Windows Support Forum

Extra Tabs on the Folder properties dialog window

Q: Extra Tabs on the Folder properties dialog window

Hello I have two questions that are not critical to the operation of my system but has been driving me crazy in an effort to research them to no avail The only thing that I am pretty sure of is that properties window Folder dialog Extra Tabs on the it Extra Tabs on the Folder properties dialog window is a problem with the registry When I right click on a folder and then click properties the dialog window comes up with extra tabs This happens for every folder on my computer The extra tabs are the same tabs as the My Documents folder shortcut Target General and Sharing and the target window is C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents This results in Extra Tabs on the Folder properties dialog window every folder having an extra General and Sharing tab and a Target tab with the My Documents target in it Interestingly enough the virtual folder that is listed in explorer for My Documents has only tabs but the My Documents folder inside Documents and Settings Owner the actual folder itself has the extra tabs just like every other folder A possibly connected problem is that the Add Remove section of the Control Panel no longer has the install dates or useage level for most programs The dates are in the HKLM uninstall registry keys but they are not being read for some reason I have been installing and uninstalling a lot of programs mostly antivirus antispyware firewall and utility programs in an effort to clean up and speed up my computer and test a lot of different applications This effort has been dramatically successful however I am left with these two minor but annoying issues I did have an issue a couple of weeks ago with being unable to install microsoft updates which cost me many hours of research and effort with the help of Microsoft Support but I managed to fix it partly with their help but mostly with web research Ended up re-installing Office I think this is when the issue of the missing install dates started as the installed programs since this time are showing the install date Any ideas especially about the extra tabs Screenshot is attached Thank you Sybrandus

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Extra Tabs on the Folder properties dialog window

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Extra Tabs on the Folder properties dialog window

What happens if you click on one of the superfluous tabs?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/259636/extra-tabs-on-the-folder-properties-dialog-window/
Relevancy 84.71%

Since I am new to the forum I'm not sure where my problem should be posted I am also not sure if it is a hardware or software related problem but here it is Suddenly when I try to appear window properties does Print dialog not print the print properties dialog window does not appear when i click on the Print properties dialog window does not appear properties button Print properties dialog window does not appear It tries to activate but immediately reverts back to the print window This occurs in both OpenOffice and LibreOffice both of which have previously worked fine for months I often print to both sides of the page echo print but can only print on one side default since I cannot change the properties The only thing I can recall that might have any bearing on the problem is that I had previously printed to a file - something I rarely do I checked the settings and quot print to file quot is not selected I am printing to a HP LaserJet Pro M MFP series PCL printer and am using Windows operating system I have tried reinstalling both word processing programs and have reset the printer to default settings and updated If anyone can help with this problem I would greatly appreciate your help

A:Print properties dialog window does not appear

Printers can be very frustrating to say the least. When I've had printer problems in the past, this is what has worked for me:

1. Unplug the power to the printer
2. Wait about 30 seconds or so
3. Plug it in and let it go through it's initialization
4. Then try it again

If that doesn't work, try reloading the printer driver from the HP site. If it still doesn't work, try a system restore back to the last time the printer was working successfully. That's about all the tricks I know for printers. Hope it helps ...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/print-properties-dialog-window-does-not-appear-972561.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Anyone know of a list of useful properties window extensions?

I have added a mediainfo tab and a file hashing tab and I quite like the idea of having useful apps right there.

A:Properties window tabs

Put to many and it can slow things down...
Moderation everything in moderation you'll live longer and healthier.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/195825-properties-window-tabs.html
Relevancy 77.83%

When I double click a drive or folder, the Properties dialog opens instead of the normal Open behavior. If I right click on a drive or folder, the default (hilited) action is "Move or Rename Audio Files". How do I restore normal behavior. I don't see any way to change the default open behavior like I could in XP via the Folder Options, File Types dialog. Windows 7 RC1 Build 7100

A:Double click a drive or folder opens the Properties dialog instead of the normal Open behavior

Hi,

Thank you for posting.

If the issue did not occur previously, please just try System Restore first.

I suspect this issue may be also related to the mouse settings. Please go to ?Control Panel\Hardware and Sound? and click ?Mouse? and check your mouse settings; please ensure that the left button is set to ?Click? and right button is ?Right-click?.

You may also click the Restore Defaults to reset the mouse settings.

If you use some other application to manage the mouse, please also check the settings or just remove it.

Thanks.Nicholas Li - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d8533a8a-d047-41d9-a264-ff93a3bbb680/double-click-a-drive-or-folder-opens-the-properties-dialog-instead-of-the-normal-open-behavior?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 74.82%

Acer Aspire - Windows bit Service Pack Intel Core i - M GHz MB L cache Addition txt would not attach so I pasted it at the end Scan result of Farbar Recovery extra programs, Firefox tabs opening in firefox..... unwanted in Banners window, Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Owner administrator on OWNER-PC on - - Running from C Users Owner Downloads Loaded Profiles Owner Available Profiles Owner Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser FF Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo Banners in Firefox window, unwanted programs, extra tabs opening in firefox..... com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Banners in Firefox window, unwanted programs, extra tabs opening in firefox..... Files Apple Mobile Banners in Firefox window, unwanted programs, extra tabs opening in firefox..... Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Office ClientX officeclicktorun exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Hp Common HPSupportSolutionsFrameworkService exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxtray exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System GWX GWX exe Hewlett-Packard Development Company LP C Program Files HP HP Officejet Pro Bin ScanToPCActivationApp exe McAfee Inc C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe Hewlett-Packard Development Company LP C Program Files HP HP Officejet Pro Bin HPNetworkCommunicatorCom exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe Renesas Electronics Corporation C Program Files x Renesas Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe Oracle Corporation C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe Disc Soft Ltd C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite DiscSoftBusService exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe BlueStack Systems Inc C Program Files x BlueStacks HD-Agent exe Piriform Ltd C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe Ninja Soft Inc C Program Files x Ninja Loader NinjaMaintainer exe Ninja Soft Inc C Program Files x Ninja Loader NinjaMaintainer exe Ninja Soft Inc C Program Files x Ninja Loader NinjaMaintainer exe CLICK YES BELOW LP C Program Files x Ninja Loader Ninja Loader exe Cinema PlusV C Program Files x CinemaPlus- cV -ntf d c- e- d d- aed- c f e b - exe Cinema PlusV C Program Files x CinemaPlus- cV d c- e- d d- aed- c f e b - - exe Mozilla Corporation C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Adobe Systems Inc C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe Adobe Systems Inc C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe Piriform Ltd C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe The Chromium Authors C Users Owner AppData Local Ninja Loader Discover Discover exe The Chromium Authors C Users Owner AppData Local Ninja Loader Discover Discover exe The Chromium Authors C Users Owner AppData Local Ninja Loader Discover Discover exe The Chromium Authors C Users Owner AppData Local Ninja Loader Discover Discover exe The Chromium Authors C Users Owner AppData Local Ninja Loader Discover Discover exe The Chromium Authors C Users Owner AppData Local Ninja Loader Discover Discover exe The Chromium Authors C Users Owner Ap... Read more

A:Banners in Firefox window, unwanted programs, extra tabs opening in firefox.....

Hello! Welcome to BleepingComputer Forums!
My name is Georgi and and I will be helping you with your computer problems.
Before we begin, please note the following:
I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
The logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me.
Stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
Instructions that I give are for your system only!
Please do not run any tools until requested ! The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
Please perform all steps in the order received. If you can't understand something don't hesitate to ask.
Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. I will not help you if you do not follow my instructions.

Please download the latest version of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop. Don't kill any malicious processes at your own.Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Make sure that Addition.txt is checked before you press the Scan button.
Press Scan button.
It will make 2 logs (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste them to your reply.

Regards,
Georgi

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578813/banners-in-firefox-window-unwanted-programs-extra-tabs-opening-in-firefox/
Relevancy 74.39%

I am finding many files in my Windows folder and get more each day. Are these files needed or can I delete same? Examples below

$NtUninstallKB873339$
$NtUninstallKB887472$

A:Solved: extra files in my window folder

Those blue highlighted folders are placed there by updates that are installed from the Windows Updates site.

KB######.log files with the same list of numbers as the $NtUninstall######$ folders are also placed there.

There's no need to delete them, unless you have an old computer with a small hard drive and are in need of some free space.

------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-extra-files-in-my-window-folder.961644/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi:
I run Win Vista x64 on my laptop, recently I have noticed that all the Windows related Dialog Boxes / Buttons for example while I download a file from the internet and I select a location to save the file, the Save & Cancel button are not visible, so is the case with Advanced properties, Folder Options etc, when I go ahead and restart the system, the problem seems to have solved for sometime. I am not sure whats wrong.. but this is killing me .... Can anyone help ...

A:Dialog Boxes - All Windows Properties Boxes like folder option not displaying text

Please help as I am not sure how to proceed, would any one want more information like screenshots etc ??

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/227929-dialog-boxes-all-windows-properties-boxes-like-folder-option-not-displaying-text.html
Relevancy 72.24%

i am getting tabs such as 
http://--load-component-extension%3Dc/Program%20Files/Google/Chrome/Application/Extensions/chrome/man
when i start up chrome  that only started after i managed to get rid of some extension coupon malware(i thought)
it brings up 4 blank tabs with names like that and they do nothing as far as i know, how can i fix these.

