Windows Support Forum

Lost device mgr/adapter/hardware capabilities...

Q: Lost device mgr/adapter/hardware capabilities...

Have been cleaning drive with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware program and now, with almost all of the malware removed, XP Pro does not display the device manager upon demand, as well as no network adapter present and not able to even open the 'add hardware' icon in the control panel.

I also had run a new driver install for the wireless intel since I had the BSOD for w22n51.sys. It didn't install, saying the driver I had was up to date - I know now to uninstall the driver prior to attempting to update it since it is ver 8 or older. Until I get that done, I can't even display, let alone change anything.

Presently the computer is started in 'diagnostic' startup. Looking for some quick fixes - greatly appreciated!
Lionheart

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273213/lost-device-mgradapterhardware-capabilities/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lost device mgr/adapter/hardware capabilities...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi, I have a little netbook computer that has no usb ports, and it is very hard to find a card for this netbook that will connect it to the internet (wireless, or ethernet carts).
It does have a serial port on the back of it, and I thought, perhaps I could get a Serial to USB adapter, then plug a wireless usb device into the usb plug...
Would this work? or is this kind of a dead end idea?

I just wanted to give it wireless capabilities

Relevancy 63.64%

i am having issues playing any games it either says there is no device capabilites for the games or dx device capabilites are not there.. any help would be very helpful..

A:dx device capabilities

Lisa welcome to the forums.

Your computer specs would help a great deal. From what you are describing it almost sounds like a laptop or desktop with Intel integrated graphics on it, that or the driver foor the video card isn't installed.

Anyway we'll wait for you to post your system specs (make and model number will do).

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/216052-dx-device-capabilities.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I am still searching for some smart computer whiz's help to me to regain control of my sound, ability to play CD's, and call up Character Maps.

Relevancy 63.64%

Yes, like the topic says i was playing counter-strike source and such last night and then went to bed so i shut off my computer and now when i boot up it says "network cable unplugged"... IT ISNT UNPLUGGED... in fact im typing this on the same computer because i dual boot linux/windows.... and linux is working fine because the cable IS plugged in... Just did a fresh install of XP Home and its STILL doing this... ***??? cant be a virus or anything now... fresh damn install... im going crazy with this have to reboot to linuxx jjust to find something to try for it to not work and have to reboot again to linux to read up more :( ANYONE???

A:Lost ALL network capabilities :|

"Network cable unplugged" is sometimes a misnomer. Most of time it means that the connection was dropped or the modem reset itself.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-all-network-capabilities-71737.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I am using windows xp and for some time now my computer has locked me out of any administrative abilities. It happened quite randomly and whenever i try to access anything, such as add and remove programs, desktop settings, my entire control panel has actually dissapeared. i really have no clue how this happened and no clue how to fix it. If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks! Lost Administrative Capabilities

A:[B]Lost Administrative Capabilities[/B]

That is a pretty good description of various viruses that are circulating the 'net.

It may be faster to format your entire hard drive and reinstall windows fresh. However, if you want to clean the virus off your PC without having to reinstall then...

We recommend that you read this article…"NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help"; follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in theHiJackThis Log Help Forum.
(Simply, click on the coloured links to be re-directed.)

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum; not back here in this one.

When carrying outThe 5 Steps, if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post toThe HJT Help Forum; where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

After your system has been verified as clean, if your are still experiencing those problems come back here and we will assist you further.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/b-lost-administrative-capabilities-b-323084.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I recently downloaded the trial version of Hell's Kitchen from various sites Big Fish Games iWin etc but get the same DX Capabilities Error Device error from all the downloads when I click play game DX Device Capabilities Error Error reads as follows DX error - could not get DX device capabilities l projects gamefabric windows library c I've installed the latest DirectX from the Microsoft website I also ran DXDiag to find graphics card info and updated the driver ------------------------------------------------------------------- DXDiag Info System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name IBM Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium Build Service Pack vistasp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer IBM System Model N BIOS PhoenixBIOS Release for IBM ThinkPad Processor Mobile DX Device Capabilities Error Intel R Pentium R - M CPU GHz GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Manufacturer Standard display types Chip type ATI MOBILITY RADEON DAC type bit Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory n a Dedicated Memory n a Shared Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Driver Name vga Driver Version English DDI Version unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B EE - F - CF-F - AFC CB Vendor ID x Device ID x C SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am running Windows Vista Home Premium bit on an IBM ThinkPad Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:DX Device Capabilities Error

Hi Jenniferivy,

The developer of this application has made an error during programming, Unfortunatly he is the only person capable of fixing the problem since its his soure-code

Steven

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/210581-dx-device-capabilities-error.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Running XP home, SP2, pentium 4.
All of a sudden I've lost the drag & drop function. All other mouse functions work normally, but I cannot drag & drop files or move icons around. Never happened before, has anyone any ideas? Have re-booted, done spyware scans, AV scans & got rid of all temp & junk files etc. Have done everything except system restore & de-frag.

A:Lost drag & drop capabilities

Sounds a lot like this?
http://experts.about.com/q/Windows-XP-3282/Win-XP-Pro-file-1.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-drag-drop-capabilities.478664/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I m new here and need some help with this Now My laptop came with GBs of memory x GB I ordered one GB chip same speed and everything from PNY it s a GB DDR PC - with variable speeds MHz So now I have GBs I started up the computer which started up fast and was obviously running better For the sake of it I ran the Windows Experience Index and for some reason my graphics raiting went DOWN Now not that I trust the WEI but now I can t use most of my screen savers because it says it is not compatible but it also is very difficult to work in Photoshop and the likes It does not make any sense I also know capabilities more lost Installed RAM, video that becasue they are two diffrent sizes they arnt dual-speed but how can that affect the graphics Could this have anything to do with a BIOS update I also updated that two days ago Specs Compaq Presario F F US AMD Turion tm X Mobile Tech TL- GHz Dual-Core S N-CNF SYB-------P N-KC UA ABA GB RAM- GB HDD Partions Windows Installed more RAM, lost video capabilities Vista SP -Bit Graphics---NVIDIA GeForce M nForce M nbsp

A:Installed more RAM, lost video capabilities

Hello,

This may be a drive issue but I am not 100% sure. Downloading updated drivers will only do good for a computer or laptop.

Try this link and then select which language you want and which version of Windows Vista you are using and then download and install every drive that the website offers. This will help with problems and may solve you graphics problem.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...Id=135&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3548233

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-more-ram-lost-video-capabilities.857955/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a wired Ethernet connection directly into my modem, I also have a WiFi dongle connected to a router so that i have network access to other machines. The WiFi network is also providing me with internet, i dont want the internet because i think it my confuse certain applications, how will they know which internet to use? How can i stop internet coming in through the WiFi but still be connected so i can retain the networking capabilities with other machines. I have tried unticking IPv4&6 in the network adapter properties but that just ruined the network. Im out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

A:Stop WiFi adapter using internet, but retain networking capabilities.

Hi Mike and Welcome to Seven Forums,

Perhaps, do an experiment from one wireless computers and see if this would work or not, assign a Static Addressing, remove the DNS servers and default gateway. See an image attached. Make sure that you would use the same IP Scope in your network for ex. 192.168.1.X or 192.168.0.X.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/284550-stop-wifi-adapter-using-internet-but-retain-networking-capabilities.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi ,
I have purchased an ICY BOX ( RaidSonic ) with 2 3.5 disks ( USB 3.0 ) and RAID capability.
I installed it as required and then I can see ( read / write ) both disks as separate volumes ( J: and L: ) . The initial configuration is RAID 1.
If i use the windows 10 option of storage spaces then RAID 1 is activated !!
But I am confused ... is this the right procedure for this machine or should work stand alone ????

