Windows Support Forum

My laptop will not connect wirelessly to the internet

Q: My laptop will not connect wirelessly to the internet

I laptop My wirelessly to will the connect not internet have had my laptop for around a year and it has always connected to the internet both wirelessly and through the cable Suddenly for no apparent reason about a week ago it stopped working All that I had done was turn on my quot Guest Account quot and download Skype It worked for a few minutes after this and then stopped completely- if I hovered over the wireless connection on the bottom right of my screen there is a big red cross and it tells me that there are no wireless networks available in the range We have another laptop which we use from My laptop will not connect wirelessly to the internet the exact same location within the My laptop will not connect wirelessly to the internet house and this connects no problem it also finds another or so wireless networks in the neighbourhood I know that there is not a problem with my router modem as I can connect via my other computer I have not done anything to the laptop except the installation above- I tried uninstalling this and turning off the Guest Account but still no joy I looked at other posts on here and tried some of the things suggested but still no joy I thought I would try to be clever also and think I have actually made this worse so that it is now beyond repair I know with most computer based things uninstalling and reinstalling it can work tried this and have now uninstalled my wireless network cannot now find where it is to reinstall If you are able to give me suggestions to fix this please treat me as a novice as although I know some things about computers I really don t know enough to decipher some of the more technical terms Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My laptop will not connect wirelessly to the internet

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: My laptop will not connect wirelessly to the internet

bangj001 said:

I have had my laptop for around a year and it has always connected to the internet both wirelessly and through the cable. Suddenly, for no apparent reason, about a week ago it stopped working.

All that I had done was turn on my "Guest Account" and download Skype. It worked for a few minutes after this and then stopped completely- if I hovered over the wireless connection on the bottom right of my screen, there is a big red cross and it tells me that there are no wireless networks available in the range.

We have another laptop which we use from the exact same location within the house and this connects no problem, it also finds another 7 or so wireless networks in the neighbourhood.

I know that there is not a problem with my router/modem as I can connect via my other computer. I have not done anything to the laptop except the installation above- I tried uninstalling this and turning off the Guest Account but still no joy.

I looked at other posts on here and tried some of the things suggested but still no joy.... I thought I would try to be clever also and think I have actually made this worse so that it is now beyond repair!! I know with most computer based things, uninstalling and reinstalling it can work... tried this and have now uninstalled my wireless network...cannot now find where it is to reinstall!

If you are able to give me suggestions to fix this, please treat me as a novice as although I know some things about computers, I really don't know enough to decipher some of the more technical terms! Thanks in advanceClick to expand...

I assume you're using some sort of windows machine. Have you tried a system restore to a previous state when the OS used to work?
if not you should try that first by going to Programs>accesories>system tools> system re-store and select a time from when the laptop used to work fine.

Mm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-will-not-connect-wirelessly-to-the-internet.158976/
Relevancy 85.14%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility laptop can't I my wirelessly internet the to connect version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Acadia Antivirus AVG Internet Security Disabled I have another laptop that connects to my internet connection no problem the problem is that when i even try to look for the modem on my computer that it doesnt show up my computer doesnt find any wireless connections at all i tried downloading new drivers i just paid to do so I can't connect my laptop to the internet wirelessly and the problem is still there i have had this problem for quite some time now and ive tried everything i can think of im hoping your expertise can help me out its a brand new modem just got it today internet is fast when im wired or on the other laptop wirelessly i just cant figure out why my computer wont connect to the modem even when i type the username and password on the modem please help nbsp

A:I can't connect my laptop to the internet wirelessly

Basic stuff first>

We'd rather have the Model and make of the notebook so we can help you easier. Look for the exact model on the label on the bottom of your notebook....post that please. I see it is an Acer......

You should use only one wireless utility to find and connect to wireless connections.....Windows has one built in, but the drivers for wifi adapters often install one as well...this can be confusing and conflicts occur.

See if for example, your wireless adapter is an Intel Pro, (just as an example) open the driver window for it from the Device Manager or Network in the Control Panel...... see if there is anything that tells you by a checkmark, that the utility to configure the wireless being used is the Intel one, and if that is NOT the case, then the Windows one is probably being used....so,

to get to that one, right click the network adapter icon down in the system tray if it shows there, and use that to "Search for Wireless networks"

Try the Intel or other brand's utility if the Windows utility is NOT set as the configuring utility.....

The branded ones usually appear like cell phone bars and usually are green, if you are very near the modem or router, the signal should be full bars... and these also would normally be located in the system tray down by the clock.... or they can be checkmarked in the driver window to appear in the tray if you want to use that utility instead of the Windows one. The Windows utility icon is usually the two-computer familiar icon. These light up when the connection is active.

Do you know about the wireless switch or key combo to *Enable* the wireless adapter?

All wi-fi notebooks have this feature usually> wireless can be turned off. You should see somewhere, one of the Fn keys along the top row, or on the front , a lighted possibly Blue, tiny LED which would tell you the wireless is ON>
I've included the graphic symbol for wireless here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cant-connect-my-laptop-to-the-internet-wirelessly.1028330/
Relevancy 85.14%

I have a Compaq CQ It formerly belonged to a friend internet wirelessly to connect won't the My laptop who had no problems with it and I restored factory settings However it isn t connecting to my router Well it does connect - but it calls it quot unidentified quot and despite my many attempts it just won t allow me access to the internet The two other laptops in the house are connected to it fine though I tried connecting to my neighbour s wireless router and it worked no problem including the internet I bought an ethernet cable earlier which successfully connected my laptop to the internet Although it said I was connected to a homenetwork as well as my Talk Talk router which it proceeds to call quot unidentified quot and is restricted to local access However I really need it to work wirelessly Can someone please help me I have not been able to use the laptop yet as the ethernet cable does not allow me to leave the router nbsp

Relevancy 85.14%

I have a Dell Inspiron connect laptop wirelessly to Cannot internet laptop Vista and until recently was able to use it wirelessly I have changed internet providers and now have a new router that I am able to use wirelessly with my work laptop but have never been able to connect my personal laptop to It works fine with the ethernet cable just not without it My boyfriend and I have played around with different settings and now I think we may have changed everything so much I have no idea where to start to get it connected We have tried it at his house too and again my work laptop works fine Cannot connect laptop to internet wirelessly there but not my personal one unless we use the ethernet cable Where do I need to start to make sure all the basic settings are correct and go from there to get this thing connected and useful again I m not that Cannot connect laptop to internet wirelessly savvy so specific terms or instructions would be very Cannot connect laptop to internet wirelessly much appreciated L nbsp

Relevancy 85.14%

Not too sure I am posting this in the correct spot. Hoping some one can help me even if I am in the wrong area.

I received a new hard drive along with recovery discs from dell yesterday. They told me the new drive would be blank and I would have to run the discs. Not a problem. Installed the OS along with the drivers that had check marks next to them.

Today I plug in my home internet and it won't work. Unplug it and turn the wireless back on and it gets online just fine.

Not really sure if I installed some thing wrong or what I did.

A:Laptop will only connect to the internet wirelessly

Have you restarted the system after installing the drivers?

If not try that.

Also what version of Windows are you running including computer specs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-will-only-connect-to-the-internet-wirelessly.1015629/
Relevancy 84.28%

I ve been looking around for a solution but cannot find one I have an HP pavillion g My connect laptop Solved: the wirelessly internet can't to with windows bit and my router is a Westell model W I did the ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users nope gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name nope-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - - -DD- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Ralink RT b g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - - -DD- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix myhome westell com Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -E -B - - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel Solved: My laptop can't connect to the internet wirelessly adapter isatap EFA -F - -A A -A E CACE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BF C - D - -AA -BBE D CB C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Solved: My laptop can't connect to the internet wirelessly Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap myhome westell com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users nope gt nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

Okay so I have been troubleshooting my husband's toshiba laptop. Its only a couple years old, has windows vista, and works fine other than it wont' connect to the internet wirelessly. I looked at the adapter card and it says there are no issues and it will connect via ethernet, I just need it to connect wirelessly for school. I would try my wireless USB adapter but is in storage in Texas.

A:Laptop wont' connect wirelessly to Internet

the laptop may have a switch to turn the wireless on - sometimes on the front of the laptop and its sprung so you push it all the way over and it springs back
OR
it may use a combination of the FN key + one of the F keys

lets see an ipconfig /all and an xirrus screen shot

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.
http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Or if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in
Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/ or
if you want to optimise base station position and signal strength / dead spots use
http://www.chimoosoft.com/products/apgrapher/ which has a graph function to monitor signal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-connect-wirelessly-to-internet.1061799/
Relevancy 83.42%

Good day all,

Okay I recently purchase a laptop, a dell latitude d630 it's windows 7. Been having internet problems on and off almost since I bought it. Now today it's just not connecting at all. My iPhone connects to the clear just find. I rebooted both the connection and laptop but to no avail. I'm not where near another computer not at least 2 more days because I'm doing live in work. So I'm hoping I can get bk. any suggestions advice?

A:Solved: Can't connect to internet with laptop wirelessly but iPhone can

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-to-internet-with-laptop-wirelessly-but-iphone-can.1099270/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi all I apologize on making my first post here asking for help but I have nowhere else to can't can internet Desktop laptop computer connect wirelessly to but to turn so hopefully someone can help me out with this In my house I have a wired network as well as a wireless and on the wired network I have my desktop as well as a second which connects fine to the internet and all the laptops and cell phones have no issues of connecting wirelessly Desktop computer can't connect to internet but laptop can wirelessly Anyways earlier on today my computer was hit with a DNS failure as I was trying to use Google Chrome but then later on sometime later I wasn't paying much attention on my network icon in the bottom corner I got a yellow triangle showing it couldnt connect to the internet anymore and that it connected to network while the second desktop that is in the house is connected to network So thats where I am now and I dont know what else to do Any help would be appreciated

A:Desktop computer can't connect to internet but laptop can wirelessly

Run Ipconfig /All on both the laptop and the desktop. I particular note down the values for the Default Gateway and DNS servers.