A:getting unwanted extra tabs that are not in the tabs list on startup

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will assist you with your malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.Important: To help me reviewing your logs, please post them in code boxes. You can create them by clicking on the <>-symbol on top of the reply window.    HijackThis is not the preferred initial scanning tool in this forum. With today's malware, a more comprehensive set of logs is required to determine the presence of malware.    Scan with FRST in normal modePlease download Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool to your desktop: FRST 32bit or FRST 64bit (If not sure: Start --> Computer (right click) --> properties) Run FRST.Don´t change one of the checkboxes and hit Scan.Logfiles are created on your desktop.Poste the FRST.txt and (after the first scan only!) the Addition.txt.  Scan with Gmer rootkit scannerPlease download Gmer from here by clicking on the "Download EXE" Button.Double click on the randomly named GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent.If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
SectionsIAT/EATShow All ( should be unchecked by default )Leave everything else as it is.Close all other running programs as well as your Browser.Click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.Once done click on the Save.. button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.Please post the content of the ark.txt here.**Caution**Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries Scan with TDSS-KillerPlease read and follow these instructions carefully. We do not want it to fix anything yet (if found), we need to see a report first.Download TDSSKiller.zip and extract to your desktopExecute TDSSKiller.exe by doubleclicking on it.
Press Start Scan
If Malicious objects are found, do NOT select Copy to quarantine. Change the action to Skip, and save the log.
Once complete, a log will be produced at the root drive which is typically C:\ ,for example, C:\TDSSKiller.<version_date_time>log.txtPlease attach this file to your next reply. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552269/getting-unwanted-extra-tabs-that-are-not-in-the-tabs-list-on-startup/
Relevancy 70.95%

Often when I open an existing Word or Excel document two document windows open when Extra Document 2007 from Window, clicking Office double Occurs a folder One is the desired document The other is a blank and untitled window perhaps better termed an empty window with a pale blue color Extra Office 2007 Document Window, Occurs when double clicking from a folder None of the elements in the Ribbon are active grayed out or dimly blued out It is like a phantom window alongside the desired window Nothing can be typed into the phantom The phantom can be closed and the desired document remains Also the desired document can be closed and the phantom remains This only happens when I am opening by double left clicking on a file from within a Windows folder If I open the file by right clicking and Open I do not get the extra document The behavior is inconsistent after a few various Office documents are opened the behavior ceases and only the desired window appears Behavior is confined to Word and Excel double clicking on other types of documents such as text Acrobat or photo files does not give this problem I also looked at this problem in Task Manager When I open a file by right-click Open I see one application task in T M that begins with the normal Word file icon on the left a small W with a few tiny lines within the icon under the W Then Filename - Microsoft Word non-commercial use then under Status is shown Running This is the desired file When I open a file by double-clicking with the left mouse two application tasks show up in T M Neither of these tasks has the normal Word icon on the left instead there is a slightly different icon where the W is slightly canted to the right and has no lines under it I think this is the icon for the program itself instead of the icon for the file The line that indicates the desired task goes on with Filename - Microsoft Word non-commercial use then under Status is shown as Running The line that indicates the phantom task has that program icon followed with only Microsoft Word non-commercial use that is without a Filename it also shows its status as Running So to recap the phantom task does show up in Task Manager along with the desired file but has no Filename shown Just for interest In Task Manager there are two instances of WINWORD EXE that are shown in Processes when I use the double click method Excel openings are similar to Word openings both the desired and phantom files show up in Task Manager Applications and two instances of EXCEL EXE in Processes I have posted this problem in various Word or Office newsgroups but no solution yet Any thoughts appreciated

http://www.vistax64.com/software/240939-extra-office-2007-document-window-occurs-when-double-clicking-folder.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have Windows and of course IE I have Google set as my home page and when I open IE always with tabs 10 extra opens IE it always opens up with Google as it should However for the past few days along with Google it always opens with a tab called quot Ten Must-know-windows IE 10 always opens with extra tabs features quot When I click on Tools Internet Options in the box at the top where it has the home page that I want it has Google at the top and just below that it has the quot Ten Must----- quot web site I can delete the one that I don't want but the next time I open IE that tab is still there I even went to the Tabs settings and made sure it was set to default I restarted my computer and it didn't help I then went to Advanced settings and reset to default setting That made it worse It now opens Google and an extra Google tab along with the quot Ten Most--most quot tab I have been using IE for quite some time and this is the first time it has happened It's not a big problem but it shouldn't be doing that

A:IE 10 always opens with extra tabs

Hello Frank,

Odd, you might see if using the tutorial below to specify and prevent changing the home page may work as a workaround for this until a better solution is found.

Internet Explorer Home Page - Specify and Prevent Changing - Windows 7 Forums

The home pages for IE10 are saved in the registry locations below. You might also check there to remove the "ten must" entry.

Current User:

(Main Home Page)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
Start Page string value (right pane)
(Secondary Home Pages)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
Secondary Start Pages string value (right pane)
OR

Applied to All Users (overrides above):

(Main Home Page)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
Start Page string value (right pane)
(Secondary Home Pages)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
Secondary Start Pages string value (right pane)

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/15176-ie-10-always-opens-extra-tabs.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have no idea how this happened, for some reason, my Desktop Properties dialog does not allow me to change the wallpaper, I canít select anything, I canít even scroll. Most of the options are greyed out along with the browse button.

See pic:

Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help would be very much appreciated!

Relevancy 62.78%

Once I open the Properties dialog for a video/music file, it starts playing in the backround. What's very annoying is that continues to do so even when I close the dialog. The "culprit" is the Media Player tab in the Properties dialog which plays it till the end unless i stop it manually.
How can I deactivate this annoying feature? Is there a way to get rid of the Windows Media Player 12 tab?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/player-in-properties-dialog.844276/
Relevancy 62.78%

when is start my vista, a it opens i get this dialog box which has army written on the title bar and properties, 0 files,o folders and a restore button,wat is this?a type of virus ?malware ?

A:i GET a dialog box ARMY with properties

It's suspicious whatever it is. Don't press restore.

Run some a/v and malware scans.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/232012-i-get-dialog-box-army-properties.html
Relevancy 62.35%

When I click on the icon to open Chrome, it opens my home page.
When I click on a link in an email, the linked page opens as well as 4 more tabs that get a page not found.
This problem was opened by someone else last month and closed for no response after multiple things were tried.

Thanks,
Harold Menzel

A:Chrome opens extra tabs

Sounds like malware tampering to me. Have you run any anti-malware scans on your pc recently? It sounds like you may have had an infection, got it removed, and have some broken links. I've seen broken links on people's browsers after running adw cleaner before, and browsers aren't always the greatest at restoring their settings.

In any case, resetting Google Chrome should be able to fix the issue. Click the 3 horizontal lines -> settings -> show advanced settings -> scroll to the bottom and select reset settings.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560704/chrome-opens-extra-tabs/
Relevancy 62.35%

I was recently given this tip but when I get to the extra settings box "at&f" in already in there. Can you put more than one thing in that box and how do you enter it.

Does your modem sometimes suddenly disconnect for no real reason? If so, try this:

- Go to Modems in Control Panel (Start - Settings - Control Panel)
- From Modems select Properties, select the Connection Tab, then click the Advanced button
- In the Extra settings dialogue box, enter S10=50; this will force the modem to stay connected without a carrier for up to 5 seconds.
- Disconnect annoying modem settings

A:Extra Settings on Modem Properties

I think you can put in extra settings by just leaving a space between, i would wait for someone else to reply though.

For faster speed on modem, in the advanced settings box type x0, that is, small x, zero.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extra-settings-on-modem-properties.43231/
Relevancy 61.92%

I am working on a Windows 2000 machine and the customer was apparently altering some of the services when he rebooted his system and now almost everything is not working. The biggest problem is that whatever he changed has now caused the Properties Dialog Box to disappear. Weather or not you double click the service or you right click and go to Properties, the screen just flashes and no dialog box appears. Does anyone know why this happens or how I can fix it? ANY assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

A:Properties dialog box will not display in Services.msc

Get their Win2K installation CD and do a "Repair" installation.

Edit: And make sure you charge them the time you spent fixing it!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/properties-dialog-box-will-not-display-in-services-msc.474565/
Relevancy 61.92%

I am having several problems when I attempt to open the properties dialog box some of the windows, specifically my computer, adding and removing software, IE, and can't open dialog box for setting time and date located on task bar (does same thing box appears then disappears right away. Is there anyone out there that can help me?

A:Win XP cant open properties dialog for my computer

Go here:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Scroll down to #296
click on it,when the box opens,select open
reboot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-cant-open-properties-dialog-for-my-computer.220010/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a new (one-week old) install of XP/SP2.

The property page dialog of a shortcut takes about fifteen seconds to close if I have clicked the Find Target button and the target is found. Everything else works properly. The only problem is the slow closing of the dialog box. The 15 second time begins when the Find Target button is clicked. Also, this time is additive: if I click the Find Target button more than once, the delay increases (approximately one minute for three clicks).