A:External USB device with RAID capabilities

Quote:

The initial configuration is RAID 1.

RAID 1 is two HDD's of the same size, Drive A and B where Drive B is a mirror copy of Drive A. If RAID 1 is activated, then you will only see one drive in Windows. If disaster strikes and one drive fails, that drive can be replaced, and your can rebuild the array without loosing any data.
Usually, these drives in these enclosures are in a RAID 0 stripped set spanned across two drives. In Windows it will look like one big HDD. There is no redundancy in RAID 0 and if one drive fails, all data is lost.
Right now, if both disks are separate volumes, then you do not have RAID activated yet.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/external-usb-device-with-raid-capabilities-1125441.html
Relevancy 55.47%

There are some of devices that were mission from device manager At first there was a problem with wireless adapter I couldn't enable it I tried to reinstall drivers serveral times but it didn't fix the problem So i reformat my system times the problem is still existing It's getting worst now i can't find wireless network adapter, adapter, device items Wirelress in lan reader card manager: Hidden adapter lan network adapter and card reader in device manager It is weird that sometime the Hidden items in device manager: Wirelress adapter, lan adapter, card reader wireless adapter appears in device manger those devices come back too I am quite sure that my wireless adapter hardware is ok because i did replace new wireless adapter but the problem still exist I ran some antivirus tools antimalware tools non of them return infected The weirdest issue is that my wireless adapter comes with bluetooth adapter but only bluetooth adapter can be used it works perfectly fine Could you please take a look at this problem im Hidden items in device manager: Wirelress adapter, lan adapter, card reader at the deadend this is Hidden items in device manager: Wirelress adapter, lan adapter, card reader the weirdest problem i ever had with my laptop and pc Thank you DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Kritparin at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT AV Bitdefender Antivirus Enabled Updated B F -CAF -DD -C -E B SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Bitdefender Antispyware Enabled Updated EB F -ECC -D -FED -DC A D FW Bitdefender Firewall Enabled A D - -DCCF-EF F- E DBCD CF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows system notepad exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report BHO IDM integration IDMIEHlprObj Class C - - B-A BF- B C A A - C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dll BHO Bitdefender Wallet DAC C - D - AB - A-B D CD A - C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender Antispam pmbxie dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C Program Files Microsoft Office root office URLREDIR DLL BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO Microsoft Web Test Recorder Helper DDA - - ed - D - D EC D D - C Program Files x Microsoft Visual Studio Common IDE PrivateAssemblies Microsoft VisualStudio QualityTools RecorderBarBHO dll EB Web Test Recorder D - - - CDB- B D D - uRun Bitdefender Wallet Agent C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender pmbxag exe uRun Bitdefender Wallet C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender pwdmanui exe --hidden --nowizard uRun Bitdefender Wallet Application Agent C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender antispam bdapppassmgr exe uRun DAEMON Tools Lite C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe -autorun uRun IDMan C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMan exe onboot uRun AdobeBridge lt no file gt mRun THX Audio Control Panel C Program Files x Creative THX TruStudio Pro THXAudioCP THXAudio exe r mRun UpdReg C Windows UpdReg EXE mRun SunJavaUpdateSched C ... Read more

A:Hidden items in device manager: Wirelress adapter, lan adapter, card reader

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/518236 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518236/hidden-items-in-device-manager-wirelress-adapter-lan-adapter-card-reader/
Relevancy 55.47%

device manager under my Network adapter. I have my Intel Ethernet adapter listed and then underneath the bang with WAN Miniport (IP) #2. When I check the properties of the device It says it is not working properly. When I attempt to uninstall the device it tells me that the device cannot be removed because it is required to boot the system.

A:device manager under my Network adapter. I have my Intel Ethernet adapter listed and

go into your bios and under boot options, remove network/internet as a boot option if it is listed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/device-manager-under-my-network-adapter-i-have-my-intel-ethernet-adapter-listed-and-91828.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have an Inspiron home running XP and a Latitude D XP that I used to be able to use interchangably with a Comcast modem and a Netgear WGR router A couple of weeks ago my internet connections slowed and now have ended After several phone calls to Comcast the last tech told me the problem was quot the network address showing in the device manager is different than the network address that shows in the TCIP IP settings quot I am getting an error message of quot network cable unplugged quot on the Inspiron and the red X on the second of the two adapters st is nd is Broadcam x I can get internet from the Latitude when directly connected to the cable modem but not when routed through the router for wireless We have tried multiple reconfig of the IP shutting everything down computers router modem all with no success Any help anyone can provide would be great--I still need to order Christmas presents nbsp

A:Network adapter in device manager is different than adapter in TCIP/IP settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-in-device-manager-is-different-than-adapter-in-tcip-ip-settings.886135/
Relevancy 53.75%

Model is Acer Aspire One D270.
Internal bluetooth doesn't work.
Nothing in device manager.
Fn+F3 is meant to control it, but doesn't.
May be because I've messed with some programs.
Trying to re-install to factory settings.
Any suggestions at all?

thanks
D:

edit: The machine is Win7 baby (starter?), x86_32.

A:Bluetooth device not in device manager, no hardware switch, Acer netbk

What programs did you remove or mess with? Have you tried repairing these programs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/261938-bluetooth-device-not-device-manager-no-hardware-switch-acer-netbk.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all The from Manager Adapter' Device 'Device (XP) missing quot Display adapter quot option is missing from my Device Manager I did re-install the OEM driver but it didn t help I am mystified as to how to get it to show up I would like to install a new video card and I suspect I must first resolve this software problem 'Device Adapter' missing from Device Manager (XP) already tried the card with no luck I had made some tweaks to WinXP some 'Device Adapter' missing from Device Manager (XP) months ago in an effort to optimize it I don t remember what I did but I suspect that might have something to do with it I have looked through Microsoft and HP Compaq support sites with no luck Any info I found seems to talk about using the Display Adapter to make changes not how to revive it My stock video drivers are loaded and working Again I just don t know how to get Display Adapter to re-appear and working in Device Manager I ran a diagnostic app called AIDA Here are screen grabs of my Windows Devices Physical Devices Device Resources Windows Video Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this issue Any and all suggestions are appreciated My System Specs WinXP Home Ed SP installed System Compaq Presario SR NX Processor AMD Athlon XP Processor Speed MHz BIOS KM RAM MB Video Controller VIA S G UniChrome Graphics Video Memory on board MB Cheers Mark nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I am working on a Dell inspiron 1420 with a service tag of 5XFMSF1, and an express service code of 12905552989. I had to reformat the drive and re install windows vista. I have it done and now i cant get the WiFi card to work. When i go into device manager it doesn't show any wireless adapters. I loaded all the drivers from the disc that were allowed but when trying to load any of the wireless drivers on the resource cd i get device not found. I checked in BIOS and see that wireless is in fact enabled. Please help !