The default gateway should be the same as the IP address for your router, the DNS addresses should either point to your router (which will auto pick up your ISP's DNS server addresses) or direct to your ISP's DNS servers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/236141-desktop-computer-cant-connect-internet-but-laptop-can-wirelessly.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello,

My HP Pavillion dv6000 laptop recently stopped connecting to the internet. I'm not sure why, but there is an adapter in the device manager under the network adapters called 6TO4 adapter, which has a yellow exclamation mark next to it. It says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I am running my system on Windows Vista Home Premium Servce Pack 1.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 82.56%

Hi I have obtained a Samsung R plus Laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium which used to connect wirelessly Samsung Unable Laptop my get to R60Plus Internet The Wirelessly connect To to to Unable to get my Samsung R60Plus Laptop to connect Wirelessly To The Internet the internet with no problems at all using an old Netgear router That router gave Unable to get my Samsung R60Plus Laptop to connect Wirelessly To The Internet up the ghost so I have since updated it to a Unable to get my Samsung R60Plus Laptop to connect Wirelessly To The Internet brand new Huawei HG Router All my other PC's and tablets connect wirelessly to this new router no problems at all but i am unable to get this Samsung laptop to connect to the internet at all It can find the network no problem I type in my security key very carefully to make sure it is correct yet it will not connect to the Internet I have tried disabling the Firewall and antivirus to see if that was causing the problem yet still no Joy Even tried Flushing the DNS and updating the firmware on the Router Still nothing I know there is nothing wrong with the Laptop yet I have tried just about everything and have searched the internet high and low for a solution does anyone have any suggestions

A:Unable to get my Samsung R60Plus Laptop to connect Wirelessly To The Internet

Hi

I would suggest that you check your drivers & update as required: -

Here

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/304082-unable-get-my-samsung-r60plus-laptop-connect-wirelessly-internet.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi My laptop has been working fine until yesterday Now Advent connect Laptop Solved: ethernet internet or wirelessly via the to wont Roma it wont connect to the internet AT ALL It wont connect wirelessly and it wont connect when using an ethernet cable The weird thing is that my dad s laptop also connects to the internet wirelessly also however his laptop is working fine The desktop computer upstairs can connect to the internet via Ethernet cable I ve tried diagnosing the connection but there is no solution When I hover over the wireless connection on the toolbar it says Local and Internet and it shows full green bars I m using a Belkin router I ve tried turning off the router MANY times to no avail I ve also removed the wirelesss connection from my laptop and then re-added it but still it doesn t display internet pages I can t even go on my routers settings on the laptop because it won Solved: Advent Roma Laptop wont connect to the internet wirelessly or via ethernet t load the page I m new to this forum so if I ve missed out any important details just let me know and I ll see if I can provide them nbsp

A:Solved: Advent Roma Laptop wont connect to the internet wirelessly or via ethernet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-advent-roma-laptop-wont-connect-to-the-internet-wirelessly-or-via-ethernet.957656/
Relevancy 71.38%

It will work when I connect it using an ethernet cable but it won't connect to the wireless.

When I run the network diagnostics, it says The wireless network key does not match or something like that

Relevancy 71.38%

I need help solving this wireless connection problem I was given a second laptop quite old by my laptop wirelessly 2nd cannot connect aunt but i am having troubles connecting wirelessly to my router modem The specs are dell latitude cpx h gt mb ram running windowx xp home edition The wireless adapter is linksys wireless-b notebook adapter I have a wire gateway router modem I haven t tried wired connection yet but i would prefer a wireless connection Laptop can detect my ssid but it cannot connect to it 2nd laptop cannot connect wirelessly says its out of range even router is nearby At my aunts place it was able 2nd laptop cannot connect wirelessly to connect 2nd laptop cannot connect wirelessly to the internet wirelessly but not to my router I never had an issue like this except for this one not really computer savvy but i am willing to learn I want to upgrade it but i can t get the internet working this is the result when i typed ipconfig all host name laptop primary dns suffix nothing node type broadcast ip routing enabled yes wins proxy enabled yes ethernet adapter wireless network connection media state media disconnected nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

Hey guys,

Just bought a Toshiba Portege and I am trying to connect it to my home network which my other 3 laptops and 2 desktops connect to. All wirelessly.

However, this one is causing me problems!!

My router is set to have WPA security and the new laptop is asking for a WEP key which is non-existent.

So when I try and connect to my Wireless network, it says: "This wireless network requires the use of a network key (WEP), to access this netwrk, type the key, then click Connect."

I tried entering my WPA password but that didn't work.. Durr..

It's running Windows XP SP1.. Maybe that is the problem? I don't know..

Can anyone shed some light please?

Thanks TG!

Relevancy 71.38%

Hi I am using a Belkin ADSL Modem with High Speed Mode Wireless G Router It is connected to my desktop PC wired My laptop uses it wirelessly This afternoon the modem cut out from the internet I got the modem back up and running and my internet for my desktop PC works However for my laptop it fails to connect It shows it up as in range but can never connect to the internet I ve tried restarting it I ve check in my device management and theres no warning or error messages I ran the IPCONFIG ALL and got the following details Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name FSC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP wirelessly my to Can't laptop connect Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media Disconnected Description VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - - B- - - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Atheros AR G Wireless Network Adapter Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Phsyical Address -C -A -CD- -AE IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained June Lease Expires June C Documents and Settings Owner gt nbsp

A:Can't connect wirelessly to my laptop

Let's also see the ipconfig /all for the working computer, please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-wirelessly-to-my-laptop.931695/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi i have windows vista on my HP laptop. I am having a problem connecting to the internet wirelessly. it always says limited activity and unidentyfied network. Can anyone help me fix this please?

A:Cant connect wirelessly from my laptop

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Does any other computer connect to the router?

Or is it just this one?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/cant-connect-wirelessly-from-my-laptop-695734.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi, my wireless laptop wont connect to the internet wirelessly, and it used to before, i have to put the earthnet cable in order to connect, my other laptop connects wirelessly through my network, but i cant get this one to connect . I click on the lcon put the password and i get a message that it can not connect, Tried troubleshooting and get network adapter and access point

Relevancy 71.38%

I have a compaq Presario CQ 60 windows vista 32 bit. I cannot connect to my centurytel westell 7500. I was able to connect to the westell versalink 327W but when I upgraded to the 7500 I havnt been able to connect wirelessly. I can with the Ethernet but not wirelessly. My wifi network adapter is a atheros AR5007 802.11b/g. Can you help me please?

A:Cannot connect my laptop wirelessly

I did (quite a few) search(es) for your Westell 7500 router and have yet to be able to find a manual that has any reference to Wireless in it. That prompted me to also search for your previous VersaLink 327W router and I easily located the wireless section. Unless I'm missing something, it appears as though your new router isn't wireless capable.

When you search for wireless connections, do you find anything, or is there no mention (at all) of the 7500? If it's "no mention", then I'd venture to say it doesn't have wireless. Otherwise, please let me know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-my-laptop-wirelessly.1015494/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi I m having a big problem with my connectivity I can connect to the internet a BT Home Hub router using my ethernet cable but not using wireless My computer is searching and finding wireless networks but when I try to connect to my router it says limited access connectivity I haven t used my computer in quite a long time months as it stopped working and is miraculously working again now huzzah but the wireless does not when it was perfect previously I have run IPCONFIG ALL and the details are below This is done with the ethernet cable attached Please help I m totally stuck in what to do next ---------------- Windows wirelessly connect - able G60 laptop to HP not IP Configuration Host Name Primary Dns Suffix Node Type HP G60 laptop - not able to connect wirelessly Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - F- - - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d ddca cb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November Lease Expires November Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -DB- C- - - B- - B-E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - B- - B-E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f c ce a a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -DB- C- - - B- - B-E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled -------------------- Computer Info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL- x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce M G Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Wistron C Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:HP G60 laptop - not able to connect wirelessly

The following was put together mostly by etaf with a little help from me.

Atheros AR5007EG & AR5007
We have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters for about a year, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and windows Vista.

The adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
--- Please post back here if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver." That apparently has worked for some posters.

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section, as some manufactures, appear to now have a working driver available.
Toshiba - update has worked for some PCs
HP The latest HP Atheros driver dated Sept 2010 has fixed the issue - so check the driver date, However, that does NOT apply to all HPs / Compaqs machines
- the poster did an online scan for driver updates on the HP website here HP Product Detection which resulted in a solution. Solved: Can't connect to internet wirelessly - Atheros AR5007 Wifi through Clear Comm - Tech Support Guy Forums

If you can post the Make and EXACT model of your PC here, along with the windows version you have and we will see if we can find the driver and will post a link as a reply here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) A few posters here with the same issue have found that the driver from this site ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows resolved the issue
Threads are here
Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!) - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: NetGear WNDR3700 Incompatibilty W/ Atheros AR5700 - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Local connection only when connected to secured wirless - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Unidentified Network - Tech Support Guy Forums
Unidentified Network
I do NOT know anything about the site mentioned ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows

However, if you do decide to try the driver, Please let us know the outcome

Direct link to the drivers are below
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " click to download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

AR5007
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista
Although this driver has shown up in BSODs (Blue Screen Of Death) on Vista SP2 systems, usually conflicting with updated Vista OS drivers like netio.sys, tcpip.sys and other networking related drivers.

