-clunky-video.131907/
Relevancy 29.67%

hey im reformatting a laptop but i dont have the xp cd for it but i do have one for another laptop can i use that cd but use the activation code on the actual laptop that im wiping the data from.

A:No Windows CD but want to reformat

Yes but you may still have to call Microsoft to activate the software

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-windows-cd-but-want-to-reformat.130898/
Relevancy 28.38%

hi i formatted a packard bell easynote mx45 and after that i have installed its drivers from the original packard bell site but my sound card wont work at all

A:Packard Bell audio won't work after reformat

Sounds like a driver issue.

Try these, pick the right hd audio driver for your operating system (eg,, vista , xp).

http://driverscollection.com/?H=EasyNote MX45 series&By=Packard Bell

Theres a lot of ads on this site so be carefull where you click

Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/packard-bell-audio-wont-work-after-reformat.129834/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hope this is the right section Hi I m quite new here and I wanted to know if I could upgrade the CPU and maybe the video card of my laptop Any help would be appreciated thanks My specs Time of this report Machine name OWNER-PC Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium Build Service Pack vistasp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC BIOS Ver PARTTBL Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page dv6700 I Pavillion upgrade Can my laptop? HP File MB used Can I upgrade my laptop? HP Pavillion dv6700 MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode Card name NVIDIA GeForce M GS Manufacturer NVIDIA Can I upgrade my laptop? HP Pavillion dv6700 Chip type GeForce M GS DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS CC C amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Generic PnP Monitor Driver Name nvd dum dll nvwgf um dll Driver Version English DDI Version Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- - CF- E-C C CA Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x CC C Revision ID x A Revision ID x A nbsp

A:Can I upgrade my laptop? HP Pavillion dv6700

I have found from personal experience that HP is decent on responding to upgrade questions. They should be able to tell you what can and cannot be upgraded and then buy the parts from a cheaper source.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-upgrade-my-laptop-hp-pavillion-dv6700.127262/
Relevancy 29.24%

Im working on my friends computer and it keeps crashing Specs MSI MS- Ver Intel Celeron Ghz MB Kingston PC New nVidia GeForce Mb AGP x GB Hitachi Hard Drive Sony DVD CD Burner watt Thermaltake PSU At first the on-board VGA stopped working I replaced it with a even reformat BSOD after Random AGP card and it worked fine for a month before it started having problems The original of the original ram sticks in bank stopped working Kept getting random BSOD s so I tossed the old Random BSOD even after reformat ram and left in the new Kingston stick Installed the new stick and it still BSOD s randomly They were very random but I got one written down x E xC x xB x IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL I thought Ram So I ran the stick on both DIMM slots with memtest multiple times and it found NO errors CPU temp oC at idle Random BSOD even after reformat cleaned heatsink applied AS still BSOD Next I broke the system down to the basics PSU CPU RAM Video card HD CD drive STILL BSOD Next I swapped out the PSU still BSOD Test hard drive with HDAT Hitachi drive fitness passed Reformat HD and reinstall Xp Pro not loading any Mobo drivers still BSOD Installed Mobo drivers minus nVidia drivers still BSOD Removed front panel USB connectors Swapped HD full format reinstall OS still BSOD Swapped Video card still BSOD BIOS is up to date only add-in card is the Video card I am at a loss spending wayy too much time on this thing Any help would be appreciated I know mini-dump files would be some help but I just re-formatted the HD again and havent reloaded the OS yet and im beat for now The only things I havent crossed out are the CPU and Mobo Are there any DOS based programs that I can use to test it The only boot disk I have ATM is Hirens Im guessing the Mobo may have crapped out especially since the on-board Video broke The on-board LAN works intermittently The system was built by another dude two years ago I dont see any damge on the Mobo Please help Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Random BSOD even after reformat

Sounds like the Chipset is knackered to be honest, it seems to be having problems across the entire spectrum, so I'd say it's the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsod-even-after-reformat.126725/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello, Ive just recently reformated my driver to a fresh reinstall of vista. But somehow my driver is still half full, the capacity of my partitioned hard drive is 109GB. When I checked the remaining space, I only have 77GB which is weird because I havent installed any programs yet.

I dont know what caused it, Its already using 32GB. I checked my program files and its only using 1.1GB the rest is only 3GB.

A:Fresh reformat but my HD is still half full

I would check the size of your windows installation is mine is coming close to 20gb so you will deffo be losing some of that space there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fresh-reformat-but-my-hd-is-still-half-full.126472/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi...
New here any help would be ridiculously appreciated!!

Here's my issue, I have a laptop that trys to boot then comes back with an error of an invalid partition table.

I have tried to re-format it with the operating system (XP Home) it gets to a point and the machine just shuts down. Won't re-format.

I have tried to run memtest86+ on it and it does the same thing, runs for a bit but then the machine shuts down. I did notice while running memtest that one of the categories.. Chipset stated it was disabled, is that a sign of a dead motherboard??

CAN I FIX THIS AT ALL??????

Please help

Jane

A:HP Pavillion dv8000 won't start

Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step (* Including Delete Partition)
http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdoldhdd/indexfullpage.htm

* Warning deleting the Partition will remove all User data and Windows system files

Can be done on HP or Dell as well Actually any Windows computer
Oh I removed your not required reply on the memtest guide too
Thanks Jane

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv8000-wont-start.126308/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hey I hope this is the right section of the forum to post this I recently had trouble with my computer and reformatted and then had no audio so I posted my specs on the site in hopes of finding a driver for my audio card I was helped almost immediately and got my audio working in no time Shortly after that I restarted my computer and had my Network Connection try to quot Aquiring IP (even after address reformat) 169.254 IP address I tried a clean reformat again after fiddling with it for hours and finally found out I had a static Ip that could not be released or renewed no matter how hard I tried After reformat I had blank entries and tried the ipconfig renew command and was met with the address again even after a clean start Also met with the unable to contact DCHP server Request timed out My Cisco teacher informed me that I probably just needed a driver for the mother board I was wondering if anyone could help me find the correct driver for the onboard NIC which might solve the issue My specs are 169.254 IP address (even after reformat) Intel Pentium CPU GHz Motherboard No manufactuerer given Model P X - SOYO Dragon Motherboard Chipset VIA PT VT Rev BIOS Phoenix Technologies Ver PG gigs of RAM gig of HDD space Running Windows XP Professional Edition Clean format as of today Sorry to double post but I want to thank the forum and all the great members in advance for their speedy responses great help and genuinely nice people Thank you and I hope someone can help P S Also checked the Intel site for any drivers but could not find any nbsp

A:169.254 IP address (even after reformat)

i have seen NIC's fail to obtain DHCP because of firewall issues as well as partial hardware failures.

Disable all firewalls.

You might also try to set a static temporarily to see if the NIC is functioning. if that works, but it still will not obtain DHCP, replacement of the nic is the solution.

soyousa.com

now that i have 5 posts: look here: http://www.soyousa.com/content/Downloads/155/&c=27&p=148&l=English

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/169-254-ip-address-even-after-reformat.125942/
Relevancy 31.82%

Help! I've got a problem with my laptop keyboard. The touchpad works fine but every time I try using the keyboard, everything freezes. Even the volume control buttons on the side of the laptop won't work. Right now the keyboards are disabled, saying that they've been disabled since the drivers may be corrupt or missing. I've been using the on-screen keyboard, but it's so hard to type documents. I hope you can give me advice on how to resolve this. Thanks much!