A:Solved: no wifi adapter in hardware

What, if any, devices in Device Manager are flagged with a warning or error?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-wifi-adapter-in-hardware.1122658/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello community, I am facing this issue, it says Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer. and this is in-built wifi which is I am talking about. Last night, I was able to connect and this morning it disappread I even tried system resotre but no luck, hope someone help me out. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-wi-fi-adapter-hardware-issue/td-p/5776526
Relevancy 47.73%

My netbook all of the sudden stopped connecting to the internet, after trying the network it would say that it could not connect. I restarted and now no networks appeared. I ran Windows Network Diagnostis and it found this problem: "The Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware- related problems Not Fixed" I did some research and downloaded and installed a new driver from this link: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_147415_1  The network names came back, but when I tried to connect I again was told I could not connect. I restarted and the networks no longer appeared and Windows Network Diagnostics gave me the same error it had before.

A:Realtek Adapter Driver or Hardware Problems

Hello @Plumb1?, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I read your post about the WiFi issue, and wanted to assist you! To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number: How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? In the meantime, please review the following document, and let me know how it goes:HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8) Please let me know if this information was helpful by clicking the thumbs up below.  If this post resolved your issue, then please click on Accept as Solution. Regards!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Realtek-Adapter-Driver-or-Hardware-Problems/td-p/5289346
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,
I am frustrated. My wife has a Pfaff 2140 embroidery m/c. She has bought a new Laptop which does not have a serial port. So I got a generic Adapter Serial to Usb. The m/c has PC Communication card with a 9 pin serial. I have loaded the drivers for a Prolific Adapter. Then I closed down and restarted with the M/c connected to the laptop using the Usb. No communication was the message I received. I have determined that the port on the laptop used by the Laptop driver is com(7). I do not know which port the m/c wants. Although someone my wife spoke to says the m/c wants com(4).
How can I achieve the connection between Laptop and m/c? Please make me happy.

jamesblu

A:Serial to Usb Adapter two pieces of hardware will not communicate

I've seen this with parallel/usb adapters.
Use the USB port.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/serial-to-usb-adapter-two-pieces-of-hardware-will-not-communicate.143692/
Relevancy 47.73%

as i came back from my sister's house on one fine day, i opened up my seemingly untouched computer, hoping to play another rousing match of TF2. unfortunately, there is a really horrifying problem with my internet: it doesn't work. the problem is 36263163189% NOT from my router/connection point, seeing as i have taken it to 3 different locations with no success. it's odd, because no matter what i try, it's almost like my computer is pushing me away from any internet access. i tried pretty much everything that i could find by looking through google, and to no avail.

anyone who successfully helps me gets a free cookie!

A:Hardware/Wifi Adapter/Program Malfunctioning

Hiya pal and welcome to the forums. A good start would be if you could fill in your system spec in full (as best you can), just makes it easier for us to try and help you out

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/157912-hardware-wifi-adapter-program-malfunctioning.html
Relevancy 47.3%

couple of weeks back the pc crashed i got it back up and seem to have lost my sound card and driver is ther any way i can recover these?

Relevancy 47.3%

Problems found:
The Realtek Wireless LAN 802.11n USB Network Adapter is experiencing driver - or hardware - related problems.

No idea what caused this, the wireless just suddenly became unavailable for the PC. Any help would be great thanks.

A:Realtek Wireless adapter hardware or drive problem

closing duplicate, please respond at http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1144276-realtek-adaptor-issue.html.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/realtek-wireless-adapter-hardware-or-drive-problem.1144275/
Relevancy 47.3%

Netgear WG311v3 PCI Wireless Adapter Causes hardware failure

--------------------------

Ok so I have been trying to get this problem resolved for a while...I have no idea how to ... I have tried everything imagineable...I KNOW the error is with the adapter only...

It causes random BSOD and random Restarts, I can only use the adapter for like 2 hours if I am not using %100 network activity, if idling, If I am using high network resources...20 - 30 mins

I have browed all other TechSpot forums for ALL related material and did not see a solution

Also checked dozens of other forums, netgear knowledge base, microsoft, tech forums, e.t.c.

Can not find a solution...

Did memtest ALL HARDWARE TEST IMAGINABLE

everything...

it is in the adapter itself, that much is know...but does anyone know why

(and yes I have the latest drivers and emailed netgear)

PLZ HELP!!!!

Thank You,
Aarron Bittick
[email protected]

A:Netgear WG311v3 PCI Wireless Adapter Causes hardware failure

Replace the adapter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netgear-wg311v3-pci-wireless-adapter-causes-hardware-failure.91868/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi Y'all,

I posted a thread in the Hardware forum earlier and realised later that it is really a Windows problem so here goes.

I (quite stupidly) disabled the display adapter on my Win XP SP2 machine because the display adapter did not appear on my device manager list.

Since then when I boot up I get the Mobo splash, I can access bios, I get the Windows splash and then I get a blank black screen.

I know that everything else is running ok cos the sound still works and when I hit the keyboard with my forehead I get the error sound.

Safe mode is not working for some reason.

Can someone please help me to enable my display adapter again without being able to see what I am doing on screen? I 've been trying to sort this out for about 10 hours!

Thanks

dedlam

A:Display Adapter (realised it is not a hardware issue & I am going NUTS)

Safe Mode boot is the way to get to the correction... you have to figger out why that is not working.
Let us know how it worked out. I can see it would be difficult to fix if you cannot see the screen.
You might try booting to a Windows Xp disc in R or Repair mode... or put a different hard drive in, then install Windows to it so you can access your BIOS and utilities.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-adapter-realised-it-is-not-a-hardware-issue-i-am-going-nuts.76757/
Relevancy 47.3%

Aight. I've been having a lot of issues installing my new wireless adapter because Acer is retarded.

I just got a new Intel AC-7260 wifi adapter with bluetooth, and I promptly installed it onto my computer.
-I have all the correct drivers installed
-Launch manager is installed
-The hardware switch is not working anymore, but if I install the old wifi adapter, the switch will still control it
-the wireless adapter is enabled on the OS side, but without a working hardware switch, it will refuse to turn on.
-according to PROSet, the wireless hardware switch is set to 'off', but wifi is on

Anyone know how I can tie the new adapter into the launch manager so I can use the adapter?

System info: windows 7 x64 professional
Acer Timeline 8573T

A:Installing new wireless adapter, hardware switch won't turn it on.

Hi there,

Please try the resolution that was provided here.

An update will be nice, good or bad news....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310662-installing-new-wireless-adapter-hardware-switch-wont-turn.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey guys

We just moved into a new house, and somewhere on the way i lost the moniter adapter for my Nvidia 6600 AGP video card. I looked all over the net for the product number or name of the adapter so i can go buy a new one, but can't find anything. Can anybody help?

A:Solved: Lost the adapter

Is this what you need?

http://www.provantage.com/tripp-lite-p126-000~7TRPA12T.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lost-the-adapter.488473/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have been having intermittent problems with wifi connectivity so decided to uninstall my network adapters (Realtek and Dell) and then reboot to see if it would solve the issue. Unfortunately I must have checked uninstall driver on the Dell adapter because after rebooting, the Dell adapter had disappeared.

I would really appreciate some advice on how to get it back. I remember in the (good) old days of XP I would get a "found new hardware" message on a reboot, but no more.

Thanks in advance.

Dell Inspiron 3521 Win 8.1

A:Lost my network adapter

Go to Control Panel > Device Manager. You should see the device there (probably with yellow exclamation marks). Click on the device and have it look for device driver - if that doesn't work use the computer your posting with to go to Dell website and download the drivers, then tell Windows to use those drivers.