When the Find Target button is clicked, an Explorer window opens with the proper folder and the delay is not affected by whether the Explorer window is closed or left open. If the target is not found, then the Properties dialog closes immediately, as normal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Howard

A:Slow Closing Properties Dialog

A short addition to the problem description:

When Find Target is clicked, the properties dialog box loses keyboard focus for the previously-described delay time. Any suggestions on tools I might use to find the problem? I have used SysInternals Process Explorer and can find nothing strange going on there. I have removed my anti-virus program and stopping unnecessary processes. Still no luck.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/slow-closing-properties-dialog-574020.html
Relevancy 61.49%

In the last week or so I have been getting similar extra ad boxes at several different websites I have also had tabs pop themselves up acting like a search engine whenever I run a search I have updated and run Bitdefender scans twice and neither came up with any problems beyond cookies though I am sure I am infected with something I did notice a couple of programs which I did not knowingly download on my computer - Ophcheck and GIMP They were either downloaded by someone else or were somehow unintentionally downloaded I am guessing one or both of these to be the cause but I do not want to attempt to remove the programs unless unwanted and boxes search Extra tabs ad I know it is safe to do so So far the computer's performance has not been noticeably affected I am running Windows on my HP Extra ad boxes and unwanted search tabs G - US Notebook I have seen these issues on both IE and Chrome Would it be advisable to see if removing these programs would work Extra ad boxes and unwanted search tabs or should I run another tool to verify a further infection Thanks in advance

A:Extra ad boxes and unwanted search tabs

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HEREUnzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt NOTE. Make sure all logs are pasted not attached.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490885/extra-ad-boxes-and-unwanted-search-tabs/
Relevancy 61.49%

After accidentally clicking on an ad instead of what I wanted to click on a program downloaded I thought it was what I had meant to download but it was not I did not realize this until after I had installed it however I immediately went into the control panel and uninstalled it but it's effects seem to have stayed Random ads appear all over whatever browser I'm using and sometimes when and Constant popping in extra browsers up ads tabs I Constant ads and extra tabs popping up in browsers click on something a tab will open up with some random advertisement It also appears to have made it unable for my browser to run certain things such as browser games I have tried to get rid of it using all the Constant ads and extra tabs popping up in browsers programs mentioned in the Adware removal Constant ads and extra tabs popping up in browsers section of this website with no success I have also tried reinstalling my browser and resetting it to default settings It still happens What should I do Thank you for any help you provide Edit Moved topic from Virus Trojan Spyware and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum Animal

A:Constant ads and extra tabs popping up in browsers

Hello Skybax Tell me how it is after doing these. Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed. Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here....ADW CleanerPlease download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click on the Scan button.AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.-- Note: The contents of the AdwCleaner log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you recognize and know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, return to AdwCleaner before cleaning...all detected items will be listed (and checked) in each tab. Click on each one and uncheck any items you want to keep (except you cannot uncheck Chrome and Firefox preferences lines).. Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.....Last run ESET.Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin s... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533818/constant-ads-and-extra-tabs-popping-up-in-browsers/
Relevancy 61.49%

I can adjust the font size on all items in Win7 except dialog box tabs; this includes IE8 and all Win7 OS related functions. I have tried changing themes and anything I can find. What I currently have is just too small. The problem also exists in IE8 (not browser tabs, they are ok) dialog windows and any input boxes for all websites. Using the DPI is not the answer on this one. Thanks...

A:Windows 7 font on dialog box tabs too small

Can you post us some screen shots so we can see exactly of which you speak? A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/89545-windows-7-font-dialog-box-tabs-too-small.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I have a folder of home videos that I 6.41Gb says says folder 2.67Gb, properties properties *.* back up to a USB key with Syncback The key is nearly full and I'm trying to reduce the size of that folder But here's the thing If I folder properties says 2.67Gb, *.* properties says 6.41Gb right-click on my 'Home videos' folder and select 'Properties' it tells me I have files in folders taking Gb However if I open the folder and search for to show all the files then select all right-click 'Properties' it tells me I have files in folders taking Gb Still at the bottom of the Windows Explorer window it says items selected This is the case on both the folder in My Documents on the PC and also the matching folder on the USB key Treesize also shows Gb for both folders In fact as far as I can figure what with everything else on the same USB key there wouldn't even be room for a Gb folder I've tried showing both hidden and system files and folders but there's nothing extra to see Can anyone please explain this anomaly I must be doing something wrong but I can't figure it out

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399832-folder-properties-says-2-67gb-properties-says-6-41gb.html
Relevancy 61.49%

hello,
for quite some time the tabs in the display properties menu have been missing. All I can see when I open it are the theme options and the preview. I can't remember changing anything recently that could have influenced this. Any ideas?
Thanks a lot!

Relevancy 61.49%

Can anyone tell me how to unhide hidden display property tabs in Win2000?

A:Display Properties Tabs

biomedtek said:

Can anyone tell me how to unhide hidden display property tabs in Win2000?Click to expand...
lol, has a family member removed them from your profile?

This sounds like a group policy situation which would require editing.......
Pileyrei

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties-tabs.242057/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have beat my head against a wall with this problem for three days now and I'm sincerely hoping someone here has run into it before and knows how to fix it.

In display properties there are absolutely no tabs.

The computer has XP with a Nvidia geforce4 mx 440 vid card.

-I have installed the newest driver and an older one, neither fix it.
-The tabs do appear in safe mode
-I have reinstalled SP1a
-I removed all spyware
-I have scanned for viruses
-I have disabled abolutely everything on startup
-I did find one mskb article that referrer to a similar problem after upgrading from 98 to xp but this came with xp and the article didn't have all the tabs missing.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 61.49%

When I right click on the screen and select "Properties" I only get the theme option.
All my tabs have disappeared. I went to Kellys Corner and downloaded the reg file to display all tabs, but still nothing.
I can't change my screen saver or background or any properties.

Any ideas on how to get the tabs back?

Tricky

A:Display Properties Tabs Are Gone

Are your graphic card drivers conflicting? Check under my computer hardware and look for your yellow exclamation marks.try to do a repair with sfc/scannow and have your XP disc ready since it will need to copy those files from the disc. Here is an excellent tutorial on that subject.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/79672/display-properties-tabs-are-gone/
Relevancy 61.49%

Awhile back when my computer was going cuckoo ( i think because my daughter went on that stupid kazaa infectious website!!!) Somehow pictures from a folder that had nothing to do with screensavers or wallpaper suddenly appeared as choices. Well i couldnt figure out how they got into that d.p. tab much less delete them but somehow i stumbled across a way to disable so no one could change it. well needless to say can't figure out how to enable it and was wondering how to fix it. Please help you guys are great!!!!

A:display properties TABS where did they go?

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=368087

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties-tabs-where-did-they-go.375800/
Relevancy 61.49%

When I view the properties for any of my connections I just get this If I go to quot Install - gt Protocol quot I get the message quot Could not add the requested component The error is The system cannot find the file specified quot When I tried installing Simple TCP IP Services in quot Add Remove Windows Components - gt Networking quot I got Dialog Properties items Connection in Missing the error quot Could not install the Simple TCP IP Services component because a file or registry entry is missing quot I ve tried updating my network adapter drivers resetting TCP IP using Winsock Fix and running SFC but have had no luck Also I m not sure if this is relevant but if I right click the Internet Connection icon and click Settings I get quot The Internet Connection Sharing computer is not configured to let network users control or disable the shared internet connection Missing items in Connection Properties Dialog quot Can anyone explain what might be causing this behaviour It doesn t seem to be causing any connection problems but I would like to be able to access TCP IP Properties to sort out a static ip I am using XP Home Edition SP nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi guys I have strange problem when I open a window as a dialog and from this window want to open report as well as dialog but the report opens as a form type and under the first window, which is not good to me I need to see the report dialog window as first. Do you have any idea??
The code I am opening the report window is
DoCmd.OpenReport "SC_Cd", acViewReport, , , , acDialog

Thank you very much

Relevancy 60.63%

While using Word 2000, when I try to change an address in the address book, I get the following message:

The properties dialog could not be displayed. There is not enough memory to complete this operation. Microsoft Exchange-[8007000e]

I did not have this problem before I had to get a new computer. I have called our computer people, but they haven't done anything to fix it. I can access Contacts through Outlook and change it there, but it's an extra step. Any idea how to fix it??

Thanks!!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon processor, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3455 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476929 MB, Free - 442108 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P5GC-MX/1333
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials Prerelease, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2000-address-book-properties-dialog.1110989/
Relevancy 60.63%

My XP machines has blank tabs on any property I want to view. Please help.

A:My Computer ...properties blank tabs

Could you give a little more detail on this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-properties-blank-tabs.304685/
Relevancy 60.63%

I am seem to be missing some of the tabs in display properties in control panel I am running windows XP home edition I picked up a virus and Missing tabs in Properties some Display I had some other issues for a little while I noticed when it started to infect and I pulled my internet cord in case it was going to try to get at any of my personal data I ran my Norton right away and after about an hour of running the scans and deleting some stuff my comp started to work a lot better but now I seem to be missing the tabs where you would change wallpaper and screen saver settings There might be more but I m a casual computer user and I don t remember what the others might Missing some tabs in Display Properties be Well looking at my norton history there were Missing some tabs in Display Properties a few viruses Trojan Fakeavalert Trojan Zlob times Bloodhound sonar and one named simply downloader Right now the comp seems to be working OK and all Missing some tabs in Display Properties scans come back clear so it s just the tabs as far as I know Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Does anyone know of a way to get the file/folder properties page from a cmd prompt as though you have just gone and right-clicked the file/folder in the gui?

The reason I ask is because I may have a user logged in and need to look at the file/folder properties (specifically the ntfs permissions) and because they are logged in as a user account and have no access to the folder they cannot even see the security tab of the properties box.

So I need a way from the command prompt to open the properties box of a file/folder (as I have done a runas to get an admin prompt inside their user gui session). Looking at security settings in a cmd program may also be of some interest if anyone knows that either...