BTW, my laptop's model is ze4908us (i mixed 8 & 0 on the title) ==sorry!

A:Keyboard problems (HP Pavillion ze4908us)

Hi rhaiven29, please first confirm that all your System Drivers are up to date
You can do this by going here and clicking on "Start Detection" button http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100655.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-problems-hp-pavillion-ze4908us.124016/
Relevancy 32.25%

I read the posting CM Lanman, explaining basicially the very same problem I'm experiencing with HP Pavillion zt3000 laptop. When I boot the computer up, all I get is a black screen, any help out there.

Michael

A:Problem with HP Pavillion zt3000

Can you boot all the way into Normal Mode at all (if there's a problem you may have to wait like ten mins) ?

Can you boot into Safe Mode successfully ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-hp-pavillion-zt3000.97260/
Relevancy 31.82%

Standby does not work since I installed the latest XP SP3.
When the 1230 goes into standby, the screen goes blank and the keyboard is locked. It will not quickly resume with an active screen regardless of which key is depressed. In order to recover, the power must be turned off, and then back on in order to continue. In effect, standby works like hibernate, even though hibernate is not enabled. Any ideas about the cause of this type of problem?
Does the BIOS have to be updated??

A:Standby problem with HP Pavillion ze1230

You could try removing SP3 and see if the computer returns to normal

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/standby-problem-with-hp-pavillion-ze1230.120045/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi there I just happened to stumble upon this site thanks to Google It seems that this problem with the DC adapter jack is quite common on these computers which puzzles me when I try to - jack adapter HP pavillion bad DC zv5000 figure out why HP doesn t have the XC cable no longer available I have a zv series notebook and although it s done it s work it is still quite reliable for the kids If I knew about the XC cable years ago when the problem started I would have bought one in a hurry The problem initially wasn t a broken solder connection it was due to the jack HP pavillion zv5000 - bad DC adapter jack being tapered so I made a paper thin sleeve to go over the adapter end so it would prevent it from touching the plastic tip at least it lasted for a while - years Can anyone out there please let me know where I can obtain a XC cable or dock for this HP pavillion zv5000 - bad DC adapter jack computer Thanks in advance nbsp

A:HP pavillion zv5000 - bad DC adapter jack

Try Ebay. The problem with laptops is the fact that the metal/plastic connector that is around the power input gets shaved, bent, or broken. Your situation seems to be the shaved. The contacts arent touching fully and is not able to provide the correct ammount of power to the laptop. This could be either INSIDE the jack, or INSIDE the power adapters port. If it is the port, you should be fine going to walmart and picking up a universal power adapter for about 20 dollars. If it is the Laptops port, then you need to go to a radioshack or possibly order it from the manufacturer to re-solder on. Let us know what you can observe.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-zv5000-bad-dc-adapter-jack.118475/
Relevancy 32.25%

I just bought this HP Pavillion ZV5000, I knew there was trouble with it, but didnt know what, so here is whats happening, I turn it on, I can hear the HDD spin up, then it stops, all power lights stay on, then after about 4-5 seconds it spins up again, but I get nothing on my screen, no post at all, I've also tried using a regular monitor hooked into the back, still nothing, I've changed the RAM with known GOOD RAM, still getting the same result, anyone have any Ideas?

A:HP pavillion zv5000, cant get to work..

Welcome to TechSpot!

Take it back to where you got if it brand new as you said it is... Or call up HP and tell them the problem you're having. They might give you 48 hour swap out or overnight you a new system. Depends on where you got it from?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-zv5000-cant-get-to-work.85862/
Relevancy 32.25%

First my parents unplugged a few things out of anger one day That was a year ago they ve keeps HP Pavillion to going sleep My monitor finally given me my computer back and I hooked everything back up inside no problem I went to turn in on and the monitor will start and then say going to sleep then start itself up again given you the option of normal mode or safe mode If you go into safe mode My HP Pavillion monitor keeps going to sleep you re fine if you go into Normal mode it goes through that process of monitor going to sleep and starting up again I thought maybe it was the tower because of me maybe missing something small in it that would cause something big Well I took it to a friend who went to school for that and he took the memory card out put it back in and hooked it up to his monitor and it ran perfectly fine in normal mode Woohoo Well I took it home and it s still doing it on my monitor so I can come to the conclusion that I narrowed it down to it s the monitor not the tower well I looked at the settings and it shows a recommended setting for a thousand some number x a thousand some number can t check at the moment or I would and then it says GHRZ when in safe mode the first numbers are smaller than the recommended but it meets the GHRZ it s actually so would that mean in normal mode it s not meeting that and that s why it keeps restarting the monitor like that When I restored the other day I was given an option of installing hardware for the monitor I clicked continue anyways I m now in the process of restoring and seeing more details about that and maybe trying no this time to see where I can t get But even if it were to fix the problem or it weren t could anyone suggest anything or explain anything more to me Thank you for taking your time to read this and thank you if you were to reply I really appreciate it nbsp

A:My HP Pavillion monitor keeps going to sleep

Update

I completely restore the PC to it's original self from the manufactoror I can't spell. And it's fine.. nothing at all wrong with it. Now. I installed my linksys wireless card fine, but when I put it in. that's when the monitor keeps restarting on me. when I take it out, it loads fine. BUT when my friend plugged it into his computer, it worked fine, with the lnksys card in it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-hp-pavillion-monitor-keeps-going-to-sleep.117437/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi members of techspot My computer recently died on me completly died I think it got a virus i uninstalled my anti virus because it was causing problems and i forgot to re-install i know very stupid Since my computer has just died -If i try to start normally it gets stuck at the boot screen with windows logo -If i try to start it safe mode it says safe mode is impossible system must restart I have tryed using the quot repair quot option using the XP disk but my computer crashed half way through and made things worse now if i try to use this option it freezes at the all computer at apparently idea Dead - No impossible - Reformat point where u must chose what to repair now after many crashes i cant run the xp disk I folloz the steps press enter i accept the terms and ocnditions and then It gets to the part where it is quot searching for previous versions of Dead computer - No idea at all - Reformat apparently impossible microsoft windows quot and it stops working i dont know if it freezes or not No red light indicating the hard drive is working All possible options Dead computer - No idea at all - Reformat apparently impossible i can see fail what can i do Is it a bust hard drive I have found no posts related to my problem so i would be very gratefull if some one could help me Can Dead computer - No idea at all - Reformat apparently impossible i reformat completly wipe my hardrive without using the XP disk Thanks nbsp

A:Dead computer - No idea at all - Reformat apparently impossible

Hello hopefully i can help you.

Your not completely screwed.. well not yet anyways, you could boot your xp from a USB drive (Flash Drive) And you should be able to formatt the drive that way.

Hope this helps for you, if it doesn't, install a 8gb hdd.. run your main one as slave.. isntall xp onto the 8gb or so one, and then formatt your slave one.

Hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dead-computer-no-idea-at-all-reformat-apparently-impossible.117197/
Relevancy 28.38%

help me find where to find the installer of my video card driver here are some info bout my pc Computer Computer Type ACPI Uniprocessor PC anymore not I When my is PC video working card my reformat Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack When I reformat my PC my video card is not working anymore TRIAL VERSION Internet Explorer IE SP DirectX DirectX c Computer Name D C C B EC User Name Administrator Logon Domain TRIAL VERSION Date Time - - Motherboard CPU When I reformat my PC my video card is not working anymore Type Intel Pentium MHz x Motherboard Name IBM AU Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale-G i G System Memory TRIAL VERSION DIMM Hynix HYMD A -H MB PC DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM STEC TRIAL VERSION BIOS Type Phoenix Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter Intel R G GL GE PE GV Graphics Controller MB D Accelerator Intel Extreme Graphics Monitor LGIBM Super quot CRT Sound video and game controllers Audio Codecs Device Properties Driver Description Audio Codecs Driver Date Driver Version Driver Provider Microsoft INF File wave inf Hardware ID MS MMACM Sound video and game controllers Legacy Audio Drivers Device Properties Driver Description Legacy Audio Drivers Driver Date Driver Version Driver Provider Microsoft INF File wave inf Hardware ID MS MMDRV Sound video and game controllers Legacy Video Capture Devices Device Properties Driver Description Legacy Video Capture Devices Driver Date Driver Version Driver Provider Microsoft INF File wave inf Hardware ID MS MMVCD Sound video and game controllers Media Control Devices Device Properties Driver Description Media Control Devices Driver Date Driver Version Driver Provider Microsoft INF File wave inf Hardware ID MS MMMCI Sound video and game controllers Microsoft Kernel System Audio Device Device Properties Driver Description Microsoft Kernel System Audio Device Driver Date Driver Version Driver Provider Microsoft INF File wdmaudio inf Hardware ID SW a c a b - af - d - ced- a bf Sound video and game controllers Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer Device Properties Driver Description Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer Driver Date Driver Version Driver Provider Microsoft INF File wdmaudio inf Hardware ID SW b eafdc -a - d - d - aa e d Sound video and game controllers Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver Device Properties Driver Description Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver Driver Date Driver Version Driver Provider Microsoft INF File wdmaudio inf Hardware ID SW cd de - e - d -b d- f Sound video and game controllers SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio Device Properties Driver Description SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio Driver Date Driver Version Driver Provider Analog Devices INF File oem inf Hardware ID PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV Location Information PCI bus device function PCI Device Intel DB ICH - AC Audio Controller A- Device Resources IRQ Memory C -C FF Memory C C -C DFF Port C - FF Port C - CFF Sound video and game controllers Video Codecs Device Properties Driver Description Video Codecs Driver Date Driver Version Driver Provider Microsoft INF File wave inf Hardware ID MS MMVID nbsp

A:When I reformat my PC my video card is not working anymore

Here are the drivers for your graphics card - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?ProductID=865&DwnldID=9033&lang=eng

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-reformat-my-pc-my-video-card-is-not-working-anymore.115770/
Relevancy 31.82%

My computer is less than a month old--so that is the good news The bad news is that upon turning it on last night the monitor is so dark that I can barely see the images I checked the brightness all says it is functioning well I have it hooked up to a regular monitor--which is actually how I intend to use it most of the time but this is nuts I haven t found anyone else with this problem I bought a second of these for my boyfriend who is taking it to Germany--his is fine and we compared the two computers settings--they are identical - Super-dim monitor HP Pavillion dv6910us There is no explanation other than the monitor is not working I hope it is something minor such as something I did and don t realize it otherwise I ll be taking it back and getting another computer since I just got the darn thing Any thoughts would be appreciated Thanks in advance Carolyn nbsp

A:Super-dim monitor - HP Pavillion dv6910us

If you tried another monitor on your computer it's fine, then there's something wrong with the new one. All computer manufacturer have a default 90 warranty on all hardware. Take it back to the store and either have them test it or replace it.

-- Andy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/super-dim-monitor-hp-pavillion-dv6910us.115019/
Relevancy 28.38%

OK, I recently bought a new thumb drive and was using a tool to encrypt it. It failed about half way through and my 16gig drive is registering as 7.83 I've used DiskManager and Command Prompt to try and reformat it to get the rest of the space. Also, in disk manager there is no unallocated space registering and for some reason I have the option of ejecting the drive? May have mounted a 7.53gig on it? After I eject it obviously, it just shows up like an empty memory card reader or something else with removable media.

A:Disk manager not working to reformat drive

HP USB Disk Storage Format Utility
Http://downloads.pcworld.com/pub/new/utilities/peripherals/SP27608.exe

Will format most USB flash drive
It can be known to recover Flash drives that are un-responsive too.

If that doesn't work try this one:

Hard Disk Low Level Format Tool

Please let me know of the outcome

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disk-manager-not-working-to-reformat-drive.115339/
Relevancy 32.68%

finally something to contribute a few years ago i bought one of those after thanks giving walmart laptop specials don t get me wrong its been a good one only paid mobile sempron gig hdd upgraded immediately to gb ram only burns cd s and plays dvds but ill soon fix that along with hdd found i may be able to upgrade CPU a Hp pavillion ze2000 little too maybe someone can confirm that anyway apparently some of these overheat and they recommend Hp pavillion ze2000 a new bios flash sp some how they think that the CPU fan running slows Hp pavillion ze2000 the computer down and somehow makes it overheat i did the flash because they recommended it and told me that it would make it work better after the flash the CPU fan hardly ever came on did it twice to make sure i did it right tech support told me to clean it I m very meticulous about my computers did it anyway as suggested and took a vacuumed cleaner to it which was kinda fun but wondered if i was going to zap it with static electricity from the vacuum it would get so hot that the palm rest would be more than just warm but kinda hot the touch pad would become very erratic but it never shut down on me i got a cool pad just so i could use my computer good investment though i do like it finally installed cpucool so i cold see what temp it was getting up to C with cool pad man searched around and found older bios sp ran the flash eureka it works now still a little warmer than i would like but fan on at approximately - C off at around C under regular load with cool pad much lower temp mid to high s they tried to get me to buy a new fan also works fine I ve only had one laptop but it seems that they run just a little warmer than equal desktop probably air circulation limitations sometimes i think they just go down a list of things that s why i was so happy to find this site experience but if anyone else has one of these its actually a ze wm if you look on the tag they did have one thing that did some good for me sp core speed adjustment download raises clock speed from multiplier x to like almost mhz multiplier x cpuid it fluctuates from one to the other I m thinking it lowers the clock speed to force cooling right anyway hope this helps someone out that is wrestling with tech support i wonder if i can put a fan in it with its own temp sensor can you do that with a laptop hmmmm thanks nbsp