If you don't see the devices in Devices Manager, post back. That's a different problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67968-lost-my-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am trying to install a wireless network card, P&P does not find it, Add Hardware found it but could not install drivers. Now the drivers are installed but Add Hardware will only show about four manufacturers to choose from - which doesn't include the one i need. It was there earlier along with many others. How can I get these lost manufacturers back to sellect from?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-options-in-add-hardware.827149/
Relevancy 46.87%

Ok so I have this plotter the HP ps and it is having this crazy problem Last weekend my boss s son came in and tryed to make it connect using the ethernet port which I have learned is the best way to be a so lost this hardware could issue? connect this printer but all he did was switch the info in the control pannel under printers to be a network connection through the specific port Well that did not work and when I tried to switch it back to a parallel connection it did nothing So I uninstalled that so lost could this be a hardware issue? old print driver and installed a new one and the printer thinks it is working but it is not printing everything it is supposed to I use ARCView part of ARCGIS to make maps and when I send a map to the plotter it only prints shapefiles legends so lost could this be a hardware issue? and frames it does not print the topographic layer made by big topo or pdfs that have been placed in as layers It is driving me nuts it use to so lost could this be a hardware issue? work just fine and now nothing Is their something I can do to fix this I am running out of options nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/so-lost-could-this-be-a-hardware-issue.610226/
Relevancy 46.87%

My Compaq Presario 1675 running Windows 98 got severely trashed after a CD burner got unplugged from the USB port before being dismounted. Now I can only boot up in the Safe Mode. Most of the hardware is not recognized.

System Information shows all the IRQs and DMAs as free. There are no I/O or Memory listed. Under components, there are listings under the Audio and Video Codecs, but no CD-ROM, or Display, Ports, Modem, Storage, USB. The Touch Pad is there but has a problem Code=27 (0x1B). My HP 1215 printer is listed also.

Any thoughts? I'd like to at least recover the files on this computer which seem intact, but would like to avoid using it as a doorstop.

Relevancy 46.87%

ever time i connect to the internet using wifi after few minutes wifi connection not shown in networks, see image below. after this i use hp support assistent. In hp network check it shown this problem, see image below. Note: when i turn off my lapy for  1 or 2 hours.after i start my lapy wifi works correctly, but only few minutes then same problem....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-adapter-is-experincing-driver-or-hardware-related/td-p/5730422
Relevancy 46.87%

For the past two days I have virus battle, hardware ethernet in. adapter onboard After plugged says not been battling a trojan that I got using hijack this A-sqaured anti-malware Ad-aware Spybot XP Manager and a different harddrive that was almost dead with windows on it I ve gotten the computer pretty After virus battle, onboard ethernet adapter says hardware not plugged in. much running good again but I have two really big problems now My ethernet adapter is missing in action When I go to Device Manager it isn t visible I have to show hidden items to even see it and it s greyed out The error code is quot Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer Code quot This is impossible it s onboard Everything I search on the net says to just plug it back in I can t do that Trying to reinstall the drivers does nothing as the computer sees nothing for the new drivers to work with My other problem is even more strange If I boot into a windows live CD Ubuntu live CD Windows Setup CD Hiren s UBCD or even the other install of windows on the other harddrive my monitor will go into what looks like standby a few minutes into booting into whatever I ve booted into This makes it impossible to troubleshoot outside of the XP Install that was actually infected See in that windows install no standby ever I can t even boot into safe mode without standby occuring After standby happens I cannot get the monitor to come back on The only fix is rebooting I have reset my bios to defaults and even taken out the CMOS battery and put it back in No change List of used tools HijackThis RSIT exe ATF-Cleaner ComboFix klwk A-squared Anti-malware Spybot S amp D WinXP Manager To Supress all auto-runs on next boot Tell me what you need and I ll hand it over Thank you Edit Apparently I m a moron and somehow clicked the wrong forum to put this in Forgive the utter newbie error and please move this to the correct forum facepalm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216124/after-virus-battle-onboard-ethernet-adapter-says-hardware-not-plugged-in/
Relevancy 46.87%

My laptop will no longer connect to the internet. It can't even locate available WIFI. After troubleshooting the following problems were found: "The Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 adapter  is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems""A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken"    As for the 2nd problem, all of our other devices are connecting just fine to the internet so it has to be the first problem. I have 46 days left in my warranty. Where the heck do I even take my laptop to get looked at? Can I do anything to resolve the problem at home? HELP please!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/quot-Intel-R-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7265-adapter-or-hardware/td-p/5700854
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,i lost the power adapter of my HP Slimline desktop 450-a103nl.Does anyone know the part number to buy a new one?  220-240Vac, italian or european power plug.tnk in advanceRoberto

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Lost-power-supply-adapter/td-p/5674545
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a ASUS P5GD2 Deluxe MB,with the WiFi-g on board LAN Adapter. I never used it, but now I want to,,,, something happened to it,,,, Win XP Pro does not find it as hardware,,,,, After I install the WiFi software, it says something will happen when card is installed. I saw the wireless icon in my Network Connections screen just the other day,,, I thought it was srewing up my broadband connection to the net , so I highlighted it and hit Remove,,, now it is gone and I can not wake it up,, just did a format/reinstall,, still no Asus Wireless adapter....what did I do ???????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-onboard-wireless-lan-adapter.49063/
Relevancy 46.44%

OK,I really hope this forum can help. New system built 2 months ago I was updating my radeon 1950pro's driver and accidentally deleted teh display adapter in device manager. Needless to say at the next reboot I lost the ability to see anything passed the window black welcome scrreen with the lil blu scrolling bar on the bottom. After that all goes black. I can hear in the background that window booted but no image. I also cannot boot in safe mode or s.m. with command prompt. It stops at the loading of the file JGOGO.sys. Any idea how I can reinstall any version of the display adapter?
I'm VERY frustrated.

LianLi PC61
Asus P5w-dh deluxe 975x
PC P&C Silencer 610W EPS12V
Conroe E6600
HIS X1950Pro IceQ 256mb
On boars sound Realtek ALC882M
GSkill (PC2 6400) CL4D 2GBPK
Saitek X52 no pedals.

Relevancy 46.44%

I recently bought a Sata/IDE to USB adapter.
It arrived today and my computer wont recognize the device.
The adapter is this.
My CD/DVD ROM is a Lite-on. Dont know the model. If need be, ill get the model number.
In the device manager the CD/DVD ROM is labeled as "EL1021Q SPO241A SCSI CdRom Device.", which is not the CD/DVD ROM but the adapter.
I google the adapter but nothing comes up. It also says "This device is working properly."
I can open my CD/DVD ROM and put in a disc and I can hear it loading but nothing loads up.

Any ideas on what the problem is?