AR5007EG
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista
Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

You might also bug your laptop's tech support about the problem--maybe people can put pressure on Atheros to find a fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-g60-laptop-not-able-to-connect-wirelessly.1027869/
Relevancy 70.52%

conectting with the cable wd my passport 2 tb to the laptop is ok , but can't use wifi ( wireless) ...why?connecting to phone is ok.please reply me.thanksmessage edited by abolay

A:Can't connect laptop to my wd mypassport 2TB wirelessly

Read the user manual. It's here:http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/libra...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/cant-connect-laptop-to-my-wd-mypassport-2tb-wirelessly/19321.html
Relevancy 70.52%

My laptop can connect via Ethernet to the router. My dad's laptop can connect wirelessly. When i'm about a foot away from the router I get a very weak signal but cannot connect and I cannot see any other networks.
I have tried windows update.
I have tried using device manager to update the driver and uninstalling /reinstalling
I have tried downloading the drivers directly from realtek.
I have tried using intel WiFi Technology

I have a Windows 7 laptop built by PC Specialist
My Wireless in device manger is shown as
realtek rtl8188ce wireless lan 802.11n combo pci-e nic

Relevancy 70.52%

Here is whats up I have a DLink WBR- Recently my Toshiba Satellite A - laptop lost all connection through its internal wireless card However it can see the network it tries to connect but eventually it goes into quot Limited or no connectivity quot I have tried many things to get it to work If I manually input the IP and DNS it shows connection but the wirelessly any Laptop other or won't way... connect in Solved: internet still doesn t get through Otherwise in auto it doesn t get anywhere Ethernet is the same deal Even throught my cell phone it does the same thing At one point Solved: Laptop won't connect wirelessly or in any other way... I did a ipconfig release- renew When I did that it comes up saying that it cannot connect to the DHCP server I m not sure what else to do but it seems like the problems lies in the laptop Here are the specifics for my setup Cable modem from Charter-DLink WBR- - ethernet wired desktop currently connected and working perfectly through the router and then the wireless laptop Here is the ipconfig all data for the laptop Host Name cory Primary DNS Suffiz Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR G Wireless Network Solved: Laptop won't connect wirelessly or in any other way... Adapter Physical Address - -E - F-D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Solved: Laptop won't connect wirelessly or in any other way... Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway That is all the data from the current Limited or no connectivity connection Right now DHCP is enabled on the router and MAC address filtering is off Hopefully someone has an idea about this problem Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Laptop won't connect wirelessly or in any other way...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-wont-connect-wirelessly-or-in-any-other-way.640291/
Relevancy 70.52%

For the last week our Virgin Broadband was taken down today however it has been fixed cannot? connect can desktop wirelessly, Laptop and my laptop can connect to the internet as usual without making any changes The desktop which worked fine before cannot now connect wirelessly It can see the router but only has a local connection i e Laptop can connect wirelessly, desktop cannot? it can connect to the router but cannot receive internet I have tried Deleting wireless network from manage wireless connections and then letting my wireless Belkin USB dongle find the network enter passcode and then connect This did not work I have tried uninstalling the adapter restarting and then reinstalling the adapter This did not work I have tried restarting the WLAN autoconfig service This did not work I have checked that the adapter is configured for find IP address automatically THis Laptop can connect wirelessly, desktop cannot? did not work Restarting the computer and router This did not work Any help would be massively appreciated I have not had internet on the desktop for week and half Any settings you need me to tell you just ask P S Network and Sharing centrre has a cross between my router and the internet in the full map Clicking on the cross says that it is a DNS issue but I do not have this issue with the laptop obviously nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

I have a toshiba satellite pro L - P with Windows Vista My laptop won t connect wirelessly to my Laptop connect won't Solved: wirelessly. sky router Everytime I take the ethernet cable out the internet doesn t work yet it still says that its connected Firstly I thought it was a problem with the router I have rang up the sky help line twice and have been on the phone to them for more than two hours trying to fix it The last time I called they said they had tried everything they could think of but it simply wouldn t connect They then said it might be a problem with my laptop I have had Solved: Laptop won't connect wirelessly. no trouble connecting to wireless networks before and my housemate can connect to Solved: Laptop won't connect wirelessly. the router I am trying to use so there is nothing wrong with it I have tried the following things Resetting the router Diagnosing and repair Deleting the network and installing it again System restore Changing the connection channels I know a fair but about computers but don t know enough to go into the advanced settings and start changing Solved: Laptop won't connect wirelessly. things as I don t want to make it worse But I have been having this problem since December so I would really appreciate any help as I don t really want to buy a new laptop nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

Hi guys, I'm a total idiot when it comes to computers so please feel free to make fun :

I just got a TL- WR740N router and somehow managed to configure it using my girlfriends Acer Aspire One Happy netbook.
The internet works fine when the netbook is connected to the router via cable but it can't connect wirelessly to the network I have created. At first some massege appeared saying that there are 2 identical IP's and there is a conflict or something like that. Now it just stops trying to connect to the network. I can connect with my own laptop tho.

A:Cannot wirelessly connect with laptop to the router I have just set up

can we see an ipconfig /all from the working wireless connected laptop and then one from the non working laptop
ipconfig /all

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
all the text will now be highlighted
Next

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-wirelessly-connect-with-laptop-to-the-router-i-have-just-set-up.1097687/
Relevancy 70.52%

Everything worked great until my house lost power a few days ago. Ever since the power came back on, I can only connect to my private internet network if I use a wired connection to the router.

The strange thing is, I can connect to my neighbors unsecured network wirelessly, but my home network doesn't even come up on the list of networks!

I've reset the router and modem a number of times, but no dice. I have a Linksys WRT160. I'd appeciate your help!

A:Laptop cannot connect to router wirelessly

Usually, a removal and reinstall of the router software or the wireless unit or both, takes care of the problem. Be sure to check firmware as well as software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-cannot-connect-to-router-wirelessly.141911/
Relevancy 70.52%

My new Dell computer that I bought back in july is not working wirelessly now It was working until I tried to setup my new printer wirelessly Problems ever since My laptop is a Dell studio Intel Core i CPU M Ghz Memory GP -bit Operating System Netgear N Wireless Router b g n Ghz wireless adapter Windows Operating System When I open Network Connections it shows my wireless network connection attempting to authenticate but it never does Yesterday I started all over with turning off cable modem router unplugging ethernet cable and followed directions to the letter but still no connection I was able to connect to my neighbors router There on an unsecure network Here Solved: Laptop connect won't wirelessly! is my ipconfig txt Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users keith gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name keithshome Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - -EB-E -FD DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - -EB-E -FD Solved: Laptop won't connect wirelessly! DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Solved: Laptop won't connect wirelessly! Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N AGN Physical Address - - -EB-E Solved: Laptop won't connect wirelessly! -FC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - -B -EB- -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C-F E- B- -CF FEE C CF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E C C -FE F- -A -E B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FBFE -CCD - E- CE - AE F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users keith gt nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

okay, i have an advent AL - 096 and my router is an Echolife HG520s. my laptop will connect via ethernet but when i disconnect the ethernet cable my laptop cannot even find any wireless networks :S the wireless is enabled on my laptop by a wireless button which is always showing a green light. i also have a computer which is connected wirelessly to the same router and it connects without a problem so i am thinking it is something to do with my laptop? the laptop used to connect wirelessly before but after a factory reset it will not. please help

Relevancy 70.52%

I ve been having issues with my Windows laptop s wi-fi for a while now It used to work perfectly fine and then started acting Laptop *most* routers won't to wirelessly connect up Basically I could see all the available access points but was not able to connect to any of them home Laptop won't connect wirelessly to *most* routers routers iphone hotspot etc I was only able to connect via ethernet I recently moved into a new house for uni and got Virgin wi-fi installed and suddenly my laptop could connect wirelessly Laptop won't connect wirelessly to *most* routers no problem I assumed the problem had somehow been Laptop won't connect wirelessly to *most* routers fixed but I recently took my laptop into uni and wasn t able to connect there and was still unable to connect to my phone s hotspot I m thinking that my laptop is able to connect to Ghz frequencies but not Ghz Does anyone know why this might be and how to fix it Solutions I ve tried Updated network drivers Replaced the wireless adapter itself Re-installed Windows completely Fully updated Windows nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

OK, so basically I have no idea what I am doing. My desktop (that I am currently on) connects fine to the router but I can't get my laptop to wirelessly connect to the router.. it finds it and sometimes it says that it is connected but the connection is broken and can't be repaired. The wireless on the laptop itself says it is also loggen in. I really don't know what to do..

Laptop is an Acer Aspire One Windows XP model number ZG5
Router is Linksis by Cisco model number WRT120N

It is Encrypted WPA2
I do have firewalls

I am just really confused..
It did connect for like 10 seconds and then nothing.

I don't know what else to put..
Sorry if this isn't enough info.

A:Laptop does not connect to router wirelessly.

Did this PC ever connect to your wireless?

Can you connect with encryption disabled? Do you have the latest driver for your wireless adapter (from Acer's web site if an integrated adapter)? Does the adapter support WPA2?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-does-not-connect-to-router-wirelessly.1013066/
Relevancy 70.52%

My 6 month old i7 Samsung laptop with windows 7 has suddenly stopped connecting wirelessly to my router (HG 520b Echolife). I have done numerous checks with my IP address within the basic function and everything appears fine. WLAN settings all fine.My laptop will connect fine direct to the ethernet connection in the back of the router and works fine from there. When I disconnect and try wirelessly, it indicates a strong signal on my network but when I try to connect (with the correct security code etc) it goes it to windows troubleshooter and fails every time. My friends android phone allows my laptop to connect to his wireless network?? and his phone can access my network from the same router. I am totally baffled about this. Can any one help with this?? I forgot to mention it had connected fine for at least 6 months.

A:Laptop suddenly won't connect wirelessly

It sounds you need need to completely remove the wireless driver on your laptop & then reinstall it. Connect your laptop to the net with a cable, download the wireless driver to your desktop, uninstall the wireless driver, reboot and install the wireless driver again and see what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-suddenly-wont-connect-wirelessly.182199/
Relevancy 70.52%

My E Machines E732 laptop which was recently upgraded to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) and has now had the Anniversary update applied. has suddenly ceased to be connectable wirelessly to the internet. I am using a BT Hub 5 and there is no fault with it as it connects wirelessly to several other computers in the house. I can connect the E Machines using an ethernet cable, and this works well, but any attempt to reconnect wirelessly fails. Could this be a result of the latest Windows update or is there some other fault such as a Registry flaw. I have tried renewing the network settings but no joy. Has anyone got any suggestions?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/65458-cannot-connect-wirelessly-internet.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi I cannot connect wirelessly from my Dell Notebook I encountered this problem after a power outage Yet I have internet access on our Home PC I have a Linksys wireless router WRT N Among the error messages that I have are quot The windows wireless service is not running on this computer quot quot Computer is not connected to the internet quot Windows cannot find any network quot quot Reinstall network adapter Everytime I turn on my notebook a pop-up comes up that states quot Your wi-fi catcher band configuration is not compatible with your WLAN card band configuration Select yes to automatically change your WIFI catcher band configuration or no to keep your current band configuration quot It does not matter whether I select yes or no I still do not get internet connection Also when Cannot to internet wirelessly connect the I checked the IP address Cannot connect to the internet wirelessly I cannot find any IP address and the media state is disconnected I Cannot connect to the internet wirelessly am not computer tech savvy so I need all the help I can get Please help

A:Cannot connect to the internet wirelessly

Hi,

You could try reinstalling the network adapter on your laptop to see if this makes any difference. To do this open the Device Management console by right-clicking 'My Computer' (or 'Computer' under Vista or 7) and selecting 'Manage'. Choose 'Device Manager' on the left-hand side and then look for the category 'Network adapters' on the right. You should find your adapter with the word 'wireless' somewhere in its name, and if there is a problem that Windows detects there should also be a yellow exclamation mark in its icon. Right-click the entry for your adapter and select 'Uninstall', then you can do one of two things: you can either click the button at the top entitled 'Scan for hardware changes', or restart your laptop. Either way Windows should try to reinstall the driver for the adapter, then fingers crossed it should work again.