A:Hp pavillion ze2000

Find your computer and bios here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100655.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-ze2000.114696/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have a WD HD it is GB It is fairly old a couple years I had upgraded to Windows Vista a while back from XP I DID format the partion when I installed reformat after Help Vista I had to reformat it because the first time I did not format the partion and it still had XP on it I didn t really notice till now but I am missing about GB Here is what everything says Used Space GB Free Space GB Capacity GB Now I go into My Computer and double click the C drive here is what is in there NVIDIA - size MB Program Files - size GB Users - size GB Windows - size GB I suck at Help after reformat computer math but I believe that adds up to around GB So - GB unaccounted for Help after reformat I know that there some hidden files around in windows but I also know it should not be GB worth If anyone can assist me with fixing this problem it would be most kind I m open to all suggestions if you can leave them as detailed as possible for I am not a software tech I m mostly a hardware guy Thanks nbsp

A:Help after reformat

Look at the drive using Disk Management (to see if there's unallocated space)
Rt click My Computer->Manage. Under Storage->Disk Management and see what it says

But also, when "running the numbers" part of it is hidden files but the biggest part of it is overhead required by the file system that disappears when you format it. Under Windows, about 9GB out of my 120GB went to the file system. See this thread

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-after-reformat.112988/
Relevancy 28.38%

I reformatted my computer only to find that my C is the usual 15gb but the D is 11gb. when I got the comp D had between 120 and 140gb. I am running windows xp on it. I tried going into manage on my computer hoping to find unallolocated space, but there wasnt any. Thanks in advance for all and any help.

A:Missing hard drive space after reformat

Did you re-partition the drive or install over your previous version of windows? Have you reforrmatted before without loss of hd space?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/missing-hard-drive-space-after-reformat.111153/
Relevancy 29.24%

recently wireless connect reformat Can't after I reformatted a computer for someone who wanted Vista removed suprise and reverted back to Windows XP Pro I must note that the PC she purchased from Best Buy Can't connect wireless after reformat was an HP a n and no disks at all for the chipset drivers nor any other integrated devices No real problem for a tech but here after I did the reformat I tried to install the Netgear wireless card Can't connect wireless after reformat and the software said I needed at least SP on there again no biggie cuz I just hard wired to the net and downloaded all that stuff I installed the card and was on the net wireless-ly for a few minutes Can't connect wireless after reformat after I took computer back to original location in living room the wireless would not connect it would show full signal and then no signal off and on in the same interval like a blink I took it to various locations and still no go I switched wirelss cards they have two of the same netgear wirless usb cards and still no go different computers even experienced the same problem wired with ethernet it works fine but no wireless at all it says and above signal strenght at all times and can always see my network SSID but never connects always when I do IPCONFIG utilities it says its disconnected when I KNOW ITS ON Is this a driver of the card issue if so how the heck did it work for a quick minute also when I try and download the update drivers from Netgears site via link from their software install CD it says the download is corrupt I ve been on this for three days now and have hooked up countless wireless networks and have neverhad this problem persist it usually takes after a few tries please help cuz I cannot get off this project UNTIL they connect and reverting back to the image of Vista is NOT AN option which by the way the GEEK SQUAD tech used the ENTIRE gb hard drive for installing Vista charged her for data transfer when in the manifest it says quot customer had no data to transfer quot left her with no manuals or drivers for any of her components nbsp

A:Can't connect wireless after reformat

Can you go here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=100655&highlight=drivers

And click Start Detection, I'm having an issue trying to find information on: HP a6310n

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-wireless-after-reformat.109368/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hey guys Been reading a couple of posts on this forum and it seems some ppl know a whole lot here So I hope someone can help me Bought a new computer thorugh work in may Everything worked fine Got good fps in conan wow ect ect But last night i got some virus And i felt i didnt have any after please Lag reformat, help issues other solution than to run a reformat hp recovery New Lag issues after reformat, please help HP computers has a own recovery partition which has the option to wipe clean the windows partition and restore it to factory quot settings quot After i had Lag issues after reformat, please help run the reformat i started updating windows and gfx Now here is my problem If im watching a movie in windows media player fullscreen and for som reason hover over the onscreen buttons which makes that little tip come above ur mouse Basicly its a mouseover The video starts to lag badly but the audio contineues without any problems Ive also got the same problem when im playing wow in windowed mode which i usually do The second i mouseover something on my taskbar which makes a tip or w e show itself The game lags But its ONLY if it has to overlap the wow window Now i dont have any of these problems before the reformat And as far as i remember ive done everything i did when i first set up this computer But i still have those mouseover lag issues Little info about my system Its a Hp desktop pc but ive done some modifications to it CPU Intel core quad Q RAM Not sure about model but its a total of gb gfx Nvidia gtx A new driver had become available when i was updating after the reformat so my first thoughts was that it was something with that driver But ive tried to uninstall it and use the previous driver which i had before format HDD C containing windows files this was the one that was reformated recovered HDD D Containg the gamefiles videofiles Everything is run on factory settings except gfx ofc no tweaks or w e Please note that wow has not been reinstalled ive only updated the gfx and the DX software Was thinking of trying to reinstall but ive got the same lag problem when im watching a movie my next suspission is that it might probably not be something with the reformat of hdd but not the other But i cant say ive ever heared of that before If anyone could help me i would be forever thankfull nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lag-issues-after-reformat-please-help.107300/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have a HP Pavillion DV1000. Since last 2 days, it is giving me starting problem. When it does not start, then i remove the battery out and then put it again, repeat this process several times and sometimes that works.

I have 2 batteries, sometimes i keep changing on batteries and that also works. My both batteries are working fine, the only issue is laptop does not start by pressing the 'on' button the first time.

Once the laptop starts, then it will not shut down till i give shut down command.

What can be the problem?

A:HP Pavillion DV1000 starting problem

how does it behave if you start with power supply only - no battery?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv1000-starting-problem.106746/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have 2 sata Hitachi 160GB drives out on the bench. They were removed and replaced because I was not able to solve a problem with them. I forget what problem. They were running in Raid 1. Mechanically I feel they are just fine.
I definately wish to reformat these drives.
OK plug the power cable and sata cable in to the drives.
Since I am not sure what would happen if they were to once again boot up all the way,
Can I initiate reformat before the system tries to boot up all the way? If so, in easy language, can someone let me know?
Thanks for your help in advance

A:Reformat 2 sata HDDs

Format them with only one connected at a time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reformat-2-sata-hdds.104553/
Relevancy 29.24%

HELP. i just reformatted my computer and it started up fine but without internet connection. i am on my laptop at the moment trying to get as much help as i can. the two little blinking computers that say local area connection arent there anymore. other times that i have reformatted it showed up automatically but this time they didnt. i dont understand why this is happening. i have went to my network places and tried every single setup and it still doesnt work. i dont know how to get online to download drivers for the computer i reformatted. please help me get my internet working again T_T

A:Reformat = No internet connection

its a desktop. i am using roadrunner internet. it isnt dial up but broadband i guess. my computer is a HP pavilion a1030n. everything is onboard except for my network modem and my newly added ram. if i could find drivers for my network modem, would the internet be able to work? if so, i don't know how to find drivers for it because i dont know the name the modem or anything. would it say the model directly on the modem? please help..

many thanks..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reformat-no-internet-connection.102191/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello I would appreciate any tips.
My daughter has a HP Pavillion a1210.uk desktop. I have upgraded my machine and have donated to the HP my spare ram, processor and pci e Nvidia 6600gt.
The ram and processor are fine but.
I have updated the bios.
Disabled the onboard Ati ane enabled PCI e. I have loaded the latest drivers but am unable to get anything but the very lowest resolution .
Any Ideas. Have put it back to onboard graphics for the moment to make it usable.
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-get-6600gt-to-run-in-hp-pavillion.102062/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi So here is the problem I recently had to reinstall a friends computer because he had some crazy fatal error that would never even let him load up windows.
Installation went smoothly but it wont connect to the internet i figured it doesnt have the ethernet/modem adapters so i tried to find them but i cant. Is there a program or something that can help/ btw as far as i can tell looks like the ethernet isnt part or the pci modem card.