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi fellas,

I am experiencing a big problem. As the title of the topic suggests, tabs in Display Properties are missing. Well, I have searched through Google a lot for this, and none of the advices worked. The advices generally point to a registry hack, but it does not work for me.

Well to describe the problem better, this thing arised after a Spyware Infection wallpaper came to my computer. I fixed everything related to it (at least I think so), but this sticked on me. If I run in safe mode, I can see all tabs properly. Also in normal mode, I can only see the themes tab, (with Windows Classic, XP, current theme, etc. as options) if I change to another theme and say apply, I can see the tabs (not exactly as they should be) until I press OK to close that window.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Relevancy 60.63%

I reformatted my hard drive and after words of reinstalling OS I wanted to change my bachground so as usual i right click desktop and go to properties but there is nothing there but the themes tab!!!!!! Does anyone know what to do to fis this problem so that I can set screensavers and change backgrounds? ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!!

A:Tabs Missing from Display Properties

Check this first: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=922370

Have you installed the display drivers for your chip or installed card?

That is sometimes a factor.

The other is a policy setting, but this should not occur on a clean install.

If one exists, it would be found in one of the registry keys below:

User Key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
System]

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
System]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tabs-missing-from-display-properties.497341/
Relevancy 60.63%

When I go to display properties, the Desktop & Screensaver tabs are missing. I currently have a blue background with all my normal icon's, everything else seems to be running normal. I am running XP Professional.

Thank's T.J.

A:Missing Display Properties Tabs

You could try uninstalling/reinstalling your current video drivers.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/214776/missing-display-properties-tabs/
Relevancy 60.63%

OK....feel like a dumb a$# ... I got hit with virus/malaware. I was able to clean the harddrive usinBullgurd 8.0, but after clean-up I find that my display properties is missing the Walpaper and screen saver tabs.

How can I restore these?

A:Missing Display Properties Tabs

The first thing is to be sure that you're clean. I'd suggest a couple of these free, online scanners to verify that you're clean: (Be advised that some of these scanners will pickup things in "quarantine" from other anti-virus programs - so review the results carefully)http://housecall.trendmicro.comhttp://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/solutions/activescan/http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner Scan Only - no removalhttp://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.htmlhttp://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtmlhttp://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asphttp://onlinescan.avast.com/http://ca.com/us/securityadvisor/virusinfo/scan.aspxhttp://www.eset.com/onlinescan/ If you're not clean, then a fix is unlikely to help you out - and if you're not clean, I'd suggest posting in the Am I Infected forum for assistance from the experts (here's the link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/ )Once that's done, post back and we'll work on fixing the display properties.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/164881/missing-display-properties-tabs/
Relevancy 60.63%

Awhile back when my computer was going cuckoo ( i think because my daughter went on that stupid kazaa infectious website!!!) Somehow pictures from a folder that had nothing to do with screensavers or wallpaper suddenly appeared as choices. Well i couldnt figure out how they got into that d.p. tab much less delete them but somehow i stumbled across a way to disable so no one could change it. well needless to say can't figure out how to enable it and was wondering how to fix it. Please help you guys are great!!!!

Relevancy 60.63%

I suspect that I have a malware program that has affected my computer I no longer have the ability to change my desktop properties The tab to change the desktop photo is no longer available I removed or thought I'd removed av from my computer I suspect it is still there or there is another malware program I ran the GMRE rootkit scanner twice each time it ended with a pop-up window that said there was on Missing display tabs properties a rootkit problem I've saved it as Ark txt Missing tabs on display properties per the instructions on this site and will include it I also include the DDS txt and Attach txt DDS is as follows DDS Version - NTFSx Run by Household at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon Missing tabs on display properties exe svchost exe C Pensoft KeyBtn Exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus ISafe exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files CA SharedComponents PPRT bin ITMRTSVC exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system lxdccoms exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus VetMsg exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Website Inspector Light CAGlobalLight exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Household Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE ZML RCTQ dds com Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp my att net uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www pctools com en spyware-doctor purchase src b BHO E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO FBF B- - -BE D-C B CA - c program files ca ca internet security suite ca website inspector toolbar CallingIDIE dll TB -E AF- AC -A DC-C C BB D - c program files ca ca internet security suite ca website inspector toolbar CallingIDIE dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun LXDCCATS rundll c windows system spool drivers w x LXDCtime dll RunDLLEntry mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun Windows Defender quot c program files windows defender MSASCui exe quot -hide uPolicies-system RunStartupScriptSync x uPolicies-system NoDispBackgroundPage x uPolicies-system NoDispScrSavPage x mPolicies-explorer EnableShellExecuteHooks x mPolicies-system RunStartupScriptSync x IE amp Google Search IE Backward Links IE Cached Snapshot of Page IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE Similar Pages IE Translate into English IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - F - DB-E F AEC - c program files windows live writer WriterBrowserExtension dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe LSP c windows system VetRedir dll Notify igfxcui - igfxdev dll Notify... Read more

A:Missing tabs on display properties

Hello and Welcome. Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have a nasty rootkit onboard. Be sure you've backed up any valued data before proceeding, as we recommend in our pre-posting topic.

Quote:

1. As a general rule, to offset any unexpected mishaps, your personal data should be backed up regularly. If you do not already have a process in place that backs up your data, it is highly recommended you do this now. Click here for guidelines on what to back up and how to do it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running combofix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/missing-tabs-on-display-properties-324406.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi Team,
we are facing issue while using showModalDialog window in IE11 and EDGE, so we have replaced windows.open method,
but its not working modal dialog window.
please let us know how create window.open window as modal dialog window. we are not interested in
JQUERY

Thanks

Srinivas

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b92ccac7-4dd2-46a1-b08b-6d76ba64af34/windowopen-is-not-working-as-modal-dialog-window?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello all When i click properties of any drive in My Computer XP Pro SP the security and the sharing tabs do not appear However when Security Sharing properties of My and tabs in Computer i open up the properties of any folder in these drives the tabs appear I have simple file sharing disabled i am also the administrator and i have attempted these Sharing and Security tabs of properties in My Computer fixes Hive HKEY CURRENT USER Key Software Microsoft windows CurrentVersion Policies Explorer Name Nosecuritytab Type REG DWORD Value ------------- gt the thread did not exist HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Lsa - forceguest Start Run Type services msc Click OK Scroll down to and double click Server service Sharing and Security tabs of properties in My Computer Set Startup type to Automatic Click Apply Click the Start button When it has started click OK Open Group Policy Start Run Type gpedit msc Click OK Navigate to Administrative Templates Windows Components Windows Explorer Remove the Security tab Sharing and Security tabs of properties in My Computer Set to Not Configured or Disabled They have not worked I am stumped for ideas I have reformatted today to fix previous problems that were unrelated it is unlikely that anything i have done in the last hours has done anything Thanks in advance Gabba nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sharing-and-security-tabs-of-properties-in-my-computer.654639/
Relevancy 60.2%

hi. im new here but i hope im posting my request for help the correct way. My computer has a problem. the tabs on the display properties are not shown properly. i have tried changing themes and back to luna. However, once i reapplied the theme and close the display properties. rundll32.exe gives me an error "0x7c911e58 referenced memory at 0x00000000." anyone has an idea on what im supposed to do to restore my tabs? a reinstall of my display driver and upgrade of system bios didn't help. =[

A:Wrong Appearance Of Tabs Under Display Properties.

any help ? x.x

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123507/wrong-appearance-of-tabs-under-display-properties/
Relevancy 60.2%

I had a version of the Fraud.c virus, and have removed it, but in the process deleted some contaminated files that I probably needed. I don't know which ones, but now I have lost three of the five tabs in my Display Properties menu box. Can I fix this wthout a repair reinstall? I still have my screensavers and wallpapers, even my themes, its just that I can't access them through the Display Properties menu box.

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and access window area "local properties" in properties Cannot connection quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv e also tried it jusing the administrator account But it didn t help What is causing this problem and how I fix it Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window.636065/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the access window Cannot in properties" area connection properties "local window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv'e also tried it using the administrator account But it didn't help What is causing this problem and how Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window I fix it Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window-187331.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I have been trying to remove an unknown infection on a win bit box for a few weeks now and have decided I need some help I have currently scanned with Malwarebytes ADWCleaner superantispyware and behavior, Chome extra tabs and odd reidrect poping and up alerts fake TDSS killer and all show a clean result as such I am out of ideas I have having the same problem as outlined by another user in an unfinished thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums t getting-unwanted-extra-tabs-that-are-not-in-the-tabs-list-on-startup Chrome opens blank tabs randomly but never in incognito mode The Tabs are Chome odd behavior, reidrect and fake alerts and extra tabs poping up http --load-extension Dc Program Files Google Chrome Application Chome odd behavior, reidrect and fake alerts and extra tabs poping up Extensions chrome app http --load-component-extension Dc Program Files Google Chrome Application Extensions chrome man http --extensions-on-chrome-urls http --test-type Extensions Chrome shows boo you have no extensions installed Also when browsing some web sites i get random warning notices stating that my Flash is out of date and should be updated then it wants to immediately update IE is behaving the same I do not use firefox DDS TXT DDS Ver Chome odd behavior, reidrect and fake alerts and extra tabs poping up - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by benvanderlinde at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated F CFC - A -FC -EF - A E AB SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated F E - -F B -D A - EE D C SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system nvwmi exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files x Common Files logishrd LVMVFM UMVPFSrv exe C Program Files Tablet Wacom Wacom TouchService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Gemalto Classic Client BIN GslShmSrvc exe C ProgramData DatacardService HWDeviceService exe C Program Files KeyShot Network Rendering keyshot network slave watchdog exe C ProgramData Optus Mobile Broadband OnlineUpdate ouc exe C Program Files Tablet Wacom Wacom Tablet exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system nvwmi exe C ProgramData Optus Mobile Broadband OnlineUpdate LiveUpd exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Program Files Tablet Wacom Wacom TabletUser exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Tablet Wacom Wacom TouchUser exe C ProgramData DatacardService DCSHelper exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Windows System spool drivers x CNAP LAK EXE C Program Files Microsoft LifeChat LifeChat exe C Program Files KeyShot Network Rendering keyshot network slave tray exe C Prog... Read more