Failing the above the wireless network adapter may or may not have become damaged as a result of said power outage. Was the laptop plugged in at the mains, and if so was the socket surge protected?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jon.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-connect-to-the-internet-wirelessly-460163.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi, I'm using HP Pavilion dv6000 Entertainment PC (Laptop) with Windows Vista O/S. Recently my Ethernet connction in the PC damaged due to a lightning (device manager in the pc says Netwaork card is working properly and request to plug-in the Ethernet cable. But it doesn't work). So I decided to use a wireless router (ADSL) to connect to the Internet.

My PC says it has connected to a wireless nwetwork, but cannot establish a link with the Internet. I'm using a U.S.Robotics (Model 9108 A) wireless G router. I've got it correctly configured using another desktop PC of one of my friends and Internet can be accessed without ant problem through the Ethernet port on that PC.

The only option left with me to use wireless facility on the said router, as the only Ethernet Port is damaged in my laptop. Need your help on this.

Thank you,

Tharu

A:Cannot connect to Internet wirelessly

its possible the wireless has also been damaged

post an ipconfig /all also device manager see below fo rhow

it may be secruity - take of the wireless secruity , cordless phones can stop this working correctly on certain channels

-----------------
Ipconfig on Vista
Vista does not handle permissions the same as XP.
Locate the command prompt short cut in your start menu. Right click it, choose run as administrator, then try the ipconfig.

If you want to always have the command prompt run with elevation
Right-click the command prompt icon, choose Properties
Select the Shortcut tab
Click on Advanced
Check Run as administrator

ipconfig /all

TWO Methods to do that - some people have problems with ONE----

ONE ---------------------------------
start
run
cmd
ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

TWO -----------------------------------------------

Start, Run, CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Device manager
start>
control panel>
system>
hardware tab>
device manager button>

network adapters
click on the + sign

post backs whats there

also any ! X or ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-internet-wirelessly.721609/
Relevancy 70.52%

I am unable to connect via DLink router to the internet on my HP G61 Laptop (windows 7). When I try to connect with it, it says "windows was unable to connect to ******* ". When I troubleshoot the problem it says "troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem" . The network name is right there with a strong signal (obviously as it works fine on my other laptop which has windows vista), but it will just not connect. The only thing that I have done since I bought the router is to reset it, because my original set-up was unsecured and I had lost my password - I also renamed it. When I check my internet connection via the ethernet cable it gives a different network name (the original one before I reset it). Can you help me?

A:cannot connect to internet wirelessly

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and then search for the network. You should be prompted for the encryption key.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-internet-wirelessly.890163/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have an old Windows XP. Only the PC closest connected with the Wi-Fi box is working which is how i'm using this computer on the internet right now. None of the wireless devices will connect to the internet. Try and explain a solution like i'm five years old, if possible.

A:My Internet will not connect wirelessly

None of the wireless devices will connect to the internet.Click to expand...

Only the PC closest connected with the Wi-Fi box is working which is how i'm using this computer on the internet right now. Click to expand...

so a PC does connect to the wifi - BUT this is the ONLY PC
is that correct ?

what is the make and model of the wireless router
it maybe a signal strength issue

can you download xirrus onto the PC that is working with wireless and post a screen shot

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx ( the site now appears to require a business email, so try the direct link below)
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres alternative links

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.
Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-internet-will-not-connect-wirelessly.1100409/
Relevancy 70.52%

Installed windows 7 on a laptop and now when visiting a friend, I can't log on to the internet on their router. I have their security key but windows 7 asks for a password and username. There is no username for the router and the password doesn't work. My smartphone connects easily so I know its something in my computer.Debra

A:Can't connect to the internet wirelessly

Did your laptop wifi works on your home?Did you run network troubleshooter?Hardware Technician

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/cant-connect-to-the-internet-wirelessly/18913.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I came home last internet to connect wirelessly Can't night and both my internet name and password were changed I accessed the modem s website and changed both I then hit connect to internet My xbox worked but none of my laptops This morning I reset all the modem and Can't connect wirelessly to internet the laptops All of them connect but the internet is slow and fades in and out My xbox tells my my NAT type is moderate I go back on the modem s website and it says that none of my wireless devices can connect Does this have to do with my port forwarding or do I have to manually allow each device into the network Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users pdinon gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name wi-DH Primary Dns Suffix workinc org Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List workinc org westell com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -D -AD- B- DHCP Enabled Yes Can't connect wirelessly to internet Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controlle r Physical Address - -B - - -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Can't connect wirelessly to internet westell com Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -D -AD- B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ba d e b eb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday March PM Lease Expires Monday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -FB- -AF- - -B - - -C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e fc f fef Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe fc f fef Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DFF - F - - F-F B B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A - C- CE- - AF D E C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap westell com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix westell com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users pdinon gt nbsp

A:Can't connect wirelessly to internet

By the way this all started when my roommate brought home his new laptop which coincidently is the only laptop that can connect successfully to the internet without physically being pluged into the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-wirelessly-to-internet.988298/
Relevancy 70.52%

Am currently using a Linksys model number WRN160N. And i have done the whole iponfig/release and then ipconfig/renew and the Ethernet Adapter local area connection ip address is fine but the Ethernet adapter wireless network connection ip adress comes out as 0.0.0.0 as well as the Subnet Mask and the nothing for the default gateway.
Ps. I haven't been using my wireless router for over a month and now it just doesn't connect. (I am using Windows XP)
If you can tell me how tofix this i'd greatly appreciate it.Thanks

A:Can't connect to the internet wirelessly

Please do not double-post. Please read the rules, especially the section entitled "Multiple Postings".

http://forums.techguy.org/networking/850499-my-computer-isnt-connecting-wirelessly.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-the-internet-wirelessly.850501/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello guys,
Someone please tell me how I can connect a PC to the internet wirelessly.(Imagine there's no WiFi capability for a PC). I heard that it's possible by using a wireless LAN card or something. If it connects, what is the range and speed and other stuff...??

A:How to connect a PC wirelessly to the internet?

What are you connecting to? Do you have a wireless router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-a-pc-wirelessly-to-the-internet.582209/
Relevancy 70.52%

We traded in our old modem for a new one the other day and I am having trouble connecting to it wirelessly It is in our office the connect to wirelessly Internet I can't which is part of our house and hooked up to one desktop computer with an Ethernet cord From that office anyone with the passphrase and a laptop can connect wirelessly It is protected with I can't connect to the Internet wirelessly a WEP key I have another desktop computer that is located in my bedroom and I use a wireless USB adapter Wireless-G Network Adapter WUSB GSC The computer can find the signal and connects but I still can t get onto the Internet It doesn t work unless it s directly hooked up to the modem I never had this problem before with our Linksys router and old modem Our new modem is a modem and router in one by the way and is made by Thomson out of computers work through a wireless connection and through a LAN connection So far I have tried -Restarting the computer and modem and router -The quot repair quot option on the wireless connections in Network Connections -I changed my IP address to static etc etc All that did was get rid of the quot limited or no connectivity quot thing but I still don t have internet All of the computers laptops and desktop are able to connect wirelessly and through the Ethernet cord with the exception of my desktop We get our DSL through Telmex as we are in Mexico It seems all the equipment works as I am the only one having problems My computer is a Windows XP Home Edition Could there be something in my settings that isn t compatible with the new system nbsp

A:I can't connect to the Internet wirelessly

Sounds like you have a problem with either the wireless drivers or perhaps you just need to remove all the wireless profiles and reenter your encryption key.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cant-connect-to-the-internet-wirelessly.855694/
Relevancy 70.52%

I can't connect my Sony Vaio VGN-S660 laptop to the internet wirelessly.

The router is a Netgear WGR614v6.

It can connect to the internet through the router if I used the cable.

I have tried the "Repair" thing by right clicking the router on the list, also, Winsock fix didn't work for me.

Unplugging both the router and modem then replugging them didn't work.

Weird thing is the laptop connects fine through other peoples' routers.

Another note is that some of the other systems such as my PS3 and Wii can't connect to the router wirelessly.

The router is within 30 feet of all the systems and has all bars green for signal strength but no internet.

The router has WPA security.

The router is about 4 years old.