A:New Reformat wont recognize modem

Umm that's right. They are two different devices.

You need to find (Google?; Install CD?) the drivers for your friend's modem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-reformat-wont-recognize-modem.100325/
Relevancy 27.95%

third attempt to post I recently bought a brand new Hewlett Packard computer It prompts you Hewlett Hp full." error Packard "recovery Pavillion drive message dv2500 to back up your files and gives you the option of selecting the backup drive d or writing to dvd I selected writing to the backup "recovery drive full." error message Hewlett Packard Pavillion Hp dv2500 drive The system "recovery drive full." error message Hewlett Packard Pavillion Hp dv2500 tried to backup my files but sent an error message recovery drive full It continues to prompt me to backup my files I solved this problem by going to the HP website clicking on troubleshooting and entering the details of my computer I then found an FAQ somehow The page explained that I had been wrong to select the d drive to back up my files how foolish of me to choose one of two options "recovery drive full." error message Hewlett Packard Pavillion Hp dv2500 offered It said that the D drive was only small I must delete the file already created there and then change the settings to create a backup onto a dvd drive instead You delete the backed up copy of the file by going to start computer HP recovery d where the first folder you will find will be one with the name of your computer eg in my case Anna-PC You then delete this file You then go to start and type backup in the search box Select backup and restore center then change settings then change backup settings then give your permission to continue then select DVD rw drive e which describes itself as on a hard disc cd or dvd I wondered if there had been some sort of design error Why did they give me that option if it was not a good place to save a backup I would have thought there was little point of making a backup on the same pc you are backing up anyway Had they intended people to back things up there but not allowed enough space gb is quite a lot of space after all Many people must have stored less than gb there in blissfull ignorance that it is the wrong place I am rather mystified nbsp

A:"recovery drive full." error message Hewlett Packard Pavillion Hp dv2500

Actually what concerns me more is, I wonder if you have deleted files in your recovery partition.
It's usually hidden from inside Windows, so I expect no. But by chance did you receive a Windows CD or just a recovery partition (because the recovery files may now be gone)

As for the location, think of it this way, it will show all areas that you can backup to. I think even the floppy drive (if you have one) this is to give you the full choice, instead of putting restrictions on your own computer (which most don't like)

That's why.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recovery-drive-full-error-message-hewlett-packard-pavillion-hp-dv2500.99700/
Relevancy 32.25%

I got my hp pavillion dv9419us like 3 months ago and two days ago i spilled coke on it it worked for like 2 weeks but now it turns on then off again

A:My hp pavillion dv9410us turns on then off

The acid, not to mention the sticky sugar, isn't good for your computer and has probably eaten through some of your metalwork (printed circuits, tin-solder, etc).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-hp-pavillion-dv9410us-turns-on-then-off.99229/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have it plugged in but it won't power on?
On the back of tower is a small flickering green light
What's happening?

A:Hp pavillion desktop a520n won't power up

If that light is flickering, it is likely that the power supply has burned out, and must be replaced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-desktop-a520n-wont-power-up.97923/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi thanks for looking.
I hope you are able to help with this situation.

A few days ago I was running Windows XP home SP2 on my one year old laptop. It got slow and I wanted to reformat with the discs. I followed the procedures and got this error message:

STOP: c0000218 {registry file failure}
The registry cannot load the hive (file):
\SystemRoot\System32\Config\SAM
Or its log or alternate
It is corrupt, absent or not writeable.

I then managed to get hold of a Windows XP Pro SP2. I installed that no problem. But I really want to be able to use the recovery discs as they have all the drivers and software etc etc that I want.

I hope you can be of assistence! THANKS!

A:Cant reformat with recovery discs! PLEASE HELP!

The recovery discs could be bad. Can you order new ones? I had an Emachines with a recovery DVD that went bad and I had to order a new one for like $20

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-reformat-with-recovery-discs-please-help.94195/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi just reformat Driver after problem wondering if you can help or point me in the Driver problem after reformat right direction I m not very pc literate but after formating for the first time my fathers computer i do not know where to find the appropriate drivers He cannot find the disc The pc s resolution is pretty ugly at the moment bit graphic and of course has no sound and i think is running on the default driver My motherboard Model is MS- which has the graphics card in the motherboard itself I ve used Belarc to get a snapshot of the pc in it s present state Operating System System Model Windows SE build VIA Technologies Inc VT Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Celeron kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board - A Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Award Software International Inc PG Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space LITE-ON LTR- K CD-ROM drive RICOH DVD RW MP CD-ROM drive Generic floppy disk drive quot Generic IDE hard disk drive GB -- drive No SMART Driver Generic IDE hard disk drive GB -- drive No SMART Driver Megabytes Installed Memory Slot BANK has MB Slot BANK has MB Slot BANK is Empty Slot BANK is Empty Local Drive Volumes c FAT on drive GB GB free d FAT on drive GB GB free Network Drives None detected Users mouse over user name for details Printers No details available None detected Controllers Display Standard Floppy Disk Controller Primary IDE controller dual fifo Secondary IDE controller dual fifo VIA Bus Master PCI IDE Controller Standard PCI Graphics Adapter VGA Display adapter Samsung SyncMaster Monitor quot vis s n HMBX August Bus Adapters Multimedia VIA Tech PCI to USB Universal Host Controller x None detected Communications Other Devices None detected Network Card MAC Address Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural Keyboard USB Root Hub x Virus Protection Back to Top No details available Missing Microsoft Security Hotfixes Back to Top No details available Installed Microsoft Hotfixes Back to Top None detected nbsp

A:Driver problem after reformat

You will need to find out what graphics card you have and download the appropriate drivers for it from the manufacturer's website.