Relevancy 46.44%

So ya i recently got a hard drive out of another computer and hooked it up as a slave for space everything was good expect my computer needed a fresh start i think lol recovered hardware! lost and partially maybe i shouldve waited to throw the slave in cause its missing now cant find it looked everywhere got a little bit figured out in cmos i see its in the cmos cause whenever i change ports in my motherboard i see it there moving with me but it doesnt want to go to primary recovered and partially lost hardware! lol slave thats where i should be aiming for right primary master and slave i believe my dvd drives are secondary it worked fine before the wipe lol Its in a different port now i believe the four ports are third and fourth primary and secondary if thats right it was initially hooked up to the recovered and partially lost hardware! lol third primary port and i could dragndrop np I was planning on simply wiping and reinstalling software over there now no matter what i do i lost the k drive and its partition i toss it back into its old tower and it simply asks for it os disc so it works fine still just has no os on it then i went to go watch a movie and found that my second monitor wasnt working tried updating drivers and i got rid of the black screen and sort of have my desktop back sort of S its gotta be in the settings but whatever i do it either goes from black to what appears as the center of my desktop and with nothing on it zilch Ive looked in my catalyst and desktop properties i may have to go to another forum for that but i was hoping not could be this one last raid update i cant seem to get installed maybe not too sure why thats the only thing in device manager i cant get automatically

A:recovered and partially lost hardware! lol

Im suspecting i havent had the raid controller for a long time but i could be wrong... i might have an unlabled disc here somewhere. idk... everytime i go to find it on the net everything just wants me to buy driver updaters! but i dont think thats it tho cause i lost my ethernet adapter a long time ago and am using a usb hub now and ever since, if my memory serves me correctly, device manager showed 2 yellows but it may have been just the ethernet adapter... idk

All i know is i got it so far and got stuck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/recovered-and-partially-lost-hardware-lol-605242.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys. Im new here so wanted to not only get help with my problem, but also say hi.

I recently installed windows 7 and initially everything worked fine. Then i noticed that one of my harddrives had disappeared. Its a 20gb barracuda. I checked in the device manager and also noticed that that I had a IDE controller and Unknown device problem.

I think the IDE controller is part of the High Definition Audio Controller set up so im currently downloading the realtek drivers to see if that allows windows 7 to recognise it.

I am howeever extremely lost as to how to get my hardrive back as everything I have done cant detect any hardware installed.

If there is anything I can put up on here that will help just let me know and ill do so, till then I hope there is someone out there that can rekindle my expectations of Windows 7!

Thanks in advance

A:hardware lost in new WIN7 installation

Have you installed all the latest drivers for your hardware?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/39631-hardware-lost-new-win7-installation.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys. I recently reformatted my Acer Aspire 1640 and I think I wiped the drive of all the factory installed software and drivers. My wireless NIC is not available anymore, I have no sound, no power saving mode, and the cooling fan doesn't even run anymore...which is a big concern...but it has been running well with no issues. All I have is my XP Pro OS.

IS it possible to get all the Acer stuff back?? Can I just go to the Acer website an reload all the drivers for my particular model??

A:Opps! Reformatted and lost all hardware.

If you don't have a driver CD that came with the system, then yes go to the ACER website. Look up your model and you should be able to get what you need. Not sure about the cooling fan although it is possible that some utility that controls the fan is not installed. Often the opposite happens and the fan runs all the time. You'll have to see what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/opps-reformatted-and-lost-all-hardware.523425/
Relevancy 46.44%

I recently installed a new motherboard and processor on my computer and naturally I had to reinstall WINDOWS XP Pro - I also reinstalled SP Everything appears to have gone well and all my previous settings have been retained BUT now there is an unknown device in the Device manager hardward list All the peripherals I have installed on my computer are present and accounted for If I try to remove the mystery device WINDOWS automatically detects the quot new hardware quot and trys to install it But it can neither identify it nor find the appropriate driver And neither can I The computer works fine with the device inactive or disabled and is actually quite speedy so I am tempted to just quot leave well enough alone quot but in truth I am just too anal retentive for that LOL Is there anyway I can figure out what Unknown hardware device/XP this is and correct it If Unknown hardware device/XP Windows can t figure it out and Unknown hardware device/XP process of elimination with regard to the known hardward offers no clue how can I determine what it is I have been careful to make sure that all the onboard devices that I am not using are disabled in the BIOS SETUP I have checked and rechecked The motherboard ELITE GROUP K Unknown hardware device/XP S A v gets good reviews on the internet but support is apparently virtually non-existant so there is little hope for help from that quarter I would appreciate it if others would share their ideas on this Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi All, my name is Lifford... could someone tell me what this device is PCMCIA\SZ_GMT-CDMA_CARD-E66A
I need the manufacturer, model name and any information about vista support for this device.

Thanks guys!!

Any idea what this device is USB\VID_0204&PID_6025&REV_0100 ??
or USB\VID_0F92&PID_0001&REV_0115?

A:Identify the device from the Hardware ID

quick guess a wireless net card
get the free version of everest may give more info on owner

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/identify-the-device-from-the-hardware-id.85987/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,
Is there a way to install a piece of hardware in a Windows image, or via group policy by hardware Id, i.e. without installing the actual hardware? I have Windows 7 in a VDI setup. All of the endpoints have the same logitech USB headset attached. Each time
a user begins a session on a new VM, after a recompose, Windows installs the USB headset and asks for a reboot. I want to eschew the reboot part of that by telling Windows the hardware Id beforehand. I'd like to go into the datacenter and just plug in the
USB headset to where the VDI VMs are located, but that option is not available or practical. I have the hardware Ids for the headset, I just need to know where to tell Windows 7 about them. The headset requires no specific drivers from Logitech, they work
out of the box, except for the reboot.
Thanks

Jason

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0b81217f-b666-416c-8126-525ca779ad51/prestage-hardware-device?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 46.44%

I can't read the rules and need my account disabled

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello, I just built a computer (Asus P7H55-M Pro and Core I5 661) and I installed a WD 500GB blue HD. I installed Win7 pro 32-bit and all seemsfine, but I found this (see pic).

It appears that the hard drive is a usb and it's not. I set the BIOS for AHCI and it is plugged into the SATA port. Not sure why this is popping up here. As you can see it is on the right hand side, top row. All my other win 7 systems does not do this for their drives.

Any one know how I can get rid of this?

Thanks

A:Hardware device issue

It says ATA... then I think it's fine. Is it working properly ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/140513-hardware-device-issue.html
Relevancy 46.44%

There is always a bubble in the taskbar that says:

"Found New Hardware
MTP Device"

And if I click on it, it disapears for just a second and is back..

Any ideas?

A:Found New Hardware: MTP Device

Have been interfacing a cell phone with this machine?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/found-new-hardware-mtp-device.1046492/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey There, i have recently bought a samsung yp-t10 mp3 player. when i connect it to the computer through usb it detects it as a MTP device and tries to install the hardware, but it always comes up with a message saying:

There was a problem installing this device.

i inserted the disk that came with it and it installed a media studio especially for the mp3, but still when i connect it to usb theres no effect. i have searched the internet for a driver for it and theres none around!

i used the add new hardware section in the control panel and tryed installing it manualy but also theres a error. can someone please help me. the other week i did turn off some windows services - not sure if its related to this problem is it..?

please let me know asap please thanks very much

i am very greatfull

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mtp-device-hardware-problem.720536/
Relevancy 46.44%

I pluged in an old monitor into my laptop inspiron and the colors manager/ hardware device help got all messed up color i thought no big deal ill just goto device manager/ hardware help to device manager/ hardware help display and change device manager/ hardware help it it wouldnt let me also right above color where it says monitor and display adapter it says uknown evan in safe mode restarted and it came up saying your display adapter is not configured right click ok to go to add hardware all it find is about unkown devices after i tried to install all of those i clicked no the device isnt on this list so i went and tried to search for hardware and a message pops up saying missing inf file file may be missing or moved so i clicked ok also when i went to device manager nothing was listed just a few things i looked on my computer and all the drivers are still there but they are not being recognized i went into safe mode and all my drivers were there also my internet doesnt work and my cd rom letter isnt there on my computer internet doesnt work in safe mode but my cd rom drive is there i now have a floppy drive and cd rom drive someone please help ohh yeah c drive is in ms does capability mode same with a an c i tried to make a boot disk but when i insert it in the a drive and restart nothing happends i know my a drive works because i can still save things nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