Relevancy 69.66%

I can connect through the cord but HP Laptop HELP (local Solved: can't connect wirelessly only) PLEASE when i try to connect to my wireless connection i get a DNS problem I have made sure my tcp ip were set automatically please help Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name hp Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix NetScreen-NS GT Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - D- - E-EF- DHCP Solved: HP Laptop can't connect wirelessly (local only) HELP PLEASE Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR a g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - D-A -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a c b b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Solved: HP Laptop can't connect wirelessly (local only) HELP PLEASE Mask Lease Obtained Saturday October PM Lease Expires Sunday November PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -E - - - - - D-A -B - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Solved: HP Laptop can't connect wirelessly (local only) HELP PLEASE Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D A-AEB - A- -EC FCF br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap NetScreen-NS GT Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt nbsp

A:Solved: HP Laptop can't connect wirelessly (local only) HELP PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-laptop-cant-connect-wirelessly-local-only-help-please.873362/
Relevancy 69.66%

Heres my problem I have an HP laptop that can connect to my router fine via an ethernet cable but for some reason it cannot router Solved: cannot to Laptop wirelessly connect find any wireless networks even when I am right next to my router Comp specs HP Vista Gb ram Gb HD x Gh This problem only started about a few days ago I was able to connect to my router wirelessly before but now I can t I don t remember if i tweaked anything on my computer so I have no idea what the problem is I have another laptop that doesn t have a built in wireless adapter but i have an ActionTec USB adapter that connects the my router fine my router is ActionTec RI WR and i have a WEP encryption I have tried different settings inside the router like broadcasting not broadcasting the SSID They router IP is default and gateway is I m sure that my router Solved: Laptop cannot connect to router wirelessly is not broken since i can connect to it wirelessly with the other adapter Therefore the problem is either the hardware on my HP laptop s wireless adapter or something that I did not set up right I would really appreciated if somebody could help me fix this problem nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

hi. i'm not very good with computers and need some help. i currently have a modem/router that is connected to my computer via ethernet cable(i think) and another cable goes from the modem/router to the home phone and then from the home phone to the wall. i'm gonna buy a mac book pro soon and was wondering if i can connect it to the modem/router wirelessly?? i might get an imac instead so if i chose the imac can i connect it to the internet wirelessly? i can connect my ps3 and phone to the internet but don't know about laptops/desktops.
please help

A:how to connect laptop to modem/router wirelessly?

if the laptop/desktop have a wirless adapter - which most have now - then you connect to your router the same way you connect you ps3 and phone to the wireless network

http://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201505
http://smallbusiness.chron.com/connect-macbook-wifi-signal-32479.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-laptop-to-modem-router-wirelessly.1140412/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi I have a problem with getting a new laptop connected wirelessly to my Orange Livebox I already have an Acer Aspire I forget the model with Vista installed and this connects wirelessly with no problems but trying to connect the new machine an Acer Aspire with Windows installed is proving a problem I have tried connecting to the Livebox with an ethernet cable and this works fine I have also tried connecting to an unsecured network that the laptop picks up and this also works fine so I assume there Livebox to Cannot laptop Orange connect wirelessly isn t a problem with the drivers etc However when I connect to the Livebox wirelssly it prompts me for the security key Cannot connect laptop wirelessly to Orange Livebox which it appears to accept but then will not connect An error message suggesting that there is a problem with the wireless adapter comes Cannot connect laptop wirelessly to Orange Livebox up Is this likely to be the case Or is it more to do with Windows not being compatible with the Livebox Or because only one machine can connect to the Livebox wirelessly I haven t spoken to Orange yet as I thought I d rule out other possibilities first Any help appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

I have a friend that has a Dell Inspiron laptop that will not connect wirelessly.  I have used an ethernet cable and it connects and works properly.

When I run a check it says that the wireless is not turned on.  After doing some reading on Google I have found that you can press F2 and FN at the same time to turn on wireless.  I've tried that and it doesn't seem to work.

I've checked the router and the wireless is on.  The inernet also shows that it is connected.

I don't see a slider on the side of the case to turn on the wireless (I have a Dell XPS that uses a slider) 

I would sure appreciate any and all other ideas on what I can try.  This Dell Inspiron is running Windows 7.  It has 4 gigs of RAM and a 500 gig hard drive.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Steve Bell

A:Dell Inspiron Laptop won't connect wirelessly

Hi,
Have you gone to the Dell support site and confirmed that you have the latest, correct, drivers for the NIC to operate wirelessly?
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497089/dell-inspiron-laptop-wont-connect-wirelessly/
Relevancy 69.66%

I am working on a Compaq cq50 which I have re-formatted running Vista Home Premium. It connects fine with my LAN, and also connects wireless when I push the wireless switch...however...it won't connect wireless automatically when I boot..I always have to push the button. I don't think that is normal...I went to services and stopped the auto wlan and then deleted the existing profile and then re-established the wlan services and account...same results...Anyone got a clue???Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 69.66%

What are my options for connecting a laptop wirelessly to a workstation that is connected to a wired LAN and has no router? Essentially, I want to add wireless connectivity to the workstation so that the laptop can connect to the wired LAN via the workstation.

A:Connect a laptop wirelessly to a wired LAN with no router

Is there a specific reason why you can't add a wireless AP to your LAN?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/175551-connect-laptop-wirelessly-wired-lan-no-router.html
Relevancy 69.66%

My laptop only connects wirelessly if it's in the same room (actually, at the same desk) as the router. I just installed a new router and that did not solve the problem. I took the laptop to a pc repair shop and it connected wirelessly there withouto a problem; I also took it to Best Buy and was able to connect wirelessly there as well). So, problem solvers figured it was the router (which was quite old). I've now replaced the router but still can't connect wirelessly unless I'm in the same room as the router!

A:Laptop won't connect wirelessly unless it's in the same room as router

In the same room, and again close by but where you have trouble ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show for when you are connected ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-connect-wirelessly-unless-its-in-the-same-room-as-router.1040707/
Relevancy 69.66%

My Dell Inspiron 1545 won't connect to my router without an ethernet cord. i used to have no problem doing it, but now my computer refuses to connect wirelessly. What do I do to fix that problem?

A:My Laptop will no longer connect to my router WIRELESSly

Welcome to TSG:
You have not given us much to go on here,so let's start with some info:
Let's see this:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

Let's make sure that all necessary tasks are running:

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:
• COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
• Computer Browser (computer browser will start when needed)
• DHCP Client
• DNS Client
• Network Connections
• Network Location Awareness
• Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
• Server
• TCP/IP Netbios helper
• Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
• WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
• Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic
If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-will-no-longer-connect-to-my-router-wirelessly.977937/
Relevancy 69.66%

VISTA HOME BASIC has the capability exchange files (like eg .jpg or .tiff) wirelessly(WLAN b/g) via wireless router/dsl modem between two PCs or network ?
what about share a printer when this printer is installed on "router" PC or not (wirelessly) ?

two laptop PCs may connect wirelessly without wireless router ?

A:two laptop PCs may connect wirelessly without wireless router ?

um they should be able to.... i think you have to set up one as a server and connect the other to it

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/234822-two-laptop-pcs-may-connect-wirelessly-without-wireless-router.html
Relevancy 69.66%

i have a windows 7 laptop and all of my computers at home are connected to my dell server which is running windows server 2008 r2 threw wires that go to my router, now i want to add my labtop to my server connecting the labtop wireless to my wireless router and from there adding it to my server. For some reason my labtop do-sent connect to my server and i cannot figure out why , can someone help me figure this out?

A:how do i connect my windows 7 laptop wirelessly to my server

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Are you able to access the internet on a wireless connection? Can you ping the Server's IP address?
Do you need to access your Server's files?

Quote:
how do i connect my windows 7 laptop wirelessly to my server

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263041-how-do-i-connect-my-windows-7-laptop-wirelessly-my-server.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I just purchased an Acer notebook with Windows 7. I am unable to connect to the internet wirelessly, but can if use an ethernet cable. I spent hours on the phone with Comcast Cable, but they say it is not their problem, since I can connect via hard-wire.

I put in my security wep code and it accepts it, but then says unable to connect. Then the computer will show that I am connected to Comcast, but with limited or no connectivity.

Do you think there is a problem with the wireless router in my computer? Should I try downloading the wireless LAN driver from Acer? I am not very computer literate, and a part of me just wants to return this to the store and get a different manufacturer's computer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

A:Cannot connect to internet wirelessly w/ Windows7

Its more than likely a configuration issue with your wireless modem. Comcast should have walked you thru a basic setup.

Try this page, you may need to complete: Configuring the Access Control List
Welcome to Comcast customerCentral!

Hopefully another comcast member can post some other tips and info. I have a different ISP and tried to get the info from Comcast's site.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/38821-cannot-connect-internet-wirelessly-w-windows7.html
Relevancy 69.66%

TL DR -I was using wireless fine a couple hours ago -Decided to mess with proxy settings with chrome -Downloaded quot proxyswitchy quot chrome extension -Obtained an IP and port from hidemyass com -Tried to connect to internet got message quot unable to connect to proxy server quot -Decided this proxy stuff isn t worth it deleted the proxy extension -Reset router -Now wireless isn t working on ANY laptop- it shows a connection available but cannot connect to it however wired wirelessly Unable to to connect internet connection works and is how I m on here right now Any advice Thanks Is this as simple as setting up a new wireless connection First attempt at a Unable to connect to internet wirelessly fix -went under quot proxy server quot under quot LAN settings quot in ctrl panel -The box which stated quot use a proxy for LAN quot was checked and the address and port I obtained from hidemyass were underneath -I unchecked the box applied the new settings and reset my router -Still doesn t connect wirelessly nbsp

A:Unable to connect to internet wirelessly

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Jamiel-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 74-F0-6D-3F-35-01
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-21-CC-48-81-89
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::ed9d:ab98:4cad:56a4%10(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.158(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, November 24, 2012 4:19:03 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, December 01, 2012 5:14:09 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 234889676
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-13-A6-6F-7F-00-21-CC-48-81-89

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{E64FD111-2398-4AD0-8C59-A38E88746F30}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{E11FEA0B-F5C3-48E0-979E-35AEC4518C22}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:6ab8:28ce:1daf:3f57:ff61(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::28ce:1daf:3f57:ff61%13(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-internet-wirelessly.1078107/
Relevancy 69.66%

So i have 2 Vista laptops that can't connect to the internet, but can receive IPs from my router. I have another XP machine that can connect wirelessly through the same router.

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi, I can connect to my network wirelessly but I can not browse the internet.

Model of the HP machine:HP G60-121WM Notebook PC
Where you running windows Vista:Windows Vista 32-bit
The adapter was it a AR5007 or AR5007EG:AR5007

In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and update driver. I have tried this already and it says that my drivers are up to date.

I have taken the security of my modem and tried again and it still did not work.

I went to the my manufacturer's web site support section and I could not find the driver software for my wireless adapter.