You will also want to try and get drivers for the motherboard and chipset from the motherboard manufacturer's website. If you are using integrated sound (i.e. not a PCI sound card) then the drivers for this should be on the same website as the motherboard drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/driver-problem-after-reformat.93943/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi just wondering if you can help or point me in the right direction I m not very pc literate but after formating for the first time my fathers computer i do not know where to find the appropriate drivers He cannot find the disc The pc s resolution is pretty ugly bit graphic with no sound I ve used Audio/Video No reformat after detected Card Belarc to get a snapshot of the pc in it s present state Operating System System Model Windows SE build VIA Technologies Inc VT Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Celeron No Audio/Video Card detected after reformat kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board - A Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Award Software International Inc PG Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space LITE-ON LTR- K CD-ROM drive RICOH DVD RW MP CD-ROM drive Generic floppy disk drive quot Generic IDE hard disk drive GB -- drive No SMART Driver Generic IDE hard disk drive GB -- drive No SMART Driver Megabytes Installed Memory Slot BANK has MB Slot BANK has MB Slot BANK is Empty Slot BANK is Empty Local Drive Volumes c FAT on drive GB GB free d FAT on drive GB GB free Network Drives None detected Users mouse over user name for details Printers No details available None detected Controllers No Audio/Video Card detected after reformat Display Standard Floppy Disk Controller Primary IDE controller dual fifo Secondary IDE controller dual fifo VIA Bus Master PCI IDE Controller Standard PCI Graphics Adapter VGA Display adapter Samsung SyncMaster Monitor quot vis s n HMBX August Bus Adapters Multimedia VIA Tech PCI to USB Universal Host Controller x None detected Communications Other Devices No Audio/Video Card detected after reformat None detected Network Card MAC Address Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural Keyboard USB Root Hub x Virus Protection Back to Top No details available Missing Microsoft Security Hotfixes Back to Top No details available Installed Microsoft Hotfixes Back to Top None detected Click here to see all available Microsoft security hotfixes for this computer Click here for Belarc s System Management products for large and small companies Software Licenses Back to Top Belarc - Advisorbc e f Microsoft - Windows SE -OEM- - Key WC T-Y G -HJY T-MR PB-RRJ e Software Versions mouse over for details click for location Back to Top Belarc Inc - Advisor Version t ComproPVR Version ComproRemote Version Eastman Software Inc A Kodak Business - Imaging for Windows Version Microsoft Corporation - DirectShow Version Microsoft Corporation - Microsoft Internet Explorer Version Microsoft Corporation - Windows Telephony Version Microsoft Corporation - Windows NetMeeting Version Microsoft imgstart Version Microsoft Windows Scripting Host Version Click to see where software is installed a Megahertz measurement may be inaccurate if other programs were busy during last analysis b Data may be transferred on the bus at one two or four times the Bus Clock rate c Memory slot contents may not add up to Installed Memory if some memory is not recognized by Windows d Memory slot contents is reported by the motherboard BIOS Contact system vendor if slot contents are wrong e This may be the manufacturer s factory installed product key rather than yours Copyright - Belarc Inc All rights reserved Legal notice U S Patents and Patents pending Thanks very much for your time Cheers Harry nbsp

A:No Audio/Video Card detected after reformat

http://driveragent.com/?PHPSESSID=uqqutm8fkj2pl6bkkrs0tqi0p7

you could try this to scan, then search for the drivers it tells you

or if you tell me what computer make and model i can give you a link

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-video-card-detected-after-reformat.93902/
Relevancy 29.67%

i want to reformat my pc...pls help me how to do this....thanx a lot....

A:How can i reformat my PC?

if its win xp thats ez

put your xp cd in the drive and boot to it

just to make sure if you dont know how to boot to it reboot then start pressing f8 till you see a screen that says somthing like cd/dvd hdd network

select cd/dvd then when it says press any key to boot to cd, press any key

then you will see a blue screen (not the dreaded bsod) that will load some drivers

follow the instructions and your on your way.

hope this helped

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-reformat-my-pc.93345/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi I have an ALienware roadwarrior and i want to know if i can reformat my keyboard. Ex: Make the Ctrl. button work as a backspace. Thanks!!

A:Reformat keyboard??

No.why ?

You should ask reinvent the keyboard.
A Logitech comes with software to allow many custom changes,but
i doubt what you asked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reformat-keyboard.88209/
Relevancy 29.67%

like title says i reformated my hard drive and reinstalled windows xp home,
now only one of my sticks of ram is recognized can any one help with this issue pls

A:Ram not working after reformat

Remove and reseat each module, slowly and carefully, while wearing rubber gloves or plastic bags.
Try each memory module alone. Try switching slots, and try again.
Then download and run the free MemTest86 for four hours or 7 passes, which ever takes longer.
There is no reason why a reformat would normally cause this problem, but if it pushed part of the test into the upper ranges, it could.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-not-working-after-reformat.85781/
Relevancy 32.25%

My laptop is running extremely hot I believe and thus results in system shut down. Please advise me of what to do. Thanks.

A:HP Pavillion dv8000; 55+ Celcius

Make sure that the cooling fans are operating as they should, or at all. Use some compressed air to blow any dust out of the fans and heatsinks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv8000-55-celcius.84686/
Relevancy 28.81%

Gday

Well wooooooo hooooooo I am now at last finally on my new supa dupa tower.

Everything is working extremely well, I am currently using my new sata harddrive as my main harddrive.

I have partitioned it off, (as I have with all of my harddrives).

Which leads me into my question (don't panic I'm getting there) ....... I have also installed my two "old" harddrives (IDE). And yes they are being recognised and working.

Now for the question ...... On my "old" IDE harddrive I used to have the operating system installed on it.

How do I delete this as a Primary partition since it is no longer needed as such, and turn into just another logical partion? To store all my stuff on?

Cheers

Susan

A:Reformat/Change Old Primary Partition

Use any partitioning utility to delete the partition(s) from the drive and recreate them as extended-logical. You lose all the data of course.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reformat-change-old-primary-partition.84487/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have an HP Pavillion dv9074cl which I bought with no OS. It came with 2 100 GB sata HDs. I am trying to install Windows XP Pro but it requires raid drivers before it can "see" the HDs. I have an external USB floppy drive so that's not an issue, but I have not been able to find drivers that work. Help?

A:Installing XP on an HP Pavillion dv9074cl

This doesn't sound right... All you should need is the Nvidia Chipset driver for the hard drive controller. You might need other XP drivers like video, modem, network and such...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-xp-on-an-hp-pavillion-dv9074cl.84224/
Relevancy 29.24%

after i reformatted my inspiron 5100 and i reinstall my wireless linksys adapter it wont load up the internet. it says im connected to the access point but the internet can not be found. Does this have anything to do with the SSDIN when i installed it because i just left it as Linksys or is it like another specific thing i have to put.

please help

A:internet problem after reformat

nevermind i got it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-problem-after-reformat.83922/
Relevancy 32.25%

I just recently purchased a samsung ltn154x1-l03 to replace it with my cracked phillips lg lp154w01 cause it says it was compitable. I put it in and i am not getting any response with my computer it doesn't light up or anything, yet when i put my cracked one in it works. PLEASE HELP i dunno what to do....

A:HP Pavillion Zv5000 LCD Screen

What "it" says it was compatible. How did you ascertain the new screen was isntalled directly? Did you also install inverter for new screen?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-zv5000-lcd-screen.79746/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hey guys, I recently bought a bunch of new pc parts and I want to put them together with as few problems as possible. The only drawback now is that I have a HD with a bunch of stuff on it already. Its from my old E-machine. I have a brand new OEM XP Home edition cd waiting to be installed, but I want a fresh HD to put it on. Can any body help me simply reformat my HD without using the xp cd, or point me to a guide or tuturial. Thanks.

A:Simple Reformat Help

Just install the HD, boot the XP cd, and delete the partition.