At startup I am getting a quot found new hardware quot dialogue box Specifically a PCI Device of which I truly believe I don t have or at least after cancelling the installation of the driver a hundred times I am obviously not missing whatever it thinks I should have found hardware... pci new device At startup I get the dialogue box then go into the found new hardware wizard search for a suitable driver uncheck floppy cd s etc let it found new hardware... pci device do its scan thing and finish with disable the device Until next time I startup its the same thing over again I am running Win Pro and have no wires plugged in other than a serial for the HP printer fax and the two usb s for the mouse and keyboard I tried finding something in Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager and view devices by connection and all that but I really don t know what I m looking for Is there something I can printout to show you to see where it would be coming up with this new hardware thing and make it stop Thanks Rockin nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

I have a Windows 7 HP 2000-369WM Notebook PC

The Wifi button at the top of my keyboard is now red no matter if I push it or not it is still red. I have a little icon on the right bottom of my computer that says "Not connected- No connection available" I click it and push "troubleshoot". After detecting the probem it says "The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems" After I push next to detect additional problems the problems that are found are

A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken Not Fixed (which I am confused since its never

plugged into anything and has worked fine before)
Also The Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems. Detected
I have no clue now what to do. UGH. Please someone help

A:The Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter is experiencing driver/hardware problem

drivers should be here
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5171087#N456

and for the wireless - this driver
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=5171087&sw_lang=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-ralink-rt5390-802-11b-g-n-wifi-adapter-is-experiencing-driver-hardware-problem.1103552/
Relevancy 46.01%

My dispaly adapter is a Geforce FX 5500 on a XP pro o/s.. After I reinstalled XP (for unrelated reasons) and the NVIDIA drivers, i now lose the adapter settings every time I reboot (computer starts up with a fail-sage generic vga driver). I then rerun the NVIDIA setup, The program says to reboot to use the new settings but rebooting only sends me back to the generic vga driver. However if after running the NVIDIA setup I do not reboot as instructed, the proper driver remains installed and I can set up my display as I want - until I again reboot..

I can't figure this one out

A:Dispaly Adapter Settings Lost After Rebooting

dao: Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver?
Sometimes, you have to disable your Anti-Virus program so it doesn't interfere with the driver installation.
You could also go to the card maker's site to see if they have an updated driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dispaly-adapter-settings-lost-after-rebooting.602615/
Relevancy 46.01%

Wireless card works but I can not connect to my VPN tunnel since the update to win 10.  Vpn connect is successful while using ethernet card.  Is there a driver patch available for this problem oris it a device setting?

A:Lost Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter VPN functi...

Hi: Did you install the W10 Realtek WLAN driver? http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=6943827&swItemId=ob_151589_1&swEnvOid=419...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Lost-Realtek-RTL8188EE-802-11-b-g-n-Wi-Fi-Adapter-VPN/td-p/5223920
Relevancy 46.01%

The only Network adapter left is the ethernet. I've been on the Acer website ( its an Aspire 9500) but they only have drivers for XP operating system - not windows 7.
What should I do ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/379930-xp-windows-7-lost-wireless-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 46.01%

i missplaced my adapter to make it short and sweet...im tryin to find out if there's a way to buy a new one or any other options that could be available to me. it's a Micro Innovations 5-button 2.4 GHz optical. if it helps, the model # is PDOPT15W. S/N is 100808659. its not the most expensive by any means but i like it and would love to find a simple solution to my issue. thanks

A:lost usb adapter 4 wireless mouse, what r my options???

Would probably be pretty hard to find the reciever for that.
Looks like the set is still available on some sites.
Here is one on amazon.com..........
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=PDOPT15W&x=0&y=0
You can search that model number on other sites like newegg,
But I don't think it's going to be much cheaper.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-usb-adapter-4-wireless-mouse-what-r-my-options.986060/
Relevancy 46.01%

i was using the inbuilt hotspot for days and one day, i found it not working
so, i checked it up and found the microsoft hosted network virtual adapter is missing, which is essential to run any hosted networks. may be i have accidentally deleted/uninstalled it
it's very crucial to  me and i want it to be rectified. i've  been checking online for any possibe solution that has gone in vain, for 2 days now.
could you please help me out soon how to reinstall/ get it back

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f393e7e4-4a2f-4aa4-9b32-32c12a9f3019/lost-microsoft-hosted-network-adapter?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,
My Via Rhine 11 Fast ethernet adapter has got lost. Device manger says its there. If I uninstall it then new hardware finds it and reinstalls it. But when I try to use home connection wizard it says its not connected.
I used to have a home network, which is showing up as "a network cable is unplugged" which is garbage. Yes I tried a different cable.
I suspect that when my adsl network fell over while I was away, someone tried to connect the adsl modem to the lan connector in an effort to get it to work.
All the adsl needed was to be reset. But I cannot setup my home network to work.
I'm a bit flumoxed as to where to go from here.
Matt

A:Solved: Home network adapter lost

One final thing, its an onboard network card, so i can't rip it out.
The internet is working fine through the adsl/usb connection.
Have ggogled the problem and I've found a reference to http://www.snapfiles.com/download/dlwinsockxpfix.html
which postings have found useful to fix the error.
As I have a microsoft spyware message that I'm not sure why its pooping up, but it suggests a winsock issue, I'll pursue it and get back

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-home-network-adapter-lost.433691/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi there,

Ive got a laptop that im trying to link to my network and i'm trying to use a belkin wireless G USB network adapter that i had lying around. The probelm is i have lost the disk and need it to configure the settings and start using the adapter i think..

Is there anyway i can do it without the disk or how can i get the adapter to work with a simple download or something?

I can provide any information if needed..

Thanks for any help in advance.

A:Belkin Wireless adapter - LOST DISK

Hi.

I have a Belkin wireless G Network Card for Desktop and the software is missing. I'm not sure if its the same for USB but I found if you go to www.belkin.com/support and select the product and the model and click on software and drivers you can find an up to date bundle and download it free. Just make sure it specifies SOFTWARE AND DRIVERS not just drivers and ensure that you select the the bundle that matches your version number.

Hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-wireless-adapter-lost-disk.787102/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, my Wireless adapter is not in Device Manager. Currently im using Hp pavilion tx1000. Recently, I have formated my laptop, and i cant get my wireless work installed. I have been to hp website to get the latest wireless setup to install, but it still not able to function.
Even if I turn off and on again my wireless device, the laptop cannot detect my wireless adapter and make auto installation. The wireless is Broadband 802.11. Is that my wireless adaptor hardware get spoiled? I have tried a lot of wireless setup, but it still not able to work. Any suggestion my friend..

A:Wireless adapter not in Device Manager

Originally Posted by Likshen

Hi, my Wireless adapter is not in Device Manager. Currently im using Hp pavilion tx1000. Recently, I have formated my laptop, and i cant get my wireless work installed. I have been to hp website to get the latest wireless setup to install, but it still not able to function.
Even if I turn off and on again my wireless device, the laptop cannot detect my wireless adapter and make auto installation. The wireless is Broadband 802.11. Is that my wireless adaptor hardware get spoiled? I have tried a lot of wireless setup, but it still not able to work. Any suggestion my friend..