It will connect fine and browse the internet with an ethernet cord though. Any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 69.66%

My new compaq mini 100c 1110SA won't connect to the internet via the wireless network
I can get on using the ethernet cable. It's using Windows XP
Status says that packets are being sent but not received
Windows diagnostic says: Wireless network key does not match the key settings on the router
Router is a Belkin 54G
Tried it on my firends BT hub but get same result.
Took it back to Carphone Warehouse and they manged to get onto their wireless network. Talking to the assistant today he did say that they had another customer who was having problems getting onto her virgin network.
Sounds to me that I may have to alter a security setting on the router to enable packets to be received but my knowledge of routers is limited

A:Netbook won't connect to internet wirelessly

Forget about fixing the router. If other machine connect to your router, just remove ALL the stored wireless network profiles from this machine and then search for the network. Enter the CORRECT encryption key and you should connect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netbook-wont-connect-to-internet-wirelessly.892454/
Relevancy 69.66%

Im new to this forum so hi to everyone I searched the networking forum and cannot find anything or dont know exactly what to search for to get an answer heres the deal hardware Dell dimension belkin wireless g g card netgear router newest drivers on card problem roommate reformatted his computer and loaded all the drivers and cds to reformat cannot internet wirelessly connect after that came with it and drivers for belkin card computer recognizes the card in hardware cannot connect to internet wirelessly after reformat manager and after I enter the wep key it connects to the network with an quot excellent quot connection but it will not connect to the internet when i go into system tray and right click on the connection and go to quot show all networks quot it brings up a gray box with the only button im able to press is cancel and no networks are shown The wierd thing is that his internet worked this morning before the format no changes have been made to the network the other two computers in the house are still connected one wired and one wireless have tried powering down both router and modem and it has not helped any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi, I can connect to my network wirelessly but I can not browse the internet.

Model of the HP machine:HP G60-121WM Notebook PC
Where you running windows Vista:Windows Vista 32-bit
The adapter was it a AR5007 or AR5007EG:AR5007

In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and update driver. I have tried this already and it says that my drivers are up to date.

I have taken the security of my modem and tried again and it still did not work.

I went to the my manufacturer's web site support section and I could not find the driver software for my wireless adapter.

It will connect fine and browse the internet with an ethernet cord though. Any help would be appreciated

A:Can connect wirelessly but can't browse internet

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3805777 there are your drivers try them

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-wirelessly-but-cant-browse-internet.1083062/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi all,

I got a problem with my newly installed win 7 64 bit.

When I tried to connect it wirelessly to the internet (using the wireless USB adapter --> Zonet ZEW2546), it cannot detect any single network available, even though the router is just one floor below the PC.

But, when I tried to plug the USB adapter to the other PC, which runs on Win XP, on the same floor as mine, the adapter works perfectly, and I could surf the web from the Win XP.

What do you think the problem is? Hardware or driver?

Btw, I have specifically looked for the newest driver for the USB adapter (which also supports win 7 64-bit) and installed it to the new system, but still to of no avail.

A:Cannot connect wirelessly to internet by USB adapter

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Have you tried running the dongle with no drivers?

The Windows driver should kick in.

See how that goes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/46480-cannot-connect-wirelessly-internet-usb-adapter.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,
We have just bought a Toshiba L300D-10Q and a Belkin G+router. We can connect to the internet when the wire is plugged into the lap top and the router but the computer will not detect the router wirelessly. Please help.

A:unable to connect to internet wirelessly

Hi. . .

Do you receive "local connectivity" via wireless at all?

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-connect-to-internet-wirelessly-272400.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a Dell Latitude D Laptop computer The hard drive crashed and we had to replace it Reinstalled Windows XP Pro using a recovery disk Now I cannot connect wirelessly to the internet In Device Manager under Network Adapters it lists the Broadcom x Gigabit Integrated Controller I can connect to the internet if I run a wire from the computer to my router but cannot connect wirelessly although I could before the hard drive crashed In Device Manager there is a yellow question mark for Other Devices and it lists two items both with wirelessly Cannot connect internet to Solved: their own yellow question marks One is titled just Network Controller and the other is PCI Modem Is this what keeps me from connecting wirelessly And if so how do I get it fixed The only description it give me is Network Controller I don t know what kind and don t have a driver for this controller How can I identify Solved: Cannot connect to internet wirelessly it and get a driver for it nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi I have been having a nightmare connecting a netbook to the internet through a D-link wireless router We recently moved house and have taken out connect to wirelessly Solved: Cant internet a new ISP Solved: Cant connect to internet wirelessly contract prior to moving we were with the same ISP using the same make router all with no problems My Samsung netbook connects to the router and the internet no problem but my partners Acer is having none of it She can connect to the network but not get on the internet It does get onto internet using Ethernet cable I have been spending the last days going through this forum and pulling out what little hair I have to try and sort this before posting all to no avail When I connect the Acer to the wireless network initially I get the quot Limited or No Conectivity quot message then changes to showing excellent connection It will not connect to the internet The Acer is shown in the router settings as a connected device See below Attached Devices IP Address Device Name MAC Address Lindsays-Acer d your- e a b d ----- bf ROUTER STATUS Firmware Version SKY ADSL Port MAC Address F D F CB EA IP Address Network Type PPPoA IP Subnet Mask Gateway IP Address Domain Name Server LAN Port MAC Address F D F CB E IP Address DHCP On IP Subnet Mask Modem ADSL Firmware Version A pD i d k Modem Status ADSL Link Up DownStream Connection Speed UpStream Connection Speed VPI VCI Wireless Port Name SSID Our-Sky Region Europe Channel CH Wireless AP Enabled Broadcast Name Enabled What I have tried several times in order to get this connected Reset router to default settings Remove and re-install wireless network card through Device Manager Check for updated drivers for network card Run Windows Update Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults netsh winsock reset catalog Reset TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ip reset reset log Checked and compared IP addresses between the machines see below Run Ping tests both machines to compare see below IPConfig My Samsung working ok Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings cpw gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name your- e a Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Home Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - -D - -D Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - B- - -D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday October AM Lease Expires Monday October AM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver Physical Address - - -D - B-DE C Documents and Settings cpw gt Acer will not connect to internet via wireless LAN Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Lindsay gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Lindsays-Acer Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Home Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - E- -DE-A -AB Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - D- - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October C Documents and Settings Lindsay gt Ping Tests Samsung Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings cpw gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes tim... Read more

Relevancy 68.8%

I'm sure this question has been answered before here but I couldn't find the answer in the forums, so I'll keep it as brief as possible.

Laptop -> (wireless) -> wireless router -> (lan cable) -> printer. I can't even ping the printer from the laptop. Get "Destination Host Unreachable" error and can't figure out why? The printer is accessible (via it's internet explorer setup screen) from a desktop connected to the same router via lan cable.

I suspect the problem may be the printer settings (either the gateway which is 0.0.0.0 or DNS server which is 192.168.x.x). Printer is set for AutoIP, DHCP off. Or maybe it's because the laptop IP is 172.16.x.x and printer IP is 169.254.x.x.

I don't know, I'm at a loss after many moons of internet searching.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

A:Solved: How connect laptop wirelessly to networked printer

make and model of the printer and router

you have a wireless Laptop connected to a router
you have a cabled desktop connected to the same router
and a printer cabled to the router

correct

post an ipconfig /all from a working PC
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
all the text will be highlighted
Next
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-connect-laptop-wirelessly-to-networked-printer.1033975/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

I have a Samsung R60plus Laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium which used to connect wirelessly to the internet with no problems at all using an old netgear router.
I have since updated my router to a brand new Huawei HG533 Router. All my other PC's and tablets connect wirelessly to this new router no problems at all but i am unable to get this Samsung laptop to connect to the internet at all.

I have tried just about everything and have searched the internet high and low for a solution, can you help me please ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/381749-unable-get-my-samsung-r60plus-laptop-connect-wirelessly-i.html
Relevancy 68.8%

This is pretty much a noob question but I needed the answer fairly quickly.

I'm looking to connect 3 laptop wirelessly, one using Win7, one vista, one XP (I think they should all be compatible). I'm looking to play some games with the other 2 people and since WE WILL BE IN THE SAME ROOM, so no need for internet etc.

I just want to know how to do this without a router. I think this is call an ad hoc wireless network.

Please help guys.

EDIT: I see that you go to "Network and sharing center"
Then click "Set up a new network or connection"
Then a window pops up and you go down the list to select "Set up a wireless ad hoc (copmputer-to-computer) network"
And then just follow the thing through.

So will XP have the same procedure?

A:[URGENT] Connect 3 laptop wirelessly to play LAN games

if you want ad-hoc, in XP i don't know where is it.. But if you got a wireless router, just use that... then u can solve all the trouble for ad-hoc from XP.

Since its a ad-hoc network, just let the Windows 7 computer to be the 'HOST' for 'ad-hoc' then all of you just connect to the Windows 7 ad-hoc network.... (windows zero config...>Connect the ad-hoc network...) (May not work coz i never tried it)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/13917-urgent-connect-3-laptop-wirelessly-play-lan-games.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey guys,

I've been doing a lot of research, HP has a one for all connection deal but its 100$ and I am looking to go a lot cheaper than that if poss. My printer is a HP Officejet 5610v that connects via USB and I'm running Vista on my Dell 1721 laptop.

Hub? Best kind?

Thanks ahead to anyone that answers!

Rose

A:Cheapest route to wirelessly connect to printer from laptop

***********************************************bump*************************************************

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cheapest-route-to-wirelessly-connect-to-printer-from-laptop.103594/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi bought a new Netgear WRN router for my home set up the connection for the wirelessly Wireless my to router wont laptop! connect house through my laptop and was able to connect wirelessly on another laptop and a desktop with a Wireless router wont connect wirelessly to my laptop! USB adapter with no trouble However when i tried to connect to the internet wirelessly on my laptop on which i had set up the connection it could not connect to it When i tried diagnosing the problem it said i needed to reset my router and or access point so thought i had done this and then i tried to connect the routers network name had been changed from what i had named it and the Wireless router wont connect wirelessly to my laptop! passphrase had been changed from what i had registered it to during set-up My next thought was to re-install everything again and once i could not connect wirelessly only with the cable attached to the router Why is this i have another wireless router at my student address that does not need to be connected to a pc to operate though i cant seem to go completely wireless from this router What would you suggest i do to solve the problem i wouldnt say im particularly unknowledgeable with computers having set-up connections before nbsp

A:Wireless router wont connect wirelessly to my laptop!