Then install XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/simple-reformat-help.79888/
Relevancy 32.68%

has black screen cannot loadup
tried to reinstall windows asks if repair or new install try new install, message appears
Setup did not find and hard disk devices installed on your computer

its there but where
regards Motherearth

A:Hp Pavillion DV1000

I would boot into BIOS. See if the Hard Drive is recognized there.

I can walk you through the booting into BIOS procedure if you need me to.

Good Luck

Sean

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv1000.75883/
Relevancy 28.81%

I'm not sure if this is the right place for it, but I've reformatted my PC completely and obviously lost a few of my files, and I'm curious if there was a way of getting them back despite the reformat?
I didn't think it was possible to restore the file after the reformat, but I've been told it is, and it's vital that I get this file back.

So if anyone could help me and tell me how, I'd be very greatful..

Thanks,

Rosie.

A:Restoring files after a reformat? Heeelp..

lost file recovery

Moderators may move this to another forum, if they see a better fit.

The chances of recovering files from a reformatted hard drive diminish with continued use of the drive. If available, the recovery should be performed in another computer with this drive attached (slave or usb) or with a different hard drive configured as the master.

I have been stumbling around this site trying to collect information about disaster recovery tools. Most recently found for data recovery (diydatarecovery). Some of my other recent post have links on related topics. Use advance search in the section to enter userid as the criteria. Userid kraft has also posted this type of info.

I have not found any freeware that provides the ability to recover files buried under the re-format. Software that I used in the past, does not advertise that its current product has this capability http://www.stompsoft.com/recoverlostdata.html

If the program executes from CD and your needs are small, a stick memory (usb flash drives) can be used for the recovery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/restoring-files-after-a-reformat-heeelp.73748/
Relevancy 32.25%

Right my auntie has a HP PAVILLION 1450 and she has previosuly had teh ssue that the light on the back ( on the psu ) flashes, after opening the case and removing the cables and replacing them it has worked, shes had to do that twice now. But it was only happening when it had been without power ( unplugged) Today she came to use it, after it had not had the power turned off and it wont fire, have tried removing the cables ad its not having it, i think taht its complely knackered now. any ideas if it is, shoudl i just replace it?

Max

A:HP PAVILLION 1450 - Possible PSU problem

Just replace it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-1450-possible-psu-problem.72041/
Relevancy 27.95%

I am having problems with a recently perchased HP Notebook It is a HP Pavillion ZT Ghz Pentium M Mb ram I upped the ram a week ago Gb HD I have been using this note with out insident for a month now I shut it down on tuesday night and put it away On friday night I set it up but it won t complete the boot cycle It will kick on the 3000 boot zt Pavillion problem" "major HP fan and the screen will glow you now that look of being on with HP Pavillion zt 3000 "major boot problem" a black screen there are no colors or icon at all The HD will spin up and chatter as normal for about - seconds but then the screen powers down the HD stops spinning The computer just sits there power light on fan buzzing but no HP Pavillion zt 3000 "major boot problem" more noise no progress I tried re-seating my ram chips and my HD no change I am at a loss for what it could be I have had no problems to speak HP Pavillion zt 3000 "major boot problem" of since buying this unit What could it be More important what can I do to fix this Please help CM Lanman nbsp

A:HP Pavillion zt 3000 "major boot problem"

CM_Lanman,

Did you ever resolve the issue? My daughter recently received the same model from a relative, (HP Pavillion zt3000), and the same thing happened to her. It appears the battery is charged and the computer is operational, but the screen is dark. I can lighten or darken the screen, but that is it.

Thanks, Psychicbud

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-zt-3000-major-boot-problem.32559/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey everyone. I've had the t500.uk for awhile and i find that it's great but i was wondering does anyone know if it's possible to get another cpu onto it??

Thanks for your help

A:hp pavillion t550.uk Cpu

I believe your system has a pentium III chip. am i correct? if so, look for the top of the line pentiium III chip online, and this should be fine for your system. also, please check whether your system takes the chip or the slot-type cpu. this is very imprtant to make sure it will fit and work. please respons if u need more help. thanks and welcome to techspot!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-t550-uk-cpu.65303/
Relevancy 28.81%

The other day my computer was attacked by a virus I downloaded all the appropriate programs and deleted it but by then some of my computer files reformat. restarting/freezing Computer after were damaged so I went about reformatting the hard drive and reinstalling Windows XP I had received the computer new about a week before and previously had no problems installing windows and then using the motherboard cd to install all the relevant drivers I also then put in a graphics card and sound card and installed them using the cd that came with them and it all went smoothly There was me thinking the same would be the case this time but when I try and install the motherboard drivers onboard sound amp vga etc it all goes wrong Symptons include automatic restarting of the computer as it is booting around when Computer restarting/freezing after reformat. the windows logo appears When I do manage to Computer restarting/freezing after reformat. load it in safe mode I normally get freezing of the computer or error messages appearing Any ideas why this problem has arisen now when just a week ago it was nice and easy to setup nbsp

A:Computer restarting/freezing after reformat.

You're using it for only 1 week and all that happened already???? May be you should return it and ask for a brand new one with everything installed.

I'm pretty sure with a new computer, after you reformat and reinstall, everything should be fine. And because it's new, then you don't have to be worry about losing any important files, so reformat is the good idea.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarting-freezing-after-reformat.62752/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have a Dell Dimension computer that operates very well but I have been having one recurring problem I have been using Sony DVD RW disks to back up some of my data Recently I have found it necessary to reformat some of these disks Now keeping in mind that these are DVD RW disks this should not be a problem but once I started reformatting these disks I start getting errors on them This has happened on four consecutive disks so this can will reformat dvd+rw Disk not Drive not be a random problem CD-R CD-RW and DVD R disks all seem to work the way they were intended I can usually reformat each disk time If I try to reformat again I receive errors such as disk is damaged or can not be formatted due to general error The drive is a NEC DVD -RW ND A The disks are Sony DVD RW x- X compatible Has anyone ever heard of a problem like this and if so is there a way to resolve it Please let me know nbsp

A:Drive will not reformat dvd+rw Disk

Have you tried different brands of dvd+rws?
Have you tried to update the firmware?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drive-will-not-reformat-dvd-rw-disk.58713/
Relevancy 28.38%

My wife's Dell Inspiron 4100 (running XP Office Pro) is slower than molasses, and takes forever to accomplish the smallest tasks. It used to be my business laptop. I've uninstalled all unnecessary programs from it. I've used PerfectDisk 7.0, but with no change in the laptop's performance. A colleague ssuggested that I reformat the drive. Everything is backed up, but I don't know how to reformat it. There is no floppy disk drive on this computer, only CDrom/dvd drive. This is my first post. Can anyone help me?

A:How do I reformat my wife's Inspiron 4100 laptop?