A:Chome odd behavior, reidrect and fake alerts and extra tabs poping up

Hey my friend. Please download FRST (by Farbar) from the link below and save it to your Desktop.Download Mirror #1If you are unsure whether you have 32-Bit or 64-Bit Windows, see hereDisable all anti-virus and anti-malware software to prevent them inhibiting FRST in any way. If you are unsure how to do this, see THIS.Double-click FRST.exe/FRST64.exe (depending on which version you downloaded) to run it. (if you have Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8: Please do a Right click on the FRST icon and select Run as Administrator)When the disclaimer appears, click Yes.Click Scan to start FRST.When FRST finishes scanning, two logs, FRST.txt and Addition.txt will open.Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of both of these logs into your next post please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562374/chome-odd-behavior-reidrect-and-fake-alerts-and-extra-tabs-poping-up/
Relevancy 59.34%

http://picasaweb.google.com/uligamu/Majeed...745360627750258http://picasaweb.google.com/uligamu/Majeed...745359492972642Recently my computer got infected with a fake antivirus called XP Antivirus 2008. With instructions I found on this site it seems as if I have removed this program but now I am having more problems like tabs missing from the display properties and not being able to remove programs from Add or Remove Programs. I have other problems like new programs that I havent installed showing up in the Add or Remove Programs (especially some softwares of MS office package in different languages).I have run AVG Anti-Spyware and AVG 8.0 and I have found a lot of viruses in Internet Explorer and have removed them but still the problems I have mentioned continue. So please help me find a solution.

A:Display Properties Tabs Missing & Cannot Remove Programs

Go to Start > Run type: cmdpress Ok.At the command prompt type: regsvr32 appwiz.cpl(Note there is a space between 32 and appwiz)Hit Enter.When finished, type: exitHit Enter and reboot your computer.If that does not help, then click on the link below:http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htmScroll down to #337 and click "Restore Change or Remove Programs" in the right column. Go to File, choose "Save page as" All Files and save noremovepage.reg to your desktop. Double-click on that file and choose "Yes" to merge it into the registry when prompted. Once you get a successful message delete the file and reboot.The above and below steps involve making changes in the registry. Always back up your registry before making any changes. If you are not familiar with working in the registry, then you should NOT attempt to make any changes on your own. Click on the link below:http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htmScroll down to #285 and click "Restore All Display Tabs" in the right column. Go to File, choose "Save page as" All Files and save restorealldisplaytabs.reg to your desktop. Double-click on that file and choose "Yes" to merge it into the registry when prompted. Once you get a successful message delete the file and reboot.You can also go here, and run a vbscript which can restore the missing display tabs. Scroll down to "Attachments" and click on -> showalldisplaytabs-xp.vbs. If you have trouble finding it, click this link to download the file directly and save to your desktop. Double-click on showalldisplaytabs-xp.vbs to allow the script to run. Since the script modifies certain registry settings you may receive an alert from your anti-virus or any script blocking program. Ignore the warning and allow it to continue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/154161/display-properties-tabs-missing-cannot-remove-programs/
Relevancy 59.34%

CD amp DVD drives don t have recording tabs Help OK here s what is going XP, CD's drives tabs can't 'Properties' lost anymore! DVD & burn in CD on Several weeks ago don t remember exactly when mid or late January I was fooling around amp installed some programs so I could convert songs from my phone to a format my computer could read Didn t work I uninstalled it Then a bit later I downloaded a program to ID music by playing it over speaker into the microphone to id a song Uninstalled it too I know one of these programs again don t remember told me to change my default record media from the drive to I think a virtual CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! drive Anyway I think this is what has caused my problem which is I can no longer get CD-R s to burn I have a Dell DImension with Windows XP and when I try to use Media Player to burn songs CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! to a CD it looks as if it is going thru the process but doesn t do it XP and media player recognize the drives and I can play CD s or DVD s just can t get the computer to remember that yes these drives are capable of recording Also when I put a blank CD-R into either drive they show under properties to be full and have CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! no space left on them even though they are new When I go to properties on both drives there is no recording tab so I cannot enable recording I have Googled around and here is what I have tried to do to fix it I used the Microsoft site s suggestion to edit the registry and change the drive values from to or No help I made sure the IMAPI value in Admin Services was on automatic and I force started it No help I went back to the registry and deleted the high filters and low filters in the registry file related to the drives No help I uninstalled the drives in device manager logged off and logged on to reinstall but they already had No help I uninstalled the drives and immediately went to new hardware wizard It found them and installed them No help I reinstalled Nero my burning software No help I went back to Microsoft s site and used the automatic Fix It wizard but it said both drives were not capable of recording bogus since I ve burned I don t know how many CD s since I got this computer in mid I probably forgot some stuff since I have been at this all afternoon and evening but I m really frustrated Both drives were working great forever so I guess when I installed those programs I mentioned earlier it jacked up something I don t think I ve tried to burn any CD s since I got rid of both of those programs up until today when I discovered the problem Thing is I CAN T remember which program had me change the record or burn to feature I think it changed it from the E and D drive to something else but don t remember where or how Yeah I know it was stupid to not write it down and yeah I regret screwing with either program But I d really like some help here if anyone can I appreciate it nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvd-drives-lost-properties-tabs-in-xp-cant-burn-cds-anymore.144176/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have the same problem as the one described here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;28375
(Display Properties Tabs Missing and OpenGL Not Supported)

However, I did not update Windows. My NVIDIA MX 440
graphics card has been working before, and after I did the
following:

Installed Slackware Linux and LILO (Linux Loader)
Set Linux partition to boot partition (hid Windows partition)
Was not able to load either OS and forced to delete Linux
using Windows XP CD
Installed new Windows XP in other partition
Installed Partition Magic on that partition and fixed
everything (unhid original partition)

The graphics card emerged with this problem. I reinstalled all drivers. How do I
resolve this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tabs-missing-in-display-properties-after-restoring-partition.156189/
Relevancy 59.34%

OKay I the - Properties disapprearing tabs of Display Case Windows XP have been having a fit with this one I have attached files below to illustrate what is going on don t worry about the discoloration as I had to save to to get the pic sall enough to paste here and the color has nothign to do with the problem I am running XP SP with system restore turned off and mission critical information so I really want to avoid a rebuild and don t Case of the disapprearing Display Properties tabs - Windows XP want to install ontop of whats in use Missing Tabs bmp - this is what I see when i open up the Display properties notice all tabs missing Missing Tabs - black outline bmp - If I hit the left and right arrow keys notice the little black outline its almost as though the tab is there just VERY small I did click in those general areas and each one I click on it will change so its almost as thought its really small and the tabs only occupy the far left of that bar As if this wasn t bizzare enough - Missing Tabs - theme change bmp - Now when I change the eme see how the tab half way turns normal size but is kind of half under the page Missing Tabs - theme change - click on tabs bmp - If i click on any of the half sied tabs they come back to full size - UNTIL you close out When you reopen it it goes back to the Missing Tabs bmp picture Now let me tell you the things i have done to try and fix it - Log on as another use - Still gone Reinstall video drivers - No change Verify right video drivers - Verified Checked policies none applied I checked some of the web things and alot have to do with HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System and I don t have a System key at all I am logged on as Admin I don t want to have to reinstall much more than a video driver so hopefully we can come up with some other solution than rebuild Mind you this is for someone who is heavy on graphics and needs these tabs nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

I need help to figure out what on earth is unexplained Google closing, redirects tabs, opens Browser audio and extra wrong with my computer When I open Explorer sometimes there is an additional tab with some sort of advertisement In addition the browser will spontaneously close Google search links lead to sites other than the one I have clicked and audio from the web comes on even when no browser is open I am operating on Windows XP and use Internet Explorer Any help would be much appreciated Below is my hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan Browser closing, opens extra tabs, unexplained audio and Google redirects saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smtray exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files TrueSwitchComcast TrueWizard exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer Iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer Iexplore exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www comcast net toolbar search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www comcast net toolbar search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http g msn com me IE ENUS R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Comcast Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- BE-BE DF D AE - C PROGRA COMCAS COMCAS DLL O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO MSN Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/browser-closing-opens-extra-tabs-unexplained-audio-and-google-redirects.849783/
Relevancy 58.91%

I am running Windows Ultimate I've just noticed that most dialog boxes I Task You Boxes, Dialog and Manger, Buttons MSCONFIG, it... name Blank Tabs, Win7 ITS open are blank i e msconfig as well as windows with tabs i e msconfig Even the date and time box Everything When I go to more prominent sites such as Facebook even the buttons on the page are blank This obviously was not the Win7 Blank Dialog Boxes, Buttons and Tabs, Task Manger, MSCONFIG, You name it... ITS case before and has just started in the past hours or so I've tried doing some simple research on my own but to no avail I've found that in older versions of Windows others have had similar issues but seemed to be more isolated to specific programs whereas this effects most things To solve their issues they re-registered jscript dll and that fixed their issue I tried that and even though it was successful it did not solve the issue I just finished running System File Checker as well but it didn't locate any issues Any help on this matter would be most appreciative If there is any info you'd like from me let me know and I will get to you ASAP Thanks in advance P S Below is a screenshot of my MSCONFIG window And yes I'm aware that window is supposed to be wide horizontal NOT tall and narrow

A:Win7 Blank Dialog Boxes, Buttons and Tabs, Task Manger, MSCONFIG, You name it... ITS

Check your screen resolution, as it may not be fully supported by you driver.
Also check the custom text size thing (i think it is called DPI)

sorry i am not at my computer right now so I forget about DPI thing, and how to get to it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win7-blank-dialog-boxes-buttons-and-tabs-task-manger-msconfig-you-name-it-its-481823.html
Relevancy 58.91%

The Browse For Folder dialog broke for whatever reason and I cant link it to anything specific I have done.