Just a thought....have you switched on the wireless button on the laptop? I'm only speaking from experience!

I had a similar problem with one of our laptops and after trying everything noticed the wireless on switch....was not on!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-wont-connect-wirelessly-to-my-laptop.788882/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi i've had my laptop for a little over a month now and just now it's decided to stop connecting to the internet It won't recognize anything when I Computer ethernet internet will through not or wirelessly to connect plug in my ethernet cable yet when I plug it into my xbox or desktop they both connect to the internet so it isn't the cable the internet or the router Computer will not connect to internet through ethernet or wirelessly So I figured ok that sucks but if I just connect it wirelessly it should be Computer will not connect to internet through ethernet or wirelessly ok right So i went out and bought a wireless router configured it yet my computer won't detect it the wireless network Not only will it not detect the one I set up I can't get it to see any wireless networks even protected ones like my neighbours I borrowed my dads laptop and it connected to the network withou problem So simply put i'm stumped as I never tried to connect wirelessly before today because I never needed to However I also borrowed his usb rocket stick type thing telus not rodgers though and I can get on the internet using that This is my last resort before I take it into a computer shop who will of course make me pay out of my ass Help mjjfdg

A:Computer will not connect to internet through ethernet or wirelessly

Many laptops have Fn/hotkeys to turn on/off WiFi, Bluetooth, Ethernet... some, if the BIOS has been updated, will even default to leaving these facilities disabled. Failing that the only thing which comes to mind is that you have not got the drivers for these devices installed correctly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/202850-computer-will-not-connect-internet-through-ethernet-wirelessly.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Ok so I have a Dell E laptop running Windows XP I have other Dells running Windows --those connect to my wireless router no problem The E SHOWS that its connected green bars in the icon and that its authenticated but it shows no IP address and there is no connectivity Ethernet to but Can't wirelessly Internet with can Solved: connect either to my home network or to the Internet I swapped out the wireless card with one of the other laptops and it worked fine so there is no problem with the wireless adapter card Its must be something to do with authentication because its letting me quot connect quot in the sense that there are green bars in the status icon but no actual connectivity I ve updated to the latest driver--I tried using both Dell s wireless adapter utility and windows utility and can t connect I ve changed the workgroup to the same one the other computers are on I don t have any filtering in my Linksys Router E its set up with WPA WPA mixed security with password and a b g mixed mode transmit The wireless utility shows the security on the E as WPA-Personal If I plug in an Ethernet cable to the E it Solved: Can't connect to Internet wirelessly but can with Ethernet connects fine to the router--just not wirelessly Any ideas as to why its not getting an IP address from the router nbsp

A:Solved: Can't connect to Internet wirelessly but can with Ethernet

Oh--and I can connect wirelessly by using a static IP address which makes sense because the problem is the router is not assigning a dynamic IP automatically

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-to-internet-wirelessly-but-can-with-ethernet.1134564/
Relevancy 68.8%

I've just purchased a Netgear N150 usb wireless adapter to use with my DGN1000 wireless ADSL2+ modem router,
I can access the router's web-based interface wirelessly and wireless networks are visible from the Control Panels Manage Wireless Networks but I can't connect to the internet even though my wired connection works, I have no SP installed on my x64 bit OS.

My ISP's technical support couldn't help, the problem doesn't appear to be the signal strength or the wireless network mode which I have configured as 802.11g or 802.11b, do I need to tweak my routers wireless settings in some way or this is an OS issue?

A:Can connect wirelessly to Netgear router but not to the Internet

Are you saying you don't have SP2 installed? If not, you should install SP1 and then SP2 before trying to troubleshoot the problem you described.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/300026-can-connect-wirelessly-netgear-router-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a brand new Toshiba laptop. It won't wirelessly connect to the internet with or without router encryption. It connects perfect when using the ethernet connection. Can someone help me with this problem?

A:Vista Local Only / Cannot Connect To Internet Wirelessly

What are the exact symptoms of the failure to connect? Does it see the wireless networks?

Please download Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and post a screen shot of the main screen.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to TSG, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-local-only-cannot-connect-to-internet-wirelessly.878152/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi everybody at the Tech Support Guy Forums!

My name is USSR, and I'm having trouble connecting to the internet.

We have AT&T's U-Verse television and internet in our house. There is a cord plugged from the wall to this Netgear box, and the Netgear box is connected to the family computer. The computer connects to the internet just fine.

The computer in my bedroom can find my router wirelessly. Whenever I tell it to connect to my router, it says "Acquiring Network Address". It stays like that, and never connects.

Can anybody help me please?

Relevancy 68.8%

Now I decided to switch my desktop to hdmi after doing that the cord was affecting my wireless antenna so I took it out and put it in the other wireless antenna spot while it was on now everytime I try to connect it says the password is wrong or theres something wrong with the router everything else connects I have a dell inspiron 620 desktop and a Begin.91Bb modem/router

A:desktop wont connect to my internet wirelessly

try removing the wireless profiles and do a tcp/ip reset on the desktop

How to remove Wireless Profiles
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/t109-removing-an-existing-wireless-profile

How to remove Wireless Profiles - for Vista and Windows 7
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
- Vista/Windows7:
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=214
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all

How to remove Wireless Profiles - for XP
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
- XP
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=186
- delete the preferred networks
start> control panel> network connections> right click on the wireless connection> listed wireless networks tab in the preferred network list click on each one and - remove button

you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
and press enter

Reboot the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Please note and post back - if you receive the message
Access is Denied

Post back the results here - we need to know these commands worked correctly
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log
and press enter

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog
and press enter

Reboot the machine.

Please note and post back - if you receive the message
Access is Denied

Post back the results here
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-wont-connect-to-my-internet-wirelessly.1045606/
Relevancy 68.37%

I will make a long story short. We have a HP Pavilion with Vista that we cannot get connected wirelessly to centurylink's pk5001z. It will connect to the internet if it is hooked up to the ethernet cable. We can take this laptop to McDonald's and use their wi-fi, or at my parents...or seemingly anywhere else. We have successfully connected 3 other laptops to the wireless signal thru the pk5001z. We had the geeksquad advise us several times...going as far as they accessed this laptop remotely...and still can't obtain a solution. Do we need a different modem? The laptop sees that there is a network available but won't allow access to it. (it shows the network name in () and indicates local connection only) Thanks in advance.

A:CenturyLink and their modem won't allow windows vista laptop to connect wirelessly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/centurylink-and-their-modem-wont-allow-windows-vista-laptop-to-connect-wirelessly.1082483/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi My daughter got a Security Shield virus on her laptop and I managed to remove it using this very helpful BC thread http www bleepingcomputer com virus-removal remove-security-shield The laptop uses Windows The removal seemed to work fine although one slightly odd thing compared to the thread cannot virus. since Shield wirelessly removving Security Laptop connect s advice was that I didn t have to change the LAN settings Proxy server when I booted up in Safe Mode - the virus was preventing internet access but didn t appear to be doing so by the Proxy server change So I was able to access the internet perfectly well when in Safe Mode with Networking I downloaded everything I needed using the laptop wirelesly and scanned removed the security shield virus files using malware bytes Then when I rebooted as Laptop cannot connect wirelessly since removving Security Shield virus. normal in order to complete the process and update the HOSTS files I couldn t access the internet wirelessly The router is working fine and when I connect via ethernet cable the laptop communicates fine with the internet It just refuses to let me connect wirelessly I have tried Checking all firewall options in McAfee though I Laptop cannot connect wirelessly since removving Security Shield virus. guess this wouldn t enable a wired connection either if it was the Laptop cannot connect wirelessly since removving Security Shield virus. problem Removing and reinstalling the wireless device via device manager Deleting and resetting up the wireless profile Just not sure what to do next Any advice appreciated Thanks Rich

A:Laptop cannot connect wirelessly since removving Security Shield virus.

Hi Rich -Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.•Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center•Press "Scan".•It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.•Please copy and paste the log to your reply.This can show us if many items are missing / corrupted -Thank You - EDIT -Go back and see Step 7 in the removal details. Now make sure all boxes are unchecked Except for, Automatically detect settings -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436010/laptop-cannot-connect-wirelessly-since-removving-security-shield-virus/
Relevancy 67.94%

We have several devices that have been connecting wirelessly to the Internet for years with no issues until today Modem burned out and I replaced it no probs there I am able to browse the net via Ethernet hard wired to the modem The wireless network is operating because the SSID shows up In Wireless Network Connection quot as quot Connected quot But no wireless Internet connection I have done the cycle multiple times I checked the wireless driver and it is updated to the latest I feel like it s something silly and simple since all was good until I replaced Replaced can't to Internet Solved: wirelessly connect modem...now the modem IPCONFIG ALL is below and Solved: Replaced modem...now can't connect wirelessly to Internet was done with Ethernet cable attached Do you need it without the cable Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Susan gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Susan-VAIO Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address E-DD- -DC- - C DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - - - E-E -AB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c a d a f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday January PM Lease Expires Friday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B - -F - - - - E-E -AB DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Solved: Replaced modem...now can't connect wirelessly to Internet Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -DD- -DC- - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F AB D - A- A-B D- B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a b daa d c Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe a b daa d c Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap FD- A - D -AFDB- C AAAD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E - C - B-B - A B E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface BD EB - - -A - CBFF FDAA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Susan gt nbsp

A:Solved: Replaced modem...now can't connect wirelessly to Internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-replaced-modem-now-cant-connect-wirelessly-to-internet.1086730/
Relevancy 67.94%

I just bought a Acer Aspire 3935 its running Vista Home Premium 32bit!
I've checked Ivp4 -6 all on auto. Same with DNS server. I can connect to the modem but i only got local access no internet and its an unknown network! Damn Vista -.-'

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/291822-acer-aspire-3935-cant-connect-internet-wirelessly.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello,

I have had this router for a few years and I have just moved it to the right place in the house, namely connected to the main phone socket... The desktop connected to the router via an ethernet cable is doing fine... Before I moved the router, my 2 wireless laptops were connecting fine as well... since I did this, they first showed limited connectivity, so I set the IP addresses up manually... they are now connecting to the network/router wirelessly, but I cannot connect to the internet; when I try to open Mozilla or Explorer, I get the message "server not found"... I tried everything, restarted the router, rebooted my laptops, but no luck... My operating system is Windows XP family on the desktop and Professional SP2 on the laptops ... any ideas would be welcome...
Thank you...
Solveig

A:Have a Netgear DG834G router and cannot connect wirelessly to internet...

so I set the IP addresses up manually... they are now connecting to the network/router wirelesslyClick to expand...