Hi just follow these instructions: http://www.theeldergeek.com/clean_installation_of_windows_xp.htm

You won't need a floppy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-reformat-my-wifes-inspiron-4100-laptop.57054/
Relevancy 29.24%

HI,

I have 2 hard drives one and i want to reformat them both, the second i can do easily its just my c drive with windwos xp on it,
i want to completely delete everythign on it including windows xp but i don't want to reinstall windows xp on it as i will be using the hard drive in my new pc

plz could i have a simple and easy way to do this

thks

A:Hard Drive Reformat

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You could just put it in your new pc and then delete partitions/format from the Windows disk. Alternatively, you can download and run one of these hard drive utilities from HERE and zero fill the drive.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-reformat.56400/
Relevancy 32.25%

Ok before you all laugh at my PC I have a small problem I have tried to upgrade the RAM on this PC but Im having little luck the story so far gt gt gt gt gt I have a older but still going strong HP Pavilion that I accuired for free and Ive resurrected it and to be honest its a little darling Problem Pavillion HP 7950 of a HP Pavillion 7950 Problem PC but only had mb of RAM so I ordered some more another mb from Crucial and I came up against a bit of an odd problem If I put the and into the slots I only have I get on stop errors and also beeps to say somethings awry Anyway I have tried every single way of trying the RAM different sized RAM in different slots and all sorts now a friend said it maybe down to the fact that the RAM needs to be two sizes of the same stuff ie only and not and I have heard this before but how true is this with a HP Pavilion HP Pavillion 7950 Problem as crucial didnt say that may be the problem they have never heard of this before Just wandered if anyone wants to take a stap at this I will have another turn up on Mon or Tues so I will know for certain then Today I inserted the RAM and and guess what the PC boots to first screen where it shows installed and thats it I mean it woont go any further it justs stays there and thats it I take out and alls fine again HP and crucial reckon is fine to run on this PC any ideas as my hair is getting thinner Thanks People nbsp

A:HP Pavillion 7950 Problem

Hello there. Have you read this?

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic47210.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-7950-problem.54430/
Relevancy 31.82%

Device manager sees the pcmcia port and says its ok. when i slide a wireless card in, (or any card) it doesnt see the card, yet it says the port is ok?

any ideas?

A:Pavillion ze4125 pcmcia problem

Try uninstalling the port in device manager then reinstall it. If that doesn't work then the pcmcia contriller could be bad, I had one go on my old dell Latitide.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pavillion-ze4125-pcmcia-problem.52741/
Relevancy 31.82%

So I've been having this problem with this laptop for about a day now. I bought it from a sale and it had no HD. So i Ordered the Hd, caddy, and hard drive connector bar. I connected it all up and I was getting a PX-E61 error saying that my hd wasn't connected (nor showing up in bios). So i tried pulling the whle thing apart and reconnecting and came to found that the laptop went to reboot and no all the lights come on and stay on and it shuts down after a few secs w/ no pic on the screen at all. I've tried pulling everything off, but it still won't boot. Is my mobo fried ??? Please help.

Matthew

[email protected]

A:Hp Pavillion ZE4400 Laptop won't POST

Try reseting the BIOS, you can do that removing the battery for 5 minutes and try to install the HDD again. I had to do that when I installed a new hard drive.

Good luck!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-ze4400-laptop-wont-post.51491/
Relevancy 28.81%

Here's the problem. I have a hard drive that has been completely screwed by Fedora Core 5. My Windows recovery CD no longer boots right and I would like to just completely overhaul my HD. I was told to manually reformat the HD. Could someone please tell me how this is done?

Actually, anything that could just wipe the computer would be great too (besides buying a brand new hard drive).

100GB 5400RPM
Alienware Sentia m3200

A:How to manually reformat a hard drive?

Do you have a working Fedora CD? Boot that and choose the recovery or emergency mode it gives you. From that command line run "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda bs=1024 count=1024" This will fill the beginning of the hard drive with zeroes, effectively clearing any information that might confuse Windows.

You can also download the utility from dban.sf.net for a more user-friendlt hard drive wiping solution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-manually-reformat-a-hard-drive.51362/
Relevancy 32.25%

I looking to upgrade my Laptop ,, I would like to put a athlon 2200xp in place of the athlon 1400xp that came with the unit.... can someone tell me if this upgrade is possible and then give me the steps to do so.. thankyou

A:Upgrading HP Pavillion ZE 1210

Welcome to Techspot!
You should really look at the upgrade path available at the Manufacturer's web for your model.Laptops do not easily take to hardware changes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-hp-pavillion-ze-1210.50656/
Relevancy 31.82%

PC Specs:
Intel Celeron 330 2.66 GHz, 533 MHz Front side bus, Socket mPGA478
Chipset 845GV
MSI MS-6577 V.4
512 MB PC2700 184 pin, DDR SDRAM

Have been running this Pavilion just fine until last week when I hooked up a projector to the on board vga. It worked fine the first few times, but then once, when I unplugged the projector cable, suddenly the PC froze. And now when I try to boot, the system powers on (meaning the LEDs are lit, the optical drives & the fans are working too) but, there's no display in the monitor.. no beeps. So basically the system isn't booting..

I tried adding a new vga card, a new power supply and even RAM but none of them seem to be the problem.. so what do u think might be wrong? is it possible the motherboard is fried? or could it be the processor?

Thank you in advance for any helpful responses..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-a708n-no-screen-on-startup.46728/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi guys im new here im having a big problem with during crash Windows REFORMAT PCI.SYS this new system im trying to build i cant figure out why PCI.SYS crash during Windows REFORMAT im having this problem ok here it goes I decieded to upgrade my system so i went to Frys and bought a CPU and Motherboard combo Its a ECS motherboard with Dual DDR support and a AGP express lt ---yes PCI.SYS crash during Windows REFORMAT i said express ive never heard of it--- and it also has a PCI express slot well make long story short i keep having this problem when i try to boot from the Win XP cd to reformat the drive it loads all the set up files then crashes in to this blue screen saying something like this Windows has shut down this operation bla bla try changing video adapters or turn off BIOS caching or shadowing pci sys adress f dobf base at f datestamp b d c I have WD Gb hd on cable select cd-rw rom drive i just bought a PCI Geforce mb vid card my old ram from the old system PC mb made by legacy electronics AMD dual core CPU and the model of the mother board is K T -A PLEASE HELP ME im stumped on this Thanks alot Rodrigo email demolitionguy yahoo com nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pci-sys-crash-during-windows-reformat.45769/
Relevancy 29.67%

I'm attempting to reformat my pc that came with ME 98 to XP pro. I have never done this before and I want to do it myself. I just need to know where to begin and what I need to be able to do it. I have a compaq and I've tried installing XP straight from the disk....it went through all the steps, but a couple days later it lost the internet connection and programs were freezing up. I want to wipe it out completely and reinstall the software thay I want I it. Can you help me with this? Thanks.

A:Reformat pc from ME to XP

for starters, there is no such thing as "ME 98"... and don't worry about formatting, when you install XP it will format the HDD for you.

but to help you we still need some more information:

1. what model compaq is it? what CPU and RAM do you have? (that is important because if your system is older, it may not be able to handle XP)

2. you said you've "tried installing XP straight from the disk", is your XP disk a full retail version, OEM, or is it a restore disk from another system?

3. Does your XP version include Service Pack 1 or 2, or did you update to SP2 after the instal?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reformat-pc-from-me-to-xp.44299/