Please see image. The left is what I get, right is what I should see. The issue is some programs I use don't have the box for manually typing the location so I cant use them, I cant select location to save files etc.
Any help fixing this? In what direction I should look?

(Please no reinstall Windows etc. Thanks)

BTW: I have another healthy machine next to me so I could maybe compare registry entries, or files which are different. If anyone knows what I should look for please let me know.

Edit: This is Windows 7 Ultimate x64

A:Browse for Folder dialog broken (Wont display the folder tree at all)

Seems like I was too quick to post. I looked again and found a solution.

I did a SFC /SCANNOW and it works now! Please excuse me for creating another thread with the same issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...tml#post806187

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376453-browse-folder-dialog-broken-wont-display-folder-tree-all.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I noticed that i'm missing nearly all tabs on properties, only general and summary tabs are visible. So at least security and compatibility tabs are missing and i need them. I noticed that when i go to Local security policy settings on Control panel>Administrative tools i get this error: and i think these problems are connected. So i need to fix that error and get the properties window working right again. Im administrator and running XP pro SP2.

A:Local security policy error and missing tabs on properties

Please read Some Group Policy areas are missing from the Group Policy Editor and post back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-security-policy-error-and-missing-tabs-on-properties-106145.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey, how are you?

So I'm trying to connect to the internet via wireless. I have this sheet that tells me step-by-step instructions on how to do this (connect to my work network). The problem is that when I right-click on 'Wireless Network Connection,' only the Networking and Sharing are the only options that show up. I need the 'General' 'Wireless Networks' 'Advanced' tabs to continue my set-up. Am I clicking on the wrong thing? This also happens with my 'Local Area Connection'.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/214925-missing-general-wireless-networks-advanced-tabs-properties.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I recently cleared my computer of spyware related to PSGuard Among other things it put a Windows Blue Screen Security Tabs - Missing Properties Display (Trojan-Spy.HTML.Smitfraud.c) Warning tiled on my Desktop which stated the following A fatal error in IE has occured at C E in VXD VMM E Error was caused by Trojan-Spy HTML Smitfraud c System cannot function in normal mode Please check your security settings Scan your PC w any available antivirus spyware remover program to fix the problem When I opened Display Properties there were only tabs Screen Saver Effects and Settings The Background tab was missing so Display Properties - Missing Tabs (Trojan-Spy.HTML.Smitfraud.c) I could not change my Desktop I went ahead and cleaned my computer of the spyware using SpSeHjfix zip CWShredder and HiJackThis My computer is now spyware free but my Desktop continues to show the Windows Blue Screen Security Warning tiled and the Display Properties is still missing the Background tab as well as the Appearance and Web tabs Can anyone help me take back my Desktop and restore the Display Properties tabs My computer is running Windows SE If anyone can please help me I d certainly appreciate it nbsp

A:Display Properties - Missing Tabs (Trojan-Spy.HTML.Smitfraud.c)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties-missing-tabs-trojan-spy-html-smitfraud-c.378681/
Relevancy 58.91%

I noticed that i'm missing nearly all tabs on properties, only general and summary tabs are visible. So at least security and compatibility tabs are missing and i need them. I noticed that when i go to Local security policy settings on Control panel>Administrative tools i get this error: and i think these problems are connected. So i need to fix that error and get the properties window working right again. Im administrator and running XP pro SP2.

A:Local security policy error and missing tabs on properties

You can restore missing tabs on properties go to Start>Run, type regedit. In the Registry Editor go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
you should have a DWORD key "NoDispSettingsPage" change the value to "0".
If you don't see "NoDispSettingsPage" create the key give it a value of "1" then go back and change the value to "0".

**ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES**

If you're not comfortable messing with the registry wait for someone else with another suggestion. Good Luck!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-security-policy-error-and-missing-tabs-on-properties.478925/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello Friends Over the past few days I have noticed that my Folder Properties Right Click gt Properties doesn't show the 'folder size' or the 'number of files folders' the folder contains In the General Tab of the Folder Properties the following is displayed Size bytes Tab General Folder show 'Size', Properties 'Contains' doesn't Folder Size on disk bytes Contains Files Folders Everything else works fine This problem is specific to the folders In case of files all details are shown as usual In fact when I bring my mouse over the folders the tool tips DO show the folder size and also names of files they contain Also this is not because of the folder being empty or Folder Properties General Tab doesn't show Folder 'Size', 'Contains' anything as this problem is for ALL folders invariably including the Windows folder I have tried using Folder Properties General Tab doesn't show Folder 'Size', 'Contains' Command Prompt The 'dir' command can list the folder size with no problems I also have all requisite permissions as I am the admin Also UAC etc is in place Additional Details I have no problems moving folders copy pasting etc whatsoever and the computer is working totally fine Only this problem stumps me Please help

A:Folder Properties General Tab doesn't show Folder 'Size', 'Contains'

nomal and annoying behavior of Win 7.

If you really need to know the size of a folder, you can use a powershell script or, easier, for normal-user is:
Use TreeSize Free which is one my favorite little program jewels.
JAM Software - Windows Freeware

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/232408-folder-properties-general-tab-doesnt-show-folder-size-contains.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Ok so here's my problem: In any program with tabs (FireFox, VMWare Workstation, etc.) the window appears as multiple windows in the taskbar. This is a problem for me because I usually have multiple windows open each with a few tabs. So when I hover over the program on the taskbar I can't tell the difference between separate windows and separate tabs. If anyone here knows how I can fix this I would appreciate your help very much!

A:Multiple Tabs in FireFox Creates Multiple Window Tabs

Why do you need to tell the difference between Windows and Tabs? Don't they all end in the same place of viewing a certain page?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/104310-multiple-tabs-firefox-creates-multiple-window-tabs.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello, I'm having problems changed the properties of my folders, I want to issue one specific folder/subfolders with a password, but the 'Make this folder private' tickbox is greyed out and I cannot select it.

How can I make my folder private?

Relevancy 55.47%

I have a window on my desktop that I can not remove.

A:Extra Window

do you know what the windows is for
if you use
Control+ALT+Delete Key - open task manager
whats showing in application tab

maybe a screen shot

To post a screen shot of the active window.
For Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
​For windows Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/
​For Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extra-window.1124371/
Relevancy 55.47%

Ok peeps i need help. I just did a fresh install and when I loaded the motherboard apps and drivers it asked me if I wanted to setup a password, Stupid me said yes and I typed the password in, it restarted to continue and when it came back up it gave me this message in a seperate called "Logon message" "The system could could not log you on. Make sure your User name and domain are correct, then type your password again. Letters in passwords must be typed using the correct case." what I want is to completely get rid of this login altogether. Is that possible? Thanks ahead of time.

A:Log on Dialog window

Can you login at all? What mobo apps and drivers did you install--maybe the manufacturer has more info on what's bringing up the logon message and how to disable it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/log-on-dialog-window.359947/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi all,
I've some users added to 'Network configuration operator' on Windows 7x64 Pro SP1 and they cannot open the properties dialog of network interface. I've tested the KB2157332 on Windows 7 x64 Pro
without SP1 and it works, but I cannot install it on W7SP1 computer, . I'm looking a SP1 version of the hotfix but I cannot find it. 
I've read
this and
this post but still getting the issue
Any idea to solve it?
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bd6896d1-1e9d-49ac-955a-2492179ed728/network-configuration-operator-cannot-open-the-properties-dialog-of-a-network-interface?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 54.61%

I downloaded VLC media player apparently not getting In ads on popup all all browsers extra popup webpages tabs, windows, from the right place and since then In all browsers getting popup tabs, popup windows, extra ads on all webpages I have been getting ads on every web In all browsers getting popup tabs, popup windows, extra ads on all webpages page I go to It happens in chrome as well as IE Pop up windows pop up tabs pop up banners and those extra double-underlined links which appear randomly in all the text which bring you to more ad sites with pop up bubbles if you hover over them They say ads by bettersurf down in the corner The ads seem to be for all different things so it's hard to pin down what exactly to call this virus Some of them include globaltechexpert com downloadcamp com yoursoftsite com fastonlinefinder com etc etc One that always appears up in the corner of the page says Call For Great Tech Support with a number Also there seem to be extra ads embedded in the webpages themselves and sometimes the pics that actually should be there are way over-sized and distort the spacing of the pages I have already run a full scan with Malwarebytes which detected a few things but deleting them did not help Please help It is extremely annoying and things seem to be slower too I'm running Windows bit