By "connecting" do you mean simply broadcasting on the same channel, or do you mean actually communicating with the router (confirmed by ping or accessing the configuration pages)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/have-a-netgear-dg834g-router-and-cannot-connect-wirelessly-to-internet.725401/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi I ve just bought a Sony Bravia with in-built wireless to Bravia connect KDL24EX320 Can't wirelessly Sony internet connectivity but I cannot get it to connect to the internet I have a Talk Talk dlink DSL R wireless router I have entered the following settings manually in to the tv IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Server DNS Server together with my WPA key which I have checked is correct I keep getting the following result wireless device OK local access failed Internet access failed Can anyone help please When I do ipconfig all I get the following Windows IP Configuration Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - D- - B-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Can't connect Sony Bravia KDL24EX320 to internet wirelessly Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Can't connect Sony Bravia KDL24EX320 to internet wirelessly Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - -EA- -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f a d eee a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January Lease Expires January Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -CA- - - -EA- -C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - F-E -DC- B- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C FCF-B A - A- C -C E AC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap home Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fd af c f fefd Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe af c f fefd Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DF E -AE - D - B- CE Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

Hi
My girlfriends parents have bought a new compaq laptop with windows 7. Connected up to the internet by cable & wireless no problem.
Yesterday couldn't do either and found it nearly impossible to get into the routers settings to check them. Kept saying limited access. I've tried various things to no avail.
Then I noticed that my iphone could connect to the router, so I ruled out a router problem.
I brought the laptop home and it wouldn't connect to our router, so I'm presuming it's a settings problem. But now I'm stuck!

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Mark

Relevancy 67.94%

this is a old gateway laptop that I am trying to connect wirelessly to the internet, it has a intel (R)pro/wireless lan adapter but I have a realtek wireless lan and it will not take the new one. can you help me

A:connect wirelessly to internet (Moved from Windows XP forum)

What do you mean by "will not take"?

What model is the Realtek?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-wirelessly-to-internet-moved-from-windows-xp-forum.1135726/
Relevancy 67.94%

We have connect can?t wirelessly internet. to Desktop computer suddenly an Acer Aspire X -U desktop that runs Windows To our knowledge there has not been any power outages lightning strikes or viruses that would affect the computer I m not sure what other information is pertinent so please let me Desktop computer suddenly can?t connect wirelessly to internet. know if there is anything else that would clarify that problem About a week ago our computer no longer allowed us to go online Desktop computer suddenly can?t connect wirelessly to internet. through our wifi It does not work on Internet Explorer Chrome or Firefox It claimed that there were no network connections available and we could not see out wireless signal on the list of available networks Our laptop worked fine connecting to the internet using the wireless signal We searched online for suggestions yet most Desktop computer suddenly can?t connect wirelessly to internet. have not panned out We troubleshooted the issue yet it claimed that the a network cable is not properly plugged or may be broken The thing is we have always used that computer s wireless and has never had this issue before We called our internet service provider and they had us plug the computer into our ethernet cable and we could connect to the internet via that so they told us it was a problem with our computer most likely with our wireless network driver As per some suggestions we looked at the Network Connections and our Wireless Network Connection does not even show up there We only see the Local Area Connection We tried to update the driver software under the Device Manager yet that appeared to have no changes It just looks like the LAN wireless is nowhere listed on the device manager Please we have been trying to solve this for about a week and still have been hitting a brick wall Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

A:Desktop computer suddenly canít connect wirelessly to internet.

Hello, and Welcome

First open Device Manager and click on your PC at the top of the tree. Select Scan for Hardware Changes and see if the Wireless Adapter is detected under Network Adapters. Are there any yellow exclamation marks listed in Device Manager?

Type CMD in the search box Right click > Run as Administrator and type the following command

ipconfig /all   <enter>

Copy and past the results in your next post. Is your Wireless Adapter listed? 

You may need to reset the wireless card. Open the case after removing the power. Touch bare metal of the case first and re-seat the wireless card. Here is your service manual.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572729/desktop-computer-suddenly-cant-connect-wirelessly-to-internet/
Relevancy 67.94%

hello all...

new to this forum... hopefully someone can figure this out...

i had a bad malware infection and have subsequently removed it successfully via hijackthis and other malware removal tools (vundofix, sdfix...) only problem is, now my wireless internet connection no longer works (in normal mode, that is)

- i can connect fine wirelessly in safe mode
- in normal mode i can "see" other wireless networks (including my own) but can't connect to any
- in normal mode i can't connect to my laptop wirelessly from my infected desktop
- ipconfig /all shows "media disconnected" for the wireless adapter
- i tried the following and none have worked so far:
- winsockxpfix.exe
- uninstalling the network adapter and having xp auto-reinstall
- stop/restart wireless zero config service​any ideas?

thanks for any help.

Relevancy 67.51%

I purchased a new laptop (wireless-n). However, the old laptop I have from 6 six years ago (wireless g) has a faster wireless connection than the new one (20-25 mbps vs. 0.50-1.00 mbps). Any reason for the difference? The 2 computers are at the same location in the house in regards to the router. Please let me know any additional information needed about each of the 2 computers, or anything else you might need. Thanks.

A:Solved: Older Computers Connect Wirelessly Faster Than Brand New Laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-older-computers-connect-wirelessly-faster-than-brand-new-laptop.1014237/
Relevancy 67.51%

I had to change my configuration of my router in order to allow port forwarding. After everything was configured I am still able to connect via the hard wired computer. My two laptops which access the internet via WIFI can connect to the router but not the internet.
Is there a connection change I need to change in the laptops to compensate for the fixed IP addy?

A:Gave my Router a static address now can't connect to internet wirelessly

If they are running Windows please show for the computer with internet access and for one of the other ones ...

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gave-my-router-a-static-address-now-cant-connect-to-internet-wirelessly.978669/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi All!

I really need some help with a problem with an ACER Aspire 5742z connecting to the internet.

Im not sure if it had a virus but I do know that the security ran out a while ago (not my laptop by the way!!!)

The laptop can connect to the home network and according to network and sharing it can connect to the internet but when you try to load internet explorer it wont connect.

any ideas?

Thanks anyone!!

A:Problems connecting to internet wirelessly - other comps, ipad etc can connect

Quote:

but I do know that the security ran out a while ago

that can happen quite often with mcafee , Norton or other security suites

which one do you have and we need to use the removal tool

just in case heres mcafee and norton

------

Mcafee Removal Tool
How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR)

|MG| McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool 6.0.152.0 Download

--------------------------------------------------------------

Norton Removal Tool
I would recommend that you restart the PC and run the removal tool for a second time - I have found instances where the removal tool needs to be run twice to fully remove all traces of norton and symantec from the PC
https://www-secure.symantec.com/nort...ersion=current

All Versions - The Norton Removal Tool uninstalls all Norton 2010/2009/2008/2007/2006/2005/2004/2003 products, Norton 360 and Norton SystemWorks 12.0 from your computer.
|MG| Norton Removal Tool 20.0.0.21 Download

--------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-connecting-to-internet-wirelessly-other-comps-ipad-etc-can-connect-678538.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I had the exact same problem before christmas after months of ringing up my broadband provider day in day out they finally were able to give me a resolution to the problem The problem I was having was my laptop wouldn t connect to my new router provided by them it would say it was connected but Local Only Turned out in the end all I needed to do was update my Atheros and Realtek drivers Months down the line now having the same symptoms I decide to update connect wont Solved: the Vista to wirelessly internet Windows my drivers Solved: Windows Vista wont connect to the internet wirelessly only to find out there are no updates available and my drivers are up to date and working The only other thing that may be the root Solved: Windows Vista wont connect to the internet wirelessly to the this problem is the fact last night I connected to my girlfriends router at her house with this same laptop Now I come back to my router this evening and I m having these symptoms I had months ago It s also saying the network is Undentified eventhough it SAYS it s connected It doesnt allow me to access the internet at all I removed the history of my girlfriends connection on manage wireless networks including my own Then I decided to try and re-connect as I m told this can sometimes solve the problem But it s just the same story Please can someone help nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi All Recently purchased an Amilo Li running Vista Premium On trying to connect wirelessly to my Netgear WGT v I can see all the details of my wireless network signal strength etc if I drop the channel number from to and disable WEP but cannot connect at all no matter what I try I have no problems connecting with a different DELL laptop running XP and a Belkin wireless adapter and I can do the same connect with the Amilo However I m at a loss to find a reason and resolution to the lack of connection using the Atheros WLAN AR EG device which comes with router cannot Vista to running Solved: connect premium wirelessly Laptop Netgear the Amilo - I don t think it s faulty as it quot Solved: Laptop running Vista premium cannot connect to Netgear router wirelessly sees quot the wireless network Solved: Laptop running Vista premium cannot connect to Netgear router wirelessly and others OK I ve updated the Amilo WLAN driver tried a few registry tweaks etc etc etc but have had no luck at all Can anyone offer any advice on how I might be able to get the Amilo to connect to the WGT I ve posted on other forums Amilo Fujitsu-Siemens who make the Amilo but no luck at all And this lack of connection problem with Vista to a wireless network seems to be problematic from what I ve seen Solved: Laptop running Vista premium cannot connect to Netgear router wirelessly on the web anyone confirm I can t provide anymore details about the Amilo setup as I m at work but could post back later if someone is kind enough to answer this query Apologies if I ve missed something obvious but I ve been trying to connect for week and have had no luck at all nbsp

A:Solved: Laptop running Vista premium cannot connect to Netgear router wirelessly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-running-vista-premium-cannot-connect-to-netgear-router-wirelessly.643235/