Hi,
Have you gone into device manager and choose view
"all hidden" ?

Can you see your adapter? as in pic I posted
If so, uninstall and reboot

also, here is a way to contact HP Contact HP - Phone assistance

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/222186-wireless-adapter-not-device-manager.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I've installed windows 7 as upgrade to vista home premium in my Toshiba Satellite P205D-7802 laptop. Most everything seems to be running fine. My big problem is my network adapters (for wired and wireless - they are different) don't show up at all in the device manager?

I understand the whole installing a driver with compatibility mode but that seem quite impossible if the system does not even find the devices?

System was bought new 1 year ago with visa home premium and everything was working fine before the install. I have the drivers to install if I need the old vista drivers but it does not good.

I can install the drivers and when it gets done it says they are no good until the device is attached?

Any and all help is appreciated.

A:Network Adapter Not in Device Manager

same problem here! any ideas anyone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/2334-network-adapter-not-device-manager.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I tried everything I know but can't seem to get back my wifi card to work. Please help.

A:Wi-Fi Adapter not showing in Device manager

Hi,
Did that USB DEVICE IS from A ISP if so it has installed a driver that has replaced or blocked or removed your Wifi driver thats why i hate those stuff.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/52664-wi-fi-adapter-not-showing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi everyone Right let me begin Just got new laptop DELL XPS l x preloaded with windows home I had a copy of windows infinium modded enterprise or something but looked really good So I thought I VGA (Code cannot This 10)??? start. ADAPTER!!! device would give it a go Seems that it didn't have some of the drivers needed so I needed to install these separately I thought I had done everything until this afternoon when I tried connecting the laptop to the tv via hdmi Nothing happened I started going through the usual settings but couldn't get VGA ADAPTER!!! This device cannot start. (Code 10)??? it working Looked in device manager and under 'display adapters' - 'Standard VGA graphics adapter' I get the dreaded warning sign I double click on 'Standard VGA graphics adapter' and get This device cannot start Code So I uninstalled it ran a registry cleaner restarted laptop let windows find and install it but still receive same error I really need this to work as i use the laptop to watch VGA ADAPTER!!! This device cannot start. (Code 10)??? films on the tv all the time Any ideas anyone Thanks in advance

A:VGA ADAPTER!!! This device cannot start. (Code 10)???

Don't use any modded operating system, instead reinstall your original operating system using the provided OEM discs if you have them

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vga-adapter-this-device-cannot-start-code-10-a-602575.html
Relevancy 46.01%

In the device manager I have only the Nvidia 9800M drivers and no Intel VGA drivers. I vaguely remember there being Intel VGA drives as well when I revived the computer. I have done a Gateway system restore and the the Device manager has the display adapter listed as Nvidia 9800M with no Intel VGA.

When I try to install Intel VGA UMA from the driver disk it says my computer does not meet the requirements and shuts down the installation program.

Any help would be wonderful.

A:VGA adapter missing in Device Manager

Hi thenerrus,

If you have a display on your laptop, the VGA is working. I seriously doubt you have two different video cards in that lap because they're not usually built that way, unless you had another on installed. The information you provided says you have an Nvidia card as your video adapter, trying to install the Intel drivers and having them fail also says you only have an Nvidia adapter installed.

So, unless you installed another video card or unsure what card you have installed in the laptop, I would suggest you look up your systems specs from the notebook manufacture and see what card is installed on the machine.

Good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/238746-vga-adapter-missing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I just got myself a new pc for my room Everything runs good the gfx No adapter display in manager. device card is intergrated No display adapter in device manager. with the motherboard which is asus M A-VM Its dual core gigs of ram I Just too my recently bought gfx card out of my other pc which is pretty much the same as the pc i just explained except i dont think the motherboard is asus Anyways when ever i insert my gfx card Radean X pro pci express into the new pc i got and start up the pc it loads up with no display adapter group in the device manager So I stick in my cd that came with the gfx card and try installing the display driver for it and no it doesnt work it says Something about installing a simple vga driver and to try again I would reinstall my chipset drivers but Since i got this pc from my friend for free i dont got no disc for it which would include chipset drivers like my older pc did i would think Iv went to the asus site and downloaded the proper chipset drivers for my motherboard and still after installing them no change It wont read my gfx card for some reason Im thinking it must be tho since i got my monitor plugged into it and it works fine just says the monitor is on default I dont know what to do iv tryed meny different things Any ideas of how to fix this are welcome nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,
Just a while ago, i downloaded a set of wireless drivers for my Dell inspiron N5110 laptop computer. I restarted the computer but no wireless icon showed up in the system tray. So off i went to the Device manager - Network adapters and then No wireless adapter found.
If the adapter is disabled, how can you turn it on? I tried the fn+F2 hotkeys but no change.
I need Help asap.
Thanks a lot.
King

Relevancy 46.01%

I just restarted my computer and and i can not display 32 bit true color. It only allows me to diplay 16 colors. I went into display properties-->settings to change it then the screen shook and said "Your display adapter conflicts with another device in your computer. To correct the problem, click OK to start the Hardware Conflit Trouble Shooter." I did that and followed it step by step and the final message in the trouble shooter said "You've encountered a hardware conflict problem that this troubleshooter can't help you solve. For more information, try looking in the documentation for your hardware, or call your hardware support line." Is there any help that someone can give me, cuz this is BS all i did is restart the computer. And I've tryed restarting it several times now and shutting it down. If someone can help me one-on-on my AIM id is ChosenOneTHPS.

ThankYou.
:

Relevancy 46.01%

I just formatted an old computer ghz amd athalon mb ram with in network adapter no device manager a new win xp home oem disk with a key I used from my shot eMachine Everything was going fine it was getting late and I didn t have a chance to look at the client my cousin s internet connection before connecting to the internet I installed quickbooks which no network adapter in device manager shouldn t have anything to do with my problem but i thought I would mention it he hit IE quot this page cannot blah blah blah quot I asked him over the phone to go into no network adapter in device manager device manager and go to network adapters but there isn t one I told him to go to network connections and it only had what is in this picture attached http vbulletin thesite org attachment php attachmentid amp d Can you please help me I need to do tech over the phone His OB on board sound wasn t working we used the driver disk that came with the eMachine and the realtek ac started working There is still no internet I thought that installing drivers for the OB sound card might help the OB network card but the emachine disk isn t the right disk for this old towers motherboard I do not have this towers motherboard disk please don t say this is a problem nbsp

A:no network adapter in device manager

Are there errors in Device Manager?
How is he connecting to the Internet? Dial-up? Broadband?
Did you install the appropriate hardware drivers for whatever device is needed to connect to the Internet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-adapter-in-device-manager.631470/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a geforce mx 4000 128 mb video card. I just installed Service pack 2 on windows xp professional.

After the install was done the picture quality was degraded and when i checked device amanager there was no display adapters. I can still get a 1200+ resolution but screens are choppy.

I reinstalled drivers from nvdia cd. The install was successful but nothing seemed to change. Still no display adapter in deveice manager.

I downloaded the latest drivers and got an error saying no compaible nvidia device was found on my computer.

I reseated the video card and that did no good.