A:In all browsers getting popup tabs, popup windows, extra ads on all webpages

Hello to_the_sun I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.I need to get some reports to get a base to start from so I need you to run these programs first.-Download DDS-Please download DDS from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:DDS.txtAttach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515742/in-all-browsers-getting-popup-tabs-popup-windows-extra-ads-on-all-webpages/
Relevancy 54.18%

Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Wichita on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Removed SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition new IE7 an window blank extra opening keeps - - UTC - RP - Installed Ad-Aware - - UTC - RP - Windows Update - - UTC - RP - Windows Update - - UTC - RP - Windows Update -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - Windows Update Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Wichita exe --------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm IE7 keeps opening an extra new blank window exe c Program Files Bioscrypt VeriSoft Bin AsGHost exe C Windows IE7 keeps opening an extra new blank window Explorer EXE C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTBDaemon exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files The Weather Channel FW Desktop Weather DesktopWeather exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files IObit IObit SmartDefrag IObit SmartDefrag exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Vongo Tray exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor SSDK exe c users wichita appdata local fztods exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Users Wichita Desktop dss exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK Wichita exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www foxnews com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www foxnews com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO eBay Toolbar Helper - D E - A E- DFB- E-AAB F BD - C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTb dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - BHO VeriSoft Access Manager - DF F DB- C - D - -B D EC - c Program Files Bio... Read more

A:IE7 keeps opening an extra new blank window

Hello and welcome to the forums

My name is Katana and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.

Please observe these rules while we work:
1. If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
2. Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
3. Please continue to respond until I give you the "All Clear"
(Just because you can't see a problem doesn't mean it isn't there)

If you can do those three things, everything should go smoothly :D

I apologize for the delay in responding, but as you can probably see the forums are quite busy
and sometimes a post manages to slip by us.
Unfortunately there are far more people needing help than there are helpers.

Quote:

Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.

If you think you have similar problems, please post a log in the HJT forum and wait for help.

Please post a fresh HJT log in your reply

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/ie7-keeps-opening-an-extra-new-blank-window-217823.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I'm not talking about aero snap. I installed display fusion. I have three displays and I can snap a window to the edge of a display no matter the size of the window. Can you do this from within Windows itself?

A:Window snapping without extra software?

I know it is possible, as I have programs on my system that do this - One that comes to mind are the Built in Player windows in MediaMonkey Media system, plus I have seen similar with other programs.

I assume this functionality is written into the actual programs concerned but it is also possible that this is a rarely used Windows API Call, which could also be what Display Fusion is taking advantage of

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/392992-window-snapping-without-extra-software.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello (sorry for my bad english, I'm from Spain).

When I open a new window with window.showModalDialog() function (exists in firefox since version 3) and then, in this popup I click on a link to download a file, I get a blank download dialog like this:

If I open this page without using showModalDialog everything is ok.

Somebody can help me please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/window-showmodaldialog-and-download-dialog-377370.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have had this happen before but I can't remember what I did to fix it. I first noticed that I couldn't update Adobe Flash because the install window/box was cutting off the confirmation check box. I can't use system restore because the window/box cuts off the tool buttons. This closed thread addresses the same problem.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/795086-window-too-small-content.html

I followed the directions but no luck. Anyone?

Relevancy 54.18%

I have this reoccuring Problem Every time I turn on my computer I get this message saying. Tittle is Windows registry recovery It say one of the files containing system registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternative copy the recovery was sucessful. the computer runs fine I can't delete this message that pops up when I turn the computer on I can click ok and close it but I cant delete it. I tried moving it to trash can I went into systems to turn off error reporting this didnt work It appears every time I turn the computer on and halts booting on until I click ok. I'm baffeled.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-xp-registry-recovery-dialog-box.320175/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi to everyone who reads this...

In Windows Explorer, in the navigation pane, I have some "favorite links", and when I use a dialog window, like "Open" or "Save As", those links are also visible.
No problems here.

But when I use IE8:IE7 and I have to save a dwnld to my disk there are only two links shown in that dialog window, instead of four like in Windows Explorer.

In Windows Explorer I have the following links:
(I've deleted/added some links manually)
- Desktop
- Computer
- * User Folder
- * and a link to my Data "D" partition --> Documents Folder, which I use to store dwnlds and stuff.

Now, I would appreciate it if somebody could tell me how I can add those two links with an (*) to the dialog window in IE8/IE7?

Thanks in advance for your time and advice,
best regards Carlo.

A:Favorite links in IE8 dialog window

In IE8, click on File / Save As. There will be two sections on the left. One at the top for favorites and one at the bottom for folders. To add something to the Favorites list, just go to the Folders list and find the folder you want (in your case, first the User Folder and then the D: Drive Documents Folder - one at a time). Then click on it and hold the button down and drag it from the folders list to a blank area (an area between other favorites - where you want it to be since that's where it will henceforth appear) on the favorites list and release the button. It should have a small popup window indicating you are adding a favorite - if it brings up a large do you want to merge dialog box cancel it - you released on a favorite link instead of between them and you do NOT want to merge. That new location should now be included in the favorites list. I just did it for my Downloads folder and it worked like a charm.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/281081-favorite-links-ie8-dialog-window.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Since I did a fresh install of Windows 7 64 bit I can't find how to change the dialog windows that come up when looking for a image to post somewhere from this

To this window

A:How do I set the dialog window to open full

click on this and it should come back to normal. (second picture)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/219873-how-do-i-set-dialog-window-open-full.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi to everyone who reads this.

I have a small problem regarding IE8.
When I dwnld a file I can specify the pad to were the file must be placed, then the actual dwnld starts, and afterwards I can choose between "Run" or "Open Folder".

Then I normally choose for Open Folder, and thats when my problem occurs.
What happens is; when I click the Open Folder button the dialoog window closes and nothing happens. It's supposed to open the folder I selected, but it doesn't.

Does anyone have a bright idea on how solve this issue?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for your answer.

Regards Carlo

A:Ie8 dwnld/dialog window problem

One possibilty is that you do not have permission
Sharing and Permissions - Windows 7 Forums
A second possiblity is that you must be in an admistratror account

You may have to run as adminstrator
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...nistrator.html
For Seven and Vista

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/283211-ie8-dwnld-dialog-window-problem.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey all!

I just wonder, is there a way to actually change all four (4) file attributes from the file properties dialog of a file?

This was possible with Windows 95! Imagine that! Windows 95!...

But it's not possible with Windows 98!
It's not possible with Windows Me (Mistake Edition, *cough*)!
It's not possible with Windows 2000!
It's not possible with Windows XP!
It's not possible with Windows Vista!
And it's not possible with Windows 7!

Why would you want to use the attrib command to change file attributes? Because that's the only thing I know of that allows setting all four attributes. The four attributes being the Read-only, Hidden, Archive, and System.

Is there by any chance a way to add these attribute options to the file properties dialog?...

A:How do you change file attributes from the file properties dialog?

You can see on samples below how the file properties dialog may look like on different Windows versions.

Windows 95
Source: http://www.web-friend.com/help/win9x/95help8.html

Windows 98
Source: http://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21302
Windows XP
Source: http://www.anti-forensics.com/disable-the-lastaccess-timestamp-in-windows-xp

Windows Vista
Source: http://www.nicholasoverstreet.com/2010/03/windows-7-annoyance-file-properties/

Windows 7
Source: http://www.nicholasoverstreet.com/2010/03/windows-7-annoyance-file-properties/

The dialog may look the same in Windows Vista and Windows 7, but they behave a little bit differently. As you can see from the lower most image, the the time stamps are displayed as "X hours ago" instead of actual time it was created, modified or accessed. It will display time normally as with all previous Windows versions only after 24 hours have passed. I don't like this, but as far as I know it's the only change they have done to the file properties dialog in Windows 7.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-change-file-attributes-from-the-file-properties-dialog.1013467/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Dell computer running Windows in Extra sites tries access ad window and too opens IE XP Service Pack When I use Internet Explorer or firefox and go to many different websites another window opens Extra window opens in IE and tries too access ad sites up and trys to open up some random website Usually the site doesnt load and I end up with a window that says something like quot Oops Internet Explorer could not connect to insert site name here quot It seems like many of the sites have trafficrevenue in the address but not all of them I have Norton Internet Security and have run full scans I have run Malwarebytes and it finds nothing at all I have run Superantispyware and all that has found is cookies I ran CCleaner I ran spybot and it found cookies I downloaded Microsoft security Essentials and ran a full scan which took like hours and that found spyware items Went to the ESPN website and right away another window opened and was trying to load a random site Man this is very frustrating I have run all those programs in regular and safemode I have googled like crazy and can not find an answer or solution I really do not want to format my drive and reload windows Does anybody have any suggestions on what else I can try Thanks for any help

A:Extra window opens in IE and tries too access ad sites

Hello are you getting a Tidserv request when a new window wants to open??Are you running XP or another system?ESET Online ScanHold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
ESET OnlineScanClick the ESET Online Scanner button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on Export to text file... to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the Eset Smart Installer icon on your desktop.Check the "YES, I accept the Terms of Use"Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Check Scan archivesPush the Start button.ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, push "List of found threats"Push "Export to text file", and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.Push the "<<Back" button.Push FinishIn your next reply, please include the following:Eset Scan LogNOTE: In some instances if no malware is found there will be no log produced.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/353042/extra-window-opens-in-ie-and-tries-too-access-ad-sites/
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm having a strange problem and I've got no idea what's causing it. Whenever I sign in to yahoo messenger, I get this window over it
http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=51373563js8.jpg
It's really bothersome. Any ideas how to get rid of it?
Tried reinstalling the application, but no go.

Thanks!

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there This is my first post so I hope this is in the Pictures Properties > Folder Folder right section etc I m using Folder Properties > Folder Pictures Windows XP and I ve been having problems with some MP files in regards to album artwork and tagging I ve discovered that it s my album folders that have been tagged most likely by me to have a custom Folder Picture I Folder Properties > Folder Pictures want to remove all the Folder Pictures from my music album folders Folder Properties > Folder Pictures I fear I will have to do one by one which is a LOT unless I can find a reverse procedure in the program I suspect caused this to happen That program is Tag amp Rename and I suspect I accidentally added custom pictures to these folders when I was adding album art to the individual music files ANYWAYS When in Windows Explorer and looking at the album folders in question I can right-click on them and go to Properties Then in the last tab Customise I can see a section called Folder Pictures And there I see the album artwork on the folder So I want that removed However clicking on the Restore Default button does NOTHING Could the folder be locked by Tag amp Rename or something I just tried playing with the Read Only Attributes of the folder but it seems to make no difference nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi All From one day to the other my WinXP SP box fails to show the logon dialog window on boot I ve always used classic logon So power on machine no errors WinXP logo no errors WinXP logo disappears and the blue background appears mouse cursor appears but the logon dialog windows does NOT appear Machine is still no startup - dialog window on logon WinXP responsing to mouse movement etc No further HDD activity edit exact same thing happens when trying last known good config When trying safe mode black screen appears with the white safe-mode text in the corners of the screen but nothing else happens There is one MSKB article which seems to discribe this issue - solution was to re-extract kernel dll - as I expected this doesn t do anything and just crashes the machine Tried extracting the winlogon exe but makes no difference Did a repair-installation no difference I ve had this problem once before months ago but after clearing the CMOS and restoring BIOS setup defaults it worked fine again Which I thought was weird Seems like that was just a co-incidence because this time around that doesn WinXP - no logon dialog window on startup t help at all Anybody ever seen this before Anybody know what files i could try re-extracting from the WinXP disc Or think I m looking at a full re-install Yuck Thanks in advance F V nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-no-logon-dialog-window-on-startup.528437/
Relevancy 53.75%

Help....I am getting a constant stream of Window's dialog boxes. If left undeleated I get over 100 and they are constantly in the way of anything I am doing on the computer. The boxes are titled: C: WINDOWS\system32\cdm.exe ... I tried to do a system restore but was unsuccessful. I am also not able to reinstall the OS. Please provide easy to understand fixes since I am somewhat a computer novice. THANKS

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/continious-stream-of-window-dialog-boxes-387772.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Helloes!
I have been having an issue with Win 7 for quite some time with this popup dialog box appearing saying there is "No disk". I am using a non-english version so I am not sure how it looks in english sorry.

It appears as an error message about every 5-10 minutes while the computer is idle.

Some people suggest this occurs because an USB drive has been removed without using the secure removal option in the tray icons.. But I always do it with secure removal. Also, there is an USB stick connected right now. Still t keeps appearing.

I have noticed it starts appearing during and after using MS Excel 2007, but not sure if it occurs while usimg other programs.

Would really appreciate help in removing this problem.

A:No Disk error, popup dialog window

Could you provide a screenshot?

Is this happening at boot or in windows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325709-no-disk-error-popup-dialog-window.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys,

I have a client who is using adobe 9 pro and I cannot get the print dialog window to come up... neither from the printer icon in the toolbar, nor the file>print option ..
If I try to print, nothing happens at all.

I've tried all the basic things like repairing it from add/remove programs, and power cycling the pc ..

also, I've tried to print different pdf documents without success, however all other documents will print in their respective programs, such as Word docs and Jpegs ..

any idea what's up with 9 pro ? I haven't seen acrobat do this / fail like this before ... grrrrrrrr

thanks !!!

A:Solved: Adobe 9 pro will not print / no dialog window

Has the program be registered/activasted?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-adobe-9-pro-will-not-print-no-dialog-window.944486/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello and thank you in advance for your help. I am a first time user and spent most of the night reading posting on this site. I was very helpful.

Enough said, I just ran into a problem with my display properties. It occurred after a virus attacked my computer and reset the desktop to a false "blue screen of death". I was able to remove it Ad-Aware SE, but once i was working with the computer again, I found that the tabs under "display properties" were missing. They included "Themes", "Desktop" and "Appearances". I already tried reinstalling XP and carefully reinstalling the ATI drivers, but i still only see the "screen saver" and "settings" tabs.

Thanks again!

A:Missing 3 Tabs in "Display Properties" (Themes, Desktops, Appearance)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-3-tabs-in-display-properties-themes-desktops-appearance.359477/
Relevancy 53.32%

Running Win XP Pro on a AMD Athlon XP 2800+ with 512MB of DDR 2700 RAM.

When I right-click on the desktop to make any changes (like wallpaper, or screensaver) all I get is the Display Properties box with no tabs.

The sheet displayed is Themes. The selected theme is Windows XP.

If I change the theme and click Apply, the tabs all appear. But if I close & re-open the Display Properties, I'm back to Themes with no tabs.

There is a similar post here already, but no one has posted any solutions.

Help!

johnnieq

Relevancy 53.32%

Okay so i have a windows 8 and some tabs won't open sorta, they open but when i click on them they won't show up on the screen or anything, i've tried restarting the computer and sometimes even redownloading the programs and still nothing. The tabs are faded out like their opened but clicking on them does nothing, anybody know whats wrong with my computer??

A:Window tabs not working

After doing some research I'm finding out that some of the third party anti-virus programs are playing havoc with the apps. What are you running? Avast seems to be a major problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-tabs-not-working.1126613/
Relevancy 53.32%

Everywhere I look people are moaning that links open in windows not tabs but I've the opposite problem. I enter competitions from a specialist portal which lists them. I want to open several of the links in separate windows at a time but they are coming up in tabs. I've found the tabbed browsing settings and the box is ticked to open links in a new window but I still find them opening tabs.

A:Open in new window, not tabs

Right click on the links and select open in new window.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/319815-open-new-window-not-tabs.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Yesterday I looked at task manager and it now has no tabs or even a menu bar. I need help restoring it to how it used to look with tabs and the menu bar. I've included a screen shot below.

A:Task Mgr window has no tabs

First time I have heard of this kind of problem. I would start with sfc /scannow in cmd. prompt/admin. It will run it and chech Windows 7 System Files and repair them if it can. Run it 3 times with a boot after each time. This can't hurt but might help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/234778-task-mgr-window-has-no-tabs.html
Relevancy 53.32%

i was wondering i there was a way to move or organize the window tabs at the bottom of the screen
im not sure exactly what to call them but when you have multiple windows open, im refering to the tabs on the bottom
like if i have 4 windows open, and i wanted to move the tab for the first page i opened to the end (so it would be as if i opened it last), is that possible
im sorry if this makes no sense

A:can you move window tabs?

Hi sabomnim,

Sorry, but I don't think that is possible. The tabs on the task bar appear from left to right in the order that the programs are opened.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/180967-can-you-move-window-tabs.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, I have a problem .. again

I was following these steps until i need help on STEP 7 on this link:

http://portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm

Well first, i went to Start>Control Panel>Network Connections and when I right-clicked on my Internet connection and i chose Properties, the Properties window showed up ..

but the Properties window disappeared.....
how can i fix this problem?

A:Why does my Properties window shuts off?

anyone!?

*sorry if double-posting isnt allowed here.....*

if responded, ill delete this post*

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-does-my-properties-window-shuts-off.568713/
Relevancy 53.32%

res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/dnserror.htm#http://leader.linkexchange.com/1029798962505/X919500/showiframe?

what does this mean

A:properties window question

kknowles
Please create one thread per problem to avoid confusion.
Closing thread duplicate.
http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?threadid=91983

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/properties-window-question.91982/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am using Windows 7

I can not open a gif file sent to me. Only one way I know how to open is:
~ right click on gif
~ click on "properties"
~ click on "change"...but there is no "change"...
help please...?

A:Can not open gif - "Properties" missing tabs and options

Hello Nownadthen, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if downloading and meging the gif option in the tutorial may be able to help. It will restore the default associations for .gif files.

Default File Type Associations - Restore

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/196937-can-not-open-gif-properties-missing-tabs-options.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I am running XP Pro SP3. In trying to resolve an onboard wireless adapter problem, I noticed that under the windows/system32/drivers folder, I have another system32/drivers folder, with just a few files in it. Is this normal, or has this folder been inadvertently created ?

A:Extra system32 folder

No it is not normal, yes it has probably been inadvertently added.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extra-system32-folder.791178/
Relevancy 52.89%

My ISP is "Toast," with which I am very satisfied. However, its "connect" dialog window comes up even when I open a WORD file. Sometimes I have to click "cancel" three times to rid my screen of this annoyance.

The techs at "Toast" are baffled by this. Perhaps someone here at TSG can provide some insight and/or a solution.

Thanks, {redoak}