What should I do next? Has this happeed to other people. I really need SP2 for asp.net 2.0 development (it is required for visual studio and sql server 2005), but the graphics quality is unacceptable and none of my games will run.

Medal of honor can't open OpenGL graphics and crashes. Please help!

Justin

Relevancy 46.01%
Relevancy 46.01%

When I open device manager, there is no option for network adapters, unless I click on show hidden devices.
My motherboard model is ASUS p7h55-m
I tried instaling drivers for my model of motherboard, but nothing worked.
Whenever I troubleshoot, it says that I need a driver for my network adapter.
I tried instaling Realtek ethernet controller driver. However it says that:"NO NETWORK CONTROLLER WAS FOUND, if deep sleep mode is enabled, please plug the cable".

I need some help! Been trying to fix this for the past 6 hours. This has happened after I formatted my PC! Also, I have no CD with my motherboard .. thanks so much.

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello,

After using system restore my internet connection has a red x. I have seen this before so I went into device manager so see what's up. There is no network adapter listed. I did a scan for hardware changed and nothing. I have an Atheros network driver folder on my desktop so I ran the setup.exe and it appeared to install the driver. After a reboot nothing happens.

The windows 7 troubleshooter tells me, "Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver."

The LAN connection is on my Asus p5ql-pro motherboard and I have downloaded the most recent driver from the website.

please help.$

A:No network adapter in Device manager

Quote: Originally Posted by TheOnion

Hello,

After using system restore my internet connection has a red x. I have seen this before so I went into device manager so see what's up. There is no network adapter listed. I did a scan for hardware changed and nothing. I have an Atheros network driver folder on my desktop so I ran the setup.exe and it appeared to install the driver. After a reboot nothing happens.

The windows 7 troubleshooter tells me, "Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver."

The LAN connection is on my Asus p5ql-pro motherboard and I have downloaded the most recent driver from the website.

please help.$

Was the driver you installed a win 7 driver? If not you need to install it in compatibility mode. To do that right click the installer>properties>compatibility>choose OS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/80223-no-network-adapter-device-manager.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Tech Support safely icon Lost to hardware remove Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G G Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI Boston Antivirus Norton Security Suite Updated and Enabled I surfed and did the following I went to Customize and clicked on Notifications and Safely Remove Hardware was not on the list I then went to My Computer and tried the following at least I wanted to try Go to My Computer gt Manage gt Services and Applications gt Services Search the list for the following entry quot Plug Lost safely to remove hardware icon and Play quot and double click on it The properties window should appear Set the Startup Type to quot Automatic quot Click OK and restart your PC Had no idea where to find Manage Is there some other method Thanks mthumjdo nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-safely-to-remove-hardware-icon.1170926/
Relevancy 46.01%

I tried finding some information in the archives about this problem but I guess I'm just a tiny bit confused. Anyway, I have a Sony Vaio laptop, model PCG-R505GCP, with a CD RW DVD-ROM. Up until yesterday it was working perfectly fine. I've made no changes to my system. But now I've discovered, through looking in Device Manager that the device cann't be found. This is the message I'm getting:

"Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardward device. (Code 41)"

This is what's listed in Device Manager under DVD/CD-ROM drives:
Sony i.LINK CD-RW DVD-ROM Drive IEEE 1394 SBP2 Device
It has a yellow exclaimation mark.

I was wondering if there might be someone who could help me figure this out.

Thanks so much!
Rachel

A:windows not finding hardware device

Reboot the laptop into the BIOS by whatever means the opening screen tells you to use to go into setup. In the first of the menus, it should tell you whether or not it recognises the CDRW/DVDROM. Can you please post back one way or the other?

Alternatively, you could try uninstalling it in Device Manager and rebooting, then allow XP to redetect it, hopefully it will work that time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-not-finding-hardware-device.305542/
Relevancy 46.01%

Briefly any attempts to reinstall network adapter driver for onboard component and also for the just-bought-and-installed in PCI-E slot network adapter results in the message Cannot install drivers No Intel R Adapters are present in this computer Details lots Hardware Acer Aspire M with Win Home Premium bit Motherboard is a Foxconn P M with onboard Intel R DC Gigabit Network Connection Driver it driver Device the will hardware see installation not had at Device driver installation will not see the hardware the time it stopped working was Basically the family member who owns Device driver installation will not see the hardware this PC stated the network stopped working mid task Yes it was a safe site they are not that type Couple of hours on the phone with the internet provider ended with a quot The problem is at your end nothing we can do quot spiel Understandable once I had the PC delivered to me and went into the device manager to see a row of yellow triangles for every network component Rebooted into safe mode with networking Ran Norton Internet Security Ran Malwarebytes Nothing No internet Green and orange lights at network port OK I think Lets reinstall the drivers Go to Acer website Get drivers Will not install Says it cannot find any network device Restart PC and go into BIOS Onboard LAN is enabled there Get newer driver from Intel website nice to have PCs and same thing Fine enough mucking around Empty PCI-E x slot just begging for a network card Go buy the Intel R Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter Follow the proper grounding powered down routine to install card Double checked to ensure proper slot placement During restart I did detour thru the BIOS to disable the Onboard LAN Tried installing the drivers for the PCI-E card Same problem as before Says it cannot find any network device Specifically quot Cannot install drivers No Intel R Adapters are present in the computer quot It's there in device manager just missing the driver to operate Try a couple of times in fact Notice that during the driver install process the software detects the onboard device as well as the PCI-E device Both are Intel so that makes sense Wanted other than Intel when I bought the PCI-E card but store selection prevented But why is it detecting the onboard I ask That was disabled in the BIOS Restart again check BIOS Disabled Try reinstall again Same thing So now I surfed the net for ideas Others with same problem lots of quot solutions quot It's your cable it's your modem its your router But this PC has now been in two separate homes At my home I unhooked a working PC to put this Acer in its place so same working cables same monitor and keyboard And kind of hard to do some suggested things when the PC has no working internet connection Others have even reformatted and reinstalled the OS No difference for them Some who have installed a network card because the onboard was dead had success Not with this PC though Driver software will not see the devices More internet searching found these to run at the command prompt ipconfig release - gave the message quot Windows IP Configuration quot without the quotes and the command prompt again ipconfig renew - gave the message quot Windows IP Configuration quot without the quotes and the command prompt again netsh winsock reset catalog - gave the message quot Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog You most restart the computer in order to complete the reset netsh int ip reset reset log gave me the message quot There's no user specified settings to be reset quot I'm at a loss

A:Device driver installation will not see the hardware

Do you have sign inside Device Manager ? Under Network

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/299895-device-driver-installation-will-not-see-hardware.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have this thing called HTREE\ROOT\0 on my system. I used tweaking.com's hardware identifier to find it. I am really at a loss here on what to say because I have had my vehicle stolen and I was moving and had valuable documents ie birth certificate....address's ect. ect. I know I need to report this all to financial institutions but whoever has been messing with me on the internet has cost me tons of dollars. They are somehow able to steal my data (i have to use mobile data b/c I lost my home) and waste countless hours of just frustrating that heck out of me. it's to the point I have almost lost my sanity. So ya can anyone shed some light on the HTREE\ROOT\0 thing?

A:Found Unknown hardware device

You have an open existing Am I Infected topic, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612199/hidden-locked-process-totalexe-process-and-some-power-thing/ .

Please continus puruit of that topic.